[Return]
Archived thread

File 133312974724.jpg - (216.60KB , 900x900 , 5ac4edd3cd3536e941bfe376ece0580777dbb47d.jpg ) [iqdb]
42558 No. 42558
"Hey, Letty. Take it easy."

"Take it...! Easy? Noooo, Letty has to hide, Letty can't take it easy now...."

You pop a candy in her mouth, distracting her from her panicked rambling and settling her down in the same motion, as she savors the sweet treat not to be found in the wilderness.

"Good job, Chen." You say, petting her as she cleans her face. You take a moment to wipe the embarassment off of the Letty, too. It would be pretty weird if Lee caught sight of it.

"Chen smelled it. So Chen went and got it." She says, stretching lazily and shivering from the cold air. "To say sorry."

"For that? You have no idea how close I was to...."

"Hm...? ... It would have been fine. But Chen is ugly, so Chen understands not wanting to."

... You don't know that you would go as far as to call her ugly. Weirdly shaped, sure, but it isn't as though she's disgusting to look at.

"No, I meant... close to the other thing. But that's a concern too, I guess."

"...Aaah?" Chen says, wide and guile-less eyes almost managing to avoid giving away a tiny spark of mischief. "Should Chen have kept going, and not stopped?"

"No, it's... probably for the better that you didn't-"

Chen sneezes, and frowns.

"Hey! Hey, Mister! Give Letty another!" Letty says eagerly from your hand, having entirely forgotten her earlier suspicion and fear of you in the face of Delicious Candy.

"Maybe later." You say. "Why don't you tell me about your family, first?"

"... Chen didn't smell any others." Chen points out, but you listen anyway.

"Umm... others? Letty remembers. Letty's sisters... were eating too much of Letty's munch-munch. And Mommy and Daddy would keep getting angry when Letty took it back from them. And Letty was hungry. So, in the night, Letty ate Letty's sisters. They were delicious munch-munch!"

... She seems to almost be taking some sort of pride in fratricide and cannibalism. But her story isn't done yet.

"When Mommy and Daddy woke up, they didn't do hunt-hunt. They just kept looking everywhere for Letty's stupid sisters. And Letty was hungry again. But Letty got lucky, and Mister Tree dropped a branch on Mommy and Daddy. Mommy was squished right away, and Daddy was only really hurt. So Letty ate Mommy first, slowly. Mommy was tasty too~ Daddy kept yelling, but Letty was full and could wait to be hungry again. So Letty let Daddy yell, and get tired, and waited. Daddy was strong, though! Daddy died slowly. So Letty was already hungry again before Daddy gave up. And so Letty started eating. Daddy was the most delicious of all~"

... You stare a little blankly at the blob's sordid tale. She still seems as happy as when she started talking, and doesn't seem to comprehend that she might have done anything wrong at all.

"Hey, Mister. Letty is hungry, now. Give Letty another!" She demands.

---

6:50 AM

[ ] What do you do?

>> No. 42560
...

[x]Give Letty another piece of candy and ask if she's seen any Cirnos around(that she hasn't eaten yet). If she can help you find some, great, but either way let her go once you're done with her; she's a big eater and gleefully cannibalistic, far too much trouble to keep around.
>> No. 42561
[x] Well, it's utterly useless to you, but might be able to find somebody who'll pay for it. Keep it in the rabbit cage for now.
-[x] If it keeps making noise, threaten to crush it if it doesn't.
[x] See if Ancelin still has those darts stuck in her. You can probably sell them to some science-type. Or perhaps Rebecca's husband might find a use for them.
[X] Keep looking for a Cirno until it's time to head back.

I'd love to crush this one or let it go and die without parents, but that would be dumb if it turns out to be the only yukkuri we see out here.
>> No. 42563
[x] Ignore the blatantly cannibalistic yukkuri.
[x] See if any of the darts are still stuck in Ancelin.
-[x] Thank her for shielding you.
[x] Look around for any Cirnos.
[x] Help Lee as best as you can.

We crushed the Marisa way back in thread 2, and we already know that yukkuri with a taste for sweet paste never stop being cannibals. Have our guidelines of acceptance changed greatly enough that we would take this danger to our assets back home?

What if it goes after Shanghai?
>> No. 42564
[x] "Let's play a little game. I have a lot of candies, but you will only receive them if you stay quiet. The longer you stay quiet, the more you will receive. If you don't stay quiet, you won't eat anything anymore, and if you make a noise after being quite for a while, you will lose candies. If you don't behave obey me, you will become my candy and I will eat you, understood?"
[x] Pat Chen again.
-[x] "Chen is not ugly. You're different, but not ugly, at all. Chen is special, and much more awesome than the other Chens. You're bigger, stronger and faster than your siblings, and since you're still growing, you will become even better!"
-[x] "If you weren't cute or awesome, I would have stopped you earlier, when you were trying to help me. But I let you keep doing it Chen, and if I could, I would have probably indulged"
[x] See how Ancelin's doing. Remove the darts and collect a few of them.
[x] Ask the wolf about yukkuri, if she even pays them any mind.

This Letty is a problem. Better get rid of it as soon as it's first litter is born, unless we break it good.
>> No. 42565
[x]Just... give her another candy and tell her to leave since it was your last (lie). Even if she has seen anything around, they're probably too far from Lee to go and get.
-[x] If it try to ask to eat Chen, threaten to crush it if it doesn't leave.
[x] See if any of the darts are still stuck in Ancelin.
-[x] Thank her for shielding you.
-[x] You should probably wait to have gloves or pincer before trying to remove them if any are left. No sense getting poisoned again after all.
[x] Look around for any Cirnos with Chen's help, but don't go too far from Lee.

No way we're keeping her. Not only she's a threat to ours, the rest would react (rightfully) with panic and fight back too.
>> No. 42566
[x] Well, it's utterly useless to you, but might be able to find somebody who'll pay for it. Keep it in the rabbit cage for now.
-[x] If it keeps making noise, threaten to crush it if it doesn't.
[x] Does it know of any yukkuri nearby?
[x] See if Ancelin still has those darts stuck in her. You can probably sell them to some science-type. Or perhaps Rebecca's husband might find a use for them.
-[x] You should probably wait to have gloves or tweezers before trying to remove them if any are left. No sense getting poisoned again after all.
[X] Keep looking for a Cirno until it's time to head back.

Couldn't we just hold onto it in case we don't find anything else and let it go if/when we find something better? It's just a koyukkuri, we can keep it in the Jar. No real loss if it goes insane.
>> No. 42567
We can always put her in a jar and break her too: We only really need her to raise yukkuris and thats it.
>> No. 42568
>>42567
Why in the seven hells would we RAISE more of this useless subtype? We'd be lucky to find even one guy who wanted one.

And this is coming from >>42561, a guy who's considering bringing it back.
>> No. 42569
>>42568
Well one, they're rare. Two, That's one more type of yukkuri we can have. Three, It should be fairly easy to keep under control if we dont give it free roam around the house, which we dont really do with any other yukkuri. The only problem is maybe spending a few extra M's.
>> No. 42570
Aren't Lettys filled with ice-cream too? Might be better if we breed this one and then dispose of it.
>> No. 42571
[x] Does it know of any yukkuri nearby?
[x] Let it go when you're done.
[x] See if Ancelin still has those darts stuck in her. You can probably sell them to some science-type. Or perhaps Rebecca's husband might find a use for them.
-[x] You should probably wait to have gloves or tweezers before trying to remove them if any are left. No sense getting poisoned again after all.
[X] Keep looking for a Cirno until it's time to head back.
>> No. 42573
[x] Well, it's utterly useless to you, but might be able to find somebody who'll pay for it. Keep it in the rabbit cage for now.
-[x] If it keeps making noise, threaten to crush it if it doesn't.
[x] Time to improve Chen's self-steem.
-[x] "Chen is not ugly. You're different, but not ugly, at all. Chen is special, and much more awesome than the other Chens. You're bigger, stronger and faster than your siblings, and since you're still growing, you will become even better!"
-[x] "If you weren't cute or awesome, I would have stopped you earlier, when you were trying to help me. But I let you keep doing it Chen, and if I could, I would have probably indulged"
[x] See if any of the darts are still stuck in Ancelin.
-[x] Thank her for shielding you.
-[x] Keep a few ones as a memento of what almost oilled you for (real this time).
[x] Ask the wolf about yukkuri, if she even pays them any mind.

Yeah, breed the Letty and throw it away.
>> No. 42574
>>42570
I'm all aware it's not wise to put all our eggs in one basket(cafe), but we don't really have the time to set up an ice cream place too.

Also, we're already going to be tight with money after we're done getting everything needed for the cafe. I don't think we can even AFFORD to keep Lettys.
>> No. 42575
>>42574
One word: Rebecca.
>> No. 42576
>>42575
Suuuuure... With its attitude, it will insult her girls then ask to eat them since they're 'weird'.

She has no reason to do things for us. Giving her a problem-yukkuri isn,t going to make her like us more.
>> No. 42577
>>42576
I meant getting more money in case we need it, but arent we completely stacked right now? So whats it matter?
>> No. 42578
[x] Does it know of any yukkuri nearby?
[x] Let it go when it answers.
[x] See if Ancelin still has those darts stuck in her. You can probably sell them to some science-type. Or perhaps Rebecca's husband might find a use for them.
-[x] You should probably wait to have gloves or tweezers before trying to remove them if any are left. No sense getting poisoned again after all.
[X] Keep looking for a Cirno until it's time to head back.

This isn't Pokemon. We do not need to "catch 'em all."
>> No. 42579
>>42566 here, changed my vote to >>42578.

I thought the former would delete, but it won't, so I'm clarifying things.
>> No. 42580
I should note that the poison that is/was on the darts had effects aside from "lingering stiffness", so trying to give these to old folks as a substitute for actual "lingering stiffness" medications might end up killing them.

And this is, of course, assuming the fairly unlikely possibility that Ancelin hasn't already pulled the darts out herself, or that the toxin is still viable after drying out in the cold air.
>> No. 42581
[x] Does it know of any yukkuri nearby?
-[x] Keep it in the rabbit cage for now.
[x] See if Ancelin still has those darts stuck in her. You can probably sell them to some science-type. Or perhaps Rebecca's husband might find a use for them.
-[x] You should probably wait to have gloves or tweezers before trying to remove them if any are left. No sense getting poisoned again after all.
[x] Ask the wolf about yukkuri, if she even pays them any mind.
[X] Keep looking for a Cirno until it's time to head back.

There's not really a reason to get rid of the Letty right after we found it, especially if it might be the only yukkiri we find out here. If it starts to cause problems, we can always dispose of it later.
>> No. 42582
>>42580
Hmm, yeah. But Rebecca's husband probably has enough money for analysis of the compound.
>> No. 42585
>>42577
You're kidding, right? We'll need most of it to pay for the furniture we ordered, rent is at 250M per week and we need variety on the menu. We are NOT in any way in a situation that permit us to waste money.

At the very least, if we keep that friendship going nice and well and if Rebecca's situation doesn't change (who know what could happen in 3 months), we can probably ask (or beg) her to help us on the mafia issue if we fail to make enough money to pay back the debt. Of course, we would then be Rebecca's manservant instead of the mafia and we would be unable to refuse anything she may ask (so if she want to observe some 'situations'...), but it's probably a better situation.

But frankly, it's pretty bad and impolite to bring up money issues to rich people and expect them to help us if those issues aren't critical.
>> No. 42586
[x] Does it know of any yukkuri nearby?
-[x] Keep it in the rabbit cage for now.
[x] See if Ancelin still has those darts stuck in her. You can probably sell them to some science-type. Or perhaps Rebecca's husband might find a use for them.
[x] Try to improve Chen's self-steem.
[x] Ask the wolf about yukkuri, if she even pays them any mind.
[X] Keep looking for a Cirno until it's time to head back.
>> No. 42587
File 133314306398.jpg - (350.71KB , 960x668 , 905e1214c447ec2c5d3f527a9edfee0d1a0ca29a.jpg ) [iqdb]
42587
You are completely undecided as to what to do with this thing.

You could kill it or leave it to die, sure, but it could be worth money. And Chen did put in at least some effort finding it for you, so there's that... speaking of which.

"You're not ugly Chen." You say.

"Blechh..." Letty says, turning to look along with you and recoiling at the sight of her. "What's that thing, Mister? Can Letty eat it?"

"Chen will eat you first, if you try." Chen says dismissively. Letty doesn't seem fazed by the rebuttal at first, but she seems to reconsider when Chen pointedly licks at her claws.

Incidentally, they seem a lot sturdier and sharper than before. That aside, while Chen doesn't really seem disturbed by the Letty's blatant disgust, it doesn't seem like she's particularly reassured by your comments.

You decide to leave it to fate, and set the Letty on the ground before heading back towards the stuff. If she's still there when you return, so be it, she'll fit in a rabbit cage easily enough.

... or she can just hop along after you, demanding you give her another candy already. She could do that, too, you guess.

"You aren't ugly." You say again. "You're different. Special. If you were ugly, I could have stopped you, and if we'd been alone..."

Actually, the thought of making her stop hadn't really crossed your mind. The wolf laughs, though, as she bounds ahead, making a bee-line towards the spilled innards of the deer, sitting in an expanse of red snow. Lee has been pulling bits of wood out of his sack and assembling them into a small makeshift cart for a while now, it seems, as the corpses hung from a tree-branch, gravity dripping their fluids out through slit throats.

Letty goes into the rabbit cage, and you make a point of ignoring her as you set of again, making a wide circle around the camp. Whether her self-esteem is particularly high, given her unusual body shape, Chen is particularly good at hunting. But there's simply not a single yukkuri in the area to be smelled. Kind of a shame.

The darts came out of Ancelin at some point, too... probably back at the camp. Well, you can't really head that way again, and it was just a thought anyway.

You could probably trade with them directly for poison samples, though. But it would be risky. And you'd probably have to bring someone along that you wouldn't mind never seeing again.

.... when you get back, Lee has finished draining the blood and he's started slinging deer up onto the 'cart'. It creaks ominously, but holds together under the weight.

You had meant to ask the wolf questions, but it seems she's long gon. Plodding paw tracks lead back towards the forest, and the Deep Wood. No matter.

Chen, by now, is shivering from the chill and sneezes every so often. It looks like you couldn't really do any more hunting in the Tundra if you wanted to. The last deer goes on the cart, and Lee follows it up with his sack and your pack. You hesitate to add the caged Letty, still not completely certain about her.

"Ye'll have to be helpin' me pull, boy, figure we can make it a good couple hours of haulin' it 'fore we have to stop to take a break." Lee says.

.... Your shoulder groans wretchedly at you, in anticipation of the sort of heaving work involved, there. And if you have to stop for breaks, you won't be back to Lee's until... ten hours from now, instead of eight, he said? It would nearly be 5:30 in the afternoon by then...

Well, not to mention the still lingering issue, which you can't imagine would be comfortable with even just walking.

---

7:25 AM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 42588
[x] Have Ancelin help.
[x] Is there any way to protect Chen from the cold?
[x] Keep an eye/ear open, and Chen keep her nose open. Just in case.

This Chen is a hard one. Stuborn cat.
>> No. 42589
[x] Have Ancelin help.
[x] Is there any way to protect Chen from the cold?
[x] As for your issues, endure. It's not like you're assured it will go down even if you take care of it like the first time.

Not really the time to hunt for more yukkuris. Better get back as soon as we can.

And I hope Frank can find a buyer for the Letty. We can't really afford to feed a bunch of them, so breeding is a no. And considering how twisted she is, keeping her for long seems like a bad idea too. If Frank can't find a buyer for it after one-two day, I suggest we eat it.
>> No. 42590
[x] Have Ancelin help carry.
[x] Throw away the Letty.
[x] Is there any way to protect Chen from the cold?
[x] Keep an eye/ear open, and Chen keep her nose open. Just in case.

Welp, Letty's useless.
>> No. 42591
[x] Endure it.
[x] During the first break, take Chen off to the side.

I'd rather fuck Chen-A, but boosting a horrible mutant's self-esteem is an acceptable consolation prize.
>> No. 42592
[x] Have Ancelin help carry.
[x] Keep the Letty for now. She can be disposed of later if necessary.
[x] Is there any way to protect Chen from the cold?
[x] Keep an eye/ear open, and Chen keep her nose open. Just in case.
>> No. 42593
>>42591
And what shall be told to Lee to explain why you're moving away alone in a dangerous place with Chen?
>> No. 42594
>>42593
Does it matter? I'm not going to waste time thinking up an excuse for a vote that will never, ever win.
>> No. 42595
[x] Have Ancelin help carry.
[x] Keep the Letty for now. She can be disposed of later if necessary.
[x] Is there any way to protect Chen from the cold?
[x] Keep an eye/ear open, and Chen keep her nose open. Just in case.
[x] Ask Lee how much of a hidrance you were to him.
-[x] What exactly is his relationship with the wolf?

I'm really curious to how Lee met the wolf.
>> No. 42597
[x] Have Ancelin help carry.
[x] Endure. In enduring, grow strong.
>> No. 42598
[x] Have Ancelin help carry.
[x] Keep the Letty for now. She can be disposed of later if necessary.
[x] Is there any way to protect Chen from the cold?
[x] Keep an eye/ear open, and Chen keep her nose open. Just in case.
[x] Ask Lee how much of a hidrance you were to him.
-[x] What exactly is his relationship with the wolf?
[x] During the first break, take Chen off to the side.

Good stuff, and something that won't win but would be nice anyway.
>> No. 42599
[x] Have Ancelin help carry.
[x] Throw away the Letty.
[x] Is there any way to protect Chen from the cold?
[x] Keep an eye/ear open, and Chen keep her nose open. Just in case.

Seriously, bringing that wretched little sociopathic cannibal with us can only lead to horrible things happening. Don't do it.
>> No. 42600
[x] Have Ancelin help carry.
[x] Keep the Letty for now. She can be disposed of later if necessary.
-[x] You can kill and eat it later. It's filled with either Alaska cake or Ice cream. Yum.
[x] Is there any way to protect Chen from the cold?
-[x] Would Orange Juice help make Chen feel a little better?
[x] Keep an eye/ear open, and Chen keep her nose open. Just in case.
[x] Ask Lee how much of a hidrance you were to him.
-[x] What exactly is his relationship with the wolf?
[x] Do not leave the cart, it's too dangerous.
>> No. 42601
File 133315465995.jpg - (106.79KB , 500x500 , not related in any way.jpg ) [iqdb]
42601
"... I have a better idea." You say. "Ancelin, could you help with..."

Lee watches with a bit of mild distrust as she takes up the handle of the cart and pulls it with more or less absolutely no effort on her part involved. He takes a thoughtful swig from his flask.

"... Gon' need more whiskey." He notes, jadedly.

For Chen... at the moment there doesn't seem to be anything you can do except give her some of your body heat. Take your jacket off, and you're just going to get cold yourself, and she can't wear it properly anyway.

The weight of the cart and everything is no more trouble for Ancelin after you've clambered on and settled back to rest on the corpses, still a little warm, or at least not frozen-through yet, and gathered Chen up onto your lap.

Thankfully, while she ends up managing to be somehow pressed against you unfortunately as she slumps across you, she's more interested in being warm again than pressing the advantage of positioning. The shivers take a while to stop, and it's not long after they do that you're out of the Tundra area entirely.

Still, even as the Letty has begun to grumble a little about how hot it suddenly is, it doesn't seem like Chen do well with the cold at all, like you were told from the beginning. If she was covered with fur, that might be one thing, but almost completely nude of it as she is...

Well, if you want to go searching for yukkuri another time, the Tundra might be better avoided, with her. Kind of a long walk anyway, if you stick to the paths.

You keep a look out for anything, but don't see much aside from squirrels, and Chen smells several animals, but no yukkuri. It could be the overpowering smell of deer blood right next to you, though, but you aren't sure you would want to go too far off the path anyway, even if she did smell something from some distance off.

In any case, looks like there's a long time to go. You aren't sure whether you should try to make conversation with someone, or just take a nap and hopefully wake up without any pressing physical matters. You aren't used to getting up quite so early, and poison comas are surprisingly unrestful, after all.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 42602
[x] There shouldn't be a problem talking to Lee now.
-[x] Ask how much of a hidrance you were to him.
-[x] What exactly is his relationship with the wolf?
-[x] Does he go hunting often?
-[x] The kid people talked about on the chat is the same one who was killed by the fairies in the forest?
-[x] Ask about other regions he hunts in. What are they like, and what animals/creatures lives there, for example.
>> No. 42603
[x] There shouldn't be a problem talking to Lee now.
-[x] Ask how much of a hidrance you were to him.
-[x] What exactly is his relationship with the wolf?
-[x] Does he go hunting often?
-[x] The kid people talked about on the chat is the same one who was killed by the fairies in the forest?
-[x] Ask about other regions he hunts in. What are they like, and what animals/creatures lives there, for example.
>> No. 42604
[x] There shouldn't be a problem talking to Lee now.
-[x] Hopefully you weren't much of a hindrance to him.
-[x] Can he tell you more about the giant talking wolf?
-[x] Ask what other regions he hunts in.
-[x] Would he happen to be interested in supplying your business with the various kinds of meats he brings in?
[x] Keep an eye out with Chen for yukkuri.
>> No. 42605
[x] There shouldn't be a problem talking to Lee now.
-[x] Hopefully you weren't much of a hindrance to him.
-[x] Can he tell you more about the giant talking wolf?
-[x] Ask what other regions he hunts in.
-[x] Would he happen to be interested in selling the various kinds of meats he brings in?

I'm going to guess he isn't too interested in selling his meat, especially in a regular arrangement. But it can't hurt to ask.
>> No. 42606
[x] There shouldn't be a problem talking to Lee now.
-[x] Ask how much of a hidrance you were to him.
-[x] What exactly is his relationship with the wolf?
-[x] Does he go hunting often?
-[x] The kid people talked about on the chat is the same one who was killed by the fairies in the forest?
-[x] Ask about other regions he hunts in. What are they like, and what animals/creatures lives there, for example.
[x] Keep hugging and petting Chen.
>> No. 42607
File 133316193835.gif - (34.36KB , 483x482 , won't happen if lee can help it.gif ) [iqdb]
42607
Probably not for the best to sleep just yet. Even lying still, Chen seems much more awake and aware now that she's out of the cold and not shivering. She doesn't show any immediate inclination to get off you, though.

Well, that's fine. You're still tired even if you aren't going to go to sleep. And she can sniff things out as well from your lap as walking beside the cart, you guess.

"So... did I slow you down too much?"

"... Still 'live. Din't shoot off your own foot. Shot a deer. Did a sight better'n some." Lee says, grudgingly. "Could'a been better, 'course."

"... Heh. That other guy, the one they talked about on the computer. Those little girls in the forest got him?"

Lee spits off the side of the path.

"Damn fool." He grumbles. "Told him not t'go off the path, not to pay no mind to nothin' he saw. Couldn't go one. Bleedin'. Minute. First'n we crossed, din't need t' say nothin'. Jest spread legs'n smile. Din't s'much as blink, he'd dropped his gun, halfway there, goin' at his belt."

Lee takes a sip of whiskey.

"Empty headed little shit. Prob'ly for the best he ain't gon' be makin' more empty headed little shits." he says conversationally.

It sours your mood for conversation for a bit, but after a while the silence gets to you and you speak up again.

"That wolf... you've known her long?"

"... Aye. Bitch as she is. First time, stole a kill, jes' jumped in laughin' an' ran off wi't. Next time, reloaded fast 'nough t' put a round of buckshot in 'er ass, made her think twice 'bout it. Been thornin' up my side ever since." He says. "Damn thing keeps showin' up, too. Don't rightly know which's worst off, when she decides I'm lookin tastier'n norm t'day, when jest demand's toll, or when she gets th' heat in 'er, an' ends in a long sprint out th' woods, since round o' buckshot right 'tween the eyes ain't gonna slow her down none, she's in that kind'a mood."

.... That's a little more about their relationship than you expected to learn.

"An' well... sides the whole matter'f her bein' a fleabit wolf, can't say as I'm rightly happy 'bout the thought of a croppa her runnin' 'bout in miniature. She ain't caught me yet though. Fates be kind, she ain't gonna."

"... Okay." You say, a little weakly. "So... you hunt often?"

"Times more. Times less. Garden got made a mess of this year, so looks t' be more on the heavier side." Lee says. "But get this lot smoked'n jerked, she'll last a fair while, added on what I already got. Don't buy much, nor sell, but got a deal with a feller. Swap me pound for pound, bullets for 'bout any kind o' meat. Most part, all as I need."

"So you hunt in other places too, and not just tundra?"

"Well, aye. Ye'll find other deer, an' boar o' course. Buffalo an' bison wanderin' round. Ye go t' the desert or hotter grasslands, might be as y' find zebra time to time, and zebra'll make a mighty fine jerky." Lee says. "Gators from the swamp'll be a little tricky, near no point t'most lizards nor snakes. Lion'll be best 'voided, an' wolves. Meat ain't hardly no good, an' ye shoot one the whole pack'll be after ye. Bear, though. Do bear right, mighty tasty meat. 'Course, bear ain't 'tall easy t' bring down, and th' damn things'll hold a grudge for round 'bouts forever. Catch so much's a whiff of ye, drop everything t'go an' run ye off."

"I see."

"Well, 'course, I'm thinkin' your askin' most bout them varmints." He says, waving a hand disinterestedly at them. "Couldn't say much, 'fraid. Don't general pay'm no mind. Less'n looks like they plan on makin' a heap o' noise, runnin' the hunt of, which case has to go give'm a good stompin' 'fore anything can get goin'. Breeds an' what, though, wouldn't know one from t'other."

The chat settles down into silence again... This trail is a long one. Looking at the sun, you guess you might be around halfway there, though you don't really know the area? In any case, Chen hasn't really noticed anything except something that she thought smelled a little like a Reisen, but turned out to be just a normal rabbit, after a glance at the bushes to the sides of the road. Lee dismissed it as not being worth wasting a shell on right now.

Letty is sulking at the heat, and at being ignored, though after one failed attempt at biting at Chen's tails through her cage, you've taken care to have them well away. You don't really think she can get through, or that the tails can accidentally wind in, but better not to risk it.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 42608
[x] Abot the shotgun, what precautions should you have? Besides not shooting yourself or the wrong person, of course. Stuff like maintence and keeping it good.
-[x] Maybe how to properly use it too, all you know about weapons comes from action movies, wasn't it?
[x] Does Lee go to the city often?
[x] Would he mind if you tagged along again, some other time?
[x] Give Letty a small candy again. Let her know that you are her boss now.
[x] Rest/sleep. If Chen smells anything interessting, she canw ake you up.
>> No. 42609
[x] Abot the shotgun, what precautions should you have? Besides not shooting yourself or the wrong person, of course. Stuff like maintence and keeping it good.
-[x] Maybe how to properly use it too, all you know about weapons comes from action movies, wasn't it?
[x] Does Lee go to the city often?
[x] Would he mind if you tagged along again, some other time?
[x] Give Letty a small candy again. Let her know that you are her boss now.
[x] Rest/sleep. If Chen smells anything interessting, she canw ake you up.
>> No. 42610
[x] Abot the shotgun, what precautions should you have? Besides not shooting yourself or the wrong person, of course. Stuff like maintence and keeping it good.
-[x] Maybe how to properly use it too, all you know about weapons comes from action movies, wasn't it?
[x] Would he mind if you tagged along again, some other time?
[x] Give Letty a small candy again. Let her know that you are her boss now.
[x] Rape Pet the maid. She saved your life after all.
[x] Rest/sleep. If Chen smells anything interessting, she canw ake you up.
>> No. 42612
[x] About the shotgun, what precautions should you take? Besides not shooting yourself or the wrong person, of course. Stuff like maintenance and keeping it good.
-[x] Maybe how to properly use it too.
[x] Would he mind if you tagged along again, some other time?
[x] Don't give Letty anything. If she starts getting unruly, shake the cage.
[x] Is he planning on you keep the cage? If not, put Letty in a jacket pocket
[x] Rest/sleep. If Chen smells anything interesting, she or perhaps Lee can wake you up.

So I guess it's down to advertising for Cirnos, then.
>> No. 42613
[x] About the shotgun, what precautions should you take? Besides not shooting yourself or the wrong person, of course. Stuff like maintenance and keeping it good.
-[x] Maybe how to properly use it too.
[x] Does Lee go to the city often?
[x] Would he mind if you tagged along again, some other time?
[x] Don't give Letty anything. If she starts getting unruly, shake the cage.
[x] Is he planning on you keep the cage? If not, put Letty in a jacket pocket
[x] Rest/sleep. If Chen smells anything interesting, she or perhaps Lee can wake you up.
>> No. 42614
>>42611 here, fixed some errors still there in said post.

[x] About the shotgun, what precautions should you take? Besides not shooting yourself or the wrong person, of course. Stuff like maintenance.
-[x] Maybe how to properly use it too.
[x] Would he mind if you tagged along again, some other time?
[x] Don't give Letty anything. If she starts getting unruly, shake the cage.
[x] Is he planning on letting you keep the cage? If not, put Letty in a jacket pocket.
[x] Rest/sleep. If Chen smells anything interesting, she or perhaps Lee can wake you up.

So many spelling and grammar errors in the original vote...
>> No. 42615
Putting something squishy in your clothes, then going to sleep isn't the best way to keep it intact. Not that I'd care if Letty got squished.

[x] About the shotgun, what precautions should you take? Besides not shooting yourself or the wrong person, of course. Stuff like maintenance.
-[x] Maybe how to properly use it too.
[x] Would he mind if you tagged along again, some other time?
[x] Give Letty a candy. If she starts getting unruly, shake the cage.
[x] Is he planning on letting you keep the cage? If not, put Letty in a jacket pocket once you get where you're going.
[x] Rest/sleep. If Chen smells anything interesting, she or perhaps Lee can wake you up.
>> No. 42616
File 133316515810.jpg - (33.64KB , 600x513 , 8bb8ae545509a2e50b60811c74964269.jpg ) [iqdb]
42616
"About the gun... are there any things I should know? Besides just not shooting haphazardly, or anything."

"Well, as heard, ye just wanted her for th' cockin' and intimidation. But you'll be wantin' a kit, an' gun oil... eh, ain't like it's mentioned in our 'greement, but I'll throw a bit on th' pile. Should have a l'il flip book with th' pictures of how 'bouts to go cleanin' and whatnot, too. You'll want t' clean her regular, 'course, special if ye've done any shootin'."

That's actually a pretty great inclusion, at this point.

"And how to use it properly... besides just pointing and pulling the trigger?"

"H'well, there's a sorta proper grip to it, y'want t'shoot standin'. Ain't too hard t' get right, mind. Sides that, only thing what'll help is shootin'. Lots o' shootin'."

Well, you guess practice is fairly obvious...

"Go into the city proper, much?"

"Nah. Can't stand all th' damn people ev'where." Lee says. ... it could be worse, you think. Population is still very low for a city of its size, after all. "Summat breaks, or need to pick up 'nother crate o' whiskey from the supply, I'll head in, sell some jerked stock. Elsewise, don't hardly see no need."

"... Not terribly social, then."

"Nope."

You think for a minute before speaking again.

"... Would you mind, much, if I tagged along on another trip sometime?" You ask.

Lee lets a short bark of laughter loose.

"... Welp. That do be something I ain't hearin' much. Most folk, one trip through thicker places, where suchlike gets less an' less t'as they 'spect? More'n 'nough, an' ain't a drop o' waitin' t'tell so."

"Was that a yes or no?" You ask pointedly. You're surprised to realize you're actually a little interested. Sure, at first it was just a thing that had to be done, but you started to enjoy the trip at some point. Bizarre giant talking wolves, poison, and still lingering irritantions not really slowing down your enjoyment, and adding a tiny thrill of excitement of their own.

"... Aye, more regular second'd be a thing." Lee says, musingly. "A'ight. Y' come 'long on a hunt, less we got's some other 'greement goin', y'keep what ye shoot, after's been cured."

.... Well, it's a fair offer. Somehow you doubt you'll shoot much of anything the first few times, of course, but it's not like you could ask him to give up something he killed, because you happened to be tagging along.

... You don't give Letty any more Candy. But you don't shake the cage, either. For now, you just ignore her, and as the conversation dwindles, drift off into a nap.

.

When you wake, it's at Lee's house, as he heaves a large crate out and sets it on the ground. There's a board dividing it roughly in the middle, and one half is filled with strips of dried meat, where the other has boxes of ammunition and a couple other things. He's collected the shotgun and put it in with the rest, you see.

"Gon' need that cage back, boy. Don't have none now, but head out to catch me a rabbit 'stead of jes' shootin it outright, will need sommat t' keep it in 'til 's time t'cook."

You yawn and take Letty out of it. She seems to have given in to the comparatively exhausting heat herself, and fallen into slumber, which makes things somewhat easier on you as you rise and stick her in a pocket instead.

It's a decent bit into the afternoon, now. And your current problem still hasn't resolved itself, you note. ... You think you remember there's supposed to be some kind of health risks about this, if it lasts longer than a certain number of hours. You're well past that, though, and haven't noticed anything odd. Aside from the obvious.

... You doubt Alice, either, will mind much, and you're recalling now that you promised 1 some time, as well as a collar.

You have no choice but to enjoy yourself. Woe is you.

---

3:30 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 42618
[x] Thank Lee for the deal. The whole trip was better than the expected, even though you didn't really know what to expect.
[x] Store everything somewhere only you or Frank can find/reach.
[x] Put Letty inside a box or a bottle, or anything similar and then store her in the fridge.
[x] After then, it's time to fulfill your promise. You might be needing it too.
>> No. 42619
[x] Thank Lee for the deal. The whole trip was better than the expected, even though you didn't really know what to expect.
[x] Store everything somewhere only you or Frank can find/reach.
[x] Put Letty inside a box or a bottle, or anything similar and then store her in the fridge.
[x] After then, it's time to fulfill your promise. You might be needing it too.

Who knows maybe we can use Letty as a "disposable blob" for the Alices.
>> No. 42620
[x] Thank Lee for the deal. The whole trip was better than the expected, even though you didn't really know what to expect.
[x] Store everything somewhere only you or Frank can find/reach.
[x] Put Letty inside a box or a bottle, or anything similar and then store her in the fridge.
[x] After then, it's time to fulfill your promise. You might be needing it too.
>> No. 42621
[x] If the crate is very large, ask Lee if he has some wheeled cart or something to carry it. You'll get it back to him, of course.
[x] Either way, pretend you're helping carry/pull/push the crate when you get near the city to keep people from noticing anything odd. Well, odder than a man and woman transporting a crate with a cat-shaped yukkuri walking behind them.
[x] Go home. Put Letty in a jar or under a transparent bowl.
[x] Sigh mentally and fulfill your promise to Alice-1.
[x] Next, play with Suika.
[x] Then take Alice-1 and Tenshi-5 to the factory for collars. While there, ask about Letty prices. You won't get anything nearly as good given that this one is a cannibal, but it's nice to keep in mind.
>> No. 42622
[x]Thank Lee for the deal. The whole trip was better than the expected, even though you didn't really know what to expect.
[x]Store everything somewhere only you or Frank can find/reach.
[x]Put Letty inside a box or a bottle, or anything similar and then store her in the fridge.
[x]Go get Alice and Tenshi collared.

I get the feeling that, once certain things get started, they're going to continue for quite some time. Best get the collaring done first.
>> No. 42623
[x] If the crate is very large, ask Lee if he has some wheeled cart or something to carry it. You'll get it back to him, of course.
[x] Either way, pretend you're helping carry/pull/push the crate when you get near the city to keep people from noticing anything odd. Well, odder than a man and woman transporting a crate with a cat-shaped yukkuri walking behind them.
[x] Go home.
[x] Put Letty inside a box or a bottle, or anything similar and then store her in the fridge.
-[x] Make sure she can't get out and eat all the food.
[x] Sigh mentally and fulfill your promise to Alice-1.
-[x] Don't take two hours like that one time with Tenshi-A. Why would you ever take two hours to have sex, you have a business to plan and then run.
[x] Next, play with Suika.
[x] Then take Alice-1 and Tenshi-5 to the factory for collars. While there, ask about Letty prices.
[x] When back, see if you can find out more about controlling a Letty's appetite. If they were trained, like Yoshika is, would they be roughly the same?

Why is everybody against breeding Lettys? Sure, this one is an utter shithead, but their instinctual hunger seems to be about the same as a Yoshika's.
>> No. 42624
File 133316830095.jpg - (48.39KB , 525x525 , mild relation.jpg ) [iqdb]
42624
Ancelin has to carry the load, of course. That's a lot of weight involved. Thankfully, Lee doesn't seem interested in extended goodbyes so much as getting right to work on butchering and preparing the meat, so after only a brief exchange of words, you're off.

... You get some odd looks, heading back, about how you're letting the woman carry the load. At least so you assume. Most of the men seem to be giving you pitying looks, as though obviously you're somehow impaired. The woman seem to be divided on whether it's a stunning display of feminism in action, proving female superiority and therefore a good thing, or a display of disgusting chauvinism that you're being so rude as to force that poor girl to carry your useless crap.

It's kind of annoying. Aside from that, you have to stop and explain to people that, no, Chen does in fact belong to you, and she isn't 'some weird thing from the woods' that smelled food and decided to follow you home, and really, you really don't need to hit her with a broom, please.

You may have to think about putting a collar on her at some point, just to avoid such mistakes, though you aren't sure what effect it'll have on her final growth. And obviously, you can't sell her if you do, though it seems that odds of managing to find a buyer for her might be a little low.

... There's a chorus of "Meat!"s at the smell of your cargo, and roughly three steps into the apartment, you find Alice 1 draped over your side, letting a long, slow breath into your ear.

"Heya, Johnny. That one's been getting more antsy all day. Might want to deal with it." Frank... you guess that's a suggestion, though you're pretty sure you both know the implication of 'dealing with it' that's involved. Also, her hand has started to move into your pants, and you aren't certain whether or not she might try to physically carry you off to bed, or just strip you right here.

"Neeeeed~" She groans softly.

"Just a second... set all this down in the kitchen, I've got to...."

... You can't really pry her off at this point. Oh well. Oh, there's The Jar. Reimu probably remembers that. You stick letty in it and stick her in the fridge, you'll talk to Frank about her later.

Then you let yourself be directed towards the bedroom. The door slams behind you, but doesn't catch and swings open a little. You almost turn to head back and close it, for privacy, but it shuts again. You guess Frank got it.

Alice is panting by now with desperate eagerness. Fortunately, the poison is still doing what it's been doing all damn day, which she's overjoyed to discover.

'Lingering stiffness' isn't quite how to put it. Bizarrely, it seems that somehow... well, it looks like your recovery time was effected as well. By which you mean it was forcefully hammered down so far that if it isn't 'zero', it might as well be.

As things turn out, you don't end up removing yourself for quite some time. Alice is ecstatic about it. By that time, though, the poison has either run its course for the most part, or you've just overused it to the point where there's nothing left that it can do, as while it's not entirely finished with any issues that might require its attention, it has started to droop with weariness.

You like to think that her stomach is distended, just a little bit, from everything left inside. She's holding a hand to herself, seeming to try to keep it from coming back out, though she isn't doing very well, and her eyes seem noticably more... lucid, you guess, now. She must have been starting to really feel it.

"So much.... love you... daddy..." She groans softly, not seeming to realize her error. She may not even realize she's talking, to be honest. Well, you'll let it slide this time.

... You turn to discover that Frank did not close the door. Chen did, then propped herself up against it to watch, calmly licking her paws. You aren't really sure how to feel about that. Cleaned up though, and dressed, she moves away when you try to go through, sauntering past with no apparent care in the world.

Frank is just relaxing on the couch, and doesn't appear to give a damn about all the noise that's been drifting over from the other room.

"Right, you were gone before I could say this the other day, Johnny." he says. "Got a couple offers, blob alices. Gonna need your input, here. One lady, she just wants one. She'll pay 20. Other guy, he wants two, he'll only buy two, not just one, but he'll pay fifteen each. Now, we only got two, and I might or might not be able to squeeze more out of them. Can't say as to whether they'd hang on until we happen to have another, either."

"Neither are interested in bodies?" You ask. You're not certain you want to sell potential waitstaff right away, but...

"Nah, not a bit of interest. Blobs are what they want."

.... Well, you guess you'll have to make the decision here. And then you most likely have to head off immediately to the factory to get collars: you don't really know when or if they close down, but it's starting to get later in the day.

---

6:37 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 42625
[x]Take the ladies offer

Dont need anymore competition.
>> No. 42627
[x] Ask Frank if there's any reason to not take the guy's offer. He wanted two... possible competition maybe?
-[x] Unless there's a good reason not to, take the guy's offer. Otherwise, if valid doubt is here, take the lady's offer.
[x] Inform Frank about the Letty. It would be good if a buyer is found fast. You really shouldn't keep her for too long, especially with her problems.
[x] Check if the meat and gun have been put away propely.

Would have added to go get the collars, but who do we want collared again?
>> No. 42628
[x] Sell to the lady, unless Frank is pretty sure the man isn't a competitor.
-[x] If you only sell one, sell the slightly older one.
[x] Then take Alice-1 and Tenshi-5 to the factory for collars. While there, ask about Letty prices.
[x] When you get back, play with Suika.
[x] Would Lettys given 'don't eat everything' training from a mother/father Yoshika-A be roughly equivalent to the Yoshika you already have?
>> No. 42629
[x] Sell to the lady, unless Frank is pretty sure the man isn't a competitor.
-[x] If you only sell one, sell the slightly older one.
[x] Then take Alice-1 and Tenshi-5 to the factory for collars. While there, ask about Letty prices.
[x] When you get back, play with Suika.
[x] Would Lettys given 'don't eat everything' training from a mother/father Yoshika-A be roughly equivalent to the Yoshika you already have?

This seems fine, besides, the lady is willing to pay more and considering the Factory price is "50M a blob" selling "2 for 30" is almost a rip-off.
>> No. 42630
[x] Ask Frank if there's any reason to not take the guy's offer. He wanted two... possible competition maybe?
-[x] Unless there's a good reason not to, take the guy's offer. Otherwise, if valid doubt is here, take the lady's offer.
--[x] Him planning to torture the Alices is a good reason.
[x] Include a little sheet, written as tastefully as possible, on things particular to keeping an Alice as opposed to a common type.
[x] Then take Alice-1 and Tenshi-5 to the factory for collars. While there, ask about Letty prices.
[x] When you get back, play with Suika.
[x] Would Lettys given 'don't eat everything' training from a mother/father Yoshika-A be roughly equivalent in appetite to the Yoshika you already have?

We can at least check to see if Letty's kids will be useful. If the entire species has to eat extra food or something, then yeah, sell it ASAP. But we already have Yoshika, which are just as hungry and also eat non-food things.
>> No. 42631
[x] Ask Frank if there's any reason to not take the guy's offer. He wanted two... possible competition maybe?
-[x] Unless there's a good reason not to, take the guy's offer. Otherwise, if valid doubt is here, take the lady's offer.
[x] Inform Frank about the Letty. It would be good if a buyer is found fast. You really shouldn't keep her for too long, especially with her problems.
[x] Check if the meat and gun have been put away propely.
[x] Play with Suika. Has she learned 'her place' (in a mmaner of speaking) already?
>> No. 42632
>>42629 here, please add:

[x] Clean Alice-1 up before heading out.
>> No. 42634
>>42630
Blob Lettys usually eat others yukkuris. Even if prevented, they all eat a lot anyway. Good enough for you to think that breeding her is a BAD idea?
>> No. 42635
>>42634
Yoshikas usually eat anything they can fit into their mouths. Breeding THEM would normally be a dumb idea, but we fixed that.

>>42631
Probably won't happen until she's at least a full adult.

[x] Sell to the lady, unless Frank is pretty sure the man isn't a competitor.
-[x] If you only sell one, sell the slightly older one.
[x] Maybe include a little sheet, written as tastefully as possible, on things particular to keeping an Alice as opposed to a common type.
[x] Check if the meat and gun have been put away propely.
[x] Clean Alice-1 up before heading out.
[x] Then take Alice-1 and Tenshi-5 to the factory for collars. While there, ask about Letty prices.
[x] When you get back, play with Suika.
[x] Would Lettys given 'don't eat everything' training from a mother/father Yoshika-A be roughly equivalent to the Yoshika you already have?
>> No. 42636
>>42634
While I appreciate you trying to look out for everybody, you seem to be imposing your own view of things on this story.

Yes, this one Letty is a glutton that ate its entire family. That doesn't mean it won't have better kids.
>> No. 42637
>>42636

Not the guy you're answering to, but let's see some facts about this Letty:
-It ate it's own family, ate it's sisters, then it's parents without a single thought.
-It's a -ko that already tasted sweet filling, and on top of that gave it a candy, so if it wasn't addicted, it's now.
-Remember what we did to the last yu that tasted the filling of it's kind?
-Even if the nicehead/shithead system isn't valid to this story, this one is pretty much on the rotten side.
-Unlike a Cirno who creates it's own cold, this one needs a cool enviroment to be comfortable.

All in all, it's unadvisable to actively breed this kind, at least until we start making space for a few litters and get the hang on the training issues, we might be able to pull it off but now we need to set up the cafe.
>> No. 42638
>>42637
I would like to point out that I already admitted that this Letty was a horrible being, and listing facts about it is preaching to the choir.

What I was saying is that we can almost certainly take advantage of the Factory training regarding eating given to Yoshika to make future kids non-gluttonous, not to mention the kids'd likely be less selfish than their parent (not that it'd be hard).

That said, breeding them can certainly wait. After all, we're still full, don't have much of a cold area yet, and the Letty is still a juvenile. Even then, it's not much of a priority.
>> No. 42639
[x] Sell to the lady, unless Frank is pretty sure the man isn't a competitor.
-[x] If you only sell one, sell the slightly older one.
[x] Maybe include a little sheet, written as tastefully as possible, on things particular to keeping an Alice as opposed to a common type.
[x] Check if the meat and gun have been put away propely.
[x] Clean Alice-1 up before heading out.
[x] Then take Alice-1 and Tenshi-5 to the factory for collars. While there, ask about Letty prices.
-[x] On second thought, might as well bring Suika-A and Chen-C with you to get some collars too.
[x] When you get back, play with Suika.

Shouldn't we try to get as many collared as we can? At least the ones we can't really sell, like Chen-C and Suika-A right?
>> No. 42640
>>42639

No. They haven't finished growing yet, you dumbhead.
>> No. 42641
>>42639
I think we're waiting for those two to grow a bit bigger. At least, I am.
>> No. 42642
[x] Sell the alices to the whoever Frank can get more from. Doesn't matter if it's both.
[x] Maybe include a little sheet, written as tastefully as possible, on things particular to keeping an Alice as opposed to a common type.
[x] Check if the meat and gun have been put away propely.
[x] Clean Alice-1 up before heading out.
[x] Then take Alice-1 and Tenshi-5 to the factory for collars. While there, ask about Letty prices.
[x] When you get back, play with Suika.

We should get rid of any alice blob, since we can't control their need.
>> No. 42643
>>42640
We took Suika to get collared last time but the machine broke. Besides the collar doesn't stop the yukurri from growing now. It only stops it once it gets to the size that the collar allows.
>> No. 42644
>>42643
>the machine broke

Fortunatly. Having her collared at that time would have locked her in one size smaller than full growth.
>> No. 42645
>>42643
That time, we learned there was a limit to how much more growth the collar can allow beyond the current size. We wouldn't have been able to get Suika collared to the size we wanted even if the machine didn't break.

Chen-C, I'm thinking we'll want to stop at roughly adult size, so she might work now, but we'd still have to bring Suika another time, so we might as well bring Chen-C along then.
>> No. 42651
File 133324063068.jpg - (467.42KB , 800x600 , 74b3ec5b1574066d1ba2d935e90e2c79.jpg ) [iqdb]
42651
"This guy wants two... you don't think he's a competitor, do you? Why does he want two?" You ask, suspicion building.

"Hey, I didn't ask why either of them wanted what they did." Frank. "Everyone's probably happier off that way, Johnny. 'Sides... does it matter? I mean, Alice ain't the most common sort around, you know, but... it's not like they're hugely rare or anything."

".... Hm..."

"I mean, I bet there's a bunch of people with an Alice or two starting up their new pet shop." Frank says.

"I still don't like the thought of selling to potential competition..." You point out.

"Yeah, well, that's how it goes. You don't wanna sell to people who might make money from buyin', you might end up not being able to sell anything at all, Johnny boy. He might want 'em to breed and sell. She might already have one or two to breed an' sell with it. Just how it goes." Frank says, a little bit of disinterest coloring his tone. Then he frowns. "... Or they might just want to give them a hard time until they can't take it any more. There's that kind of people around, too."

"I still don't like the idea. And with the factory rate being 50, selling for either 15 or 20 apiece is kind of..."

"Oh, yeah, factory rates. Well, I've told you before, Johnny, I'm really doubting we'll ever get factory rate for anything except maybe good Reimu and Marisa, since they're already really cheap." Frank says. "You don't seem to have had it click, tho'. So I'll put it this way for you, buddy. I would be really damn surprised if we got more than one or two offers to pay even half factory rates for most of them, especially the rare and expensive kinds. Most likely, we'll be pulling in a heck of a lot less than that. But that's just how it goes... we aren't the Factory, after all. So, you can try to hold out for factory prices all you want, I guess... but unless you can guarantee that there's nobody else in town that they can find and buy something from as easily, and unless you can be damn sure they won't decide to buy something less expensive instead.... yeah, I don't really see us selling much of anything that way."

He shrugs.

"Well, it's still your call and all, though. I'm mostly looking at the cafe deal, for regular profit." He admits. "You want to give me some sort of lowest allowed price for stuff, that's fine, just... don't really expect to get many offers."

"... Ugh. Alright then." You say, thinking. "Take... Alice's kid is a little older. Take that one, and sell it to the lady... wait, hold on, let me write a note about..."

You try to keep the 'Need' nymphomania explanation as brief and tasteful as possible, and hand the letter over to Frank.

"Give her that, too. If she doesn't already know, it won't come as a surprise, then... Don't head off right away, though, I need to go do something."

Alice seems to have lurched to her feet in the meantime, and is cleaning herself up a bit with tissues, loopy smile on her face. You help her wipe down enough to be presentable, and not obviously 'just had a really good time', and take her and Tenshi 5 out for a walk to the factory.

There's a slight flush over Alice 1's face the whole time, but she seems ecstatic over the collar. Tenshi doesn't seem as enthused, as she's a little disappointed that the whole thing is entirely painless, but she's still happy.

"Don't expect discounts from me." The smoking woman says, sourly. "That'll be the full twelve."

You hand over the money. In response, she hands you a paper towel, which for a moment is confusing.

"Eheh... Oh no... Alice plugged it, but it's dripping through the tissues, and through Alice's bloomers..."

... Oh.

"There's a reasonable explanation for-"

"Save it, nobody gives a shit what you do with your property." She interrupts dourly. "Just don't drip all over the clean floor. Here, take another. What a mess."

.... God damn it, gravity. You are such a dick, sometimes. You take Alice to the side and clean her up again, Tenshi watching with some interest, as the woman takes a quick smoke break and waves you off.

Dripping issues still aren't entirely dealt with on your return, but they've slowed down to near nothing. Seems like it's mostly oozed its way out, though she seems somehow disappointed about it.

You give Frank a nod as he leaves, and Suika is more than ready to challenge your dominance again. It goes about as well as it ever has for her: You might have a small bruise rising on your ankle, now, but she's defeated handily.

"... Marisa is ready to work." Marisa offers, as you take a moment to sit down. "Marisa will work... two times, for not working before..."

"I have something else to do first."

The meat and ammo is sitting in the crate in the kitchen, still. It doesn't seem like the jerky will go bad, so it probably doesn't matter where or how you store it, and you aren't sure about the rest, either. Where exactly they would have to be put. You're starting to run low on storage space, your closet is fairly full of stuff.

The strips of meat seem about equal in weight and size, each being about... you guess, a fifth of a pound? Yeah, seems like. On closer inspection than just glancing at it and having Ancelin go grab it, the meat takes up a good bit more than half the crate. But with forty pounds of meat making... you do some quick math... two hundred strips of meat in the box, that's understandable. The rest is taken up by the ammo, gun, and equipment.

In any case, you'll have to do some thinking about where to store this stuff. In the meanwhile, Letty... you aren't sure about keeping her long enough to breed. She's only child-size at the moment, as far as you can tell. It'll be a while before she hits adult. As to whether Yoshika could educate her children into not being rampaging gluttons, well... you aren't sure about it. She might be able to. But maybe not. There's really only one way to find out, you guess, and it has its risks.

---

8:45 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 42652
Guys? With the furniture coming, it's time to sit down and get seriously ready to open the cafe as soon as the furniture arrive, unless you fancy paying just to store chairs and tables.

So, anyone want to try their hand to create a menu with many choices with some quality too to start with? We should also order by pack of 12 to start with: I can't imagine we'll get enough client to run out of specifics items to start with.
>> No. 42653
>While there, ask about Letty prices.

Not sure exactly how I managed to miss this thing.

Something something, uncommon but predatory, eats like a Yuyuko if you let her, complains if you don't, blahblah, not as popular as a yuyuko either, only happy if the air conditioning is going strong or you put her to live in a fridge, which means you can't use it for your own food or she'll eat it unless you've trained her not to(or have her in a jar)...

Lots of drawbacks and unpopularity, tempering the rareness factor.

Blobs usually go for 60, 120 for bodies, as the Factory rate. Basically the same price as Yoshika.
>> No. 42654
[x] See if the Reimu/Marisa family will behave if you let them out of the crib. If they promise to not have contact with the other yukkuri, you will let them out, since Marisa is doing a fine job.
-[x] Isolate Letty in the crib.
[x] See how everyone is doing.
[x] Let Alice ready the food and etc.
[x] Talk with Suika.
>> No. 42655
>>42653

Anyone up for killing the Letty now?
>> No. 42656
Y U NO VOTE?

C'mon, I'm still the only voter.
>> No. 42657
>>42655
Kahi gave us the Letty instead of a Cirno. Do you think it'd be for no reason?
>> No. 42658
[x] See if the Reimu/Marisa family will behave if you let them out of the crib. If they promise to not have contact with the other yukkuri, you will let them out, since Marisa is doing a fine job.
-[x] Isolate Letty in the crib.
[x] See how everyone is doing.
[x] Let Alice ready the food and etc.
[x] Talk with Suika.
>> No. 42659
>>42657
>In the meanwhile, Letty... you aren't sure about keeping her long enough to breed. She's only child-size at the moment, as far as you can tell. It'll be a while before she hits adult. As to whether Yoshika could educate her children into not being rampaging gluttons, well... you aren't sure about it. She might be able to. But maybe not. There's really only one way to find out, you guess, and it has its risks.
He also said that too though.
Personally, I'm all for squishing/bottle treatment.
>> No. 42660
>>42657
The Letty was probably randomly picked from possible yukkuri types in the area. So yes, I do think it was for no reason.
>> No. 42661
[x] See if the Reimu/Marisa family will behave if you let them out of the crib. If they promise to not have contact with the other yukkuri, you will let them out, since Marisa is doing a fine job.
-[x] Isolate Letty in the crib.
[x] Let Alice ready the food and etc.
[x] Talk with Rumia and Yoshika.
[x] Talk with Suika.

>>42651
>Seems like it's mostly oozed its way out, though she seems somehow disappointed about it.
Someone appears to be trying for hybrids on her own accord, adding an Oedipus element to this story. Or she just "wants us in her;" not sure which, or if Kahi is even letting the first be viable. I guess we'll find out by tomorrow afternoon.
>> No. 42662
[x] See if the Reimu/Marisa family will behave if you let them out of the crib. If they promise to not have contact with the other yukkuri, you will let them out, since Marisa is doing a fine job.
-[x] Isolate Letty in the crib.
[x] See how everyone is doing.
[x] Let Alice ready the food and etc.
[x] Talk with Suika.
[x] Invite Ancelin to bed as a reward for yesterday.
-[x] Not in nude, of course. Give her an appropiate sleepwear.(unused shorts, shirt, etc.)

I wonder if Ancelin could work in the cafe. I think she would do great as a Head Waitress. Presuming if we teach her on how to take orders and such. Her writing would improve if practice everyday.
>> No. 42664
>>42661

It is called Electra Complex for father-daughter incest. Oedipus Complex are for mother-son incest.

But really, does it matter? She is not John's daughter in the first place but a father figure would be a better term for that.

Also, are you implying that Alice-1 will get pregnant or something? Because that would be impossible. Even for belief experiment.
>> No. 42665
>>42664
Certain stories about yukkuri state human/yukkuri hybrids can exist for whatever magical-bullshit reason. That's why I said it's up to Kahi; he might be drawing from those stories, or he might not.
>> No. 42666
Kahi knows of the human/yukkuri hybrids, and has confirmed they are possible. Get on the chat more often, guys.
>> No. 42667
File 133325751574.png - (279.66KB , 588x623 , 476cee1b1d3a155c79173c5962198c7b.png ) [iqdb]
42667
Well, they'll sit fine here, for now. No reason to heave the stuff around at the moment. You're thinking... it might be a better idea to keep the Letty in a crib, maybe. A glance in the fridge shows that it seems to be happier in the cool air, though upset that it can't ge through the jar to your food.

The only matter to check is to see if they'll work out outside of the crib.

Marisa seems to have significant reservations about the move. Seems she doesn't really trust the change. Reimu, by contrast, seems much happier to not be walled in with mesh, having a wider and more open space to remain in. So Marisa went along with it. The kids, aside from the Buri that don't even seem to notice the move, stare around wide-eyed at the 'outside of the crib' landscape.

... A near miss, where you almost stumbled over Marisa 7 seems to click it for most of them the importance of the 'stay out from underfoot' parts of Alice's lessons. In any case, you dump Letty into the now-vacated crib.

She seems less than pleased about the change. Apparently even with the air being comfortably conditioned, it's still too warm for her tastes, and the first thing she tries to do is to attempt to jump through the mesh and get at the yukkuri outside. This doesn't work out any better for her than trying to get through glass did, and she goes to sulk quietly in a corner.

Marisa affirms, again, that she's ready to work any time, but you brush her off with the assurance that you'll get to it before you sleep. You dont' seem to actually have much of a choice in the matter, the sudden shift of living conditions has made her nervous enough.

"Heeeysh." Suika says, as you start your talk with her. You aren't sure what to discuss, but you aren't sure that it really matters, either. You guess you'll keep it simple.

"Are you having fun?" You ask.

"Yeeep~ Mishter's strong!" She says, approvingly.

"I am strong, yeah." You say, willing to admit that much. In relation to a yukkuri, not fully grown even, definitely so. "You haven't won any of our battles, anyway."

".... N'yet." She slurs. "Shuika'll get bigger'n shtronger, though."

"Even if you get bigger and stronger, growing up, I'll still always win. You sure you don't want to just give up already?" You say, hopefully.

"Hahaha... Shcared?" She says, teasingly. "Shuika ishn't gonna give up sho eashy~"

"I guess it was too much to hope for." You admit. "Well, it doesn't really change that you won't win against me."

"Shuika'll shee~" She says, cheerily, not seeming to mind whether she actually won or lost, in the end, as long as she did her best.

... You guess that's really all there is to say, there.

It's a little late to start a stew going, but you go ahead and let Alice know she can try making sandwiches again. After a moments thought, she comes back to ask if she should put any of the meat in the box in it.

You guess you might want to think about more specific instructions about those sandwiches, as you consider what else to do before bed. Aside from dealing with Marisa.

---

9:07 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 42668
If our fridge has room for an adult yukkuri somewhere in it, we can probably keep Letty in a shoebox and get a better-sized container to put in the fridge.

What I'm saying is that we don't have to clear out a crib just yet, she's still small.
>> No. 42669
>>42666

Sorry but some people like me can't go to IRC since I'm using Opera Mini for my phone to surf this site. So forgive me if I'm a little behind at times.
>> No. 42670
Also, I should probably point out that just because a thing is 'possible' that doesn't make it 'likely'.

Like, it's possible that you could saunter through a Wild and Untrod area, alone and with no protection, and leave unharmed with an elephant sized chimeeramaru on a leash of plucked down vines.

That doesn't mean that this occurence is likely.

Leaving everything else aside, of course.
>> No. 42672
[x] Go chat a bit. Maybe Rei and Magnum will want to hear how the hunt went, if Lee hasn't told them already.
[x] Unless something else demand your attention, go to sleep.

Wanted to look this up now, but figured that we'll find out by going out. Anyway... Having been to a cafe frequently, let me tell you a bit about what they have: they have more sweets and drinks than meals, but they do have some variety with meals. At the very least, we want an option other than sammiches. Hence, salads. As for drinks, juice variety could be nice for kids. Maybe milk too?

We'll need to look these up. Hopefully, Alice can do salads.

Anyway, once I have those prices, I'll try to propose a list of food we'll get for the opening.
>> No. 42673
>>42669

Not IRC. GoogleDocs spreadsheet has a chat function.
>> No. 42674
[x] If Alice hasn't prepared the sandwitched yet: use the meat you had before the new stuff. If there's still any.
[x] Marisa should keep her family always together, and stay close to them. They might eb outside the crib for now, but they will probably retunr there in the future.
[x] Visit the hunting club chatroom again, before going to bed.
>> No. 42675
>>42672 here, forgot to add something before chat.

[x] Give a call to Rebecca. You never did call her back after 'unloading' your tension. You probably need to apologize about it.
-[x] Talk a bit if she has time. You can always talk about what each of you got with the voucher.
>> No. 42676
Regarding pricing and stocking, >>42265 and >>41858 may be helpful.
>> No. 42677
>>42676
I remember that post but... 24 is too much with our funds and I doubt we'll be that popular when starting. I know they're better in the long run, money wise, but it will still be a waste if they don't sell and just waste away. Better buy less and save funds just in case.
>> No. 42678
[x] If Alice hasn't prepared the sandwitchs yet: teach her to make a PB&J.
-[x] Failing that, don't let her use any of the new meat.
[x] Don't say anything to Marisa, you'll just freak her out.
[x] If there are continued close calls, drag away the couch from the corner so an area is bounded on three sides. That will be the crib yukkuri's suggested area.
[x] Don't tell Rebecca what you got or ask what she got. It hasn't been a week.
[x] Four times in a row sounds like a bother. Extract bean past using a funnel and collect it into a bowl. Seal the hole up with a tiny amount of orange juice once you've collected enough.
[x] Visit the hunting club chatroom again, before going to bed.
>> No. 42680
>>42677
I was only bringing them up because they have the costs of various stuff in them, for others to look at and budget.

I only did the math for the two-dozen packs because they were the most extreme example of savings. Too lazy to also do the dozen packs as well.

Our profit margin could probably take ordering a dozen of each to start. You'll have to do the math on the resulting profits yourself though.
>> No. 42682
File 133326548649.jpg - (65.22KB , 512x512 , f8ed589986ad3a94f4e8af1f0263451e.jpg ) [iqdb]
42682
You don't actually have any peanut butter or jelly for sandwiches, as it happens. Your sammich preparation things are limited to lunch-meat and vegetables, but with that said, you go ahead and let her know that the jerky is off limits for the moment.

It's not long after that she delivers a sandwich to you, lunchmeat layered with an evenly sliced potato, some lettuce, turnip, and a drizzle of ketchup.

It's... it's edible. You guess. She still doesn't seem to have a strong, instinctive grasp of what sorts of things typically go well together, though, but you guess she's not the one eating it. Maybe she doesn't know that she's not doing it quite normally, or she just wouldn't grasp that it tastes odd, even if she ate it herself?

Kind of crunchy, in any case.

You sit in the chatroom for twenty minutes, and note that there don't seem to be many people in there at the moment. The ones that are, that you recognize, you try to greet... they don't answer, though. Nobody is talking at all, except you. You guess they're not at the keyboard at the moment. In any case, it's getting later, so you can't really stick around here forever before bed, if there's nobody there to chat with... You note this for their sake, then leave, a little disgruntledly.

Well, you guess you can't always expect everyone to be available at the convenience of your whims.

That noted, Rebecca doesn't answer her phone, and it ends up going to a prerecorded message of an answering machine. You leave a brief apology for never calling back like you meant to, and note that you'll call again sometime. Not really much else you can do.

In a bit of a soured mood at this point, but there's nothing to be done. It's probably almost time to go to bed anyway.

Four times is going to be a bit of a pain... You guess you could just cut her open and extract filling?

Yeah, you can do that. And then she'll try not to scream, but it'll hurt, and she won't be able to help it, so you'll have to stuff a rag in her mouth, and you'll measure a bit out, but it won't stop coming. She'll bleed out into your bowl. Sounds like fun. Maybe she'll regret sacrificing herself, at the end of it.

.... You can give her orange juice of course, and you aren't sure it would happen quite like that, in spite of the head voice's dramatic prophetizing. You aren't really sure it'll stop her from remembering how you cut her open and squeezed her into a bowl, though. Well, you're probably overthinking this.

As expected, she's slightly recovered from the break, so it's a little easier to milk her, to start. You only need to gently prod and rub, and then slide a single finger into place to work things out. It scales up as expected from there, though, and the second time is as difficult as you remember it being.

The third time... well, she just doesn't seem capable, even with your concerted efforts. You have to think about this for a while, and even adding another finger into the mix doesn't help much.

... Well, there's still that.

She doesn't seem to grasp your intent as you slide the most recent addition back out, but a startled yelp comes as you shift it a little, then return to work. The third effort is finished shortly. You're still not done yet, though.

The last bit of business is, if anything, more frustrating than before. It doesn't help that your anatomy has returned to its earlier, poison-induced state, throughout this, and you both seem well aware of it. Though it's probably not because of poison this time. There's only so much you can do to mentally distance yourself from what your hands are feverishly working at.

"No... Marisa is... More... Losing... No... ng~"

There we go. Job done. You quickly clean up, as she slumps there, panting and exhausted on the bed, and then return her, in slightly better shape from a few moments of recovery. You pause, a little away, to listen to the conversation. You don't seem to overhear all of it, but you catch enough.

"... lots bigger, outside of it. If Mister won't let us leave... Maybe Mister would let Marisa and Reimu have more babies?"

"Marisa... doesn't know. Marisa is tired. Marisa doesn't... really want to ask Mister for things..."

"... mmh..."

Reimu sounds a little disappointed... seeming to be focused on the fact that their children are growing up, and not completely seeming to register that they aren't all going to start moving out at once? Maybe.

Marisa seems to sense that, or whatever it is, as well, and rallies.

"If Reimu just wants to refresh... that's fine, Marisa thinks? Can't make babies, though. So can't with rub-rub, and Reimu can't refresh with... Reimu might, though..."

".... Uwah? What is Marisa thinking? Reimu can't do that, it's dirty, Marisa makes poo from..."

".... Heh. Reimu's right. Marisa isn't thinking right. Marisa... needs to sleep."

.... Sounds like there might be a little trouble in paradise, there. You guess that it'd probably be mostly your fault, all things considered. Marisa does seem to have a point too, though, even if it might not have come up before your intervention.

Whatever. Sleep time.

----

7:54 AM, Day 13

You groan as you awaken to your phone ringing, a few minutes before your alarm is set to go off. It stops before you've managed to drag yourself out of bed, though, and so you go and slowly wash your face, trying to scrub away the sleepiness, before you head over to check the message.

It's from your father, and sums up as 'never mind, don't call me back, your mother could wake up any time, I'll try to get ahold of you later'.

... Probably good advice. You wouldn't really want to try to call him and risk having your mother end up screeching in your ear over not getting rid of all your girls like she wanted, anyway. If and when he does call back, it'll be somewhere and somewhen that she can't interrupt or snatch the phone away. Besides, if he didn't want to hold long enough for you to get out of bed it probably wasn't hugely imprtant anyway.

You stretch and try to focus on the day's business.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 42684
[x] Usual morning routine.
[x] Renting starts today. Hooray?
[x] See if the crib yukkuri are behaving and not mixing with the other, more important yukkuri.
[x] Look up a few yukkuri recipes oin the internet. Do it alone, of course.
>> No. 42685
>>42684
Yukkuri recipes? Seriously?

[x] Usual morning routine.
[x] Renting starts today. Hooray?
[x] See if the crib yukkuri are behaving.
[x] Look up salad recipes. You need at least one alternative to sammiches.
>> No. 42686
Bah, forgot to make a "stop having Marisa fill the baster" vote last night. Oh well.

You know, it occurs to me that the Letty wants lots of sweet food, and there are a lot of yukkuri around that can't make use of a toilet.

[x]Think of something else to do with Marisa that doesn't involve violence or baster-filling. Seriously, this was awkward a couple sessions ago and it's only gotten worse since then.
>> No. 42688
>>42685

Probably in order to get rid of unwanted yukkuri?

[x] Usual morning routine.
[x] Renting starts today. Hooray?
[x] See if the crib yukkuri are behaving and not mixing with the other, more important yukkuri.
[x]Think of something else to do with Marisa that doesn't involve violence or baster-filling. Seriously, this was awkward a couple sessions ago and it's only gotten worse since then.
-[x] Maybe play with Chen-C? A hunger hunter game? Have her and others run away from Chen-C so she has to "hunt" them all?

Now that we have a bodied Marisa, we really don't have anything for her to do.
>> No. 42689
[x] Usual morning routine.
[x] Renting starts today. Hooray?
[x] See if the crib yukkuri are behaving.
[x] Check on your daughters, Suika-A, Chen-C, Marisa-A, and the little Tenshi that thinks you are her father.
[x] Wrestling session with Suika?
[x] Look up salad recipes. You need at least one alternative to sammiches.
[x] Ready to start your bussiness venture?

Hooray! We already made it so far, but the main course is starting now!
Also, the Yukari-event is today, right?
>> No. 42690
>>42689

It's tomorrow.
>> No. 42691
[x] Usual morning routine.
[x] Renting starts today. Hooray?
[x] See if the crib yukkuri are behaving.
[x] Check on your daughters, Suika-A, Chen-C, Marisa-A, and the little Tenshi that thinks you are her father.
[x] Wrestling session with Suika?
[x] Look up salad recipes. You need at least one alternative to sammiches.
[x] Ready to start your business venture?
>> No. 42695
[x] Usual morning routine.
[x] Renting starts today. Hooray?
[x] See if the crib yukkuri are behaving.
[x] Check on your daughters, Suika-A, Chen-C, Marisa-A.
[x] Wrestling session with Suika?
[x] Look up salad recipes. You need at least one alternative to sammiches.
[x] Think of something else to do with Marisa that doesn't involve violence or baster-filling. Seriously, this was awkward a couple sessions ago and it's only gotten worse since then.
[x] Ready to start your bussiness venture?

No, we're not ready to start our business venture. We need prices and food stock.
>> No. 42696
[x] Usual morning routine.
[x] Renting starts today. Hooray?
[x] See if the crib yukkuri are behaving.
[x] Check on your daughters, Suika-A, Chen-C, Marisa-A.
[x] Wrestling session with Suika?
[x] Look up salad recipes. You need at least one alternative to sandwiches.
[x] Think of something else to do with Marisa that doesn't involve violence or baster-filling. Seriously, this was awkward a couple sessions ago and it's only gotten worse since then.
[x] Ready to start your business venture?
>> No. 42698
File 133332470279.jpg - (106.42KB , 850x747 , battle dramatization may not be entirely accurate.jpg ) [iqdb]
42698
Okay, breakfast, food for everyone... You're going to have to pick up more cereal one of these days, you're down to the last sack and a half after today. It'll last tomorrow, and a couple of days after that, of course, but that's not really too long.

... You start renting that place today, and the furniture arrives. Oh boy, that'll be fun. It means you have to set up the interior and then sit down and hash out an exact menu and prices, and aside from that, figure out what hours you want to be open for business. In spite of Franks... reservations, you're pretty sure that you only need to have one person watching the cafe to take care of things that the girls can't, and you can switch off between the two of you as needed.

You still won't be able to keep it running twenty four hours a day, of course.

Aside from that, you'll need to order sweets to go with the coffee, and with only... 355M to spare for it, after paying for the rent and furniture, and the profit from blob-sales Frank's left on the table, you'll have to get the list of prices you jotted down and seriously contemplate it.

Suika interrupts your deep thoughts with her eagerness to test out her new size, and you take a moment to wrestle her into submission. At this stage, she's a bit above knee-high, and probably large enough to be collared with something that would let her grow into full near-human size.

She's also... pretty strong by this point. You have to be pretty rough to keep her down, and it's fortunate that she has the toughness to go with it, because you're actually starting to have to work to keep her from breaking free and continuing the fight. What a pain.

In the end, though, just grabbing her by the horns and lifting seems to turn out pretty well. She kicks out, and swings her fists to no avail, and after a minute sags in defeat, arms crossed over her chest and making a slight pout.

"See? I still win." You say, confidently, trying not to let on that your ribs hurt a little from the headbutt she got in midway through.

In any case, that dealt with, you check on the... ex-crib yu? Well, they seem to be fairly well keeping out of the way of the rest. Problematically, though, they seem to be disquieted and filled with a vague sort of mistrust for everyone outside their family, still. More so for the bodied ones.

Chen-C... It's pretty clear that they're outright terrified of. They just don't know what to make of her, and shrink back to try to hide themselves away whenever she comes near. Reimu doesn't seem to recognize her as the tiny mutation that she once threatened to squish if she ever saw again. ... Or if she does, she's just keeping quiet about it, since at her size and with her claws, Chen could tear through the entire family like a fork sliding through liquid butter.

You were thinking, slightly, of having some of them play hunting games with her, but you may have to reconsider. It's pretty clear that if you did, they would be in legitimate terror for their lives, given the pursuit of the 'horrible monster'.

Well, except for the buri, to which none of this applies. Since they still don't seem to realize that they're out of the crib, and haven't really moved much. So they wouldn't be scared, you think, but at the same time they probably wouldn't really grasp that they were supposed to be running, either.

Salad recipes...

From what you recall, pre-packaged salads are exorbitantly overpriced. Probably cheaper by far to just go to the simple matter of mixing lettuce and tomatoes in a big bowl, for a simple salad. Vegetables from the farms are pretty cheap... for 2M you can get two heads of lettuce, or a half dozen tomatoes. A salad would take one head of lettuce, shredded, and two or three tomatoes chopped up and added to it, and have about a dozen servings.

Not bad, if you don't feel like going the extra route of mushrooms, carrots, olives, and what-not, which would of course step the price further and further up.

Salad dressing comes in a few flavors you're familiar with, but it's generally more expensive than the salad itself: 5M a bottle, with each bottle holding about twenty servings worth.

It's something to think about.

As for something, anything else to do with Marisa, that doesn't involve hurting her, terrifying her, or more of the same as you've been doing... you're kind of stumped. There's really not much that can be done, there. Little that she can do that can't be accomplished better, more easily, or both by the new model bodied Marisa, or just any of the other girls, or yourself.

It's a conundrum. You're still not really sure about dumping the lot, either, since they could be worth money, even if it isn't much... but it seems to be the only potentially viable alternative, and it's not like it would take you a great deal of effort to breed up more Marisa or Reimu, if there's calls for them, even if you let the buri go with their parents instead of staying behind.

You check the clock. You need to be at the location at 10 AM sharp, to start renting it... you have an hour and a half. Not much time left to do things here.

---

8:30 AM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 42699
[x] How heavy is Marisa? You could have the bodied yukkuri carry her on a plate or tray to practice for serving in the cafe.
[x] Head out in time to make it to the ice cream parlor by 10:00 AM.
-[x] Take Suika with you; you can get a collar for her while you're out
>> No. 42700
[x] Get to work.
-[x] Take the Big Three with you to the renting palce.
-[x] If Ancelin is still wearing make-up, and is under a convinceable disguise, take her.
-[x] Bring the Creepy Human Head Like Reimu and Marisa too.
>> No. 42702
[x] Get to work.
-[x] Take the Big Three with you to the renting palce.
-[x] If Ancelin is still wearing make-up, and is under a convinceable disguise, take her.
-[x] Bring the Creepy Human Head Like Reimu and Marisa too.
[x] Head out in time to make it to the ice cream parlor by 10:00 AM.

Are we showing them where they will work, or is it to help the maid?
>> No. 42703
[x] Take Suika and Chen-C to get collared.
-[x] Chen-C to whatever size she'll be as an adult.
-[x] Suika to roughly chest height, or smaller if her horns will be a problem at that size.
[x] Head out in time to make it to the ice cream parlor by 10:00 AM.
-[x] If Ancelin is still wearing make-up, and is under a convinceable disguise, take her.
-[x] Bring Marisa-B. It might be good to get a stray's opinion of the place.
-[x] Bring the factory three. One can carry Marisa-B.
-[x] Bring the shotgun, a few boxes of ammo, and the various appliances. Carry some stuff yourself so you don't get odd looks.
>> No. 42704
[x] Take Suika and Chen-C to get collared.
-[x] Chen-C to whatever size she'll be as an adult.
-[x] Suika to roughly chest height, or smaller if her horns will be a problem at that size.
[x] Head out in time to make it to the ice cream parlor by 10:00 AM.
-[x] If Ancelin is still wearing make-up, and is under a convinceable disguise, take her.
-[x] Bring Marisa-B. It might be good to get a stray's opinion of the place.
-[x] Bring the shotgun, a few boxes of ammo, and the various appliances. Carry some stuff yourself so you don't get odd looks.

I think we should leave some more reliable yukkuris just in case. Plus if we're bringing them to show them where things are, waiting until the furniture is set up would be best.
>> No. 42706
[x] Take Suika and Chen-C to get collared.
-[x] Chen-C to whatever size she'll be as an adult.
-[x] Suika to roughly chest height, or smaller if her horns will be a problem at that size.
[x] Head out in time to make it to the ice cream parlor by 10:00 AM.
-[x] If Ancelin is still wearing make-up, and is under a convinceable disguise, take her.
-[x] Bring Marisa-B. It might be good to get a stray's opinion of the place.
-[x] Bring the factory three. One can carry Marisa-B.
-[x] Bring the shotgun, a few boxes of ammo, and the various appliances. Carry some stuff yourself so you don't get odd looks.
>> No. 42707
[x] Take Suika and Chen-C to get collared.
-[x] Chen-C to whatever size she'll be as an adult.
-[x] Suika to roughly chest height, or smaller if her horns will be a problem at that size.
[x] Head out in time to make it to the ice cream parlor by 10:00 AM.
-[x] If Ancelin is still wearing make-up, and is under a convinceable disguise, take her.
-[x] Bring Marisa-B. It might be good to get a stray's opinion of the place.
-[x] Bring the factory three. One can carry Marisa-B.
-[x] Bring the shotgun, a few boxes of ammo, and the various appliances. Carry some stuff yourself so you don't get odd looks

Do we need a gun permit in the City? or was this already addressed?
>> No. 42711
[x] Get to work.
-[x] Take the Big Three with you to the renting palce.
-[x] If Ancelin is still wearing make-up, and is under a convinceable disguise, take her.
-[x] Bring Marisa too.
[x] Head out in time to make it to the ice cream parlor by 10:00 AM.
[x] Take the appliances you've bought.
-[x] Leave the shotgun at home in a safe place.

Are yous serious? Taking the weapon, what the fuck are you thinking? Wait for the place to start running before taking that shit up and down, it has no use today.
>> No. 42712
[x] Get to work.
-[x] Take the Big Three with you to the renting palce.
-[x] If Ancelin is still wearing make-up, and is under a convinceable disguise, take her.
-[x] Bring Marisa too.
[x] Head out in time to make it to the ice cream parlor by 10:00 AM.
[x] Take the appliances you've bought.

Did we buy too many tables? The palce is big, yeah, but we expect to have customers with pet yukkuri there too, so maybe the number of tables was a bit too much?

Well, we need to think of how many sweets to buy, and how much increase it's cost. We need to make at least 275 per week, to pay all rent (cafe+home), and then some more to restock on food.

Suddenly, I don't think this was a good idea, now. How's the YUFC project doing? Or maybe John could become a hunter?
>> No. 42717
>>42712
We pretty much went all-or-nothing, huh? If we get popular and don't screw up, there's enough traffic at that location to generate the Ms needed. Even if we just make that 275 with the cafe per week, the score will jump up (Provided we help burn the negative with side-business, because we'll need more than that to correct that -2k score.) and discourage others competitors, making us win the competition.

Or make them resort to sabotage. I have no doubt we're not just going to cruise to victory once the cafe is doing nice.

Now, here's a problem: we're going to have every yukkuri we're bringing walk there each day? Then return once we close? It could bring incidents, just saying. We're pretty much forced to stay closed on rainy days too.

As for hours, how about... 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM? Too early and yukkuris won't be happy. We need to prepare in the morning too, bringing fresh food. And people don't really go in cafes for dinner I think, so there's no point staying open past 4. Yukkuris will probably be tired by then too.
>> No. 42718
>>42717

That time period is a problem because one of our main sells pitches is selling coffee and if it's too late in the day then we lose out on the morning rush.

So we seem to Need to open early, at least if we do go the coffee route. Unless we switch from coffee to tea or something.
>> No. 42719
If Ancelin is with us, then who will protect our house? What about Shanghai?

Regarind the times, we should open really early.
>> No. 42720
>>42719

Shanghai can shoot lasers
>> No. 42721
>>42719

Frank. He should be able to use the shotgun.
>> No. 42722
File 133339814525.png - (21.93KB , 1027x543 , Current.png ) [iqdb]
42722
If you want to get collars as well, then there's not much time. You'll have to go there, then directly to the meeting place afterward, with no time for going back and forth. Dragging appliances around as well...

Yes, you'll definitely have to bring Ancelin along for it. Her make up needs to be re-applied, but the same combination of going-out clothes as before works. Old pants to conceal the legs, and while the hem of a shirt gets drawn up much further than it's supposed to be, given the sizable chest-regions involved, as long as the jacket is only zipped up partway, it covers her midriff well enough to pass.

Her, the original trio, and Marisa carried along... neither Alice nor Marisa seem much pleased by the other's presence, or that Alice ended up carrying Marisa, but that's just how it fell out. Along with Suika and the mutant Chen, that's something of a motley troupe. Given you're hauling a whole bunch of boxes along, you might be a little bit of a spectacle.

Well, Suika's Collaring goes off without a hitch, anyway. C's... You'd decided to set the collar at her adult size. Sam's estimation, however, is that with her current size and age, she'll end up first bulking to the size of a large dog in the next growth period, and from there to somewhere between the size of a large dog and a pony or horse, give or take a little. It gives you a couple reservations, but in the end you decide to go ahead with it, if only to get her collaring out of the way now, when you can have a discount for it, rather than later. Paying 12M is definitely preferable to paying 22, and all.

"Whas' collar for?" Suika asks, not seeming sure of its purpose.

"It's a mark of ownership. Letting people know you belong to someone, and aren't up for grabs." You explain.

"... Nyehehe... Too fasht t' decide that. Shuika still isn' done growin', an Shuika'll only get shtronger~"

"That's as may be. But I'll still win, anyway, so there's no problem with getting things done in advance, for a foregone conclusion."

Suika shrugs as Sam pats Chen's back, collar fixed into place, and sees you all out.

Putting some effort into the hauling, afterward, gets you to the spot with just enough time to catch your breath before you see the landlord strolling down the way. With the exchange of money and a brief conversation, he turns over the keys amiably, and wishes you good luck with your ventures... Along with a reminder that he'll be by to collect rent from you weekly, every seventh day. So, after today, the rent won't come due here again until... Day 20, and then Day 27 after that, and so on unless you let him know that a certain span would be your final week to rent the location. In which case, rent would end, but he would come at the end to collect the keys, and if anything was still left inside... that would just be a shame.

For the moment, all of the boxes of appliances and things get put in the storage room in the back. Ancelin has located an old broom, and is working her way through the entire area, sweeping up what dust has gathered from disuse, and you locate a board without much trouble to set over the empty spaces of the counter where the ice-cream buckets would normally go. It's not the prettiest solution, but that can come later. The Chen are loafing around a little in one of the swept areas, as Alice and Tenshi peer around with interest.

"Thoughts?" You ask Marisa.

"It's an easy place!" Is her quick reply....

She isn't focused on the interior of the soon-to-be cafe, though. What she's looking at seems to be the park outside, with its only mildly regulated greenery and trees. .... Yeah, come to think of it, the park would be a pretty ideal place for wild yukkuri moving into the City, that don't intend to hunt for food by robbing trash sacks for easy sweets. Initially, anyway.

Yeah, looking back, there were stretches in your childhood where your mother just seemed to decide on a whim that you weren't allowed to go play in the park at all, and you would have to resign yourself to other means of entertainment. They fairly well correspond to the patterns of migration into the city, and end roughly in time with mass exterminations. Well, that explains that, you guess. Not that you were looking to solve that mystery, or had even recalled the youthful situation at all until just now, but still.

Doesn't seem like there's too much more to do here but wait for the delivery of furniture to arrive.

---

10:42 AM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 42723
[x] Get everyone's opinions on the place, and have them explore the place.
[x] If the Chens can smell another yukkuri, have them warn you. They can explore the outside for a bit too, but can't go to far, and are to return if a human tries to trouble them/harm them.
[x] Observe the outside while you wait.

You guys. You are too quick to collar everyone. Let them grow, damnit. Once they reach adult size, they don't grow much anymore, almost coming to a halt.

These damn collars completely prevent any further growth coming from belief. Now there's no way we can get Chen-C to grow to a horse's size and ride her around the city.
>> No. 42724
>>42723
If one tried to ride Chen-C like a horse, the weight would break her legs, if not her back as well. Horses happen to have these useful things called bones.

[x] Go around the outside of the building with Marisa. Have her point out anything she would use to get inside.
[x] Show the workers the various important places: storage, counter, etc.
[x] May as well see if Chen-C can smell any yukkuri in the park.
[x] Leave Maid looking over the cafe and bring back Suika, Chen-C, and Marisa-B.
[x] Order a dozen of each City Bake product.
[x] Spend the remaining time thinking about pricing.
-[x] City Bake prices (no bulk discounts) for food from there.
-[x] 1M plain coffee, 1.5M cream coffee, 2M flavored coffee.

We really need to do pricing. I've suggested some prices, but I don't believe anybody else has commented.
>> No. 42725
[x] Go around the outside of the building with Marisa. Have her point out anything she would use to get inside.
[x] Show the workers the various important places: storage, counter, etc.
[x] May as well see if Chen-C can smell any yukkuri in the park.
[x] Leave Maid looking over the cafe and bring back Suika, Chen-C, and Marisa-B.
[x] Order a dozen of each City Bake product.
[x] Spend the remaining time thinking about pricing.
-[x] City Bake prices (no bulk discounts) for food from there.
-[x] 1M plain coffee, 1.5M cream coffee, 2M flavored coffee.

This seems like a fair enough pricing scheme for now, and buying from City Bake is a lot cheaper than Lolita Lace Delights for the time being. It won't turn much of a profit for the time being, but should be good for getting our cafe off the ground. Once we've become more well known and have some established regular customers, then we can branch into more expensive treats.
>> No. 42726
[x] Go around the outside of the building with Marisa. Have her point out anything she would use to get inside.
[x] Show the workers the various important places: storage, counter, etc.
[x] May as well see if Chen-C can smell any yukkuri in the park.
[x] Leave Maid looking over the cafe and bring back Suika, Chen-C, and Marisa-B.
[x] Order a dozen of each City Bake product.
[x] Spend the remaining time deciding pricing.
-[x] City Bake prices (no bulk discounts) plus 1M, for food from there.
-[x] 1M plain coffee, 1.5M cream coffee, 2M flavored coffee.

Part of the stuff people are getting is the whole 'served by yukkuris' thing, so a minor increase from City Bake could probably work.
>> No. 42728
[x] Go around the outside of the building with Marisa. Have her point out anything she would use to get inside.
[x] Show the workers the various important places: storage, counter, etc.
[x] May as well see if Chen-C can smell any yukkuri in the park.
[x] Leave Maid looking over the cafe and bring back Suika, Chen-C, and Marisa-B.
[x] Order a dozen of each City Bake product.
[x] Spend the remaining time deciding pricing.
-[x] City Bake prices (no bulk discounts) plus 1M, for food from there.
-[x] 1M plain coffee, 1.5M cream coffee, 2M flavored coffee.
>> No. 42729
File 13334104791.png - (22.55KB , 1027x543 , Current.png ) [iqdb]
42729
You go ahead and take Marisa on a walk around the outside of the building.

The first, obvious points of entry she points out are the doors. They're meant to let things through, though, and they don't really count. After moving her thoughts along to what she would do if she really wanted to get inside, but the doors wouldn't open, the next obvious thing is to get a pebble and throw it at the window in the front until it breaks.

That's... more or less exactly as you expected, really. But the front window is another really obvious point of entry, provided they can get up that high to get in once it's broken..

She also notices the three small bathroom windows, though.

.... They're kind of high up and out of the way, though. You're doubtful about whatever risk might be involved. Sure, a normal sized yukkuri could pass through that kind of space, but does she really think she could get up there? ... It seems like she has her doubts, herself. She seems insistent, though, that if she was really hungry and could smell food inside, she would feel she at least had to try.

Well, it's not a huge matter one way or the other. The doors, the main window, or any of the smaller windows. During off hours, the food would all be stored in the storage room with no way in except through its door, and no access from the outside. The worst things might end up is with you having to replace glass, suddenly, and stray yukkuri having found themselves inside but still unable to get at food.

.... Which isn't to say that that's an ideal situation, but compared to having to replace a window and a sweets stockpile, it's definitely better than it could be.

Well, with things determined, you show the original three, plus Suika since you suppose it would be a waste not to have her working too once she hits adult age, around the building. They seem to get a decent grasp of the differences between public and private portions of the cafe, and that the restroom in the back is the one for staff use, as well as being introduced to the area food will be stored in. Currently holding the boxes, so it isn't like it's that much of a stretch...

Well, in any case, they seem to be familiarizing themselves well with things. You'll have to set up a few more things of course... You think about it as you walk Chen C around in the park across the street a little, not going too far, but letting her sniff around for anything that might be found.

For the moment, it's just a plethora of small birds and squirrels, though she takes some pleasure in snapping one up that gets too close and accidentally entered pouncing range. You note, after, when you have to pluck an errant feather from between her teeth for her, that they're somehow a fair bit pointier than you remember them being the last time you paid attention to little details like that. Seems like her body is still shifting into a final state, bit by bit, with every stage of growth...

Well, a dozen of everything from the cheaper bakery should be enough to start, and it will total out to 128M. A bit painful at this point, given funding, but doable. Coffee prices themselves are easily decided: One, one and a half, and two for black, cream, and flavored cream coffee. Prices for the sweets, though... you're a little split as to whether you should offer things at the standard bakery rate, or if you should bump the price up slightly.

Well, you'll have time to think about it a little. Chen still hasn't noticed anything, so it's probably a good time to grab the other two and head b-

Oh. That truck is... the delivery people, it looks like, turning around the corner there. Well, you can't really leave Ancelin to handle this alone, exactly. They're kind of earlier than you expected though, with the last time you had something delivered not arriving until later in the day.

---

11:59 AM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 42730
[x] Greet them with Ancelin. Hopefully, they are who they are supposed to be.
[x] Get all the stuff inside.
-[x] Install everything and put the tables and their respective set of 4 chairs in an organized order, with a confortable space between the tables and open way to the bathrooms.
>> No. 42731
[x] Greet them with Ancelin. Hopefully, they are who they are supposed to be.
[x] Get all the stuff inside.
-[x] Install everything and put the tables and their respective set of 4 chairs in an organized order, with a confortable space between the tables and open way to the bathrooms.

Did we ever get any advertising out? We need to determine times and date of opening and start telling people about our store.
>> No. 42733
>>42731

Day 15 is a good day. We setup things up today, Day 13, take part on the event on Day 14, and then open for business on day 15.
>> No. 42734
[x] Go out and greet them.
[x] Get the stuff inside with their help. Just because you have a super-strong maid doesn't mean you have to call attention to it.
>> No. 42735
File 133341314889.png - (22.91KB , 1027x543 , Current.png ) [iqdb]
42735
Handing over all of that money to these people is kind of... well, almost physically painful, to tell the truth. And as it happens, you almost didn't need to have Ancelin make herself up, since it's pretty obvious through the entire exchange that their eyes never rise above her bustline.

Everything checks out and seems to be in order, though, and they help you unload the furniture from the truck, at least, if not actually inside. You hint that you wouldn't mind the aid, and they hint in return that they would really like a fairly substantial tip for putting that much effort into this job, since it would take a while. You consider it, and really, you don't want their help that badly at this point. Eight tables and four chairs per table adding up to thirty two: All accounted for.

Handshakes are exchanged, and the delivery folk drive off on their way.

.... Leaving you with the difficult part of hauling all of this stuff inside and arranging it properly.

Well, no help for it. It'll take a bit, but this is more or less what you set today aside for, and Ancelin is more than happy to help. You assume. She doesn't seem upset about being put to hard labor, at least.

You might have misjudged either the size of these tables or how much floor space there is to work with: it's actually really simple to set the tables up in two rows of four, towards the sides, and still leave room for every chair to slide in and out easily, as well as sparing room for a particularly large walkway right through the dining area and directly to the restrooms, for customer convenience.

.... You could probably fit twice as many as you have in here, easily. Well, there's no need to rush, of course. It's not like you have the money for more furnishings after this, anyway, and the current situation is probably fine.

In any case, while it was 'simple' to move these things in and set them in the right order... it was also fairly time consuming, sweaty work. Your stitches itch a little, though the shoulder doesn't really hurt from it. Probably healing nicely, then. ... And that reminds you, you have to get those threads taken out at some point. It's probably not too hard, though.

.... It suddenly dawns on you that you could have probably called Frank and had him come over to help with this. Well, no help for that now.

---

2:49 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 42737
[x] All done and ready? Anything eft to do? If yes, then do it. If not, go take a walk around the park first, before leaving.
-[x] If you do take a walk, Let's have a game of pretend. Have Ancelin breath/blink and hold her hand.
[x] Warn the bakery about what you want, and that you need it for Day 15 early morning.
[x] Go home.
>> No. 42738
[x] Do anything that needs doing.
[x] Don't go on a pretend date with the zombie maid.
[x] Head back home.

How long have the stitches been in?
>> No. 42740
[x] Warn the bakery about what you want, and that you need it for Day 15 early morning.
[x] Do whatever else needs doing.
[x] Contemplate going to a doctor.
[x] Go home.

Stitches have been in for around 5.75 days, should be time to get them out soon...
>> No. 42741
>>42738
Normal, medical stitches can be kept safely inside your body for up to 14 days. After that it is recommended for you to return to the doctor for further analysis.
>> No. 42743
[x] Warn the bakery about what you want, and that you need it for Day 15 early morning.
[x] Do whatever else needs doing.
[x] Go home.
>> No. 42745
File 13334203934.jpg - (156.77KB , 850x1221 , vague relation.jpg ) [iqdb]
42745
Alright. Now there isn't much left to do. Just setting up equipment, coffee maker and lamps can go here in the front, microwave and toaster in the back area, cash register sitting right smartly on the counter.... all the cardboard boxes can sit in the storage area, still, until you either need them for later or have decided to throw them away.

You lock up and head back, Suika hitching a lacy ride on Chen C. The others seem a bit too heavy for her to carry, or in the case of Marisa, too likely to fall off, to join her.

And that's that. For the moment, you're done with the place, though of course there's still work to be done.

You drop the girls off on the way to the Bakery, not wanting to possibly cause a fuss by stationing so many of them right outside. .... It's not until you're nearly there that you realize Ancelin didn't head back into the apartment with them, and that she's been silently walking in your footsteps, just about two or three paces behind you, this whole way.

Well, there's not much to be done about it now, you don't expect this to take very long.

Jess is being rather aggressively fondled by Alex, from behind as you enter, his time taken up with nibbling at the side of her throat and otherwise making rubbing and grinding motions.

"Haaah... Stooop it, Alex." She complains. "I can't go on break right now, I have.... look, there's a customer, you'll have to wait."

Irritation is clear and present on his face as he looks up. Then, his eyes pass over you as inconsequential and on to Ancelin, and it's replaced with fairly obvious jealous lust. You don't see why, as Jess is equally curved, if anything. Even so.

"I'm here to place an order." You say.

"Yeah, alright, just a- hands off Alex, customer- second, alright. ... This your girlfriend?"

"I'll order a dozen of everything on this list, at the rates your manager gave. I'm sure he informed you? Delivered to this location at.... eight AM sharp, the day after tomorrow. Cash on delivery." You say, rather than answering.

"Yeah, alright, that won't be a problem." She says, jotting a note down. "Nothing else?"

"That will be all." You agree, turning to go.

"Right. And all right Alex, if nobody comes in I can hang up the sign in a... Alex?"

"Yeah, hold on toots, gotta talk to this guy." Alex says, hand coming down on your shoulder in a slightly too-friendly fashion.

You frown at him, and after a moment he too-casually removes his hand with an oily grin.

"My bad. You're big on the personal space thing. No big. But I got a deal for you. You see Jess, my girl? Nice, ain't she? .... I'll let you fuck her, if you let me fuck yours, bro." He says, coming to the point sharply.

"I'm not interested." You snap, before Jess has the time to look more than a little startled at the offer.

... You're a bit surprised yourself, that Head-voice came through with your vocal cords, there. You know you weren't really interested in the offer, but you figured that guy would have been all for something like this.

You don't 'share' what's yours with garbage like this. Not so much as pocket lint, much less this one.

... Alex has a moment to look surprised at the rejection. Then he's clearly infuriated.

"... You greedy cunt." he almost snarls. "I'm not just offering to let the whore give you a blow out back, mate, don't just brush me off like that. What, something wrong with my bitch, here?"

.... You would think Jess would look more frustrated than this. Instead of just seeming mostly annoyed at the confrontation, and being treated as no more than a reusable sex object. You guess that this isn't an entirely uncommon occurence.

But either way, you and the Head Voice are in an unusual agreement on this, though most likely for entirely different reasons. 'Sharing' Ancelin is not an option.

---

3:32 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 42747
[X] "It's called respect for sapient beings. Learn it sometime."

... Yeah, probably a bit ruder than necessary.
>> No. 42749
[x]I don't share what's mine. I don't treat my treasures like trash like you do."
>> No. 42750
[x]"Fuck off guy, not interested in your offer."
-[x] "I don't want any problems, but stop treating your girlfriend as trash"
-[x] Walk away, he's way below yourself. Don't start a fight but act in defense (Ancelin isn't allowed to kill him, but restrain him)

Not really sure about this, but here goes nothing.
>> No. 42751
[x] Just because his girlfriend doesn't seem to mind him offering her around like a piece of meat doesn't mean every man and woman that walk into the shop have a similar arrangement, or are even romantically involved at all.
[x] Don't get drawn into further argument.
[x] If he tries to touch her or press the issue physically, have Ancelin grab the offending appendage. Have her let him go before she causes any damage.
[x] Nothing ruder than absolutely necessary.
>> No. 42752
[x]I don't share what's mine. I don't treat my treasures like trash like you do."
>> No. 42753
[x] Just because his girlfriend doesn't seem to mind him offering her around like a piece of meat doesn't mean every man and woman that walk into the shop have a similar arrangement, or are even romantically involved at all.
[x] Don't get drawn into further argument.
[x] If he tries to touch her or press the issue physically, have Ancelin grab the offending appendage. Have her let him go before she causes any damage.
[x] Nothing ruder than absolutely necessary.
>> No. 42754
>>42745
[X] There's nothing wrong with the woman. The problem is that you think I share your belief that women are objects. My friend is not an object, nor is she a bitch.

If he decides to get violent we may be able to twist the situation to get a discount by claiming we got assaulted on the store's property, and raising a fuss about it.We may also inadvertently cause the woman in question to suddenly decide she wants respect.

Once we get home we should
[X] Look up yukkuri which can fly and see which ones have the strength to get through the glass or carry rocks to throw. If there are a large amount we should look into buying window shutters for the bathrooms.
[X] Find some time to workout since we can't risk losing to a yukkuri.
Maybe go jogging/running with chen, along with the orthodox routine: push-ups, sit-ups, and lifting weights.
>> No. 42756
Let's not imply that Ancelin is our property. I mean, she is and all, but the vast majority of non-pastry woman-shaped things shouldn't be treated as property.

[X] There's nothing wrong with the woman. The problem is that you think I share your belief that women are objects. My friend is not an object, nor is she a bitch.
[x] Just because his girlfriend doesn't seem to mind him offering her around like a piece of meat doesn't mean every man and woman that walk into the shop have a similar arrangement, or are even romantically involved at all.
[x] Don't get drawn into further argument.
[x] If he tries to touch her or press the issue physically, have Ancelin grab the offending appendage. Have her let him go before she causes any damage.
[x] Nothing ruder than absolutely necessary.
[x] Not >>42749.
>> No. 42759
[X] There's nothing wrong with the woman. The problem is that you think I share your belief that women are objects. My friend is not an object, nor is she a bitch.
[x] Just because his girlfriend doesn't seem to mind him offering her around like a piece of meat doesn't mean every man and woman that walk into the shop have a similar arrangement, or are even romantically involved at all.
[x] Don't get drawn into further argument.
[x] If he tries to touch her or press the issue physically, have Ancelin grab the offending appendage. Have her let him go before she causes any damage.
[x] Nothing ruder than absolutely necessary.
[x] Not >>42749.

Agreed.
>> No. 42760
>>42754
Hey hey hey. Do not plan manipulations like that. If it happens, good for us. If not, do not force it, it's an instant recipe for dislike.

Also, I'll change the answer a bit. It seems to imply something about Jess. Not sure how she'll take it. And I'm not sure if we want Ancelin to grab him. He may feel that something is wrong with her (like being strangely cold). Or she could crush him before we can tell her to stop.

[x] A guy and a girl walk in and the first thing you ask is if you can screw the girl in exchange of letting us screw another, nevermind how both girls feel about it? Then you call us greedy when we feel insulted about it? What the hell is wrong with you?
[x] Don't get drawn into further argument.
[x] If he tries to touch her or press the issue physically, remind him of manners.
[x] Nothing ruder than absolutely necessary.
>> No. 42761
[X] There's nothing wrong with the woman. The problem is that you think I share your belief that women are objects. My friend is not an object, nor is she a bitch.
[x] Just because his girlfriend doesn't seem to mind him offering her around like a piece of meat doesn't mean every man and woman that walk into the shop have a similar arrangement, or are even romantically involved at all.
[x] "Besides, I don't share what's mine. I don't treat my treasures like trash like you do."

No reason to not have both reasonings. Women like a man who respects her, while being the boss.
>> No. 42762
[X] There's nothing wrong with the woman. The problem is that you think I share your belief that women are objects. My friend is not an object, nor is she a bitch.
[x] Just because his girlfriend doesn't seem to mind him offering her around like a piece of meat doesn't mean every man and woman that walk into the shop have a similar arrangement, or are even romantically involved at all.
[x] Don't get drawn into further argument.
[x] If he tries to touch her or press the issue physically, have Ancelin grab the offending appendage. Have her let him go before she causes any damage.
[x] Nothing ruder than absolutely necessary.
[x] Not >>42749.

As snappy of a line as >>42749 is, it implies either ownership or romantic affiliation.
>> No. 42764
>>42762

But John owns the maid.

[x] There's nothing wrong with the woman. The problem is that you think I share your belief that women are objects. My friend is not an object, nor is she a bitch.
[x] Just because his girlfriend doesn't seem to mind him offering her around like a piece of meat doesn't mean every man and woman that walk into the shop have a similar arrangement, or are even romantically involved at all.
[x] "Besides, I don't share what's mine. I don't treat my treasures like trash like you do."

I like this the most. Kinda like turning John into an Alpha.
>> No. 42765
File 133342585546.jpg - (474.29KB , 1072x1500 , not too related.jpg ) [iqdb]
42765
"... Really. There's nothing wrong with her... the problem is you. You're going to assume that just because you can't do any better than a woman who isn't interested in objecting to being passed about like a left-over piece of steak-"

That might have come off a touch ruder than you intended, to both of them.

There's a fist floating about an inch in front of your right eye, slowly moving away as Ancelin makes a low, drawn out, very dangerous noise.

By the way he's gasping and scrabbling at her grip, face suddenly going white from mingled shock and pain, you guess that there's... about three seconds more before she rips the offending limb free at the shoulder. Which, while you can't say you wouldn't enjoy watching the piece of shit whimper and cry as he clutched at the gaping hole, would bring some problems of its own.

"Ancelin." You interrupt, flatly. "There's no need to cripple him. Leaving him to dwell on his own idiocy is obviously punishment enough."

She seems to consider this for a moment, then shoves a little as she lets go. Alex goes sprawling, groaning a little as he rubs at his arm.

"You'll have my order ready on time, I trust?" You say, and leave without a further word at the saleswoman's subdued assent.

You take a deep, calming breath as you begin the walk back, Ancelin still shadowing you. ... You would almost consider pawning off the wrestling-Suika duties onto her... if, to start, you could get the mental image of her accidentally tearing Suika in half out of your mind. Suika's strong and tough, but... not that strong and tough.

For another thing, it would be problematic if she started regarding Ancelin as 'the boss' or anything along those lines. Just a huge headache waiting to happen, that's better off avoided. No, it's just for a few more days, you can keep her in line yourself for that long.

---

3:40 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 42767
[x] Walking behind you is a little off, have Ancelin walk by your side.
-[x] Even if she might or might not be sentient, thank her for her help.
[x] Anything more to do? No? Head back home.
-[x] Consider training yourself, if the trend of being put in dangerous situations will keep, then you should be fitter.
-[x] Nothing rough in your arm, tho.

Hey, does anyone remember if we already ordered the coffee grounds, the cups, plates and stuff?
>> No. 42768
>>42767

Yes, already ordered.

[x] Anything more to do? No? Head back home.
[x] Walking behind you is a little off, have Ancelin walk by your side.
-[x] Thank her for her help. You might have to reward her when you get home, for her services. She does seem to show some emotion, sometimes.
>> No. 42770
[x] Go home.
[x] Have Ancelin walk by your side. Hold hands for increased affection.
-[x] Thank her for her help. You might have to reward her when you get home, for her services. She does seem to show some emotion, sometimes.

We need a day to remove the stiches.
>> No. 42771
[x] Anything more to do? No? Head back home.
[x] Have Ancelin walk by your side. Hold hands for increased affection.
-[x] Thank her for her help. You might have to reward her when you get home, for her services. She does seem to show some emotion, sometimes.
>> No. 42773
[x] Walking behind you is a little off, have Ancelin walk by your side.
-[x] Even if she might or might not be sentient, thank her for her help.
-[x] Don't hold hands.
[x] Anything more to do? No? Head back home.
>> No. 42775
[x] Walking behind you is a little off, have Ancelin walk by your side.
-[x] Even if she might or might not be sentient, thank her for her help.
-[x] Don't hold hands.
[x] Buy a rose for Alyssa.
[x] Anything more to do? No? Head back home.

The maid has even less of a mind than a yukkuri.
>> No. 42776
[x] Walking behind you is a little off, have Ancelin walk by your side. Hold hands for increased affection.
-[x] Thank her for her help. You might have to reward her when you get home, for her services. She does seem to show some emotion.
[x] Anything more to do? No? Head back home.

Undead maid moe~. Reposted to include hand holding.
>> No. 42777
[x] Walking behind you is a little off, have Ancelin walk by your side.
-[x] Even if she might or might not be sentient, thank her for her help.
-[x] Don't hold hands.
[x] Anything more to do? No? Head back home.
>> No. 42779
>>42771
here. Not keen on getting the rose because of money reasons, but why not.

[x] Buy a rose for Alyssa.
>> No. 42780
[x] Walking behind you is a little off, have Ancelin walk by your side.
-[x] Even if she might or might not be sentient, thank her for her help.
-[x] Don't hold hands. Don't talk about reward sex.
[x] Buy a rose for Alyssa.
[x] Anything more to do? No? Head back home.

Dudes. The maid doesn't have emotions, or close enough to make little to no difference. Meanwhile, Alyssa does.
>> No. 42782
>>42779
>>42775 here. While I don't agree with you on the handholding thing, it's good that we do agree on something.

I'm fairly certain that a single flower shouldn't run us that much. In fact, if the park is fancy enough, we might be able to get one for free!
>> No. 42783
[x] Walking behind you is a little off, have Ancelin walk by your side.
-[x] Even if she might or might not be sentient, thank her for her help.
-[x] Don't hold hands. Don't talk about reward sex.
[x] Buy a rose for Alyssa.
-[x] Apologize for not getting anything more, but most of your resources are tied up in opening your business at the moment.
[x] Anything more to do? No? Head back home.
[x] Look into bullet-resistant windows. Almost certainly too expensive for the benefits it would give, but won't hurt to look real quick.
>> No. 42784
>>42783
Most storefronts have a metal covering or retractable grating in a city setting right? Are we sure this location has any? If not we need to look into getting some. (i'm not sure if it was mentioned earlier)
>> No. 42786
[x] Walking behind you is a little off, have Ancelin walk by your side.
-[x] Even if she might or might not be sentient, thank her for her help.
[x] Buy a rose for Alyssa.
-[x] Apologize for not getting anything
more, but most of your resources are tied
up in opening your business at the
moment.
[x] Anything more to do? No? Head back
home.
[x] Look into bullet-resistant windows.
>> No. 42787
[x] Walking behind you is a little off, have Ancelin walk by your side.
-[x] Even if she might or might not be sentient, thank her for her help.
-[x] Don't hold hands. Don't talk about reward sex.
[x] Buy a rose for Alyssa.
-[x] Apologize for not getting anything more, but most of your resources are tied up in opening your business at the moment.
[x] Anything more to do? No? Head back home.
[x] Look into bullet-resistant windows.
>> No. 42788
>>42780

Not exactly like that. The maid has ben showing feeling repeatedly, even if still faint. If I am to take a guess, I'd say she is slowly regainning her conscience.

[x] Walking behind you is a little off, have Ancelin walk by your side. Hold hands for increased affection.
-[x] Thank her for her help. You might have to reward her when you get home, for her services. She does seem to show some emotion.
[x] Anything more to do? No? Head back home.
>> No. 42789
[x] Walking behind you is a little off, have Ancelin walk by your side. Hold hands for increased affection.
-[x] Thank her for her help.
[x] Anything more to do? No? Head back home.
[x] Look into bullet-resistant windows.
>> No. 42790
[x]Just head home, you want to make sure the others got back safely.
>> No. 42791
[x] Walking behind you is a little off, have Ancelin walk by your side. Hold hands for increased affection.
-[x] Thank her for her help. You might have to reward her when you get home, for her services. She does seem to show some emotion.
[x] Anything more to do? No? Head back home.
>> No. 42793
Guys... There IS something more to do.

[x] Walking behind you is a little off, have Ancelin walk by your side. Hold hands for increased affection.
-[x] Thank her for her help.
[x] Anything more to do?
-[x] Check juice box prices for the cafe. Milk too while you're at it.

Because we do need more choices.

And now that I think about it... won't we need to decorate the place? Not sure just cleaning will cut it. We at least need something at the front to announce the place's name.
>> No. 42794
>>42793

Let's worry abour decoration when we have money, alright?

[x] Buy more ration, then head home.
[x] Walking behind you is a little off, have Ancelin walk by your side. Hold hands for increased affection.
-[x] Thank her for her help. You might have to reward her when you get home, for her services. She does seem to show some emotion.
>> No. 42798
>>42797
That's a pretty exhaustive experiment protocol.

>>42767
Here, adding:
[x] Go buy more cereal, you're running low.
[x] Get a nice flower for Alyssa if money permits.
>> No. 42801
File 133346833096.jpg - (387.67KB , 1280x1024 , Science at its best.jpg ) [iqdb]
42801
This is rather late, making it somewhat off topic now, but whatever.

Regarding hybrids, it’s likely that activated yukkuri paste contains compounds not present in human semen, or in ordinary yukkuri paste, bean paste, custard, or what have you. Said compounds likely play a large role in influencing whether or not fertilization occurs, so this will outline a method for identifying these compounds. There should probably be an acid digestion bath in here somewhere, but this outline should be sufficient for now.

Possible analytes: activated paste, yukkuri paste, non-yukkuri paste (normal food substance).
Possible solvents (starter list): deionized water (DI), methanol, acetone, hexane, toluene

Add 3 mL of analyte to a 125 mL boiling flask and dilute with 47 mL of solvent. Sonicate for several minutes, then add a stir bar and connect a reflux condenser to the boiling flask. Boil gently for 15 minutes while stirring at 200 rpm, then allow the solution to cool to room temperature. Pour out an equal volume of the solution into two 50 mL centrifuge tubes, and sonicate the tubes if undissolved material is present.

Centrifuge both tubes at 3000 rpm for 10 minutes, then pour off most of the fluid into a 100 mL volumetric flask using a funnel. Use a pipette to transfer the remaining fluid into the flask, leaving behind any undissolved solids. Add solvent to the 100 mL mark, then invert multiple times to ensure mixing of the solution, henceforth called Solution A. The boiling and centrifuging steps pull compounds that are soluble in the solvents out of the analyte, so that they can be detected.

Dilute 1 mL of solution A to about 40 mL in a 50 mL volumetric flask to obtain solution B, and shake vigorously before diluting to the 50 mL mark. Repeat using 1 mL of solution B, placing it into a second 50 mL flask to obtain solution C. Rinse a cuvette with the solvent and perform UV/visible spectroscopy to obtain a background absorption spectrum. Empty the cuvette and rinse with solution C, then take a spectrum; if no peaks are visible, rinse and repeat with solution B, then A. This shows which wavelengths are absorbed by the compounds within the solvent, and we use this information in the next step.

Perform high pressure liquid chromatography using the solution that yielded peaks in the previous step. Use a 50% hexane/50% toluene eluent for a hexane or toluene solvent, a 50% DI/50% methanol solution for a DI or methanol solvent, and a 50% methanol/50% acetone eluent for an acetone solvent. Perform multiple runs, one for each peak detected by the UV/visible spectroscopy; peaks occurring at the same elution time (with the same solvent) correspond to the same compound. Look for peaks in the activated yukkuri paste that aren’t present in either of the other analytes.

From here, different extraction methods could be performed on the activated paste’s Solution A with the intent of isolating unique compounds. Once isolated, IR, NMR, and mass spectrometry, as well as a sodium fusion test, can be performed to determine the compounds’ chemical identity. The compounds can be synthesized, and injected before/with semen in the proper concentration to increase the chance of fertilization.
>> No. 42803
>>42794
No offense, but that's very, very foolish. First impression is everything in this kind of business. No decorations mean potential clients come in, see how bland the place it and walk out without buying anything. And they will never come back.

Sure, yukkuris are the theme here and having a number of them around will help set in a nice atmosphere. But more is needed if we want this to get regulars fast.
>> No. 42804
>>42801
or it could just be MAGICAL MAGIC THINGS and then none of that matters

just sayin
>> No. 42805
>>42803

The thing is, can we even pay for decorations?
>> No. 42806
I have a minor suspicion of votespam.

I mean, I don't want to be all VOTESPAM VOTESPAM VOTESPAM whenever the vote happens to be something I don't like, but I'm suspicious. That's all I'm saying.
>> No. 42807
File 133347935757.png - (401.99KB , 777x1087 , 7d49d3991c1635237c1847b7959d80fd03b7d181.png ) [iqdb]
42807
You keep it quick and to the point, but Ancelin still seems vaguely baffled by your quick thanks.

Seems like 'gratitude' is another thing she's unused to, to the point of being an alien concept. ... Assuming she actually understands anything of what you're saying or doing, anyway. She's already baffled somewhat by gratitude, it takes her several steps before it seems to click that she's supposed to be holding your hand in turn, and not just leaving it sit there.

Her hands are, of course, cold, but her grip is firm.

You don't talk 'rewards'. It doesn't stop you contemplating them. Rewards of intimacy are, of course, probably not the way to go here. There's probably something else you can do, though, and she seemed at least fairly amused with 'writing', even though things ended up a formless blob made up of squiggles.

The thought of picking up a rose crosses your mind, but they're pretty expensive for flowers, usually, and if you have to get one to sit in a cup of water until it dries out and wilts to brown, then you can pick one up later. It's not like it's an immediately urgent thing.

As you arrive back in the apartment, you discover Marisa having minor issues with her children, and Frank cleaning the floor.

A quick explanation reveals that some of the lazy kids aren't as 'toilet' trained as you had hoped. Outside of the crib, where there's suddenly so much more space, they can end up going further and further from their prepared napkins than they had before, and if they realize they need to go while they're a ways away... it looks like they'll cross up to the amount of space that the crib would normally have left as a maximum distance, to get to the right place before they relieve themselves. But if they happen to be any farther than that, they'll glance that way for a second, then decide it's too much to bother with, and just go wherever they happen to be.

Damn it, you had thought you wouldn't really have to deal with this sort of thing any more, ever. How annoying.

... Ancelin doesn't seem to have clicked right away that walking is done, it's time to let go of hands. You probably have things to do, here.

---

4:04 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 42809
>>42807

Okay, let's take care of the outstanding issues first.
[x] Let Frank finish cleaning up.
We've done our fair share of physical work hauling furniture around, the least he could do is pick up a mop for once.
[x] Ask Ancelin to let go of our hand.
[x] When in doubt, delegate. Let's make toilet training Marisa's issue. It will give her something to do, and we can always step in later.

[x] Put some thought into possible budget interior decoration and advertisment.
I believe the options were radio, newspaper and word of mouth?
In that case, radio is the best option for the limited window we have left before opening. I think the newspaper would have had a better cost to exposure ratio, but that would have required more time for word to properly spread.
[x] Go chat - someone might be interested in knowing about your new cafe, and any advertisment is better than none.

I think that should be all. Do we have any other pressing concerns, other than the coming opening?
>> No. 42811
[x] Let go of hands. Have Ancelin help clean the floor. Give Ancelin a pencil and paper when she finishes.
[x] Remind self exactly which ex-crib children are too lazy to always go to the toilet. If you don't know, ask one of the Factory-descended ones.
-[x] Politely ask these yukkuri to go no further from the toilet than they are prepared to travel if they have to poop.
[x] Have Tenshi teach her Marisas about the space in their hats.
-[x] If the teaching of that goes quickly, fill up the sink and teach them to float on their hats. Supervise them during this.
>> No. 42812
[x] Let go of hands. Have Ancelin help clean the floor. Give Ancelin a pencil and paper when she finishes.
[x] Remind self exactly which ex-crib children are too lazy to always go to the toilet. If you don't know, ask one of the Factory-descended ones.
-[x] Politely ask these yukkuri to go no further from the toilet than they are prepared to travel if they have to poop.
[x] Put some thought into interior decoration.
-[x] If all else fails, you can steal some random items from a junkyard and affix them to the walls.
[x] Have Tenshi teach her Marisas about the space in their hats.
-[x] If the teaching of that goes quickly, fill up the sink and teach them to float on their hats. Supervise them during this.

There's that bonus event tomorrow, so we probably should open the day after. Having Marisa take care of toilet training is a good idea, but her kids are almost adults and could do some serious damage to her.
>> No. 42815
[x] Let go of hands. Have Ancelin help clean the floor. Give Ancelin a pencil and paper when she finishes.
[x] Remind self exactly which ex-crib children are too lazy to always go to the toilet. If you don't know, ask one of the Factory-descended ones.
-[x] Politely ask these yukkuri to go no further from the toilet than they are prepared to travel if they have to poop.
[x] Put some thought into interior decoration.
-[x] If all else fails, you can steal some random items from a junkyard and affix them to the walls.
[x] Have Tenshi teach her Marisas about the space in their hats.
-[x] If the teaching of that goes quickly, fill up the sink and teach them to float on their hats. Supervise them during this.
>> No. 42816
[x] Let Frank finish cleaning up.
[x] Let go of hands. Give Ancelin a pencil and paper to distract herself with.
[x] Remind self exactly which ex-crib children are too lazy to always go to the toilet. If you don't know, ask one of the Factory-descended ones.
-[x] Make toilet training Marisa's issue. It will give her something to do, and we can always step in later.
[x] Have Marisa teach all Marisas about the space in their hats.
-[x] If the teaching of that goes quickly, fill up the sink and teach them to float on their hats. Supervise them during this.
[x] Tell Frank the cafe is ready/almost ready to open. You plan on doing it on day 15.
-[x] Ask him if he knows Jess and her boyfrend. Frank might be interessted in those kind of girls (human and alive).

Don't give extra work to Ancelin. Frank is probably finishing up anyway. Also, let Marisa handle the teaching of the Marisas about Marisa stuffs. She is better suited for that, and the bodied Marisa knows who her real father is.
>> No. 42818
[x] Let go of hands.
[x] If there's still a significant amount of work left, have Ancelin help clean the floor.
[x] Give Ancelin a pencil and paper to distract herself with.
[x] Remind self exactly which ex-crib children are too lazy to always go to the toilet. If you don't know, ask one of the Factory-descended ones.
-[x] Politely ask these yukkuri to go no further from the toilet than they are prepared to travel if they have to poop.
[x] Put some thought into interior decoration.
-[x] If all else fails, you can steal some random items from a junkyard and affix them to the walls.
[x] Have Marisa-B teach all Marisas about the space in their hats.
-[x] If the teaching of that goes quickly, fill up the sink and teach them to float on their hats. Supervise them during this.
[x] Tell Frank the cafe is ready/almost ready to open. You plan on doing it on day 15.

Isn't doing random housework basically the entire point of having Ancelin? Also, we already tried making Marisa's work be keeping her kids in line, and she just freaked out because that meant her kids could invalidate the whole arrangement.
>> No. 42819
[x] Let go of hands.
[x] If there's still a significant amount of work left, have Ancelin help clean the floor.
[x] Give Ancelin a pencil and paper.
[x] Remind self exactly which ex-crib children are too lazy to always go to the toilet. If you don't know, ask one of the Factory-descended ones.
-[x] Politely ask these yukkuri to go no further from the toilet than they are prepared to travel if they have to poop.
[x] Put some thought into interior decoration.
-[x] If all else fails, you can steal some random items from a junkyard and affix them to the walls.
[x] Have Marisa-B teach all Marisas about the space in their hats.
-[x] If the teaching of that goes quickly, fill up the sink and teach them to float on their hats. Supervise them during this.
[x] Ask Frank if he can think of anything else you might need to do or set up before opening the cafe.

This seems pretty fair.
>> No. 42821
So Marisa-A might have a bit of trouble floating, but I devised a way that should help.

[x] Let go of hands.
[x] If there's still a significant amount of work left, have Ancelin help clean the floor.
[x] Give Ancelin a pencil and paper.
[x] Remind self exactly which ex-crib children are too lazy to always go to the toilet. If you don't know, ask one of the Factory-descended ones.
-[x] Politely ask these yukkuri to go no further from the toilet than they are prepared to travel if they have to poop.
[x] Put some thought into interior decoration.
-[x] If all else fails, you can steal some random items from a junkyard and affix them to the walls.
[x] Have Marisa-B teach all Marisas about the space in their hats.
-[x] If the teaching of that goes quickly, fill up the sink and teach them to float on their hats. Supervise them during this.
--[x] Keep an extra close eye on Marisa-A and save her if she's about to tip over (of course, you'd do that for any Marisa, it just bears spelling out for this one). If her body appears to be causing trouble, have it try curling up into the fetal position and tucking its body inside the hat.
[x] Ask Frank if he can think of anything else you might need to do or set up before opening the cafe.
>> No. 42822
[x] Stare long and hard at the lazy yukkuri.
[x] If they do it again, they will be severely punished.
-[x] Talk to Marisa alone. You won't actually hurt anyone as long as she's still doing her part, but the babies need an incentive to not be lazy.

I just want to give them a "Son, I'm disappoint" look.
>> No. 42823
Why spend time teaching the blobs how to float on their hats? Do something more constructive with the time, like more waitress training, or go check out what the local coffee houses charge for cookies and the like.

As for the bodied Marisa? If she wanted to cross a body of water, and didn't have John there with her, she'd look for a bridge or find an actual boat(or, if the situation allows for it, go grab a pair of waterproof boots). Matters of scale will likely prevent her from trying to use her hat as an improvised floatation device as she gets older.
>> No. 42824
[x] Let Frank finish cleaning up.
[x] Let go of hands. Give Ancelin a pencil and paper to distract herself with.
[x] Remind self exactly which ex-crib children are too lazy to always go to the toilet. If you don't know, ask one of the Factory-descended ones.
-[x] Make toilet training Marisa's issue. It will give her something to do, and we can always step in later.
[x] Have Marisa teach all Marisas about the space in their hats.
-[x] If the teaching of that goes quickly, fill up the sink and teach them to float on their hats. Supervise them during this.
[x] Tell Frank the cafe is ready/almost ready to open. You plan on doing it on day 15.

>>42801
Error correction: use pyridine instead of hexane; the latter is identical to toluene for the purpose of this experiment. Also, heat to 70 degrees C or boiling, whichever comes first. Otherwise, certain compounds may be denatured or react with the solvent.
>>42804
Or it could rely on chemistry to some extent, in which case your point is moot. Just saying.
>> No. 42825
File 133349227934.jpg - (842.00KB , 880x1372 , meh close enough.jpg ) [iqdb]
42825
It takes a few moments to convince her fingers to release yours. Matters are wiped up quickly after that, though, and you stuff a few pieces of paper and a pencil in Ancelin's hands with the vague instructions of 'practice writing or something, do whatever you want with these, I have things to do'.

Quick inspection determines that the ones that seem to have isses are, so far, only the trio of Marisa 2, 3, and Reimu 5. You give them a quick, but stern lecture, but even in the face of your and their parents (mildly panic-stricken) disapproval, they don't seem to quite grasp why they have to stay near the 'smelly place' where they're supposed to relieve themselves.

Or, for that matter, the fact that if they keep doing it wherever they want, unless someone else cleans up after them, there won't be anywhere left to go to get away from the 'smelly places'.

It's frustrating, but as it happens, all of Marisa and Reimu's children together are already Adult, in size if not in maturity, and so you have strong doubts that even if you set her to it, she could keep all of her children under control herself, with every last one of them being nearly the size she is. Or, in the case of the Buri, significantly larger. Though given their general placidity, they thankfully don't seem to wander around and get in trouble of their own volition anyway.

You aren't sure you have to bother too much with interior decoration. There's already a decent wallpaper and whatnot inside... maybe throw up a painting or two somewhere, if you can get ahold of some. You aren't really certain where to look, though. As for 'open for business' things, there was an... easel-y thing and small chalkboard sitting around in the back, that you guess was used to scrawl out special offers of the day or something. And one of those 'Yes, we're Open' things you hang on the inside of the door.

For the moment, you think that should be enough to at least let pedestrians be aware that you're actively working. Won't advertise much further than 'people walking by', of course, but just as a note that business is ocurring...

Well, anyway, Marisa has already taught all the ex-crib-yu about the Marisa hat trick for storage. There hasn't been much real need or use for the ability, of course, but they learned it through their growth. You leave her with instructions to instruct the others, and quickly alert Frank to the current plan and the arrival of sweets to come. He doesn't have anything to complain about, and though the two of you knock ideas around for a few minutes, nothing jumps out at him that might be 'missing' from things.

He does request, though, that he not be required to get up too early, if you need to swap shifts with just one person on duty at a time.

You can't promise him that. Though it does open up the question of what hours you want to be open and working, which you haven't decided upon. A quick glance through the kitchen shows that you've forgotten entirely about the hot chocolate you went and specifically bought, too... you tentatively price a cup of that at half an M, following your general pattern of drink pricing, unless you think of something better.

In the meanwhile, Marisa is apparently a little surprised that all of Tenshi's lot seem to have picked up the hat-trick right away. ... You aren't sure why they wouldn't, of course. After all, it's not that convoluted of a concept. Put thing in hat. Take thing back out. Really not hard.

Well, whatever. You move along to floating training.

It's a big sink, but it can only fit so many at once, particularly of adult-sized yukkuri. As such, this takes longer than you'd prefer, but as they can't really hop quickly out of the sink if they screw up and fall in while practicing, unlike the shallow streams you guess they would generally practice on as they grow, you kind of have to stick around to fish them out and wipe the water off from time to time.

Seems to be mostly a matter of balance, though the fact that the Adult sized ones are only starting to learn this as adults seems to make things a little more difficult for them. There are quite a few splashing accidents, but nobody starts to dissolve or anything, so orange juice doesn't come into play.

Individually, though, they still all catch on to the trick of it reasonably quickly, with some variance, despite that as a whole the exercise seems to drag on for fucking forever.

... Well, with one exception, though.

Marisa A just can't get the knack of it herself, no matter what is tried. Even curled up as tightly as she can, seated in the hat, it just slowly drags down into the water and then capsizes. It looks like this is a bust, for her: humanoid bodies just aren't as capable of something like this as blobs, and while her hat is fairly large by comparison to the ratio of the rest of theirs to their heads... it's not supporting just a head.

Well, she seems a little unhappy from the failure, but it's not like it's a vitally important skill for her anyway, and she perks up as she heads off to play. You check over with Ancelin.

Writing didn't go much of anywhere.

She did, however, take the time to draw some particularly crude and fairly grim doodles. She seems to have found a few colored pens to work with as well. Actually, only a couple of colors. Red, and green. ... There's a lot of red, in some of these.

There's the Mansion you found her in, and that room, you can sort-of recognize. There's a bunch of dead ladies in it, in various stages of decomposition. A man in a top hat and monocle is sawing them apart and crudely stitching the pieces together into a single body.

He's wearing an eye-patch as well, and his single visible eye is green.

You set that set of doodles aside and continue to another.

There's that man again. He's on fire and being stabbed repeatedly, as well as hung from a tree and pegged with arrows. He's also being very thoroughly and brutally violated by a number of wild animals. He is not pleased with any of these situations, as far as you can tell by the effort at an angry expression, and his eye-socket is not spared the onslaught.

There are several variations of this theme, including him being savaged and torn apart by hounds and molested to pieces by some angry seeming, thorny plant things. .... That thorny tendril is coming out of the man's mouth.

You are sensing that there may be some lingering dis-satisfaction with her previous owner, or something.

The next few doodles are fairly innocent. Mostly yukkuri making stupid faces at each other and laughing, or what you think is you...

You quickly stick those at the bottom of the pile, a little awkwardly. But past those are one or two pictures of trees and flowers, though they're really kind of terrible. Then a picture of Alex, from before, with his eyes crossed and tongue hanging out like an idiot child.

The last is just a simple, crude sketch of what looks like you... well, you guess it's you, anyway, you can't tell with the eyes shut, and Ancelin. You're in bed, both of you. Your mouth is open a little, and you're drooling. Seems you're asleep. Ancelin in the picture is holding you, and smiling.

Well, you aren't really sure what to make of all this, but you guess a set of crayons or something wouldn't go amiss, if you felt like giving her something again at some point.

---

6:32 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 42826
>>42824
>>42801

It's a cool idea but one big problem: Where the heck are we going to do the experiment?

And how can we do the experiment for that matter?

Centrifuge, High Pressure Liquid Chromatography, and the Chemicals are all Uni level lab staples, but where can we get them other than the hospital or a uni? And how will we get permission to use them?

The chemicals are a question too: If it's hard to get non-suika beer in the City, how hard will it be to get Methanol? Or Toluene? Even if there were production plants in the City before, they would be shut down due to lack of demand.

The problem I have is not with "science and magic" as most might have, but rather Resources.

How the heck will we obtain/get permission to use all the resources required?
>> No. 42827
[x] Think about ways to get Yukkuris to and from the cafe if there is rain.
-[x] At least consider plastic ponchos, umbrellas, raincoats, or even garbage bags.
[x] Check if any more details about the event have been posted on the website
[x] Put down "Crayons or Colored pencils" on your shopping list.
-[X] on top of that, have you even printed the menus? gotten tablecloths, centerpieces, or even the sugar pots for the tables?
-[x] How about place-mats? Entrance rug? Or cleaning supplies (for the shop)?
[x] Cook, or get Alice or Ancelin to cook you dinner
[x] Play with the Yukkuri, focusing on any you didn't before. (How long has it been since you really played with Reimu-1?)

We dropped the gun off at the store right?
>> No. 42828
[x] Put one of the happy drawings on the refrigerator.
[x] Have Ancelin apply makeup to Alyssa if she wants it. Try to make clear that you don't mean to imply anything's wrong with the way she is now, you're just offering her it if she'd prefer.
[x] Call newspaper, buy 1 week's worth of ads.
[x] Call radio, buy 3 hour's worth of ads on day 15.
[x] Is 1M for a hot chocolate massively over priced?
[x] Go with the slightly increased pricing for City Bake goods.

Well, I was wrong. Ancelin does have feelings. Dawwwwww. Well, except for the first couple pictures. She's sorta our immensely powerful, mute kid.
>> No. 42829
>>42827 here.
Sorry Kahi, append >>42828 votes to mine too. He's got a good thing going there, and I like his thinking.
>> No. 42830
>The last is just a simple, crude sketch of what looks like you... well, you guess it's you, anyway, you can't tell with the eyes shut, and Ancelin. You're in bed, both of you. Your mouth is open a little, and you're drooling. Seems you're asleep. Ancelin in the picture is holding you, and smiling.

Ok, that's pretty daww worthy right there.
>> No. 42832
[x] Put one of the happy drawings on the refrigerator.
[x] Call newspaper, buy 1 week's worth of ads.
[x] Call radio, buy 3 hour's worth of ads on day 15.
[x] Is 1M for a hot chocolate massively over priced?
[x] Go with the slightly increased pricing for City Bake goods.
[x] Check if any more details about the event have been posted on the website.
[x] Put down "Crayons or Colored pencils" on your shopping list.
-[x] On top of that, have you even printed the menus? Gotten tablecloths, centerpieces, or even the sugar pots for the tables?
-[x] How about place-mats? Entrance rug? Or cleaning supplies (for the shop)?
[x] Cook, or get Alice or Ancelin to cook you dinner.
[x] Play with the Yukkuri, focusing on any you didn't before.

>>42826
I do agree with you on this point. Even designing the procedure is far outside of John's expertise; I was just posting it as a guideline in case Kahi decides some scientifically minded inhabitant of the City became curious about yukkuri at some point in time. If there were several thousand people living here when the city got gapped, I'm sure at least one had a degree in chemistry. The presence of a university, of course, is completely a matter of speculation.

On a different note, it seems Ancelin does indeed have some manner of cognitive ability, even if she can't quite remember how to talk. And after a long period of serving her previous master followed by centuries of having no one but Alyssa to talk to, who can blame her?
>> No. 42833
[x] Put one of the happy drawings on the refrigerator.
[x] Have Ancelin apply makeup to Alyssa if she wants it. Try to make clear that you don't mean to imply anything's wrong with the way she is now, you're just offering her it if she'd prefer.
[x] Think about ways to get Yukkuris to and from the cafe if there is rain.
-[x] At least consider plastic ponchos, umbrellas, raincoats, or even garbage bags.
[X] How are you regarding menus? Have you printed them if there isn't a signboard behind the counter to put pricing on?
-[x] How about stuff to put on the tables, like placemats and sugar cube holder things? Entrance rug for dirty feet? Or cleaning supplies for the shop?
[x] Is 1M for a hot chocolate massively overpriced?
[x] Go with the slightly increased pricing for City Bake goods.
[x] Call newspaper, buy 1 week's worth of ads.
[x] Call radio, buy 3 hour's worth of ads on day 15.
[x] Cook, or get Alice to cook you, dinner.
[x] Check if any more details about the event have been posted on the website.
[x] Put down "Crayons or colored pencils" on your shopping list.
[x] Play with the baby Rumia and Yoshika.

I think I'll go with this. It's kinda long, but most of it will take a line or two each.
>> No. 42834
>>42831
You quoted yourself. Just saying.

>>42826
Better question yet: don't you think we have more important things to do than waste time doing experiments? Apart from that, I'm suspicious about you and think you're the same guy doing three posts about something that came out of nowhere.
>> No. 42835
[x] Put one of the happy drawings on the refrigerator.
[x] Have Ancelin apply makeup to Alyssa if she wants it. Try to make clear that you don't mean to imply anything's wrong with the way she is now, you're just offering her it if she'd prefer.
[x] Call newspaper, buy 1 week's worth of ads
[x] Is 1M for a hot chocolate massively over priced?
[x] Go with the slightly increased pricing for City Bake goods.
[x] Think about ways to get Yukkuris to and from the cafe if there is rain.
-[x] At least consider plastic ponchos, umbrellas, raincoats, or even garbage bags.
[x] Check if any more details about the event have been posted on the website
[x] Put down "Crayons or Colored pencils" on your shopping list.
-[X] on top of that, have you even printed the menus? gotten tablecloths, centerpieces, or even the sugar pots for the tables?
-[x] How about place-mats? Entrance rug? Or cleaning supplies (for the shop)?
[x] Cook, or get Alice or Ancelin to cook you dinner
[x] Play with the Yukkuri, focusing on any you didn't before. (How long has it been since you really played with Reimu-1?)

Well, the science discussion seems like something way out of the resources and technical abilities of John. It seems like a protocol for identifying and isolating organic substances in an university-level or research lab, and I seriously doubt there's even one of those in the city (unless it's factory run).

Even then, it would be far more simpler to evaluate if there's a difference between the types of paste doing a blind or double blind trial using as samples the "reproductive paste", the "body paste", the "core paste", regular non-yukkuri paste as a control, and even boiled samples. That would determine if there's a difference among the tipe of fillings or it's another manifestation of the "faith power" of the yukkuri. Hell, a second experiment telling them it's reproductive paste and using non-yukkuri one would be conclusive enough by itself.
>> No. 42836
>>42834
Oh, whoops.

>>42828 here, I quite like >>42827's stuff as well. If his votes could be added on to mine, I would greatly appreciate it.
>> No. 42837
[x] Whatever wins.
[x] Hug Ancelin again. Yes, she can sleep with you on the bed again.

Undead traumatized zombie maid moe.
>> No. 42838
[x] Put one of the happy drawings on the refrigerator.
[x] Have Ancelin apply makeup to Alyssa if she wants it. Try to make clear that you don't mean to imply anything's wrong with the way she is now, you're just offering her it if she'd prefer.
[x] Think about ways to get Yukkuris to and from the cafe if there is rain.
-[x] At least consider plastic ponchos, umbrellas, raincoats, or even garbage bags.
[X] How are you regarding menus? Have you printed them if there isn't a signboard behind the counter to put pricing on?
-[x] How about stuff to put on the tables, like placemats and sugar cube holder things? Entrance rug for dirty feet? Or cleaning supplies for the shop?
[x] Is 1M for a hot chocolate massively overpriced?
[x] Go with the slightly increased pricing for City Bake goods.
[x] Call newspaper, buy 1 week's worth of ads.
[x] Call radio, buy 3 hour's worth of ads on day 15.
[x] Cook, or get Alice to cook you, dinner.
[x] Check if any more details about the event have been posted on the website.
[x] Put down "Crayons or colored pencils" on your shopping list.
[x] Play with the baby Rumia and Yoshika.

So Ancelin is happy that Alyssa is happy. Or something.
>> No. 42842
[x] Put one of the happy drawings on the refrigerator.
[x] Have Ancelin apply makeup to Alyssa if she wants it. Try to make clear that you don't mean to imply anything's wrong with the way she is now, you're just offering her it if she'd prefer.
[x] Think about ways to get Yukkuris to and from the cafe if there is rain.
-[x] At least consider plastic ponchos, umbrellas, raincoats, or even garbage bags.
[X] How are you regarding menus? Have you printed them if there isn't a signboard behind the counter to put pricing on?
-[x] How about stuff to put on the tables, like placemats and sugar cube holder things? Entrance rug for dirty feet? Or cleaning supplies for the shop?
[x] Is 1M for a hot chocolate massively overpriced?
[x] Go with the slightly increased pricing for City Bake goods.
[x] Call newspaper, buy 1 week's worth of ads.
[x] Call radio, buy 3 hour's worth of ads on day 15.
[x] Cook, or get Alice to cook you, dinner.
[x] Check if any more details about the event have been posted on the website.
[x] Put down "Crayons or colored pencils" on your shopping list.
[x] Play with the baby Rumia and Yoshika.
[x] Let Ancelin sleep in the bed with you if she wants. Just give her some pajamas.
>> No. 42843
[x]No need to stick anything on the fridge, it's not like she's a small child.
[x]Do, however, make a note to get her some crayons and/or colored pencils.
>> No. 42844
[x] Put one of the happy drawings on the refrigerator.
[x] Have Ancelin apply makeup to Alyssa if she wants it. Try to make clear that you don't mean to imply anything's wrong with the way she is now, you're just offering her it if she'd prefer.
[x] Think about ways to get Yukkuris to and from the cafe if there is rain.
-[x] At least consider plastic ponchos, umbrellas, raincoats, or even garbage bags.
[X] How are you regarding menus? Have you printed them if there isn't a signboard behind the counter to put pricing on?
-[x] How about stuff to put on the tables, like placemats and sugar cube holder things? Entrance rug for dirty feet? Or cleaning supplies for the shop?
[x] Is 1M for a hot chocolate massively overpriced?
[x] Go with the slightly increased pricing for City Bake goods.
[x] Call newspaper, buy 1 week's worth of ads.
[x] Call radio, buy 3 hour's worth of ads on day 15.
[x] Cook, or get Alice to cook you, dinner.
[x] Check if any more details about the event have been posted on the website.
[x] Put down "Crayons or colored pencils" on your shopping list.
[x] Play with the baby Rumia and Yoshika and SHANGHAI.
[x] Let Ancelin sleep in the bed with you if she wants. Just give her some pajamas.
>> No. 42845
File 133351057732.png - (243.92KB , 800x824 , something smells delicious.png ) [iqdb]
42845
You make a note of picking up some crayons next time you're passing by a place that sells them. You can get a cheap pack for an M, as you recall.

You go ahead and put up Alex's idiot face with a magnet, immortalizing the expression on your fridge. Alyssa doesn't seem interested in getting dolled up right now, but you'll keep in mind that Ancelin can still apply make up to others. Back to financial thinking, though...

You're kind of wary about buying more stuff yet, but in some cases you think it might be better if you do. Tablecloths should only cost a couple, and a welcome mat would only cost five, as you recall, but ornaments and sugar pots... you'd prefer to delay those, if it were possible. Proper sugar pots will run you about ten, and the cheapest sort of centerpiece you can think of, in the short term, are cheap vases that you can put flowers in. Which will run you another ten, half for the vase, and half for a cheap bouquet to put in them.

That adds up to twenty two per table for table ornaments, leaving aside the floor mat. Multiplied by your eight tables...

Well, you'd just rather delay it if at all possible. You might be able to fudge it for a bit by replacing the sugar pots with cheaper small bowls, which might run you as low as a much more affordable two M... but that's the only part of it you can replace. For centerpieces, you're probably better off just going without entirely than trying.

Place mats... you can probably do without, actually. If crumbs or a few drops of coffee get spilled on the wooden tables, it isn't as though it will hurt them any, and it's not that hard to clean. If children get involved, there almost definitely will be spillage, but that's just something you'll have to deal with.

Cleaning supplies, however, are something to think about. There's some left-over soaps and cleaning chemicals in the staff bathroom, probably past their use-by dates, if they have them, but they seemed fine and it means you don't have to buy any immediately. At some point, though.

You most likely won't have to print off menus right away. If ever, actually. That chalkboard should be big enough to list prices for coffee, hot chocolate, and all the sweets and things you have available.

Speaking of the one, though, 1M for a cup of chocolate...

Well, you aren't completely sure that it could be called massively overpriced. But with its per-unit cost being... roughly a tenth of an M, you don't know that you would be willing to pay that much for a cup yourself. You wouldn't mind the profit margins, of course, but you would have to have people regularly coming in willing to pay for the stuff.

Though you guess you can adjust it downward after the initial opening, if it doesn't go well, just like you can nudge prices down from their City Bake Plus One price. Of course, it might not be a problem. You'll just have to see how it goes.

As for one more possible purchase, little raincoats would probably be better than umbrellas, if the weather turns stormy, but... you don't know how to estimate the cost of such a thing. You'll have to look into it another day. But as a last-ditch measure, they could probably get a hole in a garbage bag to look through, put it over themselves, and run through the rain. Only last-ditch, though.

For now, more immediately relevant things. You send Alice to start getting a stew going before it starts to get too late to make such a thing.

A quick call to the newspaper and radio, and then a check of the internet, confirm what you had expected: first, that you'll have to visit the first two in person to set up advertisement agreements, and second, that there are still no details about much of anything except for a helpful little reminder that you'll probably want to bring any tickets and tokens that you've collected along with you.

Well, you don't think you'd be stupid enough to show up without them, of course.

For the moment, though, you've had enough of business thinking. You spend a bit of time playing with the yukkuri... Reimu 1 still seems more jittery than anything else, but time and friendliness are probably the only things that'll fix that. It's kind of fascinating just to pick her up and look at her... You wonder if this odd mutation might breed true in any children she has.

The Rumia are more than happy to lick and nibble softly at your fingers, and you're reminded that while you might not really obviously smell yet, you did get fairly sweaty heaving furniture around. You'll have to shower before you sleep. In any case, you work with them a little, to keep certain that little nibbles aren't going to turn into tries at little nips, and then turn to the Yoshika.

Thankfully for your peace of mind, the Yoshika aren't as eager to get 'mouthy' with you. You've seen what they can do with them, after all, and while they might not yet be as potent as their mother's maw... well, you're really happier not finding that out for sure. The miniature, bodied Yoshika is more than happy to stagger stiffly around after your hand, and both the parents watch the children's playtime with some satisfaction.

The rest play as happily with you as always, and Shanghai gives off her customary trill of pleasure. The new confused child, the Tenshi blob, simply has her eyes shining in delight at your attention. Chen C, by contrast, is less interested in active play than a long, slow, and gentle stroking.

.... You can hear the head voice snickering. Of her spine and tails, as it knows full well. Hrm. In any case, there probably won't be any significant changes until her next growth spurt... but the patches of fur around her ankles and paws definitely seems slightly thicker and longer, maybe. In any case, it's very soft, and her steady purring deepens as you pass your fingers through the patches, before heading back to her spine.

You finish things up with a belly rub, making deliberately sure not to move your hand too high or low, given clear anatomical formations. She seems a little disappointed when it comes to an end.

The bodied Alice... have wandered off privately to do their own thing.

That's right, they just became Young the other day. You guess that Alice A gave them their own Talk sometime before, and they're starting to hit that age... The remaining blob seems a little itchy, like her skin is a size or so too tight, but a careful stroking of her hair seems to make her feel a little better.

.... You'll probably have to keep a fairly close eye on this one. It isn't as though she can do much to relieve her own burdens. Hatate seems to manage to get things working along with voyeurism, but she doesn't seem to ever actually... you aren't sure of the most correct analogy, but 'cross the finish line' will do, you guess. A second participant is needed.

You would be remiss to try to claim that there was nothing you could do to help a blob that way, after everything you've gotten up to doing to Marisa, but that'll probably depend at least a little bit on how she feels about humans. It would kind of be a shame for any of your Alice to lose it on you, though. Not least because of the repercussions if you aren't able to get them away from the rest in time.

But while you were thinking of Hatate, you ended up playing with her and her flying children. Her paranoia is still largely present, but she seems to very much appreciate petting. And with her little Hatate able to fly, actually, you might be able to justify breeding another litter. Maybe. You still haven't given up on getting ahold of a bodied Hatate, in any case.

... Marisa seems to be, deliberately or not, getting in the way of your interacting with her group as much as she can. Keeping her attention focused on you, with assurance that she's ready to work whenever you are. You give up and move away, after patting her on the hat.

You don't think you'll play with Letty.

She's still sulking about the uncomfortable 'heat', and meager food. Equal portions to anyone else, and more than plenty, but she's not happy with it. She seems like she could be getting a little snappy.

"These are preeetty damn disturbing, Johnny. Don't know what she had against this..."

Frank pauses and you realize that you probably should have done a better job of hiding some of those pictures. Then he coughs, and puts them back down, you can hear him shuffling them.

"Yeah, I'm... just gonna forget she drew any of that. Booze will probably help. I'll be waiting on that stew first, 'course."

"Ah... should Alice put a piece of meat in?" She asks, from the kitchen.

---

7:15 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 42846
[x] Check the meat first, then allow Alice to cook with it. Maybe even give a chunk to Rumia if you feel like it.
[x] Begin packing for tomorrow's outing
-[x] Consider leaving a ticket or token behind just in case.
[x] Wash up
[x] Go to sleep.
>> No. 42848
[x] Why not? It's not like you're low on meat.
[x] Discuss the Letty with Frank. Considering its quirks, is there even a chance to find a buyer? Keeping her for too long could be a bit risky.
[x] Discuss potential Alice trouble. You should probably give instructions to the adult bodied and Chen C to watch out and what to do if a blob Alice snaps, in case neither you or Frank are here to immediately deal with it.

Big bodied and Chen C because they're probably the only ones able to deal with a rampaging rapist!Alice without much trouble should one snap. We definitely don't want to lose the blob stock to one.
>> No. 42849
I always love reading yukkuri playtime when it has details like this and isn't just "you play with the yukkuri. They are happy about it, especially the ones that think you are their dad."

[x] Not any of the new meat, Alice!
[x] Work out advertisements with Frank over stew. You'll need ones for the newspaper at least (preferably with variations for opening day and the day before opening), and for the radio if they don't take care of that.
[x] Take a shower.
>> No. 42850
... Guys, what happens if a kid spills chocolate or water on one of our waitresses?

... I think our uniforms need to be total-cover and waterproof.
>> No. 42851
[x] Just a few pieces, you migh use that meat in the cafe.
[x] Begin packing for tomorrow's outing
[x] Discuss the Letty with Frank. Considering its quirks, is there even a chance to find a buyer? Keeping her for too long could be a bit risky.
[x] Discuss potential blob Alice trouble. You should probably give instructions to the adult bodied and Chen C to watch out and what to do if a blob Alice snaps, in case neither you or Frank are here to immediately deal with it.
[x] Talk about advertisements with Frank. Will you need it right now?
[x] Take a shower.
>> No. 42852
[x] Not any of the new meat, Alice.
[x] Work out advertisements with Frank over stew. You'll need ones for the newspaper at least (preferably with variations for opening day and the day before opening), and for the radio if they don't take care of that.
[x] Have Alice-A give Alice-5 The Talk and show it videos to determine what its orientation is.
-[x] If it likes humans, play 'fill the baster' with a tissue.
-[x] If not, bring in Reimu-D and have Alice refresh with it via rubrub. Snap off any stalks that grow and return the two to their families.
[x] Set out your pants with all the pockets and anything useful, such as a swiss army knife or something, for tomorrow.

It's not dangerous at all to keep the Letty. It's in the crib, remember? The only danger it poses is if an Hatate is dumb enough to fly in there.

On another subject entirely, we get to hear the Talk now. I was curious since the first time we were away.
>> No. 42853
>>42850
Yukkuris aren't the wicked witch of the west, man. They don't start wailing and dissolving onto nothing just because of a little water. To give you some perspective, some of them fell into a sink a few updates ago and were fine after being fished out and wiped off. The bodied ones can even wash their hands!

Not to mention your suggestion is probably a case of the cure being worse than the disease. I very much doubt that clothing workers in what amounts to hazmat suits will do much good for sales.
>> No. 42855
>>42848 here, forgot to add something.

[x] Try calling Rebecca. Should you meet up for the event tomorrow? And maybe she'll want to hear how Ancelin (you should inform her of the name too) is doing too.
-[x] Ah, right, where Ancelin would stay was still up in the air depending on if Rebecca could convince her husband to let us move in... Isn't it going to be unfair to Rebecca if she can't convince him, now that Ancelin seems to be getting attached to us?
>> No. 42856
>>42853
Hey, he does have a point, even if his solution to clothe our waitresses from head to toe is ... overreacting a bit.

We probably should put some paper towels in the back in case spills happen.

[x] Not any of the new meat, Alice.
[x] Remind self if the cafe came with any paper towels.
[x] Work out advertisements with Frank over stew. You'll need ones for the newspaper at least (preferably with variations for opening day and the day before opening), and for the radio if they don't take care of that.
[x] Have Alice-A give Alice-5 The Talk and show it videos to determine what its orientation is.
-[x] If it likes humans, play 'fill the baster' with a tissue.
-[x] If not, bring in Reimu-D and have Alice refresh with it via rubrub. Snap off any stalks that grow and return the two to their families.
[x] Set out your pants with all the pockets and anything useful, such as a swiss army knife or something, for tomorrow.
>> No. 42857
[x] Why not? It's not like you're low on meat.
[x] Work out advertisements with Frank over stew. You'll need ones for the newspaper at least (preferably with variations for opening day and the day before opening), and for the radio if they don't take care of that.
[x] Take a shower.

>>42834
>>42835
See the first footnote in >>42832. As for something John could believably do, I agree with >>42835. It seems like a very sound method for testing any influence belief has on fertilization, if John ever felt the need to do so.

>>42850
A little water isn't immediately fatal, as mentioned in >>38014
>"Water... isn't bad right away." Tenshi answers after a moment of thought. "Can splash on, a little, and wipe off. In little bits, fine. Okay for rinsing off dirt. Or smells. Problems come only when too much water is used."
>> No. 42858
[x] Not any of the new meat, Alice.
[x] Remind self if the cafe came with any paper towels.
[x] Work out advertisements with Frank over stew. You'll need ones for the newspaper at least (preferably with variations for opening day and the day before opening), and for the radio if they don't take care of that.
[x] Have Alice-A give Alice-5 The Talk and show it videos to determine what its orientation is.
-[x] Decide what to do after the results or whatever.
[x] Take a shower.

>>42857
To be honest I was ninja'd by the discussion and the footnote while I was writing my vote. (I'm >>42835 by the way)
>> No. 42860
[x] Not any of the new meat, Alice.
[x] Remind self if the cafe came with any paper towels.
[x] The Letty is safe in its crib, no need to rush Frank there.
[x] Work out advertisements with Frank over stew. You'll need ones for the newspaper at least (preferably with variations for opening day and the day before opening), and for the radio if they don't take care of that.
-[x] Would the newspaper or radio happen to be open this late?
[x] Have Alice-A give Alice-5 The Talk and show it videos to determine what its orientation is.
-[x] Decide what to do after the results or whatever.
>> No. 42866
If we ever breed the letty it should be a priority to psychologically condition it towards warmer temperatures and normal amounts of food. Possibly very forcifully.
>> No. 42867
Well, if we do breed Letty. We definitely need to take em away from the parent. Who knows, Letty might try to cannibalize them.

Actually if we do breed Letty, I think we should just squish the cannibal Letty afterwards.
>> No. 42868
>>42867
We shouldn't do that until we've confirmed that the offspring are desirable to keep. At the very least, we'll need to store some of the Letty's seminal material if we cull it.

Alternatively, there's also the possibility of mind-breaking it and then keeping its catatonic form around. But that's probably not to everyone's taste.
>> No. 42869
Why can't Alice use the new meat? If we're going to use it at for the cafe, shouldn't we at least taste it?
>> No. 42870
File 133357819353.jpg - (531.05KB , 850x1198 , of the vaguest relation.jpg ) [iqdb]
42870
"No, don't use any of the new meat." You call back, stepping quickly into the kitchen.

"... Don't see why not, there's only a huge pile of it." Frank says, dubiously. He picks up a strip out of the box to inspect it, then drops it back in.

"Because we can sell it at the cafe. And what gets eaten here doesn't get sold." You point out.

"You sure about that, Johnny? Doesn't look much like cafe-food to me." Frank says, then shrugs. "Well, whatever. It's your stuff, I guess. Got a price thought up?"

.... You don't, actually, and quickly go to glance in on the stew. Looks like it's close to done, which means that raw meat wouldn't have cooked through anyway. Given that this is jerky, of course, it wouldn't have been a problem and would probably have done okay to flavor the stew a bit.

No matter. You wait a few minutes, goofing about with a pinball-simulator on the laptop, before going ahead and getting a bowl.

"So, we need to talk advertisement." You say, at the table. "Probably best to get that dealt with tomorrow... either before or after the Event."

They might be open now, for a certain value there-of, but you kind of doubt anyone important that you'd have to talk to is still on the premises, after all.

"Sounds good." Frank says.

"... What, you don't have any advice or anything? No catchy jingles or ad gimmicks?"

"Don't think it's needed. And Johnny, how many times have you listened to a catchy little jingle for these things, liked it, then realized that you missed hearing anything about who those people were and where they do business, huh? Nah, just let them know where and what we are, and that we're open, that'll be fine."

... You have a doubt or two about that, but Frank seems confident. Well, you guess you'll see. He finishes his bowl and stands, casually strolling off. Probably for the better, with luck he'll find another buyer, and you'll have a little more Money to play with.

You finish your own bowl and then have a quiet word with Alice A about testing things.

... As it turns out, while she didn't want to run ahead with checking all of them without your say-so, she seems to have decided that the orientation of younger Alice is important enough of a thing to know that she's already tested them for inclinations.The Alice that was sold, as it happens, was only interested in other blobs, with no reaction towards humans or anything else. You guess that's fortunate enough. Alice 5, by contrast, showed fairly strong human interest. If anything, more so than her response to other yukkuri... Which is good, because it means that you can step in to help keep things in check, you guess. The other two, the bodied ones, were tested as well. Alice 4 only shows strong response to other bodied yukkuri: there's no negative reaction to humans, but not any particular interest there, either. Alice 2, on the other hand, showed strong interest to both.

... Well, you'll have to consider that. In the meantime, you really should shower up.

You've just begun shampoo-ing your hair when there's a creak of the door opening and closing, and then someone steps into the shower with you. Ancelin. Naked, of course, but given that the shower is going that's probably just to be expected. You're a bit surprised, but before you can say anything about it one way or another, she's scrubbing your back with a damp, soapy cloth.

---

7:47 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 42872
>>42870

Why,
[x] Be a gentleman and gracefully accept the assistance
-[x] As for gratitude, do not necessarily "show our appreciation", but at least a hug and a 'thank you' would be nice.
[x] Once we're done, it's bed time.

And unrelated:
[x] Go with Frank's advice for the ads. Sometimes, less is more.
>> No. 42873
[x] Acknowledge/thank Ancelin, then finish showering and brush your teeth and stuff.
[x] Figure out what you're going to do with the Alices.

Are we really thinking of selling Jerky in our cafe? That's...
>> No. 42874
[x] Be a gentleman and gracefully accept the assistance
-[x] As for gratitude, do not necessarily "show our appreciation", but at least a hug and a 'thank you' would be nice.
[x] Try calling Rebecca. Should you meet up for the event tomorrow? And maybe she'll want to hear how Ancelin (you should inform her of the name too) is doing too.
-[x] Ah, right, where Ancelin would stay was still up in the air depending on if Rebecca could convince her husband to let us move in... Isn't it going to be unfair to Rebecca if she can't convince him, now that Ancelin seems to be getting attached to us?

Using my bit that didn't pass last time. It's been a while and we may as well be with someone we know for the event instead of standing out alone if Rebecca is going too.
>> No. 42875
[x]Accept her assistance
-[x]Help her with her back too
>> No. 42881
[x] Be a gentleman and gracefully accept the assistance
-[x]Help her with her back too
-[x] Appreaciate her effort, and accept her dedication. If things evolve from a mere back scrub, it's ok.

C'mon guys, it's obvious she wants more than just scrub John's back. Don't reject her, that would be bad for them.
>> No. 42882
[x] Be a gentleman and gracefully accept the assistance
-[x] Help her with her back too
-[x] Appreaciate her effort, and accept her dedication. If things evolve from a mere back scrub, it's ok.
[x] Try calling Rebecca. You'd like to know if she will participate on the event tomorrow too. You know, it might be dangerous like last time too.

Well, why not? It's not like Rebecca will talk with an stressed out John, anyway. I just don't agree with the most topics to talk with her. We should let her do her thing with her husband, and when it's time she will bring it up. And we can't have Ancelin living away from John now, that would be cruel to her; John treats her much more than just a maid.
>> No. 42883
[x] Be a gentleman and gratefully accept her assistance.
-[x] Help her with her back too.
-[x] No sexy times; save it for the bed, if at all.
[x] Try calling Rebecca. Should you meet up for the event tomorrow?
-[x] Maybe she'll want to hear how Ancelin (you should inform her of the name too) is doing.
>> No. 42886
[x] Be a gentleman and gracefully accept the assistance
-[x] Help her with her back too
-[x] Appreaciate her effort, and accept her dedication. If things evolve from a mere back scrub, it's ok.

Maybe she can actually feel good too? Alyssa could feel John's warmth, maybe Ancelin wants it too.
>> No. 42887
File 133358943746.jpg - (97.62KB , 587x479 , sudsy.jpg ) [iqdb]
42887
.... well, no real reason to get upset.

You relax and let Ancelin set to work, rubbing the soapy cloth across your back and shoulders. She's really good at this, and even standing up, you can feel stiff muscles relaxing. After a moment, you decide to just let her go ahead and deal with scrubbing for you, since you hadn't really gotten started with that anyway.

It's really soothing. You enjoy the hot water spraying down against you from the front as she works at your back, and then sides. And then she leans in and, without turning you around, starts scrubbing your chest too.

... Okay, that's a little awkward, since it means she essentially has to press herself completely up against you from behind, and you end up having the typical reaction to this sort of situation in full.

You can't really bring yourself to object, though. It's like having a massage from skilled hands, and with the steam, it just feels so nice, even as the soapy rag works its way down.

... It ends up a bit far down, but you guess that's fine. You need to clean there too, and all. And if anything, it's even nicer, with the combination of cloth and gentle motion mixing to...

She's been lingering here for a lot longer, you suddenly realize, and your knees go a little weak as you let off a soft noise. You think you would have slumped, bonelessly, if Ancelin hadn't been holding you well in place through her efforts.

She keeps at it for a bit, carefully cleaning you properly, and you think you can stand on your own again by the time she's done. She moves a little away to let you rinse the rest of the soap off, and then starts to politely leave.

You catch her before she does, prompting a slightly confused noise.

"There's no need to go so fast. You haven't washed up at all..."

.... She doesn't make much noise, as you turn matters around, but she seems to very much enjoy being cleaned in turn, although it doesn't seem like she's nearly as sensitive as you are. ... or maybe you're just not as good at this sort of thing. Which is kind of an embarrassing thought to have, but it's not like you can do that much to help it.

Only practice.

Needless to say, there are parts of you that strongly object when you finish rinsing her down, shut the water off, and move aside to towel yourself dry and hand another off to Ancelin. She doesn't seem to have any objections to bring up to you stopping with just that, but you do think that she likes the quick hug and muttered word of tentative gratitude before you go get dressed.

A quick glance shows that the Alice blob is off a little ways on its own, clearly trying to do something covert with its bedding, but failing to get much of anywhere. The frustration she's feeling shows clear on her face.

Well, you're in a pretty good mood now. You can probably help her out with things. ... Of course, you also had started to think about calling Rebecca to ask about one matter or another, and there's probably going to be few better times. You guess that she'll keep at least through a phone call.

---

8:20

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 42890
[x] If Alice-A didn't mention giving The Talk, wake her up and have her explain it.
[x] Help out Alice-5.
[x] Call Rebecca and see about meeting up for the event and teaming up again, if it's one that allows for teaming.

Alice might be doing this instinctively, I don't know.
>> No. 42891
[x] Help the blob.
-[x] Give her an undesireble blob, that's not Letty.

Yeah... Let's not make any more of the crazy Letty's. Who knows, maybe she'll eat her own children.
>> No. 42892
>>42889
>>42891
Two things. One, which undesireable blob would we give her? One of the ones that will make Marisa rebel if harmed? I mean Reimu-D or something probably wouldn't mind, and wouldn't complain after, but it's still pointless when you consider the second thing:
>Alice 5, by contrast, showed fairly strong human interest. If anything, more so than her response to other yukkuri.

[x] If Alice-A didn't mention giving The Talk, wake her up and have her explain it.
[x] Help out Alice-5.
-[x] Grabbing a tissue beforehand would be convenient.
[x] Bedtime!

By the way, >>42891, just so you know, the apostrophe isn't used in plurals. Don't want to be all Gammar Nazi, but it just bugs me.
>> No. 42893
[x] Call Rebecca and see about meeting up for the event and teaming up again, if it's one that allows for teaming.
-[x] Maybe she'll want to hear how Ancelin (you should inform her of the name too) is doing.
>> No. 42894
[x] Help out Alice-5.
-[x] Grabbing a tissue beforehand would be convenient.
[x] Bedtime!
>> No. 42895
>>42892
Sorry. Ack, I should have caught that.
>> No. 42896
[x] If Alice-A didn't mention giving The Talk, wake her up and have her explain it.
[x] Help out Alice-5.
-[x] Grabbing a tissue beforehand would be convenient.
[x] Call Rebecca and see about meeting up for the event and teaming up again, if it's one that allows for teaming.
>> No. 42898
If you're going to make the call, do it before giving the Alice blob any "assistance"; Rebecca might end up turning in for the night if that takes up too much time.
>> No. 42900
It seems like Alice did give the 'Talk' to all of them, but there isn't so much that she can do for this one. With both sides of matters being at least somewhat repulsed by the other end of things, even if neccessity dictated it, it would end up being a hollow and unfulfilling venture.

Which isn't to say that she wouldn't help her child out, if there was really no other option available, just that it would probably be too little and too late.

Well, you aren't bound by such restrictions, at least. You make sure to grab a tissue or two before coming back in to pick up the young blob.

"Need a little help, there?"

"Ng... Please." She says, voice a little tight.

Well, with her putting the request so nicely, how can you refuse. It's not so different from keeping Marisa's paranoia and mistrust of you under control, after all.

Well, it is a little different, you guess.

Marisa is exceptionally reluctant in her enjoyment of your efforts. This one, by contrast, is extremely enthusiastic about her enjoyment. You find yourself enjoying it more, and putting a little bit of extra effort into it, despite the fact that she probably didn't need you to go so far to finish things.

After a few minutes, you shift your fingers and get to wiping up the spill as she pants raggedly, and after a moment realize that not putting on more than just your boxers has left you with no more than a thin and silky barrier against return attention. She's only turned a bit, and she has easy access to rub her face against you. Hot breath is not improving matters.

"Haah.... haaah...." She says, still a little out of breath. From the look of her, you've helped take the edge off, but she's not settled down completely yet.

"Not fair... for Alice to have all the fun. Let Alice help you too, okay~?"

You don't really have time to reply to her words before her tongue has already turned to other things. Sliding and enveloping, even through the cloth, it's pretty.... Well, part of you definitely approves of the sensations coming from the efforts, and doesn't hesitate to make its approval known.

"Ah... I'm pretty sure that your mother mentioned that just doing this will actually make things a little worse on you." You point out. ... Unless that's just between Alices or something. You still aren't exactly clear on all the clinical details, and aren't sure you want to know, since it's probably confusing.

"A li'uhl." She admits, and your eyes cross a bit before she realizes to move a bit away before she tries to talk. "But doesn't get worse as much as Alice just felt better. But... Alice could help us both feel better~"

... It doesn't take you more than a blink to figure out the implication.

".... Wouldn't work, right?" You find yourself saying in spite of curiosity and knowing full well that-

"Alice can stretch... Alice can make it fit~" She says eagerly, demonstrating by stretching upwards a little way so that she can teasingly touch tongue to.... there are involuntary twitches, and she settles back down like a stretched bit of elastic going back into place.

You'd privately assumed, somewhat, that if you ever gave in and tried that out, most likely due to the head-voice's incessant nagging at you, it would have been with Marisa, but you can't help but be at least a little thoughtful. It seems that there's still work to do with this matter anyway, and you brought tissues and all.

---

8:31 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 42902
[x] Nothing doing. Keep using your hands until you're finished.
[x] Call Rebecca after you're done.

We just got jacked off by Ancelin; no need to have at it again so soon. I'm also starting to wonder if she's a mindless flesh golem that adapts to kind/cruel stimuli, or if her conscious mind was buried by mistreatment from the master of the mansion, and is only now starting to come back. There's also the possibility that her vocal cords were damaged when she was stitched together, and she simply doesn't have the ability to talk.
>> No. 42903
[x] It's very kind of her to offer, but no thanks. The important thing is for her to feel good and reduce Need.
[x] Call Rebecca and see about meeting up for the event and teaming up again, if it's one that allows for teaming.
>> No. 42906
[x] It's very kind of her to offer, but no thanks. Keep using your hands, you shouldn't go so far with a blob.
[x] Enter the hunting club chatroom.

Well, I have limits.
>> No. 42907
[x] It's very kind of her to offer, but no thanks.
[x] Look for a contest related chatroom.

This story never fails to amuse me. Limbless zombies are ok, but limbless food are repulsive.
>> No. 42908
[x] It's very kind of her to offer, but no thanks.
-[x] Don't mention preferring not to fuck a blob.
[x] Call Rebecca and see about meeting up for the event and teaming up again, if it's one that allows for teaming.
[x] Maybe visit #lockstockandbarrel. Or go to bed. Either-or.
>> No. 42911
>>42910

next thread