[Return]
Archived Thread

File 122619139277.jpg - (253.75KB , 480x640 , Kourin.jpg ) [iqdb]
9677 No. 9677
[X] You feel better now than you have all day. Let's not disappoint the lady.

***

Well, if the lady has one last job for you, then naturally there is only one thing to do.

"Why, Miss Lorelei, your care has left me better than I have been all day. If there is something you need done, then I would love to help you."

The lady relaxes visibly, heaving a relieved chirp of a sigh.

"Now that's a relief." With a quick hop, the lady manages the rather impressive feat of suspending herself in the air. Those little wings of hers beat lightly, but, while they look rather pretty, it is most surprising to think that they could support her weight in flight. Might there be some trick to that? "Come on, come on! This is really important, so come on!"

She most graciously offers you one of her hands, though she does appear a tad agitated to do so. Regardless, it would be rather impolite to refuse a lady's hand, and so you reach up to take it as softly as you can. Her cheeks flush red again - that really looks very charming on her - and her hand feels quite warm...

Her wings flap, and an impressive burst of wind takes you by surprise as she rockets into the air with you, hurling away the empty plate and glass you had been using; you catch your cap in the nick of time, holding it firmly to your skull as you and your lady take to the air.

"Miss Lorelei?"

No response, it seems the wind is being a bit too raucous about your flight, preventing Miss Lorelei from hearing you. It seems that you will have to wait to speak with her. You relax and let yourself flap about in the breeze. How exhilarating...

---

In the course of a few minutes, Miss Lorelei sees fit to touch down in a forest clearing, setting down in a most elegant fashion, and allowing you to land on your feet quite comfortably. Taking a brief moment to orient yourself, you give your surroundings the old once-over. Nothing but forest, except...

To the rear of the clearing is a rather awkward looking building; the poor thing suffered under the hands of an architect who tried to blend several styles, but just could not quite accomplish such a lofty goal. A wide assortment of items sits out front, heaped in little piles of roughly sorted things. Battered and dinged, a sign is set above the door, reading something like... "Kou-rin-dou?"

It looks rather a bit like one of the many junk shops from back home, complete with a nonsense name.

Just as you consider querying your lady, she snatches your hand again and marches you over to the entrance, throwing the door open with a slam that rattles the entire wooden building's frame. She really can be forceful.

She stalks in impatiently, eyes darting about the room. You haven't much time to examine the rather chaotic foyer of this place, with shelves and shelves of more things than you can imagine laying about, various items propping up other items. This place could certainly use a bit of the womanly touch; for that matter, even the gents you know keep house a fair sight better than this...

"Get out here right this instant, Morichika!"

Miss Lorelei's holler is a bit startling. Really, her voice is quite beautiful, it shouldn't be squandered on such...

A man in blue pajamas stumbles down a staircase at the back of the room, carrying a lantern. Rather a messy looking fellow, with peculiar silver hair, and bloodshot yellow eyes. He carries an old lit candle on a stand with him, and looks for all the world as though he has just climbed out of bed.

Well, Miss Lorelei's lovely voice shouldn't be squandered on such unkempt gentlemen as this, at any rate. Has he no sense of shame?

"M'risa?" His bass grumble sounds a tad slurred.

"Don't compare me to that black-white thief!" Miss Lorelei looks positively livid at whatever suggestion that man's grumble may have been.

The man stares blankly at her for a moment or two, then stumbles over to a nearby counter and fumbles about for something. His blind groping eventually leads him to place a pair of thin spectacles upon his face, whereupon he gives Miss Lorelei a second look.

"Lorelei?" He looks put off. "You know these aren't shop hours, what are you--"

Rather abruptly, Miss Lorelei forces you out in front of her, tapping her foot against the ground in a most irritated fashion.

"This man! Get him some new clothes! His rags are a mess!"

The man adjusts his glances and peers at you, leaning forward slightly before recoiling as though he had been slapped with the butt of a rifle.

"Good lord, you're right! That's appalling. You were right to bring him here so quickly!"

Wait... what? You glance down at your pants and shirt. Certainly, they may be a bit patchwork what with how many times you've had to mend them, and their colors may be more of a loose suggestion than solid, but... they're not that terrible, are they? There's nothing wrong with your jacket, even if it is a bit old, and while your shoes are admittedly somewhat worn, surely they're not that poor.

Your clothes aren't... that bad.

"Right! His clothes are awful!" Why must you be so cruel, Miss Lorelei? "So hurry up and find him something decent!"

Suddenly the man is right in front of you, eyes burning with a disturbing degree of focus. He grips you by the shoulders and begins shoving you toward the stairs he descended from, his surprising strength forcing you to walk just to keep from being bowled over and trampled underfoot like so many autumn leaves.

"Now wait just a minute, my good man, I--"

"And let him use your razor! That beard looks scruffy as hell!"

You let yourself be shunted up the stairs. A lady, Miss Lorelei at that, thinks your clothes are awful, and your beard looks scruffy? That's... that's just...

You feel dead inside.

---

Once that strange blue-clad fellow gets you up the stairs he gives you a briefing of sorts; what happens to be where, that sort of thing. You just nod dumbly until he scurries off into another room for one reason or another. This is all very distressing.

At last you give the room a sweeping look. Lots of clothes on racks and hangars. There looks to be a changing room of some type on one end of the room.

You rally yourself somewhat. This is no time to be moping about. Miss Lorelei thinks your clothes are atrocious, does she? Well then, you'll just have to show her and pick out something great.

[ ] Look for something mildly professional that will match her outfit to an extent; you're going to be working for her after all.

[ ] Look for something casual. After all, these are clothes you will wearing often, yes?

[ ] Perhaps you could ask that weird shopkeeper for some advice on what to choose? No. There is not a chance that you will take advice from that man. He wears powder blue pajamas, and he looks worse than you right now, no matter what criticisms he has of your clothing.

>> No. 9678
[!/] Look for something mildly professional that will match her outfit to an extent; you're going to be working for her after all.

BARTENDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR~
>> No. 9679
[x] Look for something casual. After all, these are clothes you will wearing often, yes?

It seems like we're going to be doing more manual labor than bartending.
>> No. 9680
[X] Look for something casual. After all, these are clothes you will wearing often, yes?

As >>9679 says, we're no white-collar worker.

>patchwork
I see what was done here.
>> No. 9682
>>9677
[X] Craft Lawrence
Proof that you can dress professionally and practically.

Also, Mystia is our Horo.
>> No. 9683
[X] How about a cross between Casual and Professional? Something comfortable, yet stylish. Something utilitarian, yet visually pleasing.
>> No. 9684
>>9678
Holy fuck, yes! This fits perfectly.

[ ] Look for something mildly professional that will match her outfit to an extent; you're going to be working for her after all.

Sidecar is now playing inside your head.
>> No. 9686
[x] Look for something mildly professional that will match her outfit to an extent; you're going to be working for her after all.

Some casual oufits can be midly professional.
>> No. 9687
[x] Look for something mildly professional that will match her outfit to an extent; you're going to be working for her after all.
>> No. 9689
[ ] Look for something mildly professional that will match her outfit to an extent; you're going to be working for her after all.

I get oil and lubricant stains from working in my 'professional' clothes all the time. They don't have to be uncomfortable professional clothes.
>> No. 9695
>You feel dead inside. Which means you don't feel better. At all.
>> No. 9697
[†] Look for something mildly professional that will match her outfit to an extent; you're going to be working for her after all.
>> No. 9698
[ ] Look for something mildly professional that will match her outfit to an extent; you're going to be working for her after all.

...C'mon, the jacket's not that bad... is it?

Better keep the hat though.
>> No. 9699
[X] Look for something mildly professional that will match her outfit to an extent; you're going to be working for her after all.
>> No. 9700
[ ] Look for something mildly professional that will match her outfit to an extent; you're going to be working for her after all.
I'm thinking butler
>> No. 9710
[x] A SUIT MADE OF UPDATES AND TEXT
>> No. 9713
[X] Look for something mildly professional that will match her outfit to an extent; you're going to be working for her after all.

***

But what would be the most appropriate outfit to present yourself to her with? As her humble worker you will require a suitably professional look for your clothes that at the same time offers some way of distinguishing your affiliation. The ensemble will, of course, have to be comfortable as well...

Well, you have quite the selection available to you, do you not?

A spot of rummaging has you coming away with some nice brown dress trousers, and a silk button-up shirt in that same, ever so slightly brown-or-pink tinted white that adorns parts of Miss Lorelei's own attire. You even dig up some nice brown socks to go with your newly discovered brown loafers. Rather a nice selection, if you do say so yourself.

Now, that old fogey in blue said something or other about a wash room, didn't he... yes, it should be right over here...

You lock the door behind you after finding your way into the room; it would not be proper to chance your lady walking in on your changing, and... well, the gentleman that runs this store leaves you just a tad too uncomfortable to even risk his presence while you change. That taken care of, you set the clothes down on a small shelf, and set about changing. It takes very little time, naturally, but as comfortable as this outfit may be, you feel a tinge of remorse when you look at your old clothes; they may have been through quite a lot, but they went through it all with you.

Well, you may not be given an adequate excuse to use your dear old trappings any time in the foreseeable future, but you take care to properly fold each article of cloth all the same. Old friends deserve great care, after all.

With all the tasks regarding your wardrobe out of the way, there is sadly only one task left to you. With a heavy heart, you turn your attention to the sink, where an innocuous little straight razor sits, an almost quaint shaving brush and jar of shaving cream at its side.

---

The last hairs of your beard and mustache swirl down the sink drain. A quick look in the mirror reveals that you are quite clean - no cuts, even - but...

You feel sort of naked.

Heaving one last sigh of regret, you offer your departed facial hair a silent elegy, and quickly wash your face off. Gathering your old garments together, you unlock the door and swing it wide...

... and find that man in the blue pajamas staring intently at you. He looks you up and down, eventually offering you an approving eye, which frankly is quite a bit more unnerving than anything else he's done so far.

"You clean up well."

You offer no reply to the man's compliment, feeling thoroughly put off by him. Brushing by wordlessly, you quickly make your way downstairs, back into the foyer of the junk shop, hopeful to find your lady as quick as possible. You spot her almost immediately, bent over some pile of odds and ends, examining various objects with a curious eye, and humming quietly to herself.

[ ] Well, what are you waiting for? Would it not be appropriate to ask for your lady's opinion of your new ensemble?

[ ] ... it would be rude to interrupt her, wouldn't it? At any rate, you're certainly not merely stalling because her rear is such a pleasant sight...

[ ] Just what is it she's searching for? Why not see for yourself?
>> No. 9714
[x] Just what is it she's searching for? Why not see for yourself?

Let's not waste any of the boss's time on needless preening; if she wants to say something about your appearance, she will.
>> No. 9715
[x] ... it would be rude to interrupt her, wouldn't it? At any rate, you're certainly not merely stalling because her rear is such a pleasant sight...

The description of Mystia's ass better be 3 paragraphs long. Or more.
>> No. 9716
{X} Just what is it she's searching for? Why not see for yourself?
>> No. 9717
[x] Just what is it she's searching for? Why not see for yourself?
>> No. 9718
[X] Just what is it she's searching for? Why not see for yourself?
>> No. 9719
[x] ... it would be rude to interrupt her, wouldn't it? At any rate, you're certainly not merely stalling because her rear is such a pleasant sight...
>> No. 9720
[x] ... it would be rude to interrupt her, wouldn't it? At any rate, you're certainly not merely stalling because her rear is such a pleasant sight...
>> No. 9721
[x] ... it would be rude to interrupt her, wouldn't it? At any rate, you're certainly not merely stalling because her rear is such a pleasant sight...

just long enough to admire then

[x] Just what is it she's searching for? Why not see for yourself?
>> No. 9723
[X] Just what is it she's searching for? Why not see for yourself?
>> No. 9731
[X] Just what is it she's searching for? Why not see for yourself?
>> No. 9732
[x] ... it would be rude to interrupt her, wouldn't it? At any rate, you're certainly not merely stalling because her rear is such a pleasant sight...

richboi.jpg
>> No. 9733
[ ] ... it would be rude to interrupt her, wouldn't it? At any rate, you're certainly not merely stalling because her rear is such a pleasant sight...
[ ] Just what is it she's searching for? Why not see for yourself?

I will settle for 1 or 1.5 paragraphs on Mystia's ass if we can combine these by staring at her for a bit, then snapping out of it, and walking over.
Although three would be lovely.
>> No. 9734
>The description of Mystia's ass better be 3 paragraphs long. Or more.

A picture will do.
>> No. 9735
[X] ... it would be rude to interrupt her, wouldn't it? At any rate, you're certainly not merely stalling because her rear is such a pleasant sight...

I loves me some Mystia.
>> No. 9736
[†] Just what is it she's searching for? Why not see for yourself?
>> No. 9744
[x] ... it would be rude to interrupt her, wouldn't it? At any rate, you're certainly not merely stalling because her rear is such a pleasant sight...
>> No. 9855
UPDATES
>> No. 9867
[X] Just what is it she's searching for? Why not see for yourself?

***

It might seem a tad selfish of you to interrupt her search only for the purpose of putting yourself on display. Indeed, as her employee, is it not in your interest to attend to her, rather than to have her attend to you? With that being the case, it would clearly be most appropriate to assist her in her rummaging.

Quickly now, you tuck the bundle of your former outfit beneath one arm, and approach the lady from behind. She appears to be unawares of your approach, and in fact fails to register your presence even when you stand directly behind her, no more than a foot away. Seizing the initiative, you lean forward over her back and look over her shoulder; she seems to be occupied with a little collection of quaint antique musical boxes, picking up and examining each with interest. You do wait for her to set her current item of fancy down before you speak.

"Do you fancy musical boxes, Miss Lorelei?"

The lady starts in surprise, a panicked chirp escaping her as she bumps against you for a moment before beginning to lose her balance. You quickly reach out and put one arm about her waist to steady her, then straighten yourself up while using your arm to stand her up along with you, sparing her a rather nasty little fall. The action results in her briefly leaning against you, long enough for you to note that she's marvelously light for her size, and that her wings feel rather pleasant against your chest, even with the fabric of your new shirt interposing itself between the two of you.

She's also very pleasantly warm...

Miss Lorelei sees fit to end this moment, however, by wriggling about enough to turn herself around and face you. She graces you with her by now very familiar expression of indignance for only a moment, her face flushing red as she looks at you, and her lips parted as if she has been nonplussed. This particular moment seems to stretch itself out longer than it should before the lady abruptly shoves you away, sending you stumbling back and her to the floor on her rear. She gives you a rather distressingly cross little glare.

"Ju..." She pants and brings her hand to her chest. "Just what do you think you're doing? Don't surprise me like that!"

[ ] Explain yourself, then help her up. You seem to have startled her; most ungentlemanly of you.

[ ] Apologize and assist her onto her feet. There is never an excuse for giving a lady a fright, and you will not disgrace yourself by offering one.

[ ] More importantly, she is very warm, and she certainly lost her balance rather easily. As her subordinate, her health should be your primary concern. Check her temperature again. Forehead-to-forehead.
>> No. 9868
>[X] Just what is it she's searching for? Why not see for yourself?

Can't believe this won.
>> No. 9869
[x] More importantly, she is very warm, and she certainly lost her balance rather easily. As her subordinate, her health should be your primary concern. Check her temperature again, kneeling and touching the back of your palm to her forehead.

Headbutting her would be a rather crude way of gauging her condition, and quite difficult to pull off considering your relative positions. This I think would maintain the wanted effect of flustering her, without testing the borders of her credulity.
>> No. 9870
[x] Apologize and assist her onto her feet. There is never an excuse for giving a lady a fright, and you will not disgrace yourself by offering one.
>> No. 9871
>>9868
I voted for it because I knew this was exactly what was going to happen, shit's adorable bro


[X] Apologize and assist her onto her feet. There is never an excuse for giving a lady a fright, and you will not disgrace yourself by offering one.
>> No. 9872
[ ] More importantly, she is very warm, and she certainly lost her balance rather easily. As her subordinate, her health should be your primary concern. Check her temperature again. Headbutt her forehead.

This sounds good.
>> No. 9873
[x] Apologize and assist her onto her feet. There is never an excuse for giving a lady a fright, and you will not disgrace yourself by offering one
>> No. 9874
[x] Apologize and assist her onto her feet. There is never an excuse for giving a lady a fright, and you will not disgrace yourself by offering one
>> No. 9875
[X] Combine 2 and 3, except for 3, should be hand to forehead.

Lazy vote.....
>> No. 9876
[x] More importantly, she is very warm, and she certainly lost her balance rather easily. As her subordinate, her health should be your primary concern. Check her temperature again. Forehead-to-forehead.
>> No. 9877
[x] Apologize and assist her onto her feet. There is never an excuse for giving a lady a fright, and you will not disgrace yourself by offering one
>> No. 9880
[x] Apologize and assist her onto her feet. There is never an excuse for giving a lady a fright, and you will not disgrace yourself by offering one
>> No. 9883
[x] Apologize and assist her onto her feet. There is never an excuse for giving a lady a fright, and you will not disgrace yourself by offering one
>> No. 9884
[x] Apologize and assist her onto her feet. There is never an excuse for giving a lady a fright, and you will not disgrace yourself by offering one
>> No. 9892
[†] Apologize and assist her onto her feet. There is never an excuse for giving a lady a fright, and you will not disgrace yourself by offering one
>> No. 9900
[X] More importantly, she is very warm, and she certainly lost her balance rather easily. As her subordinate, her health should be your primary concern. Check her temperature again. Forehead-to-forehead.

Our employer's health is surely our top priority.
>> No. 9902
[X] Apologize and assist her onto her feet. There is never an excuse for giving a lady a fright, and you will not disgrace yourself by offering one
>> No. 9917
Only one update on the weekend... :(
I know it's not your fault Patchwork. I'm just sad.
>> No. 9918
>>9917

Yeah, I felt bad about that. I finished most of the next update last night, and it was a great cut off point, so I finished it up.

***

[X] Apologize and assist her onto her feet. There is never an excuse for giving a lady a fright, and you will not disgrace yourself by offering one.

***

"I do apologize for startling you, Miss Lorelei." Lowering yourself to one knee, you offer the lady your hand. "That was rather ungentlemanly of me."

Although she maintains a very cute pout the intensity of her glare subsides. She turns her nose up at you again, yet reaches out to take your hand all the same. It's remarkable how well her hand fits yours...

"Well, fine." Miss Lorelei allows you to help her back to her feet, her cheeks tinted red once again. "Just make sure it doesn't happen again."

Offering her as gentle a smile as you can, you bow slightly and bring your other hand to rest atop hers, such that her hand is clasped between both of your own. While the action does seem to make her cheeks color a bit further, it is imperative to always make a promise properly.

"I assure you, Miss Lorelei, that I will avoid such unwelcome surprises in the future."

"Yeah..." She withdraws her hand rather quickly, much to your quiet disappointment. Her face is glowing a good deal more brightly, curiously, and she does not seem to be able to look you in the eye. A prolonged silence sets you to worrying ever so slightly; have you perhaps done something that has displeased her?

"Anyway," her voice puts you at ease again, "you finished picking out your clothes, right?"

"Indeed." You straighten up and present yourself properly. "Are they to your liking?"

"Yeah." While she still refuses to look directly upon you, her yellow eyes do dart your way in a manner that, to your mind, seems almost shy. "You... you look good in that."

Oh my, really? Well, it certainly is nice to receive a compliment from a lovely lady...

"Thank you, Miss Lorelei. As your subordinate, I did try to choose an outfit to match yours. Would you have anything else to add to it?"

"No!" Her shout startles you just a tad. "It's perfectly fine! Just... just wait here while I get everything paid for! And don't think this isn't coming out of your paycheck!"

"As you say, Miss Lorelei..."

Really, perhaps you should have checked her temperature after all. Her skin is looking far too flush...

---

Your lady's good health seems to be assured, much to your relief, as the pink tinge of her skin gradually fades during your journey back to her stall. The flush never quite leaves her completely, however, even when the two of you have reached your little home again. Speaking of which, the stall looks rather more like a little house now, with little wooden walls fastened to the counter; evidently your lady was resourceful enough to design retracting walls for her business venture. Really, her design skills are a marvel.

The two of you elect to remain rather quiet as she opens the stall door and ushers you inside. Once in, she shows you to her little wardrobe cupboard, storing your old clothing and a few spares of your new ensemble within. There is a sad lack of space in the cupboard, making the storage a bit cramped, and Miss Lorelei starts a bit of a ruckus upon the realization that she is showing you her unmentionables, but it all seems to sort itself out well enough in the end.

As the night draws to a close, everything is in order, and the two of you prepare for bed. As before, Miss Lorelei takes a blanket for herself, and you are forced to rely on your jacket for some meager cover. Such is life. As the two of you settle into opposite corners of the little stall, Miss Lorelei speaks up.

"Hey."

"Yes?"

"You know, you... I mean, most people wouldn't... oh, never mind!"

"Miss Lorelei?"

"Well, I just..." She sighs, snuggling into her blanket. Those pretty yellow eyes of hers peer out at you from beneath the fabric, glittering softly in the dark. It's a very pleasant sight... like your own private set of stars, you might say. "How can you be so accepting?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean... you were totally fine with having to work for me. You treated it like it was totally normal. How come nothing bothers you?"

Oh? Well...

"You can't control much of what happens to you, at least as I see it. So, when something happens, just take it in stride; if it's something bad you can work past it, and if it's something good you can enjoy it; and sometimes it's something in between, and you can find something good where you don't expect it. There's always some good to be found if you just look for it."

Silence. My word, perhaps you have impressed her?

"You really are dumber than Cirno."

Or perhaps not. All the same, her tone this time is far too gentle to be a rebuke or incredulity; no, it was almost friendly. Turning down your cap's brim, you smile to yourself.

"That's life."

---

Prologue - That's Life END
>> No. 9919
Sudden END.. Nooo moar Tsun.tsun Mystia!

Oh my bad that's just the prologue...
...
That's just the prologue right?!
>> No. 9920
>>9919

Yes, that's just the prologue. Episode 1 starts Saturday.
>> No. 9921
>>9920

Oh. Good.
I thought we fucked up.
>> No. 9929
>>9920

YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>> No. 9939
>>9920
Thank god! I-i mean thank you!
>> No. 9981
It's the weekend! Why aren't you we working for it? Customers are waiting!
>> No. 9982
>>9981

FUCK YEA
Mima~sama
>> No. 9983
>>9981

I am, in fact, working for it. A little more time, and something should be up, rest assured.
>> No. 9984
Episode 1 - Build Me Up Buttercup

***

It's too damn early to wake up.

You need not feel the warmth and heat of the sun to know that the accursed orb is liable to blazing its way high across the sky. No, just the mild shifts in temperature and lighting alert you well enough to the time, said time being "too damn early." Well, if the day thinks it can pry you from your sleep, then it can go shove itself where its herald doesn't shi--

A mild pain strikes in your side, and a string of noises that you simply don't have energy to decipher reaches your ears. Goodness, has the day learned to assault you now? Grudgingly you snatch your cap off your head and open your eyes, about ready to give the day a goodly piece of your mind--

And you come to face-to-face with Miss Lorelei.

You force your blossoming frown aside, greeting her with as friendly a smile as you can muster. Dear me, but in the future it would be helpful to awaken before your lady. It may prove a tad difficult to suppress your rather less than comely morning disposition otherwise.

"Good morrow, Miss Lorelei. Did you sleep well?"

The intense little stare she has fixed you with softens.

"Just fine. Come on, get up. It's time for breakfast; you're going to be doing more work today, so you need to be sure to eat well."

Ah, of course. Gathering yourself together, you find your way to your feet with little complaint. Satisfied that you at least look presentable, even if you do not feel presentable, you query Miss Lorelei in regards to your work for the day.

"Is there anything in particular that requires my attention today?"

"I thought today I would teach you how to cook properly, at least if you didn't already know how. If you're going to be working for me, you're going to need to know how to work the grill properly." As she speaks, Miss Lorelei fiddles with the base of the wooden wall attached to the counter. "So, do you have any experience with grilling?"

"I am possessed of a basic aptitude for it, I suppose. Unfortunately, I must admit that I am certainly no master of the art."

"Yeah, I expected that much, you..." Miss Lorelei slides the wooden shutter of the stall upward, and trails off. You glance outside curiously, catching sight of quite a large mob of faeries fluttering about the little cart, just before Miss Lorelei slams the shutter back down. A pregnant silence ensues.

"Please tell me you didn't see any faeries outside." Miss Lorelei sighs dejectedly.

"I apologize, Miss Lorelei, but I mislike lying to women."

Grumbling under her breath, your employer reaches into her dress and withdraws a single card of some sort from within.

"If this starts to get messy, then duck."

After issuing her brief order, she throws the shutter back up and tenses. You can see that she is more than ready to pounce if necessary. A wave excitement passes through the cloud of faeries outside, and they begin to chatter amongst themselves. Miss Lorelei coughs loudly, and quite surprisingly manages to quiet them all.

"What do you want?"

Another round of commotion seizes the faeries, and a particular little fairy in a white dress is bustled forward. Cluctched in her tiny arms, almost too thick for her to hold, is a large collection of stems, each one attached to a different flower. It seems to be a large bouquet of flowers; Bells of Ireland, Buttercups, even Red Clovers. Quite the collection. The little fairy totters forward precariously, presenting the arrangement to Miss Lorelei as best she can.

"Alright, I get it," Miss Lorelei discreetly tucks the card in her hand away, and gently takes the offered bouquet, "you're all very sorry about ruining my stand, is that it?"

The faeries all shuffle about in unison, bowing politely. It occurs to you that these are the very same faeries that accosted you on the night you met Miss Lorelei; the very same faeries that you were fairly certain she had killed. Well, that's rather... puzzling.

"Alright, alright. I forgive you, already." Miss Lorelei shakes her head and rolls her eyes as the faeries seem to burst into celebration, once again starting a commotion. You can't really pick out any particular words, but they seem happy. Miss Lorelei taps her foot impatiently. "Anything else?"

The commotion dies down, but a visible jostling passes through their formation like a wave. One fairy in a little black dress is tossed to the counter, shunted out of the group. She looks up at you and seems to panic, turning about as if to run, but is kept from escaping by the rest of her group forming ranks and acting as a wall. She glances up and down the wall for any weaknesses, but sags upon finding no way out.

The little fairy turns back around, walking over the counter to stop in front of you. My, but she is a precious little thing, isn't she? Even standing upon the counter, she only comes up to your chest. She rather reminds you of...

Oh, this is the little one that you had thrown during the chase that night, isn't it? Yes, she has the same fancy black dress, and the twin sets of translucent insect wings. Her porcelain skin makes her seem as doll-like as ever. Now that you have the time to examine her more leisurely, you can ascertain that she really is an adorable little thing. A nice white shawl and various red ribbons show a good sense of aesthetics, matching her dress perfectly. Her soft blond hair hangs in short twin braids in the front, which frame her delicate little face perfectly, and a larger braid behind, each braid tied with red ribbon.

The only thing that seems off is that she no longer wears her innocent little smile.

Instead, she bears a rather bashful little crooked smile that keeps faltering into a pout, as though she is unsure of herself. Her pale cheeks are stained pink, and her sparkling blue eyes keep darting up to look at you. Nervously, she reaches up and wraps one of her fingers in one of her braids.

You kneel down a bit, so that the two of you are level with one another. She may be small, but she is still a lady, and as such deserves appropriate treatment.

"Do you have some business with me, my dear?"

The little one jumps, as if startled, and turns her back to you. She seems to fidget about for a moment, then faces you again, this time holding a set of pink carnations and purple lilacs in her arms. You're unsure of where she produced these from, but merely excuse it as some form of whimsical fairy magic. After all, faeries are supposed to possess such mystical talents, are they not?

Still blushing, the little one holds the flowers out to you, trembling in place as she does so. You smile at her, and she only seems to tremble more.

"Are these for me?"

She nods wordlessly, turning her head to face the counter.

Well, it would be most rude to refuse a woman's gift.

[ ] Accept the flowers. Set them into your cap, as they will look nice there.

[ ] Accept the flowers. Tie them to your shirt shoulder, as a corsage of sorts.

[ ] Accept the flowers, but don't do anything in particular with them.
>> No. 9986
[!/] Accept the flowers. Set them into your cap, as they will look nice there.

Fabulous
>> No. 9987
[x] Accept the flowers. Tie them to your shirt shoulder, as a corsage of sorts.

Aww. I hope we see more of these fairies.
>> No. 9988
[x] Accept the flowers. Set them into your cap, as they will look nice there.

I pictured this. Minus the suzuran, and Medicine.
>> No. 9989
>> No. 9990
[X] Accept the flowers. Tie them to your shirt shoulder, as a corsage of sorts.
>> No. 9992
[X] Accept the flowers. Tie them to your shirt shoulder, as a corsage of sorts.
>> No. 9993
{X} Accept the flowers. Tie them to your shirt shoulder, as a corsage of sorts.
>> No. 9998
[X] Accept the flowers. Tie them to your shirt shoulder, as a corsage of sorts.
>> No. 9999
[X] Accept the flowers. Tie them to your shirt shoulder, as a corsage of sorts.

HNNGGGGG
>> No. 10000
[X] Accept the flowers. Tie them to your shirt shoulder, as a corsage of sorts.
>> No. 10004
[X] Accept the flowers. Tie them to your shirt shoulder, as a corsage of sorts.
>> No. 10007
[x] Accept the flowers. Set them into your cap, as they will look nice there.

Most of that post was pure HNNNNNNNG, Patchwork.
>> No. 10008
[X] Accept the flowers, but don't do anything in particular with them.
Mystia's watching, do we really want to do anything extra now? Jealousy can kill and all that.
>> No. 10009
[X] Accept the flowers. Tie them to your shirt shoulder, as a corsage of sorts.

Goddamn it, where's my insulun.
>> No. 10010
[X] Accept the flowers. Tie them to your shirt shoulder, as a corsage of sorts.

d'awww
>> No. 10018
An update which comes later than I would like, but is here nonetheless.

***

[X] Accept the flowers. Tie them to your shirt shoulder, as a corsage of sorts.

***

The little lady is so fragile looking that you use the most delicate of touches when you take her hand, gently plucking the small bouquet from her fingers with your other hand. She peers shyly up at you as she relinquishes her hold on the flower stems and brings her hands to her cheeks, hiding her blush in a most demure fashion. To express your appreciation of her gift in an appropriate manner, you bring the flowers to your face and inhale deeply their fresh scent; the fairy only blushes more fiercely at the sight of it.

With a careful hand you take the stems of the plants and twine them together, weaving them into a rather fine makeshift pin. With the plants bound together so well it is a simple matter to clip them to your shirt shoulder, from which they hang down over your heart in a most distinguished way. Reaching out, you cup the fairy's chin with one finger and offer her a sincere smile.

"I dearly appreciate your gifts, my lady. I shall keep them close to me."

The poor dear appears to hyperventilate for a moment, her small breaths quickening greatly. For the briefest of moments she reaches up and touches her soft hands to yours, but she soon withdraws her hands and stumbles back with a quiet squeak. The little darling mouths silent words at you, her blush spreading all the way to the tips of her pretty little fingers. With a final quiet shout she spins on her heels and dashes away, bowling through her fairy companions and sending them scattering; the little mob breaks into a chorus of cheers and giggles, and many of the girls chase after their fleeing friend, but not before several swoop around and pat you on the back or flutter their eyelashes at you.

You watch in amusement as the little ones fade into the distance, their shouts and laughter still lingering in the air even after they vanish. Miss Lorelei heaves a sigh as they go, then gets down and fishes a cup out of the stand; she sets the flowers in it and leaves it on the counter. You turn your attention to her and chuckle to yourself.

"Miss Lorelei, if I may inquire, were those the little ones that--"

"Yes," she shakes her head and smiles weakly, "those were the faeries that ruined the stand."

So, they were, but then...

"May I ask how that is possible? I was certain you had... disposed of them all during the commotion."

"They reincarnate really fast... it's kind of hard to explain, but faeries have a totally different concept of life and death than the rest of us."

Well, that certainly explains that. You feel surprisingly relieved that the little ladies are all well and fine. Perhaps it's because they have proved to be such a welcome intrusion; they even managed to dispel your morning moodiness. Although, come to think of it...

"They seem quite a bit more friendly than I seem to recall them being."

"Well," Miss Lorelei leans heavily on the counter, a real smile tugging at her lips, "they really aren't all that bad. They can be pests and nuisances, but... they don't really mean any harm. They're just a little too playful for their own good, and... well, they're kind of stupid sometimes. They were probably just trying to scare you that night that they chased you, then got too excited by the chase to realize how troublesome they were being."

"Miss Lorelei," you allow yourself a small smile, "if I didn't know better, I would say that you sound almost fond of them."

"Just a little." She admits. "They remind of Cirno."

"Indeed." Privately, you allow yourself the hope of seeing the little darlings again. They really are quite nice when they aren't so aggressive. In particular...

You grin to yourself as you trace the shape of the flowers pinned to your shirt. That little one really did seem quite charming. Although, something about her choice of flowers is bothersome. It's not that pink carnations and purple lilacs aren't nice flowers, but... there's something about them that bothers you. You can't quite place it, but something in the back of your mind tells you that these particular flowers mean something other than a simple apology...

"Alright," Miss Lorelei straightens up and begins to adjust some buttons on the grill built into the counter, "go around and take a seat. We really do need to have breakfast and get started on your lessons."

You give your lady a tip of your hat and shuffle out the door of the stall. Today feels like it will be a good one for you.

---

After a brisk, but filling, breakfast, Miss Lorelei leads you out into the woods, chirping a pleasing melody as she goes. Much to your curiosity, she has you bring a set of lidded buckets with you, and she refuses to enlighten you as to their purpose. Apparently she feels the need to offer your some surprise, claiming that such mystery will be an incentive for you. Much to your consternation, she appears to be right; the longer you go without knowing the purpose of this task, the more you wish to complete it.

Before long you are given an answer to your questions when she leads you out to a small river. She slips off her shoes and socks, and approaches the riverbank while gesturing for you to do the same.

"Alright, this is your first bit of work for the day. I'm going to teach you how to catch eels." She grasps the hem of her skirt and gathers a large amount of the fabric to her hands, tying it at her waist. The end result is that her skirt clings tightly to her hips, and you have a wonderful view of her very appealing legs. It really is a shame she didn't tie the skirt high enough to give you a glimpse of her undergarments...

You purge that thought from your mind. That was most ungentlemanly.

"Take your shoes and socks off, and roll up your pantlegs. You're going to have to follow me into the river." With that said, Miss Lorelei takes a dainty step into the gentle current of the river and wades out a ways before turning around and waving you over.

You stoop down and remove your loafers and socks, setting them aside once you're done. Then it's on to your pant legs...

In the middle of adjusting your clothes, a rustling noise draws your attention. Out the corner of your eyes you can see a bush jostling about. A head pokes out for a moment - that of a fairy - and looks over at you, before vanishing back into the brush. The rustling increases in intensity, and the little fairy who gave you your new corsage is thrust from the undergrowth; she looks up at you and panics for a moment before dashing back toward the bushes. She struggles to get back under cover of the greenery, and you can see a few stray splotches of color that you suspect belong to several other fairies that must be keeping her from retreating.

[ ] Perhaps you should go over and see her? She seems to be having a rough time.

[ ] No, no. Leave her be. This is her own business.
>> No. 10019
Purple lilacs symbolize the first emotions of love, but pink carnations symbolize a mother's love.

I'm getting some conflicting messages here.
>> No. 10021
>>10019

Does this mean she wants us to make babies with her?
>> No. 10023
>>10019
>I'm getting some conflicting messages here.
What.
I think I am as well.
>> No. 10024
[!/] Perhaps you should go over and see her? She seems to be having a rough time.


Might as well....
>> No. 10025
>>10019

That's one meaning, yes, but it also has more general meanings of either never forgetting someone or just a woman's love. But, then, I'm no expert in the language of flowers; I could have just chosen the wrong one for this situation.
>> No. 10027
[x] Perhaps you should go over and see her? She seems to be having a rough time.

Ignoring what Mystia told us to do in favor of a random nameless fairy that's smitten with us? Sign me up.
>> No. 10028
>>10018
[X] Perhaps you should go over and see her? She seems to be having a rough time.

While getting to work is important, I'd like to intervene on behalf of our little admirer; need to nip this harassment in the bud.

Language of flowers? HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
>> No. 10029
[X] No, no. Leave her be. This is her own business.
>> No. 10030
[X] No, no. Leave her be. This is her own business.
>> No. 10032
{X} No, no. Leave her be. This is her own business.
>> No. 10034
[X] Wave to her as a greeting and go to Mystia.

We don't have to completely ignore her, but a wet Mystia is expecting us in the river.
>> No. 10035
>>10019
As Freud would say, that fairy is our mother and we wish to violate her all night long.

But then again Freud's a loony.

[X] No, no. Leave her be. This is her own business.
>> No. 10036
[X] Wave to her as a greeting and go to Mystia.
>> No. 10043
[X] Wave to her as a greeting and go to Mystia

wet Mystia.... here we come~
>> No. 10045
[X] Wave to her as a greeting and go to Mystia.
>> No. 10046
[X] Wave to her as a greeting and go to Mystia.

Yeah, this sounds good.
>> No. 10047
[X] Wave to her as a greeting and go to Mystia.
>> No. 10059
[x] Wave to her as a greeting and go to Mystia.

There's only Mystia route in this, right? Poor unrequited fairy.
>> No. 10225
Nothing?
>> No. 10226
>>10225
>> No. 10227
>>10225
SATURDAY & SUNDAY = WEEKEND; WE MUST WORK IT
>> No. 10231
[X] Wave to her as a greeting and go to Mystia.

***

As much as you would love to do something for the poor dear, you do have obligations of your own to see to. Still, as a gentleman, it would only be proper to show the lady your recognition, and at least explain your non-action should she require assistance. As soon as you finish rolling your trouser legs up to a suitable degree, you turn yourself in the direction of the little fairy.

The girl continues her seemingly futile struggle to return to the foliage, but one stray glance over her shoulder causes her to freeze like a child caught with their hand in the proverbial cookie jar. You offer the fair maiden a polite wave, and she turns about to offer you a rigid wave of her own. Giving the little lady your best smile prompts a rather interesting response that is best described as melting: her whole body appears to go limp, and she sinks to her knees with a bright blush and a simper.

Well, you always did have a nice smile.

Satisfied that you have shown her your presence, you assume she wil alert you if she needs anything, and proceed to wade out into the river. Miss Lorelei awaits you with an impatient stare, and you suspect that she may once again be tapping her foot beneath the water. Feeling just a tad sheepish, you make your way over and present yourself as best you can.

"Took you long enough," Miss Lorelei comments, rolling up her sleeves, "now listen up..."

What ensues is an explanation and demonstration of how to properly retrieve the lamprey eels she uses at her stand. While you put your best honest effort into concentrating on her words, you have to admit that you find your attention wandering. You try and direct it back to her demonstration each time it moves away, but you are not sure how; this sort of thing has never happened to you before...

It certainly doesn't help matters that what your attention wanders to is quite so fascinating as it is. Miss Lorelei's legs really are works of art when you watch them closely, slender but powerful, and glistening with the wet coating of river water... speaking of which, the river is really making her quite a bit more wet than you had expected, and each time she dips her arms into the stream the water splashes back upon her and causes her dress to cling to her in a myriad of intriguing ways. More interestingly, watching her exert herself like this is rather... enjoyable; you never really considered it in such a way before, but there is something very attractive about a working woman...

"Your turn."

You snap out of your daze as your lady fixes you with an expectant stare.

"Ah, right, yes..."

You direct your gaze to the clear surface of the water and watch as several varieties of fish swim by lazily, the sun playing tricks off all of them. You try to recall just what it was Miss Lorelei had told you, cobbling together the parts you remember into a somewhat functional seeming frame. Alright then, roll up your sleeves and wait for a lamprey, then try...

This!

With the best speed you can manage, you deftly pluck a lamprey eel from the stream, the strange creature wriggling madly as it is exposed to the air. Well, that wasn't particularly ha-- the slippery bugger slides its way out of your hands, tumbling back into the water with a splash. You blink.

"Were you even paying attention?" Miss Lorelei snaps in a huff as your prey swims away. "You need a firmer grip than that! And you're doing it all wrong! Do you need me to show you how to grip them again?"

Well, you probably seem quite the incompetent at the moment. Still, it would be best to get this down...

[ ] Ask her to demonstrate again, if she would.

[ ] Well, perhaps you will understand better if she gives you a more... physical education in the subject.
>> No. 10233
[x] Well, perhaps you will understand better if she gives you a more... physical education in the subject.
>> No. 10235
[X] Ask her to demonstrate again, if she would.
>> No. 10238
[ ] Ask her to demonstrate again, if she would.
>> No. 10241
[X] Well, perhaps you will understand better if she gives you a more... physical education in the subject.
>> No. 10243
[ ] Well, perhaps you will understand better if she gives you a more... physical education in the subject.

I have no idea what this will bring on, but I'm all for it!
>> No. 10244
{X} Ask her to demonstrate again, if she would.
>> No. 10248
[X] Well, perhaps you will understand better if she gives you a more... physical education in the subject.
>> No. 10270
[X] Well, perhaps you will understand better if she gives you a more... physical education in the subject.
>> No. 10271
[!/] Well, perhaps you will understand better if she gives you a more...physical education in the subject.

If you know what I mean.
>> No. 10272
{X} Ask her to demonstrate again, if she would.

I have a feeling the other choice involves physical violence.
>> No. 10279
[x] Well, perhaps you will understand better if she gives you a more... physical education in the subject.

This can only end well, or in massive pain. Either of which is fine.
>> No. 10306
[X] Well, perhaps you will understand better if she gives you a more... physical education in the subject.

I'd let Mystia grip my lamprey.
>> No. 10309
There's only one thing I can see that meaning, and it seems way the fuck out of character. Unless it means her grabbing our arm, which would just be...awkward.

[x] Ask her to demonstrate again, if she would.
>> No. 10310
[X] Well, perhaps you will understand better if she gives you a more... physical education in the subject.
>> No. 10313
[x] Ask her to demonstrate again, if she would.

We're not letting that freakin' eel show us up in front of our employer.
>> No. 10319
[X] Well, perhaps you will understand better if she gives you a more... physical education in the subject.

Only, path, etc.

>>Giving the little lady your best smile prompts a rather interesting response that is best described as melting: her whole body appears to go limp, and she sinks to her knees with a bright blush and a simper.

Did we just infect her with moebeetus or something similar?
>> No. 10320
>>10319
GAR-beetus.
>> No. 10342
[ ] Ask her to demonstrate again, if she would.
>> No. 10442
This story has been suffering from a severe lack of updates.
>> No. 10452
>>10442

Indeed. I apologize for that, but I am a creature of poor habits at times. At any rate, I'll try and pump out more than the usual number of updates tomorrow.
>> No. 10453
>>10452

I would appreciate this, considering this is one of the more interesting cyoa ideas, and I was actually enjoying the protagonist.
>> No. 10463
UPDATES

I hunger for them.
>> No. 10464
[X] Well, perhaps you will understand better if she gives you a more... physical education in the subject.

***

Perhaps...

"I apologize, Miss Lorelei, but could I ask you to give me a more direct demonstration? I do believe I may grasp this more quickly if I am given a more physical direction in the basics, rather than simply shown them."

Your employer tuts quietly and shakes her head, but when she speaks you could swear the lady sounds almost amused.

"You really are a hopeless mutt, aren't you? Am I going to have to hold your hand through everything?"

In spite of her words, your lady graciously comes over and slides in directly behind you. She takes a surprisingly gentle hold of you and corrects your stance, then places her hands over yours. While Miss Lorelei is being more than generous by granting you this request, you find that this is still mildly distracting; being in contact with her makes you feel somewhat lightheaded. And of course, there are so many things worthy of your attention when she is at this proximity.

She certainly does have quite a nice figure, and though it is a bit shameful to hold such ungentlemanly feelings, you must confess that the sensation of her body against your back is most pleasant. For such a strong young woman, she has a remarkably soft touch, even though her elegant digits have the slightest of callouses. But most of all, she is so very pleasingly warm...

The tension drains out of you all at once. My, but it's hard not to relax like this, isn't it?

"Alright, ready? You'd better learn this quickly."

Miss Lorelei's musical voice does wonders to help you focus, and you channel that focus onto the lazy stream. Soon enough another lamprey draws near enough, unawares of his sad fate. Ah, the circle of life is cruel, is it not?

Just as fast as before, you snatch the eel from the water with a lightning quick swipe. Just as before, the wiggly little blighter seems as if it will give your grip the slip. Just as it is about escape, however, Miss Lorelei's fingers gently reposition your own, holding the eel with you. With your grip corrected, it would seem that the writhing lamprey is unable to escape.

"Like that. Just remember to keep your grip correct and you shouldn't have any trouble grasping a lamprey."

You nod, and Miss Lorelei plucks the eel from your hands before tossing it almost carelessly into one of the wooden buckets at the river side. From the sound of bone cracking as the lamprey lands inside the wooden bucket, and the way the container rattles, your lady certainly must have used more force than you had suspected. This seems like second nature to her.

"Alright, now it's your turn again." Miss Lorelei turns to face you again, watching expectantly. "Try and get it right this time."

"Right, Miss Lorelei." You once again turn a critical eye to the river. While you feel the pressure to satisfy your lady in the back of your mind, you do your best to relax and recall the pleasant sensation of having her so close to you. Before you are entirely aware of yourself, you have fished a lamprey out of the river, the poor little eel struggling vainly to escape your now perfected grip. Ah, muscle memory, now that is one thing you can always rely on...

"Oh, wow. Good job. I honestly thought you'd drop the ball again." A quick look up reveals that your lady looks mildly surprised. A smile finds its way to her face, and she turns that ever so familiar nose up at you once again. "It looks like holding my hand is a good motivation for you! You really do make a good dog!"

You smile at her and wander over to deposit your catch in your own bucket, albeit with considerably less force than your employer.

"If you will permit me to say so, Miss Lorelei, I never forget a lady's touch. Your guiding hand is no exception."

"Was that supposed to be--" Miss Lorelei pauses and gives a brief snort; it's surprisingly cute. "No, probably not. You're just a dumb doggy, aren't you? Well, I guess now that I know you do better with physical lessons, I'll just save myself some time and teach you everything else by hand when it comes up."

"I would appreciate that very much, Miss Lorelei." For reasons that you may admit are not entirely proper, but even so. That aside, it would be rude of you to refuse such a fair lady's generosity.

Just as you are about to turn back to the river, you spot your little fairy hiding behind the lamprey buckets. She peeks her head out and looks right past you, fixing the most adorably intense little stare on... Miss Lorelei? You follow her gaze, setting your own eyes on Miss Lorelei as she returns to her work. She really is something, isn't she? Your little fairy must be just as impressed with her as you are.

Well, it would be shameful to keep such an admirable woman waiting. Back to work with you.
>> No. 10465
---

The sun is just dipping below the horizon when you and your employer set off to return to the comfort of the stand. That certainly explains Miss Lorelei's claim that lamprey catching would need to be done early if it were done at all. Not that she's given you any reason to doubt claims she makes about her business; she is, after all, more familiar with it than you.

The friendly little fairy who seems to have trouble with being flustered still has not left you. When you and Miss Lorelei gathered up the buckets and set off for the cart, the little darling seemed to insist on coming along. At the moment, she sits atop the bucket in your arms, holding you rather tightly about the neck, and burying her head in the crook of it. At some point she passes into a light slumber. Ah, she really is the cutest little thing.

The trip passes mostly in silence, save for Miss Lorelei's cheerful humming. You're content to refrain from speaking, yourself; no need to disturb the ladies of this group. No, it would be best to simply relax and enjoy the warmth of your little fairy companion as she cuddles up to you.

Speaking of relaxation, you turn your gaze toward Miss Lorelei, watching her with some degree of interest as she hums to herself happily. She seems to be acting more naturally right now than you have seen her in the past; the first night here was rather disastrous, the second had her clearly displeased, and today... well, she seems to be occupied with getting you familiar with your new role as employee. You can make no claims to truly understanding the private thoughts of your lady, but she must be feeling quite busy and put upon, and concerned with any number of things. Once you've adapted to your duties, will she be able to relax like this more easily? Will you be able to see her when she's really at peace, or gain a better understanding of her?

... that would be quite nice, wouldn't it?

"We're back."

Miss Lorelei's calm words bring you out of your thoughts, and you find yourself standing behind her as she unlocks the stand's sole entrance. Once you've made your way back into your new home, she gestures for you to set your bucket down atop the counter, alongside the bucket she places there.

"Next, I'm going to teach you how to prepare lamprey properly. It'll be a moment while I get everything ready. Be sure to try and do a good job, because your lunch will be whatever you manage to make properly."

"As you say, Miss Lorelei."

You set your bucket down, and gingerly detach the fairy from yourself, carefully placing her atop the counter in an effort not to wake her. Just as you turn away from her, however, she stirs and sits up, rubbing one of her eyes sleepily. She reaches out and grasps the fabric of your shirt, tugging lightly on it to grab your attention. Just as before, you get down on one knee when you turn to speak with her, allowing her to see you on an equal level.

"What is it, my dear? Are you still tired?"

She nods slowly, then gestures between you and Miss Lorelei weakly. She makes a few more vague motions, but you really don't...

Ah, could she be asking...?

"Do you wish to know what it is that we are going to be doing?"

Another sleepy nod. You reach out and rub the fairy's head gently.

"Miss Lorelei will be teaching me how to prepare lamprey for her stall. If it turns out well, may I offer you the chance to taste some of my work?"

The little darling blushes and smiles, nodding again with a little more vigor.

"Very well then, I will be sure to prepare a meal for you as best I can."

You begin to withdraw your hand from the fairy, but she quickly grasps it with her own smaller hands, drawing it to her softly. She casts rather a nervous look into your eyes, and puts a visible effort into holding her gaze on you, rather than allowing her shyness to force her eyes away. It's a bit odd, but the little lady's intents communicate rather clearly to you, despite her lack of words.

"You would like to help?"

She nods once, again nervous.

[ ] It is only proper to oblige a lady's request.

[ ] Though you appreciate her concern, this is a task for you alone.
>> No. 10466
[!/] It is only proper to oblige a lady's request.

Manipulation of a Ladies' Touch?
>> No. 10467
[X] Though you appreciate her concern, this is a task for you alone.
Get out of the kitchen dear, man-time.
>> No. 10470
[×] Though you appreciate her concern, this is a task for you alone.

I don't see how a fairy can help us cook aside from the "Pass me the (Input ingredient here)".
Also, the fire might make her pop.
>> No. 10471
[×] Though you appreciate her concern, this is a task for you alone.
>> No. 10472
[X] Though you appreciate her concern, this is a task for you alone.
>> No. 10473
[x] Though you appreciate her concern, this is a task for you alone.

I'M SORRY, NAMELESS FAIRY. THIS WILL NEVER WORK OUT. YOU ARE TINY, THAT MEANS YOU HAVE LESS THAN ADEQUATE MUSCLES.
>> No. 10474
{X} Though you appreciate her concern, this is a task for you alone.
>> No. 10476
[X] Though you appreciate her concern, this is a task for you alone.
>> No. 10477
>>10473
>> No. 10478
>> No. 10480
[x] It is only proper to oblige a lady's request.

A fairy cohort would provide this story with some much needed comic relief.
>> No. 10481
[derp] Though you appreciate her concern, this is a task for you alone.
>> No. 10482
[x] Though you appreciate her concern, this is a task for you alone.
[x] Offer to let her watch your lessons instead.

Right now we need to focus on learning, and she seems pretty sleepy anyway. Maybe later, after we know what we're doing.
>> No. 10483
[x] Though you appreciate her concern, this is a task for you alone.

For all reasons discussed and implied, but also to give her more manbeetus.
>> No. 10485
[x] It is only proper to oblige a lady's request.

DO IT FAGGOT
>> No. 10487
[x] Though you appreciate her concern, this is a task for you alone.
>> No. 10488
>>10483

It's kind of neat, we have become a form of moe for said fairy.
>> No. 10491
[x] Though you appreciate her concern, this is a task for you alone.
[x] Offer to let her watch your lessons instead.
>> No. 10500
[†] Though you appreciate her concern, this is a task for you alone.

Sorry little Faery-san but i love Mystia~n much more!
>> No. 10506
[X] Though you appreciate her concern, this is a task for you alone.
Yes, this must be so.
>> No. 10507
>>10465
[X] It is only proper to oblige a lady's request.
Pissing against the tide, but I have a weakness for fairies and I never doubt their usefulness. Pic related; I still HNNNNNNNG when she sits on your shoulder after a while.
>> No. 10607
[X] It is only proper to oblige a lady's request.

Why the fuck not? Just imagine Mystia, Anon and the fairy, all the three working together. C'mon, two cooks and a waiter/waitress, the business will grow!
>> No. 10852
Where's the weekend?

You said there'd be weekend.
>> No. 10856
Working for the Weekend?

More like WAITING for the UPDATES
>> No. 10857
>>10852
>>10856

Yes, well, I was busy trying to solve a murder mystery, you see. It's important that I get around to saving potential victims before the fog rolls in, and...

Well, I suppose you're not interested in all that. Updates in a moment.
>> No. 10858
[X] Though you appreciate her concern, this is a task for you alone.

***

Alas, ma chérie, it is not to be.

"I could not impose such work upon you, my dear. This is my responsibility, and mine alone. I do, however, appreciate the concern of such a fine young lady, I assure you."

The poor dear gives you a rather dejected look, hanging her head in disappointment. Ah, such a very heart wrenching sight. To leave such a precious thing so saddened, well, it would be outrageous! You once again bring a finger to her chin and tilt her head up, idly stroking one soft cheek to calm her.

"Now, now, my dear. No need to look so glum. Simply regard it as this: I would rather put as much of my own effort as possible into a meal for a lady than risk putting forth anything less than a total commitment."

The little darling nods, offering you another of her happy little smiles as her face reddens.

"Now, you looked rather tired, so why not rest yourself? When you wake, I shall have something for you."

You withdraw your hand at least after putting forth your suggestion, and the fairy sees fit to flutter over to one corner of the counter, where she rests herself gently in the crook between the wooden platform and the stand's wall. Within moments her eyes drift shut, and she curls up in a fit of sleep. You watch her little chest rise and fall with her breaths for a moment as she snoozes; such a lovely little child. My, but it's hard not take a shine to her; she really does inspire the more protective of your instincts.

"If you're done flirting, you've got a lesson waiting, playboy."

You turn back to face Miss Lorelei, who stands with her hands on her hips, and an apron tied at her waist. Flirting? Playboy? A terribly odd choice of words, but there are more pressing things to deal with. Perhaps you will inquire about her words at another time.

"As you say, Miss Lorelei."

---

The knife twirls in your hand as you finish segmenting another eel. The process is rather a breeze, nothing but simple motions that Miss Lorelei was happy to guide you through, and which, you suspect, you were far more pleased to receive guidance on. Ah, having Miss Lorelei so close is really rather nice; certainly, it's something that you would not mind growing accustomed to.

"Well, good work," Miss Lorelei nods in satisfaction as she eyes your progress, even as she also deals with her own lamprey, "I didn't expect you to be any good with a knife."

"It's good to know I can surprise you, Miss Lorelei."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Though she does her best to sound incredulous, the mirth in her tone is difficult to miss.

Come to contemplate it, she seems to have loosened up a great deal now. It started when she ran you through the motions for properly cutting up the lamprey, but now the lady seems relaxed and rather taken by happiness. In fact, she's in remarkably higher spirits than earlier in the day; she hums and sings to herself as she cuts away at her own catch of eels, almost dancing with each movement she makes. It's rather nice to see, if you do say so yourself.

"When we're finished with cutting up the lamprey, I'll show you how to properly store it, and we'll move on to cooking, alright?"

"As you wish, milady."

You watch her for a moment longer, as she handles her blade cheerily.

[ ] Perhaps you ought to ask her what's raised her spirits? It may prove to be a valuable piece of information.

[ ] Then again, perhaps you would be overstepping your bounds.
>> No. 10859
Could try to find out indirectly, say that she seems to enjoy her work or something, make it a compliment. Somebody word this better for a write-in.

>such a lovely little child
I'm not clear on this, what is our tiny friend's apparent age?
>> No. 10860
[X] Perhaps you ought to ask her what's raised her spirits? It may prove to be a valuable piece of information.
[X] However, do it discreetly.

also, I think he calls the fairy a little child due to her size
>> No. 10861
[X] Then again, perhaps you would be overstepping your bounds.

She's on like nineteen different drugs just to put up with your shit.
Good job.
>> No. 10862
[†] Perhaps you ought to ask her what's raised her spirits? It may prove to be a valuable piece of information.
>> No. 10863
[ODIN] Perhaps you ought to ask her what's raised her spirits? It may prove to be a valuable piece of information.

I believe we are sufficiently gentlemanlike and discreet in the first place. It feels a bit rendundant to mention it separately.
>> No. 10865
[X] Perhaps you ought to ask her what's raised her spirits? It may prove to be a valuable piece of information.
>> No. 10866
[X] Perhaps you ought to ask her what's raised her spirits? It may prove to be a valuable piece of information.

Tsundere time?
>> No. 10868
[X] Then again, perhaps you would be overstepping your bounds.
>> No. 10871
[X] Perhaps you ought to ask her what's raised her spirits? It may prove to be a valuable piece of information.
>> No. 11058
Updaaates~
>> No. 11084
Another weekend without work?
>> No. 11085
>>11058
>> No. 11127
>>11084

No. Not again, damn it. I've let myself slack for too long. I have to get back into the swing of things. Have to start pressing myself to work harder.

***

[X] Perhaps you ought to ask her what's raised her spirits? It may prove to be a valuable piece of information.

***

Well, perhaps you shall try to uncover the source of her mirth.

"Has our progress been satisfactory, Miss Lorelei?"

Your lady's ear twitches, and she perks her head up to give you a questioning glance. A hum of inquiry prompts you for clarification.

"I mean to say that you seem very pleased; is the pace of our work particularly good today?"

Her work comes to a pause as she turns her head to regard you for a moment, then blinks and tilts her head in curiosity, a most endearing gesture. Her face colors slightly and she reaches up to scratch at her cheek thereby lending her a sheepish, though not wholly embarrassed, appearance. A small smile crosses her face and she begins to speak in a soft tone.

"No, no. That's not it. It's just..." She looks at the ceiling for a moment. "I'm happy because I like teaching people, I guess?"

"Oh?"

"Yeah." She seems to grow more sure of herself. "Yeah, I like teaching. I taught Wriggle all about how to make a comfy nest, so that her burrow would be nicer. I taught some youkai and faeries how to sing once. I even taught Cirno how to read!" She turns a single shade redder. "That time I was really just helping Letty, but it was still fun. I tried teaching Cirno to write, too, but I don't think I can do that alone; she has a lot of trouble with it."

Ah, so she enjoys education? Yes, it would be fitting for such a fine lady to enjoy such a noble calling. Perhaps...

[ ] You should inquire as to what else she may teach you, apart from the business?

[ ] Inquire as to whether she has ever considered education as a career.

[ ] Well, never mind. Perhaps you're being presumptuous. You wouldn't want to inconvenience her, nor would you wish to take advantage of her.
>> No. 11130
[ ] You should inquire as to what else she may teach you, apart from the business?
>> No. 11131
[x] You should inquire as to what else she may teach you, apart from the business?
[x] Inquire as to whether she has ever considered education as a career.

Both of them!
>> No. 11133
>I even taught Cirno how to read!

Waaaaaaaaait a minute.
>> No. 11134
[ ] You should inquire as to what else she may teach you, apart from the business?


oho
>> No. 11135
>Bohemian Archive in Japanese Red

>Mystia was the first one who had no interest in the article written about her. It's at least partly because she can't read. Aya didn't like the fact that Mystia is cheating customers with that trick, but did agree that the food was good and grilled lampreys should be more popular than grilled chicken.

SHENANIGANS!
>> No. 11139
[!/] You should inquire as to what else she may teach you, apart from the business?

IYKWIM.
>> No. 11141
[X] You should inquire as to what else she may teach you, apart from the business?
>> No. 11142
[X] You should inquire as to what else she may teach you, apart from the business?
>> No. 11162
[x] You should inquire as to what else she may teach you, apart from the business?

in b4
>> No. 11283
>> No. 11291
>>11283

And another weekend without work.
>> No. 11295
>>11283
>>11291

Sorry, but today was spent moving back into my dorm room. Writing has started, but the update is large and it's gotten pretty late. It'll be up tomorrow at the latest, and I'll try to buckle down and really get rolling once I get that update posted.

Saging for my own general slow writer excuses.
>> No. 11297
Shorter than I'd initially planned this, because I found an interesting place for a choice.

***

[X] You should inquire as to what else she may teach you, apart from the business?

***

"Well, then might I venture to inquire what other subjects you could teach me?"

Miss Lorelei seems to hit some sort of snag, and comes frighteningly close to slicing through her own lovely fingers. She graces you with a rather cross expression, turning toward you and placing her hands upon her hips as she straightens her posture and thrusts her chest out in apparent indignation. Hot, half stuttered words spill from her, and color floods her cheeks.

"What? What kind of girl do you think I am?"

Oh dear, there seems to have been a miscommunication.

"Pardon? Have I said something to offend?"

"You!" Your lady's hue takes a further turn toward red, and her stuttering grows much worse. "You want me to... to say it? I won't! I absolutely won't say something like..."

The pace of her breathing grows quicker to your ears, and she is positively glowing crimson. My, this is a problem. Before things get out of hand, you will have to clarify your words for her.

"Miss Lorelei," you set your work aside for the moment and turn to your employer, "I apologize, but I may have been unclear in my intent. You expressed that you enjoyed teaching others, and I have enjoyed having you teach me. I hoped that, if you enjoyed teaching me, you would be willing to teach me things that may not be strictly related to business. If I have said something to offend, I am sorry."

Miss Lorelei pauses, seemingly regaining her composure. She rather mercifully chooses to back down, and her confrontational posture shifts into one befitting a rather embarrassed young woman.

"That's... so, you didn't mean it... like that..."

"Like what, Miss Lorelei?"

The scarlet flush of her cheeks returns to its peak intensity as your lady turns back to her work, throwing herself into her efforts with an impressive focus.

"It doesn't matter what like! Just... just get back to work, okay?"

She all but shouts the words, and you direct yourself back to your work with resignation. Miss Lorelei certainly is temperamental, isn't she? It certainly is admirable that she is so in touch with her emotions though, and it can never be said that she is afraid to express herself.

"But," Miss Lorelei's quiet and unsteady voice draws you from your brief reverie, "it's nice that you were thinking of letting me have fun. So, thanks, I guess, and... I'll try to teach you as much as I can, if that's really going to be fun for you..."

It was... nice of you, was it? Yes, you suppose it must have been. It made her happy after all. She'll teach you if you think it's fun... that's... nice of her, too. Yes, but of course it was nice of her, because after all--

Ah! You've nicked yourself! What a poor demonstration. You'll have to pay more attention...

The rest of your lesson in the ways of the kitchen is regretfully quiet, the sadly awkward atmosphere of the stand stifling conversation. A sorry state of affairs, but as you move from the points of preparation to the art of genuine grilling, Miss Lorelei steps in to direct you a bit more, and seems to cheer a bit. By the time that you find yourself staring at your first well-grilled lamprey, spiced and seasoned as you saw appropriate, Miss Lorelei has returned to a mostly cheerful state.

"Alright! That looks good! How is it?"

You take an adventurous nibble of the skewered meat, and...

"I do believe I've outdone myself."

"Great!" Miss Lorelei nods, and turns to look out at the sun as it dips below the horizon. "The others are going to want to come over for breakfast, and we need lunch, so if you've got everything figured out then you can help me get everything ready for them."

Oh? Her friends are regulars, then. Of course, it's to be expected that they would take advantage of having a friend so skilled in culinary arts as your lady; why would one not? Still, if you are to help your lady with the preparations, perhaps you should ask for her opinion on your first work, so as to ensure it is to the tastes of those who will be coming...

[ ] Yes, that would be best. Your lady would know how well you've done.

[ ] Are you, perhaps... forgetting something?
>> No. 11298
[ ] Are you, perhaps... forgetting something?
>> No. 11300
[X] Are you, perhaps... forgetting something?

Oh yeah, the fairy.
>> No. 11301
[X] Are you, perhaps... forgetting something?
>> No. 11302
[†] Yes, that would be best. Your lady would know how well you've done.
>> No. 11303
{X} Yes, that would be best. Your lady would know how well you've done.
{X} And some for the little fairy.
>> No. 11304
[!/] Are you, perhaps... forgetting something?
>> No. 11305
[X] Yes, that would be best. Your lady would know how well you've done.
[X] And some for the little fairy.

Covering all bases.
>> No. 11306
[X] Are you, perhaps... forgetting something?
>> No. 11307
[X] Are you, perhaps... forgetting something?
>> No. 11308
[X] Are you, perhaps... forgetting something?

Changing vote

I did forget about the fairy.
>> No. 11420
Another stress-free weekend where we just took it nice and easy.

Pic related: It's me in my easy-mobile
>> No. 11538
>>11420

Kirby? Kine? Kirby's Dream Land 2? Why, I haven't played that in...

Say goodbye to next weekend.

***

[X] Are you, perhaps... forgetting something?

***

Hold. Was there not someone who...

Of course!

Gracious, how could you be so callous as to forget the patient little girl to whom you promised a meal? You need be more mindful of yourself, lest you permit yourself to do something truly contemptible; a disgraceful demeanor begins with those single smaller slights, after all. It's fortunate that you recalled your obligations before you could shame yourself so.

"A moment, Miss Lorelei?"

The lady shrugs, but allows you a nod.

With that small blessing you set yourself to searching for your littler lady, so as to redeem your brief lapse. It takes little time to spot the dear girl seated just where she was when last you observed her, her back propped up against the corner where counter and wall meet. She sits asleep, her eyes shut and her breaths soft, a small smile on her face. Ah, these little fairies really are darling when they're peaceful, aren't they?

Nonetheless, you give the sleeper a soft prod with your finger, gently applying some small pressure to her head until she wakes. Her eyes crack open, squinting fuzzily at you for a moment before she reaches up and grips your hand. The little darling seems quite happy to nuzzle your fingers, and it brings a smile to your lips as you lean down to present your recently cooked lamprey to her.

"I believe I promised you this, yes?" You hold the skewered lamprey out to her. "Would you like to take it, or shall I let you sleep a bit longer?"

The fairy blinks, rousing further, and a faint blush rises in her cheeks. She reaches out and gingerly accepts the grilled meat, her dainty hands grasping the skewer tightly. Her gaze drifts down to the counter for a moment, then shyly rises back to you. She stands carefully, her balance jeopardized by her new load, and once upon her feet she carefully offers you a diminutive curtsy. Too shy to do much more, the girl quickly turns about and scurries away, taking flight, and fluttering off into the woods.

She really is a darling, even if she does have such a bashful disposition. It really is fortunate that you managed to keep your promise. Now, with your personal affairs in order...

"Alright, Miss Lorelei," you straighten up and turn to your employer, "shall we get to work?"

---

The preparations go smoothly, and it's a fortunate thing, for no sooner than the sun has set and the night begun is it that Miss Lorelei's friends arrive. They come all at once, Cirno, Rumia, and Wriggle, all three of them chattering happily as they take their seats. A meal is doled out to the trio almost immediately; you notice rather absently that little Rumia has received food enough for three - and she seems to be going through it all at remarkable speed for such a small girl.

Some small talk begins at one point, as well as discussions of what to do on this night, but you find yourself most embarrassingly distant from these topics. Unfortunately, these girls are only the most recent of acquaintances, and so you are somewhat unsure of how to go about speaking with them all; you may yet have to wait until you have been around a while longer before you try speaking properly with them. Among all this trouble, however, you are blessed with a spot of serendipity: your distance from the talk affords you the chance to observe a certain oddity.

Little Cirno seems to be as outside of the conversation as you are, though perhaps for her own distinct reasons. Rather than joining her friends in discussion, she has her sights set strongly upon you, a frown creasing her brow. It is rather a strange thing to see such a young girl looking so somber, or indeed so thoughtful; she appears vexed as if by some confounding notion, and she bites her lip in consternation.

For a moment, little Cirno wets her lip and moves to speak, but she quickly catches herself. It seems uncharacteristic from a girl you saw to be rather energetic only a night ago, but she asks of you in the most serious of voices she can muster:

"Hey. Mister. Mind if I ask you one of those... um... personal questions?"

Her unusual request seems to have drawn the attention of the others, who stare on in curiosity.

[ ] A gentleman has no need of secrets. If she is so troubled, she may ask whatever she likes.

[ ] A personal question is it? Discretion is the better part of valor. If you could find some privacy...

[ ] Intimate questions are the domain of intimate acquaintances. Sadly, you must decline.
>> No. 11539
[ ] A personal question is it? Discretion is the better part of valor. If you could find some privacy...
>> No. 11541
[!/] A personal question is it? Discretion is the better part of valor. If you could find some privacy...
>> No. 11542
>>11538
:<
Well I guess I'll play Kirby's Dreamland 3 then.

Also,
[X] A personal question is it? Discretion is the better part of valor. If you could find some privacy...
>> No. 11543
[X] A gentleman has no need of secrets. If she is so troubled, she may ask whatever she likes.
>> No. 11544
[ ] A personal question is it? Discretion is the better part of valor. If you could find some privacy...
>> No. 11545
[x] A personal question is it? Discretion is the better part of valor. If you could find some privacy...

Of course everyone is going to eavesdrop on you, but be a good barman and offer her at least the illusion of confidentiality.
>> No. 11546
Patchwork, I am warning you now, this sure as fuck better not be like Youmu's question to Hakunon. That was just ridiculous.

And coming from Cirno, it would feel... wrong.
>> No. 11547
[X] A personal question is it? Discretion is the better part of valor. If you could find some privacy...
>> No. 11548
[x] A personal question is it? Discretion is the better part of valor. If you could find some privacy...
>> No. 11549
[†] A personal question is it? Discretion is the better part of valor. If you could find some privacy...
>> No. 11554
[x] A personal question is it? Discretion is the better part of valor. If you could find some privacy...
Seems like she wants to talk alone.

>>11546
That came after a lot of sexual tension/embarassment in the bath. It wouldn't make any sense here. Stop trolling.
>> No. 11790
Enjoying Kirby's Dream Land 2?
>> No. 11905
Well, I have this finished, but... I'm not sure I'm satisfied with how it turned out. Something about it just... bugs me.

***

[X] A personal question is it? Discretion is the better part of valor. If you could find some privacy...

***

"While it is always in my interests to oblige a lady, Cirno, if your query is so personal, I would prefer that we have some... privacy."

The inquisitive little girl wrinkles her nose at your words, her eyes staring uncomprehending at you. It is several seconds before she seems to make sense of what you have requested, and it is long enough in coming that her friends have all come to an understanding - little Rumia looks a tad disappointed by your declaration, Wriggle hums quietly to herself and appears to respect your decision, and Miss Lorelei seems to lose all interest in your discussion. Something about that feels a little disheartening. Regardless, Cirno fails to notice her friends various reactions, and speaks to you in a slightly irritated tone.

"You talk funny, Mister. You go on too long. Anyway, you wanted to get alone right? So let's go!"

There is an unpleasant thump - Miss Lorelei twitches in anger at the sound - as the icy fairy kicks off of her seat and takes to the air, fluttering impatiently in front of the counter. Removing your cap, you consult your employer for a moment.

"If I may, Miss Lorelei?"

Your lady offers a permissive nod and nothing else, committed to resuming her conversation with Rumia and Wriggle. Ah, how very generous of her to let a lowly employee such as yourself off without complaint. With no further delay you make your way out of the stall's only exit, and find your wrist seized almost immediately by a rather hasty Cirno.

With nary a moment to catch your breath, you find yourself taking floundering steps forward as Cirno tugs forcefully on your arm. It would appear that Miss Lorelei is not the only young lady in this land possessing some truly appreciable strength - case in point, you are unable to do anything but keep pace with the hurried ice fairy in front of you. This, in conjunction with her rather carefree movements, results in a quite invigorating dash through the brush.

Following the lead of your companion, you arrive very shortly in a clearing. The area is rather a bit unfamiliar to you, but Cirno appears to feel it secure enough. The ice fairy releases your wrist rather abruptly, which causes you to stumble forward a few steps; this would not be such a problem were it not for the fact that Cirno has a fair bit more control than you, and quite naturally turns to face you.

You catch yourself before bumping into her, and only come close enough to graze her. A bit uncomfortable, mayhaps, but most assuredly preferable to giving a young lady a shove. Poor girl seems to be taking it a tad worse than you - she looks rather red as she pulls back.

Once she's put enough distance between the two of you to recover, a somewhat agitated silence ensues. Given that you cannot answer a question that never comes, it would seem that some prompting is warranted.

"Cirno?"

"I get it!" The little girl stomps her foot uselessly against the air. Folding her arms, she drifts backward, brow furrowed in in thought. Sadly, her contemplative air seems to thin, and she soon grips her own hair in frustration, tousling the blue locks wildly. "Aw, that's it! I'm just going to ask!"

The girl rights herself, thrusts an accusatory finger out toward your chest.

"Where'd you get those flowers?"

Pardon? That's hardly as personal as you had expected, but...

"I hesitate to reveal the lady's identity, but a fairy--"

"I knew it!" Cirno interrupts you abruptly, and darts in close, her irate little face filling your vision. "I knew you got those from a fairy! No way a human could make fairy flowers! How'd you get them? I bet you took them! I bet you stole them all from some poor fairy! I told you that if you hurt a fairy I would hurt you, so you just wait up, Mister, and I'm going to--"

"Cirno."

"It's no use begging for forgiveness!" The air grows a bit chill.

"Cirno..."

"You got any last words, buddy?"

"They were given to me."

Cirno blinks.

"What?"

"The flowers were given to me by a dear little fairy."

"They were given to you?"

"Indeed."

Cirno's fury abates, and the girl flutters back away, once again occupied with mussing her own hair in a fevered distress. You would rather like to assuage her worries, but the poor thing just does not sit still.

"I should have known you were given them! No way fairy flowers could live on their own if you stole them! But..." A cute blush stains her cheeks as she directs her gaze to the flowers you have twined to your shirt. "Oh man, I can't believe you took those! Falling for a fairy that quick!"

Wait just a moment.

"Falling for?"

Her little face drains entirely of color.

"You aren't in love with the fairy that gave you those?"

"Gracious, no. Not at all."

In love? Heavens no! Granted, the little darling is quite the cute catch, but you hardly know the dear girl.

"You're not in love with her, and you took the flowers anyway? Why?" Little Cirno looks positively mortified.

"Well, I could see no reason to refuse a gift from a lady!"

"Idiot! Don't you know what those flowers mean?"

You frown. "I took them to be an apology. The little dear had given me quite the run for my money the night before, you see, and--"

"They weren't an apology, dummy! Purple lilacs are first love! Pink carnations are a woman's love! It was a love confession! She was giving you her feelings, and you took them right into hand!"
>> No. 11907
A love confession? Come to think of it, those flower choices had struck you as a tad strange, but... a love confession? Not that you're not flattered, of course. Your fairy is certainly a lovely little creature, and so very demure; though, you have to say, your size difference might cause some troubles, especially in regards to certain activities. Really though, when love is involved--

Wait a moment.

She made a love confession, did she?

"Oh. Oh dear." This is worrisome.

"This a mess!" Cirno groans loudly, thrashing about in the air in consternation. She suddenly freezes, a note of horror creeping into her voice. "Hey, hey... you've got those pinned to your shirt! Please... please don't tell me you put them there while she was watching!"

"I did. Might I ask... ?"

"You pinned the flowers that represent her feelings right over your heart! In other words, you took her feelings to heart."

Well, that's...

Well.

"This is quite a predicament." A bit of an understatement on your part, but Cirno remains mercifully quiet. Still, if it's just a matter of miscommunication... "Perhaps I should speak with her and clarify all this?"

"No!" Cirno seizes you by the collar. "How do you think she's going to feel if you just dump her? Dummy! A sad fairy ain't a fairy for long! If you muck this up and hurt that fairy, I swear I'll... I'll... I'll freeze your heart over!"

Though it pains you to admit it, you must confess that a callous approach to this would be less than desirable. Your little fairy has been quite kind, really, and is so very precious... to wound her heart would be despicable; indeed, Cirno would have no need to freeze your heart, for it would have to be made of ice to inflict such pain on so fair a creature. But this causes a conundrum...

"What am I to do, then?"

"You can't just be with her?" Cirno looks nervous.

"I mislike lying to a woman, especially on matters of the heart."

"Aw, dang it! Why couldn't you just have been in love with her? Alright, listen up!" Cirno folds her arms and bites her lip. "I'm going to go out and find the right flower for this, and you're going to spend the day with her, and talk to her, and make it clear, and I'm going to come back and give you the flower to give to her, and it'll solve everything, alright? No faeries getting hurt!"

She looks rather serious, if a bit frustrated.

[ ] A fairy ought to know faeries best. While you may have your doubts, trust in her plan.

[ ] Some aid would be most appreciated, but perhaps she ought not do the planning...

[ ] This is a matter of the heart, and a matter you must take into your own hands.
>> No. 11908
What? No nameless fairy route?

Anon is sad.
>> No. 11909
[x] A fairy ought to know faeries best. While you may have your doubts, trust in her plan.
>> No. 11912
[X] A fairy ought to know faeries best. While you may have your doubts, trust in her plan.

Oh no
>> No. 11913
>"You pinned the flowers that represent her feelings right over your heart! In other words, you took her feelings to heart."

If we had tied them to our cap, would that have meant we'd have keep her feelings in mind?
>> No. 11914
[X] Some aid would be most appreciated, but perhaps she ought not do the planning...

>If we had tied them to our cap, would that have meant we'd have keep her feelings in mind?
Let's just be happy that there wasn't a "tuck them in your pocket/pants" option anywhere, the poor little thing could have just imploded there and then.
>> No. 11915
[x] A fairy ought to know faeries best. While you may have your doubts, trust in her plan.
>> No. 11916
[x] Some aid would be most appreciated, but perhaps she ought not do the planning...

What's the flower for going steady?
>> No. 11917
A frustrated Cirno is fine too.

[x] A fairy ought to know faeries best. While you may have your doubts, trust in her plan.

This is going to end with you offending the fairy so much that she attacks you or Cirno is engaging in an extremely elaborate prank. Either way, it will be awesome.
>> No. 11935
[X] Some aid would be most appreciated, but perhaps she ought not do the planning...
>> No. 12260
[†] A fairy ought to know faeries best. While you may have your doubts, trust in her plan.

FFFFF i like faerys but i want a Mystia route
>> No. 27352
>>12301
Thread 3.

Throttled by laziness.