[Return]
Archived Thread

File 132063932361.jpg - (80.88KB , 850x690 , John.jpg ) [iqdb]
37553 No. 37553
You are an inhabitant of The City.

The city had a name, once. Nobody bothers with it any more, though. There's actually several different names, and the few people who care what it was before tend to spend their afternoons arguing with each other over which is legitimate: the 'truth'. They seem to enjoy themselves, and you suppose it fills the time, but you suspect that She went about and deliberately planted a lot of contradictory evidence, out of personal amusement, or simply to confuse the matter.

She being the Demon Queen. As the old people still theatrically call her, anyway. It's not like she's often seen, mostly she stays apart, simply watching to see what happens in The City. It's a very fortunate person who actually meets her face to face. Or a very unfortunate one. You suppose you're grateful enough to her for occasionally putting in trucks full of new technology, and for letting the Internet work. Mostly, anyway. Everything comes in, but nothing comes out: you can view things, but nothing escapes The City. How she managed that, you've no idea.

Well, it's not like you know what she did to take The City in the first place. Only that before, it was somewhere else, and now it's here. The pictures of the area aren't too different, aside from night-time shots of the sky. Endless fields of sparkling points of light, stars... Infinitely less creepy than the same sort of endless expanse of darkness, set with eyes. Sometimes they blink. Nobody you know really looks up at night, if they can avoid it.

In any case, the City is set in the center of a circle of fertile land some few hundred miles in radius. Rain falls, sometimes, to refill lakes, and streams carry the water off to the edge where it just... falls off. Spilling endlessly into the void. You're not a scientist, but if you had to guess then it would evaporate down there somewhere, and float back up, and that would be the source of the rain. Well, there's probably more to it, though. But in the wake of the Shift, when The City was first stolen, a lot of people abandoned the City entirely, living outside it in the wilderness. It wasn't a bad decision, you guess, with all the rioting that went on as people completely freaked out over the drastic change, but with the outside area also seeded with wildlife, it wasn't completely safe, either. Fortunately, it was also seeded with a lot of weird things, and if you were lucky, one would be nearby when an animal made an attack, and it was quickly discovered that almost any animal would rather attack one of them than a human. Not that they wouldn't get to both, sometimes. Just that the thing would be hit first.

Anyway, things settled down after a few years, and eventually returned to relative normality, though with a reduced population. Not all the ones who left the City came back inside it, choosing to instead build farms and raise crops and livestock for consumption. They were initially looked down upon for this decision, but later respected greatly, once the stores of food that had been brought along with the City ran out. It was a hard few years after that, but with a sudden upswing in the popularity of the farming business, things evened out, and only luxury food items need to be purchased from the Demon Queen.

... Ah, right. She sells things to The City, for Money. Not the older type of money. That all has become useless, as the stockpiled currency doesn't interest her. The only Money that matters anymore is what is worked for and earned by The City. It's basically just a shift in the local currency, when it comes down to it, though. But people exchange their Money around, the Demon Queen might put up a substantial amount of Money as the reward for a whimsical contest, or to the first to fulfill a specific request, though those are rare, or someone might take Money to the Mayor, one of two people you know of who have any means of direct communication with the Demon Queen, and have your name and request added to the list for the next shipment in, though those only happen once or maybe twice a year. But then that Money goes to the Demon Queen, who probably doesn't have any actual use for it anyway, aside from watching people jump through hoops for chunks of it. The other person is the Factory Manager, who runs a large and ominous seeming building some distance out of town. They raise and breed the rarer kinds of the more abnormal wildlife of the area inside, along with performing some nebulous 'experiments' that nobody ever really defines clearly on the commoner ones. Well, as it goes, you're probably as likely or more to see one of them as you are a normal animal. It seems like it's kept pretty deliberately at a close to 50-50 ratio: if the things outbreed animals, some nests might be stamped out and more of the animals appear, where if their populations get too low, the factory will suddenly release a number of surplus stock into the wild. Yeah, probably a deliberate decision, and things are that way because the Demon Queen likes them that way, and no other reason.

What does that have to do with you? A lot, actually. You're a resident of The City, after all. Your birthday has just swung around, and your parents delivered you on that day both a gift, and an ultimatum: all your things were going to be out of the house, yourself included, by tomorrow night. One way or another.

So now you're living in one of the many apartments of The City. You can't really complain. There's a lot of vacancies, as the population is still nowhere near the maximum the city can contain, so the owners of the buildings mostly let them go for cheap as they work a second job somewhere: side-income, and kind of negligible in most cases. Very few apartment buildings are actually full. Still, 100M a month for rent isn't bad.

Coincidentally: your birthday gift was actually an envelope with 100M inside, and a list of hotels. What a remarkable coincidence.

In any case, you did manage to pawn a lot of your junk, pruning it down, but that only netted you 300M by the end of things. It'll cost you about 100M a month to keep yourself fed... that's going to leave you with rent and food paid for this month, and next month, before your pockets are empty.

In short, you need to find a job. The farmers are always looking for spare hands, of course, either to help tend the fields and raise livestock, or to turn wildlife away from their fields. All of that... backbreaking labor, though. It's just not your thing. It's an option, you guess, but it's pretty close to a last, desperate gambit. It's not that you don't greatly respect the men and women that choose to live their lives providing food for everyone. It's just... not really the sort of thing you want to do with your life. There's not too many options you have available, though.

That's why the flyer your childhood friend, Frank, is waving in your face is of some interest to you.

"Ten thousand, man, ten thousand." He rambles, as you read the flyer.

There's an image of a terribly amused blonde woman with a parasol, none other than the Demon Queen herself. One of the disembodied heads prevalent around the countryside is sitting in her lap, and the emblazoned number at the bottom is, indeed, 10,000M. It's one of the occasional jump-through-hoops things that she does.

"And we can do this one. We can do this one, Johnny boy!" He says, eagerly clasping your shoulder. "Any shmuck off the street could probably do this one!"

"A whole lot will probably be trying." You point out. "And there's only the one prize. Second Place gets nothing in these things."

"Yeah, yeah. You worry too much, Johnny. But this is the break you've been looking for!"

You skim through the rules again, frowning.

"Victory to be determined by the most profitable Yukkuri business venture, calculated at... six months from now. Well, the Demon Queen doesn't expect much, does she." You say. "Hell does 'Yukkuri business venture' even mean, anyway?"

"Think pet-shop. Cookery, maybe. Brothel. It's variable, Johnny, just that they have to be a key part somehow"

"Broth... are you out of your sick mind, Frank? These things are, they're like animals, right? What kind of right minded person is going to pay to fuck someone's dog, Frank?"

"Hey now, a dog, maybe not." Frank says. "But these things are basically heads. They're hopping, anatomically correct heads John. They're usually a little on the pudgy side of things, but their mouths should work fine." He says, waggling his eyebrows.

You throw the flyer at him, and he dodges, laughing.

"Hey now, I'm just messing with you, mostly. But yeah, keep it just strictly to a pet shop or something if you're that squeamish."

"I haven't said I'll do this, Frank." You remind him. "Geeze, where the hell am I even going to get start-up stock, huh? Answer me that."

"Eh, you could find an investor to throw a thousand or so your way if you look hard enough." Frank says. "Or you said you had a couple hundred M's... that should be enough to get one or two cheap ones from the Factory."

"That's rent and food money, Frank."

"Yeah, sure. But you could set those breeding, and have stock in just a couple of days. Or you can take a long walk through the woods, see if you can hunt down a nest somewhere. Hell, just pick some up off the street, they have to have people exterminate them every few months, you've seen when it gets to be like that. Come on, buddy, this'll be a breeze."

"If it's that easy why aren't you doing it already?" You ask pointedly.

"..... Aheh." Frank says awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head. "Well, you see, the thing there... I kind of don't actually have any money, as such. Managed to get fired from my last place for sleeping on the job, word's gotten around, haven't found a new one yet. Got this month's rent paid, but after that, well... Was kind of hoping I could bring you this excellent tip, and you could pay me back with a partnership in this whole thing. Maybe we could be roommates again, like old times, and split costs?"

"Oh, now I get it." You say. "You just want to con food and a bed out of your old buddy, huh?"

"No, no, that's not it at all." He says. "I'm talking a partnership, a partnership! We both pitch in for this thing, how we can, and we split the money at the end! We do it right, it'll just be the cherry on top of things, anyway. Ten split two ways... Five Thousand is still a lot of Money, Johnny boy." He insists, trying and failing to make big soulful puppy eyes.

"Oh. So you'll work for this, is what you're saying?" You say, dubiously.

"Hey, hey, come on man. You don't trust your old buddy? I'm hurt."

You sigh, and shake your head. It looks like there's no getting out of this. Well, at the very least, if it all goes as horribly wrong as you expect it to, you can always pin all the blame on Frank for dragging you into it in the first place. Maybe you'll even be able to talk your parents into housing and feeding you while you work something else out, after that. Assuming, anyway, that Frank hasn't actually come through here, for once.

[ ] What do you do?

>> No. 37554
[x] Capture any wild Yukkuris you find on the streets.
>> No. 37555
You should really hold off on seriously doing this until you finish one of your stories. 3 stories at once is just begging for a burn out.

[x] Try to figure out which yukkuris would be popular.
>> No. 37558
oh lord another one ARE YOU MAD MAN your already having trouble with doll quest. don't do this to yours self
>> No. 37559
>>37558
I think this story's moreso to kick back and relax: Doll's Quest requires a lot of different things to take into account (what with metagaming), while this is just a simple story.

[x] Catch any strays, look around for information on how to successfully raise/bered them.
>> No. 37560
Factory located! I was wondering about that... now, how do new yukkuri types get made? Does Yukari order them when a new notable shows up?

[x] Try to get a proper job at the Factory.
[x] See if you can get your hands on a mutant.

>>37558
This is the easy path. Forcing himself to stick to a single story is the hard path.
>> No. 37561
[x] Try to figure out which yukkuris would be popular.
>> No. 37562
Yay, another Patchy Quest side thread. This is the city Ran mentioned - you know, the one that has all the data recorded in her head where she can't get at it?

>>37560
She probably does.

[x] Try to get a proper job at the Factory.
[x] See if you can get your hands on a mutant.

We need money and/or connections to get a Yukkuri that would be of any use. Running a confectionery with a bunch of Youmus making the chocolate is one idea.
>> No. 37563
File 132068437399.jpg - (448.04KB , 800x1000 , frank.jpg ) [iqdb]
37563
You're still not quite sure how Frank roped you into this.

But here you are, walking a whole lot more than you prefer, trying to find a couple of the bouncing heads to catch and stuff in a cardboard box, while he goes and chats with his 'connections'. Factory direct would probably have been a better idea, you reflect, as those always seem well behaved and quiet. Or traumatized to the point that they can hardly move or speak any more. One of those, but either way, easier to handle.

It hasn't been more than a few weeks since the last wide-scale purge of the streets, though, and they haven't had much time to wander back in and start breeding in earnest again. And those that have, or those that managed to dodge the clean-up, are still pretty timid and won't show their face on their own until they start to relax. There's something Frank scribbled down on a piece of paper for you, though, that should help.

".... 'Take it easy'." You quote from the torn bit of paper, down an alley, trying your damnedest to hide just how foolish you feel. No response, just like every one of the ones you've tried before this. You shake your head and move on, the next alley is behind a bakery. You might find something there.

".... 'Take it easy'." You call down the alley, trying to ignore the scattered rubbish.

"Take it... yu?" A voice calls back, a cardboard box shaking from something inside. A head sized blob hops out.

"Mister human!" It declares, simply, sizing you up for a moment, as though weighing the odds of something. Then it turns and begins bounding away. "Marisa is running! Marisa is running away, easy!"

Cute. But in the end, it can clear maybe a foot in a jump, if it really strains itself. You don't need to do more than stroll casually up to the thing and pick it up, before it's stored safely in the box.

"Yu... aha.... Marisa was caught, da-ze." It says sulkily.

.... It doesn't seem really put out by this, though. At least on some level, it appears as though this is what it expected from the encounter. Hm.

"Hey, you know? I've heard of some birds, when a fox comes around, they get out of the nest and show themselves, kicking up a fuss so that the fox follows them, and ignores their nest. You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?"

"... M-ma-marisa doesn't know anything like that, ze." It says, suddenly looking worried.

"You're not trying to hide something from me, are you?" You ask.

"Nothing! Marisa has no family! Marisa is a lone Yukkuri, and has no beautiful wife or growing children waiting to be born! So mister human can take Marisa away now and not look in mister house, okay?" It insists.

.... Not the brightest thing around, though. You look in the box. A wide-eyed head stares back at you, a few smaller... blobs, for lack of a better word, growing out of a sort of plant on its head. One, two... four little balls. Jackpot.

"Reimu run away!" the captive yells, though it's far too late for that, as you've already plucked the head up and deposited it in the storage box. Without further ado, you close up the top, carefully prepared with air-holes, and heft it up for the walk home. Looks like it's your lucky da... wait, no. Looks like it's Frank's lucky day, this whole thing was his idea.

Well, it's working out fine so far, anyway. You can't help but feel like you're waiting for the other shoe to drop, though, as you get them back to the apartment. Some of the alley smell seems to have come with you. It might be on your clothes and shoes, or, more likely, on your cargo. You'll have to deal with that, somehow. You don't think Frank left you care and grooming instructions, though. Oh well, it can't be that hard, right?

The thought of getting a job at the Factory enters your head, but that probably doesn't count for this whole contest thing. Otherwise, being already going strong, and having no start-up costs, they would be a sure win. You suppose it wouldn't hurt to take a look around there later, though.

[ ] What do you do?

And yes, this is a for-fun thing for me. You would not believe how much stuff has to be determined for DQ by now before updates can happen, though PQ is still pretty easy.

Additional quick pre-post: finished writing this before Factory got mentioned, but was called away to Do Things. So if the last bit looks tacked on, uh... yeah, that's because it was.
>> No. 37564
[x] 70/30 or nothing. If your home is gonna house a bunch of yukkuri, or if you are to spend your last money on this project, then this is only fair.
[x] Go to the factory. Keep an eye on any yukkuri to cross your path, though.

Only logical for Joohn to be the boss. He is the one risking what few he has.
>> No. 37565
>>37564

Damn it, slowpoke'd.

No idea what to do now, gonna wait a bit.
>> No. 37566
[x] Bath time!
[x] Set up a pen. Some way to keep them out of your way.
[x] Visit the Factory. You'd like to see the available rare types.

Yukkuri obedience training could be a good business. Breaking them of bad habits, training them to perform tricks, that sort of thing. There's probably a demand for it, between kids bringing home rude yukkuri as pets and yukkuri picking up bad habits from other yukkuri.
>> No. 37571
[x] Set up a pen for the yukkuri and make sure they know who is the owner of the your home. Hint: it's you.
[x] Bath time!
[x] Call Frank and let him now you have found a family of common yukkuri. See if he is having progress.
[x] Visit the Factory. You'd like to see the available rare types.

Hm, kinda hard to think of anything right now, as we currently lack directions as to what to do. Well, except visiting the factory, but doesn't that, like, cost money?
>> No. 37575
File 132070779266.jpg - (563.92KB , 1000x679 , d76ac9e7441493d61b485f27df3f5102cfb1b120.jpg ) [iqdb]
37575
You don't have much in the way of 'pen' things. You make do by moving heavy couches around, and making a spot in the corner with no way out. These things don't seem able to jump that high, and they have no limbs to catch onto things with, so that should keep them in there, you decide.

In the mean time, you have to clean them somehow, and you don't think the cramped shower is really going to do it. You stopper up the sink, and fill it with warm, sudsy water, then haul the hatted one over and dunk it in, hat set properly to the side. It thrashes in the water, but you hold it tight as you call Frank, setting in with a soft sponge to get the dirt off.

"Marisa wants out! Marisa wants out!" It complains. "Mister Water can't take it easy at all!"

"Yeah, just a minute." You say, listening to the ringing of the phone as you scrub gently. Jeesh, this animal must seriously hate being clean... there we go, he picked up.

"How are things going, Frank." You say into the phone.

There's an awkward silence at the other end of the phone, and you can hear something. Laughing, chattering... music?

"Frank." You say darkly. "Are you at a party, Frank? Did you leave me to wander the streets looking for these things while you went to a fucking party, when you said you had to talk to your connections, Frank?"

"No, no, you've got the wrong idea, man!" Frank insists, his words just a little slurred. "My connections are... they're like, good people, you know? But they're kind of like Russians. You know Russians?"

"No, Frank, I don't know Russians. I don't know any Russians." You say. "Neither do you."

"It hurts!" The blob complains. "Mister is squeezing too tight, and mister water is..."

"Yeah, just a second, you." You say, not really paying attention to it. "So, what about Russians, Frank?"

"Well, they like their drinking and their socializing, you know? They don't do business with anyone unless they've both had a shot or two first. My connections are good people, but they're kind of like that, they won't deal unless you party with them."

"So you are at a party, Frank." You growl. "While I walked my ass off looking for these things."

"Look, like I said, I wouldn't be here except it's business... are you washing dishes or something? I keep hearing water."

"No, I'm just cleaning this thing. Total mess, when I found it."

"H-hurts... can't... take it..." The thing moans.

"Johnny boy." Frank says, suddenly seeming perfectly sober. "I need you to look down at that thing. Right now."

You do, not sure what he expects you to- fucking fuck, the thing is starting to dissolve in the water.

Apparently you said the last bit out loud, because Frank responds instantly.

"This is going to sound nuts Johnny, but I need you to make that thing drink your orange juice. Do it, or you'll lose it." He says.

"What the f-"

"Just do it, we'll talk later." He says, and hangs up on you. That absolute fuc-... you take deep breaths as you carefully lift the moaning, waterlogged thing out of the sink and set it on a plate, then get your juice out of the fridge.

This is for your breakfast, a small cup every day, and it's supposed to last all month. Dammit Frank. Still, doesn't seem like you have much choice. You pour it carefully in the things mouth, and as it laps it up it starts to revitalize before your eyes, like a video game hero being given a healing potion.

"You things are fucking water-soluble, how the hell do you survive in the wild at all?" You groan. And how is this even working, anyway, aside from the extra pulp this is perfectly ordinary... you stop yourself as you realize you are trying to figure out logical, scientific reasons for why things work on a floating island in an infinite expanse of eyes, ruled over by a semi-benevolent Demon Queen. Right.

Once it's drunk its fill and returned to normal, it just lies there quietly, breathing heavily. Your phone rings.

"... So, did it work?" Frank asks.

"Yeah, fixed it right... wait, dammit Frank, you had me feed the thing all of my juice and you weren't even sure if that would fix it or not?... I can't hear your party any more."

"Yeah, I stepped outside." He says. "But listen, Johnny, you have to be careful, these things can be hard to stamp out, but individually they're really fragile. I knew that orange juice was supposed to heal them, but it's all secondhand, never actually tested it out myself."

"Yeah, sure. You could have told me that these things would dissolve in water, though!" You point out grumpily.

"Hey, look, I'll be honest here. I wasn't expecting you to actually find anything on the first day, and if you gave up and went to the Factory, you should have been given the highlights at purchase, from what I understand. And I'd have been back before you anyway. But main points: Don't drop them. They'll splatter if they hit something hard. Don't kick them, or be too rough with them either, same deal. And don't leave them sitting in water they can't get out of. Otherwise they'll die, and you're just wasting time and potential sales money."

"This is still stuff you should have told me in advance!" You say, letting your irritation show.

"Hey, like I said, my bad." Frank says. "You get the gist of it now, though, right? Though you should buy more OJ, in case of accidents."

Almost as if specifically driven by mention of the word, there's a soft cry of "Pooping, easy" from the other room. You stiffen.

"... accidents. Accidents, god damn it, my clean floors, my carpeting!" You almost yell into the phone.

"Alright, look man, stay cool. They're just animals, right? They can't help it, especially if... did you pen it up? Yeah, especially then."

"Ghaagh!" You say, wordlessly.

"Look, I already talked to the guy, I'll let my connections know something just came up and I have to run. I'll be back in, like, ten minutes tops. You just hold the fort there, okay?"

"This is your worst idea, in a long history of worst ideas!" You say as the line goes dead, then breathe deeply as you put it away.

Despite your worries, things don't look so bad as you'd have expected when you get to the makeshift 'pen'. The stuff seems to have come out in one solid lump, and though you pick it up with tongs to be on the safe side, you don't notice the expected smell that the head is wailing about, just... beans? Bean paste.

...

... That. These things shit food? What kind of ridiculous biological... no, right, magic demon queen fantasy land. You throw it away anyway, just in case, since it doesn't look exactly appetizing, and a clanking in the kitchen shows that the one in there has started to move around again at about the same time Frank knocks on your door. You go to handle the head first, and yell for him to come in, and return with it in your arms to see what he brought.

"... Is that a baby crib? Made of mesh fabric instead of bars?"

"Hey hey, your man has come through." Frank says smugly, hefting the lightweight item. "Nice and safe so they don't bang themselves up, and the mesh instead of bars or straps means they can't sqeeze through."

"That's not stolen, is it?" You say, dubiously.

"You wound me! But no. I got it secondhand, yeah, from some people that don't need it any more and owed me a little favor, but it's still in perfectly good condition."

"Yeah, sure." You say, dropping the head in your arms in.

"Hey, hey, careful with the merch, Johnny boy!" Frank replies.

"What, you literally just said it's not dangerous!" You reply.

"Ain't the point. You gotta be careful with these little babies. Geeze, no wonder I leave you with them alone for ten minutes, and you have to force juice on it, if you're acting like that." Frank says, walking past you to lean over into the previous makeshift pen. "You gotta be tender with them. C'mon, dollie, let's get you and your little kiddo's nice and cleaned up, eh? Won't be holding you under a tap like this idiot, either, nice warm sponge bath for the little lady." Frank says charmingly, rubbing the head, which seems to respond after a moment to him, relaxing.

"Hey, what the fuck, that was not my fault!" You say. "And what the hell, you don't talk to real girls like that."

"Yeah, you see, that's because girls, I'm throwing money after, while these can earn us money. Big difference." Frank says.

"Shown in your success rate." You snipe back.

"Hey now, I'll admit, I'm hit and miss a lot of the time. But anything is better than zero, no matter how times you fail." Frank bites out.

... that.... that's kind of true. He's still an asshole, though. An asshole that's humming to himself as he sponges down a happy looking disembodied head and...

"... Wait, are those bigger than before?" You ask, frowning at the plant-thing.

"Well yeah. Like I said, it only takes a couple of days with a breeding pair. Impregnation to birth, all in twenty four hours." Frank says.

"You're kidding me." You say flatly. "Ugh. Rats take 22 days! Cockroaches take three weeks to hatch!"

"Aw, the little ones are just in a big hurry to grow up and see the world for themselves, aren't they my sweetums? Yes they are, yes they are~"

"Frank. Stop that." You say flatly. "I don't know if you're deliberately messing with my head or not, but I don't care. Just don't do it again."

"Geeze, fine, you buzz-kill." Frank says, and stops his affectionate nuzzling. The thing lets out silent mumbles of disappointment as he takes it back and sets it in the crib with its mate. You set a few paper towels in one corner.

"Poop here." You say flatly. "Here. Only here. Nowhere else."

They seem to understand, but you can't really be sure of that. Well, you'll see.

"So, what's the plan now, then?" Frank asks, slumping down to casually relax on your couch.

... what was the plan? It's been a hectic few minutes, here. Something about the Factory?

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 37580
[x] Actually, what are you even going to do with them? Might want to work an actual business plan with Frank before getting more. List up possibilities, pros and cons of each and decide which one has the best chance of getting first place.

Because frankly, deciding what kind of business we actually want to create should be done before putting more cash and time into getting more of them.
>> No. 37582
>"Yeah, you see, that's because girls, I'm throwing money after, while these can earn us money. Big difference." Frank says

This man is the man.

[x] The plan is to visit the factory and get info'ed up. Learn about these things as much as possible, and maybe get a different head.
[x] After that, it's either testing these things and get some pratical experience with them, or maybe go hunting for an investor?
[x] "Hey Frank, I think you won't be giving any food expense. By the way, did you know these things shit food?"
>> No. 37584
>>37560
Not really as most of the folks that tried more than 2 stories wound up burning out as such that their update rate plummets or they stop writing PERIOD.

[x] The plan is to visit the factory and get info'ed up. Learn about these things as much as possible, and maybe get a different head.
[x] After that, it's either testing these things and get some pratical experience with them, or maybe go hunting for an investor?
[x] "Hey Frank, I think you won't be giving any food expense. By the way, did you know these things shit food?"
>> No. 37588
[x] The plan is to visit the factory and get info'ed up. Learn about these things as much as possible, and maybe get a different head.
[x] After that, it's either testing these things and get some pratical experience with them, or maybe go hunting for an investor?
[x] "Hey Frank, I think you won't be giving any food expense. By the way, did you know these things shit food?"

If the "shit in the corner" plan works, we can try housebreaking them. Or maybe getting them to shit in a pot? Wasting food is wrong.

I can't stop seeing Frank in a red suit.
>> No. 37590
File 132076568630.jpg - (128.88KB , 434x410 , e5f18e0ad1383dd74a6e7e4cb5b586cf1c638571.jpg ) [iqdb]
37590
"Well, anyway, looks like you won't be contributing much money-wise to the food budget." You say, and then an amused grin crosses your face. "But you know, these things' shit? It's food. These things shit food."

"... Aw, no, man. You wouldn't do that to your old buddy, would you?" Frank whines.

"It's food, Frank, perfectly good food. Slightly stale, but that's all I saw wrong with it." You point out.

"Yeah. So? Did you eat it?" He asks.

You waffle for a minute, but once he threatens to go dig through the trash, you have to admit that, no, you didn't.

"You see? It doesn't matter if it's perfectly fine food, it got squeezed out of something's ass. I don't want to eat that. You don't either, before you set in on me for being picky."

... He has a point. It's not so much the edibility, as where it came from. Well, whatever.

"Anyway, I'd thought to go down to the Factory." You say, and Frank blinks.

"Dude... why? We already have stock, now." He says.

"We have two types, and a handful of kids on the way, but I've seen like... dozens of different kinds of these. A little variety doesn't hurt." You say. "Besides, it's more to try to learn more about these things than to actually buy another one. Might be something important to know."

"Well... suit yourself." Frank says, dubiously. "I'll just hang around here, then. I don't really... approve, I guess, of the way they operate. Things'll probably go better with just you there."

"What?" You say, puzzled, before you think about it. "... Oh, right, you worked there for a little while. What's it like?"

"... There's a lot of questionable stuff, that you really have to enjoy, or it'll make you miserable." He says, after a moment. "Not like it matters, I was only there for a week or so, and then there was an accident and a containment pen broke, releasing a few dozen into the wild."

"... An 'accident', Frank? And you don't approve of their methods. Frank. Frank, please tell me you didn't actually outright sabotage your own job?"

"No! Of course not." He grumbles. "It really was an accident, for what it's worth. Not that the factory higher ups were ever going to buy it. And maybe I was a little more lax in checking up on mechanical bits for wear and tear than I should have been. But that stuff was going to break down sooner or later anyway, they can't blame me for that. Didn't stop them from trumping up some reasons to get rid of me, even once they figured out that they couldn't actually pin the blame. Hard luck, for your first job, am I right?"

"Huh. Well, I guess they can't always be your fault, directly. Indirectly, though..."

"Ah, get out of here, Johnny boy. I'll see if I can't find your computer while I'm here, take a look at what I can find that way."

"I don't own such a thing. Computers are expensive. If I did, I'd have pawned it." You point out, leaving.

---

The factory is pretty ominous looking from a distance, a sprawling mass of brick and concrete. It's not much better up close. You feel a little intimidated as you press the buzzer at the door.

You press it twice more before anyone answers, a wiry old man peering out at you with foggy eyes.

"Yeees? And what can old Sam do for ye?" The man asks.

"I'm here to..." You say, then trail off to a pause. You aren't actually sure whether it's the best idea to outright admit that you're participating in a contest that could create a lot of Factory competition. The man waves his hand irritably.

"Bah, don't bother laddie, just let old Sam have a look at ye. Sam's eyes are never wrong, I'll figure ye out in a trice." He says, eyes moving over you, taking in your face, your clothes, and... oh. The flyer sticking out of your pocket. You can't recall when you stuck it there, but that should be a fairly clear give-away. This has the potential to get awkward quickly.

"Aye, old Sam knows why ye be here." The man says, nodding. "Same business as the last couple, I'm expecting. Well, come along lad, come in, no sense standing outside all day. I'll lead ye right to the pens."

.... It looks like everything has worked out better than expected.

The inside of the Factory seems no less ominous than the outside, though. Dim lighting, a sense of dinginess about the place. You can hear heavy mechanical noises, and every so often a shrill yell or mumbling echoes through a vent. There are stretches of hallways where you think you can almost hear people talking, or screaming at each other...

"Pay't no mind lad, ye need not be worried about the details of how the factory runs itself." The man says, keys jangling as he opens a door and leads you through. The room beyond is actually reasonably well lit, and contains things much like aquariums, each containing a single head. They seem sluggish, and their eyes are dull. Not lazy... depressed, maybe? Hm. The tanks do look a bit small for them, at that.

"Aye, these Yukkuri be what you're lookin' for, lad." The man says. "Keep in mind, policy's saying I can only sell ye two of these. Only two an' no more. Ye got any questions ye'd like to ask, you just point them at old Sam."

"How much do these cost, anyway?"

"For yerself? A bargain. The same price I tell everyone else: 20M for a Reimu or Marisa, 50M apiece for any o' the others. T'aint as though we've got any of the really rare'ns in here, them'll be runnin' ye a lot more."

You almost wince, but don't.

"Reimu and Marisa are... common, then?" You ask.

"Aye, the commonest. Places be, ye can't turn over a pile of sticks without finding a couple hiding in a hole 'neath it." Sam says. "They be popular enough, but this be about all people are gonna pay for'm when they can just pick one up on 'bout any street corner."

"Ah... are any others particularly popular, or do some need special care?" You ask.

"Hrm, don't need anything special for the Reimu and Marisa breeds. Just keep feedin' em, giveng 'em water, they'll do fine. Alice, now, ye have t' watch out for. She's a lusty one. Give her half a chance, an' if you have anything available, she'll keep working at it until one or both parts o' the 'quation passes out. Popular'n spite of that. Reisen're a little more on the unpopular side, but they're easy enough to find, and Chen be popular, but pretty rare. Remilia be commonish, but fairly unpopular, as given half a chance she'll eat most other Yukkuri. Predator, y'know. They'll happily take any sweet foods, but they'll need t'be broken into it if y'want 'em to eat anything else."

"No special dietary needs or anything aside from that?" You ask.

"Nah. Just s'long as it fits in their mouth an's edible, they'll eat it the same. Well, 'side from their own dung. Y'can trick'm into eatin' that too, if that's your amusement, but it takes a little doin'."

You think you'll pass.

"Oh, aye. And we have a few rarer, abnormal kinds, if that's what ye be lookin' for, though the same rule 'pplies. Two only. Ye break'm by accident, don't ye come cryin' back to me." Sam says.

"Abnormal how?" You ask.

"They have bodies, 'stead o' just a blob." Sam says. "Rarer mutation, but shows up more common-like once you've got two breeding. Got enough stock o' them that I'll only be chargin' ye double, for one o' those."

You'll have to think about that, for a moment.

"How do you induce breeding?" You ask.

"Oho, man with a plan. I like that." Sam says. "But there's lots of ways they breed, an it only takes a little to get them wantin' to. Just shake'm up a bit. Pick 'em up and shake'm around. Leave'm alone then, nine times outta ten, they'll get to it right away. 'Course, ye got t'keep in mind, most o' the time they're sterile when breeding with the same type, so ye'll be needing different kinds. But wi' these sort, ye're in luck, some of the trainin' given 'em will stick, and they'll pass on what doesn't t' the next generation on their own."

"They're well trained, then?"

"Factory standard. Won't be yellin' or swearin' or demandin' anything from you, they'll keep out of the way when you don't want 'em, and ye set something out for them t' poop on or in, they'll catch on t'that right away. Some wild'ns do too, o'course, but these always will. Can give ye a care phamplet 'fore you leave, provided ye've purchased something, but it doesn't cover much I've not told ye. 'Cept orange juice. 'Tis like a healin' elixir from th' gods, for these, fix darn near anything. Ye'll want to keep some on hand just in case." Sam says.

"All right. And these rarer types? How much to they go for?"

"How much ye got, lad?" Sam asks, then shakes his head. "More'n you have. 'Sides, have orders from higher up, the rare'ns aren't t'be sold t' nobody at the moment. Orders from above th' Factory Manager, even."

Ah. The Demon Queen is probably leveling the playing field a little, then, and preventing people with a lot of savings from starting off with the rarest types, breeding them, and taking the lead instantly. That does make some sense, especially as it's in your favor. There's still a chance that private owners can be found willing to sell, or something rare can be located by scouring the countryside, but that'll take a lot more effort.

You can't think of anything else to ask right now, though, and glance over the stock. There's of course a majority of the most common types, Reimu and Marisa similar to the ones you've got at home, but also two or three each of the others that Sam mentioned. You haven't seen the bodied types, but don't know that they'll be any more popular than normal ones, and they're more expensive. In any case, you do have 200M, though it's supposed to be for next month's rent and food. If you find buyers quickly, though... well, not for the parents, but for any children, you could probably recoup the losses quickly enough.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 37591
Yuck. I don't want to give these creeps any money. Baaad vibes.

[x] Are there any pet stores catering to yukkuri? Stock up on orange juice and food, in any case.
[x] Go home and ask Frank about his former job.
[x] Shake shake! Shake shake!

I wanna search the wilderness for other types, but this is enough for one day.
>> No. 37593
[x] Say you won't buy now, but may return later once you decide which kind you want to buy.
[x] Are there any pet stores catering to yukkuri? Stock up on orange juice and food, in any case.
[x] Go home and ask Frank about his former job.

No one said we had to buy two now. And we still need to decide the kind of business we want to use yukkuris for. Pet store is nice and all but if any already exist, there's no way that business will win first place unless we can provide something others don't have.
>> No. 37594
[x] Say you won't buy now, but may return later once you decide which kind you want to buy.
[x] Are there any pet stores catering to yukkuri? Stock up on orange juice and food, in any case.
[x] Go home and ask Frank about his former job.

Lets wait until the current crop of babies is born before we get them to breed some more. We'll probably have to end up doing some culling to make sure the stock is docile, anyway.
>> No. 37595
[x] Say you won't buy now, but may return later once you decide which kind you want to buy.
[x] Are there any pet stores catering to yukkuri? Stock up on orange juice and food, in any case.
[x] Wander the streets looking for uncommon Yukkuri.

We should buy orange juice in bulk, if our refrigerator allows it. There has to be something else out there, as well. It would be hilarious if we found a Flandre type and managed to make it docile, and it would sell extremely well afterwards.
>> No. 37596
[x] Say you won't buy now, but may return later once you decide which kind you want to buy.
[x] Are there any pet stores catering to yukkuri? Stock up on orange juice and food, in any case.
-[x] Ask about what yukkuri's do for fun/what toys they like.
[x] Check prices for large containers, shovels and rope.

Yukkuris are dumb and slow, why waste energy searching when you can trap. Also while the factory and lazy people will just cage breed we can take a more free range approach to make happier, more energetic pets that will sell for more.
>> No. 37597
Hm, what are the Chen and Reisen types like? Haven't seen these much, aside from single pictures.

Since the Chen one is popular, maybe we should buy one and have it breed? Or is it one of the too expensive to buy?

[x] Take one Chen head.
[x] Are there any pet stores catering to yukkuri? Stock up on orange juice and food, in any case.
-[x] Ask about what yukkuri's do for fun/what toys they like.
[x] Check prices for large containers, shovels and rope.
>> No. 37598
[x] Say you won't buy now, but may return later once you decide which kind you want to buy.
[x] Are there any pet stores catering to yukkuri? Stock up on orange juice and food, in any case.
[x] Wander the streets looking for uncommon Yukkuri.
[x] Go home and ask Frank about his former job.

Why the hell not.
>> No. 37601
[x] Say you won't buy now, but may return later once you decide which kind you want to buy.
[x] Are there any pet stores catering to yukkuri? Stock up on orange juice and food, in any case.
[x] Go home and ask Frank about his former job.
-[x] On the way home keep an eye open for any unusual yukkuri.

>>37593

Hmm, well two business venture's we could do outside of an ordinary pet store or resturant is either the assistant/maid route where we train the little guys to help out such as Patchurri's with book keeping and Yuka's for farming. And if we can somehow breed intelligence then that'll be a big help.

Or we can go the tournament route where we train them for combat, kinda like a real life Pokemon simulation. We even have the potions, aka orange juice. Of course some yukkuri will be better at it than others (remirya, flandre, youmu), but all of them should be able to tackle. Though this one is more risky since it might not catch on and Frank might be against using them like that.

All in all for either, bodied types will probably be the more useful stock.
>> No. 37602
File 132081259667.jpg - (237.83KB , 964x800 , ac6feeaa4820ef4a81e66ffbcfdeb4de829e0314.jpg ) [iqdb]
37602
"Can see ye're eyin' that Chen, laddie." Sam says, and seeming to recognize this as well, the blob seems to lose a little of the blankness in its eyes, stretching and trying to display itself in some manner that might convince you it would clearly be the best available purchase.

You turn your eyes away.

"... I'll have to think about it." You say after a moment. "Only two, after all."

"O'course, lad. Ye take all the time y'need, maybe come back tomorrow, ol' Sam'll do ye right."

"Are there any pet stores catering to... well, these?"

"Oh, 'm sure there's fixin' to be an overabundance, laddie." Sam says. "Whether all've 'em will last... well, now. That be a whole different story. As yet, though, the best bet'd still be your old friends at the factory."

"Not for buying them, as such." You specify. "I meant more... selling equipment, specialized pens or kennels, maybe food."

"Aye, as I said before, seldom need much in th' way o' special handlin'." Sam says. The Chen, by this point, has settled back down into complacent near-apathy, returning to its dull and spaced-out seeming condition from before. "Wild ones, y'might want to keep in a box with a lock, so's to keep'm from smashin' up the china in the night, but Factory specials'll be givin ye no such troubles. An' for special feed, 'gain as before, they'll eat 'bout anything. Maybe sprinkle a han'ful o' sugar on their food if y'feel like spoilin' em, or they've earned a reward o' some kind, but t'isn't a necessary thing."

"No special toys or anything?" You ask.

"Oh, they'll amuse'mselves wi' just 'bout anything, crumpled bit o' paper's as good as a rubber ball. Though some have a specific preference for things, books, or garden trowels." Sam says. "Ours'll be knowin' better than t'fiddle too much with things what got points or sharp edges, of course. Wild'ns'll likely have t'learn the hard way, given how thick headed the lot can be. An' they'll play wit' each other, of course, if they feel like it, and they'll let ye know if they want to play with you."

"... I see." You say, having once more run dry of questions. "In that case... I suppose I'll sleep on the decision. Bodied ones, in particular, sound interesting... but pricy."

"Oh, aye lad. But hands open up a whole new range of options. Suppose old Sam'll be seein' ye tomorrow, then?"

"Yes... I guess I'll probably come back later." You say, realizing that the man has become salesmanlike in his approach, and an answer that implies too strongly that you might not return at all wouldn't be accepted. "... oh. How often does the body-thing occur? Could they be found in the wild?"

The old man laughs like he's heard the funniest joke in the world as he leads you out, locking the room up behind himself and making his way to the exit.

"... Well, wouldn't say 'tis impossible, lad." He says, once the chuckles have died down. "But it'd be somethin' like huntin a needle from a haystack, that it would, 'ceptin' that the haystack's been scattered 'cross an 'tire field o' wheat. Ye be welcome to try, o' course, but ye'd have t'be luckier than th' devil herself."

... you suppose you'll take that as a 'probably not', you decide, as you are politely moved outside the door, and the lock clicks shut behind you. You shake your head and walk away.

On the way back, you keep an eye out, but what few things might have been Yukkuri... rustling in the grass, shaking of bush leaves, etc... all turn out to be just squirrels and a waste of time. Once back in the City, of course, you've run dry, as there isn't so much as a sniff of a Yukkuri to be found on the streets any more. Oh well.

You stop by the grocer's, however, and pick up a couple jugs of orange juice and a few sacks of cheap, nutritious, and near-inedible grain cereals to serve as feed. The whole thing runs you 10M, leaving you at 190M in pocket as you return to the apartment.

"... Mister slave has returned!" Marisa declares from her pen. "Marisa has made poo-poo. Mister slave shouldn't take it easy, and clean it up right away, da-ze!"

"..... The hell have you been telling these things, Frank?" You call.

"Hey, I had nothing to do with this." Frank calls from your bedroom. "I've been poking around on your computer while you were gone."

"Bullshit, Frank, I don't have a computer." You call back, entering the bedroom, goods left sitting on a couch.

Frank looks up at you from the bed, lounging and fiddling with a laptop as he munches on some potato chips.

".... What the hell, Frank."

"Hey, you said you didn't have one, but I had to check. I found it on the top shelf of your closet, along with stacks of girlie mags, about 57M, and a bag of..." He pauses to crunch another handful, waving the bills before tossing them on the bed. "... Really old, stale, and too-salty chips. You should really have thrown this out, Johnny boy."

"My closet doesn't have any shelves." You insist. You know this for a fact because you glanced in earlier, though you haven't really started to use it yet.

"Hey, don't deny the facts. Check the closet for yourself." He says.

You do, opening it up to look inside, pulling the chain to turn on the light. As expected, no shelves...

"Look up. Further." Frank urges, without turning your way.

... You look up. Then you squint. Then you frown, shading your eyes from the bare lightbulb. That done, you drag a chair over and put it in the closet, and stand on it... sure enough, there's a shelf up very nearly at the ceiling, clearing perhaps six inches of space and storage. There are, as Frank had said, several shallow stacks of pornographic magazines hidden in the secret shelf. You step back down.

"... There's nothing illegal or anything on that, is there? Because I had no idea this was here."

"Relax, Johnny boy. Looks like it's pretty new, relatively speaking. Or at least, the last guy never used it much. It's an older model, after all, but it'll still do fine for accessing the net."

"Oh, good. What do you think it'll pawn for?" You ask.

"Hey, don't you dare, Johnny boy. You're going to need this to check up on the competition." Frank says, frowning. "Not like you're going to shell out for a new one, after all. It looks like the Demon Queen's set up a site to track who's decided to enter the game, and what the current profit margins are."

"What, we didn't fill out anything though, how the hell... right, magic." You say with a sigh.

"Yeah, looks like it picks up on you the second you decide to go along with things, and keeps tracking you from there." Frank says. "Most of the competition is in the red. We're no exception, there, we were sitting at zero, until a little ago, when we dropped ten dollars into the red. You bought something for the kiddies, didn'tcha~" He says, smirking.

"Food, and orange juice." You grudgingly admit. "It tracks that?"

"Looks so. Though I see you didn't see fit to buy any of the poor things from the Factory."

"Not today, at least." You say.

"Yeah, that would be why we're still further ahead than most, even in the red, then." Frank says, scrolling idly. "Everyone else looks like they bought their starting stock from somewhere, Factory or a friend. So they're all that much in the red right away... well, except for this guy, looks like he picked one up off the streets, then turned around and sold it to another competitor for cash right away, or something. Lucky prick."

"Misteer Slaaave!" Marisa wails. "Clean up poo-poo! Marisa and Reimu can't take it easy like this!"

"... guy might have the right idea." You grumble to yourself, heading to deal with the problem. "Shut up, will you? I'm not your slave, you idiot thing."

"Mister bathes Marisa, and feeds Marisa juice, and cleans up Marisa's poo-poo." The head says smugly, as you take the lumps of stuff to be disposed of. "Mister is Marisa's Slave, da-ze~"

"Oh, that notion's going to be a joy to be rid of." You say grimly, returning to the bedroom to talk about more important things with Frank. "So... tell me about this job you had with the Factory. I haven't heard much about it."

"Ah... I was basically your general sort of lackey." Frank admits without shame. "Make coffee, go carry this from here to there, oil the hinges, that sort of thing. Most annoying job was soft-touch breeding time, though. They'd get one guy to handle a nice, walled, outdoors plot of land with a mechanical door, and put a bunch of Yukkuri in. Mostly common ones, just to make more fodder. Then they'd back a small transport up into the door, open it, and set loose a few dozen Alice's into the pen. It was... kind of a nightmare to watch, to be honest. Strict orders: get down there and interfere if one starts turning black, remove it and break off a stalk or two, because it's close to dying. If it just looks and acts like it's dying from it all, don't get involved. I hated that job. Never did get told what more forceful breeding policies, for some of the rarer ones, involved, but I can guess. Seems like only the rarest of the rare were worth enough to get pampered with the extra-soft-touch breedings, though."

"... Huh. Sounds like a pain." You say.

"I hated that job." Frank freely admits. "But money is money, and of the available options, they paid the best. Don't miss it, though."

You shake your head, and then add Frank's findings to your wallet. It doesn't seem to count for the purpose of the contest, going by the page shown, but at the very least you now have more Money than you had an hour ago. 247M. It's a start.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 37603
[x] Better educate that Marisa a bit. No one is going to be interested in a yukkuri with an attitude problem, not matter what business you'll run.
[x] For that matter, you really need to talk with Frank about what kind of business you can run and pick one from the available options.
-[x] Does that website also list what the competition is doing? You shouldn't pick something many are already doing.

Because by now, we really need to know what we can do, what we can't, pick something and run with it. It would help decide what kind of yukkuri we'll need to get too.
>> No. 37607
[x] For that matter, you really need to talk with Frank about what kind of business you can run and pick one from the available options.
-[x] Does that website also list what the competition is doing? You shouldn't pick something many are already doing.
[x] Check if there is a website or beastiary detailing what types of yukkuri are there.

Need to know what's out there, and how rare they are. Cause chances are we've prolly never seen or heard of something like a Yuyuko.
>> No. 37608
Why orange juice? Is there something special about it? I wish we had enough money to blow on stupid experiments.

[x] Teach the Marisa how to lord over someone properly. Someone will be interested in a trained Marisa with an attitude problem, and that someone will pay a high price.
[x] Chat with your new yukkuri pals. How are they feeling? Do they like it here? What was their life like before? Why is Marisa such a jerk? Stop being so ill-tempered, you brat.
>> No. 37609
>Why orange juice? Is there something special about it? I wish we had enough money to blow on stupid experiment

It's yukkuri megalixer. We already saved Marisa from dissolving with it.

[x] Better educate that Marisa a bit. No one is going to be interested in a yukkuri with an attitude problem, but tell them why your doing it and set guidelines.
-[x] No food until it apologises
[x] For that matter, you really need to talk with Frank about what kind of business you can run and pick one from the available options.
-[x] Does that website also list what the competition is doing? You shouldn't pick something many are already doing.
[x] Check if there is a website or beastiary detailing what types of yukkuri there are.
>> No. 37611
>>37609
I want to know why it's yukkuri megalixer. Even magic obeys cause and effect, on some level.
>> No. 37612
>>37611
http://yukkuri.wikia.com/wiki/A_recipe_to_madness

That's all I could find. I guess its just orange juice because, lets be serious here; Who doesnt like OJ?
>> No. 37614
File 132085859635.jpg - (153.38KB , 850x850 , 1320539204860.jpg ) [iqdb]
37614
[x] Better educate that Marisa a bit. No one is going to be interested in a yukkuri with an attitude problem, but tell them why your doing it and set guidelines.
-[x] No food until it apologises
[x] For that matter, you really need to talk with Frank about what kind of business you can run and pick one from the available options.

So, we can go for a store specializing in bodied types or a store specializing in Chen types.
Why Chen types? Well, they are somewhat rare and can act as bait for the incredibly rare Ran and Yukari types.
Also, I like Chen.
>> No. 37615
File 132086090215.jpg - (57.62KB , 280x335 , ojsimpson.jpg ) [iqdb]
37615
>>37612
I don't
>> No. 37616
File 132086927314.jpg - (103.94KB , 447x335 , 78379be2cc5513a47a0ea1ac9951201c16c44f27.jpg ) [iqdb]
37616
You guess that it'd probably be a good idea to feed the things, and that'll be a good opportunity to chastise the loud one. You tear open a sack of cereal, and lift the Reimu out.

"Food?" Marisa says loudly. "Marisa smells something. Marisa smells food? Give Marisa and Reimu food, Mister Slave!"

"Reimu is hungry..." The head you've picked up says quietly. "Reimu needs food, for Reimu and Reimu's babies."

"Yeah, alright, just a moment." You say, scooping up a handful and holding it for the Reimu to eat. You should really find bowls or something to just fill and set out. Well, but if you did, then they could dodge this sort of punishment pretty easily.

"Munch, munch." Reimu says aloud, as it crunches up mouthfuls of cereal, somehow not spilling any despite talking and chewing at the same time. ".... Happiness!" It declares brightly.

"Good, that's fine then." You say, setting it back in the mesh pen. Marisa looks up, waiting expectantly.

You turn and seal the bag, taking it and the rest of the groceries into the kitchen to be stored. Marisa is still staring dumbly by the time you return, but it's face has darkened a bit, and it's started to frown. You begin to walk past, but it calls out.

"M-mister Slaave!" It yells. "Stupid mister slave forgot! Mister slave forgot to feed Marisa! Quickly go get the munch-munch again!"

"Oh, I didn't forget. And I'm not your slave." You say sternly. "I'm your owner, and you've been very rude to me. And I own this place, and I paid for the food, so I get to decide what to do with it. So you're getting no food tonight."

"Ugya-wh-whaa... What was that, da-ze? Marisa is hungry! Feed Marisa! Feed Marisa now, stupid!"

"No." You respond simply. "You get no food tonight. Even if you apologize, it's already too late, you get no food tonight. But if you do apologize and politely ask forgiveness, you might get food tomorrow."

Marisa puffs up and rants at you in vexation, but you tune it out, and in a bit it retreats sulkily to a corner as you move back to the bedroom.

"So, Frank, we should think about this. Should probably have before. But what's the plan? All that's really been decided on is 'some kind of yukkuri-related business'."

"Yeah, I guess. Obvious choice would be a pet shop. Find one of my connections that can get us a storefront right by the street, if we don't want to advertise ourselves through word'a mouth and flyers, selling out of your apartment." Frank muses.

"Yes, it's the obvious choice." You agree. "... Maybe too obvious. I don't doubt that a lot of the others will try their hands for that themselves. It means a lot of competition, a lot of undercutting, and a lot of profit lost."

"Guess you got a point, there." Frank admits. "So, what's your idea, then?"

"Not sure yet." You admit. "I don't suppose that page shows what kind of business the others are running?"

"No, doesn't. Just profits from it." Frank says, shaking his head. "Guess it's to keep things fairer, with names you have to actually go and check the person out yourself, if there was a business type listed, and they were making a huge profit off it, then people would start switching gears the second they checked here, dogpiling on the new thing and driving profits down all around. They'll probably still do that, just they'll have to put a fair bit more effort into finding out what the wagon to jump on actually is."

"... I guess there's some reasoning behind that." You say. "Though if nobody ever hears about what someone's doing, there'll be no customers at all, and that'll be a problem."

"Yeah, though there's nothing saying you can't do more than one thing." Frank points out. "And that'd probably make it harder for people looking in to figure out exactly where the big money is coming from. But never mind. A restaurant might be good, and it's not really worse than raising animals for butchering. Still probably going to be a couple other people with that idea, though. You got an idea, Johnny?"

You have a couple half-formed thoughts, yes. The pit-fighting idea... well, you probably shouldn't bring that one up. Something tells you Frank wouldn't really approve. The other one, though...

"Alright, so, you've read about live-in housekeepers and maids and whatnot, right?" You say.

"Well, yeah." Frank says, dubiously. "Read about them, anyway. It's one of those things that only people rolling in money do, though, keep someone on retainer and pay them on top of room and board to sweep the floors and keep the candlesticks dusted. Not many of that sort of independently wealthy people around here, though."

"Yeah, maybe for human maids. What about these, though? These, you only need to feed them and give them someplace to sleep, what do they want Money for? One payment. To us. And then they have a live-in combination pet and servant."

".... Eh. Dunno, Johnny." Frank says, thinking for a moment. "That sounds like a lot of... well, a lot of work, to tell the truth. Gonna have to break a lot of habits, at least with the wild ones, and there's not really that much that they can actually do."

"Blobs, maybe. But the Factory sells some with bodies. With hands, Frank. Those would be perfectly capable, they just need the training." You say. "And it's not like people will expect too much from them, at least at first."

"Guess you have a point. Mutations like that, though... guess that would be more expensive than normal." Frank says. "And you know it probably won't breed true a hundred percent of the time, right? Likely still going to be some blob-type kids."

"That's fine. We can always sell those as just simple pets, like with the batch coming up." You say, waving the concern off. "Just to keep money coming in."

"Those few rich guys, too, they'll probably keep on with human staff." Frank points out. "Just because they can afford it, and want to show they can afford it."

"That's fine too, they aren't our target clientele. We want upper middle class." You say, having thought this through a little from when the first fleeting thought crossed your mind. "The kind that are richer than most, but aren't the few elite, no matter how much they wish they were, and want to show off like the upper crust do, but can't afford it. They'd love to have a live-in maid on retainer, just so they could brag to all their friends about it, but they just can't match up to the cost of that sort of thing. But this is an alternative, one almost as good, that they can afford, though probably not cheaply, and then they can play it off as preferring them to people, for whatever reason, instead of outright saying that their pocketbooks only stretch so far."

"Heh, you're getting into this." Frank says, in some amusement, and you snort. "But yeah. It's an idea, anyway. I guess that'll work, if neither of us comes up with something better. Probably not going to be any real competition there either, guessing by numbers here that nobody's really sprung for extra expensive yu's."

"Yeah, speaking of that, is there a.... an encyclopedia or something, on these things? Just so I can figure out what's likely to be found." You say.

"'Likely'... that'd be Reimu and Marisa. Aside from them, odds drop really fast." Frank says, tapping on keys. "But have a look for yourself."

Frank's found a reference site. It's got big holes in it in some places, and there's not really much documentation on many of the yukkuri, but it does have a helpful reference picture, with an estimation of the odds of a yukkuri found in the wilderness being one of the ones shown. The odds do scale off rapidly. Despite that, there's very little documentation on some of the more relatively common types, and while most of the rarer ones have nothing, some have helpful, or not so helpful, info. Like this one... Yoshika. Not much, but a brief blurb. 'Will eat anything it can fit in its mouth, standard edibility not required. Filled with rotten meat. Useless as food, stupid even for Yukkuri. Potential use as garbage disposal. Otherwise, exterminate immediately.' Compared to the empty pages on some, it's helpful, though there are several zeros after the decimal point before the odds estimation starts hitting real numbers. This isn't uncommon. In fact, most of the Yukkuri have less than a single percent probability of being found in the wild, and 'common' types are determined by, as far as you can tell, checking to see if they have a full percent chance or greater of appearing. You wouldn't call that common at all, especially when stacking Chen and Reisen up against Reimu and Marisa, who together fill up about sixty percent of the odds just by themselves, far outweighing all the other types...

"Find what you were looking for?" Frank says, stretching back to the laptop and tapping a few keys. "Anyway, if you're thinking maids, this type would be the best bet. If you can get them with bodies, they should come with their own little maid uniform... though, uh, I could be wrong about this, but the odds of that mutation showing up naturally in blobs' kids is something like one in two hundred, and wild ones don't take 'deformities' in their offspring well, so less than that even..."

"That's a lot of zero's, Frank." You say, eying the number with a frown. "Long odds. Very long."

"Well, I'm just saying, is all. They'd be ideal for this. Wasn't saying it was likely we'd be able to get our hands on one." Frank says, shrugging.

You lean back and stretch, still thinking.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 37617
[x] "Maybe...we could train yukkuri? Like, train them to be obedient to humans, or something?"
[x] Check who is the top scorer at the moment, see if you can discover his secrets~
[x] Otherwise, start looking for an investor.
>> No. 37619
[x] "Maybe...we could train yukkuri? Like, train them to chase away wild ones, or something?"
[x] Decide on types to get.

It's a bit too soon to start checking out the competition. And obediance is what you would get at pet shops I think.

The fact that there are purges mean that wild ones ARE a problem at times, so maybe raise them to be guard dogs and the like?
>> No. 37620
>"Maybe...we could train yukkuri? Like, train them to chase away wild ones, or something?"
Get a Remi type and be done with it.

[x]Get a mutant type (Chen?) and, if the factory would allow it, one of those maid-types.
-[x] Breed them
Why train if we can get one that its very instinct is to serve?
Also, chen types prefer Ran types, but they can still mate with others, so it's all okay.
>> No. 37621
>>37620
Then what about those who have yukkuris pets that aren't Remilia yet are worried some wild ones could break in and kill their pet?

Still, I don't feel like we got any winning idea so far and I doubt the factory will sell a Sakuya type. Maybe we should go out, think on it and if we're lucky, we'll stumble on a rare type?
>> No. 37622
[x] "Maybe...we could train yukkuri? Like, train them to be obedient to humans, or something?"
[x] If the factory would allow it, get one of those maid-types.
-[x] Eugenics program: have it and its offspring mate until the body mutation manifests in one of the maid-types.

A challenge is presented in the inability for Yukkuri of the same type to mate, so we'd have to keep a Marisa or Reimu as well, preferably bodied, once we got a bodied maid.

If they have on average n children per litter, then there's a 1-0.995^n chance of at least one bodied type per litter (2.5% chance if n=5). This means after 28 litters we'd have a 50% chance of at least one bodied type. Doing that, though, would mean a lot of extra young we can't afford to keep around, and Frank wouldn't enjoy it if we methodically euthanized the undesirables.

Alternatively, each litter could be kept to maturity and bred as well, which might result in inbreeding, but would drastically shorten the 50% time interval. Once a bodied type appears, it couldn't be pressed as hard to have young, since we want to keep it alive, but the chance of bodied yukkuri would greatly improve.

I wonder, has anyone done a study to determine whether the identity of the father increases or decreases the chance of a body? That is, if the Reimu's the mother, is the chance of a body higher than when the Reimu's the father? Is it more effective for a bodied yukkuri to be the mother or father when mating with a non-bodied yukkuri? This is a fun thought exercise.
>> No. 37623
[x] "How about we get people to pay us for taking their yukkuris? You know, like a yukkuri daycare or storage facility?"
-[x] "We could also try to train them to be obedient for an extra fee."

Once this contest really gets going some people most likely are going to want to have a few extra yukkuri on hand and most of the startup cost here will just be making people know about us.
>> No. 37624
Well if we really want to start the maid idea, the factory already has 2 bodied types we could use. So we don't need to breed them ourselves.
>> No. 37625
>>37624

>the factory already has 2 bodied types we could use

... This is just incorrect enough for me to come out and clarify things. They have bodied types of every species that Sam listed available for sale. Well, at the time he said that, at least. They just cost twice as much. So 40M for a Reimu or Marisa with a body, or 100M for any other listed type.
>> No. 37627
File 132090070593.jpg - (52.93KB , 533x400 , 9f420ffef6a616a8424f77e53b16e8f517149242.jpg ) [iqdb]
37627
Obedience training... it's a thought. But wouldn't that kind of go hand in hand with any sort of pet-shop, unless you only sold newborns right... uh, off the stalk? Yeah. Training other people's is a thought with some merit, though, although if you're also selling them then you could run into the situation where you end up training the stock of your competition, who turn around and just sell them with no additional effort on their part. You'd still be turning a profit, of course, but the thought just doesn't sit quite right with you. Let other competitors work for their money.

Training them like guard dogs is a slightly better idea, though with ones as common as Reimu and Marisa are, it looks like the matter will almost always just come down to 'size' and 'numbers' if they get in a fight with other Yukkuri, and though they might win in size, a home-invasion-troupe like the ones you've occasionally heard obliquely referenced will probably always win in 'numbers'. And an actual guard dog will beat them flat every time. The dog wouldn't be able to describe anything or anyone it drove off though, while these.... could, in theory, at least, manage that. You guess. So that's something. Some of the rarer types would probably work better, but the fact right there is that they are rarer, and therefore more expensive. In addition, if they turn out to be even roughly as dangerous as your average mutt, then they could be dangerous to people, their own fragility notwithstanding, and so would need training there. Which would make them more expensive. Well, it's something to think of later, but you think that the kinds you currently own will be no good for it.

"... Maybe a day-care. Some obedience training for pets." You muse aloud.

"Well, that's an idea." Frank says. "So long as you find some place with some carefully fenced up space, which means outside of town, and set up so none of the ones you're taking care of can get out, and no wild ones will be able to get in. They're pretty good at getting places they shouldn't. Might take a moat, though standing water doesn't always stop them either. They don't start dissolving right away, after all, if they're determined enough to get past it they will. All it takes is one wild troupe of Alices coming by while your charges are playing outside and you're occupied with something else, and suddenly there's no more customers ever. Maybe lawsuits."

"Geeze. It doesn't have to be outside, you know. Just needs a big enough room." You point out.

"Sure, maybe. What size. This little apartment ain't gonna cut it for something like that, Johnny boy, and space gets expensive really fast in the city. Maybe you can get a building going out in the country, but you'll probably have to have it built from scratch, and that ain't gonna be cheap either."

".... Wait, I thought I was the one who was supposed to crush ill-thought-out ideas with cynicism and facts." You say after a moment.

"Role reversal. You're coming up with the harebrained schemes right now, so someone else has to pick up the other side of things." Frank says with a smirk. "This is why two heads're better than one, Johnny boy, you can count on me to point out the flaws in your schemes just as fast and cold as you do mine, so long as I see them."

"... much obliged." You say, not entirely sure you're pleased with that.

"But yeah, not saying it's a bad eventual idea. Just that it's going to be expensive as hell, and you're not exactly rolling in funds right now. Maybe if you can find an investor, but y'gotta keep in mind that they'll want to be paid back, so that's debt on top of debt, and it ain't likely people are gonna shell out much if they don't know you know what you're doing enough that they can reasonably expect to get that money back, plus some interest."

"I'm not completely bereft practical business knowledge." You reply.

"Yeah, yeah." Frank says, eying the laptop again. He points at it. "Fact of the matter is, these shmucks? Most of them have no idea what they're doing, they just saw the prize and went for it. Safe bet is to say that at least[i] half of them aren't going to so much as break even on costs, much less start profiting from this. By the end, it'll be down to maybe a handful of people still in the game. You think people are going to shell out big money before they've figured out a good guess at who the winners'll be? Nah. Might be a hundred here, another hundred there maybe, but the big investments aren't going to start being offered for a bit yet, until the bigwigs that might be interested in this have started to get a feel for who's wheat and who's just chaff. Might be a good idea to wait a week or so and, if we have profits that fast, start going around to see if we can't buy out inventory from people that are pretty obviously going to fail."

"An investment of a hundred is still a hundred more than we have without investments." You point out. "Still, you're right. And that or getting loans specifically for this thing will probably count as much as spending money on them does."

"Ah, lighten up." Frank says. "And look on the bright side, if you don't mind me taking over one of your couches at night, and I get everything nice and cleaned up at my place, I might be able to sweet-talk the old landlady into giving me this month's rent back. That's also a bit extra, right?"

".... Yeah, fine." You say, disgruntled. "It's not like I can sit on them both at the same time, after all."

"Sweet!" Frank says. "You won't regret it, and it means one of us should be here all the time to watch the little darlin's, be sure they don't accidentally kill themselves somehow before we can get them sold. Anyway, you should get to bed, man. I need to head off myself, if I want to get that stuff done."

"Yeah, yeah." You say.

You spend a little while toying around with the computer, returning to the page of that maid type, Sakuya yukkuri, briefly before you set it aside and get out of your day-clothes for slumber.

---

[i]Day 1, introduction : Complete.
Contest ends on Day 190.


---

Day 2- 6:58 AM

You are awakened from sleep not by your alarm clock, set to go off at a reasonable eight in the morning, but by the shrill voices of hungry heads. You stumble to your feet and lurch out of the bedroom.

"R-Reimu has given birth easy, Mister. Babies have eaten mister stalk, but are hungry again, and Reimu is hungry too." Reimu says, as her whelps just sob incoherently. They've made a mess, too, it seems the parents weren't quick enough to get them to the pooping corner for all of their first excretions.

"Marisa is hungry." Marisa complains. "Dummy slave bring food quickly for Marisa, and Reimu, and cute babies, okay?"

You ignore Marisa for a second to glance at the spawn. Still four of them, as before, but off the stalk they're more clearly defined. Or maybe they were just still too young to be sure back when you looked at them last. In any case, there are three tiny Marisa, and an equally small Reimu, each smaller than a golf-ball, now occupying the pen with the more head-sized heads.

"Mister slave stop staring at cute babies and listen to Marisa!" Marisa says, puffing its cheeks out in irritation. "Get food quickly, and then clean up poo-poo!"

---
7:02 AM
Business Assets: 6 Yukkuri
-1 Adult Marisa: problematic and stubborn temperament
-3 Infant Marisa: unknown temperament
-1 Adult Reimu: docile and timid
-1 Infant Reimu: unknown temperament
Current Score: -10M
Pocket Money: 247M

Note: You are expected at the Factory sometime today.


[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 37629
[x] That Marisa is going to be a problem... She will probably break down once she's too hungry, but she could also snap and do something drastic that may affect its family. For now, give it some food but less than the others.
-[x] Be sure to say why and that all others hear it. It would be a problem if the kids got the same attitude problem.
[x] Clean up then research a bit with the portable about proper punishments for yukkuris until Frank arrive. There must be something better than starvation.
>> No. 37631
[x] That Marisa is going to be a problem... She will probably break down once she's too hungry, but she could also snap and do something drastic that may affect its family. For now, give it some food but less than the others.
-[x] Be sure to say why so all others hear it. It would be a problem if the kids got the same attitude problem.
[x] Clean up then research proper punishments for yukkuris until Frank arrives. There must be something better than starvation.

I still support some kind of breeding program. Maybe we could feed the ones we don't keep to the ones we do, as long as we're careful to prevent them from seeing it. Who says Soylent Green isn't an effective use of biomass?
>> No. 37632
[x] Food for everyone except the adult Marisa. Isolate her from the family.

If that Marisa wants to slowly kill herself through starvation, I'm more than willing to oblige her.
>> No. 37633
[x] Food for everyone except the adult Marisa. Isolate her from the family.
-[x] Be sure to say why so all others hear it. It would be a problem if the kids got the same attitude problem.

Fusing the best of the previous choices together.
>> No. 37635
[x] Food for everyone except the adult Marisa. Isolate her from the family.
-[x] Be sure to say why so all others hear it. It would be a problem if the kids got the same attitude problem.
[x] The Marisa wants food that bad? Leave it with all the poop. That should teach it a lesson about who's the boss.
>> No. 37636
[x] That Marisa is going to be a problem... She will probably break down once she's too hungry, but she could also snap and do something drastic that may affect its family. For now, give it some food but less than the others.
-[x] Be sure to say why so all others hear it. It would be a problem if the kids got the same attitude problem.
[x] Clean up then research proper punishments for yukkuris until Frank arrives. There must be something better than starvation.
Is there anyway to try to find out the temperaments of the kids? Because having 4 rowdy Marisa's is not going to be fun.
>> No. 37637
[x] Food for everyone except the adult Marisa. Isolate her from the family. (Treat it like a time out, if it's gonna act like a kid then you'll treat it like a kid)
-[x] Be sure to say why so all others hear it. It would be a problem if the kids got the same attitude problem.

Definitely need to nip this in the bud asap.
>> No. 37638
[x] Food for everyone except the adult Marisa. Isolate her from the family.
-[x] Be sure to say why so all others hear it. It would be a problem if the kids got the same attitude problem.

If we go back on what we said now it will be even harder to train her later.
>> No. 37639
[x] Food for everyone except the adult Marisa. Isolate her from the family.
-[x] Be sure to say why so all others hear it. It would be a problem if the kids got the same attitude problem.
Training Yukkuri? Oh boys, you're in a lot of trouble. I still like the 'bodied Sakuya types' idea better, but that's just me.
>> No. 37641
[x] Food for everyone except the adult Marisa. Isolate her from the family.
-[x] Be sure to say why so all others hear it. It would be a problem if the kids got the same attitude problem.
>> No. 37644
File 132093904820.jpg - (563.52KB , 850x637 , sample_fe26d68db54158e58b4d5f032074e21481cbb7ee.jpg ) [iqdb]
37644
"It's too early in the morning for this... you still haven't apologized." You point out.

"Yugyeh...? Marisa doesn't need to say sorry! Why should Marisa say sorry for Mister goofing off? .... No, Marisa is very sorry that Mister is a stupid slave that doesn't do what Marisa says right away!" it jeers.

"... Good luck talking any food out of me that way. If you've forgotten, I own the food as much as I own you." You say, taking the clumps of stuff out to be disposed of before you collect the food. The carpet below looks a little damp. You sigh, but make a note to put out absorbent towels beneath this or something. Besides, it just smells like water, so it shouldn't be hard to get out, whatever it is.

Marisa doesn't seem like it's of an aggressively hostile personality, though. You've seen some of these things puff up and start slamming into people's legs fruitlessly at the drop of a hat. They can't do much damage that way, of course, but it would be even more aggravating, you imagine. Marisa is just... bullheadedly stubborn in her refusal to drop conclusions its come to on its own, and arrogant insistence that it is in the right.

"Babies have done nothing wrong, so the babies get some food. They have to remember to be good babies, though." You say, as you feed them one at a time, then lift the mother Reimu. "Reimu has been nothing but pleasant, and has given me no trouble. So Reimu, I will feed."

She munches on the offered food, but turns sad eyes to her frowning mate. She doesn't try to speak up in its defense, though, and you set her back in.

"Marisa, though, has been a lot of trouble. Marisa has been loud, and annoying, and demands food without asking politely, and still hasn't apologized for calling me a slave or stupid. So Marisa will get no food." You say sternly, trying to make sure that every one of the heads understands this, hopefully to head off similar misbehavior from the others.

".... Yua.... ahahaha. That's what stupid mister slave thinks." Marisa says smugly, before shaking off its hat. You squint for a moment, before you notice what it was revealing. A thin stalk, starting to grow out of its head. You estimate... maybe a couple hours old, at the rate of growth you noted between checks yesterday? Possibly less. "Marisa is pregnant now! Marisa is very pregnant now, and needs food for not just Marisa, but babies as well! Dummy slave can't get around this, can he?" She says, smirking.

.... She's not entirely wrong, actually. It's what you would almost call so stupid a tactic that in this situation it loops right back around to being clever again. You want babies from these, to have stock for selling. If you starve Marisa now that she has babies on the way, then... uh. Well, you don't know what'll happen exactly, but probably nothing good, most likely affecting the final product adversely and cutting right into profits. It's good to know that both of these can bear young, though, no matter how your mind is shuddering.

You meant to look up punishments anyway. Maybe you should bring this troublemaker along, and show it all the possible ways it can be punished. You don't doubt that a lot will be much harsher than your food denial, and that might drive the point home.

---

7:11 AM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 37645
Nah.
[x] Break the stalk. No food. You don't have the cashflow to support more children now.

This Marisa is kinda smart, in an assholish way.
>> No. 37646
[x] If Marisa is pregnant, then I have no choice. I will have to break the stalk and kill the bad babies. Bad yukkuri don't get food, nor babies.
[x] Take Marisa to another room and research punishment on the internet. Threat her and only do the lighter punishment first, to give her a chance to redeem herself before doing anything serious.

Say, if we buy a Chen type, bodied or not, maybe we should keep the bad Marisa's babies ans use them as toys/food for Chen. I don't know much about yukkuri, but they will eat anything if they are ignorant of the food's origin, right?

We could also test cooking the Marisa and her babies, regardless of Chen or not. Breeding them also means infinite food.
>> No. 37647
>>37646
Damn, man. Forced abortion, showing her harsher punishments, and performing a few lighter ones? That's harsh. Way harsh.
>> No. 37648
[x] It wants food for it's babies? Fine. No one said it had to be pleasant though.
[x] Feed it it's own dung. If it wants the babies that bad, it'll make do. Hopefully, it'll get the point sooner or later about who is the boss.
>> No. 37649
[x] Feed her and take her to the Factory.

You guys are mean.
>> No. 37650
>>37649
...You say we're mean after voting to take her to the Factory?
>> No. 37651
>>37650
It's better than killing her babies or feeding her shit.
>> No. 37652
>>37651
Odds the factory will be much worse.

Also a yukkuri is such that it will eat its own shit after forgetting about it in a few hours.
>> No. 37653
>>37652
If she was that dumb, she would have forgotten the slave thing already.
>> No. 37654
>It's better than feeding her shit

It's completely edible food, remember? If it wants to try to game the rules, we can play with that too. We were gonna continue the punishment of not feeding it anyway until it apologized, so this is an acceptable compromise: Babies get food, unapologetic yukkuri still gets punished.
>> No. 37655
>>37654
Good points, but taking it with us to the Factory is a good excuse to get a proper tour. That old guy won't let us see anything cool otherwise.
>> No. 37656
>>37646
>>37647

I think that if you switch the votes' order and tweak the first (now second) one, it becomes much more appealing.

It also makes more sense: start with something light, then progressively apply the harsher punishments. This makes the abortion a last resort, since we want/need more yukkuris to raise and sell and there are chances of evening the Marisa/Reimu ratio.

[x] Take Marisa to another room and research punishment on the internet. Threat her and only do the lighter punishment first, to give her a chance to redeem herself before doing anything serious.
[x] If Marisa continues a bad yukkuri and is pregnant, then there is no choice. You will have to break the stalk and kill the bad babies. Bad yukkuri don't get food, nor babies.
>> No. 37657
I dont see why we cant feed her now just to support the babies, and then when the babies come around stop feeding her and make sure she doesnt mate again.
>> No. 37658
[x] Take Marisa to another room and research punishment on the internet. Threat her and only do the lighter punishment first, to give her a chance to redeem herself before doing anything serious.
-[x] Find some videos if possible and make sure marisa sees them. make it clear you don't want to go to such extremes and all she has to do is be respectful to get fed.
[x] If Marisa continues a bad yukkuri, then she will have to eat what she can find. (leave her near the toilet corner).
>> No. 37659
[x] Take Marisa to another room and research punishment on the internet. Threat her and only do the lighter punishment first, to give her a chance to redeem herself before doing anything serious.
-[x] Find some videos if possible and make sure marisa sees them. Make it clear you don't want to go to such extremes and all she has to do to get fed is be respectful.
[x] If Marisa continues to be a problem, then she will have to eat what she can find. (leave her near the toilet corner).

Sure, I suppose. I support keeping as many young as possible, at least until whether they have a body or not is determined.
>> No. 37660
File 132097515938.png - (52.18KB , 283x184 , whyy.png ) [iqdb]
37660
"Is that what you think?" You say calmly. This thing is unusually irritating. Still, that stalk is potential revenue, so you don't just snap it off right away. You lift it out of the pen, and it wriggles happily in your hands, clearly expecting food to be forthcoming.

"Come with me. I want to show you some things. Reimu, you sit quietly and mind the children, alright?"

"Y-yes, mister." The head answers as you head to the bedroom.

Marisa tries to wriggle out of your hand as you hold her in place on the bed, typing slowly with the other.

"I want to make it clear." You stress. "Just how nice I'm being about this."

"Not feeding Marisa isn't nice at all!" It argues, still squirming.

"Just watch, dammit." You say, hitting links. You bypass a couple videos that, from the summaries linked, are pretty clearly going to be just pornography. It looks like Frank might have had a point before, joking or not. Still not the sort of business you really want to run.

Marisa quiets as the clip starts playing. It's grainy, and the person featured has their face and voice electronically distorted, but it's still good enough to see what's going on, more or less.

"Picked up this Reimu and her children off the street, but I regret it now. The thing is incredibly annoying, and won't stop whining for more candy, and throwing insults around if I don't get it immediately. On top of that, it's kept trying to shove off all the care of its kids onto me, so it can spend all its time asleep or eating. I'm sick of it, and I'm going to get rid of it. But I'm going to mess with its head, first. It and all its kids are in the box, you see? Watch closely, people. Hey, Reimu. I've got a candy for you, if you'll close your eyes until I put it in your mouth."

".... What is miss in the picture doing?" Marisa says, looking worried as she doesn't immediately hand over the candy, but instead starts plucking off the young yukkuri's accessories, setting them aside. "This looks uneasy, mister. This looks very uneasy."

"It should. Keep watching. This is one of the ways humans punish Yukkuri that offend them." You say sternly, as the woman finishes and gives the candy to the bloated and oversized adult Reimu. "Don't you dare look away."

The Reimu on-screen eats happily, then visibly freaks as it looks around itself. It doesn't seem like the recording quality is good enough to pick up what it's saying, but it covers the woman well enough.

"Where are your babies, Reimu? Oh, I don't know. It looks like these weird, uneasy Yukkuri might have wandered in and traded places with them Doesn't that make you mad?"

The Reimu on-screen puffs up, eyes flashing, and Marisa starts to panic.

"No, Reimu! It's miss human's trick, those are your babies! Don't listen to the mean miss human, those are your babies! Don't... ! No! Don't squish theeem!" It wails, eyes wide as the Reimu on-screen does just that, struggling mightily beneath your hand as though it thinks that if it can get free, it can jump through and put a stop to this.

The Reimu looks proud of itself, underside stained with the traces of its young, as Marisa shudders and sags beneath your hand, and you make a mental note. It looks like these things can recognize each other with their trinkets, and without, but only if they see them come off. If they don't, it's as though the other is a total stranger they've never met. The Reimu only starts to look horrified, and start screaming, as the woman starts dropping accessories back into the box, onto little piles of beanpaste, finally able to connect them with its children, but only too late to make a difference. The video ends.

"Wh... why would miss human do thaaat?" Marisa chokes out, almost sobbing.

"It's like she said. Reimu offended her. And so she responded as she pleased to that offense." You say. "It couldn't be done against people, or animals, but you Yukkuri are a weird little loophole. You aren't either. The people that like you absolutely refuse to let you be labeled as just one more weird sort of wildlife, and protest whenever someone tries to officially label you as such. So do the people that hate you, because if you were, then you'd be subject to animal cruelty laws. One side or the other, there would be enough people to block anything like that from going through, with both I don't think it will ever happen. And of course, you aren't humans either, so laws put in place to protect humans from human cruelty... clearly don't apply. You would think that legislation clearly specifying Yukkuri could be passed, but it never has been. It seems like there's enough people higher on the totem pole with interests in keeping things the way they are that nothing gets decided."

"Don't say things Marisa doesn't understaand! Why did she do that?" It wails.

"I'll put properly, then." You say. "Humans are... cruel, by nature. If something makes us angry, we want to hurt it. You understand that much, right? We don't, usually, because there are rules about hurting other things that can get us in trouble with more important, stronger humans. But there are no rules about not hurting Yukkuri. Other people can object, but only because they think that that shouldn't be done, not because there is a rule against it. The only thing determining whether or not a human stomps a Yukkuri to death, just for example is that human's personal decision about whether to do so or not. But rudeness... that's one thing we find very hard to tolerate, from Yukkuri. Would you like to see another video?"

"Noooo." Marisa moans softly. "Mawisa doesn' wanna see another."

"Let's watch another video." You say softly. "Pay attention. Don't you dare turn away. Don't shut your eyes and try to ignore it. You'll still be able to hear. And I'll bet your imagination will be worse."

"This little piece of shit just won't stop insisting that I'm its slave. I've decided to teach it some manners." A muscular man says, as the video starts off, burning the underside of a Marisa with a lighter. He then starts up a battery-operated drill, which whirs noisily.

The Marisa tries to jump away.. it can't move. That's interesting. You'll have to keep in mind that heat can cripple them, though basically being made of pastry you guess it's not that surprising. You move the video around as you start surfing in a different window, not particularly keen on watching the deliberate torment yourself. Outright bizarre how that sort of thing gets so many views and comments, both from people riotously in favor of the punishment and by those outraged and completely against it. You really don't care much either way, yourself. The video ends with the Marisa a gurgling mass of holes, bean paste splattered everywhere, and the man demonstrating how the paste had really gotten everywhere, so some really thorough cleaning was going to have to happen in order to keep his drill in working order.

Your alarm would have gone off midway through the video if you hadn't thought to turn it off, you note, glancing at the built in clock of the computer.

"Wh... wh.... whyy?" Marisa says, trembling and eyes wide.

"Because Marisa offended him, and he chose not to tolerate it." You explain apathetically. "She called him her slave. Repeatedly. It's not a word humans like to have applied to us. Implying we are inferior. Incidentally... you kept calling me something, right? What was it, again?"

Marisa flinches beneath your hand. You set up another video, this one of children playing with infant Yukkuri and hammers, while they try to escape, and the camera-man chuckles at the happy family outing.

"... Wh..." Marisa starts.

"I don't actually know why they did this one." You admit. "It looks like it was 'because they felt like it'. Maybe one of the yukkuri yelled something nasty. Or maybe they were just there, and that was annoying enough. Human children seldom have the restraint and patience to deal with annoyances that adults can manage. They have less hesitation in unleashing their own petty cruelties. Though they aren't beyond being kind to pets they like, either."

You set up a video of someone displaying how he throws yukkuri in a blender, sets it to frappe, and serves it to their surviving family. Marisa remains still and quiet beneath your hand, but a glance shows that its eyes are dilated... and that it's sitting in a fairly large damp patch on your sheets, now.

"Oh. You've gone and pissed yourself on my sheets. How annoying." You grumble.

"Ma-marisa is sorry!" It insists immediately, suddenly struggling in terror. "Marisa didn't mean to! Marisa couldn't help it, mister pee-pee just came out on its own! S-so please..."

"It's fine, it's fine. They'll wash, and like you said, you couldn't really help it. I might have pushed a bit hard with this. But I'll tell you this much. I want to be nice. I don't want to hurt Marisa. But every time Marisa yells at me, or demands food without asking, or calls me 'mister slave'... it gets harder. Being polite makes it easier. You understand?"

"Marisa understands! Marisa will be good! Marisa promises! Marisa will be good!" It says insistently, almost desperately. Well, that'll do for now.

You set the laptop aside and carry Marisa back to the pen, and then pluck its hat away from it, setting it casually on your own head.

"Mister haaaannnnn..." Marisa says, her complaint trailing off into nothing as she clamps her mouth shut under your stare.

"I'll be holding on to this for a little while, okay?" You say. "Next food-time is at noon... it's when both of the little arrows on that clock are pointing to '12', if you can understand that. If Marisa is good, and apologizes properly, then maybe she can have food then, okay?"

Marisa just scuttles nervously back into a corner, and remains silent.

You shake your head and step away. You manage to put away the food before your phone rings.

"Heeey, Johhny boy, it's your old pal!" Frank's voice comes through. "Just callin' to let you know, my place was a bit more of a mess than I thought, so I had to pull an all-nighter. I'm about to get to my landlady's place, and I should be at yours by ten, but I'm afraid I'm not going to be good for much today. Maybe watch the little darlin's a bit and feed them, but that's gonna be about it."

"Fine, just so long as you get here. I need to go out today." You reply.

"Yeah, will do." He says, and hangs up. You put the phone away, and glance at the time. Looks like you have about an hour to kill before he gets here.

---

9:53 AM
Stock change
1 Adult Marisa: problematic and stubborn temperament --> 1 Adult Marisa: Mildly traumatized


[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 37661
Oh for... finger slip I didn't notice.

Time should be '8:53', not nine.
>> No. 37662
Well... I would say play with the children or something and teach them to be nice, but the Marisa may react badly to that after seeing videos of others 'playing'. So...

[x] Research time. Look up the types offered at the Factory, see if you can get a business idea for them.
[x] Also try to see if there's an actual need around yukkuris. It wouldn't do to start something no one is interested in.

Apart from commons Reimu and Marisa, the Factory offered four others types, 50M each: Alice, Chen, Reisen and Remilia. Now, we don't have to buy two now (-100M would be a big drain until we have an actual business). Buying a Marisa or a Reimu is also pretty much useless, since we have two adults and a liter, with another coming. I say we save the second buy in case of an accident decimating our stock.
>> No. 37664
>>37662
Reisens don't have any real behavor problems othr than the fact they can only make sounds that sound like mocking laughing.

Alices well their rapish tendencies are infamous, though there are the rare tsundere Alices that aren't rapeaholics and if paired with a Marisa might get us a rare Shanghai yukkuri.

Remilia: Cute but very fussy.

Chen: Energetic.
>> No. 37665
>>37662
That was their offer, I know, but I want to see if they aren't capable of offering other types (I still want to breed bodied sakuya types) and I want the MC to know about stranger types and see if there's a market.

[x] Research time. Look up the types offered at the Factory, see if you can get a business idea for them.
[x] Also try to see if there's an actual need around yukkuris. It wouldn't do to start something no one is interested in.

Yes, I won't give up with my sakuya types idea.
>> No. 37666
>1 Adult Marisa: Mildly traumatized

Excellent. Now we just need to discover a way to make them just sightly traumatized. A mean to lighten existing traumas would be nice too.

>>37664
>Chen: energetic

The factory's yukkuris seem to be drained of any enthusiasm. It might be only in there, or the traumas might be permanent.

I still suggest buying a Chen type, bodied or not. It's popular, so we should breed it and sell the litter.
>> No. 37668
>>37664
Pretty sure the Reisen types the Factory breeded are more like the cuter, speech-capable ones.

>>37665
Not a chance. Do you actually think they'll go against Yukari's orders?

Still, we'll have to spend some time out anyway to hunt for others types. It's not like we can get the type we'll buy to breed with some already together, unless we buy now two different types.

Thinking about it, we'll really need to get a lucky break and find a rare type (or get an amazing idea for the common types, something we don't have so far) if we ever want to pull ahead. Because the faster (and farther) we pull ahead, the better the chances of discouraging competitors into giving up.
>> No. 37671
File 132099137570.jpg - (116.48KB , 600x600 , 1e2c47be9ea719fa744cd4b8f0de1c84244d5587.jpg ) [iqdb]
37671
You take a moment to peel the soiled sheets off your bed, but a careful sniff reveals not too much amiss, though you rinse the damp patch in the sink anyway. Then you hang them over the bathroom door to dry, and turn back to the laptop. It's time to get a closer look at the factory types offered.

Remilia has the standard noted problems of being a predator: unless she can be convinced that a given yukkuri is not food, she will attempt to eat it. This is apparently particularly difficult, and the only real suggestion is to have them mate with the Yukkuri you don't want them to attack, and with luck they will re-classify it as a breeding partner, instead of a meal. The odds for this apparently still aren't one hundred percent. If you don't do this, but still keep one with others, it's advised you keep all the non-Remilia yukkuri in secure tank-habitats, locked tightly so she can't get at them. It's noted that it's usually safe to leave the key hanging nearby, as they have difficulty associating the shiny key with locking and unlocking, only that sometimes the tank is open and usually it isn't. It's still advised to keep it in a secure location, just in case. Apparently, wild ones with mutated bodies are more common than most other types, for some reason, though it also seems that the mutation still only appears with the same odds as any other yukkuri. They'll eat sweet food, like Sam said, but have a bad habit of flushing non-sweet food down toilets, if they can, and clogging up the drains terribly. Even if the food isn't meant for them, it seems. It's advised you not leave your dinner or larder unwatched.

Reisen is actually fairly unpopular. There's some appeal for her rabbit-ears, but it is clearly noted that most can only make a sound almost identical to a derisive, scornful laughter, whether they are 'cute' types or not. It seems that the factory has mostly bred cuteness into the breed as a whole, with only a few stragglers remaining. The cuteness seems to have done wonders for their general appeal, though, and it's noted that some can speak. Simply not the majority.

You take a quick break to have a sandwich, as your stomach is just starting to remind you that you've not had breakfast yet, and return. Nearly ten, Frank should be here soon.

Alices have... unfortunate tendencies. Evidenced by a number of links to videos showing wild ones raping other yukkuri to death. Despite this, they seem to be particularly popular, and it's noted that their libido is usually more controllable in domesticated ones, but if it gets to be too much, then it's advised that a castration is the simple and usually effective solution for the matter. It's also noted that Yukkuri don't actually need that part of their anatomy to breed with one another, only to impregnate, and that they are still capable of both stalk and mammalian type births. It takes you a few seconds to figure out what is meant by what has been said, but then it clicks. Hermaphroditism, or something along those lines. Yeah, you did notice that Reimu was the mother before, but now Marisa is sprouting a stalk. Well, you put that thought aside pretty quickly. It also looks like there's some that have a naturally lowered libido, though they're rare. They apparently can birth a very rare and expensive type of Yukkuri, Shanghai. There's some debate about whether this is only possible with Marisa-types or not, but it's pretty clearly stated that Marisa are their preferred partners, above anything else. So it may be that there simply hasn't been a noted case of one being born to a different combination, because it's already so rare in the one they want.

... it's past ten. Where the hell is Frank? You take a minute to glance out your apartment door, then stick your head out the window. You don't see him either way. He is late. Gah. He always does this, giving a time, and then never showing up at that time, for one reason or another. You sigh and turn back to the computer, you still have one more type to read up on, after all.

Chens. It seems like they're really popular. From what you see skimming, they're fairly much like a housecat that can talk: energetic, but docile and friendly, usually. Well, the ones you saw at the Factory didn't seem really energetic. It might have been from being cooped up in the tanks all day for who knows how long, though. You can't imagine an actual cat would like long-term treatment like that either. ... They also have the catlike trait of spraying piss everywhere when they go into heat. It's just sugar-water, though, which is a load off your mind at least, and doesn't seem to be strongly scented enough to attract mates the way a cat's would. Seems like they just do it because it's one more thing cats do... or something. Seems like, like Alice, they have preferred mates. Unlike Alice, though, their preference isn't for the common Marisa type, but rarer Ran, and secondarily Youmu. They'll accept any other type equally if the first two aren't available, though.

You'll have to glance in at those two types of Yukkuri later, though you somehow don't think there'll be too much for the rarer types. Right now though, it looks like Frank is knocking at your door, over half an hour late.

"So, what held you up?" You say dryly.

"Ah, the lady offered me some of her home cooked pie, Johnny boy. You know I couldn't say no to something like that. Cinnamon apple, and this nice pumpkin pie with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream." He says, walking in and flopping on the couch, dropping a small duffel bag beside it. "Just the thing! Oh, right. I didn't get all of the month's rent back, since I did live there a bit, but I got most of it. 75M, Johnny."

He blinks slowly as he looks at you, and you take the money from his outstretched hand, putting it away in your pocket.

"... Hey, Johnny. You know you look ridiculous with that thing on your head, right?" He points out.

"Yeah, I'll bet." You grumble, having forgotten you were still wearing the Marisa's hat. "Hey, you. You ready to apologize?"

"Marisa is sorry." it says, warily, but doesn't expand on anything.

"Ah? Sorry for what?" You press.

"Marisa is sorry for being noisy. Sorry for demanding food when hungry. Sorry for calling mister names." She says, still carefully settled into a corner.

"Hey, nothing wrong about asking for food, so long's you do it politely and say 'please'." Frank says, yawning. You drop the hat down onto Marisa's head, and it seems to relax just the slightest bit.

"Go ahead and feed this one with the rest at noon, Frank." You say, checking the time. "She has babies on the way, and she's apologized nicely. Think she's learned her lesson. I've got to be off though, it's nearly eleven. Gonna be a ways before I get there."

"Yeah, yeah. You have fun, if you can manage it somehow. Food at noon. I'll handle it." Frank says sleepily.

Just in case, you set the alarm clock before you go.

---

12:06 PM

You're still not completely decided on anything by the time you get to the Factory, though you knock on the door.

"What'cha want?" A young lady with a mean look in her eye says, opening it quickly, cigarette held between her teeth and smoking.

"... I was expecting Sam." You say, not thinking fast enough to handle anything else.

"One of his? Yeah, he'll be off lunch break in a second. Wait here." She says, and shuts the door in your face.

You feel a little awkward, but after a couple minutes the door swings slowly open again and Sam is visible, his demeanor much more pleasant.

"Ah, welcome back laddie. Good t'be seein' ye again. Come 'long in, this way lad."

You let yourself be ushered into the gloom of the factory, and Sam makes his way through the hallways as before.

"So, suppose ye've put some thought into things, then?" He asks.

"Well... yes." You say. "One thing though... I think I would very much like a Sakuya, above all else, at the moment. Is that going to be in any way possible? I have a little more money with me today."

"Oh, well lad, situations do come up, but I'm afraid the answer's gonna be a no." Sam says regretfully. "Will be sure to keep ye in mind, o' course, but as said before there's t'be no new sales o' the rare'ns."

Sam pauses then, and strokes his chin in thought.

"... Hrm, well I do be feelin' a bit sorry for ye though, lad. An' as happens, there is a bit of a situation at the moment. Strict refusal for new sales o' all rare types, but this isn't new, 's such. Ol' Sam does have a rare'n on hand he needs t'be rid of, properly trained up an' all."

"Really?" You ask.

"T'isn't a Sakuya, 'm afraid, though. But as happens, got an order not t'long agone for a trained an' bodied Tenshi, f'r an elderly collecter sort of a fellow. As turns out though, th' old man passed on in his sleep, round 'bout a week back. She's been all waiting for shipment since, been bought an' paid for an' all, but th' fellows heirs just b'aint interested, and refuse t'take her. Been a pain f'r management, but Factory's a'ready been paid, th' only matter remainin' is to see her gone. With the ones supposed to have her refusin' t' take her, an givin' signatures t'that effect, people upstairs have washed their han's of it. Ol' sam got th' order this morning: the little lady'll be removed from inventory t'day, one way or t'other."

"Hm. This doesn't count as a 'new' transaction, then?" You say.

"Oh, no need t'worry yer head there none. Tis already been run by upstairs, an' higher. This'n won't be a problem, though Ol' Sam b'aint allowed to accept more money for 'er. Offerin' her as... let's call it an 'centive to buy a couple o' Yukkuri from Old Sam, though... that'd be perfectly fine. An' old Sam'll be happier to see her put in th' hands of a lad like ye'self, than have to take her out back an' pitch her in th' wood chipper at the end o' the day's work. T'would be a shame and a waste, that it would."

"Let me run through this once, to be sure I have everything straight. Tenshi is a rare type of Yukkuri. You are offering it to me, if I make purchases I was already strongly considering making. If I don't take her, she gets... tossed in a wood chipper? Is that a euphemism of some sort?"

"I'm 'fraid not, laddie. Orders was very specific 'bout it. Cryin' shame." Sam says, shaking his head.

.... it sounds like a thoroughly, unnecessarily, and flagrantly painful means of euthanization to you. This is a standard business practice here, apparently? You find yourself with the odd feeling of... sympathy... for Frank. It's fairly unusual for you, as you are generally under the impression that your friend's hardships are thoroughly deserved, but you can't honestly say that sort of thing is a job you'd take well to either.

"... Tossed in that. So, essentially, there's no reason for me not to go ahead with this, since she's going to be thrown out anyway, and it won't cost any extra. .... Where's the catch?" You ask, realizing that the offer seem to be too good to be true, and unusually convenient.

"Oh, no catch, lad. Is just... well, Tenshi needs a bit different treatment than others. Be happy to tell ye all about the details if ye'll be takin' her off with you, but if not then tis but a waste of time. I'm also 'fraid can only give her to ye if ye buy two at once, now. " Sam says. "An' bein' perfectly honest, laddie, I'd be considerin' it a bit of a personal favor if ye did take her. Always a shame t' see all the work put into trainin' em go to waste. Would just take her out back an' let her go loose, 'cept for the security cameras all 'round. Tis more'n ol' Sam's job's worth t' be caught going against orders like that, an while there's bits I b'aint pleased about, will admit, I do like my work, an' I'm not thinkin' at this age there'll be much more options aboundin'. Been workin hear thirty-nine years, lad, just a few months more and ol' Sam hits retirement. Can't be fired now, be riskin' th' pension an' twilight years o' relaxin with a couple o' me own."

"I understand that, actually." You say, shaking your head. "I'd really do the same in your position. It just seems too convenient for me to latch on right away."

"A shrewd head ye got on your shoulders, lad, but sometimes luck do be just luck." Sam says. "An' as for gettin' other, rarer'ns than we'll be sellin' for th' duration... well, just keep your eyes open, lad. There'll be opportunities. That's all the more Ol' Sam can really say on that front, and only 'cause I like ye, lad. Ye remind me of... well, of me, were I fifty years younger, eh?"

You smile awkwardly as the old man chuckles, thinking things through. Tenshi... you haven't actually read anything about this type yet. But as a rare Yukkuri, it's probably spectacularly unlikely that you'll find one in the wild, much less at all trained. And with a body on top of everything. Yeah, it looks like you struck it really lucky here, with waiting a day and coming back.

You do have to buy two in one go, though. If you follow through on the 'trained maidservant' sort of idea, then they would almost have to be bodied types, too, whichever ones you get. That'll run you 200M, at 100M each. Yesterday, it would have been all you had, but with Frank's contributions and lucky find, minus your purchases of the day, you have 322M to hand. You can buy two of any bodied type, and still have 122M... you'd only need to make 78M in difference up somehow, and you'll be set for the next month's minimum food and rent. It shouldn't be that hard to make that much in a month.

Going by popularity levels alone, and leaving all other concerns aside, an Alice and Chen would probably be the safe bet, you think.

---

12:21 PM
Rare Opportunity: Buy Two Get One Free offer from Sam.[Tenshi]


[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 37674
[x] Ask to make a call first. You're not alone in this.
[x] Call Frank, explain the opportunity and the purchase to consider. Maybe he know something about the Tenshi-type too. If not, he can always look it up quickly.
[x] If you make the purchase, ask how to get them to mate: grabbing bodied yukkuris by the head to shake them doesn't look like a great idea.

It will be a big purchase that will commit us, so we need to tell Frank: there's no way we're spending 200M only to change our mind right after. Tenshi-type would usually be a horrible idea for servant job, but this one IS trained. If it can pass those teachings to future childs...

To note too, but our guy is a bit wrong about his calculations: after all, there will be yukkuri-costs and Frank isn't getting money if he watch the place while we're out. Minimum isn't gonna keep our stock happy/alive.

Also, it seems we're currently doing a specialized pet shop so far: Bodied yukkuris that can help around the house. That means the family we found is useless, unless we decide to also decide to offer common stock like any pet shop.
>> No. 37675
[x] Ask to make a call first. You're not alone in this.
[x] Call Frank, explain the opportunity and the purchase to consider. Maybe he know something about the Tenshi-type too. If not, he can always look it up quickly.
[x] If you make the purchase, go with Alice and Chen; the other two would likely prove highly problematic to sell.
[x] If you make the purchase, ask how to get them to mate: grabbing bodied yukkuris by the head to shake them doesn't look like a great idea.

Damn, Kahi, I can't even make one-off jokes about the little bouncing heads anymore without looking like I'm following your lead. (And I first broke out of my permanent self-editing never-finish-anything woes by writing yukkuri shorts, at that.) Stop being awesome; it's killing me.
>> No. 37678
[x] Ask to make a call first. You're not alone in this.
[x] Call Frank, explain the opportunity and the purchase to consider. Maybe he know something about the Tenshi-type too. If not, he can always look it up quickly.
[x] If you make the purchase, ask how to get them to mate: grabbing bodied yukkuris by the head to shake them doesn't look like a great idea.
[x] Take a Chen and something else.

Grabbing an Alice type is a terrible idea, I really think we shouldn't, seeing as how we have... 4 Marisa's, and ones already traumatized? Of course, If there's no other cheaper type, we have to get it: A Tenshi's rare, and if we can breed them that's all the better.
>> No. 37679
IIRC, Tenshi types are tougher than most and enjoy abuse.

Abstract side note: Be careful with any Rumia types we find as terrible things seem to happen to people who remove their ribbon.
>> No. 37681
[x] Ask him for a list of types he's allowed to sell. (Need to know our choices)
[x] Ask to make a call first. You're not alone in this.
[x] Call Frank, explain the opportunity and the purchase to consider. Maybe he know something about the Tenshi-type too. If not, he can always look it up quickly.
[x] If you make the purchase, ask how to get them to mate: grabbing bodied yukkuris by the head to shake them doesn't look like a great idea.

Well, lets see what we have to work with. Tenshi type maid?
>> No. 37682
Fuck starting a business, I want to join a yukkuri-rights terrorist group dedicated to destroying the Factory.

Or start one.
>> No. 37685
File 132102083494.png - (415.42KB , 600x500 , Tenshi_Yukkuris_-_Free_bullying.png ) [iqdb]
37685
>>37682
Me too, goddamn.
>"tossed in a wood chipper? Is that a euphemism of some sort?"
>"I'm 'fraid not"
...but we need cash first. Let's win this thing and bother with the details later.

[x] This is a good opportunity and you can't let the Tenshi types suffer-or that old man, at any rate.
-[x] Get the rare type
-[x] Get a bodied Chen
-[x] Get a "cute" Alice.... shanghai types uh?
So, specialty shop is a go: Chen types for families, Shanghai and bodied types for collectors and Tenshi types for abuse-enthusiasts.
If we get a Sakuya type we can go with the manservant idea, but those are as rare as fuck (well, more rare actually)
>> No. 37686
[x] Buya bodied Alice and a bodied Chen;
[x] Ask how to get them to mate: grabbing bodied yukkuris by the head to shake them doesn't look like a great idea.

Great opportunity here. A free bodied Tenshi, already trained? Yes please. We can't sell her right away, of course. We need to breed it too.

By breeding Tenshi and Alice yukkuris, we could start selling them as a Combo Deal. One is a masochist, the other is a rapist, they will get along fine.

Chen because it's popular, so it should sell anyway, and we could use some to hunt for some Ran types. I bet a Chen+Ran combination would sell very well. And who knows, maybe we could even attract a Yukari type by using them them, as fantastical as this sounds.
>> No. 37687
If the Tenshi is trained as a sex slave, I'm going to be extremely pissed.
>> No. 37688
>>37687

Eh, breed her, then sell her to some rich pervert. Probably an interessing way to find investors.

Or we could go with the more fun and profitable business: open a brothel. I'm sure at least one potential investor will inquire about this possibility, or a 'normal' owner interessed in 'specialized' trainning.
>> No. 37689
[x] Ask him for a list of types he's allowed to sell. (Need to know our choices)
[x] Ask to make a call first. You're not alone in this.
[x] Call Frank, explain the opportunity and the purchase to consider. Maybe he know something about the Tenshi-type too. If not, he can always look it up quickly.
[x] If you make the purchase, ask how to get them to mate: grabbing bodied yukkuris by the head to shake them doesn't look like a great idea.

Knowledge is power and all that.
>> No. 37690
[x] Ask him for a list of types he's allowed to sell. (Need to know our choices)
[x] Ask to make a call first. You're not alone in this.
[x] Call Frank, explain the opportunity and the purchase to consider. Maybe he know something about the Tenshi-type too. If not, he can always look it up quickly.
[x] If you make the purchase, ask how to get them to mate: grabbing bodied yukkuris by the head to shake them doesn't look like a great idea.

I wonder when this is set relative to Patchy Quest, because of all the new possible types. Hell, I'm not even sure the main Quest is set post TH 13 or not.
>> No. 37691
File 13210449394.jpg - (29.16KB , 351x375 , c0b01edd22d935e34cceb4b42b54db3de7cbdddd.jpg ) [iqdb]
37691
"I, uh.... I have to make a call first." You say. "I'm sort of housing an old friend right now, and I at least need to let him know about this sort of thing, before-"

"Ye go right ahead, lad, take your time. S'long as ye don't take all th' day, 'tleast." Sam says, as you pull your phone out and dial a number.

"... Whswghywn?" Frank slurs eloquently into his phone. The sound is a little off. You guess he might be holding it upside down.

"It's me. It's me, listen. I know you're tired, but get conscious for like thirty seconds, and then you can go back to sleep. And turn your phone the right way."

There's some mumbling, and a yawn, but you hear enough background noise to guess that Frank is putting himself in order.

"Sooo, what'cha want? I fed 'em fine, like you said." He says, yawning loudly.

"What do you know about Tenshi?" You ask.

"About whaaa.... one of the rare ones? Oh, I barely know anything, sorry. I could... like, look it up... but that laptop is aaaall the way over in your bedroom, somewhere. And I don't think I can walk without falling on my face right now." He says, apologetically.

"It's like six, maybe seven feet away from... no, forget it. That's fine, guy already said he'd give me details I need, and I can look things up myself later. Just, something's come up. Opportunity. Rare Tenshi, pre-trained, free with purchase of two. Yes, No?"

"Rare shit's rare, man." Frank says, voice starting to slur again. "Jump all over that shit. All over it."

"Yeah, that's all I needed to know. You go ahead and pass out again, now."

"Will do." Frank says, and there's a heavy 'whup' sort of noise that you guess is him dropping back fully down to the seats of a couch from a sitting position. It takes a moment for the phone to cut off, but then you hang up yourself.

"Right... looks like that's a green light, then." You say.

"Did figure 'twould be, lad." Sam says. "Said ye wanted to look at th'bodied ones?"

"Yes... at the least, a bodied Chen. Probably an Alice as well." You say.

"Wise decision, laddie. Wi' Remilia, she'll always be tryin' t'eat whichever o' the others she b'ain't mated with, an' ye'll often get the feelin' that Reisen's laughin' at ye, whether sounds like it or not."

Sam leads you to a second room. There's fewer numbers in here, but still a selection of each, and all have bodies of their own... Remilia are kept in a large glass cage on one side of the room, while the others are allowed to amble about freely. They look up in some muted interest as you enter.

"Chen, Alice. Front 'n center. Rest o' ye girls never mind this."

They seem disappointed not to be selected, but return to sitting or standing quietly around the room, or mumbling to themselves or each other. The chosen types, by contrast, almost stumble in their eagerness to line up before you, subtly jockeying for position and doing what they can to display themselves to best advantage. If you had any doubts that they wanted to be sold, this would have quickly cleared them up.

"Take yer time lad, think it through." Sam says, though they seem identical to all others of their type, at your first glance.

There's three Chen, and two Alice. They range in height from mid-thigh, to standing as tall as your hip, and all their proportions are... wrong. Off, somehow. Just not quite right, not fitting the proportions of a midget or a child or a dwarf, even. Just subtly different enough that despite the body, and despite the superficial appearance, you somehow doubt they would easily be mistaken for real humans. You inspect the lot, but in the end you just pick randomly, not really able to tell how one might be better than another. Your selections almost seem to glow with happiness as they step forward, and there's a little bit of envy to be seen before Sam ushers the others off again.

"Chen is Chen, nya?" The cat says happily coming up and hugging one of your legs, rubbing its face at the side, and... quite literally purring. It's actually pretty cute.

"Alice is Alice." The other says, with a polite bow, before looking up at you. "Alice will do her best to be a good pet!"

"An' this'ns your new Master, girls, so introductions be out of the way. Comin' along now. An' ye don't have to have 'em call ye that, if'n ye'd prefer 'owner' or 'sir', jest it's close enough t' 'Mister' for'm to remember easy. Ye said ye'd be breedin' em, so ye can also give 'em different names, if ye please. Wild'ns wouldn't take to it 'tall, but these'll only take a bit to learn an' remember the new names. An' here's th'next stop."

Sam creaks a door open. Inside, a blue-haired yukkuri sits in a chair, looking tired and staring blankly up at the ceiling with empty, dead eyes. She's maybe a head taller than the other two, but would still only stand up to level with your midsection.

"Tenshi. Tenshi, 'tis ol' Sam." Sam calls, stepping in. The yukkuri stirs.

"Sam... Is it time for Tenshi to go, now?" She asks despondently.

"Aye, 'tis." Sam says.

"... Tenshi will not cause trouble for Sam." She says, rising slowly and dragging her feet. "Tenshi is ready."

"An' if I haven't heard that too often already. Every one says't, or somethin' like, an' every one realizes they ain't ready 'tall just a bit later. But 'tis not so grave's all that. Ol' Sam's come through, eh? Say 'lo t' your new owner."

".... O.... Owner?" Tenshi says, eyes widening as she looks past Sam and finally to you. She lurches to her feet. "Eha... ahahaaha! Tenshi knew it, Tenshi knew someone would want Tenshi! Tenshi wasn't worried or scared at all! ..... Ouchies~"

Sam's grabbed her by the cheek and twisted a little. Tenshi doesn't seem upset by it, though.

"Now, lass, startin' up with lies righ' off the bat. Tis a fine example that sets, eh?"

"Sorry~ Tenshi is sorry~" Tenshi says. She doesn't ask him to let go, though.

"Aye, lad, as said before, this'n'll take a bit different handlin'. Corporal punishments b'ain't goin' to be a good dissuasion for 'er, ye'll have t' be usin' it t'opposite way ye'd think."

"... She enjoys pain? Wait, you're telling me the entire breed are masochists?" You ask, startled.

"Aye, that's th' short of it." Sam agrees. "Simple 'nough t' keep in line, though, s'long as they keep gettin' what they want regular like. An' if they feel y'ain't been payin' enough attention to 'em, won't be no hesitation about actin' out a bit, in hopes of a good caning."

"You're serious." You say flatly.

"Oh, aye. If ye managed t'find one wild, can cause a lot of trouble 'cause o' that, they keep tryin' their hardest t'get punished, but end up breakin' things what can't be replaced, or pushin' a bit too far, an' end up wi' more punishment'n they can actually take."

You can actually see that happening really easily.

"But ye'll have no such problems wi' this one. If she wants a paddlin', she'll tell you straight that she wants a paddlin'. No muckin' about with tryin t'get your attention wit' leavin fridge doors open an' spillin' silverware on the floor, or stoppin' up the sink an' lettin it flow over everywhere."

"Tenshi hopes Master will take good care of Tenshi, okay?" it says, giving a thumbs-up.

"That'll be 200M, lad, and there'll be one last stop. I need ye t'be fillin' this out, standard procedure." Sam says. You take the clipboard and hand over the money, glancing over it. It's simple enough, needs your name and telephone number, a signature... a pretty standard looking sort of form. You search your pockets, and Sam hands over a pen when you find none.

It's only a few moments later, in one last room full of machinery, that Sam takes the form from you, glances over it, and quickly keys some things into a machine. It groans as it starts stamping out little plates, and welding them into inset holes of metal collars, as Sam moves to another machine, turning vials to heat a small quantity of something up and set a funnel in the bottom.

"Right, t'will just take a second, and none of ye'll be feelin nothing from it." He promises.

"Tenshi will go first!" the Tenshi volunteers, looking eager. It seems like they know what's going on better than you do, though the other two look just a little hesitant.

Tenshi holds still as Sam moves her hair out of the way, then clicks the collar shut around her neck, where it hangs loosely. Then he uses a machine to quickly bolt the collar shut, and fills the indentation with some kind of molten metal, from the previous machine. It seems to cool very quickly, and he steps back to let Tenshi's hair fall back into place, the whole process done in moments, with the ease of long practice and experience at it.

".... Tenshi felt nothing." it says, seeming disappointed about that fact.

"Said ye wouldn't, didn't I? Chen next." Sam says.

"Can I ask the purpose of this?" You say, speaking up. This was a little odd to begin with, but it doesn't look like those collars are meant to come off at all. Something like a dog-tag?

"Aye. Two purposes, t'be fair. First, tis a growth inhibitor. Y'see, these'll never stop growin' on their own, s'long as they keep gettin' fed regular, just slow down at it once they hit this point. They grow proportional, though, and they'll stop if there b'aint room to grow. Collar like this'll shut growth down once they get t'be close t' human size. Big 'nough to do an' use things, but not too big. Some back at th' start of the factory got t' the size o' proverbial giants, an' that just be too big to deal with, in places sized for people. Blobs have th' same problem, only they b'aint as useful as ones wi' bodies, and it be a lot harder t'set up a kind o' harness they can't slip loose of, deliberate-like or by accident, and won't accidentally squeeze'm t'death if they move wrong. Gen'rally have to be replaced when they get too big like that, 'less you want t'move out to the country or summat. These won't have that problem, now. Right, Alice, here."

... That actually makes a lot of sense, if they grow that large without the restraints. Your brain is helpfully providing images of a sixty-foot Chen stomping through the city.

"T'other, o' course, is in case o' them brainless monkeys at the Yukkuri Liberation Group." Sam says, with a note of irritation in his voice. "Mouth-breathin' hypocrites, the lot, got a habit o' breakin' into good folk's homes, smashin' th' place up, takin the pets an' droppin 'em off in the middle o' the woods somewhere, an' then pat 'emselves on the back like they done a good deed. Fortunes in damage, an' what do these ladies know 'bout livin' in holes in th' dirt an' rootin' through mud fer worms an' bugs t'eat? Y'think they know which bush gives food leaves, an' which'll leave 'em foamin at th' mouth an' shittin' themselves 'til they die? 'Tain't no smarter'n the empty heads what snatch up cats 'n dogs what never gone further than the street front o' the house, an' dumpin em, 'specting them to get along fine. Folk as just pick theirs up off th' street an' give a home, that'd be one thing, but they're not what gets targeted now are they?"

Sam shakes his head.

"Nah, tis never the dirty, ill-tempered yukkuri from'n alley what might be able to get along on their own what get snatched, but timid domestic ladies. Can't tell ye the times Ol' Sam's been phoned to look up the chip in one o' these collars, find out someone's little treasure got snatched up an' dumped forty, fifty, maybe a hun'red miles outta town. Most o' the time, go out an' pick em up fine, little rattled, 'n hungry, 'n dusty, but fine otherwise. 'Course sometimes, it rains, an' ye just find the collar. Cryin' shame whenever't happens, an' no matter how many times it gets thrown in th' little wretches high'n'mighty faces, just refuse t'stop doin' it. Lot's don't even like em. Just agree they should be 'llowed to live in peace, 'Away from Humans' an' where they don' have to see 'em, which's the clincher. In any case, were't just a tag, wouldn't take but a few minutes wi' a bolt cutter, an' its off th' collar an' in a ditch somewhere. 'Graved on a flat surface, don't take much to file off, an' the bastards would just t'rub salt in. This's worked out fine, though, can't get th' information off wi'out takin' the collar off entirely, an' that'll take time an' special equipment t'do, an' make a lot o' noise. More'n that Liberation Group be willin' t'bother with, in any case, specially as 't might cause complaints an' gettem caught havin' stolen someone's property. An' there y'go, Alice, collar's nice an' locked in place."

That also makes some sense. Well, for pets. It looks like there might have been a miscommunication somewhere, as you do intend to run a business here and not just keep a bunch of pets in your apartment, but it's not a big mistake. And that reminds you.

"How do I have them breed litters?" You ask awkwardly. "The internet was a little helpful, but I can't imagine picking these up and shaking would.."

"That just gets'm deep in th' mood, right off th'bat, an any kind o' vibration'll do. But to yer question. Ye might try just askin' em? Or givin' the order." Sam says with some amusement.

"Would Master like us to make babies right now?" Alice asks, seeming only curious, but fiddling slightly with her skirt.

"Not now, lass." Sam says. "But aye, ye need only ask or tell'm to get a litter going, they'll do what's needed right 'way. Wild'ns'd have t' be pressured into it, but that's all as's needed for these. They'll not be breeding up a litter 'thout yer instruction nor permission, though."

"I guess that settles that question." You say.

It looks like you won't be able to sell these, though, with 'property of:' and all that engraved inside that collar. Well, that's still fine, like Frank said, it doesn't take them long at all for babies to be born after impregnation. You would probably have kept the first ones long enough to raise one or two until they were old enough to breed themselves, anyway. Keeping and breeding them indefinitely isn't that big of a change in plans.

"Ye be needin' leashes, lad? B'lieve I've got a few sittin' about." Sam says, as he leads you towards the exit.

"I... don't think that's needed." You say. "You think they'll wander off?"

"Nah, not 't all. Just some prefer t'keep theirs on leashes whenever they're out." Sam says, waving it off. "Any case, have a riding crop sitting 'bout ye can have, if ye need something 'sides yer hands t'keep this lass happy. Just a moment...."

He rustles through a small room by the exit before returning with, as promised, the crop in hand. Tenshi perks up in interest as it's shown, and Sam hands it over, along with a small slip of paper.

"That be my number, lad. Ye need t'get in touch wi' old Sam 'bout something, y'give a ring there. I'll mind you now, all sales be final, there's no refundin' to be done, no switchin', and buyin' replacements gets mighty complex. Best keep these well. An' off with ye now, lad." Sam says, waving as he ushers you out of the factory.

---

2:17 PM

Frank is still dozing on the couch as you get back.

"Ah? Master's Roommate has the right idea." Chen says. "May Chen take a nap?"

"Alice can make lunch. If Master has re-ci-pes." Alice offers.

"If Master has a stove, Tenshi can also make lunch!" Tenshi also offers, boisterously.

"Don't have one, sorry." You say, feeling slightly overwhelmed. "Just a microwave and one of those pot-cooker things. Go ahead, Chen. You two can read?"

"Not quickly." Alice admits despondently. "Not like Patchouli could. Words are... hard. But Alice can read re-ci-pes enough to make easy things. Sam made sure. Masters like Yukkuri that can cook!"

"... I've got some vegetables, and a can of broth mixed with those would make a stew in the cooker. It's not hard, just slice up some vegetables, add the broth, and then fill it up to the line with water. Then put the pot back in the cooker, and press the button, and it'll do the rest, and be done by dinnertime." You say.

"Who are weird Yukkuri? Why are weird yukkuri here?" Marisa calls from the pen, as Alice mumbles 'veggies, broth, water, line' slowly to herself, over and over.

"Tenshi will do slicing!" Tenshi offers straight away, already moving to rustle through your kitchen drawers.

"This is too simple. Alice won't feel useful just doing this. If there is no stove, though, Alice supposes there isn't much more..." Alice says, not really complaining, but simply noting it.

"Ah! It's sharp~" Tenshi says, seeming to have already found your kitchen knives.

Chen, for her part, is already stretched languidly across the back of a couch, drifting off to sleep the way a real cat would. Clearly, she has no misgivings about things.

"M-mister, weird and uneasy yukkuri..." Marisa tries again.

"Relax." You say. "They belong to me. They'll be living here, okay?"

"Mmm... Uneasy..." Marisa mumbles uncertainly, joined by a chorus of small voices. You shake your head and move on, going to check on that page.

As expected, it's updated itself, and your new score of -210M puts you fairly solidly in the current last place. There's still only one positive score, that fellow who apparently turned around and sold straight away, and that hasn't changed, though there are a myriad of tiny shifts in scores throughout the list. Most of the numbers haven't reached -100, though, and those couple that do are only slightly beyond it.

Well, this is only the second day, after all, and you're fairly sure that you read that businesses always spend a lot getting started. There's also a new thing. There's a link on this page that wasn't there before. You click it.

... It leads to a page with a public announcement for competitors. It looks like, in a couple of weeks, there is going to be something happening. Some kind of event, featuring 'A Rare Giveaway'. This smells of one of the Demon Queen's schemes, but then it also fits with Sam's suggestion about rare Yukkuri, to keep your eyes open. There's not much more information than that, just that there will be an event, and the date. You'll have to check back later, they might update details into the page as time passes.

You aren't even completely sure he actually realizes you're a part of the contest at this point, as he could have just been pointing out that if someone wins these, they'll probably start selling them, or their children, pretty quickly.

Tenshi is standing in the doorway, holding a couple of her fingers in her mouth, when you look up. She takes them out quickly, and you see tiny slices in them.

"Tenshi cut the vegetables!" She declares. "Can... Can Master try out the riding crop now?" She continues, eagerly.

... You can probably think of several other things to to, to be honest, but if you don't hurt her now and again, it would be much the same as punishing it, you suppose. And that is an odd thought.

---

2:31 PM
Stock Change:
+1 Adult Alice: Sam-Trained. Temperament: 'Housewifely'?. [Unsellable]
+1 Adult Chen: Sam-Trained. Temperament: 'Feline, Affectionate, Lazy'?. [Unsellable]
+1 Adult Tenshi: Sam-Trained. Temperament: 'Earnestly Masochistic'? [Unsellable]

Note: Event planned for Day 14. No further details.


[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 37695
[x] Try the riding crop. May as well get used to it now.
[x] Keep an ear out for Alice. She seems to know what she's doing, but accidents can happen so quickly...
[x] Look up Tenshi types. See if there's anything that wasn't mentionned to you yet.
[x] See if there are things non-bodied types can do to help around the house. Bodied children isn't a 100% thing but you can't exactly just throw them away. That and you need to find a use for the Marisa and Reimu types you got.
>> No. 37696
>liberation group
Idiots. I wouldn't be surprised if the Factory has armed guards, but still. They could at least try to strike at the root of the problem.

[x] Punish Tenshi earnestly~
[x] Introduce Marisa to your new charges.

Eh. I got nothing.
>> No. 37697
[x] Try the riding crop, may as well get used to it now. See how resistant she is compared to the other yukkuri.
[x] See if there are things non-bodied types can do to help around the house.
[x] Alice could help to watch the blob yukkuri. Tenshi still needs some experimenting first. Chen can go ahead and be cute.
[x] Ask Alice of her opinion of the blob Marisa.

Sweet, we've got a free pair of hands with Alice. Might as well go ahead and see if she would mate with the Marisa/Reimu. More bodied yukkuri and a heart-crushingly small chance of Shangai. This is gonna be fun.

We also need to start making money, probably on the next day. Should have the new yukkuri breed by the end of the night. Also need to find an investor and a bakery to sell unwanted yukkuri.
>> No. 37698
>>37697
Whoa wha whoa, slow down a bit. We need to see what they can do, train them if needed (will be easier on us if parents can teach their children) and have Frank check his contacts to see if anyone is interested in what we'll offer. That, and the children will need some time to grow.
>> No. 37699
[x] Try the riding crop. May as well get used to it now.
[x] Keep an ear out for Alice. She seems to know what she's doing, but accidents can happen so quickly...
[x] Look up Tenshi types. See if there's anything that wasn't mentioned to you yet.
[x] Alice could help to watch the blob yukkuri. Tenshi still needs some experimenting first. Chen can go ahead and be cute for the moment.
[x] See if there are things non-bodied types can do to help around the house. Bodied children isn't a 100% thing but you can't exactly just throw them away.

Time to start getting our new employees into their new routine and prepping for our new job. If we can start training up bodied types to be more energetic than the ones from the factory, we might have a market. Or we might win a Youmu and start a chocolate shop. Or something.
>> No. 37700
[x] Try the riding crop. May as well get used to it now.
[x] Keep an ear out for Alice. She seems to know what she's doing, but accidents can happen so quickly...
[x] Look up Tenshi types. See if there's anything that wasn't mentioned to you yet.
[x] Alice could help to watch the blob yukkuri. Tenshi still needs some experimenting first. Chen can go ahead and be cute for the moment.
[x] See if there are things non-bodied types can do to help around the house. Bodied children isn't a 100% thing but you can't exactly just throw them away.

Holy fuck, so the Factory makes decently nice yukkuris? I like this Alice already.
>> No. 37701
[x] Try the riding crop. May as well get used to it now.
[x] Keep an ear out for Alice. She seems to know what she's doing, but accidents can happen so quickly...
[x] Look up Tenshi types. See if there's anything that wasn't mentionned to you yet.
[x] See if there are things non-bodied types can do to help around the house. Bodied children isn't a 100% thing but you can't exactly just throw them away. That and you need to find a use for the Marisa and Reimu types you got.
Who should be the first mothers?
>> No. 37702
[x] Try the riding crop, may as well get used to it now. See how resistant she is compared to the other yukkuri.
[x] See if there are things non-bodied types can do to help around the house.
[x] Alice could help to watch the blob yukkuri. Tenshi still needs some experimenting first. Chen can go ahead and be cute.
[x] Ask Alice of her opinion of the blob Marisa.
[x] Evaluate Tenshi's and Alice's reading abilities.

Now, did we get a tsundere Alice, or is it just trained? Also, reading comprehension would be another selling point. Maybe bodied Yukkuri could go a step beyond maids and be babysitters?

...actually, that probably wouldn't work, except with toddlers. Children are too violent.
>> No. 37703
File 132108548619.jpg - (9.28KB , 311x645 , 353-Riding-Crop-large.jpg ) [iqdb]
37703
Okay. So you're going to do this. You can't really back out of it at this point, with her eyes shining with eagerness.... at the thought of you setting into her with a bit of leather. Yeah. You aren't really sure how to feel about that, as you're pretty sure you aren't an actual sadist, probably.

Still, time to go ahead. You give the crop a little test-swing, and it whistles through the air. Okay. So. You should go ahead, and...

... wait, you're pretty sure there's a thing. Yeah, clothes. In all the movies you've seen involving anyone getting whipped for any reason, the clothes always ended up coming apart beneath it like they'd been cut. Yeah, that's pretty damn consistent. You aren't entirely sure how that works, and it's not like you've put a whole lot of study into this, but those movies can't all be wrong, right?

There's a scraping of chairs moving in the kitchen as you think this through, pretty clearly Alice moving the pot-part of that cooker over to the sink so she can fill it with water. The faucet turning on fairly well confirms this.

But back to the matter at hand, you're pretty sure that if you use this while she's fully dressed, you're going to be cutting the hell out of her dress, and that's no good. Your mind fumbles for a minute trying to figure out a solution to this.

"... You're going to have to take that shirt... no that's all one piece. Lose the dress." You say, hoping you don't sound as awkward as you feel about this.

Tenshi removes the clothing without hesitation, and stands before you now clad in boots, her hat, a smile, and not much else.

"... Okay. Lean up over the bed." You say, buying yourself a moment as she moves into place. And then there's no more delaying things.

The first blow lands with a sound not quite like leather against flesh. More akin to the thump of hitting it against a big lump of uncooked dough. The sound Tenshi makes is more akin to surprise than actual pain.

"... You can hit a little harder than that, Master." She urges.

... Well, okay then. The next few sharply ramp up in force and intensity, until you're pretty sure that these swings would be cleaving a normal Yukkuri apart, despite the crop not actually having an edge, as such. Despite that, as you continue on, Tenshi holds up as well as you guess a human would in her place, sharp red marks rising up where the crop lands, only to slowly fade, letting loose a breathy cry and spasming a little from each blow, fingers clenching into the bed. You keep going for a minute before you stop, deciding that, really, that was probably enough there.

Tenshi shudders in place, panting and looking adoringly at you, with a bright smile. With a sudden feeling of awkwardness, you realize that alien proportions or not, and wrong size or not, this whole scenario, ending with the tableau before you, is more than enough for General Bloodflow and Major Testosterone to hold a short briefing with Private Parts, who has made a point of saluting in their honor.

Frank coughs from the doorway.

"Should I, like... come back in ten, fifteen minutes, or something?" He asks, smirking.

"... No. God damn it Frank, I know what this looks like, but-" You say, wishing you'd had time to go get a cold shower before he'd crawled off the couch and become mobile.

"Yeah, it looks like you got a soldier standing at attention." He points out, interrupting you. "I'm kind of glad the barracks are still shut."

"Shut up."

"You know, that thing before, it really was just a joke, but... well, you know. I'm not judging you on this or anything, we're still buddies and all."

"Hrkgrkl die." You manage to choke out, as he laughs and retreats. You manage to catch him about two floors down, and by the time you both get back up, you each have a few tender bruises, and you force him to sit down and look up Tenshi types.

"Right, masochists, sure. So it was as good for her as it was for you." He notes.

"So help me, Frank..."

"Kidding, geeze, you need to lighten up. And like I said before, even if I wasn't joking, I wouldn't care Johnny boy. I mean, sure, you'd get odd looks if people found out, but that just means more human ladies for Frank~"

"Just. Drop it. Please." You groan.

"... Well, all right, but just for now." He says.

Alice has long since finished preparations for dinner, but while Tenshi looked around a bit after getting her dress back on, then decided it would be a good time to join Chen in napping, she's been going around the apartment trying to find something to do to keep herself busy. You let her know to tell you if the blobs made a mess, and you'd deal with it, but she'd insisted she could, so you gave in and let her take over the responsibility. They don't seem to like her, though. All of the blobs just shy away when she gets close. You aren't sure if it's because she's an Alice, and they know about the tendencies of the breed, or if it's due to the body thing, or some combination of it. Well, aside from that, you actually kept the place pretty clean, meaning there's not much to do, and Alice is at a loss as to where she fits in.

You made some queries about breeding, and had tried to be subtle about it, but had eventually just come out and asked Alice and Marisa what they would think about having kids with each other. The mutual looks of vague revulsion you had gotten from them both probably answered the question better than mere words could manage, but while Marisa had freaked out, Alice had just looked uncomfortable, then said that while she would 'prefer' not to, she would if you wanted her to.

Further questioning revealed that Alice just didn't think of the blob types as 'pretty', reacting to the thought of mating with one of them like... well, kind of like you would, if someone cut off some ladies head and asked if you wanted to take it into the back room and have fun with it. General blech all around. She said she thought she could do it, 'if she closed her eyes and thought of 'something better'' in the meanwhile. Marisa, for her part, hadn't taken the accusation of not being attractive well, and you'd had to shut things down for a bit, but she'd grudgingly admitted that Alice might have a point, because she herself thought bodies were absolutely hideous deformities. Not in so many words, of course, but you put it together. She flat-out refused, some of the spark from before coming back, trauma from the videos seeming to fade a little as she voiced her unhappiness of the idea of impregnating, or being impregnated by, 'one of those uneasy things'. Well, it's not like she would be the one with a choice in the matter, though.

But yeah, on thinking, it's probably the body that leaves them shying away.

"So the bodied types. They can cook, clean... it's a start. Would say that's a pretty good case for maids, or at least housekeepers of some kind." You say. "Any ideas of something the others can do, that's more involved than eating and shitting on things?"

"You're really on this. Well, I think the pet-thing would be fine to cover income 'til we have things going right. If you gotta have something, though... I guess spaces beneath couches or whatever are difficult to get at to clean. That's only really good for while they're still really little though, won't fit in places like that forever. Though I guess if something only takes pressing buttons or flipping little switches to operate, it's not too hard for one of them to deal with. 'Side from that, the only thing that comes up is maybe pushing a rag around on the floor to wipe up dust or mop up spills, and geeze, the others already'd do that better if they had little cut down brooms or mops or something." Frank says. "Look buddy, you got me on this one, I'm empty. Only got 'pet shop' and 'sell 'em to a bakery' for the normal ones, and I hesitate at the second, a bit. Why don't you tell me what you've dreamed up, then, you're the brains of this thing."

You shrug, not having any ideas on hand yourself.

"... Nothing I didn't already know about Tenshi yu's online, then?" You ask.

"Nah. They get along with Iku okay, and theres one guy who insists on pointing out 'lol, you can impale them on things and they won't die, they won't die if you jam an umbrella right through them, lololol, it's great to watch', and he links a video I'm not clicking on, but that's about it." He says in disinterest. "And they have peach jelly or preserves or something inside, like that's in any way relevant."

You shrug again, stretching. Vegetables are starting to smell pretty good, you guess it's not going to be too terribly long until dinner's ready, maybe another hour and a bit. That machine cooks kind of slow, though. Well, it's still fine.

---

4:29 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 37704
[X]Inquire with the bodied trio about how old they are. It would help to get an idea how long they take to reach a useful size.
[X]Interview the bodied trio in one-on-one sessions to try and get a better grip on their personalities, in order to figure out which would be a good nanny once breeding starts.
[X]Phone around regarding bakeries that might find the blobs useful. While it would be distasteful to sell them the properly traumatized trained ones, you could start a side business cleaning up nuisance yu's from the city streets and selling them for ingredients. It would shore up your fiscal numbers, if nothing else.
>> No. 37705
[x] Performance art!

I have no bloody idea what they could perform. Anyone got any ideas?
>> No. 37706
>more than enough for General Bloodflow and Major Testosterone to hold a short briefing with Private Parts, who has made a point of saluting in their honor.

Hahaha, oh wow, I'm liking this so much.

[X] Inquire with the bodied trio about how old they are. It would help to get an idea how long they take to reach a useful size.
[X] Interview the bodied trio in one-on-one sessions to try and get a better grip on their personalities.
[x] You or Frank, find a bakery to start a deal to sell them the yukkuri. It won't take long for them to overrun your place, at least for the blobs.
[x] Time for some googling. Search for close pet shops or other places dealing with yukkuri and accessories.

Alice is probably the best option for a nanny.

If we manage a deal with a bakery, we will have to start some intensive breeding of the blobs. Selling each head for 10M makes us a more appealing partner than the factory, and it's much easier than going around looking for yukkuri. Blob Tenshi is gonna be a great addition to their menu, since she has a different filling.
>> No. 37707
>>37706
You seriously think our only competition will be the Factory? Everyone and their mom is scouting bakeries right now. Same for pet shops. Frank's ideas might as well have a giant flashing Don't Do These sign hung on them.
>> No. 37708
>>37707

So you'd rather do nothing? Interessing way of making money there, bro.

The Factry is the easiest and most convenient way of acquiring yukkuri. Sure, other people might be thinking of the same idea, but not only there is no way to guarantee that, as there are an indefinite number of people participating in the competition, which is a convenient way of creating concorrence for every idea we have.
>> No. 37709
[X] Inquire with the bodied trio about how old they are. It would help to get an idea how long they take to reach a useful size.
[X] Interview the bodied trio in one-on-one sessions to try and get a better grip on their personalities.
[x] You or Frank, find a bakery to start a deal to sell them the yukkuri. It won't take long for them to overrun your place, at least for the blobs.
[x] Time for some googling. Search for close pet shops or other places dealing with yukkuri and accessories.

We need short term cash flow, and selling the blobs as food is the easiest option available. Unless we get a Patchurri and start teaching them to balance books, which would work even if we can only get the blob type.
>> No. 37711
How about we have a cafe that allows pet Yukkuris or something? Like a fusion of a maid cafe and a petting zoo.
>> No. 37712
[X] Inquire with the bodied trio about how old they are. It would help to get an idea how long they take to reach a useful size.
[X] Interview the bodied trio in one-on-one sessions to try and get a better grip on their personalities.
[x] You or Frank, find a bakery to start a deal to sell them the yukkuri. It won't take long for them to overrun your place, at least for the blobs.
[x] Time for some googling. Search for close pet shops or other places dealing with yukkuri and accessories.
>> No. 37713
>>37711

I like this idea. But it would most probably require human employee instead of Yukkuri, which would be extremely expensive, not to mention possible legal problems.

Also, there would be concerns about the customer's yukkuri. What if someone brought their precious Remirya to the cafe and it got our of control?
>> No. 37715
[x] Inquire with the bodied trio about how old they are. It would help to get an idea how long they take to reach a useful size.
[x] Interview the bodied trio in one-on-one sessions to try and get a better grip on their personalities.
[x] You or Frank, find a bakery to start a deal to sell them the yukkuri. It won't take long for them to overrun your place, at least for the blobs.
[x] Think up designs for a web page with Frank.

We can't sell anything unless people know we exist. Furthermore, I really don't see the blobs becoming anything more than a money sink, unless we get a good deal with a restaurant to sell them. If nothing comes up, we need to get rid of them; since they were wild until two days ago, they'd do fine on their own.

>>37711
I support this plan.
>> No. 37716
Might help to teach the bodied ones some wilderness survival skills at some point, in case case PETAthe Liberation Group ever gets their hands on them.
>> No. 37717
>>37716
...The whole house-helper business might even increase the chances of being targeted by them. But since someone is always going to be around to watch over the place, they can't exactly be too direct about it.
>> No. 37718
[x] Inquire with the bodied trio about how old they are. It would help to get an idea how long they take to reach a useful size.
[x] Interview the bodied trio in one-on-one sessions to try and get a better grip on their personalities.
[x] Ask them to breed with each other. No point in wasting time.
[x] Talk with Frank about the collars. You might have to make your own, if you're going to sell bodied types.
[x] Figure out how to contact some of your competitors. Maybe you can sell some blob types to them, undercutting factory prices and diluting the market.

That is if we are going to concentrate our core business on bodied types. We can get rid of useless eaters, make some quick money for next month, reduce blob types in value and make our place less "uneasy".
>> No. 37719
>>37718
Dude, why the hell would competition help push us forward by buying from us? Even if we point out our current last place, anyone remotely smart will see we're just the first who put a serious investment into the game.
>> No. 37720
>>37719
Do we have to tell them who we are? That guy in first place probably succeeded too. Also, it'd be less expensive than buying elsewhere. Should be positive sum for all involved.
>> No. 37721
>>37720

He probably sold it to someone who was, starting and didn't think about the factory nor know he was a contestant.
>> No. 37726
Really? I'd taken it that the one contestant that's profiting bought some yukkuri from the factory then just sold them onwards at an increased cost. The seller is guaranteed some money for doing absolutely nothing. I honestly expect that we'll see nothing else from that player as it's likely he was attempting to make some quick money and never had the intent of actually starting a business.

I wouldn't be surprised if the purchaser knew this, and it's not as if it doesn't profit the buyer. I mean they'd obtain a starting stock of four yukkuri which is twice the amount of most of the others. Of course, they'd have obtained some of the cheaper ones considering that we're in last place. Although I suppose it is possible that they didn't actually know about the factory.
>> No. 37727
File 132116454972.jpg - (103.90KB , 453x500 , e4d283324120220bfbdd74d8c0b9814c9f9cdb9d.jpg ) [iqdb]
37727
"Guess we'll have to look for a bakery or something tomorrow, or we're gonna be swamped in blobs." You say, as Frank shrugs. "10M a piece isn't much, but probably enough to be better than the Factory-"

You're cut off as Frank snorts, then starts laughing.

"You.. You serious Johnny boy? Really?" He says, chuckling still. "No, no. You really think the factory is selling the ones with good personalities, to be kept indefinitely as pets, at the same rate they ship out the ones that'll get used as food, once? Really?"

".... Uh." You say awkwardly.

"No, man, no. It's not sentiment that's leaving me balkin' at the bakery idea." He explains. "... well, I do feel a bit sorry for 'em, but no. It's cause there's no money in it. Look, you said they were selling Reimu and Marisa for twenty? That's with training and all that, and the expense of keeping them fed and alive 'til someone walks in the door." Frank points out. "That pushes up the price. If they're selling them as food, though, or I guess science experiments or whatever, they just need to be sorted a couple'a days after they're born, and all the ones that aren't winners can be shipped off for sale right off the bat. Whole, or run through a processor first. That don't take any money at all Johnny, and it means they're sellin' em cheap. Dirt cheap, since they don't have to put any time or effort into 'em. I'm talking one-money a dozen here."

".... Ugh." You say. "I hadn't thought of that."

"Yeah, and that's without every other Joe off the street jumping on this thing, undercutting each other left right and center. Now, I'm not saying we can't make some money that way... just that it's gonna be real slow going, and it probably ain't gonna be much. Not a winning plan." Frank says, shaking his head. "I can still poke around with that, same as asking around about people needing pets, but I'm really not seeing it outweigh food and care like pets might."

You sigh, rubbing your head.

".... Oh, hey. Looks like that guy sold something again. 'Lucky' Jack... he's up to 15M in score." Frank notes aloud. "Geeze, he hasn't bought anything either. Is he just picking these things up out of the woods, and turning around to sell them as cheap pets? He only had 5M before. I guess he might have sold to a competitor, but I couldn't say who, with all the numbers changing every so often."

"Who knows." You say.

"Well, just saying. Might want to take a look at this guy, see what the hell he's doing." Frank says. "Name's 'Jack Racker'... don't think I've met him, but it rings a bell somewhere. I'll be heading out later to chat with some people and see if anyone I know is interested in pets, you think I should ask around about him?"

"If you want. Don't push yourself too hard, though, you were up all last night. Wouldn't want you falling asleep in the middle of things."

"Heh, yeah, that's how I lost the last job." Frank admits, rubbing his neck. "I mean, I tried to sleep, but when the lady keeps coming back to demand 'just once more', you kind of-"

"That's really a lot more than I needed to know." You say, holding a hand up to silence him.

"Yeah. Explanation didn't exactly go over well with the boss, either." Frank says, shrugging.

You wrack your mind for ideas. Performance art. .... No. Do people really make actual money doing that? You can't imagine it pulls in much, especially if you aren't sure that the blobs would be any good at performances. You'll set the idea on the back burner for now, then. Another idea, though...

"Hey, Frank. You ever heard of 'Maid Cafes'?" You ask.

"... Nah." He says.

"It's this thing, like a normal cafe, except the waitresses are all dressed up like maids. People pay lots to eat there, because it lets them feel like they're the rich sort of person who can afford to have maids bringing them food." You say. "Don't know that anyone's done something like that here, but that might be a plan. Get that going, have the ones we have there working as waitresses... it'd also serve as advertisement, have someone eat there, there can be a note on the menu, 'your own pet maid, just...'. Just however much we sell them for. That'd open us up to some lower income levels, too, because even the people that can't afford to buy one of the fully trained ones to keep would probably be willing to stop in and have a coffee once in a while."

"Yeah, I get what you're saying, Johnny. You got a point there, and if they're the waitresses, then it involves Yukkuri enough to qualify for the contest. Yeah, that sounds like a plan. They're a bit short now, but hell, they'll get bigger. Might want to have little steps or something at the tables for a while, though." Frank muses. "... It's not exactly going to be cheap to start up, though. Yeah, I think I know a guy or two who might know someone that can let us use an empty space for a cut of the income, but that's gonna take time. And if we get one, it should be fine to leave a Cafe closed up and alone for the night, but a pet shop... that'd be a bad idea, leaving these ladies alone like that, would almost have to go ahead and move into a room above it."

"That liberation group." You note.

"Heh, yeah. Or hell, just thieves. Pitch a brick through the big glass windows a place like that would have, smash open the tanks, and start filling a sack, they'd be in and out in five minutes at most." Frank says seriously.

"Fine, fine." You say, still thinking. "... Need some kind of collar things, like the ones these have, in case of theft or whatever."

"Hey, there's an idea." Frank says. "Retrieval services. Advertise that we can go out and hunt for lost pets or whatever. Probably not great odds of actually tracking them down, of course, especially since none of these seem pretty qualified to hunt down or track things. Maybe Chen. But hey, that's an idea, right?"

... it is. That's something you hadn't thought of yourself, and it looks like Frank wouldn't have come up with it on his own without this conversation, either.

"So that's a few things." You say. "General housekeeping housepets, maid cafe, normal pet store and bakery plans, and your retrieval of lost pets idea. Cookeries probably aren't going to be terribly profitable, like you said, but keep them in the list for now. I guess if it comes to it, we can just go out and hunt down nests, or in a month or two scoop them up off the street, and turn them over to a place after hosing them down to get all the trash off. Won't get much out of it, but then we wouldn't be putting much into those either, and small profit's better than none."

You got it." Frank says. "I'll just lay here for a bit longer, since I'm going out tonight. Gonna take a bit of partying to get in touch with the people I need."

"Yeah, schmooze around. Maybe look for investors while you're at it." You say, rising. "You'll be heading out after dinner?"

"Yeah, not too long after." He agrees.

Well, that's fine. In the meantime, you need to chat with the pets.

"Look up pet shops and stuff nearby while you're there." You call. "Keep the pages open for me to glance at, later."

"Will do." He says, as you rouse the sleeping yukkuri.

".... All right, I'm not sure how to start this. To begin, though, I don't think you're all the same age, right? How old are you?"

"Chen is two weeks old, nya." Chen says cheerily.

"Alice was born on the Conveyor three weeks ago, Master." Alice answers. That bears out, she's a little taller, but not by much.

Tenshi is frowning at her hands, pointing at fingers.

"One, two, three.... um..." She mumbles. "One and three... two and three... Ah. Tenshi is two and three weeks old, almost two threes." She says.

"So, five, almost six weeks?" You say.

"Aheh... Tenshi is difficult to train, because Tenshi takes different methods." Tenshi says. "So, it took longer. And then, one week sitting in the room, waiting, because of the person dying..."

"It's fine." You say. "I just wanted to get a handle on how long it takes you to grow to adults. Not long, huh. You aren't that good with numbers, though."

"Numbers are hard." Alice defends. "Tenshi isn't bad, but Tenshi isn't Patchouli, either. Alice is a little better. Um, to adult, though... it's two days babies, then two days children. After that, three days of young-yukkuri, and then three days as almost-adult."

"Ten days, not even a full two weeks." You say. "Yeah, that's fast. I'm surprised you don't out-breed everything all the time, to be honest, with numbers like that. I guess the fragility comes into it, though. You're not so thin-skinned, though, Tenshi... why are your kind so rare?"

"Ah... Tenshi is not good at... judgement, or... mm.... self restraint, Tenshi is told." She says, musing. "So, a wild Tenshi likes hurting, like Tenshi does, but... doesn't know when to stop."

"... yeah, I guess that would do it." You admit. You try not to think of blobs with blue hair bounding toward, and off, a cliff with jagged and pointy rocks at the bottom. "Alright, we'll start with you, then, Tenshi. What do you like, dislike, and all that."

"Tenshi loves Master!" she says immediately, and you wave her along, pushing her into further thought about her answers as Chen yawns and somehow ends up in your lap, stretching as she curls up. "Mm... Tenshi likes the kitchen knives. And Tenshi likes the riding crop. Tenshi most of all likes living in Master's home, though. ... Tenshi was not expecting it." She says, trailing off in a quiet tone.

"And dislikes?" You push.

"... Tenshi does not like to be alone. Tenshi does not like to be ignored, either, but it isn't so bad. Tenshi... Tenshi does not like many of the Factory Machines." She says.

"All right, that'll do. How about you, Alice?"

"Alice loves Master. Alice likes cooking, and likes keeping things clean." She says, clearly thinking. "Alice... likes to be a useful pet. Master already keeps things in order, though... Um. Alice does not like... bulbous, smelly Marisa, rude and unsightly mess-maker." She sneers.

"Marisa doesn't like freaky-weird, stupid Alice much either, so Alice can eat Marisa's-!"

"Right, that's enough. From both of you." You say, interrupting the brewing conflict. "Anything else?"

Alice considers before speaking again.

"Alice does not like Factory Machines. Especially the Processor." She says, flatly.

"Right. And you, Chen?"

"Chen loves Master's lap~" she says, snuggling in. "Mmm... Chen likes sunbeams, and napping, and warm, cozy places, and jumping on things smaller than Chen, and sunbeams, and..... um."

"Okay, I think I get the picture, there." You say, mildly amused.

"Hm.... Chen doesn't like water." She says, after some thought. "Or the Factory. Ah... Chen remembers, Chen also likes Ran-shama.... but Chen has never seen a Ran-shama. Mrr..."

"It's fine." You say, shrugging as you lean back a bit into the couch. You don't think you got much from that, that you couldn't have guessed on your own, but all three were pretty definite in their dislike of the Factory, or at least its machines.

Well, judging by the smell, dinner will be ready by about six. There's enough time to do a little more, there.

---

5:12 PM

Most notable competitor: 'Lucky' Jack Racker


[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 37728
I have no idea what to do. Seriously, I'm drawing a blank here.

>Chen also likes Ran-shama.... but Chen has never seen a Ran-shama. Mrr...
Thus the hunt for a ran-type begins.
>> No. 37733
[x] Do research on the various types of yukkuris, such as their personalities, their wants and their dislikes.

Being knowledgeable about yukkuris, even the rare types, would convince people you know what you are doing.
>> No. 37736
[x] Bounce the idea of being maids off of the yukkuri.
[x] Ask them to breed. Tenshi on Chen and Alice, Chen on Tenshi (Alice need to be the mother). 10 days is almost time for the event on Day 14. Need those babies quickly.

After reading the yukkuri wiki a bit, I noticed Alice types tend to kill their partner by mating with them. Actually, they die by being impregnated, since the stalks drain the yukkuri's energy and nutrients until it dies or the children are born.

And since that event is 12 days from now, we might as well have adult yukkuri, just in case. There isn't any useful information, but being prepared won't hurt.

>[x] Research hybridization techniques. Most are ineffective, and cruel.

You mean breeding? Why not just asking and letting them work it out? Shouldn't be painful.
>> No. 37738
[x] Ask for more detail about the Factory machines.

I'm curious. A yukkuri's view of the place.
>> No. 37739
>>37736
>Yukkuri hybridization.

>You mean breeding? Why not just asking and letting them work it out? Shouldn't be painful.

No, he means the MAD SCIENCE method of cutting two yukkuri in half and gluing different halves together or filling a Marisa with Reimu bean paste. This typically results in insanity. If you can get the result to breed you might end up with something similar to Rachel. Might. It is astoundingly hard to induce something like Rachel without stooping to the Factory's level.

Actual vote:
[x] Bounce the idea of being maids off of the yukkuri.
[x] Do research on the various types of yukkuris, such as their personalities, their wants and their dislikes.

Also, let's not traumatize any more yukkuri if we don't have to - we don't need to force them to relive their time in the factory just to find out that the anti-factory protesters have a point. The wood chipper was enough on its own.
>> No. 37740
[x] Bounce the idea of being maids off of the yukkuri.
[x] Ask them to breed. Tenshi on Chen and Alice, Chen on Tenshi (Alice need to be the mother). 10 days is almost time for the event on Day 14. Need those babies quickly.
-[x] In the meantime, do some research about different Yukkuri and, specially, rarer types.
>> No. 37741
How many times have we researched yukkuri on the internet? I know we're kinda lost without many ideas on what to do, but repeating the same thing three or four times?

[x] Bounce the idea of being maids off of the yukkuri.
[x] Ask them to breed. Tenshi on Chen and Alice, Chen on Tenshi (Alice need to be the mother). 10 days is almost time for the event on Day 14. Need those babies quickly.
[x] Take a look at the blobs. How are them and instruct them to behave. The bodied yukkuri are friends. Alice will probably have to help taking care of them.
>> No. 37742
>>37741
Eh, there's not much we can do right now. Mind the yukkuri until Frank finishes partying.

[x] Take the yukkuri for a walk.

At least we can get a change of scenery with this.
>> No. 37743
[x] Bounce the idea of being maids off of the yukkuri.
[x] Ask them to breed. Tenshi on Chen and Alice, Chen on Tenshi (Alice need to be the mother). 10 days is almost time for the event on Day 14. Need those babies quickly.
>> No. 37744
[x] Bounce the idea of being maids off of the yukkuri.
[x] Take the yukkuris for a walk.
[x] Research hybridization techniques. Most are ineffective, and cruel.

Alice seems quite suited for it, and Tenshi's durability would ease the worries of accidents. Chen, on the other hand, seems pretty lazy, and would only be good for the pet store.

Vote changed to include a walk. I'm sure our apartment isn't the most thrilling of places to be 24/7.
>> No. 37745
>>37741
We've only researched what we needed never any more than that. The vote is for a more general research before having to do it.

[x] Bounce the idea of being maids off of the yukkuri.
[x] Spend a bit of time with the blobs.
[x] Do research on the various types of yukkuris, such as their personalities, their wants and their dislikes.

Honestly I don't want to come off as if we're favoring the bodied ones too much or else the blobs would become unruly.
>> No. 37746
I should note that you probably don't want all three of them potentially giving birth at the same time, seeing as you can only be in so many places at once, and Frank might not be there when it happens. If you stick with just two, you'll have one of the bodied ones able to give a hand should Frank be out.
>> No. 37747
We already have some beautiful baby blob yukkuri that will be ready in time for the event, anyways. I bet Reimu will be a better mother than any of these bodied slatterns.
>> No. 37752
File 132122775952.jpg - (72.16KB , 450x563 , c777380237cefeb4899d8e69e4fdd8fb1460b6d8.jpg ) [iqdb]
37752
"So, how would you three like to be maids?"

".... Alice doesn't know. Alice doesn't really want to cook and clean for anyone but Master..." Alice muses hesitantly.

"Nah, not sending you out. Just dressed up, acting like maids, and carrying food to tables." You correct. "Like waitresses."

"If Master says so, Tenshi will do it." Tenshi says. After that, Alice doesn't waste a second clarifying that she'll also do whatever is ordered, and Chen follows up with similar, though sleepy, sentiments.

... Well, you guess it's fine.

"Anyway, I guess the only thing left is to have you all breed right away." You decide. "Tenshi. I'd like you to make Chen, here, a mother."

"... Mrr?" Chen says in mild surprise, though she doesn't seem upset. You lean back, moving your hands to let the feline Yukkuri move off your lap.

She doesn't. After a second, your lap just gets heavier, some soft noises start up, and Reimu and Marisa start hurriedly whispering for their babies to cover their eyes and look away, from inside the mesh pen. You hesitate to look down, pretty sure you know what you'll see.

You look down anyway.

Yes, they're mating, as instructed. Right in your lap. Enthusiastically. All over your lap. It looks like Tenshi decided it would be less difficult to just do it there, rather than try to make Chen move. Neither seem to mind, much, as Chen makes soft little cries and purrs the whole time, and then Tenshi tenses and spasms, collapsing over Chen and starts breathing heavily as one leg twitches.

Something damp-sounding drips onto your pants. You quickly move the two of them off, and stand up, wiping it away. Looks like just a few drops of jelly, though. Tastes like just peach jelly, so it should be fine through a wash... oh. Tenshi is blushing. Oh right, that's..... huh.

Well, that wasn't exactly comfortable.

"I really meant for you to get off my lap, first, Chen." You say, dryly.

"Didn't wanna." She says, yawning and stretching. "It was nice there. Tenshi was nice too, though."

"Yeah, I'm sure." You say awkwardly. "I've got to... wash my hand, now, and see if i can rinse this off my pants before this stains. In the meantime, I guess... Tenshi, you make Alice pregnant, and Chen, you make Tenshi pregnant."

"Ohoho~ Tenshi will be a delicious filling~" Tenshi says, as Alice blushes, and Chen looks interested.

You don't really care to watch as they work out the details of who impregnates whom, when, and make your way quickly to the bathroom to wash your hands with soap, and then change your pants, rinsing the leg of this pair before hanging them up in the shower.

They're done, apparently, by the time you've changed your clothes, and it's only a couple seconds work with a paper-towel to deal with the mess. You should probably have thought to move them off the carpet. Well, in any case, Tenshi looks very pleased with herself, and the other two do look a little more relaxed as well.

... It kind of irritates you, to be honest. Even so, you ordered them to do this, so it's not like you can complain about their afterglow. None of them have stalks growing, so you guess the infants have started to grow inside. Well, you guess you'll see the results sometime inside the next twenty four hours.

Well, in any case, you should probably get some general research done, if only to have some knowledge base in these things. Frank has drifted off into a nap anyway. You take the laptop from him, click the pet-store windows out of the way to look at later, and sit back down on the couch, looking through the information available.

You've barely had enough time to start glancing through when Alice calls out that dinner is ready, setting out a pair of bowls and spoons. There's a small clamor from the blobs, children at least seeming to expect to have a meal now as well, but Alice just sets those two bowls out and moves to the bedroom to start jostling Frank a bit, rousing him from his stupor, as Tenshi heaves the pot-cooker slowly over towards the table. Looks like they don't expect to eat alongside you, or the same food.

---

6:01 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 37753
>You lean back, moving your hands to let the feline Yukkuri move off your lap.
>She doesn't. After a second, your lap just gets heavier, some soft noises start up, and Reimu and Marisa start hurriedly whispering for their babies to cover their eyes and look away, from inside the mesh pen. You hesitate to look down, pretty sure you know what you'll see.
>You look down anyway.
>Yes, they're mating, as instructed. Right in your lap. Enthusiastically. All over your lap.

Hahaha, holy fuck, I can't stop laughing. This story is the best, man. I missed these kind of scenes.

[x] Have dinner. Duh.
[x] It's ok for them to have dinner with their master. But that's because they are special and important yukkuri.
[x] The blobs eat alone.
[x] Ask them about their pregnancy. Why is it different from the blob's stalk?

Yeah, these three are important, alright. Cost us 200M and one is a very rare model. They are also polite and don't make a mess, so it's ok.

Also, sentimental value. The blobs may have been the first yukkuri we acquired, but it's not the same thing. They were found, and are common. While the Reimu mother might be ahead of the Marisa, none are even close to the responsibility and investment the bodied types represents.
>> No. 37754
[x] It's ok for them to have dinner with their master.
-[x] The blobs eat now as well. Find them some food.
[x] Ask them about their pregnancy. Why is it different from the blob's stalk?
>> No. 37755
[x] Bounce the idea of being maids off of the yukkuri.
[x] Spend a bit of time with the blobs.
[x] Do research on the various types of yukkuris, such as their personalities, their wants and their dislikes.

Lets not breed them just yet...
>> No. 37756
File 132123231826.jpg - (7.30KB , 215x235 , slow.jpg ) [iqdb]
37756
>>37755
>> No. 37757
[x] It's ok for them to have dinner, but keep an eye on them.
-[x] The blobs can eat now as well, unless they recently got fed. Find them some food.
[x] Ask them about their pregnancy. Why is it different from the blob's stalk?
[x] Observe the blob's locomotion. Would it be possible to put trays of food or something on their heads?
>> No. 37758
>> 37757
probably not, unless you have like 4 small blobs or 2 big ones working in tangent. And even then that's kinda risky since they don't have opposable thumbs.
>> No. 37759
[x] It's ok for them to have dinner with their master.
-[x] The blobs eat now as well. Find them some food.
[x] Ask them about their pregnancy. Why is it different from the blob's stalk?
[x] Spend some time with the blobs.
[X] consider investing in a shotgun. Not necessarily to use but... there aren't many thief deterrents better then the sound of a shotgun racking.
>> No. 37762
[x] It's ok for them to have dinner with their master.
-[x] The blobs eat now as well. Find them some food.
[x] Ask them about their pregnancy. Why is it different from the blob's stalk?
[x] Spend some time with the blobs.

16 to 24 hours of gestation, right? Well, I guess there's a fairly high chance the births will happen at different times, and we probably weren't going to do much between 10 AM and 6 PM tomorrow anyways, right?

...We're going to need some newspaper to lay over the floor, or bed, or wherever.
>> No. 37763
[x] It's ok for them to have dinner, but keep an eye on them.
-[x] The blobs can eat now as well, unless they recently got fed. Find them some food.
[x] Ask them about their pregnancy. Why is it different from the blob's stalk?
[x] Observe the blob's locomotion. Would it be possible to put trays of food or something on their heads?
[x] Spend some time with the blobs.

I think we should spend some time as to at least check on how they're doing and how Marisa is behaving.
>> No. 37764
[x] It's ok for them to have dinner with their master.
-[x] The blobs eat now as well. Find them some food.
[x] Ask them about their pregnancy. Why is it different from the blob's stalk?
[x] Spend some time with the blobs.

I swear that Johnny here would be mortified if this ever gets out. He better hope none of the yukkuri unthinkingly mention it.

Also, I have to hope we continue to have a high average intelligence in our Ease of Yukkuris.
>> No. 37765
File 132123831368.jpg - (166.95KB , 858x1000 , tumblr_ltu4btJvI01qiog4o.jpg ) [iqdb]
37765
Hey Kahi!

I don't follow this story (just Doll's and Patchy), but I saw this image and thought of you.
>> No. 37766
File 132124886589.jpg - (95.36KB , 653x675 , unrelatedPic.jpg ) [iqdb]
37766
"Go ahead and set three more bowls out, Alice." You say, as you start pulling the cereal-feed out of the cupboards.

"... What, you're letting them eat at the table now, Johnny?" Frank says, stumbling out of the bedroom.

"Don't see any reason why not." You say, as Alice hesitates, then goes ahead and sets more bowls and spoons out as you pour cereal onto a flat plate. "These are an investment, and all. It's not like I just picked them up off the street, like those others."

"Well, you do what you want, Johnny." Frank says, as you set the plate down in the pen and the blobs jostle to see who gets at it fastest. Reimu has to step in more than a couple times to prevent bigger infants from shoving smaller ones away from the food as they gorge themselves. "Not like I haven't met a guy or two'll have their dog's dish set up at the table with 'em while they eat, so it's not too out there."

"This is a little different, though, don't you think?" You argue, ladling portions out before sitting, the pets having to stretch upward a bit to reach, still not quite fitting the chairs properly. "I mean, they have hands. They seem like they can be trusted to use silverware, right?"

"Alice will not make a mess!" Alice assures you, as Frank sets in.

".... Tastes a little sweeter than you'd expect." He muses. A check of your own confirms this, the vegetable stew does have an odd, fruity undertone of sweetness. Not bad, though.

"The secret in-gre-dient.... Is l-o-v-e!" Tenshi almost sings, giving a thumbs-up.

"Secret ingredient is Tenshi's filling, from cutting fingers open and rubbing into vegetables." Alice corrects.

... That gives the odd sort of flavor the same sort of awkwardness as a fast-food waiter pausing to say 'hey, I accidentally bled all over all of this before I cooked it, my bad'. It's still not bad, though. Just unusual.

"Hey, get me another bowl of this, it's pretty good." Frank says.

"... Tenshi doesn't want Master's Roommate to be the one enjoying Tenshi's flavor." Tenshi sulks.

"Relax, you. I'll eat plenty, but Frank's heading out in a bit. Idiot needs to eat, have something in his gut so he doesn't drink too much and get falling-down drunk before he can do what he needs, right?" You say, filling a bowl of your own along with Frank's.

"Geeze, lay off will you? I'm not dumb enough to get plastered when I have to talk business." Frank grumbles. "Anyway, heading off now. Nothing'll get started seriously for another hour or two, but it'll give me time to get in places. I'll be back when I get back.. probably around one, maybe."

"Geeze, I'll be asleep by then. There's a duplicate key in that drawer over there, grab it before you go, and you can let yourself back in later."

"Yeah, yeah." He says, rising to his feet. "I'll give you a ring if something right-now urgent comes up, but I doubt it will. See ya, Johnny boy." Frank says, as he saunters out of the apartment.

You shake your head as you keep eating. As you'd kind of expected, there's still a lot in the pot. Leftovers, you guess, since you think you can maybe eat one more.

"You three are fine with just one bowl?" You ask, as none of them have made any move to get at the pot or ask for more.

"One is enough." Alice assures you, even as she's started gathering empty dinnerware to haul over to the sink.

She looks a little awkward when she finishes, then fills the sink with water. Then she pauses again, and returns.

"... Um. Alice doesn't want to leave dishes dirty, but..." She says, awkwardly.

"Yeah, you guys'll dissolve won't you. Don't worry, I'll get that later." You say.

"Alice can do it! Just... Alice needs to have rubber gloves, or Alice's arms will..."

"Like i said, don't worry about it." You say, waving it off, even as she looks troubled. "I'll handle it before I go to bed. I want to ask you all though, I think I started to read about it, but why do none of you have stalks?"

"Diff... erent ways." Chen says, yawning mid-word. "Chen has babies growing inside, because babies were made one way. If babies were made another way, babies would grow from a stalk."

"Stalks are good for blobs, and if yukkuri can sit in one place until babies are born." Tenshi says. "But inside is better, and won't get in the way like stalk might. So instead of rubbing until a stalk grew, Tenshi put-"

"I think I figured out the mechanics earlier." You say, dryly. "No need to re-hash those. Anyway, I guess I should spend a little time with Reimu and Marisa. Want to check something..."

You put the empty bowl in the sink, and then go ahead and move the roughly half-full pot of stew into the fridge, before spending a few minutes standing by the pen. Marisa seems to have drifted off to sleep in a corner, and Reimu is focused on watching the babies, so none of them seem to notice you at all, at first. Looking shows that they move almost entirely by hopping, though there's the occasional moment when one'll 'crawl' for a short way, before pouncing on one of its siblings, sending the both of them rolling end over end. That won't do for carrying trays at all, the bounce will throw things around and spill them all over the place. Maybe just balancing it on their head and crawling, but then you'll have to figure out exactly how much they can actually carry around like that, and how much will crush them beneath the weight. Probably wouldn't be fun experiments.

It looks like they can't miss seeing you forever, though. Eventually, the one tiny Reimu infant pauses in its play, seeming to squint through the mesh, and then looks up at you.

".... Ah! It'j mischew slabe! Tage id eajy, Mischew slabe ij hewe!" She calls out, in excitement, and Marisa snaps awake.

"No, no no no, don't say that, little one!" Marisa says, flipping gears from 'sleep' directly to 'panic', and skipping every intervening stage. "Don't say 'mister slave'! Don't say it!"

"Bababa-bud! Mischew slabe bringj eajy food! Why shouldn't weibu say hewwo?" The infant yells back, upset that it's being educated. "Weibu wantch mowe easy food! Weibu wantch Mischew Slabe to bwing lotch! Dwaddie ij being uneajy! Weimu will puff until daddie begj for fowgibenej!"

"It's fine to greet mister! It's fine to ask for food! But little one must say 'please', and must not say 'mister slave'!" Marisa insists.

"Dwaddie ij schtupid!" the little Reimu jeers. "Dwaddie ij chkared becauj mischew slave ij big! Bud weibu knows bedder! Mischew slabe ij captibated by de beaudy ob weibu's sparklig eyej dad chine like dieamondj, and puffy braidj like de sofchest feaderj, and will do whadeber weibu sayj! Showwy fow being sho cyute, dwaddie! Mischew slabe, bwing more munch-munch now, okay? Lotch ij fine!"

.... Marisa looks appalled and horrified, to the point she can't speak, by the infant's sudden misbehavior. You can almost see all the videos you showed her flashing before her eyes, as you reach down and pick the infant up off the bottom of the pen.

"M-mister, please, the little one doesn't know-"

"WHAT IJ CHIDDY MIJDER CHLABE DOING, WEIBU SAID MUNCH-MUNCH-"

"What the little one is saying, it's still too young, a-and so-"

"Quiet." You say, and Marisa's mouth snaps shut. The little reimu keeps howling, even as Marisa shrinks back, and the big Reimu looks between the two of you, warily.

"CHO GET MUNCH-MUNCH RIGHD NOW, AND PUD WEIBU BACK DOWN, WEIBU DOEJN'D WANNA FLY IN DE SKY, JUSD BRING FOOD AND-"

"I said 'quiet'." You say, moving your hand so that your palm covers the infant's entire face, muffling its high-pitched howls and sparing your ears. You have to think about how to handle this. You don't really want to crush the baby while you can still, in theory at least, sell it. Marisa is making a soft noise of distress like that's exactly what she expects you to do though. Reimu also looks unhappy, but doesn't seem able to work up the nerve to respond to your actions in any way, and the other infants don't seem to have decided how to react yet.

---

6:58 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 37769
[x] Traumatisation Therapy

I dunno if this one is old enough to understand it yet, but it's worked both for Patchurri and for him so far, so it's worth a shot.
>> No. 37772
[x] No food until it apologizes and treats you with respect, tell them your name while your at it. If it moans then tell the group there's alot worse punishments you are capable of but don't want to use.

I'm not sure if traumatizing one so young is a good idea. It may have a permanent effect.
>> No. 37773
yea. If we get lax they'll run all over us. And technically I'm pretty sure it's more humane than some other methods.

Great now I'm curious at what the factory does so we have something to compare it to.
>> No. 37774
[x] No food until it apologizes and treats you with respect, tell it your name while your at it.
[x] Isolate it from the others.
[x] If you come back and it keeps up then on to the traumatic video's
>> No. 37776
[x] Ask the mother Reimu what she thinks.
[x] Do whatever mom-Reimu says.

>Mischew slabe ij captibated by de beaudy ob weibu's sparklig eyej dad chine like dieamondj, and puffy braidj like de sofchest feaderj, and will do whadeber weibu sayj!
It's true. I will. She's got me pegged.
>> No. 37777
[x] No food until it apologizes and treats you with respect, tell it your name while your at it.
[x] Isolate it from the others.
[x] If you come back and it keeps up then on to the traumatic video's
>> No. 37778
[x] No food until it apologizes and treats you with respect.
[x] Isolate it from the others. Make sure you specify it was being bad.
[x] If you come back and it keeps up then on to the traumatic videos.
[x] Consider 'peach flavor' option.

Interesting. As the Tenshi apparently needs to be hurt, and we seem to be leaning toward a Yukkuri Cafe, it seems like it would make a good option to include "peach flavoring, ??M" on the menu, then have the Tenshi, well, bleed all over the dish.
>> No. 37779
[x] No food until it apologizes and treats you with respect, tell it your name while your at it.
[x] Isolate it from the others.
[x] If you come back and it keeps up then on to the traumatic videos.
-[x] Only two or three.

Solitary followed by punishment tends to work. Also, we scarred Marisa fairly well, so maybe we should ease up a little on the baby, if it comes to that.
>> No. 37780
[x] No food until it apologizes and treats you with respect, tell it your name while your at it.
[x] "If baby Reimu continues to misbehave, baby Reimu won't get any food. Instead, baby Reimu will become the food!" Threat her to put her in your mouth.

Simple like that. Babies shouldn't be isolated from their family, and Marisa is trying to educate her properly. I think just a small threat is fine, to put her in line while her parents teach her.
>> No. 37781
[x] No food until it apologizes and treats you with respect, tell it your name while your at it.
-[x] Ask the mother Reimu what she thinks.
-[x] Ask the father Marisa what she thinks.
No reason to keep being rude
>> No. 37784
>>37781

But we're not the ones being rude.
>> No. 37785
[x] You're a nice guy. Alice will not be so nice. Threaten to hand misbehaving babies over to Alice.
[x] No food.

Ah, deferral of responsibility. How I love it.
>> No. 37786
File 132130861026.png - (56.14KB , 525x300 , 1317912888491.png ) [iqdb]
37786
"Alice." You call. "There should be a jar of pickles in the fridge. If I'm remembering right, there should only be two or three left in there. Go ahead and put them on a plate, then dump out the brine in the sink and wipe the inside with a paper towel for me, would you?" You ask.

You wait a few minutes, ignoring the dough-ball's muffled howls as Alice calls out her assent.

"You're being really rude, you know." You say, though you doubt the infant can hear you over its own attempts at wailing. "You don't remember what happened when daddy was rude like this? Daddy got no food. Because rude, troublesome yukkuri do not get fed." You say slowly, less for the ball's own edification, and more to keep the other infants from throwing a tantrum over this. You only have two hands, after all.

Thankfully, they seem to, if not understand the whole thing, at least feel smug enough over the fact that the troublesome Reimu is being punished, and they aren't, to keep quiet.

Alice enters with a wiped-out jar, and you drop the infant inside. It snaps angrily at your fingers as you withdraw your hand, and only then does it seem to register its surroundings. Its face takes on a cast of disgust as you pull out a small pocket-knife and make a few quick punctures in the lid.

"Chtinky! Shtinks in hewe, shmellsh bad! Can'd tage it eajy! Tage weibu oud righd now, mischer slabe!"

"No." You answer simply, as you screw the cap back on.

Little Reimu looks aghast at the declaration, but you nod at the containment. Nice and solid, the floor here is carpet so as long as you don't have it too high up, it won't break even if the infant inside knocks it over... well, the infant itself might break, they seem sort of fragile. You'll just leave it sitting on the floor, then. And even if it topples it over, and starts pushing at the inside of the cap, you punctured it from the inside, so all the pointy parts are on the outside, it can't hurt itself that way either. No, it's not getting out until you let it out.

"Bababa-bud mischer slabe ij mischer slabe, and weibu ij weibu and mischer sclabe haj to do wad weibu sayj!" It argues.

"That's where you're wrong. I'm not your slave. I'm your owner." You correct sharply, even as it puffs up in defiance. "My name is John... I can see I'm not getting through to you. We'll see how a little time in the jar helps that bratty attitude of yours, though."

"Dwop dead, chiddy owd geejer!" It yells at you. You shake your head and go get a bath towel, which you drape over the jar. "... Id'j nighd dime? Weibu don'd wanna shleep yed!" it complains, still yelling from beneath, but muffled.

"That one's going to be a problem." You say aloud, then you shrug, and look Marisa right in the eyes. "There's worse things I could do, though. Right, Marisa?"

The head shudders, backed into the corner furthest away from you.

---

7:17 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 37787
[x] Comfort Marisa.
[x] Call your mother.
>> No. 37788
[x] Comfort Marisa.

She's been a good yukurri.
>> No. 37789
[x] Comfort Marisa.

[x] Call your parents to say hello...

[x] figure out punishment methods... rulers perhaps.

[x] Consider buying a shotgun to deter thieves and would be liberators.
>> No. 37790
[x] Comfort Marisa.
[x] Call your parents to say hello...
>> No. 37791
[x] Comfort Marisa.
[x] Play with the good blobs.
[x] Ask the bodied what they do for fun, Allow them to join in if they want.

While blob types are easily enough entertained (seem to be somewhere between a child and a dog) the bodied types seem more intelligent and may have different tastes.

It's also a good time to show them we're not all grumpy and punishments.
>> No. 37792
Don't assume the bodied ones are smarter just because they have bodies, 'kay? Blob types would be just as intelligent if they were selected and trained by Sam.
>> No. 37793
[x] Pet Reimu and Marisa. Teach the blobs that they will only be punished if they misbehave. The parents need to educate their children properly too.
[x] Warn Marisa that if their children are born different, specially with bodies, they should call for you, Frank, or the bodied yukkkuri before doing anything to the baby.
[x] Talk to the Bodied Trio about th blobs, again. Not about mating this time, though having bodied Reimu/Marisas would be good. The three of them will have to help taking care of the blobs if/when needed. Specially about keeping an eye out for any bodied yukkuri that might be born.
[x] How many beds do you have? Frank is already taking the couch, and blobs have their own pen, but the new yukkuri don't have anywhere to sleep on, do they?

I guess we didn't think about where the yukkuri are going to sleep, did we? Can't have them sleeping on the floor all the time, it's unconfortble and will leave bruises on them.

Well, Chen might be fine with that, being a cat, and all, while Tenshi might enjoy the hard floor, but Alice would probably be better with a proper place to sleep on.

I'm also eagerly waiting for the scene where a yukkuri sneaks into John's bed. If it's Tenshi I'm totally giong to vote to impale her~
>> No. 37796
[x] Comfort Marisa. As long as everybody's well behaved, nobody has any reason to fear.
[x] Interact with the blobs for a bit. Could help get a better idea of their mind works.
[x] Look online for affordable different types.
[x] Find something soft for the things.

Since we showed her the videos, Marisa's been pretty cool and also tries to keep her kids in line. No reason to be cruel to her just because.

Also, I propose we discuss what kind of business we want, since it lets us make future choices and plans with that in mind. I, personally, favor starting a Yukkuri Cafe. We have a handful of trained yukkuri with hands, and apparently the training will be passed down. We've got a signature flavor from the Tenshi, which needs to hurt itself anyway.

As a side note, is the site on yukkuri mentioned in the story the Yukkuri Wiki, and would stuff from there be part of John's knowledge?
>> No. 37797
>>37793
>I'm also eagerly waiting for the scene where a yukkuri sneaks into John's bed. If it's Tenshi I'm totally giong to vote to impale her~
What the fuck, man.

In any case, the things are so fragile that they would probably get crushed by John in his sleep.
>> No. 37798
>>37797
>What the fuck
He is sexually attracted to beings that have been mentioned in a sexual context. Shocking, I know.

What's yukkuri hair made of? Delicious candy?
>> No. 37801
[x] Comfort Marisa.
[x] Warn Marisa that if their children are born different, specially with bodies, they should call for you, Frank, or the bodied yukkkuri before doing anything to the baby.
[x] How many beds do you have? Frank is already taking the couch, and blobs have their own pen, but the new yukkuri don't have anywhere to sleep on, do they?

>>37798

Well like frank said, it's not unheard of. Just really really weird. I've even just found out there are human/yukkuri hybrids out there...
>> No. 37803
>>37797
>>37798
>>37801

I wasn't really serious about that. Although such thing would be rather comical, so maybe I will just do that.

Besides, what's so bad about human-shaped beings with very human-like characteristics? Think of yukkuri as people with minor deformities, like dwarfism. (Wait, is dwarfism a 'minor' condition?).

>What's yukkuri hair made of? Delicious candy?

I've been wondering that too. Might ask about that later, so we have what to do next day.

>I've even just found out there are human/yukkuri hybrids out there

Now that is creepy.

Though, a bodied yukkuri giving birth to a John shaped yukkuri would be hilarious.
>> No. 37804
[x] Comfort Marisa.
[x] Play with the good blobs.
[x] Ask the bodied what they do for fun; let them to join in if they want.
[x] Warn Marisa that if their children are born different, especially with bodies, they should call for you, Frank, or the bodied yukkkuri before doing anything to the baby.
[x] Talk to the Bodied Trio about the blobs, again. Not about mating this time, though having bodied Reimu/Marisas would be good. The three of them will have to help taking care of the blobs if/when needed. Specially about keeping an eye out for any bodied yukkuri that might be born.
[x] How many beds do you have? Frank is already taking the couch, and blobs have their own pen, but the new yukkuri don't have anywhere to sleep on, do they?

Keeping a sharp eye out for bodied types will be necessary.
>>37801
Best not to think too hard about it, though they are hardier and smarter than normal bodied yukkuri. I also begs the question: if two yukkuri/human hybrids mate, do they have a 25% chance of producing a yukkuri, a 50% of another hybrid, and a 25% chance of a normal human?
>> No. 37807
File 132133495047.jpg - (486.43KB , 687x966 , johnsmom.jpg ) [iqdb]
37807
".... Yeesh. Relax, you. I'm not going to do anything drastic to any of you unless you leave me no other option. And you've been a good girl, right? C'mere."

Marisa shrinks back, but it's not like it has anywhere to run to. In the end, it settles for trembling as you carry it over to the 'smaller couch'. In actuality, it's just a wider-than-normal chair, though. It keeps on shivering as you sit down, holding it in place as you lift up the hat brim.

"Let's get a look..." You say, inspecting the stalk, and attached blobs. ... Something seems a little off about them. Well, they look like they're growing fine, though, from what you can tell.

"Looks like your babies are growing nicely." You say, letting the brim fall back down, as you rub at the thing in... well, what you hope comes across as a comforting manner. "That's good. I guess they'll come off on their own sometime tonight."

"Marisa dunno." It says, still trembling a little beneath your hand, but not quite ready to bolt at the first opportunity any more. "Babies come when babies come."

"Right, sure." You say, leaning back in thought.

... Well, now would be a good time to make a phone call. The odds of Frank needing you right away, when he already said it would take a couple hours just to get in somewhere, are pretty long. And you've been thinking about making this call, too.

You pull out the phone and just stare at it for a minute, before almost reluctantly keying in your mother's phone number. The phone rings a few times before it gets answered.

"Hello?" She says, voice slightly static-y. "Who is this?"

"It's me, Mom." You say, already bracing yourself for what's next.

"... Johnny! Why, I wasn't expecting you to crack and call your dear old mother for another week yet. Have you found a job?" She asks, cutting straight to the point.

"Sort of." You answer, ambivalently. There's a moment of silence before she sighs.

"Johnny, you know that's a question with only two answers. 'Yes' and 'No'. Now, have you found a job or not?"

"It's complicated." You say. "And it's still in the start up stages, but I'm going to try starting up a business."

"A business? Really? Well, that is something." She says, sounding just slightly interested.

"Yeah. I'm partnering with Frank on this." You say, getting right to the point she would take initial issue with.

".... Frank." She says, interest gone, and a strong note of disapproval suddenly in her voice. "That boy. Oh, he's so unreliable, dear."

"I really think he's going to come through this time, Mom." You insist.

"Well, you would." She snaps, before sighing. "You always were thick as thieves with that little wastrel, since long before he started to show signs of becoming the good-for-nothing layabout he is today. By then, of course, it was too late to separate you."

"That's not fair." You point out. "A lot of it really is just bad luck on his part."

"Oh, I'm sure that's what he says, dear, but the boy hasn't held a job for longer than a month in all the time since he's started working. You just start noticing patterns, after a while."

"It's the truth. Why do you just automatically assume that he's going to lie to everyone about everything that makes him look bad? That first job, the Factory one? He got let go because of an inevitable equipment failure that just happened to happen while he was in charge of things."

"Oh, he told you that, did he?" She says.

"Yes. He did." You say, flatly. "And I believe him. Everything breaks, sooner or later. It's not like it matters, though, nothing I say is going to change your mind, and there's never been anything you could do to force me to stop being friends with him. And not for lack of trying."

"Hrm. Well, at least I've managed to keep you from those wild, hooliganish parties of his. Where is he right now, by the way?"

"... Networking, for the business." You say, hoping against hope that she won't pry further.

"Oh, 'networking', is it? I don't suppose that he might be networking at a party, maybe?" She says, arrow hitting right in the bullseye.

"... I don't see how that's relevant." You say, rather than answer.

"Tch. Typical. I don't doubt the lad's abandoned you to do the full share of the work, and he'll come by around pay day to collect an equal portion of the rewards." She says, with a sniff.

"It's not like that at all. Already, he's been a great help, and an extra person is invaluable. ... Look, let's just move on, neither of us are going to get anywhere with this."

"Oh, very well." She says. "So tell me something about this business of yours you're starting."

"... I plan to open a cafe." You say, getting the parts she'll likely agree with out of the way first. At a considering noise, you continue. "The waitresses will be dressed in maid uniforms."

"Ugh. How very chauvinistic." She says, in clear distaste for the thought. "Well, I don't doubt you'll have a number of Frank's low-brow ruffian acquaintances as clientele for such an... establishment."

"It's not a brothel! It's a cafe, mother. Just, there'll be a different uniform. ... and the waitresses will be yukkuri." You say, trying to rush the last bit out in a soft mumble she might not catch, or at least might not comment on.

No such luck.

"I'm sorry, what was that last bit, dear?" She asks slowly. The way she does when she actually has heard perfectly well, and is just giving you time to change your answer.

"The waitresses." You say, flatly. "They're going to be Yukkuri."

".... Ah." She says, distaste now sharp. "Yes, I recall, I saw that flyer the Demon Queen had spread about town, and the nonsense posted all over it. What rot. I suppose this was that Frank's idea, then? Pulling you into this absolute rubbish, businesses based around the little vermin that clutter up the streets so good people can't walk past without kicking them out of the way, don't doubt they have all manner of terrible diseases..."

"It's not like that." You insist again. "Not the gutter trash you see all over the streets some times of the year. Marisa was a little trouble at first, but Reimu has behaved beautifully. And Alice, Chen, and Tenshi are all well trained, polite, and definitely worth the investment!"

"The investment?" Mother says, sounding aghast. "You spent money on horrible little vermin to clutter up your apartment? Ugh, how absolutely foul, I could have sworn I raised you better than that, dear."

"Yes, I spent money to buy them! I don't regret it, and I won't regret it, no matter how you try to frame the situation." You say, shortly.

"Oh, you will." She replies. "You ask me, you should wash your hands of the whole mess and dump the things with the rest of your garbage."

"I am not throwing them out." You say, voice heated a little.

"You'd better!" Mother shrills back at you . "If you expect to come back and live at my house again after this, this fiasco has fallen through as I expect, then you better go ahead and throw the filthy things in the river and start looking for a real job."

"It won't happen. Don't bother trying to argue me into it. Go ahead and put dad on the line, so you can vent in peace, because you know neither of us are going to be listening to what you say at this point."

She fumes, and she rants a little, but after a couple of minutes she does turn the phone over.

"So, how you doing, boy?" Your father says, tone mellow. "Overheard you're starting a business?"

"Yeah. I guess you've caught the details. Yukkuri maid cafe." You say, cooling down a little.

"Hm. Well, I know your mother doesn't approve of them." He says. "... I used to have one of my own, when I was your age, though. Chen. They tell me she was a sort of slightly rarer kind?"

"Not the rarest. But of the ones you can be expected to find in the wild, yeah, she's up there."

"Hm. Guess I was a lucky tyke, then. Any case, people shrill about them, and disagree here and there, but I always found that as pets went, she was a good one. Always went in the litterbox, didn't break things on purpose, you could even have a conversation if you wanted and get a little further than a normal cat. Well, I did love the old girl. Of course, then I met your mother, and we hit it off right away... and she found out about Chen. Now, you know that she doesn't like 'em, and I'll spare you the details but we were pretty far along in our relationship by that time. So as it happened, I ended up with an ultimatum. Either little Chen was going to leave me... or your mother was."

You cringe slightly as he continues.

"Well, suppose there's no difficulty in guessing how that turned out, but old Chen, she kept coming around every so often. Guess she never quite got it through her head that she didn't belong here any more, and of course your mother ran her off with a broom every time. She kept on for a little after you were born, though I don't suppose you'd remember that. You were still a little tyke when your mother ran her off for the last time, she zigged when she should have zagged, and old Chen found herself getting a real close up look at some tire treads. Cryin' shame. Well, that's how life turns out sometimes, though. And anyway, I've meandered a little, so let me get right to my point. This is your decision boy. Not mine, not Frank's, not your mother's no matter how much she carrys on at the two of us. Ain't nobody got the right to make it for you, and I'm not gonna advise you one way or the other. Now, if you do get rid of 'em... that's money gone you'll never be getting back, but you'll have backup plans. You've still got, what, about a month's rent of time to find work and even if you don't manage it, you'll have a place to come back to while you keep looking. Now if you don't, then your mother's opinion aside, you might just succeed at this. Then, you might fail, and if you do then things are going to be mighty hard on you, son. Mighty hard. Still, isn't anybody's choice but your own, and I'll do what I can to help you out-"

"Oh, you'll do no such thing while he's harboring those wretched little pests." mother interjects, voice only barely understandable.

"I'll do what I can." He repeats again. "... Just don't you expect too much now, it's your mother you inherited that thick skull of yours from, boy."

"Thanks. But I've already made up my mind on this." You say.

"Well, you keep at it, then. Do your old man proud, you hear? Go ahead and call me sometime your mother isn't screeching in my ear to back her up on things, we can chat again."

"Sure, sure." You say, as the line goes dead. You stare at it for a moment before slipping it back into your pocket.

It looks like Marisa fell asleep under your hand at some point, though it wakes as you rise and carry it back to the pen. It doesn't seem quite so jumpy, though it's definitely still very wary of you.

"All right, Marisa, I need you to pay attention to this, okay?" You say softly. "When your babies are born, if any are different, I need you to tell me so I can look at them before you do anything else. If they're different in any way, but especially if they're different in the way that Tenshi and Chen and Alice are different, I need you to call me over quickly, all right? If I don't answer, you call Frank next, and if he doesn't answer then you call Tenshi, Chen, or Alice over. You pay attention and help too, Reimu." You say, turning your attention from one to the other after you get a sleepy noise of assent.

You spend a moment after that playing with the infants, who squeal in delight as your hand joins the fray, wriggling around and rolling into it and pouncing at it to get rubbed. Yeah, at this stage it seems like a lot of what higher mental faculties they might have gets put on hold during play-time, they're a lot like puppies or kittens. Though they can get in a lot more trouble, you note, as angry murmuring rises from beneath the bath-towel as sounds of mindless happiness increase. You withdraw pretty quickly, though, only playing long enough to lighten your mood from the chat with your parents.

Chen and Tenshi look up from their chairs, where they were starting to doze off, as you enter. Alice, for her part, is standing over near the sink, looking a little distressed at her inability to just go ahead and stick her arms into a liquid that will eat them away.

"Hey, I said don't worry about that, didn't I? Anyway, I need to talk to you guys. It's about the others, again."

A look of mild unease crosses Alice's face, but your wave it off.

"Not about breeding you with them, I don't think I'll be going that far. But sometimes bodied types happen even when both parents are blobs, right? I'm going to ask you three to help me keep an eye out for that, if it happens. I'm going to ask you to help handle the blobs too, but especially to keep an eye out for bodied Reimu and Marisa."

"Ooh! Tenshi can help raise the little Marisa if they come, alongside babies that look like Tenshi!" She offers.

"Chen will handle Reimu." Chen says, yawning. "Reimu are not so tiring usually, Chen thinks."

"... Nothing is left for Alice." Alice says, looking a little distressed over it.

"Hey, it's all right. You'll have your own little ones to raise, and you can pitch in to help with the others, if it comes to that. It's not even likely that these next babies from those two, or the ones after that, or the ones after that, are going to have any bodied babies." You point out.

"Mm.." She says softly, and you change the subject.

"Well, so what do you guys do for fun?" You ask. You recieve similar looks of vague confusion from all of the trio. "You do stuff for fun, right?"

"Chen likes to nap in the sun." Chen offers, after a moment. "And Chen enjoys jumping on little scurrying things smaller than Chen."

"The riding crop is fun!" Tenshi says. "The riding crop is very fun~"

"So, no like... board games, or movies, or anything? Or I guess, playing like the babies do." You say, not sure exactly what you'd expected from the question.

"Alice likes movies." Alice says, speaking up unexpectedly.

"Movies are boring." Chen counters. "Chen would rather do things, or just sleep."

"Movies are good!" Alice argues. "Movies are... instruct....ional." She says, taking a moment to sound out the word. "Sam often brought movies to watch, and show how things are done."

"Oh, you mean like the cooking channel? Is that part of how he trained you?" You ask.

"Cooking chan..." Alice says, quizzically, then shakes her head. "Cooking, cleaning, fixing clothes... many things. ... Master doesn't have things for sewing, though, or clothes that need fixed. And pointy needles will go through Alice's fingers if Alice is not careful." She says, seeming disappointed at the lack.

Well, that's one more thing it looks like Alice can do, though you guess Tenshi or Chen might also be capable of. It's starting to get late, though, your conversation on the telephone took a good bit of time. It's well past dark out, and you guess tomorrow will be busy, with three expecting mothers. It always seems like quite a ruckus even when someone's dog just gives birth to a litter. Well, there might be time for a shorter movie before you sleep tonight, or you can just keep it in mind for tomorrow. Going to sleep earlier means you can set the alarm to get you up earlier, though you should probably keep at least a good eight hours of sleep-time going. Frank won't likely be up until mid-afternoon, if he gets back past one.

---

8:31 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 37808
Well i guess that's it for the day.

[x] set up a place for the bodied types to sleep and go to the bathroom out of the way so frank doesn't stumble over them when he comes back in
[x] go to bed
>> No. 37810
[x] Ascertain yukkuri reaction to wearing a uniform. Find out the thoughts of the non-trained ones too. Are they fine as long as they have their accessory, do they need the accessory showing, or do they need training to accept a uniform?
[x] See if there's any useful half-hour programming on TV such as a cooking show or children's educational program. Try and make sure it doesn't feature yukkuri being harmed. Go to bed when it's over, unless you're on a roll.
[x] Take the opportunity to remind them not to mess with complicated looking stuff you haven't told them to use.
[x] Take the time to make a quick floor plan of cafe.
-[x] Yukkuri Area: where our Yukkuri spend time when they aren't doing anything else. Would ideally consist of a number of cubicle-like spaces, with movable dividers (and roofs for the odd type that can fly), enough for a good number of separate enclosures.
-[x] Table Area: Standard restaurant stuff, just should include steps for the littler ones, and maybe a way of keeping the things out from under the tables.
-[x] Kitchen Area: Just a regular kitchen? You dunno, you're not a cook.
-[x] Outside Area: Preferably would have enough space for some fancy flowers near the entrance and a small garden in the back (or on the roof). Probably would be a lot of work, so you should wait to do this until you manage to get a yukkuri that can garden, or some cheap human help.
[x] Make Frank examine your plan in the morning.

Sorry for the wordy vote.
>> No. 37813
[x] Play Monopoly. Let the blobs play too if they want, someone else can roll dice for them.

A simple game for simple beasts. In before John doesn't own a Monopoly set.
>> No. 37815
[x] Set up a place for the bodied types to sleep.
[x] Watch some TV with Alice before heading to bed. Something for all ages or 14 and over.

Didn't really understand the bathroom part of the vote, so I'm cutting it off.
>> No. 37817
[x] Set up a place for the bodied types to sleep out of the way so Frank doesn't stumble over them when he comes back in.
[x] Go to bed.
>> No. 37818
>>37813
Monopoly is the game that ruins relationships. Are you sure you want that?

[x] Set up a place for the bodied types to sleep.
[x] Watch some TV with Alice before heading to bed. Something for all ages or 14 and over.
>> No. 37819
[x] Set up a place for the bodied types to sleep.
[x] Watch some TV with Alice before heading to bed. Something for all ages or 14 and over.

I wonder if he gets Mythbusters? It's probably not very popular in this city, all things considered.
>> No. 37820
[x] Set up a place for the bodied types to sleep
[x]Keep the way to the bathroom clear
[x]Go to sleep. Early to bed, etc
>> No. 37821
[x] The bodied types sleep in the pen.

This racism is getting annoying, guys. Blobs are peopleyukkuri too.
>> No. 37823
File 132139237174.jpg - (288.78KB , 500x844 , b3bd63df3353ced84633df41b1cab7eb63dcdb09.jpg ) [iqdb]
37823
The problem, of course, is that you don't have a tv, and would already have pawned it if you did. But on the plus side, you have a laptop, and internet. So it's not really that big of a deal.

You leave it playing a short recorded program, some cooking with whatever chef person thing. Alice seems to enjoy it. Tenshi and Chen, by contrast, are less than impressed, and the feline has already curled up to drift off into a nap rather than watch the intricacies of ham-glazing.

Well, it gives you enough time to set up someplace for them to sleep. Frank's already laid claim to the real couch, and even as small as they are, they aren't all going to fit in the chair without smothering each other in their sleep. There should be a couple spare pillows around here though, and some rolled and wadded up towels and stuff should do it for tonight, at least. The dishes are soaked properly by now, and the remnants of dinner wipe off almost without effort, and it only takes a moment to put those away.

Alice seems to be trying to memorize the shown instructions through sheer force of will, but you doubt she'll get far. With a limited time-block, and everything pre-prepared in advance for the show, the chef is talking at full speed. By the time you've managed to note what he said for one step, he's already passed the next one by, and has no intention of stopping. Of course, they have a completed product waiting to pull out of one of the ovens, to display what the end-result is supposed to look like if everything goes perfectly. You doubt the one he quickly shoved in the other oven to cook will look quite as nice as this one, more extensive effort seems to have gone into it.

Anyway, you don't doubt that he did give the entire set of instructions, but you would have to play it back two or three more times if you wanted to note everything down. Waste of time, when you can just look up the recipe itself online.

It's only the work of a moment to transfer Chen over to the cushioned sleeping-place, though, and Tenshi gets up to yawn and stroll over there herself when she sees what you're doing. Alice keeps her eyes locked onto the screen until the credits start rolling, though, and then you close up the laptop.

"Time for bed, Alice." you say, checking to be sure the trouble making infant is set somewhere where Frank won't trip over it, then going around to check locks and get lights.

You'll have to check around and see if you can pick up some kind of simple board games or something to fill time with, eventually, you decide. Well, probably not tomorrow, though. You take a moment to wash your face before getting ready for bed.

You've almost managed to drift off when you start hearing a faint rustling. Then there's a slight draft as something crawls up into your sheets, cutting off as they fall back down. There's a hug at your thigh for a few moments. One of them snuck into your bed. That's... it's pretty cute. Yeah, you guess it's fine, you don't move much in your sleep anyway.

... The tiny hand slipping into your boxers isn't as cute. Much less a mouth engulfing okay. You're suddenly sitting up and scuttling back against the headboard, sheets pulled away.

Alice is looking up at you, eyes wide with surprise.

"What." You say, trying and failing to figure out the proper words to use, brain slightly jarred at the moment. "Just... what. Why. Huh?"

"Alice wants to help Master!" She explains, without explaining at all.

"But you're already a help." You argue. "I mean... you made dinner, right? With Tenshi's help."

She's shaking her head. Oh boy.

"Alice wants to help, but Master doesn't have much to help with. Cooking-pot is too easy, works on its own. Master has no stove or oven. Master has no sewing things, or clothes that need fixing. Master's home is already clean, and Alice cannot hold hands in water to wash dishes without gloves, so there is nothing for Alice to do. Chen is Chen, and can just be Chen, and Master will be happy, Tenshi is Tenshi, and can take all the pain Master wishes to give, and enjoy it, but Alice is just Alice. Alice wants to be helpful, because Alice wants to be useful, because Alice is not useless.Alice doesn't want to be useless! Useless Yukkuri are re-processed! But there's not much for Alice to do for Master's home... But Alice can still be useful, this way! Alice watched all the movies that were brought! Alice can make Master feel good and be happy. Then Alice will feel useful, again!"

"Watched all the... wait, that guy had you watching porn too, on top of the other things? Why... well, I guess I can answer why, given all this, but..." You say.

Alice has started to crawl forward, a determined look in her eyes. It doesn't take you that much to hold her at arms length, though.

"Look. You don't have to do this just because you think it would.. make me happy, or whatever, okay? I mean, seriously, do you even want to do this sort of thing?"

"Yeeeeesss~" Alice answers. "Alice wants to. Alice wants to very much!"

".... What. But you looked horrified when I asked about Marisa and the other."

"Different. They don't look right." Alice says. "Thought of it, with them, makes Alice's insides churn. But Tenshi is good. Chen is good. Master is very good..."

.... Hoo boy. She's still trying to get past your hand, and it doesn't look like she's going to let up on this. She's starting to look upset that you're preventing her from getting at... well, that you're keeping her from 'making you feel good and happy'. You aren't entirely sure about her argument, either. You'd be pretty much okay with it even if she just slept every minute she could, like Chen, she doesn't need to go out of her way doing things for you. Or to you. Or with you, for that matter. You're not entirely sure that she gets that, though, and she looks ready to burst into tears.

... it's not like you'd even mind it, too much. It's not unknown, either. You can just see what Frank would have to say if he found out, though.

"You crazy kids have fun now, just remember to put a sock on the door or something so I don't accidentally walk in on you if I decide to bring a lady-friend back!" Imagination-Frank says, giving a cheery thumbs-up.

... Okay, so Frank might not really care. But what about your parents?

"Hey, you do what you gotta do, boy, ain't nobody got the right to make this decision for you but you." Imagination-Dad say somberly, puffing at a pinch of tobacco from his pipe.

... That is deliberately misconstruing his words, Imagination-Dad. You're fairly sure that his well-meaning encouragement doesn't apply to this at all.

... You can just imagine what Imagination-Mom would have to say about it, too, though to be honest it pushes you a little to go ahead with it, just because you know she'd disapprove. It's just desserts for all the psychotic and absolutely shrewish young witches she kept trying to set you up with. Especially Serah. Oh boy, Serah had been horrible. You hadn't slept properly for weeks after her family moved out of the City to run a farm, for fear she would leap out of a closet. But your mind has wandered way off track by this point, and in all honesty, you'd rather get back to pretending the bat-shit insane young woman had never existed.

"P-please, let Alice make Master happy..." Alice says, tears starting to well up.

---

9:15 PM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 37824
>>37810

WHAT

SHIT WHAT

OH GOD WHAT

MY MIND IS FULL OF FUCK
>> No. 37826
Okay what.

[x] Prevent her.
[x] If Alice is acting like this because she doesn't feel useful, find something for her to do tommorrow.
-[x] Waitress training. As of yet, she's one of two bodied yukkuri with a suitable temperament. Then she can be in charge of teaching manners and stuff to the newborns.
>> No. 37827
[x] Think about Serah.
I want details.

[x] Alice, stop. Tell me about re-processing. Tell me about your training. That will make you useful. Soon, you'll be a waitress. You'll have lots more to do then. Don't worry.

If Alice was emotionally stable, I'd be okay with this. She is not.
>> No. 37828
and about a minute or two of incoherent mumbles, grunts, and facial twitch later...

[x]...accept you aren't winning this
[x] put sock on doorknob
>> No. 37829
>... The tiny hand slipping into your boxers isn't as cute. Much less a mouth engulfing okay. You're suddenly sitting up and scuttling back against the headboard, sheets pulled away.

Lol'd.

[x] Think about Serah.
Me wants Yandere bitch info.
[x] Alice, stop. Tell me about re-processing. Tell me about your training. That will make you useful. Soon, you'll be a waitress. You'll have lots more to do then.
Yeah, let's.... not.
>> No. 37830
Awesome.

[x]...accept you aren't winning this.
[x] Let Alice try her best.

I am very amused at this development.
>> No. 37831
[x] Think about Serah.
[x] Alice, stop. Tell me about re-processing. Tell me about your training. That will make you useful. Soon, you'll be a waitress. You'll have lots more to do then.
>> No. 37832
[x]...accept you aren't winning this.
[x] Let Alice try her best.

I'm voting this at least partially for if Patchy ever gets a good look at the data on the City - if there's any data we can influence now it's this stuff. It'd be worth at least twice the lulz if Rachel was reading this over her shoulder.

Also, yukkuri are weak vs. mental issues, so let's not give them any more than we need to.
>> No. 37833
Fuck it

[x]...accept you aren't winning this.
[x] Let Alice try her best.

YUKKURI BLOWJOB WOO WOO WOO
>> No. 37834
[x] Think about Serah.
[x] Alice, stop. Tell me about re-processing. Tell me about your training. That will make you useful. Soon, you'll be a waitress. You'll have lots more to do then.
>> No. 37835
[x]...accept you aren't winning this.
[x] Let Alice try her best.
[x] Think about Serah too.

But I wanna know about the crazy stalker girl!
>> No. 37837
[x] Think about Serah.
[x] Alice, stop. Tell me about re-processing. Tell me about your training. That will make you useful. Soon, you'll be a waitress. You'll have lots more to do then.
>These things are, they're like animals, right? What kind of right minded person is going to pay to fuck someone's dog, Frank?

Seriously, Anon?
>> No. 37838
>>37837
Well... Satori calls Orin and Okuu her pets and look how many fans want to fuck them.

Honestly I'm speechless at such a thing.
>> No. 37839
[x] Think about Serah.
[x] Alice, stop. Tell me about re-processing. Tell me about your training. That will make you useful. Soon, you'll be a waitress. You'll have lots more to do then.

No... Just no. Nothing is happening tonight.
>> No. 37840
>>37838
That's different. They're anthropomorphic.

wait a minute
>> No. 37841
[x] Think about Serah.
[x] Alice, stop. Tell me about re-processing. Tell me about your training. That will make you useful. Soon, you'll be a waitress. You'll have lots more to do then.
>> No. 37842
HAHAHHAHA, OH WOW. OH FUCKING WOW. I fucking love you Kahi, you're the best.

[x]...accept you aren't winning this.
[x] Let Alice try her best.
[x] IMPALE HER WITH YOUR MANLY MIGHT, and prey there won't be any John shaped babies tomorrow.

So I wasn't really serious that time, but I can't lose this opportunity for such fun. I guesse right about it being Alice the one to visit at night. Though I like Tenshi more, an ALice is fine too.
>> No. 37844
[x] ...accept you aren't winning this.
[x] Let Alice try her best. When she's done...
[x] Tell me about re-processing. Tell me about your training. That will make you useful. Soon, you'll be a waitress. You'll have lots more to do then.
[x] Think about Serah.

My first instinct was to vote against this, then I thought about how Tenshi was trained to ask for beatings instead of cause trouble. Maybe Alice was trained to do these things to let off her sexual urges, and denying them will eventually cause her to snap and revert to a rapist. Indulging them might also have that effect, though, so it's still important to ask just what the hell the factory does.

Also, Alice is pregnant: don't squish her or her babies.
>> No. 37845
[x] [Whatever is winning.]
[x] Promise Alice some rubber gloves. You'll buy them tomorrow.
>> No. 37846
>>37844
As much as I hate to agree, you may have a point. Still, unless it's something important like that, my vote against still stands.

Even if it is necessary, we don't have to do it ourselves. Dog owners don't have intercourse with their pets when they're in heat, and neither should we.
>> No. 37847
>>37846
It can also be construed as a reason not to go along, as it's a learned behavior and letting her go ahead with what she wants to do will just reinforce it and pass it down to her offspring.

Nip it in the bud now or be prepared to hit horrible new levels of creepiness.
>> No. 37848
[x] Think about Serah.
[x] Alice, stop. Tell me about re-processing. Tell me about your training. That will make you useful. Soon, you'll be a waitress. You'll have lots more to do then.
[x] Promise Alice some rubber gloves. You'll buy them tomorrow.

Alice, honey, you're adorable... but this is just plain creepy.
>> No. 37849
[x] Think about Serah.
[x] Alice, stop. Tell me about re-processing. Tell me about your training. That will make you useful. Soon, you'll be a waitress. You'll have lots more to do then.
[x] Promise Alice some rubber gloves. You'll buy them tomorrow.

Yea, if she were sane then this wouldn't be that bad. But she obviously went sorta crazy during the training. Looks like another thing we need to fix before our cafe shop.

It's a shame we're not a psychologist or something.
>> No. 37850
And maybe once she grows in height so she stops looking like a doll or kid would help.
>> No. 37851
Sorry Alice, but DO NOT WANT.

[x] Alice, stop. Tell me about re-processing. Tell me about your training. That will make you useful. Soon, you'll be a waitress. You'll have lots more to do then.
[x] Promise Alice some rubber gloves. You'll buy them tomorrow.
>> No. 37852
Alice no! down girl.
>> No. 37853
[x] Alice, stop. Tell me about re-processing. Tell me about your training. That will make you useful. Soon, you'll be a waitress. You'll have lots more to do then.
[x] Promise Alice some rubber gloves. You'll buy them tomorrow.

Pets that look like little human kids? Yeah, fuck no. Sigmund Freud would have a field day with you guys.
>> No. 37854
[x] Think about Serah.
[x] Alice, stop. Tell me about re-processing. Tell me about your training. That will make you useful. Soon, you'll be a waitress. You'll have lots more to do then.
[x] Promise Alice some rubber gloves. You'll buy them tomorrow.

The sex is calling to me, but...
>> No. 37855
This is too fun to not happen.

Also, as >>37832 and >>37844 stated, this seems to be the best. Yukkuri shouldn't suffer unecessary stress, and Alice won't be at ease if she's not doing something useful. Besides, this behavior seems to be hardcoded into her, and it will repeat itself on her babies regardless of what we do. It won't disappear with just one day/night.

[x] ...accept you aren't winning this.
[x] Let Alice try her best. When she's done...
[x] Tell me about re-processing. Tell me about your training.
[x] Promise to buy rubber gloves.

She will become a waitress. That's still a distant future, as we don't even have an investor yet. Alice needs to do something now.
>> No. 37856
[x] ...accept you aren't winning this.
[x] Let Alice try her best. When she's done...
[x] Tell me about re-processing. Tell me about your training. That will make you useful. Soon, you'll be a waitress. You'll have lots more to do then.


Ok, that was...interessing. And very cute, if a bit wierd.
>> No. 37858
The stop vote is winning by four at the moment.
>> No. 37860
>>37858
Thank god for small favors.
>> No. 37861
[x] Alice, stop. Tell me about re-processing. Tell me about your training. That will make you useful. Soon, you'll be a waitress. You'll have lots more to do then.
[x] Promise Alice some rubber gloves. You'll buy them tomorrow.
>> No. 37862
[x] ...accept you aren't winning this.
[x] Let Alice try her best. When she's done...
[x] Tell me about re-processing. Tell me about your training. That will make you useful. Soon, you'll be a waitress. You'll have lots more to do then.
[x] Think about Serah
>> No. 37863
[x] ...accept you aren't winning this.
[x] Let Alice try her best. When she's done...
[x] Tell me about re-processing. Tell me about your training. That will make you useful. Soon, you'll be a waitress. You'll have lots more to do then.
[x] Think about Serah.

I don't see why not. It's an important form of bonding with her, and it will make her happy. Chen can be happy just by lazing around, Tenshi we already made happy. Alice is the only one left.

It would be good to have al three of them to genuily like us. Also, yukkuri is my fetish.
>> No. 37864
[x] ...accept you aren't winning this.
[x] Let Alice try her best. When she's done...
[x] Tell me about re-processing. Tell me about your training. That will make you useful. Soon, you'll be a waitress. You'll have lots more to do then.
[x] Think about Serah.
>> No. 37866
[x] Alice, stop. Tell me about re-processing. Tell me about your training. That will make you useful. Soon, you'll be a waitress. You'll have lots more to do then.
>> No. 37867
>>37862
You might want to stop using a name. The email field is usually left empty or used for sage.

Read this: >>>/gensokyo/6052
>> No. 37868
>>37833
this

[x]...accept you aren't winning this
[x] put sock on doorknob
>> No. 37869
[x] ...accept you aren't winning this.
[x] Let Alice try her best. When she's done...
[x] Tell me about re-processing. Tell me about your training. That will make you useful. Soon, you'll be a waitress. You'll have lots more to do then.
[x] Think about Serah.

don't want to take chances on the lust of someting known to rape our new livelihood to death
>> No. 37871
[x]...accept you aren't winning this
[x] put sock on doorknob
[x] Let Alice try her best.

hahaha oh wow
>> No. 37872
[x] ...accept you aren't winning this.
[x] Let Alice try her best. When she's done...
[x] Tell me about re-processing. Tell me about your training. That will make you useful. Soon, you'll be a waitress. You'll have lots more to do then.

Tiebreaker?

>>37863

Has a nice idea. Bonding John and the yukkuri. This may also help him to consider them more than just objects for business.

Well, at least the three bodied ones. The rest will have to be ridden off. Unless there is a hidden Resistance route, or a Fuck Society route where John lives isolated with his three preciousness.
>> No. 37873
[x] Accept that you are totally winning this.
[x] Alice, stop. Tell me about re-processing. Tell me about your training. That will make you useful. Soon, you'll be a waitress. You'll have lots more to do then.
[x] Promise Alice some rubber gloves. You'll buy them tomorrow.

If I wanted porn, I would be go to /at/.
>> No. 37874
[x]...accept you aren't winning this.
[x] Let Alice try her best.
>> No. 37875
17-16. 18-16 if I count 'whoever's winning' guy.

I'll just go ahead and call it now so this vote doesn't extend for forever with ties and counter-ties.
>> No. 37876
File 13214721433.jpg - (63.55KB , 312x445 , 37.jpg ) [iqdb]
37876
>>37875
> 18-16 if I count 'whoever's winning' guy.
Picture related.
>> No. 37877
File 132148502840.jpg - (134.34KB , 480x536 , 1dd1758ed2fecedf7ce5f015026541e4ce09efec.jpg ) [iqdb]
37877
... It's just not worth it to upset her like this, though. You sigh.

"Alright, fine, then. You don't need to do this, but if it'll calm you down, have it your way."

"R-really?" She says, tears already starting to dry up as you move your hand. "Alice will make Master very happy!"

"Sure, you do that." You say, leaning back and looking away as she sets in to work.

It's... she's a lot better than you expect, somehow. Not that you really have much to base it on, though. You used to have a small 'aid' for this sort of thing, which you had gone through some significant hormone-addled trouble to get your hands on, a few years back. In the end, you accidentally threw it away when your mother started a determined effort to clean your room, and you had concealed it in the trash can in order to keep her from finding it as she rummaged through your drawers without regard for privacy.

Well, it had seemed like a good idea at the time, anyway. And it had worked, in the sense that she hadn't noticed it, but your plans to later retrieve the item were foiled when she carted all of the sacks of trash out to the street all at once, where the garbage collector had been politely waiting to carry them off.

You'd mourned its loss, but never gotten around to purchasing a replacement once the most violent pangs of puberty had passed, and you found yourself unwilling to go to such an extensive effort again.

It only crosses your mind because, while it was good in its own way, and certainly a better alternative than the minimal options you'd had available at the time, this is so much better. It's warm, around you, and damp, and the gentle pressure of... did her tongue just get a little longer? It did. It very much did. Your eyes cross as it coils around you, sliding wetly, as her hands work at...

Too much. It's just too much. Alice lets off a soft noise of surprise as you move your hands, holding her head down as you shove with your hips, but she doesn't struggle. After a moment, you awkwardly move your hands away. She doesn't pull back immediately, but continues with what she's doing for a few moments, seeming to savor her work before pulling away, a light 'pop' of suction left behind.

"Ahehe... Master gave lots~" She says, clearly pleased with herself. "Alice was good?"

"... Yes." You admit, since there's no real point to denying that you'd enjoyed it, by now. "You didn't have to... but it was good."

"Alice is glad~" She says, smiling brightly. Then she lifts her skirt. "Alice will use this, next, to make Master happy~"

"... Ah, wait. I can't do it again right away." You point out, reasonably. "And you're pregnant."

She's also very small, and in more ways than just the obvious. You aren't sure you could get your pinky inside of what she's displaying, much less... well, you're roughly of an average size, nothing to call the press over, but you're not sure this is going to work.

"It's okay." Alice says, crawling up to lean into you. "Alice is small. And Master is big. But Alice will go slowly, and be very careful. Alice will be fine. Babies will be fine. And Alice and Master will be very happy~"

"Oh? That's the first time that your own enjoyment has come up, I think." You point out, in some small amusement. "So this isn't all just for me?"

"... Ah. Alice is sorry." she says, morosely. "Alice should be focused on Master. But Alice can't help but enjoy..."

"It's fine." You say. "I'm sure guys all like to know the other part of things is having fun too. Well, unless they're just scum."

"Eheh. Alice is glad to have Master as Alice's Master~" She says. She's been quietly toying with you all this time, though, and your anatomy has started to do a little more than just stir in response. "Master is ready. Okay! Alice will go slowly..."

Her back is set firmly into your chest as she moves down, pausing just above you to work carefully at herself with one hand. It takes a moment, but then she moves a little further.

Oh. Oh. Just a bit, but the two of you are joined, and it's... even better than before, though you would have outright laughed if anyone had told you. Alice gasps, and breathes heavily as she slowly moves down just the tiniest bit at a time, millimeter by incredible millimeter, pausing every so often to shudder all over, entire body trembling.

"It's okay. You don't have to go any further." You say soothingly. "If it hurts too much, just stop."

"Doesn't hurt... Alice doesn't hurt at all!" Alice insists. "Because it's Master, and so... even though it's big. Even though it feels like Alice will break in half. Alice feels good~" She says, finishing in a moan. "Alice wants more. Alice wants all of Master..."

... You find it really hard to counter an argument like that, especially as she slides herself a little bit up, only to drive further down. It's just... such incredible warm pressure surrounding you, squeezing in, but slick... it feels like you're going to melt. It's your turn to shiver now, as she presses on with her tactic, just a little further, and a little further at a time. The friction is really starting to get to you, and you can feel her insides... almost flowing, swirling around you, from the other side of the thin layer of whatever it is squeezing you so tightly.

"A... ah~" Alice moans as the final short distance is crossed. "All of Master... All inside Alice. So good, Alice can't..."

You shift a little, and she spasms, letting loose a soft cry. You move a little more, and she twitches with every subtle shift, breathing heavily. ... You could get used to this.

"A-Alice is.... and again, Alice is... ngh~" She whimpers, as you move, very slowly and gently. Her skirt is pretty clearly showing her pleasure with this course of action, and one of your hands slips under.

"I'll make Alice feel good here, too~" You decide slyly.

"A-ah!? Master... Master is touching... Kyee~"

.... Oh? That was very fast. You had hardly had the time to just rub a little, there, and now your hand, and a patch of your sheets, is covered with sweet-smelling custard trails. Well, it's enough for you to hit your own limit, and then lean back against the headboard, Alice breathing heavily and limp against you.

"Haaah..... haaaah..... love. Alice loves Master. So much." She says softly.

You rub her head, and if she was Chen, you're pretty sure she would be purring now. Loudly.

"Made a mess, though." You point out wryly, holding up one hand for her to view.

"Ehehe~ Alice will clean~" she responds, a lecherous note in her voice as she takes hold of your wrist and laps up every trace of the custard.

... It's not quite enough to stir you into readiness again. Twice in a short time-frame like this is more than you're used to, and even when she regretfully comes away to lick at the sheets, and then to similarly clean you, it's not enough to get a response. She doesn't seem too disappointed, though.


You realize that Tenshi is standing by the bed, clapping, with a wide smile on her face as Alice sags back into your chest, mumbling about how she's tired now.

"... How long have you been watching?" You ask, hesitantly.

"Tenshi watched from... 'Alice should be focused on Master. But Alice can't help but enjoy...'" She says, parroting the other's words with fairly good accuracy. "Alice did good. Master enjoyed himself lots~ But Master should know, Tenshi is not so fragile as Alice. If Master wants Tenshi, Master only needs to push Tenshi down and jam-"

"Yes, I'm sure." You interrupt, waving off Tenshi's words. "But while you're awake... tell me about your training. And 're-processing'."

Tenshi suddenly looks somber, and Alice shivers even as she's drifting off to sleep.

"Uh... babies in the factory are born on the Conveyor." Tenshi explains, after a moment. "And get moved, and sorted, depending on... things. Tenshi doesn't know. But lots of questions are asked, and tests, to... de-ter-mine person... al traits? Tenshi doesn't know where all the babies go. But some are good for being pets, and get moved to be trained as pets. Some, like Tenshi, and Chen, and Alice, are very good for being special pets, and are trained for that, too, by Sam and some others."

"As 'special' pets. That means pretty much exactly what I think it does, doesn't it." You say, with a sigh.

"Mhm. Tenshi and Chen and Alice are still trained as others. But were also de-ter-mined to.... um. Tenshi isn't sure of words. Respond.... good? To showing of xe... xeno..... um. Tenshi can't remember word." She says, awkwardly.

"It's fine, I think I might be able to guess. You mean that it was determined that you more than 'like' humans, right?"

Tenshi nods, pleased that you put it together without her having to stumble for a while in figuring out the hard word.

"That! And normal pets are sold with normal training, to Masters that won't... do things they won't enjoy as much as Masters will. People look at Masters coming in, though, and decide which kind they want. Sam is best at looking. Sam can tell right away, and Sam is always right!" She declares.

"I don't think he's always right." you argue.

"Ohoho?" Tenshi says, pointing down to where you are still on full display. "Tenshi thinks Master still smells of playing with Alice, down there. Tenshi thinks Sam was right, again. Like always~"

".... Th-that's circumstancial evidence at best." You say, words sounding a little feeble even to yourself, as you quickly and awkwardly put yourself away. Tenshi shrugs, not seeming to know the word you used, and you move along. "So, normal pet training... plus a bit. So what is...?"

"Re-pro-cessing..." Tenshi says, seeming to withdraw a little. "It's bad. It's very bad. When babies are born, some, Factory does not want, or are too much trouble. Those are sent to Mister Processor. They get sorted, and dropped in water, and squished, and ground up into mush, and stirred until just goo is left. Then squeezed into little boxes and sent away, or mixed together as food for good yukkuri. Others go to other, better places. But if mistake is made, or yukkuri causes too much trouble, or pet goes too long without being sold, yukkuri is a waste of time, 'useless'. And yukkuri gets 're-pro-cessed'. But is only once chance, as babies, to not get sent to Mister Processor. Afterwards, is where every yukkuri ends."

"Ugh. How do you even know about... wait, they had you watch this?" You ask, and Tenshi nods.

"Re-mind-er." She sounds out. "Doesn't happen often. But when yukkuri is 're-pro-cessed', everyone is made to watch. Tenshi doesn't like the screaming. Tenshi doesn't like when the screaming stops, either." She says, quietly.

... That's just deliberately cruel. Is there even a point to it? You sigh and pat the bed beside you.

"Come here. Give me a hug, okay?" You say, squeezing them both a little when she does so. "I'm not sending you back. You aren't going to get reprocessed, no matter what. Okay?"

They don't respond with words, but weaker arms or not, you don't think you could pry them off of you if you tried. Now would probably be a good time to bring up the cafe thing, as further reassurance that you won't be getting rid of them any time soon.

"Mister!" Marisa's voice calls from the next room, interrupting your thoughts. "Mister, babies have dropped, and... Mister said to call mister, so come quick!"

You groan softly. The blinking light of your alarm is reading 10:40.

"... I should really go look at this." You say, even as Alice clutches, rubbing tighter against you. "Yeah, I need to take a look. Come on, then." You say, scooping Alice up and leaving Tenshi to walk behind you as you enter the living room in just your boxers, turning on the light to check on the crop of young.

... Well, they're definitely different, you can say right away. There's four of them, three Reimu and one Marisa. You can tell the species right away. Aside from that, though, they're not really the same as the other blobs. Marisa's hat looks to be three or four sizes too small for her head, and she's lying on her back, just staring into space with a dopey smile. The Reimu are similarly weird, eyes crossed or pointing in different directions, drooling heavily, hair not seeming to be completely grown in, and ribbons not proportioned right.

"Babies were born, and babies were different, so Marisa called Mister just like he said!" Marisa says.

"Yeah, I can see that." You say, wryly. "Are they.... okay?"

"Marisa's babies are fine!" Marisa snaps, but wilts under your look. "Marisa... Marisa thinks that babies might be... a little slow. Not as smart as Marisa."

"Retarded bun babies." You mumble under your breath.

"Babies are 'prema-ture'." Tenshi says, peeking up over the rim of the pen, but retreating as Marisa's glower turns her way. "Slow in head. Need more taking care of. Lucky not to be in Factory. Marisa must have been very upset about something."

Very.... oh, dammit. Those videos. Is this your fault?

"Well, whatever. You fed them the stalk? Good. Breakfast won't happen until morning. Will your babies be fine until then?"

Marisa looks uncertain. You think you remember skimming over something about these things stockpiling food before a birth, though. You grumble a bit, but you head to the kitchen and pour a small pile of cereal out onto a plate. The bag is half-empty by now. You expected it to stretch a lot further, somehow. Well, you bring it back to the pen anyway.

"This is for Marisa's new babies." You say, setting it in the pen. "Not for Marisa, or for Reimu, or for Reimu's babies, that can wait until morning. Just for Marisa's new babies, born tonight. If someone else causes trouble trying to eat it, let me know, and I'll deal with it."

That done, and getting a bright noise of assent from Marisa, you turn and head back to bed. You pause to re-set your alarm. Six would have been fine, if you'd gotten to sleep when you expected to. At this point, though, a reasonable eight in the morning would probably be better.

You somehow can't muster the willpower to remove Alice and Tenshi back to their quickly assembled bedding, as you lie down and they cuddle into your sides.

As you drift off, your mind turns to Serah for a few uncomfortable moments. She'd seemed nice enough, all right, though all of your mother's choices had. She'd constantly done weird, distressing things, though, without seeming to get that they made other people uncomfortable, like putting mice in jars without air-holes, just to watch and see what happened. Or picking up spiders off the floor and claiming she would let them go outside. Except she never went near a door or window, for hours. You still don't know what she did with them, only that nobody seemed to notice any more than they ever found out about the mice: Serah was good at removing evidence. Aside from that, though, she was okay enough, though not really outgoing, and fairly plain.

Then you had woken up one morning, in her bed instead of your own, with your wrists and ankles tied to the posts of the bed, candles all around. This would have been less distressing, and more 'an interesting turn of events', if it hadn't been for the fact that Serah had drawn an odd diagram around the bed, in the center of the floor and set like an altar, and busied herself setting bovine skulls at key points. She had quite calmly assured you that her family would be leaving the City soon, so the relationship, such as it was, was over, but there was one more thing she wanted to do.

You had hoped, and prayed, that she was going to just say something kinky. No such luck. Apparently, she'd gotten it into her head somehow that if she cut out and ate your heart, the Demon Queen would bless her with unearthly beauty. It was a shame that you needed that to live but, she had assured you, if it made her beautiful beyond man's dreams, then it was a sacrifice she much appreciated you making. Although she hurried on to say that she did like you, and anyway, there would always be a piece of you inside of her, close to her heart, or stomach as the case may be, and really, wasn't that all you could ask for from life?

Then she'd discovered that she had absent-mindedly left the dagger she'd planned to use in the kitchen, earlier, when she'd been sharpening it. After she'd left, you had discovered that in addition to this, fortunately enough, she was also terrible with knots. You'd managed to make it out of the bedroom window just as she opened the door, and discovered that it's not really hard at all to jump off of a low roof if you're motivated enough. You didn't discover until you were back home, locked in the bathroom and hyperventilating, that you'd twisted your ankle at some point, though somehow it hadn't impeded your flight as you had gone at full speed down the road.

Mother hadn't really believed you, of course, and simply insisted that it was only natural to experience some anxiety the first time you played with ropes, and had gone on to note that she knew full well the mind could play tricks in such times. Which is far, far more than you had ever wanted to know about your parents' private lives. Dad, you aren't sure, but whether he believed the story or not, he believed full well that you would freak the fuck out if put in the same room as Serah, and went out of his way to keep the two of you separated. It's around this time that you invested in locks and alarms for the inside of your bedroom door and window, with your own pocket money.

You haven't heard from her since, and you have no idea if she was really getting dream-messages from the Demon Queen, or if she was just nuts. You did hear about an odd disappearance from a farm in the news, some number of months later, where a worker had gone missing and there were no clues to be found regarding his location by even the best of police and detectives. You didn't have the spine, at the time, to suggest anyone look into the owner's daughter, and if it was her, the paper didn't mention her one way or the other, so there's no way of telling if her mad sacrifice worked out the way she intended.

You deliberately banish all thought of her from your mind, and the last thing you note before you drift off is Chen curling up over and around your feet.

---

Day 3, 8:00 AM

You wake, alarm blaring, to see Frank staring down at you in clear, though exhausted, amusement.

"So, Johnny, this is the sort of thing we probably shouldn't tell the customers about, right? Kind of wish I had a camera, though." He says, words only a little slurred.

"Wasn't expecting you awake around now." You say.

"Yeah, wouldn't be, but I found a good party last night. Dragged on for a long time, got some good talking done. Got a meeting for you, Johnny, in a couple of days, I'll tell you the details later." He says, yawning. "Only just got back like fifteen minutes ago, and I'm about to fall over. Looks like that Marisa dropped a litter or two, though, eh? Counted ten new little ones, though a few look kind of weird."

Ten... oh. That's right. They can have babies two ways, though you'd thought it was just a 'one or the other' deal. You're remembering now, though, Marisa had specified 'very' pregnant.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 37878
Just so you guys know, I hate every one of you that voted for this. That said, I guess it could have been worse.

But man, Johnny's pretty lonely. Should get a girl and treat the business material like business material. Plus, Yukkuri aren't the most discreet of creatures, so eventually it'll get out. This will likely impact sales.

[x]Obtain girlfriend.
[x] Examine newborns.
-[x] Do the buris seem be useful in any way, such as not minding some of their filling being extracted?
[x]Get Marisa's opinion on the buris. Imply in the friendliest possible way you'd probably like to get rid of them.
>> No. 37880
>>37878

Oh, c'mon. That was very sweet, you know. I don't regret anything, this was the only path.

I didn't expect a full scene, but something like when Tabuki met Emerald. Still, I am beaming with joy~

>You realize that Tenshi is standing by the bed, clapping, with a wide smile on her face

Oh Tenshi, why are you so adorable?

[x] Wake up and have a quick look at the babies. Then do your things and take care of them.
[x] Examine newborns.
-[x] Do the buris seem be useful in any way, such as not minding some of their filling being extracted?
[x] Let the others yukkuri sleep as much as they want.

Probably a little too soon to extract fillings from them, though. Too small, taking a small bit could be fatal.

Might want to call Sam and ask him directly about the trainning and the factory's methods later on. Ask about the retarded babies too, and effects of trauma on yukkuri and their pregnancy.
>> No. 37881
[x] Check out those babes.
[x] Realize you're going to be feeding, like, 30+ mouths. Worry about food supply.

>introspective tangent in the middle of a sex scene
Haha, that's dedication to style right there.
>>37880
Oh Tenshi, why are you so adorablehot?
Xenophile reppin'. Brazen masochist hussies are my fetish.
>Serah
Hello, potential antagonist who could drop in at any moment on the Demon Queen's orders. Please kidnap Chen and take her to your rural stronghold.
>> No. 37882
I just hope this isn't a normal occurrence: ignoring half of a Kahl update seems wrong
>> No. 37883
[x] Wake up and have a quick look at the babies. Then do your things and take care of them.
[x] Get Marisa's opinion on the buris. Imply in the friendliest possible way you'd probably like to get rid of them.
[x] Let the others yukkuri sleep as much as they want.
[x] According to that website, you have about two hours until the bodied yukkuri can potentially give birth. Prepare accordingly.

They mated a bit before 6 PM, so 10 AM marks the 16 hour mark. On the plus side, they probably won't yield any buris. Probably.

Also, I regret nothing.
>> No. 37887
x] Wake up and have a quick look at the babies. Then do your things and take care of them.
[x] Get Marisa's opinion on the buris. Imply in the friendliest possible way you'd probably like to get rid of them.
[x] Let the others yukkuri sleep as much as they want.
[x] According to that website, you have about two hours until the bodied yukkuri can potentially give birth. Prepare accordingly.

work damn it
>> No. 37890
Addendum to last vote

[X] make it clear to Marisa that the Buris will never truly be able take it easy and it would best to end them quickly and painlessly.
>> No. 37892
>>37882
Ignore what? The update started with the Tenshi standing by the bed and clapping. Most of the stuff immediately after didn't make much sense, but that's no reason to ignore it.
>> No. 37894
[x] Wake up and have a quick look at the babies. Then do your things and take care of them.
[x] Get Marisa's opinion on the buris. Imply in the friendliest possible way you'd probably like to get rid of them.
[x] Let the others yukkuri sleep as much as they want.
[x] According to that website, you have about two hours until the bodied yukkuri can potentially give birth. Prepare accordingly.

Goddammit, Sam, you just had to pull something like this, didn't you? But Alice and Tenshi are still adorable, even if they're also... y'know, easy.
>> No. 37895
>>37894

Well, you gotta hand it to the man. He definitely has Anon's number.
>> No. 37897
>>37895
So do I: Smut.

Big deal, anon's as predictable as Sunrise.
>> No. 37900
[x] Wake up and have a quick look at the babies. Then do your things and take care of them.
[x] Get Marisa's opinion on the buris. Imply in the friendliest possible way you'd probably like to get rid of them.
[x] Let the others yukkuri sleep as much as they want.
[x] According to that website, you have about two hours until the bodied yukkuri can potentially give birth. Prepare accordingly.
>> No. 37904
[x] Check on confined Reimu.
[x] Do some research online on a few Yukkuri types.
-[x] How strong is an Iku's electric shock? Is it feasible to use them to help with power costs?
-[x] What could Rans do in a cafe? Pest control with the Chen?
-[x] Is the cost of refrigerating a large room full of food big enough to justify keeping a few Cirnos?
>> No. 37912
File 132156078345.jpg - (253.89KB , 600x521 , 7862cef21166e7e1cca66fcc1bd3987da99676ae.jpg ) [iqdb]
37912
You groan softly as you sit up, carefully wiggling your way free of the pile.

"Should probably check up on those new ones." You say aloud, and Frank shrugs.

First, however, you have to put on a pair of pants. A shirt would be good, too. You do that, quickly, before moving out to the living area. A slight worry crosses your mind: did you put enough food out? The things are probably starving, since you only guessed at an amount that would cover four.

They're all asleep as you look in, though. All seven of Marisa's new infants are slumbering soundly, and look fine...

Wait, something strikes you as odd, here. What Frank said is tickling at your brain. You aren't your best at mental arithmetic first thing in the morning, but he'd said... 'ten' new babies. Four from before, though, plus seven now... that's eleven, right? Yeah, you're pretty sure it's eleven. And a quick step back to think before looking again.

One in the jar to the side, plus the three other older ones from Reimu. All accounted for. Seven newborns, all looking fine and healthy. Three premature, stupid looking ones.

Just three. One Marisa, and two Reimu. Where's the third? Did it get out, somehow? No, even the relatively smart ones should have a whole lot of trouble getting out of this, so you don't think that a mentally deficient one could manage it. The fact remains, though, you're one short. It's not in...

Wait, no. It hasn't left the pen at all, in the physical sense. In other respects, though, yes. It's long gone.

You fish a tattered, off-sized, and torn ribbon out from where it had been sitting, partially concealed beneath the empty food-plate. Closer inspection reveals little bite marks in it. Another glance through the new infants shows that one, one of the four Marisa from the new litter, is noticeably larger than the others, as though it had gotten hold of some food source the others hadn't had available. As though you needed more damning evidence, it looks like there's a little smudge of something on its cheek, that wouldn't have been left behind from dry cereal.

Well. That's just grand. You'd been trying to think of ways to make use of, or failing that, get rid of, the retarded ones, but this hadn't been on the list at all.

---

8:12 AM

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 37913
[x] Accept that sometimes nature knows best.
[x] Let the others yukkuri sleep as much as they want.
[x] According to that website, you have about two hours until the bodied yukkuri can potentially give birth. Prepare accordingly.
[x] Do some research online on a few Yukkuri types.
-[x] What could Rans do in a cafe? Pest control with the Chen?
-[x] Is the cost of refrigerating a large room full of food big enough to justify keeping a few Cirnos?

I think researching Iku would be a lost venture. We're not an electrical engineer, and it would take some exceptional jury rigging and batteries to power any appliance off of intermittent shocks.
>> No. 37914
>>37913
Well, you think big
Not that it's a bad thing, mind you.

x] Accept that sometimes nature knows best.
[x] Let the others yukkuri sleep as much as they want.
[x] According to that website, you have about two hours until the bodied yukkuri can potentially give birth. Prepare accordingly.
[x] Do some research online on a few Yukkuri types.
-[x] What could Rans do in a cafe? Pest control with the Chen?
-[x] Is the cost of refrigerating a large room full of food big enough to justify keeping a few Cirnos?
>> No. 37915
[x] Keep an eye on that little cannibal Marisa. It seems like trouble.
[x] Let the others yukkuri sleep as much as they want, for now.
[x] According to that website, you have about two hours until the bodied yukkuri can potentially give birth. Prepare accordingly.
[x] Do some research online on a few Yukkuri types.
-[x] What could Rans do in a cafe? Pest control with the Chen?
-[x] Is the cost of refrigerating a large room full of food big enough to justify keeping a few Cirnos?
[x]While you're online, look up that "Rare Giveaway" and see if you can get more info.

That last bit was mentioned in >>37691.
>> No. 37916
[x] Keep an eye on that little cannibal Marisa. It seems like trouble.
[x] Let the others yukkuri sleep as much as they want, for now.
[x] According to that website, you have about two hours until the bodied yukkuri can potentially give birth. Prepare accordingly.
[x] Do some research online on a few Yukkuri types.
-[x] What could Rans do in a cafe? Pest control with the Chen?
-[x] Is the cost of refrigerating a large room full of food big enough to justify keeping a few Cirnos?
[x]While you're online, look up that "Rare Giveaway" and see if you can get more info.
>> No. 37917
x] Accept that sometimes nature knows best.
[x] Let the others yukkuri sleep as much as they want.
[x] According to that website, you have about two hours until the bodied yukkuri can potentially give birth. Prepare accordingly.
[x] Do some research online on a few Yukkuri types.
-[x] What could Rans do in a cafe? Pest control with the Chen?
-[x] Is the cost of refrigerating a large room full of food big enough to justify keeping a few Cirnos?
>> No. 37918
[x] Keep an eye on that little cannibal Marisa. It seems like trouble.
[x] Check on the isolated baby Reimu.
[x] Let the others yukkuri sleep as much as they want, for now.
[x] According to that website, you have about two hours until the bodied yukkuri can potentially give birth. Prepare accordingly.
[x] Size Alice's hands. You promised to buy her rubber gloves.
[x] Ask Mr. Google if there are specialized stores near your place, or other places of interest regarding yukkuri.

Some sutff we should do this day:
Buy Rubber Gloves and Handcuffs.
Talk about what happened this night with the girls.
Call Sam and question him about the trainning he gave.
Buy a sewing machine + fabric, if Alice can sew (Who's gonna buy maid uniforms? Hopefully not we!).
Start checking real bar and restaurants to have an idea of how to make our own.
>> No. 37924
[x] Keep an eye on that little cannibal Marisa. It seems like trouble.
[x] Let the others yukkuri sleep as much as they want, for now.
[x] According to that website, you have about two hours until the bodied yukkuri can potentially give birth. Prepare accordingly.
[x] Do some research online on a few Yukkuri types.
-[x] What could Rans do in a cafe? Pest control with the Chen?
-[x] Is the cost of refrigerating a large room full of food big enough to justify keeping a few Cirnos?
[x]While you're online, look up that "Rare Giveaway" and see if you can get more info.

Sizing hands can wait until after all the kids are born and are probably "small", and it's not very nice to tell that Marisa she can't eat the buris when any method of getting rid of them will almost certainly end with their death anyway (possibly via killing them and prepping them as yukkuri food). If she starts trying to eat the rest, then we're going to have issues.
>> No. 37926
[x] Keep an eye on that little cannibal Marisa. It seems like trouble.
[x] Let the others yukkuri sleep as much as they want, for now.
[x] According to that website, you have about two hours until the bodied yukkuri can potentially give birth. Prepare accordingly.
[x] Do some research online on a few Yukkuri types.
-[x] What could Rans do in a cafe? Pest control with the Chen?
-[x] Is the cost of refrigerating a large room full of food big enough to justify keeping a few Cirnos?
[x]While you're online, look up that "Rare Giveaway" and see if you can get more info.
>> No. 37927
[x] Eat the cannibal for breakfast.

Hungry John needs food.
>> No. 37928
[x] Eat the cannibal for breakfast.

Remove the unwanted elements now before it's too late.
>> No. 37929
File 132158831673.png - (261.38KB , 318x478 , 8ac81e4979f269e4abd202a6d0f3ad55.png ) [iqdb]
37929
Breakdown as of 'now'.

Leaving aside the obvious stuff like 'apartment' and 'food for Johnny'.

Assets:

Alice- Special training from Sam. Bodied. Something of a housewifely nature. Something of an obsession with personal usefulness. Very attached to John. Infants on the way, due sometime Day 3.

Chen- Special training from Sam. Bodied. Personality similar to a lazy, affectionate house-cat. Thus far, little else to note. Infants due sometime Day 3.

Tenshi- Special training from Sam. Bodied. Somewhat boisterous. Earnestly masochistic. Infants due sometime Day 3.

Reimu- Collected from alleyway. Blob. Timid and easily startled, strongly wary of everything, but settling in. Not currently pregnant.
- Infant Reimu- Born early Day 2. Blob. Arrogant personality, self-centered. Troublesome child. Currently in The Jar.
- Infant Marisa x3- Born early Day 2. Blobs. No notable personality traits as yet.

Marisa- Collected from alleyway. Blob. Previously problematic and stubborn. Mental trauma has instilled some complacency. Yet to be seen if reversion will occur.
-Infant Marisa- Born late Day 2. Blob. Some deficiencies, due to mental trauma inflicted on Marisa Senior.
-Infant Reimu x2- Born late Day 2. Blobs. Similar deficiencies, same cause.
-Infant Reimu x1- Born late Day 2. Blob. Deceased.
-Infant Marisa x3- Born sometime early Day 3. No notable traits, as yet.
-Infant Marisa x1- Born early Day 3. Evidence points towards killing and eating a less mentally proficient sibling.
-Infant Reimu x3- Born early Day 3. No notable traits, as yet.

122M

Score: -210M

Notable Opposition: 'Lucky' Jack Racker- score: 22M

Notes:
- An event involving a 'Rare Giveaway' will occur on Day 14.
- You have an appointment with ??? at ??? on Day ???, at ?:?? ??.
>> No. 37930
[x] Keep an eye on that little cannibal Marisa. It seems like trouble.
[x] Ask the parents about their opinions on it.
>> No. 37932
>>37929
Thanks, Kahi. This is a lot easier than going through the thread keeping track of changes. Thanks for posting this.
>> No. 37936
Thread 2 >>37935