[Return]
Archived thread

File 129490240252.jpg - (369.06KB , 424x600 , 363001855cd6aeeb1aa148e4d8927161.jpg ) [iqdb]
30972 No. 30972
Today is the big day. A fairly young student working on a degree in the field of Science, you where approached several days ago by a rather... pretty woman with long purple hair and glasses wearing a lab coat just outside the on campus library. You and a couple friends Would usually hang around the large gothic-style building which could easily be mistaken for a cathedral. With a bow she introduced her-self.
"Good afternoon. I am Rikako Asakura of Sigma research and I would like to hire you as an assistant. In return you will receive full on-site living quarters and will be provided with all the necessities for a comfortable living. At the termination of this contract You may choose to receive a scholarship for 75'000$ or opt to work with us as a full time employee. You may also recommend anyone else you think may enjoy working for us." The offer is enough to make you double take... But it's too good to turn down so you take it. "Very good. We will come to pick you and any of your associates who are interested up in a week. Please do try to pack fairly light." A week has since come and gone and you have only a few belongings on hand.

Before we start... Tell us a bit about yourself.

[X]Name.
[X]Gender.
[X]What did you pack? (Remember. You packed light.)
[X]Additional info. (Optional)
[X]If you suggested anyone else to her tell us about them.

>> No. 30975
[x] Hana Clifford
[x] F
[x] What did you pack? (Remember. You packed light.)
-[x] Travelling luggage: usual clothes (honestly I have no idea), hygienic items, snacks
-[x] Backpack: D-SLR camera with a wide lens and a telephoto lens, laptop, blank notebooks, pencil case with writing utensils and a calculator, and portable battery/AC powered instrument amp.
-[x] Guitar case: Les Paul Studio, picks and a capo.
[x] Born in Okinawa from a Japanese mother and an American father. Dark brown hair and blue eyes.

For me, that's packing "light", but perhaps our definitions of light differ. Feel free to ignore the music related things if that makes writing easier for you.
>> No. 30976
>>30975
also...
Rikako in THP? It's more likely than you think.
>> No. 30977
I'm tempted to create another Bill Nye but he's already been done/

Unless someone else wants him to be reincarnated into this story.
>> No. 30978
Considering the title I am a bit more inclinded to name the MC Arthur C. Clarke. So curious where this plot might go.
>> No. 30981
[X] Isaac Clarke
[X] Male
[X] Fusion arc.
-[x] Clothes, weapons, usual stuff...
[X] Most interested in engines than in women.

Let's try this out.
>> No. 30983
[x] >>30975
>> No. 30984
[x] Hana Clifford
[x] F
[x] What did you pack? (Remember. You packed light.)
-[x] Travelling luggage: usual clothes (honestly I have no idea), hygienic items, snacks
-[x] Backpack: D-SLR camera with a wide lens and a telephoto lens, laptop, blank notebooks, pencil case with writing utensils and a calculator, and portable battery/AC powered instrument amp.
-[x] Guitar case: Les Paul Studio, picks and a capo.
[x] Born in Okinawa from a Japanese mother and an American father. Dark brown hair and blue eyes.
>> No. 30986
[x] Hana Clifford
[x] F
[x] What did you pack? (Remember. You packed light.)
-[x] Traveling luggage: usual clothes (honestly I have no idea), hygienic items, snacks
-[x] Backpack: D-SLR camera with a wide lens and a telephoto lens, laptop, blank notebooks, pencil case with writing utensils and a calculator, and portable battery/AC powered instrument amp.
-[x] Guitar case: Les Paul Studio, picks and a capo.
[x] Born in Okinawa from a Japanese mother and an American father. Dark brown hair and blue eyes.

Your Name is Hana Clifford. A female student born to a Japanese mother and American father.
Packing to what you believe is light you wait patiently at the curb near the library. You really didn't think any of your friends would be interested in joining. They are really too busy with other stuff Anyways. A light breeze rustles the leaves of the trees around you...

You always can't help but wonder why it feels like a youkai or something is spying on you when you are alone. Not that you believe in that sort of nonsense...right?

After waiting for a good half-hour and taking a moment to chat with a friend you hear a faint whirring noise and it seems to be getting closer.
A short time later what you can only assume is a DeLorean pulls up to the curb. It runs rather quiet and you would be fairly confident to say that the engine has been swapped for an electric motor. Rather curious modification. The distinct side door opens to reveal Rikako behind the wheel. It seems the interior has been modified as well. She smiles brightly and has a bit of a twinkle in her eyes. She also seems very hopeful about something. "Well Hana. Welcome aboard. Please do get in. There should be room in the back for your stuff. I should warn you...this is going to be a bit of a long trip." She regards you for a moment as you get into the car and put your things in the back. Taking extra care with the guitar case. She pushes a big green button and the engine revs up again. "So Ms.Clifford. I'm a bit curious. Do you perchance believe the the occult and the supernatural? I promise I won't think worse of you one way or another. Just curious."
She smiles again. It's a rather pleasant smile.
As she pulls out you mull over what to answer...

[X] Yes I believe in the occult.
[X] In a word no.
[X] Until there is sufficient evidence I can't say either way.
[X] Mystery option!
>> No. 30987
[X] Until there is sufficient evidence I can't say either way.
Everything is bullshit until proven otherwise
>> No. 30988
[X] Until there is sufficient evidence I can't say either way.
DeLorean... I see what u did.
>> No. 30989
[x] I've never seen any evidence suggesting the occult might be real... but I'll believe it when I see it. After testing for tricks, of course.
>> No. 30990
[X] In a word no. Do you have something to change my mind?
>> No. 30991
[X] Until there is sufficient evidence I can't say either way.
>> No. 30992
[ø] In a word no. Do you have something to change my mind?
>> No. 30994
[X] Mystery option!

It could be anything! It could even be [Insert the vote you want to win here]!
>> No. 30998
[X] In a word no.

This is terrible. I pray this "story" magically gets better.
>> No. 30999
[X] Yes, I believe...
>> No. 31000
Calling vote.

[X] Until there is sufficient evidence I can't say either way.

I'll have the next part ready later.
>> No. 31010
Update.

You mull over what she has asked. It's a rather simple question but you never really have considered it before. The car interior starts to get a little stuffy so you decide to look out the window. Well it seems she is driving well over 88 miles per hour and if she isn't careful you both are going to see some serious shit. Like a police ticket or a hospital bill. As you think she turns on the radio. Not that you are paying attention. A small but very bothersome headache is nagging at you, and you know it is going to grow worse. You have been having these over the past month but no doctor seems to think anything is really wrong with you. Eventually you decide to give her an agnostic view on the matter. She takes a moment to blink stare at you mildly interested and perhaps surprise.

"I must say...spoken like a true scientist. A bit indecisive but Perhaps it was a good idea to come see you. " She finally slows a bit much to your relief. What will you do to pass the time? There is still quite a ways to go.

[X] Break out the laptop and start playing one of your games.
-[X] Phantasmagoria of Dim.Dream
-[X] Mystic square (Remake)
-[X] Yume Nikki
-[X] Cave Story

[X] What is on the radio?
-[X] Classical music
-[X] Techno rave
-[X] Punk rock
-[X] Traditional Japanese music
>> No. 31014
>>31012
Can you precise what MC said? I don't want to count any time there's an update.


[X] Break out the laptop and start playing one of your games.
-[X] Mystic square (Remake)

[X] What is on the radio?
-[X] Classical music
>> No. 31015
[X] Break out the laptop and start playing one of your games.
-[X] Phantasmagoria of Dim.Dream

Something amiss about this choice here, but I can't quite put a finger on it.

[X] What is on the radio?
-[X] Fire Bomber

you can delete your post by selecting the checkbox at the top left corner of it and then hitting delete button on the bottom right corner of the page.
>> No. 31016
>>31015
Thanks for the help! Never was able to figure it out. Suprised I missed that.

>>31014
You want me to start giveing the MC actual dialogue? I suppose i'll try for that next update.
>> No. 31020
>>31016
Not really, I was just asking if you could begin each update with the winning vote.
>> No. 31021
>>31020
Oh. Silly me. Kinda forgot that last update. I'll be sure to make an effort to do it more often.
>> No. 31022
[X] Break out the laptop and start playing one of your games.
-[X] Phantasmagoria of Dim.Dream

[X] What is on the radio?
-[X] Fire Bomber
>> No. 31023
[X] Break out the laptop and start playing one of your games.
[x] Call of Cthulhu: The Dark Corners of the Earth.

[X] What is on the radio?
-[X] Classical music
>> No. 31025
[X] Break out the laptop and start playing one of your games.
-[X] Phantasmagoria of Dim.Dream

[X] What is on the radio?
-[X] Classical music
>> No. 31026
[X] Break out the laptop and start playing one of your games.
-[X] Yume Nikki

[X] What is on the radio?
-[X] Traditional Japanese music
>> No. 31027
[X] Break out the laptop and start playing one of your games.
-[X] Cave Story

A classic, and screw you guys who think otherwise.

[X] What is on the radio?
-[X] Mario Bros. Theme.

It's Japan, it may very well be on there. They're weird like that.
>> No. 31028
Well I'll be calling the vote and writeing shortly. I've also decided to gain a name and trip code. This one will be a test. If it is successful I will be useing it in the future.
>> No. 31029
[X] Break out the laptop and start playing one of your games.
-[X] Phantasmagoria of Dim.Dream

[X] What is on the radio?
-[X] Fire Bomber

BGM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mf-lGZ_UAs

You take a moment to break out your laptop to help pass the time. Thankfully there is enough room for you to use it on your lap. Looking over the various games and ROMs in your possession you decide on one you haven't touched in ages. You start up Phantasmagoria of Dim.Dream. Something catches your eye and you can't be sure your seeing it right. You double and triple take just to make sure you aren't going mad.
Rikako takes a peek over for a bit and seems both a bit surprised and amused. Your pretty sure why... Having not played this game in a while it's no surprise you where unable to recognize her as first glance. The character portrait is a spitting image.
Looking at her and then back at the game you try to rationalize such an occurrence but it's pretty difficult. She gives a sheepish grin like a child caught stealing from a cookie jar. Your throbbing head ache grows considerably worse. "I...suppose I have some explaining to do and I am sure you have allot of questions. Can it perhaps wait till we reach our destination?"


[X] No! It can not wait. Your sitting in the same vehicle with a woman a videogame series you play and this headache is starting to piss you off. You want to know what the hell is going on now!
-[X] What questions do you ask her?

[X] You still have a game to play. Your questions can wait a little. It's not like she is going anywhere.

[X] Go chocolate bloody bug nuts from the revelation combined with your already bad headache.
>> No. 31030
[X] You still have a game to play. Your questions can wait a little. It's not like she is going anywhere.
>> No. 31032
[x] SAN check failed! SAN Loss! Roll 1d100 for Mental Illness.

but later, because :

[X] You still have a game to play. Your questions can wait a little. It's not like she is going anywhere.
>> No. 31035
[X] You still have a game to play. Your questions can wait a little. It's not like she is going anywhere.
[x] SAN check failed! SAN Loss! Roll 1d100 for Mental Illness.
>> No. 31046
>>31032
doho

[X] No! It can not wait. Your sitting in the same vehicle with a woman a videogame series you play and this headache is starting to piss you off. You want to know what the hell is going on now!
-[X] "eh?!"
-[x] SAN check failed!
>> No. 31047
[X] You still have a game to play. Your questions can wait a little. It's not like she is going anywhere.
[x] SAN check failed! SAN Loss! Roll 1d100 for Mental Illness.
>> No. 31051
[X] You still have a game to play. Your questions can wait a little. It's not like she is going anywhere.
[x] SAN check failed! SAN Loss! Roll 1d100 for Mental Illness.
>> No. 31059
ITT: Touhou meets Call of Cthulhu. Let the SAN losses roll.
>> No. 31081
Sorry for the late update. Been a little busy with family and work.

[X] You still have a game to play. Your questions can wait a little. It's not like she is going anywhere.
[x] SAN check failed! SAN Loss! Roll 1d100 for Mental Illness.

Gained Madness: Schizophrenia. How will it manifest though?

Your headache starts to mercifully dissipate a bit. Your really not in the mood or mindset to press her right now. In fact you really want to get on with the game. You only need to beat it with Mima and you will have gotten it 1cc with all characters on the hardest difficulty. Taking a brief look out the window it seems your well out of the city. Nothing but open winding road. Rikako floors the accelerator. You really hope there isn't an police on look out. She seems to be quite a speed demon. Trees and road fly by at a rapid pace. Instead of worrying you take your mind off it with the game. Putting your full focus on the game. During you match with yumemi though something happens. A voice calls out your name and breaking focus you end up taking a hit. Pausing the game and scanning around see it can't have been Rikako. She is too busy driving. A bit unnerved you resume the game and after a very close match you accidently flub it. It's a bit disheartening but you'll be able to try again another time. It has been a while since you played. Rikako adjusts the radio dial a little after the last song has ended and a new song starts playing.

BGM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o2KSAWIftU

It's quite a piece. You enjoy it for a bit before she pulls up to what seems to have once been a military base. It is surrounded by barbwire fencing. The buildings are mostly barracks built for utility. Not looks. A security guard stationed at his post waits for Rikako to hand him her ID card. He looks at it a moment, nods, then opens the main gate before handing it back. For a brief moment you catch a glimpse of a woman not much older then you with snow white hair staring back at you from near a parked car. A group of what seem to be security guards pass in front of her for not more then a moment but by then she has vanished. Rikako gives you a hard look.
"If you have any questions now would be the best time to ask them. In a few moments we are going to be giving you some basic training."

[X] Ask away!
>> No. 31099
[X] Why were you in that video game?

Lets start with that.
>> No. 31100
Also, I checked up on that mental illness.

Schizophrenia (pronounced /ˌskɪtsɵˈfrɛniə/ or /ˌskɪtsɵˈfriːniə/) is a mental disorder characterized by a disintegration of thought processes and of emotional responsiveness. It most commonly manifests as auditory hallucinations, paranoid or bizarre delusions, or disorganized speech and thinking, and it is accompanied by significant social or occupational dysfunction. The onset of symptoms typically occurs in young adulthood, with a global lifetime prevalence of about 0.3–0.7%. Diagnosis is based on observed behavior and the patient's reported experiences.
>> No. 31103
[X] Why were you in that video game?
>> No. 31105
[X] Why were you in that video game?
>> No. 31109
[X] Why were you in that video game?

Her eyes become a bit distant. "What if I told you everything in those games was real? What if I told you ZUN's wonderland exists?" She pauses for a moment to let the words sink in. " I suppose it's time for a bit of a history lesson. First off most every game there has happened before. Perhaps not exactly but it's pretty accurate. Second there has been 3 Reimu Hakurei in the history of Gensokyo. A hero, a tyrant, and a slacker. The hero you only ever really see in Highly responsive to prayer. She was victorious against Sariel. A terrible angel of death who would have killed us all. Thankfully Sariel is still sealed away. Unfortunately not long after she was replaced."
Her expression darkens. "This Reimu was very different. A total monster. I don't need to really explain anything. Just look at Mystic Square. ZUN was always one to lighten the mood of the games and I suppose I should commend him for that. The reality was much darker. Since the end of the PC-98 series though things have been improving. I'm not sure I'll ever go back though. What use is a scientist in a world where all anyone ever needs is magic? I used to be 'the scientist that looks for dreams'. After having won that tournament I had thought I would be able to use my science and help those people in need." She places her head on the car wheel. Her face hidden by her hair. "But even in times like that they still could not accept me. They preferred to suffer under a tyrant with magic then be saved by a person with science. I finally realized my dreams...they where all lies. I finally left Gensokyo. Me and a few others. Wonder why we haven't come back in the games? That is why. Sometimes I still have dreams about Gensokyo. My old home. The friends I used to have..." She pauses for a moment. "I think you should hurry before you end up late." She lays there for a moment...You think you can hear her sobbing faintly. It's a bit hard to find words to say. All of what she told you...it's a bit hard to take it all in one go. Your bloody headache is makeing a resurgance as well.

[X] Leave her for now. Your not sure what to think about what you heard but she seems like she needs some time to her-self.
-[X] Go straight to finding someone to help you.
-[X] Find it your-self.

[X]Try to comfort her. She really doesn't seem ok. What words would help her though?
-[X] write in
>> No. 31113
This is the least of your problems, to be honest, but have you ever heard of paragraphs? I am told they are quite in season.

And by "quite in season" I mean "Jesus Christ, what the fuck, seriously".
>> No. 31114
File 129548363510.jpg - (430.23KB , 600x3300 , 128772092034.jpg ) [iqdb]
31114
Image related.
You also keep Randomly capitalising the first Letters of words in Your sentences. Your writing feels extremely mechanical and lacks description, coherency, and a non-retarded plot.

Are you ESL? If so, take some more english classes. If not, take some more english classes.

Also the dollar sign goes before the numbers. Jesus Christ.
>> No. 31115
[X]Try to comfort her. She really doesn't seem ok. What words would help her though?
>> No. 31121
>>31114
>you use him a sentence.
>> No. 31124
[X]Try to comfort her. She really doesn't seem ok. What words would help her though?
>> No. 31150
>>31113
>>31114

I appreciate constructive criticism and I will thank you for point out some flaws but could you perhaps be a bit less scathing? Also if you don't like the plot why bother reading? It's a waste of both our time. In any case writing shortly.
>> No. 31156
>>31150
folks here believe in tough love, if you heed their advice, their tone will turn kinder. If not, well you will have problems.

[X]Try to comfort her. She really doesn't seem ok. What words would help her though?
-[x] I'm sorry to hear about that.
-[x] Well here Science rules supreme, same with working bathrooms.
-[x] Once we make some progress, I'm sure we can find a way to check back on your friends without attracting her attention.