[Return]
Archived Thread

File 124984910623.jpg - (301.18KB , 800x700 , 45c26952ed98239f87a162359fc759aa.jpg ) [iqdb]
21630 No. 21630
[x] Check Pocketwatch (Is it really that early? It's definitely past noon...)
[x] Ask her her name, where her parents are, and what she's doing getting into that much alcohol.
[x] Ask her if she knows where the priestess of the shrine is.

As you hear her statement, a thought passes through your head. Is it really that early…? You swear that it was at least noon before you got back from Eientei, and it took you a couple of hours to get out here…reaching into your pocket, you check your watch.

[Current Time: 3:57 PM]

It’s almost four o’clock, and that’s early?! What in the name of all the Spheres…never mind, she’s awake, and that means question time. Even better, if she’s still drunk, then she’s not likely to be even capable of lying to you.

Right, then.

“Heyyyyyyyyyyyy…you’re not Reimu!”

No, no you’re not. But YOU’RE the one asking the questions here.

“Who are you?”

The little girl points to herself. “Me? I’m Suika Ibuki!”

Suika staggers to her feet, and you notice that she’s constantly swaying – a lot like David would after a long night of drinking. Next question.

“Where are your parents?”

As the question ends, Suika’s whole expression changes – before, she’d been smiling, her eyes always half shut – drunk, but a happy sort of drunk; now, her eyes open completely, betraying a sad expression, and she lets out a long sigh, looking very depressed.

“Don’t know,” she responds.

“You don’t know where they are?”

“Where they are, who they are, what they’re doing – nothing!! I don’t know!” As if by reflex, you see her pop the cork off a purple gourd she has, and take a long swig from it. As she brings it away from her lips, your hand darts out, attempting to grab it away. What ensues could very well be a scene from comedy, with you trying to grab the gourd, and her playing keep away. The two of you banter during the whole exchange.

“Hey, don’t take my gourd! It’s all I have!”

“Look, I know you’re depressed, but drinking yourself silly isn’t the answer!”

“I’m NOT depressed! And who are you to think that?!”

“Look, you’ve no business getting into that much booze! You can potentially kill yourself at your age!”

“What do you mean, ‘at your age’? I have more tolerance in my pinky than you do in your whole body!”

As you continue to argue, you come to a realization that all the usual symptoms of drunkenness have rapidly faded…is she already sober? How is that humanly possible? Finally, you spot a pattern in her weaving, and as she comes around…

“Aha! Gotcha!”

“Ah!”

Now, your hands and hers are clasped around the gourd. Before a tug-of-war can ensue, however, the door slams open, with the gourd in front of the revealed person.

You take a moment to look her up and down. She’s got dark hair, and a pair of dark red eyes…are red eyes a dominant color here? Reisen, Mokou, and now this girl. She’s dressed in what appears to be traditional Japanese shrine maiden garb, except the sleeves are detached from the rest of the outfit…weird. You see her address Suika.

“Suika, what are you doing?”

Her eyes turn toward you, her expression flat and jaded.

“And who is this?”

[] Discuss [Subject] with [Person]
[] Investigate [Object/Person/Etc]
[] Go to [Location]
[] Perform [Magical Effect Desired]
[] Not right now – looks like you’ve got some ‘splainin’ to do.

>> No. 21635
[x] "Evening there, the name's Sparrow. I heard you might be able to help me with a little information regarding the whereabouts of a certain witch's house. Perhaps even the knowledge of any outsiders that recently passed through?"
[x] Use your strength; yank the gourd out of the little one's hand with one, quick tug.
>> No. 21657
Pardon the absence - had to make an action choice regarding your input...updating now!
>> No. 21658
>>21657
Why does this sound like a bad thing?
>> No. 21659
>>21658

Oh, it's not, it's merely a cosmetic thing at best - the process by which I wanted to arrive from situation A to situation B. The thing I was stressing over ultimately has no impact on anything at this point, or probably ever, it was just a question of style.
>> No. 21660
File 125007330245.jpg - (949.23KB , 849x1200 , 78c4dbf21c22c767fd4e9d0d68cb20dd.jpg ) [iqdb]
21660
[x] "Evening there, the name's Sparrow. I heard you might be able to help me with a little information regarding the whereabouts of a certain witch's house. Perhaps even the knowledge of any outsiders that recently passed through?"
[x] Use your strength; yank the gourd out of the little one's hand with one, quick tug.

You want to deal with the newcomer right away, as it seems she’s the authority here – and is probably Akyu’s Miss Reimu. However, your mind has not left Suika’s problem either. Using your considerable strength, and a dash of speed, you yank the gourd out of her hands in a single, quick motion. A couple of seconds pass before Suika reacts.

“Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! No fair!”

Holding the gourd with one hand, you plant your other free hand on Suika’s forehead, holding the little one at arms’ length. Her arms uselessly flail in the air, windmilling in attempts to reach the gourd.

“Giveitbackgiveitbackgiveitbackgiveitbackgiveitbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!”

You turn to the newcomer, doing your best to flash a smile.

“Evening there, the name’s – ” Your introduction is cut off by the flash of smooth wood and white paper as it impacts your forehead.

“Ow! What was that for?” You ask.

The teenage girl sighs, tapping the head of her beatstick against her left palm.

“Give Suika back her gourd.”

“Listen here, I don’t think that – ”

“Look, I don’t ask you to do this for anything other than a practical reason. Said reason being: if you want to talk to me without her constant whining, you’ll do this.”

You pause for a moment, looking over at Suika.

It is, as the saying goes, the one mistake you regret making.

The little one’s eyes are positively HUGE, and look like they’re carrying enough water to flood the whole Nile River. Unable to resist, and wanting to talk to the priestess you hand the gourd back. Her expression instantly transforms from the forlorn little girl to the one who just walked into a gigantic toy store. Though, some of the things she does are a little…strange, like rubbing her cheek against the gourd, and…was that a “my precious” you just heard? Going off, Suika sits on the far edge of the veranda. The teenage girl speaks.

“Alright, you, come inside. We’ve got things to discuss, no doubt…”

You prepare to step inside, only to get the beatstick rapped against your feet.

“No shoes!”

Oh, right, this is…Japan…sort of. You remove your shoes, and sit down at a low table. Sitting down opposite you, and laying her beatstick next to her.

“Judging by your dress, I’d say you were an outsider. Allow me, then to make the first introduction. I am Hakurei no Reimu, scion of the line of Hakurei, Guardian of the Border, Youkai Slayer, and Protector of Gensokyo. Now,” she asks, leaning forward, her hands interlaced in front of her mouth. “Who are you, and what are you doing here?”

You respond, taking courage from two things: one – despite her beatstick, she appears to be just a teenage girl, something you’re more than capable of handling. Two – you’re not about to let someone with a whole bunch of fancy titles intimidate you.

“The name’s Sparrow. I heard you might be able to help me with a little information regarding the whereabouts of a certain witch's house. Perhaps even the knowledge of any outsiders that recently passed through?"

You hear her let out a brief huff of air, almost like a scoff, but she answers.

“You’re looking for Marisa, then? Don’t bother looking for her house – not a lot of people know where it is – I did at one point, but I haven’t been there in a while…besides, your best chance to find her is to hang out here.”

As she talks, her posture changes from what is was before, to one of…boredom, perhaps? Her hands separate, and she rests one side of her face against the base of the palm of her left hand. She uses the other one to gesture.

“She’s always coming by, trying to organize parties, hide stuff she’s stolen, and generally making a nuisance of herself. And as for other outsiders…none have passed through here recently, but a couple of nights ago, I saw a half dozen or so shooting stars in the sky…or at least, I think they were.”

She looks at you, her expression still bored.

“Anything else?”

[] Discuss [Subject] with [Person]
[] Investigate [Object/Person/Etc]
[] Go to [Location]
[] Perform [Magical Effect Desired]
[] Not right now
>> No. 21665
[x] "Hm, those were probably our escape-pods. I received a lead that one of my comrades might be with the witch right now. The two others were supposedly at the Scarlet Devil Mansion and Youkai Mountain."
[x] "I've, uh, encountered some dangers already, so would you be able to tell me of anything to watch out for when investigating the other two?"
[x] "Lastly, should that girl out there really be drinking? She said she didn't have any parents, but that still isn't any reason to give a minor alcohol..."
>> No. 21671
>>21665

I can predict Reimu laughing her ass off with this option (Someone assuming Suika is anywhere as young as she looks)
>> No. 21673
>>21671
Well, we started it, we're following through with it. We are an outsider, after all, and we're not going to meta-knowledge here.

Plus, I'd at least like Sparrow and Suika to be on good terms with one another. We'll apologize after we find out the truth.
>> No. 21687
Called. Updating now.

>>21673

And in regards to that, I'm doing my best to non-metaknowledge myself here, regarding the characters and such, seeing as how Sparrow has no knowledge of Touhou (unlike some of our other protagonists).
>> No. 21691
File 125012558229.jpg - (186.39KB , 650x960 , 1f3bae97cf56c9b6f174e1c23c13fca4.jpg ) [iqdb]
21691
[x] "Hm, those were probably our escape-pods. I received a lead that one of my comrades might be with the witch right now. The two others were supposedly at the Scarlet Devil Mansion and Youkai Mountain."
[x] "I've, uh, encountered some dangers already, so would you be able to tell me of anything to watch out for when investigating the other two?"
[x] "Lastly, should that girl out there really be drinking? She said she didn't have any parents, but that still isn't any reason to give a minor alcohol..."

You muse over Reimu’s words. Shooting stars? Not likely…

“Hm, those were probably our escape pods. How many did you say you saw again?”

Reimu waves her hand dismissively. “About a half dozen or so, but I only saw them for a moment, and I wasn’t really paying attention.”

You go over the numbers in your head. You and the Captain make two, that means that perhaps four or five of your shipmates probably survived. Nodding your head, you acknowledge her words.

“I see. Well, I received a lead that one of my comrades might be with the witch right now.”

Reimu shakes her head. “I don’t think so – if Marisa had found an outsider, she probably would’ve told somebody about it – her blabbermouth is second only to her power.”

You sigh – one of Akyu’s leads is an apparent dead end for now. With no one having seen her, and no idea as to her house’s location, it seems that, for the moment, your attentions must turn elsewhere. An inquiry from Reimu interrupts your reverie.

“You have any more leads?”

You nod. “Two. Youkai Mountain, and the Scarlet Devil Mansion.”

Reimu taps a finger on the table, lost in thought for a moment or two. “That makes sense.”

“Why’s that?”

“Well, out of the whole of Gensokyo, Youkai Mountain is the single largest locale – if you flew into the sky above Gensokyo, and dropped half a dozen objects, it’s a likely bet that at least one would end up on Youkai Mountain. And as for the Mansion, as far as I’m aware, it’s the closest thing to Outsider society we’ve got here – a familiarity I’m sure you would find comforting, being strangers in a strange land and all.”

“Uh-huh. So, I've, uh, encountered some dangers already, so would you be able to tell me of anything to watch out for when investigating the other two?”

Reimu tilts her head back-and-forth, her eyes staring upwards. “Well, I suppose I’d be derelict in my duty if I didn’t give you at least a little warning. First off, Youkai Mountain is full of, well, youkai.”

You interrupt, having never heard this term in your life. “And what are ‘youkai’, exactly?”

Reimu stares at you. “You really ARE an outsider, aren’t you?” Sighing, she continues. “Youkai are any living thing that is supernatural, or legendary – a few good examples you might be familiar with are vampires, or werecreatures – though youkai aren’t limited to that.”

Oh...

“Right, now that you understand, continuing on. Youkai Mountain is full of them, though the Tengu – friendly youkai, as least to us – do a good job of patrolling the mountain, making sure that it’s safe. If you go there, and hang out long enough, you’ll probably run into one of their patrols. There’s also…” at this Reimu’s expression turns dark, “the OTHER shrine, which is located at the base of the mountain. They’re some of Gensokyo’s newest arrivals, so they’ll probably be familiar to the world you came from. So, if you go to the mountain, my advice is: either go to…THAT place…or land somewhere, and just stay put – the Tengu will pick you up sooner or later. Now, regarding the Mansion…I won’t say that it’s not dangerous, but this I will say: as long as you’re on good behavior, and do as you’re asked, the chance you’ll be in danger is minimal. Step outside those boundaries, however, and it can be one of the most dangerous places in Gensokyo. And, finally, a general piece of advice: wherever it is you end up, don’t leave after dark – Gensokyo becomes a far more dangerous place after dark, especially for a newcomer like yourself.”

Right. Okay, good information to know – and something you’ve heard twice before – seems like it’d be a good idea to abide by it, for now.

“One last thing. Should that girl out there really be drinking? She said she didn't have any parents, but that still isn't any reason to give a minor alcohol...”

An amused expression passes through Reimu’s face, and she smirks. “My, it seems you really ARE an Outsider, aren’t you? You needn’t be worried – Suika’s an Oni – a race of youkai renowned for their stamina – if she got serious, she could drink you, I, and probably half of Gensokyo under the table. As for being a minor…I don’t think anyone knows how old she is. Not that it matters, her being an Oni and all.”

Right, okay. Good to know.

“Anything else?”

[] Discuss [Subject] with [Person]
[] Investigate [Object/Person/Etc]
[] Go to [Location]
[] Perform [Magical Effect Desired]
[] Not right now
>> No. 21696
[x] "No, that's good. Thank you for your time, miss Hakurei, I appreciate it."
[x] Check Pocketwatch.
[x] Apologize to Suika for the misunderstanding on the way out.
>> No. 21700
Called. Updating now...

Soon, you'll get a preview of the Skill System~
>> No. 21701
File 125015437432.jpg - (10.34KB , 240x200 , For some reason I see this guy when I think of Spa.jpg ) [iqdb]
21701
[x] "No, that's good. Thank you for your time, miss Hakurei, I appreciate it."
[x] Check Pocketwatch.
[x] Apologize to Suika for the misunderstanding on the way out.

There isn’t anything else you can think of, at the moment…

“No, that’s good. Thank you for your time, miss Hakurei, I appreciate it.”

“Yeah, whatever…”

As you make your way to the door, you hear her call out from behind you:

“One last thing.”

You half-turn, looking back over your shoulder. “Hm?”

“I take my job as Gensokyo’s protector very seriously – so don’t go mucking about, raising all kinds of hell, or I’ll have to do something about it – and that’s not something you want, trust me.”

Right, then, okay. Time to move on. Putting on your shoes, you step outside, and pull out your pocketwatch.

[Current Time: 4:31 PM]

You muse over the time – nightfall should be in about three or four hours, that doesn’t give you a lot of time to go places. Taking those hours, and subtracting travel times to and from locations, that doesn’t leave a whole lot of time for questioning. So, then, it would seem that you have three choices. A: fly to one of your lead locations, scout out, and head back to the human village for the evening. B: stay here for an hour or two, hope Marisa shows up, then fly back the village. C: fly to a lead location, spend the night there conducting your investigation, continue in the morning, and try to find some time the next day to get back to the human village to let Keine and Akyu know you’re alright.

You’ll decide on your course of action in a second. But first, you have an apology to make…you look over to where Suika sits on the veranda, noticing that in between swigs of booze, she stares rather intently at you. Meeting her gaze, you feel electricity in the air.

You step towards her.

In response, she does a little sitting-down hop-scoot away from you.

Step.

Scoot.

Step.

Scoot.

This continues until…

“Ahh!” *THUD*

Looks like Suika ran out of veranda. You hurry over to the edge, to check to see if she’s alright. She’s laying in the dirt, sprawled out, the gourd clutched in a hand.

“Owie…” She opens her eyes, sees you, and hugs the gourd to herself with both arms, screwing her eyes shut.

“Do whatever you want, sicko! Just leave me my gourd!”

…riiiiight.

“Um, no, sorry, I think we got off on the wrong foot. See, I didn’t know you were an Oni…miss Hakurei told me that I shouldn’t be worried your drinking…so, I’m apologizing for trying to take your gourd – I had no idea…”

“Oh…”

And all is quiet for a second. Then, she holds out the gourd to you.

“Drink!”

“Huh?”

She waves the gourd at you. “Drink!”

“Um, I’m afraid I don’t understand…”

“Drink! Or your apology’s no good with me!”

Oh, right then…you take it, pop off the top, and take a swig.

Holy crap…you might not be the alcohol expert David is, but whatever’s in this is strong stuff. You cough a few times as you hand back the gourd. You hear Suika laugh.

“Not bad…for a human.”

Going past you, she stops at the door inside, taking just a moment to wave at you before stepping inside.

You’re now alone in the courtyard.

What to do now…?

[] Option A: Head to a lead location, scout, and head home for the evening.
[] Option B: Wait here for Marisa, and then go home.
[] Option C: Head to a lead location, and begin your investigation tonight.
[] Option D: Other Course of Action

If you choose options A or C, designate location:

[] Scarlet Devil Mansion
[] Youkai Mountain

~DESTINY ACTIVE~ (1 of 1 level remaining for Day 1)
>> No. 21702
[x] Option A: Head to a lead location, scout, and head home for the evening.
[x] Youkai Mountain
>> No. 21720
[] Option A: Head to a lead location, scout, and head home for the evening.
[] Scarlet Devil Mansion
>> No. 21721
I was going over Sparrow's character sheet, and I thought that, to help everyone in the field of magical capabilities, that I would post this portion of the character sheet.

One other thing: Sparrow's full character sheet will be posted between days, when you guys spend AP to advance various characteristics.

Correspondence - 2
---1st Level – Immediate Spatial Perceptions: You can extend your senses so that you have an abstract awareness of everything around you. You become completely aware of distance and of various magical effects that alter space.
---2nd Level – Sense and Touch Space: You may cast your senses out to other locations or even touch them remotely. You can scry a distant location, though doing so forms a link to you that can be detected with Correspondence. You can also extend your physical reach to these locations.

Forces - 2
---1st Level – Perceive Forces: You can sense local Patterns of force. Kinetic energy, radio waves, heat sources and the like are all clearly visible to you. Source of forces like batteries and radioactive substances are outlined clearly to your perceptions, even if those forces are normally invisible.
---2nd Level – Control Minor Forces: Although you can’t yet create forces or change them into other forces, you can redirect and divert them. You can bend sound waves so that they travel in a different direction, cause light to bend around yourself, or alter kinetic motion. Your control extends to a single force or collection that affects something up to the size of a person. Attacks made with this level of Forces inflict one combat success.

Time - 2
---1st Level – Time Sense: You can measure time with uncanny accuracy, being able to determine time to a second, measure the duration of other Effects, and notice distortions in the time-stream.
---2nd Level – Time Sight: You may send your senses back or forward. You may also muddy the water by messing randomly with the time-stream, to keep other Time users out.

Mind - 1
---1st Level – Sense Thoughts and Emotions: You become hypersenstitive to emotions and mental states, including your own. By focusing your will, you can clear your mind, focus on multiple subjects, channel your thoughts with incredible efficiency and sense the presence of thought nearby.

Matter - 1
---1st Level – Matter Perceptions: A mage’s simple enchantments, experiments and studies allow for precise measurements of matter, including determinations of its magical and physical characteristics, hidden features, and near-exact scientific statistics.

Life – 1
---1st Level – Sense Life: You have an intuitive awareness of living things. You can feel the existence of life all around you, and can hone your perceptions to watch its energies flow. Simple magics allow you to determine age, gender, state of health, and the like with ease.


So there you are. Enjoy.


Oh, and another thing.

I found a database of Mage rotes here: http://www.virtualadept.co.uk/resources_rotes_mtaw.cfm.

Hopefully, that should help in the future...I think.
>> No. 21723
>>21721
So, just to make this clear - at any point that we may be in the wilderness, we should be able to use our base stats in Life to sense living beings around us, and in Mind to differentiate them between lower and higher forms of life, correct?
>> No. 21724
>>21723

In theory, absolutely.

In PRACTICE, however, is a different matter.

Will you be able to sense living things? Sure, but keep in mind, your senses, even with Correspondence, have a limited range, and the amount of information you will be able to gather from life-signs alone is limited. And against SOME BEINGS, it won't work AT ALL.

Can you determine the mental state of things? Of course. But, with only 1 level in Mind, that might only mean that the only distinction you're capable of making is between sentient and non-sentient beings. Now, with HIGHER levels, more is possible, but right now, you're probably not going to be able to tell Cirno or Rumia from Patchy or Eirin by mental state alone.

Hope that answers your question.

Oh, and I'm waiting for a decision here: it seems that everyone wants to pursue Option A, but are divided on the actual location...

...I'll be here awhile.
>> No. 21725
[x] Option A: Head to a lead location, scout, and head home for the evening.
[x] Youkai Mountain
>> No. 21726
Okay, called. Updating now.


Youkai Mountain, here we come...
>> No. 21731
File 125028957385.png - (133.55KB , 400x192 , MageLogo.png ) [iqdb]
21731
[x] Option A: Head to a lead location, scout, and head home for the evening.
[x] Youkai Mountain

You muse over your options for a second, and settle on doing a simple scouting run: it’ll allow you to get a general idea of the layout of the area, without running the risk of needlessly worrying Keine or Akyu. You’ll start your investigation tomorrow morning. You think over your navigation towards the mountain: Akyu said it was southeast of the village, and you traveled due east to get here…therefore, if you travel south, you should either run into or spot the mountain…after all, how difficult can it be to miss a MOUNTAIN?

Rising off of the ground, you aim yourself southwards, and begin your flight. You fly for about half an hour before you spot the mountain – like you thought, Reimu’s description of its size makes it hard to miss. As you approach, you notice a few things.

First, there’s a river which runs by the mountain on the western edge. From this height, you can’t really see anything unusual, but that’s not your concern right now. Following the river leads to a waterfall – there must be a large reservoir of water somewhere nearby…maybe under the mountain? Right, moving on then…you take your time to circle the mountain. As you do, you spot a long line of shrine gates, similar to the ones you saw at the Hakurei Shrine. Following them, you come upon the shrine Akyu and Reimu both told you about – the Moriya Shrine, wasn’t it? Halting your flight for a second, you pull out your trinary computer and activate the GPS program – while it may not be able to tell you where you are, the compass function still works. Taking the information the program gives you, and doing a few deductions in your head, you determine that the shrine is located on the northeast corner of the mountain.

You put the phone away, securing it, when you notice something else in your bag. That’s right, you’ve got five more tracking beacons in your possession – the first one is in your escape pod. You could tag the shrine, and use your GPS to navigate back here tomorrow…

Your internal reverie is interrupted as you feel a tremor in the air, and suddenly there is a great rushing wind, and you find yourself flailing in midair as you fall out of the sky, your concentration broken. You fall a couple hundred feet before you manage to get yourself coherent enough to think. You quickly redirect all the kinetic energy gathered by your descent towards earth upwards, catapulting you back into the sky. As you feel your ascent slowing, you cast a gravity shield around yourself, and soon you are hovering in the air once again.

Taking a quick glance around, you see that you are, more or less, in the same position you were before – except this time, you can see off in the distance a little tiny dot, rapidly receding. Could that be the thing that interrupted you?

You could try and find out, but there’s no guarantee you can catch it, and chances are, unless you got really lucky, you wouldn’t be able to look for it, and tag the Shrine.

So, now what?

[] No Other Person Currently Present
[] Investigate [Object/Person/Etc]
[] Go to [Location]
[] Perform [Action]
[] Perform [Magical Effect Desired]
[] Check Pocketwatch
>> No. 21737
Before I vote, I'd like to ask a few things...

Just how strong is our ability of level two forces, how long would we be able to keep it up, what negative effects could it have for a mage in comparison to a normal human being, and are we able to utilize several different magical effects of the same attribute at the same time?
>> No. 21741
>>21737

Well, I'm not sure how much you all understand about The Old World of Darkness' Mage, but I'll try to explain to all of you the best I can.

In terms of strength, your 2 levels of Forces put your abilities in that field as slightly below-average: the maximum level of any given Sphere is 5. So, right now, your Forces strength isn't super, but you're no lightweight either. As your mastery of Forces progresses, you'll be able to do more things, and inflict more damage - as the highest level, successful Forces attacks would deal 3 combat successes, more if the given target is vulnerable to such things: if you hit Cirno with a fire-based attack, for example, you would deal MORE damage; but hit Mokou with the same attack, and you'd probably do almost nothing.

How long you're able to persist the magical effect is entirely dependent on three things: your maximum ability in the Sphere, your Stamina attribute, and whether or not the effect is coincidental or vulgar.

Example: Say you want to be able to see in infrared (aka heat) vision - a Forces 1 effect. You have Forces 2, and Stamina 3. That means that you would be able to keep up the effect for probably an hour or two before it dissipates. If you had Forces 5, however, you could do it all day - for, in my head, as you progress in your understanding of a given Sphere, you find shortcuts for simpler effects.

Now, let's take this, and frame it in a coincidental light. Before, you were just forcing your eyes to see in a different perspective. However, one of your foci is a pair of multi-spectra electronic glasses. You could simply say, "I'm changing my glasses from seeing in visible light to IR," and that would, even at this level, allow you to extend the effects duration for a much longer period, because the strain you are putting on yourself and reality is a small fraction of before.

So, if vulgar IR sight lasted an hour or two, IR sight with your glasses would probably last a WEEK or two.

As for negative effects, the only thing you would truly need to worry about would be if you did any vulgar magic - one of the benefits of coincidental magic is that there are fewer risks involved, though it's much harder to work in the real world. And honestly, there're aren't many side effects - taking the example above, it's not like your eyes would be stuck on IR vision if you left them that way. The main issue here is stamina burnout - do too much at one time, and you risk tiring yourself too far.


As for multiple effects, YES. One of the hallmarks of Mage games I've played is that most players have at least two or three effects active at any given time. Example: a level 2 Correspondence effect is called a Ward - basically a magical alarm you can set up to see if anyone is using supernatural power to spy on you. Right now, your Correspondence (level 2) is just enough to set up the ward, keep it active for a couple of hours, and simply alert you to the spying. At higher levels, you could determine who was spying on you, how they were doing it, and where it was being done from.

So, yes, multiple magical effects are possible, and to a certain degree, encouraged. Keep in mind, however, that the more effects you have going, the faster your stamina will drain. So you could have a half-dozen Wards set up around you - if you don't mind having to walk everywhere, and take breaks every hour because of the drain.

Hope that answers all of everyone's questions...though this whole thing has me wondering now is there's only one person reading this...not that there's a problem with that, I just always figured people talked things over, and got behind one vote - like in VNs in other threads, just without repetition.
>> No. 21742
>>21741
I understand a good portion of it, but as with many games like this, it all depends on how you conceive the world and its rules and how we conceive the world and its rules. We may be voting/writing with two different standards of gameplay.

So, one last thing. Are we leaning more towards reality with our magical abilities, or fiction? Because I was thinking of doing something fancy, considering we have some control over kinetic energy, but I don't want to risk gelatinizing our innards.

And I can guarantee you have a good number of readers, just not enough voters. I think people are too concerned with screwing up the actual parts that are Mage The Ascension, so they treat the entire story/quests/minor choices in the same regard.
>> No. 21744
Regarding your first point: true. Very true. In a VN/game like this, the world and what exactly can be done is a construct between both the designer (yours truly) and the players (all of you out there).

Regarding your second point: it depends. For coincidental magic, I'm going to want at least SOME degree of reality to it. But as for vulgar magic, I have really only one thing to say...THIS. IS. MAGE. By the virtue of your Awakening, you can do ANYTHING. Mages basically can take reality and make it their bitch. So, if you want to do something that sounds crazy, go for it. Really, the only constraints here are threefold. 1: your imagination. 2: the proficiency and strength with which you wield your magic. 3: Sparrow's "common sense" aka me saying the following to your idea of fighting Cirno by immolating himself: NO.


And regarding the last point, about readers being afraid to screw up the Mage portions of this VN: DON'T. As I said before, this is MAGE. Literally ANYTHING is possible, and to be honest, most of the WoD games I've played in have been a little fast and loose with the rules and such in favor of a good time. As it is said in any White Wolf core rulebook, if you want to throw out a rule because you think it's inhibitive, DO SO. The object of every White Wolf game (and of THIS VN) is to have fun, and tell a good story. So, to reiterate, if you're afraid of messing things up, DON'T BE. If you step outside of the lines that I think are critical to this game, I will say so, and I will say so to you guys the way I say it to my players: No.

Hope that resolves everything...now, let's see what you've got in mind...
>> No. 21745
Awesome. Well, then, assuming you're not going to make the shrine disappear overnight, we can just as well find it again with our memory. And since our destiny is still active... I guess there are a few ways to do this.

[x] Chase down the dot.
--[x] Find a sturdy looking tree or other suitable object, then try building momentum by grabbing a hold of it and spinning, finally launching yourself in the direction of the dot. Focus on your ability in forces to build up the kinetic energy from the air/wind and heat around you, then redirect it into your legs and start sprinting, recycling the energy you're emitting as you're running.
--[x] Alternatively, you could try using your sonic gloves at full power/a single gunshot, then use the boost from those to gain speed, as well as any soundwaves, electricity, heat and/or air pressure emitted to further aid the take-off.

I'm well aware that this may drain us pretty badly, if just barely leaving enough to get back (we could hitch a ride, if we're lucky). If we do catch up, we could then carefully try to alter the target's kinetic energy and bring it to a halt.

I'm a little tired, so please forgive me if I have my thoughts mixed up here.
>> No. 21746
I don't know how much strain this will put on us but:
[X] Perform [forces] Force attunation, Magnetism. There is a magnetic field here otherwise your compass would not have worked. Attune with the magnetic field to become one with the magnetic field and increase your area in which you can use:

[X] Perform [life] scan the area of Youkai
Mountain for human life patterns.

(like turning the magnetic field around you into a radar dish)
>> No. 21748
I attempted to scour the internet for a graphic to properly express the sentiment I felt at seeing the votes here...and failed.

Therefore, I will not TRY to express it.

Instead, I will simply write, and take these suggestions, and attempt to merge them into a catapult of awesomeness.

Updating now.

You're about to catch the one who's been tailing you all day~
>> No. 21749
File 125043859978.jpg - (85.97KB , 750x600 , epicawesome.jpg ) [iqdb]
21749
[x] Chase down the dot.
--[x] Find a sturdy looking tree or other suitable object, then try building momentum by grabbing a hold of it and spinning, finally launching yourself in the direction of the dot. Focus on your ability in forces to build up the kinetic energy from the air/wind and heat around you, then redirect it into your legs and start sprinting, recycling the energy you're emitting as you're running.
--[x] Alternatively, you could try using your sonic gloves at full power/a single gunshot, then use the boost from those to gain speed, as well as any soundwaves, electricity, heat and/or air pressure emitted to further aid the take-off.

[X] Perform [forces] Force attenuation, Magnetism. There is a magnetic field here otherwise your compass would not have worked. Attune with the magnetic field to become one with the magnetic field and increase your area in which you can use:

[X] Perform [life] scan the area of Youkai Mountain for human life patterns.

The shrine can wait – who(or what)ever interrupted you needs a good talking to. Channeling your Force perception, you see that there’s a magnetic field present. Good, that’ll make this easier. Working the magnetic field, you attune yourself to it, and then begin to channel your Life perceptions. The impact of innumerable (to you at this point) life signs disorients you for a moment, but you focus on the one you want: the only one in the sky. Holding that pattern, you look around for something. Aha! You fly over to a large tree, and begin to spin yourself around it. You feel the kinetic energy building up, much like an astronaut in a G-force simulator. Just when you don’t think you can take any more, you wait until you’re pointed in the direction of the dot…

…and RELEASE.

You come screaming out of the forest, heat and air friction attempting to slow you down, but you’ve already anticipated it, and redirect all the energy to maintaining your incredible velocity. You feel yourself begin to slow. No! Not now! Turning up the emitters on your sonic gloves to MAX, you mash down on both triggers, and let the shock of the soundwaves propel you forward.

Traveling at such an incredible speed, you don’t have much time to react when you crash into the life signal you were tracking. The impact, however, disrupts all of your concentration, and the two of you begin to plummet to the ground. You wrap your arms around whoever it was you hit, and raise as many shields as you can think of before impact.

As a result, while you hit the earth at a suicidal rate of speed, you don’t feel any of the pain and/or damage that would’ve resulted.

Taking a moment to gather yourself, you look down at the person you caught.

It’s a girl. And not just any girl – it’s the one you saw earlier today in the village – the one in the white shirt and black skirt – though she seems a bit swirly-eyed right now…

“Ayayayayayayayayaya…”

[] Discuss [Subject] with [Person]
[] Investigate [Object/Person/Etc]
[] Go to [Location]
[] Perform [Action]
[] Not Right Now – you’re a bit winded from what you just did.
[] Check Pocketwatch


Guess who~~
>> No. 21750
Fuck yeah, insane stunt bonus.

[x] Check the area around you. Are we in a safe place?
[x] Make sure you haven't gravely injured her.
[x] Smack her on the cheek a few times. If you have any water or can find some nearby, you might be able to wake her up that way.
--[x] If that doesn't help, pick her up and find a cave or something to rest.

Bridal style? Piggyback? Fireman's carry? Any way she wakes up with our hand on her ass~
>> No. 21751
She's awake, just dazed.
>> No. 21752
>>21751
It may still take some effort to snap her out of it, though.
>> No. 21754
>>21750

Oh yes, as anyone familiar with the WoD (or White Wolf's other main game systems, Scion and Exalted) can tell you, you get a bonus for describing an action in an epic and/or cool manner.

That applies here - most of the time.

Be warned, however, just as YOU are capable of supreme cool, so are OTHER characters. And the capability to use it is what separates the strongest characters from the ones below them.

And updating now...
>> No. 21755
File 125049450862.png - (753.59KB , 1081x1223 , 4cbc30842aa6d904b0879de748303161.png ) [iqdb]
21755
[x] Check the area around you. Are we in a safe place?
[x] Make sure you haven't gravely injured her.
[x] Smack her on the cheek a few times. If you have any water or can find some nearby, you might be able to wake her up that way.
--[x] If that doesn't help, pick her up and find a cave or something to rest.


First things first – you landed in a very unfamiliar place, in a land where, right now at least, danger could be anywhere. Glancing around, you note that you landed in the forest surrounding Youkai Mountain. You also note the large impact trail you and the girl left in your wake – it looks more like a fighter jet crashed here than two people.



Right, then. Onwards. You next turn your attention to the girl – you seem to be okay, but you want to check that your shields covered her too. After a few moments of non-intrusive observation, you reach your conclusion. You’re no medical expert, but she doesn’t seem to have any significant injuries – looks like your shields were big enough. Though, she is still dazed from the impact. Right, then, time to fix that. Reaching into your survival pack, you extract a slim aluminum bottle filled with water. Flipping open the cap, you extract about a fist’s size worth of water, and fling it in her face.

“Ayayaya…ugh…”

That seemed to work. She leans forward at first, her hands curled up, and resting against her temples. Taking a few deep breaths, she then reaches her hands up towards the sky, her head tilting backwards. You see that, as she does so, her back arches, pushing out a rather…healthy…pair of breasts. For a few moments, you watch them, transfixed, as they move…and some part of your mind forces the question into conscious thought:

Is she…not wearing a bra?

“Mhm.”

Uh-oh…you look up, only for your eyes to meet hers. Crap.

“Well, well, well…and here I thought I was going to be disappointed…”

She continues to speak, but she brings her arms down, crossing them just beneath her chest, and squeezes slightly, emphasizing her assets.

“…but you’re just full of surprises, aren’t you? Here I thought you were just some human with a few tricks – but you managed to capture me, the fastest in Gensokyo.” Half-turning her face away, she brings her hands up to her cheeks, looking very much like the distressed damsel in medieval period films, but allows her visible eye to peer in your direction.

“And now, I’m all alone out here with a stranger! Oh, what ever will you do to me?” Closing her eyes, and slightly tilting her head away from you, she cries out:

“Do what you will with my body, but my heart is not yours!”

…what the hell?

“Boo!”

“Ah!”

Guess not – in the moment you were distracted, she pounced on you, pinning you down. You push back, however, throwing her off, and getting yourself to your feet. Now wary, you decide to use a tactic that you’d used earlier today – a threat of force. Sweeping back your coat, you allow the girl to see the plasma caster in the improvised holster you created after your fight with Mokou, and you let your hand wander near it. The girl seems to get the point.

“Okay, okay, enough theatrics. I’m not your enemy…for I am…AYA SHAMEIMARU, GREATEST REPORTER OF ALL GENSOKYO!”

…is she for real?

[] Discuss [Subject] with [Person]
[] Investigate [Object/Person/Etc]
[] Go to [Location]
[] Perform [Action]
[] Not Right Now – you’re a bit winded from what you just did.
[] Check Pocketwatch


Hope you like this Aya~
>> No. 21757
[X] Ask Aya if she knows anything about any other recent outsiders.

If anyone knows it'd be our ever nosy tengu here.
>> No. 21759
[x] Ask Aya if she knows anything about any other recent outsiders.
>> No. 21762
[x] Ask Aya if she knows anything about any other recent outsiders.

Ayayaya~
>> No. 21763
Called. Updating now.

Here comes a choice...
>> No. 21764
File 125058622266.jpg - (141.22KB , 676x948 , b79dda2650370d86c249327c81a15f0f.jpg ) [iqdb]
21764
[X] Ask Aya if she knows anything about any other recent outsiders.

‘Greatest reporter,’ eh? If she’s a reporter, then she works for a newspaper, which means she’d have contacts and investigative skills, which means…

…holy hell.

You just ACCIDENTALLY caught the ONE PERSON in the entire world who’d stand the best chance of knowing whether or not any Osiris survivors are here.

Right, then. Time to play the pride card…

“‘Greatest reporter,’ huh? If that’s true, then someone of such caliber would SURELY know of there were other new humans here…but, hey, I wouldn’t be shocked at all if it weren’t true. After all, people lie all the time…”

In response, you get a finger shoved in your face.

“Now, just stop right there! I may…embellish the facts a little, but I am no liar!”

Aya then jumps back, and does a complete three-sixty twirl on one foot, a smile on her face, and a finger to her lips.

“As a matter of fact, I DO know there happens to be other humans here! In fact, there’s one right on this mountain! And I bet you’d be interesting in seeing him, HMMMM??”

Well, yeah. But you’re not going to tell HER that.

“I can even take you to him! But, in exchange…”

A trade?

“…you have to come home with me tonight.”

…that’s not something you’re sure you want to do.

Aya seems to pick up on your hesitation.

“Oh, you could TRY to find them yourselves, but humans are such creatures of the familiar…you never know – they might move, in, I don’t know, an attempt to find old friends?”

Oh, no. You’re not going let her manipulate you.

“And they’re such fragile things, too, compared to us. Plus, being the new kids on the block, there’re SO MANY dangers here…and some hide right in plain sight, until it’s too late…”

Dammit, she’s not going to make it easy to say ‘no,’ is she?


[] Go with Aya – you’ll find a way tomorrow to let the others know you’re okay.
[] Refuse, and continue your own investigation.

~DESTINY ACTIVE~ (1 of 1 level remaining for Day One)
>> No. 21765
[x] "I wouldn't be so sure about that. My friends have been in quite the dangerous situations."
[x] "In fact, I fought off this crazy immortal fire thrower named Mokou earlier."
[x] "I'm sure they can handle themselves if the situation demands it."
[x] "However, I'll still need to find them. I may take you up on your offer, but I need to think it over. It had better not involve rape."

She may take how we beat Mokou as payment. Reporter first, serial rapist second.
>> No. 21766
[x] "I wouldn't be so sure about that. My friends have been in quite the dangerous situations."
[x] "In fact, I fought off this crazy immortal fire thrower named Mokou earlier."
[x] "I'm sure they can handle themselves if the situation demands it."
[x] "However, I'll still need to find them. I may take you up on your offer, but I need to think it over.

I'm sure she just wants an interview.
>> No. 21767
[x] "I wouldn't be so sure about that. My friends have been in quite the dangerous situations."
[x] "In fact, I fought off this crazy immortal fire thrower named Mokou earlier."
[x] "I'm sure they can handle themselves if the situation demands it."
[x] "However, I'll still need to find them. I may take you up on your offer, but I need to think it over.

It may not even be one of our own.
>> No. 21768
[x] "I wouldn't be so sure about that. My friends have been in quite the dangerous situations."
[x] "In fact, I fought off this crazy immortal fire thrower named Mokou earlier."
[x] "I'm sure they can handle themselves if the situation demands it."
[x] "However, I'll still need to find them. I may take you up on your offer, but I need to think it over.
>> No. 21769
[x] "I wouldn't be so sure about that. My friends have been in quite the dangerous situations."
[x] "In fact, I fought off this crazy immortal fire thrower named Mokou earlier."
[x] "I'm sure they can handle themselves if the situation demands it."
[x] "However, I'll still need to find them. I may take you up on your offer, but I need to think it over.

Nah We could only wish we could have some 'fun' with Aya (we're a single healthy guy, she's a single lively tengu); that and Aya is more the peeping tom type than the molesting type. Now Ex Keine (and perhaps Yukari) are the rape types.
>> No. 21777
Ladies and Gentlenon, the boards have returned.


TIME TO GET BACK TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!
>> No. 21778
File 125201499988.jpg - (246.54KB , 600x850 , dae61d6608fb7fdee8bc0b3f56076903.jpg ) [iqdb]
21778
ALL HAIL THE VENERABLE WISEMAN!

-------------------------------------------

[x] "I wouldn't be so sure about that. My friends have been in quite the dangerous situations."
[x] "In fact, I fought off this crazy immortal fire thrower named Mokou earlier."
[x] "I'm sure they can handle themselves if the situation demands it."
[x] "However, I'll still need to find them. I may take you up on your offer, but I need to think it over.”

Oh, FRAGILE, are we? Well, girl, we made be made of glass…

But we’re freaking GLASS CANNONS.

“I wouldn’t be so sure about that,” you challenge. “My friends have been in quite the dangerous situations.”

Aya picks up on your tone. “Oh, but there’s things here that you could only dream of on the outside. And I don’t think you and your buddies are equipped to deal with them.”

Oh-ho…cocky, isn’t she? Well, time to pull out your exploit of the day.

“Oh, we are. Trust us. In fact, I fought off this crazy immortal fire-thrower named Mokou earlier. BY MYSELF. And my friends are just as capable of defending themselves as I am. So, I’m sure my friends can handle themselves if the situation demands it.”

Oh yes, she’s going to eat crow if you have any say on the matter.

“Hmm? Well, such a prepared and capable person doesn’t require my help, no doubt. So, I should just be on my way…”

Oh, no. She’s not leaving now.

“However, I’ll still need to find them. I may take you up on your offer, but I need to think it over.”

She replies in a rather sing-song tone.

“Okay~ Just don’t take too long~ Girl’s got places she needs to be~”

Right.

[] Go.
[] No.

~DESTINY ACTIVE~ (1 of 1 level remaining for Day One)
>> No. 21779
[x] Go.

No harm in giving Aya a scoop. And frankly there's few other Touhou gals that one'd feel safe around.
>> No. 21782
[x] "No you don't. You probably have all the time in the world... for a tabloid writer."
[x] Ask her to describe the person she talked about. Go with her if the description sounds familiar.
>> No. 21796
[x] "No you don't. You probably have all the time in the world... for a tabloid writer."
[x] Ask her to describe the person she talked about. Go with her if the description sounds familiar.
>> No. 21797
Called. Updating now~
>> No. 21800
File 125211364648.jpg - (155.44KB , 675x416 , a3dfb329a26beb9be7a24e5a8b1c28a3.jpg ) [iqdb]
21800
[x] "No you don't. You probably have all the time in the world... for a tabloid writer."
[x] Ask her to describe the person she talked about. Go with her if the description sounds familiar.

Oh? She’s short on time, is she? You doubt that. Plus, by her own admission, she EMBELLISHES the facts of her stories, so…

“No, you don’t. You probably have all the time in the world…”

And now, for the stinger.


“…for a tabloid writer.”

At the phrase ‘tabloid writer,’ she seemingly puffs up, becoming much more threatening-looking.

“I am a legitimate journalist! The fact that I use a little creative license in my story doesn’t make me some tabloid hack!”

She “Hmpf!”s and turns away. Right, time for stage two.

“Well, a legitimate journalist would be able to describe to me the person she’s talking about – they pay attention to detail, after all…”

Aya turns back, a sly smile on her face.

“Why, good sir! You didn’t have to trick little old me into this! You could’ve just asked!”

Gathering herself, she states her description.

“He’s about your height, he looks like he’s your age – maybe a little older – he’s got a little more meat on his bones than you do, and he’s an outsider!”



Great. Just great. From what she’s described, it could be one of the people you served with on the Osiris…

…but then again, her description is awfully vague.

In other words, she’s given you just enough detail to keep your interest, but not enough detail to confirm whether or not it is one of your own.

Is EVERYTHING going to be like this with her?

[] Go.
[] No.

~DESTINY ACTIVE~ (1 of 1 level remaining for Day One)
>> No. 21803
[x] Go.
[x] But let her know that you do hold grudges, and following this, you'll know where she lives.
>> No. 21806
[X] Go.
>> No. 21808
Well, we know it's not Kiyomi, and it's probably not David. We have the most muscle here. So unless Horace is fat, I doubt this is one of ours. Regardless...

[x] Go.
[x] But let her know that you do hold grudges, and following this, you'll know where she lives.
[x] Oh, and for good measure; you're a cannibal. Plasma-grilled, mm mm good.
>> No. 21810
[X] Go.
[x] Inquire about any pictures she might have taken concerning the matter at hand.
>> No. 21815
Called. Updating now

And incorporating as much of the write-ins as I can...
>> No. 21816
>>21815
Even the cannibal one? Really?

Awesome. Make it both threatening and sexy.
>> No. 21819
File 12521921584.jpg - (239.51KB , 860x1100 , 19d68f33b4e7dec532b37e6fb4dc61bb.jpg ) [iqdb]
21819
>>21816
AS MANY AS POSSIBLE

----------------------------------------------

[x] Go.
[x] As many write-in options as possible.

You sigh, having, for the moment, exhausted all the options you can think of…unless…

“Do you have any pictures of this outsider?”

“Nope! Can’t afford to be wasteful on a journalists’ salary! Film and electricity don’t grow on trees around here!”

Right, then.

“Alright, let’s go.”

“Okay then!” Aya chirps back, extending her hand.

“But, I do hold grudges, and after this, I know where you live.”

“Of course~”

“Oh, and just in case you get any funny ideas…”

“Hm?”

“I’m a cannibal.”

At that statement, her face pales, and her eyes get about as big around as her boobs.

“Ehhhhhh~?”

Oh heavens, she’s actually trembling now.

“You…you’re joking, right? Right?”

Of course you are…

…but you’re not about to tell HER that.

Letting a manic grin cross your face, you give her a nice, long leer.

“Do I look like I’m joking?”

For emphasis, you wave the plasma caster.

“Plasma-grilled Tengu. MMMMMMMMMMM, tasty.”

“You…you can’t prove it!”

Oh? Recalling a bit of pop culture, you affect a slight British accent.

“A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver, with some fava beans, and a nice chianti.”

“Right…”

Still trembling, she once again extends her hand. Reaching out, you grab it, and find yourself pulled to her as you rocket into the sky. The whole trip is pretty much a blur, the scenery rushing by you too quickly to be anything distinct. Eventually, though, you slow down, and land on the ground. Letting go of Aya, you take a look around.

You’ve landed in front of a small log cabin – reminds you of the pioneer days from your education. You turn to Aya.

“Is this the place?”

“Oh, no. This is my house. You spend the night here, and I’ll take you to him tomorrow morning!”

Right. Following Aya, you step inside. As she removes her shoes, you follow suit. As you do, you notice a pair of Japanese-style sandals also near the door, about the same size as Aya’s shoes. You then go forward, and enter what appears to be a living room. There’s a couch, a couple of chairs, a desk, and various other pieces of furniture. Aya leaves, heading into an adjacent room, exclaiming:

“I’ll get dinner started!”

That was awfully quick – probably a side effect of your little Hannibal the Cannibal joke.

You watch her go into what is presumably the kitchen, and get ready to follow her, when you realize something:

Perhaps it was because you didn’t drink as much as usual, perhaps it was because of the single-mindedness with which you approached your mission, perhaps it was something else, but…

…you’ve not used the bathroom since leaving Keine’s house in the village.

Right, now what?

[] Discuss [Subject] with [Person]
[] Investigate [Object/Person/Etc]
[] Go to [Location]
[] Perform [Action]
[] Perform [Magical Effect Desired]
[] Check Pocketwatch
>> No. 21821
File 125219549578.jpg - (8.82KB , 447x357 , vash.jpg ) [iqdb]
21821
>>21819
I love it.

[x] "Make it extra bloody! I wouldn't want to have to do it myself, if you catch my drift."
[x] Check Pocketwatch
[x] Ask Aya if you can use her bathroom.
[x] "Total slaughter. Total slaughter. I won't leave a single man alive. La de da de die. Genocide. La de da de dud. An ocean of blood. Let's begin the killing time~

A little too thick, maybe?
>> No. 21822
[x] Use washroom and straighten out a bit
[x] Think "One would think that with her figure flying so fast would be hard; it's thermodynamically impossible for such curves to be there and not slow the flight down."
[x] Go to the kitchen and see what she's cooking, backing away if the joke overdid it.
>> No. 21828
[x] If you're going to stay the night, ask Aya if you can use her bath.
[x] Ask her what she's cooking. Half-jokingly tell her who it reminds you of.

"My good friend Allen tasted just like this."

Her article is going to be so ludicrous that no one in their right mind is going to believe a word of it.
>> No. 21831
>>21828
"I'll have the left buttock, please."
>> No. 21834
Uh...right...

Just so you know, I only combine write-ins when they're moving in the same direction...

Just for future reference, after this one...


Though, beware...

Rule of Funny surpasses any write-in...
>> No. 21983
Okay, right. Vote called, and attempting to integrate the intents of the write-ins into a single coherent narrative...
>> No. 21985
File 125245732710.jpg - (622.56KB , 800x1106 , 8da5f246fff02fde3da85bdceaac7c31.jpg ) [iqdb]
21985
This was rather hard to write, considering the ideas I had about how to run the scene...

----------------------------------------------

[x] Go to the bathroom, and straighten up a bit before dinner.
[x] After you’re done, go into the kitchen and see what Aya’s making.
[x] Incorporate as many cannibal jokes into your dialogue with Aya as possible.

Well, first things first – you need to relieve yourself, and perhaps make yourself a little more presentable. You shout to Aya:

“Where’s the bathroom?”

“End of the hall, turn left!”

Okay, not a problem. Leaving the main room, you walk down the hall towards the back of the house, noticing a second hallway near the end of this one. You turn left, and there’s the door. Stepping inside, you note the usual prominent bathroom fixtures…the only thing that seems to be missing is an actual bath…though, if Gensokyo is based on Japan, they probably use Japanese-style baths, which are found in another part of the house. Taking a few minutes, you drain the lizard, wash your face and hands, and try to generally clean yourself up. Once done, you leave the bathroom and return to the front room, crossing it to reach the kitchen. Entering, Aya turns at your approach.

“What is it?”

You notice that she has a free hand currently creeping slowly in the direction of the kitchen knives – it’s kind of cute to see her scared like this.

“Nothing – I just wanted to know what you were making…and if I could try it before it was served.”

“I suppose…” She holds out the stirring spoon, and you take it, tasting a little of the soup off of it.

“Not bad,” you admit.

“Really?”

“Absolutely. Reminds me of this guy – Allen – I took his liver, part of his kidneys, tossed them into pot of tomato soup stock, and Mm-MM! Absolute heaven!”

“Oh…oh, I see.”

“Do you mind a…piece…of advice?”

“As long as it doesn’t involve body parts.”

“Of course. I just wanted to you know, make mine…”

You lean in, and whisper.

“…extra bloody.”

As you pull back, you see that she’s developed that wide-eyed look again, but this time there’s a couple new additions – her face is just the faintest tint of red, and her impressive chest is heaving slightly with each breath. Turning away, you state:

“I’ll be in the main room – lemme know when the food’s ready!”

There’s no response.

Entering the main room again, you seat yourself at the low table, and wait.

Looks like you’ve got a few minutes before dinner is ready…and while it’s novel, the cannibal thing is getting old…what to do?

[] Discuss [Subject] with [Person]
[] Investigate [Object/Person/Etc]
[] Go to [Location]
[] Perform [Action]
[] Perform [Magical Effect Desired]
[] Check Pocketwatch
>> No. 21987
[x] Get comfortable.
[x] Examine the room a bit more.
[x] Check pocketwatch.
[x] Wait patiently.
>> No. 21988
[x] Get comfortable.
[x] Examine the room a bit more.
[x] Check pocketwatch.
[x] Wait patiently.
>> No. 22014
[x] Get comfortable.
[x] Examine the room a bit more.
[x] Check pocketwatch.
[x] Wait patiently.
>> No. 22024
Called. Updating now.


Prepare for an introduction~
>> No. 22038
hooray!
>> No. 22046
File 12527196841.jpg - (1.03MB , 1691x2460 , 2b08961d0e3e659c6b34d08cd9670c10.jpg ) [iqdb]
22046
Forgive the long time, but I ended up writing this a dozen times, and it just came out...wrong...each time.

------------------------------------------

[x] Get comfortable.
[x] Examine the room a bit more.
[x] Check pocketwatch.
[x] Wait patiently.

The first thing you do is take out your pocketwatch – the time is…

[Current Time: 6:57 PM]

Right. Taking a look around, you examine the main room. Aside from the table, which has four places to sit, there’s a couch with a side table on each end, a desk with chair in a corner, and a chair near the couch. Seems like standard living arrangements from where you live…more or less.

You decide to try and get comfortable while you wait…unfortunately, you seem to have underestimated the amount of stress your body went thru today, and in the crash of the Osiris…being on a ship has made you a little softer than usual…especially your back. Gods, your back! Trying your best, you lean forward, attempting to reach the far side of the table, and work out whatever’s bothering your back. Failing, you go in the opposite direction, lying down on your back…not perhaps your best idea, but maybe one that would work.

As you do, you hear footsteps coming into the room. Looking in their direction, you see a white-haired, red-eyed…dog girl? She peers at you, her head tilting slightly to the left.

“Sir, are you okay?”

Oh gods, she’s CUTE.

[] Discuss [Subject] with [Person]
[] Investigate [Object/Person/Etc]
[] Go to [Location]
[] Perform [Action]
[] Perform [Magical Effect Desired]
[] Check Pocketwatch
>> No. 22052
[x] "Heh, I'm okay. I've just got a bit of a sore back is all."
[x] Stand up and offer her your hand. "Oh, I'm Sparrow, by the way. It's nice to meet you, miss...?"
[x] "Aya did not tell me she was living with anybody. I'm guessing she didn't tell you that she'd be having a guest over, either? Though, it was rather short notice, I'll admit."
>> No. 22053
[x] "Heh, I'm okay. I've just got a bit of a sore back is all."
[x] Stand up and offer her your hand. "Oh, I'm Sparrow, by the way. It's nice to meet you, miss...?"
[x] "Aya did not tell me she was living with anybody. I'm guessing she didn't tell you that she'd be having a guest over, either? Though, it was rather short notice, I'll admit."

sounds good for now
>> No. 22066
Called. Updating now...
>> No. 22067
File 125279434223.jpg - (126.47KB , 500x800 , 9e4d0d3b5bb41d85f29b4e7cd615aa52.jpg ) [iqdb]
22067
Ah, the cuteness that is Momizi...

------------------------------------------


[x] "Heh, I'm okay. I've just got a bit of a sore back is all."
[x] Stand up and offer her your hand. "Oh, I'm Sparrow, by the way. It's nice to meet you, miss...?"
[x] "Aya did not tell me she was living with anybody. I'm guessing she didn't tell you that she'd be having a guest over, either? Though, it was rather short notice, I'll admit."

You note that this new arrival’s concern for you is admirable – here you are, a complete stranger, possibly an invader in her home, and she’s worried about your well-being.

“Heh, I’m okay. I’ve just got a bit of a sore back is all…”

“Oh…” she replies.

You stand and offer her hand to her.

“I’m Sparrow, by the way. It’s nice to meet you, miss…?”

“Momizi. Momizi Inubashiri. It’s nice to meet you too, Mister Sparrow.”

She smiles broadly, and you catch glimpses of a wagging tail. Guess she really is a dog-girl…

“Forgive me, Aya did not tell me she was living with anybody. I'm guessing she didn't tell you that she'd be having a guest over, either? Though, it was rather short notice, I'll admit.”

“It’s okay! Miss Aya frequently has guests over on a whim – that’s just how she is.”

“Oh, okay…”

“Um, about your back…? Miss Aya has had some back problems in the past…”

You don’t doubt that for a second, nor the fact that she’ll have problems in the future.

“…and I’ve picked up a few things from the other Tengu on the mountain. So, if you wanted, I could try to help…”

[] Discuss [Subject] with [Person]
[] Investigate [Object/Person/Etc]
[] Go to [Location]
[] Perform [Action]
[] Perform [Magical Effect Desired]
[] Check Pocketwatch
>> No. 22068
>>22067

[x] "Yeah, that'd be nice." Let her do want she needs to.
>> No. 22069
>>You don’t doubt that for a second, nor the fact that she’ll have problems in the future.

If he's thinking that about Aya, I wonder how he'd react to the curvier Touhous.

[x] "Yeah, that'd be nice." Let her do want she needs to.
[x] While that's happening, ask her about Aya and how things are on the mountain, while making sure you don't make any Freudian slips involving Aya and mountains.
>> No. 22070
File 125281272125.jpg - (106.45KB , 392x1712 , 1252672508325.jpg ) [iqdb]
22070
>> No. 22072
>>22069

With nothing short of absolute shock...though, in my head, there are only about half a dozen or so Touhous who are more...gifted...than Aya.

>>22070
Do you mind? We're trying to do something constructive here...
>> No. 22073
File 125282102343.jpg - (61.62KB , 800x600 , 1252387638686.jpg ) [iqdb]
22073
>>22072

>Implying this abomination is constructive to anything.
>> No. 22074
>>22073

Two pieces of advice:

1 - if you're going to complain, go elsewhere. You're not winning any fans or support here.

2 - don't read it. No one's pointing a gun at your head and forcing you.
>> No. 22075
[x] "Yeah, that'd be nice." Let her do want she needs to.
>> No. 22076
>>22074
You don't know this poor man's circumstances
>> No. 22078
File 125282246621.jpg - (28.23KB , 392x347 , 1241757298061.jpg ) [iqdb]
22078
>Implying that the people on IRC give a submarining fucking about you or my mild trolling.
>> No. 22080
[x] "That sounds nice. Thank you." Let her do what she needs to.
[x] Offer to do hers in return.

>>22073
That dog scares me.
>> No. 22085
lawl, itsa Reiji writing thingies!!!!
>> No. 22087
File 125283740554.jpg - (8.89KB , 528x251 , 1237791889041.jpg ) [iqdb]
22087
Thank you, ReijiTabibito, for coming into the IRC channel and trying to get me banned for trolling your horrible shitpile of a story.

Everyone there is now a little dumber for having observed your colossal magnitute of stupidity. With each passing moment you were there I could literally hear my brain cells burning away one by one in screaming fits of agony. I can honestly say that I regret what I did. I regret enticing you to come out of your little cage and shit all over the channel. Not only that, but I may never recover from the damage you have inflicted upon my brain. It is my sincere hope that you will never return there so that I will never have to bear witness to such a display of dumbfuckery ever again for the rest of my life.

Good day to you sir, and may we never meet again lest I convulsively vomit vital organs from my body.
>> No. 22088
>>22085

It SURE is. Aren't you EXCITED?!


>>22087

You're welcome! Have a nice day!
>> No. 22089
>>22087
So... We got more advertisement for this CYOA?

Awesome.
>> No. 22108
File 125286825655.png - (221.83KB , 733x733 , 5176499.png ) [iqdb]
22108
This story is bad and you should feel bad.

>>22089

Trust me, no one would want to read this shit. Reiji made himself look like a complete dolt and even two of the admins were making fun of him from the get go. He's in the same boat as a few of the other newfag writers that we want to get rid of for good.
>> No. 22109
>>22074
>Two pieces of advice:

>1 - go elsewhere. You're not winning any fans or support here.

>2 - don't write here. No one's pointing a gun at your head and forcing you.
>> No. 22116
[x] "Yeah, that'd be nice." Let her do want she needs to.
[X] Ask how she knows Aya and if she has seen any of your crew members.
>> No. 22120
[8:02am]ォ HY サ Oh hey it's the retard.
[8:02am]ォ ReijiTabibito サ Now, why exactly do you have to call me that?

[8:04am]ォ glasnost サ Reiji, you're here to get your thread untrolled, right?
[8:04am]ォ+ Pygmalion サ I'd go over to her house and fuck her sister.
[8:04am]ォ Mari サ also
[8:04am]ォ ReijiTabibito サ Something like that.
[8:04am]ォ Mari サ is that it?
[8:04am]ォ HY サ ... he has a thread?!
[8:04am]ォ ReijiTabibito サ I thought the rule was no trolls.
[8:04am]ォ HY サ Oh man I gotta see this.
[8:04am]ォ Nameless- サ THREAD?!
[8:05am]ォ Nameless- サ A*
[8:05am]ォ Jerl サ what'd I miss
[8:05am]ォ ReijiTabibito サ ...and yes, HY, I do: two of them.
[8:05am]ォ HY サ No, we don't protect you against Anon.
[8:05am]ォ ReijiTabibito サ This is not just any anon...this is a specific anon.
[8:05am]ォ Nameless- サ >Implying they give a fuck that you're thread is being trolled.
[8:05am]ォ Nameless- サ >Hilarious reaction image.
[8:05am]ォ@ Kapowサ well hang on
[8:05am] * Dan_Maku lacks any context whatsoever, here
[8:05am]ォ@ Kapowサ if someone's starting a huge shitstorm like YAF used to do, that's a valid complaint
[8:06am]ォ HY サ True, true!

[8:06am]ォ@ Kapowサ but I'm seeing one guy calling reiji a faggot
[8:06am]ォ HY サ So where is this thread?
[8:06am]ォ@ Kapowサ http://www.touhou-project.com/others/res/21630.html
[8:06am]ォ ReijiTabibito サ In /others/.
[8:06am]ォ HY サ Yeah, that's nothing.
[8:06am]ォ ReijiTabibito サ Look, it's the same guy. He harrassed me in my last thread, too.
[8:06am]ォ HY サ Man up and ignore it.
[8:07am]ォ Nameless- サ No, he didn't.
[8:07am]ォ ReijiTabibito サ That's easy for you to say, HY. Everybody loves you.
[8:07am]ォ HY サ So? I used to get people fucking shitting all over me in my threads sometimes.
[8:07am]ォ ReijiTabibito サ Um, when?
[8:07am]ォ Dan_Maku サ Well, if it's one guy, just stop paying attention to him.
[8:07am]ォ HY サ ...
[8:07am]ォ Dan_Maku サ If he gives up and goes away, you've won.

[8:07am]ォ Dan_Maku サ If he doesn't and escalates, come back and now he's worth being dealt with.
[8:08am]ォ Jerl サ ReijiTabibito if you can't handle a person who dislikes your writing telling you that they don't, you don't have what it takes to write a story on our boards. Plain and simple.
[8:08am]ォ ReijiTabibito サ Hence the "sort of." I don't need a mod NOW, this is just a heads-up.
[8:08am]ォ@ Kapowサ oh jesus
[8:08am]ォ HY サ hahahhaa
[8:08am]ォ@ Kapowサ yeah we'll raise the alert level
[8:08am]ォ Dan_Maku サ What the hell, glas? Is that the trix rabbit amped up on coke?
[8:08am]ォ@ Kapowサ get out of here
[8:08am]ォ HY サ Well that made my fucking day
[8:08am]ォ glasnost サ Dan: it's a sound effect from Umineko
[8:08am]ォ ReijiTabibito サ Good, can you go to bed now?

[8:09am]ォ Crix` サ ATTENSION, THE CURRENT THREAT LEVEL IS ELEVATED
[8:09am] * Dan_Maku knew it was from Umineko, but he always sort of expected a "Kyahahaha" sort oflaugh
[8:09am]ォ@ Kapowサ TROLL THREAT LEVEL: GOLDENROD
[8:09am]ォ+ KChasm サ Goldenrod?!
[8:09am]ォ Dan_Maku サ Wow, that there is a sprightly Flandre
[8:09am]ォ Nameless- サ What are the threat levels, again?
[8:09am]ォ MikoSpark サ R-Rod?!
[8:09am]ォ Crix` サ oh dear
[8:10am]ォ ReijiTabibito サ Ha, ha. Very funny guys. You're a regular Ron White.
[8:10am]ォ Mokotan サ R-rod!?
[8:10am]ォ+ KChasm サ I expected that the threat level might go up to periwinkle--but GOLDENROD?!
[8:10am]ォ MikoSpark サ how lewd...
[8:10am]ォ Crix` サ Reiji you should TAKE IT EASY
[8:10am]ォ glasnost サ we need a "Threat Level: Goldenrod" alert in the topic now
[8:10am]ォ Jerl サ No seriously ReijiTabibito
[8:10am]ォ HY サ Despair, Reiji, for this is what you are up against.
[8:10am]ォ Jerl サ Just ignore the troll
[8:10am]ォ glasnost サ Reiji: lol internet. try to chill.
[8:10am]ォ+ KChasm サ Quickly, put it up in /gensokyo/! Alert the boards!
[8:10am]ォ Jerl サ This is the fucking internet
ササササ Kapow changes topic to 'Welcome to #THP! - The Hermetic Palace | TROLL THREAT LEVEL: Goldenrod | Archives: http://z4.invisionfree.com/touhouvn/index.php?showtopic=176 | ROYAL RAINBOW!! | New address: http://www.touhou-project.com/ | http://tasofro.net/touhou123/download.html TH12.3 v1.03 patch | http://www.gensokyo.org/archives/1032 UFO English'
[8:10am]ォ HY サ lol internet indeed
[8:10am]ォ+ Pygmalion サ Threat Level?
[8:10am]ォ Grilled_Chicken サ *just watched Princess Lover 01*
[8:10am]ォ Dan_Maku サ I have to say I don't know why you got jumped coming in, Reiji, but I may be ignorant of prior history. That said, I wouldn't talk smack to HY, I don't really think he merits it.
[8:10am]ォ Nameless- サ IT seriously takes green text and 2 images to troll you.
[8:10am]ォ+ Pygmalion サ FUCK, ARE WE GOING TO DIE?
[8:10am]ォ@ Kapowサ WATCH OUT FOR TROLLS
[8:10am]ォ Nameless- サ Fuck
[8:10am]ォ MikoSpark サ aww, no more Cirno day... ;_;
[8:10am]ォ ReijiTabibito サ @Jerl: and that's supposed to be a valid excuse?
[8:10am]ォ HY サ No no Dan!
[8:11am]ォ Jerl サ Yes, ReijiTabibito
[8:11am]ォ HY サ Dont stop him!
[8:11am]ォ HY サ I am laughing my ass off

Don't feel like editing the logs.
>> No. 22121
Hey Reiji, Doctor Who sucks.
>> No. 22123
>>22087

I regret missing that.
>> No. 22125
>>22089
Advertising = Good.
Trolling = Bad.

>>22108
It's ironic, really, that you left 4chan because "they're elitist," and thing like that; who's being the elitist now?

>>22121
Your opinion is bad, and you should feel bad.

>>22123
What is this, pick on newfag year?

The presence of anonytroll aside - called = updating = now.
>> No. 22126
>>22125

We didn't leave 4chan because it's elitist you idiot. That elitism you talk about kept us free of people like you for over a year.
>> No. 22127
>>22125
Get out
>> No. 22129
>>22120
cool story bro
>> No. 22130
File 125290537077.jpg - (187.66KB , 700x1500 , 1252636196678.jpg ) [iqdb]
22130
>> No. 22131
>>22130
Am I meant to be TRIPPIN' BALLS at the end of that?
>> No. 22132
>>22131

Get back to work.
>> No. 22134
>>22131
I thought it was only fitting for you to get the position of SHAFT.
Having a good time and being happy.
>> No. 22135
>>22126
>That elitism you talk about kept us free of people like you for over a year.
He's been here since January and he's always been disliked, I don't know what the fuck he's surprised about all of a sudden.
>>/border/13674
>>/eientei/13090
>>/eientei/13308
>>/others/16807
And who could forget his magnum opus, the time he shrilly white-knighted for a gaia fan:
>>/th/89314

>There are many, many things that I could say to all of you - not the least of which would be a long, LONG wall of text about how you all are being supremo-elitist bastards who make groups like the New Aryan Nation and the KKK look like Mister Rogers.

>if you don't like it, THEN HELP MAKE IT BETTER. That, or stop reading it and spreading your hate. So, allow me to make this simple monosyllabic suggestion: if you DON'T have good, helpful things to say, STFU.

>there's nothing wrong with "shallow and shounen-esque" writing - if I recall correctly...oh yes, that's right! Naruto and BLEACH are "shallow and shounen-esque." And yet, somehow, the public LOVES it. How shocking!

>how about the promotion of a little common courtesy and a little more intellectual depth on the board? Or is that TOO HARD for most of you?

>no wonder humanity's going all to hell.

Admittedly, he did make her look a lot better by comparison, so mission accomplished?
>> No. 22136
File 125290931250.jpg - (80.95KB , 1400x1050 , 3077337393061bd943ee7ec8da196c90.jpg ) [iqdb]
22136
Wow, HY posted in my thread. Granted, it was in response that had nothing to do with me, but hey, I'll take him how they come.

---------------------------------

[x] "Yeah, that'd be nice." Let her do what she needs to.
[x] Ask her about Aya.

Her offer to help you sounds good. Normally, you would be hesitant to accept, but if she’s been doing this for a while with Aya, then she’s probably got enough experience to have learned what not to do. At the very least, whatever she does can’t make your back any worse, right? Mind made up, you state your reply.

“Yeah, that’d be nice. Thanks for offering.”

Momizi smiles. “It’s no problem. Now, if you would.” Moving behind you, she gently prods you in the direction of the couch. “Please, sit.” Sitting down on the plush couch, you turn in such a way so that Momizi can reach your back. Behind you, Momizi clears her throat. “If you could remove your coat, please.” Oh, right, you’d left your shoes at the door, but not your coat. Briefly standing, you let the coat slide off your shoulders, drape it over one of the couch’s armrests, and resume your spot on the couch. You feel the cushions shift as Momizi places herself behind you.

“Alright, now hold still.” As she places her hands on top of your shoulders, you instinctively tense up. Momizi may be nice, but she’s still a stranger, and due to your experiences as a mage, it’s difficult for you to trust someone like this so quickly. She picks up on that rather quickly. “Please, try to relax. If you don’t, I can’t really help you.” Sighing, you try to shrug off the apprehension you feel about this. That apprehension soon disappears, along with the ache in your back – Momizi certainly knows what she’s doing. Her fingers carefully probe your pressure points, causing the stress to almost flow out of your body. You sigh again, but this time out of relief, rather than frustration. David had done your back a few times in the past, but that was just stress relief. This – this makes you feel good, as opposed to not bad.

As she massages your back, you ask her: “So, how do you know Aya?”

“Oh! When I joined the Tengu army, she was assigned to me as a mentor of sorts. She’s been around a rather long time compared to me.”

That surprises you. “Aren’t you a little young to be a soldier?” And something bothers you about her last statement – Momizi says Aya’s older than her, but they look about the same age.

“Not at all. All Tengu are trained to defend themselves from a young age, and most end up in the army, one way or another. Though, most of the army are simply reserves, and therefore have time to pursue other employment – like Miss Aya.”

Aya, a soldier? That clashes with what you know of her. “Aya’s in the army?” You can’t see hear, but you can hear the laugh in Momizi’s voice. “I know, right? She doesn’t seem the type – but she’s one of the oldest members of the army. Writing a newspaper is her way of standing aside for younger generations.”

That’s the second time she’s mentioned Aya’s age. Which begs the big question: “How old is Aya?”

“Well, I don’t know specifically, but she’s supposed to be over a thousand years old.”

Say WHAT?! “Oh, I see…” Falling silent, she continues to massage your back.

A few minutes later, she announces: “I’m done! How do you feel?” Standing up, you stretch yourself out. “Great! You’re actually pretty good.” A blush crosses Momizi’s face. “Please, I didn’t do that much, really.” You’re impressed – her modesty is admirable. About to tell her as much, Aya interrupts you both: “Dinner is ready! Come and get it!”

The two of you proceed into the kitchen, where Aya stands next to a stove, clad in an apron, stirring a large pot. Hearing you come in, she indicates with her free left hand a stack of bowls and spoons. “Take one, and I’ll serve you.” Doing so, Aya ladles soup into your bowl, then Momizi’s, and then serves herself. Proceeding out to the main room, you all sit down at the table – you in the chair closest to the couch, with Aya in the chair to your left, and Momizi the one to your right. The two put their hands together and announce in tandem:

“Thanks for the meal!”

You echo them, albeit a little late, and somewhat quieter. That must be a tradition or something. As the three of you eat, you can’t help but notice Aya shooting you constant looks. Looks like your little cannibal joke is still in effect. A few minutes of this go by, when Momizi speaks.

“Miss Aya, is something wrong? You’ve hardly taken your eyes off of our guest.”

Aya looks like she’s about to respond.

[] Say nothing – let Aya speak.
[] Interrupt.
---[] Tell them both the truth, and end the little charade.
---[] Keep up the lie – this is too much fun.
---[] “I confessed my undying love to her in the forest.”
---[] Write-In.
>> No. 22139
[X] Interrupt.
---[X] Tell them both the truth, and end the little charade....
---[X] ...In a bit. Keep up the lie – this is too much fun.

"You know I was just joking back there..."

"...Or was I?"
>> No. 22141
>>22135
you know what the difference between Reiji and Kriss is?
The one learned, improved, integrated and got accepted and respected.
The other one will forever stay a clueless, unwanted newfag.
>> No. 22147
[X] Interrupt.
---[X] Tell them both the truth, and end the little charade....
---[X] ...In a bit. Keep up the lie – this is too much fun.

"You know I was just joking back there..."

"...Or was I?"

Also,
>>22141

Guys could we just stop the the unnecessary flaming/trolling and just go along with the story? If you wanted him to get better then give him pointers instead of unleashing a series of shitstorms on him.
>> No. 22148
>>22147
>Guys could we just stop the the unnecessary flaming/trolling and just go along with the story? If you wanted him to get better then give him pointers instead of unleashing a series of shitstorms on him.

Cute.

You're new here, aren't you?
>> No. 22149
>>22148

I've been here a while. 0/10 Try harder.
>> No. 22150
>Guys could we just stop the the unnecessary flaming/trolling and just go along with the story?

Honestly, watching Reiji freak out is more entertaining than this story could ever be.
>> No. 22155
File 125294662474.jpg - (80.29KB , 500x730 , HealthyAya.jpg ) [iqdb]
22155
Let's just chillax and check out Aya and her small mountains
>> No. 22156
[X] Interrupt.
---[X] Tell them both the truth, and end the little charade.
>> No. 22159
[x] Interrupt.
-[x] Tell them both the truth, and end the little charade.
-[x] Apologize, even if it's not needed.

At least for the sake of Momiji.
>> No. 22161
[x] Interrupt.
---[x]“She confessed her undying love to me in the forest. I told her my heart wasn't ready for such a relationship so soon...”
---[x] Blush, fidget; pour on the theatrics.
>> No. 22162
File 125295876363.jpg - (42.37KB , 533x401 , 1252784544755.jpg ) [iqdb]
22162
Meanwhile at Advent of Reality Bender
>> No. 22166
>>22162

Problem Anonymous?
>> No. 22171
File 12529866246.jpg - (39.32KB , 217x208 , 1225176931615.jpg ) [iqdb]
22171
>> No. 22172
File 125299328114.png - (2.08KB , 175x93 , 1248417424253.png ) [iqdb]
22172
God damn this story really IS fucking awful.
>> No. 22178
File 12530609275.png - (370.93KB , 355x500 , 1241759933472.png ) [iqdb]
22178
ReijiTabibito waited. The screen in front of him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were trolls on the board. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to HY were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Reiji was a newfag for fourteen years. When he was young he read the fanfictions and he said to Anonymous "I want to be the writefag, Anon."
Anon said "No! You are HUGE FUCKING FAGGOT"
There was a time when he believed them. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now on the boards of THP he knew there were trolls.
"This is HY" the radio crackered. "You must report the trolls!"
So Reiji gotted his mouse and clicked the report button.
"HE GOING TO REPORT US" said the Anons
"I will troll at him" said the Cyberanon and he posted the reaction images. Reiji reported at him and tried to get him banned. But then the site suspended and they were trapped and not able to report.
"No! I must report the trolls" he shouted
The radio said "No, Reiji. You are the trolls"
And then Reiji was a faggot.
>> No. 22179
>>22178
Oh god I lol'd.
>> No. 22182
>>22178
Oh my, that piece of classical literature can truly be adapted to any circumstance, well played anon, well played.
>> No. 22185
Hahaha oh wow.

Seriously, Reiji, you don't know how big of a douche you're being, are you? You seriously deserve all the shit you get.
>> No. 22205
>>22147
>>22155

For your support, I thank you.

>>22139
>>22147
>>22156
>>22159
>>22161

For your votes, I thank you.


For everyone else, I thank you.

Because even when I lose, I win.

Updating now.
>> No. 22206
File 125318143227.jpg - (219.11KB , 600x660 , 033f4b415df294ed37fd9a09c07b44a9.jpg ) [iqdb]
22206
[X] Interrupt.
---[X] Tell them both the truth, and end the little charade....
---[X] ...In a bit. Keep up the lie – this is too much fun.

“I can answer that,” you interrupt, waving your left hand. “You see, the truth is, Miss Momizi,” here you pause for dramatic effect, and to let a crazy, manic grin cover your face. “I’m a cannibal.”

Momizi’s eyes widen, her dog-ears begin to tremble, and she drops her spoon. “Wha-what? A cannibal?” Oh, she sounds positively terrified. You prepare to capitalize on this opportunity, when Aya jumps in.

“That’s right, Momi! When I found him in the forest, he told me that he was a cannibal!” The raven-haired Tengu shoves a finger in your face. “And you made a mistake doing it, mister! Because now all Gensokyo is going to know! The Shrine Maidens too – and they don’t take kindly to cannibals!”

Dammit, now Aya has stolen your dramatic thunder. But, you’re not out of tricks yet, no sir. Stretching your grin far enough to make your face hurt, you reply:

“Is that so?”

There is silence in the room for a moment. Then, Aya speaks again, at first with fervor, but as time passes, so does the confidence from her voice.. “Yeah! It is so! Just wait! They’ll stop you. You’ll see.” Now she’s quivering, too, though not as much as Momizi.

Finally, you can’t take any more, and you burst out laughing. “I’m sorry,” you say, wiping your eyes, “I just couldn’t help it.” Comprehension begins to dawn on Aya’s face. “Wait a minute – you mean that…?” You nod. “Yeah, I’m not actually a cannibal. You gave me the opening in the forest, and I took it. Sorry for scaring you like that, I just figured a headline like Cannibals in Gensokyo, or that sort, would be fitting for a tabloid.”

Aya huffs. “It’s NOT a tabloid! It’s a serious newspaper!” Getting the feeling you’re about to get a tirade from Aya, you prepare to try and calm her, when you hear giggling. It’s Momizi. “Momi! How can you laugh at something like this?” Aya’s shock is evident in her tone.

Momizi’s laughter causes her to stutter. “Because-because-because it IS funny! It DOES sound like something a tabloid would say!” Her laughter must be infectious, because pretty soon you’re laughing, too, while Aya wails “Momiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii…”

~~~

All that aside, dinner passes by without further incident. Momizi gathers up the bowls and spoons, and takes them into the kitchen, presumably to be washed, cleaned, and dried. A rather sour look on her face, Aya heads towards the back of the house – a quick glance tells you that she turns at the end of the hall, meaning she’s either gone to the bathroom, or to whatever room that other door led to.

So, now what?

[] Go help Momizi with the dishes.
[] Go pester Aya. Apologize for the cannibal thing again, and promise her a story.
[] Don’t the Japanese take baths in the evening, to relax? Go take one.
>> No. 22207
[X] Go help Momizi with the dishes, then...
[X] ...Go pester Aya. Apologize for the cannibal thing again, and promise her a story....
[X] ...After you take a bath. Don’t the Japanese take baths in the evening, to relax?

Can't think of anything else to add. Walls are wanted.
>> No. 22208
File 125318277870.jpg - (87.96KB , 500x375 , getout.jpg ) [iqdb]
22208
>>22205
>>22206
>> No. 22210
[x] Go help Momizi with the dishes.
--[x] Ask her a little more about herself.
--[x] What exactly do they do up on the mountain?
--[x] Has she seen anybody who looked like outsiders recently?
>> No. 22211
File 125318934393.jpg - (60.18KB , 571x459 , 1251641437366.jpg ) [iqdb]
22211
Why do you make her cry Reiji?
>> No. 22212
[x] Go help Momizi with the dishes.
--[x] Ask her a little more about herself.
--[x] What exactly do they do up on the mountain?
--[x] Has she seen anybody who looked like outsiders recently?
>> No. 22213
File 125319977567.jpg - (13.40KB , 370x268 , suicide.jpg ) [iqdb]
22213
[x] Kill Yourself
>> No. 22214
[x] Go help Momizi with the dishes.
- [x] while doing so, ask her about herself
- [x] as well as what she might have seen outsider wise
[x] Go pester Aya. Apologize for the cannibal thing again, and promise her a story.
- [x] perhaps talk about the media where you come from.
- [x] ask her about her reporting style
[x] Don’t the Japanese take baths in the evening, to relax? Go take one.
>> No. 22217
File 125321310561.jpg - (14.03KB , 150x155 , heavy.jpg ) [iqdb]
22217
HAHA REIJI YOU ARE HUGE FAGGOT

IS FUNNY TO ME
>> No. 22219
>Because even when I lose, I win.

Oh dear, now he's become like YAF. Next thing you know he'll claim he was acting like an idiotic child to "troll" us.
>> No. 22220
>>22219

Does he get a reversed letter to use as his new name?
>> No. 22223
>Because even when I lose, I win.

You're not familiar with the concept of success, are you?
>> No. 22224
File 125329645997.gif - (398.57KB , 220x165 , 1251692043979.gif ) [iqdb]
22224
>>22219
He is clearly not YAF Material. Just your common faggot.
>> No. 22228
[X] Go pester Aya. Apologize for the cannibal thing again, and promise her a story.
[X] Ask about her newspaper.
[X] Ask about the Osiris member she knows about.

I really like this Aya.
>> No. 22236
>>22224

>implying YAF was something unique from a sea of common faggots.
>> No. 22245
>>22236
Yeah, he was a GIGANTIC Faggot. But he was amusing and was a successful troll on top of that.
>> No. 22249
File 125341344632.jpg - (47.36KB , 291x206 , 1235452000699.jpg ) [iqdb]
22249
>>22245
lol

can we stop talking about what a faggot YAF was, and get back to talking about what a faggot Reiji is? let's try to stay on topic here, people
>> No. 22263
>>22249
>get back to talking about what a faggot Reiji is

What more is there to add, you already said everything.
>> No. 22324
Votes tallied and such. Update to appear within the next day or so.
>> No. 22326
File 125374550793.jpg - (11.75KB , 265x297 , 1249435833216.jpg ) [iqdb]
22326
>>22324

Damn, he's still around!