[Return]
Archived Thread

File 121587896574.jpg - (158.53KB , 500x706 , 7a0d9372.jpg ) [iqdb]
6504 No. 6504
[ ] "The reparations I would require for going against my hostess would be quite severe. Giving yourself up to become a thrall watched over only by Rig or volunteering to fuel the funeral pyres of a great hero. Perhaps it would be wiser to just make amends?"


You have been seen. Inconvenient. You were curious about what "punishment" Marisa had in store for Tewi. Reasoning that it can't be helped you swagger inside the room, theatrically delivering your carefully chosen words.

"Help? Indeed I could do that." Tewi's features light up as you plant the seed of false hope. "However..."

"The reparations I would require for going against my hostess would be quite severe." You wag your finger at Tewi as you speak, as a condescending grandfather would when scolding an errant child.

"Giving yourself up to become a thrall watched over only by Rig or volunteering to fuel the funeral pyres of a great hero." You continue, keeping your tone neutral, as if you were discussing the weather. You note Tewi's shocked expression as you make a dramatic pause. "Perhaps it would be wiser to just make amends?"

"Wha, whaaat?" Tewi loudly protests. "Oh, I see. You think this is funny, don't you? You horrible brute!" Tewi's face is a portrait of indignation as she struggles against the chains. "I'll tell mistress Eirin!"

"If the price for this one's aid is too high, you are free to refuse." You glance knowingly at Marisa as you answer, giving her a quick wink.

Marisa's wicked grin returns and she begins to play along. "Then it's Punishment Time da-ze!" She makes a few more practise swings with her broom. "I won't stop even if you beg for mercy-ze."

As it becomes evident that her situation is hopeless, the fight goes out of Tewi. Her ears droop as she grudgingly accepts her defeat. "All right, you win Marisa. I'll give back that thing I took."

Marisa's face shines in triumph. She snaps her fingers causing the chains around Tewi's wrists to disappear. The rabbit crashes down to the ground, still bound by the chains around her feet. She picks herself up and pulls out a small octagonal object from her dress.

"Take it then. I didn't want it anyway." Tewi pouts as she tosses the wooden octagon to Marisa. Marisa quickly pockets the object, then snaps her fingers again and the chains around Tewi's feet disappear.

The rabbit-girl bolts away as soon as she's free. She stops in the doorway and turns around to face you and Marisa. She sticks out her tongue at you, spins around and rushes off.

"YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE-ZE!" Marisa shouts after Tewi. Then she turns to you and smiles widely. "Ha! We showed her, didn't we? That was great wasn't it-ze?"

Vote 1:

[ ] Agree. A well-earned victory is always glorious.

[ ] Disagree. Clearly Tewi was an inferior opponent.

[ ] Discreetly avoid answering the question.

______

Vote 2:

[ ] Formally thank Marisa for her hospitality.

[ ] Suggest that you find Alice.

[ ] Suggest that you chase down Tewi.

[ ] Suggest something else (Write-in)

______

Two separate votes this time.

>> No. 6505
[ ] Agree. Tewi may have been an inferior opponent, but allowing a thief mercy is unheard of.

[ ] Formally thank Marisa for her hospitality, then suggest chasing down Tewi to scare some more sense into her.
>> No. 6506
[X] Disagree. Clearly Tewi was an inferior opponent.
[X] Formally thank Marisa for her hospitality.
[X] Suggest that you find Alice.

For a woman of more than a millennium's age, Tewi lacks the warrior's prowess.
>> No. 6507
{X} Agree. A well-earned victory is always glorious.
{X} Formally thank Marisa for her hospitality.

>>6506
>For a woman of more than a millennium's age, Tewi lacks the warrior's prowess.
But Sigurd don't know that, does he~
>> No. 6508
>>6506
>For a woman of more than a millennium's age, Tewi lacks the warrior's prowess.

But she has a warrior's cunning. She got off without punishment.

[x] Agree. "Blessings and beautiful bounty! Both borne of the Battle-God's boon!"
[x] Formally thank Marisa for her hospitality.
>> No. 6509
{X} Agree. A well-earned victory is always glorious.
{X} Formally thank Marisa for her hospitality.
>> No. 6510
[λ] Disagree. Clearly Tewi was an inferior opponent, no match for the likes of us.
[λ] Formally thank Marisa for her hospitality.
[λ] Suggest that you find Alice, then...
[λ] Suggest that you chase down Tewi together, just the three of us.
>> No. 6511
{X} Agree. A well-earned victory is always glorious.
{X} Formally thank Marisa for her hospitality.
>> No. 6512
{X} Agree. A well-earned victory is always glorious.
{X} Formally thank Marisa for her hospitality.
>> No. 6513
Agreeing & thanking won. Writing.
>> No. 6514
[λ] Disagree. Clearly Tewi was an inferior opponent, no match for the likes of us.
[λ] Formally thank Marisa for her hospitality.
>> No. 6515
File 121590134658.jpg - (125.99KB , 602x850 , f4b2da23.jpg ) [iqdb]
6515
Sleepan tiem. Will return tomorrow morning.

__________

[ ] Agree. A well-earned victory is always glorious.
[ ] Formally thank Marisa for her hospitality.


The Allfather smiles upon the victorious. You nod at Marisa's words. "Glory is richest among rewards, fair fame does victory bring."

"Yeah! I knew you'd agree-ze." Marisa gives you a wide, happy smile. "So how're you feeling-ze? We knocked you around a bit didn't we?" She runs her fingers through her fair locks while you assure her that you're perfectly fine. "Well, I knew that a Viking wouldn't go down just because of that." Somehow her grin widens even further. "So, didja come here just to tease Tewi? Or were you looking for me-ze?"

"Indeed I was." You reply in a deep, grave voice. Marisa looks up at you, slightly confused by your sudden change of tone.

"In days of yore Allfather sang the words of wisdom. Law and lore Gautatýr gave for greeting of guest. Weary wanderer is welcomed in halls where High One's words are heeded." You step closer to Marisa and clasp her wrist with your right hand. The witch flinches slightly, but after a moment she grips your wrist in reply.

"Wise witch follows Allfather's words. How then can grateful guest repay honorable host?" You lock eyes with Marisa, her golden eyes shining like Freya's tears. You suddenly feel the great and terrible power in the words you are about to utter. It's as if the world around you has ground to a halt, awaiting the fateful moment.

"His blade is hers when mighty Marisa calls. So does Sigurd swear upon the name of Odin." Your oath is sworn and honor satisfied. You release Marisa's wrist, a second later she does likewise with yours. The world returns to normal, but you feel as if something has been set in motion.

"Eh, um... thanks." Marisa looks a bit embarrassed by your flowery words. She doesn't seem to have felt anything out of place. She gives you a little smile while twirling a lock of hair around her finger. "I guess I'm just awesome like that-ze." A few silent seconds pass.

"Hey, since I am an awesome hostess I have to make tea for you-ze." Marisa frowns thoughtfully as she speaks. "And maybe dinner? I think I can trick Alice to cook-ze." Marisa gives you that impossibly wide grin again. This girl is truly something special.


[ ] Accept. Dinner sounds good.

[ ] Politely refuse. You'd rather take a look around the house.
>> No. 6516
[ ] Accept. Dinner sounds good.
>> No. 6517
[ ] Accept. Dinner sounds good.
>> No. 6518
[] Accept. Dinner sounds good.
>> No. 6519
Wait, why can't we do both? Look around while we're waiting for dinner?
>> No. 6520
>>6519
Microwave.
>> No. 6521
[x] Accept. Dinner sounds good.
What a pimp Sigurd is.
>> No. 6522
[x] Accept. Dinner sounds good.
>> No. 6524
>"Hey, since I am an awesome hostess I have to make tea for you-ze." Marisa frowns thoughtfully as she speaks. "And maybe dinner? I think I can trick Alice to cook-ze." Marisa gives you that impossibly wide grin again. This girl is truly something special.

Her idea of making dinner for us is to trick Alice into doing it. Fucking awesome.

[x] Accept. Dinner sounds good.
>> No. 6525
[x] Accept. Dinner sounds good.
>> No. 6526
File 121595104420.jpg - (33.49KB , 400x450 , 1215770815096.jpg ) [iqdb]
6526
[ ] Accept. Dinner sounds good.


Now that she mentions it, you do feel the pangs of hunger. When was the last time you had a meal anyway? You decide to accept Marisa's offer.

"All right. Follow me!" Marisa skips down the hallway. You follow her for a minute or two, while she's happily chattering about Vikings and Lasers. You have no idea what lasers are, and she seems to have some very odd conceptions about the sons of the north. "...and is it true that Vikings can breathe in space-ze?" Marisa eagerly asks. Then she stops in front of a door. "Right, here we are." She kicks open the door and jumps in.

You follow Marisa into the kitchen. Unsurprisingly it's just as cluttered as the rest of her house. Inside Alice is sitting at a table reading a book, Shanghai perched on her shoulder. She looks up when Marisa bursts into the room.

"It's dinner time da-ze! I'll cook!"

Alice looks slightly skeptical. "You're going to cook? What will you make?"

"Mushroom stew-ze!" Marisa grins at Alice, who suddenly becomes very pale. "M-mushroom stew? Maybe that's not a very good idea." Shanghai nods vigorously at Alice's words.

"Mushroom soup?" Marisa asks. Alice glares back at her "I know you like mushrooms, but last time you cooked..."

"Hey, hey Alice. What do you think about fried mushrooms-ze?" Marisa's face is a picture of angelic innocence as she cuts off Alice in mid-sentence. All color is suddenly drained from Alice's face. Shanghai ducks behind Alice's head, peeking out with fearful eyes. You stare at Marisa in disbelief. Maybe she and mushrooms don't go well together. Or perhaps the problem is that they do.

Alice looks down and shakes her head "I suppose I'll do the cooking then. What a pain." Shanghai floats up and pats Alice on the shoulder.

Alice walks over to a large cupboard and opens it. She spends a few minutes looking through the cupboard, then she frowns and turns to Marisa. "Hey Marisa, there hardly is any food in here."

"Oh. I think I forgot to go shopping-ze." She gives Alice an apologetic smile. "Well that's just great. How am I supposed to cook without ingredients?"

"Just use a little of this and a little of that and add lots of mushrooms-ze! That's how I do." Alice scowls at Marisa, but doesn't reply.


[ ] Offer to help with the cooking.

[ ] Talk to Marisa while Alice cooks.

[ ] Go out in the forest, find something edible and kill it.
>> No. 6527
[ ] Talk to Marisa while Alice cooks.

Marisa route to make up for not taking it in Scorn's story.
>> No. 6528
[x] Go out in the forest, find something edible and kill it.

TIME FOR FAIRY STEW
>> No. 6529
[X] Go out in the forest, find something edible and kill it.

Taste my axe ye rotten warthog and get into my stomach!
>> No. 6530
[X] Go out in the forest, find something edible and kill it.

Staying in AWESOME.
>> No. 6531
[x] Go out in the forest, find something edible and kill it.

Your prey will come to you.
>> No. 6532
[x] Go out in the forest, find something edible and kill it.

I am a VIKING.
>> No. 6533
[ ] Go out in the forest, find something edible and kill it.
viking style ,muz hav MOAR viking style
>> No. 6534
[X] Go out in the forest, find something edible and kill it.

Wriggle flesh should taste sweet.
>> No. 6535
[x] Go out in the forest, find something edible and kill it.

This is how MEN do it!
>> No. 6536
[x] Go out in the forest, find something edible and kill it.
>> No. 6537
[x] Go out in the forest, find something edible and kill it.

Fuck yeah Se- VIKING!
>> No. 6538
[x] Go out in the forest, find something edible and kill it.
Are fairies edible?
>> No. 6539
Huntan gaems are on. Writing now.
>> No. 6540
[ ] Go out in the forest, find something edible and kill it.


Somehow you're not surprised to learn that Marisa is less than rigorous with the maintenance of her household. You reason that the least you can do is to help out.

"There is a solution." You calmly state. Alice and Marisa turn to you as you continue. "Where are my arms?" You will have use of them, no doubt. "Huh? We left them by the door-ze." Marisa answers quizzically.

"I shall return shortly." You turn around and move towards the door. "Wait," Alice calls after you. "What are you going to do?"

"Why, O fair Alice, I will head into the forest, find some edible creature and slay it." Stunned faces stare at you as you leave. After a few moments you can hear Marisa break out in merry laughter.

You easily find the way to the front door. You stop only to recover your weapons before you open the front door and step outside. The fresh spring breeze outside feels wonderful, and the warm rays of the sun invigorate you. surveying your surroundings you observe that Marisa's house is surrounded by a large clearing in the forest, though you can't see any obvious path leading away. The forest itself is thick and lush, mainly birch and ash. You're certain that you'll find something edible in there. You look up at the sky and estimate that you'll have several hours of sunlight before Hrímfaxi's mane darkens the heavens. Plenty of time for some killing.

"Hey, hey Sigurd! Wait up-ze!" Marisa suddenly rushes out of the door. "If you're going, take this-ze." She tosses a small compass to you. "The needle points back to here." Marisa explains. "And watch out for the fairies, they can be a real pain-ze." Her business done, Marisa heads back inside. You take a look at the compass before pocketing it. Interesting device.

There is only one question that remains, what will you hunt?


[ ] Try to find something medium-sized.

[ ] Track down the largest and meanest thing you can find.

[ ] Fairy stew. You will have it.
>> No. 6541
[X] Track down the largest and meanest thing you can find.
>> No. 6542
[ x ] Track down the largest and meanest thing you can find.

EXTRA MANLY ON THE SIDE.
>> No. 6543
File 121597933785.jpg - (9.71KB , 155x225 , 1213750206122.jpg ) [iqdb]
6543
[ x ] Track down the largest and meanest thing you can find.

Ex-Keine werecow on her period?!
HELL YEAH. (inb4notfullmoonyet)
>> No. 6544
File 121597958446.png - (24.61KB , 350x350 , 1213752237897.png ) [iqdb]
6544
>>6543

[ x ] Track down the largest and meanest thing you can find.

THIS CHOICE. It was made for me.
>> No. 6545
File 121598081558.jpg - (56.11KB , 471x563 , 120804035681.jpg ) [iqdb]
6545
B-but, eye'm the meanst!
>> No. 6546
[ x ] Track down the largest and meanest thing you can find.
>> No. 6547
[x] Track down the largest and meanest thing you can find.
>> No. 6548
[x] Track down the largest and meanest thing you can find.

THIS WERE-COW! IT WAS MADE FOR ME!
>> No. 6549
[ x ] Track down the largest and meanest thing you can find.
>> No. 6550
[x] Track down the largest and meanest thing you can find.

I was going to say 'Epic bad end incoming', but then I remembered we're a viking. Nothing can stand against us.
>> No. 6551
[ ] Fairy stew. You will have it.
While this calls out for me;
[X] Try to find something medium-sized.
is the reasonable option
>> No. 6552
While Were-Keine inarguably would be the biggest and meanest beast, the lack of full moon unfortunately removes the possibility. Maybe an idea for the future though?

_______

[ ] Track down the largest and meanest thing you can find.


No half-measures. You will find the greatest beast of the forest and face it in glorious battle. You set out into the woods, carefully looking for tracks of a mighty beast. For about half an hour you search through glade and grove, ignoring several smaller tracks. Then you find what you're looking for and set off in pursuit. Judging from the tracks this beast is truly enormous. While you follow your prey you notice that the trees are older and larger in this part of the forest. You can see some enormous pine trees growing among the smaller vegetation.

Then you hear the crack of breaking branches ahead. You slow your pace and creep forward until you can see what you've been stalking. As you lay your eyes on the beast your heart nearly stops.

A bear. No, this is surely the grandfather of all bears itself. A brown-furred mountain of muscle, far larger than any beast you've seen so far. Luckily its back is turned, and it doesn't seem to have noticed you yet. But to defeat such a foe would surely bring great glory in the eyes of the Allfather. Not to mention tasty bear steaks.


[ ] Cautiously sneak up on it, then attack.

[ ] Roar a battlecry and charge.

[ ] This is nothing to you. Throw away your weapons and fight it barehanded.

[ ] Look for something smaller instead.
>> No. 6553
[x] Track down the largest and meanest thing you can find.

Stuff reason, we're VIKINGS! We're BORN for this!
>> No. 6554
>>6553

Damn, slowpoked.

Ah well.

[X] Roar a battlecry and charge.
>> No. 6555
[ ] Roar a battlecry and charge.

Fuck yes.
>> No. 6556
[x] This is nothing to you. Throw away your weapons and fight it bear-handed.
>> No. 6557
[X] Roar a battlecry and charge.
>> No. 6558
[ ] Roar a battlecry and charge.
>> No. 6559
[X] Roar a battlecry and charge.
>> No. 6560
[x] This is nothing to you. Roar a battlecry, throw away your weapons and fight it barehanded.

SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND THUNDER.
>> No. 6561
Too tired to write right now. Voting's open until tomorrow.
>> No. 6562
[x] This is nothing to you. Roar a battlecry, throw away your weapons and fight it barehanded.

BAD END tie?
THIS CHOICE. It was made for me.
>> No. 6563
[X] Kill it with your VIKING mind powers!
>> No. 6564
[X] Roar a battlecry and charge.
>> No. 6565
[] Roar a battlecry and charge.
>> No. 6570
[+] Roar a battlecry and charge.
VALHALLA!
>> No. 6571
>But to defeat such a foe would surely bring great glory in the eyes of the Allfather.

Such glory can't be nothing to us. Better remain armed.

[𒍣] Roar a battlecry and charge.
>> No. 6575
[x] This is nothing to you. Roar a battlecry, throw away your weapons and fight it barehanded.

It's just a flesh wound.
>> No. 6584
[x] This is nothing to you. Roar a battlecry, throw away your weapons and fight it Bearhanded

Don't want to ruin the meat or the pelt do we? No weapons then.
>> No. 6588
[ ] Roar a battlecry and charge


No retreat, no surrender. You can feel the battle-lust grip you. You throw back your head and sound your battlecry.

"BLOOD FOR ODIN!" Your unearthly roar rises to the heavens as you charge the massive beast. It turns around to face you, with almost supernatural speed for a creature of its size. It roars back at you and rears up, obviously intending to crush this audacious challenger. However, quick as the great bear may be, you are faster. In a blur you cover the distance between you, slamming your shield into the bear's exposed chest.

You can feel the force of the collision throughout your entire body. You're certain that the impact should have dislocated your shoulder, but somehow you're unharmed. The bear staggers back, nearly dodging the slash of your axe. The blow is shallow, glancing off an rib. It only serves to enrage the monstrous bear further.

And enraged it is. A roar of pain and fury echoes through the forest as a giant paw impacts on your shield. The blow nearly knocks you off your feet, but somehow you manage to stand fast. A detached part of your mind wonders how it's possible that you can match the strenght of this monstrous creature. You push aside these trivial thoughts, focusing on the more immediate danger of razor sharp fangs bearing down upon you. You can already smell the bear's fetid breath as its jaws close in.

No time to lose. In a blur you smash your forehead against the bear's lower jaw. It reels back in confusion. You dodge another swipe, the short distance between you two making it simple to avoid the claws. However, neither can you use your axe effectively at this distance. You drop your weapon and produce one of your daggers. Stabbing down, you're rewarded with a clean hit and a roar of pain. Your foe roars again and smashes into you with a flurry of blows. You stagger back before the onslaught, blocking and dodging its blows. Finally you manage to break contact as the bear's swings start slowing down. Despite the dagger sticking out of its chest, the bear seems more vigorous than ever, its eyes burning with fury and pain.

You pull out your second dagger, feeling your own rage waxing. How dares this thing stand against you? A fierce, burning anger simmers at the back of your head.


[ ] Finish this with a single blow.

[ ] Try to wear out the bear.

[ ] Throw your dagger, then charge.
>> No. 6589
[ ] Try to wear out the bear.

I find it doubtful we can finish it in "one blow", so...
>> No. 6591
[X] Finish this with a single blow.

Waiting to wear it out is tactically sound, but waiting for the beast to wear itself out from blood loss is cruel and does not reflect any respect for our opponent. This is a battle to the death; anything less than fighting with everything is shamefull. VIKING SPIRIT
>> No. 6592
[x] Finish this with a single blow.

It is a good day to die!
>> No. 6593
[x] Finish this with a single blow.

Tenderize that bear meat.

...are bears edible?
>> No. 6594
[X] Finish this with a single blow.
>> No. 6595
[X] Tell Keine we'll explain it inside, and see to Renko and Letty.
>> No. 6596
[X] Finish this with a single blow.
>> No. 6597
[X] Finish this with a single blow.
>> No. 6598
>>6595

Are you lost, book-reading youkai?
>> No. 6599
>>6595
Swing and a miss!
>> No. 6600
[X] Finish this with a single...OH SHI-
>> No. 6604
>>6593

Not only are bears edible, they are one of the tastiest animals on the planet.

Oh, and writing.
>> No. 6605
[ ] Finish this with a single blow.


You will finish this now. This bear. You will take it down with a single, swift strike.

You dash forward, intent to end this battle. You lift your dagger, aiming for the throat. Unfortunately the bear seems to have the same idea. It lunges forward, jaws wide. You try to dodge, but to no avail. Its jaws snap shut as you drive your dagger home. You feel the dagger striking the spine of the great beast, but a second later the feeling is eclipsed by burning pain in your shoulder. You watch in horror as the bear pulls it head back, nearly ripping the fleshy ruin that once was your right arm clean off your body. Then it shudders and collapses on top of you. Trapped under the massive bear, you learn that not even a mighty viking survives for long without blood in his veins.

BEAR'D END No.2

Continue?

[ ] Back X posts
________

The Allfather's wisdom tells that charging a blood-mad bear head-on tends to lead to bad results. Sometimes, a little cunning may be a good thing.
>> No. 6606
[ ] Back 1 post
[ ] Try to wear out the bear.

>>6604
really? I'm now interested in tasting bear
>> No. 6608
[ ] Back 1 post
[ ] Throw your dagger, then charge.
>> No. 6609
File 121606936990.png - (12.16KB , 676x475 , 1215968545095.png ) [iqdb]
6609
>BEAR'D END

[x] Back one post
[x] Throw your dagger and then try to wear it out, with your bare hands if need be
>> No. 6610
Considering some of the other bad ends we've been exposed to, getting mauled by a bear in combat is pretty awesome. Anyway:

[X] Back 1 post
[X] Try to wear out the bear.
>> No. 6611
[X] Back 1 post
[X] Try to wear out the bear.
>> No. 6612
>>6610
And unlike some of the bad ends, this doesn't make me rage at all, it's a pretty reasonable result of overextending ourselves, part of the game is to know our own limits.
[X] Back 1 post
[X] Try to wear out the bear.
>> No. 6613
File 12160713871.jpg - (905.78KB , 1280x768 , ffbeda2ffc7408e2988ea36f3ba1bcfe.jpg ) [iqdb]
6613
[X] Back 1 post.
[X] Try to wear out the bear.
Make Colbert proud.
>> No. 6614
[X] Back 1 post.
[X] Try to wear out the bear.

lol bear end. We should have wresteled that damn thing down.
>> No. 6615
Voting stop.

Writing now.
>> No. 6616
Last post for tonight.
____________

[ ] Back 1 post
[ ] Try to wear out the bear.


Pain. *shift* Darkness. *shift* Light.

For a moment the world is a blur. Then the sensation passes. You and the mighty beast stand locked in your duel in the heart of the forest. You force away your anger, clear your head, sharpen your focus.

You can't afford to take this foe lightly. Warily you circle around the bear, keeping barely out of reach. You keep back, forcing the bear to keep moving. You dart in and out, feinting and dodging the conterattacks. The bear follows your lead, swiping at your feints, but you can sense that it's also holding back. The cautious dance continues for a long time. Indeed, time itself becomes a forgotten concept. There is only you and your foe.

Move in. Swift slash. A shallow cut, and roar of pain. Then back again before fang and claw can reach you. Time and again this pattern repeats itself. You're confident that you'll get your chance soon.

Then you notice. Every time your attack is slightly slower. Every time the bear's claws come slightly closer to you. Can it be that you're tiring before your foe is? Certainly, the bear shows no signs of slowing down. Even the dagger lodged in its chest doesn't seem to affect it in the slightest. Suddenly you feel a newfound sense of respect for the great beast. Grudgingly you must admit that this bear is a worthy foe. Somehow you know that the feeling is mutual.

Then the embers of your fury rise again, but this time you can feel something else gnawing at your mind. Something, deep, fiery and ancient. It's as if your rage has taken shape and form. You can feel how it assaults your reason, demanding death and bloodshed.


[ ] Embrace your fury. Unleash the spirit of carnage.

[ ] Force away your rage and keep pressing the attack. It must tire eventually.

[ ] Force away your rage. Try to distract the bear, then deliver the finishing blow.

[ ] Force away your rage. This beast has earned your respect. You will not slay it.
>> No. 6617
[ ] Embrace your fury. Unleash the spirit of carnage.

RIP AND TEAR!
>> No. 6618
[ ] Force away your rage. This beast has earned your respect. You will not slay it.

Scorn gave us Beer Spider, Norse gives us Megabear.
>> No. 6619
[ ] Force away your rage. Try to distract the bear, then deliver the finishing blow.
>> No. 6620
What Would Colbert Do?
>> No. 6621
[ ] Force away your rage. Try to distract the bear, then deliver the finishing blow.
>> No. 6622
>>6618
Respect him with an honorable death in battle! This is the way for any son of the North!

[+] Force away your rage. Try to distract the bear, then deliver the finishing blow.
>> No. 6623
[ ] Force away your rage. Try to distract the bear, then deliver the finishing blow.
>> No. 6624
[x] Embrace your fury. Unleash the spirit of carnage.

DEVIL TRIGGER!
>> No. 6625
Berserkers (or Berserks) were Norse warriors who wore coats of wolf or bear skin and who were commonly understood to have fought in an uncontrollable rage or trance of fury; the berserkergang, hence the modern word berserk.

[x] Embrace your fury. Unleash the spirit of carnage.
>> No. 6626
[x] Embrace your fury. Unleash the spirit of carnage.

LIMIT BREAK
>> No. 6627
[ ] Force away your rage. Try to distract the bear, then deliver the finishing blow.
>> No. 6628
[ ] Force away your rage. Try to distract the bear, then deliver the finishing blow.
>> No. 6629
[x] Embrace your fury. Unleash the spirit of carnage.

We came here with naught but a single set of clothes. Surely a pair of women would be capable of fashioning a suitable outfit from the pelt of a bear we ourselves have slain.
>> No. 6630
>Scorn gave us Beer Spider, Norse gives us Megabear.

Except David wasn't trying to eat the spider.

[x] Force away your rage. Try to distract the bear, then deliver the finishing blow.
>> No. 6631
[X] Embrace your fury. Unleash the spirit of carnage.

Berserker-Skald choice is too awesome not to choose.
>> No. 6632
[X] Embrace your fury. Unleash the spirit of carnage.

Berserker-Skald?

Hmm..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egill_Skallagrimsson
>> No. 6633
[X] Embrace your fury. Unleash the spirit of carnage.
>> No. 6634
[ ] Embrace your fury. Unleash the spirit of carnage.
Berserkan gaems.
>> No. 6635
Berserk option won. Writing.
>> No. 6636
[ ] Embrace your fury. Unleash the spirit of carnage.


Visions of fire and blood fill your mind. The world is wreathed in a red haze and only bloodlust remains as the beast within is unleashed, snarling and howling for death and carnage. The divine rage causes your muscles to bulge and you chew on your shield in your unreasoning madness.

"YOUR STATURE IS ENORMOUS. LIKEWISE ARE YOUR INTESTINES. RIP AND TEAR! RIP AND TEAR YOUR INTESTINES OUT!" Your demented words ring out through the forest. The unreasoning rage demands they you slay your foe with your own two hands. You drop your dagger and shield and rush the mighty bear.

The great beast's movements now seem sluggish to you. Every detail is perfectly clear, your focus sharpened to a razor's edge by the gift of Odin. It tries to lunge at you, but it is too slow. Or maybe you're too fast. It only takes a second to reach the beast and grapple with it. Then, as your hands find leverage you strain your muscles and send the beast flying through the air. It crashes to the ground and slowly rises, stunned by the force of the impact. It roars at you and rears up, obviously intending to crush you under its bulk.

Irrelevant. You dash in and draw back your fist. As the bear lunges you smash your fist into its ribs.

"HAND OF TYR" Your roar rises to the heavens as you call upon the god of heroes. The impact of your punch stops the bear and even knocks it back. It tumbles to the ground and does not rise.

Slowly, agonizingly the rage subsides. As reason and feeling return, you are hit by a wave of fatigue and dull pain. You slump down on the ground and spend a few minuts catching your breath. You spend another minute collecting your arms. Then you move over to the bear.

It's dead. The force of your punch nearly shattered its ribcage, killing it instantly. You kneel down and offer a prayer to Odin for your worthy foe. You produce the compass Marisa gave you, heft the great carcass over your shoulder and start dragging it back towards Marisa's house.

The journey back is uneventful. You can hear rustling in the bushes, and you spot a few fairies peeking at you, though they're obviously too intimidated to try anything funny. As you reach the clearing you notice that the sun is setting. You must have been out in the woods for at least two hours, or more. Then the only thing that remains is the butchering. Though skinning and butchering a carcass of this size would probably take quite some time.


[ ] Skin and gut the bear yourself. This is work for real men.

[ ] Ask the girls to help. Magic might make this easier.
>> No. 6637
[+] Skin and gut the bear yourself. This is work for real men.
...that, and also the girls have some fairly intricate clothing (lace and ruffles make things a bitch to clean, and bloodstains never fully come out), and would be better off not having to do this when they aren't dressed for the occasion.
>> No. 6638
[ ] Skin and gut the bear yourself. This is work for real men.
>> No. 6639
[x] Skin and gut the bear yourself. This is work for real men.

FUCK YEAH
>> No. 6640
[X] Skin and gut the bear yourself. This is work for real man.
>> No. 6641
[x] Skin and gut the bear yourself. This is work for real men.

NEXT TIME IT WILL BE A FAIRY WE SKIN AND BUTCHER, UNLIMITED FOOD SOURCE.
>> No. 6643
[x] Skin and gut the bear yourself. This is work for real men.

Wouldn't want to insult our hostess by giving her more work to do!
>> No. 6644
[x] Skin and gut the bear yourself. This is work for real men.
>> No. 6645
[x] Skin and gut the bear yourself. This is work for real men.
Though if they want to help, let them.
>> No. 6646
Butcheran gaems are on.
>> No. 6647
We should have gone for smaller game. There's no way three people can eat a bear in one meal, and Gensokyo has no fridges.

In other words, we're gonna have bury a stinking pile of rotten meat.
>> No. 6648
File 12161485834.jpg - (124.85KB , 528x755 , 888a806a.jpg ) [iqdb]
6648
[ ] Skin and gut the bear yourself. This is work for real men.


There's bloody work to be done, and who is better at bloody work than the sons of Odin? You find a rope, tie it around the bear's hind legs and hoist up the massive carcass in a nearby tree. Then the real work begins. You draw one of your daggers, neatly slicing up the bear's stomach. You expertly gut the bear and carefully start cutting out the intestines. Even though you're working carefully your hands and lower arms are quickly stained red with blood and other intestinal fluids.

After a few minutes you hear the front door opening, then Alice and Marisa step out on the porch. Marisa sees you and waves.

"Hey, hey Sigurd. You're back-ze! We were...whoa." Marisa gapes as she notices the massive carcass. "May I ask why you chose to hunt giant bears?" Alice's voice betrays no hint of emotion whatsoever.

"Fortune was against me today." You reply in a deadpan voice "I could find nothing bigger."

Marisa and Alice stare at you for a few moments. Then they both burst out in laughter. For about a minute the clearing echoes with merry laughter.

Alice composes herself first. "Well, you can leave the rest to me. Otherwise you'll be out here all night." You begin to protest, but Alice merely wags a finger at your objections. "Now, now Sigurd. You've done enough for one day I think. Besides, this is merely an exercise in practical anatomy."

Alice snaps her fingers, and suddenly she's surrounded by a large group of dolls, all wielding wicked knives and swords. Small strings flow from Alice's hands and connect with the dolls. Then the puppets start the bloody work. They circle the carcass in perfect harmony, skinning the bear in a few minutes. Then they begin cutting away at the exposed meat, elegantly slicing off various pieces. Alice smiles sweetly at you as she expertly guides her dolls in a bloody dance.

"Hey, Sigurd. You gotta take a bath-ze. You're all bloody and sweaty." Marisa looks disapprovingly at you. You suppose that you might give off a slightly unkempt impression, caked in blood as you are. You don't protest as Marisa ushers you inside and into a small, white-walled room. "Here's the bathtub. This tap's hot water, and that's cold-ze." You don't really understand the rest of the explanation, but the general idea is clear. Some sort of magic at work, you suppose. As you draw the water, Marisa fetches a pile of odd clothes for you. "This is all we could find-ze. It should fit, I guess. Dinner should be ready when you finish up-ze."

After she leaves you wash off the blood and dirt. The bath feels great, much like the hot water springs of Iceland. You relax, feeling your muscles easing up. Truly magic can be a wonderful thing. After a long soak you rise from the tub. You grab a towel and start to dry yourself.


[ ] Get dressed and have dinner.

[ ] Make yourself presentable first.

[ ] Go out wrapped in a towel.
>> No. 6649
[] Make yourself presentable first.
>> No. 6650
[ ] Make yourself presentable first.
>> No. 6651
[x] Coat your body with oil.

Shiny, slippery, ripple viking.
>> No. 6652
[ ] Make yourself presentable first.
>> No. 6653
[X] Make yourself presentable first.
>> No. 6654
[ ] Make yourself presentable first.
>> No. 6655
[ x ] Make yourself presentable first.
>> No. 6656
>>6648
1) I'm a little worried that Alice knows anything at all about how to skin an animal and how and where to get/take assorted cuts of meat from.

2) Norse, any chance you could cut back on the ze's? Like, maybe to about half the number that you currently use for any given post. It's just a bit cra-ze with so many.
>> No. 6658
>>6656

Less -ze? Can be done I suppose. To be honest, I haven't really figured out the proper volume and placement of -ze yet.
_______

Unfortunately I'm too tired to finish tonight. Will post updates tomorrow.

And making yourself presentable won. As I haven't really had any good opportunities to include this critical vote earlier, now would be the natural time.

Beard?

[ ] Yes (specify colour).

[ ] No.
>> No. 6659
[X] Yes (red).
>> No. 6660
What is a viking without a beard?

{X} Yes (red)
>> No. 6661
[x] Yes (rainbow)
>> No. 6662
[X] Yes (red)

Because AWESOME
>> No. 6663
[ ] Yes (red).

A viking with no beard just isn't a proper viking. More like a Visigoth or something.
>> No. 6664
[X] Yes (red)
>> No. 6665
[X] Yes (red).

Also, I think -ze would be good as an end of sentence thing, desu.
>> No. 6666
File 121616216816.jpg - (445.04KB , 1096x1601 , 6666.jpg ) [iqdb]
6666
>> No. 6667
[X] Yes (Blue. It used to be red but...Gensokyo.)
>> No. 6668
[] Yes (red).
>> No. 6669
[X] Yes (pink).
>> No. 6670
[x] Yes (red)
>> No. 6671
>>6658
The -ze should only go at the end of strong declarative sentences, or for style.

>>6656
Alice lives in the forest, and has done so for a long time. And she's often got her nose in books. Doesn't seem odd to me at all that she knows how to skin and prepare an edible animal from said forest.

[X] Yes (red).
I was thinking either this or blonde, but he's Icelandic, so red it is.
>> No. 6672
[𒍣] Yes (red)
>> No. 6673
I hope we get to wear that bear skin.
>> No. 6674
[x] Yes (red)
Dyed in the blood of our foes.
>> No. 6679
[x] Yes (rainbow)

But seriously,
[x] Yes (red)
>> No. 6680
>>6673

I hope it was a youkai bear.

Then we'll have bear powers.
>> No. 6684
[ ] Make yourself presentable first.
[ ] Beard (red).


Wait, you're a guest here. It would be proper to make yourself presentable before arriving at a feast. You wrap your towel around your waist and search the room for grooming instruments.

You start by thoroughly washing your face, making sure to get all blood and dirt out of your hair and beard. You spend a few minutes combing your hair, rubbing in a bit of soap to bleach your locks. When you're satisfied with your hair you start to braid your beard. Mechanically you go through the familiar motions, elegantly tying the ends in a small knot. Strange, you could swear that your beard is longer than it was before your abduction. Shaking off the nagging questions haunting you, you inspect the results of your work in a fine mirror hanging on the wall. Flame-haired and hawk-eyed you look the part of the conquering warlord.

"Let the sky shake and Gensokyo tremble, for a Son of Odin walks the land." You give in to your vanity and strike a heroic pose before the mirror. Whatever challenges this realm will throw at you, let them come.

Finished with your personal grooming you inspect the clothes Marisa left for you. They are very finely made, wowen out of some strange fabrics you can't recognize. The shirt is made from a smooth and soft material, with short sleeves and some odd symbols on it. Strange, it doesn't seem as if they're embroidiered. The shirt is a bit tight, but it fits.

The britches are made from a coarse, blue material with metal buttons. By trial and error you discover how to put them on properly. You marvel at the clothes for a moment. Is this what the people of Gensokyo wear? These clothes are certainly not similar to Alice's or Marisa's elaborate dresses.

You leave the bathroom feeling refreshed and looking forward to dinner with Alice and Marisa. You head off for the dining room in high spirits.

You can hear Alice and Marisa long before you get to the kitchen. They seem to be engaged in a cheerful exchange of veiled insults mixed among more serious conversation. Curiously you can hear your own name being mentioned from time to time. Interesting.

[ ] Listen in to their conversation.

[ ] Heroic entry. No holding back.

[ ] Just go in normally. No need for posturing.
>> No. 6686
[µ] Dynamic entry. No holding back.
>> No. 6687
[X] Just go in normally. No need for posturing.
>> No. 6688
[ ] Just go in normally. No need for posturing.
>> No. 6689
[x] Just go in normally. No need for posturing.
>> No. 6690
[X] Just go in normally. No need for posturing.
>> No. 6691
[x] Just go in normally. No need for posturing.
>> No. 6694
[X] Heroic entry. No holding back.
THE BEAR SLAYER
>> No. 6695
[X] Just go in normally. No need for posturing.
>> No. 6697
[X] Just go in normally. No need for posturing.

I do not recall vikings being exhibitionists outside of battle and festive celebrations.
>> No. 6698
[X] Just go in normally. No need for posturing.
>> No. 6699
[X] Heroic entry. No holding back.
THE BEAR SLAYER
Yes, this.
>> No. 6700
[X] Heroic entry. No holding back.
[X] Ask if they can make a coat out of the Bear Skin.
>> No. 6701
[X] Just go in normally. No need for posturing.

No need to compensate, we're just awesome.
>> No. 6702
[+] Just go in normally. No need for posturing.
I'm sure they're suitably impressed by us already.

Also, Viking in denim jeans is awesome.
>> No. 6703
[x] Just go in normally. No need for posturing.
>> No. 6704
[X] Just go in posturing. No need for normally.
>> No. 6705
>>6704
So you were the one who stole my cotion of ponfusion...
>> No. 6709
[z] Just go in normally. No need to be a faggot.
>> No. 6710
[X] Just go in normally. No need for posturing.
>> No. 6711
[ ] Just go in normally. No need for posturing.


Time to make your entrance. You imagine yourself heroically entering the room, Marisa and Alice swooning at your pure manliness. Then some more reasonable part of your mind recalls the song of the High One.

"Let no man glory in the greatness of his mind,
but rather keep watch o'er his wits.
Cautious and silent let him enter a dwelling;
to the heedful comes seldom harm,
for none can find a more faithful friend
than the wealth of mother wit."

The Allfather's wisdom calms you and gives your thoughts renewed clarity. You are still a stranger here, and some restraint is warranted. This is no time for boasting or grandstanding. And you suspect that a flashy entry would fail to impress the girls in any case. Shaking your head you simply walk through the door.

The dining room is filled with activity. You see Marisa lazing at the table while Alice is busy directing a group of dolls carrying trays and pitchers. Your mouth waters as you smell the delicious scent of cooking meat.

"Hail, ye Givers! a guest is come;
say, where shall he sit within?
Much pressed is he who fain on the hearth
would seek for warmth and weal."

All eyes in the room turn to you as you speak. Alice looks you over and gives you a small smile. Shanghai hovers over and looks at you with wide eyes.

Marisa grins mischieviously at you and whistles. "Lookin' good-ze!" You wink and smile back at her as you walk over to the table and take a seat.

"Dinner's ready." Alice exclaims and joins you. Her puppet waiters set out plates full of delicious-looking food before the three of you. "What would you two like to drink?"


Vote 1: Drink.

[ ] Ale.

[ ] More ale.

[ ] As much ale as possible.

[ ] Something else (specify).

_________________

Vote 2: Conversation

[ ] Suggest that you exchange tales of your mighty deeds.

[ ] Talk about (specify).

[ ] Remain silent and let someone else take the initiative.
>> No. 6712
Aw, no mead?
[X] More ale.

[Y] Suggest that you exchange tales of your mighty deeds.
Surely Marisa's greatness (for varying definitions of "great") is already well-known throughout Gensokyo, but this is what we live for.
>> No. 6715
[X] Ale.

[X] More ale.

[X] As much ale as possible.

[X] Something else (specify). MOAR ALE!

[X] Talk about (specify). Ale.
>> No. 6716
[x] More ale.
[x] Suggest that you exchange tales of your mighty deeds.
>> No. 6717
[x] Moar ale.
[x] Suggest that you exchange tales of your mighty deeds.
>> No. 6718
[x] More ale.
[x] Remain silent and let someone else take the initiative.
>> No. 6719
[x] More ale.
[x] Remain silent and let someone else take the initiative.
>> No. 6720
[x] Super Ale.
[x] Suggest that you exchange tales of your mighty deeds.
>> No. 6721
[] As much ale as possible.
[] Suggest that you exchange tales of your mighty deeds.
>> No. 6722
[ ] Ale.
[ ] More ale.
[ ] Suggest that you exchange tales of your mighty deeds.
>> No. 6723
[X] Ale.

[X] More ale.

[X] As much ale as possible.

[X] Something else (specify). MOAR ALE!

[X] Talk about (specify). Ale.

This.
>> No. 6724
[x] Ale.
[x] More ale.
[x] As much ale as possible.
[x] Talk with Shanghai.
[x] Pet Shanghai.

That Doll needs more love.
>> No. 6725
Vote 1:
[+] Mead

Vote 2:
[+] Suggest that you exchange tales of your mighty deeds.
>> No. 6726
[ ] Tea
[ ] Suggest that you exchange tales of your mighty deeds.
>> No. 6727
Vote 1:
[+] Mead

Vote 2:
[+] Suggest that you exchange tales of your mighty deeds.

I imagine the two girls would probably enjoy talking of their exploits. Unless of course they begin bickering again!
>> No. 6728
>[ ] Tea

ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 6729
Right, I'll call it here. More ale and tales of mighty deeds won.
>> No. 6730
Updates?
>> No. 6731
Last one for tonight. Writing has unfortunately been slow recently due to lack of free time on my part. I'll be free this weekend though, so you can expect more frequent updates.

___________

[ ] More Ale

[ ] Suggest that you exchange tales of your mighty deeds


"Ale." You and Marisa reply in unison. Alice sends a puppet to fetch some strange painted cans. Marisa grabs one and does something to it, causing a strange, hissing sound. You look at Marisa's can, then down at your own. You pull a metal bit at the top and a hole opens in the can. Truly an ingenious contraption.

Having solved this can's riddle you drink deep of the contents. The ale is cool and refreshing, though it tastes a bit strange. But no matter, ale is ale. You quickly drain the can and set it down on the table. Grabbing a second one you decide to try out Alice's cooking.

The meat is tender and tasty. Truly there is no satisfaction quite like the one felt when eating the meat of a beast you've killed with your own hands. You suddenly feel the urge to tell a tale. Indeed, is it not customary to swap tales at feasts like this?

"Friends, I bid you listen. Hear the words of Sigurd song-smith." You pause and take a swig of ale. Alice and Marisa look at you expectantly. "When in company of mighty ones tales are told and traded. Songs are sung 'neath high hall's roof. For ill to make the measure of a man, unless his deeds are known." You stop and drain your can of ale. Another one is provided for you.

"All right-ze!" Marisa interjects. "I 've got a really awesome story." Somehow you suspected that Marisa isn't the kind of girl who'd let her deeds go unsung. "It was in the spring a few years ago, when a lot of flowers suddenly started blooming. Naturally I had to investigate, because I'm such a nice and helpful gal..."

She begins a long tale involving strange flowers, lost souls and beating up half a dozen people whose names you don't recognize.

"...and then this green-haired girl starts lecturing me. Can you imagine? Just because she was the judge of the dead, she thought she could scold me! Of course I kicked her ass-ze!" Marisa's words begin to slur as she finishes her tale, the alcohol obviously catching up with her. "And that's how I saved all of Gensokyo!" She grins at you. You note that Alice doesn't seem very impressed by Marisa's claims of heroism.

However, something about her tale bothers you. Are not the Allfather's Valkyries the choosers of the slain? All this does seem...wrong somehow.


[ ] Ask Marisa about this judge of the dead.

[ ] Ask Alice to tell a story.

[ ] Tell a story yourself.
>> No. 6732
[ ] Ask Alice to tell a story.
>> No. 6733
[x] Ask Marisa about this judge of the dead.
[x] Ask Alice to tell a story.
[x] Tell a story yourself.

WALL TIME MAKE ME A WALL
>> No. 6734
[x] Ask Marisa about this judge of the dead.
[x] Ask Alice to tell a story.
[x] Tell a story yourself.

WALL TIME! MAKE ME A WALL
Seconded.
>> No. 6735
[x] Ask Marisa about this judge of the dead.
[x] Ask Alice to tell a story.
[x] Tell a story yourself.

Weekend WALL.
>> No. 6736
[x] Ask Marisa about this judge of the dead.
[x] Ask Alice to tell a story.
[x] Tell a story yourself.

For every choice i want a one MAXIMUM post WALL
I don't care if you need 2 or 3 days to fnish this.
>> No. 6738
[x] Ask Marisa about this judge of the dead.
[x] Ask Alice to tell a story.
[x] Tell a story yourself.

Though I don't like agreeing with faggots, we might as well get the exchanges done in one burst rather than stretching it over options.

>>6736
>>6735
>>6733

Can't you guys try not to sound so retarded? I'd be on the verge of accusing same-faggotry here if I didn't have a feeling otherwise.
>> No. 6739
>Can't you guys try not to sound so retarded?

TouhouProject - Home of the finest faggotry the internet has to offer.
>> No. 6741
[x] Ask Marisa about this judge of the dead.
[x] Ask Alice to tell a story.
[x] Tell a story yourself.

>>6738
They want a wall, they're excited about the story, who cares. As long as they aren't making retarded votes.
>> No. 6742
[x] Ask Marisa about this judge of the dead.
[x] Ask Alice to tell a story.
[x] Tell a story yourself.

Mr. Norseman, build up this wall!
>> No. 6743
File 121646166965.gif - (3.11KB , 400x400 , Epic_fail_guy.gif ) [iqdb]
6743
Well shit. It appears as if I totally forgot to mention that multivoting isn't allowed for this one.

As there is no reasonable way to combine these answers without radical changes in the plot, I have to call a revote. I'm deeply sorry for this inconvenience.
>> No. 6744
>>6743
[x] Ask Marisa about this judge of the dead.
Marisa would be the best choice for Sigurd.
>> No. 6745
[X] Ask Alice to tell a story.
>> No. 6746
[x] Ask Alice to tell a story.
We know how PoFV went.
>> No. 6747
[x] Ask Marisa about this judge of the dead.
>> No. 6749
[x] Ask Marisa about this judge of the dead.
>> No. 6750
[x] Ask Alice to tell a story.
>> No. 6751
[x] Ask Alice to tell a story.
>> No. 6752
[x] Ask Alice to tell a story.

We'll figure out the spiritual power structure later.
>> No. 6753
[x] Ask Alice to tell a story.
propably SWR. must have fully translated dialogue. no conclusion
>> No. 6754
Alice's story won. Writing.

Again, I'm sorry for fucking up. That's what you get when posting while half-asleep I guess.
>> No. 6755
File 12165097677.jpg - (190.35KB , 1280x960 , 5c8a37d8.jpg ) [iqdb]
6755
Right-O. Time to kick the plot in motion.

And always remember the Allfather's wisdom.

_________

Now is not the time for idle musing over theology. There are stories to be told and ale to be drunk.

"A tale worthy of the heroes of old." Your praise evokes a goofy grin from Marisa. "Fair Alice, have you a tale of daring deeds?" You turn to the blue-red puppetmaker with your question.

Alice looks at you quizzically. "I have done one or two things of note here in Gensokyo. But I don't think I shall tell you about that. Rather I would like to tell you about a doll and a book." Her words are slightly slurred, but her eyes are clear as crystal when she meets your gaze. Marisa snorts and rolls her eyes. Alice ignores her completely.

"When I was about six or seven years old, my mother gave me a doll. It really wasn't special in any way, not even particularly well made. Even so I loved that doll, because it was my mother who gave it to me." Alice's gaze is distant, lost in memories.

"I guess you could say that I loved the doll because I loved my mother. She was so very kind to me. Maybe that's why I started crafting dolls, to remember that feeling?" Now even Marisa is starting to pay attention.

Alice's expression is dreamy as she spins her words. "You know, there is a book called 'Alice in Wonderland'. I read that when I was young, and I told my mother how nice it would be to adventure in Wonderland. She told me that I could do that if I was a good girl." Alice sighs and shakes her head.

"But that's not the book I wanted to tell you about." Alice's voice suddenly hardens. "When I was older, thirteen I believe, some...intruders came to my mother's realm." She shoots a sharp glance at Marisa, who suddenly blushes and looks away. "They defeated my mother. She was hurt pretty bad." Alice draws a deep breath to calm herself and continues.

"As I said, my mother owned a book." Suddenly there is an oppressive force in the room. You think you can make out something rectangular shimmering in the air behind Alice. "It was a terrible thing that book. I was so angry at those who had hurt my mother that I opened it." The shimmer in the air solidifies as Alice speaks, taking the form of an iron-bound tome wrapped in a red band with shining, golden runes on the cover. It hovers behind Alice's shoulder, silent and intimidating. Marisa fliches when she sees it, her face suddenly very pale.

"The intruders had sealed the path to my mother's realm, but that was no obstacle. I easily found the intruders and defeated them." Her voice is frost and iron. "I defeated them, and I closed the book. Only then did I see what I'd done." Suddenly the book shimmers and disappears. Alice's voice is barely above a whisper as she continues.

"And then, I found out that the way back was sealed. And I dared not open the book again. Ironically, I was trapped in wonderland." A single tear rolls down Alice's cheek, glittering like a fallen star in the candlelight.

"You told me that you wanted revenge earlier, when you asked about Yukari Yakumo. It tastes bitter you know. Are you sure you want to experience it?"

Utter silence follows her words. Marisa stares at Alice in confusion. Alice stares at you, awaiting your reply.


[ ] Write-in only
>> No. 6756
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Something clever something clever what do you say fuck fuck fuck shit balls ass cocks...

[X] "Revenge may be bitter, but as you have found yourself in this world without a way home, you at least have your vengeance. Allow me to give meaning to the void left in my home by this wench, lest I see my tale end without even that."

Someone please make this less awkward.
>> No. 6757
[x] "Valhalla holds no regrets, only glory. I strive for the same."

Who cares about the past when you can live a life of hedonism? Be a viking, Alice!
>> No. 6758
[x] Revenge is always a dish best served cold. Although the taste is always as uncertain as Loki and his tricks.
>> No. 6760
[waka] "Valhalla holds no regrets, only glory. I strive for the same."

This works. Suitably viking, and doesn't become awkward. I hope.
>> No. 6761
[x] "Valhalla holds no regrets, only glory. I strive for the same."

CLENCH YOUR TEETH, ALICE
>> No. 6762
>>[x] "Valhalla holds no regrets, only glory. I strive for the same."

by saying this do we mean to stop seeking revenge on Yukari?
>> No. 6763
>>6762

Why would it? Drawing a parallel between killing all day, and feasting all night to living hedonistically for the moment in life would imply more that we'd crusade to kill her, succeed, and revel in the glory until we find something else to kill.
>> No. 6764
[x] "Valhalla holds no regrets, only glory. I strive for the same."
>> No. 6765
>>6763
Possible Yukari route?
>> No. 6766
[x] "Valhalla holds no regrets, only glory. I strive for the same."
Drawing a parallel between killing all day, and feasting all night to living hedonistically for the moment in life would imply more that we'd crusade to kill her, succeed, and revel in the glory until we find something else to kill.
That's about it, I guess.
>> No. 6769
>>6766
[x] "Valhalla holds no regrets, only glory. I strive for the same."

I have no idea what we're trying to accomplish with this, but I'll ride a bandwagon.
>> No. 6770
[x] "Valhalla holds no regrets, only glory. I strive for the same."
>> No. 6771
Writing now. Will be starting new thread as well.