[Return]
Archived Thread

File 122029276183.jpg - (112.23KB , 450x571 , 1206583266210.jpg ) [iqdb]
7966 No. 7966
[ ] Observe her pattern and attempt to attack Ran as she materializes.


You reach out with your will, gripping the black fires of rage and forcing them back into the deepest recesses of your mind. Calm and insight will win the day, not blind anger. Watchful like unblinking Heimdall, sharp-eyed guard of Bifrost, keen-eyed like the soaring eagle. Thus you watch the beautiful and deadly dance of the golden-tailed fox.

Ran shows no signs of relenting her assault, blinking in and out of sight while raining magic upon you. You dodge the bursts of sorcery, noting that her attacks follow a strict pattern. Disappear, reappear, burst of danmaku, then repeating the process. Easy to predict, but somewhat harder to avoid. Regardless you quickly find the trick to staying out of harm's way. Like a serpent you weave around the magic, avoiding her bullets with relative ease.

Ran notices this, scowling at your success. But she does so with a slight hint of disbelief on her face, as if she can not believe that a mere human can dodge her attacks like this. But despite the lack of effect she still keeps repeating the same pattern time and again. Maybe she is too arrogant to change it? Or maybe she can't? You look up and meet Ran's gaze for a long second. She bares her fangs at you before blinking out again, the blue circle of magic blurring to the side.

Within your mind the rage, the wisdom and the hidden whispers converge into insight. You have seen how she will attack. You have the strenght to strike back. And thus you suddenly know how to defeat the mage fox.

You reach down towards your belt and bare your own fangs, but yours are of steel, and that makes all the difference. The wizard fox may be powerful, but she's still a beast. A beast knows not the riddle of steel, trusting only in the might of flesh and bone. This truth is clear to you as you grasp the hilt of your fang, hearing the hymn of forged metal, the song earth and fire bound into tool of war.

As the circle of magic draws together you draw back your arm. As the sorcerous cloud begins to swirl and coalesce into a shape you snap it forward, sending your dagger hurtling through the air. As Ran materializes fully she reels back in shock, her wide eyes slowly moving down to stare dumbly at the fang of steel piercing her chest. She clutches feebly at the hilt, then shudders and begins coughing up dark red blood. The deep, free-flowing crimson soils her dress as it pours out. The fox-woman throws back her head and roars in fury and agony, grasps the hilt of the dagger and tears it out. A shower of red blood follows your dagger, but stops almost immediately. It seems apparent that this foe will be hard to kill.

Regardless it is obvious that Ran wasn't expecting this at all. Her hands are trembling as she mutely gazes down on the bloody piece of steel in her hands. She drops the dagger and turns her head towards you, revealing a mask of pure animal rage. She looks down on you as if you were a nuisance to be squashed without mercy for having the temerity to fight back against her. The nine-tailed wizard fox opens her mouth to speak, and a palpable aura of power wreathes her in a terrible embrace. Something within you mind screams for you to act, to do something before the golden-tailed one brings down a fury to rival that of the gods themselves on your head.

Luckily Ran is interrupted before she can do just that. Ten thousand stars suddenly shoot down from the heavens, crashing into Ran like the fist of a giant. She goes down, nearly hitting the ground before managing to halt her descent. You jump slightly at this unexpected development and turn your gaze upwards.

Far above you there is an unmistakable figure raining down sorcerous doom. She brushes back her golden locks and adjusts her pointy hat. Then the bold black-white reaches out her arm towards Ran, a gesture that can only mean on thing.

"MASTER SPARK, BITCH!"

The beam of power flashes into existence, brilliant like Skinfaxi's mane, blinding you momentarily. As the white slowly fades you notice that Marisa has joined you on the ground, grinning madly like only she can.

"Hah, didja see that -ze? Man I'm good!" She winks conspiratorically at you before adding "Good that you stopped her spellcard tough, hard to spark people when they're teleporting around y'know -ze. Was helpful." You feel vaguely offended to have your noble battle relegated to some mere sideshow and your glory stolen by this sudden ambush from above.

"Delighted am I, my spirit soaring as I could contribute to wise witch's victory." Your voice practically drips venom and sarcasm at this point.

"Don't mention it, don't mention it. Gotta let your underlings help out sometimes y'know -ze. Good for morale." Marisa replies, while waving her hand at you in an indulgent manner. You quietly contemplate murder for a moment, but dismiss the idea and acknowledge your defeat. Marisa's grin only widens, somehow sweeping away your bitterness. Damn it all, why must she be so endearing?

But enough of that, you still have work to do. The two of you wordlessly turn back towards the low crater where Marisa's beam impacted. You can't imagine anyone surviving that, but then again stranger things have happened.

"RAAN-SAMAAA!" Chen's horrified wail ehoes as you and Marisa approach the point of impact. You find her sobbing over Ran, while the fox-woman slowly pats Chen's head, murmuring reassuring words in her ear. Ran herself is alive, but obviously in a great deal of pain. Her skin is cracked and bruised, her dress torn and bloody. She struggles to draw breath as you walk up to her, staring coldly into her eyes. Defiant to the last the golden-tailed one meets your gaze without flinching.

"So... you've won outsider. For now..." She stops speaking and coughs up more blood. "But when my mistress returns she'll deal with you."

"It is her that I have sought, it is her that I will find. All the better if she comes to me." You reply while keeping your voice flat. Your quest draws closer to its goal, and your words ring true. But in the meantime, what shall you do with her servant?


[ ] Keep your promise from earlier. Gift her the wings of the blood-eagle.

[ ] Kill her cleanly. Unwise is the one who leaves a foeman alive.

[ ] Knock her out. You don't want to kill her, but you can't have her interfering either.

[ ] Sweep up Ran in your arms and carry her back inside. Her wounds need treatment.

[ ] Rape

__________________

And as I said in the last thread my studies are atrating up again. Thus updates will probably be more sporadic in the future.

>> No. 7967
[x] Knock her out. You don't want to kill her, but you can't have her interfering either.
[x] Sweep up Ran in your arms and carry her back inside. Her wounds need treatment.
[x] Rape

Not necessarily in that order.
>> No. 7968
[x] Sweep up Ran in your arms and carry her back inside. Her wounds need treatment.

Our fight was interrupted. She'll live to fight another day.
>> No. 7969
[x] Sweep up Ran in your arms and carry her back inside. Her wounds need treatment.

Aside from being a good match for us (And let's face it, what viking wouldn't get bored without a good fight now and then?) she's not the person we're seeking vengeance upon. Don't even get me started on Chen.

We shall not sink to such lows.
>> No. 7970
[X] Sweep up Ran in your arms and carry her back inside. Her wounds need treatment.

We make no sense, but goddamn it, that's why we're awesome.
>> No. 7971
[x] Sweep up Ran in your arms and carry her back inside. Her wounds need treatment.

You'll not be joining the hosts of Fólkvangr today, Ran.
>> No. 7972
[x] Sweep up Ran in your arms and carry her back inside. Her wounds need treatment.
[x] Get a funnel and force feed her some sake.

Mark my words, we'll make >>7120 come true.
>> No. 7973
[ ] Kill her cleanly. Unwise is the one who leaves a foeman alive.

Vikings kill their enemies. If you plan to play as a viking, then act as a viking.
>> No. 7974
File 122030032491.jpg - (243.60KB , 382x1000 , suppafan~da.jpg ) [iqdb]
7974
[ x ] Sweep up Ran in your arms and carry her back inside. Her wounds need treatment.

We want to kill Yukari~n, not her servants.
>> No. 7975
Swayed by the crying catgirl.

[x] Knock her out. You don't want to kill her, but you can't have her interfering either.
[x] Sweep up Ran in your arms and carry her back inside. Her wounds need treatment.

Besides, killing someone in glorious battle is one thing, but killing someone when they're already defeated is rather cowardly.
>> No. 7976
[x] Sweep up Ran in your arms and carry her back inside. Her wounds need treatment.
[x] Get a funnel and force feed her some sake.

In order for >>7120 to happen.
>> No. 7977
[x] Knock her out. You don't want to kill her, but you can't have her interfering either.
[x] Sweep up Ran in your arms and carry her back inside. Her wounds need treatment.

She's too proud to accept help anyway.
>> No. 7978
File 122030115228.gif - (68.24KB , 479x362 , 1206656322508.gif ) [iqdb]
7978
[x] Knock her out. You don't want to kill her, but you can't have her interfering either.
[x] Sweep up Ran in your arms and carry her back inside. Her wounds need treatment.

BONK.
>> No. 7979
It was not a fair fight, thus our pride cannot allow us to kill her. Our beef is with Yukari herself, anyway.

[Ð] Sweep up Ran in your arms and carry her back inside. Her wounds need treatment and Marisa's shoulder needs to be looked at.
[Ð] Tell Chen you'll need sake to disinfect Ran's wounds. Lots of sake.

Now as we wait for Yukari we'll do what Vikings do after every battle: Party.
>> No. 7980
{X} Sweep up Ran in your arms and carry her back inside. Her wounds need treatment and Marisa's shoulder needs to be looked at.
>> No. 7981
[X] Sweep up Ran in your arms and carry her back inside. Her wounds need treatment and Marisa's shoulder needs to be looked at.

Did we just lose another weapon to a master spark?
>> No. 7982
[x] Sweep up Ran in your arms and carry her back inside. Her wounds need treatment.
[x] Get a funnel and force feed her some sake.
>> No. 7983
[ ] Keep your promise from earlier. Gift her the wings of the blood-eagle.

...No. Just, no. Even if she'll regenerate, that's all bad.

[x] Sweep up Ran in your arms and carry her back inside. Her wounds need treatment.
>> No. 7985
>>7981

Well, it wasn't all that effective anyway.
>> No. 7986
>>7974
I'd cool myself in the wind from Ran's posterior, if you know what I mean.

[X] Sweep up Ran in your arms and carry her back inside. Her wounds need treatment.

No need for violence~
>> No. 7987
[x] Sweep up Ran in your arms and carry her back inside. Her wounds need treatment and Marisa's shoulder needs to be looked at.

well, this seems like suicide but whatever
>> No. 7988
[+] Keep your promise from earlier. Gift her the wings of the blood-eagle.
Bold Tyr favors not the oath-breaker.
Keep thy word, Sigurd.
>> No. 7989
[X] Sweep up Ran in your arms and carry her back inside. Her wounds need treatment.

We will spare her life in return for use of medical supplies. Time to go patch up some foxy womenz.
>> No. 7990
>>7986
...there's /d/, and then there's just fucking stupid.

That fetish falls squarely in the latter category.
>> No. 7991
>>7988
>Keep thy word, Sigurd.

Hey, gurofag, read:
>"Grave is the crime, and the reckoning is at hand. Yield, O servant of the dark one, yield as you must, lest the vengeful warrior gift you wings of the blood-eagle."

She yielded, so no need for that.
>"So... you've won outsider. For now..." She stops speaking and coughs up more blood. "But when my mistress returns she'll deal with you."
>> No. 7992
>>7991
I didn't read it the same way, it seems. If it's as you say, then that's better.

It's important to note, though, that in nearly all their appearances in myths, foxes (and their anthropomorphic versions) are known to keep grudges, and tend to carry them out in very unpleasant ways.
>> No. 7993
File 122034308325.jpg - (65.64KB , 483x409 , foghorn that's the joke.jpg ) [iqdb]
7993
>>7990
>> No. 7994
>>7992

The huldra in Scandinavian folklore fit the archetype, but only become vengeful when betrayed or lied to, to tell a moral. But she answered a well-founded challenge by Sigurd and admits her loss; I don't think we have to worry about her unless she's commanded to attack us by Yukari.
>> No. 7996
[ ] Sweep up Ran in your arms and carry her back inside. Her wounds need treatment.
>> No. 7997
[ ] Rape

I blindly charge forward for the choice that can't possibly win.
>> No. 7999
[x] Sweep up Ran in your arms and carry her back inside. Her wounds need treatment.
>> No. 8002
[x] Tail feel so good
>> No. 8003
[x] Sweep up Ran in your arms and carry her back inside. Her wounds need treatment.

Awesome, tail feel so good route.
Can we get Ran route?
>> No. 8005
>>8003
>Ran route
>/forest/

No. There is already a possible Komachi route, don't bring in any more character than necessary.
>> No. 8009
>>8005

What do you mean "bring in more characters"? She was the first fucking Touhoe we encountered.
>> No. 8011
>>8009

"Bring in more characters with route"
>> No. 8012
Norseman, you alive?
>> No. 8014
>>8012
>And as I said in the last thread my studies are atrating up again. Thus updates will probably be more sporadic in the future.
>> No. 8015
A quick heads-up for the good anonymous and tripfags reading this story.

As of now I've got time to write on most fridays and weekends. There will probably also be sporadic updates at other times.

And new update tomorrow morning. Swear by the hammer of Thor.
>> No. 8016
>>8015
Hooray!
>> No. 8017
>>8015
>And new update tomorrow morning.

Hooray!
>> No. 8018
[x] Sweep up Ran in your arms and carry her back inside. Her wounds need treatment.
>>8015 Huzzah!
>> No. 8019
File 122058791956.jpg - (31.06KB , 850x637 , Balrog.jpg ) [iqdb]
8019
>>8018
>Huzzah!
>> No. 8022
I am, as of right now, writing.

And non-violent option obviously won.
>> No. 8025
>>8022

Hooray!
>> No. 8027
File 122063736530.png - (90.42KB , 450x417 , 1211879377724.png ) [iqdb]
8027
[ ] Sweep up Ran in your arms and carry her back inside. Her wounds need treatment.


Your hand twitches as you instinctively reach for your other dagger. Defeat or victory in battle is determined by thread of fate and Allfather's will. Mercy is not given nor expected, for death in battle is the most glorious of fates, calling the handmaidens of Odin to watch and judge the deeds and doom of worthy warrior. Your foe now lies helpless and defeated, and is that not a sign of the Hooded One's will? Has not the Hanged God made you his intrument this day, in order to call the nine-tailed wizard fox to his side? Would it not be merciful to spare her this suffering?

Why then is it that you can't bring yourself to draw your weapon and finish this? Something within you pushes back as you try to summon the resolve to do the deed, and you quickly find that you have found something new this day, someone that you cannot bring yourself to kill. Not the anger simmering within your mind nor the cold voice of reason are of any use.

You kneel down beside Ran instead. She's still glaring at you, though she is obviously struggling to keep her composure while in what appears to be horrible pain. Chen shies away from you as you approach, and one hard glance at the little girl sends her scurrying back. Ran tries to say something, but coughs up more blood instead. She looks helpless like a newborn babe, and somehow the final shards of anger bleed away from your mind at the sight.

Acting on something akin to pure instinct you reach down and slide your arms beneath the golden-tailed fox-woman. Her eyes widen in surprise as you proceed to gently lift her up in your arms. You adjust your grip to make her more comfortable, then rise up and begin walking back towards the large house. Ran struggles weakly in your arms, so powerlessly that you barely feel it. A more detached part of your mind wonders what you're doing, but you immediately shut down the train of thought. You'll have to sort through this jumble of emotions later, for now you turn your will and strenght towards your immediate task. Marisa cocks her head and raises an eyebrow at you as you pass by her, but thankfully she doesn't comment. Then the black-white witch silently follows after you and Ran.

You glance down, meeting the fickle fox-woman's gaze and see the mixture of indignation and embarassment in those golden orbs. She audibly gnashes her teeth in frustration and glares daggers at you. Apparently you've not won much sympathy from her despite sparing her life. You think you should be offended at this, but again you can't bring yourself to summon the emotion. Fortunately you suddenly get something else to focus on.

"Wait! Where are you taking Ran-sama? Let her go!" You look up and find a cat hovering in front of you. Chen is trying to look fierce, but her trembling body and tear-streaked cheeks completely destroy the attempt. But deep in her eyes you can make out something hard, awakened by love, fear and loyalty. The little cat bares her fangs at you as she voices her demand. It is met by a mocking whistle from Marisa. You turn your head to look at the witch, who steps forward to confront the twin-tailed beast-girl, grinning widely

"Big words from a small cat -ze. Why don'cha give up before I hafta beat you down?" Not the most diplomatic way to go about things, but you have to admit that she does get the point across. Chen seems taken aback for a second, but she quickly recovers, now bristling with fury.

"I won't let you hurt Ran-sama any more! Go away, both of you!" It looks like you might have to deal with another beast.


[ ] Ignore her. You haven't the time for this.

[ ] Try to explain what you're doing.

[ ] Let Marisa handle Chen.
>> No. 8028
[X] Try to explain what you're doing.

GIVE 'ER SOME PROSE
>> No. 8029
[ ] Try to explain what you're doing.
>> No. 8030
[X] Ignore her. You haven't the time for this.

Let's atleast be gruff about what we're doing.
>> No. 8031
[X] Try to explain what you're doing.

But considering Sigurd barely knows what he's doing either, perhaps
[ ] Let Marisa handle Chen./[ ] Ignore her. You haven't the time for this.
>> No. 8034
[+] Try to explain what you're doing.
"Ensuring your beloved huldra meets not her end this day."
[+] Let Marisa handle Chen.
>> No. 8035
>"I won't let you hurt Ran-sama any more! Go away, both of you!" It looks like you might have to deal with another beast.

[X] "Your words betray themselves. Would not leaving her here to die bear more harm than tending to her wounds?"
>> No. 8036
[X] Try to explain what you're doing.
>> No. 8037
[x] Try to explain what you're doing.

Hooray for diplomacy!
>> No. 8039
[x] Try to explain what you're doing.

Hooray for Ran Route.
>> No. 8040
[X] Try to explain what you're doing.

Hooray for, uh... Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!
>> No. 8041
[x] Just tell her to get the sake.
>> No. 8050
[X] Try to explain what you're doing.
[x] For some reason, you cannot find the heart to kill her. Say this while absentmindedly stroking her tails.
>> No. 8055
[x] "Ensuring your beloved huldra meets not her end this day."
>> No. 8063
[X] Try to explain what you're doing.
[X] There is honor in death at battle. But there is onlt shame on being spared"
>> No. 8078
I'm a bit too tired to write right now, so the update will be finished tomorrow morning.

We apologize for this inconvenience.
>> No. 8079
[X] Try to explain what you're doing.
[X] There is honor in death at battle. But there is only shame on being spared"
>> No. 8080
>[X] There is honor in death at battle. But there is only shame on being spared"

And an equal amount of dishonor falls upon the victor for not giving a warrior her due.

Sigurd's only justification in not sending her to Valhalla is that their duel was interrupted, in which case no shame would fall on Ran in the first place.
>> No. 8090
>>8080
>their duel was interrupted, in which case no shame would fall on Ran in the first place.
[x] mention that ^
>> No. 8119
[ ] Throw Ran at Chen.

Can't resist.
>> No. 8122
[x] Fap Tengu Commander
>> No. 8127
Updates?
>> No. 8139
Unfortunately my coursework is really heavy at the moment, and writing doesn't flow when I'm all stressed out.

But fear not, for an update will come tomorrow. For real. By the name of Odin Veratýr.
>> No. 8140
>>8139
You are win
>> No. 8142
[ ] Try to explain what you're doing.


Something about the little cat-girl plants strange emotions in your mind. Maybe it's her loyalty, or the courage that comes with it? You don't know. But somehow you stop, and somehow you feel like you owe her and explanation.

"I... intend to aid the fallen foe, fair fox-woman, golden-tailed huldra from forest of stone, for..." Wait, what are you doing? By the thrice-damned name of Nidhögg root-gnawer, why can't you find the words, why is the poetry denied you? Somewhat awkwardly you let your sentence trail off before you completely lose track of your thoughts.

But the answer is obvious. You don't know your motivation for doing this, other than the feeling that it's... right somehow, thus silence would serve better in this case. But regardless of your vagueness this confession seems to have a profoud effect on everyone within earshot.

"You- you're going to help Ran-sama?" Chen seems slightly incredulous, but at the same time her face is plainly showing her relief. A few stray tears roll down her cheeks, which she quickly wipes off. Then her expression changes into pure confusion. "But... why did you hurt Ran-sama?" She stares at you for a few moments, eyes wide and uncomprehending.

"Y-you'll help Ran-sama, right?" You nod silently, which seems to mollify Chen somewhat. She slowly hovers down to the ground with a relieved expression. Maybe now you can get the wounded fox-woman inside? Alas some evil fate seems to conspire against this goal.

"Of course we won't help.! We're gonna eat her -ze." With her unfailing timing Marisa's cheerful voice strikes for maximum damage. Chen's head immediately swings towards the black-white, eyes wide with shock. With a nasty grin on her face the wicked witch continues speaking.

"You want a rib or two? We'll have plenty to spare with a big catch like this -ze." You can hear Ran's teeth gnashing and grinding, and a quick glance down at her confirms that the fox youkai is not amused by Marisa's antics.

"Eeeeeh? N-no!" Chen seems to be on the verge of tears again, her small voice tinged with near-hysteria. She glares at Marisa and yells at the witch. "You meanie, I hate you!"

"Oooh, she hates me she says. My life is ruined, whatever should I do -ze?" Marisa seems to ignore the twin-tailed cat and starts complaining loudly about the unfairness of life and how dark and miserable her childhood was. You decide not to pay attention to this... farce. It is unworthy to hold your attention. Something else does however.

Chen growls at Marisa's mocking words, souding exactly like an angry cat. You can't believe that this girl would pose any threat, but there is something in her eyes that hints at the possibility. Almost like she has something greater to fight for, something worth risking life and limb defending. You have seen men march to their deaths with that look in their eyes. Her voice is slightly harder as she yells at the wicked black-white wizard of wild woods.

"Stop it! I'm not going to forgive you for this! I'll beat you and save Ran-sama!." You thought that Marisa wasn't paying attention to Chen, but at this challenge she immediately stops and turns towards the cat-girl with an evil look on her face.

"Oh ho? The cat wants to get her butt kicked? Fine by me -ze." Judging from the tension in the air you'd say that another battle is imminent. Fantastic.


[ ] Stop this godsforsaken bickering. You've already had enough drama for one day.

[ ] Stop this unworthy mockery. You will show your foes respect.

[ ] Ignore this charade and carry Ran inside the house.

[ ] Stay and watch. This might be fun.
>> No. 8144
[X] Ignore this charade and carry Ran inside the house.
Let them have fun.
>> No. 8147
[x] Stop this unworthy mockery. You will show your foes respect.

Warrior honoran' gaems.
>> No. 8148
[x] Stop this unworthy mockery. You will show your foes respect.


hmmmm
>> No. 8149
[X] Ignore this charade and carry Ran inside the house.
>> No. 8150
[+] Ignore this charade and carry Ran inside the house.
Marisa's just screwing around. It's harmless, so let her.
>> No. 8151
>>8150
I don't think that she is just harmless screwing around.
This could go all wrong, we gotta earn Chen's trust and Ran's too, defeat Yukari and get our Honour back.
>> No. 8152
[ ] Stay and watch. This might be fun.

Marisa will get her ass kicked. We should let Ran watch this.
>> No. 8153
[x] Ignore this charade and carry Ran inside the house.

Ran's wounds need tending. Marisa's are obviously fine.
>> No. 8154
[x] Stop this unworthy mockery. You will show your foes respect.
>> No. 8155
[x] Stop this unworthy mockery. You will show your foes respect.
>> No. 8156
[x] Ignore this charade and carry Ran inside the house.

How much longer until Ceiling Cat?
>> No. 8157
[x] Stop this unworthy mockery. You will show your foes respect.

Honar Gaems
>> No. 8158
[x] Stop this unworthy mockery. You will show your foes respect.

The right choice
>> No. 8159
[X] Stop this unworthy mockery. You will show your foes respect.

We're only here for one person, and the only real obstacle has been dispatched.
>> No. 8160
[x] Stop this unworthy mockery. You will show your foes respect.
>> No. 8161
[x] Ignore this charade and carry Ran inside the house.
>> No. 8162
[x] Ignore this charade and carry Ran inside the house.
>> No. 8163
[x] Stop this unworthy mockery. You will show your foes respect.
>> No. 8164
[x] Ignore this charade and carry Ran inside the house.

Ran, bleeding, stop
>> No. 8165
[X] Stop this unworthy mockery. You will show your foes respect.

Quite.
>> No. 8166
{X} Stop this unworthy mockery. You will show your foes respect.
>> No. 8167
[X] Stop this unworthy mockery. You will show your foes respect.
>> No. 8168
[x] Stop this unworthy mockery. You will show your foes respect.
>> No. 8170
[ ] Stay and watch. This might be fun.

I can't believe this got only one vote. Two now, but still...
>> No. 8172
[x] Stop this unworthy mockery. You will show your foes respect.
>> No. 8173
It's just spaming now.
Norseman can you call a vote stop now?
>> No. 8176
Right, it seems like respectful option has won. Update will be posted sometime tomorrow morning.
>> No. 8178
Writing goes slowly because of sudden influx of extra work. An extra day is required for the continued maintaining of an acceptable level of quality.

And upon closer reflection I've also come to realize that I really should write the poetry in Dróttkvætt instead of Fornyrðislag.

But then again, Dróttkvætt is almost unreadable by any resonable standards. Which brings me back to the issue of stilistic purity versus legibility. A dilemma, as they say.
>> No. 8179
>>8178

[X]Dróttkvætt
>> No. 8180
[ ] Ignore this charade and carry Ran inside the house.
>> No. 8181
>>8178
[X]Dróttkvætt
>> No. 8182
>[X]Dróttkvætt

Man, you people have no idea how long that shit takes to write. But as per semi-popular request I'll give it a try.

Also writing now.
>> No. 8183
>>8182
hooray!
>> No. 8184
So I've realized that Dróttkvætt is a goddamn torture to write, especially as I really can't use my regular method of writing old norse poetry. So don't expect it to become a regular feature or anything.

But even though I had to cut a few corners I'm quite satisfied with the result. There also won't be any updates until wednesday evening at the earliest.

With that out of the way I'm off to sleep.
__________________________

[ ] Stop this unworthy mockery. You will show your foes respect.


This is wrong. The wizard fox faced you with courage. The twin-tailed cat hesitates not, not even when faced with impossible odds. And is not refusing to yield to fear the mark of courage?

The Allfather respects courage and courage alone, and is not his servant then obliged to do the same? Can you stand and wach his will be denied? No! This, this is enough. This is enough! Your eyes fix on Marisa as you roar in fury at this blasphemy.

"NO MORE!" Marisa jumps in surprise as the wall of sound shakes the very foundations of the buildings around you. She slowly turns towards you, seemingly stunned by your outburst. Your gaze grasps her own, locking your ice-cold eyes with hers.

"No more games, black-white one. Even hated foe is to be honoured, and mocking tongue is bane of the warrior's head and honour." You nod towards the little cat-girl, now looking as shocked as the witch does. "Battle if you will, but slight her not. That is not the way of Odin's chosen." The witch blinks at you in confusion and shock. Out of the corner of your eye you note that the cat does the same.

You suddenly realize that no one in this forsaken realm knows the will of the Allfather. No one knows the true meaning of glory and wisdom. You quietly decide that this will have to change.

With renewed purpose you stride forth towards the young girl, twin-tailed Chen. Clear is your voice as the magic of song fills you. High sound the words of princely verse. Straining your skills to the utmost you let the poetry flow, weaving the words into a tapestry of verse and rhyme. Speaking to both of the spirit-beasts your voice booms out over the village of illusion and apparition.

"Cowers not when caw sounds,
song of Svidur's servant.

So sang old skald, strong-voice,
as sang old Sidgraní,
slayer of Aurgelmir.
Giant of Ginnungagap,
rime-born, of fire shaped."

You can feel the eyes of your audience on you, three souls rapt with attention as you finally know and tell of your motivation. This... confession feels good. Like a cleansing fire burning away the impure the song brings clarity of mind and spirit. You lower your voice and calmly sing the next stanza.

"Flees not from thorn-of-wounds,
stands tall before spear-cast.

So said old skald, song-smith,
as said wise Sígfodr,
war-bringer, host-slayer.
Ásagrimmr, spear-thruster,
sang of one of high heart.

Bravely lifts battle-ice,
sharp-eyed as Hallinskídi
Fiercely wields wounding-wand.

So says young skald, sky-strider,
such is soul of brave beast."

The twin-tail answers not, neither does the witch. But the fox speaks, even though her voice is strained and weak.

"Human... are you speaking the truth?" You look down at her, meet her gaze and see something new in her eyes. Her spirit unbroken, yet no longer defiant.

"If you're sincere I won't resist whatever you are planning to do to me, as long as you promise you won't hurt Chen." She watches your face with cautious eyes as she speaks, searching for hints of malice or treachery.

"R-Ran-sama! Don't! Chen won't let the bad people hurt you!" The cat-girl protests, obviously shocked by this suggestion. You look up at her tear-streaked face, and unbidden something tugs at your very heart-roots. A sideways glance shows that the black-white is still in a state of shock and confusion. Marisa's eyes dart back and forth between you and Chen. Maybe you were a bit too harsh on her?

But that must be a matter for a later time. Your eyes turn back down, looking at the fox-woman in your arms and seeing the tears flowing down her cheeks, matching those of the twin-tailed cat-girl. There is a bond of true kinship that all men recognize and you see it here, binding two lives as firmly as the dwarf-forged fetters chaining Odin's bane. Perhaps it was the right choice to let the wizard fox live after all, for there is ever a price to pay for severing such bonds.

Ignoring the twin-tailed one's objection Ran lifts her eyes and slowly speaks to you.

"Human, do you promise?"


[ ] Swear that you will not hurt Ran or Chen.

[ ] Swear that you will not hurt Chen.

[ ] Refuse. You cannot swear an oath unless you're sure you can keep it.
>> No. 8186
{X} Swear that you will not hurt Ran or Chen.
>> No. 8187
An oath, be it blood, word, or name, binds strongly to a warrior. They are not to be made carelessly.

[ ] Swear that you will not hurt Ran or Chen for the time being. The rest depends upon her master's return.
>> No. 8189
[x] Swear that you will not hurt Ran or Chen for the time being. The rest depends upon her master's return.
>> No. 8190
[X] Swear that you will not hurt Ran or Chen for the time being. The rest depends upon her master's return.

Yeah, we'll be humane. But we still mean business.
>> No. 8191
[X] Swear that you will not hurt Ran or Chen for the time being. The rest depends upon her master's return.
>> No. 8192
[X] Swear that you will not hurt Ran or Chen for the time being. The rest depends upon her master's return.

Though it's not like we'll attack them if Yukari doesn't show up. We're more likely to eat them out of house and home.
>> No. 8193
[] Swear that you will not hurt Ran or Chen for the time being. The rest depends upon her master's return.
[] Pat Marisa's head then proceed with the medical attention

after we take care of Ran, lets comfort Marisa
>> No. 8194
>>8184
I applaud you, sir.

Its direction unknown and unnecessary, the noise from my cheers shall carry for longer than man can follow your tale.
>> No. 8195
[X] Swear that you will not hurt Ran or Chen for the time being. The rest depends upon her master's return.
>> No. 8196
[X] Swear that you will not hurt Ran or Chen for the time being. The rest depends upon her master's return.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT SIGURD JUST SAID BUT IT SOUNDED AWESOME
>> No. 8197
>>8196
same, but awesome

[X] Swear that you will not hurt Ran or Chen for the time being. The rest depends upon her master's return.
>> No. 8198
That was so epic.
>> No. 8199
I am kind of shocked Ran understood that.

Ran route?
>> No. 8200
>>8199
Mo' like Ran Ru.
>> No. 8201
Ran Ran Ran Ran Ran Ran Ran Ran Ran Ran
>> No. 8202
>>8199
Tonight when all is quiet, Sigurd will devour Ran.
>> No. 8203
File 122156930681.jpg - (50.68KB , 500x445 , 1188863231160.jpg ) [iqdb]
8203
>>8202

If you know what I mean.
>> No. 8204
>>8199

Ran is a super genius according to PMiSS, however much stock you place in it.

But more importantly, that was really awesome, Norseman.
>> No. 8205
[x] Swear that you will not hurt Chen.

"For the time being" and "the rest depends on your master" is not reassuring no matter how you put it (y so srs?).

All Ran is asking is that we don't hurt Chen. She knows very well the Ran is at the disposal of Yukari, and it is a given we cannot avoid fighting Ran again eventually. So including Ran in the promise is pretty pointless.

However, not hurting Chen should be completely possible. Yukari probably won't use Chen to fight us (even is Chen is technically Yukari's as well). So, why don't we just promise we won't hurt Chen?
>> No. 8206
[x] Swear that you will not hurt Chen.
>> No. 8207
[x] Swear that you will not hurt Chen. The rest depends upon her master's return.

Modified. We're not going to hurt Chen.
>> No. 8209
>>8205

This man makes a damn good point. She asked for a promise to not hurt Chen, and promising more than what was asked cheapens your word rather than reassures. Sigurd is not the type to mince words when taking an oath.

[x] Swear that you will not hurt Chen.

Swearing you won't hurt Ran is sort of ridiculous given present circumstance, as well as patronizing; she is still Yukari's retainer, and must fight you if Yukari commands so.
>> No. 8210
[x] Swear that you will not hurt Chen.

bah logic
>> No. 8211
[+] Swear that you will not hurt Chen.
>> No. 8212
[x] Swear that you will not hurt Chen.
>> No. 8213
[x] Swear that you will hurt Chen.
>> No. 8214
[x] *grabs dick*
>> No. 8216
[x] Swear that you will not hurt Chen.
>> No. 8217
Deleted my vote

[x] Swear that you will not hurt Chen.
>> No. 8218
well why not follow the group

[x] Swear that you will not hurt Chen.
>> No. 8219
[x] Swear that you will not hurt Chen.
>> No. 8221
[X] Swear that you will not hurt Chen. The rest depends upon her master's return.
>> No. 8222
[x] Swear that you will not hurt Chen.
>> No. 8223
>>8209
You'd have my axe, but Marisa blew it up.

[X] Swear that you will not hurt Chen.
>> No. 8228
>>8199

Well, for the story to flow a bit better I'm generally assuming that the people hearing them will understand Sigurd's Skaldo Modo monologues. For an in-universe explanation I'd chalk it up to the magic of song.

Basically I do this to avoid having to write a ton of clarifications, and clarifications kinda miss the point of the methaphorical style and language used in old norse poetry.

Also update sometime tomorrow. Swear by the dwarf-forged necklace of Freya (which is the centrepiece of one of the best viking myths of them all).
>> No. 8231
[X] Swear that you will not hurt Ran or Chen.
>> No. 8232
[x] Swear that you will not hurt Chen.
>> No. 8234
[x] Swear that you will not hurt Chen.
>> No. 8235
[this] Swear that you will not hurt Chen.
>> No. 8250
Swear that you will not hurt Chen won. Writing about now.
>> No. 8258
Writing half-done, but I'm unfortunately too tired to crank out anything more right now.

We apologize for this incovenience. Update will be finished tomorrow morning.
>> No. 8263
>>8258

You soil the name of the gods. What should we do with you?
>> No. 8264
>>8263
Needs more Ran loving.
>> No. 8272
>>8263
WHAT DO WE DO WITH A TIRED WRITEFAG?
WHAT DO WE DO WITH A TIRED WRITEFAG?
WHAT DO WE DO WITH A TIRED WRITEFAG, LATE INTO THE EEEEEVENING
>> No. 8280
Updates?
>> No. 8281
>>8280

Nearly finished, and should be up in an hour or two.
>> No. 8282
>>8281

Hooray!
>> No. 8283
Still waiting now.
>>8281
>> No. 8284
Earnestly I await for the golden tailed huldra of the village.
>> No. 8285
The two hours are over, i see no updates.
>> No. 8286
File 122194947213.jpg - (113.81KB , 880x754 , 1190663095398.jpg ) [iqdb]
8286
>>8272

PUT HIM IN THE BRIG WITH THE CAPTAIN'S DAUGHTER,
PUT HIM IN THE BRIG WITH THE CAPTAIN'S DAUGHTER,
PUT HIM IN THE BRIG WITH THE CAPTAIN'S DAUGHTER,
LATE INTO THE EEEEEVENING.


And on a more serious note, update is here. This would be one more for the medfags.

_________________________

[ ] Swear that you will not hurt Chen.


She asks for an oath? Strange to hear such demands from fallen foe. Yet something still holds you back from brushing away her question. Maybe it's the fact that you see neither challenge nor point in battling the cat-girl, or maybe you simply don't want to say no to this woman. Or maybe, a sly part of your mind ventures, you could use this to your advantage in the future. Oathsworn as she is, the mage fox would not be able to assist her mistress if you accept her offer. That is, if she keeps true to her word.

But regardless, nothing would be gained by refusing. You choose your words with care and swear the oath asked of you.

"As fair fox asks, so it shall be. His hand will not rise to harm twin-tailed Chen, so swears song-smith by his honour, in Odin's name." As you speak you look down meet the weary eyes of the woman in your arms. She seems... grateful? Or maybe relieved? You do not know. But you do realize how painful it must be to beg your enemy for a favour, and to give up your own fate into the hands of another. Does she truly trust you with her life, or is it simply desperation? Again, you do not know.

"Thank you..." Ran's voice interrupts your thoughts, weak and strained as it is, it still touches something within you. As you watch the fox-woman's will starts to fail. She slackens in your arms and her eyes slowly close as her consciousness is claimed by the twin demands of wounds and weariness.

"Ran-sama!" Chen's wail is almost heartbreakingly emotional, a mixture of grief, fear and rage of enormous, passionate intensity. She rushes towards you, or rather towards the limp body in your arms, while baring her claws and fangs. With tears streaming down her cheeks she confronts you, apparently trying and failing to find the resolve to speak or to strike. Before she can compose herself you take the opportunity to speak.

"Listen to my words child, for this warrior has given his promise, as did fair fox-woman. Would you sully her honour, cast her oath away?" You see Chen hesitate, slowly backing down as your words start sinking in. You seize the moment and confidently stride past the confused cat, moving calmly like the stalwart sea-steed over the deep blue waters of Aegir's realm. With seasoned grace you carry your noble foe through the door and into what you assume is the high hall of Gensokyo's dark daemon, the mischievious lady clad in the same regal colour as the high lord of Miklagard.

For the dwelling of such a creature it is remarkably normal. You follow a small hallway into a spacious room dominated by a large, empty table and several strange pieces of furniture apparently clad in some sort of leather. You resolve to investigate this later and gently set down the wounded one on the table, carefully brushing her multitude of tails to one side while keeping her head propped up beneath your right arm. For now you must make sure she lives to honour her promise.

A quick examination reveals that the extent of her wounds are not so severe as you had feared. Your dagger-cast buried itself beneth her left breast, and from the angle it must have punctured a lung. Yet no more blood spills forth. As if the wound was healing by itself. Yet you have seen many men bleed to death on the inside, drowned by their own blood despite looking hale and hearty.

Marisa's magic seems to have caused harm of a more indeterminable nature, almost as if it wounds without affecting the physical body much. The only evidence of the sorcerous onslaught is several large burns on Ran's arms and shoulders and generally dry and cracked skin. But how would one go about treating harm inflicted by sorcery? You must admit that you have no clue whatsoever.

Yet whatever you intend to do it must be done quick. For who can say when the mistress of the house chooses to return?


[ ] Try a treatment (write-in)

[ ] Call for Marisa and ask her to help.

[ ] Call to the Gods for aid.

[ ] Ran will be fine, leave her and prepare to ambush Yukari.
>> No. 8287
Well I have no idea how to treat internal bleeding at all, so

[X] Ran will be fine, leave her and prepare to ambush Yukari.
>> No. 8288
{X} Ran will be fine, leave her and prepare to ambush Yukari.

Youkai are tough~
>> No. 8290
File 12219512049.png - (354.65KB , 800x600 , 1221940611617.png ) [iqdb]
8290
[X] Ran will be fine, leave her and prepare to ambush Yukari.

Hilariously not as planned
>> No. 8291
[x] Ran will be fine, leave her and prepare to ambush Yukari.

Eh.
>> No. 8292
File 122195458289.jpg - (23.26KB , 300x400 , irwin.jpg ) [iqdb]
8292
>>8290
CRIKEY LOOK AT THAT!
A Gap Youkai sleeping half in its gaps!

[X] Ran will be fine, leave her and prepare to ambush Yukari
>> No. 8293
[x] Nothing can be done for the internal injuries, but the burns are not too severe and can be palliated. Drape her arms and shoulders in cloths soaked in cool (not cold) water; get Chen to fetch them, and tell her to re-wet them every few minutes.
>> No. 8294
[x] Nothing can be done for the internal injuries, but the burns are not too severe and can be palliated. Drape her arms and shoulders in cloths soaked in cool (not cold) water; get Chen to fetch them, and tell her to re-wet them every few minutes.

Wow guys, let's just leave her to suffer right after we said we'd help her out. Nice job there.
>> No. 8295
[x] Nothing can be done for the internal injuries, but the burns are not too severe and can be palliated. Drape her arms and shoulders in cloths soaked in cool (not cold) water; get Chen to fetch them, and tell her to re-wet them every few minutes.
>> No. 8296
[x] Nothing can be done for the internal injuries, but the burns are not too severe and can be palliated. Drape her arms and shoulders in cloths soaked in cool (not cold) water; get Chen to fetch them, and tell her to re-wet them every few minutes.
>> No. 8297
[z] Nothing can be done for the internal injuries, but the burns are not too severe and can be palliated. Drape her arms and shoulders in cloths soaked in cool (not cold) water; get Chen to fetch them, and tell her to re-wet them every few minutes.

Medical treatin gaems.
>> No. 8298
File 122196287739.jpg - (148.90KB , 700x700 , 1206262630892.jpg ) [iqdb]
8298
>>8294

pfft. big deal.
>> No. 8299
[x] Nothing can be done for the internal injuries, but the burns are not too severe and can be palliated. Drape her arms and shoulders in cloths soaked in cool (not cold) water; get Chen to fetch them, and tell her to re-wet them every few minutes.

Ran ;_;
>> No. 8300
[x] Nothing can be done for the internal injuries, but the burns are not too severe and can be palliated. Drape her arms and shoulders in cloths soaked in cool (not cold) water; get Chen to fetch them, and tell her to re-wet them every few minutes.

Medanon comes to the rescue.
>> No. 8301
[x] Nothing can be done for the internal injuries, but the burns are not too severe and can be palliated. Drape her arms and shoulders in cloths soaked in cool (not cold) water; get Chen to fetch them, and tell her to re-wet them every few minutes.
>> No. 8302
[x] Nothing can be done for the internal injuries, but the burns are not too severe and can be palliated. Drape her arms and shoulders in cloths soaked in cool (not cold) water; get Chen to fetch them, and tell her to re-wet them every few minutes.
>> No. 8303
I like this. It busies Chen and keeps them both out of our hair.
>> No. 8304
[x] Nothing can be done for the internal injuries, but the burns are not too severe and can be palliated. Drape her arms and shoulders in cloths soaked in cool (not cold) water; get Chen to fetch them, and tell her to re-wet them every few minutes.
>> No. 8305
[x] Nothing can be done for the internal injuries, but the burns are not too severe and can be palliated. Drape her arms and shoulders in cloths soaked in cool (not cold) water; get Chen to fetch them, and tell her to re-wet them every few minutes.
>> No. 8306
>>8294

We never said we'd help her, we only promised to not hurt Chen.

[x] Ran will be fine, leave her and prepare to ambush Yukari.

Yukari won't be an easy opponent, we need to be ready.
>> No. 8307
[x] Nothing can be done for the internal injuries, but the burns are not too severe and can be palliated. Drape her arms and shoulders in cloths soaked in cool (not cold) water; get Chen to fetch them, and tell her to re-wet them every few minutes.

We promised to take care of her, hopefully she will stay out of the fight.
Ran Route is a must now.
>> No. 8308
[x] Nothing can be done for the internal injuries, but the burns are not too severe and can be palliated. Drape her arms and shoulders in cloths soaked in cool (not cold) water; get Chen to fetch them, and tell her to re-wet them every few minutes.
>> No. 8320
[x] Nothing can be done for the internal injuries, but the burns are not too severe and can be palliated. Drape her arms and shoulders in cloths soaked in cool (not cold) water; get Chen to fetch them, and tell her to re-wet them every few minutes.

Ran route is go.
>> No. 8321
[x] Nothing can be done for the internal injuries, but the burns are not too severe and can be palliated. Drape her arms and shoulders in cloths soaked in cool (not cold) water; get Chen to fetch them, and tell her to re-wet them every few minutes.

Unless Chen knows where the medical supplies in the house are, this is fine. Ran seems to be healing well enough.
>> No. 8322
[x] Nothing can be done for the internal injuries, but the burns are not too severe and can be palliated. Drape her arms and shoulders in cloths soaked in cool (not cold) water; get Chen to fetch them, and tell her to re-wet them every few minutes.
>> No. 8323
>>8321
You best be putting your medfag knowledge to use on this one.
>> No. 8324
File 122207771019.png - (302.89KB , 966x563 , 1206776001167.png ) [iqdb]
8324
>> No. 8325
Voting stop. Medical option won.

And updates in approximately seven hours, give or take an hour or four.
>> No. 8327
File 122212429471.jpg - (59.47KB , 500x500 , b531f8ab.jpg ) [iqdb]
8327
So there. This will probably be the last update before maybe wednedsday, so treasure it Anonymous.

__________________________

[ ] Nothing can be done for the internal injuries, but the burns are not too severe and can be palliated. Drape her arms and shoulders in cloths soaked in cool (not cold) water; get Chen to fetch them, and tell her to re-wet them every few minutes


You do not know whether you can do anything to heal her internal injuries, and is not the curing of such a wound always dependent on the mercy of gracious Eir? But the burns you can treat, and so you shall treat them to the best of your ability. You've seen the healers and wisemen use damp cloths to treat burns, and who are you do doubt their wisdom?

You turn around and look for something useful. While you can see no cloths or water you cannot miss the little cat-girl trying to hide behind the doorframe. Of the black-white there is no sign, but the cat can be put to work. You motion towards her, beckoning her to come closer.

"Little one, come here. She needs you." The cat slowly edges towards you and Ran, obviously still frightened. But as she notices the prone form lying on the table all caution seems to be thrown in the wind and Chen rushes over to her mistress. For a second she stares mutely at Ran's unconscious form, then she turns to you.

"M-mister? Is Ran-sama going to be fine?" You can see new tears welling up in the cat-girl's eyes as she speaks.

"Hale she will be, the fair fox. Yet wounded warrior wishes for grace of Lyfjaberg's mistress, merciful handmaiden of fair Frigg." You pause for dramatic effect, evoking a confused look from Chen. But before she can speak you continue, giving out your request.

"Fetch me water, but not too cold. Fetch me cloth, such as the women use. Binding-balm and snow-of-summer, these the twin-tail's mistress needs."

Chen visibly perks up at this opportunity to do something for her mistress. She nearly leaps to action and rushes off to fetch what you need. You can hear water flowing and cupboards opening and closing as proof of dutiful diligence, and before long she returns with water and cloth for you. Without a word you take the cloths and soak them in the water, then you carefully apply them over Ran's burns, rewarding you with a low moan from the wizard fox. Still she doesn't wake.

As your work nears its end you can't help paying more and more attention to your patient and foeman. She seems to sleep peacefully now, face serene and breathing calm. So beautiful now that her face isn't twisted in rage, so very different that you almost feel like... You quickly halt this train of thought before it can run any further. Why are you thinking of such matters right now?

Disturbed by this sudden flood of emotion you quickly turn away from the sleeping one. But it seems as if something of your emotions did reach the surface, for you suddenly hear a small voice addressing you.

"Um, Chen is confused..." The little girl looks down at her feet while speaking, then she pauses and glances up at you. Unwilling to give away more of your thoughts, and quite honestly not sure how to reply, you keep your face impassive. The twin-tailed one meets your inscrutable gaze for a few seconds, then she slowly and carefully continues speaking.

"P-people who hurt Ran-sama are bad people, but Ran-sama said 'Thank you', and you're supposed to say that when somebody's been good to you..." The little girl's brow furrows in thought as she shifts her eyes back down. She sounds less secure now, almost like she doesn't know what to say.

"And good people help Ran-sama, and mister's doing that." You look into her big, dark eyes, so full of innocence and the uncomprehending ignorance of childhood. You can see she's trying so hard to understand, but somehow the pieces just don't seem to fit into place. You suddenly feel as if you should thread lightly and carefully here.

"M-mister? Are you really a good person? But why did you hurt Ran-sama?"


[ ] Write-in only
>> No. 8328
[X] Your mistress is a kind and a noble one, with undying loyalty to her own. It is by no fault of hers that we were to cross blades, nor was it an honest victory for me.

What I am is a good person in a bad situation; one wrought by Yukari, whom I intend to come to terms with.


Except Norsified.
>> No. 8329
[X] "Your mistress is a kind and a noble one, with undying loyalty to her own. It is by no fault of hers that we were to cross blades, nor was it an honest victory for me."
[x] "What I am is a good person in a bad situation; one wrought by Yukari, whom I intend to come to terms with."
>> No. 8330
[X] Your mistress is a kind and a noble one, with undying loyalty to her own. It is by no fault of hers that we were to cross blades, nor was it an honest victory for me.

This is a good choice.
>> No. 8332
[X] Your mistress is a kind and a noble one, with undying loyalty to her own. It is by no fault of hers that we were to cross blades, nor was it an honest victory for me.
>> No. 8334
[+] "Your mistress is a kind and a noble one, with undying loyalty to her own. It is by no fault of hers that we were to cross blades, nor was it an honest victory for me."
[+] "What I am is a good person in a bad situation; one wrought by Yukari, whom I intend to come to terms with."
>> No. 8335
[x] "Your mistress is a kind and a noble one, with undying loyalty to her own. It is by no fault of hers that we were to cross blades, nor was it an honest victory for me."
[x] "What I am is a good person in a bad situation; one wrought by Yukari, whom I intend to come to terms with."
>> No. 8336
ATTN: Norseman
Will there be a Ran route? Is she an option?
>> No. 8337
I can almost see Yukari messing around with both of them. "You touched her tails, didn't you? Now you have to marry her..."
>> No. 8338
[x] "Your mistress is a kind and a noble one, with undying loyalty to her own. It is by no fault of hers that we were to cross blades, nor was it an honest victory for me."
[x] "What I am is a good person in a bad situation; one wrought by Yukari, whom I intend to come to terms with."
>> No. 8339
[x] "Your mistress is a kind and a noble one, with undying loyalty to her own. It is by no fault of hers that we were to cross blades, nor was it an honest victory for me."
[x] "What I am is a good person in a bad situation; one wrought by Yukari, whom I intend to come to terms with."

Approved
>> No. 8340
[x] "Your mistress is a kind and a noble one, with undying loyalty to her own. It is by no fault of hers that we were to cross blades, nor was it an honest victory for me."
[x] "What I am is a good person in a bad situation; one wrought by Yukari, whom I intend to come to terms with."
>> No. 8341
Holy shit my write-in is winning.

That's the first time since I came here with the /jp/sies.
>> No. 8342
File 122220152388.jpg - (41.79KB , 145x150 , 1217878541564.jpg ) [iqdb]
8342
>>8341
>> No. 8343
[X] Your mistress is a kind and a noble one, with undying loyalty to her own. It is by no fault of hers that we were to cross blades, nor was it an honest victory for me.
>> No. 8344
>>8341
Yours is a sad life, then
>> No. 8345
>[x] "Your mistress is a kind and a noble one, with undying loyalty to her own. It is by no fault of hers that we were to cross blades, nor was it an honest victory for me."

How the fuck is this winning? Kind and noble? Can we really say that? I mean, can Sigurd really say that? He know nothing of Ran, maybe she is a killer, a human eater, a Hitler Jr.. All they had was a fight, and that's all. All people/animals/things will soften/weaken when their treasures are in danger (or become stupidly mad).

[X] The one I aim to battle is Yukari. You two have no terms in this duel.
>> No. 8346
>>8345

We're dealing with a little kid.
>> No. 8348
>>8345

Yeah well you know that's just like your opinion man.
>> No. 8349
>>8348
I'm glad this is a meme here.

>>8345
I'm disappointed that you are underestimating Sigurd's powers of observation and ability to judge someone's character.
>> No. 8351
>>8336

Yes, Ran route is possible. Maybe not the easiest of routes, but definitely possible.


And I'll start writing the next update sometime tomorrow. Expect new thread and so on.
>> No. 8353
>>8351
>And I'll start writing the next update sometime tomorrow.

Hooray!
>> No. 8355
>>Yes, Ran route is possible. Maybe not the easiest of routes, but definitely possible.

This possibility pleases me greatly.
>> No. 8358
>Yes, Ran route is possible. Maybe not the easiest of routes, but definitely possible.

This. Tails feel so good
>> No. 8363
UPDATE