[Return]
Archived thread

File 122040089898.jpg - (91.72KB , 600x818 , Mei-Saku.jpg ) [iqdb]
6585 No. 6585
Yes. A second CYOA. MULTI BOARD WRITING.

o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

Life was, in your opinion, boring.

Every day you walked down along the same gray street, flanked on either side by the same cold gray stone buildings. Bright colors filled their windows, but you didn't care - it wasn't like you could afford any of the crap they had on display. Now and again your daily walk too and from school was broken up by an accident... usually another victim of Reverie Occlusion Syndrome passed out on the floor, or in their car, or... well. Anywhere. RO Syndrome struck people down almost at random without warning and the consequences of it usually tended to be fatal, especially if the victim happened to be driving or doing anything else dangerous at the time. Not that you particularly cared, you were amongst that small percentage of the population who didn't seem to care if it struck them down or not. In some ways this, perhaps, was the best way to be - never having to fear a mysterious killer disease, not having to scurry around in terror like so many others did.

Over the past year your own school class had grown smaller, at first almost forty students, until at last only a handful had remained. One by one the missing students had fallen victim to RO syndrome, had dropped out due to a relative being affected or in many cases had moved away in the hope of avoiding it. RO Syndrome did, after all, affect mainly people in the city - those in the country rarely seemed to suffer it unless they were visiting the city.

Soon enough the gray street came to an end, leaving you instead staring at your school. More specifically it left you staring at a large white and black sign hung up on the closed school gates.

“CLOSED” it read, in bold letters along the top. “Due to RO outbreaks amongst staff this institute can no longer continue running. All students will receive notification within the week of new school placements. We apologize for inconvenience.”

You stare at the sign for several minutes, then past it and up at the school. The windows were dark and from here you could see the front doors chained shut as usual, evidently this was no prank but was indeed the real thing.

“Well, this sucks!” You jump at the voice and turn to see a woman standing there, hands on hips, glaring at the sign in irritation. “How the hell am I supposed to find them now!?” She's tall, taller than you at least, and has a bust the size of two beach balls barely held within her blue shirt. Bright red hair was held in two ponytails by some kind of hairband ornaments, and you noted that she was wearing a dark blue skirt - unusual in this cold weather. Surely a sane person would have worn some trousers?

“Hey!” You blink, suddenly aware the the woman's face is inches from your own. “You go to this place!?” She demands, causing you to flinch back ever so slightly. “... geez, you're a mess aren't you?” Frowning at the your about to give her a scathing retort when she suddenly shoves something into your hands. “Fine, whatever! I ain't gonna haul my ass around looking for the punk I'm supposed to find - so you can have this crap!”

You glance down at the item, a small brown-wrapped package, then look back up to protest this sudden development.

The woman is gone.

You look around, first to the left, then to the right. No-one is there, you're alone in front of the school, still clutching the package the woman gave you. Lifting it up you examine it, there doesn't seem to be an address or anything on the outside - or indeed any other marking for that matter.

With nothing better to do, you head home, back down the gray street with it's gray sidewalk and gray buildings spattered with the occasional burst of color. Eventually you reach home. Pushing the front door open you pause before remembering that no greeting would be forthcoming, not since you were abandoned here by your parents. Sighing to yourself you make your way up to your room, kicking your shoes off and simply dropping your jacket onto the floor as you go. It's not like there was anyone to complain after all. Inside your room you simply flop down onto your bed, the brown package still clutched in your hands.

Curiosity getting the better of you, you shake the package and listen carefully. You hear a dull thump from inside indicating something solid contained within. Staring at the package one last time you carefully make a tear in the brown wrapping and slowly pull it apart, revealing a polished wooden box underneath. At first look it seems so expensive but after a quick examination you find a little 'made in taiwan' stamp on the bottom, indicating that it can't be that expensive at all really. You shake it again, hearing only the dull thump you heard before.

Biting your lower lip you decide that your curiosity won't be satisfied with this. With a little fumbling your fingers find a latch along the side of the lid and, with a sharp 'click', it pops open to let you peer inside.

Inside is... a mirror. A small silver mirror upon which you see reflected...


[ ] A male
[ ] A female

And behind them you can make out...

[ ] A midnight blue sky filled with tiny lights
[ ] A stage, with confetti falling from above
[ ] A dark, broken landscape filled with trees
[ ] A school building, lit up with floodlights

Two choices, both will be counted seperately.

>> No. 6586
[X] A male
[X] A school building, lit up with floodlights

Confetti option is tempting, though.
>> No. 6589
[Q] A male
[Q] A school building, lit up with floodlights
>> No. 6591
[x] A male
[x] A school building, lit up with floodlights
>> No. 6594
[ ] A female
[ ] A midnight blue sky filled with tiny lights

Variety please. Only one CYOA has a female anon.
>> No. 6596
[x] A female
[x] A midnight blue sky filled with tiny lights

Can we be a robot too?
>> No. 6598
I don't mean to be rude, discouraging, or rudely discouraging, but your updates on Taste the Rainbow are already slowing down. Can you juggle two CYOAs at once?

[X] A male
[X] A dark, broken landscape filled with trees
>> No. 6599
[ ] NOTHING! NOTHING IS REFLECTED
[ ] OH GOD
[ ] OH GOD
[ ] oh wait there it is never mind
[ ] A female

[ ] A midnight blue sky filled with tiny lights
>> No. 6600
[x] A grinning, bloodied skull
[x] A red, swollen sun taking up more than half the sky
>> No. 6602
File 122040516162.jpg - (171.42KB , 630x460 , touhoupersona.jpg ) [iqdb]
6602
>Reverie Occlusion Syndrome

Apathy Syndrome?
>> No. 6603
[x] A blurred image
[x] A school building, lit up with floodlights
>> No. 6605
>>6602
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

Also, fuck yes, we can burn our dread.
>> No. 6607
[ ] NOTHING! NOTHING IS REFLECTED
[ ] OH GOD
[ ] OH GOD
[ ] oh wait there it is never mind
[ ] A female
[ ] A midnight blue sky filled with tiny lights

This write in, it is so right.
>> No. 6609
[ x ] NOTHING! NOTHING IS REFLECTED
[ x ] OH GOD
[ x ] OH GOD
[ x ] oh wait there it is never mind
[ x ] A female
[ x ] A midnight blue sky filled with tiny lights
>> No. 6610
[x] NOTHING! NOTHING IS REFLECTED
[x] OH GOD
[x] OH GOD
[x] oh wait there it is never mind
[x] A male
[x] A midnight blue sky filled with tiny lights
>> No. 6611
[ ] NOTHING! NOTHING IS REFLECTED
[ ] OH GOD
[ ] OH GOD
[ ] oh wait there it is never mind
[ ] A male
[ ] A midnight blue sky filled with tiny lights
>> No. 6612
[X] A male.
[X] A stage, with confetti falling from above.

Just to be different. Plus, I like the possibility of a Persona that has to do with the theater - a Persona that takes on other Personae, if you will.
>> No. 6613
>>6605

Sakuya's initial Persona is China (resist fire, weak pierce) but when you max her Social Link, she gives rise to Remilia (null fire, null death).

Reimu's initial Persona is Suika (resist expel, weak sake), but maxing out her Social Link gives rise to Yukari (repel expel, resist sake).

Marisa's initial Persona is either Alice (resist ailments because she hangs out with Medicine, weak expel because she's a shut-in) or Patchouli (resist fire and wind, weak expel because she's also a shut-in), but a maxed out Social Link gives rise to Mima (resist everything but expel and death, which is kinda broken).

Youmu you get late in the game, so her previous persona Myon has already given rise to Yuyuko (repel death, resist phys, no weaknesses).

Anon's persona starts out as Granfalloon (no resistances, weak expel and death because he's a shut-in AND keeps succumbing to creepypasta, so pack some Homonculi), and powering up gives rise to Legion (Anon has no weaknesses. Anon exploits all weaknesses).
>> No. 6614
File 12204080041.jpg - (215.58KB , 700x700 , 1215482606161.jpg ) [iqdb]
6614
>Anon's persona starts out as Granfalloon (no resistances, weak expel and death because he's a shut-in AND keeps succumbing to creepypasta, so pack some Homonculi), and powering up gives rise to Legion (Anon has no weaknesses. Anon exploits all weaknesses).

DO WANT. needs more furry killan
>> No. 6615
>>6613
>Anon's persona starts out as Granfalloon (no resistances, weak expel and death because he's a shut-in AND keeps succumbing to creepypasta, so pack some Homonculi), and powering up gives rise to Legion (Anon has no weaknesses. Anon exploits all weaknesses).

>gives rise to Legion

>Legion

IT LEARNS SEXY DANCE, IT MUST BE SEXY!
>> No. 6616
>IT LEARNS SEXY DANCE, IT MUST BE SEXY!

Might as well learn it, some enemies are weak to Mind attacks, after all.
>> No. 6617
Akyu, the local loli history prodigy who's been allowed to skip a few grades and conveniently arrives in our class, will obviously have Keine as her Persona (Resists and uses Expel due to history erasing, weak to Curse due to being cursed with werehakutaku status). Keine later gives rise to EX-Keine (Null Expel, Resist Curse due to already having a curse in effect?).

Also, here's hoping for sexy school nurse Eirin to be our party's healer.
>> No. 6618
>>6617

Are we talking Curse as a death-element attack, a la DDS, or Curse as the element mute and poison belong to, a la Nocturne?
>> No. 6619
>>6618

Nocturne.

Death is Death. Or Mudo. Whichever system you decide to go by.
>> No. 6621
[X] A female
[X] A dark, broken landscape filled with trees

I still haven't played this game.
>> No. 6623
>>6613
>Anon's persona starts out as Granfalloon (no resistances, weak expel and death because he's a shut-in AND keeps succumbing to creepypasta, so pack some Homonculi), and powering up gives rise to Legion (Anon has no weaknesses. Anon exploits all weaknesses).

bricks.
>> No. 6624
{X} A female
{X} A midnight blue sky filled with tiny lights

Needs more female anons
>> No. 6629
[x] A female
[x] A midnight blue sky filled with tiny lights

Seconding female anons
>> No. 6632
[X] NOTHING! NOTHING IS REFLECTED
[X] OH GOD
[X] OH GOD
[X] oh wait there it is never mind
[X] A male
[X] A midnight blue sky filled with tiny lights
>> No. 6643
[x] A female
[x] A midnight blue sky filled with tiny lights
>> No. 6644
[x] NOTHING! NOTHING IS REFLECTED
[x] OH GOD
[x] OH GOD
[x] oh wait there it is never mind
[x] A male
[x] A midnight blue sky filled with tiny lights
>> No. 6645
[a] NOTHING! NOTHING IS REFLECTED!
[w] OH GOD.
[s] OH GOD.
[u] oh wait there it is never mind.
[m] A female.
[x] A midnight blue sky filled with tiny lights.
>> No. 6646
[x] A female.
[x] A midnight blue sky filled with tiny lights.
>> No. 6647
Going by total votes, it looks like female just won along with 'A midnight blue sky filled with tiny lights'.
Writing now.

Also, as to this and Skittles, whenever one is being a pain (not wanting to write) i can do the other instead. (seriously, that arctic scene in skittles refused to come out in a way i was happy with for so long. damnit.)
>> No. 6648
Nothing. Nothing at all. In the silvery surface of the mirror you can make out the background of your room, but you yourself are blatantly missing from the scene. Screwing your eyes shut you shake your head to clear it - obviously this must have been just a trick of the light or something, perhaps you had been playing the part of a shut-in a little too much lately. Opening them again you risk another peek at the mirror, this time it seems to be misted over but at least now you can make out your own face staring back at you. A slim-looking feminine face it was, not supermodel pretty but not exactly ugly either. Above average at most perhaps, it was a face one could easily miss in a crowd or forget a few moments after seeing it. You raise one eyebrow - your reflection does the same. Peering closer you slowly realize that, although you are now reflected in the mirror... your room is not.

Instead it looks as if your reflection is standing atop a hill of some kind, surrounded only by clear navy blue skies in all directions. As you look harder you can make out tiny points of light here and there, scattered all around your reflection - though she doesn't seem to notice, only look sad as she turns to look up at....

...

You jump back in shock with a small scream, dropping the mirror in the process and falling off of your be onto the floor. Your reflection had been moving! On it's own! Shaking your head again you reach out for the mirror from where it had fallen onto your purple car...pet...

Hang on.

You didn't have a purple carpet. Yours was a threadbare brown carpet, not this plush violet deep-pile thing that you were sprawled out on now. What the hell was... Grabbing the mirror you haul yourself to your feet, crouched down low in what you hoped was either a threatening stance, or one that would assist with a speedy getaway. Oddly you can feel a faint vibration running through the floor - as if you were on a train or something.

“Well now,” a voice says from behind you. “This is a little surprising.”

You whirl on the spot - only to be met by the sight of nothing. Glancing around you realize you're in an empty room covered in dark purple and violet decoration. There are no windows here, nor are there any doors. Just four blank walls, a roof supported by four pillars, and a plush carpet floor.

“Come along now,” the voice speaks up, again from somewhere behind you. As before you turn in an effort to catch the speaker, only to be find it empty. Curious, and more than a little afraid, you back up towards one of the walls. As you meet it your back is poked by something small and hard - it's also cold and causes you to jump in fright. Spinning to see what it was you come face-to-face with en elegantly ornate wooden door. it's a deep purple color so dark as to be almost black and is decorated with an intricately fashioned silver knocker and door handle. “Do hurry please,” the voice states, once more from behind you - this time so close as to be almost pressing against your back. “The longer you wait here, the less time we'll have.” There's a pause, then the voice speaks up again. “But just remember, in the end it is your choice - whatever you do, you will have to live with the consequences.”


[ ] Open
[ ] Don't Open
>> No. 6649
[]Open

KINGDOM HEARTS
>> No. 6650
[X] Open

Velvet room.

Wonder if Igor's got a new pianist or assistant.
>> No. 6651
{X} Open.
>> No. 6654
[x] Open

And thus the journey begins, if you know what I mean.
>> No. 6655
[X] Open
>> No. 6656
Uh, what?

Sorry, but I'd rather you focus on T:TtR and Suika Wright than this shit.

sage
>> No. 6657
>>6656

This man has the right idea.

Back to Skittles.
>> No. 6658
File 122045956185.jpg - (97.56KB , 700x537 , Yukarigor.jpg ) [iqdb]
6658
For a moment you hesitate, afraid of this mystery voice, this unknown room and the fact that mere minutes ago you had been safe in your home.

No.

You grit your teeth and grab hold of the door handle firmly. You are not going to let some fucked up dream, because that's clearly what this must be, scare the hell out of you! This is your goddamn dream and you'll do what you damn well like!

So thinking you twist the door handle and rush forwards, pushing it open and... finding nothing. Specifically, you didn't find a floor. There's a second or two where you feel momentarily weightless and then you plummet into an endless pit of black. The air screams past your ears, but even after some time later you're still falling - no sign of slowing nor of the sudden stop at the end which would mark your end. Oddly it feels a comforting sensation, you feel no weight on your body, nor do you feel any pressure from below.

Come to that the wind has stopped too - though you still see the walls of the pit rushing past at speed. Though now you see flashes of white in them but you're moving too fast to make out quite what they are. Suddenly you feel a lurch and you hit something. Much to your surprise, given the speed you had been going, the impact doesn't kill you. In fact, it barely bruises you - your ass stings a little from the landing, but beyond that - nothing, no real pain at all.

“My! You did take your time deciding, did you not?” You look up expecting to see nothing but are instead surprised by the presence of a young woman sitting upon an antique-looking sofa made of wood and cloth. To either side of the sofa stands a person, on the left a tall woman with blonde hair and on the right a young girl with brown. Both of them are dressed in pale lilac robes, with purple tabards resting atop them while the woman in the middle is clad in a purple dress decorated with tiny red bows. “Now then,” she murmurs, leaning forwards, “Do please take a seat.” She gestures at a wooden chair a few feet in front of her. Unsure of what else to do you pick yourself up, walk over to it and sit down to face her. “Excellent.” She states, “Now let us get this little arrangement sorted out.”

“A... arrangement?” You ask, finding your voice at last. Your throat feels uncomfortably dry and your words come out more like croaks. The woman sitting opposite you blinks, then motions to the smaller of her two assistants. The brown haired girl silently walks off behind you and moments later returns bearing a tray containing two glasses. One full of dark blue liquid and the other a light red. They both fizz slightly, but aside from that look innocent enough - like soft drinks more or less.

“Please, take one.” The woman offers, “It's your choice.”


[ ] Take the Red
[ ] Take the Blue
[ ] Politely Refuse
[ ] Let her pick first.
>> No. 6659
PS: for everyone who hasn't played Persona 3, you should go hear this theme right now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOHB5AUygI
>> No. 6660
[X] Take the Red

Red pill.

Or, wait, Red Oni, Blue Oni?
>> No. 6665
Er. Drinks. DRINKS. Not pills. Geez.
>> No. 6670
[X] Question the woman about the drinks' purpose.

Vote edited, sorry about that.
>> No. 6671
[x] Take the Red
[x] Take the Blue
[x] Chug them both down at the same time

BET YOU DIDN'T EXPECT THIS, DID YOU YUKARI?
>> No. 6673
[X] Chug both to create the Violet Drink

This is better still!
>> No. 6674
[x] Take the Red
[x] Take the Blue
[x] Chug them both down at the same time
>> No. 6676
{X} Chug both to create the purple stuff.
>> No. 6677
[x] Mix and chug both.

Given what the name 'Yukari' means, this should be amusing.
>> No. 6678
[x] Take the Red
[x] Take the Blue
[x] Chug them both down at the same time

BET YOU DIDN'T EXPECT THIS, DID YOU YUKARI?
>> No. 6679
[x] Mix and chug both.
>> No. 6680
[x] Mix and chug both.

I have no regrets; this was my only path.
My entire life was Unlimited Sizzurp Works.
>> No. 6683
Everything we've seen so far is purple; surely this is a sign.

[x] Consider them both carefully, sniffing at and eying each closely. After taking a moment, nod to yourself, and take the red. Pour half of it out on the floor, and put it back on the table. Then do the same with the blue, mechanically. Pour one into the other, and chug quickly, letting purple run down your chin. Ignore their stares as you do this.

As we're essentially creating a personality here, the manner in which we do things is as important as what we do, as we could here either come off as a disaffected nihilist or a caustic misanthrope.
>> No. 6684
“Fine.” You state, glaring at the woman. “Then I chose... this!” So saying you reach out and grab both glasses at once, tip your head back and practically pour the contents of both down your throat. You hear a slight whistle of appreciation from the taller of the two apparent assistants as you do this and, as you slam both glasses back down onto the tray you stare at the woman to see what her reaction is.

She's laughing. Clapping too, as if this were some kind of incredible joke to which only she knew the punchline. “Impressive!” she exclaims, “Taking both at once!” Settling down again she shoots you a superior little glare. “And what if one of them were poisoned?” She asks, smirking as your eyes widen. “What if I was planning to kill you if you refused my offer? What if I plan to kill you anyway?” Either it's your imagination or the room suddenly gets colder as she says this, and you shiver ever so slightly.

“The world,” the woman says at last, “Is full of 'what if' situations. 'What if I do this', 'what if I do that', 'what if I die'. The important thing is that a person makes a choice, be it for good or for bad, and lives with the consequences of their choice with no regret.” She snaps her fingers, causing both of her assistants to move away. “Given such a suspicious choice in a place like this, it would be natural for a person to worry, to feel a sense of paranoia - 'what if this is a trick', 'what if one is poisoned' - that sort of thing. But you... Regardless of personal worries or fears you simply reached out and took everything you could.” She smiles, a warm smile that still for some reason makes you feel a chill in your stomach. “Perhaps this will be an asset to you, or perhaps it will be the source of your ruin. Either way...” she leans back suddenly as the brown and blonde assistants appear, a small table held between them upon which is a thin red-covered book. After a few moments of shuffling the two assistants place the table down between you and the seated woman, then resume their original positions to either side of her.

“Wh... what is this?” You ask at last, “Where the hell am I and who the hell are you!?”

The woman smiles. “Ah yes, there are always questions that need answers. This, girl, is the violet room. It's location is... somewhere. Or nowhere. Perhaps both, even I am not a hundred percent sure. Only you can enter it, and only I can never leave it. It is both a home and a prison, and these two both my servants and my jailors.” There's a pause and she smirks slightly, “Or maybe that was all a lie. In a place like this it is impossible to truly know the truth. All that matters... are the choices one makes.”

She reaches out to the book upon the table and flips it open, revealing a single page of what looks like a contract. “Now then, you opened the door and you drank the drinks... I think I know the answer, but please do tell me... Will you sign the contract?” She looks at you and your apparently look of confusion before laughing slightly, “Oh! How forgetful of me, I should at least explain what it is I ask you to sign, no?” You nod, more than a little puzzled by this strange woman. “It is nothing complex,” she states, “but it is also the most complex agreement you will ever be asked to make. Simply put, I ask you to make a promise - that you will make your choices and accept their consequences without regret. That is all, there is no more.”

[ ] Sign your name:
Pick a name:

And none of this 'john freeman' bullshit. She's a girl dammit.
In the event that there isn't any particular consensus on a name, I'll pick whichever suggestion appeals to me more.
>> No. 6685
>And none of this 'john freeman' bullshit. She's a girl dammit.
...

[x] Jane Freeman
>> No. 6686
[x] Jane Freeman

This is a solid plan and I endorse it.
>> No. 6687
[x] Johanna Cheapgirl
>> No. 6688
[X] Jane Freeman, sister of John Freeman
>> No. 6689
[x] Jane Freeman, sister of Gordon Freeman

You asked for it.
>> No. 6690
[X] Mari
>> No. 6692
[x]Yukari Takeba

Take that Yukari!
>> No. 6693
[x] Sign your name: Ø
Pick a name: Jane Doe

Your signature can be as little as an "X"; it just has to be your "X".
>> No. 6695
[X]Yukari Takeba.
>> No. 6696
>>6692
竹葉 縁?

{X} Yukari Takeba
>> No. 6697
[x] Jane Freeman, sister of Gordon Freeman
>> No. 6698
gee it sure is LOL SO RANDUM XD in here
>> No. 6699
[X] Éliane DuSoleil

Both names are french, both are connected to the sun either directly or indirectly. I like it, anyway.
>> No. 6700
>>6693
Actually, I like this.
[X] Sign your name: Ø
Pick a name: Jane Doe
>> No. 6701
[x] Jane Freeman
>> No. 6702
[X]Yukari Takeba.
>> No. 6703
>>6693
So yeah. I was the one to put down "Jane Freeman" first ( >>6685 ), because Angry Desu is a pompous ass sometimes, and it's fun to derail his plans.

However, I'm sorta liking >>6693 a lot.

[x] Sign your name: Ø
[x] Pick a name: Jane Doe

Vote reluctantly changed.
>> No. 6705
>>6693

You have the right idea, but we should use the Japanese equivalent.

[X] Sign your name: 名無しの権兵衛
Pick a name: Nanashi no Gombe, or just "Gon" for short

Your idiot parents never put a name on your birth certificate, so you're stuck with this.
>> No. 6706
>we should use the Japanese equivalent
Why?
>> No. 6707
[x]Yukari Takeba
>> No. 6708
[x] Yukari Takeba
>> No. 6709
[z] Sign your name: Ø
[e] Pick a name: Jane Doe
>> No. 6711
[x] Jane Freeman
>> No. 6712
[X] Sign your name: Ø
Pick a name: Jane Doe

or >>6705 depending on whether we're in Japan or not

We believe in nothing, Lebowski.
>> No. 6714
>>6703
You are an asshat. AD forever.

>>6693
I'm sold.

[☼] Sign your name: Ø
[☼] Pick a name: Jane Doe
>> No. 6715
>>6714
>You are an asshat. AD forever.

I gotta agree with >>6703 on this. Angry Desu can be kind of unbearable at times, and voting against his wishes feels good man.
>> No. 6716
[x] Sign your name: Ø
Pick a name: Jane Freeman

"its time to live up to my family name and face full life consquences!"
>> No. 6717
[ ] Sign your name: Ø
[ ] Pick a name: Jane Doe
>> No. 6718
[x]Yukari Takeba
>> No. 6719
>>6716
OH NO U DONT etc
>> No. 6720
>In the event that there isn't any particular consensus on a name, I'll pick whichever suggestion appeals to me more.

21 or so votes cast for three different names, and climbing.

I think we should just go with this and move on already.
>> No. 6721
>>6715

Yeah well, you know, that's just like your opinion, man.

Hey, AD, call it. As said, your discretion.
>> No. 6722
[X] Yukari Takeba
>> No. 6723
>>6720
Actually, the only reason i haven't called it yet was 'cuz of showering.

Yukari Takeba wins by one, but i'll try and make humor involving the other two big scorers for you.
>> No. 6731
>>6723
>Yukari Takeba

Shit. Now I actually have to play the game to vote appropriately for the character.
>> No. 6744
>>6723

Oh, for fuck's sake, of all female characters, why HER? Couldn't you guys have chosen Mitsuru?

If only I didn't ignore new CYOAS!
>> No. 6752
>Couldn't you guys have chosen Mitsuru?

The only thing cold about Anonymous is his blood. Even when he's a she.
>> No. 6753
>>6744
>Oh, for fuck's sake, of all female characters, why HER? Couldn't you guys have chosen Aigis?

Fixed. I don't care if she's a robot, she's the best character in the game.
>> No. 6756
>>6753

Fucking signed.
>> No. 6780
>>6753
Thirded.
>> No. 6802
File 122050141130.png - (172.69KB , 440x820 , Yukari Takeba.png ) [iqdb]
6802
Info ripped from Wikipedia for those who haven't played the game.

>Yukari Takeba (岳羽 ゆかり)
>Personas: Io, Isis of The Lovers arcanum

>Yukari Takeba is a classmate of the Main Character. She wields a bow and arrow in battle. Yukari's zeal for investigation brings SEES a lot of trouble, but also gains the group valuable allies and information. She has a high aptitude for magic and her Personas excel in wind and healing spells.

>Yukari is popular at school because of her good looks, cheerful disposition, and energetic attitude. But there is more to Yukari than meets the eye. Though outwardly friendly and extroverted, she is very careful not to let anyone get truly close to her. She constantly picks on Junpei, hides her true motives from the group, and represses a lot of anger and sorrow about her past. At the beginning of the game she has trouble summoning her Persona and becomes distressed when holding an evoker gun to her head.

Though I see no contradictions so far, how much this story's character deviates from the game character remains to be seen.
>> No. 6809
>>6802
Who says we have to be like the game character?
>> No. 6812
>>6809

No one. As said:
>how much this story's character deviates from the game character remains to be seen.
>> No. 6818
You look at the contract for several long seconds. Although the text on it is seemingly unreadable to you, you get the feeling that out of everything the woman has said - her explanation of the contract is at least totally honest. How, or even why you get this feeling... you don't know.

Alongside the contract book is a quill pen standing in a small bottle of ink. Gingerly you grab the pen and hold it over the contract... before scratching a circle with a line running through it to form a 'Ø' shape on the page in black ink. Looking up from you sign you see the woman give you a flat glare and shake her head. “Now, that just won't do.” She says, her voice chilling, “This particular contract needs a name - your name, a sign like that simply isn't acceptable.”

“Unless,” she continues, her voice bright again, “You want me to, perhaps, guess your name? I'm sure that could be quite entertaining!” She frowns at you, “Hrm... A Jane perhaps? Jane Freeman maybe? No... for some reason I can't quite picture you with a crowbar.” You blink in surprise. This woman was insane... well, no, you had been pretty sure she was insane for a while now - right this moment you were really wondering how badly her insanity was going to affect you. “How about a doe?” She asks, “Jane Doe - a miss nobody who nobody will miss!”

You frown at that comment and the rather sinister implication it seemed to hold. Scowling at the woman you pick the quill up again and scratch out the three kanji of your name, Middle, Place and Affinity. Turning the book around to show the crazy woman you cross your arms in irritation at having to write it out for her. Smiling she looks down at it, then blinks and her brows cross in confusion. “Ah,” she begins, “How does this, ah, read?” She asks, her seeming embarrassment completely shattering your previously held view of who, or what, she was.

“The first two read as 'Takeba',” you say, “and the last one as 'Yukari'.”

“Takeba... Yukari...” The woman smirks, “Yukari Takeba... well now, isn't this a most pleasant surprise! For I too am named Yukari! Although I spell my name with the sign for 'violet' ... in case you couldn't have already guessed.” she smiles, then gives you an evil little grin. “Things are afoot little Yukari - things which you can't even begin to imagine. Perhaps you being named the same as I is a little portent, perhaps not. Either way I have made my choice and am quite prepared to see this through, don't you see?” She gestures down at the book and, to your surprise, above where your name is written is another... Your eyes flit over the kanji, Eight, Cloud... Violet.”

“Yakumo... Yukari?” You hazard, your voice subdued. The woman grins and suddenly reaches over the table to grab your hand. Turning it over she presses something into it and holds you there for a moment.

“My choice is you.” She whispers, “For good or for evil, that is my choice.” As she takes her hands away from yours you glance down to see a tiny silver key. “This time I brought you here,” Yukari states, “But next time I believe you will come of your own accord, and you will come - because you want answers. Then again, perhaps you will choose not to.”

“But let me tell you this, from one Yukari to another... the world has infinite choices in it - but sooner or later they all lead to an ending.” She smiles, “Remember that, and please do have a good day.”

And then, there was darkness.
>> No. 6819
File 122053114046.jpg - (182.81KB , 850x636 , not-your-street.jpg ) [iqdb]
6819
You wake up, lying on the floor of your room, you skin covered in a cold sweat. On your bedside cabinet you hear the insistent beep-beeping of your alarm clock and from your stomach the angry growl of something that hasn't been fed nor watered in quite some time.

Had... had you been asleep? You frown and pull yourself up to snatch the clock from where it stood - only to drop it again in shock. Today was... no, the date was wrong! This was tomorrow! Had you... could you... was it possible you had slept through all of yesterday? That seemed impossible given you were a light sleeper at the best of times. Clenching your fists you suddenly hiss in pain as something bites into your palm, flinging your hand open you spot something shiny fall to the floor and your eyes widen as it lands. A key, the same key you had been given by... No. No way. That had just been some crazy dream you had after falling off your bed - right? You had been looking at the mirror when you saw something which had surprised you and...

You pause. Mirror? You glance around. Where was the mirror from before? It should have been here! But no, it was missing - even the box if had been kept in was gone! Had someone raided your house while you were out? You rush out into the hall in a panic, then stop. Your front door was still there, and from here you couldn't see any other signs of forced entry... Though you do make a point of checking each room just in case, you simply don't find anything implying a break-in of any kind. Grimacing you head back to your room, where your alarm clock was till beeping away to indicate the time was seven in the morning.

Wait a minute.

Grabbing your clock you look at it, it said '7:00' in large digital lettering.

Just like it had before you had searched your house, and that had been a good five or more minutes ago. Was it broken? That didn't seem likely given how it was going on, and if it had broken you were sure digital clocks tended to default to flashing noon as a time, not seven o'clock. You shake it a few times and hit the sleep buttons to shut it up but... nothing. It just keeps on beeping, stuck at seven. Growling you slam the clock back down onto the cabinet, you can't deal with this shit now - a missing mirror, a fucked up clock and apparently an entire missing day. Idly you hit the switch for your radio, hoping some music would help take your mind off of things while you change clothes.

It doesn't. Mainly because all you can seem to get is an annoying static hiss that doesn't change no matter what frequency you set the radio to. Eventually you simply turn it off in disgust and get changed in silence. Since you didn't know if you'd been re-assigned to another school yet or not, you decided to slip on your uniform for now - just in case. Thankfully your school has wised up to gender equality somewhat so although you do have a few school-issue powder blue pleat skirts, you also have some trousers in that same color which you put on instead. Following that was the white shirt with collar, sleeves and pockets all decorated with deep blue stripes and the school badge on one breast pocket. A belt and a black tie completed the outfit - which had more in common with a military ajutant's dress than a school uniform... but then what could you expect when most of those who ran the school were ex-military, all retired from the defense force base just to the east of the city. Since it was probably going to be cold out, like yesterday, you also threw on the school-issue powder blue blazer... again with a distinctly military cut.

God you looked stupid in this. Still, if you were in uniform then at least if you did get notified, by phone most likely, you'd look presentable at your new school. Speaking of which... you grab your mobile from it's place next to your bed and, after checking it's charge - and discovering that it too seemed to be stuck on saying seven o'clock as a time - you stuffed it into your pocket. Right. You were good to go now, hungry perhaps but you had nothing worth eating here so you'd best eat out.

Feeling a little better thanks to the prospect of food to quell your angry stomach, you open your front door.

Then, you slam it shut and throw yourself against it, looking in horror back down your hallway. After a few moments of heavy breathing you duck down and peek through the letterbox in your door at the outside...

That is not your street. Come to that, it doesn't look like your city either. Your street, your city... they are gray, dull, lifeless. The pride of technology and construction, boxes of concrete surrounding roads of tarmac.

What is out there now... Roads covered in emerald green grass, buildings overgrown with vines and ivy, the few cars you could see were stationary and also overgrown - one even seemed to have a tree growing through it! Cautiously, having not seen any signs of immediate danger, you open your front door a crack and peek out to get a better view of the street. Every building you can see looks the same - well, some were different in terms of what they were covered with, but beyond that they were identical. The road of grass continues out of sight in both directions and... you frown slightly and look to either side - there are vines growing up the walls of your own home too.

What... the... hell?


[ ] Free choice
Write in an action people. From now on there may be times when write-ins are forbidden, or are the only choice you'll have. There will also be no turning back - You will have to deal with the consequences of your choices. (unless you do actually bad end, in which case you will go back several posts.)
>> No. 6820
[X] Examine the greenery.

Assess the situation.
>> No. 6821
[x] Try to find something in your house to eat.
[x] Check around for anything you could use as a makeshift weapon in your house. Like a crowbar, knives, or baseball bat, etc.
[x] Head for the local police station, as that would be a reasonable destination for anyone else who woke up in this place, and it's a good place to load up on firepower.
>> No. 6833
[x] Examine the greenery.
[x] Scrutinize the city for other people.
[x] Head for the local police station, as that would be a reasonable destination for anyone else who woke up in this place, and it's a good place to load up on firepower.
>> No. 6836
[ ] Close door.
[ ] Try key on door.
>> No. 6844
>>6752

But Mitsuru is hot!
>> No. 6845
[x] Try to find something in your house to eat, assess how long you have until your food stores run out.
[x] Check the taps, make sure the water still runs.
[x] See if you gave any reception on your cell.
[x] Try turning on the TV.
[x] Check around your house for anything you could use as self-defense, like a taser, mace can, kitchen knife, baseball bat, etc.
[x] Lock your door when you leave.
[x] Check nearby public places where you might find other people: Police or fire stations, hospitals, churches, libraries, schools, malls, etc.
>> No. 6854
[x] Are you delirious? Take a cold shower and check your temperature with a thermometer.
[x] Give yourself a once over in the mirror; make sure you haven't hit your head.
[x] Maybe it's hunger? Eat something.
[x] Try the reception on the TV and the phone.
[x] Check around your house for anything you could use as self-defense, like a taser, mace can, kitchen knife, baseball bat, etc.
[x] Check nearby public places where you might find other people: Police or fire stations, hospitals, churches, libraries, schools, malls, etc.
>> No. 6857
Okay, calling this more or less as:
Find something to eat.
Find some kind of weapon.
Try and head towards a populated place.
>> No. 6861
File 12205623697.jpg - (17.67KB , 444x348 , kitchen knives .jpg ) [iqdb]
6861
A weapon. That's what you need right now - if the streets are this messed up, there's no telling what could be lying in wait out there, you needed protection. Rummaging around the house you do your best to search for something to defend yourself with, while you're at it you gladly dump the textbooks out of your satchel and stuff a few essentials in there - some paper and a few pens in case you needed to make maps or notes, three ready-made bento lunches that were only just outside their expiry date, and a first aid kit that had been hanging off the kitchen wall for as long as you could remember. A fourth bento was opened immediately and devoured then and then to sate your hunger, along with large glass of water. Thinking about it you rummaged around in your cupboards until you unveiled a flask which, after being filled with water, also went into your satchel.

Some while later you have laid out in front of you everything with decent weapon potential that you could find without actually leaving the house. A selection of kitchen knives, a garden fork with one prong missing, your old hockey stick from when you played that sport, a half-brick in a sock... that last one was something of a reach, but you had heard they used such things in prisons. A small frying pan, a large pair of scissors, a short bit of copper piping you'd found as well as the broken leg of an old chair you'd found in storage - that one had nails sticking out of it too. Along with all that you had a variety of other things - wires, lamps and random bits of wood... Finally your prize find, a hand-ax that had been stashed in the back of the storage room - the thing was damn heavy though.

Unfortunately, as much as you would have liked, you simply aren't capable of carrying all of them at once. You would have to make a decision as to what to take with you...

Choice: Pick Two Small Weapons
[ ] Knife
[ ] Another Knife
[ ] Half Brick in Sock
[ ] Copper Piping
[ ] Large Scissors
[ ] Small Frying Pan
[ ] Free Choice

Choice: Pick One Large Weapon
[ ] Garden Fork
[ ] Hockey Stick
[ ] Chair Leg with Nails
[ ] Heavy Hand-Ax
[ ] Free Choice

Delayed choice (will contine after this one)
[X] Head towards populated place (Police station, school, etc)

Note on the free choices:
Small weapons: Must be able to fit into a backpack, must be easily found in any standard home. (no guns or tazers please)

Large weapons: Must be usable by a single person, must be easily found in any standard home. (no replica weapons and the like please)
>> No. 6862
[X] Hard drive tied to some wire.. With nails driven through it. DIGITAL-AGE FLAIL FUCK YEAH!

[X] Hockey stick, complete with a full set of pads. Time for some HOCKEY.
>> No. 6863
[ ] Knife
[ ] Gloves (Hand to Hand)
[ ] Hockey Stick
[ ] Head towards the nearest "open" school.
>> No. 6864
Small weapons
[]Knife
[]Copper plating

Large weapon
[]Knife tied to pole. Homemade naginata! Long distance stabbing, and you can fence with more agile foes. The two short weapons are for stabbing and blunt force respectively, for a variety of situations.
>> No. 6868
[x] Knife
[x] Another Knife
[x] Chair Leg with Nails
>> No. 6874
[x] Knife
[x] Small Frying Pan

Frying pan might be practical for other purposes than just for attack or defense.

[x] Heavy Hand-Ax
>> No. 6875
[X] Knife.
[X] Small frying pan.

[X] Garden Fork.

That's Slash, Strike, and Pierce right there. One for each of the basic physical attack types!
>> No. 6879
{X} Knife
{X} Small Frying Pan

{X} Heavy Hand-Ax
>> No. 6882
You know, someone said gloves, and that made me think. Maybe we should bring along some thick work gloves? Never know what you'll need to handle out there. We ought to have a pair if we've been living on our own, considering that repairs are probably necessary from time to time.
>> No. 6884
File 12205663175.jpg - (8.54KB , 230x232 , hammer.jpg ) [iqdb]
6884
[x] Knife
[x] Free Choice: Hammer

A hammer works pretty good as a weapon, and we can pry things open with the claw end.

[X] Heavy Hand-Ax
>> No. 6903
[X] Knife
[X] Small Frying Pan

[X] Cooking Apron
>> No. 6906
>[X] Cooking Apron

ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 6907
[x] Knife.
[x] Small frying pan.

[x] Bat
>> No. 6913
Small Weapon:
[X] Knife
[X] Small Frying pan

Large weapon:
[X] Free Choice
[X] Stanley FuBar Forcible Entry Tool, 18"-30"
we could say that the dad worked in construction/demolition/firefighting, but failing that,
[X] Hammer
EVERYONE has a hammer.
>> No. 6920
>>6913
Assuming you don't mean a sledgehammer or something, we don't need to waste the large slot on a regular hammer. One could easily fit into a backpack.
>> No. 6923
>>6920
>One could easily fit into a backpack.

Or a hammer loop, depending on our style of trousers.
>> No. 6935
Two Small Weapons
[X] Large Scissors
[X] Small Frying Pan

Large Weapon
[X] Traditional Bow

The bow because it's Yukari Takeba, the other two because that lets us do piercing, striking, and slashing attacks, and those two other weapons are also useful as tools.
>> No. 6940
>>6935
I don't think a traditional bow(and arrows) would qualify as 'easily found in any standard home'.
>> No. 6941
Two Small Weapons
[x] Knife
[x] Free Choice: Claw hammer
Large Weapon
[X] Heavy Hand-Ax
>> No. 6943
>>6940

No, but it could still be worked in eventually; many Japanese schools have archery clubs.
>> No. 6949
>>6943
True, though I'd much rather raid a police station for something a bit more modern.
>> No. 6950
[x] Knife
[x] Free Choice: Umbrella

[x] Crane
>> No. 6960
Small:
[ ] Knife
[ ] Work Gloves (Hand to Hand)
[ ] Claw Hammer

Large:
[ ] Garden Fork.
>> No. 6965
File 122058095110.jpg - (188.20KB , 400x400 , takebaup.jpg ) [iqdb]
6965
>>6940

No, but Yukari has both in her house.
>> No. 6966
[x] Knife
[x] Free Choice: Claw hammer

[X] Garden Fork.
>> No. 6968
File 122058254815.jpg - (31.17KB , 500x561 , hori-hori.jpg ) [iqdb]
6968
>>6960
Alright, I'll bite.

>>6919 here. Vote changan.

Let's see if we can build some kind of motif other than "The Zombie Survival Guide is my Bible." You want garden tools? We got 'em in spades.

Choice: Pick Two Small Weapons
[♠] Hori-hori gardening knife (slashing/piercing)
[♠] Work gloves, split cowhide (bludgeoning)

Choice: Pick One Large Weapon
[♠] Garden fork (piercing)

Our girl is dressed in a tie, blazer, and slacks. Combine that with work gloves & gardening tools and you have one hell of a fashion statement.
>> No. 6971
>>6968

I like the cut of your jib.

Choice: Pick Two Small Weapons
[x] Hori-hori gardening knife (slashing/piercing)
[x] Work gloves, split cowhide (bludgeoning)

Choice: Pick One Large Weapon
[x] Garden fork (piercing)
>> No. 6976
>>6968

I'll also go along with this. It's slightly thematic, which is nice. Also, having a strudy knife always helps, and while I can think of slightly more uses for the ax, the garden fork isn't bad - you can defend a larger portion of your body simply by pointing the thing (and in doing so, creating space between you and whatever the hell you're facing), you can stab and jab with it pretty quickly, and even better, depending on what you're fighting there's a chance that it could actually get stuck on one or more of the tines - the ax might be able to lop off limbs better, but we don't know exactly what we're up against. At the very least, I could see it slowing down the hypothetical monster a moment while we get out the knife to chop at it.
>> No. 6979
Fair enough.

[x] Hori-hori gardening knife (slashing/piercing)
[x] Work gloves, split cowhide (bludgeoning)

[x] Garden fork (piercing)
>> No. 6983
Small-
[ ] Umbrella. (Multifunctional, as well as being able to be used as a makeshift shield for a time.)
[ ] Length of rope/phone cable/wire with either a knife or something heavy tied at the end.
(Makeshift whip. Good to long range, coils up small, should be theoretically easy to use. also, can be used as a grappling hook if the need arises)

Large-
[ ] Crutches, one pair. (Yeah. Useful for keeping at a range, useful if injured)
>> No. 6988
Light:
[+] Knife
[+] Free Choice: Hammer
Heavy:
[+] Heavy Hand-Ax

Going with this for the variety and utility, which isn't offered by the other choices.
I would have preferred having a hatchet as a light, and substituted a 20-lbs sledgehammer as the heavy, but those weren't given as options, and would probably make us look a bit more psycho.
>> No. 6990
>>6884
Almost as good as a crowbar, Ms. Freeman.
>> No. 6991
Choice: Pick Two Small Weapons
[x] Hori-hori gardening knife (slashing/piercing)
[x] Work gloves, split cowhide (bludgeoning)

Choice: Pick One Large Weapon
[x] Garden fork (piercing)


Oh, I do indeed likes this.
>> No. 7002
File 122061434172.jpg - (31.44KB , 424x540 , HermitPurple.jpg ) [iqdb]
7002
Gardening. Purple. Lives alone.

I think I know who our "persona" is:

Hermit Purple

Grass/Psychic. Learns Vine Whip at level 9.
>> No. 7005
Ooh, tough call.
[ ] Knife - because damn near everyone agreed on it.
[ ] Frying pan - most votes for second small weapon.

[ ] Garden Fork - most votes for large weapon.

As a bonus, i'll throw in the [ ] Work Gloves - as it is possible to wear them and use other weapons, plus i do like the thematic point someone made about it.
>> No. 7006
It's worth noting that with this selection of weaponry we've denied ourselves forced entry. You're not going to be breaking through any doors with a knife, frying pan, or garden fork. Breaking windows will still get us into places, but we'll just have to hope no one bothered to lock anything inside.
>> No. 7008
>>7006

Most doors can be breached with a few well placed kicks to the lock rail.
>> No. 7011
Honestly, after the 'jane freeman' stuff earlier, i'm surprised no-one suggested a crowbar.
>> No. 7012
>>7011
see
>>6913
>> No. 7013
>>7006

Which is why I changed my vote to an axe.
>> No. 7014
>>7011

We're going to a populated area, right? Should be able to find a hardware store or something like that. If our experience shows our tools are lacking, we should be able change them.
>> No. 7020
Don't forget to make a trip to the local Satomi Tadashi drug store and stock up on valuable healing items.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj3qliwDFm8&feature=related&resnum=0
>> No. 7024
>>7011

>>6913 here.
the FuBar FUT is the "Rescue" version of the FuBar, which incorprated a hammer, nail puller, crowbar and board bender.

the FUT version adds a bigger striking face for the hammer, gas valve and fire hydrant wrenches, and a flame-resistant grip.
>> No. 7207
File 122079534526.jpg - (85.46KB , 500x640 , fairy.jpg ) [iqdb]
7207
Looking through the pile of crap you gathered, you notice something missing – A gardeners knife that you had last seen in... You frown. Hadn't you used it when you had been working with the gardening club at school... You blink - of course!

Grinning wildly you dash to your room and rummage around in one corner, where you had been piling your school stuff whenever you couldn't be bothered to put it away properly. After sending god only knows how many textbooks flying you manage to dig up your gardening knife – with a blade a good seven or eight inches long, sharp on one side and serrated on the other, it was a particularly vicious looking weapon. In other words, it was perfect... except for the broken strap on it's leather pouch. You wouldn't be attaching it to your belt any time soon, but then you hadn't exactly planned on doing that in the first place. Along with it you found a pair of tough leather and cloth work gloves which would protect your hands and, much to your surprise, an only pair of slim shin pads from back when you played hockey. Neither was likely to be much worth in a fight but at the moment you were willing to take all you could get. The gloves were pulled on and the shin pads just about fitted under your trouser legs.

Feeling somewhat more protected you head back to survey your pile of weapons. After some deliberation you grab a frying pan and the garden fork. The frying pan was heavy enough to bludgeon someone and, in the event that you ended up having to forage for food or something then at least you wouldn't have to cook on a rock. Thinking that, you wander into the kitchen to locate a box of matches to throw in your satchel just in case. Heading back to the front door you take a few careful swings with the fork – it was heavy enough to work like a crude, and blunt, ax but you reckoned you could easily spear things on the end of it as well if you needed to.

Right. Well then.

Arriving back at your front door you have a quick peek through the letterbox and, satisfied that the coast seemed clear you take a deep breath and pull the door open. The air outside was cold, but not so much that you would need anything more than what you wore already, although... No. As long as you didn't go too far you would be able to make it back here if the weather turned and anyway, bringing a coat along as well would be a hassle as you'd probably overheat with it on, or it'd be in the way if you carried it by hand. For now you were as prepared as you were likely to get.

Carefully you shut your door behind you and lock it, dropping the key into your pocket. Normally you'd keep it in your satchel but you didn't want to risk losing access to your only probably safe haven if you dropped your bag or something. Cautiously you head out into the street, the grass covering soft beneath your feet. That was a little disturbing, since you had been so used to waling on solid pavement for years out here but you soon adapted to the spongy springiness of the new ground and were soon making your way towards on of the nearest cars – one with a tree growing right through it. As you draw closer you hear the dull crunch of glass underfoot, likely from the smashed windows which you soon duck down to peer through.

Odd.
You had been half-expecting to see a corpse in there, maybe a skeleton or something but instead was... nothing.

Wait. No. Something moved.
You leap backwards a good foot or two and bring your fork up to bear, pointing it's prongs at the nearest window... but after nothing happens for several seconds you relax slightly. Approaching the car again you peek back in, this time looking specifically for the moving object from last time. Eventually you find it in a barely visible nook in the trunk of the tree – a tiny little... child. It no bigger than your hand and seemed to be sleeping, curled up in it's little haven – occasionally turning in it's apparent slumber, but beyond that it didn't seem to be doing anything you could identify as being dangerous to your safety. Suddenly it twists to one side and you let out a gasp at the two papery wings that seem to be sprouting from just below it's shoulder blades.

[ ] Leave it alone and keep going,
[ ] Poke it with something,
[ ] Try to wake it with noise,
[ ] Grab it and pull it out,

[X] head somewhere populated – in progress
>> No. 7208
>After sending god only knows how many textbooks flying you manage to dig up your gardening knife – with a blade a good seven or eight inches long, sharp on one side and serrated on the other, it was a particularly vicious looking weapon. In other words, it was perfect...

OH GOD I'M THE MOTHERFUCKING ECSTASY AKA DARKS JESUS CHRIST

>Cautiously you head out into the street, the grass covering soft beneath your feet. That was a little disturbing, since you had been so used to waling on solid pavement for years out here but you soon adapted to the spongy springiness of the new ground and were soon making your way towards on of the nearest cars – one with a tree growing right through it.

I love this. The entire city is our garden.

>Suddenly it twists to one side and you let out a gasp at the two papery wings that seem to be sprouting from just below it's shoulder blades.

[x] Poke it with some food. If you're going to interrupt its sleep, at least have something to offer it when it wakes.

Good thing we packed those boxed lunches, huh?
>> No. 7212
[X] Poke it with something,

Your knife. Until we get more of an explanation, I'm scapegoating the nearest thing for the city being ruined.
>> No. 7213
[X] Pick it up. Very gently.

Oh god I love faeries. Do want fairy companion...
>> No. 7215
File 122080905596.jpg - (280.11KB , 800x600 , 40a04edab5c750797914a1498cef6e70.jpg ) [iqdb]
7215
[x] Poke it with some food. If you're going to interrupt its sleep, at least have something to offer it when it wakes.

\妖精/
>> No. 7216
File 122080954110.jpg - (9.88KB , 173x308 , carxyprep.jpg ) [iqdb]
7216
[X] Pick it up. Very gently.

Wearing gloves and shin pads, picking up a knife, a goddamn frying pan, matches and inserting those all into her frickin' school bag, also carrying a gardening fork for the kick.

This girl is Crazy Prepared, yep. She must be an apprentice of Batman.
>> No. 7217
before someone asks:
INVENTORY:

Weapons:
Gardening Knife
Frying Pan
Garden Fork

Armor:
School Uniform
Gloves
Shinpads

Items:
Bento lunch x3
Water Flask (Full - Water)
First Aid Kit (3 uses)
Matches (10 uses)
Paper
Pens
>> No. 7221
File 122081587328.jpg - (19.24KB , 256x260 , 256px-Clock_Tower_1_Game.jpg ) [iqdb]
7221
Needs more shears. It'd be Clock Tower all over again.
>> No. 7227
[ ] Leave it alone and keep going
This, or,
[ ] Stand a safe distance away and yell at the fairy.
>> No. 7256
File 12208490869.png - (25.19KB , 257x207 , fairy familiar.png ) [iqdb]
7256
Fairy familiar GET

[✿] Poke it with some food. If you're going to interrupt its sleep, at least have something to offer it when it wakes.
[✿] "Why are you sleeping in my garden, little fairy?"
>> No. 7263
>It no bigger than your hand

You people sure scare easy.

[X] Pick it up. Very gently.
[x] Poke it with some food. If you're going to interrupt its sleep, at least have something to offer it when it wakes.
>> No. 7341
Looking at the, well 'fairy' is the only word you can think of to describe it, you smile slightly. At such a tiny size, and asleep to boot, you couldn't see any way that it could be a threat to you if it woke up. If it was really a fairy then perhaps magical ability would be of some threat... but this was the real world! Magic was just a...

You pause and look around at the plant life covering your street and wince slightly.

Okay, maybe magic could be a danger here - in this climate it probably would be best not to discount any possible danger, just in case. You don't know what's happened to the city - nor do you have any idea how far it spreads... But you have seen enough post apocalypse set shows on television to know that the first rule of survival is to expect the unexpected.

In that case, perhaps if you had a gift for the fairy - something to ensure it would be mollified, or at least distracted, should it be angry that you woke it up? Rummaging through your satchel you pull out one of your bento lunches and pull the wrapping off before delving inside. Fortunately this one was identical to the one you had eaten earlier, so you knew there would be a set of little pre-cooked sausages - all cut into cute little shapes. That hadn't affected your choice of lunches when buying them of course, really, you had only bought them because they were going cheap. Yes.

Sausage extracted, you hold it delicately between thumb and forefinger then carefully lean into the car through the window. You poke the fairy with your sausage, pause grimacing at how perverted that sounded in your head, then poke it again.

There's no response, just a slight shifting of sleeping position. Frowning you poke a little harder, but again you don't elicit any appreciable response from the tiny person.


[ ] Pick up the Fairy
[ ] Poke harder
[ ] Yell at it,
[ ] Leave it alone for now.
>> No. 7345
[x] Call it gently
[x] Poke harder
>> No. 7347
File 122092117824.jpg - (27.18KB , 160x160 , 01_MarinaLiteyears_1189806546.jpg ) [iqdb]
7347
[x] Pick up the Fairy
[x] Shake the Fairy

SHAKE SHAKE
>> No. 7348
[x] Honk the car horn.

That ought to do it.
>> No. 7355
[x] Convert the Fairy to Rations.
>> No. 7360
File 122092268865.png - (17.57KB , 300x300 , 228013.png ) [iqdb]
7360
[x] Call it gently and try nudging it awake again
[x] If that doesn't work, pick up the fairy

This is pretty rude, but...goddammit I can't resist. Sorry, fairy. We're lost in another dimension or something and it might be able to help us out, anyway.

>>7347
THROUGH FIRE, JUSTICE IS SERVED
>> No. 7367
[X] Destroy it while it's unresponsive
>> No. 7385
[x] whisper to the fairy "wake up or else your gonna get fingered", poke the fairy's stomach gently
[x] if it wakes up hold the food in front of her "hungry?"
>> No. 7393
Did we just poke a fairy with our sausage? Yeah, I think we just poked a fairy with our sausage.

[x] See if there's any other phallic symbols we could poke her with.
>> No. 7402
[X] Call it gently and try nudging it awake again.
[X] If that doesn't work, pick up the fairy.

As much as I'd like to strip the fairy down and molest it, this seems more sensible. And less likely to frighten it away.
>> No. 7410
[X] Yell at it, "HEY! LISTEN!"
>> No. 7412
[X] Use empty glass jar
>> No. 7468
Frowning at the sleeping fairy you sigh, your curiosity simply won't be sated until you get some kind of response from the little thing. Looking around the area, just to be careful, you spot no signs of anyone or anything else moving about. This done you lean back into the car, take a deep breath, and yell practically into the fairy's ear as loud as you can.

The response was the same as before - nothing. Not even a twitch from your yell, which you were sure could have woken everyone in the street up had you done it ... well... when there were people about and asleep.

Perhaps... you could shake it awake? It was easily small enough to pick up, and you were certain you could reach it if you stretched a bit. Had you an ax you could probably have cut through the roots and branches which held the car doors shut and made this easier on yourself. For a moment you consider heading back to get your one from home but... no. If you kept going back and forth you'd never get anywhere, besides that you didn't really need it if you could just stretch a bit an succeed anyway. Fine, you'd do it that way - lean in, grab the fairy, get out.

The first two parts of your plan work perfectly, with a bit of stretching you're able to lean in and wrap your fingers around the fairy in such a way that you can be sure of not dropping it. Carefully you pull it away from the nook in the tree it had been napping in.

And then, everything went wrong.

The fairy's eyes snapped open, startling you, but what was worse was the high pitched keening wail of apparent pain it started to admit - a wail so loud that you're forced to let of of it in order to clap your hands over your ears. The fairy remains where it is, hovering in the air just inside the car even as you're forced to stagger away and eventually fall to your knees due to the pain caused by the noise - a noise which seems to set your bones vibrating almost. Tears in your eyes you manage to look up and catch a glimpse of the fairy, only to see it burning to nothing in a cloud of sickly blue and green flames. Within moments the wailing cuts off as the last of the fairy vanishes, and you fall forwards onto all fours, gasping for air in a mix of pain and relief from pain.

What the hell just happened you don't know, you can't even begin to make a guess at.

Shakily pulling yourself to your feet you become aware of some kind of reaction to the wailing of the now destroyed fairy. To the west, down your street, are the sounds of some kind of fight-like commotion while to the east, up your street, you can make out a seemingly panicked banging of metal on metal. As if that wasn't enough you are now starting to catch glimpses, in the windows of the buildings nearby, of things - moving things... but what they are you can't tell.

[ ] Investigate the commotion
[ ] Check out the banging
[ ] Examine the buildings
>> No. 7470
File 122097884185.jpg - (43.56KB , 411x416 , 1215977408132.jpg ) [iqdb]
7470
>> No. 7473
What the fuck man. All of these options look bad, but I guess afraid, anything, doesn't, etc.

[x] Check out the banging
>> No. 7477
[x] Hide

I doubt they're friendly, and we're not going to stop anything capable of mindraping us with our available weaponry. So the way I see it we need to either get somewhere they won't notice us or run the fuck away.

We're still near our house so we should know the area rather well, meaning might know a good place to conceal ourselves real quick. We start running and we surrender that advantage, and might run into something even worse.
>> No. 7479
>>7477
>We're still near our house so we should know the area rather well, meaning might know a good place to conceal ourselves real quick.

Like a dumpster in an alleyway?
>> No. 7482
Wow, I sure didn't see that coming.

[x] Examine the buildings
>> No. 7483
[x] Check out the banging

I think the banging is the good guys!
>> No. 7484
What.

[ ] Check out the banging.
>> No. 7488
[x] KNOCK A LITTLE LOUDER, SUGAR
>> No. 7489
File 122098712056.jpg - (131.74KB , 600x847 , playwithfairies.jpg ) [iqdb]
7489
[X] Check out the banging.

In after shit gets creepy.
>> No. 7492
File 122098915922.jpg - (10.43KB , 500x341 , FOE.jpg ) [iqdb]
7492
Still shaken by what just happened, you find it difficult to come up with any good justification to go into the buildings - hell, you're finding it hard to justify going anywhere but back home. If it wasn't for the fact that going home wouldn't be of any real help at all, you would probably have been running back to your front door already. But no, you had chosen to step outside and you were going to see it through - just like you had promised on...

You frown, not exactly liking where this train of thought was heading. Did that Yukari lady have something to do with the way the world was? What had happened to the world anyway - and seemingly overnight at that. A flash of movement in a second floor window makes you shudder slightly, no way do you think that now is the time or place to stand about theorizing - that could wait until you found help, answers, or were forced to hunker down someplace safe. Gripping your fork tightly in both hands, you strain your ears to try and discern anything more about the two sources of noise you can hear.... nothing. To the east it still sounds like a fight is going on, while to the west you can only make out a random banging of metal.

Fighting implied that there was some kind of conflict in this world, though between who and on what scale you had no idea. What you did know, however, was that if there was any serious fighting you were most likely far below being well equipped for it. The banging, on the other hand, sounded vaguely like some kind of distress call to you - it seemed frantic, as if someone or something was trying to get someone's attention. Admittedly it could be just as dangerous as the fighting but... well... at least in that direction there was a chance that you might be able to do something and, more importantly, there would hopefully be no need to choose sides like there would be in a fight between two or more parties.

Decision made you raise your fork up in front of you and head, at a slow jog, towards the source of the banging noise. It turns out that the source is an obviously scared girl sitting in the branches of a tree. You can't make out much at this distance, only a smudge of purple hair and a school uniform, though not the same one as yours. From what you can tell she's banging something against lamp post that appears to be caught up in the branches of the tree she's in. It looks oddly similar to the car from before, as if the tree had grown around the post itself. A smaller tree is situated next to it, branches intertwining with those lower ones belonging to it's taller neighbor. Odd... it seems pretty easy for the girl to get down from her perch if she wanted to, so why would she be making what seemed like a distress call?

As you approach you hear the girl yell out suddenly, a terrified waver in her voice. “H-Hey! Hold it!” she yells, waving one arm to indicate the base of the tree, “Don't move! Th-They'll see you!”

You stop dead at the warning, your gaze already tracking down to ground level. There, surrounding the tree, appears to be four... things. Each looks to be, well, nothing more than a floating ball of fuzz - three of them are a pale yellow color, while the fourth is an angry red. None of them seem to be overtly dangerous but your prior experience with the fairy, as well as the fact that they seem to be clustered under the mystery girl, makes you think that they are more dangerous than they look.

[ ] Approach the tree from the front,
[ ] Yell out to the girl,
[ ] Circle around behind the tree,
[ ] Back off for the moment.
>> No. 7493
File 122099012356.jpg - (71.44KB , 640x448 , persona3ps2_003-large.jpg ) [iqdb]
7493
[x] Circle around behind the tree

I had an urge to vote for Personanon charging head on to the... uuh... things and start the BABY BABY BABY BABY, but for that she'll need to have a Persona first, which she hasn't.
>> No. 7495
[ ] Circle around behind the tree,
>> No. 7499
[ ] Yell out to the girl.

Barring that, Move closer and try again.
>> No. 7500
Oh yeah, and I forgot this. . .

EVEN IN YOUR CYOA: F O E!
>> No. 7516
[X] Approach the tree from the front
>> No. 7518
{X} Circle around behind the tree,
>> No. 7527
Thinking about it for a moment you look around and bite your lower lip in through. Despite the quite radical change that has come over the place, the actual geography of the area doesn't seem to have changed much at all - this was still your street, just in a different décor.

You smirk. That meant that despite the new vegetation everywhere, this place was still your home turf, you knew the immediate area like the back of your hand. To your left was... the old Matsuda place? Yeah, you could see the weird-shaped chimney - the result of mister Matsuda having knocked half off it off by accident when he'd been installing a new satellite dish. That meant the building opposite would be... yes, you can just about pick out the convenience store sign underneath the moss and vines that cover it. Next to that would be a small alleyway that you knew looped around behind the bakery next door and the laundrette beyond that before it came out beside the small apartment block that was just around the corner from your current position.

More importantly it came out on the other side of the trees the purple-haired girl happened to be stuck in. Assuming there was nothing down there you could easily circle around and, with a bit of luck, approach the tree from behind - where the fuzzy things hopefully wouldn't be able to see you.

Waving to the girl you point in the direction of the alley, then swing your arm around in an arc to point at her. Hopefully she would get the message that you were going to circle around and if not, well, it didn't really matter - you were going anyway. Not waiting for a reply you make a beeline for the entrance to the alley, which from here you can see has become filled what looked like a mass of roots, brambles and other rugged or thorned plant life. As you approach the alley you risk a glance at the tree and swallow slightly - one of the fuzzy things, the red one, had begun moving slowly around the tree as if it were looking for some way to makes its way up, instantly you duck behind the nearest cover - a patch of brambles that had rolled out from the alley's mouth some distance. As you peek through the gaps in the patch, you frown at the fuzzes, given that all four are them are floating a good four feet of the ground you don't exactly see why they can't simply fly up into the tree... but if they are dangerous then their apparent inability to climb up would be an important thing to remember. Even so you feel your heart practically stop as the red fuzzball floats towards you and it doesn't seem to start beating again until the thing turns away in order to resume it's slow orbit of the tree. Swallowing and taking a deep breath to calm yourself you stand and make a mad dash to cover the last few yards between you and the alley - you don't even stop when you reach it, instead planting one hand on a waist-high root and vaulting it in one clean motion, your fork clutched firmly in your other hand. You curse as you land in a pile of brambles, their thorns cutting into your legs where your shin-pads didn't protect, biting your lip to cut off the stream of swearing you manage to clamber onto a nearby dumpster, and from there up onto another thick root.

It takes several long minutes, as well as many minor injuries and scratches, to make your way through the alleyway to the other end. There you stop, panting and gasping from the exertion of scrambling through that vegetation obstacle course. A few moments later and you breathing had slowed enough for you to feel confidant in heading towards the tree... except, as you soon discovered, there was one slight problem.

Between you and the tree was the red fuzzy from earlier. Either that thing had some kind of intelligence, or this was simply a horrible joke of bad luck.


[ ] Yell for the girl
[ ] Attack the Fuzzy
[ ] Find another way
>> No. 7528
Just as a note, i'm going to try and get at least 1 update per day for this - so as to force me not to make skittles-like walls (which can take me a few days to do easily)
That said, this means i may call votes early or when there are only a few votes in order for me to try and keep to this 1 update/day plan.
>> No. 7531
[x] Yell for the girl

Goddammit FOE
>> No. 7534
[X] Attack the Fuzzy

Fuzzies are easy mode.
>> No. 7536
[x] Attack the Fuzzy

BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY
>> No. 7541
File 122108739087.jpg - (53.51KB , 500x375 , 080321p410.jpg ) [iqdb]
7541
[x] Attack the Fuzzy

Now I'll face up! I'll hold out! I'll reach out to the truth all my life seeking it~ of the whole moment to now, break awaaaay!
>> No. 7542
[x] Attack the Fuzzy

Sneak attack bonus!
>> No. 7546
For a moment you consider trying a different avenue of approach... then you pause and frown in thought. If this red fuzz was actually intelligent then it wouldn't matter what direction you came from really, would it? If it knew you were here it could react accordingly and the longer you waited, the greater the chance it might try calling for re-enforcements. Hell, there were four more fuzzes on the other side of the tree. Right now was possibly your best chance to confront it in a one on one situation as the others would take a few moments to work their way around the tree - easily long enough for you to take out the red one with a sneak attack.

You clutch your fork in now sweaty hands as you consider what you're about to do - you're going to kill something. You don't know what it is, why it's doing what it's doing or anything else about it, but you're going to kill it simply because it's between you and another person. Moving out from your hiding place you run forwards, swinging the fork up above your head as you go - with a target this small you didn't think you'd be able to stab it very easily so planned instead to simply smash the thing like a bug. The fuzz wasn't looking in your direction, so you hoped to end this in one shot.

Suddenly, with you still several feet away, it spins to fix you with it's gaze and screams a siren-like call. The next few moments seem so much longer as you watch the passably cute ball of fuzz transform - it's shadow rising up from the ground below it like a mass of living black sludge. As if it were a mass of plasticine dough being molded by a child you realize that it's starting to take a vaguely humanoid form - a torso, two arms and vague lump you assume to be a head. This assumption is clarified, in a disturbing way, as the fuzzball suddenly splits open into segments like an orange then literally turns itself inside-out to reveal one large, ugly pair of distorted lips which settle down upon the head-like lump of the black monstrosity. The lips seem to quiver for a moment, then open wide to reveal a row of human-like teeth as the freakish thing lets out another siren-call, it's arms raised to swipe at you.

Then your fork slams into it from above, splattering black ooze everywhere and, with a shudder, the creature seems to loose cohesion and simply collapse into a paste covering the floor, leaving you staring at it's remains and panting heavily in a mix of fear and sheer adrenaline rush.

Naturally that was when the other four fuzzballs came around the tree and performed similar transformations - only instead of forming lips, these fuzzes turned inside out to reveal angry, bloodshot eyeballs. You noted also that their 'arms' seemed to be larger, more muscular and ending in slightly clawed hands - these were perhaps fighters, while the red one had been a scout of some kind?

[ ] Fight
[ ] Run
[ ] Yell

[ ] Write in
>> No. 7547
[x] Run, using your knowledge of the terrain to your advantage. If they chase you, try to make it so that they reach you one by one, hoping that you can dispatch them quickly as a series of individuals rather than a four-on-one deathmatch.
>> No. 7548
Can you make it up into the tree? If so, strength in numbers. Otherwise,

[x] Run, using your knowledge of the terrain to your advantage. If they chase you, try to make it so that they reach you one by one, hoping that you can dispatch them quickly as a series of individuals rather than a four-on-one deathmatch.

sounds good.
>> No. 7549
[x] Run, using your knowledge of the terrain to your advantage. If they chase you, try to make it so that they reach you one by one, hoping that you can dispatch them quickly as a series of individuals rather than a four-on-one deathmatch.

This is giving me Megaman vibes.
>> No. 7550
[x] Run, using your knowledge of the terrain to your advantage. If they chase you, try to make it so that they reach you one by one, hoping that you can dispatch them quickly as a series of individuals rather than a four-on-one deathmatch.
>> No. 7551
[x] Run, using your knowledge of the terrain to your advantage. If they chase you, try to make it so that they reach you one by one, hoping that you can dispatch them quickly as a series of individuals rather than a four-on-one deathmatch.


ohshitohshitohshitohshit
>> No. 7591
[X] Fight. Once transformed, these awful things at least make easier targets, but with bodies made of goo, your fork might get stuck if you stabbed them. Keep swinging, and hope that they haven't gotten any faster for transforming.

Also, we need the EXP.