[Return]
Archived Thread

File 121658064149.jpg - (78.80KB , 682x657 , afddcc20.jpg ) [iqdb]
6773 No. 6773
This one actually was tough to write. Creative interpretation and all that jazz.

And to address the speculation about a Yukari route, it certainly is possible. Hardo modo, but possible. In fact, most routes are possible.

___________

[ ] "Valhalla holds no regrets, only glory. I strive for the same."


For once you're the one struggling to find words. How many times have you not tied the tongues of men with clever words and skillful story? Ironic that you would find yourself in the same position.

Then the alcohol kicks in, giving you inspiration. Wisdom is born in your mind, as if gifted by the Allfather's song-mead.

"Valhalla holds no regrets, only glory. I strive for the same." You don't know where these words come from, but they feel right. "Were I to abandon my honour, I would wander with heavy heart. Daggers of doubt and rending regret break men beneath their weight."

"Honour..." Alice slowly and softly pronounces the word.

"Honour is highest among virtues. Without it a man is nothing. I cannot...I will not let mine remain stained."

Alice's voice is soft, her face melancholy "You would do that for your honour? Even if honour hurts you? Even if it breaks you spirit and steals your life?"

"In the twilight days of the world even the gods will die. All things end, Alice."

"I...see." Alice gives you a small, sad smile. "That sounds like something that you would say." She falls silent. You can't think of anything else to say.

"H-hey. Why're you two getting all mushy on me -ze?!" The silence around the table is suddenly shattered by Marisa's protest. She glares at you both. "You're too stiff! I was trying to get smashed here when you ruined the mood."

Alice blushes and looks down. "Oh..." Her voice trails off. This is getting uncomfortable. What should you do?


[ ] This is pathetic. Be a man and drink Marisa under the table.

[ ] Remain silent.

[ ] You need a moment to collect your thoughts. Excuse yourself and go outside.

>> No. 6774
[ ] This is pathetic. Be a man and drink Marisa under the table.
>> No. 6775
[] This is pathetic. Be a man and drink Marisa under the table.

But not in a mean way.
>> No. 6776
[X] This is pathetic. Be a man and drink Marisa under the table.

>>I was trying to get smashed here

Let us fulfill Marisas wish and get everyone drunk. Remember what happened over at *Scorn*s with Marisa and Reimu? And Sigurd should be able to take more ale than David.
>> No. 6777
[] This is pathetic. Be a man and drink Marisa under the table.
>> No. 6778
[ ] Remain silent.
>> No. 6779
[ ] This is pathetic. Be a man and drink Marisa under the table.
>> No. 6780
[X] This is pathetic. Be a man and drink Marisa under the table.

I believe in the viking style of problem solving.

AXE, ALCOHOL, OR FIRE.
>> No. 6781
[X] This is pathetic. Be a man and drink Marisa under the table. Politely.
>> No. 6782
[X] This is pathetic. Be a man and drink Marisa under the table.

Booze for the booze god! Bottles for the glass throne!
>> No. 6785
{X} This is pathetic. Be a man and drink Marisa under the table. Politely.
>> No. 6786
[x] This is pathetic. Be a man and drink Marisa under the table. Politely.
>> No. 6787
[x] This is pathetic. Be a man and drink Marisa under the table.

lol i bet it will be Marisa who drinks us under the table.
>> No. 6788
[X] You need a moment to collect your thoughts. Excuse yourself and go outside.

No one else think this choice might actually advance some part of the story and not just be a trigger to start the next day?
>> No. 6789
[x] This is pathetic. Be a man and drink that little girl under the table.
>> No. 6790
>>6788
I doubt it would just start the next day, but vikings are meant to drink. Going out to collect your thoughts is for sissies!
>> No. 6791
[] This is pathetic. Be a man and drink Marisa under the table.

Please don't tell me I'm the only one who thought "Impromptu H-scene?" for a second.
>> No. 6792
>Please don't tell me I'm the only one who thought "Impromptu H-scene?" for a second.

I had to read that several times because that was the ONLY thing I could think when I read it.

[x] This is pathetic. Be a man and drink Marisa's love juices under the table.

And I can't stop.
>> No. 6805
[X] You need a moment to collect your thoughts. Excuse yourself and go outside. Then come back inside and
[X] Be a man and drink Marisa under the table.
>> No. 6807
[ ] This is pathetic. Be a man and drink Marisa under the table.


Marisa's right. There's only one thing to do. You open another can of beer and drain it in an instant. Then another. And another. When you move to start on the fourth, Alice and Marisa both stare at you in puzzlement and wonder. You calmly look back at the uneven pair. Different as night and day, yet so similar. You shake your head at your silly musings, evoking further questioning looks.

"Who looks not forward to learn his fate, unburdened heart will bear." Your deep voice booms with mirth and you grin widely at the girls. "Drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may be dead!"

"All right! That's my Sigurd-ze!" Marisa bounces up and grabs a pair of beers. She tosses one can to Alice "Bet'cha can't keep up, doll girl." Marisa's grins wickedly and starts chugging down her beer.

Alice looks blankly at the can for a moment. Then her eyes focus and she lifts her head "Oh? Are you by any chance challenging your betters?" Rising to the challenge she answers Marisa's grin with one of her own.

"While there is ale I shall not rest." Not to be outdone by the women you declare a mighty oath "This night I shall drink, like the thunderlord himself once did in the halls of the lord of Utgard."

Marisa whistles "You're on Viking boy." Alice rolls her eyes and chuckles softly. Do they disbelive your prowess? Then you shall show them their error. The can of ale in your hand is drained and cast aside. You grab the next and crack it open. "Have you not heard the tale? Once in the days of yore, Thor stormlord and Loki lie-smith traveled to the crafty giant's hall..."

You tell the tale of Thor's jorney to Utgard while Marisa makes an heroic effort to keep up with your prodigous drinking. Alice, on the other hand, seems to be more interested in the story itself than in the ale. As your tale finishes Alice's eyes light up "A most fascinating story. Maybe I should make dolls for a puppet show?"

Marisa finishes another beer, obviously one out of a few too many. "Ye'z good at dhis Schigurd" Marisa wobbles quite a bit in her seat. "Pro'bly as good ash Suika, ain't he?"

"Oh ho, Marisa is druuunk~." Alice points at Marisa while giggling like a little girl "Am noth drunk," Marisa protests "Juscht abit tipshy -ze." Then she unceremoniously falls off her chair, landing on the floor with a loud crash. You look to Alice for guidance, somewhat unsure of what to do. She merely smiles at your concerned look.

"Oh, she's fine. She's had worse." Alice rises and attempts to move to Marisa's side. She has little success. Shanghai, nearly forgotten until now, floats up and tries to support Alice as the dollmaker staggers over to the fallen witch. "Oh my..." Alice sways as she struggles to keep upright. You rise and offer to help her.

"Thanks, Sigurd. You're really sweet, you know." A second after she speaks the words Alice suddenly blushes and turns away her head. She mumbles something you can't quite hear.

"A-anyway, I'll take care of Marisa. You use the guest bedroom, all right?" Alice motions for you to leave. Unwilling to embarass your hosts further you bid Alice good night and walk out of the room. You sneak a glance inside as you turn around the corner and see Alice kicking Marisa in the ribs, to no apparent effect. You can make out a litany of threats and curses all the way through the hall as you navigate back to your quarters.

As you close the door behind you a wave of fatigue suddenly strikes. Your battered body and mead-addled mind scream for rest. Not even stopping to undress you slump down on the bed and fall asleep, drifting off into the realm of dreams.


[ ] Dream of fire and iron.

[ ] Dream of earth and blood.

[ ] Dream of shadow and stars.
>> No. 6808
[X] Dream of fire and iron.
Sounds fun.
>> No. 6809
[ ] Dream of earth and blood.

There's Iron in blood, its like 2 options in one!
>> No. 6810
[x] Dream of shadow and stars.
>> No. 6811
[ ] Dream of fire and iron.

UNLIMITED VIKING WORKS
>> No. 6812
[X] Dream of fire and iron.
>> No. 6813
>Shanghai, nearly forgotten until now, floats up and tries to support Alice as the dollmaker staggers over to the fallen witch.

I died.

>You sneak a glance inside as you turn around the corner and see Alice kicking Marisa in the ribs, to no apparent effect. You can make out a litany of threats and curses all the way through the hall as you navigate back to your quarters.

so tsuntsun

[X] Dream of blood and thunder.

SPLIT YOUR LUNGS
>> No. 6814
[x] Dream of fire and iron.

So i pray
>> No. 6815
[X] Dream of fire and iron.

So far away...
>> No. 6816
[X] Dream of fire and iron.
>> No. 6817
[X] Dream of fire and iron.

The other day I realized it was a song about Dungeons and Dragons, and I just wanted to kill myself.
>> No. 6818
Fire and Iron won. Writing now.
>> No. 6819
Last one for tonight.

___________

[ ] Dream of fire and iron.


You float through a blurred haze, as if you hovered above a great fire. You think you can make out something outside, something dark and intimidating. Then you feel a gentle tug, like you're pulled by invisible strings...like a puppet. Puppets? Alice? No, not her...it's...

*shift* *focus* *clarity*

Your fury burns bright as you stalk through a snow-covered village. In your arms you're carrying a small package wrapped in cloth. What is inside you do not know, only that it is more important to you than anything else. The object of your anger waits for you before a large house, a small, musculous man with black hair and hard eyes.

The man scowls as you, his mouth forms words you cannot hear. You shout something at him and thrust the package into his hands. He turns and walks through the door, beckoning you to follow. A ruddy glow and fierce heat meet you as you enter.

The man walks over to the forge nestled in the corner of the house. He unwraps the package and starts picking up shards of metal from within. The metal evokes a strange feeling in you, almost as if you suddenly met an old friend. You watch intently as the shards are put into the forge and the man begins his work.

It feels as if hours pass as the man labours at the forge. The ring of metal stings your ears and waves of heat blast you. The forge burns so brightly that your eyes hurt, yet you cannot turn away. Fire and iron are your world now. Nothing else.

The man mutters secret words over the shards. He coaxes the metal, restoring it to its proper form and function. A mighty blade takes shape before your eyes, death and fury bound into glowing steel. At last the man in satisfied with his work. He quenches the blade, sending hissing steam towards the heavens. He sets the blade into the handle, fastens it skillfully, then hands the weapon to you. You grip the hilt of the blade testing its balance and lenght. Somehow you know that you've done this before and faced disappointment. Your anger finds renewed vitality, its fierce heat eclipsing even the flames of the forge.

You lift the blade high, firelight glittering and refracting from the blade's edge. The air itself wails as you bring the sword down on the anvil. The ring of metal against metal is like nothing you've heard before as the impossibly keen edge cleaves the anvil in two. Your heart skips a beat and you jump awake.

Birdsong and the first light from Skinfaxi's mane greet you. Your heart still pounds like a drum, but the harmonious sounds and a few deep breaths calm you down and slow your racing heartbeat. Then, striking at the worst possible moment, hangover ambushes you with a sudden, sharp pain. It feels like the giants of J├Âtunheim are taking turns dancing on your head.


[ ] Get up and go find something to eat.

[ ] Get up and go outside to clear your head.

[ ] Go back to sleep, you feel like shit.
>> No. 6820
[ ] Get up and go outside to clear your head.
Greet the day before you eat
>> No. 6821
[X] Get up and go find something to eat.
>> No. 6822
[X] Get up and go outside to clear your head.
>> No. 6823
[x] Get up and go outside to clear your head.
>> No. 6824
[+] Get up and go outside to clear your head.
[+] Go get some water to drink.
Best way to help a hangover.
>> No. 6825
[X] Get up and go outside to clear your head.
[X] Go get some water to drink.
>> No. 6826
>>6819

[x] Get up and go find something to drink.

Hair of the dog.
>> No. 6827
[X] Get up and go outside to clear your head.
[X] Go get some water to drink.

System flushan gaems.
>> No. 6828
{X} Get up and go outside to clear your head.
{X} Go get some water to drink.
>> No. 6829
{X} Get up and go outside to clear your head.
{X} Go get some water to drink.
>> No. 6831
[X] Get up and go outside to clear your head.
[X] Go get some water to drink.
>> No. 6832
[x] Get up and go outside to clear your head.
[x] Go get some water to drink.
>> No. 6833
Writing now.
>> No. 6834
>>6833
Hooray!
>> No. 6835
[ ] Get up and go outside to clear your head.

[ ] Go get some water to drink.


Lying here isn't going to make things better. You slowly drag yourself out of the bed ignoring the spears of dull pain stabbing the inside of your skull. Only one thing is clear, you need water. Lots of it.

While your mind has set the course, your intoxicated body doesn't seem willing to cooperate. For several unsteady minutes you shamble down to the kitchen, fighting dizziness and nausea every step of the way.
Finally, mercifully, you arrive at the kitchen door. You can feel the physical exertion clear your head somewhat. Or at least the world stops blurring. With renewed clarity and confidence you stride into the kitchen.

The mess greeting you must be exceptional, even compared to the rest of Marisa's house. Dirty plates still on the table, unwashed cooking utensils lying in the sink and a veritable mountain of empty beer cans work in concert with the omnipresent junk littering the house to create what must be the messiest room ever. Somehow you feel a bit impressed. But all that is irrelevant compared to the necessity of some water. You move over to the kitchen proper and hunt around for a glass or mug.

As you finally find a glass your headache decides to remind you of its existence. Muttering a few well-chosen curses you quickly fill the glass and drink. The water eases the pain in your parched throat and the pounding inside your skull. Feeling refreshed you drink another glass. Maybe some fresh air would help as well? You decide to go outside. As an afterthought you grab a big wooden bowl and fill it with cold water. You lift up the bowl and head for the front door.

Sunlight assaults your eyes as you step outside, causing your headache to flare up again. You sit down in front of the porch and set down your burden on the carpet of grass. Cupping your hands you dip them in the bowl and splash your face with water. The last vestiges of drunkenness are quickly washed away by the cool liquid. You vigorously shake your head, sending a thousand droplets scattering in all directions.

As you sober up you slowly begin to appreciate the true glory of this morning. Rays of light dance through the treetops, casting long shadows over the forest glade. Birdsong echoes and mixes with the rustling of leaves in the mild breeze. You watch the sea of green. Its majestic calm somehow reminds of the fierce beauty of your homeland.


[ ] Get up and go back inside. Enough lazing about.

[ ] Kick back and relax. Moments like this are meant to be treasured.

[ ] Call to Odin for a sign.
>> No. 6836
[x] Get up and go back inside. Enough lazing about.
[x] Find what became of your hosts.
>> No. 6837
[X] Exercise. A Viking must not get rusty in all aspects of his life, even if he just had a hangover.
>> No. 6838
[X] Exercise. A Viking must not get rusty in all aspects of his life, even if he just had a hangover.

Give them a free show as well if they find us missing.
>> No. 6839
[x] Exercise. A Viking must not get rusty in all aspects of his life, even if he just had a hangover.

Okay.
>> No. 6840
[X] Exercise. A Viking must not get rusty in all aspects of his life, even if he just had a hangover. Naked of course.
>> No. 6841
[X] Exercise. A Viking must not get rusty in all aspects of his life, even if he just had a hangover.
>> No. 6842
[x] Exercise. A Viking must not get rusty in all aspects of his life, even if he just had a hangover.
>> No. 6843
[X] Exercise. A Viking must not get rusty in all aspects of his life, even if he just had a hangover.
>> No. 6844
[X] Exercise. A Viking must not get rusty in all aspects of his life, even if he just had a hangover.

This sounds like a good idea. We are manly. Besides, Odin will send us a sign if one is needed... I think.
>> No. 6845
[X] Exercise. A Viking must not get rusty in all aspects of his life, even if he just had a hangover. While calling Odin.
>> No. 6846
Updates?
>> No. 6847
[X] Exercise. A Viking must not get rusty in all aspects of his life, even if he just had a hangover. Naked, of course.
>> No. 6848
Writing now.
>> No. 6849
[ ] Exercise. A Viking must not get rusty in all aspects of his life, even if he just had a hangover.


Suddenly you feel energetic. The sons of Odin are men af action, and action there will be. You decide to exercise a bit. Can't allow yourself to get complacent, and it should flush out any hidden remnants of hangover.

Now that you think about it your body feels a bit stiff. You roll your shoulders to ease them up and take a look around the clearing. As far as you can see, you have few options for excercising. What should you do?


[ ] Run a few laps around the clearing.

[ ] Get your weapons and practise your bladework.

[ ] Go and topple a tree with your bare hands.
>> No. 6850
>[ ] Go and topple a tree with your bare hands.

I want to do it. I want to so bad ;_;

But [x] Run a few laps around the clearing.
>> No. 6851
[ ] Get your weapons and practise your bladework.

As much as toppling the tree would be epic, we would be destined to fail. Unfortunately, that technically makes it epic fail.
>> No. 6853
[ ] Get your weapons and practise your bladework.
>> No. 6854
[+] Run a few laps around the clearing, then get your weapons and practice your bladework.
>> No. 6855
[x] Go and topple a tree with your bare hands.

Resistance training.
>> No. 6856
[Z] Run a few laps around the clearing, then get your weapons and practice your bladework.
>> No. 6857
[ ] Run a few laps around the clearing, then get your weapons and practice your bladework.

Best of both worlds?
>> No. 6858
[x] Run a few laps around the clearing, then get your weapons and practice your bladework.
>> No. 6859
[x] Run a few laps around the clearing, then get your weapons and practice your bladework.
>> No. 6860
[ ] Run a few laps around the clearing, then get your weapons and practice your bladework.
>> No. 6861
[x] Run a few laps around the clearing, then get your weapons and practice your bladework.
>> No. 6862
[x] Run a few laps around the clearing, then get your weapons and practice your bladework.

Or we could run laps while practicing our bladework! What could possibly go wrong?
>> No. 6863
Writing now.
>> No. 6864
Gah, my memory fails me again. Anyway, still writing.
>> No. 6865
>>6863
8/10

Creative, and acts as its own veil. The sense of dread that comes with the realization is top-notch, but would be better placed in a more popular story, or just past a cliffhanger.
>> No. 6866
>>6865

Or not. Disregard, cocks, etc.
>> No. 6867
Is this some Unlimited Blade works?
>> No. 6868
>>6867
The update is the post of a thousand faces. It will run on all systems, and pick its own plotton.
>> No. 6869
Last one for tonight.

__________

[ ] Run a few laps around the clearing, then get your weapons and practice your bladework.


Maybe running would be good? Not that you have too many options anyway. You pull off your shirt and throw it on the porch. No need to get a perfectly usable garment sweaty after all.

You stretch your legs to ease up your muscles and set off in an steady jog towards the far side of the clearing. The run is uneventful and the exercise feels refreshing.You finish one lap and set out for a second.

Curiously you're not even winded as you complete your second lap around the clearing. In fact your limbs feel lighter than ever before. You try to increase your speed, and to your surprise it is almost effortless. Before long you've reached the other side of the clearing. Deciding to test your limits you head off in a full-speed dash from the far side of the forest glade. Your muscles strain as you cover ground far faster than you should be able to, moving like an incarnation of the savage north wind. In nearly no time you're back at the house. Winded by the running you sit down on the porch and catch your breath while a strong suspicion forms in your mind.

Deciding to test your hunch you fetch your weapons and begin practising. Your axe sings a grim dirge for your imaginary foes as it whistles through the air. The steel edge weaves a web of destruction, again far faster than it should. You wield the battleaxe as if it were a mere dagger, dispatching a dozen imaginary opponents in little more than a minute. Then you stop. There is something you must try. Choosing a suitable tree about ten yards away you draw back your right arm and hurl your axe at your chosen target. It impacts with a loud crack, the entire axeblade sinking into the tree trunk. A flock of birds startled by the impact take wing from the treetop.

You stare at your weapon in disbelief. Something clearly is amiss. You certainly weren't this fast or strong before you came to Gensokyo. A dozen explanations come to mind as you retrieve your axe. Magic? A blessing from the Allfather? Maybe Gensokyo itself somehow grants you power? Maybe you should ask Alice or Marisa about this? You ponder the implications of each theory. Maybe you're overthinking this? Should you really look a gift horse in the mouth?

You clear your head of doubts and continue your bladework. For several minutes you practise feints and dodges. You smash in the face of an imagined foe with your shield. You land killing blows and disarming strikes against enemies conjured in your mind. After a grueling series of exercises you feel satisfied with your diligence. Wiping sweat from your brow you head back towards the front door. Stopping only to pick up your shirt you walk inside and stash away your weapons.


[ ] Make breakfast. You're hungry.

[ ] Have a bath. You're sweaty.

[ ] Find Alice and Marisa. You need to talk.

[ ] Do something else (Write-in)
>> No. 6870
[ ] Make breakfast for everyone. You're hungry, and they might be too.

Besides, cooking in large portions is easier.
>> No. 6871
[ ] Make breakfast for everyone. You're hungry, and they might be too.
>> No. 6872
[Z] Make breakfast. You're hungry.
>> No. 6873
[+] Have a bath. You're sweaty.
[+] Make breakfast. You're hungry.
In that order.

It's the way of Gensokyo to accept things as they come, rather than ask all kinds of silly questions. If we're suddenly mighty enough to fell a monstrous bear, praise Odin and ask no further questions.
>> No. 6874
[x] Make breakfast for everyone. You're hungry, and they might be too.

Breakfast, you can never be manly enough to make it. But i wonder if he even knows how to cook.
>> No. 6875
[x] Make breakfast for everyone. You're hungry, and they might be too.
>> No. 6877
[ x ] Make breakfast for everyone. You're hungry, and they might be too.

BEAR MEAT AND EGGS
>> No. 6878
[x] Have a bath. You're sweaty.
[X] Make breakfast for everyone. You're hungry, and they might be too.
>> No. 6879
[x] Have a bath. You're sweaty.
[X] Make breakfast for everyone. You're hungry, and they might be too.
>> No. 6880
[X] Make breakfast for everyone. You're hungry, and they might be too.

Viking omelets for everybody!
>> No. 6881
[x] Have a bath. You're sweaty.
[X] Make breakfast for everyone. You're hungry, and they might be too.
[x] Talk over breakfast.
>> No. 6882
[x] Have a bath. You're sweaty.
[x] Make breakfast for everyone. You're hungry, and they might be too.
>> No. 6883
[x] Have a bath. You're sweaty.
[x] Make breakfast for everyone. You're hungry, and they might be too.

Bath first, don't stink up the damn kitchen.
>> No. 6884
[X]Kick a hole in the side of the wall as you head for the bath. Whilst in the bath, Cook eggs on your abs.
>> No. 6885
[ ] Have a bath. You're sweaty.
[ ] Make breakfast for everyone. You're hungry, and they might be too.


Now that you think about it, you are quite sweaty from the exercise. You should take a bath. Heading through the familiar corridor you stop at the bathroom door. Maybe it would be prudent to knock? You do so, but recieve no response. Entering the bathroom, you find out that it's indeed empty. You open the tap and wait for the water to fill the tub. Once again the hot water feels refreshing. Waking up in Gensokyo might not have been that bad after all.

Then it is time for food. After you've dired yourself off you dress and head to the kitchen. It is just as messy as you remember. Evidently neither Alice nor Marisa have awakened yet. Then again, even if Marisa would have she probably wouldn't clean up anyway. You search through the cupboards checking what ingredients you have to work with. Unsurprisingly there are a lot of strange mushrooms, but you also find a bit of leftover meat, some eggs and a few vegetables. A variety of strange spices also lie in a small cupboard, along with odd leaves of some sort. You clean up a table to get some working space and light a fire in the stove. Though it's messy Marisa's kitchen is well-equipped with cooking utensils. On the other hand, with all of the junk she has lying around it would have to be. It shouldn't be a problem to find everything you'll need.

With everything set you only have to satrt cooking. Only one question remains, what exactly will you make?

[ ] Fried eggs and meat.

[ ] Mushroom omelette.

[ ] Meat omelette.

[ ] Just use a little of this and a little of that and add lots of mushrooms-ze.

[ ] Something else (specify)
>> No. 6886
[x] Fried eggs and meat.
>> No. 6887
[ ] Fried eggs and meat.
>> No. 6888
[X] Mushroom & Swiss Viking Burgers.
>> No. 6889
[x] Mushroom omelette.

yummy
>> No. 6890
>Waking up in Gensokyo might not have been that bad after all.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
[ ] Fried eggs and BEAR MEAT.
>> No. 6891
[X]Raw eggs and Raw Bear meat.
>> No. 6892
[ ] Fried eggs and BEAR MEAT.
>> No. 6893
>a bit of leftover meat

...why isn't it a small mountain? a bear is a lot of meat.

also, the cupboard isn't refrigerated, so yeah.
>> No. 6894
>>6893
A wizard did it.

[X] Just use a little of this and a little of that and add lots of mushrooms-ze.
>> No. 6895
>>6888
[X] Mushroom & Swiss Viking Bear Burgers, that is.
Eggs optional.
>> No. 6896
>Waking up in Gensokyo might not have been that bad after all.

GM WHERE ARE YOU??? You let us down again.
>> No. 6897
>>[ ] Something else: Porcini frittata
>>Soak porcini mushrooms (1/2 oz.) One egg with cheese, mixed well. Add more eggs (5), mix lightly with spices (parsely, salt, and pepper). Heat skillet with oil and cook some onions. Add more oil and add some sliced small white mushrooms. Drain porcini and chop if large. Add porcini to skillet and cook for 120 seconds. Gently transfer mushrooms and onions to egg mixture. Clean skillet, add more oil, and heat gently. Add mixture and cook over low heat until browned on bottom and set on top. Sprinkle on cheese to melt, then transfer to plate. Use skillet to saute fresh wild mushrooms. Sprinkle sauted mushrooms on frittata. Serve.
Yeah, I bought an egg cook book because of WuiG. Despair.
>> No. 6898
[x] Fried eggs and meat.

As much as I like mushrooms, does Sigurd know which kinds of mushrooms are for eating?
>> No. 6899
>>6898
Vikings aren't afraid of things like poison or the runs!
>> No. 6903
>>6898

Sure. If we're talking north european mushrooms that is.

Also writing.
>> No. 6904
>>6903

Where's the update?
>> No. 6905
>>6904

Right here. Unfortunately I got absconded before I could finish writing this morning.

_____

[ ] Fried eggs and meat.


Maybe you should just keep this simple. Some eggs and meat would be nice. You hunt around for a suitable pan and place it on the stove. As you wait for it to heat, you marvel at the ingenious design of the stove. It reminds you of the marvelous contraptions of the greeks you've seen in Miklagard. In any case, the principle is the same as the more primitive devices you're used to. You produce a few eggs and cut up the meat into thin slices. You pour a bit of vegetable oil in the pan, crack open the eggs and fry them. Adding the meat you quickly cook up a hearty breakfast. Among the spices you find some salt and pepper and other familiar and unfamiliar herbs. You sprinkle salt on the eggs and a bit of pepper and other spices on the meat, then serve the food on three platters.

A delicious smell permeates the kitchen as you finish cooking.You feel triumphant as you clean up the dining table and set out the platters. There's only one problem. You've cooked for three, but the girls are nowhere in sight. Might they still be sleeping?

[ ] Can't allow your hard work to go to waste. Go and wake them up.

[ ] You shouldn't be rude. They'll wake up eventually.
>> No. 6906
[ ] Can't allow your hard work to go to waste. Go and wake them up.
>> No. 6907
[ ] Can't allow your hard work to go to waste. Go and wake them up.
>> No. 6908
[X] Can't allow your hard work to go to waste. Go and wake them up.

Because we'll probably end up seeing something good.
>> No. 6909
[ ] Can't allow your hard work to go to waste. Go and wake them up.
>> No. 6910
[X] Can't allow your hard work to go to waste. Go and wake them up.
>> No. 6911
[X] Can't allow your hard work to go to waste. Go and wake them up.
>> No. 6912
[X] Can't allow your hard work to go to waste. Go and wake them up.
>> No. 6913
[X] Can't allow your hard work to go to waste. Go and wake them up.
>> No. 6915
Writing now.
>> No. 6916
File 121703256672.jpg - (137.76KB , 457x672 , 24ca0411.jpg ) [iqdb]
6916
[ ] Can't allow your hard work to go to waste. Go and wake them up.


Well, this won't do. What is the purpose of cooking breakfast for your hosts if they can't eat it?

"Alice? Marisa?" You call out into the hallway. No response. No choice then, you'll just have to find the girls.

You begin a thorough search of the house, calling out for Alice and Marisa at regular intervals. You check every room on the ground floor, yet no sign of either girl. Upstairs then. As you reach the top of the stairs you hear a door opening. "Sigurd, is that you?" You recognize Alice's voice, and follow it to find the puppetmaker herself with Shanghai sitting on her shoulder. She looks slightly under the weather, yet she shows no other outward signs of hangover. Maybe it's because she is a youkai?

"Fair morning to you Alice." You greet her with a smile and inform her that you've made breakfast.

"How considerate of you. Thank you Sigurd." She smiles warmly and adds "I suppose we should wake Marisa as well." You agree to her suggestion, even though Alice's smile went from warm to wicked a bit too fast there.

"I dumped Marisa in her bedroom last night. Come with me and I'll show you the way." Alice takes the lead and brings you to an unassuming door at the end of the hallway. She opens it and motions for you to enter.

Inside the room you find Marisa sprawled all over a large bed. She's sleping in her dress and snoring softly while hugging a pillow. You move to the side of Marisa's bed and cross your arms in front of you. Staring down at the sleeping witch you somehow feel unwilling to disturb such an adorable scene, but it can't be avoided. You reflect on the cruelty of uncaring fate for a moment, then turn back to the task at hand.

"Awaken, O dark witch. The mantle of night has parted, and time of rest is past." Your voice causes Marisa to wake up with a start. She blinks a few times and turns her gaze to you.

"Eeehh?" You suspect that Marisa tries to glare at you, but she's obviously still too sleepy to properly form a good scowl. "Don'cha know that I beat up uncouth louts who wake me early -ze?" She shakes her fist at you and pouts.

"Yet no battle has been won while the warriors rest in bed." You've got her now. You elegantly move in for the finishing blow. "Were she to wield mighty magic to cruelly chastise this uncouth lout, the wild witch must first waken." Your reasoning is flawless and catches her completely off guard. Marisa manages to look surprised for a moment, then her head sinks back down and she pulls a pillow over her head. Alice hides a small smile behind her hand at Marisa's reaction.

"Don' wanna. Sleepy..." Marisa mumbles protests into her pillow. Somehow it is terribly endearing, but you will not relent. "The night is time for sleep, the day is time for deeds. Awaken."

"All right, all right. I'll get up." Marisa drags herself out of bed and dons her pointy hat. "No rest for the wicked, eh?" Alice smiles innocently as Marisa gives her a venomous stare. "Well then, shall we go?" With that Alice strides out of the bedroom. Shanghai waves for you to follow and floats after Alice.

Alice takes the lead as the tree of you head to the kitchen. You enter the dining room after Alice and Marisa grumpily follows the two of you. Even though she tries to maintain her surly face, you can see that Marisa perks up as she notices the food. She takes the closest seat and begins wolfing down the eggs and meat. Alice and you join her and waste no time in digging in. Tasty. You mentally congratulate yourself for a job well done.

Then a thought occurs to you. Maybe now would be a good time to talk with Marisa and Alice?


[ ] Tell the girls about these strange powers you've gained.

[ ] Tell the girls about the strange dreams you've been having.

[ ] Ask about the local tailors. You want a bearskin cloak.

[ ] Ask about something else (specify)

[ ] No need for talking. Just enjoy your meal.
>> No. 6917
[Z] Ask about the local tailors. You want a bearskin cloak. Priorities.
>> No. 6918
[ ] Ask about the local tailors. You want a bearskin cloak.
>> No. 6919
[ ] Tell the girls about these strange powers you've gained.

[ ] Ask about the local tailors. You want a bearskin cloak.

[ ] Invite the girls to breakfast
>> No. 6920
[ ] Tell the girls about these strange powers you've gained.

[ ] Ask about the local tailors. You want a bearskin cloak.
>> No. 6921
[ ] Tell the girls about these strange powers you've gained.
[ ] Ask about the local tailors. You want a bearskin cloak.
>> No. 6922
[+] Tell the girls about these strange powers you've gained.
[+] Ask about the local tailors. You want a bearskin cloak.
>> No. 6923
[x] Tell the girls about these strange powers you've gained.
[x] Ask about the local tailors. You want a bearskin cloak.
>> No. 6924
[x] Ask about the local tailors. You want a bearskin cloak.
>> No. 6925
[x] Tell the girls about these strange powers you've gained.
[x] Ask about the local tailors. You want a bearskin cloak.

Bearskin cloak, a real lady killer.
>> No. 6926
[X] Tell the girls about these strange powers you've gained.
[X] Ask about the local tailors. You want a bearskin cloak.
>> No. 6927
[x] Tell the girls about these strange powers you've gained.
[x] Ask about the local tailors. You want a bearskin cloak.

Also, do you think Marissa could find a way to enchant said cloak? Sigurd wants something to go with his Immortal King gear.
>> No. 6928
[x] Tell the girls about these strange powers you've gained.
[x] Ask about the local tailors. You want a bearskin cloak.
>> No. 6929
[X] Ask about the local tailors. You want a bearskin cloak.
[X] Tell the girls about these strange powers you've gained.
>> No. 6930
Updates?
>> No. 6931
[X] Ask about the local tailors. You want a bearskin cloak.
[X] Tell the girls about these strange powers you've gained.

Hmm! Don't see another thread up yet.
>> No. 6935
File 121720102839.jpg - (113.78KB , 500x550 , 121703032284.jpg ) [iqdb]
6935
Updates for all!
___________

[ ] Tell the girls about these strange powers you've gained.
[ ] Ask about the local tailors. You want a bearskin cloak.


Yes. You do need to talk. You've done things that should be impossible and you've got no clue how. The more you think about it, the more this fact bothers you. Getting lost in a strange realm is one thing. The suspicion that the realm is changing you somehow is entirely different.

You're brought out of your reverie by Marisa's voice. "What's wrong Sigurd? You're awfully quiet -ze." The young witch looks at you with a mixture of curiosity and concern. Alice also gives you a questioning look.

"Your eyes see clearly. There is something weighing on my heart." You sigh, slightly unsure how to explain your concerns. "The strenght of my arms, the speed of my limbs and the sharpness of my eyes. All these are greater than ever before, yet I know not why."

Both Alice and Marisa intently listen as you explain the what happened this morning, then you tell how you slew the bear yesterday.

"So that's why that bear wasn't killed by a cut." Alice's simple statement isn't even a question. This woman is as perceptive as the High One seated on Hlidskjalf.

Marisa looks even more concerned as you explain your worries about this change. "Eh? Are you turning into a youkai? There aren't that many people Gensokyo that can change others into youkai anyway." Marisa frowns thoughtfully. "But you haven't met Remilia so it isn't her."

Alice shakes her head at Marisa's conjencture. "No, he isn't a youkai at all. Eirin confirmed that."

"Oh? Then something's strange -ze. And you know what that means."

Alice nods in reply "When something strange happens, it's usually Yukari's fault. Sorry Sigurd, but that's the only thing I can think of right now" She gives you an apologetic look.

Why does this not surprise you? Another reason to find the woman. You decide to push away your doubts until you meet the one responsible for all this.

Then your thoughts turn toward less grave matters. While the clothes Marisa lent you are comfortable, they don't really convey the proper image of a son of Odin. You decide that you'll need some more impressive garb.. Maybe a bearskin cloak? Would it not be right and proper to wear the pelt of your fallen foe? Besides, it would certainly look heroic. For a second you imagine yourself standing on a mountain of vanquished foemen, surrounded by cheering warriors and adoring women.

"Sigurd, are you really all right?" Alice gives you an odd, questioning look. Oh damn. It must seem strange that you're spacing out all the time.

You raise your hands defensively. "Indeed I am... I was merely wondering whether the tailors of Gensokyo are as skilled as its sorcerers."

"Tailors -ze?" Marisa asks quizzically, a small frown crossing her features. "Why'd you need a tailor?"

"If you seek a tailor, you've got one of the best in Gensokyo right here." Alice's voice contains a small hint of pride, but she immediately shifts to a more businesslike tone. "Though I also wonder why you would need a tailor."

"It would be seemly for high-hearted hunter to wear forest-king's mantle." Questioning looks follow your statement. "I would like a cloak of bearskin."

Alice seems somewhat taken aback by your request. "A... bearskin cloak? Well, I suppose I should have expected something like that" She suddenly smiles at you. "All right, I'll make it for you, but it will take a little time."

You allow yourself a short moment of satisfaction. Finally something seems to go your way. At least now you'll look good when the inevitable horrors lurking in Gensokyo rend you limb for limb. You laugh out loud at your morbid irony.

"What's so funny -ze?" You quickly decide that it might not be in good taste to share the joke right now and assure Marisa that it's nothing important.

The three of you quickly finish your breakfast. Your cooking wins you a few compliments from the girls, giving a bit more fuel to your self-confidence. "That was really good -ze! Now let's get to work." Marisa jumps up from her seat and skips towards the door.

"Marisa!" Alice's voice stops the witch in her tracks "It's your turn to wash the dishes." Marisa flinches and slowly turns around.

Alice's eyes are like frozen crystals and her look is a sliver of razor-sharp ice, as if daring Marisa to protest. The black-white seems to understand this as well. She looks down in defeat and walks over to the kitchen sink.

"Good. Then I'll go and prepare the room. Shanghai!" Alice rises from the table and looks at you while her doll takes its customary position behind her shoulder. You wonder what room she means?


[ ] Offer to help Marisa with the dishes

[ ] Go with Alice. You're curious about this room.
>> No. 6936
[ ] Go with Alice. You're curious about this room.

She's making us a free cloak, so we should probably treat her well.
>> No. 6937
[X] Offer to help Marisa with the dishes
>> No. 6938
[-ze] Offer to help Marisa with the dishes
>> No. 6939
[+] Go with Alice. You're curious about this room.
>> No. 6940
[X] Go with Alice. You're curious about this room.
>> No. 6941
[$] Offer to help Marisa with the dishes.
[$] Then follow Alice. You're curious about this room.
>> No. 6942
[x] Go with Alice. You're curious about this room.

It'll be our turn next to do the dishes anyway.
>> No. 6943
[ ] Go with Alice. You're curious about this room.

I wonder if this Alice will turn out to be yandere as well.
>> No. 6944
[x] Go with Shanghai.
>> No. 6945
File 121721527918.jpg - (106.17KB , 779x323 , 1204693200812.jpg ) [iqdb]
6945
>>6943

[x] Go with Alice. You're curious about this room.

Yes. She always is. And lonely.
>> No. 6946
File 121721840292.jpg - (82.54KB , 625x692 , 1214796283350.jpg ) [iqdb]
6946
>>6943>>6945
quiet, you

Alice is a good girl
>> No. 6947
File 121722122092.jpg - (305.33KB , 600x800 , 1211434695331.jpg ) [iqdb]
6947
Yandere is the new moe. Everyone knows this.

[x] Go with Alice. You're curious about this room.
>> No. 6948
[x] Go with Alice. You're curious about this room.

I'm curious about this room.
>> No. 6949
[ ] Go with Alice. You're curious about this room.
>> No. 6950
[x] Go with Alice. You're curious about this room.
[x] Go into the locked room
>> No. 6953
[x] Offer to help Marisa with the dishes
>> No. 6955
File 121728134964.jpg - (126.73KB , 600x483 , 1206656828835.jpg ) [iqdb]
6955
[ ] Go with Alice. You're curious about this room.


What room? And what did Alice mean when she talked about preparing? Your curiosity is certainly piqued by this.

"Sigurd, are you coming?" Alice already stands in the doorway, looking at you impatiently. Shanghai waves to you, beckoning for you to follow.

Marisa loudly complains as you get up and follow Alice. "Oh, you two go ahead. Don't think about me. I'll just stay here and take care of the drudgery -ze." Alice seems unaffected by Marisa's theatrical lamentations, but you can't help feeling a little bad about leaving her with all the dishes.

The puppetmaker leads you up the stairs and down the hallway on the second floor. She stops at another nondescript door and mutters a short incantation, evoking a click from the lock and causing the door to swing open.

You follow Alice into a spacious room. Like every other room in Marisa's house it's cluttered with stuff, but in here the stuff consists of paper. Dozens of charts, drawings and notes are pinned to the walls. A large map is laid out on a table, surrounded by even more papers. A group of portraits also hang on the wall. You can't make out any details from here but there seems to be six of them, all portraying women. You also see a small desk in a corner with a door beside it and several large chests stashed next to the desk.

Alice flourishes with her arm, the dramatic gesture sweeping through the air. She looks you in the eye and speaks in a solemn voice. "Welcome...to the War Room." She manages to keep her face straight for a second, then her mask breaks. She giggles at your confused expression and gives you a wide smile. "At least that's what Marisa calls it."

The War Room? You take a second look at the room and notice several small details confirming that the name indeed is appropriate. The charts and maps suddenly make sense. You even see a pair of strange swords crossed on the wall. Undeniably the room has a martial atmosphere and purpose.

Yet why would Marisa have something like this in her house? This looks like something a warlord would use to plan his conquests, and not like the study of a scholar. Maybe there's more to Marisa than what meets the eye? You imagine Marisa leading a glorious charge, blade in hand and sorcery dancing from her fingertips. Disturbingly, the possibility doesn't seem that farfetched to you.

"I have to find a few papers. Marisa should be along soon, so you can wait here, OK?" Alice moves over to the door by the desk and opens it. Before you can stop her she's already gone. Damn it, she could at least have explained a bit more before disappearing. It looks like you'll have to check the room yourself. On the other hand, maybe it would be better to wait for Marisa? If she's coming you might not have the time to search through the room anyway.


Choose up to two options:

[ ] Take a look at the large map.

[ ] Examine the portraits.

[ ] Check the charts on the walls.

[ ] Try to read some of the papers.

[ ] Examine the swords.

[ ] Search through the chests.

[ ] Sit down and wait for Marisa.
>> No. 6956
[x] Examine the portraits.
>> No. 6957
[ ] Check the charts on the walls.
[ ] Take a look at the large map.
>> No. 6958
[ ] Examine the swords.

not that we'd be using them
>> No. 6959
[x] Examine the portraits.
[x] Take a look at the large map.
>> No. 6960
[$] Take a look at the large map.

[$] Examine the portraits.

[$] Check the charts on the walls.

[$] Try to read some of the papers.

[$] Examine the swords.

We are still curious about this room.
>> No. 6961
[x] Take a look at the large map.
[x] Examine the swords.

Time to plan the conquest of Gensokyo.
>> No. 6962
[x] Take a look at the large map.

[x] Check the charts on the walls.

We already got a weapon, but we don't have an area map.
>> No. 6963
[+] Take a look at the large map.
[+] Examine the portraits.
>> No. 6964
[X] Take a look at the large map.
[X] Examine the portraits.
>> No. 6965
[ ] Take a look at the large map.
[ ] Check the charts on the walls.
Useful tactical information go!
>> No. 6966
[X] Take a look at the large map.
[X] Examine the portraits.
>> No. 6967
[ ] Take a look at the large map.
[ ] Check the charts on the walls.
>> No. 6968
Map & portraits it is. Writing now.
>> No. 6969
>>6968
Hooray!
>> No. 6970
File 121736924964.jpg - (108.61KB , 500x512 , c0d1d1cd.jpg ) [iqdb]
6970
[ ] Take a look at the large map.
[ ] Examine the portraits.


Well, it can't hurt to take a look around. The most interesting feature of the room certainly is the map table. You move to take a better look at the map.

Odd. The map doesn't seem to describe any geographical area. After a few minutes of study you begin to see that it actually is a map of a large building. Now that you understand what it's supposed to portray you begin to appreciate the astounding level of detail. Every single room is exquisitely drawn down to the slightest details. The map even shows the positions of the furniture. Someone has also scribbled small notes on the map, detailing the measurements of rooms and windows. Many long hours of labour must have gone into making this map.

A bunch of paper notes scattered around the map also might have some significance. You look them over and quickly find out that you don't understand them at all. The only thing you can make sense of is that the papers somehow refer to the map.

All this seems strange. Why would Marisa have something like this in her War Room? Actually, scratch that. The important question is who Marisa would war with in the first place. You decide to go and examine the portraits on the wall. Maybe they can give you some insight?

As you thought there are six portraits here. The largest one is an exquisite oil painting of a purple-haired woman in a strange pink dress. A small metal plaque on the frame reveals that her name is Patchouli Knowledge. You have no idea who this is. Several notes are pinned to the wall around the painting. They seem to be some kind of schedules. Some of the entries are circled with red ink, apparently signifying something special. Another note gives 03:44 as 'calculated optimal time of attack', whatever that means.

A second, slightly smaller portrait catches your eye. The woman in the picture is probably the most beautiful female you've ever seen. Her perfect face is framed by red hair and her eyes, only a shade darker, give her an unnatural look. You must admit that the pair of black wings sprouting from the side of her head also contribute to it. There are fewer notes hanging around this picture, and you can't make sense of them.

The next two portraits aren't paintings at all. Rather they are made out of some shiny material. One of the pictures is of a woman with long red hair dressed in green, and another of a silver-haired woman in a strange blue-white outfit. The only note here is short and simple. 'Now almost certain she wears pad.' You don't understand what this means either.

Finally there are two more oil paintings portraying a pair of young, red-eyed girls, one blonde, the other blue-haired. Once again the unnatural aura around them is obvious, even without the fact that they have wings sticking out from their shoulders. On the frame of the blue-haired girl's portait you fins a plaque. 'Remilia Scarlet' You recognize the name from earlier when Alice told you about the so-called "Scarlet Devil" of Gensokyo. Somehow you aren't terribly impressed by her, but it has become clear to you that appearances are decieving. You give the painting a second look, but you don't notice anything more that would be out of place. Yet some instinct deep within your mind makes you certain that this is no mere girl.

So absorbed are you by the paintings that you almost miss the subtle click coming from the door. It suddenly swings open revealing Marisa. She enters and crosses her arms.

"So what'cha think? Pretty cool, eh?" The black-white witch beams with pride as she speaks. You assure her that the room is interesting, but you can't resist asking her what the real purpose of this place is.

"One question must be asked. Why does mighty Marisa's hall hold a room of war? Is black-white witch a wise warlord, crafting cunning conquests?"

"Conquest? Nah, my current project is to find out how I can borrow books as efficiently as possible. But don't tell anyone -ze."

Borrow books? Somehow it doesn't seem like you'd need that much planning to borrow books. Marisa noticed your disbelieving expression and frowns.

"To be good at doing anything, you have to be good at planning -ze!" Marisa raises a finger in the air as she lectures you on the finer points of strategy.

Then she skips over to the chests and opens the one closest to the desk. She takes off her pointy hat and tosses it aside, replacing her customary headgear with a dark green helmet from the chest. The strange piece of armour looks nothing like any helmet you've seen. Even more strange are the four stylized silver stars arranged in a row on the front of it.

Marisa turns around to face you "All right! General Kirisame hereby declares this meeting opened -ze!" She puts her hands on her hips and looks around her. "Alice? Hey Alice? Where are you?"

As on cue the side door opens and Alice enters, Shanghai in tow. Or at least you think it's Shanghai. The puppet is carrying a big pile of papers nearly obscuring her from view. Something seems off though. Alice walks over to the map table and rolls up the big map, clearing space for the new papers. Shanghai deposits her burden on the table and floats up into your line of sight.

Instead of her normal red dress, the little doll is dressed in dark blue pants with golden stripes running down the sides. She wears a jacket of the same colour with crossed white bands over the chest and golden epaulettes on the shoulders. A tall white-plumed hat with golden decorations, small leather boots and a tiny curved sword hanging at her side finish the little puppet's garb. You stare dumbly at Shanghai as she floats behind Alice, standing still in the air with her arms crossed behind her back. The little doll tries to keep her face grim but she's failing adorably at it.

Alice's voice snaps you out of your adoring reverie. "I've gotten all of our archives on Yukari right here." Alice points at the papers on the table as she speaks.

Yukari? Why would she bring out that? Your questioning look evokes another comment from Alice.

"We thought it would be better to plan our course of action before we set out." She states matter-of-factly.

"It's really simple " Marisa adds. "You're going after Yukari, and we've decided to help out -ze."


[ ] Accept their help.

[ ] Ask why they want to help you.

[ ] Refuse. You can't involve the girls in this.

[ ] Refuse. Your quest is your own, and you need no aid.
>> No. 6972
Great.

[x] Ask why they want to help you.
>> No. 6973
[X] Accept their help, but...
[X] Ask why they want to help you.
>> No. 6974
[X] Accept their help, but...
[X] Ask why they want to help you.
[X] Manly tears
>> No. 6975
[+] Accept their help, but...
[+] Ask why they want to help you.
>> No. 6976
[$] Accept their help, but...
[$] Ask why they want to help you.
Also: "The next two portraits aren't paintings at all. Rather they are made out of some shiny material."
Marisa uses tintypes, huh?
>> No. 6977
[X] Accept their help, but...
[X] Ask why they want to help you.
[X] Manly tears
>> No. 6978
[X] Accept their help, but...
[X] Ask why they want to help you.
[X] Manly tears

The Enemy is strong, his base is hidden and he probably knows that Sigurd is coming.
It's a trap.
>> No. 6979
>Instead of her normal red dress, the little doll is dressed in dark blue pants with golden stripes running down the sides. She wears a jacket of the same colour with crossed white bands over the chest and golden epaulettes on the shoulders. A tall white-plumed hat with golden decorations, small leather boots and a tiny curved sword hanging at her side finish the little puppet's garb. You stare dumbly at Shanghai as she floats behind Alice, standing still in the air with her arms crossed behind her back. The little doll tries to keep her face grim but she's failing adorably at it.

AWESOME

[Un] Accept their help, but...
[Deux] Ask why they want to help you.
[Trois] Manly tears
>> No. 6980
>>6970
Magnificent.

[X] Accept their help, but...
[X] Ask why they want to help you.
[X] Manly tears.
>> No. 6981
[X] Accept their help, but...
[X] Ask why they want to help you.
[X] Manly tears.
>> No. 6983
[X] Accept their help, but...
[X] Ask why they want to help you.
[X] Manly tears.
>> No. 6998
All right. Writing now.
>> No. 7006
[ ] Accept their help, but...
[ ] Ask why they want to help you.
[ ] Manly tears.


This was somewhat unexpected. Yet if Alice and Marisa freely offer to aid you you cannot refuse. Not only because your foe is wily and powerful. If you're honest with yourself you like their company.

"Glady do I welcome your aid, and it is an honour to accept."

"All right, time to chew bubblegum and shoot Danmaku!" Maria pumps her arm and grins wickedly at the prospect of glorious battle. Yet something still has to be said.

You hold up your hands, silencing Marisa's outburst. "Yet... why?" Indeed. Why would they offer to aid you against Yukari? As far as you know they don't have any reason to do so.

"By blood and oath are men bound to aid another, and friends raise their blades as one. Why would you risk life and limb for my sake?"

"What'cha mean Sigurd? Aren't we your friends -ze?" Marisa grins mischieviously at you.

"Indeed. I would be very disappointed were it otherwise." Alice adds with a small, wry smile. Shanghai draws her little sword and salutes you.

You're completely taken aback by this. You do like both Marisa and Alice, and you are indebted to both of them. Yet you wouldn't have thought that they both would consider you a friend. Tears flow down your cheeks as emotion overtakes you. This feeling in your heart. It is so simple, yet so profound. You stand still for a moment, head raised and manly tears flowing. Clenching your fist you slowly speak of glory.

"Bound by faith and quest we shall find victory...my friends" Your voice is strained from emotion. Shanghai floats over and pats you on the shoulder. The little doll gives you a determined look and nods, as if to assure you that everything will be all right. You wipe the tears from your eyes as the moment passes. You feel calm again, and...complete somehow. It feels as if this was meant to happen. The girls look oddly at you, but they don't comment further.

Marisa suddenly clears her throat and adjusts her helmet. "Then I'll begin with our mission statement." She really tries to lord it over the meeting.

"We need a name though." Alice interrupts "For the paperwork."

"Oh...how about we let Sigurd name the operation? It's his quest after all." The girls look at you expectantly. Well shit, are you supposed to come up with a fancy name all of a sudden?


[ ] Come up with a name (write-in)

[ ] Ask Marisa to come up with a name instead.

[ ] Ask Alice to come up with a name instead.
>> No. 7009
[x] Come up with a name (Fafnir)

Time to bath in Yukaris blood.
>> No. 7016
>Shanghai draws her little sword and salutes you.
Game called on account of heart attack.

[X] Come up with a name (Fafnir)

Sure, why not. I know dick all about Norse mythology, so no better suggestions here.
>> No. 7024
[X] Come up with a name (Fafnir)
>> No. 7029
{X} Come up with a name (Fafnir)

Kinda works I guess
>> No. 7031
[X] Come up with a name (Fafnir)

Works with our name.
>> No. 7033
[x] Come up with a name (Operation Black Steel)

We're calling it Operation Black Steel.
>> No. 7038
[ ] Come up with a name (Thor's Hammer of justice.)
>> No. 7042
[] Come up with a name (Ragnarok)

For we are bringing forth the fate of one like a god!
>> No. 7052
[x] Come up with a name (Operation Black Steel)
Sounds good.
>> No. 7054
It seems as if Fafnir has won. Interesting choice.
>> No. 7056
Last one for today. Will try to get back to work tomorrow morning.

______________

[ ] Come up with a name (Fafnir)


"Fafnir." The name rolls over your tongue. Somehow it feels right. A name full of promise, like a blade pointed at the bare throat of your foeman.

"Operation Fafnir? Sounds good." Alice produces a feather pen and a pot if ink from somewhere and writes down the name on a piece of blank paper.

"As I was saying, our mission statement -ze!" Marisa suddenly slams her hand down on the table, scattering a few stray papers in the process. "We will find the primary target, Yukari Yakumo, and kick her ass."

Marisa's assessment sounds straightforward enough, but you're certain that there must be some hoops for you to jump through. As on cue, Alice starts explaining the problems you will be facing.

"We know is that she lives in the village of Mayohiga. The problem is that you can't enter the village by choice."

"Why is that?" You can't really make sense of Alice's explanation.

"It's complicated. Basically Mayohiga is located inside the border of Gensokyo. As far as we know, the only way to enter is to get lost." Alice shuffles through the papers, apparently trying to find something.

"Yeah, I did that once" Marisa adds. "Haven't been there since then though."

Alice pulls a paper out of the pile and lays it down on the table. "So the best way would be to take an indirect approach, trying to catch her when she moves outside." She points at the paper, which apparently is a list of places where Yukari has been sighted. In fact, there are surprisingly many entries. Maybe Alice's suggestion would work?

"Eehh? No way, we should just get lost and find Mayohiga." Marisa protests.

"Whaat? Don't you know how dangerous the border is?" Alice glares back at Marisa.

The discussion suddenly seems on the verge of degenerating into another bout of bickering. You quite distinctly remember the last time this happened, and the results of that one. Somehow you're not eager to get blasted again.


[ ] Try to stop them. They can't fight here, this is the War Room.

[ ] Theatrically duck and cover.

[ ] Ignore the girls. Go and play with Shanghai instead.
>> No. 7057
[ ] Ignore the girls. Go and play with Shanghai instead.

Shanghai~
>> No. 7058
[x] They can't stop here, this is Bat Country.
>> No. 7059
[+] Try to stop them. They can't fight here, this is the War Room.
>> No. 7060
[ ] Try to stop them. They can't fight here, this is the War Room.
>> No. 7061
[X] Ignore the girls. Go and play with Shanghai instead.

Clearly, these girls aren't serious.
>> No. 7062
[x] Ignore the girls. Go and play with Shanghai instead.
>> No. 7063
[x] Ignore the girls. Go and play with Shanghai instead.
>> No. 7064
[ ] Try to stop them. They can't fight here, this is the War Room.
>> No. 7065
[ ] Try to stop them. They can't fight here, this is the War Room.
>> No. 7066
[X] Try to stop them. They can't fight here, this is the War Room.

Sorry, Shanghai, business first.
>> No. 7067
[x] Ignore the girls. Go and play with Shanghai instead.
>> No. 7068
[X] Ignore the girls. Go and play with Shanghai instead.
I can't resist the moe doll...
>> No. 7069
[X] Ignore the girls. Go and play with Shanghai instead.
>> No. 7070
[X] Ignore the girls. Go and play with Shanghai instead.
>> No. 7071
[x] Ignore the girls. Go and play with Shanghai instead.

Let them work it out. Also I'm wondering how this is going to work while Alice is busy arguing.
>> No. 7072
[x] Ignore the girls. Go and play with Shanghai instead.

Holy Jesus christ mother of god, HOTGLUETHATDOLL
>> No. 7073
[x] Try to stop them. They can't fight here, this is the War Room.
>> No. 7074
[x] Ignore the girls. Go and play with Shanghai instead.

Can we have Shanghai route?