[Return]
Archived thread

File 121742269285.jpg - (131.39KB , 500x606 , 59d56c5417e6ac4e0fac613dd9066c92257ac8a9.jpg ) [iqdb]
4345 No. 4345
[x] Dream
-[x] Yamame

Again your mind weaves thoughts into dreaming. A familiar dream passes…
You are in a world of grey. You sit with a man you don’t know, his face blurred, but obviously turned to you. A fire crackles lonely in the darkness. Beyond the circle of light stretches untamed wilderness, as far as the eye can see. Feelings wash over you, of despair, of remorse and guilt. The man lays a comforting hand on your shoulder. The tide of emotion abates slightly, and you breathe more easily. He coughs slightly. Your vision fades out, then in again. Time has passed. You’re in a town, alone. You sit on the crowded street, lying against a building. People pass you by without so much as a glance This time it’s you who cough slightly. You sigh, then rise. Your eye catches on a person who has stopped, and is looking at you. It’s a girl in blue clothing…
--day 4 prologue end--

You awake. Blinking, you try to remember the dream you just had. You vaguely remember something important about it. However, as your mind begins to work properly, you notice something. That something is Parsee, leaning over your cot, staring at you. Her face is impassive, and she says nothing. Just stares.

[] “What?”
[] yell loudly
[] freewrite

>> No. 4348
[x] "What time is it?"
>> No. 4350
Yamame has the consumption?
>> No. 4351
[x] Yell loudly
then
[x] "What time is it?"
>> No. 4354
[x] "Well, good morning, sunshine."
[x] "...I mean, Captain."
[x] "I didn't oversleep, did I?"

Awesome, Waynenonymous has Sleeping-face Charm, just like Shiki.
>> No. 4355
Also, congrats on reaching thread three!
>> No. 4359
[x] "Well, good morning, sunshine."
[x] "...I mean, Captain."
[x] "I didn't oversleep, did I?"

I dub thee, Captain Sunshine.
>> No. 4360
[x] "What time is it?"
>> No. 4361
[x] "Well, good morning, sunshine."
[x] "...I mean, Captain."
[x] "I didn't oversleep, did I?"
>> No. 4363
{X} "Well, good morning, sunshine."
{X} "...I mean, Captain."
{X} "I didn't oversleep, did I?"

Captain Sunshine, awesome~
>> No. 4371
[x] "Well, good morning, sunshine."
[x] "...I mean, Captain."
[x] "I didn't oversleep, did I?"

“Good morning. I hope you are well?” Her tone is silky.
“Very well, thank you.”
“Wonderful. And don’t worry about oversleeping. Just look around,” Parsee says with a smile. Looking around, you indeed see that everyone else is still asleep.
“Oh? Why did you wake me up so early?”
“You are the newest recruit after all, so of course you would need some extra instruction. I am being kind enough to provide it to you.”
“Thanks for that,” you say, somewhat sarcastically. Parsee backs away, allowing you to get out of your cot. “Breakfast?”
“In time.” Parsee exits, motioning for you to follow. You sigh, seeming to have no choice in the matter. Following, you are lead to the commons. Parsee sits on of the boxes, and motions for you to do likewise. Sitting, you wait for her to begin.
“Now then, listen well to what I say, because I won’t repeat it. Follow my instructions and everything will be fine. Go against them, and you may very well end up dead. Normally, this would not be a problem for me, but you are under my command. If you end up in an unfortunate accident, I also take responsibility. I’d rather not deal with it. Also, keep in mind that you’re part of a group. You probably have traveled alone for a while? Well, now what you do affects not only yourself, but all of us. With that being said, the plan is as follows. In about two or three hours, a caravan will be passing near here. We will intercept it. As per Mima’s request, casualties for both sides should be kept to a minimum. You’re with me, which unfortunately means you’re going in first. I really hope you’re as good as Mima thinks you are, for your sake. Just follow me and listen to what I say, and you should do fine. As for the finer details, they may be discussed during the operation. Any questions?”

[] freewrite
[] none
>> No. 4374
[x] "Do you know what the coach company is that's delivering the supplies and who exactly hired them? I'd like to know who we're making enemies with."
[x] "I heard some grumbles yesterday when the boss said we weren't going after the merchant carriages--are any of these men less than loyal?"
>> No. 4375
[x] "Are you this sweet to every newcomer, or am I just special?"
>> No. 4377
>>4374
[X] "Do you know what the coach company is that's delivering the supplies and who exactly hired them? I'd like to know who we're making enemies with."
[X] "I heard some grumbles yesterday when the boss said we weren't going after the merchant carriages--anybody in particular I should keep an eye on?"

I like where your head's at, but I think this wording gets the same result while sounding more like self-interest and less potentially mutinous.
>> No. 4378
[X] "Do you know what the coach company is that's delivering the supplies and who exactly hired them? I'd like to know who we're making enemies with."
[X] "I heard some grumbles yesterday when the boss said we weren't going after the merchant carriages--anybody in particular I should keep an eye on?"
>> No. 4380
[+] "Do you know what the coach company is that's delivering the supplies and who exactly hired them? I'd like to know who we're making enemies with."
[+] "I heard some grumbles yesterday when the boss said we weren't going after the merchant carriages--anybody in particular I should keep an eye on?"
>> No. 4381
[z] "Do you know what the coach company is that's delivering the supplies and who exactly hired them? I'd like to know who we're making enemies with."
[e] "I heard some grumbles yesterday when the boss said we weren't going after the merchant carriages--anybody in particular I should keep an eye on?"
>> No. 4382
[Q] "Do you know what the coach company is that's delivering the supplies and who exactly hired them? I'd like to know who we're making enemies with."
[Q] "I heard some grumbles yesterday when the boss said we weren't going after the merchant carriages--anybody in particular I should keep an eye on?"
>> No. 4388
[wand] "Do you know what the coach company is that's delivering the supplies and who exactly hired them? I'd like to know who we're making enemies with."
[bagon] "I heard some grumbles yesterday when the boss said we weren't going after the merchant carriages--anybody in particular I should keep an eye on?"

>“Wonderful. And don’t worry about oversleeping. Just look around,” Parsee says with a smile.

Shenanigans! Who is this woman and what has she done with the Parsee from >>3499?
>> No. 4408
>Shenanigans! Who is this woman and what has she done with the Parsee from >>3499?

Killing you and giving you good advice aren't mutually exclusive.
>> No. 4418
I'm sorry for the delayed post. In return, walltext.
---------------------
[X] "Do you know what the coach company is that's delivering the supplies and who exactly hired them? I'd like to know who we're making enemies with."
[X] "I heard some grumbles yesterday when the boss said we weren't going after the merchant carriages--anybody in particular I should keep an eye on?"

Parsee rests her head in one hand as she considers the questions. “I don’t know the finer details, so I can’t fill you in. In fact, from what I’ve heard, or rather, haven’t heard, this carriage is special. I don’t think it’s cause for concern, but there may be something up. I’ve already discussed this with Mima, and she’s taken it into consideration. In any case, it’s not something you should worry your little head about. Mima’s a worse enemy than just about any you could find. She proved that during the war.”
“The war? You mean the civil war?”
“Ah, of course. You’re new, so you wouldn’t know. I can’t stand seeing someone so ignorant of those around hem, so I’ll tell you. The good mistress who leads our band of brigands is a war veteran. In fact, most of this group were under her command. Unfortunately, in the aftermath of the conflict the changing economy didn’t seem to have any room for them. So they had to turn to less socially acceptable means of living. And, well, here we are now.” A war veteran? Mima? It really gives you a different perspective on her. “But I digress,” Parsee continues, “The point is, in short, that I don’t know or care who we’re dealing with, as long as it gets done, and neither should you. We really can’t be picky this far out in the middle of nowhere.” Parsee falls into a thoughtful silence again. “As for your second question, there has been some complaint with how Mima handles things. For a veteran, many would say she’s pretty soft. She dislikes killing, and takes no more than is needed. A true paragon of the honorable thief. But not everybody here shares her virtuous spirit. Some of the same people that followed her on the battlefield are those that you heard last night. In fact, it might be only because of that that something more hasn’t already happened. In this group, the balance of power may be more frail than you imagine. Like your other question, though, it’s not something you need to worry about. As for me? I’d say that I understand the argument on both sides, and nothing more than that.” She sighs, and looks over her shoulder, towards the sleeping quarters. “It should be time for the others to wake up soon.”
Indeed, others soon begin to wake and trickle into the commons. You and Parsee sit in silence until finally Mima makes an appearance just in time for breakfast. With the bustle of preparation, even you find something to do, and don’t have much time for talk. Finally, you’re ready to go. A feeling of anticipation wells inside of you. Though you’re a competent shot, you haven’t had many chances to use your gun. Aside from that, to think that the opportunity would present itself in a bandit raid, with you doing the raiding, is something you never would have expected. Down the entrance tunnel, you saddle your horses. Mima, whose horse is next to yours, turns to speak to you. “So, how ya feeling?”
“I’ll manage.” Mima gives her signature grin.
“That’s what I wanted to hear.” She mounts her horse, and everyone else does likewise. “Well,” she says to the group, “we’re off!” And with that, she rides off down the tunnel.
You’ve been riding for a time when you notice something out of place. Deciding to ask Parsee about it, you ride up next to her.
“I just noticed, but Yamame isn’t here.” Parsee looks at you.
“Yes, as you so acutely observed, she isn’t. She’s not really one for fighting, so she stays behind. It’s an odd feature for a band of thieves, but Mima says so, and so there’s not much we can do.” Parsee shrugs unconcernedly. “We should be coming up on the caravan in a moment.” And soon the caravan does come into sight. Along with the caravan, there’s a figure riding on top of it. You can’t make it out because of the distance, but they seem to be holding something. A second later, there’s a high-pitched humming sound as something embeds itself into the ground some distance off.
It’s an arrow, with a message tied to it. “Good sirs, please refrain from following. This is your only warning.” Mima looks at it questioningly, then tosses it over her shoulder.
“Continue!”
Soon the figure appears again. Seeing that you still are following, She shakes her head and ducks back inside. Without explanation, the carriage stops. You look among each other. Is it a trap? They certainly wouldn’t give up that easily. “Well, it’s time for us to make our move,” says Parsee. She motions to you, and the two of you set off for the caravan, the rest of the group trailing behind. As you approach, the door of the last carriage opens, and a considerable number of large, burly men carrying and assortment of revolvers and crude weapons pour out. Parsee dismounts, and you follow. “I assume this is the welcoming committee?”
The biggest and most burly of them, presumably their de facto leader, steps forward.
“Yeah, little missy, and it’ll be your last. We don’t want trouble, but if you don’t leave, we’ll be forced to do some things we won’t enjoy.” This is, of course, a lie. All of these men look like they very much do want trouble and would immensely enjoy the things he referred to. Parsee, however, pays this no heed.
“I’m sorry, but I’m a businesswoman. I can’t stop in the middle of a job. However, I’m fair and reasonable. If you step aside now, I won’t hurt you. Too much.” She smiles in an almost cheerful fashion. Reaching down, she fingers the hilts of the two long daggers she wears.
“It’s a shame,” the man says.
“Truly,” Parsee relies in mock-remorse. In a flash, she draws two long, crooked daggers and rushes into the fray. The mercenaries, not expecting this, are caught off guard. Three of them are down in a flash of metal as Parsee dodges among the group. In the ensuing confusion, several of the men are wounded by friendly fire while Parsee continues to wreak havoc among their ranks. The entire skirmish is over in seconds. Parsee stands, bloodstained. “Don’t worry,” she calls to Mima, “I avoided their vital spots.” You stand, shock evident on your face. She hadn’t needed your help at all. Parsee turns to you impatiently. “What are you waiting for? Get over here.” You walk toward Parsee. “And hurry up.” You quicken your pace. Sheathing one of her blades, she grabs your wrist. “Come with me.” Not that she leaves you much choice. Pulling you along, she enters the carriage. It’s simple and undecorated, being meant for only the mercenaries. On either side of the room there’s two long benches and two windows. In the far wall, there’s a door that leads to the next carriage. Parsee walks silently to the door, still with a firm hold on your wrist. Suddenly, she stops. Releasing your wrist, she holds up a finger to indicate that you should be quiet. You unholster your weapon as she slowly opens the door. There, in front of the open door at the end of the next carriage, is the lady you saw earlier. You can now clearly see the bow she has drawn, pointing at Parsee. Her long silver hair is braided and drops behind the shoulder of her red and blue patterned dress.
>> No. 4419
“I told you to leave. Why didn’t you listen? I’m very sorry, but it’s come to this.” Her tone is level.
“My, they just keep coming,” Parsee sighs. With a swift motion, Parsee closes the distance between herself and her opponent. The woman looses her arrow, but Parsee nimbly dodges it. Not quickly enough though, because it leaves her open to a sharp kick from her assailant. Parsee is knocked away by the blow and lands on her back. Before she has time to recover, the woman has nocked another arrow and has it pointed at Parsee.
“Checkmate.” The woman’s expression and tone is still neutral.
You can’t leave it like this, can you? You…

[] Stay silent, trust in Parsee to reverse the situation
[] Protect Parsee, shoot the woman.
>> No. 4420
[x] Cock the hammer on your gun to alert the woman to the fact you've drawn a bead on her.
[x] "Ma'am as a humble outlaw, I beseech you to not fire that there arrow-slinger. Mima's boys ain't lookin' for anything but your foodstuffs and like consumables--nothin' worth killin' over."

Don't shoot. A bow isn't a gun: If her grip on the bowstring slackens, the arrow will be loosed at Parsee.
>> No. 4422
[+] Cock the hammer on your gun to alert the woman to the fact you've drawn a bead on her.
[+] "Ma'am as a humble outlaw, I beseech you to not fire that there arrow-slinger. Mima's boys ain't lookin' for anything but your foodstuffs and like consumables--nothin' worth killin' over."
Honor.
[+] If she refuses, shoot her in the hand holding the bow.
Not the one holding the arrow, mind you.
>> No. 4427
Hot shit. Parsee is fucking awesome.

[x] Cock the hammer on your gun to alert the woman to the fact you've drawn a bead on her.
[x] "Ma'am as a humble outlaw, I beseech you to not fire that there arrow-slinger. Mima's boys ain't lookin' for anything but your foodstuffs and like consumables--nothin' worth killin' over."
>> No. 4430
[x] Cock the hammer on your gun to alert the woman to the fact you've drawn a bead on her.
[x] "Ma'am as a humble outlaw, I beseech you to not fire that there arrow-slinger. Mima's boys ain't lookin' for anything but your foodstuffs and like consumables--nothin' worth killin' over."
>> No. 4435
[x] Cock the hammer on your gun to alert the woman to the fact you've drawn a bead on her.
[x] "Ma'am as a humble outlaw, I beseech you to not fire that there arrow-slinger. Mima's boys ain't lookin' for anything but your foodstuffs and like consumables--nothin' worth killin' over."

Holy shit, Parsee. Just as expected of Eirin, but...holy shit, Parsee.
>> No. 4451
Oh wow. Parsee route? I can't really elucidate why I want this; I just know that I really, really do.

Now let's just hope we can smoothtalk Eirin out of aspirating our heroine's lung.
>> No. 4455
moar
>> No. 4460
[x] Cock the hammer on your gun to alert the woman to the fact you've drawn a bead on her.
[x] "Ma'am as a humble outlaw, I beseech you to not fire that there arrow-slinger. Mima's boys ain't lookin' for anything but your foodstuffs and like consumables--nothin' worth killin' over."
[x] WATCH OUT FOR BUNNY GIRLS WITH GUNS.
>> No. 4461
[X] Cock the hammer on your gun to alert the woman to the fact you've drawn a bead on her.
[X] "Ma'am as a humble outlaw, I beseech you to not fire that there arrow-slinger. Mima's boys ain't lookin' for anything but your foodstuffs and like consumables--nothin' worth killin' over."
[X] If she refuses, shoot her in the hand holding the bow.
>> No. 4462
>[x] WATCH OUT FOR BUNNY GIRLS WITH GUNS.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Also, updates where?
>> No. 4466
>[x] WATCH OUT FOR BUNNY GIRLS WITH GUNS.

In before Tewi appears out of nowhere and coldcocks us like we're a tengu in MiG.
>> No. 4469
Or hotcocks us like the futa h-scene in LAE
>> No. 4474
>>4469
Oh, hey! It's a little bunny rabb...OH GOD ITS RAPING US!
>> No. 4477
Where's my updates, cowboy?
>> No. 4483
File 121790393358.jpg - (222.36KB , 533x746 , bcce345c902519ca3a320b31f773313ea3a2cccb.jpg ) [iqdb]
4483
[x] Cock the hammer on your gun to alert the woman to the fact you've drawn a bead on her.
[x] "Ma'am as a humble outlaw, I beseech you to not fire that there arrow-slinger. Mima's boys ain't lookin' for anything but your foodstuffs and like consumables--nothin' worth killin' over."

The woman makes no move at the sound of you cocking your weapon, but her eyes flicker to you when you speak. This is all the distraction Parsee needs. She swiftly draws her second kris and rights herself. The woman looks back just in time to dodge a jab aimed at her heart. Unable to use her weapon reliably in close quarters, she closes the door behind her as she retreats into the next carriage.
Parsee rises. Reaching down, she grabs the dagger she dropped earlier. She is silent for a moment, looking down at the blade, then says, “We’re going forward.”
“Shouldn’t we report back?” you ask, concerned. More than out of a sense of duty, you don’t want Parsee to take on an enemy that’s too skilled for her. Parsee, however, bristles at the question.
“I don’t let my prey escape, no matter the odds.” She grips her weapon more tightly. “I was unprepared last time, but it won’t work again. You, of course, will also be there to support me if need be.” She looks at you for a long moment, an unreadable expression on her face. “Oh, and…” she pauses, turning away from you. “…thank you,” she says, almost inaudibly. Without another word, she opens the door.
The room, unlike the last two, is laden with crates. The goods are scattered throughout the carriage, making it difficult to move but putting Parsee at a distinct advantage. There’s not enough room to competently aim a bow in here. Or so you thought. The woman kneeling upon a crate a few yards in front of you seems hellbent on trying. Though it’s a straight path to the next carriage, the door leading to it is closed, and Parsee closes the door behind you. The two combatants silently agree; only one of them will leave this room. Parsee fleetingly looks back at you, reminding you that this is not your fight. Then she shifts her grip, tensing, and dashes through the maze of crates towards her opponent. The woman’s first shot narrowly misses, embedding itself in a crate Parsee had just ducked behind. Weaving in and out of sight, you can only track Parsee’s movements by the concentration of her opponent. A second shot misses, and a third. As you suspected, such conditions aren’t suitable for weapons such as a bow. The woman’s expression suddenly changes as Parsee leaps into sight, one of her daggers aimed toward her throat. Narrowly deflecting it with her bow, she leaps back to another crate. Parsee follows soon after, a second thrust aimed at her chest. With a quick movement, she draws a short dagger concealed under her dress, bringing it up just in time to parry Parsee’s strike. The sound of metal rings as Parsee’s daggers are deflected a third and fourth time. The two figures maneuver around each other on the small space the crate provides. Both combatants are already sweating, their faces showing intense concentration. However, the woman starts to wear under the pressure; the whirling blades of Parsee’s two-weapon style are simply too quick for the woman’s defense. Again, she breaks the engagement, placing distance between Parsee and herself. Parsee leaps after her, determined to finish the fight. A fierce blow toward the woman’s shoulder is again parried, but not the vicious kick to her abdomen that followed after. The woman topples off the crate and out of sight, and Parsee follows afterward. You understand that the fight is over. It’s a testament to the woman’s skill that she lasted this long in the first place. Rounding the corner of the crate, you see Parsee sitting on the woman, her blade pressed against her throat. The woman’s expression is one of defiance, while Parsee’s is one of enjoyment.
“You can take whatever you want, but I will not allow you to harm the mistress.”
“Mistress? I have no clue who you’re talking about. Even if I did, you’re not in a position that lends itself to bargaining, are you?”
“My life is of no importance. If need be, I’ll end it for her sake.” Parsee’s smile widens.
“A noble goal. Now you’ve got me curious just who this person is. Certainly a simple merchant has no retainers like this? I’ll tell you what. Lead me to this mistress of yours, and I’ll agree not to kill her.”
“It seems I have no choice, do I? Fine then, she right through that door. But if you lay a hand on her, I’ll personally gut you.” Her tone is venomous.
“Ah, I’d look forward to it. And kid,” she turns to you, “be a dear and get Mima. She’ll probably be just as interested in this as I am.” She waves you away, and you depart with a nod. Leaving the caravan, you find that most of the band is still standing there, though Marisa’s group had gone to the front of the train to deal with matters there.
“Oh? Back already then? Where’s Parsee?” Mima greets you rather cheerfully. You briefly explain about the encounter with the woman and Parsee’s interest in the mistress. “well, that has got me interested. Onward then, lead the way.”
Again through the carriages, to the one the woman indicated. This one is fully furnished, including a bed. On top of the bed is who you can only assume is the mistress referred to. She looks young and obviously oriental. You know enough to guess that her flowing silk robes, long black hair, and regal manner easily mark her as nobility. Next to her, looking very frightened, is a girl in a formal suit and a short skirt. You might hazard a guess that this was another of her servants. Parsee, meanwhile, is standing behind the first servant with a dagger still at her throat. “Ah, Mima,” Parsee says as you enter. “It’s a great catch, isn’t it? I say we ransom her. There’s bound to be somebody who’s willing to pay quite a bit for her.”

[] Agree
[] Object
>> No. 4486
[x] Don't say a thing. Stay neutral.

Meh.
>> No. 4489
[x] "Too risky & complicated. She's looks a foreign national, so the army could get involved. Easier money as I see it is for her to hire us as an escort-entourage. Those hired guns were trash, and her singular vassal obviously proved insufficient. Think about it: Staying on the move, exotic people, foods, places, pleasant conversation I'm sure." Motion towards the Princess. "On top of it we'd be downright respectable without givin' up the firearms & freewheelin'. Think about it, from bandits to knights in leather chaps! And the others back at the hideout are good with domestic work anyway."
[x] "Jesus Parsee do you really have keep terrifying that girl? She's probably just the translator or somethin'."
>> No. 4496
>>4489

I'll climb aboard your crazy train.

Too bad it won't work, but at least Mima will be impressed by our pluck and creativity. Staying silent doesn't win us nothing.

[x] "Too risky & complicated. She's looks a foreign national, so the army could get involved. Easier money as I see it is for her to hire us as an escort-entourage. Those hired guns were trash, and her singular vassal obviously proved insufficient. Think about it: Staying on the move, exotic people, foods, places, pleasant conversation I'm sure." Motion towards the Princess. "On top of it we'd be downright respectable without givin' up the firearms & freewheelin'. Think about it, from bandits to knights in leather chaps! And the others back at the hideout are good with domestic work anyway."
[x] "Jesus Parsee do you really have keep terrifying that girl? She's probably just the translator or somethin'."
>> No. 4498
[x] "Too risky & complicated. She's looks a foreign national, so the army could get involved. Easier money as I see it is for her to hire us as an escort-entourage. Those hired guns were trash, and her singular vassal obviously proved insufficient. Think about it: Staying on the move, exotic people, foods, places, pleasant conversation I'm sure." Motion towards the Princess. "On top of it we'd be downright respectable without givin' up the firearms & freewheelin'. Think about it, from bandits to knights in leather chaps! And the others back at the hideout are good with domestic work anyway."
[x] "Jesus Parsee do you really have keep terrifying that girl? She's probably just the translator or somethin'."
>> No. 4499
[x] "Too risky & complicated. She's looks a foreign national, so the army could get involved. Easier money as I see it is for her to hire us as an escort-entourage. Those hired guns were trash, and her singular vassal obviously proved insufficient. Think about it: Staying on the move, exotic people, foods, places, pleasant conversation I'm sure." Motion towards the Princess. "On top of it we'd be downright respectable without givin' up the firearms & freewheelin'. Think about it, from bandits to knights in leather chaps! And the others back at the hideout are good with domestic work anyway."
[x] "Jesus Parsee do you really have keep terrifying that girl? She's probably just the translator or somethin'."
>> No. 4502
[X] "Too risky & complicated. She's looks a foreign national, so the army could get involved. Easier money as I see it is for her to hire us as an escort-entourage. Those hired guns were trash, and her singular vassal obviously proved insufficient. Think about it: Staying on the move, exotic people, foods, places, pleasant conversation I'm sure." Motion towards the Princess. "On top of it we'd be downright respectable without givin' up the firearms & freewheelin'. Think about it, from bandits to knights in leather chaps! And the others back at the hideout are good with domestic work anyway."
[X] "...'nd Jesus, Parsee, do you really have keep terrifying that poor woman? She's probably just the translator or somethin'."

Me like.
>> No. 4505
Minor edits.

[x] Speak up. "Actually, boss... I've got an idea, if'n you're willing to listen."
[x] "Ransom seems too risky an' complicated: She looks to be a foreign national, so the army could get involved. Easier money --as I see it-- is for her to hire us as an escort-entourage. Those hired guns were trash, and her servant lady didn't quite protect her."
[x] Turn to Eirin momentarily. "'Least, inside, beggin' yer pardon, lady. I'm thinkin' she could've put an arrow through anyone's eye if she wanted, back outside."
[x] Turn back to the other two. "Think about it, though: Staying on the move, exotic people n' places and food n' whatnot... pleasant conversation, too, I'm sure." Motion towards the Princess. "On top of it, we'd be downright respectable without givin' up the firearms & freewheelin'. Think about it, from bandits to knights in leather chaps! And the others back at the hideout are good with domestic work anyway."
[x] "I know, not what Mima's Merry Marauders normally does, right? But still, it's all the nice things we're after, sweet living, and we get paid to do it. Maybe it's one'a the pesky law-abidin' bones still stuck in me, but it's a right sweet deal, to my mind. Whatcha think, boss?"
[x] --Short pause--
[x] "...'nd Jesus, Parsee, do you really have keep terrifying that poor woman? She's probably just the translator or somethin'."
[x] "Well, a translator with a knife and a dead shot with a bow, but I think she understands we don't --well, I don't, at any rate-- mean her nor the Princess any harm."
>> No. 4520
>>4505
tl;dr, wouldn't vote that way.
>> No. 4526
[x] Speak up. "Actually, boss... I've got an idea, if'n you're willing to listen."
[x] "Ransom seems too risky an' complicated: She looks to be a foreign national, so the army could get involved. Easier money --as I see it-- is for her to hire us as an escort-entourage. Those hired guns were trash, and her servant lady didn't quite protect her."
[x] Turn to Eirin momentarily. "'Least, inside, beggin' yer pardon, lady. I'm thinkin' she could've put an arrow through anyone's eye if she wanted, back outside."
[x] Turn back to the other two. "Think about it, though: Staying on the move, exotic people n' places and food n' whatnot... pleasant conversation, too, I'm sure." Motion towards the Princess. "On top of it, we'd be downright respectable without givin' up the firearms & freewheelin'. Think about it, from bandits to knights in leather chaps! And the others back at the hideout are good with domestic work anyway."
[x] "I know, not what Mima's Merry Marauders normally does, right? But still, it's all the nice things we're after, sweet living, and we get paid to do it. Maybe it's one'a the pesky law-abidin' bones still stuck in me, but it's a right sweet deal, to my mind. Whatcha think, boss?"
[x] --Short pause--
[x] "...'nd Jesus, Parsee, do you really have keep terrifying that poor woman? She's probably just the translator or somethin'."
[x] "Well, a translator with a knife and a dead shot with a bow, but I think she understands we don't --well, I don't, at any rate-- mean her nor the Princess any harm."

What the fuck.
>> No. 4527
>>4505
That write-in is too long, and smacks of the reader trying to railroad the story. Not good.
>> No. 4531
>>4527
Railroad? Fuck no. That was not nearly my intention.

You really think so, though? Does that go for the older, unmodified one, too?
>> No. 4533
>>4532
Well, shit.
Disregard >>4505 and change it to the original.

Guess they ain't always a success, huh?
>> No. 4534
>>4533

It's all good. The writeins for this story have been awesome so far. I know it can't be one dude that writes all of them, so high-fives to everyone. Great writeins and a great writer that adapts to them. A bully effort all around.
>> No. 4540
Well whatever, guys.

We know Kaguya's town-bound anyway, so the setting doesn't have to change. And while the boss has to stay in hiding with Kaguya, you and the others can be her eyes and ears in the town. Moreso, you can go to Reimu & apologize for being late, saying you rode out to escort the caravan.

Since the only "outlaws" in town will be Mima's, you don't have to worry about actual confrontations with them in your role as deputy. You'll not only gain fame among the townsfolk as an effective lawman, you'll quickly become Mima's most valuable agent.

It's perfect. Mima said she saw something special in you. This'll prove her right.
>> No. 4542
>>4540

The Mokou x Kaguya interaction when we stable the caravan's horses will be delicious.
>> No. 4546
>>4542
Oh fuuuuuuuuuck.

I hadn't even thought of that.
>> No. 4564
>>4546

Kaguya steps languidly out of the stagecoach, squinting her brown eyes under the bright noon sun, but when she reaches her hand out for the footman, she instead finds a dirty-faced girl with long white hair and shocked red eyes.

The realization dawns upon them both slowly but steadily and inexorably. The princess' eyes twinkle darkly, and she brings up a fan in her other hand to hide her Cheshire grin. Mokou's normal amiable smirk is gone and stops masticating the piece of straw in her mouth, till it finally falls out of her mouth. Kaguya starts giggling audibly and Mokou frowns, then rising to hysterical lung-hurting, laughter with Mokou's now crimson face contorted into a deep scowl.

Kaguya finally catches her breath long enough to speak to the stable-girl, still sputtering and trembling with rage below; however, instead of rolling off the appropriate insult, she can only yelp in surprise when her still dangling palm is taken in Mokou's left hand, and her upper arm in Mokou's right. She then finds herself being thrown over Mokou's shoulders, clearing a good three or four feet to land in a pile of horse manure. She doesn't move immediately and as her eyes, skin, and nose are blinded by noxious sensations, she can only make out noises at her back, Mokou's labored breathing, tut-tutting from Eirin, and a low whistle coming from that ambitious young cowboy.
>> No. 4585
UPDATE
>> No. 4599
[x] "Too risky & complicated. She's looks a foreign national, so the army could get involved. Easier money as I see it is for her to hire us as an escort-entourage. Those hired guns were trash, and her singular vassal obviously proved insufficient. Think about it: Staying on the move, exotic people, foods, places, pleasant conversation I'm sure." Motion towards the Princess. "On top of it we'd be downright respectable without givin' up the firearms & freewheelin'. Think about it, from bandits to knights in leather chaps! And the others back at the hideout are good with domestic work anyway."
[x] "Jesus Parsee do you really have keep terrifying that girl? She's probably just the translator or somethin'."

Parsee looks from you to the girl in the skirt, then back. “Wasn’t me frightening her, she’s doing it on her own. And if you think I’m going to give up a hostage in this situation, you’re far too trusting. More time than you’d expect, I’d be dead the minute I lower this knife. As for your proposal, I’m against that, too. But it’s Mima who has the final say in these things.” Mima sighs and shakes her head. Her expression is apologetic.
“Kid, y’know, I love ya, but that just isn’t what we do. I can see what you’re getting at, and I’m sure it’s a fine prospect for some, but I just don’t think that’s what’s best for us. I’m sure the rest would say the same thing. Though I do agree with you that taking her as a ransom isn’t a good idea. Much too complicated for me. In fact, I’d assure her protection at least from here to the town, if not for the fact that we’re mostly the only ones she’d need protecting from. O’course, I’ve got no say in what you do. But if you’re going to side with those people, I’ll have to ask you to step over there.” She nods toward the two girls on the bed. You can’t tell if she’s being serious or not, but you don’t move. Nonetheless, Mima pauses for a second before continuing. “In any case, I’ll leave this find to you two. I need to supervise the acquisition of the goods. And the kid’s right, stop terrifying that girl.” She waves to Parsee as she leaves. Parsee makes a sound of disapproval, but releases her hold on the woman.
“I’m being kind, but don’t think you can take any liberties. One suspicious move and I’ll kill the lot of you. Just a warning.” Keeping her back to the wall, she backs away from the captives and sits in a corner, her kris still in hand. You’re still standing beside the doorway. You…

[] Check on the front of the caravan
[] Sit with Parsee
[] Calm the girl down
[] Speak with the noble lady
[] Speak with the archer woman
>> No. 4600
[x] Sit with Parsee
[x] Speak with the noble lady

Give me plot info, moon princess.
>> No. 4601
>>4564
Fucking awesome, and well-written.

>>4599
You're not going to start using the pasted vote to get out of writing half the dialogue again, are you? That's a cop-out. No slipping back into old habits, now...
>> No. 4603
>>4601

I've never written the dialogue given in a vote. I find it redundant.
>> No. 4606
[x] Sit with Parsee
[x] Speak to the archer woman: "So, are you her translator? Or just a servant or something?"
[x] Speak to both of them: "...Come to that, who are you folks, anyway?"
>> No. 4607
>>4603
Sure you did, last thread. It was a pleasant change from before.

And it's hardly redundant. It helps give a more realistic feel if you describe how he says it, as he says it, and what motivates him to say it, and/or what he's thinking as he says it.

Same goes with actions taken.
>> No. 4686
[x] Sit with Parsee
[x] Speak to the archer woman: "So, are you her translator? Or just a servant or something?"
[x] Speak to both of them: "...Come to that, who are you folks, anyway?"
>> No. 4712
>“I’m being kind, but don’t think you can take any liberties. One suspicious move and I’ll kill the lot of you. Just a warning.” Keeping her back to the wall, she backs away from the captives and sits in a corner, her kris still in hand. You’re still standing beside the doorway. You…

[x] Speak to the archer woman: "So, are you her translator? Or just a servant or something?"
[x] Speak to the archer woman: "Could you calm that girl down, please? She's making me nervous."
[x] Speak with the noble lady: "As representative of Mima's gang, I apologize for inconveniencing the Lady. Our intentions as I had mentioned to your servant are only to procure the consumables bound for the town, not your valuables or persons, and we will see that you get to town safely."
[x] Speak with the noble lady: "Oh, before you consider reporting us to the local law enforcement, I should tell you that I am a sheriff's deputy. Folks traveling in secrecy like yourself should appreciate the need for subtlety & discretion."

Get this into the open now. If Parsee finds out on her own, she'll kill you before you can try to explain yourself.

Besides, you're the only one who can escort them all the way into town, and you'll be able to make up an alibi over the loss of the goods.
>> No. 4716
[+] Sit with Parsee
[+] Speak with the noble lady
>> No. 4718
[x] Speak to the archer woman: "So, are you her translator? Or just a servant or something?"
[x] Speak to the archer woman: "Could you calm that girl down, please? She's making me nervous."
[x] Speak with the noble lady: "As representative of Mima's gang, I apologize for inconveniencing the Lady. Our intentions as I had mentioned to your servant are only to procure the consumables bound for the town, not your valuables or persons, and we will see that you get to town safely."
[x] Speak with the noble lady: "Oh, before you consider reporting us to the local law enforcement, I should tell you that I am a sheriff's deputy. Folks traveling in secrecy like yourself should appreciate the need for subtlety & discretion."

Given options make us look pretty derp in front of Kaguya, after that sales pitch we just whiffed. And because Parsee will be floored and Mima will be impressed.

Also, being in town's more fun than being stuck in a cave.
>> No. 4719
[x] Speak to the archer woman: "So, are you her translator? Or just a servant or something?"
[x] Speak to the archer woman: "Could you calm that girl down, please? She's making me nervous."
[x] Genuflect.
[x] Speak with the noble lady: "As representative of Mima's gang, I apologize for inconveniencing the Lady. Our intentions as I had mentioned to your servant are only to procure the consumables bound for the town, not your valuables or persons, and we will see that you get to town safely."
[x] Speak with the noble lady: "Oh, before you consider reporting us to the local law enforcement, I should tell you that I am a sheriff's deputy. Folks traveling in secrecy like yourself should appreciate the need for subtlety & discretion."

It's proper to [x] Genuflect in front of royalty.
>> No. 4803
update
>> No. 4860
up-the-fuck-date already, DX!
>> No. 4913
I really like this Parsee: Pissed off, but pragmatic.

Also, moar.
>> No. 4975
Deus Ex, update already, you lazy nigger.
>> No. 5142
shame this was abandoned
>> No. 5160
File 121910141566.jpg - (62.39KB , 600x600 , 57f672dd1c0a80d299bd5051bc5dc4ea3c5e48a9.jpg ) [iqdb]
5160
Abandoned? Nay, I'm just a lazy nigger, like >>4975 said. Though I'm hoping that with this I can get back to my regular schedule.
----------------------------------------
[x] Speak to the archer woman: "So, are you her translator? Or just a servant or something?"
[x] Speak to the archer woman: "Could you calm that girl down, please? She's making me nervous."
[x] Speak with the noble lady: "As representative of Mima's gang, I apologize for inconveniencing the Lady. Our intentions as I had mentioned to your servant are only to procure the consumables bound for the town, not your valuables or persons, and we will see that you get to town safely."
[x] Speak with the noble lady: "Oh, before you consider reporting us to the local law enforcement, I should tell you that I am a sheriff's deputy. Folks traveling in secrecy like yourself should appreciate the need for subtlety & discretion."

It’s better to talk with the hostages. It allows them to feel more at ease, breaking the barrier between captor and captive. You first turn toward the silver-haired woman who had fought against Parsee. As you speak, Parsee looks at you sharply, but says nothing. "So, are you her translator? Or just a servant or something?" The woman turns to look at you. However, it is the noble lady who answers, her tone melodious and with just a hint of a foreign accent.
“These women are simply my vassals. I need no translator, as you can see.” That makes communication much easier. Directing your attention to the lady, you notice the girl beside her, still shaking slightly in fear.
“Also,” you continue, still talking to the archer woman, “Could you calm that girl down, please? She's making me nervous.” She sighs and walks over to the girl. A warm expression on her face, she attempts to comfort the poor girl, patting her on the shoulder and whispering calming words. It seems to work, and the girl gradually stops shaking. While the woman is busy, you direct the next statement at the noble lady herself. You may as well set the situation straight. "As representative of Mima's gang, I apologize for inconveniencing the Lady. Our intentions as I had mentioned to your servant are only to procure the consumables bound for the town, not your valuables or persons, and we will see that you get to town safely." The lady responds with a slightly disdainful look.
“If my memory serves me, you are the thing we would need protection from the most on this road. As for your apology, I accept it. What you do with the merchant carts has no bearing on me, in any case. Take whatever you wish, I care not.” However, you still have your suspicions. Surely she wouldn’t just let you leave? You decide to make sure.
"Oh, before you consider reporting us to the local law enforcement, I should tell you that I am a sheriff's deputy. Folks traveling in secrecy like yourself should appreciate the need for subtlety & discretion." The princess blinks, surprised. However, a response does come from behind you.
“What did you just say?” Parsee stands suddenly, her voice cold. Her eyes as she looks at you are the same as on the day you arrived. “Is that true?” You nod, a feeling of foreboding gripping you. “And… did you really just say that in front of me?” Her tone is now one of deathly calm. Both her knives are out. One she points at you, the other she waves toward the hostages. “Over there. With the hostages.”
“But-”
“Don’t speak. Just move. Now.” You have no choice but to follow her orders. Walking in the direction indicated, you take a position next to the silver-haired archer. She looks surprised by this turn of events, but says nothing. This is a bad situation you’re in. You…

[] Try to reason with Parsee
[] Wait for Mima to come, she’ll sort everything out.
>> No. 5184
[x] Wait for Mima to come, she’ll sort everything out.

Well shucks there goes impressing Mima. Or maybe she already knew.
>> No. 5187
[X] Wait for Mima to come, she’ll sort everything out.

I think Westernonymous is a pretty cool guy, eh thinks he's above the law and doesn't afraid of anything.
>> No. 5192
[X] Wait for Mima to come, she’ll sort everything out.
>> No. 5198
[X] Wait for Mima to come, she’ll sort everything out.
[X] Start telling the Lady & her entourage about the people and sights to see in town.

very nonchalantly

pissan off parsee gaems
>> No. 5199
[+] "Put the pig-sticker down, missy. Mima knows. She was there."
>> No. 5201
>Speak with the noble lady: "Oh, before you consider reporting us to the local law enforcement, I should tell you that I am a sheriff's deputy. Folks traveling in secrecy like yourself should appreciate the need for subtlety & discretion."
I can't believe this actually won. You are some stupid motherfuckers.
>> No. 5203
>>5201

It'll work out for the best. You'll see.
>> No. 5206
[X] Wait for Mima to come, she’ll sort everything out.
[X] Start telling the Lady & her entourage about the people and sights to see in town.
>> No. 5207
[X] Wait for Mima to come, she’ll sort everything out.
[X] Start telling the Lady & her entourage about the people and sights to see in town.

Jealousy moe~
>> No. 5210
>>5201
I know what you mean. Blew my mind when I read the update. Hopefully WesternAnon can spin some bullshit about being a triple agent or just using his former occupation as an attempt to avoid being caught.

[x] Wait for Mima to come, she’ll sort everything out.
>> No. 5211
>>5160
>As you speak, Parsee looks at you sharply, but says nothing.
...It occurs to me that a Parsee route would have to have absolutely zero deviation from the target.
>> No. 5212
[x] Try to reason with Parsee, but out of sight of the others.
[x] "...So you know, I only took the job because nothing better had come along. But then Mima DID come along, and I took the better opportunity."

I don't know if this'll help, what with Reisen (or was it Tewi?)'s ears and superior hearing...
>> No. 5213
>>5211
No worries there--for me, anyway. I've never had problems staying on target.
>> No. 5218
>>5211
>...It occurs to me that a Parsee route would be filled with angry make-up sex.

fixed

[X] Wait for Mima to come, she’ll sort everything out.
[X] Start telling the Lady & her entourage about the people and sights to see in town.

Awesome
>> No. 5229
[x] Wait for Mima to come, she’ll sort everything out.
[x] Start telling the Lady & her entourage about the people and sights to see in town.

Wandbagoning. I wanna to see how this turns out.
>> No. 5307
Update, you lazy nigger.
>> No. 5314
>>5218
>>...It occurs to me that a Parsee route would be filled with angry sex. With knives, and Parsee isn't using them.

Fixed once again.
>> No. 5315
>>5314

I don't know what that means, but it sounds hot.
>> No. 5373
>Though I'm hoping that with this I can get back to my regular schedule.

(╬ ಠ益ಠ)
>> No. 5436
7 minutes
>> No. 5506
[X] Wait for Mima to come, she’ll sort everything out.
[X] Start telling the Lady & her entourage about the people and sights to see in town.

This is a difficult situation, but you feel you can trust Mima to help you. She’ll be able to talk sense into Parsee, you’re sure of it. But until then, you need to put up with Parsee staring daggers at you. Her gaze doesn’t shift from you even slightly, and you must admit she’s making you feel very awkward. Trying to throw off the feeling, you distract yourself by attempting to strike up conversation with the others. Turning to the other captives, you say, “Since you’re going to the town, do you have any questions? I only stayed there for a small time, but I’ll try to answer as best I can.” At the mention of the town, you can almost feel Parsee stiffen, but still, she says nothing. The noble lady seems not to notice, instead looks at you with mild interest.
“I have heard that there is a large manor in the town. Is this true?” Her tone is disaffected, as though she speaks only to pass the time. However, it contains an almost entrancing beauty, so that you feel that even her cursing would fall pleasantly on your ears.
“Ah, yes, though I’ve never been there myself.”
“Hmm… I see.” She falls into a thoughtful silence.
“Do you have any other questions?” you ask, trying to keep conversation going; Parsee is looking at you with a sharper gaze than ever. The lady again seems to be oblivious.
“Oh, none at all. I won’t be staying for long anyway. Just passing through.”
“Well, where are you heading?” The lady’s disdainful attitude returns.
“I am not at liberty to give such information to a common man like you.” Now you both fall silent, and remain so until Mima arrives.
She strides in the door, looking accomplished. “Alright, everything’s ready to go. The horses are packed, now all we need is to-” she stops, noticing the position you’re in. Turning to Parsee, she demands, “What now, Parsee?” Parsee responds with a glare.
“You said he was alright, didn’t you? I disagreed, I warned you about him. And here I find myself justified. He just happened to let slip that he’s the sheriff’s deputy. That sheriff’s deputy. He-” This time, it’s Mima who cuts Parsee off.
“I know that.” Parsee’s speech stops immediately, and she can only stare in blank incomprehension. Finally, she manages a response.
“Y-you knew?” she stammers, shock giving way to anger. “You knew, and you still let him in?” She looks murderous, as though she’d like nothing more than to kill you both. Mima, however, stays calm.
“It’s-”
“Your intuition again? Mima, you can’t always trust that These days, nobody looks out for anyone but themselves, and you can’t trust a person farther than you can get a clean shot at them. Even in this band, some people would sell you out for a dime. Not everyone is as trustworthy as you think they are, Mima, and you more than any of us should know that. And yet you let in, of all people, that girl’s deputy?” Mima stands unflinchingly under Parsee’s outpouring of emotion. “So, what do you have to say in his defense?”
“I, personally, think we should ask him that.”
A cold gaze and an encouraging one are turned towards you as you’re unexpectedly put on the spot.

[] Freewrite
>> No. 5520
[x] "I suppose I could've just shot Mima in the back as she lead me to hideout entrance, and then just gathered a posse to bring you all in, which I imagine would seal my career and gain me no small amount of fame in these parts. But I didn't. The reason for that is because I put my faith in Mima, hoping that there existed such a thing as an honorable bandit. And I saw today that I was right. Now as to whether I can be trusted after 'betraying' my employer, as far as I'm concerned the presence of Mima's gang is actually a boon for the town, as its presence prevents other, potentially much more destructive outlaw gangs from establishing themselves in the region. Framing it this way, there's no conflict of interest.
"You said that some in this gang would sell Mima out for a dime, didn't you? You think that's good thing, Parsee? Barely surviving--the constant fear of being back-stabbed over table scraps? Mima made a smart investment in me; my dual role would allow me to move about in town freely, while being able to alert Mima to local news the and Sheriff's movements. What's more is that I'd be able to put down any unwanted outlaws in the down proper, where they're normally beyond your reach. And because I have ties in town, I can't easily betray you without revealing that I'm part of your gang."
>> No. 5521
[x] "Hey Parsee. Go climb a wall of dicks."
>> No. 5534
[x] "I suppose I could've just shot Mima in the back as she lead me to hideout entrance, and then just gathered a posse to bring you all in, which I imagine would seal my career and gain me no small amount of fame in these parts. But I didn't. The reason for that is because I put my faith in Mima, hoping that there existed such a thing as an honorable bandit. And I saw today that I was right. Now as to whether I can be trusted after 'betraying' my employer, as far as I'm concerned the presence of Mima's gang is actually a boon for the town, as its presence prevents other, potentially much more destructive outlaw gangs from establishing themselves in the region. Framing it this way, there's no conflict of interest.
"You said that some in this gang would sell Mima out for a dime, didn't you? You think that's good thing, Parsee? Barely surviving--the constant fear of being back-stabbed over table scraps? Mima made a smart investment in me; my dual role would allow me to move about in town freely, while being able to alert Mima to local news the and Sheriff's movements. What's more is that I'd be able to put down any unwanted outlaws in the down proper, where they're normally beyond your reach. And because I have ties in town, I can't easily betray you without revealing that I'm part of your gang."
>> No. 5537
[x] "I reckon' that while everything I say to others is going to be taken at face value, I'm going to go and 'let slip' that I suffer from a rare disease. Angry women within twenty feet of me must sleep with me, or they mysteriously keel over at dawn."

Why launch into a dialogue? Mima believes us, and Parsee is more fun when she doesn't trust us.
>> No. 5540
The xbox hueg write-in, but heavily modified.

[x] Speak to Parsee: "I suppose I could've just shot Mima in the back as she lead me to the hideout entrance, and then I could've just gathered a posse to bring you all in, gaining me no small amount of fame and monetary reward for your bounties. But I didn't. The reason for that is because I was willing to trust Mima, on the hope that there was such a thing as an honorable bandit. I saw today that I was right, and now Mima returns that given trust to me. I suppose I made another gamble just now by putting trust in you, Parsee, to not kill me where I stand when I said that. You might see this as reckless, but that's because you're stuck in a mindset of only trying to survive. See, in order to truly live a free life, you have to kill yourself, Parsee; the part of you that's saying 'this man can't be trusted', the part that's wondering where your next meal will be, the part that's wondering if you can the close distance and cut me down in the split-second it would take me to draw my revolver." Draw your revolver on her. "See? See how useless and self-defeating it is? That voice of survival causes only hesitation." Holster your revolver. "And it will kill you if you let it, so you have to kill that part of yourself before it kills you. Only then will you truly be able to live. So, Parsee are you going to trust the voice that's lead you to sleep with one eye open, in fear of being backstabbed by your fellows for table scraps, or are you going to trust Mima and myself?"
[x] Speak to Mima: "As far as I'm concerned the presence of the gang is a boon for the town, as its presence prevents other, potentially much more destructive outlaw gangs from establishing themselves in the region. Framing it this way, there's no conflict of interest here, right?"

This is an opportunity, not only to convince Parsee, but to impress Mima with our judgment & insight and Kaguya with our wordplay & Akagi-esque fearlessness.
>> No. 5542
[x] Speak to Parsee: "I suppose I could've just shot Mima in the back as she lead me to the hideout entrance, and then I could've just gathered a posse to bring you all in, gaining me no small amount of fame and monetary reward for your bounties. But I didn't. The reason for that is because I was willing to trust Mima, on the hope that there was such a thing as an honorable bandit. I saw today that I was right, and now Mima returns that given trust to me. I suppose I made another gamble just now by putting trust in you, Parsee, to not kill me where I stand when I said that. You might see this as reckless, but that's because you're stuck in a mindset of only trying to survive. See, in order to truly live a free life, you have to kill yourself, Parsee; the part of you that's saying 'this man can't be trusted', the part that's wondering where your next meal will be, the part that's wondering if you can the close distance and cut me down in the split-second it would take me to draw my revolver." Draw your revolver on her. "See? See how useless and self-defeating it is? That voice of survival causes only hesitation." Holster your revolver. "And it will kill you if you let it, so you have to kill that part of yourself before it kills you. Only then will you truly be able to live. So, Parsee are you going to trust the voice that's lead you to sleep with one eye open, in fear of being backstabbed by your fellows for table scraps, or are you going to trust Mima and myself?"
[x] Speak to Mima: "As far as I'm concerned the presence of the gang is a boon for the town, as its presence prevents other, potentially much more destructive outlaw gangs from establishing themselves in the region. Framing it this way, there's no conflict of interest here, right?"
>> No. 5545
>>5542

Cease your heretical ramblings and update, Inquisitor!
>> No. 5546
[x] Speak to Parsee: "I suppose I could've just shot Mima in the back as she lead me to the hideout entrance, and then I could've just gathered a posse to bring you all in, gaining me no small amount of fame and monetary reward for your bounties. But I didn't. The reason for that is because I was willing to trust Mima, on the hope that there was such a thing as an honorable bandit. I saw today that I was right, and now Mima returns that given trust to me. I suppose I made another gamble just now by putting trust in you, Parsee, to not kill me where I stand when I said that. You might see this as reckless, but that's because you're stuck in a mindset of only trying to survive. See, in order to truly live a free life, you have to kill yourself, Parsee; the part of you that's saying 'this man can't be trusted', the part that's wondering where your next meal will be, the part that's wondering if you can the close distance and cut me down in the split-second it would take me to draw my revolver." Draw your revolver on her. "See? See how useless and self-defeating it is? That voice of survival causes only hesitation." Holster your revolver. "And it will kill you if you let it, so you have to kill that part of yourself before it kills you. Only then will you truly be able to live. So, Parsee are you going to trust the voice that's lead you to sleep with one eye open, in fear of being backstabbed by your fellows for table scraps, or are you going to trust Mima and myself?"
[x] Speak to Mima: "As far as I'm concerned the presence of the gang is a boon for the town, as its presence prevents other, potentially much more destructive outlaw gangs from establishing themselves in the region. Framing it this way, there's no conflict of interest here, right?"
>> No. 5550
[x] "I suppose I could've just shot Mima in the back as she lead me to hideout entrance, and then just gathered a posse to bring you all in, which I imagine would seal my career and gain me no small amount of fame in these parts. But I didn't. The reason for that is because I put my faith in Mima, hoping that there existed such a thing as an honorable bandit. And I saw today that I was right. Now as to whether I can be trusted after 'betraying' my employer, as far as I'm concerned the presence of Mima's gang is actually a boon for the town, as its presence prevents other, potentially much more destructive outlaw gangs from establishing themselves in the region. Framing it this way, there's no conflict of interest.
"You said that some in this gang would sell Mima out for a dime, didn't you? You think that's good thing, Parsee? Barely surviving--the constant fear of being back-stabbed over table scraps? Mima made a smart investment in me; my dual role would allow me to move about in town freely, while being able to alert Mima to local news and the Sheriff's movements. What's more is that I'd be able to put down any unwanted outlaws in the town proper, where they're normally beyond your reach. And because I have ties in town, I can't easily betray you without revealing that I'm part of your gang."

Not choosing the other one because it sounds a bit too preachy. Plus, I doubt we'd actually be able to draw on Parsee without her getting a knife on us, so it feels like an inappropriate attempt at railroading other characters' actions.

>>4603
>I've never written the dialogue given in a vote. I find it redundant.
With write-ins like these, I'm bloody thankful of that.
>> No. 5551
>>5550
>I doubt we'd actually be able to draw on Parsee without her getting a knife on us

This kind of thinking is exactly what the write-in addresses: If you start breaking here, you'll be dashed on the rocks below the cliffside instead of making it to the water.

Even if Parsee physically could run us through in that time, she'll be paralyzed by cognitive dissonance. This is because drawing a gun on her with intention of killing her with Mima present is to her a ridiculous proposition--utterly inconceivable to the mindset of someone who is just trying to survive.

And any writefag worth his salt will interrupt a monologue where appropriate if it goes on too long, but he's the one that makes that call.
>> No. 5558
DX, could you try and separate when Person A talks, and then there's a sentence about Person B, but still on the same line as Person A?
Like you did here:
>“Well, where are you heading?” The lady’s disdainful attitude returns.
and here:
>“I know that.” Parsee’s speech stops immediately, and she can only stare in blank incomprehension. Finally, she manages a response.

>>5520
I so fucking wish I could add something good to this like I usually do to OWT write-ins, but I've got nothing.

[x] Long and perfectly awesome write-in.
>> No. 5563
>>5558
Let me clarify.

[x] THIS write-in: >>5534 (the non-cheesy, non-preachy original.)

We are not fucking Akagi. Besides, Parsee'll likely just say "...I didn't even understand fucking half of that, but it sounded like you were talking ugly at me."
And then she stabs us in the knee.
>> No. 5577
>And then she stabs us in the knee.

And that's why we love her.
>> No. 5624
>>5563
>And then she stabs us in the knee.

It's because she loves us.
>> No. 5654
>>5551
Move along, evangelist.
>> No. 5682
>>5577
>>5624

Happy couples always smile.
>> No. 5717
File 121962271393.jpg - (45.59KB , 359x540 , 121908853880.jpg ) [iqdb]
5717
>>5558
I was thinking about that, but I had always done it that way, and so I figured I'd keep at it for continuity's sake.
---------------------------------------
[x] "I suppose I could've just shot Mima in the back as she lead me to the hideout entrance, and then just gathered a posse to bring you all in, which I imagine would seal my career and gain me no small amount of fame in these parts. But I didn't. The reason for that is because I put my faith in Mima, hoping that there existed such a thing as an honorable bandit. And I saw today that I was right. Now as to whether I can be trusted after 'betraying' my employer, as far as I'm concerned the presence of Mima's gang is actually a boon for the town, as its presence prevents other, potentially much more destructive outlaw gangs from establishing themselves in the region. Framing it this way, there's no conflict of interest.
"You said that some in this gang would sell Mima out for a dime, didn't you? You think that's good thing, Parsee? Barely surviving--the constant fear of being back-stabbed over table scraps? Mima made a smart investment in me; my dual role would allow me to move about in town freely, while being able to alert Mima to local news and the Sheriff's movements. What's more is that I'd be able to put down any unwanted outlaws in the down proper, where they're normally beyond your reach. And because I have ties in town, I can't easily betray you without revealing that I'm part of your gang."

The two listen quietly as you speak. At the end, Mima gives a short nod, but Parsee still seems argumentative. “Dual role you say? Yet you’re still here. Then again, I’m not complaining. If you really are loyal to Mima first and foremost, then I think the less you have to do with that town and its sheriff, the better. You haven’t been here long, but I’ll tell you now, they’re not to be trusted.” Parsee turns away. “I want to believe in you boy, I really do. That alone is why I didn’t kill you the instant you spoke. Think of it as my gesture of goodwill. You’ve at least convinced me that you’re not out for Mima’s life. And…” her voice softens to be hardly audible, “you did save mine.” Despite herself, Parsee’s grip on her weapons relaxes again.
Mima, seeing this, steps forward. “Well, for now, this seems to be settled. In any case, I want to leave as soon as possible. Everyone else is ready, and it does no good hanging around. If you two lovers are finished arguing…”
Parsee is jerked out of her reverie at the comment. Her face, for the first time you’ve seen, grows crimson. “L-what? Did you just-” Parsee stammers incomprehensibly, but Mima just laughs as she leaves. Without Mima, Parsee rounds on you to vent her anger. “She said get moving, didn’t she?” Parsee steps up and nudges you toward the door with the hilt of her dagger.
“But what about-”
“Go.”
You know it’s not wise to argue, regardless of how mellow she is now compared to earlier. You take one last look at Parsee, still standing in the room, as you leave.
As you get to the horses, you notice that their saddlebags are indeed full of supplies. Mima seems overjoyed. “This should last a good while. Yuugi’s definitely satisfied,” she was telling another of the male bandits. She turns to shout in Yuugi’s direction, “Yuugi! A feast tonight!”
Yuugi laughs and calls back, “You always say that! If we had a feast every time you wanted one, this wouldn’t last a fortnight!”
Mima sighs at this and looks back. Noticing you, she motions you over. “Here, kid, I’ve got something to talk to you about.” She waves the other guy away and draws closer to you, lowering her voice conspiratorially. “About what you said back there…”
“Oh, that? I just said-”
“I know what you said, I was there at the time. What I’m asking about is specifically the talk about going back to the town. I wanted to ask you, do you really want to? Not to back out of the group, but as you said, just to gather news and such. I didn’t exactly think about that when I brought you in, but as I said before, I try not to govern people’s actions too much. It’s your choice.”

[] Go back to town.
[] No, you can’t.
>> No. 5722
>“Dual role you say? Yet you’re still here. Then again, I’m not complaining. If you really are loyal to Mima first and foremost, then I think the less you have to do with that town and its sheriff, the better. You haven’t been here long, but I’ll tell you now, they’re not to be trusted.”

Jealousy ℳℴℯ

[x] Go back to town.

We'll escort the caravan into town ourselves (minus the guards of course) and make up some bullshit story for Reimu, while Mima and the rest go back to her hideout. Then we'll just return to the hideout at nightfall.
>> No. 5723
>[] No, you can’t.

What and miss out on the fireworks when Kaguya meets Mokou?

[x] Go back to town.
>> No. 5724
[x] Go back to town.

I'd say that we can make up some BS for Reimu...except that we pretty much blew any chances of that away by blurting out all sorts of crap in front of Eirin and crew. But hell, I still want to take a little trip back. We'll just have to try and stay low.
>> No. 5725
>>5724
>except that we pretty much blew any chances of that away by blurting out all sorts of crap in front of Eirin and crew.

The entire point of revealing that to them is so they don't make a scene when they see Westernonymous walking around town with a badge.

They have no reason to do something to draw attention to themselves, we haven't touched their belongings, and Parsee's in there with them right now threatening all kinds of hell if they squeal.
>> No. 5728
>“Well, for now, this seems to be settled. In any case, I want to leave as soon as possible. Everyone else is ready, and it does no good hanging around. If you two lovers are finished arguing…”
>Parsee is jerked out of her reverie at the comment. Her face, for the first time you’ve seen, grows crimson. “L-what? Did you just-” Parsee stammers incomprehensibly, but Mima just laughs as she leaves.

So ℳℴℯ.

Parsee route confirmed. We must break her outer shell of crazy and jealously and harvest the inner dere.

And jealousy.
>> No. 5752
[X] Go back to town.

You nod in agreement. After causing the caravan so much trouble, it would be the least you could do to offer an escort back to town. Even more than that, though, you’ve been thinking about the people back at town, particularly Reimu and Mokou. You can only hope they’ll not react too badly to your sudden reappearance. “Alright, then. I’ll accompany the caravan back to town and see how they’re doing. If all goes well, I’ll be back within a day or so.”
Mima gives you a nod and a pat on the back. “Good luck kid, and be safe. That’s all the advice I can give you, and the best advice there is to give.” She grips you shoulder before turning around to face the bandit group at large. “Alright ya layabouts, we’re movin’ out!” She runs over to her horse and mounts it with a single motion, then brings it around and motions impatiently to the rest of the group. It is not until they mount the horses themselves that they notice you don’t seem to be coming along.
“What about the new guy?” one shouts.
“None of your business!” Mima shouts back in way of a reply, then spurs her horse into motion. It seems to be a mark of what kind of a leader Mima is that the rest of them accept the answer in stride and ride off after her. This leaves you alone, with your horse and the caravan. You realize that your horse, too, has full saddlebags. No matter, there’s plenty more with the rest of the group. What remains now is to get to town. The disturbance is largely over, and the merchants seem to be content cursing in their cabins and counting their losses. You still have time to board the caravan, but leaving your horse behind would be a problem. You…

[] Trust your horse to follow the caravan, travel in the mercenary cabin
[] Trust your horse to follow the caravan, speak with the noble lady
[] Ride next to the caravan
>> No. 5761
[x] Ride next to the caravan

Escort duty.
>> No. 5763
[x] Ride next to the caravan

>>5725
>They have no reason to do something to draw attention to themselves, we haven't touched their belongings, and Parsee's in there with them right now threatening all kinds of hell if they squeal.
Except we did in fact raid their caravan and take their food, so ratting us out is a natural counter; also, Parsee's threats are of dubious value, since she only survived due to a terrain advantage and our help; and, Eirin and crew can inform on us shortly before they leave, or request the Sheriff not act immediately, thus screwing us over while giving them time to get away.
>> No. 5826
{X} Ride next to the caravan
>> No. 5872
>Except we did in fact raid their caravan and take their food, so ratting us out is a natural counter; also, Parsee's threats are of dubious value, since she only survived due to a terrain advantage and our help; and, Eirin and crew can inform on us shortly before they leave, or request the Sheriff not act immediately, thus screwing us over while giving them time to get away.

We only stole the supplies bound for the town. We didn't touch any of the Princess's belongings.

Again, they're not going to screw us over, as they have no reason to, and in fact they have every reason not to: First, they can't know if the sheriff herself is in on this, or if other deputies are, or if there are other gang members planted in town. Second, it's not just Parsee's knives they're threatened with, but the arms of the entire band; if two members beat Eirin, then she has no chance alone against the entire group. They plan on leaving soon but lost all their guards, so they won't want to make enemies of those who are (obviously) outside the reach of the local law.

Eirin isn't the kind of woman to take chances with the Princess' safety, which is why she so readily complied after we promised not to touch the Princess and why she tried to deter us from attacking in the first place.

Finally, the prospect of getting embroiled in a conflict between the law and a crime gang is not going to look appealing to people who are trying to maintain a low profile.
>> No. 5923
File 121981591889.jpg - (100.51KB , 800x948 , 91054a25839dfd387ff31540f8c9a9f8f6977ec8.jpg ) [iqdb]
5923
[X] Ride next to the caravan

Of course you ride beside the caravan. You shouldn’t leave your horse alone, and it would be awkward explaining to anyone who found you exactly why you were riding the vehicle you had just robbed. Here, you are at least less likely to be noticed. It’s slower than the last times you’ve traveled on account of the caravan, but you make good time. The sun, which was low in the sky when you rode out with Mima’s gang this morning, marks the time as an hour or two past noon once you near the town. In the distance, you can make out the sheriff and deputy waiting to greet the merchants.

[] Greet them
[] Avoid them
>> No. 5924
[x] Greet them
>> No. 6013
{X} Greet them
>> No. 6028
[x] Greet them

MOMENT OF TRUTH
>> No. 6038
[x] Greet them

Let's see if we can pull this off.
>> No. 6065
[X] Greet them

Howdy~
>> No. 6092
[X] Greet them

You decide that a direct approach is easier. You’re not supposed to have anything to hide, so you shouldn’t try to hide yourself. Reimu’s expression changes to one of surprise, and she moves to greet you. The diminutive deputy just sits there as always, staring interestedly at you.
“I didn’t expect to see you back here so soon,” Reimu says. To your relief, her tone is not suspicious. “How’d you come with this?” She motions to the caravan.
“Mima’s band held it up, of course,” you say solemnly. “I managed to come here under pretense, though.”
The caravan slows and comes to a stop. Reimu glances over at it. “Mima’s gang, eh? I have to say I didn’t expect you to just go off on your own like that.” Her gaze wanders over your shoulder and she shakes her head. “I’ll ask you more about this later. For now, I need to attend to these people. They’ll probably make me file all sorts of reports…” Reimu grumbles as she turns to meet the two merchants that already have disembarked and are walking toward her, looking irritated. Being one of the ones who assisted in the heist, you see no reason to stick around. Instead, going to the other side of the caravan, you see the lady you held hostage leaving discreetly with her two vassals. And, at the far end, you see another familiar figure. Mokou is there, petting the head of one of the horses. Mokou notices the lady approaching her and speaks.
“These do be mighty fine horses if I say so myself. They yours?”
The lady looks Mokou up and down, taking in the ragged and dirty clothes and the matted hair. Before speaking, she reaches into her robes and removes an ornately decorated fan. She opens it with a flick of her wrist and positions it in front of her face. “And you are?” Her voice has now lost any semblance of politeness, yet it still sounds oddly pleasant.
“M’name’s Mokou, Miss. I tend to the stables in this town.”
“Ah… so you are the stable boy?”
Mokou looks slightly indignant. “With all respect, Miss, I am a girl.”
“So I see. Now, where is this mansion I’ve heard so much about?”
“Ah- the big house? What business ya got there?”
“It should be of no concern to you. But you obviously know where it is. Are you going to tell me?”
Mokou’s tone is wavering now. “Sure thing, it’s right down that road, and… well, that’s an odd sight isn’t it? You’ll be wantin’ her, she works there.”
Indeed, walking directly toward you is what looks like a maid. She stops right beside the surprised Mokou, and bows to the new arrivals. The lady nods, and they both set off back down the street, leaving Mokou thoroughly perplexed.
“An’ what in the name o’ the lord was that about? I swear that…” she only now catches sight of you, still standing there. “Ah, sir, you’re back? When? How? When you just up an’ disappeared like that, with yer horse gone an’ all, an’ Letty said you hadn’t checked out that mornin’…”
However, as she talks, the maid continues to lead that foreigner and her two servants away, toward where you know the mansion is.

[] Listen to Mokou
[] Follow the maid
>> No. 6094
[] Listen to Mokou

Mokou über alles.
>> No. 6109
[x] Listen to Mokou

Mokou~

Although the bit with Mokou flinging Kaguya into a pile of horseshit was amusing, I dind't see it here. Sad ;_;
>> No. 6156
[x] Listen to Mokou

>>5872
I was assuming Kaguya and crew had a relation to the caravan deeper than being mere tagalongs, in which case they'd have suffered material loss. And they don't have to worry about Mima's gang being a threat if they inform Reimu soon before they depart, and request she not act immediately. A gang crippled after a raid will have more urgent business to attend than trying to find and chase people long gone, assuming those who survived even retain the ability to do so.
>> No. 6159
>“M’name’s Mokou, Miss. I tend to the stables in this town.”
>“Ah… so you are the stable boy?”

I lol'd

[x] Listen to Mokou

Don't want to antagonize Kaguya any more than we already have. And besides, Mokou is a good source for news to relay back to Mima.
>> No. 6165
>>6156
>And they don't have to worry about Mima's gang being a threat if they inform Reimu soon before they depart, and request she not act immediately.

And what if the lawman doesn't want to wait? What if the lawman becomes suspicious over why she's traveling in secret and what her connections are with the SDM? These are needless complications that a smooth operator like Eirin would avoid. Again, the Lunarians gain nothing by drawing the sheriff's attention.

>A gang crippled after a raid will have more urgent business to attend than trying to find and chase people long gone, assuming those who survived even retain the ability to do so.

Seeing as how a single member of the gang took out half a dozen guards who were waiting in ambush, even had she known where Mima was camped, I doubt Reimu would be able to "cripple" Mima's gang even had she the funds to raise a posse of deputies. And where would she draw the men from? Everyone in the tavern was scared stiff when just Marisa alone walked in.
>> No. 6237
>>6165
If Reimu doesn't want to wait, then Eirin and crew simply have a little less distance between them and the town before the shit hits the fan. Don't know what you're on about regarding the SDM though.

Parsee took out nameless cannon fodder who are naturally inferior to anyone named. By the same token, Reimu could probably crush much of Mima's nameless gang with the same ease; beating down Marisa was simple for her. And who knows how much hax Suika retains from the original games.
>> No. 6323
[X] Listen to Mokou
>> No. 6404
update
>> No. 6473
I RECKON IT'S TIME FOR AN UPDATE
>> No. 6784
File 122049555751.jpg - (335.53KB , 1600x1200 , 898d64c1ea501fa2c1e35d52ba867c31.jpg ) [iqdb]
6784
[x] Listen to Mokou

Other things can wait, while Mokou doesn’t seem at all so inclined.
“An’ I went to Reimu’s ta see if she knew. But she jus’ told me not ta worry about it, and wouldn’t say a word more on the subject. But people could hardly fail ta notice that Mima was gone. Word’s been goin’ about tha’cha were in on it, but I didn’t believe ‘em. Or, I didn’t want ta. ‘s not true, is it? Ya weren’t, were ya?

[] Yes
[] No
[] Wait until you can talk to Reimu, tell them both.
Note that it may be wise to specify which information you withhold.
>> No. 6792
>Note that it may be wise to specify which information you withhold.

[x] "Naw, I didn't break her out. Did follow where she went though. 'S how I found the caravan here."

It's the truth.
>> No. 6796
[+] "Naw, I didn't break her out. Did follow where she went though."
No need to volunteer anything more than that at the moment.
>> No. 6800
[x] "Naw, I didn't break her out. Did follow where she went though."

Psh, naw.
>> No. 6810
[x] "Naw, I didn't break her out. Did follow where she went though."
>> No. 6813
[x] "Naw, I didn't break her out. Did follow where she went though."
>> No. 6970
update
>> No. 7257
dead?
>> No. 7269
[X] "Naw, I didn't break her out. Did follow where she went though."

Wo bist du?
>> No. 7284
>>7269
Germanfag? They do exist here as well? And I am not the only one?

Selfsage for offtopic.
>> No. 7326
>>7284
No, Amerikkkan who just happened to pick up a few phrases while living in Berlin as a kid with his military dad. Sorry for the false alarm.
>> No. 7421
File 12209406743.jpg - (667.05KB , 1000x1089 , cd971f6e5a010ef1722741f4a14ec15ad1f73e19.jpg ) [iqdb]
7421
[x] "Naw, I didn't break her out. Did follow where she went though."

Mokou’s eyes seem to sparkle. “So tha’s where ya went? Followed her to her own hideout, did ya? I expect ya hid outside, roughin’ it out, waitin’ to see what them bandits been up to? Or mabe ya went undercover-like, riskin’ yer life if ya got discovered, gettin’ information from th’ rogues themselves?”
“The latter,” you say, somewhat taken aback at Mokou’s reaction. It is, of course, the truth, albeit an overly-romanticized version. But who are you to complain? As far as you’re concerned, working with Parsee was tantamount to risking your life. Mokou, meanwhile, is practically glowing.
“Ah, sir, that’s downright amazin’! Doin’ all that, then jus’ comin’ back here without so much as bein’ the worse for wear… sir, you’re incredible!” You’re about to respond when another familiar voice cuts through the conversation.
“All right, I’ve got all those merchants sorted out. Hey, wayward deputy!” It’s Reimu, calling from behind you. “As I promised, it’s time for you to tell me what’s been going on. At my office, preferably. And Mokou, you can take his horse for him?” It wasn’t a question.
Mokou seems to have deflated somewhat at Reimu’s arrival, and only now does she seem to notice your equine companion. “Yes’m,” she respond levelly, hurriedly taking the reins from you. She bows low, then departs with your horse lazily following.
“Well, let’s go.” Reimu motions to you, starting off for her office. It’s only now that you realize just how close Mokou was to you…
Reimu sits down in her chair behind the desk, motioning for you to take the one on the opposite side. As soon as do so, she speaks.
“So, what’s Mima up to?”

[] freewrite
>> No. 7429
[x] "Well, she seems to have reclaimed control of her old band. It may be for the better as I've heard that Marisa had taken charge in her absence, her thrill seeking nature would no doubt lead to excess robbery had she fully seized control."
"Her band calls a cavern home. It's a fair walk into the hollowed out stable and then a nice twisty path to the actual hideout, obviously some nice choke-points for them to use should anyone find their place. Moreover, it would appear that many of her band are displaced veterans with military experience. I wouldn't recommend it, but if want to try and take the place, you're going to need to gather a militia and a fair amount of dynamite."
"It would appear that supplies have not been properly rationed in her absence, the hideout's single storeroom was under guard and many boxes were empty. That's likely why she decided to hit the caravan you saw us escorting into town. Today probably isn't the end of things either, as Mima was speaking of not being able to be picky when she selected that caravan. More supplies are likely needed to get out of the red, but now they at least have enough to stick to merchant caravans."
[x] "However, I didn't just come to give you your status report. I've been curious about something. Mima seems to be out to run her band as a group of noble thieves, if the words of her subordinates are to be believed. She seems to be quite conservative in comparison to some of the malcontents in her group, declaring that they shouldn't be taking more supplies than needed, escorting the caravans they've cleaned dry, and running off rival gangs that would do this area harm. This seems like quite a romantic view of things, so I was wondering if she was hiding something? What was she like when you locked her up?"

Well, if we're going to be making massive write-ins, we might as well find out more about Mima. She may have dodged our questions, but I'd imagine Reimu can fill us in.
>> No. 7447
[x] "Well, she seems to have reclaimed control of her old band. It may be for the better as I've heard that Marisa had taken charge in her absence, her thrill seeking nature would no doubt lead to excess robbery had she fully seized control."
"Her band calls a cavern home. It's a fair walk into the hollowed out stable and then a nice twisty path to the actual hideout, obviously some nice choke-points for them to use should anyone find their place. Moreover, it would appear that many of her band are displaced veterans with military experience. I wouldn't recommend it, but if want to try and take the place, you're going to need to gather a militia and a fair amount of dynamite."
"It would appear that supplies have not been properly rationed in her absence, the hideout's single storeroom was under guard and many boxes were empty. That's likely why she decided to hit the caravan you saw us escorting into town. Today probably isn't the end of things either, as Mima was speaking of not being able to be picky when she selected that caravan. More supplies are likely needed to get out of the red, but now they at least have enough to stick to merchant caravans."
[x] "However, I didn't just come to give you your status report. I've been curious about something. Mima seems to be out to run her band as a group of noble thieves, if the words of her subordinates are to be believed. She seems to be quite conservative in comparison to some of the malcontents in her group, declaring that they shouldn't be taking more supplies than needed, escorting the caravans they've cleaned dry, and running off rival gangs that would do this area harm. This seems like quite a romantic view of things, so I was wondering if she was hiding something? What was she like when you locked her up?"

Complete and exhaustive debriefing is complete and exhaustive.
>> No. 7475
I wonder: Are we going to be rejoining Mima's gang?

Do we still have that option even available to us? Parsee won't look at us with such trust in the future, maybe. If we're lucky, she'll have been thrown by Mima's words, and be thinking angrily yet longingly about us.
>> No. 7481
>>7475

Well yeah, after we've had our fun in town.

>“Alright, then. I’ll accompany the caravan back to town and see how they’re doing. If all goes well, I’ll be back within a day or so.”
>Mima gives you a nod and a pat on the back. “Good luck kid, and be safe. That’s all the advice I can give you, and the best advice there is to give.” She grips you shoulder before turning around to face the bandit group at large.

And Parsee route was already confirmed by Mima.

>Mima, seeing this, steps forward. “Well, for now, this seems to be settled. In any case, I want to leave as soon as possible. Everyone else is ready, and it does no good hanging around. If you two lovers are finished arguing…”
>Parsee is jerked out of her reverie at the comment. Her face, for the first time you’ve seen, grows crimson. “L-what? Did you just-” Parsee stammers incomprehensibly, but Mima just laughs as she leaves.
>> No. 7517
[x] "Well, she seems to have reclaimed control of her old band. It may be for the better as I've heard that Marisa had taken charge in her absence, her thrill seeking nature would no doubt lead to excess robbery had she fully seized control."
"Her band calls a cavern home. It's a fair walk into the hollowed out stable and then a nice twisty path to the actual hideout, obviously some nice choke-points for them to use should anyone find their place. Moreover, it would appear that many of her band are displaced veterans with military experience. I wouldn't recommend it, but if want to try and take the place, you're going to need to gather a militia and a fair amount of dynamite."
"It would appear that supplies have not been properly rationed in her absence, the hideout's single storeroom was under guard and many boxes were empty. That's likely why she decided to hit the caravan you saw us escorting into town. Today probably isn't the end of things either, as Mima was speaking of not being able to be picky when she selected that caravan. More supplies are likely needed to get out of the red, but now they at least have enough to stick to merchant caravans."
[x] "However, I didn't just come to give you your status report. I've been curious about something. Mima seems to be out to run her band as a group of noble thieves, if the words of her subordinates are to be believed. She seems to be quite conservative in comparison to some of the malcontents in her group, declaring that they shouldn't be taking more supplies than needed, escorting the caravans they've cleaned dry, and running off rival gangs that would do this area harm. This seems like quite a romantic view of things, so I was wondering if she was hiding something? What was she like when you locked her up?"

Update, damn you.
>> No. 7566
>>7517
I will, now that I have 3 votes. Also, I apologize for the fact that about 3/4 of the mass of this update is the writein.
-----------------------------------
[x] "Well, she seems to have reclaimed control of her old band. It may be for the better as I've heard that Marisa had taken charge in her absence, her thrill seeking nature would no doubt lead to excess robbery had she fully seized control."
"Her band calls a cavern home. It's a fair walk into the hollowed out stable and then a nice twisty path to the actual hideout, obviously some nice choke-points for them to use should anyone find their place. Moreover, it would appear that many of her band are displaced veterans with military experience. I wouldn't recommend it, but if want to try and take the place, you're going to need to gather a militia and a fair amount of dynamite."
"It would appear that supplies have not been properly rationed in her absence, the hideout's single storeroom was under guard and many boxes were empty. That's likely why she decided to hit the caravan you saw us escorting into town. Today probably isn't the end of things either, as Mima was speaking of not being able to be picky when she selected that caravan. More supplies are likely needed to get out of the red, but now they at least have enough to stick to merchant caravans."
[x] "However, I didn't just come to give you your status report. I've been curious about something. Mima seems to be out to run her band as a group of noble thieves, if the words of her subordinates are to be believed. She seems to be quite conservative in comparison to some of the malcontents in her group, declaring that they shouldn't be taking more supplies than needed, escorting the caravans they've cleaned dry, and running off rival gangs that would do this area harm. This seems like quite a romantic view of things, so I was wondering if she was hiding something? What was she like when you locked her up?"

You lean back and start speaking. "Well, she seems to have reclaimed control of her old band. It may be for the better as I've heard that Marisa had taken charge in her absence, her thrill seeking nature would no doubt lead to excess robbery had she fully seized control."
Reimu nods. “I was beginning to worry about that, though of course I’d rather have no bandits than some, regardless of the leader. So then, what did you find by following her? We’ve never been able to discern where exactly she lives.”
"Her band calls a cavern home. It's a fair walk into the hollowed out stable and then a nice twisty path to the actual hideout, obviously some nice choke-points for them to use should anyone find their place. Moreover, it would appear that many of her band are displaced veterans with military experience. I wouldn't recommend it, but if want to try and take the place, you're going to need to gather a militia and a fair amount of dynamite."
Reimu again ponders the information. “A cave, huh? Well, you’re right in saying that it’d take considerable effort to force our way in. A direct assault probably wouldn’t be any good anyway, no matter where they are.” She shifts slightly in her chair, leaning forward. “So, you followed her to her hideout. What next?”
"It would appear that supplies have not been properly rationed in her absence, the hideout's single storeroom was under guard and many boxes were empty. That's likely why she decided to hit the caravan you saw us escorting into town. Today probably isn't the end of things either, as Mima was speaking of not being able to be picky when she selected that caravan. More supplies are likely needed to get out of the red, but now they at least have enough to stick to merchant caravans."
“Is that so?” Reimu leans back. “I don’t know how confident I can be about that. Caravans don’t come by here much, so if the bandits need food they’re likely to come here. Well, that’s a problem for another day. Is that all?”
You nod, but hold up a hand. "However, I didn't just come to give you your status report. I've been curious about something. Mima seems to be out to run her band as a group of noble thieves, if the words of her subordinates are to be believed. She seems to be quite conservative in comparison to some of the malcontents in her group, declaring that they shouldn't be taking more supplies than needed, escorting the caravans they've cleaned dry, and running off rival gangs that would do this area harm. This seems like quite a romantic view of things, so I was wondering if she was hiding something? What was she like when you locked her up?"
Reimu remains quiet for a while before answering. “Mima’s always been an enigmatic person, but I don’t know much about her. To me, a bandit’s a bandit, regardless of how noble they are. As for how she was like when I locked her up… well, she was furious. But as I said, I don’t know how she’s normally like, so I can’t say anything specific. Still, if you think you’re on to something, just tell me.” She nods, and you return the gesture. “Until next time,” she says as you rise. You acknowledge her goodbye with a wave and leave.

[] Saloon
[] Inn
[] Mansion
[] Other (specify)
>> No. 7567
Well that turned out pretty well.

[x] Saloon

Sup, Ran.

Wait, did Reimu ever give us a badge?

[x] Inventory
>> No. 7570
[x] Saloon
[x] Inventory

Can't wait to get back to Jealousy-tan~
>> No. 7571
[X] Mansion

New plot angles are go!

[X] Inventory

The old stand-by.
>> No. 7583
{X} Saloon
{X} Inventory

Parsee ;-;
>> No. 7586
[x] Inventory

money (some)
1 Schofield Model 3 Revolver (.45)
2 speedloaders
1 badge (not worn)
1 set of clothes (western)
1 hat
>> No. 7611
>>7586

[x] Equip badge
[x] Saloon
>> No. 7624
>>7611

Marisa has shown no qualms about wandering into town. You think wandering around with a sheriff's badge is a such a great idea?

[x] Saloon
>> No. 7635
>>7624

Yes? Because it's our job and Mima would've told Marisa about it anyway?
>> No. 7641
>>7635

What makes you think she'd tell anyone about it? Not everyone would take the news as well as her. I'd think she'd just leave it as is, and not risk upsetting the already less-than-content members.
>> No. 7644
[x] Saloon

Moseyin' along. I'd forgotten that Western Mokou was lurvely.
>> No. 7756
[x] Saloon
Stop not-updating, damn you.
>> No. 7828
[x] Inventory
[x] Saloon
>> No. 8243
File 122162951362.jpg - (428.83KB , 1600x1200 , 8de4029eea83116a75e5b0c7260a5e12904f2b88.jpg ) [iqdb]
8243
[x] Saloon

With your deputy business finished and with you having not eaten since morning, there’s only one place left to visit. You direct yourself toward the Border Saloon.
As you enter, you see it’s as crowded as usual. Those that notice you quickly turn away and whisper to the others at their table, who also steal glances at you. You guess Mokou was telling the truth when she said there were rumors. Unconcerned, you walk over to your usual seat at the bar and sit. Ran casually looks up from the glass she’s cleaning. “So, what’ll you have?”
“That’s a bit of a lackluster greeting, isn’t it?”
“I had a feeling that you’d be back soon, so I’m not surprised.”
“A feeling?”
“Just a feeling. Call it a woman’s intuition. It also tells me you probably haven’t had a proper meal since you left. Now, what’ll you have?”
“The roast, then.”
“The roast it is.” Ran places the clean glass on the counter, then reaches down and produces a bottle of amber liquid. She fills the glass with it then pushes it toward you. The food itself is soon to follow, and is ad delicious as you’ve ever had. You eat it gratefully. Ran looks at the other patrons, some of whom are still looking at you. “They really do need to learn manners. The way some people have talked about you, you’d think they actually had a clue about what happened.”
“And you?” you ask, somewhat hopefully.
“I don’t mind much either way. It’s Miss Yukari’s policy to serve anyone who wants a good meal. I also personally think you’re wise enough that whatever you may have done, it was with good reason. So I’m not going to ask you what happened, and I don’t think you’re too eager to go through long explanations again. Am I right?”
You nod, and Ran gives you a firm pat on the shoulder.
Once your meal’s finished, Ran clears away the plate.

[] Ask Ran something
[] Pay and Leave
>> No. 8245
[x] Ask Ran something

But I don't know what to talk about... All I know is Ran is lovely (not as much as Mokou, but still).
>> No. 8247
>>8243
[x] "Ah cayn't quit yew"
>> No. 8249
[x] Ask Ran something
[x] "The sheriff has said nothing regarding my predicament, correct?"
>> No. 8272
[x] Ask Ran something
[x] "You mind tellin' me what a few of those rumors you heard were though? They might not mean anything to you or the proprietor, but they might mean somethin' to me."
>> No. 8358
[x] Ask Ran something
[x] "You mind tellin' me what a few of those rumors you heard were though? They might not mean anything to you or the proprietor, but they might mean somethin' to me."

Ignorance is not bliss.
>> No. 8360
[X] Ask Ran something
[X] "You mind tellin' me what a few of those rumors you heard were, though? Always like to keep tabs on how my legend is growin'."
>> No. 8376
GATTAI DA

[x] "You mind tellin' me what a few of those rumors you heard were, though?"
[x] "I always like to keep tabs on how my legend is growin'."
[x] Crack a smile for a bit, then serious the fuck up.
[x] "They might not mean anything to you or the proprietor, but they might mean somethin' to me."
>> No. 8457
[x] "You mind tellin' me what a few of those rumors you heard were, though?"
[x] "I always like to keep tabs on how my legend is growin'."
[x] Crack a smile for a bit, then serious the fuck up.
[x] "They might not mean anything to you or the proprietor, but they might mean somethin' to me."
>> No. 8474
>>8360
[X] Crack a smile for a bit, then serious the fuck up.
[X] "They might not mean anything to you or the proprietor, but they might mean somethin' to me."

Addition'd.
>> No. 8670
[x] "You mind tellin' me what a few of those rumors you heard were, though?"
[x] "I always like to keep tabs on how my legend is growin'."
[x] Crack a smile for a bit, then serious the fuck up.
[x] "They might not mean anything to you or the proprietor, but they might mean somethin' to me."

Ah do loves me some OWT, ah do.
>> No. 8724
Updates?

Can't wait to get back to moe-moe Parsee.
>> No. 8776
[x] "You mind tellin' me what a few of those rumors you heard were, though?"
[x] "I always like to keep tabs on how my legend is growin'."
[x] Crack a smile for a bit, then serious the fuck up.
[x] "They might not mean anything to you or the proprietor, but they might mean somethin' to me."

Deus Ex, come back. ;_;
>> No. 8845
There have been delays. Update tomorrow, maybe.
>> No. 8862
>>8845

Hooray!
>> No. 9050
>>8845
Update you lovable alohanigger
>> No. 9395
Not dead.
---------------------------------
[x] "You mind tellin' me what a few of those rumors you heard were, though?"
[x] "I always like to keep tabs on how my legend is growin'."
[x] Crack a smile for a bit, then serious the fuck up.
[x] "They might not mean anything to you or the proprietor, but they might mean somethin' to me."

Ran looks hesitant. “Well, if you insist. There’s lots of things, like-” She’s cut off by a voice from behind you.
“Like him being a traitor? A liar, a scoundrel, a ne’er-do-well? That he was working for that Mima all along, and that his meeting with Marisa mere hours after arriving was more than simple coincidence? Some went so far as to suggest that he had used underhanded tactics to free him. There was evidence that he entered the sheriff’s office that night, he could easily have stolen the key. He had gained the sheriff’s trust, and was known throughout town as a rather friendly guy. Very interested in the people of this town. Perhaps too interested. Perhaps collecting information. Perhaps it was for Mima, who had been locked up for months. Perhaps it was information that Marisa, known as she is throughout town, wouldn’t be given? A slip of the tongue here, a small remark there… All behind our backs, without us knowing. That kind of stuff, right?”
Ran looks affronted. “You would know, wouldn’t you, considering you started all of those rumors?”
Looking back, you see the black-haired girl who had been in here a few days earlier, still with her notepad in one hand. She makes a hurt face. “Dear madam, you do me wrong! I only wished to speak the truth to my fellow man.”
“Who…” you begin, looking at her.
She finishes your sentence for you. “Am I? Aya, expert aspiring reporter, at your service.”
“What?”
“It means I’m an expert at aspiring to be a reporter.” She shrugs. “And you’re the man who people have been talking about. I’d love an interview. Just a short one. What was your name? John?”
“It’s-”
She cuts you off again, scribbling something on her pad. “Pleasure to meet you, John. Now then, let’s get down to business.”
Ran speaks up. “I really insist that you stop now, before you harm his reputation further than you already have done.”
“Ah, when have I ever lifted the pen to write slander? If I have ever given false witness in my journalism, then my name isn’t Ayane.”
“But your-”
“Me, me, this isn’t about me. It’s about him, and I’m trying to get to that.”
“Now then, John, what really happened that night? When you vanished, along with a notorious outlaw?” Her eyes gleam.

[] Tell her
[] Leave
>> No. 9396
cool crow bro

{X} Tell her to leave

lololol gattai
>> No. 9398
[X] Tell her to leave you alone.

Fuck off, birdbrain.
>> No. 9399
[x] Tell her to leave.

Noisy crow is noisy. I'd like to stick my pOnOs into her vagOO over and over if you get my drift.
>> No. 9402
[x] "First of all, it's libel not slander."
[x] "Second, my isn't John."
[x] "Third, I am not at liberty to discuss what affiliations I may or may not have to said gang of outlaws. The only thing I can tell you is to ask the sheriff 'bout it; she knows the whole story."

Sorry, Reimu, but as we're supposed to be undercover, we'll leave you to deal with this.
>> No. 9403
{X} Tell her to leave
>> No. 9409
>>9402
[x] "First of all, t'ain't slander, it's libel."
[x] "Second, my name ain't John."
[x] "Third, I'm not exactly feelin' too kind towards some chittering lady who comes up and asks me a ton 'a questions all quick as ya like."
[x] "Now howsabout we talk this over like plain folks? You slow down with the questions, and I'll give you some answers."
[x] " 'Cause otherwise, I ain't gonna say diddly, and you'll have this room full of people who been listenin', against your solitary word, which don't sound like it's got so good a name for itself, if'n you'll pardon my sayin' so."
>> No. 9410
Nice write-in
[Q] "First of all, it's libel not slander."
[Q] "Second, my name isn't John."
[Q] "Third, I am not at liberty to discuss what affiliations I may or may not have to said gang of outlaws. The only thing I can tell you is to ask the sheriff 'bout it; she knows the whole story."
>> No. 9493
>>9409

[x] "First of all, t'ain't slander, it's libel."
[x] "Second, my name ain't John."
[x] "Third, I'm not exactly feelin' too kind towards some chittering lady who comes up and asks me a ton 'a questions all quick as ya like."
[x] "Now howsabout we talk this over like plain folks? You slow down with the questions, and I'll give you some answers."

Last bit should kind of be implied.
>> No. 9496
>"Third, I am not at liberty to discuss what affiliations I may or may not have to said gang of outlaws. The only thing I can tell you is to ask the sheriff 'bout it; she knows the whole story."

What the fuck? We are not politicians. Jesus fucking Christ, people. Read what you vote for, for once.
>> No. 9497
[x] Suggest this story be named Elevation of the Mid-day Hour
>> No. 9840
[x] Tell her to leave.

You’re starting to get irritated from all of this. “I’m sorry, miss, but I’m going to have to ask you to leave me alone.”
Aya looks affronted. “I’m afraid I’ll have to-”
This time it’s Ran’s turn to cut her off. “What you’re going to have to do is leave.” The barlady’s glare is one that would make Stonewall Jackson himself beat a quick tactical retreat, and Aya takes an involuntary step backward.
“Well, I don’t think-”
“Good. It doesn’t suit you. Now, I’ll give you five seconds to leave before I forcibly remove you.”
“Now, hold on just a-”
“Four.”
Aya begins to get flustered. “It’s not your place to-”
“Three.”
“Alright, alright, I’m going.” Aya takes one look back at the door before setting off. People watch as she leaves, then look back to you and Ran before quietly returning to their drinks.
Ran heaves a sigh. “Sorry you had to deal with that.”
You shake your head. “No problem, and thank you for your help.”
“You’re very welcome. She’s hard to deal with if you don’t know how.”
You nod, then stifle a large yawn.
It’s late, you’re tired. You…

[ ] Leave for the inn
>> No. 9843
[x] Leave for the mansion.

With the hours Mima moves, who needs sleep?
>> No. 9849
[x] Leave for the inn

Check into the inn. When it gets dark enough, leave out the window to head to the hideout. Just make sure you're back before dawn.

Might be too much to do every day, but for at least this first day you'd do best to reassure Mima (and Parsee~♥) that everything has gone according to keikaku and that a posse isn't en route to attack them.
>> No. 9965
[x] Leave for the inn
>> No. 10090
[x] Leave for the inn

Let's head out. To the inn.
>> No. 10092
>>10090
>Let's head out. To the inn.

Shall we state our intended destination loudly, for all to hear?
>> No. 10104
>>10092
No, not at all. I just like making bad puns.
>> No. 10188
[x] Leave for the inn
>> No. 10261
[X] Leave for the mansion.

C'mon, guys, it's the only place we haven't been yet. What happened to that frontier spirit?

>>9497
You have mah shootin' iron.
>> No. 10268
>What happened to that frontier spirit?
She headed back to the hideout with the rest of her bandits, last I checked.
>> No. 10271
File 122401788244.jpg - (31.29KB , 452x340 , ohyou.jpg ) [iqdb]
10271
>>10268