[Return]
Archived Thread

File 123165181871.jpg - (279.26KB , 1490x1200 , ikuikuiku.jpg ) [iqdb]
13353 No. 13353
[] Iku?

”Iku.” You acknowledge, noting her distinctive attire. “I didn’t expect to see you here.”

“You’ve made it safely,” she comments, nodding in reply. “I guess my obligation to the Lady Yakumo has been fulfilled then. And to you too.” Stopping, she stands a comfortable distance away from you, eyes gazing on the mirror sheen of the gap with great interest.

“Obligation?” you ask, somewhat curiously. “To see me safely out of Gensokyo is it?” you reason logically.

Iku nods,” Oh No No! Don’t take this the wrong way!” she says hurriedly, noticing the expression on your face. “Please don’t do that! We don’t consider you to be a liability at all! But circumstances dictate that it’s for the best if you were out of generally out of harms way.” She explains, eyes level with yours.

”You’ve more or less contradicted yourself…” you mutter, but Iku says it with such sincerity that you can’t really find fault with her. Though you’ve only interacted with Iku sparingly and probably don’t know her well as of yet, from your limited contact you actually find it hard to dislike the woman. Her very person seems to radiate “responsibility,” a charming trait you’ve found lacking in large majority of Gensokyo’s denizens. It also helps that she’s civil, even to you.

“It’s alright,” you assure her. “I wasn’t planning on staying long anyway. My original plan was to bring you two up to the shrine on the human side, show you through the gap and then be on my way back home. Speaking of which, why are you all the way out here anyway?”

“I had to make report to Lord Hinanawi, about the atrocious behavior of his daughter, so I had to leave the group. Lady Yakumo requested that I ensure your safe conduct from the realm before I return.” She explains in detail, though judging from her expression, Yukari’s request was less of a request and more of an order. “Though, now that I’ve seen to your safety, I’ll have to see to more pressing matters at the moment.” She states levelly.

“Now, please step through, I need to hurry to make my report, and I can’t go till you’re out of the realm.” She orders, politely.

“Alright,” you say, ceding to her request. “I’ll be leaving now then.” There’s a stab of disappointment. Despite your professions that you’ve chosen the human realm and that you were planning to leave anyway, you’ll miss this place when you’ve left, and you probably always will.

“Goodbye, Iku.”

She smiles and shakes her head. “Goodbye, for now at least.” She says, “I’ll be there at Lady Yakumo’s winter party so perhaps this won’t be our last meeting.”

You nod, but she continues before you can say anything. “One more thing, please call me “Miss Nagae for now, I don’t think we’ve known each other long enough to be on a first names basis and my superiors are very strict about this sort of thing.”

Now that was somewhat expected, but you agree to that as well. While Aya and the Yakumo family might be more comfortable with that sort of thing, some people evidently were not.

“Right…I’ll see you soon then, Miss Nagae,” you say, bidding your farewell, “I’ll be going on my way then,”

Iku bows slightly in reply, and you turn to face the gap once more. Grimacing, you step into the mirrored surface slowly, exhaling loudly as your stomach lurches from the brief transition through the space where dimensions meant nothing. And suddenly, you’re in the deserted courtyard of a shrine, with the surface of your gap to your rear. The evening sun illuminates the shrine, turning the snow an appetizing orange, and lighting up its features just enough for you to make out some detail.

The ancient name board reads, “Hakurei” in faded paint, older than you could care to guess. Seeing it, you breathe a sigh of relief. Gap travel is always unnerving, no matter how many times you’ve done it.

You’ve made the trip safely back to the human realm. Turning, you see to the gap. It just wouldn’t do to leave it in the open where just anyone could fall through it, unlike a certain someone.

Carefully, you grip the surfaces between your fingers and pull it downwards, fitting it nicely into the space between the shrine’s foundation blocks, with just enough hand room to spare, and it slides in nicely, with a sort of ominous finality.
Sighing, you turn, stepping out through the dilapidated shrine’s wrecked gates and into the rough path leading down back to the village and the train station. Snow crunching beneath your shoes an breath condensing in the cold air, you begin your trip back, alone.

You’ve seen Aya and Iku, and now, its time to see to yourself.

Its time to go home.
--

In the days before your next visit,
[] Study hard. You’re a university student, so act like one. It wouldn’t do to let your grades fall.
[] Hang out with Maribel and Renko more often. You shouldn’t neglect old classmates.
[] Develop an illness and lie about groaning.
[] It’s the holidays, have some fun, emo kid.
[] Part time job! Presents are expensive.

Please do feel free to write in sensibly.
--
The prologue ends, and you’re in one piece.

Good job, though Christmas is long over.
Just to clarify some things, Iku may not have been the only one who was following you, and may have seen your method of leaving Gensokyo.

----

>> No. 13354
[] Part time job! Presents are expensive.
>> No. 13355
[X] Study hard. You’re a university student, so act like one. It wouldn’t do to let your grades fall.
Learnan useless worldly knowledge gaems
>> No. 13358
[X] Part time job! Presents are expensive.
>> No. 13359
[X] Part time job! Presents are expensive.
>> No. 13362
[!/] Study hard. You’re a university student, so act like one. It wouldn’t do to let your grades fall.

Might as well.
>> No. 13368
[x] Jobs, studying, fun, sickness, all of it.
[x] Be the type of guy who has a sandwich in his mouth and reads his textbooks a few hundred feet in the air, all the while tightening bolts on an unfinished building and managing to have fun while doing so.
>> No. 13369
[X] Part time job! Presents are expensive.
>> No. 13371
[X] Study hard. You’re a university student, so act like one. It wouldn’t do to let your grades fall.
>> No. 13372
[X] Part time job! Presents are expensive.
[X] Hang out with Maribel and Renko more often. You shouldn’t neglect old classmates.
[X] Try to accomplish this by getting a job near their workplace.
>> No. 13375
This is the second most frustrating story on this board, you really didn't need to write this update, nothing happened in it.

I don't think I'll check again for sometime but I will make one more vote:

[X] When you go back to Gensokyo, fucking do something instead of just watch it all happen around you!
>> No. 13377
[x] Part time job! Presents are expensive.

>>13375

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
>> No. 13378
>>13377
I know this is just a prologue, but the way we just haven't gotten properly involved in anything since coming to Gensokyo is really annoying. I voted Iku last time because we hadn't had really any interaction with her, and now in the update that exact thing is used as reason for her to keep her distance and basically the update did nothing.
It is incredibly frustrating to read. Especially with the wait we've had for it.
>> No. 13381
>>13378
>>13375

Thanks for pointing that out.
I tried to emphasize that the protagonists is relatively insignificant in the whole of things, but re-reading again, I'll have to agree with you that the protagonist is really too passive about his situation.

Thanks.
>> No. 13386
What's wrong with that, though? To me, it seems to be a nice change of pace.
>> No. 13391
>>13386
This. A thousand times this.
This is the main reason I read this. The change of pace is really rather nice. You don't need excitement and drama at every turn, y'know?
>> No. 13395
>>13381
Ok, sorry about the tone of my first post, that wasn't really fair on you. I understand that the character is pretty impotent as far as Gensokyo affais go, but all that then leaves for us is interracting with the other characters and I don't really feel that we've done enough of that with any one person, possibly except Aya.

We were earlier cheated of seeing more of Iku (practically any at that point, and still is) but I didn't mind at the time because it was anon's ⑨-ness that did it. So I was looking forward to reading more about her.

But your update was more like "Lolno". She had some dialogue but in the end all she said was to run along.

tl;dr - we need to be around one person for more than 30 seconds.
>> No. 13411
[x] Part time job! Presents are expensive.

Whatever they say, I like this story. The relaxed pace is a draw.
>> No. 13412
[] Hang out with Maribel and Renko more often. You shouldn’t neglect old classmates.
[] It’s the holidays, have some fun, emo kid.
[] Part time job! Presents are expensive.

I can't choose! Can't we have some fun with Maribel and Renko, after work? Or during weekends?
>> No. 13414
[x] Study hard. You’re a university student, so act like one. It wouldn’t do to let your grades fall.
[x] Develop an illness and lie about groaning.
>> No. 13416
I already miss Aya.

[x] Study hard. You’re a university student, so act like one. It wouldn’t do to let your grades fall.
[x] Hang out with Maribel and Renko more often. You shouldn’t neglect old classmates.
[x] It’s the holidays, have some fun, emo kid.
>> No. 13421
[X] Hang out with Maribel and Renko more often. You shouldn’t neglect old classmates.
[X] It’s the holidays, have some fun, emo kid.
[X] Part time job! Presents are expensive.

And dear author, on the topic of this story's pace and level of action, i can hardly disagree with it (though i would have liked it if we could have basically done everything when in the Human Village, a request on that level is likely pretty much impossible, in actuality). In short, don't lose sight of the pace and nice atmosphere already present(slice-of-life?), but it would be nice to have some greater level of interaction, and possibly longer conversations. (I suppose that wasn't quite short(er)... oh well.)
P.S: Your writing style is very enjoyable and easy to read, keep it up!
>> No. 13441
[X] Hang out with Maribel and Renko more often. You shouldn’t neglect old classmates.
[X] It’s the holidays, have some fun, emo kid.
[X] Part time job! Presents are expensive.
Ah, so it wasn't just me that likes the laid back little-to-no-drama-bullshit attitude of this story?
>> No. 13470
[] Hang out with Maribel and Renko more often. You shouldn’t neglect old classmates.
[] It’s the holidays, have some fun, emo kid.
[] Part time job! Presents are expensive.
>> No. 13478
Update?
>> No. 13480
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5594926

Iku-goodness.
>> No. 13485
File 123190280533.jpg - (91.23KB , 500x333 , JR w 485.jpg ) [iqdb]
13485
Well, the effect of some of your choices won't be felt till later. But, studying should come in useful later. Human Knowledge is more useful than you would think.

-------------------
[] Study hard. You’re a university student, so act like one. It wouldn’t do to let your grades fall.
[] Hang out with Maribel and Renko more often. You shouldn’t neglect old classmates.
[] Part time job! Presents are expensive.


The two weeks after your departure pass swiftly, a brief time where you immerse yourself back into your mundane life of textbooks and part time jobs. Though, this time you do take some time off for your friends, rather than neglecting them in your hectic schedule. Maribrel and Renko, despite having schedules just as bad, do not object to your more frequent appearances, and you suppose that the three of you poking about the shopping district has become part of your normal routine.

A fact highlighted when the waitress of the family restaurant you frequented had quizzically asked you one day, “Mari and Ren not with you today?”

As for your eccentric older “sister,” you never did see her over the course of the fortnight, though a letter had been deposited in your mail, written in her distinctive hasty scrawl, explaining the circumstances of the delay of the party.

According to Yukari, the Christmas party would be postponed, to the date of Gensokyo’s early spring festival. Also from her description, you concluded that this would be some kind of belated Christmas party in conjunction with the spring festival and a bit of a New Year’s party thrown in for good measure. Typically Yukari, the note had ended with a “presents expected,” giving it a somewhat childish feel to the whole thing.

In addition to your studies, you had taken a holiday job at the same department store where Maribel and Renko worked, and as it turned out you had filled Aya’s recently vacated position; right at the bottom of the chain of command. It was to some displeasure that you discovered that someone put Maribel in charge of the section, and so the responsibility of curbing some of the girl’s wild schemes fell to you.

It was not the easiest of jobs, especially when the customers begin to chat about the local superstition and folklore. Despite the formidable difficulties, at the end of two weeks, you found yourself with a reasonable paycheck and a handful of the department store’s discount vouchers, which allowed you to get something nice for each of your extended family.

The day finally arrives, and you board a train once more, laden with gifts, only to find two farmilliar and unexpected people on board with you.

“You’re got that huh?” Maribel chirps, just over your shoulder. “It’s nice, but you’re wrapping it all wrongly. Here, let me help!” she offers. Not waiting for you to actually answer, she just leans over and grabs the item from the table, and pulls out a length of wrapping paper.

“It’s kind of cutesy for a seventeen year old girl isn’t it?” another voice, this one belonging to Renko comes from your other shoulder. “I would have thought your sister would have outgrown these sorts of things by now. But I thought you weren’t on very good terms with your adopted family?” She asks, her voice laced with concern. “It’s good that you want to patch things up, but…”

“Renko~!” Maribel shushes, dropping the badly wrapped package. “It’s a sensitive issue…see he’s scowling already!”

“It’s not for my adopted family.” You say levelly, not allowing any emotion into your voice. “These gifts are for…someone else.”

“Ohhh…” Maribel trails off, seizing the next item and wrapping it into something unrecognizable.

“You’ll be gone for a while then?” Renko asks, carefully sweeping the wrapping paper shreds off her seat. “You’ve never really gotten along with your adopted parents, and that sister of yours. I’m surprised you’re going to visit them actually...which brings us back to the question, why are you following us this time anyway? We’re heading right to the end of the line and your parents live in Osaka City.”

“We’re on an investigation!” Maribel exclaims happily, fingers drumming a steady rhythm on the train compartment’s door. “Did you know? Someone saw a person climb out of thin air. Now this is something worth investigating!” she says, eyes practically sparkling. You rapidly ascend into a state of alertness.

“…out of thin air?” You repeat cautiously. “Did they have any detail?” you ask, expecting the worst. Yukari isn’t going to be happy about this.

“So!” Maribel exclaims in a fit of faux rage, “You’re really interested in this sort of thing after all. With the way you act…honestly an interest in the supernatural isn’t something to be ashamed of you know!”

“Back to the point Mari!” you say firmly.”Did anyone see any details?”

Maribel raises a finger to her lips and beckons the two of you and Renko closer and whispers in a secretive tone, which was in your opinion, unneeded, considering that the three of you were jammed in a small compartment.

“They say it happened about two weeks back,” Maribel begin, voice slow and mysterious. “The old caretaker at the shrine up in the mountains was going about his rounds as usual, when he heard someone chanting the Prajnaparamita sutra at sundown.”

“…” You merely glance at Renko, who shrugs. Get your facts right, dear Maribel. Why would someone be chanting Buddhist sutra in a Shinto shrine? You wonder, as the scatterbrained girl continues her farfetched story.

“And then, a mirror appeared right in the courtyard and-WOOSH!” Maribel yells, springing up suddenly and waving her arms about; knocking Renko’s hat off in the process. “Then someone stepped right out of it! A girl with long silver hair!”

“Watch the hat!” Renko protests vehemently, fending off her friend. “And didn’t you say that it was a girl with a red wing out of her head the last time?” she asks, giving her friend a dubious look.

“Well…the sources I got off the internet differed, but the window part and the location part is consistent isn’t it! And those are the important parts” Maribel defends somewhat sheepishly. “It’s still worth checking out, isn’t it? “

“Well…I heard the mountains are nice at this time of year…” Renko replies, with a great act of reluctance. “Either way, we’re already on the train. It’s a bit late to turn back now.” She turns back to you, demanding an explanation. “Well, that’s our story,” she says dryly. “What’s yours?”

“Visiting…some friends.” You mutter, trying not to show your relief outwardly. Your two friends are polite (or disinterested) enough to leave it at that, pressing you no furthur. But the details Maribel had provided were chillingly accurate up to the point about the sutra and the figure emerging from the gateway, and you wonder if someone had seen you leave the place two weeks prior, and how in the world they could have mistaken you for a woman. At the very least no one would connect you to any of these events. A girl with long silver hair indeed. You stifle a snort of incredibility.
>> No. 13486
The rest of the journey passes in a haze of dull silence, and even Maribel eventually runs out of subjects to chatter on about. When the announcement that the train is nearing its final stop finally sounds over the intercom, your eyelids are already feeling dangerously heavy, and sleep threatens to overcome you. Maribel seated opposite you, had succumbed a while before, and is snoring away softly, wrapped up snugly in her own jacket and showed no indication that she has heard the message, while Renko merely looks up from her PSP and mutters an audible, “finally.”

“Well, go wake Mari up,” Renko orders, stowing away her device into the recesses of her own coat. You comply and several minutes later, you stumble out of the heated comfort of the station and into the chill air of the station plaza, Maribel and Renko flanking you on both sides.

“Well?” Renko says, “Are you going to leave first or stay with us for a bit? We’re going for some coffee. She points to a small café just across the plaza. The place appears packed, even for the hour.

“Mmmm? You’re not staying?” Maribel mumbles sleepily, wits not fully awakened as of yet. “If you’re running late-don’t make your hosts wait!” She giggles. “Renko~! I made a rhyme..hee hee.”

“So? Are you following us?” Renko repeats, hefting her bags to her shoulders and shaking Maribel into a more alert state.

[] You can spare some time. Go for coffee. But it would be harder to shake Maribel and Renko off your trail later.

[] Leave and head to the old shrine. It’s time to enter Gensokyo.

[] Leave. Wander about for a bit.
----------

Once more, feel free to write in sensibly.
>> No. 13487
[] Leave and head to the old shrine. It’s time to enter Gensokyo.
>> No. 13488
[X] Leave and head to the old shrine. It’s time to enter Gensokyo.
>> No. 13489
[x] You can spare some time. Go for coffee. But it would be harder to shake Maribel and Renko off your trail later.
>> No. 13491
File 123191026949.jpg - (209.25KB , 600x800 , 0692ed4c5ccfa89cfda693225c642795.jpg ) [iqdb]
13491
[!/] Leave and head to the old shrine. It’s time to enter Gensokyo.

With Mary in a coffee crazed state, it would indeed be harder to leave. As one would think after 2 possible hints of Mary's lack of current alertness.

>silver hair
Mokou, Eirin, or Sakuya? Koakuma really does seem out there espite being mentioned.
>> No. 13492
>>13491

I can only think of it being either Mokou or Eirin. Sakuya's disqualified on account of the hair being long.
>> No. 13493
File 123191132865.jpg - (121.33KB , 396x576 , 315997.jpg ) [iqdb]
13493
>>13492
Embrace the PC-98 games.
>> No. 13495
File 123191189335.jpg - (154.23KB , 768x1024 , 873a4e10836796b8636cb6f259b99da5.jpg ) [iqdb]
13495
>>13493

Very light blu-ish silvery hair. And going by that logic, could be Keine-Sensei as well.

As much as we could hope for Shinki~sama, she is a GOD after all and ZUN said.
>> No. 13496
>>13493

Oh right.

Could be trying to reopen her travel agency again.
>> No. 13499
[x] Leave. Wander about for a bit.
[x] After you make sure that no one is following you or watching you, go straight to the shrine.

Mari and Ren aren't going to fool me that easily~
>> No. 13500
[P] You can spare some time. Go for coffee. But it would be harder to shake Maribel and Renko off your trail later.

Chance for real character interaction. Plus, I like them.

Plus, I'm sure they have some part to play in helping to solve all the issues in Gensokyo.
>> No. 13501
[x] Leave and head to the old shrine. It’s time to enter Gensokyo.
>> No. 13505
{X} Leave and head to the old shrine. It’s time to enter Gensokyo.
>> No. 13506
[x] Leave. Wander about for a bit.
[x] After you make sure that no one is following you or watching you, go straight to the shrine.

Yeah, you KNOW they're going to try something.
>> No. 13508
[X] You can spare some time. Go for coffee. But it would be harder to shake Maribel and Renko off your trail later.
>> No. 13511
>Despite the formidable difficulties, at the end of two weeks, you found yourself with a reasonable paycheck and a handful of the department store’s discount vouchers, which allowed you to get something nice for each of your extended family
>you board a train once more, laden with gifts

There better be (at least) one set of lingerie for Yukari, else I'm gonna get mad.
>> No. 13512
>There better be (at least) one set of lingerie for Yukari, else I'm gonna get mad.
Get mad? And do what, write an angry letter?

That aside, am hoping that Ran gets a nice little maid outfit. French, preferably; with a horsewhip hiding in the garter.
>> No. 13514
>>13512
>Get mad? And do what, write an angry letter?

Yeah, that and sage. Now fuck off.
>> No. 13536
[] You can spare some time. Go for coffee. But it would be harder to shake Maribel and Renko off your trail later.
>> No. 13549
File 123212113146.jpg - (346.04KB , 400x602 , 石灯篭.jpg ) [iqdb]
13549
Site is back up.
-----------------
[] Leave. Wander about for a bit.
[] After you make sure that no one is following you or watching you, go straight to the shrine.

--------
“No thanks, I’ll pass. “You answer, turning your gaze over to the shop houses “I think I’ll just wander a bit before I go see to my visit”.

“Really?” Renko replies, shaking her head. “Suit yourself then.”

You nod, “See you, Renko.” You say, bidding your farewells.

Yeah…you too.” Renko answers brusquely. She turns, but halts herself abruptly, and almost reluctantly, she faces you once more. “Take care!” she exclaims hurriedly, much to your surprise. But before you can reply, Renko is gone, making her way swiftly towards the café, a mellow looking Maribel in tow.

Shrugging, you go your own way, a winding path through the mass of stores and residences, taking furtive glances over your shoulders every now and then to ensure that your two overly inquisitive friends are not in fact following your every move. Eventually, you settle by a small convenience store, to observe your surroundings-and for lunch on the go.

The place is one of those open air establishments, covered only by the wooden balcony of the owner’s residence, but nonetheless it’s well stocked and equipped and offers you a chance to rest up. Quickly, you purchase your packaged food, and pour in the hot water provided, and stand and wait. It’s interesting, how much of the small details you can notice during the exceedingly long three minutes it takes instant ramen to cook.

A face you recognize here, that old pagoda the townspeople haven’t gotten about to demolishing yet. It wouldn’t be far off to say that you have nearly as many memories of this place as Gensokyo. Even that old bookshop just across the road is still there, the paint peeling and the antique signboard still in place, just as it was six years ago.

The last time you were here, you had been preoccupied with your two needy charges, but now…

“Thank you very much, Ojii-san!” a voice calls out suddenly, and the door of the bookstore bursts open, a young girl running out, clad in parka and wooly hat, clutching a package to her chest. Without stopping, she runs past you and down the street to the older part of town, interrupting your reverie.

Ah yes…your ramen, the horrid starchy mass that it has degenerated into.

Chewing the unchewable, you retrace your steps, just for one final confirmation check, and to your surprise, both Maribel and Renko are still there, seated at the café. They must be really taking their time. Maribel, you notice, is on her second cup and Renko is looking distinctively grouchy. Aggressively, Renko waves a waitress over, a girl with striking silver hair coiled into elaborate buns who looks decidedly less than happy.

Must be the uniform, you deduce. That frilly affair, while no doubt doing an excellent job of drawing attention to her stockinged legs, is not something particularly suitable for an early spring day.

Confident that both Maribel and Reno are suitably preoccupied and more than a little irritated that your diversion was little more than a waste of time, you turn to leave, and make your way to the old residences, where the path to the mountain begins.

Quite a time later, you step over the threshold, into the sacred ground of the shrine. It’s already late afternoon, nearing evening, and you’ve made less time than you’ve expected, though you are still ahead of schedule. Trekking to the old Hakurei shrine had been hot work, despite the presence of some clouds in the sky, but you’re ready to cross into Gensokyo.

Cautiously, you look around, for signs of intrusion, probably a needless gesture, since few people, even the caretaker of the shrine ever entered anyway. As a result the Hakurei shrine lay in ruins, a mere shadow of its former importance (for the human realm at least.) But then again, it wouldn’t do to have someone see you by accident, no matter how remote the possibility.

A cursory search yields nothing and you step into the shrine courtyard confidently and halt. Swiftly you note that there something wrong.

Your gateway lies open, its shimmering mirrored surface reflecting the sunlight straight into your face.

You remember closing it two weeks ago…

Almost on cue, Maribel’s words earlier on the train surface in your mind. You had dismissed it as one of Maribel’s wild goose chases, but this is different. Someone has been using your gateway to get to and from Gensokyo.

You move in for a closer look, but nothing seems out of place except for the fact that the gateway should have been hidden in the crack of the foundation blocks of the shrine and not exposed for all to see. But it seems that no one else has seen your gateway yet or that would have been more of an uproar than an anonymous tip over the internet.

Taking one last look about and ensuing your privacy, you step into the mirrored surface, your stomach lurches and there’s a sharp spike of nausea which rapidly subsides, and suddenly, you’re facing blue skies and green trees, an entire countryside fills your vision, unspoiled and unsullied, the drab ruins of the old Hakurei a world away.

The foot of the hill where the Hakurei maiden resides is as it was when you left it previously, except for the festive lanterns thronged through the bare tree branches. It seems that even the miko has been busy for the Spring Festival.

The road itself, however is largely deserted, with no one in sight except a few devotes walking back to the village, which isn’t a very good indicator of possible culprits, as most of the denizens of Gensokyo are capable of flight within their sealed world.

Deciding that there’s no point in looking for a culprit, you’ll just have to discuss the issue of additional security measures with Yukari at a later time. Sighing, you turn to your gateway, and gripping the edges firmly, you slide the shimmering anomaly back into the crack in the bedrock, hidden away safely from even the most inquisitive of mikos. One would have to know its exact location to find it, though the protection of its secrecy has been compromised.

Deciding that there’s nothing else you can do for now, you pause to consider where to go, but something else catches your eye.

A dark blue dress with white sleeves, discreetly strung on a low hanging branch, so well placed that a casual passer-by wouldn’t notice it at all. A slight rustling accompanies this odd sight.

Deciding to give whatever it was a wide berth, you consider you options. This close to the Hakurei Shrine, youkai attacks were rare, but still, diving headlong into probable danger would be tempting fate. You consider your options. According to the letter Yukari sent you, you still have some time till the party.

[] Straight to Mayohiga.
[] Up to the Shrine. Pay an old friend a visit.
[] The village. It’s probably bustling about now.
[] Against your better judgment, you just have to know. Investigate the noise in the bushes.
----------

Once again, feel free to write in sensibly.

On a side note, is there any other way to communicate besides IRC?
>> No. 13552
File 123212291477.jpg - (734.14KB , 700x1136 , 8df01d91395f93105a5708afb29e20be.jpg ) [iqdb]
13552
>...a girl with striking silver hair coiled into elaborate buns who looks decidedly less than happy...
>A dark blue dress with white sleeves, discreetly strung on a low hanging branch

[x] Wait... blue dress?
[x] Put two and two together.
[x] Oh hell.
[x] Go back for Keine.
>> No. 13553
>A face you recognize here, that old pagoda the townspeople haven’t gotten about to demolishing yet. It wouldn’t be far off to say that you have nearly as many memories of this place as Gensokyo. Even that old bookshop just across the road is still there, the paint peeling and the antique signboard still in place, just as it was six years ago.

It's that nostalgic feel that really draws me to this story.

[X] Up to the Shrine. Pay an old friend a visit.
>> No. 13554
[X] Against your better judgment, you just have to know. Investigate the noise in the bushes.

Go. Already we lost the chance to catch the waitress who was obviously the perpetrator of our little security problem, not to mention we managed to irritate Renko.

Renko~.

That aside, it astounds me that you lot passed up additional character interaction when you've been begging for it. Not to mention that it seems to be encouraged in this story. You're all being too cautious.
>> No. 13557
[] Straight to Mayohiga.

Must give our affirmative answer to Suwako.
>> No. 13563
File 12321333665.jpg - (110.51KB , 396x396 , 120742021023.jpg ) [iqdb]
13563
>>13552
I'm just saying ...
>> No. 13564
[X] Against your better judgment, you just have to know. Investigate the noise in the bushes.

While Keine's presence intrigues me, it wouldn't do for her to recognize us in front of Maribel and Renko. Let's take a quick look here instead of going back.
>> No. 13565
[x] Up to the Shrine. Pay an old friend a visit.

I'd like to see this particular Reimu.
>> No. 13566
[X] Against your better judgment, you just have to know. Investigate the noise in the bushes.
>> No. 13569
[X] Against your better judgment, you just have to know. Investigate the noise in the bushes.
>> No. 13575
File 12321529505.jpg - (231.29KB , 459x743 , a13ebbfdf89b1da1eae20f1f43e021dd.jpg ) [iqdb]
13575
[!/] Against your better judgment, you just have to know. Investigate the noise in the bushes.
>> No. 13582
[X] Against your better judgment, you just have to know. Investigate the noise in the bushes.

Keine? Letty? Sakuya? Tokiko?

Could be Cirno for all you know. Or a cosplaying Moukou.
>> No. 13611
Update!
>> No. 13612
File 123222033828.jpg - (60.02KB , 500x450 , 9e83067052d981711d3c2d7269f9400a.jpg ) [iqdb]
13612
>A dark blue dress with white sleeves
>> No. 13618
>>13612

Hmm...is tehre something you want to say? I'm afraid I'm not following you here.
>> No. 13643
>>13618

I think he's trying to say 'you may be about to walk in on a naked Cirno or Letty'
>> No. 13646
>I think he's trying to say 'you may be about to walk in on a naked Cirno and Letty in a cold embrace'
Fixed for frosty frogs.
>> No. 13702
[x] Straight to Mayohiga.

Quit being so gay, niggas
>> No. 13704
>>13702
You know, I was always under the impression one does not simply walk into Mayohiga.
>> No. 13705
>>13704
I shall leave true answering of this to one better equipped than I.

[X] Against your better judgment, you just have to know. Investigate the noise in the bushes.
>> No. 13737
updates?
>> No. 13745
[X] Against your better judgment, you just have to know. Investigate the noise in the bushes.

As You aproach the dense brush cautiously,the shaking intensifys, getting to the point that you are having second thoughts about investigating the matter.

Two plausible scenarios come to mind.

One, a feral youkai might be lying in wait, biding its tme till you drew near enough to pounce. A chilling scenario no doubt, but why would a predator give its position away by rustling the very shrubbery it hid in?

On the other hand, it was very plausible that the rustling was due to the actions of a perhaps overenthusiastic couple caught up in their throes of passion.

Or perhaps it ws just the wind in the bushes.

At the last minute, your courage breaks, and you turn away. No matter how your curiosity burns, you wouldn't want to walk into a hunting youkai or the alternative.

"Wait!" a voice calls out, just as you turn.
"Don't go!"

You pause and turn once more. That voice was a human's.

Slowly, you approach the foliage, the dress hangs there, unmoving. It loks vaugly farmilliar, something Keine sensei would wear, only that this one hasn't had a good wash for months. There's no one in sight. You observe your sroundings puzzledly.

"Down here!" the voice calls again.

You peer over the leafy shrubs, and come aross a small clearing of dry earth. There lies someone, clad in another of one of those blue dresses; and that person seems to be bound up in ropes, to the point of immobilty. Despite the restrains, the person manages to turn to face you, wriggling on the ground to aright.

It's a man. The dress buldges in places that shouldn't be buldging at all. And come to think of it, this man looks farmiliar. A mop of sliver hair reaches down to his neck, as his golden eyes fix you in their gaze.

A pair of glasses, ies strewn in the dirt.

"Ah! I didn't expect you!" he exclaims, relief flooding his fetures. "You're Yukari's boy arn't you? I havn't seen you for six years, could barely recognize you!"

You nod dumbly, senses numbing up.

"I was experimenting, but it seems I got a litte over enthusiastic-wait! Wait! WHere are you going!!"

In a daze, you shuffle your way slowly back to the road...Gensokyo is a place where funny thing hapen, but this is overdoing it...After this, you need a rest...yes, time to go home and take a nap...

You exit the silver surface of the gap once more, and pull it shut, the echos of the man's voice railing through the hole in reality.

"....wait....aren't you staying for the party?????"

-and fades to nothingness as the gap slides shut, leaving you in the midst of the Old Hakurei shrine, alone at last.

[] Go home to sleep. End the farce.
>> No. 13746
File 123250581022.jpg - (443.27KB , 1758x1593 , tokiko~.jpg ) [iqdb]
13746
Real update.

I just had to do that.
-------
[] Against your better judgment, you just have to know. Investigate the noise in the bushes.
----
You have to investigate; your curiosity just won’t let you walk away from this. Besides, your proximity to the sacred land of the Hakurei Shrine would offer you a degree of protection, or at least make whatever is it in the foliage give a pause about irritating the shrine maiden before attacking you.

Cautiously, you step off the flagstones of the paved road and onto the winter grass. Splotches of snow still dot the landscape and the air is still chill, and our breath crystallizes in the cold air. Spring is coming, but it seems that winter is defiantly not going down without a fight. Grass crunches beneath your feet as you approach the dense patch of greenery, much too loud for your liking, but despite the noise, nothing comes bursting out of the bushes to maul you.

Taking a closer look, you note that it is indeed a dress, with two lines of lighter blue all the way down to the hem, edged not with the elaborate frills poplar with Gensokyo’s denizens, but with a more modest light lace of a blue hue. It’s slung haphazardly on a winter shrub, more or less out of sight from the road. You briefly consider the possibility that someone was attacked here, but the dress is in pristine condition, save a few patches here and there and a small tear at its hem. A feral youkai would not have asked someone to undress before attacking anyway.

With a start, you realize that its warm here, much warmer than where you were standing a few meters back, looking about you see the reason why. You notice a small number of iridescent pink petals of some unidentifiable flower, lying serenely in mid air, bathing the small patch of bushes with a warm light. Some of the essence of spring; if you had remembered correctly. Yukari always carried a small bottle about her person during the winter, to help keep her warm with.

For some reason, spring has collected here, but it’s really nothing to be worried about. You’ve seen stranger things in Gensokyo.

Then, as if to disrupt the serenity, a cry of triumph breaks the peaceful atmosphere. A petite figure (or at least, her upper portions) bursts from the bushes, brandishing a thick pair of pants and tossing them aside onto the grass.

“Stupid human zippers…get caught in everything…” she mumbles, examining a small tear in her thin undershirt. Obliviously, she steps out of the leafy foliage, giving you a full frontal view of her.

She’s a youkai; that much is evident, from the pair of feathered wings on her back. She’s wearing a wooly hat that seems out of shape somehow, and her blue tinted hair extends down to her neck level. Clad in only a thin camisole and undergarments, you come to a reasonable theory on why you’re being treated to this sight.
It’s comfortably warm here, due to the saturation o spring in this particular place, and is probably much more comfortable for someone wanting a change of attire.

The girl is in the process of pulling the hat off her head when she finally notices you.

Her eyes widen and the freezes up, and just for a split second, she’s perfectly still. Then everything springs into motion.

The girl gives a low cry; a mixture of shock, alarm and embarrassment and whips her hat off her head as she jumps back into a battle ready stance. The effect of which is somewhat spoilt as she yelps in pain as the wooly fabric snags on something, forcing her to release the misshapen headgear, and leaving it to dangle limply on a previously hidden crest of stiff red feathers atop her head.

“Who are you?” she cries, baring her teeth fiercely. Her eyes flicker to your face, she studies it guardedly.

Her eyes widen as realization dawns.

“You!” she exclaims, shrinking back from your position in a sudden change of demeanor; shoulders tensing up as she clutches a threadbare parka to her chest. She steps back as you approach, with a great show of nervousness and embarrassment, a far cry from the confident challenge she issued just a few moments prior.

“Why are you here?” she asks, voice taking a desperate lilt.

[] It’s no time for pleasantries. Question her about the gap security breach.
[] A familiar greeting would be appropriate. It’s been a while since the subway incident, but not that long.
[] A familiar greeting would be appropriate. But Question her about the gap security breach.
[] A familiar greeting would be appropriate. Ignore the gap issue for now, ask instead, if she’s going to the party.
[] A familiar greeting would be appropriate. Ask about both issues.

Feel free to write in, or post more plausible options.
>> No. 13747
[x] A familiar greeting would be appropriate. It’s been a while since the subway incident, but not that long.

Tokiko~
>> No. 13750
[!/] A familiar greeting would be appropriate. It’s been a while since the subway incident, but not that long.
>> No. 13752
[x] A familiar greeting would be appropriate. It’s been a while since the subway incident, but not that long.
[x] "By the way, a young lady should not be undressing herself in public" shake a finger at her.
>> No. 13754
>>13746
[x] A familiar greeting would be appropriate. It’s been a while since the subway incident, but not that long.
>> No. 13755
File 123251363835.jpg - (45.75KB , 450x450 , 2d1d5c40eb6a9801bed91544fb452bbd.jpg ) [iqdb]
13755
[x] A familiar greeting would be appropriate. It’s been a while since the subway incident, but not that long.
>> No. 13758
File 123251405922.jpg - (194.53KB , 800x600 , e4bd617f99d88b118be1314b706d6e59.jpg ) [iqdb]
13758
YEAH BROTHER IKUMANIA RUNNIN' WILD ON YOU
>> No. 13787
[X] A familiar greeting would be appropriate. It’s been a while since the subway incident, but not that long.
[X] Also apologize for catching her (somewhat) undressed, offer to turn your back (or leave temporarily, etc.), so that she may get dressed.
[X] Ask about both issues, if you can, and only as an afterthought; they shouldn't dominate the conversation (wholly, anyway).

Sorry if i am a greedy voter, but this is my vote; it shall take or it shall not.
>> No. 13812
I'll be on hold for a while.
Lunar New Year is here, and we're busy.
>> No. 13844
[] A familiar greeting would be appropriate. It’s been a while since the subway incident, but not that long.
>> No. 13899
File 123296466035.jpg - (238.44KB , 1024x768 , toki.jpg ) [iqdb]
13899
Happy Lunar New Year.
Wishing you guys good health and good fortune this year of the ox.

I lost my flow!!!
------------------------------
[X] A familiar greeting would be appropriate. It’s been a while since the subway incident, but not that long.
[X] Also apologize for catching her (somewhat) undressed, offer to turn your back (or leave temporarily, etc.), so that she may get dressed.
[X] Ask about both issues, if you can, and only as an afterthought; they shouldn't dominate the conversation (wholly, anyway).

“Ah, Tokiko, good to see you too.” You say casually, raising a hand in greeting; utterly straining yourself to maintain a façade of nonchalance. Not that your valiant efforts help anyway, seeing that the poor girl’s face is going as reddish as the feathered crest that surmounts her hair. Perhaps out of reflex, she raises her own hand unsteadily and attempts a half hearted wave in response, but she catches herself.

”Tu-turn around!” she cries, a hint of desperation in her tone of voice. “Don’t look!”

“…Please!”

In your position, you really can’t refuse her request, though it would be easy to impose your will on the matter; as youkai go, Tokiko is self admittedly one of the least dangerous youkai around, with barely enough strength of magical ability to fend for herself, let alone actively hunt humans or other prey. If not for her wings and crest, she would be undetectable in crowd of children.

Seating yourself upon a small stump, with a veritable wall of foliage between you and Tokiko, you relax, letting the warm light of spring wash over you, giving you a measure of comfort, though (in your humble opinion) no substitute for an electrical heater. You pull your scarf higher up to your face, trying not to be particularly attentive to the interesting noises coming from behind you.

Perhaps it’s just to your particular tastes, but who would have guessed that the rustling of soft fabric on smooth skin could be something sensual. It’s clearly audible despite the best efforts of the light breeze. Though, a pang of guilt does mains; it does feel like you’re listening in onto something private, though in retrospect, you’ve seen her in her state of partial undress already. Twice in fact, and the first time, nearly a year and a half prior, hadn’t gone any more smoothly either.

“Are you still there?” Tokiko’s voice calls out from the foliage, somewhat unsurely, intruding upon your recollection. Perhaps she feels that her outburst earlier had caused you to leave in a huff?

“Yeah, I’m still here.” You answer, and receive silence as a reply. She doesn’t answer at first.

“Did you want me to leave or something?” you follow up finally, having enough of this.

“AH! Ah! No! It’s not like that!” She answers hurriedly, voice ringing shrilly over from behind the wall of leaves separating you two. “It’s just that…that..I didn’t expect to see you here of all places, and appearing out of nowhere like that, you gave me a scare!” she explains.

“You didn’t expect to see me in Gensokyo? I brought you back here that other time.” You say, somewhat skeptical. “More importantly, how did you find the gap, Tokiko?” you ask sternly. “I recall blindfolding you before we crossed into Gensokyo, and left you in the forest before I left.”

“Wha-what gap? That mirror at the base of the shrine? Even if it is a gap, I have nothing to do with it!” She answers shakily, upper body bursting from the bushes as she emerged; slovenly looking from the haste she used to put on her usual garb. Green parka and hat clutched tightly in her arms as she steps out to face you. She still doesn’t lie very well, but her face is one of determination, it seems that she won’t tell you her reasons so easily.

“Fine,” you mutter. “If you say so.” You don’t have any proof for now anyway nor much of a reason to press the issue. The notion of Tokiko wrestling with Yukari for control of a gap is a laughable one. Naked, in oil.

“You didn’t go around telling the whole world that you fell into the human realm and got rescued did you?” you ask sharply. Such tales could inspire the more adventurous or the stupidly curious to try breaching the border; not a good thing for both sides of the border, as inevitably, despite Yukari and Hakurei’s best efforts, a few would succeed in crossing over without going through the proper channels, giving Yukari more work and by extension, giving you a bigger headache.

Tokiko’s face pales, blood draining away. “J-just one!” she admits.

“Who?”

“Morichika-san!” she gasps. “But I told him I didn’t know where the gap was.”

“I see. I guess it’s alright then.” You assure her, watching her visibly relax. As far as you knew, Rinnosuke did have an understanding with Yukari in this matter. “Don’t worry about it.”

Tokiko smiles and follows you as you turn and walk back to the road. With each step the air grows colder, as you make some distance from the warm luminescence of the spring petals. “So, who did you save this time?” she asks curiously, falling into step right beside you. “You don’t cross over into Gensokyo often do you? The last time you visited was when you brought me back here,” she states, voice in a complementary tone.

“Not exactly…” you mutter, recalling the last fortnight’s events.

“So, what are you here for?” she asks sincerely.

“The festival.” You answer bluntly.

Tokiko gives you a blank stare. “Wasn’t that yesterday?” she asks. “The shrine was packed, I couldn’t even get in at all.”

“Huh? I’ve got an invitation,” you say, quite puzzled.

Tokiko shrugs. “An invitation? I don’t know anything about that, but the festival was yesterday. Its more or less open to the public.” Then she snaps her fingers. “Well, I think that that miko is holding some sort of party today or something- for close friends or something.” She recalls.

“I see. That would be it. It’s hard for other people to get to Mayohiga anyway.” You were hoping for nice, peaceful family gathering but it seems that Yukari is in the mood for company. “I guess I’ll take a look at the shrine then, it’s not too far off.” You say, aligning your direction to the stairs.

The ancient stone blocks leading up to the shrine above are smoothed, despite having originally been cut roughly from the bedrock of the hill. Over the long years, the countless feet that have trodden upon the weathered rock have worn the surface smooth, and it does take you be surprise, as you step on a damp patch that turns out to still be frozen and slip. Waving your arms desperately to keep your balance, you somehow manage to remain standing, gasping for breath.

Ah yes. You’ve forgotten. That first step of the Hakurei stairway had been worn down into a shallow bowl that collected rain into a small puddle. In the winter, this froze over, and often, the slippery puddle of ice lasted till spring, ready to give an unwary pilgrim an unwelcome surprise.

“Are you okay?” Tokiko calls out, some distance behind you. She’s turning away.

“Where are you going?” You call. She pauses, and turns to you once more.

“Oh…don’t worry about me…” she says wryly. “I’m going back to collect my books. Besides, I’m not on very good terms with the miko.” She admits.

“You’re not invited?” you ask bluntly.

“Er….no?”

[]”You are now.” To the shrine.
[] “You are now.” To Mayohiga.
[] At least see her back to the forest of magic. Granted that youkai probably won’t attack her, but it’s still the polite thing to do.
[] Wish her goodbye and head to the shrine.
[] Wish het goodbye and head to Mayohiga.

Feel free to write in sensibly once again.
>> No. 13902
[x] Wish her goodbye and head to the shrine.
>> No. 13904
>You were hoping for nice, peaceful family gathering but it seems that Yukari is in the mood for company. “I guess I’ll take a look at the shrine then, it’s not too far off.” You say, aligning your direction to the stairs.

[x] ”You are now.” To the shrine.
>> No. 13907
[X] Wish her goodbye and head to the shrine.
Fuck Takiko.
>> No. 13909
[x] ”You are now.” To the shrine.

>>13907
>Takiko
Wrong girl.
>> No. 13912
[X] "You are now." To the shrine.
[X] "You are now." To Mayohiga.

Put me down for whichever of the two gets more votes.
>> No. 13917
[X] "You are now." To the shrine.
>> No. 13920
Is this really a good idea? I don't remember if protagonist man knew this lass from before or not, but it just seems off to me.

[X] At least see her back to the forest of magic. Granted that youkai probably won’t attack her, but it’s still the polite thing to do.
>> No. 13922
>>13920

http://www.touhouproject.com/others/res/11539.html#12407

>Losing her composure would be an understatement. If you recalled correctly, a certain Ibis youkai who had been unceremonious dumped into the middle of the ginza subway line reacted so badly that she broke down and starting crying, there and then in the midst of thousands of curious commuters before you could reach her.

We've known Toki for a while.
>> No. 13929
File 123303731345.jpg - (153.10KB , 666x800 , ebb631a68979b2de944d6080977e8fa2.jpg ) [iqdb]
13929
[!/] “You are now.” To Mayohiga.
>> No. 13937
File 123305947042.png - (421.02KB , 640x480 , ending_iamp_reimu_good_04.png ) [iqdb]
13937
[x] "You are now." To the shrine.

>Besides, I’m not on very good terms with the miko.
If this Reimu is anything like canon Reimu, as long as Takiko isn't causing any problems it shouldn't be hard to call a truce. She doesn't really hold grudges, she'd rather drink tea and take it easy.
>> No. 13940
[x] At least see her back to the forest of magic. Granted that youkai probably won’t attack her, but it’s still the polite thing to do.

It's not polite to bring people to a party without your host's permission.

Landlordanon is well-bred,
>> No. 13941
[x] At least see her back to the forest of magic. Granted that youkai probably won’t attack her, but it’s still the polite thing to do.
Changan voet.
>> No. 13943
[x] At least see her back to the forest of magic. Granted that youkai probably won't attack her, but it's still the polite thing to do.
>> No. 13955
[X] ”You are now.” To the shrine.

Evidently Yukari has invited more than merely family to the little gathering, so I don't see why we can't come "+1," as it were. Besides, more friends is always a good thing.
>> No. 13975
[X] ”You are now.” To the shrine.
>> No. 13986
File 123320271241.jpg - (57.46KB , 445x330 , ichino_torii1.jpg ) [iqdb]
13986
[]”You are now.” To the shrine.

Tokiko stops in her tracks, looking surprised-and more than a little bashful.

“Ha~? You’re inviting me?” she asks, perhaps not quite believing her ears. “Ar-are you sure? I mean, the miko probably won’t want me there, won’t you get into trouble or something?” she continues, hands clutched tightly together. “You don’t need to get in trouble over something as trivial as a party; you don’t really need to be so nice to me you know?” Tokiko offers, red faced.

You can sympathize with the small ibis youkai somewhat, having been in similar circumstances before. Being ignored is not the nicest of feelings after all; then the Yakumo family entered your life. Tokiko, however, hadn’t been as fortunate.

“Yes I’m inviting you.” You reply, giving Tokiko a rare smile. “Will you accept?”

“I’ll go, but the miko… Tokiko protests weakly, halfway willing.

“Ah, don’t worry about Reimu.” You say firmly. “If I recall correctly, Yukari invited me, not the miko.” You finish, with and edge of finality.

“Yukari!? You mean lady Yukari?” Tokiko splutters.

“Yes, her. Don’t worry, she likes company.” You assure.

“I see…thank you,” Tokiko falters. “Wait-wait a bit! I need to get my books.” With that she dashes off into the bushes, leaving nothing but a faint rustling in her wake.

You wait warmly, and soon enough, Tokiko bursts from the foliage once more, a large brown package slung under an arm, crimson crest bobbing as she scurries towards you. “Tha-thanks for waiting!” she gasps, clutching the brown wrapping paper of the package carefully, as if it were the finest bone china. “Shall we go?” she asks, glancing at you. Nodding, you agree, and begin the climb, Tokiko close behind, looking about curiously.

“I’ve never been up here before,” she admits. “It’s not really what I’ve expected.”

“What were you expecting?” you wonder, looking edgeways at her.

“Hah~” Tokiko sighs. “You know, Cirno told me that this place has a guardian oni or something like that.”

“Oni?” You repeat dubiously. “I’ve never heard of that, the closest thing to a shrine guardian would be…” you pause, recalling old Genjii and Mima. “Don’t you think that ice fairy would be exaggerating? An oni, of all things?” But then again, this was Gensokyo after all.

But Tokiko laughs it off. “Yeah. It’s just like Cirno to exaggerate isn’t it?” she says, nodding brightly. “Ah! There’s the torii…it doesn’t look very good does it?” she adds with a somewhat disappointed note.

And you have to agree.

Years of neglect have allowed the branches of the trees to grow unimpeded, eventually forming a leafy canopy that hides the top of the stairs and the torii of the shrine form view. The multitude of leaves, slick from spring form a slippery covering upon the rock beneath your feet, a testament to the massive number that had fallen last autumn that had remained un-swept. The festive lanterns strung haphazardly through the branches do little to help the dreary picture.

The torii itself, while still sound, desperately needs a new coat of paint, its once red paint flaking in places and faded to dull rust brown; inscriptions worn away into indecipherable blotches. A bird’s nest pokes daringly from the gap between the kasagi rail and the nuki. If Tokiko hadn’t told you that there had been a festival here yesterday, you would have said that this place hadn’t seen anyone in years.

“Ah…looks like Remu’s been cutting back on the maintenance.” You observe, noting the fresher graffiti that had replaced the torii’s original inscriptions. It’s a crude drawing of a blob in blue stepping on the head of a blob in red, captioned with “Ai m d StonGerest,” in scratchy characters. Evidently Reimu hasn’t been to the torii for a while, or this would be gone.

A door slams shut suddenly, causing you to turn abruptly to face the source of the noise. A small shed to the side of the path beyond the torii proves to be the source, a figure stepping away from the wooden structure, heading away with a broom in her hands. She stops, still facing away from you, broom in hand and begins to sweep the flagstones of the path, stirring up a small cloud of loose leaves and twigs in the wake of her passage.

“Who’s that?” Tokiko asks you. “It’s not the miko.”

It’s not Reimu, that’s certain. Though the figure is clad in Reimu’s miko garb, the differences are quite evident. For one, the figure is too short to be a girl Reimu’s age, and neither does Reimu wear a cap, preferring bows and ribbons over more common headwear.

Whoever she is, she’s so caught up in sweeping the ground that she doesn’t notice you nor your companion as the two of you approach where she stands. She appears to be giving herself a morale boost.

“Oooh!” she gushes, to no one in particular, sweeping up a storm.

“He’s visiting! He’s visiting today!” She repeats excitedly, her ears perking up, allowing you to see them. “Must try hard!”

Ah, you do know this excitable little girl.

“Chen must be a responsible onee-san!” she announces, raising a fist to the heavens still totally oblivious to your presence or Tokiko’s.

[] “Hi responsible onee-san!” Greet Chen openly.
[] Sneak up behind and surprise her.
[] Write in.
-------
Feel free to write in, once again.
>> No. 13988
[x] Sneak up on her.
[x] "Reimu... you shrunk!"
[x] Then, greet her warmly.
>> No. 13989
[x] Sneak up on her.
[x] "Reimu... you shrunk!"
[x] Then, greet her warmly.
>> No. 13990
[x] Sneak up on her.
[x] "Reimu... you shrunk!"
[x] Then, greet her warmly.
>> No. 13994
[x] Sneak up on her.
[x] "Reimu... you shrunk!"
[x] Then, greet her warmly.

banding this wagon
>> No. 13995
[x] Sneak up on her.
[x] "Reimu... you shrunk!"
[x] Then, greet her warmly.
>> No. 13996
[x] Sneak up on her.
[x] "Reimu... you shrunk!"
[x] Then, greet her warmly.
>> No. 14005
File 123321755735.jpg - (168.45KB , 850x751 , sample-85e8e27fd901f740410e25911fb55740.jpg ) [iqdb]
14005
[!/] Sneak up on her.
[!/] "Reimu... you shrunk!"
[!/] Then, greet her warmly.

Tokiko and CHENNNNNNNNNNNN moe~
>> No. 14006
[x] Sneak up on her.
[x] "Reimu... you shrunk!"
[x] Then, greet her warmly.
>> No. 14010
[x] Sneak up behind and surprise her.
[x] “Hi responsible onee-san!”
>> No. 14037
[X] Sneak up behind and surprise her.
[X] “Hi responsible onee-san!”
>> No. 14042
File 123345088339.gif - (298.88KB , 451x2321 , a30f3afc68a9091c13db2a9cfc434161.gif ) [iqdb]
14042
Updat-Ikus?
>> No. 14052
File 123346003879.png - (696.51KB , 451x2321 , 1233279524160.png ) [iqdb]
14052
>>14042
>> No. 14060
File 123349804841.jpg - (13.48KB , 320x240 , kidicarus.jpg ) [iqdb]
14060
>>14042
>Updat-Icus?
>> No. 14061
File 12335009118.jpg - (15.53KB , 320x240 , 369431-cnmotherbrain_super.jpg ) [iqdb]
14061
>>14060
Fucking Captain N, ruining franchises I loved
>> No. 14062
>>14061
good lord, whats that?
>> No. 14065
>>14062

Mother Brain.
>> No. 14066
>>14061

Hello CD-I Zelda!

Thread de-railed. Update-Ikus.
>> No. 14102
Updaetz?
>> No. 14121
Dead story or dead writer?
>> No. 14122
Not dead, just busy. I'll be back by weeks end.
>> No. 14124
>>14122
A relief, it was shaping up to be a rather nice story, having it die off would have been a shame.
>> No. 14125
>>14124
Agreed, this is one of my favorite around on these boards.
>> No. 14196
File 123402690563.jpg - (890.95KB , 1400x950 , CHEN~.jpg ) [iqdb]
14196
Everytime it is like this.
I stop for abit and I lose my pacing.

-----
[x] Sneak up on her.
[x] "Reimu... you shrunk!"
[x] Then, greet her warmly.

You can’t resist. Tokiko looks quizzical as you motion for her to remain silent, but plays along, eyes lighting up with interest as you employ your entire prowess at stealth-which truthfully isn’t much. But thankfully it is enough, your target too engrossed with her sweeping to notice your presence as you approach her from behind.

“Oh wow, Reimu! You’ve shrunk!” You announce suddenly, springing into action

“Uwa~!

The girl squeals in surprise, ears and tail stiffening as you casually reach out and give her a pat on the head; pressing her cap down lightly and mussing her hair slightly in the process. Her ears twitch instinctively and your hand can feel their motion through the fabric of the cap, jerking slightly as she spins around to face you, raising her arms to protect her ears.

“You-you!” she splutters, trying to collect herself. You decide not to give her the chance. Grinning lazily, you raise an arm in greeting.

“Chen is-Chen is not Reimu!” Chen protests vehemently, gesturing wildly in response. “Chen is Chen! An-And who are you?”

“Haa? You don’t remember?” You probe. On retrospective, you would have to admit that you were feeling more than a little disappointed with this “responsible onee-san” of yours, though a more logical part of you reasoned that it was more than understandable in those circumstances. The last Chen had seen of you, you had been more or less equal in height with the girl, perhaps slightly taller, but now, towering above her petite figure, it was easy to see why recognition would not come so easily.

“No?” Chen mumbles, ears drooping. “But, but you smell familiar!” She announces, as some sort of consolation. “So…Chen should know you but…” She reaches a hand under her cap to scratch her head, turning her focus to Tokiko, who is standing a little ways behind you with a warm, if somewhat nervous smile on her face. “Oh, you’re Toki!” Chen exclaims, rushing up to Tokiko and looking her right in the eye, perhaps a little too close for Tokiko’s comfort. Chen was always one for close physical contact.

“Yukari-sama brought you over for “the talk” that other time right?” Chen asks, completely sincere. In contrast, however, Tokiko’s faces pales at the mention of that. “Yea…” she murmurs hurriedly, brushing off the subject. “After you sent be back, Lady Yukari was just telling me to be discreet… about my…adventures over on your side,” she explains softly. Chen nods sagely at that, before turning back to you.

“If she’s Toki, then you must be?” She says, chewing on the question thoroughly.

Deciding that the joke is more or less over, you motion the small girl over. “Still can’t tell?” You ask. Chen shakes her head gloomily. “Here, come closer.”

“Mm?”

“Gundam.” You say.

“Hah?” Chen stares at you intently, studying you for a few moments before a spark of recognition flares. “Ah! It’s you!” She squeals; and barrels straight into you in a flying tackle, knocking the breath out of you though you do maintain your balance. “Ah! You’re tall!” she exclaims wondrously, reaching out a hand and measuring your difference in heights, giving Tokiko a good chuckle.

“You two are here for the party right? Right?” Chen finally asks, idle conversation having being spent. You nod. “ Follow Chen!” She announces. With that, she dashes off ahead, stopping at intervals to see if you’re following. It’s a nice gesture, but not particularly necessary, seeing that the Hakurei shrine is in plain sight and is not more than fifty meters away from the shrine’s torii. There isn’t much of a chance that you’d actually get lost here. But you humor Chen anyway and follow her lead to the front of the shrine itself.

It’s an old structure, and while in much better condition than its human realm counterpart, it still gives off an air of dilapidation, and that of life. The signs that someone calls this place home are evident; the new tiles patching a hole in the roof, standing out amongst its duller, older companions, the koma-inu guardian statues scoured of the accumulation of bird’s droppings that would inevitably build up over the years and most evidently, the remains of a good lunch, languishing on a foldable table, right in front of the honden. No one has seemed have cleared it up as of yet.

Normally, this sort of treatment to perfectly good sacred ground would have sent any Shinto priest into fits, but to your knowledge, the Hakurei Shrine didn’t have any kami enshrined within the honden to be offended by. And even if it did, Gensokyo was relaxed enough a place for such an offense to pass without a much of a mention.

“ Ran-sama! Ran-sama!” Chen calls, approaching a small structure, off to the side, its old, but sturdily constructed, with a large stack of firewood piled neatly right beside it. If your memory served you correctly, that is the kitchen, and true enough a small trail of smoke issues from a window, accompanied by the scent of grilled fish.

“Is something the matter, Chen?” someone calls from within the smoky interior.

“Ran-sama! Guess who is here!” Chen yells back.

“This early?” a voice, obviously Ran’s, returns. There is a clatter of bowls from within the makeshift kitchen and the sound of a chair being pushed back, and soon enough, a tall figure emerges from the smoky depths of the wooden structure, a mass of silky, luxuriant tails fanned out behind her. Despite the light coating of soot and oil so commonly afflicted on those working with wood burning stoves, Ran is unmistakable, and even you find yourself smiling fondly as she steps out into the sunlight, giving her tails a light shake to disperse the settled soot.

She pauses as her gaze falls upon you, a warm smile lighting her features.

“Welcome home.” She states simply; and envelopes you in a hug.

“We’ve missed you.”
>> No. 14197
“A-ah…I see.” You manage to reply. Not the most sentimental of greetings, but Ran gets the underlying message anyway and pats your head, a gesture appropriately similar to that of ruffling Chen’s hair earlier. Except that no one ruffles your hair, except Ran, and just maybe, Yukari.

Tokiko turns away, quite obviously embarrassed at witnessing such an intimate moment. Noticing this, Ran pulls away, with only the slightest tinge of red at her cheeks. “I see we have an additional guest today.” Ran comments calmly, looking Tokiko up and down. “Don’t look so worried,” she assures. “Lady Yukari’s parties are quite the lazier-fair affairs. It’s quite common for unexpected guests to turn up some way through the proceedings so catering for one more shouldn’t be much of a problem. At the very least I’ll have the privilege of knowing to prepare a bit more food in advance.”

“Ahh…I hope I’m not too much trouble.” Tokiko murmurs, looking a little downcast.

“Not at all.” Ran replies. “Now, as much as I would like to talk, I’ve got a lot to do.” She indicates over her shoulder to the smoking kitchen. “Chen, why don’t you introduce him to Suika or something? The party won’t be starting so soon, but try not to wander off from the shrine” Ran orders, with her usual air of efficiency.

“Hai Ran-sama!” Chen acknowledges, and grabbing your hand in hers and Tokiko’s in the other, she rushes off, literally pulling you away from the kitchens and towards the living quarters.

Reimu, unusually, is nowhere in sight, though signs of her inhabitance are everywhere, especially the gi and hakama hanging from a washing line. Instead, yet another small girl sits on the steps, a bottle of drink by her side. She’s clad in the very same dress as Chen, a gi and skirt affair with the sleeves detached. Noticing he group the girl raises her hand in a lazy greeting, waving Chen over.

Trotting closer, you realize that she has horns, two twisted protrusions of aged ivory, each about fifteen centimeters in length, one on each side of her head, sticking out at an angle. One has a thick wire of silver coiled and partially embedded in it while the other, sports a blue bow right at its tip.

“Hey, Chen, and you…and you…” she greets, nodding to each of you in turn. “ Never seen you two before.” She admits.

“Likewise.” You reply, studying the strange girl closely. Apart from her unusual garb and her horns, this girl could have passed easily for a grade-schooler in size and appearance.

“Hmm? Oh, yea, rude of me.” She laughs, scratching the back of her head. “Name’s Suika. I’ve got family name, but Suika’s just fine. “

“I’m Tokiko,” Tokiko begins. “Please to meet you.”

“And I’m-“ you begin, but Suika cuts you off.

“Wait wait!” she grins. “I’ve always wanted to try this! This is how they greet people in the human realm isn’t it?” She extends her hand. “You’re dressed like an outsider so I figure that you’re from human-side.”

So Suika wants to shake hands? You don’t really have a reason not to play along, so you follow suit, grasping her hand in yours. It was evident from the start that Suika was small in stature, but now seeing her hand in your palm… Your impression however changes abruptly when she squeezes your hand in hers and shakes vigorously. Goodness…She’s very strong. One of the lessons you had learnt in Gensokyo was that appearances were deceiving.

“I did it right didn’t I?” Suika asks, nodding in a satisfied manner, as you nursed your damaged hand.

“Yes…but if we’re on good terms, it’s not appropriate to crush someone’s hand.” You growl, staring her down.

“Is it? Thanks for teaching me then!” Suika agrees, ignoring your sharp glare and patting you on the shoulder, a force many times stronger than what the gesture would appear to be. You let out a groan and back away, near desperate to get away from physical contact with Suika.

“No...Problem.” you manage. Suika just smiles broadly in reply, satisfied that her friendship overtures were received so well. “Ah, they’re back!” she points behind you.”

You incline your head, just in time to catch the edges of the border between the worlds sliding shut into thin air and before you can do anything else for that matter, a pair of hands clutches your shoulders from behind. “Hello there, you’re early.” Yukari’s voice whispers into your ear.

“Who’s that? An outsider?” Someone calls from behind Yukari. “Che- Just when the party is going to get started too…”

“I’ll leave you two...To get reacquainted. You shouldn’t neglect old friends after all” Yukari murmurs, and you could just imagine the grin on her face right then. “I’ll be seeing to Ran then,” she announces and releases you, disappearing into another gap.

“That Yukari!” the irritable voice starts. You turn to face the source.

It’s Reimu, older, taller and dressed differently, but still unmistakably Reimu. She’s dressed the same odd combination as Suika and Chen, the Gi and Skirt combination with the detached sleeves; a far cry from her more conservative gi and hakama you saw her dressed in more than six years back, and she’s staring right back at you.

“Oh, it’s you. Yukari said that you would be visiting.” She says unceremoniously. “What are you staring at me like that for, expecting a hug?”

“No, just tea.” You counter.

“Still a smartass,” she scowls. “I’m not that happy to see you…and you invited her?” she asks, pointing at Tokiko who shrinks away from Reimu’s intense gaze, trying and failing, to look small and insignificant beside Suika. “Ah, do whatever you want; you’re Yukari’s guest, not mine.” She says finally, breaking the awkward silence. With that, she leaves, turning for the storehouse with her laden bags.

Just as you had changed, Gensokyo seems to have changed much as well.

[] Give Ran a hand with the preparation.
[] Give Chen a hand with sweeping.
[] Give Reimu a hand with her packages.
[] Give Yukari and Suika hand with slacking off.
[] Wander the place.

If so….
[] With Tokiko
[] Leave Tokiko to her own devices.

Once again, feel free to write in sensibly.
RIP Anju.
>> No. 14198
[x] Give Yukari and Suika hand with slacking off.
[x] With Tokiko.

We invited her, now we've got to take care of her.
>> No. 14199
[] Give Yukari and Suika hand with slacking off.
[] Leave Tokiko to her own devices.
>> No. 14200
[x] Give Yukari and Suika hand with slacking off.
[x] With Tokiko.
>> No. 14202
File 123403442927.jpg - (57.80KB , 500x600 , 3aa13fc2835e76221f870f4aa4058252.jpg ) [iqdb]
14202
[!/] Give Yukari and Suika hand with slacking off.
[!/] With Tokiko.

>Deciding that the joke is more or less over, you motion the small girl over. “Still can’t tell?” You ask. Chen shakes her head gloomily. “Here, come closer.”

>“Mm?”

>“Gundam.” You say.

ORE WA GUNDAM DA!

Our name is Setsuna
>> No. 14203
[x] Give Yukari and Suika hand with slacking off.
[x] With Tokiko.

Hmmm, It's not like I thought Reimu was going to blush and hug us or anything but that was colder than I expected.
>> No. 14204
Yukari does a terrible job of playing matchmaker.

[x] Give Yukari and Suika hand with slacking off.
[x] With Tokiko.
>> No. 14205
File 123404403170.png - (356.15KB , 603x726 , 1211730308873.png ) [iqdb]
14205
>>14203

We know what needs to be done.
>> No. 14206
[X] Give Chen a hand with sweeping.
[X] Leave Tokiko to her own devices.

We must be a responsible little brother.
>> No. 14207
>>14202
>Our name is Setsuna
>Our name is

I wish there actually was one. Being called "you" by someone you've known since kid after a few years without meeting is so anticlimatic.
>> No. 14208
Personally, I think something along the lines of 'little brother' would've been good, while Chen would be 'older sister Chen'. Later on, that can switch around, but as pointed out, they haven't seen each other for a long time and they age differently.
>> No. 14209
[x] Give Yukari and Suika hand with slacking off.
[x] With Tokiko.
>> No. 14210
[x] Give Ran a hand with the preparation.
>> No. 14212
File 123406679825.png - (94.33KB , 550x550 , 1209630436504.png ) [iqdb]
14212
>lazier-fair
...
*cough*
>> No. 14213
>>14212
You'll pardon his French.
>> No. 14216
[x]Quickly donate to the shrine with any change on hand
[x] Give Yukari and Suika hand with slacking off.
[x] With Tokiko.
>> No. 14223
[x]Quickly donate to the shrine with any change on hand
[x] Give Yukari and Suika hand with slacking off.
[x] With Tokiko.
>> No. 14224
>[x] Give Yukari and Suika hand with slacking off.
I'm not the only one who keeps thinking that says "jacking off," am I?
>> No. 14225
[X]Quickly (but not too quickly,) donate to the shrine with any change on hand
[X] Give Yukari and Suika hand with slacking off.

Agreed with the entire name thing; we should have one in a story such as this, if we may.
[X] With Tokiko.
>> No. 14226
>>14224
A futa oni. Gee, I remember one of those around here ...
>> No. 14237
File 123425265550.jpg - (134.10KB , 600x634 , alls well.jpg ) [iqdb]
14237
>>14224
What gave you that idea?
>>14212
You know, I thought that it was an english word.
-----
[x] Give Yukari and Suika hand with slacking off.
[x] With Tokiko.

“That Reimu- so cold” Yukari observes, voice sounding more than a little disapproving. You turn, and sure enough, Yukari is right beside you. More accurately, half of her is right beside you; her upper torso emerging from a gap so that she’s more or less on your eye level.

“Didn’t you go to help Ran?” You ask, looking edgeways at the blond woman.

“Oh Ran?” Yukari comments. “She didn’t really need my help. In fact, she threw me out of the kitchen. Said that I was more a liability than anything.” Yukari replies happily. “She’s right, I suppose.” She continues, nodding sagely.

“Ah, I see.” You reply dryly. Thinking back, you never really did see Yukari cook anything before, come to think of it. Anyway, looking closer there appears to be a couple of bottles nestled in her arms, making her motivations and actions at the kitchen somewhat less than inspirational. “I hope you left some for the other guests.” You say.

“Mmm, there’s more than enough. Ran won’t notice.” She answers innocently, making no attempt to hide anything. “Reimu might of course, but she owes me a few drinks anyway.”

“I can see why she’s in such a bad mood.” You observe.

Yukari’s hearing; however seems to have selectively failed, as she ignores the statement waving Suika and Tokiko over with great enthusiasm. “Hey, Suika, Tokiko help me finish this won’t you? My little brother here isn’t manly enough to hold his liquor so it’s no fun drinking with him.” At the mention of alcohol, Suika’s eyes literally light up and the diminutive girl meanders over, resealing the gourd she carried and placing it aside in favor of one of the bottles Yukari handed out. Tokiko on the other hand, while accepting the drink poured for her, looks uncomfortable. No doubt she feels out of place in this close knit group of friends and family.

“You can’t drink?” Suika asks curiously, once she’s been comfortably installed on the shrine’s wooden flooring, drink in hand and with just enough alcohol in her system to make the conversation flow easily.

“Nah, he can’t.” Yukari answers in your stead. “Takes after Ran don’t he? You had a sip once, when you were twelve remember? Out like a light.” She reminisces. “Fell over just like that. I thought he had choked or something.”

“I’d…rather not remember.” You mumble. Most probably a futile gesture, since your wishes don’t really carry a lot of weight in the conversation.

“I’m so so sorry!” Suika exclaims suddenly startling Tokiko with her sudden outburst. Looking at you guiltily, she continues. “I…I didn’t know!”

“Huh?”

“I mean that, even if you can’t drink lots, I’m sure you make up for it in lot of other ways!” Suika assures you; eyes wide and brimming with –what? Sympathy? “You’re still a good person!” she proclaims.

“Wait!” You protest. “Wait!!! Not being able to drink isn’t a disability!” Though, as previously stated, your protests go largely ignored. Suika, from your left continues to look at you with those wide, limpid eyes, somewhat like a sympathetic gaze directed towards an amputee. Yukari on your other side just continues to grace you with those sassy grins you’ve seen on her face more times than you can count. No doubt her little game of “tease your younger sibling” has went, just as planned, leaving you seated somewhat less than comfortably between the two, tea in hand.

Reimu soon joins you, seating herself on one of the threadbare cushions she owns and although she’s drinking, she isn’t talking much; only answering when Yukari or Suika prompts her and even then, only with a few mumbled words, never really giving a full answer. Occasionally, you would catch her staring intently at you, expression unreadable, though you generally get the feeling that she isn’t happy about something. She outright ignores Tokiko entirely.

Yukari and Suika more than make up for it though, filling the air with chatter and off colored jokes, managing to get Tokiko to join in some rowdy old folk song, much to your amusement, even prompting Reimu to relax and smile a bit. But eventually, the conversation wears itself out and the sun, though still high and bright, begins its descent.

“Time to clean up; before the rest of the guests arrive .” Reimu states, standing up. Stepping light off the flooring, she snatches her washing off the line, and walks purposefully into the interior of the shrine’s living quarters. “Au! Wait for me Reimu~!!” Suika calls, standing up and following, petite form disappearing into the interior as well, leaving you and Yukari more or less alone. Discounting Tokiko, of course, who had fallen asleep from a combination of warm sunlight and good drink.

With some privacy, this is as good a time as any for this.

“Ah…” you begin. “I…”

“Mmm?” Yukari turns to you, eyes amused. She knows it.

“I got that catalogue you sent.” You finish lamely. Yukari is grinning now. “You got it?” she asks, voice carrying an overtone of eagerness.

“I don’t understand why you couldn’t get these things yourself. You have a credit card don’t you?” you comment, searching for that elusive justification.

“Aww, gifts from someone are always more special!” she points out, leaning intimately close.

“Special?” You repeat with a snort”…If you consider getting lingerie from close family as “special”. Come to think of it, not many people out there do get lingerie from close family anyway so it might...”

“Hah, you and your sarcasm.” Yukari responds airily. “Did you get the right one?”

“Yes, and looked damn stupid too. Maribel…Maribel saw…” You manage. “Purple in size classified…, Indigo in size censored….That’s it.”

“Nothing for Chen?”

“I draw the line there.” You reply curtly. “Here, and if Ran asks about it, it was from you and it was your idea. I had nothing to do with it.” You pull a wrapped package from your backpack and hand it over o Yukari, who has a look of acute delight upon her face. Why anyone would get so enthusiastic about a few filmy garments was beyond you, though you did suppose, if you had a fetish for that sort of thing…

“You know…I’ve something for you too…I think you’ll like it” Yukari smiles, depositing the package to gave her into a handy gap for safekeeping

“Really? You didn’t have to.” You reply, more than a little suspicious.

“Nonsense! It’s family after all!” Yukari exclaims, raising a finger. “It was no trouble at all. Come with me.”

She stands, but instead opening a gap, she makes her way to the shrines storehouse, daintily skirting around drying puddles; the remnants of winter. Shrugging, you follow your sister figure and watch as she flings the sliding door open with a crash. Yukari enters and kneels, rummaging amongst the piles of items Reimu as accumulated over the years.

“Ah! Here it is! I told them to keep it separate from the rest of the junk!” Yukari crows, and stands, a large box, perhaps large enough to fit a watermelon gripped nicely in her hands.

Knowing Yukari, she probably got you,

[] Something useful
[] Something magical
[] Something old
[] A Yukari Special
>> No. 14240
[x] "You kept the receipt, right?"
[x] A Yukari Special

Brace for awesome
>> No. 14241
[] Something magical
>> No. 14242
[x] "You kept the receipt, right?"
[x] A Yukari Special

Gap in a box?
>> No. 14244
[X] Something old
>> No. 14245
[X] A Yukari Special
>> No. 14246
[x] "You kept the receipt, right?"
[x] A Yukari Special
>> No. 14247
>large enough to fit a watermelon

[ ] A Yukkuri Special
[x] A Yukari Special
>> No. 14248
if a Yukari Special means something useful, magical, and old... heres to hoping for a magical Virtual Boy (that looks into the girls' bath.)
>> No. 14249
[x] Something like a crying Reimu popping out of the box in the lingerie you bought.
[x] "You kept the receipt, right?"
[x] A Yukari Special
>> No. 14251
[X] A Yukkuri Special
>> No. 14252
[x] A Yukari Special

The adventurer in me wants to go for the magic item, but I just can't pass up something labeled "Yukari Special".
>> No. 14253
[x] Something like a crying Reimu popping out of the box in the lingerie you bought.

Failing that, count the vote as:
[X] A Yukari Special
>> No. 14256
[Sukima] A Yukari Special
This cannot possibly go wrong.
>> No. 14258
File 123430231151.jpg - (210.30KB , 703x607 , sexyyukari016.jpg ) [iqdb]
14258
[X] A Yukari Special

I can't resist a surprise from the gap lady. The sexy, sexy gap lady.
>> No. 14259
Inb4 Yukari Special is old, magic and useful combined, which would mean that it doesn't matter what we shoose we will get the same thing.
>> No. 14262
>>14258

This picture brings a very important question to mind.

Is it incest if they're not blood related?
>> No. 14263
>>14262
Nope.
At least, not incest that's justifiably bad and could lead to horrible genetic mutations. Which even through incest is still uncommon.
>> No. 14268
File 123431386059.jpg - (144.39KB , 850x637 , sample-ba5f048e6a5502767b62f0d5ba7ec1b3.jpg ) [iqdb]
14268
>>14262

Landlord anon was just a decedent of the original owners of the plot of land now called Mayohiga. No relation.

Besides, it'll only be "technical" incest.
>> No. 14277
>>14252
The Yukari Special could be ANYTHING! It could even be a magic item!
>> No. 14281
The way I see it, the "Yukari Special" is either:

A.) really the Yukari Express
B.) dick in a box
C.) the blackest gift of them all...NOTHING!!!
D.) a youkai fleshlight
E.) sex with Yukari
F.) a plate of food
>> No. 14282
File 123435076663.jpg - (30.98KB , 333x251 , 1231981430235.jpg ) [iqdb]
14282
>>14281
Any of those gifts would be adequately brutal for our needs.
>> No. 14283
[x] Yukarin Special.
>> No. 14284
>>14282

Shit was so metal.
>> No. 14323
File 123461684998.jpg - (60.16KB , 640x480 , 水瓜.jpg ) [iqdb]
14323
[] a Yukari Special
[] Did you take the receipt?
---------

“Ta-da~” Yukari cheers heartily and sweeps the lid open with a flourish, allowing you to peer intently into the box’s interior.

“Um, I hope you took a receipt, they seem to have given you a defective watermelon.” You comment dryly, noting the half eaten fruit and the sodden newspaper lining the bottom. Aya wouldn’t be too pleased. Those were bunbunmaru issues; you observed, and other than that, the box is otherwise empty.

“Defective watermelon? Yukari exclaims, looking rather surprised, actually. Reluctantly she peers inside the box to affirm your claims. “Oh damn, it escaped. Reimu isn’t going to like that very much.” She comments irritably, dropping the box and gazing about the compound, perhaps hoping to see a sign of whatever creature used to inhabit the box’s watermelon ridden depths.

“You weren’t going to give me a Yukkuri were you?” you ask suspiciously, seeing that the box was just about the right size to accommodate one of those pests. “I really appreciate the gesture, but you know that I’m severely allergic to those things.”

“Giving you a Yukkuri?” Yukari laughs out incredulously. “You thought we were giving you a Yukkuri?” she continues, finally brining her outbreak of laughter under control and giving you a level look. “No, no it isn’t a Yukkuri; I can’t stand those things either,” she admits, flashing you an honest smile. “For some strange reason, every time I look at one, I see a resemblance to Reimu –or Marisa.”

“Is it?” you ponder. “I’ve never really noticed. But now that you mention it…” Thinking back, those little pests did have an uncanny resemblance to said friends, something more than a little unnerving, you would have to admit. “But, back to the point, what was it?” you ask, curious about the box’s last inhabitant.

“Ummm…” Yukari hums for a bit, brows furrowed in concentration. “ Ah…you know, its name doesn’t really come to mind right now, but I am sure it’s something I saw in the outside world...You should be familiar with it I think.
“Really? You brought a pet in from the human realm? Why did you do that? You really didn’t have to go through so much trouble.” You ask.

No no. It isn’t a pet. As to why I brought it back…You know, when you were stopped visiting, about three years back, we had an infestation of yukkuri.” Yukari begins.

You nod, allowing Yukari to continue her tale.

“I wanted to exterminate the lot, but Chen thought they were cute and Ran couldn’t bear to get rid of them, so I thought bringing in a natural predator to control their numbers would do the trick, a predator that would fit into small spaces and chase the pests out.” She explains leisurely. “It’s been doing a good job so far.”

“So why don’t you keep it?” You ask. “Whatever it is, it seems to be doing its fair share of the work around here.”

Yukari smiles somewhat sheepishly. “Well, you see…lately, we’ve been short on yukkuri. The pests are frankly scared silly by our missing friend here, but yukkuri being yukkuri, it took the dolts three years to figure that out and leave Mayohiga… but now that they’ve left, the poor dear has nothing to eat but Ran’s watermelons, and Ran won’t have that. She told me to get rid of it or she would do it herself actually… Er…watermelons as in watermelon patch, dear little brother. So you can stop blushing.” She scolds lightly, and mutters something cheekily. You hear something like “finally interested in girls,” and “a bit late.”

“And so you want me to keep it?” you clarify, ignoring her light teasing.

Well…yes.” Yukari replies. “We thought you’d like it- and you’d be doing Ran a favor too, saving her watermelon plants.”

While you’re naturally cautious about accepting pets, especially unknown pets from Gensokyo, a part of you reacts favorably; the notion of keeping a “natural predator” around goes down particularly smoothly with you; no doubt a guy thing. Although being in gensokyo, it could be merely a particularly bloodthirsty fairy for all you knew, despite Yukari’s assurances that she “imported” it.

“Is it dangerous?” You ask finally, common sense winning.

“Oh don’t worry about that,” Yukari smirks, laughing it off. “I had someone remove the sharp parts. She can still give a hard bite, enough to overwhelm a yukkuri, or maybe enough to break skin, but that’s about it. Though…it did bite Reimu once when the Moriya shrine first got here, and she got all jaundiced and yellow for a few days.” She admits “Only Reimu though.” She adds as an afterthought.

Ah, I see…” you mutter, a flicker of movement catching you eye, a falling shadow at the edge of your vision.

You turn to see it, Yukari following your gesture, just managing to catch someone’s leisurely decent from the sky, falling gently till the shrine’s honden hides whoever it was from view.

“Looks like the other guests are arriving.” You comment, directing a wry smile at Yukari. “We’ll have to look for your pet later,” you say, drawing a somewhat apologetic shrug in reply.

Yukari allows you to lead the way, walking sedately at your flank as the two of you make your way back to the shrine, weaving your way through the puddles. It’s not until the two of your turn the corner and enter the main courtyard that the full noise of the revelry hits, a blast of chatter that seems much louder, from your abrupt transition from peace to this festive chaos. As it turns out, the figure you saw descending from the sky wasn’t the only person to arrive; many more people fill the courtyard than you would have expected in such a short time. If you hadn’t known better, you would have speculated that these guests had been hiding in the trees somewhere, just waiting for you to turn your back so that they could appear without warning.

During your long break, it appeared that Ran had been hard at work; the rubbished cleared and the drinks neatly laid out for the guests. But, despite the evident signs of Ran’s efficient handiwork, Ran herself is nowhere in sight, nor is Chen for that matter. All that stands before you are groups of people (in most cases youkai) standing about socializing and generally having a good time.

“Oh!” Yukari suddenly exclaims. “Forgetful of me! I need to pick Yuyu up! Sorry about this, but I’ll need to step out for a bit. The border has been more unstable lately and sometimes, people can’t cross properly.” She explains apologetically.

“Sure…Yuyu? Yuyuko you mean?” you ask, recalling the name, “I don’t think I’ve met her.”

“Meet her? No no, you havn’t. Oh, but I’m sure she’ll want to meet you!” Yukari trails on excitedly. “But she’s always been stuck in Hakugyokuro; At least till I weakened the boundary to the spirit world. I’ll be back soon!” With that, a gap opens in thin air and Yukari delicately steps into it. With a quick wave, the gap seals itself and she’s gone. You don’t know how long Yukari would take, and you don’t really care to speculate. Instead, you turn to the mingling guests; you can’t really be sure, but their numbers seem to have increased even more despite the short time you were distracted. Some of them, uninvited no doubt.

Your spare the crowd a cursory search, picking out familiar faces, though you probably will not recognize all of them, Time has passes, people change and newcomers arrive. Despite its familiarity, Gensokyo feels, in a way, as foreign to you now as when you first visited with Yukari so many years ago.
>> No. 14324
Two blond girls standing to one side argue loudly, a vocal dispute seemingly over some obscure magical theory or hypothesis, so caught up in their tirade that they don’t respond to your presence. You recognize one of them almost immediately, six years of growth not adding much height or curves to her, though her hair has grown out; definitely Marisa, judging from her tell tale black-white colored scheme and braid in her hair, which swings in the air as she gestures wildly; arms waving in the air as she punctuates her rapid speech with sequences of “ze”s. An old verbal tic she hasn’t been able to eradicate completely from her speech. Her companion however, in contrast to the walking firework, is much more calm and composed, though the strain of the argument obviously shows. Clad pleasantly in blues and reds with a books strapped up with lengths of leather at her waist. At her side, a fairy flutters around, although its movements, despite the amount of emotion it could convey, seem somehow, mechanical.

You realize, with a start, that the odd, stiff movements of the fairy has drawn someone else’s attention; alongside the arguing pair is a young girl, also blond though much of that hair is sheathed in a white velvet cap through which only a ponytail extends through one side. You can’t see her face, but she’s obviously no human; a fact evident from the two wings like spears of twisted metal and luminescent crystal protruding from her back. She’s intent on that fairy, paying you no notice at all, so engrossed that her only signs of movement are the slight motion of her wings.(if you could consider them such.)

“Flan! Are you here?” Someone yells, so loudly and so heavily accented, that all conversation stops. All is silent for a few moments, save for a few muffled giggles, directed at some Chinese girl standing in the middle of the courtyard, hands to her mouth; evidently ready to shout again. Still, quickly, the crowd loses interest and conversation resumes, but you as you turn back, you hear a mischievous hiss, a flutter of movement and a thump and a yelp; the crystal winged girl is gone.

In her place, someone else stands, looking none too pleased, an overturned plate at her feet with its contents spread along her front of her dress, staining and ruining the intricate bamboo embroidery, though the owner seems more concerned with her hair, pulling at her long midnight tresses to see if any food got into it. Grumbling, she pulls someone alongside her, a silver haired youkai, with very visible wolf’s ears and tail.

“Have you seen Eirin?” she asks.

“Lady Eirin? Ah…no?” the wolf girl replies hesitantly.

“Never mind then…” the raven haired girl sighs again. “What luck…” she mutters, before stalking off to the food tables, leaving the silver haired girl to stand alone, looking rather lost and forlorn; she keeps looking towards the sky, as if waiting for someone to swoop out and land. Finally something seems to catch her eye and to your amusement, her tail starts wagging as she gazes upwards to two rapidly descending figures.

Ah that bizarre hat you recognize, the so called Great Godess of Moriya was it? Alongside her, another individual follows, clad in a blue-white variant of Reimu’s sleeveless gi and skirt, though the great goddess is blocking her face from view. The wolf-youkai’s ears and tail droops comically. Evidently the Goddess and her companion weren’t the persons she was looking for.

“That Moriya...” a snippy voice growls suddenly from over your shoulder.

“Wha?” you jump, wheeling around to face a dispassionate looking Reimu, Ran and Chen flanking her.

“I don’t recall inviting either one of those two quack goddesses…” she mutters darkly. “Only the miko…”

“Well, the last two years, they came anyway,” Ran lectures. “You can’t have your way every time, Reimu, especially if you’re going to host a party for yokai, and as for you,” Ran faces you. “I hope you’re enjoying yourself. Did Yukari-sama give your our present?”

“Yes, but it escaped before I got it.” You admit. No point hiding anything since Ran was especially adept at weaseling out every bit of truth from you. She’d make a good inquisitor, if not for the youkai part.

“That…I told her to keep the lid tightly shut...” Ran mutters. “…watermelons…”

At this, Chen shies away from you, uncharacteristically not saying a word, ears flattened against her hair in a general display of sudden bashfulness. Instead, Reimu speaks, “Presents?” she asks nonchalantly.

“Human realm tradition.” You answer dryly.

[] Stay and talk. You did get something for Chen and Ran didn’t you? (Besides lingerie.) Maybe something for Reimu too.
[]Stay and talk.
[] Take your leave and mingle: Say hi to Marisa and Her Companion.
[] Take your leave and mingle: Investigate the Chinese Girl’s Plight
[] Take your leave and mingle: Search for the crystal winged girl
[] Take your leave and mingle: Head to the food tables.
[] Take your leave and mingle: Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai.
[] Take your leave and mingle: Seek the Moriya Goddess out
[] Just wait for Yukari to get back with Yuyuko and company.

Once again, feel free to write in sensibly.
-----------------------------

It should turn up eventually.

Some people will arrieve later than others. Some will arreive, even when not invited, and others, can't come due to troubles caused by some aboved mentioned people.
>> No. 14325
[X] Take your leave and mingle: Say hi to Marisa and Her Companion.
[X] Take your leave and mingle: Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai.
[X] Take your leave and mingle: Seek the Moriya Goddess out
Get to know people. Alice apparently new. Gain aquaince vector from Marisa. Flandre too dangerous, meiling boring, food good, but not yet, Momiji secondary, waiting accomplished by action, Ran talkable to at a later moment, moriya people tertiary.
>> No. 14326
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Say hi to Marisa and Her Companion.
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Investigate the Chinese Girl’s Plight.
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai.
>> No. 14327
I'm wondering : even though our hero hasn't met Yuyuko, did Yukari take her to our home just to raid our fridge?
>> No. 14328
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Say hi to Marisa and Her Companion.
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai.
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Investigate the Chinese Girl’s Plight

We can deal with the presents later, when we aren't standing in the courtyard surrounded by people we didn't get presents for.
>> No. 14330
[] Stay and talk.

Old friends > New ones
>> No. 14331
>We can deal with the presents later, when we aren't standing in the courtyard surrounded by people we didn't get presents for.

I wanted to vote for the presents, but you've changed my mind.

[x] Take your leave and mingle: Say hi to Marisa and Her Companion.

May as well start off with who we know.
>> No. 14332
[] Take your leave and mingle: Seek the Moriya Goddess out
[] Take your leave and mingle: Say hi to Marisa and Her Companion.
[] Take your leave and mingle: Search for the crystal winged girl
[] Take your leave and mingle: Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai.

Why are you not voting for the Moriyas? Suwako is waiting!
>> No. 14333
[x] Stay and talk. You did get something for Chen and Ran didn’t you? (Besides lingerie.) Maybe something for Reimu too.
Well educated anon.
>> No. 14334
>“Yes, and looked damn stupid too. Maribel…Maribel saw…” You manage. “Purple in size classified…, Indigo in size censored….That’s it.”

Forgot to say how pleased I am with the gifts.
>> No. 14335
[X] Take your leave and mingle: Seek the Moriya Goddess out
[X] Take your leave and mingle: Say hi to Marisa and Her Companion.
[X] Take your leave and mingle: Search for the crystal winged girl
[X] Take your leave and mingle: Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai.
>> No. 14336
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Say hi to Marisa and Her Companion.
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai.
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Investigate the Chinese Girl’s Plight
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Seek the Moriya Goddess out
>> No. 14337
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Say hi to Marisa and Her Companion.
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai.
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Investigate the Chinese Girl’s Plight
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Seek the Moriya Goddess out
>> No. 14338
>>14337>>14336

Oh, hey Votespam.

[!/] Take your leave and mingle: Seek the Moriya Goddess out
[!/] Take your leave and mingle: Say hi to Marisa and Her Companion.
[!/] Take your leave and mingle: Search for the crystal winged girl
[!/] Take your leave and mingle: Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai
>> No. 14339
>>14338

Posting one minute after another user constitutes votespam? MY WORD IT'S ALMOST AS IF THE POSTER DECIDED TO COPY AND PASTE THE OPTION BECAUSE THEY SUPPORTED THE IDEA!

But that would be too logical so it's gotta be votespam.
>> No. 14340
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Say hi to Marisa and Her Companion.
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai.
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Investigate the Chinese Girl’s Plight
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Seek the Moriya Goddess out
>> No. 14341
File 123464090618.jpg - (132.83KB , 800x600 , 1231128491475.jpg ) [iqdb]
14341
>>14339
>> No. 14343
Which is the Tokiko option?
>> No. 14344
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Say hi to Marisa and Her Companion.
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai.
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Investigate the Chinese Girl’s Plight
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Seek the Moriya Goddess out
>> No. 14346
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Search for the crystal winged girl
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai.
[x] Keep a look out for Yukari and Yuyuko.

>“Presents?” she asks nonchalantly.
I feel sorry for poor Reimu.
>> No. 14347
>>14346

Don'r worry. We got her some as well.


I hope.
>> No. 14349
[X]Stay and talk.
[X] Take your leave and mingle: Say hi to Marisa and Her Companion.
[X] Take your leave and mingle: Investigate the Chinese Girl’s Plight
[X] Take your leave and mingle: Search for the crystal winged girl
[X] Take your leave and mingle: Head to the food tables.
[X] Take your leave and mingle: Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai.
[X] Take your leave and mingle: Seek the Moriya Goddess out
[X] Keep a look out for Yukari and Yuyuko.

Eh, i'm probably going overboard, but there's time enough to mingle with everyone, right? At the very least, we should seek to introduce ourselves to those with whom we are unfamiliar, and to reintroduce ourselves to those whom we have not seen in a long time.

>>14346
If we don't have something for her now, we can give her something later, even though it might be a little awkward. ("Sorry i didn't have anything for you then, but please take this as a bit of a late gift.", or something along those lines.)
>> No. 14350
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Investigate the Chinese Girl’s Plight
>> No. 14351
[X] Take your leave and mingle: Say hi to Marisa and Her Companion.
[X] Take your leave and mingle: Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai.
[X] Take your leave and mingle: Search for the crystal winged girl.
[X] Take your leave and mingle: Seek the Moriya Goddess out.

I would dearly love to speak with our prospective goddess/life partner.
>> No. 14371
File 123479223974.jpg - (419.80KB , 750x750 , hounnori 32.jpg ) [iqdb]
14371
YUKARI~N INTERLUDE 1

I've always felt like i've glossed over the characters too much (especially after reading other stories here), and in a way, this is filler to fill in the last few posts till automatic sage and to provide some extra information about characters. This will be updated when you get to know the characters better.

After these sessions, its back to the main protagonist's point of view.
-----
“Aaah~n!” a soft voice sighs, almost melting.

“Eyah! Don’t push me…there! …Please!” Another voice squeals. “Ooooh! Don’t…don’t! I-I’m going…going to-to--!!!!!”

Out of nowhere, a soft hand shots towards you, pressing deeply into your chest, pushing you over the threshold of your balance. The solid surface that had been pressing against your back finally gives way and you fall backwards with a thump, into the blessed light, the door of the dim closet that you had been stuck in finally giving way.

“-FALL!!!” Youmu finishes, a little too late, momentum too far gone to correct. She lands comfortably between your assets, nothing painful –she’s light as a feather, until Yuyu tumbles out as well, sandwiching her lady-in-waiting between the two of you and knocking the breath from your lungs. All in all, a very auspicious start to your little detour.

Its a few moments before you can extract yourself from the tangle of limbs and frills, but eventually, you do so, Youmu blushing so heavily as she removes her face from your bust that she’s strawberry pink. Yuyu, as usual takes it in her stride, and gazes around curiously, smiling benignly at her servant. Pausing, you take stock of your surroundings; it wouldn’t do to gap your way into someone else’s home.

The small apartment is scrupulously neat, as always, books arranged neatly in their shelves, CDs in their rack and most admirably, the lack of the smell of stale sweat and long unwashed dishes so commonly found in most other apartments; a need for cleanliness and neatness he picked up from Ran, no doubt. Your eye finally roves onto the prize, your objective; the sleek black machine, the mysterious device, his persocom. It sits idly on its own table near his desk, a light smattering of dust covering his monitor.

“Yukair~n!!!” Yuyu whines. “Can I?”

“Mmm? Oh sure. Same place as last time, Yuyu. I know he bought some pudding and crème caramel that other day.” You answer, turning your attention back to the task at hand. You’ve seen him use it so many times before, it can’t be that hard. Right?”

“Youmu~!”

“Yes, my lady,” Youmu replies, back to her businesslike demeanor. “Will it be one, or two, or shall I just take everything I can find?” A few seconds pass. “I needn’t have asked.” She sighs dully and walks out, the sound of the door closing echoes from behind you.

Had that been the right switch? Yes it had! You watch gleefully as the monitor comes to life, screen filling with color, as Yuyu goggles from besides you, a plethora of “oohs” and “ahhs” streaming from her.

“Ah! Password?” you exclaim. “Quick, Yuyu! Get his journal! Over there on his desk! I know he keeps his passwords written somewhere; in case he forgets.”

“You sure, Yukarin?” Yuyu asks. “It doesn’t feel very nice invading his privacy like this.”

“Ah, he knows I read it every now and then. He’s never specifically told me not to.” You reply airily.

“If you say so,” Yuyu shrugs and flips the book open. “Hey! You’re right! The first thing it says is “don’t even think about it.” You shrug indifferently, you’re on important business. “Password is,” Yuyu begins. “Yukkuri Shitte Ne!”

“I would have never thought of that,” you admit, tapping in the keys. It works admirably, his desktop flickering to life Win2k, it says. Whatever it means you don’t know, and you look around for that one icon you do recognize. Internet.

You give Yuyu a glance; she’s busy reading the journal; albeit without much interest, and your turn back to your objective. “Al-bat-tro-sicks” you type into the browser, after hesitating, you add in “mp3” and “download” as well.

“Hey!” Yuyu calls. “This bit is about you!”

“Is it? “You wonder. Despite your claims earlier, you hadn’t really read it thoroughly. Seems that journal was more interesting than you had thought. It might prove to be good teasing material later.

“Yakumo Yukari,” Yuyu reads aloud. “Broke my computer today, by meddling with my bios, -changed password to “yukkuri shitte ne”. There’s more.” She continues, though you really aren’t listening, focusing more on finding the mp3s of their new album. “Likes; teasing people, sleeping, drinking and numerous other vices, cheesecake, caramel crèmes, gyoza ramen, mikan tangerines, sakura mochii, prime ribs, mp3s, that IPod of her’s and generally anything luxurious. Dislikes; hard work, studying, yukkuri, vegetables, abstinence….”

“Wow, he knows you well.” Yuyu exclaims, giggling at the entries. “Look here; Likes to sleep wearing practically nothing, then complain about the cold later.”

“What? I do not!” you protest, looking up sharply.

“You do.” Yuyu smirks, she glances down again. “…she’s my big sis,” she reads.

“Auu, he’s sweet.”

“Who’s sweet my lady?” Youmu asks, finally returning, arms laden with pudding.

“No~thing!” Yuyu giggles, gratefully accepting the desserts. She offers you one.

“Download is beginning…”

“Yakumo Ran,” Yuyu continues, slightly muffles from the pudding. “Likes; Chen –this one is underlined. Agedashi tofu, warm hats, watermelons, holidays, tieguanyin tea, adzuki beans, romance stories, neatness, neatness, neatness…dislikes; untidiness slovenliness…she looks lonely sometimes?”

“Note; I owe Ran a new hat.”

“My lady, are you reading someone else’s journal?” Youmu gasps suddenly, grasping the situation admirably.

“Wa! Don’t worry Youmu, I’ll see if he has an entry on you!” Yuyu teases. Undoubtedly, the gardener is red faced and spluttering now. “Here it is! Soft and Delicious Youmu!” she crows exultantly, spinning this entry from her twisted imagination. “Likes, dressing up, nurse costumes, manly men….

“55%...”

“I haven’t even met this person before!” Youmu wails.

“77%...”

“Ooh! This one is about little Chen! Likes; Gundam, snacks, cats, dogs, apples, tuna, expensive tuna, comfortable clothes, curry, hello kitty, konnyaku, catnip (not too much)…Dislikes; studying, mathematics, smoke, wasabi and… Macross? What’s that?” Yuyu finishes with a question.

“Not too sure; the human realm is such a strange place.” You reply truthfully, ;etting Yuyu continue reading from his journal. “95%..”

“Hirano Aya…journalist, active, outgoing and a bit emotional. Insanely curious about the human realm …some sort of bird Youkai? Nagae Iku, don’t know much about her. Seems fairly formal but nice, saw her summoning an eel once, possible fish youkai?…fell out of window…idiot me. “ Yuyu continues, even Youmu curious enough to be peering over her mistress’s shoulder.

“99%-100%-download complete.”
>> No. 14372
“Got it!” You sing, pulling a usb cord from a gap and connecting it to the computer. “See, Yuyu? It’s not so hard after all. Right…external drive? He said that once so that must be it…”

“Oh, Yukarin, you’re done?” Yuyu asks, looking up from his journal.

“Got it!” you grin, flourishing the IPod. “Now how do I turn this thing off?” You notice a light on the monitor and beneath it a button. Pressing it, the screen goes black. Satisfied, you walk to where Yuyu is. “Shall we go? We don’t want to be too late.”

Youmu nods, smiling for the first time in a while, and Yuyu stands up, carefully placing his journal back to where it came.

“Anything interesting after that?” you ask.

“Not really, “ Yuyu shrugs. “One page was missing though, right in the middle of the book.”

“Is that so?” you ask, turning off the lights and preparing to summon a gap.

“Mmm, it had a “Sanae” labeled on the margin; the rest was torn out.

“Really? I suppose we’re better off not knowing, Yuyu. There’s a limit to privacy intrusion after all.” You smirk, and with that, pull open a gap.

“Everyone in then, next stop, the Hakurei Shrine!”

[] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother. They're on good terms arn't they?

[]uring the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother. They're friendly rivals arn't they?

[]During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother. They loath each other don't they?
-------------------
>>14327
I hope this answers your question is a satisfactory manner.
>>14349
Well, I originally intended for there to be 1 choice only, but as per normal, I forgot to say so. So i've gone up to 4.
Mainly,
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Say hi to Marisa and Her Companion.
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Talk to the silver haired wolf youkai.
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Investigate the Chinese Girl’s Plight
[x] Take your leave and mingle: Seek the Moriya Goddess out
>> No. 14373
[x] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother. They're on good terms arn't they?
>> No. 14374
[X] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother. She was terrible at concealing that little crush on him, wasn't she?

Ahaha. Ha.
>> No. 14375
[X] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother - her self proclaimed 'arch nemesis'.

because love is over-rated.
>> No. 14376
[X] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother. She was terrible at concealing that little crush on him, wasn't she?
>> No. 14379
>>14371
>“Al-bat-tro-sicks”
Ha ha, just checked; they do have a new album. I didn't even realize. Good call.

[X] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother - her self proclaimed 'arch nemesis'.

This sounds about right. It's pretty easy to see Marisa being driven up the wall by our aloof personality and little brother just not caring enough to get caught up in her pace like everyone else. Surprised we don't get along better with Reimu.
>> No. 14380
>>14379

I don't know, Marisa seems to like Kourin well enough, and heaven knows that man is close enough in personality. Landlordanon is certainly more gentlemanly in several regards, and much more polite, but...

Oh, can we combine them? Can we have her designate us her arch-nemesis while simultaneously being driven by a crush that she barely understands? A little FoeYay-ridden rivalry?
>> No. 14381
>>14380
A tsundere Marisa?
I can dig it.
>> No. 14382
[X] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother - her self proclaimed 'arch nemesis'.
[X] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother. She was terrible at concealing that little crush on him, wasn't she?

I like both.
>> No. 14383
[X] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother - her self proclaimed 'arch nemesis'.
[X] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother. She was terrible at concealing that little crush on him, wasn't she
>> No. 14384
[X] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother - her self proclaimed 'arch nemesis'.
[X] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother. She was terrible at concealing that little crush on him, wasn't she?
>> No. 14385
[X] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother - her self proclaimed 'arch nemesis'.
[X] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother. She was terrible at concealing that little crush on him, wasn't she?
>> No. 14388
[X] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother - her self proclaimed 'arch nemesis'.
[X] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother. She was terrible at concealing that little crush on him, wasn't she?
>> No. 14390
[X] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother - her self proclaimed 'arch nemesis'.
[X] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother. She was terrible at concealing that little crush on him, wasn't she?
>> No. 14391
As much as the like the arch-nemesis choice....Landlordanon doesn't know any magics.
>> No. 14392
>>14391

So what? Last time Landlordanon and Marisa met they would have been children. Children don't need good reasons for much of anything, let alone declaring someone an arch-nemesis.
>> No. 14397
[x] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother. They're friendly rivals arn't they?
>> No. 14398
[x] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother - her self proclaimed 'arch nemesis'.
[x] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother. She was terrible at concealing that little crush on him, wasn't she?
>> No. 14399
[x] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother - her self proclaimed 'arch nemesis'.
[x] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother. She was terrible at concealing that little crush on him, wasn't she?
>> No. 14410
[x] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother - her self proclaimed 'arch nemesis'.
[x] During the course of the journey, the conversation oddly comes to Marisa and her relationship in general with your cute little brother. She was terrible at concealing that little crush on him, wasn't she?
>> No. 14439
>>14382 ------ >>14410
should have been expecting this.
Though, from my viewpoint, Marisa is less of "tsundere", and more of being openly hostile, yet unable to justify or identify the reason why the protagonist rubs her the wrong way.

Some people naturally click together,others mix and go off like a pet bottle rocket.

Writing might be late; I've got a piece of homework that might take a while.