[Return]
Archived Thread

File 132159810110.jpg - (60.10KB , 600x450 , hmwha.jpg ) [iqdb]
37935 No. 37935
.... The thought of it eating a sibling just bugs you somehow. It would probably be fine if it were in the wild, maybe in the dead of winter, or if they were from different groups. Survival of the fittest, or whatever. But just because it can't wait a few hours to be fed?

Yeah. That just rubs you the wrong way entirely. After a moment of thought, you fold over the tiny ribbon in your hand, and take the little ball's hat off. It's got a ribbon attached to it too, and it's only the work of a moment to slide the red ribbon under the white one, wrap it around a few times, and tie it off as a tiny mark of color. You should be able to tell this one at a glance, now. You have the feeling that, at the very least, you're going to need to keep an eye on it.

Breakfast is a bowl of cold stew, though it looks like Frank had one himself, before slumping over the couch and losing consciousness. Made a bit of a mess. You've wiped up the dripped broth from the counter and floor, and started eating, before the thought hits that Alice might have appreciated you leaving that for her to deal with.

Oh well. You leave the bowl in the sink, after running some water into it. You leave the pot of stew out, though, the pets are starting to rouse themselves and move around. Well, Tenshi and Alice, at least, Chen seems to still be sleeping. No matter. They're pretty obviously bulging, though. Just last night, they looked no different than before, and now they're clearly ready to drop infants at any time. Well, probably not immediately, though.

For now, though, after putting some more feed out for the blobs, hopefully staving off sibling cannibalism, you turn your attention to the laptop. It looks like there's nothing special required for the births, just a warning that sudden surprises, like loud noises or shocking images, can cause the canal to suddenly and violently contract.

This obviously spells nothing good for any infants that happen to be moving through it at the time.

Aside from that, though, you should only need to clean up traces afterward, so maybe put a cloth beneath them first... yeah. By this point, Tenshi and Alice have seated themself on the floor by your feet, and seem to have drifted off into slumber again. There's the occasional noise of one blob or another waking up, and eating, before going back to sleep. Well, you guess it was a late night all around.

You take a little while to do some research. Iku can generate electricity unaided, which is a pretty useful talent, and pushes them towards the upper end of the natural hazard scale. It seems to scale with size, or age, though, a standard adult-size blob wouldn't be able to effect a human even as much as a short jolt from a taser would, you'd need a much bigger one for that, judging by the numbers they're throwing up. By the time the numbers start to get worrying, though, they should in theory be simply too large to be able to find much in the way of natural shelter, and would be reduced to outrunning storm-clouds until the wind blows just a little too fast. Well, that and fighting off hungry animals, you don't doubt a bear or three would love to sink its teeth into one of them. The odds of one getting to that size or age in the wild are really slim, at best.

It does have some potential utility as an electricity generator, but without being able to maintain its bolts for more than maybe a few seconds, that's minimal at best. You would have to arrange a complicated, and expensive, apparatus to harness the electricity and store it into batteries. Sure, it would eventually pay for itself after something like twenty, maybe twenty five years of use, from the saved electricity bills... assuming it runs indefinitely with no need of repairs. That's a long time though, and doesn't help you any at all in the next sixish months.

Yeah, that's not going to work out well as a short-term investment, you think.

Moving along, though, Cirno have interesting properties of 'cold'. It looks like they're generally pretty stupid, though, to the point that some can't figure out how to eat on their own. Topping this off, they can freeze things over in a thin sheet of ice if they breathe properly at it. Or just sneeze. For Yukkuri, it looks like this is pretty inevitably fatal, if they're within a certain size-range or less of the Cirno. They just freeze straight through, and shatter. Small animals like frogs and lizards fare similarly, as do most cold-blooded things, though their habitats don't usually coincide. Some are noted to rarely live near bodies of water, but in general the few to be found are in places that are already cold, like the snowy mountaintops or convenient patch of inexplicable tundra encompassing a small patch of land towards the edges of the City's surroundings, almost right at the drop off. Not places cold blooded things like reptiles would willingly go of their own volition.

For humans, though, they aren't too dangerous, usually. As long as you break the ice off within a few minutes, the affected area should just feel numb for a while, with the occasional, very mild, case of frostbite if digits like fingers or toes are caught in the effect. Kept in a sealed room, some number of them could probably do the job of refrigeration, though this assumes you don't mind the slim chance of them figuring out that there's food in any boxes or bags also in the room, or the other end of things, where you would have to go in and hand-feed the things for being too stupid to eat. Probably not worth the time and effort, you decide, unless some happen to miraculously drop into your lap.

Next, you go to look up Ran, which-

"Whatch dis? Blegh. Nachty." A complaint sounds from the pen. Glancing up, it's the Marisa you've marked, though it doesn't seem to have yet noticed your addition. It's frowning at the plate of edible, though admittedly not particularly appetizing, cereal, and has spit out a mouthful in disgust. You're pretty sure it's not as bad as that, all the others had no trouble eating it happily. "Mawiza don' wannit. Mawiza wantch chweet-chweetsh, da-je."

It moves over to go bump at one of its slightly smaller siblings, a Reimu. The Reimu bumps back just as hard, mumbling sleepily to itself before drifting off again. The trouble-Marisa seems to decide its not worth the effort, and moves on to one of the premature siblings, bumping it just the same.

It doesn't bump back, but it does open its eyes to stare at its sibling in dull confusion.

".... widdle chishter?" It asks.

"Chut up! Mawiza ijn't weladed to chtupid, embty-head weimu wid funny wibbon. Chtupid weimu be chilent and become food for da gweat Mawiza, da-je!" It says, bumping at it again, seeming to try to get leverage, or to crawl on top of it to start jumping, or something.

".... widdle chishter?" It asks again, seeming to still be completely confused about everything that's going on. ".... Weimu hurtch." It continues, simply stating a fact and not seeming to grasp that it should be distressed at this turn of events. The rest of the pen continues sleeping, the whole thing happening too quietly to rouse them.

---

9:58 AM

[ ] What do you do?

>> No. 37938
>It moves over to go bump at one of its slightly smaller siblings, a Reimu. The Reimu bumps back just as hard, mumbling sleepily to itself before drifting off again. The trouble-Marisa seems to decide its not worth the effort, and moves on to one of the premature siblings, bumping it just the same.

Right. Even if we let it eat the premature ones, it's definitely considered eating the regular ones too.

I'd vote to just kill it, but then the mother would likely wonder why some of its children are missing. We should show it its child in the act so it knows why they are gone.

[x] Quietly wake up mother Marisa, show it trying to eat its sister.
-[x] If it doesn't care because the babies are uneasy, mention it also tried to size up one of the regular ones as prey.
-[x] Comfort the mother.
[x] Does the internet say anything on the taste of paste turning yukkuri into cannibals?
-[x] If not, the cannibal has shown that eating bean paste can cause faster/more growth. Render it into a nutritional supplement.
>> No. 37939
[x] Quietly wake up mother Marisa, show it trying to eat its sister.
-[x] If it doesn't care because the babies are uneasy, mention it also tried to size up one of the regular ones as prey.
[x] Does the internet say anything on the taste of paste turning yukkuri into cannibals and/or spoiled brats?
-[x] If not, the cannibal has shown that eating bean paste can cause faster/more growth. Render it into a nutritional supplement.
>> No. 37940
[x]Get some orange juice ready, just in case.
[x]Wake both parents, show them the cannibal trying to eat its sibling.
[x]Orange juice can fix nearly anything, right? Try having some of the deformed babies drink some orange juice.

Do we know what yukkuris are capable of breeding with, or how new types are formed? Since yukkuris are heads resembling actual people, I wonder if we might have produced some John-type yukkuri.
>> No. 37941
[x] Quietly wake up mother Marisa, show it trying to eat its sister.
-[x] If it doesn't care because the babies are uneasy, mention it also tried to size up one of the regular ones as prey.
-[x] Comfort the mother and father if necessary.
[x] Does the internet say anything on the taste of paste turning yukkuri into cannibals?
-[X] figure out if it's a decent enough time in morning to call someone. If it is call Sam and find out if it's possible to fix the retards.
-[x] If not, the cannibal has shown that eating bean paste can cause faster/more growth. Render it into a nutritional supplement.
-[X]explain to the blobs that there is to be no more breeding unless you give them permission.
-[X] when there is time check on the prisoner.

Some notes
1.Sam did give us his phone number why not use it.
2.We need to make sure the blobs don't breed out of control.
3.Don't forget about the bottled yukkuri...
4. if it still doesn't want to behave we can always use it to test weather these thing can grow in a confined space
SEE box shaped yukkuri.
>> No. 37942
[x] Quietly wake up mother Marisa, show it trying to eat its sister.
-[x] If it doesn't care because the babies are uneasy, mention it also tried to size up one of the regular ones as prey.
[x] Does the internet say anything on the taste of paste turning yukkuri into cannibals and/or spoiled brats?
-[x] If not, the cannibal has shown that eating bean paste can cause faster/more growth. Render it into a nutritional supplement.

I'm at a loss for why we'd want to keep these blobs. We've already decided on the maid cafe idea, so they're just going to be a sink of food that we continue to take pity on.
>> No. 37943
>>37942
as a back up and to supplement our income. It will take time and money to set up a maid cafe. In the meantime we can run a pet shop and or use the blobs for experiments.
>> No. 37947
[x] Quietly wake up mother Marisa, show it trying to eat its sister. Don't let the cannibal eat the others. At least for now.
-[x] If it doesn't care because the babies are uneasy, mention it also tried to size up one of the regular ones as prey.
-[x] Comfort the mother and father if necessary.
[x] Have some orange juice ready. Maybe a bit of juice can cure the stupid ones.
[x] After all is done and said, test the retarded blobs's reactions to have their fillings a bit extracted
[x] Gently wake the bodied yukkuri up so they are ready when their babies come.

>>37942
>>37943

Using their fillings to give taste to the food and make desserts when the cafe is ready is also nice.
>> No. 37948
[x] Quietly wake up mother Marisa, show it trying to eat its sister. Don't let the cannibal eat the others. At least for now.
-[x] If it doesn't care because the babies are uneasy, mention it also tried to size up one of the regular ones as prey.
-[x] Comfort the mother and father if necessary.
[x] Have some orange juice ready. Maybe a bit of juice can cure the stupid ones.

[x] Gently wake the bodied yukkuri up so they are ready when their babies come.
>> No. 37949
why does nobody seem interested in calling sam for advise
>> No. 37950
>>37949

Probably waiting for the next update/action input?
>> No. 37951
[x] Quietly wake up mother Marisa, show it trying to eat its sister.
-[x] If it doesn't care because the babies are uneasy, mention it also tried to size up one of the regular ones as prey.
[x]Orange juice can fix nearly anything, right? Try having some of the deformed babies drink some orange juice.
>> No. 37955
File 132164306829.jpg - (199.64KB , 1000x650 , pic_unrelated.jpg ) [iqdb]
37955
That's not going to work out. Still, just taking the fratricidal little cannibal and throwing it out the window and six stories to the ground while all the others are still asleep could be problematic.

Instead, you set the computer aside and rise, walking over to quietly shake Marisa awake. The troublemaker doesn't even notice, and has made it on top of its sibling to begin hopping up and down... these things don't seem particularly perceptive. Marisa senior doesn't quite get why it's being roused, either, even as you point it silently towards the display in progress.

Then, as one of the impacts from above depresses the premature infant a little further, forcing a glob of paste out of its mouth, it all seems to click, and she freaks out.

"What are you doing!?" She howls, seeming to launch immediately into motion to tackle the murderous infant off of the deficient one. "Baby was... baby is.... uwaah! Why would you do that?"

"Wad ij mommy doing?" The infant howls back, as it rolls to a stop, rousing all the others with the shrill argument. "Mawiza ij hungry! Uchelesh mommy dat can'd probide chweet-chweetsh ij uneajy!"

"Baby that squishes its sisters is uneasy!" Marisa yells right back. "Baby, Marisa's precious baby... be okay, okay? Mommy will lick-lick, so mister paste, please stay inside... If baby is hungry, mister has brought food! Food is right there!"

"Crunshy blech ij yucky. Mawiza don' wannit." The infant says stubbornly, as muttering starts up from the others. "Mawiza wantch chweet-chweetsh! Uchelesh, dumb weimu should be habby to fill de bewwy ob de Gweat Mawiza, da je! Uchelesh, dumb weimu ij no shichter ob Mawiza, ij jusd food!"

"Wicked, nasty child is no baby of Marisa's!" Marisa yells back, and as the muttering increases in scope.

"Mawiza did noding wrong! Mawiza ij hungry, and weimu ij tashty!" It argues. You decide it's about time to step in.

"And how do you know that?" You ask pointedly. "How can you be sure? You're so confident. How do you know that reimu is tasty?"

"Chut up! Chiddy owd geejer." it grumbles.

"How many children have you given birth to, Marisa?" You ask.

".... One, two... three... many. Lots! Marisa has lots of beautiful babies. And one wicked, evil child." She says darkly, still trying to coax the gurgling, premature infant back to its former state of health.

Hoo boy. Can't count past three? That'll make this a little more difficult. Not impossible, though.

"Think about last night." You urge. "You dropped a group of different-looking children off the stalk, and called me over to look at them. Do you remember how many Reimu were like that?" You ask.

A puzzled look crosses Marisa's face for a long moment, as she works it out in her head, and the infant suddenly begins to look a little more worried.

"..... Three!" She declares, looking inordinately pleased with herself for traversing the treacherous slopes of memories further than a few hours ago. "There were three!"

"Count them, those odd reimu. How many are there now?" You urge.

".... One... two...." Marisa trails off and looks uncertain, counting the two again, and then a third time. "... did Marisa remember wrong? Where is 'three'?"

"More importantly. How did little Marisa know that Reimu would taste good?" You ask again.

It doesn't click immediately, but then Marisa senior turns horrified eyes to the infant.

"It'j nod Mawiza's fault!" it yells, not even making a token attempt to deny its actions at this point, having been caught in the attempt for a repeat offense. "Mawiza waj hungry! Chitty mommy didn'd habe food ready! And Mawiza waj hungry! So Mawiza found food, da je! Mawiza did nodding wrong!"

Marisa senior lets loose an inarticulate cry of pained rage, and you reach down to pluck up the troublemaker before this goes any further.

"Baby killed baby! Baby ate baby! Baby is uneasy, baby is very uneasy!" Marisa rants. "Squish it, crush it, kill it before it hurts the rest of Marisa's precious babies!"

"Mommy ij a traidor!" it yells from your hand, seeming honestly shocked that its parent is calling for its death.

"Hush, both of you." You say, rousing Alice. "Hold this. I need to get the orange juice."

Alice yawns sleepily, but takes the infant in hand, ignoring the cries from the pen, now almost all fully inflamed and demanding punishment for the murderous infant. Even the secluded previous troublemaker seems aware that something is going on, if not the details, and its added its muffled voice to the throng. It's only a moment there and back, and then to start trickling orange juice into the partially crushed premature infant's mouth. It seems to heal pretty quickly, in a physical sense, though it seems to be just as empty-headed as before, in the mental sense. Oh well.

The infant in Alice's hands is by now sobbing and verbally ripping every single member of its family, as best it can manage, for being treacherous, backstabbing swine and turning on it. You find it kind of hard to feel sorry for the thing, though. Given its complete lack of even the attempt to feign remorse for its misdeeds, and all.

---

10:25 AM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 37956
Not a vote yet, but you know, if they can be fed to each other with no ill effects, that blender option is sounding pretty good about now. Hell, I bet the parent M-type would gladly hit the button for us given the chance.

Just saying.
>> No. 37957
Oh yes, we now have a yukkuri to milk it's fillings from without remorse.

[x] Check on the isolated Reimu. Let her out for a bit, you need that bottle for the cannibal.
[x] Tell Marisa that the evil baby will be punished. She doesn't need to know it's gonna lose it's fillings everyday, now. She also doesn't need to know this baby will be the source of every sweet-sweet they will be having from now on.
>> No. 37959
[x] Check on the isolated Reimu. See if she has changed her attitude.
-[X] If she has let her out.
=[X] If she hasn't make sure she watches what is going to happen.
[X] Take the cannibal marisa to the sink and submerge it in the water.
-[X] Ensure that the watching Reimu knows why you are doing this.

This will get teach it(if it is still stubborn) who is the one who is master, and this will also be getting rid of something which is losing us profits.

Another idea that might net some profit is starting a Tenshi pit-fighting area.
>> No. 37961
>>37960
>>37959
Disregard one of these. It's the site acting up.
>> No. 37963
[x] Check on the isolated Reimu, ask him what happened and what would he do.
-[x] If the answer is sensible (no insults to you, saying that the cannibal is uneasy or helping mommy) let him go.
[x] Put the cannibal back in his place and let the mother do as shes fit.
>> No. 37964
[x] Check on the isolated Reimu. Let her out for a bit, you need that bottle for the cannibal.
[x] Tell Marisa that the evil baby will be punished. She doesn't need to know it's gonna lose it's fillings everyday, now. She also doesn't need to know this baby will be the source of every sweet-sweet they will be having from now on.
[x] Feed shit/excreted food to them, from now on. If Reimu behaves, she's free to go back to the pen.
[x] Wake the bodied yukkuri up, it's long past time for breakfast. You will need to start a routine here.
[x] Call Sam. There are some things you could ask him about.

I don't like being cruel, but this is a great opportunity. We're planning on a maid cafe, right? So obviously, we need to have good food to sell, specially sweets. Now, a yukkuri's filling tastes the best when it's scared/traumatized, and we can't do that to our beloved Bodied Trio, or the adult blobs we will use for breeding.

We now have a chance for making sweets, which will probably be one of the stronger points of having a cafe.

Now, a few ideas for later:
Searching for yukkuri market on the net. Creating a website for advertising or even eBay could help in the future.
Hunt for rarer yukkuri (another day, of course, and when Frank is home and concious)
Cooking/sewing equipment for Alice. Includes recipes.
A few other thigns I've forgotten at the moment...

Things I'd like to ask Sam:
Hygiene, trainning, trauma effects, pregnancy and childbirth of bodied types, cannibalism, wild yukkuri habits and if the factory buys rare yukkuri types.
>> No. 37965
[x] Check on the isolated Reimu. Let her out for a bit, you need that bottle for the cannibal.
[x] Feed shit/excreted food to them, from now on. If Reimu behaves, she's free to go back to the pen.
[x] Wake the bodied yukkuri up, it's long past time for breakfast. You will need to start a routine here.
[x] Call Sam. There are some things you could ask him about.
>> No. 37966
[x] Check on the isolated Reimu. Let her out for a bit, you need that bottle for the cannibal.
[x] Tell Marisa that the evil baby will be punished. She doesn't need to know it's gonna lose it's fillings everyday, now. She also doesn't need to know this baby will be the source of every sweet-sweet they will be having from now on.
[x] Feed shit/excreted food to them, from now on. If Reimu behaves, she's free to go back to the pen.
[x] Wake the bodied yukkuri up, it's long past time for breakfast. You will need to start a routine here.
[x] Call Sam. There are some things you could ask him about.

Sounds good, but who does "them" refer to? The troublemakers, the blobs in general, or just the infants?
>> No. 37968
[x] Does the internet say anything on the taste of paste turning yukkuri into cannibals and/or spoiled brats?
-[x] If not, the cannibal has shown that eating bean paste can cause faster/more growth. Render it into a nutritional supplement.
[x] Go back and finish looking up Ran types.
[x] Wake the bodied yukkuri up, it's long past time for breakfast. You will need to start a routine here.
[x] Check on the isolated Reimu. See if she has changed her attitude.

If we keep the Marisa to farm sweets from, it'll be loud and annoying. If we make it unable to speak, it won't be able to eat. Better to just end it.
>> No. 37969
[x] Does the internet say anything on the taste of paste turning yukkuri into cannibals and/or spoiled brats?
-[x] If not, the cannibal has shown that eating bean paste can cause faster/more growth. Render it into a nutritional supplement.
[x] Go back and finish looking up Ran types.
[x] Wake the bodied yukkuri up, it's long past time for breakfast. You will need to start a routine here.
[x] Check on the isolated Reimu. See if she has changed her attitude.

So yeah, let's not be evil. And letting the yukkuri hate rays affect us so much would be lame. Even if no one in The City knows about them.
>> No. 37971
>>37969

This is not about cruelty, or hate. It's about making a profit and not having to worry about food, specially for the blob.

Think about it. They can keep eating the same past their entire lives. Give food, they shit food. Give shit/food, they shit the same shit/food. Plus they grow faster.

Infinite food/growth stimulant. It's a lot more economical and pratical than turning an entire yukkuri into food.
>> No. 37973
File 132166272542.png - (136.56KB , 720x480 , 01cea4988a4273ae160f55c54bc133dd0d9c69ca.png ) [iqdb]
37973
"It'll be punished one way or the other, just settle down. I need to check something really quick, first." You say.

Marisa seems satisfied enough with this, though a dark glower remains focused on the still-screaming child, and the others in the pen settle down as they unanimously do their best to ignore its existence. Despite its caterwauling.

You flip quickly through a few biology pages.

It looks like there's nothing special about eating yukkuri in specific. The trouble seems to be in giving them any sort of food at all, with more sugar in it than your average fruit. They can handle it as adults, it seems, but if given to them too young, then they can become, for lack of a better word, 'addicted' to the sweetness, and will refuse to eat normal food thereafter. You aren't sure how the Factory gets around this, if its normal practice is to feed unwanted yukkuri to the good ones. Maybe they mix it with a bunch of other stuff to draw out and dilute the sweetness. Or just re-process any unfortunate enough to get addicted and troublesome.

Yeesh, how vexing.

A further check, though, counters your thoughts of a rapid-growth formula. The little brat isn't bigger because it's grown any more than the others, but because it has about twice the volume of paste stuffed inside. It'll slowly deflate, according to this...

Yeah, it just confirmed that with another loud declaration of general contempt, accompanied by deliberate excretions, and a little shrinkage of size. Alice has a particularly vexed look on her face, like she wouldn't much mind squeezing just a little tighter, and silencing the loudmouth for good. In any case, though, mashing it up and feeding it back to the blobs is probably not the greatest of ideas. The thought of making, or tricking it into eating its own excretions crosses your mind, but some enterprising individual seems to have already tried that out. It'll addict them just the same as filling will, to the sweetness, but every time the filling goes through it loses a bit more and a bit more flavor, to the point where they'll reject it the same as normal food.

Well, it's not like this is your fault, though. There's no way you could have guessed that there was a second litter on the way, or that one would get hungry enough to resort to drastic measures.

You start to look up Ran-types again, but the shrill screaming of that brat is showing no signs of abatement, and is really starting to get to you. Marisa senior is looking a little impatient, too. Well, there's still ways of dealing with it, though you'd have to be careful not to clog up your drain, with some of them. The thought of just eating it yourself crosses your mind for one moment, but you're not certain. You understand that some people do eat them alive, the same as they'll take yellow baby chickens with soft bones, and crunch them up, but the thought doesn't really appeal to you. You'd have to kill it first, at least. The window out overlooks the next, shorter building, and the alley between the two of them, as well. You could just drop it out and have done, and it's not like you'd be throwing it into the middle of the road where anyone would have to look at it, either. You think there's a dumpster, or trash can, of some kind down there. Maybe you can see if you can aim it properly enough to drop right in the rest of the garbage. If not, you're sure something will come along and clean up the mess. Maybe this idea is the shrill obscenities driving tiny daggers into your temples, though. Or maybe both are.

Doesn't seem like there's much chance of rehabilitation, though. It's going to ignore your every attempt to dissuade it, and normal food, as it keeps going after a way to satisfy the craving.

You set the laptop aside and collect the infant from Alice, muffling its outrage with your hands. Ahhh. Blissful quiet.

"Go ahead and get some breakfast. Get Tenshi and Chen up, too. Long past time for you to be awake, and you need to eat, with babies on the way." You say, still looking at your hands and trying to come to a final decision. The hat is getting in the way, and leaving it a little wiggle room to try to ineffectually bite at your palm. You remove it and set it aside, and its screeches redouble for the moment it takes you to muffle them again.

---

10:35 AM

[ ] What do you do?

As a side note, this is totally my bad. There were enough votes about checking the internet in the previous thing that I should have included this segment, or something like it, in the previous post. But having to run to make it to appointments means Kahi fails at stuffs. Anyway, you are now thoroughly informed of stuff I should already have told you. Have fun with that.
>> No. 37974
Errors, god damn it...
>> No. 37975
[x] Drop it out the window.
-[x] Don't aim for the trash unless you're sure there's no chance of it cushioning its fall enough for it to live.
-[x] Let the mother Marisa watch if it wants to see justice done.
[x] Check on the isolated Reimu. See if she has changed her attitude.
[x] Go back and finish looking up Ran types.

Looks like the Marisa is useless. Just end it.
>> No. 37976
Kill it nice and quick.
>> No. 37977
[x] Kill it quickly.
-[x] Save it for later, maybe in a tubberware container.
[x] Check on the isolated Reimu. See if she has changed her attitude.

>>37975
I'm assuming you didn't read the spoilered text.
On an unrelated note, there really isn't much we can do with an addicted koyukkuri that keeps it alive and us sane. This way it's still marginally useful.
>> No. 37978
>>37977
What part of the spoilered text even relates to my vote? It's just Kahi saying he should've included something like that in the update before this one (Don't worry about it, Kahi, by the way). The only thing I can think of is the stuff about looking on the internet, and according to the update, we didn't finish looking up Rans.

Also, in regards to your vote, that seems like an okay course of action. I wouldn't mind if it won.
>> No. 37979
[x] Kill it quickly.
-[x] Save it for later, maybe in a tupperware container.
[x] Check on the isolated Reimu. See if she has changed her attitude.
[x] Go back and finish looking up Ran types.

>>37977
We were interrupted on the Ran-type page, so let's finish it up while breakfast is cooking. Assuming the bottled yukkuri doesn't want to join its sibling, we ought to be done with this research.
>> No. 37980
[x] Kill it quickly.
-[x] Save it for later, maybe in a tupperware container.
[x] Check on the isolated Reimu. See if she has changed her attitude.
[x] Go back and finish looking up Ran types.

Let's just get it over with.
>> No. 37981
Why not let the disobedient Reimu & others see too? Let it serve as a lesson that bad yukkuri get punished.
>> No. 37982
File 132166870648.png - (29.46KB , 1177x551 , TupperwareItEasy.png ) [iqdb]
37982
>>37977
Hey, your vote gave me the idea for this drawing of questionable quality. I hope you like it.
>> No. 37984
>>37981
They were chanting for its blood paste earlier. They know bad yukkuri get punished.
>> No. 37985
[x] Cook the damned thing. Make a cake with it or some other dessert. You will be making this habitually in the future anyway, might as well as learn how to cook.

Let's not waste precious ingredients, ok?
>> No. 37986
[x] Kill it quickly.
-[x] Make sure to explain to the others why you are doing this
--[X] If possible have Alice incorporate the body into a breakfeast dish.
[x] Check on the isolated Reimu. See if she has changed her attitude.

Trauma worked once, and it will work again.
>> No. 37987
[x] Cook the damned thing. Make a cake with it or some other dessert. You will be making this habitually in the future anyway, might as well as learn how to cook.
>> No. 37990
[X] Execute the cannibal visibly and at least moderately painfully, after a stirring speech about the evil little thing's treachery. The blobs are howling for justice; let's provide.
-[X] Cook the remains. Make a small open-topped pastry with it, or some other dessert. You will be making this constantly in the future anyway, so you might as well learn how to do it right.
>> No. 37991
>>37990
>Execute the cannibal visibly and at least moderately painfully, after a stirring speech about the evil little thing's treachery.

This just seems pointlessly cruel. If a dog bites somebody, you don't beat it to death with rocks, you take it out behind the woodshed and shoot it. Plus, if we beat being good into the yukkuri's heads too much, there's a risk of an atmosphere of fear developing, and I'd rather not have us calming down a yukkuri that's accidentally knocked down a vase or whatever and now thinks it's going to die because it's bad.

As for all the people voting to cook it, we don't have any recipes.

[x] Tupperware it easy.
[x] Check on the isolated Reimu. See if she has changed her attitude.
[x] Go back and finish looking up Ran types.
>> No. 37992
[X] Execute the cannibal visibly and at least moderately painfully, after a stirring speech about the evil little thing's treachery. The blobs are howling for justice; let's provide.
-[X] Cook the remains. Make a small open-topped pastry with it, or some other dessert. You will be making this constantly in the future anyway, so you might as well learn how to do it right.

I like this one.
>> No. 37993
>>37992
>I like this one.

Why do you like this one? Apart from the bit about cooking it, which a number of votes suggest anyway, what benefit does killing it painfully give us?
>> No. 37995
>>37993

Let me take a guess: He likes that write-in because it has cruelty, killing, and cooking.
>> No. 37996
[x] Kill it quickly.
-[x] Save it for later, maybe in a tupperware container.
[x] Check on the isolated Reimu. See if she has changed her attitude.
[x] Go back and finish looking up Ran types.
>> No. 37997
>>37995

Nah. I like it because, in my opinion, it would make for a more interesting update. The other vote is fine, but at the same time seems kind of boring.

Concerning your other point; i'm not entirely sure publicly executing a cannibalistic murderer in a moderately painful way would constitute cruelty. It would be kind of like executing murderers via electric chair; mildly barbaric perhaps, but not cruelty.
>> No. 37998
>>37997
A cannibalistic murderer explicitly designed by a Demon Queen (in her capacity as the head of The Factory) to have cannibalistic murderer tendencies. Do you want to bow to her will? It'd be like blaming someone for what they do after Lelouch gaesses them.
>> No. 38001
>>37998
>A cannibalistic murderer explicitly designed by a Demon Queen (in her capacity as the head of The Factory) to have cannibalistic murderer tendencies.

Citation needed.

You forget we picked Maria and Reimu from the streets. Besides, it's never been stated that Yukari and the Factory created the yukkuri, and while they do reproduce and train them, what makes you think they designed their reproduced yukkuri to become cannibals? Specially after the other blobs shunned the cannibal?
>> No. 38002
File 13217381428.png - (66.96KB , 640x480 , 3d5bb19e4e99d3f68daa338dd9e9dac204ec0250.png ) [iqdb]
38002
You could cut it up with kitchen knives. That seems a little slow, though. And you'd have to listen to its screaming until you cut through it enough that it died. You have no idea how long that will take. You have the microwave, but that's a cruelly slow and painful death, too. Pot-cooker, same, and it needs to be emptied and washed before you use it again. Aside from that, you guess you could throw it at a wall, but then that would have to be wiped away, and there's no surety that it would completely splatter the thing to death right away, at just that distance.

No, you just squeeze harder, instead, closing your hand into a tight fist.

It bulges and swells out of your hand, like you were squeezing a balloon, and a short spray of paste is excreted from both ends, all over your hand. Then the bulging bit pops open, and there's another eruption of dark goo.

Messy. Very messy. But on the plus side, it was quick. Just barely the time it took to squeeze, and the problem was converted to a handful of mess.

... You had some ideas about cooking it. But to be perfectly honest, there's barely a mouthful spread across your hand, and dripped on the floor. The infant wasn't exactly large. With the fact that you know full well that some of the paste was what it excreted and spat up from the sudden compression... yeah, it doesn't seem that appetizing. You might do something with it later, though, so you scrape what you can off of your hands and into a bowl, which gets put into the fridge. You're not really a star chef, though, and all you have to work with is the microwave and that pot. Well, it doesn't really matter. You spend a few minutes scrubbing traces of gunk from your hands, though, as Alice looks to have already seen to the floor.

Clean again, you take a look at the Reimu in the jar. Seems like it's squeezed some paste out over the night, and it's now occupying the exact opposite side of the jar, seeming terribly unhappy about things.

"Have you learned your lesson, yet?" You ask.

"Dwop dead, mischer slabe." It answers, though there's a note of tiredness in its voice. And hunger.

"I see you haven't, rude little thing." You say wryly. "Well, you can stay there, then, for a while longer. Maybe that'll fix you up."

It groans as you drape the towel back over its jar, but you ignore the grumblings as you head back to the laptop. Franks slept through all of this, it looks like. Well, no need to disturb him.

Ran types... ah, here you are.

Looks like they like Chen even more than Chen like them. Where Chen will settle for other yukkuri, if Ran or Youmu aren't available to mate with, Ran will almost always refuse anything but a Chen. You guess that explains their comparative extreme rarity. There are notes that, sometimes, they become obsessed with Chen to the point that they're similar to wild rapist Alices, only more focused, to the point where they'll target and rape to death even their own parents and children.

... Aside from that, all you're getting is that they seem to like deep-fried tofu, and that they're similar to foxes in the same way Chen are similar to cats. Not much information to be had. Oh well.

Alice, Tenshi, and Chen have eaten and gathered around your feet to drift off to sleep again. Doesn't seem that there's much to do now except wait patiently for the babies to come. You can't really go out and leave this to Frank, either, since there's no way of telling when he'll wake up.

... Looks like the day will pass slowly.

---

11:22 AM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 38005
[x] Talk to the trio. Do they fill how the babies are and how long will it take to childbirth?
[x] Other than that, trivial things to talk about. Like, hygiene. How do they keep themselves clean and good smelling if they dissolve with water?
[x] Call Sam, if there is time. So much to talk about, and there are babies coming, he should have some experience with that.
>> No. 38006
[z] Talk to the trio. Do they fill how the babies are and how long will it take to childbirth?
[z] Other than that, trivial things to talk about. Like, hygiene. How do they keep themselves clean and good smelling if they dissolve with water?
[z] Call Sam, if there is time. So much to talk about, and there are babies coming, he should have some experience with that.

I can get behind this. And I have a bad feeling the rude Reimu won't be wising up.
>> No. 38007
[x] Talk to the trio. Do they feel how the babies are now, and how long it will take till childbirth?
[x] Other than that, talk about trivial things, such as hygiene. How do they keep themselves clean and good smelling if they dissolve in water?
[x] Call Sam if there is time. So much to talk about, and there are babies coming. He should have some experience with that.
>> No. 38008
[x] Talk to the trio. Do they fill how the babies are and how long will it take to childbirth?
[x] Other than that, trivial things to talk about. Like, hygiene. How do they keep themselves clean and good smelling if they dissolve with water?
[x] Call Sam, if there is time. So much to talk about, and there are babies coming, he should have some experience with that.

This seems good, wonder if we'll get any Shanghais?
>> No. 38009
>>38008

You at least could have used the vote without the typing errors.
>> No. 38010
[z] Talk to the trio. Do they fill how the babies are and how long will it take to childbirth?
[z] Other than that, trivial things to talk about. Like, hygiene. How do they keep themselves clean and good smelling if they dissolve with water?
[z] Call Sam, if there is time. So much to talk about, and there are babies coming, he should have some experience with that.

>>38001
Just about all of the yukkuri-related stuff that goes into where the hell they come from claims they are from The Factory.
All the yukkuri seem to be based on the stuff in the wiki.
Therefore it can be reasonably assumed that they come from The Factory in this Quest.
As the Demon Queen is in charge of the Factory, as well as The City and environs we must assume that she decides what traits make it into circulation.

Can't see what humans do if you put them in a this sort of situation without doing it on purpose.
>> No. 38013
[x] Talk to the trio. Do they feel how the babies are now, and how long it will take till childbirth?
[x] Find out how they keep themselves clean and good smelling if they dissolve in water.
[x] Remove the poop from the jar. Don't want another one getting addicted, and there's no point if it apologizes just to get away from its poop.
[x] Begin planning cafe stuff.
>> No. 38014
File 132175937269.jpg - (68.99KB , 384x408 , 548d9f2ca0a98435c55181a6c805fcdd0fefe46c.jpg ) [iqdb]
38014
"Hey. Hey, wake up." You urge, nudging them with your feet until they stir. "You three doing okay?"

"Tired." Chen yawns.

"Yeah, I gathered that much." You admit. "Looks like your babies will be coming any time now, though. ... Can you tell if they're doing okay, or anything? Maybe some hint about when they'll be ready?"

"Babies will come out of Tenshi later." Tenshi says, and Chen nods in sleepy agreement.

Alice, however, looks thoughtful.

"... Babies are moving, inside." She says, after a minute. "Will come soon."

"That's good." You say. Alice first then, and the other two some time after that... you guess. Assuming that they know what they're talking about, anyway. They probably do.

"So... there's something else I was wondering. How do you clean yourselves, if you dissolve in water?" You wonder aloud.

"Water... isn't bad right away." Tenshi answers after a moment of thought, even as Chen scoffs. "Can splash on, a little, and wipe off. In little bits, fine. Okay for rinsing off dirt. Or smells. Problems come only when too much water is used."

"So the answer would be... 'really carefully', I guess?" You say.

"Licking also cleans." Chen points out.

"But licking means tasting everything wiped off." Tenshi points out right back.

You sigh and shake your head. Well, that ate a little time, at least, though it could have been more. You could call Sam, though. He might have advice for this. He probably has some experience at birthing yukkuri.

.... Well, or maybe not, since they're apparently all born on a conveyor belt or something, but it's still a plan. The phone's right in your pocket, where you stick it every morning. ... The little card with his number on it isn't.

You stand up, slowly, and shift out of the tangle around your feet, noticing that Alice seems to have drifted off again, and the others are about ready to do the same. Where did you leave that card... you know you put it in your pocket. These aren't the same pants, though. The card will probably be in the pocket of the pants you wore that day. You just have to find those.

... Damn it, where did you take them off, again? Not on the floor where you might have dropped them, you didn't stick them in a drawer. Closet?... Nope, not there. Well, there's not too many other places they could be, leaving aside stupid things like 'the kitchen', so...

Ah, there they are. Bathroom. You don't know why you left those pants on the bathroom counter, along with your shirt, but that's where they are. Pockets completely empty of cards and phone numbers.

Well, that's just... no, you remember, now. You took it out of your pocket, and did something with it. You can't recall what, but it was a thing that made sense to do at the time. It shouldn't be too hard to find.

You spend some minutes rummaging through drawers, both in the bathroom and bedroom, before glancing down beneath the bed to see if you left it on top of something and it fell down there. No such luck. it's not on, or beneath, the living room table either. Nor is it on the table by the apartment exit, or in the drawer, or beneath it.

Gah. How much trouble can one little slip of paper be to find? Whatever you did with it was stupid, and you've spent over an hour now looking for it, and.... there it is. Held to the fridge with a magnet. Yeah, because that makes sense, and is a reasonable place to look for phone numbers. You only even came in here to get a drink of water and make a sandwich before looking again. But okay.

You make the sandwich anyway, since it looks like between everyone the pot has been scraped clean. Sam can wait until you've eaten.

... You have time to finish half of it before something starts tugging at your pants-leg, and you look down to meet Alice's wide eyes.

"... It's time." She says, looking confused and distressed, clutching at her belly with the other hand.

The clock reads 12:53. You swallow what's left in your mouth, and leave the rest of the sandwich on the counter, forgotten.

"Okay, so, uh... just... breath?" You offer feebly, before shaking your head. "Um... go ahead and lie down, and I'll... look, let's put you on the bed, and I'll set a towel out, for this."

You move quickly, setting her down, but by the time you're back with the towel, she's already started breathing heavily and spasming. You set the towel out and move her onto it, then spend a moment feeling awkward as Alice grits her teeth and trembles.

"I... look, I don't know what I'm doing here." You admit. "Just... be careful, and if something goes wrong, I'll run for orange juice, or..."

You're babbling. You realize this, and shut up. Then after a long moment of indecision, you sit up on the bed and gently move her head into your lap, and start stroking her hair. It seems to calm her, though it doesn't do much to relieve the pain, as far as you can tell.

"You always hear doctors telling the mother to 'push', but I don't know if that works the same... uh. Damn it, all I need is for Frank to wake up and see me worrying like this, he'd get a kick out of it..." You ramble. "Look, you're doing fine, okay? Just keep at it, let's move that skirt... Yeah, uh, something's definitely poking out. Just keep... doing whatever you're doing."

"Hurts." Alice groans softly, as the baby squeezes the rest of the way out.

It's bodied, though it would fit in your hand without trouble. A tiny little thing. It also has gossamer-thin wings, and after a moment it floats up into the air without trouble.

"Shanghai~" It says, cheerily, smiling at everything around it.

.... No way. Even with all conditions perfectly ideal, which these aren't, the odds of one of those being born are less than one in twenty. In this case... no, even one in a hundred would be too generous an estimate. Maybe one in two or three hundred, you guess. But whatever the odds were, they were super-long.

It floats over to try to hug your ear, and then to nestle in your hair, as you murmur encouraging things to Alice and think.

You could sell it, of course. They're rare, after all, and so there's doubtless somebody out there who would buy it. Or you could keep it. It's rare, and you're starting a cafe... you bet that there would be at least a few people that would come by as regular customers just for the draw of being able to see the rare type. Maybe enough for keeping it to be the better business plan. You didn't even bother to look up how much they might be worth, with them being so rare.

To be honest, you're still pretty stunned that one was born at all. Nobody's going to believe it was from a crop sired by Tenshi, though. Not when you have a Marisa in the apartment too, they'll just assume that it was the two of them. It doesn't really matter, though.

... Ah, it looks like Alice is done. Besides the Shanghai crooning in your hair, that's... a single infant Alice, with a body, and six little Tenshi, equally split between blobs and bodies.

Some are rubbing affectionately at their mother, and while she's panting from exhaustion, she takes a moment to stroke them back. A couple, one of the blobs and the infant Alice, are rubbing with equal affection against your leg.

"Dwaddie!" The blob decides aloud.

.... No. You probably shouldn't let that thought linger in its head.

"No, I'm not." You reply. "Tenshi is your daddy..."

"Tenchi ij...?" The blob says, in confusion. "Tenchi ijn't hewe. Dwaddiej chould be dere when babiej ij bworn." It says, somberly. "Dwaddie ij hewe, and dwaddie!"

The little Alice is nodding in agreement with the logic. Hoo boy.

---

1:10 PM

+1 Shanghai, infant, bodied.
+1 Alice, infant, bodied.
+3 Tenshi, infant, blob.
+3 Tenshi, infant, bodied.


[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 38016
[x] Reaffirm that you're not the father.
[x] Make sure Alice is comfortable, then go get Tenshi and some food for the babies.
[x] Keep the Shanghai; it will probably prove the most valuable attraction in the cafe.

A Shanghai? And not just a blob, but a bodied one? There's no way we'll win the random giveaway in a few days; we've already used up our monthly alotment of luck. Already visualizing Shanghai in a maid outfit.
>> No. 38018
[X]Give Alice a congratulatory pat on the head.
[X]Take the kids to meet their actual daddy. Maybe they'll pick up on the fact they look like her, not you or Alice.
[X]Shanghai stays. That heartbreakingly slim chance won't just happen again.
[X]Consider breeding the blob-Tenshis once they're of age... whatever the age is for heads made of pastry.
>> No. 38019
Nice. So we got a super rare Shanghai. We'll have to take good care of her. Can Shanghai have children regularly? If so, we should probably try to breed some more, once she's grown up.
>> No. 38020
Hold on a second! Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first instance of Anon having kids? And they're yukkuri!?
Anon, you never cease to amaze me.

[x] Quickly get Tenshi, and let the mother and father explain the correct family relations.
-[x] Stay out of sight for a bit, to help them imprint on the Tenshi.
-[x] If they need a reason for the father's absence, it was out making sure there were no uneasy things around for its children.
[x] Introduce yourself. You are John, although they can call you mister if they prefer. This is your house. Don't make waves, and you'll get along fine.
-[x] Repeat this greeting to the other litters, making sure that the father is here this time.
[x] Have the bodied adults teach the young the factory stuff Sam said they would pass on.
[x] The Shanghai is now your cafe mascot.
>> No. 38021
[x] Quickly get Tenshi, and let the mother and father explain the correct family relations.
-[x] Stay out of sight for a bit, to help them imprint on the Tenshi.
-[x] If they need a reason for the father's absence, it was out making sure there were no uneasy things around for its children.
[x] Introduce yourself. You are John, although they can call you mister if they prefer. This is your house. Don't make waves, and you'll get along fine.
-[x] Repeat this greeting to the other litters, making sure that the father is here this time.
[x] Have the bodied adults teach the young the factory stuff Sam said they would pass on.
[x] The Shanghai is now your cafe mascot.
[x] Make a leash for the Shanghai out of a shoelace, or some string if you have some lying around. A flying yukkuri not contained is soon an unhappy yukkuri.
-[x]If you think it'll choke itself, put it in a spacious box or simply make sure there is nowhere it can fly into and get itself hurt.

Very interesting. Should get a collar for that Shanghai. But man, we were given this chance, and we're damn well going to run with it.
>> No. 38024
[x] Reaffirm that you're not the father.
[x] Quickly get Tenshi, and let the mother and father explain the correct family relations.
-[x] Stay out of sight for a bit, to help them imprint on the Tenshi.
-[x] If they need a reason for the father's absence, it was out making sure there were no uneasy things around for its children.
[x] Introduce yourself. You are John, although they can call you mister if they prefer. This is your house. Don't make trouble, and you'll get along fine.
-[x] Repeat this greeting to the other litters, making sure that the father is here this time.
[x] Have the bodied adults teach the young the factory stuff Sam said they would pass on.

Regarding the Shanghai:
[x] Keep it. If there's a need to sell it for cash, it can be done much later.
[x] Might wanna look up how to breed Shanghai's if you have one to start with.

Wow, what freakishly weird dice roll did we pass to end up with the Shanghai?

Anyway, the Tenshi could be trouble if they lack training. Might wanna ask Sam for advice on how to handle them, if what the parents can do isn't enough.
>> No. 38025
>>38018
The age is ten days to adulthood.
>>38021
Shanghais do what they're told, right? Can't we just tell it to stay in this room, in the open?
>> No. 38026
[X]Give Alice a congratulatory pat on the head.
[X]Take the kids to meet their actual daddy. Maybe they'll pick up on the fact they look like her, not you or Alice.
[X]Shanghai stays. That heartbreakingly slim chance won't just happen again.
[X]Consider breeding the blob-Tenshis once they're of age.

I would laugh if we actually were the dad, since you know, we fucked a blob of paste.
>> No. 38027
>>38020
There's also the black hole youkai one MC adopted, and the unofficial end of the speaker to flowers thread.

[x] Quickly get Tenshi, and let the mother and father explain the correct family relations.
-[x] Stay out of sight for a bit, to help them imprint on the Tenshi.
-[x] If they need a reason for the father's absence, it was out making sure there were no uneasy things around for its children.
[x] Introduce yourself. You are John, although they can call you mister if they prefer. This is your house. Don't make waves, and you'll get along fine.
-[x] Repeat this greeting to the other litters, making sure that the father is here this time.
[x] Have the bodied adults teach the young the factory stuff Sam said they would pass on.
[x] The Shanghai is now your cafe mascot.

Also, I wonder if Alice's being extra happy possibly improving the Shanghai chances.
>> No. 38028
>>38019
Nope, though a bodied shanghai is unheard of at the same time so who knows. Shanghais are so rare because the only way to get them is traditionally with a non-rapist Alice and a Marisa and even then there's a low chance. And it's just a tiny blob type.

Bodied Shanghai's rarity may indeed surpass those of the PC-98 yukkuris.

But yeah they're very obedient of its owner and parents. And we have to take good care of it lest it becomes a hourai (which are made when a Shanghai is put under great stress, and when that happens, whatever is causing the stress gets doll-sparked)

Yeah they can shoot pretty strong beams once a day (for Shanghais, for Hourais, more than once a day)

[x] Reaffirm that you're not the father.
[x] Quickly get Tenshi, and let the mother and father explain the correct family relations.
-[x] Stay out of sight for a bit, to help them imprint on the Tenshi.
-[x] If they need a reason for the father's absence, it was out making sure there were no uneasy things around for its children.
[x] Introduce yourself. You are John, although they can call you mister if they prefer. This is your house. Don't make trouble, and you'll get along fine.
-[x] Repeat this greeting to the other litters, making sure that the father is here this time.
[x] Have the bodied adults teach the young the factory stuff Sam said they would pass on.
[x] consider breeding the blob tenshis at a later date.
>> No. 38029
>>38028 Here

add "[x] The Shanghai is now your cafe mascot." to my vote.

I think we should definitely keep the original 3 bodied ones, Alice more so for her skills and chance of more shanghais.
>> No. 38030
Oh snap we have a Shanghai in our hair... Now if only we can figure out how to make it Hourai (assuming it even exists in this universe)

Damn it these things calling us daddy is just to adorable. I hate to crush their delusion but it is necessary. Watch them decide that we are simply daddy two or something like that instead.

oh dear error messages
>> No. 38031
x] Quickly get Tenshi, and let the mother and father explain the correct family relations.
-[x] Stay out of sight for a bit, to help them imprint on the Tenshi.
-[x] If they need a reason for the father's absence, it was out making sure there were no uneasy things around for its children.
[x] Introduce yourself. You are John, although they can call you mister if they prefer. This is your house. Don't make waves, and you'll get along fine.
-[x] Repeat this greeting to the other litters, making sure that the father is here this time.
[x] Have the bodied adults teach the young the factory stuff Sam said they would pass on.
[x] The Shanghai is now your cafe mascot.

...I think we found a way for Shanghais to be born and no, Tenshi had nothing to do with it.
>> No. 38032
>>38030
That's not advisable as that'd involve stressing out the shanghai alot and odds are John's going to get maimed/killed by the Hourai when she turns. Shanghais are cheerier anyways, so they'd be better for the cafe.

>>38031
Let's not assume anything yet.
>> No. 38034
[x] Quickly get Tenshi, and let the mother and father explain the correct family relations.
-[x] Stay out of sight for a bit, to help them imprint on the Tenshi.
-[x] If they need a reason for the father's absence, it was out making sure there were no uneasy things around for its children.
[x] Introduce yourself. You are John, although they can call you mister if they prefer. This is your house. Don't make waves, and you'll get along fine.
-[x] Repeat this greeting to the other litters, making sure that the father is here this time.
[x] Have the bodied adults teach the young the factory stuff Sam said they would pass on.
[x] The Shanghai is now your cafe mascot.

While I called this happening I honestly didn't expect to be THIS lucky.
>> No. 38035
I think it would be better if Shangai thought John is the father. This way she will be with him all the time and obey him.

And in the case of her turning into Hourai, she won't hurt him if she thinks he is the daddy. Remember, Hourai are very protective of their families, and are aggressive to anyone else.
>> No. 38038
>>38035
Shanghai sometimes turn into Hourai when they are in danger. This is not a situation we want our rare mascot to be in.

Hourai apparently use rather extreme power to neutralize the source of the danger. This is not a situation we want JOHN to be in.

Hourai are grumpier than Shanghai and don't smile. This is not an attitude we want our mascot to have.

Trying to turn the Shanghai into a Hourai gets us a worse mascot, could simply kill the yukkuri, and risks us becoming seriously injured. It's not a good idea.
>> No. 38042
>>38038

What the fuck are you talking about? I never said to deliberately turn her into Hourai, I just considered the possibility of her becoming one. Face it, we can't control the world, and shit can happen anywhere and anytime. Specially in a public space, with unkown people coming in and out, and our mascot is an obedient yukkuri who obeys commands from almost anyone.

>Yukkuri Shanghais are very easily manipulated, following all instructions given to the letter, no matter who is telling them what to do: They can even be tricked into attacking their own parents by simply telling them to "Shoot those Yukkuri." In addition, this could be very dangerous, since they take instructions like "Hold this for a second." quite literally.

It's better to have her around John at all times. She will be safer with him, won't face uneeded stress nor will other be able to manipulate her.
>> No. 38043
>>38035

And here is my vote. Stupid power outage didn't let dear electricity reach my beloved computer.

[x] Quickly get Tenshi, and let the mother and father explain the correct family relations.
-[x] Shangai can stay with you. It's ok for this one to think you're the father.
-[x] Stay out of sight for a bit, to help them imprint on the Tenshi.
-[x] If they need a reason for the father's absence, it was out making sure there were no uneasy things around for its children.
[x] Introduce yourself. You are John, although they can call you master if they prefer. This is your house. Don't make waves, and you'll get along fine.
-[x] Repeat this greeting to the other litters, making sure that the father is here this time.
[x] Have the bodied adults teach the young the factory stuff Sam said they would pass on.

Just changed the parent thing regarding Shangai.
>> No. 38044
>Can Shanghai have children regularly? If so, we should probably try to breed some more, once she's grown up.

By the way, Shangai can't reproduce. They can only be born as Alice's babies, which makes perfect sense, if you think about it.

So yeah, we've got ourselves one of the rarest yukkuri ever. A bodied Shangai.
>> No. 38045
>>38042
My apologies, I misunderstood you then.

Yeah, it would probably be a good idea to keep it close to us or Frank when we're out in public. However, it should be okay to let it hang with its family, since they can tell it not to do stupid stuff, and they'll make noise if somebody breaks in and tries to tell stuff to the shanghai.

In short, I believe we can still address your concerns without complicating things by making one sibling think it has different parents than the rest. In my opinion, a trusted role as 'Mister, the owner of the house and giver of the food' should work just as well.

Also, we don't know for sure whether that bit actually applies to Shanghais. I'd say there's a decent chance they won't just listen to anybody who walks up and gives it orders.
>> No. 38047
>>38045
>I'd say there's a decent chance they won't just listen to anybody who walks up and gives it orders.

Don't get your hopes too high.
>> No. 38048
>>38047

If I may jump in here. There is a slight chance for it to be less gullible then normal shanghai as it is a bodied type. Bodied yukkuri are generally more intelligent then blobs... Not by to much though so lets not get our hopes up.

Of course after thinking about it more. I also think it could just be able to understand more complicated orders now, but still be just a gullible...

Also I doubt this will work but.
[X]tell the Shanghai to only listen to orders you give it for now.
>> No. 38049
>>38048
That's probably worth a try, although telling it only to listen to us might backfire if we're out and Frank has to tell it to escape from a fire or something.

Likely better to tell it not to listen to people it doesn't know, although we should test whether that works or not with Frank before we introduce him.

[x] Educate the Shanghai on stranger danger. Don't make it untrusting of strangers, since it's going to be your mascot, but make sure it knows not to leave with them if they tell it to and so forth.
>> No. 38051
File 13218372964.jpg - (139.76KB , 400x600 , 1b84a1bf0ee5da75999a0255ab8240cf4c76ef72.jpg ) [iqdb]
38051
"Just a... hold on. Tenshi!" You say, carefully brushing the infants away and ignoring their complaints as you leave the room. Tenshi stirs slightly at the call, then starts as you bodily move her over to the bed.

"Is Master going to... oh." She says, looking mildly disappointed for just a moment as she notes the infants scattered all over the area.

"This is your daddy." You explain, carefully. "Not me. Not John. Tenshi."

"... Tenchi ij pwegnant." the smaller Alice points out, dubiously.

"I'll leave you all here to work that out on your own." You say, bowing out of the conversation as gracefully as possible, and retreating.

"... Dwaddie'j not s'posh'd to be pwegnant." The little Tenshi-blob sulks.

"Sooorry~" Tenshi replies. "But Tenshi is your daddy, and not Master. Too bad~ But Tenshi is pregnant. This means you have lots of little sisters on the way!"

... Those two don't seem to buy it. The rest have happily accepted Tenshi as the father, though, and seem eager at the thought of younger siblings, even if it's only by a bit.

You go ahead and get some cereal ready, though you wait a few more minutes before bringing it in. That one tenshi and the alice turn starry, appreciative eyes up at you, though the rest just seem to label you as 'food-bringer' at this point.

That Shanghai is still in your hair. You very carefully pull it loose and show it the food.

"Eat, then play with your sisters for a while, all right?" You say. It seems unhappy to be leaving your head, but it's hungry enough, as it happens. Yeah, that worked out fine. You'll probably even be able to convince those last two of the lack of relation between you, given time.

It doesn't look like Tenshi or Chen are ready to drop their own litters, just yet. Well, that'll happen some time today. Doesn't seem like there's too much to do to fill the time, though, with Frank still asleep and unresponsive.

---

1:30 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 38052
ring ring ring ring sam phone do do do do
>> No. 38053
[x]Do some research on Shanghai behavioral patterns, ect.
[x]Might also want to call Sam.
>> No. 38056
[x]Do some research on Shanghai behavioral patterns, ect.
[x]Might also want to call Sam.

I'm pretty sure the MC needs to learn more about Shanghai before he finds out they do precisely what you ask the hard way. Also, it looks like he's not entirely getting out of being daddy.
>> No. 38057
Dunno how you feel about it guys, but I'm not sure I want someone working at the Factory know we got something seriously rare. We might want to be careful with what we say to Sam if we end up talking to him again.
>> No. 38059
[x] Tell the blob Tenshi:
-[x]"You look either like your mother or your father, right? But you don't look like your mother, and you don't look like me. You look like Tenshi, so Tenshi has to be your father."
[x] Look up Shanghai on the internet.
[x] If that isn't informative on its obedience, do some experiments.
-[x] Call it over for a bit when it's doing something fun. Does the command require repeating, or does the Shanghai hesitate, show reluctance, or even refuse?
-[x] Does it seems to prefer commands it can see the point of, such as "Eat up so you can become strong" versus "Fly up and down for three seconds"?
-[x] After letting it go back to playing, duck out of sight, wrap yourself in a blanket to hide your clothing, hold a hat over your face, and speak more gruffly. Does a stranger giving the orders change anything?
[x] Educate the Shanghai on stranger danger. Don't make it untrusting of strangers, since it's going to be your mascot, but make sure it knows not to leave with them if they tell it to and so forth.
-[x] Test this with Frank once he wakes up.

In my opinion, our time is best spent learning about the Shanghai. The alice will come around eventually.
>> No. 38061
[x]Do some research on Shanghai behavioral patterns, etc.
[x]Might also want to call Sam.

These infants are ridiculously adorable. And the Shanghai even more so.

We need to be hitting Sam up for ways to teach the yukkuri new things.

>>38057
You're being paranoid. If the Factory wanted to produce Shanghais they would.
>> No. 38062
[x] Call Sam. There are things to be talked about. No, not about Shangai, let's keep it a secret for now.
[x] Look up Shangai on the internet.
[x] See how the blobs are doing before going back to the newborns.
>> No. 38063
[x] Call Sam. There are things to be talked about. No, not about Shangai, let's keep it a secret for now.
[x] Look up Shangai on the internet.
[x] See how the blobs are doing before going back to the newborns.
[x] Try to keep an eye on shanghai in case something happens when possible.
>> No. 38066
If Yukari's updating thing is keeping track of our stock, then however we're referred to there is going to mention the fact that we've got a Shanghai.

Better have Frank watch who he talks to about the names going on, or figure out a cover name or something. Else someone is going to sneak right in and try to steal her.
>> No. 38068
>>38066
I'm pretty sure she wants things fair and square: Besides we arent allowed to sell rares iirc, so whats the point in stealing one?
>> No. 38070
>>38068
The factory isn't allowed to sell rares to prevent those with large amounts of starting money from having an unfair advantage; see >>37590. Kind of nice of Yukari, actually.
>Sam says: "Have orders from higher up, the rare'ns aren't t'be sold t' nobody at the moment. Orders from above th' Factory Manager, even."

We, on the other hand, could sell it if we wanted, but really, it's a bodied Shanghai. That alone is almost and advertising campaign in and of itself once we get set up.
>> No. 38071
>>38070
But we're not going to sell her as she's going to be the mascot of the cafe. That and who could bring themselves to tear away such a cute yukkuri away from her favorite human.
>> No. 38072
>>38066
All it's been shown to track is profit/expense.
>> No. 38074
At this point, we may soon want to think about security. Competition COULD get some poor guys to rush in, kill some yukkuris and rush out. Or maybe yukkuri-haters will see rare ones as a high-profile target.

Because of such, outdoor cafe is out of question. Not that yukkuri service would be possible if it rained.
>> No. 38075
>>38074
That's exactly why we should do an outdoor cafe, with umbrellas. Nobody else will do it! We'll have zero competitors.
>> No. 38076
There's also the Yukkuri Liberation Front to consider, though the PETA-rejects may well fall under Yukuri haters as well.

Should also get some "No Remirya" signs to head off any... unfortunate situations.
>> No. 38077
I wonder how good Youmu yukkuri are with bladed weaponry. Because if they are as good as the original, than bean paste body or not they would make some good guards.
>> No. 38078
File 132191349692.jpg - (113.99KB , 441x555 , 8ed84ce519b6e48c9ef898054b9e8d1492c9508c.jpg ) [iqdb]
38078
For the moment, it's back to the laptop, as Chen curls up around your feet. You've been spending a lot more time on the internet, lately. Well, that's just how it's gone.

Shanghai can fly. Yeah, that much you had figured out on your own, congratulations internet.

They can also fire what's apparently a pretty powerful laser. And they're obedient, to the point of following commands immediately, and literally. You can imagine any number of ways that combination could end the opposite of well, starting off with the potential frustrated exclamation of 'just shoot me', or anything along those lines.

You pass over the link to a video of what, from the gloating summary, is some rich person ordering a Shanghai to laser its parents, and the aftermath. You're sure he found it absolutely hilarious, but it's just not the sort of thing to spark your interest.

Doesn't seem that they'll ever say anything other than their name. And that's about it, all the information the internet is willing to hand over. Well, there is one smaller note.

'Under certain stimuli, may 'evolve' into Hourai. Avoid this if possible. If not, retreat at full speed.'

.... That's ever so helpful. Thank you very much, internet, for not in any way mentioning what these nebulous stimuli might be. Well, it's not as though you can't push an educated guess.

Still, with all the information available collected, there's no reason to hold off on getting in touch with Sam. And conveniently, you've remembered to put the number in your pocket, alongside your phone, this time, so you won't even have to get up.

The phone rings a few times before Sam's old voice answers.

"An' what can I be doin' for ye, whoever this might be?"

"It's John." You say, naming yourself, and giving the old man a moment to place the name.

"... Aye, I recall ye. Everythin's settled well for ye, then? No trouble wi' the lasses, I hope?"

"That... well. Not as such. Trouble, anyway. You could have warned me about the possibility of... night-time surprises, though."

"Oh, aye? That do be an odd complaint. Old Sam could have sworn ye were a virgin, when laid eyes 'pon ye. Vexed look 'bout your brow, haltin' sense o' uncertainty, def'nite awkwardness. Aye, I'd have laid money to it."

"That... I don't see how that's relevant." You say, unwilling to admit that the man had scored a direct bullseye with the insinuation.

"Ho, well laddie, t'isn't as though young fellows which be regularly relieving 'emselves already'd be comin' out t' buy o' Old Sam's stock, now. Best case, pickin' up a housepet for the missus."

"... Wait, that's how you determine what an incoming customer wants? Guessing at their experience?"

"Aye, an's not failed 'til now. Well, if ye be sayin' ye turned th'lass away, anyhow."

"That's.. really not any of your business, is it?" You respond, trying to avoid giving a clear answer to that question.

Sam's chuckle tells you how well that worked out.

"Aye. Ain't failed a once yet." The man says, with slight smugness.

"It wasn't my intent at the time of purchase." You point out.

"All th' same, lad, all th' same. Y'didn't say 'no', now, did ye?"

"I strongly considered it."

"But ye didn't." Sam points out. "But ye needn't worry, shan't be nobody pickin' up records from ol' Sam an' throwing 'em out for the world t'see, an' the girls know summat 'bout bein' discrete. Was anythin' else ye'd wanted?"

---

2:08 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 38079
[x]Sam's a neutral party in all this and knows how to be discrete, might as well ask him about Shanghai, particularly if there are any odd quirks specifically pertaining to bodied types.
[x]And while Alice's births largely worked out, you might want to ask for tips in case of complications with the others.
>> No. 38080
I must think about this for a bit
>> No. 38082
[x] Keep talking to Sam over the phone. Duh.
[x] "Ignoring certain events, I wanted to ask a few tips. Tenshi and Chen are expecting babies, and I'm kinda anxious. Alice already gave birth, but I feel I could have done more."
[x] Ask about stress in general, and its effects on yukkuri, specially pregnant and/or infant ones.
[x] Inquire about cannibalism, and general behavior between blobs and bodied.
[x] Also, Alice gave birth to blobs, shouldn't it have been only bodied babies? And most of them were Tenshi, only one small Alice was born.
[x] Any other surprises besides night time?
[x] How does the factory acquire its yukkuri? Do they buy and/or actively search/hunt for them? Chen has mentioned she likes Ran types.
[x] You've been having trouble educating a blob or two, and don't want to...mess things up with the newborn. Could he give tips regarding this? Specially since you're going to have them working.

Ok, this all I can think of now.
>> No. 38083
[x]Ask Sam if he knows what causes Shangai to change into a Hourai.
>> No. 38084
[x] Keep talking to Sam over the phone. Duh.
[x] "Ignoring certain events, I wanted to ask a few tips. Tenshi and Chen are expecting babies, and I'm kinda anxious. Alice already gave birth, but I feel I could have done more."
[x] Ask about stress in general, and its effects on yukkuri, specially pregnant and/or infant ones.
[x] Inquire about cannibalism, and general behavior between blobs and bodied.
[x] Also, Alice gave birth to blobs, shouldn't it have been only bodied babies? And most of them were Tenshi, only one small Alice was born.
[x] Any other surprises besides night time?
[x] How does the factory acquire its yukkuri? Do they buy and/or actively search/hunt for them? Chen has mentioned she likes Ran types.
[x] You've been having trouble educating a blob or two, and don't want to...mess things up with the newborn. Could he give tips regarding this? Specially since you're going to have them working.
[x] Ask Sam if he knows what causes Shangai to change into a Hourai.

We don't want her to laser us. Seriously.
>> No. 38085
>>38084
>Inquire about cannibalism, and general behavior between blobs and bodied.
Unless I'm mistaken, we already know that the cannibalism was a result of the Marisa eating sweets "stronger than the average fruit" as a child and getting addicted. The relationship between blob and bodied yukkuri would be good to know more about.
>[x] Also, Alice gave birth to blobs, shouldn't it have been only bodied babies? And most of them were Tenshi, only one small Alice was born.
We've definitely already been informed that being bodied doesn't breed true. There being only one Alice may be a topic of interest, though I doubt it.
>> No. 38086
[x]Alice already gave birth, but Chen and Tenshi are still expecting, and more knowledge can't hurt. Anything you should know about birthing besides not scaring the mother?
[x] Ask about stress in general, and its effects on yukkuri, specially pregnant and/or infant ones.
[x] Inquire about general behavior between blobs and bodied.
[x] Are those weird yukkuri good for anything?
[x] Most of Alice's babies were Tenshi, only one small Alice was born. This was just chance, right?
[x] Chen has mentioned she likes Ran types. Are they useful for anything, and is this worth them refusing mates that aren't Chens?
[x] You've been having trouble educating a blob or two, and don't want to...mess things up with the newborn. Any tips on raising the young to be proper, polite, thankful working yukkuri?
>> No. 38087
>>[x] Ask Sam if he knows what causes Shangai to change into a Hourai.

This is the only thing here that interests me.
>> No. 38090
>>38087
Odds are it's a grim fairy tale with a bloody ending.
>> No. 38091
Why does shanghai have wings? She is a doll not a fairy.

Are the babies that thought John was that their daddy going to grow up to like humans? you know. like humans? Cause that could be kinda creepy.
>> No. 38092
[x]Sam's a neutral party in all this and knows how to be discrete, might as well ask him about Shanghai, particularly if there are any odd quirks specifically pertaining to bodied types.

This... Is really all I have.
>> No. 38093
>>38091
general shanghai trail and perhaps related to how shanghai had wings in early fanarts. Though they don't do anything as they sometimes fall off after a doll spark yet doesn't hinder its flying abilities.
>> No. 38094
[x] Even though the Factory can't the rarer types, Sam can still givr you the normal price for a Tenshi blob. Hopefully. You will have to get rid of them eventually, but how much you can really profit with them?
[x] Yeah, a market research sounds a good idea. Either with Sam's help or the internet.
[x] Don't tell him about Shangai. Just mention you found some things when researching Alice on the internet and got curious about Shangai and Hourai.

I still don't like telling others about our rare yukkuri. Not even if it's about our 7, soon to be more, Tenshi.
>> No. 38095
[x] Alice already gave birth, but Chen and Tenshi are still expecting, and more knowledge can't hurt. Anything you should know about birthing besides not scaring the mother?
[x] Ask about stress in general, and its effects on yukkuri, specially pregnant and/or infant ones.
[x] Inquire about general behavior between blobs and bodied.
[x] Are those weird yukkuri good for anything?
[x] Most of Alice's babies were Tenshi, only one small Alice was born. This was just chance, right?
[x] Chen has mentioned she likes Ran types. Are they useful for anything, and is this worth them refusing mates that aren't Chens?
[x] You've been having trouble educating a blob or two, and don't want to mess things up with the newborn. Any tips on raising the young to be proper, polite, thankful working yukkuri?
>> No. 38096
>>38094
>But ye needn't worry, shan't be nobody pickin' up records from ol' Sam an' throwing 'em out for the world t'see
While caution is indeed a good thing to have, you're probably expressing too much in this case.
>> No. 38097
>>38094

Oops, forgot to type "sell" in the first write-in. Oh well.
>>38096

Yeah, maybe. It's just that, you know, I get worried about important stuff very easily.
>> No. 38098
[x] Even though the Factory can't sell the rarer types, Sam can still inform you of the usual prices, right? At least for a Tenshi blob...
[x] Alice already gave birth, but Chen and Tenshi are still expecting, and more knowledge can't hurt. Anything you should know about birthing besides not scaring the mother?
[x] Most of Alice's babies were Tenshi, only one small Alice was born. This was just chance, right?
[x] Ask about stress in general, and its effects on yukkuri, specially pregnant and/or infant ones.
[x] Inquire about general behavior between blobs and bodied.
[x] Are those weird yukkuri good for anything?
[x] Chen has mentioned she likes Ran types. Are they useful for anything, and is this worth them refusing mates that aren't Chens? Maybe you could go looking for one, even if you have to search in the wilds for it.
[x] You've been having trouble educating a blob or two, and don't want to mess things up with the newborn. Any tips on raising the young to be proper, polite, thankful working yukkuri?

I assume these topics are not in absolute order of approach? It would be rather awkward to jump from on to another and then go back to the first.
>> No. 38099
[x] Keep talking to Sam over the phone. Duh.
[x] Even though the Factory can't sell the rarer types, Sam can still inform you of the usual prices, right? At least for a Tenshi blob...
[x] Alice already gave birth, but Chen and Tenshi are still expecting, and more knowledge can't hurt. Anything you should know about birthing besides not scaring the mother?
[x] Most of Alice's babies were Tenshi, only one small Alice was born. This was just chance, right?
[x] Ask about stress in general, and its effects on yukkuri, specially pregnant and/or infant ones.
[x] Inquire about general behavior between blobs and bodied.
[x] Are those weird yukkuri good for anything?
[x] Chen has mentioned she likes Ran types. Are they useful for anything, and is this worth them refusing mates that aren't Chens? Maybe you could go looking for one, even if you have to search in the wilds for it.
[x] You've been having trouble educating a blob or two, and don't want to mess things up with the newborn. Any tips on raising the young to be proper, polite, thankful working yukkuri?
>> No. 38105
File 132202568793.jpg - (37.93KB , 263x221 , 5767b21a84e959cc7027aa6cf59a3b656839c793.jpg ) [iqdb]
38105
"Well, Alice gave birth a little ago. As it happens, most were Tenshi, with only one Alice. Is that a... normal result from this sort of thing?" You ask, after a moment.

"Eh, t'ain't normal. T'isn't out o' the question either, though. In th' long haul, usually ends up 'bout half an' half, I'm tol'." Sam says.

"Just luck, then." You say, nodding to yourself. "All right... Chen and Tenshi are due later. Is there anything else I should know, aside from not startling the mother?"

"Couldn't say, lad. T'isn't a part o' Old Sam's work." The man says, apologetically. "Probably be well 'nough even if ye don' get into it 'tall."

"There's nothing you can tell me about pregnancies? Like... stress, or anything?"

"Ah, th' ones at th' conveyor do well 'nough." Sam says, without really going into further detail. "Not exactly what ye'd call strong i' th' head, though. Upsettin' em messes wi' em good, an' worse if ye don' let 'em get 'way from it an' cool heads a bit."

"Ah... I've been having some difficulty with some infants from a blob Marisa-Reimu pair I took in off the street. I've had to dispose of one that resorted to cannibalism rather than wait for a meal, and I have another in a sort of solitary confinement. I ask because I'm not sure whether I should clean up its confines after it, or just leave it as a reminder until it all sinks in."

"Couldn't rightly tell ye." Sam answers. "Don't be doin' a whole mess o' disciplinin'. One o' the lasses starts trouble, Ol' Sam just hands 'em off t' a re-assessor."

"Then you have no real advice for raising them, then, other than to get rid of problem children immediately? To be polite, or.."

"Oh, Fact'ry only sells suitable pets, an' I much doubt ye'll be havin' much issues wi' the wee'uns neither. Should take a fair bit aft' th' parents. As t' the street'n's, well, I'll wish ye th' best o' luck there. S'pose for them ye should keep things perfectly clear as t' how you'll be willin' t' follow through with th' punishings? Seems t'work well 'nough on this side o' things, an' the ones from the lasses ye picked up here should only be needin' t' know ye've punished some 'fore they should fall proper in line."

"I see." You say, shaking your head. Less help than you'd expected, on that line of things. "Well, can you tell me about what Tenshi usually go for, then?"

"Tenshi... hrm. An adult blob-shape... Aye. She'd usually be sold fer 'bout two hun'red."

... That's two months rent.

"Two hundred." You say, just to be clear.

"She be a rarish girl. Aye. Body'd be 'bout twice that."

That is two months rent you are talking about, here. Four, even.

"O' course, ye'll not be gettin' that much, I'm thinkin', wi' the sudden glut o' competition an' the simple fact as ye ain't the Fact'ry. Odds b'ain't exactly in favor o' anyone findin' one o' the girls in the mountains, but t'isn't impossible a previous cust'mer'd be willin' t' sell some o' their pet's spawn t'someone, an' get stock that way. There'll be them's willin' to hold out on that chance, hope o' gettin better bargains. An' she has her sellin' points, but ain't gonna be what ev'ryone wants, aye?"

... Of course. You suppose you hadn't really been holding out hope that it would be that easy.

"Whatever. Though, have you noticed anything weird going on between blobs and bodies?" You wonder.

"Oh, they don' like 'chother 'tall, lad. Not s'long as they b'ain't from th' same litter, 'tleast. E'en wild'ns can usually tol'rate'm then. Most o' th' time."

"... I don't suppose they last long in the wild if they runn across a different family, then." You muse.

"Aye, 'tis one o' the reasons mos' wild'ns ye'll see'll be blobs. That'n the fact as e'en if they get 'long okay, blob ain't usually gon' be happy 'bout matin' wi' a body, an' vice versa."

"I see." You say. You'd figured that much out on your own, though. "Well... I've looked up Ran types, since Chen mentioned them. Is there anything to outweigh the fact that they'll only breed with Chen?"

"For blobs? Ain't much, though bodied'ns come wi' th' standard usef'lness. Hav'n one 'round'll keep Chens happy, though, an' some jes' like'm." Sam says. "Pop'larity. Not too many, though, but 'nough. An' if ye've got a lifetime's worth o' luck t'spend in one go, ye might be more likely t' find one i' th' form o' the Demon Queen herself, if ye got a happy Chen an' Ran couple t'hand. Might stay, even. 'Course, might jes steal'm an' be off. Ye never know."

... Well, that is news to you. You aren't sure if it's an argument for or [/i]against[/i] trying to find a Ran, though.

You think about asking something, but can't really figure out a way to phrase it off the top of your head. Weird yukkuri is... just not going to cut it. A lot are weird, Sam won't have the slightest idea which you're talking about.

---

2:37 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 38106
[x] You haven't asked Alice what else she can dobesides cooking and cleaning, so might as well ask Sam directly. What the others can do too, specially the cat.
[x] Names. You now have 6 Tenshi, and more are on the way. Tha factory probably doesn'thave to worry about this, but you have to. Should you keep their natural names and go crazy, or can you name them without having them go crazy?
[x] Demon Queen yukkuri, he said?" Where are Chen found in the wild?" If there are Chens around, there should be Ran looking for them too.
[x] That's all for now.
>> No. 38107
[x] You haven't asked Alice what else she can do besides cooking and cleaning, so might as well ask Sam directly. What the others can do too, specially the cat.
[x] Names. You now have 6 Tenshi, and more are on the way. The factory probably doesn't have to worry about this, but you have to. Should you keep their natural names and go crazy, or can you name them without having them go crazy?
[x] Ask if he knows anything about Shanghai - you've heard they can become dangerous Hourai, but there isn't an explanation for why that you can find.
[x] Demon Queen yukkuri, he said?" Where are Chen found in the wild?" If there are Chens around, there should be Ran looking for them too.
[x] That's all for now.
>> No. 38109
[x] Inquire about the bodied yukkuri's capabilities and whether they can teach the more useful ones to the newborn yukkuri.
[x] Inquire about demon queen yukkuri - accept rumors if no concrete details can be had.
[x] Begin interacting with the newborn yukkuri in order to determine their traits.
>> No. 38110
This is OOC, but yukkuri count as youkai, right? Fairly minor ones to the point where they're sub-fairy, but since they're magical constructs/possessed buns, they fall under the very broad definition of youkai, right? If so, are yukkuri able to improve on their natural capabilities through cultivation/research/meditation/whatever as youkai are able to do in so many stories? If so, is the reason that no yukkuri ever seem to do this in setting attributable to the fact that they likely have an even harsher slope to climb than would-be rabbit youkai?
>> No. 38112
File 13220643125.png - (124.30KB , 426x343 , Yukari-rescue.png ) [iqdb]
38112
[x] You haven't asked Alice what else she can do besides cooking and cleaning, so might as well ask Sam directly. What the others can do too, specially Chen.
[x] Names. You now have 6 Tenshi, and more are on the way. The factory probably doesn't have to worry about this, but you have to. Should you keep their natural names and go crazy, or can you name them without having them go crazy?
[x] Ask if he knows anything about Shanghai - you've heard they can become dangerous Hourai, but there isn't an explanation for why that you can find.
[x] Demon Queen yukkuri, he said?" Where are Chen found in the wild?" If there are Chens around, there should be Ran looking for them too.
Demon Queen Yukkuri? According to the wiki, they're the opposite of wild Yukkuri: strong, heroic and with a sense of charity. Still vain though, but that's Yukarin for you.
>> No. 38113
. . . Welp, time to start planning Operation Get-a-Ran.
>> No. 38114
Yukari Yukkuri are very rare as they're prone going to place to place, bragging about their beauty, possibly dishing out some justice then gapping away.
>> No. 38117
To be honest, I'd like to propose that we set aside some time early tomorrow morning to go yukkuri hunting, possibly in a bit more exotic locales.

Small businesses, in particular restaurants, need a lot of resources to start up and keeping going. While we're well on the way to solving the problem of personnel, we're going to need funds to rent space, purchase supplies, purchase equipment, and do everything else that's needed to setup the cafe. The problem is that we're short on funds after our purchases and the easiest method to earn more funds at the moment is probably to sell yukkuri that we don't have.

We can't sell the bodied yukkuri or their offspring because those actions are short-sighted and not as profitable as waiting until the offspring are trained. We can't really sell the street yukkuri because we don't have enough stock to sell to make up for a low profit margin and waiting for them to breed that many will see us missing out on an opportunity.

Here's my reasoning - it's expected that prices for common yukkuri will fall once everyone starts breeding and selling them, but in the short period before that, the common yukkuri will remain at least a little bit profitable due to increased demand.

Since we don't have the stock needed, we should go hunting possibly outside of the city center for yukkuri. There isn't much benefit to us staying behind to help the yukkuri raise their offspring and our buddy can cover for us in that regard. Any money that we can make on selling captured yukkuri is money that can go towards our eventual cafe and it's probably one of the most profitable uses of our time available at this point. And who knows? Maybe we'll get lucky and find some rarer specimens.

Though it's too bad the chances of finding a Kaguya is practically nil, having an Eirin around would be pretty helpful in more than one sense.

Thoughts? Comments? I'd appreciate criticism since I didn't get the time to really think this through.
>> No. 38118
>>38117
>funds
That's what the meeting Frank set up is for. I think we should seriously train a yukkuri (alpha-Alice?) as a waitress to impress potential investors.

I'm not completely against going yukkuri hunting, though, since spending all our time training waitresses would be putting all our eggs in one basket.
>> No. 38119
That slipped my mind - do we have a time for when the meeting takes place?

We should definitely start training the yukkuri though and probably start drafting a business plan.

And if the cafe falls through, we might still be able to re-purpose them as a temp agency of sorts or possibly a maid service. If we can train them to be equal to any human cleaner, we can undercut any other such service out there based on human labor because we don't need to pay our workers. It's pretty exploitative, but what the heck.
>> No. 38120
>>38119

We don't know when the meeting is, Frank went to sleep before saying anything more.
>> No. 38121
>>38119
Frank will tell us when he wakes up. Probably. Kahi isn't cruel enough to have Frank forget.

I hope someone knows how to write a business plan, cause I sure don't.
>> No. 38124
We only need a rough mock-up business plan to present to potential creditors - a series of actions that lead to our desired business and information demonstrating that each step can succeed. At the moment though, we've no experience with the cafe business, little resources of our own, and no information. All we can do is trust in Frank's capabilities and to prepare as best as we can.

We could go do the research on store sites, health codes, and so on but I think we should focus on training our staff first. Even if the cafe plan falls through, we can still hire out their labor and if the cafe starts up, we can breed extra yukkuri to run a temp agency as a sideline business anyways.

I think I recall that some of the smartest yukkuri out there can actually learn arithmetic, reading, and writing skills. If we can pick up a Patchouli while hunting, we might want to look into breeding for intelligence to see if we can offer more than simply maids and cleaners through our temp agency.
>> No. 38125
We have 4 bodied Tenshis. We could raisem them to become cockfighters, or athletic wrestlers.
>> No. 38126
File 132209561531.jpg - (127.17KB , 900x700 , Chill.jpg ) [iqdb]
38126
>>38117
>Eirin.
You mean them finding Kaguya/s for us, them lying traps to deter the Yukkuri Liberation Front or them healing up other Yukkuri when Orange Juice isn't enough? (as in, the retards)

Anyway, if we're to go hunting I'd prefer a Ran. Anything to keep Chen(s) happy. Besides, we can get a Yukari Yukkuri with her and those punish evildoers and Tenshis when bored. Anything to keep Tenshi(s) happy.
>> No. 38127
Cockfighting seems a bit cruel and Frank might object to that, which would be a bad thing since he's effectively our face man at this point. Athletic wrestling on the other hand, seems like it might be pretty interesting,assuming that there's a market and that it's possible to train the Tenshi not to die with that much rough-housing. It might be worth it even if they died so long as there is enough of an audience and we can sell enough refreshments, but I doubt gladiatorial contests would do anything for our relationship with our yukkuri, with Frank, and to be honest, I'm more than a little bit uncomfortable with the idea.

If we do run gladiatorial contests, I'd prefer it if we only used the blob yukkuri since I can't see much use for the common types outside of being food or pets. It's hypocritical and rather horrible, but I will admit that I'm a little bit intrigued by the idea of training Remilia packs to go after dosu yukkuri.

More importantly, what exactly can we do with blob yukkuri business-wise? We have heavy competition in selling them as either pets or food, and they can't really be trained to perform tasks as marketable as the bodied yukkuri. I'm sure we can come up with more uses for the rarer types, but what can we do with Marisa and Reimu types?
>> No. 38128
This is rather embarrassing, but how do I reply to specific posts?

In regards to Eirin yukkuri, it's largely wishful thinking getting one but I think an Eirin would be useful for keeping our stock in good health and fending off any potential predators that might at them. That way we'd cut down on oj expenses and can basically leave that part of caring for the yukkuri out of our concern. I don't think they'd help much against determined humans, but I suppose every little bit helps.

As for Kaguya, well, unless we're breeding them for health food, they're only useful for keeping Eirin yukkuri in good shape. A Yukari yukkuri would be great, but having one would also limit more unethical business opportunities, which we probably shouldn't do until we've weighed the pros and cons.
>> No. 38131
File 132209838922.jpg - (233.64KB , 1000x1000 , 06680f57bc878d710f6114e1f6ddbbd5.jpg ) [iqdb]
38131
>>38128
Click on their post number at the top right of their post (I.E: No. 37935) and two 'greater than' simbols will appear, along with the post number (I.E: >>37935)
Also, remember to put sage on the email field when making non-voting posts.
Cheers!
>>38127
I dunno, really,
>> No. 38132
>>38131
Thanks a lot, I greatly appreciate the help.
>> No. 38133
>>38127
>More importantly, what exactly can we do with blob yukkuri business-wise?

Ingredients. WHat kind of cafe doesn't have sweet food?

>If we do run gladiatorial contests, I'd prefer it if we only used the blob yukkuri since I can't see much use for the common types outside of being food or pets.

Now that I'm thinking about this again, the blobs would probably be better for cockfighting, while the bodied ones are better for sportive fights. Because of, you know, limbs.

>>38128
>A Yukari yukkuri would be great, but having one would also limit more unethical business opportunities, which we probably shouldn't do until we've weighed the pros and cons.

I believe a Yukari yukkuri would be the most expensive yukkuri, simply because it's shaped after the Demon Queen. Selling even one could put anyone at the top of the competition.
>> No. 38135
>>38133
I suspect that most yukkuri would die against a rooster and the fight would be more pathetic than entertaining. If we do run gladiatorial contests, we'd need to design a course events to suit the yukkuri's capabilities - events to whet the audience's excitement and blood-lust in addition to events that provide satisfaction. Examples of such might include non-lethal duels between bodied Youmu yukkuri that lead into pitting a team of Remilias against a captured older-and-thus-larger-than-normal common specimen.

I'm of the opinion that this line of business is immoral but I can't help but admit it would be lucrative. We could offer free admission, sell refreshments, and even offer betting on the matches. If we design the events right, we might even be able to limit casualties to captured/purchased disposable yukkuri while keeping our own trained specimens alive and well barring accidents.

In regards to the idea of acquiring and then selling a Yukari yukkuri, we could accomplish much the same by selling the bodied Shanghai. I suspect that most of us (me included) are too sentimental to sell it and want to keep it on as our mascot, but that option is there.
>> No. 38136
I'm actually not sure why some people are so hyped up about finding a Ran type. I mean the chances of finding one are slim, and finding a bodied ran type is even slimmer (because even if it's a Ran, I'm pretty sure the blob/bodied types still won't intermingle). There doesn't seem to be any benefit at going out and trying to find one.
>> No. 38137
>>38136
I can't speak for the others but I'm proposing that we go hunting for wild yukkuri both because it opens up business opportunities and because selling the ones that we don't use is one of the easiest methods of earning cash available to us at the moment. I'm not optimistic enough to think that we'll find something like a Ran or a Teruyo, but even something like a Patchouli could be quite useful if we could train it to read and write.

As for the problem of blob-and-bodied breeding, artificial insemination methods might be available to us. Besides, while the Marisa declined outright, the same is not true for other yukkuri. Alice was willing if we ordered it and I suspect that a blob Ran's inherent attraction to Chen might overcome their otherwise incompatible tastes.
>> No. 38138
>>38135
Mascot and theft deterent. We'll have to be extremely careful with her orders, but she's basically an incredibly cute flying laser turret.
>following commands immediately
Does this mean we can't set up standing orders? That could be problematic.

>>38136
It's an excuse to spend time alone with Chen outside. I think you can see where I'm going with this. Chen character development, fuck yeah.
>> No. 38139
>>38138
I can't believe I didn't even think of bringing Chen along on a hunting trip. Not only would she be useful in being Ran-bait, perhaps we could use the time to train her to capture wild yukkuri? That could boost our success rate.
>> No. 38143
Just thought of a way to use the blob yukkuri. If the body yukkuri are delivering the food. Why not have the blob yukkuri put on a play or something.
It would be pretty funny to recreate the plot for the touhou games. We even have the main characters.
>> No. 38144
>>38143
Timid Reimu pretending to be real Reimu would be the cutest thing.
>> No. 38146
>>38143

Also, Yukkuri musical.

we need to hold a talent show to see where everyone's strengths lie.
>> No. 38148
>>38143
I like this idea, I like this idea a lot. We'll need some more varieties and I'm not so sure that most yukkuri are smart enough to pull off plays without a lot of creative direction but the idea of using blob yukkuri to entertain is certainly interesting. In fact, we can probably start testing their memories and other capabilities today while waiting for the bodied yukkuri to give birth. Though I've no experience with running experiments and I'm not sure how we might do such a thing. Ideas?
>> No. 38149
I'm of the opinion that looking for a Ran would mostly be a waste of time.

First off, they don't have any special skills. Sam did say that they would make Chens happy, but there are other, easier ways to do that.

Second, there's a lot of chances involved. Even if we find a Ran, there's apparently an insanely long chance of a Yukari appearing, and even then she might decide to stay, or steal away our yukkuri. If she does stay, the a check online says they have minor gap powers, which sounds like it could lead to all sorts of wasted time and lost income.

I'm all for looking for some more yukkuri, but we should look for ones that are useful, like a Cirno or a Patchouli.
>> No. 38150
>>38149
I agree. A Ran is nice, but there're more useful species out there (Patchouli, Youmu, E~rin, etc). We should still bring Chen along on the hunting trip because it might be be able to flush out or capture wild yukkuri for us. After all, it is modeled after a predator and it should be intelligent enough that we can order it to capture rather than to kill. We'd also need to bring along some other supplies though - a yukkuri container, an umbrella (which we might be able to use as a stick as well if need arises), some orange juice, and perhaps some sort of treat (perhaps the premature yukkuri) to offer to Chen for her successes. If Ran shows up because of Chen, it'd be a nice bonus, but it wouldn't be the main objective of our trip.
>> No. 38151
[x] You got some odd offspring from a stalk. Tenshi called them premature, they've got weird accessories, and they're dumber than usual. Are they good for anything at all?
>> No. 38152
[x] You got some odd offspring from a stalk. Tenshi called them premature, they've got weird accessories, and they're dumber than usual. Are they good for anything at all?
[x] Names. You now have 6 Tenshi, and more are on the way. The factory probably doesn't have to worry about this, but you have to. Should you keep their natural names and go crazy, or can you name them without having them go crazy?
[x] Ask if he knows anything about Shanghai - you've heard they can become dangerous Hourai, but there isn't an explanation for why that you can find.
[x] Demon Queen yukkuri, he said?" Where are Chen found in the wild?" If there are Chens around, there should be Ran looking for them too.
[X] Thank him for all his help. That's all for now
>> No. 38153
[x] You got some odd offspring from a stalk. Tenshi called them premature, they've got weird accessories, and they're dumber than usual. Are they good for anything at all?
[x] Names. You now have 6 Tenshi, and more are on the way. The factory probably doesn't have to worry about this, but you have to. Should you keep their natural names and go crazy, or can you name them without having them go crazy?
[x] Ask if he knows anything about Shanghai - you've heard they can become dangerous Hourai, but there isn't an explanation for why that you can find.
[x] Demon Queen yukkuri, he said?" Where are Chen found in the wild?" If there are Chens around, there should be Ran looking for them too.
[X] Thank him for all his help. That's all for now

site is spazing out no idea if this is working or not
>> No. 38154
unintentional vote spam that it's not letting me delete
>> No. 38158
>>38149

We won't be going out specifically a Ran yukkuri, we will get anything nice we found. Any yukkuri that's not of the same types we already have is profit. Maybe literally.

We just want Ran because we already have Chen; selling them in pairs would be profitable. And we're not counting on attracting a Yukari Yukkuri either, we already received a bodied Shangai, so that would be stretching things a little.

Though I suppose seeing a Yukari type would be an experience like when Ash Ketchum saw a Hoo-Hoo in the second/third episode of pokemon. I'm not completely against that, though I would be rather frustrated.
>> No. 38160
>>38158

Ash Ketchum is too much of a wimp to see hoo-hoos. Now Gary, he's probably neck-deep in hoo-hoos every night, especially with that cheerleader squad of his.
>> No. 38162
>>38160

Um, what? Oh wait, the pokemon is named Ho-Oh? But, I've seen it as Hoo-Hoo so many times before! Was my whole life a lie!?
>> No. 38163
>Was my whole life a lie!?
Yes

[x] Inquire about the bodied yukkuri's abilities, the uneasy newborn blobs and the possibility of blobs learning acting skills.
>> No. 38164
Since Sam is a trainer, we should focus on asking him about his areas of expertise.

[x] Ask about what he has taught our three bodied yukkuri.
[x] Ask about whether our bodied yukkuri can be teach their offspring about discipline and their learned capabilities.
[x] Ask about the general intelligence and learning capabilities of yukkuri, inquire about teaching yukkuri to entertain and mention songs, dances, and theater in particular.

As for the premature yukkuri, well, it's important to remember that as people who intend to earn their income through using yukkuri, we should maintain a sharp distinction between our pets and our livestock.
>> No. 38165
[x] Ask if Yukkuri can change their bodies like humans can; hairgrowth, weight lifting, bodybuilding, etc.
>> No. 38166
File 132218909226.jpg - (40.89KB , 300x300 , f2da33dc1d9d989f3b28e7f3ae518b8b.jpg ) [iqdb]
38166
"In any case, regarding utility... Alice can cook and clean and sew, I'm told. Are there other things that they can do? Particularly Chen." You asks.

"Ah, well lad, they all c'n do 'nough t' at least put summat in th' microwave an' hit th' right buttons, s'long as they keep lookin' back an' forth. Chen... well, I'm much doubtin' ye'll have much of a pest problem, aye?"

"So, they'll deal with mice or things of that nature?" You ask, slightly disconcerted at the thought.

"Aye. Mice, rats, other vermin... much like cats, ye know? Hunters. Not like ye'd see in Remilia, what stick t' other Yukkuri most entirely, but wheres they c'n still eat plants fine, Chen'll be happier huntin' down a mouse or bug o' some kind. Or some other yukkuri. Though ye've nothin' t' worry about, she'll not be jumpin' on any o' yours without permission."

.... You aren't quite sure how to feel about that. Bugs and mice? One more sharp reminder that they aren't human at all, despite the vague semblance.

"Any case, c'n both clean jes's well's Alice, though don't recall'm bein' much use at stitchery. Don' recall as they took t'it 's well as she, o' course." Sam continues.

"And they'll teach the infants what they know." You muse.

"Aye, as well as they know, 'tleast." Sam confirms.

"Well, incidentally, where are Chen found in the wild?" You ask.

"Where would ye be findin' cats in the wild, lad? Grassland, forest, mountains... jes' bout ev'rywhere." Sam says. "City's well, though ye'd be findin' jest about any o' em in the city. They're likin' that we throw food out, an' sweets, where's they can get at it convenient-like an' make a mess at it. An' so many empty buildin's, means there's plenty o' places t' be out o' th' rain."

"Not so many after an extermination has gone through." You note.

"Aye, lad. Ye'll never get all o' em like that, though. Always a han'ful what slip through."

"Whatever." You say. "Anyway... I got some strang offspring, from that Reimu and Marisa I found. Tenshi called them 'premature'...?"

"Ah, there's a thing, lad. Yukkuri b'ain't too terribly smart at th' best o' times. Those'll be dumb's bricks, at best. Won't have no problems survivin', though, s'long as they be fed a couple days so's they figure out how t'eat on their own. Not what ye'd call useful, though. Might be good f'r an active child's pet, won't be complainin' bout things. Fact'ry jes' renders 'em for feed. Always plenty of 'em, one or 'nother o' the mothers gettin' a touch too upset."

You wince slightly. You'd sort of expected it, though.

"Just a couple more things. I've read about Shanghai, and all I can find about them becoming Hourai is that it's a bad thing."

"Aye, 'tis. Ye've got t' upset em, really upset em, t' make th' switch happen, an' if ye do that, ye'll be the first target when it does. Summat t' avoid if at all possible, lad. There be a section of the factory what breeds Shanghai, if I'm rememberin' rightly, an' every one o' th' workers there has a button what triggers the ceiling sprinklers. Blasts off like a fire-hose, every one of 'em. That's jest in case one happens to turn, mind ye. Oh, any number o' rich idiots as'd love to throw Money off t' get hold o' a rare, dangerous thing like that, but ain't 'nough Money in th' world t' justify th' risk, lad. Specially as Shanghai're hard t'get hold of i' the first place."

"I see." You say. "The last matter, then... there are six new Tenshi, and probably more coming. How do I... well, just call one, without all the others coming? I'm going to break my brain trying to keep track of which is which..."

"Ah, ye should be able t' give 'em names." Sam muses. "Th' first three'll be accepting 'nough of it, though might take some work t' get th' rest t' figure out its them ye be talkin' to, when ye call th' new name. I'd say ye might want t' look into gettin' little shiny buttons or clips, t' pin to hats or whatnot."

"I'll keep that in mind." You say.

Frank starts to groan and stretch on the couch. Probably a good time to wrap things up, then.

"That's really all I wanted to ask. If further matters arise, I'll speak to you later." You say.

"Aye, ol' Sam'll be here. I'll answer what I can, laddy."

"Thank you." You say, and hang up. It's only a few moments more before Frank sits up and yawns loudly.

---

3:10 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 38167
[x] Prepare to assist the Tenshi and the Chen with their birthing.
[x] Speak to Alice and Tenshi about teaching their offspring discipline and their learned capabilities once all three litters are born - focus on instilling discipline for the moment.
[x] Speak to Chen about bringing her along on a hunting trip - do so once all three litters are born and be sure to let the Alice and the Tenshi understand that this is not special treatment in order to forestall potential problems in the future.
[x] Prepare supplies for the hunting trip - we'll need at a minimum bait, an umbrella that can double as a crude baton, and a container to hold yukkuri.
[x] Research local sites where we might be able to find wild yukkuri and tips to baiting them - the best location is one wild enough where we can come upon a clan of 10 to 20 but small enough that it doesn't host a yukkuri large enough to be dangerous.
[x] If time permits, research the habits and habitats of more useful yukkuri that might be able to be trained to perform useful labor - such as Yuuka, Patchouli, and E~rin.
[x] Once more if time permits, research yukkuri medical care - the blob yukkuri are mostly expendable but our bodied yukkuri certainly are not.
[x] Tell Frank about our hunting trip and see if he can help us pick up hunting supplies.

I'd also like to propose that we use the premature yukkuri as either bait or Chen treats because they are useless for breeding and even less profitable than normal if sold. I'd like to attempt to condition Chen to hunt and retrieve lone wild yukkuri by rewarding her with a snack for each success.

As for not alienating the Marisa and Reimu, I believe that we can let out the ill-behaved Reimu and then frame it. We let it out, wait until the entire lot is asleep, pick out the premature ones, smear a little bean paste from the cannibal onto the ill-behaved Reimu's mouth, sprinkles crumbs on the accessories and perhaps masticate them a little using the premature ones before strewing them around the Reimu, and then let the Marisa come to its own conclusions. Once it demands that the Reimu be punished, we add it to the bait. We'll be fine so long as no other yukkuri sees this and if the bodied yukkuri sees it, we'll explain our reasoning to them - namely that it's a mercy to the premature ones and that this way their parents will be less stressed.
>> No. 38172
[x] Prepare to assist the Tenshi and the Chen with their birthing.
[x] Speak to Alice and Tenshi about teaching their offspring discipline and their learned capabilities once all three litters are born - focus on instilling discipline for the moment.
[x] Speak to Chen about bringing her along on a hunting trip - do so once all three litters are born.
[x] Prepare supplies for the hunting trip - we'll need at a minimum bait, an umbrella that can double as a crude baton, and a container to hold yukkuri.

Long vote is long.
>> No. 38173
[x] Prepare to assist the Tenshi and the Chen with their birthing.
[x] Speak to Alice and Tenshi about teaching their offspring discipline and their learned capabilities once all three litters are born - focus on instilling discipline for the moment.
[x] Speak to Chen about bringing her along on a hunting trip - do so once all three litters are born.
[x] Prepare supplies for the hunting trip - we'll need at a minimum bait, an umbrella that can double as a crude baton, and a container to hold yukkuri.

I'm not absolutely sure we want to drag Chen off without a chance to get to know her kids, but we need to get this out of the way before we're stuck working on the restaurant all day.
>> No. 38175
>>38173
I originally was of the opinion that were we to go into the wilderness, we should wait until we've got the cafe set up, you bring up a good point in that cafes take a lot of looking after.

I would still recommend waiting until at least tomorrow. This will give us time to educate the newborns at what I assume is their most impressionable, as well as allowing Chen to spend time with her kids. We may be businessmen, but I like to think we're not heartless.

Plus, waiting until tomorrow will allow us to go buy hunting stuff we don't have on hand.
>> No. 38176
>>38173 here

>>38175 has a point, and I keep forgetting to set a password for post deletion.

[x] Prepare to assist the Tenshi and the Chen with their birthing.
[x] Speak to Alice and Tenshi about teaching their offspring discipline and their learned capabilities once all three litters are born - focus on instilling discipline for the moment.
[x] Speak to Chen about bringing her along on a hunting trip - do so tomorrow when you have all the supplies.
[x] Prepare supplies for the hunting trip - we'll need at a minimum bait, an umbrella that can double as a crude baton, and a container to hold yukkuri.
>> No. 38177
Is it possible to assume that the City's business environment is similar enough to that of the average 21st century city on the outside that we can assume rough equivalence unless stated otherwise? For example, does the City maintain health inspectors and a health code?
>> No. 38180
[x]Frank is waking up. He has important stuff to talk to you.
[x] Prepare to assist the Tenshi and the Chen with their birthing. Have the parents stay together so there won't be any confusion his time.
[x] Speak to Alice and Tenshi about teaching their offspring discipline and their learned capabilities once all three litters are born - focus on instilling discipline for the moment.
[x] Speak to Chen about bringing her along on a hunting trip - do so tomorrow when you have all the supplies.
[x] Prepare supplies for the hunting trip - we'll need at a minimum bait, an umbrella that can double as a crude baton, and a container to hold yukkuri.

Guys, don't forget about Frank.
>> No. 38181
[x]Frank is waking up. He has important stuff to talk to you.
[x] Prepare to assist the Tenshi and the Chen with their birthing. Have the parents stay together so there won't be any confusion his time.
[x] Speak to Alice and Tenshi about teaching their offspring discipline and their learned capabilities once all three litters are born - focus on instilling discipline for the moment.
[x] Speak to Chen about bringing her along on a hunting trip - do so tomorrow when you have all the supplies.
[x] Prepare supplies for the hunting trip - we'll need at a minimum bait, an umbrella that can double as a crude baton, and a container to hold yukkuri.
>> No. 38188
On a related line of thought, I suspect that opportunities to hunt for wild yukkuri will be much rarer once our operations begin and our business starts up. But that doesn't mean we can't still catch stray yukkuri if we need them, all we need to do is build traps.

It depends on the exact capabilities of yukkuri and I suppose on the individual yukkuri, but I believe that a working yukkuri trap can be built using nothing more than a cardboard box, strong tape, and bait. We let the cardboard box sit on its side, line its inside with tape, put in the bait, and then place the box in an alleyway where it'll be more likely to be undisturbed.

Of course, we'll need to test the traps to see if stray yukkuri can tear themselves free from the tape. If it works and we can prove that it works, we can also try to come to an agreement with the appropriate people such as our apartment supervisor to see if we can place our traps at garbage sites.

Does anyone think that this idea has merit?
>> No. 38189
>>38188
The concept has merit but 1. I'm not sure if tape will hold well to adult yukkuri and 2. we may end up with too many near-worthless reimu's and marisa's to be worth the bait cost.

Both problems can be worked around however. A reusable,inedible lure attacked to a stick holding the box up in such a way it will fall on top of the yukkuri would work though we would need a big box to avoid the yukkuri simply running out of range with the lure. Another way is to add a tracker to the lure and leave it in the wilderness. Then you can simply follow the tracker to a nest full of yukkuri once it moves.
>> No. 38191
>>38189
I did consider the problem that adult yukkuri might be able to tear themselves free of the tape, which is why that we'll need to test that whenever we get the time and find it worthwhile to test. As for the box with a single supporting structure, my problem with it is that I think an adult yukkuri would be able to lift something as light as cardboard and anything more expensive and durable is going to cost us. It does work though.

Hm, I believe that there were foods that caused yukkuri to fall asleep, perhaps if we used one of those as bait?

As for a tracker, that's more iffy - I'm not sure if we've the money to afford it and if the City has trackers that can function once ingested by yukkuri. I know that the technology is used in collars, but being ingested by yukkuri isn't quite the same thing. Given the intelligence of the average stray yukkuri, we might be able to release the caught one, pretend to be friendly and then follow it home.

Having said that though, the idea of traps is really to save us time on catching fodder if we ever need fodder. Going to the trouble of tracking them to their nests isn't worth it unless we can get something rarer than either a Marisa or a Reimu.
>> No. 38192
>>38191
Such "makes them sleep" foods are going to be pricy and again, you will get alot of commons. at least an inedible lure is reuseable. Finding a nest rather then simply 1 yukkuri will double our chances of something good, and now i think about it we could simply ask any trapped yukkuri if they have a nest and what their mate is. Different baits will also work on different types, using yukurri as bait will attract predators for example.

Another interesting trap would be something along the lines of...
1. Dig slope near tree.
2. Make a short (1m tops) drop at the end into a pit that they can't escape from
3. Hang bait/lure over top of slop but out of reach unless they try(and fail) to jump for it.
4. Pit full of pastry heads.

We could also figure out how Remiya hunt and see if we can raise one to find them for us. Takes work though.
>> No. 38196
>>38192
Good points.

I think that at this point we'll need to define what is the purpose of the trap and the environment in which it is to be used before we can come to an agreement on the best possible design. Nothing says that we couldn't set up different kinds of traps in different environments to catch different kinds of yukkuri, after all.

As for bait, well, I'm not entirely sure about what yukkuri like to eat beyond that they seem to like sweet thing, including most other yukkuri. We can use living yukkuri to attempt to lure in predators, but we can also kill and cook our expendable yukkuri (Marisa and Reimu that we aren't keeping as breeding stock) to use as bait for more omnivorous species. Special foods are likely a lost cause though.

I had similar thoughts about training predator yukkuri to capture wild yukkuri for us - using our Chen rather than a Remilia because we have a Chen on hand and because I think it might be easier to train a Chen not to kill. It's why I wanted to propose that we take the recalcitrant Reimu and the premature yukkuri with us on the hunting trip. In short, we use the Reimu to teach Chen to hunt living yukkuri while we use the premature yukkuri as positive reinforcement whenever Chen manages to locate and retrieve a wild yukkuri alive.

Methods of using useless yukkuri aside, I've also had similar thoughts about using captured yukkuri to lead us to their nests. A lot of the yukkuri that we could catch using traps are likely to be hunters and if we pretend to be easy and set them free, they're likely trusting enough to lead us straight back to their nests whether knowingly or unknowingly.
>> No. 38199
Kahi you taken holiday off from writing? That's cool if you are but just wanted to make sure your okay... of course if your not okay i have no idea how you would answer this.
>> No. 38200
>>38199
He wrote something ~elsewhere~. Don't worry about it.
>Not dead. Myself or this, as it happens. Just doing other things.
>> No. 38202
>>38200
>~elsewhere~

IRC? Cause I'm not seeing it in any of his stories.
>> No. 38204
Yup, not dead. Turkey-day stuffs and family things afterward, among other things to deal with. Wrote something for another thing elsewhere.

It had been so long since I posted there that I forgot the site ate line-breaks, too. So that's fun.
>> No. 38205
>>38202
He goes by many names, so only us dedicated stalkers can read all of his stories
>> No. 38206
File 132244742275.jpg - (206.58KB , 850x1314 , sample-aac50a9c7cb0336e88c133f34cfad323.jpg ) [iqdb]
38206
"About time you got up." You say dryly, then shake your head. "Anyway, there's something important you wanted to say."

Frank stares blankly at you for a long moment, before the light of recognition enters his eyes.

"Oh, yeah. Yeah, you have an appointment, with a maybe-investor." He says, and yawns. "Noon tomorrow. Noon sharp Johnny, you don't want to be even a minute late, here." He continues, seriously.

"Anything else important?" You say, mildly amused.

"Hands in sight, at all times." Frank continues seriously. "Don't make any really sudden movements, and if you have to get something out of a pocket, you say so first, and do it nice and slow, with one hand."

... Your amusement is gone.

"Frank. Is my appointment with the mob? Did you set me up to go ask the mafia for money, Frank?" You say, tiredly.

"Nnnnn.... not as such... I mean, they run some legitimate businesses, too, and nobody calls anyone 'the Mafia' anymore, or anything..."

"Did you, or did you not, set me up to meet people who run businesses as fronts to launder money from other sources?" You ask sharply.

"... Maybe?" Frank answers, after a minute. "Come on, relax Johnny. We're not looking for too much Money... just, like, start-up costs, to get us going. It's chump change for them."

"They're going to bleed us dry." You reply seriously.

"Nah, nah. I mean, we might end up having to pay back maybe half again as much as we borrow, but I know these people, they're not going to just jack rates up on us because it looks like they can squeeze out more." Frank says, seriously. "Comes down to it, they probably won't need to, because it's really likely that we'll be renting whatever building we use as a business from them. They'll still be taking in regular monthly payments from us, so no point."

"I'm not pleased with this turn of events, Frank..." You say.

"Hey now, where did you expect I was going to find investors?" Frank points out seriously. "I don't exactly run with a lot of high-rollers, you know?"

"... Ugh. I suppose I'll have to deal with things as they come." You say with a sigh. "Noon tomorrow, then?"

"Yep. Reservation at this private, cushy italian place. Not too far, maybe ten, twelve blocks." Frank says, pulling a slightly bent card out of his pocket, advertising the business and with instructions penned in on the back. You take it warily.

"What we need is a place to rent, and snacks and stuff to sell." Frank says. "And like, coffee, tea things. Snacking sweets can probably come pre-packaged, even, or we can set some deal to buy things daily or weekly in bulk from a bakery, and just re-heat things before putting them out for display and purchase. It's not like most coffee-shacks have a big kitchen in the back where they make all this stuff by hand, after all. And these ladies'll be working for food and all, so that's waiters and all done. Don't know if I really trust them to remember the instructions for how to make whichever drink, though."

"It'll work out." You say.

"Yeah, just saying, one of us might have to do the barista thing." Frank says, waving a hand. "Though one of us'll probably have to man the register, too. Not sure they're smart enough to handle money."

"It'll be fine." You say. "We can just, like, put up instructions for them to check every time."

"Eh, if you say so." Frank says, dubiously.

"Anyway, you can wait to help deliver the rest of the litters." You say.

"That happening soon?" Frank muses.

"Yeah." You say, then wait a minute. "Any minute now, probably."

There's a long moment of silence between you, as you consider the ceiling tiles.

"... Well, I'll make a sandwich first." Frank says, rising and going to the kitchen. "Oh, nevermind! Already one here."

You frown as he walks back out, munching on your half-sandwich from earlier.

"... I guess that I won't really be able to go out hunting tomorrow until that's done." You say.

"Huh. You need more?" Frank says aloud, thinking.

"Not need, I guess, but I'd like to see if maybe I can have Chen sniff out nests." You reply.

"Well, good luck there. Tomorrow might not be a good time, but maybe the day after." Frank says.

"Yeah. I'll need some kind of bait..."

Your gaze lingers for a moment on the remaining retard-babies, and you frown in thought before continuing.

"... Something that they can't chew through, if they get caught, and an umbrella in case it rains. Sturdy one, in case I need to hit something with it..."

"Eh, that kind of umbrella isn't going to be the sort you can just buy with pocket change, though." Frank points out.

"Yeah." You reply. "Well, a stick or cane would do just as good, for hitting things. Probably better.

Conversation trails off as Frank eats, and you go to make more food for yourself as well. There's nothing much to do, after all, until one of them is ready to give birth...

Which doesn't happen until Frank's been up for over an hour, at 4:26.

Tenshi actually seems to be delighted by the process of birth. The whole masochism thing, you guess. It wouldn't have killed Frank to help out, but he just sat back on the couch and ate through the whole thing, insisting you were doing a fine job on your own.

The birth was a little extended, though, from simple numbers, as Tenshi squeezed out no less than ten infants, and Chen started to go into labor only a bit behind her, at 4:46. At that point, Frank didn't really have any choice but to help.

Everything turned out well, though. Tenshi delivered one blob Tenshi, and two blob Chen. The rest were all bodied, two Tenshi, and a full five bodied Chen.

Chen's litter was a little more evenly spread out, with one blob chen, two bodied chen, two blob Tenshi, and two bodied.

You quickly retreat, and drag Frank with you, to keep any of them from making the same mistake the others did, and slump down in a chair for a few minutes.

---

5:05 PM

+1 Tenshi, infant, blob
+2 Tenshi, infant, bodied
+2 Chen, infant, blob
+5 Chen, infant, bodied

+1 Chen, infant, blob
+2 Chen, infant, bodied
+2 Tenshi, infant, blob
+2 Tenshi, infant, bodied


[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 38207
[x] Speak to Alice and Tenshi about teaching Chen and their offspring discipline.
[x] Speak to Chen about bringing her on a hunting trip - inquire if she is able to hunt and if not, if she wants to learn.
[x] Conduct research about locations where we can expect to find yukkuri clans too small to host specimens large enough to be dangerous.

Ugh, organized crime - I don't mind their loan rates but this is . . . troublesome. If we agree, it'll be difficult if not outright impossible to get their hooks out of our hides. And to be honest, starting business with our pitiful experience using their cash is unwise at best.
>> No. 38208
>>38207
Oops, neglected to mention - forget about heading out on the hunting trip tomorrow, Frank's scheduled meeting is more important.
>> No. 38209
Holy shit, so many mouths to feed now, this is gonna be expensive to keep.

The new Yakuza to deal with tomorrow, and we have half an idea of business..

The future promises great things.
>> No. 38210
>>38207
My thoughts exactly. I'd rather not do business with the mob. There should be other places that we can borrow start-up money from. The legitimate sources would probably require a business plan, if we go that route. Sure, it'd be hard in the beginning, but once we get our idea going, it'd be easy to pay them back.

[x] Speak to Alice and Tenshi about teaching Chen and their offspring discipline.
[x] Speak to Chen about bringing her on a hunting trip - inquire if she is able to hunt and if not, if she wants to learn.
[x] Conduct research about locations where we can expect to find yukkuri clans too small to host specimens large enough to be dangerous.
>> No. 38211
Bwahaha, awesome. It wouldn't be a proper business game if the startup loan was reasonable.

I love that we don't have any time to plan, too. Winging it is so much more interesting.
>> No. 38212
[x] Speak to Alice and Tenshi about teaching Chen and their offspring discipline.
[x] Speak to Chen about bringing her on a hunting trip - inquire if she is able to hunt and if not, if she wants to learn.
[x] Conduct research about locations where we can expect to find yukkuri clans too small to host specimens large enough to be dangerous.

That brings 'em to what? Nearly forty yukkuri in toto? Fuck, that is a lot.
>> No. 38213
>>38210
We might not need to.

Frank mentioned that a blob Tenshi could go for 200. Assuming a bad though improbable scenario where the price crashes and we manage to get 50 percent on each Tenshi, we can sell the entire lot for 300 once we train them up. Toss in the blob Chens and Alices and we might be able to raise that to 400.

Considering that 200 is 2 months' rent, that is a considerable sum - more than enough to purchase enough equipment to set up a food cart/vendor.

Why a food cart? Because we want to do a little learning before opening up a cafe and because we can use it to earn a little seed cash. We've no idea how to cook and purchasing finished products to resell is expensive because we incur mark-up costs. Since we're almost certain to pick up a surplus of common/useless AKA Marisa and Reimu yukkuri, we can use the ones that we cull as ingredients in food preparation. This way, the food cart cost us very little to run once the basic equipment is purchased, we cut down on expenses for feeding the yukkuri, and we can start training our yukkuri to cook.

In the meantime, we use the time to experiment on more complicated recipes, to train our yukkuri, and explore other business opportunities. While it's good to focus on a goal - the cafe - there's nothing to say that we need to tread a straight and steady road when there's nothing stopping us from exploring other opportunities. At the very least, we gain experience at running businesses and pick up the skills needed to run our desired business.
>> No. 38217
[x] Have the parents teach their kids whatever they're supposed to teach them. Manners first, then skills.
[x] Let the Reimu and Marisa know, no more kids.
[x] With so many blobs, you're going to need something for them to do. Consider or test their suitability for the following:
-[x] Pushing about carts of free refreshments or water for patrons to help themselves from.
-[x] Bringing or taking away menus from tables.
-[x] Being in a sort of yukkuri aquarium during the day, where guests can watch them playing and taking it easy.
-[x] Donating some of their fillings as flavoring - this goes extra for Tenshi.
[x] Make some powerpoints or something of your business model.

While going hunting sounds like a good idea, I really think it would be a better idea to focus on traps. It not only removes the unpredictability of a yukkuri, but also bypasses training time. With proper ingenuity, traps can probably also surpass a trained Chen in pretty much any respect.
>> No. 38218
[x] Speak to Alice and Tenshi about teaching Chen and their offspring discipline.
[x] Speak to Chen about bringing her on a hunting trip - inquire if she is able to hunt and if not, if she wants to learn.
[x] Conduct research about locations where we can expect to find yukkuri clans too small to host specimens large enough to be dangerous

Not sure we want to take our time with paying The Mafia off, but those decisions can some when Kahi gets around to giving us our loan and the price list.
>> No. 38221
[x] Have the parents teach their kids whatever they're supposed to teach them. Manners first, then skills.
[x] Let them know that, as soon as their kids (blobs) are well-thaught and somewhat adult, you will be selling them (only if the client seems like a good person, of course)
[x] Speak to Chen about bringing her on a hunting trip - inquire if she is able to hunt and if not, if she wants to learn.

If we hang on a day or two, we can start selling the Tenshi/Chen/Alices blobs and earn enough money for rent, food and all that.
As for the business... we'll actually need to ask the Yakuza for a place to rent. They can do their money laundering through our business, and we pay them rent and all that stuff each month)
>> No. 38223
[x] Have the parents teach their kids whatever they're supposed to teach them. Manners first, then skills.
[x] Let the Reimu and Marisa know, no more kids.
[x] With so many blobs, you're going to need something for them to do. Consider or test their suitability for the following:
-[x] Pushing about carts of free refreshments or water for patrons to help themselves from.
-[x] Bringing or taking away menus from tables.
-[x] Being in a sort of yukkuri aquarium during the day, where guests can watch them playing and taking it easy.
-[x] Donating some of their fillings as flavoring - this goes extra for Tenshi.
[x] Make some powerpoints or something of your business model.

Inventory: Blobs/Bodied
Marisa - 7/0
Reimu - 9/0
Alice - 0/2
Chen - 3/8
Tenshi - 6/8
Shanghai - 0/1
>> No. 38228
>>38221

>(only if the client seems like a good person, of course)

...You do realize the only reason someone would buy a blob is to eat it, right?
>> No. 38229
>>38228

Or as a way to enter this competion... or as pets... or for any of the purposes we ourselves may have thought up.
>> No. 38230
>>38228
That's like saying the only reason a farmer buys seeds for crops is to eat them immediately.
>> No. 38232
>>38213

An excellent idea. But while I'm not hugely for or against the Mafia crutch - as the meeting has been set up, regardless of however "nice" Frank thinks they are they are going to expect something from us.

We still need to meet them and getting the money for a food cart for those reasons should make a decent argument against a big commitment.
>> No. 38233
>>38228
Not necessarily they might take them for a pet.

Also
FRANK!
Fist shacking.jpg

Honestly though it might not be bad idea to get to know the local crime element. We don't have to be buddy buddy with them but it could be useful information for the future. Besides it's better to know who they are as well as possibly making good impression rather you then not knowing who they or worse make them dislike us.
I have the sneaking suspicion that the police aren't very strong here.

[x] Have the parents teach their kids whatever they're supposed to teach them. Manners first, then skills.
[x] Let the Reimu and Marisa know, no more kids.
[x] With so many blobs, you're going to need something for them to do. Consider or test their suitability for the following
-[x] Bringing or taking away menus from tables.
-[x] Being in a sort of yukkuri aquarium during the day, where guests can watch them playing and taking it easy.
-[x] Donating some of their fillings as flavoring - this goes extra for Tenshi.
[x] Make some powerpoints or something of your business model.
>> No. 38234
>>38233
I agree.

In a best case scenario, we acquire useful contacts but do not become beholden to them. Borrowing ensures that we become beholden to them and is bad both because it curtails our options and because it increases our costs. Indeed, at the moment we possess none of the skills needed to run a business and a sane businessman has no reason to bet on us - all we're good for at this point is as a money laundering front.

What I propose is this - rather than seeking funding, we use this meeting to try to build a buyer-seller relationship. Be honest and upfront - explain our lack of skills and why this means that the mob shouldn't invest in us. Instead, try to arrange a purchase of the equipment needed to start a food cart in 12 days' time with the implied promise of additional spending if our business starts picking up speed. For example, if we start our cafe, we rent one of their building and if we purchase large-scale equipment, we purchase it from them.

This way, we do not become beholden to the mob, the mob risks little to nothing, and we have the chance to benefit from one another. Of course, we'll need to tailor our pitch to suit the person meeting us, but I think this is our best course of action.
>> No. 38236
>>38234
Business 101.

Rule #1. You have to spend money to make money. Hence, it is best to spend other peoples money in order to make your own.

This is what all good businessmen do. This is also what most good con-men do too, just so you know, but this remains what all good businessmen do. They don't build with their money, they build with the money of others.
>> No. 38237
>>38236
You spend in order to produce revenues, that is true. Since most people do not possess enough resources on hand to start businesses on a whim, almost all entrepreneurs borrow cash in order to setup/expand their businesses, that is also true.

But creditors do not lend cash without expectation of profit.

Consider our situation - we've no experience in running a business much less a restaurant, no experience with restaurants in general, and no understanding of the skills needed to run a business such as accounting and resource management. Furthermore, we're about to start a kind of business that is notorious for failure in a business environment where we're about to be deluged with competitors. We're almost a textbook example of a business startup that's doomed to crash and burn.

At present, we've an ambition without a plan and no resources other than three untrained yukkuri and a pile of untrained newborns. If we were to meet a banking representative tomorrow with a honest assessment of our situation, we'd be laughed out if not outright thrown out. The man we'll be meeting tomorrow will be no different and if he offers us cash, it'll be because he has ulterior motives.

I don't mind dealing with the mob in this case and I don't mind starting a cafe, but I do mind trying to run before we can even crawl. It's simply more prudent that we build a relationship with the mob, establish our trustworthiness as a business client across our learning period, and if needed, secure a loan on probably better terms once we're truly prepared to start the cafe.

Securing a loan now is rather like a ko-Marisa leaping off of a ledge to get to a piece of fruit - except not as funny because we'd be the ko-Marisa in that scenario whose foot just burst open to smear our innards across half the floor.
>> No. 38238
>>38237
True. That said though, sometimes just knowing the right people and having the right pitch is enough to get the idiots to throw cash your way regardless of how potentially stupid your idea may be. Just ask Donald Trump.
>> No. 38239
>>38238
Ha ha, Trump is . . . Trump, an exceptional existence with nigh-unparalleled capabilities in persuading businesspeople to do stupid, stupid things.

That aside, we've no information on our contact and it's best to hold off on our decision until we meet him or her and have a little time to test the waters. Until then, I believe it better if we overestimate rather than underestimate the contact's intelligence.
>> No. 38240
OK, completely unrelated to the current topic being discussed, but just now I remembered something that miiiight be important.

Do you guys remember that baby Reimu we out on a bottle? The one calling John a slave and being rude and all? Remember what she said when we picked her up?

>"CHO GET MUNCH-MUNCH RIGHD NOW, AND PUD WEIBU BACK DOWN, WEIBU DOEJN'D WANNA FLY IN DE SKY, JUSD BRING FOOD AND-"

Yeah, this should hint that at least that Reimu can fly. The adult Reimu we have have not shown any sings of being able to fly, since, you know, it hasn't done that yet, nor has it spoken about such ability. We should talk to her, and see if the well behaved Reimus can fly. If not, well, we better find another way of educating that baby Reimu.
>> No. 38241
>>38240
...No, they don't fly. It's just a variation of what they say when they're picked up.
>> No. 38243
>>38240
>>38241 has it pretty much correct. To elaborate, yukkuris often say "It's like flying in the sky" when suspended in the air.

However, Reimus are sometimes depicted as able to fly by flapping their ribbons as wings, but this would probably be a well-known fact due to the commonness of Reimus and thus taken into account with their enclosure. As far as I'm aware, there is no roof to the crib.
>> No. 38244
[x] Have the parents teach their kids whatever they're supposed to teach them. Manners first, then skills.
[x] Let the Reimu and Marisa know, no more kids unless you give the okay.
[x] With so many blobs, you're going to need something for them to do. Consider or test their suitability for the following:
-[x] Pushing about carts of free refreshments or water for patrons to help themselves from.
-[x] Bringing or taking away menus from tables.
-[x] Donating some of their fillings as flavoring - this goes extra for Tenshi and the buris.
[x] Consider the young's suitability for being in a sort of yukkuri aquarium during the day, where guests can watch them playing and taking it easy.
[x] See about getting a collar for your Shanghai.
[x] Get some cribs for the other litters. Allowing them free reign of your apartment will only end in misery.
[x] Make some powerpoints or something of your business model.

Allowing the blobs to play while we have the bodies work will probably incite conflict, even if we explain the reasoning behind it. If we do do something like it, we should put the kids who are are too young to work there. They're going to have downtime where they play anyway, may as well convert it into an attraction.
>> No. 38245
We'll need to start deciding on more permanent arrangements for our yukkuri once our planning for this meeting is completed. It would be bad if one of our newly acquired Alices were in the same creche as the rest and turned out to be of the more . . . lustful variant.
>> No. 38246
>>38245
Yeah I have no idea if a "non rapist type" has in giving birth to more non-rapists.
>> No. 38247
>>38246
It depends on the individual artist/writer and his or her creation/interpretation of existing material. Despite the vague impressions created by the limited and rather porous yukkuri wiki, there is no one single set of hard rules underlying the yuukuri fandom.

Being careful hurts less than a potential raper Alice raping our valuable merchandise to death, or worse, a raper Alice turning other Alices into the same through proximity and then raping all of our merchandise to death.
>> No. 38248
Does every black person like fried chicken? Does every Asian person suck as driving? Anon needs to stop being prejudice against poor Alice.

Life, like writing, is about evolution and change. Nobody appreciates your perpetuation of these silly stereotypes.
>> No. 38250
>>38248
>It's fine to leave a lion penned in with your cattle, they're just stereotyped and won't eat them or anything.

I can't think of a polite way to say this, so here it is. You're an idiot.
>> No. 38251
>>38248
Kahi appears to be using data that roughly matches large parts of the wiki to determine how yukkuri act. As such we must presume the rest of the data is also accurate for now. And it's not like the MC didn't see what a depraved Alice could do if we left her alone with the rest for a few hours at some point.
>> No. 38254
>>38250
Yes, Except this Alice-type from what we can infer isnt a rapist, but instead lets out its sexual urges in another way. If you dont know what said other way is, go back and read the story before making baseless assumptions. All the yukkuris have been trained to hell and back, I'm pretty sure they wont forget that training in a day, let alone a lifetime.

Speaking of, i've been meaning to make this a vote but it doesnt really fit well, But how long is it until a yukkuri dies of old-age, if it ever does?
>> No. 38257
>>38254
>All the yukkuris have been trained to hell and back
What are you basing this on? The only yukkuri we currently have that are trained are the three we got from the factory. If you're talking about yukkuri coming out of the factory, that's true, but we've hit our limit on those. If you're talking about yukkuri as a whole, hahahaha nope.

Sure, one of the Alices we have has been trained, but what about the newborn? We don't know how long the the training takes (up to three weeks, as that's the age of the collared Alice), and it only takes ten days for a yukkuri to reach adulthood.

I'll admit that I was being a bit hasty in insulting you, but >>38245 had mentioned new Alices, so I thought you were referring to them, or the species as a whole, instead of our trained Alice.

While we're on the subject of assumptions, we don't know that the Alice is letting out its urges by crawling into our bed at night. I personally find it highly doubtful, as training can apparently even get them to accept names other than their intrinsic ones. Also, it's a bit silly to tell someone to read past posts, then ask a question that's been answered in them.

They don't die of old age,by the way. They just keep growing larger and larger. They do it proportionally though, so a collar around the neck of a bodied type will keep its whole body at a certain size.
>> No. 38258
>>38254
I'm not concerned about the bodied Alice, but rather its offspring. Non-rapist Alices can sire/produce rapist Alices and in the scarier settings, the influence of rapist Alices can even influence undecided Alices into becoming rapist Alices.

In regards to the second question, yukkuri tend not to live long because of their frailties and sheer incompetence. But it seems that in most settings unless the yukkuri succumbs to wounds, illness, or stress, there is no hard limit on either its age or size unless one is set up. A lot of stories also create a sharp distinction between the biggest and fattest yukkuri and a refinement called dosu-yukkuri. Dosu-yukkuri stand at adult human height or more, possess supernatural capabilities based on their nature (ex. Marisa dosu-yukkuri can fire dos-sparks), and serve as leaders of yukkuri clans in the wild. In certain stories, it is also possible for yukkuri to become human-shaped youkai as opposed to remaining strange little possessed bun things that likely also qualify as being youkai, albeit of a low and unimpressive sort.
>> No. 38260
>>38257
I was talking about the yukkuri from the factory, but you do drive a good point.
>> No. 38268
File 132262539435.png - (188.08KB , 818x818 , 8ed3b92305f7d77f94e4f856c5d35b199a71ce38.png ) [iqdb]
38268
After a little while has passed, you go and fill up another plate of cereal.

.... How many of these bags did you buy, three? Yeah, three, and two jugs of juice. Well, you've already gone through the first sack. Somehow, you had expected that to last longer than it did. You'll have to look into even cheaper foods, at some point. Hopefully something'll last longer.

Well, it'll last you another couple of days, you guess. You bring it in, and the newborns make noises of excitement at it.. it's just some kind of grain flakes.

"Chen. I need to ask you something. Do you think you can hunt?" You ask, quietly.

"Mrr... Chen isn't used to outside." She answers, after a moment of thought. "... But Chen can smell things good. Maybe."

"... That's a little more uncertain than I was hoping for." You admit.

"Chen can't help it, nya...." She muses, then perks up. "Oh! Chen smelled something before, though... Chen can't remember what."

"Do you think you can find it again?" You ask, interest rising.

Chen looks a little uncertain, but then nods and rises, babies ignoring her for the moment to eat as she makes her way around the apartment. She stops after a minute, a little away from the window. There's a slight chink where it doesn't set just perfectly against the wall, and the sealant has worn away over the years, letting in a tiny draft. Not even noticable unless you stand in just the right place, and then only barely. She nods.

"Here, smell from outside. Yukkuri." She says, nodding, then frowns. "Chen... can't tell what kind."

"That's fine." You say, rubbing her head anyway.

This high up... it would have to be some kind that isn't at all worried about falling, at the very least. Well, it's something to look into.

"Well, it'll be a couple of days before we try a hunting trip, but we'll see how things go then." You say.

Chen yawns, but she's purring a little as she heads back to her children.... right.

"You two." You say, getting the alley denizen's attention. "No more babies unless I say so. Got it?"

Reimu agrees right away with your verdict, though Marisa seems kind of unsatisfied. She submits, though.

.... From what you can tell, classes have already begun. Seems like a lot of things the breeds are inclined to just say, declarations that something is 'easy', 'uneasy', or 'city-sect', or that they 'get' or 'don't get' something, have been trained out of the mothers by the factory, to be replaced with speech patterns more closely resembling normality, and a somewhat expanded vocabulary. ... You guess it would have been really annoying, to hear the same thing constantly repeated all the time like that. The kids don't seem to really catch on immediately, though. Well, you guess they'll learn quickly enough, and it doesn't seem like any of them are refusing to listen.

Alice looks a little distressed though, as the groups have temporarily divided up into Chen teaching Chen things, Tenshi to Tenshi, and leaving Alice with only one child to focus on. It does seem like the most logical division though, as each would know best, it's just odd chance that left her with so little to do.

You take a moment to sit down again, and think deeply about utility, with education seeming to be in good enough hands for the moment.

Carts... no, the issue is still with the bouncing. Any motion it could get would be jerky, and if there were glasses set on top, then they would be likely to fall over and spill. Carts are an idea, maybe, but not with cups of water on them.

Bringing things shouldn't be a hassle, though, as long as they don't chew them up, or slobber all over them. Menus should be fine. Yeah, that's a possibility.

For less active roles, they could always donate filling as flavor... maybe. You aren't sure bean-paste is a big thing with sweets-eaters. Tenshi-filling should work out okay in theory, though, and you seem to have a surplus of them... you'll have to be careful in figuring out exactly how much they can spare, though. They can reconstitute it all, as long as you don't accidentally kill them with harvesting. The thought is a little... unsettling, though, even if you have orange juice on hand in case of accidents. Just keeping them on hand to drain of filling and let it come back over and over... it makes you feel like some kind of bizarre pastry-vampire.

Well, Tenshi might enjoy it. ... Or she might hate the thought. She wasn't exactly pleased about Frank tasting... well, 'her', when she'd apparently intended it for you.

... That has some very odd overtones, now that you consider it. Yeah, probably best to stop thinking about it, at that.

But anyway, less direct still, you suppose you could put a bunch in tanks or something. Lots of places have aquariums set up so diners can watch the fish while they eat. .... Fish can't get in an argument with you, though, or start howling obscenities. That's probably not going to be an issue, but it's a valid point. Well, it's an idea, though.

That set aside, your thoughts drift back to the hunting plan. There's any variety of different wilderness regions in the City Area, a lot of which are pretty haphazardly placed and which you wouldn't expect to be so close to one another. There's forest, grasslands, mountains, and other things, of course. There's also that big chunk of tundra, and a fair stretch of sandy desert, right by a fairly large lake, and rivers from nowhere, to nowhere. You recall there was mentioned to be a large swath of tropical rainforest...

In essence, every possible sort of surrounding area had kind of been mashed together into the City surroundings. You guess there would be better luck looking in some areas than others, you can't imagine finding too much in the desert region, for example.

Anyway, you should probably make a thing. Use one of those programs, to make a slide show, showing the details of your business plan.

... Your business plan consists of four steps. Collect Yukkuri. This one has a tentative check mark next to it, but should probably be repeated as necessary. Start a Cafe, which you need money to do. Whichever things need to be done to properly run that cafe. You aren't entirely sure what that will entail, but you can safely lump it all into the same nebulous step. And the final, most important stage, profiting from your endeavors.

In summary:

1- Yukkuri
2- Cafe
3- ???
4- Profit.

..... You aren't entirely sure that that will pass muster with legitimate lenders, come to think of it, or how you'll bluff any decent presentation out of it. It might actually be better to speak to illegitimate ones. Not a good idea, mind you, but a 'better' one...

Tenshi is looking at you hopefully from the bedroom door, you notice. Riding crop in hand.

---

6:27 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 38269
[x] Ask Frank about the mob and our contact in particular - are there points of etiquette and conduct that we should keep in mind?
[x] Ask our Alice about keeping watch on her children to ensure that neither is a rapist.
[x] Prepare the arguments and counter-arguments for our plan using Frank's information - keep in mind that this is more informal than most business meetings and that we should be more 'fluid' than normal in our manner.
-[x] Our aim is to build a purchaser-supplier relationship - we do not need to secure a loan at present but we do want the mob to see us as a potential client/business partner.*
-[x] See if we can secure the mob's assistance as a medium of exchange through which we can purchase equipment and supplies and find purchasers for some of our more interesting specimens.
-[x] Negotiate a contract to purchase a food cart once the first two weeks of the competition is up.**

* We want to wait until we've built up a business relationship because we might be able to secure better loan terms later and because we can't use the cash to start a business until we've trained our bodied yukkuri.
** We need that much time because we want a shot at Yukari's bonus. We should be able to hit multiple hundreds through selling our mature blob yukkuri, enough to present us with a shot at her bonus prize and enough to purchase the equipment to start our initial business.
>> No. 38270
[x] Punish Tenshi. Thoroughly.

Plans later. Tenshi now.
>> No. 38271
>1- Yukkuri
>2- Cafe
>3- ???
>4- Profit.

I laughed way more than I probably should have at that. Bravo.

Anyway, votes.

[x] Have Alice teach the baby Marisa and Reimu.
-[x] Include the adults in the classes too, if you can convince them. It'll be like that one musical.
[x] Punish Tenshi. If she thinks the young should be punished as a reward for learning well, do that too.
[x] As of yet, the only two flying breeds you've seen are incredibly rare and a predator. Check to make sure the yukkuri outside can't get in.
-[x] Climb out window to check on the type yourself if feasible. Have Frank nearby to prevent any yukkuri going out the window, and to grab ones that may possibly enter.
[x] Make Frank come up with a pitch.
>> No. 38272
>>38270
So . . . we spoil her instead of establishing a fair system of rewards and punishments? If we must punish her, at least wait until night after she has completed her assigned task of teaching her offspring.

As for getting Frank to create our pitch, his assistance would be valuable but since we're the one delivering it, we're going to need to be at least as involved as he is in creating it.
>> No. 38273
[x] Have Alice teach the baby Marisa and Reimu.
-[x] Include the adults in the classes too, if you can convince them. It'll be like that one musical.
[x] Punish Tenshi and her young if they did a good job of teaching and learning, respectively.
-[x] Go easier on the babies.
[x] As of yet, the only two flying breeds you've seen are incredibly rare and a predator. Check to make sure the yukkuri outside can't get in.
-[x] Climb out window to check on the type yourself if feasible. Have Frank nearby to prevent any yukkuri going out the window, and to grab ones that may possibly enter.
[x] Make Frank come up with a pitch.

>>38272 has a good point; I say we establish right now a reward/lack-of-punishment system that Tenshi and her young can pick up on. We're not beating her for pleasure; it should reward applied effort.
>> No. 38274
>>38272
Must? I could not be more okay with spoiling her as often as she wants.
>> No. 38275
>>38269
>** We need that much time because we want a shot at Yukari's bonus. We should be able to hit multiple hundreds through selling our mature blob yukkuri, enough to present us with a shot at her bonus prize and enough to purchase the equipment to start our initial business.
This seems like a sound plan, but I'm not sure the nature of the giveaway has been revealed yet. Also, a food cart is probably going to be done by hundreds of people, driving profits down way low. Plus, real estate is cheap because the City can support way more people than are currently living there.

As for the amazing high-wire yukkuri, here are some possibilities, and my recommendations:
-Remilia. Flying. Predator, will attempt to destroy non-sweet food. Exterminate.
-Flandre. Flying. Predator, impales yukkuri on spikes. Exterminate.
-Mystia. Flying. Likes to sing. Keep.
-Iku. Like high places. Non-lethal electricity. Keep.
-Kogasa. Use umbrella like Mary Poppins. Immune to rain because umbrella. Keep.
-Daiyousei. Flying. Polite, good with Cirnos. Keep.

There are a few other possibilities that wouldn't mind being so high up, but those are either extremely rare, or unlikely to be able to get up there in the first place.
>> No. 38276
[x] Have Alice teach the baby Marisa and Reimu.
-[x] Include the adults in the classes too, if you can convince them. It'll be like that one musical.
[x] Punish Tenshi and her young if they did a good job of teaching and learning, respectively.
-[x] Go easier on the babies.
[x] As of yet, the only two flying breeds you've seen are incredibly rare and a predator. Check to make sure the yukkuri outside can't get in.
-[x] Climb out window to check on the type yourself if feasible. Have Frank nearby to prevent any yukkuri going out the window, and to grab ones that may possibly enter.
[x] Make Frank come up with a pitch.

Sorry little Tenshi-tachi, but you have to be good to be punished.

...shit, this is going to get so confusing, even if I am weeaboo enough to grok -tachi as the group associated with the named person it's attached to.
>> No. 38277
[x] Have Alice teach the baby Marisa and Reimu.
-[x] Include the adults in the classes too, if you can convince them. It'll be like that one musical.
[x] Punish Tenshi and her young if they did a good job of teaching and learning, respectively.
-[x] Go easier on the babies.
[x] As of yet, the only two flying breeds you've seen are incredibly rare and a predator. Check to make sure the yukkuri outside can't get in.
-[x] Climb out window to check on the type yourself if feasible. Have Frank nearby to prevent any yukkuri going out the window, and to grab ones that may possibly enter.
[x] Make Frank come up with a pitch.

Seems reasonable.
>> No. 38278
>>38272

She just gave brith to a tone of babies. She deserves a reward.

[x] Punish Tenshi for being a good girl (what)
[x] Make Frank come up with a pitch.
[x] Go check what is the yukkuri Chen sniffed out. With her, if needed.

I'm really curious about what did Chen smell. We should first take a look at it, and then decide to take it with us, if it's a good one, or just leave it/smash it, if it's an unwanted type.
>> No. 38279
>>38275
Good point, though in truth, the main reason that I wanted to purchase a food cart is to use it to teach/experiment. We could use it to test our recipes, teach our bodied yukkuri to cook and handle customers, and to teach ourselves to run a business. Consider it a test run of sorts.
>> No. 38280
>>38279

Thing is, we will be dealing with th mob tomorrow. Why the fuck would the mafia spend time and money so someone with not enough life experience can buy a food cart? Food cart without drugs, by the way, just a perfectly normal food cart.

At least a cafe they can use to do some proper money laundering.
>> No. 38281
>>38280
Barring circumstances that remain unknown to us at present, the single reason that might see the mob to lend us cash is to use us as a front for some other operation. Some other operation that paints a big bright red target on our collective ass because we're meant to be disposable if trouble comes sniffing around. And to be frank, I doubt even that reason would convince the mob to lend us money because we'd make for a terrible front for much the same reasons that we're a bad business investment.

What I want to do is to build a business relationship with the mob that cause them to see us as being profitable, something that we might be able to use later on to secure a loan with better terms. We start small by presenting them with a chance to profit that has minimal risk - because we can sell enough blob yukkuri to cover the cost so long as we negotiate the right time-frame for the transaction and even if we default, we can use the same as collateral. Once we complete the transaction, we demonstrate that we can back up our promises with action and we continue to build on that by conducting more transactions for bigger sums. This way, we gain access to the mob both as a medium of exchange and build our reputation/relationship with them until we can secure better loan terms later on.

In short, I prefer that we defer loan negotiations until we consolidate our position enough that we're in a better position vis-a-vis the mob. Because otherwise, we will end up a puppet with their hand up our rear if we negotiate for a loan right this instant.
>> No. 38282
>>38281
One important correction, I've mistaken food carts for food booths. Starting a food booth is better because it is cheaper and temporary. We give it a name and logo before using it to teach our Alice to cook and to deal with customers. Once the cafe starts up, we transfer its operations and customer base to the cafe. This way, we can start preparing for the cafe by building its customer base even before we open the cafe.
>> No. 38284
>>38278
Normally I would agree with you, but:
>Tenshi actually seems to be delighted by the process of birth. The whole masochism thing, you guess.

>>38282
That actually sounds like a pretty good plan, assuming the cafe needs a while to get set up. I'd prefer to get the cafe up and running immediately, though.
>> No. 38285
>>38283

That's completely different. That was something regardless of will. A side effect inflicted by something Tenshi did. Like you buying something you really wanted by yourself.

This time it's something concious and controlled. It's about being rewarded by the one who dictates her life, after she obediently followed his commands. Like receiving that awesome candy/toy/thing from your parents when you're a good kid.

You can also think of the first as masturbation, while the second is wild sex/delicious love with that special someone.
>> No. 38286
>>38284
Once we secure the loan, we can rent the building, purchase the equipment, renovate the building, and then come to a crashing halt because our labor is untrained. Alice is our most experienced and her experience is limited to cooking a small selection of recipes unrelated to cafe food. Furthermore, although we can handle both register and kitchen, our three bodied yukkuri are occupied at the moment by parenting and possess none of the skills needed to waitress. We can design our processes to accommodate some their deficiencies (ex. teaching them to memorize orders rather than writing the orders on paper due to their illiteracy) but it'll be difficult to do that without invalidating the entire point of using yukkuri maid-waitresses.

It's not that I don't want to start the cafe this instant, it's that we can't. Setting up our cafe this instant means we earn no revenue but incur expenses while we spend the time training our labor. Considering that the cafe also needs time to build up a customer base big enough to sustain it, we'll need a lot of funds to last through that initial stretch.

Setting up a food booth (I made a mistake suggesting a food cart because I thought it was a little cart thing that could be pushed using manual labor) helps us in a number of matters. One is that we can use it to practice running our cafe, second is that we can use it to teach Alice to cook and to handle customers, third is that we can use it to build a customer base to be transferred to our cafe once it opens, fourth is that food booths are cheap and impermanent, and fifth is that we can purchase our cooking equipment and then transfer it to our cafe once that is being set up.

I understand that we will see significant competition in running a food booth (though we will also face that competition in running a cafe), but I believe that our costs will be low enough to produce a profit. We do this through using the otherwise useless Marisa and Reimu yukkuri as our ingredients. Since terrified yukkuri come with their own seasoning, we wouldn't even need to purchase other ingredients.

>>38285
I was against 'punishing' Tenshi up until it was mentioned that she had undergone birth. As it is, I'm for it so long as we also reward Alice and Chen in some manner. Doing otherwise would be unfair and unfairness can cause discipline problems later on.
>> No. 38287
>>38286
I like your plan, except for one thing which I'll address later in this post. While I was under the impression that we'd be having us or Frank do the cooking, having the yukkuris know how to cook would still be helpful in that they could serve as assistant chefs. Either way is fine, assuming the yukkuri have enough memory to remember a decent number of recipes.

My one problem with your plan is that the factory sells food-grade yukkuri for about one Money a dozen. We won't be able to compete in the Yukkuri-as-food business and would be better off selling the kind of stuff we'll be selling in our cafe.
>> No. 38288
>>38287
Heh, that's the problem with the little critters - most are stupid, ignorant, and all too prone to poor conduct. It'll be a pain to teach them to act against their instincts but in a best case scenario, we want them to fill all possible positions so that Frank and the MC can act as troubleshooters and conduct unrelated matters.

Regarding the main issue, I don't think that our little enterprise will be competing with the Factory. Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but I was under the impression that the Factory sells packaged products and ingredients that other food businesses use in cooking. Since we'll be selling fresh food plus a small selection of snacks and drinks, we aren't in competition for the same reason that doughnut shops aren't in competition with Hostess.

Of course, that does raise the question of why we're bothering to raise the Marisa and Reimu at all. They're utterly useless and we might be able to supply our kitchens at cheaper prices through the Factory. We'll need a bit more data to run a price comparison but it's certainly something to think about.
>> No. 38289
>>38288
It's not so much that we're directly competing with the Factory as that since the supply price is so low, other food vendors can charge 2 Money a dozen for yukkuri snacks and make a tidy 100% profit before costs, not to mention they already have a customer base and knowledge of how to cook yukkuri.

In my opinion, we should focus on our draw: yukkuri workers serving regular food.

As for why we should keep the Reimu and Marisa, I'd say it's because they're the 'face' of yukkuri, like Pikachu is for Pokemon.

Plus, we can breed some with bodies later and have them help out. The breeds themselves aren't useless, after all, Alice don't have any special features except for a predilection towards raping and we've got one that can read and follow recipes. They just need to be trained.
>> No. 38290
>>38289
I'm not entirely quite sure what you were trying to say in the first sentence, except that we're up against more experienced and pre-established competition if we sell yukkuri as food. If I'm mistaken, apologies in advance. My response to your point is that we're going to be up to our eyeballs in more experienced and established competition no matter what we put on our menu because we decided to start a business in one of the most ridiculously prone-to-failure industries out there. I don't think offering yukkuri food is going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back and if anything, I'd prefer a combination of yukkuri and non-yukkuri foods on our menu.

As for Marisa and Reimu, considering that the City runs regular yukkuri exterminations, I don't think them being the 'face' of yukkuri is going to be a positive point. You're right that bodied Marisas and Reimus can be useful, but they're no more so than any other yukkuri. At least Alices can be put to use in mass-producing yukkuri and have more uses in cooking due to their custard filling.

To be honest, if I had free rein at this moment, I'd research artificial insemination methods, extract Tenshi's filling, and then use it to impregnate both the Marisa and the Reimu. That way, we might be able to pick up one or two bodied Marisas and Reimus and more importantly, more Tenshis. Considering that a mature blob Tenshi goes for 200M, that's probably going to be our best revenue source for our start-up period, particularly since their rarity is going to slow down market over-saturation.
>> No. 38291
It's always hilarious to compare /th/ "discussions" to non-/th/ discussions.
>> No. 38292
>>38291
Hilarious in what way?
>> No. 38293
File 132270731725.jpg - (105.54KB , 500x464 , e778422b0c45bb114898e980ee8800f0.jpg ) [iqdb]
38293
You rise. Tenshi looks eager, then sags a little as you pass her by.

"Alice." You say quietly, drawing her aside as you enter the bedroom. "I'd like you to try to teach the Reimu and Marisa, too. Do you think you can do that for me? All of them."

She looks uncertain for a moment. But then she nods.

"Alice will try." She decides, looking determined.

All right then. In any case, you passed over a blurb where someone claimed Tenshi's blatant masochism 'can disturb' other Yukkuri. You don't know how big of a grain of salt to take that with, but there's no harm in taking care.

"Everyone not a Tenshi, go play in the living room now." You instruct, and ruffle the mother's hair as she perks up, others making their way out. Some assistance is needed to get the infants down from the bed, but Chen and Alice have things well in hand.

"So, have you all done well?" You ask, taking the crop in hand.

"Yes! Tenshi taught to not break things, or beg!" She says, excitedly.

... You guess there aren't that many verbal quirks the breed is prone to to begin with.

"Alright, then. What do you say when you want to be hurt?" You ask the children.

.... They look puzzled for a moment, and then one of the bodied ones perks up. You think it might be the one with parental confusion from before.

"Pleaje, huwt Tenchi, Michter!" She says.

"That's right~" You answer, leaning down to pinch at her cheek.

She look ecstatic about the pinch. ... Your collared Tenshi, by contrast, suddenly looks kind of jealous.

"Tenshi can deal with babies." She says, hurriedly.

"Oh? Are you worried that these cute little girls will steal me away from you?" You tease.

... She's biting her lip. Huh. You release the infant's cheek.

"No need to worry. It's time for your reward, now." You say, flicking the crop slightly and sending the tip whistling through the air. "Are you ready?"

She pulls the dress off quickly, rapidly regaining her excitement. You aren't sure how to think of the sudden insecurity she's showing, so you try to compensate with thoroughness, covering her back with a latticework of crossing red welts. After a moment's contemplation of the work, you flip her over.

Her back arches, and she gasps, even with the softness of the mattress, as it presses against the entire near-grid all at once. A flick brings the crop across her stomach, though, and she falls back down, twitching, as you start going over her belly and chest.

By the time you're through, Tenshi is panting, eyes glazed, and drooling a little from the corner of her wide smile as her leg twitches.

'Any time Master wants...' echoes through your head, as you realize you've entered an unfortunate state of your own. '... just push Tenshi down, and jam~'

You cut off the paraphrased mental quote, having misgivings about the wide-eyed and obviously impressed infants watching the whole thing, on top of the fact that Frank is right there in the next room, and turn instead to enter the bathroom. Have you showered today? Yes, you have. You can do with another one, though. A cold one. Very cold.

... You're pretty sure you aren't a sadist, but it's also pretty obvious that she really enjoys things. That could be a part of it. Or you might just be in denial. You really aren't sure, but either way, you spend a long time under a stream of ice-cold water before you towel your hair dry and put your clothes back on.

Right, you should try and see what the outside-yukkuri is, now. It's kind of dark by this point, but you go ahead and stick your head out to peer around... you can't see anything out of place. Maybe you should try tomorrow, though, or see if you can hunt down the landlord and see if you can get a key to get up to the roof and look down from the top. You're pretty high up, so you don't really want to stick yourself any further out of the window than this, or you could fall.

You step back in, closing the window up tight and make sure to lock it when you're done.

It looks like Alice is having some difficulty in forcing un-related yukkuri to bend to her will, as they don't grasp why they should change their speech patterns so suddenly, to something that doesn't, to them, make as much sense. And Frank is pulling on his jacket, stuffing a phone in his pocket.

"Got a call just now, Johnny, gotta run." He says, hurriedly. "Lady I know needs a favor right away, moving a heavy couch around. You good to watch these girls by yourself for a few hours?"

"Uh, that shouldn't be a problem, but-"

"Great!" He says, interrupting you as he picks up his copy of the key and steps out. "I should be back after a while. Not sure exactly when. Maybe a little after midnight."

The door closes, and you blink slowly. By the time you spur yourself into motion and step out into the hall, Frank is already gone.

... leaving you to think up some plan to deal with the mafia on your own.

You kind of want to punch him in the face, now. It's late, though, and with him not present to actually punch in the face, your ire cools fast.

---

8:40 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 38297
[x] Reward the Alice and the Chen in some manner for birthing such fine children - perhaps a sweet of some sort?
[x] Research the mob, its presence, and its activities in the City using the computer.
[x] Prepare our proposal using our research - there is no need to prepare notes but we will need to be able to answer questions about our activities in a fluid and practiced manner.
-[x] Our aim is to build a purchaser-supplier relationship through conducting transactions with the mob before attempting to secure a loan later.
-[x] Prepare to negotiate the right to purchase supplies and equipment through the mob and to sell interesting items through the same.
-[x] Research equipment prices and then prepare to negotiate a contract to purchase the equipment needed to set up a food booth in two weeks' time.
>> No. 38298
[x] Reward the Alice and the Chen in some manner for having kids like you told them to - perhaps a sweet of some sort?
[x] Research the mob, its presence, and its activities in the City using the computer.
[x] Prepare our proposal using our research - there is no need to prepare notes but we will need to be able to answer questions about our activities in a fluid and practiced manner.
-[x] Our aim is to build a purchaser-supplier relationship through conducting transactions with the mob.
-[x] Plan to negotiate a contract to purchase the equipment to set up a cafe now in two weeks.
[x] If you can contact your landlord by phone, do that and ask him for access to the roof.
[x] Join an internet dating site or at least look up actual human pornography on your computer.
[x] While doing the above, try to stay near Alice's class so you can break things up if the pupils are too unruly. If everybody pays attention, put powdered sugar on their next meal.
>> No. 38299
[x] Reward the Alice and the Chen in some manner for birthing such fine children - perhaps a sweet of some sort?
[x] Research the mob, its presence, and its activities in the City using the computer.
[x] Prepare our proposal using our research - there is no need to prepare notes but we will need to be able to answer questions about our activities in a fluid and practiced manner.
-[x] Our aim is to build a purchaser-supplier relationship through conducting transactions with the mob before attempting to secure a loan later.
-[x] Prepare to negotiate the right to purchase supplies and equipment through the mob and to sell interesting items through the same.
-[x] Research equipment prices and then prepare to negotiate a contract to purchase the equipment needed to set up a food booth in two weeks' time.
[x] If you can contact your landlord by phone, do that and ask him for access to the roof.
[x] Try to stay near Alice's class so you can break things up if the pupils are too unruly. If everybody pays attention, put powdered sugar on their next meal.

>>38298
The second to last bit of your vote is silly.
>> No. 38304
[x] Reward the Alice and the Chen in some manner for birthing - perhaps a sweet of some sort?
[x] If you can contact your landlord by phone, do that and ask him for access to the roof.
[x] Try to stay near Alice's class so you can break things up if the pupils are too unruly. If everybody pays attention, put powdered sugar on their next meal.
[x] Check the isolated Reimu. She's not supposed to die (yet), so put one or two grains in the bottle. If she's still ill behaved, punishment will be worse tomorrow.

I thinkt he blobs will only respond to John's presence.
>> No. 38309
um guys do you remember the part about how if young Yukkuri eat sweet stuff they have trouble ever eating none sweet stuff in the future.

[x] Reward the Alice and the Chen in some manner for birthing such fine children - perhaps a sweet of some sort?
[x] Research the mob, its presence, and its activities in the City using the computer.
[x] Prepare our proposal using our research - there is no need to prepare notes but we will need to be able to answer questions about our activities in a fluid and practiced manner.
-[x] Our aim is to build a purchaser-supplier relationship through conducting transactions with the mob before attempting to secure a loan later.
-[x] Research equipment prices and then prepare to negotiate a contract to purchase the equipment needed to set up a food booth in two weeks' time.
[x] If you can contact your landlord by phone, do that and ask him for access to the roof.
[x] Try to stay near Alice's class so you can break things up if the pupils are too unruly.

Something to consider for the future.
Remember what Sam trained our Yukkuri to be(Sex toys) That's the kind of thing the Mafia would probably be interested in. Sam also happens to be retiring soon. If we do well we might be able to get him to work for or with us. Even if we don't we still might be able to get him to till us how to train Yukkuri in the um sexual arts. Now I'm not saying we should start a Yukkuri brothel but maybe training a few here or there to sell/lease to the mafia.
>> No. 38310
addendum to the above
[x] Check the isolated Reimu. She's not supposed to die (yet), so put one or two grains in the bottle. If she's still ill behaved, punishment will be worse tomorrow.
>> No. 38311
>>38309

> That's the kind of thing the Mafia would probably be interested in

Whoa whoa whoa....not all of us enjoy having sex with "things" the size of 3 year olds. Please don't say such things so casually.
>> No. 38312
>>38309
If we venture into side business opportunities, I'd rather we do something that uses the yukkuri's own instincts and has broader appeal than that. For example, we acquire a bunch of Yuuka yukkuri and then hire them out as gardeners.
>> No. 38313
>>38309
Youse thinking us innocent guys here have some sick fetish for whats basically the head of a little girl only alive? Well... Howse about we come to an agreement, friend.

i'm not italian and wat is this
>> No. 38318
>... You're pretty sure you aren't a sadist, but it's also pretty obvious that she really enjoys things. That could be a part of it.
If Little Shop of Horrors has taught me anything, it's that real sadists hate masochists. We're clear.

I'm not sure why anyone expects to find useful information on the mob on the Internet, but whatever.
>> No. 38319
>>38318
It's a vote to get some basic in-setting information. Rumors, their name, their cultural make-up - that kind of thing.
>> No. 38321
>>38320
Remember that we'll need time to earn the cash to purchase the equipment and that the easiest method to earn cash available to us at the moment is selling mature blob Tenshis. Although we can start telling Frank to find customers for the Tenshis, it'll still take them a little less than two weeks to mature.

Regarding the booth, we can use it to teach our Alice to cook, rotate in other bodied yukkuri to teach them to handle customers, and practice running a business. If we still go hunting and pick up a smarter-than-normal Patchouli, we might even be able to train it to handle the register.
>> No. 38322
[x] Reward the Alice and the Chen in some manner for birthing - no candies, just praise for alice and catnip for cheen.
[x] Research prices for Tenshis, bodied and not. Check S&M sites.
[x] Research the mob, its presence, it's actual reliability, murder rate and its activities in the City using the computer.
[x] Prepare our proposal using our research - if you consider them to be somewhat reliable or not too eager to kill and bleed customers dry. if not CANCEL THE DEAL.
-[x] Our aim is to build a purchaser-supplier relationship through conducting transactions with the mob before attempting to secure a loan later.
-[x] Plan to see if you can purchase supplies and equipment through the mob.
-[x] Research equipment prices and then prepare to negotiate a contract to purchase the equipment needed to set up a food booth now.
[x] If you can contact your landlord by phone, do that and ask him for access to the roof.
[x] Try to stay near Alice's class so you can break things up if the pupils are too unruly.

No candy, no selling through them and no nothing if they aren't reliable.
>> No. 38324
File 132277953165.png - (277.96KB , 319x480 , 9c723d145bf24cf9324d4b89b595f1f6ea7db966.png ) [iqdb]
38324
Breakdown as of 'now'.

Assets:

Alice- Special training from Sam. Bodied. Something of a housewifely nature. Something of an obsession with personal usefulness. Very attached to John. Infants on the way, due sometime Day 3. Unsellable.
-Infant Shanghai- Born Day 3. Bodied.
-Infant Alice- Born Day 3. Bodied. Is unconvinced of John's lack of paternity.
-Infant Tenshi x3- Born Day 3. Blobs.
-Infant Tenshi x1- Born Day 3. Bodied. Uncertainty regarding parentage.
-Infant Tenshi x2- Born Day 3. Bodied.

Chen- Special training from Sam. Bodied. Personality similar to a lazy, affectionate house-cat. Thus far, little else to note. Infants due sometime Day 3. Unsellable.
-Infant Chen- Born Day 3. Blob.
-Infant Chen x2- Born Day 3. Bodied.
-Infant Tenshi x2- Born Day 3. Blobs.
-Infant Tenshi x2- Born Day 3. Bodied.

Tenshi- Special training from Sam. Bodied. Somewhat boisterous. Earnestly masochistic. Infants due sometime Day 3. Unsellable.
-Infant Tenshi- Born Day 3. Blob.
-Infant Tenshi x2- Born Day 3. Bodied.
-Infant Chen x2- Born Day 3. Blobs.
-Infant Chen x5- Born Day 3. Bodied.

Reimu- Collected from alleyway. Blob. Timid and easily startled, strongly wary of everything, but settling in. Not currently pregnant.
- Infant Reimu- Born early Day 2. Blob. Arrogant personality, self-centered. Troublesome child. Currently in The Jar.
- Infant Marisa x3- Born early Day 2. Blobs. No notable personality traits as yet.

Marisa- Collected from alleyway. Blob. Previously problematic and stubborn. Mental trauma has instilled some complacency. Yet to be seen if reversion will occur.
-Infant Marisa- Born late Day 2. Blob. Some deficiencies, due to mental trauma inflicted on Marisa Senior.
-Infant Reimu x2- Born late Day 2. Blobs. Similar deficiencies, same cause.
-Infant Reimu x1- Born late Day 2. Blob. Deceased. No profit/loss
-Infant Marisa x3- Born sometime early Day 3. No notable traits, as yet.
-Infant Marisa x1- Born early Day 3. Evidence points towards killing and eating a less mentally proficient sibling. Executed. No profit/loss
-Infant Reimu x3- Born early Day 3. No notable traits, as yet.

Ready Cash: 122M

Score: -210M

Notable Opposition: 'Lucky' Jack Racker- score: 4M

Notes:
- An event involving a 'Rare Giveaway' will occur on Day 14.
- You have an appointment with ??? of the MAFIA at AN ITALIAN EATERY NEARBY on Day 4, at NOON SHARP.
- Containers of Healthy Breakfast Cereal can be purchased for 2M a piece. Fascinatingly, will feed any reasonable number of yukkuri for about two days. Totally not just because I don't feel like mathing out volume vs ingestion times eating rate per day for every stage of growth and constantly recomputing.
- Jugs of Orange Juice can be purchased for 2M a piece.
>> No. 38327
>>38321
You're right, I forgot that the price Sam gave us was for fullgrown Tenshi. Deleted and revoting(again).

This is unrelated to anything, but our landlord might just want to exterminate the rooftop 'kuris, but if we explain we'd like to capture some of them, I don't see why he wouldn't let us try. Heck, we might be able to convince him to give us a free month of rent for neutralizing all of them, either through capture or death.

>>38309
You're right, eating sweet things young does make them cannibals. Forgot about that, so deleted and revoted. As an aside, you may want to take a refresher course in the use of punctuation, as your post is rather sparse.

[x] Reward the Alice and the Chen in some manner for birthing - praise for Alice and catnip for Chen.
[x] Research the mob, its presence, and its activities in the City using the computer.
[x] Prepare our proposal using our research - there is no need to prepare notes but we will need to be able to answer questions about our activities in a fluid and practiced manner.
-[x] Our aim is to build a purchaser-supplier relationship through conducting transactions with the mob before attempting to secure a loan later.
-[x] Plan to see if you can purchase supplies and equipment through the mob.
-[x] Research equipment prices and then prepare to negotiate a contract to purchase the equipment needed to set up a food booth in two weeks.
[x] If you can contact your landlord by phone, do that and ask him for access to the roof.
[x] Try to stay near Alice's class so you can break things up if the pupils are too unruly.

It's not like you really need to do much negotiation to purchase stuff from the mob, all we really should have to do is ask: "Hey, if you guys know of any cooking stuff that fell off the back of a truck, we'd be willing to take them off your hands."
>> No. 38329
>>38327
Yes, that seems to be an excellent idea and it doesn't hurt to ask the landlord. We can even prepare some bait that we can use to coax it to us in case we can't capture it using speed alone. And since there's a chance that it's a predator considering its habitat, isn't it nice that we still have an useless ko-Reimu on hand?

We might also want to bring along Chen to smell it out, though that could be a little dangerous depending on what's out there.
>> No. 38330
>>38324
Hey Kahi, this is crazy helpful, but might I suggest an Items heading, where we can see how many bags of cereal and such we have?
>> No. 38331
[x] Reward the Alice and the Chen in some manner for birthing - sex for Alice and catnip for Chen.
[x] Research the mob, its presence, and its activities in the City using the computer.
[x] Prepare our proposal using our research - there is no need to prepare notes but we will need to be able to answer questions about our activities in a fluid and practiced manner.
-[x] Our aim is to build a purchaser-supplier relationship through conducting transactions with the mob before attempting to secure a loan later.
-[x] Plan to see if you can purchase supplies and equipment through the mob.
-[x] Research equipment prices and then prepare to negotiate a contract to purchase the equipment needed to set up a food booth in two weeks.
[x] If you can contact your landlord by phone, do that and ask him for access to the roof.
[x] Try to stay near Alice's class so you can break things up if the pupils are too unruly.
>> No. 38333
New thread: >>38332