[Return]
Archived Thread

File 124227683557.jpg - (345.21KB , 832x800 , 天人インフエンザの伝染病.jpg ) [iqdb]
19777 No. 19777
>>19717 >>19735
Thanks for the Feedback.

As for the Yama issue...we'll just leave it at that. But, Yamada can be fairly nice at times.
--------------------------
[] Invite the pair in. (for tea)

“…You’d better come in then,” you mumble half heartedly, slouching as the tall celestial looks on expectantly. “Try not to get too close to Chen, she gets rashes easily.” You continue, and much to your surprise, the tall celestial steps away obligingly, a broad, sincere smile on his handsome features. In contrast, Hinanawi’s surly looking daughter’s face blackens- one could almost hear her teeth grinding in utter defiance. But slowly, and ever so grudgingly, she steps back, her manacles rattling, compliant under her father’s stern gaze, though she does spare you a venomous glare.

Charming.

“Follow me,” you order, picking up Chen with relative ease, and easing her onto your back for a more manageable journey. “It’s not too far off.”

“Walking?” the girl spits, before mumbling something incomprehensible under her breath.

“Yes, walking.” You answer smartly, and hopping off the tiled roof and onto the stacks of bricks- centuries old. The remnants of the dream of rebuilding the town; never realized. Still it’s an easy way to get to the ground with someone else on your back. “Watch your step over here- and here; don’t step on the cracked bricks.” You warn. Hinanawi nods, stepping down along side you, steadily descending with measured steps- there’s an almost somber formality to him. And most strangely, the Celestial Lord, to your perspective looks tired.

It is obvious he’s giving you a measure of respect- showing you some “face” per say, by lowering himself to your level and walking alongside you- as if you were equals. But it doesn’t feel quite right after all. His daughter- Chiko, was it? Or Tenko? It didn’t really matter- descends the five meter drop, drifting through the air effortlessly, till she lands on the packed earth below with a flourish, ahead of you by far, conniving smirk on her face. From there, it doesn’t take you long to reach to reach home.

Yukari greets you at the door, sliding the rickety thing open with a bang as you approach, an unwary smile on her sweat slicked face. You watch with some faint amusement as her “What took you so long!-“fades into a small, “oh…” And with hat, the sliding door slams shut with a terrible crash, sending the windows rattling throughout the house of Yakumo.

“Lady Yukari,” Hinanawi acknowledges with a broad smile, as your sister figure emerges once again. A rather irritable looking figure with a surgical mask strapped tightly across her face and a pair of thick yellow rubber gloves on her hands- looking every bit like a SARS quarantine victim. With the temperament to match, you might add. She’s changed out of her gym uniform.

“Feh… you two! Come in and don’t touch anything!” Yukari orders, voice slightly muffled. “And let’s get Chen to her room.” She continues, looking at you.

Your encounter continues once Chen is safely installed back in her own futon, with all of you seated at the Yakumo family table; Yukari, with her rather strained smile on one side, Hinanawi and his openly scowling daughter on the other, and you serving as a buffer, seated between the two opposing factions, keeping them separate at the table.

“ Ah? Is that?” Hinanawi begins, the gaudy blade that you left leaning against the wall next to the inert gap catching his eye. “Ah, so that’s what happened to my sword. Once again, I find that you’ve lied to me, Chiko…” he says, looking fairly disappointed, all in all. In this situation, you almost feel bad for the girl. Not too bad of course.

Of course, you being you, a mere human in this strange existence, become the target for Miss Chiko’s malice once more. Quite obviously this was the last place she’d expect her (or her father’s) sword to turn up, having dropped it whilst fleeing an enraged Yukari. And to her credit, she has sense enough not to stare in that manner towards Yukari or her father. Which, unfortunately, leaves you. Manacles or no manacles, weak celestial or not- you still feel rather uncomfortable under her glare, which promises much execution in your immediate future, should she get free.

“Get to the point.” Yukari orders, eyes narrowing over the fabric of her mask. “You can discipline your child later.”

“Right you are, Lady Yukari,” Hinanawi smiles, the very figure of amicability. “Ah-“ At this point Ran bustles in, masked and gloved- and apron-ed to be on the safe side, teapot and cups at hand. She places the streaming vessels on the table before stalking off, auburn hairs falling in strands from her tails and crumbling to dust, grumbling audibly all the way.

“Sorry about that!” Hinanawi call after her. “Ah….tea…now where should I start?” he pours himself a cup, before offering to pour for Yukari, who naturally declines. Not that many Youkai would willingly consume anything touched by a celestial, but you supposed that it was a polite gesture, nonetheless.

“Well?”

“Ah right…to the point…Chiko here, as you know, has been brought before the Yama and been allotted a suitable punishment for her actions and-“ Hinanawi begins.

“Then why is she still here?” Yukari asks, tilting her head slightly to fix the younger Hinanawi with a half stare. “Usually, if I remember correctly, the Yama’s decrees are effective immediately, and since your daughter her is still here, I assume you did something to influence the Yama’s decision, Am I right?”

Yukari’s right on the dot it seems; you watch with an odd sense of “as expected” as Hinanawi nods once, looking for all the world, despite his stature and significance, like a abashed schoolboy, caught in the act of misbehaving. “I requeted that the Jade Emperor to leave Chiko’s punishment to me- they would have entombed her under a mountain for a century- like Son Goku, but I convinced the Celestial Court otherwise.” Hinanawi pauses for a breath, while Yukari sighs.

“I should have known…” she mutters.

“But on one condition,” Hinanawi continues, ignoring Yukari comment. “That a Yama was to advise me on a suitable punishment- and well, Yamaxanadu and I had words and I convinced her to show my daughter a little more leniency.”

“You sweet-talked the Yama?” Yukari snorts, looking incredulous.

“No!” Hinanawi denies, looking angry for the first time today. “But that is not the point. My daughter here, will be stripped of her status and powers as a celestial and banished to the human realm, for the span of one lifetime. Yamaxanadu was insistent on a span of at least three lifetimes, and to have her memories erased and to be born into the world naturally, but…as I said, she saw things my way.”

“And so, why are you here, and what do you want with my little brother? Haven’t you already gotten what you want, Lord Hinanawi?” Yukari challenges, her voice hard, despite her easy demeanor. You wince as her hand grabs yours from under the table tightening painfully.

>> No. 19778
“You want more leniency don’t you, Lord Hinanawi?” Yukari accuses. “You want him to waste his time and effort in his life to take care of your daughter in the human realm for you, don’t you? How is this punishment? You spoil her too much!”

“And how is ensuring the best for my daughter in her time of banishment spoiling her, Yukari?” Hinanawi’s voice rises dangerously. A table leg snaps as he brings his fist down- not due to the force of impact (he never slams his fist), but rather due to the massive weight of his arm on the table. He looks down slowly, and studies the broken piece for a moment, before grudgingly lifting his arm off the wooden surface.

The table wobbles nervously, on three legs now.

And silence reigns.

With both Yukari and Hinanawi glaring at each other, you turn your gaze away; not really daring to look at them, lest you attract unwanted attention. And so, you study Chiko intently- she’s looking away from her father, knuckles white as her fingers clench the cold iron of her manacles tightly. She’s scared. For all her bravado and malice, the girl sitting across, next to her father is scared. And honestly, you’re scared too. But…

“Onee-san, Lord Hinanawi, calm down.” You say mustering up your resolve and turning your gaze back to the Youkai and the Celestial. There’s definitely no need for a fight here, especially since you’ll be in close proximity to it, should one break out. “Please sit down,” you press, noting their apparent unwillingness to budge.

Finally, and agonizingly slowly, much to your utter surprise, they do. The two of them sinking back down into their seats, their contest of wills, over. You let out your breath; you realize that you’ve been holding it. “Forgive my rudeness Lady Yukari,” Hinanawi apologizes smoothly, no hint of unwillingness to his tone, much in despite of his demeanor.

“True.” Yukari conceded. “I suppose I was a little hasty. The decision,” she pauses, directing a look at you,” weather to help your daughter or not, is not mine to make after all. I’m not the one living in the human realm. But first, tell us about your proposal.”

“Of course,” Hinnawi agrees, sparing his daughter a concerned look. He shrugs as Chiko ignores him, and continues. “Seeing that your stay in Gensokyo is temporary, I would have arranged for Chiko’s arrival to your doorstep by the time you’ve returned to your dwelling. Your task would be to make her transition into human society as easy as possible.”

You nod. It seemed simple enough. But…

You feel Little Miss Hinanawi’s sour stare. Worth it? You doubt so. She’s almost killed you once already. Not that you would mind helping her-once or twice, but you had a slight feeling that prolonged contact with Chiko would spell badly for your continued good health.

“Of course there will be some form of compensation for your efforts,” Hinanawi continues. “Having a celestial patron could be beneficial for you.” He trails of suggestively.

You’re not particularly convinced. For all his power and might, Lord Hinanawi, with all due respect, would never be a particularly successful salesman- or a lawyer. How did he “sweet-talk” a Yama anyway? What about school and school fees? She looks like a middle schooler after all. Did he even think this through?

Hinanawi just looks at you, as if you’ve made a very funny joke. “School? What are you talking about? Girls don’t go to school!” And so it turned out that the last time he visited the human realm was about two hundred years ago.

“Consider it, young man. “Hinanawi says finally, as you see the Celestial Lord to the door, a full hour later- having sated his curiosity for the human realm. “I will be sending my one and only daughter, alone and helpless into a strange new world. I could not leave her out there unaided. Please do consider it. Give your answer to your sister before you leave. She will convey it to me. Come, Chiko.” With that Hinanawi strides through the doorway, his daughter at his side.

Yes, he does look tired. He looks less than he is- like a worry worn man; like so many in the human realm beyond. You sigh as you shut the sliding door; but why should he make you tired as well? You watch as Yukari retreats to her chambers, claiming dizziness and need of rest and sigh once more.

Which leaves you to sweep up all of Ran’s loose tail hairs.
-------------------------
One day left till you return to the Human realm. Mayohiga would be a decidedly gloomy place with both Ran and Yukari lying around with Celestial rash. But still…you don’t feel like going off too far either.

[] Laze about anyway. You need to think.
[] You wonder if the library would still be open. A quiet place to think…
[] To town. Keine sensei might provide some insight.
[] Hakurei Shrine. Reimu’s good at listening- sometimes.
[] You’ll go home early…make your decision.

Feel free to write in sensibly, but please don't combine choices.
--------------------------
It's been a long time since I've drawn anything, and I suppose my lack of practice shows. Practice, practice...
I suppose the transition to the Chireiden (SA) arc is inevitable...
>> No. 19779
[] You wonder if the library would still be open. A quiet place to think…
>> No. 19780
>directing a look at you,” weather
>weather

Ow, right in the grammar.

[x] You wonder if the library would still be open. A quiet place to think…
>> No. 19782
>>19777
I was expecting a marriage proposal. I was not expecting this.

Still rather curious as to how the hell he talked Eiki out of raping Tenshi with a punishment too strong.

On the other hand, teaching Tenshi how not to be a bitch sounds kind of fun. It appeals to both my inner sadist and masochist.

Also, the bitch is totally going to school. Lord Hinanawi really should be informed of that.
>> No. 19784
[] You wonder if the library would still be open. A quiet place to think…

if Closed
[] Hakurei Shrine. Reimu’s good at listening- sometimes.
>> No. 19785
File 124228692417.jpg - (347.66KB , 750x750 , ab248df696b1119138c4e3edc518006b.jpg ) [iqdb]
19785
[!/] Hakurei Shrine. Reimu’s good at listening- sometimes.

Time to put this wakimiko to the test.
She does have to live with a "evil" ghost(?) and oni freeloaders.
>> No. 19786
She has to do this for length of a single lifetime, correct? The solution is quite simple. Accept the terms, then make the offer to kill her. This should be far preferable to her than living a life in shame and squalor. She'll simply reincarnate as a celestial again and is now out of your hair for good. In return, Hinanawi fulfills his promise of recompense by working his celestial charm on the Yama once you yourself are up for judgment.
>> No. 19787
[x] You wonder if the library would still be open. A quiet place to think…
>> No. 19788
[x] Hakurei Shrine. Reimu’s good at listening- sometimes.

Yeah, it probably would be a good idea to get another not-entirely-willing landlord's opinion on things.
>> No. 19797
[x] Hakurei Shrine. Reimu’s good at listening- sometimes.

We can give Reimu her present now.
>> No. 19799
[] You wonder if the library would still be open. A quiet place to think…

If its advise you need for this matter, I would think that either Patchie or Keine would be a better choice than Reimu. Reimu, for one is about your age. More experience with fighting youkai? Yes, but certainly not much more experience in life.
Suika would probably take care of herself fairly well, and on a whole is much more agreeable than this un-moe sulky tenshi we have here.

Both Patchie and Keine are more knowledgeable, and have the experience in these matters: Willful Flandre and spitfire Moukou.Both not particularly the best tenants.

And I've always wondered. Is anon in generally allergic to Patchie interactions? There seems to be this trend.
>> No. 19800
[x] You wonder if the library would still be open. A quiet place to think…
>> No. 19801
[x] You wonder if the library would still be open. A quiet place to think…
>> No. 19803
I wonder though, why would the yama want to have her memories erased /as a punishment/, isn't it much more nasty to let her live with the memories of being shamed? Oblivion is release from pain, not punishment.
[x] Hakurei Shrine. Reimu’s good at listening- sometimes.
>> No. 19805
[x] You wonder if the library would still be open. A quiet place to think…

I'm following the voting trend here, but really, I've already made my decision, which consists of something roughly along the lines of "fuck 'im".
>> No. 19806
[x] You wonder if the library would still be open. A quiet place to think…

I like this proposal, but I hate Chiko with a flaming passion. Regardless, I think we should accept, simply because this character has never truly been explored and done justice. If anything we could use a punching bag ...
>> No. 19809
[] Laze about anyway. You need to think.

>YUKARI
>IN A GYM UNIFORM

Keep voting to lazy around and we will get to see something nice.
>> No. 19814
>>19809

She's covered in a celestial rash right now.
>> No. 19819
>>19814

She will change back into the uniform. Just laze around and you will see it happening.
>> No. 19831
[x] Laze about anyway. You need to think.

The landlord cannot refuse his guests.
>> No. 19832
[X] Laze about anyway. You need to think.

You never know, someone might come by to visit. At the very least, we'll have Chen for company. We can always help out Big Sis Yukarin, and Mommy Ran, too, given that it's basically our fault that their not feeling so well at the moment.
>> No. 19833
Why no Sanae option?
>> No. 19840
[x] You wonder if the library would still be open. A quiet place to think…

finally more Patchy
>> No. 19845
>Both Patchie and Keine are more knowledgeable, and have the experience in these matters: Willful Flandre and spitfire Moukou

Keine and Mokou are ok, but Patchouli and Flandre? As far as I know, Patchouli just make sure Flandre will get back to the basement. I don't see what's the connection between that and what we have now.

>And I've always wondered. Is anon in generally allergic to Patchie interactions? There seems to be this trend.

Lol, what? We've had plenty of interaction with Patchouli in LoM, have you read the beggining and the party arc?

[X] Laze about anyway. You need to think.
>> No. 19847
[X] Laze about anyway. You need to think. About Yukari wearing that too-small gym suit, then picturing Sanae wearing it and trying to do Yoga.
>> No. 19852
File 124243428618.jpg - (317.34KB , 536x750 , 1206751721537.jpg ) [iqdb]
19852
>>19845
That's the point, we had great chemistry during the party, we need to get on top of this. In more ways than one.
>> No. 19853
>>19852

Nah, we've had enough. There are better targets to go for.
>> No. 19855
File 124244928493.jpg - (19.57KB , 449x338 , anglypatchouri.jpg ) [iqdb]
19855
>>19853
>> No. 19856
File 124244984366.png - (170.05KB , 566x428 , PatchyHat2.png ) [iqdb]
19856
>>19853

It's not that she is a bad target.

She is FORBIDDEN.
>> No. 19857
[x] You wonder if the library would still be open. A quiet place to think…
>> No. 19858
>>19855

With all the competition, Patchouli's anemia gets the better of her and she doesn't reach very high in the priority list. She is not bad, but not good enough.
>> No. 19859
File 124245589274.jpg - (127.49KB , 1024x1024 , lake.jpg ) [iqdb]
19859
>>19856
Personally, I'd would like to know why.
-----------------------------
[] You wonder if the library would still be open. A quiet place to think…

The next day begins early. For once, you, not Ran, are the first to awaken, having rolled off your futon sometime during the night. Stretching numbly, you sit up lethargically, the first hints of sunlight catching your eye as a small silver of it finds the crack in the window’s paneling. You get up somewhat reluctantly, though the strength returns to your limbs soon enough. It’s the last day of your trip and maybe you’ll visit the Library- if Miss Knowledge will have you. The library is supposedly open to the public these few days anyway.

It is still fairly early though, and you suppose you should help your afflicted family members feel more comfortable while you can. As a human, you don’t get highly itchy skin conditions from close proximity to celestial beings- in fact their purifying power actually cleanse the toxins from your body, but seeing Yukari and Ran…

Yukari tends to break out in angry red rashes- no doubt something fairly uncomfortable as it is. And complicating the situation, Yukari being Yukari, tends to scratch, which of course, makes things worse. Despite it all Yukari does heal quickly, though, the difference in potency between Chiko and her father is quite evident. Yukari will most definitely be confined in bed for the rest of the day at least. Ran on the other hand, seems to have milder symptoms despite some hair loss, (particularly of her tails) though, she did get a slight migraine.

You decide to let them rest.

You finally do leave when the sun is well risen, having boiled enough water to fill all three of Ran’s vacuum containers with hot water, for, well…just in case either of the two felt like something hot to drink. They could mix up something warm quickly. Oh, and some breakfast for them as well. Your congee isn’t as good as Ran’s but its edible, perhaps even palatable.

The fine spring weather, thankfully, holds out. It’s still nice and breezy, if still chilly, two or so hours later, as you step past the threshold of the iwakura. This is good, since you lacked the foresight to bring an umbrella for Gensokyo’s rainy springs. According to your sources, the library was located in the lakeside mansion- practically impossible to miss. It dominates the surrounding lands, being the largest structure around. You could make out a clock tower, of all things, even as far off as you are. Tell the time, even.

And as if to make things easier for you- its European styled, and roofed in scarlet terracotta. The owner of this place most definitely wants to be seen. No one passing the lake region of the sealed lands could overlook the imposing mansion. Though, if you had someone to listen to your opinion, it was….slightly out of place for the setting.

And that getting there would take a bit longer than you had expected, seeing that it’s on the opposite side of the lake. Ah well, you’ll stretch your legs then…a shadow passes over you, catching your attention. It’s nothing really unusual though, seeing that many of Gensokyo’s populace can fly. It was someone on a broom? It’s too hard to tell from where you are.

Either way, you’re not achieving much by standing around and doing nothing. You prepare to leave, though-

“Hey hey! Human!” an energetic voice calls, drifting from the lakeside itself. “Need to cross quickly?”

You know that voice, don’t you? Faries by nature, don’t change overly much throughout the years…”Cirno, is that you?” you ask, glaring suspiciously at the rushes by the water. You recall seeing her at Reimu’s party but, you hadn’t the time (and inclination) to talk at the time.

“Yah, its Cirno.” The voice agrees, “Stupid Daiyousei! She told me that I sound more…ahhhh…mat…matu…matur…OLDer if I pinch my nose when I order my lackeys!”

You sigh, watching as the reeds sway and trash about as someone emerges from the water. “Lackeys?” you wonder. Just what have you been doing these all this time?

“Good mor-ning customer!” the voice rings, and sure enough, Cirno’s head pops out, into your field of vision.

“Ah…what-“you begin.

“Wait! Wait! Wait!” Cirno screeches, as if you were the one interrupting her. And, “customer”? What does she want anyway…Cirno had been, during your early years in Gensokyo shrewd and cunning, if not particularly well read (or even literate) at all. And years of exposure to that had developed a sense of impeding disaster, ringing true, every time she took that tone and set off on her latest venture. Not that you could be considered farsighted in anyway. Cirno’s ventures invariably ended with a single outcome- which is stated above.

“Wait-what are you doing-are you singing?”

“Here comes bishoujo-Cirno-chan, over the air, uh air to youuuuu~!” she trails off.

“…there’s a reason for this, right?” you ask. By the looks of it, she doesn’t even recognize you. You hadn’t really expected her to either way.

“Of course! I am advertising for Cirnocorp. I’ve got mono..monopo…I own all the business on the lake!” the petite fairy state proudly. “Remi taught me how to do business!”

“Business?…monopoly?...you?” You stumble, reduced to these lines. How did this happen? “What is it you do here?”

“Good choice! Cirnocorp never fails to deliver quaili…good service! That will be a ¥1000.” She states, a proud little smile on her face and her hands on her hips.

“For what? You haven’t done anything yet” you rebuke.

“You want to cross the lake right? I’ll make you an ice bridge for the low low price of ¥1000! Oh! And if you want a frog, those are ¥250 each! Get them before they melt and run away!” She offers with a wink.

Ah. You supposed that there would be little competition in this area… Remi taught her huh? She must be one intelligent fairy. But then again, in Gensokyo, don’t most denizens just fly over the lake? You glance at Cirno oddly. “I’m your first customer?” you ask. That particular though has been nagging you for a bit.

“No way! You’re number two! Mei Mei was my number one! So you don’t get the discount!”

Ah…someone did humor her then. Most flight capable people would just fly over the lake, come to think of it and the non flight capable ones wouldn’t really walk across an ice bridge in the midst of the warming weather would they?

[] The long route seems more sensible.
[] But the long route is so long~…you’ll cross if she promises to keep the ice nice and thick. She promised quality after all.

And on an unrelated note.
[] Humor her and buy a frog?
-----------------------
Writing is quite calming actually. As is learning a foreign language. Though I suppose I'll be very busy over the next few months.
>> No. 19861
File 124245897239.jpg - (143.14KB , 466x1600 , CirnoCherishingSociety.jpg ) [iqdb]
19861
[X] But the long route is so long~…you’ll cross if she promises to keep the ice nice and thick. She promised quality after all.
[X] Humor her and buy a frog.

Ah, Cirno~

I can't deny her.
>> No. 19862
File 124245901648.jpg - (85.47KB , 400x468 , alsoSICP.jpg ) [iqdb]
19862
[x] Buy her a frog, but make a deal. If she can freeze it and it will not break, you can cross for free! If not, you'll pay for 4 frogs and the ice bridge fee.

33% chance? Sounds like 100% to me.

>Personally, I'd would like to know why.

The main Touhous interacted with in the original CYOA all have yet to receive a respective end. Excluding Sakuya. (Never interacted enough with Remilla to be considered a main interest.)
These are:

Keine, Mokou, Cirno, Patchy, Flandre and Meiling.

It can be argued some of the list have received a end through various methods. However, we have yet to actually stick our PONOS in their VAGOOO canonically.

I don't count the SDM Anon story ending.
Good luck trying to retcon out a chaste hero, Anon writefag.
>> No. 19863
File 124245912520.png - (630.62KB , 972x880 , 45ae229436f85ae3e8748c8e6960d7b1.png ) [iqdb]
19863
>>19861

It's dangerous to go alone. Take this!
>> No. 19864
>>19862

Dr Doujin's (and by extension Scorn's in /at/) story is just a wank-fest, so it doesn't count either. And will never be finished either
>> No. 19865
>>19862
Have you ever given it the thought of TRYING? You know, throwing this pissy reason to the curb and actually going after one of these routes? You have imagination. You have logic. Fill in the blanks.
>> No. 19866
[X] Buy her a frog, but make a deal. If she can freeze it and it will not break, you can cross for free! If not, you'll pay for 4 frogs and the ice bridge fee.
[X] Give Cirno a hair ruffle after crossing regardless of outcome.
>> No. 19867
[] The long route seems more sensible.

Whatever you do, don't give her a frog. It's only going to get us in trouble.
>> No. 19868
>>19867

She's selling you frogs for 250 yen. We're not giving her a frog.

[] But the long route is so long~…you’ll cross if she promises to keep the ice nice and thick. She promised quality after all.
>> No. 19871
[X] Buy her a frog, but make a deal. If she can freeze it and it will not break, you can cross for free! If not, you'll pay for 4 frogs and the ice bridge fee.
[X] Give Cirno a hair ruffle after crossing regardless of outcome.
>> No. 19874
>>19868

I really should read before voting. Sageing self.
>> No. 19877
>>19862
Are you mentally ill? The SICP image and insane argument against Patchy aside, your vote...

>Buy her a frog
We are buying them from her, not for her.

>If she can freeze it and it will not break, you can cross for free! If not, you'll pay
So we pay if she fails? Admittedly, this is Cirno so it might work, but...
>> No. 19878
[x] The long route seems more sensible.
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE.
>> No. 19879
[] The long route seems more sensible.
>> No. 19882
>>19865


Have you forgotten Anon changes targets every new thread?

ELA is a prime example. And the endless struggle in YWUiG.
>> No. 19883
[x] The long route seems more sensible.
>> No. 19884
[x] But the long route is so long~…you’ll cross if she promises to keep the ice nice and thick. She promised quality after all.
>> No. 19885
[x] The long route seems more sensible.
>> No. 19886
[x] The long route seems more sensible.
>> No. 19887
[x] The long route seems more sensible.
>> No. 19888
[x] But the long route is so long~…you’ll cross if she promises to keep the ice nice and thick. She promised quality after all.
>> No. 19901
[x] The long route seems more sensible.
>> No. 19902
[x] Buy her a frog, but make a deal. If she can freeze it and it will not break, you can cross for free! If not, you'll pay for 4 frogs and the ice bridge fee
>> No. 19906
[x] The long route seems more sensible.
>> No. 19907
[X] The long route seems longer.
>> No. 19908
just ask her to fly you over, I mean god damn
>> No. 19909
>>19908
Thank you for paying attention during Momiji's and Hina's scenes.
>> No. 19913
File 124274877626.jpg - (199.08KB , 800x705 , cirno.jpg ) [iqdb]
19913
[] The long route seems more sensible.

“No thank you,” you decline quickly, suppressing a shiver of the though of the cold waters of the lake. The though of nothing but a thin layer of ice of somewhat dubious quality, keeping you out of the frigid waters is more than sufficient to dampen your enthusiasm for a shorter route. Besides, the day is a fine one, if a little cold and the lakeside scenery more than makes up for it.

“But…but...The long route is so long~! Cirno cries. “And-and, walking is tiring! Don’t you think that my nice ice bridge is a much super…supir…better way?”

Enough. You have to stop this senseless prattle.

“…I’ll buy a frog. ¥250 right?”

Cirno’s face snaps from an expression of odd despair to one of rapt attention at once, with her hands coming together; she bends over in a poor imitation of a salesperson’s bow – in mid air and with as little sincerity she could put in as possible- before snatching the coins out of your hands with an almost indecent haste. “Awesome!” she squeals enthusiastically, “come with me, we’ll go get you your frog now!”

Insincere, perhaps, but there’s no denying that she’s happy.

You watch as she flits over the rushes and disappears from sight, deciding not to follow. You don’t quite feel like getting soaked by wading amongst the rushes. Leave such endeavors to the people more suited for them; you’re quite fine where you are at the moment, thank you very much.

“Uaaa!” Cirno cries out. She rises from her hiding place, till only her head is visible, giving you a pleading look. “They all ran away…” she states helplessly. “I took so long to collect them all too!”

“Ah…” you let out, before raising your hand towards Cirno, palms open and waiting.

“But-“

“Fine…fine. You owe me a frog then. I’ll remember even if you don’t.” you placate the girl. No doubt all her products have thawed off and swam away. You can spare that amount anyway…not that you needed an inanimate frog in any way. But, Cirno- as a merchant? A horribly inept and incompetent one no doubt, but playing a merchant was one of the last things you had expected her to end up doing. Even fairies grow up sooner or later huh? Now she’s emulating people, next time…

“Ah! Another customer!” Cirno’s yell breaks your train of thought.

A most unexpected one at that.

“Want to cross the lake? ¥1000 only!”

“Ah…Cirno. I appreciate it but your assistance is not required at the moment. I am…at Mei Ling’s advice, taking a walk and have no need to cross the lake.”

“Then that rather defeats the purpose doesn’t it, Miss Knowledge?” you cut in finally, a small smile on your face at this sight. Pale and still tired looking as always, but clad in a track suit, the mistress of the library stands before you. Or rather, floats before you. She’s perhaps twenty five centimeters off the ground, and plodding (gliding actually) forward at a leisurely pace.

“Oh, its you,’ she states, completely unflappable. “Nice day isn’t it? I hadn’t expected you of all people to be here. And I am taking a walk, just so you know- the more important part would be to get some fresh air, wouldn’t you say?” she angles her head towards you, awaiting your reply.

Personally, taking a walk would be more about getting some exercise, but whatever suits her… You merely nod, knowing that this would lead nowhere.

“And- my, you’ve made a good impression it seems.” Patchouli continues, while Cirno watches on with some interest.

“Good Impression?” you wonder out loud.

“With Remi.” Patchouli states simply. “Shall I elaborate? Very well then- in short, the Mansion received the first editions of the Hina- Shinbun this morning. You’ve been ranked one Gensokyo’s most eligible bachelors.” She looks rather amused, of all things.

“You’re serious?” you ask rather numbly. “But that doesn’t seem like something Hina would write…”

“You’re rather perceptive.” Patchouli compliments. “You’re right. It was co-authored and edited by Miss Shameimaru. Apparently, she’s expanding her operations.”

”That’s not a good thing…” you mutter.

“Perhaps. But it depends on what you’re looking for. Either way you’ve interested Remi enough for her to renew her interest in the human realm. Which is part of the reason why I left the library today. It is a little hard to concentrate with Remi digging through every old tome in the voile. She even brought out that old map of Paris we had…”

“Oh! I know that, I know that!” Cirno yells, interrupting. “I saw it on the book you gave me!”

“Hmm, you’ve read it? Good for you.” Patchouli replies. “I will admit that I am surprised.”

“Paris is the capital of Eu-ro-pe!” Cirno states knowingly. “A busniessfairy has to be smart!”

…Close enough… you state dryly.

“Good girl. Knowledge is power.” Patchouli encourages. “Read more will you? My doors are open, should you need it.”

“Awesome, thanks Patchy!” Chirno nods, before noticing movement in the rushes below. “Ah a frog!” she exclaims before turning to you, “Wait here! I’ll get it for you! It’s pretty big so you’ll be one satis….happy customer!”

“An interesting fairy…the first one I’ve seen that has taken any interest in actively reading and learning. Tai Chi from Mei Ling, Business from Remi…I gave her a child’s book at her request- one of Flandre’s old picture books about the countries of the world. I assumed that she wanted it because it was colorful but…it’s good to be proven wrong sometimes.” Patchouli goes on, finally sinking to the path with a sigh, soft shoes toughing earth not half a meter away from you.

“You’re happy?” you ask.

“Mmm…the knowledge in my library is not meant to be hoarded. It is open to the public on these days for a reason…but few people in Gensokyo are literate, let alone interested in learning…and others seek to take the books just for the sake of taking them…but…” Patchouli trails off. “I will take small victories where I can.” She smiles, looking at Cirno’s back as she darts through the reeds.

“And you, Gensokyo’s most eligible, taking a walk today as well?” she asks finally, turning to you.

“Hah…actually, I’m headed to the library.” You reply.

“Hmm I see…and I think I will be headed to Kourindou…the proprietor may have some new stock from the outside world…I don’t leave the Library often so I might as well take this opportunity.” Patchouli states thoughtfully. “The qualities of modern books have increased almost absurdly fast, and there is a fair possibility of finding a good piece…”she stops, before turning to you. “In my absence from the Library, Koakuma will assist you if necessary, but…”

“…I would not object to you accompanying me” she offers finally.

[] Go to the Library.
[] Accompany Patchouli to Kourindou
[] The lakeside is actually a fairly good place to think as well…

And on a side note;
[] Wait for Cirno to get your frog.
[] Announce your departure. She can give you the frog next time.
---------------------------
I don't know why, but this story segment seems quite awkward-I've probably lost my pacing...
>> No. 19914
[x] Accompany Patchouli to Kourindou
[x] Announce your departure. She can give you the frog next time.
>> No. 19916
[X] Accompany Patchouli to Kourindou.
[X] Announce your departure. She can give you the frog next time.

I'm intrigued by the idea of heading into the mansion and finding out just how much interest Remilia has taken in the Landlord, but Tracksuit Patchy makes my heart skipped a beat.

Also, GJ Aya.
>> No. 19917
[O] Accompany Patchouli to Kourindou
[O] Announce your departure. She can give you the frog next time.
>> No. 19918
[X] Accompany Patchouli to Kourindou.
[X] Announce your departure. She can give you the frog next time.

Ah, this Cirno is really cute.
>> No. 19919
File 124275644636.png - (10.26KB , 400x305 , 121285732330.png ) [iqdb]
19919
[!/] Accompany Patchouli to Kourindou.
[!/] Announce your departure. She can give you the frog next time.

Thanks, Aya.
Now we visit Kourin-dono. Who is probably gay for us.
>> No. 19920
[x] Accompany Patchouli to Kourindou
[x] Wait for Cirno to get your frog.
>> No. 19921
[X] Accompany Patchouli to Kourindou.
[X] Announce your departure. She can give you the frog next time.
>> No. 19922
[X] Accompany Patchouli to Kourindou.
[X] Announce your departure. She can give you the frog next time.
>> No. 19923
[X] Actually, maybe Reimu can have some advice. Go to the shrine.
[X] Wait for the frog.
>> No. 19926
[X] Accompany Patchouli to Kourindou
[X] Announce your departure. She can give you the frog next time.
[X] Offer to donate some of your old, unneeded books (read novels, books that will never be read, old textbooks, etc) to the library next time you come around. Or have Yukari bring them on your behalf.
>> No. 19930
[X] Accompany Patchouli to Kourindou
[X] Announce your departure. She can give you the frog next time.
[X] Offer to donate some of your old, unneeded books (read novels, books that will never be read, old textbooks, etc) to the library next time you come around. Or have Yukari bring them on your behalf.
>> No. 19932
[x] Accompany Patchouli to Kourindou
[x] Announce your departure. She can give you the frog next time.
>> No. 19933
>[] Offer to donate some of your old, unneeded books (read novels, books that will never be read, old textbooks, etc) to the library next time you come around. Or have Yukari bring them on your behalf.
we should save this for later
>> No. 19940
File 124291620573.jpg - (201.64KB , 829x1509 , patchu.jpg ) [iqdb]
19940
I tried to draw patchy, in a track suit, but I failed Both female and male forms are hard to draw, don't you think? I tend to ficus on the faces, but that is no way to improve...
---------------------
[] Accompany Patchouli to Kourindou
[] Announce your departure. She can give you the frog next time.

“…It’s even worse than the last time I visited,” you comment finally, staring at the scene before you. Kourin, you knew, from personal experience, despite his most vehement protests, was in fact a compulsive hoarder. Piles upon piles of discard items formed an oppressive maze in his dwelling at the outskirts of the forest, a daunting, yet alluring obstacle in your younger years- to brave the dark labyrinth of Kourin’s house.

Built for space and storage, Kourin’s shop house would have been far larger than the norm of the denizens of Gensokyo, but for what seemed at that time, to be one of every consumer item made since the Meiji era; which had made the prosperous dwelling seem like a cramped apartment. Everything, from an old harquebus to an object which Kourin had used as a vibrating back massager, (which by now, with yourself considerably older and wiser, would have identified as something which was most clearly not a “vibrating back massager”) occupied the space from wall to wall.

And now, even that seemed to be insufficient. The Labyrinth of Kourin had over the years, spilled over his wall’s ability to contain it.

Patchouli however, seems rather more interested in picking at a stack of soggy bunbunmaru shinbun rather than entering.

“Don’t!” she orders abruptly, just as your hand reaches for the sliding door.

“Ah, yes…sometimes I forget I’m not particularly human…” she continues in a whisper. “Morichika is currently having some company.” She stresses, tapping her forehead with one finger as she takes a step back.

“A customer?’ you reply. On hindsight, at least you had some sense to keep your voice down, if not the understanding to get it immediately.

“Oh, no, not a customer.” Patchouli snorts. “But we’d best not interrupt. I suppose…that it was best that he didn’t turn his attentions on Marisa after all. In my opinion, she is still overly naïve for such activities.”

“Oh…”

“You understand, don’t you?” Patchouli asks, half mockingly, her eyes meeting your own. There it is- a faint hint of amusement.

“Mmm…” you grunt. You did suppose that he could do whatever he wanted in his own house. After all, if your memory served you right, Kourin had only averaged four customers a week back then. Reimu, Marisa, yourself and whoever happened to pass by the secluded area at the time. Not much a chance of interruption indeed.

“…uaaaaa…ha…” A wail rings out- muffled and stifled. It must have been quite something to penetrate this far outside from Kourindou’s murky depths. For all her seeming poise, perhaps the librarian isn’t as unflappable as she seems, does it?

“You did hear that didn’t you?” you ask finally.

“Hear what?” Patchouli asks, after pause. Her eyes narrow, though she doesn’t quite meet your gaze. “…leave it at that will you? Don’t ask.”

“Ah…right…” you throw a furtive glance over your shoulder. Let’s not embarrass the lady shall we? You suddenly find an old school crossing sign to be quite worthy of your prolonged interest. The wall behind it though, really catches your attention. If Kourin ever got rid of his hoard, he would quickly freeze to death, seeing the state of his walls…

You jump as a terrible crash emanates from the rotten woodwork, a door slamming open followed by a series of steely impacts and bangs, echoing resonantly like bell orchestra- without any rhythm or volume control.

“…n’t worry about the pots…I should have…them properly…” A man’s voice calls, muffled and somewhat distorted. This is would be Kourin. Hopefully.

“…rry about that…-in’s been in a slump lately…can’t se…to do anything right…” another voice, this one a bit more ambiguous.

“…sill referring…yourself in third person?...must be quite a slump then…” Kourin’s voice draws closer, through the woodwork.

A hand taps you on the shoulder, breaking your concentration.

“…Scoot over….I want to listen…” Patchouli admits, looking away.

[] Sit and Listen. Oh Ran would scold you later, if she knew…
[] Go in straight through the front door. Like a man.
[] Back away slowly, and then run. Whatever you do, don’t get involved.

…Who is inside anyway…? You wonder…
Feel free to write in sensibly.

Also please do note that whoever's inside is already decided, but if possible, I would like to see who you guys think it is.
--------------------------

And also, please nitpick every error (grammar or spelling) you can find. I'm practicing so I wrote without a spellcheck. If you spot an error or something inappropriate, please do tell me.
>> No. 19942
>"Everything, from an old harquebus..."

It's arquebus.

[O] Go in straight through the front door. Like a man.

For hilarity.
>> No. 19943
[x] Go in straight through the front door. Like a man.

Whoo, Kourin's a freak~
>> No. 19944
[X] Sit and Listen. Oh Ran would scold you later, if she knew…

Hmmm. No clue.
>> No. 19946
[] Sit and Listen. Oh Ran would scold you later, if she knew…
>> No. 19947
[X] Sit and Listen. Oh Ran would scold you later, if she knew…

Knowing the general standard for who Kourin's partners are, I sincerely hope this isn't who I think it might be.
>> No. 19948
[x] Sit and Listen. Oh Ran would scold you later, if she knew…
Oneechan probably doesn't want us interrupting her happy time.
>> No. 19949
[X] Sit and Listen. Oh Ran would scold you later, if she knew…

Who do we know that talks in third person?
>> No. 19951
[X] Sit and Listen. Oh Ran would scold you later, if she knew…
Obviously it's
>> No. 19953
File 124292901624.jpg - (27.25KB , 404x300 , 105484121841.jpg ) [iqdb]
19953
>>19947

>Kourin's partners

Yukarin FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

>>19949

>talks in 3rd person

Probably not Yukarin

Anyways DAT PATCHU ASS
The 3rd person speaking, who is possibly clumsy, Touhou escapes me.
Surprise me.
[!/] Sit and Listen. Oh Ran would scold you later, if she knew…
>> No. 19954
>>19953

Samefag here, it could be Chen
But that would be soooo wrong.
>> No. 19955
>>19940
The only one that jumped out at me was
>I tend to ficus on the faces
Ficus is a plant. Though, that's an error anyone could make, seeing as the keys are next to each other.
>> No. 19957
[X] Sit and Listen. Oh Ran would scold you later, if she knew…
>> No. 19959
[X] Sit and Listen. Oh Ran would scold you later, if she knew…
[X] Scoot over for Patchy, though.
>> No. 19962
[] Sit and Listen. Oh Ran would scold you later, if she knew…
>> No. 19964
>I would like to see who you guys think it is.
Well...
>“…rry about that…-in’s been in a slump lately…can’t se…to do anything right…”
>“…sill referring…yourself in third person?
Eirin
Orin
Yukari(n)
Satori(n)
Kikuri(n) [highly unlikely]
Rin Satsuki [almost certainly not]
Chiyuri(n) [highly unlikely]
Meiling [really stretching it]
Patchouli [I don't think I'm even thinking anymore]
Merlin Prismriver
Reisen (Udongein) [Probably not]
Medicine [Highly unlikely and really, sort of creepy.]
Komachi(n)
Nitori(n)
Nazrin
Ichirin Kumoi

My money is on Nitori, Eirin, or Yukari.
I'll also consider Merlin, Meiling, and Komachi as perfectly viable but less-likely candidates.

Also of note:
>“…n’t worry about the pots…I should have…them properly…” A man’s voice calls, muffled and somewhat distorted. This is would be Kourin. Hopefully.
...see http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Article_and_Interview:_Rinnosuke

>And also, please nitpick every error (grammar or spelling) you can find. I'm practicing so I wrote without a spellcheck. If you spot an error or something inappropriate, please do tell me.
I could list them quicker on IRC and save space in here.
>> No. 19965
[x] Sit and Listen. Oh Ran would scold you later, if she knew…

Forgot to vote.
>> No. 19967
>>19942

Actually, either spelling is correct; "harquebus" is just a tad more archaic and actually closer to the original Dutch word, haakbus. "Harkbus" and "hackbut" are also acceptable, but rarely used.

Anyway

[x] Sit and Listen. Oh Ran would scold you later, if she knew…
>> No. 19969
[x] Sit and Listen. Oh Ran would scold you later, if she knew…
>> No. 19971
>>19964
>>19953

Except that Onee-chan is lying in bed covered in rashes.
>> No. 19972
>>19971

Which means she was really craving and they're both kinky as heck.

If it's Chen though, I say we try to kill a half-youkai, to keep up with the suicidal slant the protagonist has.
>> No. 19973
>>19972

For all we know it could be Yuukarin.

But the chances of it be that are astronomically low.
>> No. 19974
[+] Sit and Listen. Oh, Ran would scold you later, if she knew ...

Complete left field, longshot, cold day in hell guess: "Kourin" ends with "-in." Clone.
>> No. 19975
>>19974

It's always frozen in Cocytus.
>> No. 19979
>>19974
I realized this was a possibility. I refused to think of it further.

>>19971
Ooh. Good point; duh.
>> No. 19980
>>19964

Um. I should note that the mysterious girl there is referring to someone else whose name ends with -in. So that would merely help us figure out who might be the mysterious girl's friend, from which we can extrapolate the identity of the girl there.
>> No. 19981
>>19980
>“…rry about that…-in’s been in a slump lately…can’t se…to do anything right…” another voice, this one a bit more ambiguous.

>“…sill referring…yourself in third person?...must be quite a slump then…” Kourin’s voice draws closer, through the woodwork.

Pay attention, dear.
>> No. 19982
[x] Go in straight through the front door. Like a man.

WA WA WA WASUREMONO~

You are some dumb motherfuckers who don't realize who it is. Why did you think Patchouli is so amused?
>> No. 19985
>>19982

FUCK, Landlord now looks like Taniguchi.
>> No. 19987
>.must be quite a slump then

Oh...fuck

It's probably IKU
>> No. 19988
>>19987
>refers to herself in third person

Yeah, no.
>> No. 19990
>>19985
FFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 20029
File 124324940059.jpg - (344.71KB , 800x966 , パチュリー.jpg ) [iqdb]
20029
I think, that I've been writing nonsense lately. All substandard ramblings and other things... But still, despite shaken confidence and the prospect of impending doom, if something is worth doing, its worth doing well. I may not be able to update as much from, next week onwards, but I'll still try.

--------------------
[] Sit and Listen. Oh Ran would scold you later, if she knew…

“Ah right…why?” You gather to ask, kneeling alongside your companion. Ran would disapprove but, she isn’t here, is she?

Patchouli merely gives you a long stare. “This is…something that should be kept within the tenants of the Mansion.” She states, almost in a lecturing tone, though she relents. “That…sounded very much like-“

She didn’t manage to finish though.

As, with a clatter of bamboo and glass, the amassed objects piled up against the wall falls outwards, right towards the two of you. You suppress a swearword as sections of worm eaten wooden sheets and an entire length of moldy sackcloth collapse, sending you ducking aside with as much agility as you could muster, and doing your best not to slip on one of the smaller trinkets rolling about your feet.

Something gives way beneath you and soon enough, you’re on the ground, spread eagled and staring up into the sky-no not the sky, just the damp ridden fabric of a large old sack. You tentatively raise an arm- good it still works…but your back…twisting, you reach behind and pull out a broken alarm clock- much better. Now that that’s finished, it’s on to the next issue- the pressure on your abdomen.

“Right- sorry,” Patchouli apologizes, rolling off. “And, shhh! Keep down!” she orders, her voice barely a whisper. Slowly, very slowly, she raises a finger to her lips, emphasizing her point. You are vaguely glad that, with Patchouli leaning over you almost sensually, breathing hard and with hair tossed over her shoulders that real life does not work quite like a romantic comedy. Patchouli seems the type to take things logically anyway, so you’re spared any form of exaggerated outrage.

Still, you get an odd idea that that tiny voice at the back of your head, has done something right for once. Despite her illness and seeming frailty, the girl before you is, you’ll have to admit, more than just attractive. But enough about that- this isn’t really the place, is it?

“Honestly, Kourin.” A voice rings out, prompting you to lie as still as you possibly can. Patchouli seems to agree as well, lowering herself gently onto the ground asides you, breathing shallow and expression, most clearly not amused. But you supposed that all in all, it was better than moving, struggling and getting caught. No doubt that the person in question, whoever her, or she was, would probably not take kindly to an open interruption to their privacy.

“If you keep you windows shut all the time, you’ll suffocate yourself eventually. How do you live like that?” Someone asks, a clear, confident- yet not, tone. “Here, I’ll open a few more- let a little more light in the house. It’ll be good for the both of us.”

Accented too- though you cannot really quite put your finger on which nationality’s accent it is. A bit of a European’s attempts to speak in native. French maybe? Yet it sounds perfectly natural, at the same time! Every pitch and syllable is sounds appropriate, which, in the face of your earlier statements, doesn’t make much sense at all.

The sound of more collapsing material rings out throughout the clearing.

“Much better.” The voice comments in satisfaction. Definitely female too. Sorry Kourin, for doubting your preferences. “And your place too….looks just like our little NEET’s chambers. You could use a clean up-“

“I certainly hope that she isn’t referring to me…” Patchouli whispers, more than a little testily, getting yur attention. “I’ll have something to talk about when I get back to the mansion…NEET huh…”

“You know who it is?” You ask, moving slowly, turning your head to face her’s. “You act like you recognize her.”

“I think I recognize the voice of our head maid. Her accent is…unique, there’s nothing else quite like it…somewhat offworldly, I would say” Patchouli explains finally. “But,” she continues. “I would appreciate it, if you kept this to yourself…there is no need to announce this incident to the whole of Gensokyo.”

You agree. At any rate, you didn’t know anything about this head maid anyway.

A clink of porcelain. A sliver laugh. “Gyoukuro? My, you spoil me.”

“My best tea. Nothings too good for the lady,” Kourin’s voice replies smoothly. “Besides, if I leave it lying about, Reimu will just come and leech it off me eventually anyway. Better that I waste it on you instead. I can’t offer you any sweets though, it’s the season for Sakura mochi, but Marisa ate them all the last time.”

“You really dote on them, hmm…”

“…well, they can be cute at times.” He admits, with a laugh.

Marisa? Cute? Reimu, perhaps, but…and time goes on.

“Maid Rpg? You want this book?” Kourin says finally, sounding more than a little surprised. “You want the Maid Rpg?” He repeats for emphasis.

“Hmmm…Do I seem weird?” she ask, voice falling into a soft, oddly lilting tone.

“Ahahahaha~, coming from you, it’s cute I suppose,” Kourin, laughs, recovering quickly. “Here, take it, have some fun- maybe you’ll get over your slump. At least you’re not referring to yourself in third person anymore.”

The clack of chairs being pushed back rings out. “I’ll walk you back?” Kourin offers.

“Hmm? There’s no need, I can fly. But I don’t mind walking with you for a bit,” she replies, obviously more than happy at the prospect. “At least to the edge of the clearing.”

“Finally…” you mutter, as the sliding door shuts with a muffled bang. You were beginning to get stiff. “Come on, lets get up, Patchouli,” You ask, sitting up. “That was that head maid of yours? “ You continue, giving her your hand.

She responds with a sneeze. “…Cold…” Patcholi mutters darkly, reaching into the pockets of her track suit and pulling forth a folded handkerchief. “I’m coming down with one…”

“…Weren’t you just fine a few minutes ago? We weren’t hiding for that long.” You ask.

“I…I know it…I always get this feeling when I’m catching something…I’ll be lying in bed for the rest of tomorrow…” Patchouli groans. Right. But you suppose that Patchouli probably knew better at the time. “Come on, we’ll go wait for Kourin. We should have gone in earlier- they weren’t really doing anything else after that…”

“No!” Patchouli exclaims,” I didn’t want to interrupt them, Miss Iyazoi, that’s her name, sounded so different…the accents the same, but she was talking in a way I’ve never heard before. I didn’t want to spoil their moment…so-“she breaks off into a series of explosive sneezes.
>> No. 20030
Kourin, returns shortly, having escorted his lady friend to an appropriate distance, stopping short at the sight of the two of you. “Miss Knowledge?” he asks. Evidently he hadn’t been expecting any other visitors today. “and…”

“I know you!” he exclaims. “You’re the kid who kept on rummaging through my stuff! You’re…er…”

You calmly tell Kourin your name.

“Ah! Yes, you must forgive me…I totally forgot your name!” Kourin exclaims “You haven’t come by for quite a while huh! And I see you’re still as big an Outside World fanboy as last time. Nice clothes you two, very matching, the latest fashion of the outside huh?” he goes on, looking happily between you and Patchouli. Oh that…you‘ve never had the heart to tell him that you were from the human realm, he had been so ecstatic to find a fellow “enthusiast”. Yukari, of course, had played along- but even after six years? You hoped that it was because everyone forgot about it.

“I’ve got some accessories- new ones; my associate brought them not two days ago. A feather boa- very tasteful, it would suit you tremendously!” He’s looking at you. Good grief.

-------------------
[] …Your call Patchouli.
[] Inside now. And something warm to drink, please.
[] Got any cold medicine? Look meaningfully towards your ailing companion.
[] Weren’t you courting Keine sensei before I stopped visiting?

Please do write in sensibly.
Every suggestion is an inspiration, used or not.
---------------------
As stated above, I do feel that my writing has degraded lately, in terms of plot and characterization, or perhaps I've been reading various online texts on good writing, and am trying to point out my mistakes.

But if you see them, please do tell me.
Thanks,

And also, please enjoy the redone Tracksuit Patchouli. If you have any suggestions on background and perspective, please do tell.
>> No. 20032
[O] Got any cold medicine? Look meaningfully towards your ailing companion.
[O] Inside now. And something warm to drink, please.
[O] Weren’t you courting Keine sensei before I stopped visiting?
>> No. 20033
[x] Inside now. And something warm to drink, please.
[x] Got any cold medicine? Look meaningfully towards your ailing companion
[x] Weren’t you courting Keine sensei before I stopped visiting?
[x] One last thing: 'Sacchin'? Really?

I can't see any other way for Sakuya to end with an '-in', but then again I can't imagine her referring to herself in the third person. Maybe it was Eirin and their voices just sound the same? Does Anon even know about the Lunarians?
>> No. 20037
[X] Inside now. And something warm to drink, please.
[X] Got any cold medicine? Look meaningfully towards your ailing companion.
>> No. 20041
[x] Got any cold medicine? Look meaningfully towards your ailing companion.
[x] Inside now. And something warm to drink, please.
[x] Weren’t you courting Keine sensei before I stopped visiting?
>> No. 20042
So, here's what can we tell about Rinnosuke's little fling?

-Name or pet name that ends in an '-in' sound
-An accent Landlord Anon can't place, but which Patchouli associates with Sakuya = Lunarian ...probably
-Has a resident NEET
-Apparently in a slump, since she's a useless little bunny only good for her sex appeal
-Holds some interest in maid activities

Sounds to me like Kourin's guest is everyone's favorite moon rabbit.

Of course Eirin and Sakuya are still both valid possibilities as >>20033 stated, but Reisen seems to fit the mesh best... In which case we either mis-heard the '-en' as '-in' or she was referring to herself as "Udongein".
>> No. 20043
>>20030
While I'd have to re-read to be sure of any spelling/grammar errors, I didn't see anything glaring in these last couple posts, that is nothing that disrupted the flow of reading. I've followed this story from the start, and everything so far has been extremely enjoyable, including the last few segments. I'd say take it easy, but it's commendable that you're trying to further improve your already impressive writing skills. So keep it up!


[x] Inside now. And something warm to drink, please.
[x] Got any cold medicine? Look meaningfully towards your ailing companion
[x] Weren’t you courting Keine sensei before I stopped visiting?
>> No. 20046
>>20030
Couple things
>You are vaguely glad that, with Patchouli leaning over you almost sensually, breathing hard and with hair tossed over her shoulders that real life does not work quite like a romantic comedy.
This reads rather awkwardly. Patchu's provocative position should either come before or after you've described what we're thankful for. Something like
>With Patchouli leaning over you almost sensually, breathing hard and with hair tossed over her shoulders, you are vaguely glad that real life does not work quite like a romantic comedy.
would work better. Also
>Patchouli seems to agree as well, lowering herself gently onto the ground asides you, breathing shallow and expression
You'd be better using 'besides' you instead of 'asides' here.

Not technically an error, but I would have loved a little elaboration upon
>it’s on to the next issue- the pressure on your abdomen.
>“Right- sorry,” Patchouli apologizes, rolling off.
Oh, the feeling of track-suit Patchouli lying on us would have been delightful. Also, pic for >>20029 has been my favorite so far.

[X] Inside now. And something warm to drink, please.
[X] Got any cold medicine? Look meaningfully towards your ailing companion.
[X] Speaking of ailing companions, would he happen to have anything for Celestial rash?

I know Kourin isn't exactly Eirin, but by bringing up Yukari and Ran's predicament, maybe Pathcouli can recommend something as well.
>> No. 20047
File 124328045662.jpg - (62.17KB , 428x500 , b5174253a988efb5c74ac935b0561316.jpg ) [iqdb]
20047
>>20042

No...;_;
This can't be true!

[X] Inside now. And something warm to drink, please.
[X] Got any cold medicine? Look meaningfully towards your ailing companion.
>> No. 20049
>>20047
better a useless bunny than my perfect elegant maid
[X] Inside now. And something warm to drink, please.
[X] Got any cold medicine? Look meaningfully towards your ailing companion.
[X] Speaking of ailing companions, would he happen to have anything for Celestial rash?
>> No. 20052
[x] Inside now. And something warm to drink, please.
[x] Got any cold medicine? Look meaningfully towards your ailing companion.
[x] Speaking of ailing companions, would he happen to have anything for Celestial rash?
>> No. 20058
Her personality seems a lot more like Eirin, doesn't it? I can't see Reisen saying stuff like "My, you spoil me."
>> No. 20059
File 124332572098.jpg - (137.12KB , 566x800 , Silver Hair Alliance. Also With Sex.jpg ) [iqdb]
20059
>>20042
Also, the "Lunarian" accent idea is further boosted by Patchy describing it as "somewhat offworldly."

What mention of Eirin or Reisen have we had in this story, so far?

>Of course Eirin and Sakuya are still both valid possibilities
Pic related so very, very hard.
>> No. 20105
File 124347694827.jpg - (412.39KB , 704x704 , morichika.jpg ) [iqdb]
20105
The boards seem more active than ever. So many good stories, and I wish I could read them properly.
--------------
[X] Inside now. And something warm to drink, please.
[X] Got any cold medicine? Look meaningfully towards your ailing companion.
[X] Speaking of ailing companions, would he happen to have anything for Celestial rash?

Kourin smiles broadly as he sets down three teacups upon a small table, a small space off to the sides of his piles of items. It’s been years since you’ve returned here but you recognize many items, many of them still where they were set so many years ago. It’s clear that your friend hasn’t organized anything even since you’ve left- merely added on to his over spilling collection.

“I’ve got some good Gyoukuro- expensive stuff, please wait a bit.” Kourin states airily, picking up the teapot with a somewhat exaggerated casualness. “I was trying some of it myself just now- it’s a very good brew, but I would never offer you cold tea.” He explains, making his way through the room, deftly picking his way across the item ridden floor with masterful footwork.

“Oh,” he pauses at the doorway. ‘Would you like anything else?”

“Cold Medicine,” you call, indicating towards Patchouli, who has slumped into her seat with an expression of obvious relief. “Yes, please...” she mumbles, “if it’s not too much trouble…”

“Feeling ill again? Don’t push yourself too hard,” Kourin replies, stepping out.

“…I shouldn’t have left the library…this…I really can’t take this…” Patchouli mumbles, raising her head to meet your look, “…the slightest provocation and I’m down with something…” Her blue tinged bangs hang ominously over her eyes as she nods once, sinking back with a groan.

“Do you want to go back now?” you ask, half worried.

She doesn’t answer. Well, you take it that she’ll wait then, at least until she’s gotten some medicine and something nice and hot into her. It was doubtless that the half slumbering girl was a peerless magician, but she didn’t really look the part did she? Especially in that school track suit. Where did she get that outfit anyway? - But that’s not really the point is it?

You let her rest.

“Here, I’ve got some Panadol, human world stuff- quite effective.” Kourin offers, a little later, placing a small white tablet on the tray. “Personally, I like it better than the Eientei medication- it doesn’t taste shady for one,” he continues, with a small, guilty laugh. “Here, you just swallow it, just like that, oh, you already know how to use these?”

Patchouli nods, swallowing the tablet without any complaint.

“The human world is amazing isn’t it?”

“Is it?” you ask finally.

You supposed that the the grass is always greener on the other side of the border. On one hand there was Mari, and on the other side… You look about the room. Items new and old are literally piled up all over the place. Ah, that old arquebus is still there, and along its side-

“You’ve noticed?” Kourin asks, eyes alight.

”Quite an armory,” you comment.

“You think so?” he asks, every bit the proud collector. “Here,” he breaths, picking up an old rifle, an old world war two model, by its look, though you’re no expert. Gently, almost reverently, he displays it for the both of you. Patchouli looks it down, before closing her eyes for a moment. “Arisaka,” she points out. “It’s in good condition; the imperial crest is still intact.” She notes.

‘”Got my money’s worth then!” Kourin exclaims happily. “And what’s this one?” he continues, picking up another.

You watch in silence as Patchouli obligingly identifies whatever she can, while Rinnosuke gleefully scribbles down their actual names and models. Firearms of all kinds, even old ones, were of exceedingly high value in Gensokyo, and also exceedingly rare. Few ever made it across the border, and those that got across, were quickly taken for obvious reasons, which had made you wonder how he had come across them.

Well, this wasn’t really a private question, and so you had asked, Kourin merely laughed it off, stating that his “dad” had left him with quite a sizable inheritance, during your absence and then had run off into the mountains to seek enlightenment or something. Though, does he really seem happy about it?

“And plus,” Kourin had added, “over the last few years, I’ve gotten acquainted with the “Tiny Commander” or so she calls herself. You know, she has quite the ability: she’s good at finding items that fall across the border, and so we, well came to an arrangement.” He states simply. “In fact, she’s my number one supplier nowadays.” He explained, which quite explained why his house is encrusted with unused items- in a way, quite like a fried bun. “Even Kamishirasawa sensei is seeking out her services.”

Keine sensei? Come to think of it, weren’t you courting her the last time? You wonder, though, you feelk it would be best that you don’t nose your way any deeper into Kourin’s personal life more than you already have.

“Why” you ask.

“Oh I’m sure you’ve heard of Kamishirasawa’s tenant? Of Fujiwara? No? You want to hear about it?” Kourin asks, getting gossipy. Might as well. You nod. “ Fujiwara’s been missing for about a week already, nothing unusual of course, but…” Kourin pauses for effect. “Between Eientei’s troubles and the border’s instability, some people are saying that the Princess got someone to throw Fujiwara into a breach in the boundary….nothing proven yet though.”

“I’ll bring it up with Yukari,” you answer.

“Good to hear.” Kourin smiles. “How’s your sister anyway?” Adopted sister, a surprisingly true made up story.

“Rashes. She got into contact with a few Celetials. Ran too. You have anything for that?”

“Hmmm….I’ve got some lotion….might be effective at-“

“No.” you refuse flatly. “Out of the question.” That that was that.

The subject turns to books soon enough, with Patchouli being revived somewhat, a testament to the quick release formula, no doubt; feeling well to happily trail off in some foreign language at some point, quite lost in her own little bubble world. And a little later, with two leather bound volumes clutched in her hands, Patchouli makes ready to leave, thanking Kourin in an appropriately polite manner.

“Wait,” he calls, gesturing subtly to you.

He leans in close, speaking slow for emphasis.

“Walk, her, home.” He states seriously. -And gives you the thumbs up, his glasses fogging up as he breathes heavily, lending him rather indecent expression. Nice job indeed.

[] Of course.
[]Too late. She’s already flown off…
[] …( An open answer)

Please feel free to write in.
--------------------
Hope finish within a week. Then I'll have to slow a little.
>> No. 20106
[] "…sooo, you seeing anyone?"
>> No. 20107
[x] Of course.

It's only proper.
>> No. 20109
[X] Of course.

We were raised well enough to do that.

Of course, if the rest of the mansion has gotten their hands on the Hina-bun like Remi has, the results of walking Patchy home could prove quite interesting.
>> No. 20113
[x] Of course.

>“Walk, her, home.” He states seriously. -And gives you the thumbs up, his glasses fogging up as he breathes heavily, lending him rather indecent expression. Nice job indeed.
Oh God. Now I really want to know who he was with. I'd rather take the despair of knowing than not knowing. Why did anon have to mention Reisen? ;_;
>> No. 20118
>>20113
I don't think it's Reisen.

It had better not be.
>> No. 20119
File 124348855710.jpg - (222.06KB , 1500x1125 , e1e7b4d476a4f7bdaaa6d069573e7788.jpg ) [iqdb]
20119
>>20109
>until she’s gotten some medicine and something nice and hot into her.

IYKWIM.

>I like it better than the Eientei medication- it doesn’t taste shady for one

OH YOU.

[!/] Sure thing, bro. (Of course)
>> No. 20121
[X] Of course.
[X] Offer to donate some of your old, unneeded books (read novels, books that will never be read, old textbooks, etc) to the library next time you come around. Or have Yukari bring them on your behalf.
>> No. 20125
[x] Of course.
>> No. 20132
[]Too late. She’s already flown off…
>> No. 20134
[x] "Of course."
[x] "...and give my regards to the druggist."

Reisen's a pharmacist's assistant. Eirin's a pharmacist. This would imply either, even though I'm pretty sure it's the latter.
>> No. 20135
[X] Of course.
[X] Offer to donate some of your old, unneeded books (read novels, books that will never be read, old textbooks, etc) to the library next time you come around. Or have Yukari bring them on your behalf.
>> No. 20141
[X] Of course.
>> No. 20144
[z] "Of course."
[e] And as you leave: "...and give my regards to the druggist."

>>20134
I like it, or until someone can tell me why it would be a bad/uncool idea to do this
>> No. 20146
>>20144

Panadol is a commercially available cold medicine. I don't think you want to give your regards to a pharmaceutical company.
>> No. 20147
>>20146

You forgot your Shirou.jpg
>> No. 20155
File 124361948682.jpg - (88.76KB , 900x720 , 2421b7548197666a9562420295be95a4.jpg ) [iqdb]
20155
>>20134
As much as I'd like to see Kourin's response to the druggist comment, I'm pretty sure Landlord doesn't know anything about the Eientei crew. At least not enough to go drawing the same conclusions we have.

While we could technically be referring to the medicine we got for Patchy, I'm inclined to agree with >>20146 , Shirouism aside it just feels meta-gamey.

That said:

[x] "Of course."
[x] "...and give my regards to your supplier."

Because a Nazrin is fine too, and only good things could come from introducing her to our little sister.
>> No. 20169
File 124364601719.jpg - (724.86KB , 700x826 , da48be1f216628fd31e01042bdb59511.jpg ) [iqdb]
20169
>>20155

I'd rather Umbrella-tan.
Then we can use how inhumane Sanae REALLY is.
>> No. 20177
>>20169

The one yokai so huggable you have to take her home. Like an adorable kitten.
'Cept, Chen's already the landlord's huggable little sister, and she is home.

I wonder if it's possible for the landlord to get an overdose of moe...
>> No. 20186
>>20155
>I'm pretty sure Landlord doesn't know anything about the Eientei crew
I don't know, he didn't react at all when it was mentioned earlier. You'd think he would have wondered about it, at least.

[x] "Of course."
[x] And as you leave: "...and give my regards to the druggist."

If it wasn't Eirin (or Reisen, but I doubt it) it'll sound like an ironic joke about the outsider medicine. Maybe not a very good one, but that doesn't matter, we're testing his reaction. It's actually a very clever idea, although it doesn't reveal which of the two it was, but...why do we care so much anyway? Besides exonerating Sakuya, I guess.
>> No. 20196
File 12436676898.png - (219.07KB , 800x600 , rin.png ) [iqdb]
20196
[] Of course.

Perhaps Kourin thought that you had no experience with the fairer sex? He’s not too far off the mark, but only if you defined “experience” in the same manner he did. Still, you concede, that he is quite right this time and that escorting Miss Knowledge home would be the polite and gentlemanly thing to do- especially that she’s feeling rather under the weather right now. Though, from the rumor and gossip- and idle chatter with Yukari, you supposed that Patchouli wouldn’t really need you to walk her home, sick or not.

“Give my regards to the druggist,” you say, not quite sure why, but do so anyway, getting a confused look from Kourin in response. “Which?” he asks looking rather confused. You let it drop. If he’s gotten this far…

Either way, you assent; good upbringing and whatnot, leaving Kourin to grin stupidly after the two of you. Who knows what goes through that mind of his, no doubt the effect of blind obedience to whatever snippets of advice he could decipher from whichever trash magazine fell through the boundary. You had noticed a pile of sensationalist magazines earlier and hoped fervently that should Aya patronize Kourindou, she would never notice them- the last thing she needed now were more good (bad) examples on her trade. Why Hina had co authored with Aya, you wouldn’t care to speculate.

Patchouli states early on that she doesn’t feel up to flying, though you find that quite suspect, seeing that she’s still floating twenty centimeters off the ground along side you. But you don’t really mind walking, the silence is comfortable- seeing that neither of you feel the need to fill in the silence with chatter, walking leisurely in the spring evening.

At least till a troop of rabbits (girls), no doubt the workers at the Eientei enclave in the village, marches down the path, from the opposite direction, obviously heading back to wherever this Eientei you’ve heard of was. They move along without much fuss, chattering loudly as girls and you supposed, rabbits are wont to do, at least till they see you.

They don’t really notice at first, but one demure looking rabbit stops and peers at you curiously as you pass her, then stops, and much to your horror, pulls out a copy of Hina shinbun from her blazer. Cue the whole troop stopping and commencing a slew of giggles and snide and suggestive comments.

“Oh, but Rinnosuke-san is taller, isn’t he?” One asks. “His hair is nice too-“

“Yah, but he’s younger!” Another, younger sounding voice counters, pointing to you. “He’s got that scholarly look too.”

“You think that scholarly is attractive?” another laughs out.

Patchouli lands, feet touching the solid earth, looking torn between amusement and irritation. She steps forward, intending to speak, but another voice rings out from behind you. “Why are you stopping? I told you to go on without me!” A slightly muffled voice, a little hard to hear due to the oddly pronounced syllables.

“Ah, it’s the supervisor!”

The rabbits quickly reform their lines (obviously reluctantly) as another rabbit brushes the leaves aside as she lands, emerging from the forest path behind you, a little taller than her colleagues by the looks of it, and as if to distinguish herself more, with a strangely shimmering violet-sliverish hair. She has a bundle slung across her shoulders

“Alright, Usatai, back to Eientei. Double time!” She yells loudly, ears straightened from the effort, watching as the mass of rabbits comply reluctantly, grumbling as they begin their march once more, shouldering their packs and crates. Sighing the rabbit turns to you, setting the bundle aside.

“Sorry, Sir, if they’ve been causing you any trouble whatsoever.” She apologizes immediately. “And-“ she stops.

“Inaba.” Patchouli acknowledges.

“Ah…I didn’t recognize you in that…” the rabbit falters. “Miss Knowledge. “

“I see you’ve just come from Kourindou?” Patchouli asks.

“I, ah forgot to get something there, for my Master…she needs it...” Inaba replies. “I…its nothing. It shouldn’t concern you.” she continues softly. You find all of this speech hard to decipher, due to her horrendously thick accent, quite unlike the Usatai rabbits you saw earlier.

“I have to get back, so please excuse me!” Inaba cuts the conversation abruptly, delivers you a quick bow and scampers off, running for momentum before launching herself into the air, and landing in a spectacular heap a meter away.

“Ah stupid stupid stupid!” she yells angrily. “Earth Gravity is six times stronger…must compensate…it’s been so long, why can’t I…”

She cuts her self monologue as she tries again, soaring unsteadily away into the distance.

“She’s been making that mistake,” Patchouli observes. “For a few years now…”

“And she’s forgot her item,” you add, noting that the cloth wrapping and whatever was in it was still where the rabbit had left it, a minute ago. You walk over an pick it up, its light and soft. “We’ll return this?” you ask.

“…I’ll return it.” Patchouli offers. “That shady doctor is due for a check up anyway.” She states nonchalantly. “Hwre, give it to me,” she asks, motioning you closer and taking the bundle from you, as the wrappings fall apart.

“…A Nurse uniform?”
---------

“-and then I grabbed the broom and threw her into the lake!” Mei Ling boasts happily, ignoring the fact that her clothing is next to falling apart or that the ironwork gate is bent and distorted behind her. “Saw Marisa coming from a mile away, same old tricks, same old attacks.” She claims, grinning happily. “But,” Mei Ling’s voice drops to a whisper. “I cheated a bit, but don’t tell anyone okay?” Sneakily, she peels back a medicinal plaster on her face revealing a nice purple bruise.

“One of her stars got me in the face, but she didn’t see it.” She laughs.

“Then I froze the Black White into the water!’ Cirno blurts in enthusiastically.

“Weren’t danmaku duels suppose to be one on one?” you asked somewhat skeptically.

“Yeah, but I was only doing business!” Cirno complains. “I told her that I would unfreeze her for ¥1000. That’s just business isn’t it?”

No Cirno. If you were human, that would be extortion. But nonetheless, the atmosphere in the small cottage at the foot of the Mansion is a friendly one. While both of the Mansion’s young mistresses were sleeping in tonight, and the head maid, out on an excursion to the forest (or so Mei Ling says), Patchouli declared herself feeling better and remained, though not actively participating in the conversation, instead reading one of her newly purchased books with a slight smile on her face.

“Oh, and have you read the Hina Shinbun yet?” Mei Ling asks. “There’s an article featuring you, you know.”

So you do, for a while now.
>> No. 20197
“Most eligible bachelors. You’re third, out of ten.” She continues with a grin. “You want to know who won against you? Huh huh?”

No, not particularly. But you humor her anyway. Patchouli gives you the assurance that you’ll be surprised, and turns back to her book, which is very well for her, since it doesn’t concern her, but…

“Ready? One step of you is…” Mei Ling speaks, while Cirno leans in interested. “Morichika Rinnnosuke-dono! A manly mix of charm, looks and street smarts, Morichika-san is every girl’s fantasy, with a stable job and a good personality!”

Well, to be fair, you suppose that Hina wouldn’t know Kourin very well. Stable job? Pfft.

“Number one is…you won’t believe this, Kirisame-san!” Meiling laughs.

“What? Marisa?’ you choke.

“No no no~!” Mei Ling chastises. “Marisa’s Papa. Blond hair is exotic isn’t it?”

“Is he a batchelor?” you ask.

“No, a womanizer.” It says so right here.” Mei Ling points out. “I don’t think his wife is going to be happy.”

No you didn’t think so too. Nor his willful daughter.

Either way, it seems you’ve integrated yourself with the mansion’s denizens quite nicely, Mei Ling speaks freely and enthusiastically, steeping tea in her iron kettle, which Cirno naturally declines. Patchouli on the other hand, in contrast to her more outspoken companion, sits sedately asides, reading and watching, always with a small knowing smile gracing her features. No, its not too bad a way to live is it?

But you’ll be leaving soon, willingly throwing yourself back into the constraints of the Human realm. Why, you wonder, did you choose this over the freedom of Gensokyo? But living in Gensokyo, for you, didn’t seem right either, did it? Many things, precious to you lie on both sides of the boundary…but, lets not get too ahead here shall we?

For now, ere you depart, there is still one pressing matter.

[] Accept Lord Hinanawi’s offer. You assent to protect his daughter in the human realm.
[] Decline Lord Hinanawi’ offer. Chiko’s tried to kill you twice already.

Feel free to write in a compromise, or cite reason for your choice.
--------------------
Next week, on Friday, I'll be away for two or so weeks. Heading to the countryside, so high probability of no internet. I'll try to complete this arc by then.
Thanks for sticking with me this far.
>> No. 20198
RINNOSUKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>> No. 20199
[x] Accept Lord Hinanawi’s offer. You assent to protect his daughter in the human realm.
>> No. 20200
[] Accept Lord Hinanawi’s offer. You assent to protect his daughter in the human realm.
[] He's going to need to help somehow, though. Help pay for his daughter's schooling/training/anything.

Rinnosuke with Reisen, eh?

[spoilers]FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU[/spoilers]
>> No. 20202
>for my Master…she needs it...
>and the head maid, out on an excursion to the forest

Forget Reisen, Rinnosuke is definitely doing all three of them separately, which makes me RAGE.
>> No. 20211
[X] Accept Lord Hinanawi’s offer. You assent to protect his daughter in the human realm.
>> No. 20212
[x] Accept Lord Hinamawi's offer. You assent to protect his daughter in the human realm.
>> No. 20213
[x] Decline Lord Hinanawi’ offer. Chiko’s tried to kill you twice already.
>> No. 20215
[x] Decline Lord Hinanawi’ offer. Chiko’s tried to kill you twice already.

Pass.
>> No. 20216
[x] Decline Lord Hinanawi’ offer. Chiko’s tried to kill you twice already.
>> No. 20217
[x] Decline Lord Hinanawi’ offer. Chiko’s tried to kill you twice already.

in b4 "But thou must!"
>> No. 20218
[x] Decline Lord Hinanawi’ offer. Chiko’s tried to kill you twice already.

I hate her even more than usual in this story, and that's saying something.
>> No. 20220
>>20202

Indeed. That does not make me happy.
>> No. 20221
>>20219

We'd be babysitting an annoying spoiled brat that's been coddled her entire life. Pass.
>> No. 20222
[+] Accept Lord Hinanawi’s offer. You assent to protect his daughter in the human realm.
Let's give her to Mary or Renko. They'll have a field day.
>> No. 20226
[x] Accept Lord Hinanawi’s offer. You assent to protect his daughter in the human realm.
>> No. 20227
[X] Accept Lord Hinanawi’s offer. You assent to protect his daughter in the human realm.

You meant "Come on, people," I hope. Commoner.
>> No. 20230
[X] Decline Lord Hinanawi’s offer. Chiko’s tried to kill you twice already.
[X] However, you are willing to compromise to at least some extent, as you understand the cruelty of her predicament far better than she does. Suggest that Hinanawi house Chiko somewhere reasonably near to you, such that if she ever swallows her pride enough to ask for assistance, you may be able to provide her with some measure of help. You've no intention to devote your waking life to her, but to abandon her entirely seems a bit too cruel.

Voting this way because that's probably what I'd do. Living with her and supervising her every bloody day is not a worthwhile engagement at all considering just what kind of person she is, and what we would be giving up, but I find it difficult to bring myself to just throw her to the wolves; she's too much of an idiot to expect her to reasonably survive that way. This way, if she ever really does hit rock bottom, we can at least save her from that, but she'll have to come to us of her own volition and be respectful about it; should teach her a fine lesson about life if it comes down to that.
>> No. 20233
>>20230

On the plus side, if she gets run over by a bus or something that's one lifetime used up. Then she can go right back to her doting father who will go right back to spoiling her until she screws up big again. Seriously, he's a nice guy and all, but he's really not helping his daughter any.
>> No. 20234
[x] Accept Lord Hinanawi’s offer. You assent to protect his daughter in the human realm.
She may be a pain in the ass, but hopefully we can teach her some humility. Possibly with some rope, candles and a wooden horse...
>> No. 20235
>>20234

Hell, we might be able to rope Iku into coming with us.
>> No. 20236
Changing vote:

[X] Decline Lord Hinanawi’s offer. Chiko’s tried to kill you twice already.
[X] However, you are willing to compromise to at least some extent, as you understand the cruelty of her predicament far better than she does. Suggest that Hinanawi house Chiko somewhere reasonably near to you, such that if she ever swallows her pride enough to ask for assistance, you may be able to provide her with some measure of help. You've no intention to devote your waking life to her, but to abandon her entirely seems a bit too cruel.



Cheery and competent Meiling is awesome!

Now if only we could have spent more time with Iku...
>> No. 20238
File 124371279572.jpg - (109.62KB , 679x750 , ba2f1086abe9033ee803943cf73f91d4.jpg ) [iqdb]
20238
[!/] Decline Lord Hinanawi’s offer. Chiko’s tried to kill you twice already.
[!/] However, you are willing to compromise to at least some extent, as you understand the cruelty of her predicament far better than she does. Suggest that Hinanawi house Chiko somewhere reasonably near to you, such that if she ever swallows her pride enough to ask for assistance, you may be able to provide her with some measure of help. You've no intention to devote your waking life to her, but to abandon her entirely seems a bit too cruel.

So Rin is having a otherworldly love-square?

Now that is a twist.
>> No. 20239
>>20214

Vote change, this sounds more sane than flat out refusing.

[O] Decline Lord Hinanawi’s offer. Chiko’s tried to kill you twice already.
[O] However, you are willing to compromise to at least some extent, as you understand the cruelty of her predicament far better than she does. Suggest that Hinanawi house Chiko somewhere reasonably near to you, such that if she ever swallows her pride enough to ask for assistance, you may be able to provide her with some measure of help. You've no intention to devote your waking life to her, but to abandon her entirely seems a bit too cruel.
>> No. 20240
[X] Decline Lord Hinanawi’s offer. Chiko’s tried to kill you twice already.
[X] However, you are willing to compromise to at least some extent, as you understand the cruelty of her predicament far better than she does. Suggest that Hinanawi house Chiko somewhere reasonably near to you, such that if she ever swallows her pride enough to ask for assistance, you may be able to provide her with some measure of help. You've no intention to devote your waking life to her, but to abandon her entirely seems a bit too cruel.
>> No. 20241
[x] Decline Lord Hinanawi’s offer. Chiko’s tried to kill you twice already.
[x] However, you are willing to compromise to at least some extent, as you understand the cruelty of her predicament far better than she does. Suggest that Hinanawi house Chiko somewhere reasonably near to you, such that if she ever swallows her pride enough to ask for assistance, you may be able to provide her with some measure of help. You've no intention to devote your waking life to her, but to abandon her entirely seems a bit too cruel.
>> No. 20242
[X] Decline Lord Hinanawi’ offer. Chiko’s tried to kill you twice already.
>> No. 20243
[x] Decline Lord Hinanawi’s offer. Chiko’s tried to kill you twice already.
[x] However, you are willing to compromise to at least some extent, as you understand the cruelty of her predicament far better than she does. Suggest that Hinanawi house Chiko somewhere reasonably near to you, such that if she ever swallows her pride enough to ask for assistance, you may be able to provide her with some measure of help. You've no intention to devote your waking life to her, but to abandon her entirely seems a bit too cruel.
>> No. 20244
[x] Accept Lord Hinanawi’s offer. You assent to protect his daughter in the human realm.
>> No. 20245
Calling in EasyMod support.
>> No. 20246
[X] Decline Lord Hinanawi’s offer. Chiko’s tried to kill you twice already.
[X] However, you are willing to compromise to at least some extent, as you understand the cruelty of her predicament far better than she does. Suggest that Hinanawi house Chiko somewhere reasonably near to you, such that if she ever swallows her pride enough to ask for assistance, you may be able to provide her with some measure of help. You've no intention to devote your waking life to her, but to abandon her entirely seems a bit too cruel.
>> No. 20247
[ze] >>20230

...All right, I'll vote for that.
>> No. 20248
[X] Decline Lord Hinanawi’s offer. Chiko’s tried to kill you twice already.
[X] However, you are willing to compromise to at least some extent, as you understand the cruelty of her predicament far better than she does. Suggest that Hinanawi house Chiko somewhere reasonably near to you, such that if she ever swallows her pride enough to ask for assistance, you may be able to provide her with some measure of help. You've no intention to devote your waking life to her, but to abandon her entirely seems a bit too cruel.
>> No. 20249
So Rinnosuke has a thing for lunar girls, huh? You know, there's some kind of pun that could be done with the phrase "moonstruck" and him pointing to one of them and saying "I'd hit that," but it doesn't quite mesh.

Damn shame.

>>20196
>Usatai
I see exactly what was done here and it was clever.
>> No. 20251
[X] Decline Lord Hinanawi’s offer. Chiko’s tried to kill you twice already.
[X] However, you are willing to compromise to at least some extent, as you understand the cruelty of her predicament far better than she does. Suggest that Hinanawi house Chiko somewhere reasonably near to you, such that if she ever swallows her pride enough to ask for assistance, you may be able to provide her with some measure of help. You've no intention to devote your waking life to her, but to abandon her entirely seems a bit too cruel.

Sounds good to me man.
>> No. 20252
>>20249

there is also an image to be drawn with MANnosuke mooning Eirin - who is wearing a strap-on - with his MANLY ass. but that doesn't quite mesh either. a shame.
>> No. 20253
File 124373348144.jpg - (88.82KB , 500x650 , 1206591991212.jpg ) [iqdb]
20253
>>20252
Screw that. Go for broke.
MANnosuke as Eirin.
>> No. 20254
>>20253

( ゚∀゚)o彡゜えーりん!えーりん!
( ゚∀゚)o彡゜えーりん!えーりん!
( ゚∀゚)o彡゜えーりん!えーりん!
>> No. 20256
>>20252
>>20253

S'cuse me whilst I make a side-trip to Eientei for some brain-bleach...
>> No. 20257
[x] Accept Lord Hinanawi’s offer. You assent to protect his daughter in the human realm.
[x] However, she must abide strictly to your rules. Ask her father if there is any 'punishment' she hates more than anything. You may be able to keep her in check while she's under your care. Also, discuss the terms of payment for your services.

We're getting compensated, remember?
>> No. 20258
>>20257

That's nice, but I'd rather focus on the SDM and other, more interesting people. They've been a nice group so far and taking care of little miss thang would limit our interactions with them. Hell, even in the human world I'd rather look into Mokou's wandering or hang out with Maribel and Ren more. I wouldn't be opposed to what the write-in suggests and have her close enough for us to help at times, but being her caretaker sounds doubleplus ungood.
>> No. 20259
>>20257

Yes. He is going to put in a good word with the Yama after he dies.

After he dies.

That's sure to put a spring in his step, considering his perennially sunny outlook on life in general.

Anyway, voted changed:
[x] Decline Lord Hinanawi’s offer. Chiko’s tried to kill you twice already.
[x] However, you are willing to compromise to at least some extent, as you understand the cruelty of her predicament far better than she does. Suggest that Hinanawi house Chiko somewhere reasonably near to you, such that if she ever swallows her pride enough to ask for assistance, you may be able to provide her with some measure of help. You've no intention to devote your waking life to her, but to abandon her entirely seems a bit too cruel.
>> No. 20261
File 124374161583.jpg - (265.11KB , 430x900 , tenshi.jpg ) [iqdb]
20261
That was fast...
>>20230 This is quite reasonable. Thank you.
--------------
[] Decline Lord Hinanawi’ offer. Chiko’s tried to kill you twice already.

Mayohiga, most unusually appears well lit for once, upon your return. Stumbling through the threshold of the safe road, you grunt in surprise as you come across what seems to be an impromptu party decked out upon the town’s crumbling flagstones. Chen, seated a distance away atop a large stone, spots you almost immediately, dropping her food and waving to you happily as you approach.

“What’s going on?” you ask, looking about. Lanterns and lamps are everywhere, illuminating the central table where three other people are seated.

“Oh, Chiko’s Papa came to wait for your answer, then that oni came, and the whole thing turned into a party. Chen thinks that Yuyuko-onee-chan is here too along with some other people- they went to talk with Yukari-sama so…” She shrugs, “I’ll take you there! Come on!” With that her tails wrap themselves around your wrists and you find yourself being led along firmly by determined little Chen, towards the Yakumo’s dwelling.

“Come here! Let’s Wrestle!” A boisterous voice calls,

”No Way! Go away! You smell like a drunk!” Another protests shrilly, “Ueeek!” Loud laughter follows a man’s deep bellow of mirth and a younger one, though no less potent. You look, slowing Chen as you pass. Sure enough, Lord Hinanawi and his daughter are seated there, the former throwing his back, wracked with laughter as his daughter glares venomously at the smaller horned figure- Suika? That oni from Reimu’s place. How did she get here?

“Heeya handsome~!” she calls, obviously quite inebriated. Especially that since she’s talking to Chen, not you. Chen’s tails tighten about your wrist as she passes the drunken oni, leading you the sliding door where its thrown open suddenly, revealing Ran, as spotty and rash ridden as before. “Is someone harassing Chen?” she growls, “because if someone is…I might just retract my welcome.” She warns aloud.

“Eh he he, I was talking about you, right?” Suika excuses herself, blowing you a kiss, and following that exhausting effort rewards herself with another long drink form her gourd. Right…

Either way, you enter the house, leaving the oni and the celestials to their revelry, with Ran grumbling all the way about drunken oni and their resistance to rash. Yukari on the other hand, seems to have recovered and is as lively as always (when awake at least), seated with two others. Noticing you immediately she smiles broadly and stands to introduce you. The pinked haired one smiles at that, an ethereal sort of thing, while the green haired girl coughs once, looking away.

“I’m Yuyuko, I’ve heard so much about you-ohhh you’re much much-“

The green haired girl coughs again. “We’re here on business. We’ll save pleasantries for later.” She starts, “But since this is largely informal, you may call me Shiki for now-“

“And you can call me, Onee-chan!” Yuyuko splutters excitedly.

“Excuse me? We have much to do and so little time.” Shiki rebukes, “So I would appreciate it, Lady Saigyouji, if you would please stick to the subject matter. It’s not often that a Celestial being is subjected to the Judgment of the Yama, so I am sure you can appreciate the gravity of the situation. You can socialize later.”

“Really, Eiki, this is a party after all, you’re always so stressed out. Remember the time you woke up with your skirt gone and got one of the spirits in my care to give you a massage?” Yuyuko remarks.

“That is not relevant.” Shiki answers firmly, though her face does redden.

“Besides,” Yukari cuts in. “You’re awfully eager to give the Lord Hinanawi a hand in this matter aren’t you?”

This isn’t getting anywhere. “And I suppose your Miss Chiko’s attorney or something?” you ask darkly, directing the question to Shiki. A pause, as Shiki regards you impassively over steeped fingers. “No,” she begins tiredly, “I am Yamaxanadu. I suppose that you expected all the Yama to be bearded fiends?” Here-“she lifts a hat to her head. “One of the symbols of my office, any other would be crushed under its weight.”

“Ah…that is a nice hat.” You answer, not really knowing what to say.

“Thank you, your compliment is appreciated, now, Lady Yakumo, Lady Saigyouji, I will return the subject to the matter at hand.” Shiki continues smoothly, getting nods from both “onee-chans”. “By now, I am sure that you would know the reasoning behind the punishment and banishment of Hinanawi Chiko, so I will get to the point, or so they say.”

“Weather I want to take care of that girl or not?” you ask. Did you even have a choice?

“Yes. Chiko, is misguided and spoilt but not inherently evil- few people are, but she knows no other way to live,” Shiki replies, taking on a lecturing tone. “Largely due to Lord Hinanawi’s over indulgence to her whims, thusly I have decided, with some persuasion, that a harsher punishment would be inappropriate at this juncture. This is a chance for her to atone- to develop some responsibility and some humility.”

She actually goes on after that for five minutes or so, about the merits of humility and responsibility, reminding somewhat about your overly self righteous teacher back in middle school. Except that Shiki is much more pleasant to look at. Still, she is a Yama after all.

“I-“ you begin.

“Wait,” Shiki interrupts. “Pardon me, but there is one last thing. Despite what Lord Hinanawi has promised, both he and I will not reward you in any way- it is the way of things nowadays. The days of the celestials and gods walking amongst the humans are largely over, and such favor would be undermining the integrity of the neutrality of the celestials and the Yama.” She explains, almost reluctantly.

Yukari’s face darkens almost immediately, “Wait a minute here, Shiki, you expect my little brother here to take care of that brat for nothing? How is this fair again?”

“No, no it isn’t fair is it, Lady Yukari?” Shiki answers. “Life isn’t fair at all. You should know better, I cannot meddle in these affairs more than I already have. I cannot dispense rewards, nor compensation, only judge by the merits of deeds performed in life.” She turns to you. “Noble soul, would you let a defenseless child be thrown into the world, alone and friendless? Even had she wronged you?”

“You’re just trying to guilt him into accepting.” Yukari snorts. “I should-“

“Wait.” You interrupt. Alone and friendless. A memory of a time when you were just that, scribbling asides by yourself… A yama huh? Shiki probably knows every little detail about you by now, no doubt she’s chosen those specific words to strike a chord within you. But still, your hand unconscious finds its way to the line of stitches along your side, sending a chill down your spine. But no, no thank you. You’d like to live.

“I see.” Shiki nods, as if she were expecting this answer all along. “I will inform Lord Hinanawi then. Thank you for your time. Lady Yakumo, Lady Saigyouji, I’ll take my leave.” She stands, and bows before turning away. “…But I’ll expect he’ll be along to negotiate a compromise soon enough.”

“Good. She’s gone. I’m glad you weren’t trying to be nice this time-“ Yukari starts, sticking her tongue out at the Yama’s retreating back.

“But you said so yourself, Yukarin,” Yuyuko interrupts. “Being nice is part of his charm, isn’t it?” She fixes you with a slightly sympathetic smile. “Youmu could take a few lessons- she’s nice only to me. Being nice’s a good thing, ne?”
>> No. 20262
“Not when he’s being exploited…” Yukari sighs. “That Yama…I really don’t know what to say…”

Yukari ends up saying a lot; actually, having Chen, Ran, Yuyuko and oddly enough, Suika for support, she marches right out and delivers a few choice words to Lord Hinanawi. The less said about this the better. At any rate, when you talk to the celestial lord himself, he isn’t looking nearly as self assured as he usually does.

“Look, won’t you reconsider?” he asks. “ I was a bit hasty with my promises the other time, but surely you wouldn’t-“

“Look,” you interrupt finally. “Chiko’s tried to kill me twice already. In case you haven’t noticed, I am human,”

“But her powers will be sealed and-“

“Powers or no powers, I’ll still die if I get stabbed or poisoned or-”

“She wouldn’t!” The Celestial lord protests, cutting you off. “She knows how serious this is already and-“

And you realize how really silly this whole thing has gotten when the huge celestial drops to his knee with a thud, and takes your hands in his- and so you agree to a compromise, before he embarrasses himself further. While you won’t take care of Chiko directly, Hinanawi made you agree to, at the very least, to be available for her, should she ever throw her pride aside and come to ask you for help. The fellow actually hugs you for that, leaving you with skin as white and smooth as a baby’s, at least on the front side only.

This, you would find out later on the train, where the commuters stared at you like nothing they’ve ever seen before. But let’s not get to ahead for now. At any rate, it appears that no one else would take in the errant celestial, or even lend a hand if needed, and you could see why. The moment Lord Hinanawi breaks the news to his daughter, the girl turns to you, staring at you impassively, a change from her usual spiteful glare. Then, slowly, and clearly, she raises her hand, making sure that you’re looking, and with two fingers, slides them across her neck defiantly.

You watch as faceless guards, no doubt from the Yama, lead Chiko away from her tearful father, but all you can wonder is what you’ve gotten yourself into this time. But it’s too late isn’t it? Still, you had to admire Hinanawi’s dedication as a father. A being such as he, even going so far as to kneel before you? If you didn’t know them, you would never have guessed that Chiko and Hinanawi were related at all.

The party, you supposed, while largely impromptu and more or less the effects of a festive oni, served as a farewell banquet of sorts- for yourself, and for Chiko also, perhaps. Seeing that Hinanawi chooses to linger on, drink in hand, all traces of his earlier merriment extinguished, Suika at his side, shoulder to shoulder, It appears she’s patting him on the back, which could be almost considered funny, seeing that he’s twice and half as tall as her.

Wisely, the Yakumo family opts to keep their distance, while you suffer to be fussed over and prodded by Yuyuk Onee-chan, who seems wildly gleeful to have someone to fuss over, exclaiming all the way that you really should meet with this “Youmu” of hers, whoever she is. It even gets to the point where even Yukari and Ran start giving the overenthusiastic women funny looks when she declares that she wants to see you in women’s clothing- an action you would rather, frankly, not perform. Yukari rescues you, thankfully.

“Youmu, gets that every day,” she states with a short laugh. Poor girl. And the small party goes on, and for a while you forget Hinanawi’s troubles. At least until you return home, a time later, to find your windows broken and a challenge to your sexual preference and potency scrawled on your front door- not to mention a very unhappy apartment manager.

[] Grind your teeth, bear it for now…
[] Call the police. Someone, you suspect, should know that there are something call, laws here.
[] The next time Yukari comes around, request to petition the Yama to send this twit to hell.
[] Something else (a write in)
>> No. 20263
File 124374175193.jpg - (259.94KB , 1024x704 , FPH.jpg ) [iqdb]
20263
Yukarin Interlude III

“Here.”Ran states dutifully, handing you a glass of the headache remedy she’s concocted, foul smelling stuff.

“Ran,” you say.

“Yes, Yukari-sama?” she asks, responsible as ever.

“What did you put in this?” you ask, still physically unable to swallow whatever it was.

“I’m not telling you.” Ran states firmly, crossing her arms. “Now, stop complaining and drink it. You’ve looked so tired lately, so-“

“I know, I know. Fine~.” You sigh, hold your breath and swallow. “Bleh…”

“Now go to sleep if there’s anything, I’ll wake you.” Ran assures. “I’m your Shikigami, I can feel how tired you are. Maintaining the boundary is hard work, isn’t it?” She asks, leading you along to your room.

“So you get t huh?’ You answer with a short laugh. “The collective minds of humanity, pressing down on the border…even I can’t deal with that much…humans grow up so fast don’t they? What’s gensokyo? Where’s Gensokyo? I’ve heard the legends of Gensokyo…Those two friends of his also- such a headache….hah”

“You know,” Ran states, throwing the coverlets over you, “His adoptive parents are arranging an Omiai for him in two weeks, in Kyoto. They think it’s in his best interest to…well…”

“Oooh…Kyoto is nice at this time of year isn’t it” you ask, “Besides, we can’t let him marry some girl we don’t approve of, can we?” You ask, a hint of mischievousness entering your voice.

“But I don’t thanik that’ he’ll marry anyone- Omiai, nowadays s just matchmaking-“ One look from you silences her

“Oh alright, I get it. But, you will get some sleep first. I’ll wake you in a week.” Ran laughs genuinely, patting you on the head. “We’ll be gapping there so I’ll prepare some human clothing…”

[] Please do so.
[] Gapping? Nonsense! We’re driving! We’re having a Fantastic Paid Holiday!”
[] …You know what, he’s actually old enough to make his own decisions now…

---Choose appropriate clothes.
----------------------------------
Well, I suppose this concludes the arc I guess. I don't know how of ten I can write in the country side, but I will try, though the probably will not be internet.
Thank you thus far.
>> No. 20264
[x] Grind your teeth, bear it for now...

[x] Gapping? Nonsense! We're driving! We're having a fantasic paid holiday!

I giggle like a madman at the prospect of Yukari driving.
I just can't shake the image out of my head of her driving like a gap-assisted maniac...
>> No. 20265
[x] Call the police. Someone, you suspect, should know that there are things called laws here.

[x] Gapping? Nonsense! We're driving! We're having a fantastic paid holiday!
>> No. 20266
[x] Call the police. Someone, you suspect, should know that there are things called laws here.

[x] Gapping? Nonsense! We're driving! We're having a fantastic paid holiday!

I'd rather not be too harsh on Chiko since she's likely intimidated to be in a new world outside of the help of her loving dad. It's just that mere words and turning the other cheek are unlikely to work on someone as stubborn as her.
>> No. 20267
[x] Call the police. Someone, you suspect, should know that there are things called laws here.

[x] Gapping? Nonsense! We're driving! We're having a fantastic paid holiday!
>> No. 20271
>---Choose appropriate clothes.

[x] Hot pants with exposed thong and a halter top.

She'd look like a tart, but Landlord's expression would be priceless.
>> No. 20272
>---Choose appropriate clothes.

[X] Gapping? Nonsense! We’re driving! We’re having a Fantastic Paid Holiday!”
>> No. 20276
[X] Call the police. Someone, you suspect, should know that there are things called laws here.
[X] Gapping? Nonsense! We're driving! We're having a fantastic paid holiday!

>---Choose appropriate clothes.

Oh ho! I missed this...

[X] When was the last time you really got dressed up, hmm? For an Omiai, the appropriate attire is...
[X] Traditional Japanese, of course! Bring out your nicest kimono, do your hair up, apply just the right make-up... yes, it's been far too long since you had an excuse to do yourself up! Really, Yukarin still has it! No way anyone is going to be looking better than you!
[X] You might want to dress up Ran and Chen, too, of course.

I want Yukarin strolling into that Omiai looking even better than whoever the landlord's parents set him up with - looking so good that she gives that girl a complete lack of confidence, and so good that the landlord will be staring at her through the whole thing.

Because delicious Big Sister Complex.
>> No. 20278
File 124374726496.png - (550.44KB , 1027x900 , YakumoContemporary.png ) [iqdb]
20278
[x] Call the police. Someone, you suspect, should know that there are things called laws here.

[x] Gapping? Nonsense! We're driving! We're having a fantastic paid holiday!
[x] Clothes: Pic Related.
>> No. 20279
File 12437473269.jpg - (423.58KB , 671x824 , sobaditsgood.jpg ) [iqdb]
20279
[x] Grind your teeth, bear it for now...
[x] Gapping? Nonsense! We're driving! We're having a fantastic paid holiday!
[x] Clothes: Ms.Sukima, pic related.

Writefags sure love going to the middle of buttfuck nowhere, frequently.
>> No. 20281
[x] Call the police. Someone, you suspect, should know that there are something call, laws here.


[x] "Gapping? Nonsense! We’re driving! We’re having a Fantastic Paid Holiday!”
-[x] You're the Cool Oneesan, aren't you? You have to look the part. You do have that fabulous purple pantsuit. No tie, collar quite unfastened. Silver accents. Aviators. Maybe you should take up smoking, or would that be too rakish?
-[x] Ran? Tight jeans, tight sweater, and under-rim spectacles, the kind that frame her face just right when she gets huffy. Platform shoes will add some height and authority. That will cover the matronly and academic end of the spectrum nicely.
-[x] And wouldn't Chen would look adorable in a knit cap and modern street wear? Our cute little hoodlum. Let him see how fast his little sister is growing up without him, picking up odd new words and ideas; maybe then he'll realize how negligent he's been with his imouto!

The Yakumo clan's darling boy won't be wed away to some mundane, outsider hussy. This is not just a vacation for Yukari, but a war for the heart of her dear, dear little brother. She'll be sure to show signs of leaving-the-nest syndrome in characteristically oddball fashion.
>> No. 20282
File 124374786446.png - (736.47KB , 1050x750 , 1242067353671.png ) [iqdb]
20282
>>20280

Your post. What.
>> No. 20283
[x] Grind your teeth, bear it for now...
[x] Gapping? Nonsense! We're driving! We're having a fantastic paid holiday!
[x] Clothes: Ms.Sukima, >>20279

Incredible destructive power? Check.
Named after a color? Check.
Cares deeply for a young male she first met in his early childhood? Check, at least in this story.
Yukari is Aoko. You may commence brick shitting now.
>> No. 20284
>>20283

I'm always here to serve, Anonymous.
>> No. 20291
>>20281
>She'll be sure to show signs of leaving-the-nest syndrome in characteristically oddball fashion.

Personally, I'm waiting for her to get her copy of the Hina- Shinbun and discover his preference for Older Sister types. I would love nothing more than for her to get it into her head that seducing him would be the best way to keep him close. Good heavens would it be delicious.

"Ahn! That's it! Big Sis Yukarin wants you to pour it all~ in!"
>> No. 20292
[x] Call the police. Someone, you suspect, should know that there are things called laws here.
[x] Gapping? Nonsense! We're driving! We're having a fantastic paid holiday!
--[x] School swimsuit.
>> No. 20293
...I can't choose!
>> No. 20295
File 124375041650.jpg - (83.07KB , 574x434 , 1204354580392.jpg ) [iqdb]
20295
>>20291

Her stats say no.
>> No. 20298
File 124375168866.jpg - (43.17KB , 400x533 , yukari suit.jpg ) [iqdb]
20298
>>20281
>-[x] You're the Cool Oneesan, aren't you? You have to look the part. You do have that fabulous purple pantsuit. No tie, collar quite unfastened. Silver accents. Aviators. Maybe you should take up smoking, or would that be too rakish?

Pic related?
>> No. 20299
>>20291
>>20291
>>20291
>>20291
>>20291
>>20291
>>20291
>>20291
>> No. 20304
[x] Call the police. Someone, you suspect, should know that there are things called laws here.
[x] Gapping? Nonsense! We're driving! We're having a fantastic paid holiday!
--[x] School swimsuit.

Yes, please.
>> No. 20305
>>20281>>20294

Please, anything but these. Don't make Chen into some tramp ;_;
>> No. 20307
[X] Call the police. Someone, you suspect, should know that there are things called laws here.
[X] Gapping? Nonsense! We're driving! We're having a fantastic paid holiday!

>---Choose appropriate clothes.

[X] When was the last time you really got dressed up, hmm? For an Omiai, the appropriate attire is...
[X] Traditional Japanese, of course! Bring out your nicest kimono, do your hair up, apply just the right make-up... yes, it's been far too long since you had an excuse to do yourself up! Really, Yukarin still has it! No way anyone is going to be looking better than you!
[X] You might want to dress up Ran and Chen, too, of course.
>> No. 20309
[x] Call the police. Someone, you suspect, should know that there are things called laws here.
[x] Gapping? Nonsense! We're driving! We're having a fantastic paid holiday!
--[x] School swimsuit.
This, because it made me laugh. Even though it'll be absolutely inappropriate.
>> No. 20311
>>20305

Ugh. Don't be such a stick in the mud.
>> No. 20316
File 124376598895.jpg - (225.49KB , 800x600 , 8bb8e2793e9a92d4b8c783f32c2a2fbb.jpg ) [iqdb]
20316
>>20307

Great now I am thinking of the whole Yakumo Family as flipping GEISHAS
>> No. 20317
[X] When was the last time you really got dressed up, hmm? For an Omiai, the appropriate attire is...
[X] Traditional Japanese, of course! Bring out your nicest kimono, do your hair up, apply just the right make-up... yes, it's been far too long since you had an excuse to do yourself up! Really, Yukarin still has it! No way anyone is going to be looking better than you!
[X] You might want to dress up Ran and Chen, too, of course.

This. Yukari, Ran, and Chen will be nearly the pinnacles of Japanese Beauty.
>> No. 20330
[X] When was the last time you really got dressed up, hmm? For an Omiai, the appropriate attire is...
[X] Traditional Japanese, of course! Bring out your nicest kimono, do your hair up, apply just the right make-up... yes, it's been far too long since you had an excuse to do yourself up! Really, Yukarin still has it! No way anyone is going to be looking better than you!
[X] You might want to dress up Ran and Chen, too, of course.
>> No. 20345
[x] Call the police. Someone, you suspect, should know that there are something call, laws here.

[x] "Gapping? Nonsense! We’re driving! We’re having a Fantastic Paid Holiday!”
-[x] You're the Cool Oneesan, aren't you? You have to look the part. You do have that fabulous purple pantsuit. No tie, collar quite unfastened. Silver accents. Aviators. Maybe you should take up smoking, or would that be too rakish?
-[x] Ran? Tight jeans, tight sweater, and under-rim spectacles, the kind that frame her face just right when she gets huffy. Platform shoes will add some height and authority. That will cover the matronly and academic end of the spectrum nicely.
>> No. 20372
[x] Call the police. Someone, you suspect, should know that there are things called laws here.
[x] Gapping? Nonsense! We're driving! We're having a fantastic paid holiday!
--[x] School swimsuit.

Because I really don't know what to vote for. All these other options look so damn good.