[Return]
Archived Thread

File 124229211460.png - (177.13KB , 381x387 , 120878181679.png ) [iqdb]
19792 No. 19792
[x] Give her a hug (as best you can in carapace armor)! "It's great to see you again, Mystia! I was really worried about you."

Mystia hugs you back for a moment awkwardly, still cheerful, yet somewhat surprised at your sudden action, before pulling away, blushing. “S-stop that, boss, you're embarrassing me~” Ah, you missed that singsong tone. “Boss, we're leaving soon~ You should go to church~” She leans back and gives you a stern look, still blushing, before letting you go and stepping back, pushing against your arms and making her way out of your arms, before giving you a once over. “Hmm~ Glad to see you're armored, boss~” She looks at your belt, making you keenly aware that you're much taller than her in this armor, and where she'd be looking around now, before she speaks again: “A lot of grenades, best be careful or you'll be blown away~” Erk.

She pats you on the back. “Well, Boss, we have to get going soon, so you don't have much time~” Yeah, that's right, you only have an hour or so before the assault. You have a bit of time, however: and looking from Mystia's look at you, you should probably spend it praying for the Empress' blessing. On the other hand...

“Ya gotta meet the rest o' the Nineball squad.” Tewi speaks up, smirking. “Come on, you Empress botherer, ya'll love 'em. We've even got our night ops Rumia soldier around.” She pats you on the arm armor, a slight -tonk- sound coming from the impact of skin on armor. “What do ya say, kid? You'll love 'em.” Wait... she seems to have latched onto you. “On the other hand, I haven't prayed yet either.” Mystia gives you both a stern look.

“You should both go!~ The Empress will help you through the fight~” She chides you with a finger. One choice, or another. You have a feeling this one will be pretty important...

[ ] Go to church: The Empress protects, after all.

[ ] Nah, let's meet this squad. Better to get some camaraderie with your new group before we go down.

>> No. 19793
wat, inquisitor updated.

[x] Go to church: The Empress protects, after all.
[x] Nah, let's meet this squad. Better to get some camaraderie with your new group before we go down.

Quantum Rogue Tradernon.
>> No. 19796
[x] Go to church: The Empress protects, after all.

I'll humor Mystia's religiosity.
>> No. 19798
[x] Go to church: The Empress protects, after all.
>> No. 19802
[ ] Go to church: The Empress protects, after all.

Glad to see this isn't dead.
>> No. 19808
[x] Nah, let's meet this squad. Better to get some camaraderie with your new group before we go down.
[x] "These are the people who we will be with the entire time we're down on the surface Mystia. Ensuring everyone can work together is important for a squad. If there is any time leftover however, I will gladly go to the church to pray. The Empress protects after all, and recieving her blessing will certainly make me feel better."

Compromise~ Mystia might not be entirely happy, but at least she won't feel as rejected this way.
>> No. 19811
[x] Nah, let's meet this squad. Better to get some camaraderie with your new group before we go down.
[x] "These are the people who we will be with the entire time we're down on the surface Mystia. Ensuring everyone can work together is important for a squad. If there is any time leftover however, I will gladly go to the church to pray. The Empress protects after all, and receiving her blessing will certainly make me feel better."
>> No. 19815
[x] Nah, let's meet this squad. Better to get some camaraderie with your new group before we go down.
[x] "These are the people who we will be with the entire time we're down on the surface Mystia. Ensuring everyone can work together is important for a squad. If there is any time leftover however, I will gladly go to the church to pray. The Empress protects after all, and receiving her blessing will certainly make me feel better."
>> No. 19817
[x] Nah, let's meet this squad. Better to get some camaraderie with your new group before we go down.
[x] "These are the people who we will be with the entire time we're down on the surface Mystia. Ensuring everyone can work together is important for a squad. If there is any time leftover however, I will gladly go to the church to pray. The Empress protects after all, and receiving her blessing will certainly make me feel better."

I kinda want to be a heretic.
>> No. 19821
[x] Nah, let's meet this squad. Better to get some camaraderie with your new group before we go down.
[x] "These are the people who we will be with the entire time we're down on the surface Mystia. Ensuring everyone can work together is important for a squad. If there is any time leftover however, I will gladly go to the church to pray. The Empress protects after all, and receiving her blessing will certainly make me feel better."
>> No. 19828
[x] Nah, let's meet this squad. Better to get some camaraderie with your new group before we go down.
[x] "These are the people who we will be with the entire time we're down on the surface Mystia. Ensuring everyone can work together is important for a squad. If there is any time leftover however, I will gladly go to the church to pray. The Empress protects after all, and receiving her blessing will certainly make me feel better."

Choice picked. Tewi Sex scene missed. Better luck next time.

Will post by the end of today.
>> No. 19830
>>19828
>Choice picked. Tewi Sex scene missed. Better luck next time.
INQUISITOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR
>> No. 19835
File 124237046742.png - (19.20KB , 411x422 , 12087816299.png ) [iqdb]
19835
[x] Nah, let's meet this squad. Better to get some camaraderie with your new group before we go down.
[x] "These are the people who we will be with the entire time we're down on the surface Mystia. Ensuring everyone can work together is important for a squad. If there is any time leftover however, I will gladly go to the church to pray. The Empress protects after all, and receiving her blessing will certainly make me feel better."

Mystia gives you a look, raising an eyebrow, before sighing, shaking her head. “I'm disappointed, boss~” She shakes a finger at you, and now you feel bad. You should feel bad. Skipping church? The Empress is disappointed indeed, and you can't help but feel that you're missing out on something. Tewi nods next to you, grinning and tugging you along.

“Alright! You're gonna meet Kill-Team (9)! Come on!” You're tugged by a surprisingly strong grip, pulling you down the ship's halls, and Mystia follows, still giving you a look, though she tones it down, soon returning to her normal facial expression, humming a little tune.

Tewi leads you all down towards the hanger, through a set of stairs and down an elevator, you make your way to the hanger, where there are dozens of large Valkyries, loaded with soldiers, many other guardsmen rabbits chatting outside, some giving you odd looks, others giving you suggestive winks, all female. You recognize Inaba shouting out orders, her own squad of rabbits checking their equipment, with a bolt pistol holstered and a powerfist on her arm... wait, are her rabbits stormtroopers? Damn, they are. In addition to the stormtroopers near her, there are four other rab-

Waitasec, they're not rabbits. Tewi hops over to the women next to the Valkyrie (The Deliverer, according to the name on the vehicle). “Hey, John, meet the girls!” She points to each of them one at a time, introducing as she goes, starting with a girl in blue armor, with blue hair, blue eyes, and pale skin, the back of her flak armor painted with six ice crystals. “Cirno, our heavy weapons guy. She's the strongest we've got, she can carry that assault cannon over there alone.” The girl grins, waving hello. “Next is Rumia, our scout. She's good with a sniper rifle, but better with that wicked machete.” Rumia has no helmet, wearing a single red bow in her short blond hair instead, and wearing a black flak jacket, a single sniper rifle slung over her shoulder, a silenced pistol at her side, and a very... wicked.. looking machete at her hip. She nods at you stoically, and you can't help but feel this is at odds with something.

Next is a gi....rl? A boy? “This's Wriggle. She's a girl too, even if she doesn't look it. Our comm officer, and she's a bit o' a warphead too. She can sense youkai.” The girl, you guess, with fairly short, green hair, and standard armor, with a large vox unit on her back, shoots a glare at Tewi, shaking her lasrifle in protest.

“I don't look like a damn boy!”

“Yes you do, quit complaining. Last is Dai over there.” Green hair, blue and white armor, and a forgettable face, but she seems the tallest of the group, and gives you a friendly smile and wave, which you return, if only to be polite. Then you notice she has a plasma gun. “Don't worry, she's good with it. Never blew up on her. Yet.” Gulp.

Tewi turns to you. “And with me, we're the Kill-Team (9)! Any questions?”

Please select or write ONE. Wall requests discourage me.

[ ] “Are you sure you're a girl, Wriggle?”

[ ] “Have we met before, Rumia?”

[ ] “Hey, Cirno, why's this squad a (9) squad?

[ ] “Um, are you SURE you can handle that plasma gun, Dai?”

[ ] “How long have you had this squad, Tewi?”

[ ] “Hello, Lieutenant.” -Salute-
>> No. 19836
[ ] “Hey, Cirno, why's this squad a (9) squad?
>> No. 19837
[x] “Are you sure you're a girl, Wriggle?”

It is delicious Nightbug, you must question gender.
>> No. 19839
[x] "Girls, has Tewi always been a fervent tease? My time with her has made me wonder just how much of a rabbit she really is."
>> No. 19841
[x] "Girls, has Tewi always been a fervent tease? My time with her has made me wonder just how much of a rabbit she really is."

dohohohoho
>> No. 19843
[x] "Girls, has Tewi always been a fervent tease? My time with her has made me wonder just how much of a rabbit she really is."
>> No. 19844
[x] "Let's all go pray to the Empress for protection."
>> No. 19846
[X] "Girls, has Tewi always been a fervent tease? My time with her has made me wonder just how much of a rabbit she really is."

>>19828
>Tewi Sex scene missed. Better luck next time.

Mystia is better anyway.
>> No. 19851
[x] "Girls, has Tewi always been a fervent tease? My time with her has made me wonder just how much of a rabbit she really is."

lol writein
>> No. 19869
File 124248796234.jpg - (48.06KB , 600x600 , Cirno point.jpg ) [iqdb]
19869
Short cop-out update this morning, I have a wedding to be ready for in less than 4 hours.

[x] "Girls, has Tewi always been a fervent tease? My time with her has made me wonder just how much of a rabbit she really is."

There is a moment of silence after you speak, even from the stormtrooper rabbits and the Lieutenant. Tewi seems a bit surprised at your question, while Cirno seems to be chuckling: Wriggle looks somewhat scandalized, Rumia has the same flat expression, and Daiyousei just smiles. Nobody says anything for a long moment, before suddenly:

"Hmmm..." Daiyousei says, "I'd have to say yes. I'm the newest member of the squad, but I remember Tewi would always flirt with me when I had first joined up, ambushing me in the shower and such. So I guess that's a yes.” She winks at you, then at Cirno, while Tewi sputters out a “What?!”

“Huh? OH, yeah, man, Tewi's all about the tease! She even has a few pairs of sexy lingerie even though it's totally against policy for us guardsmen to own them!” Cirno laughs even as Tewi seems shocked. “I know cause one time for our hard work she showed up in the barracks with a 'reward' she said, and started taking off her clo-”

“Okay, now, that didn't happen.” Tewi objects, face-earing, one floppy ear falling in front of her face, though she turns to you and winks seductively. “Though, I do own the sexy lingerie if you'd like to see i-”

“Alright!” A bellowing loudspeaker-amplified Lieutenant Inaba pipes up, louder than sin from right goddamn next to your ear goddamn what the hell. “Places, guardsmen! We lift-off in five, get in the damn Valkyries! Battle stations, go go go!” At this, the rabbits instantly move, getting into the Valkyries, picking up their gear, and such. Tewi and her squad, as well as Mystia, walk up and into the flying troop transport. This must be a hell of a drop unit to get appropriated this many Valkyries.

Who do you sit next to?

[ ] Tewi
[ ] Mystia
[ ] Cirno
[ ] Rumia
[ ] Wriggle
[ ] Daiyousei
[ ] Lt. Inaba.


This is your last slice of life-ish post. Think suitably.
>> No. 19870
[x] Mystia
>> No. 19872
[ ] Mystia
>> No. 19873
[x] Mystia
Duh.
>> No. 19875
[ ] Mystia
>> No. 19876
[X] Mystia

Must stay in close proximity to the target...
>> No. 19880
[x] Mystia
[x] Whisper to Tewi that you'll look forward to a private showing when the two of you get back.
>> No. 19881
[X] Mystia
>> No. 19904
[x] Mystia
>> No. 19924
[x] Mystia
[x] Whisper to Tewi that you'll look forward to a private showing when the two of you get back.
>> No. 19927
[x] Mystia
[x] Whisper to Tewi that you'll look forward to updates when the two of you get back.
>> No. 19929
[x] Mystia
[x] Whisper to Tewi that you'll look forward to updates when the two of you get back.
>> No. 20082
[x] Mystia
[x] Whisper to Tewi that you'll look forward to updates when the two of you get back.
>> No. 20083
File 124341693913.jpg - (17.82KB , 150x230 , 120878124233.jpg ) [iqdb]
20083
[x] Mystia

With hurried pace you board, slipping on your helmet like the others do, even Mystia, and take a seat. You notice everyone leaning back into their chairs and pressing a button on the armrests, which you do as well: you hear a *Click!* as behind you, your armor is attached to the seat behind you. Tewi notices your look of shock, and laughs: when she speaks, you hear a short-range comm burst from a bead in your helmet, thankfully overriding the shrill of Valkyrie engines.

“Don't worry, kid. It's the Grav Chute attaching. Press the button on your right wrist.” You and Mystia both do so, and she jumps a bit in her seat when she does.

“A HUD~ Wow, this is interesting~” It is, really: It shows a compass at the top of the visor, armor status in the lower left, upper right shows health signals (You're good to go!), lower right has weapon armed and ammo amounts, and upper left shows mission objective and time: Right now it's “Prepare for landing.”

“This is quite the machine spirit...” You mutter, tapping your helmet. Daiyousei laughs.

“Yep! Empress knows the whole damn regiment is locked and loaded with this kind of quality equipment!” She pats her plasma gun. “This 'un hasn't even blown up on me yet! And Assault cannons don't come standard!” Daiyousei points to Cirno, who despite being fairly small carries her assault cannon fairly well in her lap.

Another jolt, as the Valkyrie lifts off, and you're barely given a moment's notice before the jets scream, and you're off, out, zooming with the other Valkyries towards your destination, out into the vast void of space, the endless starry night, towards a planet occupied by Tau forces with anti-aircraft weaponry, in a small troop transport without much armor that oh god that black starry nightmare vacuum that will tear you apart and oh go-

An armored hand squeezes yours, and you look briefly to see Mystia, still looking straight ahead, but holding your hand. Right... she's right, nothing to worry about. You calm down just a bit. Right, you have to keep your head on the mission. The mission.... er, what was the mission aga-

“One more time, girls!” Tewi speaks up. “We're gonna land at the drop point, move to the imperial shrine hunk-trader over there needs to deliver at, then move on with him to point C, where we will disable the AA guns and then move to extract! How long we got, Udonge?” She looks up to the Lieutenant, who rolls her eyes.

“You have three hours. We're just the preliminary force. I'll be dropped right after you, Point Z, and we'll gather and conduct our assault on their detection equipment. After that, extract's at point E. Don't be late or we'll leave without you.” Tewi shrugs this off to a degree.

“We're never late, Udonge. After all (“Don't call me Udonge, you little shrimp.”), when have I failed you?” The lieutenant rolls her eyes.

“Too often, Tewi. The Empress may forgive you, but I don't. Trader Freeman, don't get yourself killed out there, got it?” You nod when she addresses you. “The Inquisition's works are important. Failure is not an option.”

“Reaching drop point for Squad (9)!” The pilot, another female voice, speaks over the loudspeaker. “Squad (9), prepare to be dropped! Safe grav chute activation is at 12 seconds! You won't have to worry about manual steering this time! Machine spirit should keep you safe!”

“Empress be with you.” Lieutenant Reisen makes a spherical shape with her fingers, the sign of the orb, and everyone in Squad (9), including you, does it back.

“Drop in 5! 4!” The back of the Valkyrie opens to show you black smog, thick clouds of smoke and atmosphere beyond, blocking the ground: a dangerous thought for a group of soldiers landing in a hive city, especially an industrial one, and you feel your seat begin to shift, the grav chute attached to your back pressing out slightly. “3! 2! 1!”

A moment, the slowest moment you've ever had. You remember, quite clearly, that you have never performed a combat drop.

“For the Empress!” Suddenly, you're let loose in your seat, unsecured, and your grav chute pushes off of the wall of the Valkyrie, shoving you forwards, and then out, jettisoning you out, and for a moment you're falling freely, separated from the rest of the squad, falling further and further from them: before you find your body jerked heavily again, yanking you closer to the rest of the unit, and they you, until you find yourselves in a falling circle, 10 feet apart from one another.

Of course, you are freaking the fuck out.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~”

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

“WHOHOHOHOHOOOOOO!”

“YEEEEHAAAAH!”

“....”

The various screams, whoops, and cheers of your teammates fill your comm bead as you all fall, the machine spirit's gravitic regulator in your grav chutes controlling the squad member's maximum and minimum proximity from each other: not that you can see much or any of this, the air around you blinding with smog.

5.... 4.... 3.... 2.... 1....

“Now!” A button presses, and your descent slows rapidly, much more slowly than the rush of death from before... not that you can tell, from all the damn clouds in the way.

“Haha, whoo! See, kid? Easy shit!” Tewi's voice comes up. “Computers make it all easy. Back in training we had to do this shit in Parachutes! Crazy, right? We're getting close, brace for impact!” Wait, what's with the sudden segue?! So quickl- wait, are you gonna hit gr-

A sudden jarring impact, as you feel your grav chute suddenly scrape against something, spinning you around faster than greased lightning, and suddenly the group is further down than you are, falling, falling, while you spin around and around against the damn wall, once on the chute, once on your carapace, then SLAM, through the wall, and BAM, inside!

Your armored body slams against the floor as you are rolled across inside, tumbling against the ground with an impact that would kill an unarmored man, and you find yourself stunned as you make a small crater against the ground inside. You roll on, your inertia not stopped by simply hitting you hard enough to break an ogyrn, before you finally slam to a stop against the far wall, causing a last crack in it.

Dazed, you can barely make out the voices outside, in the alien T'au tongue, as footsteps make their way to the door to this room. You can barely see, either; between the smog from outside seeping in, and your 1-point landing, you're in pretty bad condition.

The sounds of the door being pounded against alert you, but it's hard to care....

[ ] Writein.
>> No. 20085
Equipment reminder since Inquis is too lazy to do this himself

Autopistol (Personal) x1
Chainsword x1
Grav Chute x1 (broken)
Ammo Clip of Any Kind (autopistol) x3
Frag Grenades x6
Krak Grenade x4
Enforcer Carapace x1
Flak Helmet x1
Survival Kit x1
Corpse Starch Rations (Week) x1
>> No. 20086
Ah yes, P4 is quite worth it.

[] Orientate yourself. Search for Mysti.
>> No. 20087
[x] Find a place to hide.
[x] Orientate yourself. Search for Mystia.
>> No. 20096
[x] Find a place to hide.
[x] Orientate yourself.
[x] Wait and try to keep an eye out for the rest of the squad.
[x] Take out a frag grenanade just in case. Accurately using a gun right now would be risky.

Mystia by herself isn't going to be a great help. She's may be able to take down unarmored guys with ease, but these are trained Tau soliders in armor. Very different. Keep an eye out for the squad, not just her.
>> No. 20097
File 12434595828.jpg - (26.62KB , 640x480 , 12088830753.jpg ) [iqdb]
20097
I should probably point out that from this choice onwards, it is entirely possible for you to die, and romance plays second fiddle to an extent: A dead Tradernon can't flirt.
>> No. 20099
[x] Find a place to hide.
[x] Orientate yourself.
[x] Wait and try to keep an eye out for the rest of the squad.
[x] Take out a frag grenanade just in case. Accurately using a gun right now would be risky.

Oh damn, I have this feeling that Yuyuko is a Kroot.. looking Mystia.
>> No. 20102
>>20099
>Kroot Yuyuko
I don't think so, pal.

[x] Find a place to hide.
[x] Orientate yourself.
[x] Wait and try to keep an eye out for the rest of the squad.
[x] Take out a frag grenanade just in case. Accurately using a gun right now would be risky.
>> No. 20150
[x] Find a place to hide.
[x] Orientate yourself.
[x] Wait and try to keep an eye out for the rest of the squad.
[x] Take out a frag grenanade just in case. Accurately using a gun right now would be risky.
>> No. 20152
[x] Find a place to hide.
[x] Orientate yourself.
[x] Wait and try to keep an eye out for the rest of the squad.
[x] Take the cardboard box you conveniently landed adjacent to and hide under it, ala Metal Gear Solid. Position yourself somewhere inconspicuous (amongst other boxes, if possible), facing whatever you can determine to be the door.
[x] Lift the cardboard box a little and throw a frag grenade in the direction of the door the moment you hear it being opened or busted down. Immediately hide back in the cardboard box afterwards. The smoke in the room should hopefully conceal yourself.

This should hopefully work out like Naked Snake vs. the Ocelot Unit in Snake Eater (www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_FDedl9EJU&fmt=18), only, the problem is figuring out what to do after the frag grenade is thrown. Tau absolutely suck at CC, so CQCing them shouldn't be an issue, but trying to pick them off one by one is going to be difficult.
>> No. 20306
File 124375534683.jpg - (168.06KB , 1024x768 , Always related.jpg ) [iqdb]
20306
No, stop lying around.

“But it hurts...”

No. Get up. Those T'au are going to gun you to dust when they break in. Get up.

“But it hurts so much....”

Get up. For the Empress. Your duty won't allow you to die here.

Get up.

Get. Up.

GET UP.

Through sheer willpower alone, despite the impact, you grope the plascrete beneath you, pushing yourself up, thanking god your helmet is still intact. The blips of the others on your HUD are missing, which must mean they're out of range, at the foot of the building, probably landed already. Damn. Looks like this one situation you'll have to bail yourself out of. Groaning, you force yourself up to your feet, barely managing to stay up. The banging noises outside get louder, with more T'au words, followed by T'au words in a throaty, hooting noise.

Fuck. Kroot.

You force your stiff limbs to move, dragging your battered body behind a thick crate, thanking the Empress for blessing you with cover, one hand tapping your comm bead, the other pulling a frag grenade from your belt.

“M-mystia, S-sarge... come in, someone, I need backup here.” You mutter into the comm bead, hoping they're in short burst. “I'm.... in that building you probably landed by. Got hostiles outside the door in the room I landed in. Kroot and T'au.”

Once behind cover, you put one hand over the pin in the grenade, the other holding the grenade itself. A peer around the corner shows that the door is barely visible: Thankfully, it should be harder for the T'au, who are known for poor vision. Tewi's voice: “Got that, John. You'll have to handle the situation yourself: Sit tight, we're comin' for you.” Damn. Looks like you'll have to take care of it yourself.

CRUNCH. The sound of a blade piercing through the wooden door, then another sound just like it. You'll probably have about ten seconds before they beat the door in then charge in, overpowered guns and blades shooting and swinging. Damn, damn, damn, what to do...

[ ] Write in
>> No. 20314
[x] Genuflect
>> No. 20319
>>20314

Like they're gonna not shoot him because he got on his hands and knees.

[x] How many frags do you have? Arm however many you deem nessicary, then start tossing them just as they bust through the door. Maybe that will buy you a few seconds...
[X] Draw your autopistol and fire, keeping behind cover, tossing whatever explosives you have on you that you can arm at them to discourage melee.
[X] Silently pray to the empress that you wont die as you do so.

Might not be so smart, but better than genuflecting. Especially if they don't take prisoners.
Then again, maybe I've played too many FPS' where all they do is try to kill you...
>> No. 20327
Tau are known to show mercy when their enemies surrender, especially Guardsmen.

Whatever you do, do not try to fucking melee Kroot. Hiding in a damn cardboard box isn't going to help either as they're going to track you down by sensing your body heat. If any of them survive, they're going to call for backup and you'll endanger not only yourself but the others coming to rendezvous with you as well. Then again, making a lot of noise will alert Kill-Team (9) to your position, making it a lot easier for them to assist.

[x]Throw a frag as the Kroot break down the door.
[x]Throw another frag out the door to hopefully get the ones outside.
[x]Kroot are priority target, kill those first if possible.
[x]Avoid melee if you can, but be ready to use your chainsword.
>> No. 20331
Sure, this sounds like a winning plan.

[x]Throw a frag as the Kroot break down the door.
[x]Throw another frag out the door to hopefully get the ones outside.
[x]Kroot are priority target, kill those first if possible.
[x]Avoid melee if you can, but be ready to use your chainsword.
>> No. 20341
[x]Throw a frag as the Kroot break down the door.
[x]Throw another frag out the door to hopefully get the ones outside.
[x]Kroot are priority target, kill those first if possible.
[x]Avoid melee if you can, but be ready to use your chainsword.

I like it
>> No. 20343
[x]Throw a frag as the Kroot break down the door.
[x]Throw another frag out the door to hopefully get the ones outside.
[x]Kroot are priority target, kill those first if possible. Stay in cover at all times.
[x]Avoid melee if you can, but be ready to use your chainsword and autopistol.

Kroot can be nasty in CC, they have decent strength and two attacks with a Kroot rifle. On the flip side, they also have average toughness and initiative. Not to mention a non-existent armor save outside of cover or the inclusion of a Shaper. This is of course slightly mitigated by having a maximum kindred size of 20. We stay in cover and we'll have a chance, just pray to the Empress that there aren't any Kroot Hounds.

Just caught up on this story now, and I must say that I like what I see thus far Inquisitor, keep it up. (I'm huge 40k fag btw).
Do we have a stat line of sort? It should make combat decisions a bit easier in the future.
>> No. 20385
File 12438443748.jpg - (17.71KB , 300x317 , c2 grenade.jpg ) [iqdb]
20385
Right. Seven seconds now. Two grenades should do the trick. You pull one from your belt, placing it on the ground in easy reach, then your autopistol, and... an extra clip, in case, finally readying to throw the one in your hand, hand on the pin. Thank god for this helmet: you know the kroot'll have a bit of trouble seeing you, even if the Tau don't, but... two grenades'll do the trick, that'll break their momentum.

SMASH CRUNCH. That door's almost down. You pull the pin, uttering the words of benediction to the Empress for righteous punishment to the Xenos, and let go of the level. Six seconds, five seconds, four seconds... three seconds... Oh, shit, come on, hurry up, get th-

SLAM! The body of a Kroot soldier slams through the door, moving forwards, guns ready, two of them already pushing their way over the wrecked door. With no heasitation, you throw the hot grenade out, straight for the feet of the targets, and you can hear the Kroot making sounds that must mean “Shit!” even as you go back to your side of the crate, grabbing for the other grenade and pulling the pin. After all, no point in watching the grenade bl-

THUMP. VWIP. You can feel the shockwave and the sound of shrapnel zipping through the room, and the squacks and yelps of Kroot and Tau. You quickly turn the corner again, second grenade primed, and throw it out, out of the ruined doorway and into the hallway. You hear more strangled shouts as you turn back around, grabbing your autopistol and flicking off the safety. Time to finish the job.

THUMP. VWIP. More yells, more screams, more groans, and shouts, all of it in an alien tongue. As soon as the explosion hits, you turn, aiming your autopistol with both hands. Your ears still ring, your head still hurts, your body is still sore, but having your familiar pistol in your hands awakens muscle memory, and with a practiced calm from years of handling the old pistol, you aim at the chest of a Kroot still standing.

Papapow! The last carnivore collapses, chest exploding, and you quickly switch to another target, a Fire warrior who's struggling to stumble into cover. Papapow! Bullets run up it's chest plate and into the weaker neck armor, blowing a hole in the creature's neck. No standing targets. You aim down to the dying targets: One dying Kroot, and one dying Tau, both groaning on the floor, broken and wounded. The Kroot you can tell is probably done for, but the Tau gropes on the ground for it's pulse rifle. Outside you hear no sounds of survival or escape, or even calls for help. Damn, nice move.

Room cleared. What's next?

[ ] Write in.

Also
[ ] Finish off the survivors. Xeno filth.

[ ] Disarm them and let them live.
>> No. 20386
[x] Kill the survivors.
[x] Loot the good stuff (PULSE RIFLE GO?).
[x] Proceed carefully and meet up with the others.

in b4 heresy
>> No. 20389
[x] Disarm them and let them live, for now.
[x] Radio again to see where the squad is, update them on the situation, and see if the Tau soldier might still serve any purpose.
[x] Wait patiently for your squad, or advance to meet up with them depending on what the situation calls for.

Deal with the situation rationally. Kill them once we're sure they're no good to use. If we can get something out of them being alive, then keep them alive until then.
>> No. 20392
[x] Disarm them and let them live, for now.
[x] Radio again to see where the squad is, update them on the situation, and see if the Tau soldier might still serve any purpose.
[x] Wait patiently for your squad, or advance to meet up with them depending on what the situation calls for.

We're a Rogue Trader, we aren't as brutal and ruthless as a zealous Space Marine. Also keep an eye out for a Pulse Carbine, should come in handy.
>> No. 20427
File 124391192780.gif - (224.31KB , 450x150 , taufire.gif ) [iqdb]
20427
[X]Disarm them and let the Fire warriors live. PULSE RIFLE YEAAAHHHHH. Picture related.
[x]Kill the kroot.
[x]Such a small squad wouldn't be traveling its lonesome, there must be a larger detachment nearby. Check the surrounding area for any good vantage points.
[x] Wait patiently for your squad, or advance to meet up with them depending on what the situation calls for. If you go ahead to meet up with them, make sure to go as quickly as possible and to stay out of the open. If you get markerlighted, pray to the Emperor.
>> No. 20440
File 124392655532.jpg - (547.56KB , 800x984 , Crisis suit pilot.jpg ) [iqdb]
20440
Kick! You punt away the pulse rifle the soldier is reaching for, and it clatters to the side, safely away from the Tau soldier. Pointing your pistol at the soldier to keep him from trying anything funny, you tap your comm bead again. “Hey, Sarge. Got this situation taken care of. Where are you guys?” A reply comes immediately, though it's hushed.

“We're on our way. We found a way in through the vent system, so we're gonna send your bodyguard in to fetch you and bring you through it. Stay put, she'll be able to find you soon enough.”

“Got it. Thanks.” You shut off your comm bead and walk over to the removed pulse rifle. “Hmm...” Why not... An idea strikes your mind. You bend over and pick up the pulse rifle, aiming the surprisingly heavy weapon towards the wall and pulling the trigger. Click. Damn. Didn't work. Was that not the activation rune?

“I thought.... humans...” Wait, what? You turn to the Tau fire warrior, raising your pistol, and see that the warrior had removed it's... her, helmet. Her, a female hairstyle, from what you remember from Tau culture lessons: red ponytail braided twice up, three down. “... didn't use... alien weapons...” The Low Gothic is halting and accented, but understandable.

[ ] Kill it.

[ ] Ask it a question:
[ ] “Where is the rest of your squad?”
[ ] “Fix this rifle so I can use it.”
[ ] “What is your thing's objectives here?”
[ ] Ask her a question.
[ ] “Where's the rest of the squad?”
[ ] “Can you help me get out of here?”
[ ] “Are you alright?”
[ ] “Why did you attack?”
[ ] Ignore it.

[ ] Try to make your way to escape.
[ ] Stealth
[ ] Gun and run.
>> No. 20445
[x] Respond to her question.
-[x] "Maybe not Guardsmen and certainly not Marines, but I'm a Trader. That's a status given to us directly by the Empress as a caste of explorers of a sort. As a consequence we tend to develop... idiosyncrasies. This conversation for example."
[x] Ask her a question.
-[x] "Could you tell me how to use this? I'll trade you an aid kit for it."
>> No. 20448
[x] Respond to her question.
-[x] "Maybe not Guardsmen and certainly not Marines, but I'm a Trader. That's a status given to us directly by the Empress as a caste of explorers of a sort. As a consequence we tend to develop... idiosyncrasies. This conversation for example."
[x] Offer to patch her up to the point where she can at least make it back to her allies in exchange for learning how to use the gun.
[x] If she asks why she should trust you after you killed the others, tell her that you're a lover, not a fighter, and you only ever kill what you deem necessary to faciliate your own survival.

Giving up our own kit, while the others would still have theirs, is a bit of a foolish move when she'll get patched up by her allies the rest of the way as long as we do at least a decent job.
>> No. 20483
[x] Respond to her question.
-[x] "Maybe not Guardsmen and certainly not Marines, but I'm a Trader. That's a status given to us directly by the Empress as a caste of explorers of a sort. As a consequence we tend to develop... idiosyncrasies. This conversation for example."
[x] Offer to patch her up to the point where she can at least make it back to her allies in exchange for learning how to use the gun.
[x] If she asks why she should trust you after you killed the others, tell her that you're a lover, not a fighter, and you only ever kill what you deem necessary to faciliate your own survival.

This works. Pulse Rifles have great range, considerable power, and are rapid-fire type weapons. They're superior to Bolt guns in every way.
>> No. 20633
[x] Respond to her question.
-[x] "Maybe not Guardsmen and certainly not Marines, but I'm a Trader. That's a status given to us directly by the Empress as a caste of explorers of a sort. As a consequence we tend to develop... idiosyncrasies. This conversation for example."
[x] Offer to patch her up to the point where she can at least make it back to her allies in exchange for learning how to use the gun.
[x] If she asks why she should trust you after you killed the others, tell her that you're a lover, not a fighter, and you only ever kill what you deem necessary to faciliate your own survival.
>> No. 20646
What happened to all the voters? Seriously...

Stories can't update without votes.
>> No. 20664
[d] Respond to her question.
-[a] "Maybe not Guardsmen and certainly not Marines, but I'm a Trader. That's a status given to us directly by the Empress as a caste of explorers of a sort. As a consequence we tend to develop... idiosyncrasies. This conversation for example."
[z] Offer to patch her up to the point where she can at least make it back to her allies in exchange for learning how to use the gun.
[e] If she asks why she should trust you after you killed the others, tell her that you're a lover, not a fighter, and you only ever kill what you deem necessary to facilitate your own survival.
>> No. 20672
[x] Respond to her question.
-[y] "Maybe not Guardsmen and certainly not Marines, but I'm a Trader. That's a status given to us directly by the Empress as a caste of explorers of a sort. As a consequence we tend to develop... idiosyncrasies. This conversation for example."
[z] Offer to patch her up to the point where she can at least make it back to her allies in exchange for learning how to use the gun.
[.] If she asks why she should trust you after you killed the others, tell her that you're a lover, not a fighter, and you only ever kill what you deem necessary to facilitate your own survival.
>> No. 20674
[a] Respond to her question.
-[b] "Maybe not Guardsmen and certainly not Marines, but I'm a Trader. That's a status given to us directly by the Empress as a caste of explorers of a sort. As a consequence we tend to develop... idiosyncrasies. This conversation for example."
[c] Offer to patch her up to the point where she can at least make it back to her allies in exchange for learning how to use the gun.
[d] If she asks why she should trust you after you killed the others, tell her that you're a lover, not a fighter, and you only ever kill what you deem necessary to facilitate your own updates.
>> No. 22118
>>20646

Apparently they can't update without authors either.
>> No. 22225
>>22118

There are a good three dozen or so writers, though, a lot more than in the early times of the site, when there was lots of activity. Of course, that leads back into the theorizing and conjecture on IRC and on TH-P shortly after it came up. Regular writers aren't much less, I'd like to think.
>> No. 22242
>>22225
don't take shit so literally
>> No. 22244
File 12533950125.jpg - (147.35KB , 819x612 , repenturfaggotry.jpg ) [iqdb]
22244
[x] Respond to her question.
-[x] "Maybe not Guardsmen and certainly not Marines, but I'm a Trader. That's a status given to us directly by the Empress as a caste of explorers of a sort. As a consequence we tend to develop... idiosyncrasies. This conversation for example."
[x] Offer to patch her up to the point where she can at least make it back to her allies in exchange for learning how to use the gun.
[x] If she asks why she should trust you after you killed the others, tell her that you're a lover, not a fighter, and you only ever kill what you deem necessary to faciliate your own survival.
“Maybe not guardsman and certainly not Marines...” you begin, holstering your pistol and kneeling next to the T'au soldier, “... but I'm a trader. That's a status given to us directly by the Empress as a caste of... explorers, of a sort.” You pull a small badge from a pouch, your symbol of Trader status, and show her it. She nods, a bit distantly. “As a consequence we tend to develop... idiosyncrasies.” A chuckle escapes your lips. “This conversation, for example.”

“Ah, I see... our water caste diplomats tend to act oddly, as well.” You take another look at the rifle in your hand, putting your badge away. Pulse rifle. Definitely need to get this thing working, it's a work of art and the damn thing would destroy other Xenos in your way. Maybe if you convinced this girl..

“Hey, listen,” You say, a friendly smile on your face. “Think you can teach me how to fire this thing? I'll help you out with some first aid if you do.” You reach back and show her the case. Assuming her physiology makes any sort of sense, a bandage would help the shrapnel wounds. The t'au soldier thinks for a moment... then shakes her head.

“I will not teach you how to use one of our weapons against us, human, as much as I appreciate the offer.” A shake of the head. Oh. Damn. “I... cannot betray the greater... good.” You sigh. Hrm... maybe another go?

“Come on, ple-” You begin to ask, before the loud crack of a autopistol goes off, from behind you, and almost in an almost surreal manner, the soldier's head explodes in your face, blue blood and ichor splattering on your armor and face. You turn to look, somewhat shocked to say at the very least, to see Tewi standing there, spinning the handgun in her hand.

“Come on, kid, let's go before the Xeno hypnotize you.” The sergeant gives you a wink, though it seems almost halfhearted... she must have seen you fraternize with the enemy. Next to her, a grate is on the ground, and a rope hanging down from a vent in the ceiling. She must have climbed up. The little rabbit turns and starts scooching up, prompting you to follow with an abrupt gesture.

... errrgh. Awkward. With a last glance at the dead soldier, you turn and follow Tewi, climbing up into the obnoxiously large air ducts (tm) that Tewi seems to have gotten in through. It's a bit of a tight fit for you when you get up there, the scent of dust and the breeze almost making you sneeze, but following Tewi, you see how she got up here so fast after a few meters and a couple of turns: A pully system. The others must be downstairs, and pulled Tewi up. She motions over to you.

“Get on, kid!” Abrupt again. Ergh...

[ ] Try to explain yourself.

[ ] Apologize for letting the Xenos scum get to your head, and thank her for breaking it's spell.

[ ] Don't say anything and just follow the sergeant.
>> No. 22246
[x] Don't say anything and just follow the sergeant.

We wanted to learn how to use the gun, s'all.
>> No. 22247
[x] Don't say anything and just follow the sergeant.

You're the boss, Sarge.
>> No. 22248
[X] Don't say anything and just follow the sergeant.
>> No. 22250
[x] Don't say anything and just follow the sergeant.
>> No. 22255
[x] Don't say anything and just follow the sergeant.

This could be very bad for us. At worst Tewi could blow the whistle and alert an Inquisitor. At worst she'd just hold it over our heads. We've yet to see how zealous Tewi is for the Imperium.
>> No. 22327
>>22255
Considering the missed chance to have sex with her at the church, it's pretty safe to say she's not a hardcore fanatic if she's willing to do that.
>> No. 22329
>>22327

Too bad in the 40K universe, about 98% of humanity are hardcore fanatics.

And I thought the missed chance was with Mystia?
>> No. 22333
>>22329
See >>19828

I'd say she's definitely loyal, but not a hardcore fanatic.
>> No. 23218
File 125989159060.jpg - (41.56KB , 1233x821 , I am the shittiest artist in the world_.jpg ) [iqdb]
23218
[x] Don't say anything and just follow the sergeant.

You follow the sergeant, climbing down the... ridiculously long vent that conveniently goes down the building, the trip shimmying down the cramped, musky place silent from your indiscretion. As you slowly descend, you get a chance to think on it: what were you thinking? You're in a warzone now, dicking around with the enemy is a good way to fuck over either your mission or you. This isn't the time to be fucking around with the enemy, especially an enemy with an excellent communications system and rumored to have mind control.

You eventually descend to the bottom of the rope, where the vent opens to the lobby of the building you were in. As you hop out you notice it's abandoned and empty, any imperial civilians having either evacuated or been shot long ago. Tewi hops out of the vent next to you, her own pistol at the ready.

"Come on, hurry up! We found a car, the others are outside!" She heads for the exit of the building, a large set of double doors, and you quickly follow, your own pistol out. The doors are swiftly broken through, and outside you see the desolate street, the sun choked with smog and the dismal gray of buildings covered in the ashes and rubble caused by bombs.

Across the tiny street (This must have been one of the factories; surprising the T'au didn't leave a guard at the door, they must have been interested in holding the facilities), you see what appears to be... a train. A large machine on strange wheels and tracks, used to transport heavy goods. You've never seen one befo- oh, shit, that's a T'au soldier on top of it, fuck, he's turning!

Tewi grabs your arm and yanks you behind a pillar, hiding both of you from detection. "Empress, ya' wanna get us plugged?" She growls, before peeking out the side of the pillar. "Look, the others snuck on board that train. The platform's on the other side. We gotta get on too, it'll take us less than a kilometer from that shrine you need to be at. Other way from where those guns are, but they're not operational yet, so we have some breathing room." A grin.

"Guns?" She nods. "Yeah. This is Gunmetal City, remember? Hive on Scintilla? It's a major production city, so it's got tons of protection. It's like a battery of Earthshakers." She nods. "But we can take care of that later. We've got to get you to that shrine." She looks back around the pillar.

"... three grunts, on top of the train. Two facing the other way, one towards us. I don't see any carnivores." Good thing too, or you'd all be fucked.

Tewi returns behind the pillar, thinking. Hmm... any bright ideas on getting into the car you need to without getting caught? If you are, this whole mess becomes a bloodbath.

[ ] "I have an idea..."

[ ] Let Tewi think of one.
>> No. 23219
[x] Let Tewi think of one.
>> No. 23220
[x] "I have an idea..."
[x] Take out one of your grenades to use as a distraction when none of them are looking at your general area.

Assuming we can throw it far enough behind the train to get good use of it at least. If we can't...
[x] Let Tewi think of one.
>> No. 23222
[x] Let Tewi think of one.
>> No. 23223
[x] Let Tewi think of one.

I missed this story so.
>> No. 23224
File 12599412003.png - (132.17KB , 295x450 , Tewi catface.png ) [iqdb]
23224
[x] Let Tewi think of one.

"..." You got nothin'. Tewi sits back and thinks for a moment, her eyes reflecting mischief like some kind of kid in the candy store. A few minutes go by, before she finally nods her head twice, eyes twinkling with a strange sort of smile. She nods deftly, twice.

"Okay. Okay. I got an idea. I got this. Kid, hand over one of your kraks." You do so, since YOU'RE not coming up with anything useful. Tewi nods mischievously, and with that same look on her face, the one she probably gets from pissing in her CO's cornflakes, she tosses it down into the lobby you just came from as far as she can.

5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

Krak! The blast is so loud it shakes your stomach, the and blasts the glass off of the windows in the front door. You hear yelps and shouting as the T'au soldiers detect the quite-fucking-obvious blast. Tewi curls up behind the pillar, winking to you.

It's several seconds before T'au troopers rush past you both and into the building, not giving either of you a second glance. Tewi gives them fifteen seconds before nodding and peeking out from behind the pillar.

"It's clear. Let's go." She nods, and dashes towards the car where the others are. You follow, surprised at how nobody saw you even as they rushed right past you.

"How the hell...?" You manage to get out, as you both make it to the car. She grins.

"See those helmets? No peripheral vision. You just gotta have them face the wrong way, you know? Misdirection. The carnivores ain' so easy." Tewi opens a door and hops in, as you follow.

Inside the car, the other girls are waiting in what seems to be a storage room: parcels of food and guns seem to be the staple of what's being transported. Wriggle looks at you with surprise when you two hop in, probably not expecting you to be alive. Cirno lies on her gun, Rumia doesn't even look up at your arrival, Daiyousei just gives you a pleasant smile, and Mystia, hanging upside down from the ceiling like some kind of flying rat, smiles at you and sighs in relief. Tewi closes the door behind you both.

"Tada! We're back!" She grins. "Caught him gunnin' down some xenos, I had to drag him back here to keep him from going gung-ho on us! Got us a real commando here!" Quiet woops and cheers, as Tewi covers for your sorry ass. "Now, settle in, we've got a few hours til we hit that shrine." The group nods, as Mystia hops down and gives you a totally trusting look.

"I'm glad to see you're okay, boss~ I bet you gave those Xenos scum what-for~"

[ ] Tell the truth.

[ ] What are you, retarded or something? She doesn't need to know!

And for the ride:

PICK TWO, TOPS:

Talk to:

[ ] Cirno.

[ ] Rumia.

[ ] Tewi.

[ ] Mystia.

[ ] Wriggle.

[ ] Daiyousei.

Or...

[ ] Get some goddamn sleep.
>> No. 23225
[x] Tell the truth.
[x] Mystia
[x] Get a nap.
>> No. 23226
[x] What are you, retarded or something? She doesn't need to know!
[x] Tewi.
[x] Mystia.

If we want to tell her, it'd be best to do it somewhere more private, lest someone else overhear it and it turns out they're far less likely to let something like that slide.
>> No. 23227
[x] What are you, retarded or something? She doesn't need to know!
[x] Tewi.
[x] Mystia.

>>23226 has a point.
>> No. 23228
[x] What are you, retarded or something? She doesn't need to know!
[x] Tewi.
[x] Mystia.
>> No. 23234
[x] Tell the truth.
[x] Mystia
[x] Get a nap.
>> No. 23245
[x] What are you, retarded or something? She doesn't need to know!
[x] Tewi.
[x] Mystia.
>> No. 23268
File 126006843726.png - (214.60KB , 600x800 , Partyshokku.png ) [iqdb]
23268
[x] What are you, retarded or something? She doesn't need to know!
[x] Tewi.
[x] Mystia

You let it slide, opting instead to set a few pieces of extra gear down and to take a fucking break. Everyone else has, as well: Daiyousei is chatting amicably with Cirno, Rumia is staring at nothing which is really fucking creepy, Tewi is sitting back on a cargo box, and Mystia looooooooks into your eyes expectantly. Wriggle's the only one actually doing something relevant: She's on the vox, listening in on communications going on throughout the rest of the battle. You take a breather, dropping that heavy grav chute you've been lugging around. Mystia continues to stand and stare at you, though, as if expecting orders of some kind.

"Jeeze, sit down, Mystia!" Calmly, you motion for her to sit. "You know, I'm not dead or anything. Empress' had her eye on me." You give her a reassuring wink. That's reassuring, right? Mystia gives you a frown, her face taking on a definite tone of worry.

"Boss, you went and flew off by yourself~ I was worried with no clue what to do~" Reluctantly she sits. "Please be more careful~ I wouldn't know what to do if you died~" A shake of the head. No, Mystia!

Ahem! With the manner of a boss, you clear your throat. "First, Mystia, you help this bunch complete the mission. Grieving takes second hat to duty to the Empress, got it?" A blank stare, then a slight nod. "Second, I'm not going to die. Between you and the squad, I'm pretty safe." A reassuring pat on her shoulder. "Alright?" A second passes, before she gives you a muted nod. "Good."

*Ca-thunk!* The train jolts slightly, as it passes over a slight bump. Whoa, when did the train start moving? You must have been paying less attention than you thought: the train's already on it's way. When you look at Mystia again, it seems she's somewhat caught up in her thoughts. You think it's probably not a good idea to bother her now, but you wanted to talk to a certain rabbit anyways.

"Hey, Tewi?" You get up and walk over to her: on the boxes, you can see her eye to eye. A wide grin appears on her face as she looks to you, eyes full of mischief, of cunning, of blackmail. Oh, shit.

"Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees?" Errr, oh, fuck. Uhhhhh....

A nervous stutter takes over your lips. "Err, well, see, uh...." Before you make a damn fool of yourself, though, Wriggle intercedes.

"Hey, Sarge! Come 'ere, I need you to listen to this!" The little boy girl speaks up, looking considerably worried. Tewi winks at you, before hopping off to go see what the hell Wriggle wants... leaving you alone.

A moment passes, before you hear Tewi call, "Cirno, Daiyousei, Rumia, git over here!" The three look up, surprised, before getting up and walking over to where Wriggle and Tewi are, on the other side of the car. Light subtext much, Tewi? They're huddling up conspiritorially now, looking at you and whispering now. What the hell are they talking about?

[ ] Go see what the fuck's up.

[ ] Let them have their privacy and wait for them to approach you about it.

[ ] Try to get Mystia to go eavesdrop.
>> No. 23269
File 126006855687.jpg - (617.74KB , 800x725 , Super Math Ran Kaguya.jpg ) [iqdb]
23269
Sorry for late update, am working on a 6-8 page essay on the faggotry that is throwing the mentally ill into the prison system. For those who actually kinda like SaCL, that'll update when I'm done with that, followed with an update here, if I have enough votes.

Sorry for the trouble, I'm doing my best.
>> No. 23270
[x] Go see what the fuck's up.

This is your mission after all. All info should be made known to you.
>> No. 23271
[x] Go see what the fuck's up.
>> No. 23276
[x] Go see what the fuck's up.

>>23269
We expect that you make up for it after you are done.
>> No. 23316
[X] Go see what the fuck's up.