[Return]
Archived Thread

File 123506284571.jpg - (488.24KB , 1500x1500 , 魔理沙.jpg ) [iqdb]
14452 No. 14452
Pardon the blogging.

Assignment was easier than expected, and rather unexpectedly, once I got started, it just seemed to finish itself.

Also, I've not written the "da ze" in Marisa's speech. Just assume that after prolonged antagonism, the protagonist would naturally filter the "da ze" from the conversation.
--------------------
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Say hi to Marisa and Her Companion.
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai.
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Investigate the Chinese Girl’s Plight
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Seek the Moriya Goddess out
And…
[x] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother - her self proclaimed 'arch nemesis'.
[x] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother. She was terrible at concealing that little crush on him, wasn't she?
---------------------------
Brushing aside Reimu’s covertly expectant glances, you decide to take a look around the party. The open courtyard is, while not exactly packed still holds a dense enough crowd to dispel the forlorn, neglected air of the Hakurei shrine. Its carefree atmosphere, perhaps not unique but appropriate for this hidden land; but sadly in short supply in the human realm. You watch as a troop of small fairies settle themselves onto the lines of lanterns, curiosity and the smell of good food overriding their natural timidity of the more powerful humans and youkai; not the first and certainly not the last of the uninvited guests. Two of the creatures hover down on gossamer wings, and snatch up a skewer of dango, bearing it upwards, with some difficulty to the shrill cheers of their companions sitting above; just beating Kirisame Marisa to it.

The blond haired girl glares venomously towards the troop, failing to inspire any more response than a chorus of giggles, before turning and snatching up three full skewers of the snacks and stamping off to rejoin her companion at the side. Marisa…you would have to say that your history with her was somewhat more colorful than most, even if just for the obscenities and insults traded; mutually antagonistic in other words. Something about her always did rub you the wrong way, and vice versa. Though you would have otherwise been content to ignore her, she was more confrontational, more aggressive, even going so far to dub you her “arch-nemesis”.

Ran notices your directed look almost immediately and walks to your side.

“Looking for a fight already?” She asks, not exactly sarcasm, but there’s a hint of it.

“No, not really.” You admit. “Now that I look at Marisa…she hasn’t grown much has she, Ran?” You comment.

Ran just gives you a level stare, “Six years without seeing one another and the first thing you do is try to antagonize her? Old habits die hard, it seems.” She continues.

“What are you talking about, Ran?” you ask “I was just making a comment.

“You know she’s sensitive about her height-and other…issues.” Ran chides, “I’m sure we’re had this conversation before. Many, many times.” she adds for emphasis, shaking her head.

“Other issues?” You repeat somewhat intrigued, “Do you mean her hat fetish? A black witches’ hat bigger than your head would attract attention, I’ll agree with that.”

“Good grief…you’re incorrigible. You two have been fighting since day one.” Ran sighs headily, “It was a vain hope after all, to hope that you would have outgrown it by now.”

“Ran, I’m not going to pick a fight, I’m just commenting.” You assure quickly.

“Good,” Ran replies. “I wouldn’t want to see you come to any harm.”

“Harm?” You nearly laugh. “From Marisa?”

“She has grown a lot, and in more ways than one.” Ran states dryly. “Little Kirisame Marisa has bloomed wonderfully, or so Mister Morichika says. You did know that she was a trainee magician back then did you not?”

“Well…yes?” you answer truthfully. “She was training under Mima, right?”

Ran nods sharply. “She’s a fully fledged magician of some skill now; she lives in the forest; alone.”

“The forest? Are you serious, Ran?” You ask, not daring to believe it.

“I am.” Ran states seriously. “She could easily cause you grievous injury; though the repercussions for her actions would be severe. But even then, avenging you would be of little use, the injury would already have been done.” She pauses, looking you right in the eye, expression unreadable. “I’ve never been able to figure out what’s going on between the two of you…the first time you met her, you two ended up scuffling, in the middle of a youkai inhabited forest, no less.“

“Ah, that was her fault.” You say.

“And she says it’s your fault.” Ran counters.

“It was so long ago anyway.” You snap. “She asked me what I was doing there, and I asked her what she was doing there…she said she was under Mima’s protection and I was under yours…and it went downhill from there, I think.” You admit finally. “I’ll just say hi…I promise that there won’t be a scene, Ran.”

“…I hope so,” Ran says finally, releasing a pent up breath. “Be nice.”

You approach Marisa somewhat cautiously, you’ll have to admit, and echo’s of Ran’s warnings and Reimu’s description of Marisa’s master spark really knocking some of your confidence from you. Her companion notices you first, fairy hovering sedately at her side. She points you out, and the black magician turns. The way her face conforms, is almost comical; the silly grin slides off her face like soap, only to be replaced by a grimmer visage. She turns back without a word. Evidently, she recognizes you, as expected, of your self-proclaimed arch nemesis.

“Who was that, Marisa?” her companion asks, fairy bobbing worriedly in the air.

“Oh, it’s no one important Alice.” Marisa answers. “It’s just some insignificant person from the outside world with no magic, no skills, and no life either. Just ignore it.” She continues, in an irritatingly casual tone, making sure to put some emphasis on the “important”, “insignificant” and the “it” parts; coincidentally, just loud enough for you to hear as well.

”…”

“Oh fine! I get it, stop staring at me.” Marisa growls finally whipping the oversized ha off her head and clutching it protectively to her chest, inclining her head. “What is it? Don’t you have anything better to do besides bothering me?” She gives you a fierce stare, as her friend, Alice was it? Smiles apologetically.

“Well? Or have you lost what little brains you had?” She accuses.

“Marisa!” Alice protests. “You’re being a little too hostile h–“

“Only for this idiot.” Marisa cuts her off, angling another glare at you.

[] My…that hat’s big isn’t it? Or did you shrink?
[] Summon your rhetoric and debate her into the ground.
[] Ignore her, two can play this game; Lavish attention on Alice instead.

[] Leave, with a dismissive snort.
[] Leave, you’re not the aggressor in this.
if so….
[] Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai.
[] Investigate the Chinese Girl’s Plight
[] Seek the Moriya Goddess out

Feel free to write in sensibly.
--------------------------------------
And out of curiosity, where are you guys from?
Pardon my intrusion.

>> No. 14454
[x] Ignore her, two can play this game; Lavish attention on Alice instead.
Heh.
>> No. 14455
[x] Ignore her, two can play this game; Lavish attention on Alice instead.
[x] In fact, she literally isn't even there.
[x] At all.
[x] (also I don't know if this is metatalk or something but uh can we mention something about Alice living in the forest or something)
[x] (I mean, does it come up)
[x] (or something)
[x] ('cause if it does we should talk about that maybe)
>> No. 14456
[x] Ignore her, two can play this game; Lavish attention on Alice instead.
>> No. 14457
[X] Leave, you’re not the aggressor in this.

Goddamn what the fuck, bitch, I don't even say hi and fuck this shit.

[X] Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai.
Won eeny-meeny-miny-moeh.
>> No. 14458
[x] Leave, you’re not the aggressor in this.
[x] Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai.
>> No. 14459
you know what actually i kind of like this more

[x] Leave, you’re not the aggressor in this.
[x] Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai.
>> No. 14460
[x] Leave, you’re not the aggressor in this.
[x] Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai.
>> No. 14461
[x] Ignore her, two can play this game; Lavish attention on Alice instead.
>> No. 14462
[] Leave, you’re not the aggressor in this.
[] Seek the Moriya Goddess out

I'm from shithole land. Well, kinda...
>> No. 14463
[x] Ignore her, two can play this game; Lavish attention on Alice instead.
[x] Leave, you’re not the aggressor in this.
[x] Investigate the Chinese Girl’s Plight.

China~
>> No. 14464
[x] Leave, you’re not the aggressor in this.
[x] Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai.
>> No. 14465
[x] Ignore her, two can play this game; Lavish attention on Alice instead.
The state I come from is famous not only because it has its own devil, but we also are home to the Gates of Hell. The rest of it matches appropriately.
>> No. 14467
[x] Ignore her, two can play this game; Lavish attention on Alice instead.

If Marisa does have a crush on us, then this will produce the most amusing result.

Also, I'm from Texas. But I spent my formative years in Pennsylvania, so I don't really act the part.
>> No. 14468
File 123508094949.jpg - (239.03KB , 840x850 , 63df743245d5c2e1bab49809d9a570d1.jpg ) [iqdb]
14468
[!/] Ignore her, two can play this game; Lavish attention on Alice instead.
[!/] Leave, with a dismissive snort.
[!/] Investigate the Chinese Girl’s Plight
>> No. 14469
[X] Ignore her, two can play this game; Lavish attention on Alice instead.
[X] Don't stay too long, though - best to excuse yourself quickly enough to leave Marisa without any chance to retaliate.
[X] Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai.

Because I want to see her squirm, but I also want enough time to go and talk to everyone else. We have to speak with Suwako at some point.

Posting from Nebraska, or as some call it: "the middle of nowhere."
>> No. 14470
Marisa embarrasses herself in front of her friend? Mission accomplished.

[x] Leave, you’re not the aggressor in this.
[x] Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai.
>> No. 14472
[x] Ignore her, two can play this game; Lavish attention on Alice instead.
>> No. 14474
[x] Ignore her, two can play this game; Lavish attention on Alice instead.
>> No. 14475
File 123509162172.jpg - (523.77KB , 870x687 , 2649082.jpg ) [iqdb]
14475
[x] Ignore her, two can play this game; Lavish attention on Alice instead.

The best revenge is living well.

>>14470
If that's how you see it, isn't step 2 becoming Alice's friend? Although I really just like Alice.
>> No. 14476
>>14475

No, because that you're doing this to antagonize Marisa is going to be transparent. You'll just look smarmy, and it'll vindicate Marisa's ill opinion of you.
>> No. 14478
[x] Leave, with a dismissive snort.
[x] Investigate the Chinese Girl’s Plight.

Such a child. China Girl is far superior anyway.

Also, I'm from the usually sunny state of California where summer seems to rarely take a break. It'd be nice to see an actual winter sometime.
>> No. 14481
Perhaps i am too late to go against the tide here, but...

[X] Act with some amicability towards Marisa, even if it is forced; Venture to say hi. If she is continually antagonistic,
[X] Ignore her, two can play this game; Lavish attention on Alice instead.

Yeah, this seems good to me.
And when the conversation/encounter is fully done,

[X] Leave, you’re not the aggressor in this.
(I'm split between these two; getting info from Momizi would be nice, but seeing Suwako again is likely going to be pretty important as well, if not much more so.)
[X] Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai.
[X] Seek the Moriya Goddess out.

Also: I hail from suburban Kansas City, the land of either great cold or heat. Some days of fall, spring, and little bits of summer are nice, though.
>> No. 14483
[x] Leave, with a dismissive snort.
[x] Investigate the Chinese Girl’s Plight.
>> No. 14487
[X] Act with some amicability towards Marisa, even if it is forced; Venture to say hi. If she is continually antagonistic,
[X] Ignore her, two can play this game; Lavish attention on Alice instead.

And when the conversation/encounter is fully done,

[X] Leave, you’re not the aggressor in this.
[X] Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai.
[X] Seek the Moriya Goddess out.

>>14481
>Kansas City
You poor, sorry bastard.
>> No. 14489
[x] My…that hat’s big isn’t it? Or did you shrink?
[x] Summon your rhetoric and debate her into the ground.
[x] Ignore her, two can play this game; Lavish attention on Alice instead.

Oh, lol.
>> No. 14492
>>14487
It's really not so bad as some might think, it's peaceful and there's stuff to do. It's not like i live in the inner city area, anyway.
>> No. 14493
>>14452
[x] "It's been a long time. I missed you, too."

[x] Investigate the Chinese Girl’s Plight
>> No. 14494
>>14493
Good choice. Bypass the tsun and get directly to the creamy deredere center.

[x] "It's been a long time. I missed you, too."

[x] Investigate the Chinese Girl’s Plight

But I still want China.
>> No. 14497
[x] "It's been a long time. I missed you, too."
[x] Lavish attention on her friend.
>> No. 14500
I'm confused. Where's thread 3?
>> No. 14501
>>14500
It's still on the front page?
>> No. 14506
adding [X] "It's been a long time. I missed you, too." onto my vote here.
>> No. 14508
[x] Ignore her, two can play this game; Lavish attention on Alice instead.
>> No. 14514
>>14506
And I, as well.
[X] "It's been a long time. I missed you, too." onto my vote here
>> No. 14553
[x] "It's been a long time. I missed you, too."

WHY CAN'T WEEEE BE FRIEEENDS.
>> No. 14565
File 123530727834.jpg - (108.68KB , 800x600 , alice.jpg ) [iqdb]
14565
Report is done, so's the prep papers. I'm free, for a bit. Maybe I'll practice my drawing for a bit...but more importantly, I'm happy and carefree...intoxicatig euphoria of absolutly nothing to do for three days. Though, the transition of this to NEEThood isn't much...I'll hae to get back to work eventually.

Well...of the next person to talk to, suprisingly it's Mei Ling of all people. I really expected Momiji or Moriya to win actually.

>>14553
Well...if six years of mutal loathing can be appeased with a "I missed you," the world would be much better a place.

Either way, thanks for telling me, it's always good to know one another better, since mirc doesn't work out.

-----------------------------
[] Ignore her, two can play this game; Lavish attention on Alice instead (should Marisa still be antagonistic after out overtures of civility.)

“It’s been a long time, Marisa.” You begin, doing your very best to put as much sincerity into your words as possible. “I’ve…er…missed you” you falter for a moment, trying to find the right words for this delicate situation. No doubt it’s probably a futile gesture, but one that had to be done, even only if for Ran’s sake, if not yours.

Marisa rolls her eyes, letting out a dismissive snort. “Reimu told you to say that didn’t she?” she asks impassively and assuming wrongly. “That’s not sincere at all! Don’t waste my time!” She exclaims hotly, fists clenched and eyes staring at you fiercely. That said and done, Marisa flips that overly large hat of hers, back atop her head, and stares you down (an impressive feat, considering that she’s slightly more a full head shorter than you), arms folded across her chest. You hadn’t really expect the sour little Marisa to suddenly melt into your arms and proclaim that she missed you too anyway…

“Nothing else?” she asks finally, “then I’m done with you.” She finishes coldly, turning away and stalking off into the mass of people, in the direction of the food laden tables, leaving you to clench your teeth, and mutter a few choice obscenities under your breath, dangerously close to losing your temper. Everything she did always seemed to be an insult, for some reason, and in most cases, were actually insults.

“Marisa! Wait!’ her friend calls out suddenly, taking a few steps along, as if to follow, but it’s no use. Either Marisa can’t hear her friend, or she’s ignoring her to get away from you. The blond lady, (she certainly does seem more ladylike than Marisa at any rate,) drops her raised hand and lowed her head, before turning to you, looking rather embarrassed. “I-I’m really sorry about this, “she says. “Marisa usually isn’t like this but…” she leaves the matter hanging, her fairy companion fluttering agitatedly, yet silently by her side with its odd disjointed fidgety movements.

“You’re Alice?” you ask, remembering that Marisa had referred to her as such just now. “You seem close to Marisa…”

“Why, yes!” Alice answers, giving you a flustered smile. “Alice Magatroid, pleased to meet you.” And to your astonishment, she actually does a curtsey there and then, blond hair bobbing as she dips and bows slightly. Her fairy friend follows likewise, an awkward pirouette in mid air as it overbalances and flips over. Perhaps she feels that it’s appropriate in the face of her recent departed companion’s discourtesy? Nonetheless, feeling out of place, you clumsily return the gesture, and receive a pleased smile in return.

“I’m Marisa’s …I suppose we would be neighbors, all things considered.” She says, shaking her head and then gazing deeply into your eyes. “And you must be that childhood friend of her’s, aren’t you?” Alice asks, studying you intently, a soft gaze of interest; and more than a little flattering you had to admit. Alice was naturally blond, very exotic from an eastern perspective, with a somewhat Eurasian attractiveness. Your contact with the fairer sex always having been few and far between and usually confined to people you considered to be family, or people who were trying to drag you into wild hunts across the eastern countryside; a rare scenario for you, to be in this situation.

You nod.

“Marisa’s told me a lot of you,” Alice says, before pausing, looking as if to find the correct words to say. “I’m sorry, I don’t know how to put this…” she continues hesitantly.”Marisa was always telling me that…” And as if on cue, a black witch’s hat pops up in the milling crowd behind Alice, unable to escape your notice. She’s too hidden in the crowd, but there’s no doubt that she’s staring at the two of you, trying to listen in. Speak of the devil and s/he shall appear huh?

“All of it bad, no doubt,” you shrug. Alice merely gives you a guilty nod. The witch’s hat gives an agitated jerk in response. Ah well, you decide. If Marisa wants a show, you’ll give her one. You quickly scan the crowd, and soon find Marisa’s face, grimly peering out from behind someone’s tails; she’s partially hidden behind Ran, of all people, using Ran’s lush tails as a form of cover, and unknowingly standing out, now that you’ve looked carefully. Her black witch’s attire standing out amongst the rich golden fur, and hat sticking out above like a dunce’s cap.

Her eyes visibly widen as you make eye contact, now she knows that you know that she’s watching. Now she has your attention, or…not. Shrugging, you flash the witch a quick smirk, before turning your attention elsewhere.

“Are you alright?” Alice asks concernedly, “You were looking off into the distance there for a second.”

“Oh, It’s nothing,” you answer, doing your best to look happy. “There was a…mosquito…”

“Really? It’s still spring though…” Alice answers unknowingly, as the semi-hidden figure behind her bristles and shakes a fist uselessly. You ignore it and continue, “So who’s that?” you ask, looking closely at the little fairy. It shies away from your direct gaze, shifting uncomfortably as it slowly hovers till Alice’s head is between it and you.

“This-is Shaghai.” Alice states with a proud air, like a mother talking about her prodigal daughter. “No need to be shy, Shanghai.” With that, the fairy drifts from behind Alice’s head and lifts its head to meet your inquisitive gaze. Not really what you had expected, looking back.

It has no mouth, and its eyes glassy orbs. It’s mechanical movements earlier; justified by the fact it had ball joints. You unwittingly take a step back; you were so sure that his Shanghai was a real fairy that anything else came rather as a shock… to be fair, it is chillingly life like. Especially the eyes.

“It’s a doll?” you manage.

“That’s right, my best work yet, a year of hard work…” Alice coos affectionately, raising a hand, and allowing Shanghai to sit. “Isn’t that right, Shanghai?” The doll nods in agreement, perched on her hand as it is, you catch a glimpse of Alice’s other hand, held demurely behind her and she’s wagging her finger…just in time with Shanghai’s nodding. “Such a nice girl,” Alice comments happily, and raises her hand to show you Shanghai. The doll turns its wooden head to face yours.

“Er..right, very well made.” You comment warily, straining to keep a weak smile, as Shanghai peers at you curiously through inanimate eyes. Alice, you decided, while pleasant and no doubt attractive, was a few fruits short of a basket. “She’s alive?” you ask, just to continue the conversation if anything.

Alice looks at you oddly. “Of course she is. Can’t you tell?” she states, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world; giving you a vaguely worried glance, the kind people give when someone mentally deficient is about to do something stupid.
>> No. 14566
“Right, my mistake,” you reply, hesitating a moment before giving Shanghai an apologetic nod. Alice smiles benevolently as Shanghai lifts one smooth hand and pats your nose of all things, perhaps her (or Alice’s?) way of saying, apology accepted. Well…you’ve seen odder things than people who talk to dolls at any rate…though you’ve never met such a person face to face before.

The conversation goes surprisingly well, considering how it started. Alice is bright and charming, and is quite willing to talk about many subjects openly, though she frequently speaks to little Shanghai, asking for her opinion, chiding when the doll had “spoken inappropriately”, and even laughing at some obscure joke with the doll at one point while you looked on in confusion. Often, you would say something, and realize that Alice expected you to treat Shanghai as a third party in the conversation, rather than an extension of Alice’s. Not an unpleasant way to spend a few minutes.

“…Then you cite the incantations and direct it’s flow onto specially prepared cards, while thinking very hard on the pattern than you want, oh and a good name for the spell card too. And that’s how it’s done, Right Shanghai?” Alice finishes. Shanghai nods silently, but instead of settling down on Alice’s hand, she takes a little step off Alice’s fingers into the air, and takes off, rising to head level, before gliding downwards towards a haggard, sulky looking Marisa, finally emerging from her hiding spot. Or more accurately, that Ran got tired of indulging the spitfire of a girl and went off, leaving Marisa with no cover amongst the crowd.

She had been watching, the whole time, gritting her teeth every time you ignored her direct glares.

“Oh, Marisa, I hope you’ve cooled off a little.” Alice says soothingly, turning to the sullen magician.

“MMmmghph…” Marisa grumbles something unintelligible, giving you an evil look, which you ignore as well. “Ran and Reimu’s got the mahjong table set up, come play, we need one more person.” Marisa states hurriedly, tugging at Alice’s shawl.

“Mahjong? Oh all right,” Alice concedes enthusiastically. “Haven’t had a good game for a while.” She turns to you, looking apologetic. “Thanks for the conversation, living in the forest means that I’m short on good company often.” She explains, Shanghai nodding along as well. “I don’t think you’d be interested in spectating a mahjong game, but…”

“He’s not watching.” Marisa interrupts hastily.

Enough is enough. “You do know, Marisa,” you begin, “that with Reimu and Ran there, I can come and watch if I want to; no matter how much you protest?” Marisa gapes at you for a second, before speaking, though Alice cuts her off.

“Marisa, you are acting like a child!” Alice scolds. “Honestly…come, we’ll go play mahjong, but do act your age!” Giving you a faint smile and mouthing the words “sorry”, Alice departs, grabbing Marisa’s had fiercely, little Shanghai following benignly in their wake; Marisa spluttering something along the lines of “Let go! I can walk by myself” all the way.

Briefly, you consider following along, but you decide against it. Playing mahjong is fun, but you’ve never been one for watching for fun. Instead deciding to get something to eat to recover from the stress Marisa and Alice have put on your nerves, you step towards the food tables, halting suddenly as a hand grabs your sleeve, tugging slightly. You turn, expecting Yukari to be there, a teasing smile on her face and appropriate words about your latest acquaintance, but-

“Marisa?” you state dryly. “Shouldn’t you be with Alice complaining about me or something?

The golden haired magician doesn’t answer, but she doesn’t let go of your sleeve either; her face a mixture of anger, irritation and something else. She tilts her head downwards so that that hat of hers fills your vision, hiding her face from view.

“I…” she begins, falteringly. “Alice told me to…so I…going to…”

“She told you to apologize?” you suggest.

“What? No!” Marisa exclaims, finally letting go and stamping her feet on the flagstones.

“Then what is it?” you ask, patience running thin once more.

“sorry about being such…er…nothing…” she squeaks, voice failing her.

“What? I didn’t hear-“you begin

“I…really NOTHING!” Maria interrupts suddenly, erupting from her bowed position, practically yelling into your ear and shoving you back so forcefully that you lose your balance and fall over backwards, crashing into something with a startled yelp and a cry of surprise. You open your eyes only to see Marisa standing, looking rather embarrassed at her own actions. (For once.)

“What?” you growl. “You…you…little, if there’s nothing you need then get out of here!”

Marisa doesn’t answer, instead turning tail at once.

That girl...you shake your fist at her ineffectively, before noticing that you have become the focus of everyone’s attention. People and fairies of all sorts, looking at you with some concern, till one, the loud Chinese girl you found calling for a “Flan” earlier, steps forward.

“Aiya!” she exclaims, rushing to your side, and shoving you off someone else.

“パチュ小姐!!你没事吧?You okay, you okay?” She splutters in a broken form of the language.

[] Did you lean Chinese as a side subject in School? You’ve been studying hard after all.
(Between coherent conversations, and incomprehensibility.)

[] Stay and talk.
[] Storm off, Confront Marisa.
[] Enough, go get some food.
--------------------------------

Marisa's personalty is based on my own
sister. With extra "tsun".
Ever had a sibling like that?
>> No. 14567
[X] Did you lean Chinese as a side subject in School? You’ve been studying hard after all.
-[X] Enough to understand and follow a conversation, but not enough to actually speak the language without taking time to compose your thoughts carefully.

[X] Stay and talk.

Love Alice.
>> No. 14568
[X] Did you lean Chinese as a side subject in School? You’ve been studying hard after all.
-[X] Enough to understand and follow a conversation, but not enough to actually speak the language without taking time to compose your thoughts carefully.
[X] Stay and talk.

In before inevitable Marisa route. She's just so darn moe~.
>> No. 14569
[X] Did you lean Chinese as a side subject in School? You’ve been studying hard after all.
-[X] Enough to understand and follow a conversation, but not enough to actually speak the language without taking time to compose your thoughts carefully.
[X] Enough, go get some food.
Bah, enough with the china crap.
>> No. 14570
{X} Did you lean Chinese as a side subject in School? You’ve been studying hard after all.
-{X} Enough to understand and follow a conversation, but not enough to actually speak the language without taking time to compose your thoughts carefully.
{X} Stay and talk.
>> No. 14571
{X} Did you lean Chinese as a side subject in School? You’ve been studying hard after all.
-{X} Enough to understand and follow a conversation, but not enough to actually speak the language without taking time to compose your thoughts carefully.
{X} Stay and talk.
>> No. 14573
{X} Did you lean Chinese as a side subject in School? You’ve been studying hard after all.
-{X} Enough to understand and follow a conversation, but not enough to actually speak the language without taking time to compose your thoughts carefully.
{X} Stay and talk.
>> No. 14574
[x] Did you lean Chinese as a side subject in School? You’ve been studying hard after all.
(Between coherent conversations, and incomprehensibility.)
[x] Stay and talk.

>>14568
While we've basically been gathering a potential harem, you can try to keep window shopping to a minimum. I thought we originally wanted some Iku goodness; unless you want this to turn into The Pimp of Mayohiga(from zero to hero).
>> No. 14575
[X] Did you lean Chinese as a side subject in School? You’ve been studying hard after all.
-[X] Enough to understand and follow a conversation, but not enough to actually speak the language without taking time to compose your thoughts carefully.
[X] Stay and talk.

Sorry, but I never voted for Iku. It's China time now!
>> No. 14576
[X] Did you lean Chinese as a side subject in School? You’ve been studying hard after all.
-[X] Enough to understand and follow a conversation, but not enough to actually speak the language without taking time to compose your thoughts carefully.
[X] Stay and talk.
>> No. 14578
[x] Did you lean Chinese as a side subject in School? You’ve been studying hard after all.
-[x] Enough to understand and follow a conversation, but not enough to actually speak the language without taking time to compose your thoughts carefully.
[x] Stay and talk.

>>14574
Meeting girls isn't "window shopping" or "gathering a potential harem", you ass. We've barely even talked to Iku, there's no "target" yet.

That being said, DO NOT WANT creepy delusional Alice. Damn.
>> No. 14580
>That being said, DO NOT WANT creepy delusional Alice. Damn.
I like it. It gives her a nice charm.

>It's China time now!
NO ANON, NO

{X} Did you lean Chinese as a side subject in School? You’ve been studying hard after all.
-{X} Enough to understand and follow a conversation, but not enough to actually speak the language without taking time to compose your thoughts carefully.
{X} Stay and talk.
>> No. 14584
[x] Did you lean Chinese as a side subject in School? You’ve been studying hard after all.
-[x] Ching chong wing wong fong.
[x] Enough, go get some food.
>> No. 14596
[!/] Did you lean Chinese as a side subject in School? You’ve been studying hard after all.
>パチュ小姐!!你没事吧
Young lady, are you alright?
[!/] Stay and talk.

She thinks we're the Flan-chan? Wut.

>Marisa's personalty is based on my own
sister. With extra "tsun".
Ever had a sibling like that?

Yea, I did. Till she hit the age of 13.
>> No. 14602
>>14596

She isn't even talking to us.

>“Aiya!” she exclaims, rushing to your side, and shoving you off someone else.
>> No. 14632
>>14596
>Young lady
I don't know Chinese, but パチュ is "Pachu", so I'm guessing 小姐 is just an honorific for Patchouli, who we apparently landed on.

[X] Did you lean Chinese as a side subject in School? You’ve been studying hard after all.
-[X] Enough to understand and follow a conversation, but not enough to actually speak the language without taking time to compose your thoughts carefully.
[X] Stay and talk.
>> No. 14636
[X] Did you lean Chinese as a side subject in School? You’ve been studying hard after all.
-[X] Enough to understand and follow a conversation, but not enough to actually speak the language without taking time to compose your thoughts carefully.
[X] Stay and talk. Apologize for landing on... whoever it was.
>> No. 14637
>>14632
小姐 literally translates to "little older sister". It's usually used to refer to young women.
>> No. 14640
[X] Did you lean Chinese as a side subject in School? You’ve been studying hard after all.
-[X] Enough to understand and follow a conversation, but not enough to actually speak the language without taking time to compose your thoughts carefully.
[x] Wait, what did you trip over?
[X] Stay and talk. Apologize for landing on... whoever it was.
>> No. 14641
To make the last update about three times as funny, mentally replace the doll with a hand puppet.
>> No. 14643
>>14637
no, it doesn't. you can't break down individual characters like that.

x小姐 is analogous to "Miss x", with the caveat that it's only applicable to young women.

the term used by itself is also a euphemism for prostitute in modern usage, but let's not go into that.
>> No. 14644
File 123538239138.jpg - (100.08KB , 1280x720 , 1231734971939.jpg ) [iqdb]
14644
>>14641
>> No. 14645
>>14641
>To make the last update about three times as funny, mentally replace the doll with a hand puppet.
Or we can paint it red.
>> No. 14646
>>14643

not exactly; it applies to any young woman, and can be both respectful and degradingly, depending on the tone of usage and the subject at hand.
China is clearly using it to address someone of higher status.
>> No. 14734
Cupcakes?
>> No. 14736
File 123564188330.jpg - (265.03KB , 1107x1197 , 力をつけて下さいパチュリさま .jpg ) [iqdb]
14736
It's been a good break...back to study...no NEETdom for me...
-----------------
[] Stay and talk.

“Oh,” you begin, realizing that you’ve been sitting rather heavily on someone else, someone unfortunate enough to break your fall. Hastily, you scramble off and help the Chinese girl pull her friend to her feet; not that she takes any notice of you. She’s too preoccupied with her friend, a series of horribly shallow wheezes and coughs issuing from their general direction.

“Come, come…rest a bit…” she murmurs soothingly in Chinese, utterly reminiscent of a mother talking to a distressed child and allows her friend to lean on her for support. Said friend gladly obliges, almost falling (albeit slowly) into the Chinese girl’s supporting arm, before visibly relaxing, though she’s still wracked by a barrage of coughs. At your approach however, she immediately places one arm around the ill girl protectively, giving you a level look, as if daring you to come closer.

“Look, you hurt her!” she accuses, completely in Chinese. A language in which, thankfully you are somewhat proficient with. You’re proficient enough to follow a conversation decently, but perhaps not enough to speak fluently without some concentration.

Perhaps she’s not fluent in your language? Either way, you have to give her an answer. “I’m…really sorry,” you say falteringly in a somewhat broken form of Chinese, suspecting you sound as accented to her as she does to you.

“Wha? Tell that to her!” she scolds, patting the resting girl gently on the back. “You didn’t fall on me!”

At the very least that girl seems to be recovering admirably. She’s still leaning tiredly on the taller woman and her face is still unhealthily pale, but her coughs have subsided somewhat, though her breathing is still heavy, loud enough for you to hear, even from where you’re standing. In her comfortable looking affair, she’s vaguely familiar, crescent brooch pinned to her fluffy hat…

“Mei Ling,” she begins in a soft voice. “You’re speaking in Chinese again.” She continues with a weak smile. “He seems to be able to understand…but not much.”

The Chinese girl, Mei Ling, returns the smile, “I am? Auu…silly. Worrying about this now?…Er..Ah! Are you okay Miss Patchy?” she asks finally, speech heavily accented.

“I had the breath…knocked out of me, but I am otherwise unhurt.” The sickly girl, Patchy, replies unsteadily. “But, otherwise, thank you for your concern.”

“Glad to hear it Miss!” Mei Ling exclaims happily.

“But, could I trouble you for a drink, Mei Ling?” Patchy asks.

“Of course, miss!” Mei Ling assents quickly, giving the ill looking girl a reassuring pat before turning to you. “Stay here, look after Miss Patchy, I’ll be back soon.” She asks, more of an order than a request, despite the lack of any threat in her voice. You shrug, either way, you were planning on staying. Mei Ling lowers Patchy into one of the stone benches, before striding off somewhere.

“Right, Sorry about that, Patchy.” You begin,

“Patchouli,” she interrupts. “And, your apology accepted. “

“Patchouli?” you repeat, somewhat taken back by the strange, foreign sounding word.

“It’s my name.” She states simply, looking you up and down. “Ah, I remember you. You were at the scene at the Eientei enclave.” she says dryly. It wasn’t a question. “Yes, I was.” You answer, thinking back, to events over a fortnight past and gone. “Your friend? The one with wings?” You ask, recalling such a person. “Koakuma wasn’t it.”

There’s no doubt about it, Patchouli looks somewhat pleased, lips curling slightly, despite her pallid complexion. “So you remembered her name even? Most people are too busy gawking at her to think about anything else. Part of her devilish charm I suppose,” she explains casually. “Oh no no, she’s not here. While it would be inaccurate to call her evil, per say, since not all devils are evil; the shrine’s scared grounds exude a positive energy that gives her hives.”

“Ah…” you answer, peering at the flagstones below your feet, wondering there is anything special about them. “ You mean a rash?”

“Yes, in other words; a rash. Inquisitive,’ Patchouli comments softly. But she doesn’t answer when you turn to her; instead, scanning he crowds, head lolling back slightly. She looks, and is probably is tired and in the voluminous gown like clothes she’s in, she looks like she’ll roll over and fall asleep any minute. You hadn’t realized before, but now that you’ve looked closer, you’ve noticed that there are dark circles around her eyes.

Perhaps she would have more to tell you, but before you have an opportunity to continue the conversation, Mei Ling returns promptly, emerging from the crowd bearing a tray of assorted drinks. “One of everything,” she proudly states. “Here, oolong, Miss Patchy.’ She states, handing over a steaming mug, which Patchouli gratefully accepts. “I took a little long, had to get it from the kitchens.” She explains quickly. “And you-”

On reflection, you had to admit that you flinched. She was looking at you so fiercely that…not that it mattered now. ‘-what will you have?” Mei Ling finishes. As it turned out her vaguely aggressive expression stemmed from not being sure if she had any drinks to your taste, Patchouli had explained sometime later, when you had asked. “Mei Ling is just like that, she’ll have no expense spared when friends are involved.”

A comment, which in time, turned out to be fairly accurate. But as she rummages about the tray she holds, you come to realize her more physical aspects.

Mei Ling is tall, taller than even yourself by a small margin; and she towered over the shorter Patchouli like an overprotective bright green and red mother hen. With long lengths of shocking red hair, and undeniably full figured, she was an uncommon beauty. Though voluptuous enough to wrap any man round her finger as easily as that, she lacked the seductively enticing attitude so common amongst such people, a most prominent example being your “big sis’ herself. Instead, she had a more robust “I’m Strong” air about her, perhaps the charms of a martial artist? To be fair, she did look the part.

“…green is fine.” You answer somewhat embarrassed, at the whole situation.

“Green? Here you go!’ she exclaims happily, sweeping the mug of the tray steadily and handing it to you, smiling in a satisfied manner. Nursing your tea, you watch as the lively girl look this way and that, before shrugging and balancing the tray precariously on the shell of a large turtle crawling by. Patchouli shifts slightly, allowing the taller girl to take a seat beside her.

“So, how are you?” you ask, conversationally, directing the question at Patchouli. Seeing how she doesn’t seem any better than the last time you saw the girl.

“Passable,” Patchouli replies, with a slight smile, barely visible, almost as if amused. Inclining her head towards Mei Ling, Patchouli continues, “Should you wish to know more, perhaps you would ask her instead.”

“Her?’ you repeat.

“Oh yes,” Patchouli replies, wisp of a smile still plastered on her pale features. “In addition to her normal duties, Mei Ling is our resident…apothecary, for lack of a better term. A very good one too.” She compliments.

“Ah AHH? It’s really nothing, right Miss Patchy? I just know few herbal mixtures here and a few tonics there…and well…” Mei Ling exclaims suddenly, almost jumping up, red faced and wide eyed. The very face of embarrassment, though her lips twitch, right at the corners; she’s enjoying the attention, though she’s making a good show of humility. Perfectly acceptable, you suppose. She actually has something to be humble about.

“Perhaps so, but you’ve done more for me than, say that old quack at Eientei.” Patchouli comments, waving off Mei Ling’s embarrassed cries.
>> No. 14737
“中医?(zhong yi) “ you ask. “Traditional Chinese medicine? You’re a practitioner?”

Mei Ling nods shyly. “It’s really nothing great though…I’m not an official practitioner or anything…a bit here, a bit there and…you know…” she falls quiet.

“You probably did better than the Eientei people,” you reassure, recalling Patchouli’s earlier remark and the less than scrupulous rabbits of the Eientei enclave.

“You think so?” Mei Ling asks, seriously, leaning closely.

“Well…yes…” you mutter, with all her fluster, she’s leaning in a little too close, probably unintentional, but nonetheless, placing you in a compromising predicament; nearly nose to nose with her. You avert your eyes, looking skywards instead, watching the descending figures of yet two more guests arriving, an odd pair, you decide, once they descend low enough for you to discern them. Two distinctive figures one clad in blouse and skirt, legs stockinged against the cold, and the other, so wrapped in a crimson edged shawl that she resembles an accident victim at a distance.

It’s a pair that you do recognize.

Aya and Iku dive out of the sky together, landing without much comment; flying is more or less the accepted means of transport in Gensokyo. The wolf Youkai you saw earlier runs up, ears perked up and tail wagging once more, talking animated to Aya who scratches her behind the ears. Iku on the other hand, looks around rather disoriented for a moment, till she spots, of all people, the Moriya girl goddess and her chillingly weird hat.

Even now, you swear that it’s staring at you.

“Are you okay?” Mei Ling’s voice calls you back to your more immediate surroundings. “You started staring way over there for a second, what were you looking at?” She’s withdrawn a little, giving you a bit more space to be comfortable about, Patchouli giving you a knowing nod. You don’t answer, but Mei Ling peers curiously in the direction you were looking in.

”Ah! It’s Flan!” she exclaims, suddenly pointing, causing Patchouli to look up from her tea. You note a tiny winged figure in the distance, seated atop the roof of the honden with a horned figure, probably Suika.

“I apologize, Mei Ling, but I think I’ll be unable to assist you.” Patchouli states simply, patting her own chest. “Catching Flandre would be a little too physically demanding at this moment.”

“Its fine, Miss Patchy! Just rest here for a bit, I’ll go catch her!” Mei Ling reassures, picking herself up, and placing her own glass gently on the tray, (the turtle hasn’t really gotten very far,) before picking herself up from her seat and making her way through the crowds.

“Should I?” you ask, directing your question at Patchouli. “Help?”

“If you feel up to it.” She replies calmly. “Flandre won’t really hurt you; Marisa’s exaggerations have just given her a rather bad reputation, that’s all. In addition, both Remilia and I have had a long talk with her about public etiquette, but, even so, catching her will be an exceedingly physically demanding task. I’m quite sure; you would rather go greet your friends instead, rather than spending the evening exhausting yourself?” She indicates the large group talking intently a distance away, both Aya and Iku apparently gesturing wildly while the goddess listens.

“I wouldn’t mind having someone to talk to though,” she offers finally, taking a sip from her tea and looking at you expectantly. A spot of calm amongst the maelstrom of festivity surround you.
-----------------------
[] Chase Flandre with Meiling
[] You haven’t had an intellectually stimulating conversation in a while. Accept Patchouli’s invitation.
[] Bid Patchouli Good Bye and so see Aya and Iku.
[] You shouldn’t interrupt them, when they’re in such an intent discussions with a Goddess. Spend some time with the sickly girl and wait till Aya and Iku are done. Then take your leave.

Please choose one only. But feel free to write in a sensible extension of your choice.
----------------------------------
I try not to write useless clumsy cutesy chracters if possible. All of them should have a skill, logically based of course.

And I hope it isn't entirely too out of character.
>> No. 14739
[X] You haven’t had an intellectually stimulating conversation in a while. Accept Patchouli’s invitation.

I fucking love both tea and Patchouli
>> No. 14740
[x] You shouldn’t interrupt them, when they’re in such an intent discussions with a Goddess. Spend some time with the sickly girl and wait till Aya and Iku are done. Then offer to introduce her.
>> No. 14741
File 123565204882.jpg - (129.53KB , 400x400 , 1206163077222.jpg ) [iqdb]
14741
[x] You haven’t had an intellectually stimulating conversation in a while. Accept Patchouli’s invitation.

I really like this Patchy. And not just because everyone else writes her like Nagato Yuki for some goddamn reason.
>> No. 14742
[x] You shouldn’t interrupt them, when they’re in such an intent discussions with a Goddess. Spend some time with the sickly girl and wait till Aya and Iku are done. Then offer to introduce her.
>> No. 14743
[x] You shouldn’t interrupt them, when they’re in such an intent discussions with a Goddess. Spend some time with the sickly girl and wait till Aya and Iku are done. Then offer to introduce her.
>> No. 14744
{X} You shouldn’t interrupt them, when they’re in such an intent discussions with a Goddess. Spend some time with the sickly girl and wait till Aya and Iku are done. Then offer to introduce her.
>> No. 14745
[X] You shouldn’t interrupt them, when they’re in such an intent discussions with a Goddess. Spend some time with the sickly girl and wait till Aya and Iku are done. Then take your leave.

I do quite like Patchy, but Aya and Iku are part of the reason we're here, after all.

Also a worthwhile point, but speaking with Aya might give us the opportunity to kill two birds with one stone: we'll probably be introduced to Momi at some point in the conversation. Plus, after we're done with Aya and Iku, Suwako should be quite nearby... the best for last!
>> No. 14746
[x] You shouldn’t interrupt them, when they’re in such an intent discussions with a Goddess. Spend some time with the sickly girl and wait till Aya and Iku are done. Then take your leave.

Somehow I doubt this option will allow us to go over and greet the others, but I can't think of anything else right now.
>> No. 14747
File 123566454217.jpg - (11.38KB , 222x155 , aya_thatsthejoke.jpg ) [iqdb]
14747
>Nursing your tea, you watch as the lively girl look this way and that, before shrugging and balancing the tray precariously on the shell of a large turtle crawling by.
>(the turtle hasn’t really gotten very far)
...

[x] You haven’t had an intellectually stimulating conversation in a while. Accept Patchouli’s invitation.
Coin toss choice.
>> No. 14748
[x] You shouldn’t interrupt them, when they’re in such an intent discussions with a Goddess. Spend some time with the sickly girl and wait till Aya and Iku are done. Then offer to introduce her.
>> No. 14750
Anonymous 09/02/26(Thu)03:42 No. 14740

[x] You shouldn’t interrupt them, when they’re in such an intent discussions with a Goddess. Spend some time with the sickly girl and wait till Aya and Iku are done. Then offer to introduce her.

[x] Say Hi to Genji as well.
>> No. 14751
[X] You shouldn’t interrupt them, when they’re in such an intent discussions with a Goddess. Spend some time with the sickly girl and wait till Aya and Iku are done. Then take your leave.
>> No. 14753
[x] You haven’t had an intellectually stimulating conversation in a while. Accept Patchouli’s invitation.
>> No. 14761
[x] You haven’t had an intellectually stimulating conversation in a while. Accept Patchouli’s invitation.
>> No. 14762
[x] You shouldn’t interrupt them, when they’re in such an intent discussions with a Goddess. Spend some time with the sickly girl and wait till Aya and Iku are done. Then offer to introduce her

Changed vote, previous one is deleted already.
>> No. 14769
[x] You shouldn’t interrupt them, when they’re in such an intent discussions with a Goddess. Spend some time with the sickly girl and wait till Aya and Iku are done. Then offer to introduce her
>> No. 14776
[x] You shouldn’t interrupt them, when they’re in such an intent discussions with a Goddess. Spend some time with the sickly girl and wait till Aya and Iku are done. Then offer to introduce her.

[x] Say Hi to Genji as well. It's only polite!
>> No. 14777
That girl is telling lies about us.

I don't know. I have this feeling...

We have our own life. We have our own life. We must remember that--

Never never never let anyone push you into a position.
>> No. 14778
[x] You shouldn’t interrupt them, when they’re in such an intent discussions with a Goddess. Spend some time with the sickly girl and wait till Aya and Iku are done. Then take your leave.
>> No. 14798
[x] You haven’t had an intellectually stimulating conversation in a while. Accept Patchouli’s invitation.
>> No. 14799
[x] You haven’t had an intellectually stimulating conversation in a while. Accept Patchouli’s invitation.
>> No. 14814
File 12358932317.png - (63.07KB , 619x666 , patchouli.png ) [iqdb]
14814
Ah...been only a few months and I find myself back abed, and behind in my studies. Damn spring sickness.

>>14741>>14745
Thanks for saying so; but I really meant to focus a bit more on Mei Ling here; though what I wrote seemed to have the unintended effect...though, either on Mei Ling's choice, or Patchy's would have inevitably brought Aya and Iku into it.

----------------------------
[] You shouldn’t interrupt them, when they’re in such an intent discussions with a Goddess. Spend some time with the sickly girl and wait till Aya and Iku are done. Then offer to introduce her,

“I think I’ll stay for a bit,” you answer, taking a sip from your own drink.

Patchouli stops abruptly, steaming mug paused in mid motion, half way to her lips, a brief flicker of surprise on her face. Evidently, choosing to stay with her for a little while hadn’t been what she had expected of you. But, nonetheless, she does look pleased. Still, she remains silent as she raises her tea to her lips once again; perhaps you’re expected to initiate the conversation? For a brief moment you wonder why your mind always seems to fail you when you are confronted with such situations. Social skills were never particularly your strong point but surely you would have something to talk about?

Thankfully, Patchouli unintentionally spares you a few moments of stuttering.

“You were arguing with Marisa earlier?” Patchouli asks, just as you were about to speak. “It was hard not to notice the two of you.” She comments, somewhat as an afterthought. “You were practically the center piece of the whole party.”

“With Marisa?” you repeat, not expecting this of all topics. “Yes, well…I’m still sorry about landing on you like that and-well…you know…“you finish lamely, unable to find the words appropriate for this rather complex relationship. “There’s really nothing much to say about it, Patchouli, it’s been like that ever since Marisa first showed up.”

“I’m sorry.” Patchouli states simply. “Perhaps it was a little presumptuous to discuss something so sensitive at this time.”

“Wha? No, I don’t feel that you’re prying or anything,” you reply hastily. “Well, about Marisa, either way, I’ll have to deal with her sooner or later.” You decide, “Like Ran says, we’re both too old to be acting like this all the time, “you finish with a wry smile.

“You should,” Patchouli encourages. “I’ll have to admit, I’ve never see Marisa acting like that before.” She states seriously. “She’s usually a very cheerful person.” Patchouli concludes; her eyes distant. Following her direction of her glance, it falls on the wooden flooring of the Reimu’s quarters- and the group of four people engaged in a rousing game of mahjong; Marisa and Alice amongst them.

“You seem to know Marisa quite well,’ you comment, breaking Patchouli’s reverie.

“Do you think so?” Patchouli asks, tilting her head and gracing you with a small smile. “…From my perspective, perhaps it would be so. From her perspective, however, I would think it would be quite a different story; I would never claim to be as close to Marisa as Alice is.” She says quietly, with a somewhat wistful air about her.

“Oh, Alice?” you repeat, “I’ve just met her she’s er… very unique.”

Patchouli studies you over the rim of her mug for moment, before letting out a sigh. “Isn’t she?” she murmurs, so softly that you can barely hear her. She takes a long sip of tea, and remains silent; relationships, evidently being a subject she no longer wishes to discuss. You find yourself at a loss for words as well, though Patchouli does not seem to fault you for it, taking the lull to calmly finish her mug of tea.

You find yourself drawn back to Aya and Iku’s animated discussion. They’re still going strong, though Aya is the one talking now, the Moriya “Goddess” having to levitate to match the lanky girl’s stature. With Iku and that wolf girl nodding at regular intervals, the short “Goddess” appears suitably worried about something.

“Anything urgent? Perhaps you should go and talk to them then.” Patchouli recommends, evidently having taken notice of your observations.

“I don’t think so….if it were anything overly dangerous, they would have went to Reimu first.” You reply surely. “I don’t think I would like to interfere in their…domestic problems.”

“Perhaps it’s for the best.” Patchouli agrees, placing her empty mug down upon the bench. ”Though since we’re on the subject of Miss Shameimaru…” You watch as Patchouli raises an arm, and along with it, one voluminous sleeve of her nightgown like garb and with her other, she reaches within and pulls out, of all things a small book.

“Aya’s Travel Diary,” Patchouli announces, pointing out the title; printed in crude block prints upon the threadbare cloth binding. “Miss Shameimaru was handing these out with her usual bunbunmaru newspapers on her rounds that other day. Perhaps this would interest you,” she states levelly, carefully holding it out towards you.

You accept the book gingerly, and flip its thin pages open, taking care not to rip them; the unprocessed old style paper being comparably weak to the industrial standard sheets you’re more accustomed to. “Is she serious?” you wonder out loud, looking edgeways at the reporter girl; still babbling away in a silly manner in the distance.

“It has made Miss Shameimaru somewhat of a minor…hmm…celebrity amongst her people.” Patchouli comment neutrally. “But that really isn’t really my problem is it? But, if possible, I would like you to verify certain pieces of writing within this book.” She finishes, shifting her position so that she’s right in front of you, peering down the pages from the opposite side.

“The world is big…” you read unsteadily “and so is a train station,”, Patchouli flashing you quizzical glances every now and then as you goggle at the mass of far fetched theories and messed up facts Aya has presented; jammed in a user friendly booklet. “Here,” she points out. “She has written that she’s traveled for fifteen hours straight without ever leaving the confines of a city, on a motorized vehicle no less.

‘Well…I guess the prefecture is getting a little over urbanized…Yukari does claim that she feels a “building” poking her here and there every now and then.” You reply; feeling a little confused. You’ve never really bothered to keep time when traveling through the city at any rate, but, perhaps you can see the angle Aya is coming from…the largest settlement here is the human village after all; still keeping it’s title as a village even though it’s less of a village and more of a town by now. Still, though it’s the most densely populated place in Gensokyo, it’s definitely no comparison to even the Chuushin residential district, let alone the whole city itself.
>> No. 14815
“Interesting, that the world has changed in this many ways?” Patchouli remarks, lifting a stray lock of hair from her eyes, voice tinged with something approaching reverence. “I never would have imagined a city of this size.”

“I think, she’s exaggerated it a little, though it’s somewhat accurate,” you admit grudgingly. “Gensokyo’s people tend to panic once they fall into the human realm…same for us when we fall into Gensokyo.” You continue, recalling Aya’s tear stained, homesick face, and Tokiko’s own tearful breakdown in the subway station, quite a time prior.

Patchouli nods, acknowledging your statement, but does not answer, instead looking at the booklet in your hands, eyes flickering through the columns of characters, apparently able to read perfectly well from her inverted perspective. She’s unique too, in her own way…you wonder, sparing the distant mahjong tables a quick glance, before turning back. Patchouli is still reading, from her inverted position no less, noticing nothing amiss. Still…maybe…Marisa, Alice and …Patchouli? You can come up with a number of theories, but…there’s no point speculating and invading her privacy is there?

But something else catches your eye; a flash of pink and the upper limits of our field of vision. Slowly you raise your head, and standing a short distance behind Patchouli, are two persons. An oddly matched pair; a silver haired woman of average height holding aloft a parasol, (an odd accessory, especially with daylight failing already) shielding a younger girl from the weak light of the setting sun. She has wings; bat like appendages emerging at angles from her back…and remarkably…you were so busy staring at the wings that you hadn’t realized that the taller woman is clad in a very flattering French maid’s outfit. Goodness...where have your priorities gone…

They don’t say anything, standing there, unmoving for long moments. Patchouli doesn’t seem to notice, and looking back then, the thought of tapping her shoulder and asking who the two were never occurred to you. All you receive is a sly, somewhat expectant smirk, something you would have expected to be gracing Yukari’s features, yet oddly appropriate for such a short girl. You would estimate that she would barely come up to your chest…perhaps of equal height with Suika? …she looks so small and harmless…though her expression tells you otherwise. She gives you a sassy wink –and suddenly, the two are gone.

You nearly leap to your feat in surprise, though managing to restrain yourself in time. Warily, you scan the crowd for both the persons you saw, but there’s no sign of them. A small pink dressed girl and a French maid with an umbrella would usually stand out, even amongst the denizens of Gensokyo, but these particular two don’t, much to your irritation.

Irritably, you take a look for Aya and Iku, only to find that they’re gone; neither of them or even the Moriya Goddess are in sight. Swearing inwardly and looking about in the hope of one slim chance of spotting one of the two, you are about to stand up to search for them, when someone leans heavily onto you from behind. Your vision goes dark as cool hands cover your eyes, illiciting a surprised grunt from Patchouli as you stifle a yell.

“Guess who!” someone sings; a familiar voice indeed.

[]Aya
[]Iku
[]Yukari
[]Kourin…This had better not be you.
---------------------------------
Everything is connected. By brining Iku along with Aya in the first rescue "prologue" perhaps, just maybe you've sparked off an odd friendship.
Perhaps marry Kourin off to someone?
>> No. 14816
[]Kourin…This had better not be you.

awesome.jpg
>> No. 14817
[x] Quit that Iku.
>> No. 14819
[x] Aya

Ayayayaya
>> No. 14821
[X] Aya
[X] Iku

Would normally be odd to think of Iku doing this, but it would be cute to see her picking up small habits from Aya.

Aya I might suspect of this, and Yukari too. Kourin... would be amusing, but slightly creepy at the same time.

Also, argh. Must find Suwako before the day is out.
>> No. 14822
[X] Iku
>> No. 14823
[X] Iku
>> No. 14824
File 123589810279.jpg - (478.97KB , 1200x1350 , 74a5d85aebea871316db1db541b81a8e.jpg ) [iqdb]
14824
[!/]Iku
>> No. 14825
[x] Yukari

Pressing against our back~
>> No. 14826
[X] Iku
>> No. 14827
[x] Iku
>> No. 14828
File 123589953651.jpg - (52.50KB , 600x450 , 1186628179127.jpg ) [iqdb]
14828
[]Kourin…This had better not be you.

This will be our face.
>> No. 14829
[X] Tokiko
>> No. 14830
[x] Iku
>> No. 14831
[x]Kourin…This had better not be you.
>> No. 14832
{X} Iku
>> No. 14833
[]Onee-san?
>> No. 14834
[X]Kourin…This had better not be you.
>> No. 14835
[x] Iku
>> No. 14836
[X]Kourin…This had better not be you.

Far too amusing to pass up.
>> No. 14837
[x] Iku

Dance with me~
>> No. 14838
[x] Iku
>> No. 14840
[x] Not Iku

Seriously. Why does flipping about a character's traits supposed to help? By all rights, she shouldn't have that great of an opinion on us, nor does she seem the touchy-feely type in public.

No, what would be better is that she actually suspects us as a perverted idiot (Although through no fault of our own.) but is a bit too proper to actually say it out loud.

In our first meeting - we wake her up by dropping a slice of pizza on her, see her in her underwear, and then fall out of a window. All within the space of a few minutes. (I don't see her asking Aya later about the entire changing business.)

If she asked Aya, we met Aya first in the middle of the ladies' underwear department and was really helpful to her despite being a total stranger at the time. (It's not like your average Touhou would realize how a department store is laid out and how you can get entirely lost in an undergarments section alone. The fact that Aya would probably have a good opinion of us still would not be too helpful, Aya seems to see only what she wants to see.)

If she asks Marisa about why we're hated, Marisa would probably blush, be evasive, but be certain there's a very good reason for it and we've been like that even when we were little. (Obviously, we must have done something completely unspeakable to her then!)

If someone tells her we 'accidently' landed on Patchy, well - it does seem strange we landed on someone who's not in good enough shape to dodge or fight back properly...

Suwako? Apparently, we're thinking about being her consort.

Then, once Yukari comes back, it's even worse.
-Apparently, we gave Yukari and Ran (who we see as family) underwear. And we seem a bit nervous when asked about Chen's.
-We also peaked at Yukari more than once when she was undressed and sleeping.
-Yukari might comment how we left two girls behind outside - maybe they'll be angry if they find out? (Two just from the Outside?) We then comment back that they don't have to know. (Cheater!)

Oh, and then there's Kourin.
>> No. 14841
>>14840

Landlordanon, you magnificent bastard.
>> No. 14842
[x] Not Iku
[x] Yukari

Seriously, Iku? It's like no one cares about characterization.
>> No. 14843
>“Guess who!” someone sings

Not Iku.
>> No. 14844
>>14842>>14843

Landlordnonymous hopes its Iku. It turns out to be Yukari. Yukari teases him about it for days/weeks.
>> No. 14845
Come to think of it, another possibilty (although a bit less interesting) would be it's Iku's voice but Aya's hands - they're playing a trick. A bit less off-character than Iku simply jumping all over us. (Although I still can't see her going 'Guess who!', she's the one that informed us her superiors would disappove of us acting so familarily.)

In this case, we still get it correct, and they're suprised we can remember them that well. Cue an awkward moment when you point out that it's not Aya's hands you recognized, it's just... she held on a bit close, and so...
>> No. 14846
[x] Kourin…This had better not be you.
>> No. 14847
[x] Kourin…This had better not be you.
>> No. 14848
[]Kourin…This had better not be you.

This will be glorious
>> No. 14849
[x] Aya

>>14840
>Why does flipping about a character's traits supposed to help?
That is not a sentence. I can hardly understand what the hell point you're trying to make in this post.
>> No. 14850
>>14840

So what you're saying is that we're Keitaro and Iku is Naru.
>> No. 14851
>>14840

This, many many times!

[X]Aya
>> No. 14852
[x] Kourin…This had better not be you.

Too good.
>> No. 14853
>>14840

We're a ladies man. How is that a bad thing?

Landlordanon- Manipulation of Affection
>> No. 14854
[x] Iku
>> No. 14855
[x] Aya
>> No. 14857
[x] Kourin…This had better not be you.
>> No. 14866
This makes the third instance.
Alice x Patchy is now THP canon.

>>14849
Ignore that sentence and re-read the entire thing. It's a commentary on the fact that if Iku asked around about us, we would appear to be some kind of possibly sex-obsessed freak.
>> No. 14870
File 123604205941.jpg - (177.71KB , 600x808 , 698cbd50044a43041dcea9cf6c1d92d9.jpg ) [iqdb]
14870
>>14866

>possibly sex-obsessed freak.
>little brother of Yukari

I fail to see the problem here.
>> No. 14885
>>14870
Oh, there's no problem. I'm just saying, that's what was being said, there.
>> No. 14978
File 123617559181.jpg - (434.20KB , 1150x1000 , i衣玖と文.jpg ) [iqdb]
14978
>>14840
I think that Iku would have been too busy to ask as of yet. It quite probable that she's has a somewhat ambivalent impression of you, after throwing one's self out a window isn't the most impressive thing in the world.

She does acknowledge the amount of effort you put into pressing matters though.

>>14866
Perhaps not to that degree...though people will expect Yukari to have passed on some odd habits, despite the greater similarity to Ran.
-------------
[]Iku

“Iku?” you had exclaimed, feeling rather surprised actually; having caught a short length of crimson pleats at the very edge of your vision. No doubt evidence of Iku’s favored garb; though, you found it more than a little difficult to imagine Iku acting in this manner; she just never struck you as the type. But, with Iku behind you…there was a fairly high possibility that Aya was not too far away.

True enough, Aya’s energetic voice sounds again; “Half right!” she exclaims happily, just as the hands that obstruct your vision are removed. You turn immediately, just managing to catch Aya’s own hands releasing Iku’s. Iku, noting your glance, gives you a longsuffering look; shrugging and pointing towards Aya. “I didn’t want any part of this,” Iku mutters disapprovingly, though she doesn’t actually look that unhappy about the whole situation. Aya, on the other hand, stills has the proprietary to laugh gaily and slap you on the back; a familiar gesture.

“Oh, heya Patchouli!” she calls, raising a hand in greeting. ”You look a lot better. Didn’t expect to see you here; with this guy of all people.

“Is it? We’ve met before this date.” Patchouli replies shrugging. “Though we were only both formally introduced today;”

“And oh my!” Aya continues in mock surprise. “Come to think of it, these two certainly are a matching pair huh, Iku?” she says, drawing a rather blank stare from Iku. “Both Gensokyo’s gloomiest people together; sitting together and reading! Who would have figured that? All we need is that Lady Yama and this picture would be complete.” She teases lightly, ruffling your hair as you attempt to stand up. Patchouli makes no movement, despite your discomfort; an odd expression on her face, somewhere between embarrassment, and amusement.

“Ah?” Iku lets out, seemingly a little confused. “I suppose you would know better than me, Aya.” She sighs, “I have never met this “Lady Yama” of yours. Though,” she turns to Patchouli. “It’s been a while, Miss Knowledge.” She says, performing a small bow, a gesture which Patchouli returns; an odd half bow which caused the adornments on her hat to bob up and down.

“And you too,” she continues, turning to you and gracing you with a somber smile. “I hope you’ve recovered well.”

“Ah…I’d rather not remember that, Nagae,” you answer, remembering that she’d rather you address her by her family name, receiving a amicable nod in reply. “Anyway, why don’t you two take a seat?” you offer, shifting to the side.

Both Aya and Iku look well, all things considered. Iku is dressed in her usual raiment (the outfit you’ve seen her in the most often, during your, to this date, otherwise limited interactions.) though her crimson fringed shawl is wrapped around her quite snugly, more along the lines of a scarf than anything else; as a ward against the early spring chill. Aya looks much as she always did, though her shirt has an elaborately embroidered length of cloth, running from neck to hem. Perhaps some sort of status symbol amongst the tengu? Like Iku, she too has a scarf; dotted with her favored leaf motifs, though Aya seems to have let it trail over the nape of her neck rather than wrap it about her person; for that dramatic look no doubt. She’s grown her hair longer.

“Thanks, “Aya says, seating herself and leaning against you with a grin, evidently taking much pleasure from your discomfort, while Iku, seats herself more sedately along side Patchouli, alternating glances between you and Aya with a wry smile. She seems to have an impression of you at least, though good or bad you cannot tell.

“Oooh…I’m tired,” Aya exclaims, finally having enough of teasing you, “I’ve been flying since dawn today…and as much fun as that is, it gets tiring if you do it non stop for hours and hours and hours on end…Iku’s good company though…flying alone is lonely work after while.”

“Well, you have my gratitude, Miss Aya,” Iku states. “I had just visited the Tengu fort to inform them of the situation at hand, but Miss Aya insisted on accompanying me along for the search.” Iku explains, smiling gratefully, as Aya stifles a yawn.

“Search?” you ask, giving Iku a quizzical look.

“Oh? That brat of a celestial got loose again.” Aya says dismissively, waving a hand idly. “You know; the one that caused all those earthquakes and funny weather? It turns out that poor Iku here has a job babysitting the brat.”

“Er, Miss Aya, my actual job is the post of a liaison between the Dragon palace and the lower Celestial Court, Lord Hinanawi reigns in…I don’t actually baby-sit…” Iku protests weakly. “Maybe a little…” she admits with a sigh. “…She’s a handful sometimes…” Now that you’ve the time to look closer, Iku does look tired, making an illogically matching pair with Patchouli.

“You are referring to Miss Hinanawi, I would assume?” Patchouli asks finally, after some consideration. “It was an interesting duel…perhaps I would have won, were it not for the symptoms of my illness showing themselves at an ill-opportune moment. A celestial, even an immature one is still a formidable opponent.” She comments, eyes distant, as if recalling some long past event.

“Oh! So that’s why I saw you going down the mountain coughing all the way,” Aya comments, giving Patchouli worried look. “I took a quick visit home before I caught up with Iku and Yukari…Reimu joined us a bit later…then Marisa…” She continues, turning to Patchouli. “Momiji took you down didn’t she?”

“Yes, it was nice of her to escort me down.’ Patchouli replies.

Aya nods, looking appropriately satisfied. “Celestials are something aren’t they?” That Tenko…”

“Chiko, her name is Chiko.” Iku corrects, raising a finger. “Renaming herself as the child of heaven was just brash conceit on her part…to say that she has a high opinion of herself would be an understatement” Iku finishes, looking worried. “Were Lord Hinanawi not in such good standing with the Jade Emperor of Heaven…” she leaves it hanging, ominously.

“You really respect this Hinanawi fellow, huh Iku?” Aya smirks, placing an arm around your shoulder and pulling you close. “Play along?” she whispers theoretically.

“Hmm? No.’ you reply shortly.

“Che…you’ll end up like her if you’re this serious all the time.” Aya replies, casting a glance towards Patchouli. “Iku’s well on her way to that state too.”
>> No. 14979
“I can hear you perfectly well Aya.” Iku rebukes, eyes narrowing, abandoning her usual formal tone. “And yes, I do respect Lord Hinanawi; both as my direct superior and as a person as a whole. If he has a fault it is only that he dotes too much on his only daughter and has let her run wild.” Iku continues, obviously brooking no insult to this superior of hers. And I’d have thought that after this last fiasco, Chiko would have some sense not to cause any trouble for a while.” She finishes, looking perhaps a little bitter.

“About that,” Patchouli interrupts. “I would not have believed that escape from the lower celestial courts to be such a simple matter. If what I have read were to be correct…I do not claim to be any expert on the subject of celestials”

“Lord Hinanawi’s house is…laxer than others…their manor is only adjacent to Bhava-agra and Gensokyo so they have little to fear from attacks; Gensokyo’s youkai are particularly polite to celestials anyway… and Bhava-agra is just one immense serene field of flowers…at least till Chiko tore it up.” Iku admits, looking uncomfortable. “Besides, he didn’t have the heart to actually imprison or restrain her in anyway; I suppose you could say that it was inevitable that she would run off the moment her father’s back was turned.”

“So it happened around this morning,” Ay assents, “though they didn’t really know about it till Tenko descended from Bhava-agra and attacked the other Moriya Goddess during the dawn purification ceremony…”

“Chiko, Aya.” Iku corrects.

“Hmm? Oh yeah Chiko, Chiko,” Aya acknowledges halfheartedly, before continuing her tale, ”Kanako won of course; that old snake was at the very center of the influence of her power; there’s no way some half sized celestial could win against that… and so the brat had to run away with Kanako chasing her.” Aya continues, letting out a gleeful laugh. “But the old snake forgot to tell her miko where she was going off to and, well, she’s probably still too engrossed with hunting down that brat to come to the party anyway, so Suwako and he new shrine miko had to come here by themselves. You saw that Suwako didn’t you?” she asks, turning to you.

“You shake your head, the name unfamiliar.

“She stands out a lot; her hat has eyes on it.’’ Aya comments nonchalantly.

“Oh,” you reply dryly. Well, at the very least, you had a name to her face now.

“Anyway never mind about Suwako for now; after that, Iku was sent out to search, she contacted me and we both went out; and that’s more or less it.” Aya finishes, releasing her hold on you and sitting upright. “And if I do get my hands on Tenko….ooh…” Aya grunts, making a spanking motion with her hands. “For all the trouble she’s caused me…”

“It’s Chiko, Aya… oh never mind.” Iku concedes, lifting a hand to her brow and massaging it. “I suppose since Gensokyo knows her as Tenko anyway…” she continues grudgingly.”Either way, I think we’d better take this chance for some relaxation, while we still can; I’ll have to get back to the search after this.” Iku finishes, a yawn escaping. She’s obviously has had a fairly long day.

[] Offer to get the next round of drinks.
[] Suggest that they should get something to eat.
[] Just sit and relax, take it easy. Aya chatters enough for the four of you anyway.
[] Sit, talk, enjoy.
[] It’s getting cold, go in and watch the mahjong game. With or without everyone.
And one of these;
[] Wonder why Yukari is taking so long.
[] ….what the…Was that Kourin?

Feel free to write in sensible. On one of each.
-----------------------------------------

Also, Chiko is Tenko's real name; she renamed herself after ascending to heaven; with no real merit of her own. Supposedly only Emperors could claim that title, but...there's not much point delving into this now is there?

Also, all is not well in Gensokyo despite appearances. Most of the problems mentioned by Yukari can still have long lasting effects, if you take the time to look closely and spot them.
>> No. 14980
[X] Just sit and relax, take it easy. Aya chatters enough for the four of you anyway.
[X} ...hey, what happened to Tokiko?
>> No. 14983
[x] Offer to get the next round of drinks.
[x] That turtle....
>> No. 14984
[X] Sit, talk, enjoy.
[X] Wonder why Yukari is taking so long.

Some horrible part of me wants Yukari to be around when we confront Suwako.
>> No. 14985
[X] Sit, talk, enjoy.
[X] Wonder why Yukari is taking so long.
>> No. 14987
[x] Offer to get the next round of drinks.
[X] Wonder why Yukari is taking so long.
>> No. 14994
[X] Sit, talk, enjoy.
[X] Wonder why Yukari is taking so long.
>> No. 14995
[X] Sit, talk, enjoy.
[X] Wonder why Yukari is taking so long.
>> No. 14996
[X] Sit, talk, enjoy.
[X] Wonder why Yukari is taking so long.

???? was specific about choosing one of each, no working around that for me.
>> No. 15016
File 123622099387.jpg - (534.92KB , 1000x600 , 1b0d9119875a51a7616a5ee6543c5764.jpg ) [iqdb]
15016
[!/] Sit, talk, enjoy.
[!/] Wonder why Yukari is taking so long.
>> No. 15017
[x] Sit, talk, enjoy.
[x] Wonder why Yukari is taking so long.

Needs more Patchy.
>> No. 15022
[x] Sit, talk, enjoy.
[x] ….what the…Was that Kourin?

While I always enjoy some Yukarin, this option calls for me.

>>15017
I concur.
>> No. 15107
bumping while waiting for updates
>> No. 15108
[x] Sit, talk, enjoy.
[x] Wonder why Yukari is taking so long.
>> No. 15151
File 123651749461.jpg - (56.44KB , 585x464 , sunset.jpg ) [iqdb]
15151
These new trains have complementary wireless internet. high tech indeed. On my way for a class gather at a beach chalet and I'm writing from a train. Comfortable enough once motion sickness is subdued.

Anyway, the site was down for a bit, and I didn't realize it was up till now. Does this sort of owntime happen often?
---------------------------------
[] Sit, talk, enjoy.
[] Wonder why Yukari is taking so long.

Yawns are contagious aren’t they? You briefly contemplate, also resisting the urge to do so as well; watching with vague interest as Aya too succumbs, raising an arm to her mouth. “Au,” Aya grunts, “Must be more tired than I’d have expected…”She recovers quickly though, and turns to Iku before she continues, “But if you’re going tomorrow, I’ll come along then.” She states confidently. “The two of us can cover more ground than one alone: I’ll get Momiji to pack some lunch boxes for us, we might as well have a picnic while we’re at it.” She offers brightly, crossing her lithe legs as she shifts in her seat.

Iku doesn’t reply, merely nodding patronizingly; a noncommittal means of acknowledging Aya’s rather odd schemes without agreeing to anything outrageous, while Patchouli just shrugs and maintains that should anyone invade her mansion and its surrounding lands and homesteads-she would know about it almost immediately. A prospect that both Aya and Iku met with some enthusiasm

While Gensokyo was technically a tiny sealed realm in the larger scope of things; it still had a considerable expanse of empty inhabited land after all, with nothing but feral youkai and wild beasts about. Perhaps, a perfect hideaway for a rouge celestial. Every helping hand would be appreciated-Except yours; with no fighting ability or magic; at the very most, you would be an observer and at the worst; a liability.

Ah well…that’s how it is, isn’t it?

Melancholy thoughts aside, there isn’t really anything that you should be unhappy about. The party is noisy and lively, the guests mostly friendly and unlikely to try to eat you (except Rumia maybe; she has tried and failed several times,) the food is testament to Ran’s excellent skills, the click-clack of mahjong tiles and the wild invigorating magic of people generally having a good time is intoxicating. How could you even begin to feel melancholic in this place?

The conversation is good too, though it’s less of a conversation and more off an Aya-monologue with the three of you, Iku, Patchouli and yourself injecting valid points and counter arguments whenever Aya’s ramblings slow enough to allow you to do so; stopping entirely only when Aya ceases chattering to yank that wolf girl you saw earlier seemingly out of nowhere and introducing her to you, the only one of the three haven’t to have met her.

“-and this is Momiji!!! Isn’t she cute?” she exclaims enthusiastically, tugging firmly on the shorter girl’s gi and pulling her close- entirely enveloping the smaller girl in a rough hug as said girl waves weakly and tries to answer, only to let out surprised and somewhat indecent squeal as Aya tugs one of her ears playfully. “Don’t! Miss Aya! It tickles!” she complains fruitlessly, alternating between peals of clear laughter and …hmm…less than modest gasps and moans.

You are vaguely reminded of an anime you watched perhaps a year or two back; especially when Aya offers to let you touch her ears, though Momiji is not entirely defenseless, latching on to Aya’s stockinged legs and tackling hard, sending the two of them to the ground in a heap of legs, arms and one bushy tail.

“Did she drink too much?” you ask, half whispering to Iku. “Aya seemed quite lucid to me though.”

“Two.” Iku replies hastily, barely managing to conceal a red face, “though, I wouldn’t say she’s drunk. Such activities,’ she indicates with one elegant hand,” are more or less natural for the tengu, or so I’ve heard. Miss Knowledge would know more.” She finishes cueing Patchouli to continue.

Patchouli notes your curious glance with a slight grin- the exuberance the wrestling two are exuding is infectious indeed, before beginning. “Pack mentality I would imagine,” she states knowingly. “They- quite like the wolves and crows they style themselves as, stick together closely-one large pack per say. It’s just something they do from young…all this roughhousing, this teasing , this play-mauling, they grew up doing it- just like wolf puppies.” She finishes, smiling warmly, though hesitating and looking uncomfortable before admitting to you, talking softly; “It’s quite adorable…in a way.”

Maybe so, from Patchouli’s perspective but…with their skirts hiked up and both blouses and gi in disarray, they’re unintentionally showing off some assets to you, which of course, makes it fairly hard to concentrate on how adorable it is rather than…other things. Aya is quite a pretty girl after all- in an athletic way while Momiji has that soft fuzzy, adorable air to her that only a few people possess. It helps that she has wolf ears and a tail as well.

Aya finally relents, releasing her hold on her smaller friend, and the two come apart with a discontented rumble-Momiji’s from the way she’s looking at Aya- a mixture of self-consciousness and exhilaration an perhaps some rivalry rolled into one. With a broken yell, she springs forwards, snarling as she actidentally snags Iku’s shawl-mantle in the process and smacks Aya across the back of the head, whipping the crimson frilled length of cloth about Aya’s person.

“Aya~!” Momiji shrieks, abandoning all shreds of formality. “AYAaaaaYAA~!” She’s quite a sight actually; nostrils flared, ears perked up and tail waving about in an agitated manner, her little fists clenched at her side so tightly that the whites of her knuckles are showing; so much so that Patchouli vacates her seat takes a step back and even Iku has to abandon her shawl to escape. Pressing her advantage, with Aya deeply entangled within Iku’s own shawl, Momiji bounds forwards hands outstretched, and with a little hop grabs the taller girl’s collar, pulling her down to a more manageable height.

“MMm! Auuu-“ Aya mumbles, head still swathed in the shawl’s fabric, jerking slightly and struggling uselessly. She’s flails wildly for a moment, before finally falling still; submitting as Momiji jams her into a headlock; before turning to you. Not Patchouli, nor Iku but you. Strange no doubt, but at this stage you’re inclined to listen to her.

”Pardon me; I need to talk to Miss Aya for a moment, about what’s acceptable behavior in public.” She states politely; much alike a mother apologizing in a rude child’s stead, though her voice has a slightly hysterical quality to it.

You nod, throat feeling rather dry. You didn’t really have a choice either way.

Momiji smiles benignly, before turning and dragging her captive off to some obscure corner, much to the bewilderment of you companions and yourself.

“Interesting,” Patchouli sates dryly. “The way their relationships work.”

“What do you mean?” you ask, somewhat interested. She had been a, most noticeable individual after all.

“She’s is more powerful, both in terms of skill and status-“Patchouli states, “a more outgoing person too …”

“Which means?” you press further.

“You’ve noticed the stripes of embroidery and motifs on Miss Shameimaru’s clothes no doubt?” Patchouli points out, getting your nod in reply. “They’re a symbol of affluence amongst the tengu, unlike red and blue and green dyes, orange dye is not easily made within the bounds of Gensokyo,” she explains. “That orange dye used to make that strip could have been traded for quite a considerable sum.”
>> No. 15152
“I’ve noticed this too, when I visited the mountain “Iku confirms. “Only the nobility amongst the tengu- their master artisans, their champions and their ministers have such ornamentation. The Tengu Lord, I’m told, has a particularly well made Nagajuban- dyed orange of course; Really a luxury.”

Patchouli nods slightly impatiently, “though, despite that, for all her power and affluence, Miss Shameimaru seems to have acknowledged that Momiji is the dominant person in their relationship. Truly interesting, I wouldn’t have thought about it. Perhaps neither of them knows it either.” She states, pacing as if to follow the pair.

“They’re in that kind of relationship?” you gasp, getting uncomfortable stares from both Patchouli and Iku in return.

“Relationships don’t have to be of the sexual sort,” Patchouli speaks finally. “Perhaps my choice of words was not appropriate; Shameimaru has acknowledged Momiji as the “leader” in their interpersonal dealings.”

Patchouli leaves soon after; stating the need to relieve herself when asked, and soon enough, Iku wanders off to the tables red faced, after a particularly loud growl from her stomach, leaving you seated along once more. Neither Aya nor Momiji has returned, though you thought you had heard Momiji shouting earlier, somewhere.

You get up, deciding that there’s no point sitting here alone, and take a look about you instead, walking at your leisure through the masses of people and youkai. Mei Ling seems to have caught that “Flandre” of hers, and is sitting atop an empty table, apparently strumming some instrument as her change dances wildly, her wing crystals swaying every other way as she twirls, hand in hand with an blue dressed fairy, icicle like wings set ablaze a vivid orange by the sun’s last light and the lanterns of the shrine. An idiot’s dance without rhythm or sense, they careen around, knocking over chairs with impunity; though both participants seem to enjoy it immensely, laughing quite audibly, even from where you stand.

You’re also pleased to note that Marisa seems to have lost completely at mahjong and is out of the game, being replaced by of all people, Tokiko, who seems be doing much better than her predecessor: with a large pile of small cards (marked “p”) a few larger cards (also marked “P”), some spring petals and a number of strange star shaped cards you’ve never seen before stacked on her side of the square table. Tokiko is obviously nervous, her wings drooping slightly but that’s understandable; with Ran, Reimu, Alice and Marisa looking at her quite glumly.

And though it’s hard to tear your eyes away from this scene, one evil hat catches your eye, and for once, it’s not staring at you. Rather, it’s staring at someone in front of that little “Goddess” for once. At the very edge of the shrine’s grounds, the little Goddess stands at the base of the grafittied torii, addressing someone facing away from you. Both of them, barely near enough to make out, until the other girl breaks away, leaving the Godess to stand alone at the torii, staring at the sky. You didn’t really have a good look at her (she’s obviously a girl and a miko) though, she does have green hair.

It does evoke memories, of the high school gatherings. Memories of lively chatter and gossip, though it fell apart after the inseparable band of four was sadly reduced to three. Though the objective was not to be Melancholy, wasn’t it? And speaking of inseparable, just where is that irresponsible sister of yours and her best friend? Ah well…she’ll turn up eventually, no matter where you go…she’s reliable in that sense.

[] Check on Mei Ling and this Flandre. It’s not decent to trail Patchouli to the toilet.
[] Follow Iku’s lead and get some food. You guess you hungry too.
[] Get to the mahjong tables; if just to laugh at Marisa. Or not.
[] Go see the goddess. Maybe you’ll have her explain her intentions clearly. It’s a serious matter after all.
[] Catch the green haired miko. She stimulates an amount of nostalgia within you.
[] Poke around for Yukari. She’s been gone far too long. Maybe she’s hidden in that big pot over there…

Feel free to write it sensibly once more. Or if you feel up to it, choose and elaborate on your eventual actions.
------------------------------------------
Yukari should turn up, no matter what happens. She's reliable like that...won't she?

Pardon the blogging:
And mahjong is harder than it looks. Got out the old set and tried and lost horribly. Either way, there's more important things to be done this week (chalet) thoughthe place has wireless too, but I'll expect I'll be too tired to update over the next few days.
Still...I'll hope for some interesting stuff to spark inspiration, and try not to let happy couples get me down and have fun.
And to you guys too, Happy March, have fun, get healthy and prosperity get you.
>> No. 15153
[X] Get to the mahjong tables. Ignore Marisa.

Mahjong is hard if you suck, which, of course, I don't.
>> No. 15154
[x] Catch the green haired miko. She stimulates an amount of nostalgia within you.
>> No. 15155
[X] Get to the mahjong tables; if just to laugh at Marisa. Or not.
>> No. 15156
[X] Catch the green haired miko. She stimulates an amount of nostalgia within you.
>> No. 15158
[X] Catch the green haired miko. She stimulates an amount of nostalgia within you.
>> No. 15159
[X] Get to the mahjong tables; if just to laugh at Marisa. Or not.
>> No. 15160
[x] Catch the green haired miko. She stimulates an amount of nostalgia within you.
>> No. 15161
[X] Go see the goddess. Maybe you’ll have her explain her intentions clearly. It’s a serious matter after all.
>> No. 15163
File 123653595359.png - (130.89KB , 400x400 , 1236481102536.png ) [iqdb]
15163
[!/] Get to the mahjong tables. Ignore Marisa.

Pissing against the tide here, but I still think we should help our invited guest ;_;.
>> No. 15164
[X] Go see the goddess. Maybe you’ll have her explain her intentions clearly. It’s a serious matter after all.

We're her proposed consort. We need to spend time with her.
>> No. 15165
[] Get to the mahjong tables; if just to laugh at Marisa. Or not. Rather, focus more on cheering Tokiko on and making her feel welcome, even if the others won't.
>> No. 15168
[x] Catch the green haired miko. She stimulates an amount of nostalgia within you.
>> No. 15169
[x] Get to the mahjong tables; if just to cheer Tokiko on.

Sanae is the only person listed we haven't met, and I'm sure we'll have more chances. Well, I guess we didn't meet Flan either.
>> No. 15170
[x] Catch the green haired miko. She stimulates an amount of nostalgia within you.
>> No. 15171
[x] Catch the green haired miko. She stimulates an amount of nostalgia within you.
>> No. 15172
[x] Get to the mahjong tables; if just to laugh at Marisa. Or not.

Let's not abandon our guest
>> No. 15181
[x] Get to the mahjong tables; if just to cheer Tokiko on.
>> No. 15183
[] Catch the green haired miko. She stimulates an amount of nostalgia within you.

Sanae first, next is suwako for sure.
>> No. 15184
File 123655967814.jpg - (287.09KB , 562x800 , sanae086.jpg ) [iqdb]
15184
[X] Catch the green haired miko. She stimulates an amount of nostalgia within you.

Well, if Suwako isn't winning, I'll go with the next best thing. Probably the better choice anyway; this way we have a chance at a reunion scene with Sanae, and the commotion from the miko will be liable to attract Suwako.

I wonder what our reunion with Sanae will be like. Will she be thrilled, or unexcited? Will she tackle us to the ground in joy at seeing a former classmate? Will there be hugs and kisses?
>> No. 15185
File 123655991484.jpg - (614.81KB , 800x1363 , b94351ebd4be3e0592ba2b373a814449.jpg ) [iqdb]
15185
>>15184

>Will there be hugs and kisses?

Not quite sure about the whole sloppy seconds issue.
>> No. 15192
[x] Catch the green haired miko. She stimulates an amount of nostalgia within you.

And not just because I played UFO today.
>> No. 15194
[x] Go see the goddess. Maybe you’ll have her explain her intentions clearly. It’s a serious matter after all.
>> No. 15196
[x] Catch the green haired miko. She "stimulates" an "amount" of "nostalgia" within you.
>> No. 15197
>with a large pile of small cards (marked “p”) a few larger cards (also marked “P”), some spring petals and a number of strange star shaped cards you’ve never seen before stacked on her side of the square table.

Where are the point items?
>> No. 15234
[] Go see the goddess. Maybe you’ll have her explain her intentions clearly. It’s a serious matter after all.

Eh...
>> No. 15362
File 123686555830.jpg - (446.03KB , 1295x1275 , さよなら早苗.jpg ) [iqdb]
15362
[] Catch the green haired miko. She stimulates an amount of nostalgia within you.

There’s the Goddess, standing aloof, looking into the now twilight sky; there’s something you have to say, something to clarify, yet on the other hand, the miko moving steadily away, almost seeming to disappear into the crowds of people. It’s one or the other, apparently.

You wheel, turning to follow the green haired miko, a set of movements that somehow seem familiar. At the edge of your vision, you notice the Goddess rise into the air, and takes off in a flutter of white sleeves; but no matter, you’ve made your decision.

“Hey! Wait!” you call to her retreating back. “Wait up!”

You’ve done this before haven’t you?

The miko stops in response to your call, turning to face you fully.

“Yes? Can I help you?” she asks pleasantly, pushing a stray lock of hair over her shoulder. Taking a step closer, she studies you quickly. She’s changed a lot, and yet so much remains the same. She’s taller for one, her dark hair perhaps a little longer. She’s lost that nervous fidgety air about her; the wan looking girl who had been so isolated from most the world now stands before you, no longer as you remembered her. But her kindly demeanor does remain. Amidst the gossip and thoughtless words, her other classmates surrounded her with, perhaps that’s what you remember best; fighting down your emotions as you draw closer.
---------
“Oh there’s that Kochiya girl; she’s weird isn’t she?”

“She wears that hairclip and coil all the time! What’s with that?”

“I don’t know. The coil is pretty nice though…I think its silver!”

“I took a look at her hand-phone once; she only has three numbers on it! Can you believe it?”

“Ooh! Ooh! Whose?”

“Ah…Mari’s, Ren’s…some one else’s I don’t know, but it’s a guy’s name.”

“Think it’s her boyfriend?”

You had left the class at that point; you had better things to do than listen to mindless gossip.
-----------
“Oh are you an outsider?” she questions warmly as you approached, “I’m afraid you’ve got the wrong shrine maiden. Miss Hakurei is the person you’re looking for if you want to cross the border, I could point her out if you’d like.” She offers finally, looking worriedly on as she looks you up and down, before noticing you stare, blushing heartily and backing down. “Ah-h? Sorry! I was just checking for injuries that’s all!” she stammers slightly. “It’s good though, that you’ve got through this ordeal safely; some people are not as fortunate!”

“What are you talking about?” You sigh heavily. She’s babbling; something she does when under the slightest pressure; apparently that characteristic still hasn’t changed much, despite her seeming confidence. “What are you doing here Sanae?” you ask wearily. ”Why are you here?” You don’t have a real reason for it, but you suddenly do feel tired; like you haven’t slept in years. You’re not thinking straight…words don’t come as easily as they should; just like back then.

Nervousness gives way to suspicion. Her eyes narrow.

“Do I know you?” she asks a vague look of suspicion on her face. “Have we met before?” She leans in, drawing close, though still distant. “What do you mean?”

You can’t hold back anymore; raw emotions bubbling up from within; only by supreme self control do you restrain yourself from shouting overly loudly.

“Ren and Mari spent a week camping at your place, hoping for you to come back! Then the police said that someone saw some purple haired foreigner leading you off! We thought you had been abducted off to heaven knows where! Abducted! Why are you here, Sanae?!??!” You bellow, resisting the urge to seize her arm. “Why are you here!”

“How do you…?” Sanae splutters desperately, leaping backwards like a frightened cat. “Why do you?...” She never finishes that sentence; her eye’s widening, and mouth hanging open, suspicion finally turning to recognition.

“Why…why… are you here!” she whispers hoarsely.

“My, my; what’s going on here?” A hand come out of nowhere and pats you on the shoulder reassuringly. “Is anything wrong?” someone’s voice asks, audible enough from behind you,

“Yukari…” you mouth. Bad timing as usual.

[] Meet, Sanae, my…ex. Disappeared a week after I confessed.
[] Meet, Sanae, a friend. Disappeared during my high school years.
[] Let Sanae talk instead. You’ve made your point.

Feel free to write in sensibly.
-------------------------------

Pardon the blogging; Chalet = fun; except the part where people drink more than it's good from them. Thankfully, I was spared the indignity; someone had to get the other people to bed.

Also,this story has a lack of an discernible objective doesn't it? Ah well...room for improvement.
>> No. 15363
{X} Meet, Sanae, a friend. Disappeared during my high school years.
>> No. 15366
[X] This is...Sanae, my ex. The girl who disappeared a week after I confessed.
[X] Don't say that, though.
[X] Don't say that out loud.
[X] Say...say...I don't know. I have to go. I have to...have...
>> No. 15367
[x] Meet, Sanae, a friend. Disappeared during my high school years.
>> No. 15368
[X] Meet, Sanae, my…ex. Disappeared a week after I confessed.

DUN DUN DUN!
>> No. 15370
Man, Reimu is gonna HATE us. Hope we brought her a present.
>> No. 15371
>>15362
>It’s one or the other, apparently.
>At the edge of your vision, you notice the Goddess rise into the air, and takes off in a flutter of white sleeves; but no matter, you’ve made your decision.

Fuck you guys, just fuck you.
>> No. 15377
>>15371

Yeah, it sucks, but just make the best of it. We've just met Sanae, and if forces conspire - as they are wont to do - it will lead to speaking with Suwako eventually.
>> No. 15378
[X] Meet, Sanae, my…ex. Disappeared a week after I confessed.
>> No. 15379
[X] Meet, Sanae, my…ex. Disappeared a week after I confessed.
>> No. 15380
[X] Meet, Sanae, a friend. Disappeared during my high school years.

Cheesy soap opera option is not desirable.
>> No. 15383
[x] Meet, Sanae, my…ex. Disappeared a week after I confessed.

THE PLOT THICKENS
>> No. 15387
[x] Meet, Sanae, a friend. Disappeared during my high school years.

Pissing against the drama.

You faggots are planning on ruining one of the few stories on this site that I genuinely like, aren't you?
>> No. 15388
[X] Meet, Sanae, a friend. Disappeared during my high school years.

Our vaguely sociopathic, introverted, and calculating landlord was quite the ladie's man, eh?

Yeah no.
>> No. 15389
[x] Meet, Sanae, a friend. Disappeared during my high school years.
>> No. 15390
[x] Meet, Sanae, my…ex. Disappeared a week after I confessed.

Hilarious.
>> No. 15391
[x] Meet, Sanae, a friend. Disappeared during my high school years.

> Also,this story has a lack of an discernible objective doesn't it? Ah well...room for improvement.
I don't mind at all.
>> No. 15392
[x] Meet Sanae, a friend. Disappeared during my high school years.

Another time, another protagonist, maybe. Doesn't fit here.
>> No. 15393
[x] Meet, Sanae, my…ex. Disappeared a week after I confessed.
>> No. 15394
[x] Meet Sanae, a friend. Disappeared during my high school years.

>Also,this story has a lack of an discernible objective doesn't it? Ah well...room for improvement.

Slice of life is fine too.
>> No. 15395
[x] Meet, Sanae, a friend. Disappeared during my high school years.
>> No. 15397
[!/] Meet, Sanae, a friend. Disappeared during my high school years.

Need some EasyMod in here.
>> No. 15399
[x] Meet, Sanae, a friend. Disappeared during my high school years.
>> No. 15400
[x] Meet Sanae, a friend. Disappeared during my high school years.
>> No. 15402
[x] Meet, Sanae, my…"friend". Disappeared a week after I confessed.
>> No. 15414
[X] Meet Sanae, my… "friend". Disappeared a week after I confessed.

I like this. A good compromise.
>> No. 15415
How is it a compromise? It's basically the same as the "Meet, Sanae, my…ex. Disappeared a week after I confessed." option, just in a more roundabout way.
>> No. 15418
>>15415

Well in my pov, if you had said "ex" it mean that feelings were returned and Sanae had accepted the confession was in a relationship for about a week.

If in was terms of "friend"; its more ambiguous; the confession may not have been accepted at all- probably because Sanae was going to dissappear from the world a week later.
Her feelings on the matter would be more conflicted for one.
>> No. 15419
[X] Meet Sanae, my… "friend". Disappeared a week after I confessed.
>> No. 15421
Personally, I think it would be more amusing if they went on one - just one date but only because Maribel and Renko forced them into it. (Considering that Sanae probably planned for some time before to leave, Mari and Ren would've probably noticed her being off. Between our gloominess and the fact we're probably the only guy who would not be weirded out by her in the slightest, they probably thought they were being clever.)
>> No. 15431
>>15421

I like this idea!

[X] Meet Sanae, my friend. We went out on a date, but she disappeared the week afterward.
>> No. 15443
I'm disapointed with you Anonymous. You kept leaving Suwako for last, ditching her when you promised to give her an answer to her question. How are you going to fix that?

And you ????, should have put some kind of tip that it was the last chance for seeing Suwako. Saying it's "one or the other" on the update she leaves isn't nice.

Lastly, stop votespaming, faggots. It only makes things worse. I should have called for EZMod when I started suspecting of you even before the last update.
>> No. 15444
Mod has been called.
>> No. 15445
>>15443
>should have put some kind of tip

An oversight of mine; I meant to convey that something (an incident, though not entirely urgent) is going on (Tenko's disturbance), and that Iku and Aya , having done their share, are taking a rest from that and that Suwako, after receiving the news from them; resolved to head back to the mountain to help Kanako if necessary. The conversation between Suwako and Sanae was Suwako informing Sanae of the issue at hand at that she needn't worry.
Though, it seems I didn't do a good job of writing it out.

though, If I would say something; you do notice that you've been associating with the characters of the Youkai mountain more often than not?
Iku, Aya Suwako and Sanae; discounting Patchouli.

>>15418
this is a response of mine as well.
>> No. 15451
[x] Meet, Sanae, my…"friend". Disappeared a week after I confessed.

Sounds good.
>> No. 15456
>>15445

Please don't update yet, at least until this votespam thing is solved.
>> No. 15457
Doesn't look like there's votespam on my end. Nothing I can prove at least.
>> No. 15458
>>15457

Either the whole site is voting for LoM, or these are some awesome proxies.
>> No. 15471
Surely important decisions make more people vote.
>> No. 15486
>>15458

It would serve to mention that there seems to be a sectional division between boards when it comes to users sometimes, that certain people only visit certain sections. I don't really see some IPs on other sections, though I don't put an exhaustive effort into checking every IP in every post.

Maybe /others/ just has that big a userbase, or they are indeed very good proxies. I would have to admit that if I called it on nothing more than suspicion, I would have pointed out two posts made with suspicious IPs, one originating from a source with no network information, and another from 'trollnet.no', which is a foreign language site but appears to be gone. Granted, I can't prove either of these are proxies, they might be genuine. I've had issues with network info with real IPs before, so yeah.
>> No. 15487
>>15486

Thanks for going out of your way to do this.
>> No. 15488
well, looks like just a friend wins. Darn, cuz I was hoping for more awkward situations.
>> No. 15491
>>15488

Yeah. But maybe this way she will invite Landanon to visit her shrine? I doubt that would happen if she was his ex.
>> No. 15497
>>15491
I suppose that's so, but we'd likely visit anyway to speak with Suwako again seeing how much support she seems to have among us.