[Return]
Archived Thread

File 132790150465.jpg - (91.76KB , 480x640 , 5999a5784f2eb06582cf5358f09add974f4261a5.jpg ) [iqdb]
39498 No. 39498
You took a few moments to pass by some dumpsters and backdoor trash cans of eateries and food stores, but Chen didn't find much. The best she'd noticed was a very old, faint trace of scent which led to a bit of paste smeared against a wall, and didn't lead away from there. In short, nothing had been found, though again, you hadn't really expected to find anything yet.

.... In any case, you should probably be sure to show up a little earlier than specified. Not too much earlier, though. Frank already mentioned that the man likely wouldn't be awake until around that time. The yukkuri could end up being born earlier, though. Well, either way, you doubt that any deal you could make would be that much better, even if you caught the man awake before they were born. After, of course, attempting to change the deal in light of new information could be frowned upon.

"I'm sorry about that... but it was either the bathroom, or doing things the normal way." You say, catching another of Chen's mumblings.

She shudders heavily at the thought, and you enter the apartment.

As expected, Hatate and the crib-yukkuri are well apart from each other. But you've already determined that the mutual distaste is from a sort of territorial matter. Keeping distance between themselves is probably the most you can expect, as you doubt they'll immediately be friendly.

Marisa was more hostile when Hatate was paying attention to them. Probably a show of defense, indicating that she was ready to fight back if Hatate picked a fight with them. Reimu got more worried and hostile when Hatate backed off from direct confrontation, probably suspicious of her planning something. Or possibly vexed about being dismissed as a threat, if she had interpreted things that way.

Either way, probably normal behaviour between two wild yukurri families. You guess that they're in some level of competition for food, in wilderness territories, and given that they are food, there's probably no few cases of one yukkuri taking over another's area and eating it, before setting into the food that can be found there.

You guess that while Marisa was able to accept the introduction of Chen, Tenshi, and Alice, soon after being traumatized, and Reimu was willing to follow in her lead then... Hatate was a different story, now that they'd started to get really settled in and consider the apartment to be part of their territory, despite that they were confined to a small part of it. They considered Hatate a legitimate threat to their safety and food supply, in that light.

You can force them to live in the same apartment, and have, since there's not really anything they can do about it. But you aren't really going to be able to force them to like each other, right off the bat. Well, you guess it doesn't matter too much, anyway.

"How's teaching going?" You ask.

"Babies are learning well." Tenshi chimes in, then pauses. "Reimu and Marisa... are not learning so well. Alice is a little upset that they won't listen as properly as the babies."

"Is that so? I guess they're slow learners, huh... well, we'll see how things go from here." You decide, shaking your head.

Frank's been playing around with the laptop, you see. He's typing rapidly....

"Instant-message programs, for inside the City." He explains, before you can ask. "Hold on a second...."

He keeps typing for a couple minutes, then sets the laptop aside and stands.

"Alright. I've got something to do in a bit, so I'll be heading out again." He says. "I'll have something to eat first. Think I saw stew in the fridge?"

"Eat what you want." You say, waving him off as you set in for some more research.

... The Reimu's dead, empty and blank eyes seem to be a common enough aftereffect of mental trauma. It seems like you're pretty lucky it didn't just die outright or go completely nuts, though, since those are more likely to happen when put under such stress. It looks like this one was actually pretty mentally strong. Before this, anyway. It's kind of like a broken doll now, though, with no real willpower of its own left. Still sitting where you left it, not having had the inclination yet to move. Seems like it'll follow any order you give it, now, like Shangai, though there's some small chance of it coming back a little closer to normal at some point. Still heavily mentally scarred, of course, but a lot better.

As to the Hatate's apparently heavily insomniac features, that just seems to be fairly natural to the type, to some degree. Seems like it varies from 'barely noticable' to 'looks like a corpse' in intensity. Or like a kid that got into its mother's eyeliner and didn't know where to stop.

You switch over to more intensive study of Suika. Their horns don't quite seem to stick out directly to the sides of their heads, but at a slight angle, but they're usually about long enough to effectively triple their head's width.... long horns. In other words, they can still pass through doors relatively easily when they hit adults, but if they get too much larger than that, they would start being a hindrance to living inside, and they would have to start hopping sideways to pass through doors, and other such things. Much bigger than that, and it would start being a real problem. But once they hit adulthood, yukkuri growth rate slows down pretty dramatically anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem inside the bounds of the contest.

With their physical toughness, though, superior to Tenshi even, and enough that most dogs can't bite through them.... supposedly, they seem to be much more suited towards living outside than other yukkuri, anyway. Probably as long as they have a place with a roof to keep the rain off, like a porch or something, they'd be fine as yard-pets.

As for troublesome personality flaws and habits... looks like they tend to be fairly mellow, despite acting or being drunk all of the time. They do have a habit of picking fights though, it seems, and are quick to respond physically to offenses if you rile them.

Frank wandered out a bit ago, you guess. Not here any more, anyway. ... That 'City Messenger' icon is a new and interesting thing on the screen, though. You could probably think of a few more things to do. Numbers to call, and... actually, you guess it might be a little late for most people, by this time today.

You're sure there's things you can fill the time with, though. Or get to bed early and have an early start at it tomorrow morning.

---

7:00 PM

[ ] What do you do?

>> No. 39499
[x] Call the former ice cream parlor owner and ask about his rates - he might have a day job and be unavailable during work hours.
-[x] Don't make a commitment to rent right away - this is a fact-finding call and nothing has been decided.
-[x] If pressed on the matter of rates, mention willingness for a price somewhere between that the city center location and the one in the suburbs.
-[x] If pressed about when, mention a time after the current litter of yukkuri have grown up.
[x] Brainstorm names and logos for the cafe.
[x] Research the possibility of selling mugs, T-shirts and similar merchandise with the business logo, perhaps something to do with our Shanghai.

We should seriously start training the bodied yukkuri to be waitresses once Alice finishes birthing the next litter - we have until the current litter matures but we've made little progress thus far. We should also go ask our suppliers about prices tomorrow so that we can run some pricing calculations. Visiting some cafes to look up competitor prices would also be a good idea.
>> No. 39500
[x] Talk to Marisa about having her babies learn better.
-[x] Use abuse videos if you have to.
-[x] If there's a good opportunity, also mention how Hatate is not an enemy and it'd be nice if they all got along, etc.
[x] Research possible display yukkurariums.
[x] Open CM and examine any interesting channels.

I guess we could use a hamster cage or aquarium to hold our koyukkurris, but there might be some superior purpose-built stuff.
>> No. 39502
[x] Call the former ice cream parlor owner and ask about his rates - he might have a day job and be unavailable during work hours.
-[x] Don't make a commitment to rent right away - this is a fact-finding call and nothing has been decided.
-[x] If pressed on the matter of rates, mention willingness for a price somewhere between that the city center location and the one in the suburbs.
-[x] If pressed about when, mention a time after the current litter of yukkuri have grown up.
[x] Brainstorm names and logos for the cafe, perhaps something to do with our Shanghai.
[x] Talk to Marisa about having her babies learn better.
-[x] Use abuse videos if you have to.
-[x] If there's a good opportunity, also mention how Hatate is not an enemy and it'd be nice if they all got along, etc.
[x] Research possible display yukkurariums.
[x] Open CM and examine any interesting channels.

I like Cafe Shanghai, or something similar, for our name. I don't know if we should immediately sell mugs, though.
>> No. 39507
>>39502
Not immediately, no - we'll need to build up our brand before doing that, but there isn't much else that we can do at the moment that's related to the business. Unless one of us wants to draw up a budget or something.

>>39500
I really don't think making them watch abuse videos is a good idea.
>> No. 39509
[x] Call the former ice cream parlor owner and ask about his rates - he might have a day job and be unavailable during work hours.
-[x] Don't make a commitment to rent right away - this is a fact-finding call and nothing has been decided.
-[x] If pressed on the matter of rates, mention willingness for a price somewhere between that the city center location and the one in the suburbs.
-[x] If pressed about when, mention a time after the current litter of yukkuri have grown up.
[x] Brainstorm names and logos for the cafe, perhaps something to do with our Shanghai.
[x] Talk to Marisa about having her babies learn better.
-[x] If there's a good opportunity, also mention how Hatate is not an enemy and it'd be nice if they all got along, etc.
[x] Research possible display yukkurariums.
[x] Open CM and examine any interesting channels.

Let's keep the abuse videos as discipline for the shitheads (That's the term, right?), we don't need to break all the yukkuri for little to no reason.
>> No. 39510
>>39507
>>39509
I meant to show the parent Marisa abuse videos if it's reluctant to tell its kids to learn better. I can see how there's room for interpretation, though.

Also, yeah, shitheads is the correct term.
>> No. 39511
>>39510
Honestly, you'd get better results if you just applied corporal punishment to the baby yukkuri directly. They're not listening? Flick 'em on the head - hard enough to hurt and maybe leave a mark, but not hard enough to cause lasting damage. If they object, repeat and maybe toss in a few moments where you roll them around like a ball until they smarten up.

In contrast, putting pressure on the parents isn't going to be as helpful - the parents in this case are smart enough to listen and understand exactly why they should do as you ask. But most baby yukkuri tend to be stupid and selfish enough that there's no guarantee that they'll listen to their parents.
>> No. 39512
>>39502

Yu Cafe
Cafe 4 Yu
Moeblob Cafe
Cafe it easy
Coffee it easy
Easy Cafe
Refreshing Cafe
City Sect Cafe

Just a few that comes to mind.
>> No. 39513
File 132796477819.jpg - (14.30KB , 251x201 , images.jpg ) [iqdb]
39513
>>39512
Those are good names, specially Refreshing Cafe (The best after-sex blend!) but I'll vote for City Sect Cafe if the choice arises. It has its charm.
>> No. 39514
>>39512
Some of these aren't bad and I smiled at a couple, though the Refreshing Cafe is probably not a good name - I don't think associating the cafe with yukkuri sex and poop is a good idea. At the moment, I like Cafe 4 Yu and Cafe Shanghai from an earlier poster the most.
>> No. 39515
>>39512
>City Sect Cafe

We could still use Shangai as the mascot. Put Alice with a Shangai on her shoulder on the logo and it will be perfect, specially considering that Alice is our most competent yukkuri.
>> No. 39516
>>39515
I prefer Cafe Shanghai to City Sect Cafe because I dislike Alices. It's a matter of personal opinion, don't worry too much about it. Though you might want to check if the City has ever experienced raper Alice swarms before choosing that name.
>> No. 39517
[x] Call the former ice cream parlor owner and ask about his rates - he might have a day job and be unavailable during work hours.
-[x] Don't make a commitment to rent right away - this is a fact-finding call and nothing has been decided.
-[x] If pressed on the matter of rates, mention willingness for a price somewhere between that the city center location and the one in the suburbs.
-[x] If pressed about when, mention a time after the current litter of yukkuri have grown up.
[x] Brainstorm names and logos for the cafe, perhaps something to do with our Shanghai.
[x] Talk to Marisa about having her babies learn better.
-[x] If there's a good opportunity, also mention how Hatate is not an enemy and it'd be nice if they all got along, etc.
[x] Research possible display yukkurariums.
[x] Open CM and examine any interesting channels.

I'll vote for Cafe Shanghai, personally. Although it made me laugh, I don't think Moeblob Cafe would be the best.
>> No. 39518
Moeblob Cafe actually made me laugh, too bad it would be misleading.

Cafe Shanghai seems like a pretty good option.
I like City-Sect Cafe, but maybe the Alice reference is a bad idea.
"Cafe con Calma" it's the only spanish-yukkuri pun that makes sense to me, but it would be really unlikely for anyone in-story to understand "Yukkuri Shiteitte Ne = Tomalo con Calma"
>> No. 39528
File 13280569677.jpg - (154.92KB , 1024x768 , 2906ae1b14d960dc0884f37ce64e2bb1c5eed7bf.jpg ) [iqdb]
39528
.... Well, maybe it's not too late, though. And people that have to work might be more difficult to get ahold of in the day, actually. You check the number and call the person.

"Hello. Are you the owner of the old ice-cream place by the park?" You ask. You're almost certain he is, but better to be sure.

"I own the building, if that's what you mean, lad." A gruff voice came through. "Left running the place to the fellow renting it, so long as he kept paying the rent on time. Of course, he fell through."

"I've heard. But anyway, I wanted to ask about rent rates." You say.

"Ah... normally, lad, I'd be charging you three hundred on the first of every week." The gruff voice says.

You must have made some sort of noise of dismay at the sum, combined with some swift mental arithmetic, because the man on the other end chuckles.

"Of course, your old man is a regular bowling partner of mine. It's no trouble to cut his kid a little discount. I'll drop the rate to two fifty a week, just because it's you asking." He says.

"That's, um. That's good to hear." You say. "I still have some other places to look into, but... and I have to talk with my partner after, to discuss locations, but I'll definitely call you back after that to let you know what I've decided."

"You do that, kid." The voice says, and you can almost hear the man on the other end puffing out a cloud of tobacco smoke, very similar to how your father does. "Don't take too long, of course. If someone comes up willing to pay the full rate, son of a friend or not, I'll have to give them precedence over you. Just business."

You're not sure that anyone will make an offer like that, but it's a reasonable precaution. You'd probably say much the same, you reflect, even as the line goes dead. 250M a week is... still a bit much, though. That's a full thousand, almost every thirty days. Twice as much as the area in the center of the city. Sure, it's an excellent location, probably better than that one, even, and there's much more room involved, so it's likely that you can afford it once sales get going, especially if the ice-cream vendor managed with three hundred a week, but even so....

Well, your father did warn you that it would probably be pricy. You'll definitely have to think on it. Probably talk to Frank, too. In the meanwhile, though, you want to turn your mind to other things. Names and logos. Recognition is important.

Since Shanghai will be intended as something of a mascot, you think that featuring her in the name, logo, or both would probably be a good move. "Shanghai Teahouse" is the first thing that jumps to mind, for whatever reason. ... Not entirely fitting, of course, since the plan is to market coffee blends. 'Shanghai Cafe' just doesn't have... you don't know, quite the same ring to it, maybe. Maybe something subtly advertising the whole yukkuri aspect.

Anything with 'Yu' or 'Easy' in the name is probably not the best call that could be made... 'City Sect Cafe' sounds simple and nice, but... well, there are connotations, there. Brings to mind thoughts of particularly piggish Alice-blobs, with beady little eyes, declaring how 'City Sect' something is as they grind against it and drool. 'Refreshing Cafe' would, again, be a nice-sounding choice. Refreshments after a hard day, of work or pla-ay.... yeah, even a little jingle. Except that you're perfectly well aware that 'Refreshing' is yukkuri-speak for 'Sex'. You're not sure which might be worse: people picking up on the sort of innuendo involved there, or stray yukkuri doing the same. Assuming any of them can read. But still, advertising yourself as 'Sex Cafe' would have... problems, to say the least. And this is entirely aside from the fact that they sometimes say that after they shit, which is in every possible way an even worse prospect for misinterpretations.

Leaving aside names, you think about a logo, instead. Shanghai should probably be included in one, if not the other. So... a stylized Shanghai, maybe. Facing forward, arms outstretched.... like she was getting ready to hug the viewer. Yeah, that would be pretty good. Put it in a.... circle, and write the name around-no, dammit, you just plagiarized a more widespread coffee-chain in the real world. There's probably not going to be any legal issues, since there's no way they should be able to hear about it, much less get here if they did, but still, it's something you'd like to avoid.

You'll think about it later. For now....

"Marisa. I hear there's been some problems with teaching?"

She shrinks back, now that she's suddenly being challenged, suddenly wary of mis-stepping. She at least has dim recollections of the videos, then.

"N-no! There's no mister trouble! Marisa listens easily to the uneasy things uneasy yukkuri says!" She stammers.

"Is that the case? You should know, though, that Alice is just doing this for your own good." You point out. "Teaching you all how to get along with humans better-"

"Ah, mister!" One of the little ones pipes up, having just noticed your presence. "Feed Marisa!"

"You just ate a little ago." You say, even as Marisa shushes the child. Looks like it's one of the ones Reimu birthed.

"Wasn't enough. Wasn't nearly enough." It insists, petulantly, even as the elder Marisa tries again to quiet her. "Marisa is hungry. Marisa needs more! Lots is fine! Bring more food out!"

A chorus of agreement starts up among the children, only to come to a startled halt as you frown darkly down at them, and the elder Marisa puffs outward in her own attempt to keep them in line. They squeal, and there's some tumbling before things quiet down into an unhappy silence.

"... Trying, but clearly not succeeding at teaching you all how not to aggravate humans." You continue. "Really, you should mind her better."

"Babies don't understand why.And babies don't like the weirdo Alice much." Marisa said quickly, clearly only just keeping herself from declaring that she didn't really get it, or particularly like Alice either, for that matter.

"Well... just keep them in line. It would be a shame if they didn't learn this, and got themself in trouble because of it." You say. "Aside from that... I'd like it if you tried to be a little nicer to Hatate."

"Yu?" Marisa said, startled.

"You're not enemies, after all."

"Of course Hatate is! Stupid Hatate is a strange yukkuri! Stupid Hatate has no reason to be in Marisa and Reimu's easy place!" Marisa declares obstinately, clearly feeling strongly enough about this that her wariness of you has faded in light of the subject.

"You're mistaken. This is my place. I just let you live here, like I let Hatate live here." You correct, sternly.

Marisa shrinks back from your tone. Reimu seems to disapprove of what you're saying as well, but after you turn your gaze her way, she very quickly and deliberately starts minding her own business.

"Ngh.... why?" Marisa complains sourly. "Why did Mister bring in... stupid, floaty Hatate?"

"I felt like it." You say, tolerating no objection on this. "You don't have a say."

"But, Hatate is a strange yukkuri, a-and..." Marisa trails off as your frown returns. ".... Ngh. Marisa doesn't like Hatate. Why did Mister find Hatate?"

"I just said why." You say, not sure you're getting through with her.

Marisa's face is screwed up in thought, though. A clear exertation of mental effort. .... Maybe she's putting things together? Well, you aren't holding out hope, but if it means she might get along a little better with Hatate, then you'll hold back a bit and wait for her to finish cogitating. A sudden surprised look crosses her face, and things seem to click.

"Mister is refreshing with Hatate!" She accuses. "And that's why mister brought the weird yukkuri into the easy place!"

"Nghk..." You manage, biting off the strangled noise, not entirely sure how she leapt to that conclusion. Mostly.

.... Surely she hadn't been aware of things this whole time? You're pretty sure that you kept things quiet enough that she shouldn't have picked up on anything done through a closed door.

"That isn't the case..." You wheeze. "I haven't."

"Yu?" Marisa says, surprised, and then thoughtful. "... but then why did Mister bring the dummy yukkuri?"

"I already told you, don't worry about it, it doesn't matter anyway, and I have more important things to do than argue with you. Just try to get along."

A sullen look crosses Marisa's face, but you're suddenly unwilling to press things, for worry that accusations might start hitting even closer to home. You still don't think that they'll be doing much more than tolerating each other's presence, at best...

Oh well. Research time. There's nothing specifically for a yukkuri-habitat, but just using a normal acquarium or small tank for displaying yukkuri would... hm. These are actually pretty pricy. You could get a small enclosure, including both the tank and stand, and stuff to make it seem like it was a patch ouf outdoors, and total it up for... about 50M. It would contain two, or possibly three, adult-size yukkuri at best. Probably a fair deal more, if you're putting younger ones out on display. Six to eight little ones. They won't stay little for terribly long, though, so it's probably best to focus on adult-sized containment.

Or you could get one of these big ones. Just the tank is two hundred, though, and another fifty to make it suitable... yeesh. It'll run you about two hundred fifty. And it seems like it'll be a much bigger pain to keep clean, and all. It'll eat up a lot of room that could be used for tables, too... At least two fewer tables, if you set one of these up, you think. But on the plus side, it'll hold a lot more yukkuri. A full dozen adults, you estimate.... might be a little cramped, though. It could be better to leave it as a display of ten.

You don't see that there's anything specifically designed to be set in a window, though you could probably set either up against one to get attention from passersby.

Well, either way, it's probably money that you don't have to immediately spend. It could be an attraction, though. But with that done, you glance into the City Messenger thing.

... It looks like there's a registration of some sort, to set up a username. It'll set up an e-mail address for you at 'CityMail.Mail' if you don't already have one, too. You aren't a huge computer user, so you don't, and that feature saves you a little hassle at least. You just put your e-mail address as to 'Johnn'. The extra 'n' was an accident, but it looks like it accepted it, and you aren't sure how to change it.... so you don't bother. It'll do. When it asks you for a username, you just put in 'John' again, along with a password.

To the meat of things, it looks like there's a personal chat.... relay, thing. Where you can type conversations one on one with a given person you know without entering any of the.... chatting areas. There's a lot of those, but it looks like your past internet usage has thrown up a few 'suggested' ones. Or someone's past usage did, anyway. You seem to be limited to 'public' areas, unless you're invited to 'private' ones.

You stare for a moment at '#PartyInMyPants', and the summarizing description below 'And everyone's invited'.... You decide almost immediately that you probably won't be bothering with this particular public area. Also, you think you'll be questioning Frank on just what exactly he does with this when you're out. Other, similar areas are quietly ignored.

There are several businessy-looking areas, though most are marked as 'private', so there's no point in bothering with them just now.... But there is.... huh. Someone set up an area titled '#YuBizness', apparently to discuss the Demon Queen's current amusement. Confirmed with the summary. You're pretty sure that if you go here, you'll have to be careful what you say.

A '#Mafia' almost immediately strikes your eyes after that. .... You're pretty sure that this can't actually be Frida's Mafia, though. Almost definitely. They wouldn't seriously advertise themselves like this through a public chatroom, after all.

'#FishFarm' looks like... something that twigged onto your recent looks around the internet, as some of these tanks were designed to be used as acquariums. So does '#RareFish'. They both look to be pretty unoccupied and deserted, glancing at the monitor set to display the average number of daily users, reading out at a steady 'One' on both.

'#YukkuriPlayroom' and '#Abyuse~' jump out next, as pretty much the only immediately relevant sort of thing left. The only other thing you see on a quick scan is '#CoffeeTalk', which is private anyway, for whatever reason.

It's a little later in the evening now, but you can probably stay up for a bit to poke around with these, or something else, if you think of something you want to look for in particular. You can probably find, if not exactly what you're looking for, something close.

---

8:55 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 39529
[x] Look up information about the inheritance of genetic characteristics by yukkuri.
-[x] What parts of their personality are genetic and which of their capabilities are genetic? Can a yukkuri's intelligence be improved if one of its parents belonged to one of the smarter breeds?
-[x] Look up yukkuri hybrids.

I can't really think of anything really productive to do other than plunging into the chats, but I'll leave that to others to pick. It's nice to see that the remaining Marisas and Reimus aren't all that scummy for yukkuri, either that or Marisa has had some success in educating them. Still, it's potentially concerning that it considers our apartment its easy place - it's a good thing that it does but we might want to keep an eye out for indications of territorial behavior on its part.
>> No. 39532
[x] /join #YukkuriPlayroom
-[x] If it is a channel for people who like yukkuris, see if you can find a good home for the buris once they're adult-sized. Seeing as you got them for free, pretty much any price is fine, and you might let them go for free if they're willing to pick them up at your apartment building.
-[x] If it is a channel for those who like yukkuri TOO MUCH, leave immediately and never look back.
[x] Go to bed.
-[x] The yukkuris sleep in their own beds from now on.

I'm assuming we did give them enough food and that Marisa was just being annoying, right?
>> No. 39533
>>39532
I think yukkuri might be naturally prone to eating until they're overweight due to their mostly lazy nature and poor judgment. We can check whether they're doing fine by looking at their physical condition every so often, if their skin isn't sagging in places from paste depletion and there isn't any other signs of malnutrition, they're probably fine. Come to think of it, we might need to arrange some kind of exercise for them - their current lifestyle cannot possibly be healthy for them. Perhaps a hamster wheel or even a toy ball of some sort for the babies?
>> No. 39534
[x] Look up information about the inheritance of genetic characteristics by yukkuri.
-[x] What parts of their personality are genetic and which of their capabilities are genetic? Can a yukkuri's intelligence be improved if one of its parents belonged to one of the smarter breeds?
-[x] Look up yukkuri hybrids.
>> No. 39535
[x] /join #YukkuriPlayroom
-[x] If it is a channel for people who like yukkuris, see if you can find a good home for the buris once they're adult-sized. Seeing as you got them for free, pretty much any price is fine, and you might let them go for free if they're willing to pick them up at your apartment building.
-[x] If it is a channel for those who like yukkuri TOO MUCH, leave immediately and never look back.
[x] Look up information about the inheritance of genetic characteristics by yukkuri.
-[x] Look up yukkuri hybrids.
[x] Go to bed.
-[x] The yukkuris sleep in their own beds from now on.

That Marisa might be onto something.
>> No. 39536
[x] /join #YukkuriPlayroom
-[x] If it is a channel for people who like yukkuris, see if you can find a good home for the buris once they're adult-sized. Seeing as you got them for free, pretty much any price is fine, and you might let them go for free if they're willing to pick them up at your apartment building.
-[x] If it is a channel for those who like yukkuri too much, leave immediately and never look back. Check out those fish channels instead.
[x] Look up information about the inheritance of characteristics by yukkuri.
[x] Go to bed.
-[x] The yukkuris sleep in their own beds from now on.

So wait, does the smaller aquarium take up any space?
>> No. 39537
[x] /join #YukkuriPlayroom
[x] Look up information about the inheritance of characteristics by yukkuri.
[x] Go to bed.

I don't see what the problem is with people liking yukkuri 'too much'. Not that John is one of them, but he certainly isn't far.
>> No. 39538
>>39537
It's like when you eat something like caviar. You dont ever want to know that its fish eggs. Just the thought of selling a yukkuri and knowing it's going to be used as a dick-sleeve is disgusting. Unless, of course, you like that kinda stuff
>> No. 39539
[x] /join #YukkuriPlayroom. See what it is about and if you can find something useful/likeable.
[x] Look up information about the inheritance of characteristics by yukkuri.
[x] Go to bed.

>>39538
>caviar/fish egg

What's so bad about it being fish egg? We eat chicken eggs with no problem, what's the difference? The only negative thing about caviar is it's horrible taste.

>Just the thought of selling a yukkuri and knowing it's going to be used as a dick-sleeve is disgusting.

No, it's profitable. We could make more money with that than food.

Also, there is only one guy who voted for that and keeps pushing for H-scenes at the wrong times. I, personally, believe he is just a troll trying to disgust everybody else as to never have another H-scene again.
>> No. 39540
>>39539
And you'd be wrong. I just really like yukkuri. Also, there have been others who voted with me.

[x] Go to bed with Alice and her kids.

Now I believe Alice said she wanted her kids to watch?
>> No. 39541
>>39539
>No, it's profitable. We could make more money with that than food.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with that. Not only is however much demand may exist probably already filled by the Factory, but a proper sex yukkuri needs to be correctly orientated (or abused until it's stopped complaining, which I don't think anybody here wants to do), trained for what is probably an appreciable period of time, and are gone once sold.

Using yukkuri to serve food or fill other roles in the cafe keeps them contributing to income, is not dependent on the orientation of the yukkuri in question, and does not compete with the Factory.

I will admit that we may someday wind up with too many yus, and then have to sell them, but selling them as pets would require no special training if basic decency was enforced among everybody, whereas sex training is pointless unless selling for sex and takes time that could be for waitress training.
>> No. 39543
[x] /join #YukkuriPlayroom
-[x] If it is a channel for people who like yukkuris, see if you can find a good home for the buris once they're adult-sized. Seeing as you got them for free, pretty much any price is fine, and you might let them go for free if they're willing to pick them up at your apartment building.
-[x] If it is a channel for those who like yukkuri too much, leave immediately and never look back. Check out those fish channels instead.
[x] Look up information about the inheritance of characteristics by yukkuri.
[x] Go to bed.
-[x] The yukkuris sleep in their own beds from now on.
>> No. 39544
>>39541
While I'm strongly opposed to the idea of selling yukkuri for purposes of sex (seriously, that kind of thing ruins reputations for fairly obvious reasons), we need to start looking into selling excess yukkuri as pets, now.

Keeping yukkuri around is only worthwhile if the utility that we get out of them is worth the cost of keeping them. The costs are fairly minor (the cost of a habitat and food and a little maintenance time and labor) but the utility that we can get out of most of them is likewise fairly minor considering diminishing returns on additional labor. We don't need all that many waitresses - even 8 is pushing it - and blob yukkuri are worthless except maybe as displays. We have almost 50 yukkuri and we're going to add more soon - we're already past the point of being crowded.
>> No. 39545
>>39544

Selling them as pets, sex slaves, and food are all viable market alternatives. Theoretically, we would only be making 1/3 of our maximum profit if we chose to limit ourselves to one single market.
>> No. 39547
>>39544
I suppose I agree with that, though obviously we should wait until training is complete.

Actually, a bunch of waitresses might be a good idea. My idea here is each one is assigned a table, and thus only needs to remember or record the orders.
>> No. 39548
>>39545
Assuming roughly equal prices, we would get around the same amount of money for focusing on one thing as for generalizing, because you can't sell a yukkuri multiple times.
>> No. 39549
>>39547
Fair enough, I suspect that 12 yukkuri to run a 12-table cafe might be fine depending on the cafe's services. You might want to train 1 yukkuri to run the kitchen functions, 2 yukkuri to clean up, 1 yukkuri to run the register, and then 8 yukkuri to be waitresses rather than training all 12 to be able to perform all of these functions. This way, you spend less time and less effort trying to compensate for their subhuman intelligence.
As for the other matter, we shouldn't sell until the yukkuri are matured and trained because that'll earn us less revenue. But there's nothing stopping us from starting to find buyers and contracting them now.


>>39545
I'm not sure where to begin to criticize this claim, but no. It's true that there are more potential customers if we tap into all three markets, but the products sold in each market has their own sale price and their own production costs. It is unreasonable to assume that you can sell the same number of units at the same price in all three markets.
It doesn't mean that I'm against selling in more than one market, but there simply no data indicating that this is a profitable course to pursue at the moment.

>>39548
Bad assumption - there's in-setting evidence that a food yu costs less to raise and earns less when sold than a pet yu. I suspect that the same is true for a food yu/sex yu comparison. Furthermore, the profit on each would be different because the production costs of each would be different.
>> No. 39550
[x] /join #YukkuriPlayroom. See what it is about and if you can find something useful/likeable.
[x] Look up information about the inheritance of characteristics by yukkuri.
[x] Go to bed.
-[x] No sexy hijinks this time! Only sweet/innocent sleeping tonight.

Don't be cruel guys. Sharing a bed is not necessarily fucking on a bed. There is space for sweet HNNNGG time.
>> No. 39551
>>39541
>Using yukkuri to serve food or fill other roles in the cafe keeps them contributing to income, is not dependent on the orientation of the yukkuri in question, and does not compete with the Factory.

I was thinking more of 'renting' them instead of 'selling'.

The excess blobs, I only think of using them as food, so that's why my assumption of sex-blobs bringing more income than food-blobs.
>> No. 39552
>>39550
I don't mind hugging a yukkuri while going to sleep, but you shouldn't do that with anything other than a Tenshi or a Suika. If we roll over the average yukkuri or even hug it too tightly, it could very well prove fatal.

>>39551
I'm against this - I cannot see us running a yukkuri brothel without coercion being involved and that kind of thing will seriously shred our reputation and social standing.
>> No. 39553
>>39550
Yeah, sharing a bed stopped being cute or innocent for me when Alice indicated her desire for our penis.

[x] /join #YukkuriPlayroom
-[x] If it is a channel for people who like yukkuris, see if you can find a good home for the buris once they're adult-sized. Seeing as you got them for free, pretty much any price is fine, and you might let them go for free if they're willing to pick them up at your apartment building.
-[x] If it is a channel for those who like yukkuri too much, leave immediately and never look back. Check out those fish channels instead.
[x] Look up information about the inheritance of characteristics by yukkuri.
[x] Go to bed.
-[x] The yukkuris sleep in their own beds from now on.
>> No. 39554
-[x] If it is a channel for those who like yukkuri too much, stay awhile and listen.
>> No. 39555
[x] /join #YukkuriPlayroom. See what it is about and if you can find something useful/likeable.
-[x] Doesn't matter if the people in are...enthusiastic. You can't say you're that far from, either.
[x] Look up information about the inheritance of characteristics by yukkuri.
[x] Go to bed.
-[x] No sexy hijinks this time! Only sweet/innocent sleeping tonight.

Nothing to worry about this time, no sir.
>> No. 39556
>>39554

Deckard Cain, is that you?
>> No. 39557
[x] /join #YukkuriPlayroom
-[x] If it is a channel for people who like yukkuris, see if you can find a good home for the buris once they're adult-sized. Seeing as you got them for free, pretty much any price is fine, and you might let them go for free if they're willing to pick them up at your apartment building.
-[x] If it is a channel for those who like yukkuri too much, leave immediately and never look back. Check out those fish channels instead.
[x] Look up information about the inheritance of characteristics by yukkuri.
[x] Consider Shanghai Coffeehouse as a name.
[x] Go to bed.
-[x] The yukkuris sleep in their own beds from now on.
>> No. 39559
[x] Look up information about the inheritance of characteristics by yukkuri.
[x] Look up those unintelligent yukkuris. Do they have a special name? And is there anything they're better at than regular yukkuri?
[x] /join #YukkuriPlayroom
-[x] If it is a channel for people who like yukkuris, see if you can find a good home for the buris once they're adult-sized. Seeing as you got them for free, pretty much any price is fine, and you might let them go for free if they're willing to pick them up at your apartment building.
--[x] It's okay to sell them separately.
--[x] Lurk a bit so you'll know if, for example, you'll get people mad at you for having scared the mother during pregnancy. It may be advantageous to say the stalk was like that when you took it in, if that's the case.
-[x] If it is a channel for those who like yukkuri too much, leave immediately and never look back. Check out those fish channels instead.
[x] Go to bed.
-[x] The yukkuris sleep in their own beds from now on.

Unless I'm mistaken, John does not know that these things are called buris. And there's gotta be something they're useful for other than possibly not complaining as much as a normal yukkuri.

By the way, there is a very small chance that this might be a YLF chatroom, so it may be best to lurk and bend the truth if we think we need to.
>> No. 39560
>>39559
Uses for buris include but are not limited to food, hostages used to keep their families in line if need arises, hunting practice for our Chen and useful stand-ins if we ever decide to train yukkuri to handle security. Oh, also personal amusement, I suppose.
>> No. 39563
>>39560
Well, yes, but we could do the same with a regular yukkuri that we didn't need. What I was talking about was stuff that they are good at BECAUSE of their buriism. For example, they seem to either experience less pain or respond less to it, as shown in the cannibal Marisa incident:
>".... Weimu hurtch." It continues, simply stating a fact and not seeming to grasp that it should be distressed at this turn of events.
Thus, they would be ideal to extract filling from if we ever need any. Obviously not enough to harm them, as they haven't done anything wrong, but it doesn't really seem like they'd mind.
>> No. 39564
>>39563
Why bother? I doubt buri filling taste very good (though it depends on whether it's pain or stress that triggers the chemical reaction) and why risk using buri filling for artificial insemination? While I don't think yukkuri and thus buris by extension work on Lamarckian principles, I'm not willing to take the chance because yukkuri biology is weird. Hell, even if we assume that yukkuri follow the same rules as normal animals (dubious), for all we know, the stimuli that cause buri-ism might also damage their reproductive filling production mechanism so that there's a higher chance of defects appearing in yukkuri descended from them.
>> No. 39565
>>39564

Well, in my opinion it would at least be as good as regular yukkuri filling (plus we can always check), and we could run a test to see if they need to feel distressed to become sweeter.

Reproductive paste would be pretty much useless, seeing as we've already obtained it without problems from normal yukkuri and if we ever need more buris we can just arrange a stalk birth and scare the mother or cut off the stalk and put it in a glass of orange juice.
>> No. 39566
>>39565
Right, we're going to have to run tests on this. There's confirmation that pain and terror causes yukkuri to taste better in this setting, the problems lie in which exact factors influence the taste, not to mention whether there're inherent differences in taste between different yukkuri in the same subspecies. For example, do ko-yukkuri taste sour like they do in other stories? Do scum-natured yukkuri taste nastier than good-natured ones? And so on.

I also considered using buris as incubators but dismissed the idea because of the unknowns of yukkuri biology and because normal parent-child interaction helps build ties that can be used to control yukkuri. On the other hand, if we ever need a lot of low-quality yukkuri fast, we can use the buris without concern for their safety or wellbeing.
>> No. 39567
File 132823184090.jpg - (122.38KB , 500x321 , d1f814a3a25c07d0e7e26fa45849e9c1dc18128f.jpg ) [iqdb]
39567
Note: Pseudo-chat room exploration will likely involve some level of emoticon usage, similar to the widespread use of such in actual chatrooms. You have been warned.

You're interrupted from your inspection by Alice sighing softly and slumping down to seat herself and fall asleep against your lower legs. A quick glance suggests that the others have already gone to sleep, and Alice mumbles a bit before completely settling in. Whatever, then....

You settle in to inspect things again.

....

*John joined #YukkuriPlayroom.

Yukkuri Playroom: the EASIEST place around, for all your easy needs. /// Gonna be away for a few days, don't gangbang the elf while I'm not watching you or crash the server or anything. Kisses- Brixington.

*Marisa7 smirks at Reimu3.
Marisa2: Yu? It's a new Mister Human~
John: What.


You typed that without thinking, it seems. Still this wasn't quite what you expected: the list of users is almost completely filled by the names of Yukkuri types, followed by a single number.

*HappyElf sighs.
HappyElf: OOC if you want, got a newbie here.
*Reisen2 Chuckles sinisterly "Nyehehehe"
*Reisen1 Chortles welcomingly "Kohoho~"
Chen3: Hey, cool. I'll take a second to stretch my legs and get a beer. My buzz is fading.
John: I'm not exactly sure what....
Marisa7: HOORAY BEER! 8D
HappyElf: Yeah, I hear that a lot.
Marisa7: BEER TIME! CHUG, CHUG, CHUG~
*HappyElf frowns.
---Youmu1 is away
*Marisa7 was kicked by HappyElf (Das Boot)
---Reimu2 is away.
*Marisa7 joined #YukkuriPlayroom
Marisa7: :<
*HappyElf has taken voice from Marisa7
HappyElf: I said 'OOC' not 'flip the fuck out like a retard'.
HappyElf: Gah.
HappyElf: Anyway, nice to meet you, John.
John: Um.... likewise.
Chen9: brb
John: So, what did I walk into, here?
*Chen9 quit (Quit)
*Rei yawns
---Rei is back
HappyElf: Alright, so this is a Roleplay room.
HappyElf: You don't have to nick-change and get into a character to be here, if you just feel like lurking and watching.
John: A what?
HappyElf: Just don't cause a ruckus or upset people.
HappyElf: Oh, uh. Roleplay room.
HappyElf: It's like acting, kind of. You pretend to be something else, and act things out.
Rei: Basically, everyone goofs around pretending to be yukkuri.
HappyElf: -_-
Rei: That's about it. It's kind of as stupid as it sounds. x3
HappyElf: Yes, thank you Rei.
HappyElf: You don't have to be so negative.
Rei: Someone has to take the wind out of your sales.
Rei: Sails...
HappyElf: Whatever. You cause enough trouble yourself, I don't know why you stick around.
Rei: I enjoy watching people make idiots of themselves.
Rei: And since I'm Admin and you're just an OP, I can unban myself
Rei: Trololol~
HappyElf: -_-
HappyElf: I'm going to ask Brix to take your Admin away when he gets back.
Rei: Lol, he won't do it.
Rei: He hasn't been in for months anyway. I think he forgot he made this room. X3
*Chen9 joined #YukkuriPlayroom
HappyElf: Nah, he'll be back.
HappyElf: He, like, made this room because he enjoys this. He's not gonna quit out of the blue without warning anyone.
HappyElf: Anyway, you cause too much trouble, or upset people, I'll banhammer you, new guy.
HappyElf: So keep that in mind, and when the room is IC and not OOC, you keep OOC talking to PM's, or you can find another room.
John: Uh
Rei: He doesn't know /what/ the fuck you're talking about, Elf. XD
HappyElf: OOC: Out of Character. IC: In Character.
HappyElf: Which we're about to go back to.
---Youmu1 is back
---Reimu2 is back
HappyElf: IC, everyone.
*HappyElf has given voice to Marisa7
Marisa7: Marisa the GREAT is back, da-ze~
Youmu1: DIIIIIIIIIIIIICK~


You stare for a moment as people start getting into their roles for this thing. Seriously pretending to be yukkuri for their own amusement. You... don't really get it, to be honest. But you guess it isn't hurting anyone.

.... Oh, hey, a little tab with Rei's name on it is blinking. You click it and look there.

Rei: Hey, 'sup.
Rei: I'm bored.
Rei: You got a cam, or want to cyber?
*Rei is waiting.
Rei: Heeeeey, you there?
John: Uh, sorry, I just found this.
Rei: np :P
Rei: New to the net, huh?
John: A bit. I've only really used it to look things up.
Rei: Fresh meat~
*Rei licks chops.
John: Uh...
Rei: jk~
Rei: Seriously though, you want to?
John: I'm not sure what you're asking.
Rei: right, newbie.
Rei: I'm suggesting we have internet sexy fun.
Rei: Cybering is just exchanging dirty-talk about what we're pretending to do to each other.
Rei: If you have a webcam, though, we can watch each other play.
John: We just met, though. Isn't this a little, uh....
Rei:..... XD
Rei: Oh god, i bet you're blushing right now. XD


You aren't, mostly just sort of startled and surprised at the direct suggestions. Webcam... is that what the little circle, there, is? You aren't sure.

Rei: Anyway, if you don't want to, that's fine too.
Rei: If you change your mind, though, I usually lurk here, and in #Mafia and #LockStockandBarrel.
Rei: Though I poke around elsewhere too, sometimes.
Rei: We can camwhore at each other for a while, then. ^_~
John: .... I guess I'll think about it.
Rei: No need to sound so excited. XD
John: What are those other rooms, by the way?
Rei: Eh... Oh, #Mafia I hang out in in case I feel like playing a game.
Rei: It's just a meet-up room, so they know who's online. They play in their own little private forum.
Rei: The games usually move fast, done in an hour or two. Some last longer, though. One went on for a couple of weeks.
John: What, game?
Rei: Google.
Rei: It is your firend.
Rei: Goddammit, friend.
John: Maybe later.
Rei: You'll find a explanation and guide easy enough.
Rei: Oh, 'k.
Rei: Anyway, the other is a gun-enthusiast hangout.
Rei: Some hunting trips get arranged there. I don't really join in though.
Rei: Not a big fan of getting tired and sweaty in the woods, sleeping on dirt, and cleaning up in muddy little streams.
John: Oh.
Rei: Or eating anything that got 'cooked' by burning it over a pile of twigs and leaves.
Rei: Not a big 'outdoorsy' person, as it happens.
John: I never would have guessed.
Rei: lol
Rei: So, anyhows. Playroom wasn't quite what you expected?
John: Not really.
John: I was hoping to find some nice people to take some pet yukkuri off my hands.
Rei: Ahahaha~
Rei: Not a great place for that. One or two might be willing, I guess. But good luck figuring out which.
Rei: You don't want to bring it up while Elf is online, though.
Rei: He'll flip his shit about 'keeping the yukkuri enslaved' and 'releasing them into the wild, as nature intended, and where they're happier'.
John: Oh geeze.
Rei: Probably kickban you too, and block your IP. Though unless you really enjoy watching people humiliate themselves like this, no huge loss.
John: I'll admit, I don't really... 'get' it.
Rei: yeah, no kidding.
Rei: Dozens of grown men and woman making idiots out of themselves.
Rei: Can't believe any humans can take themselves seriously about pretending to be yukkuri. I don't think /yukkuri/ would want to act much like yukkuri, if they were as smart as people.
Rei: Good for a laugh or two, though.
John: Anyway... I don't suppose you might be able to take one or two off my hands?
Rei: lol
Rei: Sorry, hon. Not really looking to keep pets. And I don't think my roommate is really interested.
Rei: You'll have to find someone else.
Rei: Anyway, I'm a bit drunk, and tired.
John: Goodnight?
Rei: Think I'll go break out my vibe.
Rei: And pass out after.
Rei: Feel free to imagine it~<3
*Rei quit (Quit)


You stare at the screen for a minute. Then, shaking your head, you glance through what's gone on in the playroom while you were elsewhere, find nothing interesting, and close the window. This whole exercise was kind of a waste of time, you guess, when it comes to profits. You might have learned a little, though, but you aren't sure if it's anything really important.

You spend some time looking up what you can on inheritance of yukkuri, but don't find much. It looks like the kids of a smarter breed and a dumber breed will usually be just a little smarter than normal, if they're the dumb breed. But they'll sometimes be slightly dumber than normal, too, if they're the smarter kind.

Seems like variances generally even right back out to about normal by the next generation after that, anyway, from what you can find. Doesn't seem to have been any in-depth studies beyond that.

You look up something that was only off-handedly mentioned, while you're at it. Hybrids. It's not a pleasant study... most of the ways to get them are really cruel. Cutting yukkuri in half and gluing them back together in weird 'science' experiments, or deliberately removing all the paste from one yukkuri and injecting it into another, to the point that it looks ready to explode until it all mixes together. The only real point to it is that it can breed children of both types, too, since the hybridization doesn't seem to breed true.... and usually, the hybrid is driven irrevocably insane in the process, or just dies outright.

There looks to be a very rare chance of hybridization occuring naturally, though, without directly damaging the individual's health or sanity. They're still fragile mentally, though, and it's really rare. There are no exact numbers, guesses ranging anywhere from 'one in a hundred, but usually they get killed in the wild before they get seen' to 'maybe one in a thousand, optimistically, will be born like this'.

While you're looking at mutations, though, some other interesting things cross your eye, as you pass by less interesting worm-shaped, insect-shaped, and upside-down yukkuri.

Bones. 'Bones', rather, since they aren't actually made of bone, but hardened and solidified sugary-substance. It'll still snap easily, but probably makes the mutated one a bit sturdier. There's only one photo of a deceased yukkuri found to have bones, but guesses are that it's limited to bodied-yukkuri only, and that it's exceptionally rare. Again, no numbers seem widely agreed upon, though there's nothing so hopeful as 'one in a hundred', like before. And there's those who staunchly insist that the whole thing is a hoax from the original photo, since no other evidence can be brought up.

The other weird, but potentially useful mutation is 'untrained human-level intelligence'. It seems to be a little more common, and those found to have this mutation are known to be highly prized. Guesses of its rarity are again all over the place, though, since such yukkuri aren't brought out often by their owners, as they tend to be targeted when statements are made. By either the Liberation crowd, or anti-yukkuri groups. Aside from that, it seems like a properly trained and experienced enough factory pet can 'fake it' enough to fool some people for a while, before being found out.

You can see where all three could be interesting or useful, if only as something to attract crowds that want to see it.

In any case, it's late and time for you to sleep. Your leg has already gone to sleep from Alice leaning against it, long ago, and it tingles a bit as you set the laptop aside and stand up.

After a moment of thought, you carry her over and settle her down by the children. It's a little tempting to go ahead and let her cuddle you in her sleep, especially as she groans sadly when you move away. But for now, at least, your will remains strong. You'll be waking up without any of your limbs pinned down, in the morning.

---

You forgot to set your alarm when you went to sleep. That's fine, though, because it's not even seven yet when Alice awakens you, tugging insistently on your arm and groaning as she holds her distended belly.

"Babies are... coming. Now." She explains, panting for breath a little.

It takes your sleep-fogged mind a few moments to grasp that, but then you blink yourself hurriedly awake. You don't even pause to get dressed, as you hastily bustle about the apartment, getting things in order, and set Alice up to deliver her litter. Frank doesn't even twitch, comatose on the couch as he is.

A little later, you step back and observe the results. A small litter. Only three infants, every one of them a Hatate, floating just a bit above the bed that Alice is lying on now. She looks ready to fall right to sleep again from the effort of things. And a little disappointed at the continuing minority of Alices, but not too upset.

---

7:05 AM, Day 6

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 39568
[x] let Alice rest, and show Hatate her children.
[x] You might have to repeat the process with everyone, until bodied hatates come out.
[x] Food for everybody, etc. Then go back to sleep.
>> No. 39569
>Kahitora: Oh right. All blobs.

Since it's not clear in the update.
>> No. 39571
[x] Usual morning routine.
[x] Meet and greet with the baby Hatates.
[x] Speak to blob Hatate and ask her if she's willing to help teach the baby Hatates.
[x] Play with Shanghai.
[x] Play with the Chens and Tenshis - try to get them used to humans, though that shouldn't be much of a problem.
[x] See if anyone is on #LockStockandBarrel - make introductions. This might be useful later for finding out what yukkuris lurk in what environments.
[x] Research if blob yukkuri can become bodied yukkuri - whether through human intervention or natural processes.

Is that confirmation that yukkuri can become more human-like youkai? Because if so, yay.
>> No. 39573
>>39571
>[x] Speak to blob Hatate and ask her if she's willing to help teach the baby Hatates.

Teach them what?
>> No. 39575
>>39573
Whatever that is unique to Hatates. You know like how Marisas can be taught to use their hats to float and how Tenshis need to be taught restraint so that they don't kill themselves doing stupid things.
>> No. 39578
[x] Speak to blob Hatate and ask her if she's willing to help teach the baby Hatates.
[x] Meet and greet with the baby Hatates.
[x] Usual morning routine.
[x] Play with Shanghai.
[x] Play with the Chens and Tenshis - try to get them used to humans, though that shouldn't be much of a problem.
[x] See if anyone is on #LockStockandBarrel - make introductions. This might be useful later for finding out what yukkuris lurk in what environments.
[x] Research if blob yukkuri can become bodied yukkuri - whether through human intervention or natural processes.

In order of priority.
>> No. 39580
>>39578
Oh right, I forgot to mention that we might also want to tell blob Hatate that the baby Hatates are its kids - not sure if it'll believe it but if it does, it should help the bonding process.
>> No. 39581
Well, at least we have a girl who's not a yukkuri (or a mobster).

Why have Hatate teach the babies (other than Hatate specific skills, like Voyeurism, Insomnia, and floating/flying)? She doesn't have any real useful skills unlike the bodied three we got from Sam.

[x] Meet and greet with the baby Hatates.
[x] Usual morning routine.
[x] Play with Shanghai.
[x] Play with the Chens and Tenshis - try to get them used to humans, though that shouldn't be much of a problem.
[x] See if anyone is on #LockStockandBarrel - make introductions. This might be useful later for finding out what yukkuris lurk in what environments.
[x] Research if blob yukkuri can become bodied yukkuri - whether through human intervention or natural processes.
>> No. 39582
>>39575

But Hatate doesn't have a cellphone with her.
>> No. 39584
>>39581
>>39582
We don't actually have a full picture of what Hatates do and what behaviors let them survive - it's hardly a stretch to assume that parents of the same subspecies are the ones most suited to teaching baby yukkuri. Otherwise, why is Chen teaching the Chens and Tenshi teaching the Tenshis?
>> No. 39585
[x] Go get the lucky father. Before you become one by default.
[x] Meet and greet with the baby Hatates.
[x] Speak to Roof Hatate and make sure it's going to teach the babies Hatate stuff.
[x] Usual morning routine.
[x] Compare Rei's mannerisms with those of Serah.
[x] Consider buying a gun for store defence. You might be able to get a recommendation from #LockStockandBarrel.
[x] Look up those unintelligent yukkuris. Do they have a special name? And is there anything they're better at than regular yukkuri?
[x] Play with Shanghai.
-[x] Can Alice understand what it's saying?
[x] Play with the Chens and Tenshis - try to get them used to humans if they aren't already.
-[x] If that Tenshi calls you daddy, point out to it that it doesn't look like you or its mother, so Tenshi has to be its father.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you can't make bodied yukkuri out of blob ones.
>> No. 39586
>>39585
It doesn't hurt to check - I'm interested in the matter because if it is possible, it could be evidence supporting the theory that yukkuri can become more human-like youkai.
>> No. 39587
I... was not expecting that.

[x] Go get the lucky father. Before you become one by default.
[x] Meet and greet with the baby Hatates.
[x] Speak to Roof Hatate and make sure it's going to teach the babies Hatate stuff.
[x] Usual morning routine.
[x] Compare Rei's mannerisms with those of Serah.
[X] Consider "Shanghai Coffeehouse" as a name.
[x] Consider buying a gun for store defence. You might be able to get a recommendation from #LockStockandBarrel.
[x] Look up those unintelligent yukkuris. Do they have a special name? And is there anything they're better at than regular yukkuri?
[x] Play with all the children, including the Hatates if they aren't too small - try to get them used to humans if they aren't already.
-[x] If that Tenshi calls you daddy, point out to it that it doesn't look like you or its mother, so Tenshi has to be its father.
-[x] Can Alice understand what Shanghai's saying?
>> No. 39588
[x] Go get the lucky father. Before you become one by default.
[x] Meet and greet with the baby Hatates.
[x] Speak to Roof Hatate and make sure it's going to teach the babies Hatate stuff.
[x] Usual morning routine.
[x] Compare Rei's mannerisms with those of Serah.
[x] Consider buying a gun for store defence. You might be able to get a recommendation from #LockStockandBarrel.
[x] Look up those unintelligent yukkuris. Do they have a special name? And is there anything they're better at than regular yukkuri?
[x] Play with Shanghai.
-[x] Can Alice understand what it's saying?
[x] Play with the Chens and Tenshis - try to get them used to humans if they aren't already.
-[x] If that Tenshi calls you daddy, point out to it that it doesn't look like you or its mother, so Tenshi has to be its father.
[x] Research bodied yukkuris growth rate, also artificial body modifications on yukkuri.

Well, a human "girl" in the sense that we don't know if it's really a guy posing as a girl (a healthy dose of paranoia)
Anyway, if hatates can use cellphones and mimic the "spiritual photography" ability in this story maybe we could make an improvised scrying ring for intelligence purposes.
Am I the only one that hears "human-level intelligence yukkuri" and thinks "human-yukkuri hybrid"?
>> No. 39589
> Well, a human "girl" in the sense that we don't know if it's really a guy posing as a girl (a healthy dose of paranoia)

That is word for word exactly what I thought.
>> No. 39590
>>39588
Well, she seemed pretty willing to webcam, so chances are she's actually female. My paranoia is around whether she's a competitor.
>> No. 39591
>>39590

On one hand, she was willing to talk to us, webcam, whatever before she knew we were selling yukkuri (though with the game, she might have just assumed anyone new coming to #YukkuriPlayhouse is a competitor). On the other hand, she left immediately after we tried to sell her some yukkuri.

And in before Kahi trolls us all and Rei is a(n incredibly smart) yukkuri.
>> No. 39592
[x] Go get the lucky father. Before you become one by default.
[x] Meet and greet with the baby Hatates.
[x] Speak to Roof Hatate and make sure it's going to teach the babies Hatate stuff.
[x] Usual morning routine.
[x] Compare Rei's mannerisms with those of Serah.
[X] Consider "Shanghai Coffeehouse" as a name.
[x] Consider buying a gun for store defence. You might be able to get a recommendation from #LockStockandBarrel.
-[x] Chat with Rei for a bit if she's there. Maybe try and find out whether she is in the contest or how she picked her name. Be cautious until you've confirmed that she isn't a competitor.
[x] Look up those unintelligent yukkuris. Do they have a special name? And is there anything they're better at than regular yukkuri?
[x] Look up Yukkuri inbreeding.
[x] Play with all the children, including the Hatates if they aren't too small - try to get them used to humans if they aren't already.
-[x] If that Tenshi calls you daddy, point out to it that it doesn't look like you or its mother, so Tenshi has to be its father.
-[x] Can Alice understand what Shanghai's saying?

It'd be nice to know if yukkuri don't suffer from and/or don't mind inbreeding, as it could be useful in a few situations. Rei didn't seem too interested in obtaining yukkuri (she didn't even ask what kind), so she PROBABLY isn't in the contest, but you never know.
>> No. 39593
>>39591
I bet dollars against M that you-re correct. It'd be the final kick in the nuts. Going to a blind date... with a yukkuri.
>> No. 39594
>>39588
>"human-yukkuri hybrid"?

Actually, this is pretty much possible.
>>39584

I'm more worried about Hatate teaching them to be afraid of humans.
>> No. 39595
>>39594
I am seriously hoping that human-yukkuri hybrids don't exist in this setting because that element creeps me out more than anything else.

As for the other matter, it's not a bad thing if the yukkuri learn to be cautious around humans - it's only a bad thing if the yukkuri become cautious of us as well and that can be mitigated by regular interaction.
>> No. 39597
>>39591
>>39593

Following this line of thought an epiphany hit me:
> Rei = Reisen?
> Interests: mafia, guns and yukkuri.
> Yukkuri rights advocate that instead of "release everyone in the wild" thinks that yukkuri should be integrated in society (at least sounded like that to me).
> Interested in John almost inmediately and requesting "cybering" right off the bat.
> In the same update we learn that some yukkuri are able to reach human-level intelligence

The odds of her actually being Bunny are too damn high.
Inb4 epic red-herring.
>> No. 39598
>>39597
I considered that while reading through the text last night, though it was more random intuition than anything based on logical deduction - if true, it makes the Reisen more interesting in my opinion.
>> No. 39600
>>39597
Yeah, I was thinking that too.

...so does anyone else want a Bunny route?
>> No. 39601
>>39600

I'm with you, bro.
>> No. 39602
>>39600
She's better than the other yukkuri, at least.
>> No. 39603
>>39600
If Mafia Reisen is as she seems in the chat, and not how she acted during our physical encounter, then I'm in.
As far as I'm concerned, they might as well be two separate people.
>> No. 39604
>>39603
Come to think of it, the Reisen can't speak in anything other than their characteristic Geragera, can she?
>> No. 39605
>>39604

That's for all Reisens. But if she is indeed of human level intelligenve, she probably can ignore that limitation.
>> No. 39606
>>39605
Most Reisens can't talk in this setting while a rare handful can. Yukkuri intelligence doesn't necessarily mean that the yukkuri can completely transcend its limitations, just like high intelligence in humans doesn't mean that person can transcend his or her instincts.

Still, we could just visit the Reisen and ask her - that's the simplest solution.
>> No. 39610
[x] Meet and greet with the baby Hatates. Introduce their real father first, though.
[x] Usual morning routine.
[x] Play with Shanghai.
[x] Play with the Chens and Tenshis - get them used to humans, though that shouldn't be much of a problem.
[x] See if anyone is on #LockStockandBarrel - make introductions. This might be useful later for finding out what yukkuris lurk in what environments.
[x] Research if blob yukkuri can become bodied yukkuri - whether through human intervention or natural processes.
>> No. 39611
[x] Go get the lucky father. Before you become one by default.
[x] Meet and greet with the baby Hatates.
[x] Speak to Roof Hatate and make sure it's going to teach the babies Hatate stuff.
[x] Usual morning routine.
[x] Compare Rei's mannerisms with those of Serah.
[X] Consider "Shanghai Coffeehouse" as a name.
[x] Consider buying a gun for store defence. You might be able to get a recommendation from #LockStockandBarrel.
-[x] Chat with Rei for a bit if she's there. Maybe try and find out whether she is in the contest or how she picked her name. Be cautious until you've confirmed that she isn't a competitor.
[x] Look up those unintelligent yukkuris. Do they have a special name? And is there anything they're better at than regular yukkuri?
[x] Look up Yukkuri inbreeding.
[x] Play with all the children, including the Hatates if they aren't too small - try to get them used to humans if they aren't already.
-[x] If that Tenshi calls you daddy, point out to it that it doesn't look like you or its mother, so Tenshi has to be its father.
-[x] Can Alice understand what Shanghai's saying?
>> No. 39612
File 132840464657.jpg - (46.79KB , 850x490 , sample-56dd3ea816d579739af3edfef43bee2c.jpg ) [iqdb]
39612
Well, the very first thing to do is to get ahold of the lucky father, before misunderstandings can occur. You nudge Hatate awake, and carry her over to the infants, and they squeal with delight at her.

For her part, she seems startled, bleary from just waking up, and confused about where these infants came from.

"You remember, right? I had you give me something before, and used it to help Alice make these babies..." You say.

"Mister and Alice... helped, to make...?" She says, clearly not really getting it, but becoming rapidly distracted by the happy newborns. It looks like they recognized her quickly enough.

"I hope you can help out with teaching and raising these. And any other Hatate that come along."

"Y-yes.." She says, and you take a moment to play around with the infants as well, making sure they're used to having you around, before you head off to get food, putting it out for all the yukkuri.

You spend some time playing with the other children for a while, ready to rebuff any claims of parentage that those two might make. They don't bring the matter up, though, despite seeming more happy than the rest to have your attention. Only Shanghai seems as delighted as they are.

The little Alice seems slightly uncomfortable about something, though, shifting around sometimes as though she is suddenly itchy, or needs to go... nothing comes of it, though, and the brief periods pass quickly.

You bring it up with Alice anyway.

".... Alice will have to talk with the little one, soon." Is all she really has to say on the subject.

"Alright, then. I'd like to know, though... can you understand what Shanghai is saying... or, trying to say?" You wonder.

"Not really..." Alice mumbles, as Shanghai croons somewhere around your ear.

"Not at all, then?"

"Making noise. Can understand... a little, of what Shanghai means. Probably... as much as Master does. Not what Shanghai says." She says, sleepily.

Well, you'll leave it at that, then. For now, it's time to munch on a bagel and start back into research.

The premature yukkuri are apparently referred to sometimes as 'buri'. You aren't entirely sure why, but there it is. More importantly, for uses... they're hard to get upset. Too stupid to get angry, or stressed out, or really scared when they should be, it seems. Good enough as pets for small children, though, since they don't really freak out over being rolled around or manhandled as much as others might. Generally being more sedentary and happy to sit and stare at a point in the air leaves them kind of... 'fatter', you guess, and harder to pick up and throw around like a ball. Which means that it's less likely for small children to accidentally kill them that way.

This leaves out the possibility of deliberately killing them, but there's not really much to be done there. And the sort of vicious kid that would go ahead and kill their pet for fun probably wouldn't be as happy with a pet that didn't feel and respond to pain 'right', at that.

The next thing to check on is an idle thought: to see if blob type yukkuri can become bodied ones.

The answer is no.

Or at least, the answer is 'this has never happened that we know of'. People sometimes claim it could, or has, but there is never any sort of proof one way or the other. The bone mutation has more evidence proving its existence, with its single documented and much contested photo. There seem to have been a few whimsical experments done to try to force a metamorphosis like that, but none of them have picked up any sort of evidence that what they were trying was even possible, and heavy mutilation of large blobs, to try to force them into the right shape, just leaves them tormented and unable to move properly, just waiting to die.

In short, even if it is possible, the odds are so astronomically long and stacked against it that it might as well not be. Nothing worth further consideration, definitely.

The next thing to think about is store defense. A gun of some kind might be needed. It's not like you really intend to set up in a part of the City where you're likely to be robbed, but there's always the risk to think of.

That one chat area might be able to help you, there. Of course, Rei might be there, and you'd probably not have much in the way of a choice about talking to her if she is. She...

You aren't sure why you're comparing her to Serah all of a sudden, but at the thought, they aren't really similar at all. Serah was always prim and proper and demure, not even allowing a hint of 'impropriety', right up until the point where she caught you with ropes and a knife, and Rei is very much... not. Serah would have been aghast at the very thought of dirty-talking for mutual amusement, much less anything more than that. Looking back, she sort of begrudged even hand-holding and the occasional kiss.

Somehow, unless she's just acting out from behind a shield of anonymity, you doubt Rei would have the same hangups. Especially if she was serious with the offer to... well.

You're pretty sure you won't end up waking up strapped down to an altar somewhere, anyway. Or at least, that you won't be having your heart sacrificed. Your body, maybe. But that's just the feeling you get.

You go ahead and take a look, dismissing your idle thoughts. It takes a few minutes to find the right place. It doesn't look like many people are in, right now.

....

*John joined #LockStockandBarrel

Barbecue at Smith's: cooking up that boar. /// Lee is planning a hunting trip, sightings of Reindeer in the tundra areas. Contact if interested. /// Taurus .357 Magnum for sale -Walther /// MAGNUM is your god here. Remember it! - Magnum

Magnum: WELCOME, PEON!
*Rei throws a used clip at Magnum's head.
*Magnum staggers.
Rei: Don't mess with the new guy, 'k?
Rei: Wasn't expecting you to turn up here, though. X3
John: It seemed like a good idea.
*Magnum sulks at being ignored.
John: I might want to look into buying a gun, after all.
Rei: Oh? And are you just saying that to get into my good books? No need for that. xD
John: No, really. I'm starting a business, and I'm thinking about defense, just in case.
Magnum: Oh?
Magnum: Well, you should think about what you want. Handgun is good for personal defense.
Magnum: if you're talking about a store or something, like you said, you'll probably want a shotgun.
Rei: A handgun could still work too.
Rei: Though shotguns are better for intimidation.
Rei: If you plan to ever have to actually fire it without a bunch of practice, though, a handgun might be better.
Magnum: Get a Desert Eagle. :)
Rei: No.
Rei: Geeze, you and that monster. You have such a hard-on for that gun.
Magnum: Guilty as charged.
Magnum: Mmm, that dirty, /sexy/ barrel....
*Magnum was kicked by Rei (Boom Headshot)
*Magnum joined #LockStockandBarrel
Magnum: X3
Rei: But seriously, that damn thing is a fifty caliber /beast/.
Rei: I'd probably rip both my hands off trying to fire it.
Magnum: Nah, babe.
Magnum: Might break your dainty little lady-wrists a little, with the recoil, though.
Rei: I'll pass.
Rei: And stick with my 9mm.
John: I am thinking about a shop, though.
Magnum: Yeah, you'll probably want a shotgun, then.
Magnum: Probably all you'll ever do is cock it.
Chester: Might think about a rifle. Could also work.
Magnum: No, fuck you.
Magnum: Rifles are for hunting.
Magnum: Go back to lurking and polishing your winchesters.
Chester: :<
Rei: Aw, Magnum's just a big meanie, isn't he?
*Magnum was kicked by Rei (Boom Heashot)
Chester: :>
*Magnum joined #LockStockandBarrel
Magnum: -_-
Magnum: Whatever.
Magnum: I'll just go, since I'm obviously not wanted here.
Magnum: I'll be furiously polishing and firing off my guns.
Magnum: /If you know what I mean/.
*Magnum quit (Asta La Beasta bay-bee)
Rei: heh
Rei: You picked a bit of a bad time, actually.
Rei: Most people aren't on yet, and those that are headed off early to drink beer and eat that boar Smith shot, later. You're pretty much stuck with just me right now... lucky you~
Rei: Running a shop, though.
Rei: Here I thought you messed around with Yukkuri?
John: Yeah.
Rei: Hey, no need to bee so boxed up about it.
Rei: I guess you're doing that thing that was on all the flyers.
Rei: I have a job, though. So you don't need to worry about me stealing your plans. X3
John: Ah...
Rei: Or you can just keep it to yourself. I won't mind. :<
John: No, I guess it's fine.
John: It's a lot of work to start up, anyway, so I don't think I'll have many competitors.
John: I'm starting a cafe, but training Yukkuri to do all the waitressing.
Chester: What, really?
Chester: I didn't think they were smart enough to do that.
John: Well, it's not like it's a hard job.
Chester: And bouncing around, like they do...
John: Ah, no.
John: I plan to use bodied yukkuri for staff.
John: As long as they have hands, and can walk around, they're basically competent enough to handle the job as well as a human.
Chester: You'll probably lose some of the customers you could get, though.
Rei: Yeah, because of people not liking yukkuri and all.
Rei: Sounds like it could work, though.
John: Yeah... maybe I'll let you know the day it opens?
John: You can introduce yourself as Rei, and I'll give you a free coffee or something.
Rei: X3
Rei: Sorry, but I might pass on that.
John: ?
Rei: I'm not really social. Don't really meet people from the internet in meatspace.
Rei: I might show up at your cafe, but don't expect me to introduce myself.
Rei: You probably won't realize I came at all, even if I do. X3


Huh. You feel like you've been shot down, somehow. Well, you've gotten the sagacious advice of 'maybe a shotgun', though. Specifics might be nice.

---

8:45 AM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 39613
[x] How much would a shotgun cost? One just enough to intimidate and defend, you don't need anything fancy, unless it's an AA-12, Hmmm, AA-12~
[x] Ask if they do only normal hunting (animals, or maybe the occasional man-eating veggie, if such thing exists) or if they also hunt yukkkuri, for whatever reason they would want yukkuri for.
[x] If they are familiar with wild yukkuri, then ask what types do they commonly find, and where. You're interessted in acquiring as many yukkuri as possible for...personal interessts. No, you're not the cruel type of guy.
[x] Ask when the usual people are around, so you can come back later.
>> No. 39614
[x] How much would a shotgun cost? One just enough to intimidate and defend, you don't need anything fancy, unless it's an AA-12, Hmmm, AA-12~
[x] Ask what kind of things they hunt - anything unusual other than yukkuri yukkuri?
[x] If they are familiar with wild yukkuri, then ask what types do they commonly find, and where. You're interested in yukkuri that can't be found in the city.
[x] Ask if they ever see large yukkuri clans wandering around in the wilderness.
[x] Ask when the usual people are around, so you can come back later.
[x] Head out and visit the suppliers once Frank wakes up.

Curiouser and curiouser, the 'you wouldn't recognize me' suggests that she isn't the Reisen, but still nothing conclusive.
>> No. 39616
[x] Politely enquire into specific models. Are there any that are a good price or easier to use?
[x] Ask how to contact Lee. You might want to ask him to keep an eye out for Cirnos while he's there.
[x] Bid farewell to all, /quit.
[x] Consider "Shanghai Coffeehouse" as a name.
[x] Look up Yukkuri inbreeding.

I'm thinking we should move into the parkside location once most of the kids are young adults.

>>39613
We already explained our business plan to them.

>>39614
Yukkuri yukkuri?
>> No. 39617
>>39616
Ah, that's a typo - yukkari got duplicated. I was curious if they met anything that falls under the definition of youkai.
>> No. 39618
[x] Politely enquire into specific models. Are there any that are a good price or easier to use?
[x] Would these guys happen to be familiar with yukkuri in the wilderness?
[x] Ask how to contact Lee. You might want to ask him to keep an eye out for Cirnos while he's there.
[x] Bid farewell to all, /quit.
[x] Look up Yukkuri inbreeding.
[x] Consider "Shanghai Coffeehouse" as a name.
[x] Ask Alice what she'd need to teach the kids everything she knows.
-[x] Are the kids ready to begin waitress training?

These guys don't really seem to me like they set out to hunt yukkuri. While it's entirely possible that they know all about yukkuri in the wild because they use them as a food source on hunting trips, I don't think asking for a huge list of habitations would endear us to them. Better to only ask if we can't find it online.

>>39616
Shouldn't we wait until they're actual adults and can waitress?
>> No. 39619
I was thinking Shanghai'd be all the self defense we need. Lasers beat guns (in Touhou, at least). Then again, we can't keep Shanghai with us 24/7.

In terms of business model, we should start at a cheap location and build up. We have to build notoriety/fame and experience before we spend too much money on location. Plus, the worse locations will be more forgiving if we make a terrible mistake.
>> No. 39620
>>39619
I'm undecided on whether we should purchase a gun, but it's useful as an inroad to their social group at least.

>>39618
We could wait until we become better known amongst them before pursuing that line of questioning - build up a little trust and social credit before spending it, so to speak.

>>39619
I proposed a food stand a couple of threads ago - plop Alice in there plus someone who can run the register, let her make sandwiches and brew coffee and place the stand in the City center where people work. Once the cafe is ready to open, we can even either transfer the equipment to the cafe or keep it open as a second location.
>> No. 39621
>>39619
The guy did say that he was willing to rent the place to someone else. We should take advantage of the discount and take it. It's the perfect place, really.
>> No. 39623
>>39621
Although I still kind of want to run a food stand in the City center for no real reason, I agree with this Anon. It's a good opportunity that shouldn't be passed up - carpe diem and great rewards demand great risks and all that.
>> No. 39626
[x] Politely enquire into specific models. Are there any that are a good price or easier to use? (Also inquire about ammunition and it's cost)
[x] Would these guys happen to be familiar with yukkuri in the wilderness?
[x] Ask when the usual people are around, so you can come back later.
[x] Bid farewell to all, /quit.
[x] Look up Yukkuri inbreeding.
[x] Consider "Shanghai Coffeehouse" as a name.
[x] Ask Alice what she'd need to teach the kids everything she knows.
-[x] Are the kids ready to begin waitress training?

The rationale of buying a shotgun is that while Shanghai can use an extremely powerful laser for the setting, it's a 1 day - 1 shot deal, the shotgun can be used as long as we have ammo. Also, getting to know more humans in the setting not directly related to yukkuri and building connections.
I forgot, Did John already discussed the parkside location with Frank?
Well, there's nothing substantial (aside the rationale from the first meeting) to point that she is something more than a human right now, the rejection to meet John in person seems normal (he is someone she just met) but somehow contradicts the cam request (probably that kind of people that it's outgoing online and shy offline?).
>> No. 39627
>>39626
Shouldn't we focus on teaching the Alice to waitress before starting on the babies?
>> No. 39628
>>39627
We can probably teach them at the same time, or teach Alice stuff that she then includes as part of her lessons.

[x] Politely enquire into specific models. Are there any that are a good price or easier to use? (Also inquire about ammunition and it's cost)
[x] Would these guys happen to be familiar with yukkuri in the wilderness?
[x] Ask how to contact Lee. You might want to ask him to keep an eye out for Cirnos while he's there.
[x] Bid farewell to all, /quit.
[x] Look up Yukkuri inbreeding.
[x] Consider "Shanghai Coffeehouse" as a name.
[x] Ask Alice what she'd need to teach the kids everything she knows.
-[x] Are the kids ready to begin waitress training?
>> No. 39630
>>39628
Fair enough, but you guys might want to run that decision by the Tenshi and the Chen because I think they've done most of the education for the bodied yukkuri (we have a single baby Alice and the trio divided up teaching duties by subspecies).
>> No. 39651
File 132857889926.png - (13.41KB , 149x148 , Sawed-off_shotgun_icon.png ) [iqdb]
39651
John: So... I don't suppose you could be any more specific about what the right make and model would be?
Chester: AA-12 is probably a good call shotgun-wise. I don't really look into them much.
Rei: No.
Rei: He wants to intimidate idiots with pantyhose on their heads.
Rei: Not fight a war.
Chester: I think an AA-12 would be very intimidating.
Rei: It fires 300 rounds a minute.
Rei: Five rounds a second.
Rei: That's serious overkill. Where is he going to get one, anyway, unless one of you slavering meatheads decides to let him pick one up from your treasure troves, or he waits six months to put it on special order?
Chester: I suppose you have a point, there.
Chester: I only really know rifles, though.
Rei: Yeah, sure. Anyway, you just need something that you can cock loudly.
Rei: Airgun doesn't have the right sound, you can tell right away that it's just an imitation.
Rei: A cheap hunting gun will do fine, though. Those generally only run about 200M, last I checked, and about 25 for a box of maybe twenty shells.


You cough a little. That's a bit more than you'd been hoping for. Still, a bit of hope springs.

John: This is... new?
Rei: Yeah, brand new.
Rei: You want a used one, it'll probably be cheaper and work just as well, if you don't intend to actually fire it.
Rei: You'll just have to trust that it's not broken if you ever /do/ try to fire it.
Rei: And that you didn't buy garbage.
John: .... I see.
Rei: Well, or you might be able to talk to one of these guys.
Rei: Go on a boys night out hunting trip or something, buy an old one from them or something.
Rei: Not going to really find a better deal for ammo, though. Can't really buy that used.
John: That's true.
John: I guess now would be a good time to ask about Lee, then?
Rei: You don't waste any time. X3
John: Ah... not even just about that.
John: I might want to ask if he could keep an eye out for some things for me.
Rei: 'Some things'? Press-ganging wild yukkuri, huh?
John: .... I guess a motive like that is pretty transparent.
Rei: No kidding. X3
Rei: The best place to talk with him is here, though.
Rei: And he's at that party with a bunch of the rest today, so it's a no-go. They'll be getting drunk all night, so you'll probably want to wait until the afternoon too.
John: I guess so.
Rei: I'll point out that these lummoxes aren't really great at 'catching' things, either. They go out and shoot what they hunt to death.
Rei: So I wouldn't put too great odds on them actually catching anything you can use for your cafe deal, even if you talk them into it.
John: Oh. I guess I shouldn't ask about what you know about yukkuri in the wild, either?
Chester: Not too much. Maybe to supplement the rations you brought along on a trip, you might pick a few off, or if you suddenly have a pang in your sweet tooth.
Chester: But I wouldn't go sticking your arm into holes in the ground, just because you think a yukkuri went in one.
Chester: Might be so.
Chester: Or you might be sticking your arm into an angry badger's nest.
Chester: Wouldn't assume that just because it was the one last time, it'll still be this time, either. Foxes might chase 'em out and take the hole, badger might wander off and pick a fight with a bear and not make it back, and they move back in.
Chester: Depends.
John: I'll keep that in mind, if I go on trips outside the City Limits.
Rei: Yeah, you keep this in mind too: don't go off the paths alone.
Rei: You want at least two people on a hunting trip. Three or more is better. That way you can keep some kind of watch, and don't wake up to find a puma landing on your chest, or whatever else might happen.
John: .... That sounds a little worrisome.
Chester: Well, it's nothing that you really need to worry about, as long as you have a nice bonfire to sleep around.
Chester: Fire spooks most animals, you know.
Rei: You want to go with people that know what they're doing, still.
Chester: Well, yes. And a second person is just a safety precaution.
Chester: If your rifle misfires and blows a hole in your foot, miles from the city, and you're alone, just for example.
Chester: Well, you'll definitely have a hard time of things. Likely won't make it back on your own.
John: That doesn't leave me unsettled and paranoid at all, thank you.
John: But to bring this conversation full circle, no advice on specific makes or models?
Chester: Eh...
Rei: Winchesters are actually pretty good. Shame on you for not pointing this out, Chester.
Chester: :<
Rei: Might look into Remington or Mossberg models.
Rei: But it's really a matter of personal preference. So long as it's pump-action, it'll be fine.
John: Alright then, I guess.
John: I should probably get going. There's a lot of other stuff I need to do.
Rei: Good luck finding a location for your cafe, then.
Rei: A whole lot more fun than chatting about guns and ammo, I'll bet. X3
John: Thanks, and goodbye.


You close the window with that, and turn your attention to other things. It's time for a little more research. Aside from thinking about cafe names, since Shanghai Coffeehouse still sounds... a little off in your head, somehow, but possibly on the same level of things as Shanghai Cafe as things went, you need to take a look at breeding matters.

Your results are all over the place. One has the enforced couple, siblings, hating the thought of it and having to be forced into mating, and the results are pretty bad. The 'scientist' in question breeds all of twenty infants from the pair before getting bored and disposing of them all, and of the six litters, not a single one has more than four infants, at the most. Worse still, of those twenty, fourteen are premature 'Buri' yukkuri, and three have strange and useless mutations. Worm-shaped yukkuri. One of the twenty falls under both categories.

Going by this study alone, inbreeding is to be avoided if at all possible.

There's another counterpoint, though, where a pet owner puts up a few notes and photos of her Reimu and Marisa, which were born from the same stalk, but had no problems whatsoever with raising a family or three. They were very enthusiastic about it, even, and she had to regularly 'give the babies to friends who would take care of them', though she admitted that in most cases she was forced to release the bulk of the litters into the wild to fend for themselves, as she couldn't afford to feed them all, and no one was interested. She might have been spoiling them, though, as you note that she fed them a lot of the expensive sort of food she ate herself.

Going by this information alone, yukkuri have no issues whatsoever with inbreeding.

Taking both of them, and all of the information you scavenge together alongside them, as a whole... it looks like it varies widely on a case-by-case basis. Possibly species and how they were raised might play some part, or availability of outside mates or... well, most of the supposed scientists running these experiments didn't take so many variables into account.

But all you can glean from this is 'sometimes it's okay, and sometimes obviously not'. Which is significantly less helpful than you would have hoped.

You shut the laptop, since Alice has been awake for a little while now, along with the rest.

"I'll be going out again, and might pick up some things." You say. "Is there anything that you all need, for yourselves or to teach your children?"

"... Ah." Alice says, blinking. "Um. If Master says so, then... needle and thread, for sewing. If Master had a stove, then a cooking book for reci-pe's... Um...."

She frowns in thought.

"Shiny thing... um... thimble, to keep needle from poking through fingers. Dishwashing gloves..."

"I did say I would get you those, didn't I?" You say, thinking back. "You've definitely got a laundry list of things, though~" You tease.

"Aha.... Sorry." She says, sheepishly.

"It's fine. Is that all?" You ask.

".... Um. There is..." She says, hesitantly, then shakes her head and draws a little closer, lowering her voice. "Alice will have to talk to the little Alice, very soon. Because the little Alice won't be a child for much longer. So, since Master said before, that he wanted to check, then now would be..."

"You're asking for porn." You say, eyebrows raised.

"No, not for Alice." She insists, shaking her head quickly. "Master said, right? That you wanted to know.... um, what the little ones might be interested in. Since the little Alice is already starting to feel funny, it would be good to check soon."

You don't think that finding any kind of porn that might be needed will be a problem. You have The Internet to work with, and all. Even so, it's a slightly awkward topic.

The bodied kids should probably wait a few more days on waitress practice. As children, they're still only... about knee height, compared to the mother's rough estimate of 'half your height, and slow growth from there. Chen and Alice are already starting to catch up to Tenshi. You guess their rates are all slowing down, though, and Tenshi seems to have hit the point where actual growth will start taking a lot longer, at an idle guess.

---

10:15 AM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 39652
[x] Make a list of the stuff that we need to pick up.
[x] Visit the bakery-suppliers and ask about rates.
[x] Pick up stuff on the shopping list.
[x] Come home and drop off the stuff.
>> No. 39653
[x] Teach Alice how to use the Internet. It's a good source for recipes and other things.
-[x] Or just keep a few tabs open for her to read, or use for checking preferences.
[x] Make a list of the stuff that we need to pick up.
[x] Visit the bakery-suppliers and ask about rates.
[x] Pick up stuff on the shopping list.
[x] Come home and drop off the stuff.
>> No. 39654
[x] Look into getting some name badges for your yukkuri.
[x] Make a list of the stuff that we need to pick up.
[x] Open a few different tabs of applicable porn, and show Alice how to switch between them. Set the laptop somewhere out-of-the-way and have Alice find out preferences with them while you're gone, and close it when finished.
[x] Visit the bakery-suppliers and ask about rates.
[x] Pick up stuff on the shopping list.
-[x] Additionally, buy some cheap candy, a cardboard box, and some heavy-duty tape.
[x] Come home and drop off the stuff.

I don't really think we'll be able to give Alice the whole rundown on the internet, but all she needs to do is go between tabs. There's not a lot else I can think of to do other than picking up some trap stuff and looking into pins so we (and the customers) can tell the yukkuri apart.
>> No. 39657
[x] Look into getting some name badges for your yukkuri.
[x] Make a list of the stuff that we need to pick up.
[x] Open a few different tabs of applicable porn, and show Alice how to switch between them. Set the laptop somewhere out-of-the-way and have Alice find out preferences with them while you're gone, and close it when finished.
[x] Visit the bakery-suppliers and ask about rates.
[x] Pick up stuff on the shopping list.
-[x] Additionally, buy some cheap candy, a cardboard box, and some heavy-duty tape.
[x] Come home and drop off the stuff.

C'mon, let's at least do SOMETHING interesting.
>> No. 39658
Anonymous 12/02/08(Wed)01:47 No. 39657
[x] Look into getting some name badges for your yukkuri.
[x] Make a list of the stuff that we need to pick up.
[x] Open a few different tabs of applicable porn, and show Alice how to switch between them. Set the laptop somewhere out-of-the-way and have Alice find out preferences with them while you're gone, and close it when finished.
[x] Visit the bakery-suppliers and ask about rates.
[x] Pick up stuff on the shopping list.
-[x] Additionally, buy some toys for Chen and bondage gear for Tenshi.

Well, we do need to teach some restrain to Tenshi. IYKWIM.
>> No. 39659
>>39658
Tenshi already has restraint. Also, you're copypasting votes wrong. Start highlighting at the first [x], or if you can't do that, then delete the stuff manually.
>> No. 39660
File 132867680563.jpg - (266.25KB , 850x1196 , Rachel.jpg ) [iqdb]
39660
It's as you expected. You hardly have to start looking, and The Internet displays its eagerness to pelt you with images and videos of genitals, in conjunction with the vapid starlets and self-absorbed jocks and the activities they join together in.

You open up a new window to hold all the tabs you'll need, for ease of closing them all at once, later. It only takes a bit to explain how to start and stop the movies, to a blushing but clearly intrigued Alice, though she doesn't really seem to grasp the function of the keyboard. Pressing a button after moving a cursor isn't nearly so complex, though.

"Use this while I'm out, to check what the kids are interested in, okay?" You instruct.

".... Alice will have to talk to the little Alice right away, after." She notes aloud.

"That's fine." You say. "You do that. I'm sure there's a pen around here, somewhere..." You mumble.

You find it after a minute, and scribble out the little grocery list. Needle and thread, thimble, rubber gloves.... you go ahead and put a cookbook on there too, though you'll remember to look for a cheap one, since you aren't exactly equipped for high class cuisine. And... You add candy, a cardboard box, and heavy tape to the list. You might want to pick up some kind of rope, as well, but it can wait.

You set the laptop up on your bed before you go, perfectly confident in the knowledge that nothing can in any way go wrong with this planned course of action, tuck the list carefully into a pocket, and head off for a brief stop in at the bakeries you've found.

Having no real bias one way or the other just yet aside from the obvious matter of price, you head to the more upscale one first. It's a grandish looking place, and as you step inside you can see wedding cakes on display and intricately ornamental treats set out for purchase.

The cheapest thing in the store that you can see is a large chocolate chip cookie, that will cost you 5M if you purchase it. There are a number of places where you can get full meals and a drink of your choice for that. Seriously ritzy.

A short young lady steps out from behind the counter and bows slightly, ruffles and ribbons making only the softest noise.

"Welcome, customer." She says simply, in a near monotone.

".... Aren't you a little young to be left in charge, here?" You say, speaking your mind before you can stop to think.

"A common misconception." She continues bleakly. "I am in point of fact twenty seven years old."

She's barely any taller than Tenshi, you guess. Maybe a few inches.

"An unfortunate condition, which stunted my bodies development, slowing it significantly until I reached the state you see now, after which growth halted entirely. Treatable, as it happens. But not cheaply. And when faced with the numbers, Mother and Father decided that with the condition not being dangerous, it was perfectly fine to leave it be. My little brother, of course, found it hilarious." She explains flatly.

".... Ah." You say, not entirely sure how to respond to that.

"But enough of expository banter. Please, select your choice of tantalizing morsels." She says, gloomy as ever, as though reading off a note-card.

"I didn't come so much to purchase as to work out a potential future business arrangement." You say, facing down the girl's unblinking and cool gaze as best as you can. "I'm opening a cafe, you see..."

"Speak with my little brother Richard, in the back." She says, dismissively. "He deals with this sort of thing, contracts and arrangements. Richard!"

"Yes, Rachel?" A booming voice calls back.

"One for you. Through that door, sir." She says, with a dismissive wave, as she returns behind the normally sized counter, almost completely hidden the instant she steps behind it.

You sneak a peek as you walk past, and see that she's set up a small chair, television, and some sort of video-game console, with the volume muted. Then you're in the back.

.... It becomes immediately clear, as you face down the particularly stout fellow in the apron, dusted with flour and sugar speckling his beard, that the term 'little' refers to age alone. The man outmasses you by.... at least twice, at your best estimate.

Despite the fact that he doesn't seem particularly muscular, the grip of his handshake was as though you had caught your hand in a closing vice.

"Usually, Rachel handles the day-to-day customers in the front by herself..." he says, quizzically.

You explain yourself again, and business talk begins. When you leave, it's with a few scribbled notes. Richard can offer you some reduced rates on cookies and pastries... provided, of course, that you make a bulk order of them, of at least a certain amount. He can also make specialty items, if you discuss it personally with him, though again discounts come only in bulk purchases. And while he would generally package treats individually, in plain white paper, he knows a person that he can make arrangements with to make specialty wrappers for them, emblazoned with a brand and logo, if you bring him one. But while the plain wrappings are included in the price, specialized ones would mean a small increase per single item, which add up when considered against a bulk number.

You move on to the less classy and more affordable seeming City Bake... it's nowhere near so highly decorated, basically boiling down to glass counters you can peer through to see the sugary treats inside. You can get four simple glazed donuts here for a single Money, and there's the odd other thing, too. A tray here of sausages wrapped in dough and cheese, some cakes and pies over there... lots of things.

"Ah.... you know you can't smoke in here, honey." The salesgirl complains at what you presume to be her beau, ignoring her to puff at a cigarrette while leaning against a wall. He's dressed in a faded shirt and torn jeans. "You'll upset the customers."

"Fuck 'em." He says, relaxedly puffing away. "If they want to buy a donut, a little smoke ain't gonna bother them none, doll."

"Ugh." She sighs exasperatedly.

"Like this fellow. He don't give a shit. Do you? Yeah, you aren't at all bothered. Hurry up and buy your donut already, so my dollface here can take a break."

"You're just incorrigible." She says, with a slight smile.

"Actually... I'm not here to buy something just now-"

"Speak up. Don't mumble, I can't hear what the fuck you're saying." The man barks.

"I'm here to discuss an opportunity for business-"

"Get to the damn point already." The man interrupts again. "Geeze, so much hassle about buying a damn donut. Bet he'll start stuttering in a moment."

"Oh, stop bothering the customers, Alex." The salesgirl says. "Can I help you?"

"Yes, I'm interested in-"

"Not your face." Alex says, smirking. "Way he's dragging things on, he's looking at something else. I think he likes you, Jess! I think he wants to fuck you." Alex says. Jess, the salesgirl, rolls her eyes, but doesn't seem really upset as he saunters around and starts deliberately and pointedly fondling her generous assets.

"'Zat it? You like these, buddy? Wanna fuck Jess, here? Tough. That's cause once you've bought your damn donut and left, I'm taking her to the back and I'm gonna fuck her. Yeah, this is my girl, don't you forget it."

"I'm here to discuss business." You say coldly. "I am opening a cafe. As I have tried to say, repeatedly. If you could point me towards the manager or supervisor in charge here, so I could discuss potential arrangements, I would be much obliged."

Alex frowns, and Jess suddenly looks mildly worried as she realizes that the person her boyfriend was heckling wasn't just some random guy off the street, here for a sausage-thing.

"Through that door, and in the office at the top of the stairs." She directs, and you leave with a nod. Before the door closes all the way, though, you hear her continue with "... You don't think the boss might be upset with me for having you over, if something you said screws up a business deal, do you, Alex?"

The manager at the top of the stairs is a thin, mostly deaf and balding elderly fellow, poorly disguising the state of his hair with a comb-over. It takes several attempts to gain his attention, but once you do, business discussion begins quickly.

You end up securing similar bulk offers from him, for the already cheaper stock, and the old man seems quite a pleasure to talk to after making your way through Alex, downstairs. You've left before you realize you forgot to get his name, though.

With cafe matters tended to, you turn to more personal shopping. The needle, thread, and thimble are easy to find. You find a small kit with a few spools of different colors of thread for only 5M. You aren't sure that you expect Alice's talent to go much beyond simple mending, though.

The cheapest cookbook you find goes for a full 10M, though, a bit more than what you'd expected. The rest, though, dishwashing gloves, a box, candy, and tape, only total up to 6M, so.... in total, 21M of purchases. You pick up some relatively professional looking name-tags as an afterthought, with a place to slide small, provided cards into, though they run pricier than you expected. Another 6M goes to them, increasing your running total to 27....

Yes, ropes can wait, you decide. This will do, for now.

..... By now it's a bit into the afternoon, and Frank is awake. He's drinking something that looks like it started as tomato sauce, but had a raw egg cracked into it, was topped off with a splash of milk, and probably has some other stuff in it you can't identify right away.

He's watching something thoughtfully through the door to your bedroom.

Steeling yourself, you peek past him. You can just see the bed, with all the Hatate perched on the headboard, though the little ones don't seem to be anything like the state that Hatate is in, just watching curiously. Below, both Alices, elder and younger, are kneeling side by side on the bed, raptly watching the display of... what looks like an orgy, involving three men, two woman, a person of who's gender you aren't entirely certain how to classify, and multiple Reisen with bodies, in torn fishnet stockings and top hats. They're panting softly, not seeming to have noticed you or Frank watching yet, and...

It's not one of the tabs you picked out. You aren't entirely sure how Alice got there, through what you guess is just random clicking, but it's a fair bit more extreme, you think. You'd tried to stick to pretty simple and bland things.

"Huh." Frank says nonchalantly, closing the door. "That answers a couple of questions. Should probably give the girls a bit of privacy for this."

You aren't sure what to say, but Frank doesn't seem really bothered as he walks past you for the kitchen, and it's not like he's accusing you of anything.

---

1:27 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 39661
[x] Tell Frank not to eat raw eggs. It's unhealthy.
[x] Assemble trap. No need for tape anywhere but on the bottom, where the feet will go.
[x] Once Alice is done, find out what the hell the video was for. If it was for the purposes of the Talk, determining orientation, or similar, tell her she did a good job. If she just got distracted, reprimand her for losing focus.
[x] If the child Hatates were not watching to determine orientation, why were they there?
-[x] If Roof Hatate wanted them there, why did it want them there?

Seriously, don't eat raw eggs. Additionally, there may be a chance we can get non-perverted Hatates if Roof Hatate wanted them there to teach them perversion or something. Or they could have been just curious because they're only a day old.
>> No. 39664
[x] Tell Frank not to eat raw eggs. It's unhealthy.
[x] Assemble trap. No need for tape anywhere but on the bottom, where the feet will go.
[x] Once Alice is done, find out what the hell the video was for. If it was for the purposes of the Talk, determining orientation, or similar, tell her she did a good job. If she just got distracted, reprimand her for losing focus.
[x] If the child Hatates were not watching to determine orientation, why were they there?
-[x] If Roof Hatate wanted them there, why did it want them there?

Da fuck was up with the top hats?
>> No. 39665
[x] Assemble trap. No need for tape anywhere but on the bottom, where the feet will go.
[x] Once Alice is done, find out what the hell the video was for. If it was for the purposes of the Talk, determining orientation, or similar, tell her she did a good job. If she just got distracted, reprimand her for losing focus.
[x] If the child Hatates were not watching to determine orientation, why were they there?
-[x] If Roof Hatate wanted them there, why did it want them there?
>> No. 39667
[x] Approach them tenderly. Find out what that particular video is for.
-[x] After Alice is done, mark that video for later use and check the browser's history. What else did they watch?
-[x] Oh. Yeah, need to make sure they didn't click on spam ads/etc. Run an anti-virus.
[x] Did she leave the door open? She needs to be more careful about such things.
[x] Why were the Hatates there too?
[x] Tell Frank not to eat raw eggs. It's unhealthy.
[x] Discuss the business with Frank. The locations, the goods, etc.
[x] Assemble trap. No need for tape anywhere but on the bottom, where the feet will go.

Now guys, let's not be unreasonable here. There is no reason to scold Alice for that, we would do the same in a similar situation. It's not like they were making out without John.
>> No. 39668
File 13287219043.jpg - (115.95KB , 352x600 , isitspiesor.jpg ) [iqdb]
39668
Ignoring the whole bedroom matter, you focus on something else instead.

"Frank.... seriously, Frank, you shouldn't eat raw eggs. There's diseases you can get that way."

Frank makes a point out of slurping, loudly.

"Why did you even have eggs, with nothing to really cook them on?" He asks in turn, as though it counters your point.

"Habitual purchase. The fridge has to have eggs in it. Nevermind." You say, shaking your head. "I can't imagine that tastes good, anyway."

"Hangover cure. It's missing the vodka, though, you don't have any. But it kind of grows on you after a while." Frank says. "... Like fungus."

Well, you can't really go over there and snatch the concoction out of his hands, and he's almost done with it anyway. You leave things sitting, in that regard, and turn towards building yourself a trap out of these simple materials. .... It's a little trickier than you had expected, and you waste a bit of tape getting started, but you eventually set up a sticky-side-up layer of tape to go in the bottom of the box, and secure the edges to the bottom with more tape.

"What the fuck." Frank asks seriously, pointing at it.

"Trap. Leave a candy sitting there, they go in after it... they get stuck on the tape. Like flypaper." You explain. "Or one of those roach traps.

"Ehh...." Frank says, dubiously. "I dunno. Seems kinda iffy."

"Is there something wrong with it?" You ask, frowning.

"Well, just saying this, but it seems like any yukkuri you catch with that are either going to be tough-skinned enough that they can eat the candy and jump back out without much trouble, or fragile enough that you'll have to pour orange juice down their throats to grow back the bits that'll end up being pulled off when you get them out of there." He points out.

"I suppose you could do better?"

"... Besides, do you even have anywhere to set that thing up, yet?" He continues, instead of answering your question. "Not counting that you might end up with other things in there, even. You better keep that box closed and out of the way, or be ready to help them out of it all the time."

"Yes, it's mostly just something to waste time on until they're finished in there." You admit, closing the box up as some soft cries suggest that things have come to a close in your bedroom.

You enter, box in hand, and stow it in the closet before making a quick detour and offering the Alice some sheets of bathroom tissue to quickly wipe themself down with. Elder, collared Alice makes herself presentable quickly, and then deals with matters for the child, whose loopy grin makes it look like it'll be out of things for a little bit yet.

"Net thing." It says, dreamily. "Is the best thing."

"So." You lead in. You could probably get numbers on what child is interested in what, now, but there's something you want to ask first. "Was there a point to... this, or just..."

"Important." Alice insists. "Finding out with videos... was too much for Alice. Alice had to speak with the little Alice quickly, and talking ended up being... demon....um."

"Demonstration? You can't just give her the basics and let her work it out on her own?" You ask, dubiously. Alice is almost instantly shaking her head.

"Others, yes. Not important, for others." She explains. "Alice needs things, often, that others don't, as much. Or body gets hot and prickly and head gets fuzzy and empty, and Alice loses control. Unless Alice is a weird Alice, that doesn't need at all."

.... Wait, it's an actual almost completely species-wide physiological requirement, or some sort of nymphomania, and not just....

".... Good job, I guess. ...That didn't really get mentioned on the internet." You say, finishing in a mumble.

"Yeah, but it ain't exactly hard to guess at." Frank says, interjecting himself into the conversation, munching on a whole carrot. "Factory breeding gangs were mostly lucid, after the fact. For a little while. Half hour, maybe. Not too long."

"Alice can't let Need build up... mo.... can't leave it be." Alice explains awkwardly. "Or Need grabs on, and won't let go, and can't be pried off. Doing this makes it better for a while. Other things are better. But need others, and others don't Need all the time. Alice without hands are unlucky..." She says.

"It's kind of like one of those porny comic book games, where if you let the heroine's Lust stat max out, you'll never get it back down with the normal game mechanics, and you're stuck with the back-alley-prostitute ending." Frank says, thoughtfully.

"I don't know what the fuck you just said." You say, frowning.

"That's probably for the best!" Frank says, without missing a beat. "Probably need to check that thing for viruses, of course."

"Whatever. You do that later, then. Or now." You say, as he collects the laptop and saunters out with it.

.... You begin to realize that he'll probably make a habit of claiming that any weird thing you find in browsing history that wasn't you, now, was Alice. No matter.

"So, what's the story here?" You ask Hatate. The babies seem like they should be too young to be interested in this sort of thing. "Called them over to teach peeping, or something?"

"Hatate didn't call for babies. Babies were curious. Babies came on their own." Hatate says, still looking a little ruffled from the video.

"Uhuh." You say, then shrug. Still too young to be perverted about it. But it looks like they have a healthy level of interest in watching things, and the lechery they'll probably grow into on their own.

Trap-making and waiting out the Alice's bonding moment have taken a bit, it's starting to move towards afternoon in earnest. You already have the money you'll need on your person, plus a bit, but you should start thinking about what time you should leave, if you want to make it to your appointment a little early.

"... Hey, Johnny." Frank says, stepping away from the window. "You haven't been feeling like... you're being watched, or anything, have you?"

"No... not really. Why?" You ask.

"... Might just be paranoia. But I think Frida might be having one or two of her people keep an eye on us." Frank says, thoughtfully. "Not really a bad thing, just a little uncomfortable."

"And you base this on..." You ask.

"Well, I kept seeing this same guy everywhere the other night. Think he was tailing me, but he never tried to pull anything." Frank explains. "And I thought I saw someone in a suit, just now, looking through a window here with binoculars. Looked again, every one I saw had the blinds down and curtains closed, though. Might just be my imagination."

.... Yes, that thought is a little unnerving. It's not like either of you plan on trying to grab the money and run, though. Not really anywhere to run to, even if you thought about it. Assuming it's Frida's people watching you, of course, or that you're being watched at all and it isn't just alcohol pickling Frank's brain.

---

1:59 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 39669
Hatate is/are watchers? Make use of it, facing out the window and watching what's going on outside would be a decent thing to do during the day when they are bored and they might be able to pick out things.
>> No. 39671
[x] Examine the browser's history. There should be something 'useable' they saw.
[x] Ask Alice if the other babies will need a demonstration soon. Knowing their preferences would be good.
[x] Discuss business with Frank.
[x] Get ready to leave with Chen. Try to arrive 30 minutes early.
>> No. 39672
[x] Could be Frida's men, or could be someone worse.
-[x] Solution - call/visit either Frida or one of Frida's underlings to ask if they're keeping a watch on you, because it could be bad if it's someone else.
[x] Talk about the former ice cream parlor with Frank and ask him to start finding buyers interested in buying yukkuri - particularly our blob Tenshis.
[x] Smear the innermost face of the box traps with some kind of sweet food that will force the yukkuri to enter the box fully and lick at it.
[x] Place the traps in alleyways near our apartment - check to see if it's okay with our landlord.
[x] Head over to the dude with the Suika.
>> No. 39673
[x] Examine the browser's history. There should be something 'useable' they saw.
[x] Ask Alice if the other babies will need a demonstration soon. Knowing their preferences would be good.
[x] Discuss business with Frank.
[x] Could be Frida's men, or could be someone worse.
-[x] Solution - call/visit either Frida or one of Frida's underlings to ask if they're keeping a watch on you, because it could be bad if it's someone else.
[x] Get ready to leave with Chen. Try to arrive 30 minutes early.
>> No. 39675
[x] Could be Frida's men, or could be someone worse.
-[x] Solution - call/visit either Frida or one of Frida's underlings to ask if they're keeping a watch on you, because it could be bad if it's someone else.
[x] Ask him what he meant by "That answers a couple of questions..."
[x] Discuss business with Frank.
[x] Examine the browser's history. There should be something 'useable' they saw.
[x] Ask Alice if the other babies will need a demonstration soon. Knowing their preferences would be good.
[x] Head over to the dude with the Suika when it's time. Do try to arrive a bit earlier. Don't forget tot ake Chen.
>> No. 39676
[x] Get numbers on what child is interested in what.
[x] Could be Frida's men, or could be someone worse.
-[x] Solution - call/visit either Frida or one of Frida's underlings to ask if they're keeping a watch on you, because it could be bad if it's someone else.
--[x] If they haven't, put some more thought into buying that shotgun.
[x] Talk about the former ice cream parlor with Frank and ask him to start finding buyers interested in buying yukkuri - particularly our blob Tenshis.
-[x] And if we don't need paste, the buris apparently make excellent children's pets.
[x] Head over to the dude with the Suika when it's time. Do try to arrive a bit earlier. Don't forget to take Chen.
-[x] Apologize for being early, but if the father isn't right there when they're born, they'll latch on to whoever's closest.
>> No. 39677
[x] Get numbers on what child is interested in what.
[x] Could be Frida's men, or could be someone worse.
-[x] Solution - call/visit either Frida or one of Frida's underlings to ask if they're keeping a watch on you, because it could be bad if it's someone else.
--[x] If they haven't, put some more thought into buying that shotgun.
[x] Talk about the former ice cream parlor with Frank and ask him to start finding buyers interested in buying yukkuri - particularly our blob Tenshis.
-[x] And if we don't need paste, the buris apparently make excellent children's pets.
[x] Head over to the dude with the Suika when it's time. Do try to arrive a bit earlier. Don't forget to take Chen.
-[x] Apologize for being early, but if the father isn't right there when they're born, they'll latch on to whoever's closest.
>> No. 39678
Yes, Frida, a career criminal, is going to tell you, openly and honestly, that she has people keeping tabs on you even though they're obviously trying not to be seen. I can not think of any way this course of action might fail.
>> No. 39679
[x] Get numbers on what child is interested in what.
[x] Could be Frida's men, or could be someone worse.
-[x] Solution - call/visit either Frida or one of Frida's underlings to ask if they're keeping a watch on you, because it could be bad if it's someone else.
--[x] If they haven't, put some more thought into buying that shotgun.
[x] Talk about the former ice cream parlor with Frank and ask him to start finding buyers interested in buying yukkuri - particularly our blob Tenshis.
-[x] And if we don't need paste, the buris apparently make excellent children's pets.
[x] Head over to the dude with the Suika when it's time. Do try to arrive a bit earlier. Don't forget to take Chen.
-[x] Apologize for being early, but if the father isn't right there when they're born, they'll latch on to whoever's closest.
>> No. 39680
>>39678
I don't consider it all that fantastical a question because I don't think the mob has anything to gain if they're keeping an eye on John and lies if he asks about it. And in the case that it's not the mob, then this serves as a warning to the mob that someone's possibly targeting John.
>> No. 39681
File 132875908558.jpg - (707.58KB , 800x600 , daww.jpg ) [iqdb]
39681
The first impulse hitting you right now is to check the history on the laptop, to see what they all ended up looking at.

"Don't mess with that right now." Frank says. "I've got virus checking and removal going. Not expecting too much though, glanced through histories and didn't recognize any sites that I know dump stuff on your computer."

... You guess he would know, he did work in a computer repair shop for a couple weeks. Which is more than you ever have. You leave the laptop sitting, programs running quickly, and do something else, first.

"Alright then, Alice..." You say, uncertain of how to phrase things, but trying to keep your voice low enough that Frank wouldn't overhear unless he was really trying for some reason. "Will any of the others be needing a demonstration, soon? And I guess I should know who's interested in what, since I had you find that out..."

Alice blinks slowly.

"Um... Alice doesn't think that the others... will need to be shown, like Alice. Telling should be fine. But if they do, then Tenshi or Chen should take care of it, like telling..."

She is clearly thinking for a few moments, then nods.

"If Master wants Alice to show the rest, though, then Alice can do that. Or if Master wants to show-"

"Not quite what I was getting at." You say. "I'll just have you tell me who is interested in what, then."

Alice nods, and then starts pointing to the children tested, one by one, and letting you know what they reacted to. You take rapid mental note of things.

.... Every last one of Alice's first litter, right down to Shanghai, reacted just as strongly, if not more so, to humans as they did to videos of their own type. That's a little startling, to be honest. Especially that Shanghai had been tested, actually, since you don't believe she is ever going to get big enough size-wise to breed, and her type is noted to be sterile besides. But she is the right age group for the testing...

One of the Tenshi, she explains hesitantly, also showed enough reaction to what takes you a few minutes to realize is the description of a tentacle cartoon to be noteworthy.

The run-down on the rest of the ones she tested isn't as surprising. Of Chen's litter, only two displayed a reaction to humans, a bodied Chen and Tenshi. Of Tenshi's, only four: one bodied and one blob of either type, showed interest. The rest remain interested only in other yukkuri of their own body type.

She didn't check any of Reimu or Marisa's, though you aren't really sure that either of them would have let her take them out of the crib, or that trying to was really a good idea.

"Why did you show them a tentacle show, though?" you ask, seriously.

"Master said check, so Alice checked everything that Alice could find. Alice clicked lots... but didn't find any videos with animals, though." She says, seeming slightly sad that she'd failed, there.

"That might be for the best, actually." You say, awkwardly.

She doesn't seem to really get it, but goes to tend to the children when you rise. The younger Alice seems a lot more clingy, now, sticking close to her as much as possible, though she does look your way for a moment before being herded back into playtime.

.... Shanghai. Really. Well. It probably won't hurt her effectiveness as a mascot, though. You guess you'll have to keep an eye on that Tenshi in case she ever crosses paths with squid or octupi or the like, too. Oh well.

"Frank... do you have Frida's number?" You ask simply.

"Do you think I have it?" He replies, looking startled. After a moment, he rubs his temple. "No. I don't. I meet these people at parties sometimes, or run into them places. We're not really close friends. I did ask for Frida's, though, so there's that much backing you, but I don't have it."

"I see." You say, thoughtfully.

"If you want to talk to them, you'll have to track them down yourself. Or happen across one of them." Frank says. "If it's about the maybe-stalking thing, then don't bother them about it. There's no harm done."

"I'm more worried that it might not be them, really." You admit. "If there's someone stalking you at all. They have a reason. Competitors in this thing probably have a reason. Someone else, who knows what they're after, or want."

".... Could just be after my firm, shapely glutes." Frank muses. "... Not that that's a good thing, mind you."

"I guess. Not really anything to be done if you can't get in contact with them. I might be able to get through my landlord's home phone..."

Frank is shaking his head.

"Like I said Johnny, just leave it be for now. If someone is watching, it's probably going to be them, and nothing to be done about it. Can't imagine they'd be really happy about you calling 'em on it, either. And there's no reason for them to admit to it, even if they are."

"I suppose so." You say, admitting defeat. You shelve the thought, temporarily. You'll definitely bring it up if you happen across one of them, though, or if you notice being shadowed yourself. Time for other matters, though. "In any case, I'd like to discuss something else. I've found a... pretty good location. You remember that old ice cream shop?"

".... oh hey, yeah!" He says, after a moment. "That place available?"

"I've spoken to the owner, and he's willing to cut me a discount on rent. It's pretty expensive still, though.... two fifty a week."

".... Two hundred and fifty." Frank says, looking suddenly less enthused. "That's... a big number, Johnny. Especially weekly. Don't get me wrong, the location is great and all, but at that price..."

"It's not the rent that pushed the place out of business. Equipment trouble: the freezer broke, and the owner couldn't make money until it was repaired, which took a lot longer than he thought it would." You explain.

".... hrm. I don't know, Johnny. Geeze, and I'm supposed to be the charming risk-taker too, here." he complains. "It's risky. But yeah, I heard that place did a whole lot of business before it shut down. I guess that's fine. Yeah, it'll do." He says, as though convincing himself.

"You agree, then?" You ask.

"Yeah, place sounds good. Need to find somewhere to start selling from in the next week or two anyway, if we want to pay that debt back. You're really the one taking the risk here, anyway." He says."

"You co-signed." You point out. "You're as liable in this as I am."

"That's true. But let's face it, Johnny boy. You can't seriously say you wouldn't look a lot better in a dress than I would." He says, smugly teasing.

"Th-thats... how did that even come up?" You ask.

"I've talked to Frida a time or two. Doesn't take much to guess at the sort of penalties or repayment she'd go with." Frank says, crossing his arms. "And seriously. I would look like a disaster zone, but you would look nice."

"... This conversation took a weird and very uncomfortable turn, somewhere." You say, not sure whether to be bizarrely flattered or understandably horrified.

"Look, I'm just saying. We fuck up? She'll probably rent our assholes by the hour... but draw is a big factor. Sure, I might have to suck a few dicks while some people wait for a spot in line to open up. But you, buddy. You are going to be gangbang island in the middle of an ocean of spunk, the S.S.Salami bringing in new tourists hourly." Frank says, the look on his face far too serious for the subject matter for you to be anything even vaguely happy about it.

"You're giving far to much thought to this." You say, sharply.

"I'm just saying. You've still got a little more riding on this than I do. Not too much, but-"

"Enough."

He shrugs, after a moment.

"Anyway, yeah, by the park is fine. I'll go for that. Hope you know what you're doing, though."

It looks, at a glance, like the program is finished running. Time for you to beat a hasty verbal retreat from this topic.

"Anyway, just remember to ask around for people looking to buy. Especially blob Tenshi." You say, setting down at the laptop.

"Yeah, you told me already, I'm keeping an eye out." Frank says, lounging down on the couch.

You go to check the histories.

It looks like one of the functions of the virus-checker thing was to delete all browsing history. You kind of feel like yelling at Frank. You put the urge aside, though, since it probably wasn't that important anyway.

The clock is closing on three, but that's still a ways off, and you have a while after that before you have to go, if you want to get to your appointment a half hour or so early. Having nothing else in mind, it's time to waste time.

Eight long and thoughtful games of minesweeper later, at around fourish, you rise and stretch your legs. It's about time to go. You call Chen, and make your way out, checking before you leave to be sure that you haven't forgotten the money you'll need, somehow.

You keep a sharp eye open for any theoretical stalkers, but you don't see anything out of the usual. Not even the slightest hint suggests that someone might be following you around, right now. Maybe Frank really was just imagining things. .... or mabye whoever's tailing you is just better than whoever's tailing him.

Oh boy. Paranoia. You didn't really want to sleep tonight much anyway.

You knock at the mans door, when you arrive, and he answers a bit slowly.

"Yeah...? Oh, 's you. Got the money?" He says, stepping back to let you in.

"Would I really come here without it?" You ask.

"Eh. Figured I'd be sure. You're kinda early, anyhow." He says.

"Yes, I've noted that if their real father isn't present at birth, they tend to latch onto the first living thing they see..."

The man snorts.

"Didn't notice that. 'Course, they were already squeezed out and all when I woke up, couple'a hours back."

".... Oh." You say. Really, it's all you can.

"You're a lucky guy, though. Damn lucky." He says, as he leads you into the living room.

It only takes a moment to see why he says that. Settled down on the floor next to the parent Suika are ten children. Six Chen, all blobs. Three Suika, also blobs. And a single, just one, bodied Suika leaning up against a sibling and snoring.

You hand over the money wordlessly, not blinking.

"Deal was as you'd pick one, and I'd divide the rest 'tween us." The man says, then continues on with a dry "Can't imagine as to which you might want most, from this lot. Take your time picking. Ain't in no rush."

As though there's really a question.

---

4:32 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 39683
[x] Introduce the father so they won't be too worried about leaving the mother.
[x] Take home bodied Suika and whatever else you get.
[x] Make plans to start renting out the parkside place in a week.
[x] Order cash register, heating lights, microwave, toaster, and coffee-maker.

>>39682
I agree with this chap, if we're going to open a cafe, we should get started. It's unfortunate that we haven't picked up a yukkuri capable of handling the register though.
>> No. 39684
[x] Introduce the father so they won't be too worried about leaving the mother.
[x] Take home bodied Suika and whatever else you get.
[x] Make plans to start renting out the parkside place in a week.
[x] Order cash register, heating lights, microwave, toaster, and coffee-maker.
>> No. 39688
[x] Take home bodied Suika and whatever else you get.
[x] If needed, introduce the father so they won't be too worried about leaving the mother.
[x] Call the factory/Sam. Since you're starting a food business the 2-yukkuri-per-person restriction might not apply to consumable yukkuri.
-[x] If the restriction doesn't apply, Cirnos would be good ice-cream components.
-[x] Check selling prices for normal blob/bodied Suikas, while you're at it.
[x] Make plans to start renting out the parkside place in a week.
-[x] Check the place first, as well as the closest location.
[x] Find a refrigerator to buy and an ice-cream supplier.

While the park location is indeed a very good one, we should also check the others. "Check" as in "Visit the place".

Also added some things that might be of interest, specially the ice-cream and factory lines.
>> No. 39689
[x] Take home bodied Suika and whatever else you get.
[x] If needed, introduce the father so they won't be too worried about leaving the mother.
[x] Call the factory/Sam. Since you're starting a food business the 2-yukkuri-per-person restriction might not apply to consumable yukkuri.
-[x] If the restriction doesn't apply, Cirnos would be good ice-cream components.
-[x] Check selling prices for normal blob/bodied Suikas, while you're at it.
[x] Make plans to start renting out the parkside place in a week.
-[x] Check the place first, as well as the closest location.
[x] Find a refrigerator to buy and an ice-cream supplier.

Changed vote, previous one deleted.
>> No. 39690
[x] Take home bodied Suika and whatever else you get.
[x] If needed, introduce the father so they won't be too worried about leaving the mother.
[x] Call the factory/Sam. Since you're starting a food business the 2-yukkuri-per-person restriction might not apply to consumable yukkuri.
-[x] If the restriction doesn't apply, Cirnos would be good ice-cream components.
-[x] Check selling prices for normal blob/bodied Suikas, while you're at it.
[x] Make plans to start renting out the parkside place in a week.
-[x] Check the place first, as well as the closest location.
[x] Find a refrigerator to buy and an ice-cream supplier.
>> No. 39691
[x] Introduce the father so they won't be too worried about leaving the mother.
[x] Take home bodied Suika and whatever else you get.
[x] Make plans to start renting out the parkside place in a week.
[x] Order cash register, heating lights, microwave, toaster, and coffee-maker.
>> No. 39692
>>39682 here, modifying vote to check out ticket place.
[x] Introduce the father so they won't be too worried about leaving the mother.
[x] Take home bodied Suika and whatever else you get.
[x] Check out ticket place.
[x] Make plans to start renting out the parkside place in a week.
[x] Order cash register, heating lights, microwave, toaster, and coffee-maker.

Let's start making progress toward opening a place. We really need to decide what types of chairs and tables we'll get, but we definitely need the above.
>> No. 39693
>Rachel

Well, there you go, a good bachelorette for our dear Johny. If you guys want to pursue her, I will follow you.
>> No. 39694
File 132883779974.jpg - (311.24KB , 800x600 , 1b78d6d390487096833b1c1e174bac3d2000cc3c.jpg ) [iqdb]
39694
Obviously, you're going to be going with the only, unexpected, bodied Suika of the lot. You reach down and pick her up gently without a second thought.

"Huh. I never would have guessed it." The man says, sarcasm dripping from his voice. "Well, now I divide the rest up. I'll have these five... and you get these four, here. Even split."

That's fair enough. Sure, every single one the man gave you is a Chen, leaving the bodied one sprawled in your palm and cuddling your thumb in its sleep the only Suika you're getting out of this, but you can always breed more. And since it has a body, as long as it breeds with another bodied yukkuri, odds of bodied children are up significantly.

Even if you were only taking the one, and leaving the rest with him, it would be a deal in your favor, you suspect. You guess he knows that too, but fortunately enough, it looks like he's a man of his word.

"Ch-chen doesn'd ged id..." One of the little ones wailed, as he forcibly moved them away from the also-snoring mother. "Wad ij mischer doing?"

"You ain't my problem any more. You're going with this guy, here." The man explains, callously, depositing the infants in a worn shoebox.

"B-bud! Mommy! Mwommy ij chtill-"

"Yes, your mother is staying here. But look. I've brought someone else to meet you." You say, getting the infant's attention before the teary wails that are threatening spill out. "It's daddy. You see? You're leaving mommy behind, but you get to live with daddy, now."

"Da.... dwaddie...?" The infant says haltingly, staring wide-eyed at Chen, who leans over the box speculatively. "... It'j! Dwaddie!" She exclaims, unappiness already forgotten in the face of what it somehow recognizes as a parental figure. The chosen siblings join in surprised glee as the shoebox is shoved into Chen's grip.

"And there you go." The man says. "Go on now, get. I got a bottle of Jack waiting on me, and the sooner you're gone, the sooner I can go buy it."

"Much obliged." You say politely, as the man all but bodily picks you up and deposits you outside of the door in his haste to see you gone. The lock clicks shut behind you.

"... Pleasant guy." You mumble to yourself as you walk away. You guess you can't really complain, though.

You see on your way back that the ticket exchange booth is up and running, now, as the worker had said it would be. Doesn't seem like it's doing a lot of business right now, though. You kind of want to take a look, just to see what they have to offer, but at this exact moment you have other things on your mind. Getting these home, for one, and for another...

Suika is still asleep by the time you get back to the apartment, and Chen looks a little tired from carrying the old shoebox about. She seems happy to set it down, and let the infants inside meet their older half-siblings. Frank looks at first to have nodded off again, but he groans and rises after a moment, only to blink at what you're carrying.

".... Lucky." He says.

"Yes. I need to place an order, now..." You say, setting the Suika almost too-carefully onto the table before settling yourself down onto the laptop.

"... You know, you didn't have a drop of booze in here, before." Frank says thoughtfully, as you flip through pages, making arrangements. Cash on delivery, yes, sending them here... "You might want to pick up a six pack from somewhere. I mean, they're made of booze, and all, but from what I get they also really like their drink. Just as a treat, to keep her happy."

"Do you think I need to?" You say, pausing. "I mean... she does make alcohol on her own."

"... Yeah, I guess that you could collect what comes out." Frank says. "And wait a while before putting it back in. Thought is a bit odd now that I'm totally sober, though."

You shrug, and get back to placing orders.... there. Order placed, cash on delivery, they should arrive sometime the day after tomorrow. The equipment can sit here until you're ready to cart it over to the cafe.

You stretch a little in your seat, and notice that you set Suika down right near the traumatized Reimu. She doesn't seem to really respond to the newcomer in any noticable way, though. Doesn't seem like she's started getting better yet, if she's going to at all. You haven't really seen any growth, either. Maybe it's been stunted by the starvation? Huh.

---

5:04 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 39695
[x] Cull the bottle Reimu.
[x] Smear its bean paste on the innermost face of the box traps in even layers so that yukkuri need to squirm into the box to lick the sweet-sweets.
[x] Set one of the traps on the roof and the rest in nearby alleyways.
[x] Check with the landlord if he's present to see if it's okay with him.
[x] Buy booze to keep the Suika in line later.
>> No. 39697
>[x] Set one of the traps on the roof and the rest in nearby alleyways.

Chen hasn't sniffed a single stray ever since Hatate, and John has walked around the city with her for a good time now. Do you really hope to find anything with this?

[x] Call the owners of the city center and parkside locations. You'd like to visit the places before renting.
[x] Call the factory, check prices for Suikas.
-[x] Since you're starting a food business the 2-yukkuri-per-person restriction might not apply to consumable yukkuri.
-[x] If the restriction doesn't apply, Cirnos would be good ice-creams.
[x] Try to get any positive reaction from the traumatized Reimu. You're planning to be a shrink, aren't you?
>> No. 39698
[x] Keep the trap closed and out of the way until there's a yukkuri population worth speaking of.
[x] Has the bottle Reimu been eating? Maybe you need to tell it to eat.
[x] Consider if you need yukkuri filling. If not, tell Frank to see about finding somebody who wants the buris.
[x] Call Ol' Sam.
-[x] Does the two-yukkuri limit count for food products?
-[x] Check prices for Suikas and Cirnos.
-[x] Ask about getting a collar for your Shanghai.
[x] If you're going to rent the parkside location, you'll need Cirnos to use the freezer, since it broke. Have Frank keep an eye out for them, and maybe visit Crazy Chasad's to see if they have any.
[x] Check out Ticket Booth.
>> No. 39699
>>39697
Not really.

I was one of the Anons who were talking about setting up traps a couple of threads back and I was really surprised when Anon actually voted to make traps a couple of votes ago - since I couldn't think of anything pressing immediately, I figured we might as well as finish the traps and let them loose. It's a real long shot but those boxes aren't doing anything sitting in our apartment and might even be dangerous if our yukkuri get into them.
>> No. 39700
[x] Keep the trap closed and out of the way until there's a yukkuri population worth speaking of.
[x] Has the bottle Reimu been eating? Maybe you need to tell it to eat.
[x] Consider if you need yukkuri filling. If not, tell Frank to see about finding somebody who wants the buris.
[x] Call Ol' Sam.
-[x] Does the two-yukkuri limit count for food products?
-[x] Check prices for Suikas and Cirnos.
-[x] Ask about getting a collar for your Shanghai.
[x] If you're going to rent the parkside location, you'll need Cirnos to use the freezer, since it broke. Have Frank keep an eye out for them.
[x] Check out Ticket Booth.

Let's not deal with "Crazy Chasad" unless we have no other option, first competition and he is the only one profitting right now, second if the /tg/ meme is applicable then we are gonna end with something like osa-yukkuris or with a "deal we can't refuse".
>> No. 39701
>>39700
Come to think of it, considering the sheer ridiculousness (in numbers) of yukkuri infestations, John should have some idea of the timing in the yukkuri exterminations. He should have some idea of how long it's been since the last infestation and approximately how long it'll be until there's need for another clean-up.
>> No. 39702
>>39700

Chassad's score is negative. How is that profit?
>>39701

The last one wasn't that long ago. When the time for the next one comes, we should be seeing yukkuri left and right.
Chen hasn't sniffed a single stray ever since Hatate, and John has walked around the city with her for a good time now. Do you really hope to find anything with this?

[x] Call the owners of the city center and parkside locations. You'd like to visit the places before renting.
[x] Call the factory, check prices for Suikas.
-[x] Since you're starting a food business the 2-yukkuri-per-person restriction might not apply to consumable yukkuri.
-[x] If the restriction doesn't apply, Cirnos would be good ice-creams.
-[x] Ask about getting a collar for your Shanghai. Say it's for a newborn bodied yukkuri you'd like to keep baby sized.
[x] Try to get any positive reaction from the traumatized Reimu.
>> No. 39703
>>39702
>Say it's for a newborn bodied yukkuri you'd like to keep baby sized.

If you're attempting to keep the fact that we have a Shanghai known by as few people as possible, Sam already knows.
>> No. 39704
[x] Call the owners of the city center and parkside locations. You'd like to visit the places before renting.
[x] Call the factory, check prices for Suikas.
-[x] Since you're starting a food business the 2-yukkuri-per-person restriction might not apply to consumable yukkuri.
-[x] If the restriction doesn't apply, Cirnos would be good ice-creams.
-[x] Ask about getting a collar for your Shanghai.
[x] Try to get any positive reaction from the traumatized Reimu.
>> No. 39705
[x] Call the owner of the parkside location. You're planning to rent in a week, but you'd like to visit tomorrow for planning the layout and such.
[x] Keep the trap closed and out of the way until there's a yukkuri population worth speaking of.
[x] Has the bottle Reimu been eating? Maybe you need to tell it to eat.
[x] Consider if you need yukkuri filling. If not, tell Frank to see about finding somebody who wants the buris.
[x] Call Ol' Sam.
-[x] Does the two-yukkuri limit count for food products?
-[x] Check prices for Suikas and Cirnos.
-[x] Ask about getting a collar for your Shanghai.
-[x] Does he happen to have any experience with Suikas?
[x] If you're going to rent the parkside location, you'll need Cirnos to use the freezer, since it broke. Have Frank keep an eye out for them.
-[x] Check ice cream prices.
[x] Check out Ticket Booth.

I really don't see the point of trying to get a positive reaction out of that Reimu. We already know what's wrong with it, and frankly, it's more useful as it is. In fact, looking back, nobody has offered any justification or intended result other than "You're planning to be a shrink, aren't you?" in the first vote for it.

I also am unsold on whether Cirno ice creams are a good idea. It's quite possible that we can purchase normal ice cream at a cheaper price, and normal ice cream appeals to yukkuri lovers as well.
>> No. 39707
I've calculated how much Money some different ways of furnishing our place are going to take. I've assumed that we'll be staying away from the crude and fine levels of quality, the former for their splinters and the latter for their cost. Prices given are for 8, 10, and 12 tables respectively, at four chairs per table.

Tables nice, chairs nice: 960M, 1200M, 1440M.
Tables good, chairs nice: 1260M, 1600M, 1920M.
Tables nice, chairs good: 1600M, 2000M, 2400M.
Tables good, chairs good: 1920M, 2400M, 2880M.

Small display: Add 50M per, probably does not take table space.
Large display: Add 250M per, counts as two tables.

Also, we should pick an ordering model, because it affects what kinds of training we'll need to give out yukkuris. I've outlined a few and provided examples of food franchises I'm familiar with that use said style (or something close).

Order-and-Wait: Customers arrive, go to a table, place an order, get said order delivered to their table, eat, pay, and leave. Uses waitresses. Examples include Arby's and TGIF.
Line-and-Wait: Customers arrive, enter a line, place an order, pay, go to a table, get said order delivered to their table, eat, and leave. Uses waitresses. Easily modified to offer food to go. Examples include Noodles and Culver's.
Line-and-Eat: Customers arrive, enter a line, place an order, pay, get their food, go to a table, eat, and leave. Doesn't really use waitresses. Easily modified to offer food to go. Examples include Starbucks and Panera.

I personally prefer the second one, as it offers something to those who want to have a waitress, as well as to those who are just there because of the convenient parkside location and simply want food quickly.
>> No. 39708
>>39702
Where are the scores? last time I checked some time ago he was the leading one.

>>39707
"Line and wait" seems like the least training intensive method that still keeps the spirit of the concept, but "order and wait" is the ideal for "kayfabe" of a maid cafe.
>> No. 39710
>>39708
Unless Kahi changed the scores, Lucky Jack should be the one leading, not Chad.
>> No. 39711
File 132892125355.jpg - (16.00KB , 350x300 , mystery-box-350x300.jpg ) [iqdb]
39711
You pick up the traumatized Reimu and think for a second. It's been eating, whenever you give it food, so it's not so far gone as to have forgotten it needs to eat at all. That alone suggests that it might make some kind of recovery from its current state.

... Probably not on its own, though. And putting in the time to try fixing what you've broken would probably require some amount of effort on your part. You might have screwed up a little, here, but maybe it would be better to just put it out of its misery now. It probably won't even notice, in this state...

As though giving the lie to that thought, as your fingers start to automatically close, she picks now to start struggling a little in your hand, crying, almost in a prescient display of understanding what was about to happen.

"Reimu doesn't wanna... R-reimu will be good, mister... please-" She chokes out, starting to panic from even the slight compression. Mildly alarmed by this, you immediately relax your grip. Reimu collapse onto her side on your palm and just lies there, trembling and breathing heavily.

"...Sorry about that." You say, not sure what you should really say or do about this. "Are you alright, there?"

You don't get an answer, and her eyes are heavily dilated, now. Isn't that a terror-response? Jeeze... it looks like she's completely convinced you're about to kill her.

Well, it's not like the thought wasn't on your mind, though. Along with the half-formed thought of smearing what's left inside the box-trap. Not a great idea, of course, because baby yukkuri are, what... barely the size of maybe walnuts, ping-pong balls? At that size, not really much of a draw, and like you've thought before, it'll probably be at least a couple more weeks before strays start to cautiously move back into the city again, so there's not really much to be lured by it. And you still have the remains of that other one sitting in your fridge, to boot.

"Hey. Are you listening?" You ask, poking gently at her. The trembling increases in intensity.

"R-reimu doesn't.... Reimu doesn't wanna die..." she rasps softly, voice a little distorted from choking back sobs. "... Reimu will do whatever mister says, so..."

"Geeze. That's not what I asked at all." You groan.

Whatever, though. You have other things to do, you can't waste too much time right now on trauma counseling. You'll keep her close at hand for a bit in case she calms down, though.

You don't really need much bean paste, except maybe for the trap, like you thought a minute ago. But why the hell did you buy that candy for bait if you weren't going to use it as bait? There's no reason that it shouldn't work just as well as any other sweet thing for the purpose, and you should have more than plenty. When the time comes, anyway. Until then, the thing can stay right where it is right now, inside your closet where nobody can accidentally get into it, with the rest of that roll of tape sitting on top of the lid.

In any case, you should have Frank keep on the lookout for buyers for the premature yukkuri. You've already told him to do that though, and if you keep repeating it over and over, he'll get all sulky about how you don't trust him to remember to do one simple thing. And you already reminded him about finding buyers just earlier this afternoon. Probably shouldn't nag him about it again just yet.

But there is this one thing.

"Hey, Frank. Cirnos are the... there the ones that make it a bit colder around them, right?" You call. "You mind keeping an eye out for anyone with those?"

"Yeah, sure." He calls back, pausing in the telephone conversation he started by the kitchen at some point. "You know there's no promises I'll find anything, right?"

"Just keep an eye out, that's fine." You reply, fishing your own phone out of your pocket.

You don't really have a great feeling about the central location, somehow. Sure, it's a higher traffic location, but the size seems too small to do much business. You quickly ring up both of the owners anyway, and set up appointments for tomorrow to take a look inside the places. Tomorrow afternoon, around one and two-ish, for first the central location and then the parkside one. It shouldn't take a full hour for either of them, but you're estimating generously to be sure you have time to walk from one to the other after you're through.

The next place to call is the Factory, or rather, Sam. He sounds busy when you get through to him.

"Sorry, laddy, can't be talkin' long. Supervisor's 'ave alla us pullin' overtime to be ready for this thing what's happenin'. But how c'n ol' Sam help ye out?"

"Well... first, I've got an idle question. I'm going into a food business, and so I was wondering if limitations applied to-"

"Cain't." Sam interrupts. "Sorry, laddie. But jus's much as people what we've already got contracts goin' with an' business runnin's don' count for this contest, can't be makin' new arrangements while's goin' on." He explains. "Can still be keepin' old business going, but new business' all but shut down f'r th' time bein'. Can't sell ye no more live yukkuri, can't sell ye any processed'n's either. Ye'll have t'be self-sufficient."

"... I see." You say, not terribly surprised. You'd been a little worried that that would be the case. "Never mind that, then. I'd also like to check your standard prices for Suika and Cirno..."

"Won't do ye much good, as've just said can't be sellin' ye none or they'll have me job." Sam says. "Cirno don't be too terribly pop'lar, though. Go for round-bouts.... what's it, se'eny? Aye, 70M f'r an adult blob. Suika' bit more. 'bout 120. People don't really like havin' t'deal wi' th' horns, an' all, or havin' em off usually, or'd be more."

"Alright. Thank you." You say. "One last thing... I'd like to ask about collars."

"Aye? That now, ol' Sam can help ye with." he says, seeming to be happier with this topic. "S'long as these're ones ye intend to keep, anyhow. Have to be puttin' your information on'm same as the rest. Procedure, don'cha know."

"Yes, I understand." You say. ".... Do you have different sizes, actually?"

"Hrm, well, size cuts of at what ye've got, stop'm at a stannard fivish feet. Give or take a bit." Sam says. "Can't really do bigger'n that, don't have'm in stock. Not 'nough interest, an' size starts t'be a problem."

"I meant... smaller, really." You say.

"Ah... that, can do." Sam says. "Some prefer as they stay a size'r twa smaller."

"Do you have them in infant size?" You ask, seriously.

"... Aye, thinkin' I can find one or two." Sam says, not really bothering to ask about whys. "They'll all run ye 'bout the same surcharge, I'm 'fraid. Collars're 'gratis' wi' purchase an' all, but ye bring one in from outside th' Fact'ry for'n, ye'll have to pay t'get 'em on. 'tis ten fer startin' the machine running, plus one fer every collar ye put on. Ye'll be wantin' t' do all the ones ye want t'keep in one batch, knowin' that."

"Yes, of course." You agree. Collaring one, then bringing another in the next day would just be dumb, in conditions like that.

"An' I'll have t' be goin' now lad, ol' Sam's wanted." Sam says, quickly. "If ye've got more, 'fraid ye'll have t' call back 'nother time."

The line goes dead as Sam hangs up on you, and you stare at the phone for a moment before shrugging and putting it away. Reimu seems to have calmed down a little, now, if only by virtue of the fact that she's fallen asleep. Or fainted from terror. One of those, you're sure. She's still trembling a little, though.

You set her down on the table as you rise. There's one more thing you want to do, but it's probably better you go alone. You make sure, again, to keep an eye out for anyone following or watching you suspiciously, and again you notice absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.

"... So, what's the story here?" You ask, looking at the booth curiously. There's a cash register, a jar of shiny golden coins, the details of which you can't make out, and a box of... smaller boxes, with question marks painted on the sides, in purple.

"Ticket exchange." The attendant says, hood of his hoodie up and shading his eyes in a way that you suspect he intended to be mysterious and menacing, but in point of fact just comes off as him trying too hard.

"And that means... what, to me?" You ask more specifically.

"You bring me tickets. I make the exchange." The man says, unhelpfully. "I'm authorized to offer three things, currently. 20M. A 'Token'. And a 'Mystery Box'. One ticket can be exchanged for any of these things." He explains, only slightly less unhelpfully.

Well, the money is an obvious thing. The rest, less so.

"So, this 'Token'. Tell me about that." You ask.

"One Ticket can be exchanged for one Token." The man says, unmoved. "I am unable to give further details at this time."

".... Okay. So how about the Mystery Box?" You ask, hoping for a little more information there.

"One Ticket can be exchanged for one Mystery Box. The contents of the Mystery Box are unknown. Anything, or nothing, may be inside." The man says, refusing to divulge any further detail than that.

---

5:45 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 39713
[x] Head home.
[x] Observe/play with the newcomers.
[x] Ask Alice about the Reimu and Marisa's teaching. You know they aren't doing well, but are they making progress?
[x] So far, you've just located desserts. Research actual meal items.
[x] Design a logo of a Shanghai standing in a coffee cup, waving cheerfully at the viewer and smiling.

If we aren't making progress with the Reimus and Marisas, we may need to just dump this set and get two new litters that are the offspring of a factory trained one.
>> No. 39714
[x] Turn the guy down. Apparently, keeping the tickets are the same as exchanging them: a mystery.
[x] Head to Chad's place and see what his business is about.
>> No. 39715
[x] Buy sandwich ingredients.
[x] Head home.
[x] Observe/play with the newcomers.
[x] So far, you've just located desserts. Research actual meal items.
[x] Teach Alice to make sandwiches.
>> No. 39718
[x] You're curious - how did this guy end up working for the Demon Queen?
[x] Buy sandwich ingredients.
-[x] And maybe some of those kid's fake sandwiches so training needn't waste them.
[x] Head home.
[x] Observe/play with the newcomers.
[x] So far, you've just located desserts. Research actual meal items.
[x] Come to think of it, did Frank ever work as a cook?
[x] Teach Alice to make sandwiches.
[x] Ask Alice about the Reimu and Marisa's teaching. You know they aren't doing well, but are they making progress?
[x] Design a logo of a Shanghai standing in a coffee cup, waving cheerfully at the viewer and smiling.

You guys know what I'm talking about, right? There's bread and lettuce and baloney and shit, and they're all made outta wood or plastic, and they have some Velcro on them so they stick together.
>> No. 39719
File 132901667329.png - (70.64KB , 837x543 , logo.png ) [iqdb]
39719
Well, the tokens sound just inscrutably vague enough to probably be important for something or another, but you don't know what. The Mystery Box is also deliberately and frustratingly vague, though with the subtle hint that some boxes are just outright empty, they're likely either schmuck bait, or there's a chance of finding something really good in some of them. Maybe. And as you currently only have the two tickets, and not on your person, the only thing to do is to back away from the temptation to exchange one item without immediately obvious purpose for another, and leave.

It's like you're living in some sort of complex video game. Only there's nowhere to input infinite money cheats, and there are no walkthroughs. Sad.

In any case, you don't think you really need to buy sandwich things right now. You have lots of stuff for that. Sandwiches and vegetable stew. That's basically what you had intended to live off of until you found a job. You have plenty.

You don't really want to look into Chad's business, either.

You do doodle a quick possible-logo when you get back to the apartment. It comes out only slightly better than you had expected, but not by much, and far and away worse than you had hoped. You should probably just use it as a guideline and make someone who can actually art do a better logo, instead of using it as-is.

"Got a call, Johnny, I'll be heading off." Frank says, pulling his jacket on as he passes you. "... Dude, did you draw that in crayon?"

"No." You say, stuffing the doodle quickly into a pocket. "Go do your whatever-thing."

"Yeah, okay." Frank says, continuing on past you and to the door.

You take a minute, once he's left, to observe the new infants. Suika has woken. She is not at all steady on her feet, as she toddles around, but she's laughing a lot. After a couple curious prods, she seems to decide not to bother with waking trauma-Reimu and instead dashes over to carefully peer over the edge of the table.

Except she misjudges the distance, trips over her feet, and tumbles off the side before you can catch her, landing face-first on the floor. A second or so later, though, she's back up and rubbing her face, only slightly the worse for wear, and she darts off again. Face-first into one of the table-legs, rocking her back to sit on the floor as she ponders this conundrum.

You pick her up and deposit her over with her siblings.

"Thaaaanksh~" She slurs a little, as she starts up a little happy rough-housing with her siblings.

They somehow seem less pleased by the level of over-excited playtime than Suika is. After a few minutes of confusion, however, and before any real injuries occur, it seems like the Tenshi are more than willing to take up the cause of manhandlings and accidental horn-pokings. Suika is just as pleased by this turn of events and quickly puts one delighted bodied Tenshi in a cheerful leg-lock. That they are much larger than she is does not in any way seem to deter things.

They seem to be getting along fine. Even counting Suika's widely-smiling attempt to bend your finger over backwards to touch the back of your wrist when you join in for a few minutes. She can't manage it even putting her whole body into the task, though. Probably a good thing.

You're kind of hungry, though. You could make a sandwich. Or you could have Alice make you a sandwich. If she can make stew, then a sandwich shouldn't be outside her realm of comprehension. Just put some stuff together in between two slices of bread. Meat and cheese, especially, but some condiments and vegetables are always fine too. You give her those simple instructions.

When she comes back with the sandwich, you stare at it for a moment before taking a cautious bite. There's meat and cheese on it, yes. She's also put peanut butter and ketchup on the bread, rather than the mayonnaise and possibly mustard you were thinking of. The ketchup trail is on top of the sandwich, instead of inside it. Inside, she's made the addition of some thin slices of carrot, potato, and onion, instead of the lettuce and tomato you'd kind of been expecting.

.... It's actually not horrible, somehow. Not what you were expecting, and kind of crunchy, and the onion gives it a slightly eye-watering tang, but the peanut butter mostly cancels it out and.... Okay, it's not that good, either. You choke it down anyway, and make a note to, in the future, give much more specific instructions.

"So." You say. "How's the teaching going? Any progress, with Reimu and Marisa?"

"Slow. Very slow." Alice says, looking a little unhappy with the rate of progress. "Learning, with enough repeating and forcing them to learn, but..."

She shrugs.

"So, I'm not sure what the problem is, here. Why are they so slow about learning things?" You ask.

"Don't know why they need to learn. Mostly." Alice says, after a thoughtful moment. "Marisa understands a little bit. The rest... Already, they are getting fed and taken care of. For doing nothing."

"Oh, geeze. That'll be a bit of a problem, yeah." You say, after thinking about the sort-of explanation. No incentive to do well, and no punishment in store for not doing well... that could be it, yeah. You're not quite sure what to do about it yet, though.

In any case, for now, you turn to flipping idly through the cookbook instead. There's lots of things in here, recipes for stews and soups and such. That's a start. The majority of things, however, are things that require an oven or stovetop to prepare them on.

You'll have to look into getting one of those, later. It won't really fit here in this apartment, of course, but it could probably be tucked away somewhere in the parkside location. Probably not the one in the city-center, though. And you might want to wait on big appliance purchases until you have money coming in properly, some mental math leads you to believe that in most cases you will be cutting things very close for the cafe.

There's also a couple of things that demand being deep-fried in oil, which you probably won't bother with. Your plate will probably be pretty full with meatloaf, skillet-ribs, bean rollups and vegetable stir fries, at a cautious guess at the future.

Actually, you could probably search the internet for recipes too, assuming you had something specific to look for. .... Oh, fruit salad. That looks nice too. You aren't sure all these things 'fit in' with a cafe, of course, but there'll probably be one or two people that'll buy actual food-food from you.

Suika looks to be asleep, again, as are the rest of the children, tired from play. It's starting to get a bit later in the evening.

"Is Master coming to bed...?" Alice asks. Subtle. Very subtle. Tenshi is sort of fiddling awkwardly with the riding crop, beside her.

---

7:00 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 39720
Here we goooo...

[x] No. And anyway, she should be sleeping with her kids.
-[x] Tell Alice she's much more useful when she's doing productive things, like teaching the children and making things.
[x] Whip Tenshi. Check to make sure the whip will actually break clothes, if not, just whip unclothed areas.
[x] You'll probably have to tell Chen about that so Suika doesn't try to roughhouse someone or something that can't take it, or just ends up killing herself. In fact, maybe Tenshi would be a good mentor.
[x] Go to #LockStockandBarrel.
>> No. 39721
[x] Just something quick, alright?
[x] Whip Tenshi. Check to make sure the whip will actually break clothes, if not, just whip unclothed areas.
[x] Go to #LockStockandBarrel.
>> No. 39722
[x] No. And anyway, she should be sleeping with her kids.
-[x] Tell Alice she's much more useful when she's doing productive things, like teaching the children and making things.
[x] Whip Tenshi. Check to make sure the whip will actually break clothes, if it will, just whip unclothed areas.
[x] You'll probably have to tell Chen about that so Suika doesn't try to roughhouse someone or something that can't take it, or just ends up killing herself. In fact, maybe Tenshi would be a good mentor.
[x] Go to #LockStockandBarrel.
>> No. 39723
[x] No. And anyway, she should be sleeping with her kids.
-[x] Tell Alice she's much more useful when she's doing productive things, like teaching the children and making things.
[x] Whip Tenshi. Check to make sure the whip will actually break clothes, if it will, just whip unclothed areas.
[x] Go to #LockStockandBarrel.

We've currently got that Marisa possibly onto something and the possible stalkers. Let's act smart.
>> No. 39724
[x] New rule for the babies - the ones that are learning get a small treat each day.
[x] New rule for the Marisas and Reimus - the ones that refuse to learn will get 1/2 rations.
[x] Tell Chen to be extra careful with Suika since she's a bit rougher than usual.
[x] Don't go to bed with the yukkuri.
[x] Go to #LockStockandBarrel.
>> No. 39725
[x] New rule for the babies - the ones that are learning get a small treat each day.
[x] New rule for the Marisas and Reimus - the ones that refuse to learn will get 1/2 rations.
[x] Tell Chen to be extra careful with Suika since she's a bit rougher than usual.
[x] Go to bed with the yukkuri. AFTER everything else and only if necessary
[x] Go to #LockStockandBarrel.

Well, I'm really conflicted, in one hand we now know that Alice-types need "release" or else they devolve into the rape subtype and that's a really bad thing (or that's what I understood from that earlier update); in the other hand I really don't want him to keep doing that and as I said before, that Marisa might be onto something, and the stalkers, etc.
>> No. 39726
>>39725
They can masturbate to stave it off, so luckily our involvement is not necessary.

Also, while the second of the rules sounds like a good idea, I don't really like the first, because of sweets addiction, and also the fact that we'd then need to pay for 33-42 treats per day, depending on how many of the wild children are convinced.
>> No. 39728
>>39726
I wrote the option because a punishment-only policy tend not to work as well as a reward-punishment system. I left it kind of vague because different yukkuri like different things and I wasn't sure whether we should offer all of them the same treat or different treats for different yukkuri. For example, Tenshis get a pinch on the cheek if they behave while Suikas get a cup of beer. I figured the problem of cost could be mitigated by tweaking the difficulty of getting a treat and the amount of the treat - for example, reward treats only to the best behaved and giving them a smear of honey is quite different from rewarding all of the well-behaved and giving them a cookie each.

>>39725
We could use either an expendable yukkuri or a anatomically correct fake yukkuri.
>> No. 39729
>>39728
What about the sweet addiction thing?

Also, bodied Alice can fulfill themselves manually, though a yukkuri substitute would be good for blob Alices.
>> No. 39730
[x] No. And anyway, she'll be sleeping with her kids.
-[x] Tell Alice she's much more useful when she's doing productive things, like teaching the children and making things.
[x] New rule for the Marisas and Reimus - the ones that refuse to learn will get 1/2 rations, and then no rations if they continue to be difficult.
[x] Tell Chen to be extra careful with Suika since she's a bit rougher than usual, and a bit clumsy. Tenshi might help in training her.
[x] Look for containers that Suika can pee into, both ones that fit her now and ones that are big enough for an adult.
[x] Go to #LockStockandBarrel.

Guys, most of our koyukkuri are learning without need for offered reward.
>> No. 39731
These Yukkuri are so fucking horny.

Give them some work to do
>> No. 39732
>Also, bodied Alice can fulfill themselves manually, though a yukkuri substitute would be good for blob Alices.

Except we don't have blob Alices. This is wierd man, only one baby Alice ever. I suppose it has to od with their raping tendencies, and they need to be the father. However, the mother usually dies when giving birth to Alices.

Also, sex with someone you have deeper feelings for is way better than masturbtion. Emotional satisfaction with physical pleasure, you know? I can see Alice reaching her limit, and possibly even giving in to the Need, eventually.
>> No. 39733
>>39732
While that is a valid point, the fact that the Need drives most Alices to mercilessly rape implies love likely does not affect anything in terms of appeasing Need, simply the act of reaching climax. If there are differences in Need reduction, they would likely pertain to how similar the experience was to actual sex with a yukkuri.

As a side note, your post contained a few minor typos. You may wish to check your spelling before you hit reply, although it's possible that you did and simply missed them.
>> No. 39734
[x] New rule for the Marisas and Reimus - the ones that refuse to learn will get 1/2 rations.
[x] Tell Chen to be extra careful with Suika since she's a bit rougher than usual.
[x] Whip Tenshi.
[x] Go to bed with Alice. Next time, though, her 'Need' needs to be high for this.
[x] Go to #LockStockandBarrel.
>> No. 39735
[x] New rule for the Marisas and Reimus - the ones that refuse to learn will get 1/2 rations.
[x] Tell Chen to be extra careful with Suika since she's a bit rougher than usual.
[x] Whip Tenshi.
[x] Go to bed with Alice. Next time, though, her 'Need' needs to be high for this.
[x] Go to #LockStockandBarrel.
>> No. 39736
[x] New rule for the Marisas and Reimus - the ones that refuse to learn will get 1/2 rations.
[x] Tell Chen to be extra careful with Suika since she's a bit rougher than usual.
[x] Whip Tenshi.
[x] Go to bed with Alice. Next time, though, her 'Need' needs to be high for this.
[x] Go to #LockStockandBarrel.
>> No. 39737
[x] New rule for the Marisas and Reimus - the ones that refuse to learn will get 1/2 rations.
[x] Tell Chen to be extra careful with Suika since she's a bit rougher than usual.
-[x] Maybe it's better to leave Suika with Tenshi?
[x] Whip Tenshi.
[x] Go to bed with Alice. Next time, though, her 'Need' needs to be high for this.

Guys, you can't chat in the internet while doing someone.

Also, John hasn't introduced Suika to Chen as family, has he? I think it's better to make her think Tenshi is the father, since they are both tougher than Chen and get along pretty well.
>> No. 39738
Alice just jacked off a few hours ago, and even if she hadn't she could masturbate in the bathroom like she has at least once. She'll be fine.

[x] No. And anyway, she'll be sleeping with her kids. As will Tenshi.
-[x] Tell Alice she's much more useful when she's doing productive things, like teaching the children and making things.
[x] Whip Tenshi. Check to make sure the whip will actually break clothes, if it will, just whip unclothed areas.
[x] New rule for the Marisas and Reimus - the ones that refuse to learn will get 1/2 rations.
-[x] If they continue to be difficult, then no rations.
[x] Tell Chen to be extra careful with Suika since she's rougher than usual, and a bit clumsy. Tenshi might help in training her.
[x] Look for someone who can draw.
>> No. 39739
>>39737
>Chen to Suika

Er, I think this is the correct order. A minor/unimportant mistake, I hope.
>> No. 39740
>>39737
How fortunate that we aren't going to do someone, then. Or rather, something, because we're talking about a mobile pastry being.

[x] New rule for the Marisas and Reimus - the ones that refuse to learn will get 1/2 rations.
[x] Tell Chen to be extra careful with Suika since she's a bit rougher than usual.
[x] Don't go to bed with the yukkuri.
[x] Go to #LockStockandBarrel.
>> No. 39741
[x] New rule for the Marisas and Reimus - the ones that refuse to learn will get 1/2 rations.
[x] Tell Chen to be extra careful with Suika since she's a bit rougher than usual.
-[x] Maybe it's better to leave Suika with Tenshi?
[x] Whip Tenshi.
[x] Go to bed with Alice. Next time, though, her 'Need' needs to be high for this.
>> No. 39742
[x] Don't go to bed with the yukkuri.
[x] New rule for the Marisas and Reimus - the ones that refuse to learn will get 1/2 rations.
[x] Tell Chen to be extra careful with Suika since she's a bit rougher than usual.
[x] Go to #LockStockandBarrel.

There is literally no reason to engage in sexual intercourse with a yukkuri, especially now that the Marisa suspects things, the children might have seen, and voyeurs may be recording this for later blackmail.
>> No. 39743
>>39740

You racist bastard. It's people like you who make the world shitty.
>>39742
>There is literally no reason to engage in sexual intercourse with a yukkuri, especially now that the Marisa suspects things, the children might have seen

There is no reason to have sex with humans either, unless it's for reproduction. Marisa doesn't suspect anything, that was just a conclusion she came to throught logic, which was easy enough even for blobs.

>voyeurs may be recording this for later blackmail

What. How would Hatate blackmail John? Or do you mean the people following Frank, which could be the FBI equivalent in the city? Because, you know, dealing with the mafia tends to attract the attention from the authorities.
>> No. 39744
I'm racist? Fuck you. Yukkuri are animals just like apes are.
>> No. 39745
>>39744
If not being human makes you a worthless animal forever, I want to see how you'd vote to talk to the Demon Queen.
>> No. 39746
>>39745
His language suggests that he opposes the idea because yukkuri are less than humans rather than because they're non-human. Your comparison is poor because Yukari is well beyond humans.
>> No. 39748
>>39745
The demon queen can actually count. And doesn't have a grossly distended head.
>> No. 39749
>>39744

Humans are animals too, therefore, you're a racist. Please, stop making the world a bad place.
>>39748
>And doesn't have a grossly distended head.

For now. What you're gonna do when the real Yukari shows up with yukkuri proportions?
>> No. 39752
>>39749
You're using racism in a situation where it isn't applicable because race is a human distinction. Cross-species discrimination (regardless of whether this is one such case or not) isn't called racism.

As for the second point, treat her with respect because she's both more intelligent and more powerful than us regardless of her shape - something that isn't true of the yukkuri that we've encountered thus far with the arguable exception of the Reisen.
>> No. 39753
>>39734
>>39735
>>39736

Anyone else smell votespam around these parts?

[x]Don't fucking bang the yukkuri.
>> No. 39754
[x] New rule for the Marisas and Reimus - the ones that refuse to learn will get 1/2 rations.
[x] Tell Chen to be extra careful with Suika since she's a bit rougher than usual.
-[x] Maybe it's better to leave Suika with Tenshi?
[x] Whip Tenshi.
[x] Go to bed with Alice. Next time, though, her 'Need' needs to be high for this.

Alice~
>> No. 39755
[x] No. And anyway, she'll be sleeping with her kids.
-[x] Tell Alice she's much more useful when she's doing productive things, like teaching the children and making things.
[x] New rule for the Marisas and Reimus - the ones that refuse to learn will get 1/2 rations, and then no rations if they continue to be difficult.
[x] Tell Chen to be extra careful with Suika since she's a bit rough, and a bit clumsy. Tenshi might help in training her.
[x] Look for containers that Suika can pee into, both ones that fit her now and ones that are big enough for an adult.
[x] Go to #LockStockandBarrel.

>>39749 The word 'racist' does not means what you think it does. You dumbfuck.
>> No. 39756
[x] New rule for the Marisas and Reimus - the ones that refuse to learn will get 1/2 rations.
[x] Tell Chen to be extra careful with Suika since she's a bit rougher than usual.
-[x] Maybe it's better to leave Suika with Tenshi?
[x] Whip Tenshi.
[x] Go to bed with Alice. Next time, though, her 'Need' needs to be high for this.
>> No. 39757
[x] New rule for the Marisas and Reimus - the ones that refuse to learn will get 1/2 rations.
[x] Tell Chen to be extra careful with Suika since she's a bit rougher than usual.
-[x] Maybe it's better to leave Suika with Tenshi?
[x] Whip Tenshi.
[x] Go to bed with Alice. Next time, though, her 'Need' needs to be high for this.
>> No. 39758
[x] New rule for the Marisas and Reimus - the ones that refuse to learn will get 1/2 rations.
[x] Tell Chen to be extra careful with Suika since she's a bit rougher than usual.
-[x] Maybe it's better to leave Suika with Tenshi?
[x] Whip Tenshi.
[x] Go to bed with Alice. Next time, though, her 'Need' needs to be high for this.

Why are you guys saging when the thread is on top already?
>> No. 39759
[x] New rule for the Marisas and Reimus - the ones that refuse to learn will get 1/2 rations.
[x] Tell Chen to be extra careful with Suika since she's a bit rougher than usual.
-[x] Maybe it's better to leave Suika with Tenshi?
[x] Whip Tenshi.
[x] Go to bed with Alice. Next time, though, her 'Need' needs to be high for this.

Deleted my old anti fuck Alice vote, since there does seem to be some reason for doing this.
>> No. 39760
[x] New rule for the Marisas and Reimus - the ones that refuse to learn will get 1/2 rations.
[x] Tell Chen to be extra careful with Suika since she's a bit rougher than usual.
-[x] Maybe it's better to leave Suika with Tenshi?
[x] Whip Tenshi.
[x] Go to bed with Alice. Next time, though, her 'Need' needs to be high for this.
>> No. 39762
Nope, not votespam in here at all.
>> No. 39766
File 132918102120.png - (573.31KB , 820x960 , f16f1f1ed2f6b058bd47bb42e6615c6745002b44.png ) [iqdb]
39766
Well, you're not really sure whether or not someone is trying to spy on you, and all. But you haven't really got anything to say that anyone is aside from the fact that Frank thinks he saw someone following him around. You haven't noticed any such thing yourself. Similarly, Marisa's accusation had hit just a bit too close to home... but on reflection, she was probably just filtering the matter through her own experience of a stray yukkuri, where if you brought something into your home, you were most likely either going to eat it, or start a family with it, and drew conclusions based on that and the fact that Hatate remained un-devoured.

She probably would have accused anyone else of the same thing, under similar conditions.

"I don't think I'm ready to sleep yet, tonight." You point out, waiting for the sad and disappointed look to appear. It shows up right on cue. "I have one or more things to do. But... I don't think there's anything stopping me from taking a break, for a little while."

Alice's face lights up.

You take a quick moment beforehand, though, to draw Chen to the side, and suggest that Suika is pretty rambunctious and a little clumsy, and so she miiight need special handling. Possibly need to keep her around others that can keep up, and take what she can dish out, rather than risk accidents and such. She seems to understand, and even be a little relieved, when you imply that it might be better to have her keep with Tenshi rather than with her Chen siblings. Seems like they'll both be enjoying themselves.

As it happens, it seems like the crop doesn't cut through fabric... or whatever it is that the natural clothing is made of. Television has lied to you, it seems. Oh well. The clothes muffle the sharp noises of the crops, though it seems that they also cushion the blows, lessening the sting. Tenshi isn't as happy about this, but it lessens the odds of discovery, and Alice is more than eager to similarly muffle the chances of Tenshi making any noise herself.

Tenshi wore out quickly, under concerted mutual efforts, and was ready to go to sleep soon. Alice took longer, having only taken the edge off of a rising tide of need before, as she poorly described it, and you eventually understood. She does seem to be a whole lot more relaxed afterwards, though... you're given to understand that's fairly normal afterglow behavior. You might have to try to get a serious handle on exactly how fast physical Needs build up, here, and what can be done to keep them in check. She'd seemed to imply before that just taking things in hand was enough to keep things going indefinitely, but you're suspecting, a little, that it might not be quite enough.

... You're not quite sure what you'll do about the little one, actually. And you don't realize that you've voiced that extension of your thoughts until Alice sleepily answers you.

"Need doesn't build up so fast, while small. Alice can usually take care of it herself. Or Alice will have to help, if it's too much..." She mumbles.

"Yeah, sure." You reply. "And what about when she's grown up? You probably know what to do about this better than I do, what do you think I should do then?"

Alice stretches, still half awake, roughly.

".... Hmm..." She 'hm's, not exactly instilling you with a whole lot of confidence. "If master wants babies. Lots and lots of babies. Pick someone for Alice to make babies with." She suggests, sleepiness slowing words and thoughts. "Or... not so many, do the same, but... hard. Not to, when..."

"Yeah, and you only need to do it once to have guaranteed buns in the oven." You mumble to yourself. "And I don't know for sure how many mouths I'm going to be able to feed, above this..."

Alice yawns.

"Alice can be careful and help Alice without making babies, once Alice is big enough for Need to start being bigger." She mumbles. "But isn't as good as being helped. Need will grow. Then Alice can help Alice, but... only slowing it down, after. Master could help Alice, too."

"I'm not entirely sure I approve of that plan." You say, once you've hashed out which 'Alice' is referring to whom at what point. You don't get a reply, though. Alice has already fallen asleep.

... Come to think of it, you guess that's more or less what Sam had assumed your plan was, when you started asking him about breeding. In retrospect, that's a little embarassing.

Well, no matter. You go ahead and take a quick shower, toweling dry before scribbling down a note about new rules to remind yourself, no point in kicking the crib awake when you've already fed them today, and then heading back to get onto the internet. You settle down in your seat, and enter the gun chatroom.

*John joined #LockStockandBarrel

Barbecue at Smith's: cooking up that boar. -It was delicious /// Lee is planning a hunting trip, sightings of Reindeer in the tundra areas. Contact if interested. /// Taurus .357 Magnum for sale -Walther /// MAGNUM is your god here. Remember it! - Magnum

*Rei bends Magnum over a counter and tenderly tucks that oversized hand-cannon of his right where she implied he could put it before.
Magnum: ....
Magnum: See, I'd be more upset about this if it wasn't actually a deliciously depraved idea.


You aren't sure what exactly you've walked into. Or, all of a sudden, why you came here in the first place.

---

9:15 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 39767
[x] Buy a vibrator for the Alices.

There. That's all we need to do to keep the Need under control. But it won't matter, since every time a yukkuri propositions us for sex, we're going to accept.
>> No. 39768
[x] Buy vibrator for the Alices, it's a real time saver.
[x] Crack a joke, any joke about the situation.
[x] Make introductions to new people.
[x] Ask about shotguns.
[x] Ask about hunting trips.
[x] If you've time to burn, ask about yukkuris in the wilderness - what kind of places do they inhabit and how do the hunters go about catching them (because if they're using them for food, then they're probably not using guns).
[x] If you've time to burn - ask to see if any of them seen any weird yukkuri in the more exotic regions like the tundra.
[x] This is more of a do-it-yourself question - are there social media sites exclusive to the City and its residents?

Meh, at this point I don't think I even care about the human-yukkuri sex except that it takes up time from more interesting (imo) matters and those particular yukkuri are a pretty boring bunch.
>> No. 39769
[x] Buy vibrator for the Alices, it's a real time saver. Keep it as a mental note for later
[x] Crack a joke, any joke about the situation.
[x] Make introductions to new people.
[x] Ask about shotguns.
[x] Ask about hunting trips.
[x] If you've time to burn, ask about yukkuris in the wilderness - what kind of places do they inhabit and how do the hunters go about catching them (because if they're using them for food, then they're probably not using guns).
[x] If you've time to burn - ask to see if any of them seen any weird yukkuri in the more exotic regions like the tundra.
[x] This is more of a do-it-yourself question - are there social media sites exclusive to the City and its residents?

Well, that was informative, to say the least.
>> No. 39770
[x] Buy vibrator for yourself, it's a real time saver.
[x] "Seems I've entered the channel at an interesting time."
-[x] Greet Rei and then whoever else you've met already.
[x] Ask about shotguns.
[x] Ask about hunting trips and their encounters with wild yukkuri.
[x] Ask if they find wierd/exotic yukkuri, or at least yukkuri different from the Factory ones, and their habitats.

"If you have time"? John has a lot of time now, no appointments fir the night.
>> No. 39771
[x] Buy vibrator for Frank, it's a real time saver.
[x] "Seems I've entered the channel at an interesting time."
-[x] Greet Rei and then whoever else you've met already.
[x] Ask about shotguns.
[x] Ask about hunting trips and their encounters with wild yukkuri.
[x] Ask if they find wierd/exotic yukkuri, or at least yukkuri different from the Factory ones, and their habitats.

Amusing as the thought might be, let's not waste money on sex toys. I doubt we're even going to buy a weapon, at least this early.
>> No. 39775
File 132926791395.jpg - (584.02KB , 773x1087 , 2cf778f04415ff2eb84b96b1aa116faaaf9fe095.jpg ) [iqdb]
39775
John: Um.
John: Is this a bad time?
Rei: Nah, never mind the asshole I'm playing with.
Magnum: yeah, never...
Magnum: Wait, do you mean that in the literal or in the insulting way.
Rei: So, what brings you here? :3
Magnum: God damn it, don't ignore me.
Magnum: THIS IS IMPORTANT, REI, PAY ATTENTION AND CLARIFY YOUR MEANING FOR ME.
*Rei pulls trigger.
*Magnum was kicked by Rei (Explain this to your proctologist.)
*Magnum joined #LockStockandBarrel
Magnum: D:
Magnum: MY PROSTATE.
Magnum: OH GOD.
*Magnum was kicked by Rei (Boom, headshot)
*Rei has banned Magnum.
Rei: He was getting annoying anyway. And by that I mean, like, more annoying than usual.
Rei: Theatrically and deliberately so.
John: I, uh, noticed.
John: Anyway, I wanted to ask around about shotguns and hunting trips, again.
Rei: Uh huh. You want to talk to Lee?
Rei: Who I said before would be out getting drunk all night tonight? :D
Rei: And you shouldn't go looking for until tomorrow afternoon, because of that? xD
John: .... Oh god.
John: Now I feel like an idiot.
Rei: Walther was only here for like five minutes, to drunkenly brag about how great wild boar tastes and change the banner.
Rei: But really, you don't need to make up excuses if you want to talk to me that bad. X3


Actually, you had just entirely forgotten that she'd said that....

Ah, that little 'Rei' tab is up and blinking again. You go there.

Rei: So, did you seriously forget? X3
John: .... I'm not sure how. You literally told me just this morning.
John: But yeah.
Rei: XD
Rei: Oh, right.
Rei: I glanced through that new chatroom. I guess you haven't been there?
John: No, I haven't, actually.
Rei: Maybe you should. It's actually pretty funny. X3
Rei: Well, maybe not as a contestant, though.
John: Oh?
Rei: Yeah.
Rei: When I looked in, it was like this huge brainstorming session, everyone trying to come up with new ideas.
Rei: And jumping on things that sounded interesting, no matter how stupid.
Rei: And yelling at each over over 'stealing their genius plans'.
Rei: If even half of them are totally serious about it, that's hilarious. XD
Rei: This one guy that masterminded this ridiculous glory-hole scheme.... well, I'd be careful of those if I were you, for a while.
Rei: Unless you don't mind much what might be on the other side of the wall. ;)
John: .... Uh.
Rei: G
Rei: O
John: What is a glory hole?
Rei: O
Rei: .... oh damn it, you broke the combo. :<
Rei: But yeah, google it. I'll wait.


You go ahead and open a new window to determine what this unfamiliar new term... oh. Oh.

John: ....
John: :<
Rei: XD
Rei: You understand what I'm talking about now, right?
John: In vivid imaginary detail.
John: Do you think he was... serious?
Rei: Eh, maybe. Why?
Rei: You upset that it might not be a drunk party slut in stall number two, like normal?
Rei: Or you want to see if you can find one?
Rei: No real chance of having to go to the doctor for anything embarrasing, that way, I guess. ;D
*Rei is all with the winking and nudges~
John: No, I don't think I will.
John: I wouldn't really want to buy... intimacy, I guess, and...
Rei: Relax, the guy was trolling the channel.
Rei: I think. Probably, anyway.
John: Oh. That's good.
Rei: I notice that you didn't freak out over what you'd normally expect, though. X3
John: Huh?
Rei: Oh, nothing~
Rei: It's not important anyway. But like I said, a couple neat ideas, which are all probably taken by now, and a whole bunch of stupid ones.
Rei: A lot of which are /also/ probably taken by now. XD
Rei: And rambling about tickets and tokens and stuff too, I guess.
John: Oh?
Rei: Whole carnival of giggles out of the people in there.


You stretch a little in place. This whole visit was kind of a waste of time, you guess, aside from having an extra opportunity to chat with Rei. It's starting to get late now, too.

John: Anyway, if nobody's here, I guess I should get to bed.
John: Things to do tomorrow, and all.
Rei: Right, right. See you next time, Johnny-boy~


You've closed the window already, but you pause to blink a moment when you register the nickname. That's what Frank calls you, sometimes... you don't know that there's many other people that turn a simple 'John' into something like that.

The paranoid thought that maybe Rei is Frank hits you for a moment before you rub your temples and force the late-night stupidity away. That's impossible, Frank was asleep on the couch while you chatted with her this morning, and you're making way too much of a coincidence.

For a moment, as you prepare for bed, the thought of buying a vibrator hits you. You aren't going to head out for one at this time of night, though. And anyway, you aren't sure if that wouldn't just make things worse for Alice. Shaking and vibrations are supposed to get yukkuri aroused and whatnot very quickly, after all, and the whole point of the frequency of things seems to be getting rid of the pent up Need and urges. Vibrating things could actually be the worst possible tactic to resort to, if what you want is to keep the Alices calm...

You'll have to think about it carefully, and definitely not just give them one and assume everything will be fine, at least.

You go to sleep.

---

??????

You find yourself naked in a grassy field, the sky overhead a startlingly rick purple against the sun, rather than the soft and normal coloration you're accustomed to. The waving grass seems to extend infinitely in every direction.

You aren't sure what you're doing here, or what to do. You're probably dreaming, though. And in realizing that, you should wake up, or something, right? ... you don't wake up. Nothing really for it, then. You pick a direction and start walking.

"Going somewhere?" A man's voice addresses you from behind. The gravelly, broken stone of the platform crunches beneath your feet as you turn, looking for the person who called out for you. You can't see him. He must be hiding behind one of the ruined pillars of the area. How annoying, you're sure this isn't anything like the time for silly games. You snort a little, adjust your helmet, and turn around to see teethinyourfaceyourentireexpanseofvisionismadeupofredtongueandblackthroat

You lower your arm after a moment, and peer suspiciously at the television set, propped up against a wall, papered with artistic lilies on a simple purple background. One of the walls seems to blink, in the corner of your vision as you adjust your bathrobe and relax in the loveseat. Last time you agree to watch this sort of horror movie with Alice, no matter how nice it is to feel her fall asleep against you, cheeks rubbing against you as her toes rub against your ankles....

... Something isn't quite right. Was Alice always this tall? You turn around in the shower, blinking, and she bops your shoulder.

"Hold still, dummy." She says, teasingly and with a slight smile, pale purple suds dripping slowly down her curves. "I can't shampoo you properly if you aren't facing away."

"Yeah... that's right." you say, turning back into the spray of water to let her caress your scalp and wash the suds free.

Then she leans into you, breathing huskily into one ear, and wait, there's something poking up against.

"This is a weird dream." You say, conversationally, as you accept a martini from your dinner guest, black suit pressed and laundered for the occasion. Her own suit is no less businesslike, despite the choice of color, a royally exquisite shade of violet.

"Is it?" She asks, golden eyes flashing with interest as she sips her own wine. "I don't know. Maybe your dreams are just always like this, and you simply don't remember in the morning?"

"Maybe." You admit. "Will I remember this one?"

"Yes." She answers simply. "If only because you have noticed you were dreaming, and will remember to not forget it."

"Or that you were in it."

"... Indeed, that plays a small part of it. It would be a shame to find someone so coherent as to be able to hold a conversation with me, and then just let them forget it took place when the sun rose." She admits.

"You are the Demon Queen." You say, not guessing. Just stating fact. "Why are you... is 'here' even the right word for it?"

"Caaareful, John." She warns, bringing a finger up to her lips. "I'm just interested enough, now, to grant you a boon. A gift of knowledge. The answer to a single question. You should really be more careful about what that question is. It would be such a shame to fritter it away on things that will hold no long term importance for you. Like 'Why am I here', or 'What are the Tickets for', or 'What does the code on a Voucher mean'."

"Voucher..." You start to ask, but bite your tongue as she leans forward, warning having been given and now expectant of the opportunity to waste the only question you will have. "... I haven't found one of those. I'll have to keep an eye out for it."

"If you wish." The Demon Queen says in amusement, leaning back into her seat and sipping slowly. One of the walls in your peripheral vision blinks.

You guess that the conversation, such as it is, won't last much longer than however long it takes to ask a question, and recieve an answer. You'll have to think about this, carefully.

[ ] Seeker, set thy mystery forth, that it might be revealed.
>> No. 39776
Saints, I'm holding off on voting until I think about this one. We could ask about something related to the contest - but I'm a lot more curious about questions about the rules of this world. For example, how are yukkuri able to exist when human science indicates that they shouldn't be able to even move and reproduce, much less do stuff like generate cold and fire beams? Or for that matter, if yukkuri can do what amounts to magic, can humans do the same?
>> No. 39779
>[ ] Seeker, set thy mystery forth, that it might be revealed.

Do we even have something we want to know? Besides finding and capturing yukkuri? Were this story DQ, or plot intensive, this would come in handy, but in CQ...

Oh well, ok. Here are a few ideas:

What are you planning with this contest, besides the typical answers of passing time, having fun or anything similar to them?
What should I do to succesfully reproduce with you, besides the obvious answers of 'having unprotected sex' or 'fertilize my egg', or anything similar to them, regardless of terms used.
Is it possible to have human-yukkuri hybrids through normal reproduction means?
As you probably know, I am currently planning on opening a cafe for the contest. What are my best chances of winning the contest, regardless of opening the cafe or not.
I like yukkuri, and want to collect them all, at least one bodied adult of each specie. I ask you for detailed information on all yukkuris and thir variants, including, but not restricted to, locations and habitats, numbers, habits, personalities, hunting/capturing procedures, reproduction rate and mates, appetite, among all other information that you, the factory, or anyone else might have.
I ask for all information on every contestant, including, but not restricted to, their plans to win the contest, their current business, or anything that's making them win, lose or remain stable in the score count, their equipment, which obviously includes yukkuri, what would they trade their tickets for, where can I find them, among all other information that you, the factory, or anyone else might have.
Why did you remove the City from the real world?
Can we meet again and have friendly chats, with frequency?
Why do my mother hate yukkuri so much?


To others with their own ideas, these are God's words:

>Kahitora: /me writing interesting CQ
>me: That makes my day/night much better
>what's so interessting this time?
>Kahitora: You will see.
>Protip: You will want to be extra-careful with wording, this time.
>> No. 39780
I don't think we should ask something about the contest - we're presented with the chance to ask a single question of the closest thing to God that we'll probably ever meet and to spend it on something to help us win a contest seems kind of petty. I'm also against using this chance to ask things about the people around us because those are things that we can solve by ourselves. If anything, we should use it to ask something that we can only get from Yukari and no one else in the setting.

Drawing on out-of-character knowledge, I'm actually curious if it's possible for us to ask a question that'll put us on the path to either studying magic or learning to become a youkai or both at the same time.
>> No. 39781
[x]The Answer is 42. What is the Question?
"How many roads..." doesn't count.
>> No. 39782
FOOLS! The question is obvious.

How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?
>> No. 39784
How about a question asking how's life for someone so powerful that almost nothing seems beyond her reach?
>> No. 39785
I'd just like to ask everybody who is asking for magic what they're going to do if/when the Demon Queen goes 'lol no you can't do magic'.

Let's go for something we know will help us.

[x] Full details on any activities such as the giveaway, and other such interferences with the normal running of the contest, either in the present or in the future. In the event that such interferences are not currently planned, information should be given when exact details are finalized and it is decided to actually use the plan.
>> No. 39787
[x] Would you like to go out on a date, Demon Queen?

Because John has to keep his options open.
>> No. 39788
>>39785
You get the answer to one question, a detailed itinerary constantly updated whenever her whims strike is waaaaaaaaay outside of the scope of what she's going to give you.



I will, however, fully agree that asking about/for magic is stupid. Besides, his first encounter with magic* was when his ex tried to cut his heart out and eat it(claiming it was under Yukari's orders, no less). He's probably not going to be all that enamored of the idea.


*or at least what the practitioner thought was magic
>> No. 39789
>>39787

I like, but this might work better overall:

[x] I'm opening a cafe, what could I possibly say to you to get you to visit and have a coffee some time.

Or similar, but with better wording. Emphasis on having the coffee, rather than the possibly fantastic effect of her patronage. Should also give pause to certain people.

(Demon Queen Cafe? I'd go there.)
>> No. 39790
>>39788
Yeah, I chose a pretty OOC question to ask because that's what interested me. Oh well, I'd still something prefer something like >>39789
to something along the lines of >>39785 because paving the road for future interaction is a lot more interesting than spending our question on contest details.
>> No. 39803
>>39802
Since I'm more interested in repeat encounters with Yukari than using her presence as advertising, that is more reasonable.
>> No. 39807
We could ask for something more(most?) valuable in The City.

A way out. What wolud we need to do to get the hell out of Dodge(*)?
(*)My proposed name for the City.
>> No. 39808
[x] I'm opening a cafe, what can I do (that is within my capabilities) to persuade you to visit me and talk over a coffee sometime?
I was thinking of a more serious question, but that'd be cheating. The road ahead will be difficult, but at least he will say that he got there on his own.
And I like layback MCs.
>> No. 39810
[x]Why do we keep banging pastry?
>> No. 39815
[x] Oh, Demon queen, what I seek is only knowledge, I've lived in your world since (my birth, X age) and there's lots of unanswered questions about thy world, but the one I seek is the enligthment of my human curiosity. For this time I've come to interact with the creatures of your devise, beings made of pastry an filling, beings in the state between plant and animal, in the border of human-like but animalistic, beings that resemble people but fall right inside the uncanny-valley, beings that don't exist in the world outside and we've came to name "yukkuri", who therefore must be one of your great creations; what I seek is for you to show me their purpose, their workings, the people they take after their appearances and their names, the reason my mind tells me they looke like someone that I don't know yet must exist somewhere. What I ask is nothing more than understanding about the creation to know the creator itself and marvel in the glory of her wisdom, my queen. Also, in any other situation I'd be glad to share a spot of coffee with this lovely lady that controls my fate, yet I'm allured to seek her company.

Well, here goes nothing, I don't want to go empty handed from talking to someone who might be god, and remembering Salomon's tale the right way to go is being humble and seeking wisdom. Somehow I think that I ended up writing a prayer, but whatever. I don't know how many generations were before John but he seems like a city-born to me, that's the reason for the parentheses.
Anyway, if this is too OOC then take it as a request for coffee.
Fun fact: When writing this I thought an hypothetical dialogue in how I'd ask God about why the fuck he created platypuses.
>> No. 39816
>>39810
Very important question here

[x]Why do we keep banging pastry?
>> No. 39818
>>39815
This . . . I think this is the best vote I've seen yet.
>> No. 39820
>>39811
>I don't know how many generations were before John but he seems like a city-born to me, that's the reason for the parentheses.

Well, John's father had a Chen when he met John's mother, so yeh, probably city-born.
>> No. 39823
>>39810

Who are you asking?
>> No. 39825
[x] "So, if this my dream and you're in it, I have to wonder why it is not a wet dream."
[x] Could you please transform me into the cutest and most feminine boy ever? I wish to be the trap.

I shouldn't, but I am so going to second this vote. Deleted my previous one. The first line is a simple joke, btw. Not that I am against it, though...
>> No. 39829
[X] "So, if this my dream and you're in it, I have to wonder why it is not a wet dream. Anyways..."
[X] "I wish to one day love an attractive non-human entity who will return those feelings, and who I can have kids with. Would you be willing to play matchmaker?"
>> No. 39830
>>39829

Now we're getting somewhere.
>> No. 39831
>>39825
>>39829

you guys realize we get a question, not a wish right
>> No. 39832
>>39831
It's Yukari, and we're asking her to play matchmaker. Do the math, this could be entertaining!.
>> No. 39834
Deleted previous vote, added an extra line~

[x] "So, if this my dream and you're in it, I have to wonder why it is not a wet dream."
[x] Could you please transform me into the cutest and most feminine boy ever? I wish to be the trap.

C'mon, let's not waste this opportunity and have John be ready for when he fails repaying the Mafia and Frida comes for his ass. He will be profit so much this way he will only have to do it a few times.
>> No. 39837
[X] "So, if this my dream and you're in it, I have to wonder why it is not a wet dream. Anyways..."
[X] "I wish to one day love an attractive non-human entity who will return those feelings, and who I can have kids with. Would you be willing to play matchmaker?"
>> No. 39838
Lets see... so far we have one Hitchhiker's Guide reference, one request for a date, three attempts to get her to visit our cafe, two questions about votespam, one flattery-speech, two requests to be turned into a trap, and three requests to be set up with someone.

On the other hand, we've got one attempt to find out about what Yukari's planning and one request for information on all the yukkuris, and one of those is from me.

I've lost all respect for you guys.
>> No. 39841
>>39838
I believe this is my cue:

[x]What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?


Oh, and those votes that are trying to find out details or plans?

Not in the form of a question.

I don't usually nitpick, but in this case it matters.
>> No. 39842
[X] "So, if this my dream and you're in it, I have to wonder why it is not a wet dream. Anyways..."
[X] "I wish to one day love an attractive non-human entity who will return those feelings, and who I can have kids with. Would you be willing to play matchmaker?"

Why? Because I don't see any better questions.
>> No. 39846
I look at it kind of like this. If you (OoC you) were to meet capital-G God, what would you ask about? You sure as hell wouldn't ask Him/Her/It to go to your cafe, or to play matchmaker. You'd ask a big question, like "Why the City," or "Why yukkuri," or "Why this contest," or even "Why me."

And everyone creating questions, for the love of God, avoid yes or no questions. No Cans, Shoulds, Would, etc.
>> No. 39850
[x] "Usually when you think demon queen you think ugly horror. How did we get so lucky to have a young, attractive queen"

or

[x]>>39815
>> No. 39852
Why does anon always go with the stupid charisma/flirt option.

That's what we want to waste our question on.
>> No. 39853
>>39852

Because very few CYoAs have pulled off good plot exposition.

It's better to get something moderately enjoyable now, than to cross your fingers for an empty promise of an intriguing plot.
>> No. 39854
>>39842

Better? It's downright creepy. There's no-one alive who wouldn't curl their lip at anybody who tried such a line on them. Hopefully.

I only went with the "Invite to Cafe" option, because I expected this stuff to seep in and future interaction opens the slight possibility of real questions (and more truly atrocious pick-up lines).
>> No. 39855
>MC: "Would you be willing to play matchmaker?"
>Demon queen: "No"
WAY TO SPEND THE QUESTION GUYS.

Kahi, for all that's holy, delay the calling of votes. Please.
>> No. 39861
Oh boy, here we go... Anyone else think something truly facepalm worthy is about to happen?
>> No. 39862
>>39861
We've chosen to start a business that we've zero experience in, failed to get input from people that understand the business, and borrowed a large sum of cash from the mob. You should be used to this by this point.
>> No. 39863
>>39855
>MC: "What can I do to have you visit my cafe and spend some time with me?"
>Demon queen: "Nothing"
WAY TO SPEND THE QUESTION GUYS.

Kahi, for all that's holy, delay the calling of votes. Please.

Just as one question may have a negative answer, other questions may also have egative answers. The biggest problem here is that we have no idea of what we want.
>> No. 39867
No one followed my idea, so I'm alone. Fuck it then.

[x] Wait, if this is a dream, can you, like, change the world according to your will? Try to set up a very romantic scene, then.
[x] "So, if this my dream and you're in it, I have to wonder why it is not a wet dream."
[x] Could you please transform me into the cutest and most feminine boy ever? I wish to be the trap.

Deleted my prvious vote. It was a serious one, which I believed would get us something good, but since it will be useless...

Anyway, I'm just gonna throw a few ideas to the wind here. If they gain significant support, I will change my vote again. Until then, I'm gonna stik to my fetish.

How can I leave teh City and go to the world it used to belong to, without depending on your good will and/or dieing?
Can you give me some tips with the business I'm planning?
What would be a good name and logo for my cafe?
Can you give me a bodied yukkuri shaped after you, or a bodied Ran, if not? I accept blobs too, though, if bodied is too much to ask for.
What is love?
Can you show me what true love is and how good it is to be loved back?
>> No. 39868
>[x] Could you please transform me into the cutest and most feminine boy ever? I wish to be the trap.

If this happens, the change better be accompanied of a full new wardrobe and make up. Bonus points if John develops new instincts and has conflicts between his old and new self.
>> No. 39873
>Wait, if this is a dream, can you, like, change the world according to your will?
>Yes. Time to wake up now, hope that answer was useful!
>> No. 39875
well this is a disaster. We get one question and everyone thinks it's a wish. Also your asking two questions so she only needs to answer "why isn't this a wet dream yet". I can't imagine how that could be answered. So in the end, we will likely just an explanation with no actual positive effect. Good job guys.
>> No. 39878
>>39875

That's a not question to Yukari, though. It's to John himself.
>> No. 39879
>>39878
Kahi said
>Be careful with your wording
So she WILL answer any question as if it were THE question.
>> No. 39880
And that's why my "overly flattery" speech is like that, so that nothing in there could be taken as a question until the end. (Use of indirect question).
Well, with the way this vote seems headed, this will end horribly or hilariously.
>> No. 39881
[x] Oh, Demon queen, what I seek is only knowledge, I've lived in your world since (my birth, X age) and there's lots of unanswered questions about thy world, but the one I seek is the enligthment of my human curiosity. For this time I've come to interact with the creatures of your devise, beings made of pastry an filling, beings in the state between plant and animal, in the border of human-like but animalistic, beings that resemble people but fall right inside the uncanny-valley, beings that don't exist in the world outside and we've came to name "yukkuri", who therefore must be one of your great creations; what I seek is for you to show me their purpose, their workings, the people they take after their appearances and their names, the reason my mind tells me they looke like someone that I don't know yet must exist somewhere. What I ask is nothing more than understanding about the creation to know the creator itself and marvel in the glory of her wisdom, my queen. Also, in any other situation I'd be glad to share a spot of coffee with this lovely lady that controls my fate, yet I'm allured to seek her company.

Deleted >>39783 because it was too OOC to be reasonable, deleted >>39801 because I don't want to use Yukari's presence as advertising, and deleted one other post whose number I forgot to record because I don't want one of the crazier options to win.
>> No. 39882
[x] Oh, Demon queen, what I seek is only knowledge, I've lived in your world since (my birth, X age) and there's lots of unanswered questions about thy world, but the one I seek is the enligthment of my human curiosity. For this time I've come to interact with the creatures of your devise, beings made of pastry an filling, beings in the state between plant and animal, in the border of human-like but animalistic, beings that resemble people but fall right inside the uncanny-valley, beings that don't exist in the world outside and we've came to name "yukkuri", who therefore must be one of your great creations; what I seek is for you to show me their purpose, their workings, the people they take after their appearances and their names, the reason my mind tells me they looke like someone that I don't know yet must exist somewhere. What I ask is nothing more than understanding about the creation to know the creator itself and marvel in the glory of her wisdom, my queen. Also, in any other situation I'd be glad to share a spot of coffee with this lovely lady that controls my fate, yet I'm allured to seek her company.
>> No. 39883
[X] "So, if this my dream and you're in it, I have to wonder why it is not a wet dream. Anyways..."
[X] "I wish to one day love an attractive non-human entity who will return those feelings, and who I can have kids with. Would you be willing to play matchmaker?"
>> No. 39886
>>39880
Kahi said that Yukari will probably tune out most of it if John tries that.
>> No. 39888
>>39884
>>39829
See
>>39855
>> No. 39890
>>39888
See
>>39886
>> No. 39893
[x] Oh, Demon queen, what I seek is only knowledge, I've lived in your world since (my birth, X age) and there's lots of unanswered questions about thy world, but the one I seek is the enligthment of my human curiosity. For this time I've come to interact with the creatures of your devise, beings made of pastry an filling, beings in the state between plant and animal, in the border of human-like but animalistic, beings that resemble people but fall right inside the uncanny-valley, beings that don't exist in the world outside and we've came to name "yukkuri", who therefore must be one of your great creations; what I seek is for you to show me their purpose, their workings, the people they take after their appearances and their names, the reason my mind tells me they looke like someone that I don't know yet must exist somewhere. What I ask is nothing more than understanding about the creation to know the creator itself and marvel in the glory of her wisdom, my queen. Also, in any other situation I'd be glad to share a spot of coffee with this lovely lady that controls my fate, yet I'm allured to seek her company.

Only half-decent vote. The other options, with one or two exceptions, are so profoundly unintelligent, they make /th/ look like a forum for formal debate by comparison.
>> No. 39895
[x]>>39829

Sorry, but the other vote is just too pretentious, the trap vote doesn't make me smile like this one does, and if what >>39886 said is true (and I have no reason to doubt it is), also likely to backfire.
>> No. 39896
You guys do know she's just going to set us up with one of our yukkuri?

[x] What are the details of all the events in the contest, whether said events happen now or in the future?

Was >>39785, changing.
>> No. 39897
Considering we're getting into yet another Skub fight, would it be too much to ask for a spamvote check, just to be thorough here?
>> No. 39898
>>39897
It doesn't matter. All the options are equally useless.
>> No. 39899
>>39896
Yukkuri cannot breed with Humans. A Yukkuri that can is no longer a yukkuri, but rather a Youkai.
>> No. 39900
>>39898

This is not the case. It just depends on what sort of outcome you're hoping for.
>> No. 39904
>>39899
http://yukkuri.wikia.com/wiki/Hybrids
>> No. 39905
>>39904
You're using the wikia? Might I remind you of why the sane tend to avoid those piles of refuse? Hint, "Neko Scarlet".
>> No. 39906
>>39905
Although the Yukkuri wiki is pretty hit-and-miss in a lot of places, it's not bad with the general details - half-human hybrids do exist in the yukkuri fandom, though the concept can be as creepy as hell largely because the hybrids closely resemble humans (surprise, surprise) but are often treated as though they were yukkuri.

Having said that though, the idea of creating half-human, half-yukkuri hybrids is . . . unappealing.
>> No. 39911
[x]>>39825
>> No. 39914
[x] What should I do to be able to have more conversations with you?


Because why not ask how to get to speak with her again? Though, does anyone have a better way to word this? I get the feeling that there is some better way to phrase this.
>> No. 39916
>>39914
This is a very nice idea in a sea of turds.
>> No. 39918
>>39855
Actually, Kahi was there when I suggested it. Do you know what he said with the original version I suggested? "Yukari would likely have snatched one of Patchy's homunculi and dropped it in." Yeah, you read that right. There WILL be results based on what is said. The issue is WHAT those results will be. Oh, and the "Wet Dream" comment will generate a reaction as well. So yeah, there is a reason for things.

>>39896
Very unlikely. Or put it this way, is this amusing enough for Yukari to do when she can stir up even more amusing shit with the opening we're giving her?
>> No. 39919
>>39918
With this information, asking that does seem a lot more justified.

That said, you sorta seem like you're implying he should have known that. Surely you can appreciate what others who may not have been in said discussion with Kahi might draw the conclusion that Yukari is simply offering an answer with no attached action.
>> No. 39921
>>39919
Yeah, that's true, but people can talk with Kahi on the CQ/DQ google document page. He might not answer any question you ask him, but he is (usually) willing to talk with people willing to make the effort to talk with him in turn.

...if only more of the Doll's Quest players/participants would take advantage of this. They'd (hopefully) realize when they're digging themselves into holes and likely to fuck themselves over with what they're doing more often.
>> No. 39934
[x]"I want to know the steps to breeding super yukkuri, and the rare yukkuri species and hybrids."

Why not.
>> No. 39935
>>39867
>sticking to the fetish

Mah nigga.

[x] "So, if this my dream and you're in it, I have to wonder why it is not a wet dream."
[x] Could you please transform me into the cutest and most feminine boy ever? I wish to be the trap.
>> No. 39937
[X] >>39829
>> No. 39938
>>39918
Holy fuck that IS a possible interpretation. Thank you.
Goddamn monkey's paw.

Anyway: [x]"I want to know the steps to breeding super yukkuri, and the rare yukkuri species and hybrids."
>> No. 39940
I know >>39810 was probably meant to be a joke/frustration vote, but there actually is potential in it. Think about it. The MC starts the story utterly repulsed by the thought of such acts, likening it to beastality. From there, the first time may be very marginally excusable (and I'm being very generous there) given Alice's natural needs, but he's gone so far as to fantasize about it in the middle of a mob meeting, and to do it with a Chen, who unlike Tenshi and Alice, have no excuse for needing such things, while in the middle of a trap setting session of all times on an open roof. We also know that Kahi is not above flat out rejecting nonsensical votes should the situation call for it, as seen in his other stories. From a meta perspective, yeah yeah anon votes, MC does, but from an in story perspective, his actions aren't making that much sense. And given the post about how Kahi is ready to respond to even the matchmaking votes, I really want to see what the in story reason for the MC's depravity is.

[x] In the past few days, I've gone from being utterly repulsed to having sex with yukkuri to happily fantasising about it and doing the deed in all sorts of places. This shouldn't be right. What has been happening to me? (or whatever adequate reword fits as anon or Kahi deems appropriate, as long as it combines with the other two votes above)
>> No. 39941
[x] "So, if this my dream and you're in it, I have to wonder why it is not a wet dream."
[x] Could you please transform me into the cutest and most feminine boy ever? I wish to be the trap.
>> No. 39942
>>39940
I'd rather go for a chance of finding another romantic interest and stopping instead of discovering the explanation for our actions.

[X] "So, if this my dream and you're in it, I have to wonder why it is not a wet dream. Anyways..."
[X] "I wish to one day love an attractive non-human entity who will return those feelings, and who I can have kids with. Would you be willing to play matchmaker?"
>> No. 39943
>>39942
>another romantic interest

We already have those. The three human females who haven't tried to sacrifice John are possible to romance (Yes, Frida included). Maybe four, if the female guard of the factory is possible too. The only non-humans on this story are Yukari, the Demon Queen herself, and the yukkuri, and we already have these.
>> No. 39944
[x]>>39825
>> No. 39945
[x]>>39825
>> No. 39946
[x] Could you please transform me into the cutest and most feminine boy ever? I wish to be the trap.

Nothing is good, but this one at least appeals to my sexuality.
>> No. 39947
>>39944
>>39945

Suuuuure...not spam at all, right?
>> No. 39949
>>39947
That's what happens when there's a fatal error. Assuming the voter behind it is legit, which I doubt, it's likely an honest mistake.
>> No. 39950
This is a message for the guy votespamming the story. Don't even try to deny it, there's no fucking way there could be nine votes to ask Yukari to turn us as girly as possible, especially when there's been less posts than that in total between some updates in this thread.

Why? Do you just not like yukkuri?

It's much less effort to simply hit the hide thread button than to take the time to post from different IPs.
>> No. 39952
Okay, I think it's been long enough for everyone to vote who intends to. Calling it, will tally properly soon.
>> No. 39953
Congrats guys, we're requesting to be turned into a bishie!

Kahi, at some point you've got to recognize that people aren't taking things seriously.
>> No. 39956
Was >>39896, changing vote to the lesser of two evils just in case.

[X] "So, if this my dream and you're in it, I have to wonder why it is not a wet dream. Anyways..."
[X] "I wish to one day love an attractive non-human entity who will return those feelings, and who I can have kids with. Would you be willing to play matchmaker?"
>> No. 39958
>>39953
>Kahi, at some point you've got to recognize that people aren't taking things seriously.

Even though this story is supposed to be for fun, and not serious business? That was said on thread one.

While I don't have anything against traps and I may have a twisted fetish for them, I am rather disappointed at the wasted opportunity. The fact that I know at least one person who voted for it makes this rage worthy.
>> No. 39959
Well I think trap votes were from one person(cough*ipcheck*cough).
>> No. 39960
>>39959
Actually, as the guy who threw out the matchmaker vote for laughs, I'm not very amused to find out that the spamvoters were spamming my vote here.
>> No. 39961
>>39960

You're not the only one who the lost taste for his own vote because of that.
>> No. 39962
File 132953493734.jpg - (147.12KB , 505x676 , 248ec53f313cab15fe12788387aee523.jpg ) [iqdb]
39962
OKAY. Short of it: Trappification and Matchmakery are a hideously complex morass of maybes and gray areas.

Every vote for long-winded sycophantism is, however, legitimate.

In the interest of not getting more of a headache trying to laboriously determine exactly who is real and who is not, I'll be going with that. As a nod to people who may or may not have been real, though:

Matchmakery: Yukari refuses, but explains exactly why she doesn't need to go out of her way to do this for you. Also, complains about you getting cold feet after a strong start-up. Rates your come-on as 4/10, but admits that you don't fit her standards of interest, so she wouldn't have done anything with you anyway.

Trappification: Yukari initially rebuffs you, but when you follow up with the request, she decides to go ahead with it. Yukari messes with your boundaries, violates you horribly in an H-scene I won't go into the details regarding, etc, you gain no actual information but wake up with hilarious new sets of problems.

Neither of these things is what is about to occur, though. New thread inbound.
>> No. 39963
>>39962
>Trappification: Yukari initially rebuffs you, but when you follow up with the request, she decides to go ahead with it. Yukari messes with your boundaries, violates you horribly in an H-scene I won't go into the details regarding, etc, you gain no actual information but wake up with hilarious new sets of problems.

Fucking spammers.
>> No. 39964
>>39963
Despite being opposed to it, I have to admit that the trap option would've been kind of hilarious in the 'Oh God, I can't turn my head' train-wreck sense.
>> No. 39965
>hilarious in the 'Oh God, I can't turn my head' train-wreck sense.

I am reliably informed that I'm good at that.
>> No. 39966
>>39960
>>39961

Well, here's an idea, maybe you guys shouldn't make votes you don't intend to have win. Or at least cross them out so there can be no doubt those are jokes.

>>39962

Out of curiosity, would anything of note have happened if the "Why we bang yukkuri" vote won?
>> No. 39967
>>39965
You are but it's kind of expected of this story because the whole 'laughing at imminent disaster' thing is pretty bread-and-butter for yukkuri in general.
>> No. 39976
>>39967

It didn't really start off that way.

Then people started voting to put the MC's dick into things.

Voila, trainwreck.
>> No. 39997
>>39962
I approve of this decision.
>> No. 40181
>>39976

I disagree sir. In my humble opinion, this story is on par or above the other examples of slice of life CYoAs on this site. The fact the MC's dick may or may not have entered some things doesn't automatically make the story suck.

Also, we seem to be moving at a steady pace twords our original goal, so classifying this story as a "train wreck" would obviously not be appropriate.
>> No. 40183
Ours is a train that upon wrecking rebuilds itself to continue along it's path. This means we can have many wonderful trainwreck decisions, and a wonderful story surrounding them.
>> No. 41649
>>39968

New thread.