[Return]
Archived thread

File 122334454142.jpg - (98.14KB , 705x599 , forest_of_magic.jpg ) [iqdb]
8528 No. 8528
Testing Server Connection.

Connection Resolved.

Option Selection Mode: On
Custom User Input: On
Parallel Threading: On

---

Darkness. All around him, he sees darkness.

He stands alone, yet is not alone. Someone is watching him.

"I know you are there," he says. "Show yourself!"

Laughter. Cruel laughter. It comes from everywhere and nowhere.

"Perceptive, aren't we? And those eyes glimmer of intelligence as well."

He sees it. Red eyes in the darkness. The voice speaks again.

"Try not to die too much."

>> No. 8529
File 122334668260.jpg - (30.44KB , 488x480 , marisa_unconscious.jpg ) [iqdb]
8529
Anon rubs his head. He feels like he was just thrown off a cliff. Or hit by a train. Or rammed by a train off a cliff.

"Good thing I landed on something soft," he mutters as he gets up.

His hands find something cup-shaped. It feels like soft pudding. He looks down to see what it is. He freezes.

"Why am I lying on top of a girl? Who is she? She looks kinda cute. She feels soft. She smells nice, too."

Anon quickly stands up, realizing that he is thinking aloud.

"I'm sorry! I'm not a pervert! Please don't call the police!"

The girl doesn't reply. It looks like she is unconscious. Anon sighs in relief.

The girl has beautiful blonde hair and soft white skin. A single braid is tied with a ribbon to the side of her face. She is wearing a frilly black and white outfit. A black witch's hat complete with a ribbon is lying by her head.

"Such cute witch cosplay, I'd take her home," Anon says.

He slaps himself quickly. He needs to focus. It looks like he somehow landed on her and knocked her unconscious. This won't end well if he keeps thinking like this.

Focus.

He looks around the area. They seem to be in some heavily wooded area, a forest perhaps. There is a long sweeping broom lying on a tree to the left. To the right, there is an overturned basket with a few mushrooms in it. There are various plucked mushrooms lying around the area as well.

Think.

Anon can't seem to remember anything else besides a growing pain at the side of his head. He can't remember what he was doing, or where he came from. He can't even remember his name.

However, he do knows that staying in an unknown forest is a bad idea. Wild animals, poisonous plants, at god knows what else might easily end him.

Decisions.

[ ] Nudge the girl and try to wake her up. Ask her if she is alright.
[ ] Examine the girl carefully. She might be bleeding.
[ ] Leave the girl there and walk around. The forest looks peaceful enough.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 8530
[ x ] Nudge the girl and try to wake her up. Ask her if she is alright.

OIIIIIIIIIIII
>> No. 8531
>There are various plucked mushrooms lying around the area as well.

[x] Mushrooms? Fuck me, man. That explains everything.
[x] Eat some more mushrooms from the basket—take this trip as far as it can go.
>> No. 8532
[x] Nudge the girl and try to wake her up. Ask her if she is alright.

And carry her around on our back if she doesn't wake up.
>> No. 8533
>>8529
[X] Examine the girl carefully. She might be bleeding.
[X] Take anything that looks useful.

Mini-Hakkero get!
>> No. 8534
[x] Breasts

Life-like texture ;_;
>> No. 8535
File 122334947478.jpg - (11.40KB , 200x200 , 1205384653250.jpg ) [iqdb]
8535
[x] Nudge the girl and try to wake her up. Ask her if she is alright.
>> No. 8538
[x] Nudge the girl and try to wake her up. Ask her if she is alright.
>> No. 8540
File 122336182441.jpg - (53.62KB , 254x239 , 3v.jpg ) [iqdb]
8540
Anon can't leave an innocent cute girl lying unconscious in the woods. He gently nudges the girl and tries to wake her up. Soon nudging turns to prodding. He raises his voice, but to no avail.

As a last resort, he tries to grope her a bit, but still no response. It felt nice though. Realizing that his mind is wandering, he pinches himself and looks around.

He needs to find a way to wake the girl. At the very least, he can't leave her here.

To the left, he can hear water splashing; maybe there is a river there. To the right, he can see a path; perhaps it leads out of the woods. The rest of the forest shows signs of thick growth, making it difficult to travel.

"Damn," Anon says as he almost crumples to the ground. "My head aches like hell."

Where does Anon go?
[ ] Head to the left towards the river. Maybe he can wake the girl by splashing her with water.
[ ] Head to the right towards the path. Maybe he can find some help.
[ ] Head in a random direction into the forest. Maybe he can find something useful.

What should he take with him? (multiple selection)
[ ] The broom.
[ ] The basket half-full of mushrooms.
[ ] The mushrooms on the ground.
[ ] The unconscious girl.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 8542
File 122336862010.jpg - (72.49KB , 300x300 , 1191907383004.jpg ) [iqdb]
8542
>>8541
>> No. 8543
[x] Head to the left towards the river. Maybe he can wake the girl by splashing her with water.

[x] The unconscious girl.
[x] The broom.
[x] The basket if possible, refilled with the mushrooms on the ground.
>> No. 8544
[x] Head to the left towards the river. Maybe he can wake the girl by splashing her with water.

[x] The unconscious girl.
[x] The broom.
[x] The basket if possible, refilled with the mushrooms on the ground.

This'll be fun.
>> No. 8545
[x] Head to the left towards the river. Maybe he can wake the girl by splashing her with water.

[x] The unconscious girl.
[x] The broom.
[x] The basket if possible, refilled with the mushrooms on the ground.
>> No. 8546
[X] Head to the left towards the river. Maybe he can wake the girl by splashing her with water.
[X] The unconscious girl. Leave everything else for now.

Bringing everything else with us will leave us open for KEYAIDS. Plus I'd rather Marisa stick around for a bit before flying off with a "Thanks, and see ya da~ze".


>>8541
That made me want to smile and frown at the same time. Wish I saw my face in the mirror
>> No. 8552
File 122342179579.jpg - (25.17KB , 351x379 , marisa_wake.jpg ) [iqdb]
8552
Anon collects the loose mushrooms into the basket, then heads toward the girl. For a moment, he considers eating a mushroom, but decides against it. Placing it beside the broom, he turns back to the girl.

He carefully lifts the girl on his back. She is surprisingly light. And soft. And she smells really nice.

Focus, dammit.

Anon looks back at the broom and basket. Looks like his hands are full at the moment. He shrugs as he starts walking towards the river. He needs to wake the girl first, they can return for her things later.

It takes a few minutes for him to reach the river. Putting the girl down beside the river, he takes a minute to catch his breath. He is sweating profusely; from exhaustion or nervousness, he can't tell. After a minute, he looks back at the girl, then sighs.

"Well, here goes nothing," he says as he splashes some water onto her face.

She reacts immediately to the cool river water. She slowly gets up and rubs her eyes. Her eyes have a glassy, dazed look as she turns her head from side to side. She yawns and stretches, as if she just got out of her bed. Anon quickly looks away, blushing.

The girl cringes and rubs her head. Before Anon can answer, she starts speaking.

"My head hurts. And my back too. This is worse than yesterday," she says as she stands up.

"Damn Outsider using strange magic to zap me out of the library. He didn't even call out a proper duel. I'll be sure to teach him a lesson the next time I go borrow books..."

She goes on talking about how she crashed on top of a miko in the Human Village. Apparently, they got into an argument that ended in some "Danmaku Battle". Anon listens in silence, partly because he is shocked at the girl's brazen and almost manly manner of speech.

"And the worst part is that I lost the books somewhere. I haven't even read the titles yet, ~ze."

She turns to Anon and stares at him, seeing him for the first time. She frowns.

"Oi, you're an outsider. Who are you? What happened ~ze?"

She seems to be waiting for an answer.

[ ] Custom
>> No. 8554
[x] "All I can remember is that my vision went black for a while and some red eyed monster talked to me for a few seconds, and then POW! I was lying on top of you with a massive headache."
>> No. 8555
[ ] "All I can remember is that my vision went black for a while and some red eyed monster talked to me for a few seconds, and then POW! I was lying on top of you with a massive headache."
>> No. 8556
[X] Give her a tight hug, then feign anemia.
>> No. 8557
[ ] "All I can remember is that my vision went black for a while and some red eyed monster talked to me for a few seconds, and then POW! I was lying on top of you with a massive headache."
>> No. 8558
Ah, I see what you're doing here.

[X] "All I can remember is that my vision went black for a while and some red eyed monster talked to me for a few seconds, and then POW! I was lying on top of you with a massive headache."
>> No. 8559
[X] "All I can remember is that my vision went black for a while and some red eyed monster talked to me for a few seconds, and then POW! I was lying on top of you with a massive headache."
>> No. 8563
[X] "All I can remember is that my vision went black for a while and some red eyed monster talked to me for a few seconds, and then POW! I was lying on top of you with a massive headache."

I, too, see what's being done here, but I'm missing the implications of it.
>> No. 8568
File 122343918124.jpg - (242.21KB , 1500x1572 , marisa.jpg ) [iqdb]
8568
"All I can remember is that my vision went black for a while and some red eyed monster talked to me for a few seconds, and then POW! I was lying on top of you with a massive headache."

Anon then proceeds to narrate the events that happened afterward. He is careful not to mention any groping of any kind, but tells a mostly honest story.

"... and now I am here explaining myself, since you just regained consciousness."

For a moment, the girl just stares at Anon blankly. Then, she just bursts out laughing. She laughs loudly for a good minute or so, before composing herself.

"Well its great to hear that someone else is having worse luck than I am. That Yukari must be messing around with the Outside again. She loves making a mess of things, doesn't she ~ze?"

"At least she isn't angry," Anon says to himself. The way she makes light of his situation is quite irritating, however.

"So, what were you doing out here in the woods?," he asks

"Picking mushrooms ~ze. Which reminds me, where's my stuff?," she says, now looking around the area.

"I left them where I found you. I can lead the way there," Anon says.

As they are walking back, the girl starts talking about herself. Apparently, her name is Marisa Kirisame. She is a witch and she dabbles in magic. Sometimes, she goes all around Gensokyo to defeat powerful beings and find precious things. When there are incidents, she sometimes works with others, such as the lazy miko of Hakurei Shrine or the doll-manipulating magician who visits her all the time. She considers herself the most awesome in all of Gensokyo, repeating this part after each story.

Anon takes this all in while asking her more questions. Soon he learns the gist of Gensokyo and its inhabitants. The woods they are in is known as the Forest of Magic, and apparently there are some man-eating Youkai that wander around. He even hears of places like Kourindou, the Human Village, and a Mansion she sometimes visits to borrow books ("though stealing would be a better term", he reminds himself).

"... and that time, she was so angry that she almost popped a vein. Man, that was great! I'm so awesome, ~ze! Aha, my stuff!"

Marisa pauses to pick up her broom and basket. She then jumps on her broom and begins hovering.

Anon sighs. He turns his back to her and considers the path he spotted earlier. Perhaps he can head to Kourindou or the Human Village, since those places sound much less dangerous than the Forest of Magic.

"SMACK!"

Anon cringes as he rubs his head. With a renewed headache, he staggers to face his attacker.

"I like you," she says with a smile.

"Wha?," Anon replies dumbly. He feels himself blushing furiously. Did she just say that?

"Tell ya what, since I'm in a good mood now, why don't I help ya out a bit?"

She is waiting for an answer.

Anon has a few things in mind:
[ ] Ask for directions and a general description of the area
[ ] Ask if you can try some of those mushrooms.
[ ] Ask if you can learn magic from her.
[ ] Ask if you can stay at her place.
[ ] Ask if she can take you to Kourindou.
[ ] Ask if she can take you to the Human Village.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 8569
File 122343978225.gif - (554.58KB , 140x140 , psychadelic.gif ) [iqdb]
8569
[x] Ask for directions and a general description of the area
[x] Ask if you can try some of those mushrooms.
[x] Ask if you can learn magic from her.
[x] Ask if you can stay at her place.

OH GOD I CAN SEE FOREVER
>> No. 8570
[ ] Ask if you can stay at her place.
>> No. 8572
[x] Ask if you can try some of those mushrooms.

Go ask Alice / When she's ten feet tall.
>> No. 8575
File 122344768242.jpg - (28.89KB , 201x355 , asd2.jpg ) [iqdb]
8575
>>8574
>> No. 8576
File 122344788354.jpg - (58.70KB , 418x541 , mushroom.jpg ) [iqdb]
8576
[X] Ask for directions and a general description of the area
[X] Ask if you can try some of those mushrooms.
[X] Ask if you can learn magic from her.
[X] Ask if you can stay at her place.

SHROOMS!
>> No. 8577
[x] Ask if you can try some of those mushrooms.
[x] Ask if you can learn magic from her.
[x] Ask if you can stay at her place.
- [x] If not, ask if she can take you to the Human Village.
-- [x] If not, ask for directions and a general description of the area

First priority: make sure we have a place to stay the night. If we end up in the village, we should talk to Keine first.
>> No. 8594
File 122350820844.jpg - (20.76KB , 228x302 , alice.jpg ) [iqdb]
8594
Loading User Commands:

[X] Ask for directions and a general description of the area
[X] Ask if you can try some of those mushrooms.

---

"Well, I could use some directions. What sort of people live around here?"

Marisa describes the area, along with her own comments of each place.

Following the path south, one can reach Kourindou, a place that sells various magical items and things from the Outside. She sometimes visits the place to buy reagents and supplies.

Further south is the Human Village. She mentions that its guardian is a schoolteacher named Keine. Apparently, Marisa had fought with her before, but it wasn't too serious.

Heading north leads to a fork in the road that heads to either Marisa's house or that of Alice, her doll-maker magician friend. It seems that Alice visits her quite often.

Nodding politely, Anon notices the mushrooms. Some of them look tasty.

"Hey, can I try some of those?", he asks, pointing at the basket.

Marisa grins.

"Not all of them are for eating, but you have good eyes! I suppose it won't hurt to show you my awesome cooking skills ~ze."

Without warning, she pulls Anon behind her.

"Hold on tight ~ze! I am the fastest in Gensokyo!"

They take off into the sky like a rocket. He grabs her waist tightly and presses himself hard against her back. For the next two minutes, Anon holds on to her for dear life. The situation may have been quite pleasant if he hadn't been scared shitless.

It takes Anon a few moments to realize that they stopped. He is still holding tightly to Marisa. His hands grip her waist tightly. His body presses hard against hers. His head is leaning tightly on the back of her neck. And, his left leg is shivering uncontrollably.

"Ahem!"

Anon opens his eyes to look at the owner of the new voice.

He sees a girl is wearing a pink and blue dress, as well as a red ribbon in her hair. Hovering beside her is a small doll wearing a cute little dress and red ribbon tied in a bow in its hair. The doll looks strangely lifelike.

"Oh, it's Alice!"

Marisa grins as she points at the girl. Alice stares at Anon grimly.

Anon realizes he is still holding tightly to Marisa. He has a bad feeling about this.

[ ] Custom
>> No. 8596
File 122350893967.jpg - (24.69KB , 327x379 , 1206652594222.jpg ) [iqdb]
8596
[x] You can join in as well. If you know what I mean.
[x] Include cheesy facial expression at end.
>> No. 8599
>>8598

Back off a few steps, look at them both. Run up, shove them together, then back off a few steps and look at them again. Go "Wow, you two look so cute together!"
>> No. 8600
[X] Greet Alice, compliment doll's craftmanship.
[X] Let go of Marisa and stand on the ground.

Let's not forget to let go of Marisa.
>> No. 8601
[X] Wave at Alice obliviously.
[X] "Hello, Miss Alice."
[X] "Marisa told me you were her friend. It's nice to meet such nice people so soon after I turned up here."
[X] "Is that doll yours? It's cute ♥!"

I declare this Anon to be Oblivianon. He shall brightly and cheerfully makes his way through every situation like a friendly, cuddly airhead.
>> No. 8602
[x] "You can join in as well." "...If you know what I mean."
[x] Include cheesy facial expression at end.
>> No. 8603
File 12235100396.png - (98.47KB , 600x500 , 1205639113662.png ) [iqdb]
8603
[x] "You can join in as well." "...If you know what I mean." to the doll.
[x] Include cheesy facial expression at end.
>> No. 8604
>What's the best way to make Alice go from "Grim with jealousy" to "nervous and embarrassed"?

[x] Look back at Marisa with a start and let go of her.
[x] Apologize to Alice quickly. "Oh, was this yours? Sorry!"
>> No. 8605
[x] Look back at Marisa with a start and let go of her.
[x] Apologize to Alice quickly. "Oh, was this yours? Sorry!"
>> No. 8606
File 122351068864.jpg - (95.70KB , 595x640 , 1223422860945.jpg ) [iqdb]
8606
[!/] Take it easy~ Alice.
>> No. 8607
[x] You can join in as well.
[x] Include cheesy facial expression at end.
>> No. 8608
>>8601
>friendly, cuddly airhead.

And I'm sure he'll make a friendly, cuddly corpse as well.
>> No. 8609
[➉] Look back at Marisa with a start and let go of her.
[➉] Apologize to Alice quickly. "Oh, was this yours? Sorry!"

➉ is for "tsundere"
>> No. 8610
>>8528
"Perceptive, aren't we? And those eyes glimmer of intelligence as well."

- Isn't this Anon an Int-type? He may be socially akward, but so far, he hasn't done anything really stupid yet.
>> No. 8612
>>8610
Undefined.
>> No. 8613
[x] Look back at Marisa with a start and let go of her.
[x] Apologize to Alice quickly. "Oh, was this yours? Sorry!"

Changing vote.
>> No. 8614
[x] Look back at Marisa with a start and let go of her.
[x] Apologize to Alice quickly. "Oh, was this yours? Sorry!"
>> No. 8615
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7a3674935ec7b67aab1eab3e9fa335cac1695329fb5c569e

Have sum Alice while we waitan' for updates.
>> No. 8616
File 122352825593.jpg - (32.55KB , 214x138 , just_as_planned.jpg ) [iqdb]
8616
Loading User Commands:
[X] Look back at Marisa with a start and let go of her.
[X] Apologize to Alice quickly. "Oh, was this yours? Sorry!"

---

Don't panic.

Anon looks back at Marisa with a start, then lets go of her. He glances at Alice's expression. Is it jealousy? He thinks back, "... a doll-manipulating magician who visits me all the time. It must be because I am so awesome ~ze."

Think.

He gets an idea during the few seconds he uses to steady his feet on the ground. If his guess is right...

"Oh, was this yours? Sorry!", he blurts out.

"Wha-wha-what?", she says. Her face is bright red, all the way to her ears.

"Eh? You got something from her? You aren't holding anything, ~ze," Marisa says. She seems oblivious to the implication.

"Mngthwfff," Alice says. Her face is now turning pale white.

Anon smiles. His guess is right. Now its time to change the subject. He turns to Marisa.

"It's nothing. More importantly, what are you planning to make with those mushrooms," he asks.

Marisa's eyes light up excitedly. "Oh! I'll be making my specialty! These will be great for lunch ~ze!"

She quickly hops off her broom and runs inside her house. The structure itself is a small cottage in the middle of a small clearing. There is only one path leading into the woods from here.

A quick glance at Alice confirms that she is still in shock. Her face is slowly turning back to its natural color. Anon resists the urge to burst out laughing.

"You're joining us, right Alice?"

"Eh? Ah-ah, of course!", she manages.

"Your doll is quite well-made, by the way. I've never seen stitches done with such meticulous detail."

"Ah-ah-ah, thank you very much," she says clearly flustered. Her face is turning red again.

"We should head inside," Anon says. Alice just nods.

Anon struggles to maintain a straight face as they both head to the cottage.
>> No. 8617
File 122352985739.jpg - (25.31KB , 335x594 , alice_thankful.jpg ) [iqdb]
8617
"I'll be in the kitchen. No peeking! The recipe is a secret ~ze!"

With that, Marisa runs into her kitchen and locks the door.

While the cottage looks fairly ordinary outside, the inside is another story. Anon just looks from side to side, with mouth agape. There are books, tools, clothes, and other assorted junk scattered in every direction. To the left, there seems to be a dress cabinet overflowing with black and white dresses and hats. There are a few paintings hanging on the walls, but they are covered with a thick layer of dust. He secretly hopes that she isn't growing mushrooms in here.

Anon manages to make his way to a table on the right side, sitting near the window. Alice takes the seat across him. Her doll floats and lands in her hands.

Now more relaxed, Anon takes a closer look at Alice. She has smooth, alabaster skin. Her face is perfectly sculpted, like a doll. Her clothes match her quite well. Looking closer, he can't help but look away to hide his own blushing.

A couple of minutes pass in an awkward silence. Anon looks down at his shoes as he tries to find a subject for conversation. Unexpectedly, Alice speaks first.

"Thanks for earlier. You don't seem like a bad person."

Anon looks up to see Alice smiling gently.

"Flustered Alice is cute, but a composed Alice is fine too," he thinks.

He immediately pinches himself.

Focus.

It seems they have a few minutes before Marisa finishes cooking.

[ ] Custom
>> No. 8618
Just as planned.
>> No. 8619
[X] "Flustered Alice is cute, but a composed Alice is fine too. ♥"
[X] Clamp your hands over your mouth.

Heh.
>> No. 8620
[x] "I can't say I don't understand the attraction, but she does seem pretty oblivious, doesn't she?"
[x] Laugh at yourself. "But I'm one to talk aren't I? I don't have the faintest idea of how I got here!" Let your expression darken. "...Or who I am."
>> No. 8622
[x] "Flustered Alice is cute, but a composed Alice is fine too. ♥"
[x] Clamp your hands over your mouth.

This gets better and better.
>> No. 8623
[x] "Flustered Alice is cute, but a composed Alice is fine too. ♥"
[x] Clamp your hands over your mouth.

God wills it!
>> No. 8624
File 122355513362.jpg - (205.38KB , 600x750 , 1dd6e51f25f3aa0e490766c9010aa91b.jpg ) [iqdb]
8624
[x] "Flustered Alice is cute, but a composed Alice is fine too. ♥"
[x] Clamp your hands over your mouth.
>> No. 8629
[X] "Flustered Alice is cute, but a composed Alice is fine too. ♥"
[X] Clamp your hands over your mouth.
>> No. 8630
File 122361120954.jpg - (115.97KB , 733x733 , marisa_smile.jpg ) [iqdb]
8630
Loading User Commands:
[X] "Flustered Alice is cute, but a composed Alice is fine too. ♥"
[X] Clamp your hands over your mouth.

---

Anon tries to focus, but his eyes keep wandering back to Alice.

She is simply too distracting like this. He turns his eyes to the doll.

"Does she have a name?," Anon asks.

"Yes, her name is Shanghai," Alice replies. She smiles a bit wider as she says this.

Shanghai hovers out of Alice's arms and sits on the table in front of Anon. However, Anon still has his attention on something else. That smile is simply radiant.

"Flustered Alice is cute, but a composed Alice is fine too. ♥", he mumbles.

Wait. Did he just say that aloud?

He turns to Alice. Her face is a burning shade of crimson, with mouth agape.

Anon clamps his hands over his mouth, then quickly looks away. He hides his own face with his hands as he looks out the window.

"At least she isn't blasting me yet," he thinks. "Dammit, not as planned! Something please, please, please break this awkwardness!"

Just then, Marisa bursts in, oblivious to the atmosphere.

"Here it is! My secret mushroom and meat stew! I bet you can't wait to try it, ~ze!"

She carries in a small cauldron full of some suspicious looking liquid. Anon can see several bits that aren't mushrooms, nor pieces of meat, but the smell it is giving off is surprisingly pleasant. It is probably edible.

Marisa quickly serves everyone a large bowl of the stuff. A glance at Alice shows that her face is slowly turning back to normal, though her cheeks still have a tinge of pink. She seems to be focusing her attention on the stew.

Anon turns to his own bowl and looks at it. It doesn't look very appetizing, but it smells great. He looks up to see Marisa staring at him, complete with a wide smile. "Guess I have no choice," Anon thinks as he takes a spoonful of the stuff to his mouth. He pauses for a moment, spoon still in his mouth.

"Th-th-this stuff is great!," Anon blurts out.

Marisa smiles a huge toothy grin in reply. She takes her seat and begins to eat her portion.

"So, I'm guessing you aren't from Gensokyo?," Alice asks with a polite smile.

Anon smiles back as he narrates his story again. Alice asks a few questions and seems genuinely interested. Marisa doesn't seem to be listening attentively, but she gives an affirming nod every now and then.

"... and finally here I am, having lunch with two beautiful magicians. I am quite fortunate that I met you two instead of those man-eating plants that Marisa mentioned," Anon says, ending his story.

"Yeah, you are real lucky to run into someone awesome like me, ~ze!"

"I'm glad you arrived safely somehow. Too bad about your memories though," Alice says.

Anon nods as he takes another spoonful of the tasty stew. Unexpectedly, the mood is now quite pleasant.

"I should use this chance to talk about something important," he thinks.

Looks like they have time for one topic before they finish lunch.
[ ] Talk about mushrooms.
[ ] Talk about dolls.
[ ] Talk about magic.
>> No. 8631
[x] Talk about magic.

This guy's Unlimited Blade Works versus Grey's Gate of Babylon.
>> No. 8632
>>8631

You lost me.

>[ ] Talk about mushrooms.
>[ ] Talk about magic.

GATTAI

[x] Talk about magic mushrooms.
>> No. 8633
Hmm. How about combining the two, somehow?

[x] Gently nudge the doll with a finger.
[x] "Is this magic?"

You probably won't get as in-depth if we just chose a vanilla option, but it should be amusing to see both of them clarify their positions on dolls/magic.
>> No. 8634
[ ] Talk about magic.
>> No. 8636
File 122362573030.jpg - (67.64KB , 360x464 , c13ab03e720ddd6f6ef5e51847b60eb9.jpg ) [iqdb]
8636
>>8633
[x] Gently nudge the doll with a finger.
[x] "Is this magic?"

I want to see how Shanghai reacts.
>> No. 8637
[X] Talk about magic.
[X] Bring Shanghai into the conversation.
>> No. 8638
File 122363616954.jpg - (108.37KB , 810x656 , lvl8shirou.jpg ) [iqdb]
8638
>>8631
Is it just me, or is this guy having a hell of an easier time than Grey?
>> No. 8639
>>8638

This guy was either lucky enough to get gapped into a Slice of Life Romance/Comedy CYOA or he's experiencing the calm before the storm.

Still, I'm wholly expecting him and Grey to meet and then have a sissy fight.
>> No. 8640
File 12236423729.jpg - (104.76KB , 247x238 , 1206254998303.jpg ) [iqdb]
8640
[x] Gently nudge the doll with a finger.
[x] "Is this magic?"

You will fill that void which Scorn obviously left behind for more troublesome things, Anon!
>> No. 8651
Metro-camp Anon is awesome.
>> No. 8654
[x] Gently nudge the doll with a finger.
[x] "Is this magic?"
>> No. 8655
Magic!
>> No. 8658
File 122368448678.jpg - (64.73KB , 500x550 , marisa_and_alice.jpg ) [iqdb]
8658
Loading User Commands:
[X] Talk about magic.
[X] Talk about Shanghai.

---

"So I hear you two can use magic?"

Marisa immediately perks up at this. She talks about her exploits in her magical study, which mostly involves stealing books, spellcards, artifacts, and ideas from other magic users. She also talks about her own personal experiences in developing new spells and experimenting with reagents, which usually end up in violent explosions (This explains why the clearing around the house is quite large). Anon learns much about Marisa's daily experience with magic, but not much about how it actually works.

Anon suddenly notices that Shanghai is no longer on the table. Alice smiles at this. To his surprise, Shanghai suddenly pops up from behind Anon's head and glomps his face.

"If phismff mrrggfkk?"

Alice giggles as Shanghai let's go of Anon and floats backward.

Anon gently nudges the doll with a finger. "Is this magic?," he asks.

This time, Alice perks up as she explains how she uses magic to manipulate dolls. The general idea is to send different types of magical energy into the doll to move its limbs. Some materials easily synchronize with magical energy, while a few rarer ones even resonate their own. She is especially proud of two of her dolls, Shanghai and Hourai because she is able to infuse some limited independence into them. Anon learns much about doll-manipulation magic, but not the underlying theories that govern it.

The conversation goes no further since everyone is finished eating. Marisa takes the pot and bowls back to the kitchen to clean up. Shanghai is hovering at Alice's side. Alice is looking at Anon intently.

"Is there something on my face?," Anon asks.

"You have potential, which is unusual for an Outsider. I'm sure Marisa also noticed," Alice replies, smiling.

"Potential?"

"Not everyone can learn magic. You look like you have the capacity for it, which is rare for humans."

Anon takes a moment to consider her words. Magic is really useful, from what he hears. He can do all sorts of fun things with it - flying, shooting lasers, conjuring familiars, etc. For a moment, he loses himself in his daydreams.

"You have to start with the basics, of course," Alice interrupts. "I don't think Marisa keeps any of the simple books. I can lend you a few written for beginners at my house."

Did he hear that right? Anon looks at Alice. She turns slightly pink as she turns her eyes away.

"I mean, only if you have time for it," she says, almost whispering.

Suddenly, Marisa bursts in. She is holding her broom and a large sack.

"All right then, I have to go pick up some things from Kourin. You wanna come?"

Anon takes a moment to think.

[ ] Go to Kourindou with Marisa.
[ ] Go to Alice's house to borrow books.
[ ] Go somewhere else alone.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 8659
[X] Go to Alice's house to borrow books.
Bias against Marisa rising.
>> No. 8660
[ ] Go to Kourindou with Alice and Marisa.
[ ] On the way back go to Alice's house to borrow books.
>> No. 8661
[x] Go to Alice's house to borrow books.
>> No. 8662
[x] Go to Kourindou with Alice and Marisa.
[x] On the way back go to Alice's house to borrow books.

idort option
>> No. 8663
[x] Go to Alice's house to borrow books.
>> No. 8664
[z] Go to Alice's house to borrow books.

Magic learnin gaems
>> No. 8665
{X} Go to Alice's house to borrow books.
>> No. 8666
[ ] Go to Alice's house to borrow books.

Is it can be Alice route teim now plox?
>> No. 8667
[x] Go to Alice's house to borrow books.
>> No. 8668
>>8666

God damn, just stop posting already.
>> No. 8669
File 122369862374.jpg - (260.08KB , 750x1000 , alice.jpg ) [iqdb]
8669
Loading User Commands:
[X] Go to Alice's house to borrow books.

---

"Sorry, but Alice just offered to lend me some magic books," Anon says.

"Eh? But I saw him first! That's no fair ~ze," Marisa says, pouting.

"It's alright, isn't it? After you finish at Kourindou, you can come to my place for dinner," Alice says.

Marisa immediately starts smiling again and nods. She waves as she leaves with her broom and sack.

"We should get going as well," Alice says as she stands up.

Anon spies Marisa flying off as they leave the cottage.

"Take my hand. You can't fly yet, can you?" Alice asks.

Anon just nods and grasps her hand. It feels soft and delicate. His daydreams are immediately interrupted, however.

The next moment, he finds that he is high above the air. They are now both flying at a comfortable pace above the forest. Anon turns his head to peer at Alice. She is smiling again.

"I didn't expect you to synchronize with me so easily. I'm hardly using any extra magic to maintain your flight. You must have quite a bit of natural talent."

Anon nods, then looks forward. This type of flying is far more pleasant that Marisa's rocket-like pace. He takes his time to enjoy the feeling of the wind on his face. He observes the forest, seeing another side of its beauty. "It would be great to do this on my own," he says to himself.

Before he realizes it, they arrive at Alice's house. Alice invites Anon to take a seat while she gets the books. He takes a moment to look around.

In stark contrast to Marisa's cottage, this place was pristine. Not a speck of dust can be seen. Each piece of furniture is meticulously positioned. Books are carefully stacked and organized on shelves. Several dolls can be seen inside glass display cases. The house is well-organized and pleasing to the eye.

"Here, you should start with these," Alice says as she returns with some books. "I'll get back to a project I need to finish. If you need anything, I'll be inside that room," she says, pointing to a door across the hall. She leaves with Shanghai following behind her. Perhaps she wants to get some work done.

Taking a seat near the window, Anon decides to start reading. "Magic won't teach itself, after all," he mutters.

He starts with the book, "Basic Magical Theory and Simple Applications".
>> No. 8670
File 122370086845.jpg - (114.29KB , 900x630 , alice_ready.jpg ) [iqdb]
8670
"B-b-but, what if someone sees us?"

"No one comes into the library this late, Alice," Anon replies.

"Y-y-yeah, I suppose I'm just a bit... nervous."

"If you aren't sure, we can do this some other time," Anon says. He turns away to leave, when he feels a gentle tug.

Its Shanghai. Shanghai is holding on to his sleeve. Is she blushing?

"But dolls can't blush," Anon thinks as he turns to face the doll. The doll gently tugs Anon's sleeve back towards Alice. He lets the doll lead him back to where she is standing.

"I-i-its fine if its with you," Alice whispers.

She blushes bright red as she looks down. She seems determined, despite herself.

Anon takes a deep breath as he grasps her hands tight. For a moment, Alice resists by reflex, but she gives in as soon as he locks his lips with hers. Lost in the moment, Anon greedily motions his tongue forward. Alice is surprisingly receptive to this, and soon their lips are intertwined in an odd dance. The kiss becomes gradually more aggressive as Alice begins to take the initiative. Now, it is her tongue that is exploring Anon's mouth, searching every crevice, every corner.

Anon opens his eyes in surprise as he feels Alice's hand lead his to her chest. Alice notices his stare and blushes, but she doesn't push his hand away. In fact, she continues leading his hand so it can have better access and manueverability. He didn't expect her to be so forward. Their kiss continues to increase in intensity as he delicately caresses her through her dress.

"Crash!"

The two break away from each other at the sound. They quickly turn to the source of the sound.

A broken bottle of wine is laying on the ground. The liquid flows along the cracks on the ground. It somehow reminds Anon of blood.

He looks up to find Marisa, face aghast. She is still somehow holding two wine glasses with her other hand. Her knees are shaking. Her eyes are damp with tears. Her mouth is quivering.

The three stand in shock for what seems like an eternity.
>> No. 8671
>>8669

hahaha what
>> No. 8672
File 122370143914.jpg - (70.49KB , 800x600 , sunset.jpg ) [iqdb]
8672
Anon wakes with a start. He tries to focus his eyes to recall his dream, but shakes his head in frustration. He just remembers that it is somehow both pleasant and scary at the same time.

He looks out the window to see the sunset. Looks like he fell asleep. Examining the book he used as a cushion, it looks like he finished reading three chapters of the magic book before passing out in stupor. "Not that bad," he tells himself as he stretches. At least he didn't drool all over the table.

He takes a glance at the books. He is able to grasp most of the concepts he read, but the theories are still too complicated for a single reading. He stands up and stretches again. He needs to do something else to rest his brain.

He looks around. There is some light seeping through the sides of the door Alice pointed out earlier; It looks like she is still busy with her work. No sign of Marisa anywhere, perhaps she isn't finished yet. Anon wonders what they will be having for dinner.

[ ] Custom
>> No. 8673
[ ] Stare at a wall for a bit, willing your headache to leave.
[ ] It always hurts afterwards, falling asleep in the middle of the day...
>> No. 8674
[x] Try applying some of that theory; let's see if you've actually learned something.
>> No. 8675
[x] Take a look around the house, try not to be intrusive (plain sight only)
[x] Check on Alice, what's she working on?
[x] Go back to reading
>> No. 8676
[x] Try applying some of that theory; let's see if you've actually learned something.
>> No. 8677
[x] Take a look around the house, try not to be intrusive (plain sight only)
[x] Check on Alice, what's she working on?
[x] Go back to reading
>> No. 8678
[x] Try applying some of that theory; let's see if you've actually learned something.
[x] Take a look around the house, try not to be intrusive (plain sight only)
[x] Check on Alice, what's she working on?
[x] Go back to reading

GATTAI DA
>> No. 8679
>>8670
Too much cuteness for one day leads to this.

[x] Try applying some of that theory; let's see if you've actually learned something.
[x] It'll get your mind off that dream too.
[x] Check on Alice, try to start a conversation
>> No. 8681
File 122376912658.png - (0.97MB , 600x700 , alice_creepy.png ) [iqdb]
8681
Loading User Commands:
[X] Try applying some of that theory; let's see if you've actually learned something.
[X] Check on Alice, what's she working on?

---

"Magic Time!," Anon says aloud.

Bringing the book, he steps out of the house to practice outside. He recalls that some magic is extremely destructive, and he doesn't want to take any chances. Plus, he doesn't feel like waving his arms around stupidly for Alice to see.

He finds a quiet spot in the clearing behind the house and begins the exercises from the book. Breathing exercises are followed by hand gestures. Hand gestures are followed by command words. Command words are followed by using all three in order. He patiently follows the instructions on the book.

By the time he realizes it, the night has enveloped the sky in darkness. He shakes his head and sighs. "I suppose magic can't be learned by books alone," he tells himself as he walks back inside. "If anything, all I learned is that a lot of bugs come out at night in this forest," he says as he scratches the places where he was bitten.

A pleasant odor wafts in from the kitchen. Curious, he puts the book down on the table and follows the smell. He is mildly surprised to find three dolls preparing dinner. One is chopping vegetables, one is stirring some soup in a pot, and one is getting dishes from a cabinet. Not wanting to disturb them, he returns to the hallway.

He decides to check on Alice. He gently knocks on the door and lets himself in. He looks around to see that this is indeed a doll-maker's workshop. All types of fabric and wood lie on the shelves. There is wool, silk, and even denim. An open drawer on the right reveals it to be full of glass eyes, plastic buttons, and other doodads. An electric sewing machine lies in the corner ("Wonder how they power it," he asks himself).

Alice herself is sitting beside a workdesk with one hand holding her chin. Her other hand moves to draw or erase something every so often. She seems to be engrossed in her work. To her right, Shanghai and another doll sit lifelessly on a shelf.

"So, what are you working on?" Anon asks.

"..."

"I was practicing magic earlier outside, but I couldn't even manage a spark. Can you give me some tips?"

"..."

"I saw your dolls preparing dinner earlier. Is it any easier at all to cook using the dolls?"

"..."

"So I heard you like other girls?"

"..."

Anon sighs. If she doesn't react to that, then she probably hasn't even noticed he entered the room. It is quite impressive how she can maintain her concentration into her work so deeply. But he can't help but find it all to be a bit creepy.

He heads back out to the table and glances back at the books. Dinner should be ready soon, but Marisa hasn't arrived.

He looks around. The room he is in seems to be used for entertaining and feeding guests, as there is a dining table as well. Besides the kitchen and the workshop, there are two other doors that he hasn't entered. There is also a staircase going up to the second floor. Alice doesn't seem to be leaving the workshop anytime soon.

[ ] Explore the first floor. Might find something useful.
[ ] Explore the second floor. Might find something nice.
[ ] Go back to reading. Wait patiently until dinnertime.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 8683
[x] Go back to reading. Wait patiently until dinnertime.

Learning magic is about hard work and guts.
>> No. 8685
[ ] Go back to reading. Wait patiently until dinnertime.

READ THE UNREADABLE
LEARN THE UNLEARNABLE
>> No. 8686
[~] Explore the first floor. Might find something useful.

Our inventory is dangerously empty.
>> No. 8688
[x] Explore the first floor. Might find something useful.
>> No. 8689
Yeah, instead of reading the book on magic Alice so generously lent us, let's look around for shit to steal.

awesome.jpg
>> No. 8690
[ ] Go back to reading. Wait patiently until dinnertime.
>> No. 8691
File 122380976636.jpg - (222.92KB , 1000x750 , 7e6b44b59cdb16efe2a215d0f06a6788.jpg ) [iqdb]
8691
>>8689
YOU'VE LEARNED WELL ~ZE
>> No. 8692
[x] Go back to reading. Wait patiently until dinnertime.
>> No. 8693
>>8689
We're just borrowing it ~ze.
>> No. 8694
[ODIN] Explore the first floor. Might find something useful.

STEAL THE UNSTEALABLE
>> No. 8696
[x] Go back to reading. Wait patiently until dinnertime.

I like this Alice, stop looting her house.
>> No. 8697
[equis] Go back to reading. Wait patiently until dinnertime.

Fuck yeah reading
>> No. 8698
File 122385850851.jpg - (34.44KB , 303x355 , marisa_happy.jpg ) [iqdb]
8698
Loading User Commands:
[x] Go back to reading. Wait patiently until dinnertime.

---

Anon successfully fights against his irrational urge to loot and pillage the house like an RPG character. Doing something like that is simply impolite, after all.

He decides to go back to reading his book, perhaps the later chapters can give him some insight. He focuses on his study and manages to finish a couple of chapters.

"I'm back ~ze!"

Marisa bursts in the front door and drops her sack inside. She leans her broom against the wall before accosting Anon.

"Ooo, busy studying?"

"Yep, I think I'm starting to grasp the basic concepts, but I still can't do anything," Anon replies.

Marisa nods solemnly. "Just keep working at it! With enough hard work, you can be awesome too! Well, maybe not as awesome as me, haha."

Marisa heads straight to the kitchen. A few moments later, she steps back out.

"Looks like the dolls are finished with dinner. Where's Alice?"

Anon points toward the workshop.

Marisa gives Anon a sly smile and beckons him to follow.

[ ] Give Marisa a nod and follow her.
[ ] Ignore her and continue reading the book.
[ ] Set up the table and bring in the food from the kitchen.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 8699
[ ] Ignore her and continue reading the book.
>> No. 8700
[x] Give Marisa a nod and follow her.

Who knows. She might run off with something.
>> No. 8701
[x] Give Marisa a nod and follow her.
>> No. 8702
[x] Give Marisa a nod and follow her.

Marisa probably knows how to break Alice out of her trance.
>> No. 8703
[x] Give Marisa a nod and follow her.
Hopefully this leads to some sort of sexual encounter.
>> No. 8704
>>8703
No. Too early - needs more development before we get H. Also, this is Alice route, so yeah.
>> No. 8707
>>8704
>Also, this is Malice route, so yeah.

fixed
>> No. 8710
{X} Give Marisa a nod and follow her.
>> No. 8711
>>8704
No, I meant Marisa doing something wonderful and nice to Alice to get her attention.
>> No. 8712
[X] Give Marisa a nod and follow her.

Damn, now we forgot to go into the library with Alice after locking all doors.
>> No. 8722
File 122399193969.png - (235.26KB , 500x550 , marisa_alice_kiss.png ) [iqdb]
8722
Loading User Commands:
[X] Give Marisa a nod and follow her.

---

Anon gives Marisa a quick nod and quickly gets up to follow her. She leads him straight into the workshop. Alice still seems preoccupied with her work.

"Just stand over there, to the side," Marisa says.

As instructed, Anon steps to the side, wondering what he is supposed to do. Marisa walks behind Alice and pauses for a moment. Alice still seems too busy to notice.

"Gotcha!"

Marisa grabs Alice tightly from behind. Her hands seem to be dangerously close to Alice's chest. Is she intentionally trying to grope her? Anon observes silently.

"E-e-eh?"

Alice forcefully frees herself, her face a light tinge of pink.

"Stop doing that!," Alice says.

Alice opens her mouth to say more, but leaves it hanging half-way. It seems that she just noticed that Anon is in the room. Anon gives a polite smile and a slight wave. Her face is now bright pink.

"Ahahaha! Don't think I'm finished, ~ze!"

Without warning, Marisa presses her lips with Alice's. Seemingly in shock, Alice gives no resistance as Marisa motions her lips deeper onto hers. Her eyes rapidly switch from Anon to Marisa, then from Marisa to Anon, back and forth. In a few seconds, Marisa pulls back, grinning.

"That was tasty, would you like to try?"

Marisa quickly runs up to Anon and pats him to the back.

"She's much cuter when she knows someone is watching," she whispers.

With that, Marisa leaves the workshop. Alice is rooted to the spot, her face now bright red.

Anon pauses for a moment. Though unexpected, he can't say that it isn't a pleasant sight. He manages to give Alice a polite shrug before dragging himself out of the workshop. If he stays any longer, he might do something stupid.
>> No. 8723
just as planned
>> No. 8724
File 122399434223.jpg - (99.72KB , 585x801 , marisa_and_alice2.jpg ) [iqdb]
8724
After several minutes of awkward silence, they finally start eating dinner. The dolls prepared some kind of garlic and herb pasta with a few slices of meat on the side. The meal reminds Anon of an Italian restaurant, but his mind draws a blank beyond that.

Alice arrives to join them. Anon gives her a compliment about the food, but she doesn't seem to hear it. She mechanically shovels the food into her mouth in silence.

Marisa breaks the tension by discussing magic. It takes a few minutes, but eventually Alice stops hiding her enthusiasm for the subject. She readily explains the details of the experimental spell that she was testing earlier. Anon smiles as he sees them recover quickly, but stays out of the discussion for the most part. He doesn't know enough about magic to contribute to complex discussions yet.

Anon focuses on his own thoughts as he tunes out their discussion. He thinks about how he arrived in Gensokyo, and how he has no memories of his past. He still doesn't know his own name. Somehow, he bumped into two friendly magicians and managed to avoid getting devoured by wild youkai (or worse). But what is he supposed to do next?

"So, what are ya gonna do next, ~ze?"

"Do you have any plans for tomorrow?"

Anon blinks. They seem to be talking to him. He gives Alice a puzzled look. Alice sighs before giving him a polite smile.

"You are staying here for the night. I'm not so cruel as to send a human out into the night."

"Awww! I thought I was taking him home ~ze!"

"Night flying is dangerous, especially when it's with you! He can get injured badly if he falls."

Marisa simply pouts as she turns to Anon. Alice looks at Anon, as well. They both seem to be waiting for an answer.

Anon thinks about where to stay.
[ ] Take Alice's offer.
[ ] Take Marisa's offer.

Anon considers his plans for tomorrow. (multiple selection)
[ ] Explore the Forest of Magic. Might be a bit dangerous alone.
[ ] Visit Kourindou. Goods from the Outside may be useful.
[ ] Visit the Human Village. Always something to do there.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 8725
feels good man

[x] "Dangerous, huh? Maybe we should all stay here for the night?"
[x] Visit Kourindou. Goods from the Outside may be useful.
[x] Stick to his studies.
>> No. 8727
>>8726

Don't cross the streams. It would be bad.
>> No. 8728
[x] "Dangerous, huh? Maybe we should all stay here for the night?"
[x] Visit Kourindou. Goods from the Outside may be useful.
[x] Visit the Human Village. Always something to do there.
[x] Stick to his studies.

Okay, maybe it's a little too early to go straight into shitstorm territory with SDM.

Changing vote a little on the possibility that Keine's history powers will give her the ability to see this guy's past, for the potential of mindfuckery and brick shitting.
>> No. 8729
>Somehow, he bumped into two very friendly magicians
Fixed
>> No. 8730
>>8725

Sounds good.

[x] "Dangerous, huh? Maybe we should all stay here for the night?"
[x] Visit Kourindou. Goods from the Outside may be useful.
[x] Stick to his studies.
>> No. 8731
[x] "Dangerous, huh? Maybe we should all stay here for the night?"
[x] Visit Kourindou. Goods from the Outside may be useful.
[x] Visit the Human Village. Always something to do there.
[x] Stick to his studies.

Eh, there's plenty of stuff we can do in a day.
>> No. 8732
[x] "Dangerous, huh? Maybe we should all stay here for the night?"
[x] Visit Kourindou. Goods from the Outside may be useful.
[x] Stick to his studies.

I called that one so well.
>> No. 8734
File 122402870486.png - (36.44KB , 450x500 , mariari.png ) [iqdb]
8734
Loading User Commands:

[X] "Dangerous, huh? Maybe we should all stay here for the night?"

[X] Visit Kourindou. Goods from the Outside may be useful.
[X] Visit the Human Village. Always something to do there.
[X] Stick to his studies.

---

Anon gets a brilliant idea.

"Dangerous, huh? Maybe we should all stay here for the night?," Anon says.

For a moment, both girls pause in silence.

"I suppose that's fine, too. Marisa can share my room if she likes. The bed in the guest room is a bit small." Alice says, sighing.

"Sleeping together with Alice is very fine ~ze", Marisa says with a big grin on her face.

Alice blushes furiously. "D-don't say things that will cause misunderstandings!"

"Don't mind, don't mind!", Marisa says, while making a strange gesture.

Marisa turns to Anon. "By the way, have ye decided what to do tomorrow?," she asks.

Anon takes a short pause.

"Kourindou sounds like a good place to visit. I might find something interesting among their goods, or perhaps I can lend some assistance to the owner."

"The owner is an old friend of mine. He's a pretty weird guy, but he has good intentions," Marisa comments.

"I'll probably head to the Human Village afterward. There are a lot of things to do there, and visiting Keine might be a good idea."

Alice nods in agreement. "The village used to be more open, but because of some recent incidents, they have become suspicious of newcomers. Just watch your back and don't do anything foolish," she advises.

"After that, I'll probably go back to my magical studies. I still haven't managed to do anything interesting."

"Don't worry about that too much! Magic comes when it comes!," Marisa says.

Alice adds, "Don't strain yourself. Until your body gets used to it, the channeling of magical energy can be extremely straining."

Everyone seems to be in a good mood. There is probably time for one or two more topics of discussion before dinner ends. Anon can probably talk freely about other subjects he has in mind.

[ ] Custom
>> No. 8737
>There is probably time for one or two more topics of discussion before dinner ends.

Oh, shit.

[x] Ask about these "recent incidents", and if they have anything to do with, or are similar to, your arrival here.
[x] Ask about any other "newcomers": About their appearances, their names, their attitudes. Maybe they can jar your memory a little.
>> No. 8738
[x] Ask about these "recent incidents", and if they have anything to do with, or are similar to, your arrival here.
[x] Ask about any other "newcomers": About their appearances, their names, their attitudes. Maybe they can jar your memory a little.
>> No. 8739
[x] Ask about these "recent incidents", and if they have anything to do with, or are similar to, your arrival here.
[x] Ask about any other "newcomers": About their appearances, their names, their attitudes. Maybe they can jar your memory a little.
>> No. 8742
>Alice nods in agreement. "The village used to be more open, but because of some recent incidents, they have become suspicious of newcomers. Just watch your back and don't do anything foolish," she advises.

Are these stories some sort of prequel for Nemo?

[x] Ask about these "recent incidents", and if they have anything to do with, or are similar to, your arrival here.
[x] Ask about any other "newcomers": About their appearances, their names, their attitudes. Maybe they can jar your memory a little.
>> No. 8747
File 122413063844.png - (37.58KB , 400x400 , alice.png ) [iqdb]
8747
Loading User Commands:
[X] Ask about these "recent incidents", and if they have anything to do with, or are similar to, your arrival here.
[X] Ask about any other "newcomers": About their appearances, their names, their attitudes. Maybe they can jar your memory a little

---

"So, what are these recent incidents that you mentioned? Anything I should know?", Anon asks.

Marisa laughs loudly.

"Don't worry about it! It's just the usual: youkai attacks, mysterious disappearances, strange phenomena. There's nothing especially new happening ~ze."

Alice looks concerned.

"Well, Reimu thinks otherwise. She is especially suspicious, because this isn't like any of the other incidents."

"Other incidents?" asks Anon.

Alice simply nods as she explains.

"Incidents in Gensokyo are usually started by powerful beings. As such, the effect of these incidents becomes dead obvious within a short time. Once, we had a thick red mist cover the surface of Gensokyo, blocking out the sun. Another time, we had to deal someone who created a false moon. The incidents vary in form, but they tend to catch everyone's attention."

"And that's why I say that the lazy miko is just bored!," Marisa interrupts. "Recently, all we have are isolated cases all over Gensokyo. There isn't anything to worry about, ~ze!"

Alice frowns, but continues.

"Like she said, we have had several minor cases. There have been numerous youkai attacks around the Human Village lately. I've heard that even peaceful youkai are being attacked. There has also been an increase in the activity of evil spirits. Rumors say that they have started attacking in large, organized swarms, rather than individually. And of course, the mysterious disappearances; while humans going missing is common, we heard of a few elder youkai vanishing as well."

Marisa waves her hand dismissively. "They're probably just sneaking around, causing mischief as usual," she says.

"How about newcomers? Has anyone else from the Outside arrived?" Anon asks.

Both girls pause to think.

"I haven't heard of anyone really unusual arrive lately," Alice says.

"Outsiders aren't that rare though, I wouldn't be surprised if there would be a few more like you who arrived in the last couple of months," Marisa adds.

"I see," Anon manages. He is disappointed that there aren't any obvious leads.

For a moment, all three are silent, each deep into their own thoughts.

"I believe that the only incident we need to worry about is what happens if we leave our guest alone with Alice tonight, ~ze"
>> No. 8748
File 12241311961.jpg - (7.46KB , 400x300 , full_moon.jpg ) [iqdb]
8748
Anon finds himself alone in the spare bedroom. Just as Alice said, the bed is made for a single person. "I wonder what Alice's bedroom looks like," he mutters to himself.

He wonders what would have happened if he hadn't met the two magicians. From what he heard, he would probably be dead, dying, or worse. He reflects on the strange series of events. Was it all really a happy accident?

After a few minutes, he shakes his head. He doesn't know enough, and to assume anything would be far too dangerous. He probably needs to explore the world of Gensokyo a bit more. Maybe things will make themselves clear in time.

He yawns, finally realizing that he is sleepy. He stares at the bed longingly.

[ ] Investigate the other rooms of the house.
[ ] Explore outside.
[ ] Go to sleep
>> No. 8749
[ ] Go to sleep

Good night~
>> No. 8751
>"I believe that the only incident we need to worry about is what happens if we leave our guest alone with Alice tonight, ~ze"

OH NO YOU DIDN'T

[x] Go to sleep

Too early to start snooping.
>> No. 8752
[x] Go to sleep

Long day tomorrow.
>> No. 8753
[x] Go to sleep
>> No. 8754
[x] Go to sleep

is times for sleeps now
>> No. 8763
File 122419865725.jpg - (104.58KB , 1104x1608 , deep_mist.jpg ) [iqdb]
8763
Loading User Commands:
[X] Go to sleep.

---

Darkness.

He stands again in this lonesome darkness.

When will this end?

[~It has only begun.]

He shakes his head. Why was he here in the first place?

[~The journey comes before the destination.]

He doesn't belong here. He shouldn't be here. In this place, he is helpless and weak.

[~You are not weak.]

This place is full of powerful beings that he can't possibly defend against.

[~You are not weak.]

He is only a normal human. What can he possibly do here?

[~You are not weak.]

Silence.

[~You have simply forgotten who you are, and what you are capable of.]

A strange amorphous mist materializes in front of him.

[~Figure this out, and perhaps you will see.]

He stares deeply into the mist.

"Is this, a puzzle?", he asks.

[ ] Observe
[ ] Experiment
[ ] Analyze
>> No. 8764
[ ] Analyze
>> No. 8765
This is a dream, right?

[x] Read the instruction manual.

"Dear NEW OWNER of the Yakumo Industries AMORPHOUS MIST PUZZLE UNIT™, please take the time to review the following important safety instructions...."
>> No. 8766
[ ] Experiment

cannot analyze data we do not have, cannot observe a reaction without first inducing it
>> No. 8767
[ ] Experiment
>> No. 8768
[x] Experiment.

It's mist. I think we've made enough of an observation already. Time to toy with it.
>> No. 8769
[ ] Experiment
>> No. 8770
[*] Experiment

This is SCIENCE!

Or not. Updates at /youkai/ pretty please?
>> No. 8771
[ ] Analyze
>> No. 8772
[ ] Experiment
>> No. 8774
File 122421945311.jpg - (48.10KB , 413x720 , keine_sensei.jpg ) [iqdb]
8774
Introduction Scenario Completed.

Loading User Commands:
[ ] Experiment

---

Anon decides to experiment with the mist. He needs to test what it does. He removes his shirt and thinks about holding it into the mist. No point in risking his arm, right?

But before he can test the mist's properties, a bright light interrupts his concentration.

"Dammit," he mutters.

Anon opens his eyes to see that morning has arrived. And since he forgot to close the curtains, he has a headache and is now sweating profusely. Plus, he somehow threw his shirt off in his sleep.

He curses as he gets up. Grudgingly, he puts his shirt back on and tries to fix himself up.

"Thirsty," he mutters.

He heads straight down to the kitchen to get a glass of water. Only after drinking does he realize that there is a working tap. Gensokyo has plumbing?

Shaking his head, he leaves the kitchen. Something on the dining table catches his eye.

Looks like someone left a note.

[ ] Examine the note.
[ ] Look for Alice.
[ ] Return to the guest room.
>> No. 8775
[x] Examine the note.
>> No. 8776
[x] Examine the note.
>> No. 8777
{X} Examine the note.
>> No. 8778
[x] Examine the note.

Suspicious.
>> No. 8779
[x] Examine the note.

Why the hell not?
>> No. 8781
It appears to be a C--not middle C, but the one three octaves below that.

It seems your morning has begun on a rather low note.
>> No. 8782
>>8781

Three octaves? Goddamn. That's, like, below the point where it would be considered a tone. It's more like a rumble.
>> No. 8783
>>8781

That was uncalled for.
>> No. 8788
>>8783
Don't be so crotchety.
>> No. 8789
>>8781
She left us a hundred bucks? Sweet.
>> No. 8791
File 122430894656.jpg - (127.99KB , 800x518 , hakurei_shrine.jpg ) [iqdb]
8791
Loading User Commands:
[X] Examine the note.

---

"Marisa and I are going to the Hakurei Shrine this morning. We are meeting
with Reimu and the others. We will probably get back sometime in the
afternoon.

You can probably visit Kourindou or the Human Village while we are out. I
left a hooded cloak and walking stick for you beside the door. It is a pretty
long walk for humans, and it might rain as well. Marisa said that she gave
you a good idea of the area, just follow the signs and you shouldn't get lost.

Hope you find a way to restore your memories. If not, maybe you can find
a place for yourself here in Gensokyo.

- Alice

I left something useful for you. It's in a small pouch in the kitchen ~ze.

- Marisa"

Anon rereads the letter. Did Marisa really write that in? What's up with '~ze' anyway?

He sighs. He by the entrance and spots the cloak and stick that Alice left. He turns to the kitchen, and spots a small pouch tied with a cute red ribbon.

Looks like he will be moving around alone today.

[ ] Make yourself some breakfast.
[ ] Go back to sleep.
[ ] Rummage through Alice's house for precious things.
[ ] Leave for Kourindou.
[ ] Leave for the Human Village.
[ ] Wander the Forest of Magic.
[ ] Custom

Take:
[ ] Long walking stick.
[ ] Hooded cloak.
[ ] Small pouch.
[ ] Beginner's magic book.
>> No. 8792
[x] Leave for Kourindou.
[x] Long walking stick.
[x] Hooded cloak.
[x] Small pouch.
[x] Beginner's magic book.

It's closest to us, I'm sure. We can go to the Human Village along the way and go see Keine after.
>> No. 8793
[ ] Rummage through Alice's house for precious things.
>> No. 8794
[x] Leave for Kourindou.
[x] Long walking stick.
[x] Hooded cloak.
[x] Small pouch.
[x] Beginner's magic book.
>> No. 8795
[x] Leave for Kourindou.
[x] Long walking stick.
[x] Hooded cloak.
[x] Small pouch.
[x] Beginner's magic book.
>> No. 8796
[x] Leave for Kourindou.
[x] Long walking stick.
[x] Hooded cloak.
[x] Small pouch.
[x] Beginner's magic book.
>> No. 8798
[x] Leave for Kourindou.

[x] Long walking stick.
[x] Hooded cloak.
[x] Small pouch.
[x] Beginner's magic book.

Stop using notepad.
>> No. 8799
>[ ] Long walking stick.
>[ ] Hooded cloak.

awesome.jpg
>> No. 8800
>>8799

I don't get it.
>> No. 8802
>>8798
What, you don't get it?
It's a note. As in, a small slip of paper. With edges.
>> No. 8803
File 122435691883.jpg - (24.35KB , 366x459 , odin.jpg ) [iqdb]
8803
>>8800
Odin's guise when walking among mortals, probably.
>> No. 8873
>>8803
awesome.jpg
>> No. 8874
File 122442042397.jpg - (96.60KB , 500x733 , Georg_von_Rosen_-_Oden_som_vandringsman_1886_(Odin.jpg ) [iqdb]
8874
>>8803

A fake beard is really all that's missing right now.
>> No. 8896
File 12244759764.jpg - (207.70KB , 1000x750 , forest.jpg ) [iqdb]
8896
Loading User Commands:
[X] Leave for Kourindou.

Take:
[X] A long walking stick. It looks sturdy.
[X] A hooded cloak. It can cover your head from the rain.
[X] A small pouch full of mushrooms. You have no idea what they do.
[X] A beginner's magic book. "Basic Magical Theory and Simple Applications".

---

Anon decides to leave immediately for Kourindou.

He examines the pouch Marisa left, it seems to be full of mushrooms. She didn't leave any instructions with it, but they should come in useful somehow. He pockets it.

He spots the magic book Alice lent him. He could kill time studying more about magic, in case he doesn't find anything else to do. He takes the book as well.

He steps out of the cottage, grabbing the walking stick and cloak. He wears the cloak over his shoulders and fastens it. Satisfied, he heads along the path, walking stick and book at hand. Dressed like this, he feels wiser for some reason. "A beard would probably complete the look," he thinks.

The day feels great for a new adventure.

The journey is peaceful as he walks. He gradually notices the beauty and serenity of the Forest of Magic. Trees and bushes are verdant green and lush with life. Some are flowering, dotting the forest with fresh red, yellow and violet. Even the mushrooms come in a variety of colors and sizes. He finds it hard to believe that such a place is dangerous.

He passes by a fork in the road with a strange sign. He examines it, and is surprised to find that he can understand the foreign symbols. In fact, he is able to converse with Alice and Marisa easily. Perhaps language isn't an issue in Gensokyo.

He reads the sign: "Stay on the path. Do not travel at night. Wild Youkai and Fairies inhabit the Forest. Do not feed." Scribbled on the bottom is a newer entry: "A madman carrying a broken trident has been seen in the Forest. He is capable of powerful danmaku and is suspected of attacking travellers, youkai and human alike. Do not approach and report to the Village Guardian if sighted."

He shrugs as he walks down the path toward Kourindou. He has no plans of feeding the wildlife of the Forest of Magic, especially if he is on the menu. Neither of the magicians mentioned anything about a madman, but that greatly supports their warnings of the lethal dangers of the Forest.

He estimates that he is about halfway to Kourindou when he hears strange noises and heavy-sounding thuds coming from the left. They seem to be coming from deeper into the Forest of Magic. He can probably investigate the source without straying too far from the path. However, the Forest is supposed to be quite dangerous...

A shrill cry interrupts his thoughts. It sounds like a young girl.

Anon pauses to think.

[ ] Investigate the source of the noises. Someone might be in trouble.
[ ] Ignore it and continue walking to Kourindou. The Forest is dangerous.
>> No. 8902
[ ] Ignore it and continue walking to Kourindou. The Forest is dangerous.
>> No. 8905
[x] Investigate the source of the noises. Someone might be in trouble.
>> No. 8907
[Anon cannot resist girls] Investigate the source of the noises. Someone might be in trouble.
>> No. 8913
[X] Investigate the source of the noises. Someone might be in trouble.
>> No. 8915
[x] Investigate the source of the noises. Someone might be in trouble.

Wriggle?
>> No. 8933
[~] Investigate the source of the noises. Someone might be in trouble.

You are the fairies
>> No. 8934
File 122456110026.jpg - (125.57KB , 589x687 , wriggle.jpg ) [iqdb]
8934
Loading User Commands:
[X] Investigate the source of the noises. Someone might be in trouble.

---

Anon decides to investigate the noises. They might lead to a damsel in distress, after all.

He hurries through the bushes, book and walking stick in hand. A few bushes delay his progress, but he continues running. He must help whoever is in need. An adventure needs a hero, right?

He pauses as he surveys the scene.

Burning bushes and uprooted trees lie all over the area. The ground is scorched black at some places, and no sign of wildlife can be seen. The place looks like a battlefield. What could do such damage in only a few minutes?

"Uhuuu... that damn bully..."

Anon follows the sound of the voice. Looks like someone survived.

"Didn't even call out a duel... that really hurt," the voice says. Is the girl hurt?

Anon continues walking.

"Damn humans, always doing whatever they want... who do they think they are?"

Anon pauses as he sees the owner of the voice. She has green hair and a black cloak with a red underside. Her clothes are scorched, but it seems she is wearing a white shirt and black pants. The clothes seem to be made for men, is she a cross-dresser?

He considers what to do next. It doesn't look like she noticed him yet.

[ ] Retreat slowly and return to the path. Don't get involved.
[ ] Approach the girl and see if she needs any help. She sounds hurt.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 8935
[ ] Retreat slowly and return to the path. Don't get involved.

Duel. So, any fighting was on purpose. Thus, the best choice.
>> No. 8936
[ ] Retreat slowly and return to the path. Don't get involved.
>> No. 8937
[x] Retreat slowly and return to the path. Don't get involved.
>> No. 8938
[x] "We're not all bad."
[x] Approach the girl and see if she needs any help. She sounds hurt.

>>8935
>Duel. So, any fighting was on purpose.

derp
>"Didn't even call out a duel... that really hurt," the voice says. Is the girl hurt?
>> No. 8939
[X] Approach the girl and see if she needs any help. She sounds hurt.

It's Wriggle. Akyu's Perfect Memento in Strict Sense lists her human friendship level as "normal," which means that she's actually reasonably amiable. There's little danger in approaching her in a friendly manner.
>> No. 8940
[x] Approach the girl and see if she needs any help. She sounds hurt.

Isn't it sad Wriggle ;_;
>> No. 8941
[x] Approach the girl and see if she needs any help. She sounds hurt.

This person is just who I wanted to see.
>> No. 8942
[x] "We're not all bad."
[x] Approach the girl and see if she needs any help. She sounds hurt.

Awesome choice is awesome
>> No. 8943
[x] "We're not all bad."
[x] Approach the girl and see if she needs any help. She sounds hurt.
>> No. 8946
File 122460091523.png - (94.25KB , 500x500 , wriggle_startled.png ) [iqdb]
8946
Loading User Commands:
[X] Approach the girl and see if she needs any help. She sounds hurt.

---

"Hey, are you alright?," Anon asks as he approaches.

Looking closer, the girl has a pair of antennae protruding from her head. Is she a youkai?

"Of course I'm not alright! That guy blasted me worse than that black-white," the girl answers.

"A human other than Marisa attacked you?" Anon continues.

"Yeah, damn humans - always looking down on us bugs. That guy was even worse... what the hell is his problem?" she says loudly.

Anon nods as he takes a seat beside the girl. For a moment, they sit silently, watching the clouds float by.

"W-w-what the?," the girl says. She jerks her head in his direction, finally noticing him. She looks at him with mouth agape. Did she think she was talking to herself? In the next instant she stands up and points at him with a scowl on her face.

"Y-y-you're a human! W-w-what the hell do you want?," she asks.

"I just wanted to see if you're alright. I heard some noises, and I was wondering if someone got hurt," Anon says.

"I-I'm just fine! And why the hell would I take help from a human?" she says.

"We're not all bad," Anon replies.

"I won't back down to you humans! If you aren't here for a fight, then get lost!," the girl shouts.

She turns to leave, but crumples down on the ground instead. Looks like she hurt one of her legs badly. She mutters curses as she rubs her leg.

[ ] Offer to examine her leg. You aren't a doctor, but maybe you can do something.
[ ] Carry her on your back and head to Kourindou. You can probably get some help there.
[ ] Retreat slowly and return to the path alone. Don't get involved.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 8947
[x] "Come on, you're hurt. At least let me help you."
[x] Carry her on your back and head to Kourindou. You can probably get some help there.
>> No. 8948
{X} "Come on, you're hurt. At least let me help you."
{X} Carry her on your back and head to Kourindou. You can probably get some help there.
>> No. 8950
[x] "The guy who attacked you was carrying a broken trident, right? That guy is an enemy of both humans and youkai, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend."
[x] Carry her on your back and head to Kourindou. You can probably get some help there.
>> No. 8957
[X] "Come on, you're hurt. At least let me help you."
[X] Carry her on your back and head to Kourindou. You can probably get some help there.
>> No. 8961
[x] "Come on, you're hurt. At least let me help you."
[x] Offer to examine her leg. You aren't a doctor, but maybe you can do something.
[x] Carry her on your back and head to Kourindou. You can probably get some help there.
>> No. 8966
[x] "Come on, you're hurt. At least let me help you."
[x] Offer to examine her leg. You aren't a doctor, but maybe you can do something.
[x] Carry her on your back and head to Kourindou. You can probably get some help there.

I prefer this solution. Carrying an injured person around without prepping the injury sight for transport may only make things worse.
>> No. 8968
[x] "Come on, you're hurt. At least let me help you."
[x] "The guy who attacked you was carrying a broken trident, right? That guy is an enemy of both humans and youkai, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend."
[x] Offer to examine her leg. You aren't a doctor, but maybe you can do something.
[x] Carry her on your back and head to Kourindou. You can probably get some help there.

GATTAI DA
>> No. 8986
Server reconnected at: >>8975