[Return]
Archived thread

File 123787803432.jpg - (204.53KB , 500x600 , a252748c95191bcf8c6ab7dd75f764a4.jpg ) [iqdb]
16302 No. 16302
I'll leave the previous thread on for a while longer.
Let us hope I won't die of 'vote starvation'.

==


Bluffer Lies, abashed Innoncence Relies
More of nothing, steered towards elegant reefs.




Night looms all around.

Shadows glissade around the street lamps, performing for the absent audience of the huddle usually crowding these streets. Not a single late tramper can be seen around, not a single, lonely soul accompanies your nightly escapade. No one to the right, where an ominously large warehouse skulks, away from the rings of light. Not a living individual to the left, where the road wanes behind a rundown office building. Neither behind - where the port lays, or...
Well, they can't really be hiding where you're currently looking to.
With a swift swing, you make the pistol clank loudly by briefly pulling its slide.

She's going down tonight. Right here, in her hideout - this church in the middle of the village. What an obvious place to hide - who in his sanity would suspect it to be a cartel baroness' lair? No one, and with her twisted, criminal mind, she took advantage of that fiddling fact and claimed it for her own.
This lonely, sinister night, though... Her reign will end.

Ensuring once more that your pistol is locked and loaded, you tug on the old, oversized knob of the front door, and slip inside.


Darkness greets you, with its lurking certainty of a giant hall spread ahead. Only the dim moonlight fights the shades off a bit, coming in through the skylights above. It doesn't help much, but, it's always better than nothing.
Something clicks obnoxiously when you let the door snap shut, echoing all around.
Like a blind child, trying to find its way to the bathroom at night, you take a step forward...

... only to be blinded by four cones of painfully bright torchlight a second after. That's the cue for you to roll sideways, and dive behind one of the many benches present - the only shield between you and the enemy. So much for stealth.
"How unfortunate, Mr. Knot!" a voice exclaims "For you to treacherously creep uninvited into my house with a gun in your hands. Just when I thought we'd become close friends."
A voice too familiar to ever mistake it for anyone else's.
"I thought so too, Phene." you reply, once again checking the gun. Four shafts of light... Then there's at least four henchmen at her side. Thanks to the good acoustic of the hall, though, you can easily pinpoint her position. Just by the altar. Feeling like being high and mighty, isn't she. 'Femme Le Blaze', as they know her in the higher circles. The infamous drug baroness, whose bloody career has been heating the lives of many federals up for several months now. Escaped or bribed her way out of twelve trials, massacred the participants of five another, she's one hell of a racketeer... and one hell of a woman, as proven by the previous night you spent with her, and her blistering body, alone. "Shame you had to blackjack the major, ship almost half a ton of powder out the region, and leave me strapped to my bed in the morning."
She mouths a short, hoarse cackle.
"Perhaps I should have killed you right away, then?" and answers with a question.
You, on the other hand, don't really feel like laughing. Sighing sarcastically - yes, that would be more appropriate.
"That would have surely spared me the trouble of acquiring the key to your front door, honey. It's a pain in the arse to reach one of your people without becoming a bar of Swiss cheese, you know. Yet, it would seem you still don't pay them even remotely much enough."
Another. The wench laughs your taunts off as if they weren't worthy of her attention. To think the same woman screamed your name not even twenty hours ago, while--
"So cocky, Knot." scrap that, her tone changed out of the blue, now bearing a hint of mild agitation, a hint that she's obviously attempting to conceal. "But your tomfoolery aside, what do you think you're going to do? This exit has an automatic lock, and the only other leads through the sacristy."
"Over you, in other words."
"I will soon dull that sharp tongue of yours, Mr. Knot." ah, and now she's completely lost it "You'd be surprised how many methods of inflicting pain there are in this world, bastard. I'll teach you the entire range of agony!"
No use argufying - a woman who straps a man to his bed after a heady night is bound to know at least a few similar tricks. Funnily, she didn't look like the S&M type during the said night. Catch a mate red-handed, you never know what you might find out - frankly, you'd rather her stayed the way she was.

[ ] Try to reason with her. Let this not end in a bloodbath.
[ ] Charge, charge, CHARGE! Outrun the bullets!
[ ] Lean out, take an underling of hers out. "One. Want me to keep on counting?"

>> No. 16306
[ ] Charge, charge, CHARGE! Outrun the bullets!
>> No. 16307
[ ] Charge, charge, CHARGE! Outrun the bullets!

Good to have you.
What's your take on write ins?
>> No. 16308
[x] Charge, charge, CHARGE! Outrun the bullets!

When we're ready, we won't have to dodge.
>> No. 16309
[ ] Charge, charge, CHARGE! Outrun the bullets!
>> No. 16310
>>16307

Always welcome, as long as they don't encourage hour-long speeches in a time of crisis.
>> No. 16324
[x] Lean out, take an underling of hers out. "One. Want me to keep on counting?"
>> No. 16326
File 123790018765.jpg - (200.03KB , 827x1000 , 084150293bad81b506190f81fc62af00.jpg ) [iqdb]
16326
[x] Charge, charge, CHARGE! Outrun the bullets!

However, despite the surefooted certainty in her voice, there is something she doesn't realize. This trap may have been laid by her, but the final victim and the one to laugh last will end up being people drastically different from who she's expecting them to be. Not to mention she didn't catch the obvious hint you had so generously given to her... Ah, how nice it would be if the two of you could go back to how you were just yesterday.
But, it's all in the past.
"Don't care if you make a mess!" she orders, almost screaming, in a voice not suffering defiance "Make him into a sieve!"
"Like I'm going to let you!" - you answer, and throw yourself over the first row of benches.
Five people come into view - Le Blaze herself, standing firmly behind the altar, so sure of victory it paints itself all over her face - and four thugs, tenaciously gripping their submachine guns, all aimed at you. But not a single shot is fired.
Your steps echo ominously when you make a mad dash, an insane charge, towards the woman whom you've been chasing for so long. Yet she doesn't realize... She doesn't know...
Your own gun appears as though from nowhere, in your palm, in a single instant pulled from the holster under your armpit.
"Fire!" finally catching the hint, she enjoins again, but to no avail. Her henchmen remain deaf to what she says. "Kill him! KILL HIM!"
Too late. It is way too late when she reaches for her own firearm. Leaping over the stone edifice, you kick the thing out of her feminine fingers.
Two, loud taps sound when you land behind her.
"I'm sorry, Phene." you say, forcing her to the ground. She tries to look back, confused rage sparkling from her eyes. "But as I said, you don't pay your guys nearly much enough."
"Knot!" she cries.
But you don't pay any heed. Her body quivers once when you put the barrel of your PPK at her nape.
"Your career ends here, my dear."
And then, pull the trigger...



"Cut! Cut, cut, CUUUUUT!"


The very moment the new voice sounds, the hall is flooded by bright, fluorescent light, revealing everything thus far concealed in shadows.
"That was ass! Totally, fundamentally ass! Kaguya! The hell was that, Kaguya?!"
A black-haired girl flails her megaphone around while your eyeballs are still trying their best to get used to the sudden change in brightness. Glancing to the left, you notice the 'thugs' sighing with relief.
Such practical guys. You decide to sigh as well.
"Kaguya!" the director yowls in disappointment yet again "No, seriously! The heck were you thinking?!"
Another, similarly black-haired girl scuffs from behind the lamp, annoyance in its purest form plastered over her face. On the side, the cameraguy, miss Keine and her ward observe the whole thing with slight amusement. Little do they know, how hard it is to cope up with those two's bickering.
"I'm right here, Aya." Kaguya responds, fanning her face with a bundle of papers "Stop yelling."
"Give me that!"
The two girls begin fighting over the print out of the scenario yet again, as if it was a treasury of wordily wisdom, while the thugs begin to slowly remove their equipment. Yeah, high time to get going - it's not like anything's going to get done when the two most responsible personae are busy tearing at each other's throats.
"Would you look at 'em," 'Le Blaze' mutters, getting off the ground. You quickly lend her a hand, which she reluctantly takes. "Chuckin' a spaz as always, that Aya."
You can't help but nod, agreeing.
"She's never happy with anything."
That's right - those two years of experiencing the mood swings of the whimsical Movie Circle president taught you one thing - the most enthusiastic people oftentimes prove to be also the most prone to discontent. How many times has it been she changed the script now? More than you can count. Poor Kaguya, pulling an all-nighter only to get her work get driven over like this...
You pass a glance to miss Keine, only to receive the same, apologetic shrug and smile as always. No help from the teacher either, huh...
"Gah." Mokou pats her own buttocks, visibly irritated "Gimme a shout when the dills are done bitching."
And with that, heads for the exit.
"Hey!" you call after her "Where're you going?"
"Outside. Need some air, lest I'm gonna go kaput on yer arses."
Which pretty much means she's going for a smoke. At times, her insincerity gets on your nerves. At times. It's not like anyone's going to scold her - she's not 15 anymore, for God's sake.
That aside, everyone seems to have caught the meaning of the sudden 'cut, cut' of Aya - and begun gathering their junk while she's busy with the poor writer girl. Nice bait, Kaguya - you've earned yourself yet another lunch. Wonder who's going to pay for it this time.

[ ] Go after Mokou. You could use some air as well.
[ ] May as well see what's the problem and reconcile the two dawdlers.
[ ] Help the cameraguy - he's obviously not going to carry all the stuff back on his own.
>> No. 16329
[]Go after Mokou. You could use some air as well.
[]Bring drinks for two.

Interesting twist.
>> No. 16331
I like this twist. A lot.

[X] May as well see what's the problem and reconcile the two dawdlers.

Might as well take the "hit," and treat both the fine raven-haired beauties to lunch. If we're a relatively successful actor, we ought to have the money for it.
>> No. 16334
[x] Go after Mokou. You could use some air as well.

Huh, didn't see that one coming.
>> No. 16338
[ ] Help the cameraguy - he's obviously not going to carry all the stuff back on his own.

cameraguy route
>> No. 16339
[X] May as well see what's the problem and reconcile the two dawdlers.
>> No. 16342
[ ] Help the cameraguy - he's obviously not going to carry all the stuff back on his own.
>> No. 16347
File 123791751756.gif - (40.99KB , 600x693 , 98f7caa9d2b791e5b47a25cd8597f19e.gif ) [iqdb]
16347
Ack, just when I was about to start writing again. Oh, well - some additional waiting won't hurt, I guess.
>> No. 16354
[ ] Help the cameraguy - he's obviously not going to carry all the stuff back on his own.
>> No. 16359
All of a sudden, an unexpected choice. Called, writing.
>> No. 16365
File 123792463741.jpg - (195.43KB , 896x1200 , c908b5ced5fcfcab5a8938c7474cb8c4.jpg ) [iqdb]
16365
[X] Help the cameraguy - he's obviously not going to carry all the stuff back on his own.

Regardless of the primary threat being busy with dissing the effects of her underlings' hard work, to remain in the open, unshielded from any attacks - be it sudden requests to help with a certain, very troublesome task, or a jab in the side from one of the extras - would be, to say the least, silly. It is better to dirty one's hands, than to risk getting pulled face-first into a pile of muck. If there's one thing Aya abhors - it's lazing about while things hum around.
The safest option would be... The cameraguy seems to be really troubled by the excess of equipment to be packed back up. Target acquired, steer clear of the dill - as Mokou would probably say.
"Yo," you shoot the guy a smirk while approaching him in a light step "Need a hand?"
He glances at you from his long, dyed fringe.
Rinnosuke Morichika, aka 'Kourin', as nicked by his underclassmen back home. A senior at your academy, apparently also a senior member of the Movie Circle - the kind of a guy best described as 'a bruiser of golden heart'. No offense to his mental capabilities - the man is also skilled in both Arts, and - though a little less - in pure sciences. More accurate would be to say, 'a bruiser of golden heart and brain'. Enviable, but neither of you hold any jealousy of each other's accomplishments. In fact, as far as the Circle's activities go, reaching an agreement with him has been the easiest so far. The terrifying power of male brotherhood. Not counting the extras from the Theater Club, you're the only men here after all.
Oh, and last but not least, as the yanks like to say, he seems to have a crush on miss Keine.
"You sure?" he queries, nodding at the arguing duo "Shouldn't the leading man do something about his movie getting ruined by Director's whims?"
You snort, shaking your head.
"Like if it wasn't a flop already." Kourin frowns a bit at that bold statement "How long have we known Aya for? You ought to know how her ventures normally end."
"As debacles." he answers without a second thought.
"Exactly, debacles." you repeat, stealing a glance at the one so mischievously gossiped at behind her back. Nope, hasn't noticed yet, thank God, or whoever holds control over the scrambled mind of hers. "So there's not much sense in interfering."
"If you say so." Kourin replies, resigned, while wrestling with the camera's trivet "I'm treating this rather seriously, for your information."
Ah, that's right. It's his first 'serious' involvement in a movie production - something that can't be said of you, the one with undoubtedly larger starring experience. Of course, you can't really compare acting with the arcanes of rolling and post-production, but the fact stands nonetheless.
No way he'd be envious, right?
"Okay, I'll try to take it a little less easy, then."
Uttering that obvious lie, you turn a knob on the tripod, sparing Kourin another couple of minutes of grappling with the thing.
Well, he may not be as golden-brained as previously reported.

Before long, the clumsy parceling comes to a halt, when Aya, apparently having decided no more debates are needed, calls once again through that accursed megaphone of hers.
"We've come to a consensus, my unfortunate handmaidens!" she says, completely oblivious of everyone's frowns. You and Kourin stop secretly trying to put as much weight on each other's shoulders as possible, and turn to the girl. Her rakish scarf flutters in the air as she shows off her underwear in a joyful pirouette. As expected, no one even as much as averts his - or her - eyes. "Since our Theater Club slaves are leaving tomorrow, we'll do the last couple of scenes in the afternoon, and then re-do the final shot without them!" Without them? Wouldn't that ruin the whole premise of the scene? Oh well, it's her bucket of guano, none of your business, as long as she doesn't change your character into something despicable. "So for now, let's call it a day, and go back to the hotel! You've done well, my puppets!"
A rather disheartened applause sounds when she finished her speech with a bow. You can't tell whether they're clapping at her frivolously flapping skirt or the fact that the nightmare has finally come to an end.
Disregard that, the more important thing to do now, would be to finally get going, and find yourself back in your room ASAP. Not to mention finally getting to eat something other than dry sandwiches, with even dryer cheese, downed with mineral water. The question is - what first? Nevermind, it's a dilemma for the future. Now, how to make Kourin carry one more bag...?


The night is as dark as it was in the movie - an obvious fact, given the crew lacks the necessary experience to edit a daily shot into a nightly one, thus condemning the actors to work at the times of day appropriate for the scenes. And afterwards - walking through a dead - or at least sleeping - town, unmindful of the obvious danger of such actions.
Kourin walks beside you, huffing and puffing under the weight of the precious, and also rather big camera he insisted on bringing. A man of his art, at his best.
Mokou keeps the back watch, holding the distance between her grumpy self and the Theater Club guys, who seem to have no respect for the lights out - and loudly discuss the differences between fatum and predestination. Amazing, how they're able to preserve the conversation on its original topic for more than two minutes. Aya leads the parade, chatting with miss Keine as loudly as her accomplices behind you. Her ward follows the suit of your friend, and remains quiet. Kaguya... Well, Kaguya appears to be lost in thought, clumsily tripping on the tiled sidewalk every three steps. Writers. Who'll understand them?
Why not unzip your oral cavity a little, and talk with someone? The walk's been pretty dull so far.

[ ] Write-in, too many options to list. You may also want to come up with a topic, thus saving us a little bit of time.
>> No. 16369
[X] Get in on Aya and Keine's conversation. Try and draw Aya into talking more with you, and make an opening for Keine to slip away if she so desires. Give Kourin a heads up about your plan - if your plan succeeds, he'll have an opening to start chatting with Keine.

Helping our fellow man. That's how bros work.
>> No. 16371
[x] Get in on Aya and Keine's conversation. Try and draw Aya into talking more with you, and make an opening for Keine to slip away if she so desires. Give Kourin a heads up about your plan - if your plan succeeds, he'll have an opening to start chatting with Keine.
>> No. 16373
[x] Talk to Mokou. How goes her life?

I'm liking this so far. Twist was excellent.
>> No. 16375
[x] Talk to Mokou. How goes her life?
>> No. 16377
[x] Get in on Aya and Keine's conversation. Try and draw Aya into talking more with you, and make an opening for Keine to slip away if she so desires. Give Kourin a heads up about your plan - if your plan succeeds, he'll have an opening to start chatting with Keine.
>> No. 16381
[X] Talk to Mokou. How goes her life?
>> No. 16382
[x] Get in on Aya and Keine's conversation. Try and draw Aya into talking more with you, and make an opening for Keine to slip away if she so desires. Give Kourin a heads up about your plan - if your plan succeeds, he'll have an opening to start chatting with Keine.
>> No. 16384
[x] Get in on Aya and Keine's conversation. Try and draw Aya into talking more with you, and make an opening for Keine to slip away if she so desires. Give Kourin a heads up about your plan - if your plan succeeds, he'll have an opening to start chatting with Keine.
>> No. 16426
Called. Writing in a couple of hours.
I wanted to throw in one more yesterday, but the wretched fatique took the higher ground.
>> No. 16439
[ze] Get in on Aya and Keine's conversation. Try and draw Aya into talking more with you, and make an opening for Keine to slip away if she so desires. Give Kourin a heads up about your plan - if your plan succeeds, he'll have an opening to start chatting with Keine.
>> No. 16442
File 123799528450.jpg - (153.50KB , 850x1145 , sample-34030dfad28df515a9705b1954b92e0c.jpg ) [iqdb]
16442
[x] Get in on Aya and Keine's conversation. Try and draw Aya into talking more with you, and make an opening for Keine to slip away if she so desires. Give Kourin a heads up about your plan - if your plan succeeds, he'll have an opening to start chatting with Keine.

Hm. Indeed, in a time of need for excitement, Aya is the first person to turn to, as long as you're ready for unforeseeable string of actions that might lead to eventual exhaustion and possible permanent damage to the eardrums. Nevertheless, the walk has been so irksome you're ready to cast the reason away - if it helps the others a bit in the process, then that is fine too - miss Keine could use a recess from the endless river of words springing from Aya's mouth.
"Hey, Kourin." you throw, without looking at the addressee.
"Hm?" he mutters in response.
"Yellow alert, shields up." Leaving him probably a bit perplexed, you maneuver around the abstracted scriptwriter, and approach Aya's side, a load of fresh air ready in your lungs, prepared to shoot a loud: "No."
Success - the whimsical director stops her tirade about what-ever-in-the-world, and turns to you, more annoyed than confused. It never gets old - the surefire way to draw her attention. Dare not to agree, not to mention expressing your lack of approval out loud, and you're in for one, enraged lecture.
"Say what?" she asks as you cast miss Keine a conspiratorial glance.
"No," You supply, adjusting your pace to hers. "I do not agree."
"Huh?" Perfect strike, straight on the weak point, causing critical damage. Having forgotten about her hitherto victim, Aya switches all the attention to you, oblivious of the fact you're clearly bluffing your way into this hell of words. Something warm wraps around your free hand, and looking down, you discover Akyu, smiling her usual, cheerful smile, clinging onto your forearm. Dare not to look back, lest the plan's doomed to fail. Oh, well, like if you'd never been to deeper swamps before. "How can you say Sean Connery wasn't a better Bond than Pierce Brosnan?"
Right, here comes the largest issue - the lack of knowledge of what the conversation has been about thus far. Nothing that a bit of acting proficiency couldn't solve, and so you put on your trademark, all-knowing face.
"Frankly, I think Brosnan fit the image of a secret agent more. He was obviously the more handsome one from the two too." Aya scowls, but you continue regardless. "Old Campbell made a good decision casting Pierce as the leading man. Can't say he didn't make you wet, can you?"
A comment aimed to at least make her hold back a little goes in vain - she doesn't even wince.
"Yeah, he was hot." Aya agrees, nodding. "But seriously, better than Connery...? Why are you here, again?"
Eye for an eye - you let the malicious in intent question slip by unnoticed, and instead go for the frank option.
"Because I'm the only member of the circle with a bit of professional experience?"
"Why don't you go back to your career, then, frat boy?"
You smile wryly at the comment. Indeed, why?
"I have my own reasons to stick with you bunch." You answer. "Besides, it's not like I've much to return - starring in one or two obscure movies isn't as great as you'd make it out to be."
She casts you an angry glance. You transfer it over to Akyu, changed into a mischievous wink.
"Don't give me that humble-pure-boy treatment, you! Remember!" Out of the blue, Aya takes a short leap forward, and spins around, turning to face you. Her finger lands millimeters away from your nose. Needless to say, the procession gets suddenly halted in place, to everyone's displeasure. "As long as I'm the director, you follow my commands to the last word! Got it?!"
You give her a falsely meek nod.
"Roger-roger, doxy."
"March on!"
Satisfied or not, she fulfills her own command first, allowing everyone to begin moving again. Shrugging helplessly, you smile at Akyu yet again.
"Shall we?"
"Mhm!"
The girl nods so eagerly it almost makes your chest burst in rainbows and confetti. The world seems a little brighter now.



(...)


Ah, alone at last, in this cramped hotel room serving as your temporal home for the time of the shooting. Nothing fancy - generic, wooden floor, a single bed, an old TV, a narrow, dirty bathroom, plus a single armchair - everything the Circle's funds allowed to afford. Smaller than your own apartment back in the city, it still feels somehow heartwarmingly cozy. For some reason, you were one of the two lucky bastards to get his own room - the second being Kourin, who also got a single - the girls all have to cope up with a partner snoring while they're trying to sleep.
You head to the bathroom, to change from John Knot to your own self as fast as possible.
Mokou's with Kaguya, not far from here. Miss Keine shares her space with Akyu - which was a given, seeing how the little one's the only minor in the group. Aya has that blonde classmate of hers with her.
Doesn't it feel a little lonely? - someone could ask.
Not really. - You'd reply. - I can always go and pay the others a visit, no?

Knock, knock.

But this sword has two edges - and the aforementioned possibility seems to work both ways as well.
Groaning under your nose, you leave the humid asylum, and go for the door.
"Hello!" Who greets you on the other side is no one other than Akyu - sporting the same, joyful smile as during the way back here. "Are you hungry?"
"A little, maybe." You scratch your artificial moustache in thought. "Why?"
"I can bring you something!"
Ah, yes - that's right. You've almost forgotten that this girl has apparently seen one of the movies you starred in back in high school - and considers your performance, to quote exactly 'super awesome!' - not a very descriptive opinion, but it expresses her feelings adequately. Probably the first person to ever say a positive word about that abomination of cinematic industry - does that make her your first - and only - fan?
"Hm... What's the trick?"
"Aha!" She clasps her hands together. "You'll have to tell me the story again!"
The story - the story of you becoming an actor she's already heard several times during the stay here - while observing your efforts not to remove any of the natural facial hair while unsticking the bushy, artificial set, day after day.

[ ] "You know what, I was about to go downstairs, to the cafeteria. Give me a minute and I'll get ready." - you'll tell her the story there, plus, who knows? - Maybe the cute girl from the staff has a night shift today?
[ ] "Alright, then. Careful on the stairs, honey." - here goes the privacy, here comes the cute devil.
[ ] "Mmm... Maybe another time, okay? I'm really tired." - knowing your luck, someone's going to come when you're in the middle of taking off your costume, bragging about your career to a little girl. Like the day before yesterday? Better not to take any risks this time.
>> No. 16443
Took a little longer than expected, for which I apologize.
On this note, if you have any complaints - be it the style or anything else, feel free - and encouraged - to express your worries. I seek improvement, and through mistakes and criticism leads the most efficient way.
>> No. 16444
[ ] "You know what, I was about to go downstairs, to the cafeteria. Give me a minute and I'll get ready." - you'll tell her the story there, plus, who knows? - Maybe the cute girl from the staff has a night shift today?

[]Or...perhaps something a little more private.

>>16443
I can't really comment on your writing; though I find it perfectly fine.
>> No. 16445
[ ] "Mmm... Maybe another time, okay? I'm really tired." - knowing your luck, someone's going to come when you're in the middle of taking off your costume, bragging about your career to a little girl. Like the day before yesterday? Better not to take any risks this time.

everything works fine
>> No. 16446
[x] "Alright, then. Careful on the stairs, honey." - here goes the privacy, here comes the cute devil.
>> No. 16448
[X] "You know what, I was about to go downstairs, to the cafeteria. Give me a minute and I'll get ready." - you'll tell her the story there, plus, who knows? - Maybe the cute girl from the staff has a night shift today?

Fangirl Akyu seems delicious, but I'd feel like we were taking advantage of her if we made a move; she's too much like a really cute younger sister to target.

Honestly, I'm liking Aya the most so far, even if she is a bit... eccentric. That aside, let's go meet some more people before settling on a target, hmm?
>> No. 16455
Hm, to call or not to call~? Guess I'll wait a while longer before continuing.
>> No. 16456
[X] "You know what, I was about to go downstairs, to the cafeteria. Give me a minute and I'll get ready." - you'll tell her the story there, plus, who knows? - Maybe the cute girl from the staff has a night shift today?
>> No. 16457
>>16456

Okay, then. Writing.
>> No. 16463
File 123801632965.jpg - (238.86KB , 709x1175 , c17cf1c00608c8538ea414cc0d07c414.jpg ) [iqdb]
16463
[X] "You know what, I was about to go downstairs, to the cafeteria. Give me a minute and I'll get ready." - you'll tell her the story there, plus, who knows? - Maybe the cute girl from the staff has a night shift today?

Very well, if it's a story she wants, it's a story she gets - no way anyone ever would refuse that face! However, time is pressing and so is the increasing uneasiness of wearing artificial 'tache. Why does John Knot have to possess such impressive facial hair anyway? Wasn't Bond always clean-shaven in the movies? Whoever came up with this ludicrous idea ought to be sentenced to a year of wearing fake hair everywhere.
You'd gladly carry out the judgement, but - fortunately or not - another biz beckons.
"You know," You start, still scratching the darned foreign body under your nose. "I was about to go downstairs, to the cafeteria. Give me a minute, and I'll get ready."
Akyu, in all her childish innocence, nods agreeably, though a hint of disappointment crosses her face for a second - and only for a second. After it passes, the smile is triumphantly returned to its righteous place. Onto her lips, that is.
"Okay," She says. "I'll wait outside."
Clever girl, indisputably deserving a ruffle - and ruffle her adorable mop is what you do. Short, pleased purr sneaks out of her mouth in response. Ah, isn't that nice. No wonder Aya's all over her all the time - or at least whenever she's not preoccupied with racking everyone else's junk up. Hell, you'd hug her, but the accursed 'tache would probably make the experience a traumatic one for her soft cheeks.
"Just a minute." You assure, gently closing the door as she crosses the step.
And now, the time is high to ruin the hairdo miss Keine put a lot of effort, and over fourty minutes of spare time into. This match, as well as the one with the 'tache shall go down in history as the fiercest of all the times. Just like the yesterday's one. And the one from the day before yesterday.
Shame the process of becoming famous has to hurt like you'd never believe.


(...)



Reborn, back in your own skin, hairstyle, a navy blue shirt and a pair of a bit worn out, but comfortable jeans, you emerge from the room, radiating with the scent of an expensive deodorant. There wasn't enough time to take a shower, so for the time being, this artificial screen'll have to suffice. It's not like you're going to bear hug Akyu all the way through the story, as appealing as that sounds. In all honesty, to smell horrible should be a man's privilege after a hard day of work, so sod that. Smelling is fine!
"Ready?" Akyu asks when you close the door.
"Ready and willing." You reply. "Let's foray into that beanery."
"Let's go!"

The two of you then head for the creaky stairwell, livened up by the thoughts of food and stories laying at the place of destination. Just as the steps begin squeak under the pressure of four, vivacious feet, someone else begins to climb them starting from the bottom end. She stops in her tracks, seeing you closing up from ahead, and casts you a displeased look.
"The hell are you goin'?"
What goes without saying, is that the person scowling from beneath is the harsh-tongued beauty, dressed in naught but a white nightgown, complete with a picture of a cute sheep jumping a fence on the chest - the chest that bears no sign of everything being worn underneath. Her name - Mokou. Her motto - rock on. From under her armpit protrudes a simple pillow.
"Grabbin' a grub." You do your best to imitate her accent, and in most part - fail miserably. Thank fortune no one makes any effort to comment on that. "I take it Kaguya's at it again?"
She nods, biting her lower lip, revealing her attractively white teeth. To think the first time she appeared at a meeting of the Circle - shortly after transferring in - all she had were ragged pants and hoodies. Now, look at those smooth, sexy legs. That reminds you - next time you see Kaguya, you ought to thank her yet again for making Mokou into what she is. Smoothening her manners, and what ever else she beat into the thick skull of the coarse girl. On this note, it would be also worthy of noting, that Mokou looks incredibly cute with her hair let loose - it almost prevents you from wondering if she's wearing any underwear at all.
"Yeah," Ah, yes - the conversation is still going on. How silly of you to forget about it in favour of those legs. "Pullin' an all-nighter again."
"Blame Aya." You shrug briefly. "She's the one who insisted on changing the scenario yet again. Eh, and to think I'd finally be able to use my bed at least once."
"What," Mokou smirks wryly. "Got a problem with that? I can always go sleep in the corridor, ya know."
"No, of course not." Right, how can you reply negatively? She's been coming over to sleep every single day, thus condemning you to the rough embrace of the armchair - but honestly, you hardly mind. "Be my guest."
"The door's open?"
"As always."



(...)


The cafeteria, in spite of the late hour, abounds with people. At least, on the scale of the Circle's numbers. It seems not only you decided it would be nice to grab a midnight snack. At some tables, other guests of the hotel - people you don't know, nor want to know. Among them, by a table sit Aya and her friend, discussing something, miss Director gesturing upbeatly, while the blonde companion of hers listens - or at least pretends to listen - carefully. The most surprising is the couple in the far end - you vaguely recognize the back of Kourin's head, and across from him... Well, well. Isn't that nice. Miss Keine seems to be making a good use of someone else taking care of her ward.
The bar, as usual, remains unoccupied, so you and Akyu quickly settle there, on the fancy, one-legged, ultra-tall chairs. The premonition - or rather, the hopes turned out to be right - the girl whom you've expected to see behind the counter is indeed there, greeting you with the same, warm smile of her dark pink lips. The brown apron that would look inexplicably awful on anyone else adorns her body like the most elegant of dresses.
"Hello." She gives a light bow. "How are you? Here for the usual drill?"
"Hello, Myschi. A bit tired." You nod. "Yeah."
"I'll be right back."
With that, she disappears in the kitchen door, a scent of strawberries and roasted meat hanging in the air behind her.
Akyu tugs lightly on your sleeve, interrupting the thoughts of the delicious bum that's graced your eyes for a little while a second ago.
"The story!" She urges, visibly impatient.

[ ] Let it be so - here it goes again. The story of how your life got flipped turned upside down.
[ ] Maybe - for a change - prattle about something else? For instance, that antique shrine not far from here you're visiting tomorrow?
[ ] Okay, but first, exchange a word with someone else - then, you're all hers.
>> No. 16465
[X] Let it be so - here it goes again. The story of how your life got flipped turned upside down.
>> No. 16468
[x] Let it be so - here it goes again. The story of how your life got flipped turned upside down.
>> No. 16469
[X] Let it be so - here it goes again. The story of how your life got flipped turned upside down.
>> No. 16473
[ ] Let it be so - here it goes again. The story of how your life got flipped turned upside down.

hahaha figures
>> No. 16474
[X] Let it be so - here it goes again. The story of how your life got flipped turned upside down.
>> No. 16475
Storytime it is, then. Writing right away.
>> No. 16478
File 123802579320.jpg - (174.11KB , 549x1250 , b68f3f06aeb9492cd64292cddc3df3c2.jpg ) [iqdb]
16478
[X] Let it be so - here it goes again. The story of how your life got flipped turned upside down.

Raring to get started already, in a way that makes it cute instead of obtrusively vexating - some people would envy her ability to induce such feelings in her conversants' hearts. Ah, if only it could last forever, and not fade with time, like it is with most adorable female children.
"Okay, then, peanut." You flash her a smile. "It's not really that great of a story, and for the most part, it's pretty boring--"
"Geez!" Akyu cuts in, with a heartwarming scowl on her face. That's right - heartwarming. She must be one of the few being capable of making a scowl heartwarming. Oh, how much would the industry gain if she joined the stagy caste... "Just get to the point already!"
Hold up - did you just think of infecting her with the actor retrovirus? Oh, how sick - the road of an actor is spiked with troubles, why would you put such a cute girl on the starting lane of the hellish road?
No doubt - she's going to make a splendid actress, regardless of what she grows up to be.
"My, how pushy!" Your lips cannot cease grinning like an idiot. "But, you're right. Tomorrow isn't going to be any forgiving. We ought to get as much sleep as possible. Probably."
"So?" She urges.
"Ahem!" You clear your throat in a theatrical manner. Over the course of retelling the story several times, you've developed an ability to actually make it sound more interesting than it in reality is, by adding a pompous remark here and there, in a bombastic voice - procedures so often utilized in your business. Pity you didn't convey a CD player with a neat OST disc inside - that would have made the tale much more enjoyable. "Well, then." You start, as always. Akyu leans on the counter, supporting her chin on her hands. "My legend begun in the twentieth century, in the small town of Smallesville, a dyad miles south of Northpolis. When I say small, I don't really mean it - our town could possibly be called a fully fledged city, if it wasn't for the low population. We had all the things the big agglomerations should - skyscrapers, malls, air moisturizers, what have you. The unique thing about the place though, was the fact that over eighty percent of everything there belonged to a single man. The man's name was..." You make a dramatic pause. "The Man. The Man was a very rich bas-- I mean fellow. Everything he had ever wished for - he already had. Women, cars, a herd of persian cats, tonnes of jewellry, everything. He probably used toilet paper made of ten dollar notes. Anyhow, The Man had a son. For the sake of convenience, let's name the son... The Son. You see," Having taken a deep breath, you resume. "The Son was a very defiant boy - possibly an effect of a total lack of control over his action by his parents. To make the long story short, The Son soon discovered the wonders of satellite TV. He would often spend several hours watching Brazilian soap operas, developing a secret crush for all the female characters, secret grudges on all the male characters - all that freaky stuff. So, one day, The Son came to The Man - interrupting a very important meeting - and said: 'I want to star in a movie, dad!'. The Man, being the lenient father he was, pulled a few strings, and effortlessly arranged a meeting with a movie director, who conveniently lived in the same town as The Man and The Son. The Son then went to see the director - let's call him Mr Director - to talk about the movie. Well, in all honesty, Mr Director was in reality a very greedy man. A few handfuls of notes successfully convinced him allowing an inexperienced, 13 years old boy star in his movie was the best thing he could ever hope to achieve in his pitiful life."
"But," Akyu cuts in with a question. "That wasn't the movie I watched, right?"
"No." You shake your head. "That movie was a complete failure. I seriously doubt it even went through the post production stage of development, let alone any mention of any commercial success. Anyway, my young padawan, the story continues as follows: three years later, The Man got into a fight with his wife, and the two divorced. The Son, in spite of his selfishness, felt sort of responsible for the whole thing, and tried to comfort his busy father - in vain. Depressed, crushed under the weight of the work, The Man sent his son to a boarding school, in the big Northpolis. Ah, what a knock these times were." You sigh. "It was there, where The Son came to know the meaning of life, and what it carries for overconfident brats. But, tell you what - he persisted. Decided to fix himself. The only thing his father still provided was a monthly dose of money for basic expenses, and threats of gutting The Son alive if he fails to graduate. Well, it was only a fortunate coincidence that one fine day, The Son stumbled upon a movie exhibit, where a certain, relatively famous director was interviewing young people, trying to find a suitable lad to star in his new masterpiece. The Son thought: 'hey, why not'? - and miraculously, passed with flying colours."
You take a break to catch a breath, and quickly scan Akyu's expectant face. It's silly, but she doesn't look any bored. In fact, her eyes are sparkling with the same, heartening gleam she shows every time you tell the story of your questionably successful career.
"And then you starred in--"
"Generic High School Comedy, and Generic High School Comedy: Resurrection." You butt in. "Yes, those two. Well, the production was entertaining to partake in, but at the same, the director made it a living nightmare. Let's just say The Son learned a whole lot about the craft of cinematography. Soon after the premiere of the second movie, The Son's high school education came to an end - he graduated, and thanks to the money his father provided, he had no problems maintaining a decent level of living conditions. The Son then moved out of the dorms, and rented an apartment in the city. The question remained: what next? The Man praised his son, although very briefly, and awfully officially, but gave no hints whatsoever regarding the further path The Son ought to take. There were two options: return to Smallesville, or... Resume the education, on a higher level. The Son chose the latter option, and enrolled in an Arts academy, not far from his place. It was hard, but regarding. It was boring at times, but also enjoyable. But, all changed when one day, The Son was walking down a corridor, late for class, when a girl rammed her feet into his back, screaming something along the lines of 'join my club, ya breast-biting, witless scamp!'. That's how I was forced to join the Movie Circle."
"Hm..."
As usual, after that sentence, Akyu falls silent, sinking into the sea of her own thoughts. You may only wonder what's going on inside that cute head of hers, when all of a sudden, a plate full of nourishments lands on the tabletop, just between your resting forearms.
>> No. 16479
Lifting your gaze, you're met with Myschi's beaming smile.
"Roasted turkey. My speciality. Dig in." You're more than happy to obey that command, and spinning the fork once in your fingers, you jab the meat, and tear away a fragment, then without delay jam it in your mouth. Heaven for the tongue. Myschi, despite the careless look, is a wonderful cook. "How is it?" She asks.
"Mabhewouf." You - try to - respond. "If'h gweap, Myfphi!"
Honestly, your ears are close to bursting with tears.
"That's nice, that's nice." She may not sound too pleased, but you can tell she's happy to hear her creations being praised so enthusiastically. "Say, mind if I ask a... personal question?"
"Yef?"
"Don't speak with full mouth." You swallow hard when she puts a finger on your nose. "That's right. No shameful manners in my restaurant. Anyway," She resumes, under your anticipant stare. "How're things?"
"Things?" You repeat. "What things?"
Myschi winces a little.
"Oh, don't play dumb." She says. "Between you and her, I mean."
Still not making much sense, there.
"Who?"
Now she's lost it - leaning over the counter, Myschi plants a smack on your head.
"Spare me that, geez." She puts her hands on her hips, and steps back. "I found female lingerie in your room when I was cleaning up, so I'm curious."
Uh-oh, good thing you swallowed that piece of meat earlier, otherwise it'd be all over Myschi's face right now. Damn, has Mokou been leaving her clothes in your room? Blame the natural untidiness, but for the love of God, you didn't notice any panties or bras laying around... Aw, this is bad. This is critically bad.
"Er..." You try to come up with a decent excuse, but nothing comes to mind.
Myschi remains unfazed by your abashment.
"Well?"

[ ] "I-It's none of your business! She's only coming to sleep over, nothing special!"
[ ] "My God." Palm your face. "She did that again. Sorry, Myschi, but I think I'll go and eat in my room. Someone's in for a serious scolding tonight!"
[ ] Be substantial. Be efficient. Be ready to kill off every uncomfortable fact she might try to bring up.
[ ] "By Crom! Is this oregano?! Myschi, you might be a culinary genius!"

==

A had a bit of a problem coming up with the choices - feel free to substitute them with your own.
>> No. 16480
[x] "By Crom! Is this oregano?! Myschi, you might be a culinary genius!"
>> No. 16481
[X] Be substantial. Be efficient. Be ready to kill off every uncomfortable fact she might try to bring up.
>> No. 16485
[X] Be substantial. Be efficient. Be ready to kill off every uncomfortable fact she might try to bring up.
>> No. 16486
[X] "Some of the crew have been keeping Mokou from sleeping properly. My room is a single, so she's been asking me to let her sleep there from time to time; I know how some of the girls can be a hassle, so I didn't have any problems with it. Sorry if it's disappointing, but my personal life is a little bland in the romance department."
[X] "If you want to help me spice that dullness up, though..."
[X] If Myschi pressures you about letting women use your room: "I'd do the same for anyone else I know if they needed me to."

Flirting with Myschi, but also getting the point across.
>> No. 16487
[X] Be substantial. Be efficient. Be ready to kill off every uncomfortable fact she might try to bring up.
>> No. 16488
[X] "Some of the crew have been keeping Mokou from sleeping properly. My room is a single, so she's been asking me to let her sleep there from time to time; I know how some of the girls can be a hassle, so I didn't have any problems with it. Sorry if it's disappointing, but my personal life is a little bland in the romance department."
[X] "If you want to help me spice that dullness up, though..."
[X] If Myschi pressures you about letting women use your room: "I'd do the same for anyone else I know if they needed me to."
>> No. 16489
[x] "Some of the crew have been keeping Mokou from sleeping properly. My room is a single, so she's been asking me to let her sleep there from time to time; I know how some of the girls can be a hassle, so I didn't have any problems with it. Sorry if it's disappointing, but my personal life is a little bland in the romance department."
[x] "If you want to help me spice that dullness up, though..."
[x] If Myschi pressures you about letting women use your room: "I'd do the same for anyone else I know if they needed me to."
>> No. 16490
[x] "Some of the crew have been keeping Mokou from sleeping properly. My room is a single, so she's been asking me to let her sleep there from time to time; I know how some of the girls can be a hassle, so I didn't have any problems with it. Sorry if it's disappointing, but my personal life is a little bland in the romance department."
[x] "If you want to help me spice that dullness up, though..."
[x] If Myschi pressures you about letting women use your room: "I'd do the same for anyone else I know if they needed me to."

Oh, sweet and lovable Myschi.
>> No. 16491
[x] "Some of the crew have been keeping Mokou from sleeping properly. My room is a single, so she's been asking me to let her sleep there from time to time; I know how some of the girls can be a hassle, so I didn't have any problems with it. Sorry if it's disappointing, but my personal life is a little bland in the romance department."
[x] "If you want to help me spice that dullness up, though..."
[x] If Myschi pressures you about letting women use your room: "I'd do the same for anyone else I know if they needed me to."
>> No. 16567
[x] "By Crom! Is this oregano?! Myschi, you might be a culinary genius!"
>> No. 16568
{X} "Some of the crew have been keeping Mokou from sleeping properly. My room is a single, so she's been asking me to let her sleep there from time to time; I know how some of the girls can be a hassle, so I didn't have any problems with it. Sorry if it's disappointing, but my personal life is a little bland in the romance department."
{X} "If you want to help me spice that dullness up, though..."
{X} If Myschi pressures you about letting women use your room: "I'd do the same for anyone else I know if they needed me to."
>> No. 16570
>>16442
[x] "Some of the crew have been keeping Mokou from sleeping properly. My room is a single, so she's been asking me to let her sleep there from time to time; I know how some of the girls can be a hassle, so I didn't have any problems with it. Sorry if it's disappointing, but my personal life is a little bland in the romance department."
[x] If Myschi pressures you about letting women use your room: "I'd do the same for anyone else I know if they needed me to."


>[x] "By Crom! Is this oregano?! Myschi, you might be a culinary genius!"
This is making me giggle.
>> No. 16580
>>16570

Glad to hear that.

The delay has been an annoying one, and a tiring one, but I have finally found a window in the schedule to do some writing. Let it commence!
>> No. 16582
File 123809174735.jpg - (227.61KB , 700x700 , 42706477db0803c028d80b8bf6cac0b3.jpg ) [iqdb]
16582
[X] "Some of the crew have been keeping Mokou from sleeping properly. My room is a single, so she's been asking me to let her sleep there from time to time; I know how some of the girls can be a hassle, so I didn't have any problems with it. Sorry if it's disappointing, but my personal life is a little bland in the romance department."
[X] "If you want to help me spice that dullness up, though..."
[X] If Myschi pressures you about letting women use your room: "I'd do the same for anyone else I know if they needed me to."

There is one thing about dealing with girls that you mustn't forget even under the most overwhelming circumstances. At any cost, at any expense, be it damaging for the body or the soul, be it piteous, but if there's one thing you ought to avoid - it's lying. God only knows what he was thinking when he resolved to putting those little, irritating devices in all the girls' heads, that go off in an alarming cacophony whenever a fib is said regarding another of their sex in their presence - and only then.
"Lies have no legs indeed, huh...?" You sigh out, to yourself. Myschi perseveres in her anticipatory observation. "Nevermind. Well, I know how it looks from the outside, but you see, some of the crew have been keeping Mokou from sleeping properly. My room is a single, so she's been asking me to let her sleep there from time to time."
Your honesty is met with no reaction other than a slight squint of the intoxicatingly purple eyes.
A silent "Hmm..." is all that escapes her tightly sealed lips.
"Plus," You decide to strike once more while the iron is still hot. "I know how some of the girls can be a hassle, so I didn't have any problems with it."
Home run! - Myschi finally allows her face to relax, and groaning, puts her hands on her hips. Candour has never felt so good before - and spiced by the somewhat sarcastic message of her glare, it really becomes a thing to behold.
"Man." She slumps further down, her tone lined with dissatisfaction. Was she possibly attempting to browbeat you into mental submission? "And here I thought I was onto something. What a letdown."
"Yeah," You give her a dismissing shrug. "Sorry if it's disappointing, but my personal life is a little bland in the romance department."
"Who would have thought."
Ack, stingy. But there's nothing that couldn't be fixed by a bit of playful banter, and so you lean forward over the counter, and look the genius cook straight in the eye.
"If you want to help me spice that dullness up, though..."
It passes within second - the change on her face. At first confused, then surprised, only to burn a crawfish the next second, and become flooded by a strangely satisfactory, red hue. Before you're able to comment on that, however, a pair of incredibly warm and delicate hands begin tugging on your cheeks.
"Ah, how sweet of you!" She blurts through her embarrassment. "To flirt with me while there's another girl waiting for you upstairs! Oh, you little fetishist, you don't mind her leaving her clothes laying around at all, do you!"
"Ow, ow, ow!" Is all you can get out. "My--Myschi-- I DO mind, but-- I-- hardly-- notice-- Sto-- Stop-- Plea--!"
"What, is she not enough?" She's not listening at all. Ouch, doesn't that hurt like heck. Tug, tug, tug - pull, pull, pull - either she's trying to make you into one of those vampires from Blade, or... "You little philanderer, don't get so cocky!"
"Ow, I get it!" You manage to spout out. "I get it! Let me go!" Reluctantly, but she does - thank God, your skin was on the brink of ripping apart. If this isn't going to leave a mark, you might as well star as Iron Man in the next movie. "Seriously, I thought I was going to die, there."
Myschi only casts you an annoyed glance.
"Would serve you right." She turns her back at you. "The food's getting cold."
"Right." You nod, feeling your cheeks. "Just so you know, I'd do the same for anyone else I know if they needed me to."
"Yeah, yeah. Just guzzle already, will you."
"Roger, Commissar."
There's no remorse in your hand reaching for the fork you had instinctively cast away before she caught a hold of your face. Why? The reason is simple. It was only brief, but you're fairly sure you saw her smile as she turned around.


(...)


Soon after, the plate, now empty, is carried back into the bowels of Myschi's kingdom, as Akyu breathes rhythmically, laying on the counter, fast asleep - it would seem that the chitchattery you held with Myschi during the meal was not enough to keep her awake. In all honesty, it's only natural - the time is past 3AM already, if not later. All the guests beside the Circle's members have already left for their slumber.
Someone gently taps on your shoulder, and turning to meet the perpetrator, you're met with miss Keine's face, a slender finger put across her lips. Tipping the wink, she swiftly kidnaps Akyu from her chair. Kourin, as well as Aya and her friend, stay still behind until the teacher's gone from the sight.
"You're not going to sleep?" Kourin asks.
But instead of responding, you turn to Myschi, who straightens up uneasily, gifted with the sudden, unexpected attention.
"Ah, right." She replies. "If no one comes in the next 15 minutes, I'm going to lock the kitchen and hit the sack."
"Damn you, keeping our lead man up!" Aya cuts in her usual, cheerful tone. Isn't she tired at all? "We're departing for a trip at 10 tomorrow, you better get some sleep, slave!"
Scratching your head, you let out a sigh.

[ ] "I'll wait."
[ ] "You're right, probably. Though... Kourin? Feeling like being chatted to sleep?"
[ ] "My word." Yawn. "You're a tyrant, Aya. Someone's bound to begin plotting your downfall sooner or later, if you keep it up. Goodnight, Myschi."
>> No. 16583
[X] "Not just yet, Aya; not unless you plan to drag me to bed and hold me down there yourself."

We're a movie star. We're allowed to be a flirt.

It's all in good fun, anyway.
>> No. 16585
[x] "My word." Yawn. "You're a tyrant, Aya. Someone's bound to begin plotting your downfall sooner or later, if you keep it up. Goodnight, Myschi."
>> No. 16586
[X] "Not just yet, Aya; not unless you plan to drag me to bed and hold me down there yourself."

Oh ho.
>> No. 16588
[x] "My word." Yawn. "You're a tyrant, Aya. Someone's bound to begin plotting your downfall sooner or later, if you keep it up. Goodnight, Myschi."
>> No. 16589
[X] "Not just yet, Aya; not unless you plan to drag me to bed and hold me down there yourself."
>> No. 16590
[x] "Not just yet, Aya; not unless you plan to drag me to bed and hold me down there yourself."
>> No. 16591
[x] "My word." Yawn. "You're a tyrant, Aya. Someone's bound to begin plotting your downfall sooner or later, if you keep it up. Goodnight, Myschi."
>> No. 16593
[x] "Not just yet, Aya; not unless you plan to drag me to bed and hold me down there yourself."
>> No. 16725
[ze] "My word." Yawn. "You're a tyrant, Aya. Someone's bound to begin plotting your downfall sooner or later, if you keep it up. Goodnight, Myschi."
>> No. 16732
{X} "My word." Yawn. "You're a tyrant, Aya. Someone's bound to begin plotting your downfall sooner or later, if you keep it up. Goodnight, Myschi."
>> No. 16737
First off, a short apology for my yesterday's negligence - a load of work befell my head all of a sudden, and after the initial update, sleep had me before a winning option could surface.

A tie has struck, so for the sake of convenience, I'll go with the write-in, since it reached the count of five first. Typing my fingertips dead in a second.
>> No. 16738
File 123816825237.png - (141.42KB , 291x882 , 88c406b65a9d34d9d65a8798713dea8a.png ) [iqdb]
16738
[X] "Not just yet, Aya; not unless you plan to drag me to bed and hold me down there yourself."

Murmur, murmur. Slave, was it? Wherever the idea of everyone being her underlings came from, this girl sure has an optimistic view on the world around her. However, as long as your wrists aren't being held in a vice, why obey her? You may not be the great Spartacus, but in the terms of insubordination, he couldn't stand a chance against this humble actor's ego. Mano a mano, he'd suffer a shameful defeat in no time.
Neglecting the rather dangerous nature of such thoughts, a smile creeps onto your lips.
"Not just yet, Aya." They mutter, defiantly.
That alone lights the fuse - miss Director steps aback, an expression of theatrical terror painted across her otherwise entertained face.
"Good gracious!" Her tone matches all the rest. "What could this be?! Do I smell betrayal? How can you balk the commands of your Master so impudently?"
So melodramatic, Aya - with this attitude, you should have taken up the challenge of becoming a professional actress, not a director. Though, this case is a one where the scythe encounters a stone, and so you adjust your throat to generate a voice at least as pompous as hers.
"The time is high to end your reign, Aya. Be afraid - for this is only the beginning!"
"Treason!" She spouts, barely holding back the laughter.
Amusing as it is, there's no denying you're only wasting time this way. Having realized so, you relax your shoulders, and snort. Perhaps this is why she's suited to be a director - the leisure at which she brings out the others' talents out is astounding.
"Either way," You resume the pre-act thought, returning to your normal tone. "I'd rather stay up for a bit more. Or at least, unless you plan to drag me to bed and hold me down there yourself."
But your victory is not to be savoured - because before you can as much as think 'I sure told here there', your face is met with the sudden assault of two incredibly soft objects - pressed hard to them through the help of a strong arm.
"Oh, I should have seen that coming!" Aya giggles while rubbing the top of your head with the other hand. "That's so like you! Silly flirt, you're a thousand years too early to hit on me!"
She may jest, but there's no denying the fact your face is being served a nice feel of her chest - whether it's a fortunate turn of events or not, you'd rather not make your mind up. Not when her knuckle is drilling in your skull.
"Ow, ow, ow--" You groan. "Oh for Lucas' sake--"
"Womanizer!" Rub, rub, rub. "Casanova!"
"I'd-- rather-- be-- Austin--" You try to pant out, but she's successfully hindering with your speech. A thought of biting one of the buttons on her top crosses your mind, but is simply thrown out by the voice of reason. "Ack, ack, ack-- Stop--"
Out of the blue - freedom. Intoxicating, surprising - and most of all, though not exactly the most fortunate, breast-less - freedom. A hand of yours begins to massage the aching head. Aya stands before you, satisfaction almost leaking from her sparkling eyes.
"Next time, heads will roll!" She says. "But seriously, go get some sleep. I'm not going to go easy on your just 'cause you felt like flirting with Myschi!"
"I'll--" You try to justify staying up this late, but Aya deliberately ignores your line.
"Depart!"
The whimsical director makes her leave, and the two collaborationists follow her lead, only shooting you compassionate glances as they disappear behind the door.
You take that as a hint to lean back on the counter and sigh with relief.
"That Aya..."
"Is she always like that?" Myschi throws a rather silly question.
"Most of the time." You reply. "The only time I saw her being down was after we had watched 300. Kaguya said she was actually crying, but I'm not the kind of man to accompany girls to their restroom, so it's not a sure information. Why?"
Myschi turns away when you glance at her, bending your neck back.
"Just curious."
"Mhm."


(...)


By a gracious streak of luck, no one came to bother the waitress girl and her night shift in those somewhat silent 15 minutes, and so, having locked the fancy folding door, the two of you begun the venture back to the hotel wing. Of course, Myschi, as all the respected night-shift workers, has been given a room to spend nights - and probably a bit of the days too - in. On the ground floor, directly beneath yours, which - to remind - is two sets of stairs up away. If this was a romantic comedy, you could get a hold of a piece of rope, descend from your balcony, and sneak into her room through the window...
But since it isn't, to stand idly as she's searching for the right key has to suffice.
"Oh." She utters, finally finding the fitting one. The door slowly sets ajar, but the darkness inside doesn't allow you to catch any interesting sights. Shame. "So I guess we should call it a day."
"Or a night." You correct. "I better go too. Goodnight, Myschi."
"Wait." But before you're able to walk away, she stops you with the classic hand-on-the-shoulder maneuver, and having forcibly turned you around, standing on her tiptoes, she plants a kiss on your cheek. "Goodnight."
Lost in daze, you can't mutter a single word while she quickly retreats inside.
Without thinking, your palm feels the spot her soft lips touched. A trace of lipstick stays on your skin. For only a few days of acquaintance, this is... Pretty nice, isn't it. As much as it hurts, though, you wipe the evidence off your face. There's no saying what Mokou would say if she saw such a thing...
That's right - Mokou. Or to be more precise - your room - the place you ought to return to as fast as possible...


(...)

... and the way just happens to lead beside a door that viciously catches your attention with a plethora of sounds coming from the other side. No wonder Mokou withdrew - no one could possibly fall asleep in such noise. Your dulled senses deduce someone is probably watching a movie inside. Analogically, that would mean your scriptwriter is still up and about.

[ ] Sleep can wait - so can Mokou. It's your holy duty to check on Kaguya.
[ ] There must be a reason behind it, and artists are not to be disturbed. Resume the journey.
>> No. 16740
[ ] Sleep can wait - so can Mokou. It's your holy duty to check on Kaguya.

A polite knock would be fine; just to check on a friend's well being.
>> No. 16741
[X] Sleep can wait - so can Mokou. It's your holy duty to check on Kaguya.

Poor screenwriter.
>> No. 16742
[ ] Sleep can wait - so can Mokou. It's your holy duty to check on Kaguya.
>> No. 16745
[x] Sleep can wait - so can Mokou. It's your holy duty to check on Kaguya.
>> No. 16747
Insta-gib. Is it compassion or the desire to interact with the princess that leads you?
Writing to the feet of the NEET... I mean, to the beat of the heat... Something. Writing, anyway.
>> No. 16748
[X] Sleep can wait - so can Mokou. It's your holy duty to check on Kaguya.

Kaguya~
>> No. 16750
File 123818635073.jpg - (120.06KB , 614x922 , cd248d9f8c2f5c65f6a7a0bf634bc56c.jpg ) [iqdb]
16750
[X] Sleep can wait - so can Mokou. It's your holy duty to check on Kaguya.

Though it lasted a solid couple of seconds, the tug-of-war led between the self-preservation sense and curiosity is finally terminated with the former's defeat - the forces of Curiosia aided by unexpected reinforcements from the neighboring Kaguyaworria storm the fortified positions of their opponents, and quickly burn everything to the ground.
What's going on around her head, to stay up so late, while everyone - everyone but a certain, young actor - is getting their fair share of rest in anticipation of the impending hard day? Of course, she is the one responsible for the script that Aya demanded to be changed, but... No, even so, it's just unhealthy.
Without any further ado, you knock on the door.
"--Er... uh..." Comes from the other side. "Urk, where--" The volume of the - as you guessed, apparently, right - movie is turned down a couple of decibels. "Mokou?"
"No." You answer, holding back a yawn. "It's me. May I?"
"Oh. Ah, yes, yes, of course. Come in." No use refusing the invitation, is there? Well, the remnants of Selfpreservia seem to be screaming at you from afar, but their squeaky voices are successfully drowned out by the joyful cheers of the victorious forces. "Still up?"
You really were right, it turns out - the small TV opposite of Kaguya's bed - where she's currently sitting, dressed in only a set of cute, pink pajamas - is on, and what's on the screen you immediately recognize as one of your favourite movies of all time - Dr.NO - the movie that inspired the crew to do a secret agent movie. It could also be called ripping off ideas, but so far no one dared to point this out to either Aya or Kaguya.
But speaking of the latter, her eyes, circled with shadows, seem to be demanding an explanation for this intrusion. Or rather, this unexpected visit. A quick glance at the floor reveals five or so empty cups, which fits the impulses from your nose, saying the room is currently infested by the smell of cheap coffee.
"Right back at you." You reply. "When was the last time you got more than three hours of sleep?"
Kaguya lets out a troubled giggle, while Dr.NO calmly asks Bond to put the knife back on the table. That scene used to make you laugh, come to think of it - too bad you aren't particularly in the mood for such things at the moment. Too bad the ugly face of Sean Connery had to ruin the otherwise hilarious situation.
"I'm a nightly creature." Kaguya answers. "It's nothing, I'll sleep during the day."
"Nightly? I bet - with this amount of coffee..." You shake your head, and give the silly girl a scowl. "Art over health isn't the best of approaches, you know."
As if suddenly giving up, she throws her body forward, burying her face in the sheets.
"I know." Her muffled voice states. "But Aya wants this ready for tomorrow."
"Aya isn't your mother." You rebut, then motion to the telly. "Why are you watching Dr.NO anyway?"
The selfless writer raises from her soft grave, and having given her eyes a rub, grants you an enthusiastic - enthusiastic for the current state of her face, at least - look.
"Inspiration. Though frankly, I'm trying to find a hook. Say," She suddenly changes the topic. "Have you read The Stainless Rat?"
"Only the first book."
"It's cool, you should read the rest. But yeah," Kaguya scratches her head clumsily. "Aya wanted something like that. You know, when Jim instead of killing Angelina decides to fix her? We - me and her, I mean - thought we could pull something like that off with John and Le Blaze. It would make things easier for the last scene too - since the extras are leaving tomorro-- er, today in the afternoon. Anyway, I was thinking of that scene, and I came up with this dialogue--"
"Hold it." You butt in, placing a finger on your lips. "Wait, now. Hold it."
She frowns, a bit confused.
"What?"
"I understand you're excited, but this isn't the best time to be flipping your creative switch." You scold. "Look, I heard we're going on a trip in the morning, so it would be best if--"
"I'm not going."
"What?" Why, all of a sudden...?
Kaguya shrugs.
"Not feeling like it. I'd rather stay and wri--" She stops in the middle of a word when you squint your eyes threateningly. "Sleep." And corrects herself " I'd only be a bother anyway."
Jesus almighty, that girl is completely irreformable, isn't she? Sure, you know whose fault that is, but still, if she hasn't noticed Aya is simply exploiting her love for writing to achieve her own goals... No - she's completely oblivious. Otherwise she wouldn't have agreed to change the scenario yet again.
You sigh. At this rate, the dawn is going to break before you get to return.
To action, then - no use lingering over any more.
"Look, I know what you're thinking, but--"
"I'll be fine." Out of the blue, Kaguya flashes you a reassuring smile. Because of it, you find yourself zipping your mouth shut in an instant. "It's not like I'm being forced to do this. You, on the other hand, should probably go back to your room and try to sleep. Mokou must be growing impatient too."
"Kaguya, you know we're not--"
"Yeah, I know." She nods. "Not together anymore. Heard that enough times to get bored of it. Sorry, I'm just jabbing your side a little. Anyhow, you really should be going."
You grit your teeth. At both her persistence, and the attack on your past. She may be a splendid writer, but if it's about winning the favours of people, she exhibits no tact at all. You know better than to get angry at something like that, though, and instead tilt your head to the side, still scowling at Kaguya's falsely encouraging eyes. Indeed, a good writer, but a failure of an actress.

[ ] "Damn right I should." Close the door and sit at her side. "Where's the draft? At least let me help you a bit."
[ ] "You're digging your own tomb. Thanks for worrying about me, goodnight, we'll see each other tomorrow."
[ ] "Kaguya, seriously. Cut yourself some slack. I'll handle Aya if she tries to bite your ears off. Take it easy."
[ ] "I'll go, but only after I make sure you go to sleep as well."
>> No. 16751
>>16750
[X] "Damn right I should." Close the door and sit at her side. "Where's the draft? At least let me help you a bit."

Sleep is for the weak. Besides, I can see this ending up with giving Kaguya a shoulder massage while hashing out the dialogue.
>> No. 16753
File 123818919821.jpg - (638.18KB , 858x1200 , Picture completely unrelated~.jpg ) [iqdb]
16753
>>16751

Oooh, shiny~
Congratulations, you made me want to call an-insta gib on this one, only to get it done. But, but~ that would be unfair, no~? Hint, hint~
>> No. 16754
[X] "Damn right I should." Close the door and sit at her side. "Where's the draft? At least let me help you a bit."
>> No. 16755
{X} "Damn right I should." Close the door and sit at her side. "Where's the draft? At least let me help you a bit."
>> No. 16758
[x] "I'll go, but only after I make sure you go to sleep as well."
>> No. 16761
File 123820212847.jpg - (223.82KB , 500x625 , 36514896faf26bcd467e37347b0c8811.jpg ) [iqdb]
16761
[X] "Damn right I should." Close the door and sit at her side. "Where's the draft? At least let me help you a bit."

Moreover, for her to expect obedience after such a poor show - what exactly is it cruising her thoughts? Oh, but you already know that, don't you - Irresponsibility at the helm, while impertinence meddles with the sails. With Aya-wind blowing from behind - forcing the unfortunate ship to move straight towards dangerous reefs, fraught with spikes and unexploded depth charges. This crew... it's undermining itself on every single step.
You snivel silently under your nose, but then raise your eyes to face the clueless scriptwriter, fierce like never.
"Damn right I should!" The poor girl jumps in fright, startled, when you slam the door close. Other guests? - who cares, someone needs to hammer some sense into that creative, but otherwise empty head, and it would seem the only capable individual is you. "Space out."
"Eh?" She questions dumbfoundedly when you come to a halt just in front of the bed after charging over from the door.
"Make space." You repeat. "Where's the draft?"
Faux pas - you've said that way too early - she only backed away a little before your words froze her in place yet again. No one said actors are required to be omniscient - bloopers must come from somewhere, no?
"What?" At least she has enough dignity to finish the retreat when you seat your tired butt on the wrinkled covers. Ah, how great it feels to finally rest the muscles...
"The draft." You repeat, not giving into the felicity. Which doesn't come easily, to say the truth. "I know your habits, Kaguya. We've known each other for over a year now." Swirly haze, swirly haze, circling above the head... "You always do a rough draft of the thing before going on an editing spree."
Kaguya winces, shocked displeasure painting itself over her face, gradually, step by step, starting from the cheeks, ending on the forehead. Somehow, you can't help but state calmly, though only inside your mind, that pretty girls shouldn't frown too often. Honestly.
"I-I never show them to anyone either!" She protests. "They're not for-- I mean, they're not the final thing, and--!" You can only smile triumphantly while she wavers with the choice of proper words. "The hell are you grinning at?!"
Are you? Right, touching your lips, they're indeed stretched in a grin. Strange, could have sworn they were only smiling. Ah, drowsiness doing its business, is it.
"Sorry." You mutter, wiping the atrocious thing off your face. Man, that must have looked scary. "But let's get serious now. If I can't put you to sleep, at least let me help - two people are going to finish it quicker, plus-" You add. "-if I remember parts of it now, rehearsing will be easier later, no?"
Her eyes drop to the ground - or rather, the sheet. Sitting cross-legged, hands clenched around her bare ankles, she seems to be pondering the consequences of her next words.
"... frankly, I'd rather not." She finally says. "But I also know how stubborn you can be at times."
Perhaps she's right. Perhaps not - not your bucket of goo. More importantly, you better not stare at her butt while she turns around to reach under the pillows - or at least don't make it so evident you were staring - and whips out a piece of paper, covered in messy handwriting.
So this is how the epics start - on checkered copybook pages. The more you know, the less you understand about this world.
"Here." The thing lands on your lap, with a rather annoyed admission voiced to it. "I'm probably going to regret this, but..."
You squint your eyes, and try to make the characters out, using naught by the light of the TV - and the pale face of Connery doing his usual grimaces all around the screen.
What you can figure out, though... Is nothing.
"Er..." You turn to the author of the mess of paper and ink, genuinely crestfallen. "Sorry, I can't read it."
Kaguya gently palms her forehead.
"I knew it... This is one of the reasons why my drafts are never made public." She snatches the sheet out of your fingers, and having taken in a deep breath, begins reciting. "--Knot enters the church, his trusty PPK weighing on the arm, but always ready to be used in any potential emergency. Le Blaze stands firm beyond the altar, lost in thought, gazing upon the wooden edifice of crucified Christ, probably pondering about the meaning of all her hitherto deeds... Or maybe just having nothing better to do. 'Le Blaze', Knot mutters, but it seems the reverie of the criminal woman is too deep to be broken by only that. 'Le Blaze!', he repeats, louder. Still nothing. Losing his temper, Knot pulls out the gun, and shoots the cross at the base, barely missing Le Blaze's head. That finally draws her attention - Le Blaze turns back as Knot holsters the pistol, smiling wryly. 'Finally', he says 'Never knew you were the religious ty'-- YIKES!"
The story comes to a sudden end when you - having snuck along, using Kaguya's voice as the cover, directly behind her back - squeeze her shoulders.
"Oh." You try to sound as innocent as possible when she twists her neck to look back, visibly flustered. "Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you."
"What the hell do you think you're doing?!"
You look at your own hands, laying still on Kaguya's scapulas.
"Uh, I guess my hands just need to be doing something while I'm listening. Continue, continue." You urge. "Don't mind me."
"Don't mind me, you say..."
"Just keep reading."
Reluctantly, but she returns her beautiful eyes to the text.
>> No. 16762
"--... ahem. 'Religious type - Le Blaze chuckles at this commennn--nnn--t..." Was that an intentional moan? Only one way to make sure, and so you continue rubbing her shoulders. No regrets. "'How lame of you, Knot', she says, unfazed after almost getting shot in the back of the head." Rub, rub, rub. Just to make it easier, you peel the pajama's shirt off a bit. Kaguya wriggles around for a second, but then resumes. "'But I guess impressing me with that tomfoolery wasn't your goal in coming here?'mmm..." Again. So it wasn't an illusion. " - Knot sighs in response. 'I only wanted to see you one more'-- Higher."
She suddenly interjects.
"What?"
"H-higher." Kaguya repeats, albeit much quieter, without looking back. "Rub a bit higher."
"Roger-roger."
Obediently, you slide your fingers up along her skin, until she nods.
"There."
"Mhm." You mumble. "Continue."
"Where was I... ah, yes..." Her back is now following your pace, moving a little with every squeeze. She's obviously enjoying this. Needless to say, you do too. "'... one more time.' - 'One more time... before what?', Le Blaze queries." Rub, rub, rub. Not only moving. Closing in. Drawing nearer. Through gentle movements of the legs and what adheres to their top end, she's sliding closer with every second. The gap between her shirt and the pants becomes more and more revealing with every twitch. "'Before it all ends', Knot pulls out his gun, now openly, aiming at the woman he made love to the previous night.'" The distance has been closed, now only centimeters divide your chest from her back, and only for a moment. The instant she finally leans on you, your hands cease moving. "'I've got a confession to make before it all ends.' he says. Le Blaze laughs yet again, in her imperviousness. Knot takes a deep breath. 'Le Blaze, I--'"
"Love you." The voice that finishes the cheesy line is yours. But it doesn't sound any bad. No, in this dark room, where the only source of light is the playing telly, everything seems a little more... mysterious. Kaguya's bare shoulders. The storm of black hair spread along her body and the sheets beneath. The little hints of breasts you can see through the gap on the front of her shirt. "That sounds more like a novel than a script."
And finally, those eyes, only a few centimeters away, staring right into yours.
"It's only a draft..." She pauses. "... we shouldn't be doing this."
Her tone is steely, unsuitable. It stings your ears, but at the same time... Recalls something else. Something you forgot about when you first touched her skin.
She's wearing a pink lipstick tonight. Wonder if it tastes like cherries...?

[ ] "... right." Collect yourself. "Right. Sorry. Just... finish reading and I'll be on my way."
[ ] "... because? Mokou? I told you, we're not together anymore."
[ ] Taste them. It's the only way to make sure.
[ ] "Doing what? Nothing is happening. Keep going."
>> No. 16763
Whoops. Walled. Apologies~
Blame >>16751 for giving me ideas~
>> No. 16764
[ ] "... right." Collect yourself. "Right. Sorry. Just... finish reading and I'll be on my way."
>> No. 16767
[X] "I'm only here to help. If you think leaving is the best way to do that, fine, but otherwise..."
[X] "Just tell me what you need."

Hoping for a hot, sweaty one night stand with our little screenwriter. Maybe it can ease some of her tension.
>> No. 16772
[x] Taste them. It's the only way to make sure.

That was hot.
>> No. 16774
[x] "Doing what? Nothing is happening. Keep going."
>> No. 16787
>>16762
[X] "Doing what? Nothing is happening. Keep going."

The tension. It must grow to super nova-like proportions.
Write-person, you are doing a very good job. Grammar, dialogue, and story (so far) are beyond reproach. I love the narrative style used to describe actions, areas, appearances, etc. Pleasantly detailed, good adjective and verb selection, and you include smells. I fucking love when scents are described. Really helps immersion. Only thing that sticks out is that this doesn't really feel 'Touhou' I mean, with or without the Touhous, this would still be a fun read. Maybe because the story is so fresh we haven't really gotten a good taste of everything there is to be had, but Aya (and Rinnosuke, I guess) has been the only character that carried over from the games/fanon. I guess I'll be curious to see where this goes.

Finally, that update was unexpectedly hot.
>> No. 16810
Wait.

The jerk.

The jerk that slowly but surely works his way closer to the girls, before picking one, and, when the time is right, physically seducing her despite her requests that he stop--and on top of all that, feigning ignorance of his actions entirely.

Are we that jerk?

Because we're sounding a little like that jerk.
>> No. 16811
[ ] "... right." Collect yourself. "Right. Sorry. Just... finish reading and I'll be on my way."
>> No. 16812
[x] "... right." Collect yourself. "Right. Sorry. Just... finish reading and I'll be on my way."
>> No. 16813
[x] "... right." Collect yourself. "Right. Sorry. Just... finish reading and I'll be on my way."
>> No. 16814
[x] "... right." Collect yourself. "Right. Sorry. Just... finish reading and I'll be on my way."

16810 makes a good point.
>> No. 16816
[x] "... right." Collect yourself. "Right. Sorry. Just... finish reading and I'll be on my way."
>> No. 16817
>>16810
Good Point

[x] "... right." Collect yourself. "Right. Sorry. Just... finish reading and I'll be on my way."
>> No. 16819
[x] "... right." Collect yourself. "Right. Sorry. Just... finish reading and I'll be on my way."

Look Anon... Look at what you've become .
>> No. 16822
[ze] "... right." Collect yourself. "Right. Sorry. Just... finish reading and I'll be on my way."

Only Aoi tastes like strawberries.

...I have to go reread that, now.
>> No. 16832
>>16810
Hey. What's wrong with being that jerk?
>> No. 16840
File 123824702432.jpg - (142.32KB , 800x500 , 43ee7926bb17aa65e86a3c24a663ee9d.jpg ) [iqdb]
16840
>>16787
Ah, thank you, thank you. I'd bow, if that were possible to perform through the internet.
To think here I was wondering if I'd been being too vague.

>>16767
Wholeheartedly, I approve of your notion, though - it might have been a little too sudden, don't you think? Of course, this is how these things work, but... Well, no need to worry about that now, is there? Writing shall resume in a couple of hours, as my schedule doesn't contain too many empty brackets today.
>> No. 16853
>>16840
You out pimping girls or can we have another update?
>> No. 16870
File 123827710670.jpg - (87.47KB , 650x600 , 890a66820c2da10775000a95f7379c14.jpg ) [iqdb]
16870
>>16853

Yes, writing in literally a couple of seconds.
>> No. 16874
File 123828127071.jpg - (76.26KB , 850x585 , sample-c23d7dd33157747853ae980241bd65da.jpg ) [iqdb]
16874
[X] "... right." Collect yourself. "Right. Sorry. Just... finish reading and I'll be on my way."

What could it be - that seductively juicy hue? Revlon? Avon, perhaps, or maybe one of those fancy Almays? Which brand would a careless, selfless writer girl use - there's no of a girl so incautious to possibly use a LancĂ´me? No, if she's allowed herself to be as superficial to give in to your arms' caress, and forget the circumstances...
But her body, in spite of the words, remains still, only electrifying your senses through the use of excessive, intoxicating warmth. She smells of sweat and shampoo - the mixture usually considered to be at least unpleasant, that now ravages in your nostrils like the most exquisite of scents. Her shoulders tense when you shiver, still silent, mute and deaf to her question. Yet, it feels to great to neglect, it feels too...
... wrong. No other word can be applied - what you're doing, what you're trying to drag her into is wrong, improper. Recall it - the thing you've forgotten - the thing that's been missing. Self-control. Superiority over the instincts, over the heady call of her near body.
Grab a hold - or release it, rather - on Kaguya's shoulders. The moment of your reason's homecoming, the instant the contact breaks, she draws away, hiding her face behind the ruffled fringe.
"... right." You drawl through your teeth, still not quite sure of the righteousness of this outcome. "Right." Then repeat, as if to assure yourself. "Sorry."
"... no, don't be." Replies your would-be victim after a moment of silence. Her eyes, though not visible, seem to be staring intently at her own knuckles, grasping a piece of the sheets, tightly. "I should be the one apologizing."
"What are you talking about--" You try to rebut, but get cut off, and can do nothing to oppose it.
"I thought you'd just continue, whispering something about the educational factor I could take advantage of..." Her voice is as silent as a whisper. "... I guess I'm just that weak. Sorry."
"Kaguya--!"
Consecutively, it would seem she's intent on not letting you pour any more poisonous words into her ears. Now it's her eyes that prevent you from speaking. But as opposed to what you'd expect, they express no regret, no sense of defeat, no sadness. Only... a bit of elation, maybe some sort of twisted sense of joyful defeat. Faced with this spectacle of contradictions, you can do nothing but fall quiet.
"Likewise," She seems to be forcing a malicious tone. "Was showing a bit of skin enough to get you running? My," Unbelievable, but she actually smirks. "To think I did my best to teach Mokou everything I knew... And yet you still managed to resist her. Why, looks like she's going to need a couple of supplementary classes after all."
"Hey." You scowl at her mentioning that delicate matter yet again. "Dig any deeper, and you're causing a cave-in. So what, are you trying to say you were attempting to seduce me?"
"Ha..." She throws herself back onto the bed, sighing loudly. "Don't know. Perhaps I just wanted to see if I could. Hehe."
Despite the tense atmosphere, she lets a giggle out. A carefree, relaxed giggle that bears no sign of responsibility for what was about to occur here. Nevertheless, it does its magic - the tension ruling over the room thus far is immediately dispelled with her cheerful voice. The world breathes anew, with a gust of fresh, unplagued air, the very one you happily take a draught of in, and mimicking the writer girl's behaviour, too let out a chuckle.
Right, you should have never forgotten the fact Kaguya was the one who taught Mokou how to be attractive, that she succeeded at the task to an extent she herself found hard to believe. How much of it was her merit, and how much of it was Mokou's natural charm, no one could - and should - try to determine. Nevertheless - the fact stands still - Kaguya knows her share of the craft Mokou won you over with.
"Now I know why you're the one responsible for the scenario..." You don a false expression of defeat, to her amusement. "Only you could come up with such a bold, yet secretive plan. Damn your skill, Kaguya."
"Thanks," She replies, a beaming smile brightening her face. "I try."
"But speaking of the scenario," You change the topic so swiftly it doesn't feel any awkward. Kaguya doesn't show any signs of displeasure either. "Just... finish reading and I'll be on my way. Sleep beckons."
"Of course," Kaguya nods. "But before that, let me ask you one more question."
"Yes?"
"With this new ending... It might be necessary to make a kiss scene. Are you..." She struggles with the choice of words for a second. "Will you be able to kiss Mokou?"
"Kaguya," You smirk cockily. "I'm an actor, remember? I'm okay with kissing anyone, if the situation calls for it."
"Hm." Is all she says before picking the previously cast aside piece of paper back up. "Interesting. But, as I was trying to say, after confessing, Knot..."


(...)


In the end, you were treated to a summary of the last scene, rather than the full, detailed view of it, partially due to the late hour, partially due to Kaguya's own strengthened unwillingness to share any more of her creation with you before it's finalized. Bidding her a good night - though the time suggest something more along the lines of a morning - you had left the den of the Coffee Monster, and directed your steps back to your own.
Silently, as not to wake the supposedly sleeping girl there up, you slip inside...
... but instead of suffocating stillness expected from a hotel room, what greets you is a gust of air, carrying the scent of a dying night.
"Not asleep yet?"
Closing the door behind, you head inside, and immediately spot Mokou at her usual spot - the narrow balcony, where she stands, a stub of cigarette sticking out of her lips. The dawn is breaking, painting her figure in nostalgic, pale yellow, underlining the tenuity of her shirt, emphasizing the curves it forms at her bust and hips. The moment she notices your return, her fingers pull the cig out, and throw it over the wooden balustrade.
"Took your time." She swiftly avoids answering. Her hand ceases playing with the box of cigs it's been fooling around with up till now, and flicks out another one of the smoky sticks. "Never knew you were that much of a sluggard."
Paying no heed to her mocks, you seat yourself in the armchair.
"You weren't possibly waiting for me?"
"Want a boum?"
To your surprise, she tosses the pack to you, without waiting for an answer. You can't help but frown at this poor technique of avoiding the question.
"You know I'm trying to drop."
"You know I swore not to share with you anymore." Mokou replies, lighting her own share of the poison. "Appreciate it, dimwit."

[ ] Fine. Just this one. For her.
[ ] No. Furthermore, request her to go to sleep already.
[ ] Smoking is a no, but if she has something to say...
>> No. 16875
[X] No. Furthermore, request her to go to sleep already.

Hey, when you stop, you gotta go cold turkey.
>> No. 16877
[X] No. Furthermore, request her to go to sleep already.
>> No. 16880
[x] Fine. Just this one. For her.

Time for some Mokou interaction.
>> No. 16882
[x] Smoking is a no, but if she has something to say...
>> No. 16883
File 123828510375.jpg - (216.45KB , 600x450 , 396351.jpg ) [iqdb]
16883
>>16874
[X] Fine. Just this one. For her.
>> No. 16885
[X] No. Furthermore, request her to go to sleep already.
>> No. 16886
[x] Fine. Just this one. For her.
>> No. 16888
[x] Smoking is a no, but if she has something to say...
>> No. 16891
[x] Fine. Just this one. For her.
>> No. 16894
File 123829033661.jpg - (152.35KB , 600x844 , 805991db007396c0dbf723a6472920c2.jpg ) [iqdb]
16894
Argh, accursed DST! Eating an hour out of my schedule! Apologies, I would have liked to write again today, but the votes are being rather even, thus preventing me from picking one option, and I'm way too soft to call them. Updating as soon as I'm back from Morpheus' embrace, provided there is a leading majority by then, of course. Again, I apologize, but I lack the fatique resistance our protagonist possesses.
>> No. 16895
[ ] Smoking is a no, but if she has something to say...
>> No. 16898
[ ] Smoking is a no, but if she has something to say...
>> No. 16921
[x] Fine. Just this one. For her.

Eh, get some sleep YAF. There'll be a tiebreaker sometime soon.
>> No. 16948
Phoenix Wrighting. Expect me.
>> No. 16949
File 123833364840.jpg - (301.15KB , 606x777 , d3faaaa6cd2e4c61d776863173a416ac.jpg ) [iqdb]
16949
[X] Fine. Just this one. For her.

Not to share anymore... That would be right - it was Mokou's uncouth influence that'd gotten you into this dangerous addiction in the first place - the addiction you later vowed to wipe out from the face of your budget - and now, a box of accursed venom which has been boring in your lungs for long enough already, is right there - at your disposal, along with the peddler's halfhearted approval...
Be that as it may, Mokou isn't the kind of person to change her mind without an ample motive to back her up - and though the drowsiness - partially averted by Kaguya, but present regardless - is still knocking at the back of your head, you flick out a dose of metaphorical cyanide, and weakly arise from the embrace of the recliner. The world seems to be doing everything to halt your journey to the balcony.
"I don't remember dating a jelly knee like you."
Mokou comments viciously when you finally settle yourself against the balustrade, careful not to get too close - but at the same time, comfortably close enough - to the barely dressed girl. She hands you a silver zippo lighter, which your fingers struggle to grasp tightly enough not to let it slip away.
"Well, sorry for not having Aya's stamina, Kaguya's coffee supply and your nicotine buff."
The touch of the filter between your jaws feels oddly nostalgic. You've almost forgotten how to hold the cig to get the most out of the contents... But does it matter - what should be more concerning right now, is that the cursed lighter seems to be - surprisingly - on the side of reason. Refusing to spark up a flame, no matter how hard you spin the wheel.
Flick.
"So what have you been doing up so late?"
Flick, flick. Irritation grows.
"Nothing-- much..." You drawl, slowly growing tired of the lighter's whimsical nature. Fire up, for the love of God! "Went-- here-- and-- there-- shit!"
It just had to happen sooner or later - in its malice, the little SOB escapes its confinement, and does a suicidal jump for the floor. Cussing under your nose, you force your muscles to make another, completely unnecessary bow... But they're never allowed to finish, for a slender hand grabs a hold of your chin, and hale you to lean forward, rather thank downwards... How surprising it is when you discover the hand to be Mokou's, and her face to suddenly appear inches before yours.
Still holding onto your cheeks from beneath, she puts her cigarette against yours. A few seconds is what it takes for the latter to catch the heat.
Finally released, you return to your previous position.
"Er... thanks."
Mokou eyes you annoyedly.
"The hell're you being so unstrung about?" Are you? Yeah, that was a little too sudden not to be surprised, but... Perhaps the fatigue's gotten into you enough to tamper with your face as well. "This isn't how I remember you reacting whenever I did that."
"Yeah, but..." You take a deep breath, inhaling the smoke. Whatever they say, you can't help but disagree - it feels wonderful to poison yourself with this smoke. "Guess I've been weaned from it."
"No shit." She exhales the smoke to the side. "How long has it been since we broke up?"
Amazing how she's able to ask such a question with a straight face. You pull the cig out of your mouth, and knock the ash off. Without a second thought, your mouth begins to blurt out the numbers.
"Three months, fifteen days, around five hours, and--"
"Are you keeping track of it?" She cuts in. The frown on her face is somewhat discouraging.
"No, I'm just very good at math..."
"Bullshit."
"... and very bad at lying to Mokou." You give her a helpless shrug, which only deepens her displeased consternation. Is it really that shameful to remember how much time has passed since your ways were parted? In all honesty, you don't find it any embarrassing. "So what, can't I?"
"Forget it."
As if though that was the cue of the conversation's end, Mokou shifts her gaze to the sight outside.

Firmament broke apart by the rays of rising sun. Heavy clouds hung over the small village surrounded by hills, foreboding something ominous in the eyes of the ones who stand beneath them. Still streets, with no sight of anyone whatsoever.
On that disheartening background, a girl with no sense of shame - her long, light hair hanging along her body, dressed in only that revealing nightshirt, buttoned up to only the third button from the top. The lines of breasts in the cleavage. Smooth thighs protruding from under the thin fabric. Bare feet, wiggling their toes on the cold floor.
Where did it go wrong...?

"So, know anything about the new script?"
Mokou cuts your pondering short, returning her eyes to your distracted face. Barely making it in time, you too unglue yours from her bosom, and look aside.
"Not much. Kaguya said--"
"Oh." She interrupts. "So that's where you were."
You counter her smirk with a scowl.
"If there's anything you want to insinuate, keep it for yourself." Mokou snorts, but abides - and you're free to resume. "In any case, I know we're doing a Steel Rat-esque finale."
She makes a confused face.
"Pardon?"
Right, she was never a well-read person, and if you recall correctly, she's never been into the SF genre. Sigh, more things to explain - like if she couldn't simply wait for the complete screenplay. Still, it's not like you have anything better to do.
"In a giant short, Knot converts Le Blaze to the Light Side and the two live happily ever after."
"That's kinda boring."
"We might have to kiss."
Mokou tilts her head to the side a bit, not looking very interested.
"That fine by you?"
"I'm an actor, Mokou." You reply, not wavering once. "My career may not be a long-winded one, but I have still kissed a lot of girls who performed with me."
"The hell is your problem, then?"
Is she being deliberately oblivious? - or just playing on your nerves?
"Well, what I'm concerned about," You try to hold the anger back, and miraculously - succeed. "Is whether you are okay with that or not."
"We've kissed before, haven't we?"
You can't help but sigh. Indeed, you have, but that was before... before the whole relationship mess.
Looking at her, she's still in the same position, leaning against the balustrade, no heed for the fact the pose is making some very naughty bits of her body free to be admired by the world - or rather, whoever happens to be lucky enough to catch a sight of them. Almost as if she was... showing off.
"We have," You nod, averting your eyes. "But... are you still fine with it? I mean, we're not... together anymore."
Rustle. A short sound, and when you look there, Mokou is glaring at you from under her fringe, the cig aimed towards you like a barrel of a gun, her legs set astride, although only a little...
"Well," She mouths. "Why don't you go ahead and see for yourself?"


[ ] "Why don't you get serious for once?" Snatch the cig out of her lips. "It's your first movie, Mokou. Make it a good start."
[ ] Do nothing. Stare. Her snares shall not be triggered.
[ ] Try her. Just try her. It's been too long. Way too long.
>> No. 16951
{X} "Why don't you get serious for once?" Snatch the cig out of her lips. "It's your first movie, Mokou. Make it a good start."
>> No. 16954
[x] Try her. Just try her. It's been too long. Way too long.

Right.
>> No. 16955
>>16921
Things went by so good, now the haters will come back.
Let's pretend.
>> No. 16956
[x] Try her. Just try her. It's been too long. Way too long.
>> No. 16957
{X} "Why don't you get serious for once?" Snatch the cig out of her lips. "It's your first movie, Mokou. Make it a good start."
>> No. 16958
[X] "Why don't you get serious for once?" Snatch the cig out of her lips. "It's your first movie, Mokou. Make it a good start."
>> No. 16959
[X] "Why don't you get serious for once?" Snatch the cig out of her lips. "It's your first movie, Mokou. Make it a good start."
>> No. 16965
[X] "Why don't you get serious for once?" Snatch the cig out of her lips. "It's your first movie, Mokou. Make it a good start."
>> No. 16966
Calling, writing. Await me~!
>> No. 16968
File 123835029170.jpg - (493.25KB , 1260x900 , 51937124279799be2a683c06e91e4cf2.jpg ) [iqdb]
16968
[X] "Why don't you get serious for once?" Snatch the cig out of her lips. "It's your first movie, Mokou. Make it a good start."

Temptation - the most horrifying weapon on women's arsenal - easy to utilize, not expensive in maintenance, and most of all - unbelievably effective. It would so happen as well, that Mokou's armament doesn't lack in any possible department. Legs - long and smooth, sure to provide heavenly sensations if touched; maidenly thighs; a hint of bellybutton glancing through a gap between her shirt's buttons; excessive cleavage; daring smirk. To top it off, that flippant cigarette, held by - and contrasting with their natural, pink tint - lips.
Alpha strike, an all-out assault on everything a man could attempt to desperately defend, protect, not to give in to the lure... But is it really alright to be swayed so easily? - no way Mokou would resort to something like this for just any trivial reason, and you're fairly positive it's not about the script either.
In other, briefer words, she's simply fooling around with your libido.
"What's the matter?" Faced with no immediate reaction, she proceeds with the harrassment. "Where's the cocksure mate I know? Don't tell me," She snorts. "Were three months enough to make you a sissy agai--" Her poisonous words go out with a silly 'plop', as you pull the cig out of her mouth - and hold it up, away from yourself. "Oi, the hell are you--"
"Why don't you get serious for once?" You butt in, no regard for her suddenly not-so-seductive-anymore expression. Even though, she remains perfectly still in the same pose. "It's your first movie, Mokou. Wasn't your dream to become an actress?"
But instead of making an honest reply, Mokou only sighs obstinately, tapping her fingers on the balustrade, as if in impatience or anticipation - the reason is beyond your current mental capabilities.
"... in moments like these," She mutters. "I wish I'd never told you anything."
You observe her for a few seconds longer before an apt continuation finally crawls onto your tongue. She grimaces when you begin to voice it.
"It's your first movie, Mokou." You state in perhaps a bit too overzealous tone. To fix it now would be sort of silly, however, and so you resume without a flinch, not affected by Mokou's sour face one bit. "Cast away your prejudices, and make it a good start."
"Look," Finally, some sort of response, though the voice doesn't forebode well. "It's a poor, low-budget movie made by a flock of inexperienced students." Her eyes return to you, full of doubt. "How can this be a good start?"
"The first time doesn't make the last, Mokou." Your rebuttal is a trigger - she sluggishly detaches from the balustrade, and groaning discontently at the world in general - or so you hope, and can only observe as her figure heads back inside, forgetting about the still smoldering cig in your hand. "Running away?"
"Going to sleep." She stops, but doesn't turn around. "Got a problem with that?"
"No, just the opposite."
"Good riddance." But despite the finishing nature of that response, she remains rooted to the spot. Knowing nothing good would come from urging, you too remain still, waiting. "... you were off by one day." She finally whispers. "It's been three months, sixteen days, five hours and fourty three minutes."
With that, not letting you react in any way, she disappears in the shades of the room, and after a second, loud creaking verifies her claim as true - she's gone to bed. To sleep - who knows? - but to bed, certainly.
You toss her cigarette outside, and put yours back in your mouth.
"... gah."
Suddenly, it doesn't taste as good anymore.


(...)


Knock, kick, thump, a cacophony of noises capable of causing a coronary attack in a months old corpse tear you away from the world of dreams. Not that the stay lasted long enough to get a taste of something really twisted - but in a small part, you're somewhat grateful for being forcibly rescued from there. For the larger, though, you're unearthly pissed off.
"What in God's name..."
You groan while standing up. That wasn't the most pleasant of naps you've had since the arrival here. No, in fact, it was one of the worst.
Sticky eyelids only make it harder to walk up to the door... and come to an unexpected halt a meter away when they swing open with a slam.
"Next time I have to knock for so long, I'm cracking skulls!" Aya walks inside in an overconfident manner, shooting curious glances all over the place. "Lazybones! The morning hour has gold in its mouth!" Frankly, you'd rather think it has dried up saliva and slime, but there's not much sense in disputing the point with someone of Aya's sort. "Is Mokou in?"
"Yeah." You reply without a second thought. The realization comes when Aya casts you a mischievous grin. "Er..."
"Aha. That explains the getup." Uh, no, Aya. People sleep in their underwear, deal with it. "Anyway, keep silent, we don't want to wake her up."
"Wait." You cut in. "Wasn't it you who busted in like a--"
"Details!" There's only one person capable of screaming while whispering in the world, and she happens to be standing right before you, exhibiting that extraordinary feat at your poor, barely dressed self. "Our breakfast's in 10 minutes, so gear up, and I better see you downstairs before long!"

[ ] "Uh, actually... I think I'll pass. I had a hard night, you know, and... Please, don't kill me?"
[ ] "If not, death penalty, I presume? Right-o, princess - roger that."
>> No. 16973
[ ] "If not, death penalty, I presume? Right-o, princess - roger that."
>> No. 16974
>>16968
[X] "If not, death penalty, I presume? Right-o, princess - roger that."

Sleep deprived, women problems, cigarette stink, and propped up by a pot of black coffee? We are the consumate method actor for this role.
>> No. 16975
[ ] "If not, death penalty, I presume? Right-o, princess - roger that."
>> No. 16985
>"... you were off by one day."
;_;
>> No. 17012
[x] "Uh, actually... I think I'll pass. I had a hard night, you know, and... Please, don't kill me?"

>>16974
And yet we refuse to relieve our stress.
>> No. 17032
[ ] "If not, death penalty, I presume? Right-o, princess - roger that."
>> No. 17043
[X] "If not, death penalty, I presume? Right-o, princess - roger that."
>> No. 17044
[ ] "If not, death penalty, I presume? Right-o, princess - roger that."
>> No. 17063
File 123842974763.jpg - (177.21KB , 756x600 , 8e887d15c55960990d88f663b8763471.jpg ) [iqdb]
17063
>>16985

Haha, it's replies like this that make it worthwile of sneaking in such accents~

>>16974

Don't overwork yourself~

Writing in as much as it takes to down a cup of tea in a single go.
>> No. 17070
File 123843255065.jpg - (142.64KB , 600x664 , c72f2cc2e6e34215555559006f1fa37c.jpg ) [iqdb]
17070
[X] "If not, death penalty, I presume? Right-o, princess - roger that."

How did it go again...? It is good to dream, but it is better to dream and work...? - something along the lines. Whoever came up with such an over contradiction, and wasn't afraid to say it in public, deserved a lynch at least. Here's hoping the reflexive past tense hasn't been utilized without any justification, be it an effect of God's righteous regulations, or the sheer power of hatred, that you wish you could present someone so hard they'd go bald. Bald and dead, preferably. Honestly, whoever that was - he'd never experienced facing this overbrisk hell of a girl so soon after waking up.
Aya's smile only widens when you let a groan out of your dry lips.
"If not, death penalty, I presume?" You don't need to wait for her to stop nodding energetically to know she probably wanted to say it either way. "Right-o, princess." A sigh follows the groan as you put your hands on your hips. "Roger that."
"That's the spirit!" Aya whacks your one of your stiff shoulders. It hurts. "Just slip something on and beam down."
She flashes you one, last, sprightly gleam of white teeth, and flapping her scarf - why is she wearing it indoors, anyway? - as well as her skirt, begins to head outside...
"Wait, one more thing."
Only to be stopped by you mid-way through the step. Your eyes are yet again graced with the cutesy of her making a revealing pirouette before getting shot down by a false, somewhat strangely entertained scowl.
"My time is made of money." Says the happysad face. "What is it? Make it quick."
You rub your aching forehead for a second. Right, there's this one thing that didn't quite fit the overall sense of the conversation...
"Why'd you tell me not to wake Mokou up?"
Aya straightens up, now genuinely surprised.
"Wha, what do you mean, why?" She questions, but before you're able to as much as open your mouth, the mischievous smile makes its return onto her lips. "Oh, man. You two. Sleeping in the same room, yet still resentful. Come on, just shag already!" You let the rather outrageous suggestion slip by unnoticed, and continue staring. "... right." At least she has enough common sense not to dig any deeper. "Anyhow, she said she had shrines deep up her hairy arse, so to quote, yesterday." She shrugs. "I saw Mokou beat an adult guy up once, so I'd rather not force her to do anything."
Ah, here we go - another amusing fact. The only person Aya's remotely afraid of is Mokou. Sure has it easy, that lazybones resting in your bed - wonder how many guys would you have to beat the shit out of to gain Aya's respect.
"... I see." You finally mutter.
"Is that it? Good." Aya turns on her heels. "If I don't see you in three minutes, heads--!"
"--Will roll." You finish. "Better get your red carpet ready, then."
"Wait for that until after we've finished the movie!"
The girl waves cheerfully as she runs down the corridor, and disappears on the stairs.


(...)



Extraction complete - mission successful, no secondary objectives failed. In your usual, everyday garment on, you finally arrive downstairs in the cafeteria - though it feels more like a mess hall with Aya around - your head held together in one piece only by your lucky bandana. Why lucky? - well, isn't that simple. It's one of the less painful things you'd received from the director of your previous movies before he finally acknowledged your talent.
Either way, it seems that the only people present in are the members of the Circle - missing Kaguya and Mokou - and the guys from the Theater Club, clustered around two tables in the corner. No other guests can be seen, but it's only a given, knowing Myschi pulled a few strings to get your breakfasts served a little later than all the other clients - due to - and because of - the nightly nature of our work. For that, she deserves a medal, if not two. Plus a kiss on the cheek from the president. Or the leading man, that'd be acceptable as well. Speaking of which, she's at her usual spot behind the counter, meddling with something under the tabletop.
Kourin, miss Keine and Akyu seem to be sitting together, eating in relative silence, while Aya and her blonde friend discuss - or rather, only the former discusses - something you can't make out over the extras' upbeat conversation. The tables are set with trays full of cute, little sandwiches, plus two jugs of tea and probably coffee on each. No one's noticed your arrival, but it's only a matter of time 'till someone's photoradar picks a spot of navy blue lurking at the entrance up.

[ ] Join Aya and her friend. You could use the mental spanking to wake up.
[ ] Obviously, your righteous place. Perhaps Myschi will whip out something special, just for you?
[ ] Kourin's table reeks of gloom. Lend him a hand, and brighten it up.
[ ] Pretend you're a pot palm tree.
>> No. 17071
[ ] Obviously, your righteous place. Perhaps Myschi will whip out something special, just for you?
>> No. 17073
[ ] Obviously, your righteous place. Perhaps Myschi will whip out something special, just for you?
>> No. 17074
[x] Kourin's table reeks of gloom. Lend him a hand, and brighten it up.

Late night was a failure?
>> No. 17076
[x] Obviously, your righteous place. Perhaps Myschi will whip out something special, just for you?

meh, i have /shrine/ in my taskbar now i gotta scroll all the way to /others/ and find it
>> No. 17077
>>17070
[X] Obviously, your righteous place. Perhaps Myschi will whip out something special, just for you?

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Our best chance for not passing out today is a Myschi omelette made from her special eggs~
>> No. 17078
[x] Kourin's table reeks of gloom. Lend him a hand, and brighten it up.

I wonder why he's so gloomy. Also, fangirl Akyu~
>> No. 17079
[X] Obviously, your righteous place. Perhaps Myschi will whip out something special, just for you?
>> No. 17080
File 123844448184.jpg - (272.76KB , 622x837 , ef3ce7b038326b5b5a9e8fa1b3992f132.jpg ) [iqdb]
17080
>>17074

Haha~ an amusing concept~


Schreibing, stay sharp~ (Ah, it feels bad to crop this image, but rules are rules...)
>> No. 17081
>>17080
>Schreibing

lol

hooray, time to F5 the slow ass site.
>> No. 17083
File 123844849799.jpg - (102.26KB , 850x618 , sample-7528d30149409959c482d4d25c41ffdf.jpg ) [iqdb]
17083
[X] Obviously, your righteous place. Perhaps Myschi will whip out something special, just for you?

They say opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work - which - ironically - is how Myschi appears right now. No denying the outfit gives her that certain, odd charm a normal, adult woman wouldn't be able to squeeze out of a brown apron, but somehow, this girl manages all that and a bit more seemingly effortlessly. One can only wonder if she's a natural, or managed to invent a mysterious technique of changing the usual, dirty image of a skivvy into something authentically appealing.
The feeling strengthens when - in all her selfless kindness - she makes the world a brighter place by smiling heartily upon your going out from the figurative shadows. You'd go as far as saying climbing onto the high chair caused little to no pain in your head, solely thanks to her warm greeting. What wonders can a simple gesture do.
"Morning." She throws, raising from behind the counter. "Goose kick me, don't you look wrecked."
As malicious as that comment would sound in anyone else's mouth, in hers - it sounds almost sympathetic.
"And I feel like I look." You mumble, letting your body rest on the tabletop. "This whole ordeal is slowly killing me off."
"Something happened? Your girl kept you up?"
You eye her briefly, but she seems to be occupied with solicitously wiping a wine glass off any hints of dirt. Somehow, it suits her current image.
"In a manner of speaking. Though it was nothing you'd think it to be." Another displeased groan escapes your half-alive self. "Oh, and for your own safety - avoid entering that room today."
Myschi halts for a moment, but then resumes her task, apparently unfazed.
"Oh. Is that so."
That sounded probably a bit less impassive that she'd have liked it to - but while it would normally start a dance party in your brain, at the moment, you're far from jumping in joy. Grabbing her hands and spinning around will have to wait - and right now, you may as well attempt acquiring some necessary provisions. Necessary for surviving this already murderous day. It's only started recently too...
"Myschi..." You mumble. "Food~?"
Yes - oh, man - yes! Her lips curve up for a split-second, ascending your spirits like a sudden raise in salary in the middle of a 100% paid furlough. Only for a brief while, though, because immediately following that, she shrugs apologetically.
"Sorry," She says in a condescending tone. "But everything's out."
"What?" You inquire, quite unable to believe her words.
"Everything's out." Myschi repeats. "If you want to eat, you'll have to beg the others."
What? No, wait - really - what? This... cannot be! No, you weren't that late to begin with, why does she say there's nothing left for you-- Just a second. Looking around at all the others, their supplies of food seem to have suddenly become extremely scarce. All the current circumstances lack to become truly scornful, are vicious smirks on everyone's faces, with a cloud of darkness ominously, mockingly hanging above their heads.
"Myyyyschiiii~" You turn to the traitor with a pitiful sob. "Fooood~, pleaaaseeee..."
The glass she's been cleaning lands on the tabletop as she herself she crosses arms on her chest, and pouts her lips.
"Nooope~." Her tone is indifferent as never. "Early bird gets the worm. You were incredibly late today, so no food for you."
With tears in your eyes, you shuffle forward even further, now completely laying on the counter, reaching your arms forward... Well, towards Myschi's apron. Busy with being a tease, she doesn't get to dodge when you grab a hold of the lower part of her uniform. Had this happened sometime else, you would have probably noticed the fabric's incredibly warm - and that your fingers got a nice feel of her thighs in the process.
"Myyyyschiiii~..."
Ha, straight on the nail. Her tables turned, she can only cast nervous looks around, while trying to get you off her uniform. Shame, despite being hungry like a lion on a sunny afternoon, there's enough strength in your hands not to pop just yet.
"H-hey!" She whispers. "Let go--! Oh, please, boss will get angry. Let go--!"
"Foood~" You urge, oblivious to her pleads.
"I get it." She's almost squealing now. "I get it, so let go!" You do, and satisfied with the outcome, settle back, smiling, while Myschi clumsily attempts to straighten her clothes up. "Geez." She pouts again. "Can't I even tease you a little?"
Sighing, she departs through the kitchen doors, only to return half a minute later, with a plate of... Divine mercy! In place of poorly made sandwiches, waves hello to you a set of scrambled eggs, bread with jam and a cup of steaming hot coffee. The heavenly edifice of cuisine patters down in front of you, luring with a plethora of smells, and each and every more tempting.
It doesn't take a second to gulp down the first bite for your starving throat. Delicious. No, that's not enough - even 'ambrosial' wouldn't quite cut it.
Myschi observes your feast with the same, pleased smile as ever. Scene like from a movie - and you're more than happy to play your role.

That is, until something heavy - and warm - invades the area of your right shoulder.
"Mooookou..." Myschi freezes in place at the voice - so do you, only retaining enough control to twist your neck a little... "Heeelp mee..."
... but enough to discover the one so treacherously attacking you from behind to be Kaguya. The same, usual Kaguya. The same, but at the same time, changed. Even for her, those shadows under eyes are simply unnatural. So she didn't go to sleep after all, did she... Christ almighty, what a silly, stubborn...
"Kaguya?"
"Oh?" She stops mumbling, and shuffles a little closer. Completely leaning on your back, by the way - very pleasant, very nice, and in the face of Myschi's expression - also very dangerous. "You're not Mokou..." Kaguya groans. "The white hair fooled me..."
The white hair...? Oh, she must have taken your bandana for your hair - which only reinforces the idea of the current state of her mind and body.
"Good grief." Myschi suddenly utters. "Don't they all cling to you like flies to honey."
"Sooo..." Kaguya pokes your cheek with a finger. "... who are you?"

[ ] "Myschi, would you mind pointing me to the nearest bathroom?" Try to ease the tension by winking. "I've got an idiot to wake up."
[ ] "You think it's nice?" Seat Kaguya on the chair beside you. "Gets boring after a while, believe me. Uh, I feel bad for asking, but could you fix us one more share?"
[ ] "Vain,.vain, vain." Stand up, forcibly lift Kaguya off her feet. "Let's put this doll back where it belongs. I'll be riiiiight back."
[ ] Lead Kaguya to someone else's table, and get on with your meal. Can't bring Myschi down, can you?

==

Searching for a picture took longer than expected... Might be the fault of getting distracted by sorting my music files too. Never nice to have raggae kick in while you're trying to listen to electronica.
>> No. 17084
[ ] "Myschi, would you mind pointing me to the nearest bathroom?" Try to ease the tension by winking. "I've got an idiot to wake up."
>> No. 17085
[x] "Myschi, would you mind pointing me to the nearest bathroom?" Try to ease the tension by winking. "I've got an idiot to wake up."
>> No. 17086
[x] "Myschi, would you mind pointing me to the nearest bathroom?" Try to ease the tension by winking. "I've got an idiot to wake up."
[x] With a swirly.

You've cock-blocked me for the last time, Houraisan.
>> No. 17088
[x] "Myschi, would you mind pointing me to the nearest bathroom?" Try to ease the tension by winking. "I've got an idiot to wake up."

Love your Mokou and Kaguya so far. I really do like them more as friends than mortal enemies.
>> No. 17091
File 123845394317.jpg - (124.91KB , 300x333 , 40ac8b198c4231c828d22d3a67af63e9.jpg ) [iqdb]
17091
>>17086

I sense your intentions... and I approve of them.

>>17088

Thank you. Fortunately the setting provides enough flexibility to adjust the relationships between characters to appear more... hm, acceptable? 'Likeable' would be a good word, if it wasn't so vague. If relationships can be likeable, that is.
>> No. 17092
[x] "Myschi, would you mind pointing me to the nearest bathroom?" Try to ease the tension by winking. "I've got an idiot to wake up."
>> No. 17094
[x] "Who am I? Why I'm the Commodore Perry"
[x] Sit Kaguya down. "Uh, I feel bad for asking, but could you fix us one more share?"
>> No. 17140
This re-boot has been nothing but boring.

Try again next year.
>> No. 17205
File 123847915484.jpg - (6.20KB , 174x237 , 1236653175268.jpg ) [iqdb]
17205
>>17140
You. Go away. Never come back.

>>17083
[X] "Myschi, would you mind pointing me to the nearest bathroom?" Try to ease the tension by winking. "I've got an idiot to wake up."
>> No. 17208
[ze] "Myschi, would you mind pointing me to the nearest bathroom?" Try to ease the tension by winking. "I've got an idiot to wake up."

Why not.
>> No. 17209
File 123848094385.jpg - (112.42KB , 500x550 , 6cc76b662a5ea09e34048c98fe4f7f10.jpg ) [iqdb]
17209
>>17140

I do not quite understand the meaning of your words, but I regret the story not living up to your expectations.

That being said, I leave now to tend to the more boring side of the life. I'll be back in thirteen--slap!-- ten--slap!-- SEVEN--slap!-- FIVE HOURS, and write as soon as it will be possible.
>> No. 17212
>>17209
I DON'T THINK YOU'VE BEEN SLAPPED ENOUGH.
>> No. 17214
>>17212
He's never slapped enough.
>> No. 17221
>>17209
Jesus she looks so cute i want to rape her until that happy face turns into one of despair and pain
>> No. 17225
>>17214

I'm a masochist.

Back, flinging the quill as we speak.
>> No. 17226
File 123850585762.jpg - (185.43KB , 450x600 , 2ffa8e03b9c3892e37ed34444e2e5df6.jpg ) [iqdb]
17226
[X] "Myschi, would you mind pointing me to the nearest bathroom?" Try to ease the tension by winking. "I've got an idiot to wake up."

At least she had enough dignity - and self-awareness - not to come downstairs stark naked, or sporting nothing buy a pair of panties, missing the top part of the underwear. That might have been entertaining - in more than one way - but there's no arguing the current situation would have been also much worse, had she done something as embarrassing.
Not to mention her fingernail feels like a dental bur, intent on breaking its hitherto habits, and drilling in your cheek instead. The thought of snapping at its direction, in hopes of accidentally feeling that chunk of undoubtedly delicious flesh on your tongue... Myschi's glare, however, makes a terrifyingly effective panacea for impure fantasies like these. Works like a miracle, each and every time.
"Sure is nice to be liked by everyone," She chirps, a look of forced innocence on her face. "Iiiisn't it."
Frankly, while the Basic Instincts suggest being somehow satisfied with such a response, their accomplices from the department of Self Preservation raise a protest, and start forcefully encouraging the guys from Body Control to grab Kaguya's nosy finger, and pull it down. Its owner moans in displeasure, which needless to say, sounds not quite like - as far as you can tell - supposed.
"Aaahn~..." Her body slumps further down, rubbing its naughty bits against your back without any regard for all the snoopy looks whatsoever. Can't really tell whether it's good or bad, now... "So warm..." At least in this one matter she's right - it is warm. Incredibly warm. As ridiculous as it may sound, Kaguya snuggles up even closer, rubbing her head against your neck. "Let's go to sleep together~..."
The fabric of reality itself seems to have started cracking around Myschi's clenched fists. Uh-oh, this is bad - this is seriously dangerous for the well-being of your potential descendants. Think! - and quick!
"Myschi," You blunder with your mind still blank, absorbed in trying NOT to pay any heed to Kaguya's everything, but recording it all for later use at the same time. "Would you, er, mind pointing me to the nearest bathroom?"
If CG special effects could be applied to real life, she could go with a cracking glass noise and pattern over her head right now.
"Ba-bathroom?" She raises a fist. "W-why exactly would you need to go there now, of all times?"
Ack, scary! Authentically scary! The killer intent rings clearly in the air - and your mind is wiped clean yet again. Hurry up, do something, ANYTHING!
So you do. Wink like an idiot would when faced with an angry, hungry lion.
"I've got an idiot to wake up, so..." You nod your chin at Kaguya, barely noticing she's fallen asleep while still hanging off your shoulders. "Please?"
It fades! Only a bit, but it fades away, no doubt!
"Out the door. To the right. Right one is ladies'." Her voice is still unstrung, but by the time she opens her mouth to add something more, you're long gone. "Hey!"


(...)


There was no way you could get yourself to enter the women's restroom, so instead, you took the sleeping dunderhead to the one she'd never otherwise use. It's only for a brief moment anyway, no one should have any complaints.
Anyhow, seeing how she hasn't even woken up over the course of your dragging her here, you let out a quiet sigh, and grab her a little firmer - of course, careful not to grab anything forbidden - and turn the water on. Blue knob. Icy cold. When it reaches the below zero temperature, so easily achievable in shabby resorts like this one, scoop a palm of it...

... and slap it against Kaguya's unaware face.
"--GAH?!" The reaction is immediate - she springs back to consciousness so quickly as a person who's just been splashed with freezing water should. Having been released from your embrace, she stands on her own, and begins to cough heavily.
In the meantime, you turn the water off, and whisk your palms off into the sink.
"Finally."
"I'll give you 'finally'!" Kaguya gasps out in between hacks. "What the heck was that for?!"
Ah, it is rare to see her use something resembling a curse word, but it can mean only one thing - she's seriously in shock. You know better than to leave the iron to cool off, though, and move in to repay her earlier torment...
... in other words, grab her cheeks and tug on them 'till she forgets about the water, and starts to try and pull your hands off instead. No use, but there's some malicious satisfaction in paying her back in kind.
"Be glad I didn't go Casino Royale on your butt." You remark in a playful tone.
"Ow, ow, ow, ow--" Ah, and now she's given up. How easily defeated. "I get it--!" She squeals. "I get it, so let me go~!"
Playtime's over, you guess, and abide by the plead. It looks so incredibly cute when she's massaging her cheeks, water still dribbling down her face, you're having hard time not smiling. But, experience does its thing, and your face remains still as those from the Christmas Island.
"Sure aren't taking it easy, are you..."
Kaguya glances up at you from under the wet fringe.
"I told you I'd be--... Oh, nevermind. More importantly..." She pauses for a moment, as though looking for applicable words. "... did Mokou talk with you last night-- er, or this morning, rather?"

[ ] "Talked?" Snort. "More like kicked my ego all around the room, actually. Don't know why you'd want to know that, though."
[ ] "... maybe. But that aside, what are you doing downstairs? Go back to bed, Kaguya. Or I'll carry you back there myself."
[ ] "Oh, yeah. We had a nice, long chat about this and that. Why?"

==

Took a little longer than I had intended to, but... It's finally here. Finally here, so read away!

>>17221

Oh, me too, friend. Me too.
>> No. 17227
[ ] "... maybe. But that aside, what are you doing downstairs? Go back to bed, Kaguya. Or I'll carry you back there myself."

Private issues are just that.

I hope you're enjoying writing this.
>> No. 17228
[x] "... maybe. But that aside, what are you doing downstairs? Go back to bed, Kaguya. Or I'll carry you back there myself."

I really never thought that you could write anywhere else beside /shrine/ plus you were only good at writing Reimu.
But it is entertaining so far with wanting to read more.
Your unique "style" shines through which is not a bad thing. You can change yourself but not your style without screwing yourself over.
I would like to see more Mokou in this story. You write her good.
>> No. 17230
>>17226
[X] "Talked?" Snort. "More like kicked my ego all around the room, actually. Don't know why you'd want to know that, though."
>> No. 17234
[ ] "Talked?" Snort. "More like kicked my ego all around the room, actually. Don't know why you'd want to know that, though."

This Kaguya is just adorable.
>> No. 17235
{X} "Talked?" Snort. "More like kicked my ego all around the room, actually. Don't know why you'd want to know that, though."
>> No. 17237
[x] "Talked?" Snort. "More like kicked my ego all around the room, actually. Don't know why you'd want to know that, though."
>> No. 17239
[x] "Talked?" Snort. "More like kicked my ego all around the room, actually. Don't know why you'd want to know that, though."
[x] "... maybe. But that aside, what are you doing downstairs? Go back to bed, Kaguya. Or I'll carry you back there myself."
>> No. 17240
[ ] "Talked?" Snort. "More like kicked my ego all around the room, actually. Don't know why you'd want to know that, though."
>> No. 17242
Myes, powering up finger muscles. Commence writing procedures.
>> No. 17244
File 123853024934.jpg - (85.90KB , 647x595 , 1064477.jpg ) [iqdb]
17244
[x] "Talked?" Snort. "More like kicked my ego all around the room, actually. Don't know why you'd want to know that, though."

Her eyes are probably what you should be concentrating on now, but circumstances have it that there's something else drawing your eyes with the force of a diesel-powered tractor. Trickles of water, sparkling on her smooth skin in the light of a single, yellow lightbulb hung by the ceiling, dribbling down her face, chin, neck, and - in their teasing, perverted spite - down her cleavage, so deliciously free for you to admire. Completely heedless to that fact, she continues to stare at you from behind a set of glistening strands of hair.
But while the sight of her low neckline would be enough to awaken a slumbering Elder God, she asked you a question, no? It would be only polite to answer.
"Talked?" You repeat, if only to buy a few second more before finally ungluing your eyes from the undoubtedly beautiful sight. When did pink pajamas become so erotic? Nevermind. "Hah." You exhale with a snort. Kaguya's face doesn't change. "More like kicked my ego all around the room, actually."
"Wha-- Wait, no." She finally gives some kind of reaction. Confusion seems to be it this time. "What do you mean, 'kicked around'?"
You give her suddenly puzzled face a neutral shrug.
"Exactly that. Not physically, of course." You add, seeing Kaguya's mouth open. "But, yeah - she did give my cojones a solid punt, speaking metaphorically."
"That girl--..." For a change, it's your turn to become muzzy all of a sudden, when Kaguya slaps her palm against her wet forehead, sending little droplets of water all around. As if in rubbing it in, she wriggles her wrist around for a bit, before shooting you a glance from between the fingers. "Er, forget it... Ah."
It would seem the realization has finally found its way through her thick - but hellishly tempting - skin, and informed the sleepy, barely awake mind of the state of the former. She runs a hand through her hair, and scans the area you've been scanning for a while now. Her cheeks - the ones already a bit pink from your harass, flush a bit more at the discovery.
"Towel?" You suggest, only to be sank by a quick, yet incredibly destructive glare.
"I'll go get mine, thanks." Even when she passes by, you dare not to move a finger. Or an eyeball. The angle could have supplied pleasant memories to remember, but that'd be synonymous with signing a pact with the devil - the devil of pajama fetishists. Stopping at the door, Kaguya turns around one, last time. "I'm flattered, but try at least hide it next time."
It slams shut behind her, leaving you to ponder the sense of saving these images in your internal memory databank.


(...)


Myschi's scowl and everyone else's ignorance greets you back in the cafeteria - at least it apparently no one noticed Kaguya's little excess of coming downstairs half-asleep. One the other good side, thanks to that, and the... let's call it - stimulation - your own consciousness seems to have woken up a little more as well. Now, on the bad side...
"Waked her up completely?" Myschi's voice bears the scent of cyanide. Her pouting lips, as she asks the vicious question, not even looking in your direction, can only mean one thing - either she's just had her salary lowered 100%, or the wood she had put so much effort in got cold. A short glance at your unfinished meal opts behind the latter. "Sure is nice to have fun in the morning."
"Myschi," It doesn't even take any real effort to make your tone apologetic. Somehow, it comes out naturally. "Stop with these weird suggestions, please."
She pouts even harder. The wine glass in her hands begins to spin dangerously fast under the dishcloth. A little more, and her fingers won't be able to keep up with the pace.
"I'm just saying you're being too kind."
"Too kind?" You cease swallowing the cold eggs in as few bites as possible, and once again take a look at Myschi's angry face. She's jealous - oh, she's SO obviously jealous. "Life has taught me no such word should exist in a man's dictionary."
With a clink full of relief, the glass lands back under the counter. Myschi, having disappeared from your sight, lowers her voice, as well as her tone, and speaks again, so silent you can barely make the words out.
"You never come to wake me up..."
"What?"
"Nothing!"
She raises from under the tabletop, and grants you a single, annoyed glance, before turning around - pretending to be looking at the fine selection of alcohols on the shelf behind. Not fast enough to hide the blush that's taken over her cutely flustered face.
You gulp down the last bits of bread, and lean forward, sliding the plate away. Myschi quivers at the sound.
"Look," You start, as friendly as possible. "I can't wake you up, because I work at night, and you - in the early morning. Sorry, but it's physically impossible to--"
"I said it's nothing!" She suddenly spins towards you, not hiding her perturbed expression anymore. Her eyes gleam with immature shame. Her cheeks - emanate with red hue, and her teeth - glimmer ominously in the light of the fluorescent lamps above. "Not-a-thing!" She repeats, a bit louder. Actually, much louder. So loud it makes you back away a little. Unsure how to respond to such an obvious attack on your inner White Knight, you remain mute, entrapped in this awkward, but also someways nice daze. "Cut me some slack already, geez!"
"Myschi, you're--"
But the one to cut the slack wasn't destinied to be you. A loud jingle comes from within the crowded area of the hall - and turning there, just like everyone else present - you discover Aya, standing at her table, with a cup and a spoon raised high in the air. Her mouth is - of course - stretched in an overconfident grin.
"Listen up, insects!" She declaims in a strong, booming voice that suffers no defiance. "The time of leisure is over! All of you had your share of food, now it's time to get to work and earn it!" A displeased groan carries through the room. With the corner of your eye, you notice Kourin slouching in his chair. Miss Keine observes the director girl with polite interest painted over her face, while Akyu... Well, Akyu, noticing your attention, sends you a cheerful wave. You answer in kind, although a lot more stealthily. "Our timetable for today is as follows!" Aya whips out a crumpled piece of paper from her skirt's pocket, and after a theatrical cough, begins to read aloud. "One! Visit to the local shrine! Two! Check if it's haunted like the rumors say! Three! Return to the hotel! Four! Roll the last few scenes with extras! Five! Rehearse Kaguya's new script! Six! Bid our obedient worms a farewell! Seven! Dance party! And eight! Final shot!" Myschi clicks her tongue when Aya squashes the plan into a creased ball, and throws it over her shoulder. "Is that clear?!"
An unsure grumble rolls through all the 'worms' and 'slaves', but in the end... No one dares to question Aya's commands.
Rubbing your still aching forehead, you let out a sigh.
>> No. 17245
(...)

Having assembled at the front desk, the lot of you awaits patiently the end of Aya's preparations - preparations where she counts everyone over and over, intent on making sure no one is missing.
In the disarray, you notice - through a couple of windowed doors on the opposite end of the hall - Kaguya and Mokou making their way to where everyone was stationed fifteen or so minutes ago. Kaguya is busy talking about something, but Mokou exhibits more awareness...
... and gives you a brief look of her blase eyes from the other side.

When she turns away, not changing her face even once, you feel a tingle in the back of your head.


(...)


The sky is gray. Or to be more precise - the clouds covering it are gray. Menacingly, dully grey, painted in a colour that can only forebode a heavy rain to befall the ones who walk beneath it in the nearest future. Through this grim, baleful world, where old-fashioned - or outright old and rundown - houses are the only variety from the bumpy roads made of fieldstone, your procession strolls - led by, as usual, Aya and her friend, closely followed by you, then the worms and slaves of the neighboring club, and finally Kourin. Miss Keine is the one to keep the back watch this time, like Mokou before, keeping her distance from everyone else. Or maybe just from Kourin.
As always, someone grabs a hold of your hand, and looking down, you discover it to belong to the usual, heartening person of Akyu. She smiles when you nod her a greeting. It would seem, that out of everyone important (which excludes the Theater Club guys), only her and Aya are in relatively high spirits.

The humid air is hard and tiring to breathe.

Or is it only an effect of the lack of sleep?

"So we're going to finish the movie today, hm?" Akyu says excitedly. "I can't wait to see the new final scene!"
Her voice is a balsam for your ears, in this gloomy and unfriendly looking world.

[ ] Even so, it's worrying. Ask Akyu to walk on her own for a moment, while you exchange a few words with Kourin.
[ ] Leave your only fan alone? Not a possibility. Plus, you might try to probe her for some information...
[ ] Nod, and keep walking. Just pass the time thinking of blue almonds.
[ ] Suggest Akyu to cheer Kourin up a little, while you see what's wrong with miss Keine.
>> No. 17246
[ ] Even so, it's worrying. Ask Akyu to walk on her own for a moment, while you exchange a few words with Kourin.

>"You never come to wake me up..."

Oh, Myschi. You're so cute at not hiding your jealousy and affection for us.
>> No. 17247
[x] Suggest Akyu to cheer Kourin up a little, while you see what's wrong with miss Keine.
>> No. 17251
File 123853754311.png - (394.82KB , 900x1200 , da3cdcc26bf55b11cc5e821f58bddc3c.png ) [iqdb]
17251
>>17228
>I really never thought that you could write anywhere else beside /shrine/ plus you were only good at writing Reimu.

Appearances, as well as prejudices mislead - is all I can say.

>Your unique "style" shines through which is not a bad thing. You can change yourself but not your style without screwing yourself over.

I am going to need way, way more experience to freely manipulate my English's style, as I do with my Polish. It should come with time, or so I hope. Until then, I am strapped to this tiny field I've known and tended to. Just wait for the crops to bloom, and spread their seed to the farther regions - I know I am.

>I would like to see more Mokou in this story. You write her good.

Do not worry, unless you avoid her on purpose, she is going to make many more appearances. Though... I thought I made her a bit, hm... unlikeable?

>>17227
>I hope you're enjoying writing this.

I so am. Here's hoping it's as enjoyable for the readers as it is for me.
>> No. 17252
[X] Even so, it's worrying. Ask Akyu to walk on her own for a moment, while you exchange a few words with Kourin.
>> No. 17257
[X] Even so, it's worrying. Ask Akyu to walk on her own for a moment, while you exchange a few words with Kourin.
>> No. 17261
[X] Even so, it's worrying. Ask Akyu to walk on her own for a moment, while you exchange a few words with Kourin.

While I'd rather not leave our adorable little fan alone, I'd like to hear what happened straight from the gloomy horse's mouth.

>>17251

>Though... I thought I made her a bit, hm... unlikeable?

I certainly hope that wasn't your intention, since she's quite the opposite. Even setting aside my own bias for her I enjoy your version quite a bit.
>> No. 17274
>Do not worry, unless you avoid her on purpose, she is going to make many more appearances. Though... I thought I made her a bit, hm... unlikeable?

You did. This doesn't mean it's a bad characterization. It keeps things realistic, and makes the main character more sympathetic. Despite the protagonist being a dashing, sarcastic movie star with a number of Touhou friends and a digressive inner monologue, never does he enter the masturbatory realm that haunted many of your works in /shrine/.
>> No. 17292
[X] Even so, it's worrying. Ask Akyu to walk on her own for a moment, while you exchange a few words with Kourin.
>> No. 17318
[x] Even so, it's worrying. Ask Akyu to walk on her own for a moment, while you exchange a few words with Kourin.
>> No. 17319
[x] Even so, it's worrying. Ask Akyu to walk on her own for a moment, while you exchange a few words with Kourin.

Huh, I didn't realize it was you. Oh well, update moar please.
>> No. 17321
Hmmm. Well, all right, leaving a response and thoughts, then:

It got better. Maybe the previous posts were too melancholy and stuff, or maybe the characters get more unlikable closer to sex.

I might be imagining things.

Long story short is you're doing okay. I can keep reading this.
>> No. 17332
File 123858801026.jpg - (280.00KB , 667x697 , 922ecfc95b68245fb635e12ab4972cd7.jpg ) [iqdb]
17332
>>17321

Thank you for your feedback, Atai. I think I now have the problem's source pinpointed - the only thing that remains is to keep watch over my steps, not to step on the mine again.

>>17319
>Oh well, update moar please.

As much as I would like to, the current sum of circumstances (health, time, work) allows only two or three blocks of text a day. It is entirely the fault of my lifestyle, not the votes' speed or anything, and I hope the arrival of Spring (At last! Hooray!) will aid me in getting back on my feet.

That being said - I'm taking a day off from real life today. Writing in a couple of quarters, hours at worst - 'A Year In The Merde' hasn't been touched by my eyes in weeks, and it seems to demand a bit of carressing on this enjoyably peaceful day.
>> No. 17336
Caught a goose, took one of its feathers, and... inking it up. Be wary of my impending updates.
>> No. 17337
>I am going to need way, way more experience to freely manipulate my English's style, as I do with my Polish. It should come with time, or so I hope. Until then, I am strapped to this tiny field I've known and tended to. Just wait for the crops to bloom, and spread their seed to the farther regions - I know I am.

It's good enough as it is, can't expect you to write like HY or Owen.
I think it did you good that you left /shrine/ and tried something else. Some guy in the the long autosage thread said you should try writing outside of it, he was damn right with what he said. Make a sightseeing tour to every corner of the board and hey
>Want to know my secret? Personal experience.
/at/ still needs a writer, it might not be as glorious or rewarding as some other parts, but you write them hot.
Not instant, rather some 2 or 3 choices that lead to different scenes. Just some suggestions. Don't want to take your creativity away.
>> No. 17339
File 123860523852.jpg - (105.21KB , 277x843 , 02ed059bb2681ad703d4e311a013f8ed.jpg ) [iqdb]
17339
[X] Even so, it's worrying. Ask Akyu to walk on her own for a moment, while you exchange a few words with Kourin.

In defiance of that, your mind remains stirred up, despite Akyu's - apparent- efforts to bring a little bit of jolly daylight under the grey shroud of reality. Which doesn't mean it doesn't work at all - no, it would take a ton more worries to block out the feeling of her petite fingers entwined with yours tapping the top of your palm in some sort of a tune that's probably playing inside her head as she walks along briskly, unaware of everyone's downcast moods.
Actually, let's retcon that. The Theater Club guys are apparently too busy discussing something equally cryptic to their yesterday's conversation to feel low - in spite of being the ones to be called 'slaves' by Aya. Their mistress herself seems happy with torturing her friend with a tyrade made solely of praises towards a certain, recent movie. The victim doesn't appear to as much as give a single ounce of damn. That leaves you, Kourin and miss Keine to mourn whatever mournable there is. For you - lack of sleep; and for those two...
"Akyu," You look your fan in the eyes with an expression as serious as it is possible in the face of her smile. She responds with a curious nod. "I need to exchange a few words with Kourin."
Someone meddles with the gamma correction slider in your head when Akyu's smile dims down.
"Oh." She mumbles. "Aw."
The feeling of her hands sliding away from your grasp leaves a hole the size of a 30mm anti-armor round in your chest. Nevertheless, you just couldn't leave your only male mate hanging, could you? That'd be suicidal in the current company, and practically synonymous with sudden and painful effemination.
"Sorry," You lower your chin with genuine regret. "Just for a moment, okay?"
Reluctantly, but she nods. Your heart can only bleed and whine in vain when you step aside, and let the noisy section of the procession graze by. Kourin gives you a grim look when you pop up at his side, and align your pace with yours.
"Oh." He grunts, returning his eyes to the bland world ahead. "What's up?"
His voice leaves no space for imagination - whatever happened back at the hotel, he's not hiding the grief. Glancing over your shoulder, you see miss Keine slowly following behind, now even farther than before. Similarly to your friend, she avoids eye contact at all costs, acting as if though admiring the poor architecture of the town. Either she too had a bad night, or is simply into such rural climates.
When your group takes another swerve, tracing along the walls of a ruined, red-brick warehouse. Rows of broken windows suggest it being only a remnant of what it used to be. If it wasn't for all the graffiti, one could think the place had been long abandoned. No, in fact, you think you can spy a piece of art that wasn't here the last time you strolled by. Death to Hakurei - it says, written in large, curvy letters. It must have been hurried - the last word can barely be called finished. Someone else, using a red spray, crossed it out, marking several lines over his predecessor's creation. Doesn't this speak much of the locals.
"That's what I'd like to know." You tear your eyes away from the spectacle of intolerance, and ask in an encouraging tone. "You've been down all morning. Something happened?"
Kourin slumps even more, glancing away. His uneasiness is almost tangible.
"... nothing important." He mutters.
"Bullshit." Imitating Mokou's tone, you smack the guy on the shoulder, if only to get the adrenaline running a bit. "It's been months since I last saw you so depressed, and it was after your pet hamster had died."
Now at least he gives you a brief, but incredibly expressive glare.
"No, it's something different." Incredibly short glare too. "... it's about Keine." He finally mouths, in a voice so silent, it's barely audible.
"What happened?" You urge, smacking him again. Perhaps it doesn't do any good for the condition of his muscles, but at least the instincts do their thing - and make him glance at you every time you do that. "Spill the beans."
Discreetly, he steals a spy shot over his shoulder, checking - obviously - if the object of his about to begin gossips is far enough away not to hear anything. She is.
Kourin sighs.
"... last night." He picks up the courage after a few seconds. "We were in my room... Discussing the details of the movie's publication. You know," Again, a short glance. "The movie's sponsored by our Academy, right?"
"Yup."
"So obviously," He resumes. "All the paperwork has to be done by her - the one taking care of the Circle. At least officially."
You nod. Yeah, officially, miss Keine is the patroning teacher of the club. In practice, Aya is the one making rules. Not even the officials dare to question her motivations and doings.
"Aha."
"So we were... talking about it all, since I'm the one doing all the post-production work..." Kourin continues. "... and then the conversation just started drifting onto different topics... You know, the ordinary stuff. Hobbies, careers, news. Nothing out of the ordinary. The mood got kind of nice, and I thought it would be nice if I... made a remark... about..." His voice falls to a whisper, as do his eyes - only to the dirty pavement. "... maybe complimented her... or something."
"Woo." You cheer unenthusiastically. "Nice ride, macho."
Kourin fixes his glasses with a finger, buying enough time for the group to enter another of the side alleys. Here too one can witness the creativity of the local young. It would also seem the Hakurei person wasn't quite liked around these parts. Wishing him - or her - death is one of the least threatening things you can make out of the tangle of letters. The atmosphere doesn't quite suit the topic of the conversation, now does it. Kourin must be pretty knocked off the tracks too.
"... so I said it. I told her she looked beautiful." You can tell he's doing his best to hide the slight blush. How un-manly is that? But, there are people, and there are stools, and so you keep quiet as he collects the continuously dropping courage. "At first she tried to laugh it off as a joke, but... Then... She returned the favour... And I just... Sort of moved on... She too... And when we were about to... Kiss..."
"Mhm?" You find yourself urging with genuine anticipation. "Yeah?"
"... Akyu came searching for her." Kourin finally blurts out, burying his face in his hands.
Is... is that it? Just that? Those two are acting like they are solely because of that?
"Wait." You hold back an inadequate giggle. "So you got walked on, and you're like this?"
"She's been awfully quiet ever since then!" Kourin spouts. "I... I can actually understand - she's a teacher, and I'm a student, but..."
You can only scratch your head as Kourin falls silent again, this time for good.

[ ] "Alright, then." Give him another smack. "I'll distract Akyu, and you go apologize. Now. Yes, right now. Take her, and disappear for half an hour or so. I'll humour Aya if she makes a fuss."
[ ] "You silly bugger. Hey!" Turn to Keine. "Miss Keine! This chicken here doesn't know how to say 'sorry'! Would you kindly give him a lecture on ethics?"
[ ] "That indeed is a problem." Tap your chin, knowingly. "But there's a party coming up tonight, no? Show her what a gentleman you are there. I can tell - miss Keine is into gents."
[ ] "Okay." Clench your fist. "Excuse me my Aya-ness, but it's time to form a battle plan! And I know just the perfect individual to help us. Akyu, come up for a second, hm?"
>> No. 17353
[x] "That indeed is a problem." Tap your chin, knowingly. "But there's a party coming up tonight, no? Show her what a gentleman you are there. I can tell - miss Keine is into gents."

/others/ - Brothers from other mothers
>> No. 17356
File 123861762024.jpg - (343.34KB , 1546x1476 , Moving Making Adventure Storie.jpg ) [iqdb]
17356
[x] "That indeed is a problem." Tap your chin, knowingly. "But there's a party coming up tonight, no? Show her what a gentleman you are there. I can tell - miss Keine is into gents."
>> No. 17364
[x] "You dumb nigger. Hey!" Turn to Keine. "Miss Keine! This chicken here doesn't know how to say 'sorry'! Would you kindly give him a lecture on ethics?"

I can't tell if you people are intentionally trying to screw Kourin over, or if you just don't understand the relationship dynamic here at all.
>> No. 17368
[X] "You silly bugger. Hey!" Turn to Keine. "Miss Keine! This chicken here doesn't know how to say 'sorry'! Would you kindly give him a lecture on ethics?"
>> No. 17370
[x] "Don't give me that 'student and teacher relationship is forbidden' bullcrap, Kourin. So someone walked in on you, big deal. Just apologize when you get the chance, and confess your feelings to her"
>> No. 17371
[x] "Don't give me that 'student and teacher relationship is forbidden' bullcrap, Kourin. So someone walked in on you, big deal. Just apologize when you get the chance, and confess your feelings to her"
>> No. 17372
[x] "Don't give me that 'student and teacher relationship is forbidden' bullcrap, Kourin. So someone walked in on you, big deal. Just apologize when you get the chance, and confess your feelings to her"
>> No. 17373
[x] "Don't give me that 'student and teacher relationship is forbidden' bullcrap, Kourin. So someone walked in on you, big deal. Just apologize when you get the chance, and confess your feelings to her"
>> No. 17374
[x] "Don't give me that 'student and teacher relationship is forbidden' bullcrap, Kourin. So someone walked in on you, big deal. Just apologize when you get the chance, and confess your feelings to her"

Changing vote.
>> No. 17375
>>17339
[X] "Don't give me that 'student and teacher relationship is forbidden' bullcrap, Kourin. So someone walked in on you, big deal. Just apologize when you get the chance, and confess your feelings to her"

Nice
>> No. 17448
>>17356

Sweet mother of Alice, sir. You are simply AWESOME!
First thread, and I've already got a drawing. Wonder when a movie is going to pop up, heh.
>> No. 17458
>>17448
Time to call GONZO

[x] "Don't give me that 'student and teacher relationship is forbidden' bullcrap, Kourin. So someone walked in on you, big deal. Just apologize when you get the chance, and confess your feelings to her"
>> No. 17463
>>17332
That picture alone is thanks enough.