[Return]
Archived Thread

File 122585724085.jpg - (151.37KB , 700x734 , Modern-Reisen.jpg ) [iqdb]
10969 No. 10969
“Eh?” Reisen looks at you curiously, “What, uh, what are we going to do?” she asks, her voice quiet. “I've never... 'hung out' before.”

You shrug, “Anything we want to do, I guess,” you say, “Maybe some window shopping. Aside from when we broke in on that Second day, I haven't been here in a long while so I'm kinda curious as to what sort of stuff is here now.” You pause and look up at the ceiling for a moment and specifically at the various brackets and mountings that, later, would hold Christmas decorations. “Besides... I have Christmas shopping to think about now,” looking at Reisen you grin, “If you have any ideas for something you want, now is the time to point 'em out.”

The purple haired girl steps back in surprise at that. “You... you'd buy a gift for me?” She asks, slightly stunned, “But we've barely known each other a week!”

“Feh. So what?” You reply, waving her objections aside. “You, Marisa, Reimu and... yeah, I guess Letty too, we've all fought together - right? If you can't call the person watching your back a friend, who can you call one?” Before she can reply you turn and start walking away, practically forcing her to move after you if she wants to continue talking.

“Do you really mean that?” She asks, her voice so small and pathetic that you can do nothing but stop dead in your tracks, spin to face her and clap both hands onto her shoulders.

“Don't you dare ask that.” you half-growl, “You saved my life that first day, more than once. And you and the others probably save my life after that drunkard zapped me and left me behind. If anyone has earned the right to call themselves my friend, then it's you - several times over.” You smile, “Okay?” The girl nods, her expression surprised and wide-eyed at the emotion in your voice. As you turn away to continue around the mall, you frown slightly... it seemed like Reisen apparently didn't have any friends of her own - which was weird, she seemed a nice enough person and surely she had friends on her shooting team and at her school, right?


The two of you spend the next hour wandering around the mall, looking in through windows and popping into some shows to try on the odd jacket or look at the things on display inside. You did, however, give both the furniture and the hardware stores a wide birth - the first due to the memories of the fight and the second because you still felt a bit guilty about stealing from there. Other places you saw during that Second Day, however, you're both quite happy to visit with the obvious exception of the security office. In fact, as you passed by the Occult store on the third floor you deliberately went inside to purchase a pack of tarot cards though, despite Reisen's confused look, you didn't quite feel up to explaining why.

You didn't know much about tarot but... 'Death', 'Tower', 'Devil' - you had vaguely recognized them as being tarot cards... though what they meant you had no idea. Fortunately the pack you bought came with a little booklet explaining some common interpretations that you planned to have a flick through when you next had some free time.


Eventually the window shopping wound to a close, leaving the two of you sitting just outside a little coffee shop, sipping on mugs of hot chocolate. “Hey,” you say at last, “Can you wait here for a few minutes? There's something I want to get quickly.” The purple haired girl sitting opposite you nods, and you smile as you stand up and move away.

You had, during your tour, seen a few things in a few windows which you wanted to buy Reisen as a gift - partially for saving your life and partially because... well... because you wanted to, she was your friend and you simply wanted to do something nice for her.

Unfortunately, you only had the money for one thing... and maybe something for yourself too... the rest you could probably leave to buy later as christmas presents, but for now you weren't going to think about that - just about what would be best to give her now.

[ ] Red-tinted Sunglasses
[ ] A wool hat with rabbit-ear pattern
[ ] A jacket with a large moon picture on it
[ ] A pendant in the shape and color of a carrot

>> No. 10972
[ ] A wool hat with rabbit-ear pattern

Silly hats~
>> No. 10978
[ ] A pendant in the shape and color of a carrot

Would end up stolen by Tei.

[X] A wool hat with rabbit-ear pattern

She has to wear it the first time we kiss.
>> No. 10987
File 122589588688.jpg - (247.39KB , 1280x1024 , 504871.jpg ) [iqdb]
10987
>>10969
[X] A wool hat with rabbit-ear pattern

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats!
>> No. 10989
[ ] A pendant in the shape and color of a carrot.

She can lose the hat during a fight on the Second Day. At least the pendant we know will stay with her. Plus, it doesn't occupy equipment slot.
>> No. 10990
>>10978
>Tei
ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 10992
File 122591180524.jpg - (42.69KB , 450x500 , tei003.jpg ) [iqdb]
10992
>>10989
>At least the pendant we know will stay with her.

Yep. That pendant is never going to leave her.
>> No. 10993
>>10990

Technically, that might be correct considering the timeline of this Cyoa. I highly doubt that anyone in modern Japan is going to be giving their kid a name including an archaic character that is no longer used in the written language.
>> No. 10994
[X] A wool hat with rabbit-ear pattern
>> No. 10996
>>10992

She can always get it back.
>> No. 10999
[x] Red-tinted Sunglasses

Because sunglasses.
>> No. 11000
>>10990

In this AU, Reisen's little sister isn't 1200 years old.
>> No. 11016
[ ] A wool hat with rabbit-ear pattern

A touhou has no power with out a hat, or funny headgear. Reisen has neither in this place. This must be immediately rectified. Plus, who knows, power ++ or something.
>> No. 11044
It doesn't take you long to find your gift, purchase it and make your way back to where Reisen sat with a now half-finished mug of hot chocolate.

“Eh?” She starts, looking at you and the obvious bag held behind your back. “You don't have to do this you know,” she adds, blushing faintly.

“Mmm... yes I do.” you reply, grinning at her discomfort. “Now, close your eyes and hold still a minute, okay?” As the girl complies you pull the bag back in front of you and rummage around in it before pulling out your gift. Looking at the girl sitting opposite you, you reach out and gently pat her hair down slightly - causing her to start in surprise and her blush to deepen slightly - then you carefully fit the wool hat you bought over her head before pulling it down to a snug fit. Admiring your handiwork for a moment you pull back and smile at the girl. “That's it,” you say, “you can look now if you want.”

The girl's eyes open slowly as she reaches up to pat at her head a few times. “A hat?” she asks, curious. “You bought me a hat?” You watch as she turns to see her reflection in the coffee-shop window and blinks a few times before tugging at the edge of her new hat.

“It looks cute on you,” you say, because it does. It's not much more than a simple woolen beanie with two large and slightly rumpled rabbits ears picked out in white on the front. When you look at it from certain angles it's almost as if the hat wasn't there and that the ears were growing straight out from Reisen's head... then you blink and that image is gone, replaced with a girl staring at the reflection of her new headgear in wonder.

“It's...” The girl pauses, then ducks her head slightly. “I like it,” she mumbles. “Th... Thankyou.”

You smile around a sip from your own, now distinctly cool, drink - then practically choke on it as the world dims to a cold, lightless state. “Thou who advances upon judgement at the end of the road of many choices, know now that thy worth in the eyes of this tower hath increased.” Then you're forced to cough and gasp as life returns, leaving you half-choking on hot chocolate.

“Ah!” Reisen practically leaps over the table as you cough, slapping her hand against your back with some force. “Are you alright!?” She demands, her face red and her eyes filled with worry.

“hah...” You suck in a deep breath of air and nod. “Jus'... went down the wrong way is all,” you lie, not entirely sure how the hell to explain what just happened. 'I'm sorry, time just stopped for me and I forgot to keep up when it restarted' didn't, as far as you could tell, seem like a good thing to be saying right now. “Maybe, ah, maybe we should call it a night?” You suggest, “Before I manage to kill myself with a marshmallow or something...” Reisen giggles slightly at your overly sarcastic words and, after a few moments, nods.

“Yes,” she murmurs, “I suppose I should get back while there's still light outside...” She looks distinctly downcast as she says that, but the look is quickly gone as she seemingly realizes you've noticed it. “Uhm... maybe...” She glances away, “Maybe we can, ah, 'hang out', again some time?”

You nod and pat her on the head before giving her a half-noogie, half-stroke through her new hat. “Of course!” you state with conviction. “Anytime!”


Before parting with Reisen you paused. “Unless anything unexpected happens,” You say to the girl, “I think during tomorrow's second day we'll...”


[ ] Meet up at your School
[ ] Meet up at Letty's
[ ] Meet up at Reisen's School

and

[ ] Explore in general,

Head to and explore a specific location:
[ ] The Stadium
[ ] The Park
[ ] The Hospital
[ ] The Cinema
[ ] The Mall
[ ] Other

[ ] Rest for the day


Tower - Reisen - Lvl 2
>> No. 11046
[X]Meet at Reisen's school
[X]Explore the hospital

/r/ naughty nurse Shadow
>> No. 11047
[x]Meet up at Reisen's School
[x]Explore the hospital

I never felt like~ mm~ mm~

btw, thanks to this CYOA i am now the proud owner of P3 (even though the voice acting sounds worse than a fucking dentists drill) good job AD!
>> No. 11048
>>11047

Aw, the voice acting wasn't too terrible, all things considered. What irritated me was leaving the Japanese name suffixes in. Was it really necessary?

Also, hope you grabbed P3:FES, if only for the huge degree of new content. Honestly, original edition P3 feels almost incomplete after playing FES.

[X]Meet at Reisen's school
[X]Explore the hospital
>> No. 11049
>>11044

[x]Meet up at Reisen's School
[x]Explore the hospital
[x]Check the MORGUE
>> No. 11051
>>11047
Lies and heresy. The Voice Acting is awesome, Fuuka aside.
>> No. 11055
[x] Meet up at Reisen's School
[x] The Hospital

Meet Eirin and maybe swipe some painkillers.
>> No. 11064
[x] Meet up at Letty's
[x] Make out with Reisen.

Why would you ever want to do anything else?
>> No. 11065
File 122607483066.jpg - (43.98KB , 365x365 , exclusive.jpg ) [iqdb]
11065
[X] Comedy "Shit Gets Rusty" Option
>> No. 11068
[x] Meet up at Letty's
[x] Make out with Reisen.

What? Can't do that now? Geez, if that's so, then...

[x] Meet up at Letty's
[x] Explore the Hospital.

Shit is gonna hit the fan. Shadow nurses are gonna be awesome.
>> No. 11074
>[ ] Meet up at Reisen's School
Wait, so is that just us and her, or are we going to get everyone else to meet us there? Second days aren't a goddamn date.

[x] Meet up at Letty's
[x] Explore the Hospital
>> No. 11076
“... We'll head to the hospital,” You say after a slight moment of thought, “I don't know what sort of things we'll find there, but if it's anything like out first trip to the mall... Well, I just want you to be prepared, okay?” The girl nods, her face serious, and you feel a sense of reassurance at how she takes the information. “We'll meet at Letty's home, it's a good staging area.”

Reisen frowns slightly and looks at you, “You've been overly trusting of her lately,” she states, “I thought you wouldn't trust her as far as you could throw her?”

“mmm...” You hum, then shrug. “I still don't,” you say, “not exactly anyway. I ran into a talk between her and Sakuya some while back, and she told me a few things that made me at least trust her motives - if not much else.” Reaching up you place your hands behind your head and look up into the night sky outside the mall. “There's stuff she's not telling us, but it seems true that there's a lot of things she doesn't know herself... and that there is someone else behind the scenes somewhere, though neither she or Sakuya know who they might be.”

“I'm... I'm not sure I like that.” Murmurs the purple-haired girl and, frankly, you agree with her.

“Not much we can do though,” is your reply, “They told me...” you pause, choosing your words carefully. “They told me what they were, lets say 'informed', about regarding the goals of the shadows.”

At that Reisen's head spins to lock her eyes with yours faster than you can blink. “They what?” She demands, “They know what those monsters are after?”

Shaking your head you sigh, “Not... exactly. It doesn't really matter to much at the moment anyway since the only way we know of they can accomplish it involved taking out anyone who experiences second days - and we pretty much had that impression already. Now we just have one more reason to make sure they don't get any of us - that's all.”

Nodding thoughtfully Reisen glances at the floor. “You're right,” she mumbles before looking up again, “I guess we all need to find out more before we can really understand what's happening, right?” You nod and your friend smiles - the two of you stay like that for a moment, silent and slightly embarrassed, before eventually Reisen bids you farewell and turns away into the darkening gray street.



The next day finds you nervous and, from the way Marisa and Reimu seem when you see them in school, you're not the only one who remembers the mall expedition. The morning itself seems to drag on and on with dull, repetitive lectures on several subjects you're not particularly interested in combined with the low level constant talking of Minoriko - as well as Shizuha's repeated muffled admonishments against talking in class.

“So anyway, you wouldn't believe the size of hi-” Minoriko's voice cuts out mid-word as the clocks strike eleven and the second day arrives. Well... most of the clocks anyway, the one at the head of the class, for example, was a full five minutes slow and showed it - from what you understood the Second Days began at a given time as determined by the stars and to some extent the earth in general, not when the mechanical timepieces known as clocks decided to show that time.

Standing up from your seat you stretch once and glance around. Nothing... different... so far. So this wasn't the Forest Second Day at least, nor could you see an obvious white screen blocking the window. It was dark outside, certainly but... Ignoring it for now you made your way down to the building entrance, running into Reimu on the floor below yours. Once there you fling open the doors and stop still at the brand new landscape outside, but you quickly overcome your surprise and push on outwards to where Marisa was waiting at the front gate. It's weird but you're starting to get the hang of simply ignoring the terrain of the Second Day to some extent, you're aware it's changed into some dark expanse apparently within a giant cavern of some kind, but this is merely an incidental fact to you right now. Far more important is getting to Letty's, where you will have much more time to examine your surroundings while everyone gets ready.


You had less time than you had expected actually as, somehow, Letty and Reisen had made it back from Reisen's school far faster than you had expected them to. Either they had cheated with a traesto gem - unlikely given how they were rather uncommon - or Reisen had somehow been already on her way to Letty's when the Second Day hit. Actually, it wasn't like you knew her school timetable at all, so that second one was entirely possible for her to have managed. Either way you made yourself some time to have a brief look around this new environment from the windows and garden of Letty's home. It was, as far as you could tell, one giant cavern of some kind... though you knew from the trip here that it was more like several large caverns, as your group had been forced to make their way through a few buildings and smaller cave-like areas in order to bypass a giant cavern wall that had blocked this chunk of city off from the chunk your school was in. Light came down from a mixture of large, glowing, crystals and from various holes and cracks in the great ceiling above. Well, it also helped that the lights in a good number of buildings seemed to be working despite all reasoning stating they shouldn't be. Hell, you had even asked Letty about this and she had responded by simply reaching up and unscrewing a glowing light-bulb from it's fitting - letting you and Reisen both gasp in surprise at the fact that it continued to glow with a heat-less light even when she held it in her hands for you both to examine.


After having declared your intent to explore the hospital the trip there had been... Well, the same-old thing really. There didn't seem to be any particular dangers to this Second Day, though you all heard the explosions of bursting geysers of some kind in the distance none of you actually saw any such thing, nor did the occasional procession of skull-faced comical 'ghosts' do anything but simply pass you by. Although, that said, the look of horror on Marisa's face every time any showed up was simply quite priceless. Soon enough your group reached the Hospital and breathed a collective sigh of relief that, unlike the mall, this place was not ringed with a horde of shadows - though you could clearly see groups of them entering the building from various entrances in a steady, if staggered, stream.

“That's weird,” Marisa comments, “I don't see any coming out anywhere... so either the place is filled to the top, or they're all going somewhere once inside.” Reimu and Letty both nod, while Reisen seems to be counting under her breath.

“fourteen... fifteen... ” She nods, “We have plenty of time to get inside,” she states, “Each group is entering a new entrance about fifteen seconds apart. With five entrances, that's just over a minute to get inside without being spotted - if we're careful.”

“Not too bad then,” you mutter, “Now we just have to pick a likely looking way in...”


[ ] Main Entrance (Outpatients / Minor inccidents)
[ ] Rear entrance (Warehouse / Medical research)
[ ] Ambulance bay entrance (Accident + Emergency)
[ ] East wing entrance (General Wards / Operating theaters)
[ ] West wing entrance (Mental wards / Rehabilitation)
>> No. 11077
[X] Rear entrance (Warehouse / Medical research)

Perhaps we can find some medicine there.
>> No. 11078
[X] Rear entrance (Warehouse / Medical research)

I'm really dreading going to the west wing.
>> No. 11079
[x] Rear entrance (Warehouse / Medical research)

Get Marisa some tranquilizers in the event she freaks from being surrounded by g-g-g-ghosts.
>> No. 11080
[X] Rear entrance (Warehouse / Medical research)
[X] Don't forget to take the morfine and other medicines, you might want something to endure the fights.
>> No. 11081
[X]East Wing
[X]STEAL FUCKING EVERYTHING!

Seriously. Everything. Not just the stuff you can use yourselves. Grab all the drugs with a street price. Rip the copper out of the MRI. Go on such a kleptomaniacal rampage your earlier pyro moments seem tame.
>> No. 11085
>“So anyway, you wouldn't believe the size of hi-” Minoriko's voice cuts out mid-word as the clocks strike eleven and the second day arrives.
His dxxk?
>> No. 11087
>>11085

Well, she's normally a harvest goddess, and she may as well be a fertility goddess with her ability to manipulate abundant harvests. We all know what fertility goddess means: ravenous sexual appetite.

So, I mean, I guess it wouldn't be too far off in this alternate universe if she were rather sexually charged.
>> No. 11090
[x] Rear entrance (Warehouse / Medical research)

>>11085
Why would she be concerned about the size of his deck?
>> No. 11098
>>11090
No, clearly she was referring to the impressive size of the wharf he rents at the marina.
>> No. 11100
“... the back way seems best for now,” you finish, “There's room to fight if we get caught and, really, I don't want to fight where we might cause damage that could leave people in serious trouble when the Second Day ends.” At that Marisa and Letty both gives you a firm nod, while the other two girls shoot you a look of horror as they had evidently not realized this very real risk you would be taking in this place. “Let's go.”

“You're smarter than I thought,” Marisa murmurs to you as your group work their way to the rear of the hospital building, “I didn't expect you to realize the dangers so quickly.” She frowns slightly to herself, “Maybe having you as a leader isn't quite as bad an idea as I had thought.” As the girl turns away you almost trip over your feet as the world, as has happened many times before, grows dark and stops dead.

Thou who advances towards resolution at the end of the path of discovery, know now that this figure of Temperance is favorable to thee.” It's a new voice, weak and soft - just as Marisa's persona had appeared when you had last seen her in fact.

And then you're forced to catch yourself, with a muttered curse, as the world comes back to life. “Eh?” Reimu squeaks in surprise, “Are you alright?”

“I'm fine,” you state, silently cursing the.... whatever the hell it is that happens when the voices speak. You were certain it had something to do with other people's persona, and that it was your interactions that triggered them but exactly what it was you did to make them happen you didn't know, since you had talked to everyone several times without causing anything like that to happen every time...

“Well, if you say so.” Reimu murmurs, “Look, we're almost there. You going to keep count of the time for us Reisen?” At the brunette's question your best friend nods in agreement. “Okay then... I guess we go in a little after we see some shadows next go through the back door?” You nod, and everyone vaguely starts to get ready to make a run for it.


“Three... two... one... Run for it!” Reisen's voice rises to a yell at the end of her countdown and the five of you rise from your waiting place and make a mad, almost terrified, run to the blue-painted door that was your way into the hospital. Once inside the lot of you practically throw yourselves over or around various boxes and crates in order to be out of sight before, almost inevitably, the next group of shadows makes their way through the doorway, pass through the warehouse - pausing now and then, an action which makes you all hold your collective breath - before eventually exiting into the hospital proper through a set of swinging double-doors.

“I think,” Letty gets out in between pants of exertion, “I think we made it.”

“So,” Marisa adds from... wherever she's hiding, you can't quite tell from your own position wedged in between two crates - especially since Reimu is there also, pressing up against you from where she all but sits in your lap in a more-than-a-little embarrassing position. “What's the plan now genius?”

[ ] Plan of action


Temperance - Marisa - 1
>> No. 11101
>“That's weird,” Marisa comments, “I don't see any coming out anywhere... so either the place is filled to the top, or they're all going somewhere once inside.” Reimu and Letty both nod, while Reisen seems to be counting under her breath.

[x] Stick together and sweep the building in the general direction the shadows are moving.
[x] Avoid fights and try to stick to melee in sensitive areas to reduce collateral damage.
[x] Looting should be limited to pharmaceuticals and medical supplies.
>> No. 11102
>>[ ] Molest Reimu

Or better not.

[x] Stick together and sweep the building in the general direction the shadows are moving.
[x] Avoid fights and try to stick to melee in sensitive areas to reduce collateral damage.
[x] Looting should be limited to pharmaceuticals and medical supplies.

Sounds good to me.
>> No. 11103
>>11100
[X] Stick together and sweep the building in the general direction the shadows are moving.
[X] Avoid fights and try to stick to melee in sensitive areas to reduce collateral damage.
[X] Looting should be limited to pharmaceuticals and medical supplies.

Sounds good; wonder what the group will think of pilfering stinpacks hospital supplies.
>> No. 11104
[x] Stick together and sweep the building in the general direction the shadows are moving.
[x] Avoid fights and try to stick to melee in sensitive areas to reduce collateral damage.
[x] Looting should be limited to pharmaceuticals and medical supplies. And condoms.
[X] If money is found, take it.
>> No. 11111
[x] Look for gold mobs and rare chests
[x] fight red mobs for exp
>> No. 11112
[x] Stick together and sweep the building in the general direction the shadows are moving.
[x] Avoid fights and try to stick to melee in sensitive areas to reduce collateral damage.
[x] Looting should be limited to pharmaceuticals and medical supplies.

I was thinking in terms of Firefly on that last one, originally, but beefing up the amount and variety of our medical supplies is a dandy fine idea too.

Plus nobody but maybe Sakuya would likely have contacts to sell this stuff, and she can go play with a runaway wheat thresher.
>> No. 11113
That last part would for a normal person go without saying, but we have to remember that Yukari was excited about saving the world because she feels it gives her carte blanch to commit whatever crimes she wishes in its pursuit.
>> No. 11122
>>11113
Speaking of Yukari, when the fuck are we gonna go see her again? I'm assuming since a door hasn't shown up, we're gonna have to use that key of hers on a door or something to open it. Might be a good idea to stop by her again, sooner or later.
>> No. 11135
“Wait until the next group come through,” you hiss, mindful of Reimu shifting about against you as you try to come up with a decent plan of action. “Then get closer to the doors - when we're all there we'll try following 'em.”

“And if they spot us?” Reimu asks, frowning at you.

“There should be enough side rooms and stuff to duck into, I think as long as we take our time and be careful we can probably find out where they're going without needing to fight off every shadow we see.” You're about to continue when a hiss from Reisen makes you, and everyone else, shut up and hold your breath as a fresh group of shadows enters through the back doors and makes their way through the warehouse. The moment they're out of sight everyone moves in a mad scramble, leaping over crates and ducking under shelving before finding new hiding spots significantly closer to the door. “When we're in,” you gasp from your new position hidden under what seemed to be a pile of fresh linen, “I want Letty to be ready to blast any strays we come across.”

“Hm? Why me, if I may be so bold as to ask?” Letty murmurs from... inches... away from your ear. She, it seems, had also targeted the linen pile as a hiding place and was now just next to you under the mass of cloth.

“You're strong,” you reply, shrugging slightly, “I figure out of all of us you would have the easiest time taking any shadow out in one shot - if we're sneaking around we need to be able to take out any other shadows we stumble on out before they can call for help or alert the others in the hospital.”

“I can do groups too you know,” Letty whispers, causing you to turn and look at her smirking face. “Ma-class spells take out whole areas, though I wouldn't ask me to try doing that more than a few times - they really take a lot ou-” She cut off mid word as another warning hiss from Reisen made everyone hunker down in silence again. There was silence for several moments as, very carefully, you watched three purple balls of fluff float past only a few feet from your hiding place. Seconds later your group was speeding out behind them, through the doors and then quickly through another set of doors off to one side and into a lab.

As the lot of you wait for the next group of shadows to pass by, so that you could safely tail them, both yourself and Marisa get the idea to have a quick look around. It's an idea that pays off as the two of you discover a box packed full of little vials of aqua colored liquid the side of which was stamped with the familiar WM markings of the cities most prolific manufacturing, and evidently pharmaceutical, company. Although it doesn't mean much to you a squeal from Marisa indicates that it's something impressive. “What is it?” you ask as the girl pulls one of the vials out and holds it up to the light.

“All purpose medicine,” she breathes in awe, “I heard they were developing and trialling it... but I didn't think they'd got to an actual approved stage yet... these must be brand new...”

“but what are they?” Reisen pipes up, drawn to the conversation.

“Cutting edge medical science,” Marisa explains, “a truly all-purpose medicine. Sick? Injured? Wounded? This stuff is supposed to help accelerate the bodies own healing process in order to deal with all of them... it's probably not as good as Reimu's Dia, but I bet it's pretty close. Looks like one vial per use to me,”

“Great.” you state, reaching into the box and grabbing a handful. “The way things are we need all the help we can get.”

“you're stealing them” Reisen asks, frowning slightly at you in disapproval.

“If it keeps us alive later on, then yeah, I'm stealing them.” You shrug and drop a few into your pockets and a bunch into your satchel. “I'm not taking anything we won't need.”

“Hey,” Letty calls out from where she's peeking out a little window set into he lab door. “Here come the next group!” Immediately everyone ducks down and goes quiet... until the group pass the door and then everyone is out into the hallways and following the three red fuzzies at a slight distance. Occasionally you had to duck into another room, wait until a new group showed up, then follow them for a while instead. Eventually however you came to a junction where, much to your annoyance the shadows split into three - one heading towards a stairwell leading down to, according to signs, the hospital's Morgue. The second turned right towards the mental illness wards, while the third carried straight ahead towards Accident and Emergency.

[ ] To the Mental ward
[ ] To Accident and Emergency
[ ] To the Morgue
[ ] Split up
>> No. 11136
[x] To the Morgue
>> No. 11137
[ ] To Accident and Emergency

The morgue just screams undead and the mental ward would be a den of horrors.
>> No. 11138
[x] To the Mental ward
[x] If you get any guff, ask them to hypothesize where they might have ended up if they never had anyone around to tell them what a "Second Day" is.

Somebody locked up in padded cell, convinced that they are insane. And there may be other Persona-users bed-bound in general wards. We should sweep the building once we destroy the source of the shadow infestation.
>> No. 11139
[x] To the Mental ward
[x] If you get any guff, ask them to hypothesize where they might have ended up if they never had anyone around to tell them what a "Second Day" is.

This makes sense.
>> No. 11143
File 122646075577.png - (58.14KB , 1280x1024 , F O E.png ) [iqdb]
11143
>There was silence for several moments as, very carefully, you watched three purple balls of fluff float past only a few feet from your hiding place.
>the three red fuzzies

Even in your Second Days, F O E !
>> No. 11145
[x] To the Morgue

Eh, why not?
>> No. 11147
[x] To the Mental ward
[x] If you get any guff, ask them to hypothesize where they might have ended up if they never had anyone around to tell them what a "Second Day" is.
>> No. 11151
>>11145
This was already answered.

I can just see it now. We're going to end up with a Persona user who hasn't actually gotten their Persona yet, and just sits in the cell, wondering why they only get meals on every other day instead of daily.
>> No. 11152
[x] To the Mental ward
[x] If you get any guff, ask them to hypothesize where they might have ended up if they never had anyone around to tell them what a "Second Day" is.
>> No. 11155
[x] To the Mental ward
[x] If you get any guff, ask them to hypothesize where they might have ended up if they never had anyone around to tell them what a "Second Day" is.

Crazies. Woo.
>> No. 11156
Without saying anything you lead the party to the right, following the fuzzy that's heading off to the mental ward. Your reasoning in this was twofold - first there was no way in hell you were going down into a place full of corpses, and second you were pretty sure that if anything went wrong then Accident and Emergency was probably the worst place for it to go wrong in. The mental ward, by comparison, seemed a safer bet - as long as you didn't knock over any beds in any of the fighting you were fairly sure everything would be okay when the Second Day ended.

Following the fuzzy went pretty much the same as when you had followed three of them, only now when you ducked into a side room for cover there was often a chance of a shadow or two already waiting there, in their decidedly less 'cute' state - which in this case seemed to be that of faceless and often multi-limbed doctors and nurses, all with eyes, mouths or whichever other organs the fuzzies transformed into mounted in their abdomen. To Letty's persona, however, they were little more than the equivalent of speed bumps facing an eighteen-wheel juggernaught - most of them were obliterated before they had a chance to even realize the girls had entered the room. For what is perhaps the first time you realize how strong Letty actually is when compared to yourself, during the fight with the shadow bed you had been too distracted by trying to take it down. Now, however, you had a chance to actually observe her at work and the difference in power was... well, you were pretty sure it would take at least two of you to down just one of these medical shadows, while Letty was able to shred several in one shot with her Mabufula spell.

Not that this seemed to stop Marisa firing off her own spells in those few times she managed to react before Letty did. Her personality, you were really noticing, seemed to be one of giving her all in everything she did... or maybe she was just a touch power crazed? Either way she seemed intent on trying to match up to, or even surpass, Letty's one-shot kills with her own spells.

So far she hadn't succeeded.


Small incidents aside the trailing was going well... until you reached the mental ward main lobby.

“Oh... this is just disgusting!” Even Letty seemed more than a little taken aback by the sight there, while the other girls were significantly more affected - Reisen and Marisa were even actively hiding behind you.

The walls, floor, and even the ceiling were spattered with the black goo that shadows were made from. Great trails of ooze circled the room, as if a shadow had been ground against them into a paste - various items of furniture also had black marks on them, as if they had been used to smash or impale shadows. Whatever the source of this massacre, it didn't seem to be something a human could pull off alone and seemingly had intended to kill the shadows in the most brutal ways possible.

Ahead of you are a corridor and set of stairs, while to one side is a large solid workbench that blocks off one corner of the room and seems to act as a desk for whatever administrators run this ward. Next to that is a corridor which, you're pretty sure, leads towards the outside entrance to the ward - where shadows had been entering from the outside. Lastly is a set of doors marked as leading to a set of bathrooms opposite the lobby desk.


[ ] Plan of Action

Party combat ability:
Approx: 98%

(this is a rough indicator of your parties overall status. Just trying this out with this mission to see if it's worth keeping or not.)
>> No. 11157
[x] Someone else is here- look for footprints or evidence leading to where they went.

>The walls, floor, and even the ceiling were spattered with the black goo that shadows were made from. Great trails of ooze circled the room, as if a shadow had been ground against them into a paste - various items of furniture also had black marks on them, as if they had been used to smash or impale shadows. Whatever the source of this massacre, it didn't seem to be something a human could pull off alone and seemingly had intended to kill the shadows in the most brutal ways possible.
>> No. 11158
[x] Someone else is here- look for footprints or evidence leading to where they went.
[x] Give the desk a quick check
([x] If we can't track the person/thing down then go up the stairs)
>> No. 11161
[x] Someone else is here; you're going to suspend trailing the shadows to see if they're in the immediate vicinity (this ward).
[x] Check the desk and look for footprints or any other signs that might tell you who they are or where they went; whoever did this may have left a path of destruction in their wake for you to follow.
[x] If there isn't anything, then proceed to canvass the entire ward, starting with the bathrooms; make sure they aren't hiding themselves in a locked stall.
[x] Continue to annihilate the shadows you come across, but don't be afraid to draw attention to yourselves; if they're at all friendly, they'll be attracted to the sound of human voices.
[x] Stay no more than one room apart from each other and use the buddy system to make sure no one is left in a room alone at any time (Marisa and Reimu, you and Reisen, Letty is probably fine by herself).

Switching from stealth mode to rescue mode. Given this display, it's unlikely that you're going to find many powerful shadows in this area, or if there are, they obviously aren't attracted by noise. Our shadow-slayer here may be the reason why shadows continue to flood when there isn't enough space for them all. We shouldn't assume they are unfriendly, but we want to stay close together just in case they are.

Bathrooms are first because they're the natural place for someone to wait out a Second Day, especially if they've already exhausted themselves.

>Party combat ability:
>Approx: 98%

Letty's MP pool is huge.
>> No. 11162
>>11158

BACK TO WORK
>> No. 11167
[x] Someone else is here; you're going to suspend trailing the shadows to see if they're in the immediate vicinity (this ward).
[x] Someone else is here; maybe they're a patient. Check on the desk here and/or the nurse's station for a roster of current patients.
[x] Skim through (or have someone else skim through) the ward's patient list for symptoms matching what someone experiencing Second Days would have: Hallucinations of monsters, claiming to have an imaginary friend/voice, a history of mysteriously being able to get out of their room or ending up in weird places, suddenly gaining injuries with no abuse witnessed, etc. Somebody this vicious is worth knowing more about before you find them.
[x] Check the desk and look for footprints or any other signs that might tell you who they are or where they went; whoever did this may have left a path of destruction in their wake for you to follow.
[x] If there isn't anything, then proceed to canvass the entire ward, starting with the bathrooms; make sure they aren't hiding themselves in a locked stall.
[x] Continue to annihilate the shadows you come across, but don't be afraid to draw attention to yourselves; if they're at all friendly, they'll be attracted to the sound of human voices.
[x] Stay no more than one room apart from each other and use the buddy system to make sure no one is left in a room alone at any time (Marisa and Reimu, you and Reisen, Letty is probably fine by herself).

Adding two more steps to >>11161 for intel-gathering.
>> No. 11168
>>11161 here; amending vote:

[x] Someone else is here; maybe they're a patient. Check on the desk here and/or the nurse's station for a roster of current patients.
[x] Skim through (or have someone else skim through) the ward's patient list for symptoms matching what someone experiencing Second Days would have: Hallucinations of monsters, claiming to have an imaginary friend/voice, a history of mysteriously being able to get out of their room or ending up in weird places, suddenly gaining injuries with no abuse witnessed, etc. Somebody this vicious is worth knowing more about before you find them.

Additionally:
[x] Look for anything identifying the patients diagnosed with Apathy Syndrome.

Files on a computer won't be accessible, but by law in many countries there must be a paper trail for medical records. If we have the names, then we should be able to find their paper records when we locate where the room they're actually stored.

Going through all of them to see what's actually relevant is a task that can be left for a normal day. Given the apparent pervasiveness of the illness, there is probably too much to actually take with us and read in one day.
>> No. 11184
>>11167 here.

Add:
[x] Look for anything identifying the patients diagnosed with Apathy Syndrome.

...onto my vote.

Fuck. Completely forgot all about that.
>> No. 11192
“Well,” you say, taking in the scene of carnage, “I think it's pretty clear we're not alone, huh?” Stepping behind the heavy desk, and being sure to step around the bigger pools of black ooze on the way, you have a quick ruffle around in some of the paperwork stored there. You were only slightly embarrassed by the way that Reisen and Marisa seemed to do their best to stay close by as you moved. “Oh hey,” you call out to the two remaining women, “You two should probably get back here too - before the next shadows show up. I'm guessing they keep coming her because they want to get to something on the other side, only they keep getting destroyed.”

“They're sort of stupid then, aren't they?” Reimu asks, ducking down beside you as you rifle through another pile of paperwork. “What are you looking for anyway?” she asks, curious.

“Nothing important,” you respond, “Just... ah!” you grin in triumph as you pull out a clipboard covered in notes.

“What is it?” whispers Reisen as she peers over your shoulder and scans the notes. “... a list of patients?”

“Yeah, if there are any notes on any of them 'hallucinating' and 'seeing monsters' then it could be them that's experiencing the Second Days.” You shrug, “Even then, at this time most of the people here are probably either patients or staff - and if it's patients I'd rather have some idea who they are before we meet them. Especially if...” You gesture to the mess in the room, “... especially if they're capable of something like this.” You frown, “Speaking of which...”

“Something is coming,” Letty confirms, already guessing where your thought was leading. “Three, from the other entrance. I assume you think we should watch what happens?” You nod, “I agree, if we have to meet the person responsible, I would rather do it after seeing what they're capable of.”

“The bathroom?” You ask, nodding towards the door to the toilets. It was big, seemed relatively sturdy, and had a glass window to look out through into the main lobby. Behind it would be a couple of doors to separate male and female toilet rooms which you all could hide in if anyone actually saw you through the main door. Both Letty and Reimu nod in agreement and head over, with Reisen and Marisa skittering along behind as you follow up and slip through the door just as Letty closes it - moments before three white fuzzies float in.

The fuzzies seem to stop just before the lobby and, for a moment, you get the vague notion that they may be just as shocked by the massacre as your little group was - possibly even more as it was their own kind that had been used to redecorate the room. Quickly, though, you shake your head - as far as anyone could tell the basic shadows were relatively mindless, instinct-driven creatures. Maybe there was some force guiding them but... empathizing with the cannon-fodder style shadows was asking for trouble, you really, really didn't need to start feeling guilty about killing them after all - not when your own survival seemed to depend on making sure they died before you did.

Thinking or not it was obvious that the fuzzies were at least able to sense the danger of the room as they transformed immediately into their shadow forms - two faceless nurses and one bizarre combination of what seemed to be a person and an operating table from which spouted several limbs all ending in various nasty-looking pieces of surgical equipment. All three were finalized by a vast crocodile-like mouth that was the main body of the fuzzie - on the nurses this protruded from their abdomens, while on the horror-table it was mounted on a swinging lamp arm mounted on the 'head' of the unit.

They were dead in seconds.

Upon moving towards the center of the room the first, one of the nurses, suddenly seemed to trip forwards as if something had caught it's legs. This was more true than you thought as it's entire body was then hoisted into the air by one leg, held by some kind of invisible hand, and then swung in an arc to smash into the floor with a mighty crunch. From there it was like watching a shocking game of pinball as the shadow was bounced off of walls, furniture and both floor and ceiling until it eventually expired in a shadow of goo from the blunt trauma of it's ordeal. The other two shadows were in no position to assist as, within moments of the first attack, the operating table shadow had been pierced several times by standing lamps and a coatrack. It wobbled slightly but roared it's defiance - before keeling over as a filing cabinet smashed into it from behind and knocked it to what passed for it's knees. There was a sickening tearing sound as the various impaling objects were ripped out, only to hover over the stricken shadow for a moment before impaling it again - this time clean through it's core, if it's sudden dissolving into ooze was any indication.

The third staggered back from the liquid corpses of it's companions, though not by choice as something had struck it hard enough to knock it off it's feet where it was then caught - seemingly by a hand on each limb - and... you winced as the limbs slowly started to be stretched out...

“Bufula.” You jump in surprise at Letty's whispered attack, and realize that she's pushed the door open just enough to fire out at the shadow, who moments later explodes in a cloud of ice particles.

“Letty?” You ask, giving her a sidelong look.

“I'm sorry,” she whispered back, “I just couldn't... I know they're the enemy, and I know they're mindless... but that was just too brutal... At least I let it die quickly.”


[ ] Response to Letty:

and:

[ ] Check out upstairs rooms first
[ ] Retreat from Ward
[ ] Check out downstairs rooms first
>> No. 11193
Maybe i should use more images?

Also, before i get complaints that i didn't cover everything - goddamit people, it's the writefag meant to make walls, not the voters. Geez.

Anyway, votes from the vote wall not covered here will be continual depending on the next few choices.
>> No. 11198
>“I'm sorry,” she whispered back, “I just couldn't... I know they're the enemy, and I know they're mindless... but that was just too brutal... At least I let it die quickly.”

[x] Whisper angrily, "I didn't enjoy watching it either Letty, but I'd gladly sit through it a hundred times before doing something that might lead to me having to watch it happen to you."
[x] Check out downstairs rooms first

tsun tsun

The downstairs should be smaller, so we'll try there first.
>> No. 11199
>>11193
>Maybe i should use more images?

Yes. Especially if it's Persona-related or FOE descriptive.
>> No. 11216
[x] Whisper angrily, "I didn't enjoy watching it either Letty, but I'd gladly sit through it a hundred times before doing something that might lead to me having to watch it happen to you."
[x] Check out downstairs rooms first

Which trump is Letty again? We need to go for the harem end and unlock Wriggle Zero tap that dere-aire.
>> No. 11222
If Letty is the responsible for the 'dorm', does that mesn she will be the one summoning Nyx?
>> No. 11223
>>11222
>Which trump is Letty again?

I don't think we know yet. Given the clear parallels to Mitsuru, it could be Empress, but in all honesty The Fool and Nine of Wands are so much more befitting of Cirno.
>> No. 11227
File 122680857597.jpg - (116.83KB , 900x900 , 2074293.jpg ) [iqdb]
11227
>>11192
[X] Whisper angrily, "I didn't enjoy watching it either Letty, but I'd gladly sit through it a hundred times before doing something that might lead to me having to watch it happen to you."
[X] Check out downstairs rooms first

Letty's reaction will be priceless.
>> No. 11234
[X] Whisper angrily, "I didn't enjoy watching it either Letty, but I'd gladly sit through it a hundred times before doing something that might lead to me having to watch it happen to you."
[X] Check out downstairs rooms first
>> No. 11242
>>11223

Wrong post dude.
>> No. 11243
[x] Whisper angrily, "I didn't enjoy watching it either Letty, but I'd gladly sit through it a hundred times before doing something that might lead to me having to watch it happen to you."
[x] Check out downstairs rooms first

Anyone else think this rage of telekinetic destruction sounds awful... poltergeist-y (albeit a really violent, deadly, murderous one)? I mean, what with the invisible hands moving objects around with great force?

In before the patient is schizophrenic and each personality has a Prismriver for a Persona. Because that would be awesome.
>> No. 11247
>>11243
Oh god do not want to run into a Merupo Persona.
>> No. 11248
>>11243

Crazy Layla?

Sounds awesome.
>> No. 11254
"I didn't enjoy watching it either,” you hiss, an odd mixture of terror and anger filling your body. Terror at what could have happened if whatever had killed the shadow had come after your group and anger at Letty for potentially exposing you all to that danger. “But I'd gladly sit through and watch it a hundred times before doing something that might lead to me having to watch it happen to you."

Letty, at least, has the good grace to look away at your scathing tone. While Marisa, obviously rising to her defense, crosses her arms and glares at you. “Don't talk to Letty like that!” she demands, only to be waved off by the older woman.

“No... she's right,” she mumbles, “I should not have acted - not if it meant risking our own safety... but...” she looks up at you, her eyes reddening, “I just couldn't not act!”

You sigh, that was the problem with too many people you thought - they were either too caring or weren't caring enough. Letty, it seemed, edged slightly more towards the former, where her caring nature would eventually be the cause of her downfall. Well, not while you were around at least - being caring wasn't a bad thing in and of itself, but your duty was to the protection of your friends and if that meant hardening your heart? Then so be it.

“I know,” you say after a moment, “That's why all I can do is ask you to try and hold back next time, all of you, I'd rather see them die than any of you but... if you can act, without compromising your own safety, then go for it - I guess.”

Letty looks at you and smiles slightly. “Thankyou,” she murmurs, “I'll keep that advice in mind.”


This time, when the world ceases to move, you almost - but not quite - are ready for it. You're standing stable, you're not mid-speech or mid-action... this time when it starts again you won't look stupid.

Thou who guides along the path of many routes, know now that this symbol of the star is favorable to thee.

The world re-

Wait.

The world hasn't resumed, you're still trapped in the dim blue light of this frozen moment.

“What the hell?” You ask, not understanding what's going on and understandably getting a little nervous.

Who?” The question pounds through your skull, “Who?” It's asking, but you're not sure what it's asking, or why... though you have the vague idea it wants your identity.

“Yukari!” you yell, “Takeba Yukari!”

Yukari. Takeba Yukari.” the voice mimics, “Explain.

“Explain what?” You ask, only now realizing that you can make out shapes in the gloom - three vaguely humanoid shapes, all of them inside the main lobby area. “Who are you?” You yell, “What do you want?”

The voice is silent for several moments. “Afraid. Lost.” It states, “Takeba Yukari. Explain Takeba Yukari?” Weirdly you're certain that the voice isn't from any of the shapes, even though they seem to be reacting to it as if they could hear it too... Seemingly it wants you to explain yourself, though what it wants you to explain about yourself you have no idea...


[ ] Reaction? Anything will do.


Continuing choices:
[x] Check out lower wards
[x] check patient lists for RO
>> No. 11256
[X] Ignore, keep looking around.
>> No. 11259
[ ] I am me, that is to say that I am I. The I who is me is currently explaining the me that is myself to the you who is not me. Now, the you who is not me, explain to, the me who is not you, the you who is not me is afraid of. Explain to the me who is not you, where the you who is not me are lost from. Please.

then

[ ] Focus on the forms and see if you can make them stand out more while you make the long winded speech.

or

[ ] See if you can contact any of the others. Put those social links to use.
>> No. 11260
[x] Realize that the phantom voice must belong to whoever has been shredding the Shadows.
[x] Offer to help. And by help, either join forces with her, or simply get her to a place where she doesn't have to constantly defend herself from Shadows.
>> No. 11261
>>11248
...Okay, FOUR personalities.
>> No. 11262
>[X] Ignore, keep looking around.

I don't think the world has resumed.

[x] "Yukari Takeba. Reclaimer. Gatherer. Not lost: Found."

Let them know in their own language that they are lost no longer.
>> No. 11263
File 122690141836.jpg - (251.90KB , 800x904 , 803746.jpg ) [iqdb]
11263
>>11254
[x] "Yukari Takeba. Reclaimer. Gatherer. Not lost; found."

Minor change, but this makes sense. It is who we are, what roles we fulfil, and what we will/plan to accomplish...

Past, present, and future.

Great write-in. Reimu just because...
>> No. 11264
[x] "Yukari Takeba. Reclaimer. Gatherer. Not lost; found."
>> No. 11266
[x] "Yukari Takeba. Reclaimer. Gatherer. Not lost: Found."
>> No. 11267
>>11261
Oh, my bad.
>only now realizing that you can make out shapes in the gloom - three vaguely humanoid shapes, all of them inside the main lobby area
sup Prismrivers?
>> No. 11268
>>11267
Or maybe Layla's ghost has the three of them...?

Hell, Kaguya had two, after all.

Fuck, I'm lost, but damn, I'm on edge.
>> No. 11271
"Yukari Takeba!” you declare, “Reclaimer!” You were out to reclaim your garden, and everything that went with it, after all. “Gatherer!” Didn't you find Reisen? Weren't you out to find others with Persona who needed or could help? “Not lost;” you add finally, an odd feeling welling up inside, you never seemed to feel lost in these messed up environments... as if you belonged here. “found."

Takeba. Yukari. Reclaimer. Gatherer. Found.” The voice intones in your head, and you get a sudden fleeting impression that it's not one voice but three - one for each of the figures in the gloom - all speaking in perfect sync. “Gatherer. Lost. Find. Find!” The voices seem to split slightly, enough that you can hear the slight differences - though they are still head-splittingly powerful. “Voices. Ignored! Gatherer. Find! Voices. Hear!

“Find?” You ask, “Find you? Where?” The three dark shapes seem to react to your question by approaching - and you're struck by a sudden feeling of forboding as the voices split apart further.

Dead.” Speaks one, clearly identifiable as being one voice despite the other two mimicing it. “Cut.” states another, “Hurt.” responds the third. “Lost!” they all wail together, causing you to clutch at your head due to the sheer volume of their voices inside it. Then they go silent, “Hurry.” they add, barely a whisper as the world starts to speed up.

And you catch sight of the first shape rushing towards the door as the world resumes...


“Duck!” you yell, some instinct making you throw yourself on Letty and tackle her to one side of the little room as something smashes through the door the two of you were standing against sending wood and glass flying. Behind you the other girls push their way left and right respectively, ducking into the male and female bathroom stalls to avoid the shrapnel. Your back suddenly feels cold as something brushes against it, chilling you practically down to the bone, as you pick yourself up and scan around you. “Everyone!” you command, “Run for cov-” a force smashes into your gut, launching you clear off the floor and sending you flying into the lobby. Horrified the girls run out after you, though you wave them back as you feel another force grab you by one arm and hoist you into the air - your shoulder screaming at the strain being put in it and threatening to dislocate.

“Yukari!” Reisen wails, her persona out in full glory - to no avail as she can't actually see anything to target. The others, too, are in combat mode as the strongest in the group, Letty, makes a run for you - only to be blocked as a lamp crashes down like a spear inches in front of her. Moments later the lamp is blasted away by a gust of wind from Marisa's persona, who suddenly dissipates as a chair flung across the room smashes into her side. You grunt as a gentle feeling soothes your hurting arm, realizing that Reimu is using her Dia to keep you in one piece even as you're suddenly flung into the nearby stairwell - had it not been for the fact you were being healed at the time, you suspected you probably would have broken something on impact.

It still hurt like hell though, and as you looked up at the Lobby you could see the others looking at you in horror as...

Wait. Where was the next attack? Surely one of the three things, because you were sure it was them, was going to finish the job now that you were down, right?

No... looking now you could see there were several floating objects in the room now, three lamps, two coatracks and a chair... that made six, right? Three figures, six hands. Now... why the hell did the three seem to have lost interest in you now? And why were they so interested in the others trying to cross.... oh. Oh!

“Get back!” you yell, “Back into the hall! They can't move far out the lobby!” At least you hoped they couldn't, as if you were wrong then things were going to get really, really bad real soon. As the girls retreat, obviously against their will, you grin in triumph as the floating objects clatter to the floor and better yet nothing seemingly tries to crush you to paste.

Now, with you separated from the others... what the hell were you all going to do? Well, with no shadows being allowed entry you were fairly sure you could move around on this side of the lobby without any trouble - unless there were any more 'poltergeists' of course. The girls on the other side, however, had no way of joining you via the lobby... which meant they either had to find an alternate way in or find some way to get rid of the three ghosts somehow.


[ ] Orders to the others
>> No. 11272
Okay, just a lil' address. I've had a few questions on WTF i'm doing here, so i figured i'd enlighten you all a little on the contentious points.

1) Over-riding choices.
I don't plan to do this, but sometimes i have to because i know there's a set event that will happen if you go somewhere or do something. These are planned well in advance, so it's not just me trying to screw you over - heh. So, you won't get bad-ended as a direct result of me over-riding choices for that reason.

2) write-ins.
When i'm doing a free choice write in, which i do often, i do it because i'm looking for things which simple choices can't do alone - such a tone and severity. Or more complex instructions which may affect characters relations with you in some way. I could use choices, and indeed i usually parse responses into one of three-four mental choices, but these on their own would come off as very prescribed and quite dry.
Besides, it's fun to see how you all think Yukari will act sometimes.

3) social links / relationships
mmm... Differing from P3 somewhat here in that relationships and social links are tracked seperately. In this case i'm using a social link as a gauge of how well you know that person - it doesn't matter if they like you or hate you, it's all about understanding others.

Current social links:
Reimu: Death: 2
Marisa: Temperance: 1
Reisen: Tower: 2
Letty: Star: 1
Kaguya: Devil: 1

That should clear some things up i hope.
>> No. 11273
[X] Split up.
[X] "We need to find someone, or something. I can't explain how I know this, but I think there is someone hurt somewhere in the hospital."
>> No. 11275
[X] Split up.
[X] "I think there is someone hurt somewhere in the hospital. The poltergeists are guarding her. Find somewhere close and wait for me, I'm going to try to find her."
>> No. 11277
[ ] Tell Reimu to try and come through, tell your allies to cover her like they did for you, or destroy anything that the poltergiests could grab before Reimu tries to come through.
[ ] Try and communicate with the phantasm again, let them know that Reimu's coming to help you and whoever else is back there.

If someone's hurt, why not take the dia person along? The rest of the group would have the medicine you palmed earlier. Also, if leaving them with out a healer doesn't sit well with anon, replace Reimu with Reisen. This way, even though you're separated, you'll have someone to cover your back. Wouldn't try to get more than one more person across though.
>> No. 11283
[x] >>11277 . All of it.
>> No. 11293
>>11277

It's clear her sickness isn't physical if she's in the mental ward. More importantly:

>Horrified the girls run out after you, though you wave them back as you feel another force grab you by one arm and hoist you into the air - your shoulder screaming at the strain being put in it and threatening to dislocate.

They don't need to pick up any objects to hurt one of your party members really badly. The poltergeists separated you on purpose, and I don't think you should do anything to further antagonize them.

[x] Split up.
[x] "I think there is someone hurt somewhere in this ward and the poltergeists are guarding her. Find somewhere close and wait for me, I'm going to try to find her."

There shouldn't be any shadows since the poltergeists have been destroying them as they enter.
>> No. 11294
[X] Split up.
[X] "I think there is someone hurt somewhere in the hospital. The poltergeists are guarding her. Find somewhere close and wait for me, I'm going to try to find her."
>> No. 11300
[X] Split up.
[X] "I think there is someone hurt somewhere in the hospital. The poltergeists are guarding her. Find somewhere close and wait for me, I'm going to try to find her."

I really don't think its a good idea to risk one of the others getting past the poltergeists. Besides, we'll be fine on our own. Right?....Right?
>> No. 11301
>>11300
You just keep telling yourself that. Maybe you'll believe it eventually.
>> No. 11307
File 122713674993.jpg - (491.20KB , 900x640 , Fuck-yeah-Alice.jpg ) [iqdb]
11307
Ignoring the still lingering pain that fills one side of your body - the side you had landed on moments ago - you manage to pull yourself to your feet, somewhat unsteady but able to retreat several steps up the staircase and away from the lobby.

“We're splitting up!” you yell before wincing at the messages of agony your ribs seem to be sending to your brain. “I think... I think someone's hurt back here!”

“What!?” comes a responding yell from Marisa, “Why!?”

You almost yell back the truth, but you resist doing so on the basis that it was probably best not to tell them something that you didn't understand yourself and, more importantly, would make you look crazy. Well, more crazy - you were pretty certain that the fact that you accepted the whole Second Day phenomenon so easily probably meant you were already crazy to some extent. “I... It's just a hunch!” You yell instead, “Doesn't it look like whatever is in here is protecting something? I'm going to try to find them!”

There's silence on the other side for several long moments, most likely the girls discussing the situation between themselves. “Be careful!” Reisen calls out at last, “We'll wait in one of the offices here!”

Nodding to yourself you grab onto the nearby handrail and half walk, half haul yourself up the stairs. If you had risked going back into the lobby you probably could have slipped into the hallway that led to the ground floor wards - but frankly you were finding it painful enough to walk normally and you weren't exactly willing to risk attracting the ire of the invisible creatures while in a state in which you couldn't run away. Amusingly, and much to your slight joy, the hospital has handrails everywhere which were intended for patients of varying levels of disability. Thankfully, though, as you leave the stairwell on the first floor and begin moving from wardroom to wardroom, your body starts to stop it's constant protesting over it's earlier abuse and you're eventually able to walk without assistance. As you go you check each ward against the clipboard you nabbed from the lobby, mentally checking groups of names off as you go - not that you expected much, as many of these patients were noted as being in comas.

Soon the list of names listed as being on this floor shrinks to but a handful, and your search brings you to the last few rooms, located near a second set of stairs that lead back to the ground floor.

girl.” You freeze. That wasn't a human voice - nor was it the voice of a persona either. Pressing yourself up against a wall to guard your back you look around quickly - then jump back as a black figure appears down the end of the corridor, between you and the last few rooms to check on this floor. “weak.” Though you don't see any physical movement, you're sure that the voice is coming from the figure ahead of you. Although it's hard to make out anything specific, it looks vaguely like a girl in a shapeless dress carrying something cradled in one arm... before you can move to get a better look however, the figure seems to waver and vanish - leaving no evidence of it's presence behind even when you stalk over to where it had stood to look around.

A light cough catches your attention and you freeze once more, turning slowly to face the direction it came from. With your ears already straining to hear thanks to the sudden rush of adrenaline from the meeting with the - well, you were fairly certain it was a shadow of some kind - figure, you are easily able to pick up the light rustling of fabric, as if someone were shifting about in a bed.

It looked like you had found your injured person and a quick look at your clipboard revealed a likely name: Alice Margatroid. A girl who had recently woken from a ten-year coma with little to no memory or personality of her own remaining in her head. Quietly you step forward and push the wardroom door open. The girl, wearing a hospital-issue blue gown and with her blond hair cut short, makes no motion to acknowledge your presence, instead her attention seems entirely focused on a doll that sits in her lap as she gently holds it's hands and moves them up and down as if she were playing with a child.

[ ] Action
>> No. 11309
[X]Sit near her
[X]"Hello. Are you feeling ok?"
[X] "Is that doll yours? It's pretty. Can I see it?"
[X] "I know you may be injured, tired, or whatever, but we really need to get the fuck out of here."
>> No. 11311
Ha, figures that Alice would be the crazy one.
>> No. 11312
>>11309

You want to piss off a potentially crazy patient by trying to touch her doll? Maybe you should be the one laying there.
>> No. 11313
I think it goes without saying that we'll be mentioning Alice to Marisa sometime in the near future.

If we want to do something interesting with Alice's memory, I think maybe singing a lullaby (songs apparently have a really weird thing in brains, sometimes a patient that can't talk normally might be able to sing, I think) or bake something (smell can have some pretty powerful effects on memory). Mind, you'd have to know exactly what to do. (Although if Marisa did know Alice when they were little, this could actually be possible.) That being said, I don't see us actually doing either, knowledge or character-wise -- although I think Letty might do a lullaby.

Since Alice would have only been a small child before her coma, she probably is pretty childish. Thus, in addition to :

[x]Sit near her
[x]"Hello. Are you feeling ok?"
[x] "Is that doll yours? It's pretty. Can I see it?"
[x] "I know you may be injured, tired, or whatever, but we really need to get the fuck out of here."

I'll also stick in :

[x] Think a bit. "Um, what I meant to say was that, would you like to come with me and play outside? We'll have lots of friends there."
>> No. 11314
>Since Alice would have only been a small child before her coma, she probably is pretty childish

If this is the case, then let me rephrase my last statement: >>11312

You wish to piss off a child by taking her dolly, thus causing her to scream(could happen anyway if she were crazy) and alerting any possible shadows in the area(or other unknown invisible spirits) and give yourself a handicap trying to protect her and yourself? Or it might be possible she has her own persona which she cannot control, and kills the fuck out of you.
>> No. 11318
Or maybe Alice is more compitent than you're giving her credit. Sometimes crazy people are the only sane people around.

[ ] Hello. Are you Alice?
[ ] Find a chair, pull it up next to the bed, but don't sit down.
[ ] Is it ok if I sit down here?
[ ] Wait for her response.
>> No. 11324
[ ] Hello. Are you Alice?
[ ] Find a chair, pull it up next to the bed, but don't sit down.
[ ] Is it ok if I sit down here?
[ ] Wait for her response.
>> No. 11325
[x] Sit near her.
[x] Say her name and see if she responds.
[x] If not, introduce yourself as if she understands.
[x] Ask her what her doll's name is.
>> No. 11327
>>11312>>11314

What? We're not trying to take the doll from her, we're ASKING for it. If she doesn't want us to touch it, then nothing bad happens, but if she say yes, then nothing bad happens.
>> No. 11328
[x] Sit near her
[X] "Hello. WHat's your name? Are you ok?"
[x] "Is that doll yours? It's pretty. Does it have a name? Can I see it?"
[x] "I know you may be injured, tired, or whatever, but we really need to get out of here. I have friends around here but we got separated, and it's dangerous to be alone in this place today. So, come, let's go"

Votes combinan games.
>> No. 11329
>>11327

Generic anime/movie faggotry(or even real life, for that matter) would say that just mentioning it once isn't enough. You ask, she starts to scream. You protest, she screams louder. You try to calm her down, more screaming, then suddenly someone(here, it would be something) comes through the door and is all like "FGKHFGKHSD". It is here you are screwed.
>> No. 11331
File 122719846497.jpg - (503.76KB , 863x1193 , prismrivertrio.jpg ) [iqdb]
11331
>>11329
Wich is true, given that we've already met the large, unhappy, invisible, six armed thing which is likely to tear us apart. Kudos.
>> No. 11342
“Hello?” you ask, breaking the relative silence of the room. “Are you... Alice?” Stepping into the room you approach the bed the girl is sitting on you note a chair near to the bed - but rather than sit down you stay standing near to it. “Do you mind if I sit here?”

The girl pauses in playing with her doll and silently turns her head to look at you will a dull stare for several moments before looking down at the chair, then back at you and nodding once. Taking that as a 'yes' you sit down as the girl resumes playing with her doll, this time turning it around to braid it's hair. It's a little weird looking at her like this, since she's acting like a little child yet she seems to be perhaps a year or so older than you, though still younger than - say - Sakuya or Meiling.

“So,” you begin, “I'm Yukari, and you're Alice, right?” The girl pauses in her actions, looks at you and nods again. This time however she doesn't immediately turn back to her doll, instead she just looks at you curiously, cocking her head to one side slightly in question. You're not entirely certain, but you think she wants to know what you're doing here... though why she doesn't just ask makes you wonder if she can't speak or something.

“Well, uh,” You start off, not sure how to answer, “... Do you know what's going on outside?” you ask eventually, receiving a nod in reply. “Eh? You know about Second Days and stuff?” Another nod. “How the heck do you know about-” You pause as the girl turns away and, after a moment urns back and presents you with a slip of paper. Looking it over quickly you recognize it as a ward against evil spirits - the kind of thing shrines tended to hand out to people. “This? This is how you knew?”

The girl nods, then shakes her head and then nods once more.

“Uh... you'll have to give me a second here,” you mutter. The girl just stares at you, quietly as you puzzle out what she means. Then you slap yourself in the head with one hand, to the evident confusion of Alice, it was so stupidly obvious when you thought about it. “The person who gave you this told you about it all, right?” Alice nods her agreement and you blink, wasn't this now proof that there was yet another party out there in the Second Days? Given that Reimu knew nothing about the people in the hospital then this charm didn't seem likely to have come from her shrine... though it wouldn't hurt to ask as, if nothing else she may be able to tell where it did come from.

“So...” You sigh, “Look this is gonna be sort of personal but, can you talk at all? Things would be faster if you can.” The blonde looks at you, then sighs visibly. You get the vague idea that she's perhaps looking down on you a bit now, “Hey, I know you're not talking now.” you say hotly, “I mean can you talk ever?”

Alice starts to nod, then shrugs and shakes her head before looking up at a nearby stopped clock. The message is clear, now that you're getting used to her communication at least - though it does help that she's moved up from simple nodding and shaking of her head. “So you will be, but you don't know when huh?” Alice nods and beams at you for understanding her. “Well... can you walk at all?” you ask next, getting another happy nod. “Great! We have to get out of he- What?” You pause as the girl shakes her head violently and waves her paper charm at you.

“You don't want to leave here?” Frowning you think for a moment, “You said you knew what was out there... so the only reason you'd want to stay is if you knew it was safer for you in here.” The girl nods, then points at the corners of the ceiling where, as you look close, you can just make out some paper charms carefully hidden.

No... It couldn't be, that was just too silly right?

“They... They keep the shadows out?” You ask, remembering that in the Second Day 'silly' did not necessarily mean 'impossible'. The girl nods, then clutches her own charm to her chest along with her doll. Curious you stand up and move over to the door and reach out... then stop as a very slight tingle makes it's way up your fingers. It's so soft that you wouldn't notice it if you weren't looking for something unusual - which is how you must have missed it when you came into the room. “It blocks the doors?” You whisper, noting the nod of reply you get. “Wait...” Turning you regard the girl critically. “You've seen shadows out here before? On the other side of the door?” The girl nods and you curse, much to her shock.

If these charms were the things protecting the girl, then the three invisible monsters back in the lobby were not. They were there for some other reason, a reason you couldn't figure out without...

Help.” The voice is soft, weak, and only when you hear it do you realize that the world around you has turned that cold blue it changes to when time seems to stop. Looking around you can't spot any source of the voice - though your eyes do seem drawn to a second doll, lying forlornly on a table the other side of Alice. Unlike the first, which looked like any normal doll, this one seemed meaner somehow and had a large loop of rope encircling it's neck like a hangman's... no, not 'like', it was a hangman's noose. Freaky.

Help... please?” The voice asks again, barely a whisper. Though you gaze was on the doll the voice seemed to be coming from all around you now, like it did when a persona talked to...

“Are you a Persona?” You ask, your voice filling the void around you.

What... is a persona?” the voice replies, “Am... Am I? I don't... know... I just.... so scared....” The voice seems to fade with each word it speaks, and you realize you don't have much time to ask questions.

“You want help?” you aks, “What help? Why?”

You... help?” The voice is weaker, but you're sure you can detect a faint hint of happiness in it at your apparent willingness to aid it. “find... lost... one hurt... one cut.... one dead... please, find them... before...” There's silence for several long moments, “I... hold way... o-” Whatever it said next you simply can't hear as, even if you strain your ears the voice has simply fallen too quiet.

Then, with a rush of color, the world resumes.


[ ] Action?
>> No. 11343
Hm, the doll is still in sight, right? Then,

[X] Talk about the doll with Alice. If she knows something, it would be good to 'hear' it. Then, get rid of the rope on the doll's neck, or just collect it.
[X] "You really won't leave this room, will you? Alright! I have some things to do and to kill, when I clear this place of these monsters, I will come back and take you somewhere safe!"
[X] Time to search for someone else. Maybe the doll asked to help find other dolls, so keep an eye open for them.

Shame, I though someone would think of something, my write-ins aren't good.
>> No. 11345
I would think that finding the uh.. whatever they are would be more important. But maybe figuring out what the things are could be more important.

Dead is easy. Go look in the morgue.
Cut? Not so easy. Surgery? Accident/Emergency? I'm assuming that it links to previous places that we had choices to go. Which means Lost is what? That could be anywhere really. So, here's hoping for a clue at the one that can be found easiest. Also, hold back? Maybe hold back the prismrivers, or something else. Either way, going to the morgue alone sounds liek a BAD idea.

[ ] Tell Alice that You have something to take care of, but you'll be back shortly.
[ ] Go back to where the Prismrivers were before, and tell the others your plan of action.
[ ] Find another way around to the morgue.
>> No. 11346
Lost, eh? Lost and found box, maybe? Perhaps lost in the hallways. Or maybe... What do they call that room where they keep all the stuffed animals for sick children? Meh, 'storage' should suffice.

One hurt, one cut. Uh, a supplies office, maybe? The doll was being sewn from a tear? Maybe one of the front desks.

One dead... I doubt they'd leave a doll with a corpse. Maybe the garbage shute?

[x] Regardless, it wouldn't hurt to ask Alice about any other dolls.
>> No. 11347
>>11346
I don't think it's actual dolls that it's talking about. Given that it's a persona, it might be something else. Though you could easily be right about it being real dolls. The thing is, if Alice can talk, and that was alice we heard, why couldn't she just ask for the dolls on the normal days, when it seems that she can speak. Given that she's motioning at the clock, and not knowing when she'll be able to speak, she seems to loose her voice during the second days, only to re-gain it during the normal days. She just hasn't figured out the progression/hasn't had it explained to her.
It would seem far more likely that it's not something she can ask for in the nromal days, or it isn't there in the normal days.
>> No. 11348
>>11347

*Scratches head*

Well, we have strange shit happening, that much is for sure. A few possibilities would be that the personas are trapped inside the dolls, or at least, other spirits are. It could be the dolls are the outcome of physical bodies being morphed to a point they can only use their spirits(those beings the ghosts that separated you from the group).

My very first thought was that if they were all dolls, they're not going to be like the two we have here, but instead, 'one cut' might mean a practice dummy for students to preform artificial operations on. 'One dead' could mean quite a lot of things; from a wind-up robot toy to taxidermy. Since the latter is nonsense, though not improbable, perhaps it could mean a stuffed animal head.

Of course, we don't know what the hell goes on in the hospital during a normal day. There could be all kinds of freaks playing with dead bodies or molesting the patients(treating one as a doll?).

Considering the city is suffering from RO, I can only imagine that not everything is as it should be. From poor security, inhuman experiements, to increase of crimes; there has to be a few people behind the scenes who have gone insane.
>> No. 11364
[X] Ask Alice about the other doll
[X] Ask Alice about Sanae who gave her the charms.
>> No. 11367
File 122746897881.jpg - (221.94KB , 1024x768 , 1124698.jpg ) [iqdb]
11367
I think the three operative words are "dead", "cut", and "hurt", with all three of them being "lost":
>>“Dead.” Speaks one, clearly identifiable as being one voice despite the other two mimicing it. “Cut.” states another, “Hurt.” responds the third. “Lost!” they all wail together

I think the voice in >>11342 is Alice's, emanating from the Hourai doll, but I'm not sure. Regardless, we have declared that we are a finder, so we should listen to the voices and these lost things. I think >>11345 had the right idea with the descriptions linked with parts of the hospital: cut would probably be surgery, hurt would be accident/emergency, dead would be the morgue. Maybe the shadows breaking for three sections of the hospital means they are being drawn to these lost things. In that case, one of these things may be in the mental wards. If that's the case, it could either be the Hourai doll, Alice, or something else entirely. That could mean there are more dolls, people, or unknowns in other parts of the hospital. I don't know what we can get to from here, though.

Anyway, this little bit was interesting:
>>There's silence for several long moments, “I... hold way... o-”
Maybe "o-" could be "out" or "open".

[X] Examine other doll
[X] Ask Alice about the other doll
[X] Ask Alice what's nearest from here: the morgue or the emergency room.

The other group can go search what's further away and meet you at the location nearest you. That covers 2 areas; just need to know what we're looking for now.
>> No. 11427
Staggering slightly, the unexpected pause in reality leaving you slightly off-balance you launch one hand out to steady yourself against the nearby doorframe. At this Alice seems to sit up slightly in... Surprise? Concern? It's hard to tell exactly, but she's definitely reacting to your ill look.

“Hey... Is that your doll too?” You ask her, gesturing at the doll with the noose around it's neck as you stand up properly. The blond blinks at your question and turns to regard the doll for a few moments, before turning back to you and presenting the one already in her hands then quickly pulling it back to hug it against her chest. Although you have no idea quite what she is trying to say, you can at least make a few guesses based on how the red-garbed doll in her hands seems newer than the dark-blue wearing, and slightly scary, doll on the side table. If this girl had been in a coma for almost ten years then... well it was highly likely she still thought like a child, and to someone like that the new would always be preferable to the old.

“You shouldn't abandon your old toys you know,” you say, feeling a little bit silly about saying it, “anyway, Alice, I have to go now okay? I have to go meet with my friends and tell them that you're all okay.” The girl looks at you for several seconds before nodding in acknowledgment. “I'll be back in a while, okay?”


Slipping out the door, shutting it behind you, you sigh and head off back to the lobby. It was pretty depressing, that a girl should be in a coma since she was... what? Eight maybe? She had looked to be maybe eighteen or nineteen perhaps at most, though you knew that age could be deceptive, especially if she'd been on life support all that time. Come to that, it was unusual to be on such for so long - wasn't it? You weren't sure, maybe her parents had insisted? Did she even have any parents? You didn't recall seeing any next of kin on the forms you had, though they were far from complete in terms of the information they had on individual patients.

You'd have to make a look later maybe... Come to that, you should probably check when she would be allowed visitors in the normal days too, and pick up any information needed to bluff your way in to such a visit if you needed to.

“'ello!” You call out from the hallway, having circled around the long way in order to approach the lobby from the ground floor wards rather than the much closer staircase. Partially this was to ensure there was no-one in any of the other wardrooms, but mainly it was because there was no way in hell you were going to try passing through that lobby again without a run up. “Hey! Guys! You there?”

You hear a dull thump and the now familiar crackle of ice from beyond the lobby. Letty, no doubt, has just annihilated a shadow for some reason. Moments later Reisen comes into view in the corridor you'd left the group in and waves at you. “Yukari!” She calls out, “Are you okay?” You grin and nod, “That's great! I - We were worried!”

You blush maybe a teeny-tiny bit at Reisen's slip, but quickly push it back. “I was right!” you yell, “I found someone... and I should be able to make it back there now!” Your friend visibly pales at that, which must have been quite dramatic since you could see it from here, and she waves her hands at you in a warding gesture.

“No!” She cries, “It's too dangerous!”

Sadly for her you've already begun your run-up, planning to hit the lobby at top speed so as to stay in there for the shortest possible time. You hoped very, very hard that whatever the voice in Alice's room had been it had meant to tell you that it was going to hold your way open. Otherwise this was going to hurt like hell.



“Ugh...” You groaned, as you lay on the floor of a nice-looking office with your head in Reimu's lap. The warm feeling of her Dia spreading through you and taking away various aches and pains. “Wh' happen?” You slur, vaguely pulling yourself into a sitting position with some assistance.

“You tripped.” Deadpans the brunette as she pats you on the head. “Tripped at full speed.”

“I've never seen anyone roll into a wall like that before!” Marisa chimes in, grinning madly, “It was awesome! You tripped, then went flying into a diving roll and wham! Right into the wall!”

“That was reckless and dangerous.” Letty adds from somewhere behind you. “I don't know what sort of justification you had for that, but you should have waited until we were all there before you tried it.” There was a pause and then you were sure you could hear a slight snicker from the woman. “Though I think you learned that yourself.” Another snicker.

“I'm so glad for the support from the peanut gallery,” You grumble, “Guess I won't tell you 'bout Alice now, since you're far more interested in making me feel stupid.”

“Alice?” You almost fall backwards as Marisa's face suddenly fills your entire vision. “Who's Alice? You actually found someone back there?” You nod and the blond grins in excitement, “Awesome! She gonna join us?”

“No idea,” you grumble, placing your hand on the girl's chest and pushing her off you, “She's not leaving her room, but she's apparently protected by a bunch of charms and stuff that keep shadows out.” You grunt and sit up again, “Shadows used to go up there according to her, so these things in the lobby must be pretty new. Anyway, I got some kind of lead while I was up there, says we should be heading to...”

[ ] Head to the Morgue
[ ] Head to Accident + Emergency
[ ] Head to Operating Theaters.
[ ] Head to Warehouse.
[ ] Head to East Wards.
>> No. 11428
[X] Head to Accident + Emergency

One hurt...
>> No. 11435
>>11427
[X] Head to Accident + Emergency

Time to start ticking these off. Depending on what we find, maybe we can split up for the last two.
>> No. 11445
[ ] Head to the Morgue

Get the corpses out of the way first. 'cause you KNOW there's gonna be corpses.
>> No. 11501
[x] Head to Accident + Emergency
Surgery after. Corpses we save for last.
>> No. 11502
[x] Head to East Wards.

Safest option first. We don't want any zombies or other possible 'things' coming after us while we search the hospital.
>> No. 11505
Something needs to win

[ ] Head to Accident + Emergency
>> No. 11518
>>11501 >>11502
That's *WHY* you go wipe out the corpses first. Get them out of the way, then we dont' have to worry about corpses showing up somewhere else later.
>> No. 11552
>>11518

With shadows constantly going in and out, and us being unaware of how big the morgue is(and especially how they maintain their bodies) do you really want to take a chance by disturbing them right away? Or rather, alerting them that anything is going on at all. After all, the only shadows that have noticed us are the ones that were torn to pieces by the ghosts.
>> No. 11553
>The warm feeling of her Dia spreading through you

If you know what I mean.
>> No. 11616
[x]Head to Accident/Emergency
>> No. 11688
“We're heading to Accident and Emergency.”

“Eh?” Marisa frowns at you, “Why? If the person we're after is over the other side of the lobby, why do we have to go wandering around the hospital again?”

You shrug, getting back to your feet with more than a little assistance from Reimu. “Got a lead,” you say, “Hurt, Cut and Dead. Pretty sure anything Hurt is going to end up in A&E first, right?”

“Huh? Have you gone mental or something yourself?” The blond's hands clamp down on your shoulders as she leans in to stare into your eyes. “You're talking crazy talk! Where did you even get this lead from?”

Shaking her hands off you step past her, “I just have a lead, okay?” you reply, stalking over to the office door. “Some stupid riddle, but it sums up like this - we got three things to find in this hospital and our clues are 'Hurt', 'Cut' and 'Dead'. Pretty sure that means one is in the morgue, but there's no way in hell I'm going down there until I have to.”

“Leave her alone Marisa,” Letty's voice, though quiet, practically fills the air with it's commanding tone. “This 'Alice' probably told her, that's all. Besides, a shaky lead is better than no lead at any time.”

Frowning the blond girl turns away from you and stalks over to grab her things from where they sit against one wall of the room. Weird - there's definitely something up there, but you'd be damned if you knew what the hell it was about. Well, whatever it was it wasn't something you could sit around figuring out right now - you had three... things to find, and only about half a day to do it in - if you wanted to catch some sleep and get back to school on time at least anyway. “I must admit, however,” Letty adds, drawing close to you, “I am curious as to what makes you trust this source of information as much as you do?”

“Do I have any choice?” You respond, “No matter what the source, I'd have to take a leap of faith on it at first anyway. This one is one that... well... i'm not sure about it's trustworthiness, but I think it knew it would benefit as well from our work.”

The older woman nods, “Vested interest, I find it's the best way to be sure that the information is sound. Still, I'm not too happy with this, but I see we don't have any better plans to work from.”

Leaving the woman to finish preparing you slide over to where Reisen is, quite obviously, glaring at you from one corner of the room. “Don't.” She states as you open your mouth to speak to her, “I'm not happy with you.” She turns away from you and peers out the window inset into the nearby door. “You scared me Yukari, scared me a lot... I don't think I want to talk now, or i'll say something i'll regret.”

You sigh and head back to pick up your own stuff, where ou jump slightly as Reimu places her hand on your back and, once you turn to look at her, gives you a sympathetic little smile. “Don't worry,”she murmurs, “They're all just shocked over your mad dash over here, we were all terrified you'd get caught half-way or something. I'm sure they'll calm down if you give them some time.”


Having gathered everyones gear, the five of you leave the room and start making your way to the Accident and Emergency section of the hospital, back near the morgue entrance, opposite the warehouses and research rooms you had gone through when you first entered the hospital. The silence, as you all walk, is both deafening and far too oppressive.

[ ] Try talking to Reisen
[ ] Try talking to Marisa
[ ] Try talking to Reimu
[ ] Try talking to Letty
[ ] Remain Silent

Party Status: 84%

So little. but it just didn't want to damn well write... goddamit. I just couldn't focus, and when i did shit just seemed to go wrong (like ROUTER DEATH. Lovely.)
>> No. 11689
[ ] Remain Silent
>> No. 11691
[x] Remain Silent
>> No. 11692
[ ] Keep foot out of mouth.
>> No. 11725
Bets on the next shadows being horribly burnt, limping/broken necks and possibly severed in half, crawling after you with their arms?
>> No. 11740
>11725
I'm betting that we pass the morgue on the way to Accident, and rouse the corpses. So then we have a hospital full of corpses and whatever else we run into.
>> No. 11741
>Leaving the woman to finish preparing you slide over to where Reisen is, quite obviously, glaring at you from one corner of the room. “Don't.” She states as you open your mouth to speak to her, “I'm not happy with you.” She turns away from you and peers out the window inset into the nearby door. “You scared me Yukari, scared me a lot... I don't think I want to talk now, or i'll say something i'll regret.”

REISEN ROUTE

[X] Try talking to Letty. Alice is probably here through both the normal and Second Days, maybe Letty could at least arrange to meet her when things are normal, or get other Persona users to check up on her during the Second Days.
>> No. 11758
>The silence, as you all walk, is both deafening and far too oppressive.

[X] Remains silent.

Lol, jk.

[X] What he said >>11741
>> No. 11760
>>11741

I'd agree with this choice, but it really doesn't seem appropriate right now, and we might be heard by, well, whatever. We could always ask her when we get back to the next normal day; I think it'd be easier for her to remember and follow through when she isn't focused on the danger of right now.

Something tells me, though, Marisa just might break the silence even if we don't.

[x] Talk to Letty about Alice when the second day is over with.
>> No. 11772
FYI: For saturday only, I think:

http://www.amazon.com/Persona-FES-Soundtrack-Artbook-Playstation-2/dp/B001G0MG8W/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1227992443&sr=1-13
>> No. 11780
File 122800843726.jpg - (312.25KB , 800x600 , 941647.jpg ) [iqdb]
11780
>>11772
Yoink! Good catch anon, been meaning to pick that up.
>> No. 11781
Oppressive as it is, you just don't seem to be able to work up the energy to fight it off. The walk continues in a blanket of silence perforated only by the occasional violence of a shadow encounter, more Dark Nurses mainly, with the occasional appearance with Nightmare Tables - the names both having come from Marisa, with only a few minor grumbles of objection from anyone else. Eventually the relative quiet simply got on your nerves a little too much and you're about to approach one of the girls when a loud snuffling sound makes everyone jump in surprise.

“What... What was that?” Reisen asked, her voice quiet. “Sounded like... a dog maybe?”

“If that's a dog,” Marisa whispers in reply, “Then it sounds like it's as big as a car at least.”

“Not a dog then?” murmured Reimu. “But definitely something we need to look into at least.”

“Ha! Told you my lead was good,” You hiss, smirking slightly, “Though they never mentioned what the heck it was we'd actually find out here... I was pretty sure it was going to be a person...”

There's a pause as everyone looks at you, then back in the direction the noise had come from. Immediately the lot of you break out into a run, clearing the hallway you had been traveling down in a matter of seconds and bursting through a set of double-doors at the end. You're the first through, your fork held out in front like a battering ram. Close behind is Letty who's only weapon is... actually, you have no idea what her weapon is as, so far, you've never seen her actually fight with her own hands - every conflict has involved either her dodging, or her simply blasting away with ice. You knew she'd brought a hockey bag with her though, which you assumed contained her weapon along with her own first aid kits and the like.

The two of you skid to a stop as you take in the room, letting the slower girls catch up before you take any offensive action. The room, evidently where ambulances drop their contents off, consists mainly of a large hall with several passages leading away from it and a number of large doors in the walls which ambulances would normally back up against. Abandoned throughout the room are several wheeled trolleys, several surrounded by stand upon which drip-bags sit, their contents seeming to leak out onto the floor. In one corner sits a black mass - a shadow of some kind - but despite your noisy entrance it doesn't seem to be moving in reaction in any way.

No, that was left to the three other shadows, three monstrosities which seemed to be made entirely of arms and legs - as if someone had simply melted several humans into one disgusting mass. Eyes peeked out from nooks and crannies, while toothed mouths of various kinds squealed and gibbered from their positions on the ends of waving hands and feet. Behind you you heard the sound of someone's stomach being emptied, and frankly you can't blame them as you yourself can feel your own body attempting to do the same.

The snuffling sound came again, from the black mass behind them and...

and...

”It hurts! It hurts! Momma! I-I want my momma!

A voice, young and female. One of the three voices you had heard earlier in fact... but this one seemed more alive, more real than before - that of a scared child.

“Yukari!” You step backwards at the sound of Letty's voice, realizing that you've dropped your fork in a bid to clutch at your head. “Move!” You practically fall over your own feet as you realize that a fanged mouth mounted on a foot is sweeping towards your head, barely missing by the smallest margin as you literally do land on your ass. Moments later there's a staccato burst of noise as a set of nails simply sprout in the leg courtesy of Reisen's nail gun.

Finally there's a wet thump as the limb lands between your legs - causing you to almost, almost scream in shock. Letty stands over you, a look of rage passing across her face and... “Holy shit...” you breath, staring at the weapon in her hands. A mid-length wooden pole upon which was attached, parallel to the pole, a heavy metal blade that extended past the pole and tapered off into a vicious looking point. Given how it had just sliced through the shadow as if it had been little more than wet tissue, the blade was obviously damn sharp - and Letty was fast with it, you had barely seen her move! Looking around you spot her discarded hockey bag, various other items currently spilling out of it - but that's not your aim as you continue looking until you find your fork and make a mad grab for it.

“Be more careful.” Letty states as you pick yourself up, ignoring the blast of flame behind her that Marisa had launched at one of the three monsters. “Now, how shall we do this?”


[ ] Retreat into the hallway and confront them,
[ ] Circle around and surround the enemy,
[ ] Concentrate on knocking them to the floor,
[ ] Screw it - head on attack!


Party status: 80%
>> No. 11785
[ ] Screw it - head on attack!

We have a good ofensive, and that's the best defense.
>> No. 11792
>>11781
[X]Letty and you on the near one (the one Letty has partially dismembered)
[X]Marisa, Reimu, and Reisen on the one Marisa has engaged
[X]Focus fire the last one down
(If possible, fling some of the wheeled gurneys at it to keep it tripped up in the meantime; maybe have Marisa set fire to a couple for max damage)
[X]Group command: avoid hitting the black mass in the corner

A more nuanced version of the all out offensive plan.

Side question; is there something we can do about our decreasing party status (heal up, take a breather, gather morale, etc.) or is that something that decreases over the course of a Second Day regardless?
>> No. 11811
[x] Retreat into the hallway and confront them
[x] Melee users in front, magic users at the back

Find stable ground, easy retreat, slim down their numbers, etc. Basic tactics. Before our party consisted of only two members; it will work this time.

If we circle them, more could come and circle us, meaning separation, and that's a bad thing. Head-on attacks we all know are too risky(and basically, stupid). Finally, if we focus too much on knocking them down, we'll find ourselves not noticing anything more important, such as the dog-sounding thing or the giant shadow in the corner which may have snuck up on us during the time we were fighting.
>> No. 11820
>>11792

The party status thing is more or less a test on my part, since i want to see how well/easy i (and you) can track (and hopefully you can begin to predict in bigger combats) the average status of the party. It can be restored by resting, mainly, though items from inventory work too.

Speaking of which...
Consumable items inventory (entire party):
First aid kits - 3 (restore 10% per use)
'Medicine' pills - 12 (restore 3% each)
'Agi' gems - 2
'Agilao' gem - 1
Green gems - 3
White gems - 2

Since this is the first big combat since testing this, feel free to use items or choosing to hole up and rest. Obviously hitting 0% status is a bad thing, healing items raise status, use of combat items (gems and such) will reduce status loss in combat (since you're not using your own MP or the like for the spell).

As i said though, it's just a test to see if i can make this work. If it doesn't or causes too much trouble i may drop it.
>> No. 11821
[X]Letty and you on the near one (the one Letty has partially dismembered)
[X]Marisa, Reimu, and Reisen on the one Marisa has engaged
[X]Focus fire the last one down
(If possible, fling some of the wheeled gurneys at it to keep it tripped up in the meantime; maybe have Marisa set fire to a couple for max damage)
[X]Group command: avoid hitting the black mass in the corner

Okay then.
>> No. 11828
>>11820

Pretty small percentages there. So basically, we should only use health items in emergencies. I think it would be best to take a 'resting day', at least once(maybe twice) a second-week, and one 'resting-day' per normal-month(don't want to screw up life in the outside world).

We should stock up on supplies when we get back, maybe a few equipment upgrades.

Since you're doing party status, you should also involve physical status, armor and weapon stats as well. Obviously as the days go by, we've fought more, trained(since we'll be taking classes with Meiling), and gained more knowledge of what gear is appropriate for second days. Eventually we should become strong enough to carry more than just the few items we have now, leveled up in fighting; plus we've used our current weapons so many times, they've got to be worn-out somewhat.

It would also be interesting to increase our resourcefulness in second days. We might find rare, exotic plants or other things that we could sell for extra cash in the outside world, if we manage to bring them back with us, that is.
>> No. 11833
>>11828

I'm not too keen on tracking too much crap, i'm already tracking quite a few things (relationship values, social link details, inventory, party status, persona details) and i plan to add time if/when it becomes relevant to events.
Adding in the details of weapons is a bit... iffy. More tacking for little real payoff really - i'll be vaguely tracking party strength and that does affect how much status you lose through time.
Ie: If you didn't have Letty you'd be at least twice as worse off as you are now, mebbe around the 50%-60% mark since at present Letty is quite overpowered compared to the rest of the party.
Sooner or later i'll do a persona status update 'n stuff. Probably if we hit a new thread would be most sensible forthat.
>> No. 11839
>>11833

True. Well, the first two thoughts and the last are more or less up to the other readers to think about.

But I think at least some form of physical stamina status would be nice; or a fatigue/weight guage. Really, why would our gloves count towards a limited item list? Sure, weighted clothing isn't necessary, but even gloves are about as common as the shirts on our backs. As we go along with all this training and fighting, we should be getting strong enough to carry an extra item or two, even another pack with light supplies; also working on making it so that our movement is not quite as impeded when we're packing a lot. Even how much we're able to carry over long distances.

Well, that's just my reasoning. It's not like we're going to stay at the same level of strength forever; eventually we'll have to have gotten better, unless we have some kind of growth stunt or something.
>> No. 11899
[X] Circle around and surround the enemy.
[X] Use Garu once each on the enemies. Whichever one seems to like it least, throw one (1) green gem at it, and keep casting and pounding away.
>> No. 11900
>>11899

That's a fucking great idea! Let's separate from the rest of the group, waste a gem knowing nothing of its power, then knock ourselves out from mana-strain and get killed! Perfect! Just brilliant!

I'm sure you didn't even read the story up to now and yet you came up with such a wonderful battle plan. How did you manage it?
>> No. 11914
>>11900

By playing the Shin Megami Tensei spinoff this story's based on? Where this is exactly what Minato et al. would do? The only difference being that we don't have Analyze Fuuka Renko to tell us who's weak to what, so we need to improvise?
>> No. 11935
“Simple, we do this one at a time,” you grumble as you hop back to avoid a thrusting arm. “I don't think it liked having it's leg cut off like that - so we'll just keep hacking away until nothing's left!”

“With a fork?” Letty asks, one eyebrow raised, “No offense, but that's not exactly a weapon suited for hacking with.” You frown at her and make a grab for the knife at your waist before pulling it free and using it to sever the hand from the arm currently attacking you. “Ah,” Letty states, her own weapon chopping through several limbs itself.

“You three!” You yell, meaning the girls behind you, “Try and keep the other two occupied until we're done with this one!” A blast of flame and the sight of Reimu's persona slashing it's own injuries into one of the other shadows is your only reply. With the three girls behind you laying on covering fire it doesn't take too long for you and Letty to rapidly disassemble the shadow in front of you to little more than a trunk covered in stumps and eyes. A trunk that, unable to defend itself, soon fell to injuries inflicted by the two of you.

Turning your attention onto then next one, you're forced to curse as a bolt of lightning blasts through the air nearby, impacting on the far wall as it misses it's target. You still weren't a hundred percent sure why, but the very presence of lightning in close proximity still made all you your senses scream at you to run away for a brief moment. It was during this moment that you heard an investigative snuffling from the black blob in the corner and realized that the lightning bolt hadn't hit all that far from it.

“Be careful!” You yell, not sure exactly who had fired that bolt - Marisa or Reisen. “I don't want that thing attracted to us until we're done here!” You don't get any reply but the next lightning bolt that came from the group of girls impacted squarely into a multi-limbed monster, so you supposed that was good enough. As you and Letty get to work you realize how long it actually takes for the two of you to hack apart one of these freaks and, while easy, it does mean the other three girls are using quite a lot of spellfire in order to keep the remaining one occupied - though offhand you can't think of a better way to have handled the situation. Soon, but not soon enough for you, this shadow had been reduced to a defenceless trunk and, like the first, fell to the damage it took. Thankfully the third shadow - thanks to having already taken a severe beating from the constant blasting the other three girls had been doing - fell in mere moments once you and Letty turned your attentions to it.

Which now left one... the blob in the corner which was the evident source of the snuffling sound from earlier. Why the thing hadn't responded to your group pounding it's guards into paste you had no idea though... now you had time to look at it, the thing did seem to be trying to move further into the corner as if... “Hell no,” You mutter, “It can't be that stupid, can it?”

“Hm?” Reisen moves forward to stand next to you, “What is it?”

“No idea but... look, doesn't it look like it's trying to run away - but got stuck in the corner?” You point at the moving lump and Reisen peers at it for a long moment before snickering slightly. “I don't know what this thing is, but it's pretty stupid if it doesn't seem to know there's a wall there.”

“So, what?” Marisa comments, her hands held up in what you're pretty sure is a 'i'm going to blast it' threatening pose. “We just going to blast it? Or do we have to do something special now we found it?”

[ ] Let her blast it
[ ] Investigate up close
[ ] Get it's attention another way

Party Status: 64%
>> No. 11938
[ ] Investigate up close

Maybe it's nor trying to run away, maybe it's trying to eat a doll?
>> No. 11943
[x] Get it's attention another way
[x] Try... talking to it? It seems afraid of you, not like the other shadows that care less about their own well-being.

And unless the second day ends soon, then:

[x] Use a first aid kit.

64% is not good, especially in our situation.
>> No. 11968
[x] Investigate up close
>Maybe it's nor trying to run away, maybe it's trying to eat a doll?
Probably likely.

[x] Try... talking to it? It seems afraid of you, not like the other shadows that care less about their own well-being.

Also worth a shot as a we walk closer to investigate.
>> No. 11984
Figured seeing as you guys are probably SMT fans that I should tell you. IMAGINE is now in closed beta, though registration is still open. It's pretty good, aside from the expected problems associated with it being in beta.
http://megaten.aeriagames.com/
>> No. 12007
>>11914

I don't care how much alike it is, the writer is not inclined to follow everything through the way you think he will. "Only difference" is still a difference.

>>11984

Interesting. I hope they improve the character/monster graphics before fully releasing it to the public.
>> No. 12017
>>11984

I am going to have the most retarded fun when Imagine comes out. This'll be my roster at some point:

-Ganga
-Lamia
-Gorgon
-Naga
-Raja Naga
-Vasuki

My character will be named Trouser.
>> No. 12141
“Well... I guess we should look closer?” You whisper, waving for the other girls come closer. “Spread out and surround it... I'll, I don't know, I'll try talking to it or something. Everyone get ready in case it isn't friendly.”

“Why are you doing this!” Reisen hisses, “Why doesn't Letty do it, shes faster and stronger than any of us!” You smile at your purple haired friend and reach out to rub her head through the hat she wears.

“Isn't it obvious?” Reimu states, “If Letty dies we have much less chance of surviving.” She glances at you, “That's what you're thinking, right? It makes sense when I think about it now, you'd rather have Letty survive than yourself, don't you?” Behind her Letty frowns slightly and looks away, causing Reisen to glance between the two of you.

“She's right,” you sigh, before the girl can say anything, “I'd rather see myself die than Letty because it's safer for the rest of you. She strong, she has contacts and she has a safe place for you to stay if you need it.” Shrugging you stand up, “Now then, lets go see what the hell is so important about this thing that it feels the need to run away rather than attack us like every other shadow has.”

As the girls spread out around the room, their collective aims trained on the black blob, you slowly make you way towards it, being careful to keep the head of your fork in between you and it. As you draw closer it makes no overt movements aside from an occasional shaking which coincides with the snuffling noise. “H-hello?” You call, not entire sure how to address a shadow. The minute you address it a flap of... well, you assume it's skin... suddenly flips up like a giant ear and angles itself at you. Everyone tenses but, aside from the occasional twitch, the flap doesn't seem to do anything. “Hello?” You call again, now feeling perhaps a little bolder.

Is som-someone... ” You pause at the voice, that same scared voice from earlier. “He-help me! It's dark! I-i want my momma! It hurts momma! It hurts! Where's momma!?

“Don't worry!” You call out, “I'm not going to hu-” There's a blur in the air and the next thing you know is colliding with a wall on the other side of the room, the air filled with yells of anger and the sound of fire, ice, wind and lightning blasting about the room. Thankfully you had managed to hit a padded section of wall so although the impact had left you winded and breathless it hadn't left you with multiple fractures. Sitting up and using your fork as a crutch you manage to pull yourself to your feet and hobble over to a desk against one wall which you happily slump over to stay more or less upright. Your friends are moving about the room, fighting the black blob which now looks less like a blob and more like some freakish zombie elephant. It was squat and fat, with a wide trunk that must have been the reason for the snuffling. It's two large ears flapped about and proved to be seemingly capable of negating elemental attacks which hit them somehow, though those that hit the rest of the body seemed to have the expected effects on it.

It's belly, however, seemed like an exposed ribcage with a sickly light emenating from it's inna-
Momma!” you frown at the voice and look back at the ribcage of the monster. “Momma! Let me out! Momma! Where are you Momma!?

At that cry of fear and pain you feel something twitch within you. “Compassion” it whispers, the voice of your persona, It's voice seems to come from somewhere deep inside, “Without it justice is simply revenge” Something, some feeling, makes you raise you hand and hold it outstretched towards the elephant-like shadow. “show your compassion with the old power

Your hand tingles and you see the transparent form of your persona's arm layered over your own and you know, you just know, that whatever had just spoken to you was older than your persona and far more powerful. It was also, you could tell, on your side. In the melee opposite, you watch as Reisen is clipped by the shadow's trunk and Letty covers her as she falls while driving her own weapon into the side of the elephant's face.

Momma! It hurts Momma! It...Momma... Where are you? I... I'm scared momma... i'm-

“Zan!” You roar, a blast of green energy ripping forth from your hand like a bullet from a gun. And, like a gun your arm is blasted backwards in recoil, all but dislocating it from your shoulder due to the force of it. What happened to the shadow, however, was somewhat worse as the projectile of force smashed into it's face - forcing the goopy flesh aside into a crater like one left some great meteor impact on the moon. Immediately Marisa was there blasting fire into the hole as Reimu's persona dashed in to smash the side of the elephant's head, further deforming it's already wrecked form.

With a liquid burble the creature falls to the floor, bubbles of black goo forming and popping on it's surface as the light inside - apparently no longer contained properly thanks to the damage - appears to boil it to death from the inside before suddenly bursting out. You have a vague sense of seeing a red-clad girl in the air before the light simply fades and vanishes.

Momma! I'm coming momma! It doesn't hurt anymore momma!

The voice seems happier, no longer afraid...

“Yukari?” You blink, realizing that Marisa is standing next to you with a slight frown on her face. “What the hell did you just do!?” she demands, to which you reply with a shrug since, frankly, you're not entirely sure what you did either.

“New, uh, ability?” You suggest, “I don't know, it just sort of happened.” Grunting you move your arm and wince at the pain in the joints from the blast you had let loose. “Hurt like hell though... But... I think that's what we were after. I'm sure I saw something escape when we killed it - like these things are some kind of prison maybe...”

“Eh, whatever.” Marisa shrugs, “I didn't see anything, but that thing was big enough to be significant in some way, so we have, what, two more of them to find now?”


[ ] Plan of action

Yukari - Special Ability: 'Zan'. Massive damage to single target 2-12% status cost, 1 use/day. (0 use remaining)

Party status: 51%
>> No. 12142
[X]Use recovery item
[X]"Two more to go. Let's try searching in the morgue or the east ward this time, whichever is closer to us now."
[X]"And fuck, yes, I just got a new ability!" Victory dance!
>> No. 12143
>>12141
The 51% is troubling

[X] Rest, heal, and plan. Talk to the group about the last fight, any observations so far, and ideas about where to go next.

Kinda' curious about the element canceling ears.
>> No. 12149
[x] Use a first aid kit.
[x] Try and find a suitable cast for your arm. Don't spend too much time on it, though.
[x] Head to Operating Theaters.
>> No. 12185
[X] Rest, heal, and plan. Talk to the group about the last fight, any observations so far, and ideas about where to go next.
[X]"Two more to go. Let's try searching in wherever is closer to us now."
[X]"And fuck, yes, I just got a new ability!" Victory dance!

Why no votes?
>> No. 12186
[P] Use a recovery item on self.
[P] Try to find something to splint our arm with, assuming it doesn't recover completely.

We're not going to be much good if our arm is broken, and if we've still got two of those things left to face, then we're going to need to be in decent condition.

[P] "Two more to go if my lead is right. Let's try searching in the morgue or the east ward this time, whichever is closer to us now."

Best course of action at the moment.

[P] "That shadow seemed tougher than most. We should try and avoid battles for now; we should have plenty of time left, so let's take it slow."

We ought to save up for the boss fights.

>>12185
>Why no votes?

Weekend? Or maybe everyone's busy playing Persona 3 to gear up for Persona 4?
>> No. 12190
Why Zan and not Garula? Or, I dunno, Nocturne had Wind Cutter as a mega-level Wind attack, and Persona 3 did the same with Pantha Rhei. Or will we have two separate tracks as we level, up to Magarudyne and Mazandyne? Anyway--

[X] Use a first aid kit, mostly on yourself.
[X] Rest, and plan the attacks on what you expect to find in the morgue and operating rooms. "Two more to go, etc."
[X] Get back to searching for boss Shadows, but try to avoid random encounters to keep your strength up.
[X] Wonder why the hell everyone else is going along with this, since even though they're used to shadows, they can't see or hear the crazy shit that led you into this boss-hunt in the first place.
>> No. 12207
>>12190
I'll confirm this now - in this, Zan is not the same line as Garu.
Also, after mulling it over for a bit i'm upping the cost of it to a straight 10% - the thing is almost a OHKO on anything less than a boss at this point... So you're going to have to decide if the 10% hit is better or worse than straight combat. (obviously this should get more, obvious as i refine the party status thing some)

More obviously, if i abandon the party status thing it'll lose it's cost, but keep its 1 per Second Day limit.

Anyway, yeah. Zan =/= Garu.
>> No. 12216
>>12207
>More obviously, if i abandon the party status thing it'll lose it's cost, but keep its 1 per Second Day limit.

Don't. It's nice and interesing this way. Party Status was a good idea.

And as Yukari gets stronger, will the Zan use limit increase?
>> No. 12244
Sorry guys, I won't be updating any time soon, because I just picked up Persona 4. I'll be gone until I beat it, so... next Monday, maybe?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
>> No. 12247
>>12244

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 12248
File 122887301327.jpg - (40.76KB , 351x289 , 1198206681917.jpg ) [iqdb]
12248
>>12244
>> No. 12255
>>12244
>bullshit trolling

Not amused.
>> No. 12262
Fuck I'm slow. Took me a minute or two to realize the trip was different.

And then I laughed. Hard.
>> No. 12263
>>12262
That got me too.
>> No. 12436
File 122931964614.jpg - (148.88KB , 500x703 , 120724995963.jpg ) [iqdb]
12436
Troll was right, but at least we're getting Skittles v2
Shame that none of our party members got picked for The Project this time through. AD's characterization stayed the same in both stories: Marisa was as hyper in Skittles as she is here, Letty had the smooth, womanly aura to her, and Reimu is an all-work-no-play cynic.

All things considered, Reisen would have been pure love over in /th/
>> No. 12494
File 122949129437.jpg - (18.81KB , 429x600 , shadowangrydesu01.jpg ) [iqdb]
12494
>>12244
>>12436

Seriously though, how far along are you, real Angry Desu? And how about anyone else who picked up the game? I just rescued Rise.

Also, is there a zipped version of Skittles or something that someone could link me to?
>> No. 12495
>>12494
The sticky in /th/ is your friend.
>> No. 12526
“I don't know about you,” you pant, feeling your injuries as the rush of the fight fades away, “But I could really do with a bit of a rest or something first”

“Ooooh,” Marisa smirks at you, “Looks like you're not as immortal as you seem to act after all.” Shrugging she walks over to what looks like a side office and kicks open the door. After a few flashes of fire she sticks her head back around the door and looks at the group, “'s all clear!” She yells, “We can hole up in here for a while and catch our breath!”

“We'll need to do more than catching breath,” Letty mutters, looking at Reisen who was being held up by her and Reimu on either side of the purple haired girl. “She took a heavy hit and I'm not sure... I think she'll be alright, but I don't think that's something that will happen all too soon - she needs some time to recover.”

“Then it's settled,” You state, “We're going to take a break for now, until everyone is either recovered, or we're well enough to cover for Reisen at least.”

“You're going to carry on without her if we have to?” Reimu asks, giving you a funny look, “I don't think that's such a good idea - it might be better to just give up for the day, you said Alice was safe where she was, right?”

“Safe from shadows maybe...” You mutter, causing Letty to give you a sharp glance.

“You think there's another danger?” She asks, handing Reisen to Marisa so that she and Reimu can get the girl into the side office while she speaks with you. “I would be interested to know what gives you such an idea... among other things.” It's obvious that she seems to be referring to your 'source', as well as the more than slightly powerful Zan ability you had just exhibited. “I'm beginning to think there's something unusual about you Yukari... and unusual, in this place, means dangerous and I don't like that.”

Wincing you look away from the older woman, “I... don't know.” You state quietly, “There is... something, yes, but I don't know... I barely know what's going on myself...”

“Then tell me what you can,” Letty replies, “You don't have to try to work things out yourself - I did and... well, you can see where that got me... practically no-where.”

“I... Yeah, you're right.” Gesturing to the office you listen to the sound of Reimu's casting of Dia from inside. “But I think we should get inside first, If I'm going to tell then I'm going to tell everyone.”



The explanations, what few of them you could give, didn't take all that long. You explained the voices you heard in the lobby, as well as the strange shadow you saw outside Alice's room and the further voices you heard inside. Although the explanation itself didn't take long, it was split up by various bouts of bandaging and occasional snores from a resting Reisen who, although she had recovered fine, had been allowed to nap in order to feel better. “And that's pretty much it,” you finish up, “next thing I know is I hear a voice telling me about compassion, and then I'm shooting a hole in that monsters head and seeing, at least I think I saw, something come out of it when it died.”

You hadn't told them everything... for some reason whenever you tried to bring up the matter of hearing what you thought were their persona your mouth seemed to become exceedingly difficult to move - as if someone were holding it shut. You got that message easily enough, that something didn't want you talking about it. You also didn't mention Yukari as her warning from before was still relatively fresh in your mind, especially after finding that you couldn't talk about the persona of the others.

“It certainly is... unusual.” Letty begins, “But given the things our persona can do here, I don't think we can rule out the idea of someone using them to communicate with you in some way.” She frowns, “If that is what the thing you saw coming out of that shadow was of course, but whether it was or wasn't, it raises some uncomfortable questions. And this is all before we even think about what you saw outside of Alice's room, or your surprising new power up - that doesn't fit with my experiences of gaining a new ability.”

“I think most of it can wait,” You state, slouching against one wall of the little room, “Possibilities aside, we know the shadow we fought was imprisoning something - and anything they want imprisoned has to be something that's bad for them.”

“And anything that's bad for them, is good for us.” Reimu whispers, “The enemy of my enemy and all that. Yukari's right, there's no use in worrying ourselves over details like that for now - I think we should see if we can find another one of those prison-shadows and see whats inside it.”

“So, assuming this one was 'Hurt' and the morgue is going to be 'Dead'... where would 'Cut' be?” You ask, “Marisa? Reisen? Any idea?”

“Not really,” Marisa grumbles, with Reisen giving a nod of agreement. Her head was wrapped in a bandage - just in case- but otherwise she was fine. “Last time I came to hospital was when I had to have me appendix ... removed...” She grins then even as she trails off. “and they took it out by cutting me open!” she proclaims, “This is a hospital where they do surgery!”

You slap your hand into your head, of course! Cut was in surgery! Or, at least, the place where surgeries were performed anyway. “So we hit the operating theaters then?” You ask, “I vaguely recall seeing a sign for them back there - so it's nearer than the morgue.”

“And even if it wasn't, you'd leave the morgue until last, huh?” Reimu adds, with a slight smirk, “Honestly, after some of the things that have tried to kill us, you're scared by a bunch of corpses?”

You merely glare at her while Marisa laughs.
>> No. 12527
The operating theaters, located in the floor above the accident and emergency lobby for easy access for emergency operations, was clean, white and only really accessible via a long hallway which branched off into several smaller theaters and preparation rooms. Fortunately you didn't have to search the place as the now familiar snuffling was clearly audible from the far end of the corridor, where the biggest of the theaters was situated.

“This seems... way too easy.” Reisen murmured as she followed behind you, nailgun at the ready. “We've seen, what, only the one shadow since we got here? Normally we see several when we try to go anywhere...”

“Maybe we got lucky?” Marisa murmured, “That or they've learned to fear our awesome might and are actively keeping the hell out of our way.” She shrugs, “Still, this crap would be so much easier if we had a way of detecting them other than, you know, running into 'em.”

“Oh? Maybe we could just throw stuff and see what reacts.” Reimu jokes, “Like in spy films and stuff, we throw a rock and blast whatever goes to investigate from a safe distance.” Passing a cleaning cart the brown-haired girl grabbed a container of cleaning liquid and gently tossed it down the hallway where it landed with a dull thump on the floor. “... You know,” she muttered, “It would have been pretty cool if something had come out for us to blast the-” She cut off as a wall of flame, a good meter or so high, ripped across the corridor from one of the side rooms - charring the ground, the walls, the ceiling and the cleaning fluid bottle Reimu had tossed.

“Oooh!” Marisa exclaims, “Hakurei ex Machina strikes again!” Grabbing her own bottle the blond threw it into the charred area, causing a second blast of flame to incinerate the spot. “Guess this explains why there aren't any shadows wandering around, looks like we have booby traps instead!” Taking a second bottle the girl hurled it past the charred spot, where it landed opposite another door further down - and promptly got annihilated by a wave of slashing winds that spat out of the door. “Huh... more than one too.” She mutters, “And I think they might be pressure sensitive... or sound maybe? The first one didn't react when the bottle passed through, only when it landed close to it.”

“So we could jump over the area and be safe?” You ask, “Seems kinda... dangerous.”

“If we could get to whatever is actually firing we could probably smash it up to make it safe, but we'd have to be going through the walls - and that would take time and probably draw attention.” Reisen states, “Or I think these hospitals have hollow ceilings for venting and such, we could probably crawl through them but... it wouldn't take a lot of weight, and unless we can find a ladder it'll probably take two of us to boost the others up there - we'd be safe, but only three of us could go I think.”



[ ] Try jumping the trigger areas
[ ] Bust through the walls, smash shit up
[ ] Climb through the venting system!
[ ] Make another plan

So yeah, Skittles on it's own wouldn't have slowed me too much - but skittles and P4? (AND Megaten Online?) yeah... slowdown occured.

As to where i am in P4 i'm off to rescue Rise~ Tofu Idol~
>> No. 12528
ooh, heck, yeah. forgot to put status in that update.

Party status - 75%
>> No. 12534
>At that cry of fear and pain you feel something twitch within you. “Compassion” it whispers, the voice of your persona, It's voice seems to come from somewhere deep inside, “Without it justice is simply revenge” Something, some feeling, makes you raise you hand and hold it outstretched towards the elephant-like shadow. “show your compassion with the old power”
>whatever had just spoken to you was older than your persona and far more powerful
>Zan

Looks like our next persona is going to be Siki. Fuck yes almighty-elemental damage.

[x] Split up.
[x] Climb through the venting system!
- [x] Yukari
- [x] Reisen
- [x] Reimu
[x] Bust through the walls, smash shit up
- [x] Marisa
- [x] Letty
[x] Make a crack about Letty being to heavy to climb through the vents.

Let's use our strengths people. Marisa and Letty are crowd-clearers, and in fact would probably do better without us getting in the way of their spell-slinging. Reisen has her (almost silent) nailgun for range and Yukari with her melee are going to attract a lot less attention, and would be the best for sneaking. Reimu to heal us in case we set off a trap on accident.

With luck we'll be able to sneak up on the Big Bad from behind, as it will be attracted to the noise from Marisa and Letty. And we do need those traps destroyed so our escape path is clear in the event we need to retreat.
>> No. 12536
[x] Split up.
[x] Climb through the venting system!
- [x] Yukari
- [x] Reisen
- [x] Reimu
[x] Bust through the walls, smash shit up
- [x] Marisa
- [x] Letty
[x] Make a crack about Letty being to heavy to climb through the vents.

Mighty seconding.
>> No. 12539
Before all that, maybe we should try throwing one of our attacking gems in there at an angle? We might be able to catch something if the blast is big enough.

Hell, we could always find something relatively explosive and hurl it into the range of the fire trap; it might cause enough of a blast to fuck up some Shadows.
>> No. 12562
>[x] Bust through the walls, smash shit up

For some reason I'm given the mental image of a rotund Letty smashing through a wall Kool-Aid Man style.
>> No. 12565
[x] Try jumping the trigger areas

for bad end lulz
>> No. 12582
[x] Split up.
[x] Climb through the venting system!
- [x] Yukari
- [x] Reisen
- [x] Marisa
[x] Bust through the walls, smash shit up
- [x] Reimu
- [x] Letty
[x] Make a crack about Letty being to heavy to climb through the vents.

Reimu's the one with all the phys skills, she'll probably have an easier time smashing holes through drywall.
>> No. 12603
Question to the Shin Megami Tensai fans in the thread: how different is normal Persona 3 from the FES version? One of my goals for the winter vacation is to blitz some games I've had in queue for a while, so after Valkyria Chronicles I plan on P3; however, I have P3 and P3:FES, as well as the DoubleJump strategy guide for P3 (so much love for doublejump). If I follow a guide for P3, am I gimping my FES experience or not?
>> No. 12621
>>12603

There are a couple extra Personas, Aigis and Elizabeth are datable, and some of the cutscenes were changed around. This includes Social Link cutscenes, because in FES you can meet the Hermit Social Link in person, which you couldn't do in the original version.

I don't know how it impacts things like the Max Social Link Guide, though.
>> No. 12622
[x] Split up.
[x] Climb through the venting system!
- [x] Yukari
- [x] Reisen
- [x] Marisa
[x] Bust through the walls, smash shit up
- [x] Reimu
- [x] Letty
[x] Make a crack about Letty being to heavy to climb through the vents.
>> No. 12666
[x] Split up.
[x] Climb through the venting system!
- [x] Yukari
- [x] Reisen
- [x] Marisa
[x] Bust through the walls, smash shit up
- [x] Reimu
- [x] Letty
[x] Make a crack about Letty being to heavy to climb through the vents.
>> No. 12668
>>12621

FES has also got the epilogue to the main story in the form of "The Answer," don't forget.

If you've got both FES and the regular P3 then just play FES, because it's an enhanced version of P3.
>> No. 12677
>>12621
>Aigis and Elizabeth are datable

You know what? I think I will enjoy playing the whole game again.

And another thing, I'm finally going to get P4. Not buying, though I'd like to have the real thing. Just a questions to AD and anyone else playing it, did you guys download it? I searched mininova, and I found this undubed version of the game, and original VAs with subs is what I consider the ideal thing, but I'm not sure if I should invest time ond ownloading this one. I mean, what if itsn't translated too? What if the real game has both voice-overs?
>> No. 12679
>>12677
Buy iiiiiiiiiit.

P4's dubs are amazing, like P3.
>> No. 12680
>>12677
just buy it, it's $39 retail
>> No. 12685
>>12680

Dollars are expensive, paying that much would break me. I rarely buy games, only when it's at most 20 bucks (keep in mind that my country's currency is cheaper than US$, so $20 is almost 50 to me).
>> No. 12692
>>12677
>>12685

It's not rare, it doesn't have bullshit DRM, pirating it would be a dick move in this case. If you can't pony up the 40USD, you can safely wait until it's available used; I keep seeing Persona 3 and Devil Summoner available like that.
>> No. 12721
>>12677
As >>12692 says, with no DRM pirating would be a dick move (if you're in the US anyway, anywhere else... go for it, if the fuckers can't learn to release shit worldwide at the same goddamn time then they deserve to suffer... also, why the fuck are Square-Enix releasing it in europe instead of Atlus? for fucks sake... If it's unchanged i'll still buy a copy though)

I may get the undub version to listen to the original voices (Paku Romi as Naoto... is about the only one i care about though, heh) but the english dub is pretty good. Teddie, especially, is bloody brilliant to my ears.

For those curious, the date i'm on is 11/5 - if you're that far you should know which dungeon i'm likely to be in.
>> No. 12722
“Looks like we'll have to split up,” You murmur, looking down the corridor. “I don't like the idea of trying to do anything stupid like jump past them, and making our way bit by bit would take too long.” Frowning you glance over at everyone, “That and I don't think I want them to know we're coming if possible - we still don't know how smart shadows are, but I get the feeling that if they're setting traps then they're at least smart enough to take advantage of them.”

You pause and bite your lip for a moment in thought, “I also don't want these things in our way if we have to make a run for it...” Looking up you fix your gaze on Marisa and Letty. “You two will have to stay behind then,” you state firmly, “Out of all of us I think only you two have the raw power to break through these walls in order to take out the booby traps.”

Marisa glares at you, “But I want to be out there kicking ass!” she whines, “Playing clean up isn't awesome at all!”

“No,” you state, “But it is important.” The girl looks at you in disbelief, “We all have something we can do for the group - in your case it happens to be pure firepower. I don't know what we're going to face here, probably a prison and it's guards, but I do know that we need an escape route that isn't going to kill us and that's something only you and Letty can make right now.”

“Don't worry Marisa,” Letty murmurs, “If we finish quick enough then you can bust in and save everyone at the last moment.”

“Really?” The blond girl looks up at Letty in awe for a moment before turning back to you, a look of glee on her face, “Awesome! Hero of the hour Marisa!” She grins and sweeps her gaze over you, Reisen and Reimu. “You three go get yourselves into plenty of trouble you hear! Don't worry 'cuz I'll save you like you've never been saved before!”

“Right...” Reimu gives her friend a flat glare. “We'll... keep that in mind. Now, give me a hand up - if you would be so kind?”


“I can't believe she'd be so happy about us getting beaten up!” Reisen hisses from her position behind you and Reimu. “Doesn't she have any tact at all?”

“She's just sort of... Enthusiastic is all.” Replies the brunette, “She's smart and logical, but that side of her always seems to be at war with whichever spark makes her love anything awesome.” Giggling slightly she continues, “I've known her for years - did you know when we were young she decided she wanted to be my knight in shining armor?”

“Huh?” You smirk as you crawl forwards, “Can't say I'm surprised really, what happened then?”

“Nothing much,” Reimu replies, “But as long as I can remember she's been like that though... she stopped suddenly back when her mother left, it's only since we stumbled in to the Second Days that she's started up again.”

“Oh...” You pause at you hear a snuffling from below, “Hey, quiet - I think we're there!” you hiss, then crawl sideways slightly so that you and Reimu can carefully pry up one of the ceiling tiles and slide it slightly to one side to look into the room below. As you had guessed there's an elephant-like prison shadow wandering aimlessly around below seemingly alone. Not willing to risk sticking your head into the room you peer to the left and right as far as you can - still nothing.

“I don't like this,” Reisen whispers, “It looks far too easy.”


[ ] Plan of action

Next post will have to be a new thread i guess.
>> No. 12726
[x] Chuck a white and then (if necessary) a green gem at the elephant; they're no good to you if you don't learn what they do.
[x] If that fails, have Reisen fill it full of nails.
>> No. 12728
[x] "Anybody have a mirror?"
[x] Makeshift periscope.

[x] Failing that, rely on Marisa's and Letty's trap dismantling to draw out whatever may be lying in wait, then blast them from behind.
>> No. 12749
[x] "Anybody have a mirror?"
[x] Makeshift periscope.
[x] Failing that, chuck a white and then (if necessary) a green gem at the elephant; they're no good to you if you don't learn what they do
>> No. 12753
Merry Christmas, AD!
>> No. 12880
[x] "Anybody have a mirror?"
[x] Makeshift periscope.
[x] Failing that, rely on Marisa's and Letty's trap dismantling to draw out whatever may be lying in wait, then blast them from behind.
>> No. 12884
[x] "Anybody have a mirror?"
[x] Makeshift periscope.
[x] Failing that, rely on Marisa's and Letty's trap dismantling to draw out whatever may be lying in wait, then blast them from behind.