[Return]
Archived thread

File 124387170056.jpg - (328.76KB , 1153x1300 , 蓮子ちゃん~!.jpg ) [iqdb]
20394 No. 20394
Probably the last drawing I'll do for a while. Ah well. Still, it's been fun. I hope you like Renko.
---------------
[] Call the police. Someone, you suspect, should know that there are something call, laws here

Late spring in Kyoto is pleasant on all accounts. The air is cool enough, and the city itself, not quite as claustrophobic as the current capital. You supposed that if you were ever to somehow blend Gensokyo and Tokyo together, this would more or less be the result. The ancient capital, even with the onset of modernization, was still so steeped in magic that you could spot the occasional fairy every now and then. No doubt the older shrines and temples hosted older, more potent entities, but you’ve never really seen the need to cause yourself trouble, so to speak.

But you’re not here just for the fine weather. One single looming obstacle mars the time ahead. An Omiai. A high class one, booked in a very expensive hotel. This meant furisode, tea ceremony and the upper echelons of society. You supposed that your adoptive parents thought that they were doing you a favor, seeing that they’ve gone to all this trouble- not that they were a bad lot actually. You just didn’t connect well to them, and so they maintained an indifferent attitude most of the time.

But every now and then, they took it upon themselves to show you some attention, after all, adopted or not, you’re still a son in the family, though as usual, you personally found it hard to see any potential benefits in the situation. You weren’t even out of university yet, no stable job, no interest in the family business and not related by blood either- nothing really attractive to your standard high class lady.

Still, you had to make the most of a lousy situation, so, with the urgings of both Mari and Ren, you find yourself on a sightseeing tour of Kyoto. If you were going for a matchmaking session at the end of the week, you were going to make sure that, at the very least; your week was going to be a good one. Especially since that it was more or less on Maribel’s expense as well.

You supposed that news of Sanae’s safety had put her in a lasting good mood.

Still…

“Mari went out.” Ren states nonchalantly, throwing herself on the bed alongside you. “She said that she had to prepare for something.”

“Ah…” you grunt, eyes fixated on the show. “Now move over, I sleep on the sofa at night, so let me enjoy the bed as much as I want during the day.” Renko laughs- nothing suggestive. You’ve booked a couple’s single bedroom suit for the three of you- only as a cost saving gesture. Maribel’s family, while considered affluent, didn’t give her that much pocket money. (Though still roughly twice of yours) And so, the past six days passed in a haze of sightseeing. Today however…you think about the suit packed away in your luggage. Ah well, you’ll just have to get it over with, hopefully, without offending anyone important. You’re not getting attached to anyone yet. Not if you can help it.

‘Hey,” Renko begins, unusually teasing for once, “Most men don’t object when a pretty girl sits besides them.”

“Not after I’ve heard you snore.” You reply shortly.

“What! I don’t-“she protests, stopping abruptly as her face colors. “That bad huh…”

You nod sagely, eyes still glued to the screen. “I slept better when that idiot girl was still throwing rocks through my window at night.”

“Oh?” Renko comments, sinking back as well. “That delinquent you mentioned? Did the police get her?”

“Mmm, they got her doing community service- I pity whichever community she services. But last I heard, she was cleaning the algae from the canals- good stuff. Teaches responsibility and what not”

“Mmm, so they got her. A bit light punishment, don’t you think?” Renko asks.

Would you like to clean algae from the canal?” You counter, a rare smile forming. You laugh as Renko returns it, grinning sheepishly. “Besides, she’s only fifteen.” Five hundred actually, but no one else outside Gensokyo should know that. You switch the channels. Gossip, talkshow, ah! Sasuke…but it’s a rerun. Not much point then, since you already know who wins. The news then.

There’s nothing much really, a few celebrity scandals, a few accidents- oh there’s one report about an illegal street race on the Tokyo-Kyoto highway. Police managed to detain two of the cars involved- owned by one Ms Narumi and one Ms Tanizuki, respectively, however a third, supposedly with a trio of girls in furisode, managed to elude the police.

“Lunatics,” Renko scoffs unhelpfully. “A traffic cop and a school teacher- what is the world coming to?” Though from her video game driving skills, Renko just might be the literal pot calling the kettle black. Either way, its almost noon, and Kyoto is too nice to spend your time in the hotel waiting about is it?

And almost on cue, a cheerful tune emanates from Renko’s phone- Mari’s called then. Renkos natches it up at once, a concerned expression clouding her features.

“Hmm? You what?” she vocalizes.

“Right, why didn’t you tell me?” she replies after a pause. “Okay, okay, sure thing.” One final laugh before the line goes off, and the lights on her phone fades.

“Well?” you look up.

“Mari’s not coming back early- she’s…ooh, I’m not going to tell you! Girl stuff!” Renko laughs.

“Got a date?” you ask wryly.

“Hmm…something like that- either way, we have to go out, now, let’s go on a date!” Renko exclaims.

“…Go for lunch, you mean?” you ask dubiously.

“Pfft…you’ve been alone with two charming young women in the same room for a week- and you’re this prim and proper now?” Renko asks, “If you want to look at this from another perspective, this week has been one long ate for you. SO what are you waiting for?” she admonishes. “Let’s go out.”

“…” Oh all right. You can’t say in the hotel room all day anyway. Besides, since Ren wants you out of the hotel room, there must be some reason for it. Though, if Mari brings a friend back, you hope they don’t use the sofa. You sleep there after all.

Though Ren quickly grabs your shoulder and pulls you along. “You’re thinking of something perverted again,” she warns. “Come on, as punishment, lunch is on you.”

Right…but the specifics of female intuition aside, you supposed that paying would be the appropriate thing to do. Besides, you didn’t mind treating your friend every now and then.

Of course you don’t eat at the hotel when on holiday, which defeats the purpose utterly, you look for somewhere local. Snack stands, ramen joints and such- and cheap if possible, though…

[] Yakitori stand. A bit ramshackle, but it smells good.
[] Ramen joint. Highly recommended, from the autographs of many idols and celebrities.
[] Tea shop. The foreign, local experience.
[] Convi-store. Caloriemate, yum.
[] …We’ll walk and see…
-------------------
Slowing down already.

>> No. 20395
[X] Ramen joint. Highly recommended, from the autographs of many idols and celebrities.

Hell, it's the first place I'd go.
>> No. 20396
[X] Yakitori stand. A bit ramshakle, but smells good.

I almost didn't catch that bit about the last participant of the street race... Quite funny though. Too bad the Landlord didn't think too much about it, otherwise he'd have some warning.
>> No. 20397
[X] …We’ll walk and see…

Sometimes it's nice just to spend time with people, yeah?
>> No. 20399
[x] …We’ll walk and see…
>> No. 20400
[X] Ramen joint. Highly recommended, from the autographs of many idols and celebrities.
>> No. 20401
[x] Yakitori stand. A bit ramshackle, but it smells good.
>> No. 20404
[x] …We’ll walk and see…
Perhaps...
>> No. 20405
[X] Ramen joint. Highly recommended, from the autographs of many idols and celebrities.

Sounds good.
>> No. 20406
[X] …We’ll walk and see…
>> No. 20408
>Probably the last drawing I'll do for a while

Why? I like your drawings. Yeah, you may need some practice, but I like them either way. Besides, I'm of the opinion we need more drawfags around here.
>> No. 20411
[x] Yakitori stand. A bit ramshackle, but it smells good.

A bit too obvious of a choice for what I'm thinking, but it's worth a shot.
>> No. 20412
[+] Yakitori stand. A bit ramshackle, but it smells good.
>> No. 20419
[!/] Yakitori stand. A bit ramshackle, but it smells good.

Why the hell not...right? Wink Wink Nudge Nudge
>> No. 20428
File 124391343838.jpg - (236.99KB , 400x697 , 797a422f94a4130f1ead54b7d650a61e.jpg ) [iqdb]
20428
Sorry Anon of >>20283.
We weren't enough to fend off the Geisha Yakumo Squad.
>> No. 20437
[x] Tea shop. The foreign, local experience.

I laughed so hard at the street race.
>> No. 20441
[ze] Yakitori stand. A bit ramshackle, but it smells good.

>>20394
>Probably the last drawing I'll do for a while.
...Wha? Why?! ;_;

>I hope you like Renko.
Well, she's all ri-- oh shit, those are thighhighs.
...Yes, yes I do believe I fancy me some Renko.

>Though, if Mari brings a friend back, you hope they don’t use the sofa. You sleep there after all.
This line had me giggling hard. It's such a telling insight into how he thinks that's... well, it's so very him.

>Police managed to detain two of the cars involved- owned by one Ms Narumi and one Ms Tanizuki, respectively, however a third, supposedly with a trio of girls in furisode, managed to elude the police.
Okay, I get the first two reference, but not the thi--
>>20396
--ohhhhh, shit.

>>20408
What this Anon said.
>> No. 20443
[] Yakitori stand. A bit ramshackle, but it smells good
>> No. 20453
File 124394533365.jpg - (42.59KB , 555x425 , yakitori.jpg ) [iqdb]
20453
[] Yakitori stand. A bit ramshackle, but it smells good.

Much in contrast to her neighbors, the Yakitori stand looks fairly weathered, standing out in front of the pristine brickwork and polished glass of the Tea shop and the well maintained paneling of the Ramen place, though you had to admit, it had a somewhat “distinguished” atmosphere about it. Something about the age smoothed wood, along with the equally old looking proprietor- not to mention the aroma of grilling meat, gave you the feeling of authenticity. This old fellow’s been marinating and grilling for a good long time.

“Yakitori?” you offer, turning to your companion.

“Mmm? I don’t know,” Ren goes on. “Isn’t it more of a “night-time-with-drinks” sort of food?”

“Ah…ramen then,” The place looks good too.

“Don’t feel like it. We had that last night already.” Okay then…which leaves that Tea shop then.

Except it isn’t really a tea shop- in that sense. You note a sullen looking girl- in a maid costume no less, marching to and fro in front of the shop, a sandwich board hanging from her body, complete with a full length snow white wig, hanging all the way own to her calves. No doubt a cosplay café then- and you’re not as savvy as that to bring a girl into one of those places.

“Hi~!” the poor girl calls out, a voice with a desperate lilt to it. She’s really going to do this huh? Even though you’re along with a girl, and with every intent on walking past the place? “Mas-master~!” She bows, a strange stiff gesture, encumbered as she is with the sandwich board, accompanied by a sort of “maid’s spin” where the white wig slips off her head, landing with a sad little plop right into a puddle at her feet.

Renko stares coldly, before taking your hand. “Yakitori huh?” she assents, and you follow wordlessly, leaving the maid to salvage her wig from the sodden morass in the puddle.

The old man as happens, is only too happy for your custom. Clearly an old timer, he proudly claims that he’s been grilling since the end of the war. Never had a day off, nor ever an unsatisfied customer, he states loudly, taking your orders with a flourish, getting a blush and a grin from even Renko. You supposed that his customers came as much for his brimming charisma as for his food.

“Hey, Miss,” he calls, flashing Ren a winning smile, “three chicken gizzards skewers. And a beer, on the house.” He sets the can down on the polished wood, to which Ren grins rather happily. “Not bad, not bad at all,” she whispers gleefully, pulling the metal tab and discarding it. “Still not drinking huh?” she comments, full well knowing the answer already. But, you answer anyway.

“No.”

Now your order comes shortly, along with the old fellow’s commentary on how flavorsome his hand made marinade is. - And also, a pair of flyers, for some concert or the other, nothing you’d be particularly interested in. Though, apparently, Ren thinks otherwise.

“Hey, that’s your sister, huh?” she asks. “She’s performing tomorrow.”

“Is it? She’s an idol after all. At least she’s not doing gravure shots anymore.”

“You don’t sound too happy, hmm?”

“You know.” You reply irritably, “We don’t see eye to eye.”

“Still…” Renko sighs, polishing off her skewers. “You can’t deny that she’s getting popular-“

“Only because so many people like “tsun-tsun” nowadays,” you grumble sourly. “Even to the point of utter stupidity. They’re all waiting for the lovey-dovey bit to emerge- but since I know her personally, I will say she’s lacking in that aspect.”

“Aww? Overprotective feelings, from you?” Ren teases.

“No no no,” you deny firmly, turning to your companion. “If you do get to know her, you’ll see what I mean, she just…likes popularity a bit too much…ah never mind. There’s no point in talking about her behind her back- its no like this will change anything at all. Besides-“

Ren’s look says everything. Her can of beer goes skittering to the flagstones as she jumps back unconsciously as you, thrown forward by a sudden shove from behind, tumble spectacularly into the stools and on the ground, with bits of meat and flecks of sauce showering onto you. You’re sure you’re not hurt, but for a few moments you can’t move, lying there quite stunned, as Renko and the stall’s proprietor jumps to your defense.

Yelling and venomous accusations fill your hearing as you finally regain enough presence of mind to pick yourself off the ground.

“What’s your problem?” Renko is yelling, to someone quite plainly ignoring her. Well, at least it hasn’t degenerated into a brawl just yet. Someone I a maid’s outfit you garner, straightening you skewed glasses with as much dignity you can salvage. In yet another of those ridiculous silvery-white wigs, you assailant turns out to be also ridiculously short, considering the amount of force she’s exerted onto you.

Noting your recovery with great impassiveness, the girl approaches and draws back her fist, upon which the elder man envelops her hand in his. “Not this time, young lady,” he mutters dangerously. “It’s been sixty years since I’ve raised my hand against a lady, but I will insist you stop. Now.” His voice carries command well, you thought.

The wig girl wisely, chooses to end the conflict, though she stops for one last jab before taking off. “That’s for embarrassing my friend earlier,” she hisses, giving you the finger for your troubles, before turning and stalking off, back to that cosplay café. Marisa, Chiko, that idol sister of yours, and now this. Just your luck with women, huh.

“You alright there, young man?” the elder asks, nodding sagely as you nod. “You know what,” he asks, pulling off his cap and allowing his own aged silver lengths to fall free. “I think we’ll go have a little chat with that girl’s boss, hmm? “

“Yes, let’s” you grit your teeth. “Ren? You might want to stay-“

“It’s time to avenge my free beer.” She snorts. “Like I’d let you go in alone.”

The old timer, you note automatically takes the lead, stalking just ahead of the two of you like a predatory animal, with a grim expression and a fey glint in his eye. “Can’t let them molest my customers,” he states as his reason, as if that girl, while no doubt rude, had insulted his mother, instead of one customer he just met. Though, it seems that even he, is saved the trouble, when he’s met at the door, by another white haired girl- still yet shorter than the girl previously.

She isn’t old enough to be working in this place! That fairly accurately portrays your first impression, though, like the other wigged girls, it is soon fairly obvious that she is in fact working here. And that’s she’s older than you, if only slightly.
>> No. 20455
“Is there a problem, Sir?” she asks, a hint of high class formality, quite out of place in this scene, touches her voice. She has a Kyoto accent, which she exploits for a classy feel- almost like being in the presence of nobility. Charming, and for once, you really meant that, though, you supposed that this would be just a light practice for later.

“Yes, where’s that, Fuji-whatever? She’s got an apology to make.”

“She’s just left.” She girl says firmly. “I’m afraid that, sir, that if you want to request for her; you’ll have to come back tomorrow.”

“Not a request, Miss. We’ve a complaint, but not from me. He,” the elder points to you, “got hit from behind by that girl of yours.” The short girl nods. “She’s a bit of a delinquent.” She admits. “She just got here and already she’s done quite a bit of damage- so I suppose I can believe you.” She turns to you, clearly expecting you to say your piece.

[] Er…what’s with all the maids and white wigs?
[] Ask a bit about this delinquent of her’s
[] Let Renko say her piece instead.
[] Let’s not blow this out of proportion. No one was hurt after all. You need to head back to prepare anyway.

Feel free to write in sensibly, once again.
-----------------
Well, I'm leaving this Friday, so I'll try to do an update a day till then. Though on reading material for the trip, the bookstore has got a discount on English books- I've only enough for one, so would you recommend, Twilight, Lord of Rings or what?
>> No. 20457
From Gensokyo's most eligible bachelor, to the city punching-bag. Poor, poor bastard.

[x] Let’s not blow this out of proportion. No one was hurt after all. You need to head back to prepare anyway.
[x] If Ren wants to say her part, she may. You're more forgiving than that - except towards Chiko. She's the only exception.
>> No. 20459
[] Ask a bit about this delinquent of her’s
[] Let’s not blow this out of proportion. No one was hurt after all. You need to head back to prepare anyway.

We must at least know a little more of this person who did such a thing to us.
>> No. 20460
[X] Ask about this delinquent.
[X] Let's not blow this out of proportion, no one was hurt.
[X] Let Renko have her say before you leave.
>> No. 20462
>The old man as happens, is only too happy for your custom. Clearly an old timer, he proudly claims that he’s been grilling since the end of the war. Never had a day off, nor ever an unsatisfied customer, he states loudly, taking your orders with a flourish, getting a blush and a grin from even Renko. You supposed that his customers came as much for his brimming charisma as for his food.

A mysterious stranger appears

>Noting your recovery with great impassiveness, the girl approaches and draws back her fist, upon which the elder man envelops her hand in his. “Not this time, young lady,” he mutters dangerously. “It’s been sixty years since I’ve raised my hand against a lady, but I will insist you stop. Now.” His voice carries command well, you thought.

And holy shit he's a badass!

>“You alright there, young man?” the elder asks, nodding sagely as you nod. “You know what,” he asks, pulling off his cap and allowing his own aged silver lengths to fall free. “I think we’ll go have a little chat with that girl’s boss, hmm? “

I reckon we will!

>The old timer, you note automatically takes the lead, stalking just ahead of the two of you like a predatory animal, with a grim expression and a fey glint in his eye. “Can’t let them molest my customers,” he states as his reason, as if that girl, while no doubt rude, had insulted his mother, instead of one customer he just met.

Gravitas.

[x] Let Renko say her piece instead.
[x] Before you leave, shake this man's hand and tell him your name.
[x] Resolve to eat here in the future.

Let the lady speak.
>> No. 20467
[x] Let Renko say her piece instead.
[x] Before you leave, shake this man's hand and tell him your name.
[x] Resolve to eat here in the future.
>> No. 20471
>>20455
Dear god do NOT touch Twilight. If those two are your only options, go with LoTR, at least it's a classic, even if somewhat overrated. As for twilight, you can get everything you'd ever want out of it from:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Twilight
[x] Let Renko say her piece instead.
[x] Before you leave, shake this man's hand and tell him your name.
[x] Resolve to eat here in the future.
>> No. 20473
[x] Let’s not blow this out of proportion. No one was hurt after all. You need to head back to prepare anyway.
[x] If Ren wants to say her part, she may. You're more forgiving than that - except towards Chiko. She's the only exception.

I love this story, and the increase in updates only makes it sweeter.
>> No. 20475
File 124397531976.jpg - (356.59KB , 640x880 , Fujiwara_no_Meido.jpg ) [iqdb]
20475
>>20455
>“Yes, where’s that, Fuji-whatever? She’s got an apology to make.”

Hey, look. We found a Mokou. Now we just need to extract enough information for Landlord Anon to make the mental link between this little incident and his conversation with Kourin so we can turn in our side-quest.

[x] Ask a bit about this delinquent of her’s
[x] Let’s not blow this out of proportion. No one was hurt after all. You need to head back to prepare anyway.


Also,
>Noting your recovery with great impassiveness, the girl approaches and draws back her fist, upon which the elder man envelops her hand in his. “Not this time, young lady,”
Yakitori-guy is officially a badass for stopping a Falcon Punch.
>> No. 20476
File 124397688658.jpg - (50.50KB , 650x638 , 2cc15fc2c0d64391e81611fd720b9c53.jpg ) [iqdb]
20476
[!/] Ask a bit about this delinquent of her’s
[!/] Let’s not blow this out of proportion. No one was hurt after all. You need to head back to prepare anyway.

Mean Mokou is mean.
>> No. 20477
LoTR is a tad heavy on it's descriptions and the English.
Don't even bother with Twilight, unless you want to rip your eyes out.

I recommend:
Shade's Children by Garth Nix
or
World War Z by Max Brooks
>> No. 20478
Even if you don't like Warhammer 40k, Ciaphas Cain: Hero of the Imperium is a good read, and it's a collection of three novels all rolled into one.

If you do like WH40k, then even better.
>> No. 20479
>>20478

Absolutely. Ciaphas Cain is a must-read.
>> No. 20481
[x] Ask a bit about this delinquent of her’s
[x] Let’s not blow this out of proportion. No one was hurt after all. You need to head back to prepare anyway.

>>20476

Well, we weren't exactly a gentleman to her friend outside.
>> No. 20484
File 124399165015.jpg - (213.44KB , 436x600 , Inquisitor Hammer.jpg ) [iqdb]
20484
>>20478
I'm an agent of the Imperium, and I approve of this message.
>> No. 20486
File 124399426517.jpg - (147.35KB , 504x504 , chaos.jpg ) [iqdb]
20486
[x] Ask about this delinquent.
[x] Let's not blow this out of proportion, no one was hurt.
[x] Let Renko have her say before you leave.
[x] Resolve to eat here in the future.
>> No. 20487
>>20481
Not that we even did much during said scene. We had sort of BSoD'd.
>> No. 20488
>>20487

True, but doing nothing is probably what pissed Mokou off.
>> No. 20489
File 124400006946.jpg - (28.35KB , 400x267 , 1243998202277.jpg ) [iqdb]
20489
>> No. 20490
[X] Er…what’s with all the maids and white wigs?
[X] Ask a bit about this delinquent of her’s
[X] Let Renko say her piece.
[X] Resolve to eat at the man's stand again. Also, get his name.
>> No. 20491
[x] Let’s not blow this out of proportion. No one was hurt after all. You need to head back to prepare anyway.

No more drawings comes with more writing to balance it out, I hope.

About the books: Unless you're a fat unloved goth girl, steer clear of twilight.

If you just want it for vocabulary, Lord of The Rings might be too archaic, great read though.

I notice you only listed fantasy books, you could go with that other anon's suggestion, or perhaps try the His Dark Materials trilogy, by Philip Pullman.

If you're into Sci-fi, Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card is also a worthwhile read.
>> No. 20492
If you like fantasy I suggest buying anything by Raymond E. Feist. If the store doesn't have any of his works, what >>20477 and >>20478 suggested are great choices as well.
>> No. 20504
>>20455
WTF, Mokou owns a maid cafe?
That's... that's just wrong, man.

Anyhow,
DO
NOT
FUCKING
READ
TWILIGHT

http://shinga.livejournal.com/478415.html
If your curiosity is insatiable, follow along as this person amusingly but accurately summarizes the first book, chapter by chapter, then ask yourself: "Could I really stand three more fucking books of this utterly inane shit?"

Go read Snow Crash, by Neal Stephenson.
>> No. 20505
>>20504
Oh, I guess she doesn't own it. Never mind.
>> No. 20510
File 12440182536.jpg - (224.74KB , 450x580 , Renko.jpg ) [iqdb]
20510
>>20491>>20492>>20504
Well...its a small bookstore, and focused on local stuff, so the English books they have is mainstream fiction only. Thanks for the recommendations. There was a Twilight shrine there though and the official reviews seemed good...
-----------
[] Let Renko say her piece.
[] Ask a bit about this delinquent of her’s
[] Let’s not blow this out of proportion. No one was hurt after all. You need to head back to prepare anyway.
[] Resolve to eat here in the future.

“You!” Renko gasps, looking over the petite manager’s shoulders, right to another girl, who’s just emerged from behind a curtained doorway.

“Is there a problem manager-san…” though, her vice trails off to nowhere when she notes a livid Ren staring her down- not to mention the elder and yourself for that matter. Understandably, she’s more focused on Renko - your old friend could be quite intimidating, for her size when the situation warranted it. Wisely, the maid hasn’t worn that white wig this time.

“You lying little-“

“Enough! Let’s talk this over civilly.” The manager requests firmly- though, from her tone, it’s more of an order than a request. “Frisca, prepare a private dining room, and bring us some…tea or coffee, Miss, Sirs?” she asks, brooking a no nonsense demeanor.

“Tea’s fine.” Renko stumbles, looking abashed at the rather odd turn in events.

“Your hospitality is appreciated, Tea would be fine,” the elder laughs, and you find yourself nodding along without much thought.

“Tea then. Please follow Frisca.” She nods, business like, and glides off, seemingly more at home in a high society function, rather than in a cosplay café. “I’ll be along shortly.”

“What’s with her?” Ren asks, animosity quite forgotten at that.

“Oh, that’s how she is- she’s not acting,” the maid claims, as you follow her lead towards a side room, which turns out, against your expectations of the place, to be a well it, airy place, set neatly with solid wooden furniture and a good window view overlooking the street to add to the deal. Pristine white tablecloth impeccably set with cutlery and glasses, you supposed that it was rather tastefully done.

“Manager san joined us about two weeks back- and wow, she just bowled us over with her personality.” The maid gushes. “Like some sort of nobility- the boss and the customers liked that so…”

“Right, right.” Ren interrupts sharply. “Now, tell me, what did you tell that,” she puts some emphasis on “that”. “-horrible person to get her so worked up so as to attack someone in broad daylight?”

“Me?” the poor girl exclaims. “I didn’t do anything! All I did was go in and then she was shaking me and yelling something bout what that fellow did to me!”

“What did I do to you again?” you, rather curious rather than angry. After Chiko, most of these situations were cakewalks.

The girl stops short, face reddening. “Nothing really…she just wanted a go at you because you ignored me- she’s a bit overprotective you see.” She admits. “Especially when guys are involved.”

“You don’t say.” Ren comments dryly.

“Well…” she continues in a small voice. “She came in few days after manager-san- perfect for the job- her hairs already white- I think she dyed it or something, so she got hired, but she’s not suited for this job…but I appreciate her protection! I really do!” she stresses. “But, you know…I think she’s got trouble with her fami-“

The door opens, revealing the manager, moving in gracefully, arms laden with a tray bearing a teapot and several teacups, European style. “Please sit,” she ushers, setting the cups down with little ceremony and finally placing the steaming pot in the center of the table.

“I suppose that you would like to know more?” she asks.

“That’s why we’re here.” The elder replies smoothly.

“Very well, but first, I would ask you not to blow this out of proportion. She’s had a hard life as well.” The manager requests- quite sincerely much to your surprise. You had expected perhaps some formality so as not to implicate the shop but…ah well…

“It’s up to you, young man.” The elder urges.

There’s no point in really pressing the matter, is there? You’re not injured in any way, besides your dignity of course, though… She’s right though- you could be (and should be) magnanimous.

As it turns out, that spitfire of a girl calls herself Fujimoto, and is supposedly estranged from her family. Also a steadfast punk and self proclaimed anarchist, and, as the manager states in utter seriousness, keeps babbling something about rabbits on the moon.

“You serious?” you just had to ask.

“Well, young man, it’s no more hard to believe than demonic cherry trees. You get a lot of these stories when you’re on the streets.” The elder laughs.

“And, a flying teacher- that one is a good one.” The manager states, flat faced, still every inch the perfect façade of a noblewoman despite the out of the ordinary material that she’s using for the topic of the conversation. “Ah! Not to mention an imperishable night.”

“Oh!’ Ren chips in happily, finally having a topic she can relate to. While often dragged along unwillingly on Mari’s adventures, even more so than yourself, Ren is, after all, a co founder of the occult club- which entails a certain amount of willing participation. “You know about the sealed land of Gensokyo right?”

The effect is rather good to say the least- with everyone staring at her like she’s turned yellow or something. Till…

“Of course, Miss,” the old man laughs finally. “Fairies, youkai and miko. I’ll tell you, one of my old customers, talks like he’s lived there. Good times, good times…” he trails off, looking distant.

“She’s mentioned it, once or twice.” The manager admits, looking at Ren curiously, “Though it appears that this little tidbit is better known than I’d have expected. Odd.” She pauses, looking pensive for once, deep in though till she looks up, right at Ren, appearing to have decided something, visibly relaxing. “I’ve heard this from our Miss Fujimoto,” she stresses that part. “That-“

Good gracious. You could really bang your head against the table now. Listening on as all three of their stories grow progressively more and more exaggerated, and their laughs more and more forced as they realize what nonsense they’re spouting. There are no trials of guts” through the bamboo forests, so far as you know, nor people who spend more time a day eating than doing anything else- and Reimu’s grandmother didn’t fly about on a turtle and...oh forget it… But is fairly ironic that you’re not considered a reliable source on this matter- still, it’s a good thing and you intend to leave things as it is.
>> No. 20511
You part fairly cordially, you supposed, with the lithe form of the manager retreating to the lacy depths of the shop, having come to an understanding- and a total victory for her side on all accounts- have extracted a promise not to pursue the matter from yourself. And much to your surprise, you’ve spent a little more time inside that overly frilly shop than you had expected- evening is near approaching. Even if you don’t intend on doing anything, you shouldn’t really be late, should you.

But before that…

”My name?” the elder asks, looking genuinely surprised. “What you want to know that for? Most of customers just call me “Danna”…” he laughs heartily. “Joking, kidding.” He placates, noting Ren’s rather scandalized glance. “After the war, the Yankees called me “Yoh” and it stuck”, he says. It’s not his full name, but, you know better than to pry too deeply, though you do make a resolution to patronize his stand when you have chance.

“And where are you going?” Ren asks later back at the suite, as you quickly pull on your formal clothing.

“Dinner. Parents.” You mumble. The last thing you need is more Mari and Ren to know you’ve been set for an Omiai.

“Them? I guess you have to talk to them very now and then...” she concedes. “Guess I’ll just watch some drama then…” she continues, though she smiles cheekily. “Or maybe I’ll dress up and come along- introduce me to your parents hmm?” Goodness…imagine that. Bringing a girl to a matchmaking event. You shudder at the thought. You feel secure though, that you were prudent enough not to tell your sister figure about this.

“You know how they are, Ren.” You reply sourly. “Anyway, I’ll be leaving now, and you haven’t showered yet.”

“Aw, alright, here, straighten your tie.” She smiles standing and doing it for you. “Not bad, not bad at all. Pity you don’t dress up more often- or I might seriously consider you.”

“…right…” you reply, looking at Ren oddly. Still, you have to leave, before you’re late. Amanohashidate- high society accommodations complete with a Japanese styled banquet hall fit for the emperor, no doubt filled, by now with hosts of blithering young men and women with more money than common sense, but…

On hindsight- these high class events were quite unlike the mass group date/rampage you had imagined, probably due to both side’s parents having agreed before hand on the meeting and place. But you weren’t to know that till later at least. Getting a taxi and nearly getting run over in the process, you still make some good progress, reaching the front door of the place before too long, and feeling quite awkward when you find yourself unable to blend into the crowd of well dressed parasites- due to the lack of one.

A valet leads you to a fair sized sitting room, with three people present- two young ladies in furisode, the epitome of Japanese grace and beauty, you supposed. It had to be hard, to act graceful in stuffy clothes though. One, the other man, turned out to be thirty, and figured that his parents were matching him to a sixteen year old in the blue patterned fabric. Which meant that the other girl would be your probable match- the one nervously looking away, dressed in an eye catching wheat yellow piece.

Mmmm…she’s blond too, matching the color of her fabric…natural by the looks of it, maybe she’s Eurasian? Still…she looks familiar somehow…

You nearly drop your drink. “Yukari??” you whisper agitatedly. “How-“

“What?” the girl growls. “What are you yapping about? Don’t you recognize me?”

“Oh, what the-“you pause for breath, composing yourself before your blurt out anymore nonsense. “Maribel! What are you doing here? Why didn’t you tell us?” You step back. Even now, after so long, the ways the two resemble one another is almost scary. Yukari was slightly taller, and that was it.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Maribel counters, eyes narrowing. “I’ve spent five hours being stuffed into various outfits by my family retainers and was thinking that I didn’t want the two of you to get caught up in this nonsense. Do you know how uncomfortable this furisode is?”

“I ah…you just don’t talk about these things…” you finish lamely.

“That’s your excuse?”

“Yeah, but if you’ve told me about this earlier, we could have avoided this stupidity.” You counter weakly.

“I…ah! Nevermind. Let’s just sit eat once they serve dinner, and get this over with, alright?” Mari rarely gets agitated, and when she does…Well, at any rate you just comply and go along with it. “They’ll be starting soon?” you ask.

“There are four more people…” Mari replies shortly. “At least you’re the youngest one here. I took a look at the register.” That really doesn’t sound good, does it? Still, you wait patiently as more people arrive. The valet admits another man, seemingly in his twenties and another girl- perhaps at Mari’s age. Finally, the door wrings open one more time- and a white haired girl steps in, scowling at anyone who dares look at her.

“Oh hell…you?” you recognize her immediately- there are just so many white haired people in the human realm after all. (Discounting the elderly) Why is she here? Of all places. You’re obviously really fretting now- even Mari looks at you funny. And almost inevitably, she crosses the room in an unladylike swagger- much in despite of her restrictive formal wear, and throws herself into the seat across from you.

“What?” she growls, noting the menfolk’s stares. “Never seen hair before?”

You remain quite silent- hopefully, and optimistically, she won’t recognize you- and thank heavens she doesn’t. The suit must have done the trick huh.

Still, you’ve a good idea of her origins now, which brings you to another problem- how to confront this spitfire while not ruining the Omiai… Put your wits to the test huh…

Dealing with Maribel

[] Just get through this. We’ll both laugh at this once it’s over.
[] ….At least it’s a free meal.
[] Introduce Maribel to Fujiwara- that’ll let Fujwara drop her guard
[] Oh well… treat this as a date. It won’t hurt.

Dealing with “Fuji-wara”
[] Confront Directly.
[] Subtle probing.
[] Hmm…the same trick as you did with Aya. Rattle off a list of names only someone from Gensokyo would know. But in front of Maribel?

A write in is encouraged for this.
-----------------------------
Note: this is not how a traditional Omiai works- rather is is a contemporary style Omiai- more like a high class group date.
>> No. 20512
-Dealing with Maribel:
[X] …At least it’s a free meal.
[X] Just get through this. We’ll both laugh at this once it’s over.
-Dealing with “Fuji-wara”:
[X] Treat her as if you've just met her. No sense tipping your hand.

Ahhh, as impressive as these arrangements may be, all I really want to do is see Sanae again.

Sanae, who suddenly disappeared one day. She's...she can't just do that, vanish from our life without even a word of warning. It's not right. It's not...not right at all.

Sanae. Take responsibility for your actions and...meet with us again, alright?

Please.
>> No. 20513
-Dealing with Maribel:
[X] …At least it’s a free meal.
[X] Just get through this. We’ll both laugh at this once it’s over.
-Dealing with “Fuji-wara”:
[X] Treat her as if you've just met her. No sense tipping your hand.

I'm surprised Landlord hasn't gone mad yet.
>> No. 20515
Mari:
[x] Just get through this. We’ll both laugh at this once it’s over.
"Fuji-wara:"
[x] Subtle probing.

Pique Mokou's interest so she'll talk to us after this is over. Though, the Mokou situation may be moot if Yukari finds her way here.

>>20512

Let's deal with the situation at hand. We can speak with Sanae when we're back in Gensokyo.
>> No. 20516
>>20510

You must have read Hungry Youkai's SDM story.
>> No. 20522
[X] Oh well… treat this as a date. It won’t hurt.
[X] Subtle probing.

I'm waiting for Yukari to make her entrance.
>> No. 20526
-Dealing with Maribel:
[X] …At least it’s a free meal.
[X] Just get through this. We’ll both laugh at this once it’s over.
-Dealing with “Fuji-wara”:
[X] Treat her as if you've just met her. No sense tipping your hand.
>> No. 20528
Dealing with Maribel
[+] Oh well... treat this as a date. It won’t hurt.
Dealing with "Fuji-wara"
[+] Subtle probing.

On one hand, we're straightforward and serious-minded when the situation begs it; on the other hand, I want to offhandedly comment "Traffic through the Border must be hell this time of the year--?"
>> No. 20530
[X] …At least it’s a free meal.
[X] Just get through this. We’ll both laugh at this once it’s over.
-Dealing with “Fuji-wara”:
[X] Treat her as if you've just met her. No sense tipping your hand.
>> No. 20533
File 124405409939.jpg - (602.04KB , 997x1200 , f87e7d9bf366ad19f54b9acb6e725d4e.jpg ) [iqdb]
20533
If they don't have ATLEAST have Hatchet by Gary Paulsen or Animal Farm by George Orwell there, I cannot call it a bookstore.

>There was a Twilight shrine there though and the official reviews seemed good...

VOTEPAD!/

-Dealing with Maribel:
[y] …At least it’s a free meal.
[y] Just get through this. We’ll both laugh at this once it’s over.
-Dealing with “Fuji-wara”:
[y] Treat her as if you've just met her. No sense tipping your hand.

VOTEPAD!/>There was a Twilight shrine there though and the official reviews seemed good...

VOTEPAD!/
>> No. 20534
-Dealing with Maribel:
[y] …At least it’s a free meal.
[y] Just get through this. We’ll both laugh at this once it’s over.
-Dealing with “Fuji-wara”:
[y] Treat her as if you've just met her. No sense tipping your hand.
>> No. 20536
>Treat her as if you've just met her. No sense tipping your hand.

So, we're not going to make sure she's the same Fujiwara or anything? Or are we trying to get on her good side before probing about Gensokyo? Lack of reasoning with the votes has me wondering.
>> No. 20543
File 124408450535.jpg - (72.10KB , 572x800 , 11dc771e0cb9fc51a406ad1628fa6230.jpg ) [iqdb]
20543
My probable last update for a while. Thanks for reading, thus far.
---------------------
[] ….At least it’s a free meal.
[] Just get through this. We’ll both laugh at this once it’s over.
[] Treat her as if you've just met her. No sense tipping your hand.

As you’re ushered towards private booths, along with Maribel, you note that the white haired girl is still waiting, seated demurely, for once, upon one of the push chairs in the sitting room- her match apparently having not arrived yet, and rather than take her seat before whoever it was, she’s decided to wait. Odd, considering how she’s acted thus far.

“Come on,” Maribel urges, settling down upon her place at the table. “Let’s get this over with huh.” She gives you a wry smile, lowering herself into the cushion with practiced ease.

“You done this before, hmm?”

Maribel lets out a small laugh. Yes, yes,” she admits.” You know how my family is- they let me run wild, so long as I go back very now and then and perform my obligations- learn tea ceremony, arrange flowers, that sort of thing.”

“…All that and still achieving an elite’s GPA. I feel so inadequate now-“you comment, getting a laugh for your troubles.

“Ooh, flatterer.” She accuses.

“Heh….just part of my charm I guess?”

“Now you’re just getting full of yourself.”

At one point amidst the food and drink, the conversation turns to what you’re going to tell your respective parents later on, though the consensus is- it’s too early for this sort of thing. In most of the modern world, marriages couldn’t be forced anyway. Maribel (not Mari, considering the setting,) will remember this little soiree in the years to come and laugh- and so will you. Though, you’re quite getting ahead of yourself there.

Suffice to say, you’ve rarely seen Maribel in this light. Always as a schoolmate, close friend, a casual date- but rarely (never) as a prospective partner. Still… she returns your less than confident smile with a grin of her own, determined to have as much fun as possible in lieu of the situation.

“Hey, let’s get some air- there’s a veranda just past the sitting room.” Maribel suggests, when the waitress had given the two of you some privacy.

Escape! Finally! You readily loosen your tie and allow the cool breeze to play across your face with a sigh of relief, as you pass the double doors. These stuffy affairs were never meant for you, or Maribel it seems. She’s thrown aside her geta and is walking bare, rotating her ankles every now and then to get the circulation going. You note that she’s maintained seiza for nearly half an hour. Formidable indeed.

“Hey watch it” someone calls angrily, dodging from the door’s arc.

“You’re…?” you begin- though it quickly becomes unmistakable. Not many young people have a full head of white hair after all.

“What?” the girl accuses, her voce fairly unsteady. It’s obvious that she’s had a drink, a loose cigarette dangling from her lips- still unlit. She’s got a decidedly unhappy look about her. Right…you’ll have to treat her as if you’ve never seen her before- no indication of this afternoon’s proceedings whatsoever…

“Oh,” Maribel cries out. “I’m so sorry!”

“…” the white haired girl turns to her.

“He,” Maribel begins voice thick. “He didn’t come did he?”

The girl looks at Maribel, then to you. To your surprise- her expression changes so abruptly that you almost couldn’t believe it, cigarette dropping from her lips to the ground as her eyes begin to water. “…No….” she mumbles, taking Maribel’s offered shoulder. “He promised! And- and….”

“I’m sorry- but I think you could give us some privacy-“ Maribel states levelly, leading the distraught girl aside.

You give way willingly- this wasn’t an area of your expertise after all. Coming out Gensokyo and falling in love with a human? Well… you’ve seen and heard odder things. Maribel- she’s all yours. You supposedly didn’t know her in the first place anyway, watching the two from the other side of the glass paneling. Quite, alone now.

Oh well. You lean against the veranda’s rails, looking at the pavement below, to the main entrance to the hotel’s plush lobby- and the side entrance to the restaurant, where it appears a fair commotion is taking place. Not thugs or Yakuza- oh no, three ladies in furisode- obviously being refused entry, one floor below you.

“Look, Miss, private invitation only.” The flustered doorman insists, looking more ragged by the second.

“See, you never plan these things through-“the tallest woman accuses, looking toward Maribel? What’s she doing –oh. Maribel isn’t wearing purple, is she? You’ll have to help them- there’s no doubt about it. Oh well, you turn back to the hallway, searching for Maribel and Fujiwara- both not in sight, Good then- the less people get involve in this, the better.

Right turn, now down the stairs- no point waiting for the lift, is there? Round the corner and- right smack into someone.

“You alright there, Master Miz-“ a deep voice asks in concern, though you interrupt quickly. “Quite alright, thanks!” you answer, pushing pass without warning. Rude, yes, but considering the situation. “Is Mari-“ but its too late for that. You’re already past him. Halfway down the lobby when there’s yet another interruption.

“Oiya!” Someone crows triumphantly, grabbing your sleeve with more force than necessary, spinning you to face her. Oh why now, of all times…
>> No. 20544
“Good Evening, sister.” You say, a bit stiffly, you’d have to admit, but, with her own eyes staring you down as well… “Hey, still as socially repressive as always huh, onii-sama?” she forces herself on that last word. She’s never said that willingly before- and probably never will. “Mother! Father!” she calls. “I’ve found him!”

“Hey, let me go,” you request, intoning her name slowly for emphasis. “I’ve got some business to take care off.” You look over to the door- where things don’t look good. The doorman’s threatened to calls security. Yukari does know how to make a scene huh. You briefly wonder why she didn’t just gap herself in- maybe the boundary’s not being cooperative today.

But and hand pulls your head down to her level. “You will call me Parsee.” Your little sister states menacingly. “Remember that.” She adds for emphasis. “Mizuhashi Parsee.”

You nearly swear. She’s still insistent on being called by her stage name huh? Star idol Mizuhashi Parsee doesn’t like her real name so she only uses her stage name- what sort of nonsense is that? She never dares acts this way in front of Mother and Father, but to you, her honored adopted brother...

You supposed the feeling is mutual though. As much as she loathes you- you have as much a lack of respect for prancing around on stage brimming with feigned (or not feigned) jealousy, “tsundere” and all that nonsense. But as usual- there are more important matters at hand than wrangling with your sister- With Yukari getting closer to getting thrown out every second, and your honored adopted parents bearing down on you. Oh? You need more of a challenge do you? Well it seems Maribel has just popped out as well, accompanied by the weepy Fujiwara- and the man you ran into earlier- her father.

Priorities, priorities….

[] Rescue Yukari. Save the lady! Everything else- not important.
[] You’re trapped, by your honored (idiot) sister no less. Deal with your parents as quickly as possible, and then do what you must.
[] You’ve really insulted someone here. You’ll have to make amends first- especially since he practically owns the place.

Feel really free to do a creative write in.
----------------------
I hope my way of easing into the Chireiden arc isn't too overly done or too well...cheap. Idol Parsee and moe Parsee are well...different issues.
Hopefully, I'll get some nice fresh ideas and perspectives over the next two weeks- maybe do a bit of reading as well.
And you guys, I really appreciate all the help you've given,and interesting write ins. I'll be back in two weeks or so- thanks alot.
>> No. 20545
[] Rescue Yukari. Save the lady! Everything else- not important.
>> No. 20546
[x] Rescue Yukari. Save the lady! Everything else- not important.

Landlordanon cares for few things outside of family & friends.
>> No. 20547
[x] Rescue Yukari. Save the lady! Everything else- not important.
>> No. 20548
[x] You’ve really insulted someone here. You’ll have to make amends first- especially since he practically owns the place.
>> No. 20549
[x] Rescue Yukari. Save the lady! Everything else- not important.

Our real family comes first.

Also, I didn't expect that from Mokou. Wonder who the poor sod is.
>> No. 20550
[x] Rescue Yukari. Save the lady! Everything else- not important.
Parsee, eh? Half of GSK seems to be out on an excursion these days.
>> No. 20551
>>20511
>“After the war, the Yankees called me “Yoh” and it stuck”, he says. It’s not his full name, but, you know better than to pry too deeply
SON OF A BITCH
IT'S
YOUKI.

>>20533
I have no idea what the fuck you're trying to do, but it looks really bad when you do it.

>>20544
Fuck
>> No. 20553
[X] Rescue Yukari, save the lady! Everything else comes second.
[X] Make your apologies afterwards, no sense letting the insult fester.

The Yakumo's are the closest thing the Landlord's got to a genuine family.
Ran's the mother figure, Chen's the adorable little sister, and Yukari's the cool big sister. And they're always there for him, even if he winds up ignoring them.

His adoptive parents on the other hand, barely pay attention to him, his 'sister' loathes him...

Yeah, like anyone would need much more encouragement to help out in that situation.
Go Landlord, save your real family!

Course, that may involve the Landlord blowing his cover twoards Maribel... Eh, who cares?
>> No. 20555
[X] Rescue Yukari. Save the lady! Everything else- not important.

Family ties. Real family ties. Although, Parsee for a sister is astounding.

I feel a bit bad for upsetting Fujiwara and leaving Maribel to deal with the trouble, but Yukari really needs to be saved before anything worse can happen.
>> No. 20556
[X] Make your apologies afterwards, no sense letting the insult fester.

I like this, so it gets a vote.
>> No. 20560
File 124409227826.png - (178.01KB , 600x450 , 443c44141f3ba68a67729a32660964e8.png ) [iqdb]
20560
[!/] Rescue Yukari. Save the lady! Everything else- not important.
>Half of GSK
>GSK

Who? And the intrepid heros last name is Mizuhashi too...
>> No. 20562
[x] Rescue Yukari. Save the lady! Everything else- not important.

Oh god, Weepy Mokou? Sister Parsee? I don't know what even how...

Whatever, save your real family.
>> No. 20565
With Parsee for a sister, I can only imagine how she'll react to seeing Landlord treating Yukari and Chen as real sisters. Prepare for a sudden turn in your relationship with her as Parsee begins to grow jealous of the Landlord's other sisters having that sort of relationship with him, and grows jealous of them for having a real, close brother. Once she learns the value of a family maybe some dere will be unearthed from that mountainous tsuntsun of hers.
>> No. 20567
[x] Rescue Yukari. Save the lady! Everything else- not important.

Seems like a nice season finale to end on for two weeks. I do enjoy this story very much.
>> No. 20568
>>20562
>Sister Parsee

Goddamit. Now you have me imagining Parsee in a nun's outfit.
>> No. 20570
File 124414585986.jpg - (113.17KB , 575x750 , c765ed159a495c54ae223a64b20f2833.jpg ) [iqdb]
20570
>>20568

As much as I would want to LOLQUICKVECTOR Index into a Parsee right now, that thought is very nice.
>> No. 20759
That's one week down, one to go.
>> No. 20813
File 124512216985.jpg - (141.63KB , 798x810 , yukari.jpg ) [iqdb]
20813
I'm back and back to study. I'll try to write at least twice a week though, sometimes, more than this will be really hard.
------------
[] Rescue Yukari. Save the lady! Everything else- not important.

Well, your priorities should be quite obvious by now, shouldn’t they?

That older sister of yours…why doesn’t she ever seem to think these things through before attempting something like this? With countless decades of life’s experiences, one would have though that she’d put it to good use more often than not. Still…Yukari has always been a little above the usage of common sense- all part of her whimsical charm (or not).

They’re just a few meters away now- dressed in the dusty old furisode you’ve seen- the ones kept securely in three bound chests in Yukari’s room. You’ve guessed that the cloth must have been ancient, but the fabric is probably as pristine as the day it was dyed, so long ago. She would’ve fit in this place perfectly, if not for the slight oversight that its invitation only, no matter how well you were dressed. Ran and Chen are recognizable now- you’ve become so accustomed to see them with their tails and ears exposed that you’ve forgotten they could, if necessary perform a little alteration to conceal them.

The doorman gestures wildly, as Yukari raises an admonishing finger, words drowned out by the collective murmur of the crowd- not a good thing, considering that the less attention this gets, the better. But you can still salvage the situation, you still have time- a little, you’re almost there now.

Not as planned. Out of nowhere, the object of your focus gets hurled forward, tackled from behind by someone, as the crowd lets out a cry- a woman’s scream and several gasps, and your own, as your legs get swept out from under you, faster than you can think. Down on your back once more, you recover somewhat, blinking and gasping for breath, as Maribel’s face fills your vision, offering you a hand.

“Here,” she urges, as you take it, pulling yourself to your feet.

“Ah, thanks…” you mumble, attention occupied at the moment. Understandable, since there are two women rolling about on the floor at your feet.

“Got you!” one crows triumphantly, obviously a police officer in uniform, her hat having been flattened a few meters away from a stray footfall. “I’ve finally got you! Stop struggling!” She orders, dragging the bedraggled looking Yukari back, much to the doorman’s obvious relief.

“Hey! Let go!” your sister figure returns, twisting, her hair falling out its neat bun, struggling to break the female officer’s hold on her. “Argh!” But abiding with the great weakness afflicted on most of her kind in the human realm, she’s slowly, but surely tiring against the officer’s ever tightening grip. But she doesn’t open a gap, or manipulate the boundary-not here. You don’t know why, but perhaps it’s that she’s in the middle of a crowd, or maybe she can’t concentrate with a police officer manhandling her around the marble floor, or maybe even a restriction of some obscure law governing her power over the boundaries of things.

You don’t know. But either way, Yukari finally submits, sinking down with a sigh, and allowing the officer to catch her breath. “You’re…hah…coming with…me….” She gasps, pulling out handcuffs. “Been…chasing…you…all day…You can’t beat the Kyoto…Traffic, Dept….so easily, hah!” You look on, stepping backwards with Maribel at your side, noting that Ran and Chen, have, wisely, or perhaps on Yukari’s orders, disappeared from sight.

“Oh wow- what a commotion.” Maribel comments blandly, leading you away. “Let’s not watch, they may want to take our statements…anyway, both our parents are already waiting.” She walks, slowly, restricted as she is in her outfit, though the milling crowd does make way for her, giving you easy passage. It does take some effort, however, not to turn back- Yukari’s in the hands of the law now and there’s nothing much you can do about it. At least for now. You’ll need to think of something.

But now, more unpleasant matters.

“Your debut was a success, it seems, Miss Mizuhashi.”” Maribel’s father rumbles on. For such a wholly Japanese man- it is very obvious that there’s foreign blood in his veins. He’s blond, just like his daughter. He’s talking to that sister of yours who’s all smiles and laugher now, turning that charm on for full effect, with both your adoptive parents hovering about, proudly in the background. “You’ve inherited your mother’s talent, it seems.” He continues.

“Thank you, sir.” Your sister replies politely (a rare occasion). “I’m really flattered.” Very nearly curtseying, right there and then, in the middle of the lounge area. Only that that would be stupid. Pleasantries aside, Maribel’s father seems to be engaged in some business or the other with your own parents, but otherwise quite amicable, even joking with the two waitresses arriving to cater for drinks. He, thankfully, seems rather unperturbed over your earlier rudeness.

“You’re Maribel huh?” Parsee asks, staring your friend down, eyeing especially, Maribel’s hair. “Is it natural?”

“Yes it is. My mother was blond- and I’ve an ancestor who was European.” Maribel answers shortly.

“Hah? Really?” Your sister replies dismissively. “You should take better care of it- most of us have to dye it the way we like it.” She says, snorting as Fujiwara walks past, silver locks trailing behind her. “And sometimes, the color turns out funny.”

“I’ll keep that in mind.” Maribel replies. She’s shakes her head at you, the moment your sister turns away, to call on the two waitresses.
>> No. 20814
“Why did she call herself Parsee?” Maribel asks finally. “It doesn’t really mean anything does it?”

Don’t know,” you answer with a shrug, mind still occupied on Yukari’s less than ideal exit. “Probably because it sounds cute, I guess?”

“Is it?” Maribel continues, eyeing your sister rather unhappily. “Nothing for me, thank you,” she declines politely, when the two waitresses approach her. “

“And what can I get you, Sir?” a rather familiar voice asks, a little strained.

“Soda, tea. Anything?” another, much younger pipes up.

“Nothing for me as well, thank you.” you answer, not bothering to look.

“No I insist, you get something to drink-“the waitress replies, whispering into your ear,

“What? Who-“ you look up sharply. “-Oh.”

It’s Ran. Kitsune, bound as Shikigami or not, are usually expert shape shifters, but Ran is instantly recognizable up close, even without her tails, even dolled up as she is in the place’s waitress uniform- a disapproving frown on her face. Not good, Ran, you comment silently. You’re not going to give the hotel a good reputation this way. And that means- yes it is. Chen’s in the other uniform, tugging at the sleeves with a nervous expression on her face. In this form, she’s a good ten or fifteen centimeters taller than she actually is- and without her tails, she a little off balance. But she’s done fairly well for her inexperience.

“Yukari-sama gotten caught,” she says rather nervously. “This place is scary isn’t it?”

“So, we’re at your command for now-“ Ran interjects. “Coming her wasn’t such a good idea around- too much stray energy from the shrines and the power grid…my connection with Yukari-sama is fuzzy, and my experience with the current human real is less that I would have liked- I wasn’t aware that there are “speed” limits” now.”

[] Excuse yourself from your parents and go to the bathroom or something. Then talk, it wouldn’t do to be seen chatting to two waitresses in front of your parents and Maribel’s father.
[] I can’t leave yet. Go Find Yukari’s location, but don’t do anything stupid, then we’ll figure something out when this silly event is done.
[] I can’t leave yet. Could you talk to Fujiwara over there? We’ll figure something out once we’re done and we might as well all go back together.
[] I can’t leave yet. Stay hidden till this silly event is over, then I’ll find some way so we can leave together.
[] I can’t leave yet. Uhh…go get something to eat- We’ll figure something out when we’re done.
-----------
Trip was fine, though I got a few abrasions. A little rusty though.
>> No. 20815
File 124512279679.png - (144.58KB , 520x550 , 1207043359472.png ) [iqdb]
20815
[!/] I can’t leave yet. Could you talk to Fujiwara over there? We’ll figure something out once we’re done and we might as well all go back together.
>> No. 20816
[x] I can’t leave yet. Could you talk to Fujiwara over there? We’ll figure something out once we’re done and we might as well all go back together.
>> No. 20817
[O] I can’t leave yet. Could you talk to Fujiwara over there? We’ll figure something out once we’re done and we might as well all go back together.
>> No. 20818
[x] I can’t leave yet. Could you talk to Fujiwara over there? We’ll figure something out once we’re done and we might as well all go back together.
>> No. 20819
[x] I can’t leave yet. Could you talk to Fujiwara over there? We’ll figure something out once we’re done and we might as well all go back together.
>> No. 20820
[x] I can’t leave yet. Could you talk to Fujiwara over there? We’ll figure something out once we’re done and we might as well all go back together.
>> No. 20821
Nice to see this up and updating again.

[→] I can't leave yet. Could you talk to Fujiwara over there? We'll figure something out once we're done and we might as well all go back together.

It'll be interesting getting Yukari out of this one, assuming she doesn't, or can't, just gap out.
>> No. 20827
>>I wasn’t aware that there are “speed” limits” now.”
History lesson time.

The first speed limit was set in the United Kingdom in 1861 (the set speed was 10mpg (16.1 km/h) which was a good paced speed back then. It was called the Locomotive Act of 1861, from the original terms used for cars, i.e., "light locomotives." The very first vehicle that was intended to be an "automobile" was powered by steam (top speed: 3mph) so calling it a "locomotive" wasn't as far fetched as it may sound today.

I'm not certain when the first speed limit was established in Japan, but they were importing cars by the 1900s and their auto industry started early 1930s.
Which means Ran is probably showing her age.

[+] I can’t leave yet. Stay hidden till this silly event is over, then I’ll find some way so we can leave together.
>> No. 20829
[x] I can’t leave yet. Could you talk to Fujiwara over there? We’ll figure something out once we’re done and we might as well all go back together.
>> No. 20831
[x] I can’t leave yet. Could you talk to Fujiwara over there? We’ll figure something out once we’re done and we might as well all go back together.
>> No. 20834
[x] I can’t leave yet. Could you talk to Fujiwara over there? We’ll figure something out once we’re done and we might as well all go back together.
>> No. 20836
[x] I can’t leave yet. Could you talk to Fujiwara over there? We’ll figure something out once we’re done and we might as well all go back together.
>> No. 20852
[] I can’t leave yet. Could you talk to Fujiwara over there? We’ll figure something out once we’re done and we might as well all go back together.

“Fujiwara no Mokou? The immortal? Is she here?” Ran’s mouth very nearly drops open in surprise, though as conserved as she is, she recovers soon enough, eyes narrowing in a business like manner. “That, simplifies things. The human realm is far larger than Gensokyo, we were quite fortunate to run into her here- if she is willing to return, that is.”

“Is it?” you question, trying to appear unconcerned, with both Maribel and your sister eyeing you, a distance behind their supposed, “waitress’s” shoulder.

“She’s still human.” Ran answers simply. “And Kyoto, this place,” she indicates vaguely, “is her hometown. The changes, for her, must be near overwhelming.” She pauses to take a look at the sliver haired girl you pointed out, sniffing as the girl turns her back to look dejectedly out a window.

“I will…try, if you think that is the best course of action.” Ran agrees, with only a little hesitation. “This is your place. I am unfamiliar…” she trails off. “Come Chen.” She adds, “I’ll only be a moment, Sir.” She adds quickly and loudly, for the benefit of the listening audience.

The two leave under your sister’s watchful stare, having installed herself right between you and Maribel, for some reason you cared not to dwell upon. But she thankfully remains silent, for the moment at least, dyed blond hair bobbing as she shakes her head. Until the parents move out of listening range, then… “Goodness, Onii-sama,” she chides somewhat mockingly. “You’re here for matchmaking- and I find you flirting with the waitresses? Wait till Papa hears about this.”

“I don’t really mind, you know-“ Maribel interjects acidly, alternating her glance from you and Parsee. “It’s not like we’re engaged.”

“Oh? Don’t you know? Our families are going to seal some big business deal or something,” your sister answers smoothly. “You two just happened to be at the right place and the right time. Consider yourselves lucky- other people don’t get have the good fortune to know their marriage partners till they’re married. “

“This is an Omiai- we’re just seeing if we’re compactable.” You mutter moodily. “Get your story right before you spin any funny stories.”

“Pfft- read between the lines, Onii-sama.” She sticks her tongue out at you, in that annoyingly superior way you’ve come to be accustomed to. Not that you liked it. “You’re more intelligent than that, aren’t you?”

Are you? Either way, Ran bustles back with the tray of drinks once again as the elders seat themselves comfortably, already deep in conversation. Proprietary means that you’ll be sitting in relative silence for the time being, though even now, you think hard. Your few objectives include retrieving your Errant sister figure, and Miss Fujiwara of course, not to mention getting through this meeting without giving the any indication to your foster parents that you don’t particularly want to be here.

After all, even as emotionally distant as you were, you did owe them a great deal after all.

Obligations to both sides, or so to say.

The evening wears on, and eventually, you sit upright as the short woman disengages from the conversation to approach you, an ambivalent smile on her face. An older wiser, dark haired version of “Parsee” beams down at you.

“It’s been a long time, hasn’t it?” she asks.

You lower your head slowly. “Yes…mother.”

“Have you been well?”

You haven’t really connected well with her have you?

You wouldn’t say that it was an interrogation or anything- your adoptive mother is charming, as always, with a smile on her face. Yet, you can’t connect; you don’t feel anything when talking to her, or your adoptive father for that matter, on the rare occasions he deigns to speak with you. Its really something to think about- even later, as the car departs; You had been unable to refuse a lift back to your hotel, looking rather sorry as Ran and Chen watch you being dragged away (not literally) from afar, a rather confused- and drunk looking Fujiwara by their sides.

“…he…he…you can’t crosss~” your sister mumbles in her sleep, arm sweeping in a lethargic motion which catches you on the shoulder. Irritation rises up as you push away the errant limb, determined to stay awake till…well, till the jobs done. You are, for now, thankfully alone- asides from said sister of course, with Maribel leaving for some time with her father.

“I’ll be back later,” she had assured, giving you a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

“Not letting you~, how weak…”

You spare your sister a glance as the streetlights flash by. She seems to be taking a ghoulish pleasure in whatever she’s dreaming of. Oh well, you’re nearly back at any rate. Your much smaller hotel should be just a few streets away, you think as you watch a stray fairy flit idly past the window, unnoticeable for most people. The third you’ve seen your entire trip here.

The car’s engine slows as it turns into a side lane, finally coming to a stop, as a valet approaches to open the door for you- an unneeded courtesy, but there’s not much you can do about it.

“Good Evening sir,” the valet greets

“Thank …how?” you stumble on your words.

It’s Ran. Dressed in a Valet’s uniform and coat. Cosplay much?

“Don’t ask.’ She grumbles. “I brought them too.” She cocks her thumb at a slightly smaller valet- Chen, no doubt, who waves, and yet another valet, this one looking rather disorientated. With distinct Silver hair.

“Waa…” Fujiwara gasps finally. “That was fast…? Haa?”

“Drunk” Ran snaps rather irritably. “She kept mumbling something about maids and her boss- and moon rabbits too.”

“Ah…”

Time to act then.

[] Check on Ren first.
[] Ask if Ran has located Yukari
[] An ingenious plan of your own choosing.

Feel free, to write in sensibly.
----------------
Good grief. Artists block, writer's block...
>> No. 20853
[X] Check on Ren first.
[X] Ask if Ran has located Yukari.

Want to make sure that Ren, at least, is doing well. Let her know that we might be out a little late tonight, then we can go and take care of business.

We also need to talk to Mary later. I feel kind of bad about her having to put up with all of this. We should have treated it like a real date; maybe then she would have gotten some enjoyment out of it.
>> No. 20855
[X] Check on Ren first.
[X] Ask if Ran has located Yukari.
>> No. 20856
File 124530353920.jpg - (151.27KB , 850x637 , sample-4a003afc8d29b3313eececf96cc8fc23.jpg ) [iqdb]
20856
>compactable

Should be "compatible".

[X] Check on Ren first.
[X] Ask if Ran has located Yukari.

Idort option is a-go.

As for writer's block, artist's block, eater's block, and all blocks of any other sort, don't dwell on them too much. The best way to deal with them is to JUST PLOW RIGHT THROUGH
>> No. 20857
Hey.

I have the memory of a speckled bean, so, just to recap--

Did Mokou say anything to indicate that she wants to go back to Gensokyo, or are we about to play the "we know what's best for you better than you know what's best for you" card?

'Cause if we are, that would make us total douchebags.
>> No. 20860
>>20857

Eh, if she starts whining we'll just send her back. We have our own permanent gap.
>> No. 20861
[X] Check on Ren first.
[X] Ask if Ran has located Yukari.
>> No. 20862
>>20860

So we're going to act like total douchebags on account of the fact that we can undo our douchebaggy mistake?

That doesn't actually undo us having made the douchebaggy mistake in the first place, you know.
>> No. 20863
>>20860

Didn't Yukari disable that one earlier?
>> No. 20864
>>20857

While we are assuming she wants to go back, we can always wait until she's sober and ask her if she really wants to return.
>> No. 20865
>>20864
And how she got out in the first place.
>> No. 20867
[z] Check on Renko first.
[e] Ask if Ran has located Yukari.

>>20852
>“…he…he…you can’t crosss~”
>“Not letting you~, how weak…”
>You spare your sister a glance as the streetlights flash by. She seems to be taking a ghoulish pleasure in whatever she’s dreaming of.
Fuck.

>>20856
You forgot mental block, Tetris block, roadblock, Lego block, and Soviet Bloc.
>> No. 20869
File 124537111836.gif - (27.01KB , 710x475 , stop.gif ) [iqdb]
20869
>>20867

Communist (bloc) party?
>> No. 20897
File 124547345794.jpg - (438.84KB , 700x990 , Ran.jpg ) [iqdb]
20897
Plough through it huh. Good advise I guess...
-------------------
[] Check on Ren first.
[] Ask if Ran has located Yukari

You decide to check on Ren first. If anything, it’ll put your worries at ease for now. Getting an impatient nod from Ran, you try to make it quick, jogging through the lobby to the elevators and ascending through the building with little incident. The place is decent, affordable, and clean and the staff, polite- but you make good time. There’s no one standing around calling you “Sir” and generally getting in your way. You loosen your tie, wondering why you hadn’t done so in the car.

Just a quick look- she’s probably asleep, early in the night as it is. Still…you hesitate. She wouldn’t be sprawled drunk and stark naked on the bed would she? Ren does drink…though usually in the presence of Mari or yourself to moderate her (or more often, to moderate Mari). Still, you spare a moment to wonder why you’re hesitating in this situation.

The handle turns easily in your hand, allowing you to swing to door open with a click, though; much to your…ambiguous thoughts on the matter, there is no unclothed slumbering person, nor the stench of alcohol or even signs of a person at all. The room is darkened, though something flickers and music fills the room softly. Ren’s left the television on.

You step towards it, bending down to turn it off- an object falls from your jacket pockets to the carpet with a clatter. Your hand phone. You stifle a curse, retrieving the item- no scratches as far as you could tell…good. By all accounts, it wasn’t new, but rather, durable and serviceable, even now. You turn, away from the window and television, allowing the street lights to illuminate the phone, for a bit of a closer inspection. Ah? The email icon is on…

You peer closer…yes it is but, something is…

“Ren?” you mouth suspiciously.

Something is moving within the depths of the television- but you turned it off, didn’t you? Aww, damn it. Why had Mari rented the DVD for the Ring? Now you’re jumping to conclusions. The static changes- from formless nothingness to – shapes, distinct. Someone is there… Well…if anything, you’ll just be taking Mari’s tales a little more seriously now.

‘Hi~!”

Or perhaps not.

“Yukari?” You say, voice as dry as possible- aided by the fact that your throat is in fact dry like nothing else. “What are you doing in the television?” you ask finally. “Well…come through then, don’t let the officers catch you halfway stuck into mid air or something.

There’s just enough space, to see the flickers of the detention cell just behind Yukari- mercifully left unattended. But Yukari makes no move- a rather embarrassed expression forming on her features. “Well…see…” she mumbles.

“You’re stuck, aren’t you?” you sigh. Fairly obvious sometimes.

Yukari just has the good graces to look away. “Not for the reasons you think!” she exclaims, raising a finger for emphasis- though not quite getting the effect she’s intends. “There’s boundary trouble!” Yukari claims. “Lots and Lots of it.”

Right…

“Probably was a mistake to come to Kyoto…” she mutters darkly.

Still, you’ll have to give her the benefit of a doubt- she’s the Mistress of the border after all. If there’s any boundary trouble, she’ll be the first to know of it. Mistress of the Boundary or not, and despite her ability to manipulate it, your sister figure is still subject (though, perhaps less than most) to the strange, obscure laws that govern the metaphysical barrier.

Still, you wouldn’t put it past her to bluff her way through an overly tight squeeze.

“All the energy from the place is messing things up…stupid old capital…”

“…should I call Ran?” you ask finally, not allowing Yukari to finish her rambling monologue. There’s not much time to spare after all. Yukari nods, but motions for you to stop. “I’ll summon her,” she smiles, raising her hand and snapping her fingers. A moment of silence ensues, followed by a loud thud against the suite’s door.

You don’t wait to open it, allowing Ran to enter, rubbing her head with a scowl on her face. That’s going to form a nice bruise in the morning, you think.

“Sorry, Ran,” Yukari apologizes with a laugh. “Gaps don’t seem to be working quite right tonight- I had to draw you to me the old fashioned way.”

“You were lucky there’s not many people about at this hour,” Ran chides, brows knitting as she raises a hand to her temples. “The one that saw me assumed I was stumbling about drunk! Drunk!” She shakes her head disapprovingly, “Would you believe that?” Yukari merely smiles, a sleeved hand elegantly held over her mouth. Still…Yukari gives a small cough.

Ran ceases her rant almost immediately, stepping to your side to listen.

“Well…it seems like I’ll be stuck here for a while huh…” Yukari admits, though not particularly flustered in anyway. “I open gaps, but I get stuck half way through…and it seems that it’ll be this way for a while…” she continues, a little more somber than before. “I brought a little something just in case though- here” she pulls something out of the folds of her furisode.

It’s a small leather case, perhaps slightly smaller than your wallet.

“It’s more or less safe to use- “she assures, as you accept the item with a bit of a confused look on your face. “Nothing seems to be wrong, except its appearance- so I suppose it’s good to go.”

You release the buckle and the flap opens- even in the gloom, the mirror’s sheen catches enough light to tell you what it is.

“Are you sure-“ you ask, more than a little dubious at this. Is this really safe at all? Youkai in general, are a little bit more durable than humans after all.

“Well…just get Ran and Chen back home,” Yukari smiles, giving you a feeling that she does trust you in return. “And I’ll be along in a week or so after they release me from this stupid place…!!!” her eyes widen. “Ooh! Someone’s coming! I’ll make this quick!”
>> No. 20898
“You just unfold it and….just focus hard on where you want to go…hmmm, you may need Ran’s help with the energy requirements- sorry, you’ve not talent whatsoever in magic- and!” Yukari’s gasps as she jerks backwards into the screen.

“Hey! Let go of my-“

“Oh my go-“

“Call an exorcist! Call an exorcist!” Someone screams, her voice laced with hysteria. You suppose it wasn’t every day that you see people’s rear ends sticking out of thin air,

“Ran!” Yukari’s voice surfaces as her head emerges from the screen once more- this time with another hand dragging her back. “Take care alright! Make sure you three get home safely!” She manages, before the strong arms of the officers drag her back, and the screen fades to static and finally, back to nothingness.

“Will she be fine?” you ask Ran worriedly.

“Don’t be so anxious,” the elder woman assures looking at the now blank screen. “Yukari-sama,” she sighs,” as troublesome and careless as she is, has faced worse. I suppose she’ll still have enough power available to blur the boundary between dreams and memory- they’ll wake up tomorrow with the memories of drinking heavily and a few strange dreams…”

You don’t know what to say, really, dropping into a chair with a sigh. “What now…”

“It is your call, or so they say in the human realm,” Ran nods sagely. “I shall obey your instructions- so long as they are not too unreasonable…but, you’re grown to b a respectable man, haven’t you?” It feels like you’re bigger than me- sometimes.” She admits, with a fond smile. “Humans mature so quickly…” a touch of wistfulness enters her voice.

“Then, can you summon Chen- and bring Fujiwara up too?”

“It can be done-“ Ran nods, looking you over. “Chen is a Shkigami too…”

“Then…”

[] Let’s get you three home for now!
[] We’ll get Yukari out!
---------------------------------
Well...Yukari has a little job for you- Remember, that the Gap is non-functional till power is supplied- no magic talent translates to no magic reserves as well.
Apart from your connection to Gensokyo, you're almost thoroughly unmagical.
And as Ran would tell you- use it responsibly (unlike someone) and no peeking.
>> No. 20900
[x] Let’s get you three home for now!
[x]See if there's anything you can do to get Yukari out... legally of course.
>> No. 20902
Do we know if something bad happens to youkai that stay in this world for too long?

[X] Try to get Yukari out... tomorrow.
[X] Make sure to ask Mokou whether she wants to return, after she sobers up
[X] Have the girls share the bed - it's only proper that the man sleeps on the floor, of course!
>> No. 20906
>Ran.jpg

Oh my...never before have glasses turned me on so much.
>> No. 20910
[x] Let’s get you three home for now!
[x]See if there's anything you can do to get Yukari out... legally of course
>> No. 20913
[X] Try to get Yukari out... tomorrow.
[X] Make sure to ask Mokou whether she wants to return, after she sobers up
[X] Have the girls share the bed - it's only proper that the man sleeps on the floor, of course!
>> No. 20919
[x] Let’s get you three home for now!
[x] You're going to visit Yukari tomorrow and give her back your mirror.
>> No. 20921
[z] Let’s get you three home for now!
[e]See if there's anything you can do to get Yukari out... legally, of course.
>> No. 20935
File 124562571439.jpg - (117.84KB , 500x500 , ed5840d940ecadb87697ded04c8ece49.jpg ) [iqdb]
20935
I'll just leave this here...
>> No. 20936
>>20935

old
>> No. 20938
>>20936
but terrifying
>> No. 20950
>>20906

Yeah, until you start to wonder how those glasses stay on her face when her ears are on the top of her head.
>> No. 20952
File 124570207659.jpg - (341.52KB , 780x877 , How can she even hear anything through those.jpg ) [iqdb]
20952
>>20950

You think that's bad? Try to reconcile this.
>> No. 20953
File 124570370648.jpg - (468.76KB , 659x931 , 1afbfd83240310b61076b7254219edeb.jpg ) [iqdb]
20953
>>20950

Indeed. This is the first time I've actually pondered this issue. After examining a large amount of Touhou pics in my collection, I've found that it depends on the artist. Some have both human and animal ears while others just cover the area up.
>> No. 20954
>>20953

Well, "four ear syndrome" seems to occur pretty consistently in other touhous (especially Orin), so...
>> No. 20961
File 124572860171.jpg - (109.40KB , 250x850 , 1205979940842.jpg ) [iqdb]
20961
>>20952

TOUHOU MYSTERY #INABA
Obligatory image is Obligatory.
>> No. 20962
File 124572869115.jpg - (118.56KB , 250x850 , 120776363771.jpg ) [iqdb]
20962
>>20961

Obligatory image of posted obligatory image is obligatory.
>> No. 20965
File 124576365180.jpg - (67.82KB , 480x640 , ran.jpg ) [iqdb]
20965
[x] Let’s get you three home for now!
[x]See if there's anything you can do to get Yukari out... legally of course

You stare at the sheet of slivery nothingness in your palm. It’s no bigger than a hand mirror now, now that it has been removed from its handsome leather case; Your gateway into the sealed lands…but no. That isn’t true is it? At most, it’s merely a faction of Yukari’s power manifested- given into your keeping, as a sign of trust. You’re quite sure, that despite this particular gap’s willingness to respond to your intentions and its adaptations to your aesthetics values, that at its heart (figuratively speaking of course) it knows who its true master and wielder is.

Still, you widen it a little, without much effort on your part- though you do feel warm energy emanating from your motherly figure, her face scrunched up in concentration as she supplies what power is needed to make the gap function as safely as possible.

Concentrate now…

It’s really silly, but it’s hard. You could tell yourself that you’ve done this many times before, since the days of your childhood but, familiarity is bliss isn’t it? Had it been secure in the crack in the rocks at both sides of the Hakurei Shrine, you wouldn’t have hesitated but for now-

Yukari’s firm assurances that the state of the boundary of things was not conducive for gap travel didn’t really do much to reassure your misgivings either. Visions of missing limbs and misplaced bodily organs- now you’re just being melodramatic for the sake of it. Just get it over with. That’s right…think of Mayohiga. Its late spring now and the few Cherry trees in Yukari’s domain would be in full bloom by now, carpeting the ancient flagstones in pink petals.

Shiroko, or maybe Kuroko would pay a visit and the few locations not particularly affected by the boundary would see visitors for that one time a year. Finally encountering resistance (in a sense) you open your eyes- its wide enough, you supposed, as you pull back a bleeding finger, taking care not to swear with Ran about, lest…well, the less said the better.

Chen and Fujiwara enter soon after, your efforts having proven fruitful. Ran looks rather satisfied all in all, inspecting the projected “window” with her arms folded beneath her chest, before giving you an approving smile.

“Nice and neat.” she comments with a nod.

“…’ You suppose you’ll have to agree. Yukari’s gaps tend to go in every other direction, needing ribbons every now and then to keep them in check- quite like her hair actually. Though, that’s not really what’s important right now.

“May we cross?” Ran asks. A mere formality. You wouldn’t refuse her much anyway.

“Please,” you motion. Manners.

“Thank you,” Ran answers gracefully. With a sigh she visibly relaxes, leaning back and stretching as her tails spring out, one by one, out of nowhere. You watch impassively, as a pair of fox’s ears pop of her auburn hair.

“I’m out of practice…” she mutters, rubbing her rear end.

Chen, with a lighter load to bear, or so to say, seems as good as ever, though Fujiwara, probably having a bit too much to drink, points and giggles but generally makes not much of a fuss. Chen, helpfully, takes her hand and leads her off into the gap, waving to you as she crosses the threshold into Mayohiga. Ran however, lingers a while, stopping at the very face of the gap, before turning to you.

“Will you come?” she asks, genuinely concerned.

“No,” you answer immediately. “Not this time, I think.”

Ren and Mari, not to mention your parents and Yukari, are all still here. You’ve still some unfinished business to deal with, and after that, Spring break ends and the University term begins. You would like to, but like always, you’ve your obligations and studies to perform.

“I see,” Ran answers knowingly, drawing you close for a quick tight hug. “Be well then. Don’t overwork yourself.”

“You know I don’t,” you answer.

“Perhaps- but it’s nice to remind someone not to overwork every once in a while- as opposed to nagging a certain person,” she smiles at that, “to get out of bed.” Ran pauses, nearly raising her arm. “You’re a little too tall for that now huh?” she asks softly, and quickly laughs it off and turns into the opening in thin air.

“I’ll try to get Yukari out!” you assure.

“Legally, mind you-“ Ran reminds. “You’re a citizen in the human realm. Don’t get into trouble.” She smiles, a wicked little curve to her lips- a rare occurrence. “In fact, why don’t you let her stew for a while? It might just teach Yukari-sama some responsibility.”

You supposed that you were glad that Ran, rather than Yukari played a larger role in your upbringing.

With that, you fold the gap to its original size, sliding it back into the case with a sigh. Perhaps later you would wonder why Yukari’s gift to you never seemed to malfunction or become temperamental when the boundary fluctuated, but for now ( as always) there were a few, more pressing issues at hand.

Now…how would you get that utterly impossible sister of yours free?

[] …let her stew. She’ll gap out the moment the boundary’s turbulence subsides anyway.
[] Bail her out.
[] An ingenious plan.
[] An ingenious plan. But go for some supper and think the details through.

Feel free, as always to write in sensibly.
--
Slowing a little by now. Still, optimistic though….
>> No. 20966
[] Bail her out.

To the rescue~
>> No. 20967
[X] An ingenious plan. But go for some supper and think the details through.
>> No. 20968
[] An ingenious plan. But go for some supper and think the details through.
>> No. 20969
[O] An ingenious plan. But go for some supper and think the details through.
>> No. 20970
[X] An ingenious plan. But go for some supper and think the details through.
>> No. 20971
[X] An ingenious plan. But go for some supper and think the details through.
>> No. 20972
[+] Bail her out.
I figure any attempt to bail her out is going to require some ingenious planning at some stage, especially after they try to exorcize her.
Maybe they'll have called in 靈夢.
>> No. 20973
[X] Bail her out.

As much as I would love some wacky hijinks, let's be reasonable. If we muck this up - and even if we don't - there's a fair chance that this could result in Landlord having a fucking jailbreak attributed to him, which is a serious crime. He still lives on the Outside, he has friends out here, and he has responsibilities. Just pay the bail, and avoid bringing unnecessary hassle and legal issues on him.
>> No. 20974
[x] …let her stew. She’ll gap out the moment the boundary’s turbulence subsides anyway.

i'm not too sure about how they would feel with letting yukari out after just seeing her hang half out of a gap.
>> No. 20975
>>20974

>>20898
>“Will she be fine?” you ask Ran worriedly.

>“Don’t be so anxious,” the elder woman assures looking at the now blank screen. “Yukari-sama,” she sighs,” as troublesome and careless as she is, has faced worse. I suppose she’ll still have enough power available to blur the boundary between dreams and memory- they’ll wake up tomorrow with the memories of drinking heavily and a few strange dreams…”
>> No. 20977
[x] …let her stew. She’ll gap out the moment the boundary’s turbulence subsides anyway.
>> No. 20984
[] …let her stew. She’ll gap out the moment the boundary’s turbulence subsides anyway.
>> No. 20998
[B] …let her stew. She’ll gap out the moment the boundary’s turbulence subsides anyway.
>> No. 20999
[X] An ingenious plan. But go for some supper and think the details through.

Don't be mean to your Big Sis. Everything she does to you is because she loves you~
>> No. 21000
[X] Bail her out.

Not a snowball's chance in Higan this particular common sense option is going to win, but ignoring Yukari, who went out of her way to come visit the Landlord to try and keep him from getting married off to someone before he's honestly ready is rather cruel.
Even if she did bring it on herself.
>> No. 21002
[X] Bail her out.
>> No. 21003
[X] Bail her out.

We don't have much money, but for her sake we'll put up what we got.
>> No. 21004
[X] Bail her out.
>> No. 21005
To the bailers, you seriously want to put our name in official records for being her temporary custodian, when it's obvious we can never bring her to court?
>> No. 21006
>>21005

You want to risk breaking her out, being spotted, and forever having it marked in our official records that we assisted in an illegal jailbreak?

Besides, Yukari has enough sense to fuck with the records once she's free.
>> No. 21007
>>21005

Yes. It's a gesture that shows how much the protagonist is willing to sacrifice for Yukari's safety, and one she is unlikely to expect. Considering this whole misadventure was the result of Yukari's neurotic fears of losing her "younger brother", this is the best way to ensure this ends happily for the involved parties.

It's the resolution this chapter deserves, just as much as telling the Celestial to go stuff himself was for the last.
>> No. 21008
>>21005
I was going say we have to bail her out because we are Lawful Neutral.
>> No. 21009
[X] Bail her out.
>> No. 21011
[X] Bail her out.

>Feel free, as always to write in sensibly.
Be consistent with your commas. This can either be "Feel free, as always, to write in sensibly." or "Feel free as always to write in sensibly."
>> No. 21016
>“In fact, why don’t you let her stew for a while? It might just teach Yukari-sama some responsibility.”

Considering the length of time she's spent with her master, she should know that Yukari is incorrigible. Understand that Ran's comments are coming from someone who lives a life of servitude. Ran's only way of letting out her frustrations toward Yukari would be complaint and inaction, even if she wouldn't admit that were a factor in her decisions. Think, would she ever use the phrase "let her stew" when referencing punishment for Chen?

The protagonist, who was morally raised by Ran, but does not live the same lifestyle that fosters such a level of simmering patience, would not make a decision so spiteful and passive. Rather he would do things in his own efficient, forward, and mundane manner.

[x] Bail her out.

In the real world, the closest distance between two dots is a line.
>> No. 21019
>>21016
>In the real world, the closest distance between two dots is a line.

In the real world, the shortest distance between point A and point B is a straight line. However, actually getting from point A to point B usually involves traveling via streets, which are often built in a grid-like system.
>> No. 21021
>>21019

In the real world there the shortest distance between two points is not a straight line, as movement along the t-axis (either due to gravity or the passage of time) curves your path. Straight lines would mean the two points are space-like connected, meaning the path traveled lies outside of the light cone. Since nothing can go faster than the speed of light, 'straight lines' are impossible, except in the trivial case when traveling from A to B, when B = A.
>> No. 21023
>>21021
Very nice.
[golf clap]
>> No. 21024
>>21021
The shortest distance between A and B is not always a straight line, or it is always a sin curve. In fact, for Yukari, the distance is not defines in terms of spans of width but rather spans of time. For herself, the distance between Mayohiga and a jail is zero (implying that our understanding of the gap moves and she stands still).

Those are purely for Cartesian and other such scalable and mappable number systems. For the discrete points that make up real life decisions, the shortest distance between two of them is "when you want to get there," followed by a muddled journey, and concluding with the longest distance between two points "after having gotten there."

tl;dr - To evade Mari and Renko, were they to follow him out of curiosity, he merely dodged and weaved through crowds quickly, hoping to lose pursuers. To a great Tengu-Celestial battle, he handed Momiji a rock. He's not a nitwit, but he's not clever.
>> No. 21025
File 124611443928.jpg - (312.71KB , 800x800 , f6d0dff80442bfe60a2020ffb8af7620.jpg ) [iqdb]
21025
[] Bail her out.

You’re an idiot. Sometimes.

Gapping. Boundary. Magic.

All of these are irrelevant, especially in a world where the latter is so scarce that most youkai would feel withdrawal symptoms just by stepping out of the few, magically sealed lands scattered around. This is humanity’s domain after all and here, it is logic and common sense, not the obscure and fickle laws of magic, which largely rules.

Which means- you sigh as you discard the half formed ideas and plans in your mind, that you’ll be drawing quite an amount from your remaining funds. While your adopted family was by no mean in any form of poverty (far from it actually), you were quite unwilling actually, to take any more than you absolutely had to from them- little more than the cost of your annual tuition fees. The rest came from your part time jobs and the “rent” the Yukari paid on a monthly basis.

And as tempting as it was to go along with Ran’s little plan, you can’t help but remember, who it was, that came and pulled you from that lonely little corner all those years ago…

But, there’s been enough of this reminiscing. You’ll have to make a few calls before either of your two friends return to your shared room. You’ll probably have quite a bit of time, seeing that Ren likes to take her supper at an exceedingly leisurely pace and Mari s spending the rest of the evening with her family.

Still, it’ll be best not to chance interruption.

So, quite naturally, both Mari and Ren trail in after you as you walk into the police station the very next day with a scowl on your face. Despite all your arguments and insistence, the two had firmly decided, of all things to accompany you. After all, what are friends for?

An appropriate explanation comes easily enough- you’ve some experience covering up for the disorientated persons who fall into the human realm- even the one with obviously non-human parts. Tokiko comes to mind fairly easily, though an incident was avoided more due to the fact that such “cosplayers” are fairly commonplace and thus unremarkable nowadays rather than any true ingenuity on your part.

But that isn’t really important right now.

Right…

Yukari is your…mmm…not your mother definitely. Girlfriend? Pfft.

A Friend then- she’s an acquaintance of yours in University, who you just so happened to owe a big favor to.

That sounds acceptably plausible. Mari and Ren could have hardly met many of your acquaintances yet. You barely notice the young lady officer as she hands you several forms to fill out, writing with a mechanical kind of indifference. There’s nothing unusual here, with just the small exception of the woman languishing in one of the holding cells.

Still, things go smoothly. The procedures continue without much incident and you’re being led away quickly enough, though you’re in for a long wait, considering the amount of bureaucracy you passed- down the main foyer by the same lady officer. She looks smart; you’ll give her that, though you note a slight stumble in a step and the very lightest scent of alcohol. At an intersection, she stops and looks about confused, for a moment, before continuing.

Seems Ran was right after all.

Still…

An ornate double door swings open abruptly, the sounds of gruff laughter ringing out, as two well dressed men stride out.

“Uo? Papa?”

That’s Mari’s father alright. Along with the commissioner.

It gets better and better, doesn’t it?

As solid and dependable as ever, Maribel’s father follows along, looking rather approving really. Apparently your explanation and Maribel’s presence was more than sufficient to hook him into your little “rescue” mission. You’ve probably struck a chord with him, loyalty, friendship and whatnot. On the upside, with the distinguished man walking sedately by his daughter’s side, everyone seems more than happy to make the process of bailing Yukari out as smooth as humanly possible.

But, looking at it, do you really want Yukari to- well it’s a little late for that now.

Yukari, unusually alert for this time in the morning, catches on to your hints and clues relatively quickly, playing along most enthusiastically to your tune as Han looks her over. But that’s it- you’re in a sense, shut out, standing there, mouth partially open ( Ren informed you later) as Yukari looks on and on and…you get the idea. For a few seconds at least.

Han, has this moonstruck look on his face, halfway between recognition and reminiscence, standing stock still in his suit- the expression you feel, would suit him if he were twenty years or so younger. You shut your mouth, feeling rather…dry. Your mouth feels dry. You turn as someone tugs on your sleeve.

Maribel. Her mouth half opens and the first sound of a sentence comes, but it doesn’t go any further. Her lips press together and she lets go, turning away looking rather forlornly at the space between her father and your sister figure.

“Pardon me, miss,” he mumbles, voice uncharacteristically low for a person of his stature. Before breaking off and turning back to his daughter- and by extension, yourself. “Let’s finish up shall we?” he offers, taking his daughter’s hand. Though he’s not there really- his eyes are distant- perhaps recalling something from a long time ago.
--
“Don’t be silly-“ Yukari laughs, pulling you close, not looking quite so forlorn now that she’s been in the sunshine for a while, taking a bite out of the taiyaki you bought. Han, having more or less completed his business, had left already, almost eagerly in fact, leaving his silent daughter in your hands. “I wasn’t that bad, was I?“ she whispers, arm over your shoulder- doing (or overdoing) her best to play the role of your university buddy.

“H-hey…you’re awfully close, aren’t you?” Ren asks, arching an eyebrow. “In…” she trails off. “Ah never mind… “

“Mmm- known him since he was this-“ Yukari levels her hand, perhaps around the height of her waist, “tall.” She finishes, looking at your two friends brightly, every inch your usual University student.

“Really?” Ren asks, obviously not really knowing how to continue this. “Childhood friends then?”

“Hmm….you could say that…” Yukari answers mysteriously.

Please stop giving them ideas.

[] Gap her out at the first opportunity.
[] Change the subject- Oh look. Parsee’s doing an open air gig. Yeah...sister did mention that yesterday…
[] Change the subject- It’s nearly lunch isn’t it?
[] Let’s just walk…(Please stop twisting my arm…)
-------
Feeling more tired lately. Still, thanks for pointing out my mistakes and giving your opinions. It helps quite a bit.
>> No. 21026
[] Let’s just walk…(Please stop twisting my arm…)

You know, sometimes I have trouble trying to follow the sequence of scenes in this story. Something feels wrong. Like, as if there wasn't a connection between them, nor a clear sign of timeskip. ???? You should also describe things a bit more, I think you're not expressing the whole scene as you imagined in your head.
>> No. 21027
[x] Change the subject- It’s nearly lunch isn’t it?
>> No. 21029
[x] Change the subject- It’s nearly lunch isn’t it?
>> No. 21030
[X] Change the subject- Oh look. Parsee’s doing an open air gig. Yeah... sister did mention that yesterday...

Why not? I wonder how she'd react to seeing her brother hanging out with three attractive young ladies, two of whom are natural blonds. Plus, she's got to get into Gensokyo somehow.
>> No. 21031
[X] Change the subject- Oh look. Parsee’s doing an open air gig. Yeah... sister did mention that yesterday..
>> No. 21032
>>21030
Is this Parsee THE Parsee or just a conveniently-employed character?
>> No. 21033
[X] Change the subject- Oh look. Parsee’s doing an open air gig. Yeah... sister did mention that yesterday...
>> No. 21034
[X] Change the subject- Oh look. Parsee’s doing an open air gig. Yeah...sister did mention that yesterday…

The part where you fast forward Yukari being bailed out is more than a bit... disjointed. Perhaps it was Yukari's meddling? For instance, you didn't really say that Han is Maribel's father anywhere in the story, at least not until he holds Maribel's hand at the very end of the scene.
>> No. 21037
I'm not sure what the problem is. I was following along just fine.

Also, in before Mr. Han had an affair with Yukari some time back and Maribel is their daughter or something.

Or worse, some Diclonius-esque breeding method where Yukari funkified Mrs. Han and made her produce Yukari-ish children. (I'm doubting this happened, but I'll throw it out there anyway.)

>>21032
See >>20867 . Somewhere, somehow, there's a bridge guard in there. And really, what better job for someone who specializes in jealousy (and who craves popularity and attention) than a pop idol?
>> No. 21039
>>21034

No, but you'd expect Maribel Han's father have the same surname. Landlordanon has done this before- calling Tenko's father "Hinanawi" on many occasions, although never when directly speaking to them.

In my opinion, the change of terms of address between "Maribel's father" and "Han" make it seem that there are two people, rather than one.

Unless, like you said, this is intentional and there are "gaps" in Landlordanon's memory.
>> No. 21040
>>21039

... Oh, right. Well, I got it in my head that her last name's really Hearn, like the Touhou Wiki says might be a possibility.
>> No. 21041
[X] Change the subject- Oh look. Parsee’s doing an open air gig. Yeah... sister did mention that yesterday...
>> No. 21042
[x] Change the subject- Oh look. Parsee’s doing an open air gig. Yeah...sister did mention that yesterday…
>> No. 21049
>Maribel. Her mouth half opens and the first sound of a sentence comes, but it doesn’t go any further. Her lips press together and she lets go, turning away looking rather forlornly at the space between her father and your sister figure.

fgsfds?

[x] Change the subject- Oh look. Parsee’s doing an open air gig. Yeah...sister did mention that yesterday… (Please stop twisting my arm…)
>> No. 21071
File 124637836437.jpg - (234.37KB , 1000x800 , 1411bf6f560786c841424d8a280a3fd79af181b3.jpg ) [iqdb]
21071
Just in case we don't have enough votes.

[+] Change the subject- Oh look. Parsee’s doing an open air gig. Yeah...sister did mention that yesterday...
>> No. 21077
File 124646550713.jpg - (22.40KB , 400x457 , parsee.jpg ) [iqdb]
21077
>>21071
No. That's not it. Honestly, I've been attending to several urgent matters these few days and writing has been low on my priorities.

Also, >>21026>>2103, thanks for pointing that out. I will admit that it is rather disjointed, after I got another perspective.
-------------------
[] Change the subject- Oh look. Parsee’s doing an open air gig. Yeah...sister did mention that yesterday…

Judging from the less than nonchalant looks both Mari and Ren are presenting you with, you’ll need a diversion, and quickly too; Something appropriately flashy and noisy to overcome your sister figure’s penchant for drawing attention to herself (and by extension yourself). That something presents itself, almost upon unspoken request, though, not quite the kind of distraction you were hoping for.

Delicious irony indeed, you decided mentally, as the four of you pass a line of banners, all of them prominently featuring you sister (adopted) in a rather appealing…hmm, maybe, confident would be a better term, pose. Doubtless that it was meant to be appealing to the fans, but the pose was most definitely confident. Ah never mind… you’re not making much sense.

Needless to say, Ran wouldn’t have approved.

But, now back to “delicious irony”. You’ve never been so willing (not happy) to see something associated with that domineering little sister of yours, but you’ll take what opportunities you can get. Once Mari and Ren, especially Mari, get an idea in their heads, dislodging it would be bordering the impossible. You know quite well, seeing that you’ve tried to dispel a few of their odd notions at the time. But with the two walking aides Yukari and yourself, eyes conspicuously adverted; you’ve a good idea what your two old friends are suspicious about.

Though, Mari looks more troubled than anything else- she certainly hasn’t really spoken much since her father departed earlier, asides from a few obligatory responses and such. Mari isn’t really herself. It’s fairly easy to tell, considering her open, honest personality and the length of time you’ve known her.

But, this isn’t really the time and place for this. As concerned as you are, you welcome the imposing distracting of a veritable wall of people, many of which walking purposefully down the path with every intent of reaching stage as quickly as possible- with very little regard to the four of you, they drive onwards relentlessly.

It’s fairly obvious that the show hasn’t started proper, with the fans still streaming in, though it could begin at any time now.

“Never been to one of your sister’s gigs before,” Ren comments, looking about the place, arms folded, as she neatly sidesteps a hugging couple, right in the middle of the path. “She’s getting really popular, huh? Look at all these people.”

Mari agrees, as the group unconsciously draws closer to one another, Yukari bobbing alongside her like an older sister- strikingly similar to one another, even to you. It’s almost disconcerting really- though you had Yukari promise to maintain that her hair was dyed. Still, Ren took fairly well, all things considered. She could have asked very many questions that you would be hard pressed to answer.

Thankfully, the sights and sounds appear to have done their job admirably. The crisp Kyoto air, still spring chilled along with the prop and the general air of excitement and energy. This audience’s a lively one- an almost infectious feeling of anticipation permeates the area, leaving you restless. It’s all fine for Mari and Ren, but excess crowds were never really your thing.

Still, you watch as Ren looks up at a small scale model of the Effie Tower, no doubt meant to enhance the atmosphere, a little odd, here but you supposed that the designers knew what they were doing. In fact you didn’t rally know what your sister’s latest gig was about.

It’s not much of a realization, but standing there, with Yukari on one side and Mari and Ren on the other, surrounded by banners of your sister, a theory for the reason of your estrangement comes to mind. It’s all to easy to blame your sister’s grating personality, but, you’ve never shown interest in her activities, have you? Perhaps it’s irrelevant now, seeing that there are currently more important matters to see to, but it’s still something to think about.

“Paris huh…” you catch Ren’s whisper, as she looks up at the small structure. Huddled together as you are her voice is still soft, in comparison to the murmur of the crowd. Mari deigns to answer this time, also looking up at the tower, with a fond smile.

“Been there once, followed Papa on his business trip.” She says, with a hushed tone.

“Yeah? Back in high school wasn’t it?” Ren answers. Of course she’s heard it before and so have you, but she answer politely anyway. That two years after their ill fated ambush and exorcism attempt, the last summer break before graduation. On Han family business, or so she said. Paris for a week, a stay for three days some old castle called Château des Coeurs d'Ecarlate, a fancy foreign name you could never pronounce properly (which strangely illicted a small “oh ho” from Yukari- and a small knowing smile) and then Marseilles for a week.

Any answer from either of them however, is cut short by one vast cheer, as the crowd erupts into frenzy, surging forward as lights flash and a mist rises. It’s beginning. The vast crowd presses against you, confusion and disorientation hit you for a moment- and you find yourself separated from each other, being swept away by the tides of fans.

[] Get to Yukari. She’s that lost, confused look on her face, being used to more sedate environments.
[] Get to Ren. The way she’s going, she’ll end up in line for the washrooms.
[] Get to Mari. Someone’s got his hand in an inappropriate place.
-------------------------------
Not much time to write these few days, but I'll try.
>> No. 21078
[X] Get to Mari. Someone’s got his hand in an inappropriate place.
[X] Get to the others afterward if you can - first Yukari, then Ren.

Mari is the most vulnerable right now. She's clearly not feeling like herself. That aside, Landlord ain't the type to let someone cop feels off a good friend of his.

Yukari and Ren are more capable of taking care of themselves right now. Yukari, while unfamiliar with outside customs like this, is more than capable of taking care of herself. Ren is savvy enough that this should only be a minor annoyance for her - she might even find her way back to our group on her own.
>> No. 21081
[X] Get to Mari. Someone’s got his hand in an inappropriate place.
[X] Get to the others afterward if you can - first Yukari, then Ren.


>Château des Coeurs d'Ecarlate

oho
>> No. 21082
File 124646940038.jpg - (305.63KB , 1690x2253 , b705f5829e49d09502b43b2886945745.jpg ) [iqdb]
21082
[!/] Get to Mari. Someone’s got his hand in an inappropriate place.

Hands off his possible future and doppelganger waifu!
>> No. 21083
[X] Get to Mari. Someone’s got his hand in an inappropriate place.
>> No. 21084
[] Get to Mari. Someone’s got his hand in an inappropriate place.

Nigger you best step off.
>> No. 21087
[+] Get to Mari. Someone’s got his hand in an inappropriate place.

Who wouldn't want to put their hands in Mary's inappropriate places.
>> No. 21088
[X] Get to Mari. Someone’s got his hand in an inappropriate place.
[X] Get to the others afterward if you can - first Yukari, then Ren
>> No. 21089
[] Get to Yukari. She’s that lost, confused look on her face, being used to more sedate environments
>> No. 21092
[X] Get to Mari. Someone’s got his hand in an inappropriate place.
[X] Get to the others afterward if you can - first Yukari, then Ren
>> No. 21095
File 124650748911.gif - (1.96KB , 128x94 , Ultros.gif ) [iqdb]
21095
>Château des Coeurs d'Ecarlate
"Castle of Scarlet Hearts"
>> No. 21096
Yukari's probably confused because she's getting felt up by an invisible hand.
>> No. 21097
>>21096

good call
>> No. 21102
File 124656891389.jpg - (240.05KB , 950x950 , 1ff014dc63f8960a67fc4db5ac064ffe0a229e56.jpg ) [iqdb]
21102
>>Yukari's probably confused because she's getting felt up by her own hands
>> No. 21107
>>21102

You are now noticing the faces and Space Invaders.
>> No. 21108
File 124667933458.jpg - (155.33KB , 567x378 , asplode.jpg ) [iqdb]
21108
>>21107
>> No. 21110
File 124669269933.jpg - (230.21KB , 500x580 , 3eda5f971b404266b1c9c1b643eff4ff080b30ff.jpg ) [iqdb]
21110
>>21107 I don't get it... What's the joke?
----------------
[X] Get to Mari. Someone’s got his hand in an inappropriate place.
[X] Get to the others afterward if you can - first Yukari, then Ren

To some people, a deeply packed crowd so focused on revelry that other things fade to the sidelines, is a prime opportunity for certain, less than respectable activities. Amidst the swaying, wildly cheering crowd, you locate Maribel fairly easily- she stands out in her own way. And right behind her, an opportunist sees his opportunity and takes it, snaking his arm around and under.

You take one last look at the other two of your companions. They’re fine, for now at least. Yukari has this dazed look on her face, like her minds elsewhere at the moment, and Ren seems more than happy to be in the line for the washroom. Either way, a thinning in the crowd appears, almost certainly completely by chance, allowing you pass through relatively unimpeded.

Of course, to her credit, Maribel reacts fairly quickly, struggling away with an inaudible (over the noise) yell, shaking aside the inappropriate fellow and darting to the side with a ferocious expression on her face. Drawing back her fist, she lashes out soundly, and having learn martial arts in her youth, it connects solidly with a thud, sending the poor fellow back, stumbling into more revelers, who either too drunk to notice, or not wanting to get involved, wisely keep out of it.

“You-” the fellow stands, close enough to you for you to hear him now. Surprisingly short for someone of his audacity, he’s actually going to fight back. You really wouldn’t believe it at the time. Still, against the odds, and you will admit that (seeing that the little fellow is a full head shorter than Mari), raises his fist to attack, his long hair tinted green in the lighting effects.

You step in, catching his fist with a grunt- he’s stronger than he appears- and to your utmost surprise, discover that he, is in fact, a she. You let go immediately, quite unable to say anything at this point. Miss Opportunist takes her chance to break free and escape into the crowd. A girl huh? People nowadays.

Mari of course is fuming. Yes, she does have any easy going demeanor, though you had little doubt that no amount of happy go lucky would make a person feel good about being in that kind of situation.

‘Are you al-“ you ask, though Mari, with her fist clenched and her eyes burning with righteous indignity, simply grabs your shoulder with more force than you felt was warranted, and gave you some very specific instructions which you were to carry out immediately. Not that you were in the mind to refuse, of course, with her fist being waved about in front of your face.

All in all, it’s a rather exhausting waste of your time. Tinted green hair, would make her stand out of the crowd, but there’s a slight problem- the sheer amount of crowd rather hinders your efforts, and so you end up out of breath, with nothing to show for it. Though you supposed, if it made Mari feel any better, maybe it wasn’t that much of a waste.

Still, exhausted, flushed, panting and exhilarated, Maribel bends slightly, her hands on her knees as she maintains that position, gasping for breath to speak with.

“I…ha…you know?” she gasps out, sweat slicked hair sliding down her forehead.

“Yes?” You look down at your friend.

Oh what in the- she’s laughing now. Rich laughter that barely makes it over the noise of the crowd. Mari grabs your shoulder for support, giggling helplessly at some obscure private joke that you would probably never be able to understand. You suppose that that would be for the best- ignorance is bliss and all that philosophical nonsense.

Quite a sight, you supposed. The revelers, do give the two of you a wide berth now. You wait a little more, giving your friend a concerned glance, as her shuddering body, half leaning against your shoulder subsides.

“Calm now? What was that about?” you ask.

“Oh, nothing,” Maribel answers, wiping he eyes. “Don’t-don’t worry about it-“

“What-“

“Don’t!” she commands.

Oh well…

Ren finds the two of you quickly, during a lull in the performance, waving cheerily. Yukari is in tow, her eyes still distant and her expression vague. But as Mari and Ren walk ahead, their heads together, deep n conversation, Yukari, tugs at your sleeve, eye still a little unfocused.

With a start, she gasps and shudders, as her eyes snap back into focus. “Sorry,” she apologized with a sheepish grin. “Long Distance call.” Which meant Ran was using the Shikigami’s bond to communicate with Yukari. Side effects, or so you heard, included difficulty in concentration, muscle laxity and in some cases, slight concussion (due to walking into objects while not concentrating).

“Something Important? Ran rarely uses the bond.” You ask.

Yukari nods, sighing. “Geysers now, Ran says.”

“Never boring in Gensokyo huh,”

No, no dear- never boring.” Yukari finishes. “Now, would you?” she asks. “I’ll supply the power.”

Where…There are people everywhere.

[] Men’s or Ladies’ room. Crowded…
[] The foliage. Crowded.
[] An alcove besides the main stage. Crowded.
[] Blend into the props. Crowded.
[] Any suggestions?

Also….
[]Stay
[] Go along, just for a bit.
---------------------
So the events of Chireiden are approaching quickly. Hopefully, not too quickly. Still...
On a side note, I've got my tablet fixed so I'll try again soon.
>> No. 21111
[X] Blend into the props. Crowded.
[X] Stay.

Hiding in plain sight. Plus, there's the weirdness filter: the more people present to witness a bizarre event, the more willing they will be to rationalize it away. I'm tempted to sneak on stage to do this, even.

Foliage is out of the question; at a show like this, it's probably full of couples making out, and perverts spying on them. Alcove isn't too safe, and less people will be inclined to believe that our little trick is part of an act. As for the washrooms? Landlord isn't the sort to be caught dead in the Ladies' Room, nor is likely to let a woman into the Gents'. Plus, they could be occupied anyway, and who knows how Ren and Mary would react if they spotted him sneaking into a washroom with Yukari; that's the last impression he needs to make on them.

As for the other matter, as much as I'd like to go swing by Gensokyo, it wouldn't be right to ditch Ren and Mary. It's too easy to get caught up in things over there, and it would be downright ungentlemanly to abandon the ladies when they were kind enough to come down with us and keep us company. This is a group vacation, and damn it, we owe them some fun times together.
>> No. 21112
[x] Blend into the props. Crowded.

Parsee is going to freak when she catches you. And it will be awesome.
>> No. 21113
>>21110
>I don't get it... What's the joke?

Instead of the I-ching trigrams that are normally on Yukari's tabard, there are ShiftJIS faces and a game of Space Invaders.

Incidentally, I can totally see Yukari abusing her powers to play classic games on any viable surface. Everyone always plays up Kaguya being a NEET, but Yukari's the one who owns a DS in canon.
>> No. 21115
[X] Blend into the props. Crowded.
[X] Stay.
>> No. 21116
[X]Blend into the props. Crowded.
[X]Stay.
>> No. 21117
[O]Blend into the props. Crowded.
[O]Stay.
>> No. 21118
[] Blend into the props. Crowded.
[] Go along, just for a bit.

Why stay?
>> No. 21119
[X]Blend into the props. Crowded.
[X]Stay.
>> No. 21123
[X]Blend into the props. Crowded.
[X]Stay.
>> No. 21124
[X]Blend into the props. Crowded.
[X]Stay.

Sis doesn't like us visiting when there's trouble, remember?
>> No. 21133
>>21113
>Yukari owns a DS in canon
wait, what?
>> No. 21134
>>21133

It's in one of the chapters of Curiosities of Lotus Asia, if I recall correctly. Yukari provides Kourin with some item or other that he needs, and takes a DS as payment from him.

And, as in this story, canon Yukari owns an iPod.
>> No. 21136
>>21124

I thought she didn't like when we put ourelves in trouble, or try to suicide in unexpected ways. Simply going to Gensokyo is no problem.