[Return]
Archived Thread

File 132954246784.jpg - (415.08KB , 1200x600 , TheQueenInPurple.jpg ) [iqdb]
39968 No. 39968
As you think, you realize that words are scribbling across the blank white- no.

No, god damn it, she doesn't need to be able to read all of this. Not that, or that. Especially not that. Gibberish and nonsense scrawl itself over all of that, before fading away to a uniform white. The Demon Queen peers curiously at her walls, then adjusts her purple labcoat and readies a psychiatric notebook, waiting for you to begin this session.

Well, she's basically, like, the all knowing evil god here. Humbleness would probably be good, you're in no mood to catch a smiting in the teeth. Humbleness and self-effacement, and being very careful with your words...

"Oh, Demon queen, what I seek is only knowledge, I've lived in your world since my birth and there's so many unanswered questions, and I seek is the enligtenment of my human curiosity." You babble. "For I've come to interact with the creatures of your devise, beings made of pastry and filling, in the state between plant and animal, in the border of human-like but animalistic, beings that resemble people but... beings that don't exist in the world outside, so far as I know, and we've came to name "yukkuri", who therefore must be one of your great creations. What I seek is for you to show me their purpose, their workings, the people they take after their appearances and their names, the reason my mind tells me they looke like someone that I don't know yet must exist somewhere. What I ask is nothing more than understanding about the creation to know the creator itself and marvel in the glory of her wisdom, my queen."

You feel a little awkward about the rambling, and so follow up quickly with the first thing to come to mind.

"Also, in any other situation I'd be glad to share a spot of coffee with this lovely lady that controls my fate, yet I'm allured to seek her company...." Oh god. Oh god, that's terrible. And not just in the pathetically smarmy sense, why did you think hitting on her was a good idea....

You're answered with a long snore, and you realize that throughout your diatribe you were focused on the table between you, trying to keep your words sensible and coherent. You look up to find the Demon Queen's head tilted to one side, a trail of drool hanging out, and her eyes covered by a strip of purple cloth with ludicrously, obviously false eyes painted on and staring at you.

You try to ignore how they blink.

".... What the fuck." You say seriously.

The Demon Queen snorts, loudly, and stirs, seeming to come awake again as she yawns.

"... My, you're much better than most of my current monotonous droners." She says brightly, as the eye-covering disappears, as does the drool. "There may be openings available for you, somewhere, in the field of boredom induced slumber management."

"I was trying to be self-effacing and... and fucking humble and i don't know why I even bothered." You groan.

"I could tell you, if that's a question~" Yukari needles.

"No." You deny flatly, though it doesn't seem to deter her clear amusement.

"In any case, I gathered a general sense of what you were saying." She says, dismissively, waving a hand with a fan in it. "You want to know about yukkuri."

You start to answer, then pause to consider your words, then just nod.

"Alright. I'm afraid, however, I can't really tell you much about where they came from. Conflicting possibilities. Magical accident, a strong case for Godly meddling, why there's even a real probability that my future self sent some into the past to create a stable feedback loop of existence." She says, sipping at her wine. You realize you are back at a dinner table.

"What they are, however... I can tell you that. "Seeds"." She says, cryptically. "Of a sort."

"I don't understand..." You say. "You mean... how they're grown and dropped from stalks?"

"More than that. In both the metaphoric and the entirely literal sense." She says, snapping the fan shut and pointing it, tone taking on a lecturing note. "In one view, it is why Godly meddling is such a strong possibility. For the insignificant existences they are, they are... oddly potent, when it comes to their Belief. In some ways, they only exist as they do because they themselves Believe so strongly in their own existence. This Faith is the sort of thing Gods strive after, though it seems that if Godly hands were behind crafting their initial existence, then the experiment was either a partial or a complete failure. As while their Belief was potent, harvesting it would prove... problematic, and flawed."

A sly smile crossed her face.

"One could say the same of Humans, theoretically, one supposes." She seems to muse aloud.

.... You decide not to comment on anything. Okay. Gods. You live in a crazy floating patch of earth suspended in an infinite sea of eyes, ruled over by a Demon Queen. You aren't exactly in the best position to be skeptical about things.

"It may factor somewhat into the more literal sense of their being "Seeds"." She continues. "You see, even following 'birth', this is only the first potential phase of their existence. Their longevity gives them significant opportunity to transcend their initial state... provided, of course, that they don't fall prey to their unfortunate... general fragility, physically, and mentally."

"Wait." You interrupt. "Hold on, let me get this straight. Yukkuri can stop being yukkuri, and become... something else?"

"Oh dear." Yukari says, smiling. "I only promised to answer one question."

"Wait, that wasn't-"

"We'll call it you owing me a favor~" She says, ignoring your interruption. "But yes. It is every bit as possible for a yukkuri to Transcend its current existence as it is for a Human, or an animal, or a rock or plant. Though as I said, they must survive to manage the feat. As it happens, however, mental stability is not required to become something other than what you were." The Demon Queen says, smiling in a way that leaves you a little uncomfortable.

You bite your tongue, not willing to spill out any more questions that she can consider fair game to pounce on. Like she seems to be deliberately waiting for.

"In any case. It seems that's about all the time we have. As for the favor.... let's say, 'you aren't allowed to say 'no'', will do. You'll know what you can't refuse~" She says, as the world fades to a uniform shade of purply-gray.

You wake, staring at the ceiling, with Alice and Tenshi cuddling into the sides of your chest. The question you didn't ask is still sitting on the tip of your tongue.

'How many have managed this'. Or perhaps, 'What are the odds', is what you would have asked.

There is a slight noise that you guess comes from around the door.

---

7:00 AM, Day 7

[ ] What do you do?

>> No. 39970
Heh, how interesting - yukkuri can become youkai of a superior sort. We should so research both the process of becoming a sennin/xianren in East Asian mythology and the process through which mundane animals and items become youkai/yaoguai when we have the time.
>> No. 39971
Who wants to say, on day 150 (probably circa CQ thread 134.5), we're all going to look back at today when Alice turns into a magician youkai?
>> No. 39972
Let me contribute a little.
Thread 1: >>37553
Thread 2: >>37935
Thread 3: >>38332
Thread 4: >>39037
Thread 5: >>39498

The City from City Quest was mentioned by Ran as a Yukari social experiment in Patchy Quest
Thread 1: >>/sdm/46379
Doll's Quest
Thread 1: >>/th/139185
>> No. 39973
>you aren't allowed to say 'no'
That's it, I'm out of here. Even if it's not what I think it is, it's still going to be used as a reason right up until what we're actually supposed to agree to comes along.

Have fun, guys.
>> No. 39975
>>39971
I'm not so sure that the Alice is destined to become a magician youkai unless it transcends through a process that is somehow built into yukkuri, even more so than other, more natural entities. In most cases, the stories of sennin/xianren, whether humans or otherwise, suggest that they transcend by gathering natural energies into themselves - whether by performing austerities, respiring the essence of the sun and moon, natural accumulation with time's passage, ingestion of magical materials, or even sex in a ritualized manner. Youkai/yaoguai on the other hand, follow a lot of the same rules but can also come into existence because of strong emotions. For example, think of the human beings that become vengeful ghosts because of untimely deaths or the discarded items that become spirits. In sum, the life experience of the candidate should strongly influence what that candidate becomes and since the Alice has zero Alice-y leanings thus far, it'll be really, really weird if it became a magician youkai unless there was something else going on.

Which there very well could be.
>> No. 39977
>>39973
>Kahitora: >That's it, I'm out of here. Even if it's not what I think it is, it's still going to be used as a reason right up until what we're actually supposed to agree to comes along.
>This guy needs to relax, sheesh.
>You shouldn't be in suspense too long. In any case, nowhere near long enough for yukari's shits and giggles to be argued to have any meaning regarding 'sex yukkuri, y/n'
>Since I assume that's what he's flaring up about.
>> No. 39978
>>39975

The fuck, man?
>> No. 39979
[x] Kill bottle Reimu.

Because the last thing I want to see is a youkai with a grudge against us for putting in her a goddamned bottle.
>> No. 39981
>>39979
Actually, bottle reimu turning into a youkai would be pretty good for us.

Why? Well, elephants are often tied to a post when they are young. They're too small to pull the post out of the ground, so they can't escape. But they still stay there when they're big enough to yank it out, because they learned that they can't get out when they were young.

It's like that, except with with not wanting to die and doing everything we tell it to do instead of being unable to escape and staying tied up.

Also, we have roughly a snowball's chance in hell of getting a transcended yukkuri.
>> No. 39982
jeez... I had to steel myself to read that. I was so sure it was going to blow up in our faces or something.
>> No. 39983
>>39968
also is that Yukari's touhouvania outfit? Cool.
>> No. 39985
Ok, that was some interessting info. Still not as interessting as what the other votes would have gotten, so please don't spam next time, ok guys?

[x] Go check the noise.
>> No. 39986
>>39985

What spam? They were all valid votes.
>> No. 39987
We might want to consider removing the collars from the bodied yukkuri and try finding some alternate identification such as bracelets. It was mentioned that the collars limited yukkuri growth, which to me seems to suggest that growth includes whatever it is that propels them to youkai. Besides, it might be interesting to test the theory that the bigger the yukkuri, the smarter the yukkuri.
>> No. 39988
>>39985
To clarify what I think >>39986's saying, since I originally took it as a claim that there wasn't any votespam going on, the suspicious votes were ignored, and what we got was the winner among non-suspicious votes.
>> No. 39989
[x] Get dressed
[x] Go check the noise.
Well we have a new objective now, I guess. If only we could know how the fuck we can do that.
>> No. 39990
>>39987
Yukkuris don't grow on a fast enough timeframe to test. That one guy's Suika was found when his grandfather was a boy, and it's now just beachball sized, and pretty clearly not a youkai. There's no way for us to turn them into youkai. It's just plot, of which we'll learn more if Yukari tells us.
>> No. 39991
>>39990
Blob yukkuri seem to hit a ceiling and then stop (unless dosus exist), but what Sam mentioned at the start about how collars limited the size of bodied yukkuri seemed to suggest that bodied yukkuri growth were within short enough a time frame that it was a potential concern, unless I'm drastically misremembering something.
>> No. 39993
I thought John said something about the tenshis hitting their "adult size" and that next their growth would be considerable slower or almost halt; but then Yukari basically said that yukkuri basically will themselves into existance, so maybe tricking them to believe really hard that they can easily reach human size then we get human sized bodied yukkuris, maybe. Probably the tenshi that believes that she is John's daughter would be easier to convince ("look, you are really my daughter so you'll grow as big as daddy really soon") altough maybe it won't work and John makes a fool of himself.
>> No. 39994
>>39993
It's a little late to worry about dignity and humiliation and all that at this point - besides, no guts, no glory.
>> No. 39996
>>39991
Blob yukkuri don't get collars because they're just heads and there's no place to put the collars, not because they stop growing.

>>39993
While at first glance that seems like a really stupid idea, I guess it's worth a try. Let's try it with a Chen, though - I'm pretty sure we can convince any of them, and we won't lose a Tenshi if it goes cannibal in an attempt to get the nutrients for its belief-enhanced growth. We'll also need to have a reasonable-sounding excuse for Frank so we don't look like an idiot.

[x] Get dressed
[x] Go check the noise.
[x] Call over a blob Chen and take it to an empty room. Explain to it, making sure no other yukkuri overhear, that it will grow much faster than its siblings. Just get some handheld device that beeps or makes other science-like noises, point it at the Chen, make the device emit sound, and tell it something about it being exposed to Fasgro beams, which cause a yukkuri to grow fast. If Frank notices and inquires what the fuck you're doing, explain your dream and how the Demon Queen said something about yukkuri operating through belief.
>> No. 39998
>>39996
I think you misread me here - the collar comment is in reference to bodied yukkuri rather than blob yukkuri.
>> No. 40001
>>39998
No, I know that. The reason I talked about blob yukkuri is because you were saying that we know blob yukkuri don't grow unlimitedly because they aren't issued collars. So I said the reason blobs don't have collars.

I went back and found the relevant quotes:

>Y'see, these'll never stop growin' on their own, s'long as they keep gettin' fed regular, just slow down at it once they hit this point. They grow proportional, though, and they'll stop if there b'aint room to grow. Collar like this'll shut growth down once they get t'be close t' human size.
>Blobs have th' same problem, only they b'aint as useful as ones wi' bodies, and it be a lot harder t'set up a kind o' harness they can't slip loose of, deliberate-like or by accident, and won't accidentally squeeze'm t'death if they move wrong.
>> No. 40007
>>40001
No, I never mentioned my reasoning for my belief that there's a size limit for blobs in the original post. If anything, I think blobs don't have the chance to grow past a certain point because of poor food access and high mortality rates. Collars have nothing to do with the matter.
>> No. 40008
>"Hold on, let me get this straight. Yukkuri can stop being yukkuri, and become... something else?"

Now I want the Bunny route even more.
>> No. 40010
[x] Get dressed
[x] Go check the noise.

I'm sad. There won't be another chance to do Yukari like that anymore (or will there). Most of the stuff we learned was of easy guessing (yukkuri with bones, sub-types, etc), and Yukari seems to have lost all interest in John with the long ass speech.

Yes, I'm mad, somewhat, even though I'm trying to rationalize and not be mad. Was there spam or not? What was the criteria for pickng the boring vote?
>> No. 40011
>>40010

Let it go man.
>> No. 40012
There is some info at wiki that belief can stop yukkuri growth (if I remember correctly), so maybe the same was used by Factory to make them big quick (a not so successful experiment).
Hmmm, this also might be a key to their potential evolution.
A malleable material in more than one sense.

[x]Groan. We screwed big time.
>> No. 40013
File 132962301155.jpg - (203.44KB , 798x600 , c3be87f57f785db452fd749a6c1aec05.jpg ) [iqdb]
40013
You groan softly as you sit up. Somehow, your night wasn't what could be called 'restful'. After dragging yourself into the bathroom to splash your face with cold water, you dress and go to investigate the noise.

You're fairly sure it had to have been a noise of some sort made deliberately, as you shouldn't have been able to hear just someone slipping an envelope under the door. You open it and peer inside. There is a Card, and a note.

You decide to cut to the chase and read the note right away.

You have been selected for the opportunity to participate in a Secret bonus game. You may profit greatly, or suffer loss.

If you choose to-


Your eyes swim for a moment, and you blink the blur away. When you look again, the contents have changed somewhat.

Proceed to the following location by sun-down, with the enclosed card and at least 1 Ticket or Token. The note instructs. It continues on with a personal scrawl, in what you guess is the Demon Queen's handwriting. "Alone."

Subtle. Very subtle, Demon Queen. You suppose that it was just an assurance that you couldn't make a liar of her by claiming that, in fact, you didn't understand what it was you weren't allowed to say no to, when the time came.

In any case, you recognise the place. It is a construction lot: something had apparently been planned for construction there, but had fallen by the wayside when the Demon Queen laid claim to the City, and it had never been resumed. It's been left that way since the beginning, you understand, and now the few piles of cinderblocks and metal rebar are heavily weathered, rusty, and overgrown with weeds.

With the deadline being long enough to handle your current plans for the day, you don't think there'll be any real issue getting there in time.

7:13 AM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 40014
[x] Interact with the yukkuri - focus on Shanghai and the Suika.
[x] Find the most gullible blob Chen - perhaps the one that had attachment issues earlier?
[x] Run experiment on the Chen - fool it into believing that it will become much bigger, stronger, and faster than its siblings because you used [insert random techno-babble] on it.
>> No. 40015
[x] Interact with the yukkuri - focus on Shanghai and the Suika.
[x] Find the most gullible blob Chen - perhaps the one that had attachment issues earlier?
-[x] Explain to it, making sure no other yukkuri overhear, that it will grow much faster than its siblings. Just get some handheld device that beeps or makes other science-like noises, point it at the Chen, make the device emit sound, and tell it something about it being exposed to Fasgro beams, which cause a yukkuri to grow fast. If Frank notices and inquires what the fuck you're doing, explain your dream and how the Demon Queen said something about yukkuri operating through belief.

We must run this Experiment, for science!
>> No. 40016
[x] Get breakfast ready.
[x] Interact with the yukkuri - focus on Shanghai and the Suika.
[x] After Alice wakes up, find the Tenshi who thinks you're it's father and the little Alice.
-[x] Tell it that yes, you are their father, so they should grow harder better, faster and stronger than the others. Tell the others that the two are special, and should be proud of them, for they will commit acts of valor. If Frank notices and inquires what the fuck you're doing, explain your dream and how the Demon Queen said something about yukkuri operating through belief.
--[x] Use the name tags. Tag the yukkuri acording to their parents, day of birth and preference. Use a notebook (or notepad on the computer) to list them all. Make a special note about the two yukkuri above.

I think it's better to use the ones who thinks John is their father. Believing they are children of a human should have a significant impact on them.

Also, their orientation includes human, so that will hopefully help their development.
>> No. 40017
>>40016
We could run both experiments.
>> No. 40018
What is it with you people and wanting to 'experiment' with yukkuri, anyway? Isn't the point of this story to like run a business? It seems like everyone keeps trying to play scientist instead of business.
>> No. 40020
[x] Interact with the yukkuri - focus on Shanghai and the Suika.
-[x] Tell that Tenshi that it either looks like its mother or father, and since it does not look like you or its mother, Tenshi must be its father.
[x] Find the most gullible blob Chen - perhaps the one that had attachment issues earlier?
[x] Run experiment on the Chen - fool it into believing that it will grow faster than its siblings because you used [insert random techno-babble] on it.
-[x] Keep a minor eye on it just in case it goes cannibal in an attempt to get the nutrients for its belief-fueled growth.
-[x] If Frank notices and inquires what the fuck you're doing, explain your dream and how the Demon Queen said something about yukkuri operating through belief.
[x] Use the name tags. Tag the yukkuri acording to their kind, body type and an identifying number (For example, L-Reimu 1 for the first bLob Reimu, O-Tenshi 7 for the seventh bOdied Tenshi). If unsure of the order of birth between siblings, number them in the order you grab them for tagging. Use a notebook (or notepad on the computer) to list them all and any pertinent information.

Let's not run the risk of people cracking the code and finding out we bother with the orientation. We can keep notes on orientation in our spreadsheet.

Also, I really don't think it's wise to tell yukkuri that we are their father, and even if we did, telling all the other yukkuri is dumb.

>>40018
You are completely correct. Still, at least this experiment won't do any harm if it goes wrong and stands a remote chance of benefiting us. But seriously guys. If you want to do actual yukkuri experimentation, do it in Patchy Quest.
>> No. 40022
>>40018
For me, it's because I find restaurants and their inner processes dull and boring. I rationalize it as the need to better understand yukkuri so that we can use them better, similar to how business managers pick up elements of psychology and sociology in their education so that they can get the most out of their employees.
>> No. 40023
>>40022
Then may I ask why you're reading this story?

I mean, if its basic premise is boring to you, why are you reading it?
>> No. 40025
>>40023
A couple of reasons - I like yukkuri and I actually really like stories about starting up an enterprise and seeing it to success. I just happen to dislike restaurants in particular because I'm somewhat familiar with their success rates and the grueling work needed to get one up and running. Since the process of running the cafe is largely abstracted in this story, it doesn't bother me one bit.
>> No. 40038
>>40025
Fair enough, just curious.
>> No. 40041
[x] Get breakfast ready.
[x] Interact with the yukkuri - focus on Shanghai and the Suika.
[x] After Alice wakes up, find the Tenshi who thinks you're it's father and the little Alice.
-[x] Tell it that yes, you are their father, so they should grow harder better, faster and stronger than the others. Tell the others that the two are special, and should be proud of them, for they will commit acts of valor. If Frank notices and inquires what the fuck you're doing, explain your dream and how the Demon Queen said something about yukkuri operating through belief.
--[x] Use the name tags.

Something that was potential trouble may now be helpful? Sweet. And agreed on not using the code, but we can't let the items go to waste.
>> No. 40042
[x] Interact with the yukkuri - focus on Shanghai and the Suika.
-[x] Tell that Tenshi that it either looks like its mother or father, and since it does not look like you or its mother, Tenshi must be its father.
[x] Find the most gullible blob Chen - perhaps the one that had attachment issues earlier?
[x] Run experiment on the Chen - fool it into believing that it will grow faster than its siblings because you used [insert random techno-babble] on it.
-[x] Keep a minor eye on it just in case it goes cannibal in an attempt to get the nutrients for its belief-fueled growth.
-[x] If Frank notices and inquires what the fuck you're doing, explain your dream and how the Demon Queen said something about yukkuri operating through belief.
>> No. 40044
>>40020
>O-Tenshi
This is a silly thing. We're not limited to text, remember. On another note, numbering blobs and bodied separately means we have to go "Bodied Tenshi Two, come here please."

[x] Interact with the yukkuri - focus on Shanghai and the Suika.
-[x] Tell that Tenshi that it either looks like its mother or father, and since it does not look like you or its mother, Tenshi must be its father.
[x] Find the most gullible blob Chen - perhaps the one that had attachment issues earlier?
[x] Run experiment on the Chen - fool it into believing that it will grow faster than its siblings because you used [insert random techno-babble] on it.
-[x] Keep a minor eye on it just in case it goes cannibal in an attempt to get the nutrients for its belief-fueled growth.
-[x] If Frank notices and inquires what the fuck you're doing, explain your dream and how the Demon Queen said something about yukkuri operating through belief.
[x] Use the name tags. Tag the yukkuri acording to their kind and the order in which they were obtained (For example, Reimu 1 for the first Reimu acquired, Tenshi 7 for the seventh Tenshi). For bodies, put the outline of a chibi bodied yukkuri on the left side, and the outline of a regular yukkuri for blobs. If unsure of the order of birth between siblings, number them in the order you grab them for tagging. Use a notebook (or notepad on the computer) to list them all and any pertinent information.
>> No. 40048
File 132977906320.jpg - (57.82KB , 640x506 , name-tags.jpg ) [iqdb]
40048
You are driven, in your partially conscious state, to focus on what you've learned, probably accidentally, from the Demon Queen.

Belief is an important thing, apparently. Yukkuri exist because they believe they exist. Or something, you aren't really clear on the specifics. But you're pretty sure, from what you've gathered, that if you can convince them to believe something about how they'll grow, they'll grow to match that belief... you think. Or something like that.

You spend a bit looking for tools to enhance verisimilitude. Something... blinky. Something that whirrs, or makes noise. Something that flashes, or beeps. Maybe something that... whistles, or jiggles, or shines a ray like a flashlight?

...

God damn it, you don't have any pointless toys that do any of those things. Except maybe the microwave. But you somehow think trying to wiggle that into being a food cooker and a magic-growth-beam dispenser might not be the brightest idea. There could be unfortunate consequences, and all. Your phone wouldn't really work either, because you use it enough that they can probably recognize it as 'the talky thing' if nothing else, and so assuming it would also magically fiddle with their growth rates might be a bit of a stretch.

You guess you could try to bluff yourself as a fancy wizard or something, but you aren't sure you can pull it off. You guess you can try, but this experiment might be best delayed until you have bluffing equipment to help out. There's probably a toy store for children or something around somewhere.

Frank seems to be sleeping a little more lightly than normal anyway, as he's started groaning and shifting on the couch somewhere during your rummaging through drawers and cabinets in the hope of finding something you know you don't have.

For the moment, you just focus on the yukkuri that have started to drag themself awake, and play with the children while Alice sets up feed. You focus on Shanghai and the Suika.

Shanghai is as delighted as ever to have your attention, though... you have to admit that her eagerly snuggling against your ear is a little bit more awkward than before, in light of recent revelations. Suika's cheery, though unsuccessful, attempt to muscle your fingers around is much more comfortable to think about than whatever might or might not be going through Shanghai's head right now.

It seems like Suika is starting to grasp that she can't really wrestle you into submitting, though. Probably a good thing. Like... that elephant thing, where they teach them not to eat peanuts, by...

No, that wasn't it at all. It had nothing to do with peanuts. It was something else, though you can't remember the details just yet. Almost definitely relevant, though.

You spend a little while labeling name-tags once Suika's had enough play and wandered off to eat and fall over on a cushion. You don't need to go into too much detail, just a number for now. Or the greek letter 'Alpha', for the original three, Suika, and the Hatate from the roof. You'll think of something better later, since you only need to keep track enough to match them to a spreadsheet you can type more details into, and you can replace the labels later.

They don't all seem to grasp that there's any meaning towards the different numbers on the otherwise all but identical tags, but seem to flaunt the ornamentation as a point of pride.

---

7:58 AM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 40049
I'm not sure why, but I'm really liking this part. Maybe the belief thing makes it feel like the story is progressing? Or maybe the thought of little Suika fighting against his fingers, little Shanghai floating around him or even the yukkuris walking proudly with their nametags.

We should expand on those anyway, as well as exploiting this belief thing.
>> No. 40050
[x] Introduce the Marisas and Reimus to the new rule, and let them know if they continue to be difficult after they start getting less food, they might end up getting no food at all.
[x] Tell that Tenshi that it either looks like its mother or father, and since it does not look like you or its mother, Tenshi must be its father.
[x] Remember to pick up an LED keychain thing next time you go out, preferably one that makes plausibly science-like noises.
[x] Look up artists and graphic designers on the laptop.

Apparently one can get a noisemaking LED thingy for around $3. Also I love how there's more description of the playing with yukkuri. It warms my flinty, stonelike heart.
>> No. 40051
At this point, we still need to:

- Rent the place and purchase the equipment.
- Design or hire someone to design the cafe's processes and then train the labor.
- Contract for supplies and arrange for the equipment installation and general preparation of the site for use.
- Create a logo and then start marketing, the exact method should depend on what's available in the City. Under ideal circumstances, we'd be able to run an online campaign based around a City-limited social media site along with an offline marketing campaign based on radio and flyers.

We might want to try to complete 1 and 3 today. They should be doable before it's time for the secret bonus game.
>> No. 40059
[x] After Alice wakes up, find the Tenshi who thinks you're it's father and the little Alice.
-[x] Tell it that yes, you are their father, so they should grow harder better, faster and stronger than the others. Tell the others that the two are special, and should be proud of them, for they will commit acts of valor. If Frank notices and inquires what the fuck you're doing, explain your dream and how the Demon Queen said something about yukkuri operating through belief.
[x] Check the chatrooms.
[x] Search the internet for what the Demon Queen said, including the effects of belief/faith/etc and if they can actively alter reality.

Don't know what to do right now...
>> No. 40061
>>40060
It doesn't seem like bottle Reimu is still coherent enough to listen to orders. Why not use one of the more obedient yukkuri that we're planning to experiment on, like one of the baby Tenshis? We use the opportunity to bond and to build verisimilitude for the lie that we're going to feed it.
>> No. 40063
>>40059
Here, allow me to show you what John will find from that last part: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Can+belief+alter+reality%3F

Also, telling all the yukkuri to expect acts of valor was stupid last update and it's stupid now.

>>40061
No, it's definitely coherent enough to follow orders, and apparently will follow them without question to boot. Not to mention it's still infant size, so it can fit in more places. Also, it doesn't matter if we lose it to rats or something.

Even if we were to not use the bottle Reimu, using a Tenshi would be silly as we're going to experiment upon a Chen.
>> No. 40064
>>40063

Why would we use a Chen, while we have a perfectly fine subject as that Tenshi? It already think it's father is a human, the work is half done. Just need to make it think it can become human, now.
>> No. 40065
>>40064
Because a sciencey-looking toy will only cost a couple money and doing it this way eliminates the risk of the yukkuri in question revealing something potentially damaging to us.
>> No. 40066
>>40063
It's obedient and not slurring, sure, but it was too terrified to even be able to answer our questions properly the last time we interacted.
>> No. 40067
>>40065

Like what? "Mister Human is my father because I saw him when I was born"? John could simply he adopted it because it's real father was crushed by a hater, or something.
>> No. 40068
If people aren't sure of the ability of the bottle Reimu to follow orders, how about we check? We've got plenty of time before we have to head out, after all.

[x] Introduce the Marisas and Reimus to the new rule, and let them know if they continue to be difficult after they start getting less food, they might end up getting no food at all.
[x] Test Reimu 1's ability to investigate enclosed spaces.
[x] Tell that Tenshi that it either looks like its mother or father, and since it does not look like you or its mother, Tenshi must be its father.
[x] Remember to pick up an LED keychain thing next time you go out, preferably one that makes plausibly science-like noises.
[x] Names, etc.
[x] Look up artists and graphic designers on the laptop.
[x] Search for fake yukkuri for the Alices.
>> No. 40069
>>40068
Seems fair. Was >>40060, revoting.

>>40051
We also need to visit the city center and parkside locations at... one and two respectively. I suggest we bring bottle Reimu along so it can check the spaces behind furniture, the space in the walls for wiring, and such.

Also we need a name. Cafe Shanghai seems good to me, but apparently not John. How about Cafe Calma or Slowdown Cafe?

[x] Introduce the Marisas and Reimus to the new rule, and let them know if they continue to be difficult after they start getting less food, they might end up getting no food at all.
[x] Test Reimu 1's ability to investigate enclosed spaces.
[x] Tell that Tenshi that it either looks like its mother or father, and since it does not look like you or its mother, Tenshi must be its father.
[x] Remember to pick up an LED keychain thing next time you go out, preferably one that makes plausibly science-like noises.
[x] Names, etc.
[x] Look up artists and graphic designers on the laptop.
[x] Search for fake yukkuri for the Alices.
>> No. 40082
File 132988734533.jpg - (504.41KB , 500x1500 , 6c840597d7aab399245774a4c5977795be68622b.jpg ) [iqdb]
40082
Chatting with the little Tenshi goes well enough, you suppose. It seems kind of stubborn, though, and not quite willing to let go of its initial assumption even as you lay evidence out in front of it. It seems to have been long since convinced not to advertise its conclusion, at least, which is... well, something.

The crib-yukkuri are not exactly enthused with the concept of their rations being cut. Marisa manages to mostly shush them into line, but it seems that the mother Reimu is starting to warm up to you and lose some of the timidity. You can tell this because she looks downright offended at the thought that her babies might not get food for doing nothing, and seems close to voicing her thoughts about it, such as they may be.

She thinks better of it after a long moment, though, and contents herself with just some quiet sulking.

Speaking of the children, you guess that they're 'young' now, but not 'young adults', just yet. There's still plenty of room to move in the crib, but once they all hit adult age... it's going to be a pretty tight squeeze, by your estimation. Especially with the particularly empty-headed ones bloating outwards more from their sluggish and sedentary existence. Where most of the blobs are recognizably supposed to be a head, although past the factory-bred's 'a little pudgy, really', and leaning towards obese, the dumb ones are basically balls of fatness that sit there, jiggling and smiling with that vacant stare of theirs.

The factory ones are probably bred for being as attractive as possible, and so a degree closer to human proportions than the stray ones, given things... but this is just ridiculous. If they had to actually move somewhere, you doubt they would 'bounce' so much as 'roll'.

By contrast, the bottle Reimu, clearly marked as '1' in an only partially thought out attempt to bolster its psyche somehow, has started growing some, and seems to be about the size of a 'Child' yukkuri now. Aside from that, it's grown... oddly. It's increased in size, yes, but its proportion and shape is slightly different, too.

It takes you a few minutes of holding it, quivering, in your hands and calmingly stroking her hair before you think you've figured it out. She seems to be going a bit even past the factory blobs... possibly even a little past the bodied yukkuri, which are pretty close to human already on the sliding scale of judging human faces vs yukkuri. She'll probably always have a little 'baby fat', if the term translates over well enough, but you can guess that people might easily mistake her for... well, a disembodied head. Or decapitated head. If you think about it too hard, that might actually be a little creepier than the ones a little further away from passing for human, somehow.

Well, whatever. Her unease seems to halt immediately, and she calms right down when you tell her to go around behind and beneath the furniture and come back, and she's off like a shot to do your bidding. Once she gets back, and you pick her up again, she starts trembling again. But not quite as much.

... You get the feeling that you're somehow both alleviating and reinforcing things, here, and you aren't really sure if that's a good or bad thing. ... Probably not healthy, psychologically speaking, but you can't really say you mind the instant obedience without question thing, either. Well, you're really hoping that there aren't any holes in the walls at either location, to be honest, but you guess she's still small enough that she could fit in them if they exist, presuming that the hole is big enough for her to squeeze through in the first place. It'll probably be dark inside, and there'll be at least a little chance of her getting stuck.

You'll have to think about this if you decide to bring her along. And also weigh the odds of mice or what-not, you guess. She can probably still peek around under and behind big, hard to move things like furniture and equipment, though.

For now, you resolve to pick up some sort of blinky keychain thing while shopping, along with maybe more name-tags if you plan to have more litters. You've half considered, already, taking another shot at trying to get a bodied Hatate, and now at least you've confirmed that the odds aren't so long as to be out of the question. In the meantime, though, you turn to the internet, deciding without really thinking about it to kill two birds with one stone by searching for artists and fake yukkuri at the same time.

The hunt for artists doesn't go very well. You find them, certainly, but every one seems to be living in the real world, outside of your reach. You would probably get results faster by just walking down the streets and asking pedestrians if they happen to know anyone who might fit the bill, you reflect.

The hunt for false yukkuri, however, goes... at the same time 'not well at all' and 'all too well', with unfortunate results. The worst of the lot, in some senses, are small beanbags and pillows with faces and hair poorly scribbled on them with markers. You're looking for more realistic.... toys.

And you find them, and startlingly enough, they're designed for what you plan for them. Essentially. More or less. It's just that they aren't designed for yukkuri to use them in that fashion. There are pictures and explanations, regarding how to use it, along with a short clip. One review gives it a one out of five, 'only because there isn't an option for zero out of five', and goes on to at length complain about having to warm up and lubricate the silicon rubber inside, and how it feels all wrong, 'much too loose', 'The tongue doesn't move or stretch at all, hardly any point to the fake mouth', 'They can move, sort of work around you, when they're getting into it and starting to enjoy themselves', and in every way compare the item unfavorably to the option of just finding a live yukkuri that was amenable enough to being made a 'pet'. There are many reviews that voice similar sentiment, though not in such detail.

... You're grudgingly forced to admit that this guy might have a point, weird as it seems, and it seems like they're out of stock and not bothering to make any more anyway. Toys like this don't seem to sell well when there's a more readily available, if not really publicly spoken, option available, you guess.

After leaving that behind, you find one more sort of toy. Only this vibrating one is, it seems, designed.... more to torment a yukkuri, really, than for it to enjoy itself playing with. It advertises that the vibrations are more than enough to 'get it going, drive it nuts trying to reach the end, but never actually get there', to paraphrase. There's a short clip, without sound, of an Alice blob sobbing as it desperately gyrates itself against the contraption, clearly getting nowhere but unable to stop. They're out of stock of this, too, but even though they have a listed day and time when more are available, this is pretty much exactly the opposite of the result you were hoping for, so it's not like you're going to buy one anyway.

...

You realize, belatedly, that while you set Reimu down a while ago, you never bothered to tell her to leave, having forgotten that it seems like she's not going to get bored and wander off on her own. She's still sitting on the arm of your chair, just by your elbow, wide-eyed and trembling again. She seems to relax some as you quickly close the window, as apparently the demonstration of the other product is much more palatable than the image of an Alice silently screaming with tears running down on its face as it desperately fails to reach some sort of relief.

Some rapid hair-stroking and soothing noises seems to calm her down more. You're really glad Frank has drifted off to a deeper sleep again, as you would really hate to have to explain this to him, even with the laptop muted. Once you think you can spare a hand again, the very first thing you do is close that window as well, followed by the laptop itself.

Some more effort seems to be enough to calm her sufficiently to fall right to sleep in your hands. She does seem a bit more relaxed than the last time this sort of thing happened, though, and doesn't shiver as much in her slumber.

---

9:00 AM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 40083
[x] Tell Alice to masturbate when the need is high or use the baster as a dildo, washing it before and after. Either way, she shouldn't bother you for sex.
[x] Tell Alice not to pass on any special training in the arts of sex with humans to its human-loving offspring.
[x] Enquire into the trained yukkuris' lack of yukkuri-speak. Could they go back and forth between it and normal speech on command?
[x] Well, you know Reimu 1 can be told to go places. But can it tell you about them? Question it about the strange realm that lies under the couch.
[x] Yeah, you should definitely get some more nametags.
[x] Pay attention to Reimu A. You'll definitely have to chastise it soon.
[x] Have Alice A fill up the baster and inject it into Hatate A. Wash it off, have Chen A fill it up, and inject Marisa A and Reimu A.
-[x] No, you won't help them fill it up.

Need more babies for more potential breeds we have bodies of. Also, I think some maid cafes offer a choice for a tsundere waitress, so maybe we could do something similar for yukkuri-obsessed customers and have their waitresses speak yukkuri?
>> No. 40084
[x] Tell Alice to masturbate when the need is high or use the baster as a dildo, washing it before and after. Either way, she shouldn't bother you for sex.
[x] Tell Alice not to pass on any special training in the arts of sex with humans to its human-loving offspring.
[x] Enquire into the trained yukkuris' lack of yukkuri-speak. Could they go back and forth between it and normal speech on command?
[x] Well, you know Reimu 1 can be told to go places. But can it tell you about them? Question it about the strange realm that lies under the couch.
[x] Yeah, you should definitely get some more nametags.
[x] Pay attention to Reimu A. You'll definitely have to chastise it soon.
[x] Have Alice A fill up the baster and inject it into Hatate A. Wash it off, have Tenshi A fill it up, and inject Marisa A. Repeat the process a third time with Chen A filling it up and Reimu A being injected.
-[x] No, you won't help them fill it up.

Seems good, but let's get some Tenshis too.
>> No. 40086
You guys do know we are going to be drowning in pastry heads pretty soon, right? Do we really need more yukkuri at this point?
>> No. 40087
We're going to run out of space and it seems like we might need to arrange for exercise for the things.
>> No. 40088
>>40087
I think the obese description of the wild ones and the 'bit pudgy' of the factory ones are compared to a normal person's head and only the buris are fat for a yukkuri. At least that's the impression I got.
>> No. 40089
>>40088
That seems like a reasonable explanation - though acclimating the yukkuri to movement and rougher motion might also be wise. I suppose it depends on the pet culture surrounding them - do people take them on walks and so on?
>> No. 40090
>>40089
Luckily, their play involves roughhousing:
>there's the occasional moment when one'll 'crawl' for a short way, before pouncing on one of its siblings, sending the both of them rolling end over end.
Unless you were talking about the buris, in which case it probably couldn't hurt.
>> No. 40091
>>40090
Yep, I remember that, I was thinking more along the lines of the Marisas and Reimus because I wasn't sure they were getting as much playtime as the others. I consider the buris a lost cause in that regard.
>> No. 40095
[x] Inquire into the trained yukkuris' lack of yukkuri-speak. Could they go back and forth between it and normal speech on command?
[x] Yeah, you should definitely get some more nametags when you go shopping again.
[x] Have Alice A fill up the baster and inject it into Hatate A. Wash it off, have Tenshi A fill it up, and inject Marisa A. Repeat the process a third time with Chen A filling it up and Reimu A being injected.
-[x] Inject some Hatate into Alice again.
>> No. 40097
[x] Tell Alice to masturbate when the need is high or use the baster as a dildo, washing it before and after. Either way, she shouldn't bother you for sex.
[x] Tell Alice not to pass on any special training in the arts of sex with humans to its human-loving offspring.
[x] Enquire into the trained yukkuris' lack of yukkuri-speak. Could they go back and forth between it and normal speech on command?
[x] Well, you know Reimu 1 can be told to go places. But can it tell you about them? Question it about the strange realm that lies under the couch.
[x] Yeah, you should definitely get some more nametags.
[x] Pay attention to Reimu A. You'll definitely have to chastise it soon.

Wow, never expected THAT mutation of Reimu-1, it's a shame that it's a blob. Also, the internet in the city never stops to amaze me.
Anyway, do we really need more yukkuri? We don't even have buyers for the others.
>> No. 40098
[x] Inquire into the trained yukkuris' lack of yukkuri-speak. Could they go back and forth between it and normal speech on command?
[x] Yeah, you should definitely get some more nametags when you go shopping again.
[x] Have Alice A fill up the baster and inject it into Hatate A. Wash it off, have Tenshi A fill it up, and inject Marisa A. Repeat the process a third time with Chen A filling it up and Reimu A being injected.
-[x] Inject some Hatate into Alice again.

Impregnate Alice again for better chances.
>> No. 40100
>Impregnate Alice again for better chances.

This. We're breeding the yukkuri again because we want bodied yukkuri, so we can get rid of the blobs. And I think we should reward Alice for giving birth to a blob's babies, again.

Also, it's too soon to put Reimu under watch right now. Let's wait for her to act before thinking of punishing her.

[x] Marisa A is behaving well enough. Give her a treat for good behavior.
[x] Inquire into the trained yukkuris' lack of yukkuri-speak. Could they go back and forth between it and normal speech on command?
[x] Yeah, you should definitely get some more nametags when you go shopping again.
[x] Have Alice A fill up the baster and inject it into Hatate A. Wash it off, have Tenshi A fill it up, and inject Marisa A. Repeat the process a third time with Chen A filling it up and Reimu A being injected.
-[x] Inject some Hatate into Alice again.
>> No. 40101
[x] Tell Alice to masturbate when the need is high or use the baster as a dildo, washing it before and after. Either way, she shouldn't bother you for sex.
[x] Tell Alice not to pass on any special training in the arts of sex with humans to its human-loving offspring.
[x] Yeah, you should definitely get some more nametags when you go shopping again.
[x] Have Alice A fill up the baster and inject it into Hatate A. Wash it off, have Tenshi A fill it up, and inject Marisa A. Repeat the process a third time with Chen A filling it up and Reimu A being injected.
-[x] Inject some Hatate into Alice again.
[x] Marisa A is behaving well enough. Give it a treat for good behavior.
>> No. 40102
>[x] Tell Alice not to pass on any special training in the arts of sex with humans to its human-loving offspring.

haven't we done that already?
>> No. 40103
>>40102
We did, and it was misunderstood as an order not to give it's children the talk. We clarified, and Alice said that teaching depended on the yukkuri's orientation, but we didn't end up giving a concrete order.
>> No. 40113
File 133003063321.jpg - (2.80KB , 227x160 , baster.jpg ) [iqdb]
40113
Usually, you'll admit, you're pretty prone to acting on whatever first pops into your head. You think you're similar to Frank, in that respect. The difference between you two is usually that you can hold back a moment, think about it, and restrain yourself if what you're about to do or say is completely pointless, or just really stupid.

The idea you just thought of is... it might be both, you think.

Just to start, in hindsight, you're pretty sure Alice already does that. And frequently. And to boot, it isn't just 'when the need builds up' but more 'to keep the need from building up too much'. Which is an important distinction, because as you understand it, once it gets that high no amount of just taking matters into her own hands would be fixing things. ... You also got the distinct sense, though not in so many words, that it was just a holding and delaying measure, slowing things to a crawl but not really stopping them, as such. It's the impression you got from what Alice said, anyway. She didn't really go into details about better approaches, actually, but you can hazard a guess or two even without knowing the specifics.

Aside from that, the baster is kind of... well, shape-wise at least, it might be a vague approximation of something that would work, but the thing is that it's a really hard material, and the end doesn't quite come to a sharp point, but it's close. You can all too easily see accidents happening with that, which is why you're careful about using it, since you aren't really enthused about the idea of having to pour orange juice down Alice's throat over something like that. Adapting it for use as an aid is really... you can think of a couple things in the apartment that might be a worse idea than the baster, on consideration. Not many, though.

But the point is, you're suddenly getting cold feet over the whole intercourse matter. You think you might be a little happier if she didn't look to you for help with it, even knowing as you do now that she needs this sort of thing to not devolve into a slobbering and barely coherent ball of unquenchable lust, and doesn't just really enjoy it and want to enjoy it with you. Though that is also true. Yes, never mind that she isn't asking for it right now, you should probably go right ahead and tell her not to bother coming to you for help. There's almost definitely some sort of moral imperative to this, too. Like how you shouldn't sleep with women you don't plan to marry, or men, full stop. Well, maybe you won't bring up the matter yourself, because if you did before anyone else put it on the table, just to insist on disinterest, it might come off wrong and be interpreted as you trying too hard to be convincing.

But if she does come to you over it... well, that's probably better phrased as a 'when', since it's likely going to happen sooner or later. When, then, you'll definitely shoo her away. Even if she looks up at you, trembling, with wide watery eyes as she shivers and complains about how the tingling just won't stop, you'll hold firm to this conviction and leave her to figure out something to deal with matters on her own, as you ignore the issue.

.... now if your anatomy would just agree with your thoughts already, that would be grand.

In the end, you just call her aside and ask her quietly not to teach her children anything... illicit, involving humans. She gives you a funny look, not seeming to grasp where this came from, but goes on to assure you that everything just boiled down to the bare mechanics of insert Tab A into Slot B, though not in so many words, and point out again that she doesn't have any say in telling the infants that they should or should not be interested in non-yukkuri tabs or slots.

She agrees not to teach any of them but Alice anything more than those basics, though, and Alice only because it was apparently a thing that would most likely need to be taught anyway, just later. So no instruction on anything kinky, or any suggestions that they should go out specifically looking for humans, which is good.

She also curiously wonders if human parents teach their babies every little thing they know about that sort of thing, if that's why you're making a point out of this. You're quick to deny this, and finding that the conversation has suddenly gone very awkward for you, you switch the subject, and ask her to fill up the baster.

It seems like she was going to seclude herself for a little bit soon anyway, so she doesn't have an issue with it, though it seems from what you quietly over-hear that she's walked in on the younger Alice in the process. Neither of them leave the bathroom. You guess it's like a sort of strange bonding experience for them, or something.

While you wait, you scribble out a note to pick up more name-tags while you're out, before you get back from the locations. You're definitely going to need them, after this set of breeding. You'll need them even if, against all odds, you only get one infant from every impregnation. Most likely, you'll be getting more.

Hatate is startled, when Alice is done, to find you carefully holding her in place as you slide the equipment into position and pump the baster's contents inside, mechanically impregnating her. It takes some careful work to clean out the last traces from inside, afterwards, and get it ready to pass off to Tenshi.

While you're waiting for her to finish up, you meddle with the traumatized Reimu some more, since she wasn't asleep long. It seems she can more or less report things she sees. And apparently, the areas beneath your couch and chair are very dirty, have a few dead spiders scattered around... and she found a bit of purple paper underneath. Which, when you have her drag it out from under the couch, turns out to be a ticket.

You're startled into silence with the 'how' and 'why' of the ticket getting there, but a quick check shows that you still have your two... well, three now, tickets, and that this one is identical to the others. It's a little baffling. Did the Demon Queen... personally slip into your apartment, and conceal it there? What could that possibly be in aid of... a reward, for experimenting with what Reimu could do? How could she even know you'd decide to do that? Or that it wouldn't just lie there indefinitely, since you have no real reason or intention to drag the heavy couch around anywhere, so it would have just gone un-noticed indefinitely. Was she just giggling at the thought of a ticket sitting right under your nose, and you not realizing it? .... would she be upset that you found it? Maybe you should just put it back, and pretend you never noticed... no, no you've found the thing, you might as well keep it. No point second-guessing and trying to out-think the Demon Queen, you have the suspicion you'll give yourself a headache. In any case, Tenshi looks vaguely satisfied with herself, and the baster's full again. Time to continue on.

"Alright, you two. I've decided to let you have some more babies." You say, even as the pair seem startled at the declaration.

"R-really, Mister?" Marisa says, turning sidelong eyes Reimu's way. In turn, the mother just blushes a little, as Marisa edges a little closer.

You pick her up and hold her still before too much can progress in that regard, startling them both again.

"Not with each other." You explain, carefully locating things before Marisa starts to squirm, uncomfortably.

"Wh-wha... What does Mister... Wait, no, what is mister do-nng!" Marisa says, as you quickly do your work, then set her back down. You might have been a little too forceful, there, but it's a little harder when they aren't holding expectantly still for this.

"Alright, there you go." You say. "Be sure to have lots of babies for me, alright, Marisa?"

"Marisa... doesn't understand..." She says slowly, as you leave, not seeming sure about what just happened.

Washing and preparing the baster with Chen's efforts takes a little while again, and you fill it with questions about more expected yukkuri chatter and catchphrases. It seems like there's nothing stopping them from talking that way, they've just had it thoroughly explained how irritating most people find it, and consciously and deliberately choose not to talk that way, in order to avoid aggravation. When you come back to the crib, Reimu is in a state of heightened wariness, and shuffles back against the side as you approach.

"Your turn." You say, not really considering it first. Panic ensues.

"N-no! Reimu doesn't wanna make babies!" She insists, hopping out of the way of your hand and rousing the sudden wailing franticness of most of the infants in the process. It's no trouble to catch her, really, but she struggles a lot more than Marisa did.

"Reimu doesn't want to make babies!" She insists again. "Stop it, Mister! This isn't easy at all! Reimu's mamumamu is only for Marisa! Reimu's mamumamu is only for Marisa!"

... You just sort of tune the complaints out, trying to ignore that they're making you feel a little uncomfortable, and leave her to sulk in a corner of the crib after, infants still in a confused uproar. Then you wash and rinse out the well-traveled baster again.

You should probably double up on Hatate, come to think of it, since you're really more interested in potentially getting bodied variations of her type than Marisa or Reimu. With her not having hands, though, things get a little more problematic. Yeah, you'll have to help out. She's startled again, as you catch her, but some calming words relax her, and she doesn't really complain as you carefully... milk what you need into the baster, is what you guess is the most delicate way to put it.

She floats quickly away, flushing, once you release her. Unlike before, though, she pauses a bit away and looks awkward, suspended in midair.

"U-um..... th-thank you, Mister?" She says, uncertainly. Then, as you blink, she zips away again, retreating to her nest.

You make quick work of this last impregnation, then just leave the baster soaking in the sink. This has taken a while, you reflect. Well, there's no real rushing things in filling the baster, you guess, so it goes a good bit slower.

---

11:07 AM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 40114
Wonderful, we just had the protagonist rape a couple of yukkuri with an instrument.

We're going to need to pay extra special attention tomorrow morning to make sure that the pair don't hurt the offspring and that they don't deliberately crush them in the process of birthing. We'll definitely need to look up ways to prevent that on the Internet, maybe see if there are any tricks that force yukkuri to give birth without being able to induce contractions or even the yukkuri equivalent of a c-section.
>> No. 40118
>>40114

Their mouths said no. Their bodies said yes. Or maybe I've just been seeing too much smut lately.

Regardless, our protag seems to have hilariously failed this time around.
>> No. 40119
[x] Talk to the suika and see what her verbal tick is, if she has any.
[x] Ask the Alpha Yukkuri if they want to go with you to visit the places.
[x] Check the contest's site for more info, if there are any news.
[x] Waste time until next appointment.
>> No. 40121
Could someone please tell me what appointments we've made for the day?
>> No. 40122
>>40121

No. You will have to reread the entire story, back from thread one.
>> No. 40123
>>40121
>>40069
>> No. 40126
Oh yeah, Reimu A and Marisa A aren't on board with making babies on command.

[x] Even though they're just yukkuri, Reimu A and Marisa A deserve somewhat better than sudden rape by baster. Explain you why you injected them (don't tell them it gives you the option to throw them out the window), point out it's better than refreshing with the bodied ones directly, and assure them that you won't make them take care of the kids.
-[x] Tell them you'll give them some sweet-sweets once the children are born. Make sure they understand that this is a rare thing.
--[x] If a quick internet search tells you unborn children won't get addicted from sweets eaten by the parent, give them some now too.
-[x] If you think the warning is needed, tell them that harming the babies will be punished harshly.
[x] Talk with Alice A, Chen A, or Tenshi A. One or more of them has been at home at any given time since you got them, so they should be able to tell you if they've seen Reimu A or Marisa A teach anything important-looking to their children that isn't covered in their own training.
[x] Look up Patchoulis.
[x] Brainstorm uses for blobs.
-[x] Cleaning the floor.
-[x] Keeping an eye out for miscreants.
[x] Don't forget to take along Reimu 1 to your appointments.
>> No. 40127
>>40123
Thanks.

[x] Even though they're just yukkuri, Reimu A and Marisa A deserve somewhat better than sudden rape by baster. Explain you why you injected them (don't tell them it gives you the option to throw them out the window), point out it's better than refreshing with the bodied ones directly, and assure them that you won't make them take care of the kids.
-[x] Tell them you'll give them some sweet-sweets once the children are born. Make sure they understand that this is a rare thing.
--[x] If a quick internet search tells you unborn children won't get addicted from sweets eaten by the parent, give them some now too.
-[x] If you think the warning is needed, tell them that harming the babies will be punished harshly.
[x] Continue teaching Alice to waitress.
>> No. 40128
[x] Even though they're just yukkuri, Reimu A and Marisa A deserve somewhat better than sudden rape by baster. Explain you why you injected them (don't tell them it gives you the option to throw them out the window), point out it's better than refreshing with the bodied ones directly, and assure them that you won't make them take care of the kids.
-[x] Tell them you'll give them some sweet-sweets once the children are born. Make sure they understand that this is a rare thing.
-[x] If you think the warning is needed, tell them that harming the babies will be punished harshly.
[x] Talk with Alice A, Chen A, or Tenshi A. One or more of them has been at home at any given time since you got them, so they should be able to tell you if they've seen Reimu A or Marisa A teach anything important-looking to their children that isn't covered in their own training.

I feel no pity for fodder, but we should try to pacify them, and reward them after the births. I don't trust that they will become content with birthing alien children and keep any promises if they already have the reward.
>> No. 40129
[x] Even though they're just yukkuri, Reimu A and Marisa A deserve somewhat better than sudden rape by baster. Explain you why you injected them (don't tell them it gives you the option to throw them out the window), point out it's better than refreshing with the bodied ones directly, and assure them that you won't make them take care of the kids.
-[x] Tell them you'll give them some sweet-sweets once the children are born. Make sure they understand that this is a rare thing.
-[x] If you think the warning is needed, tell them that harming the babies will be punished harshly.
[x] Talk with Alice A, Chen A, or Tenshi A. One or more of them has been at home at any given time since you got them, so they should be able to tell you if they've seen Reimu A or Marisa A teach anything important-looking to their children that isn't covered in their own training.
[x] Waitress training for Alice A and maybe Tenshi A
[x] Brainstorm uses for blobs.
-[x] Cleaning the floor.
-[x] Keeping an eye out for miscreants.
[x] Don't forget to take along Reimu 1 to your appointments.

Wow, so now we have the toll for the secret Yukari event of today and we get to keep our original tickets, awesome.
>> No. 40130
[x] Even though they're just yukkuri, Reimu A and Marisa A deserve somewhat better than sudden rape by baster. Explain you why you injected them (don't tell them it gives you the option to throw them out the window), point out it's better than refreshing with the bodied ones directly, and assure them that you won't make them take care of the kids.
-[x] Tell them you'll give them some sweet-sweets once the children are born. Make sure they understand that this is a rare thing.
-[x] If you think the warning is needed, tell them that harming the babies will be punished harshly.
[x] Talk with Alice A, Chen A, or Tenshi A. One or more of them has been at home at any given time since you got them, so they should be able to tell you if they've seen Reimu A or Marisa A teach anything important-looking to their children that isn't covered in their own training.
[x] Given that bottle Reimu is possibly becoming a more human like head, allow Marisa and Reimu to have children with each other afterwards. Do not tell these children not to call you slave and remind Marisa that it is her responsiblity to do so. If any misbehave than bottle them.

We do need more sources of income because a cafe will be lucky to pay back our debts, let alone win.
>> No. 40131
>>40130
It's Marisa A's responsibility to call us her slave?

Joking about grammatical ambiguities aside, Reimu 1 was apparently both extremely lucky and possessed of an uncommonly sound mind to only go as crazy as she did. Most yukkuri would have fared much worse. Though no specifics were given in-story, such outcome would likely include completely losing all grip on reality, becoming completely catatonic, or simply starting to vomit up paste until death, as those are common ways a yukkuri goes insane.

Plus, I'm not sure there's really that much of a market for human-head yukkuri.
>> No. 40132
>>40131
Sorry, English is my third language.

We do need to find other methods of income however. If anyone has studied Business, a Cafe is actually one of the worst options we could have picked for this kind of competition.

It it is managed well it can create a reliable cash stream but I believe that once we should be looking at other sources of cash.
>> No. 40134
>>40132
No need to apologize, it's actually an error that native speakers often make. It's also, strictly speaking, not an error, just something that could be taken more than one way.

I believe we're supplementing our income by selling yukkuri as pets. While that's might not be enough, let's at least wait and see how much money we actually get from running the cafe - the City, being a completely isolated patch of land, quite possibly has a different economic situation than the real world.
>> No. 40136
Of course, if anyone can find another source of greater Reliable income, then it should still be possible to switch. This was just the best option that was put up at the time.
>> No. 40137
[x] Even though they're just yukkuri, Reimu A and Marisa A deserve somewhat better than sudden rape by baster. Explain you why you injected them (don't tell them it gives you the option to throw them out the window), point out it's better than refreshing with the bodied ones directly, and assure them that you won't make them take care of the kids.
-[x] Tell them you'll give them some sweet-sweets once the children are born. Make sure they understand that this is a rare thing.
-[x] If you think the warning is needed, tell them that harming the babies will be punished harshly.
[x] Talk to the suika and see what her verbal tick is, if she has any.
[x] Check the contest's site for more info, if there are any news.
>> No. 40138
>>40136

Should have gone with tha trap vote~

It would make John's life easier with him acting as a ver appealing advertising, and/or when he finally fails repaying the mafia...

[x] Even though they're just yukkuri, Reimu A and Marisa A deserve somewhat better than sudden rape by baster. Explain you why you injected them (don't tell them it gives you the option to throw them out the window), point out it's better than refreshing with the bodied ones directly, and assure them that you won't make them take care of the kids.
-[x] Tell them you'll give them some sweet-sweets once the children are born. Make sure they understand that this is a rare thing.
>> No. 40139
>>40138
I gotta admit, that vote would've made me crack a grin - it's kind of nice that this story is so quirky at times.
>> No. 40140
[x] Even though they're just yukkuri, Reimu A and Marisa A deserve somewhat better than sudden rape by baster. Explain you why you injected them (don't tell them it gives you the option to throw them out the window), point out it's better than refreshing with the bodied ones directly, and assure them that you won't make them take care of the kids.
-[x] Tell them you'll give them some sweet-sweets once the children are born. Make sure they understand that this is a rare thing.
-[x] If you think the warning is needed, tell them that harming the babies will be punished harshly.
[x] Talk with Alice A, Chen A, and/or Tenshi A. One or more of them has been at home at any given time since you got them, so they should be able to tell you if they've seen Reimu A or Marisa A teach anything important-looking to their children that isn't covered in their own training.
[x] Waitress training for Alice A and maybe Tenshi A.
[x] Brainstorm uses for blobs.
-[x] Cleaning the floor.
-[x] Keeping an eye out for miscreants.
[x] Don't forget to take along Reimu 1 to your appointments.

Even with only bodies impregnating other bodies, we're going to have roughly half blobs. Need to find many, many uses for them.
>> No. 40141
>>40140
It's been done, twice. Unless you guys come up with new ideas, blobs are either useless or active hindrances when it comes to running a restaurant. Seriously, do you guys want the critters running underfoot where they can easily be crushed by inattentive customers or even the bigger bodied yukkuri?

There's no way to use blobs unless you get blobs of exceptional intelligence and even then most possible jobs can be pretty dangerous for them. Get them to do advertising on the streets? Birds. Get them to do cleaning? The detergent and water are dangerous to them, not to mention the problem of how they're going to do the cleaning without hands. They could use their hair, but that's damn pathetic considering how little work they'd actually be doing compared to how much space they take up.

Blobs are for selling, except for maybe a couple of exceptionally good-natured families that you can stick in a yukkurarium or something. Average yukkuri are useless for that because they'll probably end up pooping, having sex, or fighting one another while customers are watching. And none of these things are conductive to business.
>> No. 40142
>>40141
Addendum - blob Hatates might actually be useful as watch-blobs. They're fast and they might be smart enough to be taught. So there's that at least.

We should play to their strengths if we want to use yukkuri. If you want blobs to clean up, try to plan to pick up a Sakuya.

Actually, we should try to pick up a Sakuya anyways because bodied ones would pretty much be perfect for our labor force.
>> No. 40144
>>40141
>>40142
By cleaning the floor, I meant picking up dropped trash and stuff, not mopping the floor. I'd assume they do that sort of thing in the wild, but with food instead. I believe that they have to have some way of carrying an appreciable amount of objects, as they are effectively immobile during stalk births and must rely on their mate to bring them food at least until the little ones are born, and quite probably some time after that.

And yeah, blobs are mainly for selling, but this is just in case we have any left over/while we're waiting for buyers.

Sakuya types would be nice, but I despair of actually getting one.
>> No. 40145
>>40144
That's more reasonable than the image I had in my head of a blob trying to mop the floor with a rag, though I still question whether it's worth it. There won't be enough things falling on the floor for a dedicated trash picker to be needed, not to mention whatever that needs to be picked up can be handled by whomever gets to mop up in the end.

Generally though, Marisas are often portrayed as using their hats to store things.
>> No. 40149
>>40145
Hmm, yeah.
They'd be good at getting stuff under tables that would normally make somebody crawl under the table, though.
>> No. 40150
Am I the only one who think letting blob yukkuri walk freely during the job is a bad idea? I think it's goona scare even non-haters.
>> No. 40151
>>40149
Right, but can you imagine the kind of training that they'd need before they'd be willing to do that kind of thing? You'd need either a yukkuri with a good personality and some intelligence so that it's willing to listen to you or a yukkuri tough enough to endure the 'beat it into submission' routine without going crazy or dead or so maimed that it's useless.

And even then, it's still cheaper to train one of the bodied yukkuri to use a mop. If your restaurant layout and equipment results in no one being able to reach under your tables to clean them, you're probably doing it wrong.

Heck, it's probably best to eliminate dust-catching spaces whenever possible when designing layouts.
>> No. 40153
>>40150
I'd be more worried about getting our asses sued because a customer wasn't watching, slipped on a blob, and then hurt himself/herself while on our premises due to our policies.
>> No. 40154
>>40150
... Yukkuri aren't scary. Unless you meant it would discourage business, which it probably wouldn't, seeing as we would only let well-behaved yukkuri anywhere near the customers and we already have bodied yukkuri wandering about.

>>40151
I can't imagine the training could be that bad, given that the job is basically "Pick up all the trash you can and put it over here".

But whatever, if the tables and chairs can't be easily moved then we are indeed likely doing something wrong with the layout.
>> No. 40155
>>40154
Using blobs to pick up garbage is inefficient and ineffective compared to using bodied yukkuri. They're about the same when it comes to being taught, but the clean up processes are much harder for blobs. For example, how exactly will blobs be able to dump any garbage that they collect? Any container that is designed to be low enough for them to reach will be too small to be useful as a garbage container. Keep in mind that blobs hit about basketball size or a little bigger and that they probably don't have either the strength or the dexterity to dump a load of trash reliably over a barrier that comes up to their eyes.
>> No. 40156
File 133012175395.jpg - (273.35KB , 552x386 , Touhou_yukkuri_Reimu____by_kutaraa.jpg ) [iqdb]
40156
..... You're starting to feel a little guilty, now. You probably didn't need to be so abrupt about doing things. You could definitely have explained what you were doing, and why. Or at least asked how they felt about the idea, even if they really didn't have a choice in the matter when it came down to it.

Maybe you should apologize, or do something to make up for it. You make a quick detour to the kitchen first, though.

Marisa cringes as you approach, and Reimu just continues to sulk in a corner. The children don't seem to thoroughly grasp anything more than that you've upset the parents somehow, but seem somewhat hostile because of it anyway. Except for the premature ones, at least, which don't seem to register that anything is wrong at all.

"Hey, relax. I'm done." You say. "I should have explained properly before, I guess. But you're going to be having some babies for me now. I won't make you take care of them, alright?"

Marisa scowls, and you continue quickly.

"And it may have been awkward, but you'd rather it have been done that way than... well, by refreshing directly, right?" You point out.

Marisa goes a little white at the thought, and you think you can hear Reimu gagging a little as she shudders.

"Well, there you have it." You say, pulling a couple pieces of candy out and displaying them. Their attention seems caught by the sugary treats, even as Reimu peers suspiciously out of her corner at them. "And anyway, once you've had the babies, I'll be giving you a treat. Yummy sweets..."

"... Sweet-sweets?" Marisa says, seeming deeply suspicious of the little bits of sugar. "Not Mister's trick?"

You pop one into your mouth as a demonstration of it being the real thing.

"Delicious sweets." You say around it, mouth filling with overly sugary artificial flavor. "After you've made these babies for me. All right?"

They both still seem upset and bitter about the situation, but the prospect of sweets seems encouraging to them. They probably won't take their frustration out on the infants, 'accidentally'. Still, you'd better be sure. Wouldn't do for them to waste this effort and make you have to try again.

"These babies are important." You continue. "If anything.... happens to them before I get them, well. I'd be really unhappy about that. You understand, Marisa?" You say, warningly.

She shudders, and you nod, leaving them to get over it on their own as you turn your attention to other things. You'll probably want to leave at least twenty minutes early, to get there on time, but your first appointment isn't until one. It won't be an issue.

A quick conference with the girls shows that the only notable thing they've seen the crib yukkuri teaching was when Marisa showed the smaller Marisa how there was room in their hats to keep things for later. Aside from Chen noticing that, none of the three have seen either of the parents teach their young anything special. It could be from lack of opportunity or reason, though... there's not much to learn to do, or need to learn about, inside of the crib with all of their needs taken care of, after all.

Anyway, some time yet to either fill productively or fritter away, and Frank just started groaning and sat up to rub at his head, on the couch.

---

11:25 AM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 40157
[x] Kick Frank awake. He needs to know what you're doing that is not involved with the Demon Queen (besides the contest).
[x] Waste time.
>> No. 40158
[x] Congratulate Frank on managing to get up before noon.
-[x] Fill him in on the Demon Queen dream and how you found an extra ticket.
[x] Look up what Marisas and Reimus teach their kids. They're the most common, so there should be some info somewhere.
[x] Look up Patchoulis.
[x] Look up Nitoris.
[x] Consider the suitability of blobs for:
-[x] Cleaning the floor.
-[x] Keeping an eye out for miscreants.
[x] Play some STGs.
[x] Don't forget to take along Reimu 1 to your appointments.

Roughly in order of what I'd like to get done before we have to leave. None of this is particularly important, but it can't hurt.
>> No. 40163
>>40136
Trapping/Extermination business.

As per the old Istanbul firefighters, we occasionaly release large amounts of yukkuri into the city when our cash flows are low.
>> No. 40164
>>40163
That trick predates Istanbul by centuries at the least.

Besides, do you really think we're going to need to release more yukkuri into the City considering their insane birth rates?

On the other hand, if this option lets us keep Meiling/Flandres kill-teams, I will vote for it whenever it comes up.
>> No. 40166
>>40164
Releasing Yukkuri in the wild is only if work is slow.
It is unlikely we would have to do it often - yukkuri are far more common than fires.

Obviously there are some yukkuri that are not suited for this kind of work and can be used in the cafe or to help raise wild yukkuri we have caught.
>> No. 40167
>>40166
Yukkuri breed fast enough that we'll never need to bother releasing them.

As for what yukkuri to use on extermination teams, it depends on what we're hunting. If it's urban strays, any team composed solely of combat-oriented yukkuri should suffice - Youmus, Sakuyas, and Meilings should all suffice. Even Suikas should be able to do the work, assuming that you can somehow reach past their drunkenness.

Bigger wild yukkuri social groups and dosu-yukkuri'll need something with a lot more coordination and dedicated yukkuri-killing power. For example, if you're trying to hunt a Marisa dosu-yukkuri, you'd want human backup with some serious firepower. But if you're forced to rely on a purely yukkuri force, you'll want fast flyers like Ayas to make them waste their shots and then a Flandre/Remilia swarm to whittle them to death. Alternatively, if you have intelligent bodied yukkuri, you might also be able to teach them to bomb dosu-yukkuri with something containing capsaicin.

You'd also need yukkuri to find yukkuri in the wild - Chens, Momijis, and Ayas would all work for scouting and reconaissance. The first two would be especially good for flushing out yukkuri nests and clearing out ko-yukkuri.
>> No. 40168
Stay focused, Anon. We decided we'd be running a cafe, and that's what we got the loan from the mob for. While I'm sure planning the perfect yukkuri extermination team is quite fun, it's utterly useless to us.

[x] Congratulate Frank on managing to get up before noon.
-[x] Fill him in on the Demon Queen dream and how you found an extra ticket.
[x] Look up what Marisas and Reimus teach their kids. They're the most common, so there should be some info somewhere.
[x] Look up Patchoulis.
[x] Look up Nitoris.
[x] Consider the suitability of blobs for:
-[x] Cleaning the floor.
-[x] Keeping an eye out for miscreants.
[x] Play some STGs.
[x] Don't forget to take along Reimu 1 to your appointments.
>> No. 40169
>>40168
Meh, it's fun to speculate. Besides, sunk costs should not be used in the decision-making process.
>> No. 40170
true, if we somehow pay off our loan, we might be able to siphon extra spending costs not used to maintain our cafe to other yukkuri interests.
>> No. 40172
>>40169
Whilst sunk costs should not be used to make decisions, we did inform the mafia that we would be making a cafe. So we should, if only to show that we are reliable.

However whilst that may make a reliable revenue stream (especially since we won't have to pay wages), it is unlikely to pay enough money to win the competition.

I'd suggest that once we get the cafe up and running we start work on our trapping/extermination business.

In some respects our previous ideas with hunting and capturing wild yukkuri will help with this.

x] Congratulate Frank on managing to get up before noon.
[x] Go to the factor and ask Old Sam abut how to train Reimu and Marisa
[x] Research into the existing pest control industry in the city
[x] Take Reimu A with you

It would also be an idea to see if we can train a blob Yukkuri to have a very good memory.
>> No. 40174
[x] Congratulate Frank on managing to get up before noon.
-[x] Fill him in on the Demon Queen dream and how you found an extra ticket.
[x] Consider diversifying, then remember how likely that is to work out.
[x] Remind self how well cafe-type stores tend to do in the city, or look it up if you don't know.
[x] Look up what Marisas and Reimus teach their kids. They're the most common, so there should be some info somewhere.
[x] Look up Patchoulis.
[x] Look up Nitoris.
[x] Consider the suitability of blobs for:
-[x] Cleaning the floor.
-[x] Keeping an eye out for miscreants.
[x] Don't forget to take along Reimu 1 to your appointments.

Don't think we should call Sam over and over. Only should do that if a web search doesn't either tell us enough stuff we think that's all or outright let us know there's nothing special.
>> No. 40175
Wait what's the point of this trapping and extermination business? Aren't they already taken care of by the city as a social service. And if we're trapping yukkuri to sell, isn't that mostly taken care of by the Factory considering they are supposed to arguably have every yukkuri that are already trained?
>> No. 40176
>>40175
Supplementary income.

I'd assume that the City also has cafes.
>> No. 40177
Ah, so like a side exterminator business?
>> No. 40178
>>40172
I'd think the best approach is to come up with a side business that combines yukkuri extermination and yukkuri capture/breeding. I'd recommend trying to create a 'natural' solution to the yukkuri stray problem (using predator yukkuri) for our local are and then seeing if we can use that to leap for a contract with the City. Furthermore, any time that we hit a large gathering of yukkuri, we pick up and sell anything that's profitable (Patchoulis, Chens, Alices, etc.) and keep anything that's rare so we can add it to our collection.

Ideally, at some point we'll be able to talk the City into paying us to run hunting trips to prevent wild yukkuri incursions while letting Frank handle most of the day-to-day business of the cafe. I'm also curious if we might be able to run the cafe as something a little bit different in the evening hours - though I'm not quite sure what. Live music by human musicians or some kind of live entertainment using yukkuri might be something to look into.

>>40175
Even if the Factory holds what amounts to a stranglehold on the yukkuri market, we can still fill in niches that they do not occupy. We might take a hit on the prices that we can charge, or we can take the time and try to train our stock to be better than what's offered by the Factory. A higher end product if you will.

Besides, I think we can actually train both Frank and our yukkuri so that the cafe can more-or-less run itself without much need for intervention from us.
>> No. 40179
>>40177
It's of course only if we want to win the competition.

A cafe will not win the competition - though hopefully it will pay back our debts.

It does give us a reliable money stream to use in more profitable ventures.

>>40178
This kind of venture is something we should seriously look at.
>> No. 40180
>>40179
One of the reasons that I like the idea of starting a yukkuri hunting/extermination side-business is that it doesn't need much start-up capital - the easiest runs literally need nothing more than a stick if you don't want to get bean paste on your hand and maybe our Chen to smell them out.

I wonder if house yukkuri exist in this setting? For those who aren't familiar with the concept, house yukkuri are tiny, bite-sized yukkuri who have adapted to live inside human households. Bottle Reimu could come in pretty handy for finding those behind bookshelves and underneath couches.
>> No. 40184
>>40179
On the contrary, a cafe may very well win us the competition, if it's gimmick is popular enough. One spot probably won't be enough, but we can always expand.
>> No. 40185
>>40184
You could literally apply that argument to any business. Although the City's demand and supply of goods and services are different from the the real world, there are enough similarities that real world figures should still be able to provide some guidance.

Based on Canadian figures, the average net profit margin for restaurants is 4.4%; that's 4.4 cents out of each dollar in revenue that is actual profit rather than expense. You're going to need a lot of volume, volume that we probably can't get because we're a niche business.
>> No. 40187
>>40184
We still have to pay off our debts.

In the real world most cafes tend to barely break even - with the average cafes out of business within a few years.
>> No. 40188
>>40187
I've always been a bit interested in fitness coaches because they have unusually high profit margins compared to other small businesses because of their low asset requirements. It's a shame that we have no experience training yukkuri because I think a lot of the same factors should apply to pet trainers.
>> No. 40192
File 133029614528.png - (3.27KB , 647x255 , CCenterLocale.png ) [iqdb]
40192
"Congratulations." You say, dryly. "It isn't quite noon yet, and you're already crawling out of your hibernation."

"No need to be so sarcastic about it, Johnny." Frank says, yawning.

"Well. Since you are up, I should let you know: I've been invited to some bonus game thing, and I don't seem to have a choice about it, if the dream I had last night wasn't just a bizarre dream..."

Frank blinks slowly as you explain.

".... Sounds to me like you had too much of the good stuff." He says seriously, once you're done.

"Well, yeah, but... I think it was real."

"Sure, Johnny. The Demon Queen talked to you, personally, in your dreams to vaguely answer your single question, which you blew, setting seeds in your head for this weird experiment, and arranging for this offer you can't refuse." He says, dubiousness clear in his tone. "Yeesh. If it was real, I can't believe you wasted your question like that, Johnny. Whaaat and idiot, huh?"

"Yeah? Well, what would you have asked, then?" You grouse.

Frank coughs, then points theatrically.

"Demon Queen!" He declares solemnly. "How do I get into your pants?"

"... You're kidding."

"No, seriously. You can't really think there's any better question than that, can you? For an immortal evil dictator queen that can probably crush you like an ant without even thinking really hard about it, she is smoking hot." Frank says, seeming to be at least partially serious about this. "I think you might have lost a man point, here."

"ugh. Whatever." You grumble. "Anyway, I'll be heading out for that thing, this evening, so you'll be stuck here until whenever I get back from it. Also, I found another ticket. About this far below your ass." You say, measuring a span of distance with your hands.

"What." He says flatly.

"For whatever reason, there was a ticket on the floor beneath the couch." You explain.

".... Huh." is all Frank seems to have to say on the matter. Then a loud noise erupts from his midsection and he lurches to his feet to find something to feed himself with.

For your part, you turn to research. The only really new thing you find, about Marisa and Reimu instruction, is a point where someone links a video of a parent teachin its children how to float on it hat across a shallow, ornamental pool... Actually, they should be too heavy for that, shouldn't they? Especially as adults... and the hat should soak through and sink, how does that even....

You mentally chalk it up to 'belief'.

You can't really find anything in particular that Reimu teach their young at all, though. Well, no matter. You turn instead towards breed research.

You've already looked up Patchouli, you think, but you go ahead and look some more. After a bit, you find some assertations that, given occult books and paraphenelia, they can do 'supernatural' things. These assertions are met with either scorn, or the counterpoint that they are living masses of sweets and therefore anything they choose to do is, in point of fact, supernatural.

Nitori seem to be aquatic hunters, interestingly enough, seeming to not be prey at all to the yukkuri weakness to water, and rather cunning, as there's documentations showing that they make traps to ensnare and kill their prey or pull them into the water with them, rather than trying to outmatch them directly. Not neccessarily smart, of course, as it seems they often trigger their own traps, or err in building them and die in accidents, but more clever than would be expected. It seems tame ones prefer to play with legos and tinkertoys, that sort of thing...

Well, nothing seems to jump out immediately as useful for your purposes, anyway. In the meantime, though, you think about blobs again. Can't really say they'd be more useful in cleaning a floor than a broom or mop would, and probably less so, to be honest. As security watchers go... well, Hatate might work out. You can all to easily see them ignoring a lone person with a knife across the street in favor of eying a young couple sharing a romantic moment on a park bench, if the situation arises, though.

It's time to go, though. You grab the Reimu-1 along the way, ignoring the way she starts and shivers in your hand after you pick her up, and head off.

It's a quick walk to the location, so you get there a couple minutes early. A suited man with a wispy mustache and beard is waiting outside for you, and unlocks the door to show you in. Immediately inside is a counter, behind which a barista could stand while making drinks or tending to the cash register. Past that, there is a smallish area where tables and chairs can be set out, with a large window looking out onto the sidewalk and the buildings on the other side of the roads. There's a swinging panel to get behind the bar, and behind there a door to a small back room, seeming to combine storage and a place to work books. A door through there leads out the back, where deliveries can be made and shuttled inside to the back room without disturbing any customers that may be there.

There doesn't seem to be any equipment or furniture in the area, and the interior is sort of dusty. As well, there are no restroom facilities at all. The man does note, though, that reasonable number of the people passing through would be in too big of a hurry to sit down or use a restroom in any case, so there was that. People that weren't in that big of a hurry, or needed to use the facilities, would likely go elsewhere though, you conclude.

It would take some dusting up and time to move the equipment in, the man says, but that shouldn't last longer than a day or two and you can start right after signing a rental agreement, and be in business shortly thereafter.

---

1:10 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 40193
[x] Ask about what kind of people usually passes around, and what was the last business in the place.
[x] You will think about it, and call him later if you decide to rent the place.

Now somebody explain to me why did we take Reimu-1 instead of a yukkuri that will work/move around the place?
>> No. 40194
[x] If the ceiling is paneled, get the dude's permission and lift one up, then have Reimu-1 check it out.
[x] Ask what the last business in the place was.
[x] Thank him for his time. You're still weighing options, but you'll get in touch with him if you decide to rent.

>>40193
We already know what kind of people pass by - business people in hurries.

Also, we brought Reimu-1 because it was small and follows orders. I'm not really sure what you mean by "work/move about the place".
>> No. 40195
[x] Ask about what kind of people usually passes around, and what was the last business in the place.
[x] You will think about it, and call him later if you decide to rent the place.
[x] If time permits, look around and see how many competitors (other cafes, restaurants, etc.) are around in a reasonable distance.

A place without a restroom doesn't seem like I'd like to work there, specially since the shifts until we get outside help (if any) would be about 12~18 hours straight, or 50-50 with Frank's help, workable but a little unconfortable. Besides, making people to buy there to use the facilities is an honored tradition of food stablishments.
In general the place seems good for a franchise or an express-cafe but not so much for HQ.
Reimu-1 is here in case we need to look closely on something we can't move or fit.

>"Demon Queen!" He declares solemnly. "How do I get into your pants?"
And this is why I like Frank so much, needed to stop reading till I finished laughing.
>> No. 40196
If we had voted better we could have asked what Frank wanted. Alas.
>> No. 40198
>"Demon Queen!" He declares solemnly. "How do I get into your pants?"

Frank has his priorities right. Too bad.
>> No. 40199
>>40198
>>40196

Almost happened, but the votes leading to that were discarded and the picked choice didn't include it. Oh well, maybe next time, if such opportunity arises again.


[x] Ask what the last business in the place was.
[x] Thank him for his time. You're still weighing options, but you'll get in touch with him if you decide to rent.
>> No. 40203
File 133037374093.png - (22.21KB , 1027x543 , Parkside.png ) [iqdb]
40203
A quick glance up confirms that the ceiling is made up of long, wide boards that seem to be screwed into place, beneath the dusty and faded coat of paint. There'll be no simple lifting those up, or for that matter, prying them down. It looks like there'll be no real inspection of whatever mysteries lie in the space between the ceiling and the roof here, today.

"So the main clientele of this area is rushed businesspeople, you said?" You ask.

"Yes indeed. Always in a hurry to get to meetings and sell stocks on time... well. You'll understand, but it's more like gambling on the stock exchanges. Since they don't actually buy stock in many places... there aren't so many in the City itself, and they can't purchase stock from Outside, after all." The man says. "What really happens is that they put money against an imaginary stock the Demon Queen holds, and then watch to see what the real prices do. Money values change as a stock price rises or falls, of course, so the only real difference is that they don't actually buy or sell anything with these transactions."

"Sounds complicated." You say. And really, pretty boring, you don't.

"No more than normal stock trading Outside, one assumes."

"In any case... if I may ask, what was the last business to run here?" You ask?

"Ah... it was a small cafe, actually. Run by a pleasant older fellow. Well, before his health deteriorated." The man explains. "It seems like it was more of a personal hobby for him than anything else, to be honest, when he could still run it. That was a year or two back, you understand. Shut down once he realized he couldn't really run it on his own any more. He had a nice amount of savings built up, though, and the last I heard of him he was talking about how he'd placed an order for an exotic pet he'd wanted for a long time, since it seemed like he wasn't going to have much time left to spend with that sort of thing."

The man shrugged.

"And then it seems it was barely any time later that I heard he'd passed on. Quite a shame, I would certainly have guessed that he had another few years left in him, even ill. These things take you by surprise sometimes, though."

You focus on the pertinent details. Previous business: Cafe. Can't say anything about whether it was really profitable, though, if running it was just an old man's hobby to fill time with.

"All right then." You say. "I haven't made any final decisions, but I'll be sure to get in touch with you if I decide to rent this location. For now, I have another appointment to make, so..."

"Of course. Here, I'll lock up behind you." The man says, ushering you out.

There's some time before your next appointment, actually, so you take a quick walk around the area and pick up a blinkety noise-making laser-pointer keychain. It costs you 5M, but it only takes a moment to pick up along the way and you need some sort of prop for that experiment if you don't want to play on the young yukkuri's personal bel...

Beliefs, huh. That's suddenly an awkward phrasing. Misconception is probably better. You brush the whole matter out of your mind and continue on. You're still pretty early, and end up waiting outside for a while before a short, but incredibly muscular looking man arrives, chewing on an expensive cigar. There's no real way to properly describe him, it's something like looking at a shaved gorilla in a suit, you imagine, if you were to put a sack or something over his head. His wrists, at your best guess, are as big around as your knees.

The fanciful thought strikes you that the phrase 'trust them as far as I can throw them' means very little to this man, as you suspect he could throw you very far.

"Johnny." The man says, not bothering to take his unlit cigar out to greet you. "Good to see you're here on time, lad. Let's have a peek inside."

The inside is, of course, somewhat dusty. Coming in directly from a set of swinging double-doors, set directly against a wide window facing the park, there's a counter facing away, towards the far end of the store. It looks to be set up to accept tubs of ice cream at the moment, with some sort of mechanical apparatus to keep the frosty treat chilled. The device seems to be very much broken. Facing away from the counter, across a vast and empty space for chairs and tables and such to later occupy, there are a pair of fairly large restrooms for customer use. Past another door behind the counter is a staff restroom, which is comparatively significantly smaller, but still perfectly servicable. Beyond that is a set of rear-doors and a walk-in freezer that seems to have been built into the structure of the building itself, but fairly clearly does not work at all. It should still be servicable for storage, however, and there are a few shelves lining the walls inside. Once again, a quick glance or two upward fail to reveal any immediate way to access whatever space might be between the ceiling and the roof.

---

2:02 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 40208
Addendum:

Presume I mentioned somewhere around the walking around bit something about 'a couple other coffee-shops' in the general area, since I somehow managed to miss that line entirely, despite going ahead and deciding to include it when i started writing.
>> No. 40210
>last I heard of him he was talking about how he'd placed an order for an exotic pet he'd wanted for a long time, since it seemed like he wasn't going to have much time left to spend with that sort of thing.

Whoa.
>> No. 40212
>>40210
Any bets? A rare Yukkuri? A fantastic creature? Chen?

>>40208
Duly noted, we need to be different than others cafes.

[x] Try to find access to the roof and the space between it and the floor
[x] Ask Frank for people who can repair this stuff and a cleaning crew
>> No. 40213
>>40212
Tenshi. Tenshi-A.
>> No. 40215
>>40212
Just because this is a story involving yukkuris does not mean everyone wants a yukkuri. Could'va been something really fruity. You know, pretty loopy too.
>> No. 40216
[x] Ask how strong was the previous business, before the vital equipment broke and te place had to shut down.
[x] Take a look at the installed equipment. If someone were to fix it, you could use it. It doesn't cost anything to ask the man if he knows anyone suitable for repairing it.
[x] Lots of space here for tables and decorations. How about a couple of talbes outside, a few next to the windows, and the aquarium in the mid? Or maybe close to the wall?
[x] You're satisfied. You will call again at a later time.
[x] Start looking ice-cream suppliers. Frank wil have to look for someone who can fix the equiment too. If the previous owner made enough to pay rent, it's a favourable point for selling ice-creams too.
>> No. 40218
... Could it have been a Yukarin?
>> No. 40219
Allow me to spell this out more clearly, since the previous mention of Tenshi-A didn't ring any bells: This guy is the guy who paid for a Tenshi from the factory and died before it got delivered, leading to us getting it free with a purchase of two other yukkuri.
>> No. 40221
>>40216
[x] Try to find access to the roof and the space between it and the floor
[x] Ask Frank for people who can repair this stuff and a cleaning crew
>> No. 40222
>>40219
Well huh, That makes sense.
>> No. 40223
[x] Ask how strong was the previous business, before the vital equipment broke and te place had to shut down.
[x] Take a look at the installed equipment. If someone were to fix it, you could use it. It doesn't cost anything to ask the man if he knows anyone suitable for repairing it.
[x] Start looking ice-cream suppliers. Frank wil have to look for someone who can fix the equiment too. If the previous owner made enough to pay rent, it's a favourable point for selling ice-creams too.

So, are we really going to rent the park location?
>> No. 40226
>>40223

It seems so. However, now that we've learned the previous owner of the city location made enough money to retire and custom order a Tenshi, I am having second thoughts about the place. Business people tend to drink coffee at the same place everyday, so we are sure to have customers there, but the the park location has almost all kinds of people.

[x] Ask how strong was the previous business, before the vital equipment broke and te place had to shut down.
[x] Take a look at the installed equipment. If someone were to fix it, you could use it. It doesn't cost anything to ask the man if he knows anyone suitable for repairing it.
[x] Start looking ice-cream suppliers. Frank wil have to look for someone who can fix the equiment too. If the previous owner made enough to pay rent, it's a favourable point for selling ice-creams too.
>> No. 40227
>>40226
>Can't say anything about whether it was really profitable, though, if running it was just an old man's hobby to fill time with.

Additionally, we know the previous business was doing great before it shut down. We also know the freezer is broken because it one part broke, but the cooling apparatus is worth taking a look at.

[x] Take a look at the installed equipment on the counter. If someone were to fix it, you could use it. It doesn't cost anything to ask the man if he knows anyone suitable for repairing it.
-[x] Until then, you can probably just cover the tubs with something and use it as a counter.
-[x] Also see if you can get the specific name of the part that broke, just in case.
[x] Is the area outside suitable for some tables, or at least a couple flowers and stuff?
[x] Thank him for his time, tell him you're probably going to start rent as soon as you have the waitresses trained.
[x] Ask somebody on the street about graphic designers.
[x] Start looking ice-cream suppliers. You will have to look for someone who can fix the equiment too, if the owner doesn't know anybody. If the previous owner made enough to pay rent, it's a favourable point for selling ice-creams too.
>> No. 40229
>>40227

Yeah, but we're not opening another ice-cream shop, we're opening a cafe. I think that opening another ice-cream shop might be a better idea than a cafe. People were used to the place, and will definetly attract some of it's old customers back.
>> No. 40230
File 133047865256.jpg - (156.63KB , 500x500 , 0a7f58268e1a72a5385b346172ffbaea862d6ee9.jpg ) [iqdb]
40230
You inspect the... ice-cream coolery, tub-holding machine... thing.

Yes. Yeeesss... Yes. Yes, that is definitely a mechanical apparatus of some sort. You can tell that much at a glance. Just as obviously, aside from being a little smashed up, it seems to have been taken at least partially apart, deliberately, in order to have a number of the internal workings removed. You guess that the previous owner removed them to pawn once it became obvious that failure in this enterprise was not just suddenly knocking at his door but sauntering through his hallway in muddy shoes and seating itself at his table to help itself to dinner.

Or someone snuck in to loot what little of value remained in the place, at some point. That was also a possibility.

Well, there doesn't seem to be anything stopping you from just putting a nice looking board over the top until whatever time you decide to have it fixed. If you do that.

"Do you know anyone that can fix this thing?" You ask.

The man shrugs disinterestedly in response.

"I'm sure it can be done, lad, but I wouldn't know who to ask. Or what to ask for." He says, rolling the cigar over to the other side of his mouth before he resumes chewing at the end.

"Do you remember if the last person to rent here said anything about fixing the big freezer?" You pry again, hopefully.

Another shrug answers you.

"Didn't mix much." He said idly. "The fellow paid his rent on time. To be frank, lad, that's all I really cared about."

"So if I were to ask how well his business generally did...?" You say, hesitantly.

"Couldn't tell you. Think I stopped by all of twice... no, it was three times, the whole time the fellow was renting. Seemed to be selling well enough, didn't ask if business was always like that." He replies.

Wonderful. You step back from the machinery and nod.

"Well, thank you for your time." You say. "I'm not sure whether or not to rent this location, but I should reach a decision fairly soon."

"Yes, yes, not going to rush you lad. Location's an important decision. Just keep you in mind, though, I'm still willing to rent to others if they come willing to pay the full price, and if they get to me before you've made up your mind..."

"Yes, I understand." You say as he shows you out, locking up behind.

You make a quick stop for name-tags on your way back to the apartment, now that you don't have another meeting to reach for a little while. Sundown doesn't happen until a little after six, after all. Another six money spent for a pack of fifty tags... well, it's only eleven you've spent today in total, so not too bad. The silent Reimu perches on your shoulder as you carry it back to the apartment, trembling having ceased at some point in the excursion.

Frank is casually surfing the internet on the laptop when you return, blithely ignoring Suika, who has perched on the bridge of his nose and is repeatedly slamming her miniscule forehead into his own. Just sort of... tuning it out, as his eyes focus past her, on the screen.

You aren't entirely sure you want to know all the details of the situation, but the spectacle gives you a little pause.

---

2:48 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 40231
[x] Frank, you've got something on your face.
[x] Suika-A's still young, so it might just be her youthful exuberance, but you might want to talk to Tenshi-A about teaching her not to be so rambunctious. Since the Tenshis presumably enjoy it when she's like this, perhaps she's getting the wrong idea. Also speak to Chen-A if parental direction is needed.
[x] Experiment on a likely-looking infant Chen.
-[x] Keep an eye on it in case it goes cannibal to get the nutrients for its belief-fueled growth.
[x] See how everybody is doing in their studies.
[x] Peek in on the crib.

No, no, to the right. YOUR right. Too far... Here, I'll get it.
>> No. 40232
[x] Frank, you've got something on your face.
[x] Suika-A's still young, so it might just be her youthful exuberance, but you might want to talk to Tenshi-A about teaching her not to be so rambunctious. Since the Tenshis presumably enjoy it when she's like this, perhaps she's getting the wrong idea. Also speak to Chen-A if parental direction is needed.
[x] Experiment the belief stuff on Tenshi-5.
[x] Peek in on the crib.
[x] See how the alpha yukkuri are doing, specially Alice.
>> No. 40233
[x] Frank, you've got something on your face.
-[x] Anything interesting today?
[x] Suika-A's still young, so it might just be her youthful exuberance, but you might want to talk to Tenshi-A about teaching her not to be so rambunctious. Since the Tenshis presumably enjoy it when she's like this, perhaps she's getting the wrong idea. Also speak to Chen-A if parental direction is needed.
[x] Experiment on a likely-looking infant Chen.
-[x] Keep an eye on it in case it goes cannibal to get the nutrients for its belief-fueled growth.
[x] See how everybody is doing in their studies.
[x] Peek in on the crib.
[x] See how the alpha yukkuri are doing.

So, the freezer is a dead end for now.
>> No. 40234
[x] Frank, you've got something on your face.
[x] Suika-A's still young, so it might just be her youthful exuberance, but you might want to talk to Tenshi-A about teaching her not to be so rambunctious. Since the Tenshis presumably enjoy it when she's like this, perhaps she's getting the wrong idea. Also speak to Chen-A if parental direction is needed.
[x] Experiment the belief stuff on Tenshi-5.
[x] Peek in on the crib.
[x] See how the alpha yukkuri are doing, specially Alice.
>> No. 40235
[x] Frank, you've got something on your face.
-[x] Anything interesting today?
[x] Suika-A's still young, so it might just be her youthful exuberance, but you might want to talk to Tenshi-A about teaching her not to be so rambunctious. Since the Tenshis presumably enjoy it when she's like this, perhaps she's getting the wrong idea. Also speak to Chen-A if parental direction is needed.
[x] Experiment on a likely-looking infant Chen.
-[x] Keep an eye on it in case it goes cannibal to get the nutrients for its belief-fueled growth.
[x] See how everybody is doing in their studies.
[x] Peek in on the crib.
[x] Go out and look for an artist.

I don't really care either way, but we told Tenshi-5 we weren't its father just earlier today. Also, the use of the keychain renders any human or nonhuman parentage irrelevant.
>> No. 40237
I just love Suika so much.

[x] Frank, you've got something on your face.
[x] Frank, where would you go if we, by chance, needed a repairman and a cleaning crew?
[x] Pet shoulder Reimu and Shanghai
[x] Experiment the belief stuff on Tenshi-5.
[x] Peek in on the crib.
[x] See how the alpha yukkuri are doing, specially Alice.
>> No. 40238
>>40235
>Also, the use of the keychain renders any human or nonhuman parentage irrelevant.

Not really. For all we know, that might actually help us more than the keychain. It was also cheaper.

[x] Frank, you've got something on your face.
[x] Suika-A's still young, so it might just be her youthful exuberance, but you might want to talk to Tenshi-A about teaching her not to be so rambunctious. Since the Tenshis presumably enjoy it when she's like this, perhaps she's getting the wrong idea. Also speak to Chen-A if parental direction is needed.
[x] Experiment the belief stuff on Tenshi-5.
[x] Peek in on the crib.
[x] See how the alpha yukkuri are doing, specially Alice.

>>40236
>Anonymous 12/02/29(Wed)04:25 No. 40234

How did you manage to fail copy+pastingg?
>> No. 40239
>>40238

Geez, that's embarassing.

[x] Frank, you've got something on your face.
[x] Suika-A's still young, so it might just be her youthful exuberance, but you might want to talk to Tenshi-A about teaching her not to be so rambunctious. Since the Tenshis presumably enjoy it when she's like this, perhaps she's getting the wrong idea. Also speak to Chen-A if parental direction is needed.
[x] Experiment the belief stuff on Tenshi-5.
[x] Peek in on the crib.
[x] See how the alpha yukkuri are doing, specially Alice.
>> No. 40240
[x] Frank, you've got something on your face.
[x] Suika-A's still young, so it might just be her youthful exuberance, but you might want to talk to Tenshi-A about teaching her not to be so rambunctious. Since the Tenshis presumably enjoy it when she's like this, perhaps she's getting the wrong idea. Also speak to Chen-A if parental direction is needed.
[x] Experiment the belief stuff on Tenshi-5.
[x] Peek in on the crib.
[x] See how the alpha yukkuri are doing, specially Alice.
>> No. 40241
[x] Frank, you've got something on your face.
-[x] Anything interesting today?
[x] Suika-A's still young, so it might just be her youthful exuberance, but you might want to talk to Tenshi-A about teaching her not to be so rambunctious. Since the Tenshis presumably enjoy it when she's like this, perhaps she's getting the wrong idea. Also speak to Chen-A if parental direction is needed.
[x] Experiment on a likely-looking infant Chen.
-[x] Keep an eye on it in case it goes cannibal to get the nutrients for its belief-fueled growth.
[x] See how everybody is doing in their studies.
[x] Peek in on the crib.
[x] Go out and look for an artist.

We already bought the keychain. And we /just/ told Tenshi-5 we weren't its father, so if we did experiment on it, we'd use the keychain on it.
>> No. 40242
File 133055731788.jpg - (90.69KB , 600x600 , 92a5de2a4ef377c9d5787d84f22c2d99a3acb3e0.jpg ) [iqdb]
40242
"Frank, uh. You've got a little... something, there." You say vaguely, waving in his direction.

"What, seriously?" he says, not seeming perfectly serious. "Oh, right. Think she'll just wander off if I ignore her long enough."

"Really." You say flatly.

"Eh. Seems like she got bored of the girls either 'running away' or 'enjoying it and not fighting back'." He continues, outlining the situation. "Pretty sure she'll get bored of just being ignored, too."

"Sure. And what'll she do then? Whetever, never mind, I'll just..."

You reach over and pluck Suika off of his face, lifting by the back of her shirt. She sqeals in delight and swipes around a little before figuring out that she can't really bend in any way that will allow her to get at you. Once she picks up on this, she goes limp and relaxed, just dangling cheerily from your fingertips, waiting for an opportunity to arrive.

She doesn't weigh much, but it's still a little annoying to hold her like this. You shift your hand, and grip her whole body more easily in your palm. Suika considers this, straining a little, but again fails to struggle free. Can't muscle your hand open, can't tilt her head nearly far enough to even brush you with her horns, she's good and stuck. She seems to readily accept this, and decide that here and now is the best place for a nap.

You watch cautiously as she starts to snore in your hand. Looks like 'playtime' just ended.

"Suika wants to play and be played with back." Tenshi confirms, in explanation. "Tenshi don't have as much fun playing as being played with, though. And Tenshi is too busy with Tenshi to play with Suika all the time and keep Tenshi from hurting themselves too much."

"Yeah... I guess that would be a problem." you admit.

"Tenshi figured out how to close doors on themselves." She says, seeming both vexed and amused, with a tiny smidgen of pride at her progeny's ingenuity.

You shake your head and leave Suika to sleep on one of the soft lumps of bedding. Hm.... Hatate is napping, as is Chen. You don't see any real reason to rouse those two. Alice is watching the smaller Alice and Shanghai play, though, the second clinging onto the back of the first's head as they run around the room. You should probably pay a little more attention to her anyway, you decide.

"Alice. I'll be heading off again later, so I might not be back until... late. Probably after you're asleep." You say, careful not to let your voice carry to Frank's waiting ears. "You'll be fine, right? Frank will be here if you need help with anything."

"Some things, Alice doesn't want help from Frank." She says pointedly, though matching your soft tone. Then sighs.

"No, I didn't mean like that." You deny. "Just, if all the children start acting up, or if you need help getting food for some reason, or... well, that sort of thing. For the other stuff... well, you'll be fine, right?"

"Alice won't go wrong in the head from one night of just-sleep alone. Need isn't that high yet." She says, answering your subtle question. "Alice will be fine... Master will be back soon?"

"Yes, I'll be back. I don't know how long this thing will take, but I'll come back after it's done." You assure her, before leaving her to minding the children and moving along.

You're more quiet as you peek into the crib. You want to check on them, sure, but you don't want them to see you right now. Not until they've cooled off some more, anyway. In any case, the parents in the crib are already swelling out somewhat, even in their quiet and sullen funks, a contrast to the others, who you haven't noticed yet to be increasing with the size of the infants to come. Overall, you guess the births will be happening sometime in the early morning across the board, though you can't really determine for sure exactly when this will be. Depending on how late you get back, it could be a... fun experience.

No matter. You have things to do. Curiosity to assuage. You bought this keychain for a reason, after all.

There's another idea that's been floating around in your head for a while, though, and it'll take a little effort, but there's no reason you can't do both. And you can start with this... actually, even all the denial you've been doing might help out, if you come at it the right way.

"I'll tell you again, you aren't my child." You say sternly to the young, roughly knee-height Tenshi. Predictably enough, her face takes on a stubborn cast. She's really not dropping this idea, even if she doesn't bring it up any more. Well, that could work out well enough.

"You aren't. It's impossible." You say, making sure to speak clearly, to be sure she understands every word you say and doesn't miss anything. "If you were, after all, then you would be growing faster."

A startled look crosses her face at the new addition to flat, categoric denials and reasonable proof, only to shift into puzzled suspicion.

"If...?" She says slowly, brow creasing.

"Yes. If you were, you would be growing faster than the rest of your sisters. You would grow to be as tall as me, before you stopped. It's how I would know." You say, making sure to speak clearly, though quietly. You want this to get across, after all.

A few long moments pass as she mulls this over, seeming to think as deeply as she's capable of over it.

"Then... if Tenshi was growing faster... then...?" She says slowly, seeming to be uncertainly testing the words.

"Doesn't matter." You reply. "You're only growing as fast as your sisters, after all, and you won't grow any faster than them."

The stubborn look is back in full force. Unlike before, you're pretty sure this is a good thing, now. Possibly turning that thick-skulled bone-headedness over this to your advantage, a little. Or, even if nothing changes, possibly finally pushing her into giving up the idea.

You catch something out of the corner of your eye, but when you look it's just the little Alice and Shanghai, still playing. Not really important.

---

3:10

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 40243
There's too much of those "catch something out of the corner of your eye"...
I think wannabe Yog-Sothoth in a dress is keeping eye on us ~~~

Vote later.
>> No. 40244
>>40243
Paranoia mode: ON

[x] Something is watching you, but disappearing when you turn around. Find a way to trick 'it'
[x] Write the new nametags and make a note of giving them to their respective owners when they're avaiable

As always, I wait for someone to keep adding stuff (that trick with the stubborn Tenshi was really good) Maybe something to calm Reimu 1 down?
>> No. 40245
So we just learnt recently that yukkuri are basically living 'belief'. And we just drove home the point that if this Tenshi was 'our child' then she'd grow to be as tall as us...


Hopefully I'm not the only one who see's a potential problem with this.
>> No. 40246
>>40245
Tenshi's gonna be tall? And creep people out insisting she's our adorable daughter?
>> No. 40247
>>40246
Oh the amusement i would get from this...
>> No. 40248
>>40245
I believe that's the point.

Also, only 'wannabe'?
>> No. 40249
[x] Something is watching you, but disappearing when you turn around. Find a way to trick 'it'
[x] Write the new nametags and make a note of giving them to their respective owners when they're avaiable

That Tenshi is already my favourite
>> No. 40250
[x] Tell Frank you need to find ice-cream suppliers. And a new, smaller freezer, if not fixing that big one.
[x] Ask Alice about the accessories. You know they can undress (quite eagerly) but are they fine with removing their precious hats? Or wear something different?
[x] So, how's everyone doing right now? Missed something important?
[x] Boredom/nothing to do? You could always go see that Chad guy and check a competitor.
>> No. 40251
What do you guys got the keychain for anyway? Shouldn't you use it, now that you have free time?
>> No. 40252
>>40251

You can write something in yourself, you know?

I never wanted to waste money with it, and can't see any good/useful utility for it.
>> No. 40253
>[x] Write the new nametags and make a note of giving them to their respective owners when they're avaiable
>respective owners when they're avaiable

Do you mean the babies still unborn? How is that going to work, if we don't know how many will come?

[x] Watch Alice and Shangai from distance for a bit.
[x] Something is watching you, but disappearing when you turn around. Make it clear you know you're being stalked by something next time it happens.
[x] Tell Frank you need to find ice-cream suppliers. And a new, smaller freezer, if not fixing that big one.
[x] Ask Alice about the accessories. You know they can undress (quite eagerly) but are they fine with removing their precious hats? Or wear something different?
[x] So, how's everyone doing right now? Missed something important?
[x] Boredom/nothing to do? You could always go see that Chad guy and check a competitor.

We can't really trick Yukari if it's her the one peeping on John (again), so just making sure she knows John half-knows/thinks might be better. There is also the possibility that it's indeed something wierd bout that Alice. It's the second time now that this happens, no? The first time being right after the orgy with Alice and Tenshi alphas.
>> No. 40255
[x] Watch Alice-1 and Shangai-A from distance for a bit.
[x] Glance in the mirror just in case something is following you.
[x] Find ice-cream suppliers.
[x] Get the lowdown on the Reimus' and Marisas' educational progress so you know how much to feed them.
[x] What do people do when they have a pet Alice and don't want to refresh them themselves? Surely there's some sort of commercial refreshing apparatus? Also get the pricing on dildos.
[x] Go out and find artists.

Sam already said they'd be willing to wear uniforms, I believe. Also, having them wear their natural uniform gives a much more authentic yukkuri experience.

We can fix the freezer by keeping Cirnos in cages, and we already told him to look for that.

On a completely unrelated note, I propose we call the first bodied yukkuri of a type which which has a blob alpha a beta. For example, Hatate-B.
>> No. 40256
[x] Watch Alice-1 and Shangai-A from distance for a bit.
[x] Glance in the mirror just in case something is following you.
[x] Find ice-cream suppliers.
[x] Get the lowdown on the Reimus' and Marisas' educational progress so you know how much to feed them.
[x] What do people do when they have a pet Alice and don't want to refresh them themselves? Surely there's some sort of commercial refreshing apparatus? Also get the pricing on dildos.
[x] Go out and find artists.

There has to be /something/ out there for blob forms, at least.
>> No. 40257
>Also get the pricing on dildos.

Why are you so determined on wasting money? Dildos won't solve the "problem" (it's not a real problem, only you fags think like that), and John has an all natural, free way of satisfying her.

If the scenes you're worried about, that's already dealt with throught spoiler tags and, as seen last time, it can be glossed over.


[x] Watch Alice and Shangai from distance for a bit.
[x] Something is watching you, but disappearing when you turn around. Make it clear you know you're being stalked by something next time it happens.
-[x] Glance in the mirror just in case something is following you.
[x] Tell Frank you need to find ice-cream suppliers. And a new, smaller freezer, if not fixing that big one.
[x] Ask Alice about the accessories. You know they can undress (quite eagerly) but are they fine with removing their precious hats? Or wear something different?
[x] So, how's everyone doing right now? Missed something important?
[x] Boredom/nothing to do? You could always go see that Chad guy and check a competitor.

What is the artist part for?
>> No. 40258
>>40257
So you'd be fine with a solution that didn't spend any money?

And yes, it is, or at least could conceivably be, an objective problem. Why? Consider a cafe where monkeys have been trained to deliver meals. It then becomes widely known that the owner engages in intercourse with some of the monkeys. Surely the patronage of the cafe will go down. That's beside the chance of blackmail.

Anyway, I can live with yukkuri sex, as long as it's for business purposes. I agree that having it glossed over is good, as it means the yukkuri love guys can imagine long foreplay scenes with pastry blobs, and I can imagine businesslike conduct. It's just that even glossed over, it still happens, and so the more removed we are from the process, the better public opinion will be of us if it ever gets out.

And the artist part is because we need a logo. We should also find a signmaker at some point.

Also:
>only you fags think like that
I'd appreciate it if you refrained from name-calling. Such gets in the way of a reasonable discussion.
>> No. 40259
[x] Watch Alice and Shangai from distance for a bit.
[x] Something is probably watching you, but disappearing when you turn around. Make it clear you know you're being stalked by something next time it happens.
[x] Tell Frank you need to find ice-cream suppliers. And a new, smaller freezer, if not fixing that big one.
[x] Ask Alice about the accessories. You know they can undress (quite eagerly) but are they fine with removing their precious hats? Or wear something different?
[x] So, how's everyone doing right now? Missed something important?
[x] Boredom/nothing to do and still plenty of time? You could always go see that Chad guy and check a competitor.

There's already about 3 failed plans for a "John substitute" since we learned about "the need", drop it already guys.
Also, are we ever gonna use the "growth ray" (keychain)? Not today because we have already started an experiment and might contaminate the baseline in case the Chen starts talking about it, and that would mess everything up.
>> No. 40260
>>40258
>And yes, it is, or at least could conceivably be, an objective problem. Why? Consider a cafe where monkeys have been trained to deliver meals. It then becomes widely known that the owner engages in intercourse with some of the monkeys. Surely the patronage of the cafe will go down. That's beside the chance of blackmail.

Except Yukkuri sex is accepted by the population of the city.
Bestiality is not accepted anywhere.

In todays terms it would be closer to people finding out that a cafe was owned by a homosexual.

Also you should grow a thicker skin. Fag isn't really an insult on the internet.
>> No. 40262
>>40260
>Except Yukkuri sex is accepted by the population of the city.
I'm sorry, I must have missed this. Would you mind pointing me to the post where it says this? I know Frank said he didn't care, but the population of the city at large I'm afraid I can't recall.

Also, I haven't met anybody who's outright stated they would do this, as it's not really the sort of thing one says unless they're really set in their beliefs, but I would wager that even today, an appreciable amount of people, perhaps 1%-5%, wouldn't patronize an establishment owned by a homosexual. Probably more if you're in the Bible Belt.

And regardless of where 'fag' falls on the internet insult scale, it is still an expression of ill will, and not really called for by people with differing opinions/ideas from yours.
>> No. 40263
>>40262
The bit where the Facotry sells sex trained yukkuri to everyone they think is vulnerable to seduction attempts i.e. virgins.

Sure, it might not be the most popular pastime, but people have to have noticed by now.
>> No. 40264
>>40262
Reading between the lines of effectively the whole story it is implied that Yukkuri sex is a part of the city's society.

For instance the existance of readily avaliable Yukkuri sex toys. Not to mention that our father is implied to have had a relationship with his Chen.

It is certainly far more accepted in the city than bestiality is in modern society.
>> No. 40265
>>40263
I can't say I see that as adequate proof. There are plenty of things people are aware of yet disapprove of. For example, prostitution back before it was made illegal in the 1910s. Your dates may differ if you're not located in America.

Regardless, this is an easily settled matter.

>>40255, please add
[x] Remind self of the prevailing attitude in the City towards refreshing with yukkuris, any notable other attitudes, and their potential effects on business.

Is this acceptable?
>> No. 40266
>>40264
A part, sure. What I was expressing doubt about was the accepted part.

By the way, although the evidence for yukkuri sex being a part of City life is indeed spread out through the story, I hesitate to say 'whole story', because the way you worded that makes it sound like you think this entire story is about yukkuri sex. That's just my opinion, but I started to respond to you in tune with that interpretation, so I figured it was worth mentioning.
>> No. 40267
>>40266
English isn't my first language so I wasn't sure of the best word to use in that instance. I also wasn't sure about use 'whole' but couldn't think of a better word.
>> No. 40268
[x] Watch Alice and Shangai from distance for a bit.
[x] Something is probably watching you, but disappearing when you turn around. Make it clear you know you're being stalked by something next time it happens.
[x] Tell Frank you need to find ice-cream suppliers. And a new, smaller freezer, if not fixing that big one.
[x] Ask Alice about the accessories. You know they can undress (quite eagerly) but are they fine with removing their precious hats? Or wear something different?
[x] So, how's everyone doing right now? Missed something important?
[x] Boredom/nothing to do and still plenty of time? You could always go see that Chad guy and check a competitor.

You guys really like to argue, don't you?
>> No. 40273
File 133072515199.jpg - (242.56KB , 710x700 , 0c225ab516ca8708a3dd830a80fe712ab6ee6d24.jpg ) [iqdb]
40273
You continue watching, idly and out of the corner of your eye, even as you think about it. It does seem a little suspicious, on reflection. There's been three times you've thought you saw something... you're pretty sure the first one was just catching Hatate coming to or going from her nest, given things.

The second or third time, however, were inside the apartment. During an intimate moment, and just now, running an experiment in reverse psychology and belief.

You mull this over, carefully watching for a few minutes even while you try to give off the appearance that you aren't. This bears fruit, as it only takes a little while to figure out that Shanghai is doing exactly the same thing, just in reverse, and quickly goes back to normal whenever you focus fully on her, or aren't watching out of a mirror's reflection.

.... Why is Shanghai spying on you, though? You don't really get what the point is. And more importantly, first, you're pretty sure it was her peeking and listening in on you that you noticed just now, which brings up uncertainty as to whether she might have been spying on you the other time, too. Second, if Shanghai was listening in on your conversation, such as it was, for whatever reasoning, and was close enough to hear it.... then so was that Alice. And thinking back, you're pretty sure that she, at least, had a similar misconception regarding parentage as the Tenshi did.

Well, it'll probably be fine. Either you get a bigger Alice, faster, or the idea will be brushed aside entirely, as far as you can tell.

Back to other matters, you have no idea where to look for ice-cream suppliers, so that's something you can pile on Frank, and have him take care of. He probably knows someone who does that, or failing that, someone who knows someone who does. Moving along, you question hats and headgear. You've seen them in very... very little indeed, yes, but you don't think you've ever noticed Alice voluntarily removing her headband, or Tenshi or Chen their hats.

It's not impossible, it seems, and Alice briefly demonstrates before very quickly putting it back. They just prefer to leave them on, since not wearing the things is... something like being more naked than nudity, or something. The explanation doesn't really make a lot of sense, but it gets across that these things are Important to them.

Well, a quick check shows that you don't seem to have missed anything, all occupants of the apartment are continuing as per normal. Nothing important you might have missed that you can think of, really. You might want to use the laptop, to be sure, but Frank is in the middle of something with it right now, and you don't really feel it's important enough just yet to take it away from him.

Instead, you step out, alone this time, and wander off to find a competitor. He's actually pretty close by, so the walk is short.

Chad is working out of a store-front partway through repurposing into a sort of pet-shop. Most of the cages and tanks in the front of the store are empty, and Chad himself is wearing a ridiculous costume 'turban' with an obviously-fake plastic piece of jewelry that is supposed to look like a gemstone set in gold. As he's also a more than six foot tall fellow, with dark skin, and he's wearing a florally-patterned t-shirt and blue jeans to set off the absurd headgear, this comes off a little bizarrely.

"WELCOME!" He booms, waving his arms for theatric emphasis. "Mister customer, Welcome to Crazy Chassad's Yukkuri Emporium, the finest location to find the best yukkuri at the lowest prices. Why do I do this, you ask, accepting prices so low as to have nearly no profit in it for myself? That is because I am CRAZY, yes? But you have come for a yukkuri, Chassad knows this, or why else would you be here? You have come at a good time, Customer, for Chassad was preparing to close up and leave for another engagement. BUT. Craaazy Chassad always has the time available to find the Customer what he needs. Yes, Chassad knows what it is you seek."

"Alright then." You say, deciding to humor the man. "What am I interested in."

"Sakuya!" He answers, raising a single finger for emphasis. You nearly swallow your tongue, as the arrow hits dead home. "It is unfortunate! Terribly unfortunate, Customer, for I am afraid I am out of stock. The newborn Sakuya I had in my inventory was, unfortunately, snapped up just yesterday morning, in fact. But Chassad will find something just for you, Customer, and for this unfortunate matter of timing will throw in an entirely complimentary name tag for you."

He stops to consider, then nods.

"Yes, I am not thinking that you are interested in Marisa or Reimu right now, Customer." He says, seriously. "And unfortunately, stock is low right now. But I do have a special deal prepared, just for you! 25M, and I give to you this Rumia yukkuri I have in the back room, owned before only by the old lady to find it in her basement and bring it to me, and the complimentary name tag! For you alone, Customer, I make this offer. Because I am Craaa-zy!"

---

3:38 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 40275
I like him already.

[X] Buy it.
>> No. 40276
Holy shit, this guy is awesome.

Unfortunately, Rumia aren't really any good, especially since this one was found in a basement and probably isn't trained. They can spread darkness, but are afraid of it. Their intelligence is ... debatable, we'd probably be better off locating a Remilia for pest control, if we want a predatory type. A wild Remilia would probably be just as easy to train, and given that trained Remilias are available from the factory, it'll probably be easier to find a trained one. Not to mention keeping Sakuyas would be easier if we had a Remilia.

[x] What's a Rumia do?
[x] You'll pass, but would he happen to have any Remilias, preferably trained ones?
[x] Where'd he get the Sakuya? Yukkuri breed quickly, so will he be able to have some more in a few days?
-[x] If that was his only Sakuya, who did he sell it to?
[x] Go back to the apartment, try and find an artist on the way.
[x] Get the lowdown on the Reimus' and Marisas' educational progress so you know how much to feed them.
[x] Poor Shanghai probably also thinks you're her dad, and now risks growing beyond her normal size! When you get back, say something to fix this, and use the keychain on a Chen. That's what you bought it for.
>> No. 40277
[x] You'll pass, but would he happen to have any Remilias, preferably trained ones?
[x] Where'd he get the Sakuya? Yukkuri breed quickly, so will he be able to have some more in a few days?
[x] Go back to the apartment, try and find an artist on the way.
[x] Get the lowdown on the Reimus' and Marisas' educational progress so you know how much to feed them.
>> No. 40278
>>40276
Well, Rumia's can control darkness, And I'm pretty sure not too many yukkuri are going to stay calm when it suddenly goes from light to dark. Hell, They might even go to sleep. Maybe we can trick wild yukkuri into sleeping and thus being an easy target? I highly doubt it, but still.

Plus, Chen-A(or 1, I dont know)has a good sense of smell, right? Then that'd make them a pretty good team, and we likely arent going to find too many other Rumias.

[x]Buy it.
>> No. 40279
[x] What's a Rumia do?
-[x] Is it a blob or a bodied one? Nevermind, you will take it. More variety, more products to sell.
[x] Ask him species he sells, and if there are bodied ones.
-[x] How should you keep in touch with him, for future business?
-[x] Does he buy yukkuri too?
[x] Where'd he get the Sakuya? Yukkuri breed quickly, so will he be able to have some more in a few days?
-[x] If that was his only Sakuya, who did he sell it to?
[x] Go back to the apartment, try and find an artist on the way.
-[x] When you get home, pet Shangai and Alice-1 affectionately. Tenshi-5 too.

We're aimming to sell bodied yukkuri, aren't we? We can't rely on selling just Tenshis, we need variety.

Also, Rumia is a better pest control than a Remilia, because it won't make a fuss over food. It can control darkness, but it's afraid of it. We can easily teach it to not scare the other yukkuri, and use it as a punishment tool to scare bad yukkuri.
>> No. 40280
[x] Agree to buy the Rumia - it'll help build a business relationship, grab us another interesting specimen, and 25 M is cheap.
[x] Ask him if he's willing to keep an eye out for other species that you may want.
-[x] If yes, offer to pay him a small amount of money each month in exchange for the option to buy them first. Haggle a bit, but not too much.
-[x] List yukkuri that you may want in the future - Sakuya tops the list, but others might include Patchoulis, Yuukas, Cirnos, Eirins, Kaguyas, and so on and so forth.
>> No. 40281
SAKUYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>> No. 40282
[x] Agree to buy the Rumia - it'll help build a business relationship, grab us another interesting specimen, and 25 M is cheap.
[x] Ask him if he's willing to keep an eye out for other species that you may want.
-[x] If yes, offer to pay him a small amount of money each month in exchange for the option to buy them first. Haggle a bit, but not too much.

First step for our supplementry Pest Control business
>> No. 40283
>>40281
Stop that.

Anyway, you guys do realize that Rumia is a predator, and untrained predators are a silly thing to have around when you've got a bunch of koyukkuri all over the place?

[x] What's a Rumia do?
[x] You'll pass, but would he happen to have any Remilias, preferably trained ones?
[x] Where'd he get the Sakuya? Yukkuri breed quickly, so will he be able to have some more in a few days?
-[x] If that was his only Sakuya, who did he sell it to?
[x] Go back to the apartment, try and find an artist on the way.
[x] Get the lowdown on the Reimus' and Marisas' educational progress so you know how much to feed them.
[x] Poor Shanghai probably also thinks you're her dad, and now risks growing beyond her normal size! When you get back, say something to fix this.
>> No. 40284
[x] What's a Rumia do?
-[x] Is it a blob or a bodied one? Nevermind, you will take it. More variety, more products to sell.
[x] Ask him species he sells, and if there are bodied ones.
-[x] How should you keep in touch with him, for future business?
-[x] Does he buy yukkuri too?
[x] Where'd he get the Sakuya? Yukkuri breed quickly, so will he be able to have some more in a few days?
-[x] If that was his only Sakuya, who did he sell it to?
[x] Go back to the apartment, try and find an artist on the way.
-[x] When you get home, pet Shangai and Alice-1 affectionately.
>> No. 40285
[x] What's a Rumia do?
-[x] See the Yukkuri first and evaluate the possibility of predatorial issues.
-- [x] If his deals are CRAZY enough, then would he be crazy enough to give you a cage?
-[x] Evaluate the possibility of using its filling as an ingredient in the cafe.
-[x] Evaluate the possibility of a future yukkuri-extermination venture using the more predatorial sub-species.
[x] Where'd he get the Sakuya? Yukkuri breed quickly, so will he be able to have some more in a few days?
-[x] If that was his only Sakuya, who did he sell it to?
-[x] Ask him if he's willing to keep an eye out for other species that you may want.
--[x] If yes, offer to pay him a small amount of money each month in exchange for the option to buy them first. Haggle a bit, but not too much.
[x] Get the lowdown on the Reimus' and Marisas' educational progress so you know how much to feed them.
[x] Poor Shanghai probably also thinks you're her dad, and now risks growing beyond her normal size! When you get back, say something to fix this.

Ok, the experiment is already skewed, hell maybe those two already told about it to the other yukkuri and we might get a full batch of human sized yukkuri... somehow I'm fine with this.
So, any ideas in case we get an oversized Shanghai? The only thing I´m thinking is about the oversized doll-sparks and that doesn't help me anything.
>> No. 40286
File 133074674471.jpg - (137.81KB , 522x439 , c9a0971865af789d2fe6b7a25ed4da78a81e3381.jpg ) [iqdb]
40286
"I'll take it." You say immediately, without stopping to think. "I mean, uh... What does it do?"

"Ah, Rumia, she can make the light... go away. 'Poof'." He says, stretching his fingers out. "And everything is dark, yes? I bring her out now, she is sleeping."

You start to ask if it's a bodied or blob yukkuri, but he is gone too fast, and on reflection you realize it probably doesn't matter anyway. You'll be buying it no matter which, since one just means it takes a bit longer for bodied yukkuri to be born.

When he returns, it's with an adult-sized blonde blob with a ribbon in its hair. True to his word, there's a name-tag pinned through the ribbon. Payment is made quickly.

"And now-" Chad says, before you stop him.

"I have a couple of questions." You say. "Where did the Sakuya come from? Will you have more in stock soon? Yukkuri breed swiftly, after all."

"Ah, I am afraid, Customer, that my stock is dependent heavily on what I locate myself, or what is sold to me." Chad says. "With my only one sold, I will not have more, until..."

"Oh... well then, can you tell me who bought it?" You ask.

"I am afraid that Chassad cannot recall. A rather wealthy man picked it up as a gift for his child, but I did not get his name, as it happens. If that will be all?"

.... The thought occurs to you to set up some kind of arrangement where you are notified first if anything interesting comes into stock, but you hesitate. He is a competitor, after all, and if you bring it up then if he hasn't thought of it himself... well, first, he'd be making more money. Second, there's no reason he can't extend the offer to others too, and then get to you.... after everyone who'd paid more.

"Yes. I guess you'll still be here if I come back?"

"Of course, Customer!" Chad says cheerily. And then he removes the cheesy turban, and his whole demeanor seems to shift as dreadlocks drop down. "... And now, it's closing time. I've got places to be, so I'm gonna have to ask you to leave."

Chad shows you to the door, closing it behind you as he starts locking up for the day. Rumia snores softly in your arms...

Well, nothing really to be done but head back. You idly ask strangers passing by about artists as you go, but don't get much other than funny looks, apologetic denials, and people hurrying their paces while pretending they hadn't heard you. The last is a bit rude, but you guess it's a slightly odd thing to do, particularly while you have a sleeping Yukkuri under your arm.

It doesn't take long to get back to the apartment, either.

---

4:02 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 40287
[x] Look up Rumias.
-[x] Once you realize it's predatory, secure the Rumia in a place it can't eat anybody.
-[x] Finish looking up Rumias. Useful things include more specifics on their darkness, their trainability and impulse control, and whether they'll accept your cereal or should be fed disposable yukkuri.
[x] Speculate on the actual need for a yukkuri extermination sidebusiness when the things are quite fragile, the city already clears them out regularly, and a good part of your time will be taken up by the cafe.
[x] Get the lowdown on the Reimus' and Marisas' educational progress so you know how much to feed them.
[x] Poor Shanghai probably also thinks you're her dad, and now risks growing beyond her normal size! Say something, possibly only to her, to fix this.

Well, I don't agree with this decision, but we now have a Rumia. I can't remember if there's a limit to how many kos a trained parent can teach at once, so we might want to wait a couple days to have babies. When we do, I'd say a Chen would make the best parent, because it's predatory-ish by virtue of being a cat.
>> No. 40288
[x] Look up Rumias.
-[x] Once you realize it's predatory, secure the Rumia in a place it can't eat anybody.
-[x] Finish looking up Rumias. Useful things include more specifics on their darkness, their trainability and impulse control, and whether they'll accept your cereal or should be fed disposable yukkuri.
[x] Speculate on the actual need for a yukkuri extermination sidebusiness when the things are quite fragile, the city already clears them out regularly, and a good part of your time will be taken up by the cafe.
[x] Get the lowdown on the Reimus' and Marisas' educational progress so you know how much to feed them.
[x] Poor Shanghai probably also thinks you're her dad, and now risks growing beyond her normal size! Say something, possibly only to her, to fix this.

This will do for now.
>> No. 40289
[x] Look up Rumias.
-[x] Once you realize it's predatory, secure the Rumia in a place it can't eat anybody.
-[x] Finish looking up Rumias. Useful things include more specifics on their darkness, their trainability and impulse control, and whether they'll accept your cereal or should be fed disposable yukkuri.
[x] Speculate on the actual need for a yukkuri extermination sidebusiness when the things are quite fragile, the city already clears them out regularly, and a good part of your time will be taken up by the cafe.
[x] Get the lowdown on the Reimus' and Marisas' educational progress so you know how much to feed them.
[x] If the Rumia wakes up in time, establish your dominance over it - be firm but not cruel, promise it food and safe shelter in exchange for its cooperation. If that fails, well, there's always Plan B.

>>40287
I'm not seeing the problem if Shanghai becomes bigger than normal.
>> No. 40291
>>40289
Well, I'd rather not take even tiny risks when it comes to Shanghai.

Also she'll be a better mascot if she's small and cute like Shanghais are supposed to be. If she grows too big, she just be a sideshow attraction rather than the public face of our cafe.
>> No. 40295
x] Look up Rumias.
-[x] Once you realize it's predatory, secure the Rumia in a place it can't eat anybody.
[x] Arrange to secretly feed it the retarded blobs
[x] Research on the profitability of cafes and realise that you may need further income sources.
[x] Get the lowdown on the Reimus' and Marisas' educational progress so you know how much to feed them.
[x] If the Rumia wakes up in time, establish your dominance over it - be firm but not cruel, promise it food and safe shelter in exchange for its cooperation.
>> No. 40296
>>40291

Bigger Shangai, bigger laser. She also becomes even more rare, as big Shangais are practically unexistant as of yet.
>> No. 40297
[x] Look up Rumias.
-[x] Once you realize it's predatory, secure the Rumia in a place it can't eat anybody.
-[x] You will also have to...dispose, of a few yukkuri. You will want this one bodied too.
[x] Research on the profitability of cafes and realise that you may need further income sources.
[x] Get the lowdown on the Reimus' and Marisas' educational progress so you know how much to feed them.
[x] If the Rumia wakes up in time, establish your dominance over it - be firm but not cruel, promise it food and safe shelter in exchange for its cooperation.
>> No. 40298
[x] Look up Rumias.
-[x] Once you realize it's predatory, secure the Rumia in a place it can't eat anybody.
-[x] Finish looking up Rumias. Useful things include more specifics on their darkness, their trainability and impulse control, and whether they'll accept your cereal or should be fed disposable yukkuri.
[x] Speculate on the actual need for a yukkuri extermination sidebusiness when the things are quite fragile, the city already clears them out regularly, and a good part of your time will be taken up by the cafe.
[x] Get the lowdown on the Reimus' and Marisas' educational progress so you know how much to feed them.
[x] Poor Shanghai probably also thinks you're her dad, and now risks growing beyond her normal size! Say something, possibly only to her, to fix this.

Dunno about you guys, but I wouldn't go to a cafe that had an elephant-sized squirrel on the premises. Maybe once to see it, but smallness is a big part of Shanghai's charm as a mascot.
>> No. 40299
We, uh, haven't used the laser. At all.

[x] Look up Rumias.
-[x] Once you realize it's predatory, secure the Rumia in a place it can't eat anybody.
-[x] Finish looking up Rumias. Useful things include more specifics on their darkness, their trainability and impulse control, and whether they'll accept your cereal or should be fed disposable yukkuri.
[x] Speculate on the actual need for a yukkuri extermination sidebusiness when the things are quite fragile, the city already clears them out regularly, and a good part of your time will be taken up by the cafe.
[x] Research on the profitability of cafes and realise that you may need further income sources.
-[x] Then remember you're going to sell some as pets too.
[x] Get the lowdown on the Reimus' and Marisas' educational progress so you know how much to feed them.
[x] Poor Shanghai probably also thinks you're her dad, and now risks growing beyond her normal size! Say something, possibly only to her, to fix this.
>> No. 40300
>>40291
Not seeing your logic in this - we're going to use Shanghai as a draw-in and then hopefully retain curiosity-seekers with the cafe's service and atmosphere. I don't see how its size affects its ability to pull in curious people; if anything, its unusual size is a plus in that department.
>> No. 40302
> Once you realize it's predatory, secure the Rumia in a place it can't eat anybody.

Are you fucking kidding me? How the hell did it pray on other yukkuri, while living in a damn basement? I hope Kahi writes his Rumia to be an adorable sister-type, just to spite you metaknowledgers.
>> No. 40303
>>40302
If I had to guess, I'd guess that the Rumia is omnivorous. It might've been able to survive on insects and other small critters crawling around the basement. Alternatively, I don't think it's too unreasonable to think that the Rumia might've been able to enter and leave the basement in order to go food searching on the outside. After all, it did manage to enter the basement in the first place and it is pretty small compared to a human - there should be spaces obvious to a yukkuri that aren't to a human due to the size difference.
>> No. 40304
[x] Look up Rumias.
-[x] Once you realize it's predatory, secure the Rumia in a place it can't eat anybody.
-[x] Finish looking up Rumias. Useful things include more specifics on their darkness, their trainability and impulse control, and whether they'll accept your cereal or should be fed disposable yukkuri.
[x] Speculate on the actual need for a yukkuri extermination sidebusiness when the things are quite fragile, the city already clears them out regularly, and a good part of your time will be taken up by the cafe.
[x] Research on the profitability of cafes and realise that you may need further income sources.
-[x] Then remember you're going to sell some as pets too.
[x] Get the lowdown on the Reimus' and Marisas' educational progress so you know how much to feed them.

Yeah, usnually large Shangais are a thing to admire.
>> No. 40305
[
x] Look up Rumias.
-[x] Once you realize it's predatory, secure the Rumia in a place it can't eat anybody.
[x] Arrange to secretly feed it the retarded blobs
[x] Research on the profitability of cafes and realise that you may need further income sources.
[x] Get the lowdown on the Reimus' and Marisas' educational progress so you know how much to feed them.
[x] If the Rumia wakes up in time, establish your dominance over it - be firm but not cruel, promise it food and safe shelter in exchange for its cooperation.

"Poor Shangai"? What's the problem with her growing bit bigger?
>> No. 40306
File 133081986747.jpg - (82.80KB , 600x600 , 4fe534a5762a96ccc1e16627c972117e.jpg ) [iqdb]
40306
You should probably look up Rumias, you decide, since Frank's busy in the kitchen.

You decide this because the one in your arms blearily blinks awake on entry, and the query of "... Meat?" sends the crib-yukkuri, particularly Reimu, into a shrill sort of minor frenzy before they figure out that Rumia couldn't get past the mesh walls even if you set her down. Hatate and her brood, for their part, immediately move to the highest available surface, and the rest just look reasonably wary of her.

Sure enough, they're predatory, but rather ineptly so. Technically just omnivores, really. Sure, they'd prefer to eat meat and other yukkuri if at all possible, what they end up eating is fallen leaves, other plant matter, and insects. The stronger inclination towards predation, however, is enough for others to avoid them.

Rumia testingly nibbles at one of your fingers, but a sharp prod is enough to put a stop to that. She submits fairly easily, given that you're significantly larger than her, and doesn't make any more thoughtful moves like that. Instead, she just settles in your lap and, after a bit, drifts back to sleep again.

You'll have to figure out something to keep her properly, but it shouldn't be too difficult. At worst, clear the crib yukkuri out and put her there... though that leaves them all over the living room floor, and you aren't sure just yet that they've learned properly to stay out of the way, so they don't get stepped on. Well, maybe there's something else you can work out.

In any case, their filling is... meat. Raw meat, actually, and likened to the sort of paste that gets made into fried nuggets and dipped in things, only... meatier, apparently. Since the best they can do hunting-wise is generally to sometimes catch other yukkuri, and they don't seem to really have much luck hunting animals at all, this meat paste is generally one of the few things they can find to fulfil the hunger for meat, alongside their hunger for sweets. As such, and since Rumia can make it dark but are also, strangely, scared of the dark, it's not uncommon for them to prey specifically on unrelated Rumia. Generally, they are their own biggest predator, as more often other predatory yukkuri will focus on sweet and sugary ones. Aside from Rumia, it looks like their biggest source of meat is... carrion. Fresh, preferably, but it looks like they'll eat dead animals as long as they haven't been sitting in the sun for too long.

But they're more than used to eating things they wouldn't neccessarily prefer to eat, so giving Rumia cereal shouldn't be a problem. And while your mind is on that, you quickly pester Alice for an update on education.... well, there's little difference so far, but that's really only to be expected. It looks like they're all unwilling to have their food taken away, though, so for now at least just the threat is enough to have them grudgingly accepting the tutelage. You'll have to see if that sticks, or if you'll end up having to follow through.

In any case, Rumia don't seem very bright. You don't really see anything remarking on 'impulse control', or anything of that nature, so you can only really guess that it is about the same as any other... not terribly good. But on the plus side, she'll likely only eat food that gets left out, rather than spoil it for anyone else. There's still the definite concern that she might eat any of the young, though. You'll have to keep an eye on her. As for its darkness ability, it seems like it can only manage to knock out all light in one room, or a very limited area outside...... and then will generally panic at the inability to see until it turns the ability off again. No matter.

You're starting to have some mild concerns about potential profitability of the cafe, with all of the expenses. General profit margin... it looks like it averages about five percent, looking at it? Not good. But then, that's with staff that want paying, and at the same time part of the cafe's purpose is to advertise pet/maid sales, since you definitely have far more on hand than are really needed to wait on a set and limited amount of tables. Roughly a dozen tables means you only need roughly a dozen waitresses on hand to serve them, after all, and you have that and more.

You... guess you could go out and exterminate yukkuri? But once they become a big enough nuisance for there to be calls for extermination, the city generally deals with matters itself quickly. And in most cases, all you would need is a heavy stick or thick boots you can wipe off, so little danger, meaning it's a job even children could and would eagerly undertake for a few cookies or a slice of fresh pie. You can only really see it taking up a lot of time and not really generating much of anything in the way of profit, to be honest, especially given that you would likely have to focus away from the cafe in the meantime.

You set Rumia down in the kitchen and make sure Frank knows to watch her before you take a moment aside with Shanghai. You aren't sure how to phrase things, so you end up just rambling a bit about how Shanghai don't grow bigger, and that's fine, because it doesn't matter if she grows bigger or not...

She makes confused noises through your spiel, and you aren't really certain you got what you meant across. It's kind of difficult to be sure, when only one part of the equation can really speak.

The sun is starting to hang pretty low in the sky, though. Less time to get to your appointment before sundown. Probably better to finish up anything to be done here quickly, and leave the rest in Frank's hands until you're back.

---

4:35 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 40307
[x] What you're saying is, Shanghai won't grow any bigger because Shanghais don't grow large. But you like it that way, since it's much easier to play with her when she's this size. Then play with her for a little bit.
[x] You'll want to look into getting more cribs. Or maybe a hamper covered with mesh.
[x] Evaluate how much attention Reimu-A and Marisa-A are paying to the buris and whether they'd notice one missing without outside prompting. Authorize Frank to collect one unnoticed if the Rumia expresses hunger, but he should make sure it understands it'll be expected to listen to us in exchange for us giving it meals.
-[x] Could he please remove the buri's nametag and accessory before feeding and put them somewhere?
[x] Head out to the site. Don't forget your ticket.

The nametag is not only a potential hazard, our first lesson to her should be 'don't eat badged yukkurri', and undermining that is pointless. The accessory is so we can frame any troublemakers.
>> No. 40308
>She makes confused noises through your spiel
>confused noises

Shangai accepts everything said to them as true, and accepts any order and fulfill them to the letter. If she's confused, she doesn't understand why she wouldn't grow bigger, and probably believes she will grow.

Instead of stopping her from growing, we should motivate her to grow. Not only she will be a more interessting attraction, she will also be harder to be eaten by Rumia/Remilia/Flandre/etc.

[x] Order Shangai to stay the fuck away from Rumia.
[x] You'll want to look into getting more cribs. Or maybe a hamper covered with mesh.
[x] Evaluate how much attention Reimu-A and Marisa-A are paying to the buris and whether they'd notice one missing without outside prompting. Authorize Frank to collect one unnoticed if the Rumia expresses hunger, but he should make sure it understands it'll be expected to listen to us in exchange for us giving it meals.
-[x] Could he please remove the buri's nametag and accessory before feeding and put them somewhere?
[x] Head out to the site. Don't forget your ticket.
>> No. 40309
[x] What you're saying is, Shanghai won't grow any bigger because Shanghais don't grow large. But you like it that way, since it's much easier to play with her when she's this size. Then play with her for a little bit.
[x] You'll want to look into getting more cribs. Or maybe a hamper covered with mesh.
[x] Evaluate how much attention Reimu-A and Marisa-A are paying to the buris and whether they'd notice one missing without outside prompting. Authorize Frank to collect one unnoticed if the Rumia expresses hunger, but he should make sure it understands it'll be expected to listen to us in exchange for us giving it meals.
-[x] Could he please remove the buri's nametag and accessory before feeding and put them somewhere?
[x] Head out to the site. Don't forget your ticket.
>> No. 40310
Why a Rumia? Why hatate? Why more yukkuri?

We've already lost the perfect waitress, Sakuya, so focus on training the rest and stop picking unrelated Yukkuris.
>> No. 40311
>>40310
To sell?

To catch wild Yukkuri?
>> No. 40312
[x] What you're saying is, Shanghai won't grow any bigger because Shanghais don't grow large. But you like it that way, since it's much easier to play with her when she's this size. Then play with her for a little bit.
[x] You'll want to look into getting more cribs. Or maybe a hamper covered with mesh.
[x] Evaluate how much attention Reimu-A and Marisa-A are paying to the buris and whether they'd notice one missing without outside prompting. Authorize Frank to collect one unnoticed if the Rumia expresses hunger, but he should make sure it understands it'll be expected to listen to us in exchange for us giving it meals.
-[x] Could he please remove the buri's nametag and accessory before feeding and put them somewhere?
[x] Head out to the site. Don't forget your ticket.
>> No. 40313
[x] Let Shangai believe she can grow bigger.
[x] Order Shangai to stay the fuck away from Rumia.
[x] You'll want to look into getting more cribs. Or maybe a hamper covered with mesh.
[x] Evaluate how much attention Reimu-A and Marisa-A are paying to the buris and whether they'd notice one missing without outside prompting. Authorize Frank to collect one unnoticed if the Rumia expresses hunger, but he should make sure it understands it'll be expected to listen to us in exchange for us giving it meals.
-[x] Could he please remove the buri's nametag and accessory before feeding and put them somewhere?
[x] Head out to the site. Don't forget your ticket.

For reasons others have exposed, I think Shangai should grow up too.
>> No. 40314
[x] Let Shangai believe she can grow bigger.
[x] Order Shangai to stay the fuck away from Rumia.
[x] You'll want to look into getting more cribs. Or maybe a hamper covered with mesh.
>> No. 40315
[x] Let Shangai believe she can grow bigger.
[x] Order Shangai to become best friends with Rumia.
[x] You'll want to look into getting more cribs. Or maybe a hamper covered with mesh.
[x] Evaluate how much attention Reimu-A and Marisa-A are paying to the buris and whether they'd notice one missing without outside prompting. Authorize Frank to collect one unnoticed if the Rumia expresses hunger, but he should make sure it understands it'll be expected to listen to us in exchange for us giving it meals.
-[x] Could he please remove the buri's nametag and accessory before feeding and put them somewhere?
[x] Head out to the site. Don't forget your ticket.
>> No. 40316
Let's see. On one side we have being harder to eat (while that's a good point, we can just keep her with us - we'll have to, as she can just be ordered to hold still), making a more 'interessting attraction' and a possible bigger laser that we've never used. On the other hand, we have our mascot actually looking like a Shanghai, and no risks from possible side effects of growing larger, and making people think we haven't done mad experiments on our Shanghai. Gee, I wonder.

[x] What you're saying is, Shanghai won't grow any bigger because Shanghais don't grow large. But you like it that way, since it's much easier to play with her when she's this size. Then play with her for a little bit.
[x] Order Shangai to stay the fuck away from Rumia.
[x] You'll want to look into getting more cribs. Or maybe a hamper covered with mesh.
[x] Evaluate how much attention Reimu-A and Marisa-A are paying to the buris and whether they'd notice one missing without outside prompting. Authorize Frank to collect one unnoticed if the Rumia expresses hunger, but he should make sure it understands it'll be expected to listen to us in exchange for us giving it meals.
-[x] Could he please remove the buri's nametag and accessory before feeding and put them somewhere?
[x] Head out to the site. Don't forget your ticket.
>> No. 40317
[x] What you're saying is, Shanghai won't grow any bigger because Shanghais don't grow large. But you like it that way, since it's much easier to play with her when she's this size. Then play with her for a little bit.
[x] Order Shangai to stay the fuck away from Rumia.
[x] Remind self of whether Rumias can fly.
[x] You'll want to look into getting more cribs. Or maybe a hamper covered with mesh.
[x] Evaluate how much attention Reimu-A and Marisa-A are paying to the buris and whether they'd notice one missing without outside prompting. Authorize Frank to collect one unnoticed if the Rumia expresses hunger, but he should make sure it understands it'll be expected to listen to us in exchange for us giving it meals.
-[x] Could he please remove the buri's nametag and accessory before feeding and put them somewhere?
[x] Head out to the site. Don't forget your ticket.

It's not that I don't mind Shanghai being a little bigger, it's just you guys seem to want her to grow a lot bigger.

Also, I thought Rumias could fly, but the fact that they eat fallen leaves and the Hatates went to the highest available surface suggests they can't.
>> No. 40318
[x] Let Shangai believe she can grow bigger.
[x] Order Shangai to stay the fuck away from Rumia.
[x] You'll want to look into getting more cribs. Or maybe a hamper covered with mesh.
[x] Head out to the site. Don't forget your ticket.

Spoiling an untrained Rumia? That's poor parenting right there. Have to take a firm stand.
>> No. 40319
>>40317
Speaking personally, I'm all for Shanghai attempting to grow because it seems like the most likely path for yukkuri to become youkai. Because let's face it - being a yukkuri is suffering and becoming a youkai is a big upgrade for the yukkuri in almost all cases.
>> No. 40320
One thing Kahi has alluded to/outright stated in one of the GoogleDocs conversations is that if Yukkuri evolve, they can choose to leave us. Not sure if it matters, really, though, as some degree of obedience is needed for us to make them believe us anyway.

Also, mental stability isn't a prerequisite for evolution, so I'd keep an eye on Reimu 1.
>> No. 40321
>>40319
We've heard reports of the factory having dosu-scale yukkurri, and have personally observed one that's been growing for at least three generations. The Suika wasn't a youkai, and the dosus probably weren't either. Plus, we've already got two yukkuri testing that idea that we can replace if something goes wrong.

[x]>>40317

Posting from 3DS, no copypaste.
>> No. 40322
>>40321
>Dosu-yukkuri

Dosu yukkuri are probably yukkuri that grew too much without being instructed on hwt to grow properly ("Properly" as in "Evolving into something superior").

Also, the Suika. No one ever motivated Suika to believe she can grow. Actually, I think no one ever motivated her to even think, only to make more and more beer.
>> No. 40323
>>40321
In most yukkuri stories, dosu are either unexplained or freaks of nature. Most yukkuri top out around beach ball size or a little bigger while a very rare few become much, much bigger as dosu. Yukkuri becoming youkai is even weirder in that dosu, blobs, and even bodied yukkuri have become anthropomorphic youkai in different stories.

In short, we don't know the rules for yukkuri metamorphosis in this setting because there isn't one agreed-upon set across the fandom. We can make educated guesses but that's about it. Anything we want to know, we'll need to test for it.

I'd semi-jokingly recommend that we try for dosu-yukkuri, but that's leaning too much towards crazy evil overlord territory because dosu sparks.
>> No. 40324
Evil Overlord John, with his army of mutated yukkuri. heh, that'd be the day.
>> No. 40326
Am I the only one who thinks that evil yukkuri overlord is overdoing it a little? There's no saying about how much different they would be besides size and possible cognitive ability. And remember, people here still have guns.
The best bet if we even get to create one would be for the "alternative maid" project, elite pets or as the workfoce of franchises of the coffee shop (managers, cashiers, head of waitresses).
>> No. 40328
>>40326
Like I said, breeding dosu en masse is pretty much a joke. There might be uses for some of the things, but most are probably either too useless or too dangerous or both to be worth the effort. Guns or not, dosu range from 1 to 3 meters and that much filling to going to hurt if it contacts. Not to mention that dosu tend to possess magical abilities such as the Marisa dosu's dosu-spark. Different stories depict those as ranging from 'fourth degree burns on humans' to 'building busting'.
>> No. 40331
[x] What you're saying is, Shanghai won't grow any bigger because Shanghais don't grow large. But you like it that way, since it's much easier to play with her when she's this size. Then play with her for a little bit.
[x] You'll want to look into getting more cribs. Or maybe a hamper covered with mesh.
[x] Evaluate how much attention Reimu-A and Marisa-A are paying to the buris and whether they'd notice one missing without outside prompting. Authorize Frank to collect one unnoticed if the Rumia expresses hunger, but he should make sure it understands it'll be expected to listen to us in exchange for us giving it meals.
-[x] Could he please remove the buri's nametag and accessory before feeding and put them somewhere?
[x] Head out to the site. Don't forget your ticket.

We don't need to tell Shanghai to keep away from Rumia - all the yukkuri seemed to understand that instinctively. In addition, if the vote is literally interpreted, we'd be yelling and swearing at Shanghai, and that's a horrible thing to do.
>> No. 40333
File 133092698923.png - (91.30KB , 1556x1113 , Start.png ) [iqdb]
40333
"What I'm saying is, you won't get big, because Shanghai don't get big." You clarify. "But that's fine. Because as long as you're little, it's easier for me to play with you~"

You still aren't sure she quite gets it, and you aren't certain, but you think you catch a blush starting before you prod and start tickling at her. Well, it'll probably work out fine.

"There's one thing, though." You say, as she calms down and snuggles against your fingers. "Keep away from Rumia. Don't go near her at all. All right?"

A sleepy mumble answers you as you set her down near Alice, seeming to assure that the possible problem there has been dodged.

You have to check on something. It doesn't take long to figure out that you can pick up a mesh crib similar to the one you already have for... about 15M. You'll only really have space for it in the living room, though, and you definitely only have room to add one more. Right slap up next to the other one, too. You'll probably want to slide something thin in between the two of them, so that Rumia isn't constantly staring through the wall, and the other's aren't constantly freaking out over that. But it's a cheap enough solution, and since Rumia can't fly or get out of the crib any more than Reimu or Marisa can, it'll mean that problems are taken care of nicely. No accidental predations.

....... On that note, you need to talk to Frank.

"Hey." You say, slowly. "Do you think... that those two would even notice, you know, if one of the Buri were just... gone?"

"I'm pretty sure, yeah." He answers. "Especially after that whole thing before, I don't remember when you mentioned. But there's only three of them now. They might not get 'Four', but I don't think they have a problem counting up to three."

"Yeah, well..." You say, awkwardly, rubbing the back of your neck. "If Rumia gets hungry, you know... It probably wouldn't be a problem if you told them instead that..."

"Dude." Frank says, flatly.

"... You were, like, taking them away to a new owner, or-"

"Dude. Johnny." Frank says again. "Relax here. Chill. Let's just go ahead and wait a little longer than a couple of days to see if I can find buyers before you start writing things off as lost causes and start talking about feeding one to another."

"I just don't really see-"

"I've only been looking for a little bit, Johnny." Frank says again. "Seriously, give me a while, here. Wait another week or two, give people time to hear about this. Then maybe we can start talking about, you know, the sort of drastic measures that might end up upsetting the little ladies if they found out, alright? I mean, geeze, I thought you were the patient and deliberate one here, where I just ran ahead with things."

You rub the bridge of your nose and sigh.

"I mean, come on. You want to just kill them off because they're retarded and you can't see them getting you a lot of money? Fine. Whatever. But I'm not gonna do it for you. You can do your own messy work." Frank says, sternly.

"It's not about that." You deny. "I'm just saying, if it turns out that she needs to eat other-"

"Dude, I went back and read those pages after you were done, don't try to bullshit me. I am a master of bullshit. The bullshit king." Frank interrupts. "I know just as well as you do that she might 'like' to eat every other yukkuri in the whole apartment, but she doesn't 'need' to. Don't try to pull that. She'll get along just as well on normal feed as the rest."

"... ugh." You sigh. "Fine, whatever. Don't feed the buri to her, then. I was just saying you could."

"Yeah, and I'm just saying I'm not gonna." He answers.

You don't have the time to argue over it, and say as much, before collecting a ticket and heading off.

It takes a while to get to the empty lot, and the sun is hanging down by the horizon when you get there. The lot is empty when you get there, though. You look around, and have just enough time to wonder if you're early or late before the bottom drops out of the world, and you find yourself falling...

---

"Our final contestant arrives. Just in time." An ominous voice speaks, in the middle of a heavily fog-shrouded front lawn. There's the occasional dying tree, either on this side or the other of a nearby, ornate metal fence. You can't really make it out, but it looks like there's a looming wall up past the gate, which is chained shut and locked. You turn around and look... to see a dilapidated, heavily weathered mansion. The fog is hanging thick and low enough that you can't really make out anything above the ground level, though. The front door is pretty ornate, set between two trees, and a couple of windows. One of which is cracked.

"Ahem. Your fee?" The voice asks. You turn away to dig out your ticket and hand it over to... is it the attendant of the exchange booth? ... No. It's hard to tell, but he looks a little different. In any case, he accepts the ticket and adds it to a mass of them in his other hand, held down by a single token. Then the whole lot erupts in a theatric burst of purple flame.

It's... impressive, really, but it comes off as a little forced to you, somehow. Like he did it just because he knew it would be impressive, when he could have just as easily just stuck them in his pocket and thrown them away somewhere. Instead of going for the "OH WOW" factor. You take a moment to glance around the area, and see Chad. So this is where he was going. Then you look more, and see...

Serah. You feel yourself going a little pale, as you instinctively glance for the nearest window to jump out of, never mind that you are outside. The fact that she brightly meets your gaze, and smiles to show off far too many of her shiny, white teeth does not help. You don't recognize the other five, but two of them are men, and three are women. An even gender split, across the eight people.

"And so we begin." The attendant says, solemnly. "Secrets and treasure are to be found, if you are capable. If you fail, then you have only found loss. The game ends for you when you have left the mansion and grounds... through whatever means."

..... The last bit sounds like he's trying to be sinister. But coming off as just cheesy. Like he's reading lines off of a script, and not quite getting everything right.

He bows, and disappears, leaving the eight of you milling about uncertainly. One of the men approaches you and tugs you a little to the side, speaking softly.

"I don't think we've met." He says slowly. "But I think it might behoove us to form a little... temporary partnership, if you catch my meaning. I've something of a bad feeling about this place, and it might be best to have two heads to come at things with."

"And you are?" You ask.

"Call me Jack." He replies. "But what say you, eh? We can discuss dividing whatever we find once we're clear of this place, for now it'll just be easier to make sure we [i]do
find things and get clear with two. I'd say three might be better... but to be honest, that would be dividing things a little too much, don't you think?"

You pause to consider this, and take in a... sort of moaning noise, from somewhere near. It's definitely creepy. But as to partnering up with someone, you could really go either way.

---

??:??

Competitors:
You
Chad
Jack
???
Serah
???
???
???

Inventory: Empty.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 40338
Hmm, not voting yet, but I wonder how 'lucky' Jack is.
>> No. 40340
[x] Accept the partnership.
-[x] Of course, if you have the chance and if it's advantageous, you can always rethink this temporary mutual help.
>> No. 40342
Damn, now I'm looking forward to hearing from Serah.

I'd recommend accepting, and also talking to Chad. We know him in Real Life (tm), making him a little more legitimate than the others.

[x] Accept the partnership.
-[x] Extend the offer of partnership to Chad
>> No. 40343
>>40342
One more thing,

[x] Get to know all the other competitors
>> No. 40344
[x] Accept the partnership.
>> No. 40346
[x] You'd be happy to partner up, but there's somebody you'd like to check with regarding partnership.
[x] Go see if Chad wants to be a partner.
[x] Whoever you end up partnering with, make sure treasure is carried equally and nobody spends too much time walking in front.
[x] May as well have everybody introduce themselves while they're all together.
[x] Examine Serah's appearance - did she end up getting that beauty?
[x] Free advice for Jack/Chad: watch out for Serah, she's ruthless.

I'm not sure I trust Jack. It's quite possible he's planning something. I trust Chad a bit more than him. Also, a three-person team may be wise, since it's a lot harder to betray two people.

Of course, that's pretty much all speculaton.

Serah examinations are to tell us how likely she is to try for our heart.
>> No. 40347
File 133099078021.png - (410.86KB , 850x492 , Welp.png ) [iqdb]
40347
You don't see any reason why you shouldn't agree, to be honest, since this place does seem to be kind of creepy. You wouldn't mind having someone available to keep an eye out on your blind spots.

And when you don't need him any more, if he trusts you to watch his back, then slipping a knife in would be.... huh? No, that's just strange. Even if you only get two tickets out of this, you're still coming out ahead, so jumping right to the thought of betrayal, right from the start, is a little... You shake your head, just a bit, to clear it from a sudden soft fog.

"Yes, that should work out fine." You say. You start to look past, to Chad... he's already started moving, you only just catch him walking out into the mist... to the east, if facing the mansion puts you northward... while the rest of the competitors mill about uncertainly for the moment.

"Right-o, partners it is then. Just a moment, want to see if I can't...." Jack slides a long pin out of his sleeve, pokes it gently into the lock holding the chains of the gate together... and then yelps slightly and draws his hand back, putting his fingertips in his mouth as he steps away.

"... Blast." He says, as the sting fades. "Might as well be electrified... there'll be no short-cuts there, I'm sure. Looks like the proper key is the only way to get that undone."

He pauses to peer up at the top of the fence, and frown.

"... Don't like the looks of those spikes and the top bar." He says, thoughtfully. "I'd lay money on them being filed to razor edges. Don't think I can climb over that, myself. You?"

"I... don't think I could manage that, no." You admit, thoughts uncomfortably filled with the unusually gruesome imaginings of what could happen to you if you tried.

"Fair enough. Key it is, if we're intended to get out through here." Jack says. "Lock looks to be plated with a bit of gold. I'd guess that the key that'll open it looks the... same."

He's slowed down and stopped talking, as you peer past him. At the edge of your vision, to the side and past the fence, a shambling figure has stumbled slowly into view. As it comes closer, details come clear: it's clothes, such as they are, are matted with blood. It's missing an arm, and one of its legs is clearly broken, but it doesn't seem to feel the pain as it limps onward. The slight stench of rotting meat has begun to hang in the air.

"... Well." Jack says, softly. "There's a thing. So yes, Gold key would probably get us past this... provided we wanted to, in any case. Personally, I'm suddenly thinking there's probably an alternate means of egress somewhere within, if you take my meaning."

"Let's take a few steps back." You suggest. "Pretend we didn't see... that. Have a nice chat with the other players."

"That. Is an excellent plan." Jack agrees softly, still keeping his voice down as he backs away from the gate.

Neither of you actually turn around until the figure is faded back into the mist past the gate, and you feel you can relax again. When you do turn, it's to see that Serah and the remaining male member have absconded, likely indoors, given the sudden wide-open nature of the entry. The three remaining ladies are, on the other hand, still present, although it looks like Chad either came and went while you weren't looking, or he is making his way around the entire mansion, scanning the whole grounds before he goes in.

"Ladies." Jack begins, charmingly as he can manage. "I don't believe we've been introduced. Jack Racker... the pleasure is all mine."

"I'm married, dear, so I'm afraid not." A smiling... housewife, you suppose, is the best description for her, black hair tinted only by the occasional strand of grey. The girls, younger, set to tittering as Jack blinks.

"I... can assure you, that really wasn't the meaning I'd intended." Jack says.

"To be sure. Rebecca is my name, dearie. I run a little playground where people who's lease doesn't allow pets can come, have a bracing cup of tea, and just relax for a while with my little sweeties."

"Ah, I might have to see how you brew someday, miss." Jack says, thoughtfully. "For myself, I run a little... well, a test of fortune, shall we call it? Of the challenger against my own."

Rebecca frowns and sniffs.

"I'm afraid I don't approve of gambling, Mister Racker." She says. "Or strong drink, as it happens."

"I'm sure, miss. There'll always be those that are eager to throw their money at the chance of getting more, though, never mind the odds against it. And yourselves, ladies?"

"I'm Janet. I'm starting a pet-store, actually." The younger, brunette says.

"Like, really? Me too! That's, like, such a coincidence!" The blonde pipes in. "Oh, and I'm Elaine. Nice to meet you!"

"John." You say, then grudgingly continue on with "I'm starting a cafe, using yukkuri as waitresses."

"Like, wow. That sounds like such a pain." Elaine says, blinking.

"Hm... it was a pleasure to introduce ourselves all around, except for those who have wandered off." Rebecca says, thoughtfully. "But I think we should probably toddle along, dearies, before the rest pull too far ahead in this lovely little scavenger hunt."

---

??:??

Competitors:

You
Jack

Chad
???
Serah
Rebecca
Elaine
Janet

Inventory: Empty

Notes:
-Fence Gate bears a Gold Lock
-Locks cannot be picked
-You cannot climb the Fence without a near certainty of Grievous Bodily Harm
-There is something, possibly many somethings, that at least share a passing similarity with Zombies between the Fence and Wall.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 40348
Great. We got fucking zombies. So many zombies.

Alright, So by horror movie logic, The black guy dies first, Then the like, totally hot chick, whos like totally fashionable, like oh my god. Then the old one, and then the player...

So we can safely assume the last person is a black guy.
>> No. 40349
[x] Warn them about what you've just saw. Anyone is welcome to come along, even if just to be used as a meatshield.
[x] Take a look around first. Maybe you can find something outside before going in.
>> No. 40350
Yup, thought so, Jack is our biggest competitor, 'Lucky' Jack
>> No. 40351
>>40350
Really, Jack is everyone's greatest competitor. They're all in the same competition.

I'm also against bringing on any more people. Equally important to surviving is getting money and prizes, part of the reason why we're teaming up with Jack. After all, Jack said, "I'd say three might be better... but to be honest, that would be dividing things a little too much, don't you think?"

On the other hand, Jack did say potentially three people.

[x] Warn them about what you've just saw.
[x] Take a look around first. Maybe you can find something outside before going in.
>> No. 40352
[x] Warn them about what you've just saw. Anyone is welcome to come along, even if just to be used as a meatshield.
-[x] Always use common sense.
-[x] Never venture alone.
--[x] addendum: trying to get 'sexy time' in this situation will get you killed, no exception.
-[x] Always be in shouting distance of everyone else.
-[x] Always tell where you are going.
-[x] If venturing in unkown corridors/rooms, always keep the door open, if a door suddendly locks prepare yourself.
--[x] If there's something chasing after you, then close the door anyway.
-[x] Tests where you must sacrifice a partner always have a clever workaround meant as a test of character.
[x] Take a look around first. Maybe you can find something outside before going in.
[x] Warn Jack about your "ex", he should know haw manipulative/dangerous that girl is.

Maybe I watch too many horror movies, still I think this will save my life someday.
>> No. 40353
File 133101656782.png - (838.71KB , 1556x1113 , Exterior.png ) [iqdb]
40353
"Anyway... it's dangerous out here." You say simply. "There's this horrible, rotting and shambling thing we just saw on the other side of the fence... it might be safer to stick together."

"Like, you seriously think that's going to work?" Elaine says, giggling. "Oh no, the bad creepy thingy is outside of the fence, but don't worry, you can come with us strong men-folk~ Soooorry." She continues, teasingly. "But I came to, like, win prizes, not to get dates. Bye!"

Before you can speak up again, she's darted off into the Mansion.

"... Urgh."

"If you're serious." Janet says, sighing. "And there is something out there. Then I can't really leave her alone, right? Besides, if it's out there, then isn't the safest place from it going to be inside? Sorry, I've got to go, too." She says, quickly following the other girl's lead.

"Wai-... ugh. That's not all of it. They didn't even let me finish." You grumble.

"Is there something important you need to say, dear?" Rebecca asks, thoughtfully.

"One of the other contestants... I know her." You explain. "She's... dangerous. I don't really want to go into all of it, but... don't turn your back on her. Don't trust her."

"Well, that warning worked out well, didn't it." Jack notes, as Rebecca 'hum's thoughtfully.

"... Well, I suppose you could only expect the Demon Queen to build risks into her games." She says. "Though I'll have to see these things myself, of course. Well, a walk around the grounds does no harm, and there's a chance of something being hidden in a sparrow's nest."

That's... somewhat close to what you were thinking of, anyway. At least the housewife isn't going to be running off, it seems.

"Hey. Heeey. What are you doing?" Jack hisses softly as you go. "I thought I said it before, three-way split is a bit much, right?"

"Maybe. But if we get ripped apart and eaten by horror movie freakshows, it's nothing divided two ways. And we'll be ripped apart and eaten." You point out.

"Bah, fine, have the woman along then." Jack says, though he doesn't actually disagree with you.

You keep an eye out, looking at the trees and landscape, counting and judging... none are on the right side of the fence to climb up and drop over, sadly, though many don't really look like they'd hold your weight. You count ground-floor windows as you go, trying to look more inwards than outwards. Two windows along the south face of the wall. Three along the west. Three along the north. Two on the east.... you realize you've been walking alone for a bit, and hurriedly rush back.

"What the hell, you couldn't call me or something instead of letting me walk off on my own?" You ask Jack, as Rebecca peers up into a tree and prods at the dead leaves with a long, thin twig from the ground.

"Eh... sorry. Got distracted by... well." Jack says, waving at the fence.

Beyond it, one of the.... for lack of a better word, you'll just go ahead and call them zombies. One of them has gotten itself tangled up in the branches of a pair of trees set close together, and its struggles haven't broken it free yet.

"... And? I can see... at least another four, through the fog, and there's more of them to go. Lots more. I noticed a couple of dogs out there like that too, I think." You point out.

"Look close... you see?" Jack says, pointing a bit more specifically. "There's something in her breast pocket, there."

"... Alright." You admit. "So? Are you going to get it?"

"What, are you daft?" Jack says, scoffing. "Stick my arm out through the bars toward that? No, I'm thinking I'd rather not. Could be it's a bit of note-paper, you can only see just the corner, and it'd have been folded up."

"Might be a Ticket too, or something. Looks about right for it." You point out. "Besides, it's all caught up in the trees. Stuck."

"Yeeeess. It is. Now." Jack says, frowning dubiously. ".... If it's all the same, I still don't think I'll be setting my fingers out in biting range. You're welcome to try for it yourself."

You frown at the struggling zombie, thinking. Judging if the effort is worth it. You don't think you've noticed oddities about the others, and it doesn't look like it's going to break loose anytime quickly. If it does, though, then your arm would be right there. And again, if you left it, and it got loose while you were away, it'd probably be impossible to get at that pocket again without actually going out and trying to go through every single one of... probably impossible to get at it again.

You're not sure it looks quite right to be a ticket, anyway. You'll have to weigh risk against reward, here. Before you go sticking your hand out through fenceposts, or anything like that.

---

??:??

Competitors

You-Jack (Partners)
Rebecca- Tagging along, for now?

Chad
???
Serah
Elaine
Janet

Inventory: Empty

Notes:
-Fence Gate bears a Gold Lock
-Locks cannot be picked
-You cannot climb the Fence without a near certainty of Grievous Bodily Harm
-There is something, possibly many somethings, that at least share a passing similarity with Zombies between the Fence and Wall.
-You've counted ten windows on the ground floor, from the outside.
-There's.... something in that pocket, there.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 40354
[x] Head inside.
[x] Five people is a bit too much to be going around permanently with.
-[x] But see if Rebecca wishes to join the team.
[x] Common sense applies, of course.
-[x] Keep an eye out for some sticklike object to test for traps.

While I can get behind the reasoning for the big list of horror movie rules, most of it is common sense when a dangerous situation is expected. The part about loopholes is assumption, as well.

I'm not really getting much of an aura of usefulness from blonde pet lady.
>> No. 40355
[x]Grab a stick from one of the trees nearby, use it to get the paper without sticking your hand through the bars like a chump
[x] Head inside.
[x] Common sense applies, of course.

Macgyver, everyone. In all seriousness, the entire purpose of this is to get stuff. That means taking reasonable risks.

Also, try to come up with a better method for getting it.
>> No. 40356
[x] Get Jack to hold back the zombies face with a stick
[x[ Stick out your arm and grab the ticket
>> No. 40357
Looks like I voted late.
[x]>>40356
[x] Get branches for everybody else, if it won't take too long.
[x] Finish the circuit and head inside. Keep a minor eye out for any loose fenceposts that might be able to be wrenched free as weapons. But don't slow down looking for them look for them to the point you slow down.

Anything you can put between you and a zombie's jaws is nice to have.

Rebecca might not contribute anything useful to the team due to being old and a housewife. We may need to be prepared to kick her out. On the other hand, she is the most likely person to get eaten.

On the bright side, I just realized that we can track Jack down in realspace if he screws us over. And he probably knows that too.
>> No. 40358
[x]>>40356
[x] Get branches for everybody else, if it won't take too long.
[x] Finish the circuit and head inside. Keep a minor eye out for any loose fenceposts that might be able to be wrenched free as weapons. But don't slow down looking for them.
>> No. 40359
[x] Get Jack to hold back the zombies face with a stick
[x] Stick out your arm and grab the ticket. Be careful!
[x] Use a stick or something similar, in case the paper falls to the ground.
[x] Head inside.
>> No. 40362
New thread: >>40360