[Return]
Archived Thread

File 12352388111.jpg - (53.15KB , 574x365 , cluehou.jpg ) [iqdb]
14516 No. 14516
The faint staccato of gentle rain patters out an arrhythmic beat on the windshield, the indistinct scenery of a cold, wet country night passes you by as the car slices through the night. The gnarled countryside looks so dead in the winter to your eyes, the huge expanses of of fields so open and bare, bordered on all sides by scrubby brambles, it all looks so bleak. Frankly you'll be glad to finish whatever business you were called out here for as soon as possible, so you can be on your way. It's impossible for you to relax in these surroundings, already you pine for the familiar sights and sounds of the city.

"Bloody miserable night, ain't it?"
The driver.....
"Quite."
Your not really in the mood to converse with the crimson haired woman behind the wheel, disheartened by your surroundings and vaguely ill from travel by car you'd rather hold you silence until you get there. Undeterred by your non-concomitant answer she goes on in a friendly manner.
"The old men back at the gas station were holding bets on whether there'd be a storm a' coming, apparently it can flood something fierce 'round these hills."

Stifling a small sigh you turn your attention away from the streaking scenery and to your chatty companion, it seems she won't be leaving you be any time soon so you may as well humor her. In the dim interior of the car you can make out a figure in the driver's seat before you, with one hand on the wheel and the other squirming in her pocket.

"I'd prey that the old man's storm never comes," You say as she fishes a small packet from the depths of her clothes. "Anything that deters me here for longer than absolutely necessary will be insufferable."
"Mmm," A vague grunt is your answer, she plucks a cigarette from the packet and sticks it between her lips before offering the pack to you.
"Want one?"
"I don't smoke." You reply demurely, with a shrug she returns them to the folds of her uniform and lights her own, the yellow flame illuminating her face for a moment. Her soft, round features and ready grin gives you a better impression of what kind of person she is as sweet tobacco smoke fills the cab.

Passing the time chatting with this woman is marginally more agreeable than staring listlessly out the window so you spend the remainder of the journey talking of the weather and politics, frightfully dry stuff but suitable nevertheless. She's actually quite a likable sort your driver, unconcerned with the concepts of class and status while not too left wing in her politics, your conversation helps drive off the sound of incessant rain.

Up and through the hills you go, over roads not meant for cars, crossing swollen streams and by foreboding woods filled with shadows. Why Lord Scarlet ever wanted to live in this place is beyond you, miles from anything even remotely resembling civilization seclusion is it's only merit. Sadly for him, you think to yourself, seclusion shan't.....

"I believe that would be the mansion gates, ma'am?"
As you crest the final rise of the hill the trees suddenly fall away to open, well manicured grass before a tall red brick wall mounted with an ornate iron gate. Past that looms a great mansion built in a style over fifty years out of date, you doubt it has access to electricity or even working plumbing to your dismay. You feel a pang of longing for your modest flat in the heart of the city.

"Straight on please, driver. They're expecting me so I should think there's someone to open the gate."

And you're right, of course, a harried looking maid huddling under a flimsy umbrella scurries out and clears the way for you. The gravel drive way crunches under tyre as you coast slowly through the mansion grounds, behind you there is an audible clang as the gates are shut. Even in the abysmal light you're able to make out a few of the mansion's feature; an open garage with no fewer than four cars, a glass roofed structure no doubt a greenhouse or conservatory, a few out lying sheds and finally the rather grand main entrance to which you are headed. A small cluster of servants stand under the arch before the front door, ready to take your bags as you enter and trying to avoid the rain.

The car rolls to a stop before the house, then the driver leans over her seat to speak to you.
"When do you want me again?"
"I doubt the mansion has a telephone, return in two days if you would."
"And if the roads are closed?"
"Then at your earliest possible convince!"
You snap at her irritably, you'd rather not dwell on the fact you might be stuck here for any length of time. She simply tips her cap to you then kills the engine, the subtle rumble of the car comes to a halt.

Steeling yourself for the ordeal ahead you place a hand upon the door handle, already the servants have begun to attend to the trunk and your possessions. As you open the door, the driver calls one last thing to you.
"Nice talking to you ma'am, see you in two days."
You smile.
"Yes, you too."

With a clunk the door swings open and you step out into the deluge outside, the rain no longer gentle by anyone's standards. Immediately a jolly looking girl with long blond hair and a plump,ruddy face, carrying an umbrella goes to your side.

"Welcome to the Rose Manner, my lady."
"Have the others arrived?"
"Yes, you're the last my lady. I'll send someone ahead to inform the lord that.....?"

She's asking you who to say has arrived.

===========================

[ ] Miss Remillia Scarlet, Lord Scarlet's niece. She arrives with her sister Flandre and her personal maid Sakuya.

[ ] Marisa Kirisame, one of Lord Scarlet's business partners.

[ ] Ran Yakumo, a friend of a friend. She was asked to come alone.

[ ] Reisen Udongein Inaba, a representative for another set of Lord Scarlet's business partners, sent in their place when they said they couldn't come.

>> No. 14517
[ ] Ran Yakumo, a friend of a friend. She was asked to come alone.
>> No. 14518
File 123523947592.jpg - (207.82KB , 451x600 , 1234749056892.jpg ) [iqdb]
14518
Okay a little explanation here. I'll be running this for a while to get back into the swing of writing, it should be short but unexpected things have happened before. The whole things should last about three or four game days.

It is, of course, loosely based around the Cluedo board game and film but obviously won't be identical. The idea is to find the clues, construct a theory of the murder and propose this to the other house guests, if it's wrong then you'll eliminate that possibility and if it's right then you win the game. So there's no massive consequence for having a wrong answer other than the real culprit will start tying to hide their tracks, you can only lose if you don't find the murderer by the end of those three or four days.

Lord Scarlet will be murdered the night after this, one of the guests in the house did it and everyone had a motive. Each character also has a few shady deals that might be uncovered during a police investigation so those that didn't commit the murder will want to find the culprit rather than come under suspicion themselves.

It is also possible for you to commit the murder, as I said everyone has a reason in this house, but to avoid you just dashing in for the murder option because it's kind of cool without thinking things through there will be only one chance to kill Lord Scarlet yourself. There's a window of opportunity, before that he will be around other people and after that he will already be dead. If you commit the murder your job is to get away with it, either by pinning it on someone else or by not being discovered after the days are over.

There will be a storm that hits early morning the day after the murder and traps everyone in the house for one or two days because the roads are closed, hooray for cliche plot devices!

Other than that each character has their own special advantages to help with their investigation, I can tell you what they are if you really like but I think it's more fun to pick who you want to play rather than the person that's best at detective work. I'll tell you your advantages once you've chosen.

As a side note, Sakuya and Flandre are also potential culprits but they aren't characters you can chose to play as.

Other than that I can't think of anything, ask any questions you wish and I'll answer best I can.
>> No. 14519
[ ] Marisa Kirisame, one of Lord Scarlet's business partners.
>> No. 14520
[ ] Ran Yakumo, a friend of a friend. She was asked to come alone.
>> No. 14521
File 123523993921.png - (666.77KB , 733x733 , 12085573062.png ) [iqdb]
14521
[X] Marisa Kirisame, one of Lord Scarlet's business partners.
>> No. 14522
[X] Marisa Kirisame, one of Lord Scarlet's business partners.

I have a feeling that this could be awesome
>> No. 14523
[ ] Marisa Kirisame, one of Lord Scarlet's business partners.
>> No. 14524
[X] Marisa Kirisame, one of Lord Scarlet's business partners.
>> No. 14525
[ ] Miss Remillia Scarlet, Lord Scarlet's niece. She arrives with her sister Flandre and her personal maid Sakuya.
>> No. 14526
[X] Marisa Kirisame, one of Lord Scarlet's business partners.
>> No. 14527
[X] Miss Remillia Scarlet, Lord Scarlet's niece. She arrives with her sister Flandre and her personal maid Sakuya.

Vote the unvotable!
>> No. 14529
[X] Miss Remillia Scarlet, Lord Scarlet's niece. She arrives with her sister Flandre and her personal maid Sakuya.
>> No. 14530
>>14528

Interesting, if you can think of a motive for murder I'll consider it.
>> No. 14531
File 123524529891.jpg - (105.63KB , 458x390 , Cirno glasses.jpg ) [iqdb]
14531
[x] Ms. Cirno Whiterock Esq., Executrix for the Last Will and Testament of Lord Scarlet

DOHOHOHOHOHO
>> No. 14532
>>14530

If she herself is a beneficiary; if she's been embezzling his assets; if she's been paid off to whack the guy and change his will to benefit another party.
>> No. 14533
File 123524576119.jpg - (127.83KB , 480x640 , 1234950165092.jpg ) [iqdb]
14533
>>14532

Okay Cirno can be a beneficiary. If you REALLY want to play Cirno that's fine, but chose a character to replace as I'm sticking with four to avoid making things too long. I'll leave voting open just a little longer.
>> No. 14534
>>14533

Nobody voted for Reisen. Having another business partner when you already have Marisa is a bit superfluous.
>> No. 14535
>>14534
Well there hasn't been an influx of Cirno votes so I guess she's out. Reisen has a unique reason to be here BTW, she doesn't cross over with Marisa's reason but I guess you won't find out exactly what I mean until the end~
>> No. 14536
File 123525245366.jpg - (70.01KB , 600x800 , 1235196357738.jpg ) [iqdb]
14536
"Send word that Marisa Kirisame has arrived, thanks."
"At once, my lady."
The maid bobs a little curtsy, tipping the umbrella and sending water cascading down your back as she does, then harries another maid to go ahead. With a weary smile and a spreading cold feeling on your back, you put a hand on the girl's shoulders.
"What's your name, miss?"
"Me?" She blinks at you. "Oh, no one important. Just a maid."
"Come on now, a pretty girl like you has got to have a pretty name right?"
Seems you caught her off guard with that one, blushing she turns away to hide her face and shrugging off your hand.
"It's Frisca, my lady."
"Wonderful! As I said, pretty name for a pretty girl." You allow a note of warning to drop into your voice. "And stop with all that My Lady crap, Marisa is fine, okay?"
"Yes, my-. Miss Marisa."
Mumbling at you she at least does as you say, clearly uncomfortable with being on equal terms with someone she must of assumed was from the upper class, but you didn't work yourself half to death to hear people call you "my lady" and what not like some kind of toff born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

======

You are Marisa Kirisame, a rising star in the business world. Your ruthless tactics and keen eye for a market has propelled you from a humble corner shop to a global chain. You worked hard to build your empire from the sweat of your own brow, but when you were starting out you were forced to make some deals with people of a less than reputable nature. For years you've had to grudgingly pay back "favors" to various individuals, you were loathe to do it but over time you've managed to regain control over most your assets. Only one man stands between you and regaining total ownership of your company, Lord Scarlet, who owns a majority share in your company. In the past he's blocked some moves you've wanted to make, looking out for his own interests rather than the company's. A few years ago you signed a deal with him that would return his share of the company to you upon his death, at first you thought you could outlive him but the old bastard has refused to die peacefully. Lately you've been considering taking his life into your own hands.

Marisa has two unique abilities to help her investigation of the mansion murder. Firstly, Marisa is a habitual liar. Most people will learn to mistrust the things you say shortly after meeting you, the advantage to this is that when you're telling a real lie you're more likely to get away with it. You don't have an obvious tell so it's harder for people to pry the truth out of you.

Your second advantage is money, cold hard cash. As everyone knows, money talks! You've learned this lesson well in your line of work, there's few obstacles that can't be bypassed with a flash of cash you find. From the start you have $300 to use as you see fit, bribing the staff to get them to talk is a good tactic but you'll probably find Remillia would be insulted by such an offer. The more money you wave around the more forth coming a person is likely to be, but you have a limited supply.

===========================

"Well Frisca, how long do you plan on having me stand out here in the rain?"
"Oh no!" Flustered by your playful jab she grabs your arm and begins to pull you towards the mansion, hearing the crackle of gravel behind you as the car pulls away from the house the maid urges you on and all around a troop of maids lugs your trunks and cases inside.
"Please, right this way!"

As you step through the huge mahogany doors of the mansion you're welcomed by a wave of warmth, mounted in the hall a little way from the entrance are two ornate marble fireplaces filled with a merry blaze, as Frisca puts away the umbrella you take this opportunity to dry yourself off. A flood of servants dart to and fro around you, making you feel like an island of stillness in a river of activity, as they tend to your things. A dainty girl with red hair offers to take your coat then spirits it away to whereever coats live in this house. As you're admiring the engraving over the mantle suddenly the heavy doors are pushed closed with a dull thud and the servants scatter from the hall disappearing down various discreet passages.

Quite alone now you stand uncertainly surveying your surroundings, aside from the two fireplaces there are a few chandeliers lighting this passage, that extends quite a way into the house ending at two grand staircases carpeted in the same red that cover the length of this hall. The decore isn't what you'd call tacky, it's a few sheets of gold leaf short of that, but you've never been fond of the so called "classical" style. You can't help but be reminded of the odeons back in the city with all this red and white. If you listen carefully you can hear the faint buzz of electric light, it seems you were wrong about this place, maybe a stay here won't be so barbaric after all. If there's a telephone there's no reason you can't turn this into a working holiday perhaps......

"Sorry to make you wait, la-. *ahem* Miss Marisa, we're not used to Lord Scarlet entertaining so many guests so the servants are quite rushed off our feet you see."
Appearing almost as if from no where, Frisca slides into view once more having now disposed of that umbrella. She keeps a respectful distance from you, respectful or weary that is, her hands folded on her uniform in front of her staring at you with a pleasent but blank expression. Really this girl hasn't got a clue has she?

"So, Lord Scarlet sent for me?"
You say breaking the silence after a while, not very quick on the uptake this one. Still if nothing else the Old Man has good taste in his servants, she is a rather pretty one filling out her maid's uniform quite nicely, actually you're mildly curious as to why you've only seen women working here so far. It doesn't seem like he's been hiring them for their quick wit.

"Oh no!" She gasps, hand flying to her mouth. "I'm so sorry, my lady! Oh dear.....what did Lord Scarlet ask me to do with the guests?"
Grabbing a lock of hair the rather dim maid chews on it viciously, some kind of nervous habit it would seem. You rather hope she wasn't like this with the other guests, she's lucky that you take pity on her, toffs tend not to be so forgiving with "The Help" as they call it.

"Perhaps you're to take me to him right away?" You volunteer, Frisca gapes at you for a moment, a lock of mashed blond hair falling from her lips, at first seemingly glad that you threw her a life line, only to screw up her eyes unhappily and clench her fists with worry.

"Maybe? I don't know! I think he might of wanted you to get settled in your room before dinner, but has dinner been served yet? Maybe the dining room? Oh no, oh no, oh no...."
Placing a finger on each of her temples the girl makes an odd face with eyes and lips tightly shut, as if she could read her master's instructions from the back of her eyelids or pick them out of the air like a radio signal. While the sight is comical, you'd rather not witness it much longer.

Boldly you grab the girl's hand and strike off in a random direction, with a yelp she is pulled along stumbling at first before catching her balance and babbling at you.

"My lady! What are you doing!"
"I told you to knock off all that title crap, it's Marisa or Miss Marisa if you must! Got that!"
Abruptly you halt and the girl crashes into you, before she might trip you grab hold of her shoulders and steady her. For a moment she gazes into your eyes, barely breathing, before breaking away with another little yelp. Brushing herself off, she stands at a weary distance once more, although slightly closer than before.

"Alright, Miss Marisa." She begins tentatively. "But where are we going?"
"Well that's simple, you're going to take me to...."

======================

[ ] "The dining room, dinner might of already started right?"

[ ] "To the Old Man himself, he wanted to see me after all."

[ ] "My room, I'd like to get settled in."
>> No. 14537
[!/] "My room, I'd like to get settled in."
>> No. 14538
[ ] "To the Old Man himself, he wanted to see me after all."
>> No. 14539
[x] "My room, I'd like to get settled in."
>> No. 14542
[x] "My room, I'd like to get settled in."
>> No. 14552
[x] "My room, I'd like to get settled in."
>> No. 14561
[x] "My room, I'd like to get settled in."
>> No. 14579
File 123533916662.jpg - (127.68KB , 1100x885 , b76cef946b66d42d18c479d7e172b62c.jpg ) [iqdb]
14579
[x] "My room, I'd like to get settled in."

"Y-your room?" The girl stammers back at you, backing off slightly in a defensive manner, then straightens herself out. "Yes, probably for the best. I'm almost certain that's what the master wanted me to do, quite certain anyway.....not absolutely certain......"
"Then please, lead the way Frisca."
Cutting her off before she can fall into another mindless rant, you gesture down the hall towards the stairs, where you'd wager the guests are housed. She nods once then guides you at a more measured pace through the house, your footfalls muffled into whispers by the ever present carpet. You're led past portraits of long dead men, up the imposingly large stairs with the polished banisters and through a warren of twisting halls deep into the heart of the mansion. Once you spotted a flighty looking maid flitting past your path in a hurry some where, but when you took a peek down the way she went it was a dead end as far as you could tell, it seems the servant's have their own network of halls to navigate. Lord Scarlet must belong to the old school of thought that servants should not be seen or heard. Speaking of which, Frisca's stiff silence bothers you some what, the least she could do is point out a few rooms of note along the way to use as land marks.

"So, Frisca?" You begin, she casts a glance back at you but doesn't stop. "Why do they call this The Rose Mansion?"
"Ah, well you see the Scalet family owns many estates like this one, all thematically named after shades of red. This is Lord Scarlet's summer home, that's why it's called the rose mansion. It's twinned with his winter house on the continent."
"Why on earth is he here during the winter then? If this is his summer home that is." You say, frowning in response. Frisca hesitates answering you, only slightly but there is a hesitation.
"It's for his health you see, Lord Scarlet says he's not getting any younger and that the country air does him a world of good. And...."
"And?"
She catches herself before going on, takes a quick glance around, then stops you to speak in a quieter voice.
"Well, you didn't hear this from me. But there's a priestess, from the nunnery on the other side of the valley, that comes to visit the manor on a regular basis. The servants think he hangs around for her sake...."

What's this then, a priestess eh? You had heard that The Old Man had come down with a case of religion quite hard in the past few years, a sudden attack of morals in his old age is what you had assumed. But this priestess, perhaps he's keeping her on as a mistress? The mad old coot never was married after all, perhaps his nun was some kind of chilhood sweet heart, a forbidden love never meant to be? If he's got a soft spot for the old bag, well that's interesting.

"Isn't it rude to gossip about your master, Frisca?"
She surprises you by dismissing your comment with a toss of her hair and a saucy little stride as she begins to walk down the hall way again, rather than panicking about it like you had her pegged for. You widen your stride to catch up with her.

"It's hardly a secret, Miss! You would of probably met her sooner or later anyway, really what must you think of me?"
"Aha, I bed your pardon then."
"Hmph!"

Really, this girl. You're starting to wonder if The Old Man hired her out of pity or something. Still, she does seem to be loosening up around you already, you'd doubt very much she would've volunteered that much to any of the other guests. In the past you've found it always pays to be on good terms with the servants, they're always notorious gossips and it would seem young Frisca is no exception.

As you round another corner in the practically endless string of almost identical corridors, the maid stops abruptly. Things are subtly different here, the ceiling lower and the ever-present carpet giving way to polished wooden flooring, six door as evenly spaced along here and the hall ends with a small window box that looks over the back garden from the second floor. The passage is bisected mid way by two small alcove on either wall, one concealing a small stair case down, as you're looking at it Frisca speaks up.

"That leads down to the landing, from there the dining room will be right in front of you, through the double doors."

Well, that makes getting around a little bit easier at least, but why did she lead you here the long way around? Or maybe you just don't understand the layout of the mansion as well as she does, you'd hate to get lost while you're staying here but all these vermilion corridors look the same to you.

"This room is yours," She adds, pointing to one door. "All your things should be inside already, you have your own water-closet but I'm afraid the guests must share a bath."
"I take it we're all staying in rooms along here?" You wave a hand at the other doors to show your meaning.
"That's right, all the rooms are full save for that one." Again, she points to the one she means. Frisca goes on to explain a little more about the mansion, breakfast is served seven in the morning to nine, lunch from twelve to two and dinner from six to half past seven. Apparently Lord Scarlet has requested his guests dine together as often as possible for some reason, a maid will be sent to find those absent from meals.

As she talks, another woman emerges from the stair case in the alcove. A tall, striking woman with piercing eyes and an elegant poise dressed in simple whites and blues. An unhappy looking maid chases after the striking woman but is ignored off hand, for a moment she stands in the hall and looks directly at you, her golden eyes betraying no hint as to what she is thinking. After a pause, you see her lips move slightly before she turns again and heads down the hall presumably to her own room, her hips moving with a smooth sway as she does so. The maid goes to follow her but seems to think better of it and gives up, retreating down the stairs from whence she came.

The woman appears to be lingering by her door for now, but she's not looking in your direction. It obvious to you by now she's one of the guests, but who is she and what's her relation to The Old Man?

".....Need anything else, there's a bell pull in your room."
"Oh?"
Damn, you were so distracted by that woman's entrance you didn't notice Frisca talking at you, for her part it seems the young maid didn't notice your inattentiveness but you feel it would be awkward to ask her to repeat herself.
"I think that's everything, I'm sure you want to inspect your quarters or go to dinner now, Miss. So I'll take my leave, if you please."

She bobs another quick curtsy to you then slips around the corner before you can raise a protest, maybe she's keen to get away from you right now but there were a few things you wanted to ask her still. Yet when you reach alcove she darted down, you're faced with yet another dead end, just like last time.

Shaking your head you step out into the hall again, maybe you should see if the bell pull will summon her back, but you're against using such things as they seem so degrading to the servants. As you look up you notice that striking woman from before is about to enter her room, still seemingly unconcerned about you at the moment.

===========

Which room is yours?

[ ] The one near the end of the hall, with a view of the garden.

[ ] The one near the middle of the hall, next to the stairs.

and

[ ] Go speak to the other guest.

[ ] You're hungry, go to dinner.

[ ] Go to your room and use the bell pull.
>> No. 14582
[x] The one near the middle of the hall, next to the stairs.
[x] Go speak to the other guest.
>> No. 14617
[X] The one near the middle of the hall, next to the stairs.
[X] Go speak to the other guest.
>> No. 14623
[x] The one near the middle of the hall, next to the stairs.
[x] Go speak to the other guest.

Hmm, this seems like a good enough choice.
>> No. 14624
[X] The one near the end of the hall, with a view of the garden.

I like plants. Plus, I guess we can keep an eye on what happens in the garden or something.

[X] Go speak to the other guest.

The thought of Ran without tails saddens me on some levels, but on the other hand: more visible delicious Ran ass.
>> No. 14626
[x] The one near the middle of the hall, next to the stairs.
[x] Go to your room and use the bell pull.

Frisking Frisca; that shall be our alibi. Rowr.
>> No. 14634
[x] The one near the middle of the hall, next to the stairs.
[x] Go speak to the other guest.
>> No. 14654
[x] The one near the middle of the hall, next to the stairs.
[x] Go speak to the other guest.
>> No. 14656
[x] The one near the middle of the hall, next to the stairs.
[x] Go speak to the other guest.
>> No. 14662
If we're gonna kill Lord Scarlet, we should decide now so we can plan out the ways to frame someone else, or keep hiding evidence until the game is over.

It would be horrible if we just spontaneously did it and left evidence of our being there everywhere, of our own mistakes and not of Scorn's doing.

So...

[ ] Kill Lord Scarlet.
[ ] Don't kill Lord Scarlet.

This IS a game changing decision, so I'm sure Scorn would appreciate knowing the decision beforehand so he can prepare as well.
>> No. 14663
[x] Don't kill Lord Scarlet.

Detective Marisa; not a murderer.
>> No. 14664
>>14662

I figured that he'd cover that later, anyways.
>> No. 14666
[X]Kill Lord Scarlet.

[ ] The one near the end of the hall, with a view of the garden.
[X] Go speak to the other guests

If we're going to kill Lord Scarlet, then this is probably very important.
>> No. 14667
[x] Don't kill Lord Scarlet.

But Marisa is an ally of justice, so yeah!
>> No. 14668
[x] Kill Lord Scarlet.
[x] Don't kill Lord Scarlet.
[x] OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
>> No. 14669
[X]Kill Lord Scarlet.

It was Sakuya. In the dining room. With the pads.
>> No. 14670
[X] Don't kill Lord Scarlet

Do want detective work. Also, the detective always gets the girl, and this could be the only other chance at Frisca that we'll have.

Fairy maid harem route, I still weep for thee.
>> No. 14671
[x] Don't kill Lord Scarlet

Detective.
>> No. 14672
[X] Don't kill Lord Scarlet

Murder is wrong.
>> No. 14675
[X] Don't kill Lord Scarlet

JUSTICE ROUTE
>> No. 14685
Hm, you guys do know that Scorn hasn't given us the option for that yet, right?

Also, detective route is easy mode.
>> No. 14696
>>14685

Yeah, the point is that we're getting a general consensus right now, so that it doesn't take anyone by surprise later. As >>14662 mentioned, various aspects of the game are going to change radically depending on how we proceed, and we should probably get ourselves organized right now.
>> No. 14701
[ ] Don't kill Lord Scarlet.

Jesus christ. This is awesome! How did i wish for this to happen.
>> No. 14702
>'Don't kill Lord Scarlet' winning.

;_;
>> No. 14711
[X] The one near the middle of the hall, next to the stairs.
[X] Go to your room and use the bell pull.
This isn't going to win, but hey.

[X] Kill Lord Scarlet.
>> No. 14715
>>14662 here

As >>14696 said this is just a preemptive vote so we can have a general idea on what we'll be doing pre-murder, because we'll be doing a lot more different things if we came to the mansion with his murder in mind.

While not killing him seems to be winning, this shouldn't be set in stone, at least I'd think so. Unless Scorn announces he'll go through with it, we can just use these votes to see how many people want to proceed with the game. Those who want to kill him can still vote for options which they would think be useful for an attempt on Lord Scarlet's life.

Also, more people may start voting later on, and can reverse this initial consensus when the attempt to kill Lord Scarlet comes up.

Who knows, we may even start hating Lord Scarlet's guts between now and tomorrow night and want to kill him then.
>> No. 14716
>Who knows, we may even start hating Lord Scarlet's guts between now and tomorrow night and want to kill him then.
I was just thinking this. We'll probably end up in his study, just the two of us, where he'll proceed to insult all of our life's hard work and make us boil with anger. Then "Oh, look, a letter opener" Ctrl+Alt+Stab.
>> No. 14718
File 123558876327.png - (228.44KB , 450x650 , 1235388679485.png ) [iqdb]
14718
>>14715
This guy is right, I like the idea of you guys airing your opinions and considering the options to come before hand. Seeing as this story is also quite like a game it's a good idea to have a "game plan" but as >>14716 says, be flexible as well. I'll give you the choice to kill should the moment arise, so feel free to change your minds as many times as you wish until that point.

Updates coming to a thread near you soon, once I've payed some vidya.
>> No. 14725
File 123560986199.gif - (73.11KB , 589x709 , c6caed918c7e576b7a1fe724f1b52047.gif ) [iqdb]
14725
You make a mental note to check out your room later, the first one left to the flight of stairs, the room won't be going anywhere but right now you're interested in the woman down the hall. Might as well get acquainted with the other guests sooner rather than later after all, best to say hello now before she disappears into her room. Leaving your room be, you walk confidently towards your fellow guest and raise your voice in greeting.

"Evening! So I take it The Old Man called you out here as well then?"
As she turns to respond you get a better look at her now that you're closer, she's easily a full foot taller than you giving her a very imposing appearance that isn't helped by her sharp features. What you're really drawn to notice though is her hair; short and golden blond that looks soft and fine, with a nice sheen to it. Despite yourself you feel a little jealous comparing it to your "wind blown hay-stake" mane, a self conscious hand going to one braid as you think that. There's something else too, a small quality that tickles a part of your brain, the way she's styled it is rather odd. You can't help but think of....ears?
"That's right, although I wouldn't of come were it not for some persuasion by a friend of mine." Her voice is rich, full bodied with a soft tone to it, mixed with her stern visage it vaguely reminds you of a little old school house you knew long ago.
"Yeah, I wasn't too keen on coming myself. But one must do one's best to please the investors." You say, mocking an upper class accent. "Allow me to introduce myself, I'm M-"
"Marisa Kirisame," Cutting you off, she smiles slightly and hiding it a little behind her hand. "My patron follows your career with great interest."
A hand unfolds from her and is offered to you, cautiously you accept to shake.
"Ran Yakumo, a pleasure to meet you."
"And who is your patron, who watches me so keenly?"
You're forgetting your manners, you know, but you don't like what she's alluding to. Something tells you to keep on your guard around her for now, her slight smirk widens a little into a more indulgent smile. Everything about this woman seems so composed, so carefully measured to express herself in only subtle gestures.
"You're something of a spectacle in the business world, are you really so surprised to hear of your measure of fame?"
"Me? A spectacle? No, I'm ordinary."
"Ordinary?" Amusement evident in her voice, you're not willing to give anything away though.
"That's me."
"Well I suppose you would know best." Elusively she drops the subject already, leaving you in the dark as she fold her hands in front of her. "By the way, you may call me Ran. And how might I call you?"
"Marisa is fine, thank you, Ran." You're a bit curt in your reply, something about a patron having an interest in you has set you a little on edge now. Perhaps you're better off finding an excuse to depart for now, until you know more about this woman.

"Well then, we have some time before dinner is served I think. Would you like to come in?"
"Well I haven't even seen my own room yet..."
"I understand, you must be tired from your journey here, another time perhaps? See you at dinner, Marisa."
Wait, no!
"But if you insist I'll be glad to join you!"

No, if you leave now then she's won this round, at least to you even if she doesn't see it that way. If she's got information on you, then you won't leave her side until you've pried something out of her in turn. You've nothing against her really, she seems to be quite a likable sort once she starts smiling, but you have your pride to consider. Ran continues to smile at your outburst, making you feel as though you were a child acting out for mother's attention almost, however she humors you.

"Of course, my pleasure really." As she speaks she beckons you closer and places a shapely hand on the door. "Actually I've not seen my own room either."
"Oh? But I had heard that I was the last to arrive?"
"I was visiting the library."

She answers quickly, too quickly. It would pass most people by, but you're a little too observant for that or so you'd like to think. The way she answered, you didn't ask what she had been doing exactly but she responded like that all the same, like she had prepared what to say when asked. Still, while curious it's nothing to you now at least.

"Ahh, The Voile? I've heard it's quite the collection, I should like to visit it while I'm here."
"Why not ask Millie to show you where it is after dinner?"
"That maid who was chasing you around just now?"
"Yes, I have little use for her myself. You're welcome to take her off my hands if you wish!" She adds jokingly, you wouldn't be interested in more servants around you even were she serious however.
"I'll keep that in mind. Say, what kind of woman is the librarian? I've heard a few mentions regarding Patchouli of The Viole."
"I'm afraid I didn't encounter her."

Again she sounds rehearsed, you're well versed enough in lying to know that amateurs will try to invent a story to cover the truth, generally people who can't think on their feet are like that. This woman, Ran, however doesn't strike you as at all dim and while her words are suspect her body doesn't waver for a moment. She could just as easily be playing mind games with you right now, what an infuriating person if she is!

Somewhere, deep within the mansion, an old mournful sounding grandfather clock tolls the hour with a strong, brassy sound. Ran raises her eyebrows at you.
"Oh dear, I lost all track of time!"
"How long have we been here clucking like a pair of old hens at your door step Ran? I'm too young to get tied up chatting like this!"
If she notices your barely concealed jab, she ignores it and takes your arm in a familiar fashion. You'd expect this kind of thing from a much younger, flightier woman than the seemingly matronly Ran but her warm, clean clothes do feel quite comfortable entwined with you. Still, while it's not entirely unpleasant it's rather disconcerting.
"I suppose we should be getting to dinner." She says, gently strolling forwards and bringing you with her. Really you must look absolutely ridiculous, she's huge compared to you and yet here you are arm in arm like school girls. Still, fighting off the embarrassment you're willing to play along, for now at least.

=====================

As you're heading to dinner with Ran, pick one:

[ ] Discuss why you think Lord Scarlet asked you here.

[ ] Ask about her work and her patron.

[ ] Inquire as to what her relationship with Lord Scarlet it.

also

[ ] Try and break free of her as soon as possible, you'd rather not risk being seen like this.

[ ] Let go of her before entering the dining room, let her have her way for now.

[ ] Cling onto her all the way, even when you arrive, see how dedicated to this premise she is.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the late updates, I don't think I've mentioned before on here but I'm on 9-5s most days at the moment and don't always have it in me to update. Which is a shame as this is quite fun to write, at least it give me a chance to plot things out for what's to come though.

You can word the options how you like if you want to pose them in a certain way, only one subject to be asked though. It's a short trip to the dining room you see.
>> No. 14726
[x] Inquire as to what her relationship with Lord Scarlet it.
[x] Let go of her before entering the dining room, let her have her way for now.
>> No. 14727
[x] Inquire as to what her relationship with Lord Scarlet it.
[x] Cling onto her all the way, even when you arrive, see how dedicated to this premise she is.
>> No. 14729
[X] Ask about her work and her patron.
[X] Cling onto her all the way, even when you arrive, see how dedicated to this premise she is.

Well, if we're playing as Marisa then we might as well try to seduce as many girls as possible.
>> No. 14731
[x] Tail Soft, shapely ass feel so good.
>> No. 14732
[x] Inquire as to what her relationship with Lord Scarlet it.
[x] Try and break free of her as soon as possible, you'd rather not risk being seen like this.
>> No. 14749
[x] Inquire as to what her relationship with Lord Scarlet it.
[x] Cling onto her all the way, even when you arrive, see how dedicated to this premise she is.

I never check /others/ Thanks for mentioning it Scorn.
>> No. 14764
[ ] Inquire as to what her relationship with Lord Scarlet it.
[ ] Try and break free of her as soon as possible, you'd rather not risk being seen like this.
>> No. 14768
[x] Inquire as to what her relationship with Lord Scarlet is.
[x] Cling onto her all the way, even when you arrive, see how dedicated to this premise she is.
>> No. 14839
Sorry guys, intended to update over the weekend but I'm not feeling very well right now. It's not a crippling illness, just enough to sap my energy and make my head feel like it's stuffed with cotton wool, which makes writing a little difficult.

Monday for sure or maybe even later tonight if I get better over the next few hours. After Thursday I'll try and get into a regular update schedule.
>> No. 14900
>>14839
updates now
>> No. 14913
File 123612847597.jpg - (27.48KB , 850x471 , sample-096c77d09e2b6de7ae0522c6f263bcf8.jpg ) [iqdb]
14913
>>14900
K'

-----------------------------

You ignore Ran's forwardness for the moment, you've something in mind to deter her from such behavior in the future, although it might land you in an awkward place if she doesn't resist. Well you hardly care what anyone thinks of you anyway, there might be some advantage to be gained from playing the fool.

Ran takes you down the baroque, ironwork stairs down another homogeneous red hall interspersed with alabaster white pillars set in the walls, towards an open landing and the dining room beyond. Ran comments on Lord Scarlet's taste in decor, you reply saying you don't hold an opinion on such things, you're curious about something else. As the taller woman puffs her cheeks out childishly at having her subject deflected, you raise a seemingly innocent question.

"So, I imagine you must be familiar with The Old Man if you're one of his guests, mind if I ask how you came to know him?"
"..."
Her arm stiffens slightly in your hold but she doesn't tighten her grip on you, the girlish expression she wore melts away sapping all the warmth from her eyes as it goes, two hard topaz now stare unwaveringly forward. With the sudden change and the spike in tension she walks more briskly, tall as she is Ran's pace is hard to keep up with making you catch your foot slightly on the carpet.

"Ran?"
"My patron rarely conducts business in person, she has many commitments to take care of herself and often delegates the task of communicating with her ...... associates to me." She picks the word, associates, carefully. Turning her gaze on you she finishes, saying.
"Lord Scarlet is one such associate, I do not suffer the man willingly."

Her tone of voice, her body language all scream at you to ask no more questions. So with spiteful glee you dig your heels firmly into the carpet to slow her pace to match yours, she struggles a moment against your grasp but you hold tight as you feign wide eyed shock.

"Really? It's dreadful for you to think that way about him Ran! It's not very fair on him don't you think? He must hold you in high regard if he invited him into his home, yet here you are saying such awful things about him!"
You take great delight in stealing Ran's impression of a flaky young maid, your voice dripping with indulgent scandal and an overt simple mindedness. In return the taller woman fixes you with a look of disdain, either for your apparent vapidness or your lack of acting talent. Vaguely you're aware of how you two must look again, staring into each others eyes with such intent expressions as you stroll slowly along the corridor, looking in from the outside one might jump to the conclusion that you were lovers!

"I can't imagine he bares any softness in his heart towards me, young lady." Practically barking at you now in a low voice, Ran scowls darkly. "Indeed, I can't imagine that man having a heart at all!"
"Oh he's an old fuss pot alright," Playfully you bat Ran on the arm with your free hand, you're really quite enjoying using this character whether she's onto you or not. "But I reckon he's just a big ol' softy deep down!"

She stops, the pair of you standing at the threshold of the well lit landing, the double doors of the dining room a short distance away from where you stand. Ran forces you to linger in the dim of the corridor as you cling to her arm, while she looms down at you impassively, softly she speaks.

"Young lady, the stories I could tell you about that 'old softy'....."
".....go on?"
Two soft, pink lips part for just a moment and you hear a little breath, her perfume fills your nose and tickles your senses making you feel a little light headed. Almost giddy with her presence and heart racing with the thrill of learning something, of obtaining a weapon against that miserly old man, you watch Ran with rapt attention.

"Nothing, I misspoke." The breath dies in her throat, catching herself before making a mistake Ran shakes her head to regain composure. Your act might of gotten under her skin but not enough to make her slip up.
"I am getting above my station, it's not my place to speak against who my Patron chooses to acquaint herself with."

That's it? She's going to just drop the subject with trash about her station and leave you in the dark again? OUTRAGEOUS. Discreetly Ran tries to disengage herself from you, so you stubbornly clamp on, if only to slow her down and give you a moment to think. She let her guard down just now, maybe you could get her to do it again? Maybe you should take advantage now, she might be more guarded with you in future but on the other hand, she might not feel the need to be guarded unless you give her reason to now.

"Say, Ran?"

Too late now, a moment before stepping through the double doors ahead you stop abruptly much like she did, turning to her you......

=========================

[ ] Be sly and keep up the act, let her think you a silly girl and nothing more.

[ ] Allow yourself to be serious and agree with her sentiments towards The Old Man, but don't push for answers.

[ ] Turn aggressive, try and force an answer out of her now.


=========================

Sorry for late updates, still feeling shit from sickness. Anyway I wana ask, what would be a good silly nickname for Ran if you keep up the air-head Marisa act? Like Rannykins only, you know, better.
>> No. 14931
File 123613738694.jpg - (70.26KB , 430x630 , marisa013.jpg ) [iqdb]
14931
[X] Be sly and keep up the act, let her think you a silly girl and nothing more.

Ransy~
>> No. 14963
[x] Act silly and aggressive. Push for the answer out of 'girlish curiosity', as if swapping rumors about crushes and cake shops in the bathroom when you were still in highschool.
>> No. 14966
[x] Be sly and keep up the act, let her think you a silly girl and nothing more.

Best that Ran take us lightly.
>> No. 14991
[X] Be sly and keep up the act, let her think you a silly girl and nothing more.
>> No. 14998
[X] Allow yourself to be serious and agree with her sentiments towards The Old Man, but don't push for answers.

Shows our previous hand and might implicate us later, but I am one for truth(besides, this might help us come to better terms with Ran, and thus gain an ally in all of this? Not to mention that i'm curious how he has slighted her.)
>> No. 14999
[x] Be sly and keep up the act, let her think you a silly girl and nothing more.
>> No. 15173
File 123655233781.jpg - (92.82KB , 544x489 , 50b76d68ca5d0b138ee72a3ae7b5f920.jpg ) [iqdb]
15173
Oh yeah, updates.

=================

"Well?"
A hint of impatience creeps into Ran's voice as she waits for you to speak, hesitation was the cost of thinking things through but hopefully it'll appear as nothing more than empty mindedness.
"Let's not dwell on such nasty things before dinner, shall we?" You say with as much innocence as you can muster, praying for the chance to pick this up at some later time. "We'll both get indigestion carrying on all sour grapes like this!"
At first she looks at you uncertainly, probably wondering why you stopped her to say something so seemingly pointless.
"Perhaps you're right," She sighs. "I shall try my best to not let Lord Scarlet's company spoil my mood or my appetite."

She gives you a weak smile but still doesn't look very enthusiastic, whatever could her quarrel with The Old Man be? Well best to forget about that for now, pushing the point too hard will probably be detrimental now. Whatever the case she seems to want you to let go now, her arm slack in yours but firmly in place as you force her to unwilling stay linked to you, it'll teach her to bite off more than she can chew with you in future. With no reason to delay any longer, you push open the doors before you and stride confidently into the room beyond.

The Dining room is practically an icon of upper class living, it looks like something you'd see in a painting or hear of in a fairy tale with it's lavish trappings. A heavy chandelier discreetly fixed with electric lights bathes the room in a comfortable yellow haze, a tall and highly polished mirror dominates one end of the room framed in burnished bronze with minute veins of silver leaf running through the sculpted metal, commanding the center of the room is a massive table of highly polished dark wood surrounded by high backed chairs where each of the guests sits. It's made oppressively hot in here by yet another open fireplace, has this man never heard of central heating? Really, you're starting to feel uncomfortable already and Ran's proximity isn't helping matters. You fiddle with you collar a little to cool down, your companion seems equally affected by the warmth.

More harried looking maids, pretty girls once again it seems, attend to the diners in a flurry of activity; serving dishes and taking empty ones through a discreetly placed door that most likely leads to the kitchens. Each diner, five in total at their seats, appears to have at least one maid at their beck and call. You spot Frisca standing nervously at the end of the table opposite the mirror, most likely waiting for you.

Murmured conversation greets you at first, then peters out as the assembled guests and Lord Scarlet take notice of the pair of you standing there. All save one woman, a rather plain looking lady of her mid twenties with long lilac hair, that continues to chat animatedly with her neighbor despite being ignored. By her generous flush, dreamy smile and the tall yet almost empty wine glass in her hand, you conclude she is quite drunk.

The rest watch you both with scrutiny, a whisper passes between one particularly young woman and her attending maid with eyes cast in your direction.

"Good evening, Ran, Marisa."
The Old Man speaks first breaking the pause, you feel a little sting of pride as he said her name first over yours.
"Good evening, Lord Scarlet."
Ran returns the greeting a little stiffly, no hint of displeasure in her voice though.
"Evenin' Scarlet."
He doesn't seem to mind your casual greeting but you hear a disapproving tut from out side your vision, a few snaps of whispers reach your ears but for now it seems all eyes are on you and Ran. Carefully you lead Ran over to the head of the table to speak with him, she allows you to do so although you can feel the reluctance in her body.

The Old Man regards you with rheumy old eyes, deep set in his wrinkled face and shot red by an condition leaving his cornea as crimson as his namesake. You remember when you first met him, years ago, he was a swarthy older man with a strong jaw and a salt and pepper beard. He used to cut an imposing figure, almost like a pirate. Now however his strong jaw has sunken into fatty jowls and what little hair remains is snow white. The man's fondness for red extends to his clothing, dressed in a Venetian red velvet smoking jacket, stained down the front with drizzles of food. Really by the look of him he should be dead by now but the rich can afford the best doctors and treatment, you wouldn't rely on him to drop dead any time soon given his record of living despite your wishes.

You feel nothing towards this man. Even as you plaster on a fake smile to ready yourself for banal pleasantries, you find yourself considering how easy it would be to snuff his shriveled old life out.

Sorry, Old Man, but business is a cut throat world.

"I see you two have already gotten to know one another." His raspy voice is filled with amusement, commenting on your apparent closeness. Ran immediately disengages from you, then goes still once more, leaving you feeling a little lost.
"Ran," He wheezes and smiles at her. "I'm glad you indulged an old man's request."
"Lady Yukari insisted I take some time off."
Betraying no emotion, Ran keeps her answer minimal.
"I'm glad you let me see you again, before I pass from this waking world."
"Don't be silly uncle!" A girl sat close by, the one who whispered to her maid as you entered, scoffs. "You've got many happy years ahead of you, I'm sure! Why Doctor Eirin was saying only the other day to me that-"
"Oh do hush up Remillia." Lord Scarlet cuts her off irritably. "You're already my inheritor, no need to fawn over me now is there?"

The girl looks shocked, then insulted and sits back in her chair with a sulky expression arms crossed. Ignoring what you assume to be her niece The Old Man turns back to Ran.

"How's Yukari doing?"
"Fine."
"And, how is your-"
"Fine as well."
Snapping at him before he can speak Ran lets her facade crack slightly, digging her nails into the palms of her hands with frustration. Lord Scarlet sighs heavily, watching Ran sadly.

"Of course," He mumbles. "Glad to hear it. Well, the pair of you must be hungry by now, we waited for you to arrive. You may sit where you wish."
"Lord Scarlet I..."
You being, yet he brushes you off.
"Yes, good to see you too Marisa. Sit down and we can begin the main course, I'm afraid you missed the starter."

You glare at him for a moment but unable to think of what to say you obediently go to take a seat, how dare he ignore you so casually! Not so much as the basic pleasantries business partners are obliged to share? Should he drop dead on his plate or drown in his soup he deserves it! To call you out to this backwater place and then pay you no heed like this is so utterly infuriating!

Seething silently yet keeping your temper in check and your outrage under your skin, Frisca swoops over to your side as you.....

=====================

[ ] Take a chair nearer to the middle of the table, between the lilac haired drunk and the studious looking girl with glasses.

[ ] Sit down with the quiet looking blond girl, the one sitting next to Scarlet's niece.

[ ] Go where ever Ran decides to and stick to her.

[ ] Put yourself in the seat right next to The Old Man's, let's see him ignore you now!

============

Sorry for slow updates, write isn't flowing at the moment but when it does it flows well.

As a side note: Who Watched the Watchmen and what did we all think of it? I reckon it was about as good as a movie adaption could of been at least.
>> No. 15174
[X] Go where ever Ran decides to and stick to her.

O, what you've doomed yourself to, Ran!
>> No. 15175
[X] Take a chair nearer to the middle of the table, between the lilac haired drunk and the studious looking girl with glasses.
>> No. 15176
[x] Sit down with the quiet looking blond girl, the one sitting next to Scarlet's niece.

hmmmmmm
>> No. 15179
[x] Take a chair nearer to the middle of the table, between the lilac haired drunk and the studious looking girl with glasses.
>> No. 15189
[x] Take a chair nearer to the middle of the table, between the lilac haired drunk and the studious looking girl with glasses.

Drunk = OPPORTUNITY!
>> No. 15191
[X] Go where ever Ran decides to and stick to her.
>> No. 15193
[x] Take a chair nearer to the middle of the table, between the lilac haired drunk and the studious looking girl with glasses.
>> No. 15195
>Who Watched the Watchmen
oh u
>> No. 15243
Updates will definitely be late this week, I'm busy until 8pm in the evenings now so the best you might get is thursday. Sorry to be jerking you guys around like this, it's a busy time for me.
>> No. 15670
File 123725588562.jpg - (27.66KB , 400x518 , 1235478822166.jpg ) [iqdb]
15670
You feel an aura of hostility directed towards you coming from the bratty looking girl at Lord Scarlet's side and while you'd normally revel in the chance to force your presence on her just to spite the spoiled young woman, you're still feeling irritable enough that you might end up saying something you'd regret. As you move to the opposite side of the table from that girl you feel three pairs of eyes following you; the brat, the pretty blond girl to her right and the sharp eyed maid that hovers over them. Most of the hostility you feel emanates from the outspoken brat, although the maid manages to make you feel unwelcome with a seemingly neutral expression, oddly you feel no ill will coming from the slight young lady that sits so daintily with them. Ran pulls up a chair next to the blond girl, again pushing past the unhappy maid assigned to her who watches her charge tend to herself miserably. Slightly quicker on the uptake, Frisca manages to pull your chair out for you before you can object, seeing no reason to stop her now you allow her to push you in as well.

Discreetly you take a glance at those dining next to you, still puzzled about your purpose here you wonder if you might extract some information from one of these two. Preempting you, Lord Scarlet leans in and gestures around the table with a shaky hand.

"I suspect many of you have not encountered one another before, of course you all know me so I shall take it upon myself to break the ice for you."

Self important tit. Grumbling internally, you try to keep up a friendly facade.

"First, from my immediate family are my nieces Remillia and Flandre scarlet. The daughters of my brother, my god rest his soul."
On that line he wearily crosses himself, as if he were truly a pious christian. Flandre goes to find her voice, dipping her chin to her chest with shyness but has her voice drowned out by her more impetuous sister, the one you labeled brat.
"Nice to meet y-"
"A pleasure."

Flandre looks flustered for a moment then shrinks down, almost literally in the shadow of her sister. Honestly there could not possibly be more contrast between them! Remillia sits with a cocky imperiousness that almost shouts about how much better than you she is with her chin held at a high angle showing off her narrow features, an unspoken statement of superiority in her eyes. Flandre on the other hand huddles her shoulders, keeps her hands folded before her and drops her eyes demurely as if she were apologizing for her existence. Both sisters are frightfully pale, almost to the point you can see the veins that carry their blue blood.

"Next to them sits Ran Yakumo, an old acquaintance of mine. Her patron Yukari and her daughter Chen would visit me from time to time in days long past...."

Ran you know, still she maintains a mask of civility in the face of the man she detest but opts for a simple nod to the other guests by way of greeting. Unperturbed by her passive attitude, Lord Scarlet points to the studious woman with the lavender hair on your left.

"Here we have Patchouli Knowledge, a friend to the family and something like my personal confidant."

Quickly the woman in question slides something into the voluminous sleeve of her dress, possibly something like a small book, then adjusts her glasses to look at you all as if only just noticing you. She gives The Old Man a wry smile, her deep purple eyes filled with mystery.

"Something like that, yes."
"She's a guest like yourselves but has been with me for the past few months, doing whatever it is librarians do in libraries."
"We do what anyone does in a library, we read books." Her tone is somewhere between waspish and playful, in a voice that's dry a quiet like the rustle of pages in a sense. "You would know that if you spent more time with you collection."
"Men have no need for reading!" He scoffs, coughing slightly as he does so. "I didn't amass my wealth by sticking my nose in a book all ruddy day long!"

No, you got your wealth by being born to the right parents. You doddering, old, fart.

"Finally, we have....." Blinking in confusion The Old Man peers at the young woman to your right, for her part she sits suddenly to attention or at least as best she's able to while tipsy.
"I don't recognize you, my dear."
"We've not met, sir! I'm Reisen Udongein Inaba, sir! My superiors from Eientei sent me in their place to represent them, sir!" She rattles off her answer quickly, nervous under the scrutiny of a lord. "Lady Kaguya send you her best wishes in her absence, sir, and let me just say that I'm over whelmed by the generosity your house has shown someone of my lowly position, sir!"

As The Old Man peers at her she sits bolt upright, swaying in place ever so slightly, red eyes wide open like a rabbit caught in the head lights of an on coming automobile. Ugly expressions of lust creep across the old man's face creasing his face with lines as he continues to leer for longer than anyone might feel comfortable, she is a rather fetching girl with long luscious hair and a trim figure accented by a smart blazer which makes you feel all the more sorry for her that she's attracted the interest of the old lech. Come to think of it, by her own admission of class you'd guess that blazer is probably the most formal thing she owns, poor thing.
>> No. 15671
File 123725592036.jpg - (262.66KB , 520x832 , 1237190619904.jpg ) [iqdb]
15671
"And finally," Eventually The Old Man pries his eyes off of pretty little Reisen and turns to you, again you feel a sting of pride at being introduced last.
"My erstwhile partner in business, Marisa Kirisame."
"Nice to meet 'cha!"

Screw formality, by the disapproving stares from Remillia you know you're stepping on toes here but it's in your nature to meet insult with insult, if they can't afford you respect in what sense are you obliged to offer them any? With all eyes on you it's a little unnerving, Patchouli watches you lazily out of the corner of her eye while trying to sneak a glance at her concealed book again, Remillia gives you an old stare speaking volumes to you, Flan doesn't hold her gaze but flits her eyes from the table to you through her long lashes, Reisen looks at you dreamily from heavy lidded eyes without a care for your attitude and Lord Scarlet?

He watches you without a hint of amusement on his face, yet says nothing.

A tense moment passes you by, surrounded by varying levels of scorn, when finally The Old Man leans back in his chair with a weak smile.

"Well, with the introductions taken care of I suggest we eat before I waste away where I sit."
"Uncle don't be so hard on yourself if yo-"
"Remillia."

He decries Remillia's obvious toadying wearily, shutting her up once again and sending her into a self indulgent huff. What amuses you most about the exchange is the fact you're certain he must of spoken out like she does now in his youth and that one day, she will be no better than him.

Dutifully the various maids, backed up by jolly round women dressed as cooks, bring in a feast the likes of which even your money would find extravagant. A number of roast fowl on silver platters dominate the table, bordered on all sides by platters of steaming vegetables and exquisite delicacies such as quail eggs, the heavenly aroma wafting off the variety of dishes is enough to wipe away any thought save those of food right now. Rather than serve themselves the diners around you have their plates loaded by their attending maid, Frisca stands ready at your side to service you. With grim determination however, you make an effort to take care of yourself rather than rely on the poor girl but even so you're forced to ask for help when reaching for the more distant choices.

As each guest plus The Old Man begin their meal a murmur of light conversation breaks out, already Reisen is having her glass filled again with deep red Merlot even as she swoons over food she no doubt will never have the chance to try again.

First you work on sating your hunger, the work of the social butterfly can wait for now but not one to rest on your laurels you keep an eye on your fellow guests. Occasionally you catch Flandre peeking at you, when your eyes meet she suddenly has a great interest in something on the table directly below her, although she always begins to sneak peeks again when she thinks you won't notice.

Something curious has caught your attention from that side of the table, the maid serving the two sisters seems to be dressed differently to the others in this household, does she hold some kind of special status among the servants here? In that respect, you wonder if absolutely everyone who deserved an introduction got one?

===========================

What to talk about?

[ ] Next to you, Patchouli, seems to be talking about something academic. Might be interesting.

[ ] Dear little Flandre seems awful quiet, let's get her talking shall we?

[ ] Wriggle your way into Remillia's conversation, you're feeling catty.

[ ] Reisen seems in high spirits, plus you're interested by this "Eientei"

[ ] Ran looks glum, maybe a chat will help her take her mind off things?

===============

Feel free to write in any specific subjects you'd like to talk about and sorry for the delays.
>> No. 15676
[X] Dear little Flandre seems awful quiet, let's get her talking shall we?

Adorable Flan. Let's be a better big sister to her than she's ever known.

I must admit that I'm tempted to try flirting with Patchy and Reisen, but we can always take the opportunity later.
>> No. 15682
[x] Dear little Flandre seems awful quiet, let's get her talking shall we?

Try to just talk to her casually in an attempt to win her over. We can use this later to our advantage to pull information out of her and use her as a pawn at times if need be. Her personality leads this to being easily doable after all, and she'd be the easiest person to do this to.
>> No. 15683
[X] Dear little Flandre seems awful quiet, let's get her talking shall we?

Liking this too. She's quiet, why? We should find out.
>> No. 15684
[X] Dear little Flandre seems awful quiet, let's get her talking shall we?
>> No. 15750
[x] Reisen seems in high spirits, plus you're interested by this "Eientei"

I'm not going to take a chance with one of the Scarlets. I'd rather glue myself to Reisen to make sure she doesn't get raped.
>> No. 15765
[x] Reisen seems in high spirits, plus you're interested by this "Eientei"
>> No. 15767
[ ] Dear little Flandre seems awful quiet, let's get her talking shall we?
>> No. 15768
[X] Dear little Flandre seems awful quiet, let's get her talking shall we?
>> No. 15770
Fla Fla Flandre

[x] Dear little Flandre seems awful quiet, let's get her talking shall we?
>> No. 15819
[X] Dear little Flandre seems awful quiet, let's get her talking shall we?

Flandre~
>> No. 15837
File 123742349691.jpg - (289.51KB , 700x1100 , 2fa9ad901261b871c760b5bda6003b55.jpg ) [iqdb]
15837
It takes you a while to get used to your meal, for all your accumulated wealth you're still a working class girl at heart and when it comes down to it rich food like this is a bit much for you. The meat is too tender and the wine sits heavily on your stomach, you try to soldier on through but already you're feeling full. Deciding to pace yourself a little you turn your attention outwards, no one else is having the same trouble as you are eating, Lord Scarlet for example is indulging his gluttony as happily as a pig in mud.

"So tell me my dear," Remillia looks up from her plate, with barely enough on it to feed a mouse, to talk with Patchouli. "Has my darling Uncle taken good care of you?"
"He's been nothing but a perfect gentleman to me Remi dearest. Although I'd say hiring an assistant for me was going a bit far...."
She raises a shoulder to indicate the one stood behind her, a very strictly dressed girl with a figure that is almost made more noticeable by her conservative clothes.
"Well you know him, paragon of charity that his is!"
"And what about you, Remi? Keeping well?"
"Lady Patchouli and Lady Remillia know one another?"

Abruptly Reisen bursts out with a cry of surprise, earning her a foul look from Remillia and mild amusement from Patchouli. You catch Ran giving her a sort of, suspicious consideration too.

"Well of course," Patchouli explains in a kind and patient manner. "Lord Scarlet did say I was a friend of the family after all, it would be remiss to think he only referred to himself. In fact, I make my residence at Remillia's manor most of the year."
"Incredible!"
Somehow you don't share Reisen's enthusiasm, the way the brat and the book worm nauseates you, typical upper class forced affection. You'll have to rethink your opinion of Patchouli now, scholar or no she keeps bad company.
"Yes," Remillia goes on with mock sadness, going as far as to dab away fake tears with a handkerchief. "My dear friend abandoned me all alone in my big, empty house these last few months. It seems she wasn't satisfied with my modest little library."
"My poor little Remi, don't worry! Your little library won't be so little soon enough!"

The two of them smile as if sharing a private joke, Lord Scarlet continues to stuff his face obliviously while having his maid practically pour the gravy down his throat.

A flicker of movement, something on the peripheral of your vision catches your snatches your attention away from the disgusting old man, from the corner of your eye you spot Flandre glancing at you again. What is her fascination with you? No else has paid much attention to you since you arrived, other than the glares of her sister you've been largely passed over by the guests and you'd swear The Old Man has made a point of ignoring you so far. So why does this slip of a girl, no more than eighteen by the look of her, give you coy little glances over the dinner table?

"It's Flandre, right?" Taking the initiative you strike up a conversation as you steal her gaze, it seems she wasn't prepared for this as she freezes up.
"Th-that's right, Miss Kirisame?"
"Please, call me by my first name."
She nods.
"Marisa...."

Nervously she pokes the food around her plate unable to meet your eye nor able to look away, as she notices you again her sister gives another unsubtle tut pointed.

"So if she's the inheritor," You motion towards Remillia. "Then I take it you're the younger sister, am I right?"
"That's right," Answering for her, Remillia cuts off her talk with Patchouli to confront you with a frown. "As I will be the next head of the family in the event, heaven forbid, my dear uncle passes on it will be up to me to take care of her. Sweet little Flan has a weak constitution and can't....."
"So tell me about yourself, Flandre?"

Ugh, that little brat won't even let the poor girl speak for herself. You'll never see her get a word in edge ways with her sister nattering on like that, so you resolve to lock her out of this conversation completely.

"Oh!" She says in a small, yet happy voice. A small smile on her lips, probably glad that she isn't being hounded into silence. "My hobbies include reading poetry, embroidery and playing the clavichord."
"She's really quite skilled."
Relentless Remillia cuts in again, trying her best to stand between you and her sister, figuratively speaking. Flandre give Remillia a hopeless look but gets ignored, she's probably used to being spoken for like this. With a cruel smile she goes on.
"But I imagine you don't have much of an ear for music, Miss Kirisame?"
"It must be nice to have hobbies, I myself don't have much time for such pursuits. Sitting around a dusty old house getting fat and old, well I'd imagine it must be dreadful for some!" Saucily you retort with your own vicious grin. "I suppose the closet thing I have to a hobby is my research."
Conspiratorially you lean in, elbows on the table in blatant disregard for manners, speaking in a low voice to the shy girl now wrapped up in your presence.
"Those are all the hobbies of a proper little lady, but I reckon there's more to you than that. Surely?"
"Miss Kirisame!"
Remillia's indignant exclamation gets ignored, as Flandre responds in a small voice with a sly smirk.

"Wouldn't you like to know, Miss Marisa?"
"Flandre!"

An unspoken threat in her tone Remillia glares intensely at Flandre, a shockingly serious face that has her sister withering under it again. Quickly Flandre stutters out an amendment.

"Ah! I m-mean, that I'm sure I don't know what you're t-talking about!"

Shuffling in her seat she turns her face away from you, Remillia narrows her eyes at you before whispering something angrily to Flandre. You're not sure what just happened but you'd guess Remillia takes her role as her sister's protection so seriously she doesn't want her associating with someone like you, any small attempt at rebellion is quickly stifled or so it would seem. You notice that their maid is glaring daggers at you right now, her appearance rather intimidating.

"Oops! Clumsy me!" The tense atmosphere is broken by Reisen, who spills her wine glass sending expensive red running over the pure white table cloth. Immediately she goes to mop it up with her napkin, serving to only spread the stain into the fabric, sending The Old Man into a deep sigh.
"Just leave it, the help will take care of such things."
Sheepishly Reisen puts down the heavily stained napkin, turning rosy with embarrassment. Discreetly a maid takes the wine glass from the merry young lady and carries it off, she offers no complaint as the maid does so although she does watch her leave the room with it rather regretfully.

There's a lull in the conversation, when...

====================

[ ] Lord Scarlet speaks to you, "So where's Alice? Didn't you bring her with you?"

[ ] Remillia speaks to you, "I'd like to know more about YOU, Miss Kirisame. Seeing as you were so keen on interrogating my sister, it would only be fair, yes?"

[ ] Patchouli gentle gets your attention, "Tell me more about your research, I'm fascinated."

[ ] The others talk amongst themselves, so you stop to listen.
>> No. 15852
[x] Remillia speaks to you, "I'd like to know more about YOU, Miss Kirisame. Seeing as you were so keen on interrogating my sister, it would only be fair, yes?"

Make the bitch back down a tiny bit so we can sink our teeth into her sister easier
>> No. 15879
[ ] Remillia speaks to you, "I'd like to know more about YOU, Miss Kirisame. Seeing as you were so keen on interrogating my sister, it would only be fair, yes?"
>> No. 15918
>"My hobbies include reading poetry, embroidery
...Delicious implications.
>> No. 15935
[x] Lord Scarlet speaks to you, "So where's Alice? Didn't you bring her with you?"

Skeevy motherfucker.
>> No. 15952
[X] Patchouli gentle gets your attention, "Tell me more about your research, I'm fascinated."

Apparently we have a prior relationship to Alice, and now we have Patchouli and Flan in front of us.

Attempting to reconstruct Marisa's fanon harem, yea or nay?
>> No. 15955
File 123749040254.jpg - (117.79KB , 500x746 , 1235237578285.jpg ) [iqdb]
15955
>>15952

Well even if it's not the exact same setting it's still Touhou, right? Although I'm not sure if everyone is gay in this gensoyko.
>> No. 16003
File 123752284817.jpg - (867.34KB , 1260x1641 , have_a_nice_day_at_work_dear.jpg ) [iqdb]
16003
>>15955

Then I can assume we have this sort of relationship with Alice?
>> No. 16025
[x] Remillia speaks to you, "I'd like to know more about YOU, Miss Kirisame. Seeing as you were so keen on interrogating my sister, it would only be fair, yes?"

If we're aiming for a harem, best to try to secure what we have a lead on
>> No. 16085
File 123768792050.jpg - (805.70KB , 1440x900 , 1236730450119.jpg ) [iqdb]
16085
Only two votes in agreement but why not update anyway, eh?

=======================

[x] Remillia speaks to you, "I'd like to know more about YOU, Miss Kirisame. Seeing as you were so keen on interrogating my sister, it would only be fair, yes?"


What is she up to? By the predatory smirk she has and the nasty glimmer in her eye you suspect foul play, she only half pays attention to you while eating slowly but keeping a definite watch on you. Flandre looks like she's got her focus entirely centered on her meal, a forced appearance you'd guess by how careful each of her movements are. It's probably leading up to something Remillia can use against you but you can hardly resist to do a little boasting about your achievements around these stuffy upper class types, let them see what someone with real drive and skill do.

"Talk about myself? Gladly!" Picking your wine glass, seconds before Reisen can sneakily steal it away from you, with a nostalgic smile reflected back at you in the glimmering ruby liquid you begin.
"Let's see, well after I graduated Orreries University top of my class at the age of sixteen I spent a few years apprenticed to my old lecturer working on a few research projects." You pause to clear your throat with a sip of wine, with an incredulous look Patchouli exclaims.
"You graduated at age sixteen?"
"Oh yes, like I said top of my class too. The woman who taught me was so impressed with my work that she took me on as a research assistant you see, she was something like my personal idol at that age so when I was asked I leaped at the chance. Those were the good old days, I almost miss the lack of responsibility the life of a scholar carried with it, although such a sedate lifestyle wouldn't really suit me some how we always found some reason to be out in the field doing something exciting."
Patchouli purses her lips and furrows her brow at you words but says nothing.
"Unfortunately a few years down the line my master disappeared under very mysterious circumstances, almost as if she vanished! Without her around I found myself stifled by the academic world, I wanted to be free to pursue my own study without anyone's interference and to expand my horizons a little, so I opened up a little corner shop in the city."
Simply you shrug.
"I just started out wanting to support my own goals but after a while seeing my company grow became my goal, had you told me all those years ago I was going to end up overseeing an international chain I would of laughed at you!"

Irritatingly Remillia yawns as you talk, barely paying attention to you while her sister listens with rapt attention. In fact you've got almost everyone's ear now, Patchouli seemed pretty keen on hearing about your time at university and even Reisen politely gave you her focus. Only The Old Man carried on stuffing his face regardless. In response to Remillia's little insult you try to get up her nose a little.

"But I'll have to tell you now, we're not selling shares to new investors I'm afraid. We're just not interested in your money."
"Miss Kirisame, I can say quite candidly that I care not a whit for your days as a school girl nor for your little business. The Scarlets have controlling interests in many different companies and despite what impression you might of gotten from my uncle, yours is of little note to us. As for education, I was privately tutored by the eminent Yumemi Okazaki although I find instinct far more useful when it comes to my particular affairs."
"Well, Remi, darling," You begin with a vicious smile, trying your best not to reach over the table and casually pluck her eye out with a fork. "If you're not interested in my past, why in heaven's name did you ask?"
"Well, Mari, darling," She returns your grim countenance with her own nasty little smirk. "I was more concerned with your linage. I'm not familiar with the Kirisame family, is it foreign? I'm sure I'd be fascinated by anything you could tell me about your mother and father."
"Why would you want to know that?"
Hating to sound defensive you're certain whatever it is she's striving towards, you don't like the sound of it. You're not sure why she's so interested to know your family background but you're certain she won't ask for mere curiosity's sake.

"Blood."
She states simply spreading her gloved hands before her.
"Blood? I'm not sure I follow you..."
"Blood is a little hobby of mine, descendance, family trees and the like. At first I took an interest in my own blood line, imagine my surprise when I eventually traced my heritage to the royal family old Romania!"
With great pride she smiles broadly as she says this, lightly placing a few fingers on her chest that swells with importance. From behind a mouthful Lord Scarlet snorts once but Remillia pays him no mind. Lacing her fingers together she narrows her eyes at you, heart full of cruelty.

"I find blood is an essential thing when it comes to one's character, I'm curious as to your character, Marisa."

================================

[ ] "Of course, I understand completely. I think you'll find that I am in fact Marisa, Callista, Helene, Papadopoulos of Thessaly. Perhaps you've heard of my grandfather, Andrei Papadopoulos the famous general?" (total lie)

[ ] "Romania's old royal family? Why what a coincidence, I can trace my family tree back to there as well, cousin!" (ridiculous lie)

[ ] "My father was a green grocer and my mum worked in a factory, I had to be adopted by one of the chairs at the university to even go. I scratched my way outta the gutter to get where I am and I'm proud of it!" (truth)

[ ] "I fail to see why I should discuss my family with you, Miss Scarlet." (rude)
>> No. 16095
[x] "Of course, I understand completely. I think you'll find that I am in fact Marisa, Callista, Helene, Papadopoulos of Thessaly. Perhaps you've heard of my grandfather, Andrei Papadopoulos the famous general?" (total lie)

We are a liar. Let's practice our trade.
>> No. 16096
[ ] "Of course, I understand completely. I think you'll find that I am in fact Marisa, Callista, Helene, Papadopoulos of Thessaly. Perhaps you've heard of my grandfather, Andrei Papadopoulos the famous general?" (total lie)

Heh.
>> No. 16129
[x] "My father was a green grocer and my mum worked in a factory, I had to be adopted by one of the chairs at the university to even go. I scratched my way outta the gutter to get where I am and I'm proud of it!" (truth)

So by telling the truth, people will think we're liars. Therefore, Remilia will start to believe we're being far too modest, and are actually greater than we claim to be. This might ease suspicion of being some lowly peasant trying to kill Lord Scarlet out of greed or malice - especially since everyone else here does not look as if they would dirty their own hands with blood(Reisen being a clutz would not rouse much attention).
>> No. 16179
[x] "Ah blood... Thinking back to university, my fellow students threw that around a lot. That being better than everyone one else was in their blood. The sons and daughters of the most powerful people around. It's amazing how they all reacted the same when someone from a background such as mine went and did better than them. For all the character in the world they were given, when someone beats those who thinks they're better off than someone else because of how they were born, all that remains is a spoiled little brat whose been too afraid to step out of mommy and daddy's shadow, and make a name for themselves by themselves instead of through trying to throw power around..."
[x] "Oh do forgive me, I seem to have lost myself there and stepped away from your question. To answer it though, my father was a green grocer and my mum worked in a factory, I had to be adopted by one of the chairs at the university to even go. I scratched my way outta the gutter to get where I am and I'm proud of it!"
[x] "You really shouldn't put so much focus into your blood though. The greater one's family past, the more pressure one is likely to feel they have to match their predecessors. It's always best to live as you want to be, not how others think you should be no matter who they are. Whether it's a parent figure, (turning to make sure both Flandre and Remilia are within your focus) or a sister

Put her in her place, inspire Flandre to act on her own~
>> No. 16181
[x] "Ah blood... Thinking back to university, my fellow students threw that around a lot. That being better than everyone one else was in their blood. The sons and daughters of the most powerful people around. It's amazing how they all reacted the same when someone from a background such as mine went and did better than them. For all the character in the world they were given, when someone beats those who thinks they're better off than someone else because of how they were born, all that remains is a spoiled little brat whose been too afraid to step out of mommy and daddy's shadow, and make a name for themselves by themselves instead of through trying to throw power around..."
[x] "Oh do forgive me, I seem to have lost myself there and stepped away from your question. To answer it though, my father was a green grocer and my mum worked in a factory, I had to be adopted by one of the chairs at the university to even go. I scratched my way outta the gutter to get where I am and I'm proud of it!"
[x] "You really shouldn't put so much focus into your blood though. The greater one's family past, the more pressure one is likely to feel they have to match their predecessors. It's always best to live as you want to be, not how others think you should be no matter who they are. Whether it's a parent figure, (turning to make sure both Flandre and Remilia are within your focus) or a sister
>> No. 16184
[ ] "Of course, I understand completely. I think you'll find that I am in fact Marisa Callista Helene Papadopoulos of Thessaly. Perhaps you've heard of my grandfather, Andrei Papadopoulos the famous general?"
[x] Keep a straight face and do not let on that you are mocking Remilia
[x] ...Unless she calls you out on it
-- (x) In which case drop the jackassery and speak from the heart:
-- (x) "My father was a greengrocer and my mom worked in a factory. Hell, I had to be adopted by one of the deans at the university to even go! I scratched my way outta the gutter to get where I am, and I'm damn proud of it!"

>Those were the good old days
Coming from Marisa, that's one hell of a barb.
>> No. 16213
[x] "Ah blood... Thinking back to university, my fellow students threw that around a lot. That being better than everyone one else was in their blood. The sons and daughters of the most powerful people around. It's amazing how they all reacted the same when someone from a background such as mine went and did better than them. For all the character in the world they were given, when someone beats those who thinks they're better off than someone else because of how they were born, all that remains is a spoiled little brat whose been too afraid to step out of mommy and daddy's shadow, and make a name for themselves by themselves instead of through trying to throw power around..."
[x] "Oh do forgive me, I seem to have lost myself there and stepped away from your question. To answer it though, my father was a green grocer and my mum worked in a factory, I had to be adopted by one of the chairs at the university to even go. I scratched my way outta the gutter to get where I am and I'm proud of it!"
[x] "You really shouldn't put so much focus into your blood though. The greater one's family past, the more pressure one is likely to feel they have to match their predecessors. It's always best to live as you want to be, not how others think you should be no matter who they are. Whether it's a parent figure, (turning to make sure both Flandre and Remilia are within your focus) or a sister

hmmmmmmmm
>> No. 16215
[x] "Ah blood... Thinking back to university, my fellow students threw that around a lot. That being better than everyone one else was in their blood. The sons and daughters of the most powerful people around. It's amazing how they all reacted the same when someone from a background such as mine went and did better than them. For all the character in the world they were given, when someone beats those who thinks they're better off than someone else because of how they were born, all that remains is a spoiled little brat whose been too afraid to step out of mommy and daddy's shadow, and make a name for themselves by themselves instead of through trying to throw power around..."
[x] "Oh do forgive me, I seem to have lost myself there and stepped away from your question. To answer it though, my father was a green grocer and my mum worked in a factory, I had to be adopted by one of the chairs at the university to even go. I scratched my way outta the gutter to get where I am and I'm proud of it!"
[x] "You really shouldn't put so much focus into your blood though. The greater one's family past, the more pressure one is likely to feel they have to match their predecessors. It's always best to live as you want to be, not how others think you should be no matter who they are. Whether it's a parent figure, (turning to make sure both Flandre and Remilia are within your focus) or a sister
>> No. 16222
[X] "Ah blood... Thinking back to university, my fellow students threw that around a lot. That being better than everyone one else was in their blood. The sons and daughters of the most powerful people around. It's amazing how they all reacted the same when someone from a background such as mine went and did better than them. For all the character in the world they were given, when someone beats those who thinks they're better off than someone else because of how they were born, all that remains is a spoiled little brat whose been too afraid to step out of mommy and daddy's shadow, and make a name for themselves by themselves instead of through trying to throw power around..."
[X] "Oh do forgive me, I seem to have lost myself there and stepped away from your question. To answer it though, my father was a green grocer and my mum worked in a factory, I had to be adopted by one of the chairs at the university to even go. I scratched my way outta the gutter to get where I am and I'm proud of it!"
[X] "You really shouldn't put so much focus into your blood though. The greater one's family past, the more pressure one is likely to feel they have to match their predecessors. It's always best to live as you want to be, not how others think you should be no matter who they are. Whether it's a parent figure, (turning to make sure both Flandre and Remilia are within your focus) or a sister.

While i guess it's unfortunate that we seem to be having a poor relationship with Remilia, this is the best option here, i think.
>> No. 16235
[x] "Ah blood... Thinking back to university, my fellow students threw that around a lot. That being better than everyone one else was in their blood. The sons and daughters of the most powerful people around. It's amazing how they all reacted the same when someone from a background such as mine went and did better than them. For all the character in the world they were given, when someone beats those who thinks they're better off than someone else because of how they were born, all that remains is a spoiled little brat whose been too afraid to step out of mommy and daddy's shadow, and make a name for themselves by themselves instead of through trying to throw power around..."
[x] "Oh do forgive me, I seem to have lost myself there and stepped away from your question. To answer it though, my father was a green grocer and my mum worked in a factory, I had to be adopted by one of the chairs at the university to even go. I scratched my way outta the gutter to get where I am and I'm proud of it!"
[x] "You really shouldn't put so much focus into your blood though. The greater one's family past, the more pressure one is likely to feel they have to match their predecessors. It's always best to live as you want to be, not how others think you should be no matter who they are. Whether it's a parent figure, (turning to make sure both Flandre and Remilia are within your focus) or a sister
>> No. 16241
[x] "Ah blood... Thinking back to university, my fellow students threw that around a lot. That being better than everyone one else was in their blood. The sons and daughters of the most powerful people around. It's amazing how they all reacted the same when someone from a background such as mine went and did better than them. For all the character in the world they were given, when someone beats those who thinks they're better off than someone else because of how they were born, all that remains is a spoiled little brat whose been too afraid to step out of mommy and daddy's shadow, and make a name for themselves by themselves instead of through trying to throw power around..."
[x] "Oh do forgive me, I seem to have lost myself there and stepped away from your question. To answer it though, my father was a green grocer and my mum worked in a factory, I had to be adopted by one of the chairs at the university to even go. I scratched my way outta the gutter to get where I am and I'm proud of it!"
[x] "You really shouldn't put so much focus into your blood though. The greater one's family past, the more pressure one is likely to feel they have to match their predecessors. It's always best to live as you want to be, not how others think you should be no matter who they are. Whether it's a parent figure, (turning to make sure both Flandre and Remilia are within your focus) or a sister
>> No. 16294
[x] "Ah blood... Thinking back to university, my fellow students threw that around a lot. That being better than everyone one else was in their blood. The sons and daughters of the most powerful people around. It's amazing how they all reacted the same when someone from a background such as mine went and did better than them. For all the character in the world they were given, when someone beats those who thinks they're better off than someone else because of how they were born, all that remains is a spoiled little brat whose been too afraid to step out of mommy and daddy's shadow, and make a name for themselves by themselves instead of through trying to throw power around..."
[x] "Oh do forgive me, I seem to have lost myself there and stepped away from your question. To answer it though, my father was a green grocer and my mum worked in a factory, I had to be adopted by one of the chairs at the university to even go. I scratched my way outta the gutter to get where I am and I'm proud of it!"
[x] "You really shouldn't put so much focus into your blood though. The greater one's family past, the more pressure one is likely to feel they have to match their predecessors. It's always best to live as you want to be, not how others think you should be no matter who they are. Whether it's a parent figure, (turning to make sure both Flandre and Remilia are within your focus) or a sister."
>> No. 17327
Updates?
>> No. 17328
Scorn apparently was distracted by KoToR 1 and 2. Didn't manage to get a clear answer from him regarding when his next update would be.
>> No. 17329
>KoToR 1 and 2.

...Give him a couple weeks.
>> No. 17330
He said he had finished KoToR 1 on Friday at least
>> No. 17342
>KoToR 1 and 2.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is KoToR?
>> No. 17343
>>17342

Knights of The Old Republic. A series of Star Wars roleplaying games.

Carth is a whiny little bitch. Atton was a much better replacement.
>> No. 17381
File 123862965766.jpg - (14.10KB , 266x237 , 1238002679518.jpg ) [iqdb]
17381
>>17328

Yeah this, I'm sorry guys. I have a tendency to lose track of time when playing games like this so often "just a few hours before writing" ends up with me awake at 7am. It's not a good excuse, in fact I feel I've been a very bad writefag the last couple of months so know that I do feel guilt for my lax attitude. However I have some free time for the next two weeks or so, minus time spent in the library and going home for easter, so I will apply myself more thoroughly hereafter. Tomorrow night I will chain myself to the goddamn desk and uninstall any distractions if I have to.
>> No. 17437
>>17381

FLA? ;_;
>> No. 17459
>>17381

That spider is alarmingly cute.
>> No. 17510
File 123871872198.jpg - (30.39KB , 500x461 , 1236730947735.jpg ) [iqdb]
17510
"Ah blood... Thinking back to university, if you'll indulge a little more nostalgia, my fellow students threw that around a lot. That being better than everyone one else was in their blood, manifest destiny of a kind. The sons and daughters of the most powerful people around, it's amazing how they all reacted the same when someone from a background such as mine went and did better than them."
Next, you turn to the uppity little Scarlet with a slight leer of disdain, while Remillia holds up a mask of impeccable restraint her little hands dressed in gloves of white velvet clench into trembling fists.
"For all the character in the world they were given, when someone beats those who thinks they're better off than someone else because of how they were born, all that remains is a spoiled little brat whose been too afraid to step out of mommy and daddy's shadow, and make a name for themselves by themselves instead of through trying to throw power around..."
"I quite agree, Miss Kirisame. Those who cannot live up to the legacy of their heritage are no better than those born to obscurity."
Like a calm ocean with raging currents below the surface, Remillia's cold, quiet voice barely hints at the raging anger swirling inside her. Her face even more pale, assuming that's possible.

"Oh do forgive me," Lightening your tone you wave a hand before you as if clearing the air and smile a bit.
"I seem to have lost myself there and stepped away from your question. To answer it though, my father was a green grocer and my mum worked in a factory, I had to be adopted by one of the chairs at the university to even attend, seeing as I didn't qualify for a scholarship."

Lifting your glass in a toast to yourself, witnessing the wild flash in Remillia's eyes as you do so, you add with pride.
"I scratched my way outta the gutter to get where I am and I'm proud of it!"

"You really shouldn't put so much focus on your blood though. The greater one's family past, the more pressure one is likely to feel they have to match their predecessors. Not to mention generations of skeletons in the closet, so to speak. It's always best to live as you want to be, not how others think you should be no matter who they are. Whether it's a parent figure,"
With a twist of the proverbial knife, you finish with a flourish and a knowing wink to Flandre as you add.

"Or a sister."

With one last tip of your glass to your audience you tilt your head back slightly and drink deeply of rich, red wine as you congratulate yourself on a fine performance. Really you should of gone into theater or something, they're doing amazing things with cinema at the moment or so you're told. Discreetly you peek through your eyelids at the women before you, gauging their reaction to your little spiel. Reisen seems quite lost in herself with an politely attentive yet detached expression, violet eyes regard you carefully over spectacle rims the librarian's face unreadable and from Ran you get the feeling of subdued approval by the look of satisfaction she has.
>> No. 17512
File 123871875468.jpg - (495.28KB , 673x1009 , 295fc358733828bfd042f546b43f4030.jpg ) [iqdb]
17512
Dropping any pretense now Flandre watches you, lips pursed in contemplation of something by the look of her but Remillia..... She sits arms folded, a defiant twist on her mouth. Mockingly she brings her hands together in applause while shaking her head.

"A very pretty little speech Marisa, I'm always amazed by the passion your sort can show when it comes to things like this, the way you people so proudly defend your heritage no matter how muddy it might be. Of course, some of us have no need to defend our heritage in the slightest, quality will speak for itself after all."
Wistfully she sighs, as your stomach becomes a cold and hard stone.
"I suppose without something to defend a lord or lady might seem rather aloof or passionless when compared to the burning desperation to escape the bonds of class that people like you have. I must commend you on staying true to your roots Marisa no matter how scrubby, in a way I find a little of myself in you like this."
White teeth, as cruel and sharp as any predator's flash at you.

"But no oak survives on scrubby roots, remember that."
"Well! I should say-"
"Oh please you two, all this carrying on is wreaking havoc on my digestion!"
Before you can retort and deny Remillia the last word, The Old Man grumbles a complaint against you both glowering with piggy little eyes under a furrowed brow.
"If you MUST do this feel free to leave the rest of us in peace, we were about to retire to the drawing room anyway."

To head off any further protest he lumbers out of his chair with the help of a nearby maid, Reisen and soon Patchouli are on their feet not long after ignoring both you and Remillia to join Lord Scarlet as he waddles his way to the door, reluctantly Ran follows a little distance behind them. Remillia spares a fleeting glance of fury in your direction before sweeping off ahead with a little humph, hands on hips.

You linger for a moment, chocking down your outrage. The little bitch had the last word in, just as you were about to tell her what's what! No matter how searing your next remarks would have been it doesn't matter, in her mind she won this one and that's just the same as you losing it in the end. Unconsciously you claw at the table cloth before you, glaring daggers into Remillia's back as she pauses to whisper to that strange maid of hers, probably being sure to ignore you in case she gets snared again by you. How you'd love to wrap your fingers around her fragile, little neck and...

"M-miss Kirisame?"

A little voice from beside you snaps your mind back to the present, someone's talking to you in a very frail and cautious way. Probably that damn Frisca again, what could she possibly want with you now?

"What?"
You snap angrily and dart your eyes to the owner of that tiny voice, Flandre flinches back slightly in reflex making you feel a tinge of regret. Looking at this shy, slip of a girl saps some of the anger out of you, no matter how her sister irks you something about this Scarlet is hard to hate. You repeat yourself, more softly.

"What?"
"We'll be left behind Miss Kirisame, please hurry."
"Oh!"

It's true, already the dining room has been abandoned to the servants as they clear away the left overs. Flandre stands awkwardly next to you in the midst of the hustle and bustle of servants, gratefully you let her lead you out the room a little bemused by her. Back in those endless tunnels of red you see The Old Man and the other guests a little way ahead of you, Lord Scarlet leading the way to the drawing room as the others cluster behind him.

As you draw near to them, Flandre goes as if to speak to you then stops herself, shaking her head slightly and turning her eyes to the floor. Again she tries and this time finds her voice.

"Um..."
"Flandre, come."

Strictly Remillia cuts her sister off and points to a spot by her side, glaring at you as she does so. The girl at your side gives you a beseeching look.

==================

[ ] Ignore Remillia. "What is it, Flan?"

[ ] "You best do as she says, don't mind me. We can talk later if you want."

[ ] Ignore the pair of them and talk to anyone else, you've had enough of the Scarlets for now. (pick another conversation partner or no one if you wish)
>> No. 17514
[X] Ignore Remillia. "What is it, Flan?"

I like this Flan. She deserves hugs.
>> No. 17515
While you and I wait, why not amuse us both by trying this out too:

http://www.touhouproject.com/at/res/2056.html
>> No. 17517
[ ] Ignore Remillia. "What is it, Flan?"
>> No. 17518
[x] Ignore Remillia. "What is it, Flan?"
>> No. 17528
[x] Ignore Remillia. "What is it, Flan?"

Shame we didn't get a chance to deal any real damage to her, but at least we accomplished the primary goal of that write-in. Flandre is now far more into us.
>> No. 17529
[x] Ignore Remillia. "What is it, Flan?"
>> No. 17542
[x] Ignore Remillia. "What is it, Flan?"
>> No. 17550
[ze] Ignore Remillia. "What is it, Flan?"

Your faction with The Basement Dweller has increased (7)!
>> No. 17574
[x] Ignore Remillia. "What is it, Flan?"
>> No. 17582
[X] Ignore Remillia. "What is it, Flan?"
>> No. 17583
[x] Ignore Remillia. "What is it, Flan?"
>> No. 17616
File 123889227560.jpg - (78.29KB , 555x555 , 1238342531716.jpg ) [iqdb]
17616
You urge the girl to go on, ignoring her indignant sister's commands. She hesitates, torn between the two of you and casting a nervous glance back at Remillia who shakes her head slightly then turns away from you with a haughty flick of her hair. Flandre sighs a little, while the pair of you hang at the back of the group she speaks almost in a whisper.

"Um, what's it like to wear trousers?"
"Hmm?"
"It's just that, I've never seen a woman wear them before!"

Awkwardly she splutters that out with a mix of awe and amazement, looking at the article in question. Now that you think about it you're the only person here not wearing a skirt or some kind of a dress, Lord Scarlet excluded from that of course. Considering her reaction to what you're wearing you'd guess this girl lives a rather sheltered life, that said even Mima seemed rather amused by your choice in clothes.

"Oh this?" You say casually plucking at the material. "Well a skirt does look very nice I'll admit but I find this more practical, what's more people seem to take you more seriously when you wear a pair of trousers."
"But isn't it, um, unusual for a lady to wear trousers?"
"By unusual do you mean undignified?"
As her cheeks goes rosy you grin at her, at least she was trying no to offend you. She mutters something like an apology, unable to look at you again. Honestly this girl's got no confidence in herself.
"Anyway I don't think that's true at all," You go on. "Clothes don't make the gal', the gal' makes the clothes!"
"Um," She says again, is it a habit of hers to start every other sentence with um? "What do you mean by that?"
"It means the clothes aren't as important as the person wearing them of course!"

Wide eyed she nods, seeing her so swayed by such a simple saying raises a chuckle in you and she giggles a little along with you, probably not actually understanding the reason for your humor.

"Thank you Miss Kirisame."
She says, nodding again as she goes to turn you stop her.
"Feel free to call me Marisa."
"Really? Then please call me Flandre!"

She beams a smile at you, nods one final time and then heads over to her sister's side. As you draw nearer to the rest of the guests you over hear a snippet of hushed conversation between the Scarlet sisters.
"...were you talking about with that reprobate?"
"Just about....clothes, Remillia."
"Humph!"

"If you will all join me in here, ladies!"
Opening a squat door with velvet panels The Old Man steps through, without the courtesy to hold it open for the women you notice. Inside is a low ceiling'd chamber with a few settees and recliners arranged around a central coffee table, upon which a cafetiere and seven cups are arranged. At least the decor isn't running to the theme of red in this house, rather it's done up with powder blue wall paper which already is an instant improvement in your mind.

"Take a seat anywhere you like, the maid will be along in a moment to serve the coffee. Relax and let your food go down, I find a short period of reclining after dinner does wonders for your digestion. Perhaps with a cigar or two."

He makes a gurgling little laugh at that last bit, presumably at what he thought was a joke of some sort. Plucking a long brown cylinder out of a near by humidor he waves it around as an offer to those assembled, you and most of the others turn it down except for Reisen who accepts the foul thing curiously.

As each person gravitates to a seat you find yourself sat on a settee with Patchouli again, Remillia goes out of her way to steer herself and her sister away from you, The Old Man sits in a horribly stained old ragged arm chair and Reisen takes a sofa to herself because no one wanted to sit with her as she smokes.

"Now," The Old Man pauses, lights the cigar and puffs on it until the end looks like a fat, ugly firefly in the darkened room, tendrils of blue smoke linger in the warm air.
"I suppose you're wondering why you're all here."

To your side you hear Reisen as she coughs violently on the smoke from her own cigar, eyes running she grabs at her chest.

=================================

[ ] "It's obviously about your inheritance."

[ ] "Yeah, I'm curious as to why you needed us all down here so urgently. It's a bit of an odd mix don't you think?"

[ ] Keep your mouth shut and your ears open.
>> No. 17617
File 123889253754.jpg - (40.42KB , 310x300 , 1235157068203.jpg ) [iqdb]
17617
Now I'm afraid I'll be going home to my backwater village again tomorrow so don't hope for updates, not sure how long I'll be gone but I'll try to keep my visit brief. Hopefully I'll be back on the ball Thursday if I can convince my mother to let me go before Easter, if not it'll end up being something like the Tuesday after next.

Personally I'm not happy about it, going home is so boring.
>> No. 17633
[x] Keep your mouth shut and your ears open.

The first option runs the risk of being too forward as in the event we choose to murder him, it might create unnecessary suspicion towards us, while the second one would seem to belittle the intelligence we've set up for ourselves, even if we made it out that we're far more simple than the rest of them. Simple logic should dictate why this man has gathered everyone.
>> No. 17659
[ze] Keep your mouth shut and your ears open.

Poor, gullible Reisen.
>> No. 17662
>>17617
/at/ needs you Scorn, how can you desert in front of the enemy?
>> No. 17667
[x] Keep your mouth shut and your ears open.
>> No. 18510
SCORN WHERE DID YOU GO.
>> No. 18511
He was on IRC yesterday, said he would update soon enough.
>> No. 18529
File 123991497370.jpg - (32.20KB , 644x1002 , Mustard_Cluedo65.jpg ) [iqdb]
18529
If I had photoshop I'd so shoop Marisa's head onto this, shit would be SO cash.

======

Somewhere in the distance there is a peal of thunder, rolling rumble that echoes ominously through the stark halls of the mansion, playing with the lights to make them flicker. For an instant you see the others outlined eerily in the fleeting shadows, stark looming figures filled with menace. Creatures made of harsh angles, sharp edges cutting their way into the air around them, a coven of cruel predators.

As soon as it came it's gone, the lurking things in the dark banished by the light once more. Just the result of your over active imagination, no one else seems phased by the event to the point you wonder if it even happened.

"My will," The Old Man rasps, choking down another lung full of smoke. "Has been finished. Should you wish to peruse the content a copy can be provided, you need but ask."
He waves the cigar at the distraught, trembling Reisen.
"In your case it details the portion of my estate I've bequeathed to your superiors. I believe you'll all find I've been more than generous."
"Forgive me, Lord Scarlet, but if that is the case then why did you call us all out here? You could of easily contacted us by other means."
Fixing the slumped figure in the armchair with a suspicious glare, Ran speaks her discontent.
"Yeah," You add to Ran's speculation. "There's more to it than that, isn't there?"

His face splits into a nasty grin, lips pulled back over blackened gums studded with crooked yellow teeth, you can only imagine the repulsive smell that lies within.

"You're right of course, you see I wanted you all here so that I might give you all a little present, personally."

Past the sagging skin, nestled within the wrinkles and behind the weak, pink eyes a little spark glimmers inside The Old Man. The faint light that bodes ill for all present.

"You see, I'm going to take a trip to China soon. I hear they can do wondrous things with herbs and needles there, while I take every story of oriental immortality with a grain of salt there must be some truth to the rumors of longevity they possess. Of course such a journey would no doubt put me beyond all hopes of being contacted by anyone who should wish to find me, I suspect that even the eventual news of my death would be greatly delayed in finding it's way to all of you."
"U-Uncle!"
Remillia gasps at him as the whole room shifts uncomfortably.

That bastard. That evil, wretched, devious, cunning old bastard! Not only does he plan on living on further to spite you but he'll delay your moves to reclaim the company for years potentially while proof of his death is proven! Even if death he plans on tormenting you! Remillia must be seething with outrage right now as well, with one fell swoop he's denied the next generation their very right to succeed him. You'd admire his foresight and dirty, low down cunning if you didn't hate him so much for it.

"I have read," Patchouli says slowly, looking pointedly at him. "That there are a multitude of dangerous flora and fauna in China, perhaps you would be wise not to take such foolhardy risks with your life. Scarlet."
"Yes that's right!" Remillia pipes in quickly withe feigned concern. "You're not a young man ready for such an adventure, you mustn't do anything to put your life at risk!"

"Oh I imagine it can't be any more dangerous than where I am now."
He pauses.
"I refer to my health of course."

Of course, and you're not plotting to throttle the old wanker with his belt right now. Those ugly yellow teeth practically scream with howls of laughter, he's very proud of his little trick right now. His unvoiced gloating only makes you angrier.

"Of course, while I'm away I'll have to leave the Rose Manor closed and empty. You won't mind leaving the Voile in a few weeks, will you dear Patchouli?"

Her nostrils flare, shoulders tighten and fingers curl up to press her nails into her hands but the fragile librarian says nothing. Lord Scarlet looks like he's trying to suppress a laugh. His shoulders hunched in a way that with his hooked nose and bony talon like hands makes him look like a great horrible vulture, perched upon the tall backed chair.

Cold, indignant rage sits heavily in your stomach like a stone. With one masterful stroke he's denied you your very future, stolen away the next few years of your life to serve under his yoke for even longer. It's a hard fight to stop your face from twitching as it tries to wrench your muscles into a glare, an even harder fight is to resist the urge to strangle the life out of that walking corpse.

"But enough about my little holiday. This is about all of you, about my little present for you all. I've put a lot of thought into this so I hope you're all grateful. Now,"
He says warmly, almost.
"Look under your chairs, you shall find a box under each of them."

You hesitate, looking around the room no one meets your eye save Ran. She gives you a look as perplexed as any of the others but inclines her head to you slightly, her intention is beyond you however. The first to move is Reisen, bending down she runs her hands under the sofa and pulls out an ornately wrapped box like a Christmas or birthday present, slowly the rest follow suite.

It takes you a moment to find your own, hands groping in the darkness you half expect to be grabbed by something horrible. Your fingers bump into something wrapped in fabric, grabbing a strand of ribbon you pull it out, it feels like something heavy is inside. All around you the guests are in various stages of finding or opening their box.

Your box is wrapped in yellow cloth, cotton you'd guess, bound with a black satin ribbon. Tugging on a loose end of the ribbon the knot melts away and the cloth slips open revealing the ornate paper underneath, slipping your nails under the edges you lift the lid.

There, nestled in pink tissue paper is....

=====================

[ ] An old steel wrench

[ ] A heavy pewter candle stick

[ ] A brass handled letter opener

[ ] A small bottle with a worn label containing a dark liquid

[ ] A cavalry revolver

[ ] A length of rope
>> No. 18530
[X] A cavalry revolver.

Frankly, I'd rather we have it than any of the others. Makeshift weapons aren't too hard to come by, but if it comes down to a confrontation with one of the other guests later, I would rather that we have this on hand.
>> No. 18535
Oh yeah JiG is also on for anyone passing by.
>> No. 18538
[x] A cavalry revolver.

As long as we're the only ones with a gun, if we kill him through blunt force trauma, the suspicion quickly goes onto others.
>> No. 18540
[x] A cavalry revolver.
>> No. 18541
[x] A brass handled letter opener

As much as I'd like to piss off Marisa with the wrench or the rope, I'd rather be stealthy.
>> No. 18544
[X] A cavalry revolver.
>> No. 18565
[ze] A brass-handled letter opener.

Does not need ammo.
>> No. 18566
[ ] A heavy pewter candle stick
>> No. 18588
File 124001165458.png - (372.80KB , 669x442 , Cluedo_arms.png ) [iqdb]
18588
The intricate ornamentation along the gunmetal, intertwining lines like bronzed rose stems that travel from the muzzle across the frame to the grip, the feather light weigh in your hand and the comfortable feel against your palm. Even a gun cretin like you can appreciate the fine workmanship of this item, you know just enough to understand that the barrel length and weight makes it the weapon of a mounted officer but more than that you couldn't say. You'd doubt this weapon has ever actually been fired, it looks too fancy for that, more likely it would be worn on parade or some such.

You wonder if it's loaded.....

Trying not to seem to interest you peek at what the other guests are doing with their presents, Reisen sits starting blankly into her box but she hasn't taken whatever it is out, annoyingly you can't see. Ran on the other hand has something long made of a dark metal in her hands, you can't make out the details from here though...

"Uncle?" Remillia says shakily. "Is this some kind of a joke?"
"Well I never found time to spend with my collection of cars dear niece," He replies with all the civility of emperor and all the malice of a twisted old man. "So I thought that considering you'd be inheriting my collection you might like to have a hand in fixing some of them up you see, it's a fascinating hobby. Or so I've heard."

Holding the offending object, an old mechanic's wrench by the look of things, between her fingers on an outstretched arm Remillia scowls at it with disgust. Oh it's such a wonderful look for her! The way she curls her bottom look, wrinkles her nose and scowls so petulantly you can just picture her looking like that on her birthday being told she can't have another pony, it's priceless! You're willing to bet that didn't get into the family portrait.

"Um, I think this is rather pretty."
Dreamily Flandre cradles a sharpened letter opener with a brass handle in her hands, it gleams with a burnished finish in the dim light of the room. Unlike her bratty sister Flandre seems quite grateful for her "present", examining it's every detail with a little note of awe.

"Uncle!" Remillia exclaims again, grabbing the knife from Fladnre's hand, rather pushy when she's disappointed isn't she?
"This sort of thing is dangerous! What if she were to have one of her little....."
"Moments?"
Lord Scarlet finishes her sentence for her, with another one of those ghastly yellow toothed sneers. A high pitched wail pierces the air making you cringe.
"I HATE YOU REMILLIA! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!"

Bursting into hysterics the younger Scarlet sister screams at the elder, already her face streaming with tears and flushed with anger Flandre flees the room sobbing miserably.

"Poor thing..."
Ran mutters, only just on the edge of hearing.

However Remillia ignores her sister's outburst, her attention captivated by her uncle. No longer playing the roll of the dutiful niece Remillia and her uncle have dropped their masks for a moment, the clear animosity written plain across their faces. The bratty child seems very sober all of a sudden, her confused and angry face searching for some clue in Lord Scarlet's, what she is trying to understand you don't know but it seems The Old Man isn't giving anything away.

"Sakuya!"
"Yes, my lady."
Dear god, you didn't even realize she was in the room. That suspicious maid you spotted at dinner almost materializes at her mistress's side from thin air, her head bowed dutifully in submission. Without taking her blazing eyes away from the face of that hated man, she hands her servant the knife and wrench.

"Take these and go find Flandre, immediately!"
"Of course, my lady."

The items seem to disappear into her uniform, they're gone faster than your eye can follow. It seems the maid isn't capable of a similar trick however as you clearly track her across the room as she leaves, you can't help but note her light step, almost soundless, as she departs. Wordlessly Remillia storms out after her, practically stamping her feet in contrast with her elegant maid.

Silence falls.

".....Aren't you going to open yours? Ms Patchouli?"
Silence is broken by none other than Reisen, of course, who gestures to the untouched box sitting beside her. Hands folded in her lap Patchouli doesn't acknowledge it.

"I have no wish to be involved in whatever just occurred in this room tonight, whatever events seek to unfold themselves shall do so without my participation."
"Do you reject my gift, dear Patchouli?"
Spitting the word dear, Lord Scarlet glowers at her.
"I do, as any sane person would. If we are done here, Scarlet, might I return to my study?"
"Fine, of course. Goodnight to you then."
"And a goodnight to you all."

As she also leaves the room The Old Man looks disgruntled, almost as perturbed as Remillia looked when she was given that wrench, he stares balefully at the unopened box. As Patchouli makes her exit, she sends a passing look your way but you're not sure if she means anything by it.

"WHERE'S THAT DAMN MAID, FRISCA?"
Bellowing with a wheeze The Old Man gets up angrily, thumping a weak fist upon a side table toppling an ash tray that scatters debris across the floor. Holding his hunched back in one hand he disregards the rest of you and waves the other hand around calling for his servants.

"I AM TIRED OF COMPANY! BRING ME A BRANDY IN MY TROPHY ROOM!"
Unhappy looking Frisca emerges from the hall and takes her horrible master's hand in hers, silently and obediently to help him walk. Unashamedly he grabs her buttocks in full view of you and the rest of the ladies, making you flash with hatred, as he hobbles his way out she gives you a look that seems to say. "Please don't pity me."

The door clicks shut and silence descends again, only you, Ran and Reisen remain in the drawing room now. Awkwardly you shuffle in your seat, unsure how to react to all the drama that just exploded here. In the corner of your eye you see Reisen trying to stealthily dispose of her Cigar, probably not wanting to offend anyone by throwing away such an expensive luxury.

=====

[ ] You're interested in talking to someone, even if you have to track them down to do so. Who?

[ ] All this has left you drained, a nice long soak in the bath and then to bed with you. You can face it all in the morning.

[ ] You're restless but not sure what to do, you'll take a stroll through the mansion and get your bearings a little.

[ ] Early to bed and early to rise already made you healthy, wealthy and wise. Why break the habit of a life time?

[ ] Write in extra?

Additionally:

[ ] Take the gun

[ ] Leave it

=========

You can do one of the major options before ending the day but there's room for anything that can be done that isn't major but still warrants attention.
>> No. 18594
>Cluedo_arms.png
I didn't even notice the reference until you posted that picture.
>she gives you a look that seems to say. "Please don't pity me."
;_;

[x] Search the box for bullets; take the gun.
[x] Early to bed and early to rise already made you healthy, wealthy and wise. Why break the habit of a life time?
[x] Announce your departure "Well, I'll be off to bed then, ladies" as you leave the room, grumble out loud enough so everyone can hear "How kind of the old man to give us all tools with which to beat him over the head".
>> No. 18596
[x] Search the box for bullets; take the gun.
[x] Early to bed and early to rise already made you healthy, wealthy and wise. Why break the habit of a life time?
[x] Announce your departure "Well, I'll be off to bed then, ladies" as you leave the room, grumble out loud enough so everyone can hear "How kind of the old man to give us all tools with which to beat him over the head".
>> No. 18599
[x] You're interested in talking to someone, even if you have to track them down to do so. Who?
[x]Flandre
[x]Take the gun
>> No. 18600
[x] Search the box for bullets; take the gun.
[x] Early to bed and early to rise already made you healthy, wealthy and wise. Why break the habit of a life time?
[x] Announce your departure "Well, I'll be off to bed then, ladies" as you leave the room, grumble out loud enough so everyone can hear "How kind of the old man to give us all tools with which to beat him over the head".
>> No. 18601
[x] Search the box for bullets; take the gun.
[x] Early to bed and early to rise already made you healthy, wealthy and wise. Why break the habit of a life time?
[x] Announce your departure "Well, I'll be off to bed then, ladies" as you leave the room, grumble out loud enough so everyone can hear "How kind of the old man to give us all tools with which to beat him over the head".
>> No. 18643
[x] Search the box for bullets; take the gun.
[x] You're restless but not sure what to do, you'll take a stroll through the mansion and get your bearings a little.
>> No. 18655
[x] Search the box for bullets; take the gun.
[x] Announce your departure "Well, I'll be off to bed then, ladies" as you leave the room, grumble out loud enough so everyone can hear "How kind of the old man to give us all tools with which to beat him over the head".
[x] Talk to Flandre.
>> No. 18661
Talking to Flandre right now would be quite hard since Remilia's probably in damage control mode right now and letting you near her is one of the last things she'd let happen in this situation.
>> No. 18679
File 124009406729.jpg - (225.86KB , 741x800 , 1234722615573.jpg ) [iqdb]
18679
Touching the release lightly you open the gun, a tiny spot of oil from your hand imprinted on the cool metal where you press. The frame unfolds with a small click, a rather satisfying sound, one round is loaded into the chamber. You rummage around the box to see if there's anymore, pulling the tissue paper out to check but you find nothing. A single bullet and no more, curious.

"What's that you've got there Marisa?"
Standing over you with raised eyebrows Ran peers down into your hands, defensively you pull back and try to cover it up then realize how foolish you're being.

"I have no idea why he'd want me to have such a gaudy thing, I'm sure."
You say presenting it to her, Reisen leans in from where she's sitting to look as well. Ran walks back to her seat, picks up her own gift and shows it to you in turn.
"I haven't the faintest idea as to why he'd give me this either, I don't think it's even valuable."

It's a long, worn pewter candle stick complete with a few flecks of wax around the base, the kind you might of found in any house a few decades ago before electric lights or even gas lamps became the norm. It looks very heavy.

"That looks like an Enfield custom job, modeled on the Enfield mark one double action revolver. I can't imagine there being many like it, I'm envious!"
Ran gives her a look of surprise.
"You know a thing or two about guns, do you Reisen?"
"Oh....I uh, well I served in the army for a short stint before finding employment with Eientei."
She replies bashfully, she answers a bit oddly but she doesn't seem to be lying. Maybe she just doesn't like to recall her time of service?
"So you'd know how to use one of these?"
Gesturing to your gift Ran enquirers rather pointedly.
"Oh no, not at all! I recognize the craftsmanship but I wasn't a soldier, I was a nurse you see." Waving a hand she explains. "That's where I met Dr Yagokoro, she offered me a job and I went for it. Eientei deals in pharmaceuticals you see."
"That's not all they deal," Ran says mysteriously. "Or so I've heard."
"Ahaha, well I don't know anything about that I'm afraid. Despite my background I'm more of a glorified secretary than anything else."

There's a pause in the conversation, Reisen sits sheepishly under the combined stare of Ran and yourself.

"Well, that aside." You say with a smile and a shrug. "How kind of the old man to give us all tools with which to beat him over the head".
"Indeed, I wonder if he'd oblige me if I asked permission to make use of my present on him. I'm sure he'd be quite stunned by what I could show him."
Sharing your slightly morbid smirk Ran nods, speaking calmly, almost sweetly about bludgeoning an old man to death. 'Stunned' indeed!

"Oh my, I'm not sure if talking like that is very healthy." Reisen adds, a hint of nerves in her voice. "Although psychiatry wasn't my field, the army doesn't tend to worry about patching up their brain until after you've patched up their holes."

Wearily you stand up, stretch out your sleepy limbs and slip the revolver into your pocket.
"Well, I'll be off to bed then, ladies."
"Good night."
They call in unison as you make your leave, as you step through the door you hear the murmur of their voices pick up again behind you. Looks like they decided to stay up and chat.

-

The guest room hall is empty and silent, clear of servants or guests all you can hear is the sound of rain pattering on the window pane. No doubt behind one of these doors Flandre sobs into her pillow as her sisters sits by her side and tries to mend fences. Vaguely you wonder which room is hers, while you don't think Remillia would let you near her right now you have to admit that despite her bout of hysterics you found the girl rather charming, perhaps even because of it.

The door to your room opens with a twist of the handle, the lights from the hall cutting a path in the darkness beyond, you can just about make out the shapes of the bed and your luggage within. Fumbling along the wall for a moment you, stubbing your toe on the dressing table which sends you cursing, you eventually find a light switch.

Inspecting the room as you close the door you're not surprised to see red sheets on the bed, although it looks a little more elaborate and soft than what you're used to it's the only choice you have. Panels of red alder deck the walls and other dark hardwoods make up the furniture, a desk, a hat stand, a closet, chest of draws, the bed and of course that damned dressing table which is mounted with a mirror. Seeing your trunk tucked away neatly in the corner you poke around in the closet, finding all your stuff unpacked. A good thing you were carrying anything sensitive...

The pistol feels heavy in your pocket.

It's strange, you can't seem to take your mind off of the thing. The way is sits in your trousers makes you keenly aware of it's presence as it presses into your waist, unable to resist you take out again just to look at it. There's something very captivating about holding it in your hand, you've never handled a weapon before so this is a very surreal experience for you. Closest you've ever gotten to a gun before was a tiny derringer that Mima carried in a purse while you were out on an adventure in the field, "just in case" she'd always say although you never saw her fire it. But there was one thing, what is it she used to do?

Spotting the mirror you can't resist, holding the grip firmly in one hand and supporting it with the other you turn to face the mirror profile with your body, raise the gun so the muzzle lightly touches your cheek and give your reflection a devil may care smile. Almost the spitting image of the pose Mima made whenever she took her little precaution out, although you can't quite replicate her pouting lips you'd say it's a damn good impression. Going one step further you extend your arms pointing the gun at the mirror, your reflection copying your exact move putting the pair of you in a stand off, pull back the hammer and say.

"Un autre trou dans votre tête, Écarlate de seigneur?"

Laughing gently to yourself, to the dangerous woman in the mirror, you slide the hammer back and drop your arms to the side. Holding this thing is just too damn fun, you could get addicted to this sensation, this feeling of absolute power. Shaking your head you deposit it safely in the draw of the desk, out of sight out of mind as they say. You wouldn't want to get too used to carrying one, although you can think of a situation or two where they would be perfect for getting your point across or sealing a deal....

Urging yourself to forget about it you dress for bed, chiding yourself for not taking a chance to clean yourself after your journey and resolve to take a bath in the morning, donning a night gown you turn out the lights and slip into bed. While the way you seem to virtually sink into the mattress puts you off for a while it doesn't stop you from falling asleep quickly.

That night you dream of a girl, sat on a throne of copper locks streaming from her like a tide of molten gold, wearing a queenly dress of crimsons and black. Cradling a bundle in her arms like a mother with her child she coos softly to it, a look of adoration on her serene face. Wrapped in the snow white blankets is silver dagger, the girl's red eyes reflected in the blade. Perched upon the back of the throne is a withered old bird scratching the gleaming metal with it's talons, black feathers scattered all around it and thick smoke wafting from it's diseased yellow maw down onto the girl and her knife.

The gun in is in your hand, licking tongues of flame reflected in the brass rose stems, the hammer twisting like a snake cocks itself.

The girl plants a kiss on the blade.

You shoot.

A mirror breaks in the distance.

You die.

Gasping you wake up from that terrible nightmare, then drowsily fall back to the pillow and forgetting the dream as it's obscured in the black tendrils of sleep.

END DAY ONE
>> No. 18680
File 124009420338.jpg - (393.54KB , 750x1000 , 1239934524011.jpg ) [iqdb]
18680
And that's the first day done at last, must try to pick up the pace really. Still, the scene is set and the characters are in position so it's time for act two: the murder! Of course it would be very bad form dramatically to have him die anywhere but the end of act two, so Lord Scarlet has until sunset tomorrow after which sooner or later his time is up. Who will have dunnit? That remains to be *snicker* scene!

Here's what you do know:

Ran: Has a history with Scarlet, a bad one. Seems very informed about many things but doesn't appear to be willing to share what she knows just yet. She got the candle stick.

Reisen: Has no direct connection to Scarlet, so she says. Served as a nurse in the army at some point but she's a little naive for someone who went to war, don't you think? She didn't show anyone her present, you don't even know if she kept it.

Patchouli: A friend of Scarlet's although the nature of that friendship isn't clear nor does it seem very close. She didn't open her present.

Remillia: The main inheritor of Scarlet's estate and next in line as head of the family, it's not hard to work out her angle. Doesn't like Marisa. She got the wrench and gave it to Sakuya.

Flandre: Second in line after Remillia in pretty much everything, not just the inheritance. Has "little moments" whatever that means and she appears to be very taken with Marisa. She got the letter opener which was also given to Sakuya.

Sakuya: Remillia's mysterious maid, not much has been revealed about her yet. Didn't receive a 'gift' but carries those given to the Scarlet sisters.

Hope I'm not making it too easy on you people like this but this way you don't have to reread the whole thread for every snippet of info.
>> No. 18682
>>18680
So that just leaves the rope and the poison. I can only hope that drunk bunny doesn't ingest it if she got the latter.

If we play justice, then the gun is out. Assuming the rope or poison are never used, that leaves three items. Remilia, having control over Sakuya, has access to two, but has the personality to use the very same wrench to kill her uncle. I can't see Flandre with a motive, nor do I think Sakuya would give her the knife back so easily.

So unless Sakuya has a grudge, I can only see two possible suspects - Ran and Remilia. This, of course, is just with the information presented so far; no "surprises".
>> No. 18683
Remilia stands out as the greater threat in my mind as she has Sakuya to help cover her tracks, in addition to holding two weapons at the time. Ran, on the other hand, has to act alone should she attempt anything but her weapon is just as likely to cause suspicion that Remilia did it as it is for her.

The poison and the rope are very obvious methods of killing so unless the owners of them lose them, it would be rather obvious to start ruling people out from there.
>> No. 19326
File 124097150951.jpg - (214.78KB , 694x985 , sample-e106cdfb85ffb6afc1218b05680b3e96.jpg ) [iqdb]
19326
DAY 2

"Good morning, Miss Marisa!"
"Uurghan?"

Lurching forward you try to get a fix on what just woke you up, back aching from the odd affect those too soft mattresses had on your spine as you slept. Bustling around the room in a manner far too busy for so early in the morning is Frisca, her plump shining face smiling to you, she picks up your discarded clothes from last night. With a little effort you manage to pry your eyes open as it seems someone glued them shut during the night.

"Whazzatime?"
Swinging your legs over the sheets your feet come into contact with the floor, as they meet the carpet a small prayer of thanks goes through your mind for the fact it isn't frigid as wood or stone. There are no windows in this room so you can't tell what time of day it is under the uncomfortable orange glare of the electric light, that buzzes balefully at you.

"Five minutes to eight, Miss Marisa." Working quickly Frisca darts about the room to grab an errant sock or casually discarded shirt, she seems to be purposefully trying to not look directly at you. "Don't mind me, really! I tried knocking but you wouldn't get up, if I didn't take your washing I'd get in trouble you see so I had to take a chance with waking you like this."
For a moment she pauses as she notices you stirring.
"Don't worry too much about getting up, guests are free to sleep in as long as they like! I'll be done in a moment, just pretend I was never here if you like, I'll turn the light out as I go."

Gathering the last errant item, your unmentionables that managed to find their way onto the top of the dresser, she bundles them up and flits out the door quickly making good on her promise by leaving you in darkness as she goes.

Alone you're left to battle with yourself, while it's tempting to stay in bed and simply ignore the call of a meal you are rather hungry although you reckon you could last out until before lunch at least, beyond that you recall that you wanted to clean up seeing as you didn't have a chance to last night.

Really there's plenty for you to do should you get up now, you didn't get where you are today by lying in bed all day after all, it's just that you didn't sleep very well last night and you could be considered to be on holiday at the moment....

===================

[ ] Get up, get dressed and go to breakfast. A good meal will wake you up.

[ ] Go take a bath, it's on this floor right? Yes a nice bath will leave you feeling refreshed and breakfast won't be over until later.

[ ] Have a lie in, you never indulge yourself usually so for once you fancy treating yourself.

========

I'm always excusing myself to you guys lately, aren't I?

The last few days were dedicated to writing an essay for monday, I've got something else to be done for next monday too, should be able to work for you in the mean time however.

In penance, nameless fairy maid~

And while I'm at it, new thread or not?
>> No. 19327
[x] Sleep for an extra hour or two.
[x] Head off to take a bath once you've woken up. If you get hungry, you can just ask one of the maids to whip you up something.

Damn. I would have loved to grab Frisca as she was walking by and pull her under the sheets.
>> No. 19345
[x] Sleep for an extra hour or two.
[x] Head off to take a bath once you've woken up. If you get hungry, you can just ask one of the maids to whip you up something.
>> No. 19366
[x] Sleep for an extra hour or two.
[x] Head off to take a bath once you've woken up. If you get hungry, you can just ask one of the maids to whip you up something.
>> No. 19371
[x] Sleep for an extra hour or two.
[x] Head off to take a bath once you've woken up. If you get hungry, you can just ask one of the maids to whip you up something.

no need for a new thread.
>> No. 19374
[x] Go take a bath, it's on this floor right? Yes a nice bath will leave you feeling refreshed and breakfast won't be over until later.
>> No. 19391
[x] Sleep for an extra hour or two.
[x] Head off to take a bath once you've woken up. If you get hungry, you can just ask one of the maids to whip you up something.
>> No. 19419
File 124106617935.jpg - (102.72KB , 1200x1005 , 123745456877.jpg ) [iqdb]
19419
Sighing happily you slip back underneath the cool, crisp sheet and snuggle your head into the pillow, the soft goose feather down lulling you into rest once more. You're in no hurry to get up, there's nothing to be done today really and if The Old Man is done with you then perhaps you can afford to slip in a few hours extra, maybe you'll even be able to slip away tonight if you're lucky.

You doze fitfully for a while, it's not in your nature to lay about like this really and you weren't up particularly late last night so getting back to sleep is pretty much impossible. Rather you just relax with your eyes closed and let your mind wander, Alice comes to mind as you nap, maybe you should give her a call today? When you're not thinking about Alice and work you're teased with odd little flashes of yesterday; that girl, Flandre, in particular keeps popping up in these semi-dreams.

It's no good, you just can't seem to drift off properly. When your mind begins to dwell on that gun sat in the dresser draw you start to run circles in your brain trying to guess The Old Man's intent. Frustrated by your wayward thoughts you give up on sleeping any longer and get up out of bed irritably but fully awake, really a lie in should be relaxing but how can you unwind with all this running through your mind? Unable to stand being cooped up in here any longer you begin to gather your clothes to take a bath, pausing only to check if your little present is still there.

The gun stares coldly at you from the bottom of the draw, just as it did when you put it there last night. For a moment you're tempted to take it with you but you can't really do so if you're taking a bath, it'll still be there when you get back you think to yourself as you gingerly push the draw shut.

The guest hall is empty, a quick glance at a near by clock reveals it's now two minutes to ten, other than perhaps Reisen you'd doubt anyone else chose to sleep in this morning and are probably scattered throughout the house. Rain patters down endlessly on the window pain at the end of the hall, from here you can't see anything more than an infinite expanse of gray through the drizzled glass. Dampening your hopes for an easy extraction tonight.

Cautiously you tip-toe over the carpet with the light step of a cat, you're in a rather advanced state of undress wearing little more than your night gown and a towel with fresh clothes clutched under one arm, while you wouldn't be too bothered to bump into anyone right now you'd rather not.

Slipping through a richly stained teak door into the bath room you're greeted by a sort of antechamber, on the left and right are pearly white baths beyond their own separate doors for privacy and in this section located between them are a selection of wicker hampers. Sidling into the nearest bath chamber you close the door and lock it with a click, at ease at last you drop your clothes carelessly to the floor. Casually you strip down and begin to draw yourself a bath.

Steamy water gushes out from copper pipes fogging up the immaculate white tiles, uncomfortable with all this moisture in the air you open the door a crack to let it seep out intending to lock it again once you're ready to get in. As the tub finally fills you select a few choice soaps and scents to use putting them beside the bath, then turn off the taps firmly.

The water ripples invitingly before you, it'll feel good to be clean again. As you go to lock the door however you catch a snippet of conversation, hesitating you hold off on sliding the bolt in and strain your ears to listen.

"....in her room, can you believe it?"
"Hardly surprising, you know what her sort are like."

Servants, a pair of maids that you don't recognize are chatting in the room beyond, probably going about their chores as they gossip about the guests. One voice is thin and reedy, you can almost picture the rake like older woman it belongs to, while the other is deeper and has that bubbly quality plump women posses.

"Could you grab an extra pillow as well, Agie? There's one missing in one of the rooms."
"'course Esme, which room's it for?"
You hear the sound of someone clicking their fingers.
"Oh I can't remember her name, it's on th' tip of me tongue. Here I'll have to show you."

Agie and Esme's voices grow fainter as they depart, looks like that room is used to store extra bed linen in those baskets, regardless you're not sure why you bothered listening to those two and quickly lock the door again after letting the room clear a little.

Sinking blissfully into the deliciously warm water, sending it sloshing about gently around you, a tipple of lavender oil adds the finishing touches to this perfect moment. Easing deeper into the water you leave nothing but your face poking out, letting the warmth seep into every pore and cleanse every hair.

Even here, in this isolated room, you can hear the deluge outside faintly, so you dip your ears under the water too until everything is silent to you.

As you soak you ponder what to do until lunch, if you recall Frisca correctly the kitchen closes at nine and doesn't open again until twelve so you'll have to wait until then to eat. A little protest growl rumbles your stomach.

========================

After the bath you'll:

[ ] Go down to the kitchen and use the telephone, maybe snag a bite while you're there.

[ ] Visit the library and idle away some time in there.

[ ] Explore the mansion for anything of interest. (you'll randomly end up at one of the following rooms: Dining room, Ball Room, Foyer, Green House, Chapel)
>> No. 19420
[x] Go down to the kitchen and use the telephone, maybe snag a bite while you're there.
[x] You're in a particularly indifferent mood today for any of Remilia's antics.
>> No. 19422
[x] Visit the library and idle away some time in there.
>> No. 19424
>Green House
I think you mean conservatory, unless it's different between Cluedo and Clue.

>"Could you grab an extra pillow as well, Agie? There's one missing in one of the rooms."
Smothering is a good way to kill sleeping people.

[X] Visit the library and idle away some time in there.
>> No. 19429
>Aggie
>Esme
There wouldn't happen to be a maid named Gytha, would there?
>> No. 19430
[x] Go down to the kitchen and use the telephone, maybe snag a bite while you're there.

The other options are interesting, but the kitchen is the place where the people meet and maybe where you can find out some secrets.
>> No. 19431
[X] Go down to the kitchen and use the telephone, maybe snag a bite while you're there.

Easier to operate on a satisfied stomach. Besides, we ought to call the missus.
>> No. 19570
[ ] Go down to the kitchen and use the telephone, maybe snag a bite while you're there.
>> No. 19804
[X] Go down to the kitchen and use the telephone, maybe snag an update while you're there.
>> No. 19890
[X] Go down to the kitchen and use the telephone, maybe snag a bite while you're there.
>> No. 19928
[X] Go down to the kitchen and use the telephone, maybe update while you're there.
>> No. 19976
Also
>> No. 20171
So Scorn is finally dead?
>> No. 20270
No, he's just being lazy. Keeps playing Dawn of War instead of updating.
>> No. 20332
Oops.

While the Dawn of War thing is strictly true it isn't the reason why I'm not updating, rather it's what I'm doing instead of updating.

I'm looking for a job at the moment to keep myself afloat over the summer, again. McDonalds won't take me back so the process is much more tedious than last time, on top of which I have until the 15th of June to find work or I can't pay bills and have to go back to my parent's house with no internet for the duration of the summer.

The concerns of finding a job, managing my various debts and keeping myself alive mean that I've been kind of preoccupied lately. Not in the good "I'm being mentally stimulated" way but the "My life is bleak and annoying right now" way.

However these are just excuses, furthermore the longer I'm away from writing the worse it is for me and the story so really I do just need to buckle down and perhaps find some joy in my work again. I shouldn't be distracted from this, it IS my distraction.

I'll go have that invasive surgery that gives you cyborg implants, maybe once I'm a robot I can FOTNS like that machine HY.
>> No. 20941
Bump, because as much as I like JiG, I would much rather you had updated this. Of course, the optimal situation is you do both. How's real life going?
>> No. 21122
File 124672914558.jpg - (557.72KB , 848x1200 , Scornbait.jpg ) [iqdb]
21122
Scorn~

Update~

At least one on your status~

Please~