[Return]
Archived Thread

File 122626443269.gif - (2.52KB , 250x160 , new_classic_doom_item_berse.gif ) [iqdb]
11105 No. 11105
Alright, I posted an update without noticing that said update would be the first autosage post, so I'm posting a new topic here.
>>11086

>> No. 11106
[ ] Practice your magic. Patchouli said it would take a long time to master it, but you have a renewable source of energy now.
>> No. 11107
[x] Practice your magic. Patchouli said it would take a long time to master it, but you have a renewable source of energy now.

.>Loot the house for anything useful, then leave the house.
>> No. 11121
[x] Practice your magic. Patchouli said it would take a long time to master it, but you have a renewable source of energy now.
>> No. 11134
[x] Practice your magic. Patchouli said it would take a long time to master it, but you have a renewable source of energy now.
>> No. 11148
Might as well try it. There's nothing to lose by practicing your magic in your spare time before you leave for Hakugyokurou. Right now magic practice is a great idea.
You find your way to the courtyard and find a place to sit down and concentrate.

After a couple hours of practice, it seems you've actually managed to pull off something semi-useful. You've figured out how to concentrate more energy into what you already could do in order to make a single weak bullet. Likely it would only be able to take out at most one fairy, but it's better than nothing.
It also drains a big chunk of the energy in the battery even casting this rather small useless shot. You could probably make a stronger one if you had a full battery, but you're not sure if you'd be able to control it properly. You could hurt yourself or someone around you. That would be problematic.

You continue training like this for about an hour, getting the battery refilled as you go. After enough practicing, it feels as though you suddenly have more energy outside of the battery. Your own energy capacity seems to have increased. However, it's still only enough for one of the weak shots, and you'd probably end up exhausted and energyless after trying it. Likely best left for emergency purposes.

This is the point you decide that you've trained enough. Training for any longer might be a bad idea. But then, leaving right now when you could prepare yourself a bit more would be a bad idea as well.

[ ] Train more with the magic. Maybe you can increase your capacity again.
[ ] Head to the training area. (Specify firing range, danmaku-dodging practice, or obstacle course.)
[ ] Leave for Hakugyokurou now.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 11150
[X] Wander the halls
>> No. 11171
[x] Head to the training area. Firing range
>> No. 11175
[x] Head to the training area. Firing range

We'll increase our magic capacity by surprise mana transferring with Wriggle.
>> No. 11590
13 days of no updates. Wow.
---
Of course, your skills with firearms could be better. A bit of training with them would do you a whole lot of good, with them being your primary weapons and all. Therefore, the firing range is the best choice.

When you get there, you find it packed with rabbits. There's only one stall left, and you take your place at it.
...You forgot your gun, you dumbass.
This leads to another whole trip back in and out of Eientei to get your gun and one of these magic guns. Sitting down at the stall, you take aim at the target.
Damn these targets are far away. You can barely fit the whole thing on your bead, much less the center. Well, they are quite small too. Custom targets because of the enemy being fairies? Maybe.
You decide to use the magic gun to practice. You can actually SEE its shots and whether they hit or not. You're fairly sure that you didn't buy tracer rounds, and you'd rather not waste ammunition finding out.

It takes about an hour or so of training to actually hit the target. The thing's tiny, but you thought your aim was better than this. Oh well, now you can at least hit it.
Your eyes are strained from staring at the tiny target, too. It's probably a good idea to take a break. You decide to do exactly that. Taking a walk around Eientei is how you'll do it. This time you'll stick to the walls so you don't end up walking into the lake or something.

It's rather peaceful. Birds chirping, rabbits running to and fro, the sound of a nearby but non-visible stream trickling, armored bears rushing you...

Of course, by reflex you take aim at the armored bear and fire. The magic bullets don't do a thing to its armor, though, and it keeps moving towards you, eventually finding you. Up close, the bear looks familliar, like you've seen it in another lifetime. But that's not possible, is it? Bears don't live that long, right?
Oh well, that doesn't matter. What matters now is not getting thrown at shit. Like trees. For some reason you feel like this bear will throw you at a fucking tree. And that could break your spine.

It makes a swing with its massive paw. You barely avoid it, but in doing so fall flat on your ass.
The sunlight glints on the bear's armor as it looks at you. You can tell from its stare that it's thinking "REMEMBER ME, BITCH? I'M THAT BEAR YOU ATTACKED, AND I'M BACK TO KILL YOU AGAIN!" How you got that "again" from it, you don't know, but you've got to act quickly or you're going to get maulled to death. Again?

[ ] Berserker pack. THIS BEAR'S HUGE, THAT MEANS IT- yeah, this joke is old.
[ ] Your AK-47 is strapped to your back. Use it.
[ ] Spellcard. You have no doubt that it'd make short work of this bear.
[ ] TRICKS LIKE ALL OF THOSE ARE FOR PUSSIES, FIGHT THIS BEAR LIKE A MAN. HAND-TO-HAND COMBAT.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 11591
[X] Spellcard. You have no doubt that it'd make short work of this bear.

At least it wasn't the bear cavalry.
>> No. 11592
[x] Berserker pack. THIS BEAR'S HUGE, THAT MEANS IT- yeah, this joke is old.

WE'RE GOING TO DO IT AGAIN, AND WE'RE GOING TO DO IT RIGHT THIS TIME.
>> No. 11593
[x] Bezerker Pack AND 'Perfect Ruffle' Upgrade.
>> No. 11596
[X] Spellcard. You have no doubt that it'd make short work of this bear.
>> No. 11665
[x] TRICKS LIKE ALL OF THOSE ARE FOR PUSSIES, FIGHT THIS BEAR LIKE A MAN. HAND-TO-HAND COMBAT.
>> No. 11666
>>11592 here.

Change it to a spellcard or something like that. I thought of a better way to use the bezserker pack later on.

Ever hear of the Gaia Hypothesis?Although I suppose it should be reserved for grand finale or something like that.
>> No. 11669
[X] Spellcard. You have no doubt that it'd make short work of this bear.
>> No. 11670
>>11666

Funny, I could've sworn that post was mine.
>> No. 11671
>>11670

Whoops.

Meant it >>11593.
>> No. 11709
It's a goddamn bear. It's not worth the risk of things not working, and the berserker pack is a bit more costly to replace. And trying to wrestle a bear is like trying to outrun a fighter jeton foot. The only logical choice would be to use your spellcard.
You quickly reach into your pocket and pull out the spellcard, pointing it in the direction of the bear and activating it. A flash of light almost blinds you as two massive beams of energy coming from somewhere to either side of you slam into the bear. The bear goes down with a massive roar, but you can tell that it's still alive. You've got a moment to decide what to do next. If you fuck this up, you could very well get mauled to death.

[ ] FIGHT LIKE A REAL MAN
[ ] Berserker pack. No more jokes.
[ ] RUN
[ ] Anti-aircraft gun. It's a fucking BEAR.
>> No. 11711
[x] Anti-aircraft gun. It's a fucking BEAR.
>> No. 11712
[x] Anti-aircraft gun. It's a fucking BEAR.

Boom!
>> No. 11714
[ ] Anti-aircraft gun. It's a fucking BEAR.
>> No. 11734
[x] Anti-bearcraft gun. It's a fucking AIR.
>> No. 11774
This bear. It's going to kill you.
You can't let that happen. No, you don't want to die here from a random encounter. Not after you defeated a whole army with a hive of berserker bees. No, going down to a bear after that, even if normally a badass way to go down, wouldn't be awesome enough. No, you've got to wait until at least the final battle to end all this to die. Dying here is not a possibility.
Of course, there's only one way to ensure that the bear will be dead.
Reaching into your pocket, you pull out the tiny gun and point it towards the bear. Aiming it right... Well, it can take down a plane. It would be a waste of its kinetic energy to have it hit such a small point as the head. The stomach is where it should be aimed.
You do so. And pull the trigger.
In the very instant before the gun actually fires, a shot rings off from somewhere to your left. Blood and bits of brain fly from the bear's head. But you don't react quick enough to avoid wasting ammo. The gun fires, and the recoil sends you flying back into the wall of Eientei. Luckily, you don't seem to have recieved any injuries other than a few bruises.
Looking back up at where the bear...was, you find a grotesque scene of bear guts and blood everywhere. You seem to have been hit with a bit of the blood, but not much.
But the bear's dead. Well, it was dead before your gun fired, but that's unimportant. The bear's dead.
...But who was it that fired that shot? You...don't remember any of your group having weapons that could do that. It wasn't a magic or energy weapon. It had to have been a firearm. But who?

[ ] Check who it is. Someone must have...found a gun? Somewhere?
[ ] Run off into the forest. THE FAIRIES ARE ATTACKING, YOU MUST GET AWAY.
[ ] Smash a hole in this goddamn wall. Quickest way to get into Eientei from where you are, so you can alert everyone.
[ ] Don't do anything.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 11775
[X] Don't do anything.
>> No. 11778
{X} Don't do anything.
>> No. 11782
[X] Don't do anything.
>> No. 11784
[x] Don't do anything.
>> No. 11887
You could do something, but...
You'd really rather not. Just standing here, doing nothing, it seems to suit you. And it's not silent at all. If it were, you wouldn't be able to stand it. In fact, it's quite noisy. Rabbits keep coming up to you and poking you and such, screaming in your ears to get a reaction. But you don't budge.


After a couple weeks, however, the rabbits get bored. You, however, have changed by then. No longer do you hate silence so much. In fact, you've reached the most extreme form of apathy- and somehow, it's working out all right. Your body stops needing food. It wouldn't be the strangest thing to happen in Gensokyo. You're soon forgotten by everyone, as they decide you've gone insane and eventually don't find any reason to visit you much anymore. A couple of people, the ones closest to you, come and visit you every once in a while. However, you effectively became a lawn ornament for Eientei.
Eventually you die, after a good couple centuries standing there. Over time you've become covered with graffiti and such. Yes, graffiti. But it doens't matter. Nothing matters. All that you care about is sitting here, doing nothing...

NOTHING END

Real update after I update nightmare mode.
>> No. 11893
Checking who it is might be dangerous. Crying wolf about a fairy attack would just make you look stupid. Running into the forest is suicide. Therefore, sitting tight right here is the best choice.
"OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED?" Girlish voice shouts from the direction.
"Coco, you used too much powder! What the hell were you thinking?" Another girlish voice. If the first girlish voice was Coco, this must be Penny.
"Eh? But I only put in two bullets worth..."
"And when exactly did you learn about explosives!? I'm pretty sure that's not part of the training for officers!"
"Shut up, Penny. We need to make sure he's not hurt before we argue with each other."
...that was a surprising tone to hear from Coco. You've never heard her so serious before.
"R-right."

They soon buzz into view. You notice a sniper rifle strapped to her back.

"ARE YOU OKAY? I MADE THE BULLET WRONG AND-"
...Is this really Coco?
"It's alright, Coco. You didn't do anything wrong. The bear exploding was my doing." You gesture towards the portable weapon of mass destruction you're holding in your hand.
"Nevermind that. Where exactly did you get a sniper rifle?"
"Eh? Oh, this. Uh, well... I built it. Part by part. It was very time-consuming and required a lot of magic. Don't worry about it. Penny gave me copper for the bullets. We, uh, snuck a couple of your bullets for the powder."
...Okay. You're not sure about the safety of letting your prisoners of war have sniper rifles. But if they can make them themselves, taking it away wouldn't help much. And they just saved your life, or at least tried to.

[ ] Let them keep it.
[ ] Confiscate.

Also, write-in what you do next.
>> No. 11897
[X] Let them keep it.
[X] DUAL HIGH FIVE
>> No. 11934
[x] Let them keep it.
[x] DUAL HIGH FIVE

I like it!
>> No. 12008
Concerned? I'm fucking delighted, man.

[X] Let them keep it.
[X] DUAL HIGH FIVE.
>> No. 12020
[x] Let them keep it.
[x] DUAL HIGH FIVE
>> No. 12131
Wait wait wait wait, hold on. These fairies just shot a bear with a homemade gun, likely without having tested it first, to save your life. How can you NOT let them keep it? There's no doubt in your mind that they're harmless now. Maybe even on your side. Stockholm syndrome? FUCK YES!
"...That's fucking awesome." You sum up the situation accurately.
But it's so awesome that just talking about how awesome isn't enough to express the awesomeness of the situation. You follow up with a high-five, somewhat lessened in impact by you having to explain to Coco and Penny exactly what it is.
Oh well, it got done.

Your prisoners of war are no longer prisoners of war. This pleases you. But you've got to figure out something to do.

[ ] Leave for Hakugyokurou now.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 12132
[x] Ask the note if Yuyuko holds grudges.
[x] Head for Hakugyokurou now.
>> No. 12133
[X] Gather party

then

[X] Leave for Hakugyokurou
>> No. 12135
[x] Ask the note if Yuyuko holds grudges.
[x] Head for Hakugyokurou now.
>> No. 12314
[X] Ask the note if Yuyuko holds grudges.
[X] Head for Hakugyokurou now.
>> No. 12387
...Well fucking duh. You've been sitting here wasting time for too long. It's time to get moving towards your objective, Hakugyokurou.
But something bothers you about that. Yuyuko. When you shot her earlier, she didn't seem to care too badly about it; however, she could have just been attempting to avoid a larger fight between her and Hakugyokurou if she attacked, missed, and broke the mansion. It's best to be wary of her in case she still holds a grudge from back then.
And beyond that, you'll be taking Mystia with you there. You don't know how that will work out. Yuyuko may eat, or else rape, her. You're not sure what to think of that.
Well, even if Yuyuko doesn't hold a grudge, you're almost certain Youmu does. And she's the one with a big fucking sword and superspeed movement. In other words, she's more dangerous to you, even though she has less power than Yuyuko.
Wait. Yukari is Yuyuko's friend. And you've got a method of contacting Yukari in your pocket.

Pulling the note out of your pocket, you begin to speak into it.
"Yukari, does Yuyuko hold grudges?"
After a moment, writing appears.
"You should know, this note isn't two-way. You're lucky I had decided to watch you at this very moment, or else I would never have heard your question.
Well, the answer is no. She doesn't hold grudges. In fact, she doesn't GET grudges. She's as carefree as she looks, and unless you do something horrible, she won't even begin to think badly of you. No, stopping her from kidnapping Mystia was not horrible.
But you do have to worry about Youmu. Even though Yuyuko told her she doesn't care, you still shot her. Youmu doesn't tolerate anyone hurting her Yuyu-sama, and would have cut you to ribbons for it if she hadn't been stopped by Yuyuko. Be careful around her. Other than that, you've got no worries. Now don't get yourself killed stupidly! <3"

Well, that's half-reassuring
"Alright, fairies. We're going to be leaving for Hakugyokurou soon. Will you help me find everyone?"
"Yes!" Coco and Penny both eagerly reply, then fly off somewhere to look for people.
You can't let them do all the work, though. You have to find people yourself.

[ ] Look for Wriggle.
[ ] Look for Mystia.
[ ] Look for Onric.
[ ] Look for Aya.
>> No. 12388
[x] Look for Aya.

Then she can find everyone else at the speed of light.
>> No. 12411
[x] Look for Aya.

Hmm I can finally view and vote in the topic again... Oh well
>> No. 12418
[X] Look for Aya.
>> No. 12842
[X] Look for Aya.
>> No. 12897
Normally you'd think that, but instead a thought just came to your mind. All of the things that have been happening around you have been quite interesting. The type of things that would make great scoops for aspiring tabloid reporters. And you're almost certain that a certain avian tabloid reporter is around here somewhere taking pictures and writing notes.
You begin searching around for her. She's good at hiding. You look in every hiding spot you can think of and find nothing. It's as if just plain not here.
...
Maybe she isn't.

With a sigh, you give up looking for the crow and instead head back inside to the main sitting room, where the rest of your group is gathered. Yes, the rest of your group. Wriggle, Mystia, Onric, Aya, Kohaku, Coco, Penny, Rumia.
...Wait, that can't be right.
You look them all over again.
Wriggle, Mystia, Onric, Kohaku, Coco, Penny, Rumia.
...No, it's just fine. No extra people at all. Moving on.

"Alright, are we all ready to leave?"
Everyone voices their positive responses, and you all head off on your way.
"You're going to have to fly to get there. It's a bit difficult to get there by foot." Aya calmly states.
...Wait, what?
No, there's no Aya there.
"That's right~ We'll need to fly~" Mystia says in her usual singsong voice. "Wriggle, you carry him."
Wriggle just nods and grabs your hand, lifting you into the air.

After a half-hour or so of flying, you eventually end up in front of a very large gate that you conveniently just fly over and end up over a large set of stairs. After a few minutes of flying, everyone suddenly stops. You turn to see exactly why and find that Youmu is standing there pointing a sword at you. Specifically you, no one else in your group.
"Why are you here?" She asks forcefully. Her sword is pointed at you, but her gaze switches between the rest of the group.
This is bothersome. You'd hoped she'd forgiven you. And you're here to stay at her place. She should be more polite to guests!

[ ] Spellcard. Time to teach her some manners.
[ ] The gun Remilia gave you. It worked on Yuyuko.
[ ] Try and reason with her.
[ ] Do nothing, let the others handle it.
[ ] write-in
>> No. 12898
[X] Try and reason with her.
>> No. 12899
[x] Try and reason with her.

"Yukari sent me."
>> No. 12900
[x] Try and reason with her.
>> No. 12901
[x] Try and reason with her.

Maybe add in something like :

"Would trust me if I did nothing that time? To sacrifice a friend out of fear or to try to curry favor?"
>> No. 13010
[x] Try and reason with her.
>> No. 13531
Of course, there would be no point in attacking her back for her impoliteness, it would be counterproductive. You want to set an example for her to follow in negotiating through problems like a civilized person.
"Hey, Youmu. Why don't you stop pointing that thing at me? It's making me nervous." you say solely to get her attention. She scowls.
"Why're you being so hostile, anyway? Is it because I shot Yuyuko? She said she didn't care herself, and specifically told you not to attack me for it. How do you think she'd react to finding out you attacked us just for coming here to seek help with a problem the whole of Gensokyo is facing at the moment?" She wavers.
Then reaffirms her expression. Damn.
"No! I won't let you through!" damn, this is disappointing. You thought this would work.
"Gaki Sword 「Storybook of the Gaki Realm」!" She declares her spellcard suddenly and without warning. Wriggle does a good enough job making neither of you get hit, but under the circumstances you're not sure you could. There's bullets fucking everywhere, and you can't even tell where they're coming from anymore. But once again, fighting is usless. You can only form one bullet, and it's a weak one. How the hell are you going to use danmaku against a fifth stage boss?
MORE IMPORTANT QUESTION. How is your first-stage boss supporter using danmaku against her? There's a huge gap in their abilities, but Wriggle is still doing her best to hit Youmu. It seems like she's getting progressively less defensive and more offensive, which is bad. Danmaku, even though it is usually non-lethal, usually hurts like a motherfucking son of a bitch when you get hit by it. At this rate, she's going to run right into a cluster of danmaku shots. Now, danmaku isn't lethal. However, letting go of Wriggle's hand after getting hit in the face by four or five shots, which feel like being hit by a snowball, at that speed... That's lethal.

Youmu's spellcard times out, and she immediately calls her second one.
"Hell Flame Sword 「Flying Slash Formation As Karma Gust」!"

Rather than just being shots flying everywhere as the last one seemed, this one clumps them together more, and includes some bigger shots about with larger diameter than your height.
...Shit. Wriggle's not dodging as well now. You're going to get hit, you know it. Like right..NOW!
A large group of danmaku bullets grow so close that there's absolutely no chance of getting out of the way on time, and Wriggle doesn't even know they're there. You brace for impact, hoping that you don't get let go of. The bullets near, and-
"Youmu~" From somewhere behind Youmu, Yuyuko's carefree voice cuts through the chaos to reach your ears. Almost immediately, all of the bullets Youmu has shot disappear into a cloud of cherry petals. It's important to note that they did this when the shots that were coming at you were only a couple centimeters away from slamming into you full force. You, of course, are a little shaken.

"A, Yuyu-sama! What is it?" Youmu slightly impatiently shouts back at Yuyuko.
"Ah, we have guests? Youmu, don't be so rude!"
"Guests? I'd hardly call these people guests."
"Anyway, Youmu. What were you up to?" It seems like she missed what Youmu said.
"Fighting off intruders, Ojou-sama."
Yuyuko briefly looks around the whole area.
"Intruders? Where, Youmu? Did you already scare them off?"
"They're over there, Ojou-sama." She waves her sword in your group's direction.
"Ah! Youmu! Be careful with that thing, you might cut one of our guests! Just because the intruders are using them as a meat shield doesn't mean they don't deserve better manners! But in that case." Youmu turns to your group. "Please move aside so Youmu can slash the intruders."
This is quite amusing. You can't help but wonder if Yuyuko is doing this on purpose. Whether she is or isn't, the result is the same, however: Youmu facepalms, and you hold back laughter.
"Yuyuko-sama, 'those people' ARE the intruders!" Youmu sounds very frustrated, and looks doubly so.
More noticable, however, is Yuyuko's sudden shift in personality. Suddenly she looks completeley, totaly serious.
"Youmu." Her crisp, clean voice has none of its usual sing-songiness. It's quite direct and piercing, yet calm. The voice a parent uses to tell their child that what they just did was very, very wrong.
Instead of continuing with words, however, she folds up her fan and taps Youmu on the forehead with it. Quite hard.
"Those aren't intruders. They're guests." she says seriously. "Look, there's Mischi~" she says sing-songy.
"But there's others there besides Mystia. That man who shot you is with them."
"Youmu, I told you not to worry about that~ Now, go prepare tea for our guests. Guests, come with me to the living room while Youmu prepares tea!" She begins floating off at a leisurely pace. You glance at Mystia. She seems a bit reluctant to follow her.
"L-let's go." She says with a pained voice. Well, if the person who doesn't want to go says to go, I guess that means that you should go.

You and your group follow her a couple dozen kilometers before you start to wonder exactly how large this Hakugyokurou place is. So far it seems to be larger than Gensokyo. You can't really tell, since you never saw the edge of either of them.

Eventually you arrive in front of a gigantic Japanese-style mansion. Gigantic isn't an overstatement. You thought Eientei and the Scarlet Devil Mansion were huge, but this is something else. It stretches clear off into the distance. You can't see the end, as once you've seen out far enough things get too foggy to see. It's a bit odd, because any closer than that and everything's crisp and clear. Must be some sort of magic.

Yuyuko opens a door on the side of the mansion and steps inside, welcoming you into her home.
Immediately inside, there's a kotatsu on the ground. The room is lit by something that you can't see; there are no lamps or candles of any sort, yet everything seems brightly lit. You sit down at the kotatsu.

...

Silence.

...

More silence.

...

GODDAMNIT FUCKING SILENCE. something needs to break this or you'll go goddamn insane. You know it's happened before. You can't quite recall exactly, but it happened.
But what to talk about? There really isn't anything you can think of. Other tha-Oh wait, that's why you came here, isn't it?

"Hey, Yuyuko." You begin neutrally. "Have you noticed anything weird going on in Gensokyo recently?"
"Oh, you mean that girl and her feudalism games? That'll never work out, dearie."
...Dearie? Isn't that a little bit personal ofa nickname for someone who shot you? Well, she does seem quite carefree usually. Wait, feudalism? That's the first you've heard of that. Could she perhaps be thinking of something completely different?

"Feudalism games?" you ask curiously.
"Feudalism isn't a game you know." she says as if she'd never said what she just said. "It works out okay for the people in power, but the servants suffer. Right?" She seems a bit more serious than usual, only a tad though.
"Ah~ Suffering~ I haven't eaten since Youmu ran off to greet the guests~" That can't have been more than an hour ago. Also, she's back to care-why are you noting every time she switches? It's quite obvious just from her voice.
"When's Youmu going to get here with that tea? She sure takes her time~"

Yuyuko's right, Youmu's taking her time. Which is bad for you, you have to endure the silence. Something to kill said silence is in order.

[ ] Write-in
>> No. 13567
[X] Excuse yourself, you have something to take care of.
[X] Wander the halls.
>> No. 13614
[x] Excuse yourself, you have something to take care of.
[x] Wander the halls.
>> No. 13874
[x] Excuse yourself, you have something to take care of.
[x] Wander the halls.
>> No. 13875
[X] Excuse yourself, you have something to take care of.
[X] Wander the halls.
>> No. 13892
[X] Excuse yourself, you have something to take care of.
[X] Wander the halls.
>> No. 14071
Yes, sitting here is boring. Worse, it's quiet.
Silence. Goddamnit, you hate silence and you always will. There's always a need to get rid of it.
Of course, there's not many ways to get rid of it in the middle of a room like this. There isn't particularly much to talk about for now. You don't want to leave before tea gets here, and that means you don't want to get through with your business until afterwards. This means you don't have anything to talk about. There's a distinct lack of other things to do. There's a box of oranges that you could eat, but you just ate and you aren't hungry. Yuyuko is, though, apparently, as she's been eating them nonstop.
That doesn't help you end the silence, though. There's nothing that does, really. Nothing in this room.
...What about other rooms?
"Excuse me, I have something to take care of." You stand up and walk towards one of the doors. On your way there, Yuyuko shouts to you "have a nice time~". Well, that's as much of a "go ahead and look through my stuff" as you need, isn't it?
Right, you're in a hallway now. It's fairly empty, and fairly long. There's a few doors along the hallway, but that's not what you're going to do, not yet. You have to wander the whole of the hallways, no matter how long it takes.

So you do just that. Walking along hallways. They're all mostly boring. Occasionally you'll run into a particular room that seems to be a lobby. The lobby's a bit less boring, but still boring. There's a kotatsu with no one sitting at it, and some pillows around it. The section of floor it's on is sunk down a bit from the rest of the floor.

You continue walking. Randomly through the halls, attemtping to find hallways you haven't entered before, until you've pushed forward into each one.
Eventually you find someone, though. A little girl with cat ears and two tails. It's quite obviously Chen. She's slightly wet, though. With something that smells like lighter fluid.

"Oh hi," she shouts at you, before striking a match and going up in a fireball before your eyes. OH GOD WHAT THE FU-

[ ] HOLY SHIT WRITE-IN
>> No. 14072
[x] "Candlejack."
>> No. 14073
[X] CHEEEEEEEEEEN

>"Excuse me, I have something to take care of."
>Chen gets set on fire

NOT SUSPICIOUS AT ALL
>> No. 14074
Thankfully youkai revive...

[x] "Candlejack."
>> No. 14076
[x] Yell "STOP, DROP, AND ROLL" until she gets the message.
[x] She's a youkai, she'll be fine. Her clothes however.... Take her to the bath to clean the soot off of her, and ask Yuyuko to lend her a set of Youmu's clothes.
>> No. 14093
[x] Yell "STOP, DROP, AND ROLL" until she gets the message.
[x] She's a youkai, she'll be fine. Her clothes however.... Take her to the bath to clean the soot off of her, and ask Yuyuko to lend her a set of Youmu's clothes.
>> No. 14096
[x] Yell "STOP, DROP, AND ROLL" until she gets the message.
[x] She's a youkai, she'll be fine. Her clothes however.... Take her to the bath to clean the soot off of her, and ask Yuyuko to lend her a set of Youmu's clothes.
>> No. 14396
age
>> No. 14583
lol update
---
HOLY SHIT
SHE JUST LIT HERSELF ON FIRE
"CHEEEEEEEEEEN!" you shout with as much volume as you can muster, "STOP, DROP, AND ROLL!"
"But why?" She asks innocently. "That would ruin the joke!"
"WHAT FUCKING JOKE YOU ARE ON FIRE"
"Exactly!"
"PUT YOURSELF OUT GODDAMNIT DOESN'T IT HURT"
"...Oh. I see what you AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"
Suddenly she lets off a piercingly loud scream.
Oh shit someone probably heard that, and they're going to come to find out what the hell she was screaming about and then find her burning. With you next to her. Fuuuuuuuuck.
Right, got to put her out.
"CHEN! STOP DROP AND ROLL DAMNIT!"
She complies, and the fire is quite quickly put out.
"Holy shit Chen, what the hell were you thinking?"
"How do you know my name?" She asks with a calm voice, as if nothing happened at all. As if she didn't just light herself on fire.
"Long story that doesn't matter at this very moment. We need to get you medical attention."
As you're saying that, her singed clothing falls off, revealing a quite unburnt body. Either she healed that fast somehow, or the fire didn't actually touch her, just burning off of fumes. Either way, she's unharmed, but quite naked. And covered in soot."
"Er. Rather, clothing. We need to get you clothing."
"...Why?"
Okay goddamnit Yukari.
You facepalm. Did she inhale too many fumes from whatever accelerant she used? No, it has to have been something from before that. This is just to ridiculous.
"Because you're naked. Stop asking questions."
"Okay."
"...So do you happen to know where Youmu's room is? Her clothes should fit, if just a bit large."
"Nope."
Well shit.
"Uhh, let's get that soot cleaned off of you first then. You won't drown yourself in the bath, will you?"
"Why would I do that?"
"Don't. I'm going to go ask about getting you some new clothes. So where's the bathroom?"
"Right there." She points at the open door to your right.
"...Okay. Take a bath now, Chen."
"Okay."
She stands there for a moment.
"...Why are you standing there, Chen?"
"How do I take a bath?"
FFFFFFFFFFF
"Well, you fill the tub with water, climb in, rub soap all over yourself, then wash the soap off."
"Show me!"
...Uh oh.

[ ] Show her.
[ ] Don't show her.
>> No. 14586
[x] "Well sure I'll--WAIT ARE YOU FUCKING WITH ME?"
[x] Dump this responsibility on someone else.

YOUMU:
BATHE CHEN.
THEN GIVE HER YOUR CLOTHES.
>> No. 14587
[X] "Well sure I'll--WAIT ARE YOU FUCKING WITH ME?"
[X] Dump this responsibility on someone else.
>> No. 14610
[X] "Well sure I'll--WAIT ARE YOU FUCKING WITH ME?"
[X] Dump this responsibility on someone else.
>> No. 14614
"Well, sure. I'll--" Wait a second.
"WAIT, ARE YOU FUCKING WITH ME, CHEN?"
"Ran-sama said fucking was something for adults."
...Yeah, she's fucking with you.
"...Right. And for that exact reason, I can't bathe you. Instead, I'll get someone else to."
"Alright. But that's boring."
"Indeed it is. But otherwise, bad things would happen. Definitely."
"Okay."
"Just don't drown yourself."
You push her towards the door, then close it behind her.
Right, time to get her bathed.
You backtrack right back towards the main room where everyone else is. You quickly make it there.
And conveniently find Youmu outside of the room about to enter with tea.
"Oh, hey. Youmu. Chen needs a bath."
"Fuck off." Her glare is piercing. Oh, right. She hates your guts.
"...But she needs a bath."
"Fine, I'll go give her a bath. But you're making dinner tonight."
....
Okay.

So, tea with everyone. But it's still quiet. You need something to do.
Well, you could of course explain the situation, but there's surely more interesting topics than that, right?

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 14625
>"Fuck off." Her glare is piercing. Oh, right. She hates your guts.

Yeah, she totally wants it.

[x] "Due to emergent circumstances including shikigami-induced self-immolation, 'cat' will no longer be on tonight's dinner menu. Any suggestions as to a substitution? I was thinking frittatas."
>> No. 14635
[x] "Due to emergent circumstances including shikigami-induced self-immolation, 'cat' will no longer be on tonight's dinner menu. Any suggestions as to a substitution? I was thinking frittatas."
>> No. 14642
[x] "Due to emergent circumstances including shikigami-induced self-immolation, 'cat' will no longer be on tonight's dinner menu. Any suggestions as to a substitution? I was thinking frittatas."

Xavier ruined the word "Frittata" for me.
>> No. 14649
[x] "Due to emergent circumstances including shikigami-induced self-immolation, 'cat' will no longer be on tonight's dinner menu. Any suggestions as to a substitution? I was thinking frittatas."
>> No. 14658
[x] "Due to emergent circumstances including shikigami-induced self-immolation, 'cat' will no longer be on tonight's dinner menu. Any suggestions as to a substitution? I was thinking frittatas."
>> No. 14681
Gah, silence. Your eternal enemy. One day, you're going to finish it off for sure. For now, though, you can only win individual battles in this war of attrition.

"So." Everyone's attention turns towards you. "Due to emergent circumstances, including shikigami-induced self-immolation, 'cat' will no longer be on tonight's menu. Any suggestions as to a substitution? I was thinking frittatas."

"Oh, really? We were going to have cat? I've never had cat before, I wonder what it's like."
Yuyuko's carelessness is amazing.
"But if I don't get to try it tonight, I suppose that I can have Youmu cook up that special dish I've been craving. It's been such a long time since I've had chicken breast~" You see Mystia turn pale, as if that was a completley horrible thing to hear. of course, she probably thinks Yuyuko is planning on eating her, when in reality she's probably planning on "eating her." Two distinctly different actions which should never be confused ever.
However, chicken breast does sound good.
"That does sound good, Yuyuko." Wriggle shoots you a glare. You're unsure of which of the above meanings of eating caused her to do this, but either way it's intense and sharp. It's also silent, like the rest of the room. Goddamnit.

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 14683
[x] "Sorry, Wriggle, insects aren't my favorite food group among the arthropods. Now if we were talking about crustaceans..."
[x] "Say, how about lobster?"
>> No. 14686
[x] "Well, that's certainly sounds like an exciting dinner idea, but I think if we're going to try anything wild, we should start with some alcohol first."

Introduce alcohol, and watch Yuyuko get it on with Mystia which in turn leads Wriggle towards us? I see this working a lot better in my head, but then again, that applies to everything I think up...
>> No. 14691
[X] "Well, that's certainly sounds like an exciting dinner idea, but I think if we're going to try anything wild, we should start with some alcohol first."
>> No. 14706
[x] "Well, that's certainly sounds like an exciting dinner idea, but I think if we're going to try anything wild, we should start with some alcohol first."

I can't see it working perfectly, but it never hurts to try
>> No. 14754
...Regardless of which meaning it's directed at, she's right. It's making Mystia uncomfortable, and you don't want that. She's your friend, after all.
But then, you're not sure how Yuyuko will respond to you just flat out saying "no." She's quite a carefree person, but you'd basically be cockblocking her, if she had a cock. Fuck, this is Gensokyo. For all you know, everyone has a penis. Well, that can't necessarily be said about Wriggle and Yukari, but Yukari can mess with the border between male and female or something and you're certain that there are insects that can change their gender. Probably. In any case, you'd be cutting Yuyuko off, and you just don't fucking do that, man.
...So, dodge it somehow. Perhaps in a way that also kills the silence?
Yeah, most often parties with alcohol involved are not silent. If everyone's drunk and there's no noise being made, it isn't much of a party. So, it's probably best to turn this into a party with drinking and such.

"Well, that certainly sounds like an exciting dinner idea, but I think if we're going to try anything wild, we should start with some alcohol first."
"That's a great idea!" Yuyuko agrees. "Hey, Mystia. Do you have any of that sake you serve at your lamprey stand? That stuff is really good~"
Mystia suddenly looks a bit down.
"I don't have a stand anymore." Uh oh, now she's going to be depressed.
"Oh, I see~ I'll just have to make Youmu make you a new one, then." Yuyuko smiles at Mystia warmly.
Mystia looks back up at Yuyuko.
"I'm not going to let you eat me just because you build me a new lamprey stand."
"What~? Why would I expect you to do that~" She asks as if she doesn't expect Mystia to expect her to try and eat her. "I just want to drink your delicious sake and eat your delicious food."
"I don't believe you, but...Okay~" She's a tiny bit brighter now. "If you try and eat me, him and Wriggle will protect me anyway, so~"
Hearing all these tildes is getting slightly irritating, to tell the truth.
"But how are we supposed to get sake without Youmu~?" Yuyuko asks. "It's not like I know where it's kept."
"Oh, you don't? Well, that's a bit of a snag."
"I~ Heard~ Talk~ About~ Parties~" Yukarin's voice from above, and suddenly she's sitting on your head. If she were minimized, it might be acceptable. A little Yukari-tan might even be cute. However, she's fullsize, so it, well, hurts.
"Oh, Yukari! We were going to have a party, but Youmu's lost and I don't know where the sake is. And apparently Chen lit herself on fire."
"Oh, I see. Well, I can help with the first part of that, then."
A gap opens over the table, and through it drops a couple boxes. When they land, you hear the sound of glass bottles clinking inside.
"I got some nice stuff from the outside world, too~"
You decide to be the person to open the box, since you brought up the idea.
Inside, there are multiple bottles. Looks like there's various types of alcohols in here. In fact, it contains at least one bottle of every type of alcohol you know of, and then some. It has multiple cases of the weaker stuff like beer and liqueurs. It does seem like the box is bigger on the inside than on the outside, but that doesn't bother you. You should choose what you want to drink.

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 14756
[X] Absinthe

What a great idea.
>> No. 14757
[x] Vodka! Delicious Vodka!
[x] Hey! They have some good Bourbon here! Let's have that!
[x] Or Scotch. Scotch is fine too.
>> No. 14758
[x] Crunk Juice

YEAH!
>> No. 14759
[x] water
>> No. 14760
[x] Minoriko's pee
>> No. 14763
[x] Minoriko's pee

Can't not vote for this.
>> No. 14765
[x] Vodka! Delicious Vodka!
[x] Hey! They have some good Bourbon here! Let's have that!
[x] Or Scotch. Scotch is fine too.
>> No. 14766
[x]Guinness

Whenever alcohol is mentioned...
>> No. 14767
[x] Vodka! Delicious Vodka!
[x] Hey! They have some good Bourbon here! Let's have that!
[x] Or Scotch. Scotch is fine too.
>> No. 14771
[x] Cough Syrup
>> No. 14908
Of course, obvious choice is obvious: Vodka. Delicious vodka.
...That's stretching it. Calling vodka delicious is a bit much. Yeah, no. Vodka isn't delicious. But its results are.
Ah, but wait! This here, this is some good bourbon! Let's have that!"
Or, maybe this scotch. Scotch is fine too, right?
...Argh, can't decide.

Looks like you were just a bit too slow, as someone else has already pulled out a bottle of sake and given everyone a tiny little cup of the stuff. You drink yours quickly, as if there were a different way to drink something so small. Everyone else does the same, so you can't have done it very wrong.

An hour or so and two bottles of sake and a half of everclear later and everyone's quite drunk, excluding you for the most part. You could probably go a bit more, but everyone else seems smashed. Huh, how about that?
Also, why isn't Youmu done washing Chen yet?

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 14915
[x] Ask who wants a mustache ride.
>> No. 14939
[x] Find Youmu and Chen: They too must get smashed.
[x] Bring at least one of the more ambulatory drunks with you as backup.
>> No. 14981
[x] Find Youmu and Chen: They too must get smashed.
[x] Bring at least one of the more ambulatory drunks with you as backup.

Leaving the girls alone together while drunk? Recipe for success right there, given what we've already heard. We might come back to a blushing and quite possibly horny Wriggle watching Yuyuko have fun with Mystia.
>> No. 14986
[x] Find Youmu and Chen: They too must get smashed.
[x] Bring at least one of the more ambulatory drunks with you as backup.
>> No. 14990
[x] Find Youmu and Chen: They too must get smashed.
[x] Bring at least one of the more ambulatory drunks with you as backup.
>> No. 15032
Uh oh, my update length suddenly dropped.
---
Of course, they need to get drunk too. Everyone else is smashed, why are the only ones remaining?
"I'm going to go get Youmu and Chen, they must get drunk as well."
"Don't fall over too much!" Yuyuko joklingly shouts out to you. of course, it's unlikely that you would, being only a tiny bit buzzed.

After a bit of walking, you reach the bathroom you left them at. The door is wide-open and you can't see anyone inside.

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 15056
[x] They must be changing somewhere if they aren't here and you didn't run into them on the way back.
[x] Since you're drunk, it'd be a perfect excuse to stumble into wherever they are so wander around trying to hear either of them and act accordingly if it sounds like they are.
[x] If they aren't, head back and try to seduce Wriggle a bit.
>> No. 15110
[X] They must be changing somewhere if they aren't here and you didn't run into them on the way back.
[X] Since you're drunk, it'd be a perfect excuse to stumble into wherever they are so wander around trying to hear either of them and act accordingly if it sounds like they are.
[X] If they aren't, head back and try to seduce Wriggle a bit.
>> No. 15136
[x] They must be changing somewhere if they aren't here and you didn't run into them on the way back.
[x] Since you're drunk, it'd be a perfect excuse to stumble into wherever they are so wander around trying to hear either of them and act accordingly if it sounds like they are.
[x] If they aren't, head back and try to seduce Wriggle a bit.
[x] Tell Youmu that "dinner" is served.
>> No. 15290
Oho. They must be changing somewhere if they aren't here and you didn't run into them on their way back, which would logically follow the route you took.
...Then again Youmu hates you and would attempt to avoid you, but...How would she know which route you're taking?
Anyway.
Perfect excuse. You're fairly drunk. This gives the perfect excuse to stumble into wherever they are.
"Heh." You let out a small chuckle. Time to get moving.
Slowly passing through the halls, for fear of tripping over your own feet, you examine every room you can. Well, it's not a very good examination, but you think it's fairly easy to see if there's two people inside of a room.

This all goes unsuccessfully however.

"Eh."

You decide just to go back to the sitting room.
The idea occurs to you to attempt to seduce Wriggle a bit. She's drunk too, right?

So you reach the sitting room and find that everyone, save Onric who hasn't been drinking, has passed out.
This includes Wriggle.

[ ] Abduct Wriggle.
[ ] Right here, right now.
[ ] Screw it, pass out with the rest of them.
>> No. 15292
[x] Abduct Wriggle.

YOU'RE GONNA GET TAKEN HOME

Hugbug~
>> No. 15293
>[ ] Right here, right now.
Tempting... I can imagine bad things happening if we tried it though, and we might not even get to reach the fun parts before we get killed.

Thus
[x] Abduct Wriggle.
>> No. 15299
[X] Abduct Wriggle.
>> No. 15310
[X] Abduct Wriggle.
>> No. 16064
You've got to abduct her.
Walking closer, you lightly pick her up, doing it slowly to avoid waking her up.
You carry her out of the room princess-style. She makes a few noises as you're moving, but otherwise stays out like a light.

You're now out in the hallway with Wriggle.

.>in-
Wait.

[ ] Write-in
>> No. 16065
[x] Find a private room for the two of you to share.
[x] Put her gently into the bed and get in with her.
[x] Fall asleep.

We've already raped her once, and as much fun as it would be to do it again, it'd be pretty low to take advantage of her while she's out drunk, so instead we'll create a more interesting situation and see what her reaction is.
>> No. 16070
File 123767954495.jpg - (98.94KB , 1035x1200 , putin11.jpg ) [iqdb]
16070
>>16064

>in-

>input

... There's only one thing that can be done with this.

>Putin

Fuck yeah.
>> No. 16072
>>16070
This is awesome.
>> No. 16078
[X] Find a private room for the two of you to share.
[X] Put her gently into the bed and get in with her.
[X] Fall asleep.

Alright
>> No. 16081
>>16070

Well, fuck, lol.
>> No. 16086
>>16070

haha what the fuck
>> No. 16237
[x] Find a private room for the two of you to share.
[x] Put her gently into the bed and get in with her.
[x] Fall asleep.
>> No. 16916
You decide against going through with taking advantage of her. As much fun as it would be, it would probably ruin all of the friendship you have with her, even if that's just a small amount.
However, you don't want to just waste this opportunity. You'll get something good out of it. A different kind of good.

The guest room you find suits your needs perfectly. two futons rolled up in the closet, which you unroll right next to each other. There's a large blanket obviously meant to be used for two people, which just makes the situation absolutely perfect.

Setting Wriggle down on one of the two futons, you lay down on your own.
A sudden urge brings you to wrap your arm around her as you sleep.
Sleep which comes easy.

---

That fight was a bit of a pain. The demons kept spawning, and eventually the entire field was peppered with the goddamn things. When they got within range of your shotgun, you decided to take action, killing as many of them as you could. Your ammo has a limit, though. You rapidly run out of shotgun shells, forcing you to use the pistol to attack things.
Eventually, though, they just stop spawning. The ones that are there...explode in a violent storm of blood, coating the entire field. Out of nowhere, a girl wearing a rather frilly brown dress with some rather bizarre spike decorations flies into the center of the field. You're unable to make out anything more of her appearance from this distance.
As suddenly as she appears, the place is filled with the familliar red fireballs of the imps, all being shot out of her body.

...What the hell? She can't be an imp. She's too human-like.

Marisa attempts to target her, but finds herself blindsighted by some of the fireballs, and in a surprising turn of event gets knocked out of the sky.

Then the girl doing the fireball-shooting begins floating towards you. the as-of-now sparse spread of fireballs gets thicker as she grows closer. You begin dodging, just like you had to with Marisa's spellcard. Luckily, it's a lot less dense and easier to get through. Unluckily, the things are actually made of fire and will actually kill you if you get hit too many times.

It's a good thing you avoid getting hit, then.

Still, this is really irritating. As a result, you really want to stop doing it.

Unshouldering your rocket launcher, you take aim and fire. The projectile flies true, impacting directly with the girl firing shots.

Well, there's your proof that she's not an imp. She didn't explode from that. In fact, she made it out seemingly without a scratch. Even those rocketlauncher motherfuckers at least look a little singed. She, however, is completely untouched.

A card materializes in her hand, and suddenly fireballs start shooting again. This time, however, they're in a pattern. Large spikes of fireballs shot off to the side and then aiming themselves at you. This is significantly harder to dodge than before, but still easy compared to what Marisa was firing at you.
You decide against wasting another rocket, waiting instead for someone else to try something. Where's those fairies? Why aren't they shooting? And Yumou, she's not doing anything either. You've been left to do this all yourself!
Well damn.

The best you can really do is dodge the bullets. It's fairly easy once you get the rhythm for it. You get singed a few times, but nothing major- you've gotten much worse from much bigger things.

You make it all right, however. After a while, she suddenly stops shooting, and just flies off somewhere.
The place fills with zombies. They definitley go down easy. Easier than usual. One shot from your pistol and they're down. The awesome thing about this is that they drop a usually full five-shot magazine of ammunition for that very same pistol which you can use to kill even more of them.

Soon the field is a wasteland of doubly dead rotting zombie corpses. The smell is horrible, you imagine, but you've quite gotten used to it in the past few weeks.

Just as you think you've got a short period to rest, another girl appears in front of you. She's wearing a long pink dress that extends below her feet. If she weren't flying, it'd be dragging along the ground. However, she's currently about four feet off of the ground, about ten feet away from you.
"Found you~" She states. Wait, found you? What? Why would she be-

She opens her mouth wide and lunges at you. You reflexively dodge to the side.

"What the hell, are you trying to bite me?"
"Yes. You're delicious."
"I don't give a goddamn how delicious I am, you're not going to bite me."
"But but but~"
"No buts."
"I'll just have to beat you until you let me then."
"...What?"

As soon as you ask this, things appear in the air. They look like teeth. Whether they really are teeth or just danmaku, you'd rather not find out.
This danmaku is much more dense than the last one. Still not close to Marisa's, but you're still worried.

It appears to follow the general shape of a mouth. Multiple mouthes, rather. Flying in all directions. There's a few holes. Most of them too risky. However, there's two you can see which may work.

Incidentally, you find a chainsaw just laying on the ground. How odd.

[ ] Right in front of you.
[ ] The one to the right.
>> No. 16919
[X] Right in front of you.
>> No. 16929
[x] Right in front of you.
>> No. 17067
[x] Right in front of you.
>> No. 17068
You decide to rush forward. Rushing forward into dangerous situations is how you do things. Regardless of how you do things, though, it seems like a better opening.

Slipping forward, you avoid a fireball that blindsights you and continue forward.

You run straight into a fireball that just appeared out of nowhere in front of your face. As you're reeling from the pain of getting hit, multiple more slam into you from all sides. The burning they produce creates extreme agony, preventing you from properly dodging any more.

When the last one hits, death is welcome. Better than living with such a charred body.

BAD END

[x] Back 1 choice
>> No. 17069
[x] The one to the right.

Damnit Jerl
>> No. 17075
[x] The one to the right.
>> No. 17095
[x] The one to the right.
>> No. 17103
[x] The one to the right.
>> No. 17200
[x] The one to the right.
>> No. 17269
You decide to take the path to the right.
It goes fairly well, leaving you with a wide-open shot at the impgirl. You take it, but it doesn't seem to be any effective at all, even after emptying a whole magazine. You find yourself too pressed for time to shove another magazine in until there's another lull in the firing. You slide one up inside and shoot them all at the girl again, with a repeated failure to do anything.

This is getting nowhere. It's literally like trying to shoot a cyberdemon down with the peashooter, only instead of three rockets she's firing out hundreds or thousands of fireballs.

[ ] Use the rocket launcher.
[ ] Continue with the peashooter.
>> No. 17270
[X] Use the rocket launcher.

Update this quicker.
>> No. 17273
[x] Use the rocket launcher.

What he said.
>> No. 17275
>It's literally like trying to shoot a cyberdemon down with the peashooter, only instead of three rockets she's firing out hundreds or thousands of fireballs.

[x] Use the rocket launcher.
[x] Shoot at it until it dies.
>> No. 17638
You decide to use the rocket launcher, and shoot at her until she dies.
Unluckily, you don't have that many rockets. You shoot all of them. Which means you shoot none. You only had one rocket in the chamber.
Well shit. It'd be too distracting to try and switch back to the pistol at this very moment. And you were planning to hit her right in the face. Teach her a lesson about threatening to bite people.

Dodging and weaving though the danmaku, the pattern gets burnt into your head well enough that you find yourself actually able to move forward. Shortly, you find yourself within a distance that you're certain you wouldn't miss if you shot her with the pistol.
But there's the problem of actually switching to said pistol.

[ ] Switch to the pistol.
[ ] Just dodge.
[ ] This rocket launcher can be used as a blunt weapon.
>> No. 17653
[x] toss the rocket launcher at her face to temporary block her view, and switch to your pistol, then go as close to her as possible and unload your rounds into her
>> No. 17655
[x] Toss the rocket launcher at her face to temporary block her view, and switch to your pistol, then go as close to her as possible and unload your rounds into he

Alternatively
[x] Fuck this shit. Wake up and enjoy the bundle of cuteness that started snuggling you while you slept.
>> No. 17671
>>17638
[X] Manifest danmaku rockets
[X] Shoot them towards enemy
[X] ???
[X] Profit.
>> No. 17672
[x] toss the rocket launcher at her face to temporary block her view, and switch to your pistol, then go as close to her as possible and unload your rounds into her
>> No. 17681
[X] toss the rocket launcher at her face to temporary block her view, and switch to your pistol, then go as close to her as possible and unload your rounds into her
>> No. 17682
[x] toss the rocket launcher at her face to temporary block her view, and switch to your pistol, then go as close to her as possible and unload your rounds into her
>> No. 17685
You decide to toss the rocket launcher at her face to temporarily block her view. Your plan is to switch back to your pistol, get as close as possible, and unload the whole clip into her. Preferably her face.

So you attempt the first part of this plan, and throw the rocket launcher as hard as you can in her direction.

She swiftly moves out of the way, rendering your attempt to hit her with a rocketlauncher like that useless.

You're out one of your original options now.

[ ] Switch to the pistol.
[ ] Just dodge.
>> No. 17687
[X] Switch to the pistol.

clip clip clip clip clip clip clip clip clip clip clip
>> No. 17690
[x] Switch to the pistol.
>> No. 17741
[x] Switch to the pistol.

pop
>> No. 17766
You attempt to switch to the pistol.

In the process, you get distracted. In the distraction, you get fried.

BAD END.

[ ] Back 1 choice.
[ ] Bakc 2 choices.
>> No. 17771
[Y] Just dodge.
>> No. 17772
[x] Fuck this shit. Wake up and enjoy the bundle of cuteness that started snuggling you while you slept.
>> No. 17798
>>17766
Wut.

Thats... rather arbitrary isn't it?
>> No. 17799
[x] Fuck this shit. Wake up and enjoy the bundle of cuteness that started snuggling you while you slept.
>> No. 17819
>>17798
I got lazy, didn't feel like properly justifying it.

If I weren't lazy, there'd have been more than two lines to that update.
>> No. 17824
[x] Fuck this shit. Wake up and enjoy the bundle of cuteness that started snuggling you while you slept.
>> No. 17828
The feeling of arms wrapping around you tightly causes you to wake up.
This would feel good if it weren't for the fact that it feels like she's trying to crush you to death.

"Wriggle, hey. That's a bit too tight."

No response.

You open your eyes and allow them to adjust to the light before looking at her. She's fast asleep, and most likely doesn't even realize what she's doing.

Her knowing about it or not, it feels nice.

.>input
>> No. 17829
[X] Feel up her antennae
>> No. 17836
[x] Embrace her as well
>> No. 17862
[x] Embrace her as well
>> No. 17875
[x] Embrace her as well
[x] Hold her almost as tight as she is holding you.
[x] morning wood.
>> No. 17881
[x] Embrace her as well
>> No. 18185
You decide to embrace her back.
Wrapping your arms around her, you squeeze her tightly. Almost as tightly as she is squeezing you.
And suddenly, she wakes up.

"...Huh? What? Why..." Her face burns red.

You've got only a second or two to react in case she decides to crush your balls or something.

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 18186
[x] "Wriggle, why are you in my bed?"
>> No. 18193
[x] Pet the anttena.
>> No. 18200
[X] Pet the antennae.

Oh yes
>> No. 18202
You've got to prevent her from doing something. Like damaging a sensitive spot.

...You can distrupt her by touching a sensitive spot of hers, right?

Letting go with one hand, you reach up and grab one of her antennae in your hand.
The result is a yelp of pain and a swift knee to the balls, just like you were trying to prevent.

"What the hell are you doing!?" she sounds pissed.

[ ] Appologize.
[ ] Grab her antennae again.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 18204
[x] Act confused.
>> No. 18205
[X] Act confused.

Why does she always hurt us? We were just trying to be nice.
>> No. 18210
[x] Act confused.
>> No. 18211
[x] Act confused.
>> No. 18221
Why does she always hurt you? You were just trying to be nice. This makes no sense.
"W-why are you acting like this, Wriggle? I was just trying to be nice, like friends should be."
"You tried wrong! That hurt like a motherfucker, you motherfucker!" Yeah, she's pissed.
"But I didn't know it would hurt."
"That doesn't fucking matter! Why the hell am I in your room, anyway? All I remember is drinking a lot and then I wake up to you feeling up my antennae!"

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 18223
[x] "You don't remember? Errrr.... you really want to know?"
>> No. 18224
[X] Kiss her

The appropriate thing to do.
>> No. 18231
[X] "You are a lot nicer when you're sleeping."
>> No. 18238
[x] "I was heading back from dealing with everything that happened when I saw you passed out drunk. After seeing you like that, I couldn't help but carry you to a bed. At that point, you just looked so cute that I couldn't help myself but jump into bed with you and fall asleep with you."
[x] Assure her that nothing happened. When you woke up, she was snuggling you so you snuggled back and got carried away.
[x] Mention it'd have been the best night's sleep you ever had if it wasn't for the whole dream sequence you had.
[x] Give her a kiss.
>> No. 18286
[x] "You are a lot nicer when you're sleeping."
>> No. 18304
[x] "I was heading back from dealing with everything that happened when I saw you passed out drunk. After seeing you like that, I couldn't help but carry you to a bed. At that point, you just looked so cute that I couldn't help myself but jump into bed and fall asleep with you."
[x] Assure her that nothing happened. When you woke up, she was snuggling you so you snuggled back and got carried away.
[x] Mention it'd have been the best night's sleep you ever had if it wasn't for the whole dream sequence you had.
[x] Give her a kiss.
>> No. 18380
[x] "I was heading back from dealing with everything that happened when I saw you passed out drunk. After seeing you like that, I couldn't help but carry you to a bed. At that point, you just looked so cute that I couldn't help myself but jump into bed and fall asleep with you."
[x] Assure her that nothing happened. When you woke up, she was snuggling you so you snuggled back and got carried away.
[x] Mention it'd have been the best night's sleep you ever had if it wasn't for the whole dream sequence you had.
[x] Give her a kiss.
>> No. 18734
"I was heading back from dealing with everything that happened when I saw you passed out drunk. After seeing you like that, I couldn't help but carry you to bed." She nods as if accepting what you're saying. "But at that point, you just looked so cute that I couldn't help but jump into be-"
"Goddamnit." She stands up, obviously not too happy, and leaves the room. "I'll let you sit here and think about how stupid that idea was." She storms out of the room.
Well you were going to assure her that nothing happened, but it looks like you can't do that now. And you were looking forward to giving her a kiss, too.

Well, you're awake now. Just sitting here staring at a wall is unnecessarily boring, so...

[ ] Go back to sleep.
[ ] Wake up, go do something. (write-in.)
>> No. 18738
[x] Go see what Mystia is doing.
>> No. 18739
[X] Go see what Mystia is doing.
>> No. 18761
[x] Go see what Mystia is doing.
>> No. 18824
[x] Go see what Mystia is doing.
>> No. 18872
Well, that was a horrible opportunity to miss. But for now, you only want to go eat something. And of course, you want that something to be prepared by the best cook here, Mystia.

After stumbling your way through the hallways, you find yourself at the entrance to the kitchen. It sounds as if food is actively being prepared. It smells delicious.

[ ] Enter.
[ ] Find the dining room and wait.
>> No. 18886
[x] Enter.

Next time we encounter Wriggle, we need to put her in her place for misunderstanding our intentions.
>> No. 18902
[X] Enter.
>> No. 18974
Sitting on her makeshift chair in the middle of her forest, where she decided to place her base so it's less visibile than the open field where her house is, Yumou sips on some tea brewed from tea heated by a portable water heater. It's not good tea, and the water heater didn't quite get the water hot enough to fully steep the leaves anyway. A rather mediocre cup.

It's over this mediocre cup that she decides to finally put an end to the whole problem.

That man who she's been seeking has been carrying on him the tool she'd need to fulfill her plan. She decides that she hasn't been forceful enough in obtaining it, or she'd have it already in her grasp and Gensokyo would be under her control.

She's been spending too much time trying to use straightforward tactics to obtain her goal. Using the fairies has proven useless, even against a human. He's proven too difficult to keep hold of and surprisingly gifted with almost super-human abilities that have helped him escape capture and even fend off whole groups of fairies on his own. Undoubtedly due to the effects of this object.

As she sits, nursing her cup of tea, she decides to act.

---

Floating in the middle of the sky, mostly carefree, Yuuka waits for the signal. She's been floating there for at least an hour now, ready to launch the attack.

Finally, she sees it. A singular flare, indicating that one of Yumou's artillery guns is about to fire on the vast landscape of the huge expanse of Hakugyokurou. It will be immediately followed by the thunder of the rest of the artillery, shelling the grounds.

But this is but a distraction. They're expecting something like this. A sudden attack from behind by someone who didn't appear to have a side is where the real battle will happen.

But that, too, is just a distraction. While Yuuka prepares to exchange danmaku with whoever didn't rush outside to find out what was going on, Yumou will sneak in and collect her precious item which she so much requires. After this Yuuka will disappear, not particularly gaining anything from the resulting conflict.

Well, that's the plan. Now just to wait for the artillery guns to start...

---

John Stalvarn, a space marine who was recently courtmarshaled and sent to Mars for his sentence, stands waiting in the dark, empty room. Occasionally, the darkness is interrupted in when the odd breeze blows the wires just right that they contact for just a moment, lighting up a bright flourescent light, or just an off electrical arc.
There's demons here. There has to be. That's the only possible explanation. Of course, he'd predicted it years ago. "Nothing good can come from expiramenting on such things," he spoke to himself, after accidentally stumbling on a file left behind in a ship locker where he had been loaded to travel back towards Earth. He even tried to warn higher authorities, but the problem of finding someone who would'nt fuck him over and at the same time would act on it was difficult. There was his commanding officer, Colonel Joson, but he passed it off as a prank left by someone to scare whoever got the next locker. Guess it worked.
Well, at least it was John who found it. Finding a more die-hard marine would be more difficult. Never one to take nonesense, the reason for his courtmarshal was the fact that he punched his commanding officer, the very same one he tried to warn of the problematic expiraments on Phobos and Deimos, in the face for a really stupid order to gun down unarmed civilians. That was last week. It's been fourteen years by now, though, since he first signed up in the service. Fourteen years of intense combat training and actual experience.
As a child, he used to stare in wonder at the images he'd see on television or on the internet of space shuttle launches. He'd told his father one time, but his father insisted that such technology is the devil's work. He believed his father, for a short while. Soon after, though, that belief ended. Replaced with a more logical one.

But as he stands there, in the dark room with flickering lights, he knows that his father was right. At least half right.

There are no radios with which to recieve orders from commanding officers. Hell, there's probably none left. And there's definitely no miracle gun with which he can blow his way out of the problem.

All there is for John right now is his pistol. His pistol and his training, and his instinct to push forward.

---

You push the door open, eager to see what's going on inside the kitchen. Perhaps help Mystia out a bit, perhaps just get a small snack to tide yourself as she finishes the rest of the feast.

Inside, you find her dutifully working on cooking breakfast; pancakes, bacon, ham, and toast. There's something missing, but... No, you don't want to think about that. That's horrible.

Regardless, Mystia hasn't noticed you yet.

Something suddenly feels off.

.>input
>> No. 18975
[x] Give her a firm pat on the ass.
[x] Ask her where the eggs are.
>> No. 18990
[X] "My spidey sense is tingling"
[X] Grab Mystia and DODGE DODGE DODGE
>> No. 18991
[X] "My spidey sense is tingling"
[X] Grab Mystia and DODGE DODGE DODGE
>> No. 18999
"My spidy sense is tingling." Well, that's the closest thing to what you're feeling.
"AH? Ah. Spider sense?" She poses as a question. But you haven't got time to answer.
grabbing her tightly, in what might be mistaken for an embrace if you weren't now running at top speed, you make your way...
...Where?

.>input
>> No. 19001
[x] Try to find Yuyuko or Youmu to see if they sense anything odd too
>> No. 19002
[x] Try to find Yuyuko or Youmu to see if they sense anything odd too
>> No. 19003
[X] Try to find Yuyuko or Youmu to see if they sense anything odd too

I don't really want to vote this but I can't think of anything else.

Blowing up the gardens in Hakugyokuro? Sounds like someone wants to die.
>> No. 19009
Of course, to Yuyuko or Youmu, whichever you find first. See if they sense anything odd either.

Almost immediately you encounter the latter, who is nonchalantly walking through the halls as if she isn't sensing anything odd.

"Hey, Youmu. Have you sensed anything odd?"
"No." She continues on.
Well, that was unsuccessful.

After a bit more running, you encounter Yuyuko.

"Oh? have you brought me an offering~?" She asks, grabbing for Mystia.
"Uh, no. I was just worried about something. Have you sensed anything odd?"
"Well, not really."

Well, neither of them sense anythi-

"Yuyuko-sama, the kitchen is on fire." Youmu informs her mistress before heading in the direction of said ki-
wait
FUUUUUUUCK.

.>input
>> No. 19012
[X] Find Wriggle, you know something is wrong.

Fuck the kitchen
>> No. 19013
Is Onric still with us?

If so,

[x] Look for Wriggle and Onric, bad shit is about to go down and you don't want to be around.
>> No. 19014
You decide to go look for Wriggle and Onric.
The first place you check, the living room, seems to have been the perfect place to look; everyone from your group, other than Mystia and yourself, seem to have grouped there.

"Alright, so-"

You're cut off by the sound of explosions from cannons going off.
Fuuuuuuuck.

.>input
>> No. 19016
[X] Stay inside, they are just trying to draw you out.
>> No. 19018
[X] Stay inside, they are just trying to draw you out.
>> No. 19020
Inventory:

Spellcard box. Handy for protecting spellcards from theft.
-Spellcard: Affection Sign 'Perfect Ruffle ~ Upgrade'. One mana cost for upgrade effects.
-Spellcard: Forbidden Sign 'Blaze of Life'. Pre-charged. Two medium sparks.

Hunting knife. A normal hunting knife. The blade is about 7" long.
Anti-aircraft gun (5). Can shoot down aircraft. Massive recoil.
Silver Colt M1911 (7). You got this from Remilia. It has a magic circle on it in gold.
Shiny red marble. It appears to be made of ruby. You have no idea where it came from.
Zippo. It's red. The lighter fluid in it has been recently filled.
Note. Apparantly from Yukari. Usually it is blank save the heart in the middle.
Keys. There used to be more, but now the ring only has the key to your spellcard box.
Wallet ($170). Contains money and various cards of various uses.
Magic battery. You can't do much with it though, since you can barely use magic.

---

Right, they're just trying to draw you out. You've got to stay inside for now.

"Alright. We're just going to stay right here. They're trying to get us outside."
"Are you fucking nuts? Even IF they're trying to get us outside, it's better than being stuck in a room like this! At least if we leave we can escape and dodge whatever the hell they shoot at us!" Wriggle doesn't like your plan it seems. "I don't give a fuck what you say, I'm leaving. And I'm taking Mystia with me." She forces Mystia out of your arms, which makes you feel stupid for not having let her go yet. In any case, they go through the door and HOLY SHIT MASSIVE BEAM OF ENERGY SMASHING INTO THEM.

"Ugh." She stands up. "The hell was-"

A girl dressed in a red plaid dress with green hair and remarkably red eyes slams her into the ground with enough force that you're sure if Wriggle weren't a youkai, her bones would be broken. hell, they may still be.

Anther identical beam comes from behind, only narrowly missing you. It hits everyone else, though. In the process, Onric vanishes with a *pop*.

Another girl, identical to the one holding Wriggle down, bursts through the second hole and starts spraying danmaku everywhere, leaving everyone but you incapable of escaping. You'd be able to burst past Wriggle and the girl wrestling her down.

You also have the possibility of freeing her first.

[ ] Try to leave.
[ ] Try to help Wriggle. (specify method.)
[ ] Try to help everyone else. (specify method.)
>> No. 19021
[X] Try to help Wriggle. (Shoot Yuka with the Silver Colt)
>> No. 19022
[x] Try to help Wriggle. (specify method.)
-[x] Use the colt on the back of her head to get her attention followed by the anti-air gun once she gets off Wriggle. The recoil will be far less than what that woman could ever do to you if she caught you.
>> No. 19029
>>19022

The last time we blew a hole in the side of a mansion with the anti-aircraft gun we BAD ENDED. Yumou is also coming for us, so we shouldn't risk hurting ourselves too badly before then.
>> No. 19055
The silver Colt finds its self in your grip quickly. Raising it and aiming it, you squeeze the trigger, causing the gun to fire.
It hesitates a tiny bit in a way that firearms don't generally hesitate. In the meantime, the magic circle lights up with a blue light, and a glow comes from the barrel. When it finally fires, a burst of energy travels with the bullet, passing straight through the attacking girl like a lightsaber through butter.

She, needless to say, doesn't get up.

"What the fuck are you doing!?" Wriggle complains as you grab hold of her, not willing to let her out of your sight at this point. "You could have fucking hit me too! What the fuck!"

Ignoring her, you begin rushing down the hallways as quickly as you can, hoping to find a place where you can hide, or at least arm yourself with something.

You slam right into a girl who appeared in front of you in a flash of green, knocking her to the ground, you tumbling with her.

"Oh, that was easy." you hear her say as you attempt to stand up. Midway up, another flash of green, and you fall what feels like a good three meters onto what feels like solid concrete. You can't see a damn thing, except the girl floating above you with Wriggle's throat firmly grasped in her arm. Wriggle struggles, but it's futile. With a loud snap, you hear her kneck breaking in Yumou's hand, her body instantly becoming limp and being tossed away like a piece of garbage into a trash heap.

"Now that the nuisance has been taken care of, I can worry about you instead." She slowly begins descending to the ground.

This is it, you're fucked.

[ ] Use the Colt.

[ ] Use the anti-aircraft gun.

[ ] Spellcard: Forbidden Sign 'Blaze of Life'.

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 19057
[X] Spellcard: Forbidden Sign 'Blaze of Life'.
>> No. 19058
>>19055

[x] Use red marble
>> No. 19059
>>19058

That mother fucker will get your fingers bit off.
>> No. 19066
You know what? Screw the vote. I'd rather do it a rather different way.

What I'll do is, I'll write all the possible ends from this point. It'll take a few posts. I'll do it later, too; this doesn't seem any popular at all anymore.

Instead, I'll start on a project I've been tumbling through my head for a while. It's going to be something fairly easy to initially start, so I'll start it tonight. It'll be the most properly planned thing I've done so far, as it won't be TAiG at all. Something entirely new, something I haven't tried before; not in any way trying to be the original or any of its reincarnations. It's going to be its self, and as such it will be quite different from how TAiG and its variants are.

For now, TAiG can be considered both stalled and completed at once, until I actually get around to writing the ends, at which point it'll be just "completed."
>> No. 20632
Well, as of yesterday, TAiG is one year old.
I was planning on posting the ending yesterday, but Untitled, Nightmare, and proofreading for a scanlation group I'm involved in got in my way of writing it.
I decided that I didn't really want to write all possible ends, so I'll write the good end, which happens to be using the spellcard.
---

No, you're not fucked. You have that spellcard which she made.
...Using someone else's spellcard on them doesn't seem very smart, but it's the best you can think of. You can't be sure that the other options would even work, but at least this is flashy enough that you'd at least distract her long enough to switch to one of the other options.

Quickly as you can, your remove it from its case. Focusing all of the power from not only the card its self, but also the battery and your own energy, you force the spellcard to activate with much more power than originally intended.

And doing so pays off. She apparently didn't expect you to use the card. Perhaps she expected that you had used it already, or that you wouldn't have reached for it before something more powerful, like the AA gun. In any case, the massive wall of energy that slams into her sends her flying backwards, causin her to roll across the ground as she lands.

"...Ugh. That was unexpected."

She begins reaching for her pocket, apparently to pull something out, but you prevent that. Before she can get whatever it is she's fishing around in her pocket for, you have the Colt pointing straight at her face.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."
"Feh. You think I'm scared of a toy like that?"
She makes a quick movement.
You pull the trigger.

...

She wakes up in an unfamilliar bed. When she opens her eyes, she sees an unfamilliar room, though its styled in an unfamilliar way.

When she tries to sit up, a sudden, throbbing pain comes from her left arm. When she reflexively clenches a fist, even more pain erupts from what feels like a gaping hole in her arm.

That's odd. Usually something like a gunshot wound would heal before now.

She removes her shirt and begins unwrapping the bandage around her arm, fascinated that a simple outside world firearm managed to damage her in a way that her youkai body couldn't repair it.

Before it can get too unwrapped, the paper door to the room slides open. In walks a purple-haired girl with long rabbit ears, dressed in a manner rather peculiar for Gensokyo, but which would be rather normal on the outside world. If it weren't for her ears.

"Oh, you shouldn't do that. The wound will open up again and you'll bleed out all over the bed. And you'd be the one to clean it up afterwards.

"...Right."
The girl wraps her arm back up the best she can, which isn't really that good. She was never good at things that had to do with health, medication, or treatment of wounds. That's what her friend was good at.

"Well, I brought you a change of clothes. Put them on whenever you're ready. Eirin doesn't want to let you out until she's checked your wounds again."

"I see."

The rabbit girl bows before leaving the room. The girl is left alone, all by herself. That doesn't necessarily mean that no one is looking, but she doesn't have anything to hide anymore. Her plan obviously failed. Too bad.

"Haaah. Looks like I lost. I guess it was impossible for Gensokyo after all."

With this, she falls back asleep.

"Yumou, hey, Yumou."

A familliar voice wakes her back up.

"I know you're still alive, so there's no use playing dead."

Yumou slowly opens her eyes, still feeling tired.

"Come on, let's go home. Everyone's waiting there for you to apologize. There's also tea. Don't you want tea? It's delicious tea."

"Heh, the usual tea end, huh? Well, I lost, so I may as well admit defeat. Alright, let's go."

-

And with this, the incident draws to a close. However, unknown to everyone else, there was a more sinister plot ready to happen at any time.

Text Adventure in Gensokyo complete.
Try to extra stage! (but not right now)
>> No. 20634
Lacking
>> No. 20635
>>20634
Summarization of the whole story from start to finish.