[Return]
Archived thread

File 121850808590.jpg - (72.81KB , 600x640 , 89c3917643f010d131314124520c1ce9.jpg ) [iqdb]
7416 No. 7416
Okay, new thread guys and congratulation on dodging a handful of BAD ENDs already.

[x] Dream of light
-------------------------------------------

White, all around you is nothing but white. It is an empty void with no sense of direction or way of orientating yourself. It seems like it could go on forever. The silence this place holds unnerves you as the only thing you can hear is the friction of your bones as you move around aimlessly. Even though you are standing on something it looks as if you are floating. This place, it feels like a dream but your perception is far clearer. You think that it might be some type of lucid dream but then again you wouldn’t be dreaming of some god damn parallel dimension.

“Well, well, well, you seem to be doing quite fine considering everything.” a female voice calls out from nowhere.

Your head swivels back and forth but you see nothing, “Is that you God?” you say jokingly, “Is this heaven, because if this is I want a refund. Wait--I can’t be dead.”

“Oh, and why is that?” she says amused by your words.

“Because I’m fucking awesome that’s why.” a grin curves around your face, “So who are you, where am I, and why should I care?”

“This is but a dream and who I might be is not of importance.” she says bluntly, “Your presence here is what is of importance. You being here in this world is not without reason or its merit and neither is that of your friends. A great unknown presence has come into Gensokyo, the likes which none have been seen before. Not by I or by anyone else”

Your eyes narrow with suspicion. This woman, it sounds like someone who knows a great deal about your predicament, someone with the power to transport someone across worlds. It sounds like this Yukari person. Your fist clenches tight and you hope that she’ll appear before you so that your fist and her face can get better acquainted.

“And let me guess, I’ve been brought here to stop this supreme evil right? That’s what it says in the book right? You know, the book of totally cliché and unoriginal reasons to become a hero.” you cross your arms, “Get the hell out here! I’m going to KILL YOU for sending me here and turning me into a chick!”

“Oh, in that case I won’t show myself but I will show you this.” suddenly everything goes black and you think you’re blind until hundreds and hundreds of glowing red slits appear in the darkness. They’re eyes, “I expect great things from you.”

You hold a fighting stance expecting a fiend to attack, “Yeah, my English teacher said that once.” you say dryly.

“The rules are different now. Those of your world and those of this world do not coincide. We shall meet again but alas I tire of such talk. It can be so depressing. A drink would be nice. Maybe when we meet we can talk over some nice sake.”

You open your mouth to say something witty back but the darkness closes in around you. It’s heavy, you feel like your suffocating. Suddenly your eyes snap open and you’re back in Mystia’s food stand. Wiping the sweat from your forehead you realize it’s already morning. Worse night of sleep you can remember and your back is killing you. That damn Mystia, you whished she’d let you at least share her freaking bed. You feel like she deserves a peace of your mind.

Getting off the counter you soon realize that Mystia is no where to be seen. Her bed has already been put away and a small note, addressed to you, has been left pinned to a cabinet. You mutter angrily thinking that breakfast would have been too much to ask from her too and begin to read.

------------------------
Went to catch more lamprey. I’ll be back in a little bit so go see Rinnosuke but be careful and don’t be gone long. Head north.
------------------------

“Head north? Does it look like I have a god damn compass on me?!” you crumple up the note and throw it across the room, “Clothes would be too much to ask too huh? But you know, walking around in the forest in boxers and a shirt is just fine! Yeah sure, that’s normal.”

You yell angrily all the way outside, going from one subject to another until you fully realize that if anyone does see you they’ll think you’re insane, not that you really care. Sighing heavily you look onward into the forest. You wonder what the hell was that crazy women was talking about. Those eyes, they looked like eyes of fiends but they couldn’t be here, could they? Shaking your head you clear your mind to the task at hand.

[ ] Go see Rinnosuke, you want your weapons
[ ] Explore the area, see if anyone else is around
[ ] Look for fiends, you need something to kill right about now

>> No. 7417
[x] Look for your clothes; Kevlar doesn't grow on trees.
[x] Go see Rinnosuke, you want your weapons
>> No. 7419
[+] Look for your clothes; Kevlar doesn't grow on trees.
[+] Go see Rinnosuke, you want your weapons.
>> No. 7420
[x] Look for your clothes; Kevlar doesn't grow on trees.
[x] Go see Rinnosuke, you want your weapons

Kourin!/
>> No. 7421
[x] Look for your clothes; Kevlar doesn't grow on trees.
[x] Go see Rinnosuke, you want your weapons
>> No. 7422
[x] Look for your clothes; Kevlar doesn't grow on trees.
[x] Go see Rinnosuke, you want your weapons
>> No. 7436
[x] Look for your clothes; Kevlar doesn't grow on trees.
[x] Go see Rinnosuke, you want your weapons
>> No. 7447
File 12186004391.jpg - (901.15KB , 681x1024 , Dead_men___Dead_men____by_Ozas.jpg ) [iqdb]
7447
[x] Look for your clothes; Kevlar doesn't grow on trees.
[x] Go see Rinnosuke, you want your weapons
------------------------------------------

Running your fingers through your hair you let out a sigh. Ranting aside, it would be best to find where your clothes might have gone after your little adventure with Mystia last night. At the very least you should find your Kevlar vest. Picking up your backpack you throw it over your should with your shotgun and with pistol in hand head onward into the forest. If someone has taken them for some type of prank the little bastards have probably thrown them all over the forest. That's the only reason you can think of why someone would steal them in the first place.

Assuming that this place’s sun rises and sets in the same place as your own world you guess that you are going north, but in this large forest you don’t hear anything. No bugs, no birds, no animals, nothing. It’s bad to hear something in the brush but it’s when you don’t hear anything that you begin to think something has gone aria.

As you walk you notice the trees and plants beginning to look--strange. Everything looks unhealthy, like it hasn’t been watered in mounts and the further you go the worse it gets. The trees begin to blacken, the leaves being replaced with the dismembered limps of humans bodies. Their mouths hang open with glazed eyes, looking back at you as if to say go back. Dark blood pools the ground, staining the dead grass and dirt crimson.

“Well, this sucks.” you mutter, lowering your head so that the hanging intestines from a body above you doesn’t touch, “Not the best way to start off the morning.” you shiver, it feels like the dead eyes are following your every move.

Suddenly something darts across the trees into the small path. The creature is fairly large, maybe that of the size of a lion. Sharp spike curve along its spine, it’s blade like fingers gripping the ground menacingly. Its body is of simplicity with no curves or creases like that of skin. It is a shadow of simplicity, a living silhouette.

You take a step backwards surprised that a fiend stands before you and that’s when its head snaps in your directions. A woven set of teeth open, blood dripping from each stalagmite-like tooth, it lets out a horrendous roar and charges at breakneck speed towards you.

There is only a moment before its teeth are clamped firmly into your body.

[ ] Use your shotgun
[ ] Use your pistol
[ ] Tear it apart
[ ] Run away
>> No. 7451
>>7449
it's already gotten us in its mouth

[ ] Use your pistol
>> No. 7452
[x] Use your pistol

I'M SORRY THAT IT HAD TO COME TO THIS, MR REDSHIRT YOUKAI

If only you were Rumia, then I would've ruffled your hair instead of blowing your brains out!
>> No. 7453
[x] Use your pistol
>> No. 7454
[x] Use your shotgun

>>7449
This isn't a youkai, this is one of the shadow monster... thingies... that Kai and fellow thugs fought and killed for a living.
>> No. 7492
[x] Use your shotgun
[x] Throw off a cheesy one-liner

"Chew on this, you freak."
>> No. 7501
[x] Use your shotgun
>> No. 7502
[x] Use your shotgun
>> No. 7504
[x] Use your shotgun

Let's turn its head into blood pudding
>> No. 7506
File 121868894633.jpg - (475.32KB , 1280x960 , 1215663055817.jpg ) [iqdb]
7506
[x] Use your shotgun
----------------------------------

In a split second you pull your shotgun from your back but the moment of hesitation of how to kill the fiend has taken its toll. The gap between you and the fiend has closed to the point where you are too close to be able to fire and before you can jump back the fiend topples on you. There’s a loud thud as you hit the ground, the shotgun sideways in the fiend’s mouth is all that’s saved you.

Glowing red eyes stare into yours as the shotgun begins to creak and snap from the force of its jaw. Quickly, you place your feet on its stomach and hurl it over your body. The fiend flies fifteen feet behind you, rolling across the ground until coming to a stop as it smashes into a tree. Getting up you turn down to examine the shotgun. It’s completely ruined. The stock is cracked, the breach crushed, and the barrel kinked.

You shake with anger, “That coast me four hundred dollars!“ It hisses back at you, claws drawn, “You wanna play huh, well those aren’t a pair of claws.” you clench your fingers and each nail rises to a point, “These are claws. Let‘s see who‘s the better monster huh?”

The fiend’s head cocks to the side crazily to the point that it might break then hurdles at you. Without missing a beat you simply take a step to the left and slice the fiend in half from the waist. Thick black blood explodes from its abdomen and splatters over your arm and everywhere behind you. A light grin appears on your face. You are a demon and it was a fiend, this is just one of the outcomes of such a match up, but when you turn around something shocks you.

It’s still alive.

“What--the--hell?” you mutter.

Both halves of the fiend are still moving and even more are beginning to regenerate back. It doesn’t seem real, even they’ve never possessed this kind of power. They may be some type of shadow monster but damage such as this always killed them before. It doesn’t make sense. You think that maybe this is what that women spoke of when she said the rules are different. Right now though, you don’t care. It’s going to die one way or another.

Approaching its head you take hold of the roof of its mouth, “Regenerate this.” and with one pull you rip the top of its head clean off as blood spurts across your face.

No movement, no growling, it is finally dead. Slowly the body begins to turn of ash and dust as if a invisible fire was burning away its wretched body. All that remains of what has happened here are the dead bodies, hanging lifelessly from the tress and yourself. Silence fills the air once more. A cold wind blows, picking up the blood spattered leafs and scattering them across the forest.

You stand there puzzled. The trees, the grass, its as if the life has been sucked out of them. Nothing makes sense. These are not the same creatures you’ve dealt with before. Even their ferocity and sanity seems different. ‘It was only a class 2-D but all this? How the hell did it suck out the plants life force to begin with? God damnit, what a great fucking morning this turned out to be’ you think intensely.

“Well, even for a yokai this seems a bit much ze.”

You flinch, turning to see the witch from the other day, floating on her broom, “Oh hey it’s yo from--whoa, whoa, whoa, back up. You think I did this?! I didn’t do this damnit, a fiend did.”

She blinks absentminded at you, “Say wha? What’s a fiend ze? That some type of yokai or somethin?” She rolls up her sleeves, “Well I’m not one to involve myself in such matters but since Reimu ain’t here I guess I’ll just have to handle you ze. Can‘t be having pesky yokai going around killing village folk and what not ze.”

Clenching your fist you can’t help but feel angry. These damn primitive people, they don’t know anything and explaining everything to them is driving you nuts. No matter how much good you do this type of shit always seems to follow you.

[ ] Explain to her what happened, using small words should work
[ ] Fight her, you killed that monster so how much trouble could she be?
[ ] Change the subject, ask where you can find Rinnosuke
----------------------------------------

Well, so much for the shotgun but hey you don't need it later on--or do you?
>> No. 7507
[ ] Change the subject, ask where you can find Rinnosuke
>> No. 7508
[ ] Change the subject, ask where you can find Rinnosuke
>> No. 7509
[x] Change the subject, ask if she's seen your clothes.

We put her on the defensive if we can get her to admit she just sold our clothes to Kourin.
>> No. 7510
[+] Explain to her what happened, using small words should work.
>> No. 7516
[x] Change the subject, ask if she's seen your clothes.

I can get behind this.
>> No. 7522
[x] Change the subject, ask if she's seen your clothes.

Need kevlar
>> No. 7528
[x] Explain to her what happened, using small words should work.
>> No. 7546
File 121877348146.jpg - (83.95KB , 500x600 , 503488dab37db4fcf72da8559e6695af.jpg ) [iqdb]
7546
[x] Change the subject, ask if she's seen your clothes.
[X] Change the subject, ask where you can find Rinnosuke
-------------------------------------------

Letting out a heart filled sigh you scratch your head in frustration. There is only so much fighting you can do before even it gets boring. She doesn’t seem all that bright to begin with, so not seeming like you want to fight will probably get you out of this situation anyway.

“Hey, you wouldn’t happened to know where I can find a guy named Rinnosuke? Oh and have you seen a bunch of clothes, I kinda lost them. The vest I kinda need and it would be nice to be dressed in something other then a shirt and boxers.”

The witch looks up thinking, “Goin to see Kourin eh? And what would you be going to see him about ze?” she leans over her broom, tipping her hat back with a mischievous grin, “Or is that where you left your clothes at ze?”

Rolling your eyes you hold back your sense of pride. Smartass or not she seem to know about this guy so no point in making her an enemy yet. She doesn’t seem like the person to really want to fight in life and death situations anyways. The simple innocents she holds makes you think of a friend of yours but it is soon dismissed from your mind. No point in getting all emotional over your missed friends.

“No, no, I lost them while--taking a bath.” your eyes slide to the side for a moment then back to her, “and I’m looking for some of my weapons. I fricken lost them when I got transported to this world and--wait, where DID our hummer go to? Did it get transported--” you mutter

“No way!” she yelled, pulling herself nearly off her broom, her face close to yours, “You’re from the outside world ze?! Oh man, Kourin is going to freak.” suddenly she grabs your arm and yanks you over her broom, “Names Marisa Kirisame, nice to meet’cha.”

Stunned, you look up at her smiling face to protest such rough behavior of someone she doesn’t know but the two of you take off . You grip the broom like that of a witch’s cat as you soar into the sky, much faster then that of what Mystia flew at. No matter how many times it still freaks you out, being this high up.

“So, what’s your name stranger?” she asks plainly.

“It’s Kai Hagara,” you blurt out, “Dude, can everyone friken fly here?!”

“Nah, only the best can fly ze! You need to relax, I’ll get you to see Kourin in no--oh we’re here!”

The broom slams to a halt and you fly from the broom straight into open air. There’s a moment of hang time before your body falls rapidly into a tree, bouncing heavily from one branch to another before slamming face down into the ground. A stinging sensation tares through you, as if you did a belly flop. A human would have died from such a fall but nonetheless it still hurts like hell. With a labored groan you look up to see a small shop.

Marisa hangs in the air stupidly, rubbing the back of her head realizing her mistake, “Opps, sorry about that but you should of hanged on ze.”

Grabbing the end of the broom you yank it out from under her, “I could say the same thing.” you mutter, watching her fall on her ass as you get up brings a grin to your faec either because of the cute expression she makes or the fact that she fell on her ass. It’s funny either way.

Marisa gets up, brushing off her hat and snatches back her broom, “Whatever, hey Kourin get out here. I found someone you might like ze.” she says in a singing fashion but there’s no response, “and she is from the outside world!”

A loud noise of feet hitting wooden floor followed by a crash of something inside the shop is heard and a man appears, out of breath and flustered, “Wha-what did you say? Someone from the outside world.” he says, adjusting his glasses.

“Yep, another one.” she beams, “but how about you put on some tea or somethin for us. I mean, unless you want to seem rude to our new guest.”

Everything happens so fast you can hardly wrap your head around what’s happened. Before you know it you and Marisa are inside sitting cross legged at some weird table while Rinnosuke is rummaging though cabinets for tea. She simply stares at you, her chin in her palms, smiling happily. It begins to creep you out and your eyes begin to wander around the small store.

It’s somewhat unorganized but it isn’t dirty. Books, magazines, a kerosene heater, and other numerous items are just a few of the things you seem but nothing that belongs to you or your friends. It’s depresses you that you came here for nothing but you notice there is another room, the storage area maybe, that might hold something of yours. Soon you find that you are simply avoiding the inevitable and that someone must say something.

[ ] Wait, let them start off the conversation
[ ] Ask about your equipment and your clothes, again
[ ] Introduce yourself properly and get to know them
[ ] Ask if they know anything about the current fiend problem
>> No. 7547
[ ] Introduce yourself properly and get to know them

We might as well. Waiting is just plain awkward, our stuff clearly isn't here, and Marisa's clearly never heard of fiends. I guess Rinnosuke might know, but we should at least introduce ourselves first.
>> No. 7550
[x] Introduce yourself quickly.
[x] Ask about your equipment and your clothes, again.
>> No. 7557
[x] Introduce yourself properly and get to know them
>> No. 7568
[x] Introduce yourself properly and get to know them
[x] Ask if they know anything about the current fiend problem
[x] Ask about your equipment and your clothes, again

In that order. Telling them about the fiends is necessary to fully introduce yourself, and stating the danger should galvanize Kourin to return your belongings.
>> No. 7572
>>7568
Solid enough reasoning.

[x] Introduce yourself properly and get to know them
[x] Ask if they know anything about the current fiend problem
[x] Ask about your equipment and your clothes, again
>> No. 7578
[x] Introduce yourself properly and get to know them
[x] Ask if they know anything about the current fiend problem
[x] Ask about your equipment and your clothes, again
>> No. 7581
[x] Introduce yourself properly and get to know them
[x] Ask if they know anything about the current fiend problem
[x] Ask about your equipment and your clothes, again
>> No. 7598
[+] Introduce yourself properly and get to know them
[+] Ask if they know anything about the current fiend problem
[+] Ask about your equipment and your clothes, again
>> No. 7607
File 121884644289.jpg - (76.86KB , 500x666 , ec1704871a2c763f0edae54a0bedee0e.jpg ) [iqdb]
7607
[x] Introduce yourself properly and get to know them
[x] Ask if they know anything about the current fiend problem
[x] Ask about your equipment and your clothes, again
------------------------------------------

You’ve never been one for small talk and lying is a skill you’ve got down pat, but who knows how long you might be around these people. Any small lie could prove extremely problematic later on and besides, there’s nothing that you need to hide from these people. You wait until Rinnosuke sits and places three cups of tea on the table before you introduce yourself.

The conversation doesn’t seem to last long, but by the looks on Rinnosuke and Marisa’s face it seems like you’ve been reading them some epic story. You tell them about your world, which takes awhile since they keep interrupting on what’s a computer and what cars are for, how you got here because of that accursed woman, something of which causes Marisa to roar with laughter that you were turned into a woman, and most importantly the fiends that have come here.

“So these fiends are from your world but they are different now correct?” asks Rinnosuke.

You take a sip of your tea and nod, “Yeah, I mean they’ve always been a pain in the ass to kill but not like this. Before my fiends and I would just slice them in half and whatnot but now they have this regeneration power. Have either of you heard or seen anything like them around?”

“This is the first I’ve even heard of such a begin.” says Rinnosuke.

“Same, “ Marisa slams down her cup, “can’t we just blast’em when they show up till they’ll all gone ze?”

You sigh, “Fiends are dimensional creatures. They live in a different plain of existence and are able to travel between dimensions so long as they know of the destination. Now that one showed up here they know how to get here. Honestly, I don’t know what to do. It’s not like I have a fiend finder to kill them all. ”

“Wait, you said you came here with friends right?” Marisa begins rock back and forth, “So that’s who that was ze!”

You give a confused look, “What are you talking about?”

“Well, when I was at the Scarlet Devil Mansion the other day checking out some books,” Rinnosuke glares at her skeptically, “I met someone there. Black hair, purple eyes, likes to read, and not talk. I swear I thought it was Patchouli’s sibling. The two were just sitting there reading ze. Kinda creepy.”

Your eyes grow wide, happy to hear that one of your friends are alright, “Ah, must have been Radiance. Yeah he never cares to talk much and is usually reading something but in battle he’s wicked powerful. I‘ll have to go get him eventually. I‘ll have to round up all my friends to tackle this problem. It might take some time.” you put down your cup suddenly realizing you came here other for some tea and small talk, “Hey Rinnosuke, you wouldn’t happen to have any of my weapons would you? Oh, and a pair of clothes. A pair of clothes would be really nice.”

Rinnosuke gets up and gives a little stretch, “Actually I have found a few items while walking around the forest. If they are yours anyways I imagine you would like them back.” he enters the back room leaving you and Marisa alone.

Despite her absentmindedness, Marisa does have a certain charm to her that makes it enjoyable to be around. No matter how serious this matter is she always seems to say the right thing to lighten the air and her little witches’ outfit is very cute on her. You can’t help but admire her for a moment before Rinnosuke comes back holding a oddly large, red pistol and lugging a massive sword on his back.

“My sword!” you yell excitedly, getting up in a rush and nearly knocking over the table to hug your sword, “Aw man, I’ve missed lugging you around. We’re going to kill SO many fien--and hey, that my friend’s Caster.” throwing the five and a half foot sword over your back you take the gun in your hands, “Damn, Ash must be losing if god damn mind without it. I‘m glad you found it Rinnosuke. This thing is extremely dangerous.”

“Here, I found these also.” Rinnosuke drops several shotgun sized shells in your hands, each one numbered and colored differently, “I’ll find some clothes for you in a minuet.”

“What is it ze?” she ask, hovering around you, eyes wide with wonder, like a child ready to get a new toy.

You hold the Caster in your hands. It has a steam punk kind of look to it with its large barrel on the mount of a pistol and red glaze color. There’s a slotted guard showing a small turbine that encircles most of the extending barrel. The Caster clicks open like that of any revolver, revealing the large chamber for the numbered shells. 9, 17, 32, 77, and 666 are written in black on each of the shells.

[ ] Explain it, it safer and it’ll give them a better understanding of your world
[ ] Show how it works, what could go wrong?
--------------------------------------------

If you guys haven't noticed each one of your friends will have their own CYOA. There are three friends total and no, Ash is not Ash from Evil dead. It's a pun on the element he controls.
>> No. 7610
hahaha wow

[x] Show how it works, what could go wrong?
>> No. 7611
[x] Show how it works, what could go wrong?

Man, I liked this way better when it seemed like we were just a regular human that managed to be badass and experienced enough to go toe to toe with the supernatural without the use of magic. But now it turns out we actually are some kind of demon, or superhuman, or whatever. Kind of cheapens the whole thing.
>> No. 7615
>>7611
Cheap huh, hmmmm well we can fix that. If you guess think this is making it too easy and too cheap then I guess we'll just have to change the level of difficulty. Sounds like fun.

With your choice of the next post please also choose the level of difficulty that you wish to proceed with:
[] Easy
[] Normal
[] Hard
[] Lunatic

Rules to such difficulty setting will be announced once the desired level of difficulty is chosen.
>> No. 7616
[x] Show how it works, what could go wrong?
[x] Normal
>> No. 7617
>>7616
[x] Show how it works, what could go wrong?
[x] Lunatic

Who plays on normal? We're awesome and thusly must have awesome difficulty.
>> No. 7618
[x] Lunatic
Why not?
>> No. 7633
[x] Show how it works, what could go wrong?
[x] Nightmare

Knee-deep in the dead.
>> No. 7634
[x] Show how it works, what could go wrong?
[x] Lunatic
>> No. 7635
>>7607
>If you guys haven't noticed each one of your friends will have their own CYOA.

Don't. You. Dare.

Keep it to one story, in one board. Ideally /others/, if you can tolerate moving the story. If you must cover all of the characters, have your one story flip from one protagonist to another. Don't. Do. 4. CYOAs. At. Once.

Even YAF, who writes like a machine when he does write, can't manage that.

I beg you, as a fellow writefag, as an anon, and even as a sometimes reader/voter in your story, DON'T DO IT.
>> No. 7641
File 121894075317.jpg - (130.26KB , 747x1000 , 5757248a027afe108d3d8da4c8325045.jpg ) [iqdb]
7641
[x] Show how it works, what could go wrong?
[x] Lunatic
---------------------------------------------
The required amount of votes have been reached for difficulty setting Lunatic. The rules and settings are as follow:

1. All powers you possessed from your world are nonexistent. Only that of your claws and above average strength are valid.

2. The only way to kill a fiend will be to remove the head or destroy the brain. Any other attempts such as using conventional weaponry will be ineffective and will only cement your death.

3. At anyone time in battle the percentage of BAD ENDs will increase to that of 80% while any other time can be that of 20% or lower.

4. Hostility between you and other character shall be greater and amount of BAD ENDs for them are increased.

5. Any travels while not accompanied with someone will have a 80% chance of battle and a 50% chance of BAD END. The only advantage is that you will have a higher chance of finding someone or something that will aid you on your adventurer then any other events.

Thank you for your time in taking part in this choice. Cake will given upon completion.
------------------------------------------

You give a shrug, what harm would it do to show them how the Caster worked? After all, it was just a gun that gives the power of magic to anyone that can pull down the trigger. You’ve seen your friend use it hundreds and hundreds of times and he always seems to have no problem using it. It was just a gun, a magic gun but a gun nonetheless.

Motioning to Rinnosuke and Marisa to follow you head outside. There are trees everywhere with no one in site to get hurt, so you simply pick the nearest tree and point the Caster at it. If you can recall the Caster can fire simple energy bullets without the use of the shells. This demonstration should cement your world from Earth for them. Your finger finds the trigger a jerk and expect a bullet to fire--but nothing happens.

Turning around and giving a embarrassed look that nothing happened you shake the gun furiously. Being made an idiot is no fun but after a few more moments of nothing happening you sigh in defeat and let go of the trigger. Suddenly a blast erupts from the end of the Caster sending you head over heals backwards. The yellow bullet rips through one tree, then another, and before long it’s out of site.

“Oh, oh my god-ze” Marisa yells, holding her sides in laughter, “I-I’ve never seen something so funny in all my life like what just happened-ze!”

Your face burns with embarrassment as you get up in a rush, “S-shut up, it’s this gun. Must be broken or some--”

A monstrous roar rips through the forest. The sheer force of the roar shakes the trees, sending birds flying in every direction. It goes silent once more and only the noise from the ruffling leafs can be heard. But then another thundering roar is heard, this one is closer. You turn to Rinnosuke and Marisa. Their faces are somewhat pale, mouths hung open, while their eyes stare endless into the forest.

The ground begins to rumble, slow at first but increasing in speed and magnitude like an earthquake. It was getting closer. In instinct you unsheathe your mighty blade but in your hands it feels like any other piece of iron. No power, no overwhelming confidence, nothing. Concentrating hard you attempt to focus your power but there’s nothing. Something comes over you, something that hasn’t been felt in a long time. Fear. The words ‘the rules have change’ keep ringing in your head. All of your power, everything that made you the best, gone.

The beast is getting closer. Your heart beats faster. There is only a few moments before whatever it is arrives. So many decisions to choose from but none that seem right, it begins to fog your mind. Run, fight, ask for help, all seem befuddled. Concentration broken by a sudden quake you look up to hear the crash of falling trees near by.

[ ] Fight alone, you need to regain your pride
[ ] Ask Marisa to fight with you, pride doesn’t help if your dead
[ ] Run away, it’s your only hope
[ ] Get Marisa and Rinnosuke out of here
[ ] Wait, maybe it isn’t a monster that wants to eat you
>> No. 7648
>>7642
Damn straight we did, only pussys play on anything besides lunatic

[x] Ask Marisa to fight with you, pride doesn’t help if you're dead
>> No. 7650
>3. At anyone time in battle the percentage of BAD ENDs will increase to that of 80% while any other time can be that of 20% or lower.

Haha, so that means only 1 of the 5 choices here is right? I hope your voters like dying.
>> No. 7665
[x] Fight alone, you need to regain your pride

And after the BAD END this incurs,
[x] Revert difficulty to Normal
Retards.
>> No. 7690
[x] Fight alone, you need to regain your pride
[x] Revert difficulty to Normal

seconding this, wtf anon. Make it hard but not lunatic
>> No. 7694
[x] Fight alone, you need to regain your pride
[x] Revert difficulty to Normal
>> No. 7720
[x] Fight alone, you need to regain your pride
[x] Revert difficulty to Normal

Death at every turn isn't very enticing.
>> No. 7740
[x] Fight alone, you need to regain your pride
[x] Revert difficulty to Normal
>> No. 7902
Pansy-ass faggots, one and all. We made our bed, now let's lie in it.

That said, time to bravely run away.

[x] Run away, it’s your only hope
[x] Get Marisa and Rinnosuke out of here
>> No. 7903
No updates or posts by Nightshade in 10 days. Pretty sure this one's dead.