[Return]
Archived Thread

File 13228542421.png - (313.59KB , 480x640 , 976b9b49771b10d883f789de0acb5d2f8b358307.png ) [iqdb]
38332 No. 38332
You decide that all of your pets deserve a reward for following your instructions.

You start of thinking candy. But the fact remains that you haven't been throwing money away at treats like that. You think there's a small sack of sugar in a high cupboard, for cooking and sweetening coffee, if you only had a coffee maker. And coffee. Aside from that the only sweets you have would be... well, the muck left over from the execution.

You'll have to do something with that junk, but you're not quite sure what. It's probably not 'reward' material, though.

Your next obvious thought is catnip. That's what cats like, right? And Chen is sort of enough like a cat that that could carry through, you guess.

.... Thing is, you didn't own a cat, before, so you don't have any, and you haven't bought anything like that since Chen arrived. If you want to run out and purchase some right now, then you could... but that would mean leaving all the yukkuri to their own devices in your apartment, and you can imagine that going pretty wrong pretty quickly.

So, that cuts that out. About the only thing you have on-hand to reward them with is sex...

Praise. Praise, damn your treacherous brain, is what you had intended to think.

You sigh, and then pat Alice on the head.

"You've done well, birthing so many fine babies, just like I asked. All three of you have." You say, and decide to shift over the discussion of rewards to them. "Is there anything you'd like?"

Alice turns, blinking at you. Then her gaze lowers, focusing with an almost frightening intensity.

"Yes. There is something Alice would like, Master~" She says, eagerly.

".... Um." You manage. "There's some things I need to do, still. Maybe we should discuss this later? And you can go back to teaching for a bit. Oh, and you lot... pay attention, will you? Alice is doing this to be kind."

"Uneasy yukkuri... what she says is uneasy..." Marisa senior grumbles to itself. The general sentiment of the crib seems fairly similar.

"You'll be grateful later, if you learn well." You point out. "Humans find you annoying. She's trying to teach you to be less annoying to them. Would you rather a human chastise you, after the fact?"

It grumbles... but doesn't speak up, eyes flashing with sudden wariness again. You go and sit down, ready to focus on your other big problem. You have the landlords number, but that's less important, and they'll be asleep by this time anyway.

You aren't sure how much information you can find on the mob on the internet, but you give it a good effort.

... As expected, you don't find much. A fair bit on the italian mafia, some on the american mafia, and some on the organized crime institutions of other countries, none of which are really relevant to the City. In point of fact, it's pretty hard to keep your browsing limited to the localized City network, and not end up looking at outside things. But as time passes, the best you can find are a few oblique references in local news. Someone robbed a store paying protection money, for example, and the perpetrator later found an interest in visiting the Edge himself. From which he tripped, and fell, as a 'trustworthy eyewitness account' relates.

... You try not to imagine how long it would take to die, after being thrown off the edge. There's nothing to really hit... you would probably end up starving to death. No, that's not right... you'd probably die from dehydration first. Assuming there's not some sort of outer limit after which there's no breathable air, or you don't manage to fall directly into the sun, or something. Not pleasant, in any case.

But judging by the fact that the robbed man later found an 'anonymous donation' to the tune of exactly his losses and costs for repairs, later, you could guess that they're treating nice-place-shame-if-something-happened-to-it protection money as more along the lines of an unofficial sort of insurance.

... there's not really much else to be found, as it happens. It's not like organized crime really go out of their way to advertise themselves.

Well, you still think deferring any agreements about a loan might be a good idea. Buying and selling things is probably safe, though. You don't doubt that they can get ahold of things, for a price. You'll have to look at equipment and supply costs....

... As you thought, equipment for a food cart or booth would actually be more expensive than for a cafe. In both situations, you need to prepare all of the edibles from scratch, after all. A cafe, coffee-house or tea-house, though.... yeah, like you had guessed, they buy all their sweets pre-made from a bakery, and then just re-sell them for a marked-up price. There's not any real cooking involved, except for perhaps putting a cooled pastry into a microwave for a few seconds, if a customer wants it warmed up, or drizzling a tiny bit of extra flavoring over the top. Not exactly things that require five-star chefs.

Mostly, it's just brewing the drinks, as far as you can tell, as 'cooking' goes. Not difficult at all. The customers would be paying less for straight-out-of-the-oven treats, and more for the ambiance factor, eating them alongside a cup of fancy coffee and cream in a pleasant cafe.

Not that a cart or booth would be a bad idea. It's just that you don't think experience from them will neccessarily help much in a cafe. Maybe a little, but you aren't entirely sure it would be worth the effort of starting one up, running it for a little while, and then closing it down to run the cafe. Or the expense, for that matter.

... it's pretty late, by this time. Past ten. There's not much else you can do here, but if you stay up too long, then it'll be a pain to get yourself in proper order in the morning for your meeting.

---

10:14 PM

[ ] What do you do?

>> No. 38334
Is Marisa senior going to start a rebellion or something? That'd be cool.
>> No. 38335
I think she's just wary of the stuff we showed her still.

And if she isn't, and tries to influence her kids, well, more traumatisation therapy is always available.

[x] Sleep.
>> No. 38336
[x] Our plan is to build a business relationship - beginning with the equipment to start a food booth - to be specific, a sandwich stand.
[x] Get the yukkuri to go to sleep.
[x] Set our alarm to 6.
[x] Go to sleep.

Interesting, I hadn't realized that a cafe in this case referred to a coffee-house rather than an informal restaurant that served up foods such as sandwiches and pastries.

I'd still recommend that we create a menu with more than pre-bought pastries because that restricts our customer base to people who eat pastries. Although we're dependent on our business atmosphere to keep our customers returning, it helps if we attract a wider clientele through offering other foods such as salads and sandwiches in addition to pre-bought pastries. Using a metaphor, it's a little like fishing in a lake rather than a pond.

I believe that this additional information should not change our plan but rather refine it. Rather than purchasing equipment to set up a food booth, we contract to purchase supplies and equipment to set up a sandwich stand that also sells coffee. We start training our Alice to make sandwiches and to brew coffee using the stand, apprentice her children to her later on, and then switch Alice to sandwich-making and coffee-brewing duties in the cafe once that has been opened. We'll also need to look into ways to teach our other yukkuri to waitress - perhaps unpaid internships at restaurants elsewhere?

Having said that, Frank is kind of sloppy about this, huh? Has he even told us about who our contact is and how we can pick our contact out in the restaurant?
>> No. 38337
Alice still wants sex.

[x] Sexy times
>> No. 38339
[x] Our plan is to build a business relationship - beginning with the equipment to start a cafe.
[x] Get the yukkuri to go to sleep.
[x] Set our alarm to 6.
[x] Does frank have a key
if yes
-[x] Lock the door.
if no
-[x] FRANK! shakes fist. leave it unlocked.
[x] sleep
>> No. 38340
Remember to talk to land lady/lord tomorrow as well.
>> No. 38341
[x] Our plan is to build a business relationship - beginning with the equipment to start a cafe.
[x] Get the yukkuri to go to sleep.
[x] Set our alarm to 6.
[x] Does frank have a key
if yes
-[x] Lock the door.
if no
-[x] spank your tenshi
[x] sleep
>> No. 38344
[x] Our plan is to build a business relationship - beginning with the equipment to start a cafe.
[x] Get the yukkuri to go to sleep.
-[x] Feed them dinner if you haven't already.
[x] Set our alarm to 6 AM.
[x] Go to sleep.

I just had the strangest thought that was completely unrelated to this story: the Shire, but with bodied yukkuri toddling about instead of hobbits, smoking fine plants, enjoying life in general, and having the time of their lives when someone throws a party. Fun little thought, that.
>> No. 38345
[x] Check how Shangai is doing before going to sleep.
[x] Put the girls and the yukkuri to sleep.
[x] Set alarm at a reasonable time.
[x] Go to sleep. Duh.

>[x] Set our alarm to 6.

And have John sleep during the meeting? Better not.
>> No. 38346
[x] Our plan is to build a business relationship - beginning with the equipment to start a cafe.
[x] Get the yukkuri to go to sleep.
[x] Set our alarm to 6.
[x] Go to sleep.
-[x] Lock the door to your room.

Don't want to keep the mob waiting.
>> No. 38347
>>38346
Yes

[x] Our plan is to build a business relationship - beginning with the equipment to start a cafe.
[x] Check on Shanghai
[x] Get the yukkuri to go to sleep.
[x] Set our alarm to 6.
[x] Go to sleep.
-[x] Lock the door to your room.
>> No. 38348
>[x] Our plan is to build a business relationship - beginning with the equipment to start a cafe.

There is no need to keep repeating this, you know?
>> No. 38350
>>38348
It's relevant because it's a slight but important contrast to the last round of votes where it was 'purchase equipment to start a food booth' rather than 'purchase equipment to start a cafe'. Since equipment in business refers to all tangible properties other than land and buildings, that means it's a vote to purchase chairs, tables, brewers and other miscellaneous assets. In effect, it's a vote to contract to purchase all those assets perhaps even including the equipment needed to set up a food booth depending on whether the cafe's menu includes more than pre-made pastries rather than a vote to contract to purchase the equipment needed to set up a food booth.

Personal bias aside, it might be more sensible to vote to either purchase the equipment in multiple transactions or to secure the loan. Because to be honest, it's unlikely that we'll be able to earn the money fast enough to afford that big a purchase. Not to mention what we're going to do with all that stuff and where to put it unless we start renting storage space.

I wish we'd chosen to do something simpler - like starting up a yukkuri extermination business. We could've purchased a breeding pair of a Chen and a Remilia, taught them to find and catch prey using stray yukkuri we picked up on the streets, and gone hunting in weirder and wackier environs as the missions came in. Hell, imagine setting our adorable and hypothetical army of Remilias on a clan of wild yukkuri vegetable thieves while we played 'Ride of the Valkyries' on a radio.
>> No. 38353
[x] Our plan is to build a business relationship - beginning with the equipment to start a cafe.
[x] Check on Shanghai
[x] Get the yukkuri to go to sleep.
[x] Set our alarm to 6.
[x] Go to sleep.
>> No. 38354
[x] Our plan is to build a business relationship - beginning with the equipment to start a cafe.
[x] Check on Shanghai
[x] Get the yukkuri to go to sleep.
[x] Set our alarm to 6.
[x] Go to sleep.
-[x] Lock the door to your room.
>> No. 38355
>>38350
>yukkuri extermination business.

Where the fuck were you during thread 1?
>> No. 38358
>>38355
I'm a relative newcomer to this site who had little inclination to participate and not the slightest clue about this site's organization. Since I was aware of who Kahi was, I started reading Patchouli Quest after someone recommended it elsewhere and I started reading about the little bun things once Patchurri popped up there. After binging on yukkuri material elsewhere, I noticed mention of City Quest in the Patchouli Quest threads and Googled it - coming across it right around the time that the cannibal Marisa had been eliminated.

Had I been around in Thread One knowing what I do now about the little pests, I would have pushed for a yukkuri extermination business that started with home exterminations and then moved onto clan exterminations and dosu-yukkuri hunting. Imagine surprising raiding Marisas and Reimus with a ditch dug around a vegetable patch, chasing the survivors home with our dumb but adorable Remilia squadron, rooting out their nests with Chens, capturing/conscripting rare specimens as we conquered clan after clan, killing dosu-yukkuri with traps and deception, and watching their expressions as tears overcame the little pests. I imagine it would've been an absurd but hilarious mixture of Pokemon, Monster Hunter, the Total War series and a number of obscure strategic RPGs - except better because we'd be the yukkuri version of Genghis Khan.
>> No. 38372
File 132296812066.png - (158.07KB , 602x692 , f3452bde2b26987818e34fb1274d95ff.png ) [iqdb]
38372
All right. Cafe equipment, that's... coffee brewers, fancy chairs and tables, a cash register, a microwave for reheating.... you might be able to use this one, if you're lucky enough to get a suitable place attached to living quarters, and can move over to there. It would likely cost more rent, but at the same time, you wouldn't be paying rent here any more... you kind of want to look into the yukkuri nesting here though, and won't be able to do that after you've moved out. If you do. But add that to sundry miscellaneous things... Hm. Yeah, buying all that at once would be really difficult, without a loan. Stacking supplies on top of things...

You make a plate of sandwiches while you think, and pass them out among your pets, claiming one for yourself. Then you take a minute to check on Shanghai... she's sleeping, curled up with the infant Alice, and the Tenshi from Alice's litter, on the cushions set out in your bedroom. The other two litters are similarly piled against each other, though they aren't quite as close to the other groups.

Well, the kids are asleep, anyway. You set your alarm back a couple more hours, to just before dawn, and then go check to be sure your front door is locked before you start turning lights off and preparing for bed.

Frank has his key with him, there won't be an issue about getting back in when he returns. From moving furniture for a lady acquaintance. Late at night. For hours. You sigh, and lock up the bedroom door as well, once the collared ones are through.

"Marisa and Reimu... are hard to teach." Alice says, in a disappointed tone.

"It's fine, they're just stubborn. I'm sure they'll catch on eventually." You say, settling into bed.

... Alice eagerly climbs up after you, setting a hand on your thigh. She's looking up at you with almost hungry eyes, as the hand slides a little. You have the strong feeling that this is basically the opposite of the normal status quo.

"Can Master-" She starts, but you interrupt.

"Tomorrow is important." You say, awkwardly. "I need to sleep, so I'm well rested for that meeting."

".... But, maybe Alice could-?"

"Not tonight." You insist. "I need to sleep right away."

She pouts, seeming unhappy with the decision. But after a moment she just sighs and lies down, hugging your leg. It doesn't seem like all of you is happy with this course of action either, though you know it's a good idea logically. In any case, sleep comes fairly quickly.

---

Day 4, 6:00 AM

The alarm shatters your slumber like a foghorn, and the infant yukkuri squeal from their place as they're awakened. You reach out and fumble it off, then lie in place as they mumble to themselves, and then seem to turn around and fall right back to sleep following the shock.

You have other things on your mind.

Tenshi seems to have joined Alice in the night, though she is occupying the other leg, and there seem to have somehow been some slight restraint issues with your boxers. You are, in short, hanging free, with nothing seperating bare skin from warm breath. Chen is sprawled out lazily on the floor, but as Tenshi and Alice start to stir sleepily, she's very far from being the first thing on your mind.

You're not sure how it happened, and you don't think they're fully awake yet, but you barely have time to blink before they've shifted in position and begun rubbing their faces against... you.

... You're pretty sure that Frank's back by now, but he's probably asleep, and depending on when he got back an explosion might not be enough to wake him up.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 38374
[x] Stop Alice and Tenshi, reprimand them, and tell them to not do similar actions in the future.
[x] Get everything ready for the meeting with the mafia.
[x] Once done, if there is a lot of time before the meeting, locate landlord and bring Chen to the roof.
>> No. 38375
[x] Stop Alice and Tenshi, praise them, and tell them to do similar actions right now.
[x] Get everything ready for the meeting with the mafia.
[x] Once done, if there is a lot of time before the meeting, locate landlord and bring Chen to the roof.
>> No. 38376
[x] Stop Alice and Tenshi, reprimand them, and tell them to not do similar actions in the future.
[x] Get everything ready for the meeting with the mafia.
[x] Once done, if there is a lot of time before the meeting, locate landlord and bring Chen to the roof.
>> No. 38379
[x] Stop Alice and Tenshi, reprimand them, and tell them to not do similar actions in the future.
[x] Get everything ready for the meeting with the mafia.
[x] Get Frank up - ask him who is our contact and how can we identify our contact.
[x] Once done, if there is a lot of time before the meeting, locate landlord and bring Chen to the roof.
>> No. 38380
[x] Stop Alice and Tenshi, reprimand them, and tell them to not do similar actions in the future without asking.
[x] Get everything ready for the meeting with the mafia.
{x} Check on the babies
[x] Get Frank up - ask him who is our contact and how can we identify our contact.
[x] Once done, if there is a lot of time before the meeting, locate landlord and bring Chen to the roof.
>> No. 38383
role play or puzzle..
>> No. 38384
[x] Stop Alice and Tenshi, reprimand them, and tell them to not do similar actions in the future.
[x] Get everything ready for the meeting with the mafia.
[x] Get Frank up - ask him who is our contact and how can we identify our contact.
[x] Once done, if there is a lot of time before the meeting, locate landlord and bring Chen to the roof.
>> No. 38385
[x] Stop Alice and Tenshi, reprimand them, and tell them to not do similar actions in the future without asking.
[x] Get everything ready for the meeting with the mafia.
{x} Check on the babies
[x] Get Frank up - ask him who is our contact and how can we identify our contact.
>> No. 38386
[x] Stop Alice and Tenshi, reprimand them, and tell them to not do similar actions in the future without asking.
[x] Get everything ready for the meeting with the mafia.
{x} Check on the babies.
[x] Get Frank up - ask him who is our contact and how can we identify our contact.
[x] Once done, if there is a lot of time before the meeting, locate landlord and bring Chen to the roof.
>> No. 38387
[x] Stop Alice and Tenshi, reprimand them, and tell them to not do similar actions in the future.
[x] Get everything ready for the meeting with the mafia.
[x] Get Frank up - ask him who is our contact and how can we identify our contact.
[x] Once done, if there is a lot of time before the meeting, locate landlord and bring Chen to the roof.
>> No. 38389
[x] Stop Alice and Tenshi, reprimand them, and tell them to not do similar actions in the future.
[x] Get everything ready for the meeting with the mafia.
[x] Get Frank up in some comical manner.

I know I wanna see Frank woken up by a bucket of water or something.
>> No. 38392
>>38389

Why would you be a dick to your business partner? He had a long night of moving heavy furniture. Let him get some well deserved rest.
>> No. 38393
Tsk, you guys are no fun. The girls aren't doing anything bad, and it's still 6AM. We won't miss the meeting with the mafia.
>> No. 38394
>>38393

...They are raping you. Most people see rape as a bad thing.
>> No. 38397
>>38394
Sadly, We are not 'most people'. We are the people that your parents warned you about as a kid.
>> No. 38399
>>38397
No, we're most people, at least as much as it applies to the internet. The people your parents warned you about are over in /at/.
>> No. 38403
>>38394

They are still sleeping, and there is no violence involved.

Besides, can't rape the willing. But you guys are no fun at all.
>> No. 38407
>>38403
Shush. Bitching won't change anyone's mind. Just be happy that we have a receptive writer.
>> No. 38432
Eh, just to say that there wasn't a single vote for letting things be.

[x] It's ok. No one is getting hurt. Just enjoy the feeling, like you know you enjoy them. When they wake up, tell them to ask first.
[x] Get everything ready for the meeting with the mafia.
{x} Check on the babies
[x] Get Frank up - ask him who is our contact and how can we identify our contact.
[x] Once done, if there is a lot of time before the meeting, locate landlord and bring Chen to the roof.
>> No. 38433
File 132321223798.jpg - (130.98KB , 600x511 , 803661a1ebcab112b7b76b67ba5e7b6e53cc37ee.jpg ) [iqdb]
38433
They're definitely still asleep.

Despite that, unconsciously or not, what they're doing is... you kind of want to pull them off and run away, weirdly. Or at least shake them awake and tell them to ask before they do things with their faces and you.

A small, but vocal, part is insisting you should stay right there and just enjoy what's happening. You have to admit, this part has a valid point to be considered, as it's not like you haven't gone way beyond this already.

What you actually do is slip loose of their grip, head to the bathroom, and soak your head under cold running water for a minute. There we go.

No point to freaking out over it, or waking them up to tell them something, when they wouldn't have the slightest idea what you were talking about until you explained it. It'll just end up in a mess and confusion.

Yeah, stepping back out of the restroom, they've tangled themselves up with each other in slumber as much as they had with you. A quick check on the infants here shows them sleeping deeply as well, and haven't really changed since last night. You step out of the bedroom, unlocking the door on the way, and ignore a snoring Frank for a moment to check out the ones in the crib.

Reimu's birthed Marisa have increased in size, somewhat. Not terribly much, but enough to be clearly larger than the others, like they suddenly just swelled outwards somewhat when nobody was looking.... You guess they've entered the child stage, and can't really be called 'infants' any longer.

The Reimu in the jar hasn't grown. At all. But then, it hasn't been regularly fed. It's found a way to cling on, of course, with a few small, forced bites taken out of the lump of bean product it had left. That's still mostly there, though, as it doesn't seem it could bring itself to eat it properly, knowing what it was and where it had come from. It's sitting in the opposite side of the jar, facing away from it, possibly asleep and definitely shivering all over. It also looks pretty drawn and thin, outer layers seeming to sag just a little. It doesn't respond to your moving the jar, so you just leave it sitting there for the moment.

Then you inspect Frank. He looks frustratingly peaceful in his slumber, with rumpled clothes and... freshly washed hair. You definitely smell some kind of feminine, fruity shampoo lingering. Looks like he took a shower at this acquaintance's place before returning. He must have worked up quite a sweat, with all that furniture-moving.

He doesn't respond to being shaken, called, or kicked in the side. Yeah, he's sleeping like the dead at the moment. Definitely didn't get back until after midnight, anyway. You're a little irritated, because there's things you need to ask him, but even if you poured cold ice-water on him it wouldn't wake him up, and would only damage your upholstery. You'll try again in a couple hours, you suppose, but it's some time until noon.

You've got enough time to call your landlord, anyway...

... your landlord is out, or just not answering the phone at this hour of the morning, and you get redirected to a recorded message. You leave a message of your own, but it looks like he won't be back, or just won't respond to it, until this afternoon.

... You might have set your alarm a little early, come to think of it.

---

6:20 AM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 38434
[x] Set alarm to 7:50 AM. Take a small nap.
>> No. 38435
Didnt frank do the landlord a while back to get some money back?

... I didnt know he rolled that way.
>> No. 38438
[x] Check to see if you can see anything out the window now that it's light.
[x] Prepare for Mafia meeting. Locate fancy clothes, go over likely lines of discussion, and so on.
[x] If time permits, or there are some things you need Frank's input on, look up stuff on the internet.
-[x] Patchouli, and uses thereof.
-[x] Momiji, Yuuka, Yuugi, and/or Nitori, if time permits.

Time is money, and knowledge is power. Other than preparing for the Mafia, looking up things on the internet is the only productive thing I can think of to do with everybody asleep.
>> No. 38439
[x]This is some how all franks fault. Your not sure how but it is.
[x] deal with the problem child you'd really rather not have it starve to death... but if it refuses learn still your gonna have to find a new way to "educate" it.
>> No. 38440
this too
[x] Check to see if you can see anything out the window now that it's light.
>> No. 38441
[x] Check outside the window.
[x] Prepare for the meeting - shower, clean up, dress up, and mull over questions to be answered, etc.
[x] Research yukkuri medical care - is there a limit to what orange juice can do for yukkuri diseases/injuries? Can it heal mold? Amputations? Missing accessories?
[x] If we've got time, research yukkuri breeding - are there artificial insemination methods available and can stalks be snapped off and then immersed in some sort of sugary solution in order to birth the fetal yukkuri?

If we're going to try to breed for other bodied kinds in the future, it's either rape, counting on blind chance, or finding some method around the blob-bodied mutual distaste. Getting around the distaste altogether seems like a more tasteful solution.
>> No. 38442
[x] Check to see if you can see anything out the window now that it's light.
[x] Prepare for Mafia meeting. Locate fancy clothes, go over likely lines of discussion, and so on.
[x] Think of a different way to deal with the troublesome Reimu type as the jar isn't working.
[x] If time permits, or there are some things you need Frank's input on, look up stuff on the internet.
-[x] Patchouli, and uses thereof.
-[x] Momiji, Yuuka, Yuugi, and/or Nitori, if time permits.

Don't remember Yuugi types well but Nitori types are waterproof/loving yukkuris that are sometimes prone to assuming a terrifying face.
>> No. 38461
[x] Check to see if you can see anything out the window now that it's light.
[x] Dispose of the Reimu in the jar painlessly. It's shown itself stubborn, and has now eaten sweet things as a child.
-[x] Do it in some container other than the jar, as it makes good infant confinement. And clean out that poop so it's ready for the next troublemaker.
[x] Prepare for the meeting - shower, clean up, dress up, and mull over questions to be answered, etc.
[x] If we've got time, research yukkuri breeding - are there artificial insemination methods available and can stalks be snapped off and then immersed in some sort of sugary solution in order to birth the fetal yukkuri?
-[x] If time remains, look up Patchouli, and uses thereof.
--[x] If there's still more time, look up Momiji, Yuuka, Yuugi, and/or Nitori.
>> No. 38462
>>38461
their own shit doesn't taste sweet to them
>> No. 38465
>>38462
>The thought of making, or tricking it into eating its own excretions crosses your mind, but some enterprising individual seems to have already tried that out. It'll addict them just the same as filling will, to the sweetness
(from >>37973)

Also, you seem to have forgotten capitalization and punctuation. If you're new, please know that people value stuff like that here. The rules are at >>gensokyo/6052
>> No. 38466
>>38461
Using the Reimu as either bait or a training tool for our Chen seems more useful than putting it down to no benefit.
>> No. 38467
>>38465
That's if she doesn't know it's her own shit. Otherwise she probably would have eaten a lot more of it. They love sweet stuff and the more stupid/weak willed ones often get so addicted that care for nothing else. Now it may be addicted to sweet stuff now but until we know, we shouldn't just kill it or use it for bait.
>> No. 38469
>>38467
Well, yes, we don't know for certain. I assumed the word "making" in my previous quote meant that they still get addicted even when they know they're eating poop.

I'm still in favor of getting rid of it whether it's addicted or not, though. It was rude and stubborn, and even if it apologizes, I think it would just be at it again once the jar fades into memory. It's also malnourished and would need extra food, and might never fully recover (admittedly unlikely). When you add in that it has three sisters just like it and that we can have the parents spawn more pretty much whenever, I think there's little reason not to get rid of it in some fashion.
>> No. 38499
File 132349785446.jpg - (34.54KB , 850x850 , sample-4704d11513ca10763af1f50dda1f95fc.jpg ) [iqdb]
38499
It's still just dawning, but it's lighter outside now. You lean out the window to take a look.

At first you don't see anything, but after a moment of squinting you manage to pick out what might be a nest of some kind up close to the roof. It's not in reach, though, from the nearest window... You might be able to barely reach it with fingertips if you tried to get at it from there, but it would be a dangerous gamble, even assuming you want to take the bother of figuring out which room the window goes to and argue the landlord into letting you borrow the key for a few hours. You probably can't reach it from the roof either, come to think of it. If something's in at the time, though, you'll be able to see what it is... unless it hears you coming onto the roof and spooks before you can peek over.

Well, you might be able to make out what you can see a little clearer later, but you doubt you'll see much more. You close the window and take a few minutes to dig out some more professional clothes. Not exactly an expensive suit and tie, but you can do a button-down shirt, for a business meeting. You aren't sure how much discussion there'll be, but you take a bit to go over some things in your head.

No point in changing just yet, though, it's still a while before you'll have to head off. At very longest, the walk wouldn't take a full half hour. Frank won't be up for a while yet, either...

For now, computer time, you suppose. There's a few things you could look up.

Starting with breeding methods that don't involve breeding.

... It looks like artificial insemination will work. There's a helpful video of how to clinically stimulate the proper areas to induce the right responses, which you don't bother to watch because, to be perfectly honest, you don't really think collecting what you'd need for this will be at all difficult. Then, injected either directly where it would usually go, or through any point of the mother-to-be's body, it will start up either a bunch of infants inside, or a stalk to grow from that point. Probably best to stick it in the forehead, since that's where they usually grow, and a commenter points out that watching them try to move around with stalks in awkward positions, without harming their young, is both pathetic and hilarious.

Further skimming shows that it is possible to bring yukkuri to term even if the stalk is removed from its parent. However, it would require keeping it in a vase of orange juice, and constantly refilling it as the stalk absorbed it to keep the infants alive. In addition, the juice would have to be kept completely free of outside contaminants, or significant risk of some sort of 'mutations' arise. Finally, the infants born from this method have a very high chance of being born premature, even with the best care taken. The numbers are argued over, but the best guess is something like roughly ninety percent.

All in all, probably better to just leave the stalk on, you think.

You turn from this to looking at species in specific again. Patchouli, right of the bat, are noted as being intelligent. For yukkuri. They're also noted as being uncommonly frail, even for yukkuri. One person mentions that he thinks you could kill one with a feather. Another helpfully links to a video of what, you can only guess, is one being beaten to death with a feather. Laughs are had by all involved.

Seems like they have a strong 'addiction' to books, and can learn to read, though they don't know how right away. They don't really get much past reading slowly, though, and you don't see much about math beyond that they can be taught basic sums without too much trouble. Well, they could be useful, you guess. Maybe one could man a cash register, if it learns to accurately count and work with money. If you could convince Frank to let it, anyway.

You drift through links to a few more.

Momiji are apparently something like guard dogs. They're rare enough, though, that that's pretty much all you can find on them. Seems like most people prefer actual guard dogs to them, too.

Yuugi... are alcoholic. The cake inside is apparently made with particularly high-proof rum, and like Suika, who are filled with liquid alcohol of some sort, they seem to be in high demand from drunkards. They're fairly rare though, and aside from their alcoholic contents, there isn't too much to say. Tough skin, and horns, though, for both of them. If nothing else, they're durable, which must be particularly frustrating to the people trying to get at their contents.

You think you've seen Yuuka types before, as it happens, with a farmer or two in the field. Yeah, it seems like they have some gardening ability. You would guess that most of the farmers that use them already have them, though, so you couldn't say much towards the demand. You think-

Frank shifts in is sleep, distracting you. Hm. If he's moving, he might have begun to reach a point where he can be awakened. Aside from that, you're starting to get a little hungry. Breakfast would probably be good.

---

7:30 AM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 38501
[x] Prepare breakfast and get the cereal for the yukkuri.
[x] While in the kitchen, check on the confined Reimu. If it shows any sign of rudeness, addiction to sweets, or being too malnourished to function, execute it into the storage bin and spread some of its paste on the outside of the windowsill as bait for yukkuri.
-[x] Don't put it out whole, that would likely only attract predator yukkuri.
-[x] If you end up not killing the Reimu, use the paste from the Marisa instead.
[x] Wake up Frank.
[x] If any extra time presents itself, look up any balancing abilities Yuugis may or may not have.

That Reimu spent what, two days in the Jar? It damn well better be the most well-behaved yukkuri ever after this. And it's not like we don't have plenty more.
>> No. 38502
[x] Your landlord won't respond until this afternoon, huh. Get on that roof through whatever means necessary. Now.

I'm not looking forward to the inevitable apartment update. Boring~
>> No. 38503
[x] Prepare breakfast and get the cereal for the yukkuri.
[x] While in the kitchen, check on the confined Reimu. If it shows any sign of rudeness, addiction to sweets, or being too malnourished to function, execute it into the storage bin and spread some of its paste on the outside of the windowsill as bait for yukkuri.
-[x] Don't put it out whole, that would likely only attract predator yukkuri.
-[x] If you end up not killing the Reimu, use the paste from the Marisa instead.
[x] Wake up Frank.
[x] If any extra time presents itself, look up any useful abilities Yuugis may or may not have.

Welp, not much else to do at the moment, so it's bandwagon time.
>> No. 38504
[x] Prepare breakfast and get the cereal for the yukkuri.
[x] While in the kitchen, check on the confined Reimu
-[x] Don't put it out whole, that would likely only attract predator yukkuri.
-[x] If you end up not killing the Reimu, use the paste from the Marisa instead.
[x] Wake up Frank.
>> No. 38505
[x] Prepare breakfast and get the cereal for the yukkuri.
[x] While in the kitchen, check on the confined Reimu.
-[x] Start feeding it again. Bits are better when they look tasty.
[x] Wake up Frank.
>> No. 38508
>Bits are better when they look tasty.

I must admit to being confused. What does this mean? Is bits used as in "bacon bits"? If so, I would just like to say that yukkuri of all stripes would be attracted to sweet paste, whereas only predators and cannibals would be attracted to a whole yukkuri. Probably.
>> No. 38509
>>38508

Bait. I meant bait.
>> No. 38510
>>38508
Yukkuri can smell dead yukkuri in certain stories and the smell tends to repulse them. Of course, in most other stories, the dumb little things can't tell the difference and their paste is an ideal attractant.

Still, if we want to smush the Reimu and then use its paste as bait, we'll need to cause it to suffer so that its sweetness improves and allows us to attract more yukkuri. Having said that though, it seems to me that the Reimu is more useful if we keep it alive and whole. We can use the smushed Marisa as bait and then use Reimu to teach our Chen to sniff out yukkuri. For example, we either let the Reimu hide or conceal it in a controlled environment before letting Chen loose to track it through smell. That way we can train Chen to help us find wild yukkuri and to search out pests once we set up our business.
>> No. 38511
[x] Prepare breakfast and get the cereal for the yukkuri.
[x] While in the kitchen, check on the confined Reimu.
-[x] Start feeding it again.
[x] Wake up Frank.
>> No. 38543
File 132375196726.jpg - (118.52KB , 791x800 , Wheat-Bagel-with-Cream-Cheese.jpg ) [iqdb]
38543
Well, Alice might be a little miffed, but she's not awake, and you are. Time to start breakfast going.

By which you mean 'pull a sack of bagels out of a cupboard and look to see where you left the cheese'. But you can get feed ready for the yukkuri too, while you're at it.

You take a moment, once that's done, to take a closer look at the confined Reimu.

... It's awake. There's no real way of guessing how long it's been awake, but its eyes are red and puffy, and oddly glazed, and the shivering was from its quiet sobbing, slumped into the side of the jar with, as far as you can tell, not enough will to go back and try to choke down another tiny bite of its excretions.

It's just mumbling over and over about how sorry it is, and doesn't seem to even register that you're there, as you pick up the jar and peer inside.

"Are you ready to be a good girl, now?" You ask, after a moment.

... It still doesn't seem to grasp the existence of anything outside of the jar, lost in its own little world of trauma, just sobbing that same word over and over. You think you might have accidentally broken it. Whoops.

Part of you wants to just wash your hands of the matter and dispose of the broken little thing. Another part wants to check and see what will happen if you start feeding it again. Maybe it will get... well, you aren't sure about 'better', but possibly 'functional' and 'obedient'.

You weigh the options, then set the jar back down onto a kitchen counter while you think about it. No point in rushing to a decision, there.

Instead, you shake Frank. He groans a little as you munch on your bagel and cheese, blinking blearily at you.

"Whaaatcha want?" He says, yawning. "Been a long night.... got any of those with the little raisins in'm?"

"Sorry, I was shopping for me. I only have plain ones."

Frank grunts as he sits up and stretches.

---

7:53 AM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 38544
Bequeath to frank A BOOT TO THE HEAD

No no let me think about this
>> No. 38547
[x] Sprinkle some food into the container and then let the Reimu be.*
[x] Let's test Alice as a waitress.**
[x] Ask Frank about our contact and how we can identify our contact at the restaurant.

* We can come to a final decision later once we conclude our meeting with the mob.
** We might need to teach her what a waitress is.
>> No. 38548
[x] You don't really feel like playing Yukkuri psychologist. Let it out of the jar, clean the poop out, and give it some food.
-[x]If stays in its odd state, kill it painlessly and cleanly, then use its paste as bait outside your window.
-[x]If it becomes rude again once it realizes you're letting it out and feeding it, kill it painlessly and cleanly, then use its paste as bait outside your window.
-[x] If it is completely well-behaved, let it join its family, but mark it first, in case it's rude again or is now addicted to sweets like that cannibal. Use the Marisa's paste as bait outside your window.
[x] Frank hasn't had his bagel yet. See how Alice does as a mock waitress, with yourself serving as the cook.

Interesting.
>> No. 38549
[x] Sprinkle some food into the container and then let the Reimu be.
[x] Let's test Alice as a waitress.
[x] Ask Frank about our contact and how we can identify our contact at the restaurant.
-[x] If it is completely well-behaved, let it join its family, but mark it first, in case it's rude again or is now addicted to sweets like that cannibal.

Gentlemen

Let us not kill the Reimu if it remains odd or becomes rude again. Instead let us use it as organic disposal unit. Also lets not leave bait out till we can keep a good eye on at all times or we have a trap set up.
>> No. 38550
>>38549
This is a good point - why exactly is the point of smearing bait on the windowsill? Bait isn't very useful without a trap. At best, we attract some kind of aerial yukkuri who proceed to feed on the remnants and then leave behind a somewhat dirtied windowsill.
>> No. 38551
>>38549
>let us use it as organic disposal unit
Or we could, you know, just use the trash, which can also dispose of nonorganic things.

You do bring up a good point regarding bait, though. For a trap, why not use duct tape? Everybody has duct tape.

[x] You don't really feel like playing Yukkuri psychologist. Let it out of the jar, clean the poop out, and give it some food.
-[x]If stays in its odd state, kill it painlessly and cleanly. Try not to let it realize it's about to die, the poor thing.
-[x]If it becomes rude again once it realizes you're letting it out and feeding it, kill it painlessly and cleanly.
-[x] If it is completely well-behaved, let it join its family, but mark it first, in case it's rude again or is now addicted to sweets like that cannibal.
[x] Frank hasn't had his bagel yet. See how Alice does as a mock waitress, with yourself serving as the cook.
[x] Put some of the Reimu's, or Marisa's if you didn't kill it, paste on the windowsill, and lay out some duct tape around it.
[x] If Frank isn't coming to the meeting, ask him about how to recognize your contact and let him know to keep an eye out the window and grab anything that shows up, unless it's a predator.
[x] Look up yukkuri predators besides Remilia.

The other two yukkuri predators are Flandres and Rumias, but we don't know that yet. We probably should know that so we don't leave one in with the rest of our stock.
>> No. 38552
>>38551
Do normal trash cans produce food as a byproduct?
>> No. 38553
>>38552
Using a Reimu as trash disposal is not as useful as using a Yoshika that can ingest inedible items such as plastic. Since Yoshika are useless otherwise and undesirable, it'll be cheap to purchase a pair later on when we need such services.

As for the byproducts, stale bean paste isn't exactly very appetizing and while it's a step up from rotten meat, you're not going to be able to do much with either besides using them both as fertilizer.
>> No. 38554
[x] You don't really feel like playing Yukkuri psychologist. Let it out of the jar, clean the poop out, and give it some food.
-[x]If stays in its odd state, kill it painlessly and cleanly. Try not to let it realize it's about to die, the poor thing.
-[x]If it becomes rude again once it realizes you're letting it out and feeding it, kill it painlessly and cleanly.
-[x] If it is completely well-behaved, let it join its family, but mark it first, in case it's rude again or is now addicted to sweets like that cannibal.
[x] Frank hasn't had his bagel yet. See how Alice does as a mock waitress, with yourself serving as the cook.
[x] Put some of the Reimu's, or Marisa's if you didn't kill it, paste on the windowsill, and lay out some duct tape around it.
[x] If Frank isn't coming to the meeting, ask him about how to recognize your contact and let him know to keep an eye out the window and grab anything that shows up, unless it's a predator.
[x] Look up yukkuri predators besides Remilia.
>> No. 38555
[x] Sprinkle some food into the container and then let the Reimu be.
-[x] If it is completely well-behaved, let it join its family, but mark it first, in case it's rude again or is now addicted to sweets like that cannibal.
[x] Let's test Alice as a waitress.
[x] Ask Frank about our contact and how we can identify our contact at the restaurant.
>> No. 38556
[x] Sprinkle some food into the container and then let the Reimu be.
[x] Let's test Alice as a waitress.
[x] Ask Frank about our contact and how we can identify our contact at the restaurant.
-[x] If it is completely well-behaved, let it join its family, but mark it first, in case it's rude again or is now addicted to sweets like that cannibal.

Hmm, if we can develop ways to alliviate traumas, we could start taking care of broken yukkuri. Useful skill.
>> No. 38560
>>38556

Poor Frank, removed from his family for trying to help John win the contest by doing every female he has met and partying hard.

[x] Sprinkle some food into the container and then let the Reimu be.
-[x] If it is completely well-behaved, let it join its family, but mark it first, in case it's rude again or is now addicted to sweets like that cannibal.
[x] Let's test Alice as a waitress.
[x] Ask Frank about our contact and how we can identify our contact at the restaurant.
>> No. 38578
>>38560

Frank is secretly Juese Belmont in disguise, calling it now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5Vv9gcGFpM if you don't know who that is

[x] Sprinkle some food into the container and then let the Reimu be.
-[x] If it is completely well-behaved, let it join its family, but mark it first, in case it's rude again or is now addicted to sweets like that cannibal.
[x] Let's test Alice as a waitress.
[x] Ask Frank about our contact and how we can identify our contact at the restaurant.
>> No. 38590
File 132406721165.jpg - (133.70KB , 320x480 , 398644101086387ac63b1821ea0e2ab4.jpg ) [iqdb]
38590
"I need to know about the person I'll be contacting." You start with, taking a moment to go shake Alice a little bit. "I need to see how Alice does as a waitress, too. Not really the best of simulations here, but..."

"Yeah, yeah." Frank says, as Alice blinks awake, tangled up with Tenshi, who wakes only a little behind her. "Anyway, you'll be talking to the boss straight out, she'll probably have a couple other people with her. Group accountant and money handler, a couple of bodyguards..."

"Name and description." You say, directly, as you start smearing cheese on another bagel.

"Uh... Frida McCargar." Frank says. "Looks a lot younger than she really is, held up nice. You'd guess twenty-something, she's actually in her mid-sixties. Only hint is the grey hair. One blue eye, fancy eyepatch for the other. Never asked what happened there, but how I hear it she has a different story every time someone does. Nice lady. She'll cut you a new asshole if you screw around with her, but nice aside from that. Keep it business, though, or you're liable to get that switchblade of hers somewhere really unpleasant." He finishes with a frown.

"Unlike you, I don't flirt with everyone that looks even slightly receptive." You say, putting the food on a plate. "So I don't think it'll be an issue. Here, Alice. Take this to Frank."

Alice looks puzzled at the request, but takes the plate and walks it from the kitchen area to where Frank is seated, holding it out with a confused look. Frank wastes no time in eating.

"Not sure what you expected to figure out there, Johnny." He says, wryly. "Could have already guessed that they could do that much."

"Smile, Alice, when you bring an order to someone." You say, guessing from what you've experienced. "Tell them that their order is ready, and what it is, in case there was a mistake somewhere."

"Um... Alice doesn't really understand." She says, chewing her lip in thought. "Alice will try harder, next time."

"Yeah, okay." You say, turning to check on the contained infant. It looks like it's stopped crying, and it's very slowly eating now. Its eyes are still funny, though. Well, this might not be 'completely well behaved', but it's something close. It doesn't object when you remove its ribbon, to make a small mark with a pen on it, or when you put it back, focused entirely and singlemindedly on the laborious process of feeding itself.

---

8:04 AM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 38591
[x] Let the Reimu sit in its container.
[x] Use the spare time to interact with the Chens and Tenshis - we want to see which ones possess scum natures and which ones don't.
[x] Feed and clean Shanghai - personal interaction to build our connection to our most precious resource.
[x] Clean up and dress up for the meeting.
[x] Time it so that we're at the restaurant a little (about 10 minutes) before the meeting time.
>> No. 38592
[x] Let the Reimu sit in its container.
[x] Feed and clean Shanghai - personal interaction to build our connection to our most precious resource. Let her hang around you while you're home.
[x] Use the spare time to interact with the Chens and Tenshis - we want to see which ones possess scum natures and which ones don't.
[x] Clean up and dress up for the meeting. It's better to be some time early.
>> No. 38593
Now for the most important question... (not really)Should we take the Shanghai with us as defensive measure. (Who knows if we get in danger it might turn into a Hourai as it seems to consider us family)
>> No. 38594
[x] Let the Reimu sit in its container.
[x] Feed and clean Shanghai - personal interaction to build our connection to our most-goddamnit she's cute.
[x] Use the spare time to interact with the Chens and Tenshis - we want to assess their personalities.
[x] Clean up and dress up for the meeting. It's better to be some time early.
>> No. 38597
>>38593
Yes, the world would be a much better (in a Darwinian sense) and much more hilarious (using the right perspective) place if people went to business meetings with laser-shooting fireflies (albeit adorable fireflies).
>> No. 38598
[x] Let the Reimu sit in its container. Clean the poop out.
[x] Wake up and feed all the yukkuri. 8:00 is a pretty good time to start business, and while you're not sure if yukkuri form sleeping schedules, you at least want them to get used to being woken up.
[x] Use some spare time to interact with/observe the children - we want to catch any bad eggs.
[x] What's up with that one Reimu's eyes? Check on that real quick.
[x] Clean up and dress up for the meeting. It's better to be a bit early, unless the mafia will think you're going to set up some sort of trap.

>It doesn't object when you remove its ribbon
Guys, I think it's broken. Its eyes are still weird, and it doesn't mind the loss of its accessory.

Treating our yukkuri differently is just going to arouse jealousy among them.
>> No. 38599
[x] Let the Reimu sit in its container. Clean the poop out.
[x] Wake up and feed all the yukkuri. 8:00 is a pretty good time to start business, and while you're not sure if yukkuri form sleeping schedules, you at least want them to get used to being woken up.
[x] What's up with that one Reimu's eyes? Check on that real quick.
[x] Look up the warning signs of yukkuri maladies, such as mold.
[x] Use some spare time to interact with/observe the children - we want to to assess their personalities.
[x] Clean up and dress up for the meeting. It's better to be a bit early, though not ridiculously so.
[x] What's Frank doing during this meeting? Is he coming?

According to some depictions of mold infestation, intense itching is felt, but it would still be nice to know what to look for.
>> No. 38600
>>38598
Broken Reimu can still be used as bait and in training exercises. For example, we can teach Chen to hunt through scent by hiding the Reimu and then ordering Chen to smell it out. At this point, it's dead - all that remains is to determine a manner of death that benefits us.

Regarding the problems of special treatment, I believe the solution is to create tiers - scum, normal, labor. Scum are the ones that are unteachable, the ones that we sell at a discounted rate and separate from the rest. Normals are the ones that we sell as pets, the ones that can be made obedient but are not useful in labor. Labor are the most intelligent and the most obedient, the ones that we will use in our business and the ones that we want to keep around as breeding material. We ignore the scum and use them as disposable units. We treat the normals and the labor in equal measure up until the obedience training is complete and labor training begins. Once that is accomplished, we put the normals out for sale and continue treating our labor well as we put them through further training. Later on, once we acquire more martial specimens such as Youmu and Sakuya, we use the labor-tier specimens to enforce this order.

In sum, set up a quasi-elite in order to suppress their own brethren.
>> No. 38602
>>38600
>Scum are the ones that are unteachable, the ones that we sell at a discounted rate and separate from the rest.

How about using them as ingredients?
>> No. 38603
>>38602
Sell them as entertainment/breeding material, use them as food/food ingredients, bait traps using them, teach our labor to hunt using them, turning them into fertilizer, using them as examples to the normal and labor tiers - it's all good so long as we can get some use out of them rather than squashing them offhandedly like that ko-Marisa from way back.
>> No. 38604
>>38600
While I agree with you that troublemakers should be dealt with, and the helpful should be rewarded, I don't think we need a whole system around it.

First, simply writing off the bad ones is ignoring the fact that they can reform. For example, the wild Marisa was calling us her slave at first, yet later it tried to get its child to stop misbehaving. Sure, after a point there's no doubt that they're not going to reform, but immediately classifying one as scum is removing any future possible use. If disposable yukkuri are what we need, the factory sells them for 1M a dozen.

Second, there's no point in creating an elite class of yukkuri. There's no difference between a well-behaved yukkuri and one that's fit to work, and there won't be any unrest among the yukkuri if we do our jobs and remove any troublemakers from their ranks. Sure, we may as well keep track of who's good at what and use that when deciding who to breed, but these are yukkuri we're talking about. We don't need any help in order to enforce order.

TL;DR: Every yukkuri gets treated the same, unless they are bad, in which case they are punished.
>> No. 38606
>>38604
Parent Marisa is not scum - it falls somewhere in the middle, stupid and prone to delusional thinking but it's a far-cry from the ko-Marisa that cannibalized its siblings.

I intended scum to describe the yukkuri that either can't be reformed or are not worth reforming - the cannibals, the deformed, the blatantly malicious, and those so stupid and ill-natured that they seem to be sexually attracted to death. It's not something that we can discern at birth but rather something we pick up on as we interact with our yukkuri and then immediately separate to prevent contamination to the rest of our stock. The only reason that yukkuri would be separated is because they are already dead and all that remains is figuring out how we can benefit from their deaths.

The normals and the laborers would only be elite in comparison to these useless yukkuri. Otherwise, I fully support treating normals and laborers in a fair and equitable manner so long as this is within reason. For example, we're probably not going to treat a ko-Patchouli the same way that we treat a ko-Marisa because Patchoulis tend to be ridiculously fragile.

As for the distinction between the normals and the laborers, I came up with that distinction for three reasons. First, we can't afford to keep all of the yukkuri that we have bred or likely will breed in the future. Second,even if the yukkuri is obedient, it doesn't mean that the benefits will outweigh the costs of keeping it. Third, our best source of income at the moment is selling yukkuri.

At its basis, it's nothing more than the implementation of the policies to sell what we can't keep and holding onto the best and most useful whenever we need to sell the surplus.
>> No. 38608
>>38606
Ah. I didn't realize what you meant by scum. Yeah, that kind of yukkuri should certainly be dealt with in whatever manner is most useful. I would prefer to avoid any unnecessary suffering, and would suggest against selling them even for a discount, since I'd like to build a reputation for selling good yukkuri.

You do bring up a good point in that we'll need to sell some yukkuri eventually, and we ought to get rid of the most useless first(though again, I think we should only sell ones that are above a given level of quality). I'd be fine with a three-classification system, if yukkuri could move between ranks, we mostly treated the non-misbehaving ones equal, and explained it to any yukkuri who asked about any differences in a way that implies they can change their circumstances.

That is, let's say we give a treat to all our top yukkuri. A normal one asks why they get treats, and if it can have some too. Saying they get treats because they're high-class yukkuri, and the asker can't have any because it's normal, would instill resentment. However, saying that those yukkuri got treats because they were good yukkuri and listened to you, and while the asker can't have any right now, it can in the future if it's really good, gives the yukkuri a goal to work for.

By the way, in my opinion, labor seems like a silly name for the best yukkuri. How about something like 'trained'?
>> No. 38609
>>38608
Hm, I can see your point about tainting our 'brand' if we sell too many scum yukkuri relative to pet-grade yukkuri. It might be resolvable so long as we're strict about selling the scum as non-pets but ultimately, it's also a good thing that we can use them for other purposes.

In regards to naming, I've no real preferences so long as the terms clearly convey what is meant by them. That way we avoid talking past one another by assigning different meanings to the same term.

I'm not so sure that I completely understand your proposal for a three-tier system. Am I correct in thinking that you advocate treating the highest (and presumably most useful) class better than the others, permitting mobility between classes, and telling the yukkuri the conditions needed to move between classes?

On an unrelated note, what I'd really like to do is to breed for work yukkuri. For example, Yuukas are already useful to gardeners, they would be even more useful if we could breed additional intelligence and human-friendliness into them.
>> No. 38610
>>38609
After a bit of thought, I'd suggest groups A, B, and C for the names. Nice and neutral-sounding, as well as easy to type.

As for my suggestion, ideally, I'd have the non-C treated equally, with bonuses, if any, for hard work and good performance. However, most of those deserving of the occasional bit of sugar, as Sam suggested for a reward, are likely to be in group A, so there's not that much difference. In any case, bonuses shouldn't be too big,just things like a pinch of sugar or the cheapest candy we can find, as that should suffice for a yukkuri.

What I'd like isn't so much a three-tiered system as a yukkuri Santa kind of thing - misbehave and get punished, be very good and get treats, with any classification of yukkuri into discrete groups taking place on an administrative level. I think we'll get better comprehension from the yukkuri if we explain it in terms of behavior, and leave groups out of it.

Regarding Yuukas, they can apparently already recognize weeds and eat only those, so I'm unsure what more intelligence would help them do. Perhaps care for plants that need more specialized care than 'weed and water every so often', or plant in patterns? I'm not sure if intelligence is passed down by Patchouli into other-typed children, but if not, it might be possible to pair up a Yuuka and a Patchouli, with the Patchouli giving directions to the Yuuka.
>> No. 38611
>>38610
So long as we ensure that the yukkuri understand our list of right and wrong actions while strictly adhering to our system of rewards and punishments, that could work out quite well.

In regards to the Yuuka, it depends on what wild Yuuka can do and what humans usually want their gardeners to do. Is their knowledge of horticulture innate and can they improve on it? Can they learn to plant specific plants in a pattern that humans find pleasing to the senses? Are they smart enough to either harvest the produce by themselves or obedient enough to let humans do it?

It's a bunch of very interesting questions that we can't answer until we've had time to experiment with yukkuri breeding and inheritance of traits.

On a side note, I'm also curious whether we could also breed Yoshika for sell as garbage disposals. They've got three advantages over other yukkuri in that regard - they're dirt cheap because they're otherwise useless, they're even dumber, and they can ingest inedible materials. Hell, once they reach a certain size, we could probably even grind them up and use them as fertilizer.

It's a very environmentally friendly solution to the problem of modern garbage.
>> No. 38612
>>38610
So long as we ensure that the yukkuri understand our list of right and wrong actions while strictly adhering to our system of rewards and punishments, that could work out quite well.

In regards to the Yuuka, it depends on what wild Yuuka can do and what humans usually want their gardeners to do. Is their knowledge of horticulture innate and can they improve on it? Can they learn to plant specific plants in a pattern that humans find pleasing to the senses? Are they smart enough to either harvest the produce by themselves or obedient enough to let humans do it?

It's a bunch of very interesting questions that we can't answer until we've had time to experiment with yukkuri breeding and inheritance of traits.

On a side note, I'm also curious whether we could also breed Yoshika for sell as garbage disposals. They've got three advantages over other yukkuri in that regard - they're dirt cheap because they're otherwise useless, they're even dumber, and they can ingest inedible materials. Hell, once they reach a certain size, we could probably even grind them up and use them as fertilizer.

It's a very environmentally friendly solution to the problem of modern garbage.
>> No. 38614
Would the original Alice, Tenshi, Chen and especially Shanghai be on the highest tier?

Also we shouldn't try to force it to go hourai or such. Also we should be careful with shanghai as she will attract trouble.
>> No. 38615
>>38614
They aren't on a tier. They're actual characters, unlike the faceless masses.
>> No. 38616
>>38614
All three original bodied yukkuri were selected for their teachable nature and taught - so all three belong at the top. Since the highest tier should also include specimens that we want to keep around for whatever reason, Shanghai is right there alongside them.
>> No. 38663
[x] Take it easy... for there is nothing we can't do.
>> No. 38684
[x] Let the Reimu sit in its container. Clean the poop out.
[x] Wake up and feed all the yukkuri. 8:00 is a pretty good time to start business, and while you're not sure if yukkuri form sleeping schedules, you at least want them to get used to being woken up.
[x] What's up with that one Reimu's eyes? Check on that real quick.
[x] Look up the warning signs of yukkuri maladies, such as mold.
[x] Use some spare time to interact with/observe the children - we want to to assess their personalities.
[x] Clean up and dress up for the meeting. It's better to be a bit early, though not ridiculously so.

I think this is a good idea. Also.

[X]Get a game plan for the meeting. Know what you need vs what you want and try to avoid being sucked into a loan of no return.
>> No. 38685
You guys see to have an innate distrust of the mob. I'm sure they only have our best interest at heart.
>> No. 38686
>>38685
But of course. When do they not?
>> No. 38697
File 132464423328.jpg - (165.68KB , 567x800 , e955660f37b22c13f7761a6a47f868241efd3ab9.jpg ) [iqdb]
38697
Yeah, still funny. Sort of glazed over. Almost... empty, or dead.

It's started to pick up a little methodical speed with its chewing, though. Doesn't really help with the eyes. It's actually a little creepy. Well, maybe it'll get better. At least it doesn't object to you throwing a towel over the jar again. At the very least, you'll have to remember to clean the mess out regularly or something. Probably pay more attention to it, too.

You take a few minutes to fill a few bowls with cereal and carry them out, setting them up for breakfast. One goes in the crib, the others get set on the floor in the bedroom, out of the way. It only takes a moment to nudge most of them awake, and Shanghai seems a little startled, but more than happy to sit in one hand while you feed her with the other.

... She's not exactly eager to leave, once she's full. You brush the crumbs away from her face, and she croons softly, then hangs about by one of your ears, mumbling her name to herself as you stand up.

You kind of wish you could understand... well, anything at all that she has to say, really. In any case, that ear is pretty well occupied at this point. It takes a couple minutes for you to mostly tune it out and properly start hearing out of just the other ear, but you figure it out.

In the meantime, you play with the other infants a bit. The Alice and that Tenshi seem ecstatic over it, and the others enjoy it too. Not to the same degree, of course. And the mothers are right there correcting the occasional slight verbal mis-step as it happens... well, they're not always certain why, but they always follow the instruction. There don't seem to be any bad apples in these. As far as you can tell, anyway. Something could pop up later, but for now they all seem fine.

So, time to look up things, you suppose. You almost forget that Shanghai is still there until she starts trembling at the illustrations, and quickly change your mind about watching the detailed demonstration of how to remove a mold from Yukkuri.

Sharp knives are involved. And lots of orange juice. But on the plus side, you now know not to keep your yukkuri damp and in unlit containers where mold is likely to grow all day and you weren't going to do that anyway, that was pointless.

It takes a bit of soft, soothing words and reassurance before Shanghai calms down, and you send her off to play with her siblings. You don't really know what else to look into, though, aside from 'don't let ants build a nest inside your yukkuri', as you've started to become a little distracted.

Whatever. You could probably do with a shower. Could only be a good thing to be clean and smelling nice for a meeting with the mob. Yeah.

The shower is relaxing. Washes the headache from the whole situation away. Helps you take your mind off the fact that in a bit you're going to be talking to organized crime. You might be taking a little longer than normal, but that's fine.

... Tenshi is sitting on the counter, on top of the folded towel you set out. She takes a moment to give a thorough leer, before taking a bite of the half-eaten bagel in her hand. You're suddenly aware that the shower stall door is pretty transparent.

"... You've been watching how long?" You ask.

"Long enough." She says. Her eyes are not focuesed anywhere near your face.

"Great. Do you mind?" You ask, holding out a hand.

"Tenshi doesn't mind at all." She almost-purrs.

"Towel." You clarify flatly.

She seems a little disappointed as she drops down from the counter, but happily watches you towel dry with an odd glint in her eyes, chewing very slowly on her bagel.

It doesn't take too long to get properly dressed, Tenshi not picking up on subtle hints that you'd prefer her to leave, or at least turn around, but you still have a while before you need to go. About a half hours walk here to there... yeah, you have about an hour before you have to leave, at the latest.

---

10:28 AM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 38698
[x] Stress relief with Tenshi.
[x] Have Shanghai fly up to the roof and communicate its occupants through an elaborate interpretive dance.
>> No. 38699
[x] Pinch Tenshi's cheeks.
[x] There isn't much to do. Warn the girls you will be leaving soon, and don't know when you will be back. Have some food ready, in case they get hungry. Leave it somewhere they can reach without trouble, but not too easy for anyone to get. Tell them to behave.
[x] Leave 15 minutes earlier, you don't want to be late in case something happens in the way.
>> No. 38700
[x] Dress.
[x] Pinch Tenshi's cheeks.
[x] Warn the girls you will be leaving soon, and don't know when you will be back. Have some food ready, in case they get hungry. Leave it somewhere they can reach without trouble, but not too easy for anyone to get. Tell them to behave.
[x] Spend some time looking up stray yukkuri habits and their likely habitats in the city.
[x] Leave 20 minutes earlier, you don't want to be late in case something happens in the way.
>> No. 38701
[x] Dress.
[x] Pinch Tenshi's cheeks. No, the ones on her face.
[x] Warn the girls you will be leaving soon, and don't know when you will be back. Have some food ready, in case they get hungry. Leave it somewhere they can reach without trouble, but not too easy for anyone to get. Tell them to behave.
[x] Make sure your clothes are assembled properly. It wouldn't do to walk into a meeting with the mob with your fly open and your tie on wrong.
[x] Leave 20 minutes earlier, you don't want to be late in case something happens in the way.
>> No. 38703
>You brush the crumbs away from her face, and she croons softly, then hangs about by one of your ears, mumbling her name to herself as you stand up.

So can Shanghai not communicate normally? That seems like something that should be looked into and corrected if possible.
>> No. 38704
>>38703
We should probably start early if we want to teach Shanghai to speak, assuming that she can speak. Come to think of it, we'll likely need to teach our yukkuri diction at some point anyways. Although our bodied yukkuri don't seem to share the slurring and weird verbal tics that pop up in others (city-sect, dick, donggedit, ze, etc.), the same might not be true of their offspring and we'll need to teach eventually them the right way to speak to customers anyways.
>> No. 38705
[x] Dress.
[x] Teach Tenshi about social cues.
[x] Warn the girls you will be leaving soon, and don't know when you will be back. Have some food ready, in case they get hungry. Leave it somewhere they can reach without trouble, but not too easy for anyone to get. Tell them to behave.
[x] Spend some time looking up stray yukkuri habits and their likely habitats in the city.
[x] Leave 20 minutes earlier, you don't want to be late in case something happens in the way.
-[x] Check your shoulder for Shanghai before you set off.

Why exactly are we rewarding Tenshi? She spied on us in the shower and ignored our hints that she might want to leave.
>> No. 38706
>>38705
Because people seem to find bodied yukkuri cute and aren't interested in treating cute things in either a professional manner befitting our labor force or a rational manner that attempts to correct deficiencies in our pets. In sum, it's indulgence.

Although to be honest, I can't quite blame them - I'd vote to spoil it rotten if we picked up either an Aya or a Yuyuko. Tenshis on the other hand should be bred, trained, and then sold off as fast as we can.
>> No. 38708
>>38706
But this is one of our original three. Our foundation. They should be treasured.
>> No. 38709
>>38708
Of course the three should be treasured - we should treasure all of the ones that we intend to keep on a permanent basis. We should be careful to teach them respect and correct conduct, instill in them the skills needed to function in human societies, and do our best to see them well and unstressed. They will be our precious employees and we should treat them as we treat our family.

Using an analogy, if you had children - would you indulge every single one of their desires no matter how stupid or ridiculous or would you try to raise them to be functional human beings rather than obnoxious man-children?

(On a side note, I actually voted to pinch the Tenshi's cheeks because I got caught up in the flow and didn't really care one way or the other. But once it's been pointed out, rewarding the Tenshi after it did something that is displeasing to us is just bad conditioning.)
>> No. 38710
[x] Dress.
[x] Teach Tenshi about social cues and not spying on people in the bathroom.
[x] Warn the girls you will be leaving soon, and don't know when you will be back. Have some food ready, in case they get hungry. Leave it somewhere they can reach without trouble, but not too easy for anyone to get. Tell them to behave.
[x] Spend some time looking up stray yukkuri habits and their likely habitats in the city.
[x] Leave 20 minutes earlier, you don't want to be late in case something happens in the way.

Punishment is for when Tenshi is a good girl.
>> No. 38715
[x] Dress.
[x] Pinch Tenshi's cheeks. No, the ones on her face.
[x] Warn the girls you will be leaving soon, and don't know when you will be back. Have some food ready, in case they get hungry. Leave it somewhere they can reach without trouble, but not too easy for anyone to get. Tell them to behave.
[x] Make sure your clothes are assembled properly. It wouldn't do to walk into a meeting with the mob with your fly open and your tie on wrong.
[x] Leave 20 minutes earlier, you don't want to be late in case something happens in the way.

I don't care, I'm gonna pinch her no matter what. How could I ever reject her in any way?

In another note, do we really have to vote to get dressed? Really?
>> No. 38716
Actually, John is already dressed. Eh, not gonna delete my vote to correct something harmeless.
>> No. 38718
>>38703
In all the things I know of, no they can't communicate normally, but for a mascot, it's not too big of a deal as her main job would be looking cute.
>> No. 38719
>>38718
While I've seen a couple of pictures where Shanghai yukkuri say their names and nothing else, I don't believe that there is an established pattern of behavior for them in the same manner as more common subspecies such as Reimus and Marisas simply because they don't pop up very often. As such, individual artists/writers are free to come up with their own rules and we should try teaching Shanghai human language because it is possible that they are teachable in this particular setting. Although I'll admit that the odds don't look too good on that one.
>> No. 38724
[x] Teach Tenshi about social cues and not spying on people in the bathroom.
-[x] Pinch her cheeks if she is a good learner.
[x] Warn the girls you will be leaving soon, and don't know when you will be back. Have some food ready, in case they get hungry. Leave it somewhere they can reach without trouble, but not too easy for anyone to get. Tell them to behave.
[x] Spend some time looking up stray yukkuri habits and their likely habitats in the city.
[x] Leave 20 minutes earlier, you don't want to be late in case something happens in the way.

This should make everybody happy.
>> No. 38727
>>38724
Yes, I think this is an excellent position to take from hereon - immediate positive reinforcement for good behavior so that there can be no mistaking why the yukkuri is being rewarded.
>> No. 38729
[x] Teach Tenshi about social cues and not spying on people in the bathroom.
-[x] Pinch her cheeks if she is a good learner.
[x] Warn the girls you will be leaving soon, and don't know when you will be back. Have some food ready, in case they get hungry. Leave it somewhere they can reach without trouble, but not too easy for anyone to get. Tell them to behave.
[x] Spend some time looking up stray yukkuri habits and their likely habitats in the city.
[x] Leave 20 minutes earlier, you don't want to be late in case something happens in the way.

Sounds good to me. Tenshi is trained, so we will probably get delicious pinchings.
>> No. 38731
[x] Pinch Tenshi's cheeks. Any one of the two sets.

I don't care about the rest, as long as a sexually confused John appears.
>> No. 38732
[x] Teach Tenshi about social cues and not spying on people in the bathroom.
-[x] Pinch her cheeks if she is a good learner.
[x] Warn the girls you will be leaving soon, and don't know when you will be back. Have some food ready, in case they get hungry. Leave it somewhere they can reach without trouble, but not too easy for anyone to get. Tell them to behave.
[x] Spend some time looking up stray yukkuri habits and their likely habitats in the city.
[x] Leave a bit early, you don't want to be late in case something happens in the way.

Hey guys, let's spoil the yukkuri that we need to behave well to make money. Brilliant, anon.
>> No. 38736
[x] Teach Tenshi about social cues and not spying on people in the bathroom.
-[x] Pinch her cheeks if she is a good learner.
[x] Warn the girls you will be leaving soon, and don't know when you will be back. Have some food ready, in case they get hungry. Leave it somewhere they can reach without trouble, but not too easy for anyone to get. Tell them to behave.
[x] Spend some time looking up stray yukkuri habits and their likely habitats in the city.
[x] Leave 20 minutes earlier, you don't want to be late in case something happens in the way.
>> No. 38737
>>38732

What? Are you stupid? People can have different behaviors in different situations/places. Just because someone can be one way at home doesn't mean that person will be the same when, say, at work.

Geez, you'd hope people would know something so basic like that.
>> No. 38738
>>38699 Here.

I's like to add some stuff to my vote.
[x] Search the internet for "How to start your own business" guides and similar.
[x] Any of Tenshi's cheeks are fine to pinch.

1. Because that's the most important part of what we want to do.
2. Because I like how John is conflictd about sex with yukkuri, andI like Tenshi very much.
>> No. 38745
File 132484628529.png - (851.39KB , 601x800 , wuv.png ) [iqdb]
38745
[x] Teach Tenshi about social cues and not spying on people in the bathroom.
-[x] Pinch her cheeks if she is a good learner.
[x] Warn the girls you will be leaving soon, and don't know when you will be back. Have some food ready, in case they get hungry. Leave it somewhere they can reach without trouble, but not too easy for anyone to get. Tell them to behave.
[x] Spend some time looking up stray yukkuri habits and their likely habitats in the city.
[x] Leave 20 minutes earlier, you don't want to be late in case something happens in the way.

Took a lot of willpower to not vote for the pointless Tenshi punishment choice. Feels like i'm playing Tenshi's love Diary all over again.
>> No. 38771
File 132497855278.jpg - (275.22KB , 522x907 , f0de76b339f1e1a2a602ce54fe8dc826001804cf.jpg ) [iqdb]
38771
"Tenshi... I'll be direct. You shouldn't spy on people in the bathroom." You say, having determined that picking up on subtleties isn't exactly a strong suit, here.

"... Ah?" She says, blinking. "Tenshi was bad?"

"A little. Bathrooms are... well, would you really like it much if I came in and watched you clean yourself, or use the toilet?" You ask, without stopping to think.

... The way she's tilting her head suggests that she doesn't have a terribly solid grasp on why that would be a bad thing. Then she frowns a little.

"Tenshi would be a little embarrased." She admits, after a moment. "But, if master wanted to watch, then-"

"Never mind that." You interrupt. "The point is, watching me in the shower, spying and not letting me know you're there, embarrases me."

"...." Tenshi sags a little, and pouts.

"You understand?" You ask, just to confirm things.

"Tenshi was bad." She mumbles, looking a little depressed. "But Tenshi really liked watching Master..."

"That's... not really here or there." You hedge. "It's just not the sort of thing you do, without permission..."

You realize you talked a little too long, again. Well, it's probably still fine.

"Tenshi understands." She says. "Tenshi will not peek on Master in the bathroom without asking."

"That's.... close enough, anyway. I guess." You decide.

She half-giggles and blushes a little as you first pinch her cheeks, then pick her up bodily. She squirms just a little, but you aren't carrying her for long, and you drop her to the bed only a bit away.

She looks up at you with wide, startled, but almost expectant and eager eyes. Then pouts as you turn away to rummage through your drawers for things. Wallet, watch, a pen... Okay.

"I'll be going out in a bit." You say. "I'll leave food out, though. You should be able to get it when you need to, if not then bug Frank.

Heading out a little earlier means that you have less time to fiddle around with things here, but there's enough to get a brief check up on city-stray behavior and habitats.

As expected, they love living in the city, since a lot of what gets thrown away is perfectly edible food, and tastier than eating grass, and as long as they keep out of the way of pets and the occasional stray dog or cat, they don't have to really worry about non-yukkuri predators. The thing is, they make a huge mess when they collect food from trash bags, spreading it all over the place, and have the habit of coming to the conclusion that pedestrians are there to cater to their needs and whims. In short, an annoying nuisance. They also break into homes, when possible, to steal food and make a mess of things. It's why most people don't live on the ground floor, if possible, in the inner city. Shops and things on the street-level can have problems, though, especially if they sell food. But it's not unknown for them to break into completely unrelated businesses: gun shops or furniture retail, for example, seeming to expect that any place humans frequent will have food waiting inside for them.

When the streets get too clogged, of course, methodical exterminations will progress, covering the streets alley by alley to get rid of the pests. It never gets rid of all of them, of course, but the vast majority are disposed of and, for a few days at least, only the most foolishly brave or hungry yukkuri would venture into the city interior.

It seems like they'll live just about anywhere, but that's as far as you read before it's time to go.

Nothing of importance happens on the way, but with the extra time you go ahead and walk a little slower than normal. You don't want to be trapped into the sort of loan you can't repay. More than anything, that's your goal for this meeting, you think. Still, you can't set up a cafe without equipment, and whether it's through goods or direct cash... yeah, as far as you can see, you're going to need a loan in order to get started. You suspect the devil will be in the details, however.

The restaurant is pretty grandiose. It's got these fancy pillars and statues, and as you step inside there's a man waiting in a tuxedo to check people entering against the dress code and list of reservations.

"Name and party?" He asks, boredom seeping through every word.

"John. I have a... uh, meeting, with miss McCargar?" You say.

There's a moment's dull interest before he makes a mark on something and rings a bell.

"You are expected." He says, as a waiter steps through, calm disinterest plastered on all of his features. "He will show you to the VIP room."

VI... oh boy. You're led to the side and up some stairs, into the back, and then ushered through a door. You guess you were expecting it to be dimly lit, or something, but the lighting is the same as everywhere else in the building. There's more than half a dozen people sitting there, munching on breadsticks at the table. You have a strong feeling that every one of them is armed.

One of them is your landlord. He looks unsurprised to see you, and takes another bite. Another man, tall and ludicrously muscular, is holding a pink-haired blob Yukkuri on his shoulder, next to Frida, though you aren't sure of other details. It mutters something to him... in Italian? And he chuckles and mutters back, raising a bit of bread dipped in olive oil to her mouth.

"Have a seat, boy." The only human woman at the table... both 'suggests', and 'orders' with the same tone.

You have to be careful not to stumble, with all the pressure you're suddenly feeling on you, but you're seated. Then there's a slight shuffling from behind you. And a click.

There's a gun pointed at the back of your head.

You try to focus on your present-gun. You're pretty sure that Frank told them about-that's a gun. But you have to think clearly and make sure-holy shit you are literally a finger-twitch away from death right now.

"Relax, bunny." Frida orders. "Boy looks ready to have a heart attack. Pretty sure he's not going to try anything stupid."

There's a sort of disgusted, scornful chuckle from behind you. Then a sharp click... the safety being turned back on. You take a deep breath, as the figure behind you shuffles into view, to stand behind and a bit to the side of Frida. It's a humanoid Reisen, and it's showing far too many teeth as it leers at you.

"You'll have to excuse my little bunny." Frida says, once more more of an order than a request. "She takes my safety very seriously."

There's a menu in front of you, you realize dimly. And in just a moment, there's a waiter come in to collect orders, and these people are waiting on you...

"I, uh... Calamari?" You ask, not sure what that is. He nods, though, and compliments you on the choice. You decide it's probably best to stick with just water to drink, on that side of things. You should probably have ordered spaghetti. That's not going to hold any surprises for you. Too late now.

"Well, boy? You're here to talk business, aren't you? Talk." Frida says.

"I'm fairly sure Frank already gave you the highlights." You say, heartbeat finally starting to come under control.

"Maybe. Maybe the boy just mentioned you'd be needing money for something." She says leadingly. You'd like to believe otherwise, but you can all too easily see that being the case.

"He and I are joining the Demon Queen's most recent competition." You say, pointedly making sure that he's just as much involved in this as you are. "I've planned a... sort of maid-cafe, waited on by Yukkuri. Staffing should, by this point, be well in hand, but equipment, furnishings, and a place of operations among other things, are-"

"You're needing start-up capital." She says, waving a hand to cut off your explanation. "Ricky, crunch some numbers, all right?"

"Proper furnishings, you'd want something like eight tables with four chairs each for a decent size, nice ones'll run you twenty a chair and forty a table... I'd estimate a thousand just there. Could be more though, depending on how nice you're getting, but I'd say stick with those prices for now, no need for anything to be too fancy yet." Your landlord says, rubbing his chin. "Register, other stuff, that'll run you another few hundred. Call it thirteen hundred there. Depending on how you handle renting a space, down payments and all, might be anywhere from two to five hundred a month. Call it five, to be on the outside estimation, though hoping for less. You'd be at eighteen hundred there. Probably going to take a couple hundred for start-up stock of drinks and food, too. Two thousand's probably the magic number."

... That's a bit larger of a number than you'd been hoping to hear. Frida is nodding like it's about what she'd expected, though.

"I wouldn't suppose there's any sort of... discounted option, for finding these things." You wonder aloud, trying not to think about the fact that you're implying a willingness to purchase stolen goods.

"You think there's a great glut of furniture trucks being shipped around the city, boy?" Frida wonders right back. "Not quite at the population density where one can just go missing, no questions asked."

"Ah." you say flatly.

"Might know a fellow or two that'd be able to get you a little cut on rent rates, of course." She says, eying your landlord. "But that'd be entirely outside of loans and debt-repayment."

... You really don't want to lock yourself into a loan you might not be able to pay, though. You could get your knees broken, or... thrown off the Edge, or something. Or shot. You could always just be shot.

The meal arrives, and you're left facing a platter full of what looks like deep-fried tentacles and some dipping sauce. It takes you a few minutes to work up the nerve to start in on it, as scattered conversation ensues. By the time you've finished, Frida is focused on you again.

"I'm not gonna have you whacked if shit falls through and you can't pay, kid." She says.

You're not sure entirely how she divined your worry, but it was probably written all over your face somehow.

"Nah, dead you're worth nothing. Alive, you still owe, and maybe a little extra for taking your time about it, but you can still pay me back. And I'll get my money back one way or the other. What would you say, bunny, about ten?"

Mocking sniggers are the reply, and Fridan pauses to consider.

"No, you're right. Probably is more like five. Call it five, then. Maybe ten times a day, so there's that. Fifty a day, then, so saying you owe twenty five hundred for a debt of two thousand... fifty days. Yeah, maybe call it sixty, to account for the pretty dress, make-up, and all that'll go into it. Wouldn't take you but about two months to earn that much back, on your knees." She says, seeming perfectly serious, though it takes you a minute to figure out what she's saying. "Probably less, if you've paid some back already."

"I'll... I'll keep that in mind." you say, awkwardly.

"But yeah. Let's call it a loan for two thousand, you owe twenty five hundred back in sixty days." She says.

"It's a bit soon." You say, swallowing a bit of water. "If you wait until this little contest has been won, then you can be paid out of the proceeds..."

"Kid, if you haven't made enough to pay me back in two months, what makes you think you have a shot at winning?" She asks, lip quirking a little. "Been to that website, I've seen how scores get tallied. You're going to be way at the back of the pack. But alright, kid. Call it ninety days. Just to give you a little leeway. And if you screw up too bad, and still don't have the cash, bunny here thinks you have very pretty lips."

The Reisen's leer only widens, to an uncomfortable degree.

"That's... comforting..." You say, though it isn't very.

It doesn't seem like there's much of a choice, though. You don't know exactly where else you might find two thousand money all at once for this, and she's nodding in a way that leaves you pretty sure she already considers this a done deal, even with nothing signed or any handshakes. In light of things, the fact that she has no intention of keeping you strung along in debt forever is a small comfort.

"Freddy here can draw up a contract in ten minutes, if you're ready, kid."

---

12:34 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 38774
[x] Accept the deal and get the hell out of there. Time to start looking for a good place!
--[x] Don't make eye contact with bunny. She's creepy as hell.
--[x]Investigate potential locations in areas with low yukkuri density. You'll be less likely to experience pastry-based break-ins, and people should have less of an aversion to having their meals served by adorable little girls made of peach preserves.
>> No. 38780
[x] Accept the deal.
[x] "If one of you come to the cafe as a client, would it be ok to deduce the fee from the total debt instead of taking his money just to give it back later?"
[x] Time to look to start looking for a good place!
[x] When you return, breed a litter with Tenshi.
>> No. 38781
>>38774
It seems that stray yukkuri tend to live in the inner city due to proximity to garbage. Ideally, we'd also want an inner city location because of increased consumer traffic and a central location can capture more of the potential consumer base. These two things conflict - but I believe we can resolve it through keeping pest control yukkuri. One or two trained Remilias or Flandres would handle that problem nicely.
>> No. 38785
[x] Accept the deal.
[x] "If one of you come to the cafe as a client, would it be ok to deduce the fee from the total debt instead of taking his money just to give it back later?"
[x] Once the contract is signed, ask the tall and muscular man about the pink-haired blob on his shoulder - is that a Yuyuko?
[x] Ask the landlord about the key to the roof later.
[x] When you return, breed with Tenshi.
>> No. 38787
>>38774
I disagree - it's a bit too eager to intimidate us but it must be quite intelligent and loyal to Frida if she's willing to trust it with firearms in her presence. I think that's worth some respect considering that it's a yukkuri. Come to think of it, it's a good thing that we didn't bring Shanghai along - that could've turned out hilariously real fast (to outsiders anyways).

>>38776
To be precise, I think the best combination is for Chen to impregnate Tenshi. We want Chen because an increased number of Alices means a higher chance of a raper and Tenshi should be the one impregnated because we want Chen to be active while we see whether we can use her as pest control.

>>38780
To be honest, I don't see the point of this. Our debt isn't being compounded, it's a flat 25 percent interest in a couple of months. Early payments don't cut down on the total amount that we'll need to pay in the end.

It's like if someone offered you $200 or a present that you can buy for $200 with no hassle, you always want to take the cash because it gives you more options.
>> No. 38792
>>38788
Good points – Remilias are too stupid and Flandres possess questionable decorating tastes. Although public impalement is excellent deterrent, it is a little bit too excellent in that regard. Still, I retain concerns about using Chens alone to handle the problem.

As I see it, we need to deal with a couple of problems – stopping break-ins and containing the damages of a break-in. First option is better than the second because of repair costs, but we'll need a lot of Chens to patrol in enough numbers to catch and stop all potential intrusions. My original thoughts on the matter were to create multiple, non-redundant defenses – we use a couple of nocturnal predators to thin out the local population so that the chances of a break-in decrease, we set up patrols to catch intrusions, and then we keep a couple of Chens as pest-control inside the building. But after consideration, this is needlessly complicated and expensive.

Ayas are supposed to be unusually human-friendly in most works and are always fast. We keep two to three Ayas keeping a watch on the site from the rooftop and use them to alert a task force if they sight intruders. Chens in sufficient numbers can fill the task force but a better force composition might be a combination of Chens and Yuukas – the Chens distract the intruders and buy time for the Yuukas to arrive and smash the intruders. Ideally, we'd be able to keep an outdoor patio for our cafe and fence it off to make the whole thing even easier.

It shouldn't be too difficult to get Yuukas to consider the cafe their garden. All we need to do is to keep flowers both inside and perhaps outside the cafe for beautification purposes and then deputize the Yuukas to take care of them. Perhaps we could even use a floral motif for the cafe itself.
>> No. 38793
>>38788 here, changed a bit of my vote.

>>38787
In my opinion, we should wait to breed more yukkuri.

First, we have no idea how many yukkuri our fully-trained ones can handle at a time - too many, and we run the risk of the classes becoming rowdy (though thus far most of the koyukkuri have listened to their parents) or one wandering off and getting itself killed, or worse, into the hands of a competitor (this goes double for the Tenshis).

Second, we ought to leave our options open for the rooftop yukkuri. If they are a species worth keeping but utterly unreasonable, we'd have an easier time teaching the young if they were learning at the feet of a parent rather than some strange yukkuri.

>>38781
Remilia will destroy non-sweet foods and Flandres will upset our yukkuri like crazy, what with their spike-impaling. Guard yukkuri is a good idea, but in my opinion other yukkuri would fit better. Ideally, we would use Momijis, but the Chens we have right now should work fine if we cannot find any. Yuukas might work too, if they can be taught to associate the cafe with their garden.

[x] As you said, Frank's your partner. Check to see if he has any objections or suggestions, then accept unless there's a good reason not to.
[x] Wait, your landlord's in the mob? In any case, you wanted to talk to him about the Yukkuri nest, so do that if you see a good moment.
[x] Do not breed anybody to anything, until you've at least taken a look at the rooftop yukkuri.
-[x] Do not breed yourself to yukkuri at any point.
>> No. 38794
>>38793
Hm, perhaps this might be a solution.

We hit the rooftop today and then wait until the current crop reach the age of children in about three days' time before we breed more litters. We use those three days to search out a location, look up some suppliers and run a couple of hunting trips further out to see if we can rustle up something rare and interesting.

Personally, I'm hoping for an Aya.
>> No. 38795
>>38792
That certainly sounds like a sound plan, assuming we can find some Aya. But if we do, we can probably find a number of other uses for their speed in addition to guarding. While I'd still like to include some Momiji, the fact remains that we don't have any and any time used looking for them would be better spent looking for Aya. We can just stick them into the plan later if we find one by some random twist of fate.

By the way, when you say 'floral motif' do you mean flower shaped tables and chairs and such? Because that may drive down patronage among males, or at least those insecure in their masculinity.
>> No. 38796
Whoa...someone actually railroaded my troll vote. I'm changin it before things get out of hand.

[x] Accept the deal.
[x] "If one of you come to the cafe as a client, would it be ok to deduce the fee from the total debt instead of taking his money just to give it back later?"
[x] Once the contract is signed, ask the tall and muscular man about the pink-haired blob on his shoulder - is that a Yuyuko?
[x] Ask the landlord about the key to the roof later.
[x] Do not breed anybody to anything, until you've at least taken a look at the rooftop yukkuri.
>> No. 38797
[x] Accept the deal.
[x] Don't ask about deducting fees from the total debt due.
[x] Once the contract is signed, ask the tall and muscular man about the pink-haired blob on his shoulder - is that a Yuyuko?
[x] Later, ask the landlord about the key to the roof.

>>38792
Looks good; I'll probably vote for this once it's relevant.
>> No. 38798
>>38795
Yeah, it depends a lot on what we can find or catch. In a pinch, I think we might be able to use Chens as scouts since they're supposed to be faster than the average yukkuri.

As for the floral motif thing, I didn't intend anything quite that extreme. I merely thought that it might be pleasant to be able to view flowers while snacking and sipping beverages - more so for an outdoor area if we can get a site with one.
>> No. 38799
[x] Accept the deal, then get the hell out of there.
[x] Ask the landlord about the key to the roof later.
[x] When you return, breed with Tenshi.

Seriously, let's just get away from them now. I'd rather avoid talking to the mafia in a serious business atmosphere, so much can go wrong. We can worry about other stuff later, after John relieves some stress~
>> No. 38800
>>38799
Man up.

Socialization and socializing with people you can't stand is fundamental to business. You do not possess the luxury of running away from people that you can't stand on the other side of the transaction. Scurrying away once we get what we want is rude and disrespectful, demonstrating not prudence but the absence of both spine and courtesy.

As for the other matter, no. In fact, I've deleted >>38776 in order to change my vote.

[x] Accept the deal.
[x] Once the contract is signed, ask the tall and muscular man about the pink-haired blob on his shoulder - is that a Yuyuko?
[x] Ask the landlord about the key to the roof.
[x] Do not breed with Tenshi.
>> No. 38801
[x] Accept the deal.
[x] "How do you usually work with people who took a loan? I mean, not the loan itself, people with business too, do you involve yourselves with them besides receiving the debt return or money laundering?"

[x] "If one of you come to the cafe as a client, would it be ok to deduce the fee from the total debt instead of taking his money just to give it back later?"
[x] Time to look to start looking for a good place!
[x] When you return, breed Tenshi.

Ok, I have no idea of what I wrote now. I probably fucked up with my incredible english. What i mean to ask is if they do more than money laundering or loans. Things like protection and supply and others. Well the supply stuff might have beenn answered already, since the city is not supplied like normal cities, but there are more stuff they do regarding business people (thay's not extortion). I'm afraid Kahi will have to reword this question signigicantly.

I don't mind the " breeding" part. Actually, I kinda wished anon would be more laidback about this stuff.
>> No. 38802
>>38801
Do you mean whether the mob provides other services to businesses other than lending and providing protection/retribution?
>> No. 38803
[x] Do not breed yourself to yukkuri at any point.
-[x] Ever.
>> No. 38804
[x] Accept the deal.
[x] Once the contract is signed, ask the tall and muscular man about the pink-haired blob on his shoulder - is that a Yuyuko?
[x] Ask the landlord about the key to the roof later.
[x] When you return, breed with Tenshi.
>> No. 38806
>>38804
Just a word of advice, Lay off the names. It's going to attract a lot of unwanted attention. And if you're posting a vote, no need for a sage.
>> No. 38807
>>38804
If you're new here, please know that there is no need for an email in the email field, nor name in the name field. In fact, they are rather frowned upon.

[x] Check with Frank, then accept the deal.
-[x] Ensure he cosigns or whatever.

Because I have no intention of going down while Frank gets off scot free.
>> No. 38808
[x] Fuck Tenshi.

Breeding is not an appropriate term for what I want to do with her.
>> No. 38811
>>38808
/at/'s a hop and a click away, go take your shit there please.
>> No. 38815
>>38807
Heh, 'cause if we're going to end up repaying this loan on our knees, Frank had better be right beside us. Well, perhaps not right beside us, but in a similar position, somewhere. Wonder how he managed to get us the meeting to begin with? What do we know about his background?
>> No. 38827
[x]Make sure Frank co-signs.

I don't care if he has to walk all the way down to the restaurant, his signature had better be on that paper.
>> No. 38828
>>38827
I support this so long as one of us rush back to the apartment once it's done. Although the bodied yukkuri are responsible enough to be left alone, there's no reason to leave matters up to chance with that many baby yukkuri around.
>> No. 38833
>>38828
Well, hopefully we could just ask for a space for him to sign, take it home with us, have him sign it, and drop it off with our landlord. But if Frieda wants everything signed before we leave, that's when we have Frank pop by.

If he does come, having him hurry back would indeed be a good idea.
>> No. 38834
[x] Accept the deal.
[x] "Ok, I will sign the contract. But what about my partner Frank? Actually, how did he even arranged this meeting with you?
[x] Leave the key/rooftop business for when the landlord is not being a mafioso.
[x] Have a nice stress reliving session with Tenshi, which breeding/fucking might be involved.

While I don't think calling Frank might be a good idea (wouldn't that be rude, making the mafia wait for an answer we should give right now?) bringing him up may be for the best. I am also very, very curious about how he set this up.
>> No. 38835
[x] Accept the deal.
[x] "Ok, I will sign the contract. But what about my partner Frank? Actually, how did he even arranged this meeting with you?
[x] Leave the key/rooftop business for when the landlord is not being a mafioso.
[x] Have a nice stress reliving session with Tenshi, which breeding/fucking might be involved.

While I don't think calling Frank might be a good idea (wouldn't that be rude, making the mafia wait for an answer we should give right now?) bringing him up may be for the best. I am also very, very curious about how he set this up.

Happy New Year! 2012, a great year for shaddy business and yukkuri sex!
>> No. 38836
>>38834
No, being polite is important, but being pushed into a contract out of politeness is over-prioritizing politeness at the cost of prudence. Besides, it's even ruder to pull our partner into a contract without securing his consent.

Fiction aside, signing a contract without consulting one's business partners is a real ass move because most of the time, all of the full partners become liable if something goes bad.
>> No. 38838
>>38836
You make it seem like we're the one who planned all this to happen.
>> No. 38839
>>38838
Not sure how this relates to confirming the deal with our business partner and making sure that he's liable right alongside us.
>> No. 38840
File 132544366442.jpg - (106.20KB , 600x800 , landlord ricky.jpg ) [iqdb]
38840
"I see no reason to refuse, but... for one, I'd really prefer to have Frank co-sign on any contracts agreed on, as my partner in this venture." If only to ensure he's equally liable for screw-ups, you think privately. "I had meant to speak with my landlord... ah, Ricky, on an unrelated matter later." The key to the roof isn't an immediately important thing, after all. "Would it be possible for me to bring the contract to be signed, and then deliver it to him later today?"

"It's your ass if you lose it. But that's fine." Frida says, waving a hand. You aren't sure whether she's being figurative or not, which is somewhat worrysome.

"I would also like to ask about patronage. Should some of your organization frequent the cafe, if it would be possible to deduct the sum of their bill from the debt rather than require immediate payment..."

"Now that's an interesting question, kid. And I'd go for it, so long as you're not just giving free stuff until you run out of debt, but in perpetuity." She answers wryly.

.... You don't think that would be anything near profitable, in the long run.

"Perhaps some other arrangement would be in order, there." You say, awkwardly shelving the thought. "But aside from that, things seem acceptable."

You're half tempted to ask how their 'business' deals usually run, as Freddy begins carefully writing out the details of the contract on an official-looking bit of paper, but after the briefest moment of thought you'd really rather not know. This whole matter is giving you a little bit of a headache from paranoia and worry.

Well, if Tenshi sell as well as you've been led to believe, it shouldn't be much of a problem. You can just sell the blobs, provided you find buyers, and come out ahead. Once they're adults, anyway. It would probably be a good idea to breed Tenshi for another litter, come to think of it. Probably with Chen.

Or, as a tempting thought arises, put that off a bit and 'breed' with her yourself. Once Frank's out of the apartment for a good few hours, at least. You're perfectly aware by now that she's not going to be anything that could be called unhappy about that sort of attention.

"Questo ragazzo è una specie di pervertito." The pink-haired blob says, perfectly unintelligible but with a strong sense of amusement behind the words nonetheless. Bunny's eyes seem to glint for just a moment.

"Che non è proprio la nostra preoccupazione. Focus su questioni a portata di mano." Her apparent owner replies, lifting up a speared morsel of food on a fork. She accepts the food, but seems to continue smirking at you afterwards.

".... I've been meaning to ask. I'm not really familiar with that kind of Yukkuri." You admit. "Is she a Yuyuko?"

The man laughs. You suppose that's either a 'no', or something really close.

"No. No, I fear such a companion would swiftly eat me out of house and home, and make me most unwelcome at those buffets I might locate." He says, no particular trace of an accent. "But enough of that. I am Mario. I run a pizzeria nearby, when my services are not required for meetings such as this. You should stop by some time, have a meal. I much reccomend the calzones. Best in the city."

"I'll... keep that in mind." You say, perfectly aware that he never actually said what the yukkuri on his shoulder was.

"The contract." Freddy says, setting his pen aside and handing it over.

Party of the first part... debt, to be repaid by the undersigned parties of the second part by the specified date, else to be repaid in whatever manner the party of the first part deems suitable... legalese and jargon.... and a space for signatures. You don't see anything really out of the ordinary, and it's fairly simplified too. Doesn't seem to be any loopholes or fine print to screw you over later.

"Yes, this looks fine." You say. You don't sign it right away, though. Frank can put pen to paper first.

"Bring it to Ricky with your signatures, he'll have the money ready for you." Frida says. "And the waiter will total your bill when you go."

You were kind of hoping it would be a free meal, but you can't say this was unexpected. The fried... squid, or whatever, run you a painful 25M for the platter. Upscale restaurants are... expensive, to say the very least. You're glad you stuck with just water, which is complimentary, rather than some fancy wine like the rest were indulging in.

"Frank!" You call, as you step back into the apartment.

"-gonna have to call you back in a minute." He says quickly into his phone before snapping it shut and standing up from the chair he was lounging on. "Everything work out fine?"

"I don't really want to go into the details. Just sign this." You say.

".... Whatever manner. What ever manner." He says, dubiously.

"Something wrong, Frank?" You say, trying not to say it through grit teeth.

"... No. Not really. Shouldn't be a problem paying this, anyway." He says, shaking his head and signing the contract. He looks a little uncertain, still, but shakes it off.

... Fine, then. You sign as well.

"Anyway, was making a.... well, arranging to meet someone, across town." He says.

"Well, going out will have to wait until I'm back from delivering this. Someone has to watch them, just in case, after all." You point out.

"... Yeah, that's right. Hanging out here until you're back won't be a problem. I'll just let them know I can't come straight away, but later should be fine."

"Just stopped in for your signature. I'll be back later." You say, tucking the contract away again.

.... There's a brief flicker of something out of the corner of your eye, outside of the apartment complex. Something flitting through the air. Whatever it was, you missed it, though. Aside from that, there's nothing of much note on your way to the landlord's.

You take a moment, and a breath, outside. You're here to deliver the contract, collect the money, and ask after the key to the roof. Unless you think of something else to add into the rest of it.

---

1:58 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 38842
[x] Nope, nothing else. Well, you ask him about how Frank arranged that meeting. Or how 'Ricky' joined the mafia.
>> No. 38844
[x] Deliver the contract, pick up the cash, and then ask about the key.
[x] Get a container, get the ko-Reimu that we've traumatized, get the squashed ko-Marisa, and get Chen - it's a time to go hunting yukkuri on the rooftop with bait.

Come to think of it, there's no reason to get the bodied yukkuri to impregnate one another when we can collect the material from the Tenshi and then use it to impregnate the blobs.

Regardless, time to go yukkuri catching, yay!
>> No. 38845
By the way, the Mario's yukkuri was probably a Satori and it just read our Tenshi-focused mind.
>> No. 38846
>>38845
Considering what it said, yep - it's a Satori. Makes sense, something that can read minds would be ridiculously useful in anything relating to communication.
>> No. 38847
[x] Deliver the contract, pick up the cash, and then ask about the key.
[x] Get a container, the ko-Reimu that we've traumatized, squashed ko-Marisa, some duct tape, and Chen - it's time to go a-hunting yukkuri on the rooftop.
-[x] Don't use the traumatized one as bait unless the paste doesn't cut it.
-[x] These might be predators, so stay close to Chen and keep an eye on her.

>There's a brief flicker of something out of the corner of your eye, outside of the apartment complex. Something flitting through the air.
Well shit. Now I'm hearing the Jaws theme.

Shit, you guys beat me to saying it was probably a Satori. Here's the translation, so people don't have to do it themselves:
"This guy is kind of a pervert."
"That's not really our concern. Focus on the issues at hand."

In any case, we should look into getting a Satori, as any Yukkuri we get in the future won't be from the factory, and it'll be helpful in training them.

And we should try out different kinds of hunting to see what works.
>> No. 38848
>>38847
I doubt we're fast enough to catch something that flies without either surprising it or luring it in. My thinking is that we use Chen to search out the approximate location of the nest, startle the parent into showing itself, lulling it into complacency by offering it food, promising it more 'sweet-sweets' if it shows us its babies, and then netting the entire lot once the entire lot shows up. Barring a smarter-than-normal yukkuri, that should be fairly doable, though we should probably bring something sturdy enough to serve as a club just in case.

We use the squashed Marisa first to feed the yukkuri we flush out and then we wave the not-yet-squashed Reimu as bait. If the yukkuri attempts to run, distract them by telling them 'Take it easy' so that they waste time repeating it back (assuming that this works in this setting).

Man, I hope it's a family of Ayas.
>> No. 38849
>>38848
That seems like it would work. If they're Remilias, Chen would be in danger, so we'd want to keep close to her so we can kick off any attackers. Maybe bring some orange juice.
>> No. 38850
>>38849
Good point, we'll want Chen to be ahead of us in order to lead us but still close enough so that we can scoop her up and retreat in case of real danger to her. Bringing orange juice might be a bit much unless we choose to bring along a bag, since our apartment is close enough that we can run there if we need it.

Regarding Remilias, they aren't nocturnal in this setting, are they? If it's an entire nest of Remilias or Flandres, we might just want to harvest a ko-yukkuri or two and leave the rest alone in order to curtail the local stray population.
>> No. 38851
Remilia are active all day round, if I recall correctly.

If these yukkuri are predators, I'd rather just wipe them out. I can't think of any uses for a Remilia or Flandre that justifies overcoming their carnivorous nature and respective unpleasant tendencies, though now that I think about it, taking a koyukkuri to serve as a heavy hitter once it's grown up wouldn't be a bad idea. Strays shouldn't be a problem if we invest in some bullet-resistant glass or metal shutters for our windows.
>> No. 38852
>>38847
>In any case, we should look into getting a Satori,

No way man. Just imagine if she starts spreading John's little secret and his...preferences~.
>> No. 38853
>>38851
Actually, come to think of it, we should catch the yukkuri even if they're Remilias or Flandres because we can sell them afterwards. We might not want them as either work-yukkuri or food ingredients, but others might be willing to purchase a couple of what are, after all, fairly uncommon yukkuri. Though why someone would want a Remilia isn't really something I'd understand.
>> No. 38854
>>38852
Good point. Maybe we should stop being creepy fucks.
>> No. 38855
>>38854

A tad too late for that.
>> No. 38856
>>38855
It's never too late.
>> No. 38857
It's Kahi's fault that people keep voting to sex up the yukkuris, he hasn't introduced any appetizing human females.

Besides Frida of course. I, for one, wouldn't mind inviting her back to our place to get a piece of dat mobster ass.
>> No. 38858
>>38857
Either that or attempt to amuse Yukari enough to land on Yukari route. Perhaps we could amuse her through building a wading pool and then teaching ko-Marisas to fight one another with cotton swabs while floating on their hats?
>> No. 38859
>>38858
[x] Remember to make a wading pool for the Marisa yukkuri so they can fight eachother with cotton swabs.

This is a great idea and I am 100% for it.
>> No. 38860
>>38859
>>38858

Are you guys forgetting that a yukkuri would die if it fell in the water? Or were you purposefully aiming for a no-holds-barred deathmatch?
>> No. 38861
>>38860
Who says a wading pool has to use water? Make it orange juice. They get wounded, they get up again... that's great entertainment.

>>38857
No, it's Kahi's fault for sexualizing them. Frieda, by the way, hasn't been sexualized at all, you objectifying fuck.
>> No. 38862
>>38861

Please direct your attention to >>38590, where Frank blatantly sexualizes Frida, and caused this unhealthy level of desire to build up within me.
>> No. 38863
>>38862
>she's actually in her mid-sixties

That's disgusting you sick fuck.
>> No. 38864
>>38863

>Voting to fuck animated pastry blobs

Pot, meet kettle.
>> No. 38865
>>38862
My apologies. I'll be sure to account for your feelings in the future.

>>38864
Yeah, neither should be disgusting.
>> No. 38867
>>38860
I was considering training them to fight under non-lethal circumstances (either shallow water or sweet-laced water). Once we've trained enough Marisas to fight on water, we stage a naval battle a la Roman gladiatorial contests where the winning side gets tossed some scraps before we introduce the Murasas.

>>38865
I disagree, while I consider both options mentioned to be undesirable, I consider the yukkuri to be more undesirable because I consider it to be rape or veering close to rape. As I see it, none of the three bodied yukkuri are smart enough to give informed consent.
>> No. 38868
>>38867
>I consider the yukkuri to be more undesirable because I consider it to be rape or veering close to rape. As I see it, none of the three bodied yukkuri are smart enough to give informed consent.

Now, that's just stupid.
>> No. 38870
>>38867

What are you talking about? It's consensual sex between two adults who understand perfectly well the process and consequences of having sex.

Whats causing you to be uneasy, Anon?
>> No. 38871
>>38870
I'm not him, but the Factory selecting yukkuri predisposed to liking humans and training them to act on that desire from a young age makes me uneasy. It's really quite creepy!

But they don't deserve punishment for something outside their control.
>> No. 38872
>>38868
Consider this:

Yukkuri intelligence is pathetic - most can't count higher than 3, most possess no risk assessment capabilities, and most can't use reason to create a plan but rather seem to be controlled by their instincts. The only thing that sets them apart from animals is that their speech is intelligible to humans and that's actually a bad thing for them considering the usual contents of that speech.

If we use this evidence to conclude that yukkuri possess intelligence similar to that of animals, then sex with yukkuri is bestiality, which disgust aside, is unethical because it is an act of rape.

If we use this evidence to conclude that yukkuri possess near-human intelligence but are handicapped, then sex with yukkuri is equivalent to sex with a person with significant mental handicaps - it skirts the line in some cases, but a sufficiently mentally handicapped person would not possess the reasoning capabilities to give informed consent.

Of course, these conclusions do not apply to yukkuri possessing intelligence genuinely on part with humans, but none of the three bodied yukkuri have demonstrated anything approaching that. They're a cut above the average yukkuri but they're clearly not even close to the average human. For example, none of them can count past three.
>> No. 38874
>>38872

Your whole argument is subjective.

The bottom line is this: all three of the bodied yukkuri are adults. If they ask for sex, one must assume informed consent is given, because there is no real way to objectively tell whether or not they are even smart enough to give it.

Your skewed definition of intelligence really has nothing to do with the concept of informed consent.
>> No. 38875
>>38874
Informed consent is a combination of maturity, knowledge, reasoning capabilities, the absence of coercion and debilitating factors, and probably one or two other things that I can't recall offhand. Informed consent is assumed most of the time because it is difficult to measure and unrealistically impractical under most conditions, not because it is outright impossible to measure.

Adulthood isn't a magical line that automatically separates people competent enough to give informed consent and people too incompetent to do so. Society uses adulthood as an assumption of the capability to give informed consent because it is strongly correlated with the maturity, understanding, and the reasoning faculties needed to give informed consent. Yukkuri adulthood can't be used as indication of the competence to give informed consent because it is not the same thing as human adulthood and cannot to be attached to the same assumptions about the individual's capabilities.
>> No. 38876
>>38874

Yeah, and they are also educated on such subjects.

Besides, do not assume yukkuri work the same as humans. While they aren't as smart as humans, they are concious and rational enough for that, much more than common yukkuri.

As I see it, they are like poor and uneducated humans. Actually, there people dumb enough that makes the factory yukkuri geniouses by comparison (and no, these people are not mentally handicaped).

>>38872
>If we use this evidence to conclude that yukkuri possess intelligence similar to that of animals, then sex with yukkuri is bestiality, which disgust aside, is unethical because it is an act of rape.

What? No, man. Bodied yukkuri are way above animals, specially factory ones. The simple fact that they can intereact as humans can, puts them on their own level.

Also, learn to animal sex. Many animals actually demonstrates sexual willingness towards humans. It's just that people are too stupid/arrogant to understand that.
>> No. 38877
>>38875

Actually, it can. You're just saying it can't so as to not immediately debunk your own argument.

Adulthood might not be a magical line, but it sure is a legal one. Once again; unless you can objectively prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that the three yukkuri that John posses are incapable of giving informed consent, please refrain from calling the people who want to fuck their brains out "rapist."

I apologize in advance if it wasn't you who made the rape comment.
>> No. 38878
This thread is going places~

How about we save this argument for a more urgent time? I figure Tenshi is going to break down crying eventually, and this is all going to get repeated then.
>> No. 38880
>>38876
You may have a point about the three bodied yukkuri being closer to poor and uneducated humans, but I strongly disagree about yukkuri in general being comparable to low to mid-ranged human intelligence. We haven't seen enough yukkuri in this setting to form a conclusion on their intelligence, but in most settings, they're fundamentally less capable than non-handicapped humans. Regardless, the original contention was that yukkuri in general were dumb enough to be considered animals but I concede that Factory-trained, bodied yukkuri are superior to non-human animals in their capabilities. Although certain animals can use tools (apes, crows, otters, etc.) and communicate with humans on a sophisticated level (gorillas using man-made tools), Alice's demonstrated capabilities put her a step above them. Nonetheless, none of her capabilities demonstrated thus far suggest that she is capable of acting in the same capacities as an independent human adult in human societies.

>>38877
Legal distinctions are not the same as ethical distinctions. It used to be that coercive sex within marriages wasn't considered rape under the law, but does that mean it wasn't? Besides, since the position that the yukkuri do possess the competence to give informed consent is a positive claim, it's normally the case that you'd need to make your case rather than assuming it to be so.

That said, I did not call the posters voting to fuck the Tenshi 'rapists', only that I personally considered the consent in almost all acts of human-yukkuri sex to be either uninformed or at least questionable. It might seem as though that is the same thing as calling those posters rapists because I used rape as shorthand, but that is poor communication on my part than actual condemnation. If I've offended anyone, then I apologize.

>>38878
But it's fun to argue on the Internet~
>> No. 38882
>>38875
>Informed consent is a combination of maturity, knowledge, reasoning capabilities, the absence of coercion and debilitating factors

Check, check, check, check and check.

They are old enough, have the knowledge (and trainning), are educated and have superior intellect than their peers, and not only have we never once forced them to do anything, they are also very willing, even eager.

Just because their species isn't as evolved as humanity, it doesn't meant they aren't capable of something so simple and harmless as having sex. They can say "Yes" and "No" as much as any human can.
>> No. 38884
>>38880
>same capacities as an independent human adult in human societies.

Our factory yukkuri can think and they will work. What else do you want? The biggest reason we can't let them go "free" is because they are too fragile, and there is a strong prejudice against yukkuri in general.

>Law stuff

You all forgettingthat there is no law about yukkuri in this story.

You know what, this discussion is stupid.
>> No. 38885
>informed consent

Lol. That's something you use for real people, and not imaginary magic food people.

See, that's the problem with this whole stuff. You're all talking about imaginary people made of magical food. Stop thinking of them as you would think of a human.
>> No. 38886
>>38885
Say, you're right. They're not human. They're not even human-shaped any more than an ape is. Maybe we shouldn't be fucking them.
>> No. 38888
>>38885

When it's put this way, it makes me wonder if there's anything Anon will decline to sex up.

>>38886

Seconded.
>> No. 38890
>>38886
>They're not human. They're not even human-shaped any more than an ape is.

Yukkuri have human foot, your argument is invalid.

And by the way? Ran has 9 enormous tails, Aya has wings, Yoshika is a zombie, Mima and Tojiko have a ghot tail instead of legs, fairies are fairies, Orin is a cat and Okuu is a living nuclear reactor. Pratically 98% of the touhou cast is made of non-humans. That doesn't make them any less desireable and are, in fact, much more appealing than the human characters, even though they have much more inhumane appearence than yukkuri do. So don't come with that bullshit as an argument to reject them.
>> No. 38891
>>38882
You'd be more persuasive if you attached arguments to those claims rather than posting claims alone. Not to mention that most of these factors are more complicated than a simple yes-or-no answer.

For example, coercion isn't simply one party forcing the other into an undesired action, it's also a matter of pressure and power imbalances. Re-read Alice's reasoning in the first thread - she wanted to be useful because useless yukkuri are 're-processed'.

Regardless, in most of these cases, I'd consider there to be 'not enough information to tell' and default to 'assumption of the absence of competence to give informed consent' because yukkuri are different enough from adult humans that we cannot simply assume competence.

>>38884
Once again, it's not a matter of whether they can think but how well they can think. A dog can think, a mouse can think, and even simpler creatures such as worms and cockroaches demonstrate behaviors that seem to be precursors to what we'd call sentience (though not sapience). A dog can understand humans better than most apes and reason well enough to perform a number of useful tasks such as herding and pest control, but does that mean a dog can give informed consent?

As for the absence of yukkuri legislation, it's important to maintain a distinction between what is legal and what is immoral. Nothing we can do to yukkuri is illegal, but that does not mean it cannot be immoral.

>>38885
Well, I'm arguing here because I consider ethics to be interesting and reasoning through ethical questions a rather enjoyable diversion, though it seems that I'm ruffling more feathers than I intended.
>> No. 38892
>>38886
You wouldn't fuck a non-human? Not even if you loved them? That's sick, dude.
>> No. 38893
>>38890
At least they can count to four.
>> No. 38894
>>38890
It's completely different. Ran, for example, is basically a human with tails and ears. While a monkey or yukkuri is basically an animal that just happens to look like a human. Take the yukkuri's abnormally wide head. By no stretch of the imagination is that thing human or even close to human.
>> No. 38895
>>38894

They are small and have big heads. Oh wow, how abhorrent. Tyrion Lannister and every other midget in the world would like to have a word with you.

Appearence wise, Yukkuri are basically humans with dwarfism. Using appearence as an argument is even worse.
>> No. 38896
>>38891
I don't see how them being unable to give informed consent matters. We still have to deal with their infatuation, one way or another.

I don't even care how. As long as there's some form of closure, I'll be happy.
>> No. 38897
>>38896
There are other methods than to indulge them in their infatuations without further consideration.

Rather than accepting Alice's offer, we could've reassured her that we didn't consider her useless and that we weren't going to return her to be killed. Consider her stated motivation in that situation - wanting to be 'useful' because the useless are 're-processed'. Imagine a scenario where it's a human offering the same thing and consider whether accepting that offer is the right thing to do.

As for Tenshi, I don't mind 'punishing' her so long as it's a part of a fair but strict system of rewards and punishments. I'd prefer that we didn't include sex as part of that system because I don't consider yukkuri to be attractive and remain uncertain about their competence to give informed consent, but I don't mind indulging her masochism because that is a trait ingrained to that sub-species. Another possible solution is to acquire a yukkuri to whom we can outsource Tenshi rewards and punishments because there's no chance that we can handle 14 Tenshis. An Iku would be superb for this task - we choose which Tenshis have performed well enough to be rewarded and then allot them time with Iku.

As for Chen, I don't see her demonstrating the same interest.
>> No. 38898
>>38897
>I don't consider yukkuri to be attractive
This is the crux of the matter. If you did, you wouldn't care about informed consent. Pedophiles and zoophiles certainly don't.
>> No. 38899
>>38898
Untrue, desiring something does not mean acting upon that desire. For example, a person might want to drink until he passes out but that doesn't mean that person can't restrain that desire in order to be able to rise the next day and head to work.
>> No. 38900
>>38898

Pedophile/Zoophiles =/= rapists.

Yes, there is a difference. And then there is also "rape =/= statutory rape", and that 16 years old are not children, but let's not go into that too.
>>38899

This is a piece of fiction and fantasy. It is the crux of the matter.
>> No. 38903
>>38900
Not sure what this means - unless it's an exhortation to we the participant audience members that we should suspend some of our usual standards and/or faculties of judgement in order to better enjoy the story as it is being shaped? If so, sure, why not - I've said what I wanted to say anyways so I'll drop the matter now.
>> No. 38904
itt: We bitch about the morals of having any form of sexual fantasy towards a being made of beanpaste on a site where the main cast are little girls. Along with an 18+ part of the imageboard just a click away.
>> No. 38905
>>38897
I suspect the night with Alice might have cause d us to get a bodied Shanghai.
>> No. 38906
Guys, I think we've argued enough for now. Why don't we put it on hold for a while?

So, does the city have stuff like bullet-resistant glass? Because that should be really helpful with strays. I've heard stories of people throwing cinderblocks at them, and then having them rebound and hit them on the head.
>> No. 38907
>>38906
Beats me, but it strikes me that we don't need bullet-proof glass so much as glass that can resist both small stones being spat out of a yukkuri's mouth and an adult yukkuri hurling itself at the glass.
>> No. 38908
>>38906

Now, now, let's be more realistic. Break-ins might, sure, but isn't cheaper to buy a place with less window and more walls? Somewhere with windows only at the front, so we can keep an eye out for the custormers.
>> No. 38910
>>38907
True, though Frank did mention robbers pitching a brick through the front window of a store back in thread one.

>>38908
I'm utterly ignorant of the ideal window-age of cafes, but I thought you were supposed to have as much window as possible so people can see how great your cafe is.
>> No. 38911
Ok so it looks like we need a theoretical window to wall ratio, optimized to provide maximum cash efficiency for a cafe in a high danger zone.

where's Mathanon when you need him?
>> No. 38912
>>38910
Eh, humans are a separate problem, one that can't be handled using bullet-proof glass alone. A simpler solution might be to rent a site in a location that has minimal crime.

In regards to windows, it does seem that people prefer to see out into the streets while sitting in restaurants, doesn't it?

It's unfortunate that we haven't the funds but there's this one building that I pass regularly that could be easily made largely yukkuri-proof. It has this patio space in front of the building set up on a raised concrete platform with a single set of stairs in the center leading up to the patio and the restaurant. There's no chance that a yukkuri could leap onto the platform much less the glass fencing the platform in and at night, it would be a relatively simple matter to use a gate on the stairs to keep yukkuri out.
>> No. 38914
File 132559366297.jpg - (43.33KB , 435x308 , FrontBuildingc.jpg ) [iqdb]
38914
>>38910
>>38912

I'm thinking of something like this.

Hm, but then again, in this case, the front is the only part with space for windows...
>> No. 38915
>>38911

Even if he were here, he wouldn't be able to make anything, as he doesn't have any info to work with.
>> No. 38916
>>38914
Fairly standard design, with windows at the front and maybe a second entrance in the back. It'd work, yeah. Ultimately though, it depends on the atmosphere. Windows increase light which leads to a brighter and more cheerful atmosphere. That setup seems more as if it's aiming for a 'serious' and 'sophisticated' atmosphere which is unsuitable for a cafe staffed by magical pastries.
>> No. 38917
It should be noted that some kind of security will be needed, as if the place really takes off it's going to be a huge target for the Liberation Front.

Not going to vote either way on it, but it'd be a reason to provide at least some kind of discount for the Mafia, as having them around might help in warding off attacks; the Liberation Front tends to go after softer targets, if memory serves.
>> No. 38918
>>38917
Unless we become hugely successful and/or start hosting yukkuri gladiatorial contests, I don't think that'll be too big a problem. We'll probably be under the radar of most of them and there're juicier targets like pet shops and what not.

Still, cultivating a business relationship with the mob and installing security measures would be pretty helpful later on - setting loose a swarm of Flandres on the intruders would be hilarious.
>> No. 38919
>>38847
>>38852

There's an important disadvantage to owning a Satori:

Satori are stupid.

If we find out what kind of yukkuri it is, then we could probably make it believe anything we want, just by thinking about it as though it were true.

Unless it also has the ability to automatically tell lies from the truth, it probably just listens to your internal monologue. This should be fairly easy to confirm online.


So we could think something like: "Excellent, with these guys helping, then when I win Yukari will set up that portal to the outside. I wish I could tell them though, 'cause I don't like the sound of the penalty and they'd probably be good partners."

But aside from wild and risky manipulation games (which would end badly anyway) our protagonist has a distressing ignorance of yukkuri:

[X] Research that unknown yukkuri (Satori) and then other yukkuri with special powers.
>> No. 38922
>>38919
It's doubtful that a Satori's mind-reading is as simple as reading a person's internal monologue because this particular Satori picked up enough information to label the character a pervert. Attempting to trick it is unwise because it should be able to pick up on the thoughts building up to the attempt to deceive it.

And that's not accounting for the possibility of variance in capabilities within the Satori sub-species and the possibility of increased capabilities as the yukkuri grows. Real possibilities considering that dosu-Marisas can fire dosu-sparks in a lot of yukkuri settings. Never mind that unless there's been scientific studies done (doubtful), what information we can glean from the Internet is probably incomplete, quite possibly outright inaccurate in places, and almost certainly based on individual anecdotes that do not necessarily represent the sub-species as a whole.

If we really want the full details on pretty much anything but the more common sub-species, we're going to have to do the experiments ourselves.
>> No. 38923
>>It's doubtful that a Satori's mind-reading is as simple as reading a person's internal monologue because this particular Satori picked up enough information to label the character a pervert.

Satori picked up on that stuff at the exact moment that the MC started thinking about boinking Tenshi. Coincidence? I kinda doubt it.
>> No. 38926
>>38923
Good point, I'd forgotten that line, though I'm still disinclined to attempt to fool a Satori. Even assuming that a Satori can only read a person's 'surface thoughts', it should still be able to sense lies so long as the person being read chooses to lie and thus thinks about the lie before uttering it.

It might be possible to lie to a Satori but I suspect it'll require either superb mental discipline that this protagonist doesn't seem to possess or cognitive dissonance.
>> No. 38927
File 132563418113.jpg - (380.33KB , 791x887 , 3851972.jpg ) [iqdb]
38927
No. Nothing you can think of asking about offhand. You shake your head and knock on the door.

It's answered by the wide leer of Bunny, and you nearly have a small heart attack.

"I was expecting... my landlord, honestly." You say. Her raspy chuckle in response grates at your ears, but she disappears inside. After a moment, you follow through to a lounge, where he's sitting at a desk and carefully working through a number of papers.

"You brought the contract, son?" He asks, as Bunny hefts a small briefcase and sets it on the table, clicking it open to reveal stacks of unmarked bills inside. You set the contract down, and she plucks it up without waiting, tucking it away into her clothes somewhere. "Good, good." He says, not bothering to so much as turn around and watch the transaction, engrossed in his work. "Nothing else you need?"

"I wanted to ask after the key to the roof." You say.

He sighs, deeply, and sets his pen down before stroking at his chin.

"Roof.... hm. I have the key around here somewhere." He says. Bunny, off to the side a bit, pours herself a small glass of scotch and sits down, sprawling across a nicely upholstered leather two-person seat. You aren't sure whether to bring it up, but Ricky isn't objecting or anything, so you keep your mouth shut. "Might be in the kitchen. Just a moment. Have a seat if you want."

.... Bunny's smirk widens as he leaves the room. There's only one seat available, aside from the rickety chair that your landlord was using and a reclining chair matching the couch, stacked and piled over with boxes and papers you aren't certain you want to mess with. It's right beside her.

You decide to awkwardly remain standing. She doesn't seem to be particularly distressed by your decision. In fact she seems a little amused, as she finishes her glass and rises, sauntering past you on her way out. .... You feel a quick pinch in your posterior regions before she's entirely past, and then her chuckles echo through the hallway as she leaves.

You aren't entirely certain how to feel about the whole exchange. There are several ways you could take it. You're still standing there in a daze a bit later when Ricky makes his way back, seeming unsurprised to see Bunny gone, or the empty glass with a few drops of alcohol still in the bottom.

"Found that key, son. Will that be all?" He asks, wryly.

"I think I may have just been molested. A bit." You answer without thinking.

"She does that sometimes." Ricky replies, seeming uninterested in your plight.

"That's... well. I thought Bunny belonged to Frida, to be honest, so I was a little surprised to see her here at all..." You stumble, verbally. Ricky shrugs.

"That one mostly does as she pleases." He says. "Fairly sure her signature's on ownership papers, and there's a collar keeping her from outgrowing doors, but the boss doesn't do much to restrain her. She gets along well enough in society, though."

"Surprising. She can just come and go as she pleases?"

"Mostly. Well, you won't see many yukkuri in a business suit and tie, so it's not really hard to tell Bunny in a crowd, anyway. She'll bunker down for a few days in the boss's place for a while before and after exterminations run through, but that's just precaution. It's obvious that she's not feral, but then there's always an idiot or two around. Best to avoid the issue entirely, around street-cleaning times." He says.

"I... See." You reply.

"Well, that and she's a crack shot. Shoot a man's knees out at two hundred paces, at a full run." He says.

"I see." You reply, not entirely happy to hear this news.

"Don't worry too much. She's probably just messing with your head, for the most part. Probably. Can't completely tell what's going on in hers, of course." He says, settling down to his work again. "Nothing else you wanted?"

"No, I think I'm done here." You say, briefcase full of bills in hand.

"Be sure to shut the door on the way out." He calls after you as you leave.

The trip back is uneventful, despite that your paranoia is driven to furious heights due to the whole carrying around a briefcase full of money thing. You begin to relax once you're back in the apartment, though. Frank barely nods at you as he steps past and leaves, gone before you can speak up.

... You'll have to bug him about what he's doing later, if you're interested, you suppose. Most of the Yukkuri seem to be doing their own thing, either playing or teaching. You call Chen over. She was just napping anyway, as were most of her litter. It's only a few more minutes to collect the jar, unusually quiet infant Reimu inside, and the bowl of muck from the fridge. The rest will take care of themselves for however long this takes. Shouldn't be too long.

The door to the roof is solid and metal, looming in your way. The key opens it without trouble though, and you step up the stairs to the roof proper. It's flat, and made of light concrete, with raised ledges and slight open spaces at the bottom to let rainwater flow into the gutters.

"Alright, Chen." You ask. "Can you smell the Yukkuri?"

She sniffs the air a couple times, then again. Then shrugs.

"Faint. Not here right now." She says.

A quick glance over the edge confirms this, from what you can see of the nest below. Hm. Well, time to set out a trap. It has to come back sooner or later, after all. But it seems like it's alone, no infants, since those would probably be left in the safety of the nest while it was out.

You set the bowl down a bit away, and then retreat backwards a bit. The smell of 'something sweet' should lure whatever it is in, and once it's up, it shouldn't be able to recognize what's in the bowl. And they don't seem really observant, so it will probably just miss you.

You sit down against the raised edge of the rooftop and settle in to wait. Chen slinks up to snuggle oddly against you.... Hm.

"Something wrong?" You ask.

"Chen likes it up here~" She almost-purrs. "Nice. Quiet. Breeze. Alone, with nobody to see Master and Chen~"

... The way she's rubbing against you is raising flags in your head, among other things. Well.

"Can Chen 'play' with Master?" She asks, deliberately stressing the word, and smiling.

---

3:10 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 38929
[x] Eh, ok. Just try to keep an eye out for the other yukkuri.

Oh Bunny~, you're so wild. I'm liking you already.

And Chen~. We haven't given her anything yet, have we?
>> No. 38930
[x] Alright, but just a bit.

I'm kinda disappointed. I thought John would be calling for Tenshi as soon as he returned. Eh, a cat is fine too.
>> No. 38932
[x] This is neither the time nor the place.
[x] Run Chen through a couple of basic training exercises - conceal the Reimu in a hidden location and then get her to sniff it out. Practice makes for perfect.
[x] Get Chen to practice pouncing on the Reimu from a run without killing it - it's an important skill if she's to help us capture wild yukkuri on later occasions.

I'm liking Bunny more and more - is it possible that it's on the path to becoming a youkai rather than remaining a yukkuri? Her attitude is irritating but it can't be denied that she has the skills to back up her arrogance.
>> No. 38933
[x] This is neither the time nor the place.
[x] Run Chen through a couple of basic training exercises - conceal the Reimu in a hidden location and then get her to sniff it out. Practice makes for perfect.
[x] Get Chen to practice pouncing on the Reimu from a run without killing it - it's an important skill if she's to help us capture wild yukkuri on later occasions.

Going with this because Anon should have read/played/watched enough things to know that if we get distracted whatever yukkuri is nesting here will be back and gone before we know it, it might even brag about us.
>> No. 38936
[X]A cat is NOT fine too. (Oh, Shiki)
[X]Teach Chen hunting.
>> No. 38938
[x] A cat is fine too. Play with her.

We should spoil her a bit since we did so with Alice and Tenshi.
>> No. 38939
[x] This is neither the time nor the place.
[x] Run Chen through a couple of basic training exercises - conceal the Reimu in a hidden location and then get her to sniff it out. Practice makes for perfect.
[x] Get Chen to practice pouncing on the Reimu from a run without killing it - it's an important skill if she's to help us capture wild yukkuri on later occasions.
>> No. 38940
[x] This is neither the time nor the place.
-[x] In fact, it never will be.
>> No. 38941
[x] This is neither the time nor the place.
[x] Run Chen through a couple of basic training exercises - conceal the Reimu in a hidden location and then get her to sniff it out. Practice makes for perfect.
[x] Get Chen to practice pouncing on the Reimu from a run without killing it - it's an important skill if she's to help us capture wild yukkuri on later occasions.

Goddammit. I was hoping the whole yukkuris-lusting-for-us thing would be limited to Alice and Tenshi, but now we're getting hit on by our cat and a psychotic drunken pastry bunny with mob connections. Do not want yuukuri-Tohno gland.

I'm also really hoping Chen doesn't try to guilt-trip us like Alice did. Nothing feels more I-am-a-horrible-person than pity sex, and I know Anon would jump all over that anyways.
>> No. 38942
>>38941
I dunno - psychotic drunken pastry bunnies are kind of awesome in the 'as long as it happens to some stupid bastard who's not me' sense.
>> No. 38943
[x] This is neither the time nor the place.
[x] Run Chen through a couple of basic training exercises - conceal the Reimu in a hidden location and then get her to sniff it out. Practice makes for perfect.
[x] Get Chen to practice pouncing on the Reimu from a run without killing it - it's an important skill if she's to help us capture wild yukkuri on later occasions.

You crazy Chen? It's a-huntin' time!

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
>> No. 38944
>>38942
Gotta second this notion.

[x] This is neither the time nor the place.
[x] Run Chen through a couple of basic training exercises - conceal the Reimu in a hidden location and then get her to sniff it out. Practice makes for perfect.
[x] Get Chen to practice pouncing on the Reimu from a run without killing it - it's an important skill if she's to help us capture wild yukkuri on later occasions.

I can't help but expect she'll end up offing the Reimu on the first pounce.
>> No. 38945
[x] A cat if fine too. But not too much, you need to pay attention.

You guys are heartless. You don't have to flat out refuse, just do something small to make her happy. It doesn't have to be full sex, there are other ways of 'playing', ways which won't divert John's attention too much.
>> No. 38946
>>38944
Hence, practice.

Better she ends up killing this useless practice than if she messes up with a rare ko-Kaguya or something similar when we go hunting. Besides, we have more than enough Reimus and Marisas to spare.
>> No. 38947
[x] Alright, but just a bit.

While I can understand why someone wouldn't want to do this at this time, it is possible to compromise.
>> No. 38949
>>38946
>ko-kaguya

I will be honest, are we even going to properly hunt, even if in the future? We are damn close to start opening the cafe, and already have the money. The next days will be full of looking for a decent place, buying equipment, etc. And when the cafe is properly opened, we will be too busy staffing it, including Frank. So, as I see it, hunting is now a waste of time.

Also, you're all trainning Chen to be a dog. She's supposed to be the adorable lazy pussy, not a hunting dog. When/if we ever get a Momiji, train that instead.
>> No. 38950
>>38949
Finding the time to hunt in more distant locations might be difficult but at the least a trained Chen can help us cut down on the local yukkuri population once we find a site and maybe pick up a Patchouli and an Alice.

As for why we want to hunt - it increases our yukkuri selection and selling yukkuri is the best revenue source available to us at the moment. Blob Tenshis go for 200 M a pop, imagine what we could charge on other rarer subspecies, even the ones that we don't want to keep and breed like Flandres.

On a side note, I am not looking forward to once the cafe opens, the day-to-day operations of such a business tend to be dull and stressful at best.
>> No. 38951
>>38950
>On a side note, I am not looking forward to once the cafe opens, the day-to-day operations of such a business tend to be dull and stressful at best.
>dull and stressful at best.

You can bet on that. I'm pretty sure we will ahve to work harder to make the girls happy again after an stressing day. I'm also pretty sure they will ask for the best way relieving them. Tip:Chen is asking for it right now.Another tip:It's sex.

Other than that, I believe Kahi will skip most of the day, writing only scenes with special events. So it would probably be a huge timeskip, giving us less time for other things.
>> No. 38952
>>38951
Ugh, I recommend that start training yukkuri to offer some kind of entertainment in the cafe to make things more interesting. Find a bodied Yuuka and have it play guitar, have Youmus exhibit their swordsmanship, or something.

While I'd prefer to start hosting gladiatorial games at night once the cafe closes, that might not be the most suitable thing for a cafe.
>> No. 38956
>>38955
That is an excellent idea that I did not even consider and better yet, it's all the more reason to go trampling around in strange regions hunting for yukkuri! Wonder how you'd go about catching Mystias? Seems like it'll be easier to hunt down their nests and then steal the babies rather than actually trying to catch the adults.
>> No. 38957
>>38956
That'd probably be the easiest way, since Mystias fly and such. We don't know how well these guys make music, unfortunately.
>> No. 38958
>>38957
We'll probably need to capture the babies and then force them to listen to human music 12/7, using a system of rewards and punishments to persuade/coerce them into emulating human music. Might be better to use them to breed bodied newborns though, less stress and separation anxiety for them.
>> No. 38961
[x] A cat is fine too. Play with her.
>> No. 38962
[x] This is neither the time nor the place.
[x] Run Chen through a couple of basic training exercises - conceal the Reimu in a hidden location and then get her to sniff it out. Practice makes for perfect.
[x] Get Chen to practice pouncing on the Reimu from a run without killing it - it's an important skill if she's to help us capture wild yukkuri on later occasions.

Training is important. We already have Alice anyways.
>> No. 38967
Dont remember if I voted.

[x] A cat is fine too.

As the anon above pointed out, There arent many flying-type yukkuri. So long as we dont do anything that involves us getting off and losing focus, then it's all good. We're trying to run a bussiness here, not a church where everything must be clean of sin. There might be yukkuri up here that'd be attracted by us 'playing'.

I dont even see the moral problem either as it's pretty much the same as sticking your dick into food, only it talks back.
>> No. 38969
[x] This is neither the time nor the place.
-[x] Try to get the three to stop coming on to you. At the very least, you should make sure the kids aren't taught Sam's sex lessons.
[x] Run Chen through a couple of basic training exercises - conceal the Reimu in a hidden location and then get her to sniff it out. Practice makes perfect.
[x] Get Chen to practice pouncing on the Reimu from a run without killing it - it's an important skill if she's to help us capture wild yukkuri on later occasions.

>>38967
What you wanna do is hit the checkbox on all the votes that could be yours, scroll to the bottom of the screen, and hit delete. It'll only delete your post, if you have one.

And I must say, I find it extremely unlikely that a yukkuri would be attracted by refreshing, and all but impossible to capture, with Chen distracted and us having literally been caught with our pants down.
>> No. 38970
>>38968
You're pretty sure an Aya-type wouldn't give two shits about a human and a Chen-type doing it?
>> No. 38972
>>38970
Well, it certainly wouldn't come close enough to grab. And when did we decide these were Ayas?
>> No. 38973
>>38968

Unless you fuck up and let everyone know that, I fail to see such risk. The girls are trained to be secretive about such matter.

[x] A cat is fine too.

The real Aya is a voyeur (fandom is base for stories like these) so it's safe to assume her copies are too. Yeah, even if it's not an aya, the risk isn't that great.

Am I also the only one who remembers Shangai? C'mon, you can't really say it was a coincidence.
>> No. 38974
>>38973
Your logic is atrocious and an example of 'post hoc ergo propter hoc'.
>> No. 38977
>>38973
>Am I also the only one who remembers Shangai?
Chen does not have a super-ultra rare offspring like Alice does.

>voyeur
Most voyeurs don't go right up to the people they're watching, and flee when spotted. We don't have any traps, and need to be alert to grab whatever it is when it comes up to the thing we already have set up to attract it.

>even if it's not an aya, the risk isn't that great.
Just for example, what if it's a Remilia that kills Chen while it's preoccupied with us?
>> No. 38979
>>38977

Chen's super rare offspring is gonne be the yukkuri we want to catch. Somewhat different, but I'm sure the paying is gonna help us. While real voyeur might be as you say, remember we're dealing with yukkuri here, not human people.

And you don't have to worry about any Remilia trying to hurt Chen. John is still there, remember? Chen is safe, soecially if she's being embraced by her owner/protector.
>> No. 38981
>>38979
Yukkuri breeding doesn't work like that - it's either one of the parent sub-species or in rare cases, a mixture of both sub-species.

Furthermore, you've offered no proof that Shanghai was the result of human-yukkuri coitus and there is no proof. Correlation does not indicate causation, not to mention that you don't even have enough data to establish correlation. Not to mention that while fertile human-yukkuri unions exist in some stories, but those hybrids are clearly human-yukkuri hybrids in such stories.
>> No. 38982
>>38980
>Furthermore, you've offered no proof that Shanghai was the result of human-yukkuri coitus and there is no proof.

There human-yukkuri relations with offspring in part of the yukkuri universe. How about testing this theory then? Let's have John bang Alice this night and see if she gets pregnant. And even is John's sperm did nothing, I'm sure that Alice's happiness had a great deal in it.

And it seems you have misunderstood >>38979 a bit. I think what he is trying to say is not that Chen will give birth to the yukkuri we're hunting, but that just how sex helped Alice birth Shanghai, sex will help attract the unkown yukkuri, in the hopes that it's a voyeuristic Aya.
>> No. 38983
>>38982
Huh, seems to be poor reading comprehension on my part.

Regardless, that's a pretty poor reason because sex is a major distraction, it puts us in a position where we're unprepared to capture the critter once it appears, and because it's counting on the yukkuri being an Aya, voyeuristic Aya, and a voyeuristic Aya stupid enough to approach close enough that we can reach out and grab it. Considering that there's no guarantee that it's an Aya and that Aya yukkuri tend to be more trolls than voyeurs and are not famous for their stupidity, that's a poor argument at best.

As for testing the fertility of human-yukkuri unions, no, hell no. It's not even as though it's difficult to make yukkuri happy without resorting to coitus - most can be satisfied by giving them sweets and having them interact with their offspring.
>> No. 38984
>>38983
>As for testing the fertility of human-yukkuri unions, no, hell no. It's not even as though it's difficult to make yukkuri happy without resorting to coitus - most can be satisfied by giving them sweets and having them interact with their offspring.

I'd say our factory yukkuri aren't a part of the "most".

Even if they were, I'd love to find out if John is compatible with yukkuri.
>> No. 38988
[X] Put penis in Chen.

Let's not beat around the bush.
>> No. 38990
How long has the average Anon been exposed to media with secretive sex in it? All of them end with someone finding out, this someone is usually a person who does not approve, or is very loud. Do I need to remind anons that the most likely human who would walk in on us goes to parties often.

TL;DR-Be savvy, Anon
>> No. 38994
>>38991
Hormone driven perhaps, though it boils down to much the same thing in the end.

>>38990
Although Frank's reaction would be amusing, I'd be more concerned about a possible Aya yukkuri zooming across the entire building shouting, 'Ooo~ pervert pervert' and 'Ooo~ idiot idiot.'
>> No. 38995
>>38992

That's retarded. Sexual scenes are a part of the story, and belong to the story. It's been done ever since THP (without the -). Without it, the story will be incomplete.
>> No. 38996
[x] This is neither the time nor the place.
-[x] Try to get the three to stop coming on to you. At the very least, you should make sure the kids aren't taught Sam's sex lessons.
[x] Run Chen through a couple of basic training exercises - conceal the Reimu in a hidden location and then get her to sniff it out. Practice makes perfect.
[x] Get Chen to practice pouncing on the Reimu from a run without killing it - it's an important skill if she's to help us capture wild yukkuri on later occasions.

>Sexual scenes are a part of the story, and belong to the story.
This is a story about a man coming of age and winning the big yukkuri contest with his best friend. Sex scenes with yukkuri are unwanted additions.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
>> No. 38997
>>38996

No, this is a story about a guy and his adorable (and somewhat kinky) yukkuri. The contest is like a simple background, as the main focus should be character interaction/development, and sexual themes are a part of that.

>his friend

You mean the guy who's barely around?
>> No. 39000
[x] This is neither the time nor the place.
-[x] Try to get the three to stop coming on to you. At the very least, you should make sure the kids aren't taught Sam's sex lessons.
[x] Run Chen through a couple of basic training exercises - conceal the Reimu in a hidden location and then get her to sniff it out. Practice makes perfect.
[x] Get Chen to practice pouncing on the Reimu from a run without killing it - it's an important skill if she's to help us capture wild yukkuri on later occasions.

First time voting on this site because the chen option is a really bad idea at this time (or any other time really). (Non native speaker here, excuse the possible bad english).
Great story so far.
>> No. 39002
>>38997
Frank's usually too busy boinking random women and possibly making more trouble and maybe some connections.
>> No. 39003
[x] This is neither the time nor the place.
-[x] none of the other subvotes
>> No. 39007
File 132575047762.gif - (8.34KB , 600x450 , story678.gif ) [iqdb]
39007
[x] Don't screw Chen.
Next thing you know, through a stroke of misfortune, she’s carrying a litter of your impossible interspecies children. Then do you know what we have, Dmitri John?

BLACK.

CATS.

We were already having shitty luck, Dmitri John, and this is obviously the beginning of a bad luck spiral that will doom us all. Your careless actions will make our luck so bad that it will cause us to have worse luck which will make our already-bad luck even badder.
>> No. 39008
>>39007
>We were already having shitty luck

...what?
>> No. 39010
>>39008
You do realize we're already in debt to the mob, yes? That's not generally considered a lucky circumstance, FYI.
>> No. 39012
>>39011
That's like saying you wanted to jump off a cliff. Wanting something and getting it isnt always a good thing you know.
>> No. 39013
[x]
A

C
A
T

I
S

F
I
N
E

T
O
O
.
.
.

Sorry, I couldn't hold the nostalgia back. This IS a vote, by the way.
>> No. 39014
>>39013
>one letter on every line
Seriously, man?
>> No. 39015
>>39014
You make me feel old.
>> No. 39017
>>39014

How new can you be? You weren't around when Tsukihime was at it's apex on /a/?
>> No. 39018
>>39015
>>39017

Man, I know it's from the comic. It's just we all still get the reference when it's written normally. Even though the original comic translation had that written downwards, that was to fit in the text bubble, which was really skinny. We have wider space and automatic word wrap, so there's no reason to extend a post with two lines of content into one that is automatically shortened.
>> No. 39019
File 132580545481.jpg - (19.33KB , 347x201 , you.jpg ) [iqdb]
39019
>>39018

On a scale of 1 -10, how angry does it make you that >>39013 decided to use 23 lines on an online imageboard?
>> No. 39021
>>39018

It's not the comic/hype the only source of my nostalgia. During that time, it was common to have someone post the meme/citation written downwards, at least once, sometimes multiple times, even.
>> No. 39024
[x]
A

C
A
T

I
S

F
I
N
E

T
O
O
.
.
.
>> No. 39025
[X] A cat is fine too.
>> No. 39027
Remember kids: One person, one vote.
>> No. 39028
[x] This is neither the time nor the place.
-[x] Try to get the three to stop coming on to you. At the very least, you should make sure the kids aren't taught Sam's sex lessons.
[x] Run Chen through a couple of basic training exercises - conceal the Reimu in a hidden location and then get her to sniff it out. Practice makes perfect.
[x] Get Chen to practice pouncing on the Reimu from a run without killing it - it's an important skill if she's to help us capture wild yukkuri on later occasions.
>> No. 39029
[x] A cat is fine too.
>> No. 39031
[x] This is neither the time nor the place.
-[x] Try to get the three to stop coming on to you. At the very least, you should make sure the kids aren't taught Sam's sex lessons.
[x] Run Chen through a couple of basic training exercises - conceal the Reimu in a hidden location and then get her to sniff it out. Practice makes perfect.
[x] Get Chen to practice pouncing on the Reimu from a run without killing it - it's an important skill if she's to help us capture wild yukkuri on later occasions.
>> No. 39032
File 132587907623.gif - (43.17KB , 650x378 , stern-look-of-disapproval.gif ) [iqdb]
39032
Alright, discounting cheaters found by the check, votes stand equal when streamlined down to a simple 'yes/no'. Half a mind to just go with yes right off the bat in order to spite those people.

But resorting to the fair expedient of a coin-toss says 'yes' has it, anyway. So that's decided.

Incidentally, by my count, had there been no cheating taking place, causing votes to be discounted, then the end result would have been 'no' by a slight margin. Food for thought.

In any case, leaving that aside, I bit the bullet and started another spreadsheet for this, just to keep track of some things. It can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asol9fbKDJgadHhyN1N6MzhfZjN1aWR1clpqM0hlNnc

Bare-bones at the moment, but it should fill out with time.
>> No. 39033
>>39032
Actually, there are some yes posts I remember that were also removed, it's just the posts didn't get banned or something. Also, by my count, it's 14-13 in favor of no, not counting votespammers.
>> No. 39034
>>39032
That it's both unethical and counter-productive to cheat when there's an effective system of detection and punishment in place to deter it?

>>39033
I counted the same thing once all banned posts were disregarded - 13 Yes to 14 No.
>> No. 39035
>>39033
>>39034

Considering some votes are after the spamcheck and bans, it's better to ingore them. That's two "No"s and one "Yes". I believe that's what Kahi is doing.
>> No. 39036
>>39035
That seems to be the probable case, though I'm doubtful that people will be stupid enough to start cheating right after cleaning house.
>> No. 39038
>>39035
Actually, aren't votes made after a spamcheck actually more likely to be valid, since some spammers just got banned and unable to post? At the very least, they ought to be checked for spam and counted.
>> No. 39039
>>39031
>>39033
>>39034

These... would all have been great to see before I finished writing the update. I feel like I should have come back to check on what was a 13-13 tie, now.

But I can't bring myself to just up and delete and rewrite it either, because I missed that last vote getting slipped in. My bad.

In any case, thread 4: >>39037
>> No. 39070
>>39039
Great to see because you'd rather not write yukkuri porn, or because you'd rather not write something against what the vote ended up being?