[Return]
Archived Thread

File 121882619425.jpg - (119.29KB , 626x677 , 11cfd37a.jpg ) [iqdb]
7579 No. 7579
There may or may not be another update tonight. Again, I'll tell before this writenigger lazes off.

______________________

[ ] Summon every ounce of strenght and throw your axe at the Chimaira.


Your muscles strain as you draw back your right arm. A split second later the spinning blade of cold steel flies through the air singing a deadly hymn as it approaches the chosen target.

With a satisfying thud your weapon buries itself in the side of the lion head causing the Chimaira to jerk and spasm in mid-air. Unfortunately a monster of a stature as great as this one still carries a lot of momentum and the impact of your axe only managed to shift it slightly. It crashes to the ground in front of Marisa and lashes out in its death throes. The black-white witch flies aside in a blur, but not fast enough. A massive claw pierces her left shoulder and the magician howls in pain.

"Gyaaah! You bastaaarrd!" Marisa lifts her right arm. She holds an octagonal wooden object in it, glowing with inner energy. Then Marisa's enraged voice shouts out the great monster's death sentence.

"Magicannon, 「Final Spark」" For a moment you're blinded by an intense flash of light and deafened by the droning sound of the enormous beam of energy.

As the all-encompassing white fades you become aware of the awesome forces unleashed by the spell. It is as if an enraged giant of Muspelheim has rushed through the forest, leaving shattered and burning tree trunks in its wake. The misty forest is now eerily illuminated by the flickering witchfires, and you note that there is no trace whatsoever of the Chimaira's body. On a more worrying note you can't see any trace of your weapon either. Fucking shit, that was your best axe.

Then your gaze falls on the person responsible for this feat of destruction. Only a few dozen metres away from you the bold black-white lies slumped against a large tree. Your mind fills with worry as you rush to her side, the few seconds almost feeling like an eternity. When you finally kneel down at her side the young magician greets you with a weak smile on her pale features.

"Aaah, that damn thing. Got 'im good though -ze." She tries to sound brave while gripping her lacerated shoulder. Blood trickles down from between her fingers, dying her sleeve's white fabric with a light crimson tone. Marisa keeps her head turned down, maybe in a vain attempt to hide the tears streaming down her cheeks.

The damned fool, she almost got herself killed for your sake. You don't know what you'd have done if she hadn't survived.

You resolve to yell at her later. For now there are more pressing matters to attend to. Without a word you grip Marisa's hand and pull it away from her wound. She looks up in shock.

"It will not do to leave a wound untreated. Mighty men have died from lesser cuts as the demons of rot take root." Marisa turns away her head for a moment before giving you a slight nod of approval.

"Then lie still my fair, and be brave." You quickly unbutton her vest and shirt and pull them aside, revealing her bare shoulder. Marisa's face is suddenly red like a tomato, but she keeps her embarassment in check and allows you to examine her without complaints.

The cuts aren't terribly deep, but the bleeding could become serious if left untreated. You have to stop it somehow, and quick. It also would be good if she could rest for a while, but you suspect that it would be more dangerous to stay inside the border than to risk further bleeding. You have to get both of you away from here after you finish with the first aid.

________________________

Choose one option from column A, and one from column B.


[ ] Take off your shirt and rip it up into makeshift bandages.

[ ] Try to find some suitable moss and use it to stop the bleeding.

[ ] Epic first aid maneuver using materials found in a monster-infested forest (write-in)

+

[ ] Let her walk on her own. You shouldn't hurt her pride any further.

[ ] Let her walk, but support her with your arm.

[ ] Sweep her up in your arms and carry her the rest of the way.

>> No. 7580
[x] Take off your shirt and rip it up into makeshift bandages.
[x] Sweep her up in your arms and carry her the rest of the way.
>> No. 7582
>"Looks like I gotta try harder next time -ze." With those words, Marisa dumps the bottle of liquor in the bag and unceremoniously leaves the room. It seems as if you're tasked with the carrying again. Oh well, at least you got a bottle of booze for your trouble.

[x] Force a quarter of the bottle of alcohol down her throat to ease the pain; use the rest to wash the wound and disinfect it.
[x] Try to find some suitable moss and use it to stop the bleeding.
[x] Take off your shirt and rip it up into makeshift bandages.
[x] Try to find some willow bark for her to chew on.

All high proof liquor works as an antiseptic in a pinch. The sphagnum moss will prevent later infection and will staunch the bleeding, whereas applying a plain cloth bandage from our shirt would probably increase chances of infection. The wounds should be dressed with the moss first, then the bandages can be used to keep the dressings in place. Willow bark contains analogues of aspirin that share its NSAID properties; this will further reduce pain and more importantly will prevent traumatic fever.
>> No. 7583
[x] Force a quarter of the bottle of alcohol down her throat to ease the pain; use the rest to wash the wound and disinfect it.
[x] Try to find some suitable moss and use it to stop the bleeding.
[x] Take off your shirt and rip it up into makeshift bandages.
[x] Try to find some willow bark for her to chew on.
Hopefully Anon's medical knowledge is as sound as I think it is.
>> No. 7584
>>a quarter of the bottle of alcohol.
I would like to point out that forcing what I estimate is a little less than 200mL of strong spirits into a petite girl who is supposed to be helping us fight the most hax person in Gensokyo is a BAD idea. This should only be done if we are aborting mission and/or we are not planning on using her help.

I'll post a plan after I get off work.
>> No. 7585
>strong spirits into a petite girl who is supposed to be helping us fight the most hax person in Gensokyo is a BAD idea

Have you read the story? Marisa can hold her liquor just as well as Sigurd--but without the hangover.
>> No. 7590
>>7585
The point is that putting alcohol in an ally when you need her to focus on fighting is a bad idea. And if you are saying just give her enough to dull the pain but allow her to keep her concentration, I'm calling bullshit.
>> No. 7592
>>7590

She exhausted herself with a Final Spark and has been brought to tears by the pain from her injury. The girl is in no condition to fight, and we aren't either--not after losing our axe. Aborting the mission and attempting to go back will just bring us further into Mayohiga, so our visit will just have to be a bit more courteous than originally planned is all.
>> No. 7593
>>7592
Indeed. Hence why I said.
>>This should only be done if we are aborting mission and/or we are not planning on using her help.

Bah, I suppose this is what we get when the viking uses his head and plays it safe, instead of kicking reason to the curb.
>> No. 7597
And I'm off to sleep. Updates will commence tomorrow.
>> No. 7603
[+] Use some of the alcohol to wash the wound and disinfect it. Warn her that it'll sting like Surtur's fire.
[+] Try to find some suitable moss and use it to stop the bleeding.
[+] Take off your shirt and rip it up into makeshift bandages and a sling.
[+] Try to find some willow bark for her to chew on.

Modified, because alcohol has blood-thinning properties that can inhibit proper clotting. Drinking some with an open wound? Not a good idea at all.

The willow-bark aspirin is mild, but it should do. Besides, she's a tough girl.

Also, a sling for that arm would be an excellent idea. The less it moves around, the better it's likely to heal. She can still cast and Spark with the other arm just fine.
>> No. 7605
>>7603

That's an effect of chronic alcohol consumption. Acute dosing does the opposite, activates platelet aggregation by inducing thromboxane. Chronically, this leads to a long-term compensatory upregulation of various fibrinolytic pathways, resulting in a net decrease of clotting.

tl;dr: acute ethanol administration doesn't increase bleeding risk
>> No. 7606
[+] Use some of the alcohol to wash the wound and disinfect it. Warn her that it'll sting like Surtur's fire.
[+] Try to find some suitable moss and use it to stop the bleeding.
[+] Take off your shirt and rip it up into makeshift bandages and a sling.
[+] Try to find some willow bark for her to chew on.

COMPLAIN NOW, DOUJIN
>> No. 7608
File 121884694629.jpg - (124.40KB , 437x640 , 1203031695517.jpg ) [iqdb]
7608
>>7606
The gas prices of America and the world in general are grossly inflated due to greedy middlemen using government reports as self fullfilling prophecies in order to price gauge the consumers.

Also you're a faggot.

There, I complained. At least you aren't being as retard now, since you aren't boozing Marisa. And now I am unfortunately to drunk on vodka to use my medical knowledge. Offhandedly I do think that leaving a wounded person alone to go scout for questionable moss might be bad idea though.

I'm surprised no one said to lick the wound in order to sterilize it. Scorn would be all over that like Remi on a period.
>> No. 7609
[ ] Try to find some suitable moss and use it to stop the bleeding.
[ ] Sweep her up in your arms and carry her the rest of the way.

BE AWESOME IN EVERYTHING YOU DO
>> No. 7612
>And now I am unfortunately to drunk on vodka to use my medical knowledge.

Yeah okay Dr. Opinionated, put down the bottle and cite some pubmed abstracts next time you want to talk "medicine".

>Offhandedly I do think that leaving a wounded person alone to go scout for questionable moss might be bad idea though.

You spit on your Viking ancestors' wisdom.
>> No. 7613
>>7608
You are a useless excuse for a human being, and no i am not the guy above.

I will wait until you sober up and bring us an awesome write in with your superior knowledge..... lol.
>> No. 7621
[ ] Try to find some suitable moss and use it to stop the bleeding.
[ ] Sweep her up in your arms and carry her the rest of the way.

I'm not putting moss that could be infested with whateverthefuck on Marisa's open wound
>> No. 7622
[X] Use some of the alcohol to wash the wound and disinfect it. Warn her that it'll sting like Surtur's fire.
[X] Try to find some suitable moss and use it to stop the bleeding.
[X] Take off your shirt and rip it up into makeshift bandages and a sling.
[X] Try to find some willow bark for her to chew on.
>> No. 7623
>>7621
Did you vote wrong, then?
>> No. 7624
Unfortunately I don't have time to write right now. I will be back and writing in about four to five hours. Voting's open until then.
>> No. 7625
That big write-in and carrying Marisa won.

Not boozing her up also seems to have more votes, so I'll run with that.

Anyway, writan tiem.
>> No. 7626
>>7608
>Scorn would be all over that like Remi on a period.
I think Scorn would be all over THAT, too. I imagine it'd be either:

1) Remi eating Sakuya out (bonus points for working in Sakuya's name with the whole 'cycles of the moon' euphemism for periods), or

2) Better yet, Remilia engaging in autocunnilingus, except that she likely doesn't have periods anymore.
>> No. 7627
>>7593

Well, not necessarily. I won't punish Anonymous for making reasonable choices, but what Sigurd would consider reasonable isn't always what a modern man would consider reasonable.

Of course there are a few exceptions, but then again there has to be in order to make the story interesting.


I also like the fact that Anonymous actually remembered that bottle of booze. It feels nice to work in small details like that when Anon actually takes advantage of them.

And I can reveal that smart choices do tend to carry rewards.

But I'm talking to much. Now back to your regular Viking adventure.
________________________

[ ] Use some of the alcohol to wash the wound and disinfect it. Warn her that it'll sting like Surtur's fire.
[ ] Try to find some suitable moss and use it to stop the bleeding.
[ ] Take off your shirt and rip it up into makeshift bandages and a sling.
[ ] Try to find some willow bark for her to chew on.

+

[ ] Sweep her up in your arms and carry her the rest of the way.


You stop and think for a few seconds. What do you have to work with? The answer is all around you. This is a forest, not very unlike the ones in your homeland. Everything you would need probably is out there somewhere. Ignoring the twin nuisances of 'probably' and 'somewhere', you decide to forage for medical supplies. Turning back you attention to Marisa you calmly inform her of this.

"Fair friend, wait for me but a few minutes. Herbs of healing shall I bring." Marisa nods and grabs her shoulder again to slow the bleeding. You spy around you in search of anything useful

In a stroke of luck you find a patch of peat moss. Excellent, that will certainly aid in stopping the bleeding. You carefully pull up enough moss, and then a bit more to be in the safe side. Next you move over to a large willow tree and use your dagger to cut off a chunk of bark. You can't see anything else that would be of use, so you return to the wounded witch.

You kneel down next to her and give her the bark. While you prepare the moss you tell her to chew on the willow. She obediantly does so while you think about how to clean the would. Then you remember something. Didn't you bring along that bottle of booze? You open your pack and pull it out.

"This will sting like Surtur's fire," you warn as you unscrew the bottle. "But fire cleanses as well." While you try to reassure the young witch you carefully clean a small patch of moss from dirt and grime then pour the alcohol over it. You take a swig from the bottle to steady your hands and start your work.

Your free hand hand seizes Marisa's wounded shoulder gently but firmly and hold it still while you wash the wound clean. She moans in pain and bites down hard on the bark. You keep her from moving too much and then take the clean moss and apply it as a makeshift bloodstopper.

Then you pull off your shirt. While it's both torn and dirty it will serve for your purposes. A couple of tugs later the garment has transformed into suitable bandages which you use to fasten the clumps of moss against Marisa's shoulder. The leftover cloth is easily fashioned into a makeshift sling for her arm. You button up her shirt and vest and tie on the sling. Examining your work you'd judge it to be pretty good considering the circumstances. You screw on the cork and toss the booze back in your bag.

Marisa is breathing steadily now, apparently she has pulled herself together after her ordeal. A strong woman indeed, she would surely make a fine wife one day... wait, why are you thinking about such matters now? You should concentrate on getting the hell out of here, not speculating about future romantic escapades.

You strap your shield to your back and toss the supply packs back over your shoulder. Then you stoop down and sweep up Marisa in your arms. She makes a small yelp in surprise and looks up at you in shock. With her eyes wide open, the slight blush on her pale features and her confused expression she is almost criminally adorable.

"Eeehh? What'cha doing -ze?" Her voice is unsteady and near panic. You look down at her with an expression of perfect calm, like the surface of the still ocean.

"The wise man stays not in perilous land when wounded and weary. Nor will he overly tax his strenght when harm has found him." The witch looks down as you speak but doesn't protest futher. You walk into the woods while holding Marisa against your bare chest. For a long while you walk in silence, cradling the brave black-white in your arms like one might do with a small girl.

You don't know when the mist and shadows begin to part, but before you know it you're walking on a small path that twists and turns as the forest slowly grows brighter and brighter. Suddenly a shower of sunlight bursts from the treetops illuminating small patches of ground. The air is somehow clearer, the colours more vibrant as you approach the end of these damnable woods of fell sorcery and hidden danger.

Marisa looks up as you step past the last trees. The two of you gaze out over a large plain and finally behold the village of apparitions. You have never seen such strange architecture in your life, not even in the white stone cities of Särkland. You observe silently for a long while until an impatient voice drags you back to the present.

"Hey hey Sigurd, what'cha standing there for -ze?" You look down at the suddenly vigorous black-white. "We can't stop here, this is Youkai country -ze! We hafta hide and wait for Alice's signal."

You're somewhat surprised at her dedication. Sticking to the plan now would carry risks with it. You're no healer, and your attempt at first aid was improvised to say the least. It would be prudent to seek aid in the village. But will you recieve aid in a foeman's halls? Impossible to say.

In any case you must decide. Marisa already looks mighty impatient at your vacillation. "Come on, I've had worse. No need to worry about me, I'm tougher than I look -ze."


[ ] Stick to the plan. Marisa probably knows best.

[ ] The plan be damned. Enter the village and seek medical assistance.

[ ] Leave Marisa somewhere safe, then sneak into the village and steal some medical supplies.
>> No. 7628
[ ] The plan be damned. Sneak into the village and steal some medical supplies.
>> No. 7629
[x] Stick to the plan. Marisa probably knows best.
>> No. 7630
[x] Stick to the plan. Marisa probably knows best.
>> No. 7631
[x] Stick to the plan. Marisa probably knows best.

Don't want to bruise Marisa's ego more than it is already. At least play along until things become dangerous.
>> No. 7632
[x] Stick to the plan. Marisa probably knows best.
Until shit hits the fan, of course.
>> No. 7637
First I would just like to apologize to Norseman for his thread being dirtied by a sad internet fight.

>>7612
>>7613
And here we go.

It’s unfortunate that I could not reply last night, but I was busy drinking and watching “The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension” with my friends and brothers. And today we went to the pool had a cookout. So now I’m back and might as well deliver to prove my word and knowledge.

As I flip through my copy of Tissue Biomaterial Interaction (2002) written by Dr Dee Kay while she taught at the Tulane University Department of Biomedical Engineering in New Orleans, Louisiana before coming to my college of Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, the #1 undergraduate engineering school in the nation for 9 years thus far, I’ve become rather nostalgic. The countless hours I have spent with Dr Dee in and out of class at Rose before graduating truly are cherished memories. So while I am opposed to feeding trolls by even replying to their comments, it has also brought back some happy memories. Normally I wouldn’t even bother with a response, but I’m a big proponent for spreading knowledge.

The platelet aggregation is great if you want to increase the rate that platelets bind, but it’s more or less irrelevant in this case. I have not heard of the effects of short term alcohol dosage on TXA2, however long term sounds rather similar to asprin’s. Alcohol in general is indeed a blood thinner and vasodilator as a previous Anon pointed it, which hinders coagulation. If you are worried about congestive heart failure then enjoy your daily glass of red wine. However, if you are bleeding profusely then alcohol is the last thing you want. I question the effects of alcohol on thromboxane, however the dosage level you would need for a significant increase in platelet aggression are probably very high. The more immediate affect alcohol would have is prevent the activation of Factor VII, a coagulation factor in the extrinsic pathway which along with calcium and tissue thromboplastin, converts Factor X into this active form Factor Xa. Factor Xa is the most important coagulation factor in the entire coagulation cascade, both intrinsic (reaction from a foreign surface, such as an implant) or extrinsic (tissue trauma). Without it, the fibrin threads which the platelets adhere to won’t even be present. This is why ingesting alcohol when bleeding is a bad idea, especially giving it to a girl who apparently drinks on par with a Viking.

Having been a lifeguard, I know that training for first responders is based on stabilizing the patient and buying time until an EMS arrives. This would consist of applying pressure to the wound and elevating it above her heart, while keeping her from going into shock. From Norseman’s description, it did not sound like brachial artery was opened (which would be hard anyways considering it runs along the bottom of the shoulder by the armpit) and I doubt the basilic vein was harmed since it runs underneath a fair around of muscle at the shoulder (but it’s far more likely). Assuming neither is ruptured, blood loss would be relatively small so I doubt she would lose 1/5 of her blood volume (which would trigger hypovolemic shock.) There would be more than enough time to transport her to Eientei or anywhere else suited to help her if critical care was needed. Sterilize, apply constant pressure, and elevate are all he can and should do.

tl;dr. I have a degree in Biomedical Engineering (as well as a minor in Biology) from an extremely prestigious college, biocompatibility and coagulation are a specific research interest of mine, I am a trained first responder, and I just supported my claims.

>> No. 7638
>>7637

Fuck, you're awesome. And I here was thinking you were just another guy.

And no, I'm not one of the two. Since I still haven't finished thread 04, I haven't read anything yet. But gigantic spoiler tagged posts tend to draw attention to tehm.
>> No. 7640
>>7637
Expert tripfag is expert. Well done!
>> No. 7643
>>7637
Should have done that a lot earlier.
>> No. 7644
>The platelet aggregation is great if you want to increase the rate that platelets bind, but it’s more or less irrelevant in this case.

TXA2 also directly stimulates platelet activation, not just their aggregation. And no it isn't irrelevant, or aspirin wouldn't be a bleeding risk.

>I have not heard of the effects of short term alcohol dosage on TXA2, however long term sounds rather similar to asprin’s.

Sort of. Aspirin's action is through preventing synthesis of thromboxane by irreversibly inhibiting the COX-1 enzyme: Less thromboxane A2 leads to a reduction in platelet activation and aggregation. This is opposite of alcohol's acute effects. Alcohol's long-term fibrinolytic effect on the other hand is largely through preventing fibrin synthesis by downregulating production of its precursor (fibrinogen) in the liver.

>Alcohol in general is indeed a blood thinner and vasodilator as a previous Anon pointed it, which hinders coagulation. If you are worried about congestive heart failure then enjoy your daily glass of red wine. However, if you are bleeding profusely then alcohol is the last thing you want.

Alcohol has a pressor effect with acute dosing. It causes cutaneous vasodilation (reddening), but it is a directly-acting vasoconstrictor in the peripheral arteries.

http://hyper.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/8/7/625

>I question the effects of alcohol on thromboxane, however the dosage level you would need for a significant increase in platelet aggression are probably very high.

Not really. 1g ethanol per kg of body weight is pretty weaksauce.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3966261

>The more immediate affect alcohol would have is prevent the activation of Factor VII, a coagulation factor in the extrinsic pathway which along with calcium and tissue thromboplastin, converts Factor X into this active form Factor Xa. Factor Xa is the most important coagulation factor in the entire coagulation cascade, both intrinsic (reaction from a foreign surface, such as an implant) or extrinsic (tissue trauma). Without it, the fibrin threads which the platelets adhere to won’t even be present. This is why ingesting alcohol when bleeding is a bad idea, especially giving it to a girl who apparently drinks on par with a Viking.

Except that's a long-term effect of exposure to high levels of acetaldehyde, alcohol's (largely toxic) metabolite through alcohol dehydrogenase, which induces a conformational change in various coagulant factors, not just VII. It is not an effect of acute alcohol consumption.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10630514
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17436086
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8949947

Acute alcohol consumption is only a bleeding risk if you're taking Warfarin. It also increases the risk of upper GI bleeding, but that's another matter entirely.

>tl;dr. I have a degree in Biomedical Engineering (as well as a minor in Biology) from an extremely prestigious college, biocompatibility and coagulation are a specific research interest of mine, I am a trained first responder, and I just supported my claims.

tl;dr: But you're not the only pharmacologist on these forums, so yeah!
>> No. 7647
>>7644
I'm not a pharmacologist, just a biologist/engineer. My knowledge is focused on biocompatibility of implants (intrinsic pathway) and tissue engineering, with a dash of mechanical and electrical engineering on the side. I'll leave chemistry to you (I've only taken up through Organic). Where'd you graduate from?

While I'm not going to go out of my way to give a bleeding person booze, this concept is pretty interesting and worth looking into, so thanks for the info! Part of me is skeptical, since it strikes me that such a trick would be common practice. "Change one thing, disrupt 5 other" is the rule of thumb when it comes to chemical alterations in the body, so I'll be interesting in seeing the clinical trial data. I'll check out the links tomorrow. Any scientist worth his or her salt knows that journal articles don't mean anything unless they have been torn apart by other experts, so cautious skepticism is best when reviewing.

TouhouProject. Where educated people come to read stories about little magical girls
>> No. 7649
>"We can't stop here, this is Youkai country -ze! We hafta hide and wait for Alice's signal."

This is Bat Country! BONK. NEED A DISPENSER HERE.

[ x ] Stick to the plan. Marisa probably knows best.
>> No. 7651
/forest/ - Vikings, pharmacology and biology/engineer
>> No. 7652
>Part of me is skeptical, since it strikes me that such a trick would be common practice.

Well, it's been used for its analgesic properties (as a dissociative anesthetic) for millennia, but ketamine is more effective for this purpose now. The pressor effect on bleeding in a real life situation is going to nominal, where the sympathetic dominance will dwarf the effects of everything else. Similarly, the pure vasoconstricting drugs are not seen as useful in severe hemorrhaging as the involved adrenoceptors reach saturation.

>Change one thing, disrupt 5 other" is the rule of thumb when it comes to chemical alterations in the body, so I'll be interesting in seeing the clinical trial data.

You can't patent alcohol, which is why you won't find any clinical trials for using alcohol therapeutically, even though it can be life-saving in some circumstances (ethylene glycol poisoning, status epilepticus in delirium tremens). It's all profits & politics.

>Any scientist worth his or her salt knows that journal articles don't mean anything unless they have been torn apart by other experts, so cautious skepticism is best when reviewing.

Of course. That's why we use peer-reviewed sources.
>> No. 7653
Heh, medical debate in my thread?

And sticking to the plan obviously won. I'll get to writing in about half an hour or so.
>> No. 7654
>tl;dr. I have a degree in Biomedical Engineering (as well as a minor in Biology) from an extremely prestigious college, biocompatibility and coagulation are a specific research interest of mine, I am a trained first responder, and I just supported my claims.
>tl;dr: But you're not the only pharmacologist on these forums, so yeah!
>TouhouProject. Where educated people come to read stories about little magical girls

awesome.jpg

>tl;dr: But you're not the only pharmacologist on these forums, so yeah!
>forums

No.
>> No. 7655
Back and writing.
>> No. 7656
File 121898637419.jpg - (221.14KB , 600x550 , 20620d5e.jpg ) [iqdb]
7656
There will probably be another update or two today depending on how fast I get votes. And without further ado, back to the story.

_____________________

[ ] Stick to the plan. Marisa probably knows best


Though it could be dangerous, Marisa probably knows best. It would certainly be more dangerous to rely on the charity of your enemy. But where should you hide? You suddenly feel Marisa tapping your chest to get your attention. She points at something in the distance and looks at you with an slightly annoyed look.

"Over there." Your gaze turns in the direction of her finger and notice a low hill overlooking the village. Turning your head back to the black-white witch you signal your approval with a small nod, then step back into the shelter of the forest.

You work your way through the cover of the woods, careful to stay out of sight from any potential observers in the village. Though they shouldn't be able to see you from this distance a bit of caution is warranted. Who knows what eagle-eyed watchers the dark demon of the borderlands might employ? Conscious of this fact you decide to round the hill to be on the safe side.

Finally you reach the far side of the hill and carefully ascend the gentle slope. You pick a sheltered spot just before the crest of the hill and gently set down Marisa so she can lean against a fallen tree trunk. You don't know if it's your vanity is playing tricks on you, but you could swear that she looks a bit disappointed as you withdraw your arms. You lower the supply bags to the ground and sit down in front of the witch.

"What now, O wise warlord?" Indeed, what now? You've understood the plan so far, but you're a bit uncertain how exactly you'll be able to communicate with Alice.

"Easy. Toss me that bag willja -ze?" Marisa spends a few minutes searching through her bag of odd stuff. Finally she produces a small green object of strange design. It's made of some shiny and smooth material, adorned by strange buttons and a odd metal pole sticking out from the top. Marisa grins happily as she starts explaining.

"See these? I got two of 'em from Kourin. You can use them to talk with people far away, and Alice has the other one. We just hafta wait until she calls -ze." More strange magic then? And who is this 'Kourin'? A wizard of some sort? As you ponder these questions Marisa fiddles with the strange contraption. Then she suddenly turns back to you and speaks.

"Hey Sigurd, since we have a bit of free time I wanted to ask you something -ze." She suddenly sounds... cautious somehow. Yet there's an umistakable hint of genuine curiosity in her voice.

"How come you can fly? Normally only Youkai and magic users can do that." You must admit that it's a good question, despite the fact that you're quite taken aback by her sudden inquiry. There must be some reason why, right?


[ ] You *know* why. It's because... (epic write-in)

[ ] Try to come up with an explanation (write-in)

[ ] Tell her you've got no idea.

-----------------

And a little explanation about the options. Epic write-in means that you're certain of your answer. If you get it right there will be pretty major changes to the story. But if you answer wrong there will be certain penalties down the line.

Other options are regular fare, and carry no special penalties or rewards outside the norm.
>> No. 7657
[ x ] Tell her you've got no idea.

>Epic write-in means that you're certain of your answer. If you get it right there will be pretty major changes to the story. But if you answer wrong there will be certain penalties down the line.

Sounding like Kira there. Course not to say we'll make a good enough write-in, or its already rigged against us if we choose said option.
>> No. 7658
>>7657

Nah, it's not rigged in any way. The penalty merely reflects the fact that believing in something that turns out to be false can come back and bite you in the ass.

Which basically is why I told you not to pick that choice unless you're certain you're correct.
>> No. 7660
[ ] Tell her you've got no idea.
>> No. 7661
[x] You *know* why. It's because the woman you stride for to defeat is the very person who gave you such power. She has been toying with you this whole time, a manipulator occasionally tugging at a marionette's strings. She thinks herself the Norns, making Gensokyo her own Yggdrasil and spinning your fate at it's base. And though it has been beyond a joyful experience, too long have you hung like Odin from this World Tree, seeking runes and knowledge. But unlike the wise one, you mistook their shape and saw only revenge.

Is a bound man truly be happy? Your viking spirit cries out no, but the past few days in this wonderland begs to differ.
>> No. 7663
[ ] You *know* why. It's because the Allfather guides your arms towards your enemies and bless your shields from theirs. Glory and honor comes for the sons of Odin, mighty warriors they are.

Faith is important in Gensokyo, is it not? Belief is what created the youkais, and from faith the Gods draw their powers. Until now we have not doubted even once, of Odin's greatness.
>> No. 7664
[x] You *know* why. It's because the woman you stride for to defeat is the very person who gave you such power. She has been toying with you this whole time, a manipulator occasionally tugging at a marionette's strings. She thinks herself the Norns, making Gensokyo her own Yggdrasil and spinning your fate at it's base.

Chopped for brevity and because the last part implies Sigurd wants to leave. Making a claim that he wants to be independent from the powerful doesn't really mesh with the fatalistic tone in viking myth (fulfilled prophecies, Ragnarök, cats & dogs living together).

The explanation itself makes sense, though. Yukari is so powerful a being that she literally defines what is and what isn't Gensokyo through manipulation of the barrier--the power at face value is unbounded. We know that youkai belief is stronger than human belief from MoF, and we how much a strong youkai's faith can change reality in Gensokyo through SSiB. Victory is not so much as winning against Yukari as it is making Yukari (and others) want Sigurd to win, and because of this belief he will in the end.
>> No. 7666
[+] Tell her you've got no idea.

optional addition:
[+] "But were I to dare a guess, it would be that the Allfather's hand has a role in my magnified might."
>> No. 7667
Writefag is going to sleep now. I'll return with writan gaems tomorrow morning.

And interesting theories BTW.
>> No. 7670
[x] You *know* why. It's because the woman you stride for to defeat is the very person who gave you such power. She has been toying with you this whole time, a manipulator occasionally tugging at a marionette's strings. She thinks herself the Norns, making Gensokyo her own Yggdrasil and spinning your fate at it's base. And though it has been beyond a joyful experience, too long have you hung like Odin from this World Tree, seeking runes and knowledge. But unlike the wise one, you mistook their shape and saw only revenge.
>> No. 7671
A skald could be expected to use this kind of explanatory style, imagining himself the protagonist of a saga still being penned by Yukari.

tl;dr: Yukari is Drosselmeyer

[x] You *know* why. It's because the woman you stride for to defeat is the very person who gave you such power. She has been toying with you this whole time, a manipulator occasionally tugging at a marionette's strings. She thinks herself the Norns, making Gensokyo her own Yggdrasil and spinning your fate at it's base. And though it has been beyond a joyful experience, too long have you hung like Odin from this World Tree, seeking runes and knowledge. But unlike the wise one, you mistook their shape and saw only revenge.

One thing that is important to note is that Yukari does share a lot of important properties with Odin (ability to see into any place or timeline, powerful magic--considered a feminine trait, and crow familiars). Odin takes on female forms a number of times in Norse myth, even to the point of bearing children. Odin also uses disguises in myth to "test" humans for hubris, so Sigurd might be thinking along those lines.

BTW, did anyone note that Viking folklore has fox-girls, which Ran would be associated with in Sigurd's mind?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huldra
>> No. 7672
>And interesting theories BTW.

Yes, yes, interesting. Very interesting.

But are they right?
>> No. 7673
>>7672

Ah, now that is a good question. But if I told you it would take all the fun out of this, wouldn't it?


And we also seem to have reached an impasse for now. And here I was all ready to write and all.
>> No. 7674
>>7671
you've pursuaded me to change my vote

[x] You *know* why. It's because the woman you stride for to defeat is the very person who gave you such power. She has been toying with you this whole time, a manipulator occasionally tugging at a marionette's strings. She thinks herself the Norns, making Gensokyo her own Yggdrasil and spinning your fate at it's base. And though it has been beyond a joyful experience, too long have you hung like Odin from this World Tree, seeking runes and knowledge. But unlike the wise one, you mistook their shape and saw only revenge.
>> No. 7676
Gentlemen, I am back and writing.
>> No. 7677
File 121907052452.gif - (28.00KB , 150x103 , 1175387773735.gif ) [iqdb]
7677
>>7676
>> No. 7679
>>7676
Prepare for impact. If we are wrong, i can at least blame it all on Doujin.
>> No. 7680
>>7679
Oh come now, do you really think I would intentionally mislead everyone into a Bad End?

:)
>> No. 7681
>>7676

hooray.jpg
>> No. 7682
File 121908239796.jpg - (62.76KB , 560x522 , 1717923d.jpg ) [iqdb]
7682
[ ] You *know* why. It's because the woman you stride for to defeat is the very person who gave you such power. She has been toying with you this whole time, a manipulator occasionally tugging at a marionette's strings. She thinks herself the Norns, making Gensokyo her own Yggdrasil and spinning your fate at it's base. And though it has been beyond a joyful experience, too long have you hung like Odin from this World Tree, seeking runes and knowledge. But unlike the wise one, you mistook their shape and saw only revenge.


Yes, the weave of fate does not deal with chance and coincidence. The truth is suddenly as obvious as it is grim. Yukari... she brought you here. She wouldn't have done it without a purpose.

Damn it all, it must be her! She has pulled you all the way here, directing your every move like as if you were her puppet. That woman must be laughing at you from the shadows while she plays games with her pawns. Dark fires ignite in the recesses of your mind, demanding blood and vengeance.

"Hey Sigurd, why the scary face -ze?" Marisa's voice carries a mixture of confusion and concern. You suddenly realize that your entire body is trembling with anger. Expending a great deal of willpower you force it back and calm your mind. Anger isn't productive. For now.

"I *know* why this power is mine. A fool have I been, and blind like Hönir." You shake your head at your own stupidity. "Who but the dark demon herself could change a man so? It was Yukari."

Marisa looks a bit skeptical at your explanation, which doesn't help your efforts to keep your temper in check. But no, she isn't the one to blame. You force yourself to continue speaking.

"She spins a web of wicked lies and wishes to weave the theads of destiny like the grey sisters." Maybe it's just your imagination playing tricks on you, but you think you can hear soft laughter in the depths of your mind as you speak. You're trembling with suppressed rage at this point, uncertain if you can continue speaking at all. Every instinct demands action and vengeance. The dark thoughts nearly consume you when you feel a small hand on your shoulder. You look up and see Marisa's face.

"Take it easy Sigurd. You don't hafta get mad over little things." The black-white witch then sits down next to you and cocks her head while frowning thoughtfully. "You sure you're not jumping at shadows here? It does sound like something Yukari could do, but are you certain?"

"This I *know*." Your voice softens somewhat. "Dark designs and twisted tricks have seized me, like when the fury of Aegir casts a longship adrift. Joy and sorrow have I felt in this land, but blind I was to the spear of lies fixing me to the ash tree of her creation." You cannot bear to speak anymore. The anger you feel against Yukari is merely a shadow. The true fool here is you, who couldn't recognize a simple trap like this until you walked into it. And now you've dragged in Marisa and Alice into this twisted game. Your gaze falls as you feel the ice-cold spikes of doubt assailing your mind.

Then you hear the ominous laugh of unmistakable malice and ill intent. You look back up in surprise and find Marisa grinning wickedly at some private joke, which she immediately shares with you.

"Hey, to find out the truth I guess I hafta catch Yukari and... interrogate her. Don't worry, I know how to make 'em squeal -ze." She winks at you, to all intents looking like the very epitome of self-confidence, despite her pale face and bandaged shoulder.

It takes a few moments for Marisa's words to sink in. Then you suddenly see the funny side of this situation, and with that your confidence returns as well. For even if it is by Yukari's hand that you've been brought here, nothing has changed. Now that you know of her schemes she cannot trick you, and the powers you've gained will only serve to seal her doom. You throw you head back and laugh heartily at the irony of it all.

"A truth she speaks, the wise witch. In victory shall we seek verity and vengeance." For it is said that even the Allfather must obey the thread of fate. No petty schemer can twist the weave of the three sisters for her own ends, and that is a lesson you shall teach the lady of all borders. The anger is now gone, replaced with a strange eagerness. It's almost as if something is demanding you to act now, something insistent in the extreme. Of maybe it's only your own impatience pulling tricks on you.

The only snag in this plan would be the other plan. Alice still hasn't called you. You know that it is uncertain exactly when Yukari will leave the village, but you still feel extremely restless. Maybe you should go and uproot a tree or something?

Marisa somehow seems even more impatient that you do. She's twiddling her thumbs and whistling on some tune that's unfamliar to you. Her face is a study in exquisite boredom. After half an hour or so of waiting she turns to you.

"Heeey Sigurd, this is lame -ze. I wanna go shoot something up." She sounds not entirely unlike a bored child as she complains. "You said earlier that Yukari knows we're here, doesn't she? So is there any point in waiting -ze?" You hadn't considered that angle. Would Yukari even leave her home if she knows you're coming?


[ ] Stick to the plan. Yukari must leave eventually.

[ ] Stick to the plan, but sneak up on the hill and take a better look at the village.

[ ] The plan be damned. Sneak into the village and try to ambush Yukari.

[ ] The plan be damned. Walk openly into the village and find Yukari.

[ ] The plan be damned. Charge into the village howling for blood.

[ ] Do something clever and unexpected (write-in)
>> No. 7684
[ ] Do something clever and unexpected (write-in)
[ ] Call out to Yukari.

BORDER NINJAS

[X] The plan be damned. Walk openly into the village and find Yukari.

This is my vote. Note the X in it.
>> No. 7685
[x] Ask Marisa what the signal was.
[x] Stick to the plan, but sneak up on the hill and take a better look at the village.
[x] Inventory.

Reconnoiteran gaems.

What weapons did we have other than our (now lost) axe?
>> No. 7687
[x] Do something clever and unexpected: Leave Gensokyo altogether, in order to throw a wrench in whatever plans Yukari has in store for you.

awesome.png
>> No. 7688
[x] The plan be damned. Charge into the village howling for blood.

LIKE A TRUE VIKING, but with an awesome War Cry.
>> No. 7689
[ ] Stick to the plan, but sneak up on the hill and take a better look at the village.

we lost our best weapon, it'd be bad to rush into the village without our axe
>> No. 7691
>>7685

You have a pair of daggers, a shield and VIKING SPIRIT.

And I'm off to sleep BTW. Moar update tomorrow.
>> No. 7692
File 121909960523.jpg - (132.00KB , 720x480 , 1179933292372.jpg ) [iqdb]
7692
>>7691
Sleep tight.
>> No. 7693
>>7680
YES, you would.
You are evil to the core
>> No. 7697
[x] Stick to the plan, but sneak up on the hill and take a better look at the village.

WE REQUIRE MORE VOTESPENE GAS
>> No. 7698
>>7682
>She thinks herself the Norns
You know, aafter thinking along this line for a moment, I remembered an idea I had when I saw the Yukari/crows bit mentioned: The Yakumo family IS a triptych.

Maiden: Chen
Mother: Ran
Crone: Yukari
>> No. 7699
Yukari Route is true end?
Sigurd and Yukari,strongest in Gensokyo.
>> No. 7701
[X] Let vengeance be your guide, and with a mighty roar worthy of the Allfather, flatten the village with your voice.

lol, not going to happen, but I can dream about it.

But srsly,

[X] Stick to the plan, but sneak up on the hill and take a better look at the village.
>> No. 7702
This is the most educational thread ever! I've learned a little norse mythology and a lot about the medical appilication of booze!


[ ] The plan be damned. Walk openly into the village and find Yukari.

Either Yukari expects this and sends out something to oppose Sigurd, which he can easily overcome, or she doesn't see it coming and we catch her off guard. My point is that if Yukari wants to twist around like a snake until we're caught in her coils, let's just run down her throat and give her spleen one hell of a kicking instead.

Also, Norseman you're doing great. Really enjoying it here.
>> No. 7709
Well, I'mma call the vote now. Sticking to the plan & sneakan gaems won. Expect something within the hour.
>> No. 7719
Writing doesn't flow right now. Will continue tomorrow.
>> No. 7751
>>7719
>Writing doesn't flow right now. Will continue tomorrow.

How about the day after tomorrow?
>> No. 7767
>>7751

Hey, that's my niche.
>> No. 7768
>>7751

Oh it did. The writing that is. And the day after that as well, which would be today.

In other words, I'm struggling a bit with this particular update. Or to be really honest I've rewritten the thing about three times by now, and I'm still not satisfied.

But fear not O honoured gentlefolk, because I should manage to finish the damn thing sometime today. But I am rambling when I really should get back to work.
>> No. 7769
>>7768
Update only when you are 100% happy with it, we want Quality not QUALITY
>> No. 7770
So there you have it. This shit took far too long to write, and I really don't know why. But on the bright side it's done now, and I might even have time to do another update tonight.

______________________________

[ ] Stick to the plan, but sneak up on the hill and take a better look at the village


Thoughts swirl through your mind in an endless, chaotic dance. Far too many ifs and maybes are now on the table, miring any attempt at decisionmaking in a swamp of clouded possibilities. No, the best thing to do is to stick to the plan. At this stage it certainly is no worse than any other possible course of action. You turn your attention back to the black-white witch, who is looking rather expectantly at you.

"Unwise would we be straying from our plan, like dragon-headed sea-steed sailing unknown waters without chart or guide." The fire in Marisa's eyes visibly dims as you speak.

"Yeah, yeah. I know -ze..." She sighs wistfully and looks down. "But it doesn't feel right waitin' like this. I wanna do something at least." You can't help but to agree with her. Isn't there anything constructive you could do? Maybe there is.

"At every door-way wise man enters he should spy around, for seldom knowledge leads astray, but lack of learning leads a fool to his fate. Should we not spy in secret at veiled village, seeking wisdom and wit as the High One once did at Mimir's well?" Marisa perks up at your suggestion, obviously happy to have something constructive to do.

"Yeah, let's do it -ze." You rise and offer your hand to Marisa to help her up. She takes it with a smile and lets you pull her upright. The two of you then start creeping up towards the summit. You lie down and crawl as you approach the crest of the hill, finally taking up a kneeling position behind a small shrubbery. Marisa follows you, gliding in a strange hovering crouch a few inches above the ground. She gently slides down beside you on the hilltop. From here you have an excellent view over the apparitional village of Mayohiga.

From your personal experience you would expect to see villagers going about their business. Even in this strange land there should be craftsmen and merchants hawking their wares. There should be farmers coming to do business and domestic animals milling in the streets. But this is no regular village. You detect no sound nor sight of the normal hustle and bustle of a countryside settlement. The empty streets and unnatural silence conjure disturbing thoughts in your mind. You have spied upon many villages during your travels in foreign lands, but this is the first time you've felt unnerved by its mere appearance.

"Kinda creepy, huh?" Marisa whispers in your ear. "Last time I was here there were fairies and stuff though. Wonder where they went?"

For a long while you see nothing of importance. The buildings are certainly strange, and the layout of the streets is strangely disordered, as if whoever built the place was more concerned with some mysterious aesthetic ideal rather than pure practicality. But other than that, nothing. You remember that an old greybeard once told you that scouting an enemy fortress is more about watching the people than the fortifications. Now you understand what he meant. You can't tell what's inside the houses, you can't tell which of them are homes and which are public buildings. All the small details that a careful observer could glean from watching the daily lives of the inhabitants are lost to you. You don't even know if there are any people living here other than Yukari, and of her there is no sign.

Then something catches you attention. It is very slight but unmistakably there is some movement among the buildings. It is... a cat? No, several cats. You can't see exactly how many there are, but at least half a dozen of them. How odd. You tap Marisa on her shoulder and point out the feline pack. She visibly sharpens her concentration as she notices the animals, watching with dagger-sharp eyes.

Then something even stranger appears from inside one of the houses. It's too far to make out all the details, but it appears to be a girl, from what you can tell about ten to twelve years old. Other than her red dress and green cap you note the fact that she has a pair of black tails. She appears to be playing with the pack of cats, playfully chasing the felines around. Marisa frowns and whispers a confirmaton to your suspicion.

"That's Chen. She's a total weakling. Not worth worrying about at..." Marisa's voice quickly trails off as another figure appears, this time one you recognize well. The white dress. That funny hat. The golden tails. You remember those as if it were yesterday. Yakumo Ran.

The fox-woman waves to Chen who suddenly stops her game. She then runs towards Ran and launches into some kind of leaping hug. The gold-tailed one catches the young cat-girl in a warm embrace and spins around on the spot with Chen in her arms. You marvel at the contrast between this motherly figure and the raging beast who once threatened to kill you.

Kill... yes, you must not let yourself forget that this woman is also your enemy, a steadfast servant of the dark demon you're hunting. No, despite her current kindly appearence it would be unwise to expect any pity or mercy from her. But that is immaterial, for now you have something to observe. Ran and Chen are now walking through the streets, finally entering a spacious house near the middle of the village. You note the building in question. When the time comes this knowledge may prove useful. It also seems as if Marisa has come to the same conclusion.

"Ran is tough -ze. But now we can get the jump on her." Marisa softly comments. You shoot a glance at the young witch who again has that really nasty grin on her face. There is something personal behind that, no doubt. You decide to inquire about this.

"Is the wily fox a fierce foeman of black-white witch? For a great grudge I sense, like the one of star-eyed Thiazi's daughter." Her face suddenly shifts into a more neutral expression as she searches for words.

"Erm, well, maybe a bit. She beat me once, and I've kinda wanted to get back at her -ze." She twirls a lock of hair around her finger as she speaks, trying to keep her voice flat though an unmistakable tinge of embarassment accompanies her words. Strange, why would she be embarrassed over such a thing? Is it not seemly and natural to wish for a worthy vengeance when one is wronged? But then again, maybe the people of Gensokyo view things differently than the sons of Odin do.

(cont)
>> No. 7771
Your pondering is interrupted by something quite unexpected, as an odd, strangely high-pitched sound reaches your ears. Marisa quickly pulls up that weird thing from earlier and turns a switch, causing Alice's clear voice to sound from the green box-like thing. You must confess that you were skeptical when Marisa explained the function of the box, but once again the strange magic of Gensokyo manages to surprise you.

"This is Alice. I've got visual contact with the target." Marisa flicks the switch back and responds.

"This is Marisa, hearin' you loud and clear -ze. Confirm location and ETA."

"Hakurei Shrine, looks like she'll be busy for an hour at least."

"Got it, setting up the beacon in a minute. Marisa out -ze." The black-white witch then flicks a second switch and the box falls silent. In a blur the black-white shoots back down the hill, leaving one baffled song-smith behind. You curse softly and follow her back to your makeshift encampment.

The first thing you see is Marisa seaching through one of the bags. The young witch pulls out a strange metal object, fiddles with it for a moment and then sets it down on the ground. She then pulls off her sling and slowly rolls her wounded shoulder. The brave black-white flinches slightly from the pain, but it looks like she can use the arm. You, on the other hand feel slightly stunned by this sudden flurry of activity, and you're not sure if you approve of Marisa taxing her strenght while wounded. The black-white one notices your skeptical expression and replies with a confident grin.

"Can't have little things slowin' me down when it's go time -ze. Let's do it!" Her enthusiasm is palpable and infectuous, waking your battlelust and hunger for glory.

The time is now. Time for action, time for vengeace, time for great deeds and noble battle. Inside your mind the familiar embers of rage flicker, ready for the wind of battle to fan it into an all-consuming blaze of power and madness. But at the same time something within advises caution, to strike with surprise and swiftness on your side. How then should you conduct your assault?


[ ] Show Marisa how battle supposed to be done and charge into the village howling for blood.

[ ] Sneak into the village and ambush your foes.

[ ] Calm down a bit. Suggest that you wait for Alice before doing anything.
>> No. 7772
[x] Show Marisa how battle supposed to be done and charge into the village howling for blood.

Damn right, VIKING. And it fits to Marisa too, she is like a VIKING.
>> No. 7773
[ ] Show Marisa how battle supposed to be done and charge into the village howling for blood.

SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND THUNDER
WHEN YOU SEE THE NINE-TAILED FOX
>> No. 7774
[x] Tell Marisa to rain down magic from the air and draw out Ran, while you sneak into the village and take Chen hostage.

Let's show Ran we mean business.
>> No. 7775
[x] Show Marisa how battle supposed to be done and charge into the village howling for blood.

NOTHING BUT WOMAN AND CHILDREN
>> No. 7777
[+] Sneak into the village and ambush your foes.
>> No. 7778
[x] Show Marisa how battle supposed to be done and charge into the village howling for blood.
>> No. 7779
[x] Show Marisa how battle supposed to be done and charge into the village howling for blood.
>> No. 7780
[♧] Tell Marisa to rain down magic from the air and draw out Ran, while you sneak into the village and take Chen hostage.
>> No. 7782
Too tired to write right now. Will do so tomorrow.
>> No. 7783
File 121944534327.jpg - (159.40KB , 450x600 , 121225753668.jpg ) [iqdb]
7783
[x] Show Marisa how battle supposed to be done and charge into the village howling for blood.
>> No. 7784
[x] Show Marisa how battle supposed to be done and charge into the village howling for blood.

I HAVE NO REGRETS.
>> No. 7785
Take Chen hostage is cowardly.
Killing Ran is a no, raping her should be done.
We need to go steal Touhou hats as spoils of war.
>> No. 7786
[x] Tell Marisa to rain down magic from the air and draw out Ran, while you sneak into the village and take Chen hostage.

If we're going to waylay and intimidate Yukari, capturing her servants is the only way of doing so.
>> No. 7787
SPLIT YOUR LUNGS-option won. Writing now.
>> No. 7788
>>7787
BJORN!
>> No. 7789
File 121951109669.png - (351.65KB , 500x500 , 1217816553989.png ) [iqdb]
7789
[ ] Show Marisa how battle supposed to be done and charge into the village howling for blood.


A strange calm seizes you as you collect your weapons, as the one that stills the ocean before the coming of Aegir sea-lord's wrath. Your mind somehow disconnects everything outside your immediate desire for glorious battle yet you maintain an unnatural clarity and focus.

You and Marisa ascend the hill again, quickly reaching the summit. The black-white witch turns to you and begins the explain some scheme of hers. You don't really pay attention, but somehow manage to note how she puffs up her cheeks in indignation as you completely ignore her. Her expression then shifts into a mix of shock and confusion as you calmly stride out from the cover of the vegetation.

The slope descends gently, and you walk down about halfway before stopping. A deep breath is drawn, and a roar rises to the heavens.

"Cast is the spear, war-bringer, widowmaker.
Forged by the sons of Ivaldi it was, wielded by the Warfather.

Called to battle are the sons of Odin, cries of war they sound.
Calling on the Watchful One to witness."

Your limbs twitch with barely restrained battlelust and your mind is a red haze of pent-up rage finally finding a path and purpose. You turn your head back towards the half-shocked half-awestruck Marisa and call for her to follow your glorious lead.

"Come O noble one, for today we shall find only victory." The black-white witch suddenly seems to find inspiration in your example and gives you a cheeky grin.

"It's on! Last one to beat someone up is a ⑨" With this cryptic comment she zooms down the hill while cackling madly. So she thinks she can upstage you?

"BLOOD FOR ODIN!" Your roar is noble rage given voice, surely sounding all the way to Asgard itself. The wind whips through your hair as you race down the hill and almost before you know it you're running among the strange buildings of Mayohiga.

Houses and streets pass in a blur as your legs propel you forward with the power of an enraged giant. The streets twist and turn in strange patterns, but by some half-forgotten memory and pure instinct you find your way, sure-footed as Sleipnir himself. It's as if some invisible compass points you towards your goal.

Suddenly you find a house straight in your way. Were you thinking more clearly you might have tried to find a way around it. In your current state you settle for a flying tackle that sends you crashing through the thin walls and into a large hall. A quick glance confirms that no one is here. How boring. No way but forward then.

Your mighty fist draws back and crashes into a door on the far side of the hall, ripping it clean off its frame. You leap outside and find yourself standing in some kind of town square. Impatience grips your mind before you recognize your location. Right in front of you looms the house that you saw Ran and Chen enter. A smile creeps on your lips as you draw a deep breath and roar out your fury.

"FACE ME COWARDS, YOUR DOOM IS COME!"

In response to your proud challenge the front door slides open and reveals the golden-tailed fox, servant of your fickle foe. Behind her you can see the little cat-girl trying to get a better look at whatever's happening outside.

The moment she lays eyes upon you Ran freezes in her tracks. Her shock and confusion are evident as she gapes at you as if you were some strange creature of legend. And are you not just that? Are you not the vengeful hand of the Raven God, come to collect the debt these women owe for their crimes? There is but one thing to do.


[ ] Rush her and deliver a leaping tackle.

[ ] Draw your dagger and challenge her to noble combat.

[ ] Throw away your weapons and fight her barehanded.

[ ] Talk some pre-battle shit first.
>> No. 7790
[ ] Talk some pre-battle shit first.
[ ] Throw away your weapons and fight her barehanded.
[ ] Rush her and deliver a leaping tackle.

In this order.
>> No. 7791
[x] Throw away your weapons and fight her barehanded.

This just got more awesome.
>> No. 7792
[x] Throw away your weapons and fight her barehanded.
>> No. 7793
[x] Throw away your weapons and fight her barehanded.
[x] Rush her and deliver a leaping tackle
>> No. 7794
[x] Pull out your gun.
Less talk, more Glock.

....wait, wrong story...


[x] Throw away your weapons and fight her barehanded.
[x] Talk during battle.
Don't want to seriously hurt her. The target is Yukari.
>> No. 7795
>>7794

What's the better way to hurt Yukari? Yuka knows how.

[x] Throw away your weapons and fight her barehanded.
>> No. 7796
Hmm, looks like hand-to-hand option is winning for now. I'll check back in about 30-60 minutes and tally them votes.

So in other words expect another update later tonight.
>> No. 7797
>>7796
>>So in other words expect another BAD END later tonight.

Fruit of our labors, etc, etc.
>> No. 7798
>>7794
No hurting Ran, no hurting Chen, no killing Yukari.
>> No. 7799
Back and writing. Fighting barehanded won.
>> No. 7800
[x] Throw away your weapons and fight her barehanded.
[x] Rush her and deliver a leaping tackle.

A TRUE WARRIOR NEEDS NO BLADE
>> No. 7801
File 121952925472.jpg - (206.41KB , 650x591 , 1206584401264.jpg ) [iqdb]
7801
And this is the last for tonight. I'mma going to sleep nao.

________________________

[ ] Throw away your weapons and fight her barehanded.


This does not satisfy you. The unreasoning madness within demands that you crush this creature with your own two hands. You let your shield fall to the ground. Then you draw your daggers and toss them aside. The clatter of metal hitting ground seems to break the fox-woman's moment of shock. Her eyes become hard and cold as she addresses you

"Y-you, what are you doing here?" The nine-tailed one takes a few cautious steps outside while the cat-girl peeks out at you.

"Ran-sama, what's going on? Who is that guy? Why is he mad?" Chen's voice is high-pitched and confused as she tries to comprehend why a bare-chested berserker screaming for blood suddenly has appeared in front of her home.

Your fury knows no bounds at this farce. Do they think you've come here to talk?

"Enough! For vengeance I am here, and vengeance alone. Face me fox-woman!" In a blur you sprint towards Ran, delivering a heavy punch straight at her solar plexus. The fair fox-woman's reflexes prove fast enough to intercept the blow, catching it with lower arm and using the momentum to leap back. She flies back through the doorway while barely missing Chen, stops in mid-air and suddenly shoots towards you like a blue-white bolt of lightning.

You manage to grab her hands, now knotted and twisted into long claws, before they could pierce your flesh but the impact still knocks you back. You let yourself fall to the ground, dragging the wily spirit-fox with you, and immediately knee her in the gut as you land. She grunts slightly, but seems otherwise unaffected. For a few tense moments you struggle to keep your grip on her hands. Gods, her strenght is truly monstrous, easily matching your own. You finally manage to get a proper hold and violently throw the golden-tailed one away from you.

As you finally have a bit of breathing space you roll to the side and spring to your feet, ready to battle again. To your surprise you find an unlikely figure between you and your foeman. Chen's eyes are full of fear and fury as she yells at you.

"I won't let you hurt Ran-sama! Go away!" Something inside your head laughs at this pathetic display. Does this child think that she can stand agaist the sons of Odin?

"Chen, get back inside." The cat-girl's ears twitch as her mistress commands her. Chen turns and apparently tries to say something, but one look at Ran's face makes her think better of it. It takes only a moment for the girl to fly out of the way, leaving you alone with an enraged divine fox-spirit. Ran's voice is cold as ice by now, like the harsh, dark frost of eternal Niefelheim. Her face is a mask of anger, matching your own furious expression. You can count on no mercy from this foe.

"I don't know how you got here, and I don't care. Now you'll pay for last time and for scaring Chen like that." The nine-tailed one wastes no time in backing up her threats, launching herself upon you like a tempest of blades. Her movements are a complex blur of sweeping claws and lightning-fast dodges. Without your weapons you're hard-pressed to hold your own against her, even with the divine madness burning brighter for every moment. The two of you settle into an near-equal contest of speed and strenght.

After a grueling minute of combat you start to get the hang of Ran's fighting style. She feints and dodges, generally staying on the defensive. As the razor's edge that is your focus sharpens you see that Ran is counting on you to tire and slow down. But there is no fatigue nor pain left for the berserker, only the all-consuming impulse to defeat your enemy. The opportunity presents itself as Ran attempts another quick feint. Instead of dodging or deflecting it you allow yourself to get hit, earning you a shallow cut over your chest. In return you give Ran a punch straight in the face, stunning the fox-woman. In a blur you smash another fist into her gut. But before you can deliver the third blow you are knocked back by a sudden flash of light.

Something within your mind suddenly tells you what you should have known all along, the true identity and power of the one you're fighting. She is the golden-tailed wizard, the wielder of black sorcery, the mage fox. Ran floats into the sky and makes a complex hand gesture. An palpable aura of power suddenly envelops her, like a cloak of arcane fury suddenly visible in all its terrible glory. She speaks slowly and softly as she declares her spellcard.

"Shikigami: 「Wizard Fox Thoughts」"

At her command a bright bolt of blue light shoots out at you, only to split into countless green bolts of power. You look up at the magical doom approaching, the familiar scene bringing back a semblance of reason to your mind. This sorcery is most certainly dangerous, and you have to think of something fast.


[ ] Embrace your rage. Leap straight through the danmaku and attack Ran.

[ ] Snap out of the rage and dodge those bolts.

[ ] Snap out of the rage. Try to get your weapons and defend yourself.

[ ] HELP ME MARISA!
>> No. 7802
[ ] Embrace your rage. Leap straight through the danmaku and attack Ran.

Squishy wizard, etc. Besides, Sigurd probably has a pretty big graze box.
>> No. 7803
Hmm. It would probably be better to use a bomb than lose a life, right?

[ ] HELP ME MARISA!
>> No. 7804
[ ] Embrace your rage. Leap straight through the danmaku and attack Ran.

Rage is all that's been keeping us alive through this fight.
>> No. 7805
[ ] Embrace your rage. Leap straight through the danmaku and attack Ran.
>> No. 7806
>Shikigami: 「Wizard Fox Thoughts」"

God, I fucking hate this spellcard
>> No. 7807
[ ] Embrace your rage. Leap straight through the danmaku and attack Ran.

THIS is how we do things in frozen north.
>> No. 7808
[X] Embrace your rage. Leap straight through the danmaku and attack Ran.

> THIS is how we do things in frozen north.
QFT.
>> No. 7809
[x] Become rage incarnate. Use a bomb: "Skald's Rune「Iron Heart Surge」"

Apparently, "Rán" in Norse myth is a sea goddess. She used her net to drag sailors to a watery grave.
>> No. 7810
>>7809
Take your Book of Weeaboo Swords shit somewhere else
>> No. 7811
>>7810

You have a problem with masterwork bastard swords?
>> No. 7812
[x] Move a little bit to the right.
>> No. 7813
[ ] Embrace your rage. Leap straight through the danmaku and attack Ran.
>> No. 7814
[x] Embrace your rage. Leap straight through the danmaku and attack Ran.

We started as a berserk, now we finish it as a berserk.
>> No. 7815
>"Shikigami: 「Wizard Fox Thoughts」"
The easiest spellcard.See a replay.

To finish this do :
[x] Move a little bit to the right.If we cannot attcak RAN (no projectile attack), time-out it
>> No. 7817
>>7815

Sometimes the basics can be hard as the advanced. The second to the fith spellcards of Ran are easier then her first.
>> No. 7818
Berserk option has clearly won. Thus I am writing.
>> No. 7819
>>7818

Hooray!
>> No. 7820
>>7818
Hurrah!
>> No. 7822
>>7818
Hooray!
>> No. 7825
>>7818

Hooray!

Wait, what time is it?
>> No. 7826
And that's that. I'm off to sleep.

_________________________

[ ] Embrace your rage. Leap straight through the danmaku and attack Ran.


This trickery and magic is nothing before the might of the Allfather's gift. The furious beast that is the berserker rage screams for blood within your mind. For a second all is still, granting you a moment of perfect clarity, as if your senses were honed by some unknown power until they were as sharp as . You see that Ran thinks that she has already won, her expression is one of arrogance, as if she was merely toying with her prey and now prepares for the final blow. By the name of Odin, she will regret underestimating you.

With a mighty roar you leap into the air, calling on your will to speed you up until you soar through at breakneck speed. The luminous bolts of danmaku loom ahead, like a dire promise of doom. You ignore them completely in your frenzy, shooting straight through the pattern of bullets. They sting and burn like fire they slash through your body, but pain is nothing to you. The spirit within kindles the fires of anger withing you as the pain spreads through your body, fanning the flames into an inferno as all-consuming as those if bright Muspelheim. There is only you and the fox-woman before you. Nothing else.

The air around her crackles as she launches another blue bolt while floating to the side. You kick off in mid-air, shooting past the arcane blast before it scatters into the green hail of death. The golden-tailed one's eyes widen in surprise as you reach her and draw back your fist. Then the air ripples as another blue bolt shoots at you, tearing clean through your body. The pain is unbearable, as if million tiny needles were piercing you from the inside. Yet you manage to bring down your fist, striking a mighty blow straight in the gut of the wizard fox.

With a sharp crack the aura of power bleeds away as Ran loses her concentration. Her face turns up at you, and judging from her expression the fox-woman's fury matches your own. She opens her mouth to declare another spellcard, but you had already anticipated that. Her expression turns to panic for a second as your grasp her throat with fingers like iron and tighten your grip, throttling her with both hands. She flails inneffectually for a second, desperately trying to break your chokehold in blind panic.

Then her anger returns and with a single fluid motion she draws back her hand and stabs her claws into your chest. Luckily for you the talons glance off your ribs, tearing up the side of your torso instead of puncturing your lungs.

The pain triggers another surge of fury and your grip tightens further, sending the beautiful fox-spirit into even greater panic. Her eyes are full of animal rage and fear of death as she draws back her arm again, fully intent on lashing out like the cornered beast she is.


[ ] Call on a final surge of strenght and snap her neck.

[ ] Let go of Ran and dodge her claws.

[ ] Do something else (write-in)
>> No. 7827
[x] Head butt her into unconsciousness.
>> No. 7828
[x] Head butt her into unconsciousness.

A little from column A. a little from column B.
>> No. 7829
File 121961797072.jpg - (112.94KB , 640x510 , 07f4a4cf6d58322b8e0fb91d54e162ae.jpg ) [iqdb]
7829
[x] Head butt her into unconsciousness.
>> No. 7830
[x] Head butt her into unconsciousness.

Spell Break, bitch.
>> No. 7831
[x] Head butt her into unconsciousness.

A nice big headache courtesy of your friendly neighborhood Viking.
>> No. 7832
In before we headbutt her claws
>> No. 7833
[x] Head butt her into unconsciousness.

It worked on Rumia in Scorn's story. It will work here as well. It is Anon's ultimate move.
>> No. 7834
[Y] Head butt her into unconsciousness.
>> No. 7835
[x] Head butt her into unconsciousness.
>> No. 7836
[x] Head butt her into unconsciousness.

Almost Belmontnymous' hidden move. And spitting people to the ground.
>> No. 7837
[x] Head butt her into unconsciousness.
>> No. 7838
[ ] Head butt her into unconsciousness.


You draw back your head while pulling Ran closer to you, intent on knocking her out with a good headbutt. Unfortunately this gives the nine-tailed spirit-beast ample time to stab her claws into your chest. With a roar of pain you smash your brow straight into Ran's face, then repeat the attack a few times just for good measure. Her eyes glaze over and her body goes limp, suddenly dangling like a rag doll in your hands. The anger slowly lifts as the fight goes out of Ran, and you will yourself to slowly drop down into the square in front of Ran's home.

"Sigurd, hey Sigurd." Marisa rushes towards you as you touch down on the ground. You hadn't noticed her until now but she hasn't been idle, judging from the fact that she has left an obviously knocked out Chen sprawled on the ground.

"Man, that looks bad. You're lucky to be alive -ze." Marisa's voice is horrified and concerned in equal measure as she sees your terrible wounds. It's as if her words trigger your body's normal defensive mechanisms for you suddenly feel all the pain from your wounds, only to be eclipsed by the unbearable agony when Ran's claw slides out from your chest. You hold it up and amusedly note the small white fibers mixed with the red of flesh and blood.

"Lucky... I am." You manage to laugh weakly as you struggle to speal. "For well has life treated one... when he has fat even 'round his heart-roots."

Having said these words you slowly topple over like a mighty tree while your life-blood pours out of the mangled ruin that was your heart. The last thing you're aware of is Marisa's horrified wail, then all is black.

NOT AS RANNED END No.03


[ ] Back X posts?

[ ] Onwards to the realms of the dead.

___________________________

Hint of the day:

High in the halls of Asgard, in the seat of Hlidskjalf sits the High One.
Ever watchful is his gaze, the One-eyed, as he sees all that occurs in Midgard.
His gift is the Berserker rage, divine madness and inhuman power.
But beware, for his gift calls the mighty warriors to his side, for the final battle, for Ragnarok.
>> No. 7839
Must... resist...

[x] Onwards to the realms of the dead.
>> No. 7842
[+] Back to >>7789
[+] Rush her and deliver a leaping tackle
>> No. 7843
[+] Back to >>7789
[+] Rush her and deliver a leaping tackle

do NOT want to leave Marisa
>> No. 7844
[+] Back to >>7789
[+] Rush her and deliver a leaping tackle

Dropping our weapons was just cocky.
>> No. 7846
[x] Back to >>7789
[x] Rush her and deliver a leaping tackle
>> No. 7847
[x] Back to >>7789
[x] Rush her and deliver a leaping tackle

>>7838

Well, fuck.
>> No. 7848
[x] Back to >>7789
[x] Rush her and deliver a leaping tackle

If it doesn't work out this time we'll go meet Siki willingly.
>> No. 7850
[ ] Onwards to the realms of the dead.

Hear the Valkyrie's calls, to Valhalla we go!
>> No. 7851
[x] Onwards to the realms of the dead.
>> No. 7852
[x] Onwards to the realms of the dead.

Time to go get judged.
>> No. 7853
[x] Back to >>7789
[x] Rush her and deliver a leaping tackle
>> No. 7854
So back three posts is it? Then you shall go back three posts.
>> No. 7855
Well Anonymous, two deaths so far in five threads. Though this last one should have been avoidable.

And no land of the dead? A pity that. Though choosing the rollback also has its consequences.

But once again I ramble. Back to the story.
_____________________

[ ] Back 3 posts.
[ ] Rush her and deliver a leaping tackle.


A shiver runs down your spine, cold like the breath of mist-filled Niefelheim as a torrent of sensations assail you for a long, long second. Pain, fear, rage. And above all a soft, amused voice echoing withing your mind.

"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." It laughs for a moment, then disappears like some figment of your imagination. Or maybe it was a figment of your imagination?

Then your mind snaps back to reality. Your senses tell you of strange buildings around you and your beautiful foe in front of you, stunned by your sudden appearance. There is but one thing to do.

Taking full advantage of her distraction you rush forwards like the wind, leaping at Ran while screaming a battlecry to the god of thunder and rain.

"By the hammer of Thor!" You focus your will and speed up further by kicking off from solid air. The fox-woman's golden eyes widen further as she raises her hands in surprise, ineffectively trying to ward off your leaping charge.

Were she ready and prepared for it she might have succeeded. But not like this. With a crash you slam into her, bashing your shield into Ran's face. She squeals and falls over on her back, apparently more in surprise than because of any real damage. You land on top of the golden-tailed one, knocking the wind out of her and evoking a low moan.

"GUAahhh..." Ran's face twitches in rage as she glares up at you, recovering in mere seconds from your mighty blow, only to find that you've already pinned her down. With your shield-arm you hold fast one of her long claws, and with your right arm the other is held at a safe distance. Your lips curl in a wide grin as you watch her impotent fury.

"You...you... let me go! Let me go you brute!" She snarls and struggles beneath you with a strenght that can only be described as monstrous, threshing like the great wolf does, child of lie-father and bane of Odin, in its dwarf-forged fetters. But like Gleipnir wolf-binder you allow her no chance to leverage her physical power. You clearly have the advantage, but how should you press it?


[ ] Keep her pinned down and call for Marisa.

[ ] Look her in the eye and demand immediate surrender.

[ ] Headbutt her. Hard.

[ ] Molest Ran.
>> No. 7856
[ ] Headbutt her. Hard.
>> No. 7857
>>7856
Not again, idiot.

[ ] Keep her pinned down and call for Marisa.
>> No. 7858
>[ ] Molest Ran.

If we had extra lives, this would totally be worth it.
>> No. 7859
>[ ] Molest Ran.
So tempting.

{X} Headbutt her. Hard.
She's restrained now so yeah
>> No. 7860
[x] Molest Ran.

I REGRET NOTHING!
>> No. 7862
[ ] Keep her pinned down and call for Marisa.
>> No. 7863
>>7857
She can't claw us this time, idiot.

Also, guys, remember Chen?
>> No. 7864
[x] Molest Ran.

Fuck it
>> No. 7865
[x] Keep her pinned down and call for Marisa.
>> No. 7866
[x] Molest Ran.
I have no regrets, this is the only path
>> No. 7869
[ ] Look her in the eye and demand immediate surrender.
>> No. 7870
[X] Keep her pinned down and call for Marisa.

NO! No molesting the foxes! BAD ANON!
>> No. 7871
[♧] Look her in the eye and demand immediate surrender.
>> No. 7872
>>7855
[X] Keep her pinned down and call for Marisa.
>> No. 7873
[x] Look her in the eye and demand immediate surrender.

We can't call Marisa, she'll busy dealing with Chen

Headbutting is effective, but against the ground you risk killing Ran by crushing her skull or her moving her head aside and you bashing your face into the ground.

the best option here is to demand surrender
>> No. 7874
You make a good point, vote changed.

[µ] Look her in the eye and demand immediate surrender.
>> No. 7875
[x] Look her in the eye and demand immediate surrender.
>> No. 7876
>>7858

But we have unlimited respawns. Norseman agreed, don't bother him about it.

[X] Molest Ran
>> No. 7877
>>7876

Oh, taht's right.

[X] Molest Ran.
>> No. 7878
[X] Molest Ran
>> No. 7879
[x] Look her in the eye and demand immediate surrender.
>> No. 7880
>>7876

What if it doesn't lead to death? Then we'd just be setting ourselves up for more bad shit.
>> No. 7881
[x] Look her in the eye and demand immediate surrender.
>> No. 7882
[x] Look her in the eye and demand immediate surrender.
>> No. 7883
No molesting Ran? You disappoint me people.
>> No. 7884
[X] Look her in the eye and demand immediate surrender.
>> No. 7887
[X] Molest Ran

Don't you see? Ran's tails are her weak spot! THIS IS THE ONLY TIME THAT "tail feel so good" IS THE CORRECT ANSWER!
>> No. 7888
[X] Molest Ran
Doujin agreed
>> No. 7893
[X] Molest Ran
>> No. 7894
[x] Look her in the eye and demand immediate surrender.

>>7876
>But we have unlimited respawns. Norseman agreed, don't bother him about it.

derp

>Though choosing the rollback also has its consequences.
>> No. 7896
If I'm not entirely mistaken demanding surrender wins by one. No tail today then.

And writing.
>> No. 7897
>>7894

But he did agree >>7520

I just don't care about such consequences~
>> No. 7898
Apparently I'm too tired to write right now. Will finish tomorrow morning.

>>7897

Um, I said that it's reasonable to be fearless assuming that you have unlimited respawns, not that you actually have unlimited respawns. And you don't, or at least not without a price.
>> No. 7899
>>7898

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Another day of waiting.
>> No. 7910
Updates today maybe?
>> No. 7911
Ask and ye shall recieve. Update will be finished within an hour and a half, or something like that.
>> No. 7912
File 121986933936.jpg - (173.38KB , 700x980 , 120854780819.jpg ) [iqdb]
7912
[ ] Look her in the eye and demand immediate surrender.


She struggles beneath you for another moment until it becomes clear that you've got her securely pinned down. One look at her eyes show her anger, fury easily matching your own, rage enough to make a lesser man back down in fear. But not you. The one that has been wronged is not her. You slowly speak while meeting her gaze with a baleful stare of your own.

"Yield, O fair fox, lest Raven-God's servants feast on thy bones." Her expression softens somewhat at your words, shifting towards a mix of indignation and bafflement. She must not be used to having strangers jumping her and demanding her surrender.

"I remember you! You've got a lot of guts coming here..." As it becomes apparent that no surrender is forthcoming you cut her off with an angered roar.

"Hear my words, O fox who is not of the forest. For a great crime is yours, one that is unforgiven." She freezes at this sudden burst of fury, but you're far from finished.

"To steal away a son of Odin, to wield wicked witchcraft against Allfather's servant. At his home and hearth wily fox and dark demon came to him, breaking High One's law, blaspheming against ancient rule, the wisdom One-Eyed God gained from Mimir's well." The inner flames slowly grow as you list her crimes, twisting your face into a mask of divine fury.

"Grave is the crime, and the reckoning is at hand. Yield, O servant of the dark one, yield as you must, lest the vengeful warrior gift you wings of the blood-eagle." Silence follows your words, you have nothing more to say and the golden-tailed does not reply, though you know not if it is because of stubbornness or fear.

A small, frightened voice suddenly breaks the silence hanging in the air like the executioner's axe.

"Y-you, what are you doing to Ran-sama?" You glance up and meet the trembling gaze of the cat-girl you saw earlier. She obviously struggles to understand the situation, your dire threats and her master's predicament. Finally she grits her teeth, balls her hands into fists and shouts at you.

"C-chen won't let you bully Ran-sama! Let Ran-sama go!" Is this child trying to threaten you? Surely she couldn't be more than a minor nuisance. But sometimes a trifling distraction can be severe, which you're reminded of as you hear Ran's soft voice intoning a strange phrase.

"Shikigami's Radiance 「Princess Tenko - Illusion」" Your eyes move back to the wizard fox, now grinning like her animal namesake. Her eyes glow a bright, golden yellow, filled to the brim with sorcerous power as her spell takes effect.

You have no idea what exactly happens next, but suddenly Ran fades away like the dark shades of Hel are said to do in sight of Skinfaxi's mane. The sudden lack of anything solid to hold on to causes you to stumble, while a vague ring-formed shape streaks up into the sky. Leaping back to your feet you follow it with your gaze, only to see Ran rematerialize in the air, accompanied by a burst of magical bolts. You jump aside, easily avoiding the first group of shots, and continue moving towards the middle of the square in front of Ran's home.

In the meantime Ran fades again, and the circular blur moves to a new location. Appearing from thin air the mage fox sends another shower of brilliant, beautiful blue doom towards you. Her lips are curled in a slight smile as she watches your struggle. The rage in the back of your head snarls and screams for death, for punishment and vengeance because of this sorcerous trickery. Something even deeper in your mind forces it away and tells you to concentrate on avoiding this attack.


[ ] Keep dodging. Surely she can't keep this up forever.

[ ] Draw your daggers and cut apart the danmaku.

[ ] Observe her pattern and attempt to attack Ran as she materializes.

[ ] Try to take Chen hostage.
>> No. 7913
[ ] Try to take Chen hostage.
>> No. 7914
[X] Keep dodging. Surely she can't keep this up forever.

SUPERHUMAN STAMINA

>[ ] Try to take Chen hostage.

Can't do it, I'm too much a moralfag.
>> No. 7915
[x] Observe her pattern and attempt to attack Ran as she materializes.
>> No. 7916
[þ] Keep dodging.
[þ] Draw your daggers and cut apart the danmaku.
[þ] Observe her pattern and attempt to attack Ran as she materializes.
>> No. 7917
[x] Observe her pattern and attempt to attack Ran as she materializes.
>> No. 7918
>>7913
No

[x] Observe her pattern and attempt to attack Ran as she materializes.
>> No. 7919
File 121987649435.jpg - (268.08KB , 1075x1517 , CHEN.jpg ) [iqdb]
7919
>>7913
You Monster
>> No. 7920
[ ] Try to take Chen hostage.

Safest measure against Ran. However, she may kill us after release Chen. Another bad thing is, taking hostages is that's how cowards, and not true men, act.

So,
[þ] Keep dodging.
[þ] Draw your daggers and cut apart the danmaku.
[þ] Observe her pattern and attempt to attack Ran as she materializes.
>> No. 7921
I wonder, if we cut down Ran, will she really die?
>> No. 7922
>>7921

Doubtful, since she's a youkai, and a powerful one at that. She'd probably resurrect after some time.

Sigurd wouldn't know that though.
>> No. 7923
>>7922

Youkai don't ressurrect, they regenerate. You did the same mistake YAF did, be ashamed of yourself.
>> No. 7924
>>7923

Yes, unless you're using a weapon with "history" like Sigurd's apparently. Then they can be exterminated. But since they're on a lower karmic rung than humans, they usually just come back in their current form, though less immediately than faeries.

Weren't you listening to anything Siki said in PoFV?
>> No. 7931
[X] Take Chen home.

rena.tiff
>> No. 7934
[þ] Keep dodging.
[þ] Observe her pattern and attempt to attack Ran as she materializes.

The dagger vs danmaku thing didn't work that well last time... And dodging seems to work in gensokeo. Play it like a touhou character!
>> No. 7937
>>7924

Sigurd's weapons have history? How do you know that?

And no, I didn't listen to Siki because PoFV is in runes and I haven't bothered to check the wiki for, like, everything that's not SWR.
>> No. 7938
>>7937
>Sigurd's weapons have history? How do you know that?

1) They're centuries old.
2) They can cleave through danmaku.
QED

>And no, I didn't listen to Siki because PoFV is in runes and I haven't bothered to check the wiki for, like, everything that's not SWR.

Then maybe you should stop holding such strong opinions on canonicity.
>> No. 7939
Even if we can't kill Ran when we kill her, i don't want to kill her.
Something non lethal would be the way, but i fear she won't go down easy if we go don't take this serious.

Afterall, a Ran Route should be our aim.
>> No. 7940
As I'm far too tired to write and got a lot of other stuff to do, updates will have to wait until tomorrow at the earliest. Expect new thread and all that jazz.
>> No. 7946
[x] Observe her pattern and attempt to attack Ran as she materializes.

It's the best way to take her down.
>> No. 7955
Expecting a new thread and all that JAZZ.
>> No. 7960
Where's the update?
>> No. 7961
>>7960
It's not here anymore. It's gone.
>> No. 7962
Sorry for the sudden absence. My studies are starting up and I've got a lot to do IRL right now. Thus writan gaems have been sidelined the past few days.

But fear not, I've got the update half-finished and I'll post the new thread tomorrow morning. Swear on the name of Odin.