[Return]
Archived thread

File 121822775059.jpg - (183.52KB , 512x512 , Warhammer_Kaguya.jpg ) [iqdb]
4610 No. 4610
The endless creaking of the Imperial Warship "Sacred Fist" greets your ears as you awaken, the same, dull, fluorescent light and the plain, steel ceiling greeting your eyes. You've been traveling aboard the Fist for about three months now, heading for the planet Scintilla in the Calaxis Sector. For what reason you were ordered here by your superiors, you know not. But as you were ordered, so shall you do. "Every servant has his place, no matter lowly or modest. To know it is his greatest comfort, to excel within it his greatest solace, and his master’s contentment is his greatest reward." So sayeth the Codex Administratum, but you've always believed duty was it's own reward, if only to serve the God-Empress.

Ah, the God-Empress of Mankind, Hakurei, the Shrine Maiden who led Humanity to victory against the galaxy and who now sits on the Golden Throne on holy Gensokyo, the planet from which all humanity has arisen. Youkai shrivel from the thought of her, and Xenos races still remember her great purges in the name of humanity. Even from her throne, you believe stoically that she leads humanity justly.

The alarm beside your cot begins to buzz, signaling that it's time to awaken. Today is a big day; you'll be pulling out of the warp and soon be landing on Scintilla. You sit up out of bed, your strong, scarred body revealed under the pallid light. There are others in the room, also beginning to get up.

It is time to start your day. You hurriedly get dressed, and grab the last thing you need to get ready...

[ ] Pamphlet.
[ ] Amulet
[ ] Keys.
[ ] Candle
[ ] Lucky Charm
[ ] Cloth

>> No. 4611
[ ]Lucky Charm

It'll blow your ass to pieces. Also, +10 to luck.
>> No. 4612
[X] Lucky Charm

THEY'RE ALWAYS AFTER ME LUCKY CHARMS.
>> No. 4613
[x] Keys
>> No. 4615
File 121822821545.jpg - (461.97KB , 712x1289 , 1185375.jpg ) [iqdb]
4615
[x] Lucky Charm

its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my bunny to defeat the enemys
>> No. 4616
[X]Amulet
>> No. 4617
[X]Amulet
>> No. 4618
[x] Lucky Charm

Hoping for a lucky bolt-pistol named Tewi.
>> No. 4619
[x] Lucky Amulet Charm that also has your keys on it, located right next to a candle that's on the pamphlet tied with cloth.
>> No. 4620
[x] Amulet



[x] Restart game
>[x] Orks
>[] IG
>> No. 4621
[X] Crisis suit.
>> No. 4622
[X] Amulet
>> No. 4623
[x] Lucky Charm
>> No. 4624
File 121822977340.png - (345.57KB , 562x568 , crisisen.png ) [iqdb]
4624
>>4621


[x]Keys

To the OP: Holy shit, never thought I would see that picture posted again, (the one in /th/). It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside when people repost things I've drawn.
>> No. 4625
[x] Lucky Charm won. Writing now. And sorry, there is no Ork Modo.

>>4624

Yeah, it's one of my favorite Touhou40k pics. I'm always on the lookout for more for this CYOA. Thanks for drawing it.
>> No. 4626
In the Grim Darkness of the Far Future, there is only skub.
>> No. 4627
>>4626
FUCK YOU, SKUB SUCKS!
>> No. 4628
>>4610

So, like, this CYOA is named "In the Grim Darkness of the Far Future, there are only frilly hats"?
>> No. 4629
[x] Rogue Trader

You take your lucky charm, a small, iron band that your father once owned now hanging from a silver chain, and put it around your neck. You're a rogue trader, your family has been in the business for generations. Granted a ship and the freedom to explore and trade by the Imperium, you and your family worked hard to get where you are today. But the Imperium called upon your family for your services, and you have come as a representative.

But, you think to yourself, as you strap your laspistol into a holster, why did they call for you? What reasoning would they have to ask for a single member of a rogue trader's family? You know not, but one doesn't frak around with the Imperium.

"Morning, boss~" You turn and see your assistant, bodyguard, and sidekick, Mystia, sitting in a cot across from your's. She wears her short, plain dress with fluffy sleeves well. You'd never guess that she was the Night Sparrow, killer of Vorn II.

You had met her while discussing a deal with a less than reputable scum in the underhive, far below the eyes of the God Empress' Watchmen. Negotiations were failing rapidly due to some poorly made cheese, and they pulled stubguns on you. You might not have ever made it here were it not for her, leaping in from behind them and slicing them apart. You even managed to save her life when a fearful criminal opened fire on her with an autogun, jumping in the way and taking several bullets for your savior. After she had finished killing everyone, she took you back to your ship to be treated.

You learned she was a death cultist, slaying and killing and sacrificing the blood of heretics to the Empress. When you saved her life, she swore herself to you, promising to offer your enemies to the God-Empress forevermore, until she offered herself. Otherwise, quite a cheery girl.

"Morning, Mystia." You say, grabbing a pack of Lho sticks and lighting up. "We've got a big day ahead of us. We're landing soon, and the higher ups want a word with us to tell us what we're going to do." She nods, still cheery.

"Sure thing, boss~" You both get up and head out the door, walking down the halls of the massive ship. The Fist isn't that big, but all imperial ships are still massive ships that take huge amounts of resources to maintain.

As you walk you see that most of the crew of the ship in your area are either guardsmen (Standard Cadian Lookalikes, the Roslto 430st) or crewmen. Several of them look at you, Mystia, or both of you, strangely. It is strange, after all; the two of you took up an entire squad's bunkroom to yourselves, a rogue trader and a girl. You don't see that every day.

About halfway to the officer's quarters, you hear a loudspeaker.

"All hands, prepare for departure from the Warp into realspace in two minutes! I repeat..." you grin. It's about time. You enjoy ships well enough, but the guardsmen make you uncomfortable. You perfer your old ship, where you knew everyone and all worked together for mutual profit. Hopefully, this'll finish off soon enough.

You arrive at the officer's quarters just as the ship lurches out of the warp and into realspace. When you enter you see a single man sitting at a table in what appears to be a living room of their quarters; a small kitchenette, a couch with a holo display sitting before it. The man looks to be an older fellow, clean shaven but with dark eyes covered by a plain, white mask. He wears a greatcoat you know to be armored with flak just by the looks of it.

"Emperess bless, sir." You say, standing before the table. Mystia stands behind you, quiet and alert. The man gestures in response.

"Please, sit. We have a bit to discuss. And, ah, your name?"

Required:
[ ] My name is "____" (Write in only)

The others:
[ ] Take a seat. "What's this all about?"
[ ] Take a seat, wait patiently for him to tell you what this is all about.
[ ] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
[ ] Remain standing. "I'll pass, thanks. What's this all about?"
>> No. 4631
[x] "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

[x] Take a seat, wait patiently for him to tell you what this is all about.
>> No. 4632
File 121823551888.jpg - (41.05KB , 640x480 , gene30.jpg ) [iqdb]
4632
[X] My name is Gene Starwind.
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4633
[x] "My name is Gig."
[x] Invite Mystia to sit down too, provided there's ample space. If not, let her sit.
[x] "What's this all about and how much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4634
[X] My name is Slim Shady.
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4635
[X] My name is Cthulu.
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4636
[x] "I am the Lizard King. I can do anything."
[x] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4637
[X] My name is Earl.
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4638
[X] My name is Ron Howard.
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4639
[X] My name is Gordon Freeman.
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4640
[X] I call myself Anonymous. I am a rogue trader on steroids.
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4641
[X] My name is John Freeman.
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4643
[X] I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you.
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4644
[X]What are you, dense? Are you retarded or something? I'm the goddamned Batman.
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4645
[X] My name is Gladiator.
[ ] Take a seat, wait patiently for him to tell you what this is all about.
>> No. 4646
[x] "My name is Gig."
[x] Invite Mystia to sit down too, provided there's ample space. If not, let her sit.
[x] "What's this all about and how much are you paying me for this excursion?"

Fuck yes, someone else who has played Soul Nomad.
>> No. 4647
[X] I'm Shinobu, and my feelings are always twirling around.
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4648
[X] My name is Spartacus
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4649
[X] My name is Spartacus
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4651
Well.. this is going to take a while.
>> No. 4652
[X] My name is Spartacus
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4653
[X] My name is John Freeman.
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4654
[X] I call myself Anonymous. I am a rogue trader on steroids.
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4656
[X] No, I'm Spartacus!
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4657
[X] I call myself Anonymous. I am a rogue trader on steroids.
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4658
[X] My name is John Freeman, brother of Gordon Freeman.
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4659
[X] I'm Captain Basch from Dalmasca!
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4662
[X] My name is John Freeman, brother of Gordon Freeman.
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4664
[X] My name is John Freeman, Gordon Freeman's Brother!
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4665
[X] My name is Spartacus
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4666
[X] My name is John Freeman, brother of Gordon Freeman.
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4667
[X] My name is Spartacus
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4668
[x] My name is John Freeman, brother of Gordon Freeman.
[x] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"

Haha yes.
>> No. 4669
[x] My name is John Freeman, brother of Gordon Freeman.
[x] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4670
ITT vote spam
John Freeman vs Spartacus
>> No. 4671
[X] My name is John Freeman, brother of Gordon Freeman.
[X] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
>> No. 4672
Anon's made my rage on a decision for the first time. I feel so proud.
[x] My name is John Freeman, brother of Gordon Freeman.
[x] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"
Those choices won. Writing.
>> No. 4674
>>4670

BAWWW FOR THE BAWWW GOD
SPAM FOR THE SPAM THRONE
>> No. 4675
its a good day to do what has to be done by us and help the imperium to defeat the enemys
>> No. 4676
[x] My name is John Freeman, brother of Gordon Freeman.
[x] Take a seat. "How much are you paying me for this excursion?"


You take a seat, Mystia standing behind you, alert. You've tried getting her to sit with you before, but she always turned you down, saying "Danger lurks at every corner~" in that delicious, lovely singsong voice of hers. You just took it as her form of rigidery, until she saved your life from another assassin, sneaking up behind you to execute you for dealing with the wrong family.

"My name is John Freeman, brother of Gorden Freeman." You say, leaning back. "Now, how much are you paying me for this little excursion." The man across from you laughs, the echoing sound filling the air of the almost empty room.

"Would you not accept the gratitude of the Imperium and the knowledge that you have committed a great deed in service to your Empress as payment?" He looks at you for a moment, completely serious, before chuckling. "You will be paid handsomely for your services, I assure you. We'll give you a ship to take back home with you." He pulls out a piece of parchment, and offers it to you across the table. Taking it, you unroll it and look it over.

According to this, it's the deed to a brand new cargo ship fresh out of a Forgeworld. Sleeker, made for speed rather than cargo holds. Innocuous class vessel. Quite the beauty.

"Quite the prize, sir." You say. "But I assume you're not merely gifting me the vessel. Of course you're giving me ample supplies and men to get it to the rest of my fleet, yes?" The man across from you nods.

"Of course. But you haven't asked me what I ask of you." He takes out two more items. One of them is a cylindrical, hollow tube. The other is a dataslate. He hands them both to you.

"This tube is a homing beacon. I need you to make your way into the co-ordinates listed on the dataslate, and plant it there. The dataslate also has details on getting you aboard your ship, Trader Freeman." You place both into your jacket. "Any questions?"

"Get on planet, plant beacon, get ship, right?" The man nods. "Alright. Anything else?" The man shakes his head. "Alright. Then I'll b-"

Suddenly, a shockwave wracks the ship, causing you to almost fall off your chair, had Mystia not reached out to catch you.

"Gotcha~" You're reminded that she's surprisingly strong yet again, as she doesn't even falter by catching you. Another explosion wracks the ship, and the man behind the table chuckles.

"Those would be the enemy forces. It is time for me; and you, too, to go." He walks out of the room, as another explosion wracks the ship.

"All hands, battle stations!" Screams outside. Mystia looks to you.

"What shall we do, boss~"

[ ] "Head for the escape pods!"
[ ] "Go back to our rooms and wait the battle out."
[ ] "We'll wait here for him to return."
[ ] "The Navy can handle this!" Head to the hanger bay to get ready to leave when the fight's finished.
>> No. 4677
[x] "The Navy can handle this!" Head to the hanger bay to get ready to leave when the fight's finished.
[x] Attempt to leave when the coast is clear. With Mystia.
>> No. 4678
TOUHOU 40K FUCK YEAH
>> No. 4679
[x] "The Navy can handle this!" Head to the hanger bay to get ready to leave when the fight's finished.
[x] Attempt to leave when the coast is clear. With Mystia.
>> No. 4680
[ ] "The Navy can handle this!" Head to the hanger bay to get ready to leave when the fight's finished.
>> No. 4681
[x] "The Navy can handle this!" Head to the hanger bay to get ready to leave when the fight's finished.
[x] Attempt to leave when the coast is clear. With Mystia.
>> No. 4682
I detect love blooming between Tradernon and Mystia.
>> No. 4683
[x] "The Navy can handle this!" Head to the hanger bay to get ready to leave when the fight's finished.
[x] Attempt to leave when the coast is clear. With Mystia.
>> No. 4685
[x] "The Navy can handle this!" Head to the hanger bay to get ready to leave when the fight's finished.
Wins.


[x] Attempt to leave when the coast is clear. With Mystia.
Glad to see you guys are watching out for Mystia.

I'm gonna take a piss and eat lunch, then I'll write the next post.
>> No. 4688
What's up with the huge amount of votes in 2 minutes?
>> No. 4689
>>4688

Nothing like being slowpoked on a slow day.
>> No. 4690
>>4685
>Glad to see you guys are watching out for Mystia.

Night Sparrow moe~
>> No. 4693
File 121824713397.jpg - (57.17KB , 607x347 , cyberion_shuttle4.jpg ) [iqdb]
4693
[x] "The Navy can handle this!" Head to the hanger bay to get ready to leave when the fight's finished.
[x] Attempt to leave when the coast is clear. With Mystia.

The sooner you get this job over with, the better. And the Imperial Navy is here. If those propaganda holovids are worth anything, there must be a bit of truth, right? Then the Imperial navy must be quite skilled, at least skilled enough to deal with what's out there.

"The Navy can handle this!" You say, "let's go get ready to leave in the hanger." Mystia nods.

"Yes, boss~" She singsongs, and you two immediately depart to head for the hanger bay, presumably to take a shuttle down.

In the hallway, it is chaos. Guardsmen are running to posts, with sergeants and officers yelling orders above the din. An officer, likely a junior officer, is giving orders loudly, as another explosion rocks the space vessel.

"This way~" Mystia grips your hand, and with her help you manage to get past most of the chaos and soon you two are walking down hallways and down hatches, Mystia leading you the whole way, even taking you down some shortcuts you didn't know of.

"How did you figure out how to get around?" You ask. She gives you a winning smile.

"While we were on board, I explored the ship~" Mystia says, opening up another hatch. "Now I know where everything is~" Impressed, you hop down another hatch.

Soon you get to the hanger, but before you can actually open the hatch to get in, a violent explosion wracks the ship. You know what that means, having lived on a ship all your life; the battleship, the "Sacred Fist", is tearing apart.

You realize that you have no idea what adversaries the ship has been facing, who you're going into a warzone fighting against. But you have a feeling you'll find out if you get to a shuttle. You open the door and rush into the hanger.

A single shuttle and nobody else, not even techpriests. You rush over to the machine. Thankfully you know well enough how to get it started, and the door's open.

"Mystia, go make sure it's fueled up!" You shout, before opening the shuttle doors. Rushing into the cockpit, you start to play with the shuttle controls to get it started up. Starting the Canticles to the Machine God, you mutter prayers and start rituals.

Within a few minutes, you've got the thing started, and just as you're about to blast off...

Click.

"Freeze."

Frak.

"Get out or I'll blow your fraking brains out."

Crap.

[ ] Do what he says.
[ ] Try to get his gun from him.
[ ] Laspistol out, try to make this a Mexican standoff.
[ ] TASUKETE, MYSTIA!
[ ] Try to reason with him.
>> No. 4694
[X] TASUKETE, MYSTIA!
>> No. 4695
[x] Do what he says but stall for time, but while you're standing around you might as well
[x] Try to reason with him, but in the meantime...
[x] When you see an opening, it's laspistol time, bitch. Mexican Standoff, probably too.
[x] Hope Mystia comes, in the back of your mind. This is a really bad situation, and you don't doubt that he won't fire at you. Also calling for her would be as stupid as whistling out in the open when you're being stalked by 'nids.
>> No. 4696
[X] TASUKETE, MYSTIA!
>> No. 4697
[X] TASUKETE, MYSTIA!
>> No. 4698
[x] Laspistol out, try to make this a Mexican standoff.

Always fun.
>> No. 4699
[X] TASUKETE, MYSTIA!
>> No. 4700
[X] TASUKETE, MYSTIA!

She's probably already behind him, prepared to slit his throat.
>> No. 4701
[x] Do what he says but stall for time, but while you're standing around you might as well
[x] Try to reason with him, but in the meantime...
[x] When you see an opening, it's laspistol time, bitch. Mexican Standoff, probably too.
[x] Hope Mystia comes, in the back of your mind. This is a really bad situation, and you don't doubt that he won't fire at you. Also calling for her would be as stupid as whistling out in the open when you're being stalked by 'nids.
>> No. 4702
[X] TASUKETE, MYSTIA!
>> No. 4703
[X] TASUKETE, MYSTIA!
>> No. 4704
Goddammit you fucking chucklefucks, this is the worst move you could have done.
>> No. 4705
[X] TASUKETE, MYSTIA!

Wins.

I gotta do something then I'll write it.
>> No. 4706
File 121825032855.jpg - (122.23KB , 640x720 , mystia mad.jpg ) [iqdb]
4706
[X] TASUKETE, MYSTIA!

You panic, the gun at your head. What to do what to do;
Mystia! She can help!

"Help, Mystia!" You shout. The man behind you growls.

"What?!" You hear a shotgun blast go off outside, and then a gurgling scream as someone else, presumably an accomplice of the armed man, dies. The man turns around completely, and you also turn just in time to see Mystia rush in, blood on her claw-gauntlets.

The man pulls the trigger, and a jet of blood explodes out of the Mystia's side before she gets in close. With one swipe she grabs the man's arm, digging two clawed fingers into his wrist, severing tendons and pushing it back. Screaming, the man pulls the trigger, firing four shots into the cockpit before dropping the stub revolver. Mystia grabs his throat with her other clawed hand, and in one move severs his windpipe, jugular, and half of his neck.

Your assailant collapses in a pool of gushing blood, dying horribly. You see that he's a navy crewman, probably one of the many on this ship who won't make it out alive, trying to get one of the last shuttles to try to escape.

Mystia drags the dying body out of the shuttle, and comes back in with a shotgun, presumably lifted from the dead man outside. Now that the fighting is over, you see where she's been shot. The bullet went into where her right shoulder; it's probably in dreadful pain, especially after still using it despite the gunshot wound to kill the serviceman.

"Y-you okay, boss~" She says, trying to smile. "I got em for ya~"

You nod frantically. "Y-yeah, I'm fine. But you're hurt!" She nods.

"Y-yeah, but I'll be fine. Come on, we have to go~" Suddenly, the lights outside turn off, and warning signals activate, as another explosion is heard in the distance.

Turning to the cockpit, you see that the controls have several slugs in them. The canopy is intact, thank god, but there's a couple of bullets in the controls. You're no techpriest, but that can't be good. Still, Imperial shuttles on warships aren't made of glass and tissue paper, so hopefully it'll still work.

Thinking, you have several options.

Pick one of the two:

[ ] Leave Mystia behind.
[x] Don't leave Mystia behind.

Main Options (Write ins allowed here):
[ ] Try the shuttle anyways.
[ ] Try to repair the shuttle, then escape.
[ ] Try to find an escape pod instead.
>> No. 4707
[x] Don't leave Mystia behind.

[x] Try the shuttle anyways, but not for long.
[x] If it doesn't work, try to find an escape pod, and a medkit on the way if possible. Mystia needs treatment.
>> No. 4709
[x] Don't leave Mystia behind.

[x] Try the shuttle anyways, but not for long.
[x] If it doesn't work, try to find an escape pod, and a medkit on the way if possible. Mystia needs treatment.
>> No. 4710
[x] Don't leave Mystia behind.

[x] Try the shuttle anyways, but not for long.
[x] If it doesn't work, try to find an escape pod, and a medkit on the way if possible. Mystia needs treatment.
>> No. 4711
[X] Whistle for Tewi.
>> No. 4713
[x] Don't leave Mystia behind.

[x] Try the shuttle anyways, but not for long.
[x] If it doesn't work, try to find an escape pod, and a medkit on the way if possible. Mystia needs treatment.
>> No. 4723
[x] Don't leave Mystia behind.
lol prevoted

[x] Try the shuttle anyways.
>> No. 4725
{X} Try the shuttle anyways, but not for long.
{X} If it doesn't work, try to find an escape pod, and a medkit on the way if possible. Mystia needs treatment.

Mystia~
>> No. 4726
[x] Don't leave Mystia behind.

[x] Try the shuttle anyways, but not for long.
[x] If it doesn't work, try to find an escape pod, and a medkit on the way if possible. Mystia needs treatment.

Sorry for the delay, coming down with a cold.

Writing soon.
>> No. 4727
File 121830276878.jpg - (83.68KB , 800x532 , Dark Hallway.jpg ) [iqdb]
4727
[x] Don't leave Mystia behind.

[x] Try the shuttle anyways, but not for long.
[x] If it doesn't work, try to find an escape pod, and a medkit on the way if possible. Mystia needs treatment

You need to take Mystia with you. You can't imagine abandoning her to die on this ship. She's been your faithful companion, and she's saved your life multiple times. You turn to the cockpit controls.

"Alright, let's see.." You take a look at the damage. It's not that bad at first glance, maybe you could fix it? You pry open the upper panel, to take a better look at the damage. Hmm. Might be fixable. Cable's out.

You get to work, trying to do the job in a timely manner. Soon, however, you realize that it'll take too long to fix the bloody thing, and give up. You don't have time to be messing around here, not when she ship could become a space hulk at any moment.

"Come on Mystia, we're looking for an escape pod." Mystia nods, getting up. You step outside, ducking down to search the man outside for ammo. You find eight shells, and load one into the shotgun you have. Double barreled, not sawed down. Typical Navy weapon for most crewmen; it's good in a boarding action for the ship's tightly packed quarters.

You sling it over your shoulder and make your way out the dimly lit hanger and through the halls. Mystia follows behind you, ready to leap ahead at a moment's notice, despite the pain. Taking a look back at her, you take a mental note to get her a medpack if you see one.

Unfortunately, you don't see one on the way there, in your haste to GTFO. Mystia looks like she can handle for now, at least. The bleeding has stopped and it didn't hit anywhere vital. You don't know if she can take another hit or two, though. Not like that, anyways.

After about five minutes of making your way through the halls, guided helpfully by "Escape this way!" signs, you find a long row of escape pods down a ladder.

Or, at least, what used to be escape pods. Except for one, halfway down the line of pods. There! Your escape! You begin to make your way towards it, stepping around larger boxes and crates.

Suddenly, a gunshot from ahead! You and Mystia duck for cover, looking around to see two more servicemen, both with autorifles, pointing their guns in your direction down at the end of the hall. Shit, that's right! Pods can hold two people, there's no way they're going to let you share with them!

There's no way out of this one, you can feel the ship beginning to pull apart, vibrations echoing across it. Horrible memories of being in a space hulk pull at you, the fear of being sucked into space, abandoned by your family..

"Boss, what's the plan~" Mystia shakes your shoulder, snapping you out of it. That's right. You take a look up over the cover, getting a good enough idea of what's going on before ducking under more autogun fire. Two guys, one with an autogun, another with an axe. Mystia could definetly get them down in close combat, even with an injury, but how does she get there? There are several crates in the way, maybe she can dart from cover to cover? Risky, but maybe if you distracted them, you could get her close. On the other hand, you guys DO have two guns, even if one's a shotgun; you could try to shoot it out. Hell, you might come out on top. Either way, as you're reminded by another shudder, you're running out of time.

Come on, John Freeman, what's the plan?

[ ] Shootout. Right here, right now.
[ ] Have Mystia rush them, while you lay down suppressing fire with your gun.
[ ] Try to sneak up using the crates, then shotgunning them to hell.
[ ] Write in.
>> No. 4728
[x] Slowly sneak towards the escape pod while hiding under a crate.
>> No. 4729
[x] Toki wo tomare
[x] Inventory
>> No. 4731
[ ] Try to sneak up using the crates, then shotgunning them to hell.
>> No. 4735
[x] Inventory

Laspistol, with one (1) charge pack, fully charged.
1 Double Barreled Shotgun, 2 loaded shells and 7 more in your pack.
1 Mesh Vest, a lightweight bulletproof vest.
1 Lucky Charm
1 Digital Ring that fires a small mini-laser.
1 Multitool, Masterwork
1 Flask of Amesec
2 Packs of cigarettes
1 Lighter
1 set of Decent Clothes (Being Worn)
1 Comm Bead
1 Nice Hat (Being Worn)
ID Papers
Homing Beacon
Parchment detailing your new ship
Dataslate detailing objective and location.
>> No. 4736
[x]Shoot mini-laser into something crystal to diffuse the beam and blind the servicemen while Mystia moves in to attack.
>> No. 4739
Is Mystia an abhuman or something?
>> No. 4741
>>4739
Human, with a marvelous singing voice and power claws or something.
>> No. 4743
[x] Give Mystia the Laspistol.
[x] Wait until they decide you're not going to try after the pod.
[x] Timing is crucial, after they enter the escape pod, enter in first with Mystia behind you and kill both of them.
[x] After the deed's done, dump their bodies outside, and make with the GTFO.
>> No. 4744
>>4743
You do realize that the second they enter the hatch, they are going to hit the big shiny red "Launch" button and wave bye bye as your stranded on a space hulk?

even if you shoot them.

[X] Give Mystia a gun. have her cover you.
[X] Try to sneak up using the crates, then shotgunning them to hell.
>> No. 4745
>>4744
Yes, because the "Launch the goddamn ship" button is located rght next to the airlock door and there are no computers to activate at all and it's tiny as fuck.

Anyways, >>4743 seems like the most logical choice so might as well.

[x] Give Mystia the Laspistol.
[x] Wait until they decide you're not going to try after the pod.
[x] Timing is crucial, after they enter the escape pod, enter in first with Mystia behind you and kill both of them.
[x] After the deed's done, dump their bodies outside, and make with the GTFO.
>> No. 4746
[x] Give Mystia the Laspistol.
[x] Wait until they decide you're not going to try after the pod.
[x] Timing is crucial, after they enter the escape pod, enter in first with Mystia behind you and kill both of them.
[x] After the deed's done, dump their bodies outside, and make with the GTFO.

bandwagonan gaems.
>> No. 4747
>>4745
I don't know of many navy men who aren't trained in the use of their escape craft. but hey, lets be retarded.
>> No. 4748
>>4747
I know nothing aobut the 40k universe, so really, I'm weaktrolling and bandwagoning.
>> No. 4749
File 121834877999.jpg - (268.42KB , 1280x800 , 55_mystia_lorelei pink_hair tagme.jpg ) [iqdb]
4749
[x] Give Mystia the Laspistol.
[x] Wait until they decide you're not going to try after the pod.
[x] Timing is crucial, after they enter the escape pod, enter in first with Mystia behind you and kill both of them.
[x] After the deed's done, dump their bodies outside, and make with the GTFO.

Hmm. You don't think rushing them with a two-round shotgun would be a good idea, Mystia isn't in a condition to dodge Autogun fire, even from a distance, and stealth might not be the best option. Why not trickery, then?

You unholster your laspistol, and hand it to Mystia. "Here," you say quietly, "Take this." She takes it and holds it in both arms, a bit uncomfortable with it, but secure. After a moment, she makes to stand with it, but you grip her shoulder, and shake your head. You, oh intelligent John Freeman, have a plan.

You wait, quiet and hidden, the shotgun at the ready. This plan needs you to move fast at the right moment. You peek around the side of your crate, waiting. Soon, you see your chance. The other two servicemen begin running forwards, going for the pod. One... two... three! Just as they're about it make it in, you dash out of cover, running as quickly as possible for the pod.

Mystia hangs behind you, despite being able to leap ahead at lightning speed. Must be the injury. Within seconds of them entering the pod, you turn the corner, shotgun raised and ready to blow them to hell. You see both of them, one of them autogun raised and the other trying desperately to finish off the controls.

Just as you pull the trigger, a hand yanks you back, pulling you out of the way of the autogun going off at full auto, bullets zinging where your chest was just a few seconds ago. You fall backwards, flipping around and landing on top of Mystia.

The airlock shuts tight, and you soon hear the sound of the escape pod jets going off. You take a moment to breath. Wow, that was a whole lotta gunfire, you woulda gotten lead ribs if Mystia hadn't yanked you back. You turn to Mystia. "Thanks for saving me."

"No problem, boss~" She says, with a smile. "It's what I do~" Her meledious voice helps to calm you down, and you spend a moment breathing in and out, trying to relieve your nerves from the past few minutes. You close your eyes and breath in and out for a moment. When you open them, you see Mystia looking into your eyes, and you and you find yourself looking at her face closely for the first time.

Her gentle features, her light, soft skin, her hazel eyes, the way her bangs part around her eyes, a rosy blush starting to appear on her cheeks...

You begin to blush also, realizing your position, and quickly get up, apologizing. "'s okay, boss~" She replies, getting up herself. though she's still blushing a bit. "So, what're we gonna do now~"

Hmm. That's a good point. What ARE you going to do now?

[ ] Go back to the hanger; try to jury rig the shuttle again.
[ ] Look for more escape pods.
[ ] Look for another hanger.
[ ] Sit tight; the explosions stopped, maybe you'll be rescued?
[ ] Ask Mystia for advice.
>> No. 4750
[x] Go back to the hanger; try to jury rig the shuttle again.
[x] Keep looking for medkits.
[x] Ask Mystia for advice on the way, in case the shuttle might not work.

and as a joke,
[x] Flirt with Mystia discreetly.
>> No. 4755
[x] Look for another hanger.
[x] Keep looking for medkits.
[x] Flirt with Mystia discreetly.
>> No. 4756
[x] Look for another hanger.
[x] Keep looking for medkits.
[x] Ask Mystia for advice on the way.
[x] Flirt with Mystia discreetly.
>> No. 4757
>>4751
It's cool, really. Should've seen it coming.
>> No. 4759
[X] Ask Mystia for advice.
[X] Look for another hanger.
>> No. 4760
>>4751

Well.. I did tell you so...
>> No. 4762
[x] Look for another hanger.
More or less wins.

[x] Ask Mystia for advice on the way.
Also wins.

[x] Flirt with Mystia discreetly.
Semi-wins.

On a side note, before I finish writing and post the next part:

What do you ask Mystia about, in terms of advice?
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 4764
[x]"Do you know if there's a second hanger and where it is?"

She's explored the ship and knows more about where things are than us.
>> No. 4765
[x] "Can love bloom on a floating hunk of metal that's about to tear apart any second now between a man and his singing bodyguard?"
>> No. 4766
[x] "Know any good chicken joints?"
>> No. 4768
Writing ALL of them.
>> No. 4769
File 121839714252.jpg - (9.77KB , 400x321 , lightning fighter craft.jpg ) [iqdb]
4769
You decide on a course of action. You don't think there are any more escape pods, and the shuttle in the last hanger is probably lost to you. You heft your shotgun, the course of action decided.

"We're going to find another hanger, and hopefully another ship. Mystia, can you lead me there?" She nods an affirmative. "Alright, let's move out then. I want to get the hell off of this thing before it rips apart."

"Of course~" Mystia begins to walk down the hallway, towards where the servicemen came from, and you follow her. You two walk down the endless halls, you keeping an eye out for a medpack while Mystia guides your way. The ship itself creeps you out, bringing unbidden memories of being trapped on a space hulk. To take your mind off of it, you attempt to speak to Mystia.

"So, Mystia." You open up. "Can love bloom on a floating hunk of metal that's about to tear apart any second now between a man and his singing bodyguard?" You laugh nervously, and Mystia stops. You can see a bit of a blush on her face. Heh, it does help a bit to tease her.

"A-ah, I don't know~" She says. "Y-you've been reading too many trashy romance novs, boss~ We should hurry~" She begins to walk at a faster pace, embarrassed. You chuckled. Despite her being so easygoing most of the time, she's easy to tease.

You two continue to walk through the halls, the creaking noise beginning to pick up again. This area must be straining to hold together. You wonder how much damage has been done to the frame. How long until the ship rips apart and your cold dead body is flung into space, as the vacuum tears you apa-

Damnit, you're thinking again. Stop that. You try to ask Mystia someting again, to calm your nerves.

"Hey, Mystia, know any good chicken joints?"

"The left wing joint~" she shoots back quickly. You stare at her blankly, before chuckling slightly at the joke. Sure, it wasn't that good, but Mystia's trying to indulge you and calm you down, so might as well laugh, right?

Ah, man, you think, I'm gonna die.

You two make it to the hanger after a few more minutes, opening a final door to show the hanger, mostly empty, except for one starfighter in the middle of the bay, untouched.

A Lightning class fighter, a space and air superiority fighter designed for destroying other craft. On it's nose is a hull mounted Autocannon, and on it's wing-tips a lascannon each. Quite the beauty, it sits majestically, untouched and fully prepped, from what you can tell.

"Tis the Empress watching over us, boss~" Mystia says, "She has provided us safe transport to complete our task~" You nod.

"Of that I have no doubt, Mystia. Awfully convenient though, yes? That such a fighter, and a two-seater, a rare type by all means, be here and ready for launch?" You think on it for a moment, then shake the feeling off.

"Alright, Mystia. Get inside the back seat, and prep for launch. You know the proper litanies and rituals, get to it. I'm gonna see if I can find anything else we can use."

"Yes boss~" She says, walking over to get it started, while you rush to take a look around for anything useful. You soon find usefulness in the form of a box of twenty shotgun shells, a small medkit (Which you resolve to use to treat Mystia as soon as you can), and a survival pack. You toss the pack over your shoulder and shove the shells and the medkit in a pocket in your coat. You also find flight suits.

You hurriedly don your's, fitting the helmet securely to your head. Last thing you want to do is die. Now set, you think, you head back to Mystia, who's standing outside of the fighter.

"Here," you say, tossing her the second flight suit, "put this on. We're getting the hell out of here." Mystia quickly gets into the suit, putting it on over her dress, before hopping into the back seat. You toss her the supplies and your coat, and jump in yourself.

"Now..." you mutter to yourself, closing the cockpit behind you and starting up the controls, as the machine spirit awakens in the fighter, and the familiar humming of the engines begins to turn on, "let's get the hell out of he-"

And explosion wracks the ship behind you, the blast doors ripping open and the vacuum of space ripping your fighter out of the hanger and into the void of space. You see now who the Imperial navy has been battling so hard against.

You've traded with them before, these Tau. Them and their wondrous, almost sorcerous blasphemies against the machine spirit. Their ships and weapons are far more advanced than many of the Imperium's, although their numbers and cost are much lower.

Beyond the hanger, you see Tau ships floating above the planet's surface, doing battle with Imperial ships doing likewise. Guns, missiles, and lasers fly across the Lightning fighter as you continue the litanies of ignition, some barely avoiding your hull.

Your deft hands do not fail you, however, and your fighter is quickly active, it's jets firing off as you finish. The craft is fast and maneuverable, able to dodge the stray shot or missile easily, as long as you can see it coming.

The communications array soon comes blasting on, and you hear the comm chatter of several different squadrons and ships.

"Litanies of War, respond! This is Her Holy Word, we have several Xenos bombers attacking us! Requesting backup!"

"Negative, we are unable to send additional fighter support. Hang in there."
Mystia looks over the rear seat to you.

"What's the plan, boss~"

[ ] Make your way back to the planet; you have a mission to do.
[ ] Go help the Her Holy Word; they're in trouble.
>> No. 4771
{X} Make your way back to the planet; you have a mission to do.

lol bye
>> No. 4772
[x] "We need to secure our way off this rock--won't get very far on an Imperial starfighter if the Tau take the planet."
[x] Go help the Her Holy Word; they're in trouble.
>> No. 4773
[X] Go help the Her Holy Word; they're in trouble.
>> No. 4774
[X] Go help the Her Holy Word; they're in trouble.
>> No. 4775
[+] "We need to secure our way off this rock--won't get very far on an Imperial starfighter if the Tau take the planet."
[+] Go help the Her Holy Word; they're in trouble.
Nice.
>> No. 4776
[x] "We need to secure our way off this rock--won't get very far on an Imperial starfighter if the Tau take the planet."
[x] Go help the Her Holy Word; they're in trouble.
>> No. 4778
[x] Make your way back to the planet; you have a mission to do.

Guys. Guys.

We have a job to do.
>> No. 4779
[X] Make your way back to the planet; you have a mission to do.
>> No. 4780
[x] "We need to secure our way off this rock--won't get very far on an Imperial starfighter if the Tau take the planet."
[x] Go help the Her Holy Word; they're in trouble.

>"You will be paid handsomely for your services, I assure you. We'll give you a ship to take back home with you." He pulls out a piece of parchment, and offers it to you across the table. Taking it, you unroll it and look it over.

Because this is probably the ship they're paying us with.
>> No. 4783
[x] "We need to secure our way off this rock--won't get very far on an Imperial starfighter if the Tau take the planet."
[x] Go help the Her Holy Word; they're in trouble.
>> No. 4834
Updates?
>> No. 4843
NO UPDATES?

HERESY!

*BLAM*
>> No. 4846
[x] "We need to secure our way off this rock--won't get very far on an Imperial starfighter if the Tau take the planet."
[x] Go help the Her Holy Word; they're in trouble.
>> No. 4847
Holy fuck, why haven't I noticed this story earlier? Ironically enough, I've been thinking about writing a WH40k/Touhou crossover, but it seems like I won't have to now.

And by the authority of the immortal God-Emperor of Mankind, I demand an update.
>> No. 4849
>>4847
Write Ork modo and you will be superior.
>> No. 4855
>>4847

Glad to see someone likes me. Now get back to work, writenigger, more Viking in Gensokyo, damn your eyes.

Sorry about the delay. Writing [x] Help her Holy Word as soon as possible. Visiting family. The barbarians have no internet.
>> No. 4856
>>4855
Forgot my trip.
>> No. 4889
Updates?
>> No. 4896
[x] Go help the Her Holy Word; they're in trouble.

As you look on the situation, you begin to scrutinize it more thoroughly, and likewise, are better able to see a bigger part of the battle. As you look at the bigger picture, you suddenly realize that the Her Holy Word is incredibly important, and needs to be helped, right now.

The Her Holy Word appears to be a missile destroyer, and it's heading for a particular Tau battleship, most likely for a full salvo. Now, this wouldn't be a big deal normally, but you also notice the majority of the tau fighters, at least from what you can see zooming about you, are Remora Stealth Drones.

You've encountered Tau drones before, mostly gun drones with pulse carbines, floating near prominent merchants to protect them from attackers. You know that without a decent control, their machine spirits tend to be weak, and flighty, causing them to make foolish actions that usually lead to their demise, or at least make it much easier to kill them. The Her Holy Word is flying straight for a Communications ship specifically designed for the drone fighters; if they blast it, the drone fighters will be useless, leaving only manned fighters to deal with.

There are a few tau-manned fighters here, mostly AX-01 Tigersharks armed with Heavy Railguns, but you should be able to handle the only one attacking the Her Holy Word. You'll have to act fast, though; you see several fires on the hull already.

You zoom forwards, charging your wing-tipped lascannons a last time, and making for the lone AX-01 Tigershark hammering the ship with it's railgun. You make it most of the way to the ship quickly and without incident, coming up on it's side relatively quickly.

As you begin to lock onto it, turning as it flies forwards, taking another strafing run on the Her Holy Word, you see the blue pulse of burst cannon fire flying over your craft, coming at you from behind.

"Three ships are behind us and shooting at us, boss~" Mystia says, and you look over your shoulder to see three of the fighter drones in question; they're not that accurate with their fire, but there's a lot of it, and it's only a matter of time before you'll get hit.

With your target ahead of you and your pursuers behind you, what do you do?

[ ] Stay on target! Fire as soon as the lascannons charge and pull out!
[ ] Pull out! Take care of those Remoras, Her Holy Word can take more Railgun fire than you can burstcannon fire!
[ ] Write in Plan!
[ ] Eject! I can't take it easy like this!
>> No. 4897
File 121875500319.jpg - (8.83KB , 400x233 , tigershark.jpg ) [iqdb]
4897
I'll just leave these here.
>> No. 4899
File 121875520520.jpg - (15.80KB , 400x519 , remorap1store.jpg ) [iqdb]
4899
>>4897
And this, as well.
>> No. 4900
[X] Stay on target! Fire as soon as the lascannons charge and pull out!
>> No. 4901
[x] Evasive maneuvers, try to stall for breathing space before opening fire.
[x] As soon as it's done, get the bleeding fuck out of there.

Just an idea.
>> No. 4902
YOU SUCK!
>> No. 4903
[X] Stay on target! Fire as soon as the lascannons charge and pull out!
>> No. 4908
[+] Stay on target! Fire as soon as the lascannons charge and pull out!
>> No. 4910
[X] Stay on target! Fire as soon as the lascannons charge and pull out!
>> No. 4915
[X] Stay on target! Fire as soon as the lascannons charge and pull out!

IT CAME FROM... BEHIND!
>> No. 4916
[ ] Stay on target! Fire as soon as the lascannons charge and pull out!
[ ] Chant a prayer to the God-Empress. In Her glorius name the xenos will fall.
>> No. 4917
[x] Join the greater good.
>> No. 4943
>>4917
HERESY

Wait...
>> No. 4984
[X] HOLD SHIFT FOR FOCUSED MOVEMENT! Fire as soon as the lascannons charge and pull out!
>> No. 4989
[X] Hold shift for focused movement! Fire as soon as the lascannons charge and pull out!
[X] Chant a prayer to the God-Empress. In Her glorius name the xenos will fall.
>> No. 5011
Damnit! You can't let the enemy scare you off like this! You're a servant of the Imperium, the masters of the universe! You're of the master race, a human! God Empress Hakurei said herself that your kind was destined to rule over the stars, you will not falter, and you will not lose!

"God Empress, guide my aim!" You begin to mutter, even as burstcannon fire starts to streak across your armor, causing scorch marks to rip across it, some even tearing gouging holes into it, "Give me strength!" Your weapons gauge begins to blink, indicating the lascannons have fully power up.

"Give me VICTORY!" You yell, eliciting a cheer from Mystia in the background, as you pull the trigger, and both shots streak forwards into the black void of space. The first shot goes wide, flying off into nothingness, but the second shot rips straight through it's right engine, causing it to veer off to the side and spin out of control, crashing into the Her Holy Word's hull, causing damage but destroying itself in the process.

"Xenos Scum." You spit into your comm in triumph before an explosion wracks the ship, shaking you about violently. Another rips through it, and your head slams against the side of the canopy hard as you spin out of control.

"Boss, are you okay~" Mystia asks urgently, as the ship begins to spin out of control. Those Remoras might be inaccurate and useless and lightly armed, but those burst cannons have taken their toll. You start flying towards the hull of the ship, and you can't seem to get a good grip on the controls. Actually, everything's going black...

Suddenly a warm hand grips your chin, and a revolting, sharp stench forces you awake and away from unconsciousness, although you're not very coherent.

"Boss, pull up~" You grope wildly for the stick pulling it upwards, your left lascannon tip ripping off as you barely avoid losing the entire wing to a damaged gun-turret on the hull.

You sluggishly check the systems. No lascannon on the left wing tip, one of your engines is at half power, rear armor starting to buckle, and you still have two remoras on your six.

What do you do, John?

[ ] Slow down, pull up, hope to get behind them.
[ ] Hold shift for focused movement, hope someone comes to save your bacon.
[ ] Try to loop around somehow and get into a dogfight with them
[ ] Write-in.
[ ] Eject! I can't take it easy like this!
>> No. 5012
[x] Hold shift for focused movement, hope someone comes to save your bacon.
>> No. 5015
Down to half strength, huh?

[X] Hold shift for focused movement, hope to find some wreckage to use for cover.
[X] Go past it, then loop around behind them the moment they've lost tracking.
>> No. 5030
[ ] Slow down, pull up, hope to get behind them.
[ ] Try to loop around somehow and get into a dogfight with them
>> No. 5031
[X] Hold shift for focused movement, hope to find some wreckage to use for cover.
[X] Go past it, then loop around behind them the moment they've lost tracking.
>> No. 5033
[X] Hold shift for focused movement, hope to find some wreckage to use for cover.
[X] Go past it, then loop around behind them the moment they've lost tracking.
>> No. 5072
Updates?
>> No. 5073
Urrrrgh. I'm gonna make and eat lunch, then the next post.
>> No. 5076
[X] Hold shift for focused movement, hope to find some wreckage to use for cover.
[x] Get the bloody fuck out.
>> No. 5084
File 121901829611.jpg - (55.39KB , 800x600 , kaboom.jpg ) [iqdb]
5084
You sluggishly grip the controls more firmly, burstcannon fire starting to fly around your damaged fighter again. Shit, you've got to evade them. You don't know how much more this fighter will take before it goes down, but it can't be too much.

You pull down, lowering towards the hull of the ship, looking for some damaged ship part to hide behind, some destroyed turret tower, ANYTHING. Her Holy Word does not dissapoint; you see a ravaged part of the ship near it's engines, wrecked anti-ship guns and missile silos, even a heavily damaged radio tower there. You streak for it, turning slightly to the right to compensate for the damaged engine's lack of power.

As soon as you reach the wreckage you cut speed, flying behind a piece of rubble and just barely evading a volley of burstfire, the shots eating into the damaged metal behind you, but missing your fighter. You continue to weave and zoom through the wreckage, keeping yourself hidden for the time being.

There, you found it. Mystia silently watches as you cut your thrust completely, stopping your fighter securely in the wreckage. Time to wait, now. You lean back and relax.

You've got to wait until those drones stop tracking you. You don't think you could take them head on in a fight with a half-wrecked ship; you'll have to get them from behind.

It's silent as you look up and wait for the Remoras to stop looking for your fighter. Occasionally, one flies by, or nearly catches you, but they end up missing your location, thankfully. Soon, they turn and begin to fly away, lost to your existence.

Your chance. Take it.

You slam on the throttle and zoom forwards, zipping out of the wreckage, and throwing Autocannon rounds out at one of the Remoras. Your shells rip through it's rear armor, flipping it over with the kinetic force and utterly destroying it. The other Remora turns to attack back, but you don't let it; your gunfire destroys that one too, in a glorious blaze of rapid-fired explosions.

"Foul machines." You mutter, leveling out your damaged fighter, your head finally clearing up.

You watch the rest of the battle. The Her Holy Word is almost at it's target, and will soon unleash a large volley of torpedo and missiles at that Tau control ship, and the battle will probably end soon afterward. Now would be a good time to decide what the plan of action is:

[ ] Eject, hope someone picks you up.
[ ] Try to land on an imperial ship, you're not sure if the fighter'll hold.
[ ] Land on the planet, the faster you get down their the faster you'll make money.
[ ] Write-In.
>> No. 5087
[X] Land on "Her Holy Word"

i'm sure they will be grateful and provide support, or at least help fix Mystia.
>> No. 5088
[ ] Try to land on an imperial ship, you're not sure if the fighter'll hold.
>> No. 5089
[x] Land on Her Holy Word.
[x] Ask to see a medic, or someone who can help Mystia.
[x] Ask for a lift down to the planet's surface; you have a mission to do.
>> No. 5090
[X] Land on "Her Holy Word"

Hope this ship isn't about to get blown to hell.
>> No. 5091
[x] Land on the planet, the faster you get down their the faster you'll make money.
>> No. 5098
[x] Land on Her Holy Word.
[x] Ask to see a medic, or someone who can help Mystia.
[x] Ask for escort to the planet's surface after it's fired its salvo; you have a high-priority mission to perform for the Empire.
>> No. 5100
>[ ] Land on the planet, the faster you get down their the faster you'll make money.

I foresee a crash landing scene.

[X] Land on "Her Holy Word"
>> No. 5101
[X] Land on "Her Holy Word"

Wins.

Pressing the eject button at any time during this scene would have been your death. Yep, T3 human in an unarmored flight suit, please jump into a S5 AP5 burst cannon volley instead of staying in the safety of your AV 10 fighter.

I'll write once or twice more tonight before gb2/bed/. In about 7 hours.
>> No. 5105
>>5101
Sorry. I got sleepy while the site was down.

~

Yeah, you realize, there's no way that you'll be able to land this damaged fighter on the planet safely. You might hurt yourself or Mystia even worse, and you don't know how much more she can take. She's already taken a more or less untreated wound for a fairly long time, especially with all the stress.

Wait. You could land on the Her Holy Word when it fires it's slavo of missiles! They'd be sure to welcome you with open arms, and with their help you can get Mystia a proper Medicae, and a ride down to the planet! Perfect!

You begin to fly across the ship, towards where you presume the hanger-bay is. As you do, however, you see on the hull of the ship many large holes appear.

Oh.

Oh shit.

Shoving the throttle as far forwards as it can go, you barely evade the missile launching past your fighter, and have to bank to the left hard to evade another. Missiles are flying everywhere around you, frak, you can feel the heat of the jet exhaust scorching your ship.

You skim through the missiles, barely avoiding them with your skill, before you see your target; the hanger bay! You quickly zoom around and through, speeding up to avoid a missile.

Then you realize that you're going in too fast.

You barely manage to slam the air brake and turn the ship over on it's right side before you fly into the hanger bay and slam into the ground, spinning out of control. Before everything goes black you see many of the surprised crew members watching you fly towards the steel deck, a small personnel cart around where you're about to land, the bright lights above you.

Then nothing.

~

***INCOMING TRANSMISSION***
An excerpt of the debate between Inquisitor Killroy, Ordo Malleus, and Inquisitor Roderic, Ordo Hereticus, on the priority of heresies during and before the Tau Empire's attack on Scintilla, during the 565th Tyrant Cabal's meeting.


Killroy: I will make this message short, as every moment I spend currying to your whims is a moment I spend unable to serve the will of our God-Empress; a waste of time. As to your request, I have sent you the latest movements of my requisitioned troops. I have sent several squads of stormtroopers to the Governor's Palace, to ensure that he is well protected; and watched. I have also sent some men to keep an eye on the factories in Gunmetal City, to keep heresy out of the way.

You are a fool. This waste of my resources is detrimental to the possible youkai breach that could happen at one of the sealing Shrines, such as ARX32d. I understand the likelihood that this attack on the planet of Scintilla has been orchestrated by some organization, but we need to deal with it's aftereffects and possible youkai intrusion before we deal with those that wish to tear open a gap.

Inquisitor Roderic: Are you so blind that you cannot see, Inquisitor Killroy? We must find any trace of possible heretical cults and stamp them out before the Tau attack on Scintilla becomes any more of an opportunity. This is the worst possible time for an attack, relocating three Imperial Guard regiments and half of Battlefleet Calaxis. There is something afoot here, and by the Empress I shall know of it!

Lord Inquisitor *CLASSIFIED*: Enough, both of you. We no longer have the time to continue bickering. The tarot has proclaimed the newest manifestation of the *CLASSIFIED* to be in the next four days. Also, according to our copy of the Grimoire of Alice, the newest manifestation of the Gap Youkai is in the next four days as well. Inquisitor Killroy, you are to seize back control of your assets, and maintain a defense force on the four sealed shrines. Roderic, focus on rooting out Tyrantian cults and Alien Sympathizers. Dismissed.

***END TRANSMISSION***[/i]

~

In the darkness. Light.

In the void. The Empress.

Her beautiful visage, the frail frame under her flowing miko robes.

Beyond this, you see..

[ ] The fate of the oppressed.
[ ] The manipulated.
[ ] The ill guided.
>> No. 5112
[X] The fate of the oppressed.

RISE UP!
>> No. 5113
[x] The manipulated.

GOD DAMN IT YUKARI
>> No. 5125
{X} The manipulated.
>> No. 5133
[ODIN] The manipulated.
>> No. 5140
[x] Glory, Power, the revival of the God Empress of Man.
[x] Mystia
>> No. 5141
[X] Mystia
>> No. 5148
[x] Mystia
>> No. 5164
4 votes for Mystia, 4 votes for The Manipulated.

Interesting.

Instant death between these two, next vote wins.
>> No. 5165
[x] MYSTIA/
>> No. 5178
>>5164

I deleted my Manipulated vote anyway.

Mystia~
>> No. 5179
>>5165
Haha, oh wow.
>> No. 5181
HA HA HA
WHERE IS YOUR GRIMDARK NOW?
>> No. 5182
File 121910865357.jpg - (27.68KB , 640x477 , lightplanfail.jpg ) [iqdb]
5182
>>5181

It'll still be there when Mystia dies next post.
>> No. 5191
>>5182

FFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 5234
Updates?
>> No. 5302
Sorry. Would have posted last night, but a 9 hour delay sux massive balls.

I'll post after shopping for dormshits tonight.
>> No. 5331
It is heresy to not update, Inquisitor.
>> No. 5425
Exterminatus declared on this thread, due to heresy.
>> No. 5426
File 121937819954.jpg - (423.17KB , 900x800 , 1219033121420.jpg ) [iqdb]
5426
Girls do their best now and are preparing.
Please watch warmly until it is ready.
>> No. 5822
>Updates, where?

>Monday, Empress' word.
>> No. 5851
Funny story. So, I spend 45 minutes working on the new post before class, and guess what happens?

I post it, turns out there's a duplicate file entry. Hit back, my entire post is gone.

I forgot to copy+paste.

RAGE.

I'll post between my first two classes today. Goddamnit.
>> No. 5853
>>5851
Why the hell are you writing the entire update in the little post box? Use a decent text editor (not notepad) and save often.
>> No. 6039
>I'll post between my first two classes today.
>today

ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 6182
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 6348
This is dead?

Shame. Touhou needs more summary executions.
>> No. 6451
Why, Inquisitor, Why?
Why these seven minutes?
why?...
>> No. 6851
Seven days~
>> No. 7026
Hopefully not *70* days, now...
(knocks on desk)
>> No. 7165
Well.. It was fun while it lasted.
>> No. 7182
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 10213
What happened to this?
>> No. 10215
I am saddened that His Glorious Word is silent, that His Indomitable Will has faltered, and that His Illustrious Light no longer shines upon us.

But yet I Shall Know No Fear, for as long as His Name remains there is hope.
>> No. 10248
I don't usually care much for her, but your Mystia I liked. Too bad.
>> No. 10320
>>10213
Writefag is now in college and is having a hell of a time balancing schoolwork and interbutts.

I could ask him yet again for an ETA on actually writing this thing.
>> No. 10889
I refuse to believe this is dead.
>> No. 10893
It isn't dead, just the author is being really lazy despite attempts to get back into writing it now that his writers block is over.

He's supposed to be working on an update right now, so let's see how that pans out. If not, I can probably give you guys a way to vent your frustration to him.