[Return]
Archived Thread

File 129965457536.jpg - (1.11MB , 1376x1860 , 11696574.jpg ) [iqdb]
32597 No. 32597
“I am here.”

>> No. 32598
Although it’s been a tiring day, I can’t really seem to get my mind to focus on resting, my feet wandering throughout the house until it leads me toward the kitchen, where the light’s been turned on. Along the way, I take a brief glance at the living room, seeing Kurumi lying down on the sofa with my blanket over her body, her eyes shut peacefully as she rests. She looks paler than she was when we left this morning, and it’s not surprising, given how much blood she lost today. It’s good that she’s getting some time to recover now.

Stepping inside, I see a dishrag cleaning the dishes on its own, floating up in the air as though held by a pair of invisible hands. It’s amazing how something unusual like that’s become something not so surprising in this house. I’d never have thought I could get used to seeing this just a few weeks before. It’s like the world I’m living in now is completely different from the one I was in all my life.

“Yes, master?”

(http://tindeck.com/listen/mmob)

I nearly jump as Kana’s voice comes from behind, immediately turning around to face her. She’s standing there with a smile on her face, one hand clamped over the top of her ribboned hat. Even though I should really be used to having her pop out of nowhere by now, I still got taken by surprise that time.

“How impatient,” she says with a continued smile, “You can’t wait until the party’s started, so you came to see if I was working hard or not, right, master?”

“No, I, uh...” I say with a dull voice. “I just wanted to see if there was anything I could help with.”

“That’s just silly talk, master,” Kana says, giggling softly. “What kind of maid would let her master do work? If you want to come see me, you should come up with a better excuse than that, you know.”

Gah.

She flicks her wrist gently, the cupboard opening up at her command. A pot inside it floats out of the cupboard and into the air, where it hangs as though suspended by invisible wires above it. Directing the movement of the flying pot with her finger, as though she were conducting some recital, she moves the pot on to the sink, where the last of the plates have been cleaned. She fills the pot with water, and moves it on top of the stove, the knob controlling it moving of its own volition.

“How do you do that, anyway?” I say, always having been curious about this.

“Do what, master?” Kana asks, pretending not to know what I’m talking about, although she doesn’t keep up the act for very long, as she goes on to explain, “Oh, you mean how I’m able to move things without touching them? That’s actually very simple, master. It would be because... I’ve become ‘connected’ to this house.”

I stare at her with a difficult expression on my face. If she’s a poltergeist, then the ‘connection’ she’s talking about... it must mean that it’s because she’s haunting this place. “Okay, so, how does that let you move things around?”

“When I’ve established a connection with a dwelling,” she continues, touching the tips of her gloved fingers to her lips. “My existence becomes tied to it. You could say that the entire house becomes my body, or something like that, and everything inside it is like the extensions of that body. So, to me, manipulating the objects of this house is no different from the way you move your hands and feet.”

“Er...” I begin hesitantly, looking around the room. “The whole... the whole house becomes your body?”

“In a matter of speaking,” she says, smirking.

“So can you see--”

“I can see and hear everything that goes on inside here.”

Well, that’s a bit, um, yeah. That’s really kind of freaky. So I have basically no privacy around here at all, do I?

“Now, I have to prepare food for the little celebration we’re having, so just be patient and wait a while, master,” Kana says, stepping forward as she folds her arms behind her back. “You can wait just a little, can’t you?”

I look at her smiling face, slowly nodding. “...Yeah, thanks for always doing this for us.”

She giggles, and I turn to leave...

Krschk!

What was that?”

Out of the corner of my eyes, just as I was turning around, I think I saw something weird. I turn back, looking straight at Kana, still smiling at me, her appearance completely unchanged. But, just now, for only a moment, I thought I saw her image change. No, change isn’t the right word, it’s more like she just flickered out of sight for a moment. Not entirely, but bits of her body, distorted and uneven, blinked out of vision, accompanied by that noise. That noise of static...

“What’s wrong, master?” she asks, looking concerned now.

“Huh?” I blurt out a little dumbly. “Uh, no, it’s nothing.”

She looks at me with suspicion with her brows raised, but makes no further inquiries. Turning around, I step out of the kitchen, waiting until I’m out of it to shake my head in confusion. Was that... was that just my imagination, or did I really see and hear that? And if I did... then why did that happen? Is something wrong with Kana? Is something wrong with me? What happened this afternoon, I still don’t really understand, and it makes me feel anxious. If only I could get some sort of answer...

[ ] You’re tired, just go rest up in your room.
[ ] Go see how Yuuka’s doing.
[ ] Go look for your ‘guest.’
>> No. 32600
[x] Go look for your ‘guest.’
>> No. 32601
[x] You’re tired, just go rest up in your room.

Well, damn. There are a few possibilities here.
One: Kana is fading away because we are getting absolutely used to her. She can't scare us anymore, and we are used to her presence and manipulations.

Two: Kana's past related shit.

Three: Whatever the fuck you call what happened today.

Four: We're tired. We are seeing things.

Clearly it's number four.
>> No. 32613
[x] Go look for your ‘guest.’
>> No. 32615
[x] Go look for your ‘guest.’

Ugh. Kana was creepy enough without knowing she can spy at any time.
>> No. 32617
[x] Go look for your ‘guest.’
Let's get to the interesting parts.
>> No. 32625
>>32615

Because she didn't do just that anyway?

>>32597

Yay dementia!
>> No. 32640
[ø] You’re tired, just go rest up in your room.
>> No. 32652
>>32625
I thought she could only move through walls, not this omnipresent bullshit.

At least she doesn't seem equipped to deal with the sensory overload.
>> No. 32653
[x] Go look for your ‘guest.’
>> No. 32661
>>32652
she might be taking on too much, seeing how she was created by a girl and not a collective residence.

The Prismrivers have it easier as they're tied down to certain instruments/songs, and use the ruined mansion as an additional base of existence.
>> No. 32672
[x] Go look for your ‘guest.
Goddamn now I wonder what could that be. Why is she dissapearing?
>> No. 32684
>>32661
>she might be taking on too much, seeing how she was created by a girl and not a collective residence.

Yes, but she inhabited what must have been a much larger residence than a cramped, single bedroom apartment. She seems to react immediately to our presence, capable of materializing herself and holding a conversation, while also performing various household tasks without obvious lag, so I don't think she's being overtaxed.

If things were getting bad because we aren't being scared enough, you'd think she'd ramp up on the mindfuck. As it is, we only get that when we press her about her past.

I don't think this is a problem on Kana's end, or else she would be noticing it and show some kind of concern. Unless she is playing ignorant about it for some reason.

[x] You’re tired, just go rest up in your room.

If only so that the next time this happens we can't blame it on lack of sleep.

That she actually becomes the whole house is interesting. Sounds more like a genius loci than a poltergeist.
>> No. 32688
>>32684
She was originally made by a girl to keep her company, not exactly a powerful anchor or an enduring one.

But this is just speculation at this point by the both of us. This is just one of many things we'll have to deal with in this story.
>> No. 32749
[x] You’re tired, just go rest up in your room.

> If only so that the next time this happens we can't blame it on lack of sleep.
>> No. 32793
[x] Go see how Yuuka's doing.

It would be horrible if Kana disappeared; maybe Yuuka would know something about it? I also can't remember if the MC already knows that Kana lives on fear.
>> No. 32832
[x] Go see how Yuuka's doing.

Curious as to why it's Yuuka, and not Elly or Kotohime as it were.
>> No. 32957
File 130050656110.jpg - (108.82KB , 438x438 , 12560080.jpg ) [iqdb]
32957
...Although I feel exhausted, I can’t just lie down and conk out right now. No, I have to make sure the house isn’t in any kind of immediate danger before I have the peace of mind required to rest properly, and right now, the biggest concern about it might be the ‘guest’ I’m having more right now, who I haven’t seen so far, so I need to go and see what she’s been up to in here, just in case.

Now, let’s see. She might be with Yuuka, trying to get her to tell her the secret behind the creation of life or whatever the hell she’s after, and if so, then that’s something that I can’t see ending up very well. Or, given the way Kotohime was clinging to her earlier, she might be being dragged around by that nutty girl, and that’s not a combination that I can see working out very well either. Come to think of it, I wasn’t really thinking things through when I invited her to stay. Did I make the right choice? I’m starting to have doubts.

Letting out a small sigh as I shake my head, I turn around, away from the kitchen, and walk out into the living room, looking around, searching for the gray-haired girl. She’s not around here, so I head left, to the hallway leading to the bedrooms, keeping an eye out for her as I go. The door to Yuuka’s room is shut, and I’m not brave enough to try the doorknob, so I lean in close to the door, listening for voices coming from inside.

“What are you doing?”

(http://tindeck.com/listen/qlug)

I jump in surprise, forgetting that I’m right next to a door and ending up banging my head into it. Letting out a silent curse as I stumble away from the doorframe and clutching the side of my head, I breathe in through my teeth while wincing in pain. Turning around, I see Muse standing there, looking up at me with a blank expression on her face, watching me without sympathy as I rub the side of my head.

“Hey, don’t sneak up behind me like that!” I say angrily, still wincing from the dull throbbing.

“I was not trying to ‘sneak up’ behind you,” she says, holding herself with pride. “If anyone is to be accused of acting suspiciously, I would imagine that it would be you, pressing your ear to a door that way. What were you trying to do?”

Looking the other way, I say in a grumble, “...I was trying to see if you were in there.”

“Why not just knock on the door?” she asks, her brows rising up in puzzlement now.

“Er, well...” I mutter, “A-anyway, where’s Kotohime? I thought she’d be with you.”

“She fell asleep suddenly,” Muse answers, turning to point her face in the direction of my room. “She is resting on the bed in that room.”

“Oh, I see...” I say, recalling her condition. Narcolepsy, huh...?

“So,” Muse speaks up, “Why were you searching for me?”

“Huh? Oh, well...” I begin mumbling again. “I just wanted to see how you were doing here and all, anyway, since you were going to be staying here...”

“I have not yet decided on that,” she cuts in coldly.

“Ah, right, since you’re a guest here,” I correct myself, “It’s just natural for a host to want to check up on their guest, isn’t it?”

“I see,” she says, nodding with the barest of movement. “I suppose that is a reasonable desire. Then, to answer your question, I am fine. Although this abode is perhaps a little smaller than what I am used to, the interior is unlike any building I have witnessed before. I find it a little fascinating.”

“I-is that so?” I say, looking around the inside of my home. “Well, anyway, there’s still some time before we get the party underway, so there’s a few things I’d like to ask you about regarding what happened today, so--”

“Quiet,” she suddenly says, cutting me off.

I stop, looking at her in confusion. She extends her hands up toward me, standing on the tips of her toes to reach my face. She touches my cheeks with her hands, cupping them around my head, and I freeze in place, my mouth hanging open dumbly. Suddenly, she yanks my head down, so that my eyes are level with hers. Her gray pupils begin glowing, taking on a dark shade of red, and I can’t help but stare into those eyes--

A marionette with cut strings, resting in a pair of small hands.

No eyes, no mouth, no ears. No face. Featureless. Segmented. The limbs hang limp and useless.

A human figure that is barely human.

A desire that cannot be fulfilled. A need that cannot be quenched. The hollow form of that forbidden wish lies within these hands. But it is not enough. It is never enough. Through solitude that wish will be granted. A solitude, unbroken and undisturbed even by the passage of time. Research. Research research research. Never ending. Eternal.

Knowledge.

Solitude.

Eternity.

Not enough.

Never enough.

Emptiness.


I break away from the hands holding my face, stumbling back on to my ass. Feeling out of breath, I stare up at the girl standing before me, her hands still affixed in the position they were in when she held my head with them. The glow of her pupils begins to die down, returning to their usual dull gray color. Very slowly, she lowers her arms, and then she looks down at me, with a completely unreadable face.

“W-what did you just do?” I say breathlessly.

“Hypnosis,” she replies quietly, unmoving. “Although I do not possess the ability to read or directly manipulate the mental processes within the brain that one possesses yet is unaware of, I am able to influence it somewhat through suggestions.”

Anxiously, I reply, “So... what did you do, exactly?”

“It is my belief that you are not a normal person,” she continues, calmly advancing forward and stopping at my feet. From this angle I can almost see... “You were being pursued by that man because you possess a trait different from ordinary humans. That is why I used hypnosis to suggest you into demonstrating your unique ability, if indeed you possessed any, to me.”

My... power?

“It did not appear to have any external effect, yet judging by your reaction, you seem to have seen something. Felt something,” she says, pausing for a moment. “What exactly did you experience?”

Oh, that’s right. I never did explain to her about my empathic powers... but is it a good idea to tell her about it?

[ ] Tell her what you saw.
[ ] Stay quiet.
>> No. 32958
[x] Tell her what you saw.

She desires information, and what better way to persuade her than to make a 'payment'
>> No. 32959
[x] Tell her what you saw.

Considering we're currently in her debt for saving Renko, I see no reason to refuse. Doesn't mean she'll like what we saw, but lying would be worse.
>> No. 32960
[x] Mention you have empathic powers.

She can deduce what we saw from that. No need to spill her secrets when fucking Kana can hear every word we say.
>> No. 32961
[x] Mention you have empathic powers.
>> No. 32962
>>32960
>>32961
you're being paranoid, if the MC was that worried about that, the choice would be that way. And Muse wants more specifics than "I have powers"
>> No. 32963
[x] Tell her what you saw.
>> No. 32964
[x] Stay quiet.

I still don't fully trust Muse. Her motivations are unknown, and her interest in MC is offsetting.
>> No. 32965
[x] Mention you have empathic powers and tell her what you saw.
>> No. 32966
[x] Tell her what you saw.
>> No. 32983
Tell me how the hell you are finding these arrangements of Enigmatic Doll.
>> No. 32985
[x] Tell her what you saw.
>> No. 32986
[ ] Stay quiet.

What does she have to offer?
>> No. 33038
[x] Mention you have empathic powers.

>>32986:
how she would counter empathic powers
>> No. 33043
>>32986
You forget the fact that we owe her due to all the help she's given us. Among other things she went and got Renko back.
>> No. 33112
[x] Mention you have empathic powers.

Please don't bite us in the ass.
>> No. 33183
File 130155419510.jpg - (107.77KB , 438x438 , 12566367.jpg ) [iqdb]
33183
“I saw... images,” I begin a little hesitantly, finding it difficult to put what I experienced back there into words. What I felt then, that was her emotions, wasn’t it? My “power” allows me to look into how others feel or felt about something... or at least, that’s what I think it allows me to do. I still don’t have a complete understanding of how it works yet, but right now, I definitely looked into a moment in this girl’s past, “...A marionette with its strings cut, and... a desire. A really strong desire for something.”

She listens to my words in silence, standing over me with an empty gaze. Slowly, she leans forward, and reaches down with her hand. I stare at it in confusion until I realize that she’s offering to help me up to my feet, and take hold of it. She pulls me up to my feet, with much greater strength than her child-like body would suggest--of course, that’s because she’s not human--and I dust myself off, taking a step back as Muse begins speaking again.

“Do not try to make sense of what you saw or felt,” she says in a tone much quieter and somber than her usual voice, and her gaze feels extremely cold, as well, so much that I’m almost getting goosebumps just staring into her eyes. “I ask you to please erase your recollections of it.”

“H-hey,” I say, feeling slightly nervous, “Are you angry?”

“There are things that one does not want others to know of, no matter what,” she continues, in that hard tone, “...Because you have no control over your power as of currently, and because it was I who forced you to use it in the first place, I will not blame you for having seen what you saw. However, I would like for you to not ask any questions, or attempt to inquire about what you saw, at all.”

“Uh... okay,” I say.

“I am serious,” she says, and I can see now that her face is growing even paler than she is normally, despite the calm demeanor with which she is speaking. “If you attempt to pry, then... I will kill you.”

“Alright, alright!” I say, rubbing the back of my neck. “I get it already. I won’t ask any questions, so calm down.”

“I am calm,” she says, although the way her speech begins to accelerate as she goes on makes me think to the contrary, “I am calm. I would not be flustered over this. I am definitely calm. I must not--”

She suddenly stops, and closes her mouth. She stays like that for a while, barely even breathing as she stares straight ahead, her eyes unblinking. Her lips tremble slightly, and the way she’s just standing there without saying anything... it looks somehow pitiable, like she’s fighting from breaking down somehow, although I can’t really see that coming from her, either. Regardless, because she looks so defenseless right now, I can’t help but step forward and place a hand on top of her head with a sigh.

“Look, I’m sorry,” I say, stroking the top of her head as gently as I can manage. “I’m sorry that I saw that, okay?”

Her face goes from deathly pale to a slight flush, and she brushes away my hand with hers, looking up at me with a slight blush rising up to her cheeks. “I already said that it is not your fault.”

“Well I’m sorry anyway.”

“You are a strange person,” she says.

I only smile at that, lowering my arm and shoving it into a pocket. “So anyway, now that you’ve found out that I’m not exactly a normal human, what are you going to do?”

Her face returns to its normal shade of pale, and she eases into silence for just a few seconds before she begins to speak again. “I believe I will continue to observe over what that detestable man from earlier will do, regarding you and the girl. If my hypothesis is correct, then he, and the group he belongs to, will continue to target you, at the least.”

“Don’t I feel lucky,” I say with a dry voice. “You don’t seem to like him much.”

“There is nothing that I dislike more than an arrogant human who does not realize where he stands,” she says with a cold voice. “And furthermore, he called me a child. That is not an offense that I take lightly. If I were not interested in capturing him alive, I would have torn him to shreds for that insult.”

“Heh, well, if you’re right, you’ll get your chance to get him back.”

“I am always right,” she says haughtily, pointing her nose into the air.

Turning away, I stifle a yawn with my hand.

“You seem quite exhausted. You should take a rest.”

“Yeah,” I say, nodding as I stifle another yawn. “...What about you?”

“I told you before. I require only a minimal amount of rest each day.”

“If you say so,” I shrug.

Leaving Muse in the hallway, I walk to my room, reaching out and turning the knob of its door. Pushing it open, I saunter into my room, fling the door shut and looking in the direction of my bed. I’m only a few steps from it before I realize that it’s already occupied. Kotohime’s lying on top of it, still dressed in her policewoman attire, although her vest appears to have been flung onto the floor next to the bed. Her bright red hair, no longer held together by the usual yellow ribbon, lies about her head in a mess.

...Anyway, seems like she’s taken over the bed again, intentionally or not. I can’t sleep out in the sofa this time either; Kurumi’s already taken up that spot as well. I don’t want to sleep on the floor, either, or even on a carpet. So screw it, I’m too tired to care about whether this is proper or if Kana’s going to be jealous or not. Lying down on the bed next to Kotohime, with my back turned toward her, I close my eyes and nod off into sleep.

---

I made a rabbit.

So small and cute, with a brilliant pure white body that seems to shimmer with so many dazzling colors when hit by the sunlight from the sky. The rabbit’s white fur glistens with the small little crystals that make up its entire body. Miniature little crystals of different sizes and shapes that come together to make something so big and pretty.

That’s nice. That’s so nice. I think that is a very wonderful thing.

That is certainly something very beautiful.

I used two long leaves for its ears, delicately draped over the side of its head. Rabbits don’t normally have green ears, but perhaps this is a very special rabbit. A rabbit that’s very different from the rest. A rabbit with green ears! I think that would be silly to see, but I think that I would like to see it as well. I wonder if the other rabbits would be happy to have a rabbit like that around?

It would be terrible if the green-eared rabbit was bullied and left out for being different from the rest!

That certainly would not do.

I used two halves of a red marble for the eyes. That made me sad. That was the only marble of that color that I had, and I had broken it in half. But it also made me happy, because I got to see that even something broken can be used to make something beautiful. That is certainly a very good thing, I would think.

Yes, it is a beautiful thing.

I hold the rabbit in my hands, as snow falls from the sky. I raise my arms, and hold up my hands as high as I can even though they’re growing numb in the freezing air. This is, without a doubt, mine. This is what I created from the things I found to be beautiful. Therefore, this must be my most precious treasure.

My most... cherished...

Ah.

The rabbit drops out of my hand.

With a soft thump, it hits the snowy ground.

Did I drop it, I wonder, or did I throw it?

I crouch down, the hems of my clothing touching the snow below, quickly getting wet. With my arms on top of my knees, I look down at the rabbit I made. It’s broken apart, the poor thing. I reach out, caressing its body with a finger, tracing it along its body to the neck. The head has broken apart from the body. The leaves that were its ears lie in disarray over the rabbit’s face, and one of its eyes have fallen out into the snow. The neck, broken. It’s broken, it’s broken. It’s irreparably broken. I could pack the snow back together, but what’s the point? It’s broken.

It’s broken.

Broken.

B r o k e n .


---

“Mmn...”

I groan, turning my head to the side as I open my eyes. Drowsy, I blink a few times to allow my vision to focus. My still lit room comes into view, and I find myself lying on my back on top of my bed. I must’ve been asleep for an hour or so; it must be late evening by now. Groaning again and clearing my throat with a cough, I make no attempt to get up from the bed, instead turning my head to the other side and closing my eyes again. Putting off waking up for just a minute more, I finally gather the willpower to open my eyes and--

“!?”

My heart misses a few beats.

Kotohime’s head is lying on top of my shoulder, her wild red hair flowing over it onto the bed, and as I take in a sharp breath from shock, I smell the scent of her hair. It’s my shampoo, but it definitely never smells this good when I use it. Anyway, this isn’t the first time I’ve woken up like this, but there’s something different about her, the way she is now. She looks older and more like an adult woman. Is it the clothes? She usually wears a modest kimono, but right now she’s wearing a short skirt, and the way the shirt’s a little unbuttoned is a bit--

A-anyway, I need to get up, so...

[ ] Quietly slip out of bed.
[ ] Try to wake her up.
>> No. 33184
[X] Quietly slip out of bed.

Once again, we have looked into the mind of Kotohime. At least it wasn't as disturbing as last time.
>> No. 33185
[X] Quietly slip out of bed.

I think we should excuse our selves gracefully.
>> No. 33186
[x] Try to wake her up.

Touch Kotohime, get dizzy
>> No. 33187
[x] Quietly slip out of bed.
What a nice way to wake up. Somehow she seems to have grown on me. On the first look she comes over as an idiot, but on the second she is just lovely.
>> No. 33188
[x] Try to wake her up.
>> No. 33189
[x] Try to wake her up.

Is this guys empathic power getting stronger? I was under the impression that he couldn't use it outside of the magic saturated zones, but now we have used it twice in the safety of our home. Maybe due to the nature of our tenets, our house is becoming a magical abode.
>> No. 33190
Muse is awesome as usual, while Kotohime channels Of Mice & Men in her sleep.

[x] Try to wake her up.

The observation of her unusual appearance probably isn't just incidental. If we wake her up like this, we might be able to see a different Kotohime.
>> No. 33191
[x] Try to wake her up.
>> No. 33192
>>33190
At risk of being driven nutty and getting into a situation that might piss Kana off? Way to be ADD guys.
>> No. 33195
[x] Try to wake her up.
>> No. 33205
Hm. Muse's self-loathing and feelings of emptiness, combined with the doll imagery, goes a long way towards explaining the rather disturbing cruelty she displayed towards the Alice-doll.

[x] Try to wake her up.
She doesn't seem to be having a very nice dream.
>> No. 33207
>>33192
I liked CYOAs more before the advent of targetting computers.
>> No. 33208
>>33207
you mean the days where half the CYOAs crashed into walls or off of cliffs?
>> No. 33209
>>33207
That's what the light mech pilots say too, but they don't like pulse lasers either, so what do they know?
>> No. 33211
[X] Quietly slip out of bed.
>> No. 33216
>>33192
>>33207
>>33208

This is getting somewhat annoying, so I'll say it now.

Switch off your targeting computer. You're allowed to care about characters other than the target. In fact, you're encouraged to do so.

tldr; shut up Wiseman.
>> No. 33231
>>33216
>Switch off your targeting computer

But I've never been good with the force!
>> No. 33239
[x] Quietly slip out of bed.
>> No. 33266
[x] Try to wake her up.

One day, we'll have to figure out just WHY our room is her sleeping location of choice. It will either be incredibly simple or complex.
>> No. 33267
>>33266
Pheromones.
>> No. 33268
>>33266
Isn't our room currently the only one still unoccupied by a Touhou? Or do we still have one left?
>> No. 33269
>>33268
Well, officially our room is not for Touhous. However, that doesn't seem to stop Kana and Kotohime any.
>> No. 33340
>>33269
If you think about it, we're already sleeping inside Kana.
>>32598
>You could say that the entire house becomes my body, or something like that, and everything inside it is like the extensions of that body.
>> No. 33383
>>33340
So I guess you can say that we're are already in Kana's pants?
>> No. 33482
File 130267690370.jpg - (22.56KB , 354x592 , 1258998455524.jpg ) [iqdb]
33482
“Hey, Kotohime...” I croak out in a scratchy voice, my throat feeling rough and parched like sandpaper from a combination of thirst and grogginess. When she doesn’t reply, as painful as it might be to my throat, I raise the volume of my voice, “... Hey Kotohime, wake up. This isn’t your room, you know.”

Come to think of it, I don’t think she even has a room.

When she doesn’t reply to that, I carefully slip a hand in between the back of her head and my shoulder, keeping her head gently suspended as I wriggle myself out from under her, before lowering it onto the soft surface of the mattress. Bringing a hand up to my head and massaging my temples as I sit up, I let out a small sigh, looking down at the girl still lying down on the bed, blissfully unaware of the trouble she’s causing me right now.

Really, when is she going to stop causing me problems like this? Even my little sister wasn’t this troublesome to have around back when she was just a toddler. Sitting at the edge of the bed, I lean over her body, reaching out with a hand, almost hesitantly, to touch her cheek. Feeling a little malicious, I pinch a part of it, tugging at her cheek, though not too hard. I can’t believe how heavy a sleeper she is. Though, I didn’t expect her to be narcoleptic...

I freeze when I see her eyelids twitch, letting go of her cheek. Slowly, they flutter open, blinking a few times in the light of the room. I move slightly to the side as she begins to sit up, her fiery hair still in a wild mess about her head. She looks straight ahead, then, to either sides, and up at the ceiling, like she’s in some unfamiliar place. Finally while her head turns about, scanning the entirety of the room, Kotohime’s eyes fall upon me, and her head stops there.

Immediately, I realize that something is wrong with her; her eyes stare ahead emptily, her pupils rapidly contracting and dilating.

(http://tindeck.com/listen/pmlt)

“Koto--” I begin, immediately sensing danger.

She says nothing, only bringing a finger to her lips to quiet me. With a blank, unreadable expression on her face, she leans forward, reaching out with her hands. I take a sharp breath as I feel her white fingertips on my neck, those slim, narrow fingers wrapping themselves around my throat. Stricken with paralysis, I watch on as her fingers and thumbs tighten around my neck, hard enough to dig in, but not enough to cut off oxygen intake. I attempt to back away, but her hands follow me, staying firmly gripped around my throat. I try to say something to her, but nothing comes out when I meet those eyes of hers, staring dreamily into nothing.

“Kkkgght.”

A hiss comes from those delicate lips, as if to imitate the sound of something hard cracking, and then, Kotohime releases her grip on my throat, letting her hands fall to the mattress below. She leans back, and puts on a smile. No, that couldn’t be called a smile. Only her lips are smiling. The rest of her face hasn’t changed at all. Her eyes are unblinking, her face is stiff and unmoving, and those pupils of hers haven’t stopped shaking at all. I flinch when she pushes herself forward again, freezing up as she puts her head next to mine, her lips close to my ear.

“Broken~” she whispers into it, and giggles.

I shove her, nearly falling to the floor as I hurry to get off the bed. Clumsily managing to stand on my two feet, I start to stumble back, away from the bed, until I’ve backed into the wall, feeling its cool touch on my palms. Kotohime... she... fell back like a ragdoll, the moment I pushed her. She’s lying on the bed again, her limbs in disarray. My heart pounding like crazy, but not for the same reason it was when I woke up, I slowly approach the bed, glancing down at the girl. Her eyes are closed, and her chest steadily rises up and down, like she’s just gone back to sleep.

Or... maybe she was never awake in the first place?

Damn it! What the hell is wrong with her, anyway!? That... that wasn’t normal. No, hardly anything about her can be called normal, but this -- this was even more abnormal. I clutch my face with a hand, gritting my teeth. Damn it, damn it, damn it. Even if... even if I asked A, she would probably just give me the same bullshit answer she gave me last time when I asked about her. “Not something I should be the one to tell you” my ass. If we ever meet in person, I’m going to force her to tell me just what in the world is wrong with--

I stop my racing thought, blinking rapidly. I shake my head. What the hell am I getting so worked up for? Why in the world would I want to know that? As soon as Yuuka and the rest find a way to get back to their world, she’ll be gone as well, won’t she? Then, it doesn’t have to be my problem. Is it something that I should really want to know about? It’s not. It’s not something that I should concern myself with, right...?

Yes, that’s right.

It’s not my problem.

I don’t... I don’t need to--

An image of a white feather flashes across my eyes.

--know. I don’t need to know. I don’t need to know!

“Shit!” I curse out loud, stumbling to the wall and pushing against it with a hand for support, beginning to inch toward the door.

My head hurts, and my heart feels heavy. It must be the room. It’s suffocating in here. I need to get out of here. Hurrying toward the door, I manage to catch the doorknob after a few flustered grabs for it, turning it and pulling the door open. Taking hurried steps out from it, I shut the door behind me quickly, as though there’s a monster chasing me from behind. Immediately, I feel relieved, my back stuck to the wall as I slide down it, sitting on the floor. Breathing heavily, I shake my head, and after a few seconds, I uneasily stand up.

Right, there’s going to be a party tonight...

Anything to take my mind off what happened is fine.

With weak steps I head toward the living room. In the middle of the hall, I see Kana standing in the way, her gloved hands folded together in front of her apron. She wears the same bright and cheery smile as usual, and normally it’s a nice sight, but right now it just reminds me of the “smile” that Kotohime put on just now.

“You look pale, master,” she says innocently. “Did something happen?”

...She can see and hear everything that goes on in this house, so of course she knows that something happened. Irritating. That’s somehow irritating. Is she... is she mocking me right now? No, no... it’s just a show of concern, right? Even if she already knows what happened, she’s just showing concern for me, so it’s alright. Right? Isn’t that right?

“Nothing...” I say, my voice coming out shaky. “Nothing, really. Did the party start yet...?”

“Ah, well, no, not yet,” she says with a knowing grin, “But... something else did.”

“...Something else?”

She steps to the side, directing her hand toward the living room like she’s some kind of guide. “Come right this way and you’ll see what I mean, master.”

With a wary glance in the direction she’s pointing, I begin to move forward again, walking past the smiling maid and out into the living room. Upon entering, I immediately realize what’s she’s talking about at just a glance of the scene before me: Yuuka stands at one side of the room, dressed in her pajamas with her arms folded together haughtily, with a wide grin on her face, and on the other side of the room, Muse stands surrounded by those luminescent pink crosses, their sharp tips pointed at the woman opposite her. Kurumi and Elly are seated at the sofa, huddled together and shaking.

“Oh goddamn it,” I mutter.

Kana giggles softly.

[ ] Attempt to defuse the situation.
[ ] Fuck it, go grab a drink and something to eat.
>> No. 33483
[X] Attempt to defuse the situation.

Goddammit at this rate we're going to need to learn how to function without sleep for both our physical and mental well-being.
>> No. 33485
[x] Attempt to defuse the situation.
>> No. 33487
[x] "If you put any holes in the house, the party will be suspended and I'll make sure Kana doesn't make any dinner tonight."
-[x] You say this nonchalantly as you go to grab a beer. You just can't seem to give a crap this morning.
>> No. 33488
[x] Attempt to defuse the situation.
>> No. 33489
[x] Attempt to defuse the situation.

It's too early for this shit. Those damn kids need to stop their hollerin' and hooterin'
>> No. 33490
[x] "If you put any holes in the house, the party will be suspended and I'll make sure Kana doesn't make any dinner tonight."
-[x] You say this nonchalantly as you go to grab a beer. You just can't seem to give a crap this morning.
>> No. 33491
[x] Attempt to defuse the situation.

>>33487
>>33490
I would like to point out that it is currently not morning.
>> No. 33492
File 130269560158.jpg - (155.44KB , 565x800 , kanananana.jpg ) [iqdb]
33492
>With weak steps I head toward the living room. In the middle of the hall, I see Kana standing in the way, her gloved hands folded together in front of her apron. She wears the same bright and cheery smile as usual, and normally it’s a nice sight, but right now it just reminds me of the “smile” that Kotohime put on just now.

I see what you did there Kana. Flicking on-and-off the light switches and rearranging the cabinets is one thing; possessing the bodies of sleeping house guests is another entirely.

[x] Attempt to defuse the situation.

But little harm came of it, and this looks more deserving of our immediate attention.
>> No. 33493
[x] Attempt to defuse the situation.
>> No. 33494
>>33492
Uh Oh. That doesn't... feel right.
>> No. 33495
[y] Fuck it, go grab a drink and something to eat.
>> No. 33496
[x] Attempt to defuse the situation.
>> No. 33497
[x] Fuck it, go grab a drink and something to eat.

>She can see and hear everything that goes on in this house, so of course she knows that something happened. Irritating. That’s somehow irritating.
Damn straight it is. Tell her how irritating. Please.
>> No. 33498
[x] Fuck it, go grab a drink and something to eat.

>Damn straight it is. Tell her how irritating. Please.
Please!
>> No. 33504
[x] Fuck it, go grab a drink and something to eat.

Changing vote.
>> No. 33516
File 130286581055.png - (120.19KB , 800x600 , Totally not alice.png ) [iqdb]
33516
[x] Attempt to defuse the situation.
Have I voted already? Goddamn I need to stop making empty vote posts.
>> No. 33525
[x] Attempt to defuse the situation.
>> No. 33527
>>33482
do you make these songs? they're nice.

in b4 slowpoke
>> No. 33543
[ ] Fuck it, go grab a drink and something to eat.
>> No. 33553
Resisting the very, very strong urge to slap myself in the face and let out a sigh, I hurry into the living room, walking to the middle of the room, in between the girl and the woman currently having a stare-down across it. Raising my hands as though I’m in disbelief, I take a glance at each side, not bothering to hide the clear exasperation in my expression. Neither of them seem to change their faces at all at my arrival; Yuuka still looks as smug as ever, only changing up the way her arms are folded, and Muse just doesn’t seem to budge at all, not even acknowledging me with a glance.

“Hey, hey, what the hell is going on here?” I demand to know, scowling. “No fighting in here. Do you want to wreck our home?”

“Then,” Muse speaks up, mechanically, “if we were to take it outside, would that be acceptable?”

“What?” I say, flustered for just an instant. “I mean, no! It’s not okay even if you take it outside. Come on, no fighting.”

“Pity.”

“Yes, what a pity,” Yuuka says with a nasty sneer, taking a provoking step forward, her arms still crossed together, “Seems I won’t get the chance to show just how useless all your accumulated knowledge would be against me.”

“Hey, Yuuka!” I hiss, taking a step toward her. She gives me a sharp, dangerous glance in my direction, as though she’s telling me to shut my mouth, and I find that I can’t seem to finish taking that step, freezing in place.

Muse remains silent and unmoving, although the bladed crosses hanging in the air around her don’t seem to be planning to disappear anytime soon.

“Pursuing knowledge for the sake of knowledge... seeking to learn the answer behind life...” Yuuka continues, her sneer growing even wider as she speaks. “Do you seek to be God? Do you think that if you were to find the answer, that you would be elevated to the status of an almighty creator? How laughable! What a worthless thing to believe.”

The girl still remains still, not showing any reaction. Watching her, Yuuka’s smirk seems to wipe itself off her face, and she takes on a much more grim expression, continuing to speak in a much more impersonal tone.

“Even if you find the ‘answer,’ it’s pointless. This world is shaped by what its people choose to believe, and what they choose to disbelieve. If you were to find the answer, it’d be nothing more than just finding an explanation that is able to satisfy the masses. Eventually, enough people will believe in it for the world to ascertain that it is the ‘truth,’ and change itself according to that perceived truth. And even then, if enough people disbelieve in it, the ‘truth’ you sought so feverishly before will become nothing more than a lie, to be replaced with a new ‘truth.’ That’s why it’s pointless, what you’re doing.”

“Yuuka, what the hell are you talking about--”

“Shut up,” she says in a sharp tone of voice, displaying none of her usual smugness. “If you can’t understand, then just keep quiet and do nothing.”

Wincing, I decide to step down for now, taking an uneasy step back while biting my tongue lightly to keep myself from talking back.

Yuuka walks closer, unafraid of the dozens of sharp edges aligned toward her.

“Seeking the truth behind something is impossible, because truth isn’t something that exists at all. The world is constantly changing, and truths can become lies and lies can become truths. That’s why seeking knowledge is pointless. What you’re doing is pointless. Your entire existence is pointless. You can’t become a God. You and all the other humans of this era are nothing more than slaves to the god known as Science--”

I nearly fall back as I see something pink whiz by before my eyes, at a speed too fast for me to follow. I look to Yuuka, and see her holding one of the crosses that Muse summoned. She’s holding it by the blade, apparently having caught it an inch before it struck her in between the eyes. That smirk making its way back to her face again, she lowers her hand, and tightens her grip on the cross she’s holding. It breaks apart into glowing fragments of light, dissipating into the air. Blood starts dripping from Yuuka’s palm, falling onto the carpeted floor, but she hardly seems to notice as she continues to advance toward Muse.

“Do you disagree with what I’m saying? Do you wish to prove me wrong?” she says, laughing to herself maliciously. “Why don’t you do that if you can? Or at least try to shut me up if you can’t, hmm?”

“WOULD YOU STOP IT ALREADY!”

Having had just about enough, I step in front of Yuuka, my fear of her completely forgotten. I don’t know what I’m going to do. My head is throbbing like crazy and I can’t even think coherently about what I’m going to say, but I’m at least sure of one thing: this has to stop. Not just this stupid argument that I’m not even going to try to understand the logic of, but the way this woman treats other people has been getting on my nerves and driving me crazy for so long that I don’t even care about what might happen to me.

“You...” I say, my voice shaking, though not from fear or anything of the sort. “You’re always trying to aggravate other people, always trying to pick a fight with them for no reason! What the hell is wrong with you!? What the fuck is this!? We just got out of a real shitty situation, and while we’re supposed to be celebrating that, you’re still trying to provoke someone into a fight, and when I try to stop you, you just tell me to shut up!? Are you saying I have no authority in my own home?! You’re just--”

I stop.

I stop, and look ahead.

Yuuka’s there. She seems surprised at your outburst. Not angry, but just surprised. But for some reason, her face seems a little hazy. Why is the image moving around so much? It’s contorting and swirling and everything is fading. I feel a chill run down my spine, and a moment later, the back of my head which had been throbbing so hard until now feels icy cool. The moment I feel the cold, my vision blacks out, and I that I can see is black black black.

I feel numb.

“Hey, why are you...” I hear Yuuka call out to me, her voice sounding distant and far-off.

I feel

----

Hearing the bell announcing the end of class and the start of lunch break, I lift my head from the desk, my eyes still feeling a bit fuzzy. Feeling drowsy, I plant an elbow on the table, holding my head up by the forehead. Around me, I see that the students of the class of 2-B are already beginning to leave the classroom, some heading immediately to the cafeteria while others stick around to chat with their friends.

Wearing a scowl, I stand up from the desk, lifting my bag and draping it over one shoulder. Some of the kids sitting near my desk look up at me at the sound of my chair scraping the floor, but I ignore them as I nudge the chair into the desk with my foot, walking with wide strides to the already slid-open classroom door. I walk past a group of students still taking their sweet ass time making their exit, shoving past one of them roughly without a word and out into the hallway.

“Hey--” a girl’s voice comes from behind me, sharp and probably angry.

[ ] Keep walking.
[ ] Turn around.
>> No. 33554
[x] Turn around.

Was this before or after that girl snubbed him?
>> No. 33556
[X] Turn around.
The high school dream sequence. It was inevitable, I suppose.

>She seems surprised at your outburst.
Was this shift to second person intentional, or a simple mistake?
>> No. 33557
>>33556
hmmmmmmmmmmmm
[x] Turn around.
>> No. 33558
[x] Keep walking.

Fuck that girl. If her and her buddies are blocking the exit, they have no right to be mad when they get moved out of the way.
>> No. 33559
[X] Keep walking.
>> No. 33560
[x] Turn around.
>> No. 33561
[x] Keep walking.
Remember what happened to Orpheus.
>> No. 33564
[x] Turn around.

Bah, intentional or not there's no need to be a douche bag moving past them unless provoked.
>> No. 33565
[x] Turn around.

Empathy powers go!
>> No. 33567
[x] Keep walking.

Onwards.
>> No. 33568
[x] Turn around while walking.

It's what I would do.
>> No. 33569
[x] Turn around.
>> No. 33572
[x] Turn around.
>> No. 33576
[ ] Turn around.
>> No. 33577
[ ] Turn around.

"Yeah, Sorry!"
>> No. 33578
[] Turn around.

We just passed an empathy check.
>> No. 33579
Dammit Yuukastel.
[x] Turn around.
>> No. 33580
>Hearing the bell announcing the end of class and the start of lunch break, I lift my head from the desk, my eyes still feeling a bit fuzzy. Feeling drowsy, I plant an elbow on the table, holding my head up by the forehead.

Next to the window, second from the back.

[x] Turn around.

There's a human skull on the ground~
>> No. 33582
>[ ] Turn around.
Bright eyes.
>[ ] Turn around.
Look at me.
>[ ] Turn ar-
I can't think of anymore songs.

[x] Keep walking.
>> No. 33585
[x] Turn around.

The fuck do you want?

>>33553

Thank fuck.

I'm so glad he unloaded on Yuuka. She's had that coming for such a long time, now.

As for the high school flashback, maybe we'll finally get to find out his name.
>> No. 33599
[X] Turn around.
Might as well be polite.

>>33553
Woah. So we blacked out from raging at Yuuka? Um, alright, I guess.
>> No. 33665
[X ] Turn around.
>> No. 33723
I stop at the doorway, one hand on the frame as I slowly turn around to look behind me. A girl is standing there. Short, very short compared to me. The way she’s trying to stand tall reminds me of how small animals raise themselves on their hind legs to make themselves appear more threatening. She has long, straight black hair running down her back, and her blue eyes sharply glare at me, burning with indignation in spite of their cool color. Not bad. Striking, even. Although, I couldn’t really care much about that. Although she’s not unfamiliar to me, being my classmate of a month or so, we’ve never talked, so this may as well be our first meeting.

Well, although I can just about guess what she’s going to say.

“Don’t you think it’s rude to shove your way through like that?” she says in a cold, hostile voice.

I stare at her with narrowed eyes. She takes a step back, as though frightened for just a moment before collecting herself and standing firmly and defiantly once again. Scowling, I mutter back in a low, almost grumbling tone of voice, “...Not when you’re being so slow.”

“Even if you’re in a hurry,” she hotly responds, “that’s no excuse for pushing people around just because you’re bigger than they are. You should have just asked us to move aside. It’s just common courtesy!”

“Right, common courtesy,” I mutter back dryly, beginning to turn around. “We’re done here then.”

She grabs me by my jacket, pulling me back. “No we’re not.”

Grimacing harshly, I forcefully rip myself away from her grip, backing out into the hallway. “What the fuck. Don’t touch me.”

With grit teeth, the girl follows me out, swiftly walking past the door as her alarmed looking friends crowd around behind her, watching but unwilling to get involved as the girl marches toward me, looking incensed.

“Apologize.”

“What?”

“Apologize!” she says, her face glowing a slight red in anger.

“No.”

“Apolo--”

A boy emerges from the classroom, standing in between me and the girl as she starts to advance further toward me. He puts his hand on her shoulders, gently shoving her back while speaking in a placating tone of voice. “Whoa, hey, it’s okay, Sakurazaki. He didn’t push me that hard. And anyway, you’re better off not getting involved with that guy anyway...”

“That’s not the point! He needs to--”

Not wanting to hear any more of her, I turn around and begin walking down the hallway, slipping my hands into my pockets. Behind me, I can still hear the girl yelling at me while the other boy tries to calm her down. The fuck is her problem, anyway. She’s not even the one I pushed, so why is she getting so upset about it. What, does she have some kind of stupid justice streak or something? That’s irritating.

...Now I don’t even want to go back to class anymore. It’s going to be annoying, walking back into the classroom with everyone eyeballing me the moment I walk in because of what happened just now. Damn it, because of that girl making a big deal outta a whole lot of nothing I’m just gonna end up getting more negative attention. Annoying. That’s so annoying. That’s so irritating that I think I’m going to just cut the rest of my classes today and go play hooky somewhere. With that decided, I begin to walk to my usual method of escape from school.

Walking out of the building, to the school grounds, I walk around the main building, darting into the alleyway between it and the gym. Heading straight for the fence, I raise a foot and plant it against a pipe running at the side of one of the walls, using it as a foothold as I lift my body up, clinging to the links of the fence. Raising my other foot, I prepare to scale the fence when--

“The hell’re you doing?”

Who the fu--

Panicking, I nearly lose my grip entirely on the fence, my footing slipping and giving way and leaving me dangling on the fence links. Letting go, I drop back down to the ground and hastily turn around to the source of the voice I just heard. Tucked away in a narrow crook in the alleyway that I hadn’t looked on the way in, I see another student, with bleached gold hair and silver earrings dangling from his ears. He’s got a cigarette held between his fingers and an amused expression on his face.

“Ditching school?” he says with a sneer (or maybe it’s a grin), his voice coming out rough and harsh, “That ain’t right.”

Fine thing for you to be saying, underage smoker.

He brings his cigarette to his mouth, taking a puff from it, his every moment so casual and laid back that he seems almost sleepy. His drooping eyes roll about, and his head tilts this and that way, but it’s clear that his gaze is focused on me. “...Hey, aren’t you that one kid with the funny sounding name?”

I stay silent, sizing him up. He’s shorter than I am, but his body is lean, and fit, like a predator, on a completely different level from the gangly and skinny me. It would be stupid of me to be picking a fight with him, or to get on his especially bad side, but I don’t want to acknowledge his stupid question, either, so I’ll just keep quiet...

He reaches into his pocket, and withdraws a pack of cigarettes. His own cigarette held in his mouth now, he opens up the pack and offers it toward me, showing me that not-quite-a-sneer-but-not-quite-a-friendly-grin as he does so. “Want a smoke?”

[ ] Take one.
[ ] ...
>> No. 33724
[x] Take one.

Assuming this isn't a reality-altering dream, this guy needs a smoke.
>> No. 33725
Holy shit, high-school-age Protagonist has a major chip on his shoulder. What an annoying little fuck.

Where's the brilliant kid Sempai talked about? This isn't him.
>> No. 33726
[x] Take one.
>> No. 33727
[x] Take one.
>> No. 33728
[x] Take one.
>> No. 33729
[x] Take one.
>> No. 33730
He shouldn't smoke

[]...
>> No. 33731
[x]Take one.

Look at me I'm a tough guy!
>> No. 33732
[x] Take one.
>> No. 33733
[X] ...
>> No. 33734
>Anonymous is easily giving into peer pressure
Well, this sure explains a lot.

[x]...
>> No. 33735
[x]...

Hmm...
>> No. 33736
[x]...
>> No. 33737
[x]...
>> No. 33738
That feel when you can't find any Hirano pictures.

[x] Take one.

PEER PRESSURE?

DOUSHIO?
>> No. 33740
[x]...
>> No. 33741
Funny-sounding name. Which Seihou guy could that be? Gates? Erich? Lagunas? Yuuta?
>> No. 33742
File 130418907298.jpg - (266.63KB , 1024x768 , void(0).jpg ) [iqdb]
33742
>>33738
Pixiv has a few.
[X] ...
>> No. 33749
[x]...

I guess the underage smoker's the Kohai.
>> No. 33751
[X] ...
Yeah we really need to cough up our lungs.
>> No. 33753
[x] Take one.

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
>> No. 33777
[x] ...
>> No. 33780
[x] Take one.
>> No. 33785
[x] Take one.
>> No. 33893
[x] Take one.
>> No. 33946
>>33553
>But for some reason, her face seems a little hazy. Why is the image moving around so much? It’s contorting and swirling and everything is fading. I feel a chill run down my spine, and a moment later, the back of my head which had been throbbing so hard until now feels icy cool. The moment I feel the cold, my vision blacks out, and I that I can see is black black black.
Hey, remember how I said a long time back, that we should be worried about him having recurring dizzy spells after getting soundly whacked on the back of the head?

...Yeah.

Maybe we should've had that looked at.
>> No. 34064
[X] Take one, but save it for later.
No need to ruin our health now.

>>33946
When was this? Because I certainly don't recall anyone saying this. And I'm not trying to be rude, I just want my memory refreshed.
>> No. 34092
“...Sure,” I finally mutter back, reaching out to take the cigarette from the pack.

“Got a light?”

I shake my head as a reply, and the boy reaches into his lapel, taking out a cheap disposable lighter. Holding the cigarette stick between my fingers, I hold it out to him, and he puts the lighter to its end, flicking on the flint and setting the tip of the cigarette ablaze. Slowly, I withdraw my hand, my stare focused on the butt of the cigarette. Hesitantly, I put it between my lips, and inhale.

Cough -- hack!

Immediately a foul taste fills my mouth, going down my throat and straight into my lungs. Feeling like they’ve been lit on fire, I damn near cough my lungs out, the cigarette stick nearly dropping out of my hand from the convulsing of my body. My eyes water up slightly, and my throat feels all dry as I continue to wheeze. The boy who offered me the cigarette watches with that same sneer while puffing out smoke, which is starting to really piss me off as I look up at him, feeling like I’ve been tricked.

“Heh,” he laughs, “First times are always like that. You’ll get used to it. Go on, take another.”

Leering at him with distrust, still occasionally letting out a cough, I stare at the cigarette in my hand again. Reluctantly, I put the cigarette to my lips again, inhaling again, though having learned my lesson, I do it a bit more gradually this time. The taste fills my lungs again, and although I try to hold it in, a cough makes me spit it all back out. It wasn’t so bad this time, though. And... there’s something about the taste that seems a little appealing. Sort of a bitter, but rich taste...

“See?” the boy says, grinning. “Told ya you’d get used to it.”

“...Yeah,” I reply, my voice a bit scratchy.

He lowers his chin, leaning back against the brick wall and enjoying his cigarette in silence. Allowing myself to loosen up my tension a bit, I do the same, leaning against the opposite wall while taking puffs from the cigarette, occasionally letting out a cough or two.

“Hey, you’re a sophomore, ain’t ya,” the boy suddenly asks, looking up again.

I respond dully, “Uh, yeah.”

“I’m a 3rd year here,” he says, flicking his cigarette to the ground and grinding it with his shoe. He takes out his pack of cigarettes and fishes another one out, speaking while he does so, “Guess that makes me your Senpai, doesn’t it.”

Wow, you know that 3 > 2. That’s amazing.

Just at that moment, a bell resounds throughout the school grounds, announcing the end of the lunch break. I don’t pay any mind to it, though, and the third year doesn’t, either, the two of us continuing to smoke in the narrow space between these two buildings.

“Not gonna go back to class?” he asks me.

I shake my head. “You’re not either, huh.”

He laughs heartily. “Too dumb to understand any of it anyway. But you’re pretty smart, aren’t you? You ranked first within the freshmen during midterms.”

I stay silent.

“Ah, but you bombed the finals though. How come?”

“I don’t know,” I mutter darkly, looking aside. “I guess I didn’t study hard enough.”

“Liar,” he immediately says, his grin looking like a sneer again. “You just didn’t try, did you? Or, you failed it deliberately, maybe.”

...

He lights the end of his new cigarette, putting it in between his lips. With it in his mouth, he speaks again, his words coming out with a slight muffle, “You’re just a liar. The other students are all liars. The teachers are all liars. The adults are all liars. This world’s just full of liars and fakes -- I hate it.”

“And you’re not a liar?” I find myself blurting that out at him.

He grins, stretching both arms out to the side. “I’m not. I don’t ever lie.”

I scoff. “I don’t believe you.”

He takes a puff from his cigarette. “That’s because you’ve been tainted by liars.”

“Whatever,” I mutter, tossing my cigarette to the ground, not even bothering to put it out while getting ready to leave, “You’re crazy.”

“You’re different,” he says.

I stop, just one step past him.

“And those who are different will be singled out,” the 3rd year continues, touching a foot to the wall and shifting his weight onto one leg. “It’s a natural thing to happen, even in this day and age. And so, to avoid being different, you try to make yourself the same as everyone else, trying not to stand out, and when that doesn’t work, by trying to completely isolate yourself from the rest...”

“That’s a nice Social Behavior paper you’re writing there.”

“Right?” he says, laughing again. Detestable. “See you again, liar.”

With a scowl, I leave the idiot in his alleyway, stuffing my hands into the pockets of my jacket. I won’t be able to use that getaway spot anymore. It might be a bit late now, but seeing as I don’t have anything else to do, I might as well go back to class.

---

Ignoring everyone’s stares, I walk into the classroom, closing the sliding door behind me. The teacher takes one glance at me before returning to whatever lecture he was in the middle of before I interrupted, not even bothering with a biting remark this time around. Walking around the back of the classroom, I make my way to my seat. Glancing down at my desk, I find a grimace creeping onto my face. The surface of my desk is covered in great, ugly black marks. Insults, swears, and crude drawings have been left all over the top.

Pulling back my seat, I sit down in it. I can still feel everyone’s eyes on me. Probably, they’re looking for some kind of reaction -- hoping to get a rise out of me, maybe, but I’m too used to this already anyway. I look around the classroom with only a vague look of interest on my face. So, who was the mastermind behind this? It must be in retaliation for how I acted during lunch.

So was it that Sakurazaki girl?

I look over to her seat, two rows away from mine. She’s looking this way already. But there’s no gloating look to her eyes, or anything that betrays guilt or culpability. No, actually, her eyes seem to be... full of sympathy? Concern? Anger? I can’t tell from her expression at all, but it doesn’t seem like she was the one, anyway.

At the corner of my eye, I see a movement from a student behind Sakurazaki. Turning my gaze to him, I recognize him as the kid I pushed. He immediately turns away the moment I lay eyes on him. How absolutely transparent of him. So, he was the one, huh. Not that I plan on doing anything to him, though.

My curiosity satisfied, I fold my arms together on top of my graffiti-filled desk, burying my face into them.

---

After school, just as I’m getting ready to leave, that girl Sakurazaki comes up to my desk. She stands in front of it, and leans over, slamming her hands down on top of the desk and making me almost jump in my seat from just how abrupt that action was. I look up at her, my face a mixture of surprise and annoyance, while she stares down at me with a look of intense determination for something.

“Let me help you clean that,” she immediately demands.

“What?” I reply, dumbstruck.

“Didn’t you hear me?” she says irritably, “Let me help you clean your desk.”

I stare at her, eyes narrowed in suspicion. She doesn’t budge from her place, or show any change in her expression, glaring back. Cautiously, distrustfully, I decide to ask, “...What are you playing at?”

“This is because of me, right?” she says, pointing to the graffiti on my desk. “Since I hold responsibility for this, let me help you clean it up.”

Is she serious?

[ ] “...Don’t screw with me.”
[ ] “Fine, do whatever you want.”
>> No. 34093
[x] “Fine, do whatever you want.”

Well this is a bit of shock as I thought he was a promising student before getting mixed up with her.
>> No. 34095
[x] “Fine, do whatever you want.”
>> No. 34097
[x] “...Don’t screw with me.”

Buzz off. It's not her fault, anyway.
>> No. 34099
[x] “...Don’t screw with me.”
>> No. 34100
[x] “...Don’t screw with me.”

Sakurazaki didn't do anything wrong, and it's pretty damn annoying that she thinks she is responsible for this. Just leave him alone y'know. He'll deal with this however he wants to.

>This world’s just full of liars and fakes -- I hate it.
Senpai is a pretty cool guy.
>> No. 34101
[x] “Fine, do whatever you want.”

Nothing to say at the moment.
>> No. 34102
[x] “Fine, do whatever you want.”
>> No. 34103
[x] “Fine, do whatever you want.”
>> No. 34104
Alright fellas, turn on your brains, because this is going to be a mental thrillride you'll definately need em for!

Situation in the past: tension between MikoGirl#1 and BabyProtagonist, aiming towards a relationship. Unknown status of relationship.

Situation in the present: MikoGirl#1 and AdultProtagonist do not want to see each other at all, nor hear from each other. Thinking about each other seems to be taboo either.

HOW DO YOU CONNECT THESE TWO STATES? WHAT HAPPENED?

My guess is, although we will probably get to decide how it all played out, that MC here hooked up with the girl, she warmed him up to the world, he was happy for some time, and then they broke up. Unknown reasons, but in the end it caused him to become the sad, unfeeling bastard we are now slowly steering him away from. I suppose you could say, rise and fall, huh?

That could be a good explanation for why he always was so antisocial; he had a background on this kind of stuff and was dead-set on avoiding more of it. Stay away from relationships, stay away from heartbreak. Kind of like Shinji in NGE.

Jesus, I just noticed how pathetic this dude actually was before we hijacked his brain/life. Only thing missing would be that he started mumbling i mustn't run away, i mustn't run away, i mustn't run away...

TUNE IN TO THE NEXT ANON FOR MORE THEORIES!

[I'D SMACK THAT] “Fine, do whatever you want.”
>> No. 34105
[x] “...Don’t screw with me.”
>> No. 34106
[x] “...Don’t screw with me.”
>> No. 34108
[x] Rip off the top of your desk and throw it out the window.
-[x] "There, cleaned."
>> No. 34110
[X] “...Don’t screw with me.”

>>34100

I kind of agree with this sentiment. Sakurazaki is not responsible for this. It would have happened regardless of whether she chewed out our protagonist.

She's like the polar opposite of our protagonist who never thinks he's involved with anyone. From what we've seen of her so far, she involves herself with everyone.

I guess they kind of balance each other out.
>> No. 34113
[x] “...Don’t screw with me.”

Shoo. Thank you.
>> No. 34115
[x] “Fine, do whatever you want.”

If this is what will help her sleep easier, it's no skin off my back.
>> No. 34117
[x] “Fine, do whatever you want.”
>> No. 34122
[x] “...Don’t screw with me.”
>> No. 34125
[x] “Fine, do whatever you want.”

Don't look at it as a plot development hook. Look at it as the protagonist would: "Hey, less work for me."
>> No. 34127
>>34125
But is slightly less work worth putting up with someone annoying?
>> No. 34129
>>34127
He seems like someone who would rather not make waves.
>> No. 34131
>>34129
If he was that sort of person, he wouldn't have gotten in this mess.
>> No. 34177
[ ] “Fine, do whatever you want.”

Like Miko, like Yuuka.
>> No. 34194
[x] “Fine, do whatever you want.”
>> No. 34199
[ ] “...Don’t screw with me.”

Ah, so this is the MC's past, instead of something related to Yuuka. Interessing.
>> No. 34219
[x] “Fine, do whatever you want.”

Why hello thar little lady~...
>> No. 34229
[x] “Fine, do whatever you want.”
>> No. 34232
[x] “Fine, do whatever you want.”

Works for me~!
>> No. 34239
[x] “...Don’t screw with me.”

Don't look down on me.
>> No. 34264
Votes called already?
>> No. 34265
>>34264
Lion rarely calls votes. He usually only does that when he starts to think the update is long overdue. Just keep em coming.
>> No. 34402
I look at her with caution, my eyes narrowed in skepticism. She stares back at me, not buckling under my glare at all, the way she did this noon. In her eyes, I can see defiance. But that’s not all that I see. What is it? Anger? Annoyance? Pity? Her gaze appears to be each of those, yet at the same time I get the feeling that it’s something different, that it’s something else. I can’t understand her. I can’t understand why she would want to help me, after the way I treated her. It irks me, it irritates me. It feels like an itch on my back that I can’t quite reach to scratch.

“Fine, do whatever you want,” I finally say, turning my head away as if I had some other business to attend to.

“I will,” she replies in an aggressive tone.

Scoffing, I turn around, giving the classroom a once over. The late stragglers of the class quickly turn their heads away from me when they notice my gaze on them, apparently having been watching quite keenly before then. I take a quick glance to the Sakurazaki girl, who’s occupied with reading the things that have been written down on my desk, silently muttering them to herself. She hasn’t noticed. She seems oblivious to just how much attention she attracts to herself with the way she acts, which is seriously annoying.

“I’ll go wet some paper towels,” I say, moving toward the door. When I notice movement behind me, I turn my head with a look of irritation. “Don’t follow me.”

“No,” she says defiantly. “You might try to run off and leave me to clean by myself. And anyway, you told me to do whatever I want, right?”

“Tsk.”

With an annoyed click of the tongue, I turn my head back forward and begin walking toward the classroom door, sliding it open amidst the stares of the idiot gawkers in the classroom. I make to close it behind me once I step out, but Sakurazaki’s hand quickly slips in in-between. Paying her no mind, I begin to walk down the hallway, heading toward the sinks.

“Hey,” Sakurazaki calls from behind, just as I’m beginning to put her out of my mind. With only half-hearted interest, I cock my head toward her, and she speaks, “Why didn’t you say anything about it in class? You could’ve talked to the teacher.”

“And what if I had?” I say, scoffing. “It wouldn’t have mattered anyway”

“Well you could have--”

“Found out who did it?” I finish her sentence, feeling my lips curling into a nasty grin, “I already know who did it.”

Sakurazaki looks at me skeptically, her eyes hard like stone. “Well, who?”

“It was that friend of yours I shoved,” I say, turning to face the sinks. Reaching up, I grab a few sheets of paper towels from the dispenser at my head.

“He wouldn’t do that,” she quickly jumps to his defense, scowling. “Not because he was shoved.”

I give her a hard look over again, and this time, she almost quails under it. She’s serious. She seriously believes what she says, and it’s written on her face. I can’t help but widen my grin, which appears to be getting on her nerves, her irritation now showing plainly. With a knowing smile, I say to her, “Oh no, it was definitely him.”

“How would you know that?” she replies impatiently.

“E.S.P.”

“Shut up,” she says, angered now.

I laugh, harshly. “You really don’t know, do you? It wasn’t just him, either. The entire class was in on it. Or did you think only one person wrote all that crap on the desk?”

“Why would they...”

“You’re so clueless.”

Turning on the faucet, I run the stack of towels in my hand under it, keeping it there until it’s sufficiently wet. Folding it over on top of my hand, I begin to walk back toward my classroom, Sakurazaki struggling to keep up with my long, wide strides.

“Hey, wait up!” she says, her tone still defiant and angry, “If I don’t know anything, then tell me so I do know.”

She reaches out, grabbing at my shirt from behind. I feel my collar being yanked at, and--

I’m falling.

Suddenly, the feeling of being firmly planted on the ground seems to disappear altogether, and my feet feel as though they’re dancing on air. I lose my sense of up and down, knowingly only vaguely that I am falling, falling, falling, though whether I’m falling toward the ground or to the sky is something that I can’t determine. It feels as though... I’m sinking into the sea, with nothing around me, but at the same time, everything around me. A feeling of isolation, and yet at the same time a feeling that I’m going to be overwhelmed by all that surrounds me.

I fall through the sea of thoughts, my body feeling warm and comfortable. My thoughts come to a near complete stop, knowing only the blissful sensation I’m feeling. But wait, that’s not good. If I were to completely succumb to this feeling, there might be a chance that I’d never again be able to return from it again. So I fight. I fight off the pleasant sensation that’s filling my body and mind. I fight, and I fight, and I fight and--

And I feel my feet landing on solid ground, even though I can’t see one at my feet. In a void without any features, I take a step. My foot leaves the non-existent ground, and after a second of deliberation, lands on it again, firmly planted to it as though there was an invisible floor there. The warm, pleasant feeling is gone now, and my mind no longer feels as though it’s being gently put to sleep.

Ah.

I walk forward.

Because there, I can see someone.

A young woman, crouched down and hugging her knees. A long curtain of hair runs down the length of her bare back. Her distant figure grows larger the closer I get, and only a few paces from her do I stop, freezing in place. White feathers surround her, as though having molted from some large bird that has already taken flight, but... Sprouting from her back are the bases of two large, feathery wings. But they’re no longer wide, and majestic and beautiful. They have been clipped, cut off, and torn apart, leaving behind only the stumps, and the molten feathers all around.

You’ve come again.

Yeah.

I’m happy.

Yeah.

I take a step toward her.

No, you mustn’t come closer.

I reach out with a hand, still walking, but when I try to move it closer to her, it immediately bursts into a flame, red and violent. It doesn’t hurt, but immediately, I draw away my hand. The warmth that I felt from before -- the pleasant, mind-numbingly pleasant warmth -- is here in this hand, burning and burning, but I focus, fighting it off again, and the flame is extinguished.

There’s someone else that needs your help.

Who?

Someone who has lost the will to live, ever since she lost a part of herself.

Who...?

She is lost here. But she doesn’t realize that she’s lost. Please, you’re the only one who can help her.

I...

[ ] I’ll help her.
[ ] ...I can’t.
[ ] But what about you?
>> No. 34403
[x] I’ll help her.
This, let's stay on that path we haven chosen.
[x] But what about you?
I am not sure if the second is possible, if yes, include please. If not then only the first.
>> No. 34405
[x] I’ll help her.
>> No. 34408
[x] I’ll help her.
>> No. 34409
[x] ...I can’t.

Fuck off, angel-lady.
>> No. 34410
[x] I’ll help her.
>> No. 34412
[X] I’ll help her.
[X] But what about you?
>> No. 34413
[x] But what about you?

We aren't some sort of superhero, dedicated to improving the life of all beings. We chose to help this thing, but we didn't sign up for random strangers and their dogs too. We can't do everything, so we should focus on doing one thing right. We must ensure that this angel thing is absolutely as happy as can be, nothing else matters.
>> No. 34414
[X] I’ll help her.
[X] But what about you?
>> No. 34415
[X] I'll help her.
[X] But what about you?

Fuck it. Let's save both of 'em.
>> No. 34416
[x] But what about you?
I wonder who that other person is? Still, like they said, we can't just forget about the this person.
>> No. 34417
[x] But what about you?

Angel first.
>> No. 34420
[X] I’ll help her.
[X] But what about you?
>> No. 34421
>>34416
My money on the girl being the one in the memories (she's working at a shrine now, right?) and being the next one targeted.
>> No. 34422
[X] I’ll help her.

I'd see it as another opportunity to find some answers or leads to another possible target, the "rescuing" just happens to be another result of our actions.

Besides simply ignoring it could end up us missing something vital.
>> No. 34423
[x] I’ll help her.
[x] But what about you?
>> No. 34424
[x] But what about you?
[x] I’ll help her.

I think he'd be more worried about the angel girl first. And by asking this way, he'd get more time to deliberate on his choice.

After all, the choice is 'I can't', not 'I won't'. Maybe this isn't something he's capable of fixing.
>> No. 34428
[x] I’ll help her.
[x] But what about you?
>> No. 34429
[x] I’ll help her.
[x] But what about you?
>> No. 34432
[X] I'll help her.
[X] But what about you?

I'm thinking she's talking about Muse.
>> No. 34435
>>34413
Fuck that, let's go for the Mind of Steel end.
>> No. 34437
[x] I’ll help her.

Sure, I'll take it.
>> No. 34438
[ ] I’ll help her.
[ ] But what about you?

>>34413
OH COME ON. Nobody can be this clueless.
It is glaringly obvious that this girl is going to be that miko. Either her, or someone who's going to move into the Border House soon, or already has.

>lost the will to live
>doesn't realize she's lost
hmm... Kana? Yuuka?
Or that second evil-angel girl that got her powers drained by the first?
>> No. 34475
>>34413
>We chose to help this thing, but we didn't sign up for random strangers and their dogs too.

But that's exactly what we did in response to the death threat e-mail we got, as well as taking all these strange women into our domicile. Only with Yuuka did we not have a choice.
>> No. 34477
>>34475
Eh, different situation. Helping people threatened by Sariel will put us one step closer to figuring out what the fuck is going on, and inviting all those touhous into our house will provide us with the means of doing that. His motivation for helping them is rather selfish, and more in line with his being.

However, helping this weird angel, and whatever she demands we help, is another can of worms entirely. It's completely selfless, and we have no idea what's going on here, or how it correlates to Sariel's shit. So why should we help? Besides feel-good feelings, what do we get out of this? What do we stand to lose by not helping? Who are we helping? There are too many questions, and not enough answers here. I'm certain that helping this other person will only increase the confusion we hold.

We need to focus ourselves, and do the things we are already trying to do right. As it stands, we're stretching ourselves too thin. Between dealing with saving people, improving our social status, becoming a better person, trying to help this angel, trying to help this mysterious person, and trying to help our touhous, we are just doing too fucking much. Like I said, we aren't a superhero; we can't do it all. We'll only run ourselves ragged by trying.

Well, this is all just, like, my opinion, in the end. Feel free to rip it apart.
>> No. 34478
File 13067453265.jpg - (482.38KB , 1024x768 , VIVIT.jpg ) [iqdb]
34478
>>34477
>We need to focus ourselves, and do the things we are already trying to do right. As it stands, we're stretching ourselves too thin. Between dealing with saving people, improving our social status, becoming a better person, trying to help this angel, trying to help this mysterious person, and trying to help our touhous, we are just doing too fucking much. Like I said, we aren't a superhero; we can't do it all. We'll only run ourselves ragged by trying.

Little he's done necessitated action of the MC directly. The uselessness of his gun is a reminder of the futility of attempting to change things through his own strength. Most of the work, including searching the city, capturing the target, and fighting off the enemy has been vicarious through the girls, or at least didn't require the MC's presence. Becoming a better person is a direct consequence of helping others, it's not an end to work toward itself, and social status will be impossible so long as he has otherworldly beings in his living room.

You say that the MC is looking out for his own interests by taking in the Touhoes. That may be. In any case, he's now acquired enough allies to delegate: Yuka, Elly, Kurumi, Kana, Kotohime, Ellen, and Muse. He's also linked up with Asakura and Meira. Some can handle finding Sariel's targets, some can work, some can look into the other leads, including this one, and Kana can manage the household. He doesn't even have to leave the house. If he's running himself ragged, it's because he still hasn't really learned to rely on other people.

>However, helping this weird angel, and whatever she demands we help, is another can of worms entirely. It's completely selfless, and we have no idea what's going on here, or how it correlates to Sariel's shit. So why should we help? Besides feel-good feelings, what do we get out of this? What do we stand to lose by not helping? Who are we helping? There are too many questions, and not enough answers here. I'm certain that helping this other person will only increase the confusion we hold.

The appearance of VIVIT the wingless angel seems even more closely tied with the MC's personal interests, specifically that of his ability, than Sariel's plots. If you still need to rationalize it, this is another potential avenue for information on himself and to discover why all these parties are interested in him.
>> No. 34479
>>34478
MC is the lowest of the low. He's a worthless NEET who does nothing but get drunk most days. To suddenly uplift him from this lifestyle, and thrust him into the shitty situation he is in would be stressful enough, but to force all of these corollary goals on top of that is just ridiculous. For a guy like him, becoming a better person is a whole hell of a lot more than just doing good deeds for people. You have to practically change your entire outlook, and way of thinking. It takes a tremendous amount of effort. With all these pressures on him, I'm surprised the guy hasn't been dropping faster, to be honest.

Delegating some of his responsibilities would be tremendously beneficial to his health, but we just can't do that either; it's impossible. Most of our touhous are unnatural looking, so they can't search the city for us, nor can they go into the null-zones unattended, as we are needed to locate the target quickly. Obviously enough, we can't have them help us with this angel, or our powers, so that too, is out of the question.

I don't know. I just feel that this guy has already got enough shit on his plate. He needs to deal with all of that before adding more, ya know.

>the wingless angel seems even more closely tied with the MC's personal interests, specifically that of his ability, than Sariel's plots

That could be. At this point, I don't think anyone besides Lion has a clue where the fuck he is going with that, so your guess is as good as mine.

It's totally not VIVIT by the way.
>> No. 34485
[X] I’ll help her.
[X] But what about you?
>> No. 34487
The problem is that this fella is not overthinking the situation as we do. You remember the time we got that out-of-nowhere BAD END with Sariel, just because it would have been OOC to stay in that church? I think this kind of thing applies here too.

Just look at this from a storywriters perspective: he sets this situation up, messily de-winged angel pleading for help, not for her, mind you, but for some helpless girl far away, and then we just slap it straight out of the air. Yeah, I'd be pissed too.

From a less meta standpoint, he's in some sort of dreamworld. The last time he was in this dreamworld (or maybe mindscape?) he was more or less the only "active" person, all others were "drifting" around aimlessly or "stuck" in a mindset, like Elly, which we then freed. He may very well be the only player in this world at all, the only one able to help. This guy is not going to say "ooh, I have so much on my hands right now could you call again next week maybe I can squeeze you in my scedule then".
This guy is standing in a dreamworld, next to a gored angel, and having a mental chit-chat with her, all without batting an eye or thinking "waitaminute, what the hell is going on?!". When someone is asked "hey, wanna save that girl over there?" in such a situation then of course he is going to say "Yeah sure, what do I gotta do?" because it would be the instinctive reaction with all but the most cynical and calculating.
>> No. 34489
>You remember the time we got that out-of-nowhere BAD END with Sariel, just because it would have been OOC to stay in that church?
No. We got a bad end because we got a bad end. If something is OOC then it isn't an option. If a write in is OOC its votes are ignored. That's how a CYOA works.
>> No. 34499
Besides, considering how much she helped with Elly, how can you consider saying no to a request from her? Also, Lion encouraged us to care about others.
>> No. 34503
[x]"Help is for those who help themselves."
>> No. 34515
>>34503
Isn't that the one big problem in our world, especially for men?
When you're a MAN, you don't need help. But when you do need help, you aren't a MAN anymore, and dont even deserve pity, forget any help.
What the fuck! Its like socially enforced flawlessness or something. I wanna be allowed to show some weakness, too. It's just natural.
>> No. 34522
>>34515
While this is a problem, I really, really don't think this thread is the place to discuss it.
>> No. 34705
(http://tindeck.com/listen/zfmu)

Can I really do it? Is it... is it really possible for someone like me to undertake a task like that? I don’t know who she is, or what her relation to me is, if there is any. The person this angel with broken wings is talking about... is someone whose degree of separation from me can’t be any wider than it is. In spite of that, can I truly agree to be her savior?

...Of course I can.

I will help her.

I don’t even need to doubt myself anymore. The time for that’s already over. I’m not scared any more. I’m not scared of being powerless, and I’m not scared of myself, either. Whether I can do it or not isn’t an issue. If there’s something that I can do, anything that I can do at all...What’s important is that I do what I can. If I do that, then that’s enough.

I don’t know what I can do, but I’ll save her, whoever she is.

Thank you.

And, someday, I swear...

I will save yo

---

November 13, Friday

---

I wake, surrounded by darkness.

I don’t immediately get up, instead blinking around in the darkness while struggling to move my body. My body feels incredibly sore all over, my legs in particular feeling like they’re going to fall off. The slightest attempt at movement sends spasms of pain throughout my limbs, and the splitting headache I have at the moment isn’t exactly helping my situation, either. With a groan, I struggle to lift at least the upper part of my body up, peeling away the thick blanket covering me. I hear ruffling all around me as I sit up on top of the mattress of my bed.

The room is dark and unlit, and unadjusted to the pitch black of the room I can’t see a thing. I fumble around with my arms, flailing them around in front of me in spite of their agonized protests, and find that I can’t even see that. Letting out another pained groan, I lower my chin, bringing a hand to the bridge of my nose and giving it a massage, still trying to escape the clutches of my drowsiness.

...I have this odd feeling that I had an interesting dream just now. I used to think that I just couldn’t dream, but lately it feels like I do, just that I can never remember the details. It’s frustrating.

The lights suddenly turn on, and I whip my head up.

(http://tindeck.com/listen/mmob)

“Good morning, master,” Kana says with a bright and cheery grin, speaking to me from beside my bed, her hands folded together behind her back coyly. “Although as you can see, it’s evening already, so I should really be saying ‘good evening.’ ”

“Uh... yeah,” I say, feeling somewhat spacey. “...Wait, evening? How long have I been sleeping?”

“You’ve slept through nearly the entire day, master.”

“Shit...” I mumble, shaking my head. I was out for a whole day, huh? But even though I’ve been sleeping that long, I still don’t feel as though I’ve rested. “What happened to me, anyway? The last thing I remember is...”

“You blew up.”

“Yeah it was something like that, wasn’t it,” I mumble.

“The little one felt your head for a bit,” Kana continues, “She said you probably collapsed because of stress or something like that.”

“Stress, huh,” I say, sighing. I’ve been constantly saying that having to deal with all these girls will end up wrecking my health, but it’s still a bit unnerving that something like that’s actually happened. It also irritates me a little. “...Damn that Yuuka, always doing and saying whatever she wants.”

She suddenly giggles, floating to the side. “Oh, but she did something so very nice for you.”

“...?”

With a grunt of confusion, I look around in the now lit room, and my eyes widen slightly when I see flowers strewn about on top of the blanket covering my lower body, tossed around and disturbed from the movements of my body. There’s a wide variety of them, in many different colors and shapes, and only now do I smell their delicate fragrance. Did Yuuka...

“Wait a minute,” I say, frowning. “This just makes it look like I’ve died!”

Kana just laughs airily in response, while I grumble under my breath discontentedly.

“Well, now that you’re finally awake, master,” she begins, bending low so as to lean her face toward me, “what will you do next?”

[ ] Go back to sleep.
[ ] Grabbing a bite would be nice.
[ ] Check your phone.
[ ] Check on the rest of the house.
---[ ] Looking for anyone in particular? (specify)
>> No. 34707
[x] Check on the rest of the house.
---[x] Looking for anyone in particular? (Muse)

I wanna ask about that argument with Yuuka. What was up with that?
>> No. 34709
[X] Check your phone.

Unfortunately, I doubt S is going to give up any time soon. Are they going to go after Renko again, or will we have no clue who it is this time?
>> No. 34710
[ ] Grabbing a bite would be nice.
[ ] Check your phone.
[ ] Check on the rest of the house.
---[ ] Looking for anyone in particular? (muse)

It's not impossible to do three as he can eat and check his phone on the move.
>> No. 34713
[x] Check on the rest of the house.
---[x] Looking for anyone in particular? (Elly)
Enough time to do things. First some checking and then seirous business.
>> No. 34714
[X] Check your phone.
>> No. 34715
[X] Check your phone.
[x] Grab a bite.
Yeah, it's perfectly normal to do two things as simple as this at once.
>> No. 34716
[X] Grab a bite
-[x] Check your phone.

Works for me~!
>> No. 34717
[x] Grabbing a bite would be nice.
[x] Check your phone.
[x] Check on the rest of the house.
---[x] Looking for anyone in particular? (Yuuka)
>> No. 34718
[x] Go back to sleep.

>I’ve been sleeping that long, I still don’t feel as though I’ve rested.
>probably collapsed because of stress

Someones gotta look out for this guy.
>> No. 34720
File 130773646992.png - (385.49KB , 500x700 , e4a1c11a30a4e63ffa5717a45d96f5fe.png ) [iqdb]
34720
>November 13, Friday

Uh oh. I think we can expect someone to show up later. Pic related.

[X] Grabbing a bite would be nice.
[X] Check your phone.
[X] Check on the rest of the house.
-[X] Looking for anyone in particular? (Muse)
>> No. 34721
[x] Grabbing a bite would be nice.
[x] Check your phone.
>> No. 34725
>“Well, now that you’re finally awake, master,” she begins, bending low so as to lean her face toward me, “what will you do next?”
[x] Give her a peck on the nose
Then
[x] Grabbing a bite would be nice.
[x] Check your phone.
[x] Check on the rest of the house.
---[x] Looking for anyone in particular? (Yuuka)
>> No. 34730
[x] Give her a peck on the nose
Then
[x] Grabbing a bite would be nice.
[x] Check your phone.
[x] Check on the rest of the house.
---[x] Looking for anyone in particular? (Yuuka)

Chance!
>> No. 34737
>>34725 is here again.

I meant this so you can go and rage/explain your rage some more. We meant what we said, didn't we? We shouldn't let all that righteus anger vanish in "he was just stressed and flipped out". Yuuka is acting like a massive dick and should know it.
>> No. 34738
>>34737
Disregarding whether or not she is being an asshole about it, she was right.

I don't see why we should rant at Yuuka some more when she already understands that we don't want her to be needlessly antagonistic. At that point, you're only trying to reinforce a lesson already told, and are simply being annoying.
>> No. 34739
>Disregarding whether or not she is being an asshole about it, she was right.
Oh god yes. Please explain how she's right. Please. I need to hear this.
>> No. 34740
>>34739
>I nearly fall back as I see something pink whiz by before my eyes, at a speed too fast for me to follow. I look to Yuuka, and see her holding one of the crosses that Muse summoned.

Muse attacked her. Whether or not you personally agree with what Yuuka was saying, that Muse would attack her over trying to refute her logic, or anything else at all, indicates that what Yuuka was saying struck home.

It's like Yuuka said, either prove her wrong, or shut her up if you don't like what she's saying. Muse attacked her because she can't prove her wrong. Ergo, Yuuka is right.
>> No. 34742
>>34737
>We meant what we said, didn't we? We shouldn't let all that righteus anger vanish in "he was just stressed and flipped out". Yuuka is acting like a massive dick and should know it.

Right or wrong, when your 'righteous anger' leaves you literally apoplectic, it may be time to let it go.

For Yuka, the flowers are probably the single nicest thing she's done for the MC that couldn't be excused as looking in her own self-interest. And it's not a grudging, backhanded compliment given in confidence; it's clear to everyone in the house here that this is meant as an apology.

Remember the scene in Kill Bill where Bill is talking to the Bride about Pai Mei and Shaolin Monastery? Imagine that Yuka is Pai Mei, and the MC is the Shaolin monk passing her on the road, and that the gift of flowers is Pai Mei's barely perceptible nod of respect. The monk can either pay that (perhaps only imagined) respect in kind, or he can choose to spurn it. But if he does spurn it, he risks Pai Mei demanding the scalp of his head abbot (Muse), razing his monastery to the ground (the apartment), and demonstrating on him the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique (Dual Spark, or equivalent).

She might have stopped couching her body language in violence, but it doesn't change the fact that their relationship is predicated upon the threat of grievous bodily harm in order to secure on her part some conveniences.
>> No. 34743
>>34740
Aw, you're no fun. Here, watch me prove Yuuka wrong.

Let's assume what she's saying is true. Namely, that truth is determined by the beliefs of the majority. Most people do not believe this. Therefore it isn't true.

So easy~
>> No. 34744
>>34743
Oh lord. You have enlightened me. How could I have not reached this incredibly simple and stupid conclusion?

It's because you're wrong. Come back with something a little more substantial next time. Maybe don't use a tilde. 1/10, because I bothered to respond.
>> No. 34745
>>34744
Why aren't you pointing out where I"m wrong? It's because you can't. Ergo, I'm right.
>> No. 34746
>>34745
Actually, it's because I didn't wish to bother seriously responding to such an insufferable douchebag. But hey, I'll play your little game. Perhaps I'll be a little more "fun" this time.

>truth is determined by the beliefs of the majority. Most people do not believe this.

Our ancestors used to seriously believe lightning was a phenomenon of the gods. That was the truth to them, as they had no other explanation of this seemingly divine event. In the current age, people can rationalize and provide an explanation for lightning. What was once thought of as the truth is now thought of as ludicrous and laughable. The truth behind the formation of lightning has clearly changed with the peoples beliefs.

As we advance, old explanations, old truths, are disregarded for newer beliefs and thoughts. In the future, what is defined as the current explanation for the formation of lightning may be entirely discarded in revelation of newer information. That is how the truth works. That is how logic works. That is how science works.

Now take your pathetic reasoning and tildes back to the kids corner and shut up.
>> No. 34756
>>34746
We're not talking about the same thing because I failed to communicate properly.

Me:
2. That which is true or in accordance with fact or reality
You:
3. A fact or belief that is accepted as true
>> No. 34764
[x] Give her a peck on the nose
Then
[x] Grabbing a bite would be nice.
[x] Check your phone.
[x] Check on the rest of the house.
---[x] Looking for anyone in particular? (Yuuka)
>> No. 34817
[ø] Give her a peck on the nose
Then
[ø] Grabbing a bite would be nice.
[ø] Check your phone.
>> No. 34823
[x] Give her a peck on the nose
Then
[x] Grabbing a bite would be nice.
[x] Check your phone.
[x] Check on the rest of the house.
---[x] Looking for anyone in particular? (Yuuka)
>> No. 34827
[x] Give her a peck on the nose
Then
[x] Grabbing a bite would be nice.
[x] Check your phone.
[x] Check on the rest of the house.
>> No. 34900
[x] Give her a peck on the nose.
[x] Check on the rest of the house.
--[x] Looking for anyone in particular? (Muse)
>> No. 35031
[x] Give her a peck on the nose
Then
[x] Grabbing a bite would be nice.
[x] Check your phone.
[x] Check on the rest of the house.
>> No. 35032
[x] Give her a peck on the nose
Then
[x] Grabbing a bite would be nice.
[x] Check your phone.
[x] Check on the rest of the house.
---[x] Looking for anyone in particular? (Yuuka)

This kissing thing, it will not work. It is doomed to failure, misinterpretation, or deflection. It will not help Kana think any better of us because she is already fucking nuts.

And for some reason I'm still voting for it.
I hate being so easily suckered into this sort of shit.
Fuck you, Kana. Fuck you for having that psychotic attractive allure. Fuck you for making me want to help you when I know it won't make a lick of difference.
Mother.
Fucking.
Poltergeist.
>> No. 35033
Is There A Doctor In The House?
>> No. 35036
>>35032
are you me?
>> No. 35038
[x] Grabbing a bite would be nice.
[x] Check your phone.
[x] Check on the rest of the house.
---[x] Looking for anyone in particular? (Yuuka)

That kissing part is fucking retarded. It's not time for such thing, they are not that intimate yet.
>> No. 35042
File 130877262044.jpg - (108.31KB , 1000x1361 , kana curtsey.jpg ) [iqdb]
35042
>>35032
>This kissing thing, it will not work. It is doomed to failure, misinterpretation, or deflection. It will not help Kana think any better of us because she is already fucking nuts.

I know, she's great isn't she?
>> No. 35057
File 13088086495.gif - (4.60KB , 96x169 , 4348066.gif ) [iqdb]
35057
Now that I’ve had a little time to grow accustomed to being awake again, I’m painfully aware of the empty feeling in my stomach. I haven’t had anything to eat since yesterday’s lunch, so it naturally follows that I would be starving like hell after sleeping through nearly an entire day. I feel a growl of hunger rumbling discontentedly inside of my body. If I don’t stuff some food down my throat soon, I feel like I’m gonna end up collapsing again. Not caring for any shame or embarrassment at my body’s plaint expression of its needs, I immediately answer.

“Grabbing a bite would be nice. Is there any dinner left?”

“Of course, master,” she says, her smile unchanging. “I’ll go warm something up for you right away.”

With that said, she’s vanished from sight in the blink of an eye, completely disappearing in an instant. Scratching my head, I lift the blanket still on my lap and toss it aside, freeing my legs as I turn my body toward the edge of the bed, setting my feet down on the floor. I stand up, my knees feeling slightly wobbly from the pain of fatigue. My muscles scream in agony and protest, but it’s not unbearable, so I grit my teeth to deal with it.

I haven’t been changed out of my clothes, so I’m still in my jeans. On a whim, I pat down my pockets, feeling a small bulge in one of them. Then I remember the phone. Quickly, I reach inside and withdraw my cell phone, hurriedly activating it. A message might have come while I was asleep, and whether it’s from A. or that angel, if there is one then it’s definitely worth looking at ASAP.

“...Yup,” I nod to myself when I see the notice from my phone.

1 new e-mail from S, and 1 new voicemail from Senpai.

Of course, I check the message from S first.

---

Subject: (no subject)
From: S


Good morning.

On the fifteenth of November, at around 23:45, there will be a [murder]. The body will be discovered with [extreme burns], in a state beyond recognition. The body will be identified by dental records. The authorities will be unable to rule the case as a [homicide] or a [suicide]. Public dissent will grow.

Victim(s):

[Asama Isami]

Have a nice day.

---

I scowl bitterly at the screen, even as it goes dim. Another victim, in just two days from now, with a murderer that’ll be able to escape the police’s detection with ease. Just what is that angel after, sending those demons after people like this? What does S hope to accomplish by having these individuals murdered? What is it that we targets possess that other people don’t... no, I have a feeling that I already know the answer to that. My empathic power, and that little girl’s ability to read time, neither of those abilities are things that “normal” people possess...

But then, why does S want to kill people with special abilities? Are we unfit for the world the angel envisions? Does the angel think that we don’t belong in his world, because we possess those abilities? But there’s that guy who came after us last time, the sly little bastard that called himself Sylphid, who said he and his group were trying to save those who were being targeted by the attacks. Is he with the angel’s schemes? Was he going to kill us, or... was he really trying to keep us safe from the angel’s attacks? Either way, he’s a real bastard, and I wouldn’t accept any help that came from him...

...but he also said that we were the same. Is he... also a human with a special power?

“Is it someone you know this time, master?”

I nearly jump at the sound, whipping about to see Kana standing behind me with mischievous eyes. My cell phone nearly slips out of my relaxed hand for a second, but I manage to catch it again, stuffing it back into my pocket. The blonde girl laughs at my reaction, gliding back while giggling, although her eyes remain open and unblinking, with a cold glaze over it.

Getting over my brief shock, I shake my head. “No.”

“You had a scary look on your face,” she says with a mysterious smile. Her arms drift behind her, to her back, where she grips a wrist with a hand, fidgeting around while watching me silently, her eyes still retaining that cold, glazed over look to it, which sends a chill down my spine. “...Say, master, why don’t you just quit?”

“What?”

“It’s dangerous, isn’t it? It’s scary, isn’t it,” she says, her eyes remaining unmoving. “So why don’t you just give it up, master. There’s no reason for you to go out and save these people. It’s not your job. It’s not your duty. It’s not your responsibility. There’s no incentive for you to go out and risk your own life for these people you don’t know, right? It’s only natural that a person would seek to save his own life over other peoples’, right? In fact, isn’t it abnormal for a person to lay down his life for a stranger? So, why don’t you just quit while you’re still alive, master?”

“What are you talking about--”

“It’s fine if you don’t answer that right now,” she says, her smile widening ever so slightly, although all it does is make her lips look more strained. “But you know, all you have to really do is stay put, right? Those monsters aren’t after you, so wouldn’t it be fine to just sit it out and wait for it to end?”

“I can’t do that,” I say, scowling.

“And why not?”

“If I just do nothing I won’t get any closer to finding the truth.”

“And what’s wrong with that,” she says expressionlessly. “It might not be something you want to know. And even if you did learn what was going on, can you guarantee that you’ll be able to do anything about it? Rather than thoughtlessly plowing into danger, wouldn’t it be smarter to keep yourself safe?”

“I’m not safe even if I stay put,” I say, feeling irritated now. “They’re targeting me too. What if they send another of those demons after me?”

“I’m here to protect you,” she says, smiling again. “And the others are here as well.”

“Do you think I could ask them to just protect me--”

“Of course you could,” she cuts me off, “After all, they’re not going with you to rescue these people out of altruism. It’s because they feel they owe you. Even Miss Yuuka feels that way, or have you not noticed? She’s never directly refused you, has she? Despite all the things she says, you still have all the authority in this house, master.”

Eh...

“But if I don’t do anything, they’ll die.”

She tilts her head to the side, her expression static. “So what?”

“...!”

“Just think about it, master,” she says, narrowing her eyes, her voice toxic with ominous tension, “Are the lives of strangers really more important to you than your own? You just need to stay home, master. You’re safe here. They can’t get you here. I won’t let them.”

Is that... is that true?

She suddenly claps her hands together, her eyes wide and bubbly again, an aura of cheery mischief returning to her form. “Oh, and dinner’s ready, master. It’s on the table, so eat it before it goes cold again~”

...and with a blink, she’s gone again.

---

After finishing what was on the table, I stand up from my chair, looking around the living room. No one’s lounging around on the couch, so everyone must be in their rooms or somewhere else. It’s a bit eerie, this silence. I was used to it when I was alone, but now that I’ve been living with these girls for over a week, it feels a bit... lonely to be alone by myself. Shaking off the feeling, I push the chair in. Left alone in the silence, I screw up my face in frustration, Kana’s words still bouncing around in my skull.

Sighing, I shake my head and walk back to the hallway leading to the bedrooms. I glance at each closed door, before allowing my feet to lead me to Yuuka’s. I raise my hand, clenched into a loose fist, and hesitate for a moment before rapping on the door with my knuckles. After a moment, the door handle turns, and Yuuka pulls it a jar, standing out in the doorway while dressed in her pajamas.

She expresses no surprise in seeing me up and about, and looks to me with a casual and unconcerned expression. “What is it?” she asks.

From the tone of her voice, I can tell she’s not experiencing remorse for her actions or anything like that at all. She’s acting like nothing significant happened, like the other night was just a typical event. Well, that’s about what I expected from her, so...

[ ] Just what was she fighting with Muse about?
[ ] Tell her about the new victim.
>> No. 35060
[x] Tell her about the new victim.
>> No. 35061
I can't decide on a vote, yet.

I don't know if we should get right down to brass tacks or ask her about what the hell was going on. With some of the more recent comments in mind about Yuuka giving a fuck, I'm leaning towards the latter, maybe. But I really don't know.

>>35057
>no kiss
I'm sad, a little bit, but I'm not too broken up about it.

>[extreme burns], in a state beyond recognition. The body will be identified by dental records.
>The authorities will be unable to rule the case as a [homicide] or a [suicide]. Public dissent will grow.
That's... A little ominous-sounding. Very a little.

>[Asama Isami]
Wow. Really getting into the more obscure games, aren't we, Lion? That poor drunken lady doesn't deserve this. ...Then again, neither did Renko or Kurosawa. Or us.

...On that note:
1) At least our intrepid hero seems to have finally clued in that all the victims have had superpowers of some sort.

2) I think we're going to have to rescue some of these people again, which is going to be just fun. After all, we received two emails about threats on our own life, and Sylphid mentioned that just saving Renko once wasn't enough to guarantee her safety (from the badnasties, presumably) forever. Granted, he said this in the middle of a none-too-subtle attempt to convince the protagonist to hand her over, but still.

>Creepy Kana dissuasion
...Can't tell if devil's advocate or not. I'm growing more and more worried about her chances of making it to the end of this story alive intact and still on our side.
>> No. 35062
>>35061
Also I think the MC ignored Senpai's voice mail sent, which might have some information. But what we're choosing is either information on a past event or get the ball rolling on the current one.
>> No. 35063
>"You just need to stay home, master. You’re safe here. They can’t get you here. I won’t let them.”
Kana really, REALLY seems to care about MC, doesn't she?
[X] Tell her about the new victim.
then,
[X] Just what was she fighting with Muse about?
>> No. 35066
[x] Just what was she fighting with Muse about?

I wish for more insight into Yuuka. Never mind the particulars of the discussion, or futilely trying to change her attitude, I just want to know why it was bothering her so much.
>> No. 35068
[x] Just what was she fighting with Muse about?
>> No. 35070
[x] Just what was she fighting with Muse about?
>> No. 35071
[x] Tell her of the new victim
-[x] Check the voicemail

Kana confirmed for plot-twist.
>> No. 35073
File 130883602527.png - (259.85KB , 640x480 , eecabb9b48c1288f29822fad5784c7a1.png ) [iqdb]
35073
>it feels a bit... lonely to be alone by myself.

You don't say?
>> No. 35082
[x] Just what was she fighting with Muse about?
>> No. 35083
[x] Tell her of the new victim
>> No. 35084
[x] Just what was she fighting with Muse about?

It's not like Yuuka will really care about the next victim until we have more information.
>> No. 35103
[x] Apologize for lashing out at her earlier.
[x] Just what was she fighting with Muse about?

We should bring up the victim when everybody is present, giving us time to let the attempt at changing our minds get its stage time and then outright kill it so it doesn't become a parasite.
>> No. 35111
[x] Apologize for lashing out at her earlier.
[x] Just what was she fighting with Muse about?

Sure that works.
>> No. 35115
File 130895346172.jpg - (86.49KB , 640x782 , Teaching Manners.jpg ) [iqdb]
35115
[x] Just what was she fighting with Muse about?
Don't apologize. There's a quote that goes "When men do not care about politeness, what sets them apart form animals?" (and don't go nitpicking about youkai and humans now). What she did was incredibly impolite, no matter what she was fighting about. If it was serious enough to warrant lashing out at Muse like that then she would have already started fighting for real. She was probably just teasing for kicks, like with nearly everyone.
This is confrontational thinking and maybe the Ghandi approach could work (with a youkai, HAH) but she has to get her limits shown to her. This shit can't continue.
(Is it just me or do we almost have to educate her like a child?) Also, if she follows the trail of logic that she doesn't have to apologize for this kind of crap then, well, neither do we. Reap, sow, etc.
>> No. 35125
[x] Tell her of the new victim
[x] Just what was she fighting with Muse about?

If only the first one in passing, since we don't have much to say about it yet. The reason we tell Yuka about the victim first not just because we rely on her help implicitly, but because her own authority matters in securing/coercing help from the others (especially Elly).

I'm most interested about why she got into such a heated argument with Muse. We know they both have abrasive personalities, but I can't help but wonder if Yuka's arguing because she's just opposed in ideology or because she's already been down the same road as her.

>>35115
>Don't apologize. There's a quote that goes "When men do not care about politeness, what sets them apart form animals?" (and don't go nitpicking about youkai and humans now). What she did was incredibly impolite, no matter what she was fighting about. If it was serious enough to warrant lashing out at Muse like that then she would have already started fighting for real. She was probably just teasing for kicks, like with nearly everyone.

After MC told the both of them that he won't allow fighting, Muse physically attacked Yuka. Even then, Yuka did not respond violently, presumably in deference to him, even though she was obviously wanted to. The only thing she has to apologize to him for is telling him to shut up, and to that the flowers are sentiment enough. I agree that he doesn't have anything to apologize for himself, but I wouldn't expect an apology from her either.

The MC understood her disposition toward Muse, and the others, when he decided everyone would live in the same apartment. Thus far he's done fairly well at managing a host of Touhoes with very different personalities in a confined area, and that has required sacrificing pride. I wouldn't take Kana's overstatement of their gratitude to heart; she has a vested interest in alienating the MC from the rest of the household, and one of the ways to do that is by encouraging him to rock the boat.
>> No. 35278
[x] Just what was she fighting with Muse about?

Well, all right, then.

>>35073
FFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 35300
Hey, just letting you guys know. This story will be put on hold temporarily while I finish up my story on /youkai/. Sorry for the inconvenience, and have a great day!
>> No. 35302
>>35300
>This story will be put on hold temporarily while I finish up my story on /youkai/. Sorry for the inconvenience, and have a great day!

If this means you'll be kicking the update speed of Fragmentation of Memories into overdrive, then my body is ready.

I can't imagine there is anyone reading this story that isn't also reading FoM.
>> No. 35380
>>35302

I thought the same thing, but then >>/youkai/19762 happened.
>> No. 35431
File 131017542816.jpg - (179.97KB , 850x850 , 9095b7f0611691f0db85f78a3c84a6a7.jpg ) [iqdb]
35431
Sad, but i understand.