[Return]
Archived thread

File 12204206262.jpg - (705.10KB , 1280x1024 , 009_msz.jpg ) [iqdb]
6625 No. 6625
"Retreat! Their too strong!" came the voice belonging to a paniced leader that led a group of bandits, now reduced to nothing but a small gang as a result of the lot of them had been either gunned down, blown up, or sliced in half by your forces. The area around him and his men is devastated, with craters, debris from their Super Vehicles and machinery, and the legions of mutilated and charred corpses from the intense battle that had been fought. You lower your gun as you see the bandit leader back down, before finally coming to terms with his cowardice and running away as fast as he could, his few remaining allies reluctantly following behind him. A satisfied smile spreads across your face as you see their figures comically dashing away into the barren wastes that surrounded the ruined city you called 'home'. Another victory had been claimed today.

Attacks like these were pretty much clockwork now, that is, ever since the rebellion against the Gensokyo Army which resulted in the formation 5 seperate factions in the early years of the 21st century. These 5 factions, now being led by a respective leader, would prosper and eventually form their own nations, a Utopia fit for their ideals and views. A Paradise fit for them and ONLY them. Where did this leave the remaining forces and nations who did not follow these 5 factions? Simple, they were left behind, now having to fend for themselves and becoming nothing more than common rouges that made a living by salvaging anything they could find, and stealing whatever they needed. Everyone had one day hoped the Gensokyo Army would reform and restore balance, but this dream has long since been abandoned, now that it was known that the 5 world leaders had prospered in forming their own nations and were not planning on going back to their old ways just because a set of lower class humans and youkai needed their help. But, so long as you, and your allied forces, could come out okay in the many battles that lie ahead, you couldn't care less about the state of the world.

However you were certain that this current win was not so easily assured, the opposition had brought a formidible assortment of Type 4: Girida-O's and even the powerful Type 2: Di-Cokka. Had it not been of the help of the humans who stepped forward and fought alongside you, and the newly restored Super Vehicle; Sand Simon your side could have very easily lost this battle. You remind youself to also give thanks to the brilliant engineer Kappa who had worked on the vehicle in the 1st place. You were told that all Kappa had a knack for machines and craftsmenship but you were sure that this Kappa far exceeded that notion, seeing as to how she could not only fix the Sand Simon but also improve it's capablilties in combat. Such a feat should not go without giving credit to those who truly deserved it.

After a short celebration of having repelled another threat, your comrades settle down to converse amoungst themselves about what's to be done now. However, your mind began to wander to the bandits who attacked earlier. You know full well that bandits don't attack an area for no reason, and this being their 3rd time in a week of showing up in this city, is more than enough reason to speculate that said bandits persisted only because they were after something located in this very area. What that something is exactly, is anyone's guess. "This'll be the 3rd time this week those bandits attacked this place..." You sigh as you hoist your Heavy Machine Gun over your shoulder, looking out to the dull barren wastes that seemed to strecth on forever. "I don't know what, but these guys are after somethin'..."

"They're bandits. They're ALWAYS after something" You look over your shoulder for the source of that remark, and you come to see a young woman leaning against the Sand Simon, it's Mokou, a tomboy-ish regular in the diplitated city the humans called home. But, she usually only to visited as a means to check up on her good friend Keine Kamishirasawa, the school teacher as well as the self-appointed protector of the area. During the time you've come to spend with Mokou, you've always been misled by her appearance being her attire of a tan (possibly charred) shirt and suspenders always threw you off. Had it not been for her feminine voice, long flowing sliver hair and those talismen bows in said hair, you would sure to have expected her to be a man.

"As insightful as ever, Mokou-chan" You replied to Mokou's statement earlier, to which she leers to you in response, possibly due to the nickname you called her by just now "Don't call me that!" she snaps to you, her red eyes piercing through you with burning anger.

"Fair enough, I'll stop" You comply to her wishes with a nonchalant shrug. Although, despite her saying this, you've always persisted in calling her 'Mokou-chan'. After all, she didn't seem to mind it when Keine called her that, so why not you. "That aside, I'd like to thank ya for helping us out with those bandits earlier" You say and offer out your hand to her as a means of a handshake. To which she crosses her arms and turns away.

"Hmph, I was only doing to protect the humans and Keine. I wasn't doing it to help you." Why couldn't she just say 'Your welcome' like a normal person does. But, then again, an immortal, reverse trap, wielding intense fire manipulation abilities isn't exactly normal in any sense. You give her a cynical look from behind her back, as her words give rise to something you now know hasn't changed despite you being here for more than a year now. "What? You STILL don't trust me?"

"No." She answered swiftly, not even stopping to think about it. For someone who manipulates fire, Mokou sure is cold sometimes. But, you were used to this distrust from her by now, for you knew that she'd learn to be your ally sooner or later.

"Well, you will eventually" You shrug, your cynical expression being replaced with a smile. "Trust maybe hard to build in this world now, but I'm willing to wait until I win yours."

You see Mokou's body tense as these words pass through her ears, she turns to you obviously trying to hide a blush. "W-what's that supposed to mean?"

"Exactly what it says" You answer dryly, following this with a slight chuckle at her expression, she tries so hard to hide that soft side of hers. Although you know messing with a girl like Mokou isn't really being that of a gentlement but still, you had to admitt it was pretty fun. Albeit dangerous. "Ugh, you're being weird again." She sneers and turns on her heels to leave you. "I'm going back to the school and check on Keine, she should know the bandits have been beaten already"

"I don't understand why you always mess with her like that?" Asked one of humans who had fought in the battle alongside you. "You know she could bake your ass like a potatoe, right?"

"Yeah I know. I suppose I like 'playing with fire'." What a bad pun, but you couldn't resist, as obvious as it may have been. And the reception is just as bad as the pun in question was. "...It was that bad, huh?" The lot of your group nods slowly, some fidgeting a little signaling just how awkward the phrase had made this moment.

Putting your horrible sense of puns and humor aside, you decide it's time to do something else. The day is still young and you're feeling good about yourself, despite the earth being in a state of ruin. You say your good byes to the humans who aided you and walk off into the city, seeing now that the residents had returned from being in hiding and had resumed their normal duites. You weren't really sure where the humans sought refuge when they were under attack, but where ever it may be it sure was an effective shelter to be within during these times.

But, whatever the case maybe you're free for most of the day (unless some douchebags wish to launch another terrorist attack), and now stuck with a decision of what you want to do next.

[ ] Go see if you can find that Kappa you thought of earlier.
[ ] Go to the school, even though you know Mokou's not going to like you being there.
[ ] Find yourself a ride and go somewhere else.

>> No. 6626
File 122042071197.png - (4.01KB , 160x152 , Sand Simon from Metal Slug 1.png ) [iqdb]
6626
And to those who didn't get the technical names for the vehicles used in the OP...
>> No. 6627
File 122042078371.png - (3.38KB , 160x152 , Type 2_Di-Cokka.png ) [iqdb]
6627
Type 2: Di-Cokka
>> No. 6628
File 122042087695.png - (3.09KB , 160x152 , Type 4_Girida O.png ) [iqdb]
6628
And lastly the Type 4: Girida O.

Hopefull you enjoyed this presentation, and I hope to write more tommorrow when I'm off from college.
>> No. 6630
YOU PLAY SOUL NOMAD
>> No. 6636
Wow. Way to combine my two favorite games.

HEAVY MACHINE GUN
>> No. 6637
Allen O'Neil must be portrayed by Mannosuke.

COME ON BOY
YOU'RE MINCEMEAT
GO HOME TO MOMMY
>> No. 6638
[X] Go see if you can find that Kappa you thought of earlier.

In before that one Marisa pic.
>> No. 6639
[x] Go see if you can find that Kappa you thought of earlier.

NITORI!
OK!
>> No. 6653
File 122045441182.jpg - (109.38KB , 800x1024 , 989361.jpg ) [iqdb]
6653
[x] Go see if you can find that Kappa you thought of earlier.

\河童/
>> No. 6661
[X] Go see if you can find that Kappa you thought of earlier.
>> No. 6675
[x] Go see if you can find that Kappa you thought of earlier.
>> No. 6739
File 122048323043.png - (217.84KB , 400x450 , 1220226104966.png ) [iqdb]
6739
[X] Go see if you can find that Kappa you thought of earlier.

It's decided. Thanking the kappa is something you have to do, you can't really say you would have done a better job on a vehicle like that. Besides, giving her credit, you haven't really talked to her in a good while having been on gaurd most of your free time has proved a hinderance to this earlier on. The Kappa in question, whoes name was Nitori Shirazawa, was a recent addition to the settlement, having traveled from the distant area of the Kotiya Nation in which the Ptolemoriya Army had set up shop.

According to certain individuals the very land the Ptolemoriya's had settled on was in fact the Kappa's (as well as the Tengus) territory. It was said that, the leader of the Ptolemoriya Army 'showed up outta nowhere' and later started drafting alot of the residents into their ranks. The Tengus, being as arrogant as they were, didn't immediatly condone with tese actions and opted to fight, but the chief of their kind knew of the power these newcomers had and gave them the leway to do what they will. However, Kappa were the ones who were quick to bail out, fearing they may be forced to fight in the coming wars. Although there have been some claims of a few Kappa staying behind usually due to their leader bribing them into thinking they will work on grade A tech which was infact stolen and copied from many other armies.

The ones who fled, would later seek shelter in the cities which had been established by the other factions (namely Neo-Mayohiga, the HQ of the Yakumo-ists). Nitori was one of the few who came to one of the settlements that were not affiliated with any of the 5 factions (Neutral ground if you will), and now that you think of it, you were kinda lucky that she made that choice.

The walk to Nitori's garage is uneventful at best, save for a few of the human and youkai who were out and about, either conversing or selling different items to their customers, there are several Yakitori stands around the streets the smell of fresh poultry being grilled lingering in the air. You always wanted to try some of the selections of these stands but was always distracted by other things, perhaps you'll get you some later on. By the time you realize it, you've already arrived at your destination, an small warehouse that had been remodeled slightly to fit Nitori's profession, you peer inside and see the usual things one would find in a garage, several vehicles, a line of tool cases and the occasional oil spill here and there.

"Hey, you in here Nitori?" You call out as you cross the threshold to the garage. You cringe slightly as your nose is greeted with the smell of oil and other fuels that the atmosphere contained. You often wondered to yourself as to how Nitori could stand it, what with her being a water dweller and all that, but you assumed she was probably used to this kind of thing, after all she was in here almost 24/7. As you scan the area for any sign of the kappa you happen to spy several unfinished SVs parked to the far left side of the garage, possibly future projects that Nitori was planning to work on later. You can see that one was a black colored Girida O, a common battle tank which is what the defenses to this city needed. However, the 2nd is a model you don't seem to recognize, being it looks to have been dismantled to the point that you can't even make out what it is anymore. Oh well, you're certain by the end of the month or so Nitori would have gotten half (if not all) of the body work to the machine in question done.

You pry your mind away from mechanics for a moment to realize that Nitori hasn't answered back to your call with her own. Hm, strange, She would usually be in here tinkering with something no less. So, you decide to give it another go, just in case she didn't hear you the 1st time around. "Nitori! It's me-!"

You're suddenly cut off by a low 'Clunk', followed by a brief curse that seemed to originate from the back of the garage. Turning around to face that direction, you see the hatch door to another Girida-O fly open and, as you expected, Nitori's head is the one that peers out. Though she seems to have knocked her head on something, being she's rubbing it in an annoyed manner "Geeze, I didn't think you could BE that loud. You made me bump me head in there..."

"Sorry...I didn't know you were in there..." You chuckle in a nervous like manner

"Nah, don't worry about it" Nitori sighed as she pulled herself up from the hatch and slid down to the foot of the Girida. Nitori really wore that aqua dress well, even though you knew she would probably get hot alot quicker had she say, wore a sleeve less undershirt like most grease monkeys wore (pardon, that term). You were still a bit surprised for how young Nitori looked in comparision to some of the other mechanics and engineers you've met, but most youkai and other non-human races are said to age alot more slowly than humans, so you figured Nitori was subject to this fact.

"So, I take it my Sand Simon came in handy?" Nitori started with you nodding in reponse.

"Darn right it did. Fact is, I'm here to thank you for fixin' it up for us." You answered with a smile "I don't know how you do it"

"Think nothin' of it, I was just doing what comes natural" Nitori said giving you modest grin. "Though, I might have to start charging if this keeps up, materials don't come cheap y'know~" You freeze up as you hear this last statement, you maybe good at firing a gun but you'd be damned if you were ever to have any money on you at all times. "Uh...yeah right" You smile a bit hoping that she was only joking about that...but then again you never know...

"Now that I think of it, how DID you manage to get your hands on the Sand Simon, those things aren't really an easy to find and even if you do, buying one is almost a bank out the ear...And I know you're usually flat broke too..."

"Oh you know me, I just happened to get lucky" You answer with a shrug.

Needless to say Nitori doesn't believe this complete load for a second and gives you a cynical look to prove it. No one can be THAT lucky enough as to find a rare prototype of a war vehicle just laying around in the desert, or in someone's shop, in a state of disrepair.

"...You don't buy it, do you?"

"Nope"

(cont.)
>> No. 6740
"Heh, I figured as much..." You laugh, although you knew at least some of your 'luck' did play some role into you actually getting the Sand Simon. It is at the mention of this vehicle though, that rouses you to ask Nitori another question, this one focusing on the bandits earlier "By the way, you have info on any new tech that some rouges might be after?"

Nitori thinks on the question for a moment, before shaking her head with her arms in a 'Sorry' like demeanor. "Can't say that I do. News of freshly built machines doesn't really circulate as much as it used to now, that is, ever since everybody split into their own factions anyways." "And I'm pretty sure most the Kappa and other engineers are also keeping alot info on their machines on the down low too, for if they let the word out, rouges could come looking to steal it from them." She explained.

"I see. It's just that those guys who attacked us earlier, were the very same ones rouges who tried to sneak in here 3 days ago, I'm trying to figure out what they're after..."

"Well, maybe they're after the Sand Simon, ever think about that?"

"Not really. I always that, thought since it was an old model of the now recent Di-Cokka, no one would want it for themselves anymore"

Nitori shakes her head "Old doesn't always mean a vehicle's obsolete, or out of date. I mean, just look what I did to one, if any other mechanic with higher level of skill could get a hold of something like the Sand Simon, I'm sure they could turn it into an even more effective combat vehicle than I could ever make" She says, before she turns around and climbs back onto the turret ring of the tank. "Anyways...what're you gonna do now? I'm sure you have the whole day off now"

"I might go to one of those yakitori stands and get me some fried eel, but other than that, I dunno..." You shrug again showing your uncertainty on the situation.

"Well, your welcome to stay here if you want to. I don't mind it." Nitori suggests as she prepares to duck back into the Girida to continue the internal work, but before she does... "Just don't go around touching everything. You know what happened LAST time you got sticky fingers." She added sternly, pointing her wrench to you accusingly.

"I know, I promise I know the difference between inflammable and nonflammable this time" You reply holding your hands up in defense. Nitori nods as if saying 'Good' and goes back into the tank, the sounds of her working coming into tune as soon as she disappears from sight.

Well with that done, what're you gonna do now?

[ ] Stay here, maybe help Nitori if she needs it.
[ ] Offer to take Nitori with you to the Yakitori stands outside.
[ ] Leave and go elsewhere.
[ ] Something else on your mind? (Write-In)
>> No. 6770
>However, the 2nd is a model you don't seem to recognize, being it looks to have been dismantled to the point that you can't even make out what it is anymore. Oh well, you're certain by the end of the month or so Nitori would have gotten half (if not all) of the body work to the machine in question done.

Super Vehicle Type 001 "Metal Slug"?

[x] Ask Nitori what the other vehicle is.
>> No. 6791
[X] Ask Nitori about that other vehicle.
[X] "Hey, uh, maybe it won't cover the material cost completely, but you wanna go grab some bird or something? My treat, of course."
>> No. 6797
>inflammable and nonflammable this time
Ehh, aren't they just the American and British versions of the same word?
>> No. 6799
>>6797

I do not have enough facepalm for this comment.
>> No. 6823
File 122053389653.jpg - (16.63KB , 223x475 , p_marco01.jpg ) [iqdb]
6823
Are we Anonymous Rossi?
>> No. 6843
File 12205498309.jpg - (370.06KB , 480x640 , 96d70cb51ecc83f074a0d511a74ca2d0.jpg ) [iqdb]
6843
[X] Ask Nitori about that other vehicle.
[X] Offer to take Nitori with you to the Yakitori stands outside.

I'm beginning to imagine Nitori as Fio right now...
>> No. 6952
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No8A3ZjOD_U

Oh God.

[x] Ask Nitori about that other vehicle.
[X] Offer to take Nitori with you to the Yakitori stands outside.
>> No. 6967
File 12205816297.png - (143.73KB , 450x450 , nitori038.png ) [iqdb]
6967
>I'm beginning to imagine Nitori as Fio right now...

I came.
>> No. 6975
File 122058680327.jpg - (48.86KB , 500x450 , cry some more ~ze.jpg ) [iqdb]
6975
HEAVY MACHINE GUN
>> No. 6984
[+] Ask Nitori about that other vehicle.
[+] Offer to take Nitori with you to the Yakitori stands outside.
>> No. 7041
File 122068658027.jpg - (407.59KB , 768x1024 , MetalSlugNitori.jpg ) [iqdb]
7041
>>6967

It had to be done. You're welcome.
>> No. 7058
>>7041

THATARMTHATARMTHATARMTHATARMTHATARMTHATARMTHATARMTHATARMTHATARMTHATARMTHATARMTHATARMTHATARMTHATARMTHATARMTHATARMTHATARMTHATARM
>> No. 7170
Sorry for the delays, real time shit kicked in. Nevertheless, updates are in order.
>> No. 7197
File 122077871344.jpg - (49.16KB , 419x599 , 419px-Cooking_yakitori.jpg ) [iqdb]
7197
[x] Ask Nitori about that other vehicle.
[x] Offer to take Nitori with you to the Yakitori stands outside.

Hm, that vehicle over there...Although, it's probably another Type 2 or something but still there's something about it that rouses your curiosity, maybe it was because of the fact that it was dismantled. Maybe Nitori knew something about it. 9 times out of 10 she was the one who brought it here. "Hey, Nitori?" you ask with the kappa in question raising up from the Girida's interior. "That other vehicle over there, what is it exactly?" Nitori looks to the left where the 2 vehicles were parked "Oh yeah that. It is, or rather it WAS, a SV-001 or the 'Metal Slug'."

"You mean the combat vehicle of the Gensokyo Army?" You say with a raised eyebrow, before continuing on "No offense or anything, but they're nothing special anymore, I mean, after all the other factions practically stole the design and made new stuff from it..."

"Yeah, I know." Nitori responds bluntly as if expecting you to respond with that statement. She sighs a little and glances over to the dismantled war vehicle in question. "Which is why I'm rebuilding it, I know these Metal Slugs are capable of doing alot more than what the Gensokyo Army says they can, and judging by how the other factions just ripped them off and made a whole line up of solid combat vehicles with the SV-001's original blue print, I'm sure I can turn this into something even better than the Sand Simon." From her words she sounded a bit disappointed that the Metal Slug wasn't as 'special' as it used to be. "This one was pretty old when I found it, a Type - 001, so it didn't have all the upgraded parts like the Type 002 has now. But, I don't think what model I use should be of much difference"

She sure was confident in her abilities, but then again she had every right to.

With that cleared up and out of the way, you're now free to do whatever you want to now. But as you're turning to exit, you look to Nitori, who just sitting on the Girida staring out of the windows above, possibly thinking of something else, either way, Nitori would usually already be inside a vehicle taking that aloose or putting this in there. Just seeing her sitting there on the Girida's turret ring staring into space is enough for you to assume that she wanted to do something else, although you don't put much behind that seeing as to how she loved to mess with machines alot...but still shouldn't hurt to ask. After checking you pockets to see if you had any money (to which, you manage to count a total of 10 loose dollars. Score! you're not completely broke today), you clear your throat a bit to catch the day dreaming kappa's attention and step a bit closer to her perch.

"Say, uh...Nitori, I was gonna go out to those Yakitori stands outside and I was wondering if like, you wanna come with me. My treat" You offer to her "Oh and I have 10 bucks so...I'm not completely broke" You smile at the sound of the words 'not completly broke'. It feels good to have extra money, it really does. "I know how ya said earlier you'd start chargin' for the materials and I thought I'd take you out for some grilled bird...y'know as-"

"A date" Nitori jokingly interjects with you stumbling to this abrupt insight, you didn't really think of this as a date but now that you realize it...it kinda was. "W-well, not exactly a date b-but..."

Nitori giggles and hops off the Girida putting herself right in front of you. "C'mon let's go before we lose daylight" she says as she playfully tugs at your arm. it would seem she really did want to go somewhere else for the day...

(cont.)
>> No. 7198
As you and Nitori exit the garage and begin southward into the district where most of the food related business was located, you noticed the Yakitori stands were still open for customers even though the area was looking pretty vacant as of now. Thee vacancy of the area isn't uncommon in this day and age, being the price of certain foods has skyrocketed with in the last year or two. This sharp price increase was due to how dangerous shipping goods has become over past the years after the Rebellion, with rouges and terrorists being at large now, many who ship goods to other nations and settlements began to charge extra for having to stick their necks out just to deliver their shipments. You remember having to escort a caravan to a city not far from the Scarlet Lands, and although you were attacked numerous times and lost a fair amount of men, the pay was excellent. In fact you wouldn't mind doing another misision like that again, provided your allies were gauranteed safety.

But still, despite this, there were some humans and the occasional youkai out getting their share of groceries or supplies for whatever they needed them for, after all no matter how high the prices are, one still had to eat. The Yakitori stands were fairly lenient as far as price range goes, being most of the owners to said stands raised their own livestock used in their cooking. But it was still slightly more expensive than it was say a year ago...

The area, in general, is pretty much as alive as it's going to get today, the sounds of the grills sizzling and various yakitori chefs shouting their eats are hot and fresh, as a way to attract customers to their area. One in particular has a young bird girl singing melodious tunes in order to attract customers, you glance over to see she isn't cooking the usual chicken meat that the others around her were cooking, in fact she seems to be cooking some type of eel. Not being one for seafood you pass her by, and make the decision to stop at the stand beside hers instead.

"Ah! Customers" The owner, a middle aged human male, rises from his seat and proceeds to get the grill going. "I'll have you're food ready in sec"

You nod, and look to Nitori who seems to be looking the stand over seeing it it has any mechanical parts, kappa sure do like their machines. "Hey Nitori?" you say to rouse her from her inspection.

"Hm?"

"You ever had this kinda stuff before?"

"Not really, I prefer to eat cucumbers rather than meat" She replies with a smile. "What about you? Do you like cucumbers?"

"Uh...a little" You answer, obviously lieing. To be painfully honest you were never a really big fan of cucumbers, they just never seemed to taste right to you. "Anyways, this'll be my 1st time eatin this stuff too, but I'm a natrual meat eater so it should be okay" Nitori nods and goes back to waiting.

You, however, have your attention on your server. You've noticed that his hands are moving pretty fast for an old guy, in fact they're so fast you can barely keep up with them. Nitori is the 1st to comment on this "Hey, old man. How long have ya been in this business?" The man looks up to the kappa, his hands not slowing down in the least "Eh? well, I can say it's been a while since I did anything else for a living, but running this sorta thing is alot easier than anything else..at least before my 1st job anyways..." He laughs a bit at his own words.

"What else did you used to do before this?" You ask, now a little curious about this old geezer's past. "Well I used to, believe it or not, be somewhat like you, young man" he replies glancing over to you "I worked for Head Commander Hakurei, of the Gensokyo Army, way before the Rebellion occured. Back then, I was assigned as a gaurd for their HQ and although it was a pretty boring job, I got paid pretty good despite the army's low funds at times. But, after Yukari's attack on the capital and the eventual split of the Gensokyo Army, alot of the soldiers who worked for Hakurei were either captured as prisoners or left with no jobs, I was one of the few who managed to escape being captured. After that, I wandered from place to place looking for a solid job to fall back on but it never seemed work out..."

"So you came here, to start over?" You inquire to the man who nods slowly to answer "In away, yes. But, I don't plan on roaming like I did long ago, instead I'm just going to take it easy from now on and live life at a steady pace" He chuckles a bit and shakes his head, now realizing just how long he's been preaching to you and Nitori. "Anyways, I've bored you kids long enough with my ramblings, here's your yakitori" He hands you the 2 skewered chicken and you graciously accept them, before paying up with all the money you had in your pocket "Will this be enough?"

The old man nods graciously and takes about 6 dollars from the 10 you presented. "There's your change, enjoy the food youngins"

Picking up your change, you stuff it in your pocket and hand Nitori her share of yakitori, to which she curiously nibbles on as to get a feel of how it tasted. After a few moments of chewing, she swallows and you await judgement "So, do you like it?"

"Yeah, It's actually alot better than I though it'd be" She replies happily before looking to you with a grateful smile "Thanks, for taking me here"

"No problem, I just wanted to pay you back for that Sand Simon somehow"

Nitori smiles a bit and starts back munching on her yakitori. "You better eat yours before it get's cold, I may not know meat, but I DO know things don't taste good when their cold..." Nitori pauses for a few seconds "Well...I take that back, cucumbers taste good no matter how cold they are"

Taking Nitori's advice (nix the cucumber bit) you bite into the grilled chicken and pull off a nice hunk of meat. Hm, it's fairly good, it's a bit salty at 1st but the flavor eventually settles back to that of normal chicken meat. Now satisfied with how your food tatsed you and Nitori start walking on through the city. But, as you step a bit further ahead, you feel someone glare at you from the side. A bit un nerved by this feeling you glance over your shoulder to see that same bird girl, you passed sometime ago, giving you a distasteful look. Almost as if saying 'shame on you'. Eventually, she disregards your existance and continues to her singing and cooking as she did before. Why exactly, she was giving you this look of scorn was beyond you really, you don't remember doing anything to offend her or anything...so why did she look so angry with you before...

Either way, it's best not to mess with some one who glares at you...especially for no reason. But then again it's up to you what you wish to do...

[ ] Stay here, maybe chat with Nitori a bit longer.
Go elsewhere (with Nitori).
[ ] Something else on your mind? (Write-in)
>> No. 7203
[x] Not exactly romantic, but you could show Nitori the salvage yard you used to play in when you were a kid; who knows what forgotten treasures you'll find?
>> No. 7225
[x] Not exactly romantic, but you could show Nitori the salvage yard you used to play in when you were a kid; who knows what forgotten treasures you'll find?
>> No. 7228
[x] Not exactly romantic, but you could show Nitori the salvage yard you used to play in when you were a kid; who knows what forgotten treasures you'll find?
>> No. 7296
[x] Not exactly romantic, but you could show Nitori the salvage yard you used to play in when you were a kid; who knows what forgotten treasures you'll find?
>> No. 7323
[X] Not exactly romantic, but you could show Nitori the salvage yard you used to play in when you were a kid; who knows what forgotten treasures you'll find?

Did we actually grow up here? I guess we did now.
>> No. 7425
File 122094293531.jpg - (510.39KB , 1280x960 , salvage yard lol.jpg ) [iqdb]
7425
>>7323
I'm just gonna roll with it, seeing as to how it's a unanimous decision now. Anywho update, nevertheless.

------


[x] Not exactly romantic, but you could show Nitori the salvage yard you used to play in when you were a kid; who knows what forgotten treasures you'll find?


Maybe it was the old man and his ramblings from before, but now you feel a bit of nostalgia coming on. You sigh as you take the finishing bite of your yakitori and begin to remember your days as a trouble making youngster; Causin trouble, skippin' school, and best of all, hanging out in the salvage yard. You can't really remember how times you've been there back then, but it was almost as if you lived there. You and your childhood friends just hanging out and well, being kids in general. Ah, those days...so peaceful, and in a war-torn wasteland no less. Now that you think of it, maybe Nitori would like to have a look see at your old sacred hang, it would at least give her a glimpse of what you used to do before you became a defacto soldier, and better still, she could even find some useful materials for her to work with down there.

With this in mind, you stray from Nitori's side, and begin looking around the area, hoping to spot the tell tale sign that indicated what path you used to take in order to find the salvage yard's location. However, being it's been almost 7 years since you actually been anywhere near that a place, you're having a pretty difficult time remembering as to which path you took back then to get to the salvage yard. You were certain it was around here somewhere though...

Nitori looks over to see you're now interested in a small alley, inspecting it from wall to wall in an anxious manner. Needless to say, this behavoir is enough to rouse the kappa's curiosity (as well as concearn for your mental well being). "What's up?" Nitori asked as she finishes the last of her Yakitori.

"I'm looking for the path that leads to my secret hangout." You answer as if it were the most obvious answer there is. Which, in a sense, it actually was. But, to someone like Nitori, this response was just as cryptic as your actions were. You pause for a couple seconds and look back to see Nitori giving you a 'Wut?' look.

Looks like some explanations are in order. "You see, when I was a kid, I used to hang out in this salvage yard not too far from the city..." You explain, as you peer into another alleyway looking to the side to see a small drawing on the side of the left wall, it's hard to make out, but you're certain this was the same drawing you put here 7 years ago.

"A salvage yard?" Nitori, now more than a little interested now that she's heard 'salvage yard', follows behind you as you're now starting to squeeze into the alleyway "Since when did this place have a salvage yard?"

"I dunno, I guess it's always been here, seeing as to I found it when I was like 10 years old" This passage is a tighter squeeze than you last remembered it to be, but then again you were like, 10 when you last visited the ol' scrap yard so it was only natural that you have a hard time fitting in the crevice. Nitori, being naturally slender, doesn't seem to have much trouble squeezing through. "Hey, do you think we'll find some rare treasure or something when we get there?" Nitori asks in an excited tone with you laughing a bit "Maybe so, who knows?"

The initial journey to your destination is shorter than you expected, despite traversing through a long alleyway, and cutting through several abandoned houses. Before you realize it, you find yourself staring into a vacant area, only the vacancy below is filled with scrap metal and junk. "Huh. Looks like we're here already..." You say, catching sight of Nitori who has now caught up to you. With a smile you step aisde to let the kappa take in the view of your sacred hangout. "Well, here we are, my hangout"

Below is an immense crater (which is technically, a sink hole) that is practically filled with scrapped vehicles, machinery and other technological junk that was either leftover from previous battles or has already been there for god knows how long, there is also a trace of buildings inside as well, this being due to them falling inside when the crater grew wider in size due to erosion. Beyond the other side of the junk filled crater is a desolate building that looks to be collapsing on itself. You've never really been over there before, so it's a real mystery as to what's really in there, but if you can take a guess, there shouldn't be anything in there of real value.

"It's alot smaller than I remember, guess it really has been a long time since then..." You sigh humbly, before turning to Nitori, smiling a little. "But, nevertheless, I just thought I'd show you this place, who knows maybe we'll find somethin that's worth salvaging"

Nitori looks around her mouth slightly agape at to what is laid out before her. To others this was a junkyard, a place where machines go when they're worthless, and of no use to the one who uses them. But to mechanics like Nitori, this was a land of plenty, a haven for engineering, with this scrapyard the possiblities for machines and parts was practically boundless. "Is there a way to get down there?" She asks swiftly, the excitement pretty obvious in her tone of voice.

"Uhm, We could try that over there." You point to a fallen building that has toppled over horizantilly into the scrap yard below posing as a makeshift stairway to the junkyard below the steep inclines surrounding it. You don't remember it being there before, but then again a long time has passed since you last came here, so it was possible that it fell in due to the ground eroding away from underneath it. "Great! C'mon let's get going!" Nitori chimes in happily, as she trots off in the direction of the collapsed structure. Seeing her so excited about this place, reminds you of how a child would act if they were in something of a candy shop. After imagining something along the lines of what Nitori would do in a metallic candy, you try to follow behind the kappa who's already gone from sight...

Upon finally reach the ground, the first thing you come to notice is how wrong you were when you said everything was smaller. Looking up you gaze upon The many piles of scrapmetal and old vehicles piled high on top of one another, looming above you like crags of twisted metal and rusted parts. But wait? Where'd Nitori get off too? You look around but there doesn't seem to be any sign of her nearby. You curse quietly to yourself, knowing if you didn't waste time thinking about something as retarded as metal candy (why were you thinking about that anyways?) you probably wouldn't have lost sight of her.

Either way...

[ ] She'll be okay on her own. In the meantime, you'll go explore the area elsewhere.
[ ] You should go searching for her. This place is still pretty dangerous to be wandering around in...
>> No. 7427
[X] You should go searching for her. This place is still pretty dangerous to be wandering around in...

She's probably fine, but better safe than sorry.
>> No. 7448
[x] You should go searching for her. Not that this place is dangerous to be wandering around in, but you should let her know where you'll be.
[x] Check out the abandoned building.
>> No. 7504
[X] You should go searching for her. This place is still pretty dangerous to be wandering around in...
>> No. 7513
[X] You should go searching for her. This place is still pretty dangerous to be wandering around in...

Kappa searchin gaems
>> No. 7525
File 122107633579.png - (28.53KB , 304x224 , Bull-chan encounter.png ) [iqdb]
7525
Small Update. I need to speed this up, so the 1st 3 votes (unchallenged of course) will win from now on.

-------------

[x] Go searching for her. This place is still pretty dangerous...

You really should have kept up with her, some escort you turned out to be. Never the less you feel it's only right to seek out Nitori, event though something in the back of your mind says she'll, more than likely, be okay. However, there's the decision of which way you should go to start. To your left the path goes on for a while then snakes it's way behind a stack of old cars, while the path to your right seems to go on for quite a while before hitting what seems to be a dead end.

Instinctivly ruling out the right path, you venture down the left cutting across some fallen debris and peering down the path a little more, still no sign of her. This could take a while, seeing as to how large this area truly is, so you opt to cut out the middle man and resort to calling out to her. "Nitori!" You shout walking about looking from left to right just in case she was nearby. "You around here!"

No answer.

At this point, you grow a little more concearned now. She surely would've heard you, being you doubt she could have gotten too far away from you. As you continue through the path you eventually come into a small 'clearing' where, having some vehicles laying around, either on their side or in some other position that proved no one really cared about them anymore. Walking in a bit further you catch sight of a tank sitting near a small metal shack of sorts. The tank itself is as large as it is wide and seems, being somewhat low to the ground and having a wide set of treds as well. It's also seems to be partially cameoflauged, why it's not fully cameoflauged is beyond you. This vehicle was known as the Type 3: Bull-chan. The Bull-chan was a model mostly designed for combat in rugged, mountainous terrain (it's low clearance and wide tracks proof of this), as well as easy movement across such terrain. Unlike the Di-Cokka, whoes turret couldn't rotate due to it's sheer mass, the Bull-chan was equipped with a fully rotatable turret, which made for some much needed freedom in terms of firing and returning fire.

Perhaps, Nitori climbed inside, possibly to get a look at it's interior, only one way to find out though. You climb atop the turret ring and open the hatch to see if Nitori might've gotten in. You throughly examine the interior, but, you don't see any sign of the kappa you're searching for.

Letting out a dejected sigh, you pull yourself out from the tank and jump back to the ground to continue your search elsewhere. But before you do so, you soon notice there was something rather odd about the Bull-chan you just got out of. You turn back toward it and notice that this vehicle was still in good condition, although there are several dents and such on the chasis but otherwise it looks to be in good shape, While the other vehicles around the area were relatively old, falling apart or completely dismantled.

You put your finger to your chin as your mind slowly pulls away from Nitori for a while to address this sudden issue. Something that looks this good shouldn't belong in a salvage yard...but then again, all things don't need to be old and rusty, in order for them to break down and cease to function.

[ ] Screw it, Nitori's more important.
[ ] Check and see if it's working.
>> No. 7526
[ ] Check and see if it's working.
>> No. 7530
[x] Check and see if it's working.

Let's make this the best date Nitori's ever had.
>> No. 7553
[+] Screw it, Nitori's more important.
>> No. 7554
[x] See if you can quickly start it up. Chances are, she'd be attracted to the noise.
>> No. 7562
[X] See if you can quickly start it up. Chances are, she'd be attracted to the noise.
[X] If that doesn't work, shout out, "Hey, Nitori! Found a Bull-chan over here, almost new!"
>> No. 7682
[X] See if you can quickly start it up. Chances are, she'd be attracted to the noise.
[X] If that doesn't work, shout out, "Hey, Nitori! Found a Bull-chan over here, almost new!"
>> No. 7684
>>7554 here.

Just adding

[X] If that doesn't work, shout out, "Hey, Nitori! Found a Bull-chan over here, almost new!"

as well.
>> No. 7685
[X] See if you can quickly start it up. Chances are, she'd be attracted to the noise.
[X] If that doesn't work, shout out, "Hey, Nitori! Found a Bull-chan over here, almost new!"
>> No. 7689
votes have been called. and:
[X] See if you can quickly start it up. Chances are, she'd be attracted to the noise.
[X] If that doesn't work, shout out, "Hey, Nitori! Found a Bull-chan over here, almost new!" wins. So I'll try to write (and hopefully post) when I get back from college.

Also if my trip isn't right, I apologize, I should really try and remember it better...
>> No. 7739
File 122128459751.jpg - (99.49KB , 810x880 , 1204844794479.jpg ) [iqdb]
7739
Late Update is late. However I will say that I'm completely free today, so as soon as I wake up, I'll be ready to write more.

----------

[x] See if you can quickly start it up. Chances are, she'd be attracted to the noise.
[x] If that doesn't work, shout out, "Hey, Nitori! Found a Bull-chan over here, almost new!"

Hmm, this tank could make your search for Nitori a bit easier. Although it's a gamble you think that if you can actually get this monster going Nitori might be drawn to the sound of a running engine. You climb back up the chasis and jump into the still open hatch, landing square in the drivers seat. Looking around, you notice that it's quite roomy inside the Bull-chan, enough to hold at least 3 to 4 people tops. Most vehicles were pretty compact, and only really held enough space for one person or maybe 2 depending on the vehicle being drivem. Maybe once you get Nitori you could bring this back to the city for keeps...provided you could navigate back there of course, you never were a very good tank driver. "Alright where's that ignition..." You feel around a bit the only light to guide coming from the still open hatch from above you, it takes a while but you eventually find the switches to the controls of the Bull-chan, squinting your eyes you flip the switch that you think was to start it up and await results. It's silent at 1st and remains as such for a good 5 minutes the the metal beast suddenly let's out a few coughs and sputters before finally coming to life with a mighty roar of the engine. "Haha Bitchin' it works!"

Now for the 2nd phase of your plan. You pull yourself from the vehicle's interior and look around to see if maybe Nitori might have come out yet. Still no sign of her yet. But, things like this take time, so you give your plan a minute or two to come into full effect of attracting Nitori to the area.

Still no good.

You sink back into the Bull-chan and switch it off for a moment to gather your thoughts for a moment. If that plan didn't work then what will? Well, there is another option; you could call out to Nitori like before, only this time add in that you've found this Bull-chan here. But, even if you do try, there's really no garuntee that she'd hear you, being you fear she might've gotten far away by now, so this plan is just a big a gamble as the last one was. But be it a gamble or not it's worth a shot. Besides, you can't think of anything else at the moment anyways. So, with your mind set on your new plan of action you pull yourself from the inside of the Bull-chan and come to sit on the turret ring of the tank. You take in a breath and cup both your hands around your mouth so the sound of your voice can be amplified to a louder extent. "Hey, Nitori! Found a Bull-chan over here, almost new!!" You wait a while and listen as carefully as you can for any sign that Nitori would respond.

...And you get nothing...

Defeated, and out of ideas you sigh in frustration and throw your hands up in a 'I give up' manner, . That was pretty much you're last resort and the best idea you've had thus far, with that out of the window you were now stuck with no ideas and no kappa. This really wasn't turning out good for you. "Great NOW what do I do..." You ask yourself knowing you're pretty much a dry well as far as more 'bright ideas' are concerned. Oh well might as well wander around and hope you run into her...

However, as you're about ready to get off the tank, you hear something in the distance. Halting your desent you look back and listen. It sounds as if someone was running toward you, from which direction your not sure of. But, waiting for it a while longer the person running towards your location turns out to be the very one you were about to leave behind, Nitori. You sigh a bit, relieved that she was at least in one piece, but another part of you also wanted to tell her off for getting ahead of herself like that...but you figured that it was to be expected of her to get excited about this place. After all she is an engineer.

"You called me?" She asks a little out of breath from running to the area.

"Oh yeah, I found this here" You answer gesturing to the idle Bull-chan behind you. "a fairly new Type 3, just thought you'd wanna check it out."

"Oh, I've heard of these. They're the type that was designed for combat in the mountains right?" Nitori asked with you nodding in response to her inquiry. "If we could get this back to the garage I could easily modify that old Metal Slug with the parts from this one" Nitori says as she starts inspecting the combat vehicle. "Maybe add these tracks so it can travel through rough terrain easier, and this cameoflauge could go make for some good coverage, although it needs a bit of work. But I'm sure I can pull something together"

"So you're going to make a custom tank out of the SV-001?" You ask moving a bit closer to Nitori's location. "Didn't think you could customize EVERYTHING about a vehicle..."

"Of course you can, with the right tools and parts any vehicle you can modify just about any vehicle." Nitori says, matter of factly "In fact, the Sand Simon I worked on is technically a custom job, being I upgraded it's engine to improve it's output, and 12.6mm Vulcans just so you don't have to use the main gun all the time for offense." Nitori further explained as she was now going into the Bull-chan to explore it's interior.

"Huh. I noticed the guns on it before, but I didn't know the Sand Simon had an upgraded engine too"

"Oh believe me it does. Sand Simons are slighty faster than Di-Cokkas are, but they are still slow in comparison to other tanks and vehicles. The difference in the original and my custom is that mine takes less time to reach top speed that the others do" Nitori looks back as she noticed a key detail in your question earlier "Didn't you drive it? The difference would have been pretty obvious if you were in the driver's seat"

"Not really, I tend to hoof it when I'm in combat." You answer bluntly "Besides, I kinda suck when it comes to driving tanks and stuff" You laugh to yourself, poking fun at your own technological ignorance, to which Nitori also giggles to. "Maybe I could teach you what I know sometime, I may not always be in those battles with you but I can show you how to drive a tank no problem"

"Heh, I'll keep that in mind" You give her a smile, before remembering something you were meaning to ask her way before you met up with her. "By the way where'd you go off to earlier? You ran off so fast I couldn't keep up with you and I ended up losin ya"

"Oh, sorry about that. I guess, I got a little excited back there and didn't know I lost you" Nitori replied quietly, a bit embarrased at her rash actions earlier. "But as for where I went; I was passing by a little ways further and I found all these other tanks parked around, I was about to check and see if any of them were working, but I heard you call me, so I left and came here"

"More tanks, huh? Any idea what kind any of them are?"

"Well...I'm not sure but they look very similar to Di-Cokka's and Girida O's, only they don't have the usual designs or paint color as any normal model of their type would" Nitori explained before she turns and points the the path she came from earlier "They're right down there. So if you want to go see them for yourself I can take you to them"

[ ] Go check it out, something doesn't sound right about this.
[ ] Decline, ask her if you can do something else (Write in what you want to do).
>> No. 7740
[X] Go check it out, in the Bull-chan.
[X] Get a start on those technological lessons by asking her about the Type 3's specs along the way.

So long as it works, right?
>> No. 7744
[X] Go check it out, in the Bull-chan.
[X] Get a start on those technological lessons by asking her about the Type 3's specs along the way.

Someone building a private army back here?
>> No. 7769
[X] Go check it out, in the Bull-chan.
[X] Get a start on those technological lessons by asking her about the Type 3's specs along the way.
>> No. 7841
File 122142258670.jpg - (54.63KB , 640x480 , 039.jpg ) [iqdb]
7841
This is what happens when I force myself to write...I really need to get on the ball if I plan to make this CYOA prosper in any way. Updates no less, I'll sleep to pass the time, givin you a chance to vote and I'll be back later. Hopefully I plan for my update to be alot less crappier than this one.

--------

[X] Go check it out, in the Bull-chan.
[X] Get a start on those technological lessons by asking her about the Type 3's specs along the way.

Hm, this sounds interesting. Tanks that don't match the normal color of their normal models; these could be newer variants, but still if that's the case then they shouldn't be here in a junkyard. In fact you soon notice that those tanks Nitori mentioned are in the same scenerio as the Bull-chan; new but yet stashed away in a junk yard. Although, you know this could more likely be a coincidence you can't help but wonder about it further, and of course the only way to learn more about something is investigate it.

"Yeah, we should probably go check'em out" You declare as you adjust the Heavy Machine Gun holstered around your shoulder. You take a glance back at the Bull-chan and realize that since it's full fuctional you could probably take it along with you. Although, you do feel a bit bad for whoever left it here, Type 3's are hard to come by these days. But either way you slice it, you found it which means it's fair game to take it. So, with your mind made up on the situation, you hoist your self atop the tank and prepare to get inside.

Nitori looks back to see your actions and promptly questions them. "We're taking the Type 3 with us?"

You look back and nod "Yeah, I figured since it's working why not see what it can do and what not"

"That makes sense" Nitori shrugged and then realized what you were doing is a bit contradictory to what you had said about yourself earlier on. "Hey wait, I thought you said you stank at driving?"

"Yeah...I do." You reply in a flat tone of voice "But, I guess this'll count as practice wouldn't you think?"

"Yeah, I suppose you're right" Nitori smiles and she follows you inside the hulken tank. When she drops inside she starts to look around a bit more. She really seems to like this thing, maybe when all of this is done you could haul it back to the garage for her.

You take your seat behind the controls of the Bull-chan and start it back up with the tank comes to life just as smoothly (and loudly) as it did before. You take a deep calming breath as you ready yourself to drive this monster, the only thing you've driven that was even close to this was a Jeep...and come to think of it, that's not even close at all. Not in the slightest. "Alright hang on, this might get a little rough" You say to your passenger who complies by .

Just as you warned earlier, you do indeed start off a rough; Running into the wall of junk ahead and almost mowing down the small metal shack that was located beside where the Bull-chan was set before is just a few things that occur when you begin driving. But, thanks to the Type 3's slow acceleration you were able to balance yourself out and get things leveled enough so you could drive down the path you wanted to travel down.

With things going smoothly for now, the ride goes quiet save for the low rumblings the tank itself made as it thundered slowly down the ruined path of the salvage yard. Hm, Maybe now is a good time to get a jump start on some tech knowledge, it'll not only make the ride less flat and boring but will also give you a good idea of what to do with the Type 3 incase something happens. "Hey Nitori, do ya think you could give me a run down on the Type 3's specs right quick?"

"Sure, what do you want to know?"

"Eh, anything that's important is fine" You didn't want to sound blunt or anything but you were driving and thus your eyes and attention were glued to the road ahead, but you opted to pay some attention to what Nitori had to say. It could very much come in handy later on down the road in case you have to drive this again.

Nitori nods and begins to explain the Specifications for the Type 3. You pay very close attention to what she has to say despite watching the front monitor like it was displaying a really good porno, in fact on some occasions you had to reassure Nitori that you were actually listening to her by saying as such. As the kappa continues, you learn that the Type 3 is in fact very similar to it's predecessor; the Di-Cokka. Having the same engine, power output, but it only differed in it's wibth which Nitori explained was useful being, in combat, the Type 3 needed; a Commander, a Gunner a Driver and a Loader. If they were not 4 soldiers avaliable to take charge of the vehicle then no less than 3 people could operate this vehicle in combat being any less and it's combative capabilities could become slower. So in a nutshell the Bull-chan required some cooperation from others in order to make it highly effective in battle.

You later ask her about how to use it for combat, she answers by explaining that the Type 3 came with a small machine gun for the gunner, but unlike the SV-001 it only had one sub-weapon (where as the Di-Cokka had none), which left the Commander without any weapons unless he brought his own, the same could be said for the loader as well.

Before long, you soon find that you've arrived at the destination you wanted to reach. Well, that was informative...a bit confusing at times, but informative none the less. Although, you could've told Nitori to lighten up on the techno terms, but you didn't want to mess up her flow by having her dumb things down for you. You and Nitori disembark out of the driver's hatch of the tank and you find yourself in a clearing much like the one before, only this one is way larger than the other. It doesn't take long before you find that what Nitori told you about this area was indeed true; There were several tanks (you count about 8) parked in an organized fashion, with on beside the other and a second row repeating the pattern. The Type 3 being here was midly understandable but all these vehicles in one spot is just off the wall.

"And you say all of these were here when you found them?" You ask Nitori who nods and walks over to what looks to be a blue colored Girida.

"Yep, they were all exactly like this when I found them" Nitori pulls herself onto the Girida's turret ring and opens the hatch to start it, she looks up to you as if saying 'Should I?' and you nod to give her the go ahead. She ducks inside and switches the Giridi on. The tank starts up without a hitch and seems to run smoothly as well.

"Well there ya go..." Nitori says "If this one works then there's no doubt the others do too"

"Maybe, but we should check'em just in case." You interject as you near another Girida to see if it too is working properly. However, as you do so you hear a faint sound coming from the distance to the east. Looking in that direction, there's another path leading down that way. Eventually the sound becomes loud enough for you to confirm that they are footsteps...and they're headed for your position.

Nitori looks down to you from her position atop another Girida and notices how distracted you are from the task "You alright down there?" she asks with you holding up a hand.

"Someone's coming..." You say silently getting your Heavy Machine Gun ready just in case these guys proved to be hostile.

[ ] Flee. This is too risky.
[ ] Stay your ground. Fight if you have to.
>> No. 7844
{X} Stay your ground. Fight if you have to.

We have tanks, what's the worst that could happen~
>> No. 7887
Assuming the machine gun subweapon is coaxial:

[x] Signal to Nitori to get back in the Bull-chan. Have her operate the vehicle's subweapon, while you take the hatch with your Heavy Machine Gun. Stand your ground.

If they're enemies, this is too large a force to ignore, and too large an asset to abandon. If they're not enemies, we can ask them to explain who they are, from cover.

Since it's almost certainly foot soldiers, we'd do better if we bring both our anti-personnel weapons to bear, instead of potentially allowing them to enter their vehicles.
>> No. 7891
[+] Stay your ground. Fight if you have to.
This could prove interesting.
>> No. 7955
[x] Signal to Nitori to get back in the Bull-chan. Have her operate the vehicle's subweapon, while you take the hatch with your Heavy Machine Gun. Stand your ground.
>> No. 7960
[x] Signal to Nitori to get back in the Bull-chan. Have her operate the vehicle's subweapon, while you take the hatch with your Heavy Machine Gun. Stand your ground.
>> No. 8091
'[x] Signal to Nitori to get back in the Bull-chan. Have her operate the vehicle's subweapon, while you take the hatch with your Heavy Machine Gun. Stand your ground.'

Wins. Writing now. Some action just may very well turn this CYOA around...
>> No. 8126
File 122160358862.jpg - (44.80KB , 640x480 , 038.jpg ) [iqdb]
8126
[x] Signal to Nitori to get back in the Bull-chan. Have her operate the vehicle's subweapon, while you take the hatch with your Heavy Machine Gun. Stand your ground.

You can't run, you'd leave behind the Bull-chan which you knew they'd suspect was out of place and come after you anyways. So the only option (or at least in your mind) is to stand your ground, If they were enemies you couldn't let them get the 1st move in, if that were to happen it would surely result in something far worse than being discovered. However, when you glance back at the Bull-chan behind you, it is then you realize you have with you a crucial advantage against the coming foot soldiers.

You look to Nitori and silently gesture toward the Bull-chan, telling her to get inside. She nods in compliance and hops down from the Girida taking refuge in the Bull-chan while you follow behind her. "Those guys that're coming..." Nitori begins as she takes to her position in the Bull-chan. "Are they enemies?"

"I'm not sure yet, but we're not gonna take any chances" You reply as you look back to make sure they weren't already upon you. You can tell by Nitori's tone that she was a little nervous of whoever's coming around the bend. Hell you were a bit antsy with this too. But, so long as you stay in cover you should be fine, at least you hoped you would. "Do you know how to handle a gun?" You sask to Nitori which was a good question actually being you've never actually seen her use one. "Yeah, I've messed with a few before I came here" She says with a nod. "Okay, do you think you can use the Bull-chan's subweapon?" You say with Nitori nodding "Sure no problem" And with everything in place, Nitori gets to the controls of the sub weapon. "And what about you?" She asked as she looks back to see you getting ready to make your way up to the hatch above "I'm going to take to the hatch with my Heavy Machine Gun, I dunno how many there are, but I think we can handle them if we work together" you make you way up the turret ring and jump inside the confines of the hatch pulling down the top only a little so you can spy on the coming personnel coming from the east.

Not a moment to soon, the ones whom the footsteps belong to come to light. It's a small group of men, you count about 5 of them, seemingly conversing on something not paying too much attention to the area at the moment. You notice also that they're armed as well, but they only seem to be carrying sub-machine guns while another has a standard rifle. It's a large plus for you, being none of them have any heavy duty weaponrary, which could have proved a problem had they brought any with them. Yet, despite them having firearms, they do not wear a uniform. Instead, they don casual attire, or in other words, everyday clothing. However you do notice that each of the men have a bandanna around their arm, or other part of their body, and on these bandannas is a rather odd insignia; it looks to be in the shape of a circle with a number stamped in the middle. Unfortunetly, you're too far away to tell what number it is or even if it is such a thing. If these men are indeed enemies then they're more than likely, freelance terrorists or another gang of vagabonds come to plunder the city.

As the men laugh and joke about something concerning people jumping in a lake of some sort, one of them turns to notice the Bull-chan and quickly asks his comrades about it "Hey, I thought one of you guys said you put that Type 3 in another spot?" He turns to the now silent group who shrug in response "Did any of you move it or somethin, cuz' I don't remember touching that thing"

"Well, I drove it to this spot nearby, cuz I couldn't fit it in here, but I left it alone after that" another soldier reponds scratching the back of his head in a confused manner.

The group of men remain silent for a couple of seconds before they swiftly turn their weapons on the Bull-chan, now full aware of what was going on. "Alright! Whoever's in there, come out with your hands up!" One of them demands loudly enough for you to hear through the thick armoured plating surrounding the hatch you had taken cover in. You hesitate, a while before letting them know you were in there. "Only if YOU explain who you are and what you're doing here!"

"All you need to know is that we don't have to explain shit to you" The soldier answers in a tone of hatred. "Now get out or we'll come in and pull you out!"

(cont.)
>> No. 8127
If you needed a better sign to tell you these guys were hostile then that was it. You peer out of the hatch and notice they're following through on their words and are now coming toward the Bull-chan's side, possibly to forcfully remove you, and maybe Nitori, from the Bull-chan. You take a deep breathe to clear your thoughts (especially those of death) and decide to make your move. "Get back!" You shout as you burst from the hatch and open fire on the group below sending down a deadly rain of hot lead upon them.

Taken aback by this sudden attack, the soldiers attempt to scamble out of your range. One of them turns around and returns fire toward your position, the sound of bullets ricocheting off the Bull-chan's exterior is enough to get Nitori's attention, and she returns fire to the group taking the lot of them by surprise. A barrage of seering hot tracer rounds shred through 2 of the enemy personnel, the bodys sent back and would come to rest on their backs where they would die in the blood slowly pooling beneath them. You didn't think Nitori could handle a weapon this well, being you thought she was more in tune with fixing stuff rather than fighting, but it seems you underestimated her when it came to combat. But, now's not the time for compliments, this fight is nowhere near over.

The remaining enemies swiftly act and try to get out of the sub weapons range, but you won't give them the time of day and spray another wave of bullets to the soldiers fleeing below. Your assualt pays off as it has hit one in his shoulder and ultimately giving you a chance to finish him off by shooting him square in the chest killing him on the spot. That's 3 only 2 more to go. You look around but don't see the remaining two anywhere, which means they either took cover behind one of the tanks or they fled. You lower your body down into the hatch and continue scanning the area for the remaining enemy troops. "Did we get'em all?" Nitori asks from below. "No, there's still 2 more left but I don't-" Before you can finish your sentence you're suddenly cut off by the sound of a rifle firing, the bullet nearly hitting you in head, but came up short by hitting the top half of the hatch instead "Ah! Fuck!"

"What happend, you okay!" Nitori calls out to you. "Yeah, I'm alright. Nearly got my head taken off by a rifle shot though...God Damn that was close." You look over the hatch to see one of the soldiers atop a Girida, and he looks like he's trying to start it manually. Being Girida's are controlled by a computer and are therefore unmanned vehicles, they don't require the user to be inside to control the tank at all, instead the tanks internal processing unit does all the work. It would appear that one of them was using that attack to distract giving his buddy a chance to start a Girida, maybe 2. "Fuck that" You snarl, coming back up from the hatch and firing at the soldier on the Girida. You know you've hit your mark as you hear his screams of pain and the blood sport from his wound as he falls pitifully off the tank's side. That's 4, one more to go. Now if only you could figure out where-

"YAAAH!!"

You feel a sudden force come at you from the side and slam your back to the hatch in which you sat, you see him brandish his knife and bring it down to stab you in the face. But you act quickly and grapple his wrist stopping the sharp weapon from hitting it's mark. The knife is just inches from your forehead and the solider is giving it his all to make sure it plunges deep into your skull. "Bastard. You were using your own man as a diversion!" You choke out as you struggle to keep the knife from your face.

"All's fair in love and war..." The soldier says with a cruel smile, and absolutely no ounce of remorse in the words he just spoke.

[ ] "TASUKETE NITORI!!"
[ ] HEAVY MACHINE GUN! option.
[ ] Got somethin better? (Write in)

---------

I hope this action is up to par, if not then I need to work on that as well. Also do you all think I should add more Touhou elements to this? usually pretaining to Flying, magic and danmaku. Or should I keep to the Metal Slug and omit the danmaku and such altogether. And yes, I know I'm making this worse by asking now.
>> No. 8139
[x] Kick him in the balls, then shoot him in the face.

Make him FEEL the remorse.
>> No. 8156
>Or should I keep to the Metal Slug and omit the danmaku and such altogether.

This.

>"YAAAH!!"

>You feel a sudden force come at you from the side and slam your back to the hatch in which you sat, you see him brandish his knife and bring it down to stab you in the face.

Those guys that leap at you with a knife from off-screen? I fucking hate those guys.

[x] Drop down into the vehicle, using your free hand to pull the hatch down with you heavily, hopefully crushing his fingers and disarming him.
>> No. 8271
this guy seems legit

[x] Drop down into the vehicle, using your free hand to pull the hatch down with you heavily, hopefully crushing his fingers and disarming him.

also opens the possibility of interrogation
>> No. 8319
[x] "TASUKETE NITORI!!"

Those who treat their comrades like nothing, shall be reduced to the same. Let us demonstrate how, and why.

More seriously, this isn't the time for a fair fight. This splits the attacker's attention forcing him to deal with more firepower from more directions.

Next is a bit tricky, since I don't exactly know how everybody's arranged.

I presume the guy's close to you, since you're struggling with the knife. This leaves out using our hands for much, or straight-out kicks. I'm guessing we're either sitting or standing, so the attacker probably isn't straddling our chest, which I would have a different suggestion. And it would be useless for me to provide a blow-by-blow write-in anyway, since a fight isn't that predictable. It's a bit too bad this didn't come in a few weeks later, since by then my self-defense class would've covered more.

So, assuming that we're standing : (Which I doubt we are, but I've wrote this much already.)
[x] Knee the fucker in some soft soft, then quickly snap your heel down to break his ankle or the top of his foot. At the same time, either wrench and twist the knife away, quickly move your head to the side and get him to stab behind you, or something like that to minimize the risk of the knife. If he's really close to you, headbutt his sternum or his face. Or, bite down on any fleshy parts that present themselves, chomp down firmly, and with your jaws still locked together twist and tear bringing your neck muscles into play. If the knife's neutralized, try jabbing your fingers into his eye, or throwing an elbow followed by raking his face with your fingers in a clawed shape. Yell, scream, stomp until Nitori yells at you to get off or until 30 seconds after the asshole stops moving.

Or, the hatch option. I really wish I had a diagram here.
>> No. 8393
[x] Knee the fucker in some soft soft, then quickly snap your heel down to break his ankle or the top of his foot. At the same time, either wrench and twist the knife away, quickly move your head to the side and get him to stab behind you, or something like that to minimize the risk of the knife. If he's really close to you, headbutt his sternum or his face. Or, bite down on any fleshy parts that present themselves, chomp down firmly, and with your jaws still locked together twist and tear bringing your neck muscles into play. If the knife's neutralized, try jabbing your fingers into his eye, or throwing an elbow followed by raking his face with your fingers in a clawed shape. Yell, scream, stomp until Nitori yells at you to get off or until 30 seconds after the asshole stops moving
>> No. 8409
[x] Drop down into the vehicle, using your free hand to pull the hatch down with you heavily, hopefully crushing his fingers and disarming him.
>> No. 8410
Huh. Voting sure is slow in this. Is my writing really that bad? Anywho while I ponder this:

"[x] Drop down into the vehicle, using your free hand to pull the hatch down with you heavily, hopefully crushing his fingers and disarming him." while the other write-in gets an honorable mention. So, writing none the less.
>> No. 8411
>>8410
>Is my writing really that bad?

In my case, I needed to think a bit on what to do.
>> No. 8414
>Is my writing really that bad?

No, but I just don't think many've played Metal Slug. This is a really niche-interest CYOA.
>> No. 8483
>>8414
Good to know. At least I can rest easy knowing there's at least some interest in it.

Anyways, writing has been delayed for a bit, but I'll surely post the update tonight.
>> No. 8520
File 122186472079.png - (2.83KB , 180x218 , Marco Knife.png ) [iqdb]
8520
[x] Drop down into the vehicle, using your free hand to pull the hatch down with you heavily, hopefully crushing his fingers and disarming him.

You need a way to disarm this guy, and fast now that you realize your arm's starting to give out. Okay what do you have to work with here...ah, a free hand that'll do perfectly, or at least you hope it will. You also notice the hatch is still up as well. There's a way out of this and you knew just how you were going to go about getting to it.

Using your lower body as your weapon for survival, you slam your knee into the terrorists' gut knocking the wind out of him, quickly taking advantage of him being temporarily stunned you grab the hatch above you using your free hand, and direct the terrorists hand . You drop down into the vehicle taking the hatch down with you with as much force as you can muster. With a loud 'SLAM!' the hatch comes down onto the terrorists' hands, the bones within them crunching and snapping from the metal weight that had been forcibly placed on top of them.

Your assaliant lets out a scream of pain as his hand is crippled by your counter attack, his knife dropping out of his palm and harmlessly falling out of his reach. Now that he was disarmed, you make your move and throw the hatch door back up, sweeping up his knife in the process. You rise up toward your opponent, quickly moving behind him and wrenching his arm behind his back in one fluid motion. Before he can let out a cry from his pain, you bring you new weapon firmly against his jugiliant. "Alright, talk!" You demand in a cold voice, hopefully intimidating him enough so he'll spill the beans on what the hell he (along with his pals) were doing here. "What is it you're doing here? Who do you work for?"

Unfortunetly, the terrorist doesn't respond in the way you had planned. "I'm...not telling you...anything..." He manages to choke out. Your expression hardens, and you quickly remind your captor the graveness of his position. "I'm going to ask you again..." You press the knife closer to his throat, the cold steel blade pressing right onto the flesh of his throat "What are you doing here and who do you work for."

But yet still he refuses, even after you gave him a second chance to comply (as well as a second chance to live). It would seem that this soldier really wants to die, doesn't he? Well, you were willing to grant him that wish if he wasn't going to cooperate...

[ ] Hold off. You can take him back to the city and quesiton him there.
[ ] Fuck it. Just kill the asshole. Knowing him he'll only weasel his way out and squeal to his allies.

-------

I was originally going have Rossinonymous (yes we're Anonymous Rossi at the moment, or at least until we reach a point where we write in a name) kill the guy, but, decided to give you all a choice in the matter. At the expense of splitting the original update in 2.
>> No. 8524
[x] Knock him out, then search him for any other suprises or things.
[x] While you're doing so, call out to Nitori. Is she okay?
[x] Provided she is, tie him up and send him back to the city.

Interrogation works alot better if you have background information to work with. Torture doesn't actually work all that well, but you can instead glean the information using mind games.
>> No. 8526
{X} Knock him out, then search him for any other suprises or things.
{X} While you're doing so, call out to Nitori. Is she okay?
{X} Provided she is, tie him up and send him back to the city.
>> No. 8539
[x] Smash his other hand in the hatch.
[x] If he still won't talk, kick him down into the tank body and sit on him; you'll interrogate him on the way back.
[x] Tell Nitori to aim the main gun at the parked Girida-Os and open fire as you load; this is too large a force to left alone in the hands of a belligerent.
>> No. 8544
>>8524 here.

Just adding
[x] Tell Nitori to aim the main gun at the parked Girida-Os and open fire as you load; this is too large a force to left alone in the hands of a belligerent.

as well.
>> No. 8548
[x] Tie him up, then take his knife and proceed to make some prairie oysters from what he has. Feed it to him, forcing him not to vomit.
>> No. 8679
[x] Knock him out, then search him for any other suprises or things.
[x] While you're doing so, call out to Nitori. Is she okay?
[x] Provided she is, tie him up and send him back to the city.

[x] Tell Nitori to aim the main gun at the parked Girida-Os and open fire as you load; this is too large a force to left alone in the hands of a belligerent.
>> No. 8713
[x] Knock him out, then search him for any other suprises or things.
[x] While you're doing so, call out to Nitori. Is she okay?
[x] Provided she is, tie him up and send him back to the city.

[x] Tell Nitori to aim the main gun at the parked Girida-Os and open fire as you load; this is too large a force to left alone in the hands of a belligere
>> No. 8720
'[x] Knock him out, then search him for any other suprises or things.
[x] While you're doing so, call out to Nitori. Is she okay?
[x] Provided she is, tie him up and send him back to the city.
+
[x] Tell Nitori to aim the main gun at the parked Girida-Os and open fire as you load; this is too large a force to left alone in the hands of a belligerent.' Wins.

However, writing an update maybe delayed to tommorrow, due to me exerting too much energy in homework.

If, for whatever reason, you want to post something here, feel free to discuss anything you wish about the CYOA.
>> No. 8722
>>8720

Hooray!
>> No. 8846
File 122215045523.jpg - (41.86KB , 800x386 , 800px-M1-A1_Abrams_Fire.jpg ) [iqdb]
8846
Late Update and WALL'D at the same time!
---------

[x] Knock him out, then search him for any other suprises or things.
[x] While you're doing so, call out to Nitori. Is she okay?
[x] Provided she is, tie him up and send him back to the city.
+
[x] Tell Nitori to aim the main gun at the parked Girida-Os and open fire as you load; this is too large a force to left alone in the hands of a belligerent.

It's obvious that he's not going to talk, even more so now that you've demanded him to do so twice in a row. "Fine have it your way then" You snarl as you take the hilt of the knife and bring it down to the back of his head, the force of your attack knocking him out cold. Letting him go is out of the question, and outwardly killing him will do you no good either, so taking him back with you to the city is as good as anything right now. Whatever the case maybe, you begin to search him to see if there's anything worth looking into or if he's got any other surprises on him. God help you, if he turns out to be a suicide bomber. As you search the terrorist, you realize Nitori was mighty quiet in the Bull-chan, so naturally you call out to her to see if everything's hunky dorry.

"Yo, Nitori"

"Yeah?" Hearing her voice nearby, you look over your shoulder to see Nitori standing beside the Bull-chan, by the way she looked it seems she was a bit spooked by what was going on atop the tank she was within, and must have gotten out to check out the commontion in the motion going on above her. "What happened up there, I kept hearing all of this noise coming from the hatch" she asked to you. "One of those guys came at me with a knife, I had to knock him out or he would've had me for dead" You answer to her as you continue your search. Hm, nothing of real noteablity on him so far, and best of all you see no wires or other explosive devices on him so that rules out him being a suicide bomber.

"So what're you up to now?" Nitori inquired, now starting to climb up to where you were to get a good look at what is was you were searching him for. "You searching him for clues or something?"

"Something like that, Just making sure he doesn't have anything else on him..." You reply "So far all he has is this knife, and his rifle is somewhere around here..." You look around for said weapon but can't seem to find it anywhere, it was likely he dropped it when he was hiding behind the Girida earlier. "But other than that, there ain't nothing on him that tells me what they're doing here" You shrug and sit back on the hatch as you sigh in exasperation, scratching the back of your head.

"Maybe this could help..." Nitori says as she pulls off a bandanna that was wrapped around the terrorists arm. You look over to the article of clothing and recognize it from earlier when you 1st saw the group of vagabons arrive in the area. "I figured since all the other guys had a bandanna with this exact same symbol, that it might be some kind of clue" She then points to the strange symbol located at it's center. It appears to be a crudely circle with the number 9 in the drawn in it's center.

"Oh yeah, I was wondering what that was..." You say in a 'Aha!' like tone as Nitori hands you the bandanna so you can take a closer look at it. You know that most bandits will wear bandanna's similar to the one you're holding, albeit in different colors and such, but the symbol in which this cloth beared was something that was totally new to you. You did know that if they were on all of the bandanna's those terrorists were wearing then it had to be some kind of insignia for a gang or group of some sort but...what could the insignia symbolize? Maybe Nitori would know. "Do you know this symbol from anywhere?"

Nitori sits for a moment and thinks then shrugs, proving that she knew just about as much as you did about the symbol...which was nothing. "Not really, this is the 1st time I've ever seen it"

"Hmm, same here..." You mutter as you stare at the cloth for a moment or two before finding it of no use as far as getting answers is concerned "Either way, we should take this guy back to the city with us. We may not know what's going on here, but I'm sure he would" You look around for something to tie him up with, but there's nothing of binding material on hand, oh well you have his bandanna you can imrpovise with that. You wrap the cloth tightly around the man's wrists so as to keep him from using his hands incase he were to awaken on the trip back to the city, hoisting him over your shoulder you carefully climb down the side of the tank with Nitori following behind. Taking a quick glance at the sky above, you see that the sky is colored in a hue of magenta and the clouds are painted a light orange from the suns light in the distance. Judging by this, It was sunset, maybe about 6 or 7 o'clock. "Looks like we're just in time to be headin home..." You imply as you head inside the Bull-chan and place your prisoner in the back of the vehicle, hopefully he won't wake up on the way back to the city. But, you did hit him pretty hard so maybe he'll stay out the whole trip.

Taking notice of Nitori not being inside, you look back over your shoulder to see her looking at the Girida O's possibly thinking of something pretaining to the idle war vehicles. "Do you think it's a good idea to just leave these out here like this?" She asks to you, her thumb aimed at the lot of them. Hm, she does prove a valid point. Leaving these things out intact could prove to be a fatal mistake in the future. So the only way to right this wrong is to destroy them. "I got an idea" You say as you rush back inside and check to see if the Bull chan had any ammo for the main gun. "An idea? Like what?" Nitori questioned following behind to see you hunched over where the shells for the main gun were placed.

"I say we get rid of those Girida's by blasting them with Bull-chan's main" You say with a grin. "You can take the main gun while I load, sound like a plan?"

"Well, it's worth a shot." Nitori nods, before pausing for a moment and soon notices she unintentionally made a pun on the situation. "Uh...no pun intended..."

With everything sorted out, the both of you take to your positions in the Bull-chan, with Nitori to the main's controls and you by the side ready to load each shell after the other was fired. You felt that maybe you should have taken to the controls but when you picked up on of the shells to the main, you soon realized that you made the right decision...these things were fuckin' heavy. "Hey do you need help with that?" Nitori asked to you seeing that you were about to pop a blood vessel.

"No...I got...it" You say in a strained tone, obviously wanting showing Nitori just how manly you were to lift such a heavy object. With some effort you manage to shove the shell into place and give Nitori the thumbs up to fire away. Nitori takes aim on the Girida closest to the Bull chan and fires onto the blast rattling the tank a little but eventually stabalizing enough for you to load in the next shot. You can hear the resulting explosion from the sitting Girida that had taken fire, followed by a thunderous clattering of metal and steel. You don't slow up on the assualt and the both of you continue the cycle of destroying the next Girida and then the next and so on and so forth.

Before you realize it, the Girida's that have been sitting before you earlier are reduced to flaming piles of twisted metal and parts. Although you were contempt of the success of this plan of yours, something in the back of you rmind told you that the reinforcements of the terrorists you just took out might have heard the explosions from the Girida O's being destroyed. With this in mind, you decide it's best to make yourself scarce and split while no one's around at the moment.

(cont.)
>> No. 8848
"So, I take it we got them all" Nitori said as she leaned back in her seat looking up at you from her position.

"Yep, all of'em are as good as totalled" You say coming back inside the vehicle, from checking the area. "So now we're gonna go on ahead and split before the others show up...somethin tells me they might come back her to check this place"

--------------

After ridding the area of the Girida-Os, you decided to take back up on driving the Bull-chan as another practice session, while Nitori kept watch of your prisoner. Although she was a bit uncertain as to if she could actually , you reassure her that she'll do okay. You tell her that if he ever starts to wake up, just bean him on the back of the head hard enough to knock him back out. Other than that the drive back to the city is pretty much uneventful save for you running over a few things and you and Nitori joking about your poor driving abilities. But even with the jokes it's still rather dull. So, you take it upon yourself to make things more eventful by breaking the ice with a little small talk.

"Hey Nitori?" You say to the kappa who looks up at you from keeping watch of the still T.KO'd terrorist. "Ya did good out there, didn't know you were THAT good with tank weaponrary"

"Heh, thanks" Nitori says modestly "But, I've worked with weapons lots of times before, so I've had alot of practice with them"

"Really now, if that's the case maybe you could tag along with me to combat sometime" You declared

"Maybe~" Nitori laughs quietly "but I think I'd be better off in a garage than in a war"

"Izzat so?" You say turning your attention back to driving. "Well, suit yourself" You were starting to near the point of where you and Nitori entered the salvage yard. Looking at the moitor you notice something that may prove to be of a hinderance to your advance "Ah Geeze..."

Hearing you say this Nitori makes her way over to where you sat to get a look at what was going on "What's the matter now?" Nitori asks with you pointing at the front monitor. What she saw the downed building which was an incline the Bull-chan could possibly climb with little to no effort, but that itself wasn't the true problem of the matter, it was the area located at the top of the slope that looked to be problematic to your advance. The entrance you took didn't look like it would be big enough for the Bull-chan to squeeze through, and even if you could fit through you remember that the alley way from before was so cramped that even on foot you almost couldn't fit so you knew a Bull chan couldn't get through.

[ ] Hoof it. You're going to have to leave the Bull-chan behind. For now anyways...
[ ] Look for another way out. If these guys could get it in here, then there was bound to be another way out.
[ ] Chance it. Try and force your way through.
[ ] Got something better? (Write-in)
>> No. 8849
[x] It ain't called the "Bull-chan" for nothing. Use the main gun to blast a hole in the wall of one of the abandoned buildings that flank the alleyway; plow on through until you get to the street outlet.
>> No. 8850
[x] It ain't called the "Bull-chan" for nothing. Use the main gun to blast a hole in the wall of one of the abandoned buildings that flank the alleyway; plow on through until you get to the street outlet.
>> No. 8861
[x] It ain't called the "Bull-chan" for nothing. Use the main gun to blast a hole in the wall of one of the abandoned buildings that flank the alleyway; plow on through until you get to the street outlet.
>> No. 8916
[x] It ain't called the "Bull-chan" for nothing. Use the main gun to blast a hole in the wall of one of the abandoned buildings that flank the alleyway; plow on through until you get to the street outlet.

If we hit anyone on our way through we can call it "collateral damage"
>> No. 8942
Interesting... although I'm curious how everybody else reacts to this. After clearing the salvage yard, stop driving for a second and have Nitori go out and warn the others while you watch over the prisoner. She comes back and watches again while you drive, other teams can go back in an investigate.
>> No. 8979
File 122231482494.png - (4.84KB , 180x140 , Negative Man.png ) [iqdb]
8979
'[x] It ain't called the "Bull-chan" for nothing. Use the main gun to blast a hole in the wall of one of the abandoned buildings that flank the alleyway; plow on through until you get to the street outlet' Wins (obviously).

You'll get your mention as well >>8942

Updates soon. Pic related to current state of mind.
>> No. 8983
>Updates soon.

Hooray!
>> No. 9132
Update
>> No. 9139
UPDATE
>> No. 9149
File 122257500996.jpg - (73.05KB , 500x374 , busted_wall.jpg ) [iqdb]
9149
[x] It ain't called the "Bull-chan" for nothing. Use the main gun to blast a hole in the wall of one of the abandoned buildings that flank the alleyway; plow on through until you get to the street outlet.

Well, there was more than one way to get by this wall, and right now only one of those ways was the right one. Of course going around it, or by passing the wall on foot weren't what you had in mind. This was a valuable asset, and you knew leaving it here for only a few minutes could come back to haunt you, now that you know there's a terrorist group brewing somewhere in this salavge yard. So the only thing you could think of now was to go straight through it. Besides this tank is called the Bull-chan, and your certain the words 'Bull' mean more than just nothing for this vehicle.

"Hey do ya think the Bull-chan can make it up this incline?"

"Sure, it's built for that kind stuff" Nitori answered "It might be a little rough getting over it though, because of the uneven ground, and then there's the wall..."

"Oh don't worry about the wall" "Cuz, we're going through it...well, I take that back, I'm going to blast a hole in the wall 1st...THEN I'm going to go through it" You get up from the drivers seat and head over to the main gun controls. Nitori however is a bit hesitant on the idea you proposed. "Are you sure that's a good idea, I mean, the blast could cause the other buildings around it to collapse onto of us"

"Nah, if anything they'll blow away from us rather than just fall down" You reply as you take aim to the wall's center to maximize the damage that would be dealt. After a breif second of readying yourself, you fire off a round from the main, and just as if someone had placed dynamite on the buildings above, the walls ahead of you explode sending rubble in all directions, and creating a gapping hole just big enough for the Bull-chan to squeeze through. You turn back to Nitori and give her a smile "See nothin to it"

"Well, that was easy" Nitori commented as she took to her seat beside the terrorist. "Guess I worried for nothing"

"Not really, with the way they were sitting on the ledge it was only natural for you to think they would fall on us..." You say "...Besides I was kinda worried about that too" Nitori blinks as she realizes just how impulsive you were being earlier "Wait...you mean, you knew there would be a chance that it would collapse on us...but you did it anyways?"

"Yeah, pretty much, but if we would have left the Bull-chan here, those goons probably would have come back and taken it." You reply as you now focus on going up through the wall now that it was out of your way. You take to the wheel again and begin up the incline and just as Nitori said earlier, it was rather bumpy getting uphill, a few times you feared the Bull-chan would capsize and go tumbling back to the salavge yard below but thankfully no such event occured. After exhaling a held breathe you turn back to Nitori to see if she and the prisoner was okay, despite being shaken a bit Nitori says she's fine. And being knocked out terrorists can't speak for themselves you assume he's okay as well.

With everyone A-Ok, you continue through the alley ways toward the street outlet. You can hear the scraping of the side tracks against the concrete walls of the buildings as the alley ways get tighter and tighter around the Bull-chan. But you were determined to get through. "Are we going to make it?" Nitori says as she tries to yell over top the loud scraping sounds aganst the Bull-chan's exterior. "Yeah, we're gonna make it" You reply to her as you push forward, the wide tracks now tearing across the walls to the alleyway. Eventually, you finally manage to bust through to the street outlet from wence you came earlier today, the walls to both of the (thankfully abandoned) buildings on both sides of you collapsing. You get up from the wheel and hop out of the Bull chan to see if anyone was out, besides the half dimmed street lights, the night sparrows yakitori stand (which proved to be the only one open at this time being she was still awaiting customers), and the occasional homeless guy, there didn't seem to be anyone out and about. "Hey Nitori, can I ask you for a favor real quick?"

"You sure have been asking me for alot of favors today" Nitori jokingly comments, which was true had it not been for her you would have probably been in deeper crap than you are now. "Yeah, I noticed. I'll pay ya back for'em later" You reply with a slight laugh.

She gives you a 'sure you will' look and gets up to stretch her limbs "But yeah, I'll do it, what do ya need?"

"Could you go see if you can warn the others in the city about what's going on in the salvage yard? That way once we get there all we have to do is hold this guy here until he caves and gives us some info on his gang" You explain as you get back in the tank "If you see some guys with weapons like mine, then you should tell the news to them. Odds are they help Keine protect the city like I do, if you can't find anyone you should go see if Keine's still awake and tell her, if she is."

"Will do" Nitori nods and hops out of the Bull-chan to go inform the others about what was going down, but before she leaves she looks to the terrorist "But what about him"

"Don't worry, If he wakes up and tries something stupid, I'll knock him out again" You say as you motion for her to get going.

Nitori nods and quickly leaves the confines of the Bull-chan to complete the task at hand. You let out a sigh and turn back toward the terrorist who was still out cold. All of this was so troublesome, it would seem you couldn't take a kappa on an outting without running into a gang of terrorists. The state of the world really sucks now. Although you often told yourself to never worry yourself with the way the world is now after the Gensokyo Army's collapse but now it would seem it's getting harder to ignore now. If terrorists can set up shop in a junkyard that's located right behind where you live then that's proof enough that something's got to change...but even so, what could you, a 2-bit soldier, do to change things.

"Come in, Squad 1. What's your status? Over."

You freeze as static suddenly begins to crackle in the spacious vehicle. Looking back you notice that the radio is going. The voice it seems is coming from a helmet that was designed for crew of the tank to wear when operating the machine. Huh. you never realised it was still on or if it even worked. But seeing as to how someone was calling out from it, this proves both of your assumptions to be false.

"I repeat. Come in Squad 1. What's your status? Over."

Could this be the higher ups of those terrorists calling them back? If so you could cut out the middle man and gouge the person on the radio for answers. But if you're going to respond, you have to play it cool though, you can't make yourself sound suspicious...

[ ] Respond.
[ ] Don't Respond.
[ ] 'What's that? *fasle static* I can't hear you *fasle static* you're breaking up!' Option.

if you chose to respond then...
-[ ] (Write in what you wanna say)
>> No. 9152
[x] Respond.
-[x] Sigh. Try to sound bored. "Roger, Dispatch. Squad 1 here. Status nominal. Over."
>> No. 9156
[x] Respond.
-[x] Sigh. Try to sound bored. "Roger, Dispatch. Squad 1 here. Status nominal. Over."

Bandwagon. Stay cool.
>> No. 9166
[x] Respond.
-[x] Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here...now...thank you. How are you?

Okay, but seriously :

-[x] Sigh. Try to sound bored. "Roger, Dispatch. Squad 1 here. Status nominal. Over."
>> No. 9173
>>9166

I see what you did there.
>> No. 9239
Writing as soon as I get home.
>> No. 9241
>>9239

Hooray!
>> No. 9261
>>9239

Are you home yet?
>> No. 9273
File 122274031211.jpg - (61.51KB , 640x480 , vvc1099.jpg ) [iqdb]
9273
[x] Respond.
-[x] Sigh. Try to sound bored. "Roger, Dispatch. Squad 1 here. Status nominal. Over."

Well then, you knew whoever they were would grow suspicious if you didn't say anything so it looks like your in for some impersonating. You take to the helmet, take a deep breath and sigh, trying to play off that you were waiting on them, if they weren't already. "Roger, Dispatch. Squad 1 here. Status nominal. Over."

"Are all of the tanks in order? Over."

Tanks?. Could they mean the group of Girida-Os you and Nitori just destroyed some time ago? If they did then you couldn't just say 'Oh no they got blown to hell by some guy and his kappa friend', you had to lie...or at least that's what you wanted to do in this situation. "Roger that, everything is in order on our end. We're just waiting for further instructions. Over." You reply in a tone of false boredom.

"What are you waiting for? Just report back to base so we can make the final preperations. Over."

Final preperations huh? Well it looks like whoevers behind this is planning something big, why not ask a little more into it, feign a little amnesia to make it seem like your memory on these 'final preperations' were fuzzy. But as you're about to do so, you hear something atop the Bull-chan's hatch. It sounded like...something was moving or scrambling about on top of the vehicle. You pause and take off the headset to see if you can hear it alot more clearly, but it's no good. Whatever that was just now, was gone. Weird.

"You still there? Over."

Your attention is snapped back to the headset as you realize it was still on and you left the radio guy hanging. "Huh? Oh yeah, I just got distracted by something. Over"

"Well, get your ass in gear and head back to base. The Boss is planning to make her moves at dawn so we can't fuck this up. Over."

"Roger, Willco. Over" And with that you turn off the headset and let out another sigh. Whew. That was a bit easier than you thought, but it still didn't give you too much information on what was going on in the salavge yard. But, at least you know now that whoever was in there needed the Girida-Os, which were destroyed, and the Bull-chan which you had in your possession. And you were certain that these 'final preperations' were more than likely an attack of somesort but you can't say for certain. However, you do know that whatever it was is going to be short handed now, being the vehicles needed won't exactly be coming to them. With that out of the way you look outside to see if Nitori was on her way, but she's nowhere to be seen just yet.

Oh well, Keine's school is abit further away from here and you doubt anyone was up now so it was natural if her errand would take longer than expected. But still what was that earlier...you were certain there was no one around here. You get out and walk to the front of the Bull-chan to see if anyone was nearby. No one was there. You look around again but all you see is empty streets and the night sparrow who was with in her yakitori stand. Now that you think of it...why was she out so late? You can't think of anyone who would even want to be out this late and still expect to have business. But then again, she was a NIGHT sparrow, so that had to imply toward something.

[ ] Question her, this seems suspicious.
[ ] Don't Question her, she seems innocent.

Other options
-[ ] Wait for Nitori to comeback, watch that fuckin' terrorist.
-[ ] Go after Nitori in the Bull-chan.
- [ ] Order something from the Night Sparrow *shrug* she looks like she could use the company

--------

Alot shorter than I wanted it to be, but this should be enough until the next update which I'm confident will be alot longer than this.
>> No. 9275
[x] Examine the outside of the tank; make sure whoever it was didn't place a bomb on it or anything.
[x] Question her, this seems suspicious.
-[x] Drag your captive out of the tank with you; explain that your "friend" had too much to drink.
-[x] Order something from the Night Sparrow *shrug* she looks like she could use the company.
-[x] Show her the ⑨ armband. Ask if she's seen it before.
>> No. 9281
[x] Examine the outside of the tank; make sure whoever it was didn't place a bomb on it or anything.
[x] Question her, this seems suspicious.
-[x] Drag your captive out of the tank with you; explain that your "friend" had too much to drink.
-[x] Order something from the Night Sparrow *shrug* she looks like she could use the company.
-[x] Show her the ⑨ armband. Ask if she's seen it before.

Mystia has to be in league with the ⑨ squad.
>> No. 9303
[x] Examine the outside of the tank; make sure whoever it was didn't place a bomb on it or anything.
[x] Question her, this seems suspicious.
-[x] Drag your captive out of the tank with you; explain that your "friend" had too much to drink.
-[x] Order something from the Night Sparrow *shrug* she looks like she could use the company.
-[x] Show her the ⑨ armband. Ask if she's seen it before.
>> No. 9357
Writing/Update later today.
>> No. 9361
>>9357
hooray!
>> No. 9365
File 122289398722.png - (470.74KB , 800x600 , 1da17c95f799da99b37f06f5793a04e5.png ) [iqdb]
9365
[x] Examine the outside of the tank; make sure whoever it was didn't place a bomb on it or anything.
+
[x] Question her, this seems suspicious.
-[x] Drag your captive out of the tank with you; explain that your "friend" had too much to drink.
-[x] Order something from the Night Sparrow *shrug* she looks like she could use the company.
-[x] Show her the ⑨ armband. Ask if she's seen it before.

First thing's first, before you do anything else, it's best that you check out the outside of the Bull-chan, just make sure that whatever was fuckin around on the hatch earlier, didn't plant any nasty little surprises like, bombs or anything like that. The first place you look is the hatch itself, being that was where the sound originated from. Climbing atop the Bull-chan you check around the turret and then into the hatch itself. No bombs here. Now onto the other areas, like the back, sliding down you inspect the rear of the vehicle, including the treads and the underside as well. Nothing there either.

Well, you're in the clear as far as booby traps are concerned, now there was the fact of that night sparrow not to far off that was awfully close to your location when the incident occured. You couldn't quite place it, but ever since you saw her earlier today, something really seemed off about her, like she wasn't really here for the business at all. Being one to follow your instincts, you intend to get the low down on who she really is and if she has any info on this group you're about to encounter. You round the corner of the Bull-chan and get back in you're going to need you're prisoner for this part, if she did prove to be hostile you can use him as a hostage. You didn't like doing that, but if it meant you'd be able to save the city in the long run then so be it.

"...Wha?...Where am I?" He's waking up? Oh damn that isn't good. He looks over and squints his eyes as his vision starts to clear up "Hey...You're..you're that-!" Acting quickly, you karate chop him in the back of the head just hard enough to knock him back into a state of unconsciousness. Breathing a sigh of relief you grab him by the arm and drag him out of the tank, and position him so that it appears that you're helping him along. With this, you won't seem outwardly suspicious to the night sparrow if she were to think you had a hostage.

Unting the bandanna on his wrist you trudge along the nigh darkened streets toward the night sparrows yakitori stand, the girl in question turning her head and instantly taking notice of you. "Welcome customers~" She greets to you in a sing song tone you remember from before. "What can I get for you~" You look to what she has to offer and notice that her selections include grilled lamprey not bird, which would make sense. You can't think of a bird girl cooking her own kind. "Just some of that is fine" You reply pointing to an already cooked lamprey on a skewer.

"What about you're friend~" the night sparrow asked as she tilted her head to get a good look at the KO'd man on your shoulder. "Hmm, he doesn't look to well~"

"He...had a little too much to drink" You say with a false chuckle to further the effect of your facade "A wild night on the town you see, and I'm looking after him until he's sober again. You know, just to make sure he'll be alright"

"Ah, I get it. It's awfully nice of you to look after him, things have been pretty dangerous around here lately~" The night sparrow replied. Hmph, she should know. She could be the cause of said danger, if you had anything to say about it. And as a matter of fact you did, but you had to ease into it the interrogation. Shooting off questions would only offend her, if she were in fact a civilian, or arouse her intent to attack if she was an enemy. "You from around here?" You ask to her, as she hands you your order of grilled lamprey. You really weren't looking forward to eating this...

"Oh no, I've only arrived here just recently with a group of friends~" She answers "We've...had it rough for a couple days but we're doing okay now"

"Good to hear that you're doing better for yourself"

Not.

"What about you, I don't I've seen you around before~" That was a lie and you knew it, you remember her giving you a glare back when you and Nitori ordered the grilled bird this afternoon. You promptly (but discreetly) comfront her about her lie. "Oh? I remember seeing you, like this afternoon, you gave me a really weird look after I ordered some yakitori for me and my kappa friend"

The night sparrow's expression changes from it's cheerful exterior to that of one that of a frown. "Did I? I'm sorry, I tend to dislike it when others eat birds~" She says in an apologetic tone and bows a little to show it "Which is why I sell lamprey instead of the usual bird, I cannot harm my own kind even if others wish for me to~"

"It's okay, I would understand that much" You reply before looking to the lamprey and giving it a small nibble. Yuck...it tasted like a wet sock. But, you tough it out and take a big chuck out of it and quickly swallow it to move on to your next objective. You hold up the bandanna you obtained from the terrorist and show the night sparrow the cloth. "This Bandanna, do you know anything about it, like what it symbolizes, what gang it belongs to."

Upon seeing this, the night sparrow seems to freeze in time. Her face is as blank as a wall of white paint and you're sure that her eyes don't blink while she's in this still position. She remains in this silent state for a good 3 minutes before answering your question in the same melodious tone as before. "I'm afraid I don't know anything about it, I'm sorry~"

You don't buy it. For some reason you don't trust her words no matter how high picthed and musical they were, and you were intent on dragging the truth out of her, if it so called for such an action. "Are you positive you don't know anything?" You say still holding the bandanna toward her. "The entire city could depend on your answer" That was bound to work, putting a little pressure on her could coax the answer out as well. But, it proves to be a lost cause.

"I'm positive. I've never seen i before in my life~"

You knew she was hiding something, her mannerisms were screaming it to you. How stiff she was, how she hesitated for each answer, and how her wings were flapping about, like that of a bird wanting to fly away. "I'm going to ask you once more, are you sure you don't-"

"I said I don't know!" She replied swiftly in an angry tone. The both of you sit in silence for a few minutes before she reponds once more in a slightly distressed tone, the melody in her voice a bit shaky and out of kilter "Now, please leave. You're making me uncomfortable..."

[ ] Leave her alone. Maybe you were wrong about her...
[ ] Stay put. Make this bird sing like a canary!

--------

forgot my name and trip the 1st time through...
>> No. 9377
[x] "Is that so~?"
[x] "Well that's a shame. I guess I'll have to take my friend elsewhere. Like you said, it's been pretty dangerous around here lately; it would be awful if one of us, or maybe two of us, were to be found dead tomorrow morning, like say in that alleyway over there—face down in a puddle."
[x] Unless she stops you, head toward said alleyway with your captive; you won't follow through, but if it takes firing your sidearm in the air to make her think you did, you'll do it.

sparrow intimidatan gaems
>> No. 9400
[x] "Is that so~?"
[x] "Well that's a shame. I guess I'll have to take my friend elsewhere. Like you said, it's been pretty dangerous around here lately; it would be awful if one of us, or maybe two of us, were to be found dead tomorrow morning, like say in that alleyway over there—face down in a puddle."
[x] Unless she stops you, head toward said alleyway with your captive; you won't follow through, but if it takes firing your sidearm in the air to make her think you did, you'll do it.
>> No. 9415
[x] "How about this? Let's play pretend."
[x] Start flipping a coin. Flip. Flip. Flip.
[x] Points to a house. "Tails. The daughter dies, body turned into a body mist by a shell. Heads. The mother lives, sans an arm and deaf in one ear.
[x] Flip. Flip. Flip.
[x] Point to another house. "Heads. The old man survives, almost crushed by the remains of his house. Tails. He's trapped for over a week while he gets to watch rats nibble away at what used to be his wife. He survives, but his lungs don't work as well anymore."
[x] Flip. Flip. Flip.
[x] "Heads. You survive unharmed, even your stand is intact. You lucky girl, you."
[x] "Tails, burns to death in a fire. Tails, bleeds to death from a shrapnel wounds. Heads, survives after amputating both legs."
[x] "Heads, the boy survives unharmed. You give him your last lamprey just as you are about to leave the city. Once you are out of earshot, his former playmates will ambush him out of desperation. In the ensuing scuffle, both his eyes will be gouged out. Fortunately, you'll still be able to start all over again."
[x] Flip. Flip. Flip.
[x] Gently put the coin in her hand, folding her hand shut. "Thanks for playing. Have a nice night."

I know, it's a bit melodramatic and cheesy. Let me have my fun too.
>> No. 9416
>>9415

oh ho ho, why not just make our own luck?

[x] "How about this? Let's play pretend."
[x] Start flipping a coin. Flip. Flip. Flip.
[x] Points to a house. "Tails. The daughter dies, body turned into a body mist by a shell. Heads. The mother lives, sans an arm and deaf in one ear.
[x] Flip. Flip. Flip.
[x] Point to another house. "Heads. The old man survives, almost crushed by the remains of his house. Tails. He's trapped for over a week while he gets to watch rats nibble away at what used to be his wife. He survives, but his lungs don't work as well anymore."
[x] Flip. Flip. Flip.
[x] "Heads. You survive unharmed, even your stand is intact. You lucky girl, you."
[x] "Tails, burns to death in a fire. Tails, bleeds to death from a shrapnel wounds. Heads, survives after amputating both legs."
[x] "Heads, the boy survives unharmed. You give him your last lamprey just as you are about to leave the city. Once you are out of earshot, his former playmates will ambush him out of desperation. In the ensuing scuffle, both his eyes will be gouged out. Fortunately, you'll still be able to start all over again."
[x] Flip. Flip. Flip.
[x] Gently put the coin in her hand, folding her hand shut. "Thanks for playing. Have a nice night."
>> No. 9477
[x] "Is that so~?"
[x] "Well that's a shame. I guess I'll have to take my friend elsewhere. Like you said, it's been pretty dangerous around here lately; it would be awful if one of us, or maybe two of us, were to be found dead tomorrow morning, like say in that alleyway over there—face down in a puddle."
[x] Unless she stops you, head toward said alleyway with your captive; you won't follow through, but if it takes firing your sidearm in the air to make her think you did, you'll do it.
>> No. 9498
'Mystia intimadtan tactics' wins. >>9415 will get a mention as well.

Writing/Update shall appear whenever I get this college bullshit out of the way.
>> No. 9691
File 122326787277.png - (245.51KB , 312x397 , coins n shit.png ) [iqdb]
9691
[x] "Is that so~?"
[x] "Well that's a shame. I guess I'll have to take my friend elsewhere. Like you said, it's been pretty dangerous around here lately; it would be awful if one of us, or maybe two of us, were to be found dead tomorrow morning, like say in that alleyway over there—face down in a puddle."
[x] Unless she stops you, head toward said alleyway with your captive; you won't follow through, but if it takes firing your sidearm in the air to make her think you did, you'll do it.
+
[x] "How about this? Let's play pretend."
[x] Start flipping a coin. Flip. Flip. Flip.
[x] Points to a house. "Tails. The daughter dies, body turned into a body mist by a shell. Heads. The mother lives, sans an arm and deaf in one ear.
[x] Flip. Flip. Flip.
[x] Point to another house. "Heads. The old man survives, almost crushed by the remains of his house. Tails. He's trapped for over a week while he gets to watch rats nibble away at what used to be his wife. He survives, but his lungs don't work as well anymore."
[x] Flip. Flip. Flip.
[x] "Heads. You survive unharmed, even your stand is intact. You lucky girl, you."
[x] "Tails, burns to death in a fire. Tails, bleeds to death from a shrapnel wounds. Heads, survives after amputating both legs."
[x] "Heads, the boy survives unharmed. You give him your last lamprey just as you are about to leave the city. Once you are out of earshot, his former playmates will ambush him out of desperation. In the ensuing scuffle, both his eyes will be gouged out. Fortunately, you'll still be able to start all over again."
[x] Flip. Flip. Flip.
[x] Gently put the coin in her hand, folding her hand shut. "Thanks for playing. Have a nice night."


Uncomfortable? Since when do backstabbers have the need to feel uncomfortable? But still, you were convinced that this bird was no more good than the terrorist you had straddling your shoulder. And with that in your mind you were not about to walk away from someone who could prove to be a liability in the future. "Is that so~" You mused as you started to mock the night sparrows sing song like tone she used earlier. "Well that's a shame. I guess I'll have to take my friend elsewhere. Like you said it's been pretty dangerous around here lately; it would be awful if one of us, or maybe two of us were to be found dead tomorrow morning, like say in that alleyway over there—face down in a puddle."

"Is that supposed to be a threat!” The night sparrow says with a mixture of anger and fear in her voice. It would appear that the night sparrow didn't know what you said to her was either a threat on her life, or something else. You assumed she took it as a threat. You turn back to her and decide to do something a little different, both to clear up what you meant and to hopefully give the final push needed to extract the hidden truth from this dodgy sparrow. Practically dropping your "friend" to the side, you dig in your pocket and pull out one of the coins you received as change from the yakitori you purchased earlier. "How about this? Let's play pretend."

"Pretend?" The bird questions.

You simply nod and start this little game of pretend by flipping the coin into the air and then catching it within your grasp. As you hold it in your closed hand, you point to a house in the distance. "Tails. The daughter dies, body turned into a body mist by a shell. Heads. The mother lives, sans an arm and deaf in one ear." You open your closed hand to reveal that the coin fell on Tails. "Oh...tough luck for the daughter...why do they die so young..." You say in a saddened tone before moving on by flipping once more and repeating what you did earlier, only this time around you point to another home that was a bit closer to where you and the night sparrow stood. "Heads. The old man survives, almost crushed by the remains of his house. Tails. He's trapped for over a week while he gets to watch rats nibble away at what used to be his wife. He survives, but his lungs don't work as well anymore."

You open your hand to reveal that the coin has landed on it's Heads side this time "Ah, it looks like the old man will live that's good" You smile and get ready to give the coin yet another flip, that is before the night sparrow stops you with a few words of her own "Why are you doing this? I told you to leave me alone! -" You hold up your hand to silence her, and to let her know you're not quite done yet. "I'm not trying to harm you, Miss. This is all but pretending so no harm can come from pretending" The night sparrow doesn't respond and seems to begrudgingly allow you to continue your game. While she's silent you proceed to flip the coin "Heads. You survive unharmed, even your stand is intact. You lucky girl, you." You catch the coin once more and pause "Or Tails, you burn to death in a fire." Opening your hand reveals it to be Heads again "Ah, seems luck is on your side tonight miss, but you're not the only one in this city so I'll move on..." You comment before giving the coin a flip once more. "Tails, a woman bleeds to death from shrapnel wounds. Heads, she survives after amputating both legs." The verdict this time? Tails.

"Okay last one for the night" You announce as you give the coin one last. "Heads, the boy survives unharmed. You give him your last lamprey just as you are about to leave the city. Once you are out of earshot, his former playmates will ambush him out of desperation. In the ensuing scuffle, both his eyes will be gouged out. Fortunately, you'll still be able to start all over again."
>> No. 9692
"What about Tails?" The sparrow asks in a hesitant tone, sounds like she's a bit afraid of what your answer would be.

"You mean you don't see the pattern yet?" You reply in a state of false shock as you catch the coin within your hand. "Anyways, you're about to find out" Opening your hand it appears to be Heads. "Yet another youngin' falls victim to these harsh times..." You say in a 'tsk tsk' like manner. With your game finished you gently place the coin into her hand and close it shut for her. Looking into her eyes you give her a smile and wave as you pick up your 'friend' "Thanks for playing. Have a nice night" You turn and walk away, leaving nothing but silence behind and a growing feeling of guilt in the sparrow. You didn't want to resort to such a tactic but you needed the answers. Just as you're about to enter the alleyway you pointed to earlier, you hear a familiar voice cry out to you. "Okay! Okay!" You turn around and see the night sparrow looking to you with a tearful glare. "You want to know so bad! Fine! I'll tell you..."

Just as planned. She caved sooner than you thought, you knew the night sparrow wasn't one to keep secrets, all birds aren't meant for that sort of thing it's in their nature to use their voices. Why else would the phrase 'Sing like a canary' be referring to someone confessing the truth? Turning around you acknowledge her to spill her guts (not meant to be taken literally) by walking closer to her location and giving her a nod. She hesitates at first but eventually goes through with her end of things. "I...was sent here as a spy from the Terrorist group called the 'Nine Syndicate'. My task was to stay within the city for a while and sneak around to gather Intel on your city's military force. Once I have enough I would send it back to my Boss." "So far, I've already given her the data and they're stationed in the salvage yard due south of the city. I suspect that by early tomorrow morning, my group will attack the city."

"Why are you doing this? I know you have a good reason for doing all this shit, it's sounds like your group put a lot of effort into this plan of yours"

"The attack itself was more of a rouse to distract the bulk of the forces, I would be the one to carry out the true objective of the plan which is to kidnap Heida no Akyu."

Heida no Akyu? You've never heard of her before. Well, you do remember Keine speaking of a young girl who had access to vast amounts of data on different weapons and such, being her father was in charge of a weapons factory somewhere out yonder. But, you didn't think that such a person lived her. Or even that she was a target for terrorists. But whoever this Akyu was, if her being in the hands of terrorists seemed like a big no no then it was obvious that you would do anything in your power to prevent them from getting their mits on her. "Are there others like you sneaking around in the city?" You ask to her. She shakes her head, signifying that she was the only one in the city. That was a relief, at least now you knew you only had one to deal with instead of 5 or maybe 10. "Good. Now then, if you cooperate and give yourself up, I may not have to kill you" You emphasis your point by motioning to your Heavy Machine Gun still slung over your shoulder.

"Kill me?..." The night sparrow lowers her head and begins to chuckle as she slowly lumbers from behind her yakitori stand. Once she's in plain view, it is then you spy the razor sharpened nails on her finger tips, each one nearly 3 inches in length and a ominous color of purple. You were dead certain that with those nails, this sparrow was capable of ripping and tearing flesh off of a man’s body with relative ease. Damn, if you would have known she would have the natural handicap you might not have pressured her earlier. "Since you already know our plans, I'm afraid I cannot let you leave this place alive, or in one piece for that matter~"

She hums a little tune as she steps closer to you, not wanting to have anything to do with those talons of hers, you instinctively step back. "Of all the humans you mentioned in that game of 'pretend' earlier, it looks like that you forgot to mention what death would befall YOU in that game~"


[ ] Shoot first. Ask questions later.
[ ] Restrain the sparrow and put a submission hold on her.
[ ] Use your "friend" as a meat sheild.
[ ] Take cover in the Bull-chan. Make her back down by showing her that you had the clear advantage here.
[ ] Gotta better idea, Hotshot? (Write-in)
>> No. 9701
[x] Use your "friend" as a meat shield and a hostage; start backing your way towards the Bull-chan.
[x] Tell her that you already blew-up the eight Girida-Os and killed the squad stationed in the salvage yard; their plan has failed, and now you're just buying time for the reinforcements to arrive.
>> No. 9706
[x] Use your "friend" as a meat shield and a hostage; start backing your way towards the Bull-chan.
[x] "Heads, I manage to get a shot off on you and you fall." "Tails, your nails puncture my heart, which means you'll still have blood on your hands when THEY (nod to one side) take you into custody."

We're not lying, we're just playing pretend right?
>> No. 9728
[x] Use your "friend" as a meat shield and a hostage; start backing your way towards the Bull-chan.
[x] "Heads, I manage to get a shot off on you and you fall." "Tails, your nails puncture my heart, which means you'll still have blood on your hands when THEY (nod to one side) take you into custody."
>> No. 9769
[+] "How's about we figure that out, Bangkok-rules?"
[+] Hold up a coin. "Nobody moves until this coin hits the ground."
[+] Toss coin.
[+] Shoot her before the coin hits the ground.
[+] "Draw."
>> No. 9863
[x] Use your "friend" as a meat shield and a hostage; start backing your way towards the Bull-chan.
[x] "Heads, I manage to get a shot off on you and you fall." "Tails, your nails puncture my heart, which means you'll still have blood on your hands when THEY (nod to one side) take you into custody."
>> No. 9881
(to those who still actually care) I'll get to writing/updating when I get home.
>> No. 9884
>>9881

hooray!
>> No. 9954
File 122353098294.jpg - (391.97KB , 1053x1500 , 1205085725125.jpg ) [iqdb]
9954
[x] Use your "friend" as a meat shield and a hostage; start backing your way towards the Bull-chan.
[x] "Heads, I manage to get a shot off on you and you fall." "Tails, your nails puncture my heart, which means you'll still have blood on your hands when THEY (nod to one side) take you into custody."

Way to flip the script, now you were the one uncomfortable, hell that's practically in understatement now that you realize that your life is at stake. But whether you're about to die or not, you weren't about to let this sparrow get out of here at least not with a clean conscious. You've seen how she reacted to that game earlier; this girl despite being a terrorist had doubts about her line of work. Something a rouge should never have within them, especially when they're about to carry out a thoroughly planned out mission such as the one she was on right now. Of course you also notice you have a vital trump card lazing in front of the yakitori stand.

In a swift movement you swipe up the terrorist and hold him in front of you using him not only as a shield but also as a hostage. You back away from the night sparrow and cautiously start backing your way to the Bull-chan, you knew she couldn't penetrate steel with those nails of hers so if she did attack you had a shelter to jump into and take cover in... You just hoped Nitori didn't get back while you were inside, if anything you knew the sparrow would attempt to kill Nitori and you didn't want that. You've already seen too many innocent civilians die before you as it is...

You needed to stall her, at least until Nitori returned which should be any minute now. Ah, yes maybe you could use that game of pretend earlier? That should surely buy you some much-needed time. With one arm wrapped tightly around the terrorists neck you dig in your pocket and whip out yet another coin and flash before the night sparrow. "You said I forgot to mention my fate? Well, then I think now’s a good time to do so" You say as you give her a cold look.

"Heads, I manage to get a shot off on and you...and you fall." You pause for a moment the sparrow now also in a still position. "Tails, your nails puncture my heart, which means you'll still have blood on your hands when THEY" You nod to your right side "Take you into custody" The sparrow stops for a moment and remains still as she begins to soak in this information. However instead of being met with an expression of fear and surprise you see her smile "I'll just kill you and flee the scene then~" She continues to move closer to you "Besides, my group will be more than happy to give me support~"

Okay...that didn't work...Now what? Well there was one way, but you doubt you would be fast enough, oh well, you can't say you lived a dull life. Throwing logic to the curb you grab your heavy machine gun and point it to the night sparrow instantaneously open firing to her position. The sparrow acts quickly to your assault managing to duck to the right just enough so the bullets graze her arm. Damn she's fast!

Recovering from her dodge she then lunges forward her left arm reeled back as it's ready to tear your throat right from your body. Right, you had a meat shield. Putting the terrorist in front of you give him a forceful shove forward and send the body into the sparrows, throwing her off and sending her to her back. . You jam your gun to her forehead and she has her claws just inches from your face.

"If I pull the trigger, you'll be without a face"

"As will you~"

This was a stand off, a game of chicken, who would be the one to carry out judgment on the other? Was it going to be you, or the sparrow? However, you forget one minor detail about this current situation. "Unfortunately for you, I have a free hand~" The sparrow mused as she thrust her free arm forward the only thing you can even fathom at this second is a curse under your breathe for being so careless. Time seems to slow down to a near halt and all becomes silent as you can only hear what seems to be the last beat of your pulsating heart and the final gasps of your shaky breathe.

(cont.)
>> No. 9955
BLAM!

You're suddenly awakened from your stupor by a gunshot from behind you, looking forward you see your opponent on the ground again with a bloody arm. Did you shot her? No, you were too busy watching your life flash before your eyes. You turn around and you see a serious looking Keine along with 3 other soldiers by her side. Nitori looks to have just arrived as well, being you can see that she's running up to the area. It looks like back up has arrived for you, and at a perfect time no less. It looks like you have yet another favor you owe to Nitori. "Surrender now or you will be shot again!" Keine demanded to the night sparrow that raised from off the ground her face contorted in a mixture of pain and burning rage. She then shot you a spiteful glare as she realizes what you were really up to just now. "You were only trying to buy time with that bogus game of yours weren't you?"

To be honest, you were only playing that game just because, you were fucking with her conscious so, and you could get more Intel on her group. But since she said it, why not go along with that. "Yeah, you could say that" You answer to her in a cool tone still a bit shaken by the fact that you almost died just now.

Keine steps forward and further addresses the sparrow but this time it seems to be about her gang, the Nine Syndicate. "As I speak our forces are fighting against your 'Nine Syndicate' gang, so I suggest you be reasonable and give yourself up" Keine states to the night sparrow who only gives the history teacher a smug grin in response "So? We have Girida-Os, there's no way your ground forces could stand up to 8 armored units!"

"I wouldn't be so sure" Nitori quipped with a smirk. "We blew those up a while ago, so your guys are pretty much tank-less"

"And besides we have this too" You add in as she pat the exterior of the Bull-chan.

The night sparrow looks ahead and then notices the Type 3 sitting in front of her, plain as day. At this point she soon began to see the hopelessness of the situation and now only resorted to frantically looking around. Eventually, she can't take standing in this area any longer and with a piercing screech of frustration she darted to the right at a break neck speed and disappeared into the darkness of the alleyway. "Don't let her escape!" Keine ordered the 3 troops who immediately gave chase after the fleeing bird. The streets fall silent before Keine turns to you and Nitori "I'd like to thank you two for discovering the Nine Syndicates plans, if Nitori hadn't have warned me when she did we could have very well been at their mercy the next morning."

"No problem, glad we could help" Nitori replied happily "Although if it wasn't for the fact that we went to the salvage yard we probably never would have found out about the attack"

"But the attack wasn't their true intention..." You comment with both Keine and Nitori looking to you in a perplexed manner. "Their true motive for attacking the city was to distract us what they were really after is someone named Heida no Akyu..."

Nitori tilts her head a bit and puts her finger to her chin "Akyu? Never heard of her before."

You nod in agreement to her statement "Yeah, neither have I. Although, I vaguely remember some rumors about her but I don't know anything concrete, why is that I wonder..."

"I believe I can answer that" Keine says as she clears her throat. "You see, Akyu is the child of the only known family that is of wealthy status in this city to date, the reason they are so wealthy is because they own a company that manufactures weapons and such, many rouges and bandits attack the city in order to get their hands on Akyu so the reason no one really speaks of her is to keep attacks in the city to a minimum."

"Hmm, that makes sense, maybe those bandits that attacked earlier today were really after the Akyu instead of the Sand Simon" You say with Keine nodding slowly "I would suppose so it seems like something a terrorist group would do anyways." She looks to the alley and notices the 3 soldiers are taking a bit longer to apprehend the injured sparrow and promptly voices her concerns on the matter "It's taking a bit longer than I expected for them to bring in that night sparrow..."

"Maybe they need to find her again, it was pretty dark in there" Nitori points out.

"I suppose, but still..."

[ ] Say your goodbyes and head on home. This day is done.
[ ] Stay out a little while longer.

If you choose to stay out...
-[ ] Offer to take Nitori home and leave her the Bull-chan as away to repay her for all those favors.
-[ ] Ask Keine if you can volunteer to watch over Akyu. Just in case...
- [ ] Offer to investigate the situation in the alley.
-[ ] Something else on your mind? (Write-in).
>> No. 9959
[x] "Don't worry, we'd hear gunfire if they found her, and it's not like she has a gun, so even if she did got the drop on—" Well, shit.
[x] "I'm going to sweep the alley on foot. I need both of you to get in the tank and follow me with the floodlights on. Nitori, you drive. Keine, you take the hatch and watch my back."
>> No. 9960
[x] "Don't worry, we'd hear gunfire if they found her, and it's not like she has a gun, so even if she did got the drop on—" Well, shit.
[x] "I'm going to sweep the alley on foot. I need both of you to get in the tank and follow me with the floodlights on. Nitori, you drive. Keine, you take the hatch and watch my back."
>> No. 9969
Hmmm... I wonder if we can later start the rumor that Mystia betrayed the Nine Syndicate? That Squad 1 was sold out and killed because of what they found out, and she was injured in the crossfire? Kind of a real nasty thing to do, but something to consider if we can't catch her right now.
>> No. 9971
Something, activating the radio, and gasping into it something like

"traitors... killed us all... our tanks... that bird-bitch and the-NO! *Gunshot into the radio*"

Mind, this is if we don't catch her. It of course alerts the Nines to what happened to their squad and their tanks, but Mystia or simply the fact that Squad 1 would be late coming back would do that as well. Furthermore, it would sow doubt into the Nines about Mystia's loyalty, and everyone else's since there would be at least two traitors if they believe this.
>> No. 9994
File 122359770374.png - (81.52KB , 800x327 , 800px-OODA.Boyd.svg.png ) [iqdb]
9994
Hold on, maybe I can modify it further and maybe mess up the enemies' own OODA loop.

I suppose I should actually vote too.

[x] "Don't worry, we'd hear gunfire if they found her, and it's not like she has a gun, so even if she did got the drop on—" Well, shit.
[x] "I'm going to sweep the alley on foot. I need both of you to get in the tank and follow me with the floodlights on. Nitori, you drive. Keine, you take the hatch and watch my back."
>> No. 10040
[x] "Don't worry, we'd hear gunfire if they found her, and it's not like she has a gun, so even if she did got the drop on—" Well, shit.
[x] "I'm going to sweep the alley on foot. I need both of you to get in the tank and follow me with the floodlights on. Nitori, you drive. Keine, you take the hatch and watch my back."
>> No. 10097
UPDATE
>> No. 10113
File 12237584788.jpg - (256.33KB , 520x693 , Ex Ass.jpg ) [iqdb]
10113
Updates are on the way. Have an Ex-Keine while you wait...
>> No. 10116
>>10113

hooray!
>> No. 10119
File 122376821376.jpg - (148.34KB , 950x800 , ab50297fd51b756157665d7421844ed8.jpg ) [iqdb]
10119
>>10113
>> No. 10128
File 122377495238.jpg - (27.98KB , 600x800 , Where are you Mystia~.jpg ) [iqdb]
10128
[x] "Don't worry, we'd hear gunfire if they found her, and it's not like she has a gun, so even if she did got the drop on—" Well, shit.
[x] "I'm going to sweep the alley on foot. I need both of you to get in the tank and follow me with the floodlights on. Nitori, you drive. Keine, you take the hatch and watch my back."

Keine seemed a little unsure on the matter, so you decide that it's best to reassure her that things are going to work out. "Don't worry, we'd hear gunfire if they found her, and it's not like she has a gun, so even if she did get the drop on—" You freeze mid-sentence, as you suddenly realize a rather painful truth on the matter. Not only were the soldiers at a disadvantage, being the night sparrow was more than likely nocturnal and therefore had a better time at seeing in the dark then most humans do all night, but she could also get her hands on one of their weapons if she did manage to kill one of them off. Which would only go further downhill from there if all these truths proved to be a reality. Well, shit...

"Hey, what's up?" You hear the voice of Nitori call to you "You froze in mid sentence there"

"Never mind what I said" You reply now coming up with a different motive; You were going in after them, hopefully you would be met with the sight of the night sparrow face down in a puddle and the 3 soldiers in good condition. "I'm going to sweep the alley on foot. I need both of you to get in the tank and follow me with the floodlights on. Nitori, you drive. Keine, you take the hatch and watch my back."

Upon hearing this, Nitori takes a quick glance into the alley and looks back to you, and judging by her expression she doesn't seem to thrilled about going in the dark passage, she looked to be a little frightened, which was understandable, it's not wise to go into a such an ominous area with a (possibly homicidal) night sparrow terrorist prowling the darkness. "We're going in after them?"

"Yes, that's the best option for now, if the soldiers did not catch the night sparrow then it would be up to us to continue the chase" Keine answers before picking up on Nitori's slight fear of venturing into the dark "Don't worry we're going in together, so there's no need to be scared"

"Sc-scared, I'm not scared, not in the slightest" Nitori retorted quickly trying to disprove any notions of her showing cowardice. "By the way, how are you doing on ammo so far, don't wanna get to the night sparrow and run out of ammo mid fight"

Oh right, you sure have been using your gun a lot. Taking Nitori's words into mind, you give your ammo a quick check and notice you certainly didn't have more than 100 bullets left, if anything you were close to at least 20 or so. In fact you were lucky to have that much, due to that battle early yesterday, the scuffle in the scrapyard, and that quickdraw with the night sparrow not too long ago. "I should be good for now, it shouldn't take too much of what ammo I have left to get this job done" "I have more ammo at home so when we're done here I'd probably reload there anyways"

Nitori nods and then glances over to the ⑨ Terrorist sprawled out on the street "What about him, should we just leave him out here, or take him with us?" You think for a moment before looking to your left to spy a street pole, and the 9 bandanna is still in hand. "I think I know what to do" You say with a sly smirk as you drag the terrorist to the street pole and tie both his hands to the pole using the bandanna. You were positive that the current battle in the salvage yard has aroused most of the of the minutemen in the city and thus most of them will be out patrolling the area looking for any ⑨ Terrorists that may've weaseled their way into the city. If this guy remained out long enough then a few of them will eventually pass by and apprehend him anyways.

"Okay, with that settled, is everybody ready?" You ask looking behind to the two accompanying you to see that Keine's at her designated position in the hatch, while you hear Nitori give you the 'OK' from within the Bull-chan before starting it up. So, with their confirmation you begin into the darkness of the alleyway. The Bull-chan slowly coming from behind you while it's bright lights shed illumination in the ominous corridor ahead.

You could see why Nitori was hesitant to go through her, the alley itself is just as one would expect in a city such as this: Dreary, damp and, most of all, unnervingly creepy. The poor visibility alone is enough to convince you that the soldiers wouldn't stand a chance had the night sparrow found a way to split them up and attack them individually. If you didn't know any better you were sure that night sparrow only staged her frustration so she could slip into this area, this is the perfect place for someone like that her to hideout and ambush any unsuspecting soul pursuing her. But, you trusted your eyes in the back, and you were confident Keine would spot anything you didn't see. Although you are a bit unsure if she can provide combative support if you needed it, teachers aren't really skilled on the field of battle as you've been told in the past.

Needless to say the trek through this ominous passage is uneventful so far, with the occasional garbage bin and puddle here and there, it's also dead silent save for the sound of the Bull-chan behind you. Although, there were several occasions where you or Keine heard some noises during the investigation, but most of these belonged to small animals like rats or alley cats, or some whine-o who lost his way. However, you do remember catching a glimpse of what seemed to be a black cat with two sets of tails, but it only stuck around for a split-second before disappearing into the darkness never to be seen again so, you only passed it off as a figment of your imagination. However, as you continued down this darkened path, you halt in your tracks and signal Nitori to stop the Bull-chan for a moment. Keine, nearly thrown off her balance from the abrupt stop is first to question you about this. "Hm? Why did we stop?" Soon after, Nitori also peers outside of the vehicle to see why you had her stop midway as well.

You point ahead and both their questions were answered by the sight of two other paths branching away from the main one you were travelling on, one led west while the other proceeded to lead east. You noted that both were simply too narrow for the Bull-chan to squeeze through, and since this area was also populated by the bulk of the civilians, forcing it through was out of the question. So, if you were to go in either of these directions, you would have to leave the Bull-chan behind and continue on foot, which isn't something your not used to. However, despite the choices to go in different directions, your gut tells you that you should stay on track, and keep straight. Your gut was usually right in several situations similar to this in the past, so who's to say it wouldn't be any different now?

[ ] Stay the course and keep straight, have no one leave the group.
[ ] Have both Keine and Nitori accompany you on the right passage.
[ ] Have both Keine and Nitori accompany you on the left passage.
[ ] Go it alone on the left, have Nitori and Keine go right.
[ ] Go it alone on the right, have Nitori and Keine go left.
[ ] Split up entirely and go your separate ways individually (Specify which path YOU will take).
[ ] Gotta better plan? (Write-in)
>> No. 10129
[x] Stay the course and keep straight, have no one leave the group.
>> No. 10178
[x] Stay the course and keep straight, have no one leave the group.
>> No. 10201
[X] Stay the course and keep straight, have no one leave the group.

Safety first.

>>teachers aren't really skilled on the field of battle as you've been told in the past.

Someone has not watched Saving Private Ryan it seems.
>> No. 10233
File 122395462725.gif - (7.17KB , 56x51 , Come apart.gif ) [iqdb]
10233
>>10201
Yeah, I've never seen that movie at all in it's full entirety. So...guilty as charged.
---------
[x] Stay the course and keep straight, have no one leave the group.

It's best to just keep straight and not split up, if anything the best thing to do is just that. Leaving the Bull-chan will only leave it open for the night sparrow to reclaim and wreck havoc, which you certainly didn't want, and splitting up will only make each of you more vulnerable seeing as to how neither Keine nor Nitori have any weapons on them and neither of you could see in the dark. "Ya think we should split up, and look for her?" You hear Nitori suggest from within the Bull-chan. "We might have a better chance of running into her if we go our separate ways"

"We should stay on the course we're going and stick together." You say with Keine giving credit to your proposition with her agreement. "Yes, if we keep straight we not only keep this tank but it's light source as well"

"Alright, straight ahead it is" Nitori chimed in as the Bull-chan slowly starts forward giving you the go ahead to move on as well.

Unfortunately, as you continue on the path you agreed to go on, there doesn't seem to be many other clues as to where either the soldiers or the night sparrow went, which made you feel that maybe you should have taken Nitori's advice and set out on those alternate path(s) earlier. At least by then you would have found SOMETHING that would point into the direction of what was going on so far. But, your uncertainty is put to rest when the floodlights to the Bull-chan reveal an odd trail in the distance, as you move closer you now can see that this trail is no other than; "...We got some blood down here." You announce to your allies behind you "Can't say whose it is though..." If you remember correctly, the night sparrow had been shot in the arm earlier so maybe this blood belonged to her. But, if it that were true, then it would have not only started at the very beginning of the alley way it would also have been a lot longer trail than this...All of a sudden you feel something sink in the pit of your stomach, as an ominous feeling begins to take hold of you. If this blood trail didn't belong to the sparrow then that means...

"I see something" You hear Keine call to you, interrupting your thoughts "By the garbage bin over there, there's something laying down"

Looking up, there was indeed a garbage bin a little ways ahead, and like Keine said, there was something lying to its side. You wanted this to be the sparrow but something told you it was too early to find her dead body at least not without any of the soldiers near by. Moving aside the garbage bin, you move aside some junk to unveil the mysterious object, and to your Horror, the previous suspicions you had earlier were given flesh as the object reveals itself to be one of the 3 soldiers who were sent in to capture the night sparrow. He was laying face down, a large and bloody hole in the center of his body; some of his organs ripped from their normal positions and were spilling over the hole, which had been dug into his body. You stare at this sight for a moment or two before backing away from it and returning to the light of the Bull-chan to give Keine and Nitori the news. Keine seems to pick up on your expression and knows just what this meant, however Nitori, being the one who's only means of sight were a monitor and driver optics, didn't seem to catch on to this as quickly as Keine did. "What did you find? Was it that sparrow girl?" She asks with you shake your head "No, it was one of our own...the night sparrow got to him"

You looked to Keine who doesn't say anything in response to your gaze, you were certain she was now regretting her choice of sending the soldiers into this area unprepared. And was now thinking it as her own fault that this man lost his life here. Which it was, in a sense, but it was also the most viable option seeing at that particular moment, seeing as to how the sparrow could've easily gotten away had they not pursued her. "I should have foreseen this happening..." She finally says in a regretful tone akin to her expression.

You shake your head "No, you did what came naturally of a leader, we just need to remember to pack more flashlights is all" You tried to make a little joke to help her feel a little better about her mistake, but, Keine doesn't seem to bite and remains in her silent state. Perhaps now isn't the best time for talk like this later you might have a chance to cheer her up but for now there was a bird that needed to be caged. Leaving that situation for another time you turn ahead to continue on, only to have the silence that drowned the area be broken by a series of loud gunshots. Needless to say that this aroused the lot of your attentions to the matter as, it would appear you weren't too far off from the source. "I think that's a good a clue as any for us to get movin’" You say as you do just that and rush forward. With the Bull-chan in pursuit, More gunshots echo through the night and you can hear some one saying 'Sit still' and 'Show yourself!' before another series of gunshots rang out afterwards. However, not long after the commotion abruptly dies out and then you a scream of agony comes to your ears, letting you know that someone had taken a hit. Worst of all, that scream belonged to a man.

Not wasting a moments time, you run down the remainder of the alley, the tank behind you trying it's best to match your speed on foot as you come closer to the alleys apparent end, yet each step you take only seems to lengthen your time of getting to the end. After what seems to be a painfully long amount of time, the lights to the Bull-chan come to reveal a spectacle you surely did not want to lay eyes on; A solider laying against the wall, a bleeding gash in his side, and the night sparrow looming over him, her bloodied talons raised above his head and ready to finish him off be ripping into his face. Not on your watch, she won't. "Freeze!" You shout with her snapping her gaze to you, and immediately squinting her eyes due to the blinding light of that had suddenly appeared. The sparrow's face is covered in the stains of blood from her victim(s), but it was also much more pale than you remember it to be. Looking to her side you see that she had been wounded, once by the shot to the arm and twice by another gunshot wound which seemed to be in her side. The paleness of her skin is clear evidence that she's lost a substantial amount of blood and therefore is in no condition to be doing anything rash.

Now is the perfect time to subdue her, but this was also a time to be cautious, for she is also highly unpredictable with the state that she is in. There is a long silence between the lot of you, the sparrow slowly turns around to fully face you not saying a single word but using her body to tell you that she wasn't going down without one last fight.

"Stand Down, you're in no position to be fighting now." Keine demands to the terrorist below from the hatch of the Bull-chan. "We don't have to fight if you cooperate with us, we can even agree to give you medical treatment for your injuries if you surrender"

(cont.)
>> No. 10234
File 122395529840.gif - (5.99KB , 49x48 , GYAAAH.gif ) [iqdb]
10234
The night sparrow, however, continues to remain hostile toward your intentions, assuming a battle ready position despite being against the odds. Damn this girl's persistent! Even though, she's clearly on the brink of keeling over, she still wants to fight for her group. You must admit, for a terrorist, she was very dedicated to this person she was (apparently) serving under. But still, undying dedication aside, this night sparrow has already killed your ally, and in the process, committed one sin too many tonight, you can't just let her off the hook just for something as simple as a resilient will to do the bidding of an individual with a superior authority. You hold your ground, your gun still aimed to her position showing that you were still intent on killing her if she did not submit to your terms.

"I'd listen to the school teacher if I were you" Nitori advises from within the tank "We have you both out-gunned and out-numbered"

The night sparrow still remains defiant only responding with a vile hiss. Her back was literally against the wall, there was no way out, it was either give up or be shot dead. What choice did she have at this dire moment? Well there was one more trick she had up her sleeve, and this was the perfect time to play it. In a swift motion, you thought she was too weak to pull off, she grapples the soldier behind her and whirls his weakened body in front of her, using him as a shield, and brings her blood soaked talons to his neck, now threatening you with the possible death of your comrade. "Let me go...or I'll kill him!" She demands to you. "I've did away with the other 2, and I'll do the same to him, if you don't let me through!"

"Don't be rash, what will his death bring you?" Keine shouts back, still attempting to coax her out of her intentions, more so now that the life of a human was on the line. "If you kill him, then we will surely retaliate, if you're so dedicated to this mission of yours then you should know when to give-?"

"S-shut up, you cow!" The sparrow screams, not wanting Keine to finish her sentence. "Stop trying to psyche me out with your reverse psychology, your friend over there tried it and look where it got you!" She steals a glare at you and then back to Keine. She just refused to give up, why was she so determined to go through with capturing Akyu? Was that girl really that important to the Nine Syndicate? It seemed so unorthodox to go this far just to kidnap some kid who didn't even have her 20th birthday yet. "So what's it going to be? His life or my way?"


[ ] This is getting you nowhere. Shoot her the bird she stands.
[ ] Try to get her hostage free first then attack her.
[ ] There's still a chance to persuade her to stand down.

If you choose to negotiate, then who should be the one talk to her?
-[ ] You should talk to her.
-[ ] Allow Keine to talk her out of it.
-[ ] Maybe Nitori should talk to her?

If you're going to talk, what will you say?
-[ ] (Write-in)
>> No. 10235
I wonder if we still can try making her look like a traitor with the idea eariler?
>> No. 10236
>>10235
There's always room for betrayal in a world of war~
>> No. 10237
Hmm... never did figure out a good way to throw their radio system into doubt, which would have been nice if it could've been pulled off. Screw up both their ability to gather information and send out orders? Hell yeah.

There's the possibility that it could still throw their command into doubt (Although it makes a few assumptions about how it's set up... that being said, the fact they parked almost all of their tanks together says quite a bit about how they run things - mainly that they are really, really stupid.) However, it's also a bit reliant on the fact that the guy we captured will stay captured - although I suppose we can bluff too, in order to try to force Mystia to give up and give information to protect her own hide from her former allies. Suppose it depends on how fanatic she really is.
>> No. 10264
[x] There's still a chance to persuade her to stand down.
[x] All three of you. Nitori as the good cop, you and Keine as the bad cops.
>> No. 10322
[x] There's still a chance to persuade her to stand down.
[x] "Even if we let you go, how will you escape when your in THAT condition. If you surrender, we can give you medical attention OR do you want to die here, and leave your friends behind with GUILT after they learn of your death?"
[x] If that doesn't persuade her, stall for time with talks about LOYALTY and FRIENDSHIP to confuse her until she's confuse/weak enough for you to run over, pinned her down, closing her wounds with your shirt and carry her in a bridal position to a nearby clinic/hospital *on Bull-chan for speed*
>> No. 10351
[x] There's still a chance to persuade her to stand down.
[x] "Even if we let you go, how will you escape when your in THAT condition. If you surrender, we can give you medical attention OR do you want to die here, and leave your friends behind with GUILT after they learn of your death?"
[x] If that doesn't persuade her, stall for time with talks about LOYALTY and FRIENDSHIP to confuse her until she's confuse/weak enough for you to run over, pinned her down, closing her wounds with your shirt and carry her in a bridal position to a nearby clinic/hospital *on Bull-chan for speed*
>> No. 10357
Okay, let's see if I can do this. It's probably not the best plan of action, but it's so deliciously bastard.

[x] Seems as if your organization takes traitors seriously. Speaking of which, did you know our friend had a radio on him?
[x] *cough* "Come in... anybody" *hack cough* "ambushed... eight Giridas gone." *garbled* "Sold us out... that bird bitch and -- NOOO!"
[x] So, what do you think they'll believe? A couple that just happened to go on a date on the day before the big attack to the junk yard, started up the Bull-Chan, managed to kill off an entire patrol except for one prisoner to question, destroyed their armored force, and then drove back to her stand without her noticing the giant big tank, intimiated her using a scene reminisint of that of a recent popular movie, had her cornered but then she escapes oh so heroically, killing two armed soldiers with her bare hands and managing to sweet talk her way out with the 'help' of the last one... or, that she's a traitor and that we'll 'accidently' leak to a certain tengu about how she had a courageous change of heart and if Akyu's family simply rewarded her half of what Akyu's ransom was going to be, and it was all going to one person, well that doesn't mean anything now, does it?
[x] Of course, she could try going back. Even if they don't shoot her on sight, they'll have no use for an exposed, known spy. Not without some... adjustments. (Use your free hand to make as if you were clawing and mutilating your face.)
[x] After getting her, then use the radio for real and rephrase it to implicate that there are TWO traitors, and see if you can 'warn' them of an ambush which actually doesn't exist but will when they redirect their forces. Hopefully, you can also get Mystia's enraged scream at the end to further implicate her and make it sound all that much more real.

~doot doot doot the Kansas City Shuffle~
>> No. 10360
[x] Seems as if your organization takes traitors seriously. Speaking of which, did you know our friend had a radio on him?
[x] *cough* "Come in... anybody" *hack cough* "ambushed... eight Giridas gone." *garbled* "Sold us out... that bird bitch and -- NOOO!"
[x] So, what do you think they'll believe? A couple that just happened to go on a date on the day before the big attack to the junk yard, started up the Bull-Chan, managed to kill off an entire patrol except for one prisoner to question, destroyed their armored force, and then drove back to her stand without her noticing the giant big tank, intimiated her using a scene reminisint of that of a recent popular movie, had her cornered but then she escapes oh so heroically, killing two armed soldiers with her bare hands and managing to sweet talk her way out with the 'help' of the last one... or, that she's a traitor and that we'll 'accidently' leak to a certain tengu about how she had a courageous change of heart and if Akyu's family simply rewarded her half of what Akyu's ransom was going to be, and it was all going to one person, well that doesn't mean anything now, does it?
[x] Of course, she could try going back. Even if they don't shoot her on sight, they'll have no use for an exposed, known spy. Not without some... adjustments. (Use your free hand to make as if you were clawing and mutilating your face.)
[x] After getting her, then use the radio for real and rephrase it to implicate that there are TWO traitors, and see if you can 'warn' them of an ambush which actually doesn't exist but will when they redirect their forces. Hopefully, you can also get Mystia's enraged scream at the end to further implicate her and make it sound all that much more real.
>> No. 10364
[x] Seems as if your organization takes traitors seriously. Speaking of which, did you know our friend had a radio on him?
[x] *cough* "Come in... anybody" *hack cough* "ambushed... eight Giridas gone." *garbled* "Sold us out... that bird bitch and -- NOOO!"
[x] So, what do you think they'll believe? A couple that just happened to go on a date on the day before the big attack to the junk yard, started up the Bull-Chan, managed to kill off an entire patrol except for one prisoner to question, destroyed their armored force, and then drove back to her stand without her noticing the giant big tank, intimiated her using a scene reminisint of that of a recent popular movie, had her cornered but then she escapes oh so heroically, killing two armed soldiers with her bare hands and managing to sweet talk her way out with the 'help' of the last one... or, that she's a traitor and that we'll 'accidently' leak to a certain tengu about how she had a courageous change of heart and if Akyu's family simply rewarded her half of what Akyu's ransom was going to be, and it was all going to one person, well that doesn't mean anything now, does it?
[x] Of course, she could try going back. Even if they don't shoot her on sight, they'll have no use for an exposed, known spy. Not without some... adjustments. (Use your free hand to make as if you were clawing and mutilating your face.)
[x] After getting her, then use the radio for real and rephrase it to implicate that there are TWO traitors, and see if you can 'warn' them of an ambush which actually doesn't exist but will when they redirect their forces. Hopefully, you can also get Mystia's enraged scream at the end to further implicate her and make it sound all that much more real.

Oh, this is delicious.
>> No. 10370
>>10357

I'm really not paying attention to this CYOA at all, but I just want to tell you that I love you for making that reference.
>> No. 10374
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsXXChZzfXU

Its a blindfold kick back type of a game
Callled the Kansas City Shuffle
Whereas you look left and they fall right
Into the Kansas City Shuffle
Its a they-think you-think you don't know
Type of Kansas City hustle
Where you take your time
Wait your turn
And hang them up, and out to dry

(indistinct voice)

Its a shakedown switch arrive in town
Type of Kansas City Shuffle
Gotta' make both sides and let it ride
On the Kansas City Shuffle
Now the tables turned the lessons learned
You've gotta earn yourself some trouble
Revenge like this, never sweet-
You've got yourself a long ride home
>> No. 10434
File 12242649076.gif - (10.35KB , 75x55 , Glen_ Awesome.gif ) [iqdb]
10434
>>10357
Awesome. THIS is why I keep on writing despite my un-popularity.

Speaking of which Updates when I get home
>> No. 10435
>>10434

You know, you're unpopular for a reason.
>> No. 10467
Update
>> No. 10473
File 122441660491.jpg - (295.08KB , 1020x930 , MystiAHHHHHH.jpg ) [iqdb]
10473
[x] Seems as if your organization takes traitors seriously. Speaking of which, did you know our friend had a radio on him?
[x] *cough* "Come in... anybody" *hack cough* "ambushed... eight Giridas gone." *garbled* "Sold us out... that bird bitch and -- NOOO!"
[x] So, what do you think they'll believe? A couple that just happened to go on a date on the day before the big attack to the junk yard, started up the Bull-Chan, managed to kill off an entire patrol except for one prisoner to question, destroyed their armored force, and then drove back to her stand without her noticing the giant big tank, intimiated her using a scene reminisint of that of a recent popular movie, had her cornered but then she escapes oh so heroically, killing two armed soldiers with her bare hands and managing to sweet talk her way out with the 'help' of the last one... or, that she's a traitor and that we'll 'accidently' leak to a certain tengu about how she had a courageous change of heart and if Akyu's family simply rewarded her half of what Akyu's ransom was going to be, and it was all going to one person, well that doesn't mean anything now, does it?
[x] Of course, she could try going back. Even if they don't shoot her on sight, they'll have no use for an exposed, known spy. Not without some... adjustments. (Use your free hand to make as if you were clawing and mutilating your face.)
[x] After getting her, then use the radio for real and rephrase it to implicate that there are TWO traitors, and see if you can 'warn' them of an ambush which actually doesn't exist but will when they redirect their forces. Hopefully, you can also get Mystia's enraged scream at the end to further implicate her and make it sound all that much more real.


While shooting this rather stubborn bird does seem like the only viable option at the moment, there is in fact another way to go about this. Yeah, sure it involves tossing luck out the fucking window but, this little gamble might just be what you need to put an end to this one-sided stand off. You still hang tough to show the night sparrow you mean business even though one of your comrades' life is at stake. The sparrow takes immediate notice of this and only holds her talons closer to his throat. "I'm warning you! I'll kill him if you don't let me through!"

"I know, I know but let's talk about you for a moment." You hold your hands up in defense showing you weren't going to make any sudden movements. "It seems as if your organization takes traitors very seriously. Speaking of which, did you know our friend had a radio on him?" You added before continuing on, this time putting on a distressed and helpless expression as you begin to act out a scenario that you had recently thought up "*cough* "Come in... anybody" *hack cough* "ambushed... eight Giridas gone." *garbled* "Sold us out... that bird bitch and -- NOOO!" You end your little act with your hands in the air as if shielding yourself from an aerial threat namely this bird that stood in front of you. Turing back to the sparrow you await to see what she has to say, by this point she seems to have gotten a gist of what you were implying to her. She simply smirks knowing a little more about her gang then you did, namely how much they trust her or so she believes. "Do you really believe they would fall for something like that? They don't even have any proof of ME betraying them."

She sounds confident in her resolve, which is to be expected seeing as to how loyal she is coming off to be right now. "So...what do you think they'll believe then? That a couple just happened to go on a date on the day before the big attack to the junk yard, started up the Bull-Chan, managed to kill off an entire patrol except for one prisoner to question, destroyed their armored force, and then drove back to her stand without her noticing the giant big tank, intimiated her using a scene reminisint of that of a recent popular movie, had her cornered but then she escapes oh so heroically, killing two armed soldiers with her bare hands and managing to sweet talk her way out with the 'help' of the last one... or, that she's a traitor and that we'll 'accidently' leak to a certain tengu about how she had a courageous change of heart and that Akyu's family simply rewarded her half of what their daughter's ransom was going to be, and it was all going to one person, well that doesn't mean anything now, does it?"

The sparrow frowns upon hearing you say this, but, remains silent, you assume that she's keeping her faith in that her fellow ⑨ Terrorist would still welcome her back even if she did something as underhanded as betrayal. "Of course, she COULD try going back. Even if they don't shoot her on sight, they'll have no use for an exposed, known spy. Not without some... adjustments" You say in a somewhat grim tone, as you gesture your hands making it so that it appears that you're clawing and mutilating her face. You then await her next move, hoping she would respond once again. But, she appears to not have any, for she remains the way she is, not caving, but not doing anything rash. If she wasn't going to make a move then you were. "Okay, have it your way" You falsely sigh and walk back to the Bull-chan, making it APPEAR that you were giving in to her intentions. Although, you were actually going to use this time to use the radio to make all those words you spoke of before become a reality. You open the side hatch to the Bull-chan and climb in "Hey can I see that radio for a sec, Nitori?"

"Oh this? sure go on ahead" Nitori replies as she hands you the device you were asking for "You really think that's going to work with her?" She adds with a whisper.

"I don't know for sure, but everything else has up til' this point..." You answer with a shrug and turn on the radio "*cough* Squad 1...is anyone out there...*garble*..." You await a response but, all you receive is static from the other end. Was this it? Did you plan come this far to fail here?

(cont.)
>> No. 10474
"Squad 1? Where the fuck are you guys!" Ah, success! A response from their outpost, Hm, this voice seems to be that of a woman rather than a man. You are a bit hesitant to believe that this is truly the Nine Syndicates outpost that you were aiming to contact, but, waiting a while confirms that this was indeed the Nine Syndicate "The enemy just attacked us out of nowhere! We need those Girida-Os now!"

"...*hack cough* all of the Girida-Os were destroyed...*cough*..."

There's a short pause before you can make out another response is heard "Wha- Destroyed? By who?"

"Two of them *cough*...came out of nowhere..."

"Two of who? Who attacked you?"

"...that bird bitch, she partnered up with...*cough*...one of our own and...they sold us out...and then ambushed us...didn't see it coming..."

"H-hey! What're you doing in there!" The sparrow says from afar now growing a little suspicious that you haven't left the area yet to allow her to pass.

"They were planning on...launching a surprise attack to...the outpost later...get out while you still can!!" You pull the receiver from your head, and hold it out to the sparrow, letting her know that you were indeed using the radio, just as she. The sparrow drops her hostage, her eyes fixate on the device in disbelief, before this very feeling gives way to a vengeful wrath and she lets forth an enraged (almost demonic) scream that pierces the night sky, and is just loud enough for the radio receiver to catch wind of. You pull the device back into the tank and wrap up your little facade "Ahhh! She's coming to finish the job! Hurry and get ou--NOOO!!" With that over, you turn off the radio and get ready to face a Night Sparrow scorned, but, just as you reach for your gun you hear Nitori scream to you in a horrified tone "Look out!". Craning your head, you come to see that the night sparrow had already gotten into the Bull-chan and had her talons ready to tear you apart and exact vengeance onto you for making her look like such a filthy traitor to her comrades.

Thank the heavens that Keine was on the scene, for what happens next is what you owe your life to. Keine drops from atop the tank and makes a swift and bold move to neutralize this dangerous avian terrorist. The history teacher grabs the sparrow by the waist of her dress, pulling her out of the vehicle and restraining her by gripping her by the shoulders making it so the sparrow as face to face with her. The sparrow struggles and squirms, trying to break free of Keine's hold, hissing profanities to her as she did so, before she sees Keine rear her head back. "W-what are you-!" Before she can finish Keine slams her skull into the sparrow's with incredible force, and knocking her to the ground with a low 'THUD'.

Seeing the sparrow's body hit the ground with unworldly speed, You and Nitori look out from within the tank to see the winged victim of Keine's head butt lay out on her back, a red bruise on her forehead showing where she and Keine locked horns, in a somewhat literal sense, and her eyes out of focus. Yet, despite being hit with such a powerful attack she still attempts to get up...but to no avail. With her body low on blood she just doesn't have the energy in her to keep going and her body simply calls it quits, forcing the sparrow into a state of unconsciousness.

"You...you didn't kill'er did you?..." Nitori says as her gaze shifts from the downed night sparrow to Keine and then back to the sparrow.

Keine shakes her head as she breathes a sigh of relief "No, if anything, she's probably just unconscious" She then looks toward you giving you a stern look, similar to that of a teacher that was ready to scold a student for doing something stupid. "And you. You shouldn't be so reliant on things such as that, what if the night sparrow killed the soldier OR killed you"

"Sorry, it was the best I could come up with..." You chuckle nervously, and scratch behind your head.

"Be more careful next time, you may not always end up so lucky" Keine adds in conclusion to her short lecture before turning toward the wounded soldier to address him and see if he was still among the living. "Are you still alive over there?"

"Yeah, I'm still...alive" The soldier weakly answers as you see him slowly make his way over to the Bull-chan's side holding his bloodied side. Well, at least now you know that not ALL the soldiers were dead, and you're certain Keine's also pleased to know the same thing, perhaps even more than you were. You glance over to Nitori who has here eyes still fixed on the K.O'd sparrow. "What's up?" You ask to her. "You still think she's dead?"

"No, it's not that, I know she's still alive" Nitori laughed with a small grin before getting to the question she wanted to ask you "But, I'm just wondering, should we...just leave her here? I know she's a terrorist and all that but, I don't think we should just let her die like this"

[ ] "She'll only cause more trouble if we let her live, so she has to do."
[ ] "I understand...which is why, we're taking her with us, she deserves a second chance."
[ ] "You should ask Keine about this sorta thing."
[ ] Got somethin better to say?(Write-in)
>> No. 10475
[x] "Right. The information she has is too valuable, so we're going to keep her, at least until we know she's spilled all of it. Besides, there's the off chance they'll actually believe her story if she returned."
>> No. 10476
[x] "Right. The information she has is too valuable, so we're going to keep her, at least until we know she's spilled all of it. Besides, there's the off chance they'll actually believe her story if she returned."

Okay.
>> No. 10491
[x] "Right. The information she has is too valuable, so we're going to keep her, at least until we know she's spilled all of it. Besides, there's the off chance they'll actually believe her story if she returned."
[x] If you're not driving or anything else, tie her up and clip her talons (or even break her hands, but at least do something about her nails).
[Suggestion?] (Quietly) "I really wasn't using my imagination..."
>> No. 10639
[x] "Right. The information she has is too valuable, so we're going to keep her, at least until we know she's spilled all of it. Besides, there's the off chance they'll actually believe her story if she returned."
>> No. 10687
[x] "Right. The information she has is too valuable, so we're going to keep her, at least until we know she's spilled all of it. Besides, there's the off chance they'll actually believe her story if she returned."
[x] If you're not driving or anything else, tie her up and clip her talons (or even break her hands, but at least do something about her nails).
>> No. 10741
File 122494807548.jpg - (95.52KB , 500x684 , 1224298024424.jpg ) [iqdb]
10741
Updates today or tomorrow, been rather out of it as of late.

Have a Wriggle since we're real close to meeting her as well as the other 2 Nines.
>> No. 10767
>Updates today or tomorrow, been rather out of it as of late.

COME ON BOY
>> No. 10779
File 122508407494.jpg - (108.01KB , 800x766 , 91757210_8I918K17.jpg ) [iqdb]
10779
[x] "Right. The information she has is too valuable, so we're going to keep her; at least until we know she's spilled all of it. Besides, there's the off chance they'll actually believe her story if she returned."
+
[x] If you're not driving or anything else, tie her up and clip her talons (or even break her hands, but at least do something about her nails).

"Right. The information she has is too valuable, so we're going to keep her, at least until we know she's spilled all of it." You answer to Nitori as you reach outside and pull the unconscienous sparrow into the tank, and ripping off a part of your jacket as a way to tie up her hands. "Besides there's the off chance they'll actually believe her story if she returned."

"You mean her gang, right?"

"Yeah, if it's one thing I know from these 'Nines' it's that they're really stupid." Which is true in just about every sense of your words, not a lot of people would leave their armored vehicles in the open the way they did, let alone ALL TOGETHER. But, that's also why they were so easy to fool and jerk around, had they actually been a bit more audacious in their actions rather than just trying to do something that wasn't their forte, they might've done a bit more damage. Setting the sparrow in the back of the tank you look over your shoulder and see Nitori is still fiddling with the driver controls to the Bull-chan. "Huh, you're still gonna drive?"

"Eh, I've gotten used to driving the Bull-chan now, though it is a little big for my tastes and it's a lot slower than I thought..."

"Yeah, but the slow acceleration is what makes it easy to control in my opinion. You like fast vehicles or something?"

"Yup, there's nothin' like speeding down the highway in an armored war vehicle" Nitori replies with a grin.

Meanwhile, Keine was still on the outside helping the last remaining soldier into the tank and basically making sure he would be okay until you all were able to get him some medical attention. He doesn't show much resistance until he sees the night sparrow in the Bull-chan. "Whoa whoa whoa we're actually gonna take this bitch with us?" The soldier exclaims as he begins to backs out of the Bull-chan "If you didn't noticed earlier she killed 2 of our men and she tried to off me along with them!"

"Don't worry, she's unconscious for now, she's not going to hurt anyone" Keine reassures the shaken man who reluctantly takes her word for it and gets in but seating himself near Nitori instead, and basically far away from the enemy. Keine then turns her attention to you, now that she has straightened out the solider. "If we're going to take her with us, I'd suggest doing something with her talons first" the teacher points out, as she motions to the sparrows still blood soaked talons. "If she wakes up I won't doubt that she'll use them again to get away"

"Oh! Right, how could I forget" You slap your forehead and direct your focus on the talons, you dig in your pockets to retrieve some much needed nail clippers, but all you can really fathom is your wallet, and some loose change, oh hey there's a button in here too. But, these things aren't useful for the current task; perhaps the others had such a gizmo on them. "...Any of you guys have nail clippers?" You look to Keine first to see if she has any "I have some, but their at home, sorry" With Keine ruled out, you glance to the soldier who only shrugs "Same here" Okay moving on to Nitori "Hmm, Let's see..." She starts to rummage through the pockets on her dress, she's bound to have something on her that could help, and I mean look at all those pockets. After empting her pockets of all types of gizmos BUT the kind you seek, it's now clear that Nitori doesn't have any on her either. "Well, I have a lot of tools and stuff...but no nail clippers"

"Hm...Then I'll just have to improvise then..." Placing the sparrows hands on hear the Bull-chan's side hatch you raise your hand and forcefully slam your fist on her wrists instantaneously cracking the bone out of place. If you could clip her nails, she just won't be using her hands for a while. Either way, she was disarmed for as long as her hands were broken. "A...little crude but effective..." Keine comments before making her way back onto the top hatch.

"Alright, now that all that's cleared up, where to next?" Nitori inquires to everyone

"I think we should head to the hospital, and get the both of our passengers treated" Keine states from her position up top "It's just a bit farther into the city from here, so it shouldn't be that long of a drive"

"To the hospital it is then." Nitori nods and begins to put the vehicle into reverse, seeing as the Bull-chan was just too wide to turn around all the way. Knowing that Nitori couldn't really see behind the tank itself, Keine took the initiative to watch her blind spots to make sure she didn't run into anything or anyone. Of course, as you would expect, Nitori handles this enormous battle machine like that of an expert, it would seem that the little time she's had driving it, was enough for her to learn how to drive the Bull-chan effectively despite it's size.

Before long, you reach the main street to the city, and begin forward heading to the hospital Keine mentioned before. You've only really been to the hospital once ever since it was established here, and that was after you had been wounded in a battle with a band of rouges that were led by a female ronin by the name of Meira. In the past, however, this city had only a mere clinic and even with that the medicine they had in stock was homebrew being many couldn't afford the cost of purchasing shipped medicine from Eientei. This small clinic would quickly become an inconvenience as many more attacks occurred and thus many more innocent people needed medical treatment, which the clinic just couldn't keep up with. About 2 years later, the Eientei Nation began to branch out it's highly advanced medical services to some of the neutral areas, and a few other nations as well, and began establishing pharmacies and hospitals to those who need them. Most of the staff that came with the hospital(s) and pharmacies consisted mainly of rabbit youkai, who while slightly smaller than the average human, are still competent in they're profession. However, it is the one known as Eirin Yagakoro who is the most skilled in the practice, being said as to be able to create any drug for any illness. You haven't really met her in person before being her appearances to the neutral public are quite rare. However, Mokou seems to know of her AND the nation of Eientei, in fact you were meaning to ask her what she knew of Eirin and the nation in general, but it always slipped your mind...

In fact you were surprised Mokou wasn't in the city, being when such attacks to break out she's usually right there fighting in the battle along side the many humans who were standing up to the threat. But, then again word of such events doesn’t spread as fast unless the Bunbunmaru News Team is on the case. After which the entire country of Gensokyo will know of just about every detail in only a matter of days. Perhaps, she was yet to be informed of the Nine situation? You remain silent for the most of the trip to the hospital your mind on other things as of now rather than social interaction at the moment. Glancing around, the soldier seems to have struck up a conversation with Nitori and it seemed he was asking her of the Bull-chan itself and you already know Keine's watching for anything out of the ordinary from above, so you just sit tight and await your arrival to your destination.

(cont.)
>> No. 10780
File 122508425374.jpg - (38.77KB , 700x525 , It's clinically related so....jpg ) [iqdb]
10780
After a good 15 minutes of slow riding, the Bull-chan comes to a stop signifying that you've reached the hospital as planned. You bail on out of the vehicle, carrying the sparrow inside via, bridal position, while the soldier says he'll manage on his own. Nitori and Keine said they would stay behind until you got back, being it shouldn't take but 2 minutes to admit a few people to the hospital for treatment.

"We have 2 wounded coming in over here!" You call out, now crossing the threshold of the automatic doors to the clean hospital, as you would expect you weren't the only one in her as of now, there were a couple of other soldiers who were awaiting treatment as well, it was possible that they were from the battle. Almost immediately after you announced your presence, a few rabbits rush into the lobby, with another, larger, rabbit having long purple colored hair following behind them. Though the larger one seemed a just about the same as the smaller rabbits, it was her ears that set her apart as the most different, being they had a more crumpled look to them rather than the usually fluffiness the other rabbits had, otherwise she was about the same as her smaller counterparts. "What seems to be the problem?" She asks to you as she checks the sparrow’s pulse making sure she was still alive.

"The both of them lost a lot of blood in a recent scuffle, the sparrow here is a lot worse off than the soldier though"

The rabbit nodded and turned to the grouping of rabbits before her and began to issue out the orders "We're going to need two blood transfusions! Find out what their blood types are and get some blood in their system stat!" The rabbits take to these orders in stride, taking the sparrow from your hands, and placing her on a stretcher, and wheeling her away as fast as their legs could take them. The soldier while still conscious insists he could walk there but the rabbits force him onto a stretcher as well and carry him off for treatment. The larger rabbit follows close behind before you call back to her to get her attention once more, she turns around and sees that you're giving her a look of seriousness "Whatever you do, DON'T let that bird girl out of your sights, keep her supervised at ALL times, you got that." You say to her in a grim tone, making damn well sure she didn't fuck up. You didn't nearly get yourself killed for some rabbit to screw it all up in the long run.

"Y-yes, I'll be sure to tell the staff to keep her under constant surveillance" The rabbit replied before hurrying off into the hospital. With that situation straightened out, you exit the hospital and find that Nitori and Keine were conversing with each other, you can't really tell what it was they were talking about being before you can get a good earful what it is they were talking about, they look up to see you had returned and drop their conversation to hear of what was going on so far. "Everything should be fine for now. I told the lead rabbit to keep that Nine under close surveillance so if she tries anything funny they'll know of what she's up to" You inform the two of them, an odd silence quickly following behind your statement "So...now what?"

"I dunno, I was thinking about going on home and turning in for the night." Nitori shrugs as she yawns a little "It's been a long day for me" That's understandable, the both of you have been through a lot today, even though the action you experienced was something you were used to by now, you can't say that Nitori react to this exposure to conflict it in the same manner as yourself. "What about you Keine? Got any other stuff you want to do?"

"I'm going to inform Akyu's father about the attack, if any of those 'Nines' manage to find their way in the city they could carry on with the sparrows plan themselves" Keine replied "If her father knows of this, then we'll have guards waiting for any stray terrorists who wish to kidnap Akyu"

"And what about you?" Nitori asks "You have anything you have to do?"

[ ] Stay at the hospital for a bit, make sure those rabbits don't fuck up.
[ ] Go fight some Nines, you might be able to get in some kills.
[ ] Go on ahead home, things should probably be okay in the morning.
[ ] Volunteer as a bodygaurd for Akyu.
[ ] Something else on your mind? (Write in)
>> No. 10786
[X] Stay at the hospital for a bit, make sure those rabbits don't fuck up.

We can sleep on duty watching over Mystia.

Tempted to do something Nitori-related, but none of the choices have anything and the best I can come up with is walking her home...
>> No. 10787
[X] Stay at the hospital for a bit, make sure those rabbits don't fuck up.
>> No. 10788
[x] Stay at the hospital for a bit, make sure those rabbits don't fuck up.
>> No. 10796
[X] Stay at the hospital for a bit, make sure those rabbits don't fuck up.
>> No. 10799
[ ] Stay at the hospital for a bit, make sure those rabbits don't fuck up.
>> No. 10844
File 122542537986.jpg - (14.84KB , 400x314 , Still clinically related.jpg ) [iqdb]
10844
[x] Stay at the hospital for a bit, make sure those rabbits don't fuck up.

You see that sticking around at the hospital is a better idea than anything else at the moment, you don't know how good the rabbits are when it comes to keeping terrorists under survalliance so it's best to take it into your own hands and help them in this situation, if that sparrow does attack again they'll at least have some protection in you if such an event occurs. "I think I'll hang around here for a bit" You answer to Nitori glancing back at the hospital building behind you. "Since that Nine is with them I should stick around and keep tabs on what happens, y'know just in case."

"Oh, okay..." Nitori sounds as if she was expecting another answer from you, if that the case then what else did she want you to say? There's a bit of silence between you before Nitori's movement back into the Bull-chan breaks the silence and she finishes up with a formal farewell. "Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Sure, I'll probably be here or at home, depends on if everything goes well" You answer with a grin . You look over to Keine who has once again taken up residence in the top area of the tank, she really seemed to like being on top "Are you sure you're going to be okay here, you might want to go home for a while and rest before continuing to watch that sparrow"

"No need to worry I'll be in a hospital so I'll be find if anything happens" You say to the teacher who then takes your word for it and settles back down in the Bull-chan's top hatch. "Here, do you think you could hold onto this for me?" You ask Nitori as you hold out your Heavy Machine Gun to her. "I doubt they'll let me stay if I'm armed" Nitori nods and pulls the gun inside placing it beside her where she sat "Alright, I'll seeya later" Nitori waves casually and shuts the side door to the tank and putting it into reverse to exit the main driveway of the hospital, before finally going forward back into the city ahead, leaving you at the hospital to do what you will.

When the Bull-chan's out of sight completely you turn around and re-enter the hospital's doors to notice most of the soldiers who were waiting for treatment were now gone, which could only mean that they had finally recieved what they had waited on. There are a couple of rabbits at the receptionist desk up front and they seemed fairly busy with what work they had this time of night. Their occasional chatter doesn't interest you in the least the only thing n your mind now is food, being the only meal you've had was yakitori and that grilled lamprey, you begin to feel the abdominal consequences for not eating a good meal before going up against terrorists.

Thankfully, you spy a snack machine near the entrance of the hospital, although it's not really a full course meal, it's still in your best interest to at least snag a small snack to eat until you can get yourself some breakfast in the morning (hopefully not from here, because hospital food is still horrible no matter who's making it). Making your way over to the food bearing contraption, you check your pockets to find that you have just enough for a bag of Chips you would go for a soda as well but they're $1.25.

Fuck that.

You place your change in the machine and punch in the code to get yourself some much needed sustinance only to find that the machine doesn't fully cooperate with your demands and refuses to move...anything for that matter. Did you punch in the wrong code? Impossible, you're sure you put in the right key code, what the fuck's going on here! Eventually the machine makes an attempt to give you your chips, slowly but surely the metal ring restraining the precious bag of potatoe skins slinks away from it's middle before...

...It get's stuck midway...

"Grah what the hell!" You snarl to the un-coopertive snack dispenser, normally you would patiently try to find away to right the wrongs the machine has done to you, but your hungry stomach has only made you more impatient and thus prone to rage at just about any upset, more so if the source of said upsets was a machine that was being a total dick to your demands and needs. You take matters into your own hands and proceed to shake the damnable machine in order to disloadge the food you paid for, but the chips don't budge. This only adds fuel to the fire as you now opt to use your combat boots to exact punishment on the snack machine. If only Nitori were here, she could fix this problem...

(Fucking snack machines...)
>> No. 10845
After bombarding the machine with several enraged boots and vile profanities, the stubborn gizmo FINALLY gives in to it's tormentor and drops it's hostage down to be taken. You swiftly snatch up your prize and promptly transmit your rage towards the machine that witheld your snack byt giving it an obscene gesture and walking off with your snack in hand. With that over your proceed to focus on bigger matters, and you start by heading over to the receptionist desk near the front of the hospital to get a little information.

"Hey do any of you know where I can find the room that holds the night sparrow I just brought in" You ask as you open your bag of chips and start feasting on the crisp, and cruncy snacks. The rabbits hesitate for a moment, before one of them looks through a . "Uhm, oh yeah one, Mystia Lorelei, she's in Room 12 down the hall to your right" The rabbit says as she points her petit hands in the direction you needed to go. "Alright thanks" You take your leave fom the lobby and head on down the hall all the while devouring your more than tasty snack along the way.

Being you only have to pass 10 doors to get to your destination, it doesn't really take long to reach this 'Mystia's hospital room. Nearing the doorway of the room, you see the door open up revealing the taller rabbit as she takes her exit from within it, a couple of lesser rabbits leave the room as well and head further into the hospital's corridors possibly to check on the other patients that were admitted here. The larger rabbit however stays put as she's now reading a clipboard. That is before she looks up from her reading to spy you standing a little ways away "Oh it's you again, No need to worry we did as you asked and we have her under survailliance and for good reason too..." She glances back down at her clipboard a worried expression on her face "When one of the rabbits returned with her vital information it shows that this sparrow, named Mystia Lorelei, is a wanted terrorist that's apart of a gang known as the Nine Syndicate. This very group is what's been causing some major problems in several of the neutral areas and even in some of the nations including Eientei and the Scarlet Lands"

"What do you think her punishment will be if those nations catch wind of her being here, I mean I doubt they'll take her crimes sitting down"

"I can't say for sure, being she was apprehended in this area, which is a neutral territory, and the laws of the other nations don't really apply here. So they may not have much authority as to what to do with her" The lapine doctor replied as she looks up from her reading and back to the room "If anything I guess they'll report the Nine Syndicate to Xandu Council, and the Yama will decide on what to do with them form there"

"Xandu Council?"

"Oh, you haven't heard of it?"

"Can't say that I have, but I'm guessing it's like some kind of law enforcement agency, right?"

"Yeah, you could say that" The rabbit replied before going further into her explanation "I don't know too much about it myself, but I've heard that the council was founded by the Yama known as Shikieiki and with the support of the Yakumo Army's, and the Ruler of Hakugyokuro she was able to establish a bit of order in the nuetral territories by setting up laws to each territory. But, it seems that this city, along with some others, were on of the few that have yet to come under her jurisdiction, otherwise this terrorist threat would have been dealt with already" The rabbit girl sighs as she looks back into the room for awhile before turning her gaze to you. You never noticed before but her eyes had a zany look to them they were red but there was also this weird pattern around the pupil of her eyes. It is her words to you that is able to snap you out of your blank trance. "So I assume you're the one who caught her?"

"Huh, oh yeah me and my friends manage to uncover her gang's attempt to attack the city and kidnap Akyu, I still wanna know why she was so fanatical about completing that mission though, I mean despite her lack of blood, and being out numbered and cornered she still resisted" You finish off your chips placing the empty bag in your pockey before crossing your arms and continuing on "I dunno whether to class that as unwavering dedication or unnatrually high levels of spunk..."

"It could be one of those, I don't know either" The purple haired rabbit shrugged also having no real ideas on it herself "Anywho, what is that you need?"

[ ] "I'm here to ask 'Mystia' questions. When she wakes up of course"
[ ] "To monitor her actions and make sure she doesn't try anything"
[ ] "I'm just making sure you guys didn't mess up"
[ ] "Nothing, just looking around"
[ ] (Write-in)

-------

Terribly sorry for the update lag, I hope this atones for the wait.
>> No. 10846
[ ] "To monitor her actions and make sure she doesn't try anything"
>> No. 10850
[X] "To monitor her actions and make sure she doesn't try anything"
[X] "It's one thing to have a terrorist in a hospital full of nurses and injured, and another thing to have a soldier to watch her. The latter is safer."
>> No. 10851
[x] "I'm here to ask 'Mystia' questions. When she wakes up of course"
>> No. 10852
[x] "I'm here to ask 'Mystia' questions. When she wakes up of course"
>> No. 10883
[X] "To monitor her actions and make sure she doesn't try anything"
[X] "It's one thing to have a terrorist in a hospital full of nurses and injured, and another thing to have a soldier to watch her. The latter is safer."
>> No. 10909
[x] "To monitor her actions and make sure she doesn't try anything"
[x] "It's one thing to have a terrorist in a hospital full of nurses and injured, and another thing to have a soldier to watch her. The latter is safer."
>> No. 10984
I've been hit with a couple of good ideas (at least I think so) for this, so Updates shall resume tomorrow.

And I know I'm doing this alot but; I apologize for keeping those who are reading this waiting, Please, forgive me.
>> No. 11001
File 122592761696.jpg - (185.02KB , 1280x854 , hospital%20bed.jpg ) [iqdb]
11001
[x] "To monitor her actions and make sure she doesn't try anything"
[x] "It's one thing to have a terrorist in a hospital full of nurses and injured, and another thing to have a soldier to watch her. The latter is safer."

Well no use lieing to her, you certainly weren't here to pay this 'Mystia' a friendly visit. "I'm here to monitor her actions and make sure she doesn't try anything" You answer to the rabbit "It's one thing to have a terrorist in a hospital full of nurses and injured, and another thing to have a soldier to watch her. The latter is safer" The rabbit nods to your answer and then glances back into the hospital room in which Mystia lay sleeping. "Well, she's going to be out for a while, if anything she probably won't wake up for another day or two, but that all depends on her willpower I suppose" The rabbit then redirects her attention to you "Just remember not to push her too much if she's as fanatical as you say then she won't hesitate to attack you again"

"Got it." You nod and pass her by to walk into the room, you didn't mind the fact that you had to wait, so long as you watch over her actions until all this Nine Syndicate shit blows over (which shouldn't be too long now). "Oh by the way what's your name?" You ask to the rabbit who was just about leave the area "I have to know just in case I need somethin'"

"Reisen" She replied giving you a small smile "Reisen Undonge Inaba" Huh, that was a rather interesting name. You didn't really know what "Undonge" meant but you know for certain it's a foreign word for something. "And if you need anything, you can just buzz one of the rabbits into the room and they'll help you with whatever you need to do, I'm sure there are still a couple on night shift for tonight" Reisen says to you as she bids you farewell for the night and proceeds down the hallway of the hospital.

"Alright, see you tomorrow, I guess" The hospital room is just like any other you've been in, so the only thing of noteable interest is the Blood bag hooked into the sparrow, via IV, as it refills her body with the precious crimson fluid that she needed to get back on her feet. There are a set of 3 cushiony chairs located in front of the large window of the room which displayed the city behind the glass, the light of the moon shining in through the half opened curtains casting a soft light in the room and shinging off the tiled floors. There also seems to be a small stack of magazines located by the chair on the far right, and lastly a TV is hung on the front of the room, it's not too low but it's up there aways so you'll have to reach a little to turn it on if you wish to watch whatever's on. There better be a remote in here somewhere, no one feels like getting up and pressing a TV's button(s) just to change the channel if there's an easier way to do such an action.

You close the door behind you and settle into the room by taking a seat near the window just across from where Mystia was laying, now that you were here all you had to do was play the waiting game, which to say the least can be pretty boring. Oh well, you still had your mind to keep you occupied which is currently processing the current events that have transpired so far. 1st thing that comes to your mind is the 'Xandu Council' Reisen mentioned to you, from what you understand, it was a law enforcement organization that was founded by one Sikieiki and supported by the Yakumo Army and Hakugyokuro (whatever the latter is, you can't say). It does sound odd that the Yakumo's actually support something whoes motive is to maintain justice in society rather than discard it with terrorism, being when they 1st attacked the Gensokyo Army their one true motive was to cast Reimu out and dominate the entire country, and then to the world if everything went smoothly in Gensokyo, seeing them establish something of an international police force is way more than just a surprise, it's down right weird. Perhaps the Yakumo's actually did want to change the world for the greater good...but you weren't so readily convinced, the only way you'd believe this was if General Yukari herself came here and annouced these intentions to everyone here at the city.

You let out a sigh and slouch back lazily in your seat, glancing over to the still unconcious sparrow. This was gonna be a long night, sure, boredom is what one can expect when one has to watch over a terrorist with abandonment issues, but you still had some options to keep yourself occupied, some of the options will deter Mystia from flying the coop if she is indeed tried to do so.

[ ] Read a magazine for a while.
[ ] Watch something on TV.
[ ] Well...you are in here with Mystia alone...so...(Molest)
[ ] Just go to sleep and welcome the dawn when it comes.
[ ] Something else, maybe? (Write-in)
>> No. 11002
>>11001

[x] Keep watch over her. No distractions.
>> No. 11007
[x] Watch something on TV.

I wonder what kind of shows this guy would like. He sounds like he'd be fond of Dirty Harry.
>> No. 11058
[x] Watch something on TV.

See if the media has picked up on this Nine Syndicate business.
>> No. 11060
[x] Play really violent video games.
>> No. 11066
MASTERPIECE THEATRE
>> No. 11109
[x] Watch something on TV.
>> No. 11146
Life finally stopped kicking me in the balls, and the recent run in Metal Slug 7 has rekindled my will so updates tomorrow.
>> No. 11201
File 122673017164.jpg - (30.91KB , 350x467 , DSC00114.jpg ) [iqdb]
11201
[x] Watch something on TV.

You crane your head to spy the clock on the wall and see that it's a little past midnight, you didn't have too long until the morning dawn came, but it was still a long while away considering you had to just stay up and wait for it to arrive. The magazines didn't seem all that interesting to be honest (most were just those focusing on good parenting...which didn't interest you at all seeing as to how you're not a father), so some good ol' fashion TV seems like a good option as far as keeping youself occupied is concearned, however you're well aware that whilst you watch you have to keep a close eye on Mystia.

You look around to see if you can catch sight of the remote looking to Mystia's left there seems to be one sitting on . Swiping it up you point it toward the TV and after a few failed attempts to turn it on (Batteries must be dieing in it), the TV comes alive with some white noise. "Let's see what's on channel...23" You say now punching in the desired number on the remote to then be taken to the channel. What you come to see is the scene or a lavishly furnished library housing a cornucopia of books and shelves alike, the center of focus is on a table that has several stacks of books on them. The camera slowly zooms to a purple haired woman, who seemed to be reading something and was also in her pajamas (or at least that's what it looks like). After a while she looks up from her book to address the audience.

"Good evening, and welcome to Masterpiece Theater, I am your hostess Patchuoli Knowledge" You can barely hear this woman's hushed voice. Was she talking in that tone on purpose? Either way, you crank up the volume a little so you can hear her a little better. "Tonight we'll-" And the rest you tune out. It's not that you don't like the show, it's just this Patchouli's voice is in such a monotone you can't quite get into the program, it's a good thing this is on PBS otherwise it wouldn't fair very well on any of the other channels. Oh well, the TV has channels to turn to so you decide to go up a few to see what else is on. You go up a few channels and arrive at what seems to be a game show of some kind. "Which of the following is the largest?" Asks the male host to a woman sitting in fornt of him "Is it A) A Peanut, B) An Elephant, C) The Moon, or D) A Kettle."

Needless to say, It doesn't even take you more than 2 minutes to figure out what the correct answer is, it's obviously C none of the others are no where as big as the moon. But you weren't the one on TV so you wait to see what the woman has for an answer. She remains still for a couple of moments before coming to a conclusion "I'd have to say B) An Elephant." The host gives her a weird look of 'are you fucking serious' before asking "Are you positive about this?" But the woman remains confident in her answer and nods in confirmation. That very answer is enough to make you facepalm at this woman's idiocy, how could an elephant be larger than the moon? It is beyond you on how stupid some people can really be. Obviously enough, she loses the game and goes home with only $200. "What a dumbass..." You say with a cynical look on your face as you change the channel once again this time going down past channel 23 to Channel 8. Perhaps they had something of interest on the air.

"Tonight we bring you special coverage on a recent terrorist attack that occured late this evening" Terrorist attack? Did yet another area fall victim to a roving group of insurgents? Well one way to find out really. "Only a little information has been released about this attack, so far all we know is that the group known as the 'Nine Syndicate' was recently discovered in a city far out in the barenlands and was confronted yesterday after noon. In the past, this group has already been responsible for numerous attacks on Eientei and the Scarlet Lands but have since managed to elude justice." The screen changes to show the 5 members of the terrorist group...wait five? There were five of them

Looking at the mugshots of each terrorist, you're able to pinpoint Mystia on the screen almost instantaneously, but the 4 others are ones you can't quite recognize; a green haired firefly youkai, donning a black cape like mantle, a simply white shirt. The other is young blonde woman wearing a black dress, a red ribbon she has a rather dumb look on her face as she appears to have looked away from the camera (possibly a bad photo). The final 2 seem to be fairies, the smallest one has aqua colored hair and wears a blue ribbon with a one-piece skirt of the same color. This fairy also has a rather arrogant expression on her face, why that is you can't say. And the final member is a little larger than her fellow fairy comrade having the same colored attire but having green hair topped with a yellow bow and wings that look a bit more insectoid, she also seems the most regretful being she looks rather ashamed to have been photographed. You presume their the other higher ranked members of the group, but from what you've been told over the radio a long while ago, there should only be one high ranked Nine and that's their leader, which one of them was of such a rank, you can't fathom for now due to there being 4 candidates for it. Not long after you began to ponde on this the smaller fairy's mugshot lights up as the anchorman continues "It is believed that the one they call 'Cirno' (highlighted in red) is the self appointed Commander of the Nine Syndicate and it's forces, the other 3 pictured are presumeably higher ranked soldiers of the group."
>> No. 11202
Just as he finishes his last statement, one of the crew members appear on screen beside him and whisper a few things in his ear. "Hang on, I've just been informed that 4 members of the Nine Syndicate have been captured; 1 of them in extensive care while the other 4 were defeated and taken into custody by the cities militia. Now that these terrorist have been captured, there is no word as to what will become of the them but it is certain that the Xandu Council may make it's move to finally bring these criminals to justice, we'll keep you updated on more details" The anchorman concludes as the camera now zooms back out. You lean back in the chair and gaze back at Mystia before flicking the channel again to PBS to see Masterpiece Theater is still going, but at this point the show seemed to be focused on something else besides Patchouli and her monotone. You yawn as you know realize that you've been up almost the entire day now and of course being active all day, with sparse amounts of time to rest, soon catches up to you in the form of a looming sense of drowsiness.

How were you going to keep watch over Mystia if you were asleep? You can't really, which is why you fight the urge to close your heavy eyelids and drift off. But, unfortunetly, it was a fatal move to leave the channel on PBS the boring nature of most of it's programs is enough to put any insomniac to sleep...which to you is no different as you soon find yourself closing your eyes to welcome the soothing embrace of sleep.

. . . . . . .

-The Next Morning-

Your eyes shoot open as your mind realizes that you caved to your instincts and fell asleep, immedieatly thinking the sparrow got away you bring your gaze to the hospital bed Mystia's body still laying within it and a rabbit making sure everything was alright as far as her treatment was going. Well, at least she didn't go anywhere, which was good to know, being you can't really see yourself explaining to Reisen of an attack because you fell asleep on a job YOU assigned yourself. "Good Morning, sir" The rabbit greets to you in a friendly tone to which you only nod and repeat with a 'Good Morning' of your own. You're still half asleep and it's only the sound of the TV going that's keeping you from falling back asleep, so as the rabbit takes her leave, you get up from your seat and stretch a little to wake yourself up.

"What...are you doing here..." came the spiteful voice of Mystia. You glance back your arms still in the air to see she was now awake, if not barely. "Well, good morning to you too" You reply sarcastically rolling your eyes at how she was trying to intimidate you with a mean voice. "Anyways, it shouldn't be rocket science to know the reason as to why I'm here but since you asked; I was here just to keep an eye on you, after all aren't you a terrorist?" Mystia doesn't answer and simply remains still, you can't really read her mannerisms for the moment but you can tell she's in alot of doubt with herself now, having failed a mission she probably swore she would complete and now having to face the fact that she may even be rejected by the only means of acceptance in her life. You were intending on telling her about what you saw on the news last night but did you really want to bring anymore bad news onto her?

[ ] Tell Mystia about what you saw on the news last night.
[ ] Don't tell her about the news broadcast and simply talk about something else.
[ ] Go get something to eat and do something else.
[ ] Leave the hospital and head elsewhere.

If you chose, to leave where do you wish to go?
-[ ] Your House
-[ ] Nitori's Garage/House
-[ ] Shopping District
-[ ] Salvage Yard
-[ ] The Schoolhouse
-[ ] The Prison as mentioned in the News last night
-[ ] Somewhere else in mind (Write-in)
>> No. 11214
[x] Buzz the nurse to let her know that the patient is awake and hungry, not entertaining any objections from Mystia as you do.
[x] Tell Mystia about what you saw on the news last night.

We need to know just how high up in the chain of command she is. After we get as much out of her as we're able, we should check in with Keine by phone and get an armed soldier to relieve us.
>> No. 11219
[x] Buzz the nurse to let her know that the patient is awake and hungry, not entertaining any objections from Mystia as you do.
[x] Tell Mystia about what you saw on the news last night.
>> No. 11220
Hm. I'm thinking the entire Nine squad was used as a disposable assest by someone else.
>> No. 11221
As to why I suspect as such :

First, pure metagaming. It would seem odd for such a group to be so neatly captured and taken care of so early in the story, right?

Other thoughts :

As already pointed out, this is an organization that managed to get ahold of over 9 working tanks - and parked 8 of them together in the same spot. Why would they be smart enough to get ahold of that much weaponry, and be dumb enough to stick them in plain sight all in one place? Maybe someone else gave them the tanks?

Then, there's Mystia's reaction to things. Yeah, she's able to kill soldiers while outnumbered in an alley with her bare hands, even being able to use her fingernails to attack. So why did she cave in so easily to something she should already be jaded to? Why did she stand up to guns but completely lost it when we finally used the radio for real?

Finally, there's the fact that the entire high command got captured. How does that happen? Mystia was pretty fanatical, and if nothing else I'd expect at least one of them to be shot in the cross-fire. Maybe inquire to how this was possible?
>> No. 11252
[x] Buzz the nurse to let her know that the patient is awake and hungry, not entertaining any objections from Mystia as you do.
[x] Tell Mystia about what you saw on the news last night.
>> No. 11357
[x] Buzz the nurse to let her know that the patient is awake and hungry, not entertaining any objections from Mystia as you do.
[x] Tell Mystia about what you saw on the news last night.
>> No. 11658
Just a bit of a heads up, I will update this, I'll admit that RAoM caught a little more of my interest this past week or so, which obviously resulted in some neglect in this area, and I apologize for that.

tl;dr - Updates soon
>> No. 12580
Updates?
>> No. 12757
File 123026554563.jpg - (144.71KB , 368x491 , Let's pretend this is related.jpg ) [iqdb]
12757
[x] Buzz the nurse to let her know that the patient is awake and hungry, not entertaining any objections from Mystia as you do.
[x] Tell Mystia about what you saw on the news last night.

You have a hunch you might get a bit more out of this if you stay behind and tell Mystia what you saw on the news last night. But, first you rise up from your seat and make your way over to a set of buttons near Mystia's bed, you know she'll probably make a big fuss about it though, but then again most birds are always noisy in the morning anyways. To your surprise she still half asleep, although her drowsiness doesn't deter her stare for that's exactly what she's doing to you right now. Eventually, a rabbit enters the room answering the call you sent out earlier. "Yes, can I help you?" She asks politely with you looking up from Mystia's stare to answer.

"Yeah, our patient here's awake and would like some breakfast please" Your gaze shifts to Mystia, to see her about to get up but then notice her hands wrists are broken and falls back to the bed in her pain. To be honest, you forgot that that you had broken her wrists as well.

"Alright, I'll bring her some breakfast right away." The rabbit says happily and politely takes to the exit leaving you and Mystia in a silence as you remain where you were at her bedside. The silence stretches on for a couple moments until Mystia finally speaks up to voice her . "You didn't have to get me anything...you know" She says as she turns to her side so that she no longer looks you in the eye.

"Figured you'd say that. Though I'm a little surprised you didn't say so sooner" You roll your eyes a little "But still, you gotta eat sometime right, why not when you're at least half awake?"

"Hospital food's terrible and you know it" Mystia argues her voice not even reaching the volume of a shout in the slightest. "You're only doing this to torture me some more aren't you?"

"Why would I use Hospital food as torture?" That's a good question indeed, no one's ever done such a thing before not because it was rude to the people who cooked it but it just seemed so out there that no one eve thought about it, despite said method being rather stupid. "Sure it may not be the best kinda food there is, but I wouldn't use it as a form of torture...who would anyways?..." Mystia says nothing in return and simply awaits her breakfast, even though she wasn't likely to eat it. You shrug and take a seat in one of the chairs awaiting the rabbit's return. You still have not forgotten that you had to tell her about the news broadcast last night. Even though the news is bad for Mystia, you figured she would at least want to know the gist of what's happened to her group, and what's to come of them after the Council catches wind of their capture.

"I saw the news last night..." You speak up abruptly which seems to catch Mystia's attention, but not enough for her to respond, you go on ahead despite the silence she gave you as a reply. "It turns out your group was apprehended yesterday night" Now, it is this part of your statement that causes some reaction in the night sparrow. "How many did they capture?" She asked in a hurried tone a clue to her possible nervousness on something.

"All of them, Your boss, those other 3, they didn't say anything about the lower ranked guys so I guess they either high tailed it outta here or were killed off in the previous fight" You were certain most of them probably ran away, most terrorists tend to do that when the situation get's shitty. "My guess is you probably won't have a day before this Council comes over here to take you in But that aside it's rather odd for an entire group's command to be apprehended in one night AND in the quiet fashion that they were. Were they really that stupid or was this a facade for something bigger? You decide to dive into this sea of questions head first. "...Tell me, why is it you became a terrorist anyways?"

"Well, I guess I could tell you, seeing as to how everything's down the drain now..." Mystia answered with a forlorn shrug "We didn't become a terrorist group on our own free will...we were forced into it"

You raise an eyebrow, now sitting up in your seat "Forced? Who would force you to become terrorists?"

"The Yakumos. They came to us a long time ago demanding we give up our land for their on purposes. We asked them what is they wanted with our land but they wouldn't say. So natrually we declined their offer being we had no idea of their intentions."

"Did they listen?"

"Well, their leader politely apologized for trying to force us into doing something we didn't want and took her leave. But the very next day they returned and attacked us to force us off the land instead. Most of our infantry was taken out by just one lone soldier...I don't know his name, or where he came from, but I do know he was a huge man, sporting a muscular body and a large machinegun as his only weapon, I don't think I've ever seen someone gun down as many soldiers as he did...and laugh the entire time." A lone soldier taking out the bulk of their infantry? Seems a bit farfetched, almost like a tall tale of sorts but you let her go on none the less. "And even with him, they still had more combat vehicles and tanks than we did. We had no choice but to pull out and flee the area, after that we found out that we were suddenly wanted as 'Terrorists'"

"What about the attacks on Eientei and the Scarlet Lands?" You inquire "According to the news and a doctor, you guys attacked them some time ago, but got away"

"We were simply going there to find a place to live, when word got out of us being in the city, the military of those nations attacked us in hopes of killing us off" Mystia answered looking up to you for the first time during the conversation. "The only attacks there was were those of self defense" And with that Mystia sighs and lays back down onto the bed, not long after the rabbit returns to the room rolling in a cart that held Mystia's breakfast. You could spy several peices of toast, an orange, eggs and tall glass of milk to the side.

(cont.)
>> No. 12758
"Sorry it took so long, here's your food" The nurse then places the tray and upon seeing the eggs Mysta's face turns up in disgust to which to nurse takes notice of "Is something worng?"

"Yes there is" Mystia began looking to the nurse with an outraged expression "How could you just kill an innocent baby bird and then try to feed it to me?" The rabbit, having no real understanding as to where Mystia's rage was coming from, merely steps back a confused and startled look on plastered on her face. Mystia "How would you like it if I ate YOUR baby"

"Wh-what!?" The rabbit's eyes widen from shock as she takes in those words. Saying you're going to eat babies isn't really something you say everyday, if someone says it out the way Mystia did, then you can pretty sure there's something's wrong.

"Look, before this gets outta hand, just get rid of the eggs" You point out, knowing the rabbit didn't know the soure of Mystia's outrage. "Mystia IS a bird after all so it should have been obvious she'd be against eating eggs"

"Oh...I'm really sorry, I...I didn't know" The nurse apologized, slightly embarrased that she didn't see it earlier...you would be too. "Here let me get rid of those for you" The nurse then scoops the eggs off of Mystia's tray and places them onto another that was on the cart she had rolled in. "There all better?" Mystia doesn't respond, but you nod so is to answer for her. "Just let us know if you need anything else, okay?" The nurse bows and takes her leave, and Mystia begins on her breakfast moments later.

Well, besides that fiasco, you were still pondering on what Mystia had told you earlier. Apparently, the Yakumos are behind not only conning people out of their land, but also for forcing the Nines into terrorism. This seems like a plausible story, if only for the fact that the Yakumo Army has gotten away with a lot of crap, most of it was during the time the Governemt first split and everything was still in chaos. You wouldn't put it past you that they were behind this in some way. However, your rational side has other ideas, while the story is believeable there are still some aspects that have not been answered yet, like why they attacked this city or why they wanted attack the Council. Was everything you heard about them on the news a lie? Unlikely, but who is to say the Yakumos didn't stage that too.

[ ] The story seems believable in a sense. Why not take her word for it
[ ] Something's still don't add up, it's best to ask into this more.
[ ] She's lieing, there's no doubt that she would tell you anything just to get you to believe her.

-------

I hope this is up to par, and I apologize for going back on my word.

Oh and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year as well.
>> No. 12759
[ ] Something's still don't add up, it's best to ask into this more.
>> No. 12760
[x] That seems to explain a few things, but...
[x] Something's still don't add up, it's best to ask into this more.

(Such as where the heck they got the tanks from. Nitori should be able to figure out some things herself from cannibalizing them though.)
>> No. 12765
[x] Some things still don't add up, it's best to ask into this more.
[x] And tell Mystia that if it makes any difference to her, eggs served as food are unfertilized and as such, not dead baby birds.

Got MS7 for Christmas. It's awesome.
>> No. 12817
[ ] Something's still don't add up, it's best to ask into this more.
>> No. 12819
[x] Something's still don't add up, it's best to ask into this more.
>> No. 12912
[x] Something's still don't add up, it's best to ask into this more.