[Return]
Archived thread

File 122002173838.png - (54.43KB , 524x666 , remirya's babys eaten.png ) [iqdb]
6227 No. 6227
"Uuuu~!"
"Remirya's!"
"U~! U~! Mama Id hurds! Stob, stob!"

Sakuya is just standing there, shocked by the sudden change in the Remiryas' behaviour. If this goes on for much longer ...
You can see the koremirya's head start to stretch away from the body. It screws its eyes shut, purses its lips and clenches its tiny fists. It tries to scream, a soft, muffled noise though its closed mouth, tears making a mess of its features. You can't let this happen. Something inside you compels you forwards, some basic instinct, some need to help, somehow.
"What?" Sakuya says as you step past her and take hold of the koremirya yourself, interlacing your fingers with those of the adult Remiryas. Their hands are so small compared to yours that you can cover both of them with ease. You use your own strength to negate the force of their pulling motion. They're so weak that you barely need to try. The struggling koremirya feels like a lump of warm dough under your hands. It keeps crying, face shaking with the pain.
"Let go!" You say.
"U~! UUUU~!"
"Remirya's!"

"ZAAGUUYAA! ZCARY MAN IJ TAKAN REMIRYA'S BAYBEE!" One of them screams.
You glance behind you, spine suddenly going very cold. You meet Sakuya's eyes for a moment, but thankfully she's still in shock.
"Do something!" Sakuya says in panic.
You turn your gaze back to the Remiryas again, still fighting over the koremirya. You frown for a moment, thinking hard.
"UUUU~!"
"Led go!"
"U~! Mama!" The koremirya says weakly though clenched teeth, face now a deep red. You can't let go of it now or it'll be ripped in two.

You twist your arms at the shoulders, hard as you can. Both adult Remiryas get an elbow to the face at the same moment.
"Buugyu~"
They let go and fall backwards on the grass, already screaming. One of them lies there, sobbing with pain, clutching at its face, meat paste leaking from between its fingers. The other one, less damaged, starts to thrash and flail, screaming for Sakuya.
The two uninvolved adults just keep making more noise, panicking. Interesting that they don't try to help the others.
"U~ U~" The tiny koremirya sniffs, face still red, but flow of tears starting to lessen as the pain does. You hold it up for a closer look. Its head and body are bent slightly out of shape and the tiny clothes are ripped and crumpled, but you can't see the reddish-brown of leaking meat paste.
"ZAAGUUYAAA~!" One of the adults screams.
"Poor thing." You mutter, turning back to Sakuya.
She gulps and bows her head slightly, turning red. "Thank you ... I ... er ... " She says over the noise of the screaming Remirya. The other, untouched koremirya keeps flapping around her head.
"U~♪ U~♪" It sings. "Zaguya~ U~♪"
"You were in shock at their behaviour, I know." You say gently.
"U~! U~!" The koremirya reaches out to you with its stubby little arms, trying to smile again though the tears.

You feel somehow ... redeemed? Relieved? You forget about it for now, there's still a situation to deal with here.

[ ] What do you do?

>> No. 6229
[ ]Hand Sakuya the koremirya
[ ] "I have a book filled with advice on how to raise Yukkuris, it's general to the species rather than to breed but you may find it helpful. I'm afraid you'll have to buy it though."
[ ] "And if you ever need help with them or learn something interesting please feel free to get in contact with me."
[ ] Silently thank Suwacko\Kanko for getting away with it all.

Customer gettin' gaems.
>> No. 6230
[x] Stress the fact that they need proper discipline, or this will happen again.
[x] Make up a theory about Remiryas being solitary beings, and situations like this not being rare. (It may very well be true.)
[x] First Sakuya flag is up.
>> No. 6231
It should be noted that to Remiryas, the "body" is just a limb, so even if they're beheaded, they can grow a new one. Damage to the head, however, can be fatal.
>> No. 6232
>>6230
I'd like to add
[x] Stroke the koremirya's head. Both it and Sakuya will like us more.
>> No. 6234
[X]Hand Sakuya the koremirya
[X] "I have a book filled with advice on how to raise Yukkuris, it's general to the species rather than to breed but you may find it helpful. I'm afraid you'll have to buy it though."
[X] "And if you ever need help with them or learn something interesting please feel free to get in contact with me."
[X] Silently thank Suwacko\Kanko for getting away with it all.
>> No. 6236
Hooray!

[x]Hand Sakuya the koremirya
[x] Stress the fact that they need proper discipline, or this will happen again.
[x] "I have a book filled with advice on how to raise Yukkuris, it's general to the species rather than to breed but you may find it helpful. I'm afraid you'll have to buy it though."

This should do...
>> No. 6239
[X]Hand Sakuya the koremirya
[X] "I have a book filled with advice on how to raise Yukkuris, it's general to the species rather than to breed but you may find it helpful. I'm afraid you'll have to buy it though."
[X] "And if you ever need help with them or learn something interesting please feel free to get in contact with me."
[X] Silently thank Suwacko\Kanko for getting away with it all.
>> No. 6240
[X]Hand Sakuya the koremirya
[X] "I have a book filled with advice on how to raise Yukkuris, it's general to the species rather than to breed but you may find it helpful. I'm afraid you'll have to buy it though."
[X] "And if you ever need help with them or learn something interesting please feel free to get in contact with me."
[X] Tell her what you remember from the first aid section of the book.
[X] Silently thank Suwacko\Kanko for getting away with it all.
>> No. 6241
[x]Hand Sakuya the koremirya
[x] "I have a book filled with advice on how to raise Yukkuris, it's general to the species rather than to breed but you may find it helpful. I'm afraid you'll have to buy it though."
[x] "And if you ever need help with them or learn something interesting please feel free to get in contact with me."
[x] Silently thank Suwacko\Kanko for getting away with it all.
>> No. 6243
[x] Stroke the koremirya's head. Both it and Sakuya will like us more.
[x]Hand Sakuya the koremirya
[x] Stress the fact that they need proper discipline, or this will happen again.
[x] "And if you ever need help with them or learn something interesting please feel free to get in contact with me."
[x] Silently thank Suwacko\Kanko for getting away with it all.
>> No. 6251
Calling it now. Writing might not happen until tomorrow.
>> No. 6279
You hand Sakuya the koremirya. She shifts the cage to one hand and then takes the koremirya gently with the other. It's still a mess, red face covered with tears, tiny wings bent and twisted. You wonder if it will be able to fly again.
"U~♪ U~♪" It sings weakly at you as you hand it over to Sakuya, trying to hold itself to your hand with its tiny arms.
"Thank you." Sakuya mutters, stroking the koremirya, trying to soothe it.
"ZAAGUUYAA!
"WAAAAAA!"
"Uu~! Uu~!" The adults keep making noise. Sakuya glances at them, nerves obvious.
"They can wait." You say. "They're not badly damaged, just upset. Feed them some sugar and they'll be fine. That one needs some attention though." You point at the injured koremirya. Sakuya nods, still embarrassed by the whole mess.
"Th-thank you." She mutters.
"Don't mention it." You say. "Listen, I have a book filled with advice about how to take care of Yukkuris."
Sakuya looks back up at you with renewed interest. As you speak, the untouched koremirya flutters down towards Sakuya's hand.
"U~♪ U~♪" It sings.
"U~" The injured one replies weakly. The unhurt koremirya flaps closer and hangs off Sakuya's hand, gently licking the face of the injured one. You notice, a pang of emotion in your chest. You killed one of those earlier, didn't you?

Did you?

You did. Forcing the memory and the sudden shame away, you continue. Seems like Sakuya didn't notice your moment of guilt.
"The book is general to the species rather than specific to individual breeds, but I still think you'll find it useful." You say. "We've got a whole stack of them at Kourindou if you want to buy it."
Sakuya nods at you, frowning in thought.
"Look, if you ever need any help with them, or learn anything interesting, feel free to get in contact with me."
"U~♪" The injured koremirya sings at the other one, smiling a little again.
Sakuya nods again, then hesitates.
"What is it?" You ask over the sound of the wailing Remiryas.
"Um ... I'm really sorry about the other day." She says in a rush, as if apologising is hard for her.
You smile a little. "That's okay, as long as you learn from the experience."
She frowns a little at you, sighing. "I'm not a child." She says.
You grin at her on impulse, shrugging. She almost smiles back, but stifles it at the last second.
"Thank you again." She says, tone turning formal. "I have some matters to attend to." She gestures at the screaming Remiryas and the injured on in her hand.
You nod. "Sure thing. You're welcome."
"I'll be sure to contact you if any need arises." She says, hint of a smile at the corners of her mouth. "You work for Rinnosuke, yes?"
"Yeah, that's right." You say.
She half-turns to the Remiryas, placing the cage on the ground and crouching to touch the forehead of the one still screaming and flailing. As she does, you notice the injured koremirya in her hand struggling, trying to distance itself from the adults, sniffing and starting to tear up again. It reaches at you with its stubby arms, waving them in the air.

"U~! U~!" It panics.

[ ] Bid Sakuya good-bye, leave.
[ ] Something else?
>> No. 6280
[x]Suggest to Sakuya she keep the koremiryas away from the adults.
[x]Bid her goodbye.
>> No. 6281
Awwww... it likes us.
This poses a problem given our other Yukkuri are y'know, it's primary foodstuff.
>> No. 6282
[x] Stroke its head already.
[x] Tell Sakuya to discipline them properly.
[x] Bid her goodbye.
[x] On the way out, tell Meiling that things will improve soon.
>> No. 6285
[x] Stroke its head already.
[x] Suggest to Sakuya she keep the koremiryas away from the adults.
[x] Bid her goodbye.
[x] On the way out, tell Meiling that things will improve soon.
>> No. 6289
[X] Stroke its head already.
[X] Suggest to Sakuya she keep the koremiryas away from the adults.
[X] Bid her goodbye.
[X] On the way out, tell Meiling that things will improve soon.
>> No. 6311
[X] Stroke its head already.
[X] Suggest to Sakuya she keep the koremiryas away from the adults.
[X] Bid her goodbye.
[X] On the way out, tell Meiling that things will improve soon.
>> No. 6313
[X] Stroke its head already.
[X] Suggest to Sakuya she keep the koremiryas away from the adults.
[X] Bid her goodbye.
[X] On the way out, tell Meiling that things might improve soon.

We don't know (yet) if discipline and stuff will work on Remiryas. I don't want to make a promise to Meiling and then inadvertantly break it because of variables we don't know about.
>> No. 6317
[X] Stroke its head already.
[X] Suggest to Sakuya she keep the koremiryas away from the adults.
[X] Bid her goodbye.
[X] On the way out, tell Meiling that things might improve soon.
>> No. 6321
[X] Stroke its head already.
[X] Suggest to Sakuya she keep the koremiryas away from the adults.
[X] Bid her goodbye.
[X] On the way out, tell Meiling that things might improve soon.
>> No. 6322
[X] Stroke its head already.
[X] Suggest to Sakuya she keep the koremiryas away from the adults.
[X] Bid her goodbye.
[X] On the way out, tell Meiling that things might improve soon.
Indeed, best not make promises that might not hold.
>> No. 6328
>>6313
It does work, but it needs either years of persistence or an *extremely* traumatic event (such as impaling them on a pole and threatening to leave them to the Flandres).
>> No. 6329
>>6328
Like everything else with yukkuri, this is a very writer-sensitive "fact", we'll just have to see what works. Even though it is pretty common to depict them as even more hard-headed than most other yukkuri the exact extent of discipline needed varies. This might be on our list of stuff to study. If we feel like it. Now back to the bat cave, we have alices to "take care of".
>> No. 6330
>>6329
>Like everything else with yukkuri

Not everything, there are certain set facts. As for the Remiryas, they are possibly the most selfish amongst the already incredibly selfish yukkuri kind, so making them follow rules will be very hard. Maybe it won't require the example I gave, but it will be hard.
>> No. 6334
Calling it now, but again, writing might not happen until tomorrow.
>> No. 6338
You reach down to touch the panicking koremirya. Its eyes light up with recognition and happiness as you gently stroke its head through the tiny little hat.
"U~♪ U~♪" It sings up at you, grinning open-mouthed now. The red tint to its skin is fading now, returning to the doughy colour of all Yukkuri skin. You can't help but smile back at it, despite how retarded it looks.
Sakuya's touch seems to be having a similar soothing effect on the screaming adult Remirya. She strokes its face and pops something into its mouth. It stops making so much noise and the others cluster around it.
"U~!"
"Uuu~?"
"Zaguyaaa ... "
The Remirya with the injured face bumps into Sakuya, sobbing gently, and she carefully takes its hands away from its face. There is a split along its chin, but the wound is already sealing itself with a disgusting flapping, sucking motion. Sakuya pats it on the head and feeds it some chocolate, which it gobbles hungrily.
"They heal fast." You say, impressed.
"Yes." Sakuya says. "They seem to share some of the regenerative powers of ... er ... My Mistress."
You notice she pronounces the last two words with a hushed reverence that she didn't use when referring to the Remiryas. You glance back down to the injured koremirya, which is now rubbing its face against your hand with a kind of 'uuuuu~' noise very much like purring. As you watch, the other, uninjured one flaps over to your hand as well and starts rubbing its head against you.

"I think you should keep the koremiryas away from the adults." You say on impulse. These little things are so fragile. If nobody was around when the adults started fighting over them, then this one would have been torn apart.
Sakuya looks down at the injured koremirya again. "Ah ... " She says, trailing off. "Yes, I think you might be right."
You nod, giving the koremirya a final pat on the head.
"U~! U~!" It panics again as you take your hand away.
Sakuya smiles at it, glancing at you. "Seems like it's taken a shine to you." She says.
You nod, feeling a little uncomfortable. Is it reacting like that because you saved it? Or just because you were stroking it?
"I should get going." You say over the growing chorus of noise from the little herd of Remiryas. The one in the cage just keeps flapping around and around, oblivious to everything around itself.
"Uu~!"
"U~♪ U~♪"
"Remirya wands buddin!"
"Mama!"
"Zaguya~"
"U~! U~!"
Sakuya nods, giving you a thin but sincere smile. "Good-bye, thank you again."
"U~! U~!" The injured koremirya tires to reach at you once more as you turn away and walk back through the trashed garden.

Once outside the gates again, you are faced with a very worried looking Meiling.
"Was everything okay in there?" She asks, laying a hand on your arm. "I heard Sakuya, did she find out?"
You shake your head, reminded for a moment of what you did to the little koremirya out here.

It had to be done. Had to. Had to. Had to. Had to. Had to. You had to do it. No choice, not your fault, not ... not your fault and not your responsibility.
"Hey?" Meiling's voice brings you back to reality. You take a deep breath, unaware that you had stopped breathing.
"You alright?"
You nod. "Yeah, fine thanks." You smile, pushing away the odd motion inside your chest. "Anyway ... I had a talk with Sakuya." You say.
Meiling's eyes go wide and she almost gasps.
"No no." You say. "Everything is fine. I just er ... made her see that she has to control the Remiryas properly. Things might just get better around here now."
Meiling breaks into an unexpected smile, positively beaming at you. "Oh, thank you." She says, giving your arm a little squeeze, then turning bright red and taking her hand away.
"I-I m-mean I'm v-very grateful." She half-bows.
You almost laugh, but manage to hold it in. "Good luck." You say to her.
She smiles at you again, but still blushing. "Thank you again."
You give her a conspiratorial wink as you head away from the Mansion, back along the road to the village and Kourindou.

The rest of the morning and early afternoon pass as usual, you barely think about Yukkuris at all. Rinnosuke has you sorting through a number of broken or near-broken cd players. You manage, after a short while, to explain to him how they work, even managing to get an old and scratched Bob Marley album to play on one of them.

Now that's taking it easy.

You wonder what the Yukkuris would think about music, as 'Jamming' plays in your ears, accompanied by the gentle noise of the Yukkuris from the other end of the store.
"Yu~!"
"Yu~?"
"Yu yu yu~!"
You file away the idea for later. As the afternoon draws on and work slows, Rinnosuke comes back from haggling with some merchants over the price of a bunch of Thermos flasks.
"Almost done for the day?" He asks you.
"Yeah." You nod. "Got all I can out of these." You nod at the mess of audio components.
"I think we can call it a day, no more customers for now." Rinnosuke removes his glasses and yawns, rubbing his eyes.. "See you tomorrow?"

[ ] Sure, bid Rinnosuke good-bye, go home for the day.
[ ] Suggest you take a look at that pregnant Alice now.
[ ] Examine or buy a Yukkuri.
[ ] Something else?
>> No. 6341
[x] Suggest you take a look at that pregnant Alice now.
>> No. 6342
[Q] Suggest you take a look at that pregnant Alice now
>> No. 6345
[X] Suggest you take a look at that pregnant Alice now.
>> No. 6347
[ゆ] Suggest you take a look at that pregnant Alice now.
>> No. 6351
[x] Visit the Alice you got pregnant. I mean, the Yukkuri one.
>> No. 6353
[x] Sure, bid Rinnosuke good-bye, go home for the day.

Alice can wait for later! Take it easy!
>> No. 6356
[X] Suggest you take a look at that pregnant Alice now.
>> No. 6386
[x] Sure, bid Rinnosuke good-bye, go home for the day.

If Kourin sees anything he'll probably contact us.
>> No. 6394
Calling it now. Off to see your Alice-type.
>> No. 6402
"Actually, mind if I look in on that Alice-type before I head home?" You ask Rinnosuke as you give your limbs a good stretch.
"Hm? Sure." He replies. "I'm curious about their pregnancy cycle as well."
You and Rinnosuke head through the back of the shop and into the large storeroom.
"Yu~!"
"DIIIIIIIIICKS!"
"Alice Alice! Yu~!"
"Yu~"
"U~♪ U~♪"
The room is full of noise, but not particularly loud. The pair of Myons are happily bouncing around, bouncing off each other and eating. The single remaining Remirya flaps around and around as usual, bumping into the cage walls. The large cage full of Alice-types seems much as it did before, although the Yukkuris themselves seem a little different. You and Rinnosuke step forward to have a closer look.
"Yu~!" The closest Alice-type notices you both and looks up. "A-Alice is from the city, so please easy! Let us get refreshed easy!"
"Yu~! Refreshed with Marisa easy!"
"Yu~! Yu~!"
"Alice is from the city, so Marisa will easily take Alice's love! Yu~!"
Rinnosuke's three Alice-types bounce up and down at the front of the cage, talking ceaselessly. They all look slightly forlorn and sad, although every now and again they will rub against each other with a kind of comforting motion, accompanied by lots of soft 'yu~' sounds.

In contrast, the pregnant Alice-type you caught this morning stays at the other side of the cage. Your eyes go wide when you spot it sitting there. It's ballooned in size, gained almost half its own body weight over the day. You notice that all the food bowls are empty. The fat (or heavily pregnant?) Alice-type joins in with its companions' noise, but it only bounces lightly, and doesn't say anything about getting refreshed.
"Yu~! Yu~!" It becomes much more animated as Rinnosuke refills the food bowls. It starts to hungrily gorge itself, pellets falling from its soft, doughy lips as it tries to eat too much at once, shoving more and more food into its mouth. The other Alice-types bounce over and start eating as well, but the large one pushes them out of the way now and again.
"Yu~!"
"Alice is from the city, so you should move!"
"Yu yu~!" One of them falls on its side.
"Alice has baby growing inside, so I need more food!" It says through another mouthful. The others don't seem to protest much, just going back to their food afterwards.

"Interesting." Rinnosuke comments.
"Yeah." You say, not able to tear your gaze from the horrible sight of the Alice-types stuffing themselves.
"I wonder how long it takes for the koyukkuri to come to term." He says.
You shrug.
"Sure are hungry though, aren't they?" Rinnosuke asks. "At least the mother is eating well."

There's something going on here, but you can't quite put your finger on it.

[ ] Experiment or investigate somehow. (How?)
[ ] Forget about this, go home.
[ ] Examine or buy a Yukkuri.
[ ] Something else?
>> No. 6406
[ ] Experiment or investigate somehow.
[X] Alice is huge! That means Alice has huge babies! RIP & TEAR YOUR BABIES!
>> No. 6407
[X] Experiment or investigate somehow. (Vivisection)
>> No. 6411
[x] Forget about this, go home.
>> No. 6412
[ ] Forget about this, go home.

Yukkureimu and Patchy need too be checked up on. To make sure they havent died of something or other.
>> No. 6414
[Q] Forget about this, go home.

Can't think of anything else.
>> No. 6415
[x] Try scaring the Alice.
>> No. 6416
[ ] Experiment or investigate somehow.

Wait, who knocked her up? Another Alice?
>> No. 6417
>>6416

Yes, A bit of SHAKE SHAKE was added also. It happened earlier in the story.
>> No. 6418
[X] Experiment or investigate somehow. (How?)
[Y] Observe the TYPE-ALICEs from a different room (if possible, otherwise just hang around and watch them closely.)
Something's amiss, we have to investigate, as we don't have enough data yet. The yukkuris at home will be just fine.
>> No. 6419
[x] Experiment or investigate somehow. (How?)
[x] Observe the TYPE-ALICEs from a different room (if possible, otherwise just hang around and watch them closely.)

FOR SCIENCE!
>> No. 6422
Aww, no branches in this story? :(
>> No. 6423
[X] Forget about this, go home.
>> No. 6424
[x] Experiment or investigate somehow. (How?)
[x] Observe the TYPE-ALICEs from a different room (if possible, otherwise just hang around and watch them closely.)

Gonna have to talk with Rinnosuke 'bout setting up some kind of proper observation cage or something so we can see them without them knowing.
>> No. 6426
[x] Experiment or investigate somehow. (How?)
[x] Observe the TYPE-ALICEs from a different room (if possible, otherwise just hang around and watch them closely.)
>> No. 6427
[X] Forget about this, go home.
>> No. 6431
>Gonna have to talk with Rinnosuke 'bout setting up some kind of proper observation cage or something so we can see them without them knowing.

This seems like a waste of resources. There isn't really anything that would suggest they would change their behavior if no one was present. Yukkuri generally seem to do their own thing without regard for what humans think of them, like when the Alices started gangraping the koyukkuri while we were standing a few feet away.
>> No. 6432
>>6431

Think harder. The possibilities, with such a setup, for delicious psycho-torture are beautiful - the fact it can be used for proper observation is merely a useful side-effect of this.

Besides, Yukkuri have been known to do things only when people aren't around (re: wrecking the place mainly) and if we are conducting proper research, as Rinnosuke wants us to be doing, we should be able to observe what yukkuri do when not supervised.

because Yukkuri who are well behaved unsupervised are obviously going to sell much, much better than those who are little psycho shits when left alone.

And frankly, do you want them to trash anons house for him to find this out? Or shall we do it in a simulated environ?
>> No. 6433
>>6422
Both birthing methods will be included.
>> No. 6434
[X] Forget about this, go home.
>> No. 6435
>delicious psycho-torture
An excellent reason to avoid building such a thing. Our psychotic impulses are bad enough already without a fucking torture chamber at our disposal.
>> No. 6436
>>6422
According to the guide, they will get fatter even if using the tendril method. Which does make sense.

>>5082
>> No. 6438
>Gonna have to talk with Rinnosuke 'bout setting up some kind of proper observation cage or something so we can see them without them knowing.

This. Either a cage with peepholes or a camera (are there working cameras in Kourindou?). Also on the subject of observation, I think we should try to raise a koyukkuri.
>> No. 6440
[X] Experiment or investigate somehow. (How?)
[X] Observe the TYPE-ALICEs from a different room (if possible, otherwise just hang around and watch them closely.)
[X] Take the pregnant Alice-type home.
>> No. 6468
>>6436
Actually, they'll only get fatter with the tendril method if they eat, cue alice rape victims that often shrivel away due to the tendrils eating away all their innards.
>> No. 6469
>>6468
Yes, but notice how the raped alice has been eating.
>> No. 6471
[X] Experiment or investigate somehow. (Update)
>> No. 6474
>>6469
I know, it was more a general of a comment.
>> No. 6475
Sorry about the long wait, I was very busy. Writing is happening now.
>> No. 6479
"I think we should wait." You say to Rinnosuke, mentally shrugging at the Alice-type's behaviour.
He nods in agreement. "I want to see the entire birthing cycle."
"Mmm, exactly." You say, watching the Alice-types for a few more moments, big doughy yellow blobs bouncing around in their cage. You shudder at something, but you're not even sure why.

After feeding the Yukkuris in the main cage, you bid Rinnosuke good bye and head home for the day. Outside, the sun is dipping towards the horizon, but it'll be a long time until nightfall. You're perfectly safe on your way home. The soft early-evening light casts an orange glow on everything around you as you walk back along the forest path. As you pass the spot where you killed those Alice-types this morning, you note with dispassionate pleasure that there is no trace of the carnage. The ground is clear of that yellow gunk and the Alice-type you impaled on the tree is long gone. Interestingly enough, there is nothing at all left on the branch you rammed through its body, not a scrap nor a smear. Must have been licked clean by Remiryas.

At least they're good for something.

You reach your home, feeling somehow satisfied and glad. Once inside, you shut the door behind you as always and put your bag down, stretching your arms and walking over to the kitchen sideboard to put the kettle on. While it boils, you head into the sitting room. Time to say hello to your Yukkuris and give them a good feeding. Perhaps you can learn something from Rinnosuke's feeding methods, or maybe you should try something else.
"Yu~! Take it easy!" As soon as you enter the sitting room your Yukkureimu bounces right up to the front of the cage, grinning at you open-mouthed. It bounces up and down a couple of times.
"Hello mister!" It says as you step over and peer into the cage.
"Hello." You reply to it, feeling somehow touched by its simple display of happiness at your return.

Wait ... what ...

"Yu~?" Your Yukkureimu sees your expression of confusion. "Ta-take it easy!" It says, hesitating a little.
"What happened here?" You ask, not directing your question at the Yukkureimu in particular.
"Yuuuu~" The Yukkureimu seems somewhat sad, looking down.
This is strange, but not particularly worrying. The Patchokkuri is sitting off to the side of the cage, fast asleep, breathing gently. It's eyes are closed and it seems very relaxed. It's also bigger than it was this morning. Not by much, not like how the Alice-type ballooned in size, but still visibly larger.

One of the little houses, the book and half of the shredded bedding material is missing.

You crouch down to peer at the Patchokkuri. It seems absolutely fine, sleeping soundly. You look back to the Yukkureimu.
"What happened?" You ask it gently.
"Yu~!" It perks up at the sound of your voice, bouncing once. "Patchy was hungry easy! She ate everything so I hid!" It says, trembling a little.
You glance back at the Patchokkuri.
"What the fuck?" You mutter, confused. You've never heard of Yukkuri eating anything that wasn't food.
"Yu~! Reimu didn't eat stuff easy! Reimu is hungry! Reimu is hungry easy!" The Yukkureimu bounces up and down, looking at you with pleading eyes.

[ ] Feed the Yukkureimu (method?)
[ ] Check 'Caring for Yukkuri' for anything about abnormal eating habits.
[ ] Investigate the Patchokkuri (how?)
[ ] Replace the bedding in the cage.
[ ] Something else?
>> No. 6481
[ ] Feed the Yukkureimu (Start feeding them as Kourin was. They know when to stop)
[ ] Replace the bedding in the cage.
[ ] Check 'Caring for Yukkuri' for anything about abnormal eating habits.
In order.
>> No. 6482
[ ] Feed the Yukkureimu (Start feeding them as Kourin was. They know when to stop)
[ ] Replace the bedding in the cage.
[ ] Check 'Caring for Yukkuri' for anything about abnormal eating habits.
[ ] Find some way to keep Patchy away from Reimu overnight.

Either our Patchy has babies, or is going to grow a body a'la a Remirya.
>> No. 6483
File 122031161864.jpg - (268.38KB , 750x1000 , 3887e746b7e130891ac31eb5e34e8c10-1.jpg ) [iqdb]
6483
[ゆ] Feed the Yukkureimu (Start feeding them as Kourin was. They know when to stop)
[ゆ] Replace the bedding in the cage.
[ゆ] Check 'Caring for Yukkuri' for anything about abnormal eating habits.
[ゆ] Find some way to keep Patchy away from Reimu overnight.
>> No. 6484
File 122031189337.jpg - (275.92KB , 750x1000 , 1220183704133.jpg ) [iqdb]
6484
>>6483
>> No. 6485
[x] Feed the Yukkureimu (Start feeding them as Kourin was. They know when to stop)
[x] Replace the bedding in the cage.
[x] Check 'Caring for Yukkuri' for anything about abnormal eating habits.
>> No. 6487
[x] Feed the Yukkureimu (Start feeding them as Kourin was. They know when to stop)
[x] Check 'Caring for Yukkuri' for anything about abnormal eating habits.
[x] Punish the Patchouli when it wakes up, unless there's a very good reason it did this.

Patchoulis go down with one hit, I doubt we need to keep Reimu away from it.
>> No. 6488
[X] Feed the Yukkureimu (Start feeding them as Kourin was. They know when to stop)
[X] Replace the bedding in the cage.
[X] Check 'Caring for Yukkuri' for anything about abnormal eating habits.
>> No. 6489
I'm still awake for once, so another update is on it's way now.
>> No. 6490
>>6489
What timezone are you in?
>> No. 6492
>>6490
Britfagland.
>> No. 6493
Are we still gonna make our Yukkuri say please?

Sure hope so. Gotta be constant when training pets.
>> No. 6494
You sigh, this is annoying. You thought dealing with these two Yukkuri would be a little more straightforward than this.
"Yu~! Reimu is hungry!"
Oh well, at least you can give them a good home and plenty to eat. Pets aren't all fun and games. You open the little door on the top of the cage and take the food bowl out.
"Mister?" The Yukkureimu asks. "Food for Reimu easy? F-food easy?" It bounces back and fourth, unsure. You take out the bag of 'Eat it Easy' and fill the bowl to the brim, placing it on the floor outside the cage.
"Yu~! Yuuuuu~" The Yukkureimu presses itself to the mesh of the cage, starting to drool a little. "M-mister! Let Reimu out easy! Reimu is hungry!"
You can't help but smile at its simplicity as you unlatch the side door. The Yukkureimu bounces through, grinning with glee as it slides up to the bowl and starts to munch on pellets.
"Yu~!"
It chews and swallows. Not in a rush, but leisurely, taking its time. Taking it easy. Its cheeks bulge outwards from the volume of food inside.
"This shit's good!" It says through the mouthful of food. "I can take it really easy now Mister!"
You glance at the Patchokkuri. It hasn't awoken yet. You rustle the food bag a little, but it doesn't react at all, just keeps breathing softly, eyes closed.

Weird.

While the Yukkureimu keeps eating slowly, you head into the kitchen and rummage through all the Yukkuri stuff that Rinnosuke gave you. There's enough of the bedding stuff to replace what the Patchokkuri ate. You take it back into the sitting room.
"Yu~!" The Yukkureimu bounces over to you as you enter the room. "Reimu can take it really easy Mister!" It says, rubbing against your foot.
"Good." You say, meaning it. "Take it easy."
"Take it easy!" It says, looking smug. You let it bounce around the room while you replace the Yukkuri's bedding, only once having to stop it from investigating an electrical socket.
"Dangerous." You say, holding it back with one hand.
"Yu~?"
"If you touch the socket in the wall, you'll never be able to take it easy again."
The Yukkureimu's eyes go wide at your words and it trembles a little, shrinking away from the wall socket.
"R-reimu wants to t-take it easy!" It says, scared.
"You can always take it easy." You say, smiling. "Just don't touch those." You gesture at the socket.
The Yukkureimu nods, rocking its entirely body back and fourth to achieve the motion. "Yu~! Mister is clever easy!" It says. Maybe not too clever, you think as you realise you forgot to make the Yukkureimu say please when you fed it.

As you finish replacing the bedding in the cage, you notice the Patchokkuri is still fast asleep, despite the noise and motion of you moving around it. Even the constant 'yu~' sounds from the Yukkureimu doesn't seem to disturb its sleep. You peer closely at it. Doesn't seem hurt in any way, looks perfectly content and peaceful.

[ ] Leave it alone for now.
[ ] Try to wake it (how?)

Active hold: [ ] Check 'Caring for Yukkuri' for anything about abnormal eating habits.
>> No. 6495
[]Ask the reimu for advice.

It's stupid, but it still might know a thing or two about what patchy is doing. Hell maybe it can translate for us
>> No. 6496
[X] Leave it alone for now.
>> No. 6497
[Q] Try to wake it (Flick it's forehead. Lightly, of course.)
>> No. 6498
[x]Ask the Reimu for advice.

Mabye it knows about hibernation or something. Can't hurt to ask.

>electrical socket
and then anon was a kappa.
>> No. 6499
[x]Ask the Reimu for advice.
And if it doesn't know-
[x] Try to wake it (Flick it's forehead. Lightly at the beginning, then with increasing force until it wakes up.)
>> No. 6500
[x] Try to wake it (Flick it's forehead. Lightly at the beginning, then with increasing force until it wakes up.)
>> No. 6510
File 122032480716.gif - (901.51KB , 313x204 , 1219719929155.gif ) [iqdb]
6510
[x] Try to wake it (Play a guitar in front of the Yukkureimu)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrTGBq74wg

In case you didn't get it yet.
>> No. 6516
[x]Ask Reimu for advice.
[x] Try to wake it (Flick it's forehead. Lightly at the beginning, then with increasing force until it wakes up.)
>> No. 6518
[X] Check 'Caring for Yukkuri' for anything about abnormal eating habits.
Guys, we have the book, why aren't we fucking reading it instead of using inferior methods of information gathering? Sure shows that the majority of this board's people are americunts, absolutely no respect for books what so ever.
>> No. 6519
>>6518
Because of
>Active hold: [ ] Check 'Caring for Yukkuri' for anything about abnormal eating habits.
>> No. 6520
>>6518

Calm down, boy. You're making a spectacle of yourself.
>> No. 6535
[X] Check 'Caring for Yukkuri' for anything about abnormal eating habits.
Before,
[x] Try to wake it (Flick it's forehead. Lightly at the beginning, then with increasing force until it wakes up.)

Checking the book may help us better prepare once we wake up the Patchy. Also, better make sure it doesn't have an upset stomach after eating all those... Things. Better that we fix whatever issues it has before it eats the Yukkureimu overnight.

Book aren't always correct, better understanding always comes from experience and "Trial and Error" investigation. Also, the book might not have any content relating to this or may not have accurate information. Books are not always the best way to finding solutions.
>> No. 6538
[x]Ask Reimu for advice.
[x] Wake it, shake it

Less of a rude awakening.
>> No. 6539
Hey guys, I´m a bit new to this whole Yukkuri thing, any place where there are more of these stories or pics? Also, does anyone have part 1 of this series, seems to have been auto-saged off the board.
>> No. 6540
>>6539
Thread 2: >>5253
Thread 1: >>4919
3 should still be on page0.

First start with the wiki. http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Yukkuri
Best place for content would be to follow the yukkuri thread on /jp/. Current one is http://zip.4chan.org/jp/res/1235271.html
At the top there are links to the previous thread (if still alive), yu.doc and a collection of translated images. Get yu.doc if you want to read summaries of stories written by the japanese (and a few western ones, a good number of them crap). Get the translated image packs if you want to look at images of them being cute, being brutally murdered/tortured, or a combination of the two (in the same image). If you couldn't tell, there is a lot of nasty content on these things.


>>6518
Guess which is faster, consulting the book or asking? And if we even get an answer and not just "yuu.... I don't know", guess which will be more accurate?
>> No. 6541
>>6540

Helpfull anon is helpfull!

[X] Consult book while asking! Double whammy!
>> No. 6543
>>6540
The book will be more accurate, even if we do get an answer. Besides, we can gleam off other possibly important data by reading, not just the thing we're needing right now.
>> No. 6544
>>6543
because humans know more about yukkuri than yukkuri, right?
>> No. 6546
Guess which is faster, consulting the book or asking? And if we even get an answer and not just "yuu.... I don't know", guess which will be more accurate?

I can see it now.
"Mister, Patchy has to drink that!"
"But that's gasol-"
"Give her that!"

In any case, let's ask Reimu, and ignore her unless she says something really plausible. And check the book, too.
>> No. 6547
>>6546
I meant more like "Do you know if patchy is pregnant?" or "Why did she eat the bedding and her book?". Simple questions that it might actually be able to answer and are less likely to be in the general guide book. Plus, as I said, the reimu might be able to translate patchy's "mukyu"s. She is at least able to tell when the patchy is upset.
>> No. 6548
Calling it now. Interesting decision, I'll do some blending.
>> No. 6552
You glance back and fourth between the Yukkureimu and the Patchokkuri. No ... you can't, this is silly.

Worth a shot though.

"Reimu." You say, getting the Yukkureimu's attention instantly. It stops bouncing up and down on a cushion and instead moves over to you.
"Yu~?"
You point at the peacefully sleeping Patchokkuri. "Why did Patchy eat all that stuff?" You ask, speaking slowly and clearly. This certainly feels weird, are you really going to get a sensible answer from a Yukkuri?
"... Yu~! Patchy was really hungry easy!" It says.
You sigh, gently patting the Yukkureimu. Not its fault it's stupid as a brick.
"And why was she hungry?" You ask.
"..." The Yukkureimu just stares up at you for a moment, confused. "Take it easy?"
"Take it easy." You automatically reply, glancing back at the Patchokkuri. You knew this was a useless tactic, now you feel stupid.
"Why isn't it waking up?" You mutter to yourself.
"Yu~!" The Yukkureimu bounces against your hand, getting your attention. It looks up from under your palm with wide, staring eyes.
"Patchy's having an easy sleep so she gets bigger!" It says.
"Wha ... " You turn the Yukkureimu's words over in your head. "Patchy's getting bigger?" You ask.
"Yu~" The Yukkureimu nods.

Perhaps they need to sleep to properly assimilate new mass. That doesn't make much sense though. No usual biology seems to hold true for these things.

"Do you want to take it easy in your home again?" You ask the Yukkureimu.
"Yu~!" When you put it down it happily bounces back though the cage door and you place the food bowl inside as well. They seem to know when to stop eating anyway, so it must be safe. You close the door firmly behind it, throwing the little latch.
You find the copy of 'Caring for Yukkuri' and sit down on the sofa. The Yukkureimu said that the Patchokkuri is getting bigger. Perhaps this is expected behaviour? Opening the book, you flick through the chapter on feed and feeding habits.

'Feeding Your Yukkuri.

As with any pet, it is important to feed your Yukkuri every day. Yukkuri do not require any special foods, nor do they require a lot of food. To keep your Yukkuri in good physical health it should eat at least 50-60 pellets of 'Eat it Easy' every day (this is roughly two handfuls, but take care not to underestimate the amount).

However, your Yukkuri will almost always ask for much more food than this and may express interest in other foods. While 50-60 pellets of 'Eat it Easy' will keep a Yukkuri in good health, this small volume of food will not be enough to allow your Yukkuri to 'Take it easy'. When possible, you should try to give the Yukkuri as many pellets as it can eat.

Yukkuri are able to adapt to regular mealtimes, though they will ask for food between meals. It is also safe to allow your Yukkuri to graze on a constant supply of food. It will not ration its own food, but it will not overeat. It is also possible to simulate a natural foraging environment for your Yukkuri. (see 'foraging' for more details on how to manage this method of feeding).'

You skip forward, over the sections on water, feeding koyukkuri, foraging, and special requirements, reaching the part about feeding pregnant Yukkuri. It says nothing other than that they need to be given as much food as they ask for in order to ensure a safe pregnancy and healthy koyukkuri, telling you to check the section on breeding and koyukkuri for other information. Those don't seem to hold any new advice about feeding either. You flip back to 'special requirements' in the Feeding section, but that seems to all be about feeding Remiryas and making sure Yukkuris don't fight over food.
So what the hell is happening with the Patchokkuri? You get up and walk over to the cage, open the top door and reach inside.
"Yu~!" The Yukkureimu notices you and smiles, interrupting its game of trying to hide under the bedding material. "Hello Mister!"
You ignore it for the moment, preoccupied with your curiosity. You gently pick the Patchokkuri up, but it still doesn't awaken. You take it out of the cage with both hands and sit back down on the sofa, placing the Patchokkuri on your lap. It continues sleeping, breathing softly.
"Hello?" You ask it.
"Hello Mister!" The Yukkureimu inside the cage responds. You sigh and roll your eyes.

You prod the Patchokkuri in the forehead. It makes a little noise, shuffles slightly, but doesn't awaken.

[ ] Keep flicking it, wake it up.
[ ] Put it back.
[ ] Something else?
>> No. 6554
[x] Put it back.
[x] Leave some food in the cage in case it wakes up hungry.
>> No. 6555
[x] Find a needle. Poke it lightly.
>> No. 6556
[X] Keep flicking it, stoping if it displays signs of discomfort.
>> No. 6558
[X] Keep flicking it, wake it up.
>> No. 6559
[x] Put it back.
[x] Leave some food in the cage in case it wakes up hungry.

The reimu was no help, and the patch has been even worse so far. Waking it up is pointless
>> No. 6561
Why would we even want to wake it up? It's not like it could explain why it did what it did, all it can say is Muguu~ and BOOOOOKK. It might have a good reason for being asleep, like metamorphosis, pregnancy, or something like that.
>> No. 6562
>>6561
>Muguu~
>> No. 6563
{X} Put it back.
{X} Leave some food in the cage in case it wakes up hungry.
>> No. 6564
[X] Keep flicking it, wake it up.
It has to be scolded for scaring Reimu, and for the damage it did.
>> No. 6565
[x] Put it back.
[x] Leave some food in the cage in case it wakes up hungry.
>> No. 6566
[x] Put it back.
[x] Leave some food in the cage in case it wakes up hungry.

>>6564

I wouldn't understand WHY it's being scolded. For all we know there could be some special condition that's forcing her/it to do so.
>> No. 6567
>>6566
It will understand if we explain in simple words, e.g. "You scared your friend".
>> No. 6568
[ ] Keep flicking it, wake it up.

Why did Patchy eat her book?
>> No. 6572
>>6568

Brain food...
....

I'll get my coat.
>> No. 6573
>>6544>>6546>>6547
I told you so.
You had this coming, don't you dare to whine now.
[x] Put it back.
[x] Leave some food in the cage in case it wakes up hungry.
>> No. 6574
>>6573
>You had this coming, don't you dare to whine now
OH NO! WE FELT STUPID FOR ASKING A QUESTION! WHAT EVER WILL WE DO NOW? IT'S OVER. THIS CYOA IS FINISHED.... WAIT!
[]back 56 choices

It's not like we lost anything, and the reimu did say patch is growing. There's nothing to whine about.
>> No. 6575
[x] Put it back.
[x] Leave some food in the cage in case it wakes up hungry.
>> No. 6576
>>6573
You're trying to say we shouldn't have asked? We learned more from the Reimu than we did from the book. What's there to whine about?
>> No. 6580
Calling the votes. I'll write now, but it'll be slow because I'm tired.
>> No. 6587
[x] Put it back.
[x] Leave some food in the cage in case it wakes up hungry.

>>6576
>>6574

Don't mind him, he's just an annoying idiot.
>> No. 6588
>>6580
Fuck, too tired, not working properly. Tomorrow.
>> No. 6710
>>6588

FUCK YEAH, YOU ARE THE GREATEST WRITEFAG EVAR!1!!1!
>> No. 6726
>>6588
Now is tomorrow!
>> No. 6727
Okay okay, I'm writing now. Take it easy.
>> No. 6729
>>6726

But tomorrow never comes...

:(
>> No. 6732
This is a bad idea, you think as you heft the Patchokkuri in both hands. It's definitely heavier than it was yesterday, so your eyes aren't fooling you. Its sleep seems regular and peaceful, so disturbing it would probably be unwelcome. You have no real idea how these things work on a physiological level (all the better that you have that Alice-type for study now). The Patchokkuri could have a very good reason for eating all that stuff and then sleeping it off. Perhaps it's a natural reaction to being removed from its 'herd', the Yukkuris at Kourindou. Perhaps it's sick and this is part of a healing process. Perhaps it's just tired from getting used to your house. The Patchokkuris are supposed to be particularly weak anyway, right? In any case, you should let its natural rhythms complete themselves, otherwise you might hurt it indirectly.
Gently, you place the Patchokkuri back inside the cage, settling it into the bedding material so it doesn't get cold by accident.
"Yu~?" The Yukkureimu looks confused, but just smiles again when you top the food bowl right up to the brim. Better make sure there's enough in there in case the Patchokkuri needs more food for whatever it's doing.
"Yu~ Yu~" The Yukkureimu bounces over and takes a mouthful of food, chewing slowly. Then it bounces off again, burrowing in and out of the bedding material, playing. You smile to yourself and then leave the Yukkuris to themselves for a while.

Dinner is the usual stew, plenty of vegetables and lots of seasoning. You watch the darkening forest outside as you wash up afterwards. It's so peaceful and quiet out here, far away from the hustle and bustle of village life. You close your eyes for a moment, thinking of how uncommonly busy the last couple of days have been. You'd like to see Meiling again if you can wrangle it somehow, but you'd settle for Sakuya in a better mood. The memory of Rinnosuke's teasing about Alice buying a Yukkuri flits across your mind for a moment and you almost grin despite of yourself. Perhaps you should go pay Alice a visit? God knows she could do with the company.

When you open your eyes again, the light outside has dimmed a faction more. The orange glow casting ...

Wait ...

What's that scrap of purple amongst the trees? Looks almost like someone hurrying into the forest. You stop and stare for a moment. Nobody uses this route into the forest, it's as far from the protection of the Hakurei shrine as you can get. Out here is safe enough, but that route would take you right into the heart, straight to the river if you kept going. The only reason someone would take that is if they didn't want to be seen entering the forest, to loop around the the other side without being noticed. Nobody would be going that deep, alone.
You crane your neck to catch a better glimpse, but the figure is already too far in to see clearly. All you can tell is that the person is short and probably travelling light seeing from how fast they're moving.

You ...

[ ] Go outside and investigate.
[ ] Forget about it, but remember to lock up tight tonight, just in case.
>> No. 6734
[x] Go outside and investigate.

Zoinks!
>> No. 6735
[ ] Go outside and investigate.
[ ] Lock the door and windows before leaving.

We are now Fred from Scooby Doo.
>> No. 6736
[x] Go outside and investigate.

Purple?

WHAT ARE YOU DOING OUTSIDE PATCHY
>> No. 6738
[ ] Go outside and investigate

Silly Akyu, running around the forest like that. Looking for new victims?
>> No. 6741
Calling it and writing now.
>> No. 6746
This is too suspicious to just ignore. You slip your knife into your pocket and put your shoes on. Outside, the wind has picked up a little. It ruffles your hair as you close and lock the door behind you. The sun is starting to dip behind the tree-line now, casting long shadows across the ground. You take a deep breath of the evening air as you step over to the pathway, but everything just feels cold.
There is definitely a fresh set of footprints on the path. Small and closely spaced. You were right about it being a short person.

You walk closer to the trees, peering inside. The figure is no longer visible. You can't hear them either. They've gone too deep to just be looping around, whoever it is ... seems like they're heading for the river.

But there's nothing there. Just animals and Youkai.

You shiver at the thought of going into the forest alone, especially at this time of day. It'll be dark soon. You glance down at the footprints again. No point denying it to yourself any longer. Those footprints probably belong to a child, or at the very least, a young woman. You can't think of anybody that small who would be going into this part of the forest, on foot, and not be in danger. It might be Marisa, she can certainly handle herself. But she lives on the other side of the forest, far away from here. And besides, she would be flying, not walking.

You look up at the dipping sun.

Maybe twenty minutes until dark.

[ ] Venture inside, fast.
[ ] Go home.
[ ] Wait, perhaps the person will come back out.
>> No. 6747
[ ] Venture inside, fast.
>> No. 6748
[x] Venture inside, fast.
>> No. 6749
[X] Venture inside, fast.
>> No. 6750
[x] Venture inside, fast.

Go, team Venture!
>> No. 6754
Awake late, another update on its way now.
>> No. 6755
[X] Venture inside, and watch out the window if she/it comes back
>> No. 6759
I think the Patch yukkuri is just in the phase where it's about to grow its body. The Patchouli yukkuri are one of those few types that do so.

Might be fun to raise a yukkuri once it becomes capable of doing more things like that.
>> No. 6763
>>6759
The only two types I have ever seen to have both head and retarded-body forms are Remiryas and Flandre types. All others have just had the body or just been the head. Where'd you get the idea patch types grow a body?
>> No. 6765
You could never live with yourself if you let some idiot child run off into the forest and get eaten by a Youkai. You still have time before the sun goes down, most of the more feral-minded Youkai only come out at night.
With a glance back at your house, you plunge into the forest, along the rough pathway. There's no point conducting some kind of one-man search. If the person has gone off the path, they're fucked anyway. The best thing you can do is go as far as you can down the path in the time you have.

Under the canopy, the forest is much darker. The dim light makes everything look grey, as if there is a light mist always in front of your eyes. Your hurried footsteps aren't the only sound you can hear. The soft scurrying of small animals startled by you, the occasional calls of night-birds, even the hoot of a owl. Once or twice you can hear the characteristic 'yu~' of Yukkuris, somewhere far off in the undergrowth. They've become as much as part of the ecosystem here as any animals.

Nearly five minutes later and you're starting to tire. The pathway grows thinner and more overgrown the deeper you go. Whoever you're following must be moving very fast. You can just about hear the gentle splashing of the river, not less than fifty meters away now.
"Hey!" You call, cupping your hands to your mouth. "Anybody there?"
There is no reply, so you carry on towards the river. When you can see a sliver of water between the tree trunks, you slip your hand into you pocket and take hold of your knife. You grip the handle without panic. You don't know any flashy moves, not like the guy who taught you, another outsider, crazy bastard. But you're comfortable enough with a blade to be confident you can at least bluff your way out of any danger.
"Hello?" You call again, closer to the water now.
You hear a panicked sound, the hollow thump of something impacting on wood. Peering around the trees you can see the shape of a small boat in the water.
"What the ..." You mutter, edging forwards. As you emerge from the tree-line, you can see a little more clearly in the dying light.
"Ah! No! Go away!"
You just stand open-mouthed for a moment. "Akyu?" You say, gathering your wits again.
She's standing in a tiny wooden boat. Barely enough for two people. She's wedged a pack against the side of the boat, unbalancing it in the water. There's an old and battered outboard motor slung over the back.
"Akyu ... what the hell are you doing?" You ask.
You don't know Akyu that well, but you know enough about her to know that she shouldn't be doing this.
"I have to go! I have to!" She nearly screams at you. She's a mess. Her hair is matted and wind-blown. Her kimono is unwashed, her eyes wide and bloodshot.

She's got a sword lying at her feet.

"Akyu." You say gently. As you speak, she struggles to start the motor. "Whatever's happened, this isn't the answer to it" You hold both your hands up, palm-out. "Wherever you're going, it won't be any better than what you're trying to run from."
She rounds on you, motor forgotten. "I'm not running from anything, you idiot!" She says through clenched teeth. "I'm the only one who worked it out ... nobody else will listen ..." She turns back to the motor and finally yanks the starting cord with enough strength to bring it to juddering, sputtering life.
"Akyu!" You panic. This can't happen, you can't let someone barely out of childhood, obviously hysterical, condemn themselves to a pointless death in the depths of the forest.

Where the hell did she get all this shit anyway? The boat starts to edge away from the shore.

"Just leave!" Akyu shouts at you.

Less than ten minutes until sundown.

[ ] Let her go, you can't do anything.
[ ] Try to reason with her some more (what do you say?)
[ ] Take action (what?)
>> No. 6767
I'm very tempted to yell at her to 'Take it easy!', but that just seems a bit counterproductive.
>> No. 6769
[X] Take action (Jump in the boat)
>> No. 6771
[x] Try to jump into the boat.
[x] "I'll listen. Just tell me what's going on, or else I won't leave."

This is going to make us come off as an ass, but insisting is probably the only way we can get to her. I think.
>> No. 6773
[x] Try to jump into the boat.
[x] "I'll listen. Just tell me what's going on, or else I won't leave."
[x]Try to get her to come back to your home. "I live nearby, we could talk there. It's getting late."
>> No. 6774
[x] Try to jump into the boat.
[x] "I'll listen. Just tell me what's going on, or else I won't leave."
[x] As soon as she reveals her obsession, offer to have sex with her while she tears yukkuris apart.

>>6763
There are several stories and images in which they do.
>> No. 6775
>>6769
Bad idea. Boat capsizes, motor is ruined, loli is angry.
>> No. 6776
[x] Try to jump into the boat.
[x] "I'll listen. Just tell me what's going on, or else I won't leave."

Get out, pedos. Anon's already expressed attraction to grown women.
>> No. 6777
[x] Try to jump into the boat.
[x] "I'll listen. Just tell me what's going on, or else I won't leave."
>> No. 6778
>>6774
Post them then. I have never seen one and I'm constantly on the /jp/ threads. I've even started going on pooshlmer in case they have translations that aren't on /jp/. Post them on the /jp/ thread if you don't want to clutter this thread.
http://zip.4chan.org/jp/res/1239986.html
>> No. 6782
File 122049533194.jpg - (188.08KB , 400x1200 , patchy translated.jpg ) [iqdb]
6782
>>6778
Not giving you a hint, just letting you know the material already exists.
>> No. 6783
>>6778
I don't have it right now, but there's the pic in which a bodied Patchouli tries to take a book off a bookshelf and falls, smashing its chin against a few bookshelves and ending up a twitching mess on the floor, and some others by some guy who draws on a notebook. All of them are on the uploader. And if you haven't seen them, then you're not on /jp/ enough, as I translated the first one there.
>> No. 6785
>>6782
Fuck. Forgot about that.
>> No. 6786
[+] Let her go, you can't do anything.
Akyu is pretty much the representative of the Bullying Onii-sans and Onee-sans. Let her go already before this goes bad.
>> No. 6787
>>6782
Patchy with a body also turns up in plenty of the Japanese ascii art, forgot to mention that.

While we're debating possible biology, keep in mind that I am filling in many of the blanks myself. This story is in large part about exploring what you don't know about Yukkuris, so don't worry if something unexpected happens. It's all part of a whole in the end. Go wild and experiment however you like, though remember that everything has an ... 'ethical' cost.
>> No. 6788
File 12204962379.jpg - (4.50KB , 100x100 , 1364363.jpg ) [iqdb]
6788
>>6787

Pfft, Ethics are overrated. Let's stuff Yukkuris with lit firecrackers and then throw the Yukkuri bombs at people! Bean paste will be everywhere!
>> No. 6789
>>6786
But we did our fair share of bullying before. We're not exactly representatives of Yukkureenpeace.
>> No. 6794
>>6786
Perhaps we can change her cruel ways with a spirit filled persuasive speech about morality and caring, and how you shouldn't hurt things just because they're different than you.

And if that fails, push her off the boat.
>> No. 6795
>>6789
Doesn't mean we should encourage it. Anon in this story is exhibiting cognitive dissonance and disgust with his cruel actions. He has a conscience, and it tells him to stop pulling stunts like that.
>> No. 6817
Actually I think lil' Patchy might be pregnant, one of the Marisas she was caged with before we took her was pretty attached to her right?

Just sayin'.

[ ] Throw the knife at the motor

I prey we've got crazy enough hax for this.
>> No. 6822
Updating time. Give me a while.
>> No. 6824
The boat is still close enough to try this. You spring from the bank of the river, landing heavily in the small boat. The entire thing rocks from side to side, water spilling over the edges. Akyu shrieks in surprise and panic, hands going for your throat. In any other setting this wouldn't be a concern, she's only a teenage girl after all. But as you try to keep your balance in the moment of landing, you feel her fingers dig into your windpipe, her face a mask of fear and rage.
You grab at her wrists and try to tug her off, but she's got the strength of the insane. You slip on the wet bottom of the boat and you both tumble to the floor. Akyu loses her grip around your neck and you grab both her wrists before she can try to strangle you a second time.
"Stop! Let me go!" She struggles, but she's too weak.
"Akyu, calm down." You say, trying to sound reassuring.
"Let go!" She screams in your face, trying to kick you.

Only one thing for it. You step towards her, pressing her closer to you but still holding onto her wrists.
"Ah!"
She can't hurt you like this, unless she tries to head-butt your chest.
"Akyu, I'll listen to you, understand?"
She just keeps struggling, but something changes in her expression. Her eyes fill with tears and her lips wobble.
"Let me go." She sobs.
"I can't do that, you're going to get yourself killed out here." You glance around at the darkening forest as the boat drifts across the river.
"I ... no I won't." She says weakly.
"Just tell me what's going on Akyu. If you tell me and I understand it, I'll leave. Maybe I can even help you. Anything is better than letting you wander into the forest alone."
Akyu sniffs and looks up at you, eyes full of tears.
"Come on Akyu." You say. "I promise I won't stop you if it makes sense."
"Sense ..." She utters a little laugh, muttering something to herself under her breath. "Sense ... nothing." Suddenly she sobs, loudly, and stops trying to get away. She collapses against you, weeping and grasping at the front of your clothes, burying her face in your chest. You place a hand on top of her head, feeling awkward.
"It's okay Akyu. It's okay." You say.
She shakes her head. "It won't be."

[ ] Be comforting. Make sure she's alright, she needs your help.
[ ] Be brisk. Find out what's wrong as soon as possible, you barely know her anyway.

And:

[ ] Talk to her here, you're already on the boat.
[ ] Take her back to your house, she's in a terrible state.
>> No. 6826
[ ] Be brisk. Find out what's wrong as soon as possible, you barely know her anyway.
[ ] Talk to her here, you're already on the boat.
>> No. 6827
[x] Be comforting. Make sure she's alright, she needs your help.
[x] Talk to her here, you're already on the boat.

Shes seems to be in a bad state, but we still need to keep her the hell away from our Yukkuri.
>> No. 6828
[X] Be comforting. Make sure she's alright, she needs your help.
[X] Take her back to your house, she's in a terrible state.

We can't stop here. This is youkai country.
>> No. 6829
[ ] Be comforting. Make sure she's alright, she needs your help.

[ ] Talk to her here, you're already on the boat.

Something tells me her problem is Yukkuri-related, and if it is taking her to our home would be a baaad idea...
>> No. 6830
[X] Be comforting. Make sure she's alright, she needs your help.
[X] Talk to her here, you're already on the boat.
>> No. 6831
[x] Be comforting. Make sure she's alright, she needs your help.
[x] Talk to her here, you're already on the boat.
>> No. 6832
Am I the only one who has no idea what's going on?
>> No. 6834
[X] Be comforting. Make sure she's alright, she needs your help.

[X] Take her to the village.

It's either stay outside with the youkai, or go home and if everything goes well there, she goes home alone? Let's bring her to a safe place that makes more sense. If she doesn't want to go in the village we can at least keep it in visible distance so if we get attacked we can run to safety.
>> No. 6835
[X] Be comforting. Make sure she's alright, she needs your help.
[X] Talk to her here, you're already on the boat.

>>6832
It's just Akyu going on her nightly yukkuri killing spree, nothing out of the ordinary.
>> No. 6841
>>6835
What's the boat for? Is she just using it to run off to some place where no one will interfere?
>> No. 6846
[x] Be comforting. Make sure she's alright, she needs your help.
[x] Talk to her here, you're already on the boat.
>> No. 6849
Calling it now, writing might be delayed for a while though.
>> No. 6869
It takes you a while to calm Akyu down. You run your hand through her hair, pat her back, tell her that she's safe. After a few minutes she sits down in the boat and you follow suit. She's red in the face, bunching the ends of her sleeves up in her fists. She wipes her eyes with the back of her hand and you take her by the shoulder, gently.
"Akyu, tell me what's wrong." You say. "Whatever it is, I'll listen." You leave out 'And I'll take you back to your parents when I've calmed you down enough'.
She sniffs loudly, but her expression holds less mania now. She seems somehow more lucid. She must have been holding those tears in for a long time. She glares over at you, trying to hide the embarrassment of crying.
"Nobody will listen." She says, voice very serious.
You nod. "Adults not paying attention to your opinions?"
Her eyes narrow at you as she cocks her head. Something clicks in your head and you remove your hand from her shoulder, uttering an apology. Hieda no Akyu isn't just some angst teenager who decided to run away from home. She might have the judgement of a child, but she's got the genetic memories of literally dozens of lives.

It dawns on you that she probably has a good reason for this.

"Sorry Akyu." You say. "Who won't listen to what?"
She shakes her head, eyes darting at the forest on either side. Then she reaches into the pack and pulls out an old oil-lamp. It takes her a moment to light the wick, after which the boat is illuminated with a soft yellow glow. The quickly deepening night seems all the more oppressive now.
"Nobody will listen to me. My parents, Keine. I went to the village elders, but they laughed at me. I had to do this alone." She says, looking at you.
"What were you trying to tell them?"
She pauses, for a long time, then turns away with a sour look on her face. "You'll laugh, everyone must think I'm going mad."
You cough. "I'm from outside, remember? I've seen giant metal birds and magic picture-boxes and machines that talk to each other across the length of the world. I'm not going to laugh at you."
Akyu looks back up at you, frowning. "Okay." She says, quietly. You nod.

"The Yukkuris." She says. "They're dangerous."
You don't laugh. Not because you promised you wouldn't, but because of the look of utter terror that comes into Akyu's eyes as she speaks.
"Domesticated ... they're fine, even wild, it doesn't matter." She starts to speak more rapidly now, grabbing hold of your arm. "I ... I was curious, I bought some of them a few weeks ago, thought they were kind of cute." She tries to smile, but it looks wooden.
"Then I started to wonder. Where did they come from? Why do they behave like they do? Why do they constantly ask for food?" She waits for a response.
You shrug. "They're greedy?"
She shakes her head. "It's not that simple, you see." She rummages in the pack for a moment and pulls out a large note book. She flips the pages and you spot endless graphs, numbers and charts. She must have filled the whole notebook with data.
"Look." She says, holding a page up so you can see in the light. You can't make head nor tail of the graph.
"What does it mean?" You ask.
Akyu makes an annoyed sound through her teeth. "I started to test them." She says. "I ... I worked something out. If you feed them enough, they get bigger. They a-assimilate all the matter they eat, a-add it to their bulk. They're like certain species of fish, they just keep getting bigger."
You frown, realising why this might be a problem. "Go on." You say.
"I put one of them on a heavy diet, a Yukkurisa. As much fat and protein as I could find. It grew and it ... started to refer to itself differently. It started to lead the others. Do you understand?" She asks, eyes manic.
You shake your head. "Explain."
"It ... they don't have long-term memory. The ones that look like Patchouli remember everything they're ever told, but they make no connections, they don't use the information. The one I fed ... the bigger it got, the more it started to think. It would remember feeding patterns. When it worked out that I was taking away the koyukkuris to control the population, it found ways to hide them." Akyu's voice is harsh now, her breathing a little panicked.

"The bigger it got, the more it learned. It could make plans. It could plan!" She almost shouts, voice muffled by the forest.
You nod. "I think I'm starting to understand."
Akyu nods back at you. "They were made, I mean ... look at them! They're not natural, they keep getting bigger and bigger. The larger they get, the longer they live and they-"
Akyu stops abruptly as the boat bumps into the bank of the river. Something rustles in the bushes and both of you turn to face it. Your hand goes into your pocket, fist around your knife.
"Yu~?" A wild Yukkureimu bounces out from under the leaves, peering at you. "Mister! Miss! Yu~ Get Reimu food! Reimu is hungry!" It says, looking smug.
Akyu reaches out and quickly hoists the Yukkuri up by its hair. She holds it between you and her.
"Yu~! Let Reimu go! Yu~!" It starts to tear up, mouth wobbling.
"They eat, and they convert everything into bean paste." Akyu says with disgust as she prods the Yukkureimu with a finger. "They have no muscles, no organs, nothing but paste inside them. Its like somebody wanted to turn the whole of Gensokyo into nothing but bean paste."
"Wait wait wait." You say. "What? That's a bit of a leap, isn't it? They're a horrible pest species, if everything you've said is true, but that's all."
"You don't get it!" Akyu screams, suddenly smashing the Yukkureimu against the bottom of the boat.
"Bugyu~" It splits open, greenish paste leaking from a massive split in its side. "Ah~ ga~ edjy~" It tries to speak, face a mask of pain and shock, tears everywhere.
You stare in amazement.
"Where are they all coming form?!" Akyu shouts, then catches herself. "If ... if they keep getting bigger when they eat, if I've read the changes in the patterns of animal migration right, then they're coming from down there." She points behind her, down the long, winding stretch of the river. "Deep in the forest." She drops the twitching, shattered Yukkureimu on the deck and moves forwards, grabbing you by the collar.

"Imagine how big they're getting." She says, face full of horror. "How clever, how thick-skinned."

[ ] This is madness, she's insane.
[ ] Akyu may be right.

But in any case:

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 6870
[x] Akyu may be right.
[x] Ask her what she's going to do.

Remember: Short, controlled bursts.
>> No. 6872
[X] Akyu may be right.
[X] "But how are you so sure they're a threat? Just because they're clever doesn't mean they're dangerous. And you had to overfeed one to make it that big. Isn't that impossible in the wild, with predators and limited food?"
>> No. 6876
[x] Akyu may be right.
[x] Offer to investigate along with her, and possibly get help from Rinnosuke or Meiling if things get dangerous.
>> No. 6878
>>6872
Imagine a being with a yukkuri's extreme greed and selfishness, but the intelligence and strength to take what it wants. It would be a threat, or at least a major annoyance.
>> No. 6880
>>6878
If it was smart it'd know how dangerous humans can be. We would outnumber the big ones and the little ones are useless. Plus humans tend to work together. Yukkuri are inherently selfish beyond compare.
Then the issue of them likely not being able to grow to that size ANYWAYS. I'd say it's a fine response.
>> No. 6881
[X] Akyu may be right.
[X] "But how are you so sure they're a threat? Just because they're clever doesn't mean they're dangerous. And you had to overfeed one to make it that big. Isn't that impossible in the wild, with predators and limited food?"
[x] "And even if they are a real threat, we aren't the people who should be taking care of problems like this. Especially at night, with youkai out and about."
>> No. 6883
[X] Akyu may be right.
[X] Ask her what she's going to do.

Time to see how right she is, and then embark on a genocidal crusade against the Yukkuri population.
>> No. 6890
>>6880
You said it yourself; dispose of them before they cause trouble. Even their existence endows the other yukkuris with a huge morale boost, making them even bolder than before. If there is such a thing as a Dosu, they must be dealt with.
>> No. 6893
>>6890
Yes! Let us go out and kill every yukkuri we can find! Surely we can do it in a few hou... day... years?
>> No. 6894
[X] Akyu may be right.
[X] "But how are you so sure they're a threat? Just because they're clever doesn't mean they're dangerous. And you had to overfeed one to make it that big. Isn't that impossible in the wild, with predators and limited food?"
[x] "And even if they are a real threat, we aren't the people who should be taking care of problems like this. Especially at night, with youkai out and about
>> No. 6895
>>6893

Topple the most dangerous targets first, then mop up the mess. We're going to strike at the heart of the matter. After that we can pick off most of the weak, worthless ones at our leisure.
>> No. 6897
>>6893
>Yes! Let us go out and kill every yukkuri we can find! Surely we can do it in a few hou... day... years?

Hell yeah! Let's go out and look for them the hard way. Because, you know, there's nobody in the Touhouverse that can manipulate Population Density and cause the Yukkuris to gather into a single location for slaughter.

Wait, what was that Suika? There IS somebody that can do that?
>> No. 6899
>>6897
She's too drunk. I doubt we'd get any help from a powerful touhou without proof that there's actually an issue. Since there obviously haven't been any reports of a dosu yet, they're not going to suddenly wipe out all the yukkuri any sooner than they're going to suddenly wipe out every mouse.

>>6890
And that's not what I said. I said that if the dosu was indeed intelligent, it would not provoke humans for fear of their wrath.
>> No. 6902
>>6899
You don't know Dosus. Most of them place food above all else, just like the normal yukkuris, and are intelligent only as far as making plans to steal food from humans are concerned. And those whose intelligence extends to knowledge of what humans can do to them are usually forced to attack them by their less intelligent comrades. Dosu=bad news, no exceptions.
>> No. 6908
> and are intelligent only as far as making plans to steal food from humans are concerned.
then there intelligence is of little concern for every other issue.
Sorry, but I'm just not convinced they're a threat. They sound just as stupid and selfish as a regular yukkuri, only bigger and hungrier. Maybe enough to give a single human a beating, but could one actually raid an entire village and survive? And there's no way you could run into too many, due to how much food you'd have to give them. And on the subject of food, given how selfish yukkuri are, just point out that the dosu eats a LOT more than they do. You could help the point by bringing food, but not enough for the entire group; "I could feed all you little ones, but there's no way I could get enough food for that big thing!". Sure the little guys would get trampled, leaving the Dosu intact, but it's fewer mouths to deal with in the future.
Maybe Woden has a surprise that will actually make them dangerous, but until then they just sound bigger and dumber. And this is with our knowledge of Dosu's, which Anon doesn't have. I'd say skepticism is the correct choice.
>> No. 6912
>>6902
87. Dosumarisa (dosu- is a term for huge yukkuris) is the wise and strong leader of its herd. With its childhod friends Mukyu and Alice, it teaches other yukkuris how to gather food, and to not invade humans' homes. Today, it's begging a human not to kill the family that ate food from his stock, and offers some of the herd's food as compensation. Apparently, it's the fifth time this year; yukkuris don't learn. If it happens again, they won't have enough for the winter. The next day, it hears that it's happened again. Grumbling, it heads towards the village, but gets caught in a trap set by the other yukkuris. They accuse it of taking away theyr food. "If you hadn't done that, we'd be able to take it easy!!!" (This shows exactly how smart yukkuris are.) They then bring its childhood friends in front of it, and get an Alice rapesquad to brutally rape and eat them. Dosumarisa can't believe or understand what's happening, but it's furious like never before. It breaks the trap, and crushes/eats/rips apart the whole herd. It then decides to lead a solitary life, free from stupid yukkuris.

Some are smart enough to not mess with humans
>> No. 6916
I guess that's enough to make a decision. Another update since I'm still awake.
>> No. 6922
Akyu slumps back onto the deck, burying her face in her hands. You glance over the ruined Yukkureimu at her feet. She certainly hates the Yukkuris enough, if she could just smash one on a whim like that. You frown in thought, poking the Yukkureimu with your boot.
"Ah~ gya~" It twitches, mouth moving weakly. Almost half of its innards are spilled out around it now. You gently dip a finger into the paste and sniff at it. Smells like bean paste. If the Yukkureimu was already dead you might even be tempted to open it up and confirm what Akyu said about them having nothing inside but bean paste. As it is, you have too much respect for a poor, dying creature.
"Okay Akyu." You say. "I think what you've said makes sense, I believe you."
Akyu looks up from behind her hands. "You do?" She breathes.
You nod. "Yes. I think you're right that they're not natural, that somebody made them, and you're probably right about their biology as well. I believe you."
Akyu smiles, almost hysterically, before jumping forwards and wrapping her arms around you shoulders.
You awkwardly pat her back as she hugs you. She smells of sweat and unwashed clothes. This girl need some serious looking after.

"Thank you." She mutters. "I thought I might be going mad."
You gently push her back a little and gesture at the dying Yukkureimu on the deck. "That seemed pretty mad to me." You say.
"Gyu~ edjy~ Reibuu~"
Akyu frowns at you. "I don't care, they're vermin." She says. "In the wild they pose a serious threat, we have to-"
You raise a finger to her lips.
"Listen. I believe you, but how are you so sure they're a threat?"
"What?" She asks.

You take a deep breath. "Just because they're intelligent doesn't mean they're a threat. You had to overfeed one to get it bigger, right? How big did it get?"
"About ... the size of a cow, roughly." Akyu says. "Before I gutted it."
You cringe inside, but nod.
"Exactly." You say. "In the wild, are they really going to have that much food? Things prey on them, they're weak."
Akyu shuffles away from you and grits her teeth. "You don't get it, do you?" She says angrily. "The bigger one led the others, it gave them ... confidence, direction." She glares up at you. "They don't expend energy, everything they eat contributes to their own biomass. Enough of them ... led by a larger one, they could strip a section of the forest. They probably have."
"What makes you think that?" You ask.
"I told you!" She nearly shouts. "Animal migrations patterns. There's nothing coming from upriver, or going back there. It's a dead spot now, as far as the wildlife is concerned."
You frown in thought. You're not the person Akyu should be telling this to. She should be speaking to Reimu.
"Okay." You say. "You might be right, and we need to get the right people to deal with this."
Akyu shakes her head. "No! They won't listen! Don't you see?!" She grabs at the dying Yukkureimu on the deck and holds it up. More bean paste leaks from its side, but its too weak to struggle. The drooping, lopsided face hangs in the air.
"What do you see?" Akyu asks.
You shrug, at a loss for words.
"A human face." She breathes. "Nobody will hurt them, not as vermin. Not openly. Because they see a person there, or something that looks like a person." She drops the Yukkureimu back to the deck with a wet squelch.
"Ah~ bwabies~

"They're the perfect parasite, they play on emotions." Akyu says.

"Even if everything you've said is right. You're not going to solve this by running around in the forest in the dark." You say in resignation.
Akyu's shoulders slump. "I know that." She says, suddenly seeming much more like a child again. "I just ... I didn't know what to do."
You reach out and put a hand on her shoulder. "It's okay. Come on, let's ...

[ ] "Head upriver, see if you're right."
[ ] "Get you back to mine for tonight, you're a mess and maybe I can help you with this."
[ ] "Get you back to your parents, they'll be worried sick."
[ ] Something else?
>> No. 6924
[Q] "Get you back to mine for tonight, you're a mess and maybe I can help you with this."

This 'plot' is turning weird, fast.
>> No. 6925
[x] "Head upriver, see if you're right."

Man, that was EXACTLY how I figured Akyu would reply to that write-in.
>> No. 6926
>>6924
This is the only Yukkuri story on the board. 'Weird' the least of your worries.
>> No. 6928
>Nobody will hurt them, not as vermin. Not openly. Because they see a person there, or something that looks like a person.
I'm sorry, WHAT?
>> No. 6930
Taking Akyu to our house can be dangerous for our yukkuris, so
[x] "Head upriver, see if you're right."

>>6912
Ahem. I wrote that. That's an exception amongst exceptions, Dosus are normally too self-absorbed to even consider the possibility of someone being stronger than them.

>>6908
It is dangerous, as evidenced in the story in which a Dosu takes a few children hostage and threatens to crush them unless the village gives up all of its food.
>> No. 6931
>>6930
That wasn't a translation?
>> No. 6932
>>6931
I wrote the summary.
>> No. 6933
>>6928
Note how she said "Not openly." Plenty of people probably do the torture thing, but they don't talk about it in public.
>> No. 6934
>>6933
Speaking of which, Woden, do the Bullying Oniisans exist in the story?
>> No. 6936
[x] "Head upriver, see if you're right."

She seems to be burning with determination anyways.
>> No. 6937
>>6933
I wasn't talking about torture. I was talking about "These things are eating my crops. I'm going to bash their stupid heads in next time I see them". Yukkuri are vermin and I refuse to look at them in any other way. They eat people's food. The best way to deal with them is to kill them, and maybe eat them. I find it exceptionally hard to people that the villagers would develop some kind of social stigma involving killing those things. Hell we were even going to eat it at the very beginning.
>> No. 6942
>>6937

> Yukkuri are vermin and I refuse to look at them in any other way.


So why, may I ask, are you participating in a Yukkuri CYOA? :P Seems kinda silly to me. Of course, I think most of you guys blow things way out of proportion when it comes to Yukkuris, so it might be just me taking it too easy. Either way, thing are starting to get REALLY interesting in this story...
>> No. 6945
>>6942
You can cage a rat and call it a pet. It's still vermin, but if you feed it and don't let it out it can't do anything.

And it's not like we didn't get an alice to rape another, beat an alice to death, plan the disection/study of the raped alice, force a remirya to eat it's child...

No I didn't cause all those through votespam. I think I only voted for the remirya one
>> No. 6946
File 122057705360.jpg - (277.65KB , 642x700 , 1215270441834.jpg ) [iqdb]
6946
> Yukkuri are vermin and I refuse to look at them in any other way.

>So why, may I ask, are you participating in a Yukkuri CYOA?

Are you saying you can't draw any conclusions yourself? That question had a pretty obvious answer to me. Pic related, it MIGHT be what he's thinking!

>:P

Stop that.
>> No. 6947
Comparing Yukkuri to rats is probably very accurate. They can be devistating, detroying crops, wrecking things. A dosu is then like a giant sewer rat or something. But some people can still keep them as pets. I had pet rats once.
>> No. 6948
[X] "Get you back to mine for tonight, you're a mess and maybe I can help you with this."

[X] BUT MAKE SURE TO HIDE OUR YUKKURIS FIRST

Dont want her going all RIP AND TEAR with them.

also,
[X] Go to Rinnosuke's place tomorrow and get a shotgun + shells or a rifle and bullets or SOMETHING.
We're going into the forest. And we WILL find out what is happening.
>> No. 6951
>>6946

> Are you saying you can't draw any conclusions yourself?

I can, I was just hoping it wasn't something THAT boring and overdone. You can kill a rat in the comfort of your own house, do we need a (another) whole story about it?

> Comparing Yukkuri to rats is probably very accurate.

Only if you believe there is one, true depiction of Yukkuris. Honestly, I would have liked to see more of those wacky, pink cart riding, yodeling weird Touhou heads before all of the bean paste pseudo-science bullshit people came up with.
>> No. 6953
>>6951
About any depiction of yukkuri after Makako's shows them as vermin. The yodeling era stuff didn't even have them eat, IIRC. They also didn't have any kind of personality back then; they just said 'Take it easy' and did weird shit to each other.

As for why I'm here, I am here for the same reason I go on yukkuri threads anywhere else. It is interesting. That is all. There is nothing more to it, please stop trying to overanalyze my behavior
>> No. 6954
>>6951
>>those wacky, pink cart riding, yodeling weird Touhou heads

I like all that stuff too, but you can't write a story about it.
>> No. 6955
>>6951

And you can also keep a rat as a pet and do nothing with it in the comfort of your own house! We don't need a story about THAT either.

It looks like you and I have differing opinions on what's "boring and overdone".

>Honestly, I would have liked to see more of those wacky, pink cart riding, yodeling weird Touhou heads

Maybe that would've happened if we decided to be a Yukkuri in this story, instead of a guy that deals with them.
>> No. 6956
[x] "Head upriver, see if you're right."
>> No. 6958
>>6955
This must be answered. Woden, what would this CYOA be like if we chose [X]Yukkuri?
>> No. 6961
[x] "Head upriver, see if you're right."

Meh.
>> No. 6962
>>6955

> And you can also keep a rat as a pet and do nothing with it in the comfort of your own house! We don't need a story about THAT either.

Fortunately, that isn't true of this story. I really wouldn't still be reading this if it was only one way or the other. This story has a good balance of both, thus why I'm still hanging around.

> It looks like you and I have differing opinions on what's "boring and overdone".

I just think crushing something as weak as a Yukkuri is no fun. Most of the personality traits the beanpaste Yukkuris have are geared specifically to making them easy targets, and are completely counterproductive to their survival as a species. Not to mention that their smug attitude and loudness (Yu! This is my house! get out!) are there just to have a reason to hurt them. The fact that they're ridiculously fragile is the topping on the "EZ MODO" cake. They're easier to kill than any rat or other vermin, as they can't, and often times won't, move away from danger. There's no challenge, nor any sense of satisfaction of destroying such a being , not to me anyway. It's like playing a game that had a button that says "WIN".
>> No. 6963
>>6962
Who said they should be challenging to kill? That's like complaining that a game's controls are too simple. The fun is in them screaming, not how difficult it is to make them scream.
>> No. 6964
>>6962

>I just think crushing something as weak as a Yukkuri is no fun.

Personally, it's not the act of crushing alone that I like about it.

It's seeing the "before" picture, where the Yukkuri menace is making it a living hell for everyone involved, the "during" picture, where Anonymous thinks of something clever and excessively cruel to solve the problem, and the protagonist has an inner monologue over how fucked up everything is, and the "after" picture, where everyone congratulates him on a job well done and the protagonist dies a little inside. THAT'S what's keeping me hooked. Everything else within the story PALES in comparison.
>> No. 6974
[x]"Get you back to mine for tonight, you're a mess and maybe I can help you with this."
[x]"It'd be better for us to go searching in the daylight, we might get some proof to get the right people interested in this situation."
>> No. 6977
[+]"Get you back to mine for tonight, you're a mess and maybe I can help you with this."
[+]"It'd be better for us to go searching in the daylight, we might get some proof to get the right people interested in this situation."

Also, adding:
[+] "I should let you know ahead of time, I'm keeping a pair of yukkuri at my place, both as pets and for observation. They're domesticated, and obedient, so they shouldn't be a problem. I will be very cross with you if you do anything unkind to them without permission."

I always thought the possibility of a yukkuri population explosion could be a disaster. They may be relatively harmless, passive-agressive blobs of edible paste, but they have almost no self-control, and they consume a lot. That alone can make them dangerous in numbers - left unchecked, the resources they consume might cause irreparable damage to indigenous animal populations, crops, and the environment in general.
It's the same with nearly any out-of-control animal population, really. Bugs, rats, cats, dogs, deer, birds, bacteria, jellyfish, algae - any species can become dangerous to the environment if not checked.
And at the moment, the yukkuri population has no real predator or population check, save for a population of humans who aren't (yet) willing to do their part.

One thing I'm wondering is, why aren't the meaner youkai more active in hunting the little blobs?
>> No. 6980
[X] "Get you back to your parents, they'll be worried sick."
[X]"It'd be better for us to go searching in the daylight, we might get some proof to get the right people interested in this situation."
>> No. 6981
>>6977
>One thing I'm wondering is, why aren't the meaner youkai more active in hunting the little blobs?
They probably are, but since they're most active away from humans, we have no way of knowing.
>> No. 6982
>This must be answered. Woden, what would this CYOA be like if we chose [X]Yukkuri?

I'm not Woden, but I bet it'd be the exact opposite of the sandbox style difficulty that we have right now, where Woden turns this story into a BAD END theater in which we die in very numerous and creative ways, such as

-Getting gang raped to death by Alice-Types
-Eaten by Remiryas
-Getting tortured to death by pretty much anybody that finds us
-Getting killed by anyone who's homes we invade for food, like the pests we are
-Starving to death if we DON'T invade people's homes for food
-Dissolving while trying to cross running water
-Losing our hat and getting the shit beaten out of us by our peers
-Getting eaten by any of the various non-yukkuri fauna, such as hungry Youkai and wild animals
-Getting exterminated when humanity finally recognizes your kind as a threat

...Oh, the good times we'll have!
>> No. 7000
[ ] "Get you back to your parents, they'll be worried sick."

And here I was hoping for a little d´awww Yukkuri story-ing, but ehhh... Seems we lost that track already. Damn it.
>> No. 7003
[ ] "I think I might have an idea, ever heard of the Remirya Yukkuri type? It's the natural predator of their species."
[ ] "I've been studying Yukkuris the past couple of days, there might be more to their ecology than anyone might of ever guessed."
[ ] Head up river

Akyu doesn't need to take independant action or eliminate the Yukkuris herself, doing so could potentially cause more damage than not interferring at all, so I say we get her in on the reasearch side and investigate her concerns but stop her from going genocide on all Yukkuri kind.

I wonder, maybe Sakuya has depleted the local Remirya population that's lead to a population boom in other Yukkuri breeds? She did say she's been catching them herself...

Not sure if this write in has come soon enough though, but I definately want to tell her about the Remirya. I regret our actions towards the Remiryas now, at first they seem like freakish spoilt children but the role they fill in the Yukkuri ecosystem is vital. It's rather elegant, just like any other natural system.
>> No. 7004
>>6982
Pretty much spot on. 'Nature is red in tooth and claw' followed by 'Humans are terrible creatures', seen from the position of a weak and defenseless creature. Jack London on PCP.
>> No. 7010
>>6977
>And at the moment, the yukkuri population has no real predator or population check,
uh. Humans. Youkai. Remiryas. Kimeemarus. Flandres. Each other. Wild animals. Themselves.
I think there's a lot of things out there trying to kill them.
>> No. 7021
Out of curiousity, shouldn't we get some better weapons too? As far as I can tell, neither you nor Akyu can fly or do danmaku. And if there are indeed supersized and supersmart Yukurri going about, they may try to knock you out using their bulk and then suffocating you, absorbing any sword-related injuries into their bulk.

I propose going to Kourin's and checking around if he has a Super Soaker or something. If he does, ask to borrow it, along with a bunch of the heating fluid he uses to keep his shop warm in the winter. Attach a lighter to the front of the Super Soaker to get a homemade flamethrower. Alternatively, fill the Super Soaker with Drain-O. Since Yukkuris can die from a few minutes submersion in water, Drain-O should be alot worse for them. Or, just see if there's a shotgun with some shells are something.

Mind, it does occur to me this is less about praticality and more about seeing Akyu gleefully setting things on fire.
>> No. 7033
>>7021
Drano's pretty much sodium nitrate mixed in water. I don't see how it would hurt a yukkuri any more than plain old water.

Oh, and since thread is autosaging, the update should go in a new thread.
>> No. 7034
>>7021
Homemade flamethrowers have a bad habit of melting due to being made of plastic.

We'd be better off with his shotgun-umbrella, or any other type of firearm he might have lying around.
>> No. 7039
Maybe we can just get the fuel and set them on fire directly?
>> No. 7040
Upda~~te
>> No. 7049
[x] "Head upriver, see if you're right."
>> No. 7062
Sorry for the long delay, back on schedule now. New in the next few hours.