[Return]
Archived Thread

File 122943481258.jpg - (220.94KB , 865x521 , 永江 衣玖 PIZZA get.jpg ) [iqdb]
12464 No. 12464
Nearing Automatic sage, so starting anew thread.

----------------------
[x] Wake her up. She looks hungry.
[x] Hold a piece of pizza just in front of her face, and wait for a reaction.

With some amusement, you watch as the girl rolls her back on to the futon, pulling the covers back over and sinking back into the soft fabric, evidently still fast asleep. She huddles unconsciously into the blanket and soon, all that you can see is a pale face and an extended leg, sticking out from under the cloth.

You step into the room, neglecting to put down your food, intent on awakening the girl. As if reacting to your presence, the girl rolls over, as if to attempt to thwart your advance.

Sighing, you stand before her sleeping form, wondering how to best approach the situation. And in the darkened room, inspiration strikes. Perhaps this wouldn’t be one of your better flashes of inspiration, but it seemed fairly appropriate at the time.

”In the hero’s mighty grasp, lay the artifact of power.” You say to no one in particular, reciting the plot device of countless stories and raising the slice of pizza. Dropping to one knee before the girl’s unconscious form, you strike with unerring precision, swiftly brining your slice of pizza to bear, suspending it a perfect five centimeters above the pale skin of the girl’s nose. You’ve made your move, and now you await her reaction.

You are not disappointed as the girl twitches slightly, sniffing the air.

The girl sniffs again, inhaling deeply, and a content smile breaks out on her face, obviously finding the scent of freshly made pizza as pleasing as most people do.

”Ah…thank you Hinanawi-sama…” she says dreamily, “…maybe…maybe just on more bite.” She continues blissfully unaware of her exact situation. “It smells, really good!”

You watch impassively as the sleeping girl raises her head ever so slightly. Then, she opens her mouth and nibbles daintily on thin air as she chews her nonexistent meal, apparently with great relish, if you’re any judge on the ecstatic expression gracing her features.

You continue for a full minute, watching as your sleeping companion performs an impressive array of mastication of imaginary food, before deciding to end the childish game.

But just as you’re about to retract your hand, a door slams hard, sending a shudder throughout the entire wooden house. With a start you stand up, dropping the slice before you can correct the mistake.

With a curse, you make a grab for the errant slice, but in the gloom, you miss your mark and watch the slice fall, as if in slow motion towards its unintended target below. Almost comically, it impacts the sleeping girl’s face with a soggy slap and a spray of loose toppings and mayonnaise.

You waste no time, and kneel to retrieve the slice, hoping that she girl has yet to awaken, but your hand stops short as a ruby eye flickers open and regards you somberly.

You realize, that for all your planning, you're in the very situation you wanted to avoid. Allowing the girl to awaken in a strange room with a strange man under strange circumstances.

[] Apologize at once.
[] Introduce yourself, and then apologize.
[] Run for it, before she can take a good look at you.
[] “…Pizza?”

Once again, feel free to write in sensibly.

>> No. 12465
File 122943515625.jpg - (117.38KB , 448x408 , No Words.jpg ) [iqdb]
12465
>and mayonnaise.
>> No. 12466
File 12294353858.png - (22.40KB , 500x600 , 1214695892889.png ) [iqdb]
12466
[!/] Introduce yourself while peeling the pizza off her face, and then apologize.

Hi my name is ___________.
Sorry about that.

Atmosphere readan' games?
>> No. 12467
[x] Quickly tell her to not freak out.
[x] Apologize at once. Make it fast.
[x] Introduce yourself once she's calmed down, somewhat.
>> No. 12469
[X]Apologize at once, then introduce yourself.

Name option? I approve. And OP's pic is the most awesome pic of Iku ever.
>> No. 12470
>>12469 Also, anyone noticed the pattern on the futon? I see what you did there, ????.
>> No. 12471
{X} Introduce yourself while peeling the pizza off her face, and then apologize.

What a wonderful first impression.
>> No. 12475
[X] Introduce yourself while peeling the pizza off her face, and then apologize.

The OP image is awesome. Goes straight to my Iku folder.
>> No. 12476
[x] Uhh... doesn't that hurt?
>> No. 12478
[] “…Pizza?”
>> No. 12479
[X] “…Pizza?”
>> No. 12480
Come to think of it, imagine the OP picture, but with the hair and skin some shades lighter.
>> No. 12482
[X] “…Pizza?”
Bwahahaha, bad end ahoy.
>> No. 12483
[x] High English accent, GO.
[x] "Excuse me, madame; while 'twas none of my business, I couldn't help but to notice you were sleeping with a slice of pizza atop your face, and curiosity had gotten the better of me to remove it for you."
[x] As you remove the slice "There are indeed better food stuffs for which you can use as a sleeping mask. I prefer a sandwich myself. Covers both the eyes, not just one"
[x] Get ready to run/beg for your life.
>> No. 12484
[X] Introduce yourself while peeling the pizza off her face, and then apologize.
>> No. 12485
[X] Introduce yourself while peeling the pizza off her face, and then apologize.
>> No. 12486
I'll never forget the first thing he said to me.
He said "Hey--"

"You've got pizza on your face."

That's when I knew it was true love.
>> No. 12489
[x] Introduce yourself while peeling the pizza off her face, and then apologize. And then eat the pizza.
>> No. 12490
You are now noticing Iku's bed sheets, manually.
>> No. 12491
>>12486
Thanks, now I have to listen to that song
Jerk
>> No. 12492
>>12486
YEAH IKU ROUTE
>> No. 12496
Pizza with mayo?
That's disgusting. Can't leave that stuff on Iku's pretty face.

[x] Lick her face clean
>> No. 12497
[X] Introduce yourself while peeling the pizza off her face, and then apologize.
[X] "Pizza?"
[X] Offer to fetch her a wet cloth to clean her face with.
>> No. 12498
[x] NEEDS MOAR MAYO.
[x] Oh look, I have a condiment pump right here - how convenient.
>> No. 12510
[X] Introduce yourself while peeling the pizza off her face, and then apologize.
>> No. 12529
[X] Introduce yourself while peeling the pizza off her face, and then apologize.
[X] "Pizza?"
[X] Offer to fetch her a wet cloth to clean her face with.

Fucking mayo? Dear god, Japan, that's just sick. As if pizza wasn't unhealthy enough already, now you have to make it taste like shit, too?
>> No. 12533
I know it's been some time this story started, but I've had this on my mind for a long time.

>>11541
>family of ice fairies laying claim to your air conditioner.

This was enough to warm my heart, how cute!
>> No. 12586
Any updates?
>> No. 12589
File 122982724746.jpg - (193.01KB , 567x700 , iku.jpg ) [iqdb]
12589
Took quite a while to update. Was trying to draw something but it didn't turn out right.
---------
[X] Introduce yourself while peeling the pizza off her face, and then apologize.
[X] Offer to fetch her, a wet cloth to clean her face with.

“Good evening,” you begin uncertainly, unsure on how to proceed in this situation. You may have interacted with members of the opposite sex on a near constant basis during your trips into Gensokyo but never so “intimate” or perhaps a more appropriate term would be “awkward.” Buy still, you press on bravely, continuing your greeting, trying your best not to let any of your words falter.

“You have pizza on your face,” you continue, stating the obvious. She doesn’t answer, but does give you a barely perceptible nod. All in all, against all your expectations, she has reacted rather calmly in lieu of the situation. Not that you mind of course, the less hysterics and drama, the better in your book. Perhaps, in her bemused state, her reactions aren’t as fast, you reason.

Smoothly, you lower your arm and reach for her face.

“May I?” you ask smoothly, growing more confident in the face of her favorable response (or lack of one,) fingers just above the fallen slice. She merely nods once more, and replies. “Yes, I think I would like that, thank you,” in a steady voice. She shows no obvious sign of discomfort, save a startled blink as you reach down and pick off the slice of pizza, leaving her face clear of cuisine, save for the splotches of mayonnaise and stray toppings.

Lifting an arm from beneath the covers, the girl brushes the locks of her of her fringe, fixating you with her eyes. She doesn’t seem hostile, but she has a contemplative look about her, as if she were thinking hard about something. “You saved me from it didn’t you?” she asks simply, “from that…metal thing… a train, I think. I remember, someone…pulling me up, was it you?”

“Ah…Yeah,” you reply, not quite sure how to explain her peculiar circumstances at the very moment.

“I see,” she replies,” You have my gratitude.” She states formally. You notice though, that the way she addresses you now, is considerably different from the somewhat more unceremonious mode of speech she had unconsciously applied when you had overheard her sleepwalk earlier. “Unfortunately, I don’t have anything to repay your deed with.” She continues, completely convinced that you’d be demanding some compensation any second.

”Er…okay,” you reply, watching as she pulls herself up, sitting upright to face you properly. You really didn’t expect anything anyway. “Who are you anyway?” you ask finally, it was getting fairly tiring to refer to her as “the unconscious girl” on a constant basis.

”I am Nagae Iku,” she answers somewhat hesitantly. But she doesn’t ask for your name.

“Am I fit to move?” she continues after a pause, taking you aback.

“If you feel up to it,” you answer. “I’m still a student, so I wouldn’t know if you’re fit to move or not. You’re not missing any limbs so you should be fine.”

Nodding in reply, she makes a move to stand, shoving the blanket aside and pulling herself up. With a start, you come to full attention immediately.

A brief flash of something soft and white.

Aya being Aya, from a probable scenario you have deduced from her hair-trigger personality, had simply thrown the poor girl into whatever clothing was at hand at the moment, neglecting to complete the sleepwear set with a pair of pants. In the darkness there’s a silver of white, and in a flash, it’s gone, covered up by the blanket Iku has thrown about herself.

”Where are my garments?” she asks, calming herself impressively quickly.

“Down the hall, door to the left, “you answer, rather than draw out the awkward encounter any further. “They should have been ironed already, so you can get them if you want. But before that, do you need a wet towel or something, to clean up?” you ask. “You still have…stuff on your face.”

”No…thank you, I think I can clean myself up perfectly well, but I appreciate your offer.” Iku replies gratefully, and with the blanket still wrapped securely about her person, she makes for the door, leaving the room and you alone. Steadying yourself, you leave the darkened room as well, with no purpose left in remaining there. Picking up your puzzle and the rest of your pizza, you’re about to enter your own room when your elderly hostess’s voice calls out from the floor below.

“Soup’s done!” Come and get it!” she calls out.

Faced with little choice, you lay down your items and make your way downstairs to the kitchens, where the spry elder has concocted her herbal soup, and find two bowls already laden upon a tray for you, filled with a strange smelling clear green liquid. A sharp, somewhat earthy acrid aroma assails your senses.

”I put cordyceps into it,” she assures you, doing anything but assuring you of the soup’s relative taste value. “It’s an expensive Chinese herb, so drink every drop”.

”Cordyceps?” you repeat incredulously.

”Yes dear, cordyceps, a friend in China sent them over a year back.” She answers happily. “The highest grade available too, very thoughtful of them really.”

”Ah I see.” You reply, though it hardly reassures you in anyway. Reluctant, though you do your best not to show it, you accept the tray and grimly make your way back upstairs, mind filled with images of mummified caterpillars with mycelium rampantly sprouting, of various sizes.

Reaching the second floor, you make your way to the linen room, expecting to find Iku in the process of changing, however, the door is left open and no one is inside at all, Deciding that Iku has probably already changed, you make your way back to her room, hoping in your ability to convince her that both bowls were meant for her consumption.

The door is shut, so, balancing the tray carefully, you rap the wooden surface smartly and wait a few moments, but no answer comes.

“I’m coming in!” you call out and open the door only to find to room empty.

”Iku are you here? Granny wants you to drink this!”

But there is no answer. A part of you contemplates that she may be in your room, waiting for your arrival with a…reward, but you’re more rational side quickly brushes the thought away. A brush of crimson at the edge of your vision draws your attention. There! At the window.

The window had been thrown open, and as you approach, you realize that there is someone standing upon the narrow wooden sill. Nagae Iku, in her full flamboyant regalia stands, the moonlight making her garments somehow shimmer, and your eyes are naturally drawn to the crimson highlights on the pleats on her short mantle and long dress.

She seems to be speaking to something, but you can see no one and suddenly, a long eel like creature appears, swimming trough the air towards, though from your perspective, it seems to be having great difficultly in moving, but valiantly, it perseveres and reaches Iku, who reaches out to it, and suddenly it’s no longer eel-like, instead it’s a long white shawl, pleated with crimson, which Iku snatches out of the air. And wraps about herself.

Finally, she turns to you.

”Thank you.” She states simply. “You have my gratitude.”

And steps off the sill into thin air.

”Idiot! You can’t fly here!” you yell, making a mad dash for the window.

With a squeak of surprise, Iku obeys the laws of gravity.

[] Grab her hand, you can just make it.
[] Hurl yourself out the window. Cushion her with your body.
[] You’re just a story off the ground. There are bushes below. Logically, she’ll be fine.

Once again, feel free to write in sensibly.
---------------
>>12498
Remind me not to mention mayonnaise again.

I don't have the slightest idea how to write those kind of scenes, so try not to put me on the spot alright?
>> No. 12591
FFF cant see the update.
>> No. 12594
[X] Hurl yourself out the window. Cushion her with your body.
>> No. 12595
[x] Hurl yourself out the window. Cushion her with your body.
>> No. 12596
[x] Jump onto the edge of the window when she falls
[x] MANLY POSE
[x] BODY SLAM
>> No. 12601
File 122983928585.png - (897.15KB , 733x1000 , 1214697249312.png ) [iqdb]
12601
[!/] Hurl yourself out the window. Cushion her with your body.

Mayo is to ????!GJO87tR as Mollusks is to Nasu.
>> No. 12607
>>12589
[X] Hurl yourself out the window. Cushion her with your body.
This'd be an interesting, if not unexpected, Bad End. I'm kinda hoping ????'s muse strikes and we ge an anon+bushes+Iku update image.
This is totally out of my realm of expectations for Iku's characterization . Do want so much more.
>> No. 12608
[x] Grab her hand, you can just make it.

Let's be reasonable here: not matter how fast we are getting to the window from the door, she will already have fallen a distance 'x' below the sill. There is no way physically possible that we would break her fall on the ground below - we'd never be able to get under her.
>> No. 12610
[X] Hurl yourself out the window. Cushion her with your body.
Savior!
>> No. 12613
>>12589
You took that seriously? I would have just ignored it. But, right, I'll remind you.
>> No. 12616
[X] Grab her hand, you can just make it.
>> No. 12617
Since it looks to me like the board deleted my vote,
[x] Grab her hand, you can just make it.
>> No. 12618
[X] Grab her hand, you can just make it.
Reasonable, but not suicidal.
>> No. 12633
[x] Grab her hand, you can just make it.
>> No. 12635
>>12589

[x]Grab her hand, you can just make it.
"You have to quit making a habit of this."
>> No. 12639
[X] Hurl yourself out the window. Cushion her with your body.
>> No. 12640
>>[] Hurl yourself out the window. Break your neck.
>> No. 12641
[X] Grab her hand, you can just make it.
>> No. 12643
>>12640
>> No. 12645
>>12643
Necks are for pussies.
>> No. 12647
[X] Grab her hand, you can just make it.

A dead hero is still dead. And you'll need to be alive to get some Iku loving, and/or Aya loving. Oh what the hell, just stay alive and have a threesome. Or a fivesome with the Yakumo family included.
>> No. 12649
>>12645
Second anon's title was being sarcastic to first anon's title.
>> No. 12650
[X] Hurl yourself out the window. Cushion her with your body.
>> No. 12656
[x] Grab her hand, you can just make it.
>> No. 12660
[x] Grab her hand, you can just make it.
>> No. 12661
[X] Grab her hand, you can just make it.
[X] If she's just out of reach use your momentum to hurl yourself out the window, and cushion her with your body.

It's called having your cake and eating it too.
>> No. 12670
What is with the horrifying food in this CYOA?

[x]Grab her hand, you can just make it.
>> No. 12684
>>12661
Does the cake have mayo on it?

>>12670
I'd like to think that ????? combined our perverted write-ins with his choices, and the fact that the Japanese actually put mayo on pizza is just a coincidental footnote of interest.
>> No. 12687
>>12670
>>12660
>>12656
I apologize, but at this time, I've almost finished, the next section and at the time of writing, Hurling yourself out a window wins.
>> No. 12688
>>12687
Mayo! :
>> No. 12698
File 123010611099.jpg - (117.85KB , 600x600 , a99e61433542f7c9d9781cb8ce5514fe.jpg ) [iqdb]
12698
Due to site problems, I seem to overlooked several votes and began writing the "hurl yourself out the window" scenario.

Don't worry about it, you won't die so easily, and maybe even make some new acquaintances. And while self inflicted injury isn't going to impress Iku very much,do doubt that she'll have a bad impression of you in the long run. You did save her after all.
----------

[] Hurl yourself out the window. Cushion her with your body

You make a desperate leap towards the wide open window, time seeming to flow like thickened honey, a veritable bullet-time. A part of you- the non rational part, screams for you to hurl yourself out the window, and save her like a real man and in your adrenaline rush, you succumb. Yelling like someone possessed, you reach the sill and both arms gripping the wooden frame, you propel yourself out the window, using your arms as leverage.

Unfortunately for you, that force, coupled with that of your momentum sends you off course. You find yourself airborne, having overshot your mark, your inertia having carried you too far forward. Iku who has landed somewhat safely in the bushes below, looks up, eyes widening as you sail over her in a graceful parabolic arc.

“What was I thinking?” you wonder, as the hard pavement rapidly fills your vision. “It’s almost as if there’s someone trying to make stupid choices in my head, stupid choices.”

You are briefly aware of two worried faces staring at you, Aya and Iku?” And then flashes and snatches of conversation, “broken arm, he’s in shock.’ Someone says. Everything is fuzzy and you have little recollection of what exactly is going on, but for a brief moment, your vision is filled with many staring eyes, all of which seem t be staring worriedly at you. You have an impression that a bunny girl? Is poring something down your throat, but that’s it, and your consciousness slowly slips away.

It’s a strange feeling. You feel absolutely nothing, yet everything. Nothing seems to work, except perhaps your ears. (More accurately, your sense of hearing, since in that state you probably didn’t have ears.)

Snatches of conversation brush the edge of your hearing. Several ethereal voices, just loud enough for you to hear.

“This one is still alive, why is his soul here?” a raspy voice asked.

“This isn’t a court of the dead as per say, more of a waiting room, he’s perfectly permitted to be here, even if he is alive. But anyway, how did this one get here anyway.” Another voice continued.

“Lunarian alchemy, the fools, they should have known better than use this.” A disapproving voice sounded.

“If you’re quite done gossiping, we’ll get back to the matter at hand, the recruitment of more Yamas.” This time, and elderly voice boomed out, one of authority.

“…Six billion humans. Six billion and more on the way, we need more Yamas…can’t keep up at this rate…” he continued. “This one has potential, a good mind too…I wonder…”

“…Should we consider this case a suicide or a heroic sacrifice?” The raspy voice objected. “I find his intelligence in question…more of a case of death by stupidity I should think…to think you said he had a good mind…”

“…ah just shut your mouth…if you have nothing good to say, don’t say anything…besides all the signs point to the fact that there’s people making stupid suggestions in his head…”hurl yourself out the window,” hah!.” This time, surprisingly, a female’s voice sounds out.

“…he can’t be a Yama, he’s not incorruptible…death by stupidity is suicide in my book and suicides go to hell anyway. And, you, shinigami are out of your place, this is a discussion for your betters, you wouldn’t even be here if not for the tolerance of your Mistress.” The raspy voice rebukes.

“…nothing is incorruptible…even us…”, and younger, calmer voice retorts. “And I’ll thank you not to speak to my subordinate in that manner. Not all of us are as obsessed with class and station as you are.”

”Hah, one of your origins is bold enough to address me in such a manner? I was a god of the underworld back in the days, and I say he goes to hell.” The raspy voiced entity says, obviously trying to provoke a response.

“Enough! Cut the bloody chatter, we’re not making him a Yama or sending him to hell.” The elder’s voice boomed out, achieving silence.

“Why not?” the raspy voice protested.

“That’s because he’s still alive you imbecile. Honestly, how did you make the cut for a judge anyway, Hades? Anyway, Shiki, his life’s vessel is closest to your district, send him back will you? Machi, give her, a hand will you? That’s a good girl.”

The voices fade and you have a sense of being carried, though you’re sure you’re not moving.

“The chief judge is considering making this fellow a Yama? Does he even qualify?” a woman’s (you recognize the energetic voice that spoke out earlier.) voice says casually.

“He’s a human of slightly above average intelligence and fairly good karma,” another voice, this one more stern and rigid, though seemingly younger says. “He’s not inherently evil, but has a mean streak and sociopathic tendencies. I don’t know what the chief Yama sees in him, but I do agree we need more Yama. I’ve been in the Gensokyo district too long I think, I’ve almost forgotten how hectic the outside is.”

”Anyway, please locate his life’s vessel.” She requests politely.

“Sure thing boss, he’s body is in the clinic in the human village. That’s odd, didn’t this one expire outside the border?” the faceless voice asks once more, uncertainty evident.

“No he didn’t expire in a strict sense, but came very close to it.” The younger of the two answers. From her tone, you can infer that she’s someone of authority. “His friends managed to get him to there and called the Eientei physicians out to help him, though the alchemy they used has caused him more harm than aid. Ah, here’s his vessel, stick his soul back in would you?”

“Wait a second boss; you want to talk to him before he regains consciousness? I can give him some self-awareness back if you want.”

“…No need I think, no need to worry him yet.”
>> No. 12699
File 123010672116.jpg - (317.75KB , 1437x1023 , 四季映姫とまちーまち.jpg ) [iqdb]
12699
“If you say so boss,”

Suddenly, you have the very odd sensation of being inverted , if that meant anything in this blank world of nothing.

And suddenly all sensations return, flooding back in a torrent of sound, taste, feeling and light. Your eyes flicker open and you take a shuddering breath. You expect pain, but it doesn’t come, rather all you do feel is the long stiffness of someone who hasn’t moved for a time. You try to sit up, working the muscles in your back, but to your horror, it is your right arm that raises itself. You attempt to blink the grit from your eyes, but all you feel are your toes twitching.

“Komachi!’ the younger voice says sharply. “Put his soul back in properly.

“Ah look at it boss, it’s fine isn’t it?” came the reply.

That is a sharp sound, like something wooden being given a sharp rap and a cry of “Kyan!”

”Do it properly, Komachi, show some responsibility for once.”

“Yes boss…let’s see, arm goes here, foot goes here…is this supposed to be connected to his eyelids or his toes?”

And suddenly, you’re fully conscious. Blinking in the sudden bright light, you take a look around, searching for the source of the two voices, but there is no one in sight.

“Aya, Iku?” you mouth off hoarsely, your throat dry.

“Oh your two friends?” a cheerful voice calls out. “The reporter tengu and that dancer? They left along with the Hakurei miko and Lady Yukari to subdue the source of the earthquakes.” You turn to face a cheery looking nurse. “Here, they left a note for you.” The nurse deposits a piece of notebook paper into your hands.

It reads, “Dear cute little brother, didn’t expect you to visit in such a manner, try to be more careful next time,” in Yukari’s somewhat messy scrawl. “We expect to catch up with the person causing the earthquakes tomorrow, so I think it would be for the best if you left Gensokyo till Christmas. I know you came all this way, but till we subdue this disturbance you would really make your big sis feel better if you were out of harms way.”

“Ah…” you answer. Somehow, you’ve made it into Gensokyo, more or less in one piece, though in a far less dignified manner that you would have hoped, and it also seems that you’ll be leaving sooner than you had hoped.

“P.s, I borrowed your two new friends for a while.
Y.Yukari.”

“Anyway, how are you feeling today?” the nurse interrupts, talking energetically, throwing the bamboo shutters on the window aside so hard that they hit the wall with a terrible clatter and allowing a chill breeze to swirl around your head. “A bit stiff? Don’t worry bout it, you’ve been asleep for a day or so. Anyway, that Eientei alchemy they used on you was amazing! Never seen anything like it, I’d say you probably can get up now actually.”

And you do, squinting in the winter sun as you leave the clinic, stepping into the cold village square, now converted into a winter bazaar of sorts. Packed to the brim with human and youkai alike. Shoulder to shoulder moving amongst the many stalls, the very air, alive with snatches of conversation.

You’ve missed this place terribly. Pity you’ll be leaving so soon.

[] Make your way back to the human realm. Time skip to Christmas visit.
[] Wander Gensokyo for a while, you suppose you can spare some time before you leave.(Unfortunately, you’ll be restricted to the village, as going anywhere else would take to much time.)
If so, what do you notice?
[] A rather modestly dressed red haired, girl with devil’s wings surmounted just above her ears. She appears to be haggling with a girl with rabbit’s ears and seems to be quite agitated.
[] A woman in a blue dress and strangely appropriate headwear, leading a pack of schoolchildren.
[] A fairy in a blue dress, who seems to have frozen her foot to her face.
[] An encroaching darkness, which seems to be localized about a food cart.
[] A large banner, advertising the “Moriya” shrine. Sounds familiar.

-----------------------
To clarify things, the year after you stopped visiting Gensokyo, the Scarlet Devil mansion appeared. So, you've never met anyone from the Scarlet Devil Mansion,nor Hakugyokuro(opened the year after) nor Eientei (revaled itself later, nor anyone from the Moriya Shrine in Gensokyo. (They appeared a year later.)

Logically, you havn't met Suika either, though you have been to the Hakurei Shine prior.

You do know ( or are at least acquaintances with,)

All of the Mayohiga denizens,
Reimu,
Rinnosuke and Marisa,(Alice was still a recluse back then.)
Akyu,Keine, Marisa's parents (Mokou was also a recluse.)
Seasonal spirits,
and some of the lesser Youkai and fairies.

Cirno, Mystia, Rumia except Nightbug.
Oh yes, Tokiko too.
------------------
This is my last update perhaps for a week or so. I'm flying home for Christmas.

Thanks.
>> No. 12700
[] An encroaching darkness, which seems to be localized about a food cart.
>> No. 12703
File 123010815139.jpg - (442.93KB , 1017x829 , f754e67d17a30230b6f3789c02dbfad2.jpg ) [iqdb]
12703
>“It’s almost as if there’s someone trying to make stupid choices in my head, stupid choices.”
>“I find his intelligence in question…more of a case of death by stupidity I should think…to think you said he had a good mind…”
>besides all the signs point to the fact that there’s people making stupid suggestions in his head…

You know, I think this just might be a HINT.
>> No. 12705
[] A fairy in a blue dress, who seems to have frozen her foot to her face.

Oh Cirno you.
>> No. 12706
[x] Wander Gensokyo for a while, you suppose you can spare some time before you leave.(Unfortunately, you’ll be restricted to the village, as going anywhere else would take to much time.)
[x] A rather modestly dressed red haired, girl with devil’s wings surmounted just above her ears. She appears to be haggling with a girl with rabbit’s ears and seems to be quite agitated.
[x] A woman in a blue dress and strangely appropriate headwear, leading a pack of schoolchildren.
>> No. 12708
[x] Wander Gensokyo for a while, you suppose you can spare some time before you leave.
[x] A woman in a blue dress and strangely appropriate headwear, leading a pack of schoolchildren.
>> No. 12709
[] A fairy in a blue dress, who seems to have frozen her foot to her face.

>“It’s almost as if there’s someone trying to make stupid choices in my head, stupid choices.”
>“I find his intelligence in question…more of a case of death by stupidity I should think…to think you said he had a good mind…”
>besides all the signs point to the fact that there’s people making stupid suggestions in his head…

>You know, I think this just might be a HINT.

Blah
>> No. 12710
[x] Wander Gensokyo for a while, you suppose you can spare some time before you leave.
[x] A rather modestly dressed red haired, girl with devil’s wings surmounted just above her ears. She appears to be haggling with a girl with rabbit’s ears and seems to be quite agitated.
[x] A woman in a blue dress and strangely appropriate headwear, leading a pack of schoolchildren.
>> No. 12712
{X} A fairy in a blue dress, who seems to have frozen her foot to her face.
>> No. 12713
[X] Wander Gensokyo for a while, you suppose you can spare some time before you leave.(Unfortunately, you’ll be restricted to the village, as going anywhere else would take to much time.)
[] A large banner, advertising the “Moriya” shrine. Sounds familiar.

Sanae might be there. Think about it
>> No. 12715
>>12699
Just as a quick question: Maribel and Renko knew (about) Sanae when she still lived in the outside world, but we didn't?

[x] A rather modestly dressed red haired, girl with devil’s wings surmounted just above her ears. She appears to be haggling with a girl with rabbit’s ears and seems to be quite agitated.
A devil and rabbit with one stone.
>> No. 12716
>>12715

Maribel mentioned that a "Sanae" disappeared during the second year of high school and also implied that all three of you knew her. Degree of relationship unknown though.

and finally,
Wheres my IKu?????

[x] A rather modestly dressed red haired, girl with devil’s wings surmounted just above her ears. She appears to be haggling with a girl with rabbit’s ears and seems to be quite agitated.
A devil and rabbit with one stone.
>> No. 12718
[d] Wander Gensokyo for a while, you suppose you can spare some time before you leave.
[d] A rather modestly dressed red haired, girl with devil’s wings surmounted just above her ears. She appears to be haggling with a girl with rabbit’s ears and seems to be quite agitated.
>> No. 12719
[!/] A large banner, advertising the “Moriya” shrine. Sounds familiar. Briefly look at it as...
[!/] you make your way back to the human realm. Time skip to Christmas visit.

Great. All that trouble to peel the mayo pizza off Iku's face, only to lose the flag in a clique anime move.
>> No. 12720
[X] Wander Gensokyo for a while, you suppose you can spare some time before you leave.
[X] A large banner, advertising the “Moriya” shrine. Sounds familiar.

Could be important later, especially as we evidently knew Sanae.

Although, I feel a little sad about passing up potential snuggling with Rumia, who we evidently know. Then again, she and the other Nine Squad members are commonly depicted as hanging around with Chen, and we might want to keep our upcoming visit a surprise.

Hope to see Aya and Iku at the inevitable Christmas party.
>> No. 12723
[X] Wander Gensokyo for a while, you suppose you can spare some time before you leave.
[X] A large banner, advertising the “Moriya” shrine. Sounds familiar.
>> No. 12724
[X] A fairy in a blue dress, who seems to have frozen her foot to her face.

>Wheres my Iku?????
Fucking seconded
>> No. 12727
What can I say... OTL

[x] A large banner, advertising the “Moriya” shrine. Sounds familiar.
>> No. 12729
[X] Wander Gensokyo for a while, you suppose you can spare some time before you leave.

[X] A rather modestly dressed red haired, girl with devil’s wings surmounted just above her ears. She appears to be haggling with a girl with rabbit’s ears and seems to be quite agitated.
>> No. 12730
We can't get involved with the Scarlets; they're not 'proper' ladies, and the bunnies are too childish for us. Now a school teacher is right up our alley.
>> No. 12731
File 12301775682.jpg - (153.08KB , 640x480 , 1230168606404.jpg ) [iqdb]
12731
>>12730

HURR DURR
>> No. 12732
>>12731

Good Lord, What the hell is that?
>> No. 12733
File 123017850283.jpg - (91.99KB , 333x1000 , a11583036461995f314c30b872426adb.jpg ) [iqdb]
12733
>>12731
>> No. 12734
>>12731

Oh Inko-chan.
>> No. 12735
[x] Wander Gensokyo for a while, you suppose you can spare some time before you leave.
[x] A rather modestly dressed red haired, girl with devil’s wings surmounted just above her ears. She appears to be haggling with a girl with rabbit’s ears and seems to be quite agitated.
[x] A woman in a blue dress and strangely appropriate headwear, leading a pack of schoolchildren.
>> No. 12740
[X] Wander Gensokyo for a while, you suppose you can spare some time before you leave.(Unfortunately, you’ll be restricted to the village, as going anywhere else would take to much time.)
[X] A large banner, advertising the “Moriya” shrine. Sounds familiar.
Re-union with Sanae might be fun.
>> No. 12746
[x] Wander Gensokyo for a while, you suppose you can spare some time before you leave.
[x] A large banner, advertising the “Moriya” shrine. Sounds familiar.
>> No. 12748
[X] Wander Gensokyo for a while, you suppose you can spare some time before you leave.
[X] A rather modestly dressed red haired, girl with devil’s wings surmounted just above her ears. She appears to be haggling with a girl with rabbit’s ears and seems to be quite agitated.
[X] A woman in a blue dress and strangely appropriate headwear, leading a pack of schoolchildren.
[X] A fairy in a blue dress, who seems to have frozen her foot to her face.
[X] An encroaching darkness, which seems to be localized about a food cart.
[X] A large banner, advertising the “Moriya” shrine. Sounds familiar.

Probably overboard, but no one said we could only visit one, correct?
>> No. 12766
Merry Christmas ????!
>> No. 12779
File 123037376730.jpg - (42.63KB , 376x370 , koakuma.jpg ) [iqdb]
12779
>>12766
thanks. It may be a little late, but merry Christmas to you guys too.
best wishes for the year ahead.

>>12724
>>12716
Consistency my friends. Besides, strong friendships and budding romances take time to happen.
---------------
[] A rather modestly dressed red haired, girl with devil’s wings surmounted just above her ears. She appears to be haggling with a girl with rabbit’s ears and seems to be quite agitated.
--------------
It is rather pleasant, to be back in a familiar place, especially if said place holds many special memories for you. Strolling, through the marketplace, a host of memories emerges from the depths of your mind. A ramen stand, in her usual place, almost exactly in the same location as you saw it six years ago. An oddly dressed person, almost certainly of youkai stock mingled in amongst the more sensibly dressed villagers. All the small details remain. While over the course of the years, new buildings and new peoples have inevitably shown up, the place is almost exactly as you remember it.

Like a dream in the winter sun. Peaceful, beautiful, idyllic and dangerous. It is truly different from the human realm and a part of you questions why you’ve stopped visiting. You continue your walk at your leisure, through the stalls of merchants and their varied wares. The thong of people while obviously taking notice of you from your outsider’s garb, are polite enough not to stare, more or less treating you as they would normally, a fellow villager.

Brushing aside a hawker’s insistent pleas that you view his fine collection of pickled daikon, you catch the potent and somewhat pungent aroma of herbs and investigate. You soon find yourself in an enclave of sorts, manned by girls (Rabbit youkai, you deduce, from their ears and fluffy tails,) that you have never seen before. You immediately recall one of Yukari’s chats, along with one of the few letters the shrine maiden had sent, a rare occasion when she bothered to write. They did mention something about rabbits and the moon.

Ah, yes, the Denizens of Eientei. Your wandering has led you into the Eientei enclave. The whole area bustles with a kind of frantic activity, giving an atmosphere not unlike that of students cramming for an exam. Rabbits move around rapidly in a swirl of skirts and a bobbing of tails, shifting boxes, boiling strange alchemical compounds you do not recognize and tending to the customers, all very animated and lively.

That given, most of their customers seem to be male, and none of them appear to be ill, or even shopping at all. So, it is comes naturally, that your eyes pick out the most outstanding person in the crowd within the enclave. A cascade of crimson hair amongst the darker haired rabbits draws your gaze.

But what draws the most attention would be the pair of black wings surmounted just above her ears, and another pair, upon the small of her back, both pairs of which are flapping somewhat agitatedly as she gestures wildly at an equally distressed rabbit in a neat uniform. Already, their exchange has drawn a crowd of onlookers and intrigued, you too move closer for a better look, managing to overhear some of their argument.

“Look, I said that it’s not my fault! If you got that medicine from Supervisor Tewi, then you’re going you’re going to have to talk to her, not me! I can’t do anything about it!” the unfortunate rabbit splutters, ears quivering in displeasure. “I just sell the normal stuff!”

”Then get the Supervisor out now!” the red haired girl yells, waving about a small bottle clenched tightly in her fist, her knuckles white from the pressure exerted.

“But…but Supervisor Tewi is on her lunch break…” the rabbits protests weakly. The red haired girl looks on the verge of violence for a moment before the rabbit receives an unexpected reprieve.

“Someone call for me?” a somewhat nasally voice calls from over your shoulder. You turn immediately, to face yet another rabbit, this one, a full head shorter than the others, just coming up to your chest level clad in a white frock with a carrot dangling around her neck from a length of twine. But from the way the other rabbits address her, it is obvious who is in charge.

“Is there a problem?” she asks her subordinate, forcibly shoving you out of her way to get past, rather rudely. She’s surprisingly strong for her size, but from your experiences it was only to be expected. Gritting your teeth, you bear with the girl’s incivility; you learnt not to pick fights you couldn’t win long ago.

”Yes there is a problem!” the red haired girl announces, turning to face the supervisor. “This!” she points to the bottle for emphasis. “You said it would improve her vitality! Look what you did to the mistress!” she accuses, glaring daggers at the smirking rabbit. “If this is your idea of a prank Tewi, you must know that IT-ISN’T-FUNNY!”

Supervisor Tewi just shrugs. “I don’t know what’s wrong honest. I’m not the one who brews up the stuff, but I do know all the good stuff went into it. You know...ginseng, oyster extract, ambergris, ginko biloba…er …lunarian quicksilver, all good wholesome stuff, essential vitamins for a healthy body!”

A looks of incredibility appears on the red haired girls face, all two pairs of wings begin twitching as she clenches her fist to her side and her voice is strained as she speaks, “Ginseng is fine, it has medicinal value, Lunarian quicksilver is acceptable, I don’t know what it does so I can’t judge, but oyster extract? Ginko Biloba? AMBERGRIS!! You’ve prescribed for the mistress…you’ve prescribed…” the poor girl looks like she’s at the breaking point.

”…aphrodisiacs...” she finishes with a whisper, so soft that you barely catch it, face flushed for a moment before she regains her momentum. “Do you know what you’ve given my mistress? Are you even aware of what you’re doing! You quack!…You..you…mid-stage boss!” she yells.

You watch as the smug grin slides off rabbit supervisor’s face, replaced by a look of outrage. “You’ve one to talk!” she counters, raising her fists. “You’re no better!”

At this moment, most of the spectators choose to back off from the pair, moving some twenty meters back from the two girls. Both are squaring off, tense like threatened cats. All that’s absent would be the hissing and snarling. Prudently, you decide to pull back as well, just as both raise themselves into the air, levitating a few meters off the ground.

”I hope your skills are as smart as your mouth, little-devil girl!” the enraged rabbit spits. “A small challenge before I win would be nice,”

”I highly doubt it, if your skills as a physician be any indication of your skills in the sky.” The winged girl returns the taunt.

The two circle one another in the air, both wary of each other, unwilling to commit to the first strike. Then, the first shot is fired, the rabbit, having raised her arm to fire an iridescent ball of blue light. The projectile streaks through the air, and is quickly followed up by more of its kind, tinting the air with a hint of blue. The red haired girl evades instinctively, swiftly propelling herself through the air and unleashing a barrage of light of her own.
>> No. 12780
Both combatants’s poorly aimed projectiles sail through the air, right at several shop houses, but before they inflict any damage they flare and dissipate, their concussive energy is dispersed, some half a meter from the wooden surfaces. You recall your lessons here, remembering that every construction in the village would be laced with protective wards and talismans of all kinds.

It’s a well implemented measure. Considering how the danmaku shots go wild ever so often.

The crowd within the enclave however, is not as protected, and after a near miss by an orb of blazing light that flashes against the ground with a burst of static, they promptly give the two a wider berth, backing off to the very edges of the enclave. In the interest of self preservation, you decide that following their example would relevant to your interests as well.

But as you turn, you find you way barred. A large cap of white fabric fills your vision and you take a step back, realizing you’re facing a person.

A petite girl with long hair a deep shade of purple stands before you, azure eyes intent upon the intense battle overhead. She’s clad in a mousy pajama-nightgown like affair, vertical stripes of faded red, blue and white partially concealed by a nondescript cardigan, the combined effect of which makes her stand out so badly you wonder why you haven’t noticed her before.

Her face is quite pale and her hair is dull, and she looks like she hasn’t seen the light of the sun for days. The only thing that really catches your eye is the shining crescent brooch pinned upon her hat. That alone looks like it’s actually been cared for, polished to a sheen with obvious meticulousness. That and a blooming blush that tints her pale complexion a delicate pink, and audible ragged breathing.

”Koakuma! Enough!” She calls with some effort, moving towards the cleared ring. “This is no place for fighting!” But her voice is weak, soft even from your close proximity and the two combatants are unable to hear her over the noise of the crowds.

”Koakuma!” she cries once more, to no more effect than the last time. The battle continues on as the stranger watches scowling, seemingly helpless.

[] Help the strange girl end the fight, before it gets out of hand.
[] Get the strange girl before you to safety. She’s flushed, and breathing heavily, obviously she shouldn’t be here.
[] Warn the strange girl that this place is dangerous, before backing off yourself. The streets are not warded against attack, unlike the buildings.

The fight seems to have drawn spectators. If you do retreat and head for the crowd, where do you go?
[] The schoolchildren spectators and their teacher.
[] The fairy in the blue dress, with a painful looking footprint shaped red mark on her face.
[] The rapidly dissolving blob of darkness.
[] A group of workers. They appear to have packed up the “Moriya” banner you saw earlier.
[] Home. Time skip till visit.

Once more, feel free to write in sensibly.
If you feel like waxing equolent, even better.
>> No. 12785
{X} Help the strange girl end the fight, before it gets out of hand.

Patchy~
>> No. 12786
[x] Get the strange girl before you to safety. She’s flushed, and breathing heavily, obviously she shouldn’t be here.
[x] The schoolchildren spectators and their teacher.
>> No. 12787
[X] Help the strange girl end the fight, before it gets out of hand.
[X] A group of workers. They appear to have packed up the “Moriya” banner you saw earlier.
>> No. 12788
>”…aphrodisiacs...” she finishes with a whisper, so soft that you barely catch it, face flushed for a moment before she regains her momentum. “Do you know what you’ve given my mistress? Are you even aware of what you’re doing! You quack!…You..you…mid-stage boss!” she yells.

strange. Shouldn't Koakuma actually like this? Or is she just a little devil, and not a succubus this time?

[] Get the strange girl before you to safety. She’s flushed, and breathing heavily, obviously she shouldn’t be here.
[] Warn the strange girl that this place is dangerous, before backing off yourself. The streets are not warded against attack, unlike the buildings.
[] The fairy in the blue dress, with a painful looking footprint shaped red mark on her face.

Is it possible to combine two of the first option? If not, I go with the second options.
>> No. 12789
[X] Help the strange girl end the fight, before it gets out of hand.
>> No. 12790
[X] Get the strange girl before you to safety. She’s flushed, and breathing heavily, obviously she shouldn’t be here.
[X] A group of workers. They appear to have packed up the “Moriya” banner you saw earlier.
>> No. 12791
[X] Help the strange girl end the fight, before it gets out of hand.
>> No. 12792
File 123040743157.jpg - (73.29KB , 700x850 , 1207992421913.jpg ) [iqdb]
12792
[!/] Help the strange girl end the fight, before it gets out of hand.
>> No. 12797
[x] Help the strange girl end the fight, before it gets out of hand.

Nothing good ever comes of ignoring the plot hook.
>> No. 12798
[x] Help the strange girl end the fight, before it gets out of hand.
>> No. 12799
[X] Help the strange girl end the fight, before it gets out of hand.
>> No. 12800
>>12788
Remember, Koakuma has no canon personality nor data beyond her sprite's appearance, she can be written as anything basically and still keeping canonity. (As if that mattered anyways, I've always thought that if it improves the story all canon can be ignored.) Still, I can see where you come from, SDM LA was quite influential a CYOA.
>> No. 12806
File 123042308090.jpg - (286.58KB , 339x987 , ow03-05.jpg ) [iqdb]
12806
[x] Get the strange girl before you to safety. She’s flushed, and breathing heavily, obviously she shouldn’t be here.
[x] A group of workers. They appear to have packed up the “Moriya” banner you saw earlier.
>> No. 12808
[] Get the strange girl before you to safety. She’s flushed, and breathing heavily, obviously she shouldn’t be here.
[] A group of workers. They appear to have packed up the “Moriya” banner you saw earlier.
>> No. 12809
[X] Get the strange girl before you to safety. She’s flushed, and breathing heavily, obviously she shouldn’t be here.
[X] A group of workers. They appear to have packed up the “Moriya” banner you saw earlier.

Oh ho~
>> No. 12811
[x] Did someone say aphrodisiacs?
[x] Take the girl to the nearest alleyway and molest her.
>> No. 12812
[x] Get the strange girl before you to safety. She’s flushed, and breathing heavily, obviously she shouldn’t be here.
[x] The schoolchildren spectators and their teacher.
>> No. 12814
[X] Help the strange girl end the fight, before it gets out of hand.
>> No. 12816
[x] Help the strange girl end the fight, before it gets out of hand.
Patchouli~
>> No. 12824
>>12788
I imagine aphrodisiacs would be as harmful to a frail Patchi metabolism as they would be helpful to a healthy Patchi sex drive. If you work it up without strengthening it, that'd probably be bad for her since she'd still collapse from the same amount of exertion. Just for a laugh, even though it hasn't been implied, I imagine the aphrodisiacs being an insult to Koakuma as a succubus (if she is at all, etc., etc.).
>> No. 12830
>>12824
for someone so sick, Patchy sure is "healthy"

[x] Help the strange girl end the fight, before it gets out of hand.
>> No. 12831
[x] Help the strange girl end the fight, before it gets out of hand.

Damn, if Koakuma is complaining about Patchy being horny as hell, then that's some pretty powerful juice that got mixed up there.

I suddenly had a thought that Eirin might have done this intentionally so that she (or more likely Reisen, sent by Eirin) could secretly tip-toe in and raid Voile for a certain book, for one or another reason. After all, it gets the librarian and her assistant out of there for a while, doesn't it? This would probably tie into one of the bigger events occurring that Yukari was worried about.
Just a thought.
>> No. 12845
File 123052961975.jpg - (21.13KB , 398x300 , 1207469425663.jpg ) [iqdb]
12845
UPDATESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>> No. 12855
File 123054565127.jpg - (306.72KB , 700x663 , noting the.jpg ) [iqdb]
12855
[] Help the strange girl end the fight, before it gets out of hand.

The fight escalates, with blazing projectiles flying in every direction conceivable. Thankfully, most disperse against the protective wards of the village, but more than enough do not. Already, the very air of the Eientei enclave is alive, charged from the sudden release of energy from the impact of the danmaku on the flagstones. If there was a proper time to end the fight, it would be now.

“Her name is Koakuma?” you ask, turning towards the purple haired girl. “I’ll give her a shout if you aren’t feeling up to it.”

The girl blinks, as if taking notice of you for the first time, then replies, “Yes, her name is Koakuma, but I don’t feel that it’s a good idea for you to-“

But you’ve already acted. “Koakuma!” you call, raising your voice as far as it can possibly go “Someone is looking for you!”

The airborne girl reacts immediately to your cry, turning quickly towards you and shooting, glowing orbs lancing towards your person at terrific speed. You watch, somewhat bemused at the unexpected turn of events. To think that you had just left the sick bed a less than an hour ago. Then, your survival instincts kick in and you dive desperately to the side, but you know that you’ve left it too late, and that there is little chance of you making it clear in time.

“Fool, look before you leap,” says a deadpan voice.

And suddenly, the purple haired girl is in front of you. Just as you hit the ground, there’s a flash of bright light and a terrible bang that nearly deafens you. You shut your eyes instinctively as you grind to a halt. For a moment, you lose all sense of time. You don’t know how long you’ve been sprawled on the ground; eyes clenched shut, but slowly, your sense of hearing returns. You make out the murmur of the crowd, the sound of someone apologizing frantically, and the coughing, a horrible wracking sound.

You open your eyes, picking yourself off the ground and taking stock of your surroundings. The enclave is in shambles, wooden tables wrecked with jars and boxes scattered all around. A large bronze vessel had been tipped over, spilling its contents, a rapidly thickening salve, onto the flagstones.

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry…” whimpers Koakuma’s voice.

“You…apologize to him, not to me.” A tried voice replies. “I’ll be fine… once I’ve had moment to recover.”

You turn as Koakuma approaches. The poor girl has lost all traces of the fury she had displayed earlier and is instead fidgeting, twiddling her thumbs as she gets closer towards you, both pairs of wings drooping. Dropping her arms to her sides, she quickly bows to you. “I’m really-really sorry, master.” She says sincerely. “I don’t know what came over me.”

“Ah…it’s fine.” You stutter. “Try to be more careful this time.”

Koakuma bows once more, before turning back to the other girl, who is seated upon one of the overturned boxes. In contrast to Koakuma who looks somewhat frazzled but otherwise fine, her companion’s appearance however is shocking. Her face ashen grey, her lips pale and her hands trembling and though the coughing has ceased, you can see her labored breathing. Even keeping her eyes open seems to require a great effort on her part.

“Are you alright?” you ask.

She turns her bleary eyes upon you, the ghost of a smile upon her lips. “I’ve felt better,” she says, “but then again, I’ve felt worse. Looking back at this, perhaps I should consider my own advice; the way I acted, in contrast to the advice I have imparted to you verges on hypocrisy.”

“What do you mean?” you say, puzzled.

“Look, before you leap.” she states simply. “The blow I shielded you from took far more effort than I had expected. It very nearly overwhelmed me.” She sighs sadly. “Ah, how far I have fallen, to be reduced to such a state.”

“Mistress!” Koakuma chides. “You shouldn’t talk like that! Besides you shouldn’t talk about this in-“

“No” the sickly girl interrupts. “I am well aware that this illness of mine will be the end of me and I daresay that it’s become common knowledge around Gensokyo by now, ever since Remilia opened that big mouth of hers and...” she stops abruptly. “Shame on me, one shouldn’t refer to ones hosts in that manner.” She states indifferently as she turns her attention back to you, studying you carefully.

“Suffice to say that you appear unharmed.” She comments, nodding. “It’s good to see that something has come of my efforts after all.”

“Yeah, thanks for your help.” You say.

“Think nothing of it, I was feeling…appreciative of the masculine form today” she replies hesitantly and averts her eyes from yours. She says no more to you and turns her back on you, to someone emerging from an upturned cart.

“And as for you Tewi,” she says, addressing the scorched looking rabbit, “I shall not pursue the matter today. It is the…festive season after all.” The rabbit breathes an audible sigh of relief, perhaps too soon as the girl continues. “But I am sure that Lady Eirin, who is on her way here at this moment, will provide you with a suitable chastisement.” The look of smug relief fades from the rabbit’s face as her ears droop and eyes widen at the prospect.

“Come Koakuma, it’s time to go. You’ll have to help me walk back. I think I don’t feel up to flying just yet.”

Koakuma nods, and helps her mistress to her feet and together they leave, leaving the rabbit to stand in the midst of the sympathetic glances of her colleagues and you, watching the girl’s strange cap ( the only thing visible at this distance) bob up and down as she vanishes into the milling crowd.

[] It’s time to go home. Time skip till visit.
[] You suppose you have some more time to spare to look around….
If so…

[] Follow that sickly girl. It doesn’t feel right leaving her like this, and you should see her home at least, providing it isn’t too far.
[] The short girl with greenish blond hair. She’s standing by the hired workers, though they don’t appear to notice her. She’s also holding a straw hat with eyes on it and all four of her eyes are glued on you.
[] The blue and white clad fairy; she’s sticking her head into that blob of darkness and appears to be talking excitedly.
[] Follow that sickly girl. It doesn’t feel right leaving her like this, and you should see her home at least, providing it isn’t too far.
[] That rabbit, Tewi was it? She seems to be crying softly in the middle of the enclave. See what you can do.
[] The flustered looking schoolteacher. She’s trying to find all her wayward students, who have scattered during the duel.
-------------------------------
Oh yes, I should have mentioned this sooner, but you can consider the rescue Aya/Iku portion a prologue of sorts. To establish which of the newer Touhou characters you have a greater relationship with. So far so good, encountering Aya, Iku Patchy Koakuma and inadvertently Yamada and Machi.

As a note, I find it very hard to imagine Koakuma as a Succubus, especially when my sister keeps referring to her as a "bat-fairy".
>> No. 12856
[] The flustered looking schoolteacher. She’s trying to find all her wayward students, who have scattered during the duel.
>> No. 12857
[x] That rabbit, Tewi was it? She seems to be crying softly in the middle of the enclave. See what you can do.
>> No. 12858
[x] The flustered looking schoolteacher. She’s trying to find all her wayward students, who have scattered during the duel.
>> No. 12859
>Yamada and Machi.

Yeah, that was...unexpected, but very nice. Does Lordanon really have the chance of becoming a Yama? Do want Yama End.
>As a note, I find it very hard to imagine Koakuma as a Succubus, especially when my sister keeps referring to her as a "bat-fairy".

Cute. How old is she?
>> No. 12861
[x] The short girl with greenish blond hair. She’s standing by the hired workers, though they don’t appear to notice her. She’s also holding a straw hat with eyes on it and all four of her eyes are glued on you.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
>> No. 12862
[x] The short girl with greenish blond hair. She’s standing by the hired workers, though they don’t appear to notice her. She’s also holding a straw hat with eyes on it and all four of her eyes are glued on you.

IMPOSSIBLE TO DO ANYTHING ELSE WITH THOSE EYES STARING AT US. OH GOD THEY DON'T BLINK. SHE JUST KEEPS STARING...
>> No. 12863
[] The blue and white clad fairy; she’s sticking her head into that blob of darkness and appears to be talking excitedly.
>> No. 12864
[x] The short girl with greenish blond hair. She’s standing by the hired workers, though they don’t appear to notice her. She’s also holding a straw hat with eyes on it and all four of her eyes are glued on you.

Strange, why would a goddess keep staring at a mortal like that?
>> No. 12865
[X] The short girl with greenish blond hair. She’s standing by the hired workers, though they don’t appear to notice her. She’s also holding a straw hat with eyes on it and all four of her eyes are glued on you.
>> No. 12867
[x] The short girl with greenish blond hair. She’s standing by the hired workers, though they don’t appear to notice her. She’s also holding a straw hat with eyes on it and all four of her eyes are glued on you.
>> No. 12868
[] That rabbit, Tewi was it? She seems to be crying softly in the middle of the enclave. See what you can do.
>> No. 12869
[X] That rabbit, Tewi was it? She seems to be crying softly in the middle of the enclave. See what you can do.

Tewi Tewi Tewi Tewi Tewi Tewi Tewi Tewi Tewi
>> No. 12870
[X] The short girl with greenish blond hair. She’s standing by the hired workers, though they don’t appear to notice her. She’s also holding a straw hat with eyes on it and all four of her eyes are glued on you.
>> No. 12873
[x] The short girl with greenish blond hair. She’s standing by the hired workers, though they don’t appear to notice her. She’s also holding a straw hat with eyes on it and all four of her eyes are glued on you.

Obey, Obey, Obey...
>> No. 12878
[] The short girl with greenish blond hair. She’s standing by the hired workers, though they don’t appear to notice her. She’s also holding a straw hat with eyes on it and all four of her eyes are glued on you.

I'm sorry Tewi but my goddess calls.
>> No. 12879
File 123058183072.jpg - (584.53KB , 992x758 , 8714c80b20e37fab34d372696d2df787.jpg ) [iqdb]
12879
[!/] The short girl with greenish blond hair. She’s standing by the hired workers, though they don’t appear to notice her. She’s also holding a straw hat with eyes on it and all four of her eyes are glued on you.

Might have to call votespam.
>> No. 12882
File 123058464059.gif - (21.61KB , 125x125 , Hypnotoad.gif ) [iqdb]
12882
[x] The short girl with greenish blond hair. She’s standing by the hired workers, though they don’t appear to notice her. She’s also holding a straw hat with eyes on it and all four of her eyes are glued on you.

Well this choice doesn't seem any different from the others I wonder what all the fuss is ab--ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
>> No. 12883
[x]The short girl with greenish blond hair. She’s standing by the hired workers, though they don’t appear to notice her. She’s also holding a straw hat with eyes on it and all four of her eyes are glued on you.

Cirno is tempting me though
>> No. 12885
All Glory to the Hypnotoad, sure, but this seems downright suspicious, if not blatant votespam.

[X] Though concerned for the sickly girl, Koakuma should be able to help her.
[X] On the other hand, there is the flustered looking schoolteacher. She’s trying to find all her wayward students, who have scattered during the duel. A new face, help her out.

hmm, want to do something about Tewi as well, and Suwacko, but cannot think of how to combine them in at the moment.
>> No. 12887
[x]The short girl with greenish blond hair. She’s standing by the hired workers, though they don’t appear to notice her. She’s also holding a straw hat with eyes on it and all four of her eyes are glued on you.
>> No. 12896
[x] The short girl with greenish blond hair. She’s standing by the hired workers, though they don’t appear to notice her. She’s also holding a straw hat with eyes on it and all four of her eyes are glued on you.
>> No. 12903
Looks like we should get one of the mods to verify.
>> No. 12904
>>12903

If you're talking about votespam, then it looks legit.
>> No. 12910
{X} That rabbit, Tewi was it? She seems to be crying softly in the middle of the enclave. See what you can do.

Tewi~
>> No. 12911
[x]The short girl with greenish blond hair. She’s standing by the hired workers, though they don’t appear to notice her. She’s also holding a straw hat with eyes on it and all four of her eyes are glued on you.
>> No. 12927
[x] Follow that sickly girl. It doesn’t feel right leaving her like this, and you should see her home at least, providing it isn’t too far.
>> No. 12941
Updates?
>> No. 12951
File 123071580571.jpg - (232.09KB , 590x413 , 3897092aaa.jpg ) [iqdb]
12951
>>12879
>>12885

I believe "Bandwagon" is the proper term for this phenomena.
>> No. 12953
[X] The flustered looking schoolteacher. She’s trying to find all her wayward students, who have scattered during the duel.

Vote for the unwinnable.
>> No. 12998
File 123077622940.jpg - (473.37KB , 1540x2125 , 恭賀新年!慧音先生 Happy New Year.jpg ) [iqdb]
12998
>>12953
Do the impossible see the invisible...vote the unwinnable.

Fight the power.

Can't start the year of the Ox without some Keine.

Picture unrelated fan service.Took me some time though.

Happy New Year! Best Wishes.
-----------------------

[] The short girl with greenish blond hair. She’s standing by the hired workers, though they don’t appear to notice her. She’s also holding a straw hat with eyes on it and all four of her eyes are glued on you.
[] The flustered looking schoolteacher. She’s trying to find all her wayward students, who have scattered during the duel.

It is a while, before any semblance of order is restored within the Eientei enclave, and you make your way to the edges of the enclave as the frenzied activity unwinds about you. Rabbits scurrying about, shirtsleeves rolled up, arms laden with boxes and jars, fixing the visible damage with remarkable efficiency. The crowd of gawkers, begins to thin, curious onlookers, curiosity satisfied, leave in all directions adding to the chaotic mess.

The group of workers, who had dismantled the “Moriya” banner you had seen earlier settle instead, at the front of a small tavern just opposite the enclave, seating themselves and calling for the waitress. Strangely, amongst their number, is a small girl, the wind sweeping the fringes of her greenish blond hair across her face. She clutches a straw hat to her chest, almost protectively. You note, with some trepidation, that there are eyes on that hat of hers. But then again, as unnaturally real as they are, anyone could get plastic novelty eyes from any cheap souvenir shop, and those were the kinds of things small children would like.

The girl, as if acknowledging your glance, lifts her head and smiles, her eyes meeting yours. All four of them in fact and you could have sworn the ones on her hat had swiveled to look at you, sending a chill down your spine. Eager to escape her disconcerting gaze, you return the smile, albeit with some reluctance, before awkwardly turning heel and bumping straight into another person, knocking her onto her rear and sending her hat tumbling into the muddy slush of congealed medicine and melted snow on the flagstones.

Eyes like blue steel gaze fiercely at you, framed by her sliver fringe of hair, tinted with blue.

“Excuse me,” she says. “But please stop staring at me.”

You realize that you had been in fact staring intently at the woman’s face. It’s vaguely familiar.

“Could you help me up?” she asks, holding out a hand. Sheepishly you take it and pull the woman up. She’s surprisingly light and you manage the task easily, and soon she’s back on her feet and you find yourself face to face with her. She’s almost as tall as you are, coming right up to your nose. “Well, thank you,” she says, scowl disappearing like it had never been there. “It’s nice to see that there are men in this village who act their age for a change.”

She looks you over. “But, judging from your attire, you’re an outsider aren’t you? We don’t get many of you here. Anyway, would you mind helping me pick up my hat? I really have to find all those children before their mothers lynch me.” She points towards the sorry thing, half buried in slush, retaining only the very last vestiges of its bento box shape.

“Keine sensei?” you gasp, you knew this hat looked familiar.

She frowns. “Do I know you?” she asks, studying you up and down. ‘I don’t think we’ve met before.”

“It’s me, sensei!” you exclaim, merely drawing a blank stare from the woman. Ah yes, you mentally berate yourself. It’s been six years since you’ve last seen Keine, and expecting that she’d recognize you after the six years of growth (and additional forty centimeters of height) you’ve picked up along the course of the years would be foolishly optimistic.

You look about warily, and lean in towards the woman. She looks at you with a surprised expression, but allows you to close in and whisper into her ear. Her eyes widen as recognition dawns.

“Oh it’s you!” she practically gushes, abandoning the serious demeanor she had earlier. “You used to come every winter! Still sensitive about telling people your name I see! Don’t worry, I haven’t told anyone.” She looks at you, a genuine smile breaking out on her features. “My my, you’ve really shot up over the years. You used to be the shortest in class!” she reminisces, sticking out a hand to about slightly below her bust level. “I remember, when you were just this tall, and little Akyu kept following you around the village.”

“Right, it’s good to see you too, Keine sensei.” You reply, “You seem to be keeping up well…sorry about your hat.” You bend and retrieve the sodden piece, its fabric soaked through and through, and hand it to Keine sheepishly. Grimacing, she pockets it, leaving her head bare.

”It’s alright; I can always get it washed and it’s good to see you again too.” She says, patting the bulge of her hat in her pocket. “Ooh! Look at me chattering away when there’s work to do!” she admonishes herself, suddenly, eyes widening. “There are children to be found.”

”Listen,” she says, leaning in close. “If you do see any schoolchildren, could you send them over to me? I’ll be around this enclave. I don’t think they’ve gone very far, but if you do see a stray one, please do send the poor dear over.” She explains, eyes scanning the crowd.

”Thank you, I really appreciate the help.” She replies, patting you on the head, a familiar gesture, something she did back then, whenever you did something particularly praiseworthy. It seems you haven’t outgrown this. “They’re all wearing those outing uniforms, blue as a rule and yellow hats to make them more visible,” she states, giving you a smile before continuing. “I remember you used to hate those hats. “Itchy and stupid-looking” were your descriptions, I believe.”
>> No. 12999
You spend the better part of fifteen minutes poking about the enclave, and finding no children. The heady nostalgia of a student-teacher reunion has faded someone and is replaced by the dull ache of frustration and for moments, you consider leaving the bloody brats to wander about. Good riddance to them. The though quickly passes, as you catch a hint of yellow, amongst the more drab colors the denizens of the village were more accustomed to.

You stop in your tracks, turning towards the source, and sigh. You seem to have come a full circle, and are standing at the flagstones before the tavern once again.

She’s still staring at you. And her hat too.

The girl you had seen earlier is still there. She’s seated upon on of the tables, stockinged legs dangling off the sides and hat placed neatly on her lap, intently looking in your direction. The two men seated at that table seem to be engaged in conversation, taking no notice of her at all. Her hat is of yellow straw (apart from the novelty eyes), and her attire is that of blue. You stop to think, what did that outing uniform look like anyway? It’s been so long since you’ve worn one of those and you’ve forgotten how the outing uniform of Keine’s school looked like.

Could she be one of Keine’s students? She looks a little too old, but then again, it’s not uncommon for someone to look older than he or she actually is. You decide to approach; it couldn’t hurt, could it?

She smiles benevolently as you approach, brushing something off her straw hat, it could be another trick, but you could almost hear purring. As you approach, she slides off the table to meet you, landing lightly upon the flagstones below her. The men don’t pay her any attention, continuing their meal and conversation uninterrupted. Goodness, she’s tiny; merely barely coming up to your chest in height, but it is her eyes (the ones on her face) that make you feel that you’re before an elder; that she’s something greater than you are.

“Er… are you from Keine sensei’s class?” you ask, falteringly.

“Maybe,” she says childishly, inclining her head to look you in the eye.

“I’ll take that as a yes.” You mutter, ire raised. “Keine sensei is looking for you, she’s waiting at the Eientei enclave.”

“You’re interesting.” She states simply. “I’ll take you.”

“Huh, take me where? I think that it’s best that you stop wasting time and report back to Keine sensei.” You protest, as the girl stares right back at you. “Can you go alone? It’s not that far, or do you need me to accompany you?” Temper washing away all your uncertainty. Dealing with children has never been your specialty or calling.

“Ah, you’re so serious.” She giggles, and then her expression hardens. With a flourish, she sweeps her the snow off her hat and places it back on her head. The eyes blink and regard you blankly, and you suppress the urge to shiver. You’ve dealt with Yukari and her gaps on many occasions, but that damned hat is something else.

“I am the great goddess of Moriya.” She announces. “I have decided that you shall be my consort.”

“What?’” -.-“”

[] Accept.
[] Think about it.
[] Decline. She’s a loli and you’re an “ample bosoms” kind of person.
[] Run, like there’s no tomorrow.

--------------------
Always liked Suwako and Keine. Anyway, they're setting off fireworks tonight, and my whole family is going along for the festivities.

On a side note, the board seems to be reviving itself. Goodto see you all.

Best wishes for the new year.
>> No. 13000
[x] Think about it.
[x] Decline. She’s a loli and you’re an “ample bosoms” kind of person.
[x] Run, like there’s no tomorrow.
>> No. 13001
[x] Decline. She’s a loli and you’re an “ample bosoms” kind of person.
>> No. 13004
File 123077767677.jpg - (215.78KB , 500x593 , a44b15727236552e50387a171ab79b8b.jpg ) [iqdb]
13004
[!/] Think about it.

Idort option.

Suwako's hat. A mystery not even Yukari would poke around in gaps to find solve.
>> No. 13005
File 123077785726.png - (149.31KB , 900x720 , 0d3d19d2bf3d30f13154ec4182d642a2.png ) [iqdb]
13005
>> No. 13006
[x] Think about it
>> No. 13012
[X] "Eh? Concert? Really, that'll be no good at all. I'm not orchestra material--even amateur orchestra. I can't play any instruments. Not even the triangle! Have you ever heard of a person unable to play even the triangle? I'll have to decline."
[X] "Oh, Concorde? There's no way I could fly one of those. I can't even fly normal aircraft. What makes you think I'd be able to fly Concorde? Besides, weren't those retired? That's a no-go. A real no-go."
[X] "Oh, conkers! Ah, I remember playing conkers. I wasn't very good at it, honestly. I'll never forget the one time my conker nearly became a ten-er. Still, those childish days are long passed. I can't return to them."
[X] "Cancer? Oh, no, I haven't got cancer. Where'd you hear something like that? I'm as healthy as a horse! A healthy horse, anyway. I can't say my life's perfect, but I'm doing all right! No cancer indeed!"
[X] "Ohhh, 'consort'! You've been saying 'consort'? Sorry, I'm got this inner ear problem that hasn't gone away yet. Hopefully it's temporary, right? It's awfully inconvenient, having to go about with your ear mucked up like this! It's sure to cause trouble! I'll say it again: it's sure to cause trouble! Anyway, you said 'consort'? You said 'consort'!"
[X] "Well! That changes everything!"
[X] "No."
[X] "Bugger off."
>> No. 13013
File 123078523562.jpg - (762.01KB , 1458x1227 , Tadpoles.jpg ) [iqdb]
13013
[X] Accept.

I want to make tadpoles with her.
>> No. 13014
[x] Think about it
>> No. 13015
[X] Think about it.
[X] Accept.
>> No. 13016
File 123078855439.jpg - (215.38KB , 700x562 , 1197139223096.jpg ) [iqdb]
13016
>>12999
Well--either we're referring to the strict sense of "consort" or Suwako merely means "companion." Or this is all a big joke - she did comment on us being so serious, though it was sort-of in the middle of one of her ideas.

Big Sis doesn't want us hanging around in Gensokyo for too long. Running might not work and only make the situation worse (lol "throw yourself out the window"); while having Suwako slip over into her "mature woman" form might prove interesting ...

[x] Think about it.
>> No. 13018
File 123078980043.jpg - (539.86KB , 1055x1504 , 1211829709174.jpg ) [iqdb]
13018
>>13016

>while having Suwako slip over into her "mature woman" form might prove interesting ...

You speak of UTTER nonsense.
>> No. 13021
[x] Think about it
[x] Decline. She’s a loli and you’re an “ample bosoms” kind of person.

She's like a combination of loli and creepy old lady. DO NOT WANT.
>> No. 13023
[x] Think about it.
[x] Accept.
>> No. 13024
[] Accept.

But it's Suwako!
>> No. 13025
Iku~

A Suwako is tempting, but no thanks. Assuming that we know Sanae, she might find it odd that we're doing something with her great-great.....great grandmother.

At most, [X] Think about it.
>> No. 13026
It doesn't seem as if my earlier vote will win, so:

[x] Think about it
>> No. 13028
[x] Think about it
>> No. 13029
[x] Think about it.
[x] Accept.

not nearly enough Suwako, ever
>> No. 13030
Just one NEW YEAH FUCK YEAR update tripfag ????!
>> No. 13031
[X] Think about it.
[X] Accept.

Come now; we can't be in that much danger with a goddess hanging around us...
>> No. 13033
[X] Think about it.
[X] Accept.
>> No. 13037
[x] Think about it.
[x] Accept.
>> No. 13039
>>12998
Many thanks, my friend. Even in hopeless situations there shall be light.

Onto the matter at hand, though.

[X] Think about it.

Not cornering ourselves, while perhaps not as offending as those other choice of disagreement.
>> No. 13053
>>13039
Precisely.

[X] Think about it.
>> No. 13065
[x] Think about it

I'll think about it.
>> No. 13066
[x] Accept.

See my approval? That means you've still got it, Suwako. Get out of your mid-life crisis already.
>> No. 13067
Maybe this is all a competition with Kanako or something.
>> No. 13071
[ ] Think about it
[ ] Accept

Well, if she's offering...
>> No. 13073
>>13018
source please?
[ ] Think about it
[ ] Accept
>> No. 13079
[x] Accept.
>> No. 13081
[] Think about it.

[] Accept. Maybe. I dunno.
>> No. 13082
File 123089678941.jpg - (48.02KB , 413x720 , keine_sensei.jpg ) [iqdb]
13082
System Hint:
It is not a bento box.
>> No. 13085
File 123091528646.jpg - (49.35KB , 365x516 , 21e434f940cad2906496ced337c1be7d.jpg ) [iqdb]
13085
I should have phrased this better, but what I meant by "think about it," would be more appropriate as "analyze the situation."

Anyway, I've tried to combine your "consider it" with my "analyze the situation."

--------------------
[] Think about it.

“Well? What’s your answer?” the girl presses eagerly, too much like an excited child to be appropriate, considering the question posed. Was it even a request? If she were really as she had claimed, a goddess, there would be little chance of escape for one of your meager prowess.

Ordinarily, you would have assumed any self proclaimed goddess to be particularly out of touch with reality, but within Gensokyo, exceptions could be made for such cases. After all, you’ve met fairies, kitsune, nekomata and youkai of all species, all of them more than a little eccentric to say the least. Why should you be so surprised if a goddess suddenly decides to pop out of nowhere and offer herself to you?

You frown slightly, wondering if this were some sort of overly elaborate joke and if Yukari and co would come storming out of some nearby building with a camera screaming, “Welcome Home!” To be fair, it did sound like something your capricious sister figure would do just for the dubious enjoyment of “seeing that look on your face”.

You lean in close, doing your best to ignore the hat.

”Right...Miss, do you mind telling me who told you to do this? I have a fairly good idea already, but I think I’ll want some confirmation.” You say, casting suspicious glances over your shoulder, hoping to get a look at the perpetrator, should he (or most probably, she) be watching.

Her expression changes, as if she doesn’t know what you were talking about. “Who…told me to do this?” she repeats, giving you a puzzled stare.

“Come on,” you insist. “It’s a joke…right?”

She shakes her head, solemnly. “Afraid not.” She says, “I’m serious.”

“Really?”

”Really.” She answers, leaving you with an uncomfortable feeling. You swear you’ve watched something like this in a show somewhere, and it never turns out well.

“Er…why me then?” you ask, curious. “I don’t think I’ve heard of many Goddesses taking consorts.”

“See? You’re doing it already.” She points out.

”Doing what? I just want to know the reason of your…interest in me.” You counter, explicitly not using the word “infatuation”. You don’t even know if it’s even that.

“Questioning, asking, inquiring, all that stuff.” She states flatly, as if it should have been obvious. Perhaps she would have continued, but the workers at the tavern get up, having finished their meals and prepare to leave the village. The girl looks at them mournfully, and then turns back to you.

”I have to go, these people are under my protection, and it’s my obligation to see them safely home to their families.” She explains, jamming her hat tightly onto her head. “It’s bad form for a goddess not to protect those who she extends her blessings to.”

“I see…” you manage to say. “Responsible of you.”

She nods, and continues, lowering her head so that all you can see is her hat staring balefully back at you. In contrast to that fearsome thing, her voice is soft, and…shy? “You’ll consider my offer right?” She asks timidly, a world’s difference from the bold statements she had made earlier.

”Er…yeah,” you answer. It’s the best you can hope to do now, committing yourself at such an early stage would surely be a reckless decision.

“I see,” she says, smiling oddly. “It’s been a long time…” But before you can question her strange words, her demeanor changes, and smiling brightly she raises one white sleeved arm to your forehead. “Here, have a blessing,” she offers. “I’ll get all the children you’re looking for to head back to their teacher.” Nothing seems to happen, but you suppose that divine magic works rather more subtly than other forms. Cheerily, she waves to you and turns.

”Thanks,” you say sincerely, blinking as you realize that you’re talking to thin air, amidst the intrigued stares of the workers and tavern patrons.

-
You’re feeling fairly foolish as you return to Keine, wondering if you’re going insane; perhaps that dive out an open window left you with more head injuries than you had been diagnosed with. But to your surprise, Keine is standing amidst a small crowd of children, all clad in blues and yellows, with caps to match, it’s a wonder you didn’t spot them.

Keine thanks you profusely, even though you really haven’t done anything but walk around and converse with an imaginary person, and you spend some time in her company, escorting the children to their respective homes. It’s a noisy and tiresome process, but one that eventually does get done. You note the progress of the sun and mention that you’ll have to leave.

“You’re heading back? To the human realm?” Keine finally says, watching as the last child walk down the path to his home. “I suppose that it’s for the best. Despite the semblance of normalcy, the people are really on edge here, with all these earthquakes. It would be safer for you for one.” She advises, eyes brimming with concern.

”I guess.” You say, somewhat disappointedly. Even your old teacher feels that you should leave Gensokyo for a while. No doubt the realm is dangerous, but a part of you feels insignificant every time those who care for you, sends you from harms way. You’re more or less powerless here after all, and you acknowledge that. It’s just like how the denizens of Gensokyo would feel, being stripped of, or at least severely limited of their powers once they entered the human realm.

You don’t have to like it though.

“I’ll walk you to the base of the shrine at least.” Keine insists, tone brooking no argument.

“Yes, Keine sensei,” you mumble, knowing better than to argue when your teacher is in that mood.

Keine just smiles knowingly, and ushers you through the village gates.

It’s nearing evening by this time, and the sky is tinged with scarlet. It’s been a long hectic day, to say the least, and despite your dissatisfaction with your insignificance in the whole of things, you’re fairly relaxed. There’s a comfortable silence, the kind that can only happen between people well acquainted with one another, with only the sound of the winter breeze and the soft chatter of the residents of hidden fairy forts to add to the atmosphere.

Nothing is said, till you reach the eves of the forest, near the hill where the Hakurei shrine lay.

“That’s odd, I don’t recall this being a paved road.” You say, finally breaking the silence, noting the small changes that have occurred in your absence.

“Hmm, you wouldn’t.” Keine answers. “You weren’t here when they did it. After the scarlet mist incident, the Mistress of the Mansion paid for the road to the Hakurei shrine to be paved. As compensation to Miss Hakurei I suppose.”

“I missed quite a bit here I think, Keine sensei.” You comment. “I was caught up in the human realm. Sometimes, I don’t even know if I’ve made the right decision.”

“You’re intelligent and can be charismatic if you try,” Keine compliments. “I could see that when you first came, but if you have an obvious fault, it is that you do think too much. There’s no need worry so, not everything has to be carefully deliberated.” She continues, giving you a friendly pat on the head.
>> No. 13086
“Ah…” she exclaims wryly.” I’ll have to stop doing that, you’ve grown up well, and I daresay you’re a little too tall for pats on the head from your teacher now.” She laughs richly and stops. “Well, this is as far as I’ll go, I don’t think Lady Yukari would like your method of reaching Gensokyo to be widely known. Have a safe trip back.”

She’s about to turn, when you interrupt.

“Wait! Sensei,” you call, one question that’s been nagging you for a while. “Who is the goddess of Moriya?” you blurt out.

“Well, that’s a funny question to ask at this time.” Keine replies, giving you a puzzled look. “But I suppose you should know. The Moriya Shrine turned up two years ago, right up top Youkai Mountain and they have two Goddesses or so I hear. More than that, I can’t really tell you, I haven’t really looked into the Moriya teachings as of yet.” She says apologetically. “Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.”

“I see,” you reply. “Thanks anyway.”

Keine nods, and gives you a small bow, which you return, before turning away and performing a short hop into the air. You wave as Keine rises into the air, and takes off in the direction of the village, sailing gracefully though the air and wistfully, you turn your back and make the short climb near to the steps at the base of the Hakurei shrine.

It is here, hidden right under Reimu’s nose. Your very own gateway, and your entrance to Gensokyo . Well, to be precise, it actually belongs to Yukari, who had lent it to you many years prior.

You approach a crack in the rock, just along side the stairs to the Hakurei shrine and insert your hand into the space, barely large enough to accommodate your arm. Fumbling about the enclosed space, your fingers brush something razor sharp, drawing a yelp of pain and a string of swearwords. Swearing, you grip your fingers on both sides of the gap, carefully trying not the brush against the infinitely thin edge and pull, smoothly sliding out a rectangular pane, not unlike a window into the open air.

It’s much different from Yukari’s usual gaps, rigid and sharp, in contrast to her curvy seemingly random apparitions and instead on the numerous eyes that would have appeared within hers, this one’s surface is seemingly polished to mirror sheen, reflecting the evening light. While you haven’t really asked for an explanation for this phenomenon yet, you suppose that after several years under your “ownership,” this particular gap has adopted some of your characteristics- and preferences.

Nursing your bleeding hand, you’re prepared to step into the gap when you hear the rustle of cloth and the light tap of someone landing behind you. You turn your head slightly, but you can’t get a good look in the rapidly diminishing light, just managing to catch snatches of familiar clothing. Whoever it is, he or she hasn’t deigned to attack you from behind.

[] Aya?
[] Iku?
[] Aya, Iku, what are you two doing here?
[] Into to the gap.
>> No. 13088
>It is here, hidden right under Reimu’s nose.

[x] Reimu, what are you doing here... at your shrine?
>> No. 13091
[X] Aya?
>> No. 13096
[X]Into the gap

Nothing bad can come from this.
>> No. 13097
[x] Iku?
>> No. 13098
There is way too little amounts of Iku interaction.

[x] Iku?
>> No. 13099
[x]Into the gap
>> No. 13102
[X] Aya, Iku, what are you two doing here?
>> No. 13111
[X] Iku!
>> No. 13113
[x] Aya, Iku, what are you two doing here?
>> No. 13116
File 12309402301.jpg - (104.03KB , 600x600 , 1214695140941.jpg ) [iqdb]
13116
[!/] Iku?
>> No. 13117
[X] Iku?
>> No. 13118
[x] Aya, Iku, what are you two doing here?
>> No. 13119
[X] Iku?
>> No. 13121
[X] Iku?
>> No. 13122
[X] Iku?
>> No. 13125
[ ]Iku?
>> No. 13126
>>13098
Yeah. That silly jump out the window thing... maybe we can do better this time.

[x] Iku?
>> No. 13128
>>13126

This time, the window JUMPS INTO US
>> No. 13129
>>13128
Gensokyo, soviet, etc.
[X] Iku?
Is it saturday yet?
>> No. 13141
Updates?
>> No. 13160
[X] Iku?
>> No. 13162
File 123105944025.jpg - (101.49KB , 700x525 , 0c890fcbc8099c120a06036ec9fe813b.jpg ) [iqdb]
13162
.....Iku?
>> No. 13194
[X] Iku?
>> No. 13215
I'll be back on the weekend.
I'm having my cables replaced.
>> No. 13250
>>13215

You some kind of robot?
>> No. 13271
>>13250

He is a writing machine.