[Return]
Archived thread

File 125910779466.png - (193.39KB , 748x588 , Two thirds tank one part squish.png ) [iqdb]
22989 No. 22989
Dear god I have no idea what I'm doing.

Anyways, on a complete whim, I've decided that I'm going to write a CYOA. I'll probably screw something up eventually along the line and leave in shame, but no worries. This is more for fun anyways, I hope. I've written (lol) fanfiction, but never a CYOA. Lurked here from day one though, so I've probably picked up good tips.

As you can maybe guess from the pic attached, I'm going to be doing some sort of unholy Ragnarok Online/Touhou mashup, where I took RO's world and replaced and changed things with Touhou.
_____________________________________________

First, pre-gameCYOA votes:

What gender would you like to be?
[] I prefer the masculine
[] I prefer the feminine

What will the world call you by?
>___________

Do you want to begin as a:
[] Novice
[] First Job
[] Second Job

>> No. 22990
[x] I prefer the feminine.
[x] Revya.
[x] Novice.

Tee hee.
>> No. 22991
[ø] I prefer the feminine
This. Is. Gensokyo!
[ø] First Job
I've never played RO, so I'm not sure what to choose with the second option.
>> No. 22992
>>22991
oh, also
[ø]Freya/Freyja
>> No. 22993
[x] I prefer the feminine.
[x] Novice.


Not very good with names, so I'll let other anons figure that out among themselves.
>> No. 22994
[x] I prefer the feminine.
[x] Novice.


Any name works for me.
>> No. 22995
[X] I prefer the feminine.
[X] Freya.
[X] Novice.
>> No. 22996
God damn it, why do you do this? I was trying to break my RO addiction, and now I'm eying the client download in temptation.

Anyway,

[x] I prefer the feminine.
[x] Novice.

Also not good with names, letting either the author or fellow anons decide.
>> No. 22997
[X] I prefer the feminine.
[X] Freya.
[X] First job (Swordman)

Meh, I really thought that this was gonna be a 'The world ends with you' themed CYOA. I loathed the game, but the story was good and the art was something else.

Oh well, a RO is fine too.
>> No. 22999
[X] I prefer the feminine.
[X] Athena
[X] First Job - Swordsman

Haven't played RO for quite a while now, let's see if I still remembers some useful stuff.
>> No. 23000
>Dear god I have no idea what I'm doing.

This is a great start, i approve of this.

[x] I prefer the feminine
[X] Freya.
[X] First Job - Swordsman

It's been ages since i last played RO, always played Crusader or Priestess. Sticking with what i know.
>> No. 23001
[X] I prefer the feminine.
[X] Athena
[X] Novice
>> No. 23002
[X] I prefer the feminine.
[X] Athena
[X] Novice

And we can get into Swordsman later.
>> No. 23003
[x] I prefer the masculine
[x] Ares
[x] Novice
>> No. 23005
[X] I prefer the feminine.
[X] Athena
[X] Novice

Might as well treat this like always by starting off fresh and sit stand on the bottom of the food chain.
>> No. 23007
[x] I prefer the feminine.
[x] Athena
[x] Novice
>> No. 23013
[x] I prefer the feminine.
[x] Athena
[x] Novice

We'll, I know I'M going to be voting Super Novice when class changing comes around, even if I'll be the only one voting for it.
>> No. 23014
[x] I prefer the feminine.
[x] Novice.

Those two definately win, and now Freya and Athena are tied.

I need a tiebreaker!
>> No. 23016
[X] Freya.

If we're going to pick a god's name, it ought to be from the right pantheon.
>> No. 23017
>>23016
Freya it is!

Writan. If I don't come back, call a search party.
>> No. 23019
>>23016
wait, what?

>>23017
Awesome. Will this be faster paced, shorter updates or longer and slower updates?

Either way, I always enjoy reading new stories!
>> No. 23020
File 125920775536.jpg - (53.24KB , 726x769 , norvic.jpg ) [iqdb]
23020
>>23019
I've written before, but I'm unsure of my preferred writing length.

Also picture related. You're a Novice!
____________________________________
You wake up to a bright, shining new day!

You get dressed and throw open your windows with vigor, basking in the sunlight. Or rather, you bask in what sunlight you can get when facing another window. City people. At least the breeze was nice and chilly, just the way you liked it. Nearby, your roommate stirs and mumbles something distinctly unladylike about your predilection for mornings. You shoot back a snappy remark and leave her to her laziness.

Right. Your name was Freya, and you travelled here to Prontera from Payon, your only reason being that you wanted to travel the world. The House of Eternity was the most interesting you've seen in Payon, but it wasn't enough for you. There was the forest, but that was filled with monsters and that odd lady. Scraping together money, you paid a kind priest to portal you here, since you definately didn't want to make the long trek. That and this city was the city for would-be adventurers to get their education and permit.

Today's an off day, and here you are, outside the boarding house. You're in a massive city and you have absolutely no idea what to do.

[] You heard there was a large open air market? Could go check it out.
[] The Hakrei Church is in Prontera! Checking it out would be awesome.
[] You could check out the Swordsman Guild thing place. Maybe that'd interest you.
[] Just walk around where ever.
[] Write-in.
>> No. 23021
>>23020
[ø] The Hakrei Church is in Prontera! Checking it out would be awesome.
Let's go see the Hakrei priestess.
Is it spelled that way on purpose?
>> No. 23023
[x] You could check out the Swordsman Guild thing place. Maybe that'd interest you.

I'm hoping to encounter Youmu or Momizi.
>> No. 23024
>>23021
hurrrrr. My bad, it was a typo. Supposed to be Hakurei, as usual.
>> No. 23025
[x] The Hakurei Church is in Prontera! Checking it out would be awesome.
>> No. 23026
[x] The Hakurei Church is in Prontera! Checking it out would be awesome.
>> No. 23027
[x] Just walk around where ever.

Gonna try pushing for Gunslinger later on.
>> No. 23029
File 125921944760.jpg - (98.19KB , 650x850 , ragnarokonlineart016.jpg ) [iqdb]
23029
[x] You could check out the Swordsman Guild thing place. Maybe that'd interest you. '
Aiming for a female Knight.
>> No. 23030
[X] You could check out the Swordsman Guild thing place. Maybe that'd interest you.

A knight is what we'll be.
>> No. 23032
[x] The Hakurei Church is in Prontera! Checking it out would be awesome.
>> No. 23033
[X] You could check out the Swordsman Guild thing place. Maybe that'd interest you.
>> No. 23035
[x] The Hakurei Church is in Prontera! Checking it out would be awesome.
>> No. 23036
[x] The Hakurei Church is in Prontera! Checking it out would be awesome.

wins. Writing now, hopefully I'll be able to crank out an update faster than the first storypost.

P.S: I've been fiddling with the idea of getting a trip to make myself known, at least in this thread. Opinions?
>> No. 23037
>>23036
sure, why not?
>> No. 23038
File 125923317550.jpg - (513.08KB , 724x944 , leimoo.jpg ) [iqdb]
23038
This came out faster than I'dve thought.

____________________________________
With a purposeful and energetic stride, you walk on over to the Pronteran Church, brimming with youthful energy and curiosity!

Except you quickly realize that for all the things your teacher crammed into your head, you haven't the foggiest where you'd find the church in this massive city. You couldn't blame Miss... Kami... something something... or another. She was a good teacher, if not a bit dry. You just had no damn clue where anything was.

Which brings you to Prontera's southern gate, bugging a napping guard. "Hey, you!" Not the best of beginnings, but the shout got his attention. "Sorry, but do you have a map of Prontera I can have? And could you point out the church?" He does so and better, taking out a map and quickly marking important places. You exchange pleasentries while he prepares the map, finding out his name was Garland.

You leave, to the other side of the fricking city to the church. Along the way, you pick up two apples, a ripe red one, and an unripe green one that the merchant practically gave to you. Odd. The rest of the trip is uneventful, aside from a few people bumping into you.

The church is incredibly large, far larger than the House of Eternity! You spend some time admiring the outside of the church. Pristine walls, stained glass windows, spires, and what you guessed to be multiple floors. You eventually enter the church to find it bustling with all sorts of people. Armored, unarmored, robed, plaincloth, and many, many others walk through the building, chatting, or going about their business. As you explore the insides, you catch snippets of conversation, mostly things you didn't find interesting, except for a heated conversation.

"Screw this, gramps! I haven't had decent anythings in forever, and I'm taking a break, I'll be picking sand offa me for the next week!" A girl's voice. You think she's a few years above your sixteen (or was it fifteen?). She sounds exasperated and tired.

"You will do no such thing, young woman! Think of your obligations!" An older voice, you don't quite think it's as old as the girl said, definately not grandpa-like. He sounds kinda angry.

"Your obligations can kiss my sand-encrusted ass!" A cry of surprise and anger from the old man, and someone knocks into you at full speed, all you can make out is brown hair and red clothes. You spin once in place from the force of the blow. Man, she hits hard.

[] Ask the old dude about what's up with the girl.
[] Follow that girl!
[] Ignore them both, shit happens. Look around the church some more.
[] Leave church, go somewhere else. (Specify)
[] Write-in.
>> No. 23039
>>23038
[ø] Follow that girl!
-[ø]"Oww, what's your problem knocking into me like that?"
>> No. 23040
[ø] Follow that girl!
-[ø]"Oww, what's your problem knocking into me like that?"
GIMME LESSONS OR DIE
>> No. 23043
[x] Follow that girl!
-[x]"Oww, what's your problem knocking into me like that?"

I think it's obvious who she is, and I wonder what her beef is.
>> No. 23044
File 125924897122.jpg - (58.25KB , 399x420 , Pikapow.jpg ) [iqdb]
23044
[x] Follow that girl!
-[x]"Oww, what's your problem knocking into me like that?"
いたい。
>> No. 23045
[x] Follow that girl!
-[x]"Oww, what's your problem knocking into me like that?"
>> No. 23046
[x] Follow that girl!
-[x]"Oww, what's your problem knocking into me like that?"
>> No. 23047
>>23044
Moooeeeeeeeeeeeee
>> No. 23048
[x] Follow that girl!
-[x]"Oww, what's your problem knocking into me like that?"

wins. Writing now. Fuck it's cold here.
>> No. 23050
File 125926036516.jpg - (878.84KB , 800x1105 , reimu under a tree.jpg ) [iqdb]
23050
FFFFFFFFFFFFFF--

It hasn't stopped being cold!

____________________________________
You take a moment to reorient yourself. Seriously, it was like she hit you with an especially large rock. You bolt after her quicklike, the other girl seemingly not noticing you. Out the door, around the corner, over a fence, around another corner, and smack into a graveyard. It's not that big of a deal, the entire plot is sparsely populated by headstones and such. The girl herself sits under a tree, legs crossed.

"Yeah?" She asks, not looking at you. "The old geezer sent you?"

"Uh, nope. Hey, what's your deal anyways? Can't you watch where you're going instead of knocking into people? If you didn't know, you hit like an angry grizzly bear." Uh-oh. "Not that I've ever been hit by one." You quickly add. Smooth, Freya. Smooth.

There's an akward silence when the girl stares at you. You swear hours pass before she finally blinks... and begins laughing her ass off. Now, instead of the akward silence being mutual, it's just you, as you watch that girl laugh endlessly. It takes a while for her to calm down enough to speak. She turns towards you and points to the ground in front of her. You just stare. She frowns and oh dear gods she is scary when she does that.

You quickly sit in front of her. She's the first one to speak up. "Hi, I'm Reimu. Also, sorry for back there, I just came back from visiting a friend in Morroc, and I had business to do, also. It's crazy sandy over in Morroc. You wouldn't even believe." She gives you a smile and extends a hand. You take it and give her a firm handshake. She's got a nice grip.

"My name's Freya, and are you really that Hakurei?" You ask her. Reimu just nods in return, looking a bit darkly. Ooohhh, sore topic. "What's with the glum look?" You ask. "Maybe later." Is her only reply.

Moving to a different subject, you talk a bit about yourself, about how you came to Prontera from Payon, your ambition to see the world, and how fascinating you think Prontera is in comparison with the somewhat sleepy town of Payon. In contrast with her earlier dark look, she chats amiably with you, as you soon turn to peppering her with questions about this city, what she did in Morroc, and more aobut herself, too. You also find out that if you wanted to be an acolyte, you could come talk to her, though you'd actually want to talk to her grandfather. Either would work well. You also find out that acolytes are basically priests and clergy of the Hakurei religion. She also cracks a joke about Hydras, but you both have no clue what a Hydra is, nor do you really understand the joke.

She eventually stands up and brushes stray grass blades from her clothing. "You're not a bad kid, Freya." She remarks. "You should come by later when you've got more things to talk about. I might've told the old timer to piss off, but I actually do need to fufill some duties." She offers a hand to pull you up and you accept, and she leaves with a "See ya."

You're left alone in a graveyard, but you've made a friend!

[] You heard there was a large open air market? Could go check it out.
[] You could check out the Swordsman Guild thing place. Maybe that'd interest you.
[] Just walk around where ever.
[] Back to the boarding house, you think it's time for lunch, you're not too sure.
[] Write-in.
>> No. 23051
[x] You could check out the Swordsman Guild thing place. Maybe that'd interest you.

One more trip wouldn't hurt before lunch.
>> No. 23052
[x] You could check out the Swordsman Guild thing place. Maybe that'd interest you.

Still hoping we can come across(and befriend) Youmu or Momizi while we're there.
>> No. 23053
[x] You could check out the Swordsman Guild thing place. Maybe that'd interest you.
>> No. 23055
[ø] You could check out the Swordsman Guild thing place. Maybe that'd interest you.

Hey OP, not bad for something on a complete whim~
>> No. 23056
[X] You could check out the Swordsman Guild thing place. Maybe that'd interest you.
>> No. 23057
[x] You could check out the Swordsman Guild thing place. Maybe that'd interest you.

wins. Please wait warmly while I write something up.
>> No. 23059
[X] You could check out the Swordsman Guild thing place. Maybe that'd interest you.

Hoping for some Youmoe~
>> No. 23061
File 125930540548.jpg - (84.04KB , 500x500 , youmu's about to see panty.jpg ) [iqdb]
23061
>>23059
For you, Youmu will die a horrendous death.

I do not feel good about this post at all.
____________________________________

You check your map.

Nope. The guild was on the other side of the city, thankfully still along the north instead of the southwest. You pack your map away and begin the trek. It's mostly uneventful. No bumps, no merchants hawking their wares. Just you and the bunch of other people hurrying around with their business, most of which look like they could snap you in half, the other half looking like they didn't need the muscles to do you in.

You shiver a bit and continue on your way, soon reaching the building marked on your map. It too is large, though nowhere near as staggering as the church. A door, and a bunch of windows, but you can't see inside; you either spot more wall or the blinds are angled in a way that makes looking in impossible, but allows sunlight. Attached to the wall next to the door is what seems like an advertisement, but on closer inspection is an announcement:

TODAY, Guest Teachers YOUMU KONPAKU and MOMIZI INUBASHIRI have visited and will remain here for several days! A hastily written line below reads: Or whenever they decide to leave.

You had no clue who they were at all, but you decide to go in and check for yourself. Entering the door, you find what looks like a waiting room and an extremely bored looking receptionist. Without even looking up, he directs you to a sign pointing you to where the teachers are apparently supposed to be. Following the signs is easy enough, despite the lack of sunlight, the halls were hit with magical lamps. If the building looked tiny compared to the church, it was by all means, but it certainly could stretch on forever in the most baffling way you can think of.

You eventually reach the end of the signs and wince at the sudden brightness of natural light. In the middle of a cheering crowd, a girl in green was attacking another girl with detached sleeves. Green held a sword in two hands, while Sleeves had a sword and shield. You quite personally found the fight hard to keep track of, as both were doing their fair share of swording, dodging, and blocking.

You tap one of the onlookers on the shoulder and ask him what's going on. He explains to you that Green was Youmu and Sleeves was Momizi. They had different specialties, and didn't go to town that often, didn't help that they lived really far away. Hell, getting both here at once was a miracle, so for kicks, the two were putting on a demonstration fight.

...

The duel ended in a draw, both leaving through different doors, while everyone else watching milled around and talked to each other, only a few breaking off to talk to one of the two swordswomen. Apparently most of the people that stayed placed bets on who'd win or lose.

Now's your chance! You didn't place any bets, after all.

[] Run after Green.
[] Go and talk to Sleeves.
[] Leave.
[] Burn down the guild in a fit of insanity.Write-in.
>> No. 23062
[] Go and talk to Sleeves.
>> No. 23063
[X] Run after Green.

Do it!
>> No. 23064
[x] Go and talk to Sleeves.
>> No. 23065
[ø] Run after Green.
a Touhou's powerlevel is directly proportional to the amount of speech she has
>> No. 23066
[X] Flip a coin. Heads, green. Tails, sleeves.
>> No. 23067
[X] Flip a coin. Heads, green. Tails, sleeves.

Gunslinger route is a go.
>> No. 23068
[0] Go and talk to Sleeves.
>> No. 23069
[x] Go and talk to Sleeves.
>> No. 23070
[X] Flip a coin. Heads, green. Tails, sleeves.
>> No. 23071
[X] Run after Green.

Levelling the playing field.
>> No. 23072
[x] Run after Green.
>> No. 23073
[x] Go and talk to Sleeves.
>> No. 23074
[x] Run after Green.
>> No. 23075
[x] Go and talk to Sleeves.
>> No. 23076
[x] Go and talk to Sleeves.
>> No. 23077
[x] Run after Green.
>> No. 23078
[x] Go and talk to Sleeves.

Balance is good, though I wonder if this might be more of a crusaderish choice than a knight.
>> No. 23081
[x] Go and talk to Sleeves.
sword and shield sounds a lot better than the alternative..
>> No. 23083
You know, considering their fighting styles, I would have assumed Youmu would be more of an Assassin class, what with the whole dual wielding thing. Plus she does have a good deal of speed, not something the swordsman line of classes are well known for.
>> No. 23084
Green: Two Handed Sword - Knight?
Sleeves: Sword and Shield - Crusader?
>> No. 23085
>>23083

Doubt it, Sakuya perhaps, but not Youmu, she'd seem more of a Samurai type (a build that emphasizes attack and speed)

In RO, you can allocate stat points upon level up, so you can make a fast swordsman if you wanted to.
>> No. 23086
File 125936095714.jpg - (380.60KB , 800x720 , touhou in a hurry.jpg ) [iqdb]
23086
>>23078
I intended for Momizi to be more of a Swordsman (as in first job) choice. But don't worry, I'll give you people ample time to meet every job change NPCtouhou.
>>23083
>I would have assumed Youmu would be more of an Assassin class, what with the whole dual wielding thing.
She dual wields in PCB, but I figured she'd do the traditional samurai deal and two hand the bigger sword to chop people up.
>Plus she does have a good deal of speed, not something the swordsman line of classes are well known for.
2H Agi Knights and Lord Knights can be very fast ASPD wise. Movespeed you can just pick up a peco.

Short update is short and my god did it take forever to find a picture.
____________________________________

Split-second decisions were fun. With certainty, you follow Sleeves first, catching up in no time, though you had to wait for a few people to leave first. It doesn't take long, and here you are, face to face with Sleeves.

She gives you an inquisitive look, and on closer inspection you can see that she has wolf ears. Or were they dog ears? Either way, you don't find them that surprising, the House of Eternity had the occasional rabbit-person. "Heya," you start off. "I'm Freya, and I saw your fight outside, it was really cool, do you mind if I ask you some questions, Sleeves? Er, Momiji. No, zi. Zi. Momizi. Sorry!"

"I'd be happy to." She says, smiling a bit at your antics, gesturing for the both of you to take a seat. "I'm used to people mixing up 'zi' and 'ji', but where did you get 'Sleeves'?" You tell her it was because of her well, detached sleeves.

[] You have the floor, as far as questions go. Go wild.
>> No. 23088
[x] What's the best balance of defense and offense when using both a sword and a shield?
[x] Is there any way to use armor more effectively than obvious?
[x] Any changes to swordsmanship when riding a peco?
>> No. 23089
[x] What's the best balance of defense and offense when using both a sword and a shield?
[x] Is there any way to use armor more effectively than obvious?
[x] Any changes to swordsmanship when riding a peco?
[x] What would you say that makes using a sword better than using a lance?
>> No. 23090
[X] What's the best balance of defense and offense when using both a sword and a shield?
[X] Is there any way to use armor more effectively than obvious?
[X] Any changes to swordsmanship when riding a peco?
[X] What would you say that makes using a sword better than using a lance?
>> No. 23126
Alright, writefag here. I admit I have been slacking off something crazy, half because I've been waiting for the good old first to five I've been doing and half because I was kind of unsure about having options be completely write-in only.

ANYWAYS, It's obvious that

[x] What's the best balance of defense and offense when using both a sword and a shield?
[x] Is there any way to use armor more effectively than obvious?
[x] Any changes to swordsmanship when riding a peco?
[x] What would you say that makes using a sword better than using a lance?

wins, so unless there's a new influx of voting I'm gonna go ahead and write this. A warning beforehand, while I do know things about real fightinf styles, I'm no master of knowing how combat works, so if this seems contrived or stupid, that's because it would be.
>> No. 23176
File 125973728887.jpg - (148.61KB , 500x620 , chibi momizi.jpg ) [iqdb]
23176
Writefag puts off updating CYOA: Interrupted by RO. And Ginormo Sword. And more RO.

Also once again I do not like this update at all. Felt weird to write in an unpleasent way. Kinda like I'm not doing a good job.
____________________________________

"Well... What's the best way to use a sword and shield offensively and defensively?" You ask, pointing several things she did during her duel with Youmu.

"Hmm... Well, the shield is pretty much there for its defensive purposes. You CAN bash with the shield, but most of the time it's better to defend with the shield, then attack with the sword when you find an opening." But if you're looking to be a swordsman, then you'll be a bit of a ways off before using a shield, since you'll want to learn how to walk before you run."

"I see..." You say. "What's that last phrase mean, the one about walking before running? In this context, I mean."

"You have to learn how to use a sword before you can use a sword and a shield at the same time."

"Hmm... I see a lot of swordsmen using armor, why didn't you use armor during that fight, and besides that, how do you use armor other than having nothing be able to hit you?"

Momizi thinks for a bit before responding. "Common misconception, armor only absorbs hits, not avoids them completely. A mace, for instance, might not be able to pierce armor, but it'll hurt anyone inside the armor like it wasn't there. As for using armor for more than it's intended, you'll have to make good use of positioning. It's hard to describe, mainly since it's so second nature to me..." She trails off thoughtfully. "Anything else, though?"

"What about fighting on a Peco? Does that change anything? And what makes say... swords better than spears?"

"Nothing changes much whe you're mounted, I think. I don't like riding one, mainly because it's really annoying and they tended to die on me, so I never really cared." She makes a displased face. "Anyways, I prefer swords for the versatility, spears have a longer range and are well, cheaper to mass-produce. They also don't need as much space to fight with, and it's easy to train people to use spears."

"Hmm... well I think that's it. Do you have any more questions, Freya? It's rather nice answering these questions."

[] Yep, you're done here.
[] Well... I do actually.
---[] Specify.
>> No. 23177
[] Well... I do actually. Do you and Youmu mind a third joining you tonight?

[x] Yep, we're done here.
>> No. 23178
[x] Well... I do actually. Do you and Youmu mind a third joining you tonight?

[x] Yep, we're done here.

I hope you play on a private server and not the official one.
>> No. 23179
>>23176
[ø] "Hey, thanks for answering my questions! I'm trying to decide which job to take up right now, and this helps me greatly."
[ø] Inquire Momizi why she became a swordman (crusader?)
>> No. 23184
[x] "Hey, thanks for answering my questions! I'm trying to decide which job to take up right now, and this helps me greatly."
[x] Inquire Momizi why she became a swordman (crusader?)
[x] Do you and Youmu mind a third joining you tonight? Since I'd figure that talking with her as well as you would help educate me more on Swordsman-based classes.
>> No. 23195
[x] "Hey, thanks for answering my questions! I'm trying to decide which job to take up right now, and this helps me greatly."
[x] Inquire Momizi why she became a swordman (crusader?)
[x] Do you and Youmu mind a third joining you tonight? Since I'd figure that talking with her as well as you would help educate me more on Swordsman-based classes.

Combining the two votes? Works for me.
>> No. 23201
File 125981893480.jpg - (524.26KB , 1680x1050 , they're totally lezzing out.jpg ) [iqdb]
23201
SURPRISE POST!
____________________________________

>[x] Well... I do actually. Do you and Youmu mind a third joining you tonight?

"Hmm... Well, Momizi? Do you mind if I join you and Youmu tonight?" A mischevious grin.

Momizi looks at you like you just stabbed her mother in front of her.

Apprehension and fear cross your face. You liked using this joke, but nobody's reacted like this before.

...

Momizi's face changes and she takes a quick look around. A confirmation, and she squeals in a very distinctly unswordsman-like fashion. She jumps up and gives you a hug that you swear broke something. "You're so adorable! I just love girls like you! Tonight'll be fun~!"

She continues hugging, squeezing, and going on about why you're just the most adorable thing ever. She eventually stops and you confirm that nothing is indeed broken. Yep, everything's in place. Momizi quickly writes an address for you, and both of you depart for the day.

What the hell did you just get into?

[] Seriously, what? You're really lost.
>> No. 23202
I uh... wow, who knew, eh?
Half of me fears what we just got Freya into as well, and the other half is telling me that it is something awesome.

[x] Seriously, what? You're really lost.
>> No. 23203
[ø] Seriously, what? You're really lost.

Haha this Momizi is certainly interesting.

>>23202
it's the latter....!!
>> No. 23205
[x] Seriously, what? You're really lost.
>> No. 23207
[x] I understand everything COMPLETELY.
>> No. 23210
[x] Seriously, what? You're really lost.

Sounds like she's in for an interesting adventure.
>> No. 23216
[X]Wait, what?
>> No. 23232
File 125997338992.jpg - (97.61KB , 543x800 , school swimsuits suck.jpg ) [iqdb]
23232
I had too much fun writing this.
____________________________________

>[x] Seriously, what? You're really lost.

And now you're here. This hotel is actually a fancy one. Upon reaching the receptionist and telling him your name, he just gives you a wink, a smile, and sends you right up to where you were supposed to go. Third floor, fourth room on the left. Wait, why were you going anyways? The entire scene with Momizi made you so uncomfortable you just went home and laid in bed all day, staring at the ceiling. You knock on the door and are admitted in by a smiling Momizi.

Oh right, a smiling and barely clothed Momizi. Did you mention barely? Because all she was wearing was a set of white bra and panties that went along with her suspiciously fair skin. Her... ahem... crotch looked suspicious too, but you were in no state of mind to celebrate. Oh god you just wanted to leave and give up forever. Really, now. You get out of your current thoughts and are thrown into another set of thoughts.

It's Green. Or rather, Youmu was her name. You think. It's too difficult to think right now, you're sure your face was red enough to anger bulls. Green was more clothed than Momizi, but barely. While Sleeves was dressed in a bra and panties, Green was... was... wow. Bra that covered very little, panties that covered very little, and a set of stockings and garters. All black, contrasting with her fair skin, and she wore a look that you could only describe as predatory, compared to Sleeves' intense enthusiasm. Also, Green seems to have both girl parts and a very prominent... penis. Dick. Schlong. Man meat. Sasuage. Hode. Sword. Oh god oh god oh god what did you just get into.

"Freya?" Scattered around one of the two beds were various assorted objects you'd rather wi"Freya?"sh you'd never known existed at this point in time. Since you're too currently emFreya?"broiled in the world's most longest dumb"Freya!"founded contest, you are physically carried over to a table an--

"Freya!" A slap to the face brings you back to reality. Ow. You shake your head left and right, and most of your vision is obscured by a concerned looking Momizi. "You okay? You sort of drifted off after I asked if you had anything else."

You clear your throat. Man that was a bad time to daydream spontaneously. "Thanks for helping me so much, Slee--er, Momzi. I'm trying to decide on what I want to do, so... you know. Anyways, why did you become you know, a swordsman?"

"Easy. It just felt natural to me."

"That's it?"

"Yep."

"So do you and Youmu mind me joining tonight in whatever you do?" Oh god you just had a deeply disturbing daydream about this why did you ask.

"Join?" She blinks at you and gives you a quizzical look. "Besides the fact that we teach swordsmanship, Youmu and I don't know each other very well, heck, we barely talk at all. Usually we just leave each other to do our own thing. Doesn't help that she lives in Niflheim..." Momizi trails off. "Anyways, if you're done here, I need to go to the market to pick up a few things.

And Momizi's off to the market, including sword and shield.

[] Schlick furiously.
[] Find Green.
[] Eat Lunch.
[] Go home and just sleep all day today and tomorrow maybe.
[] Write-in.
[] Check inventory.
>> No. 23233
[x] Go home and just sleep all day today and tomorrow maybe.

Just got trolled.
>> No. 23235
Trip time.
>> No. 23236
[x] Schlick furiously.

Just because its crossed out doesn't mean its not open for vote.
>> No. 23237
I hate you.

[X] Find Green.
>> No. 23238
[x] Schlick furiously.
>> No. 23241
[x] Find Green.
>> No. 23242
[x] Eat Lunch.
[x] Relieve tension
[x] Then find Green.
>> No. 23244
[x] Schlick furiously.
>> No. 23247
[x] Find Green.

Works for me. Either Freya is gonna get rape or something, i can smell a hot scene. Not.
>> No. 23249
[x] Schlick furiously.
[x] Then find Green.

hell, lets just combine the votes.
>> No. 23250
[x] Schlick furiously.
>> No. 23253
[x] Eat Lunch.
[x] Relieve tension
[x] Then find Green.

>All black, contrasting with her fair skin, and she wore a look that you could only describe as predatory,
If only Youmu were like this more often.
If fucking only.

>>23232
>school swimsuits suck.jpg
Amen. And that is a fine and lovely picture, to boot.

For this, I will happily look past that retarded bit about mixing up zi and ji.
>> No. 23254
[X] Schlick furiously.
>> No. 23256
>>23253
>For this, I will happily look past that retarded bit about mixing up zi and ji.
Explain your meaning.
>> No. 23275
>>23256
"Ji" and "zi" are different transliterations of the same sound (represented by じ in hiragana), something close to English "gee" ([d͡ʑi], using IPA), and thus could not be 'mistaken for one another' in speech. The "zee" sound (that is, IPA [zi]) that I assume you thought "zi" made does not, in fact, exist in the Japanese language, and while most Japanese people could probably pronounce it without too much trouble, it's an unnatural phoneme for them, and most certainly not the correct pronunciation of 椛 (もみじ).
>> No. 23282
>>23275
Oh I know about that, but I'm at a loss as to why he thought it was retarded, since regardless of zi or ji it's essentially the same thing, and when typing it out in english it's ultimately up to preference, in my opinion.

Also, I'm still writing the next post.
>> No. 23283
>>23282
I think he thought it was retarded because transliterations in written languages don't to spoken sounds. There's no difference between saying ji and saying zi so correcting yourself from one to the other is sort of pointless.
>> No. 23284
>>23282
From >>23086:
>"Er, Momiji. No, zi. Zi. Momizi. Sorry!"
Pretty sure this is what he was talking about.
>> No. 23285
>>23275

Go back to learning classic japanese, じ and ぢ did have different pronounciations in earlier times. Back when ゐ and ゑ were still in use. Just like お and を.
>> No. 23286
File 126009932070.jpg - (46.51KB , 518x376 , orz.jpg ) [iqdb]
23286
>>23283
>>23284
Oh.

Now I get it. Pic is my current feeling about my derp. Apologies.
>> No. 23292
>>23285
True; I should have said 'modern Japanese'. However:
A) Most historians agree that ゐ and い began to represent the same sound during the Nara period, some 500 years before the sealing of Gensokyo, and I imagine the same is true of ぢ and じ.
B) ぢ, when romanized differently than じ, is usually rendered as "di" or "dzi", not just "zi".
C) Momiji's name is written in ZUN's MoF profile of her with じ, not ぢ, so even if they do have different pronunciations, [d͡ʑi] is still the correct one.

Sage for useless weeaboo arguing.
>> No. 23296
>>23292

Alright, you got me not paying attention to the circumstances here. I shouldn't write about classic Japanese just after waking up.

Selfsage for obvious reasons. Get on with the story now.
>> No. 23299
>>23253 here.

>>23275 actually got my intent and view on the matter in one go and made my case way better than even I could have. Thank you.
>> No. 23381
File 126040797530.jpg - (422.97KB , 700x972 , youmu's sword enters you.jpg ) [iqdb]
23381
Oh right, winning options were:

[x] Schlick furiously.
[x] Then find Green.

Yes it's a tie. I decided to go with both. Also I am so lazy, I spent the last few days watching a God of War LP, eating hard candies, and slacking off. Also, enjoy your short update. I didn't ;_;
____________________________________

Weird and arousing daydream aside (you really should take care of that later), you set off to find Green. Youmu. Whatever. Eventually, you find her room after asking around. Knock knock knock. Silence. You knock again. More silence. You knock again. More silence. You knock aga--

"What."

Sounds annoyed, and a bit muffled through the door. "Hiya! I saw you dueling Momizi earlier and I wanted to as--"

"I'm busy, come again tomorrow." A pause. "And by tomorrow I mean tomorrow. If I hear your voice again today attached to something I will unattach it." Muffled, but you can hear the drawing of a sword.

Oh Hakurei she sounds scary.

[] Press the issue. She won't really kill you, will she?
[] Leave and never come back, at least for today.
--[] If this what do.
[] Write-in.
>> No. 23382
[x] Leave and never come back, at least for today.
--[x] Eat lunch
--[x] Check out the market.
>> No. 23383
[x] Leave and never come back, at least for today.
--[x] Eat lunch
--[x] Check out the market.
>> No. 23384
[x] Leave and never come back, at least for today.
--[x] Eat lunch
--[x] Check out the market.
>> No. 23386
[x] Press the issue. She won't really kill you, will she?

Suicide Mission go!
>> No. 23387
[x] Leave and never come back, at least for today.
--[x] Eat lunch
--[x] Check out the market.

A pissed off Youmu is never a good thing.

>(you really should take care of that later)

We probably never will. Pity.
>> No. 23388
[x] Press the issue. She won't really kill you, will she?

If she's "busy", maybe we can help. If you know what I mean.
>> No. 23390
[x] What was that? You didn't hear her quite well.
--[x] Bang on the door for all you're worth. "Miss greeeeeeen, talk to meeeeeeeee~!"
--[x] Step back; get ready to slip in behind her when she comes rocketing out of the door. Maybe you should hug her from behind? Or just lock her out...

Deception and adventure, ho!
>> No. 23391
>>23390
That's awfully tempting...
>> No. 23392
>>23390
This post made me lol massively.
>> No. 23393
>>23387

Why not add in "Take care of that tension" before lunch and the market? Since tension relief is a good way to build up an appetite.
>> No. 23394
[x] What was that? You didn't hear her quite well.
--[x] Bang on the door for all you're worth. "Miss greeeeeeen, talk to meeeeeeeee~!"
--[x] Step back; get ready to slip in behind her when she comes rocketing out of the door. Maybe you should hug her from behind? Or just lock her out..

Oh my fucking god what the fuck vote changed.
Good lord.
>> No. 23395
[ø] What was that? You didn't hear her quite well.
--[ø] Bang on the door for all you're worth. "Miss greeeeeeen, talk to meeeeeeeee~!"
--[ø] Step back; get ready to slip in behind her when she comes rocketing out of the door. Maybe you should hug her from behind? Or just lock her out..
I approve of this.
>> No. 23396
Oh why the hell not, I'm actually curious to see how this works out.

>>23387 here changing vote to

[x] What was that? You didn't hear her quite well.
--[x] Bang on the door for all you're worth. "Miss greeeeeeen, talk to meeeeeeeee~!"
--[x] Step back; get ready to slip in behind her when she comes rocketing out of the door. Maybe you should hug her from behind? Or just lock her out..

I regret nothing.
>> No. 23398
[x] What was that? You didn't hear her quite well.
--[x] Bang on the door for all you're worth. "Miss greeeeeeen, talk to meeeeeeeee~!"
--[x] Step back; get ready to slip in behind her when she comes rocketing out of the door. Maybe you should hug her from behind? Or just lock her out...
>> No. 23406
File 126043010241.jpg - (139.02KB , 522x373 , this but less tears.jpg ) [iqdb]
23406
Oh dear.
____________________________________

You clear your throat.

Steel your nerves.

BANG. BANG. "HEY GREEN!" BANG. "MISS GREEEEEEEN!" BANG. "TALK TO MEEEEEEEEE~!" BANG.

Once you're done waking up the dead (a quick glance to the sides reveals a few people trying not to laugh), you slip to the side of the door, opposite of how it opens. You checked, it opens outward. It takes a second, but predictably, the door flies open and Youmu busts out with a sword, looking to murder. C'mon, nerves of steel. You slip inside her room and she doesn't seem to be the wiser. With how the room was constructed, you take a moment to slip into the corner and stand there.

The room is more or less incredibly plain, and you wonder if you've stumbled into the on-whatever living quarters area. It seemed like it; there was a bed, dresser, small mirror, what looked like a footlocker, and a large crate that you'd assume didn't belong here naturally. Oh, and there was a table loaded with enough food that you thought she'd have been feeding for lunch and dinner, or starved herself for yesterday. Also arranged neatly were what seemed to be travelling gear.

From outside, it sounds like she's interrogating people, but aside from what sounds like laughter and lies, nobody rats out your genius and well thought-out plan. It takes a while, but she eventually goes back into the room you're in (her room, too) and completely ignores you, sheathing her sword. She doesn't notice you until the moment she sits down at the table and actually takes stock of the room.

Green gives you a glare so piercing you're surprised that you haven't died on the spot. Admittedly, the fact she was holding a rather large and stuffed sandwich dampened the death glare.

"I assume the banging and shouting was you?" She doesn't seem that amused.
>> No. 23410
>, the fact she was holding a rather large and stuffed sandwich dampened the death glare
Damn, I'm hungry now.
>> No. 23415
Youmoe~
>> No. 23422
oh shi- now that we actually did that, I'm at loss for what to do.
Need a write-in of an epic proportion to save our ass.
>> No. 23423
Oh right. I'm an idiot.

Append the following to the end of that last post:
[] Oh man she does not look happy. (Write-in)
>> No. 23425
[x] Genuflect

It's been a long time.
>> No. 23426
[x] Yeah, sorry. I didn't know you were eating Lunch.
[x] If you just said so I wouldn't have done that banging, it's just that I wanted to see what you had to say about your style of sword play, even despite that stunt.
[x] Speaking of lunch, I should get going home as to have mine.

Feel free to improve this.
>> No. 23427
File 126046864870.jpg - (69.09KB , 512x512 , 40074bc0c8d0bb5031ea3414b6c3b7c2.jpg ) [iqdb]
23427
[x] Genuflect
[x] I didn't know that you were having lunch. If you just said so I wouldn't have done that banging, it's just that I wanted to see what you had to say about your style of sword play, even despite that stunt.
[x]...speaking of which, I haven't eaten anything yet... (Yuyu face on)
>> No. 23428
[x] Genuflect
[x] I didn't know that you were having lunch. If you just said so I wouldn't have done that banging, it's just that I wanted to see what you had to say about your style of sword play, even despite that stunt.
[x]...speaking of which, I haven't eaten anything yet... (Yuyu face on)
>> No. 23430
[x] Yeah, sorry. I didn't know you were eating Lunch.
[x] If you just said so I wouldn't have done that banging, it's just that I wanted to see what you had to say about your style of sword play, even despite that stunt.
[x] Speaking of lunch, I should get going home as to have mine.
>> No. 23432
>Oh, and there was a table loaded with enough food that you thought she'd have been feeding for lunch and dinner, or starved herself for yesterday.

Iiiinnteresting. I wonder if Yuyu is traveling with Youmu.
inb4 Freya learns Hax Sign - Thousand Deathbutterflies
as for right now...

[ø] Amnesia option - *blank expression on face* "Huh... was I banging on the door? Also, why am I here?"
>> No. 23433
[X] Genuflect
[X] I didn't know that you were having lunch. If you just said so I wouldn't have done that banging, it's just that I wanted to see what you had to say about your style of sword play, even despite that stunt.
[X] ... speaking of which, I haven't eaten anything yet... (Yuyu face on)

In before we eventually end up overwhelmed by the memory of our little fantasy, start schlicking to Miss Green, and Yuyuko walks in on us.
>> No. 23434
[X] Genuflect
[X] I didn't know that you were having lunch. If you just said so I wouldn't have done that banging, it's just that I wanted to see what you had to say about your style of sword play, even despite that stunt.
[X] ... speaking of which, I haven't eaten anything yet... (Yuyu face on)
>> No. 23436
[x] Genuflect
[x] I didn't know that you were having lunch. If you just said so I wouldn't have done that banging, it's just that I wanted to see what you had to say about your style of sword play, even despite that stunt.
[x]...speaking of which, I haven't eaten anything yet... (Yuyu face on)

Yessss
>> No. 23437
File 12605217322.gif - (307.77KB , 300x300 , 1208235994105.gif ) [iqdb]
23437
[x] Genuflect
[x] I didn't know that you were having lunch. If you just said so I wouldn't have done that banging, it's just that I wanted to see what you had to say about your style of sword play, even despite that stunt.
[x]...speaking of which, I haven't eaten anything yet... (Yuyu face on)

wins.

But!

Writefag cancels thought of updating: Interrupted by paralyzing pain from rapid consumption of just around one and a half litres of Mountain Dew, a whole large Supreme Pizza, and an order of Little Caesars Italian Cheese Bread.

I normally can't even eat half this!

.gif related tangentally.
>> No. 23438
File 126053081721.jpg - (40.31KB , 600x496 , 1210986621475.jpg ) [iqdb]
23438
You genuflect.

...

"It was total humiliation to be genuflecting before the woman who had raped your little sister and scooped out your best friend's eyes. But you didn't want to die. While there is life, there is hope. Your precious life is irreplaceable. So you plastered an obsequious smile on your face and meekly got down on your hands and knees.

'YA FUCKIN' LOSER! NO MAN WOULD BOW DOWN SO EASILY!' Youmu yells at you. 'Die like the dog you are!'

Konpaku Youmu then lifted one of her legs, and stood up, the sound of a chair scooting backwards as she forcefully stands. She strides over to you and raises a leg again, this time sending it crashing down upon your prostrated head.

Her heel sank into the back of your head with a disgusting crunch.

Your head popped open like a pomegranate and fresh blood splattered everywhere, as Youmu took a bite of her sandwich..."


"And you died that day, Freya of Payon."

Wait, what?

You stood up with a bolt and looked around. Green was there, looking for all the world like she'd rather be somewhere else, halfway to eating her sandwich.

"Nice narrating. How didja know I'm Payonese?" You comment, surprised. Green doesn't reply, instead motioning her head upwards. You look up to the ceiling, only to find nothing. You look back down at Green and just shrug. Now she's giving you an unsubtle head motion to leave the room. "Ceiling's got nothing, Green. Anyways," You hold up your hands defensively. "I didn't know you were havin' lunch. If you said so," Arms wrap around you. "I wouldn't have bugged you. See, I jus--"

You freeze, just remembering you were standing in a corner. Slowly turning around, you meet a smiling woman with pink hair, floating in midair. To top it off, part of her was stuck in the wall.

"Boo." Is all she has to say.

[] Write-in.
>> No. 23439
File 126053430747.gif - (7.24KB , 444x442 , who's awesome~.gif ) [iqdb]
23439
[x] "Hi! Do you want to join me in ravishing Green here?"
Refuge in audacity, awwwight.
>> No. 23441
[x] "Boo to you too"
[x] "Hi! I'm Freya! Do you want to join me in ravishing Green here? I seem to suck at it"
>> No. 23442
[x] "Eeeeek! Ghost!"
[x] Hug the ghost and squirm against it. So cute~
[x] No, wait, that's wrong. Run over to hug and squirm against Green. "Save me! Ah, but if it's someone you know, I don't mind being in that kind of relationship..." Blush furiously.
>> No. 23443
[X] Humor her, scream.
>> No. 23444
[X] "Eeeeek! Ghost!"
[X] Hug the ghost and squirm against it. So cute~
[X] No, wait, that's wrong. Run over to hug and squirm against Green. "Save me! Ah, but if it's someone you know, I don't mind being in that kind of relationship..." Blush furiously.

Good lord, why am I voting for this?
>> No. 23445
[x] "Boo to you too"
[x] "Hi! I'm Freya! Do you want to join me in ravishing Green here? I seem to suck at it"
>> No. 23447
>>23444
Because you cannot resist snuggling the softest.
>> No. 23449
[X] "Eeeeek! Ghost!"
[X] Hug the ghost and squirm against it. So cute~
[X] No, wait, that's wrong. Run over to hug and squirm against Green. "Save me! Ah, but if it's someone you know, I don't mind being in that kind of relationship..." Blush furiously.

So stupid, it's funny.
>> No. 23450
[x] >>23444

This vote and everything he said.
>> No. 23451
[x] "Eeeeek! Ghost!"
[x] Hug the ghost and squirm against it. So cute~
[x] No, wait, that's wrong. Run over to hug and squirm against Green. "Save me! Ah, but if it's someone you know, I don't mind being in that kind of relationship..." Blush furiously.
>> No. 23457
[x] "Eeeeek! Ghost!"
[x] Hug the ghost and squirm against it. So cute~
[x] No, wait, that's wrong. Run over to hug and squirm against Green. "Save me! Ah, but if it's someone you know, I don't mind being in that kind of relationship..." Blush furiously.

Need...a...naughty...scene. Oh god. Too funny for words.
>> No. 23458
[x] "Eeeeek! Ghost!"
[x] Hug the ghost and squirm against it. So cute~
[x] No, wait, that's wrong. Run over to hug and squirm against Green. "Save me! Ah, but if it's someone you know, I don't mind being in that kind of relationship..." Blush furiously.
>> No. 23461
[x] "Eeeeek! Ghost!"
[x] Hug the ghost and squirm against it. So cute~
[x] No, wait, that's wrong. Run over to hug and squirm against Green. "Save me! Ah, but if it's someone you know, I don't mind being in that kind of relationship..." Blush furiously.

wins.
>> No. 23467
File 126063036512.jpg - (363.71KB , 509x640 , catface.jpg ) [iqdb]
23467
howveryinterestingidonotlikehowthisupdateturnedoutbutstillithinkillgetitsoonenough
____________________________________
"Eeeeek! Ghost!" You scream theatrically, grabbing the pink haired ghost. Oddly enough, your arms actually find themselves around solid, if cold, flesh. You squirm, partly because the ghost really is cold, and partly because this was part of the impromptu act.

"Ah!"

You release the ghost and run over to Green, innocently wrapping your arms around the startled girl before she can attempt to push you away. Man, she did not feel like a swordsman should feel; she's kinda soft. "Save me, Green!" You put on as much theatrics as possible. "The big mean ghost is coming after me~! Ah," you lean in further to whisper in her ear, but you don't change your volume. "But if it's someone you know, I don't mind being in that kind of relationship..." You blush a deep red.

The ghost, you notice, isn't in the corner anymore. She's actually nowhere to be seen, but you do hear her giggling and laughing like crazy. Youmu pries you off with both her hands and backs up away from you before noticing that her meal is gone, disappeared from her hands. Both of you look up to see the pink-haired ghost lounging around in midair, giggling and holding her prize.

"Lady Yuyuko, please act your age. And please do not steal my lunch."

The sandwich goes down the hatch in one swift motion, the ghost's mouth actually growing in size to eat it all. She makes a show of chewing, and then swallows. "But Youmu~ You left me back home~ And I'm hungry~" She replies, pouting and floating in circles, hands crossed over her chest.

"Because I was restocking our larder." Green crosses her arms and stares at the air, unamused.

"Excuses, excuses! Now, who's your friend, Youmu~?" Not waiting for an answer, she floats over to you and pinches your cheeks, smiling. "How come you're not afraid of ghosts anyways, Freya? Most people kinda freak out when they see me." She floats off of you. "Anyways, Youmu~ She's funny, we should take her back with us! With the food too!" She turns her head to eye the crate.

[] Write-in!
>> No. 23468
[x] Most scary ghosts are rarely as cute or friendly as you are.

Just a shot, feel free to improve upon it.
>> No. 23469
[ø]*giggle* "You are just too cute and friendly!" *hug Yuyu*
>> No. 23470
[x] Most scary ghosts are rarely as cute or friendly as you are.

It's fine like that.
>> No. 23471
[x] "E-Eh?! You want to eat me? W-Well, in that case... Please be gentle." Hug your shoulders and look away shyly.
>> No. 23472
This has become less about finding a first class to choose and more about flirting with every female we find, hasn't it.
I... just can't find it in myself to disagree with this course of action.

[x] Most scary ghosts are rarely as cute or friendly as you are.
>> No. 23473
[x] "E-Eh?! You want to eat me? W-Well, in that case... Please be gentle." Hug your shoulders and look away shyly.
>> No. 23477
>>23472

I think the writer will get us back on track, but there's no shame in having fun on our adventure.
>> No. 23478
>>23472
It just seems so right, though. But I agree...

Which class would best result in stealth-hugging?
>> No. 23479
>>23478

Stalker
>> No. 23480
>>23479
Stalker-class it is, then!
>> No. 23481
>>23479
Well thats if the author lets us get far enough to rebirth, otherwise it'd just be Rogue.
>> No. 23484
[x] "E-Eh?! You want to eat me? W-Well, in that case... Please be gentle." Hug your shoulders and look away shyly.

>>23479
YES.

We shall steal many Precious Things. Full Strip would be useful too. If you know what I mean.

>>23481
There's no reason he can't just ignore the whole rebirth part. It's his story after all.
>> No. 23485
[x] "E-Eh?! You want to eat me? W-Well, in that case... Please be gentle." Hug your shoulders and look away shyly.
>> No. 23514
[x] Most scary ghosts are rarely as cute or friendly as you are.
>> No. 23519
[x] "E-Eh?! You want to eat me? W-Well, in that case... Please be gentle." Hug your shoulders and look away shyly.
>> No. 23555
File 126094740696.jpg - (204.11KB , 600x650 , 9396a24743b6aade419b6da1c09e3784.jpg ) [iqdb]
23555
[x] "E-Eh?! You want to eat me? W-Well, in that case... Please be gentle." Hug your shoulders and look away shyly.

Haven't been in a writing mood, so I just wrenched this one out to see if I can't get myself out of the funk. Quality or QUALITY not guaranteed.

Also I can't find a relevant picture of an angry youmu, so enjoy your Deneb.
____________________________________

"E-Eh?! You want to eat me? W-Well, in that case... Please be gentle." You hug your shoulders and look away shyly, blushing.

Yuyuko breaks out in a new fit of giggles while Youmu seems as unamused and stone-faced as always. "No we won't, Lady Yuyuko. She won't be able to live--" Yuyuko interrupts her. "Of course, of course, I was joking! Anyways, I ran into Reimu earlier and she seems pretty much the same, just like her mother! And her mother's mother, and you know how it goes. I have to get my hat back, she managed to shoot it off my head. Oh don't make that face, Youmu~ I'll be fine~!" And she's gone. A second later, she pops back in. "And do let that nice girl interrogate you, Youmu~" And back out.

Youmu gives you a look; annoyance mixed with resignation. "You must forgive Lady Yuyuko, she is... eccentric. Normally I would throw you out myself, but since you're here, I might as well. Make it quick, I haven't finished my lunch."

"Speaking of which..." You speak up. "I haven't eaten anything yet." You put on an imitation face of the hungry ghost from just now.

"No, absolutely not, now make me a sandwich."

[] Write-in
>> No. 23558
[] Invite her out to lunch in the city to make up for barging into her room instead.
>> No. 23559
[ø] Invite her out to lunch in the city to make up for barging into her room instead.
500 zeny sandvich.
>> No. 23560
>now make me a sandwich

[x] "But we don't have enough people to pull that off... Oh, oh! You mean food."
[x] Invite her out to lunch in the city to make up for barging into her room instead.
>> No. 23565
[x] Invite her out to lunch in the city to make up for barging into her room instead.
>> No. 23568
[x] "But we don't have enough people to pull that off... Oh, oh! You mean food."
[x] Invite her out to lunch in the city to make up for barging into her room instead.

Youmu sandwich? At least make it so the thought crosses our mind.
>> No. 23569
>now make me a sandwich
So, Freya is the woman in their relationship?

[x] "But we don't have enough people to pull that off... Oh, oh! You mean food."
[x] Make the BEST SANDWICH EVER CREATED and eat it.
[x] Make a UNREMARKABLE AVERAGE SANDWICH and give it to Youmu.

With all the food on that room, it feels like a waste to eat outside.
>> No. 23570
[x] "But we don't have enough people to pull that off... Oh, oh! You mean food."
[x] Invite her out to lunch in the city to make up for barging into her room instead.
>> No. 23571
>>23568
here, changing vote, can't delete, etc

[x] "But we don't have enough people to pull that off... Oh, oh! You mean food."
[x] Make the BEST SANDWICH EVER CREATED and eat it.
[x] Make a UNREMARKABLE AVERAGE SANDWICH and give it to Youmu.
>> No. 23581
[x] "But we don't have enough people to pull that off... Oh, oh! You mean food."
[x] Make the BEST SANDWICH EVER CREATED and eat it.
[x] Make a UNREMARKABLE AVERAGE SANDWICH and give it to Youmu.

I hope you're not unhappy about this story being made silly, author-person.
>> No. 23583
>>23569

what's the logic in a vote that would make her even madder? We'd be lucky if she doesn't cut us down where we stand for barging into her room, raising a fuss, and being a bitch to her face with her food.

I like absurd zany as much of the next person, but this crosses the line.
>> No. 23585
File 126103322863.png - (148.78KB , 385x1253 , insubordination.png ) [iqdb]
23585
[X] "But we don't have enough people to pull that off... Oh, oh! You mean food."
[X] Make the BEST SANDWICH EVER CREATED and eat it.
[X] Make a UNREMARKABLE AVERAGE SANDWICH and give it to Youmu.
>> No. 23590
>>23581
I'm pretty okay with this.
>> No. 23595
Maybe I think. I'll have to keep going with this to see if I vehemently hate you all or not.
>> No. 23613
[x] "But we don't have enough people to pull that off... Oh, oh! You mean food."
[x] Make the BEST SANDWICH EVER CREATED and eat it.
[x] Make a UNREMARKABLE AVERAGE SANDWICH and give it to Youmu.
>> No. 23614
>>23583
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of your vagina crying.
>> No. 23615
>>23585
Source?
>> No. 23616
>>23615
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/index?tags=littleshrimp
>> No. 23617
>>23616
Gracias
>> No. 23685
File 126147806019.gif - (93.13KB , 300x400 , what an abysmal death.gif ) [iqdb]
23685
Silly Freya. Silly everything.
____________________________________

You stare at Youmu. Two ideas cross your mind; one unladylike, and one that was an expected answer. You never gave the choice a fighting chance.

"But we don't have enough people to pull that off." Youmu's eye twitches and she crosses her arms, again. "Oh, oh! You mean food." Youmu's frown turns into a snarl, one of her hands clenched in anger.

"Whoah, whoah, look. I'll make you lunch if you really missed it. The food's in the crate, right?" You raise your arms in protest and walk past her, slowly at first to test the waters, then faster once you're sure she wouldn't do anything to you.

You're halfway there before a pair of arms grab you from behind. Unnaturally cold arms pin you against an unnaturally cold body. Stunned, you don't resist as one arm comes off and forcefully grabs one of your hands, forcing the hand in front of you, palm up. You hear a kick, and a second of rummaging around. Fear grips you, and you struggle, only to realize that not only Youmu was insanely cold (you hugged her not too long ago and she seemed warm enough), trying to move her was like trying to move an ox, or pushing an especially large tree.

Youmu walks in front of you and stuffs something in your hand. Your eyes travel down and you see... a single butterfly's wing. The arms holding you come off, and before you can react in any way, Youmu forces your hand closed around the wing, crushing it into small pieces in your hand. Wind roars in your ears and you feel a familiar vertigo--the impending feeling of teleportation.

Youmu's hand felt warm to the touch, and the way she stared at you chilled you to the soul as she mouthed something you couldn't hear through the roaring of wind. You disappear from that room without a peep.

...

The world shifts around you, and you're forced to blink. One moment you're in a sunny room with a window, and the next you're in a bleak... something. Most everything was lit by candles, torches, and the occasional ray of sunlight coming in through holes in the stone ceiling. You stood on stone, and the surrounding area looked very... dead, like the life was leeched from the area, stones included.

Something wandered into your line of sight; a full suit of armor, and a large sword, like the ones knights had. Except knights were men, and this suit of armor bobbed up and down in midair, the helmet spinning around slowly as if to survey the surrounding area.

Ever so slowly it spun... and jerked around to stare at you. Clanking and jangling, the ghost armor with a sword charges at you, sword held in a position suggesting it had arms. You back up, trip, turn around, stand up, and ran for your life. You pass by columns and branches frantically. Not looking back, you turn a corner and smash into a tree, falling on your ass. Looking up...

No. No no no no. This wasn't a tree. Not at all. It was black, black like those horses that were colored black. Only much darker, like night. The horse snorted and you suddenly realize that it's not that you were on your ass, the horse really was massive, easily over ten feet tall. Atop the horse was an equally large, if not larger man. Black armor no decorations, a dark, white colored mask, and two weapons.

The last thing you ever see is a black point speeding towards your head, and the pounding of your heart.

[] Back to post (number goes here)
[] Write-in
>> No. 23686
[x]Respawn in Prontera

Youmu's save point is in Niflheim.
>> No. 23688
[x]Respawn in Prontera

I say we avoid Youmu forever from now on.
>> No. 23691
>>23688

Because you're all a terrible bunch of dumbasses? I seen this coming from a mile away; what else to expect from such a massive dick move?

[x] Back to >>23555
-[x] Apologize
--[x] Make her the best damn sandwich.... the SANDVICH and give it to her.
>> No. 23692
[x] Back to >>23555
-[x] Apologize
--[x] Make her the best damn sandwich.... the SANDVICH and give it to her.
>> No. 23693
>>23691
[x] Back to >>23555
-[x] Apologize
--[x] Make her the best damn sandwich.... the SANDVICH and give it to her.
>> No. 23694
>>23691
Oh come off it, you voted for that choice too, didn't you?
>> No. 23696
[x] Back to >>23555
-[x] Apologize
--[x] Make her the best damn sandwich --the SANDVICH-- and give it to her.

I would still like to see poor Freya be deflowered by Youmu and Momiji. In a sidestory or a dream, maybe?
>> No. 23697
>>23691
Oh, come off it. Pretty sure deep down she's nice.
>> No. 23699
>>23694

Nope I voted for the more normal choice; in fact I warned you guys of what would happen.

>>23697

I wasn't the guy who posted, >>23688

I think even the nicest person would be enraged by such a move still. But I think if we apologize and do things right, we can get on a good foot with Youmu.
>> No. 23711
[x] Back to >>23555
[x] Invite her out to lunch in the city to make up for barging into her room instead.

I still stand by my old choice. Who knows, might run into someone else.
>> No. 23713
>>23711

That's a nice choice as well.
>> No. 23749
[x] Back to >>23555
-[x] Apologize
--[x] Make her the best damn sandwich.... the SANDVICH and give it to her.

Wins. Writan.
>> No. 23868
Update?
>> No. 23993
File 126226850537.jpg - (211.52KB , 1200x1200 , youmu in armor.jpg ) [iqdb]
23993
Sorry this took so long, nothing was coming to mind when I tried writing. That, and KOTOR/Soul Nomad.
____________________________________

"No, absolutely not, now make me a sandwich."

You mull things over in your head and instantly decide on something. "I'm sorry for being a jerk. No, really. It's a bit late now, but better late than never, right? As an offer of peace, I can make you a sandwich. I'm no cook, but I can't really screw this up." You put on a winning smile.

Youmu mulls the offer over. Five seconds later, she accepts your offer and takes a seat. You've apparently sold the offer to her, though she still does look a bit irritated. She points you over to the crate and you open to find a variety of things in it, all food related. It takes you a while, but you find the makings of a good, if simple sandiwch.

Making a good sandwich takes time, so you try making small talk as you work. "Hey, Youmu. I saw you dueling the other girl, Momizi and I was wondering about style and stuff. You know, how to go about using a two-handed sword, armor, the advantages over sword and shield, and uh... mounted combat." You ask, remembering your previous questioning of Momizi.

"Hmm... The two-handed sword is more about offense than defense. It's more tiring, but there's a saying that the best defense is a good offense. With a shield, you can use it to turn aside attacks or other things to create openings, but with my style of combat, you," she puts emphasis on that last word, giving you a look." "Can't afford to do that. Constant vigilance keeps you alive, and a good sense of when to attack, and when to move away. Armor is very important as always, you can't dodge everything." You hand her the completed sandwich. She takes a bite before responding. "Mounted combat is a bit tricky, and I honestly can't explain it to you right now. Maybe if you join this guild and get lucky enough to find me if I visit."

"Now are you done here? 'Cause if you are, you can get out. I have lunch to finish." She sounded pleased enough when answering, but now she doesn't.

[] You've got nothin'. Skedaddle out.
--[] Where to?
[] You've got something.
--[] Spit it out. Make it quick.
>> No. 23994
Bloomin' hell I always forget the trip.
>> No. 23998
Ergh.
My mind is a blank on where to go or what to say.
>> No. 24004
[x] You've got nothin'. Skedaddle out.
--[x] To the market!

Let's see what's there.
>> No. 24005
[x] You've got nothin'. Skedaddle out.
--[x] To the market!

Okay, good.
>> No. 24009
[ø] You've got nothin'. Skedaddle out.
--[ø] To the market!

And we meet a thieving Marisa.
>> No. 24072
No more votes, so I'll just run with

[x] You've got nothin'. Skedaddle out.
--[x] To the market!

In the interim. Here's hoping to none of that pesky writer's block from last time. And maybe writing something interesting.
>> No. 24091
[x] You've got nothin'. Skedaddle out.
--[x] To the market!
>> No. 24131
[x] You've got nothin'. Skedaddle out.
--[x] To the market!
>> No. 24206
File 126308885238.jpg - (359.73KB , 1057x1500 , Group Market.jpg ) [iqdb]
24206
>>24131
。◕‿‿◕。

I had more planned, but I decided to go simple instead of elaborate.
____________________________________

You leave very quickly, and after your exit, the door slams shut. The walk to the market is unremarkable, save for two suspiciously similar guys congratulating you on bugging Youmu. At once. Twins, they were.

You arrive at the market and pick up a pear off the bat. As you snack and search, you notice a variety of interesting people. Perhaps you could pass the time.

[] A young woman selling dolls, some of them float on their own and put on a puppet show.
[] Hey, a familiar face! It's the weird lady from the bamboo forest, selling food. She's chatting with your teacher.
[] A mousy looking girl with large mouse ears sells stuff out of a stand. Her wares are rather... unique.
[] A girl loudly advertises lamprey (great for night blindness!). Several people are already hanging about.
>> No. 24207
[x] A mousy looking girl with large mouse ears sells stuff out of a stand. Her wares are rather... unique.
Mr Smile Full plate w/slot, here we go!
>> No. 24208
[ø] A young woman selling dolls, some of them float on their own and put on a puppet show.
>> No. 24209
[X] A mousy looking girl with large mouse ears sells stuff out of a stand. Her wares are rather... unique.

High chance of finding something useful or rare here.
>> No. 24210
[x] Nazrin option.

On my phone; can't retype it.
>> No. 24212
[x] A mousy looking girl with large mouse ears sells stuff out of a stand. Her wares are rather... unique.

It'll be an interesting change of pace.
>> No. 24213
Goddamn that was a FAST winning vote.

Nazrin wins, writing now. \o/
>> No. 24214
File 126310997725.png - (645.95KB , 1447x1447 , mouse moe~.png ) [iqdb]
24214
My fastest update yet, probably.
____________________________________

You approach the stand, and the first thing you notice is her long tail, supporting a wicker basket that occasionally shifts around. The girl herself probably looks as old as you are.

Approaching her stand, you notice a few things: One, she has a large cart next to her, almost as tall as she is. Two, the basket moves occasionally, completely with mice popping out to take a look. They're the same gray color as her hair and dress. Three, two rods lean against the cart, shaped roughly like lightning, both ends of both rods have metal bits that look like directional letters.

Her wares on the other hand, are varied. From cards with images of what appear to be various creatures, to clothing, armor, weapons, and large eggs roughly the size of your head. And hats. A disproportionately large amount of hats. Some are perfectly sane looking, some are incredibly pretty, and some are just ridiculously outlandish.

The girl is dealing with another customer, so she doesn't notice you.

[] Oh, the possibilities! (Write-in)
>> No. 24215
File 126311093425.jpg - (101.04KB , 592x828 , Koishi 002.jpg ) [iqdb]
24215
>>24214
[] Oh, the possibilities! (Write-in)
[ø] A hat. As a touhou, we need a hat or another headgear.
-[ø] That sunhat.

Image very related.
>> No. 24217
[x] Oh, the possibilities! (Write-in)
-[x] A hat. As a touhou, we need a hat or another headgear.
-[x] How much for that sword?
>> No. 24219
How much money do we have, even? And come to think of it, did we ever decide on what our character looks like? For some reason I've always envisioned Freya with shoulder-length blond hair, green eyes, and dressed like a Novice since...she's a Novice. In any case...

[x] A hat. As a touhou, we need a hat or another headgear.
- Not sure what headgear, though. Two ribbons or a beanie or a flower sound nice. Maybe I'll see what other people say and cast my vote later
[X] Yeah, getting a sword sounds good.
>> No. 24221
>>24215
Those leeeeeeeegs

I want to frantically touch and molest this Koishi.
>> No. 24228
[X] Oh, the possibilities!
-[X] A hat. As a touhou, we need a hat or another headgear.
>> No. 24233
>>24219
>And come to think of it, did we ever decide on what our character looks like?
Freya is a girl-shaped distortion in space-time.
>> No. 24239
[x] A large, black sword inlaid with a red gem.
>> No. 24247
File 126319775711.jpg - (182.58KB , 1000x1414 , Soulcalibur-broken-destiny-.jpg ) [iqdb]
24247
[X] A large, two pronged, red and blue blade with a strange flesh imprisoned within crystal motif and a crystal in the hilt that looks similar to an eye.

Pic related.
>> No. 24248
[X] The perfectly plain cloth hood.
[X] The perfectly plain iron blade.

Plain Freya.
>> No. 24250
[x] Oh, the possibilities! (Write-in)
-[x] A hat. As a touhou, we need a hat or another headgear.
-[x] How much for that sword?
-[x] See if there's a nicer suit of armor.

So are we decided on Freya's class already as a sword user? since buying a sword now might not do any good if we go another path. And we have yet to check out all the possible job places (or have we?)
>> No. 24253
[X] Oh, the possibilities!
-[X] A hat. As a touhou, we need a hat or another headgear.
>> No. 24260
>>24250
gunslinger. it's the only path.
jokes aside, no I don't think we've decided on our first job yet.
>> No. 24293
[x] Sunhat option.

Eh, did what I could.
____________________________________
Decisions, decisions. You look through the various items and finally decide on a sunhat. By the time your decision is done, the mouse girl is done with her customer, seemingly more chipper as a result.

"Hiya there, welcome to The Mouse Hole! My name's Nazrin and what can I get you today?" Her tail seems to wag like an excited dog, or what passes for it when going a fair bit slower with a small basket of mice hanging off her tail, a smile on her face.

"I'll take that sunhat." You respond, pointing at the hat in question. Nazrin picks the hat off of its hanging place and hands it to you. "That'll be two hundred zenny, but since I like you, if you buy now, I'll throw in something special for you, since you've got the look of someone who likes adventure. I don't have all day, choose quickly." She impatiently snaps a finger.

Argh, she's pushy! You've only got like four hundred zenny...

[] Two hundred is practically robbing you, try negotiating it down.
[] Maybe she can sweeten the deal?
[] Sounds good! You'll take it!
[] Pass.
[] Write-in option.
>> No. 24297
[x] Two hundred is practically robbing you, try negotiating it down.
AND/OR
[x] Maybe she can sweeten the deal?
>> No. 24299
[x] Sounds good! You'll take it!

Hats are expensive in RO, and only 200 is pretty cheap, and who knows maybe the something special might make it worthwhile.
>> No. 24301
>>24299
>Hats are expensive in RO, and only 200 is pretty cheap
Or IS it?

I should mention that I'm slightly tweaking the actual costs of items around, and what a zeny/zenny means in monetary values.
>> No. 24302
>>24301

In my experience with RO, hats are absurdly expensive for how little they do for your stats.

But there's still the possiblity of the 'something special' being worth the price.
>> No. 24303
[ø] Two hundred is practically robbing you, try negotiating it down.
AND/OR
[ø] Maybe she can sweeten the deal?

Half of what we have? that's pretty pricey for a hat, but you know, Freya needs a hat.
>> No. 24309
[x] Sounds good! You'll take it!

Well we do need a hat.
>> No. 24311
[x] Two hundred is practically robbing you, try negotiating it down.
AND/OR
[x] Maybe she can sweeten the deal?
>> No. 24315
> if you buy now, I'll throw in something special for you

For some reason, when I read that I assumed the "something special" was a kiss. Don't ask me why.
>> No. 24316
>>24315
What are you talking about? Sexual thoughts about pure, innocent Nazrin are horrible.
>> No. 24317
>>24316
>>/at/4305
I must respectfully disagree.
>> No. 24319
>>24317
I refer yo to The Rika pasta for my admittedly terrible joke.
>> No. 24539
[x] Two hundred is practically robbing you, try negotiating it down.
AND/OR
[x] Maybe she can sweeten the deal?

Ugh, not satisfied with anything I write, and I'm sleepy as hell. So I'm just gonna post what I got and we'll go from there.

Also, it's a rough work in progress, but what I did was divide the RO NPC prices by dividing by 1000 and then roughly working off a fucked up indecisive switchgame of "1 zeny = 1 USD" and "10 USD = 1 zeny." Yes, I'm trying to have a semi-working skeleton of an economy in RO.
____________________________________

"Two hundred?! If I wanted to be robbed I'd rather just flaunt my money at the nearest shady looking jackass. No deal, how about a hundred twenty-five?"

The girl just gives you an incredulous look. "Are you trying to rob me now? I'm giving you a good price at two hundred and something extra thrown in. Although if you want I'll knock off ten." She puts on a dramatic air, crosses her arms, and 'hmph's. Her tail stops waving around and points in your direction, a mouse pokes its head up and squeaks.

"A hundred eighty zeny, you throw in something else, and I promise you I'll be a customer again." You lean in, your faces at most three-quarters of a foot apart. You adopt a confident grin and match her gaze with your own, you had prior experience, small as it is, in haggling with merchants, thankfully.

Nazrin opens her mouth to protest and then shuts her mouth. She seems to ponder over your counterattack.

[] Cave in, accept her offer.
[] Push yours.
[] Leave.
[] Do something write-in like in wording.
>> No. 24541
[x] "Eh, 200 is fine." Pay her. "However, I get to choose that something extra~" Devious grin.
-[x] "C'mere, you!" Grab her and give her the most passionate, the most erotic, the most overwhelming kiss you can muster until she creams her tighty-whities and passes out from lack of oxygen.
[x] "You'll never forget this customer, will you? Tee hee~" Lick your lips and skip away from the shopkeeper's twitching body while wearing the new hat you bought.

Daaaammmnn.

Her pet mouse will blush and cover its eyes with its little paws while peeking through tiny fingers.
>> No. 24544
>>24541
This vote amuses me.
>> No. 24547
[x] "Eh, 200 is fine." Pay her. "However, I get to choose that something extra~" Devious grin.
-[x] "C'mere, you!" Grab her and give her the most passionate, the most erotic, the most overwhelming kiss you can muster until she creams her tighty-whities and passes out from lack of oxygen.
[x] "You'll never forget this customer, will you? Tee hee~" Lick your lips and skip away from the shopkeeper's twitching body while wearing the new hat you bought.
>> No. 24589
[x] "Eh, 200 is fine." Pay her. "However, I get to choose that something extra~" Devious grin.
-[x] "C'mere, you!" Grab her and give her the most passionate, the most erotic, the most overwhelming kiss you can muster until she creams her tighty-whities and passes out from lack of oxygen.
[x] "You'll never forget this customer, will you? Tee hee~" Lick your lips and skip away from the shopkeeper's twitching body while wearing the new hat you bought.

That wins. I'm gonna get back into my write groove even if it kills me.
>> No. 24593
I'm no expert in kissing, but I tried.
____________________________________

"Hmm... eh, two hundred's fine." You reach into your pocket and withdraw a coin pouch, handing off four coins to Nazrin. She takes the coins and as quick as a mouse, scampers off to her cart, drops the coins in a pocket in a bag she carried with her, and then instantly begins rooting around for something. Her tail swishes happily, and two additional mice poke their head out to look at you.

Sneaky-like, you inch your way towards the unaware Nazrin and the mice just regard you with curiosity. Nazrin turns around with some sort of package, but you don't take a good look at it, instead focusing on the girl. "However, I get to choose that something extra~"

Her cocks her head in confusion. "But the initial agreement was for me to add something else, not y--"

"C'mere, you!" You step closer, wrap your arms around Nazrin, pull her forward, and then give her a kiss on the lips.

Actually, no. You didn't give her just a kiss. That would be understating it. You use your experiences and your knowledge to plant a perfect kiss on her lips, putting all of your emotion into it. Lips, tongue, staring into Nazrin's red eyes, hands roaming her back, the warmth of your bodies...

...

You pull out once you're out of breath. It seems you've paralyzed the poor girl. She's standing stone still with the egg-shaped "extra" she was going to give you still in her hands, her face as red as her eyes, and a mortified expression on her face.

"You'll never forget this customer, will you~?" She slowly nods a confirmation, and you might be hallucinating, but you see two of her mice high-fiving each other. You giggle, put your hat on its new owner's head, and skip off, leaving a stunned Nazrin, and a few people who thought your act was hilarious.

The rest of the day is uneventful. You walk around more of Prontera, watch a violent disagreement between two people, and then go back 'home.' Read a few texts you were supposed to read, ate dinner, got to know more of Prontera, met interesting people, and then went back to the boarding school to sleep.

You get dressed and throw open your windows with vigor, basking in the sunlight. Or rather, you bask in what sunlight you can get when facing another window. You really needed to get out of this habit.

Today was not an off day, so you go to classes. The usual standby of Rune-Midgardian history and pretty much everything else are forsaken in favor of adventurer etiquete, rules and regulations you needed to follow, and most importantly, quick rundowns of the professions you could be. Ms. Kamishirasawa explained that the professions are an old system enacted an extremely long time ago by the Hakurei for adventurers to follow.

The class takes all day, and ends on a good note. You all are given an extended break to travel Rune-Midgard and the other countries that were available in order to pick your profession. Additionally, you receive funds in the form of a card you can show to Kafra for teleportation services, with a warning against reckless use.

You go over a list of where you can go in your mind.

[] Geffen, city of magic. Mages receive instruction here.
[] Payon, the forest city and where you called home. Archers learn the fine art of archery here.
[] Prontera, largest city in Rune-Midgard. Acolytes of the Hakurei faith are inducted here.
[] Morroc, desert city. Theives learn their skills around here.
[] Einbroch, city of steel. The art of gun-slinging is a very new trade.
[] Alberta, the port city. Merchants receive training here.
[] Amatsu, the city of cherry blossoms. There are definitely no ninjas here that teach their mystical jutsus and techniques to those interested, no sir.
>> No. 24594
>>24593
[x] Morroc, desert city. Theives learn their skills around here.

Gunslinger sounds nice, but I think something naughty with the thrill of being caught suits us best. We work on becoming fast and silent, able to grope our targets in one fell swoop, stealing their purses and panties while they're too busy blushing to notice. Devious, charming, rowr~
>> No. 24614
[x] Einbroch, city of steel. The art of gun-slinging is a very new trade.

I do not shoot with my hand. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind.
>> No. 24617
[x] Morroc, desert city. Theives learn their skills around here.

Stalkers >> all.
>> No. 24630
[] Alberta, the port city. Merchants receive training here.

Be an Alchemist. Make love potions.
>> No. 24631
>Also, it's a rough work in progress, but what I did was divide the RO NPC prices by dividing by 1000 and then roughly working off a fucked up indecisive switchgame of "1 zeny = 1 USD" and "10 USD = 1 zeny." Yes, I'm trying to have a semi-working skeleton of an economy in RO.

How many zennies do we have? If it's going to be an issue in the story, I would suggest going Merchant to increase Overcharge/Discount ranks and make bartering with Nazrin more successful. (Well yeah, it was a success already.)

Or otherwise go Thief to Steal stuffs and get more money selling them. Archers and Ninjas are rather cost-heavy due to buying ammunition so I'd rather avoid those.

I would also enjoy being a Soul Linker (full crit melee, not Esma-based or full support) but I don't have any real valid reason to go that route. It's a class that I loved back when I played RO, and Running/High Jump and auto-heal + auto-resurrection are always fun to play around with. The self+family+SL only limitations are silly though.
>> No. 24638
>>24631
It's not gonna be a real issue. I'm going to gloss over Zenny for the most part, really. I just wanted a vague sense of prices and things just to have them around for reference and things.

Also you have two hundred now because you're a poor novice.
>> No. 24687
Forgot to mention, thief wins. I've been writing, too. Once I'm done I'll post it in a new thread.