[Return]
Archived thread

File 121859765925.jpg - (33.12KB , 254x356 , togo.jpg ) [iqdb]
7437 No. 7437
I know the boards are crowded, but I've had a story in mind for about over a month and a half now, and finally got around to it.

Set in near future, humans and youkai live together in the same world. As in, Earth. Not Gensokyo specifically. Despite living together, they are segregated in most regions of the world, and intolerant of each other. Gensokyo and the border still exists, however, it is well known and primarily used by the Japanese government as a sort of penal colony for wayward youkai. The previous inhabitants are free in there, but youkai brought in as criminals are carefully monitored and restrained.

Write-ins are encouraged, and clever play by Anon shall be rewarded. As far as punishment for dying, well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Although starting in the outside, the story will quickly move in to and primarily involve the Forest of Magic, as well as very nearby areas. Namely, the Shrine, Human Village, and the Underground (I consider that accessible from anywhere, and thus 'nearby'.) As far as routes go, yes, romance will be possible. Most of the characters in the aforementioned regions will have routes.

The first playthrough's plot is predetermined, but if I do more play throughs, each character will have their own plot.

As far as character interactions from other regions, the occasional appearance may occur, but they will not have routes.

Also: Despite being set in Japan, I am not doing Japanese honorifics or listing family names first. (For example, it'd be Reimu Hakurei, not Hakurei Reimu in my writing.)

This is the first time I've written something like this in a while, so feedback is appreciated.

I think I've covered most of it. If you have any questions, let me know.

And so, let us begin with a wall of an introduction.

>> No. 7438
Ding. Dong.

Ding. Dong.

The school's bell, an old-fashioned, solid iron bell, a stark contrast to the technology of today, rings for the final time of this year. No, for the final time ever, at least for yourself. The students slowly begin filtering out of the once crowded class room you've spent the past year in, friends stopping by one another to say their good-byes, before continuing on their way. Nobody stops by your desk, nor glances in your direction, as you pack your things up. But that's okay! You've never really gotten along with the other human students, anyway. Well, all except for one.

As you continue to pack up, your friend Jiro sidles up to you, and slaps you across the back, “'Ey Kouta, what're you doing now that you're done with school? You never seemed like the type to move on to a university!” He grins at you, rocking back and forth on his heels.

You glance up at him, shrugging as you do so. “Don't know. Considered going out to the countryside and working at my Uncle's place.” Jiro throws up his hands in response to your statement.

“Always so serious, Kouta! You never were excitable. Don't you want to see the world?” A sigh escapes your lips in response.

“I'd like to see the world, sure. After some of the problems with it are fixed.” You return to your packing, as Jiro continues talking.

Notebooks, check.

“What's there to fix? Sure there's a few issues, but they're not dangerous enough to worry about. Someone will solve them eventually anyway.” He waves dismissively.

Folders. Pencils. Check.

“Besides, you should enjoy your life instead of worrying so much over all these so called 'problems in the world', eh?”

You manage to finally block him out, stuffing things in to your bag as you do so, finally finis-- Oh, what's this? Your hands run over a small object pushed deep inside of the desk in to the back corner. Small handle. Little button on the side. Pressing it makes a soft 'click' as you feel the device expanding. Right, right. The knife. Stuck that back there when the year began and forgot about it. Just a little protection from the youkai students, and the human, for that matter. Can't let Jiro see that, though.

The rest of what he's saying bleeds back in as you turn your attention to him.

“...in any case, why don't you come over to my place for a week? We can head down to the beach, Kouta. C'mon, have a little fun.”

You look up at Jiro, giving him a smile, “Sure, why not? Hey, why don't you go on ahead to the main gate, and I'll meet you there.”

Jiro returns the grin, “Great! I'll meet you there in a bit.” He turns and walks off, smiling the entire way as he exits the classroom, which is now empty except for yourself.

Closing the knife, you slip it in to your pocket and pick up your bag, heading out yourself.

* * *

The rain pours down on Tokyo, a low rumble of thunder joining it in the sky, along with the occasional streak of lightning dancing across the clouds high above you. The water slides off your coat, soaking the parts of you that aren't covered. Stomping on through the heavy sheets of rain pouring down, your destination finally appears in view. Despite the building's massive size height and girth, it doesn't stand out amongst the Tokyo skyline, especially not from your low vantage point in the rain-slicked streets of the city.

Pulling the door open to the building, you're greeted with a burst of cold air, stepping inside and out of the rain, shaking drops free from your hair as you do so. The lobby is empty, and the decor of the interior is dull. Almost sterile. Save for a few gray, plastic chairs, and the reception desk, which is flanked on both sides by elevators with silvery, steel doors, the room is barren. No paintings, no plants. Just the glint of polished steel and chrome everywhere.

A young man stands behind the desk, the small, tell-tale wires of earphones hanging down from his head, as he flips through a tattered magazine, ignoring your presence. Striding up to the desk, you pull off the pair of sunglasses shielding your eyes. It's almost silly to be wearing them in this weather, but you've always liked them for the fashion statement rather than the practical use. The kid glances over the top of the magazine, and appears to let out an inaudible sigh, dropping it on the desk and pulling out his earphones as he does so.

Staring you down, he greets you in a fairly bored, almost monotone voice. “Welcome to the Tokyo Department of Youkai Justice and Relocation.” The man glances over your attire and disheveled appearance before finishing, “And how may I help you today, sir?” The last word is spit at you, dripping with venom and distaste.

Letting out a short laugh, you answer him. “You must be new here, kid.” Leaning on the reception desk with your left elbow, and slamming the palm of your right hand down on to the desk, you continue to speak. “How long you been here? Do you even know who I am?”

Shaking slightly, rattled from your display, he responds. “N-no sir, but if you'd like to lodge a complaint with the depar--”

“I don't want to lodge a complaint with the department. I am the department.” A grin creeps across your face, as the man's face goes pale. “I'm here for this week's job. Now, be a good boy and press that button under the desk to pop the elevator open for me, would you?”

He snaps his back up, straightening. “Yes sir, right away!” His hand reaches under the desk, hitting the button you indicated, as the elevator door to the right silently slides open. You push up off of the reception desk, that smirk still plastered on your face.

“Thanks, kid. Keep up the good work, huh?”

Unable to form words in his mind, let alone speak them over the knot in his throat, the man nods at you. Stepping in to the elevator, you can hear him breathe a sigh of relief as you exit his sight. Placing your hand over the buttons for the floors, you mash the first, third and fifth rows from the top. Sliding shut with a near silent 'click', the elevator closes and begins to descend.
>> No. 7439
* * *

The empty halls of the school echo with your footsteps as you make your way down towards the front gate. Still need to head to the lockers to get a few things, though. You round the corner to the stairwell, hopping down it two steps at a time until you reach the bottom, making a safe landing. Taking an immediate right puts you right near the now empty lockers. Heading over to, and opening your locker, you clean the contents out in to your bags. Now just to head out to meet up with Jiro.

As you approach the door, an idea forms in your head. The lockers are the mid point of the school. In fact, there's a door leading over to a mirror image of the room, where the youkai student's lockers are kept. You've never been there in the years you've spent at the school, as it's highly segregated. They stay over there, and you stay over here. Slipping over to the entryway to the youkai side, you crack open the door and peek through. Empty. Opening it a bit farther, you slip in to the locker room.

Excitement courses through your veins as you enter the room. You're not supposed to be here, but the school is emptied by now. Nobody to catch you! Walking quietly through the rows of lockers, though, the exciting prospects begin to wane. It's the same as the human side, an exact mirror image. Well, that's not true. The area is a bit more disheveled, and there's graffiti on some of the lockers. Probably done by human students who snuck over to this side after a long day.

Continuing through the room, you reach the hallway leading down towards what should be the gym. Light from the waning sun pours in through the windows, casting shadows across the room, as you enter the hallway. You're greeted by nothing except the silence as you pass by the barren classrooms.

Finally nearing the gym, you begin to pass by the male locker room. Instantly, the silence is shattered as a piece of glass being struck by a bullet would be. A piercing scream of a woman comes from the men's locker room. Instinctively you drop your bag to the ground near the wall, reaching down for the pocketed knife.

Click.

The blade pops open on the knife, as you quietly enter the locker room. Deeper inside, you can hear sounds and voices. A muffled cry, loud grunting and panting, the occasional scream. The closer the get, the more you can make out what's being said. A female voice, pleading for mercy from her assailant.

“Please! Stop! Don't do this to me!” the female voice cries out. The grunting is replaced for a moment with a curt laugh.

A male voice speaks up, “Human trash like you doesn't deserve mercy! You're lucky I don't kill you and eat you on the spot.” Crying can be heard shortly after, presumably from the girl.

As you approach the source of the sound, you peek around the corner. A male, youkai student, holding a human girl down against the floor, raping her from behind. Neither of them are facing you, nor can they see you.

Your head throbs with pain, memories flooding back. It's just like before, when she was raped. And you watched. And you could do nothing but watch. But this time it's different. You can save her this time. One quick strike to in to the back of the head. Move in, sink the blade in. Gripping the knife in hand, you silently creep around the corner. Your head feels like it's about to explode, and your chest burns as you inch closer to them.

Unable to hold yourself back any more, you lunge at the youkai student, screaming as you do so. “This is for ten years of pain! I should've killed you ten years ago, right on the spot.” The student whips his head around at the sound of your voice, as you close the last inch. The knife enters the front of his skull with a sickening cracking noise, as the blade pierces it and lodges itself in the brain. Placing your foot firmly on the head of the now deceased man, you firmly grip the knife and dislodge it. The half naked, exposed body flops backwards, slumping against the wall, blood gushing out of the head and standing the ground.

A cruel smile creeps across your face, as you turn towards the shocked girl, speaking to her. “Get out of here, now. You're not going to like what happens next, I assure you.” Laughter escapes your lips as you stand over the corpse.

The girl manages to squeeze out a quiet thank you, tears still streaming down her cheeks, as she grabs her clothing and runs. But none of that matters to you now. Your senses are suddenly overwhelmed. This youkai student. The smell of the fresh blood, staining both your hands and his body. The sight of his body crumpled up against the wall. And hunger. A deep, insatiable hunger. Kneeling down, you sniff at the air, closing your eyes for a moment. You can almost taste it now, as one thought fills your mind.

Delicious.

Grabbing his lifeless arm, the blade of the knife comes down.

* * *

A soft, quiet bit of music fills the elevator, muffled by the whirring and grinding of the elevator descending the shaft towards its destination, passing various basement floors that only you and the higher ups of the department know about. Research and development. Munitions. Logistics. The elevator finally stops at the tenth floor beneath the surface, the door sliding open as you step out. A dimly lit corridor lies in front of you, the elevator closing behind you and heading off to God knows where. You've heard there are floors lower than this, but you can't pass the tenth.

Walking down the corridor, all the doors seem to be sealed. Not a surprise, security is tight in the lower sections. The building has forty surface floors, but the majority of them are a farce or handle minor work. The real meat is in the basement levels that few know about. A large door looms at the end of the corridor. It's a meeting room of sorts, with no official name, but most of the people just call it the 'War Room'. Fairly apropos, since it works in a similar fashion.
>> No. 7440
Reaching the door, you turn the handle and push it open. The interior looks like something out of a movie inside. A large desk, surrounded by chairs, with a map of the world inset in it, covered in an array of red push pins. Monitors cover one side of the room, with a bank of computers and control consoles in front of them. Another wall has clocks of every time zone hanging from it, like in an airport. Three men are already seated around the table.

The first, at the head of the table, you already recognize. A balding, elderly gentleman, dressed in a nice, black suit, a pair of silver-framed glasses adorning his face. His lips curl in to a warm smile as you enter. The other two, however, are new to you. One appears to be a general of some sorts. Clad in military attire, a permanent scowl affixed to his face. He stares at you from his seat as you near the table. The last is a younger man, dressed in a stark white lab coat. Grinning like an idiot, he waves to you as you take your seat.

The elderly man speaks first to you, “Ah, I'm glad you could make it. I take it you had a bit of a rainy day, did you?” He glances over your still soaked attire, smiling at his own joke.

You lean back in the high-backed chair you're seated in, replying to him. “A little water never stopped me, Mr. Satou. Delayed, maybe. But never stopped.” You return the smile, as he flashes you a knowing look.

“I have a few people to introduce you to today. I don't believe you've met either of them. The first,” he gestures to the military man, “Is General Tojo. A descendant of the very same from World War II, actually.” The general grunts in affirmation.

Sweeping his hand towards the fellow in the lab coat, Mr. Satou continues, “And this is Jiro Takahashi, an expert in youkai biology.”

Unlike the general, this fellow is a bit more friendly, and speaks up. “Pleased to meet you. I'm sure I'll be of some use to you for this job.” He stops and thinks for a moment, before finishing his thoughts, “Ah,” he snaps his fingers, “you know who we are, but the General and I do not know you. If you would be so kind as to introduce yourself, mister?”

INSERT NAME:

[ ] Write in: ______
>> No. 7441
[x] Write in: Duke Togo
>> No. 7443
I'm assuming we look like the guy in the OP now.

[x] Duke Togo, AKA Golgo 13
>> No. 7446
Midnight here, going to sleep. Will write more tomorrow after getting some more votes.
>> No. 7455
[x] Duke Togo
>> No. 7456
[x] Duke Togo
>> No. 7457
Now that I'm awake, I see I would've done the rape scene differently. Too late for that, though~ Will write after I get a few more votes (and watch/read some Golgo 13)
>> No. 7458
[ ] Duke Togo

Golgo in Gensokyo? I approve of this.
>> No. 7460
[X] Duke Togo

Golgo 13, fucking awesome.
>> No. 7461
Writing.

Note: I don't know much about Duke or Golgo 13. But I am downloading the animu and movies to brush up a bit. Don't expect a carbon copy. All I know is that he's an assassin.

It's all Mode's fault.
>> No. 7463
>>7461

Golgo 13 is a cold blooded, silent, and very professional sniper/hitman. He bangs chicks left and right(and never the same woman twice either) while adopting the same emotionless expression, and he never fails to land a hit on his target. That's all there is to the character.

Due to the fact that he's so one-dimensional, his series is less about him as a character, and more about his targets, the effect he has on people, and how they try(and fail) to beat him.
>> No. 7464
File 121864332493.jpg - (236.32KB , 1000x1484 , 119646970223.jpg ) [iqdb]
7464
>>7463
>> No. 7470
>>7463

I'm more fond of grandiose characters than cold and emotionless. As I said, he won't be a carbon copy~

Also, update in seven minutes .
>> No. 7473
File 121864776450.jpg - (78.04KB , 385x550 , 1206295858399.jpg ) [iqdb]
7473
“The name's Duke. Think of me as a professional bounty hunter. Not some trash off the street, but the real deal.” You lean the chair back, kicking your feet up at the desk. The general scowls at you, while Jiro claps his hands together once in excitement.

Mr. Satou speaks up, directing his comment at the others, “As Duke here said, he is a bounty hunter in employment of the Japanese government. We've been using him to track down and bring back wayward youkai,” he turns to meet you with a steely gaze, “Preferably alive, of course.”

Crossing your legs on the desk as you lean back, you shoot a reply to him, “Hey, I've been fairly good about bringin' them in alive. 'Course, not all of them cooperate.” You stop for a moment, stretching your arms out before continuing, “So, I know what I'm here to do, but what about the general and science-boy over here,” you state off-handedly.

'Science-boy' puffs his cheeks out in mock annoyance, as the general slams a fist on the table, standing up as he does so, “I'm here to protect the people of Japan, and I demand you show me respect, insect.” It wasn't apparent at first, but now that he's standing up, his frame appears quite a bit larger. He's larger than you, but no worries, most officers are all talk, anyway.

The exchange is interrupted by the sound of a throat clearing, and a quiet shuffling, as Mr. Satou stands up from his seat. “I'd prefer neither of you fought in this chamber. If you'd like to bicker, do it after the job is finished.” He returns to his seat, before finishing his statement, “Now, if you would both be so kind as to be quiet, I'll explain what the situation is.”

You give a quick nod, and the general grunts in affirmation before seating himself. Satou begins again, “First of all, let me explain the roles of everyone in this room. Duke's is obvious. He is to capture,” that gaze returns to you again, “preferably alive,” and then shifts back to the others, “the subject. General Tojo here is to ensure the safety of the Japanese populace outside of the border.” Wait, border?

You interrupt Satou, speaking up, “Excuse me, Mr. Satou, am I going to heading inside of the border this time? I wasn't informed about that when I was called in, y'know.”

The three turn their attention to you, Satou replying, “Duke, is that a problem for you? I know you've put away a fair number of your targets in there, but this time the target is already inside”.

Waving your hand dismissively, you answer, “Nah, that's fine. I was just wondering, why do I have to grab a target already inside of Gensokyo? I mean, wouldn't that mean they're already locked away?”

“Unfortunately, they weren't locked away by our hand. The higher ups request we pull the subject out of Gensokyo for processing, before returning him. We believe he intentionally hid there, expecting nobody to look for him inside. A criminal hiding inside a prison, the last place he'd expect anyone to look.” A brief smile creeps over Satou's face as he finishes talking.

You sigh audibly, then respond, “Seems stupid to me, but whatever. Gets me paid, y'know?” The general fixes his scowl on you again, burning holes through you with his eyes.

“Continuing on, then, Mr. Takahashi is here to assist you with this particular subject. Thus far, he's proven to be a unique case. Something we've never seen before. Hence why I called in a youkai biologist.”

Glancing between Satou and Jiro first, you then speak up, “Unique, huh? Like what? I've dealt with 'em all, even the ones that managed to pick up some kinda magical abilities. They all go down the same, one bullet to the head,” you shape your hand like a gun for emphasis, “and 'bang', down they go.”

Jiro stands up, supporting himself on the desk with his hands and leaning towards you. “This one is different, Duke. He wasn't always a youkai.” The relaxed look he had previously is gone, replaced by a grim visage covering his face. “That's why it's unique. Humans often turn in to youkai inside of the border, but out here? We've never documented a single case until now.”

“This is one of the reasons we need to process him, Duke,” Satou states flatly. “We need to determine what caused the transformation. In addition, he's highly dangerous. We don't have any reports of him harming the human population, but he caused a string of youkai related murders before escaping in to Gensokyo.” Picking up a remote controller from the table, Satou clicks up a screen on the wall.

The wall lights up with various panes of information. Statistics of his kills, how many, when it all started, the region. And then pictures in one pane. None of them are clear, you can't make out much in the way of features. They're all photos of a blur, which appears to be human shaped, but covered in patches of thick hair. Something along the lines of a wolf man out of a cheesy horror movie. Pictures of the victims pop up next, all of them eviscerated and cut in to pieces, and partially consumed.

“Great. Hunting down a youkai serial killer. Been a while since I've had a job like this, it's usually just hate crimes.” Pulling your legs off the desk and returning to a normal sitting position you finish, “So, what else do I need to know, and when can I start?”
>> No. 7474
* * *

Silence.

The only thing on the streets right now, aside from you, is silence. Not even the cicadas sing this evening. At the end of the dark street lies the beginnings of a dirt path. Once leading up to an obscure shrine, it's now well known as path to the Hakurei Shrine: The place through which people, and monsters, enter in to Gensokyo. The only escape from the people that hunt you, the people that don't understand that you're just trying to protect them from the Others.

Pushing off the concrete with your legs, you propel yourself forward, landing on all fours, then pushing off again, leaping through the dark streets, accompanied by naught but the silence. The gate looms before you as you approach, closer and closer with every leap. Planting yourself firmly on the ground, then leaping up, you easily clear the ten foot high, wrought iron gate, landing quietly in the dirt on the other side. One step, no, leap, closer to freedom. The miko may try to stop you, but you're fast. Faster than any human, at least.

Hopping up in to the trees, you resume your journey to the shrine, silently passing from branch to branch, bringing yourself ever closer to that freedom. Freedom from the humans, but not from the Others. You can never be free from the Others until you kill every last one of them. The shrine finally appears in your view, large torii rising from the ground, beyond them, a old style Japanese shrine, surrounded by a stone wall.

Leaping out of the tree, you land softly on the ground near the wall, digging a claw in to the stone and pulling yourself up, climbing to the top. Peeking over the crest of the wall gives you an excellent view of the front of the shrine. Two figures sit outside, one clad in what appears to be a red and white garb. The shrine's miko, of course. The one who will do her best to stop your freedom. The other, a smaller girl in a dress, horns extending from both sides of her head. She laughs and lifts an object to her lips, before flopping on her back and stretching out.

From what you've heard, the border is weak these days. Pushing through the building and out the other side should be enough. The flimsy wooden frame and rice paper walls can't stop you. Perching on top of the wall, the miko spots you. Jumping up from her seat, and raising a stick while pointing a piece of paper at you, she shouts something. But it doesn't matter.

A solid push off the wall sends you hurtling towards the shrine, faster than she can move. A burst of light shoots past you, illuminating the area behind you before fading away. Your body breaks through the walls, and you catch yourself on the floor for a moment, regaining your footing and balance before taking another leap. The walls buckle and shatter as your body rips through them, tearing a straight hole from front to back.

Another shout from behind, and a flurry of needles this time. As the final wall breaks, the tips of the needles impale themselves in your hide, throwing your balance off, but not stopping you. This girl won't stop your freedom, she can't. A final leap clears the wall, a cloud of needles passing you harmlessly as you drop on to the other side, sprinting in to the forest to leave your assailant behind.

* * *

Rain streaks down the sides of the black car as it approaches the gate. It hasn't let up since you got to the building, nor since you left. Ripples of thunder can still be heard in the gray skies. Satou, sitting across from you, picks up a small device and clicks the button on the front, as the large gates heft themselves out of the way.

“Unfortunately,” Satou turns his gaze to you, “Jiro and you walk from here. The driver can't take the car up to the road by himself.” Opening a compartment to his left, Satou removes two small radios and hands them to you and Jiro. “Use these to keep in touch with each other. Mr. Takahashi will remain in the shrine where it's safe and help you to the best of his ability.”

Jiro gives you a smile and a nod, pocketing the radio in his lab coat, before pushing open the door and stepping out of the car. The general stares at you intently as you grab your bag and prepare to leave the car as well, speaking as you step out. “I'd rather not send the Japanese military in to Gensokyo. I expect you to handle this. If you can't, don't bother coming back to the outside.” Slamming the car door in his face, you walk towards the dirt path, Jiro following behind you. As soon as you step on the dirt, you can hear the car streaking off behind you.

The torrents of rain continue to assail you ceaselessly, as you trudge up the trail to the shrine. Behind you, the noise of a throat clearing can be heard. “Duke. I want to ask something of you,” Jiro states quietly.

Tossing a glance over your shoulder, and a curt, “What?”, you continue walking, Jiro managing to keep pace.

“This target Duke. I want you to bring him in alive, for me. I'll toss in some extra on top of what you're being paid, if you make absolutely sure he lives.” Looking behind you, that grim visage that Jiro had on his face earlier has returned.

“What, you want to study him yourself, doc? Can't you study a corpse?” you reply off-handedly. Jiro moves up to your side, walking backwards and looking at you.

“No, Duke. I don't care about studying him. I just think that Kou--,” he coughs, “the subject is still a human inside. Though he has changed, I believe we can salvage his humanity.”

Scoffing at him, you respond, “Youkai are youkai, even if they were once human. Don't give me that crap about 'salvaging his humanity'. I'll still try to bring him in alive anyway, because the department pays more for live subjects.”

He grabs your shoulder, stopping you for a moment. “I see why they employed you. You don't care about youkai, you probably even hate them. This is just a paycheck to you, isn't it, Duke?”

Grabbing the hand on your shoulder, you push him off of you. “I don't hate youkai. Just the ones who've lost their way, Jiro. The same goes for humans.”

He breaks his gaze from you, and the both of you resume the walk to the shrine, silent the rest of the way. The structure finally appears before you, an old Japanese building, constructed of wood and rice paper. Fairly normal, except for the gaping hole passing through one side of the building. On the front porch of the structure stands a young girl, clothed in the standard fare of a shrine maiden, a stick in one hand and a large ribbon planted firmly on her head.

Passing through the torii, and past the stone walls, you enter the courtyard of the shrine. She stares you down from a distance, arms crossed in defiance. Step by step, you slowly approach the main structure and the woman, her resolve unwavering, as her eyes pierce through you to the very core.

She finally speaks as you reach her, pointing that stick in your face as she does so, “It took you long enough to get here. They said you'd be coming a few days ago. I have some idea of what you're here for, and we can talk inside. But first, I'd like to know who you and your friend are.” That hostile gaze passes from you, to Jiro, and then back to you again.

[ ] Introduce yourself, and then Jiro.
[ ] Cross your arms, meet her gaze and stare her down. You won't let this girl intimidate you.
[ ] Push past the girl without saying anything.
[ ] Push her aside, stating, “I don't have time for you, little girl. I've got a youkai to catch.”
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 7475
>The driver can't take the car up to the road by himself."

This should read "The driver can't bring the car up the dirt road by himself", implying that they'd have to get out and push due to the weather.
>> No. 7476
I'd also like to add that any time you see "* * *", it's a change in perspective to another character. Duke is the main character, but not the only perspective you'll be seeing the story from.
>> No. 7477
[x] Introduce yourself, and then Jiro.
>> No. 7478
{X} Introduce yourself, and then Jiro.

No reason to be impolite.
>> No. 7479
[X] Introduce yourself, and then Jiro.

Though in a rather crude way. Let us show Reimu that we will not allow her being a bitch towards us.
>> No. 7484
[X] Introduce yourself, and then Jiro.
>> No. 7485
[x] Introduce yourself, and then Jiro.
>> No. 7487
[x] Introduce yourself, and then Jiro.
>> No. 7489
File 12186639384.jpg - (358.93KB , 602x850 , 1208389535329.jpg ) [iqdb]
7489
Bit of a shorter update, since I'm at the point where I'm now giving anon more choices.
---
[x] Introduce yourself, then Jiro.

Introduce yourself, huh? Guess this girl hasn't heard of you. Can't blame her, looks like she never leaves the shrine. “Name's Duke. Bounty hunter for the department,” as you finish, you jab a thumb in the direction of Jiro, “And that's Jiro. Doc. Science-boy, whatever you want to call him.” Jiro sighs audibly, raising his hands in defeat.

“Department?” Reimu replies, “The people from the government I spoke to a few days ago, right?”

Giving a curt nod to her, you speak again, “Yeah, that's them. Now then, who might you be?” You lean forward towards her, grinning as you do so.

Her expression eases somewhat after you've introduced yourself, though her face still makes something of a scowl. Her angry face is almost kind of cute, in a twisted sort of way. Maybe it's because she's this little girl, putting on a show to seem big. Finally, she speaks. “Reimu Hakurei. Shrine maiden of the Hakurei Shrine. Might as well bring you inside now, we have much to discuss.” She sighs after that statement, then follows it up, “I'll get someone to put on tea. Come with me.”

Turning on her heel, she walks off in to the shrine, as Jiro and yourself step up on to the shrine, beneath the awning, finally out of the torrential rain. Following her through the hallways, twisting and turning every so often, the shrine seems much larger on the inside than it appears to be from the outside, probably an effect of the border it sits on. She finally stops, sliding open one of those rice-paper doors, and gesturing you inside. “In, and sit. I'll be back shortly, I'll get that tea put on.” She slides the door shut behind you, as you take a seat at a low table in the center of the room.

Jiro suddenly pipes up after you're seated, “Hey Duke, what do you think of that shrine maiden?”

Thinking it over for a moment, you let out a short laugh. “Lazy, she's getting someone else to make the tea, after all. As well as rude and hostile.. But kind of cute, regardless. Why?”

“Huh, didn't expect that. No reason, just won--” Jiro is suddenly cut off by the sound of a loud crash, and the shout of an angry shrine maiden. You can hear the feet of people stomping around in a nearby room.

[ ] Sit here, it's none of your concern.
[ ] Slide the door open and look through to the corridor.
[ ] Leave the room, look for the source of the shouting.
[ ] Write in.
>> No. 7490
{X} Chill.
>> No. 7494
[x] Slide the door open and look through to the corridor.
>> No. 7495
[x] Chill

Channeling the spirit of Nemo.
>> No. 7496
[ ] Sit here, it's none of your concern.

or in otherwords


[ ] Chill
>> No. 7497
[x] Slide the door open and look through to the corridor, impassively.
[x] Slide the door back shut.
>> No. 7499
Going to bed. At least one, probably two updates tomorrow.
>> No. 7533
[ ] Slide the door open and look through to the corridor.
>> No. 7543
[x] Slide the corridor open and look through the door.
>> No. 7551
>>7499
>At least one, probably two updates tomorrow.

derp
>> No. 7601
UPDATE
>> No. 7675
WHERE DID YOU GO.
>> No. 7731
I'll be back soon. I had a shit time this past weekend, plus been out constantly during the day and coming home tired and lazy.
>> No. 7752
[x] Slide the door open and look through to the corridor.
>> No. 7753
WRITING
>> No. 7754
>>7753

hooray.jpg
>> No. 7755
File 121936649862.jpg - (367.21KB , 1024x769 , 1206279203334.jpg ) [iqdb]
7755
[x] Slide the door open and look through to the corridor.
---

STOMP STOMP STOMP.

The sound of feet can be heard in one of the nearby rooms, accompanied by a cacophony of crashing and tearing noises. Shouting can be heard, first Reimu, then an unrecognized voice after it. Reimu sounds to be very angry, while the other seems to be on the verge of crying. A slam of one of the sliding doors in the other room rings out, followed by feet stomping and running through the halls.

Jiro stares at you expectantly, waiting for you to do something. “What?”, is all you reply to his silent expectations.

He speaks to you, “Aren't you going to go make sure Reimu is alright, Duke? What if she's in dang--”

You suddenly cut Jiro off, speaking over him, “Alright, I'll check. Just shut up for a minute, doc.”

As you push yourself up on to your feet, you can hear the movement in the other rooms getting a bit closer now. Stepping over to the door, you're able to make out some of what's being said, as the shouting ceases to end.

One voice, clearly Reimu's, shouts out, “You worthless, drunken oni! You can't even make tea right! I should've kicked you out of the shrine a long time ago!”

The second voice is one you haven't heard until now. The speech sounds like that of a young girl, younger than Reimu, but heavily slurred from drinking. “Reimu!” the voice cries out, “Shtop being sho meeeean!”.

The footsteps and noises get closer and closer, as you slide open the door a bit, poking your head out to look around. Seeing nothing, you push the door open the rest of the way, stepping out in to the corridor. That's when it hits you. In the literal sense, not figuratively. You feel the impact of a small body against you, long before her scream reaches your ears. As a sharp horn pierce through your lungs, you can feel every bone in your body breaking. The impact of the small girl throws the two of you against the far wall of the hallway, crushing the life out of you, as the wall collapses on top of both of you.

BAD END.
>> No. 7756
>>7755

'the fuck is this shit?
>> No. 7757
File 121936698821.jpg - (27.61KB , 300x250 , 060203.jpg ) [iqdb]
7757
First to five from this point on.

Don't worry, that was just a fake bad end I thought up while writing this. Not canon~

[x] Slide the door open and look through to the corridor.
---

STOMP STOMP STOMP.

The sound of feet can be heard in one of the nearby rooms, accompanied by a cacophony of crashing and tearing noises. Shouting can be heard, first Reimu, then an unrecognized voice after it. Reimu sounds to be very angry, while the other seems to be on the verge of crying. A slam of one of the sliding doors in the other room rings out, followed by feet stomping and running through the halls.

Jiro stares at you expectantly, waiting for you to do something. “What?”, is all you reply to his silent expectations.

He speaks to you, “Aren't you going to go make sure Reimu is alright, Duke? What if she's in dang--”

You suddenly cut Jiro off, speaking over him, “Alright, I'll check. Just shut up for a minute, doc.”

As you push yourself up on to your feet, you can hear the movement in the other rooms getting a bit closer now. Stepping over to the door, you're able to make out some of what's being said, as the shouting ceases to end.

One voice, clearly Reimu's, shouts out, “You worthless, drunken oni! You can't even make tea right! I should've kicked you out of the shrine a long time ago!”

The second voice is one you haven't heard until now. The speech sounds like that of a young girl, younger than Reimu, but heavily slurred from drinking. “Reimu!” the voice cries out, “Shtop being sho meeeean!”

The footsteps and noises get closer and closer, as you slide open the door a bit, poking your head out to look around. Seeing nothing, you push the door open the rest of the way, stepping out in to the corridor. That's when it hits you. In the literal sense, not figuratively. You feel the impact of a small body against you, long before her scream reaches your ears. You're thrown to the ground, as the wind is knocked out of you.

You lay flat on your back, your body aching all over. Nothing feels as if it's broken, but it's sore. So very, very sore. A small, orange-haired, horned girl lays on top of you in a daze, moaning incoherently, mumbling something about Reimu being mean. Despite the girl's small size, it feels like you're laying under the weight of a small car. Reimu runs up to the two of you, scowling at the girl, before turning to you with an apologetic look, sighing as she does so.

She grabs the horned girl's arm, struggling to pull her off of you, and talking as she does so, “I'm sorry about that, I asked Suika to make tea, and she wrecked the kitchen and ran off.” Letting out another sigh, she continues, “I don't think she expected the guests to be wandering the halls,” that sympathetic look instantly turns in to a scowl, “And just what WERE you doing anyway? I told you to stay put.”

Laying there, still out of breath, you attempt to recollect yourself before answering. Unfortunately, the look on Reimu's face is one of impatience. She wants an answer, and she wants one now.

[ ] Tell her you were concerned about her.
[ ] Say you wanted to explore the shrine a bit.
[ ] Blame Jiro.
[ ] Write in.
>> No. 7758
[ ] Blame Jiro.

Where the fuck is my hulk maniac bitch?
>> No. 7759
[x] Blame Jiro.

It's always the tech-guy's fault.
>> No. 7760
[ ] Blame Jiro.
>> No. 7761
[ ] Tell her you were concerned about her.

Reimu route, go!
>> No. 7763
File 121937264050.jpg - (214.22KB , 640x480 , 13736.jpg ) [iqdb]
7763
[x] Blame Jiro.

You know, since we're Golgo 13, I think the BAD ENDS need to consist of Duke effortlessly dodging what could've killed him, followed by him looking at us like the retards we are, and running off to complete the mission on his own, without our help. And then he bangs every woman in Gensokyo.
>> No. 7764
>>7763
You have the name, that doesn't mean you absolutely are him. It will affect your abilities somewhat, but you aren't undefeatable.
>> No. 7765
>>7763
>You know, since we're Golgo 13, I think the BAD ENDS need to consist of Duke effortlessly dodging what could've killed him, followed by him looking at us like the retards we are

oh god I lol'd
>> No. 7766
[x] Blame Jiro. "Takahashi was concerned by the commotion."

Let's at least be dignified about it.
>> No. 7776
[futile] "Anyone would have gotten curious about a racket like that. Had to check."
>> No. 7781
[ ] Blame Jiro
>> No. 7816
[x] Blame Jiro.
>> No. 7925
update
>> No. 7936
College started monday, I do classes from monday through thursday. I'll update weekends (Fri-Sun) until I'm settled in my classes and ahead on work.
>> No. 7958
I'm not trying to pressure you, but it's the weekend now.
>> No. 7984
Better luck next weekend.
>> No. 8077
ITS THE WEEKEND YOU FUCK. WHERE ARE THE UPDATES.
>> No. 8169
DEAD~
D-E-A-D~
D-E-DEAD~
>> No. 8171
File 122124188476.jpg - (28.71KB , 480x359 , you are dead.jpg ) [iqdb]
8171
you are dead goes in every field

also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6iT-lMgfAI
>> No. 8175
I'm not dead, I'm just lazy. Yell at me on IRC if you'd like.
>> No. 8814
I yelled at you on IRC. I'm going to yell at you now here too.

Update!
>> No. 8868
File 12243968914.jpg - (101.26KB , 333x327 , 1210305439519.jpg ) [iqdb]
8868
Reposted, fixed some formatting that didn't carry over from OO. Oops.

[x] Blame Jiro

---

Gathering your breath, you reply to Reimu, “Hey, calm down. I only came out here because Jiro told me to. He was concerned about you because of all the noise.”

The upset look on Reimu's face fades for the time being, replaced by one of curiosity. She looks over her shoulder, in the direction of the open room where Jiro still sits at the table. “Eh? Jiro was concerned about me? Well, I guess that's alright then. But you still should've stayed in the room, a girl like me can handle herself!” She lets go of the orange haired girl, the weight of her dropping back on to you, placing her hands on her hips, failing to realize what she did.

Pushed back down against the floor, you lay there under the heft of this small girl. A light snoring noise can be heard coming from the girl, and a string of drool now hangs from her lip. She's out, sleeping like a log on top of you. Reimu sighs audibly, and crosses her arms, speaking again, “I guess I'll go clean up the kitchen and make that tea myself, then,” she turns on her heel, starting to walk away, then adding, “Oh, and tell Jiro I said thanks for his concern.” You manage to catch a bit of a smile on her face before she turns entirely away and walks off down the corridor.

“Guess I'll have to deal with this myself,” you mutter, looking down at the sleeping girl. Now that you have a moment, you can take a better look at her. She's young, looking to be about the age and size teenage girl, the primary difference being that the average teenage girl doesn't have two large horns protruding from her skull, both done up with ribbons. She's dressed in a somewhat tattered shirt and a long skirt, multiple chains hanging off of her, each ending in a different shape. From the angle she lays at, you can notice that a bit of her smooth chest is exposed. Although this is hardly the time to think about such things, you turn your head away.

As for the corridor around you, the walls are slightly damaged, and the floor is scuffed. A large gourd lays near the wall to your left, liquid pouring out of it and on to the ground. Despite being trapped, you can reach the gourd and its stopper. Grabbing at it, you seal it up and set it back down on the ground, the girl mumbling in her sleep as you fumble with the gourd. With a combination of pushing her, and sliding yourself out, you manage to free yourself from her weight. She makes an audible 'thud' as she comes to rest on the floor, not having awoken from her slumber yet.

Standing up, you brush yourself off, and stretch a bit. From this point, you decide to..

[ ] Return to Jiro.
[ ] Explore the shrine.
[ ] Find Reimu to:
--[ ] Assist her with the tea
--[ ] Talk to her about ____
[ ] Write-In

Sub-Vote:
[ ] Bring the sleeping girl with you.
[ ] Let her rest there.

Hint: When voting, consider items in the area that could be taken with you. This could have an impact on the game as a whole. Some may be useless junk, some may have value.
>> No. 8875
[x] Explore the shrine.
[x] Bring the sleeping girl with you.

Holy shit you actually updated.
>> No. 8877
>>8875
Yeah man, I got in the shower at 1 AM during the Saturday D&D session, and was hit with inspiration.
>> No. 8879
[x] Explore the shrine.
[x] Bring the sleeping girl with you.
[x] Bring her gourd as well. No use leaving it laying on the floor.
>> No. 8881
>>8869

changing to

[x] Molest Suika

[x] Explore the shrine.
[x] Bring the sleeping girl with you.
[x] Bring her gourd as well. No use leaving it laying on the floor.
>> No. 8884
[x] Molest Suika

[x] Explore the shrine.
[x] Bring the sleeping girl with you.
[x] Bring her gourd as well. No use leaving it laying on the floor.

Very well then. Time to live up to Golgo 13's name by banging Suika, then banging Yukari, and then banging Reimu, and then any other chick we find.
>> No. 8885
[x] Molest Suika

[x] Explore the shrine.
[x] Bring the sleeping girl with you.
[x] Bring her gourd as well. No use leaving it laying on the floor.
>> No. 8886
>>8884

>Yukari

Not in my /forest/ you won't.
>> No. 8887
File 122446577827.jpg - (70.12KB , 528x640 , 1210327633972.jpg ) [iqdb]
8887
An interesting turn of events to say the least. I've never written H before, not even softcore, so let me know how it is. And yes, you are getting away with this, but it will have repercussions in the future.

[x] Molest Suika
[x] Explore the shrine
--[x] Bring the sleeping girl with you.
--[x] Bring her gourd as well. No use leaving it laying on the floor.

---

You look back down towards the sleeping girl. She appears so peaceful, a content look upon her face, and a strand of drool still hanging down from her lips. It's certainly one of the more adorable sights you've seen, and somewhat erotic as well, the image of her smooth chest still fresh in your mind. You could probably explore a bit further, but not in the hallway where someone could catch you in the act. Grabbing the gourd, then placing it firmly in your underarm, you move over to the weighty little girl and hoist her up in to your arms, taking a moment to regain your balance after doing so.

Carefully maneuvering down the hallway, which, despite your strength, is a fairly slow and difficult process given her heft, you search for an empty room with futons in it. If you're going to explore, you might as well make her comfortable, since she's less likely to awaken. Passing by a number of rooms, you hunt for one whose door is slightly ajar, so as to open it with your feet, seeing as you've got your hands full otherwise.

After a few minutes of exploration within the shrine, which definitely is larger on the inside than it appears to be from the exterior, salvation appears to be at hand! Reaching a partially opened room, you slip your foot in to the gap and slide it open, quickly moving in to the room, and setting her down on an already laid out futon, and the gourd next to her. It's somewhat curious that the room you picked was already prepared, but you push it out of your mind. Returning to the door, you close it quietly, and then sit down near the sleeping girl.

She lays there quietly, her chest rising and falling as she breathes in and out. Reaching towards her chest, you gently unbutton her shirt, sliding it away, revealing the smooth, lightly colored flesh underneath. Two pink nipples stand semi-erect on her chest, probably hardening from the cold she's now exposed to. Carefully, you brush your fingers across her soft flesh, placing the tips of your index fingers atop her nipples, eliciting a quiet moan from her in response. She doesn't stir otherwise though, and you continue.

Lightly pinching them invokes another quiet moan, followed by a slight shudder. Still, she does not wake. You lay the palms of your hands on her tiny breasts, placing each nipple between your fingers, gently kneading and rubbing her supple chest. She sharply inhales, her face reddening in response to the affection she's being given by your hands. Letting off of her breast with your right hand, you slowly make your way down her stomach, gently stroking it as the hand descends. You release the other breast, leaning down to take the now fully hardened nipple in to your mouth, sucking gently at it. You're met by a short series of soft moans, and some squirming on her part.

As you continue you enjoy yourself above, your hand reaches the belt she's wearing, loosening it and then sliding beneath her skirt. Your concentration is broken though, as the quiet giggle of a woman echoes throughout the room. Looking at your sleeping beauty, it's apparent that she still hasn't awoken, so it wasn't her. Your eyes dart around the room, catching sight of nothing. Then the voice speaks, almost a whisper in your ear, “My, you're a naughty one for an outsider,” she says, followed by another giggle, and then, “I wonder what Reimu would think if she knew of this. You're lucky she needs you,” the voice finishes, in a sort of sing-song tone.

Suddenly, your stomach lurches, and your vision is filled with an endless sea of eyes watching you, expanding infinitely in every direction. The sensation ends almost as quickly as it began, as the floor of the room you're in swiftly approaches both you, and the girl who now seems to be above you. A loud crack resounds through the room as the two of you collapse on the floor, her on top of you, still exposed for all the world to see. The voice returns again, for a moment, “I wonder how you'll get out of this one~”.

The orange-haired girl groans, starting to awaken from her alcohol induced sleep, with you still trapped beneath her.

[ ] Write-in only.
>> No. 8897
Should add: Some of your choices in the introduction will impact your abilities and skills. Remember, you aren't necessarily Golgo 13 entirely.
>> No. 8901
Going to bed, will try to update atleast once tomorrow.
>> No. 8906
What the fuck, people.

Seriously.
>> No. 8908
>>8906

This was me creating at least one update in this CYOA that was completely awesome and appealed to my tastes in characters before we got too wound up in chasing a specific route because no one goes after the Suika routes sadly and so I wanted to experience some delicious pettan while the oppurtunity was there. When I initially did it, it was half a joke and then talks with Tsuru made it become more of a reality when I realized it wouldn't just end up in a bad end, and so then I started thinking of ways to work things back to normal since I didn't want to leave Duke in a hole with no way to get out.

In the end, it all just boils down to pettan pettan tsurupettan~ though.

Vote to continue the story though. My votes should at least put things back on track I would hope.
>> No. 8910
File 122448679477.jpg - (96.33KB , 720x480 , taniguchi.jpg ) [iqdb]
8910
[x] Slide her off you, stand up and get in the doorway. Pretend you're just coming in.
[x] Adjust your tie/collar.
[x] "Sorry about that, enjoy yourself."
[x] Leave posthaste.
>> No. 8911
gee it sure is THIS SHRINE around here
>> No. 8916
[x] Slide her off you, stand up and get in the doorway. Pretend you're just coming in.
[x] Adjust your tie/collar.
[x] "Sorry about that, enjoy yourself."
[x] Leave posthaste.
>> No. 8918
[x] Slide her off you, stand up and get in the doorway. Pretend you're just coming in.
[x] Adjust your tie/collar.
[x] "Sorry about that, enjoy yourself."
[x] Leave posthaste.
>> No. 8930
[x] Slide her off you, stand up and get in the doorway. Pretend you're just coming in.
[x] Adjust your tie/collar.
[x] "Sorry about that, enjoy yourself."
[x] Leave posthaste.

>>8911
It'd be Shrine if it was Mima that caught us, not Yukari. Not to mention that Yukari would be too busy banging the antagonist of the story to bother doing something like this if it were Shrine.
>> No. 8971
>>8930

I was toying with either Yukari or Aya catching you. Yukari seemed more entertaining to me.
>> No. 9081
Update, you can hot glue figures some other time.
>> No. 9462
>>9081

I concur with Mode. Even with all the free time you had today, you didn't update. Less hot glue, more writing.