[Return]
Archived thread

File 121754202041.jpg - (139.17KB , 550x564 , 1208831327213.jpg ) [iqdb]
7075 No. 7075
[ ] Ignore the girls. Go and play with Shanghai instead.


You certainly wouldn't want to get caught up in another bullet hell. On the other hand you think that they wouldn't start fighting inside Marisa's house. In any case, better to let the girls work this out themselves. You aren't certain that you could add much to the conversation anyway.

Instead you carefully disengage from the argument around the table and approach Shanghai. The puppet is still standing at attention a few metres behind the table.

Now that you think about it, what exactly is Shanghai anyway? You study the little doll for a few seconds, noting the incredible craftsmanship and the realism of her expressions. Wait. A doll shouldn't be able to show facial expressions, should it? Another magical mystery.

"Ho there little one" You smile as you softly address the little puppet. Isn't she the most adorable thing you've ever seen?

Shanghai replies with a elegant, courtly bow. Interesting. You glance over at Alice and Marisa, still locked in a heated argument. If Shanghai is Alice's puppet, how can she respond to you without her master's instructions?

Shanghai doesn't seem perturbed by the lack of guidance. Rather she tries to adopt a hard, martial expression again. This time it works a little better. Again, interesting. Maybe Alice's emotions are affecting the puppet? You note that Shanghai does seem to grow fiercer every time Alice raises her voice.

Maybe you should investigate further? You glance around and note that the girls have their backs turned against you. Most excellent. The only question now is how you will exploit this opportunity.


[ ] Play hide-and-seek with Shanghai.

[ ] Examine Shanghai. Intimately.

[ ] Challenge Shanghai to a swordfight.

[ ] Just chat with Shanghai for a while.

[ ] Do something else (specify)

______________

That's all for today. I should have more time off tomorrow though, even if I can't promise anything.

And there is in fact something akin to a Shanghai/Hourai route if Sigurd does things right. The true nature of Shanghai (and Hourai) is quite important for this to open.

>> No. 7076
[ x ] Play hide-and-seek with Shanghai.
>> No. 7077
[ ] Challenge Shanghai to a swordfight.
>> No. 7078
[x] Play hide-and-seek with Shanghai.
>> No. 7079
[x] Play hide-and-seek with Shanghai.
>> No. 7081
[x] Challenge Shanghai to a swordfight.

HAVE AT THEE
>> No. 7082
[x] Play hide-and-seek with Shanghai.
>> No. 7083
[X] Play hidan gaems with Shanghai.
>> No. 7084
[Ze~] Just chat with Shanghai for a while.
>> No. 7085
[ ] Play hide-and-seek with Shanghai.

We were promised this by Scorn too. Now you shall hurt us as well?
>> No. 7086
[Ze~] Just chat with Shanghai for a while.
>> No. 7087
[x] Just chat with Shanghai for a while.
>> No. 7088
[ ] Play hide-and-seek with Shanghai.
>> No. 7089
[X] Play hide-and-seek with Shanghai.
[ ] Examine Shanghai. Intimately.

It was a tough call...
>> No. 7090
>[ ] Challenge Shanghai to a swordfight.
>[ ] Play hide-and-seek with Shanghai.
>[ ] Just chat with Shanghai for a while.

SIGURD CANNOT CHOOSE

[x] Ask Shanghai what she wants to do.
>> No. 7091
[x] Examine Shanghai. Intimately.
Seems like we will get our Unlmited Figure Works.
Continue where Teruyo failed to deliver, hotglue that doll.
>> No. 7092
Writing now.
>> No. 7093
>>7092

hooray.jpg
>> No. 7095
File 121760627444.jpg - (780.75KB , 1500x1500 , 121616364855.jpg ) [iqdb]
7095
[ ] Play hide-and-seek with Shanghai.


Why not play around a bit with Shanghai? "Little one, will you play a game?" Shanghai smiles and nods her head at your suggestion. "Then I count to ten, while you hide."

You lean back against the wall and close your eyes. You slowly count to ten and open them again. No Shanghai in sight. You look around the room in search for the puppet. She's not anywhere in sight. You also note that Alice and Marisa don't show any signs of finishing their argument anytime soon, though they do seem to have calmed down a bit. Next you go and check behind the chests and under the desk. Shanghai isn't there either. For about five minutes or so you search through the room, but still no Shanghai.

This is odd. It's not as if she could have simply flown away. Or...wait, she could have done that, couldn't she? With this possibility in mind, you direct your gaze towards the ceiling. Considering the wide roof bars and the inevitable blind spots you can see that it would be very easy for something of Shanghai's size to hide up there. You spend a few minutes searching for some sign of the doll. Finally you notice a little bit if white sticking out behind one of the wooden roof bars.

Clever thing. You carefully sneak almost directly underneath the bar, making sure not to alert her to your presence. You estimate that the bar itself is about a metre above your head. Easy enough.

You crouch down and spring back up, grab the bar with your right hand and pull yourself up to face a very surprised Shanghai. The little doll jumps up in shock and bolts away behind another bar. Then she cautiously pokes out her head and looks at you. You almost feel guilty when you see her trembling face.

You quickly drop back down, landing back on the floor with an audible thump. Marisa and Alice turn around at the sound and give you quizzical looks.

"Hey Sigurd, wouldja come over here?" Marisa waves for you to approach you as she speaks. Your comply, somewhat curious about what she wants.

"Alice and I don't really agree on this, so we thought that you should decide -ze."

"Indeed. As I said earlier, I think we should go to the places Yukari is known to visit. And we should start with the Hakurei Shrine." Alice summarizes her suggestion.

"And I think we should just go to her house and beat her up." Marisa counters.

Both suggestions seem sensible enough. But which one would be best?


[ ] Direct approach. (Search for Mayohiga)

[ ] Indirect approach. (Visit the Hakurei Shrine)

[ ] Suggest something else (write-in)
>> No. 7099
[X] Indirect approach. (Visit the Hakurei Shrine)
>> No. 7100
[x] "A brave battle plan craft I: Deft dollmaker, when the trickster tramp arrives at sacred shrine, alert winsome witch to her whereabouts with dutiful doll. While youkai Yukari at the shrine solace seeks, maiden Marisa and I, skald Sigurd, make for her hearth & home to wait in waylay for her return."
>> No. 7101
{X} "A brave battle plan craft I: Deft dollmaker, when the trickster tramp arrives at sacred shrine, alert winsome witch to her whereabouts with dutiful doll. While youkai Yukari at the shrine solace seeks, maiden Marisa and I, skald Sigurd, make for her hearth & home to wait in waylay for her return."

yayy
>> No. 7102
[x] "A brave battle plan craft I: Deft dollmaker, when the trickster tramp arrives at sacred shrine, alert winsome witch to her whereabouts with dutiful doll. While youkai Yukari at the shrine solace seeks, maiden Marisa and I, skald Sigurd, make for her hearth & home to wait in waylay for her return."

Stalling tactics at the shrine, while the rest sets up a trap at her home.
Taking Chen Hostage, taking Ran out of the picture.
What a plan.
>> No. 7103
[x] "A brave battle plan craft I: Deft dollmaker, when the trickster tramp arrives at sacred shrine, alert winsome witch to her whereabouts with dutiful doll. While youkai Yukari at the shrine solace seeks, maiden Marisa and I, skald Sigurd, make for her hearth & home to wait in waylay for her return."

I approve of this.
>> No. 7104
{X} "A brave battle plan craft I: Deft dollmaker, when the trickster tramp arrives at sacred shrine, alert winsome witch to her whereabouts with dutiful doll. While youkai Yukari at the shrine solace seeks, maiden Marisa and I, skald Sigurd, make for her hearth & home to wait in waylay for her return."

I like BOTH.
>> No. 7105
File 121762444853.jpg - (6.43KB , 132x150 , Idort Reimu.jpg ) [iqdb]
7105
[x] "A brave battle plan craft I: Deft dollmaker, when the trickster tramp arrives at sacred shrine, alert winsome witch to her whereabouts with dutiful doll. While youkai Yukari at the shrine solace seeks, maiden Marisa and I, skald Sigurd, make for her hearth & home to wait in waylay for her return."

Reimu will ruin everything somehow, watch
>> No. 7106
>>7105

Of course she will. She's Reimu after all.
>> No. 7109
[x] "A brave battle plan craft I: Deft dollmaker, when the trickster tramp arrives at sacred shrine, alert winsome witch to her whereabouts with dutiful doll. While youkai Yukari at the shrine solace seeks, maiden Marisa and I, skald Sigurd, make for her hearth & home to wait in waylay for her return."
>> No. 7118
Damn that write-in is wordy. A little to cluttered for poetic license.
>> No. 7120
I blame the write-in for this:

--

After another day of insinuating, manipulating, and baiting her way into the shrine maiden's confidence, Yukari shambled out into Mayohiga from her gap with frustration and boredom written clearly on her face. 'Reimu is a pretty girl, but also pretty dull--no fun to tease at all~.' Of course, Yukari could never admit this, least of all to Reimu; the shrine maiden is simply too important to Gensokyo's balance to let something like a lack of personality get in the way.
'Well, hopefully the next generation Hakurei will be more interesting~. She is old enough that I could start looking for an appropriate male; maybe someone with a little "moxie" in his genome? Fufufu~.' But for now, Yukari's mind was too tired to manipulate the complex weave of Gensokyo's balance. The affected emotions, the intimidation tactics, power games, deceit, infomongering, and sometimes murder that her greater machinations required were always very draining.
'Today: Chillax~. I'll have Ran make pancakes~. Banana-nut pancakes!' As she approach her domicile, Yukari remembered one of her more speculative investments: 'That Norseman's success over that dire bear I loosed after him was unexpected. Certainly encouraging~.' As Yukari smirked she brought up her fan by reflex. 'Gensokyo accepts all kinds. Even those from the frozen lands of the North. Maybe that yuki-onna would be intereste--' Yukari's thoughts were brought to halt as she noticed the apparent renovations that had taken place while she was away. The first thing Yukari saw when she got home was the lack of a front door. The second thing Yukari saw when she got home was the lack of a door frame. It appeared something had blasted an 8' diameter hole through entrance, a hole that continued through the building and out the other side, giving a clear view of the residence's unkempt backyard. A fountain of water sprays from a pipe in one of the middle rooms--what was likely once a sink or a toilet.
As she crossed the threshold Yukari noticed the strange scent of burning mushrooms and sneered. Following her nose to the kitchen, she found the aroma stemmed from a purple goopy substance leaking out of the broken, fizzling microwave. The fridge and freezer doors had been left wide open. On the kitchen table lay the package of Klondike bars she lifted on her most recent outside excursion, now almost empty. She took the singular remaining Klondike bar in her right hand, unwrapped it, and took a bite, using her backside to bump the freezer and fridge doors closed. 'Sweet, still cold. It hasn't all that long.' She makes a barely perceptible gesture, and a gap to the Elemental Plane of Fire opens to her left; she throws the wrapper and empty box into it.
Yukari places her hand in one of her dress's many pocket gaps and pulls out a crowbar. Using its mechanical advantage, she effortlessly tears the seeping microwave from its mounting, and deposits the broken appliance--and the now sticky crowbar--in the incineration portal. With a quick gap to a particularly breezy spot of the Elemental Plane of Air, the remaining stench is quickly removed from the household.
Venturing into the living room, she ignores the buzzing fan and the loud skipping coming from the Victrola to sit in her favorite chair, if only to collect her thoughts and take another bite of her Klondike bar. Sitting however she finds to her discomfort that someone of great mass has worn-out the previously perfect groove of her La-Z-Boy. Her brow furrows as she masticates the dessert snack excessively and makes further notes of her surroundings: Multicolored "stars" are embedded all over the place--stuck into the rafters, walls, floors, and furniture. Walking over to the Victrola she finds Revolver playing backwards on the turntable, the needle skipping; the speakers have been turned up to (what else) 11. Walking away Yukari almost trips on a roll of toilet paper lying on the floor, scrawled with what appear to be Nordic runes. Looking at the toilet paper roll on the ground, which she then kicks away, Yukari notices another aberration, the moving silhouette on the floor. She looks upwards at the buzzing ceiling fan. Chen appears to have mercifully passed-out, tied to the fan blades, with a hatchet embedded into the wood centimeters from the unconscious girl's head. Yukari stares for a few seconds as she takes another bite of her Klondike bar.
A groan from hall and Yukari walks over to find Ran slumped against the wall in a complete stupor, not even able to remove the funnel in her mouth. Half-bound and strangely bereft of clothing, empty sake bottles lay all around her. A stone rice bowl fashioned into a sort of viking helmet lies lopsided on her head and her nine tails have tied into intricate plaits. Ran makes another moan shorter and more guttural, but otherwise gives no indication she is aware of Yukari's presence. Yukari walks back to the living room, popping the last of the Klondike bar in her mouth. With a snap of her fingers, a gap opens behind above Ran and a bucketful of ice cold water rains down, bringing the shikigami back to lucidity with a yelp, the funnel falling to the ground with a hollow thunk.
The now awake and shivering kitsune prostrates herself at her master's back, as Yukari chews on this last bit of ice cream and again considers the nekomata still spinning on the ceiling.
"M-m-miss Yukar-ri! The N-norseman! He--"
Yukari holds a hand up to silence her servant's pleas. "First," she says while still chewing, "Put on some clothes."
Ran, now aware of her indecent state, gives a surprised cry and does her best to quickly rearrange her half-unfastened clothes into something more presentable.
"A-anyway, the outsider and the black-whi--"
Yukari swallows and interrupts her with another gesture. "Second, take that stupid bowl off your head." Ran's look is one of shock as she experimentally touches the earthenware vessel she's currently using as a headpiece. The look is replaced by one of embarrassment and then anger as she grabs the pot and tosses it to the floor. Yukari plays with her fan, opening and snapping it closed in repetition. Taking a final glance at ceilingcat, she makes her way out of the living room, into areas now traversable by the gaping hole in the walls. Ran starts as if to follow her.
"Miss Yukari, where are you going! We need to--"
Yukari presses the closed fan against her forehead. "The only thing I need, Ran, is to go to bed. Far too early in the day to be dealing with this." Stepping through the wall into her bedroom, the head of the Yakumo household finds her brow twitch in uncharacteristic consternation as she looks down at the splintered wood and plaster that the bedroll. "Now take Chen down from the ceiling for Suwako's sakes." She mutters the last part.
"Chen? Wait wha-" Ran's sentence is cut off as she looks at the ceiling, at the fan, at Chen, and then at the hatchet. Ran starts to stutter in terror. "Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-Chen!!"
Lazy Yukari Yakumo, having decided to not bother dealing with cleaning the old one, simply gaps another bedroll in on top of it. After throwing all but her undergarments into the hamper gap, she crawls inside her makeshift cocoon. Shivering as she waits for her own body heat to warm up the bedroll, Yukari pops her head from under the covers momentarily to let give a final loud but sleepy command, "And turn over Revolver would you?"
There was no reply, but it was not a few minutes later that the mellow tune of "Yellow Submarine" was carried to Yukari's ears. With a sigh, she let her weighted eyelids close and her frown relax into light smile. 'Fufufu~. A viking vexed is a fearsome foe, indeed. But remember dear Sigurd, a prophecy upon Sigmund's tomb, defeating this Dragon drags you yet nearer to your doom.' So she thought last before beginning the journey across the border of waking and dream.
>> No. 7121
>>7120
Fucking awesome. I salute you, Anonymous-writefag.
>> No. 7143
>>7120
It's... beautiful.
>> No. 7161
File 121767923920.jpg - (484.03KB , 900x655 , 1216425454318.jpg ) [iqdb]
7161
>>7120

FAPPING TO YUKARI~N AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT.
>> No. 7162
>>7120
You are awesome.
>> No. 7164
>>7120
AWESOME
>> No. 7165
>>7120
Anonymous delivers yet again.
>> No. 7168
>>7120

Holy shit, this is epic. And it gives me a few ideas to shamelessly steal to boot.

Good Anonymous, I salute you.

>>7118

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. Though my main complaint would be that the write-in in question doesn't really adhere to old norse poetic style.

But what do I know? I'm just the writenigger.


Also writing about now.
>> No. 7171
>And it gives me a few ideas to shamelessly steal to boot.

Letty route?
>> No. 7173
File 121770756684.jpg - (103.48KB , 500x706 , ba3f36f3.jpg ) [iqdb]
7173
[ ] "A brave battle plan craft I: Deft dollmaker, when the trickster tramp arrives at sacred shrine, alert winsome witch to her whereabouts with dutiful doll. While youkai Yukari at the shrine solace seeks, maiden Marisa and I, skald Sigurd, make for her hearth & home to wait in waylay for her return"


In fact, you do have an suggestion of your own. Why not try something clever?

"A brave battle plan craft I: Deft dollmaker, when the trickster tramp arrives at sacred shrine, alert winsome witch to her whereabouts with dutiful doll. While youkai Yukari at the shrine solace seeks, maiden Marisa and I, skald Sigurd, make for her hearth & home to wait in waylay for her return"

Alice blinks at you in confusion. "Um, could you repeat that? Maybe a bit slower?"

Repeat yourself? Well now that you think about it, your wording could be considered somewhat convoluted.

"Very well." You sigh and summarize your idea. "Marisa and I head to the hidden village. You wait at the shrine until Yukari visits. Then you contact us and we prepare an ambush."

Alice and Marisa silently consider your suggestion for a minute. Then they look over a few papers, check a few maps and whisper to each other.

"Master Sun writes that all warfare is based on deception. The element of surprise is good." Marisa comments while nodding.

"The only problem is that we must find Mayohiga first." Alice adds, though she does sound positive to the plan.

"Just leave that to me and Sigurd -ze!" Marisa confidently exclaims. "I'm good at getting lost, y'know."

"All right I guess that's the general plan then. Good thinking Sigurd." Alice then turns back to sifting through her notes while Marisa unfolds a map and moves next to you.

"The shrine is here, right at the border. We have to go into the border area itself, about here." She points at the dot marking the Hakurei Shrine, and the thick line marking the border itself. "Once we find Mayohiga, I can signal the location to Alice, and then we'll show that dumb old hag what Gensokyo's best tacticians are capable of -ze." You have seen many terrifying things in your life, but somehow Marisa manages to unleash a grin so wicked that even the dark giants of Jötunheim would be hard-pressed to match it. You silently wonder if the black-white in fact does hold some grudge of her own against Yukari.

You and the girls spend nearly thirty minutes going through all the finer details of the plan. You note that Marisa and Alice are remarkably efficient once they actually start cooperating. They work out solutions to every problem you can think of, and to quite a few that you haven't even considered. Before long you're ready for action.

"And there we have it. All that remais is to put this into practise." With a satisfied smile Alice stacks her notes into a pile.

"I'll clean up in here. Marisa, would you go and collect whatever supplies we'll be needing?"

"Right, right. I'm on it." Marisa skips over to the desk, deposits her helmet and recovers her regular hat. You watch the young witch pull on her headgear. Maybe you should offer to help out a bit?


[ ] Offer to help Alice with cleaning up.

[ ] Offer to help Marisa with the supplies.

[ ] Just take it easy.
>> No. 7174
[ x ] Offer to help Alice with cleaning up.
>> No. 7175
[x] Offer to help Alice with cleaning up.

When the hell did I become an Alice fag? I blame SCORN.
>> No. 7176
By the way, you know this is thread 4, right, Norse?
>> No. 7177
>>7176

And here I was hoping that no one would notice.

But yeah, apparently I can't count past three or something.
>> No. 7178
[x] Ignore Alice. Go and play with Shanghai instead.
Always the best option.
>> No. 7179
[X] Offer to help Marisa with the supplies.

I say helping Marisa with the supplies would help more in the upcoming battle than having a clean house. Besides Alice and Shanghai should be more than capable of doing this alone.
>> No. 7180
[x] Offer to help Marisa with the supplies.

> Though my main complaint would be that the write-in in question doesn't really adhere to old norse poetic style.
I for one wouldn't mind stylistic fixes.
>> No. 7182
[ ] Offer to help Alice with cleaning up.
>> No. 7183
[X] Just take it easy.

North!
>> No. 7186
[x] Offer to help Marisa with the supplies.

Yukarin ambushan gaems
>> No. 7188
[x] Offer to help Marisa with the supplies.

What >>7179 said.
>> No. 7215
[x] Offer to help Marisa with the supplies.
>> No. 7220
[X] Offer to help Alice with cleaning up.
>> No. 7223
Marisa seems to have won. Writing now.
>> No. 7229
File 121779476626.jpg - (85.35KB , 511x700 , a6f7814a.jpg ) [iqdb]
7229
[ ] Offer to help Marisa with the supplies.


Indeed, you should help. The wisdom of the Allfather clearly tells that the wise guest shouldn't take his host's hospitality for granted. Besides, you still feel a little guilty about leaving Marisa with the dishes. Accordingly you join her when she leaves the room. Marisa glances at you over her shoulder and flashes you a smile. Then she skips down the corridor, obviously expecting you to follow. You oblige, trailing her to one of the many storage rooms littering the Kirisame residence.

"Right, right. We need a few things from my collection. Oh, and we need food, don't we?" The black-white witch rummages through the multitude of items on the shelves, finally producing a pair of large bags. She tosses one of them to you and continues her search. For a minute or two she deposits a variety of odd objects into one of the bags. You can see strange glass rods, a variety of metal boxes and a small, white object with odd cords attached to it.

"Yeah that's about it. Let's go and grab some food." She hands you the full bag, which by now must be quite heavy. You barely notice its weight as you toss it over your shoulder. The willful witch leads you outside the house towards a small earthen cellar. Stange that you didn't notice it earlier. Marisa produces an iron key from somewhere and turns it in the lock. As the door swings open, a dark stairway yawns at you like the mouth of a great beast, exhaling stale air in your faces. Marisa makes a simple hand gesture and the darkness is dispelled by glowing globes hanging from the stairway walls.

You follow her down the stairs. The first thing you notice is that this cellar wasn't designed for someone of your size. Somehow you fit inside the cramped stairway, but it seems as if you manage to hit every single support bar in the ceiling with your head . With an herculean effort of willpower you manage to refrain from smashing the last bar with your bare hands. You silently swear vengeance agaist it and all its kin.

You finally manage to reach the bottom of the stairway with your skull mostly intact. Mercifully, the ceiling is slightly higher here, sparing your battered head from further bumps. Rubbing your sore brow you suddenly notice that it's cold in here. Very cold indeed, far more than it should be. While you ponder this strange turn of events, Marisa disappears around a corner ahead. You quickly follow her into a spacious room filled with nearly empty shelves and large blocks of ice. Marisa stands in the middle of the room, apparently unaffected by the biting cold inside. She grabs the empty bag from you and begins stuffing it with frozen meat and mushrooms.

You marvel at the blocks of ice. The mighty magic of Gensokyo may be destructive and dangerous, but it's the small applications that truly amaze you. Marisa seems to have noticed your curious looks.

"Pretty cool, eh? I know an idiot who likes to show off, and it's pretty easy to trick her into freezing stuff I want frozen -ze." Marisa smiles at some private joke while she explains. Once again, you don't really understand what she means. You check around the room, but the only odd things you notice are a large metal box in the far corner of the room and the fact that many of the ice blocks have frozen frogs inside them. Your time in Gensokyo has already jaded you to some extent, but this is stange enough to confuse you. You glance over at Marisa, who seems to be fast approaching the completion of her task.


[ ] Ask Marisa about the frogs

[ ] Check the metal box

[ ] Just wait for Marisa to finish.
>> No. 7230
[ ] Check the metal box

METAL BOXES
>> No. 7231
[X] Check the metal box

Frogs are Cirno, box is more interesting.
>> No. 7232
[x] Check the metal box

Marisa has an xbox?
>> No. 7233
File 121779750687.jpg - (112.78KB , 300x473 , Firaeveus_Carron.jpg ) [iqdb]
7233
[X] Take away their metal boxes.
>> No. 7235
[x] Check the metal box
>> No. 7236
Where there are metal boxes, we shall check them

[X] Check the metal box.
>> No. 7237
File 121780609517.jpg - (34.93KB , 332x386 , 121280327270.jpg ) [iqdb]
7237
[X] Check the metal box.

KAGUYA?!
>> No. 7252
File 121782441612.jpg - (118.30KB , 774x962 , 1214398821992.jpg ) [iqdb]
7252
[X] Check the metal box
>> No. 7256
[X] Take away th...

>>7233
...oh, that's been covered already.

[X] Check ye metal box.
>> No. 7262
[X] Check the metal box

METAL BOXES!
>> No. 7263
[X] Check Shanghai's metal box

If you know what I mean.
>> No. 7267
[X] Check the metal box
>> No. 7270
Ah, the metal box. What dark secrets does it hold?

Stay tuned to find out.
>> No. 7271
File 121785631195.jpg - (52.85KB , 640x600 , 78739174.jpg ) [iqdb]
7271
[ ] Check the metal box


Well, might as well look around for a bit. While the frogs still mystify you, they can't really be of any great importance can they? Instead you move to examine the metal box in the corner.

It looks quite inconspicious. In fact there's absolutely nothing that really stands out about this box. You believe that it would be called an axiomatic metal box by the greek philosophers of Miklagard, so nondescript is it. Then again, Gensokyo has taught you that appearances are decieving. Maybe you should take a look inside? You look around and note that Marisa seems to have crawled in under one of the shelves. You can hear soft cursing from within. It seems like you'll have a bit more time to kill.

Unlike the vast majority of containers you've encountered in Gensokyo opening this box is quite straightforward. A simple turn of a knob causes the lid to swing open obediently. Inside you find lots of ice and lots of bottles. Somehow you get the feeling that you've found some kind of hidden treasure.

You reverently take out one of the bottles. It's half-full of clear liquid, somehow not frozen despite the sub-zero temperature inside the box. Could it be the good stuff? You struggle with the cork for a moment until you figure out how to unscrew the thing. The unmistakable smell of alcohol meets you. An experimental swig confirms that the liquid is in fact the good stuff. You feel the biting cold of the ice giving way for the inner warmth of stong spirits.

"H-hey! What do you think you're doing?" Marisa's indignant voice calls out in protest. She glares at you with her arms crossed.

Well shit, it seems as if you've been caught red-handed. The witch silently waits for your response.


[ ] Obviously you're raiding her booze supply.

[ ] Obviously you're testing the quality of her booze supply.

[ ] Dodge the question by delivering a rousing oratory praising the virtues of the waters of life.

[ ] Apologize to Marisa. You shouldn't poke around in her stuff like this.
>> No. 7272
[ ] Obviously you're raiding her booze supply.

Barbarian needs booze badly.
>> No. 7273
>>7271

[x] "GOOD WITCH, WHAT SAY YOU? WHICH IS BETTER, OUR EUROPEAN ALES OR YOUR GENSOKYAN SPIRITS?
>> No. 7274
[x] Obviously you're raiding her booze supply.
[x] And you may be intending to use it as a chemical weapon for when you reach Yukari's place.
>> No. 7276
[X] Obviously you're testing the quality of her booze supply.
[X] This metal box fell into my sharp sight and demanded elaborate examination of its cold contents. This indeed is amiable alcohol you secretly stored here.

Refining the write-in is welcome, if anyone even likes it.
>> No. 7277
[X] Obviously you're testing the quality of her booze supply.
[X] This metal box fell into my sharp sight and demanded elaborate examination of its cold contents. This indeed is amiable alcohol you secretly stored here.
>> No. 7278
[X] Obviously you're testing the quality of her booze supply.
[X] This metal box fell into my sharp sight and demanded elaborate examination of its cold contents. This indeed is amiable alcohol you secretly stored here.

LOL alliterations.
>> No. 7279
[X] Obviously you're testing the quality of her booze supply.
[X] This metal box fell into my sharp sight and demanded elaborate examination of its cold contents. This indeed is amiable alcohol you secretly stored here.
>> No. 7280
[X] Obviously you're testing the quality of her booze supply.
[X] This metal box fell into my sharp sight and demanded elaborate examination of its cold contents. This indeed is amiable alcohol you secretly stored here.
>> No. 7284
>>7278
...No.

Just no.
>> No. 7287
>>7177
>apparently I can't count past three or something.

Like a true viking!
>> No. 7294
[X] Obviously you're testing the quality of her booze supply.
[X] This metal box fell into my sharp sight and demanded elaborate examination of its cold contents. This indeed is amiable alcohol you secretly stored here.
>> No. 7310
So here I was, planning to write a bit tonight. Then a friend called and invited me to the movies.

Ergo, breakan tiem. Updates tomorrow morning.
>> No. 7326
Hey Norseman, waited for awhile now, where did you go? Where's the update?
>> No. 7327
Norse man got kidnapped to Gensokyo.
>> No. 7328
>>7327
He's gone to do some research.
As in:
I'd research {Touhou Character Name Here}, if you know what I mean.
>> No. 7329
File 121814087394.jpg - (158.17KB , 699x992 , Have_you_ever_eat_Cucumber__by_nyotaro.jpg ) [iqdb]
7329
>>7328
I'd let Nitori research me, if you know what I mean.
>> No. 7330
Where is our daily viking advanture?
>> No. 7331
Terribly sorry for the delay in updates. I blame my shitty ISP that somehow managed to cut off my connection yesterday.

_________


[ ] Obviously you're testing the quality of her booze supply.
[ ] This metal box fell into my sharp sight and demanded elaborate examination of its cold contents. This indeed is amiable alcohol you secretly stored here.


You twirl the bottle in your hand, calmly meeting her gaze. "This metal box fell into my sharp sight and demanded elaborate examination of its cold contents. This indeed is amiable alcohol you secretly stored here." You nonchalantly take another swig from the bottle, then screw on the cork and toss it to Marisa who deftly catches the bottle in mid-air.

"This one passes muster. A gift of the gods, and well-earned relief for the weary warrior."

"Oh? And how exactly have you 'earned' the right to pilfer my booze?" Marisa tries to look angry, but you can see that her mask is slipping. Her voice almost sounds amused as she berates you.

"Pilfer? Ah, the witch of wildling wood speaks wounding words." You retort, skillfully faking slight indignation. "I was merely testing these wondrous waters of life." Marisa laughs in reply, no longer able to keep up her act.

"Hey, I was just joking with you, don'cha know?" The black-white witch wipes a few stray tears from her eyes as she composes herself. "Doesn't seem to work that well though." She grins at you again in a slightly unsettling manner. You reply with an amused smile and knowing silence.

"Looks like I gotta try harder next time -ze." With those words, Marisa dumps the bottle of liquor in the bag and unceremoniously leaves the room. It seems as if you're tasked with the carrying again. Oh well, at least you got a bottle of booze for your trouble.

The merry black-white leads you out of the cellar while you ponder whether you've unleashed something terrible. You're not certain that you want Marisa to try harder. Or maybe you do?

Your train of thought is quickly forgotten as you stride out into the sunlight and fresh air. It feels great to leave the cold and cramped cellar behind you. Marisa locks the door and the two of you set off in the direction of the house.

"Well, you two took your time. Had any fun?" You find Alice waiting in front of the house. Shanghai floats at her shoulder, now back in her regular dress. The puppet waves at you as you approach, and you return the gesture.

"Keep your weird thoughts to yourself doll girl." Marisa retorts while waving her broom at Alice. The girls immediately segue into their routine bickering. You take advantage of this distraction to fetch your weapons and shield from inside the house to arm yourself for your journey. You return outside and find Marisa waiting for you at the door. She locks it with another strange key and turns to you.

"Then we're all set aren't we? Let's go -ze!" The energetic black-white seems eager to leave. You can't fault her. Somehow you get the feeling that this will be an epic adventure. But maybe you do have something to do before leaving?


[ ] Offer a prayer to the Allfather first.

[ ] Swear a blood oath of vengeance against Yukari.

[ ] No delays. Set off on your glorious quest immediately.
>> No. 7332
[ x ] Offer a prayer to the Allfather first.
>> No. 7333
[ x ] Offer a prayer to the Allfather first.

prayan' game
>> No. 7334
[ ] Offer a prayer to the Allfather first.
>> No. 7335
[ ] Offer a prayer to the Allfather first.
>> No. 7336
[+] Offer a prayer to the Allfather first.
>> No. 7337
[ ] Offer a prayer to the Allfather first.
>> No. 7339
[✑] Offer a prayer to the Allfather first.
Then:
[✑] Swear a blood oath of vengeance against Yukari.
>> No. 7340
>[ ] Swear a blood oath of vengeance against Yukari.

GODDAMN IT YUKARI!

[X] Offer a prayer to the Allfather first.

It always helps the Norseman.
>> No. 7341
[x] Offer a prayer to the Allfather first.
>> No. 7342
Writing now.
>> No. 7343
[ ] Offer a prayer to the Allfather first.


"Wait a moment Marisa."

You turn towards the forest, set down your weapons and lift your voice to the heavens, invoking the High One's many names. Only a true fool would ignore the favour of the gods when he is riding to battle.

"Hooded One, Hanged Lord, One-eyed Odin. I call on the grey-cloaked Wanderer, God of the Gallows, firstborn of Bor. Allfather, hear my words!" Your prayer echoes throughout the forest while Marisa and Alice look at you as if you were addle-headed. You ignore them and continue.

"Watch my victory with unblinking eye, or send the wind-riding Valkyries to welcome a worthy warrior." As you pray for the Allfather's grace you silently wait for a sign of some sort.

Nothing happens. You wait some more. Still nothing. Just as your patience starts to wear thin a cawing sound catches your attention.

You lift your head and find yourself looking into the reflective jet-black eyes of two large ravens. They peer down at you from the top of a large ash three, as if they were scrutinizing you.

You freeze at the sight of this most favourable of omens. The ravens caw again and continue their careful observation. After a few seconds the coal-black birds take wing and fly off into the distance. You follow them with your gaze until they are out of sight.

"What'cha doing spacing out like that? That was just a few birds, wasn't it -ze?" Marisa suddely complains, waving her broom in front of your face to catch your attention. Her voice and broom snap out of your reverie and turn your attention back to the present.

"No..." You softly reply, still in slightly in awe of this powerful manifestation of divine favour. "That was a sign."

Somehow the girls don't seem entirely convinced by your assertion. Alice frowns and gives you a concerned look "Sigurd, are you really all right?"

You ignore her implication and assure Alice that you've never felt better. She still doesn't seem entirely convinced but she doesn't press the matter further either.

"In any case, we should be off. And since Sigurd can't fly one of us has to give him a lift."

Flying? You hadn't even thought of that. When you think about it, the suggestion does seem reasonable. But then again, do you really need to hurry? Didn't Alice say that Yukari doesn't operate on a fixed schedule anyway?


[ ] Ask Marisa to give you a lift

[ ] Ask Alice to give you a lift.

[ ] Why not walk instead? No need to rush.
>> No. 7344
[x] Ask Marisa to give you a lift
>> No. 7345
File 121823021293.png - (366.11KB , 820x1200 , silent_sinner_ch01_03.png ) [iqdb]
7345
Hugin, and Munin paying us a visit, huh? That's nice.

Wait, wasn't there somebody else with two ravens?
>> No. 7346
[x] Sigurd jump good
>> No. 7347
>>7346
SIGURD SMASH PUNY YOUKAI

[X] Sigurd jump good
>> No. 7348
[ ] Ask Alice to give you a lift.
>> No. 7349
[ ] WHY NOT POWER WALK INSTEAD?
>> No. 7350
[X] Sigurd jump good
Leap
>> No. 7351
[ ] Ask Alice to give you a lift.
>> No. 7352
[x] Sigurd jump good
>> No. 7353
http://tubearoo.com/articles/88764/Samurai_Jack_Jack_Learns_To_Jump_Good.html?autoplay=true

BEST EPISODE EVER OR BEST EPISODE EVER
>> No. 7355
[+] Ask Marisa to give you a lift.
Marisa is who we're staging this part of the operation with, and with Ran and Chen at Mayohiga, she'll be outnumbered and possibly outgunned. What kind of Viking would leave a friend and ally to unfavorable odds merely for the sake of his own pride?
>> No. 7356
[x] Ask Marisa to give you a lift.

I'm swayed.
>> No. 7361
>>7343
I always think of this passage from "American Gods" whenever I hear mention of/read the names of Odin's ravens:

>The raven cawed from the edge of the clearing.
>'You want me to follow you?' asked Shadow. 'Or has Timmy fallen down another well?' The bird cawed again, impatiently. Shadow started walking toward it. It waited until he was close, then flapped heavily into another tree, heading somewhat to the left of the way Shadow had originally been going.
>'Hey,' said Shadow. 'Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are.'
>The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
>'Say "Nevermore,"' said Shadow.
>'Fuck you,' said the raven. It said nothing else as they went through the woodland together.
>> No. 7362
[] Sigurd jump good
>> No. 7363
>>7345

My, my. What an ironic coincidence.


And apparently Sigurd jump good.
>> No. 7364
File 121826909575.jpg - (82.49KB , 670x537 , 120885231954.jpg ) [iqdb]
7364
[ ] Sigurd Jump good.


Then again, maybe there is another way. You haven't really pushed the limits of your newfound strenght yet.

You recover your weapons and toss the supply bags over your shoulder and wink at the girls. Then you set off in a sprint, building up the necessary momentum for your little experiment. You summon the strenght of your legs and jump with all your might. To your own mild surprise the treetops suddenly are beneath you.

"Heeey Sigurd." Marisa zooms up next to you on her broomstick. "You didn't tell you could fly -ze."

"Not flying," you reply "Jump good." As on cue gravity begins to pull you towards the earth, and after a few seconds of freefall you touch down on a thick branch. It creaks beneath your weight as you leap into the air again. You suddenly realize how lucky you were that you landed where you did. Had the branch been only slightly thinner you might have crashed down to the ground instead.

Marisa apparently hasn't realized that you could have killed yourself with your little stunt. She continues talking as if this situation was perfectly normal. "But still, you're a real slowpoke you know." Marisa grins as she speeds up, overtaking you without effort. "Even the doll girl is faster than that." She drops back down and turns to face you.

"Wouldja let me give you a lift so this won't take all day?" She reaches out her hand to you. Again, her offer seems sensible, but something at the back of your head tells you to refuse. A familiar sensation inside your mind insists that you could do so much more. This sudden flash of insight is over as soon as you became aware of it, but you somehow *know* that your have greater powers than those you're aware of.

Then gravity suddenly takes hold of you as you rech the apex of your jump. You only have a few seconds to decide what to do before you hit the ground.


[ ] Take Marisa's hand.

[ ] You'll be fine. Continue jumping.

[ ] Focus your spirit and walk on the air.
____________

And unfortunately I won't have the time to write any more today. I'll try to write something up tomorrow afternoon.
>> No. 7365
[ ] Focus your spirit and walk on the air.
>> No. 7366
[x] Focus your spirit and walk on the air.


We don't fly. Flying's for squares. We run on air!
>> No. 7367
[x] Focus your spirit and walk on the air.

CHARGE
>> No. 7368
[x] Focus your spirit and walk on the air.
>> No. 7369
[ ] Focus your spirit and moonwalk on the air.
>> No. 7370
[X] Focus your spirit and walk on the air.

Mighty Viking spirit overtakes the puny force of Gravity!
>> No. 7371
[X] Focus your spirit and walk on the air.
>> No. 7372
[X] Focus your spirit and walk on the air.
>> No. 7373
[X] Focus your spirit and walk on the air.
>> No. 7374
[X] Focus your spirit and walk on the air.
>> No. 7375
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=fl-iM8kpiuE

Not a vote but this is what it reminds me of.
>> No. 7376
[X] Focus your spirit and plummet to your death.
>> No. 7384
[+] Focus your spirit and walk on the air.
haha oh wow.
>> No. 7389
[] Focus your spirit and double jump in the air
>> No. 7400
[X] Focus your spirit and walk on the air.
>> No. 7401
[ ] Focus your spirit and begin to sing about snowmen.
>> No. 7402
[Y] Hold shift for focused movement.

Kidding aside,
[Y] Focus your spirit and walk on the air.
>> No. 7404
File 121848658054.jpg - (92.19KB , 555x502 , 121710401090.jpg ) [iqdb]
7404
Oh ho. Air walkan gaems. Also that's all for tonight.

-----------------

You are falling, or at least you are about to. Objectively, you should crash to the ground and die horribly. But objectively you shouldn't be up here in the first place. Marisa means well, you know that much, but you must and you will stand on your own two legs. You ignore her hand and begin to descend again, quickly dropping below Marisa's level of elevation.

Unfortunately you aren't slowing down. A faint sense of panic suddenly starts to manifest in your head, feeding off the more and more likely possibility of this ending up quite ugly. The near-solid green of the crown canopy does little to assuage your fears. You begin to brace yourself for impact as you approach the treetops.

Then you hear soft, whispering inside your mind. A voice smooth like silk, strangely androgynous and yet terribly forceful speaks strange words to you. Words in a language different than your own and yet familiar ones, words that you can understand perfectly even though you should not.

"Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? 'Thou shalt' is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, 'I will.' 'Thou shalt' lies in his way, sparkling like gold, an animal covered with scales; and on every scale shines a golden 'thou shalt'." Time seems to slow as the ground inexorably approaches, as if every second was dragged out by some cosmic trickster.

An amused chuckle follows and the words fade away with a final, haunting question. "Will you be the lion, human?" You already know your answer.

Calling on will and spirit you halt your descent. Without any fanfare or fireworks you simply stop in the air and begin walking back up, as if you were slowly ascending an invisible staircase.

Marisa looks down at your climb through thin air. "Sigurd you big liar, you could fly after all." She yells while grinning like a maniac.

"Not flying," You repeat "I walk on air." Marisa obviously mistakes your statement for a joke as her grin widens even further.

"Sure you are! But when did you learn to fly -ze?"

Before you can reply Shanghai suddenly floats into view and tugs Marisa's sleeve. You look around and see Alice standing still in the distance. She seems to be waving to you and Marisa. While you watch the dollmaker, her doll flies down to you and lands on your shoulder. The little puppet points at her mistress.

"Oh what now?" Marisa grumbles and flies off. You will yourself to move and follow her. The sensation of sky-walking is strange, despite your relatively calm pace you easily keep up with Marisa. Shanghai sits down on your shoulder, like a little child might do. You find this terribly endearing.

You and Shanghai reach Alice only slightly after Marisa does. The black-white witch seems agitated and is loudly demanding to know why Alice wanted to talk with you.

"...and besides, you're too slow -ze. We gotta get this done quick and..."

"I know." Alice curtly cuts off Marisa in mid-sentence with only the slightest tinge of satisfaction colouring her voice. "That's why I thought you'd like to know that you were going in the wrong direction."

"Eeehhh?" Marisa looks around herself while suddenly blushing "I... I knew that... " Alice raises and eyebrow and smiles knowingly. The black-white's face turns a few shades redder and she quickly turns away. The black-white witch almost grinds her teeth in frustration, then she looks down and grumbles. "Well played, doll girl, well played -ze." Alice allows herself a small smile of triumph, then she turns back to you.

"Well then, enough dilly-dallying." The puppetmaker turns and flies off in the opposite direction. Marisa sighs and follows her. An interesting relationship indeed. You take up the rearguard with Shanghai, walking briskly after the black-white. Fortunately you're able to kep up just fine. For a few minutes you simply marvel at the sights from the air. Then, as some of the novelty fades, you contemplate doing something else. But what would that be?


[ ] Go and talk with Marisa.

[ ] Go and talk with Alice.

[ ] Talk with Shanghai.

[ ] Experiment a bit with your sky-walking powers.

[ ] Just admire the scenery. The view from the air is fantastic.
>> No. 7405
>Shanghai sits down on your shoulder, like a little child might do. You find this terribly endearing.

THIS DOLL. IT WAS MADE FOR ME.

[x] Talk with Shanghai.
[x] Experiment a bit with your sky-walking powers.

Sky running, sky crawling, sky skipping...
>> No. 7406
[ x ] Talk with Shanghai.

WHILE SKY-MOONWALKING
>> No. 7407
[x] Talk with Shanghai.

SHANGHAI ROUTE GO
>> No. 7408
[x] Talk with Shanghai.
[x] Experiment a bit with your sky-walking powers.
>> No. 7409
[µ] Talk with Shanghai.

>Shanghai sits down on your shoulder, like a little child might do. You find this terribly endearing.

My thoughts exactly, SiguHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNGH
>> No. 7410
[x] Talk with Shanghai.
[x] Experiment a bit with your sky-walking powers.
>> No. 7411
[x] Talk with Shanghai.

and if we have time to:

[x] Experiment a bit with your sky-walking powers.
>> No. 7412
Nothing is more manly than a viking with a bear cape and a lil doll on his shoulder.
>> No. 7413
[x] Talk with Shanghai.
[x] Experiment a bit with your sky-walking powers.
>> No. 7414
We're trying to get to Mayohiga, correct? Then, if Marisa's going the wrong way, that means she's getting lost. Which means she's actually going the right way.

Anyway.
[+] Talk with Shanghai.
[+] Experiment a bit with your sky-walking powers.
>> No. 7415
I'm terribly disappointed. All this time, and not a single person hotglued the doll.
>> No. 7418
>>7415

gb2/eientei/, creep
>> No. 7423
Let it be known that I am writing.
>> No. 7424
>>7415
If we take the Alice Route, this will come later.
Threesome with Alice and Shanghai.
>> No. 7425
File 121855525025.png - (212.15KB , 600x600 , 121616366641.png ) [iqdb]
7425
>>7414

But you have to be near the border to find Mayohiga, so yeah.

______________________

[ ] Talk with Shanghai.
[ ] Experiment a bit with your sky-walking powers.


It seems as if circumstance and fate conspire to keep you and Shanghai together. Not that you're complaining.

"Little one, how fare you this day?" Shanghai turns her pretty head towards you and smiles warmly. You suddenly remember that she can't talk. You wonder if it makes sense talking to someone who can't answer. And besides that, what would you talk about with Shanghai anyway? You decide to try regardless.

You sweep out your arm over the scenery. "To soar like the birds of Odin over the world of men. Is it not glorious?" Shanghai looks a bit confused, but nods in reply. "By the way, is the way to dark demon's hall still long?" Shanghai shakes her head slowly. It seems as if she's more wary all of a sudden. Was it something you said?

"You know about Yukari?" As you mention the gap youkai's name Shanghai looks down and covers her face with her hands. You struggle to make sense of this pantomime.

"Is she... frightening?" The little doll looks back at you and nods vigorously.

Silence follows, mostly because you can't think of anything else to say. You look a bit at the scenery instead, but fail to see anything interesting. Maybe you could see something from a higher altitude? You suddenly find that you've unconsciously started walking up some invisible slope. Interesting indeed. Spurred by this realization you tentatively begin to experiment with sky-walking. Shanghai floats off your shoulder and looks at you with curious eyes.

The first thing you notice is thet it seems as if your movement is controlled primarily by your will, and not the physical motions themselves. You find yourself able to speed up and slow down without changing your pace, a fact that strikes you as somewhat strange. Even stranger is the fact that you can't just float forwards. As soon as you stop walking it seems as if no amount of willpower can move you forward. Obviously you're not flying in the same way as Alice or Marisa do.

You try out a few more tricks while you're at it. Jumping in the air initially causes you to fall down to your original altitude, but you quickly discover that you can stop yourself in mid-jump and easily gain elevation by repeated jumps. Descending is also easy. Merely by willing it you discover that you can drop down and stop at a lower altitude. Then you try a series of increasingly complex aerial maneuvers. Shanghai watches and claps as you finish a particularily flashy triple backflip. You give her a theatrical bow and take another look at the area around you.

You immediately notice that the forest around here is less dense than the one near Marisa's house. In the distance you can see a range of mountains wrapped in some weird haze. By sharpening your gaze you can faintly make out a hill sticking out from the sea of trees far in the distance. You think you can make out a few buildings over there. That must be the Hakurei Shrine you've heard about.

A small but insistent tug at your sleeve shifts your attention back to Shanghai. The doll is pointing down at Alice and Marisa, who are suddenly descending fast. You let yourself drop down and follow the girls. After a few minutes you touch down on the ground, almost falling over as gravity suddenly reasserts its dominion over your body. Shanghai drops down after you, gives you a small curtsy and floats back to her mistress.

"This is it." Alice calmly states. "Operation Fafnir will commence now. I'll join you as soon as I've confirmed Yukari's location." Then the puppetmaker turns and flies off, leaving you and Marisa at the very edge of the Hakurei Barrier. You follow as the black-white leads the way into the shadowy realm at the foot of the mountains.

After a few minutes of walking the world is wrapped in a strange mist. It feels like no such thing as a straight line exists anymore, making for a somewhat disorienting experience. Marisa stops and looks around her, apparently searching for something.

"Right, we're here. This is the border alright." The young witch turns to you. "You have any ideas how we're supposed to get lost -ze?"


[ ] Suggest walking with your eyes closed.

[ ] Suggest heading off in a random direction.

[ ] Suggest another way to get lost (write-in)

[ ] Call to the gods for guidance.

[ ] Let Marisa decide. Isn't she supposed to be good at getting lost?
>> No. 7426
[x] Suggest spinning around in circles, then walking with your eyes closed for about 10 minutes.
[x] Think about something which takes your full attention, so you can't pay attention to your walking.
>> No. 7428
{X} Suggest another way to get lost
 - {X} Close eyes and spin spin spin~
 - {X} Start walking~
>> No. 7429
[x] Suggest spinning around in circles, then walking with your eyes closed for about 10 minutes.
[x] Think about something which takes your full attention, so you can't pay attention to your walking.
>> No. 7430
[Y] Suggest spinning around in circles, then walking with your eyes closed for about 10 minutes.
[Y] Think about something which takes your full attention, so you can't pay attention to your walking.
Won't we end up hitting trees or tripping on stuff with our eyes closed like that?
How about one person leading the other whos eyes are closed in a random direction, then switching places and going in another direction every few minutes? Just a suggestion.
>> No. 7432
[x] Suggest spinning around in circles, then walking with your eyes closed for about 10 minutes.
[x] Think about something which takes your full attention, so you can't pay attention to your walking.
[x] Have Shanghai watching out for obstacles and alerting the leader to them.
>> No. 7433
[x] Suggest you and Marisa make a ton of innuendos, if you know what I mean.
>> No. 7434
>>7432
I think Shanghai left with Alice.

This vote is reminding me of Intacto. How lucky are we feeling?
>> No. 7435
>>7434
[x] Back one choice.
[x] Take Shanghai with you.
>> No. 7450
>>7434
Oh right, she did.

Well, damn.
>> No. 7459
Writing now.
>> No. 7462
File 121864029114.jpg - (133.84KB , 437x640 , 2e06f6e8.jpg ) [iqdb]
7462
[ ] Suggest spinning around in circles, then walking with your eyes closed for about 10 minutes.
[ ] Think about something which takes your full attention, so you can't pay attention to your walking.


"Were we to go in unknown direction we would be lost. And were we to wander blind we would be lost. Thus the wise man would do both."

"Oh yeah, that would work." Marisa nods sagely at your suggestion. She then starts spinning around on the spot. She spins, spins, spins, with golden hair streaming around her. You suddenly have a feeling of deja vú. Blonde hair? Spinning? Somehow it feels familiar.

But those are trivial thoughts. Marisa stops and sways a bit. "Ugh, I feel woozy." She complains and shakes her head to get rid of the vertigo. She is facing an area of dense woods. Somehow you don't relish the thought of walking through that blind. But once again, the vagaries of uncaring fate seem to conspire against you. And even the Allfather himself is bound by the will of the grey sisters.

"Anyway, we go this way. Here, take my hand."

Your hand finds Marisa's and the two of you set off with closed eyes. You try to distract your mind in order to get even more lost, thinking about entirely unrelated matters like navigation or the proper composition of poetry.

For a few minutes you succed at walking while simultaneously keeping your mind focused on random subjects. Then the predictable result of walking blind and distracted happens. Some root or vine snags your feet and you fall to the ground with a crash. You manage to stop your fall with your hands, but the impact still knocks the wind out of you.

"Nidhögg corpse-gnawer take that damned thing..." Choking and muttering dire curses you open your eyes and push yourself up from the ground. You look around, fully expecting to see Marisa laughing at your misfortune. The problem is that she isn't. Marisa is suddenly gone without trace. You were holding her hand only a moment ago, how could she disappear like that? Well shit, this isn't good.

The thick mist somehow feels even more oppressive. You almost feel as if you're being watched.


[ ] Continue alone. Marisa can handle herself.

[ ] Search the area. She can't have gone far.

[ ] Call out for Marisa
>> No. 7465
[X] Search the area. She can't have gone far.
>> No. 7466
[ ] Continue alone. Marisa can handle herself.
>> No. 7467
[x] Search the area. She can't have gone far.
>> No. 7468
[ ] Search the area. She can't have gone far.
>> No. 7469
[x] Call out for Marisa

Shikigami ninjas!
>> No. 7471
[x] Call out for Marisa

Suddenly, Fox ninjas, hundreds
>> No. 7472
[X] Search the area. She can't have gone far.
>> No. 7480
[X] Continue alone. Marisa can handle herself.
>> No. 7481
[X] Continue alone. Marisa can handle herself.
>> No. 7482
Marisa made it in. We gotta keep wandering.

[x] Continue alone. Marisa can handle herself.
>> No. 7483
File 121865544597.png - (5.94KB , 415x193 , 1217760973572.png ) [iqdb]
7483
>>7469
>> No. 7486
[x] Call out for Marisa
>> No. 7488
[X] Continue alone. Marisa can handle herself.
>> No. 7491
[x] Search the area. She can't have gone far.

If we search for Marisa and find her, all the better. If we search for Marisa and get lost, we arrive at Mayohiga, which is where she'll wind up when she starts to search for us.

It's win-win.
>> No. 7493
[x] Search the area. She can't have gone far.

>>7491

This logic, it's wonderful. That said, inb4 we find Marisa before getting lost.
>> No. 7498
[X] Continue alone. Marisa can handle herself.
>> No. 7500
[x] Search the area. She can't have gone far.
>> No. 7503
[x] Search the area. She can't have gone far.
It can't go wrong!
>> No. 7505
[X] Continue alone. Marisa can handle herself.

We need to find Chen.
>> No. 7511
[+] Search the area. She can't have gone far.
>> No. 7512
Searching won. Writing
>> No. 7513
File 121870865179.jpg - (103.24KB , 500x375 , 1103461065_5b35434bd6.jpg ) [iqdb]
7513
I have a lot of free time today, so as long as I get votes you can expect updates.

________________________

[ ] Search the area. She can't have gone far.


You have to find Marisa. It would be an ill thing to leave a friend in need, and furthermore she must be close by.

You take a better look at your surroundings and begin a systematic search of the area. The forest isn't very dense but the ground is uneven, filled with small holes and roots sticking out above ground. Small wonder that you fell. Yet something's strange. As far as you can see the terrain is the same all around you. You should have tripped a long time ago unless you were very lucky indeed. You wonder if the ground itself has shifted under your feet. But on the positive side, you are well and truly lost now.

But no, idle speculation can wait. For now you must find Marisa. You make sure to be as stealthy as possible as you look through every nook and cranny you can find. If there is anything out in the mist you would not want to attract its attention. Unfortunately your search proves fruitless. You make sure to double-check the area even more carefully but to no avail.

Then something in the corner of your eye attracts your attention. Though the mist is dense and you can't see clearly it almost looks as if something is moving towards you. Something large. You sharpen your eyes and gaze out into the mist. A sudden flicker of fire darts out from the shadowy form. Most certainly something is moving towards you. Could it simply be ill fortune, or have you somehow attracted some guardian of the border itself? Luckily it doesn't seem as if it has noticed you yet. You could probably get away, but that would mean abandoning your search for Marisa.


[ ] Stay where you are and confront whatever's out there.

[ ] Hide and observe what happens.

[ ] Run for it.
>> No. 7514
[ ] Hide and observe what happens.
>> No. 7515
[x] Hide and observe what happens.
>> No. 7517
[x] Stay where you are and confront whatever's out there.

Vikings don't hide, they face things head on.
>> No. 7518
[x] Stay where you are and confront whatever's out there.
>> No. 7519
[x] Stay where you are and confront whatever is out there.

Unlimited respawns makes me stupid and fearless!
>> No. 7520
>>7519

Reasonable, assuming that you actually have unlimited respawns.
>> No. 7521
>>7520

shock.jpg

dun dun DUUUUUN!

If you are bored today, you should come over and play with us on the TouhouVN. We'd love to have you onboard.
>> No. 7523
>>7521

Careful or I might do just that.

But seriously tough, since you asked I guess I have no excuse for not joining up.


And on an unrelated note, I'll wait an hour or two for more votes, then I'll write the next update anyway.
>> No. 7524
[$] Hide and observe what happens.
>> No. 7525
[x] Stay where you are and confront whatever is out there.
>> No. 7526
Confrontation wins. Writing now.
>> No. 7527
File 121874341069.jpg - (114.28KB , 484x469 , 2-chimera-a.jpg ) [iqdb]
7527
Right. There may or may not be another update tonight. I promise to tell before I go to sleep though.

_______________________

[ ] Stay where you are and confront whatever's out there


No beast nor any dark trickery will sway you. Any foe will meet the cold steel of your blade. The familiar weight of your axe reassures you and your trusty shield feels good in your grip. Come dark beast or the fell giants of Jötunheim, you are not afraid.

The shadows linger around the shapeless figure. It is slow, lumbering towards you like a glacier of darkness. Again a stray flicker of fire snakes out. Still you cannot see what it is.

Your mind conjures up a thousand different daemons, each one more terrible than the last. This waiting, this feeling of not knowing, it is pure torture. It is almost a relief when the huge shape suddenly glides out from the mist, illuminated by a breath of fire. Almost a relief, were it not for the fact that you stare doom incarnate in the eye.

It is a nightmare made flesh, an impossible amalgam of animal parts wowen into one horrifying whole. A snake-tailed being with a lion's powerful body, but far too big to be natural. The hissing head of a fell lindwyrm and the horned head of a ram complete the three-headed beast. Fire burns in its multiple eyes and tongues of flame dart out between razor-sharp daggerlike teeth. This is a sight that would make lesser men run in terror. The ancient fear of mankind wowen into monstrous flesh. You feel a strange emotion as you behold the living horror that is the Chimaira.

Not fear. Not revulsion. Excitement. The burning ambition to conquer and ice-cold clarity of mind, the traits of a true son of the north ready to kill or die this day. You mind sings a hymn of praise to the High One for granting you a worthy foe.

The great beast fixes its three gazes on you and roars, fire and fury mingling with its fetid breath. It coils its powerful muscles, ready to pounce and devour you. You immediately assume a fighting stance, your shieldarm extended before you and axe drawn back and ready to strike. You already know what you will do...


[ ] Wait for it to pounce, then roll underneath it and attack.

[ ] Leap into the sky as it pounces and deliver a diving charge.

[ ] Throw a dagger to distract it, then charge.

[ ] Throw your axe as it leaps, then finish it off with you dagger.

[ ] Rush towards it as it charges and bash it with your shield.
>> No. 7529
[ ] Leap into the sky as it pounces and deliver a diving charge.

let us take advantage of our newfound jumping ability, speed, and power
>> No. 7530
[ ] Leap into the sky as it pounces and deliver a diving charge.
>> No. 7531
[ x ] Leap into the sky as it pounces and deliver a diving charge.
>> No. 7532
[x] Leap into the sky as it pounces and deliver a diving charge.
>> No. 7534
[µ] Leap into the sky as it pounces and deliver a diving charge.

If nothing else, there's no fail like epic fail.
>> No. 7535
'kay, writing again.
>> No. 7536
File 121875636768.jpg - (85.09KB , 480x600 , 1215400288884.jpg ) [iqdb]
7536
All right. Last one for today.

Will return to writing sometime tomorrow.
____________________________________

[ ] Leap into the sky as it pounces and deliver a diving charge.


You leap into the air as the Chimaira springs forward. You will is honed to a razor's edge as you make a second jump in mid-air. Three rows of fangs snap shut beneath you, a testament to the creature's surprising speed. If you had been just a little slower it would have been your body that would have felt the touch of those deadly daggers.

For a moment the great beast stops in confusion, but after that brief pause two of its heads turn upwards, straight towards you. Malevolent intelligence gleams from the pairs of blood-red orbs as it sees you in the air. The serpent and ram heads draw deep breaths and exhale great gouts of fire towards you. You swear that you can see malevolent satisfaction in the monster's eyes.

And why not? Any lesser man would be trapped by the laws of the world, helplessly suspended in the air while he was incinerated. You, on the other hand punch physics in the gut and spring downwards from an invisible foundation of air while howling a wordless battlecry. The bloodcurdling scream echoes throughout the forest, but if someone is there to hear it is unknown to you.

For a moment you can see surprise in the Chimaira's eyes. It is swiftly replaced by pain and rage as your axe crashes into one of its thick necks. Your swing was far too fast for the beast to dodge, and the satisfying crunch of broken bone accompanied by the spray of blood are the rewards of your aerial maneuver. The beast roars in pain and threshes beneath you. Somehow you get to your feet and try to wrench your axe free. You dodge a vicious bite from the serpent head and block the venomous fangs of the snake tail, knocking it aside with your shield. With a final mighty tug your weapon breaks free and you immediately leap away from the great monster.

With almost supernatural agility it turns towards you and its serpent head lunges towards you. The angle is off and you easily deflect the blow, but the impact knocks you down to the ground and leaves you wide open for the dark guardian's vicous claws. You leap back instantly, but not even your superhuman speed can save you from harm. Its great claw slashes your chest, giving you a few shallow lacerations. The damage in itself is insignificant, but they serve to remind you of this monster's potency.

Both of you are wary now. You can see that your attack really did a number on the monster. The ram's head hangs limply at its side. Your blow apparently shattered its spine, killing or paralyzing the head itself. You grin wickedly as you feel your spirit soar by this deadly dance. You hold out your axe in a mock salute and taunt the fell beast.

"Come, O spawn of mist and shadow. Meet gleaming blade and burning courage." Your challenge is met by a feral snarl and a murderous gaze.

"So be it, beast of the border. To the halls of Hel with you!" The battlelust is welling up with you. This foolish beast dares stand against you. You shall crush its body and rip out its heart for that insolence.

Then unexpected things happen fast.

"Siiigurd!" Marisa's familiar voice accompanies the shower of eldritch bolts streaking out from the mist. The brave black-white herself follows, firing off a storm of sorcery at the Chimaira. Though the great beast is critically wounded, the fear of death and final rush of adrenaline make it a most deadly foe. It dodges most of the magical doom, shrugs off the rest and pounces towards Marisa. She freezes at the unexpected surge of vitality and fumbles with something in her hands.

Damn it all, you must do something fast.


[ ] Try to jump between Marisa and the monster.

[ ] Summon every ounce of strenght and throw your axe at the Chimaira.

[ ] Leap at the great beast and try to tackle it aside.
>> No. 7537
[+] Summon every ounce of strenght and throw your axe at the Chimaira.
>> No. 7538
>>7536
[Y] Summon every ounce of strenght and throw your axe at the Chimaira.
> She freezes at the unexpected surge of vitality and fumbles with something in her hands.

The other choices might end up with Sigurd on the wrong end of a Master Spark.
>> No. 7539
[x] Summon every ounce of strenght and throw your axe at the Chimaira.
>> No. 7540
>>7538
That's what I thought, too.

[x] Summon every ounce of strenght and throw your axe at the Chimaira.
>> No. 7541
[+] Summon every ounce of strenght and throw your axe at the Chimaira.
>> No. 7542
[x] Summon every ounce of strenght and throw your axe at the Chimaira.

Seems like the only option which won't immediately kill us. Can't say the same for Marisa~
>> No. 7544
[X] Summon every ounce of strenght and throw your axe at the Chimaira.
>> No. 7545
[x] Summon every ounce of strenght and throw your axe at the Chimaira.
>> No. 7548
[ ] Summon every ounce of strength and throw your axe at the Chimaera.
>> No. 7552
Going by how it reacted to our first attack, the hurled axe should be enough to stagger it, if it doesn't kill or paralyze the creature outright.
>> No. 7589
[X] Summon every ounce of strenght and throw your axe at the Chimaira.