[Return]
Archived thread

File 121996768522.jpg - (92.96KB , 574x500 , bdb295be56910f5545faf6b5d8b3442b.jpg ) [iqdb]
6184 No. 6184
Changed the name back to the original planned one. Also, two part post.

[X] Agree
[X] "I certainly hope those noises from before aren't related to Parsee or her punishment."

It bothers you a bit that she won't tell you what she wants to do, but it doesn't sound too bad.
"Alright, that's fine. But is there some reason you can't tell me what it is?"
She seems to relax at this.
"There's no need. That you can agree shows that the bond is already weakened."
Bond? What's she on about now?
"Anyway, let's hurry up and get this over with. Come on."
She starts walking again, and you don't have anything to do but follow. Still, there's something on your mind in the meantime.
"I certainly hope those noises from before aren't related to Parsee or her punishment."
Satori doesn't even slow down, and you head up the stairs.
"Unfortunately, they were related to both."
What? How can she say that so calmly?
"The punishment was to take you away from her."
"How could that be the thing she wants least?"
"You'll understand once we're done here."
Tch, dodging the question. You reach the top of the stairs and head through a door. There's a few animals in here, cats mainly. Wait, what are cats doing strolling around a mansion? And come to think of it, shouldn't there be people here? This palace has rooms for hundreds of people, not to mention the manpower that would be needed to clean it. You head through the corridor after Satori.
"What were those noises, then?"
"That was Parsee. I just told you she was punished, didn't I?"
Then, she was...
"No way. That noise was far too much for a lone girl to do."
"There's a reason we call her a monster."
That again. These people are starting to piss you off.
"Have any of you even tried being nice to her, instead of judging her?"
She looks at you quizzically.
"Of course we have. That's how people got into the mess to begin with."
"That's..."
You can't object. You hardly even know her, to begin with. Why are you getting so angry over her, anyway?
"In here."
Satori comes to an abrupt stop, and opens one of the many doors in the hall. She waits for you to go in first.

Isn't this... a bathroom? Click. The door shuts behind you, with Satori coming in with you. This is definitely a bathroom. Well, that's obvious. There's a bathtub in here. There's a toilet and sink as well, with a mirror above the sink. The room is even covered in clean ceramic tiles, a total mismatch with the rest of this place. You can't see your reflection in the mirror from this angle.
"So... Why are we in a bathroom?"
"Because you're going to need this."
She walks over to the toilet and lifts the lid, like it's the most normal thing in the world to do right now.
"...I really have no idea what you're talking about."
"You don't need to. Come here."
Not quite knowing why, you walk over to where she's standing.
"I'm going to mess with your heart again for a second. This isn't going to feel very good."
"Wait, what are-"
You don't have time to ask. That third eye opens again, and your body is swallowed in pain. It's not like before, though. Last time you couldn't even breathe, strong pain coming from your chest. This time, it's more like a dull pain emanating from your skull. You can't move, once again, but at least you can breathe this time. You look at Satori, eyes closed, yet the third eye is still staring directly at your chest. What the hell is she doing?

Suddenly, it hits you. Everything hits you. Your situation. Your memories. What you've been doing until now. Where you are. How you got here. Everything comes flooding back to you, in a few simple seconds.

It doesn't feel good.

You get it now. Quickly turning, you throw yourself at the toilet and empty your stomach. It hurts. Your stomach hurts, your throat hurts, your head hurts.
"What the hell... did you just do to me?"
You don't even have the energy to sound mad, or to lift yourself out of the toilet.
This isn't how you want to appear in front of a queen.

>> No. 6185
"I unlocked your mind, to put it simply. You won't remember, but she enchanted you. You also seem to have suffered memory loss before that, but I can't bring it all back to you. In any case, your will is back to normal now."
...What is she talking about? Enchanted? You will? What does she think this is? Some fantasy world of witches and wizards?
You lift your head out of the toilet to stare at her.
An eye. A huge eye. Right in her fucking chest. Staring at you.
"Gah-"
You jump back. That's not natural! What kind of monster is this?!
"Look, you're not the first person I've had to do this to. I know it's disorienting. Just relax for a second."
She walks towards you, this monster with a third eye and unnatural hair.
"No! Stay away!"
You scramble back. This monster is moving towards you. You turn and run for the door. It's.. locked? Dammit! You have to get out, have to defend yourself, have to do something-
"Just sit down, already, or do you want me to make you?"
Pain. You remember pain. But fear is a greater motivator than pain. You kick the door handle, hoping to knock it off. Hoping to do something! Hoping to just get away from that monster.
"Geez, you're bothersome."
Pain. In your chest. Like before. Before? Right, before. When you weren't yourself. When you were under her spell. You fall to the ground, just like before. And you can't move, just like before. The pain eases, and you can breathe, just like before.
"Calm down. I'm not going to hurt you more than I need to."
The girl sits on the edge of the bathtub.

"Right, so here's what's happened. You somehow lost your memories before you woke up in the digger tunnels, where you met Yamame, who I had looking for stragglers and thieves. Then, you met Parsee, who enchanted you. Her eyes will make you think only of her. She's a selfish youkai, jealous of everything that isn't hers. She saw in you someone that didn't already hate or fear her, and so she wanted you to be hers. The means don't matter to her. Only the end result. If you see her again, don't look in her eyes, or you may just be spending another night with your head in the toilet."
She gives an exaggerated sigh.
"Or, a lifetime with her. Which I'd think is a fair deal worse, but hey, you're a guy, so..."
You'd like to object to that statement, but she's not letting you talk.
"Anyway, what I did was remove that enchantment of hers, by forcing your memories to the surface. That overload gave your body such a shock as to snap you out of it. Unfortunately... I can't get all your memories back. See, if I'd found you before Parsee, that would have been easy. But... losing them and then being enchanted... It's like they were never there to begin with."
She looks at you apologetically.
"I've done all I can. The rest is up to how much you want to remember. I'm sorry. Now, are you going to try and destroy my palace this time?"
You meekly shake your head, or at least, as much as you can when you can't move.
"Alright, I'm letting you up now."

The pain leaves you and you push yourself to your feet. And again, your situation hits you. You're in some kind of underground village, surrounded by horned demons and other monstrous creatures. You have no idea how you got here, and no idea how to get out. The only things you have are your clothing, that cap and a gun, one of which you're not sure you want to get back. You think this is the worst thing that's ever happened to you, but you can't remember. Thinking of what you can do makes you sick to your stomach. You'd throw up again, but there's nothing left.
"Alright, let's try something."
Satori breaks you out of your despair. She walks over to you, and pulls your arm, pushing you over to the mirror and making you face it. Your face isn't familiar. That thought makes you somewhat depressed. The face in the mirror is one you should know.

A man with short black hair, thick enough to look styled though it obviously hasn't been. A plain face, the kind you think looks familiar, until you're staring at it in a mirror and don't recognise a thing about it. The face has several cuts, most of them minor and closed already, but one below his left eye, reaching down towards his mouth, but stopping slightly short, deep and still bleeding, that will undoubtedly leave a scar. A trail of blood trickles from it down his face, pooling at his chin before dropping into the sink. A face attached to the body of a young man, somewhat fit but not particularly muscular. A man around 5 feet and 9 inches tall. A man that you don't recognise, but that is most certainly you.
"So? Look familiar?"
A purple-haired girl next to him, a complete contrast in her perfection to his dishevelled state.
"No. He doesn't look familiar at all."
"No? Then... I couldn't help... I'm sorry... What about your name? Can you remember?"
You have to be able to do this. You think hard, trying to recall the memories not even she could bring back.
"It's..."
She nods expectantly.
"...Icarus."
>> No. 6186
And no, there's not meant to be a choice there. I'll continue it when I have time. For now, I go to college when I should most definitely be asleep.
>> No. 6187
Oh dang, you pulled that off perfectly.
>> No. 6188
Still want Parsee.
>> No. 6190
>>6188
I changed my mind about the time I found out that she was mind-controlling us.
>> No. 6191
>>6190
But, have you taken into account as to why she would feel compelled to do something like that?
>> No. 6192
>>6190

We still had free will, it seems she just made us unaware of our situation. It will work out, wait and see.

>She saw in you someone that didn't already hate or fear her, and so she wanted you to be hers.

She has issues and needs help. Lets just avoid eye contact with her until she apologizes and promises not to use that kind of control again.
>> No. 6193
Right, first things first, get a pair of shades.
>> No. 6194
>>6193

Or a mirror.

Maybe she's like Medusa, as long as you don't look at her eyes directly you'll be ok.
>> No. 6197
Wow, Satori, you really helped us out there. Well, sorta. Not really.
>> No. 6202
>I changed my mind

I didn't. DO WANT to fluster Parsee by voluntarily spending time with her but resisting enchantment.
>> No. 6203
>>6191
Yes. This is the same reason I stopped liking *Scorn*'s Alice.
>> No. 6204
>>6203

As long as Parsee doesn't reach the same level of insanity as Scorn's Alice, things should turn out fine.

Then again
>That noise was far too much for a lone girl to do.

Sounds like she's going to be a bit of work.
>> No. 6205
Nuts to you, Satori.

Put my trust in you and few heart attacks later I learn that I only know that I know nothing. Tell me, Parsee charmed me yet left me sound of body, provided me at least the illusion of free will, and actually made me happy, while you on the other hand have coerced me into a humiliating position via multiple cardiac infarcts, in the end leaving me stripped entirely of any sense of safety or identity.

Yeah, way to take the moral high ground there.
>> No. 6211
File 121998897353.jpg - (62.13KB , 640x655 , ta-marche-a.jpg ) [iqdb]
6211
>>6205
>Parsee charmed me yet left me sound of body, provided me at least the illusion of free will, and actually made me happy

FUCK THAT, YOU'RE GOING HOME

>As long as Parsee doesn't reach the same level of insanity as Scorn's Alice, things should turn out fine.
>reach

I think you're missing the basic point here.

Anyway, I don't have time to update today, but I'll be around to check a few times. Story will resume tomorrow.
>> No. 6213
>>6211

God damn Marche. Fuck that guy.

To Parsee we go, ever the selfless man with strange and esoteric tastes in women. Or a masochist complex.

On another note, I propose the chance to go shota whenever we do the Yuugi route. Do want shotacon, "big sister" Yuugi teaching shotanon how to handle women.
>> No. 6214
See guys, this is what happens when you deal with Cave Alice.
>> No. 6215
So when can we go back to Parsee
>> No. 6219
>>6215
We'll call that plan B.
>> No. 6220
>>6219
No
>> No. 6221
Just read through this, and it's looking great so far. Might be best if you were a little less hands-on with the voters, though.
>> No. 6222
Now I'm torn. I can't decide between telling you guys just how Parsee was affecting you or letting you argue about it.

>>6213
I'm gonna write that as a short story. I've been doing bits and pieces of it while waiting for votes, but I'll save it for until we have an /underground/ board so this one doesn't get cluttered up even more.

>>6221
How so?
>> No. 6225
>>6211

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE
>> No. 6228
>>6222
>>Now I'm torn. I can't decide between telling you guys just how Parsee was affecting you or letting you argue about it.
As >>6221, I'm talking about this kind of stuff. The most enjoyable CYOA's I've read here have been ones where the writefags don't keep telling you extra info designed to influence your choices, or things that we shouldn't know unless we find them out through the story; i.e. the last line of >>6033 >>6051
>> No. 6233
>>6192

>She has issues and needs help. Lets just avoid eye contact with her until she apologizes and promises not to use that kind of control again.

Do you really think it'll be that simple?
>> No. 6235
>>6228

Duly noted.
Writing soon. Possibly. I might pass out instead given that I've not had nearly enough sleep lately.
>> No. 6242
>>6205
>Yeah, way to take the moral high ground there.

You know what I think? I think no Satori, you are the jealous.

And Satori was a ronrey youkai.
>> No. 6244
>>6233

No, but we can try to at least get an apology out of her.
>> No. 6245
>>6215
Why would we go back, given:

A. She may not even respect us enough to give us free will, depending on what she did to us.

B. There is an Orin here. The Orin needs loving.
>> No. 6246
>>6245

Because it's Parsee.

Must get back to Parsee.
>> No. 6247
>>6245
>A. She may not even respect us enough to give us free will, depending on what she did to us.

Respect doesn't factor into it; she'll be too afraid of Satori taking us away permanently to charm us again.

>B. There is an Orin here. The Orin needs loving.

Ha ha. No.
>> No. 6250
>>6235
If you have more information people should know, you should really add it to the story somehow. Like, the protagonist is thinking about how everyone has horns and almost has a "wait a second, shouldn't I be worried about this?" moment but gets distracted by Parsee saying something.
>> No. 6277
>B. There is an Orin here. The Orin needs loving.

GET OUT FURFAG!!!
>> No. 6278
File 122005124854.png - (64.74KB , 250x203 , NOU.png ) [iqdb]
6278
>>6277
>> No. 6324
Where's the second part, Anonymaster?
>> No. 6326
>>6277
It's not about the furriness - I just dig the fiery-haired maidens.
>> No. 6337
>>6324

I was in the middle of writing it when Gaatz distracted me with Godhand.
I'm too tired to do it now. I'll finish it when I wake up.
Blame Gaatz.
>> No. 6350
>>6337

NO, NIGGER I BLAME YOU

I BLAME YOU
>> No. 6357
has anyone thought

maybe this is just all part of Satori punishment plan

>.>

try and make us dislike Parsee so she will never experince love
>> No. 6358
"Icarus? What kind of weird name is that?"
The girl in the mirror laughs. The man next to her sighs and moves away.
"I don't know. I just know that it's my name."
"Well? Do you remember anything else? How about your last name?"
You shake your head.
"Other than what's happened since I've been down here, no."
"Then I guess that's it for my questions."
Questions? Right, she brought you here to begin with to ask you things. Still, you have questions of your own.
"Hey, I need to ask you some things myself."
"That can wait for now. Let's get you patched up first."
Come to think of it, you should probably get something for all these wounds. Hey, wait a second...
"...Shouldn't we have attended to these earlier?"
Satori looks confused.
"Well, you didn't seem to care. I figured they weren't bothering you."
You didn't notice them until you saw them, but there's a bunch of reasons for that. You probably weren't feeling them to begin with because they'd gone numb. Did nobody think for a second that it was odd for someone to be walking around with cuts all over his face? Still, like she said, you'll need to have them taken care of now.

Back outside, you're again walking through long hallways past too many doors to count. You'll probably have time to talk about something on the way.

[ ] "Why are there so many animals here?"
[ ] "Shouldn't there be more people here?"
[ ] "What are those floating things?"

Those are the only questions allowed for now. Pick one only. You'll have time for more later.
>> No. 6359
>>6357

Given that everyone avoids Satori because of her ability, I don't think it's hate so much as envy. Remember, we did get a reaction out of her when we made that "I love you. Sike." joke.
>> No. 6360
[x] "Shouldn't there be more people here?"

in b4 sob story
>> No. 6361
>"Well, you didn't seem to care. I figured they weren't bothering you."

[x] "That's funny, because I also didn't seem to care that I was Parsee's boy-toy. My lady, it appears your hypocrisy knows no bounds."
[x] "Shouldn't there be more people here?"

Doesn't count since it's not a question.
>> No. 6362
[x] "That's funny, because I also didn't seem to care that I was Parsee's boy-toy. My lady, it appears your hypocrisy knows no bounds."
[x] "Shouldn't there be more people here?"
>> No. 6364
[X] "Why are there so many animals here?"
Also anti-voting the snarkyness. Satori's been nice.
>> No. 6365
[x] "Shouldn't there be more people here?"
>> No. 6367
[x] "Shouldn't there be more people here?"
>> No. 6368
Writing now.
>> No. 6369
[x] "That's funny, because I also didn't seem to care that I was Parsee's boy-toy. My lady, it appears your hypocrisy knows no bounds."
[x] "Shouldn't there be more people here?"

>Also anti-voting the snarkyness. Satori's been nice.

What? This broad hasn't done us a single favor. Through the pain and humiliation she's coerced us into she give us back no memories other than our name, which she then tells us is stupid. She kept on fucking with our heart even after we told her we were a fragile human, and it looks like she didn't even think to treat our injuries. Finally she removed what was likely the only keeping us alive: Our wall of indifference and our relationship with Parsee. She can go take a walk.
>> No. 6370
>>6369

There is no point in voting after I've started writing or otherwise called it.
>> No. 6371
>>6359
>I don't think it's hate so much as envy
>so much as envy
>envy
Gosh, I wonder whose handiwork that was?
Poor cave Alice, she isn't even confident enough in her own ability to hold a relationship stable, so sh has to pawn us off on another to make SURE the relationships sours.
I say we kick fate and interpersonal habits to the corner and love cave Alice no matter what.

Jealousy moe~
>> No. 6372
[X] "Shouldn't there be more people here?"

Come to think of it, you haven't seen any humans... No, not humans. You haven't seen any of these oni or youkai around while you've been here. A place like this should definitely have people around.
"Shouldn't there be more people here?"
You ask Satori as you walk along to another unknown destination. Once again, she's walking ahead of you.
"There used to be, but as time went on, there was no need. People simply took up space and resources. Orin and Utsuho train the animals to help take care of the place, so we don't need to hire workers, either."
They trained animals to take care of a palace? Whoever these two are, they sound quite skilled.
"So who lives here now?"
"Only my family and the pets. You danced with my sister earlier."
Sister? It must have been the silver-haired girl with the closed eye, who didn't say a word the entire time.
"Is there a reason she doesn't talk?"
"Why don't you ask her yourself? We're going to see her now."
With that, Satori abruptly turns into another room. How does she even know where she's going? There's no kinds of markings or anything. Following her, you're in what looks like a sitting room. There's several comfortable-looking chairs surrounding a small table.
"She's not here yet? Well, please take a seat. I'll go find her. She still gets lost in here sometimes."
That's understandable. Without a guide, you'd never know where you're going, and you've only seen what must be a tiny part of the palace. Satori leaves, saying she'll be back shortly.

[ ] Look around the room
[ ] Explore the palace
[ ] Try to leave
[ ] Just sit down

I'll give you guys some time for this one.
>> No. 6373
[x] Try to leave

Oh great, another one-sided conversation with her sister. As if the barrenness of this place wasn't depressing enough.
>> No. 6374
[x] Look around the room

Trying to leave sounds like it has a 99.9% chance of getting lost and embarrassing ourselves.
>> No. 6375
Maybe she's trying to set us up with her sister? Or does she want her sister to put certain thoughts into our head? Either way, this entire thing just gets creepier and creepier.

[x] Try to leave
>> No. 6376
>>6374

There's not much more humiliating than being forced to introduce yourself as "Icarus" to your captor's mute sister.
>> No. 6377
>>6376

Not fond of the name, I take it.
>> No. 6379
>>6377

Not even Satori likes it.
>> No. 6380
>>6379

She just said it was weird, which is completely understandable, given that everyone down there has Japanese names. I was going to have her say that regardless of what the name was.
On that note, I was going to let you guys choose there, but I couldn't decide whether or not to do so. Eventually a coin flip had me choose not to. If you insist, I could let you guys vote on it.
>> No. 6382
>>6380
>Eventually a coin flip had me choose not to. If you insist, I could let you guys vote on it.

Anonymous insists and leaves his vote.

[x] Quote
>> No. 6384
[+] Try to leave
I have a feeling she's trying to set us up with Koishi.
Even if it we did have chemistry, the in-laws would be intolerable. So sorry, Koishi. Go molest a shrine maiden or something.
>> No. 6385
>>6382

Should have said, Quote isn't an option. There's another guy who's planning a CYOA which is more Cave Story related, so I've been trying to tone down the references in this one out of consideration.
>> No. 6387
>>6385
>There's another guy who's planning a CYOA which is more Cave Story related

Oh. Cool. The only thing we know is that we're a spelunker, so:

[x] Nathan Drake
>> No. 6388
{X} Look around the room

{X} Nathan Drake

eh
>> No. 6389
[X] Look around the room
[X] Nathan Drake
>> No. 6390
[X] Look around the room
[X] Icarus is fine. Maybe you could even work the legend into your story?
>> No. 6391
>>6390

That was the intent of picking the name, yes.
>> No. 6392
[x] Look around the room
Might as well stick around and have our subconscious screwed with as well.
>> No. 6393
[ ] Try to leave
[ ] Icarus { } Nathan Drake wutever hes always anon in my eyes.
>> No. 6395
Called at [X] Look around the room.
Writing now.
>> No. 6397
[X] Look around the room

You decide to look around the room to pass the time. Why is she bringing Koishi, anyway? You didn't think that girl would want to have much to do with you, given the way she acted at the dance. Looking around the room, it appears to be a fairly typical guest room. A chandelier hanging from the ceiling provides light, and there are several paintings hung on the walls, among photos on top of small stands and inside cupboards. None of the paintings really catch your eye. You walk around the room and look at the photos as you do so.
There's one of Satori, facing away from the camera, in some kind of courtyard. You haven't seen anything like that yet, so you figure it must be in the palace somewhere. You can't make out that much from the photo other than a bench, some grass, and walls.
The next photo is of Satori and Koishi sleeping on the bench there, leaning on each other. Who took the photo, then? There's another two or three photos of roughly the same thing. One of them has Satori making faces behind a sleeping Koishi. Cute.
You pick up a framed photo off a stand. It has Satori and Koishi, and what looks like those animals from before. Satori's holding the cat in her arms, and the bird is sitting on Koishi's shoulder. You wouldn't think a cat and bird would get along so well. Looking closer, something's a bit off. The cat has two tails, and the bird three legs. You think you should be more surprised, but after everything that's happened today, you can't bring yourself to worry about it.
Moving on, you pick up another framed photo, which looks like it's from a festival like the one tonight. It has Satori posing with... Parsee? Satori has her arm around Parsee's shoulders, and she's making a little 'V' shape with her fingers. Parsee is making a half-hearted attempt to do the same. Could it be that they're actually friends? You know bosses have to be strict with their friends sometimes, but... You can't help but think there's something more. All the pictures look fairly old, but this one is particularly faded. Then... Was this taken a long time ago?
"That's right."

You just about jump out of your skin, and it takes all your skill to not drop the photo on the ground. Turning around, Satori is standing across from you, with Koishi following behind her. You didn't even hear them come in.
"There's a story there, but that's for another time. Please, sit down."
You comply, and sit down in one of the chairs. It really is comfortable. Satori sits across from you, and Koishi moves a stand next to your chair and puts a small case on it. Opening it up, it looks like a first-aid kit of sorts. Then... Koishi's going to treat you?
"You haven't been formally introduced, have you? Koishi, this is... Icarus, was it?"

Last chance for name change.
[ ] "Yeah."
[ ] "No, that's not it..." (Vote for other name)

Also
[ ] "Nice to meet you." Extend your hand.
[ ] "You're quite the dancer, even if your social skills are lacking."
[ ] Let's try joke like with Satori. (Think of something to think)
[ ] Say nothing
>> No. 6398
[X] "Yeah."
[X] "Nice to meet you." Extend your hand.
>> No. 6399
[Q] "Yeah."
[Q] "Nice to meet you." Extend your hand.

...I got nothing.
>> No. 6400
[ ] "No, that's not it...It's Bob Ross, distinguished painter."
[Q] "Nice to meet you." Extend your hand.
>> No. 6401
[x] "No, that's not it... it's Nathan Drake, explorer."
[x] "Nice to meet you." Extend your hand.

in b4 she ignores our hand-
>> No. 6405
[ ] "No, that's not it, I'm Noone"
[ ] "Nice to meet you." Extend your hand.
[ ] "You're quite the dancer, even if your social skills are lacking."
[ ] Let's try joke like with Satori. (Foursome with Satori, Koishi and Parsee)
>> No. 6408
[ ] "No, that's not it...It's Bob Ross, distinguished painter."
[ ] "Nice to meet you." Extend your hand.
[ ] "You're quite the dancer, even if your social skills are lacking."
[ ] Let's try joke like with Satori. (Foursome with Satori, Koishi and Parsee)
>> No. 6409
[X] "Yeah."
[X] "Nice to meet you." Extend your hand.
>> No. 6420
[x] "Yeah."
[x] "Nice to meet you." Extend your hand.
[x] "You're not much for conversation, but you dance quite well." Smile.

Reworded to not sound insulting.
>> No. 6421
{X} "Yeah."
{X} "Nice to meet you." Extend your hand.
{X} "You're not much for conversation, but you dance quite well." Smile.
>> No. 6425
[x] "Yeah."
[x] "Nice to meet you." Extend your hand.
[x] "You're not much for conversation, but you dance quite well." Smile.
>> No. 6429
[X] "Yeah."
[X] "Nice to meet you." Extend your hand.
[X] "You're not much for conversation, but you dance quite well." Smile.
>> No. 6430
[X] "Yeah."
[X] "Nice to meet you." Extend your hand.
[X] "You're not much for conversation, but you dance quite well." Smile.
>> No. 6441
Called as
[X] "Yeah."
[X] "Nice to meet you." Extend your hand.
[X] "You're not much for conversation, but you dance quite well." Smile.

Writing, etc.
>> No. 6444
Waiting, etc.
>> No. 6445
Seven minutes later
>> No. 6449
I passed out due to not enough sleep and now I don't have time. Update when I get home.
>> No. 6472
>>6449

Are you home yet?
>> No. 6476
>>6472
He went to sleep.
>> No. 6477
>>6472
His house is 7 minutes away.
>> No. 6491
Been tired, so this one's taken forever.

[X] "Yeah."
[X] "Nice to meet you." Extend your hand.
[X] "You're not much for conversation, but you dance quite well." Smile.

"Yeah, that's right. Nice to meet you. You're not much for conversation, but you dance quite well."
You hold out your hand to Koishi, who doesn't take it. What's with this girl?
"Koishi! Be respectful! He's a guest!"
Koishi grudgingly takes your hand and shakes it.
"Hello."
She mutters before taking her hand back and returning to taking things out of the case. Satori laughs.
"Don't worry about her. She's always like this."
"Always?"
That seems a little odd. Suddenly, there's a sharp pain in your face.
"Gah-"
Without any warning at all, Koishi just started dabbing you with something.
"What was that?"
"Disinfectant."
She replies calmly before continuing to dab the rest of your face. It hurts especially when she gets to the cut below your left eye, but you try your best to ignore it. She puts the disinfectant away and pulls out some bandages to wrap around your cuts. You figure they don't have anything like band-aids, and some of the cuts are too big anyway. Soon enough, your head is wrapped in bandages. She's not very empathetic, but at least she's fast.
"Sorry if she's not very gentle. We don't need to do this much."
That's a good thing, right?
"Take off your shirt."
"Huh?"
That takes you a little by surprise. Does this girl have to be so blunt? Still, you comply, and stand up for her. Your body probably isn't in very good shape at the moment, either. Looking down, there's a lot of small cuts across your torso, but it looks like the one on your face was the deepest. She doesn't wast any time, and starts dabbing disinfectant onto your cuts, each time giving you a small bout of pain.
"Well, there's something I'd like to talk to you about."
Satori pipes up again.
"Sure, go ahead."
"Well, as you're a human, you don't have anywhere to stay, do you? You may not be aware, but it's already quite late in the day."
You're not sure how they figure that out when they can't even see the sun, but you keep that to yourself.
"Unless you're planning to sleep on the street, you have two choices. We can try to find you a place to stay in the village, or you can stay here in the palace."
She's offering to let you stay here? That's a nice offer; this place looks very comfortable. The village, not so much.
"If you want to stay in the village, we'll need to find you lodging first. I have few rules if you choose to stay here, so it's a matter of where you would feel more comfortable, really. I will need you to stay here for one night while we find your accommodation in the village, however."
So either way, you're staying here tonight.

[ ] Stay in the palace
[ ] Find somewhere to stay in the village
>> No. 6502
[X] Find somewhere to stay in the village

Not only will we be closer to Parsee, to find out what the hell's going on with her, but we might get a chance to see if Yuugi's sake even drop.
>> No. 6503
[x] Find somewhere to stay in the village.

Some sense of independence?
>> No. 6504
[x] Find somewhere to stay in the village.

We already know two people that are capable of mind control. I'm feeling a little paranoid.
>> No. 6505
[x] Find somewhere to stay in the village.

Satori's not showing much restraint with that eye of hers, and I doubt she'd be willing to. Seems like a bad idea to keep hanging around if she's going to keep mind/heart probing us like this.
>> No. 6506
>>6505

If that happens we can just imagine something like her gruesome death in ways as numerous as they are creative, right?

Or a fourway between us, Parsee, herself, and her sister.

Oh, the possibilities!
>> No. 6507
[X] Find somewhere to stay in the village

"I appreciate the gesture, but where does Parsee sleep?"
>> No. 6509
[X] Find somewhere to stay in the village.
>> No. 6513
[ ] Find somewhere to stay in the village

Moe Moe Mind control will have to wait for another time.
>> No. 6515
>>6385

If it's already up, where is it?

[ ] Find somewhere to stay in the village
>> No. 6521
>>6506
>a fourway between us, Parsee, herself, and her sister
I'm imagining that already.
>> No. 6522
>>6515

It isn't. I believe he's waiting for the /underground/ board. Anyway, writing and such.
>> No. 6524
File 122034516694.jpg - (271.45KB , 515x728 , 2e1d0b07f11760d5290081a7c34672c5.jpg ) [iqdb]
6524
Fixed some redundancy~

[X] Find somewhere to stay in the village

Stay in a palace like this? That's an amazing offer! This kind of luxury would normally cost you an arm and a leg, but you're getting offered it for free! But... Even so, you don't really want to stay here. There's just something about Satori that scares you, and it's not that she can stop your heart from beating. Wait, if she knows what you're thinking-
"You've decided, then. I'll have the preparations made. You'll leave in the morning."
She turns her head as she says this, not looking at you.
"Satori, I-"
[Be quiet.]
A voice inside your head.
[Just... don't, alright? You've made your choice.]
She lifts her head back up.
"Koishi, thank you. You can go now."
Koishi nods and starts packing the case again.
"Icarus, come with me. I'll take you to your room."
Satori stands up and heads for the door. You want to say something to her, but no words will come. You walk through several corridors in silence, before Satori abruptly stops.
"This is it. I'll come get you in the morning."
You can't think, and just nod to her as she leaves. You watch her go, unable to shake the feeling that you've wronged her in some way. Trying to ignore it, you go into the room.
It's what you expected. A large bed, with similar closets and a dresser, all of which are empty. The sight of a bed makes you realise just how tired you are, and you fall down onto it, not even bothering to get beneath the covers before you fall asleep.


You wake up underneath the covers. Shaking the tiredness from your body, you open your eyes. Your arm is around a girl lying in bed with you. Short blonde hair, tucked behind her ears. Naked. She's facing away from you. But this is normal. You kiss her on the shoulder.
"Hey. How are you today?"
"Mm..."
She lets out a sleepy reply, before rolling over to face you.


She has no eyes.


You spring up out of the bed, waking up from that nightmare. You're sweating, even though you aren't under the covers. You think it's because of the dream, but even as you calm down, you still feel hot. It's not from the dream. It's definitely abnormally hot.

[ ] Ignore it, go back to sleep
[ ] Investigate
>> No. 6525
[ ] Investigate

the vindow it must be closed
>> No. 6526
[x] Investigate

Hot in hell? Unpossible!

>>6525

>Ze vindow, it must be closed!

Now, thanks to you, I'm imagining Mokou as a crazy German officer. Awesome.
>> No. 6528
>>6526
>crazy German officer
...

{X} Investigate
>> No. 6529
[x] Investigate

What can I say Satori? You reap what you sow.
>> No. 6530
New rule, I'll call it if an option gets to 4 without any votes for anything else, like now, instead of waiting for 5. Hence, called.
>> No. 6531
>>There's just something about Satori that scares you, and it's not that she can stop your heart from beating. Wait, if she knows what you're thinking-
>>"You've decided, then. I'll have the preparations made. You'll leave in the morning."
>>She turns her head as she says this, not looking at you.
>>"Satori, I-"
>>[Be quiet.]
>>A voice inside your head.
>>[Just... don't, alright? You've made your choice.]

Hurrah. We just made the hated girl feel even more hated.

[x] Investigate
>> No. 6533
[X] Investigate

You can't get back to sleep like this. Thankfully you're still dressed, even if your clothes are in poor shape. The bandages around your head are annoying, so you take them off. At least the cut's stopped bleeding, even if it hasn't healed. You make your way out of the room to a scene of some kind of silent chaos. All those white glowing things that were just floating around before are rushing in a certain direction, and every now and then an animal will follow. You decide to head after them. Through several corridors. Down stairs. The heat keeps getting stronger. Eventually you open your door to... A courtyard? It's the same one from those photos. But, you don't have time to think about that.
"Utsuho! What the hell is going on?!"
Satori is here, yelling to a girl with long black hair. In the middle of the courtyard is something underneath a glass cover. There's a bright orange light coming from it, and the white things are floating towards it. Whatever the heat is, it's coming from there. You're sweating. There's also a girl dressed in black with red twin-tails and... cat ears?
"I don't know! It's just gone out of control!"
The black-haired girl yells back.
"Well fix it! Orin! Don't let the souls get down there!"
The black-haired girl lifts up the glass cover and jumps down there. The red-haired girl runs to the cover and stands on top of it. None of the white things seem to be able to get near her, as they stop once they get too close and simply hover there. Satori doesn't seem to be doing anything.

[ ] Just go back to your room
[ ] Ask Satori what's going on
[ ] Try to see what's below the glass
>> No. 6534
>>6530
[x] Ask Satori what's going on
Sounds like all "hell" has broken loose, eh?
...
I'll get my coat.
>> No. 6536
[ ] Ask Satori what's going on
[ ] Try to see what's below the glass
>> No. 6537
{X} Just go back to your room.

whatever.jpg
>> No. 6542
[x] Ask Satori what's going on
>> No. 6549
[x] Ask Satori what's going on

She'll hear us wondering about it anyway.
>> No. 6550
[X] Ask Satori what's going on
>> No. 6551
[ ] Ask Satori what's going on
[ ] Try to see what's below the glass
>> No. 6553
[X] Ask Satori what's going on
>> No. 6666
[X] Ask Satori what's going on
[X] Try to see what's below the glass
>> No. 6825
[x] Just go back to your room

I AM NOT IMPRESSED
>> No. 7059
[x] Look around for updates
>> No. 7069
There were plans to update today. There really were. Unfortunately these plans were raped up the ass by voting and my brother making me go clubbing with him.
Updates will resume tomorrow.
>> No. 7219
File 122081411866.png - (244.68KB , 516x516 , b74cb70685a28e065baa751def81edb2.png ) [iqdb]
7219
Cocked up part of the update, so if anyone saw it just then, that's why it got deleted. Anyway, here it is.

I fucked something up, sorry. Orin doesn't stand on top of the glass. It's left open, and Orin is flying over it.

[X] Ask Satori what's going on

Great. Now people are flying. As if this place wasn't weird enough already. You run over to Satori, trying to see what's underneath the glass as you do, but you can't tell from here.
"Satori!"
Satori seems to only just notice you. She waits for you until you reach her.
"What's... going on?"
You'd like to put it a little better, but that's really the only question you can ask. Satori sighs and sits down the nearest bench, motioning for you to do the same. You sit down next to her. It's a little odd. Wasn't she panicking before?
"It's fine. It'll be over in a little while."
The air does seem to be cooling down, if nothing else.
"No, really. What's going on?"
Satori sighs and points at the hole in the courtyard.
"That's the Hell of Blazing Fires. I could describe it, but it'd be easiest for you to look at it later. Anyway, this happens often. It gets too hot, and we have to open the cover to let the heat out. That's why it's so hot here. Once it's cooled down, we close it again. Anyway, it's Utsuho's fault for letting it get to this point in the first place."
You don't really get what she's talking about, but that's become natural for you over the last day. Can't these people explain anything clearly?
While she gave her brief explanation, the air's become considerably cooler, but it's still hotter than when you went to bed. The black-haired girl hops up out of the hole again, and closes the glass cover. As soon as she does so, the white things crowding around seem to stop for a second before floating back off towards the rest of the palace.

Now that everybody isn't panicked, you take a moment to examine the two. Utsuho, the black-haired girl, has a white shirt and a green skirt. She has... something in her chest. Unlike Satori and Koishi, it isn't on the side, but rather in the exact middle of her chest. It's not an eye like Satori's is, either. If it were an eye, it would be the eye of a reptile. Still, you don't think it's the same as Satori's. Her long black hair is tied with a green ribbon, but that doesn't stop it from flowing widely behind her. When she was getting out she had what looked like some kind of cape, but it's gone now. Was it your imagination?

The red-haired girl then, must be Orin. She's wearing some strange black dress with green frills all over it and ribbons tied around it in places. Her hair is tied into twin-braids with a few ribbons, but the most confusing thing is that she seems to have two sets of ears, human and cat. The cat ones must be fake, right?
As they get closer, you notice they both have red eyes.

"Hey Satori, who's this? You need to tell us when you have guests over!"
Orin pipes up as they walk over to you.
"Yeah! Don't keep us out of the loop!"
Utsuho joins in. Seems like Satori never bothered to tell them about you.

[ ] Introduce yourself (how?)
[ ] Ask Satori why she didn't tell them about you
>> No. 7220
FFFFFFFFFFFF

Forgot to say. I'm too tired to think of any other choices, so write-ins are more welcome than usual.
>> No. 7226
[X] Introduce yourself as Parsee's husband.

This is a good idea, I can feel it!
>> No. 7232
[X] Introduce yourself as Satori's secret lover.
[X] "Nice to meet you, I'm Icarus."
[X] "Look around "So, this is how the palace is like? Satori never let me out the Love Chamber before, and I must it's quite impressive."

This is a good idea, I can fel it!
>> No. 7234
[X] "The name's Icarus, your ordinary cave explorer from the surface who managed to drop into a not so ordinary place. So far it has been a heart stopping experience.
>> No. 7235
[X] "My name's Quote. I'm a soldier from the surface."
>> No. 7236
[x] "I am the Lizard King. I can do anything!"
>> No. 7237
File 122083736656.jpg - (24.10KB , 640x480 , 1220280348783.jpg ) [iqdb]
7237
>> No. 7238
[x] Ask Satori why she didn't tell them about you
>> No. 7239
[X] "My name's Quote. I'm a soldier from the surface."

Fuck yeah Cave Story
>> No. 7240
>>7235
>>7239

We've been over this. We're not Quote. We're not going to be Quote. Stop it.
>> No. 7241
[x] Ask Satori why she didn't tell them about you

She must be ashamed of us.
>> No. 7242
[x] Ask Satori why she didn't tell them about you
>> No. 7244
[] Watashi wa L desu!
>> No. 7246
[X] "My name's Quote. I'm a soldier from the surface."

>>7240
But there has been no sign of the alleged other story, so yeah!

Why are you giving us a naming choice at all if you're going to bitch about the outcome? Chill and roll with it, or pass it off as a joke if you're dead set on the Icarus nonsense for whatever reason.
>> No. 7248
[ゆ] "I'm John Freeman. I'm here to avenge my bro Gordon and face full life consequences."
>> No. 7252
>>7250
Annnnd voting Quote for our character is idiotic because why, again?
>> No. 7254
How about John Eshimudos? (Eshimudos means 'Freeman' in Dwarven. And we're underground, so we're LIKE a dwarf.)
>> No. 7255
>>7252

Because we already had a chance for a name change and decided that Icarus was just fine.
>> No. 7267
How exactly did you people get the idea that I was giving you a second name choice here? You're introducing yourself, not making a whole new identity. You already had a chance to change the name, and people voted against it.
>> No. 7268
To make things clear for those of you who obviously didn't get it,
>>7226
>>7232
>>7234
got it right. I could call it now as [X] Ask Satori why she didn't tell them about you, but I'd rather give you guys the choice.
You're not picking a new name here.
>> No. 7294
[x] "The name's Icarus, your ordinary cave explorer from the surface who managed to drop into a not so ordinary place. So far it has been a heart-stopping experience."

WE NEED MORE VALID VOTES HERE, PEOPLE
>> No. 7297
FINE

[X] Introduce yourself as Parsee's husband.


GOD
>> No. 7325
[x] "The name's Icarus, your ordinary cave explorer from the surface who managed to drop into a not so ordinary place. So far it has been a heart-stopping experience."

Best choice, Rip agreed, don't bother him about it.
>> No. 7351
>>7325
[x] "The name's Icarus, your ordinary cave explorer from the surface who managed to drop into a not so ordinary place. So far it has been a heart-stopping experience."

I mean why not.
>> No. 7362
[x] "I am Icarus Freeman, son of Daedalus Freeman"
>> No. 7381
[x] "The name's Icarus, your ordinary cave explorer from the surface who managed to drop into a not so ordinary place. So far it has been a heart-stopping experience."
>> No. 7404
[x] "I am Icarus Freeman, son of Daedalus Freeman, and it's time for me to live up my fa-DAMNIT! NOT AGAIN!"
[x] *Ahem!* "The name's Icarus, your ordinary cave explorer from the surface who managed to drop into a not so ordinary place. So far it has been a heart-stopping experience."
>> No. 7431
[X] "The name's Icarus, your ordinary cave explorer from the surface who managed to drop into a not so ordinary place. So far it has been a heart-stopping experience."

Well, if Satori didn't tell them about you, then you may as well introduce yourself.
"The name's Icarus, your ordinary cave explorer from the surface who managed to drop into a not so ordinary place. So far it has been a heart-stopping experience."

"Hah?"
Orin and Utsuho are staring at you with odd expressions. To your side, Satori puts her head in her hand and sighs.
"Aha.. hahaha!"
Without warning, Orin starts laughing.
"What kind of introduction was that? A simple 'hey, name's Icarus' would have been fine, but that? Hahaha~"
She keeps laughing, and despite yourself, you can't help but join in a little. She stops to lean over in front of Satori and puts on a sly grin. You notice something move behind her, around her waist.
"Heart-stopping, eh? What have you been keeping him in place for, Mistress?"
Satori's hands jerk back down and her face freezes in a blush.
"It's not-"
Orin turns to you and looks you over.
"Well, I must say, he's quite the looker, and that scar... Into the manly types this time, Satori?"
"H-hey! It's not like that! Really!"
"Isn't it?"
Orin keeps poking fun at Satori, with Utsuho keeping quiet in the background.

[ ] Tease Satori with Orin
[ ] Defend Satori
[ ] Talk to Utsuho
>> No. 7433
>>7432
That was funny. But how about we actually give poor Anonymaster some serious vot-

Holy ahit!

[x] Examine your hands in apt fascination.
[x] Palms, man...palms. And thumbs. Freakin' awesome, man.
[x] Holy shit, look at all these little lines! They're going all over the place! Ha ha, holy shit!
[x] Wait, hold on, I can bend these things here.
[x] Wait, wait, wait what about the BACK of my hands? Huh? What about the BACK of them?
[x] Holy shit.
>> No. 7434
File 122095232628.jpg - (32.43KB , 574x500 , ಠ_ಠ.jpg ) [iqdb]
7434
[x] Examine your hands in apt fascination.
[x] Palms, man...palms. And thumbs. Freakin' awesome, man.
[x] Holy shit, look at all these little lines! They're going all over the place! Ha ha, holy shit!
[x] Wait, hold on, I can bend these things here.
[x] Wait, wait, wait what about the BACK of my hands? Huh? What about the BACK of them?
[x] Holy shit.

None of this is really interesting to you. Something far more important has captured your attention. You look down at your hands. You've never really studied them before. You should have; they're FUCKING AWESOME.
Palms, man. Fucking palms! This shit kicks ass! And thumbs! Opposable thumbs let you do all kinds of things that those fucking retarded lesser creatures can't! Like hold pens and shit! Fuck yeah, thumbs are the pinnacle of evolution!
And Jesus Christ look at these fucking lines everywhere! They're like fuckin' hand wrinkles or some shit. They're all over the fuckin' place, god damn.
You flex your hands to illustrate how awesome they are. Fuck yeah, bending them. You can do all kinds of awesome shit when you bend your hands. Like play instruments and grab stuff and shit.
You turn your hands over. The fucking backs of 'em, man, they're awesome too. Holy fucking Jesus shit, man, the back of your fucking hands. This shit is the shit, man.

You notice that in the meantime, everybody's stopped talking. Utsuho and Orin are staring at you, while Satori is scrambling away with a horrified look in her eyes. Oh right, mind reading and shit.

And then Icarus fell down into the hell of blazing fires.

Bad end.
>> No. 7435
{X} Look at your hands some more.
>> No. 7436
That update was the shit.
Except you have to capitalize BAD END. Everyone knows that.

[X] Tease Satori with Orin
>> No. 7437
File 122095308194.jpg - (118.70KB , 600x600 , 1220304540855.jpg ) [iqdb]
7437
{X} Look at your hands some more.

You're falling into that hell of blazing fires. Satori chucked you down here. That bitch was obviously jealous of your fucking awesome hands. Speaking of, you probably have a while before you die, so you decide to spend your last moments absorbed in how fuckin' amazing your hands are. God damn, these are beautiful hands. Your fingers are long and slender. The tips are calloused but not rough; you use moisturiser. Fuck yeah, you took care of these beauties. You want to fuck these hands.
You take out the Polar Star and aim it at your hand. Bang. A hole goes straight through it. You whip out your dick and J-J-JAM IT IN. Hand fuck, it's awwwwright.
It's like jacking off, only better, because you're actually fucking your hand. God damn, you're a genius.

And then Icarus fell in the fire.

WORSE END.
>> No. 7438
{X} Look at your hands as a ghost.
>> No. 7439
[X] Look at your hands as a ghost.
>> No. 7441
{X} Look at your hands as a ghost.

You wake up in some place you don't recognise. There's a huge stairway leading upwards. You can't see the end of it. You decide to start walking upwards, then remember what you were doing.
FUCK YEAH, HANDS. Only now, they're ghost hands. They look somewhat different, now that they're see-through and all. You stare at them absentmindedly as you walk up the stairway. You can't seem to bring as much enthusiasm into the activity as before. When you reach the top, there's some mansion and some girl with pink hair waiting for you.
"Hey, you're the hand guy. Well, come on-"
You just walk past her and sit on a bench, staring at your hands.
"Hey."
You stare at your hands.
"Hey."
You stare at your hands.
"Hey."
This woman is getting annoying, interrupting your staring at your hands.
"Fuck off."
The woman looks surprised, then gives you an angry look. Your hands disappeared.
"Maybe that'll teach you some manners. Now go to hell."
You wake up in hell. It's not pleasant. There's fire and stuff everywhere.
But you don't care anymore.
Without your hands, you don't care about anything.

HANDLESS END.

Ok, that's it. Now go vote on the proper post.
>> No. 7442
{ } Look at your feet.

...

{X} Defend Satori
>> No. 7443
Wow.
[X] Take it easy, don't worry about votes, and update the actual story that fast, that was amazing.
>> No. 7444
>>7443

Note that each post was small, took about 10-15 minutes, and was done on a single vote.
And that it was QUALITY.

For the actual story I have to worry about writing it well.
>> No. 7445
[x] Tease Satori with Orin.

That's right, you were the FUiG 2.0 guy. Hi-Larious!

Now to mess with heartbitch~
>> No. 7446
[x] Talk to Utsuho

Not going to entertain Satori's desire to keep us. I still like Parsee.
>> No. 7453
[x] Defend Satori
Her personality type doesn't really make her suited for teasing, plus it's best to keep sweet with the heart-reading ruler of the palace.
>> No. 7454
[x] Defend Satori
>> No. 7460
[X] Defend Satori.
[X] After all, it's Parsee who's captured your heart.

Parsee~
>> No. 7461
[x] Tease Satori with Orin.

She reads mind, she'll know you're teasing her and not meaning any offense...
>> No. 7464
[x] Tease Satori with Orin.
>> No. 7467
[x] Defend Satori.
[x] After all, it's Parsee who's captured your heart.

Poor green-eyed demon.
>> No. 7469
Now now, I have to explain everything don't I?

Choosing to tease her is a win/win/win Option, here's why:

- You somewhat become Orin's partner in crime on this one. Do I even need to explain more?
- Satori knows anything you think, therefore she knows it's all game and there's no harm intended.
- As for Parsee? well there isn't Jealousy moe if there's no jealousy at all... Besides it's not because we're on her route that we have to become boring when she's not around.
>> No. 7472
Teasing Satori won 'caust it got to five first. I was gonna say so earlier, but I got distracted. Anyway, I won't have time for another update tonight 'cause I have a test in the morning.

Also, I'm gonna change it from 5 votes to 4, so things go a bit faster. The unchallanged 4 vote thing is now 3 unchallanged.
>> No. 7579
File 122112110322.jpg - (177.27KB , 500x577 , 1220167918378.jpg ) [iqdb]
7579
[X] Tease Satori with Orin

You can't resist. You mutter a silent apology to Satori and hope she hears it before joining in with Orin. You stand up and put on a horrified expression.
"It was terrible! This woman is a true beast! She held me in place, and then... then..."
[Hey!]
"Hey!"
Two shouts of protest from Satori.
"Oh~ What happened then?"
Orin exaggeratedly asks, and you emphasise your response with theatrics, bringing the back of your hand to your forehead.
"She touched me! I feel so violated! My pelvis is so sore! This woman is insatiable!"
Sneaking a look at Satori, she's blushing madly. Utsuho is trying not to laugh in the background.
"Oh~ What happened next?"
Orin dances around as she asks. You try to sound as pained as possible.
"My... my... She used my ass! It hurts to sit down!"
Utsuho snorts and starts laughing madly. Orin starts laughing as well.
"Your-ha-your ass-ahaha-she used your-hahahaha!"
Orin can't even get a proper sentence out; she's laughing so much. You join in and laugh, and gratefully note that Satori's laughing, despite still blushing and obviously trying not to.

Once you all calmed down you sat back on the bench.
"Very funny. They'll never let this slide, you know."
Satori sourly complains about your joking.
"Aw, come on, it was funny."
She puffs out her cheeks and turns away.
[Yeah.]
She won't admit it fully, huh? Cute.
[He-]
"Hey Satori, can we keep him? He's funny."
Orin's lying down with her head in Satori's lap. Utsuho's sitting next to her.
"That would be up to him. He's not a pet, like you two."
Satori scratches Orin's ears and she lets out a small moan.
"Hey~ That's mean~"

[ ] "What's the deal with those things, anyway?" Point to the ears
[ ] "So, where's Koishi?"
[ ] "What was going on earlier?"
[ ] Talk about Parsee
[ ] Talk to Utsuho (say something)
>> No. 7580
[X] Talk about Parsee

I'd like to know Orin's and Okuu's opinions of her.
>> No. 7581
[X] "What's the deal with those things, anyway?" Point to the ears
>> No. 7582
{X} "What was going on earlier?"
{X} Talk about Parsee
>> No. 7588
[x] Talk to Utsuho (ask about her job in the Hell of Blazing Fires)
I dunno, bringing up Parsee feels like a complete moodkiller right now, especially when we're getting on with everyone so well. Though I guess it's fine if it's just questions about her nature and such.
>> No. 7590
[X] Ask them about Parsee.

Parsee~.
>> No. 7600
[ ] Talk about Parsee
>> No. 7601
[Q] "What's the deal with those things, anyway?" Point to the ears
>> No. 7602
[x] "What's the deal with those, anyway?" Point to the ears
[x] "What was going on earlier?"
[x] Talk about Parsee

In that order. Kind of awkward to bring up Parsee right away.
>> No. 7604
[x] "What's the deal with those, anyway?" Point to the ears
[x] "What was going on earlier?"
[x] Talk about Parsee


Okay.
>> No. 7607
[x] "What's the deal with those, anyway?" Point to the ears
[x] "What was going on earlier?"
[x] Talk about Parsee
>> No. 7609
[x] "What's the deal with those, anyway?" Point to the ears
[x] "What was going on earlier?"
[x] Talk about Parsee
>> No. 7612
[x] "What's the deal with those, anyway?" Point to the ears
[x] "What was going on earlier?"
[x] Talk about Parsee
>> No. 7661
>"What's the deal with those, anyway?"

You guys don't need to be so paranoid. The options I give aren't going to be bad just because of one word.

Anyway, writing and such.
>> No. 7662
...So I tried to type, but because I cocked up my finger earlier today it's too painful and I keep losing my concentration.
Hopefully it'll be better tomorrow so I can continue then.
>> No. 7789
>>7662

What about the day after tomorrow?
>> No. 7797
Updates?
>> No. 8304
Should probably have said this sooner.
I haven't had much time to update lately as it's the last few weeks of college and hence I have to do all the work I haven't done for the other three terms. As such, I'm pretty busy.
Next week is the last week though, so after that I'll be back to normal speed. In the meantime, I'll probably only manage to pump out two or so updates.

Anonymaster does his best now and is working. Please watch warmly until he is finished.
>> No. 8307
>>8304
>>hence I have to do all the work I haven't done for the other three terms.
I've been there. Best of luck.
>> No. 8448
Suddenly, writing style change! Somewhat.

[X] "What's the deal with those, anyway?" Point to the ears
[X] "What was going on earlier?"
[X] Talk about Parsee

This has been bugging you for a while.
"What's the deal with those, anyway?"
You point at Orin's ears while you say this. She meets your gaze and says plainly:
"Well, that's because I'm a cat."
"...What?"
"No, really." She gets up and turns away from you. At her waist are tails poking out of her dress. Two of them. "See? A cat."
"Don't cats usually have one tail?"
She turns back around to face you. "Geez, so picky! Fine, I'll just have to show you."

There's a small burst of light that comes from Orin, forcing you to close your eyes. When you open them again, there's... a cat. With two tails. Orin's gone.
The cat hops up into Satori's lap, who starts petting her, to the cat's delight. It softly purrs in her lap.
"Is that... Orin?"
"Mm. Utsuho can do this too."
You look to Utsuho, who nods in agreement.
"So, what is she, then?"
"A nekomata." Showing on your face your lack of understanding, she explains further. "A cat youkai. It sometimes happens when animals live for a long time. They turn into youkai, like these two."
You do at least remember that youkai are like demons or monsters in Japanese folklore. It's kind of a catch-all term, rather than a specific one.
"Utsuho's a yatagarasu; a raven turned youkai."
A cat and a bird, huh? That's a little-
"Off? I thought so too, but they get along well."
Come to think of it, you remember seeing a cat and bird at the festival earlier, with Satori and Koishi. It must have been these two. Another burst of light, and Orin's back to her human form, lying in Satori's lap again. Utsuho doesn't seem like she wants to demonstrate.

"So, what was going on earlier? With whatever's down there."
You point towards that glass cover.
"Why don't you go take a look?"
You get up and head to the middle of the courtyard, with the glass cover. Looking down, there's some kind of furnace. All you can see is fire.
"Like I said-" Gah. She's right behind you. "-that's the Hell of Blazing Fires. You'd probably know it better as just 'Hell'."
"Hell? Like, the place sinners go when they die?"
"That's correct. It's probably not as grand as you imagined, but I'm sure the people burning down there have other things to complain about. Well, if they were alive, that is."
Hell. This palace was built on top of Hell. So you're underground, there's demons and animals-turned-youkai, and you're standing mere feet from the entrance to hell. There's no way this place can get any crazier.
"So, as I told you before, when it gets too hot down there, we need to open the vent and let the heat out."
"Then... What about when it gets too cold?"
"Then we burn people!" Orin cheerily pipes in. That's... a little disconcerting.
"Oh, don't worry. We only burn corpses."
"Then, those things floating around are..."
"Their souls. We can't let them get down there. They're not very good fuel. It's like putting paper in a fire compared to a forest. Unfortunately, the bodies won't burn if the soul is gone. They'll burn, but they won't feed the fire. Do you understand?"
"Not really."
"Then you're in the same boat as us. As the Queen and master of this palace, regulating the flames is my duty. That's all I know. The Judge didn't tell me any more."

You're about to leave, but then you remember that photo you saw earlier. It had Parsee and Satori in it, in this courtyard. You turn to Satori.
"So, what's the deal with Parsee? You seem pretty hostile to her, though you said you used to be friends."
Satori sighs.
"Orin, Utsuho, you may leave."
"Aw, that's no fun!"
Orin objects, but she leaves anyway, talking happily with Utsuho as she does. Once they've left the courtyard altogether, Satori turns back to you with a glare.
"I'll tell you straight out. Parsee is... troubled. She has problems; wounds that cannot be healed. She's a burden too heavy for you to bear."
That's...

[ ] "Then I'll just have to become stronger."
[ ] "...You're right."


...I already know what option you're all going to pick, but I didn't want to be putting words in your mouth in case you actually go against my expectations.
>> No. 8449
{X} "Then I'll just have to become stronger."
>> No. 8451
[x] "...You're right."
OH HO BET YOU DIDN'T EXPECT THIS
>> No. 8453
[ ] "Then I'll just have to become stronger."

strong caveman
>> No. 8454
[x] "Then I'll just have to become stronger."

Green-eyed demon of love~
>> No. 8456
[X] "Then I'll just have to become stronger."
>> No. 8460
[x] "Then I'll just have to become stronger."

Gonna stand my ground; / Won't be turned around.
>> No. 8467
>>8448

Just something worth noting, but Orin is actually a kasha, not a nekomata. Kasha were cat-like youkai who stole the corpses from graves, hence her powers. People used to have two funerals - one where they were eulogized and what not with a stand-in body to keep a kasha from stealing the corpse in the middle of the ceremony, and one where they quietly buried the body and went through all the required burial rites to keep kasha away.

Similarly, Utsuho is actually just some kind of hellish raven, not a yatagarasu. The way she received her power was by being possessed, or made the vessel of a yatagarsu; she isn't one herself.

Just for clarification. Either way:

[X] "Then I'll just have to become stronger."
>> No. 8488
>>8467

Both of those are subjective. A kasha is still a youkai, and a nekomata is a cat turned youkai, so depending on how you look at it, Orin could be both. I just decided to go with her being a nekomata, whereas a kasha could be seen as her occupation.
In contrast though, I suppose I messed up with Utsuho, seeing as she doesn't have the nuclear fusion powers in this and hence no third leg, and thus not really a yatagarasu.

Anyway, [X] "Then I'll just have to become stronger." won.
>> No. 8496
Never Gonna Give You Up.mp3