[Return]
Archived Thread

File 122644380592.jpg - (42.23KB , 390x585 , Rinnosuke.jpg ) [iqdb]
9757 No. 9757
Break the door down? Sure! While we're at it why don't we mug the owner and take his stuff, eh Cirno? Really this girl is the hight of bad manners, you hardly can allow her to go through with this. Judging by the battered door frame and the scorched "Kourindou's" sign this guy probably see this happen quite a lot, but you'd rather give him a break this time. She's already getting ready to do something, the temperature is already dropping around her as frost begins to creep it's way up the grass at her feet, in her hand she seems to be holding what looks like a tiny blizzard.

You give Wriggle a quick glance, she nods and lets go of your hand so you boldly walk past the rambunctious fairy and step up to the door. You can feel her intensely cold aura on your back even as you rap quickly on the pale wooden door.

"No need to lose our COOL, Cirno. Let's just knock first."
"Ack!"

You don't need to look back to see her reaction, already the cold is fading away and you're rewarded with a chorus of giggles from the others, you allow yourself a victorious grin.

"No answer?"

Assembling around you Wriggle points out the obvious, you give the door another knock but your hand just pushes the door inwards revealing the shady interior.

"See, it was open already. After you ladies."

Like a true gentleman you hold the door open for them and let them go in first, Cirno just gives you a haughty little toss of her head but Wriggle does give you a rather cute curtsy with her cape.

"Please excuse us!"

In unison they announce their presence loudly breaking the peace of the silent store, then spread out and begin rifling through the stock with no care for anything fragile looking. You're surprised to see Wriggle and Mystia act so roughly with the things they grab and show to the others, but you trust them more than the other two.

Setting the sack down by the door you venture inside, it smells of dust and brewing tea in here and there's no sign of the owner, so you decide to browse the wall to wall shelves for a bit.

It's odd, anything from your world has collected a lot of dust like it's been undisturbed for a long time, a pile of languishing dreamcasts catches your eye, but anything that might of come from Gensokyo looks like it's been taken care of. A couple of glass display cases in the center of the room are filled with trinkets, almost antique items of precious value such as rings and other jewelry or heavy looking tombs covered in esoteric writing.

At the back of the room, behind a plain wooden counter with an old mechanical cash register, are a hooks and racks covered in weapons instead of shelves. You suppose it makes sense, don't want them at hand should anyone try to use them against the shop owner, but considering this is a world where your average girl can fly and probably twist a metal bar into a pretzel does it really make a difference?

Looking more closely you're impressed by the collection and the diversity; there's ornate spears with bamboo shafts stacked along side halberds that bristle with spikes and blades, a heavy wooden club studded with stone chunks hangs next to a wicked looking katana with a flower patterned scabbard, dainty ceremonial rapiers are shoulder to shoulder with brutal and efficient looking long swords and there's even a few old flintlock pistols made from exotic woods with gleaming brass muzzles shaped like dragon's mouths.

But the display is dominated by a single great axe with a blade the size of your torso and a shaft easily as big as your arm and half again, a giant's weapon made of steel and dark wood. You're no expert but even you can tell that all workmanship is of the highest quality, on the axe is an engraving of a viking fighting a chimera, the viking is laughing.

"Hey, try not to break anything while your here girls."

A deep distinctly masculine voice grabs our attention, you're a little caught off guard because the only man's voice you're used to hearing is your own, the speaker has a nice rich timbre to him.

"Kourin!"
"....my name is Rinnosuke."

Ducking under a curtain that leads to the rest of the house, a man with a shock of white hair enters the room carrying a steaming cup of tea. Immediately the girls scramble around the counter to greet him, he's easily the tallest person you've seen in Gensokyo and towers over them by quite a bit.

Moving past the counter he goes to greet the girls in turn, despite his warning he's got a rather fond look on his thin face as he reaches down to ruffle a few heads. He moves with quite a bit of grace for a man his height, the blue and black robe he's wearing flowing behind him as he goes, it's ever so slightly open at the front giving you a peek at a well toned body underneath. You had thought by he way the girls had been acting that they took pleasure in tormenting this man, but by the look of things he's quite popular with them.

A pair of topaz eyes turn from his little cluster of fans and look to you, curiosity is written across his expression and he smiles ever so slightly.

"Hello there."

=======

Greeting:

[ ] WOOHOO HOT GUY (yanakira?)

[ ] "Hi, sorry for the intrusion but the door was open."

[ ] "Just so you know....they're with me."

Other:

[ ] "Nice axe."

[ ] "So, how do you get any business out here?"

[ ] "What's up with your door?"

[ ] Nothing

~~~~~~~~~

Sorry about delays, like many others things are starting to get busy around here for me again. Plus this post took three attempts, once I lost it and the second time I re-wrote it. Have fun with everyone's favorite shop keeper!

>> No. 9759
[ ] "Hi, sorry for the intrusion but the door was open."
[ ] "Nice axe."

>You're no expert but even you can tell that all workmanship is of the highest quality, on the axe is an engraving of a viking fighting a chimera, the viking is laughing.

Dorfs~
>> No. 9760
>Really this girl is the hight of bad manners
>hight
>"Hey, try not to break anything while your here girls."
>your

Needs more spellcheck

[x] WOOHOO HOT GUY (Yaranaika?)
[x] "Nice axe."
>> No. 9761
File 122644524611.gif - (16.42KB , 300x300 , _homo.gif ) [iqdb]
9761
[x] UHO! HOT GUY (yaranaika?)
[x] "Nice ass."

Rinnosuke route go!
>> No. 9762
☑ "Hi, sorry for the intrusion but the door was open."
☑ "What's up with your door?"
>> No. 9763
[ ] "Hi, sorry for the intrusion but the door was open."
[ ] "Nice axe."
>> No. 9764
[x] "Hi, sorry for the intrusion but the door was open."
[x] "Nice axe."
>> No. 9765
[x] "Hi, sorry for the intrusion but the door was open."
[x] "Nice axe."

I'd rather not hit on Rinnosuke.
>> No. 9766
[z] "Hi, sorry for the intrusion but the door was open."
[z] "Nice axe."

Apologizin and axe complimentin gaems.
>> No. 9767
[x] "Hi, sorry for the intrusion but the door was open."
[x] "Nice axe."
>> No. 9768
File 12264462569.jpg - (9.75KB , 193x193 , 1183905619143.jpg ) [iqdb]
9768
>a pile of languishing dreamcasts catches your eye
Why must you always do these things?
[x] UHO! HOT GUY (yaranaika?)
[x] "Nice ass."
>> No. 9769
[sorry] "Hi, sorry for the intrusion but the door was open."
[not gay] "Nice axe."
>> No. 9770
[x] "Hi, sorry for the intrusion but the door was open."
[x] "Nice axe."
>> No. 9771
>>9768
I'm not a console player, but wasn't the dreamcast crap?

[x] "Hi, sorry for the intrusion but the door was open."
[x] "Nice axe."
>> No. 9772
>>9771
>I'm not a console player, but wasn't the dreamcast crap?

ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 9773
[x] "Hi, sorry for the intrusion but the door was open."
[x] "Nice axe."

>a viking fighting a chimera, the viking is laughing.

Nice.
>> No. 9774
[x] "Hi, sorry for the intrusion but the door was open."
[x] "Nice axe."
>> No. 9775
[!/] "Hi, sorry for the intrusion but the door was open."
[!/] "Nice axe."
>> No. 9780
[x] "Hi, sorry for the intrusion but the door was open."
[x] "Nice axe."
>> No. 9781
[X] "Hi, sorry for the intrusion but the door was open."
[X] "Nice axe."

>You're no expert but even you can tell that all workmanship is of the highest quality, on the axe is an engraving of a viking fighting a chimera, the viking is laughing.

I'm now fully expecting there to be elephants and goblins attacking the human village, while everything burns in SDM because the fairy maids just don't understand what fire is...
Welcome to fucking Boatmurdered
>> No. 9782
>>9781

>Welcome to fucking Boatmurdered

That was pure terror. Dwarves on fire killing dwarves.
>> No. 9788
[ODIN] "Hi, sorry for the intrusion but the door was open."
[ODIN] "Nice axe."

I see what u did thar.
>> No. 9790
[x] "Hi, sorry for the intrusion but the door was open."
[x] "Nice axe."
The axe menaces with troll bone spikes.
>> No. 9792
File 122650731451.jpg - (151.23KB , 600x529 , 231a4234b670736be7d0660170ba0f5f.jpg ) [iqdb]
9792
[x] UHO! HOT GUY (yaranaika?)
[x] "Nice ass."

Do it faggots
>> No. 9800
The next update may take some time coming due to to two things.

Firstly I'm a little busier than usual this week and can't afford to spend all my nights writing as I'd like to, university has me coming and going a lot more for the next two weeks.

Secondly the next couple of scenes will be important ones that I don't want to just chuck out while tired or leave to be voted on all night, I'd like to do a string of posting if I can.

All this means is, big updates on Saturday and small to none week days. Depending on how my schedule changes again.
>> No. 9813
>>9800

You can take as much time as you need, man.

So long as you continue to give us status updates.
>> No. 9814
>>9792
I think it's precisely because we aren't faggots that we aren't voting for that.
>> No. 9835
>Have fun with everyone's favorite shop keeper!
for fun,we need something diferent to the other stories...
[x] UHO! HOT GUY (yaranaika?)
[x] "Nice axe."
>> No. 9838
>>9835
>for fun,we need something diferent to the other stories...
The amount of fail in this post is so great as to be nearly incalculable. Also, British English FAIL.
>> No. 9846
>>9838
>Also, British English FAIL.

What?
>> No. 9847
>>9846
He hates Britannia
>> No. 9849
[X] UHO! HOT GUY (Yaranai ka?)
[X] "Nice ass."

Shopkeepers need love, too. And no shanking the poor guy, we haven't got a TARDIS to fix him with this time.
>> No. 9856
[x] "Hi, sorry for the intrusion but the door was open."
[x] "Nice axe."

>>9846
>>9847
Nope, don't hate Britannia. But I do think most of the linguistic differences are dumb.
>we need something diferent to the other stories
It's that "to." In my experience, American English uses "than" (or "from") in such cases, whereas British English uses "to," for weird and unknown reasons. Or maybe that's just some of them doing it wrong, like "Let me axe you a question" or "Eck cetera."
Also you reminded me that I forgot to vote. Thank you.
>> No. 9866
>big updates on Saturday
>> No. 9878
File 122680844958.png - (5.98KB , 415x193 , 1222580403954.png ) [iqdb]
9878
>>9866
>> No. 9896
>>9866
Sorry, I really thought I would but I stayed up all night on Friday playing Fallout one as a total pacifist character. I couldn't save properly you see, if I quit the game I'd lose saves even though they worked if I didn't quit, so I just kept playing.

Anyway, the result was that my hours of sleep got royally fucked and so I didn't update. Now I'm trying to compensate for my odd hours by not sleeping when I feel tired, but rather when it reaches my normal time for bed. I have to be up Monday morning you see and if I go to bed now I'll just wake up at night and have to sleep during the daylight again. So I'm staying up for now.

I'm not going to write today, which is pissing me off because I do genuinely want to, because I'm far too tired to try being creative. I should be able to update some time this week, my rehearsals are over and I'm on call now so I should get some free time.
>> No. 9951
Updates?
>> No. 9960
Scorn you Nigger, update.
>> No. 9961
>>9960


Sorry guys I really should, shouldn't I?

Well, you'll be glad to know that I've no more lessons after Monday so I'll be free to play with you~
>> No. 9971
>>9961
Yaaay!
Let's play hide and seek, I love hide and seek
>> No. 10014
ALMOST MONDAY, SCORN MAH BOI

ARE YOU READY? CUZ I AM
>> No. 10038
File 122756425231.jpg - (36.70KB , 350x400 , 1208889136954.jpg ) [iqdb]
10038
Wow, he has nice strong arms.

Where did THAT come from? For a brief moment you couldn't help but find this man very attractive, almost unsettlingly so, but what the hell? I mean, sure he's not bad looking for another man and you're not so insecure as to be unable to appreciate another man's physical appearance. But that was a little..... too much appreciation. Maybe you're picking up on some kind of homo-erotic vibe from this guy? No, now you're just being paranoid.

Oh crap, everyone is looking at you. Act casual.

"Hi," Good start, a nice even tone! "I hope you don't mind us intruding, the door was open."
"That's fine," He says brushing it off with a gentle wave of his hand. "My mind was somewhere else entirely just now so I didn't hear you come in. I'm not much of a shop owner I suppose, I'm used to people simply barging in and taking what they want without paying."
"Yeah, I kind of noticed." You say sympathetically, recalling the burn marks around the door.
"I can imagine, a certain young lady of my acquaintance who frequents my humble store has a habit of simply blasting my door to splinter rather than knock." He chuckles slightly, half derisively. "I suppose I'm just inured to it by now."

Despite his bitter smile he stands with a rather slumped form now, his shoulders rolled forward and his head slightly down cast. Really, what kind of person would break and enter, rob the place and still claim to be a friend?

"Hey, Kourin!"
A tugging on his sleeve draws the shop keeper's attention to Wriggle who has a handful of his robe in her grasp, looking up at him she beams then runs over to you.
"We got you something really good this time, so make sure you give us a lot. Okay?"
"I see, that's why you girls are here."
"Oh, that's right!" Remembering the sack you head over to the door, pick it up and place it upon the counter for Rinnosuke to look over. "Here, maybe you can use some of these. Hope you needed batteries!"

Curiosity evident on his face Rinnosuke breaks away from the gaggle of girls at his feet and steps over to look over what you've brought him, he spends a few minutes appraising your finds before looking up with a brighter smile, fondly he looks over at the girls who watch him intently.

"This is pretty impressive," He starts encouragingly. "It's hard to get repeat custom when everything I sell will stop working after a few hours, batteries are always in high demand but there's never enough to go around."
Setting the sack to one side for now he reaches under the counter and pulls out a small device with a LCD screen with a sigh, it looks like a GPS navigator.
"I just wish they'd stop making things with an internal cell, I don't have the facilities to recharge them here so they're effectively worthless."
"I'm not sure if that thing would work here anyway, I doubt any of the satellites are over Gensokyo and even if they were I don't think they'd have it in the map database."

All present fall quiet and stare blankly at you once more, even Rinnosuke's sharp yellow eyes seem a bit hazy as they watch you like you've just said something in an alien language. Slowly, you can see as the light of realization dawns on him.

"Not to be rude, but who are you by the way?"
"Sorry, did I not introduce myself? I'm David, David Lee Roth."
You extend a hand and he shakes it firmly in his.

What soft hands.

NO! Bad gay thoughts!

"Nice to meet you Mr Rinnosuke."
"Likewise, just Rinnosuke is fine."
Letting go of your hand he regards you curiously for a moment, his hand going to his mouth as he rest his elbow in the palm of the other.
"Forgive my asking, but you're an outsider, no? What are you doing in Gensokyo?"
"Heh, if I knew the answer I'd tell you. But as things stand, all I can remember is waking up in the forest a few days ago. Everything before then is a total blank, but I admit I haven't really tried to recall anything to be honest."

Is it really that obvious that you're from outside the border? But then again, you do look and behave very differently to most of the people you've met here. Still, you didn't realize it was that pronounced.

"So when are you gonna reward us for all our hard work?" Impatiently Cirno floats up to eye level with the two of you and glares at Rinnosuke, really someone should teach her some manners. Darting a hand out Mystia grabs her by the hem of her dress and pulls her back down with a few harsh words.
"Don't be so rude! You didn't ask nicely, I wouldn't blame him if he didn't give you any now."
"When are you gonna give us our reward, PLEASE."

With that Cirno sticks her tongue out at her friend and pulls her dress away, this seems to anger Mystia who steps forward threateningly but Rinnosuke steps in before things can get out of hand with a placating gesture to both of them.

"Okay calm down, let's step into the kitchen shall we?" Gently he herds them through the flimsy curtain that separates the store from the house, then turns to you as he picks up his seemingly forgotten tea cup.

"Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?"

--------------------

Rinnosuke's kitchen is a shocking contrast to his shop front, a wide window let's light flood into the room which is actually pretty tidy and clean, the girls have draped themselves over the polished white surfaces as they devour their treats with fervor, save for Wriggle who sits demurely at the simple wooden table with Rinnosuke and yourself as the three of you enjoy your tea.

The kitchen is comfortably warm after those mist drenched plains, the weak sunlight through the leaves and the kitchen stove fill the room with a delicious heat that relaxes you. The smell of tea that you caught whiff of earlier came from in here, there's a number of little glass pots containing all varieties of tea lined up against one wall which give off a pleasant aroma.

You take a sip of your tea, you're no expert when it comes to this stuff but you're glad it's not got that dry after taste you usually get with black tea.

"I was looking at your weapon collection earlier, nice axe."
You're not really sure what to talk about, but that one item did catch your attention so it's a good a subject as any.
"Yes, it's an impressive piece isn't it? The last owner was some kind of warrior-poet from some where in Europe. It's enchanted to return to the wielder's hand when thrown and despite the massive size it's relatively light and easy to handle."
"Magic again?"
"Precisely."

He's getting pretty animated as he talks, looks like he's really into this subject for some reason. Makes sense you suppose, you wouldn't run a jun- an antique store if you didn't enjoy the work. Wriggle on the other hand looks a litter underwhelmed by your discussion and stares at her tea with disinterest, this probably isn't what she had in mind for a day out with you.

"My supplier," Rinnosuke continues, being oddly careful with the word supplier. "has been sending me a series of weapons with a western origin recently. Only the axe has arrived so far but I'm expecting a set of knives, a whip, a spear and some kind of rifle."

You're not really paying attention to him anymore, you're facing him but your eyes are on Wriggle who looks wistfully out the window resting her cheek on one hand. You hear her let out a tiny sigh that parts her pink lips softly.

"Say,"
Rinnosuke's voice grabs your attention once more so you take a big gulp of tea to hide the fact you weren't paying attention.

"Would you like to try it out? The axe I mean, I've yet to actually see it in action. With the enchantments on it I'm sure you're more than capable of lifting it, what do you say? We'll take it out side and see what you can do with it."

-----------

[ ] "Sounds like a plan my friend."

[ ] Decline, but take Wriggle outside anyway.

[ ] Decline, stay here and drink tea like a real man.
>> No. 10039
[X] "Sounds like a plan my friend."
Obviously this will lead us to taking Wriggle outside too.

Right?
>> No. 10040
>>10039
Yeah, if that wasn't clear already.

What, did you think Wriggle would pass up the chance to gawk at David as he flexes his muscles?
>> No. 10041
[X] Accept, but finish your tea first.

I fucking love tea
>> No. 10042
{X} "Sounds like a plan my friend."
>> No. 10048
[X] "Sounds like a plan my friend."
>> No. 10049
[X] Go outside, take Wriggle, try the axe while drinking the tea.

David GAR+1.
>> No. 10050
[X] "Sounds like a plan my friend."

Hell yes, it's battle-axin' time.

Can we test on a broken amp?
>> No. 10051
[X] "Sounds like a plan my friend."
>> No. 10052
[x] "Sounds like a plan my friend."

>I'm expecting a set of knives, a whip, a spear and some kind of rifle.

I see what you did there.
>> No. 10053
[!/] "Sounds like a plan my friend."

>I'm expecting a set of knives, a whip, a spear and some kind of rifle.

Nanaya, Belmont, Ku-Chan, and Snake?
>> No. 10054
File 122757681189.png - (33.43KB , 1600x1200 , yaranaika.png ) [iqdb]
10054
[x] "Hey, I have a better idea. Let's rub our fat cocks together."
[x] "Maybe use a little oil?"
>> No. 10057
[X] "Sounds like a plan my friend."

Ah, men. Enjoying their manliness.
>> No. 10058
File 122758230427.jpg - (137.40KB , 457x600 , 1227410468854.jpg ) [iqdb]
10058
>>10057>>10054
>> No. 10060
File 122758947950.jpg - (51.85KB , 704x400 , 1227530822488.jpg ) [iqdb]
10060
>> No. 10061
[x] "Sounds like a plan my friend."
>> No. 10067
[x] "Sounds like a plan my friend."
[x] Tomahawke Sign: Rose Petal Retourne
>> No. 10082
You know, Scorn, maybe you should name the threads according to their number? Like how every other writefag does?
>> No. 10084
>>10082

What are you, new? He lost count forever ago.
>> No. 10087
>>10084
This is thread 16, not counting the 5 Rex threads.
>> No. 10088
File 122766851777.jpg - (63.44KB , 500x500 , 1226419720958.jpg ) [iqdb]
10088
>>10082
I'm afraid it's as >>10084 said, I didn't start labeling them to begin with so it didn't take long to loose count of them. But now I know we're at thread 16 I'll try to remember to do it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why not? It'll be a good laugh after all, even if you've never so much as lifted a wood axe let alone something like the beast behind the counter. Besides which you're sure Wriggle would rather be outside doing something fun rather than listening to the two of you make idle chit chat, you wonder why she didn't choose to sit with her friends?

Draining the last of your tea gratefully, enjoying the warming sensation as it slides down your throat, then give Rinnosuke a thumbs up.

"Sounds like a plan, my friend."
"Ehh? Really?"
Wriggle gives you a look a mild surprise at your words, a ripple of interest passes through the rest of the group as they turn from their sweets to you and a babble of discussion breaks out.
"What's going on?"
"That axe? No way!"
"How's he suppose to lift it?"
"Bet you he can't!"
"Bet you he can!"

A impromptu wager begins between Cirno and Mystia over whether or not you can even lift it, sounds like Cirno wasn't even listening before she made her bet though, still you can't back down now that they've made a slight against you. Rinnosuke stifles a small chuckle behind the hem of his sleeve while Wriggle looks at you with concern.

"Are you sure about this?"
"Hey, if it was dangerous then Rinnosuke wouldn't let me do it. Right?"
"...."

The shop keeper's silence makes you raise an eyebrow in question to him, it is safe right? Hesitantly he begins to respond, picking his words carefully.

"Well, I'm more than half certain that you'll be fine. So that's pretty much a guarantee it's safe, sort of..."
"I don't like the sound of that...."

With her usual bluster Cirno stomps over to the table and grabs your arm, trying to tug you out of your seat.
"Come on! You can't back out now!"
"But he-!"
"He'll be split in two like an old tree~."

Wriggle's protest is cut short by Rumia, whose small, quiet voice some how carries above the din. Smiling with a face shining with innocence and wickedness, she sits upon the counter kicking her legs playfully. Her words are followed by a deep hush, she didn't speak in her usual tone of voice but rather in that ominous tone that some times rises to the surface. For some reason though, it just incites you more than it discourages you, standing up firmly and placing your hands upon the table you look Rinnosuke right in the eye.

"Get it down, I'll be outside."
"David....."
Wriggle's gentle voice barely reaches your ears as you stride purposefully out the back door.


------------

The back of Kourindou's is little better than the front, the piles of half forgotten items from the outside world are ever present even here and although there's less of them they're also considerably less organized. An old rusted washing machine dominates the center of the clearing while the trees of the forest loom over, as if they were trying to reclaim this pocket for themselves once more.

"You're sure about this?"

Even Rinnosuke, who brought up the idea in the first place, now acts with caution and asks you for the tenth time if you still want to go through with this, even as he hands you the behemoth. You've calmed down a bit, but you're still dead set on this. Maybe this will be what shuts Rumia up, once and for all.

"I'm sure, give it to me."

The girls stand at a safe distance by the wall of the house, Cirno and Mystia look on with anticipation ready to hand over their share of sweets to one or the other depending on if you can lift the axe or not, Wriggle looks nervous but you can't help but detect a flutter of admiration from her as well as she encourages you silently with her eyes. Rumia, however, leans casually against the back wall tying to give an impression of disinterest, but not once does her gaze stray from you.

"Alright, I'm sure things will be fine."

With that he hefts the bulky thing up and passes it to your waiting hands, you buckle slightly almost dropping it, Mystia gasps audibly to your right, but you manage to keep a hold of it. Even with whatever magic is has worked on it, the weight is considerable to the point of being a strain, you shudder to think of what it's real weight would be like. Shifting it in your hands to get a better grip, you slide your right hand just under the head and move the left to counter balance further down the haft, both these spots have a slightly rougher texture for grip here. Trying to get a feel for it, you give a few slow experimental sweeps, where ever you move it you can hear the air being quietly torn behind.

"Pay up Cirno!"
"Rats..."

Looks like Mystia was backing you so she just won the bet, but that doesn't really interest you right now. Despite yourself, your mouth has gone dry and your palms slick with a fine layer of sweat, even your heart is beating slightly faster. Trying not to show your nerves to anyone, you glance at Rinnosuke.

"So what do I do now?"
"Just, throw it." He mimes the gesture with a sweep of his hands. "It'll come back to you after a while, then you catch it."

You give him a nod, then look in front of you, where would make a good target? Spotting a dead tree a few meters away from you and fairly wide from the house, you make that your bullseye and set your feet apart ready to throw.

Winding the blade back behind you, curling your torso around to make use of every muscle you can, you brace your arms and lean back a little. Everything in your body is a coiled spring, storing all the energy it can until told to release, it takes a lot of effort to even hold the axe steady and off the ground but some how you manage to do so even ontop of everything else.

Then, with all your might, you swing the mighty blade forward and let it fly from your hands.

It's all done in one ponderous moment, as if time seems to slow down, first you step forward onto your left foot and then as you do so every muscle twangs in tandem to pull and turn until all the momentum lies on your greatest extremity, the focal point on the axe. Your shoulders scream in protest, but by the time you've even noticed you've already let it fly and a great wave of relief passes through you.

Time suddenly snaps back into shape, as soon as it left your fingers the axe went wheeling away with frightening speed and a deep whooping sound. As it flies the blade shines brightly as it catches the light, flashing brilliantly as if it were lit by it's own source.

Head over haft it sails through the air cleanly, not even the slightest wobble in it's flight and right on target. Even if it missed you'd be happy with being able to throw it at all, but to your great satisfaction it sheers through a thick dead limb like paper then continues to fly into the distance.

A ragged cheer rises from Mystia and Wriggle so you glance at them, they grabbed a hold of each other at some point because now they're jumping up and down hand in hand with their cheer. Cirno looks suitably impressed and nods her head with arms folded as if she expected this from the beginning, Rinnosuke merely adjusts his glasses but with a self indulgent smile.

But Rumia, just watches you with a cruel smirk on her face.
>> No. 10089
You see the axe reach the apex of it's flight.

Like a boomerang it curves in the air and begins to wing it's way back towards you.

It's right on course, aimed directly at you making that deadly noise with every rotation.

"Whoomp. Whoomp."

Suddenly you're very aware of how big it is, how wide the blade and how keen the edge seems. It could easily cut you in half and still keep going just like that branch. You're terrified, why didn't you notice sooner? There's no way you could catch it, you've never done something like this before so what hope do you have of getting it right first time?

And you have to get it right first time, otherwise there won't be a second time.

Your heart hammers in your chest as if it were trying to burst out, the sounds of jubilant cheering seems like it's coming from underwater as the sound of the flying blade dominates your hearing. Every muscle in your body is charged with a sudden flush of adrenaline and you coil your body up for action once again.

You instincts tell you to jump, move out the way.

You pride tells you to catch it, to prove Rumia wrong.

Rumia, who sits there with that cruel little smirk, waiting.

Waiting for you to make the wrong move.

=====================

[ ] Jump out of the way.

[ ] Try to catch it.
>> No. 10091
[z] Try to catch it.

magic axe.
will follow you anyway.
>> No. 10092
[X] Try to catch it.

If it's made to come back to you, jumping out of the way will be useless.
>> No. 10093
I probably shouldn't say this but on the other hand I should've mentioned it during the description.

The angle it's at means it will embed in the earth before it can turn again towards you, so you can jump out the way should you wish.
>> No. 10095
[X] Try to catch it.

50%? Sounds like 100 to me!
>> No. 10096
[X] Try to catch it.

This is Gensokyo, dammit! Things happen because you think they will!
>> No. 10097
[X] Try to catch it.
>> No. 10098
[x] Try to catch it.

Magic axe is meant to be caught. It'll happen.
>> No. 10099
[X] Try to catch it.

Only manly answers will do here.
>> No. 10100
[!/] Try to catch it.
[!/] Catch it, fancily.

Rose in mouth, etc.
>> No. 10101
>"He'll be split in two like an old tree~."

[X] Catch the axe fancily; later on, pat Rumia's head and say something condescending to her.

Operant conditioning. We can teach her not to be such a brat.
>> No. 10102
[X] Try to catch it.
>> No. 10103
Called it. Writing will commence soon.
>> No. 10104
Okay can't write on an empty stomach so it'll be a little longer.
>> No. 10105
[X] Catch it with your belly button.
>> No. 10106
[x] Become ready, so that you don't have to catch it.
>> No. 10108
File 122769874250.jpg - (30.14KB , 480x299 , spider-lily.jpg ) [iqdb]
10108
Whoom. Whoom.

That slow, inexorable sound as it churns the air around it like wailing death. You can't hear anything else, can't see anything past the gleaming blade, the axe dominates your mind as it rushes towards you with deadly force. Everything else just fades into the background clearing your mind into frightful clarity, your mind on fire as it goes into overdrive.

Whoom. Whoom.

Perhaps it's a trick of your mind, but you can almost see your face reflected in the blade, eyes wide with fear and face pale. You're trembling, instinct screams and wails for you to jump. To get clear of the axe before it hits and rends your body to pieces, the mental image of you being torn apart just keeps playing over and over in your mind making it hard to think of anything else. Every moment the axe grows bigger and bigger in your eyes as it draws near with a deadly finality, looming upon you.

Whoom! Whoom!

The call to flee is overpowering, everything inside you wants to get out of the way as if it were an on coming truck. It's hard to keep yourself together enough to even stand your ground like this, let alone try to catch it, but if you don't you'll be killed for sure.

But...

If you lost your nerve now, then you'll have proven nothing and failed yourself. That's all that is keeping you standing right now, maybe it's your life at stake here but if this is what it takes to prove yourself once and for all then you'll do it. With grim determination you seize control of your body once more, with scant seconds to tackle this head on, sliding one foot back to brace yourself and spreading your hands in readiness you prepare yourself.


This is the moment, you've got to do this now you're committed. It goes deeper than proving yourself to Rumia, this is about showing you've got what it takes to survive in Gensokyo. To show to yourself that you can make it with your own two hands, without being a burden on anyone else.

Struggling with your fear, you reach within yourself upon that internal light to lend you strength, the rose is in your back pocket and you don't have time to take it out. A quick probing with your mind locates it, a scintilating bubble of red behind you, but without it touching your flesh you don't seem to be able to draw upon it. Without it gathering strength is much harder, you don't have time to access even a fraction of your potential before the moment of truth comes.

The axe fills your whole world.

It feels like you're moving through treacle, but before you know it you've got a hand reached before you ready to snatch at the haft. You feel the wood slide excruciatingly slowly into your hand.

Whoom! Whoo-.



"David!"

The grass feels cool against your back, gentle sunlight filters through the leaves of the trees as a gentle breeze plays with them. Vaguely you can hear a voice calling your name, but who ever it is they're too far away to reach you properly. A heady smell of iron and freshly tilled soil reaches your nose, you feel light headed right now for some reason, maybe you should sit up? No, you're far too tired for that now, all the strength seems to be flowing out of you and you can't summon the effort to try. You're probably better off laying here for now.

God you're so tired, cold too. You wrap your arms around you for warmth, well one arm at least, the other doesn't seem to want to move. You can barely turn your head but it's enough to look down at your right arm, it shouldn't be bent that way should it? At that gross angle pointing away from you, sharp lumps almost tearing the skin from the inside, it doesn't look like your arm except for the light blue shirt that you know is yours.

Funny, it doesn't hurt. In fact you can barely believe it's your arm. Wonder why that is?

Actually now that you think on it, your legs are really cold right now, colder than the rest of you. It's a pain to try and twist you neck into position, you can barely lift it off the grass before it flops back down weakly, all you can see is your chest in the way. Why are your legs so cold?

"David!"

That desperate voice calls to you again, closer now but also somehow more distant. You turn your head slightly, why is it so hard to move? A blurry shape tries to resolve before your eyes, but you can't seem to focus on whatever it is, something grabs your shoulders and while the warmth of the contact is nice you can barely feel it. Something wet falls onto your face, making you blink, why are your eyelids so heavy? Why are you so tired? It doesn't make any sense....

"D-david!"

Over and over the voice calls to you, the hands on your shoulders shake you gently, why is it so familiar?

"Wriggle...."

It's an effort to even say that much, something wet runs from your mouth down your chin after you part your lips. Why are you so sleepy right now...

You're supposed to be spending the day with Wriggle.....

You're not..... supposed ..... to go.....

To .... sleep.


======

Sorry I got very sidetracked before writing this, but no one was around so it doesn't seem to matter. I'll write the next part later, possibly not today. Pretty tired here.
>> No. 10109
f
>> No. 10112
No bad end for all this? Intriguing...
>> No. 10113
>>10112

We're going to see Machi-machi again, remember?
>> No. 10114
>>10113
Ohhhhh yeah... been a while.
>> No. 10118
>spider-lily.jpg

Beer Spider! You saved us!
>> No. 10119
>>10084

And exactly how does that prevent him from going counting the threads, like how we're having to?
>> No. 10120
>>10113
Only this time, let's actually CALL her Machi-machi.
>> No. 10121
The lack of BAD END was unexpected.
>> No. 10122
>>10121

As previously stated, it is Machi time now. Which is basically an interactive BAD END.
>> No. 10123
File 122774739977.jpg - (227.69KB , 701x800 , 1220223117011.jpg ) [iqdb]
10123
AWESOME/
>> No. 10124
File 122774862172.jpg - (19.33KB , 279x350 , arliss.jpg ) [iqdb]
10124
is his penis still there? no? well okay then.
>> No. 10126
File 122776099794.jpg - (396.60KB , 500x700 , a66dcd36f1329f3273defec679ae065f.jpg ) [iqdb]
10126
I was starting to miss Komachi anyway. She's my favorite character in this story.
>> No. 10130
File 122781071237.jpg - (51.58KB , 500x387 , 1456278433_6e53bd9aca.jpg ) [iqdb]
10130
The echo of shrill, girlish laughter lingers in your ears.....

The field of blood red flowers is the same as it ever was, a seemingly endless expanse of bright crimson blooms that carry no scent, a golden summer's day warm and gentle with that same azure sky unadorned by any sun. The familiar sound of water trickling over river worn stone punctuates the stillness, making this world seem all the more quiet some how.

The gnarled old tree, bleached bone white with age and heat, still huddles away from the water stretching it's brittle limbs to the sky with the same purple incandescence studded upon it like jeweled rings on the hands of a dead man.

All surrounded by the ever present black void that hangs twixt sky and earth, the horizon a ribbon of nothingness that expands beyond into somewhere your mind does not wish to attempt to conceive, just looking at it fills you with a shudder of cold even in this light filled place.

Maybe you're wrong, but you'd swear that the land has retreated before the darkness a little since you came here last. Not in the way it did before you took your leave during your previous visit, but more like that it's been slowly advancing upon this self-contained place since then. With that in mind, you want to get moving as soon as possible and you already know where to head first.

With more confidence and haste than last time, you venture once more towards the river where a certain lovely lady will hopefully be waiting for you once more, whispering apologies to the flowers as you're forced to walk all over them once more.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry."

You feel a little silly to be honest, even if they could understand you're regret about what you're forced to do something tells you that they wouldn't mind in the first place, but you'd feel worse for not saying it either way. You can't help but admire the vitality they have when they spring back into place with your passage, kind of like you really when you think about it.

Time and space are as meaningless as ever here, despite the distances seemingly involved it feels like you've reached your destination in mere moments once more, the flowers consuming your path behind you as you step out onto that sandy shoal by the tranquil river. What you're surprised to see, however, are the foot prints in the sand leading away in front of you. A quick stamp and look reveals that they are your own, the prints you left behind in your last visit here. Truly nothing changes here ever.

Following that same path you led last time it's not long before you're stood once again before a small wooden boat, with the familiar name Titanic written across the bow, complete with one snoozing woman possessing a fiery mane of red hair and an adorable, if slack jawed, expression as she snores.

"Really Komachi," You say, smiling fondly at her. "You'll catch your....death! Sleeping out here!"

It was impossible to resist, you could no more hold your tongue than you could breath the very air to live. Well, in hind sight that's probably not a very good analogy right now.

Still, despite your unbridled humor she doesn't stir but continues to saw logs before, as the saying goes. The inevitable creep of the void doesn't seem to be too much of a threat right now, but you'd rather not stick around until it was. What to do?

~~~~~~~~~~~

[ ] Attempt to return to your body now? (choose a post to go back to)

[ ] Go find that tree again?

[ ] Strike off into the void?

[ ] Wake Komachi up?

------

I expect you'll write something specific in for waking her up if that's the way you'll be voting, just don't do something like "[ ] Throw a handful of river water over her". Because, you know, river sanzustyx and all that.

You know, reading over my writing when we first did this border thing I felt that it sounded different in tone to what I've come up with recently. Maybe I'm being a little paranoid or self-derisive but I don't feel that I've really captured that calm atmosphere I had before and I don't think I like that, do recent updates feel like they've been different in tone? If they have, did you prefer how things were?

Not fishing for compliments here, just wanting to be producing something that's pleasing to read for you and something that's enjoyable to write for me.
>> No. 10131
[ ] Wake Komachi up: Rest her head in your lap and gently poke at her face.
>> No. 10132
>"You'll catch your....death! Sleeping out here!"
We've been hanging around Cirno too much.
>> No. 10133
[X] Wake Komachi up: Rest her head in your lap and gently poke at her face.
D'awwwwww
>> No. 10134
[X] Wake Komachi up: Rest her head in your lap and gently poke at her face.
>> No. 10135
[X] Wake Komachi up: Rest her head in your lap and gently poke at her face.

i support this course of action.
>> No. 10136
[X] Attempt to return to your body now? (>>10089 >>10088)

/forest/
>> No. 10137
>>10316

There's nothing wrong with talking to Komachi after we bolted the first time. She'd probably love someone to talk to with this dreary job.

[X] Wake Komachi up: Rest her head in your lap and gently poke at her face.
>> No. 10138
[X] Attempt to return to your body now.
[X] Back one choice.
[X] Try to jump out of the way.

I love Komachi dearly, but this is /forest/.
>> No. 10139
>[ ] Strike off into the void?

What was this suppoed to do again? I know the tree goes to Yuyuko, so does this means David will go to Yukari?
>> No. 10140
[x] Wake Komachi up: Rub her boobs.
>> No. 10141
{X} Attempt to return to your body now.
{X} Back one choice.

{X} Try to jump out of the way.
>> No. 10142
[X] Wake Komachi up: Rest her head in your lap and gently poke at her face.
>> No. 10144
[X] Wake Komachi up: Rest her head in your lap and gently poke at her face.
>> No. 10145
[X] Wake Komachi up: Rest her head in your lap and gently poke at her face.

This sounds lovely.
>> No. 10146
>>10137

Don't want Komachi route on /forest/. Besides, to meet her we need to reach a BAD END, and the more BAD ENDS David sees, the less land he has, and that means less continues, I'm sure of it.

>Maybe you're wrong, but you'd swear that the land has retreated before the darkness a little since you came here last.

See? That, and I don't want Komachi. It's an annoying distraction I'd rather avoid.
>> No. 10147
>>10145

You know what also sounds lovely? THEupdates..
>> No. 10148
[X] Attempt to return to your body now.
[X] Back one choice.
[X] Try to jump out of the way.
>> No. 10149
[X] Wake Komachi up: Rest her head in your lap and gently poke at her face.

Wakey-wakey, eggs n' bakey.
>> No. 10150
[X] Attempt to return to your body now.
[X] Back one choice.
[X] Try to jump out of the way.

Now I'm worried that people are gonna kill David at every possible moment just to see Komachi.
>> No. 10151
[x] Attempt to return to your body now.
[x] Back one choice.
[x] Try to jump out of the way.

Talking wouldn't hurt but I'm afraid most of you would try to go beyond talking if we take that path
>> No. 10152
[X] Wake Komachi up: Rest her head in your lap and gently poke at her face.
>> No. 10153
>>10150
>>10151
Wouldn't it make more sense to go back to >>10038 If you choose to dodge the axe, you'll be giving up in front of Rumia.
>> No. 10154
>>10153

If we do it this way though, we can make Rumia try it out afterwards to show us how it's done, followed by acting non-chalant as we rid ourselves of the bitch.

At least that's how I view it. Rumia mocks us, we tell her to go try it then, and then wham. Dead youkai. She'll revive anyways too so it isn't that bad.
>> No. 10155
[X] Wake Komachi up: Rest her head in your lap and gently poke at her face
Come on people, we aren't going for Machi-machi route or anything, but would it kill you to be a bit playful?
Oh, wait, YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD
>> No. 10156
[X] Wake Komachi up: Rub her boobs.

What could go wrong?
>> No. 10157
>>10154
Oh yes, let's give someone who would think nothing of killing us if she could get away with it a deadly magical weapon that we have seen first-hand how easy it is screw up with.
Put that thing in her hands, and I can practically guarantee you she would find some method to throw it and have it come spinning back in such a way that it would be headed straight for us, and right at the moment she would "accidentally" fail to catch it.
>> No. 10158
>>10153

Who cares?

There's a difference between cowardice and prudence. Knowing your own limitations is a type of strength as well.
>> No. 10159
[X] Wake Komachi up: Rest her head in your lap and gently poke at her face

I'd rub her boobs but that's not going to win.
>> No. 10160
>>10153

Sometimes you need to know when survival is more important than pride.
>> No. 10161
[X] Wake Komachi up: Rest her head in your lap and gently poke at her face

She's probably not sleeping because she's tired, but due to boredom. Surely, she'd enjoy a little company, no? It doesn't seem as if we're in too much of a rush.
>> No. 10162
[X] Back however many choices.
[X] Do not menrtion the axe.

There, now we don't have to get into a dick-measuring contest with a bloodthirsty youkai little girl
>> No. 10163
File 122783680957.jpg - (107.21KB , 569x834 , 1226012494524.jpg ) [iqdb]
10163
[!/] Wake Komachi up.

Real men don't die when they are killed.
>> No. 10164
File 122783737234.jpg - (394.75KB , 1063x1497 , 1204374362521.jpg ) [iqdb]
10164
[X] Wake Komachi up: Rest her head in your lap and gently poke at her face

I love Machi-machi so much ;__;
>> No. 10167
File 122785031345.jpg - (69.58KB , 777x555 , 1213917923696.jpg ) [iqdb]
10167
"This woman, really...... so lazy."

Tutting under your breath you shake your head, this is hardly any way to greet a friend is it? You have half a mind to ask to speak to her supervisor, but that would probably lead to some unwanted attention from the powers that be concerning life and death and may result in some questions you're not quite willing to answer.

With a light hop you jump into the boat with a gentle clunk, it rocks a bit in the shallows but stays steady as it sways ever so slightly in the water. Komachi still doesn't show any signs of waking, so you're left no choice but to waker her yourself.

Kneeling down you lay her head upon your lap splaying her soft hair across your thighs as she rests in the crook between your legs, despite her height and rather impressive 'build' she's quite light and rests comfortably on you. She snorts slightly but soon resumes her rhythmic snore, undisturbed by your touch. She'd look cuter nestled in your lap like this if it simply wasn't for her rather boorish snoring and the rather undignified expression on her sleeping face. She does look rather happy though, it's almost a shame to wake her.

Almost.

"Mach-Machi~ Waaaake uuuuup!"

Softly you call to her as you poke and prod her face, pinching cheeks and tickling chins to no affect other than provoking a lewd smile to spread across her face. Speaking of lewd you've got an ample view of her 'assets' from this angle, her frumpy robe open and loose giving you a find gander down. You could probably slide the folds of cloth away quite easily right now, she probably wouldn't even notice.

Ah, but would that be the 'right' thing to do? It's not sporting to expose a woman's innocence even in private without her permission, not just unsporting but down right impolite! Although you could do it anyway and lie about it......


No, no, no, no. No, David Lee Roth! You'll not take advantage of a sleeping woman.

Well maybe just a quick squeeze won't hurt....

Holding your breath, you reach out with one hand trying to move as smoothly as possible towards her bust, if your heart was here right now it'd be going a mile a minute but it's back in your body still right now. Even without a nervous system, you still somehow manage to feel nervous about this.

Just cope a quick feel....

Something soft, wonderfully soft and so pleasantly warm comes into contact with your fingers, almost afraid to look at it you peek through eyes you shut in fear. Grasped within your right hand is one perfectly proportioned Komachi breast, you can feel your fingers sinking into it ever so slightly, just touching it makes you feel like there's an electrical current running from her body up your arm and straight to your brain. Gently, ever so gently, so as not to wake her up you give it a slow squeeze in the palm of your hand. The gorgeously soft texture almost seems to melt in your hand, how can simply touching one comparatively small part of someone's body be so erotic?

Komachi seems to think so, judging by the indulgent smile spreading wider and wider as her cheeks flush a touch to the colour of her hair, she sighs happily and for a moment you freeze. Has she woken up?

If she has, she's pretending not to be awake and soon the snoring resumes, taking that as your cue you carefully withdraw your hand again. Thankful that you were given to withdraw it at all after that.

Still, she doesn't seem to want to wake up right now. Whether to save you the embarrassment of facing someone you just groped in their sleep or due to genuine tiredness you don't know, but unless you're eager to travel up the river you doubt there' much to be said beyond simple chatter.

The encroaching void is still drawing ever nearer, but not quite getting too close for comfort yet, for now your happy to allow Komachi to rest her head upon your lap.

You just wish she'd stop trying to roll over and snuggle her face between your thighs, no matter what transpired just now if she wakes up with a face full of your crotch you doubt she'll be very pleased. Plus, it's playing havoc on your unmentionables......

================


[ ] Komachi can sleep when you're dead, right now you want to talk to her

[ ] You're still interested in that tree, that butterfly was certainly very pretty last time you were here

[ ] The endless darkness calls you, compels you to enter it and be lost for all time

[ ] The border of life and death is growing smaller, time to depart from this place


-------------

Couldn't resist a little groping here, David probably won't end up with someone very 'blessed' in the 'chest' as it were so he should 'grab' any chance he gets, eh?
>> No. 10168
[ ] You're still interested in that tree, that butterfly was certainly very pretty last time you were here
>> No. 10169
[ ] Komachi can sleep when you're dead, right now you want to talk to her
>> No. 10171
[x] Komachi can sleep when you're dead, right now you want to talk to her
>> No. 10173
[ ] Komachi can sleep when you're dead, right now you want to talk to her.

You're making it hard not to futilely go for a Machi-machi route.
>> No. 10174
{X} The border of life and death is growing smaller, time to depart from this place
>> No. 10175
[x] Komachi can sleep when you're dead, right now you want to talk to her
>> No. 10176
[X] The border of life and death is growing smaller, time to depart from this place.

Come on people. Love Machi-machi, but it's time to go. Just let her sleep.
>> No. 10179
[x] Komachi can sleep when you're dead, right now you want to talk to her.

The hell with all of you trying to skip her entirely. I don't see Scorn writing another story in /border/ with this loveable version of Komachi, so when else are we going to see her?
>> No. 10184
[x] Komachi can sleep when you're dead, right now you want to talk to her.
>> No. 10185
[x] The border of life and death is growing smaller, time to depart from this place.
>> No. 10186
[x] Komachi can sleep when you're dead, right now you want to talk to her.

Groping Komachi and just heading off just seems wrong.
>> No. 10187
>You feel a little silly to be honest, even if they could understand you're regret about what you're forced to do something tells you that they wouldn't mind in the first place, but you'd feel worse for not saying it either way.

David is such a sweetheart.

I love the continue system in this story, Scorn. The encroaching oblivion bit is just enough pressure to make you want to avoid further deaths, while still allowing for exploration while you're there.

[x] Get a clue Komachi can sleep when you're dead, right now you want to talk to her

I recognize a plot device when I see one, and an abrupt two-choice BAD END demands we get all the hints out of her we can.

>A quick probing with your mind locates it, a scintilating bubble of red behind you, but without it touching your flesh you don't seem to be able to draw upon it. Without it gathering strength is much harder, you don't have time to access even a fraction of your potential before the moment of truth comes.

This is conjecture, but the reason David died here was because he forgot his roots. He shouldn't be acting to spite Rumia, and he shouldn't be acting to prove his manliness, because then he's already made the (fatal) assumption that there is a deficit to begin with. Either turn down the offer when Rinnosuke voices his reservations or clench the rose between your teeth before you make the throw, and count on your own magic to catch it rather than presuming that the enchantment will do the work for you. After all, if it's all the axe, how do you expect to impress anyone through this exercise?

As for dealing with Rumia, you just need to find her an appropriate role model. Cirno is a fairy, and Mystia and Wriggle spent too much time around humans for her to identify with as a youkai. I suggest introducing her to a youkai who lives in proximity to humans while being consummately inhuman itself, and yet still manages to be a righteous dude: Beer Spider.
>> No. 10188
[X] Komachi can sleep when you're dead, right now you want to talk to her.

But we are dead.
>> No. 10190
>Groping Komachi and just heading off just seems wrong.
While groping her in the first place is completely fine.
>> No. 10191
>>10190

Exactly.
>> No. 10194
[x] Komachi can sleep when you're alive again, right now you want to talk to her.

Doing it right.
>> No. 10196
File 12278854629.jpg - (63.46KB , 785x825 , 1213918585037.jpg ) [iqdb]
10196
>>10187

You're quite right about the reason David failed, he's no Sigurd you see. The magic user doesn't wield the huge axe after all.

Concerning updates today, I may make one but I might take a break seeing as I'm going to a friend's 20th tonight. Depends if I am overwhelmed by sudden inspiration, voting is open until I call it.

Pic related (it's a bangin' hot death godess)
>> No. 10198
[ ] The border of life and death is growing smaller, time to depart from this place

Get out of this don't want to stay dead.
>> No. 10199
[z] The border of life and death is growing smaller, time to depart from this place

We'll come back anyway.
>> No. 10201
[x] Komachi can sleep when you're alive again, right now you want to talk to her.
>> No. 10202
[x] The border of life and death is growing smaller, time to depart from this place
>> No. 10203
>>10198
>Get out of this don't want to stay dead.

"Get out of this place, don't want to stay dead.". Next time I won't write in such a hurry. I think.
>> No. 10216
[X] The border of life and death is growing smaller, time to depart from this place.

Yeah.
>> No. 10229
File 122806840949.jpg - (48.28KB , 600x848 , 1226599593790.jpg ) [iqdb]
10229
To cut and run now would be even more shameless than groping her while sleeping in the first place, well maybe that's a bit of convoluted logic but it's too much of a shame to see her again and not at least say hello. Still you can't blame her for napping in this place, it's got a wonderful restfulness about it things considered. It's as still as the grave here....

Okay, poor choice of words there.

"Maybe I should wake the princess with a kiss?" Musing out loud playfully you try to gauge if she's conscious or not, but either she's playing along or is too far gone to hear you because there's no so much as a flicker of a reaction from her. Well, if that's the way it is you'll have to step things up a little, rather than take any more liberties with her body you simply pinch her nose, gently but firmly, between finger and thumb and wait.

For a moment you're unsure if it's working, with her mouth open and slack like this she doesn't need to breathe through her nose and she lies still and content despite your grip, but soon you're rewarded with a sudden snort which breaks into a splutter as she tries to draw breath. Roused she sits up breaking free from your grasp and gasps, then with glazed eyes she spits something out quickly.

"Iwasntsleepingmisssikithesunwasinmyeyes!"

Hands clutched over her head protectively and eyes squeezed quickly shut she cowers for a moment, seemingly in anticipation of something, when it doesn't come she peeks an eye open cautiously and catches sight of you.

"Good morning Komachi."
You say with all the magnanimity you can muster, forcing the slight pang of guilt from your mind, seems she really was sleeping just now. She glowers at you sullenly and shifts around to sit opposite from where you kneel.

"Oh, it's the magician again. Dead again?"
"Yep, fell a foul of an axe this time I'm afraid."
"I'm sure it's a riveting story."
"Well, there was the magical axe you see.."
"That I have no interest in, I'm sure."

Silencing you with one hand she continues to give you a grumpy look and leans further back into the little boat to stretch her muscles, you deflate slightly at her words. You thought it would make a pretty amusing anecdote...

"Uh, don't look at me like that." She winces slightly, then spreads her hands in a placating gesture. "I'm sorry okay, waking up doesn't exactly do wonders for my disposition."
>> No. 10230
Huh? Did you really look so sympathetic just now? Actually, it might be fun to play with her a little like this. Bowing your head slightly and turning away you try to add a tone of regret and hurt you your voice, struggling to fight off a grin as you do.

"I'm sorry Komachi, it was very rude of me to wake you like that. I'm terrible." Raising your head and you stare at her with what you hope are eyes shining with crocodile tears, making her flinch once more.
"I....I hope you can forgive me."
"W-whoa! Hey, don't take it so hard! I mean, I've had worse wake up calls than this! Come on now, you're making me feel bad...."

With a indulgent smile, you break the act.
"I'm just messing with you, Machi-Machi~."
"Wha? You! You snake!"

Playfully she tackles you clutching your head in a familiar headlock, then wrestles you to the floor of the boat and clutching you tightly with a malevolent expression.

"Play with a maiden's heart will you? I'll not forgive you for that, the afterlife is too good for you!" With a heave she pulls you to the edge of the boat, leaving you staring into the water below. "It's to the depths with ye'! Unless you repent!"
Joking or not, she's taken you to the end of the boat that sits above the deeper water where you can see mysterious and unsettling shadows swirling beyond the surface. Anyone would panic at the sight of that, making you struggle and flail against her grip despite yourself.

"Okay! Uncle! I repent, now let me go Komachi!"
"That's captain Komachi to you, knave!"
"Yes ma'am! Captain Komachi, I repent!"

She lingers for a moment, not letting up in the slightest giving you a good long look as something big slides slide past under the water, before finally casting you aside instead of over.

"Let that be a lesson to you."
You scramble away from the edge of the tiny vessel gratefully as she settles herself comfortably once more on the little wooden plank that serves as a seat, then produces her pipe.

"So, you want to go down river this time?"
"Ah, no. Not today thank you."
"Hmm?" Looking up from loading her pipe she gives you a quizzical glance. "Well that's no problem for me, I don't mind not having to work, but what did you want to talk about?"

Actually, why did you want to talk to Komachi? There's not much to say really, you died but you don't really need her help to get back and you're not quite ready to pass on yet.

"Oh, well I guess I wanted to say hello while I was here?"
"Really? Okay here goes, hello!" She says this almost mockingly as she lights the pipe, filling the air with it's sweet aroma. "Mighty decent of you to drop by and all, but aren't you scared?"
You frown.
"Why would I be scared?"
"Because I'm, y' know, death and all that? Don't that bother you? Most humans would do their best to try an' escape my notice, not that it does 'em much good in the end."
"Am I really that strange?"
"Yep, you're a real weirdo!"
"I seem to be hearing that all the time recently..."

At that she begins to chuckle sending little puffs of smoke from her pipe, her low throaty voice filled with mirth that seems to spread from her to you leaving you both laughing for no real reason. It feels nice that you can be so casual around her, maybe you are weird but if normal is feeling afraid of this woman then you can leave it.

"You know Komachi, if you're the one who takes me past the veil when my time comes. Well I think I'd be pretty lucky to be passed on by such a beautiful woman."

Those words just pass through your lips before you've even thought about them, you were so at ease with her that they just let themselves be said without a care. Immediately you think of taking them back or apologizing but you don't want to insult her in doing so, leaving you with an awkward lack of anything to say.

A slight flush of red rises to her cheeks, but she doesn't shy away girlishly or become flustered, rather she smiles warmly at you tilting her head slightly to one side with an aura of clam. A happy, appreciative look with a slight blush to her healthy complexion that thanks you without words.

"I can't tell if you're just a shameless flirt or a genuinely nice guy."
She speaks fondly, then goes quiet and still simply content to watch you with those crimson eyes. Her mature response, is a far cry from the almost frightened reaction you're used to. She doesn't try to brush off your words or devalue the sentiment, but rather simply accepts it gratefully. It seems you struck a chord with her, you would think she'd be used to being complimented on her looks things considered, but when you think about how she said people normally react to her you do wonder.

"Look at us, blushing and at a loss for words like a pair of teenagers! Well, for the record you're not so bad yourself David. Although I think I've said as much before."

She stands up and you follow suit, a breeze is beginning to pick up in this still place rippling the river's surface and bending the fields under it's approach, signaling it's time to go, leaving you wondering if that it was a conscious choice on your part or some kind of time limit. Giving you a comradely punch in the arm Komachi bids you farewell.

"Well, David, I'd say I look forward to seein' you 'gain but it's probably best for you if you don't. This is twice in two days you know."
"It's your influence Komachi, just can't tear myself away." You say jokingly, she laughs again and gives you another playful thump.
"Sure it is boy. Now, while it'd be nice if you could stick around and say more nice things to me, I'd say it's time for you to get out of here."

The wind picks up turning into a torrent of swirling air pulling petals into it's pattern, in the distance you can see the butterfly flee from it's perch and wing it's way out of sight as the branches of the shriveled tree bend under the gust. It all converges upon a point right next to you, a mass of scintillating light that pulls on you with invisible strings, as you slide into the portal once more you wave a hand to Komachi.

"I'll be seeing you then!"
Grinning she waves back.
"You better hope not!"

And with that final pass between you, you're taken away from that quiet river in the field of red flowers, to live once more.

============

Time to move on I think. I'm defaulting to dodging the axe unless I get votes against it, note that there is no way to catch it so don't waste time trying again.
>> No. 10237
>>10230
[X] Decline, but take Wriggle outside anyway.

Time spent with Wriggle is the best time.
>> No. 10239
[P] Decline, but take Wriggle outside anyway.

Actually, never mind. I like this better.

I just want to sit outside all alone with Wriggle, and cuddle her.
>> No. 10240
[X] Decline, but take Wriggle outside anyway.

And take Wriggle only, need some one on one time.
>> No. 10242
[x] Decline, but take Wriggle outside anyway.
>> No. 10245
{~} Decline, but take Wriggle outside anyway.
>> No. 10246
[X] Decline, but take Wriggle outside anyway.
>> No. 10247
>>10230
No way to catch it? That's as good as a 100% chance of catching it!
[x]Try to catch it
>> No. 10249
[X] Decline, but take Wriggle outside anyway.
>> No. 10250
[!/] Decline, but take Wriggle outside anyway.

Sigh. Really wanted to catch that axe.
>> No. 10251
File 122807801446.jpg - (33.71KB , 500x707 , 0c3a91a0ccc56b3aea8f802f6c21244e.jpg ) [iqdb]
10251
>>10038

Continuing from here.

============================

You? Lift that thing? No way, you know your limits and the idea of trying to heft that monstrosity around is laughable and probably dangerous, just thinking about it makes your knees buckle. Besides which, what use do you have for weapons? Despite the danger of Gensokyo and a few brush ins with the locals, one certain little girl comes to mind, you've been relatively safe. As long as you've got your wits about you, you're sure that you are capable of taking care of yourself. You shake your head at Rinnosuke, who sits watching you with anticipation.

"Sorry, but that's not really my style. Thanks all the same."
"Ah, well I suppose that's fine. I wouldn't really want to try using an unfamiliar weapon either."
He looks disappointed for a moment but recovers immediately, still you're curious about something.
"So that's why you've not tested it, you don't work with axes then?"
"Well to be honest, I don't use weapons at all."
Sheepishly Rinnosuke looks into his tea with a small smile. "I merely collect them as curiosities, occasionally I'll let one go in order to carry on living in the manner I'm accustomed for another month, but honestly I'm more of a collector than I shop keeper."
"If you don't mind my asking, how can you live out in the forest with the Youkai about? No offense girls."
You get a couple of tongues stuck out at you for that remark, running one hand through his hair Rinnosuke answers you distantly.

"I don't mind you asking, I suppose it isn't very obvious but I'm acutally of mixed decent. You see one of my parents was a Youkai, so I'm of only half human blood. That's enough to ensure I won't be devoured by some of the forest's more wild residents, to be honest I have more trouble from the humans I know."

Despite his words Rinnosuke smiles as he says that last part, making you wonder who this mystery human of his is and how they evoke such conflicting changes in him.

With the last of your tea now little more than a lingering puddle of drenched tea leaves at the bottom of your cup, it's probably a good idea to get Wriggle to open up a little more right now you think.

"Say, Rinnosuke." As you speak the slender shop owner stands and begins to collect the empty cups. "How about we have the next cup in the garden? It's a nice day outside and everything is fresh from the rain."
Wriggle seems to perk up once more after you said that, a moment passes almost imperceptibly as Rinnosuke's eyes flit from you to Wriggle, while nothing shows on his face you get the feeling that maybe something just dawned upon him. He hasn't asked you why you're with these girls after all....

"Not a bad idea, David." He says bringing the empty cups over to the sink where he busies his hands, his back turned but you can practically hear his smile as he speaks. "Why don't you and the girls go on ahead, I need to make a fresh pot anyway."
"Actually, I'm going to head back."
Sliding off of the counter Mystia wanders over to the back door, projecting that same sense of 'knowing' something that Rinnosuke did. Grabbing Rumia by the hand she pulls the tiny thing off of the counter with her and leads her over to the door. Wordlessly Rumia obeys.
"I've got to be ready for opening up tonight, if you want to find me later I'll be working the road to the village."
"You're going?"
Wriggle seems surprised by this, probably not quite picking up on the subtext right now.
"Not all of us can afford to just play all day Wriggle."
Hands on her hips Mystia chides her friend with a smile, then gives Rumia another tug.
"Say goodbye Rumia."
"....bye."

Sullen as ever she simply mumbles out a small farewell, another round of goodbyes later from the rest of you they depart. Not before Mystia managed to say quietly to you "She'll tell me EVERYTHING that happens later, tread carefully." then departing. What does that mean exactly?

Barely a moment after she leaves, Cirno steps up to go as well, extorting whatever treats she can out of Rinnosuke first of course.

"Mmm'k." She muffles through a mouthful of sweets. "M' off too. Frogs won't freeze themselves you know!"
Freezing frogs? What a cryptic comment, no one else seems phased by this however so you say nothing.
"You're really going as well, Cirno?"
A hint of worry is present in Wriggle's voice, you can hardly blame her seeing as her friends seem to have suddenly decided to up and abandon her after all. Swallowing a huge lump down, a look of mischief lights up the faerie's eyes.

"Don't BUG me Wriggle, I got stuff to do!" With a single word she stuns Wriggle then quickly, before you can retort, she turns to you her eyes ablaze with triumph. "But I have to say, this guy is GROWING on me!"

Then with a giggle of victory she leaps out the door and off into the sky, leaving you non-plussed. Confused Wriggle turns to you saying.

"I don't get it."

You can barely summon a response, it's so tenuous and yet it almost works, all you can do is mutter.
"Rose. Flower. Growing. DAMN YOU CIRNO!"

Yep, as shaky as the connection was. She got you. Didn't even give you a chance to counter either, she must've been sitting on that one for a while now waiting for the chance to use it. Still, now is no time to wallow in defeat, setting your shoulders straight once more you extend a hand to your lady friend.

"Well, let's not dwell on that. Shall we go for a walk while the tea brews, my lady?"
Taken aback she falters, a hand flying to her chest as she goes a little wide eyed with surprise, but quickly she gains confidence and cautiously places her hand in yours.
"O-okay, sir knight."

Holding her soft hand gently in your own, you step out of the house and under the trees once more.

-------

More to come as I write it, just seemed like a good place to cut it in half.
>> No. 10252
File 122807989089.gif - (58.38KB , 640x480 , 755dca8587df12d81296a11b5c5e04ad.gif ) [iqdb]
10252
The sun has begun it's decent from high in the sky the day not too late yet but starting to draw to a close, you're not surprised considering that it was midday when you woke up, the angle of the light sending shafts of illumination through the leaves that dance in an almost unnoticeable breeze. The background noise of life in the forest lend to a feeling of peace within you right now, distant birds chirping and calling to one another with the ever present rustle of leaves like a gentle roar.

Wriggle stays quiet at your side, her eyes almost riveted to the floor save for her occasional glance up at you, but it's not an uncomfortable silence or at least not for you. Until she feels like saying something you're content to wander aimlessly within sight of Kourindou's, enjoying the sights, sounds and smells of the forest with her. The slight and dainty hand in yours is all that matters right now.

"Wow!"

Suddenly breaking away from you Wriggle dashes away with excitedly to some seemingly random spot before you and crouches down, leaving you a little confused by yourself, then begins to run her hands through the grass.

"Found something?"
You ask, curious as to what caught her attention, she doesn't answer right away but nabs at something then covers it over with both hands. Smiling happily she turns on heel to you as you crouch down next to her, holding out her cupped hands towards you.

"Check it out! I've never seen one this big!"

Popping her hands open she reveals the biggest beetle you've ever seen, a great big monster of an insect easily the size of a tennis ball that barely fits in her palms. It's so large that you can make out every detail of it's shiny carapace, sleek black with a tinge of green where the light catches it, mounted on six spindly legs that you can make out the joints upon and crowned by a huge set of jaws that look quiet intimidating. If you were in a more fanciful mood you'd say he looks like the king of the insects, but to be honest just looking at him makes your skin itch as it wriggles it's legs in her hands.

"Isn't he neat?"
"He certainly is huge," You say choosing your words carefully, not wanting to let her down.
"Is he a Youkai?"
"No silly!" She scoffs, letting the enormous thing crawl up her arm giggling at it's touch. "If he were a Youkai he'd be much bigger or even look like us."

You can't decide if watching the great black thing climb up into her hair is something cute or rather horrible, but she seems to enjoy it for whatever reason.

"I think he likes you."
"Hey, want to hold him?"

Carefully grasping it around the middle she picks it up off her head and presents it to you, giving you a good look at it's alien underbelly with all those sharp little legs flailing towards you. God it's hard to fight off the urge to flinch right now.

"I think he'd be happier back on the grass to be honest."
"Right, off you go Mr Beetle! Nice meeting you, bye bye!"

With that same tenderness she lowers it back to the ground and lets it go, upon which it immediately runs back towards her and starts climbing up her shoe.

"Hey!" Giggling at the touch of it's legs on the skin of her shin she picks it up again. "I can't play with you now, okay?"

As she sets the beetle back down once more, that you'd swear departs in a cloud of rejection, voices from Kourindou's grab your attention. You can't make it out from here, but it sounds like Rinnosuke is talking to someone, probably female although you can't be certain from here.

"Huh? Another visitor?"
Brushing her knees, Wriggle stands up.

=========================

[ ] Go see who it is

[ ] Stay out here with Wriggle
>> No. 10254
Incoming shitstorm
>> No. 10255
[X] Stay out here with Wriggle

Here we go
>> No. 10257
[!/] Stay out here with Wriggle.

When the knight and loli play, the Yandere comes to stay.
>> No. 10258
[X] Go see who it is
Crossing my fingers for Marisa
>> No. 10259
>>10230
>aura of clam
NASUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

>>10252
[X] "Oh? Sounds like Kourin's got a customer."
[X] Take Wriggle along to peek at who it is.

Yeah, beetles make my skin crawl, too. Igh.
>> No. 10260
[X] "Oh? Sounds like Kourin's got a customer."
[X] Take Wriggle along to peek at who it is.
>> No. 10261
[X] "Oh? Sounds like Kourin's got a customer."
[X] Take Wriggle along to peek at who it is.
>> No. 10262
[X] "Oh? Sounds like Kourin's got a customer."
[X] Take Wriggle along to peek at who it is.

MARISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>> No. 10263
[X] "Oh? Sounds like Kourin's got a customer."
[X] Take Wriggle along to peek at who it is.
Nothing bad could possibly happen!
>> No. 10266
[X] "Oh? Sounds like Kourin's got a customer."
[X] Take Wriggle along to peek at who it is.

This is the pro-Wriggle option. Alice going crazy raises concern not just for the safety of you and Marisa, but that of Wriggle and her friends as well. God knows what will happen if Alice feeds Reimu and Marisa lies about you being "kidnapped" by Wriggle.
>> No. 10268
>>10266
Even if these are lies, you have convienced me!

[X] "Oh? Sounds like Kourin's got a customer."
[X] Take Wriggle along to peek at who it is.
>> No. 10269
[X] "Oh? Sounds like Kourin's got a customer."
[X] Take Wriggle along to peek at who it is.
>> No. 10273
[X] "Oh? Sounds like Kourin's got a customer."
[X] Take Wriggle along to peek at who it is.

Though, Marisa will probably be rather angry. She thinks we ran away.
>> No. 10277
[x] Stay out here with Wriggle

If that person is indeed Marisa, we'll be thrown right in the middle of another drama. Marisa will most likely try to get us away from the Youkai group, and shitstorms will ensue. This completely ruins the current atmosphere and may add to our list of problems. Selfish or not, I just want to enjoy some peaceful and quality time for a bit longer.
>> No. 10278
>>10277
As much as I hate the black-white, I just want to let her know we're okay.

And we could come up with being indebted to Wriggle for saving us from Alice.

Oh, shit. She won't take the Alice thing well either.
>> No. 10280
[ ] Go see who it is
>> No. 10281
[ ] Go see who it is
>> No. 10282
[ ] Go see who it is
>> No. 10283
>>10277
>If that person is indeed Marisa, we'll be thrown right in the middle of another drama. Marisa will most likely try to get us away from the Youkai group, and shitstorms will ensue. This completely ruins the current atmosphere and may add to our list of problems. Selfish or not, I just want to enjoy some peaceful and quality time for a bit longer.

I know Anon's favorite way to deal with problems is to stick his head in the sand, but ignoring the issue here wouldn't fit the protagonist thus characterized. He hasn't hesitated to act when he sees a wrong committed thus far, even at the cost of bruising others' feelings and putting himself in danger. And admitting to the conceitedness of just makes me wonder how closely you've been following the story.
>> No. 10287
[x] Go see who it is.

"'bout that time, eh chaps?"
"right-o"
>> No. 10288
[X] "Oh? Sounds like Kourin's got a customer."
[X] Take Wriggle along to peek at who it is.

We really do need to square everything between them. Then we can go back to our quiet time with Wriggle.
>> No. 10289
Ideally this will lead to a serious business discussion between Marisa, David, Wriggle, and Kourin about how to deal with the Alice issue, culminating with Marisa flying off to confront Alice directly, while you stay in hiding with Wriggle for the time being, preferably at a safe place like the Hakurei shrine (though that depends on whether or not you decide to involve the shrine maiden at this point) or maybe go sight-seeing at Gensokyo's various exotic locales.
>> No. 10290
[X] Stay out here with Wriggle

do not want marisa
>> No. 10291
[x] Go see who it is

Screw Wriggle.
>> No. 10292
>>10291
>Screw Wriggle.
THAT'S THE IDEA HURF DURF
>> No. 10293
{X} "Oh? Sounds like Kourin's got a customer."
{X} Take Wriggle along to peek at who it is.
>> No. 10294
>>10291
>Screw Wriggle

Sounds like a plan, do want.

[X] "Oh? Sounds like Kourin's got a customer."
[X] Take Wriggle along to peek at who it is.
>> No. 10295
[x] "Oh? Sounds like Kourin's got a customer."
[x] Take Wriggle along to peek at who it is.
>> No. 10296
[X] "Oh? Sounds like Kourin's got a customer."
[X] Take Wriggle along to peek at who it is.
>> No. 10297
[X] "Oh? Sounds like Kourin's got a customer."
[X] Take Wriggle along to greet Marisa.
>> No. 10298
Updates?
>> No. 10321
File 122833551622.jpg - (72.62KB , 443x667 , 1211287102646.jpg ) [iqdb]
10321
"Oh? Sounds like Kourin's got a customer."
Wriggle snickers behind her hand at this.
"He doesn't get customers!"
"Really? Well in that case I'm definately curious now, shall we go see who it is?"
With a nod that sends her antenna bouncing Wriggle agrees, well she seems to be in a fine mood right now. Maybe that beetle put a good word in on your behalf, stranger things have happened after all. You recall your brush in with that spider in Marisa's shed, maybe that beetle was a friend of his?

Well that's some fanciful thinking right there, even for Gensokyo. Casting aside such silly notions you head back indoors, with Wriggle following close at your side, a slight skip in her step.

--------

Back in Rinnosuke's humble but warm kitchen you see that the tea has been put to one side for now, a tray with cups arranged around the pot still steaming on the table here, looks like he was called away just as he was about to come out. The kitchen itself is still and empty, a door on one side has been opened and reveals a flight of stairs that presumably leads to the rest of the house, but the sound of quiet voices engaged in conversation reaches you from behind the curtain which leads to the shop.

"Wonder who it is...."

Murmurs Wriggle pensively, almost as if in expectation of something she draws a little nearer to you until her shoulder brushes along your shirt, what does she expect to be beyond that curtain you wonder?

Faintly, as you draw closer to the curtain, you can make out voices more clearly now.

"...prised you're awake Kourin, normally you're in bed still at this time, lazy bones."
"I had visitors. I'm surprised that you didn't break my door down for once, not that I mind to be honest."
"Well, I haven't really felt like myself lately...."

You knew who it was before you saw her, you didn't need to see her face to recognize her, but her tone lacks the familiar vibrancy as if something weights heavily on her mind. She speaks with a great tiredness under her subdued tones.

You were certain even before the moment you stepped through into the shop, Wriggle for now forgotten behind you, that finally you were to come face to face with Marisa once more. In hindsight you wish you had lingered listening for longer, had taken a moment to prepare yourself and think of what to say, but you moved almost unconsciously towards that sound and before you knew it.

There she was, Marisa Kirisame, the ordinary witch broom in hand.

And you, with nothing to say.

There's a moment, just before she notices your presence, where you get a good look at her. In so many ways she's the same but in so many others she's different, she looks haggard and worn, her golden hair messed from lack of care and her clothes unkempt. Slight bags hang under her eyes which lack that bright spark of life you're so used to seeing. She even stands differently, less sure of herself but still with a slight swagger of pride.

Then she spots you and everything seems to freeze, the light of recognition flashes in her eyes almost stunning you with their intensity, both of you stand stock still as if clueless as to how to react. Your heart beats a frantic pace inside your chest, "It's only Marisa!" you try telling yourself but you can't quell feeling in your chest.

"Oh! David, I didn't notice you come in." Rinnosuke is the first to react, noticing Marisa looking past him, turning he gestures towards you. "Marisa, this is David. He was one of the visitors I mentioned."

An oppressive silence swallows his words, both you and Marisa all but ignore him right now caught up in your own little world for now. It feels like there's a great pressure here, like water behind a dam is getting close to bursting forth and gushing out.

A slight tug at the corner of her eyes.

A little twist at the corner of her mouth.

You can feel it too, you're sure it's the same with her, a great sense of relief and joy welling up from deep inside all directed at her. You don't know whether you're about to laugh or cry right now.

"David? What's going on, who's there?"

Then Wriggle steps in, winds her way to your side and grabs hold of your arm in a very familiar fashion, almost possessive in fact and in doing so the atmosphere changes dramatically.

The twitch of an eyebrow.

The clenching of a fist.

You could cut the tension with a knife.

All at once with just a simple gesture, Wriggle dispels that moment that passed between you and Marisa, her face is now an impassive mask but you can almost feel the sense of hurt and betrayal behind it. Your mind races, it doesn't take a mind reader to know that she's already jumped to a wild conclusion.

That you abandoned her and went off with Wriggle.

"It's not what it looks like."

Futile words pour from your mouth, if anything damning you further. You feel Wriggle shift to look at Marisa but you can't see her, you can't tear yourself away from the cold anger that pushes down on you.

With great calm and ceremony, Marisa reaches to the brim of her hat and gives it one sharp, violent tug. Then utters simply one warning.

"Run."

------

Cont.
>> No. 10322
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 10323
Magic time?
>> No. 10324
File 122833697098.jpg - (53.45KB , 480x640 , 1213299748695.jpg ) [iqdb]
10324
Why do all my friends try to kill me?

It strikes you as insane that almost every woman you've met since the faithful day of your arrival has attempted to harm you in some way or another, while you've no memory of your old life you're certain that girls on the outside don't act like this, however you're not given time to dwell on this train of thought as another burst of searing stars zip past you missing by mere inches.

Sent tumbling by your dodge you're up and on your feet again quick enough to evade another round of danmaku that slams harmlessly into the spot you were in just moments ago.

"Hold still damnit!"
"I can explain!"

A cluster of bright orbs wing their way past your head and into the ground before you, each bursts into a lance of bright light that forces you to skid and turn. Marisa follows suit and continues to give chase on her broom as you crash through the undergrowth.

"I'll listen you your excuses when I get you home! Now just take it like a man!"
"Why are you doing this?"
Frantically you try to plea to her sense of reason.
"Look! I don't really care what you've been up to right now! All I know is, I'm going to break your legs and take you back home so you can't get your dumb self lost again! So just hold still already, it'll be worse for you if you don't!"

Holy crap she's gone nuts! It's got to be a joke, surely, there's no way Marisa would do something like that to you for real, right? She's not Alice after all, although you wouldn't put it past her to not listen to you until she's beaten you up a little to make herself feel better.

A whoosh behind you is the only warning you get before a gout of green flames fly past you, scorching you with magical heat even from here, then splashes to the earth where it burns brightly but doesn't touch the plants within. Kicking out with your right foot you manage to leap around it with no time to spare, more viscous green flames wreath the area in a ghostly light as you dash onwards.

"Do you have any idea how worried I was? You inconsiderate bastard!"

Even knowing it's bad form to do so while running, you risk a glance back at her, perched upon her broom with knuckles white from gripping it so hard and her face a mask of fury, Marisa thrusts one arm towards you angrily.

It's funny, but seeing her angry like this is actually better than seeing her when she was worried about you, at least she properly looks like Marisa now. Alive and vibrant, albeit pissed off.

You know, this is actually quite fun. It reminds you of magic time, helping Marisa test out her new spells in the back garden, heck if it wasn't for that practice you doubt you'd have lasted this long that's for sure.

Goddamn it, you're smiling. How can this girl get to you like that, even when she's baying for your blood?

============

[ ] Let her catch you, she can work out some aggression on you now. You don't mind.

[ ] Make a game of it, if she wants to punish you she's going to have to work for it!

[ ] It's most definately futile, but you still want to stand up to her and show her what you've got. Ready rose and return fire!

[ ] She's crazy, you're not letting her lay one finger on you until she calms down.


========

Man, even when she's trying to break some legs I love writing Marisa.
>> No. 10325
[SHIFT] Make a game of it, if she wants to punish you she's going to have to work for it!
>> No. 10327
{X} She's crazy, you're not letting her lay one finger on you until she calms down.
>> No. 10329
[Z] She's crazy, you're not letting her lay one finger on you until she calms down.
>> No. 10331
[x] Let her catch you, she can work out some aggression on you now. You don't mind.
>> No. 10332
[ ] Let her catch you, she can work out some aggression on you now. You don't mind.

Let's visit Machi-Machi again!


[x] Make a game of it, if she wants to punish you she's going to have to work for it!
>> No. 10333
[X] She's crazy, you're not letting her lay one finger on you until she calms down.
>> No. 10337
>>10321
>You recall your brush in with that spider in Marisa's shed, maybe that beetle was a friend of his?

BEER BEETLE, FUCK YEAH.


[X] She's crazy, you're not letting her lay one finger on you until she calms down. Ready rose and return fire!
>> No. 10338
[X] Make a game of it, if she wants to punish you she's going to have to work for it!
>> No. 10339
[X] It's most definately futile, but you still want to stand up to her and show her what you've got. Ready rose and return fire!

Pew pew pew! Make it clearly a joke though.
>> No. 10340
[ ] She's crazy, you're not letting her lay one finger on you until she calms down.

girls are weird like that. they get stabby
>> No. 10341
[x] Make a game of it, if she wants to punish you she's going to have to work for it!
>> No. 10343
[x] Make a game of it, if she wants to punish you she's going to have to work for it!

You people are such pussies, a little yandere never hurt anybody.
>> No. 10344
[x] Make a game of it, if she wants to punish you she's going to have to work for it!
>> No. 10345
[~] Make a game of it, if she wants to punish you she's going to have to work for it!

I don't think fighting is a very good idea, another fight would break out. Not that I mind that much if Marisa wins, but regardless.
>> No. 10346
[x] Make a game of it, if she wants to punish you she's going to have to work for it!
>> No. 10347
[x] Ready rose and return fire.
[x] Call out for Wriggle.
[x] Serious the fuck up; demand that she stop shooting and listen to you.

Alice right now is a danger to herself, and the entirety of Gensokyo in the event she unseals her grimoire. This really isn't the time to be engaging in cheesy romantic comedy slapstick. Remember that Marisa has killed us for less before.
>> No. 10348
[x] Make a game of it, if she wants to punish you she's going to have to work for it!

Hooray marisa's back
>> No. 10350
[X] Ready rose and return fire.
[X] Call out for Wriggle.
[X] Serious the fuck up; demand that she stop shooting and listen to you.

Alright, changed my vote.
>> No. 10351
[X] Ready rose and return fire.
[X] Call out for Wriggle.
[X] Serious the fuck up; demand that she stop shooting and listen to you.

Okay, yes, this is in fact a serious situation, and we should really get everything in order.
>> No. 10352
[X] Ready rose and return fire.
[X] Call out for Wriggle.
[X] Serious the fuck up; demand that she stop shooting and listen to you.
>> No. 10353
[x] Ready rose and return fire.
[x] Call out for Wriggle.
[x] Serious the fuck up; demand that she stop shooting and listen to you.
>> No. 10354
[x] Ready rose and return fire.
[x] Call out for Wriggle.
[x] Serious the fuck up; demand that she stop shooting and listen to you.
>> No. 10355
>>10347

Makes sense.

[x] Ready rose and return fire.
[x] Call out for Wriggle.
[x] Serious the fuck up; demand that she stop shooting and listen to you.
>> No. 10356
>Alice right now is a danger to herself
Maybe.

>the entirety of Gensokyo in the event she unseals her grimoire
Why the fuck would the person who only fights with a little bit more power than her opponent unseal her grimoire in preparation to get David back from WRIGGLE?

>[x] Call out for Wriggle.
Wriggle isn't a match for Marisa. Plus, mentioning her just gives her another something to misunderstand

>[X] Serious the fuck up; demand that she stop shooting and listen to you.
I really don't think she'll listen.

[X] Make a game of it, if she wants to punish you she's going to have to work for it!
This, because I like Marisa.
>[ ] She's crazy, you're not letting her lay one finger on you until she calms down.
Is also good. The other two sound too suicidal.



And for gods sake, has anyone spared a thought for this poor woman's groceries?
>> No. 10357
[ ] Let her catch you, she can work out some aggression on you now.
>> No. 10358
[X] Ready rose and return fire.
[X] Call out for Wriggle.
[X] Serious the fuck up; demand that she stop shooting and listen to you.
>> No. 10360
[X] Make a game of it, if she wants to punish you she's going to have to work for it!

Why do you people never fucking think about what you're voting for?
>> No. 10361
[X] Make a game of it, if she wants to punish you she's going to have to work for it!
[X] Tell Wriggle not to get involved.

It'll be fine. Just let her blow off some steam.
>> No. 10362
[X] Make a game of it, if she wants to punish you she's going to have to work for it!

Ah, like old times, eh Marisa?
>> No. 10363
[X] She's crazy, you're not letting her lay one finger on you until she calms down.
[x] Ready rose and return fire.
[X] Serious the fuck up; demand that she stop shooting and listen to you.

Calling out to Wriggle doesn't seem like such a good idea since we might end up endangering her. We know Wriggle can't really win against Marisa, and it can cause further misunderstandings. I know being somewhat playful and shouldering burdens is in line with David's personality. But right now we're about to be in a world of pain for things that we really didn't have much control over. At least try to stand up for yourself a little, if not just this one time. Wriggle will also be pleased seeing David in action.
>> No. 10364
[x] Make a game of it, if she wants to punish you she's going to have to work for it!
>> No. 10366
>You recall your brush in with that spider in Marisa's shed, maybe that beetle was a friend of his?
BEER SPIDER AND WINGMAN BEETLE. THEY'VE GOT YOUR BACK.

[X] Make a game of it, if she wants to punish you she's going to have to work for it!
[X] Tell Wriggle not to get involved.

Yeah.
>> No. 10367
[X] Make a game of it, if she wants to punish you she's going to have to work for it!
[X] Tell Wriggle not to get involved.
>> No. 10368
File 122851585398.jpg - (115.13KB , 800x1840 , 1228330909840.jpg ) [iqdb]
10368
Simply talking isn't going to get through to her right now, she's being too irrational to hear anything you have to say and what's more you get the feeling you're just going to make things worse if you try. A couple of pretty words and meaningful looks won't cut it here, you've got to act to take control of this situation and turn things your way.

Another stream of flame singes your back as it falls just short of where you stood but moments ago, Marisa snarls with mounting frustration, any moment now your luck is going to run out if things carry on like this. If you keep stumbling blindly through the forest like this you've got no chance, the land is against you on foot if all you do is run; trees and bushes force you to swerve wildly from a straight line that Marisa can follow from above and the uneven ground risks the chance of tripping up.

Onwards you thunder, trying to think of something you can pull, bulling your way through a clump of high grasses you plunge one foot into the freezing water of a running stream that winds it's way along the forest floor drenching your shoe and trouser leg. The water, so cold it's actually painful, shocks your brain into action.

Rather than pelt onwards, you hunker down by the trickling water in front of the long grass that hide it from your view, any second now Marisa will zoom over head after you but there will be a moment just as she does when you'll be behind her rather than in front. Giving you one precious moment when she won't know where you are, that's all you need to evade her for now to put your plan into action.

Slipping the rose from out your pocket, uncertain as to whether this will even work, you keep half your mind on finding your center and the other half watching the sky.

A beam of light splits the air, then pulverizes the ground before you with a frightening sound that sends drops of water flying around you soaking your clothes further, after it dissipates Marisa rockets over your position with nary a glance behind.

It's a fight to keep your mind focussed as your nerves twang like piano strings, with an effort to suppress your trembling legs you slide back through the grass making yourself as small and quiet as possible, praying she won't spot the tell tale shaking in the grass.

Upon noticing you're not there Marisa pauses irritably, her head darting this way and that as she scans the ground for you, her hair whipping around after. Confident she doesn't see you yet, wishing that this idea would work with all your heart you begin to whisper into the rose, with all your will focused on one point in the distance.

"This is just like old times, eh Marisa?"

Instantly she whips her arm towards the sound of your voice, from her hand a stream of stars leaps forth with a cacophony of bangs, but they slam uselessly into an distant bush startling a flock of birds from the trees.

Your voice might be there, but you aren't.

It's almost beyond your belief, if it wasn't for the numbing cold in your foot and the cool sweat on your brow, you'd swear you were dreaming, but just now you magically projected your voice away from your body. From your little hiding spot you can make out Marisa's obvious disappointment at not scoring a hit on you.

"Get out into the open damnit! Coward!"
She barks her demands at the empty air, focusing upon another spot in the opposite direction you whisper into the rose once more with a slight smirk.

"Follow the sound of my vooooooice~!"
"I'm going to skin you alive when I get my hands on you!"

She doesn't seem to care for your lighthearted tone, maybe she needs cheering up?

"Stop hiding!"
"But if I did, in what sense would we be playing hide and seek? Unless it's my turn to seek..."
"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?"

"Why Marisa, I've been with you all along." You almost hate yourself for it, but there's a subtle hint of laughter in your voice. "With you, inside your heart."

Lashing out wildly with another burst of danmaku she screams.
"Don't fuck with me! I'm in no mood for this David!"

A cramp is forming in the leg that got wet, trying to keep your movements to a minimum you shift your weight to rest into a sort of crouch, ready to leap into action should the time come.

"Well I'm not in the mood to have my legs broken, but you seem to have your heart set on that."
Not learning her lesson from last time she strikes out pointlessly into the canopy from whence your voice came that time, so long as she doesn't cotton onto what you're doing you should be safe for now. Might give you the time to calm her down.

"Just get out here okay! I'm not talking to someone I can't see!"
"Would you attack me if I did come out?"
"......maybe."
"Well, at least your honest about it."

It's a great mental effort to change from where the voice comes each time is a strain, but you could probably keep it up for a while, you've bought yourself some time. Now you need to make it count, but what to do?

You could try to keep talking her down, her temper hasn't improved but at least she's listening to what you've got to say, although she might just play along until she can pin point you. If you're going to try talking to her, you better have something to say.

On the other hand you might be able to use this chance to make a break for it, you could get back to Kourindou's and try to meet her on neutral ground later when she's calmed down. Problem is, you're not sure how long you can keep up throwing your voice as you try to sneak off, plus at the moment she can't see you but moving through the undergrowth is going to leave a pretty suspicious trail. Worst of all, leaving now might leave her feeling more hurt than before, but then again you're feeling pretty hurt that she's lashed out at you like this to begin with.

--------

[ ] Write in
>> No. 10369
[X] "Alright, Marisa, fine. I can't keep in the mood for games anyway. This is the second time in as many days that I've found myself trying to escape a friend, and it's not an experience I relish. We need to talk, and if you're not going to calm the hell down and listen, then I'm just going to end up avoiding you, because I can tell you right now that I'm damn sick of the people I care about trying to hurt me."
[X] "On top of that, I don't like having to make my friends worry; I can't say I know exactly how you felt while I was gone, but I can sure bet that there's one girl who's going through exactly that right now. I didn't like worrying you, and I don't like worrying her."
[X] "I'm tired, I'm hurt, and I'd really like to get back and take a damn rest already, so we can do this one of two ways: either you calm down and we go back together, or you keep trying to hurt me and I go my own way for now. I don't know about you, but I'd prefer the former."

But seriously, we have every right to not want to deal with this right now.
>> No. 10370
[X] "Alright, Marisa, fine. I can't keep in the mood for games anyway. This is the second time in as many days that I've found myself trying to escape a friend, and it's not an experience I relish. We need to talk, and if you're not going to calm the hell down and listen, then I'm just going to end up avoiding you, because I can tell you right now that I'm damn sick of the people I care about trying to hurt me."
[X] "On top of that, I don't like having to make my friends worry; I can't say I know exactly how you felt while I was gone, but I can sure bet that there's one girl who's going through exactly that right now. I didn't like worrying you, and I don't like worrying her."
[X] "I'm tired, I'm hurt, and I'd really like to get back and take a damn rest already, so we can do this one of two ways: either you calm down and we go back together, or you keep trying to hurt me and I go my own way for now. I don't know about you, but I'd prefer the former."
Good write-in is good
>> No. 10371
[x] "Alright, Marisa, fine. I can't keep in the mood for games anyway. This is the second time in as many days that I've found myself trying to escape a friend, and it's not an experience I relish. We need to talk, and if you're not going to calm the hell down and listen, then I'm just going to end up avoiding you, because I can tell you right now that I'm damn sick of the people I care about trying to hurt me."
[x] "On top of that, I don't like having to make my friends worry; I can't say I know exactly how you felt while I was gone, but I can sure bet that there's one girl who's going through exactly that right now. I didn't like worrying you, and I don't like worrying her."
[x] "I'm tired, I'm hurt, and I'd really like to get back and take a damn rest already, so we can do this one of two ways: either you calm down and we go back together, or you keep trying to hurt me and I go my own way for now. I don't know about you, but I'd prefer the former."

Works for me. Gets the point across I wanted to make.
>> No. 10372
[x] "Alright, Marisa, fine. I can't keep in the mood for games anyway. This is the second time in as many days that I've found myself trying to escape a friend, and it's not an experience I relish. We need to talk, and if you're not going to calm the hell down and listen, then I'm just going to end up avoiding you, because I can tell you right now that I'm damn sick of the people I care about trying to hurt me."
[x] "On top of that, I don't like having to make my friends worry; I can't say I know exactly how you felt while I was gone, but I can sure bet that there's one girl who's going through exactly that right now. I didn't like worrying you, and I don't like worrying her."
[x] "I'm tired, I'm hurt, and I'd really like to get back and take a damn rest already, so we can do this one of two ways: either you calm down and we go back together, or you keep trying to hurt me and I go my own way for now. I don't know about you, but I'd prefer the former."
>> No. 10373
[X] "Alright, Marisa, fine. I can't keep in the mood for games anyway. This is the second time in as many days that I've found myself trying to escape a friend, and it's not an experience I relish. We need to talk, and if you're not going to calm the hell down and listen, then I'm just going to end up avoiding you, because I can tell you right now that I'm damn sick of the people I care about trying to hurt me."
[X] "On top of that, I don't like having to make my friends worry; I can't say I know exactly how you felt while I was gone, but I can sure bet that there's one girl who's going through exactly that right now. I didn't like worrying you, and I don't like worrying her."
[X] "I'm tired, I'm hurt, and I'd really like to get back and take a damn rest already, so we can do this one of two ways: either you calm down and we go back together, or you keep trying to hurt me and I go my own way for now. I don't know about you, but I'd prefer the former."
[x] Reveal yourself for the last part.

You haven't bathed in at least two days. Your clothes are torn, dirtied, wet, and stained with blood. You're breathing heavily, your voice is scratchy, and your eyes are that of a hunted animal. Your appearance will be the evidence that you need and show the trust that she needs.
>> No. 10374
Okay looks like this is the way we're going, I'm going to eat something then write. Unless things suddenly change while I'm eating.

Probably will be in a new thread.
>> No. 10375
Perfect.

[X] "Alright, Marisa, fine. I can't keep in the mood for games anyway. This is the second time in as many days that I've found myself trying to escape a friend, and it's not an experience I relish. We need to talk, and if you're not going to calm the hell down and listen, then I'm just going to end up avoiding you, because I can tell you right now that I'm damn sick of the people I care about trying to hurt me."
[X] "On top of that, I don't like having to make my friends worry; I can't say I know exactly how you felt while I was gone, but I can sure bet that there's one girl who's going through exactly that right now. I didn't like worrying you, and I don't like worrying her."
[X] "I'm tired, I'm hurt, and I'd really like to get back and take a damn rest already, so we can do this one of two ways: either you calm down and we go back together, or you keep trying to hurt me and I go my own way for now. I don't know about you, but I'd prefer the former."
>> No. 10376
[X] "Alright, Marisa, fine. I can't keep in the mood for games anyway. This is the second time in as many days that I've found myself trying to escape a friend, and it's not an experience I relish. We need to talk, and if you're not going to calm the hell down and listen, then I'm just going to end up avoiding you, because I can tell you right now that I'm damn sick of the people I care about trying to hurt me."
[X] "On top of that, I don't like having to make my friends worry; I can't say I know exactly how you felt while I was gone, but I can sure bet that there's one girl who's going through exactly that right now. I didn't like worrying you, and I don't like worrying her."
[X] "I'm tired, I'm hurt, and I'd really like to get back and take a damn rest already, so we can do this one of two ways: either you calm down and we go back together, or you keep trying to hurt me and I go my own way for now. I don't know about you, but I'd prefer the former."
>> No. 10380
>>10374

hooray!
>> No. 10383
[x] "Fine. Do whatever you want, Alice."
[x] Show yourself.

Machi-Machi~
>> No. 10554
Y'know, I was actually rooting for Marisa to blast this guy. Of course, I doubt that's going to happen. Oh well~