[Return]
Archived thread

File 123072269019.png - (878.35KB , 720x600 , 1d8fc79f0ca67c205311218df3bdd90e.png ) [iqdb]
12954 No. 12954
Every choice is a beginning, and end, a journey and a destination all in one.

04/21/2009.Tu Early Morning

A chirpy, incessant ringing wakes you up.

You struggle from the sticky clutches of sleep as you reach out to shut off your digital alarm clock. A groan escapes your lips as your hand slaps vainly down on the bedside table, barely missing the clock. With another groggy swing of your hand, the alarm stops and silence blankets the room.

You rouse yourself from bed, letting the covers slide off you. Rubbing the sleep from your eyes, you sit up in bed and stretch your legs out. The windows were still dark, but you could see through the curtains the first light of morning. The quiet made it seem to you that the whole world was still asleep. It was like you woke up the exact same time the world was just about to. For some reason, this thought gratified the fact that you purposefully set your alarm early today.

You stand up and walk to the bathroom. You turn the light on and it takes your eyes a moment to adjust to the glaring brightness. The first thing on your mind is to just wash up a bit, since you know that it’s still a bit too early to start preparing for the day.

>> No. 12955
File 12307228339.png - (157.43KB , 320x320 , untitled.png ) [iqdb]
12955
The cold water on your face and hands was enough to bring you completely into alert wakefulness. You watch as the girl in the mirror dried herself off; her short blue hair, deep blue eyes and expression all gave her an air of indifference, but at least you know—and hoped others knew—that this girl wasn’t just some boring person who cared little and showed nothing for herself.

For a moment, your thoughts wander into the slightly awkward territory of what others will think of you. Your look of indifference, probably what others take as coldness… your average figure… and the fact that you’re new to the school. Not that all of this was of incredible importance to you, but it was still something to consider.

As you walk out of your bathroom, you wonder seriously about what your new school will be like. You recall that you already gave yourself your few moments of apprehension back when you first arrived here, but the uneasiness associated with having to adjust to a new life and surroundings was still understandably with you.
>> No. 12963
File 123072403292.jpg - (36.68KB , 500x542 , 9c9727c4af9362a0122edc782fe3a704.jpg ) [iqdb]
12963
[Flashback]
04/19/2009.Su Afternoon

Two days before, you only managed a quick look at the private school you’ll be attending as your taxi drove past. None of the tenants met you as you arrived at the apartment building. The landlady met you as you got off your taxi. She was a clean-looking woman, although you immediately saw—who wouldn’t?—that she was more on the… overweight side of the pounds spectrum. She introduced herself as Letty Whiterock, and she immediately gave you the impression of being a nice, pleasant lady.

She helped you unload the few possessions you had with you, and didn’t ask any personal questions at first. She only talked about how you’ll probably love it here, and how the other tenants were also just around your age—Letty said she only took in students who attend the private school you’ll soon be going to as well, and that you won’t have any problems making new friends. She didn’t immediately ask for your name, and when you realized this, you first thought it was a bit weird, but when you considered that she accepted you so openly anyway, it seemed then to be quite a warm gesture.

When you finished unloading, you looked up at the apartment building and thought that it appeared more expensive than how much you knew you were paying for. Letty ushered you in, and as you entered what was apparently the lobby, you couldn’t help but feel like you were entering a hotel or actual school dormitory.

There was a front desk, behind which hung the room keys. There was a large, polished table, surrounded by comfortable-looking couches. There were potted plants in the corners and beside windows. There was even a carpet, and although you didn’t know if it was the expensive or cheap kind, it mattered little; everything looked eloquent yet serious. Letty didn’t say much about the lobby and only quietly helped you carry your things to your room.

She walked you back to the lobby and offered you some tea or coffee, insisting she talk to you before you unpacked. As you sat on one of the couches and as she took a seat right beside you, she smiled and eagerly put down a tray with two cups and some cookies.

You remembered that you asked for…

[_] coffee
[_] tea
[_] (insert drink here)

… and as Letty sat down, you *

[_] apologize immediately for any trouble and thank her for the tea and cookies
[_] introduce yourself to Letty after she settles into her seat
[_] pick up your cup and kindly wait for Letty to speak before saying anything yourself
[_] eagerly introduce yourself and compliment her on her auspicious apartment

You speak your name out carefully;

[_] (insert name here)
>> No. 12964
File 123072408046.jpg - (181.44KB , 707x690 , hello.jpg ) [iqdb]
12964
= = =

Hello, good reader. This if my first ever CYOA on this and any board in existence. Some of you may recognize, sooner or later, of de ja vu created by allusions to ‘Reaching Out To The Truth’, another CYOA here that was cut short. Having known Virthra for a while and having helped a bit with the production of his CYOA, I was privy to much of the story he wanted to work with. I take that story now, and I’ll present it in a different way and with a unique system. Don’t worry; think of this as making a cake using the same batch of flour and sugar but with a very different recipe and a lot of other extra ingredients.

I’ll also recycle some of his notes.

This is a crossover CYOA between Touhou and Persona 3 and 4. There’s no need to know the story of the games to understand the CYOA.

WARNING: This story MAY give spoilers, including but not limited to the forms Personae take and possibly a bit of a glimpse into P4’s overall story. If you’re very sensitive to spoilers, I advise that you finish playing through P4 first. None of this is too heavily based off the games’ story, however, so there’s no need to fear too much.

Important Notes:
- There will only be a moderate level of control given over the MC’s story throughout the days of her life here, completely to the discretion of the Author. Choice control will only be given during important decisions or events, or perhaps some of the MC’s character-development opportunities. I’ve tried to make up for this by introducing a unique system that will allow readers to affect even the choices that aren’t given direct control over, namely the Temperament system (explained later.)

- MC’s gender is locked in female, and her appearance may remain as how she’s described and such, unless for good reason (haircuts, contact lenses, etc.)

- There will be males in the story. Just in case you’re imagining good ways to kill me now, here’s the rationale: Women aren’t the only people affected by traumatizing or extremely stressing situations, and by extension, aren’t the only ones possibly given Personae. However, rest assured that at most, only one male will ever influence the story and interact with the MC to any significant degree. The rest will only be background scenery or fodder, in honor of the fact that there are no males in Gensokyo.

No, there won’t be romantic interests discussed with the males to much degree, only enough to give the feel of being in a believable social environment.

- Virthra knows about this completely. I will use part of the story material he intended for ROTTT, but not all, for good reason.
>> No. 12965
File 123072413064.jpg - (263.45KB , 804x624 , VN_sample2.jpg ) [iqdb]
12965
= = =

The Temperament System aka If You tl;dr This, You’ll Miss Out

If you would recall, there were two opportunities for choice given. One for which drink you would like, and one that had an asterisk.

… as Letty sat down, you *

All choice junctures like these which are indicated by an asterisk are always followed by only four choices, randomly arranged.

Each choice represents one of each ‘temperament’: Aggressive, Eager, Polite, and Defensive.

If you pay attention, it will be easy to see which choices represent which temperament. For every choice taken, the MC’s character will shift towards the temperament selected. Using this, it becomes possible to influence how the MC acts and reacts even when you’re not given choices.

For example, when ‘Defensive’ choices are made, the MC will generally act reserved and on the shy side in most, if not all, situations, and whenever non-Temperament choices are given, most of them will lead to the MC acting reserved and a bit on the shy side, although this will not always be the case.

The temperament system influences how other characters may react to you, the MC’s dialogue, character, choices and reactions when a choice is not given, and even how your MC fights (and fares…) in battles, down to her cheesy one-liners about the power of friendship or the l33tness of her skills.

A temperament ‘counter’ is shown every once in a while or when you good readers ask for it, along with the current calendar date and time, and the MC’s current purse.

For example:

<MC> is Aggressive today.
4/22/2009, Evening
3200 Y

The temperament counter resets somewhat after every day or when it is stated, but is not completely discarded. This gives leeway for moodswings and such, while not completely throwing away the past day’s temperament and possible rationale for impressions that the other characters will have made about the MC.

Temperament in combat will be explained later on.

That’s all for now, good reader. Enjoy, and have a good day.
>> No. 12966
P.S.

Terribly sorry about the multiple reposts. Wasn't my fault, and the person responsible is broken now, which is a nice way of saying he knows it's his fault and he's sorry.
>> No. 12969
File 123073101510.jpg - (253.27KB , 600x800 , 122309579499.jpg ) [iqdb]
12969
>there are no males in Gensokyo.

My friend would like to Disagree with you.
>> No. 12971
... long story as to why that wasn't edited out.

Still the fault of the guy I broke.

Sorry about that.

Happy New Year, btw.
>> No. 12972
[X] Tea
[X] Apologize immediately for any trouble and thank her for the tea and cookies

Can't think of any good name though...
>> No. 12981
File 123074375741.jpg - (444.52KB , 800x1122 , 123073807688.jpg ) [iqdb]
12981
Here I am, returning after a period of unexplained stagnation. This post is for confirmation that I do acknowledge and accept Leito's stealing taking over my story. In fact, I was the one who first proposed it to him, and he was interested. Quite frankly, I'm a bit surprised he did.

That will be all, Happy New Year to all. Enjoy your holiday.
>> No. 12982
[x] Tea.
[x] Introduce yourself to Letty after she settles into her seat.
[x] Cirno Bissi
>> No. 12984
>>12981

You still owe us a story about Reimu being molested by Bissi, Marisa, and Suika damnit
>> No. 12985
File 123075010676.jpg - (30.30KB , 640x480 , 1220281804189.jpg ) [iqdb]
12985
>>12984

Well, you have to excuse me about that, and hope Leito'll play a similar scene, or better.

You need to hope hard too, chance of that happening is as thin as a nail.
>> No. 12987
>>12985

You borderline railroaded us into that choice and then you backed out on it. щ(゚Д゚щ)
>> No. 12988
[x] espresso (you're Italian)
[x] Cirno Bissi
[x] eagerly introduce yourself and compliment her on her auspicious apartment
>> No. 12990
File 12307537416.png - (225.37KB , 480x360 , untitled2.png ) [iqdb]
12990
>>12987

...you got me. I left you guys hanging without any news whatsoever. I can't say anything but sorry, about that. I have no excuse.
>> No. 12991
[x] espresso (you're Italian)
[x] Cirno Bissi
[x] eagerly introduce yourself and compliment her on her auspicious apartment

>>12990
Then write it out whenever you get the chance to at least end with a bang as opposed to a a whimper instead of just apologizing.
>> No. 12994
>>12991

No. Sorry, but I won't. I've decided to abandon ROT3 and restart it, with Leito as the new writer. I won't ever return to ROT3 anymore, even to finish that one scene with an abrupt bang. There's not much point in wanting to get that scene finished solely for fanservice purpose. My writing skill is below average, nothing would come out of it.

If I'm to repay this debt to you guys, then I say I'll do it with working on EoS. Consider it a retcon of ROT3. There is nothing but EoS now, though I won't deny ROT3 ever exists. Hey, Leito here is a skilled writer, even more skilled than I'll ever be. I'm sure he'll be able to deliver something you guys would appreciate more than whatever I can come up with.

This doesn't mean that I wash my hand off my own story. Leito might be the one who wrote it now, but it was still originally my story. I will be here, helping him from the shadow like he helped me on ROT3, and more. You can say that this crossover story is now a joint project, rather than a solo fight of a lone writefag as it was.
>> No. 13003
Guys, you sure you wanna name your MC 'Cirno Bissi'? I mean, okay, I won't call a votespam or bandwagon here, and I wouldn't really question your choices since this is a CYOA after all, but... eh. Just think about it. However, if no other dissenting considerable votes are given, Cirno Bissi it shall be.

>>12985
> You need to hope hard too, chance of that happening is as thin as a nail.

BLASPHEMY. RAILROADING. GTFO MY WRITING STUDIO. YOU KNOW NOTHING!
>> No. 13007
>>13003

So there's still a chance we'll get delicious yuri rape scenes?
>> No. 13020
>>13003

Pfft, if you say so.

Also, MOAR VOTESPENE GAS would be very much appreciated.
>> No. 13022
[x] espresso (you're Italian)
[x] Cirno Bissi
[x] eagerly introduce yourself and compliment her on her auspicious apartment

We had a good thing going on last game, we're going to try to keep it that way.
>> No. 13027
[x] espresso (you're Italian)
[x] Cirno Bissi
[x] eagerly introduce yourself and compliment her on her auspicious apartment
>> No. 13046
File 123082362438.jpg - (72.70KB , 400x400 , 81e33f134fba2a274bdd09a5d823d505.jpg ) [iqdb]
13046
[x] espresso (you're Italian)
[x] Cirno Bissi
[x] eagerly introduce yourself and compliment her on her auspicious apartment

Cirno is Aggressive today.
4/19/2009.Su Afternoon
2382 Y


“Thanks. My name’s Cirno, by the way. Cirno Bissi. Great place you have here, Letty-san.”

You grinned at her as you picked up your cup. You couldn’t help but let out a satisfied hum as you admired the delicate crema and the heat radiating through the cup and into your fingers. The espresso was probably not perfect, but you remember thinking that it could be close, by how it looked.

You didn’t need to wait for Letty’s approval to praise her. “I’m a bit surprised you have an espresso machine, though. Although maybe I shouldn’t be, considering all this…”

You took a good look around the apartment, before setting your eyes back on the landlady. She responded with a soft giggle. “Cirno-chan! Oh, oh, I’m glad you liked it. It wasn’t easy, I guess, but it’s worth it.” She sounded quite pleased to know your name. You wondered if it was somehow familiar to her or such.

She took a sip from her cup of tea. Strangely, she seemed to hesitate and then glance quickly at you before picking up a cookie and gingerly eating it.

She had wide, blue eyes and soft bluish-white hair that reminded you of snow. You recognized the look on her face after a few moments of staring at her; she was feeling a bit guilty.

“Well, anyway,” Letty said, looking back at you, “you seem like an energetic girl, Cirno-chan. I’ll just lay down a bit of the house rules, okay?”

You picked up a few cookies and began chewing on one thoughtfully as you nodded your assent. Letty started telling you of the rules of the apartment—‘no boys’ rule, when trash days are, the laundry room’s guidelines, curfew times—and you nodded for each while enjoying her cookies and finishing the still-hot espresso.

Letty spoke concisely but easily, an obvious sign that she was used to doing this. “That’ll be ten in the evening except for midnight on Saturdays. I’ll ask you to follow the curfew because you will need your sleep for schoolwork. Early to bed and early to rise… and of course, the early bird catches the bookworm!”

You were glad you had emptied the espresso already. The cup you were holding by your fingers tipped over as your hold relaxed, and your jaw slackened a bit mid-chew.

Letty was all smiles. You, however, suddenly felt you needed some time to… maybe say something.

“Get it? Early birds catch the worm, and bookworms, well, they read a lot, and if you go to sleep early and… you wake up early, making you an early bird…”

By this time, you already knew what she was trying to say, but you had nothing to reply to it so far, although your mind was torn between working full-tilt at working out a proper response and just letting it slide as if it never happened.

“… and you get the bookworm. Not that I mean to eat bookworms, but when you study, you need to be a bookworm at times, too, so…”

You began to filter out the parts that made sense, desperately trying to store away the house rules to memory before they’re contaminated by early birds catching bookworms.

You realized too late that it was too late.

You swallowed the half-chewed cookie crumbs in your mouth and abruptly cut her off. “H-Hey Letty-san, anyway, where are the other tenants?” You put your cup down and adjusted in your seat. “You said we were all students from the school, right?”

Letty blinked, as if finally coming back to her senses. “Ah… right… You’ll meet them all later.”

She put her own cup down and dusted her hands off on the apron she wore. She looked up at you again and smiled a small smile. “Well, I guess this is enough for today. I think you’ll want to get back to your room now and get settled. Shall we, then?”

You looked at her quizzically as she stood up. “Oh… Uh… sure.”

You went up the stairs after her, and although you felt a bit like you were left hanging, Letty didn’t seem to want to leave much room for further discussion.

The both of you headed to your room. You didn’t like being left on the hook, so you decided to prod Letty. “What do you mean when you said ‘later’? Are they all out today or something? I hoped I could at least meet a couple of them today.”

Letty didn’t answer. Although it all now seemed quite strange to you, she looked a bit uncomfortable, herself. You arrived at your room—at the end of the hall of the second floor—and she hesitated before opening the door.

“… Letty-san?”

She twisted the doorknob, and a sudden loud knock came from the other side of the door. You were suddenly alert, and as you glanced from your door back to Letty Whiterock, you were seized by the urge to act. The landlady had pulled her hand away from the door and looked surprised, although there was something about her shock that… didn’t feel like how you’d imagine it should.

Something seemed off to you, and it wasn’t just about the noise coming from your supposedly unoccupied room. You glanced at Letty and quickly stepped over to take the doorknob yourself.

“Letty-san, be careful…”

You counted off in your head—one… two… three—and then suddenly twisted the doorknob before kicking it open into the room.

You first thought was that of a massive crowd gathered in your room, ready to pounce. There was a yelp, as if somebody had been standing behind the door when you kicked it in, barely missing this person. You realized it was the voice of a girl.

You stood with your eyes wide open at the threshold of your apartment room, and the crowned turned out to just be a few people, all girls, who were staring right back at you with a look that almost literally screamed, We’ve been found out!

The stepladder fell to the floor with a riotous clash, and the room erupted in a swirl of movement and panic and yelling girls.
>> No. 13048
File 123082462999.jpg - (241.21KB , 700x650 , 171b253cabd001de79252db292dbefb3.jpg ) [iqdb]
13048
4/19/2009.Su Evening

A banner hung taped across one wall. The banner, in thickly stenciled rainbow-colored kanji, proclaimed “Welcome Home”. It was this that they were trying to set up as the final touch right before you prematurely came into the room.

“Wow, you really surprised us, Bissi-san. And this was supposed to be a surprise party for you!

Since everyone already got around to introducing themselves to you after what happened, you knew that the one speaking to you was Lyrica. She had brown hair and a wide grin, and looked like she still hasn’t gotten over the excitement of the near-disaster that pre-empted this little surprise party. She leaned towards you from where she sat behind her electric organ, holding a cup of juice in one hand. Like her two elder sisters, she sported short, loose hair, and had the same, shining amber eyes.

Sharing her seat was her sister, Merlin, who was playing around with one of the many balloons that managed to survive the accident. Her hair was a shade of purplish white, somehow reminding you of Letty’s snow-like hair. Merlin kept throwing the balloon up and then holding it by the string, and as yet another look of disappointment crossed her face, you realized that she wanted the balloon to stay up but didn’t realize that it just would not.

“Hey Lunasa,” Merlin cooed, addressing her elder sister. “Why won’t the balloon stay up?”

You moved your gaze over to the eldest of the Prismriver sisters, who sat calmly on your bed beside you. Her blond hair looked a bit neater than her younger siblings’. She was using a small dessert fork to carefully eat a slice of cake. She looked at Merlin and shook her head. “Sorry, Merlin-chan, but helium makes balloons float. That balloon is unfortunately filled with ordinary air.”

Lunasa always carried an air and manner of politesse about her, even towards her own sisters. Merlin didn’t seem to understand what she was just told, in any case. “He… lium?”

She untied the balloon, let out all the air… and then began to yell ‘helium’ while blowing air into the balloon, making a poor job of it all the while.

Tewi Inaba, a small girl with short, dark hair, broke out laughing when she saw what Merlin was trying to do. “W-wow… That’s… That’s amazing, Merlin-chan! A little more and you might be able to get that balloon to go up to the moon!”

Merlin looked over at Tewi with what you saw as a look of surprise, the same look you thought you’d see on someone who was just handed a valuable treasure. The… airheaded… Prismriver didn’t stop ‘helium’-blowing her balloon, and instead redoubled her efforts. Tewi rolled over in laughter, almost knocking over Luciole.

Luciole Lirimia, a shy, slightly awkward and somehow endearing girl, was one of the last who introduced herself to you. She was also the one who was on top of the stepladder, trying to tack up the banner, when you came in. She stretched out too far, lost balance, and took the stepladder with her before it hit the wall, which made that loud knock you heard… and then the ladder later slid down anyway, crashing down almost on top of Lunasa.

Luciole had wanted to do her part, but you were just happy that none of them were injured, and did tell her so when she started apologizing. It was this shy, clumsy girl who was then stepping back from Tewi with a whimper, almost spilling juice from her cup. She said something that sounded French—which didn’t surprise you, since she did say that she was born in France. Luciole backed away and cradled her cup of juice as she walked back to Cirno’s side.

When Cirno caught your attention, you felt a bit like chuckling. It really was surprising, and strangely amusing, how two girls with the same first names and somehow related birthplaces would wind up living in the same apartment complex, and going to the same school. It also surprised you to know that she was Letty’s daughter, and you remember how the landlady was giddy as she revealed all this to you—“Now I have two Cirno-chans to take care of! I have to prepare myself on the double!”

The short time it took you back then to figure it out was also enough for you to see that you weren’t the only one who inwardly groaned.

Ever since Letty said that, though, you realized that Cirno had begun to look at you in a way that made you feel a slight twinge of apprehension. You wondered why this was, but resolved to just act on good terms with Cirno Whiterock, since she didn’t really look mean in any way, and you were certain her mother certainly would be a good influence… for the most part.

A hand fell on your shoulder, shaking you from your thoughts. Marisa sat down between you and Lunasa, holding a cup of juice in one hand and a plate with a slice of cake in the other. She thrust the plate towards you with an eager flourish.

“Here, lighten up! Don’t think so much! It’s your party!”

Marisa Kirisame put the plate in your hands. You smiled back at her and took the proffered slice, laughing. “Ah, right. Of course…”

The girl with long, blond, braided hair and bright yellow eyes began prodding you, and she seemed particularly interested in your life before you came to Japan.

“So, Chibi-chan, tell us about… where was it again? Germany?”

You heard Marisa say Chibi-chan, and realized who she might be referring to. You

[_] narrow your eyes at her and say, with a skeptical and slightly uncomfortable tone, “Chibi… chan?”
[_] take a moment, but then burst out laughing, since it sounded so catchy and at least made more sense than a bad pun. “Chibi-chan! I like that!”
[_] (insert response here)

You correct her, of course, clarifying that you’re from

[_] Italy
[_] (insert country of origin here)

and with the others listening, you tell them a bit more about your background.

[_] (insert: your birthplace or anything about it, and/or why you moved)
>> No. 13052
[x] narrow your eyes at her and say, with a skeptical and slightly uncomfortable tone, “Chibi… chan?”
[x] Italy
[x] Born in Courmayeur, where you actively participated in the arts, primarily painting, and then sports/recreational activities such as basketball, skiing and fencing. You moved to broaden your horizons and experience another culture. You hope to have a great time and enjoy the many wonderful things you were told about Japan before leaving your home country that you don't have where you come from and would serve well to fulfill your hopes such as arcades and Japanese religion.


I think that should about cover almost everything from last time, but I've been up for 24 hours now so not entirely certain.
>> No. 13055
[x] narrow your eyes at her and say, with a skeptical and slightly uncomfortable tone, “Chibi… chan?”
[x] Italy
[x] Born in Courmayeur, where you actively participated in the arts, primarily painting, and then sports/recreational activities such as basketball, skiing and fencing. You moved to broaden your horizons and experience another culture. You hope to have a great time and enjoy the many wonderful things you were told about Japan before leaving your home country that you don't have where you come from and would serve well to fulfill your hopes such as arcades and Japanese religion.
>> No. 13056
[x] narrow your eyes at her and say, with a skeptical and slightly uncomfortable tone, “Chibi… chan?”
[x] Italy
[x] Born in Courmayeur, where you actively participated in the arts, primarily painting, and then sports/recreational activities such as basketball, skiing and fencing. You moved to broaden your horizons and experience another culture. You hope to have a great time and enjoy the many wonderful things you were told about Japan before leaving your home country that you don't have where you come from and would serve well to fulfill your hopes such as arcades and Japanese religion.
>> No. 13059
>>13007
Since Leito isn't answering, I guess I will. I'll answer with "apparently so" since Leito seems fine with yuri some fanservice. Still, in the end, it all comes down to you anons and your votes to make the decisions. It may or may not be similar to what I wanted for ROT3, or even, it may be better with him in charge. We'll see.
>> No. 13060
[x] narrow your eyes at her and say, with a skeptical and slightly uncomfortable tone, “Chibi… chan?”
[x] Italy
[x] Born in Courmayeur, where you actively participated in the arts, primarily painting, and then sports/recreational activities such as basketball, skiing and fencing. You moved to broaden your horizons and experience another culture. You hope to have a great time and enjoy the many wonderful things you were told about Japan before leaving your home country that you don't have where you come from and would serve well to fulfill your hopes such as arcades and Japanese religion.
>> No. 13062
Now that I've actually had some sleep, I found I left out a few things regarding our backgrounds in each of the interests mentioned, but oh well. We're not trying to go all out here I'd assume and probably can leave those off for later.
>> No. 13070
>>13059

I'll make sure to destroy your internet connection if ever the yuri comes around so everyone enjoys it except for you.

>>13052

>[x] Born in Courmayeur, where you actively participated in the arts, primarily painting, and then sports/recreational activities such as basketball, skiing and fencing. You moved to broaden your horizons and experience another culture. You hope to have a great time and enjoy the many wonderful things you were told about Japan before leaving your home country that you don't have where you come from and would serve well to fulfill your hopes such as arcades and Japanese religion.

Alrighty, then. Wasn't really expecting too much effort to be put into that question, but I'll be happy to work with this.

*starts on the update*
>> No. 13074
File 123087387441.jpg - (107.96KB , 300x309 , 1225868506675.jpg ) [iqdb]
13074
>>13070
>> No. 13077
>>13070

Never underestimate one man's determination to guide this story along the path we had before since we had a good thing going. There was that potential Suika x Cirno action later on to try to make happen after all.
>> No. 13138
File 12309929627.jpg - (63.31KB , 480x524 , cat_ignore.jpg ) [iqdb]
13138
>>13074

Everyone just ignore this guy. When his net is down, he won't be able to complain anyway. evillol

>>13077

>Never underestimate one man's determination to guide this story along

Gotta love the bandwagon, though.
>> No. 13139
File 12310032362.jpg - (43.75KB , 640x480 , smirk.jpg ) [iqdb]
13139
Oh ho, Leito. So you are his successor eh?
Hope you don't end up the same fate like him.
>> No. 13140
>>13138

As long as the one leading the band wagon knows what he's doing
>> No. 13142
File 123101839762.jpg - (259.08KB , 700x615 , cirno.jpg ) [iqdb]
13142
>>13139

Indeed. Virthra was burned in a fire; we'll burn you with ice.
>> No. 13144
>>13139
You're back!
>> No. 13147
Updates?
>> No. 13149
>>13139

Ew no. I beat the crap out of him for dropping the project and then decided not to waste the good material.

And yeah, updates are in the works. Sorry, real life distracted me.
>> No. 13152
File 123105056445.jpg - (88.14KB , 521x622 , cirno75628dgsff87f979725809adf.jpg ) [iqdb]
13152
[x] narrow your eyes at her and say, with a skeptical and slightly uncomfortable tone, “Chibi… chan?”
[x] Italy
[x] Born in Courmayeur, where you actively participated in the arts, primarily painting, and then sports/recreational activities such as basketball, skiing and fencing. You moved to broaden your horizons and experience another culture. You hope to have a great time and enjoy the many wonderful things you were told about Japan before leaving your home country that you don't have where you come from and would serve well to fulfill your hopes such as arcades and Japanese religion.

You narrowed your eyes at Marisa. You say to her, with a skeptical and uncomfortable tone, “Chibi… chan?”

Recognizing your awkward look, Marisa whimpered. “What, you don’t get it? Cirno, Bissi? Chi, Bi! It’s nice, isn’t it? It is!”

After she explained it,

[_] you thought it was an acceptable nickname, and decided to let her keep using it.
[_] you raised an eyebrow and resolved to warn her against using it if ever she tries calling you that again.

Marisa bounced up and down on your bed, giggling “So, anyway, tell us about Normandy!”

You replied, loudly and deliberately, “No, I’m from Italy. I-ta-li-a!

Lunasa turned her attention to you and asked, “Where exactly in Italy, Bissi-san?”

You doubted if most of the people in the room had ever heard of your birthplace, but you answered the question nonetheless.

“Courmayeur. It’s in Italy’s north. It’s a really nice, very small town where I got to ski a lot. It can get really crowded with tourists, but it’s a great place.”

Tewi butt in. “Oh, hey, hey, how do you remember it happened, the first time you fell on your face while trying to ski?”

“Now, now,” Letty said sternly, “don’t ask about things like that. Be nice to Cirno-chan.”

You looked at Tewi and, with a serious face, said, “I wouldn’t know. I haven’t had the pleasure of experiencing a fall before…”

The room erupted in laughter when everyone saw Tewi’s look of disbelief. Lyrica tapped several high notes on her keyboard in glee, and even Luciole looked like she was fighting back a giggle. Cirno Whiterock, however, pouted and looked away, crossing her arms over her chest.

Marisa grabbed your attention again. “But hey, that’s pretty nice. By how you say it, you must at least be some good on skis. What else were you up to back in Curemayor?”

Courmayeur!” You corrected her again, laughing. “Well, a lot of stuff.” You motioned to Lyrica’s piano and said, “I can still play a few notes, I’m sure, and I tried a lot of creative things back home. I love painting, though. That’s probably what I liked the most…”

“Painting?!” Marisa looked at you skeptically. “A girl like you, painting? I don’t think it even suits you!”

“Hey, I still liked it,” you said matter-of-factly, “I played basketball, too. And I’ve been studying fencing for a while before I came here.”

“Really?!” Marisa exclaimed. Letty clapped her hands lightly while Lyrica looked at you as she rubbed her chin in thought. You saw a look of disapproval from Cirno, though, as if she thought you were saying things you weren’t supposed to.

Luciole looked at you with admiration, her hands clasped in front of her. “A-Amazing…! And you’re so young…”

You saw Cirno stand up with a huff. She went over to where your welcome cake was and began to help herself, literally chopping off huge slices as if she could eat the entire cake herself. She seemed to be intending to, and her annoyed way of going about it made you see that she was doing it in an attempt to spite you.

Merlin looked around, quite confused. “Fencing? What’s that?”

You stood up from your bed. “It’s like this,” you said, moving into a middle guard and with your dessert fork as your epee. You took a practiced step, a thrust and a follow-through, eliciting more appreciative responses from the others.

Marisa couldn’t help herself. She snatched Lunasa’s fork and stood up to cross tines with you, catching you a bit off guard with the suddenness. “Let’s see how your swordplay fares against my skill! In guard!” You decided not to correct her that time around, and were quick to oblige.

You remember loving how Lunasa just sighed and got another fork to finish her cake with.
>> No. 13153
File 12310506136.jpg - (459.94KB , 800x600 , 79f6d4fb6c4c42d4567162f51aeb3ad7.jpg ) [iqdb]
13153
The Prismrivers played a piece for you that night, after everyone noticed that much of the cake was already gone—mostly due to Cirno Whiterock’s efforts. The three sisters were quite earnest in their performance. It surprised you that Merlin was leading; her notes on her oboe were energetic and quick, and although it seemed to you like she was just playing on a whim, you realized that her piece still came together. It was playful and unfettered, as if she was reaching a hand out and asking you to have fun with her.

Lyrica accompanied with light notes on her electric organ, while Lunasa came in later with her violin. The latter’s entry wound the performance down slowly, much to Merlin’s chagrin afterwards, but you all appreciated the fact that they played well.

After they were done, Letty reminded everyone that it was a Monday tomorrow and began cleaning up. You volunteered yourself, and you began by helping Luciole take down the banner Marisa made.

“By the way,” Luciole said in a quiet voice as she helped you fold up the flamboyant piece of work, “why did you decide to come here to Japan, Bissi-san?”

Marisa looked over the cups and plates she was stacking, “Mmm, yeah… anything in particular?”

Lyrica smiled mischievously as she was packing up her electric organ. “Or maybe… anyone? Hehe…”

You shake your head. “Nothing too particular. I kept hearing about so many interesting things in Japan even though it’s so far from where I lived, and I thought I’d like to stay here for a while… Ah, thanks, Luciole-san.”

Luciole smiled and handed the folded-up banner to you. “If you’d like, you can call me Luci-chan.”

You smile back. “Ahaha… Alright. Since you say so.” You watched as Tewi took some of the plastic cups and began to stack them up triangularly before Cirno walked over and took them back. “Japan sounds like a peaceful place, after all,” you continued, “so I didn’t think I should pass on any opportunity to study here. There are so many things here that I’d never think of seeing back in Courmayeur.”

“There are no Tewis in Italy?” Merlin asked, tilting her head to one side. “Maybe you’re not missing so much…”

Everyone was already winding down after the sisters’ small performance, even you, so you only managed a soft chuckle. “Even then, I wouldn’t think so… The religion in Japan sounds very interesting to me, too. I’d like to learn a lot more about that… and maybe go have fun at an arcade once in a while as long as I’m studying here.”

Marisa seemed to light up at that idea. “Ooh, I’ll take you to an arcade next weekend. It’s decided.”

You laugh and shrug. “I guess we’ll see…”

Without warning, the three Prismriver sisters hugged you at the same time before picking up their instrument cases and leaving. Luciole bade you goodnight and left with Cirno, the two of them sharing the plates and cups between them.

You realized that some of the cake survived, after all; you saw Letty give Tewi a plate with a considerable slice. “Don’t forget to give this to Rei-chan, okay?”

You turn to Tewi and ask her, “Rei-chan? Your sister?”

She nodded as she eyed the cake before looking up at you. “Mm. Reisen Inaba, my big sister.”

You wondered if her big sister was anything like her. You assumed that since Letty sounded like she was in very good terms with Reisen, she must be a resident here as well. “Is Reisen-san sick today? Maybe we should go visit her…”

Tewi shook her head. “Nah… she’s just… eh, somewhere. Just after she finished helping us prepare for the party, she said she had to go do something important and told us not to wait for her. I guess she was right…”
>> No. 13155
File 123105082955.jpg - (111.81KB , 586x586 , 2546g2462f2asf5w4.jpg ) [iqdb]
13155
Marisa waited for everyone else to leave before turning to you. She stared at you quietly for a few moments, and you couldn’t help but think she might have something she wanted to ask.

“Erm… Marisa-san?”

She suddenly put her hands on her hips and grinned. “So, honored new apartment buddy! I am glad you enjoyed your time today! Which of us did you like the most, hm? I’m sure it’s me, and you can be honest now that it’s just the two of us.”

You were honestly not expecting that question.

[_] (pick a favorite and why)
[_] (don’t pick a favorite)
[_] “Oho? Of course you’re my favorite… I’ll always win against you in fork-fencing, so why not! Haha!”
>> No. 13157
Here’s the names list so far, in alphabetical order:

Reisen Inaba – haven’t met her, though
Tewi Inaba
Marisa Kirisame
Luciole Lirimia
Lunasa Prismriver
Merlin Prismriver
Lyrica Prismriver
Cirno Whiterock
Letty Whiterock

Sorry again for the delayed update, good readers. Real life has a way of doing that. The show goes on.

For anyone thinking that that was just a filler vote, it kinda is, but the next update will be up quickly once a favorite is picked of the residents you’ve met so far. Don’t worry; you’re obviously open to change your verdict later, but Marisa will develop a bit differently depending on which option you pick at this point.

P.S. Nice to see you around again, Kirin. Vote pl0x?
>> No. 13159
File 123105189872.jpg - (47.10KB , 675x582 , firehouse0.jpg ) [iqdb]
13159
>>13142

Pfft, you should have nuked him. He's obviously still alive; I see him around and I still have to put up with him. He's an epic cockroach.

Wow, I take any chance to smite the guy, don't I?
>> No. 13161
[X] you raised an eyebrow and resolved to warn her against using it if ever she tries calling you that again.

[X] Move in close to Marisa. Really close. Uncomfortably close. Violate her personal space until your lips are a hair's breadth from hers.
[X] "Oho? Do you want to be my favorite, Ma-ri-sa?"
[X] Blow on her lips lightly.
[X] Step back. "Ah, but my favorite is really Luci-chan! Shy and cute, that's my type~!"

Aggressive? I'll take aggressive to a whole new level!
>> No. 13164
>>13139
Mademoiselle, it has been long since we met. I miss you.
>>13142
>>13159
I wonder whether some random Goddess would grant me the power to summon Magatsu Izanagi? Ohoh, I'd welcome that power and I'm gonna use it straight away on you two. Expect two simultaneous foggy days by then.
>>13161
Oh wow. You sure about this?

So far we're in a stalemate, we'd need more votes before we can continue.
>> No. 13166
>Aggressive? I'll take aggressive to a whole new level!

*facepalm + lol*

oh wow how horneh rotfl

NEED MOAR VOTESPENE GAS
>> No. 13169
[X] Move in close to Marisa. Really close. Uncomfortably close. Violate her personal space until your lips are a hair's breadth from hers.
[X] "Oho? Do you want to be my favorite, Ma-ri-sa?"
[X] Blow on her lips lightly.
[X] Step back. "Ah, but my favorite is really Luci-chan! Shy and cute, that's my type~!"

lol sure
>> No. 13170
I have to say, the moment the very notion of violation of personal space was involved, I should have put a disclaimer:

'Won't happen exactly how you want it.'

Marisa'll react, so yeah. I don't want to work with dolls, after all... I'm way past that age.
>> No. 13172
[x] You thought it was an acceptable nickname, and decided to let her keep using it. Of course, you stated you were going to whine every time she said it and call her Maki-tan in retort.

[X] Move in close to Marisa. Really close. Uncomfortably close. Close enough that your lips are a hair's breadth from hers.
[X] "Oho? Do you want to be my favorite, Ma-ri-sa?"
[X] Blow on her lips lightly.
[X] Step back. "Ah, but my favorite is really Luci-chan! Shy and cute, that's my type~!"
[x] Wink at her
>> No. 13175
[x] You thought it was an acceptable nickname, and decided to let her keep using it. Of course, you stated you were going to whine every time she said it and call her Maki-tan in retort.

[x] Move in close to Marisa. Really close. Uncomfortably close. Close enough that your lips are a hair's breadth from hers.
[x] "Oho? Do you want to be my favorite, Ma-ri-sa?"
[x] Blow on her lips lightly.
[x] Step back. "Ah, but my favorite is really Luci-chan! Shy and cute, that's my type~!"
[x] Wink at her

I like it!
>> No. 13189
[x] You thought it was an acceptable nickname, and decided to let her keep using it. Of course, you stated you were going to whine every time she said it and call her Maki-tan in retort.

[x] Move in close to Marisa. Really close. Uncomfortably close. Close enough that your lips are a hair's breadth from hers.
[x] "Oho? Do you want to be my favorite, Ma-ri-sa?"
[x] Blow on her lips lightly.
[x] Step back. "Ah, but my favorite is really Luci-chan! Shy and cute, that's my type~!"
[x] Wink at her

Even better bandwagon option
>> No. 13193
>Maki-tan

LoL me likey

Update in the works. Expect it in a few hours. I told you guys it'd be quick...
>> No. 13195
File 123115115299.jpg - (71.24KB , 640x512 , 9645ef4df16390_full.jpg ) [iqdb]
13195
Oh, and before everyone gets carried away thinking I'm a whore for fanservice, I'll drop this rule right away so lines are drawn:

- Strict limitations over action control will be put in place when the choice juncture in question decides a turning point in the plot, or when the choice is a Temperament choice.

Just so everyone knows; I don't mind getting on the bandwagon, but I'm not letting that wagon drive itself over a cliff.

*goes back to work*
>> No. 13196
File 123115521868.jpg - (39.57KB , 513x270 , f78abcbd8666641db71a7ad0c5c18cab27c.jpg ) [iqdb]
13196
[x] You thought it was an acceptable nickname, and decided to let her keep using it. Of course, you stated you were going to whine every time she said it and call her Maki-tan in retort.

[x] Move in close to Marisa. Really close. Uncomfortably close. Close enough that your lips are a hair's breadth from hers.
[x] "Oho? Do you want to be my favorite, Ma-ri-sa?"
[x] Blow on her lips lightly.
[x] Step back. "Ah, but my favorite is really Luci-chan! Shy and cute, that's my type~!"
[x] Wink at her

You smirked and then slowly leaned towards Marisa as you took a step forward.

“Oho? What did you want me to say…” you lowered your voice, making it as throaty as you could manage. “‘Yes, you’re my favorite, Ma… ri… sa’?”

She had little time to react when you suddenly thrust yourself so close to her that you could have almost kissed her lips.

Marisa, her eyes widening in a look of barely disguised surprise, suddenly yelped and shoved out in reflex as you drew in close, and before you could react, you felt her hands slamming into your chest. You staggered backwards and almost lost your center of gravity, but your nimble reflexes were still honed enough for you to avoid a total fall.

You instead took one more step back and let yourself fall on your seat purposefully. “O-ow…”

Marisa blinked. “Erm… Cirno!” She rushed over to you, now looking worried. “I’m sorry! But hey! Wait, this is your fault!”

She reached a hand out to you to help you up, and you took it eagerly. You didn’t really need her help to stand back up, though; you pulled Marisa’s arm just enough to get her close. You blew on her lips as you stood up, surprising her again.

She stood back and huffed, her arms crossed over her chest. “You’re just being naughty, Chibi-chan! I know I’m a very likeable girl, but we’ve only just met, you know…”

She pouted and looked away, and you could see the uncomfortable expression on her face. You let out a laugh and waved your hand. “Ahaha, sorry. Just couldn’t help myself… Haha…”

She huffed again and pointed at you. “You know, just because I can’t beat you with a fork doesn’t mean you can make fun of me. I’m getting you back for this… And you still haven’t answered my question! Seriously, that is.”

You smiled and shrugged. “Heh. Well, if you must know, I think I kinda liked Luci-chan. She’s shy and cute… just my type…” You winked at Marisa as you said this.

“Mou..! I think we accidentally put something in your juice, is why you’re like this…” She seemed to lighten up again after she said this, though, and put her hands back on her hips. “But anyway… I’m glad you enjoyed yourself. Good night, then, Chibi-chan.” She turned to leave.

“Oh, hey… wait.”

Marisa turned to look at you. You rubbed your chin and said, “You know, if you’re going to call me Chibi-chan, you might as well ask me if I wanted you to keep calling me that.”

Marisa chortled and put her hand up against her chin in a show of mock arrogance. “Ohoho… Me, ask your permission to call you… Chibi-chan? But it’s a nice nickname… Chibi-chan that is…”

You crossed your arms and faced away. “I’ll probably whine every time you call me that, though… Maki-chan.”

Marisa smiled. “Ohoho… Maki-chan…” She relaxed and tilted her head to one side. “I actually like the sound of that… I think I just might let you call me that… Chibi-chan…”

You both laughed softly and ended that discussion in good spirits. You doubted Marisa would whine about being called Maki-chan, but you let it go at that. She bade you goodbye and you watched as she walked down the hallway. She noticed you were looking at her as she was opening the door to her room, and she stopped. She stuck her tongue out at you before jumping into her room. You thought you could hear the sound of her hitting something, but you didn’t go to check, and instead walked back into your room. You had a lot to do tomorrow; getting your picture taken for your ID, picking up your new uniform, and more. You remember going to sleep with the smell of your welcome cake still hanging about softly in the air.
>> No. 13197
File 123115533857.jpg - (142.20KB , 902x557 , 37mb.jpg ) [iqdb]
13197
04/21/2009.Tu Early Morning

(Will you arrange for a thank-you gift later for Letty and the others?)

[_] (Yeah! It’s the least I can do.)
[_] (Nah, no need. We all had fun, and that’s what counts.)
[_] (Of course… secretly, that is.)

You shake your head and smile to yourself as you remember your welcoming party. You remove yourself from your reminiscing before standing up and heading back into the bathroom. You start filling the bathtub and then move back into your room, turning on the light as you do so.

It is, admittedly, a simple room; television, your bed in one side and the door leading to the bathroom in the other. The door that leads out into the hallway was opposite the wall where the windows were, and under the windows were your study table and the computer. In one corner, opposite the computer, was the television.

If not for the size of your room, you’d have thought you were in a full-fledged hotel. You couldn’t help but think about how much Letty spent to furnish each room like this, since you assumed you weren’t a special case. The bathroom isn’t so bad either; polished fixtures, a bathtub with hot and cold water and a shower, smoked glass sliding doors, a medicine cabinet that was stocked before you got here, and a spotless commode that has a padded seat.

You remind yourself of the time: twenty minutes before six in the morning. You move to your closet and take out your school uniform; a simple affair with a dark blue skirt that would reach just above your knees, and a white button-down top under a dark blue jacket. You gently put the uniform down on your bed, making sure there are no un-ironed creases, and then prepare your shoes and underwear before heading in to take your bath.

You emerge from your bathroom half an hour later and began dressing. You open the curtains, letting the early morning light stream into your room, then turn off the lights.

You pick your watch up from your study table and put it on, checking to make sure it’s synchronized with your digital clock. You notice the folded-up banner from two days ago, sitting on one side of your table. ‘Welcome Home’, it said, and you appreciated its subtle message.

You sat down in your swiveling computer chair as you put on your socks and shoes.

(Will you check your email inbox?)

[_] (No, not like I’m expecting any email…)
[_] (Sure, couldn’t hurt. It won’t take me too long, after all.)
>> No. 13198
File 12311554436.jpg - (160.31KB , 200x800 , 644a85474ed09097cecad655e0bb3ee0.jpg ) [iqdb]
13198
You move down the stairs to the first floor lobby. Even before you get there, you already began hearing the murmur of conversation and the clinking of spoons and forks against plates.

The auspicious lobby of Letty’s apartment also doubled as half the dining room; a door to the back of the lobby lead into Letty’s own home, directly into her kitchen, where there is a large table and several more seats that could accommodate anyone who didn’t manage or want to get a seat at the lobby table.

You see almost everyone at the lobby table this morning, though, and those who were not seated on the floor around the table were standing behind the sofas. Only Letty and Cirno weren’t there.

Everyone is watching the LCD television that sat in one corner of the lobby. The anchorman seemed very grave, and a picture of a girl in her teens flashed beside his face. It seemed to you that a very serious topic was being talked about, as everyone gathered seemed to be talking in hushed voices among each other.

You *

[_] walk over to where the girls are gathered and quietly see what the news was about.
[_] walk over to where the girls are. “Good morning, everyone,” you say. “What’s this about?”
[_] approach the table and say in a low voice, making sure you’re not a disturbance, “Mornin’…”
[_] say, “Hey everyone, good morning!” Waving to anyone who turns to you, you go over to the table. “What’s up?”
>> No. 13200
>>13197

CIRNO BISSI

Anyway, good readers... on with the show!
>> No. 13202
[x] Yeah! It's the least I can do.
[x] Sure, couldn’t hurt. It won’t take me too long, after all.
[x] Walk over to where the girls are. “Good morning, everyone,” you say. “What’s this about?”
>> No. 13203
[x] Of course... secretly, that is.
[x] Sure, couldn’t hurt. It won’t take me too long, after all.
[x] Walk over to where the girls are. “Good morning, everyone,” you say. “What’s this about?”
>> No. 13204
>The anchorman seemed very grave

He should be... he's talking about GRAVE matters... Get it? Dead girl? GRAVE?

... Our Letty would applaud.
>> No. 13205
[x] Of course... secretly, that is.
[x] Sure, couldn’t hurt. It won’t take me too long, after all.
[x] Walk over to where the girls are. “Good morning, everyone,” you say. “What’s this about?”
>> No. 13206
[x] Of course... secretly, that is.
[x] Sure, couldn’t hurt. It won’t take me too long, after all.
[x] Walk over to where the girls are. “Good morning, everyone,” you say. “What’s this about?”
>> No. 13208
[_] (Nah, no need. We all had fun, and that’s what counts.)
[_] (Sure, couldn’t hurt. It won’t take me too long, after all.)
[_] say, “Hey everyone, good morning!” Waving to anyone who turns to you, you go over to the table. “What’s up?”
>> No. 13209
[x] Of course... secretly, that is.
[x] Sure, couldn’t hurt. It won’t take me too long, after all.
[x] Walk over to where the girls are. “Good morning, everyone,” you say. “What’s this about?”
>> No. 13214
The plot shall thicken like mushroom soup. Although predictably so... oh, well.

On with the show. Expect an update in a few hours, good readers.
>> No. 13223
File 123123678155.jpg - (131.48KB , 850x637 , sample-62c9fb781dc423ead4bbd6be7e4c5818.jpg ) [iqdb]
13223
You are a machine, Ames. A writing machine.
keep up the good work!
Have a singing Kanako.
>> No. 13226
File 12312408987.jpg - (403.27KB , 768x1024 , DSC01030.jpg ) [iqdb]
13226
[x] Of course... secretly, that is.
[x] Sure, couldn’t hurt. It won’t take me too long, after all.
[x] Walk over to where the girls are. “Good morning, everyone,” you say. “What’s this about?”

Cirno is Eager today.
4/22/2009.Tu Early Morning
3651 ¥


Marisa turns and sees you first, waving at you to come over as you approach.

“… brought her body in at the police station at exactly four-thirty this morning. Police confirmed that she had died no more than six hours before her discovery. As with the recent murders, there seems to be no sign of trauma or any other indication of cause of demise, but the police are suspecting that some sort of deadly drug that induces brain death or heart failure was used by the perpetrator. This marks the sixth victim claimed by who is now being called, the ‘Soul Stealer’.”

You watch as the faces and names of the other five victims were shown, along with a bit of information that the press managed to collect about them. You notice that there seems to be no obvious similarity between them, except for the fact that they lived within the city. Three of them were students, and one was shown in her picture wearing the uniform of your school.

“This is horrible,” Lunasa said. Her plate is untouched; it seems that she had sat down to eat there just as the newscast about the murders began, and she had lost her appetite.

Even the normally carefree Tewi appears seriously bothered. “Maybe… maybe we should buy pepper spray or something…”

Marisa chews her lip. “I don’t know, maybe we should all just stick together whenever we’re going out… So at least we’re not alone and we have someone watching our back…”

Merlin raises her hand and rapidly nods her assent. “Yeah, yeah, yeah, Marisa’s right… I mean, the murderer steals your soul, what help can anything be against that, much less pepper spray!”

Luciole shivered. “T-that can’t be true..! That’s… that’s just what the press calls him…”

“Well, how do you explain how his victims just died without any sign of how?”

You wonder, yourself. So far, you’ve never heard of anything like this. “So… how long has this been going on?”

Marisa turns to you with a serious look. “For a month now… but the Soul Stealer’s only recently killed those three school girls, and only days apart!”

“Marisa! You’re calling him that, too!” Merlin covers her ears and begins whimpering.

You become quite concerned. Learning about this overshadows what was supposed to be your optimistic first week at school.

Letty walks in carrying a plate filled with what you assume to be your breakfast; a star-shaped fried egg with some carrot strips on one side and a slice of pork schnitzel, and a generous helping of rice. “Cirno-chan? Good morning… although I guess it’s a bad greeting now…”

You reply pleasantly, anyway. “Good morning, Letty-san.”

She hands you your plate and utensils. “Here’s your breakfast, though. Maybe next time I can cook something special for you.” Letty points to the egg and declares proudly, “But for now, here’s something to star-to your day right!”

You laugh nervously and nod slowly.

[_] (insert your order here, and whether you’d like that kind of food every morning from now on)
[_] (You’re not in the mood.)
>> No. 13229
File 123124121453.jpg - (100.12KB , 612x721 , Reisen_99.jpg ) [iqdb]
13229
Letty smiles and leaves you to your breakfast. You sit down on the arm of one of the couches at the lobby table and begin eating your breakfast, trying not to let the news of a murderer on the loose ruin your day. The others couldn’t seem to decide whether to turn off the television to regain peace, or keep it on since everyone was alreadt affected anyway and that it would be well to watch for updates.

You notice someone step down the stairs into the lobby, though. She had long, lavender hair and a tired look on her face, and although she was already dressed for school, she didn’t seem morning-fresh at all.

Tewi notices this girl and turns her head towards the stairs. “Reisen, hurry up, your breakfast is getting cold.”

Reisen nods softly and stifles back a yawn before moving towards the door leading into Letty’s kitchen.

You turn to Tewi and tap her shoulder. You say in a low voice, “Reisen doesn’t look so good so early in the morning… If you don’t mind my asking, did something happen yesterday?”

Before Tewi could answer you, the sound of a loud smash came from Letty’s kitchen. Everyone turns their heads to the noise, and Marisa even bounded out of her seat and ran over, yelling out Letty’s name. You follow suit.

“W-why didn’t anyone… I mean… I’m sorry..!” It was a voice you don’t recognize. You assume it was Reisen.

You rush through the doorway after Marisa and see Reisen Inaba on her knees, looking up at a distraught Letty. Shards of shattered glass were scattered around, and Reisen was only then just beginning to stand up.

“Reisen,” Marisa blurts out, “what’s wrong?” The blond-haired girl moves over to help Reisen up, and from the corner of your eye, you see Cirno Whiterock walking over with a broom and dustpan.

Reisen seems dazed, but when she turns her head to look at everyone gathered around her, her gazes rests on you and a look of surprised crosses her features.

“A-a-ah..! Bissi-san..!”

You wonder what the matter was, since it was obviously related to you. “Reisen-san, are you alright?” Your shoes crunch on the broken glass as you step over to the dazed girl. “If there’s anything I can help with…”

Reisen lowers her head and says something you couldn’t quite make out.

Marisa’s eyebrows arc, but before she could say anything, Reisen looks up at you again and says, “It’s… n-nice to finally have your acquaintance, B-Bissi-san…”

Letty sighed as she took the broom and dustpan from her daughter before shooing everyone away. “Now, now, everyone please help Rei-chan to a nice, comfy sofa. We’ll clean up here.”

Marisa picks up the plate that was for Reisen and carries it with her as you help Reisen into the lobby. The television was turned off now, and everyone watches as the still-dazed girl sits down with a sigh.

“I’m sorry for this… so early in the morning…” she says to no one in particular. You sit down beside her, and Tewi puts herself down on the floor in front of Reisen, looking up curiously at her big sister.

You try and think of something to try and cheer her up. You remember the large slice of cake that Letty set aside for Reisen the night after your welcome party, and you were sure Reisen would have already eaten it by now. “Hey, we missed you at the welcome party… Did you like the cake, though?”

Reisen looks up at you, and although at first you thought she looked confused, she nodded her head and looked away. “It’s… it was okay. I liked it.”

For some reason, you see Tewi fidgeting before she stands up and goes into the kitchen where Letty is cleaning up. Reisen doesn’t watch as her little sister leaves.

You wonder if something is going on between the sisters.
>> No. 13230
File 123124132952.jpg - (281.68KB , 595x739 , 172d6d0ba99027008d8248e7a263c2cd.jpg ) [iqdb]
13230
“A-anyway…” Reisen says abashedly, “I… I’m sorry for not being at your welcome party, Bissi-san… and for not seeing you yesterday… I was at work…”

“Even this past Sunday, Reisen-san..?”

She shakes her head. “I-I was… doing something else… w-was catching up on school work…” She seems like she’d rather you not know…

Lyrica nods her head thoughtfully. “Mm, yeah… Reisen-chan might have to make up for lessons sometimes…”

Luciole comes up to Reisen and rubs the latter’s shoulders. “Rei-chi… Maybe you should consider taking a break from your job…”

Judging from how Luciole addressed her and how everyone else looks overly concerned about her, you realize that Reisen is well-liked. She shakes her head at Luciole, though, saying, “You know I can’t do that, Luci-chan… Besides, I like my job.”

She looks up at Luciole with a soft smile on her face, and for a moment, you wonder if anyone who sees that smile feels a little heart-broken for Reisen.

You ask, “What’s your job anyway, Reisen-san?”

Marisa answers for her. “Reisen works as a radio jock. JM-radio! She goes on the air from five to eight on weekdays and… well…” She appears suddenly crestfallen after saying that. “But yeah… she works late and gets home tired... Hey, Reisen, why don’t you quit your job for now? You’re popular anyway, so you might get a better job or something later.”

Reisen, still smiling in that restrained way she seems to have taken to, shakes her head again. “Marisa-chan…” She turns to you and looks like she just remembered something she forgot. “A-ah, anyway…”

The lavender-haired girl reaches out and clasps your hands gently.

“I hope we can… talk again soon…”

She stands up and walks to the kitchen just as Letty came out carrying Reisen’s meal. The latter takes the plate, still in her tired but grateful manner, and goes into the kitchen to eat instead of going back to the lobby table. You see her pat Tewi’s head just before sitting down, and you weren’t so surprised when Tewi didn’t seem to respond much to the gentle gesture.

There was still plenty of time before school, and since the television was off now, you decide that there was no better time to

[_] give everyone time to calm down and go to help clean up the dishes and such before going off to school.
[_] pull Marisa aside and ask her about Reisen. (insert question)
[_] approach Luciole and ask if you could talk to her in private about Reisen. (insert question)
[_] go to Letty’s kitchen and talk to Reisen personally. (insert question)
[_] (do something else—insert action)
>> No. 13231
*flays self for being an epic fail*

I keep reposting... and I should seriously redefine 'a few hours' in my book. >>;

Oh well. Apologies once again, good readers. Here's the last update for now that occurs mostly in Letty's apartment. After this will be more new acquaintances at school... and then some thanks for your patience with me so far. You'll see.

On with the show!

>>13223

You have no idea how encouraging your words are. Can has cookie nao?
>> No. 13232
File 123124192519.jpg - (95.32KB , 750x600 , ICWHUTUDID.jpg ) [iqdb]
13232
>>13231
>> No. 13233
>>13232

... yes, yes I know people will notice what I do thar at some point. Won't happen again.

Now vote please?!

>There was still plenty of time before school, and since the television was off now, you decide that there was no better time to

By the way, good readers, if asking about something or doing something else becomes the majority vote, I'll consider all questions and/or actions that are put in unless they're really, really out of character or jpd. Feel free to add in any more questions and such that you'd want to ask the specific character picked, even if you're adding it after you've already cast your vote. I'll give everyone time, but not all suggestions may be used for obvious reasons, and since... well, for plot-related reasons, I have to leave space for the questions you might not think to ask.
>> No. 13238
[x] Waffles, eggs, bacon, and milk. A hearty meal. This is good enough for now, but it would be nice to switch up the choice every three days to once a week, just so we don't get tired of it and can try out different things.
[x] give everyone time to calm down and go to help clean up the dishes and such before going off to school.
[x] Prepare yourself for leisure activity at school. Get your CD player(iPod, walkman, whatever), snacks, a good book, and anything else to pass the time. Never know what the day will be like, or who may be in desperate need of some pocky.
>> No. 13240
[x] Waffles, eggs, bacon, and milk. A hearty meal. This is good enough for now, but it would be nice to switch up the choice every three days to once a week, just so we don't get tired of it and can try out different things.
[x] give everyone time to calm down and go to help clean up the dishes and such before going off to school.
[x] Prepare yourself for leisure activity at school. Get your CD player(iPod, walkman, whatever), snacks, a good book, and anything else to pass the time. Never know what the day will be like, or who may be in desperate need of some pocky.

Works for me.
>> No. 13256
[x] Waffles, eggs, bacon, and milk. A hearty meal. This is good enough for now, but it would be nice to switch up the choice every three days to once a week, just so we don't get tired of it and can try out different things.
[x] give everyone time to calm down and go to help clean up the dishes and such before going off to school.
[x] Prepare yourself for leisure activity at school. Get your CD player(iPod, walkman, whatever), snacks, a good book, and anything else to pass the time. Never know what the day will be like, or who may be in desperate need of some pocky.
>> No. 13383
File 123168326377.jpg - (88.99KB , 572x800 , ae9b672b7a75c68b19d56f3562d8550f.jpg ) [iqdb]
13383
[x] Waffles, eggs, bacon, and milk. A hearty meal. This is good enough for now, but it would be nice to switch up the choice every three days to once a week, just so we don't get tired of it and can try out different things.
[x] give everyone time to calm down and go to help clean up the dishes and such before going off to school.
[x] Prepare yourself for leisure activity at school. Get your CD player(iPod, walkman, whatever), snacks, a good book, and anything else to pass the time. Never know what the day will be like, or who may be in desperate need of some pocky.

Lunasa sighs as she stands up and moves back into the kitchen. “Letty-san,” you hear her say, “would you mind if I just wrap this up for later..?”

Lyrica and Merlin bound noisily back up the stairs, followed by a contemplative Marisa. Tewi soon after leaves her big sister behind and turns on the television again, surfing channels until she finds a morning cooking show. She seems quite entertained by this, and you notice Letty sneaking a peak in once in a while and looking quite eager. You think that it could be one of many things, besides liking cooking, or liking food in general.

You go back to your room, and after a bit of thought, decide to take some things to school with you, like your iPod and a few snacks. You consider taking this book¹ you’ve been reading for a while, and you pack that into your bag as well, shoving it between your books and as-of-now empty notebooks.

Your identification card gleams as you hold it up in the morning light. It officially declares you a student at Gekkoukan High, and your picture is displayed over a bluish background of a faded image of the school, along with your student number, name and year.

You put this in your bag along with everything else, and descend the stairs again

You arrive back in the lobby. Tewi is still watching television, but just as you arrive, Reisen is already headed over. She spots you walking down the stairs and gives you a smile and a nod before moving on to Tewi.

“Tewi… get your things ready. I don’t want you hurrying later if you forget until you’re already late…”

Reisen sounded very gentle, but Tewi reacts like the typical defiant little sister, saying things like ‘there’s too much time’ and ‘you’ll do all of that for me anyway’. That last one is particularly jarring to Reisen, as she seems taken aback for a bit before sighing and leaving Tewi.

You watch as she comes toward you. She has her head bowed so she doesn’t immediately notice you, but as she comes up, you greet her. “Hey there, Reisen…”

She looks up, appearing slightly distraught, but for some reason her expression lightens noticeably as she realizes it was you, and she immediately comes up to you.

“Sorry about that, Bissi-san… Tewi can get like that sometimes…”

Before you could say anything, she looks away, although a bit less stressed than before, and adds, “It’s okay, I guess. She’s still a kid.”

She quickly jogs up the stairs, and you don’t feel the need to address her further.

You could hear the clatter of dishes coming from Letty’s kitchen. You immediately walk over, and knowing that leaving everyone to cool off—about the horrible news, about Reisen—would probably be for the best, you decide that volunteering to help wash the dishes would be good.

Letty sees you come in. “Hello, Cirno-chan. Need anything?”

Cirno Whiterock was helping with the dishes, and she turns to see you when Letty addresses you. You notice that same, cold glare you keep seeing from Cirno recently, and the blue-haired girl immediately turned back to rinsing the cutlery. You note a dishwashing machine to one side of the sink.

You walk over and comment on it. “Erm. Letty-san? Why aren’t we using the dishwasher for the dishes?”

Letty opens her mouth to say something, but Cirno immediately cuts in: “Because washing dishes together like this is fun.” Although what she said was positive, Cirno’s tone was far from. It was more like a threatening tone. Cirno even thrust her chin up in plain sight, and you couldn’t help but wonder when the girl would get tired of this…

(Are you getting tired of Cirno’s cold shoulder?)

[_] Yeah…
[_] Not really…

Letty giggled, though. “Cirno-chan’s right, Cirno-chan! Ara… this might get confusing… Oh, well.” Letty returned to the task at hand. “You’re both such nice girls, anyway, I wouldn’t mind getting confused. Thank you anyway, Cirno-chan…”

You want to insist, but you knew that doing so would probably result in something bad coming from Cirno. You wouldn’t want something like that so early in the morning, so you just nod and move back into the lobby to await the others before you all depart for the school.
>> No. 13384
File 123168337519.jpg - (269.45KB , 768x1024 , Reisen_7.jpg ) [iqdb]
13384
Gekkoukan High is located across a bridge from Letty’s apartment; a journey that Marisa says takes around fifteen leisurely minutes on foot while admiring the view. She walks astride you and seems none the lacking for things to point out. You often had to work hard to keep up with her speed of conversation.

“… and did you know that Port Island is artificial? Ooh, the mall is great. It’s really, really big, and the shops there don’t fall short at all in the way of what they have compared to the big-city malls… You know, Tokyo… Well, yeah, I guess because of the murders police would be everywhere like this… Mm, yeah, since last week. I think the school might go through with it, too, and I don’t know what’s stopping them… Haha, what did you think? Well, I understand them. I’m a bit afraid too. Only reason I don’t mind going to school is that I know we’ll all be together anyway… Oh, yeah, every day, but she has her own program on weekends… Hey, Reisen, what was the name of that program you have during Saturdays?”

The three of you were trailing behind everyone else in the group, and Reisen, being behind you and Marisa, is the very last. She hasn’t been apparently interested in striking up some conversation with you, but when Marisa addressed her, she lit up and answered eagerly.

“Oh, Saturdays. B-Pop. Heeeey… I say that every time I start up!”

In her defense, Marisa raises her hands. “Hey, what, honestly, I don’t really manage to tune in right when you go on the air..! Besides, the point is in the music, the music!”

Reisen bit her lip. “Mmm… Right…” She turns to you and smiles. “Hey, Bissi-san, you’ll tune in, right? It would be great if you did!”

[_] (Yes.)
[_] (No.)

[_] (Anything else you might want to ask Marisa or Reisen about, or anyone else in the group.)
>> No. 13385
[X] Yeah...

>>“Hey, Bissi-san, you’ll tune in, right? It would be great if you did!”

The weekend show or the weekdays from six to nine? I assume the former since it was the topic.

[X] Yes
[X] Ask if they notice how Cirno's been acting and why she's like that, and about clubs of interest in the school, primarily if there are any fencing or art clubs.
>> No. 13392
[x] Yes, but you're only going to make a quick remark about it and give her an even colder glare every time she directs one at you.
[x] Yes, you'll tune in.
[x] "So, what do you guys usually do during school, and for fun afterwards?"
>> No. 13393
[X] Not really…
[X] (Yes.)
[X] Ask about clubs.

Just ignore the antics of Cirno W. and perhaps she will stop with them.
>> No. 13420
[x] Yeah...
[x] Yes
[x] Ask about clubs, and what people do for fun after school
>> No. 13443
[x] Yeah...
[x] Yes
[x] Ask about clubs, and what people do for fun after school
>> No. 13445
File 123176344061.png - (475.44KB , 620x874 , 1231275377608in1.png ) [iqdb]
13445
*yawns* Sure is barren around here.

You anons were scolding me for being away, and now when I returned, I got so little votes. Man, I dunno what's right and what's not anymore.

More votes anyone? Especially since there are differing ideas here that look equally great but aren't getting much credit.
>> No. 13446
[x] Yes, but you're only going to make a quick remark about it and give her an even colder glare every time she directs one at you.
[x] Yes, you'll tune in.
[x] "So, what do you guys usually do during school, and for fun afterwards?"
>> No. 13447
>>now when I returned, I got so little votes.

HA! I knew you and Leito were one and the same.

[x] Yes, but you're only going to make a quick remark about it and give her an even colder glare every time she directs one at you.
[x] Yes, you'll tune in.
[x] "So, what do you guys usually do during school, and for hot fun afterwards?"
>> No. 13449
>>13447
Oh heavens no, Leito's not me. He's a guy I met over the internet, who happens to have a knack on writing. I just used the wrong wordings, sorry about that.

I'm serious, I got no way to prove it though.
>> No. 13450
I can just ask one of the mods for the hell of it later if Anon actually cares about it.

[x] Yes, but you're only going to make a quick remark about it and give her an even colder glare every time she directs one at you.
[x] Yes, you'll tune in.
[x] "So, what do you guys usually do during school, and for fun afterwards?"
>> No. 13466
>>I can just ask one of the mods for the hell of it later if Anon actually cares about it.

Eh. I don't really care either way.

[x] Yes, but you're only going to make a quick remark about it and give her an even colder glare every time she directs one at you.
[x] Yes, you'll tune in.
[x] "So, what do you guys usually do during school, and for fun afterwards?"
>> No. 13540
Not updating even when you have your votes isn't a good way to prove you don't suffer from multiple personalities or something Leitro
>> No. 13541
Well, Leito does arbitrarily appear and disappear from the face of internet sometimes, even before he started writing this CYOA. He'll be back though, I know he's writing the update, just that it's unfinished.

Also-in an attempt to spite you for the lulz-it's Leito, not Leitro.
>> No. 13542
>>13541

Finger slipped hitting the t, it's what I get for writing posts really fast in between pulls in a 25 man raid on WoW
>> No. 13545
File 12321041495.jpg - (220.26KB , 800x800 , 69e00be17ab764baa2b005e9dddf53da.jpg ) [iqdb]
13545
Okay, I sincerely apologize, good readers.

The update is embarrassingly just almost done, but things like arbitrary disappearances from the net and some really annoying real life issues really just stress me the fuck out, and I'm beyond tired right now. I think I should marry a rich lady who'll let me laze around doing nothing but lurk and write stuff... >>;

Anyway, I'll be home all day tomorrow, thank Bob. So expect it by then. If not, burn me with ice.

Meanwhile, yeah, imho the greatest Sakuya I've ever seen in my life.

===

To err is human; to really screw things up, you need a computer.
>> No. 13546
>If not, burn me with ice.
Removes Cirno's panties.
It shall be a 'pleasant' death.
>> No. 13551
File 123212283458.jpg - (39.34KB , 569x412 , angry gnome.jpg ) [iqdb]
13551
>>13542

>WoW
>> No. 13600
File 123220671959.jpg - (193.11KB , 603x436 , 3f1a3a22c9a461cb980b87ce761c0c1c.jpg ) [iqdb]
13600
Narrow vote. Huh. This proves the fragility of the bandwagon, I guess?

[x] Yes, but you're only going to make a quick remark about it and give her an even colder glare every time she directs one at you.

[x] Yes, you'll tune in.
[x] "So, what do you guys usually do during school, and for fun afterwards?"

You look at Reisen. “Sure, I’ll remember to.”

She beams, and then nods happily. “Thanks, Bissi-san. I’ll be sure to put a song or two up for you! What kind of music do you like?”

[_] (insert answer—preferably a song title, but in fact anything may do)

“Anyway,” you ask, “what do you guys usually do after school? Besides study I mean… and do you have somewhere you go to or something to do after classes?”

Merlin answers ahead of anyone else, surprisingly enough, and she gave what was certainly a serious answer. “Practice my instrument.”

Lunasa nods, but Lyrica punches Merlin playfully in the shoulder. “Hey, we do, too, you know…” Merlin punches back just as hard, not surprisingly at all.

Marisa grabs your arm and leans toward you. “Hey, we go to the arcade! Well, that’s what I do when I can. I promised you I’d take you there, remember? I’ll bring friends.” For a moment, she seems to suddenly remember something important. “You know what, I’ll introduce them to you the first chance I get. You’ll like them, I’m sure.”

Reisen doesn’t seem to be too eager to answer, but you find yourself inevitably meeting her gaze. She talks about her answer before you could speak. “W-well, I guess… I just hang out. I don’t have too many places to go to besides school, except the radio station and Letty’s apartments…” As if trying to redeem herself, she brightens up and adds, “I go to music stores, too, if I have the money…”

Luciole looks at you, as if embarrassed to say. “Well… Just… we have clubs...” Cirno nods, although more like to reinforce Luciole than as a gesture to you.

You walk for a few more minutes before your group approaches the school. Gekkoukan doesn’t look half as mysterious as its name would imply, as it looks more like a classy school—which it could very well be—than anything else. The ‘school’ part is undeniable, but a bit overshadowed; parked just outside is a patrol car. A police officer is inside, but he’s looking towards the school and speaking to the radio, and you couldn’t see his face.

As your group comes up to the school, almost everyone slows down. Merlin pulls ahead for a bit, but when she notices everyone’s change of pace, she stops and walks backwards for a few steps.

You could see a female officer talking intently to a woman at the school gates; this woman has long, blond hair and a mature form, and she seems quite relaxed as she talks to the policewoman. Before long, the woman and the officer walked into school. You wonder who this long-haired woman was; she was important enough for the police to need to converse with her for a while before entering the school.

Marisa seems to have noticed your curiosity. “Hmm? What’s the bother, Chibi-chan?”

You raise an eyebrow and pout slightly as you turn your head to look at Marisa. “Who was that the police were talking to, Maki-chan?” You make sure to emphasize properly.

She answers promptly, but not before flashing an ear-to-ear grin. “Ah, yeah, ehehe… That’s principal Yukari. With the police around, I guess this means the school is either closing down because of the murders, or… well, something else as serious, I’m sure.”

Everyone is in a somber mood, and you felt like it was okay to say something that’s been bugging you for a while. “Hey, I’ve been thinking,” you say to Marisa and Reisen with a bit of a hushed voice, “They say there was no discernable evidence of… reason for demise, right? That those people just… well, just died for no apparent reason…”

Marisa took a moment before nodding, but Reisen looked at you with wide eyes. “Y-yeah… but what do you mean by all that?”

You continued. “How are they sure they’re murders, then? They even gave… whoever… a cheesy name: the Soul Stealer. But if there’s no evidence to show how these people died, how is everyone so sure that these people died by another person?”
>> No. 13601
File 123220676899.png - (162.56KB , 685x716 , 2c1aa26d2a908a7adebca9d1fecd5e29.png ) [iqdb]
13601
The Prismrivers hear of what you are saying and slow down a bit to walk beside you. Reisen shakes her head nervously, “What you’re implying is even scarier, Bissi-san…”

Lunasa nods her head. “True… but I wouldn’t say that what Bissi-san suggested isn’t something I’ve thought possible.”

Lyrica holds her bag to her chest. “W-woah… ghosts?”

Merlin looks at her sisters in turn. “Casper? He was nice, right?”

Everyone, even you, looks at Merlin incredulously. “What,” Merlin says, “what did I say?”

Marisa pulled out her cell phone and flipped it open. She began tapping away at keys, and while she did so, you hear a loud ‘boo’ and a shriek. Most everyone turn to see Tewi laughing loudly while Luciole was cringing behind Cirno, the latter wagging her finger angrily at Tewi.

You hear Reisen sigh. She looks at you again with that weak smile and then looks away.

“Right. Here.” Marisa calls the group’s attention and shows her phone screen to the rest of the group. You see a news article, and it clearly discusses the series of mysterious deaths in your city, but also puts forward a lot of other theories.

“Previously undiscovered disease, effects of radiation, evil spirits…” You read off the list of theories slowly. “Unique mental stress factors… Brain parasite?”

Lyrica seems like she was between laughter and disgust. “Wow, it’s… A lot of is just a bunch of bull…”

Tewi had somehow come over to the group without anyone noticing. “You’d believe evil spirits but not a brain parasite? Hahahaha!”

You also note the rest of the article Marisa pulls up, which everyone seems to have forgotten in the discussion to prove which theory is most ludicrous. While the general noise of the rest of the group was a bit distracting, everyone kept walking and Marisa even lets you hold the phone with her as you read. Not surprisingly, the article continues to state that agents from the regional police and several health officials have already arrived in Iwatodai City and have begun investigating with the help of the local authorities.

“This is very serious… I wonder why they’re letting the media say so much like that on TV?”

Marisa shrugs at your question. “Maybe they think it’s the one theory that produces the least panic? I don’t know… Even that would make little sense because of the way information spreads these days…”

Your group walks past the police car; you notice that Marisa takes a look at the policeman inside. You follow her gaze and knew that you wouldn’t recognize the policeman, but you look nonetheless. You notice that the policeman seems to look up at your group and then smile slightly before shrugging. You look back at Marisa, and you see her smiling at the policeman but then looking away, although not apparently because you looked at her.

[_] You just look at Marisa and decide not to ask her about it; you surmise that it could either be a private thing you can’t ask about now, or it’s just two strangers sharing a warm greeting.
[_] You raise an eyebrow at Marisa, and you’re not only slightly interested. You try not to let it show too much, though. “Hm? Someone you know?”
[_] You do your best suspicious look on Marisa and poke her playfully, asking with gusto; “Ohoho? Who was that? I smell love at first-sight…"
>> No. 13602
*multiple facedesk due to another post-delete-repost incident*

...

Anyway, there we go, long overdue. May Bob have mercy on me and spare me the panty-induced death.

Some notes:

We're moving straight up into school after this, so Early Moring - Morning

I know that way up to this point, many details, small and big, are being stated or described but somewhat remain unexplained or undeveloped. All in due time. Quite a lot of them will shape the story later on, too.
>> No. 13607
[x] Play Caramelldansen, over and over, AND OVER!!
[x] Heavy Metal, Classic Rock.
[x] You just look at Marisa and decide not to ask her about it; you surmise that it could either be a private thing you can’t ask about now, or it’s just two strangers sharing a warm greeting.

A song title? Seriously? That's worse than trying to choose a name.
>> No. 13609
>A song title? Seriously? That's worse than trying to choose a name.

It's a preferably, not a mandatory. Just vote as how you like it as always, dear anon.

>[x] You just look at Marisa and decide not to ask her about it; you surmise that it could either be a private thing you can’t ask about now, or it’s just two strangers sharing a warm greeting.

Not once, but twice you anon want to overlook a possible plot driver. Oh, you...
>> No. 13610
>A song title? Seriously? That's worse than trying to choose a name.

I know, good reader. That's why I explicitly stated that just about anything may do, anyway... or at least, anything that still shows song preference.
>> No. 13613
[x] Heavy Metal, Classic Rock.
[x] You do your best suspicious look on Marisa and poke her playfully, asking with gusto; “Ohoho? Who was that? I smell love at first-sight…"

Choosing a genre is much easier to get through, but we really should choose answers that match the statement we were given for how we would be today, which would either be the second or third options.
>> No. 13615
[x] Richard Cheese - Down with the Sickness
[x] You do your best suspicious look on Marisa and poke her playfully, asking with gusto; “Ohoho? Who was that? I smell love at first-sight…"
>> No. 13617
[x] O-O-Overdrive!
[x] You do your best suspicious look on Marisa and poke her playfully, asking with gusto; “Ohoho? Who was that? I smell love at first-sight…"
>> No. 13620
>>13609
>>13610
This really doesn't help your case one bit. I think you need medication.

>>13613
If everybody acted how they felt, the world would probably be a much shittier place. That aside, I thought that in the long run, our temperment from the day before affects the one we feel the next day. I think it would be more favorable to pick a temperment and stick with it, instead of relying on the writer to create a hybrid that could end up as the very definition of 'moodswing'.
>> No. 13622
File 123224601768.jpg - (98.59KB , 600x600 , 162e22cb6439f308b437d272b7d02c33.jpg ) [iqdb]
13622
>I think you need medication

Coincidentally, I'm already on some. But anyway, I don't think I'd mind either way, whether everyone would think I'm Virthra or not. As long as I can keep writing this without any strong objections, I don't find any reason to need to prove myself to be or not be Virthra. Apologies for any problems this may be causing.

>[x] O-O-Overdrive!

Easy-modo?!

>If everybody acted how they felt, the world would probably be a much shittier place.

Somewhat, I would agree. But let's keep it that Cirno Bissi is a protagonist to the bone, so we should expect a degree of good-natured unpretentiousness.

>I thought that in the long run, our temperment from the day before affects the one we feel the next day. I think it would be more favorable to pick a temperment and stick with it, instead of relying on the writer to create a hybrid that could end up as the very definition of 'moodswing'.

Well, refreshingly perceptive reader, you're right; in the long run. I actually collect temperament choice results in a sort of point system, which I didn't want to bother you with as it adds a degree of tediousness. But if your temperament now is vastly different from the resultant, the other characters in the story will just treat it as you changing a bit during your time here.

I have to say, though, you've touched on a good point. It's open to discussion, what temperament you'd agree to take, and you can either stick with it no matter what, or still allow it to sometimes change according to situation or level of stress. All up to you, and although consistency is good, being adaptable also has its merits. So fret not and just enjoy.
>> No. 13689
[x] Denis Leary - I'm an Asshole
[x] You raise an eyebrow at Marisa, and you’re not only slightly interested. You try not to let it show too much, though. “Hm? Someone you know?”
>> No. 13697
[x] Heavy Metal, Classic Rock.
[x] You do your best suspicious look on Marisa and poke her playfully, asking with gusto; “Ohoho? Who was that? I smell love at first-sight…"
>> No. 13701
[x] Heavy Metal, Classic Rock.
[x] You do your best suspicious look on Marisa and poke her playfully, asking with gusto; “Ohoho? Who was that? I smell love at first-sight…"
>> No. 13703
[x] Heavy Metal, Classic Rock.
[x] You do your best suspicious look on Marisa and poke her playfully, asking with gusto; “Ohoho? Who was that? I smell love at first-sight…"
>> No. 13731
[x] Heavy Metal, Classic Rock.
[x] You do your best suspicious look on Marisa and poke her playfully, asking with gusto; “Ohoho? Who was that? I smell love at first-sight…"

Totally not same personing here.
>> No. 13736
>>13731
Unless you're >>13703 then it's doubtful that any of the votes were made by the same person
>> No. 13921
Leito~

Where did you run off to~
>> No. 13923
to become god emperor of dune
>> No. 14168
;_;
>> No. 19225
Update you clod.
>> No. 19239
After Leito disappeared, Virthra shortly vanished off IRC soon after while saying he had lost all contact with the guy. Updates to this are around a snowball's chance in hell.
>> No. 19241
File 124085248521.jpg - (53.18KB , 461x368 , Gustave_Dore_Inferno34.jpg ) [iqdb]
19241
>>19239

What if the snowball is in Cocytus?
>> No. 19243
>>19241

But before you reach Cocytus, isn't there a very hot palce that I forgot the name?