[Return]
Archived thread

File 135762777122.jpg - (263.44KB , 850x850 , OM NOM.jpg ) [iqdb]
47860 2013/01/08(Tue)06:49 No. 47860
Wake up.

Wake up wake up wake up wake up!

If you are remembering anything correctly from glancing at crap on the internet after that argument about mythical hazards, then right now you are in a succubus' dream world trap, and if you pop the cork on your champagne bottle, as it were, then your soul is suddenly going to become the entree spread for a daemonic all you can eat buffet.

You have no idea, exactly, what that means for you.

But you very much doubt it's anything good. Especially given the finality she was implying.

Your eyes cross and no no no no no, baseball, cleaning gutters... okay, for a moment, you almost...

Never mind. Never mind that.

"Whhhhyyy..." You rasp slowly, voice barely able to sound out.

She chuckles.

"Someone wants you dead." She says, freely. "Lucky, lucky you... you're getting to go out. With a bang. Isn't that nice of me~?"

This is not helpful, at all. Or reassuring.

Alright. You had your chance, asshole. Now, guess who gets to do the heavy lifting?

Your hand rises up, leaving her still as she watches it, obviously startled look in her face....

As it latches around your own god damned throat, what the fuck.

"You can't kill me if I kill me FIRST!" your voice chokes out.

No.

No, this is the opposite of a good plan!

"I can't believe what's stupider. That you're actually trying this, or that it's working." the succubus growls, eyes blazing.

You're still not comforted, because you can't fucking breathe.

....

Ow. Fucking ow!

She just moved, back and forward, and jesus that hurts, without warning or preparation or fuck it all why haven't you woken up yet?

You can feel her hips moving rapidly. You think 'her' is still the word. You don't know, fuck, does it even matter in a dream?

"... Little something to remember me by." She grunts, before shivering lightly and coming to a stop.

"I'll see you soon~" She promises. "And you won't get away from me so easily then~"

That's not a good thing, and if she'll see you soon, then why did she feel the need to-?

... So you know what to expect?

Everything goes grey and foggy.

You wake up, thrashing your way out of the comfortable bed and, once you pry your own hand off of your throat, gasping desperately for breath.

Duncan very slowly arches one eyebrow.

"The young sir involves himself in rather unusual night-time practices, I see." He notes, dryly.

---

6:00 AM, Day 18

[ ] What do you do?

>> 2013/01/08(Tue)09:26 No. 47862
[x] Thank your inner voice for waking you up, if a little excessive.
[x] Are you physically fine?
[x] "Good Morning Duncan, that was not what it looked like. I just, I... had the most horrible dream in my life just now"
-[x] "Do you happen to know anything about the occult? maybe some kind of wizard or shaman in this city that sells its services? The one who tried to kill me with the Flandre yesterday might have tried to get me in my sleep somehow"
-[x]"May I ask for a glass of water before I leave?"
[x] Dress yourself, gather your stuff and be extra careful on the way home

Koa really gets around, just *how* common was the grimoire that had her summoning spell?
Also, sleeping is not safe anymore.
>> 2013/01/08(Tue)09:56 No. 47863
[x]Ask the butler about occult persons

Butlers always know everything. Even if he doesn't know anyone personally there must be some sort of registry for magic users. Yukari wouldn't allow rogue mages in her playground.
>> 2013/01/08(Tue)10:45 No. 47864
Fantastic. Someone summoned Koakuma to kill us.

How the hell are we supposed to survive?
>> 2013/01/08(Tue)13:42 No. 47868
>>47864

I am fairly confident the point Kahi is trying to convey here is the fact that the other contestants are not playing fair. They most likely realized that, with information regarding other participants readily available, the easiest way to win is to simply kill everyone above you.

That being said, I am firmly of the opinion that our most prudent course of action would be to train up a yukkuri assault squad. We have seen a few examples of truly powerful yukkuri(Knife Stalker Flandre, Bunny, Demon mutant Chen) and a few examples of yukkuri that can be used defensively as well(Hatate's perfect reconssance ability)

As crazy as it sounds, I think the only way to really stay in the running for this crazy game is to have a well integrated offence, defense, reconnaissance, and assassination team.

In conclusion; while I do understand that my ideas are pretty radical, I honestly believe if our opponents are going to play hardball, we have no choice but to play along as well, seeing as we bet our(and frank's) life on this game.
>> 2013/01/08(Tue)14:14 No. 47869
>that our most prudent course of action
Thank god, a sensible voice.

>would be to train up a yukkuri assault squad.
What.

Wat.

Okay, first off? A Flandre alone raped our shit. We don't have the Yukkuri or the skills to fight off in fair grounds... wait, you did say assassination squad... well that could work I guess. I take back what I said.

Like Saber said, if the servant is too strong, you kill the master.
>> 2013/01/08(Tue)14:19 No. 47870
>>47857
>> 2013/01/08(Tue)21:46 No. 47875
[x] Are you physically fine?
[x] "Good morning Duncan, that was not what it looked like. I just, I... had the most horrible dream in my life just now."
-[x] "Do you happen to know anything about the occult? maybe some kind of wizard or shaman in this city that sells its services? The one who tried to kill me with the Flandre yesterday might have tried to get me in my sleep somehow"
-[x]"May I ask for a glass of water before I leave?"
[x] Dress yourself, gather your stuff and be extra careful on the way home.
[x] Thank your inner voice for waking you up, even if it was a little excessive.
>> 2013/01/09(Wed)15:13 No. 47901
>Ow. Fucking ow!
>She just moved, back and forward, and jesus that hurts, without warning or preparation or fuck it all why haven't you woken up yet?
>You can feel her hips moving rapidly. You think 'her' is still the word. You don't know, fuck, does it even matter in a dream?
>"... Little something to remember me by." She grunts, before shivering lightly and coming to a stop.

Did...did she just rape John?

[x] Are you physically fine?
-[x] Check ass when possible. That dream wasn't pleasant in the least.
[x] "Good morning Duncan, that was not what it looked like. I just, I... had the most horrible dream in my life just now."
-[x] "Do you happen to know anything about the occult? maybe some kind of wizard or shaman in this city that sells its services? The one who tried to kill me with the Flandre yesterday might have tried to get me in my sleep somehow"
-[x]"May I ask for a glass of water before I leave?"
[x] Dress yourself, gather your stuff and be extra careful on the way home.
[x] Thank your inner voice for waking you up, even if it was a little excessive.
>> 2013/01/09(Wed)15:23 No. 47902
>I am fairly confident the point Kahi is trying to convey here is the fact that the other contestants are not playing fair. They most likely realized that, with information regarding other participants readily available, the easiest way to win is to simply kill everyone above you.

But John is right on the bottom of the list.
>> 2013/01/10(Thu)04:35 No. 47913
Seconding the >>47862 plan for immediate actions.

As for >>47868 and >>47902:
I doubt that any 'Yukkuri assault squad' we train could beat a determined dog, much less a someone conducting a proxy campaign. Unless you can afford spending half a decade teaching them things any two-bit thug could manage within two weeks.

As for 'bottom of the list' - doesn't that just mean that he lacks a high profile?
If you, hypothetically, started thinning your opposition by getting rid of somebody important or connected, you'd get a lot more attention than if some loser died in his sleep.

Not to mention - strong contenders would be those that have some measure of power even independent of the contest - if you can send a succubus after someone, they would be exactly the kind of person to likely have countermeasures in place, especially if supernatural assassination is not unprecedented.

It makes sense to me - first, you get rid of the minnows, and then you go after actual competent competition. It costs you nothing but some time, and it minimizes the risks of getting blindsided by a lucky idiot.

Also, you have to take the circumstances into account.
We've just ended another game. Someone might be stacking the deck for later - perhaps because they couldn't leverage RL assets neither in the mansion, nor in Gotham, and so decided to indulge in some preemptive action.
Or they simply hold a grudge for something we've done.
The murder mansion was what, a week back, with maybe three dozen participants? With about half that for Gotham? If you can kill one competitor per night, that still seriously affects the next event.

Which leads me to another line of thought - what if everyone (without significant protection) ahead of us in the list has been eliminated, one way or another?

Disappearances are nothing unusual, people drop out of the contest regularly, and many may simply be keeping up appearances, having been bribed or blackmailed already. We might simply not be worth the time and effort, and so had our name added to Koa's kill list.

Either way, we should leverage our connections.
We're in debt to the Mafia. That means we count as an investment, at least until we pay it off.

I say that we contact them, possibly through Reisen, and inform them about the attempt on our life. It costs us nothing, and might well serve to solve this, especially if we're not alone in being targeted.

And even if no action is taken, we can still use it as an opportunity for networking - if anyone would have an infernalist on call, it would be a crime syndicate.
We can always simply request that they put us in contact with an expert, and work something out directly.
>> 2013/01/10(Thu)20:25 No. 47923
>>47902
John has a bodied shanghai that its the logo of his store, he also has bodied human sized yukkuri working for him, and asked for a "Demon queen Yukkuri" to the queen herself in front of whatever people were left in the room. And a panther sized Chen that he makes no effort to conceal. He might be low in the "win money" rank, but in the "material" rank he would be higher. Either that or somebody with a grudge, or someone from a rival mafia.

>>47901
Seems like it, althought I imagined something closer to the image while reading the update.
>> 2013/01/11(Fri)02:04 No. 47937
[x] Are you physically fine?
[x] "Good morning Duncan, that was not what it looked like. I just, I... had the most horrible dream in my life just now."
-[x] "Do you happen to know anything about the occult? maybe some kind of wizard or shaman in this city that sells its services? The one who tried to kill me with the Flandre yesterday might have tried to get me in my sleep somehow"
-[x]"May I ask for a glass of water before I leave?"
[x] Dress yourself, gather your stuff and be extra careful on the way home.
[x] Thank your inner voice for waking you up, even if it was a little excessive.
>> 2013/03/28(Thu)18:39 No. 48811
"Not what... I don't..." you rasp, breaking off into coughs.

And ogh, oh, oh god. Your pants. Why do you have- not important, and not surprising. Succubus. You finish up coughing and try to disguise your situation until it settles.

"Nightmare." You manage to hack out. "I hope. Water?"

"Yes, a moment if you would."

You manage to get dressed before he returns. Your heartbeat has settled. You aren't... flushed with the terror and danger and excitement any more.

You guzzle the water greedily.

"Thanks." You grunt softly, a word of gratitude to both Duncan and the head-voice, as you choke the last of it down and start to breathe again.

"No trouble, to be sure." The butler responds, dryly. The voice doesn't even snort in response. "If you are prepared to make your exit?"

Yeah. Yeah, of course. Just... one thing.

"... Do you know how I could contact any...." You start, before trailing off uncertainly. "Is there a way to get in touch with... uh. Occultists, and the like?"

"Have you perhaps considered the phone book?" Duncan replies, with just a touch of sarcasm.

"We don't have a City phone-book..." You point out.

"Quite so. Just so. Very well, I suppose I shall make inquiries." Duncan sighs, clearly a little annoyed.

That's about the best you can get, you guess.

You're still exhausted as you make your way back to the apartment. Last night wasn't really restful.

.... And you're greeted on entry with Ancelin's stare, seated in a kitchen chair. Locket is in her lap, seated quietly and sleeping, head tilted slightly to the side. She's holding a cold bowl of stew in hers.

---

6:42 AM

[ ] What do you do?
>> 2013/03/29(Fri)02:31 No. 48818
[X] First of all, go buy a damn morning after pill. Don't even think about it. Just go to the store, buy it, and take it immediately.
--[X]Give zero fucks about the rest of the establishment staring at you in horror.

[X] Whelp, we tried doing this the easy way. it's time to improvise.

[X] Brief your team on your situation.
-[X]make crystal clear your intentions to cheat/kill/ do whatever it takes to beat your enemies.
--[X] One-on-one brainstorm with mini-Yukari. Inform her how powerful your various enemies are, and request her assistance, in exchange for whatever she might want.

[X] Deploy Hatate/mini-chen. See if they can track down the Flandre.


Enough of this charade; Going about our daily life pretending everything is OK when it clearly isn't. it's about damn time we get this show on the road.
>> 2013/03/29(Fri)04:14 No. 48821
[x] Thank Anceline for waiting for you, and Locket as well once she wakes up.
[x] Follow the usual morning schedule for waking up and feeding the yukkuri.
[x] When you can, deploy Hatate and/or Chen C (feline one). See if they can track down the Flandre.

[x] You need to get Yukkari (Yukarin?) back. Keep this in mind.

To recap: yesterday afternoon, we went out for a walk and were assaulted by a Flandre (>>45081). Rebecca snatched us away to safety and invited us to join in on playing Yukari's latest game (>>45307). This took up the evening, and we stayed the night until waking up this morning (current OP). And now to business.

>>45365
Someone smeared blood on the cafe walls. Also it seems we convinced Frank to take the morning shift (we did split up shifts by morning/evening, right?).
>>45375
>".... That's right." You recall in annoyance. "I asked Alice to make a stew before I left for a walk."
She stayed up all night waiting for you, anon. Anceline too.

>>48818, see >>45989:
>"... Don't you know? It's very rude to meddle in another's amusement, uninvited." She purrs. "Naughty little girls who do that sort of thing... Must~ Be~ Punished~"
>"... Save-!" Yukarin starts, before the Demon Queen drags her back through her own aperture, squealing and struggling.
Our Yukkari was spirited away after saving our asses in the game. Feels bad man. Only way I can think of getting her back is to ask the Demon Queen the next time we see her.
>> 2013/03/30(Sat)06:58 No. 48844
[x] Thank Anceline for waiting for you, and Locket as well once she wakes up.
[x] Follow the usual morning schedule for waking up and feeding the yukkuri.
[x] When you can, deploy Hatate and/or Chen C (feline one). See if they can track down the Flandre.
[x] You need to get Yukkari (Yukarin?) back. Keep this in mind.

Thanks for the recap >>48821 I forgot what's happend so far in this quest. Looking forward to further updates.
>> 2013/03/30(Sat)17:34 No. 48852
>>48821
Addendum to my vote:
[x] Change out of the purple suit into some normal clothes.
[x] Reassure the yukkuri who were in the store yesterday that you're alright. (Remember, Frank said they were worried)
[x] Don't get a morning after pill. You are not retarded.
>> 2013/04/08(Mon)14:43 No. 49120
I just want to sujest that we hop on the abuse chat room again, and mention that we need a flandere we need dead. Because if anyone would know how to kill/permanetly maim one, it is them
>> 2013/05/06(Mon)06:23 No. 49777
Ancelin doesn't seem to really respond to your murmured gratitude, and Locket just groans softly as she slowly stirs from slumber.

You choke down the cold and congealed soup as you shuffle around the apartment, prodding yukkuri and setting out food and Frank is just slumped on the couch, vulnerably-

You calmly, and with much deliberation, slam your forehead right into the wall.

That dealt with, the exhaustion-fuzz seems to have cleared a touch and you focus more, kicking Frank awake and reminding him that even if he can be out the door five minutes or less from when he gets up, and not fully wake up until midway through his shift, the waitressess need more prep time.

... In the kitchen, you note that the Letty has increased in size, and eats some of the food near it on autopilot, without really moving much, but doesn't open its eyes while it does so. Prodding nudges get no real response from her, except for when you let your fingertip wander too close to her mouth. You're fast enough at pulling back that she doesn't get anything but teeth clicking together on empty space.

Well, at the moment, though, you don't think there's anything important about that. The Letty is lazy? Just now you wouldn't mind a lie-down yourself.

The thought of sending out the mutant Chen and Hatate to track down that Flandre....

... you think about it for a few moments, but then consider the fact that Chen might be able to track things, but can't fly, and Hatate might be able to fly but hasn't shown any ability to follow scent trails. If any are even still around after yesterday.

Aside from that... not-twins gone, check. One less Yoshika blob. Alice blob gone. Yeah, things went okay, it seems. You hold out a hand expectantly, once Frank pulls his head out from beneath the faucet.

He hands over 150M, sheepishly, once he's dug it out of his pants.

"... This doesn't quite add up to what you said..."

"Yeah, I know. There was this mix-up..." Frank explains. "Twins and that other one went fine, but the other alice.... uh. Well, the guy only brought ten to the meeting. I pointed out that, hell, twenty five was what we agreed on, but he's drunk as a skunk, started making a scene and bitching about how he'd changed his mind and he didn't feel like paying that much, and what was I going to do about it? I mean, I could'a punched him in the jaw and gone home, but that doesn't get us any money, and it does leave him pissed and complaining about us. And ten isn't twenty-five, but it's still better than nothing."

"... I guess you're right. I'm not really happy with him taking her home for anything but the agreed price, though."

"........ Yeah." Frank says, without explaining further.

You finish kicking him out the door to work and collapse into bed, not bothering to turn the light on along the way, and eyes already closed.

.... Feels sticky. Your eyes snap open as you realize the tackiness of the sheets, and you realize that, scrawled all over the ceiling in blood, a warning about never ever sleeping because something would 'get' you is scrawled across the ceiling. This would have been good to know last night, maybe.

Dimly, you can hear a whimpered 'good girl' from somewhere nearby.

---

7: 29 AM

[ ] What do you do?
>> 2013/05/06(Mon)12:32 No. 49781
I have no idea what to do, other anons please save me.
>> 2013/05/06(Mon)17:32 No. 49788
[x] Keep calm and freak the hell out internally.
[x] Ask questions about the 'warning'.
[x] Check who's a good girl and praise her for being a good girl.

Welp. Isn't that writing a bit unnecessary? I mena, whoever wrote it, did find John's place, so...
>> 2013/05/07(Tue)00:59 No. 49806
Seriously, how is John still alive?

[X] Rub eyes.
[X] Ask if someone stuck a 'Kill me in an horrible way' sign or something on your back. At this rate, suicide will start to sound like an awfully tempting option, considering the many worse fates waiting in ambush for you.
>> 2013/05/07(Tue)01:24 No. 49808
>>49806

Yea I was considering posting a "Just go ahead and kill yourself" vote, but was worried that everyone would just think i'm trollin.
>> 2013/05/07(Tue)01:36 No. 49809
>>49808
Indeed.

His ex wants to kill him. She has a super-Flandre. He's no longer safe in his sleep. There's a ghost haunting the shop. He's in deep money trouble to keep the shop open.

How the hell does Kahi hope we can even survive? It's like super-lunatic mode in this Quest.
>> 2013/05/07(Tue)02:41 No. 49811
>>49809

Now, I'm not sayin I would ever vote to commit suicide, cuz that shit ain't cool. Even in a story. HOWEVER COMMA, if the story just happened to go that way, our first priority needs to be killing Frank. Because seriously...that smug motherfucker has failed us for the last time.
>> 2013/05/07(Tue)09:15 No. 49815
To be fair, we did choose a fairly complicated way of getting money.
>> 2013/05/07(Tue)10:17 No. 49817
>>49815
Even then, Kahi is perhaps overestimating how much effort anons put into thinking up ideas.

And he's not helping us see the light after the dark either. Seriously, we spent a lost at first to get a Tenshi because they're rare, yet we have sold none yet. And now we have to balance surviving and spending money on stuff to not get killed AND finding money to pay for rent. And we still need to net enough money to at least pay off the debt, nevermind winning the contest.

Hell, just having the cafe works would be a good end and allow John to live a simple life even if he and Frank don't win. So long as the debt is paid anyway.
>> 2013/05/11(Sat)00:04 No. 49886
After many long and dark hours spent conemplating this story, I finally figured out what Kahi wants from us.

[X] Make a contract with the Demon Queen and become a magical boy in exchange for a wish.

It all makes sense now. The Yukkuri are a plague. Slowly but steadily multiplying, becoming stronger, and more intelligent. It is our destiny to fight this great unbalancing and preserve the entropy of this city.
>> 2013/05/14(Tue)16:47 No. 49927
>>49886
>>49811
Retards are out in full force.

>>49817
We didn't spend money on a Tenshi, we spent it on the bodied Alice and Chen. The Tenshi was a free bonus after we bought the other two, who have since yielded returns. As for whether Kahi is making it too hard or not, I think he's just letting us deal with the consequences of our actions. We took a huge gamble and will undoubtedly have to pay for it.
>> 2013/05/14(Tue)23:44 No. 49932
>>49927

Ehh, say what you like. Someone in this city has magical powers though, so you can't say the idea doesn't have merit.
>> 2013/05/16(Thu)18:34 No. 49942
Alright, alright. Keep... calm. Focus on what we can do. Don't freak out. Okay. How about..
[x] Ask Yukkuri and Frank if there is strange occurence duriung your leave
[x] Small talk, see what you're missing.
>> 2013/05/18(Sat)03:14 No. 49947
You very calmly, quietly, and rationally have a heart attack and die.

Actually, no. It just feels that way.

But okay, you can deal with this. This doesn't really tell you anything you don't already know except that god damn it does anyone have any idea how hard it is to get massive bloodstains out of bedding?

You sure don't.

It looks like you're about to find out.

..... more immediately, you lurch up and slowly swing open the closet door.

You see the Yukari in a dark corner, answering questions about where she ended up, and looking....

Perfectly whole and hearty, actually. Not so much as smudged. But nevertheless, shivering in the corner, knees drawn up to her chest, eyes wide and staring, muttering to herself and clutching at her head.

... There's nothing you can immediately do about this, you think, so instead you put your bedding in the bath tub and damp it down with a whole lot of cold water, and then sort of stand on the bed and stretch up until you can just barely swipe a cloth against the ceiling.

A ladder would help.

You wish you had a damn ladder. Or a step-stool. Or a.... you do have chairs, let's go with that.

It's even slightly higher than the bed leaves you, though not by much. It helps, though, that the springs don't compress beneath your weight.

.... There's a feline snarl, and someone yelping, and everything is happening at once, why?

You lean out a bit, peering into the other room.

The feline chen is pinning Letty down against the ground. The Letty got out of the crate, somehow. She has a body, now. That would be how, you guess. hands make it easier to climb.

.... Why does she have a body? How does she have-

It's right about this point when the chair wobbles, and you realize that you should have taken your socks off as your feet slip out from under you from lack of traction and poor balance, and you see stars as your head smacks soundly against the floor.

This has been one hell of a morning, you can say that much.

-----

8:10 AM

[ ] What now?
>> 2013/05/18(Sat)05:26 No. 49952
[X] Get your shit together. Mild head trauma is nothing to you.
-[X] Open negotiations with new and improved Letty.
--[X] "Are you going to be a good Letty? Or do we have to turn you into a snow cone and eat you with strawberry and coconut syrup?"
>> 2013/05/18(Sat)06:17 No. 49954
[X] Get your shit together. Mild head trauma is nothing to you.
-[X] Open negotiations with new and improved Letty.
--[X] "Are you going to be a good Letty? Or do we have to take measures?"
[x] Time to talk with the yu's how's everyone doing, do they need something, etc.
[x] Time to work?

Never noticed the last update.
Does anyone remember what's our situation, last I checked we were kind of screwed.
>> 2013/05/18(Sat)17:03 No. 49957
>>49954
We are still kind of screwed.
>> 2013/05/19(Sun)04:27 No. 49963
[x] Ask her how she grew a body.

This is important! We might find a way to turn blobs into bodied. Then we sell teh techinique and get rich, or keep it as a secret and do expensive jobs for the rich and get rich.

Also...
[x] Comfort Yukarin. Talk to her and try to make her more submissive to you.

Also important, bonding~
>> 2013/05/23(Thu)00:53 No. 50048
[x] Get your shit together. Mild head trauma is nothing to you.
-[x] Open negotiations with the new and improved Letty.
--[x] Ask her how she grew a body.
--[x] "Are you going to be a good Letty? Or do we have to take measures?"
[x] Once Letty's dealt with, talk to and comfort Yukarin. Not sexually. Remember to thank her for saving you, and don't mention that it was a moot point in the end.
[x] See how the rest of the yu's are doing; do they need something, etc.

Yukarin is back! Praise be to the Demon Queen.
>> 2013/06/22(Sat)05:47 No. 50680
[x] Try to use Yukarin's fear to establish another belief experiment.

Like having to so something off the wall to prevent Yukari's rage. AKA, Yukarin, You must become a loyal dog or something.
>> 2013/10/06(Sun)17:50 No. 55384
[x] Get your shit together. Mild head trauma is nothing to you.
-[x] Open negotiations with the new and improved Letty.
--[x] Ask her how she grew a body.
--[x] "Are you going to be a good Letty? Or do we have to take measures?"
[x] Once Letty's dealt with, talk to and comfort Yukarin. Not sexually. Remember to thank her for saving you, and don't mention that it was a moot point in the end.
[x] See how the rest of the yu's are doing; do they need something, etc.