[Return]
Archived thread

File 123869083363.jpg - (555.05KB , 1544x1474 , 123861762024.jpg ) [iqdb]
17483 No. 17483
[x] "Don't give me that 'student and teacher relationship is forbidden' bullcrap, Kourin. So someone walked in on you, big deal. Just apologize when you get the chance, and confess your feelings to her"

The silence continues until the parade of noisy misanthropes your group undoubtedly is emerges from the corridor of graffiti-filled walls, where - encouraged by a gust of fresh, yet somewhat damp air, you put your hands on your hips, and sigh with resignation.
The view ahead looks nothing like the hitherto sights - out of the blue, the ruined buildings cede their space to a thicket of picturesquely green bushes and trees, laid like a deciduous blanket over the hill towering ahead. As if though planted to blot the sight of what lurks at the peak. One could think maybe the place is some sort of a natural groove, a spot untouched by human hands, if it wasn't for the narrow, unkempt staircase, built of stone and wood, leading up, through a small tunnel in the sea of leaves, waning away from your eyes after thirty or so steps.
It's hard to tell, but measuring by the highest visible treetop, this hill has to be at least a couple hundreds of steps high.
As if to mock the impending hike, Aya takes the first of them in a revealing, brisk leap. Paying no heed to how her skirt's free to do the usual can-can dance. For some reason, a tiny worm bites the back of your neck when you hear the Theater Club guys mumble a couple of remarks about the said frivolous piece of clothing.
"We're almost there!" Yells the defiler of the young. Her victims don't appear too displeased, though. "On my command!" She raises a clenched fist, excitement painted over her face. "Hey!"
Each and every 'slave' mimics her gesture without a second of delay - sometimes it's horrifying to see them being so enthusiastic about following the one who calls them with such rude names.
"Ho!" They chant.
Aya flashes them a shark-toothed grin, then - still no heed for the lower part of her getup living its own life - turns towards the hill again.
"And so I begin to build my army!" She declaims in a melodramatic tone. "Onward!"

While the group of mindless zombies arisen by Aya's underwear does its best to figure out how exactly should it fit its mass on the narrow stairway, you steal a glance at the unwilling - and probably unaware - impeder of your conversation. Distracted enough to continue speaking without the risk of getting heard, she seems to be busy looking disinterested, with Akyu at her side - apparently bored enough of waiting for you to finish dealing with silly friends. Another 30mm round tears through your chest.
But it would seem Kourin took at least fifty of those last night. When the mass of mindless flesh begins its hike at last, you too grab your friend by the shoulder - a hard task, seeing how he's at least a head taller - and urge him to follow. First step, and you begin whispering.
"Don't give me that 'student and teacher relationship is forbidden' bullcrap, Kourin."
He tries to give you a glance, but you quickly nod to the stairs, hinting it would be better to watch his step, rather than watching your face.
"But it's--"
"It's not really that bad." You interrupt. "How old are you?"
"Twenty one." Kourin answers, a bit reluctantly.
"Holy--." You click your tongue. "Where does the time go? Nevermind. How old is she, then?"
"... twenty six."
Giving out a groan, you pull him a little closer. In a friendly, buddy-buddy way.
"So here's yer problem, dill." Your Mokou-Voice makes him frown, but you continue regardless. "Five years isn't that big of a difference. So someone walked in on you, big deal. Akyu's not the type to be bothered by such things." Because she's only 12 - you add in your thoughts - Some time in the future, she WILL care, though. Until then... Oh, well. "Just apologize when you get the chance, and confess your feelings to her."
Kourin winces at these words, which opportunity you utilize to tighten the embrace even more. He may be big, he may be a man-bull, but inside, he's but a little chick, afraid of his own feelings.
"... just like that?" He finally inquires in a weak voice. "I mean, what about her reputation, what about the rumours, what about--"
"Tsk, tsk, tsk." Almost tripping on your own feet, but you shove a finger in Kourin's abashed face. "Who cares? Love shouldn't care about things so mundane." Like, a respected pupil going out with a churlish transfer student. "So forget about it all, and go for it."
"But--"
"Here we are!"
Aya's cheerful statement is the one to cut his whining short this time. Indeed, the hike seems to be reaching its end - and at the top of the stairs, the lot of you come out of the shade of the trees.

>> No. 17484
A narrow yard spread over the top of the hill, antique, paved path cutting it in two halves, leading to a seemingly abandoned, Western building sitting at the opposite end. Looking up, you notice the way leads through an enormously high, wooden gate, whose wings have been long removed - only the rusted hinges remain, suggesting that maybe in the distant past, one had to knock on the door before being allowed to enter the shrine grounds.
Speaking of the shrine - the thing itself looks just as any other western religious building you've seen in many travel magazines, newspapers or movies. Single floor, walls made of planks, with a steep roof and wooden columns holding it up.
The main entrance - big, folding doors, are wrapped with a red-and-yellow tape, marking the way inside as closed.
Aya, having gloated over the sight long enough, rushes off, though not without snatching Kourin from under your arm first.
"Why?!" He screams, not even trying to resist.
"There's no one around!" Aya yells back. Clouds of dust hanging behind her, as her 'army' jumps through without a protest. "You'll open the door!"
You can only stand and watch in daze as the two of them finally hit their destination, and start meddling with the tape. Kourin shoots you a single, pleading glance, but it seems even Aya's guts are bigger than his.
"An energetic bunch." An unknown voice states right beside you, making you jump in surprise. "Youngsters these days are."
Looking in the direction where the voice came from, you see an unfamiliar figure - an old, bearded man, whose sky-blue eyes seem to be watching Aya's excess with a hint of entertainment, stands there, arms crossed on his chest. His getup - a tattered, travelling robe, rules out the possibility of him being a local. Another tourist? No, tourists don't carry sword sheathes on their belts, at least not where you come from...
"W-who?" You ask, a bit unstrung.
The man smiles.
"Oh, just a wanderer." He replies in a calm, playful tone.
"You're... er... Not going to stop them?" You nod at the rest of the group.
"Why?" He returns the question with a smile. "It's not my shrine."
"Right..." You return your eyes to the object in question, only to discover the door has been opened, and everyone's going inside, casting curious glances all around. Those people... What are they thinking...? Okay, it is not hard to guess what Aya is thinking, but...
"I am going to stop you, though."
"Wha--?" You turn to the man again. "Why?"
"Because you seem like the type to stop and think before acting." He answers, in the same, jolly tone. "But judging from your confused face, you do not seem familiar with the story of this place? What about you, miss?"
He addresses someone else. Miss Keine and Akyu finally reach the end of the stairs, both panting as if though they have just ran a marathon. The teacher is the first to notice the additional person to greet her presence.
"Eh?" She gasps. "Um, only a few rumours..."
The man's smile widens creepily. He leans towards you, with an expression of utmost amusement on his face.
"This place is believed to be..." He wriggles his fingers in front of your eyes. "Haaaaaaunted." A cheerful, but somewhat hoarse chuckle is the only thing to accompany your awkward disorientation as he straightens up. "Well, do you want to hear the story, then?"

[ ] "Not... really." - Quickly scoot and join the rest of the group. History is Miss Keine's specialty.
[ ] "As long as it's interesting, I guess."
[ ] "Oh, I know this part." Scowl at the old joker. "You're going to sell me a spooky story about ghost, and then vanish into thin air, aren't you? No, thanks. Akyu, miss Keine, let's go see for ourselves."


==

I hope using your picture without your consent wasn't a rude move, dear unnamed drawfag. I just wanted it here for everyone to see~
>> No. 17485
[ ] "As long as it's interesting, I guess."
>> No. 17486
{X} "As long as it's interesting, I guess."
>> No. 17487
File 123869274135.jpg - (441.41KB , 730x3218 , 1176005221039.jpg ) [iqdb]
17487
[x] "As long as it's interesting, I guess."

You can't scare me.

I've been to /x/.
>> No. 17490
[x] "As long as it's interesting, I guess."
[x] Be that type of guy who manages to pull out a set of steaming, hot tea and a plate of cookies from thin air
>> No. 17491
[x] "As long as it's interesting, I guess."

yar
>> No. 17493
[x] "As long as it's interesting, I guess."
>> No. 17498
Bashing the keyboard like a crazed monkey. Feel my wrath.
>> No. 17499
File 123870764154.jpg - (58.36KB , 600x800 , 6f757cb1451c6b42fc4a0fd1a6a45172.jpg ) [iqdb]
17499
[x] "As long as it's interesting, I guess."

They've already disappeared inside, all of them - disappearing in the darkness concealing God knows what - and you're here, dealing with an overly enthusiastic old weirdo. Somehow, the perspective of exploring the old shrine with Aya and her fellowship appears more appealing all of a sudden - perhaps an effect of the spook's jolly, yellow-toothed grin - or simply he doesn't seem like a good deal thanks to the miasma of corned beef coming from his mouth.
Wince is all you can do, while he impatiently awaits your - undoubtedly - positive response.
"As long as it's interesting... I guess." You finally mouth, trying not to inhale too much tainted air.
In a surge of joy, the creep pulls back, placing a hand on his - whether it's real or not - sword's pommel. Miss Keine, as well as Akyu, remain where they were, similarly - if not more - confused. Something jingles in his sacks when he seats his butt on the ground, cross-legged, completely oblivious of the effect it might have on the state of his robe. Looking closer, he really does resemble the 'old mentor' type of character - the bushy facial hair grants him that certain, distinguishable atmosphere of wisdom and knowledge... All ruined by the condition of his teeth. In some manner, he resembles that druid from Asterix&Obelix comics, only in place of a respectable bald spot, he's sporting a rather rich, milky-white mop of long hair. Tied in a single ponytail at the back of his head. Quite a weird combination, but there's no point in questioning the sanity of someone who had popped out of nowhere, and out of nowhere proposed telling a story, while less than 30 meters away, a group of students is ransacking an antique shrine.
"Sit down, find a comfortable position." He suggests, pulling out an old-looking pipe. Apparently already stuffed - he only jams a lit match inside, then casts it aside, inhaling the smoke as soon as it appears.
"No, thanks." You reply, shifting from one foot to another. "I'll stand."
"Wary." The freak answers with a smile. "There was a ghost where you would have sat."
You frown at that ridiculous statement.
"A ghost?" Your voice is lined with disbelief.
"Indeed, a ghost." Disbelief he's either deliberately ignoring or unaware of. "There's a lot of them around this place."
"Something to do with the story you were supposed to tell me...?"
"Aha." He winks, blowing out a smokey ring. "Your short-term memory is as remarkable as your awareness. However, yes, you are right." He finally gets to it under your scornful glare. "Know, then, that this story had its beginning in the late twentieth century." Suddenly, from a playful, carefree voice, he switches to a much deeper, meaningful tone. You can't help, in spite of his hitherto actions, to feel a bit embarrassed about thinking of him as a weirdo.





"People of the town lived happily under the guidance of the Hakurei family - a caste of priests and priestesses, from the dawn of history taking care of this land and its sheep. Hakurei were all trained from their birth for paranormal phenomena extermination - be it monsters, ghosts, or other minor unnatural occurrences, the Hakurei would always come and dispose of it, in return for a small donation. For long years had the Hakurei had their wings spread over the people of this neighborhood, until one day, one sunny day that all the people remember, someone came. Someone new, someone who claimed to have the same kind of skill as the Hakurei... But offered to exhibit them for free, saying religious services shouldn't be performed in exchange for money. All the silly peasants who'd been addicted to Hakurei's aid jumped in joy - at last! Someone who doesn't want our money that we already don't have too much of! Someone who can help us without parasiting on our purses! Oh, how wrong they were..." The man pauses, puffing away at his pipe for a solid minute before resuming. "The newcomer - a member of the Catholic church - performed incredibly well for someone not as renowned as the Hakurei. Townsfolk were delighted to have someone as her at their side. It is her church that stands in the middle of the town right now - men of the village built it especially for her. I do not know who resides there at the moment, but it's not relevant." He pulls the thing out of his mouth, and gives it a thoughtful glance. "But the nun held a dark secret." He finally says. "Instead of exorcising the ghosts, she actually collected them, and stored them in magically sealed containers... God knows what for, but it will forever remain a mystery. The eldest of Hakurei sensed the presense of numerous ghosts at the church, but thanks to the recent... inflammation of the relations between him and the townspeople, he couldn't fatigue himself there in person... And so the plan was born." The man then glances at you. "The elder Hakurei couldn't approach the nun, but their youngest daughter, Reimu, was still not a legitimate member of the clan. Not initiated in the arts of exorcism, although already skilled in minor arts of magic, she was sent to personally dispose of the nun's ghosts, in one way or the other. She went alone, at night, in the accompaniment of a storm.... They say red light shined from the windows of the church that night... And in the morning, everything that belonged to the nun was gone. Everything, down to a smallest piece of cloth. People were outraged when it became apparent who was the one behind the death of their exorcist. In rage, they rushed the Hakurei Shrine, and burned everyone, sparing only the shrine itself, to serve as a remainder, and... the very one who committed the murder - Reimu Hakurei, to let her live with the sin weighing on her shoulders." Wind sweeps through the yard, playing with the man's ponytail. "She's still living here, only coming out at night, when there's no one around to throw rocks at her... Until recently, when a group of outsiders came and disturbed the course of her nightly strolls..."



He takes a deep breath, marking the end of the story. You find yourself standing still, in the chilling breeze, observing carefully as he continues sucking on the pipe's mouthpiece, wondering whether the tale you've just been fed was real, or...
But wouldn't that explain the graffiti?
"So that's what happened..." Miss Keine is the first to wake up from the reverie. "That explains a lot..."
"Oh?" The man glances at the teacher. "You didn't know? Perhaps too few rumors circle around this place... I should probably consider conjuring up a couple more. Anyhow, if I may ask, who--"

He is not let to finish, interrupted by a crash, a noise of something collapsing, coming from the shrine. A cloud of grey dust literally explodes out from the main entrance.
"What--?!" Both Miss Keine and the man ask, but if they ever finished the question, you couldn't hear it.

You were already darting towards the place where the sound of something bad happening came from.


In the dirty air, you quickly find your way to the scene of the accident - where the whole group, missing one person - Aya - is standing above a hole in the floor, a hole whose bottom fades away in the darkness. Everyone steps aside when you make your way closer.
"What happened?" Your running eyes catch a glimpse of Kourin leaning over the edge of the collapsed area. "Kourin?"
"... the floor." He utters. No one else speaks a word. "The floor broke, and... Aya fell."
"Fell in there?!" You glance at the hole. There really is no bottom... "Did she... I mean..."
"No, she did land..." His voice is still jittery. "She actually said something about being okay, and going deeper..."

[ ] "Kourin, there's a shed outside. Go look for a rope or something, I'm going after her. Knowing Aya, she's probably on the best way to get a bonus crack in her skull."
[ ] "Wait here. No one move. Do NOT try to follow her. I'll be right back."
[ ] "What are you standing there for?! Kourin, go chase Aya, I'll go get a rope or something. The rest of you, don't move!"
[ ] "Okay. Don't panic. If she doesn't return in five minutes... We'll just wait five more."
>> No. 17500
[ ] "Kourin, there's a shed outside. Go look for a rope or something, I'm going after her. Knowing Aya, she's probably on the best way to get a bonus crack in her skull."
>> No. 17501
{X} "Kourin, there's a shed outside. Go look for a rope or something, I'm going after her. Knowing Aya, she's probably on the best way to get a bonus crack in her skull."
>> No. 17502
File 123870939499.jpg - (484.43KB , 650x1980 , e9430af928ddd313ccbb11b05921b148.jpg ) [iqdb]
17502
Sorry for the quality of the last update - re-reading it I discovered a number of flaws that shouldn't have made their way into the final product, for which I apologize. I would have deleted and finished it another time - when I'm more awake, rather than writing half-asleep - if there hadn't been any votes. Again, my sincerest apologies, I just want this story to progress so badly I stopped paying attention to my best writing times.
>> No. 17509
>>17502
my english sucks anyway, as long as you don't spell the words wrong and the grammar is readable i am fine.
My demands are low

>I just want this story to progress so badly I stopped paying attention to my best writing times.

This is what bothers me, rushed things are never good, it needs time to unfold, like the tea. Write it like the perfectionist that you are, flawless. Even if it takes a day longer.
Do it right faggot
>> No. 17511
[x] "Kourin, there's a shed outside. Go look for a rope or something, I'm going after her. Knowing Aya, she's probably on the best way to get a bonus crack in her skull."
>> No. 17513
[x] "Kourin, there's a shed outside. Go look for a rope or something, I'm going after her. Knowing Aya, she's probably on the best way to get a bonus crack in her skull."
>> No. 17516
>>17499
[X] "Kourin, there's a shed outside. Go look for a rope or something, I'm going after her. Knowing Aya, she's probably on the best way to get a bonus crack in her skull."

"Ok, you people. Sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if I'm not back by lunch... call the president."
>> No. 17521
[x] "Okay. Don't panic. If she doesn't return in five minutes... We'll just wait five more."
>> No. 17543
[x] "Kourin, there's a shed outside. Go look for a rope or something, I'm going after her. Knowing Aya, she's probably on the best way to get a bonus crack in her skull."

I sense an evil spirit underneath this shrine... and an Aya route when we save her silly buns.
>> No. 17545
>>17509
Beautiful and simply spoken.
Well put, Anon.

[ze] "Kourin, there's a shed outside. Go look for a rope or something, I'm going after her. Knowing Aya, she's probably on the best way to get a bonus crack in her skull."
>> No. 17565
Expect me in a couple of minutes, though I'm currently experiencing a surge of paranoia, so don't expect miracles.
>> No. 17566
File 123878293226.jpg - (21.54KB , 800x600 , bton_twn_hall_03.jpg ) [iqdb]
17566
[X] "Kourin, there's a shed outside. Go look for a rope or something, I'm going after her. Knowing Aya, she's probably on the best way to get a bonus crack in her skull."

Stinging, itching dust clings to your eyes when you look into the hole again, forcing unwanted tears out better than any sappy romance soap opera would ever do. There really is no bottom... The hole itself isn't more than two meters wide in diameter, but...
"Kourin," You mutter, stepping away from the seemingly bottomless pit. "There's a shed outside. Go look for a rope, or something."
He nods, albeit reluctantly - which is still better than standing around like everyone else. How can they possibly remain so calm when Aya is...?
"Alright." Kourin nods again, as if to confirm his will to help. Nevertheless, you can't help but bite your lip in irritation. "What about you?"
"I'm going after her." Kourin blinks a few consecutive times at your response. "Knowing Aya, she's probably on the best way to get a bonus crack in her skull."
"But if you get lost down there--"
"Just go!" You bark, not paying any heed to Kourin's worried expression. "Hey! You, bastards! One of you, come give me a hand! Kourin, GO!"
Finally, he abides, nodding once more, and disappears outside. Hopefully miss Keine and Akyu will catch up late enough not to catch you descending into that cave of God knows what. One of the guys from the Theater Club - the one who usually played a Guard's Captain in the movie - clearly a leader figure among the wannabe actors' wimpy group - get closer, and looks at you, questioningly. You take these few seconds to button your jacket up, and tighten the laces of your shoes. When was the last time you had to risk your life to save another? A few months ago... and it was Aya back then as well...
Old history, not worth reminiscencing about at the moment. Maybe you'll remind her of it after you've gotten her out.
"Paw." You stretch your hand out to the baffled guy, and he takes it without a protest. "Whoever has a thick blouse or a jacket," All his buddies straighten up simultaneously when you throw another command. "Take it off. Put it over the edge." A command that gets immediately, and wordlessly fulfilled - maybe these guys aren't so bad after all - and after two seconds, you're standing astride over the brink of the hole, a strong, but not wholeheartedly trusted hand holding yours. "Listen," You nod at the jacket laid beneath your feet. "Lay down. I'm going to slowly descend and feel for any walls or floors. Just belay me until--ah?!"

Crack.


All of a sudden, out of the godforsaken blue, the floor decides to give up under your weight. The whole plan goes to devil when your helpless body unwillingly begins to fall, along with the pieces of broken planks...

... your hand slips away from the guy's grip...



... down...



... a scream from above...






... a pitiful yelp rushes from your painfully cramped throat...








.... down...











... face first into something soft.

Sinking, plunging into the matter, unpleasant, sickeningly moist in touch. Tangle of mildewed cloth closes itself around your body, like a hideous blanket - its repulsive stench, tearing at your scattered thoughts, wile something clatters ominously beneath the whole thing. And you - frantically gasping for air - the stale, humid air that seems to be the only available here - pluck yourself out of the disgusting embrace of your inanimate saviour. Spring onto your feet, like a scared animal, wheezing uncontrollably. Echo carries around the room and up when your shoes tap on the stone surface of the floor. Slippery. Wet and slippery.
"I'm alright!" You shout, more to convince yourself than for any other purpose. "I'm completely okay!"
Still trying to ignore the sensation of mouldy fabric brushing against your face, but otherwise wholesome. Whoever put these... clothes - or whatever they are - here, had a good iea about how helpful they might end up being for future generations. Your eyes, still only partially used to the darkness, give the room a scan.
Round. Wide and round, its walls fading away somewhere above. Made of polished stone and barely anything else - only a couple of pipes protruding here and there. On the side, a ruined, wooden ladder clutters the floor - bits of rusted, metal wires still attached here and there.
"... you alive?!" Comes echoing from above. You raise your chin, and spot a stain of dim yellow upon the the expanse of black nothingness. Several, smaller, darker dots seem to be blotting parts of it out. How far away is it...? At least twenty meters, if not more... It's a miracle you're still in one piece. "Sorry! Didn't mean to kill you!"
You recognize the voice of the Theater Guys' leader.
"Shouldn't have let go of my hand, jerk!" You yell back, and grunt, silently.
"Kourin is on his way! Stay sharp!"
Stay sharp, he says... But there's no point in standing idly around this empty room. There's one point of interest here - a hint of light coming from a gap beneath the thick, fortified, wooden door - the only apparent exit, other than the one aloft.
"Aya..." You whisper to yourself, wiping your mouth with a sleeve. Need to find that knucklehead before she digs herself deeper into this muck.
The handle on the door - resembling an old floodgate - is rusted and rough, but the hinges seem to be still operative - they let the wings set ajar, not making a single noise. - and beyond them...

A long, low and narrow corridor - made of the same, polished, wet stone as the room you've just left - all its details distinguishable thanks to the bluish light of a flashlight, coming from the opposite end... Flashlight...? Squinting your eyes - it really turns out to be a flashlight - or something resemblant - being waggled around by someone on the other end. Someone, a figure of a person, meddling around with the other floodgate. Even from afar, you can easily recognize the features.
"Aya!"
Not able to take the tension anymore, your body surrenders to the impulse, and springs into a needlessly hurried chase towards the foolish girl. She hears your steps, and obviously startled, turns around, revealing the source of the light to be a small pocket torch - one she's been apparently holding in her mouth until now. When the beam sweeps over your face, almost blinding your unadjusted eyes, your ears pick up a loud, relieved mix of a groan and a sigh.
"... it's you." Aya mutters, when you finally stop at her side, panting and sweating, only now aware of the hot, almost suffocating, damp air lingering here. Regardless of it, the Indiana Jones wannabe in a skirt gives you a perfectly unaffected, scowling frown. "What're you doing down here?"
"What am I doing--?!" You blurt out, forgetting about being out of breath. Aya glowers at your pitiful attempts of coming to a consensus with the unfriendly atmosphere of this place. "What are you doing?!"
"Exploring, of course!" She sticks her chest out, hands on hips, all of a sudden sparking with ridiculous amounts of enthusiasm. In spite of being frightened and upset a second ago. "I asked around a bit, and you know what?" You shake your head. Aya's smile widens. "No one's been to this place in ages! That means, whatever we find..." She leans forward, directing the penlight at your face again, successfully averting your impending reproof, then shoots you the usual 'heads will roll' look, while you continue to blink at her, completely dumbfounded. "Is ours to take! So!" 'Ours to take'? Was that her goal in coming here? To loot the shrine? In that case, did she purposefully stage the whole thing just to get here...? "If you'd kindly hold this torch up for me... The keyhole is hellishly rusted."
"You've got the key?" You ask.
"Found it laying around." And she answers, still grinning.
Ridiculous...


[ ] No. No way. The two of you are getting out of here, ASAP.
[ ] She's so happy about this all... And you're a bit curious too, to be honest.
>> No. 17568
{X} She's so happy about this all... And you're a bit curious too, to be honest.

Happy~
>> No. 17569
>I'm currently experiencing a surge of paranoia

Nothing unusual.

[x] She's so happy about this all... And you're a bit curious too, to be honest.
>> No. 17570
>I'm currently experiencing a surge of paranoia

Paranoia's healthy. It's when you don't have any you should start suspecting things.
>> No. 17571
[x] Fine. Reluctantly, let her.
>> No. 17572
File 123878550811.jpg - (32.61KB , 354x464 , 4575c9b702.jpg ) [iqdb]
17572
[x] No. No way. The two of you are getting out of here, ASAP.

Yeah.

Considering the backstory we just got one update ago, I don't think we'd even want the things we find in there anyways.

Voting to preserve our sanity.
>> No. 17573
[x] No. No way. The two of you are getting out of here, ASAP.
>> No. 17575
[ ] She's so happy about this all... And you're a bit curious too, to be honest.
>> No. 17576
>>17566
[X] She's so happy about this all... And you're a bit curious too, to be honest.

This will probably end in severe head trauma, broken bones, delusions, rape, or some combination thereof. If we're lucky.
>> No. 17578
>>17576

Or just drowned bodies, if we're not.
>> No. 17598
[ze] No. No way. The two of you are getting out of here, ASAP.
>> No. 17599
[x] She's so happy about this all... And you're a bit curious too, to be honest.

Aya moe~
>> No. 17603
File 123884993212.jpg - (391.31KB , 600x876 , 6dc85510dc843407f6ace9d125cec7dfff264c7a.jpg ) [iqdb]
17603
Confession time. I re-read the hitherto progress of BLAIR last night - looking for something I could bang my head against a wall over. Other than a couple of typos, I found nothing. My paranoia is starving.

Updates later today, I've got a lot of housework, translating work (got a job at a games portal), and bike-work (Sun! Warmth! Delight!).

>>17599

Aya moe~

>>17570
>It's when you don't have any you should start suspecting things.

Exactly why my paranoia kicked in - I'm too used to constant failure, and here everything's been proceeding in perfect order. Sends shivers down my grey matter.
>> No. 17608
Back, writing. Should be done within 10 minutes.
>> No. 17609
File 123887922542.jpg - (107.87KB , 375x500 , 364959546_698ead78f9.jpg ) [iqdb]
17609
[x] She's so happy about this all... And you're a bit curious too, to be honest.

... but be it what it may, only a cretin would expect any less from Aya. Even when faced with such unpropitious circumstances, she remains with her eyes set directly on the goal. Shooting overconfident sparks all around, completely unaffected by the creepy atmosphere - the very one that seems to be intent on flooding your back with boiling sweat. Where is all this heat coming from...?
Curiosity - the first step on the stairwell to hell - and the one tugging on your palm, urging to follow down the slope, is no one other than Aya. Her absurd trust in luck, zeal, joy and intrepid attitude... Why do you find her beaming grin somewhat...
Infectious?
Caught in the flow of cocksure stream, you let yourself be swayed. Smile and nod. Smirk and snort. When in a flock of crows, caw like them - when with Aya, share her madness, not oppose it.
But you were already prepared to agree, weren't you?
"Okay, then." The two of your smiles seem to brighten the situation up a little - Aya, with her victory ensured, hands you the flashlight. "Hold it up a bit for me."
"Um, shouldn't I rather--"
"Tsk, tsk, tsk." Aya turns to you once again, scowling. The thought of sweeping her face with a beam of blinding light crosses your mind for a second, but in the end, give up, labeling the opportunity as 'too dangerous to risk'. Another time. "Don't give me that 'weaker sex' talk. Besides," She puts one hand on her hip, and raises the other in the air, waggling her index finger, like a teacher in a kindergarten. "If you opened the door, the treasure would be rightfully yours, no? You cunning, little crook. Don't worry." Your attempt of answering is averted by her tapping your shoulder. "We'll share. Eighty for me, fifteen for you, how about it?"
"What about the remaining five?" You inquire carefully.
"Of course," She states, as if it were something obvious. "It goes to Circle's expenses. Well, less talking, more flashing."
If she means flashing her underwear while spinning around, then yes - it's been done yet again. Sighing, you hold the little torch up, and direct it at Aya's hands - at the door.
There, a sturdy looking padlock, built into the flood gate itself - a large block of solid iron, a small in comparison key sticking out of it - half-turned. When you take a step forward, trying to get a better look, a wave of warmth hits your face - the source has been revealed, and it's behind this layer of reinforced wood. Whatever it is on the other side...
"Here goes!" Aya grabs the key with both hands, and grunting, twists her hands. Loud and obnoxious screech carries down the corridor, echoing from the walls...
... you're about to meet it.

Creak.

As if your presence magically made the lock give up, something clicks on the other side. The wooden edifice squeaks once, when Aya's hands finally turn the key.
"It's open!" She yelps in joy. "It's ope--!"
One time is enough - so the world seems to think.
Because accompanying the second creak - and Aya's second cheer - the flood gate sets ajar.

Explodes ajar, rather.

What treacherously leaps from the suddenly created gap... is a foaming mass of water - which sweeps Aya off her feet in a moment's notice, before anything can be done.

"I can't swi--!"
It floods your ears before she's able to finish. You're knocked out of balance by the vicious stream. All you can do, is close your eyes, when the wave hits your face, and washes your helpless body away - backwards.

WOOOOOSH...







But after a mere couple of seconds, it passes, and you find yourself on the floor, spitting the odiously warm water out - aside. Everything you've wearing is drenched - the pants, the shirt, and everything underneath... Sticking unpleasantly to the skin. In panic, you raise a hand to your head, but find the lucky bandana to be gone.
"Where--?!"
Cough, cough. Something other beckons your attention - close hacking, so extremely close it almost makes you jump in surprise.
In front - right between your legs, sits a pitiful figure of a girl - similarly wet all over, maybe even more so than you, as unplausible as that might sound at first. The straps of her bra are clearly visible under the soaked fabric of her shirt. The fact she's jettisoning right on your left knee makes the picture a tad bit less appealing, but it still retains that certain charm. Kind of makes you want to pull at it and make it snap against her back.
"God-- cough!-- Damn it! Cough!"
"What a great moment to confess." You say, gently smacking her back. Amazingly, no protest escapes her lips. Her black, glimmering hair sticks to her face, like some sort of a cute squid. "Couldn't have chosen any better, seriously."
She tries to shoot you an evil glance, but your hand hinders with her intentions - resuming to slap even after she's finished coughing the water up. There's some grim satisfaction in exploiting this short off guard moment of hers. However parlous it may turn out to be later. Right now...
The gates of hell have been opened - or at least it looks so - while the water level still evens between the room just opened, this corridor and the well-like construction behind, the second floodgate gapes open before - gracing your eyes with a sight of a room, flooded - now for a change - with faint, red light. But as triumphant as it would be under any other circumstances... What worries you more...

Is that the two of you are not alone anymore.

Four numb, unmoving rag dolls have joined your company. Dressed in ruined, red and white clothes, their wide, empty eyes are fixated at whatever features of the new place their heads directed them at. Deathly pale, almost completely white on the unnaturally creased skin, their hands all appear to lack the nails. But there's no blood. Not even a slightest hint of red graces their wounded fingers.
One of them, in its post-mortem malice, seems to be reaching for your foot, which you - noticing that - quickly retract.
Drowned. The treasure Aya was so looking forward to finding was a quartet of drowned people. And whatever drowned with them on the other side of that flood gate. In that room, full of crimson light. Shards of glass litter the floor, glittering in the stream of flowing water. Only now, your ears pick up a faint, whistling noise, as though of a steam-powered machine, coming from ahead.
"Aya--" You try to call her name, but find her staring at the bodies. "Aya, what are you-- Aya..."
Her eyes greet you with something so unexpected, your mouth zips shut on its own.
"T-they..." Fright paints itself on her face - her wet, shocked face, as her hands seek out yours, laid on - and now pressed to - her shoulders. "I knew something was wrong..."
Her pale lips whisper a barely audible mutter.
The whistling resumes in the background, growing in volume with every passing second... Or could it be only an illusion - your ears slowly getting used to the silence again, after being attacked by a roaring wave?

[ ] "I told you." Stand up, and force her too as well, whether she wants it or not. "Let's get out of here. It's too dangerous."
[ ] This is way too suspicious. There might be a hint, or a trace, in that room, or... on the bodies... What happened here?
>> No. 17610
>>17609
[X] This is way too suspicious. There might be a hint, or a trace, in that room, or... on the bodies... What happened here?

Freaky, but we're too far in to turn around now.
>> No. 17611
[+] "I told you." Stand up, and force her too as well, whether she wants it or not. "Let's get out of here. It's too dangerous."
We were running on Aya's enthusiasm. Time to go.
>> No. 17612
[X] This is way too suspicious. There might be a hint, or a trace, in that room, or... on the bodies... What happened here?
[X] "Aya, did you really just find that key?"

They died because someone had locked them in and literally threw away the key. Now with the gate opened, the water will drain all the way back to the sinkhole, where at the very worst you'll be pushed back and then up to the surface.
>> No. 17613
[x] This is way too suspicious. There might be a hint, or a trace, in that room, or... on the bodies... What happened here?
>> No. 17614
[x] "I told you." Stand up, and force her too as well, whether she wants it or not. "Let's get out of here. It's too dangerous."

Stop playing around in a room full of dead bodies you necrophiles
>> No. 17615
[x] "I told you." Stand up, and force her too as well, whether she wants it or not. "Let's get out of here. It's too dangerous."
>> No. 17618
[x] "I told you." Stand up, and force her too as well, whether she wants it or not. "Let's get out of here. It's too dangerous."

I think the police can handle this better than a bunch of meddling kids.
>> No. 17619
[x] "I told you." Stand up, and force her too as well, whether she wants it or not. "Let's get out of here. It's too dangerous."

Better and back on track.
>> No. 17620
[x] "I told you." Stand up, and force her too as well, whether she wants it or not. "Let's get out of here. It's too dangerous."
>> No. 17621
>>17618
And, if push comes to shove, we could recruit Momiji.
>> No. 17656
[X] This is way too suspicious. There might be a hint, or a trace, in that room, or... on the bodies... What happened here?
[X] "Aya, did you really just find that key?"
Just how angry were the towns people?
>> No. 17658
[ze] "I told you." Stand up, and force her too as well, whether she wants it or not. "Let's get out of here. It's too dangerous."
>> No. 17668
[x] "I told you." Stand up, and force her too as well, whether she wants it or not. "Let's get out of here. It's too dangerous."
[x] "Aya, did you really just find that key?"
>> No. 17670
>Let's ignore the plot hook

Yes, this is sure to go over so well.
>> No. 17674
Writing. 15 or so minutes.
>> No. 17675
File 123893627247.jpg - (227.27KB , 750x1000 , moe 62445 sample.jpg ) [iqdb]
17675
[x] "I told you." Stand up, and force her too as well, whether she wants it or not. "Let's get out of here. It's too dangerous."

It doesn't matter - it DOESN'T matter - where there are bodies - drowned bodies behind a locked floodgate in a dungeon beneath an abandoned shrine - there is trouble, and trouble is the least necessary of your needs right now. This isn't what students should be fumbling in - things like these are best off left to official authorities. Police, whoever - just not you, not anyone from the Circle, not--
Not the girl that, having slipped away from your reach - despite being a helpless, drenched chick mere seconds ago - begins to rummage through the nearest corpse's robe. Without any regard for the deceased - not to mention the moral restraints of looting a dead body - she rolls it over, almost slipping on the wet floor. The whistling continues, as you watch - in daze - as she mutters...
"There must be something..."
... and plunges her hand in one of its pockets, and in an accompaniment of obnoxious, sickening noises, wriggles it around, searching for something, an expression of only slightly troubled wonder over her frightened eyes. Having found nothing of interest, she moves onto another of the pockets, lost in that peculiar curiosity - the one that's spread onto you as well, the one that...
"I told you."
... is no more. Perhaps it was the bucket of water full of carcasses that damped your ardour, it doesn't matter anymore. Springing up - trying to ignore the unpleasant sensation of soaked clothes clinging to your skin - you quickly leap to Aya's side, and grab a hold of her nosy arm. She grants you a glance filled with unjustified grudge.
"I knew it." She says in a voice so excited, it conflicts with the spark of her eyes. "Something was wrong. I knew it!" Ignoring your scowl, she yanks her wrist out of your grasp, and kneels beside the body, rummaging through its pockets once again. "There must be something! A hint! We might be on a trail of a real case!"
Enough. No sissing around anymore. Those aren't the circumstances for letting the gentlemanly side take the steers.
No more regard for what she might think about it, you forcefully tear her away from the 'treasure' - and pull her up, by the forearm, making your faces meet at an even level.
"Don't give me that shit!" You drawl through your teeth. "I shouldn't have let you run off on your own. It's too dangerous, Aya. Can't you see? Let's get out of here!"
"But--" She tries to protest.
"No! We're getting out of here, IN THIS INSTANT."
Even if it costs her joints getting dislocated, you need to get her out of here - so no heed for her resistance, your feet begin to pull towards the other gate. The one through which you walked into this watery tomb.
"Wait!" Aya's shoes squeak on the wet stones. "You don't know!"
"I don't want to know!" Your own too, but you couldn't care less at the moment. Haul her out, so as to get as far away from these corpses as possible. Back to the surface. The faint light of the torch reveals more glass on the floor - glass that you don't even care to avoid stepping on. Hurried, nervous steps carry down the corridor. The whistling behind - opposing the logic - grows stronger as you get farther. So it really was getting louder... "Neither should you!" The two of you rush into the round space of the well, as your eyes immediately notice a rope hanging from above - a noose at its end. Looking up, you open your mouth to shout. "Kourin! I've got her! Two tugs!"
"Got it!" Comes a response from above.
No time to lose. For some reason, staying down here doesn't seem like a good idea any more - and the faster you get out, the faster your worries will dim away.
"The police can't--"
"The police can and WILL, Aya." You cut short yet another of her objections, putting one foot in the noose. "Come here. Foot on mine." She abides - fortunately, and as her foot attempts to fit in the loop, you wrap your arm around her waist. The feeling of wet skin underneath a layer of soaked - probably see through too - fabric that would otherwise send your senses down to burning hell of passion fazes you not at this time. "One hand up, twined into the rope. Grab me by the shoulder with the other."
"We could have--"
"We couldn't, Aya."
At least she retains enough common sense to follow your orders - and when her palm grabs a firm enough hold to lower the weight on your foot, you too grasp the harsh line with yours - slightly above hers. Then tug at it, twice.
"Hold tightly!" Kourin voices your thoughts in your stead.

Aya keeps strangely quiet, when - with a sudden jerk - your ascent begins.



It is only when the brink of the hole comes into an arm's reach - with everyone's faces looking down in shock - when a loud, disturbing noise of bending metal echoes from down the well.
When you unentwine your palm from the rope - and grab Kourin's - a distant, but incredibly strong roar of rushing water comes from below.
With the help of a dozen of hands, the two of you are pulled over the edge, and into safety. The noise grows in volume. You don't even dare to steal a glance down inside again.
"We better get out of here."
Your notion is met with no complaints - everyone, like one man, begin their evacuation out of the shrine - and away from the bellow - Aya still hanging off your shoulder. The ground feels as if though it was shaking, when the corridors dash by, becoming but blurred hints of wood and paper when you follow the herd - outside. Outside, away from the noise.


Finally there - in safety, at the top of the stairs, you allow your tired body to fall over, into the embrace of rough mother earth. Miss Keine - as well as Akyu and everyone else, seem to be looking back. At the building. Why...? There's no noises anymore, so why...?
But shifting your gaze there, you see why.

Flooded by the vicious underground spring, the shrine begins to collapse, as water springs out of each and every entrance. The roof surrenders under the wave, and crushes the walls under it's no longer supported weight.
But why are there no sounds? Why...?

Is the world...

Spinning...


Spiraling...




Into darkness...?





(...)



It would seem that even after death, you're condemned to feeling the sickening touch of wet cloth on your face.
No, rather, why is it suddenly on your face? Weren't your clothes drenched, and the bandana washed away? So why is there something wet, on your forehead?
Confused, you reach for it with a weak arm...
"Ah."
A soft, surprised moan comes from nearby when your fingers brush against something soft and warm - placed over the accursed, wet fabric. Soft and warm... A moan...
Not only that - in the background, a constant, rhythmical sound of rain beating on the windows.
"Holy..." It's not that bright, but your eyes try to retreat from the light that's attempted an assault on your nerves when the cloth disappears.
Myschi's relieved face comes into view - hovering inches above yours, smiling assuringly.
"Welcome back." She says, instantly erasing all the regret of being alive again.
The faint smell of a cigarette teases your nostrils, but not enough to negate the effects of Myschi's curved lips' influence.

[ ] "Am I... in heaven? If no, then I don't want to wake up."
[ ] "Myschi... Aya... Is Aya okay...?"
[ ] "... is it dinner time yet?"
>> No. 17676
>>[] "... is it dinner time yet?"
But that'd just be me.

[+] "Am I... in heaven? If no, then I don't want to wake up."
>> No. 17677
[ ] "Am I... in heaven? If no, then I don't want to wake up."
>> No. 17678
[x] "Am I... in heaven? If no, then I don't want to wake up."

Best option.
>> No. 17679
[x] "Am I... in heaven? If no, then I don't want to wake up."
>> No. 17680
[x] "... is it dinner time yet?"

put a smile on her face, make her laugh.
>> No. 17688
[x] "Are.. are you an angel?"
>> No. 17689
[x] "Am I... in heaven? If no, then I don't want to wake up."
>> No. 17714
Reinforcements on the way, ETA no more than 20 minutes.
>> No. 17715
File 123896974145.jpg - (73.35KB , 420x637 , cc8dfd486d0ddb3074347540d4cc8143.jpg ) [iqdb]
17715
[x] "Am I... in heaven? If no, then I don't want to wake up."

In pain, confused and lost or not, only the blind or female would refuse the blessing of these lips - and all the aching axons, nerves and cells can go sod themselves in a corner - you're not going to break the rule just to maliciously make an exception. Your dry lips, possibly chapped as well, can do nothing to resist the call - and return the favour, maybe a bit too enthusiastically for their current state. It hurts, but doesn't it feel good.
"Am--" You stop for a moment, swallowing the saliva accumulated in your mouth, dampening the sore throat. Myschi - God bless her - waits patiently for that little ritual to finish, her unchanging smile timidly encouraging your efforts to fully return to a state of full efficiency. "Am I..." Finally, you let out a hoarse question. "... In heaven? Ah." She halts with her mouth half-open when you resume out of the blue. "If not, then I don't want to wake up."
Simultaneously, from three directions, three responses come, each different - one, an ashamed, but pleased 'ah'. Next - an all-knowing 'Oho'. Finally - the third, a displeased grunt from somewhere to the right - the direction of the humming rain in an opened window, a discontented grunt.
"Ah." "Oho~." "Ghh--."
Myschi pulls back a little, the smile on her face completely changed - from a genuinely kind, to a barely suppressed, victorious grin. Her white teeth twinkle in the gap between her two deep-purple lips. Deep purple. That's right - the colours are slowly flowing back into the view, filling all the things around with their righteous hues - where previously was nothing but grey mist, your eyes spy the familiar ceiling of your room. Where there was but achromatic mist, your bedside table winks with a red eye of an electronic alarm clock. Where there was naught but a black shadow - smirks Aya's face, winking her playful lashes at your not completely necessary comment.
The only thing that retains its tattletale gray tint - are the windows, the world behind them grim and dreary - sheets of a downpour constantly assaulting the glass, knocking a rhythm of a song no normal human being could ever play. There too, glaring at you, stands Mokou, the glowing, orange tip of her cigarette breaking the bland background with its smoking light.
No... In fact, it looks strangely out of place.
"Well!" Aya breaks your contemplation of the newly returned reality, and lifts herself from your bed - from your side, where she was apparently sitting the whole time - making the poor thing squeak miserably, and sends you yet another, confident wink. Only now do you notice she's wearing naught but a black bath-robe. Her hair, matted, but dry, gives her a certain, ruffled kind of appeal that - if it wasn't for the two other present girls - as well as the aching forehead - you'd feast on without a second thought. "If you can flirt with our cook so leisurely, then I guess my worries were pointless. Rejoice!" She changes her smile into a troubled one. "Miss Nature is with you today, it seems. The rain isn't going to stop anytime soon, so we might have to postpone the shooting. Take it easy." Her hands land on her hips. "Oh, and don't crack your head over what happened too much."
"What?" You question, not really sure what she could have on her mind, saying that.
"Miss Keine is going to take care of it. So no word to anyone else, okay?"
"You... told her?"
Aya shrugs. Ignoring the other girls' stares is becoming less and less bearable with every passing second.
"What other choice I had? But, like I said. Take it easy." Again, that troubled smile. "I'll forgive you. But!" She shuts your mouth shut, shooting a finger at your uplift face. "Only this once! And only because these are special circumstances! Now!" She gives out a loud sigh. "I'm going to bid your adieu. Business beckons."
With that, she quickly scoots out the room, banging the door behind her - be it intentionally or not.
Myschi relaxes a bit, similarly sighing. Sitting up, you notice she's been squatting on the floor, a white bowl of water at her side - and a white towel in her hand. Still holding back a smirk, she throws the cloth into the bowl, then shifts her eyes to you.
"How's head?"
"Um... Moderately fine, I guess."
"Good." She nods. "If you want to drink, look to your right." You do, and see a glass of transparent liquid just beside the alarm clock. "Are you sure you're okay?"
"Mhm." You give her a half-hearted response, shortly before downing all of its contents. Cold feels fine on the dry tissue. "Man, Myschi. You're a godsend."
She gives you another of her heartening smiles.
"You better thank your buddy though - he was the one who carried you here." She points at her head. "You know, the one with the funny mop."
"Kourin." You throw. "Did he? Oh, right - he was the only guy there--..." Your own brain stops the words. Kourin...? The only guy...? No, you're fairly certain there was someone... Someone else...? No, not counting the guys from the Theater Club, who don't count at all... and the girls... Was there really anyone else? "Uh..."
"He changed your clothes too, so that's bonus points." Myschi resumes, oblivious to your confusion. "Ah, I wish I had a reliable friend like that... Anyway," As if though remembering something, she sharpens her stare, and gives you a look of suspicious concern. "You didn't go to sleep last night when I told you, did you?"
Ack. Out of a reflex, you bite your lip, and back away a little. Right, you didn't - you didn't at all. No, actually, the amount of sleep you got was close to zero.
"Um..." You try to face Myschi's glaring eyes, but fail in the first second of direct contact. Your hands start wriggling around in front of your chest, frantically, almost like if you were an elementary school kid, being scolded by his teacher for breaking a window, and desperately trying to say: 'but it wasn't me! Really! I swear!'. Too bad they've all seen you kicking that ball right at it. "I had a good reason to-- I mean, someone stopped me-- Myschi?"
With one fist rised in front of her face, she squints her eyes, giving you the scariest scowl one could imagine on such a cute face. Your inner mammal yelps in terror.
"Even though I ended my shift prematurely not to keep you up too long..." She drawls through her teeth. "Even though I risked my boss' wrath just to bid you a good night..."
"Myschi!" You almost squeal. "It wasn't my--"

SLAM.

The game of cat and mice ends when Mokou snaps the window shut with a bang, seemingly finished with smoking her hourly dose of nicotine. Arms crossed on her chest, she casts you a glare in many ways scarier than Myschi's. Her voice is steely and ordering when she stops behind the cook girl's back, looking down with a threat.
"Leave."
Myschi, stripped of all her anger, turns around, a questioning look in her eyes.
"What?"
"Get out." Mokou mouths, nodding her chin at the door. "He's awake, he doesn't need you anymore."
"He's awake, but--"
"Get. Out."
"No!" Myschi sprins onto her feet, to Mokou's surprise. Standing on her tiptoes, she seems to be intent on answering the smoker girl's eyes' challenge. "You don't even know how to treat a fainted person! How can I leave you alone, when he's still--?!"
"Get. The fuck. Out."
The air becomes stale with those words - but in spite of it, the two of them remain staring in each other's eyes.
If this isn't a prelude to a bloody battle, you don't know what it could otherwise be.

[ ] "Myschi... For a moment... Please?"
[ ] "Mokou, leave her alone."
[ ] The moot object should remain silent.

==

Ah, two updates in a day. I'm feeling it being alive. Sob ;-;
>> No. 17717
[ ] "Mokou, leave her alone."
>> No. 17718
[x] "Mokou, leave her alone."

Myschi's not so secret pining/affection for us is cute.
>> No. 17719
>Ah, two updates in a day. I'm feeling it being alive. Sob ;-;

It's okay, learn to love your own Creation!

[x] "Mokou, leave her alone."

moot = hate
>> No. 17721
[x] "Mokou, leave her alone."
>> No. 17722
[x] "Mokou, leave her alone."
>> No. 17723
BIRD FIGHT.
>> No. 17724
[x] "Mokou, leave her alone."

Want to see angry Mokou.
>> No. 17728
[x] "Mokou, leave her alone."
>> No. 17729
May as well vote the other way just to make the tally look interesting.

[+] "Myschi... For a moment... Please?"
>> No. 17740
[x] "Yeah, actually, the both of you. I'd like to convalesce in peace, and not surrounded by, say, the incessant, patronizing squawking of harridans.”

Didn't take you to a hospital, they didn't call the police, and it's also somehow your fault this all happened. Yeah.
>> No. 17755
[x] The moot object should remain silent.

>"How's head?"
Head would be great right about now. You were incredibly sloppy in this last update.
>> No. 17793
[x] "Mokou, leave her alone."

I'm usually amicable to a writefags depiction of Mokou, but this one is just too...I don't know - this one is different, I just can't say how.
>> No. 17794
[ze] "Bitches, bitches, please! Calm y'all's asses down so's my head don't get to burstin'."
>> No. 17795
>>17755

That certain infantilism was an intentional one.
>> No. 17808
Channeling dark energies... The ritual shall be done within 20 minutes.
>> No. 17809
>>17808
Grant us the gifts of the chaos gods, great one
>> No. 17810
File 123904403515.jpg - (469.12KB , 571x827 , 9b097d6e36415ac7efc7f2b95adee088.jpg ) [iqdb]
17810
>>17809

Do not trifle with me, worm.

==

[X] "Mokou, leave her alone."

Unbelievable - those two are really riding a truck aimed straight into a pike labeled 'cat fight' - and over what? No, what really matters is - are you going to allow it to unfold?
No way in hell. Let it ache all it wants, but this head of yours retains enough oil inside not to let them claw each other's eyes out.
"No." Myschi rebuts, with false, forced confidence in her voice. Mokou towers over her like a an eagle over a chick, glaring daggers down upon its prey. Hands in her pockets, she really looks menacing, with that look in her eyes. "It's not even your room, how can you--"
"It's as good as mine, ya twit." Mokou doesn't as much as quiver in the slightest, when Myschi backs away a little, stripped of the momentary advantage. "Flock off."
"Why?!" A cry comes from the purple lips. Either she's really desperate, or out of arguments - or simply scared, like anyone remotely sane would be, faced with those fiery eyes.
"Why?" The assailant repeats with a wry wit ringing maliciously in her voice. "Who the hell do you think you are?" Myschi almost trips on the bed's edge, when Mokou charges a step forward, erasing the last bits of certitude from the poor girl's stare. "A mere worker, is what you are. Stop assing into your patrons' business, and fuck off already."
Her tone alone sends shivers down your spine - let alone the rest of her posture. If there is one thing you can be sure of in this twisted situation - is that Mokou can be really frightening, if she tries.
In spite of that, ignoring all the obvious and plain signals opting for giving up, Myschi seems to be intent on throwing herself into the hell of Mokou's rage - and returns the angry stare, however meek and unimpressive it looks in her innocent, gentle eyes. Casting away the rest of common sense, she takes the time given to her by the glaring monster, to mimic her gesture from a second ago - and clumsily, as if not used nor trained in the arts of intimidation, taps her foot on the floor ahead.
"I'll leave whenever I want!" She pouts, conjuring a smirk onto Mokou's mouth. "If he doesn't want me to leave, then I won't--ah?!"
Her words die out, when her collar is pulled forward, caught into the steel grip of Mokou's hand. The other, like an uplift axe of a hangman, behind, prepared to be thrust forward.
"You really don't know your place, do you?!" Mokou screams, closing her eyes, as her fist flies forward, at Myschi's shocked face.

But the punch never lands. Why? Because before it gets to travel even half of the way, you're already there - with the blanket till now laid over your tired body cast away, your own arms both on Mokou's, averting the punch, and through a catch learned somewhere, long time ago, making her release Myschi's shirt - allowing the girl to trip over her own legs, and land on the bed.
"Mokou," You drawl through your teeth, oblivious of the black haze slowly accumulating in the back of your head. Blood pressure... "Leave her alone."
The eagle - not so fierce anymore, equally startled by your sudden movement as the chick behind - blinks a few times, angry confusion pouring out of her dumbfounded eyes.
"What?" She asks, jerking her wrists once, but to no avail.
"What's gotten into you?" Instead of letting her go just yet, you mutter a question. She doesn't answer, looking at you as if though you suddenly turned into something out of this planet. "First that thing in the morning, now this..." You shake your head. "Get some rest, Mokou. You're stressed out. Get some rest."
"Hah?" A baffled gasp escapes her mouth. "Haaah?" And again, as she continues to blink her eyes. "You're telling me to get some rest?"
"Mokou--"
"Look at you!" She finally yanks her whole body so hard, you can't help but release the grip on her forearms. Massaging them demonstratively, she backs away, as you let your hands hang along your side - not really sure what to do besides that. Mokou eyes you with another of her glares. "Look at you, damn it! What the hell is this?! I wasn't the one who jumped into a well, rushed out, then fainted, and got carried back by a friend! Look at you! Do you have any idea?! ANY IDEA?!" Her cheeks are red - from anger, or something else, you can't say. In fact, her whole face is starting to take an unhealthy, crimson tint. "Some people are WORRIED about you, and there you go--" She points to Myschi, making the poor girl jump in fear. "-- waking up, fuck knows how badly damaged, flirting with this stinking fanny as though NOTHING HAPPENED!"
"Mokou," You try to interrupt. "Calm down--"
"Like HELL I'm going to!" She cuts your attempt short, swinging her fist in the air. "You ought to REST, not--"
"Then LET me rest, for heaven's sake!" That's enough - it's been going on for far too long. Not able to hold your nerves back any longer, you explode in an accusing tone. Mokou, for once - for freaking once - knocked off the tracks, takes one more step back. "Look!" You gesture at Myschi, sitting silent on the bed, like a scared bird. "Do you want to know who got my blood running the most out of you three?! IT WAS YOU. Thanks to you I'm on the brink of fainting again! Are you satisfied?!"
Mokou's face - now completely flooded in sanguine shade - stretches in a frown. She keeps quiet for a couple of seconds, as you try to catch your breath.
"... fine." She finally mutters, letting her gaze drop to the floor. "Do you want me to leave? Fine." She repeats. "I don't know what you see in that..." Myschi shivers under another of Mokou's glances. "Fuck me. Have fun, dimwit."
Before anything can be done, Mokou's already at the door, slamming it behind her as though the hinges were the ones responsible for this mess.

Devoid of the strength that led your thoughts in the last few moments, you fall onto the bed, sending a wave of pitiful squeaks sounding from its innards.
Sigh. Then groan - and sigh again. Scratch your forehead. Sigh. Curse under your nose. Feel the blackness fade away as you rest your head against the wall. Sigh. Groan. Notice Myschi's still there, unmoving.
"I--..." She looks aside, noticing your stare, and mumbles quietly. "I'm sorry..."
"It's not your fault." You assure, though the tone isn't even half as assuring as you'd like to make it out to be. "Mokou's been... rather nervous these past few days."
"Stress?" Myschi questions childishly. You don't even feel a need to respond. "She might lack vitamin B..."
"Myschi, can we not talk about this?"
"Why?" You notice her shifting closer, giving you a curious look. "Do you have something to hide involving her? I thought you were just co-members of that movie club?"

[ ] "You speak as though you already knew everything. Why bother asking?"
[ ] "Let's just change the topic, okay? Like, what's for dinner today?"
[ ] "Yeah, we... do have history, if that's what you meant."
[ ] "Co-members, classmates, friends, lovers... Hope you're not disgusted by experienced men?"
[ ] "Just... let me rest, okay? No hard feelings, really, but don't you have work to do?"
[ ] "Curiosity's the first step on the road to hell. Stop poking your nose," On this mark, give the said a pinch. "Into other people's problems."
>> No. 17813
fucking love mokou

[ ] "Yeah, we... do have history, if that's what you meant."

is what i wanted to vote for, but

[x] "Co-members, classmates, friends, lovers... Hope you're not disgusted by experienced men?"
>> No. 17814
[x] "Yeah, we are; nothing more. Now please let me get some rest. I'd rather not talk about these things when I feel like this"
[x] "...I'm sorry if I worried you or the others"
>> No. 17815
[x] "Co-members, classmates, friends, lovers... Hope you're not disgusted by experienced men?"
>> No. 17816
[x] "Co-members, classmates, friends, lovers... Hope you're not disgusted by experienced men?"
>> No. 17818
[x] "Co-members, classmates, friends, lovers... Hope you're not disgusted by experienced men?"
>> No. 17830
[x] "Co-members, classmates, friends, lovers... Hope you're not disgusted by experienced men?"
[x] "Since we're all being so open today, what about you Myschi? You ever hold a boy's hand or make-out behind the bleachers?
>> No. 17876
File 123908470723.jpg - (96.82KB , 850x600 , sample-fd155281c69a5958dd5b4046e7a525b0.jpg ) [iqdb]
17876
>>17813
>fucking love mokou

You have no idea how incentive it is to hear such a thing being said about your character. Thank you.
But, you say that, while holding in your post a vote for flirting with Myschi? Call in for a support ship, your targeting subsystem may be broken~

>>17830

I like this write-in, and if it meets approval, I will gladly use it.
>> No. 17877
[ze] "Yeah, we... do have history, if that's what you meant."

What the fuck.
>> No. 17878
[X] "Yeah, we... do have history, if that's what you meant."

Pissy Mokou is a good Mokou.
>> No. 17879
[x] "Co-members, classmates, friends, lovers... Hope you're not disgusted by experienced men?"
[x] "Since we're all being so open today, what about you Myschi? You ever hold a boy's hand or make-out behind the bleachers?
>> No. 17880
>>17876
>incentive
i had to look this up with my Langenscheidt
I like Myschi just a little bit more....

>I like this write-in, and if it meets approval, I will gladly use it.
Add this to my vote, i don't want to delete it.
>>17813
[x] "Since we're all being so open today, what about you Myschi? You ever hold a boy's hand or make-out behind the bleachers?
>> No. 17882
10 minutes.
>> No. 17884
File 123912269449.jpg - (292.14KB , 640x800 , 05d290cf83e23d3c1307f35dea4c6c0a.jpg ) [iqdb]
17884
[x] "Co-members, classmates, friends, lovers... Hope you're not disgusted by experienced men?"
[x] "Since we're all being so open today, what about you Myschi? You ever hold a boy's hand or make-out behind the bleachers?

If it wasn't for your miserable state, the scent of food and cheap - yet fabulously tempting - perfumes would have probably driven your nostrils mad, and by the point she's inches away, almost touching your shoulder with hers, still staring inquiringly, white teeth flashing from the gap between her enticing, ripe, purple lips - it's no longer bearable. The time is not the most appropriate for thinking such things, and so you raise a hand to your face, blotting the luring view out of your sight, if only to avert the indecent fantasies at least for a brief moment.
This really isn't the best time to be making a move, Myschi. - you'd like to say, but the words refuse to come out.
In their stead, a muffled grunt tickles her ears.
"Co-members..." You start, looking at the grey reality outside the windows through your fingers. The argument may have drowned it out, but now that the silence has made its return, the song of the rain sounds clearly in your head. Tap, tap, tap, a rhythm, chaotic, yet somehow intoxicatingly regular, like an old grandfather clock, measuring the time in its own, personal periods. For a few seconds, it's the only thing to break the stillness of the air inside. Then, you let out another sigh. "... classmates." In a steady, as-a-matter-of-fact tone, you count out. "Friends. Lovers."
Again, the background music leads its reign, until the only other actor present, wriggling around, as though the position she's been sitting in suddenly became extremely uncomfortable. It dies out, when you feel something touch your arm - and remains in that place.
"Hmm..." Myschi mumbles a disinterested mutter. Or was it disinterested? Can't tell, the warmth of her body being so close someway scrambles your thoughts.
"... ha," You snigger bitterly. "Hope you're not disgusted by experienced men?"
"Oh, don't be silly." Myschi gives you a jab - with the same elbow that's been resting against yours nonetheless - and replies, not really amused. "A pure and chaste twenty years old actor? Even I am not silly enough to believe in such abstract concepts." The two of you share an awkward giggle - somewhat refreshing, in the face of this stern atmosphere - yet still not enough to lighten the mood. Even forcing another one doesn't make you feel any better. "But honestly..." Myschi cuts through your gloomy reverie with the force of a cute girl leaning against your arm. "I... shouldn't be saying this, but... you and her? You don't really seem to... mix." With the corner of your eye, you catch a glimpse of her waving her hand nervously in the air. "I-- I mean, you're a nice, gentle guy, and her..."
"Ah, yes..." The gaze of her curious eyes can be felt even through your palm. God only knows what would have happened if you'd removed it all of a sudden. "Mokou can be extremely harsh sometimes..."
'But on the inside, she's just like any other girl. No, actually, thanks to the contrast it creates with her rough, tomboyish side, it appears even softer than it really is. Kaguya did well in polishing the piece of charcoal to resemble an obsidian stone, but at the same time, planted a very fragile core inside. A core only able to be seen through a couple of solicitously covered cracks in the coarse shell.'
Of course, you don't' say that. It would be too much under current circumstances.
But enough of this melodrama - what's in the past, should remain there, and even though the danger of driving yourself mad remains, you remove the palm from your face, and look Myschi straight in the eager eyes, letting a light smirk creep onto your mouth.
"But," She blinks at your trained, theatrical tone. "Since we're all being so open today, what about you Myschi?"
"What?"
"It's my turn." You answer her confusion with an amused stare. "What about you? You ever hold a boy's hand or make-out behind the bleachers?"
"Wah." She backs away, breaking the blissful contact, pouting her mouth at your grin. "How can you ask something like that out of the blue?"
"Hey. We're having an honest hour, no?"
"Even if," She locks her eyes on something behind, and a bit above your shoulder, still pulling that cute, offended face. "Girls should have their own secrets~."
"Aw, that's unfair! Here I came all the way out and confessed, and all you give me is the secrets talk? Come on, Myschi!"
"Sucks~ to~ be~ you~."
Still pouting, she counters your frown with a melodic mock. That girl... To think you had actually anticipated an honest answer, and there she simply made a face that, while cute, revealed nothing at all - shame, shame, shame, a hundredfold shame - yet, somehow, it doesn't feel any bad, any wrong. In a way - you must admit - it's more entertaining this way, despite the hopes getting mercilessly crushed. Girls and their secrets, hm...? Why does that sound familiar...?
"But, but," Myschi says just as you were about to pry some more. "She was right, in one thing."
"Hm?"
Standing up, she demonstratively dusts her clothes off - from what, it's impossible to say.
"I do have work to do."
"Ah." Right, she IS working here, is she not? Dang. "Oh. Oh, well. See you around, then."
"Dinner's in about two hours." She throws, heading for the door. "Don't be late this time~."
"Of course," You whisper when her steps fade away in the corridor outside. Sighing weakly, you let your body fall into the embrace of the covers, burying your face in the spot she's been sitting on. The scent of smoked meat and her own still linger there, in the white sheets, caressing your tired senses. "How could I?"


(...)


But, misfortune has it you weren't allowed to do much before having your peace broken again - by another visitor. Only a few minutes to restore a little more consciousness, do a few stretches, and put a set of decent clothes on, when the accursed door - which, honestly, you should one day learn to lock - is busted open yet again.
"WHERE IS THAT FREAKING IDIOT?!"
You can only watch, shocked, as Kaguya rushes into your room - your very own room - wearing the same set of pajamas you saw her in this morning - and last night - with madness in her eyes. Madness, as in - the angry type. It would be more accurate to say she's literally enraged.
"Kaguya--?"
"Ah, here you are, you little flirt!" You can't even blink when she leaps towards you, grabbing your collar. "Myschi's left already, huh? Good, good." She then nods to herself. "I wouldn't want anyone to watch your face getting caved in."
"Kaguya?"
"Oh, don't try to act innocent." She flashes a smirk that could split a rock in half. "So, which cheek will it be? Left or right?"

[ ] "Right. Wake me up."
[ ] "Holy-- Calm down! Can't we just talk it out? I'm genuinely confused, here!"
[ ] "... it's about Mokou, am I mistaken? What, did she run crying to you after almost beating up the one who's been feeding her the past few days?"
[ ] No. Not now. Kaguya - plus - door - equals...?
>> No. 17886
[x] "... it's about Mokou, am I mistaken?"
[x] "Right. Give me your best shot."

Take it like a man, we know what's going on.
>> No. 17887
[x] No. Not now. Kaguya - plus - door - equals...?

*SLAM*

[x] Put your weight on the door: "If you're here to bitch without even saying why, then you can piss off like everyone else!"
>> No. 17888
[x] No. Not now. Kaguya - plus - door - equals...?
[x] Put your weight on the door: "If you're here to bitch without even saying why, then you can piss off like everyone else!"
>> No. 17889
As an actor, shouldn't we have learned some minor thing or two about taking punches (to make up for the lack of choreography)?

[+] "Right. Wake me up."
>> No. 17890
[x] No. Not now. Kaguya - plus - door - equals...?
[x] Put your weight on the door: "If you're here to bitch without even saying why, then you can piss off like everyone else!"

LET ME REST DAMNIT
>> No. 17891
File 123913215616.jpg - (93.52KB , 640x480 , c884ffe967c4649b3d8bc8e7fdb0179d.jpg ) [iqdb]
17891
... interesting. But let us wait a little more.
>> No. 17893
[x] No. Not now. Kaguya - plus - door - equals...?
[x] Put your weight on the door: "If you're here to bitch without even saying why, then you can piss off like everyone else!"
>> No. 17894
[x] No. Not now. Kaguya - plus - door - equals...?
[x] Put your weight on the door: "If you're here to bitch without even saying why, then you can piss off like everyone else!"
>> No. 17897
So what, we going emo on Kaguya now? Or is this just a play?
>> No. 17899
[x] "... it's about Mokou, am I mistaken?"
[x] "Right. Give me your best shot."

This is good.

>"I... shouldn't be saying this, but... you and her? You don't really seem to... mix."

But she'd be a perfect match for us, right? It really bugs me when people use this kind of line, fictional or otherwise.
>> No. 17902
[x] Drop
[x] Grab her legs
[x] Throw her over your shoulder
[x] Throw her in her room
[x] Close the door behind you and head for dinner. You're not in the mood for any bullshit today.
>> No. 17904
[X] No. Not now. Kaguya - plus - door - equals...?
[X] Put your weight on the door: "If you're here to bitch without even saying why, then you can piss off like everyone else!"
>> No. 17918
>>17897

Being righteously pissed is not being emo. This guy seriously needs to grow a pair.

Kaguya and Mokou will never go for him as he is, because he refuses to get vicious. These girls can't get off without conflict, so the best you'll be is a sympathy fuck or something for one to gain leverage over the other.
>> No. 17929
[x] No. Not now. Kaguya - plus - door - equals...?
[x] Put your weight on the door: "If you're here to bitch without even saying why, then you can piss off like everyone else!"

Goddammit woman, we've had bloody enough. What's a man gotta do to get some shut-eye around here? Kill himself?
>> No. 17940
>>17918
fuck yes, time beat up those bitches and show them their place is in the kitchen.
>> No. 17942
>>17940

... Uh...
>> No. 17944
>>17940

pardon?
>> No. 17946
>>17940

It's funny, because Myschi DOES belong in the kitchen.
>> No. 17948
10 minutes.
>> No. 17950
File 123920749928.png - (204.09KB , 600x800 , de452e3a37a41711327153b61de5eff1.png ) [iqdb]
17950
[X] No. Not now. Kaguya - plus - door - equals...?
[X] Put your weight on the door: "If you're here to bitch without even saying why, then you can piss off like everyone else!"

One after another, and not a single bit of heartsease to enjoy - or leastwise to enjoy in an idle fashion. It would seem saving someone's careless derriere isn't quite enough to earn eternal respect and gratitude - so is the greatest lie of silver screen revealed. Heroes' lives aren't as easy as the directors would like them to be - ironically - since your own, little director wished you peace that you're not going to be given at this rate.
Kaguya nudges harder at your sternum, but not hard enough to actually achieve anything but a bitter grimace from your side. A grimace that immediately conjures more wry irritation onto her face.
"Hey, what's wrong?" She asks, pushing once more, poison pouring out of every single word. "Myschi bit your tongue off?"
"Oh, piss off!" You finally snap - perhaps at these words, or because of the accumulated tension in general - and grab Kaguya's wrist without any heed for the fact it's a female wrist you're grabbing. Brief surprise paints itself in her eyes when you tear her fingers away from your collar - and force them behind her back. The classic, traditional catch - and yet she surrenders without a slightest hint of physical resistance, only scratching your palm as you force her whole body to turn, spin around, directing it towards the entrance. Her slippers scrape against the floor when, to the accompaniment of her squeals and protests, you begin forcefully shoving her there.
"Hey--! Let go--! What are you--! Ow--! This hur--! Wah?!"

SLAM.

It feels strangely satisfying to get your turn to snap the door shut at the long awaited last. Cheers to the inventor of high doorsteps - and to Kaguya's clumsy self, for tripping over it, facilitating the task of throwing her butt out the room by a solid couple of notches. Groaning, you lean against the wooden surface, and slump to the floor, while a series of loud, offended complaints echo down the corridor on the other side.
"You little--!" Bang, bang, her fists beat at the surface, but to no avail - strangely, she seem to have forgotten about the existence of knobs - like a mindless zombie punching the door, instead of just turning the said... Not that she'd be able to enter anyway. Your weight won't be easy for someone of her posture to push away. "Open up!"
'It's open, you moron!' - presses from inside, but you're not in the best mood for playing at her witlessness at the moment.
"Piss off!" Miraculously, the beating halts, and you hear Kaguya back away a little. "If you're here to bitch without even saying why, then you can piss off like everyone else!"
"I was just about to get to the point when you suddenly--!" She tries to rebut, but isn't allowed to. The die is cast, and it is time for her to abide by the outcome.
And the outcome is your angered snarling.
"First Mokou--" You give the floor a single bash. "--And now you! Seriously, can't a man have a MOMENT of peace?! I went through a watery hell today, I could have DIED today, you know!"
"Listen--"
"No, YOU listen!" You cut her words short once more. "I could have DIED, and all you care - ALL YOU CARE ABOUT - is my innocent flirting with Myschi! What the hell is up with that?!"
"I didn't--"
Damn right she didn't! She didn't give you the peace you deserved, she didn't piss off when you told her to, she didn't care about what your ass got hauled through earlier today. This is the effect - this is the result, Kaguya!
"Is everything you can be concerned about a little, poor cook girl getting hit on by a guy?! Cut me some slack, Kaguya! Does that really bother you?! It is me you should be worried about--!!!"
"AND I AM!" Finally, after taking in all these spiteful words you've hurled from your careless mouth, Kaguya too - in her own way - snaps. A single, loud bang, followed by another - much quieter - sounds from behind your back, as you realize you've been clawing at the floor all this time. "I am, you idiot!" She's no longer yelling. No longer demanding. Now, it sounds almost as if she were... "I am worried." ... trying to hold back tears?
Still, if this much were enough to extinguish all the guilt...
"So what's your problem?"
"What's YOUR problem?" She returns the question in a weak voice. "Great, listen to me. Are you satisfied? Good job, Casanova."
"What are you--"
"We were all worried, you know." Kaguya ignores your unfinished holdup, lowering her voice even more. "But there was one girl who was worried the most. To the extent she threatened to gut anyone who tries to move her from your room alive." She sniffs obnoxiously, sending liquid lead down your throat. "All because we had told her she shouldn't be smoking around an unconscious person."
"Then why didn't she just throw these disgusting things away?"
"Because she was worried, you moron." Comes from the other side. "Mokou smokes maniacally when she's upset, you know. Or you should know, at least."
Indeed, from what you can remember, she does... But...
"That doesn't justify her jumping Myschi--"
"She's a coward, you see." Kaguya answers as if though she already foresaw that point coming. "It must have been a great relief for her when you woke up... And then, the first thing you did, was flirt with that girl. After all the stress she'd gone through. Try to put yourself in her shoes."
"It's stupid--"
"I'm not interested in your excuses." A series of shuffles and rustling reaches your ears, and before you know, Kaguya's steps begin to sound, receding with every single one. "She's in our room. I'm going to give Aya a hand." She throws, walking away. "Feel free to come, after you've sorted this mess out."

No more words are spoken, and before long, the echo of her steps fades away.



"... ghh..."
All this hassle only added to your stress, while what you were supposed to do, was relax. Damn that Aya - every time she wishes someone good, he ends up getting battered. If there's anyone to be blamed for your bad luck, it's her.
Putting a hand - dirty hand, which you couldn't care less about right now - to your forehead, you let out a tired sigh.
Not a single single bit of heartsease, in more ways than one. Rotten fortune. Unwanted hassle.

[ ] ... fine. Go pay the crybaby tomboy a visit.
[ ] There's only one place to seek comfort in - Myschi's caring arms.
[ ] Hit the sack, send the concerns flying through the window.
>> No. 17951
[X] Hit the sack, send the concerns flying through the window.

A little too fucking tsundere. Sorry, Moko, but no matter how worried you might be, you're in the wrong here. Learn some self-control.
>> No. 17952
[x] Hit the sack, send the concerns flying through the window.
[x] LOCK THAT FUCKING DOOR.
>> No. 17953
>>17950
>Putting a hand - dirty hand, which you couldn't care less about right now - to your forehead, you let out a tired sigh.

Really? Mucking through disgusting underground caves, drenched in corpse water, and stagnating for the better part of the day? Best way to remedy this state of nastiness and collect your thoughts would be to at least take a shower.

[X] On second thought, all things considered, you're pretty disgusting; take a shower, a bath, something already.
[X] ... fine. Go pay the crybaby tomboy a visit.

I haven't the foggiest as to what an encounter with her now will entail, but I am drawn to violently upset tsunderes like a moth to a flame.

Actually, looking back on the options, absent a write-in commenting on the cigarette smoke, most of them we were bound to set Mokou off to some extent. I think we picked the worst one though.
>> No. 17954
[X] On second thought, all things considered, you're pretty disgusting; take a shower, a bath, something already.
[X] ... fine. Go pay the crybaby tomboy a visit.

Poor Mokou~
>> No. 17955
[X] On second thought, all things considered, you're pretty disgusting; take a shower, a bath, something already.
[X] ... fine. Go pay the crybaby tomboy a visit.

good choice, exactly what we need to do. Should have done last vote....
>> No. 17956
[X] On second thought, all things considered, you're pretty disgusting; take a shower, a bath, something already.

[x] Hit the sack, send the concerns flying through the window.

Frankly, I'd choose the Myschi option but that has the potential downside of pissing off a great number of people.

But Mokou has to stop being so damn possessive. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, justifies what she was going to do.
>> No. 17957
I was bored, so calling early.
Ten minutes.
>> No. 17958
File 123922776827.png - (340.18KB , 550x700 , 0ded1d8063bb74e261529667ab0f0604.png ) [iqdb]
17958
[X] On second thought, all things considered, you're pretty disgusting; take a shower, a bath, something already.
[X] ... fine. Go pay the crybaby tomboy a visit.

Not only that, though - the pickle over Mokou's hissy fit in just one of the worries scratching at your head, demanding attention. But what is it? - What could be so important to match the significance of a girl's hurt feelings? The answer seems to be within an arm's reach, yet your tongue can't quite put itself over it...
... it could be because human tongues rarely reach to their owners' foreheads, unless the human in question is a Chernobylian mutant from a poor, C-class thriller movie, and as far as you're concerned, you've always been a perfectly fine, healthy, young male. The last part will have to be erased from the record some day, but for the moment, let the sensation of sand grains chaffing your forehead be the main focus, alright? Right, looking at your head - with irresistible, though only slight disgust - turns out Kourin may have forgotten the most important part of treating a person that'd been swimming in corpse water not long ago.
"... brrr."
Recalling that alone makes you shiver - and at the same time, regret putting better clothes on already. What a bit of confusion can do to one's thoughts. Completely scrambled, thanks to all three of them - Myschi, Mokou and Kaguya. Standing up feels like rolling around in sand after a thorough mud bath - disgusting. So disgusting you disregard the possibility of someone coming in, and jump out of the clothes on the spot.
Naked, wearing only the filth of misadventures, you dash into the bathroom, and quickly enclose yourself in the protective shell of the showering cabin.

In all fairness, it wasn't the smell that figured on the list as the chief issue - otherwise Myschi wouldn't have gotten so... close as she did. What, then?
The stream of pleasantly warm water reveals the source of the problem - and without a delay, washes it off - flowing down your tired body like... Well, like a really nice, hot shower. Tiredness.
Heat sinking into your skin seems to replenish the depleted energy finer than the finest of energy drinks - all without tormenting your stomach with carbonated liquids. Red Bull ads lied - but the good, ol' water does just fine. The feeling of that calm, yet cheerful elation creeps into your thoughts, spreading its charming wings over all the little elements that - having stopped running around, screaming and pushing each other - begin to calm down, and on their own, voluntary will, arrange in a row, and explain their points.
First of all - it is a fact that you could have died today. Not only you - because Aya - that careless, eccentric girl - completely ignored the danger of exploring old waterworks for the sake of making a discovery she never made in the end - but survived, thanks to your foresight. It's the second time something like this has happened, and she still hasn't even expressed her thanks... if she has any at all. Knowing her, she doesn't - but then again, why would you need gratitude? She's a friend, it's natural friends would help each other out, no?
There we come to our second dilemma - the discovery itself. It wasn't a treasure, nor was it a diary from the old days - nay, the thing you both had put so much effort in finding turned out to be a bunch of corpses... Drowned corpses, with their fingernails removed. It someway dodged your attention back then, but it couldn't have been a case of regular drowning out of recklessness - the door was locked, and Aya found the key somewhere - would that mean they were locked in there by someone else, and premeditatedly murdered? Miss Keine was informed, according to Aya, and whether she believed the story or not... is another issue. Hopefully she'll take the responsibility and inform the authorities... Though thanks to the shrine collapsing due to your meddling with the floodgates... There might be nothing to look for at the scene... .... Could it be that it was an intentional precaution taken by whoever drowned those people, in case someone discovers the bodies? No, life isn't a detective novel, it's better to leave this to the authorities.
The fatigue of the forced sleep is wiped away when you rub the water into your eyes.
Finally, the third and final condition to deal with. Mokou. Whatever really happened, you should... No, you need to see her. More awkwardness between you two is the last thing you need under current circumstances. She can fumble around all she wants when you're both back home, but in this place... It would be better to appease her a little, no matter the cost. Plus... No denying it, you do feel a little bit guilty, though - yes - only a little bit. Only that, nothing more.
"... heh." Come to think of it, this kinda feels like the old times, when you would preen yourself before meeting up with her, only to end up getting the clothes all wrinkled up in the evening... "... huh."
That's it - this body can't take any more. Warmth is fine, but only in certain, set amounts, and light nausea that's crept into the back of your eyeballs marks the line. Turning the water off, you grab a towel from the rack beside the cabin, and do what all the normal people do after showering - flail your head around, sending water flying everywhere, before proceeding to wipe it off the rest of your body.
Those rags you carelessly put on? They might as well be burned for all you care - to the corner with them. Time to waste yet another set of clothes.
With the towel wrapped around your head, you leave the bathroom, and head back to the scene of the drama.


(...)


Before long, you find yourself standing in front of Kaguya and Mokou's room, clean, perfumed and woken up. Why? - God only knows that, because you sure don't, and there's no reason for anyone else to know either. Hair combed back - but missing the lost bandana - usual, blue jeans, a white t-shirt and a thin jacket on top. The only thing that you lack is a bouquet of roses and a box of chocolates - now that'd be a fully-fledged apology visit.
This is ridiculous.
Knock, knock - your fingers play on the surface of the door.
"Go away!" Comes from the other side.
Of course, you abide by the request, and slip inside, into the darkness of drawn curtains.

The strange atmosphere of this room hits you almost instantly - just like it did the other day, only this time, the smell of coffee is lest distinct, less tangible. The TV is off, and instead of a troubled writer sitting on one of the beds in cute pajamas, all you see is an eiderdown concealing something big laying underneath. It quivers when you shut the door behind your back, and step further inside.
"Go away!" Mokou repeats, although - irony - much weaker. "Go smooch your cute cook, will ya!"
"How did you know it's me?" You ask, gently, trying to find a relatively safe way to the bed she's laying on, amidst the mess of things cluttering the floor.
"Your damned steps are going to haunt me for the rest of my life!"
"Hm..."
The mountain of fabric remains unmoving when you slide the empty cups aside with one foot. Out of the blue, one jingles against another, sending Mokou jumping in fright - or whatever else it is making her jump.
"Flock off!" She yells, entangling herself further in the thing. "Leave me alone!"


[ ] Leave her, then. No use prying.
[ ] Sit at her side, and say nothing. Wait for the shell to melt first.
[ ] Bear hug. Nothing mends awkwardness like more awkwardness.
[ ] Sit on the opposite bed, and gently, but firmly suggest... no - order her to come out.
>> No. 17960
Jesus Christ, without any ass kissing, YAF is the only writer who makes it possible to feel something for the characters he writes. Reimu and now Mokou.... sometimes he is just really good.

[x] Sit at her side, and say nothing. Wait for the shell to melt first.
Do this until she talks, when she starts and you show her only silence and she demands an answer simple
[x] Bear hug. Nothing mends awkwardness like more awkwardness.

I don't know how much of this is possible.
>> No. 17961
[X] Leave her, then. No use prying.
[X] Take her suggestion and go find Myschi.

Seriously, Moko can go to hell. She deserves to feel like crap after nearly caving Myschi's face in.
>> No. 17963
[x] Leave her, then. No use prying.

[x] As you do, make sure you say, loud enough for her to hear: "You want me to leave? Fine! Maybe I'll go see Myschi! At least she's consistent with her own feelings, unlike some other people I know!"

Either Mokou does nothing, in which case we win by virtue of getting to go see Myschi, OR she tries to stop us, in which case we win by getting her to abandon the bed.
>> No. 17964
>>17958
[X] Act really upset, total drama, fired up, the works, etc. and pretend to storm out.
[X] Sneaking mission: creep back into her room to see what she does.

We're an actor(?), this might work. Probably offset by the fact that if she heard us coming in the hallway she'd expect to hear us leave, but maybe we can twist that "your damned steps will haunt me" comment against her. "Never hear from me again" or some line like that.

Hope is to catch her without her guard up for even a moment, maybe get her to open up a bit. I love this Mokou too much to leave yet.
>> No. 17965
[x] Sit at her side, and say nothing. Wait for the shell to melt first.
[x] When it becomes clear it won't, give her an ultimatum: "You make me second-guess myself, every moment I'm around you. I can't live like that; maybe a stronger person could."
[x] If no response, get up and go to the door: "I may love you Mokou, but I don't love you that much."
[x] If she doesn't respond, leave.

I won't live my whole life in doubt because you're afraid of commitment.
>> No. 17966
[x] Sit at her side, and say nothing. Wait for the shell to melt first.

This is fine by itself.
>> No. 17967
[x] Sit at her side, and say nothing. Wait for the shell to melt first.
>> No. 17968
[x] Sit at her side, and say nothing. Wait for the shell to melt first.
>> No. 17970
[x] Untangle her from her tomb.
[x] Push away all of her attempts at resistance, and kiss her long and hard.
[x] "I'm sorry, and thank you" stroke her hair and hug her.
>> No. 17975
[x] Sit at her side, and say nothing. Wait for the shell to melt first.
>> No. 17980
[x] Sit at her side, and say nothing. Wait for the shell to melt first.
>> No. 18023
[x] Sit at her side, and say nothing. Wait for the shell to melt first.
>> No. 18024
>>17958
That picture is really fucking hot.

>>17960
>Jesus Christ, without any ass kissing, YAF is the only writer who makes it possible to feel something for the characters he writes.
...You don't read many stories on this site, do you.
>> No. 18030
File 123927812558.png - (187.04KB , 700x700 , 2d3b7591702b2b543b9c86d7faf7c46d.png ) [iqdb]
18030
>>18024
I realize how useless it is to ask, but I'll ask nonetheless. Please, keep trolling YAF in /shrine/. Let's keep this part of the boards nice and clean. Maybe the guy just isn't as easily affected as other Anons?

>>17965
Oh boy.


>>17970
Oh boy.

Do you guys really like Mokou that much, or am I being shot with vicious sarcasm?

>>17960
Thank you, I see the little share of knowledge about the arcanes of writefaggotry I learned here and there and utilize is paying off. That's certainly nice to hear.

Not to stray too far away from the topic, I am saddened to inform you I can't guarantee any updates today. Lots of work has piled up over the last few days, and befell my shoulders all at once - a matter to take care of as fast as possible.
There might be enough free time and energy in the evening to whip out one or two, but nothing is sure at this point - 'this point' being 13:55, Thursday afternoon.
All I can say is: stay tuned for will Mokou's feelings reach Actornon?!.

Good hunting.
>> No. 18032
>will Mokou's feelings reach Actornon

FFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 18033
>>18024
I read everything but i only vote in the top 4 stories.
I can't explain it better but YAF sometimes puts so much life and character in his creation that i feel with them (or them?)
He lacks in some ways as a writer in comparison to others but he makes it up with things only he can do.
YAF's like a shiny object covered in shit, once you scrape it off you see how much it shines. (Wanted to say Diamond, but that would be too much praise)
>> No. 18037
>>18030
>Do you guys really like Mokou that much, or am I being shot with vicious sarcasm?
I enjoy this Moukou very much. But my vote(second "oh boy") was hopefully to make her feel better. She was worried, she got pissed, and now she's despairing. I think she just needs to know that we haven't forgotten about her, that she's still attractive and our relationship isn't going to be some awkward soul-searching every time we look each other in the eyes.

I believe we need to show her that we love her, but that we're also able to have love in heart for other people. As they say, you should be friends before lovers.
>> No. 18038
>>18030

If it were me, it'd be HUUUGE amounts of sarcasm. This Mokou seems much more...bitchy than the others I've seen.
>> No. 18039
Alright, the deadlines can go to hell, I'm already doing extra work.

Ten minutes. Expect me. Don't expect any more today, though - I'm completely worn out.
>> No. 18040
>>18030
>Please, keep trolling YAF in /shrine/.
That was more about him, not you.

>Maybe the guy just isn't as easily affected as other Anons?
...You wish.
>> No. 18041
File 123931181168.jpg - (126.29KB , 548x867 , f36b37a4cfa35c96f4a48481717b6e14.jpg ) [iqdb]
18041
[x] Sit at her side, and say nothing. Wait for the shell to melt first.

You know better than to trust those harsh words of hers like some naïve soap opera protagonist so popular these days, and instead of following the silly cliché, you look instead to your feet - where the cups you've just disturbed gape with their dirty insides accusingly, and shooing their mute protest away, a finger put to your lips, you measure the next step, then leap over a pile of used plates, your feet tapping silently on the wooden floor.
At that silent noise, Mokou seems - or sounds, rather - to thump the already rickety bed, all still beneath the protective cover of her eiderdown.
"Go blow yourself! Piss off!"
Of course, her voice joins in the loud protest, as you maneouver through a maze of empty glasses. It is only now you realize, but here too, the sound of the rain beating on the windows can be heard, although much quieter, creating a cozy, almost enjoyable background track for the smell of coffee and the nice darkness - and at the same time, for this messed up situation. Messed up in both the senses of Mokou's caprices, and the amount of clutter scattered around - with this much, her and Kaguya could start a restaurant of their own. Why Mystia lets this kind of behaviour slip by unnoticed, is beyond you.
But, here you are, finally between the beds, where - logically - the obstacles are gone, shoved carelessly into the space under them. Convenient, if not a little silly. Either way, you take care to sit as silently as possible, as Mokou kicks about in her soft prison. Your seat betrays you, though, letting out a creaking groan, so miserable it almost makes you want to apologize. Just yesterday, it had to bear with the weight of not only you, but also another girl...
"Didn't I tell you to piss off?!" Whines the resentful princess. "Why won't you leave me alone?!"
But no words meet her offended queries - probably because the one she's asking doesn't really know. It's not the first time you've seen her like this, but each and every instant she goes into this mode, something ends up broken. Furniture, dishes or bones - one of the three, always.
One leg on the other, you lean back, and sigh voicelessly, as not to disturb the fragile atmosphere. Let the rain take up this task, though it will never succeed, unless there's a thunderstorm incoming to send Mokou jerking in fright at the sudden bolts of lightning. Ah, that one time you were at her place, when a storm broke out...
In spite of everything, a smile stretches your lips.
Mokou seems to sense it, and punches the bed once again.
"Get out!"
But to respond would be to let her win. If it's a battle, then the one to prevail will be you - with lips shut, smirking, nose savouring the smells, ears admiring the soundtrack for this piece.
The girl too appears to realize that simple truth, and against all your expectations, falls silent, unmoving inside her white shell.



Serenity continues for a couple of minutes, in the peaceful mood that has somehow made its way through Mokou's growls - but just like everything nice, it too comes to an abrupt end, when Mokou rustles about on her spot. You lower your eyes from the ceiling, and look at the lump of white cloth ahead. Sluggishly, as though the gravity was hard to fight, it raises - sits up, in a manner of speaking - and turns its head - or at least the highest part of its shapeless body - in your direction, glaring with invisible eyes.
"... are you still there?" Comes a weak voice from its inexistant mouth.
You can't help but smile at the adorable spectacle.
"Suppose I'm not." And give a mildly amused answer.
Answer that seems to satisfy the Eiderdown Monster - as it begins to peel its skin off, only to reveal a girl in a white, button-up shirt, all wrinkled up and messy, and blue shorts sitting there, cheeks - as well as the whole of her face - covered in an unhealthy blush. Her eyes give you a dissatisfied glance, and turn away, to the nearest wall.
"... you said you weren't here anymore." She mouths, rubbing her red face with both palms.
You, in the meantime, do your best not to figure the reason of its current colour out.
"Not really." A half-assed response to aid the purposeful ignorance. "I was here the whole time."
Tired eyes glare at you from between the fingers, which only reinforces your happy expression.
Mokou, seeing that, slumps a little, letting a displeased groan slip out of her chapped lips..
"I'm not four years old, you know." She says, still trying to bring order to her appearance. "Stop that stupid play."
"It was you who started it." You rebut, not changing your face a slightest bit. It someway comes hard to say, but she has the same kind of appeal Kaguya's back lured you with last night. Disorder in getup and hair. How come those two are so similar in this area...? And when you're around, too, at that. "Feeling better yet?"
The attempts stop, as if your question was so unearthly stupid it was beyond the borders of Mokou's comprehension. She continues to stare for a few moments, then, shakes her head - a palm pressed against her forehead. Finally, the series of gestures ends with an intent glare - the corners of her lips quivering lightly as she opens them to say something.
"... close your eyes."
"What?" You blink, genuinely confused.
Mokou scowls, and clenches her fist in front of her chest.
"Don't make me repeat myself, damn you. Close your goddamn eyes, dimwit!"
No use resisting - you follow that nonsensical request, and close your 'goddamn' eyes, sinking into total darkness.
The sounds that come - not counting the background music of the rain - suggest someone standing up from a shaky bed, and approaching your front, in complete silence... And as you begin to ponder whether you should or not try sneaking a peek...
>> No. 18042
PAIN!

Something - a fist, obviously - drives itself into one of your poor cheeks, and it is only due to mother Earth's blessed gravity it didn't send you flying around the room.
Shocked, shaken, but not confused, you disregard Mokou's - your assailant's - request, and return to the world of the seeing...
... but not quick enough to stop her from closing your - now, unfortunately - bewildered self in an embrace. Tight, affectionate embrace. Your ear picks up silent breathing, just beside it. Your back - a pair of arms wrapped around it. Your chest - another, pressed against it. The warmth of another person, the smell of cigarettes, the pleasure of physical contact, the peaceful mist looming in the back of your head, when she snuggles closer, rubbing her whole self against you. Her arms squeeze - so hard it's nigh impossible to breathe comfortably. But - oh, irony - you don't find it any irritating. Any reprehensible. No, your own hands seem to demand hugging back.
But that'd mean letting her win, no?
Her hair falls majestically to your lap, as she kneels down on the bed, at your side, not for a moment breaking the embrace. Why is it... there's this thought... wishing for her to get even closer...?
"Mokou..." You whisper, unable to find proper words.
"Why do you always do this to me..." But she takes the initiative by asking more rhetorical questions. "... why do you always have to look everywhere but not at yourself... Why do you have to put yourself in danger's way, make me worry to death..."
"Mokou..."
Squeeze. Even harder.
"And then kick me in the sack like that, while I was ready to do everything to save you..." She pauses. The rain resumes to tap on the windows in the background. "... it hurts. It hurts when you do that."
"I'm sorry for worrying you," You finally gather enough force to push the words out. "But if it's about Myschi... We're not together anymore, remember? It was a good time, but..."
"... I know."
"Then why are you acting like this?"
"..."
Nothing. No answer.
"Are you jealous of her?"
"..."
Again, nothing, only her squeezing arms.
"Mokou, we're not--"
"I know." She interrupts with a whisper. "--I know..."
Then, silence ensues. With her still hanging from your shoulders, you can't help, but feel this isn't going anywhere.
At this rate... Nothing is going to happen. She'll just remain there, silent and still, while you... Your own thoughts... Your own hands...


[ ] Think of something to say.
[ ] Make a move. Do something.
[ ] Idleness is the answer.

==

I apologize for these poorly concealed write-in options, but I am in no form to think of anything applicable at the moment.
Besides, I appreciate your input~

>>18038

Aha. Not into bitchy lasses, are we? Don't worry, I'll do my best to fix that~
>> No. 18043
[x] Think of something to say.
[x]"A moment of my life is yours forever, but that moment's gone now."
>> No. 18044
>>18041
Jesus.
That picture.
You've got a good eye for Mokou, I have to admit.

>whines the resentful princess.
But it's not Kaguya under there.

>"... you said you weren't here anymore."
hnnngh

>"And then kick me in the sack like that,
No matter how much of a tomboy Mokou is, I don't think there's any woman that would use that phrase.

Unless this Mokou is futa or a trap or something. That would make things... interesting.
>> No. 18045
[x] Remain silent
[x] Pet her head
>> No. 18046
Those options really do suck. Give me something better i am undecided of what to do.
>> No. 18049
>>18044
>I don't think there's any woman that would use that phrase.

Ahh. You see, I happen to know one. Mokou's personality is partially based on her. Myschi too is based on a girl I used to work with, though of course, they're not xerox copies - modifications were made to fit the core characters more. In other words, I am yet again utilizing real life to aid the creation of my fiction.
>> No. 18050
>>18046
[x] "Maybe... we could start over"
>> No. 18053
>In other words, I am yet again utilizing real life to aid the creation of my fiction.

[x] What would YAF do in this situation?

easily solved
>> No. 18073
[x] Return the hug.
[x] "Maybe... we could start over?"
>> No. 18074
[x] Just hug her. Nothing else but that for right now.
>> No. 18076
[x] Just hug her. Nothing else but that for right now.
>> No. 18077
[x] Just hug her. Nothing else but that for right now.

Changing vote.

It looks like the same damn thing to me anyways.
>> No. 18083
[x] Just hug her. Nothing else but that for right now.

This is good, we neither refuse or accept her. Leaves open everything for pro Mokou or not.
>> No. 18085
[x] Just hug her. Nothing else but that for right now.

Damnit, why do all you writefags have to make it so hard to choose!? Why can't all the women be assholes except for one? Why do you have to make them all so appealing?
>> No. 18086
>>18085
It's okay. We'll be demanding a second thread after this one has run its course.
>> No. 18087
>>18049
Did she have a penis?
>> No. 18108
>>18087

I... wonder.


In ten minutes, there will be old immortals, running the world.
>> No. 18109
File 123939478133.png - (55.97KB , 303x384 , 49a5c7ae93a1ca7785f134769bf1e72c.png ) [iqdb]
18109
[x] Just hug her. Nothing else but that for right now.

... will answer the ridiculous call. Take in the warmth she's so generously offering - and demand more, more and more - then absorb it all, in these calming shades, with the rain as the romantic background music, with the smell of coffee lingering in everything around. Your arms raise, almost on their own - as though they knew better what it is that needs to be done - traverse the still air, reaching towards Mokou's shoulders, hidden behind the veil of her long hair - running its strands along her back, painting patterns of unknown meaning, drawing the eyes like an intoxicating subliminal message. The breathing of her body, so distinct, so tangible, sending instants of pressure again and again rebounding from your chest, like waves of a sea bounce off a wharf. Your eyes, lulled by it all, close... Arms...

Respond. Touch the delicate skin, covered only by a thin layer of white fabric. Urge it to move closer, even closer, to stop straying away, stop acting so near when in fact... It's only now she shifts the lower part of her body, timidly, yet inevitably - and settle herself on your lap, not for a moment letting go of your shoulders. She sighs silently when you return the embrace, in full force, gently - but firmly wrapping your arms around her back. Burying your face in the storm of her hair, just above the ear, ignoring the stench of cigarette smoke she reeks with. All because of you. Because of that accident... She gave into the nonsensical worry... And wound up like this...
Her lips whisper your name, and you take it in - tighten the hug, to the brink of pain.
But no other words are spoken - there's simply no need to. Your bodies communicate through every little signal possible - breathing, quiet, wordless whispers, pressure of fingers entangled in the clothes...

And nothing happens - both of you keep the silence alive, for more than it is comfortable, but even when it gets too warm, even when it gets too hard to breathe, neither of you lets go. Not yet wishing to let the feeling slip away. In memoria of all the other times...
It... used to be like this. When the two of you would be so comfortable with each other something like this would be natural.
It's been... whole ages since you last hugged like this.
Maybe that's why... it feels... so...


... nostalgic...?



Knock, knock.

The life, though, is more vicious than the soapiest of operas - and sends shivers down your whole existence as the door to the room sounds with a noise of someone tapping at it, delicately, as though not sure what kind of answer to expect, not wanting to interrupt.
"Hello?" Comes a voice from the other side -- miss Keine's. "Is--?"
"I am." You cut in, perfectly knowledgeable of her reason to be here. After all, why else would she come knocking so shyly - as if God knows what was going on inside. "Just a second."
Mokou doesn't protest when you urge her off your lap, and sits at the side, concealing her face behind her fringe. It... somewhat hurts to leave her like this, but... If miss Keine is here because of that...
The bed goes into a series of creaks when you lift your unwilling body onto its legs, and march - carefully - towards the door.
Keine's face greets you with an unsure stare. She glances briefly at Mokou, then falls silent for a few moments, before finally mouthing out.
"I can come another time, if you two are..."


[ ] No, there's no need. In fact, request a talk in private - there are quite a few questions you'd like to ask.
[ ] Invite her inside - Mokou would probably like to hear more about the whole incident.
[ ] Nod apologetically.

==

Would have come sooner, this update, but my internet decided it would be a good time to ruin my mood by suddenly closing my window out to the world.
>> No. 18114
[x] No, there's no need. In fact, request a talk in private - there are quite a few questions you'd like to ask.
[x] But first, I think Moukou needs some food in her stomach.
>> No. 18115
[x] No, there's no need. In fact, request a talk in private - there are quite a few questions you'd like to ask.
[x] But first, I think Moukou needs some food in her stomach.
>> No. 18118
[x] No, there's no need. In fact, request a talk in private - there are quite a few questions you'd like to ask.

Maybe seeing Mystia now with Mokou would be bad.
>> No. 18120
[x] No, there's no need. In fact, request a talk in private - there are quite a few questions you'd like to ask.
[x] But first, I think Moukou needs some food in her stomach.
>> No. 18121
>>18118
I second your opinion, but I'd also like a better idea of what the first option means. To whom are we directing this "private conversation," Mokou or the arriving Keine?
>> No. 18122
[x] No, there's no need. In fact, request a talk in private - there are quite a few questions you'd like to ask.
[x] But first, I think Moukou needs some food in her stomach.
>> No. 18157
updates polish nigger
>> No. 18158
[x] No, there's no need. In fact, request a talk in private - there are quite a few questions you'd like to ask.
[x] But first, I think Moukou needs some food in her stomach.
>> No. 18159
File 123948678810.jpg - (169.87KB , 497x743 , 263b06a2f4ec229d2f0606a1e1b93c5a.jpg ) [iqdb]
18159
>>18157

Sorry. I'm not really sure what you want to accomplish by suggesting Mokou to grab a snack - and how you want to accomplish that - but it's only a half of my excuse. The other is - I finally got my laptop back, and am setting it up for intensive work. It'll take an hour or two, but if nothing goes berserk on me, I'll be back on track in no time.
>> No. 18162
>>18159
Tell her to get the fuck out to eat something in a nice way so that you can have a proper talk with Keine in peace.
>> No. 18165
>>18159
I think we should interpret that "Mokou needs food badly" choice as our excuse to make Keine think she's still helping when we send her off.

I'm still not sure how to interpret the first option, i.e., who we are going to have a private conversation with. Especially when our second choice suggests Keine would be giving a report about the incident, does that mean we request to have a private conversation with Keine, we let/request Keine and Mokou talk a bit (both having relationship confusion and all), or if we continue to have an uninterrupted hug-time with Mokou?
>> No. 18168
>>18159
When I made that write-in, I thought that Moukou might be hungry after despairing in her room this whole time - on top of that, it would just be a nice sentiment. It would definitely make her feel better.

The rest of you can interpret it the way you want, and/or use it however you wish, but I just want to see her smiling/scowling again.

>>18165
We wouldn't let Keine in if we wanted a private conversation with Moukou, now, would we?
>> No. 18213
I see you lurking around YAF, get back to work nigger
>> No. 18262
Back, waggling my laptop, expect me in 10 minutes.
>> No. 18268
File 123957586074.jpg - (192.83KB , 600x800 , 72ffeca6c614bc2f8673defe9b476512.jpg ) [iqdb]
18268
[x] No, there's no need. In fact, request a talk in private - there are quite a few questions you'd like to ask.
[x] But first, I think Moukou needs some food in her stomach.

"No need." You quickly answer, before she makes any reckless moves. "In fact, I wanted to ask a couple of things myself."
Miss Keine glances once more at the girl sitting at the bed, but with an understanding nod, turns back to you soon enough to come up with one more, perhaps very important idea. Half of the making-up is done, seeing how neither you or Mokou are angry with each other anymore, but there is one more person waiting downstairs who still hasn't the slightest idea of Mokou's true - against all the odds, harmless - motives. You and the troubled teacher communicate without words, through an exchange of meaningful stares, and as she moves out of the purview of the door's frame, you spin on your heels, then head off back to Mokou's side.
"Mokou." She steals a peek at your face through the ruffled fringe, but doesn't answer otherwise. Maybe for the best - it wouldn't be nice to face her harsh side again so soon. It wouldn't be nice at all. "I'm okay, so loosen up. Go grab something to eat."
Another glint of her eyes, so sudden it almost makes you back away, greets your suggestion, as she tangles her palms together, snapping the joints of her fingers with unpleasant cracks. Only a slight scowl answers her uneasiness.
"... but that girl is--"
"She has a name."
Mokou keeps silent for a few seconds, but at least she's stopped doing that creepy thing with her hands.
"... Myschi is there."
"Exactly." You cross your arms on your chest, and step back. Mokou's eyes follow, finally unburrowing from under the shield of the unruly hair. Her cheeks are still red - as you notice in the faint light coming from outside. Anyhow, it isn't the best time to be admiring the cute shade of her face, and so you cough theatrically, erasing your own abashment in a blink, no serious damage done to the tone. "That's why you're going to go downstairs, and nicely ask her for something to eat. Break the ice wall you've raised yourself."
"..."
Her mouth remains shut.
"Do you understand?"
Her eyes shift back to the floor, while the hands remain clasped, almost shaking from the stress. However, no matter how loud the voice in your head telling you to grab a hold of them and pat them till they're calm grows, you manage to resist its call, and remain perfectly still where you are. It's all for the best, isn't it? Yes, it is, it is without a doubt.
"... yes." Mokou finally drawls through grit teeth. "... sorry."
A sigh of relief would be only appropriate, and it certainly is what you release from your dry lips - despite the mess finally getting halfway sorted out, the atmosphere just keeps on growing more and more tense. It might have been a good thing Keine's interruption came at this sort of time...
"I'm not the one you should be aplogizing to, Mokou."
"... yes."
"Now, go wash your face, straighten yourself up, and go downstairs. I've got something to talk over with miss Keine, so I'll be going."
"... mhm."
There it is - the end of the conversation. Long awaited, anticipated end - maybe not as peaceful as you'd have liked it to be, but it'll have to suffice.
But, for some reason, it doesn't feel quite enough - and as you turn to leave the room, your body, almost as though on its own, stops in place yet again, and without looking back, mutters something that's been lingering behind the drapes of irritation for long enough to grow too great not to stick out, not to demand being released, no matter how stupid it may make you sound in the end. After saying all those things.
"Mokou... It's not like I hate you. It's not like I don't like you anymore. It's just that... the show must go on. It just has to go on. Learn that truth, and savour it."

The sound of the door closing behind sends courtains down to shroud the scene, and all of a sudden, with a ridiculous speed, all the worries disappear.
Only now do you finally feel the need to take a deep breath, and relish the freedom of heart and mind.
It really was for the best, right...?
"Will my room be okay?" Miss Keine interrupts your delightful wheezing, slight confusion glinting from her eyes. "Are you alright?"
You can't help but smile. A stone off the chest always makes everything seem so light and meaningless...
"In more than one way." You reply, only pushing the teacher deeper into the sea of bewilderment. "Yes, it should be okay."
It doesn't stop her from agreeing eagerly.
"Let's go, then."
>> No. 18269
(...)



There, in the lair of of the young Pedagogue, the two of you - the guest and the host - sit down at a table - a table that didn't seem to be in any other room's standard equipment set, as you notice not without a frown - and yet again exchange these specific, troubled looks two people like you would with strange things in their minds that need to be let out.
At least it draws your attention away from the pile of clothes cluttering one of the beds - clothes too small and colourful to fit the teacher, but just perfect for the one she's taking care of - including a set of cute, patterned underwear, that--
"Akyu is in the conference room with Aya and everyone."
"Ack." Your gaze quickly gets averted from the sweet, strawberry, teddybear and ponies panties, and face a look of polite scowl from Keine. "Uh, yeah, I was wondering that."
"Figures." She mouths, but fortunately for your physical integrity, the topic of Akyu's underwear - Akyu's underwear! The one you were staring so shamelessly at! - is quickly dropped, when Keine assumes a serious expression. Her fingertips betray her uneasiness, playing with a sheet of paper on the tabletop. Aren't those really fine nails she's got there - painted in light, very light - almost transparent - azure tint. She never wore nail varnish to school... And in all honesty, you can't remember her wearing one during the first few days of the trip either. Hmm... "I'm sure you've got other things to do, so I'll cut straight to the chase."
Right, back to the topic. You nod.
"Please do."
"I called the nearest police station." Keine looks at the sheet of paper in her hands - too bad there's nothing on it she could hook the eyes on, and so it quickly lands back on the table. "There's no station in this town, and by 'the nearest one', I mean the one in the nearest city. That's over 30 kilometers from here."
"Yeah, I'd heard Aya complain a whole lot about that before we set off."
"Anyway," She resumes. "They said they couldn't send anyone to investigate the case in this weather - the only road leads through the mountains, and it's--"
"Impassable." You finish in her stead. "When will they be able to get here, then?"
Keine looks at the paper again.
"... two to three days."
"WHAT?!" You scream out, but then mitigate yourself and settle back down. "What?" And repeat, in a much quieter voice.
"It's not their fault, really." As though trying to excuse the policemen, she gives a helpless shrug. "This really is a remote place after all."
"... drat."
"Not to mention there's not much left to see at the scene. Speaking of which," The change in her tone suggests a change in the topic as well, as she "I didn't have the occasion to praise your bravery. I owe you thanks for saving Aya."
Sudden bow calls forth a wave of embarrassment into your head - getting praised so suddenly in the middle of a serious conversation is somewhat disturbing.
"Eh," Yet you try to hide it through an indifferent snort. It didn't sound even remotely as indifferent as you'd wanted it to. In any case, you swiftly resume before she's able to reply. "It wasn't that great... I mean, anyone could have--"
"Also," Keine cuts in, now looking at you, out of the blue like before, with a changed expression - this time around, the menu appears to have suggested glaring with a scowl. Coming from a woman who would usually chat leisure with the young on an equal level, it's even scarier. "It was completely reckless and reprehensible of you to rush in without consulting me beforehand. I'll be sure to think of an appropriate punishment later."
"Wha-- What?" You can't believe your own eyes, but Keine only smiles. The storm of changes begins to drive you unable to comprehend.
"Just kidding." She says, as you blink in confusion. But, that smile... You can see why Kourin values it so much. "I'm not a good teacher, am I."
"No," Scratching your head, completely baffled, you slump your shoulders down a little and utter in response. "We're just bad students."
"That you are."
Keine replies and the both of you share a brief, persistently troubled giggle, that dies down faster than you could say 'she sure has a melodic laugh'.


[ ] End this digression. Back to the original topic. Ask about the details of Aya's story.
[ ] Why not use this moment of relief to your own devices? Wonder what's Keine's view on the mishap with Kourin?
[ ] About the shrine itself - what else does she know? No one else but her did any research on this place's background...
[ ] That's a wrap. Clap, clap, clap. Time to move onto another scene.

==

Sorry for this delay - technical difficulties with the writing itself.
Also, for the recent lack of updates - I've been really busy those last few days.
>> No. 18270
>"Mokou... It's not like I hate you. It's not like I don't like you anymore. It's just that... the show must go on. It just has to go on. Learn that truth, and savour it."
>It really was for the best, right...?

YAF you bastard, i hate you.

[ x] About the shrine itself - what else does she know? No one else but her did any research on this place's background...
>> No. 18271
>"Mokou... It's not like I hate you. It's not like I don't like you anymore. It's just that... the show must go on. It just has to go on. Learn that truth, and savour it."
>The sound of the door closing behind sends courtains down to shroud the scene, and all of a sudden, with a ridiculous speed, all the worries disappear.
>Only now do you finally feel the need to take a deep breath, and relish the freedom of heart and mind.

Thus ends all hope for a Mokou route.

Now if you're lucky, she'll stay out of your way from now on. If you're unlucky she'll beat the shit out of Myschi and actively scorn you for the rest of her days.

>Your gaze quickly gets averted from the sweet, strawberry, teddybear and ponies panties, and face a look of polite scowl from Keine. "Uh, yeah, I was wondering that."
>"Figures." She mouths, but fortunately for your physical integrity, the topic of Akyu's underwear - Akyu's underwear! The one you were staring so shamelessly at!

Maybe it would've been less harsh to just have told her that you were a pedophile.

[x] Why not use this moment of relief to your own devices? Wonder what's Keine's view on the mishap with Kourin?

If I hear any more whimpering from that guy, I swear...
>> No. 18272
[x] End this digression. Back to the original topic. Ask about the details of Aya's story.

>>18270
Seconded. YAF, I fucking hate you.
>> No. 18273
>"Mokou... It's not like I hate you. It's not like I don't like you anymore. It's just that... the show must go on. It just has to go on. Learn that truth, and savour it."
>It really was for the best, right...?

Well I on the other hand found this awesome.

[x] Why not use this moment of relief to your own devices? Wonder what's Keine's view on the mishap with Kourin?

BE A MAN KOURIN. We need a bro.
>> No. 18274
>Well I on the other hand found this awesome.

Gee well, that is odd...

>BE A MAN KOURIN. We need a bro.

Oh, right. You're a faggot.
>> No. 18275
[x] End this digression. Back to the original topic. Ask about the details of Aya's story.
>> No. 18278
[x] End this digression. Back to the original topic. Ask about the details of Aya's story.
>> No. 18279
>>18274

You mean "not a mokoufag".
>> No. 18282
[x] End this digression. Back to the original topic. Ask about the details of Aya's story.

>It really was for the best, right...?

Fuck no it wasn't. This is one of my favorite Mokous so far. Woo, we can get Myschi. Big deal.
>> No. 18283
[x] Jump in the Lake
>> No. 18290
>>18269
[X] Why not use this moment of relief to your own devices? Wonder what's Keine's view on the mishap with Kourin?

This Keine is a little too unflappable for my tastes. Time to wheel out the Awkward Grade heavy artillery.
>> No. 18294
[x] End this digression. Back to the original topic. Ask about the details of Aya's story.
>> No. 18295
>Thus ends all hope for a Mokou route.

I'm not seeing what's stopping the old flame from getting reignited.

I mean, we can throw in some sexual tension, a little drama, and then bam. Hatesex.
>> No. 18300
[ ] Why not use this moment of relief to your own devices? Wonder what's Keine's view on the mishap with Kourin?

No more Mokou?
>> No. 18301
We really shouldn't dig anymore into Kourin's affairs. We'll end up making things worse. It'd be better just to prod him in the back every now and then, but speaking directly to Keine about it is not a good idea.
>> No. 18306
Faboulously typing away, expect me in 10 to ∞ minutes.
>> No. 18307
File 123964998834.jpg - (262.73KB , 450x450 , f4fda17523a40a91a9a303a518587293.jpg ) [iqdb]
18307
[X] End this digression. Back to the original topic. Ask about the details of Aya's story.

However no matter how unfittingly cute it sounds - for a teacher to have a voice so girlishly tempting - there's other matters to be tended to, and this little detour may not be stretched any farther, if you're to squeeze some more additional information out of Keine, who having finished giggling like a high schooler, leans back on the chair, grinning to herself as if the joke you two played out perfectly seconds ago was of the highest class. It wasn't - and she's still a bit troubled, as seen through her spasmic gesturing. Strange, she looked to have no problems talking about Aya's issue before...
That is right - here comes another of our nigh forgotten dilemmas. It may be a bit rude to shatter her attempt of derailing the talk, but seeing how the mood's still tense as George Lucas before the Academy Award ceremonies, it also shouldn't be that deleterious for the dialogue. Let's just say talking with her always ends up straying away from the topic. Her natural attribute in partaking in a conversation - nothing more.
So tapping the table with two fingers, you draw the teacher's attention back to your intense stare. Immediately catching the hint, she too leans forward a little, that specific, not exactly serious conspiratorial expression painting itself over her face in a matter of seconds. As though she was expecting another joke, or another topic to sway along with. It almost feels bad to break her playful hopes.
"But back to the original topic," Witnessing her smile fall right over and flip upside down is hopescrushing, to say the least. Regardless, this needs to be cleared up. "Aya's story. If it's not a problem, could you summarize her report? I'm curious."
Keine briefly flashes you her white teeth, grabbing a hold of her lower lip, but then shifts back on the chair, letting them slip back into that insincere, plotter's smile. Her aqua blue, buttoned shirt becomes all choppy when she crosses arms on her chest - and the sight hits right on the weak spot of your sense, dealing massive damage to the attention control. The boys do their best to extinguish the fires, while Keine begins to speak.
"I'll make it short - she found a key in the church, someone told her it belonged to the priestess that lived there, and was a property given to her by the Hakurei. It opened the secret underground workshop beneath the shrine." She scratches her nose. "Aya then organised a guise in form of a group trip to have an excuse to explore the inside of the shrine. The floor around the floor hatch leading down was weakened by the humidity, and she fell. Then, you followed, making a big, dramatic entrance, but changed your mind, and decided to help her open the second floodgate." She gives you a questioning look, to which you respond with a light nod. Satisfied, Keine resumes. "The inner chamber was flooded, and apparently contained four corpses dressed in Hakureis' traditional garb. Seeing the bodies, you snapped and dragged her back up - only grabbing a little token from one of the deceased, then escaped the shrine before the change of pressure caused by the opening of the floodgate made the pipes burst."
She stops, once again staring anticipatingly right into your focused eyes.
Something doesn't click. Aya lied about one thing - leaving the rest of the story true to the actual course of events.
"I see." However, Keine doesn't need to know that. "That's mostly how it happened."
She frowns slightly at your ambiguous response.
"Mostly?"
"I was in a rush," You rebut, with a face straight as never. Let the world know the training you got wasn't endured for naught. "So it's all sort of blurry."
The teacher continues scanning you with those distrubingly pedagogic eyes, before sighing with what resembles relief, and settling back, resting her arms on the table as she does so.
"Good I didn't spin the police a yarn, then. You had me worried for a moment." Then, as to signalise the intent of standing up, the chair beneath her screeches against the floor. You take the hint, and raise as well, and Keine shortly follows suit. "That's all, I think. If you're not feeling well, please go ahead and get some rest." She shoots you a worried glance. "Otherwise, you might miss the party. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'd like to..."
"Yeah," You nod. "Today's a busy day, isn't it."
Another, this time a rather odd, suspicious flash of her brown eyes.
"... in a way."
The two of you silently leave the room, leaving the worries of the afternoon - as well as Akyu's undergarments - behind.


The corridor greets you first with a pair of elders, dragging their ridiculously oversized suitcases down the narrow stairway, in a rushed, nervous manner. No wonder - hauling the stuff to their car must be a pain in this weather. Keine nods you a goodbye, and heads the other way - upstairs, who knows where.
As you stand there, watching the old couple wrestle their luggage, something keeps on munching on the back of your consciousness - a feeling of anxiety not explainable with any of the today's mishaps.
And boy, weren't there a lot of them.

[ ] See how the two birds are faring below.
[ ] Aya could use some unforeseen interruptions.
[ ] Swing by Kaguya and Mokou's room - just for the heck of it.
[ ] Hit the sack like a professional boxer.

==

I shall neither dement or confirm any of the points regarding Mokou's 'route'.
>> No. 18308
>>18307
right. it will all lead to a bad end anyway and you will stop writing.

[x] Swing by Kaguya and Mokou's room - just for the heck of it.
>> No. 18309
[x] Go back to the shrine
I kinda wanna see if we could meet Youki again or Reimu
>> No. 18311
[x] Aya could use some unforeseen interruptions.

Ayayayaya~
>> No. 18314
>I shall neither dement or confirm any of the points regarding Mokou's 'route'.

Ah ha. There was never one to begin with.

[x] Aya could use some unforeseen consequences.

We have leverage over her now that it seems she fed the others bullshit. Let's rub her face in it, shall we?
>> No. 18317
>unforeseen consequences

I am not amused.
>> No. 18318
[x] Aya could use some unforeseen interruptions.
>> No. 18319
[x] Aya could use some unforeseen interruptions.
>> No. 18320
[x] Aya could use some unforeseen interruptions.

No need to be a dick to her.
>> No. 18321
[x] Aya could use some unforeseen interruptions.
>> No. 18322
[x] Aya could use some unforeseen consequences.

Loves me some Aya.
>> No. 18323
File 123966853985.jpg - (453.01KB , 617x823 , 2278aa9e1ba906edcb70ababcaeaad17.jpg ) [iqdb]
18323
A'ight, I just went through 24kB of pure, .txt article to translate, my mind's in shatters, and the thread's close to autosage anyway, so let me delay it for a bit longer; if you have something to say, say it; something to ask, ask it - and let's start the new one out clean.

Have a handsome Mokou while you're at it. The fact I chose Mokou for the picture has nothing at all to do with the recent development of her relationship with Actornon. Not a slightest bit of relevance here, keep walking.
>> No. 18324
Will there be hatesex?
>> No. 18334
are you satisfied with what you have written so far in these 2 threads
recently you stopped crying for input from the readers.
>> No. 18346
[x] Hit the sack like a professional boxer.
>> No. 18365
>>18324

That, my dear Anonymous, depends entirely on your actions - for I shan't back away from writing anything, if you lead the story in a direction that provides favourable circumstances for such development.

>>18334
Yes, BLAIR's readers provide much better input than the folk of /shrine/, and while there is never quite enough comments one can get and get better according to their advice, I suppose this much will have to suffice.
About the story itself - I don't know. I'm satisfied with the direction, as well as the fact the characters feel as they're supposed to feel, but something doesn't click in the style itself. Reading back, I can't put my finger on it, but the text seems kind of... uneasy. A bit too tense, too... hm, spastic. Don't know if anyone else has noticed that, because the only serious feedback I've received complained about a sudden inflow of monologue when Actornon was taking a shower (which was completely intended, since you wanted to 'gather the thoughts').
But yeah, I'm enjoying Mokoufags' indigation BLAIR wholeheartedly.
>> No. 18366
>>18365
I think it feels that way because one after another, we keep getting into stressful situations, pushing ourselves too hard, and every time we're given an opportunity to rest or relieve some of that tension, anon goes and picks the "good doggy" options.

When I look at Actornon, I see a pushover. The way the story's going, we're eventually going to end up hitting one of these girls out of frustration(my money is on Akyu) and fall asleep during sex - if we ever manage to get to such a point, that is.

Who'd want to fuck that guy? I wouldn't. YAF... ehh, for the benefit of the doubt, I won't call your sexuality into it. This time.
>> No. 18371
>>18365
I think some of the dissonance with the story comes from when you try to reconcile Anon's choices with and the personality and history of Actornon that only you really know(?) I can't really describe by mincing words, so the best I can do is a straight up question: what did you envision when you cooked up Actornon? Is he a character we should try to understand, try to think how he might think? Or should we put ourselves into the situation and make choices as anon? The story so far has been somewhere between those two, and that vagueness really doesn't help anon make good decisions, and it's clearly done something for your writing if you've noticed it. Are our decisions dictating what his past experiences were, or do our decisions reveal his history? Take smoking with Mokou that first night: was it pure chance someone posted that Black Lagoon/Touhou pic, or did you use that idea for the update? Mokou made it sound like we've done that before, so if it's the former situation, we've discovered something about Actornon's history. However, if it's the latter we've instead created a part of Actornon's history.
Like you said, the story is flowing wonderfully, mostly because the Touhous all have very strong personalities and the story/scenario is pretty well executed so far. It's just that we don't have a firm grasp on the protagonist and how to approach him that causes some awkwardness at times.

Or I've completely missed the mark and have been reading the wrong way the entire time.
>> No. 18372
>>18371
>Is he a character we should try to understand, try to think how he might think? Or should we put ourselves into the situation and make choices as anon?
>Are our decisions dictating what his past experiences were, or do our decisions reveal his history?
Other than the affair with Mokou, which I left ambiguous for the mystery of it, all the other details of his past were as in the story he told Akyu - I'd had nothing more, and nothing less in mind when writing him.
In more picturesque terms, he's an Ace of Spades that had a plain, white sheet of paper glued onto both sides - he's a clean card, with only hints of past shining through - hits you already know. I am not hiding anything, nor did I come up with any more details of his past.
THP's writers often smirk and whisper conspiratorily about how they have 'many plans' and 'you would have hit something nasty, had you done XXXX' -- I'll be frank. I've got nothing on Actornon's past. In other words, this time around, it's the votes that form the story, not the pre-planned scenario or some greater plot looming behind all the innocent (innocent?) flirting and chitchattery. If a disaster strikes, you can be sure it was your meddling that set it in motion, not me railroading into the eye of the storm to keep the spice flowing.
It's reverse engineering in this case - aside from the distant past, and the affair with Mokou, it's the present that defined what had happened before, and will continue to, according to your actions. Hope this doesn't ruint the sensation of Actornon being a character with a past for you, but that's how it is.
Everything is either an effect of your actions (rescuing Aya, for instance - it sounded more romantic to have that time be the second one, so I snuck a hint on that in before setting the cogs in motion), or a whim of mine that has no weight on the story at all - an example being the story of his young years. Make use of it, like >>17889 tried to.

>Take smoking with Mokou that first night: was it pure chance someone posted that Black Lagoon/Touhou pic, or did you use that idea for the update?
Frankly, I'd wanted to use such a scene in one of my stories for a long time - I'm a sucker for rough, yet sweet moments like these. Mokou happened to be the first girl to smoke with Actornon. The hint about doing it before was the second case of the aforementioned process - I assumed it was only appropriate to show that both Mokou and Actornon influenced each other a lot during their going out, but it didn't really change the story that much. If at all.
On the other hand, massaging Kaguya's shoulders while she reads had been entirely ripped off one of the comments - and turned out great, in my opinion. See, it's worth it to throw in a word or two and see your own fantasy - not the ones set by me in the given options - being realized. The cooperation between the intents of the writer and the readers is what makes the story interesting for both of the parties. There's more power in your hands than you would think at first.

That said, I've got a couple more things to translate, then I'll get to writing. Keep your mops on.