[Return]
Archived thread

File 123066961434.jpg - (255.99KB , 480x600 , DOSReisen.jpg ) [iqdb]
12920 No. 12920
“Does anyone have a mirror?” You hiss, “I want to see if I can spy anything else in there before we jump in guns blazing.”

“Oh? You're actually showing some caution now?” Reisen half-growls, “Fine, I don't have a mirror but shouldn't your knife do the job?” You stare at your friend for several long moments before slapping yourself in the forehead - of course your knife would work! Though you hardly expected it to work as well as such a trick did in the movies it wasn't like you cared much about being able to see detail - you just wanted some indication of if anything else was in the room aside from the elephant-prison.

Evidently, as you soon found out by simply sticking your knife through the hole, there was. Though you couldn't tell what they were you could make out four black shapes, one hugging each of the far corners of the room. They didn't seem to be moving but that didn't mean anything in regards to how dangerous they could potentially be.

“Back,” you whisper, “then that way a bit... there's some things in the corners of the room and I want to see if we can get above them for a better look.”

“Really?” Reisen mutters, “And here I was expecting you to jump in guns blazing.” She sighs and shakes her head before shuffling backwards some distance in the crawlspace. “The wall should be around here,” she hisses, squeezing through a set of iron bars in a zig-zag pattern.

“That would put a corner over here then,” Reimu adds, shuffling her way towards the spot, and giving you a perfect view of her rear shaking to and fro. You snicker slightly, causing her to pause and glance around at you. “What's so funny?” she asks, causing you to snicker some more.

“Nothing,” you manage to say, “Just feeling glad i'm a girl, or else you two would have kicked my rear several times by now.” You snicker again, “Can you imagine one of the guys from class in my position? He wouldn't be able to think through all the hormones!”

“Ugh,” Reimu groans, “Don't, please - Lets deal with the slimy things at hand rather than dwell on the ones we have to deal with tomorrow.” She glances up at Reisen, “be so very glad yours is an all-girls school.”

“Lucky,” you mutter, joining Reimu at the corner tile, with Reisen arriving just as you do. “Now lets see what we have down here, hmm?” Lifting the tile ever so carefully, aware of the monster below, the three of you expose the tiniest of gaps through which to look. “Ooh, ugly one, isn't he?” You ask, staring at the thing below. It's hard to make out much from this angle but you can see enough to tell that it isn't dissimilar to the limbed pillar shadows from before only, and you can't be too sure, this shadow seems to be fused with the wall itself and you doubt it can move about at all.

“Ranged attacker you think?” Reimu asks, getting a nod in reply from both you and Reisen.

“I would imagine so,” Reisen agrees, “I can't see how else it can deal with anything getting into the room otherwise... either it has ranged attacks or, uh, magic.” She grimaces, “It still feels kinda funny to call it that, 'magic', but I don't have any idea what else to call what our persona do when they make lightning and the like.”

“Give her some time and Marisa will probably come up with an explaination.” States the brunette, “I don't know if either of you know this, but she really doesn't like the concept of magic in the slightest.”

“Because of her mom leaving?” You ask, only to get a sudden and terrifyingly sharp look from Reimu. “Er... I heard it as a rumor,” You explain quickly, causing the girl to calm down somewhat, “Minoriko and Shizuha, they're girls in my class, they've been filling me in on the gossip and stuff from the school.”

“They're at least part right then,” Reimu murmurs, having calmed down, “But you'd have to ask Marisa if you want the full story - though I doubt that would be very smart unless you know her better.”

“This is all very well and good,” Reisen grumbles, “But what the heck are we going to do about ugly down there and it's friends?”


[ ] Plan of action pt 2.


Okay, so the OP pic's hat isn't quite how i imagine the one Yukari bought for Reisen but hey, it's a nifty pic...

>> No. 12921
That time of the month, eh Reisen?

[x] Stay up in the rafters. Chuck a green (and if necessary) a white gem at the wall shadow.
[x] If neither of those work, have Reisen fill it full of nails.

If we take out the ranged attacker, we'll be free to kill that elephant thing from above without fear of reprisal.
>> No. 12922
[X] Try tossing in that white gem you found. If it's anything like that red gem then the results ought to be suitably devastating, and it'll be easier to use than trying to muck around with your Persona right now. Might even be harder to track, assuming the Shadows can do that.

I normally hoard items, but while playing through Persona 4 I've taught myself not to do that quite so much. An item is useless if you never bother to use it. We'll likely find more of these, or even better gems, so let's put these to use.
>> No. 12924
>>12922

Yeah. There area few monsters in P4 with defence up the wazoo, where they take so little damage from everything - items ignore base defence (but not resists) so make the easiest kills on 'em.
>> No. 12931
>>12924
You mean like the VOLTRON SHADOW?
>> No. 12932
[ ] Fill that room with enough magic to make it magically radioactive. Nothing in there survives, only the things coming in.
>> No. 12933
>>12932
Forgot to add 'light the room up like a christmas tree'
>> No. 12948
[x] Fill that room with enough magic to make it magically radioactive. Light it up like a Christmas tree. Nothing in there survives, only the things coming in.
>> No. 12949
[x] Fill that room with enough magic to make it magically radioactive. Light it up like a Christmas tree. Nothing in there survives, only the things coming in.
[x] Use the Gems as needed. No use in hoarding them.
>> No. 12952
File 123071629420.png - (10.86KB , 100x120 , be.png ) [iqdb]
12952
>Okay, so the OP pic's hat isn't quite how i imagine the one Yukari bought for Reisen but hey, it's a nifty pic...
I kind of imagined it to be something like this. Maybe with a little bunny face pin on one side of it. It's a crappy edit, I know, but it's as close to my imagination as I could get it.
>> No. 12997
[X] Wait until the Shadows below you are aware of Letty's and Marisa's presence, then dump the equivalent of a Megidolaon in lesser spells on top of them.

>“Oh? You're actually showing some caution now?” Reisen half-growls,
>“Really?” Reisen mutters, “And here I was expecting you to jump in guns blazing.”

[X] Once our work at Second Day Hospital is finally over, make Reisen our tsundere girlfriend.
>> No. 13034
[X] Once our work at Second Day Hospital is finally over, make Reisen our tsundere girlfriend.
>> No. 13036
>[X] Once our work at Second Day Hospital is finally over, make Reisen our tsundere girlfriend.

But that's been the plan since the beggining! Don't really now if she can be classified as tsundere though, she seems more...submissive.
>> No. 13061
>>13036

She is submissive. She's just acting this way to make us feel bad. We're her close friend and we've pissed her off. I'm sure that she'll eventually apologize to us.

Or we could just tell her to shut the hell up. This might end up in a fight, which would be a good chance to sneak in a kiss and surprise her. From there, it would be better to strengthen the relationship a bit before we jump right in and confess our love for her.
>> No. 13064
>>13061

Sounds like a plan, count me in.
>> No. 13106
“We're going to light this room up like a christmas tree!” You exclaim, fishing around in your pack for the five colored gems stored there, two small green ones, one small red one, one large red gem and lastly a pale milky white one. “I've been dying to see what this white one does! The green ones too, if the red does fire - do you think these are wind and lightning? Because anyone would expect ice ones to be blue, right?”

“I knew it.” Reisen mutters, slapping one hand to her face. “If in doubt, use violence.” She sighs then and looks over the gems in your hand. “But it's not like we have much choice. If we have to fight these things somehow anyway, a surprise attack would best be done with the most force we can muster.”

“How about we take a corner each?” suggests Reimu, “If we can take three of these things in the corner out in one go, taking a third shouldn't be too hard - though if this elephant is anything like the last one...”

“I don't think it'll try to run,” You mutter, “Marisa and Letty have probably busted up a few of the traps by now and I bet it knows that - if it knows it has no-where to run to, then fighting is it's only option.”

“That's true,” the brunette confirms, “It makes an all out assault seem a bit more sensible, we'll have to do as much damage as possible as quickly as possible before we have to engage the main opponent.” Looking between you and Reisen she frowns slightly, “I can drop a spellcard in there too if I have to, the elephant may warrant such a thing.”

“Spellcard?” Reisen asks, before blinking in recognition, “Oh! You mean those big flashy attacks we used back when we woke up our persona?”

“You've used spellcards already?” Reimu asks, giving you both a look of horror, “But the drain of just trying to use one should have knocked you out before you could even fire it! I thought Letty was only kidding when she said that back when we brought you in!”

“Well, we didn't exactly feel that great after using them,” You point out, “It was pretty damn exhausting - I remember my body felt like it was made of lead right after I used mine... think I fainted during the second one too.” Glancing at Reisen you nod, “You were pretty worn out as well I think.”

“Mm...” agrees the purple-haired girl, nodding absently. “I think I can probably manage one too now, without fainting I mean, I feel stronger than I did then...”

“No,” Reimu butts in, “Leave it to me - I know how many I can manage safely, and we don't know how much firepower we have to hold back for the third one. I can afford one, maybe two here if needed and still have enough in reserve to fight properly for a while.” Cracking her knuckles the girl grins, “Mine can only hit one target, but it's pretty strong you know - though not as strong as that 'Zan' you used earlier Yukari.”


[ ] Well then, you hold the 'elephant' busy while we take out the last corner
[ ] Okay, you can take out the last corner while we beat on the elephant


Trying to get away from the walls again, i write too many walls and DOS was supposed to be a less wall-y place for me to mess with. Oh well.
>> No. 13107
[ ] Well then, you hold the 'elephant' busy while we take out the last corner
>> No. 13109
[x] Okay, you can take out the last corner while we beat on the elephant
>> No. 13110
[x] Well then, you hold the 'elephant' busy while we take out the last corner

The strongest attack on the strongest enemy. I think it's more climatic this way.
>> No. 13112
[x] Well then, you hold the 'elephant' busy while we take out the last corner
>> No. 13114
[x] Well then, you hold the 'elephant' busy while we take out the last corner
>> No. 13115
[X]Elephant was destroyed by Reimu Hakurei's balls.
>> No. 13124
[x] Well then, you hold the 'elephant' busy while we take out the last corner
>> No. 13272
>>13106
>Trying to get away from the walls again, i write too many walls and DOS was supposed to be a less wall-y place for me to mess with. Oh well.

You can't do that AD. Writing walls is a part of you, you need it, you want it. It's your reason to live, it's the reason you exist. It brings you happness, it brings you sadness. It realises your dreams, it is your reality. So, write. Write and write and write and write and write, untill the end of times.

You can't escape it, Angry Desu. Write, the greatest walls you dream of.
>> No. 13274
>>13272
What a sorry existence.
>> No. 13276
>>13274

Story of my life, man.
>> No. 13278
File 123148051398.jpg - (148.50KB , 576x678 , igotkilledby.jpg ) [iqdb]
13278
[x]Elephant got killed by Reimu Hakurei's balls.
>> No. 13315
“... Lets go then.” You mutter, not really knowing what else to say to the girls. “Pick a corner, take out the shadow there, then Reimu can hold the elephant off while we take out the last shadow.” The two girls nod in agreement, “Then just wail on it until either it dies or Letty and Marisa get here.”

“Or until we die.” Reisen whispers, causing you to shudder slightly - that was a distinct possibility after all.

“That won't happen,” you state, “I'll make sure it doesn't happen. Now...”

The three of you split up, Reimu and yourself crawling quietly to positions where, after some fiddling with the ceiling panels, you could both see a shadow below you. Glancing up at the others you hold up one hand, three fingers extended. Slowly you fold them down, three - two - one...

The air around Reisen lights up a pale blue as her persona lets loose with a lightning bolt-like Zio onto the target below her. Red and green blossoms up from over where Reimu was as, since she lacked any offensive spells of her own, she had simply thrown some of the red and green gems down the hole instead. Green, then, was evidently wind - since you could tell from here that it felt similar to your Garu spell. This left you with a choice, test out your white gem or simply blast away with Garu... One wouldn't cost you anything, but was untested, while the other would sap your strength a bit but you knew it would be effective. Of course, you also had the large red gem yourself so that was an option too.

[ ] Use Garu
[ ] Use Small White Gem
[ ] Use Large Red Gem

Party status (Not counting Marisa/Letty):
39%


Oh yeah, small as heck update. I know, start your complaining engines now... I'll start my excuses one too. Mostly laziness, feeling too crappy to write, and a bit of re-thinking regarding combat here (i've done walls for combat before, gonna try making smaller and quicker updates, then back to walls for more social stuff)
I'm going to keep with a 'party status' thing for now, but i think in the next second day i'll try tracking everyone seperately to see how that works out.
>> No. 13316
[X] Use Large Red Gem, then follow it up with an actual Garu if it looks like the thing hasn't been finished off.

>“Or until we die.” Reisen whispers, causing you to shudder slightly - that was a distinct possibility after all.

You shift your hand in the dark until it finds hers. “That won't happen,” you state, “Everyone's too important to me. You're too important to me.”

A reassuring squeeze, and you're already crawling to your corner before she can respond. A second later you can hear Reimu moving into position as well. >After some fiddling with the ceiling panels, you could both see (ry
>> No. 13328
>>13315
Didn't we already agree to use the white gem? I don't get why you don't want us to use Medigo so much.

[X] Use Small White Gem

>>13316
wat
>> No. 13334
>>13328
using the white gem has come up a few times in earlier free votes, but it's never won (hell, in this very thread 'light the room up like a christmas tree' beat it hands down.) Had 'use a white gem' come up in a winning vote then i wouldn't be asking this question as i'd already know the answer. I'm wanting anon to have more input in combat partially to give them more to play with, partially to break up fuckhuge combat walls. That's all.
>> No. 13338
>>13334
My bad.
>> No. 13339
[x] Use Garu.

We need to save the gems for bigger battles. Or at least save them for the other places we have to visit in this hospital. We also need to take a well-deserved break once we get out of here.
>> No. 13340
[X] Use Small White Gem
>> No. 13344
>>13339
>We need to save the gems for bigger battles.

Where they might be ineffective or even heal the enemy because we don't know what they do.
>> No. 13345
[x] Use Small White Gem
>> No. 13346
>>13339

No. You're falling into the mindset that leads to "Too Awesome to Use." That is a bad idea, my friend. Useful items help no one if they are never put to use.

[X] Use Small White Gem
>> No. 13347
[X] Use Small White Gem

Hooray Bufula?
>> No. 13365
>>13346

Actually, that wasn't my mindset at all. What I meant was, we need to ration out our free-use weaponry, so that when we've exhausted all our mana, we have something other than knives and nailguns for fighting bigger shadows and/or mobs. At least keep the big red gem for opponent(s) like that, or for a boss such as the one in the mall. We've seen what a small one did to the shack, the big one undoubtedly is going to be like a grenade.

Reimu has already fucked away our other red gem and the green ones because she has no offensive magic. Real smooth move, there. The moment we get back to the real world, we buy her a damn handgun, or some makeshift molotovs. After all, these things were already said to be rare finds.
>> No. 13379
>The moment we get back to the real world, we buy her a damn handgun

That is something I can get behind. Let's see how deep Letty's "connections" really are, to get a handgun in Japan.
>> No. 13387
Plucking the white gem from the now smaller selection of goodies, you hold it up to your eye for a second before dropping it through the hole below you. You watch as the glittering crystal plummets down to smash against the tiled floor just next to the corner-mounted shadow. You had hoped for an explosion of lightning, force or... something... definitely not the large glowing circle that sprung out across the floor around the shadow. Almost immediately the hair on the back of your neck stands upright, a fearful chill running down your spine as a series of what look like paper wards spring up, surrounding the shadow as best the can. It's all you can do to keep watching and not make a break for it - this feeling was similar to what you felt whenever you saw lightning being used, but it just seemed so, so much worse.

The shadow below seemed to scream in annoyance and you realized that, for whatever reason, it seemed unable to move - not even so much as a twitch. Mere moments later it screamed again as, from each of the wards, bright lances of light seemed to burst out, all of them directed inwards towards the shadow - no, through the shadow. From every direction the thing was being impaled by nails of light that... wait... were they? You wince as you realize that the beams were splitting apart as they traveled and you suspected that the ones already inside the monster were doing the exact same thing - literally ripping it to pieces from the inside. After a few seconds of this rather terrible torture the wards and light fade away, leaving the shadow to simply collapse into a dead puddle of goo on the floor.

“Nasty...” You hiss to yourself. There was no way you could see that anything could survive that - it was literally an instant kill move that brooked now escape or, from what you could see, defense. Was this why you seemed so terrified of it? Was your persona aware of how deadly such a thing would have been to you?

You don't have the time to contemplate further as, given the roar of rage from below, the elephant shadow knew it was under attack. Eyeing the drop from the ceiling to the floor with a little suspicion you quickly take a deep breath, maneuver around so that you were sitting on the edge of the hole and push forwards... You land with some force, but nothing your body couldn't take. It occurs to you, for a moment, that had you tried such a jump normally you held a pretty good chance of breaking something, but here in these second days it did seem as if your body was perhaps a little more resistant than it was normally. Hell, you'd even died once... supposedly.

Glancing around your eyes widen for a brief moment before a blast of wind hits you almost dead-on, ripping into you and... not hurting as much as you had expected actually. Compared to being hit by other spells, this was little more than a stiff breeze. It's over quickly and, though it stung like hell, you don't feel all that damaged - which was lucky as this gave you a few extra seconds to spot the culprit, the final corner-shadow, and make a bee-line dash towards it. It's arms move about for a second casting but a bolt of lightning and a stream of nails interrupt it long enough for you to get close.

“Gather sign!” you hear Reimu yell, and risk a glance towards her voice. “Throwing of Mount Togakushi!” There's a horrendous crunching sound as Reimu's persona appears and holds out it's hands, palm downwards, expectantly. Immediately you spot that the floor is bulging and cracking moments before two giant chunks, like huge boulders, rip themselves free of the ground only to be caught by the orange-haired persona. A second glance tell you that despite the hunks of rock bursting through them the floor appears to have returned to normal afterwards and that Reimu's persona is...

You twitch slightly as it literally hurls one of the boulders into the elephant like a giant baseball, smashing into it's side with enough power to not only crush but pulp bone and organ - assuming shadows even possessed such things. Tearing your gaze away you continue your run towards the corner shadow, fork held out like a lance where, upon impact, it sinks into the monsters body like a nail into butter. Giving it a vicious twist you release one hand's hold and press your palm against the cold, squidgy, body. “Garu!” you yell, letting loose a point-blank blast of tearing winds which cause it's form to balloon slightly before ripping their way free - leaving it to sag and fall like a discarded party decoration.

Turning away from the dead thing you catch sight of another boulder smashing into the elephant, forcing it against the far wall due to the impact. Despite the huge forces that must be involved it doesn't actually look like the elephant has suffered much damage - sure one side was practically caved in, but this didn't seem to worry it as the thing was soon back on its feet and charging at Reimu... who seemed to be swaying slightly from the sudden expenditure of energy and not, say, getting the hell out of the way.


[ ] Action

(And for those of you still puzzled, Small white gem = Hama )
>> No. 13390
[x] Charge and plow into the elephant with all the might in your body. Try to knock it off its feet.
[x] "Reimu, get the hell out of the way! Reisen, help her!"
[x] Garu x 5 at the damaged side of the elephant.

*Sigh*
>> No. 13394
So the white gem was Hama? Good thing we used it now, then, as this is the sort of situation that it's most useful - when you need something dead, period. Plus, all the noteworthy boss types are always immune to it.

Still, it looks like we're weak to Hama, which blows. We're going to have to be damn careful about this, as that is a heinously bad weakness.

[X] Charge and plow into the elephant with all the might in your body. Try to knock it off its feet.
[X] "Reimu, get the hell out of the way! Reisen, help her!"
[X] Garu at the damaged side of the elephant. Four more if it actually seems to deal damage.

Slight modification. It used Garu on us before, and I'd rather not blast it with something it may be capable of absorbing.

Anyway, saving Reimu.
>> No. 13406
[X] Charge and plow into the elephant with all the might in your body. Try to knock it off its feet.
[X] "Reimu, get the hell out of the way! Reisen, help her!"
[X] Garu at the damaged side of the elephant. Four more if it actually seems to deal damage.
[X] See if you can afford to pick up a Homonculus or two after the Second Day ends.
>> No. 13409
[x] Charge and plow into the elephant with all the might in your body. Try to knock it off its feet.
[x] "Reimu, get the hell out of the way! Reisen, help her!"
[x] Garu at the damaged side of the elephant. Four more if it actually seems to deal damage. Otherwise, summon your persona.
>> No. 13473
[ ] Taclke Reimu out of the way
[ ] Yell for reisen to get out of the way.
[ ] Spellcard drop.
>> No. 13513
>[x] Charge and plow into the elephant with all the might in your body. Try to knock it off its feet.

Do you really think that's gonna work? Guys, it's an elephant. It weights over hundreds and hundreds of kilograms. Plus, it's a boss/mini-boss type shadow. Even if Yukari is powered a bit during the Second Days thanks to her persona, trying to tackle the huge thing is only gonna endanger the party even more.


[x] Taclke Reimu out of the way
[x] "Reimu, get the hell out of the way! Reisen, help her!"
[x] Garu at the damaged side of the elephant. Four more if it actually seems to deal damage. Otherwise, summon your persona.
>> No. 13515
[x] Taclke Reimu out of the way
[x] "Reimu, get the hell out of the way! Reisen, help her!"
[x] Garu at the damaged side of the elephant. Four more if it actually seems to deal damage. Otherwise, summon your persona.
>> No. 13525
I thought that at least one anon would have corrected the spelling mistake before voting for that one. I thought wrong.
>> No. 13538
>>13525
Ikno rigth? Silly anon.
>> No. 13556
>>13525

Well, if it bothers you that much, then I here, have a corrected one.

[x] Tackle Reimu out of the way
[x] "Reimu, get the hell out of the way! Reisen, help her!"
[x] Garu at the damaged side of the elephant. Four more if it actually seems to deal damage. Otherwise, summon your persona.
>> No. 13649
“Reimu!” You yell, your lower body already taking action by propelling you towards the woozy girl. Damn her! It was obvious, painfully so, that she had lied more than a little about how much she had left in her - you didn't know why she would have done such a thing but you were going to give her hell for it if you all got out of this in one piece. As you run a blue and purple blur passes you by and you cut back a curse as you realize that not only did Reisen have exactly the same reaction as you but she's also the faster sprinter. “Reisen!” You yell, if only to make yourself feel better by assuming some semblance of control over the situation, “help her!”

The girl's sprint doesn't so much as waver wheras you, on the other hand, adjust your direction slightly to hopefully meet the charging elephant yourself. Okay, so it was tiny little you versus a great big mass of shadowy muscle and flesh - normally such a confrontation would be no contest but... well, you had something vaguely approaching a plan. Okay, it was a plan which mainly relied on sheer dumb luck and hope, but hey - it was the best you could come up with under this sort of high-pressure time limit.

“Garu!” Your first shot falls wide of your intended target, smacking into the upper side of the elephant and doing little to slow it's charge. “Garu!” A second shot, lower this time, into the damaged side of the beast - it's charge seems to falter slightly and you smile a tight smile. “Garu! Garu!” Now you'd got your aim in, your third and fourth shots also hit home close to the damaged area, the effect making the elephant visibly slow down but not yet stop. It did, however, give Reisen plenty of time to get to Reisen and drag her the hell out of the way of it's charge. Now that you were committed, however, you didn't exactly feel like stopping your one-person assault as your eyes flicked down to the beasts legs as a devious idea sprung into your mind. This time your aim swung downwards to the ground a short distance in front of the elephant. “Garu!” Your shot tore a hole in the tiled floor and, as the elephant ran across it one of it's feet got caught, sending the black mass tumbling in an uncontrolled sliding fall.

Sparing only a quick glance over where Reisen cradled Reimu on the floor, you turn back to keep up your near-relentless assault on the shadow - running up and simply swinging at it with your fork. When the trunk whips out to smash into your side you duck and, as it swings back for another attempt, you impale it on the prongs of your weapon and then literally pin the trunk to it's own side in one vicious motion. Weapon temporarily useless, you rip your backup knife from it's sheath and lay into the prone elephant - stabbing wherever you can find a spot within reach.




“Woah! Woah! Hey! It'd dead!” You blink at the yelling, vaguely aware that Marisa and Letty are dragging you back from the corpse of the elephant - you fork and knife still stuck into the rapidly decomposing body. “You killed it already!”

“... Marisa?” You murmur, “What the hell?”

“Oh, so now you're sane.” Marisa grumbles, letting go of your arm and letting it flop to the floor. Moments later Letty does the same on the other side, resulting in your entire body falling backwards and your head bouncing off the tiles below you.

“Goddamit!” You swear, pulling yourself to a sitting position and rubbing your head with one hand. “What the hell was that for?”

“You freak out, go psycho on us, and then wonder why we dropped you on the ground?” Marisa huffs, “Maybe you'd like to tell us what the hell you were doing? When me 'n Letty got here you were practically chewing on that thing like a wild animal!”

“I...” You pause, “Really? Guess that explains why my mouth tastes like crap...” You mumble, making a face as you do so. “Ick, shadow taste. Ew.”

“This is not a time for joke making,” Letty whispers, her voice hard. “Every time I think you're acting well you seem to pull something exceedingly reckless like this...” She sighs and places one hand on your head, “Still, I suppose it could simply be the excitement of the moment getting to you - heaven knows that Sakuya can get more than a little crazy when she's hyped up like that.”


[ ] Action

Party status: 49% (inc. Letty and Marisa again)
>> No. 13652
[x] "Freak? No." Catch your breath and spit the shadow-goo out of your mouth. "That was a combat high. The Dutch fugue. 1984.. Great Outdoor Fight champion Fauntleroy Brown came up against Fast Eddie Brandt and in a fit of fury... tore Brandt's heart out of his ribcage. Three days and 586 corpses later, Fauntleroy thrust his fingers through second-to-last-man-standing Fancy Joe Comanche's eyes, hooked the sockets, and proceeded to rip his skull out along with his spinal column, while leaving the skin of face intact. Scientists are still figuring it out."
[x] Retrieve your weapons from the muck while you talk. "Anyhow, let's get a move on. We'll scope out the cafeteria after we finish clearing this ward. All this fighting is making me famished."
>> No. 13653
[X] "Reimu... where the hell is Reimu? I've pulled some stupid shit so far, but so help me..."
[X] When you get your hands on that little shrine maiden, she is going to get such a talking to!
[X] Is this what Letty goes through with you? You'll have to apologize to her later.
[X] Get everyone together, assess your party, and check out that elephant Shadow, just to see if it's really dead - did whatever it was holding break free yet?

God damn it, Reimu!
>> No. 13656
[x] "Freak? No." Catch your breath and spit the shadow-goo out of your mouth. "That was a combat high. The Dutch fugue. 1984.. Great Outdoor Fight champion Fauntleroy Brown came up against Fast Eddie Brandt and in a fit of fury... tore Brandt's heart out of his ribcage. Three days and 586 corpses later, Fauntleroy thrust his fingers through second-to-last-man-standing Fancy Joe Comanche's eyes, hooked the sockets, and proceeded to rip his skull out along with his spinal column, while leaving the skin of face intact. Scientists are still figuring it out."
[x] Retrieve your weapons from the muck while you talk.
[x] "Reimu... where the hell is Reimu? I've pulled some stupid shit so far, but so help me..."
[x] Get everyone together, assess your party, and check out that elephant Shadow, just to see if it's really dead - did whatever it was holding break free yet?

>[x] When you get your hands on that little shrine maiden, she is going to get such a talking to!
Like we're one to talk.
>[x] Is this what Letty goes through with you? You'll have to apologize to her later.
No! Hmph!
>> No. 13657
[x] "Freak? No." Catch your breath and spit the shadow-goo out of your mouth. "That was a combat high. The Dutch fugue. 1984.. Great Outdoor Fight champion Fauntleroy Brown came up against Fast Eddie Brandt and in a fit of fury... tore Brandt's heart out of his ribcage. Three days and 586 corpses later, Fauntleroy thrust his fingers through second-to-last-man-standing Fancy Joe Comanche's eyes, hooked the sockets, and proceeded to rip his skull out along with his spinal column, while leaving the skin of face intact. Scientists are still figuring it out."
[x] Retrieve your weapons from the muck while you talk.
[x] "Reimu... where the hell is Reimu? I've pulled some stupid shit so far, but so help me..."
[x] Get everyone together, assess your party, and check out that elephant Shadow, just to see if it's really dead - did whatever it was holding break free yet?
>> No. 13658
[x] "Freak? No." Catch your breath and spit the shadow-goo out of your mouth. "That was a combat high. The Dutch fugue. 1984.. Great Outdoor Fight champion Fauntleroy Brown came up against Fast Eddie Brandt and in a fit of fury... tore Brandt's heart out of his ribcage. Three days and 586 corpses later, Fauntleroy thrust his fingers through second-to-last-man-standing Fancy Joe Comanche's eyes, hooked the sockets, and proceeded to rip his skull out along with his spinal column, while leaving the skin of face intact. Scientists are still figuring it out."
[x] Retrieve your weapons from the muck while you talk.
[x] "Reimu... where the hell is Reimu? I've pulled some stupid shit so far, but so help me..."
[x] Get everyone together, assess your party, and check out that elephant Shadow, just to see if it's really dead - did whatever it was holding break free yet?
>> No. 13662
[x] "Freak? No." Catch your breath and spit the shadow-goo out of your mouth. "That was a combat high. The Dutch fugue. 1984.. Great Outdoor Fight champion Fauntleroy Brown came up against Fast Eddie Brandt and in a fit of fury... tore Brandt's heart out of his ribcage. Three days and 586 corpses later, Fauntleroy thrust his fingers through second-to-last-man-standing Fancy Joe Comanche's eyes, hooked the sockets, and proceeded to rip his skull out along with his spinal column, while leaving the skin of face intact. Scientists are still figuring it out."
[x] Retrieve your weapons from the muck while you talk.
[x] "Reimu... where the hell is Reimu? I've pulled some stupid shit so far, but so help me..."
[x] Get everyone together, assess your party, and check out that elephant Shadow, just to see if it's really dead - did whatever it was holding break free yet?
>> No. 13663
[x] "Freak? No." Catch your breath and spit the shadow-goo out of your mouth. "That was a combat high. The Dutch fugue. 1984.. Great Outdoor Fight champion Fauntleroy Brown came up against Fast Eddie Brandt and in a fit of fury... tore Brandt's heart out of his ribcage. Three days and 586 corpses later, Fauntleroy thrust his fingers through second-to-last-man-standing Fancy Joe Comanche's eyes, hooked the sockets, and proceeded to rip his skull out along with his spinal column, while leaving the skin of face intact. Scientists are still figuring it out."
[x] Retrieve your weapons from the muck while you talk.
[x] "Reimu... where the hell is Reimu? I've pulled some stupid shit so far, but so help me..."
[x] Get everyone together, assess your party, and check out that elephant Shadow, just to see if it's really dead - did whatever it was holding break free yet?

I HAVE A RAGING KILL BONER RIGHT NOW
>> No. 13664
[X] Not a word of that Dutch fugue shit.
[X] "Hey, where's Reimu? She almost let that thing crush her before I... went wild."
[X] Is this what Letty goes through with you? You'll have to apologize to her later.
[X] Get everyone together, assess your party, and check out that elephant Shadow, just to see if it's really dead - did whatever it was holding break free yet?
>> No. 13667
[x] "Freak? No." Catch your breath and spit the shadow-goo out of your mouth. "That was a combat high. The Dutch fugue. 1984.. Great Outdoor Fight champion Fauntleroy Brown came up against Fast Eddie Brandt and in a fit of fury... tore Brandt's heart out of his ribcage. Three days and 586 corpses later, Fauntleroy thrust his fingers through second-to-last-man-standing Fancy Joe Comanche's eyes, hooked the sockets, and proceeded to rip his skull out along with his spinal column, while leaving the skin of face intact. Scientists are still figuring it out."
[x] Retrieve your weapons from the muck while you talk.
[x] "Reimu... where the hell is Reimu? I've pulled some stupid shit so far, but so help me..."
[x] Get everyone together, assess your party, and check out that elephant Shadow, just to see if it's really dead - did whatever it was holding break free yet?

I sorta like this.
>> No. 13669
>“Still, I suppose it could simply be the excitement of the moment getting to you - heaven knows that Sakuya can get more than a little crazy when she's hyped up like that.”

I like where this is going, being compared to Letty's previous partners. Letty is probably thinking of Yukari as Diet Sakuya: Someone who knows a fair number of her secrets and has all that vicious and irascible hot-bloodedness that gets her wet, but minus the empty calories--the backstabbing, the extortion, the conflicting loyalties and genuine malice.
>> No. 13841
“Freak out?” You ask, glaring up at Marisa, “No.” As your breathing starts to normalize you start coughing and, after a few moments, spit out a gob of black shadow-goo which splats upon the ground and causes both she and Letty to step back in distaste. “That was a combat high,” you grumble, “The Dutch fuge. Nineteen-eighty-four...” You feel you mouth start working on its own as a fog seems to settle over your mind. “Great Outdoor Fight champion Fauntleroy Brown came up against Fast Eddie Brandt and in a fit of fury... tore Brandt's heart out of his ribcage. Three days and 586 corpses later, Fauntleroy thrust his fingers through second-to-last-man-standing Fancy Joe Comanche's eyes, hooked the sockets, and proceeded to rip his skull out along with his spinal column, while leaving the skin of face intact. Scientists are still figuring it out.” You pause as some thought approaches your mouth, “His punishment was... Punishment was... ... Was....” You fall silent as some slippery thought seems to evade you, hiding just out of the reach of your mind. “I... don't know.” You mumble a last, shaking your head to clear the fog from it.

“Woah...” Marisa whispers, “That's... definitely freaky.”

“Where on earth would you hear something like that?” Asks Letty, looking down at you with some concern, “And are you sure you're alright? You seemed a little out of it just then.”

“I'm fine!” You hiss, though the way you wince as you stand up probably doesn't add much substance to your claim. “And as to that nugget of knowledge...” You pause, “... I have no idea where I heard it. Late night TV or something probably.” Wincing a few more times you make your way over to where your weapons lie, covered in muck. Grimacing you pull them from the goop and shake the worst of the slime off before looking back at the woman and girl. “Where's Reimu?” You ask suddenly, “Is she alright? I've pulled some stupid shit in my time but that was...”

“She's fine.” Letty states, “We moved her into a side-room with some beds.... She used a spellcard, didn't she?”

“Well, yeah.” You respond, “She said she could handle one or two without trouble.”

“Dammit Reimu!” Marisa exploded as you said that, then glared at you. “She can barely handle one! Let alone two!” Biting her lip the girl took a deep breath. “She lied to you - Reimu's spellcards are easily the strongest out of all of us, but they take so much out of her that just one will leave her ready to fall!”

She lied? Reimu lied to you? For a moment you're stunned by how... how stupid this all was. You glance at Letty and wince slightly, was this how she felt when you did something stupid?

Probably.

You sigh, suddenly feeling particularly crappy inside. Both from the idea of how close Reimu had come to being paste, and also due to the spike of guilt as you realized that this was how Letty must feel almost all the time with the three of you to look after. Worse, perhaps, since from what little you knew about her past she had actually seen someone she knew die out here...

“Lets go check on Reimu.” You mumble, taking a kick at the pool of slime at your feet. “Did anyone see if anything got let free when it died?” Both Letty and Marisa shake their heads.

“No, by the time we got here it was pretty much dead.” Letty murmurs, “Anything that got released would have been so on death, Reisen may have seen something but I doubt she was paying attention to that sort of thing at the time.”

“Fine...” You mutter, taking another kick at the goop. “Lets get out of here, whatever happened it's still two down and one to go and then... then... Then I have no idea. I guess we'll head back to the lobby and see if anything has changed.”


“Yukari!” Reisen was on her feet and practically crashing into you the moment you were through the door that led into the little preparation room in which Reimu rested. “You're alright!” The girls arms were around your waist and her head buried in your chest. A little unsure as to what you were supposed to do you settled for just reaching out and patting her on the back in what you hoped was a comforting gesture. Looking past her you see Reimu, awake, giving you a little wave and hollow smile.

[ ] Angry Response
[ ] Cold Response
[ ] Soft Response
[ ] Remain Silent.
>> No. 13842
>>13841

[ ] Soft Response
>> No. 13843
[x] Angry Response
>> No. 13847
[X] Angry Response

Lying about capabilities like that only make combat situations more difficult.
>> No. 13848
[x] Angry Response

Goddammit woman, don't do that to us.
>> No. 13850
[x] Angry Response
[x] Then after you realize that you've pulled some stupid shit yourself
[x] Soft Response
>> No. 13853
[x] Cold Response

Hoho~
>> No. 13857
[x] Angry Response
[x] Then after you realize that you've pulled some stupid shit yourself
[x] Soft Response
>> No. 13858
[x] Soft Response
Broskis, it all worked out in the end
What's done is done, move on and get more shit done.
>> No. 13873
[X] Angry Response, but soft when you've let off some steam

>“Yukari!” Reisen was on her feet and practically crashing into you the moment you were through the door that led into the little preparation room in which Reimu rested. “You're alright!” The girls arms were around your waist and her head buried in your chest.

DEREDEREDEREDEREDERE
>> No. 13898
[x] Angry Response
[x] Then after you realize that you've pulled some stupid shit yourself
[x] Soft Response
>> No. 13900
>[x] Then after you realize that you've pulled some stupid shit yourself.

Is this some regret I sense here?
>> No. 13905
>>13900

There is a limit to my hypocrisy.
>> No. 13908
>>13905

But there is only one path!
>> No. 13924
[x] Soft Response
>> No. 14084
bump
>> No. 14089
[x] Soft Response
>> No. 14129
>“Did anyone see if anything got let free when it died?” Both Letty and Marisa shake their heads.
>“No, by the time we got here it was pretty much dead.” Letty murmurs, “Anything that got released would have been so on death, Reisen may have seen something but I doubt she was paying attention to that sort of thing at the time.”

So the likely explanation is that the violent spirit possessed Yukari, causing her to fugue, mutilating the corpse just like those poltergeists in the lobby.

[x] Ruffle Response

"I like you, Reimu. You remind me of a younger me. Not too much younger, mind you. Maybe even a few years older."
>> No. 14353
“Reimu.” You state, your voice hard. Disentangling yourself from Reisen's embrace you quickly step over to where Reimu sat on one of the medical beds. Your hand whipped out and the room went silent at the sharp crack of your fingers meeting her cheek in a painful slap. “What the hell were you thinking!” You yell, vaguely aware that tears were starting to form in your eyes, “You said you knew what you were doing! You lied to us! You could have been killed!”

Reimu was silent, one hand held to her cheek in surprise.

“Do you have any idea how terrified I was when I say yout just standing there while that thing charged right at you!?” You yell, your face red from a mix of anger and relief, “Do you?”

“You've done worse...” Reimu muttered back, causing you to step back in shock. “How is this any different to what you do all the time?”

“It's very different!” You growl back, “At least I knew the risks of what I did! At least everyone else knew if I was going to do something stupid! At least I don't have anyone back home who'll care if I die!” At that last one the girls in the room stared at you in shock. “You have parents! You have friends at school! You have people who actually give a damn about your continued existence! If I die then other than you no-one will even notice I'm gone!” As your rant winds down you look away from Reimu and sniffle slightly, “If stupid shit is going to be done, then leave it to me... It's not like I have anything to lose anyway.”

A pair of arms appeared around your waist then, and you felt Reisen pull herself against you from behind. “That's not true!” She growled, “I'd... We'd miss you if you were gone...” she mutters, and you vaguely realize she's crying.

“She's right you know.” Letty murmurs in the relative silence, “I've already lost someone I considered a friend - please, don't make me have to go through that again with you.” You feel guilty at that, looking down at the floor with your eyes misting up.

“Yeah!” comes a cry from Marisa, “If you die then who am I gonna use as a meat shield, huh?” you glare at her for a moment as she smirks back. “Besides,” she adds, “I don't wanna go to the trouble of convincing someone else to join our astronomy club - and anyway, you haven't got us all killed yet so I guess you're a pretty good leader... That and I'm sort of curious curious as to what kind of stupid crazy shit you're gonna do next.”

“I think i'd miss you too,” Reimu adds, her voice quiet, “Since you showed up we've learned more about this place than I ever knew - and... I think there's something special about you. I think, maybe, that you might be... important... somehow.” She smiles slightly, though it's not a pleasant one, “and now of course I have to get you back for that slap - so i'm not going to let you die until I have.”

“Gee,” you grumble, “I'm so glad to know your only incentive to get through this is so you can beat me up afterwards.” Despite this you grin slightly, your heart feeling somewhat lighter for the support everyone seemed to be heaping upon you. “Fine - I promise I won't let myself get killed, as long as you promise the same.” The girls nod and you smile. “Now... Lets see about getting all this over and done with so we can go home and I can wash my mouth out with every damn mouthwash we have - shadows really don't taste nice at all.”

As the others laugh slightly at your attempted humor, the world stops dead and a voice - a familiar one - echoes through your head.

Foolish Traveller Who Follows Many Paths To Seek Out The Truth. Know Now That Thou Art One Step Closer Towards The Judgement At The End Of Many Choice.

You stumbled slightly, unlike the other voices this one seemed to be roaring at you from inside your own head - frankly it hurt like hell! You'd had headaches before, but those were nothing compared to the throbbing within your skull that this voice left you with as the world started up again.

“-kari! Are you okay?” you feel yourself being shaken and realize that Letty is standing in front of you, her hands holding onto your shoulders as she shakes to back and forth. “Are you alright?”

“'m fine...” you mumble, “Jus'... Jus' one hell of a headache...” You can feel the pain receding even as you speak. “I'll be fine in a minute...” You sigh as the pain finally fades away. "Yeah... Okay... Yeah, i'm fine now - probably just a carryover from earlier is all."


[ ] Plan of Action

Fool Arcana +1
>> No. 14355
>“Fine - I promise I won't let myself get killed, as long as you promise the same.”

A bit hard to believe, considering Yukari already died once.

[X]Party status 49%? Recovery time! Take a small rest, and use items if necessary.
[X]Go check the 'ghosts'.
[X] Head to the Morgue.

Morgue, that's where the last spirit should be, isn't?
>> No. 14356
>>14355
But that involved getting OHKO'd by Kaguya!
>> No. 14357
[X]Party status 49%? Recovery time! Take a small rest, and use items if necessary.
[X]Go check the 'ghosts'.
[X] Head to the Morgue.
>> No. 14358
>Know Now That Thou Art One Step Closer Towards The Judgement At The End Of Many Choice

FFFFFFFFFF-

[x] Take a rest.
[x] Discuss the next course of action with the group.

How much time do we have left before this second day ends?
>> No. 14359
No you silly sausages! Check the 'ghosts' after checking the morgue!
>> No. 14360
>>14358
If it's like the Persona games, as much time as we want there to be left. I think it'd be a rather dick move to actually keep time in dark land.
>> No. 14365
Time will only be tracked if there's actually a time limit you actually know you need to beat.

Otherwise assume you have plenty of time to do whatever is needed during the day.
>> No. 14393
[X]Party status 49%? Recovery time! Take a small rest, and use items if necessary.
[X]Go check the 'ghosts'.
[X] Head to the Morgue.
>> No. 14407
>>14359
Goddammit, Max. Go back to writing the plague doctor story. I fucking loved that.
>> No. 14411
>“If stupid shit is going to be done, then leave it to me... It's not like I have anything to lose anyway.”

>A pair of arms appeared around your waist then, and you felt Reisen pull herself against you from behind. “That's not true!” She growled, “I'd... We'd miss you if you were gone...” she mutters, and you vaguely realize she's crying.

Oh god Reisen why so lovable
>> No. 14412
Max is right.

[x]Party status 49%? Recovery time! Take a small rest, and use items if necessary.
[x] Head to the Morgue.
[x]Go check the 'ghosts'.
>> No. 14429
[x] Party status 49%? Recovery time! Take a small rest, and use items if necessary.
[x] Head to the Morgue.
[x] Go check the 'goasts'.
>> No. 14446
[x] Go check the 'zombai goasts'.
>> No. 15832
Update ;_;
>> No. 17559
This won't be forgotten!
>> No. 19226
TO THE TOP.
>> No. 19235
Let what's dead rest in peace. Jesus.
>> No. 19244
>>19235

Had AD disappeared like most faggots who stop writing, then yeah, I would leave this thread alone. But he is still around and writing. Until he says this is dead, I am going to bump this as long as I have to.
>> No. 19255
>>19244

And my axe.
>> No. 19310
>>19255
And my ...something.
>> No. 19657
And my bump!
>> No. 19732
AD characterizations in this always seemed a cut-above the ones in Skittles (especially that milquetoast protagonist), so I feel a bit cheated, every time he posts an update for that instead of this.
>> No. 19733
>>19732

Yeah, that and plot.
>> No. 19823
“Well, if you're sure...” Letty mumbles, her voice wavering slightly. You look at her for a few moments before shaking your head slightly.

“Maybe a bit of a break would be a good idea?” You suggest, causing her to smile and nod in relief. “Since here seems pretty safe and all...”

The woman nods and smiles at you before turning and slipping her arm under your shoulder and leading to you one of the beds next to where Reimu lay. “Right then,” she states, “You two get some rest - you as well Marisa, you're hiding it well but you can't fool me, you used up more energy taking out the traps than you want to admit.” You laugh slightly as Marisa, blushing, ducks her head in embarassment at being caught out.


The morgue entrance, at least this one, was a set of concrete steps leading down into a short gloomy tunnel. Beside it was an elevator, which you had unanimously agreed not to use as the idea of being caught in what was effectively a large metal coffin really didn't appeal to any of your group. Besides, it was pretty obvious that the only real use for that elevator was to move corpses from various floors down for storage in the morgue and that, frankly, didn't help the case for using it.

“So... You want to go first?” Marisa asked, nervously glancing down into the gloom.

“Afraid?” You whisper back, “I'm surprised at you.”

The blond girl grimaces, gesturing with her baseball bat, “Not afraid,” she mumbles, “But it's... dead people... y'know? Besides, I don't see you being in a hurry to go down there.”

You're about to reply when Reimu simply pushes past you, hurrying down the stairs in a quick tak tak tak of hard soles on concrete. Steadying yourself you look down at her as she glances back, sighs at the two of you, then casually pushes the morgue door open to walk inside.

“Priests and shrine maidens often get called in to perform last rites for people.” You feel Letty's hand on your shoulder, and you suspect that her other hand is probably on Marisa's. “Though I think Reimu herself is likely considered too inexperienced to do them herself, I have no doubt she would have attended more than a few.” There's a slight hesitant pause before Letty continues, “I don't know if she's aware that what she sees in a casket is not quite the same as what goes into a morgue though...” With that the larger woman clapped both you and Marisa on the back, before stooping to grab her weapon and following Reimu into the gloom.

“You'll chew a nameless horror to death, but you don't like the idea of corpses? You're hard to understand Yukari,” Reisen commented, following Letty. You note that she's holding a torch up against her nailgun to illuminate what she aimed at, the same way you saw people do in movies. “The faster we go, the faster we get out again.” she adds, prompting both you and Marisa to hurry after her.


The morgue itself was badly lit, though you could make out plenty of light fixtures covering the ceiling. Letty, as you creeped along, quietly explained that it was a belief thing - people expected morgues to be badly lit, like in horror films, and so inevitably it meant that such a place during a second day would be badly lit. It made sense, you guessed, in that twisted way in which everything made some kind of sense during these days.

What was worse was that you knew you weren't alone down here. Every now and then a torch, usually Reisen's - she seemed to have the sharpest vision out of all of you - would sudden swing up to lighten some nook, crevice or patch of ceiling. There were shadows, flying ones, down here - though as of yet none of you had managed to catch a good look at one. It wasn't long before you found a junction, marked with some simple signs. Specifically, unreadable signs.

“Let me guess,” you grumble, “Because they're always badly signposted in horror films?”

“Actually, they're just old.” Letty replies, rubbing one of the signs with her hand. “Except this last one, which seems more recent than the rest - for a newer department perhaps?” She removes her hand, letting you see the sign marked for cold storage. “I don't think it's for corpses.” She adds, “Most likely the specimens bank they started a year or so ago - frozen sperm, eggs, blood, that kind of thing if I remember right.”

“Corpses wouldn't be too far off then,” Reisen points out, “I see corpses stored in freezers all the time on crime drama shows. It would make sense to have their cold storage near, well, other cold storage.”

“Seems a little weird, sample stores next to body stores.” chimes in Marisa, “Doesn't it?”

Reisen shakes her head, “Not if they couldn't put them anywhere else. Plus we're underground, it's naturally colder - so they save a bit on power if they're doing it down here.”

“And the other directions?” You ask, cutting Marisa's retort off before she could make it. “There was another entrance to down here, and I think that might be straight ahead - though there must be other stuff down there too.”

“There's an external door too.” states Reimu. “The funeral parlors pick them up from there so that the bodies don't need to be taken through the hospital at large.” Noting your surprised looks she shrugs. “You pick these things up when you have to kill an hour waiting for the last few family members to show up at a service.” She pauses slightly, pursing her lips, “And when you make out with an apprentice mortician a few times, they really like the sound of their own voices.”

“Right...” you mumble, “well... let's -”

Party status: 65%

[ ] head left to 'Cold Storage'
[ ] head straight ahead to the other exit.
[ ] head to the right.
[ ] other plans
-------------------
Reposting here because this thread hasn't gone to autosage yet.
>> No. 19825
[x] head to the right.
>> No. 19826
>>19823
Yeah, uh, wups. Thought autosage was 100 posts for some reason. Deleting other thread.
>> No. 19827
[x] head to the right.
>> No. 19829
[x] head left to 'Cold Storage'
>> No. 19834
>“You pick these things up when you have to kill an hour waiting for the last few family members to show up at a service.” She pauses slightly, pursing her lips, “And when you make out with an apprentice mortician a few times, they really like the sound of their own voices.”

hahaha

[x] head left to 'Cold Storage'
>> No. 19838
[ze] Head left to "Cold Storage."

Supplies?

>>19823
>“And when you make out with an apprentice mortician a few times, they really like the sound of their own voices.”
Poor, desperate Reimu~

...Unless she was making out with Orin.
>> No. 19848
>“And when you make out with an apprentice mortician a few times, they really like the sound of their own voices.”

Nice.

>Party status: 65%

Acceptable.
[ ] head left to 'Cold Storage'

And holy crap, an update! I was starting to lose hope!
>> No. 19849
[x] head left to 'Cold Storage'
>> No. 19850
>>19838
>...Unless she was making out with Orin.
Incredibly hot.
>> No. 19854
File 124243896699.jpg - (157.76KB , 850x700 , sample-da19b1caeda0b73c09aaea44a4216517.jpg ) [iqdb]
19854
>>19850
>Orin
>hot

YOU THINK YOU'RE SOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY DON'T YOU
>> No. 19977
>>19976
Bump
>> No. 20335
Come on AD
>> No. 20569
“We go left,” you say at last, glancing at Marisa. “Just because some of us are uncomfortable around corpses, it doesn't mean that we can really put off going where they are.”

“If storage is this way,” Reisen cuts in, pointing to the left passageway, “Then I would expect the actual autopsy rooms to be connected, so if they were down the middle, on the left side of the corridor, then they could be potentially be connected directly to the storage freezer.”

You pause, raising one eyebrow at the purple-haired girl. “And you didn't mention this before... why?”

She grins back, “And risk interfering with your decision making because you've seen a few too many horror films?” You stare at her, unimpressed, for several long seconds. “... and I didn't think about it until now,” Reisen admits finally, her face flushing red due to your scrutiny.

“That's what I thought.” you mutter, “Well, lets head down there anyway - knowing our luck we'll probably have to search all over before we actually find our target anyway.” Reimu and Marisa nod in agreement, while Letty just looks thoughtful.

“Cunning on the part of shadows?” She wonders aloud, as your party heads down the new corridor. “Or just bad luck on the part of us?”

“The gods know what they're doing,” Reimu states, “At least that's what my parents expect me to tell all the hopeless cases that show up at the shrine.”

“So we're a hopeless case now?” mutters Reisen, “It's good to know where we stand in the grand scheme of things. I think.”

You snicker at that. “Hopeless or not, as long as we're the ones left standing when all the ass kicking is done - does it really matter what kind of case we are?” You heft your garden fork, noting the bent tines and the few cracks in the handle. “'course, it'd be nice to get some new ass kicking implements to facilitate our continuation of standing.”

“'facilitate'?” Marisa raises an eyebrow, “When did you start speaking all fancy like that?” You shrug and turn away from her, stepping quickly down the hallway without giving a reply. The blond just laughs and you blush slightly.


The air grows colder as your group heads towards the storage area. “Well this is rather nice,” Letty comments. “I always did prefer things to be cooler - and it has been far too warm this season.”

“Except it shouldn't be cold here.” Reisen points out, “The freezers should all be sealed. Even if they were all open, it shouldn't be this cold this far down the hallway.”

“Be on your guard then,” you mutter, then squint slightly. The cold is making the place mist up something fierce, dropping visibility quickly as your group moves ahead. “I'm not liking this one bit.” You add, as a scuttering sound from above has everyone freeze and look around nervously. As the rest of your group does their best to cover every angle, you peer into the growing mist. “A few doors,” you state, “ one at the end - I think, two to the left and another on the right. It looks like this mist is coming from them all though.”

“And?” Reimu asks, “What're we going to do?”


Party status: 65%

[ ] Plan of action. Whatever plan you want~


>>20335
I came.
>> No. 20571
[ ] open all ports Doors.

Let's be the motherfucking Commodore Perry.
>> No. 20572
[x] Cast a little fire or wind magic - try to get the mist out of your vision.
[x] One door at a time, starting with the left, and working across until you hit the door at the end. BE CAREFUL OF TRAPS.
>> No. 20575
>>20572
But Wriggle is Yukari's Persona. Why would she need to be careful of her?
>> No. 20576
[x] Cast a little fire or wind magic - try to get the mist out of your vision.
[x] One door at a time, starting with the left, and working across until you hit the door at the end. BE CAREFUL OF TRAPS.
>> No. 20577
[x] Put on your glasses so you can see trhough the mist
[x] Cast a little fire or wind magic - try to get the mist out of your vision.
[x] One door at a time, starting with the left, and working across until you hit the door at the end. BE CAREFUL OF TRAPS.
>> No. 20580
>>20575
That was bad and you should feel bad.
>>20577
The goggles do nothing.

Gah, now it's affecting me.
>> No. 20581
>>20575
wouldn't wriggle be a reverse trap?
>> No. 20587
[x] Cast a little fire or wind magic - try to get the mist out of your vision.
[x] One door at a time, starting with the left, and working across until you hit the door at the end. BE CAREFUL OF TRAPS
>> No. 20649
[x] Cast a little fire or wind magic - try to get the mist out of your vision.
[x] One door at a time, starting with the left, and working across until you hit the door at the end. BE CAREFUL OF TRAPS.
[X]"Not counting the corpses, doesn't anyone else think this is suspicious?"
>> No. 20699
[~] Cast a little fire or wind magic - try to get the mist out of your vision.
[z] One door at a time, starting with the left, and working across until you hit the door at the end. BE CAREFUL OF TRAPS.
[e]"Not counting the corpses, doesn't anyone else think this is suspicious?"

Changed my vote.
>> No. 20958
[x] Cast a little update magic - try to get the updates to show up in your vision.
[x] One update at a time, starting with the left, and working across until you hit the update at the end. BE CAREFUL OF TRAPS.
>> No. 21017
[x] Cast a little fire or wind magic - try to get the mist out of your vision.
[x] One door at a time, starting with the left, and working across until you hit the door at the end. BE CAREFUL OF TRAPS.
[x]"Not counting the corpses, doesn't anyone else think this is suspicious?"
>> No. 21439
update
>> No. 22357
Updates?
>> No. 22359
File 125410298842.jpg - (97.00KB , 284x269 , mccoy.jpg ) [iqdb]
22359
She's been dead for quite some time now, Jim.
>> No. 22360
>>22359

There still is a chance! If we drop a genesis missile here, we can surely ressurrect her!
>> No. 22398
>>22360
Or just really bitch at the author enough, (on IRC if you can catch him), and he'll get around to an update or two.
>> No. 22407
>>22398

you'd think so, wouldn't you~
Arright, fine, fine. I'll get an update of some kind for this up at some point - probably skip ahead a bit to something a bit more interesting than 'poking in dark corners in a morgue' though.
>> No. 22408
>>22407
Hooray!
>> No. 22413
>>22407

Yes, please do. This was easily one of my favorite stories on these boards, if not my favorite. I even went out and bought P3 because this story was so damned good, you know.

I also rather liked that *other* Persona story on here, but then it had to go and wither and die. Not even sure what happened with that one.