[Return]
Archived thread

File 121741364787.jpg - (41.24KB , 400x334 , skiesofarcadia.jpg ) [iqdb]
6984 No. 6984
Suddenly! Updates!

----

"Mystia! Hard to port!" A thunderous tremor rocks the ship and plumes of black smoke streak the air. "Cirno, Rumia, Daiyousai! Reload and fire a spread across the enemy vessels!"
With a chorus of "Ayes" the crew set about your orders with haste, spinning the wheel from hand to hand Mystia sends the massive Herald lurching to one side narrowly evading a volley of bright Danmaku that speeds past by inches with a screeching wail. Soon your own cannon respond with a rumbling bark of their own spraying a rainbow of explosions scattered across the horizon, engulfing the Empire ships in light.

"Damage Report!" You roar at Marisa and Alice, their hands a blur over their stations.
"Massive damage to the deck armour, structural weakening over the engines due to rear impacts."
"Fires have started on decks three and one."
"Fuck!" Slamming your fist down onto the podium you try to think of what's on those decks, preserved food stuffs and repair supplies. At least it's not the munitions room.
"Kourin! Assemble a fire team from whoever we can spare!"
Calm, even in the face of a risky battle, Kourin responds with his usual flat tone.
"We have no hands to spare at this time, Captain."
"FUCK!"

Again you bring your fist down onto the podium in frustration, he's right of course, you can’t afford to take anyone from their battle stations right now and yet that fire threatens to consume the entire ship....

"I can help!"
"Wha?"
Breaking your train of thought a sprightly smile pops into view under a mess of aqua locks and a floppy green cap; she leans on the opposite end of the podium from you grinning sweetly despite the chaos around her.
"Forgive me miss, but who the hell are you?"
"Huh, you don't remember me?" Surprised she blinks in confusion at you pointing to her face, while normally you'd take more care with a lady's person you can't really divert your attention from the three Empire ships up your arse right now. You give her a blank look; she huffs at you in response and steps around the podium hands on hips.
"I'm Nitori, the Moryian engineer you saved from the Republic ship?"
"Ahhhhhh!" The memories come flooding back all of a sudden as you come to recognize her at last, another blast that judders the ship violently snaps your attention back to the situation at hand however.

"Well miss Nitori while I apologize for not taking the time to speak with such a lovely young lady sooner," You flash her a winning smile. "I hope you'll forgive me if we skip the niceties. You said you'll put out the fires and save my ship?"
She nods enthusiastically.
"Aye Captain! Hey that's pretty fun isn't it?" She adds giggling, rather light hearted considering the situation you can't help but think. She's not much like Aya or Momizi that's certain, her accent isn't nearly as thick either.
"That's good enough for me, Kourin! Take her with you and do the best you can."
"As you say Captain."
"I'll help too."
"Reimu?" You can't help but say incredulously, the elegant and demure shrine maiden steps forward resolutely shedding the baggy outer robe of her garments.
"I have a stake in this ship as well Captain, I choose to do my part as well."

Normally you'd make an attempt to convince her otherwise seeing as you'd rather not put a lady of her standing through something like fighting a fire, but heaven knows you need the help right now, decorum be damned! You had never realized how under-crewed your ship was before today; quickly you give them a nod of assent and turn back to the situation at hand.

"They're moving to block us captain!"
Alice's warning cry pulls your attention to the sky once again, streaming past you on either side as they hammer you with their guns two of the Empire ships pull forward in an attempt to over take you. Another streaks above you sending ripples of disturbed air over The Herald shaking it slightly.

"They're trying to form a blockade Captain!"
This isn't good, if it were only two of them you'd have a better chance of breaking through without harm but as things stand they can intercept you on all three axis at this range.

You let out a pent up breath and try to assess the situation calmly, the three ships you're facing are lighter than yours by far and were designed for reconnaissance and intercepting smaller targets. They're fast but lack punch or armour, individually they pose little threat to you but these three captains are clearly used to working with one another and have perfected locking down their opponent between them with admirable skill. Your guess would be they've been assigned to catching spies and smugglers, they're hoping to bring you down and gain some favour with their superiors.

"Alice, what's behind us?"
"It looks like half the defence force has turned up for this captain; the south east is swarming with ships." Her serious eyes turn to you gravely.
"Even if we weren't damaged, we'd have no hope against them."
Looks like Yukari couldn't delay pursuit any longer, you're thankful for the time she bought you but even a little more would've been nice.
"Why do we always get chased everywhere -ze?"
"I guess we're just popular like that really, such is the hazard of fame." With the rose held to you eye you give a look of mock melodrama, Marisa snorts derisively and chuckles.
"More like infamy!"

In terms of acceleration they can move quicker and with more agility than you, but in a straight mile your bigger engine would outstrip them easily. If you can figure out a way to pass their blockade then you can easily out run them, you can afford to let the rest of their forces catch up, but what's the best approach.

"We're being hailed by the three enemy vessels captain."
"They probably want to ask us to surrender."
Wriggle glances at you uncertainly, her hand hesitating to connect.
"Do you want to respond to the hailing captain?"

--------
Communication:
[ ] Accept the hail
[ ] Ignore them

Tactics:

[ ] Full engine power, steer a course between the ships Mystia. All hands brace for impact, we're going to force our way through!

[ ] Arm the Magic canon and prepare to fire upon my order Marisa, let's show them the full force of our burning spirits!

[ ] Concentrate all fire on one ship, if we can sink or cripple one maybe they'll stop to aid it while we get away.

[ ] Keep up a constant barrage of fire in front of The Herald and try to drive them off.

[ ] Surrender

---

Okay here's the deal, I'm using my last day off this week to do some writing and then tomorrow I'm back to burger mines. I've got this cool little private study room in the library right now and can write without fear of interruption or weird looks.

But the catch is that I have to be out of here by 4:30 PM GMT +0, it's 11:26am right now. So we've got five or six hours to do this thing, I'll be calling it when I feel like it with a minimum of three votes per action.

Let's do this!

>> No. 6985
[ x ] Accept the hail
[ x ] Arm the Magic canon and prepare to fire upon my order Marisa, let's show them the full force of our burning spirits!
>> No. 6987
File 121741509754.jpg - (156.37KB , 560x420 , 1215552819795.jpg ) [iqdb]
6987
[ x ] Accept the hail
[ x ] Arm the Magic canon and prepare to fire upon my order Marisa, let's show them the full force of our burning spirits!

>Surprise ramming~

But we are already quite damaged, so yeah!
>> No. 6988
>But we are already quite damaged, so yeah!
Oh fine~

{ x } Accept the hail
{ x } Arm the Magic canon and prepare to fire upon my order Marisa, let's show them the full force of our burning spirits!
>> No. 6989
File 121741531252.jpg - (731.49KB , 1115x1600 , 121476904118.jpg ) [iqdb]
6989
6987

[ x ] Accept the hail
[ x ] Arm the Magic canon and prepare to fire upon my order Marisa, let's show them the full force of our burning spirits!

MOAR HOTBLOOD. MOAR SCORN/. ARM THE ICBM.
>> No. 6990
[x] Accept the hail
[x] Arm the Magic canon and prepare to fire upon my order Marisa, let's show them the full force of our burning spirits!

Hahaha what a thing to wake up to.
>> No. 6991
Magic canon it is, writan'. Also, I've been turfed out my awesome little study room already, not as planned.
>> No. 6992
File 121741553420.jpg - (401.42KB , 750x750 , b511143fde60742be87cc4cf92021ce5.jpg ) [iqdb]
6992
>They're fast but lack punch or armour, individually they pose little threat to you but these three captains are clearly used to working with one another and have perfected locking down their opponent between them with admirable skill.

ξ・∀・)
>> No. 6993
Another pirate-themed CYOA? Well, may as well see how it turns out.

[X] Accept the hail
[X] Arm the Magic canon and prepare to fire upon my order Marisa, let's show them the full force of our burning spirits!
>> No. 6994
>>6993
>Another pirate-themed CYOA?
ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 6995
File 121741570472.jpg - (18.50KB , 376x458 , what.jpg ) [iqdb]
6995
>>6993

>Another pirate-themed CYOA
>> No. 6996
File 121741576863.png - (37.76KB , 185x243 , 1212249840883.png ) [iqdb]
6996
>>6993

>Another pirate-themed CYOA?
>> No. 6997
>>6984

hooray.jpg

[ ] Accept the hail
[ ] Arm the Magic canon and prepare to fire upon my order Marisa, let's show them the full force of our burning spirits!
>> No. 6999
File 12174181823.jpg - (59.38KB , 750x750 , 121658626988.jpg ) [iqdb]
6999
"Stall them for a second Wriggle, I have a plan!"
"Aye sir!"

With a sweep that sends your coat tails swirling behind you, you bear down on Marisa with a violent grin.

"Oh I know I'm going to like this."
Her sharp teeth reflect your own visage, the exceptional synergy between you and Marisa when it comes to acts of pure destruction is really quite marvellous. Alice buries her head in her hands.
"We're already fugitives, I suppose there's nothing wrong with that look." She raises an imploring eye to you. "But why do I still feel terrified when I see you two like that?"

You disregard Alice's concerns and reassure her with a manly arm gesture, to your delight Marisa copies your move exactly and speaking in perfect sync with you.

"This is the time to show them the burning fury of our indominoable spirit Alice! A glorious attack of destructive love that will pave the skies with the new road to the future!"
With one hand raised in preemptive triumph and the other pointing to the foe you call.
"Charge the magic canon Marisa! Mini-Hakkero reactor to power! Turbines to speed!"
"Ayeeeeeee captain!"

Deep within the ship a heavy humming begins, sending vibrations through the steel that buzzes with restrained power. Power that will slowly build to a cresendo of glamourous doom!

But first, you need to hold off long enough to charge the canon and that means you need to calm down before talking. Moments like this always get you worked up but if the enemy gets supcious then all will be for naught, taking a calming breath you centre yourself and assume a look of perfect composure and confidence. Even as your heart races inside you.

"Okay, Miss Wriggle, I'm ready."
"Patching you through sir."

"Serious Elder Sister Type! Lunasa of The Guarneri del Gesù."
"Sweet Middle Sister Type! Merlin of The Hino Phantasm."
"And I! The Energetic Little Sister Type! Ilustrious captain of the glourious Bösendorfer Lyrica!"

"That last one is as vain as you cap'n."
Marisa mutters at you softly.

"Lyrica! You went too far, you're always trying to upstage everyone!" The one introduced as the Sweet Middle Sister begins to berate the youngest, ignoring you for the moment.
"It's not my fault you two can't come up with anything glamourous, don't blame me if you're flat and boring!"
"Call me flat and boring? You haven't moved up a bra size since the academy!"
"YOU SWORE YOU'D NEVER TELL!"
"Um, Ladies?"

Forlornly you try to get their attention as the two younger sisters quarrel intensly with one another, you're begining to wonder if they're really the ones who've got you cornered right now. The eldest one catches your eye for a moment, sighs and gives you an apologetic nod, before wading into the argument.

"All right you two, that's enough. Lyrica you shouldn't upstage your sisters like that."
"Haaa!" Merlin laughs mockingly at her sibling.
"And you Merlin," Lunasa quickly turns on her. "Interrupted our perfect introduction! Really I'm ashamed to be with either of you."
"Sorry Luna."
"Should we start over?"
"If I may venture a suggestion?"

As you pipe in once again they suddenly become aware of your existance again, breaking up their squabble they immediately assume a look of defiance and announce imperiaously a challange in unison.

"We are the Prismriver sister trio! Our perfect team work has cornered you, you have no hope of escape! Surrender your ship to us!"
"However we will be more leniant if your captain agrees to marry me upon his custody!"
"WHAAAT?"

Instantly the trio delve into chaotic arguing upon Lyrica's demands, this time a bit more vicious if you're any judge. It seems they can't decide who gets to marry you upon your surrender, while it's troublesome you can't help but feel a little bubble of pride welling up inside your chest as the-

"Reinforcements in bound captain." Alice calls out sharply breaking you from your reveriy. "We'll be swarmed under unless we get moving, now!"
"Uh right."

The hum of the magic canon's reactor is growing steadily, even if it is being drowned out by the scene before you and while in less dire circumstances you'd attempt to play them off against one another you're rather pressed for time right now. Spreading your arms wide you attempt to grab their attention once again.

"Ladies! LADIES! That's better." Breaking from each other they watch you with a rapt expression, seeing how they get distracted so easily you can see why they're low ranking.

"While in any other circumstance I would gladly engage in the waltz of the sky with three lovely partners like yourselves, I am finding my self a little pressed for time. So with no offense meant, I'm afraid I'm going to have to get past now my dears."

The first to recover from your flowery words is Lunasa, with a staunch grin she sits back in her chair.
"Isn't it terribly bad manners to just brush us off like that, I thought you were a gentleman?" A strange look passes across her face and she snaps her fingers.
"I've got an idea sisters, first one to actually take him get to be his bride! All hands prepare for boarding action!"
"All hands! Boarding action!" Her sisters echo, with a sorrowful smile however you dash all their hopes.

"I'm afraid I really must decline Miss Primsivers, a gentleman always leaves before he's outstayed his welcome and it seems the Empire is growing rather tired of my antics. Save a spot on your dance cards for me next time."
"Magic canon is charged captain!"
"Very good Marisa, very well!"

"MASTER SPARK CANON! FIREEEEEEEEEEEE!"


The front of The Herald splits open to unveil your finest weapon, the master spark canon. Hidden inside the prow of your ship it bursts forth when fully charged to surprise the foe before obilterating them in a show of impossible power.
>> No. 7000
Cont.
>> No. 7001
Actually I think I cut that in the wrong place.

-----

A golden stream of intense light pirces the heavens and bathes the bridge in it's glow setting everything in a cast like the setting sun, waves of heat assail the bridge and you're forced to look away from the scene before you. The hail is lost as the blast of pure magical energy rips into the three Empire ships and crackles all around meancingly as the excess is discharged into the air. All through out the bridge instruments crackle and malfunction while the lights above flicker, the beam's steady pulse is sent through the ship like a heart beat.

Finally the light clears, slowly The Herald returns to full functionality and the crew blink in the natural light of the sun once more. The magic canon retracts into it's hidden housing with a mechanical clunk as great wafts of smoke pour from it's sides.

The three ships that opposed you now limp listlessly before you, it's remarkable that ships so weak in defense were able to withstand a Master Spark but you have a feeling that Marisa might not of charge the reactor all the way. You shudder at the thought of the canon's full strength on display, prey that you never have to resort to that Rex.

"Status report of the enemy vessels."
Alice nods and begins to announce the read out before her.
"All three ship's internal systems are down. Forward engine movement disabled. Weapons crippled. The ship's little more than a floating wreck sir."
"Fatalities? Casualties?"
Gravely you force yourself to ask that, war always carries a risk and while you probably won't be able to get an accurate reading for now you hope to at least get an idea of the damage you've done.

"Predicted fatalities at zero, unless there was someone walking above deck there should be no one dead. Casualties are predicted in the region of ten to twenty per ship from exploding equipment and munitions as well as magical burns in less protected regions of the ship."
"Thank you Alice."

Already you're being forced to harm your own people, those that you stood for and protected with your life once you now strike down. Have you turned your back on them? Or did they turn their back on you?

"O-orders captain?"
A solumn air has fallen over the bridge, the crew look to their captain for guidence in these times and should you look worried or uncertain they'll feel it too. You'll have to worry in private, for now you need to inspire these girls.

"Good work every one but we're not out of the woods yet. All right! Time to make progress, full engine power! Let's out run the rest of that force before they can catch up!"
"Any particular heading captain?"
Mystia's innocent query raises a good point, you said you're heading to Moriya when you left but that was really just a joke because the wind was blowing that way. Now you're faced with the difficult descion of choosing a port to call in, at least in short term for repairs.

"I think the general direction of away would be good right now Miss Mystia."
"Aye cap'n."
"Wriggle, patch me through to the intercom. I have an annoucement."
A moment's work and Wriggle has you speaking to the entire crew.

"We've successfully evaded the blockade, with our head start and the strength of our engines we'll out run our pursuours soon. Thank you everyone for your hard work as usual. Once we loose sight of The Empire ships I want everyone to meet me in the map room for a conference, that includes both crew and passangers. That is all."

The intercom sputters and then winks out, all around you the girls begin idle conversation with one another leaving you stood uncertain what to do for a moment.

You've got some time before the conference, nothing threatens the ship immediately and it doesn't look like you'll be dealing with anything any time soon. While you escape you've got some free time where no one needs the captain.

__________

[ ] Take a moment in private for yourself

sub choice
[ ] On deck
[ ] Your Quarters
[ ] Map Room

[ ] Go find the passangers, see how they're doing

[ ] Speak to [choose a crew members]
>> No. 7002
[X] Go find the passengers, see how they're doing.

Maybe they still need a hand with those fires.
>> No. 7003
[ ] Go find the passangers, see how they're doing
>> No. 7004
Sorry for the huge wall of no choices, I've been back logged for a while as you may tell.
>> No. 7005
[x] Go find the passangers, see how they're doing

FUCK YES SCORN IS BACK WITH CAPTAIN ANONYMOUS REX
I am crying tears of joy here.
>> No. 7007
[ ] Go find the passangers, see how they're doing
>> No. 7008
Okay Passangers. Writing.
>> No. 7010
>>7008
Writing like the fist of North star there Scorn.
>> No. 7011
>>7010

You jinxed it, you fuck.
>> No. 7012
>>7011

Whoops, never mind. Made a mistake with this board's fucking times.
>> No. 7013
Quietly you tell Mystia that you're going to go check on the fires to see if they've been put out, your real concern is the girl you've betrayed your entire country to protect seeing as it would be tragic and stupid if she died now, but you'd rather not say that outloud in case you jinx it. Mystia gives you a reassuring nod then turns back to her wheel, she's always been a bit quiet to be honest but Mystia is one of the best helmswomen you know and at times a bit more insightful than you'd like to be honest. She spends most of her free time with the gunners oddly enough, you always thought she'd be closer to the bridge crew or Aya things considered but as things stand but you've never seen them spend a particularly lot of time together. Still, thanks to her Wriggle settled in with her bunk mates a little more easily.

Free of the bridge and any pressing matters you decide to take the long way down to deck three, no reason you're starting there just a hunch, so you can inspect the damage.

The armor of the ship is crumpled badly in places but it's held, once in a while you run your hand over the metal to see if it's broken any seems but that tell tale draft of cold air seeping in isn't present. Seems you were lucky so far, although you wouldn't want to face anyone else in this shape.

As you delve deeper into the bowels of the ship the damge of the fire begins to become evident, the surfaces are stained black with soot and pools of murky water swill gently with the sway of the ship. You make a mental note to check if you're listing slightly later, any devation from course could prove fatal. However the fire itself seems to be dealt with, there's no unexpected light or uncomfortable heat coming from anywhere on this level by the look of things.

Up ahead you hear familiar voices just beyond an open bulk head that you seem to recall is where the fire started, in the maintaince supply bay. Making a silent prayer for the everything to be okay you duck into the room knocking on the steel as you go.

"Captain! What brings you here?"

Covered head to toe in filth Reimu Hakurei, a high born lady and the leader of an entire religion, stands beaming at you ankle deep in filthy water wiping the sweat from her sooty brow. Her long skirts hiked up and her long sleeves rolled away revealing elegant alabaster arms and legs smeared with black, her hair is wet and matted rather than shiny and sleek yet she wears a look of total saticefaction.

"Huh?" You catch yourself staring and try to look nochelaunt. " Why I came to ensure the saftey of my most precious cargo of course!"
"Really?" She gives you a look of bewilderment.
"I'm afraid a lot of things got destroyed in the fire captain."
You chuckle.
"I mean you of course Reimu."
"I have a report concerning our losses captain."
"AH!"

Once again, without warning or provocation Kourin has snuck up on you from behind making you cry out like a little girl, one of these days you intend to stand in a totally empty room with no windows and only one door then call for him.

"I keep telling you not to do that man!"
"My apologiese sir. The losses are as follows."

And you fully expect him to be able to still sneak up on you even if you did. You raise a hand to your aid to halt him, the details aren't that important right now.

"Just give me the facts Kourin, how is our food supply? Can we make repairs en route? Will we have to make port any time soon?"
In perhaps the only expressive gesture he ever makes, Kourin adjusts his glasses irritatedly.

"We have food to last us eleven days at our current rate. We also consumed a lot of fresh water fighting the fire. Our repair facilities were compromised during that fire I'm afraid. In other words, sir, we have roughly eleven days to find a port sir."
"Oh my."

Oh my indeed Reimu, it seems we're in worse shape than I thought. You scowl, at least it makes choosing a heading easier because now you're forced to go to the nearest friendly port. Something is bugging you though.

"Where's miss Nitori? Wasn't she fighting the fire with you two?"
You look quizzically to Reimu and Kourin, noting that unlike Reimu Rinnosuke has maintain his immaculate appearance.

"She said she could handle the fire on deck on alone, I hope she's alright." Reimu begins to look aprehensive holding a hand hesitantly to her chest. "I asked her not to go but she seemed so confident that I really believed she could do it."
"Reimu, so long as you maintain faith I'm sure our friend will be fine." Daringly you grab her soft hand in yours and give her a confident look.
"Never underestimate the power of a maiden's hope."
Reimu doesn't say anything, just simply stares at you warmly. Carefully you release her and step back.

"Shall we step out into the corridor? My boots are filling up."
"Certainly captain, you can show me the way to the map room now?"

--------

[ ] "I'm afraid I must decline Pretty Miko, I'd like to go check on Nitori just in case."

[ ] "Well I'd love to be the knight to your princess."
>> No. 7014
[X] "As a captain and as a man, I can do naught else until I have personally ascertained the safety of every life under my charge. But once we have the courageous kappa in our company, then it would be my pleasure to escort you both to the map room, that we may begin our deliberations."
>> No. 7015
[X] "As a captain and as a man, I can do naught else until I have personally ascertained the safety of every life under my charge. But once we have the courageous kappa in our company, then it would be my pleasure to escort you both to the map room, that we may begin our deliberations."
Nice.
>> No. 7017
[X] "As a captain and as a man, I can do naught else until I have personally ascertained the safety of every life under my charge. But once we have the courageous kappa in our company, then it would be my pleasure to escort you both to the map room, that we may begin our deliberations."
>> No. 7018
One hour thirty minutes till the library closes anonymous.
>> No. 7019
[X] "As a captain and as a man, I can do naught else until I have personally ascertained the safety of every life under my charge. But once we have the courageous kappa in our company, then it would be my pleasure to escort you both to the map room, that we may begin our deliberations."
>> No. 7020
[X] "As a captain and as a man, I can do naught else until I have personally ascertained the safety of every life under my charge. But once we have the courageous kappa in our company, then it would be my pleasure to escort you both to the map room, that we may begin our deliberations."

Because he's a dashing motherfucker.
>> No. 7021
>>7018
When will you get your own net good sir?
Time to make a fund for you to pay your costs. I would donate 20$ for you.
>> No. 7022
[X] "As a captain and as a man, I can do naught else until I have personally ascertained the safety of every life under my charge. But once we have the courageous kappa in our company, then it would be my pleasure to escort you both to the map room, that we may begin our deliberations."
>> No. 7023
[X] "As a captain and as a man, I can do naught else until I have personally ascertained the safety of every life under my charge. But once we have the courageous kappa in our company, then it would be my pleasure to escort you both to the map room, that we may begin our deliberations."
>> No. 7027
File 121742988535.jpg - (85.86KB , 700x795 , 121468783428.jpg ) [iqdb]
7027
"As a captain and as a man, I can do naught else until I have personally ascertained the safety of every life under my charge. But once we have the courageous kappa in our company, then it would be my pleasure to escort you both to the map room, that we may begin our deliberations."

Silence falls save for the distant sound of the engine below your feet, Reimu's blank expression matches Rinnosuke's almost and certainly isn't the swooning reception you were aiming for.

"But I won't have time to freshen up if I go with you." She gestures to her soiled clothes.
"Ah, good point. Ahem." Trying to hide your disappointment you address Kourin.
"Escort the lady to her quarters and then to the map room Kourin."
He nods once then extends an arm before Reimu asking silently for her to follow, with a cheerful smile she obliges chatting happily with him.

"Now Mr Rinnosuke, you mustn't peek while I'm changing!" Playfully she bats him on his impassive shoulder.
"Wouldn't dream of it marm."

A little disappointed with Reimu's reaction you nonetheless take to the stairs to find the caprious kappa and bring her to the conference.

Deck number one fared no better than the last, although instead being soaked with pools of murky fire stained water every surface seems to be smothered in thick white foam. Curious you scoop a dollop up on one finger and roll it around twixt your thumb, it reminds you of lather you use to shave yet doesn't seem to be made from soap. Whatever it is exactly is besides the point, it's smeared over everything in this area leaving a congealed mess spatter all over that smells unpleasantly chemical.

"Miss Nitori, are you in here?"
Quiet, then from a long way off you hear a call.
"Ayyyyyyye caaaaaptaaaain!" Followed by the sound of feet running along the steel floor, bursting from the bulk head opposite you comes the kappa girl as much worse for wear as Reimu was. Smeared with black as she is you doubt for a second whether there's actually a girl under all that muck, but your doubts are dispelled when she wipes a thick layer of grime away with her sleeve.

"Nitori, uh, what exactly is all this?" You gesture to the walls. "Is the fire out?"
With a thumbs up and a wink she scoops up a lump of the stuff perched on her hat and presents it to you.
"Fire's no problem for my chemically balanced non water based fire deterrent foam!" Proudly she crosses her arms over her chest, smearing more foam into her dress, giving you a proud look with a sway of her hips for style.
"I made it of course."
"I see, you just happened to have this on hand when the fire broke out did you?"
"What? No don't be silly, I've been installing canisters of it all over the ship since I got here." She wipes the underside of her nose leaving another trail of foam that gives her the appearance of a white moustache.
"Tried getting Reimu to use it but she couldn't figure it out."
"Is that a fact?"
While her boundless enthusiasm for the subject is endearing, you can't really muster the same energy over this. Still if what she says is true she's done a fine job of saving your ship, you tell her as much making her puff up with pride.
"Aww, it's nothin' really. What with you savin' me and all." Her eyes shine a little as she stares admiringly at you.
"That was really brave of you by the way."
Oh boy, another one.
"Well, it's a gentleman's duty to save the damsel in distress. I could do no less than serve such a charming young woman with every fibre of my being should she have need of me, this is the path of a true man."
"I like the way you talk Captain, but where'd that rose come from?"
"I have no idea," Gently you take her arm and begin to lead her up out of the underdecks, she gladly accepts and entwines her arm with yours rather familiarly. Hopefully you'll be able to disengage with her before anyone sees and gets jealous, though you loathe to end the affectionate girl's embrace early, yes this too is part of being a gentleman.

"Well Miss Nitori, we have a conference to attend. Shall we?"
She chuckles softly at your flippant attitude.
"Why yes Mr Captain, allow us to proceed."

Nitori doesn't seem to care or even notice she's covered in soot and foam, it's rather refreshing to have a girl that's a bit more rough and ready than most on board. Marisa excepted from that of course. Plus with her cheerful demeanour and affectionate side you can see her being integrated with the crew in no time, you find as you enjoy the feeling of her on your arm that you're really quite enthusiastic about the idea.

"Say captain," She begins slyly, a sweet smile across her lips.
"Do you like cucumbers?"

----

[ ] "I LUUUUURV CUCUMBERS UNF UNF UNF!"

[ ] "Yes."

[ ] "No."

[ ] "They're okay."


========

And that's me done today, for the rest of the week in fact as I have work until Sunday. Don't know next week's hours either so it may be some time until an update. Wasn't planning on ending it here but the next bit is fairly long and I'm not really feeling 'it' any more.

Enjoy your kappa. Tune in for next week's episode too: Enter the Rogue!
>> No. 7028
{X} "Yes."

's good
>> No. 7030
[x] "Crisp and refreshing."
>> No. 7032
I missed this.
>> No. 7034
[x] "Crisp and refreshing."
>> No. 7035
[x] "Yes."
>> No. 7036
[x] Yes
>> No. 7037
[YES]YES!

[><] If she offers you one, take a bite and say, "THIS IS DELICIOUS!" In a street fighter sort of way.
>> No. 7039
[x] "I LUUUUURV CUCUMBERS UNF UNF UNF!"
[x] Hump a cucumber and then get your ass kicked by Kourin.
>> No. 7040
[x] "Crisp and refreshing."
Seconding the Bison 'THIS IS DELICIOUS'
>> No. 7041
[X] "Yes."
>> No. 7043
[x] "Crisp and refreshing."
>> No. 7044
FUCK YES SCORN

I have suspected win to look forward to after work
>> No. 7045
[x] "Crisp and refreshing."
>> No. 7046
Fuck! Missed it.

[X] "Crisp and refreshing."
>> No. 7047
[x] "Crisp and refreshing."
>> No. 7049
FUCK YES
SCORN IS BACK
SCORN/

...But for fuck's sake, man! This spelling is an eyesore.

*cannon
*indomitable
*existence
*lenient
*imperiously
*suspicious
*challenge
*satisfaction
*nonchalant
*pierces
*solemn
*pursuers
*passengers
*apologies

I know some of these are probably just typos, but turn Firefox's spell-check back on, please. Or Word, or whatever these are written in. It doesn't take but a few minutes to correct, and it'd really help the look of the thing.

That aside, it's good to have you back.

...Suddenly, this last part seems unsettling.
>"Say captain," She begins slyly, a sweet smile across her lips. "Do you like cucumbers?"
>Next week's episode too: Enter the Rogue!

>slyly
>cucumbers
>Enter the Rogue
>Enter
HORRIFYING SCORNFIC SENSES TINGLING ARGH FUCK NO DO NOT WANT
>> No. 7050
[x] "Crisp and refreshing."
>> No. 7051
>>7049
>slyly
>cucumbers
>Enter the Rogue
>Enter
>>HORRIFYING SCORNFIC SENSES TINGLING ARGH FUCK NO DO NOT WANT
I lol'ed hard.
>> No. 7055
>>7049

he is at a library though.
>> No. 7080
[x] "Crisp and refreshing."
>> No. 7096
[x] "Delicious and moist."
>> No. 7107
[x] "Yes."
>> No. 7268
>>7049

I'm using firefox's spell check, but I have the feeling that the dictionary is a little incomplete because it sometimes tries to tell me things like "ecstasy" should be spelt "missing". I'm not kidding here, the bloody thing can't recognise a large range of normal words that I usually am forced to google, can't do that at home obviously and I don't have word.

But I'll try to keep it in mind, it might also be due to me trying to get the next post up ASAP and not reading the corrections I'm being offered.

>>7055

Like that's going to stop me, I've already gone over the line with scat porn I may as well embrace it.



Anyway with that all said no updates anytime soon, I will try to do a day of it Wednesday starting around 9 or 10am my time, but I don't really have time for it today.

In other news:

Heat Seeker for the Wii is fucking awesome, the one thing that has been able to sooth my grill scorched hands and my greasy soul. Somehow blowing up everything in a high tech stealth fighter makes the pains of the burger slavery just melt away.

Also, a respectful nod to other writeniggers that have given me something to read during the evenings. Lots of good stuff going on lately that I wish I had a hand in.
>> No. 7269
>I will try to do a day of it Wednesday starting around 9 or 10am my time, but I don't really have time for it today.

hooray.jpg


Oh, and by the way:

[ ] "I LUUUUURV CUCUMBERS UNF UNF UNF!"
>> No. 7553
File 121880264180.jpg - (108.83KB , 498x711 , 121877786626.jpg ) [iqdb]
7553
"Cucumbers?" What an odd question to ask, pausing at the foot of the stairs you ponder as to how to reply, you've never given it much thought really.

"Crisp and refreshing I'd say, a must in salads and equally good with or without dressing."
"Oh this one's a keeper..."

Even more bizarrely she mutters that happily under her breath while she pulls you along down the stairs with her, quizzically you look at her.

"Why do you ask?"
"It was a test of course!" Giving you a friendly nudge she adds. "You passed, with flying colours I might add."
"I-is that a fact?"
What a strange young woman.

Before you can inquire further as you reach the deck you're heading for you spot Cirno and the other gunners running towards the direction of the map room in a rather carefree manner with their footsteps echoing along the hall, quickly you yank on Nitori, who gives a surprised yelp, and dive into a corner pressing yourself up against the wall.

"Capta-"
"Shhh!"

Hushing Nitori you listen out for the girls in the hall straining your ears, in the distance you can hear their dash fading away until all is quiet again. Letting go of the breath you didn't realize you were holding you relax, cautiously you peek around the corner.

"Captain?"
"Sorry about that Nitori, it's just that it wouldn't be a good thing for either of us if any of the crew saw you dangling from my arm like that."
"I understand captain," Comes her steady reply. "However if things are as you say then you don't want them to see us like this either."

Snapping your head back to her you see that you've done a rather impressive job of pinning her to the wall with you body pushed quite intimately to hers, in such a way that the casual observer might think you grabbed her in a passionate embrace.

"Not that I mind personally."
She quips rather impishly, as if her skin were hot metal you release her and step away without hesitation, she remains leaning casually against the wall smirking as if nothing had just passed between you two.

"Nitori I-" You begin, but she cuts you off with a raised finger.
"I understand captain, got to keep up appearances and all that. For the sake of the crew. I'll just catch you next time."

Exceptionally strange girl, no matter what she says or what you do she always seems to catch you totally off guard. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? What is it about her confidence and, admittedly, charming initiative that always has you at a loss for words?

Maybe you're having an off day....

"What's this? What's this?" A lilting accented voice calls from down the corridor you've pulled Nitori into.
"My countryman and my captain hidden away in the depth of the ship? Perhaps my flirtatious captain has lured her away to have his wicked way with her, no?"

-

Cont
>> No. 7554
File 121880277139.jpg - (94.72KB , 592x680 , 121747341415.jpg ) [iqdb]
7554
You're definitely having an off day. Approaching you with a teasing grin comes Aya watching you and Nitori with glittering eyes, slightly behind her comes Momizi with a rather more guarded expression and her blade strapped discreetly behind her on the waist.

"Oooh captain," Aya swoons and presses a hand to her brow; she shyly looks at you through her eye lashes.
"For the sake of my comrades, please have your way with me instead. I will accept you ravenous appetites in the place of the innocent, my captain!"

She breathes that last part huskily to you then lunges forward to catch you in a potentially scandalous embrace, however Aya is someone you're far more used to dealing with and with a deft sidestep you move out the way sending her stumbling in to open air.

Not without a discreet pat on the bum as she goes of course, a little something from you to her that's hidden as a simple hand gesture.

"Uh?"
Catching herself before she falls Aya's hands fly to her buttocks, before she can accuse you of anything you've already turned to face Momizi and Nitori to seem innocent to all.

"Momizi, I'm afraid I've got some news you're not going to like very much."
You begin apologetically, ignoring Aya's theatrics behind you, Momizi just nods stoically once.
"Da, we're damaged badly and have nothing to fix with. Not you're fault, sir."
"It relieves me to hear that from you Momizi, but I still feel some responsibility for the state of our Herald."
She says nothing, only nods once again sending her short hair bouncing slightly. Suppressing the urge to reach out and scratch her behind the ear you begin to head towards the map room.

"Well girls I think we have a conference to be getting to, wouldn't do for the captain to keep everyone waiting would it? Let us make haste."

---

"That's pretty much our situation, to surmise we have eleven days to make port before we run out of food entirely."

Shortly after you and the Moryians came to the map room did the meeting begin, as the last ones to come you started right away. In the middle of the ship in a room with no windows your crew cluster, under the dim light of candles that illuminate scantly more than their faces, around a huge map of the explored regions of Gensokyo.

"The reason I've called you all here is to decide on which of the closest friendly ports to land at,"

All around the room a ripple of whispers spreads like a hiss, you hold up a hand for silence.

"And more importantly to decide what the hell we do after that."

This time the crew holds a deep hush for a few seconds before everyone begins to talk at once at various volumes, the riotous din makes it impossible to make anything out so you try to wait for them to settle down on their own. However your patience isn't rewarded as soon a number of small fights and squabbles begin to break out making things worse than it was before, you don't have time for this!

"Everyone shut up or I'll put Rinnosuke in a loincloth again! FUNDUSHI TIME!"
"NO, CAPTAIN, NO!"
>> No. 7555
After the immediate and visceral response the girls settle down at last, thankfully seeing as you hate it when Kourin wears that thing, pensively you lace your fingers together and lean forwards.

"We'll discuss our ultimate goal in a moment, first I want to make sure we live long enough to have one." You glance from Alice to Marisa who sits parallel to one another at the map.

"Where's the best place to pull into, keeping in mind we're now fugitives. In our own land."

With a nod the pair begin to pour over the chart their hands sliding gracefully across it, meticulously checking each and every local port and harbour for a safe heading. Occasionally they discuss particular co-ordinates to debate whether it's a potential choice or not, before long they finish their work after a little deliberation.

"Our current course has taken us close to the border of Eientei again, we're a long ways from the capital but there's a few out lying settlements that should serve our purposes well."
Picking up where Alice left off Marisa speaks.
"Eientei's a neutral in all this and don't usually let political pressure sway them, as long as we don't cause a ruckus in their borders it should be a safe haven. For now at least."

Nodding you turn to Mystia.

"In that case I want you to choose a landing and take us there when this concludes Mystia."
"Aye Captain."

Gravely you turn away from that matter with it resolved and raise the all important question once again, what are you going to do.

"As you all know those of us that were citizens of The Empire have been officially exiled and declared to be traitors that should be put to death on sight, those who aren't of that nationality but travel with us will suffer the same fate as our collaborators and there's always the risk that where ever we go we will bring the wrath of Empress Yuyuko with us."

You pause and give a wry smile.

"Might be a bother for whoever might take us in. Anyway, the events that brought us to this point have left us with a number of innocents that require our protection. In particular danger is the high priestess, Reimu Hakurei, whose survival is of particular importance. To me at least."

You add that last part to make it clear that you're not forcing this onto anyone, the lack of argument and Reimu's encouraging smile pushes you onwards.

"If we let Reimu die, an entire religion will suffer for it and all our struggles and noble gestures will be for naught, so one of our goals should be getting her to a place of refuge. Personally I can't abide what our country tried to do to her, it conflicted with my ethics so much in fact I rebelled. However I understand that not everyone thinks the way I do, so should you have any issue with what we decide to do or any part of my leadership. Then you will be allowed to leave the crew, no judgments, no guilt, no hard feelings. But with all that said, now is the time to speak if you wish so.”

There’s a long pause.

“Um,” Breaking the quiet, rather unexpectedly, Cirno speaks up a little hesitantly but gaining confidence rapidly. “I don’t really get what happened to be honest Cap’n, to be honest I don’t get why we’re criminals now but.”
She takes a deep breath and gives you a steadfast look.
“I do know that I trust my captain, so you do what you have to sir. If you need anything blown up then you just leave it to me and my team!”
“Yeah!”
Shortly after Cirno’s speech the entire crew begins to babble their support too, all speaking at once again they give their individual assent, through it all Alice looks at you smiling fondly and leans in to speak discreetly to you.
“While awkwardly put, Cirno said what we were all thinking I’d say.”

You’re too over come to speak, all you can manage is a simple nod to her and the crew, a feeling of exuberance has spread through the room raising moral. A small group has clustered around Cirno now patting her on the back and praising her, which typically Cirno has already let go to her head as she now boasts wildly.

“Of course we’re gonna win! I’m the strongest Danmaku Gunner alive, so naturally I have the strongest captain and crew possible! It’s a given!” Stepping up onto the table, crushing a section of the map underfoot, she raises a hand to the air triumphantly.
“We’re so strong that even if destiny tries to get in our way we’ll just blow her to smithereens and push right past her! We’re forging our own future and we’ll win every fight!”
“That’s a fine sentiment and all Cirno,” While it kills you to do this you force them back onto the subject at hand.
“Who exactly are we fighting?”
Cirno falters, but clambering back into her seat she grins at you while leaning on her elbows.
“I’m leaving that part to you, just point me in a direction and say FIRE! That’s all I’m worried about.”
Well thank you for whipping the crew into a frenzy then passing the responsibility to me Cirno, well you expected as much.
“I guess it’s a question of where to go next after we’re all patched up.” Shifting in her seat Marisa begins to chew on a pencil held in her mouth, she makes an excellent point thought.
“I mean,” She goes on slowly as if this is only just coming to mind. “Basically each destination has it’s own pros and cons as well as goals we can achieve there, once we’ve got a heading we can narrow down what we intend to do when we get there.”

It looks like they’re finally getting serious about this, the strategy part of the meeting is finally underway.


Choose who to talk to:

[ ] Marisa and Alice
[ ] Wriggle and Mystia
[ ] Cirno, Rumia and Daiyousai
[ ] Reimu
[ ] Nitori, Aya and Momizi
[ ] Rinnosuke

=====

For the love of god choose one at a time or I'll be at this all bloody day, you don't have to talk to everyone either because there will be some similar opinions put forward by the crew. You can talk to everyone if you want but it’ll serve little more than fluff and reinforcement, there are a set number of headings so once the list looks like it’s full you probably don’t have to keep going. Basically once you’ve had enough say so and we’ll move onto making a choice.
>> No. 7556
As you can see I've had nothing better to do than make walls all night when I'm not working, though I'm going to skip tomorrow because I can't be fucked to do 11:45am till 6pm on a Saturday because they're a nightmare. Too bad the library closes at weekends so I can't update.

Not too pleased with this update but I'm going to try and push past this nasty unpleasent plot buinsess and get back to the fun bits.
>> No. 7558
[X] Nitori, Aya and Momizi

Ask them if they think Moriya might give Reimu amnesty.

Or we could do something the Empire wouldn't expect, like go back to the Scarlet Devil Republic.
>> No. 7559
[x] Marisa and Alice
Real life consequences.
>> No. 7560
[x]Marisa and Alice.

Master plotting.
>> No. 7561
[X] Reimu

Perhaps she knows where she would be relatively safe.

>>7558

Correct me, if I forgot or missed something, but:
SDR would be all fun and well, but they wanted to arrest Reimu lifelong if I remember correctly, so I am not sure, if they would be that good of an ally. Not to mention our destruction of Meiring's ship and pissing Sakuya off. Patchouli would perhaps argue for us, she knew what Yuyuko9 was planning, but did not tell us, since we "would not have believed her", as she said it.
Eientei's Kaguya and Eirin were quite fond of us, but I doubt they would risk their neutrality to fight against Hakugyokurou. At least Eientei would be a good idea for leaving Reimu there as a refugee, whoever tries anything funny will not recieve any more medicine from Eirin at best.
For the other nations (Moriya and...?) we do not have enough information yet, so asking Aya's group would help us with some information about them (or at least about Moriya).
>> No. 7563
[x] Reimu

Reimu is the VIP, so we should ask her input first on suggested destinations as a matter of course. Second, she likely has contacts from her religion who can relay messages to the faithful in Hakugyokurou.

Unless Captain Anonymous plans on living as a smuggler or pirate, he'll need funds from an external source to supply the ship & crew. He might be able to take refuge in Eientei for a time, but it's possible Yuyuko will use harboring us as justification for declaring war on Eientei.

The only way out as I see it is to destabilize Yuyuko's position as Empress, either by playing enemy nations against her, a military coup (splitting the country by reestablishing Yukari as leader of her former nation), or through a popular revolt by way of Reimu's religion or Captain Anonymous' own cult of personality.
>> No. 7564
File 121880700576.gif - (9.90KB , 351x299 , death-note-just-as-planned1.gif ) [iqdb]
7564
>(splitting the country by reestablishing Yukari as leader of her former nation)

GODDAMNIT YUKARI!
>> No. 7565
>>7564

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Yukari plans to establish herself as autocrat of the entire realm, after Yuyu's inevitable fall--"interim" dictator or somesuch (read: Oliver Cromwell).

Yeah we'll be throwing a wrench in those cogs too.
>> No. 7566
[ ] Cirno, Rumia and Daiyousai
>> No. 7567
[x] Reimu

Even if its just symbolic, she's the basis for this revolt; she takes the ultimate responsibility for the actions done in her name.

Then our consigliere Kourin.
Then our highest ranking bridge officers, Alice & Marisa.
Then the Moriyans.
>> No. 7569
"Reimu."
You begin by adressing the crux of all the recent events, before you take on any other suggestions you'd like everyone to know Reimu's posistion in all this and further more you need to know for yourself as well. She's sat quietly beside Marisa and next to Rinnosuke who must've lead her here, the grime and filth of the fire has been washed away and she's returned to her usual immaculate appearance.

"Reimu, your saftey is one of our highest priorities at the moment. While you're in my care I promise to protect you to my last breath, however I feel that keeping you with us isn't going to be the wisest option for you."
Her face drops slightly at that, you're happy about saying this but it's possibly for the best.
"We're being chased by not only the Hakugyokuro empire but we don't know if the Republic are still after you as well, I think you can understand that we can't possibly out run them all forever. With that in mind, can you suggest anywhere that might be a safe haven, a refuge, for you?"

She looks pensive, with one hand to her mouth as she turns away, as if she's feeling betrayed. You want to reassure her that it's not the case, but you can't think of anyway to make it clearer than you did, unhappily you keep your peace.

"Well, I suppose that technically the Republic would be better than the Empire." She begins, stammering it out gently. "At least in their captivity I'd be safe, it wouldn't be much of a life but at least I'd be alive."

She doesn't want this, it's painfully clear by the way she describes it and yet she makes a good point.

"I suppose on top of that," Sadly she looks at you and the crew turning to face each on of you in a sweeping gaze. "As well as my saftey in exchange for my freedom, by returning me to the Republic you might gain some friends there as well. I understand you've had run ins with them in the past, but if anyone is willing and able to oppose the Empire it would be them."

Reimu stops, as if it's unpleasent for her to continue and a hush falls over the table as they digest her words, it doesn't seem to agree with the crew largely. Except Rinnosuke who sits straight and proper as always even as he speaks.

"Converting Hakugyokuro's most eminant captain to their side would be very favorable for the Republic indeed, they would gain a highly polished officer and make a blow against the Empire's moral at the same time. I find myself considering Lady Hakurei's words very carefully, she has selflessly offered us the strongest hope we have."
"I guess handing Reimu over could protect both her and us," Marisa chips in reluctantly. "But it really doesn't sit right with me."
Definatly, yet with a great deal of difficultly Marisa turns to you.
"I'm not Cirno Captain, no offence Cirno, but I can't follow you blindly. I may not be able to stay if you plan on going over to the Republic."
"....I understand."
You reply with a simple nod, not comitting yourself one way or the other.

It pains you to hear that and yet on the other hand you're increadibly proud of her as well, you're glad that she raised an opinion, yet you find yourself considering the Republic regardless.

"The Scarlet Devil Republic is a strong possiblity, I won't deny it because it offers so much to all of us even if it isn't what the individual might prefer." You glance at Marisa as you say this with an apologetic look. "As a whole the Republic offers us all safety, but at a cost to most of us. I'll keep it in mind, but for now is there anything else you can think of Reimu?"

Looking slightly more relieved now that you've raised the possiblity of an alternative Reimu thinks for a moment.
"Well, my Religion has few worshippers out of our nation. But as you may well know, I've been on a mission to each nation in the last year to disscuss the possiblity of peace between all peoples. It was during my visit to the Republic that I was arrested you see."
Mentally you make a note to ask her what she was arrested for later.
"Anyway, along the way I did meet with the head of the Moriyan religion to ask her if she'd join me in a united front. Sadly she had to turn me down at the time because it co-insided with a religous event she had to attend to."

More confidently than before and with a tinge of hope in her voice Reimu speaks up a bit.

"Hakurei and Kochiya haven't always seen eye to eye, but I do know the current priestess even if only in passing. Perhaps we have an ally in her?"
Bashfully she turns away.
"I'm sorry, that's all I can really think of. I'm mot much help, I know."
"That may be more help than you think Reimu, it's certainly worth exploring." You smile warmly at her, she in return reponds in same with a slight sigh. It's odd to see her so nervous about talking in front of people, her posistion considered and all.

So, The Republic and the Moriyan religion as a maybe. The Republic leaves a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths but offers you so much, while Moriya is just a vague possiblity with the church rather than the state.....

---

Okay choose again from the list, I'm being chucked out the library because it's closing. See you Tuesday if not sooner.
>> No. 7570
[X] Nitori, Aya and Momizi

If we're considering Moriya, let's talk to the actual Moriyans. They might have some more information on the country that could prove useful to us.
>> No. 7571
[x] Nitori, Aya and Momizi
>> No. 7573
[X] Nitori, Aya and Momizi

Moriya do want. Forget the (Scarlet) Devil we know over the devil we don't. If the option doesn't sit right, you find a new option!
>> No. 7574
[X] Nitori, Aya and Momizi

Moriyan talkan gaems

>>7561
>Meiring
ಠ_ಠ

>>7565
I admit, Yukari as NOT the main villain was at first refreshing but after a while, I grew suspicious.
>> No. 7575
[x] Cirno, Rumia and Daiyousai
Team EoSD
[x] Nitori, Aya and Momizi
Or Team MoF. Don't mind which.
>> No. 7576
[ ] Nitori, Aya and Momizi

Moriya is the reasonable choice.
>> No. 7577
>"The Scarlet Devil Republic is a strong possiblity, I won't deny it because it offers so much to all of us even if it isn't what the individual might prefer."

Fuck that noise. We fought off entire navies and renounced queen & country for this bitch; we're not handing her over to anyone.

[x] Nitori, Aya and Momizi
>> No. 7587
File 121883297366.jpg - (295.07KB , 807x800 , 3429850.jpg ) [iqdb]
7587
>>7577
Eh, there might be more to the Empire than first appearance. Everyone's just being reactionary; we don't know enough about them to dismiss them like that and assume they didn't have good reason for kidnapping Reimu in the first place.

Though it's possible that Empress Remilia III just wanted her as her personal sex toy.
>> No. 7588
>>7577

It's still the best possbility we have.

[X] Cirno, Rumia and Daiyousai

It won't win, but I want to believe.
>> No. 7591
Beer spider still waited for you, Scorn.
>> No. 7594
>>7587
>Eh, there might be more to the Empire than first appearance. Everyone's just being reactionary; we don't know enough about them to dismiss them like that and assume they didn't have good reason for kidnapping Reimu in the first place.

You meant the Republic, right?

What the Republic wants from her is obvious: Control of the leader of the Hakurei religion, gives them all the justification they need to "liberate" the now-repressed populace of Hakugyokurou from Yuyu's tyranny, ostensibly on behalf of the miko.

You think Reimu wants to be used as an instrument of war? It seemed like she would rather face death at Yuyu's hands than go back to the Republic: What holds her back now is that the crew's lives are at stake, not just her own.
>> No. 7595
>>7594
Yeah, silly typo there. Still not convinced on the Republic's motives until I see it spelled out, but if we're going to Moriya it's obviously less of an issue.
>> No. 7596
>>7587
>Though it's possible that Empress Remilia III just wanted her as her personal sex toy.

It's settled then, to the Republic!
>> No. 7599
Actually, Moriya is the perfect place to treat with the Republic. Since neither we nor the Republic would be willing to let our safety ride on the other's good faith, the only way to meet in person would be on neutral territory under the watch of an impartial observer like Sanae. And we'd be able to draw much favorable terms than that we'd have if we sought asylum under the Republic directly.
>> No. 7600
[+] Nitori, Aya and Momizi
Need to discuss Moriya as a possibility.

After them,
[+] Marisa and Alice
Marisa had some strong opinions on the subject. I'd like to hear her out.

Also, *Scorn!*/
>> No. 7602
File 121884233223.jpg - (42.21KB , 600x694 , 1218841448732.jpg ) [iqdb]
7602
Until SCORN/ stops forsaking us, 3D HERALD OF SPRING! inafterthat'sharlockship
>> No. 7604
>>7602
Nice pic. And I always imagined the Herald like that.
>> No. 7619
[x] Marisa and Alice
Why not go into Makai? Nobody has mentioned Shinki yet
>> No. 7620
>>7619

The fallen realm of Makai? Even if Alice were to navigate us through the barrier storms by following the (likely mythic) Route of Hourai, we'd have naught waiting for us in the ruins but starvation & heartache. And worse if the tales about the "demon ships" hold any truth.

Maybe as a last resort, if only to seal the coffins of anyone brave or stupid enough to follow us in.
>> No. 7662
[X] Nitori, Aya and Momizi
>> No. 7668
>>Though it's possible that Empress Remilia III just wanted her as her personal sex toy.

I like this idea enourmously!

>>What the Republic wants from her is obvious: Control of the leader of the Hakurei religion, gives them all the justification they need to "liberate" the now-repressed populace of Hakugyokurou from Yuyu's tyranny, ostensibly on behalf of the miko.

I like this idea enourmously as well!

>>7599

Yeah like I said you're not obileged to make a particular move until you're at your destination, this is a good example of what you can choose to do in time. Kind of like a pre-emptive write in.

>>7619
>>7620

If only I had considered Maki and some of the other regions in the original concept, this sounds like an awesome way to go. Sadly I'd be very under prepared to write such a region in now.

>>7591

You have no idea how much I want to get back to full time writan' and covering the story in it's truest sense, however.....

The draw backs in internet GET has been two fold:
1) Money, now solved by burger slavery that I'll be able to ditch soon with a comfortable amount saved to last until I get my usual financial support.

2) The land line in the house wasn't set up, more expense and time sent down that way thanks to it. Some time this week the phone gets set up, shortly after the interner arrangements are made though I don't know how long it will take to bear fruit.

Anyway, the Moryians won and it's called. I'll try to update tonight, but if I can't think of a good way to put it you may have to wait until tuesday. Sorry to do things like this, but with any luck there'll be some time in September and maybe late August when I'll have internets and no job.

Dis' nigger misses his plotton field, dem' ol' plotton fields back home.
>> No. 7669
>>7668
>tl;dr: ALL KINDS OF THINGS WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION

I like to imagine Scorn as the last true writefag--full of ideas and moxie, but low on gas and time. Whenever he hits the submit button, he has to deal with a busted water main flooding his apartment, a power black-out, "gainful" employment, MySQL shit, or being forced to deliver a pre-term baby in a public library.
>> No. 7678
>>7668
>>Though it's possible that Empress Remilia III just wanted her as her personal sex toy.
>I like this idea enormously!

Also submitted for your consideration, in GLS: >>7626
>> No. 7695
File 121911565996.png - (16.38KB , 300x300 , davidkun.png ) [iqdb]
7695
Oh, Wriggle.
>> No. 7696
>>7695

Ginkgo would be an awesome COYA protagonist.
>> No. 7700
>>7678

Actually there's a Reimu x Remillia H doujin that's pretty much that, Reimu's period starts while Remi is sleeping over for the night obviously with sexy results. S'not a bad idea though. But currently I'm thinking either Siki foot job or Alice's adventures into Scat.

Anyhoo~ writan.
>> No. 7703
File 121915376162.jpg - (18.34KB , 280x256 , 500010935000a.jpg ) [iqdb]
7703
"Now that you mention it Reimu, we have a number of Moryians on board as part of crew."

With a gesture of your hand you motion towards Aya, Momizi and Nitori who're sat rather close together on your left hand side between Wriggle and Mystia on one side and the Gunners on the other.

Momizi sits stoically as ever leaning back in her chair, Aya sits with her elbows on the table listening to you keenly while Nitori seems to be figiting a litte almost like she wants to put up her hand and ask a question.

"The three of you know your nation's situation and attitude better than any of us, so tell me. Would Moriya be willing to accept us into their borders? Do we have friends there?"

The three girls shift uncomfortably for a moment without speaking, before finally Nitori pipes up.

"Moriya is..... complicated captain." Her words are guarded, you give a nod for her to go on.

"Moriya is just the name of the continent, unlike the other nations the people of Moriya aren't united under one ruler. It's divded into three tribes by race and region going from the largest territory to the smallest, The Tengu, The kappa and The Shrine."

She looks at the other two for a second, who indicate for her to speak first.

"I'm a Kappa, we don't really have a government or a leader at all because we all tend to act fairly independantly, usually in small comunities that support themselves. We band together if there's a precieved threat and nearly every adult Kappa has built their own method of contributing to her comunity's defense. Like a citizen's militia filled with inventors who all have giant fighting robots, personal railguns and force fields."

While you've heard of the engineering prowess of the Kappa, what she just said went straight over your head.

"I'm not sure what exactly a personal rail gun is, but what you're telling me is that the Kappa live in an enlightened anarchy and are all armed to the teeth?"

She blinks, giggles slightly and nods.

"Yeah basically! Thing is though, our population is pretty small because of low birth rates and we're a very peaceful people. We protect our borders and leave everyone else alone, never heard of a Kappa invasion have you? 'Cause we don't have the man power or inclination."
"This is all very interesting Nitori, it almost sounds too good to be true in some ways. But I'm a little confused, if there is no leader to the Kappa what exactly will happen if we turned up there? Potentially with half the known world trailing after us holwing for blood?"

She hesitates.

"Well, to be honest I don't really know. I'd take you to my village first but how the others would react, well I have no clue."

She looks downcast for a moment.

"I suppose if they saw you as a threat to their peace and way of life they might hand you over to whoever asked first, just to keep themselves out of it."

But quickly she perks back up with a little fire in her eyes, hands clenched into fists before her with determination.

"But, humans and Kappa are ancient allies don't cha' know! I'm sure we could find someone to support us amongst all my people! I just know it!"

The Kappa do seem to be a safe bet so far, assuming that you don't bring too much trouble to their door step.

"Would they be willing to protect Reimu?"
"Ah."

Once again Nitori loses her enthusiasm.

"Well, they'd be willing to take her in without any fuss certainly, like I said Kappa like humans."
She gives you an odd little look as she says that last part.
"But, thing is.... I'm not sure if it would be best for Reimu if she wants to help her church. You see, Kappa are almost all atheists excluding a few that worship with the Kochiya privately, hard not to believe when you've actually seen a goddess you see. Anyway, I just get the feeling that Reimu might not be able to do much for her religion if she were to live with the Kappa."

She sags slightly and sighs.

"Kappas don't like religion much, most see it as the cause of wars in this era. They might let Reimu stay, but only if she practices her belief in private."
"I don't think I can do that."

In a suprisingly stern voice, Reimu speaks up with a firece expression written across her face.

"Reimu, this is your life at stake here. If the Kappa can protect you then maybe it's for the best..."
Despite Nitori's reasoning Reimu shakes her head angrily sending waves of her black hair cascading around her.

"I would rather loose my life in service of my people than hide away while they suffer, I can do no less as a representative of mercy in this world."

"While I admire you dedication Reimu, I can't help but consider what Nitori said."

Reimu glares at you, you go on anyway.

"Remember, she said a lot of ifs and maybes. As long as the Kappa don't think you or the rest of us are going to make life difficult for them, I think they're more than capable of treating us reasonably."

As Reimu settles down, Nitori gives you a thankful look.

"I find another problem with the Kappa captain."
"Rinnosuke?"
"Their lack of infrastructure and government would make it very easy for an asassin to enter the country and eliminate Lady Reimu. I fear that against more subtle attacks, ones the Kappa aren't used to facing due to having no high profile targets, they may be sorely ineffective in keeping Lady Reimu safe."
>> No. 7704
SCOOOOOOORN!
>> No. 7705
Fucking walling it today, but Moriya's got almost no coverage until now and it's a complex place.

>>7587
Does anyone else love this picture as much as me? It's like Reimu's been whisked off her feet by Remillia in a technicolour dream to have the musical adventure of her life that will brighten the poor lonely miko's life forever, surely one of the most bizzare things I've seen.

Anyway Cont in a moment when I've finished checking out that Yukkuri CYOA.
>> No. 7706
File 121916177434.jpg - (56.20KB , 280x275 , used wrong pic first.jpg ) [iqdb]
7706
Kourin's got a point, against an invading force Reimu would probably be perfectly safe around the Kappa but if they're as loosely organized and friendly as Nitori is suggesting then it would be far too easy for someone to just slip into Reimu's room at night and....

"Let's move on for now. There may be some disadvantages to living with the Kappa but I think we can all agree it's a more tasteful solution than heading to the republic."

A general murmur of agreement goes around the table; all save for Alice and Kourin who don't seem too convinced. Regardless you turn to Aya and Momizi next.

"You're both Tengu right, can you tell us much about your tribe? Are we likely to find a haven there?"
Aya frowns before sitting back folding her arms.
"You tell them Momi; I've been away from mountain home for longer than you."
"Understood."

Standing up Momizi approaches the map and puts a finger to one region of Moriya, speaking in a very curt and authoritarian manner she begins.

"The Tengu territory extends from the western most coast of Moriya to this valley here which is controlled by the Kappa, who separate the Shrine and the Tengu curbing the Tengu expansion."

She glances at Nitori as she says this but Nitori just smiles and waves a hand at her as if to say, "no hard feelings". With one of her rare, if small, smiles Momizi acknowledges her friend's gesture before going on.

"In terms of a global history, The Tengu are a young faction having only been unified as a people for two hundred years. Before the unification by Lord Tenma the Tengu were involved in an ancient civil war that turned all of our interests to internal affairs. Lord Tenma, a Tengu general of no particular note or heritage before the unification, unified The Tengu through a mix of conquest and foreign pressure. He was the first Tengu leader to look outside our borders for hundreds of years and by establishing relationships with not only the rest of Moriya but the other great nations as well, he could support an navy far greater in strength and numbers than any other Tengu leader. As a result in a relatively short timescale The Tengu have gone from an isolationist people to one of the most widely traveled and well connected. Lord Tenma has been paying off our people's debts to other nations by hiring out The Tengu as mercenaries; as such it's not uncommon to find Tengu officers fighting on either side of the Empire Republic war. With skills honed over hundreds of years of constant war Tengu merc-"
"Wait a second!"

Momizi stops her monologue and looks at you with a vaguely surprised expression, she doesn't seem to realize it but most of the other crew are looking at her oddly as well.

"You mean to tell me, that you were assigned to my crew after your Lord Tenma hired you out to the Empire?"
"That is correct."
"Why didn't you tell me?"
You shout incredulously to her, seriously you never knew!
"I had thought your superiors would've told you."
She says simply, so blandly you can scarcely believe it. Yet at the same time it's just like Momizi.
"Hold on," Something's bothering you. "If you're being paid to be part of this crew, surely we've violated the terms of your contract by now?"
A frown furrows your brow, Momizi just looks on dispassionately.

"I mean, you work for The Empire and not me technically, right?"

There's another long pause pregnant with possibility, your mind races. Are they spies? Have they orders to take you down in a situation like this? Will they betray you to the highest bidder? How long has it been like this, when they turned up it was when you first got your hands on The Herald and they were your new engineers to lessen Marisa's work load. You can't over state how good they are at their job, but have they only been loyal up until the money runs out?

"My orders have been very clear on this point Captain."
Momizi's serious expression gives you a heavy feeling in your heart, any second now she's going to tell you that she and Aya have to leave as soon as possible, that they can't serve you any longer.

"My orders were to serve under Captain Anonymous Rex, to listen to his commands and carry them out to the letter."

A creeping smile spreads across her face as she takes a seat next to Aya, who pats her on the back with a grin. The relief you feel is immense.

"Unless you feel that I've failed to carry out my duties, I can see nothing wrong with our current situation concerning our contract."
"Thank you, Momizi."

She inclines her head to you before returning to the subject at hand.

"At any rate, I guess what I've been trying to say here is: Lord Tenma acts purely in the interest of the Tengu, if helping one faction will be benificial to The Tengu he won't hesitate to act, which is why he hires out to both sides of the conflict. He's capricous, devious and has an attitude as much like a merchant as a general but he is also very honourable."

Reassuming her serious look she lays her hands down heavily on the table.

"If we can convince him that protecting us is benificial to The Tengu then any promise he gives us he is honour bound to keep, he would be unflinching in aiding us should he give us his word."
"Of course if he thought he'd get more out of it by handing us over to the higest bidder the fat bastard's just as likely to do that too!"

Flippantly Aya cuts in just like that, shocked Momizi turns on her.

"Aya! How can you say such a thing!"
"What? You can't say it's not true, both the selling us part and the fatty part!"
"B-but he's our leader!"
"So? I respect him and all, but he's a devious fat old man too. Still, I suppose there's worse than him out there. You know he's the one who worded our contract so vaguely so we'd only have to listen to you? Maybe he's heard of you, eh? Never know what he's thinking....."

So, lord Tenma of The Tengu huh? On the one hand The Tengu could easily oppose anyone who came after you by siding with their enemy and withdrawing all their hired soldiers, from what you've seen on the map they occupy the region of Moriya closest to Hakugyokuro too letting Reimu stay close to her followers. On the other hand he might just hold on to you long enough to try and get an auction going on.

It all depends on whether you've got something to offer him or not, he'd be taking a big risk letting you take Reimu there in the first place although you doubt he'd capture you straight away by the sound of it.

Great, another maybe then?

Still you haven't asked Aya about the Shrine yet...
>> No. 7707
>"So? I respect him and all, but he's a devious fat old man too. Still, I suppose there's worse than him out there. You know he's the one who worded our contract so vaguely so we'd only have to listen to you? Maybe he's heard of you, eh? Never know what he's thinking....."

Tenma sounds pretty awesome.
>> No. 7708
>>Still you haven't asked Aya about the Shrine yet...

Getting ahead of myself here by accident, stupid walls.

---

"Okay so that's the Kappa and the Tengu, but what I'm really interested in is The Shrine. Any of you know something about it?"

Immediately Aya springs forward with a cry, one hand extended like she's just thought of the answer to a difficult question at school.

"I do! Like I said I haven't been at mountain home for a while, cause I was hanging around the shrine before I joined the crew. Then I got reunited with my little momi~"

Seeming to forget what she was talking about for a moment Aya grabs Momizi and begins to rub her cheek against her friend's, rather than struggle Momizi just sits there with a hopeless look on her face.

"So what were you doing around the Shrine Aya?"
"Huh?" Remembering where she is Aya releases Momizi. "Oh yeah..."

"At the time I was an independant journalist, I had just managed to dodge the draft but it meant I had to leave our territory until they forgot about me again. I was young and the last thing I wanted was to get involved in someone else's conflict, I figuered the only reason I'd ever sign up is if I wanted to cover the war. Anyway, after I realised that there wasn't any real news to speak of in the Kappa's valley I moved onto The Mountain of Faith. That's the Shrine's turf, it's only one mountain in the whole of Moriya which is nearly all forests and mountains, but it's apparantly on some kind of spiritual lay line or something. There's a couple of towns and villages around the base of The Moutain of Faith which all look to the priesthood for leadership, while it's not official it's basically a theocracy with Sanae Kochiya the current priestess as the head of church and state. Although the goddesses of the church are present on the mountain I don't know anything about them, I've only caught sight of one of them and even then only once.
The shrine is the only place you'll find humans or Youkai that don't belong to the other two tribes, they have believers in all of Moriya of course but believers that don't belong to either the Kappa or the Tengu live there. It's the smallest territory although they have a lot of sway over the other tribes thanks to being the dominant local religion. It's thanks to that posistion that they have any navy to speak of, you see one of the goddesses is an aspect of war and so is revered by a lot of soldiers. So the Shrine is protected by a sort of volunteer army of devote crusaders, mostly Tengu that worship and lend their skills for free but some Kappa, humans and other Youkai as well.
Now I said one of the goddesses was an aspect of war right? So naturally you'd think their an agressive people right? Wrong! Because the other goddess is kind of like a moderating infulence on the war one, on top of that I've met Sanae a few times and she's a pretty level headed girl. As far as I know they've never spread their religion through the sword, only by preaching it to people who would listen."

With a sly smile Aya gives Reimu a side long glance.

"Unlike some faiths I can name~"
Reimu clearly bristles at this, you swear you can almost see the hair popping out of place in frustration.
"I hope you're not refering to me Miss Shameimaru."
"My, my~ what do I mean? I wonder?"

Clearing your throat you speak up before another fight can break out.

"Aya, please go on."
"Don't worry Reimu I was only teasing you. Right, where was I? As far as I can tell the Kochiya religion wants there to be peace as much as the Hakurei, I guess it's hard for missionaries to travel with a war on. Frankly I don't know what would happen if you brought Reimu there, they certainly wouldn't kill her though she may not be welcomed with open arms. Plus it's more neutral and protected by Eientei, if anyone was to actually try and invade The Mountain of Faith they'd have to contend not only with two pissed off deities but The Tengu would pretty much be forced into the conflict and The Kappa would problably lend a hand too."

"At the very least it sounds like Reimu would be safe there, she'd be able to reach her followers too."
Speaking rather unexpectedly is Alice, nodding Marisa agrees quickly.
"Yeah, maybe we could join that volunteer guard too? It's something to think about at least, you don't have to be a worshipper to join do you?"
Aya shrugs.
"I don't, never thought to ask."

"Tactically speaking it is a sound choice," With the same tone of voice as ever, Kourin speaks up again.
"We can gain the potential aid of the Tengu without risking betrayal by Lord Tenma that would come should we side with them. At the same time we can be confident in Reimu's safety and freedom of expression that the Kappa can't offer her. Though if I might speak freely, I don't wish to join their naval forces personally. It sounds like endless guard duty to me."

A general feeling of agreement is running through the room, you're just wondering if it's too good to be true?

"We don't have to make a choice of what to do until we get where we're going remember? But I'm liking the sound of The Mountain of Faith, the only draw back I can think of is it's a pretty distant place to call at. But in another sense that's just another advantage when we get there."

=====

Okay choose again or make a choice, I'm signing off possibly to be back thursday. Hopefully we'll get to action soon but I guess if it's daily updates we're in no rush. Plus you are choosing how the story will, in effect, end so think carefully and take your time. Write ins for what you plan to do with the ship and crew will of course be more than welcome but you don't have to think of anything any time soon, you don't have to stay in the place you've left Reimu though. You could drop her in Eientei then head off to meet lord Tenma and plan a massive coup de ta in the Empire, although you may find Reimu's support useful in raising the rebels.

Anyway, I'm off.
>> No. 7710
[x] Marisa and Alice
Or:
[x] Cirno, Rumia and Daiyousai
It's important we get as much info as possible before making a decision, since it's evidently an important one.

>>7705
>>Does anyone else love this picture as much as me?
Sure do, and that's why I posted it.
>> No. 7711
I've heard enough; it's time for Captain Anonymous to strut his stuff.

[x] "I think Tenma and the Republic have a lot to gain politically by working with us, but we have to ensure our own safety first before we can treat with them. We'll head for Moriya and seek sanctuary from the Mountain, and while we're there, we can send out requests as representatives of the Hakurei religion and the repressed Hakugyokurou people to parley with Tenma and Scarlet over the fate of the Empire. Officiating international treaties would be a role that small nation like Moriya would strive for, so this would be to their benefit as well."
>> No. 7712
[X] Wriggle and Mystia
Although I'm also interested in learning more about Empire.
>> No. 7713
I can't get the image of Sanae wearing a pope hat out of my head. Please call it a "temple" or "shrine" and not a church please. Sanae ;_;
>> No. 7714
>>7700
>Siki foot job
You already did the other thing. Plus, I could conceivably fap to this. Will there be stockings?
>> No. 7715
>>7714
Siki isn't Siki without her stockings!
>> No. 7716
Meeting living goddesses could be a touch awkward. "Oh, the Hakurei woman, right? I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Mima, what's she like?"

Still, the Mountain seems like a good place to shelter Reimu for the time being. It would also be nice to find out why the Republic wanted to capture Reimu and what manner of custody they wanted to hold over her, but we seem limited to only getting in confrontations with SDR forces.

Of course, once we've guaranteed Reimu's safety, we still need to find out why our Empress went power-mad, and how to help. We have to get rid of our traitor status or we'll never be able to marry Ran and be the father Chen desperately needs.
>> No. 7717
>>7700
>Actually there's a Reimu x Remillia H doujin that's pretty much that
Happen to remember the name, at all?
>> No. 7718
[x] "I think Tenma and the Republic have a lot to gain politically by working with us, but we have to ensure our own safety first before we can treat with them. We'll head for Moriya and seek sanctuary from the Mountain, and while we're there, we can send out requests as representatives of the Hakurei religion and the repressed Hakugyokurou people to parley with Tenma and Scarlet over the fate of the Empire. Officiating international treaties would be a role that small nation like Moriya would strive for, so this would be to their benefit as well."

Eh. I like a good challenge. A massive coup against Yuyu~sama isn't a very Rex thing to do.
>> No. 7721
>>7716
>be the father Chen desperately needs.

Yeah, she really needs a father whose pants she wants to get into.
>> No. 7722
Let's look at our options:

>[ ] Marisa and Alice
Empire Choice? I really don't know. They might be able to help us think of places to inquire about, even if they don't know much about them, themselves.

>[ ] Wriggle and Mystia
...Forest Choice? loli dotn' know. Not sure they'd have too much to contribute. Maybe they'd comment on Hakugyokurou?

>[ ] Cirno, Rumia and Daiyousei
I'm guessing they'd not be too helpful in thinking of good tactical options. It'll be cute, but not too useful. At best, I think they'd probably say "yeah, SDMville isn't so good an idea," having grown up there and all.

>[ ] Reimu
Done: Unhelpful option.

>[ ] Nitori, Aya and Momizi
Done: Moriya option

>[ ] Rinnosuke
This motherfucker has a better grip on most things than Captain Rex will ever have. Or something. Let's ask him, next.



[x] Rinnosuke.
>> No. 7723
>>[ ] Cirno, Rumia and Daiyousei
>I'm guessing they'd not be too helpful in thinking of good tactical options. It'll be cute, but not too useful. At best, I think they'd probably say "yeah, SDMville isn't so good an idea," having grown up there and all.

Are they actually Republic ex-pats in this story? I was under the impression the Moriyans were the only people here not native to the Empire.
>> No. 7724
[X] Wriggle and Mystia
Do want Forest of Anarchy
>> No. 7726
File 12191925733.jpg - (416.66KB , 2000x2000 , Touhou - Gensokyo Theoretical map.jpg ) [iqdb]
7726
Is there a compilation of the various nations and factions in this story, anywhere?
If not, here's what I've whipped up. Please mention corrections/additions/suggestions.

Canon
=============

Scarlet Devil Republic: Remilia is their head of state, and here, she's got no Hakurei miko to keep her in line. Also, Sakuya the dominatrix captain. They're a tad ambitious.

Hakugyokurou Empire:
Bigass empire ruled by Yuyuko. Also includes Mayohiga faction. In before we find out Yukari usurps/is corrupting Yuyu. Used to be home for us, now is hell for us.

Eientei:
Neutralbunny.

Moriya:
Three factions associated mainly for geographical reasons. Moriyan Theocracy (Fanatics included), Tenma's Discount Tengu Staffing Services Inc., and the Kappanese techno-hermits.


Theory
=============

Hakurei: Don't know shit about them. Has St. Reimu. I wonder if Mima really is the deity. Also, would Suika be something like a Daedra, or Daedroth, or whatever, then?

Makai:
Who knows? But that one Anon's description ( >>7620 ), assuming it was thought over well, is as good as any until we hear from Scorn:
>The fallen realm of Makai? Even if Alice were to navigate us through the barrier storms by following the (likely mythic) Route of Hourai, we'd have naught waiting for us in the ruins but starvation & heartache. And worse if the tales about the "demon ships" hold any truth.
>Maybe as a last resort, if only to seal the coffins of anyone brave or stupid enough to follow us in.

Higan/Netherworld:
Best Case scenario, it's like the UN, but more justice-y.
Worst Case scenario, it's the city of Pandemonium in the first circle of Hell.

The Forest of Magic:
May not be present in this story, or is simply a vast wilderness territory filled with all manner of nasty shit. It's either unclaimed and simply a woodland version of Harlem or the Bronx but far worse; or it could be like a loosely administered district claimed by one of the larger factions that maintained a presence there, like Greenland, or Morrowind or whatever.

The Moon:
Yeah no.

Underground:
As far as I understand, this is a world of floating continents. That shit most likely ain't happening.
>> No. 7727
>>7726
>Bigass empire ruled by Yuyuko. Also includes Mayohiga faction. In before we find out Yukari usurps/is corrupting Yuyu. Used to be home for us, now is hell for us.

Is Yukari some Stefan Amaris?
>> No. 7728
>>7726
>Underground
Perhaps the dark and nearly forgotten lands beneath the clouds, where the sunlight never reaches? Like the Underdark, except with no solid ceiling.
>> No. 7729
Don't want to waste Scorn's writing time on reifying what's already been said. As stated there's no reason to put ourselves in danger by going to Tenma or the Republic directly, and as we have Yukari's sympathies, we may be able to browbeat Yuyuko into making concessions if we present a united front (that is, if she hasn't gone completely insane). We should at least extend the olive branch to the Empire before we decide to support an armed insurrection or draw up plans for war.

[x] "I think Tenma and the Republic have a lot to gain politically by working with us, but we have to ensure our own safety first before we can treat with them. We'll head for Moriya and seek sanctuary from the Mountain, and while we're there, we can send out requests as representatives of the repressed Hakurei religion to parley with Tenma, Scarlet, and even Yukari over the fate of said peoples enclaved within the Empire. Officiating international treaties would be a role that a small nation like the Moriya Shrine would strive for, so this would be to their benefit as well."

Modified for clarity and as to not cut Yukari out of the loop completely. Even if Yukari is the reason for all of this, we can still stop her from claiming the throne of the entire Empire by involving the other nations; no doubt they would be happier to see the Empire split into two separate states.
>> No. 7730
>Underground:
>As far as I understand, this is a world of floating continents. That shit most likely ain't happening.

In the third arc of Captain Anonymous Rex, the once-forgotten settlers of the deep return. All this time, they've been using advanced technology to survive at depths where almost nothing else could. But now, with an invasion fleet spearheaded by Utsuho Reiuji, captain of the bizarre and dreaded *Yatagarasu*, they plan to reclaim their original lofty homes, and then all other territory in the world above.
>> No. 7732
[x]Rinnosuke

He must have some good suggestions, maybe
>> No. 7733
[x] Rinnosuke
I can't see how asking the more level-headed guy wouldn't hurt.
>> No. 7734
The cool thing about Captain Rex Anonymous is that I don't need to play Skies of Arcadia anymore!
>> No. 7735
>>7711>>7718>>7729
We're making the most important decision in the game here, we have 6 sources of information and we've used 2 of them. Why the HELL are you people voting to stop now?

I think it would be better to ask Rinnosuke last, after we get more information. We haven't heard anything about a possible Forest of Magic.

>Alice Maragtroid your navigator, she and Marisa have been loyal officers following your career since the beginning.
>Wriggle Nightbug your communications officer, she's fairly new to the navy but very competent at what she does.
>Mystia Lorelei your helms woman, before you took command of The Herald you used to take the helm your self but now with this larger ship you need to keep your mind free from distractions.

[x] Wriggle and Mystia
>> No. 7736
[X] Wriggle and Mystia.

Because I love Wriggle, and everyone was uber suspicious of her before. Let's see what she has to say.
>> No. 7737
[x] Wriggle and Mystia
>> No. 7738
[x] Wriggle and Mystia
>> No. 7739
[x] Wriggle and Mystia
I always miss these!
>> No. 7741
Right because there are a lot of questions out there I'm going to give a little history and geography lesson before I begin.

1)
Higan, Underground and Maki are all not in this game. They weren't considered at the beginning and have no place in the existing power structure, it'd be impossible to fit them in without massive rewrites. Sorry.

2)
The forest of Magic is a territory within the Empire on the MayohigaHakugyokuro border on the side of Mayohiga. Most of the crew come from this region and thusly have no particularly strong attachment to either partner in the Empire, but rather to the Empire itself if at all. The crew not from the forest are Rex and Alice, but both moved down there during training at the academy.

4)
Geographically, The Empire spans two large continents in the far west. Eientei is an archipelagoisland nation in the middle of the Empire and the Republic but slightly northern. The SDR has one main continent land mass that's smaller than Hakugyokuro but is surrounded by satellite islands in the Far East. Moriya is the most northern continent by a fairly large distance of open sky, it's roughly crescent shaped with mountains running along the spine and is larger on the Tengu side along the west.

These are just vague descriptions though.

History:

# Mayohiga and Hakugyokuro are at war since records begin.

# Hakugyokuro discovers Eientei, a flowering nation, declares war.

# Fighting on two fronts Hakugyokuro's war on Eientei is abandoned. Eientei's leader begins work on uniting the nation.

# The kingdom that ruled before the Scarlet Devil Republic learns of their western neighbors yet keeps its own presence hidden. A few hundred years later, the kingdom falls and is replaced by the Republic.

# Bothered by the growing Kochiya influence the Hakurei religion declares holy war on the Mountain of Faith, however the war is ended after just ten years when the Empire recalls all forces deployed there to continue fighting the war with Mayohiga. Hakurei and Kochiya relations are poor for years to come.

# Eientei unites behind one leader after the only remaining opposition is defeated.

# Using the first recorded example of metal plated ships The Scarlet Devil Republic invades Hakugyokuro and Mayohiga causing wide spread destruction. While greatly out numbered the superior Republic ships with their iron amour easily run rampant over their foes.

# Faced with a greater threat Mayohiga and Hakugyokuro band together creating the Empire. They also manage to steal the secrets behind armored ships from defeated enemy vessels.

# Eientei takes a neutral stance in the war of this new era.

# The Empire send their response to the Republic with the largest fleet ever assembled intending to end the war in one blow, however the invasion ends a miserable failure after loosing fully two thirds of the fleet to hit and run attacks by the Republic in transit.

# Lord Tenma unties the Tengu

# The SDR invades The Empire once again while their enemy is weakened, having lost the majority of their veterans to the previous campaign. The invasion fleet is lead by non other than Flandre Scarlet, sister to the Republic's leader. The Empire takes a brutal beating at the hands of Flandre's attacks, it's during this invasion that one captain begins his prestigious career.

# Flandre is finally defeated and the SDR driven back, at great cost. It remains unknown whether Flandre lives or if she died with her ship that sank burning into the depths.

# A period of relative peace, nothing worth note happens other than skirmishes and Eientei reports a huge piracy problem.

# Reimu Hakurei is arrested during her world wide tour for peace, Rex and his crew are dispatched to recover her.

===

That's everything without plot spoilers I can think of right now.
>> No. 7742
>>7741

Mayohiga was at war with Hakugyokuro, eh? My trust in this story's Yukari just plummeted.
>> No. 7743
>>7742

We already knew that, though.
>> No. 7744
>>7743

...Oh. My bad. Sleep deprivation does nothing good for the memory, I guess.
>> No. 7745
>>The Empire takes a brutal beating at the hands of Flandre's attacks, it's during this invasion that one captain begins his prestigious career.

I look forward to a "so we meet again" moment between Flandre and Rex.
>> No. 7746
>>7745

i dont think that necessarily means we were fighting flandre, sounds more like our career started during this time
>> No. 7747
>>7746

...with defeating Flandre.
>> No. 7748
File 121934789513.jpg - (97.20KB , 640x452 , grp1115204410.jpg ) [iqdb]
7748
>>7741
># Lord Tenma unties the Tengu
Why would he do that?
>> No. 7823
># Flandre is finally defeated and the SDR driven back, at great cost. It remains unknown whether Flandre lives or if she died with her ship that sank burning into the depths.


Awesome, the glorious return of Flandre to save Rex's Ass in the last minute.
>> No. 7824
>>7741
Scorn, you should take the time and redo the History, but more in-depth.
>> No. 7840
>>7748
Am I the only one who noticed Aya leaking pee in that pic?
>> No. 7845
>>7840
You're not.
>> No. 7849
>>7840

No, unfortunately.
>> No. 7867
>>7840

Welcome to /scorn/
>> No. 7868
>>7867
Now You're Thinking With Shit
>> No. 7885
>>7824
I will, there's plot spoilers in the full history though so you get it at the end.
>> No. 7886
>>7885
When will you finally get internet at home, Anon demands daily updates.
>> No. 7889
Didn't update today because I was writing My letter of resignation to McDonalds and arranging my home internet connection. We're going down the final stretch!
>> No. 7890
>>7889
You mean you didn't just spit in the food and walk out? I'm impressed.
>> No. 7891
>>7890
I've got no previous work experience to use for future employment, I need to leave with dignity for now.

Trust me, if I had my any other choice there wouldn't be a fucking letter that's for sure.
>> No. 7892
>>7891
Another wasted youth. Only Touhou left in your life now.
Write away your pain, write it all out.
>> No. 7895
>>7889

Hooray!
>> No. 7900
>letter of resignation to McDonalds

Things are very different on your side of the pond.
>> No. 7901
>>7900

...so in Euroland, McDonald's is considered an elite class job?
>> No. 7904
>>7901
Yeah, elite Niggers and Turks go for it.
Whatever foreigner is coming into the country and can barley speak the language gets the job.
>> No. 7905
>>7904

Spics, Jews, bad news etc.
>> No. 7906
>>7905
Never met a Jew in my life, i can't say anything bad about them.
Hitler wiped them all out mostly here
>> No. 7907
>>7900

I certainly never saw it coming, have to give two weeks notice too.

>>7901

No it still pays barely minimum wage, but you have to give notice in writing if you're going to quit. Bastards.

>>7904
You're thinking of KFC, McDonalds is for the white trash of England such as teenagers, retards and students with no previous experience due to spending their entire life taking it easy.
>> No. 7908
>>7905
oh noes mexicans taking our minimum wage jobs whatever shall we do

The only people affected are the lowest of the low anyway. To me, white trash are just as filthy as other colored trash. We should ship the lot of them to Mexico and have robots make our food (as soon as Message finishes coding the api for those mecha toasters)
>> No. 7909
>>7907
It's the same here in the States if you want a recommendation for your next job. Put in your two weeks in writing, etc. It gives franchise owners enough time to hire another burger flipper. Pretty much the same for every entry-level minimum wage job I've ever worked.
>> No. 7927
Scorn, you should have finished writing that letter by now.
>> No. 7928
>>7927

It's a really long letter. He's probably trying to fit in scat among his reasons for leaving (in full detail).
>> No. 7929
>>7908

You know, we have about as much use for them as you. Send them somewhere where they can actually have some purpose, rather than here where illegal immigrants from countries to the south are causing a slight nuisance in the southern region anyway.
>> No. 7930
>>7929

Mexico is having the same problem? Pardon me, but that's pretty funny.
>> No. 7932
>>7930

Well, south of Mexico would be all those central american countries and colombia. Their choices would be to live through the drug cartel infighting, head north, or go to Venezuela. Not really that surprising when you think of it.
>> No. 7933
>>7932

Sounds reasonable. We may complain a lot about the illegal immigrants up here, but at least we don't have to deal with that jazz right below us.
>> No. 7935
>>7928
He is writing a Ronald MC donald scat scene.
>> No. 7941
>>7935
Turns out Oreo mudpies aren't just McFlurries with chocolate sauce.
>> No. 7942
File 12200110473.jpg - (85.95KB , 1024x768 , 1219279681989.jpg ) [iqdb]
7942
>>7941
>> No. 7943
>>7941
I bet Scorn can tell tales of this.
>> No. 7944
But we don't have Oreos in the UK. I think.
>> No. 7945
>>7944
I saw some in a vending machine in Ireland though.
>> No. 7948
>>7947
>I loled when one of the dudes they interviewed said it tasted horrible dipped in tea.

ha ha what the shit
>> No. 7951
>>7950

i'm not usually anti-britfag, but my rage is building
>> No. 7952
>>7950

It's true. Oreos suuuuuuuuck when dunked in tea. Then again, i dislike dunking anything that has some kind of filling or cream in it anyway since the filling tends to just dissolve and end up all yucky.

However, don't just look at dunking on the side of the biscuits, also look at it from the side of the tea. The high sugar content of the Oreo can, when dunked (especially if dunking more than one) absolutely ruin a good cup of tea.

Frankly, the Oreo was not meant for dunking in hot liquids and that's the long and the short of it. In milk - fine. In tea - do not want.
>> No. 7953
File 122011400885.jpg - (38.71KB , 427x474 , 1186465449405.jpg ) [iqdb]
7953
>>7952
>Frankly, the Oreo was not meant for dunking in hot liquids
>> No. 7954
>>7952
Two words:
Hot chocolate.
>> No. 7956
>>7954

Also good with steamed milk. At bedtime.
>> No. 7957
Lol, britfags. You and your tea.
>> No. 7959
>>7952
Yes, but that's the point of it - if you're dunking Oreos in tea, you're just plain Doing It Wrong.
There's a reason why Oreos are marketed as "Milk's favorite cookie".

Anyway, tea is always better with something less heavy than chocolate. Sweet biscuits (either the hard kind you Brits like, or the soft and fluffy fresh-out-of-the-oven kind my group prefers) and/or fruit are what's best there. Stick with what works.
>> No. 7963
File 122022489426.jpg - (35.87KB , 285x610 , 122021293974.jpg ) [iqdb]
7963
>> No. 7964
Are you SCORN enough to eat your shit by over dunking it inside hot tea and slurping up the sloshy diarrohea-tea?
>> No. 7965
>>7964


ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 7995
>>7950
Rich teas are the single worst dipping biscuit ever made, the name is misleading! Seriously, they crumble into a sludgy mess after just one dunk and you end up with a lump of soggy biscuit in the bottom of your cup you have to scoop out with a tea spoon.

But if you're dunking biscuits in tea you're doing it wrong anyway, tea should not be sullied so!


That aside, Anonymous is a lucky creature. I've got time off until the weekend starting today so there will be some progress every day until Friday I hope, then next week on Wednesday is my last day at the temple of the golden M. Now if only BT would call me back and tell me if I've got my phone line active yet or not, can't do the interwebs without it.

Updates coming today until about 6:30pm when the library closes.
>> No. 7998
>>7995
>>Updates

Thats all I needed to read.
HOORAY/
>> No. 8000
>>7998
Actually it's a partial lie, today I'm doing an update for my Eientei thing but tomorrow will be all good.
>> No. 8004
>>8001

What?
>> No. 8006
>>8004

Is this just because you don't go to /th/ at all, or because you assumed it was dead? Because I mean, it's on the front page right now, if you haven't read it.
>> No. 8007
>>8006

By "what?", I meant "Wtf, can't you see it's not a story like the others, for fuck's sake it's just something to pass, like, 10 minutes reading. It's something he wrote when bored, stop bothering about that."
>> No. 8008
>>8000

Hooray!

>>8007

Yeah well, you know, that's just like your opinion, man.
>> No. 8010
>>8007
Yeah to be honest it gave me way too much trouble for what I came out with, my apologies. I think I'm in a slight slump but I will try to be cautiously optomistic.

I'm gonna write Wriggle, Mystia and Rinnosuke's answers tonight and post tomorrow so we can power on with this.
>> No. 8013
>>8010
>I'm gonna write Wriggle, Mystia and Rinnosuke's answers tonight and post tomorrow so we can power on with this.

Hooray! I like Captain Anonymous, but I enjoy /forest/LA more.
>> No. 8020
>>8010
>08/09/03(Wed)08:32
>post tomorrow

;_;
>> No. 8021
File 122062539736.gif - (42.24KB , 720x600 , 122009075915.gif ) [iqdb]
8021
A babble of general conversation has broken out amongst the crew, not the disordered chaos as everyone tries to vent their opinion but a more muted discussion between each other. Heads bowed and leaning into hear their neighbor the crew fragment slightly into their respective clickes, the hum of conversation is low but steady with the occasional spike in volume or sharp intake of breath; you take this moment to lean back and allow them a while to confer.

Settling down more comfortably in your seat you realize you've been leaning forward across the table to better hear what was said, now leaving you with a slight ache in your shoulders so you roll your joint trying to chase it away. A quick glance at a clock mounted over the entrance tells you that you've been in here for a couple of hours already, but the gravity of the situation deserves your attention.

"Rex."

Quietly a voice behind you snaps your attention back from wandering, standing solemnly behind you looming like a silent shadow is Rinnosuke. Curiously you turn to him with a slight frown.

"Kourin? It's not like you to refer to me by my first name."
"Ah, forgiveness captain." Unusually for Rinnosuke he's hesitating, the face you're so used to seeing as a cool mask of competence and calm is now slightly broken by a glimmer of worry.
"I don't mind, you've known me long enough and we're hardly standing on rank anymore."
Matching his hushed tone you lean in further.
"What is it?"
Those impassive red eyes flicker away for a second before returned your gaze.
"I, would like to air my opinion."
Your brow furrows deeper.
"That's fine, but why so secretive?"
"Because this is more of a personal opinion, rather than one with everyone's best interests in mind."
"That's....not like you, Kourin."

In fact it's almost unheard of; you can scarcely recall a time when this man has done anything that wasn't in the service of his crew or country so all this is a bit out of character for him. But then again he's been taken out of the rigid military environment he's accustomed to; you could do worse than encourage him to express his own free will. He's probably just unused to doing so and would rather not have an audience.

"Even so, I must ask that you indulge me."
"Sorry, I didn't mean it sound like that Kourin. Please, go on."
"I would like to suggest, siding with the Republic."

There's no way you could've heard that right, you're imagining things, there's no way he'd say something like that! He's been a loyal servant to the Empire his entire life and has fought the Republic tooth and nail since he signed up for active service; it's remarkable he defied the Empire at all during your mini rebellion. But to actually suggest defecting? It's not like you've not considered it just now and he was the one who encouraged the idea, so why are you so surprised?

Regardless you told him you'd listen, you owe him that much at least.

"I see, I have to admit it's a viable option certainly though not without its risks and drawbacks. But what makes you want to side with the republic?"

He doesn't speak for a moment leaving you feeling very uneasy, it's not like Kourin to open up like this; although perhaps if you had spent more time with him... Well it doesn't matter right now, all around you the thrum and hum of discussion goes on but you're attention is focused on this silent stoic man.

"For a while now I've been feeling filled with doubt, about our nation, our empress and her actions. Yet I always trusted in her wisdom and compassion, when the Republic invaded all those years ago the actions of that terrible girl made me sure that we were always going to be on the side good. But over time I became less and less sure, the ideals that I believed in weren't be represented by my leaders. But they do live on in the people of my home; I think you understand what I mean, Rex. Yuyuko's actions have galvanized me, I know now that we've been fighting under the wrong banner all along, we did right in protecting our people but we erred in protecting those that would besmirch what is right as well."

With quiet determination burning in his eyes Rinnosuke meets your eye and holds it there steadfast.

"I wish to join with The Republic, not because I wish to defect or betray my people but because I honestly believe them to be the only force in the world that can help save The Empire from itself. I wish to liberate our country from the hands of the Empress and her heartless rule.”
“I feel the same way my friend, but is this really the way to go about things? I’m not disregarding your opinion, but The Republic certainly doesn’t have much love for us and that might make it hard to get into discussion with them. That is of course assuming they’d be willing to listen to us at all and not just arrest or execute us once we drop our guard.”

You give him a straight look, trying to be even handed about this.

“I’m not saying that it won’t work and you’re certainly right, if we want to act on the situation in The Empire then The Republic is definitely who we want to work with. But when it comes down to is, when we enter their territory and make our first encounter I gotta wonder? Are we going to find a sympathetic ear here? There’s a lot of variables that could swing things either way, nothing is certain.”

“I understand,” He wavers, but then rallies and gives you a look of such trust and devotion you find yourself wincing a bit. “But if anyone were capable of pulling it off, it’s you, Rex.”

Ouch.

Damn, with a display like that you’re going to feel like a real heel if you let him down now. But his words do have merit and you have to admit that you’d like to see what you can do for your country, they may have turned their back on you but that doesn’t mean you did the same in turn. What’s more siding with the Republic would give you the place and the purpose that you’ve lost, you hate to say it but you’re not sure if you can be anything other than a captain and not every destination is going to offer you to keep living as you are.
--

Little more coming, sorry I've been exceptionally unreliable lately but I've been slumped and busy with things like loans and not being contacted by my phone provider.

Anyway, so: Hisui's route? I've just started playing Tsukihime again because I remembered I hadn't finished it yet, I was told Hisui was the "feel good route" but to be honest I wasn't too uplifted and I did both endings. On Kohaku's now and I can already tell I'm not going to like where it's going.
>> No. 8023
"I can't believe you'd betray your own nation Kourin!"

Slamming her hands down on the table with a hefty thud Marisa springs out of her chair with an angry cry, clenching her teeth with suppressed anger she seethes and glares at Rinnosuke who looks away with a tinge of shame. Seems she was listening in on the conversation.

"Marisa I-"
Before he can even defend himself Marisa begins to lay into him.
"Do you really think that joining the people who've been invading our nation for the last few hundred years are really the people we should side with in order to save our country? So to save our people we have to fight and kill them until there's no one left to protect the Empress?"

She's almost hysterical, the entire crew is now gaping at her as Rinnosuke just stands there and takes it but Marisa goes on shouting at the passive figure.

"It's not going to work like that Kourin! There no way we can say we're helping the people, saving them from their corrupt rulers, if we fight them and side with their enemy! It's too hypocritical!"

"Don't be so naive!"

Barking back in a shocking powerful voice Kourin returns Marisa's glare with equal fury, a couple of the crew are now totally stunned by his outburst.

"You want to save the world and no one gets hurt? Maybe after a few rounds of harmless dueling we'll all go to the winner's house for a tea party? Wake up from the fantasy Marisa, this is a war and people die! Rex might have sheltered us all from that horrible truth, but if we're going to change anything for the better sacrifices have to be made for the greater good!"
"The greater good?" Marisa cries incuriously. "How can you even think something like that? How can you even justify the loss of innocent life by calling it for the greater good? How many people have to die for the greater good Kourin?"
"And how many people have to suffer to satisfy your conscience Marisa? If you want to help people you have to get your hands bloody, you can't think of things in such black and white terms!"

"Sometimes a hero has to be as ruthless as the villains he fights!"

As vicious barbs cross in the air violently the crew stare on, half in fascination half in fear seeing two close friends confronting each other like this. They stand opposed to each other red in the face, hoarse of throat and clenching their fists each too stubborn to give in.

Things are rapidly getting out of control.

----

How do you regain control of the situationstop the argument?

[ ] Write in only

====

Okay still didn't have time to do WriggleMystia but here's a chance for some actual interaction. If you want to progress rather than continue talking mention what you plan on doing in your write in, but don't worry if you still want to talk to the crew.

Anyhoo, being kicked out the library so Scorn out.
>> No. 8024
[x] End this before they start trading punches. "WE ARE GOING TO MORIYA! Ahem. We're going to Moriya. For now we're going to seek sanctuary at the Moriya shrine."
[x] "Kourin, if we're going to treat with the Republic, it'd be better to do so on neutral ground, right?"
[x] "Marisa, there's no reason to start talking of war before we've tried diplomacy. If there's any sanity left in our Empress, the mere threat of a multinational joint embargo ought to give her and her advisers pause."
[x] "As I see it if we can ramp up the external pressure through threat of war or trade sanctions, while agitating the Hakurei faithful into resistance, Yukari may be able to convince the separatist elements to simply stage a coup."
>> No. 8026
[x] End this before they start trading punches. "WE ARE GOING TO MORIYA! Ahem. We're going to Moriya. For now we're going to seek sanctuary at the Moriya shrine."
[x] "Kourin, if we're going to treat with the Republic, it'd be better to do so on neutral ground, right?"
[x] "Marisa, there's no reason to start talking of war before we've tried diplomacy. If there's any sanity left in our Empress, the mere threat of a multinational joint embargo ought to give her and her advisers pause."
>Maybe after a few rounds of harmless dueling we'll all go to the winner's house for a tea party?

oh u

[x] "As I see it if we can ramp up the external pressure through threat of war or trade sanctions, while agitating the Hakurei faithful into resistance, Yukari may be able to convince the separatist elements to simply stage a coup."
>> No. 8032
[X] "Then I guess there is only one place we can go. The Republic."
>> No. 8033
[+] End this before they start trading punches. "WE ARE GOING TO MORIYA! Ahem. We're going to Moriya. For now we're going to seek sanctuary at the Moriya shrine."
[+] "Kourin, if we're going to treat with the Republic, it'd be better to do so on neutral ground, right?"
[+] "Marisa, there's no reason to start talking of war before we've tried diplomacy. If there's any sanity left in our Empress, the mere threat of a multinational joint embargo ought to give her and her advisers pause."
[+] "As I see it if we can ramp up the external pressure through threat of war or trade sanctions, while agitating the Hakurei faithful into resistance, Yukari may be able to convince the separatist elements to simply stage a coup."

I'm with Marisa on this one. Yuyuko might be just the kind of despotic leader to conscript every useful meatshield she can against their will. If we go Republic, that means the cost in lives lost from our homeland's people will likely be so great as to be utterly unacceptable.

This isn't about breaking a few eggs to make an omelet. This would be more along the lines of breaking the whole henhouse for one fried egg.

Embargoes may hit the lowest level hardest and fastest, but that will incite rebellion all the sooner. After that, it'll be a matter of supplying arms to the militias, volunteering strategic support, and ultimately leading the people in a full-scale uprising against the Empress.

Republic support would only be needed for the embargo, if even that. Nevertheless, we will have to achieve successful diplomatic relations before the uprising, because otherwise they'll see the nation in its weakened state post-civil war and attack, and the likely casualties of such are so huge it brings on a shudder.

The support of Moriya - or at the very least, the Tengu - would be essential at all stages, I think. We'll also need some way to finance the campaign, or it's doomed to failure from the start.
>> No. 8038
[x] End this before they start trading punches. "WE ARE GOING TO MORIYA! Ahem. We're going to Moriya. For now we're going to seek sanctuary at the Moriya shrine."
[x] "Kourin, if we're going to treat with the Republic, it'd be better to do so on neutral ground, right?"
[x] "Marisa, there's no reason to start talking of war before we've tried diplomacy. If there's any sanity left in our Empress, the mere threat of a multinational joint embargo ought to give her and her advisers pause."
[x] "As I see it if we can ramp up the external pressure through threat of war or trade sanctions, while agitating the Hakurei faithful into resistance, Yukari may be able to convince the separatist elements to simply stage a coup."

Fuck yeah, Kourin!

Also, my mind isn't tactical by any stretch of the imagination, but Moria does seem to be the best bet right now.
>> No. 8042
>"And how many people have to suffer to satisfy your conscience Marisa? If you want to help people you have to get your hands bloody, you can't think of things in such black and white terms!"

Oh you!

[x] End this before they start trading punches. "WE ARE GOING TO MORIYA! Ahem. We're going to Moriya. For now we're going to seek sanctuary at the Moriya shrine."
[x] "Kourin, if we're going to treat with the Republic, it'd be better to do so on neutral ground, right?"
[x] "Marisa, there's no reason to start talking of war before we've tried diplomacy. If there's any sanity left in our Empress, the mere threat of a multinational joint embargo ought to give her and her advisers pause."
[x] "As I see it if we can ramp up the external pressure through threat of war or trade sanctions, while agitating the Hakurei faithful into resistance, Yukari may be able to convince the separatist elements to simply stage a coup."
>> No. 8043
[X] "I HAVE DECIDED. We're going to the Republic"

Kourin said this is the best choice.
>> No. 8044
[X]"Maybe we should just go back to the Empire and surrender..."

Giving up is always the best choice.
>> No. 8045
[X]"WE GO TO THE REPUBLIC!"

Just do it already.
>> No. 8046
[x] End this before they start trading punches. "WE ARE GOING TO MORIYA! Ahem. We're going to Moriya. For now we're going to seek sanctuary at the Moriya shrine."
[x] "Kourin, if we're going to treat with the Republic, it'd be better to do so on neutral ground, right?"
[x] "Marisa, there's no reason to start talking of war before we've tried diplomacy. If there's any sanity left in our Empress, the mere threat of a multinational joint embargo ought to give her and her advisers pause."
[x] "As I see it if we can ramp up the external pressure through threat of war or trade sanctions, while agitating the Hakurei faithful into resistance, Yukari may be able to convince the separatist elements to simply stage a coup."
>> No. 8047
[x] End this before they start trading punches. "WE ARE GOING TO MORIYA! Ahem. We're going to Moriya. For now we're going to seek sanctuary at the Moriya shrine."
[x] "Kourin, if we're going to treat with the Republic, it'd be better to do so on neutral ground, right?"
[x] "Marisa, there's no reason to start talking of war before we've tried diplomacy. If there's any sanity left in our Empress, the mere threat of a multinational joint embargo ought to give her and her advisers pause."
[x] "As I see it if we can ramp up the external pressure through threat of war or trade sanctions, while agitating the Hakurei faithful into resistance, Yukari may be able to convince the separatist elements to simply stage a coup."
>> No. 8048
[x] End this before they start trading punches. "WE ARE GOING TO MORIYA! Ahem. We're going to Moriya. For now we're going to seek sanctuary at the Moriya shrine."
[x] "Kourin, if we're going to treat with the Republic, it'd be better to do so on neutral ground, right?"
[x] "Marisa, there's no reason to start talking of war before we've tried diplomacy. If there's any sanity left in our Empress, the mere threat of a multinational joint embargo ought to give her and her advisers pause."
[x] "As I see it if we can ramp up the external pressure through threat of war or trade sanctions, while agitating the Hakurei faithful into resistance, Yukari may be able to convince the separatist elements to simply stage a coup."
>> No. 8049
[X]" Marisa, I know how you are feeling, but calm yourself down. You say you don't want to kill people? Then think, just how many people WE killed already under the Empire?"
[X]"There is only one place we will be accepted: The Republic."
>> No. 8051
[X]" Marisa, I know how you are feeling, but calm yourself down. You say you don't want to kill people? Then think, just how many people WE killed already under the Empire?"
[X]"There is only one place we will be accepted: The Republic."
>> No. 8052
[X]" Marisa, I know how you are feeling, but calm yourself down. You say you don't want to kill people? Then think, just how many people WE killed already under the Empire?"
[X]"There is only one place we will be accepted: The Republic."
>> No. 8053
[x] End this before they start trading punches. "WE ARE GOING TO MORIYA! Ahem. We're going to Moriya. For now we're going to seek sanctuary at the Moriya shrine."
[x] "Kourin, if we're going to treat with the Republic, it'd be better to do so on neutral ground, right?"
[x] "Marisa, there's no reason to start talking of war before we've tried diplomacy. If there's any sanity left in our Empress, the mere threat of a multinational joint embargo ought to give her and her advisers pause."
>> No. 8054
>>8033
Addendum to this:
After we get our shit fixed up, then go raiding the Empire's valuables - food, arms, ammo, shipyards, anything.

We're pretty much pirates, so let's get some pirating done.
>> No. 8057
File 122069153512.jpg - (45.01KB , 300x300 , Mokou - pop-up hatch.jpg ) [iqdb]
8057
>>8054
>We're pretty much pirates, so let's get some pirating done.
Maybe while we're doing that, we'll meet someone.

Someone who shares the same interests as us.

Someone with a fiery temper.
>> No. 8058
[x] End this before they start trading punches. "WE ARE GOING TO MORIYA! Ahem. We're going to Moriya. For now we're going to seek sanctuary at the Moriya shrine."
[x] "Kourin, if we're going to treat with the Republic, it'd be better to do so on neutral ground, right?"
[x] "Marisa, there's no reason to start talking of war before we've tried diplomacy. If there's any sanity left in our Empress, the mere threat of a multinational joint embargo ought to give her and her advisers pause."
[x] "As I see it if we can ramp up the external pressure through threat of war or trade sanctions, while agitating the Hakurei faithful into resistance, Yukari may be able to convince the separatist elements to simply stage a coup."
>> No. 8059
[X]" Marisa, I know how you are feeling, but calm yourself down. You say you don't want to kill people? Then think, just how many people WE killed already under the Empire?"
[X]"There is only one place we will be accepted: The Republic."
>> No. 8060
[X]" Marisa, I know how you are feeling, but calm yourself down. You say you don't want to kill people? Then think, just how many people WE killed already under the Empire?"
[X]"There is only one place we will be accepted: The Republic."
>> No. 8061
[X]" Marisa, I know how you are feeling, but calm yourself down. You say you don't want to kill people? Then think, just how many people WE killed already under the Empire?"
[X]"There is only one place we will be accepted: The Republic."

Don't want the other options.
>> No. 8062
[X]" Marisa, I know how you are feeling, but calm yourself down. You say you don't want to kill people? Then think, just how many people WE killed already under the Empire?"
[X]"There is only one place we will be accepted: The Republic."
>> No. 8064
...How many people DID we kill under the Empire?
>> No. 8065
[+] End this before they start trading punches. "WE ARE GOING TO MORIYA! Ahem. We're going to Moriya. For now we're going to seek sanctuary at the Moriya shrine."
[+] "Kourin, if we're going to treat with the Republic, it'd be better to do so on neutral ground, right?"
[+] "Marisa, there's no reason to start talking of war before we've tried diplomacy. If there's any sanity left in our Empress, the mere threat of a multinational joint embargo ought to give her and her advisers pause."
[+] "As I see it if we can ramp up the external pressure through threat of war or trade sanctions, while agitating the Hakurei faithful into resistance, Yukari may be able to convince the separatist elements to simply stage a coup."
>> No. 8066
[X]" Marisa, I know how you are feeling, but calm yourself down. You say you don't want to kill people? Then think, just how many people WE killed already under the Empire?"
[X]"There is only one place we will be accepted: The Republic."
>> No. 8067
[x] End this before they start trading punches. "WE ARE GOING TO MORIYA! Ahem. We're going to Moriya. For now we're going to seek sanctuary at the Moriya shrine."
[x] "Kourin, if we're going to treat with the Republic, it'd be better to do so on neutral ground, right?"
[x] "Marisa, there's no reason to start talking of war before we've tried diplomacy. If there's any sanity left in our Empress, the mere threat of a multinational joint embargo ought to give her and her advisers pause."
[x] "As I see it if we can ramp up the external pressure through threat of war or trade sanctions, while agitating the Hakurei faithful into resistance, Yukari may be able to convince the separatist elements to simply stage a coup."

This one seems more thought out than the other one.

>...How many people DID we kill under the Empire?

Two? Three? However many people were in China's ship? I can't think of anyone other than that specific battle and what we did to get Nitori to join our crew.
>> No. 8068
[X]" Marisa, I know how you are feeling, but calm yourself down. You say you don't want to kill people? Then think, just how many people WE killed already under the Empire?"
[X]"There is only one place we will be accepted: The Republic."

>>8067

Probably more. Remember Patchouli? We didn't destroy her ship, but it was left in such a bad state that surely many crew members have died.
>> No. 8069
[X]" Marisa, I know how you are feeling, but calm yourself down. You say you don't want to kill people? Then think, just how many people WE killed already under the Empire?"
[X]"There is only one place we will be accepted: The Republic."
>> No. 8070
>>8067
We didn't sink Meiling's ship.
>"What's the status of the main fleet Marisa?"
>"Seems they've slowed down to help The China -ze. I mean, sir."
>> No. 8071
Gee it sure is votespam in here.

Exactly what advantage do we gain by going into SDM as opposed to dealing with them on neutral territory?

If you want to start a war, don't you think you'd want other nations to be on your side? The Republic hasn't done a real good job of fighting the Empire on it's own, you know.
>> No. 8072
[x] End this before they start trading punches. "WE ARE GOING TO MORIYA! Ahem. We're going to Moriya. For now we're going to seek sanctuary at the Moriya shrine."
[x] "Kourin, if we're going to treat with the Republic, it'd be better to do so on neutral ground, right?"
[x] "Marisa, there's no reason to start talking of war before we've tried diplomacy. If there's any sanity left in our Empress, the mere threat of a multinational joint embargo ought to give her and her advisers pause."
[x] "As I see it if we can ramp up the external pressure through threat of war or trade sanctions, while agitating the Hakurei faithful into resistance, Yukari may be able to convince the separatist elements to simply stage a coup."

The other one doesn't make much sense to me. We've mostly been avoiding fatilities, and violently taking over a country to install a "better" government doesn't always work out too well. We'd be replacing the rule of the Empire with the rule of the Republic, do they represent the Rinnosuke's ideals? Will people really be happier as part of the Republic? This point hasn't even been brought up.
>> No. 8073
>>8071
>The Republic hasn't done a real good job of fighting the Empire on it's own, you know.

Yeah, because of Rex. But now that Empire has no Rex...
>> No. 8074
>>8072
>The other one doesn't make much sense to me. We've mostly been avoiding fatilities, and violently taking over a country to install a "better" government doesn't always work out too well. We'd be replacing the rule of the Empire with the rule of the Republic, do they represent the Rinnosuke's ideals?

It appears it does, since he himself said so.
>Will people really be happier as part of the Republic? This point hasn't even been brought up.

That's not the most important subject right now. I don't think that will be taken into consideration too.

And wow, I thought this discussion was to decide where to make repairs and where to hide, not how to destroy the Empire.
>> No. 8075
Reimu made it pretty clear the she didn't really want to be handed over the Republic. Going to the Republic now, after we did so much to keep her from them, and after we defected for her sake is downright absurd.
>> No. 8076
>>8074
He said:
>But over time I became less and less sure, the ideals that I believed in weren't be represented by my leaders. But they do live on in the people of my home; I think you understand what I mean, Rex.
>I honestly believe [the Republic] to be the only force in the world that can help save The Empire from itself.
Nothing about whether the Republic would be better leaders. It sounds like he wants a government that would represent the people of the Empire better, but can he really expect that to happen if the Republic invades and overthrows the current government? Why wouldn't they just annex it or make it a puppet state?

also derp
>represent the Rinnosuke's ideals
>> No. 8081
[x] End this before they start trading punches. "WE ARE GOING TO MORIYA! Ahem. We're going to Moriya. For now we're going to seek sanctuary at the Moriya shrine."
[x] "Kourin, if we're going to treat with the Republic, it'd be better to do so on neutral ground, right?"
[x] "Marisa, there's no reason to start talking of war before we've tried diplomacy. If there's any sanity left in our Empress, the mere threat of a multinational joint embargo ought to give her and her advisers pause."
[x] "As I see it if we can ramp up the external pressure through threat of war or trade sanctions, while agitating the Hakurei faithful into resistance, Yukari may be able to convince the separatist elements to simply stage a coup."
>> No. 8082
>>8076
>Why wouldn't they just annex it or make it a puppet state?

Exactly why if we do wage a war against the Empire, we'll need a multilateral force. Not just the Republic but competing nations that will keep their interests in check, like the Tengu. Besides, the rebels won't come to our aid if we come off looking like a conqueror's strawman.

As awesome as it would be to join forces with the SDM crew, there's no reason to be so impulsive about it. Time for that and more at Moriya.
>> No. 8083
[X]" Marisa, I know how you are feeling, but calm yourself down. You say you don't want to kill people? Then think, just how many people WE killed already under the Empire?"
[X]"There is only one place we will be accepted: The Republic."
>> No. 8084
[X]" Marisa, I know how you are feeling, but calm yourself down. You say you don't want to kill people? Then think, just how many people WE killed already under the Empire?"
[X]"There is only one place we will be accepted: The Republic."

This sequence has lasted enough, I want to go back to David&Wriggle.
>> No. 8085
File 122073867763.jpg - (1.88KB , 114x90 , ಠ_ಠ.jpg ) [iqdb]
8085
>[ ]" Marisa, I know how you are feeling, but calm yourself down. You say you don't want to kill people? Then think, just how many people WE killed already under the Empire?"
>[ ]"There is only one place we will be accepted: The Republic."

Wow, there's been so little justification for this write-in in the 12 votes cast toward it I can't help but think that it's just one or two guys mindlessly spamming it in order to derail the story.

Just what the fuck are you guys planning?
>> No. 8086
>>8085

Apparently some just don't like the Captain Anonymous side story and want to go back to /forest/LA. I'm just happy Scorn keeps writing.
>> No. 8087
[X]Republic option.

Whatever.
>> No. 8088
>>8086

Speaking for myself, only myself, I do like Captain Anon. It's just that I like the LA more. I know that Scorn is having some troubles to solve, and can't update regularly, but it's been too long since the last LA update.
>> No. 8089
>>8086

That's terrible reasoning for a terrible write-in. It might not even BAD END us instantly or bring us back to the LA. It is very likely, on the other hand, to put us on cruise control towards a SNOW END.

If people don't like it, why don't they just vote for "[x] Sever your carotid artery with a spoon"?
>> No. 8091
>>8089

Captain Anon side story =/= Forest LA.

Why do you think Captain Anon is not included in the thread count, faggot?
>> No. 8092
VOTING MORE WON'T MAKE HIM UPDATE FASTER, YOU RETARDS
>> No. 8093
>>8089

Good idea

[x] Sever your carotid artery with a spoon.
>> No. 8094
>>8085>>8086

I am planning to stop Rex at all costs. It was all going well and fun; shit was awesome until Rex betrayed the Empire. Then it went downhill to me.
>> No. 8095
File 122075091651.png - (35.00KB , 736x736 , awesomer.png ) [iqdb]
8095
>>8091

So are going to address my points or are you going to just state the blatantly obvious and hurl insults?

Did you even fucking read the post I quoted? Or the post he quoted? Derp.
>> No. 8096
>>8095

What? Weren't you talking about the LA?
>> No. 8097
GEE IT SURE IS LOL RANDUM XD IN HERE
>> No. 8098
>>8096

Uh, no.

I was wondering why people are voting en masse for the Republic Option, somebody said "We want to go back to Wriggle and David", and I said this was a bad way to go about to it and it might not even work.

Whatever, I'm done arguing now.
>> No. 8099
>>8098

Oh. My bad. Sorry for that.
>> No. 8100
>>8098

I think they are choosing speed over safety. Our objective is diplomacy with the republic, right? Talking directly with them is definetly faster than going to a neutral territoy, speak with the locals, call the Remilia, etc etc.
>> No. 8101
>>8100
>Our objective is diplomacy with the republic, right?

Our objective is the safety of our charge and the re-enfranchisement of the peoples of Hakugyokurou and Mayohiga, of which this is one part, a part that needs to be taken into context with others. As far as diplomacy is concerned, it's hard to demand concessions from a nation when at the same time you're actively seeking asylum from it.
>> No. 8102
>>8101

When did we get that objectives? I thought it was just to hide.
>> No. 8103
I'm just gonna throw this out there, and you guys, you know, you can take it, or not, but.

Seriously, don't go for this speed through because you don't like it any more bullshit. Scorn's said before that Captain Anonymous Rex's actions will have an effect on David, though the extent of them isn't really clear right now. It doesn't matter that they're not included in the thread count, they're still linked, and you're not fucking over anyone but yourself by being an idiot here.
>> No. 8104
[x] End this before they start trading punches. "WE ARE GOING TO MORIYA! Ahem. We're going to Moriya. For now we're going to seek sanctuary at the Moriya shrine."
[x] "Kourin, if we're going to treat with the Republic, it'd be better to do so on neutral ground, right?"
[x] "Marisa, there's no reason to start talking of war before we've tried diplomacy. If there's any sanity left in our Empress, the mere threat of a multinational joint embargo ought to give her and her advisers pause."
[x] "As I see it if we can ramp up the external pressure through threat of war or trade sanctions, while agitating the Hakurei faithful into resistance, Yukari may be able to convince the separatist elements to simply stage a coup."

time to use our high CHA.
>> No. 8105
[X] End this before they start trading punches. "WE ARE GOING TO MORIYA! Ahem. We're going to Moriya. For now we're going to seek sanctuary at the Moriya shrine."
[X] "Kourin, if we're going to treat with the Republic, it'd be better to do so on neutral ground, right?"
[X] "Marisa, there's no reason to start talking of war before we've tried diplomacy. If there's any sanity left in our Empress, the mere threat of a multinational joint embargo ought to give her and her advisers pause."
[X] "As I see it if we can ramp up the external pressure through threat of war or trade sanctions, while agitating the Hakurei faithful into resistance, Yukari may be able to convince the separatist elements to simply stage a coup."

Joining the enemy will do nothing but justify the dehumanization of Rex by the Empire.
>> No. 8106
>>8105
>dehumanization of Rex by the Empire.

I like this.

[X]"Republic."
>> No. 8107
[X] "There is only one place we will be accepted: The Republic."

lol I want to troll too
>> No. 8108
>>8107
Durr
>> No. 8109
[X] "There is only one place we will be accepted: The Republic."

I think the republic option seems more interesting.
>> No. 8110
[d] End this before they start trading punches. "WE ARE GOING TO MORIYA! Ahem. We're going to Moriya. For now we're going to seek sanctuary at the Moriya shrine."
[a] "Kourin, if we're going to treat with the Republic, it'd be better to do so on neutral ground, right?"
[z] "Marisa, there's no reason to start talking of war before we've tried diplomacy. If there's any sanity left in our Empress, the mere threat of a multinational joint embargo ought to give her and her advisers pause."
[e] "As I see it if we can ramp up the external pressure through threat of war or trade sanctions, while agitating the Hakurei faithful into resistance, Yukari may be able to convince the separatist elements to simply stage a coup."
>> No. 8111
>>8109
Hopping into a wheat thresher is also an interesting experience.

And like the Republic option, it's also a fucking moronic thing to do.
>> No. 8112
>>8111

Don't worry, I'm sure Scorn will use his head and do the right thing, right Scorn?

That said,
[X] "There is only one place we will be accepted: The Republic."
>> No. 8113
>>8112

I'm going to stick my dick in a wood chipper. Don't worry, I'm sure things will turn out just fine.
>> No. 8114
[x] End this before they start trading punches. "WE ARE GOING TO MORIYA! Ahem. We're going to Moriya. For now we're going to seek sanctuary at the Moriya shrine."
[x] "Kourin, if we're going to treat with the Republic, it'd be better to do so on neutral ground, right?"
[x] "Marisa, there's no reason to start talking of war before we've tried diplomacy. If there's any sanity left in our Empress, the mere threat of a multinational joint embargo ought to give her and her advisers pause."
[x] "As I see it if we can ramp up the external pressure through threat of war or trade sanctions, while agitating the Hakurei faithful into resistance, Yukari may be able to convince the separatist elements to simply stage a coup."
>> No. 8116
>>8112

Please stop antagonizing the writefag.
>> No. 8117
[X]" Marisa, I know how you are feeling, but calm yourself down. You say you don't want to kill people? Then think, just how many people WE killed already under the Empire?"
[X] "There is only one place we will be accepted: The Republic."

What? I think it'd be interesting. In any case, calm the fuck down, people. It ain't nothin' nohow serious.
>> No. 8118
>>8117
>we will be accepted
>the Republic
trollan from work, Tetro?
>> No. 8120
Updates tomorrow, maybe.

My rent isn't going through, I have to arrange a parking permit for my housemate's mother's car when he moves in, BT won't contact me and say yay or nay on the landline and I have to sort out my student loan. I may be busy.

BUT AT LEAST I DON'T HAVE TO WORK AT MC DONALDS NO MO'!
>> No. 8121
>>8120
Looks like its time for TouhouProject Write-a-thon 2008, the charity event in which Anon donates money so Scorn can eat, so he can update.
>> No. 8123
I haven't been following these for very long, but this particular CYOA interests me greatly; could someone kindly post a link to an archive of the story thus far, or simply send it to me? I would appreciate it greatly.
>> No. 8125
>>8123
http://z4.invisionfree.com/touhouvn/index.php?showtopic=81

Its interwoven to Scorn's other /forest/ story, just fyi.
>> No. 8126
>>8125
thank you very much, Dr. Doujin.
>> No. 8128
Republic is winning 19 to 17, however there are concerns regarding the legitimacy of the tally.

CONFIRM DESTINATION PLZ:

[] Moriya
[] Republic

And hurry it up, library is closing soon. Although my phone line is going up tomorrow and thusly internet will be following soon, within one to two weeks situation depending.
>> No. 8129
[] Moriya
>> No. 8130
[x] Moriya

Republic is fucking retarded.
>> No. 8131
[x] Moriya

I'd like to see what the dialogue would be between the Tengu and Rex's crew.
>> No. 8132
[x] Moriya
>> No. 8133
[x] Moriya
>> No. 8134
[x] Moriya
>> No. 8135
[x] Moriya
>> No. 8136
Moriya it is, back tomorrow with updates.
>> No. 8137
>>8128

>however there are concerns regarding the legitimacy of the tally.

Perhaps the same could be said of the Moriya option.
>> No. 8138
>>8137
Perhaps the same could be said of every vote ever cast on these boards.
>> No. 8141
>>8136
lol I lied
>> No. 8145
File 122117245637.jpg - (41.05KB , 243x280 , 1219704648951.jpg ) [iqdb]
8145
>>8141
>> No. 8177
SCORN! UPDATE!
>> No. 8220
Lol no updates again.
>> No. 8224
This isn't good, with tempers flaring like this it won't be long until they start trading blows and that'll send the whole crew into chaos, not to mention leave bad blood between them in the future, you've got no choice but to stop this now. What's more you don't need to hear anything else, faced with the choices at hand you can see no other option in the end.

The Republic is simply too much of a gamble on their own territory with too many variables you can't account for, you're not opposed to working with them but you're not willing to just waltz into their boarders and hand yourself over to their mercy.

The Empire simply is a no go zone, even if you could sneak back into your homeland you'd be living as a revolutionary in hiding and while it seems rather romantic it's not practical.

Eientei, well you hadn't even really considered them but to be honest you can't see them being anything more or less than neutral in this entire affair, neither helping nor hindering you there's nothing more to be said.

But Moriya.....

"WE ARE GOING TO MORIYA!"

With a stern bellow you leap to your feet slamming your hands on the table for attention, the effect is like a gunshot ringing out and freezing everyone in place, twelve faces gaze at you in shock. You take a second to look over them all, Marisa and Kourin squared off before you but wavering slightly before you, Reimu staring at you with the trust shining in her face, still grubby from the fire Nitori has the making of a smirk as Momizi gives you a slight nod of approval next to Aya who is now giving you a fawning look, Alice looks nervously from you to Marisa nibbling her lip, Rumia, Cirno and Daiyousei simply look back with confidence in you, Mystia who stayed silent through the proceeds smiles warmly at you leaning on her elbows those long nails of hers reaching her ears and Wriggle appears to be speechless and stunned.
"Ahem. We're going to Moriya. For now we're going to seek sanctuary at the Moriya shrine."
Turning your eye to Rinnosuke to address him, you notice his wary expression but he doesn't speak.
"Kourin, if we're going to treat with the Republic, it'd be better to do so on neutral ground, right? I agree that we could really use their help, but there's no way we'd get off scot free if we were to just turn up at their door step asking for sanctuary."
"And Marisa!"
Snapping your head to look at her she flinches back slightly under your stare before going to speak.
"Captain I-"
"Marisa, there's no reason to start talking of war before we've tried diplomacy. If there's any sanity left in our Empress, the mere threat of a multinational joint embargo ought to give her and her advisers pause. The Empire's big but not self sufficient, even if Yuyuko isn't going to listen to us there's got to be someone she will listen to if they start feeling the heat we send their way. As I see it if we can ramp up the external pressure through threat of war or trade sanctions, while agitating the Hakurei faithful into resistance, Yukari may be able to convince the separatist elements to simply stage a coup."

"A.... coup?"

Breaking the silence Wriggle stammers that out with disbelief, wide eyed she stares at you paling and even shaking slightly.

"You're kidding right? I mean, we're just one ship! That's the entire Empire you're talking about here, there's no way we can pull this off! We're not strong enough Captain; I know you're brave but... I'm not!"
Her high little voice sounds weak and trembles as she tries to control herself.
“I’m scared alright; scared I might lose my life or see the people around me hurt. We're just so tiny and everyone else is so big...."
Speaking in barely above a whisper Wriggle trails off at the end looking away from you, almost on the verge of tears.
"You've lost your nerve?"
Grabbing the tiny girl by the front of her uniform Marisa yells that in her face, defiantly Wriggle knocks Marisa's hand away with her own shrill cry.
"Yes I have! Maybe you're too crazy to notice but there are two entire nations after us! We've barely scraped past every time, how long do you think our luck can last? And do you really think any body will listen to us? We're nothing to them! You're only one man!"

"......"

A deathly silence befalls the cramped and crowded map room, all are hushed by Wriggle's outburst, who stands shaking and tearing up unable to say anymore. You can tell she's trembling a lot now, even though you've since turned your back to her, the only sound you can hear is her ragged breathing as if everyone else in the room was too taken back to speak.

Her words echo in your head.

"You're only one man."

Repeating over and over within the vaults of your mind.

"Only one man."

Setting a fire somewhere deep inside of you.

"One man."

That threatens to burst from your chest.

"One man."

Making your vision waver as your thoughts cloud over with red.

"Can make all the difference."

Muttering that under your breath, you take control of that fire. Let it drive you rather than consume you, let that passion be a good thing.

"WRIGGLE!"

With a thundering boom filled with command you turn upon the doubter, with a sweep of your jacket you leap upon the map table as Cirno did much earlier and from your high vantage point raise one finger to Wriggle, who stands blinking from the halo of light behind you.

"Remember only this, the captain know as the lady killer of the sky never does things small and he never backs down! The right man in the right place can prove the undoing of any tyrant, I am that man! Didn't we just fight our way through one nation already to steal their prize? So I feel like doubling the stakes! Every time my mettle has been tested the foe I've always bested! Don't doubt my power girl! If we are beset on all sides by the dark storm clouds, I'll grab the very thunder itself and hurl it back at them tenfold!"

Your face splits into a sharp toothed grin.

"WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?"
>> No. 8225
You've always wanted to say that.

"C-captain!"

Awe has flooded across the slight girls features that are flooded with tears; she doesn't even try to wipe them away but looks at you in anguish.

"I'm sorry! I'm just so scared!"
"It's okay Wriggle,"
Hopping down from the table once more and ignoring the assembled crowd, she flies into your chest where you embrace her tenderly as she buries her head in shame.

"It's okay if you don't believe in me Wriggle; I have more than enough faith for both of us. As long as you think you want to stay by my side, it's okay. So it doesn't matter what you say, I don't mind."
A pair of emerald eyes sore and red from weeping peer up at you from within your arms, confusion clearly in her eyes behind the regret.

"Because I believe in you."

Another flood of fresh tears well up from her and she hides her face away again mumbling "I'm sorry" over and over into the folds of your clothes, you can feel her words vibrate in your chest and her hot breath on your skin. Right now she seems so vulnerable that you don't want to let go of her, not just yet. That does mean concluding this meeting as you are however, looking up from Wriggle for a moment you notice the collective disapproving stares of most of the crew minus one or two. Probably best to act natural.

"Well, I suppose we have a goal then everyone. Even if it is a distant, crazy, impossible one."
You try a little joke to smooth the atmosphere.
"No change there then eh?"
It does not go down well, still if they're able to feel jealous of the girl wrapped in your embrace they're certainly not dwelling on anything else and gods know you're glad no one's arguing over ideology now.
"Alice! Marisa!"
Changing to a commanding tone once more proves a little difficult as you are, but you reckon you pulled it off well as the two of them sullenly snap to attention.
"Sir?"
"Give Mystia the co-ordinates of that Eientei port; we're still in desperate need of repairs and supplies. We can't afford to waste anymore time with debate, how long will it take us to arrive?"
There's a quick and furtive discussion between the navigators and the helmswoman.
"Around fifty two hours, captain."
"Get us there in forty two; I do not want to encounter any one in the open sky in this state."
In your arms Wriggle gives a deep sigh before disengaging you, stepping back she avoids looking at you. At the door it seems Marisa, Alice and Mystia have hesitated so you shoot them a glare.
"I thought I just gave an order, didn't I?"
"Sir!"
The trio jump to it, not without another envious look shot your way though, leaving the rest of the crew sitting silently watching you. God, you feel awkward.

"The rest of you are dismissed!"

Snapping out of whatever it was that made them stare at you so the crew become animated once more, talking and banding together as if nothing had just passed before them at all. Slowly they file out the room together, you think you heard Reimu inviting Wriggle back to her quarters as they do, leaving you alone at last.

Carefully you check if anyone remains, you hardly want Rinnosuke sneaking up on you now of all time, then close the heavy bulk head door. Isolated from the crew at last you slump heavily into your chair once more, you’re hardly going to have five minutes before you’re going to be needed again but already you’re exhausted mentally. It wouldn’t be a good idea for the rest of them to see you like this, there’s enough doubt going around as it is so you have to project an aura of confidence to give them something to cling to. Thoughts buzz unpleasantly in your brain battering your will, you’ll be glad to make port soon so you can rest and recover both the ship and yourself. Allowing yourself to go limp you rest your head on the table to sift through your thoughts.

The crew’s moral has taken a hit, things started off well enough but it seems there’s some unrest lurking just below the surface that’s starting to bubble up fraying tempers and sapping will, you understand it’s not directed at you but that just makes you even more mad. If it was your fault you could take action against it without hesitation, but this kind of problem is nebulous like a dark mist that seeps into the ship and drains moral. Fine speeches and powerful words can only patch up the damage that’s been done, the crew feel listless and confused now they’ve been exiled, they’ve got nothing to hold onto right now. That’s why Wriggle was frightened to extent she was, her home has spurned her and the only things she has left, the ship and it’s crew, are being sent into the gaping maw of danger. She just doesn’t want to loose everything.

Now, more than ever, it’s important for the crew to stick together.

“Captain,”
The intercom sputters into life with the sound of Mystia’s lyrical voice, but even her cheerful tone is slightly subdued.
“Your presence is requested on the bridge sir.”
“I’m coming….”
You mutter that out even though she can’t hear you, no two way in this room, and grudgingly get back up. Setting a hand on the door you pause for a second, a moment to mentally compose yourself and shrug off this funk that’s following you around. Positive thinking is for the weak willed, rather you simply accept the fact that your in a bad situation and allow it to wash through you without a trace. You’ll win in the end, there’s no doubt in your mind of that, you just have to decide how you’re going to win this time. Simple.

With that in mind you step out into the corridor, heading off to the bridge with a confident skip in your step.
>> No. 8226
There, this sequence is done. We'll return to the main game soon enough, I should have the internet in about 10 days or so.
>> No. 8227
Hooray!
>> No. 8229
>>8226

Fucking finally, for both things.
>> No. 8230
>>8226
>I should have the internet in about 10 days or so.
Sweet. Can you send me a copy?
>> No. 8233
>>8226

Marking my calendar.
>> No. 8245
>>8226
Jesus, where do you live.
I get internet for 10 euro a month here without problems.
>> No. 8259
>>8245
Ha ha, you only rent the internet.
>> No. 8326
>>8245

It's about the same in britfagstan though it wouldn't be a very good service for that much.