[Return]
Archived Thread

File 121295289971.jpg - (41.51KB , 400x400 , 1212529741403.jpg ) [iqdb]
4638 No. 4638
You awaken with a start.

Jerking bolt upright with a whooping gasp for breath you snap open your eyes and go ridged, heart racing and mind abuzz. You don't feel like you've slept at all, rather your consciousness was simply suspended then reconnected without any merging in between, like a frame of film simply spliced from one scene to the next with no continuity. But you still feel refreshed and alert too.

Withing seconds your mind assimilates it's surrounding, you had expected Alice would lock you up in some dungeon or cell, yet here you are sat in that same bed as yesterday in the same spare room wearing the same powder blue night shirt. There on the familiar side table are those items you left behind, minus the rose, and a jug of water with a glass. In the corner you see your clothes folded up neatly on the floor next to your shoes, beyond that is a try lined with food.

Then it hits, an agonizing emptiness that racks your body with a hollow pain purging thought and reason, in a wild survival instinct you fling yourself from the bed towards the food. But you lack any energy, your limbs feel frail and light with nothing to power them and your head spins dizzyingly. In the haze of hunger you realize you haven't eaten since yesterday and that all you had was toast and tea, your body has been pushed to the limited repeatedly the last two days and now you pay the price as you are forced to drag yourself towards the tantalizing meal on the tray. You were foolish to think of running yesterday, you would've collapsed so easily it's frightening. Swearing to never allow yourself to get in this state again you crawl over to the tray.

Laid out on a range of small plates are a variety of meats, cheeses and bread with a pot of cold tea to wash it down. Ravenously you attack the food, barely chewing as you swallow fistfuls of the life giving matter washed down with liberal glugs of green tea. Like an animal you hunch over your meal gorging yourself, ignoring the pains in your stomach.

It's delicious, it's the best meal you've ever eaten in your life, the flavors burn with the vitality of existence and fill your belly with a sickening feeling of fulfillment. You almost vomit it back up from rushing, but sheer determination and celebration of life makes sure it's stays down.

The food finished and the tea drained, you stand more steadily on your feet and pour your self a glass of water too. The crystal liquid slides down your throat refreshing your body and mind, greedily you drink the water until it runs down your neck.

Sated you return to the bed to digest and brood, your stomach gurgles in protest at the sudden task you've given it but you refuse to acknowledge even the slightest feeling of queasiness.

You're alive, stupid to think you wouldn't be, but last night there were a few times when you're sure you felt the icy hand of death creeping up your shoulder. What's more is you're apparently free, to some extent at least, as you expected Alice to confine you more carefully this time. But by the simple fact she's left you in this spare room with no obvious guard or confinement shows she either no longer wishes to detain you, or doesn't fear your escape.

A quick glance out the window shows it's early morning, just after sun rise and that the weather has cleared into a tentatively bright day. Pools of rain water shine with the reflection of the waking sun and the trees still drip with fresh drops of the storm, but all this holds the promise of being gone by midday.

When the grumbling of your belly has passed you get up and get changed back into your clothes, wanting to discard Alice's nightshirt quickly, you grab those items by the bed, drink another glass of water and then sit down again to ponder what to do with yourself.

____

[ ] Leave as soon as possible, even if you have to go through her.
[ ] Find Alice first, you need to talk.
[ ] Sneak out at the first opportunity.
[ ] Avoid Alice for now, but stay and do something else (such as eat some more or check a room in the house)

---

Still got the pain in my chest, but it's a little better now at least. I'll try to be punctual but I'm very lethargic right now so be warned.

>> No. 4639
ABOUT TIME, NIGGER

Nah, I'm just playin'. You know we don't totally hate you.

[X] Find Alice first, you need to talk.

"So... You're not going to torture me?"
>> No. 4640
[X] See if the window will open, to test out whether or not you're still confined to the house.
[X] Try and summon your rose again, just in case.

Either way, afterwards:

[X] Find Alice first, you need to talk.

Boy do we ever need to talk.
>> No. 4641
[X] Search room for dolls. She has to have put spys somewhere.
[X] See if the window will open, to test out whether or not you're still confined to the house.
[X] Try and summon your rose again, just in case.
>> No. 4642
[X] Find Alice first, you need to talk.
We need to talk with her before this escalates even further, don't want another MiG here.
>> No. 4643
[X] See if the window will open, to test out whether or not you're still confined to the house.
No matter if it is, after you've checked:
[X] Find Alice, you need to talk.
>> No. 4645
[X] See if the window will open, to test out whether or not you're still confined to the house.
[X] Try and summon your rose again, just in case.
>> No. 4646
[X] Find Alice first, you need to talk.
Talking Games.
>> No. 4647
[ x ] Find Alice first, you need to talk.
>> No. 4648
>>4644

Alice refused to let us go, went batshit insane, Dave escaped to Alice's secret lair where she had voodoo dolls of Alice, Marisa and Dave with a red string between Dave and Alice's dolls (look up the symbolism of the red string elsewhere). Also, white pins in Alice and Dave dolls, red pins in Marisa doll. Dave takes out pins and snaps string, goes back to Alice who casts sleep on Dave.
>> No. 4649
[x] Search room for dolls. She has to have put spys somewhere.
[x] See if the window will open, to test out whether or not you're still confined to the house.
[x] Try and summon your rose again, just in case.

>>4644

Went to town, Ran into Alice
Went to visit her house
She lied to Marisa that we weren't here
Tried to charm us when we confronted her
Chased us through her house into her creepy voodoo room
Knocked us out

Also, we stood up Wriggle.
>> No. 4650
[X] Find Alice first, you need to talk.
Might as well.
>> No. 4651
>>4644

tl;dr

David finds out that Alice lied to him about being able to go back to Marisa in the rainstorm while listening through the door in the bathroom. David proceeds to call out Alice on her deception and finds out that she employed magic to make herself more charming and likable to him. Alice goes into yandere mode and David bolts into her locked room. He finds ragdolls that look like himself, Marisa and Alice, with what can be seen, the red thread of fate tied to himself and Alice. Also there are some black pins stuck into the chest of the Marisa doll, whereas there are white pins in the Alice and David doll. David rips all the pins out and breaks the red thread of fate connecting them. Alice breaks down the door and knockouts David with magic.
>> No. 4652
[X] See if the window will open, to test out whether or not you're still confined to the house.
[X] Find Alice, you need to talk.
>> No. 4653
>>4649
>>4648
FUCK!! I missed some major climax!!
>> No. 4654
[x] Search room for dolls. She has to have put spys somewhere.
[x] See if the window will open, to test out whether or not you're still confined to the house.
[x] Try and summon your rose again, just in case.
>> No. 4655
[x] Find Alice first, you need to talk.
>> No. 4656
[X] See if the window will open, to test out whether or not you're still confined to the house.
[X] Try and summon your rose again, just in case.
[X] Find Alice, you need to talk.

Hopefully we cured her crazed obsession with us by undoing the dolls, and then once she calmed down, she realized that she'd gone over the edge.
>> No. 4657
>>4651
>>4649
>>4648
In light of new revelations, changing my original vote to:

[X] See if the window will open, to test out whether or not you're still confined to the house.
[X] Leave as soon as possible, even if you have to go through her.

Drugged food should take effect in 5... 4... 3...
>> No. 4658
>>4649
>Ran into Alice
oho!

[x] Find Alice first, you need to talk.
>> No. 4659
File 121295485716.jpg - (14.58KB , 200x228 , 1192777548753.jpg ) [iqdb]
4659
>>4658
>> No. 4660
[x] Find Alice first, you need to talk.
>> No. 4661
[X] See if the window will open, to test out whether or not you're still confined to the house.
[X] Try and summon your rose again, just in case.
[X] Find Alice, you need to talk.

Good things to check. Best to prepare ourself before confronting her.
>> No. 4662
[] See if the window will open, to test out whether or not you're still confined to the house.
[] Try and summon your rose again, just in case.
[] Find Alice, you need to talk.

Since she did the stuff on her own doll, it might have amplified any feelings she had for us already, and made her go into creepy-stalker-mode.
>> No. 4663
[ ] Sneak out at the first opportunity.
Open a window and crawl out. Go find Marisa and explain all this shit. Maybe she'll forgive David?

Hopefully we won't see Wriggle on the way, as she could be angry enough to make David her next meal.
>> No. 4664
[x] Search room for dolls. She has to have put spys somewhere.
[x] See if the window will open, to test out whether or not you're still confined to the house.
[x] Try and summon your rose again, just in case.

The above gives us more cachet for when we negotiate over what story to give Marisa, Wriggle, etc.

[X] Find Alice, you need to talk.
>> No. 4665
[x] Find Alice first, you need to talk.
>> No. 4666
File 121295643539.jpg - (30.80KB , 375x400 , 1212449222045.jpg ) [iqdb]
4666
Okay, first let's assume that she's still trying to confine you here and that the room is being monitored in some shape or form. Firstly you check the room for dolls squirreled away some where watching you, but the room is pretty sparse and bare with no where to hide. It seems clear, but when you open the door a crack to check outside you see a single one of those "Hourai Hanged Dolls" floating on the opposite side of the corridor facing the door, so she's keeping an eye on where you are but not what you're doing.

In the face of that you go to the window and attempt to open it, there's a latch that when unbolted should slide the window pane open but as much as you twist it won't budge. Running your hands over the window frame and the glass you check for weak points and try to assess how easy it would be to break, it looks solid and as your hands touch it you feel an odd sensation. You've experienced enough magic to sense it when you encounter it now, Alice has sealed this exit closed as she did the front door last time. You wonder if the entire house is protected this way; you also note that you are in fact on the second and not the third floor, the room just looked identical.

With the rose gone you don't think you can pull any feats of magic, that leaves Alice with a good deal of sway over you until you can get a hold of it. Getting into focus is natural now, but whatever you try you cannot call it to your hand, something is preventing that from happening. Alice must have it with her or near her, you're certain it's in the house at the very least.

So, you're being watched but not closely, you're sealed in right now and you are disarmed. With your situation established you fix yourself up and exit the room.

The doll watches the door impassively with red glass eyes, the detail on her is exquisite but unsettling as she has an aura of hostility about her. Yet as you walk out of her field of vision you notice she doesn't turn to watch you or follow, she just gazes endlessly at the door, you wonder what that may mean.

____

[ ] Tamper with the doll
[ ] Ignore it and look for Alice in:

[ ] Her bed room
[ ] The living roomkitchen
[ ] Study
[ ] Workshop

___

Gotta pack some things up for moving day, more on that later.
>> No. 4668
[x] Tamper with the doll

Shanghai didn't have any underwear. Maybe this one does?
>> No. 4669
[ ] Tamper with the doll.
>> No. 4670
[X] Ignore it and look for Alice in:
[X] The living roomkitchen.

First place we'd usually head after waking. Knowing what she's tried to pull on us, the bedroom would be a bad idea.
>> No. 4671
[ ] Ignore it and look for Alice in:
[ ] Her bed room
Let's just give in to Alice, it will not be that bad.
>> No. 4672
[ ] Tamper with the doll.

"...Yup, no panties."
>> No. 4673
[x] Tamper with the doll
>> No. 4674
[X] See if the window will open, to test out whether or not you're still confined to the house.
[X] Try and summon your rose again, just in case.
[X] Find Alice, you need to talk.

I concurr.
>> No. 4675
>>4674
Oh fuck I got slowpoke'd.
>> No. 4676
[ ] Tamper with the doll
>> No. 4677
[ ] Tamper with the doll

Search for a string, so we may control it!
>> No. 4678
[ ] Ignore it and look for Alice in:
[ ] Study
>> No. 4679
[ ] Tamper with the doll
>> No. 4680
[ ] Tamper with the doll
how is our hotglue gun?
>> No. 4681
>>4680
Not as good as Shirou's , but Dave can manage
>> No. 4682
>>4671

Some of us want to retain our free will. Also, some of us think Alice deserves more than an artificial love.

[X] Tamper with the doll.
>> No. 4683
[x] Ignore it and look for Alice in:
[x] Study

Tampering with the doll is probably a bad idea
>> No. 4684
>>4683
>Tampering with the doll is probably a bad idea

Which is exactly why we should do it. If it hurts us then we know more about how her security works. It also might make her ease off a bit if she thinks we got hurt on accident rather than in an escape attempt.
>> No. 4686
[ ] Ignore it and look for Alice in:
[ ] Her bed room
I'm sure David is rather fond of his hands. If Alice isn't in her bedroom, then try the living roomkitchen.
>> No. 4687
>>4682
She will do what we want in no time and we can talk her into things she would never want to do, with the fear of losing us if she doesn't do what we want.
>> No. 4688
[ ] Tamper with the doll
>> No. 4689
[ ] Ignore it and look for Alice in:
[ ] The living roomkitchen
I'm sure she's cooking, or cleaning, or pretending we're a happy family or something.
>> No. 4690
>>4689
oh god so moeyandere i died
>> No. 4691
[x] Call out for Alice.
>> No. 4692
Even though I voted for tampering with the doll, one has to wonder if Alice will be able to notice us tampering with it and then our element of surprise is ruined.
>> No. 4693
[x] Tamper with the doll.

It's likely only set to observe our movement, with the intent of intimidation. She has already gone to great lengths to disarm and jail us in this contrived manner; there's no reason for the doll to be set to actually attack us.

The only way we can gain an edge here is to call her on her bluffs, or otherwise fuck with her head.
>> No. 4694
>>4692
Theres no reason it would be there other than to watch us. Even if she can't see through it's eyes it could just send her some kind of signal informing her that we left our room. The element of surprise was probably gone the moment we opened the door.
>> No. 4695
>>4694

Then we definately need a good way to surprise Alice and the doll... Slightly opening the door and then kicking it open to knock the doll away would work
>> No. 4696
Seeing as the doll looks inactive you decide to inspect it further, you reason it's only to get a better idea of how they work should you face one later on.

She's pretty much an exact copy of Shanghai, but a copy none the less. Shangahi is stunning in the level of detail and her unnaturally human like appearance, she's easily Alice's finest work, but this doll is clearly a doll. It lacks the verve or liveliness of Shanghai, rather it hangs motionless in the air with an ever present frown painted on her face that makes her radiate hostility.

At first glance one would say she is made of porcelain but a soldier doll would have to be made of tougher stuff than that, she wears a copy of Shanghai's dress but in darker shades of red and blue with a suit of armor over that. It would almost look comical or adorable if it wasn't for the fact the armor is made of very real looking steel, as does the intensely sharp looking lance she holds in one hand.

Carefully you reach out your hand to take hold of its arm, to see what reaction she makes. She doesn't move an inch as you take hold of its free arm and lift it slightly, when you let go it sags naturally to its side. Next you gently lift the hair from the nape of its neck, like Shanghai it has Alice's signature and it's own name written there. Emboldened by this you try taking the lance from its ha-

WHOOSH

Moving too fast for you to see it bats your reaching hand out of the way with a sweeping blow from the bottom of its lance, quickly you withdraw and it goes back to a neutral stance. On your hand a small purple bruise shaped like a circle is forming, it seems the dolls have a limited level of self defense programmed into them. She didn't react until you did something that could be considered hostile, such as disarming her.

Well, that calls your study of it short as you do not wish to risk antagonizing it further, it doesn't seem to be inclined to do anything to you unless you do something first. Rubbing your hand you decide to look for Alice as was your intention.

___

[ ] Look for Alice in: (BedroomKitchenLiving roomMusic roometc)
[ ] Give up for now and _____

----

May as well tell you now, at the moment I'm boxing up a few of my things for storage as on the 20th this month I'm moving out of my current place to move into a new house on the 1st of July. Over the period in between I'll be living with ma' and pa' who don't have an internet connection, so no updates over that period and probably after too until I can arrange an internet provider in the new house.
>> No. 4697
[ ] Look for Alice in: Kitchen
>> No. 4698
I wonder if we could move the doll without setting of it's self-defense programming. Maybe we could somehow get it to consider the window or the walls a threat and create an escape route.
>> No. 4699
[x] Look for Alice in: (BedroomKitchenLiving room)
>> No. 4700
[ ] Look for Alice in: Kitchen
>> No. 4701
[ ] Look for Alice in: Kitchen
>> No. 4702
[x] Look for Alice in: Bedroom
What to do while trapped in a house with an obsessive marionette? I wonder, I wonder.
>> No. 4703
[X] Look for Alice in: Kitchen

We really need to have that talk with her.
>> No. 4704
[x] Look for Alice in: Bedroom
Rape time, Alice raping David is fine too.
>> No. 4705
>>4696
But Scorn, where will we get our scat and despair without you?
>> No. 4706
>>4705

If there's ever a need and Scorn's not around, I am up to the task.
>> No. 4707
[x] Look for Alice in: (Kitchen)

bandwagon vote
>> No. 4708
[x] Look for Alice in: Kitchen
>> No. 4709
[X] Call for Tewi
>> No. 4710
>>4705
I'll have the occasional chance to post at my brother's or mate's houses which are both within walking distance of my childhood home, don't expect LA updates but I reckon I'll crank out some horror this period.

My mate will probably fuel some great stuff, he's piratically illiterate but his mind is an excellent synergy to mine, prepare yourselves.

Keep voting I have boxes to fill.
>> No. 4711
>>4710
No need to write, but if you get a chance to get online, just tell us how you're doing, that you're around, you know, that stuff. The stuff that will cause the next poster to say I'm sucking your cock.
>> No. 4712
[x] Look for Alice in: Kitchen
>> No. 4713
[x] Look for Alice in: Bedroom
If we choose wrong, are we just going to get a wasted post and then another 'Look in room x' choice? Hopefully not.
>> No. 4714
File 121296256291.jpg - (285.54KB , 800x600 , bg07b1.jpg ) [iqdb]
4714
>>4713
The chicken sandwich shop.
There was no sign of anyone there.
Just in case, I peeked inside.
Of course, there was no one there.
This place was a waste of time.
I decided to go elsewhere.
>> No. 4716
>>4662
>Since she did the stuff on her own doll, it might have amplified any feelings she had for us already, and made her go into creepy-stalker-mode.

That's ...actually a rather good theory...
Depends how experienced with this kind of magic she is, and if she'd factored that in or not.
>> No. 4717
[x] Look for Alice in: Kitchen
>> No. 4718
File 121296442114.png - (454.52KB , 700x500 , 1212191774847.png ) [iqdb]
4718
>>4714

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAGEE AND NOSTAAAALGIAAAAAAAA
>> No. 4719
Wary of the impassive doll as you walk past it, you head down stairs and towards the kitchen.

It feels different today, for one thing there isn't the ever present hiss of rain constantly battering your senses, it makes the quiet of the house much less oppressive as you can hear the sound of bird song from beyond these walls. It gives you hope and boost your moral to know that nature isn't against you any longer.

But it is still totally silent within the house, every once in a while you'll pass another one of those Hourai dolls posted at various points in the house counting three more in all as you finally enter the kitchen. Like the first not one of them moves or looks at you when you approach them, although you refrain from screwing with any of them after what happened before.

You start to wonder as to why they don't react, you know Alice is more than capable of controlling a veritable horde of dolls when she needs to, upon arriving in the kitchen you notice how early it still is. Perhaps she still sleeps?

You become aware once again that you are hungry as you cast around for something to kill time in the kitchen, not the starving condition of before but you're still hungry enough to eat a decent meal. So, deciding Alice at least owes you a few more meals you set about making something to eat again. You don't hold back either, there's still a fire in the grill because gently warming over it is a pot of what seems to be left overs of last night's meal.

Alice probably didn't eat much or made some for you expecting you to wake up sooner, regardless you serve up a dish full of the stuff. Some kind of Chinese sauce with beef and bean sprouts, it tastes good enough if a bit thick from simmering so long. Filling that last spot of empty in your stomach you sit back when finished and enjoy the warm glow of being full.

After you eat you hear a few shuffling noises upstairs followed by foot steps coming down, they sound sluggish though, Alice has stirred it would seem.

___

[ ] Bust out of here while you still got the chance!
[ ] Wait for Alice to come to you
[ ] Go meet Alice now
[ ] Hide from her
>> No. 4720
[x] Wait for Alice to come to you
>> No. 4721
[x] Wait for Alice to come to you

I'd think it pointless to try and escape when it looks like it would just be a huge waste of energy.
>> No. 4722
[] Wait for Alice to come to you
>> No. 4723
[x] Wait for Alice to come to you
>> No. 4724
[x] Wait for Alice to come to you
>> No. 4725
[x] Wait for Alice to come to you
>> No. 4726
[x] Wait for Alice to come to you
Not really enthusiastic about Alice right now. So let's just sit there.
>> No. 4727
[x] Wait for Alice to come to you
>> No. 4728
[x] Wait for Alice to come to you
>> No. 4729
[X] Wait for Alice to come to you.

"Well GOOD MORNING, dear. How did you sleep?"

With all the venom we can muster. Especially for the sleep question, as a way to imply that what she's doing is so wrong that she shouldn't be able to sleep at night.
>> No. 4730
[x] Wait for Alice to come to you

Place's probably locked all over anyway. Trying to escape will only serve to piss her off if she sees us attempting it.

Let's just wait for her.
>> No. 4731
[ ] Wait for Alice to come to you
As much as I'm enjoying this little lockdown she's got us under, eventually Marisa/Reimu/the beer spider's going to come over, and all hell's likely to break loose.
>> No. 4732
File 121296671910.jpg - (29.22KB , 512x362 , 1203221449680.jpg ) [iqdb]
4732
Fuck it, she's got eyes all over the house so she must know where you are by now anyway right? I mean you passed a doll in the living room on the way to the kitchen so she surely saw you or something. So rather than run off to confront her you try to get comfortable meeting her on your terms, even if it is in her own house, let her come to you. Getting up to boil a kettle of water you reckon tea will perhaps loosen the atmosphere some what at least.

First comes Shangahi, floating through the air to watch you quietly from the corner of the room with her arms folded neatly in front of her, it's amazing but you're certain she looks sad even though her face is totally impassive. You give her a little nod, no reason to be mad at little miss moe doll after all, she responds with a slight bow.

After her comes Alice, walking slowly she enters the room letting an arm trail against the door frame. She looks like a mess, her hair is scattered and frazzled like she hasn't even thought of fixing it today, her lips are cracked and dry, her skin is drawn and pale making her look sickly, her clothes are loose and wrinkled, her eyes are red and bleary as if she had gotten no sleep or was crying all night.

Those rheumy eyes watch you quietly for a while, who knows what thoughts pass through that head as she gazes at you unhappily, but finally in a voice quite clearly in need of a drink she speaks in a haggard tone.

"We will talk in a moment, I am taking a bath."

With that she begins to slowly make her way towards the bath room, Shanghai in tow. A wave of pity rocks your heart, even though she had wronged you greatly she is also clearly in a lot of distress right now as well. Plus she isn't openly hostile at the sight of you so that means that not matter what has happened so far, she isn't likely to kill you just yet.

You don't understand what her intentions are right now, but you find yourself uncertain as to how you feel about this girl. To have love forced on you is a concept so wrong your mind flinches from it, yet you can't deny it's flattering even so, but it leaves you cold with a kind of anger too. Seeing her so disheveled evokes some compassion in you as well, you're reminded of when you first met. She didn't seem to be trying anything then, you're attraction was genuine back then so should it really be any different should you be able to square things with her? Or is what she did irredeemable?

As these thoughts race around in your mind you watch her shamble through the kitchen, you aren't certain of how she feels towards you. But perhaps you can show her something you're of your own thoughts. Or you could concentrate your energies else where.

_____

[ ] Give Alice a drink.
[ ] Rage at her!
[ ] Ignore her as she passes.
[ ] Wait until she's gone, then escape.
[ ] Take a bath with Alice.
[ ] Explore the house while she's occupied (pick a room)
>> No. 4734
[ x ] Ignore her as she passes.

C-c-c-c-c-cold shoulder!
>> No. 4735
[X] Give Alice a drink.

She needs one. We can talk once she's presentable.
>> No. 4736
[x] Give Alice a drink.

Might as well since we got up to get her one.
>> No. 4737
[x] Give Alice a drink.

Taking a bath is tempting though.
>> No. 4738
[ ] Give Alice a drink.
>> No. 4739
>>4734

[ x ] Ignore her as she passes.

Its super-effective!
>> No. 4740
[x] Give Alice a drink.

It's the gentlemanly thing to do.
>> No. 4741
[x] Ignore her as she passes.
[x] Have a drink ready for her when she returns
Let her take a bath before anything else, at least so she has a chance to get herself together. Meanwhile, if we're going to talk we might as well have a drink ready.
>> No. 4742
[X] Give Alice a drink.
>> No. 4743
[x] Ignore her as she passes.
She's still keeping us prisoner and there's really no reason to reward this kind of behavior.
>> No. 4744
[x] Give Alice a drink, remain impassive. "You sound like you need it."
Courtesy and willingness to have a serious discussion. Don't get too nice, now.
>> No. 4745
[ ] Give Alice a drink.

in before Stockholm syndrome
>> No. 4746
>>4744

[x] Give Alice a drink, remain impassive.

I might just be paranoid, but Alice might take "You sound like you need it." the wrong way and fuel some hostility there.
>> No. 4747
[x] Sigh and give Alice a drink.
>> No. 4748
[X] Give Alice a drink.
But say NOTHING until she does.

Compassion only works so long.
>> No. 4749
[] Give Alice a drink, remain impassive. "You sound like you need it."

This works.
>> No. 4750
[x] Give Alice a drink.

Antagonizing our captor can only hurt us. Make her think she can trust us, make her let her guard down.
>> No. 4751
[x] Give Alice a drink.
>> No. 4752
I still think we can solve this problem peacefully, just by talking.
If that fails we have to slap some sense into her.
>> No. 4753
Water won, writing.
>> No. 4754
>>4753
I thought you meant alcohol. Fine too, though, etc.
>> No. 4755
[X] Take a bath with Alice.
>> No. 4756
File 121296999748.jpg - (54.68KB , 657x657 , 1208722082525.jpg ) [iqdb]
4756
"Wait."

You wrestled with your feelings as she crossed the room like a waif, but just before she left you called out. She stops and looks at you, without returning her gaze and working quickly as possible you grab a glass and fill it with cool, clear water then hand it to her wordlessly. Not even looking at her, but you know she hesitates with a hand half way out to accepting but restrained by her self.

Finally you feel the glass taken from you and hear Alice drink it slowly, still keeping your head turned from her. Shit, this whole thing just confuses the hell out of you, but you can't watch her stumble around like that and not do anything.

Eventually the glass is returned with a very quiet and small "Thank you.", you don't even watch her leave the room as you wash the glass and replace it.

Time passes, the tea is brewed as you wait impatiently for Alice to finish her bath, you understand ladies need their space when it comes to freshening up but even for a woman Alice is starting to take her time in the fucking bathroom. Maybe she's avoiding you? You have half a mind to go in there after her.

Just as you're plucking up the courage to bust the door down and drag her out she appears again in the doorway, looking slightly better now. Her eyes are less red but still bleary, her hair in proper order and her clothes smooth and neat.

She sits down opposite you, you push the tea set towards her, she pours her self a cup. All this happens without either of you speaking, but now you refuse to take your gaze from her face as she quietly drinks. Finally she says something.

"What do you wish to know?"
___

[ ] "How did you sleep last night?"
[ ] "What's going to happen to me now?"
[ ] "Why did you do it?"
[ ] "How did you become such a bitch?"
[ ] "....if you had just said something."
[ ] Don't say a thing.
>> No. 4757
[ ] "How did you sleep last night?"
[ ] "Why did you do it?"
>> No. 4758
[x] "What's going to happen to me now?"
The million dollar question
>> No. 4759
SCORN WHERE IS MY TORTURE SCENE????
This is way too nice, Alice is way too nice. Where is my yandere Alice from last time.
>> No. 4760
>>4756
[x] "How did you sleep last night?"
[x] "Why did you do it?"
>> No. 4761
[x] "How did you sleep last night?"
[x] "Why did you do it?"
>> No. 4762
[ ] "Why did you do it?"
[ ] "What's going to happen to me now?"

here's hoping for an "I'm sorry"
>> No. 4763
[ ] "How did you sleep last night?

Maybe I'm a little too soft, but we did have a genuine attraction at first, and she just let herself get a little caught up in the moment. Everyone has crazy thoughts now and then (Or maybe I'm just trying to convince myself of my own sanity), but she obviously regrets it. There's no reason we can't start over.
>> No. 4764
[ ] "How did you sleep last night?"
[ ] "What's going to happen to me now?"
[ ] "Why did you do it?"
>> No. 4765
[X] "How did you sleep last night?"
[X] "Why did you do it?"
[X] "....if you had just said something."

And once she's through explaining all that...

[X] "What's going to happen to me now?"
>> No. 4766
[ ] "Why did you do it?"
[ ] "....if you had just said something..."
[ ] "What's going to happen to me now?"
>> No. 4767
>>4759
BAAWWW she regretting her actions!


She was never going to torture you in the first place, did she ever actually make a violent move against you? No. She just wanted you to stay with her.

Forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and Ctrl + V
>> No. 4768
[X] "....if you had just said something."
FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOU
>> No. 4769
>>4767
Sounds like a Plan
[X] Stay with Alice forever.
>> No. 4770
[X] Give Alice a drink.
>> No. 4771
[] "Why did you do it?"
[] "....if you had just said something..."
[] "What's going to happen to me now?"
>> No. 4772
[ ] "How did you sleep last night?"
[ ] "Why did you do it?"
>> No. 4774
[x] "How did you sleep last night?"
[x] "Why did you do it?"
[x] "....if you had just said something."
>> No. 4775
[X] "How did you sleep last night?"
Cold, but not hostile. Hit her with some guilt first. If she doesn't answer, move on.

[X] "Why did you do it?"
[X] "....if you had just said something."
[X] "What's going to happen to me now?"
>> No. 4776
[x] "Why couldn't you have just told me you liked me?"
>> No. 4777
>>4775
i'm going with this as well
>> No. 4778
[x] "How did you sleep last night?"
[x] "Why did you do it?"

I support this.
>> No. 4779
>>4775
Thirding this notion.
>> No. 4780
H'okay writing.
>> No. 4781
>>4780
Must be one hell of a wall.
>> No. 4782
>>4780
GODDAMIT SCORN
It's fucking 4:15AM
And i'm NOT GOING TO SLEEP 'till i see that update.
>> No. 4783
>>4780
SCORN DIED OF A HEART ATTACK WHILE WRITING
>> No. 4784
>>4783
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>> No. 4785
>>4781
I'm trying to get the characterization right, I don't want to make her seem weak or irredeemable.

Anyway it's almost done, it'll be the last post of the night because things need time to be strung together after this.
>> No. 4786
>>4783
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
>> No. 4787
>>4781

IT'S A WALL SO MASSIVE, IT DWARFS EVEN THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA!!!
>> No. 4788
File 121297521645.jpg - (34.38KB , 360x464 , 1212859588706.jpg ) [iqdb]
4788
"How did you sleep last night?"
"Fine, thank you."

It's pretty obvious that isn't true just by looking at her, she's just responding to your banal politeness with the same. The awkward silence stretches on for some time after that, but finally you force yourself to ask her a question burning in your head.

"Why did you do it Alice?"

She looks you in the eye firmly, doesn't hesitate or flinch in the slighest but holds your gaze steadily.

"I refuse to let you slip through my fingers, I've lost too much in the past to ever let something go by easily. Marisa could take you away from me, so I'll keep you here to stop that from happening. I regret it has to be this way, but you left me no choice." You're amazed, she actually said that last part reprochfully.
"I want to have you David, I want your love because I love you. But I won't let you love another, that would hurt me too much, so I have to make sure you are mine and that you don't betray me. Ever."
"I barely even know you!"
"It doesn't matter," She waves a hand as she calms down, her eyes no longer wild. "We'll have plenty of time to get to know one another more intimately over the course of our lives. Don't you believe in soul mates?"

Like that, so casually, she simply declares something so earth shattering. She means what exactly?

"What do you mean? What is going to happen to me now?"

She smiles at you sweetly, in contrast to her frightening expression before, leans forward and rests her head on her hand while reaching the other out for yours.

"You said you can't hate me, well in light of that." Her cheery tone chills you more than her previous desperation.

"I will keep you here as my beloved guest until eventually you can't not love me. You see? I will take care of you and be your companion for the years to come, in return you shall love me and father my children one day. Together we will raise a beautiful family together, our whole world shall be this house with just you and I. We won't need the outside anymore."

As if her skin were hot metal you pull your hand back in shock, she sees your horror but continues to smile happily at you regardless and giggles girlishly.

"It's alright, you'll have time to get used to the idea. I can keep you here until you have to talk to me, if you still resist I can just try magic again." Her face drops after saying that.

"Not that I want to! I see now my mistake! I understand, I'm sorry I did that David. I was wrong. I shouldn't of used magic to force you to love me. I can understand if you won't forgive me yet, there will be time for that later."

Finally she adds.

"I love you."

It's amazing, even though she seems to genuinely regret what she did she still can't see the inherent flaw within keeping you locked up until you fall in love with her. She actually doesn't understand that this too is forcing you to fall in love with her by making your world revolve around her.

"Alice you can't just force someone to-"
"Shut up! Don't talk like that! Shut up!"

Before you can even get the words out she cries out, she goes wide eyed and wild.

"It's not the same as last time, it's for the best! You'll understand, I can keep you safe, warm and happy! The outside world is a dangerous place and you could die out there! You're better off with me anyway! So it's okay! You will never get hurt or hungry because I'll take care of you! You can live here with me and I'll look after you! You never have to worry, I love you!"

Silence falls again.

".....Alice, had you just said something to me before."

She looks away, now she can't even look you in the eye but she speaks in a mumbling determined way.

"Wouldn't work, I can't be sure that way. Even if we did it like normal people I'm a Youkai, by the time you make up your mind you could've become an old man already. I have to give you more life for us to be together, can't let you die. And what about Marisa? What if she just threw her self at you one day? Could you resist? Can't take that chance, sorry but I refuse. You are mine."

Another sick smile plays across her lips.

"But you see? Look at what you just said! You're already thinking about me that way? So it won't take long! When you admit you love me it'll all be okay, then we can live happily for the rest of our lives. So it doesn't matter if you take some time now to think about it, we'll be together for ever!"

She sounds almost like a little girl as she says those words "together forever" each time, like a child reciting a fairy tale ending.
But something else clashes with the rest too, the way she insists on saying things like "You're mine" over and over as if to enforce it into reality just by repeating it. Her fear of losing you to another.

It's all very confusing, she's frightening the shit out of you and yet...

Why does something inside you still want to reach for her?

____

[ ] "Alice, you're not thinking right because of the spells you cast. You've got to snap out of it!"
[ ] "Alice, you are fucking crazy! You can't force someone to love you! Let me go!"
[ ] "Alice, I'll stay. I don't know if you're right, but for you I will stay."


>>4787
No just really hard to do right, heck I'm not even satisfied with version but I can't think of anything better.
>> No. 4789
[X] "Alice, I'll stay. I don't know if you're right, but for you I will stay."

Why do I find insane Alice hot?
>> No. 4790
[ ] "Alice, you're not thinking right because of the spells you cast. You've got to snap out of it!"
>> No. 4791
[ ] "Alice, you're not thinking right because of the spells you cast. You've got to snap out of it!"
>> No. 4793
>>4789
Is that you, YAF?
>> No. 4794
[]Freedom over Happiness, Miss Margatroid.
>> No. 4795
[X] "Alice, you're not thinking right because of the spells you cast. You've got to snap out of it!"
>> No. 4796
>>4788

[►] "..."
>> No. 4797
[X] "Alice, you are fucking crazy! You can't force someone to love you! Let me go!"
I'll take my chances against an army of hourai dolls
>> No. 4798
[x] "Alice, you're not thinking right because of the spells you cast. You've got to snap out of it!"
INSANE ALICE IS MOE MOE
>> No. 4799
That was hot, damn she wants David so bad.
[X] "Alice, I'll stay. I don't know if you're right, but for you I will stay."
Well she won't trust his words anyway, but maybe we can see some action with her before we flee.
>> No. 4800
"Love and desperation are two different things- I understand your intent, but love does not work that way"
>> No. 4802
[x] "Alice, you're not thinking right because of the spells you cast. You've got to snap out of it!"

God. Shanghai route is going to be fucking impossible.
>> No. 4803
[x]It's not too late, Alice. But if you continue keeping me here against my will, you will lose my respect and my friendship.
>> No. 4804
there should have been a 'slap alice' option
>> No. 4805
>>4801
Changing my answer to:
[ ]Freedom over Happiness, Miss Margatroid.
Make it as cold sounding as possible, then leave the kitchen. IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

>you can't not love me

Double negatives, Alice? Seriously?
Get some rest, Scorn.
>> No. 4806
[X] "You're wrong, Alice. You're wrong, and you know it. You can't force me to love you, and if you try then you'll doom yourself to a lifetime of hearing me repeat that. I do care about you, so I can't let this persist. One way or another, so long as I'm involved, this will end with you waking up from your childish little dream of a fairy tale life."

Happily ever after?

There's no such thing, Love.
>> No. 4807
[ ] "Alice, you're not thinking right because of the spells you cast. You've got to snap out of it!"
>> No. 4808
>>4801
No it's crazy logic!

But as I said, I couldn't think of the best way to word this in order to portray her the way I wanted. I doubt anything could've satisfied me though.

Anyway, going to bed now. But tomorrow!

The stakes get higher! Another twist!
Will David's feelings reach AliceMarisaWriggleReimuCirnoMystisaBeerspiderRinnosuke?

Find out next time on Limited Adventures: /forest/!

(goodnight)
>> No. 4809
Changing vote to
[X]Freedom over Happiness, Miss Margatroid.
>> No. 4810
[x] "Alice, you're not thinking right because of the spells you cast. You've got to snap out of it!"
>> No. 4811
[x] "Alice, you're not thinking right because of the spells you cast. You've got to snap out of it!"
>> No. 4812
>>4808

G'night. Go get some rest before your heart implodes.
>> No. 4814
[X] "You're wrong, Alice. You're wrong, and you know it. You can't force me to love you, and if you try then you'll doom yourself to a lifetime of hearing me repeat that. I do care about you, so I can't let this persist. One way or another, so long as I'm involved, this will end with you waking up from your childish little dream of a fairy tale life."

Oh, I like that one. Cold, and brutal, and honest.

Hey, Anon, your resolve is showing.
>> No. 4815
[X] "You're wrong, Alice. You're wrong, and you know it. You can't force me to love you, and if you try then you'll doom yourself to a lifetime of hearing me repeat that. I do care about you, so I can't let this persist. One way or another, so long as I'm involved, this will end with you waking up from your childish little dream of a fairy tale life."
>> No. 4816
[x] "You're wrong, Alice. You're wrong, and you know it. You can't force me to love you, and if you try then you'll doom yourself to a lifetime of hearing me repeat that. I do care about you, so I can't let this persist. One way or another, so long as I'm involved, this will end with you waking up from your childish little dream of a fairy tale life."

A verbal slap in the face. I like it!
>> No. 4817
[x] "Alice, I'll stay. I don't know if you're right, but for you I will stay."
Alice may be fucking insane right now, but that doesn't mean we can't abandon her.

By staying you're not just giving in to her will, rather we want to stay to make her understand, and not so crazy anymore. She needs to learn what love should be like, and by staying we are given the opportunity to help her.

So I humbly as all of you voting "[ ] Alice, you're not thinking right because of the spells you cast. You've got to snap out of it!" Think carefully. Does it really seem likely someone like Alice would make herself go crazy with her own magic? Even if she is SUPER LONELY, she wouldn't abuse her magic like this.

And besides, us treating Alice like she's extremely crazy won't help. What we need to do is stay and help her. Marisa is bound to come back to Alice sometime eventually anyways, and then we can ask her for help too.

So you guys should retract your "YOU'RE SO LONELY YOUR MAGIC MADE YOU CRAAAAAAZY SNAP OUT OF IT" vote befoe *Scorn* does something...
>> No. 4818
>>4817
>but that doesn't mean we can't abandon her.
I meant should, not can't, that doesn't mean we should abandon her
>> No. 4819
>>4817

Except, you know, we can't teach her what love is meant to be like as long as she has us under duress. The whole point is that we can't truly love her unless we have our freedom.
>> No. 4820
>>4817
>Even if she is SUPER LONELY, she wouldn't abuse her magic like this.

But she already has.

Yeah, didn't think that one all the way through, did you?
>> No. 4821
[x] "Alice, you're not thinking right because of the spells you cast. You've got to snap out of it!"
>> No. 4822
[X] "... Alice, I'm sorry, But love just doesn't work like that. It never has and never will work like that, and there's nothing You, I, or anyone else can do to change that. I just can't love you... not like this."
[X] If you truly love me Alice, you need to let me go and let me decide for myself."
>> No. 4823
>>4819
Then just keep it simple: [x] "We can't truly love you unless we have our freedom."
>> No. 4825
[x] "Alice, you're not thinking right because of the spells you cast. You've got to snap out of it!"

Further suggestions:
[x] "You say you'll keep me safe, feed me and look after me? And to make sure of that, you'll keep me caged here? That's called a pet, Alice. Not a lover or a husband, a pet."
[x] "I said I can't hate you for wanting to be with me. I can't hate you for being lonely. But I can hate you for taking away my freedom, for deciding the rest of my life for me. That would be unforgiveable, Alice. And that hatred would only grow with each passing day."
>> No. 4826
[x] "Alice... CLENCH YOUR TEETH"
[x] Slap Alice.
[x] Manly, inspiring speech about the nature of loneliness and overcoming it. Make her realize that she isn't alone.
>> No. 4827
[x] "I said I can't hate you for wanting to be with me. I can't hate you for being lonely. But I can hate you for taking away my freedom, for deciding the rest of my life for me. That would be unforgiveable, Alice. And that hatred would only grow with each passing day."

i approve of this choice.
>> No. 4828
[X] "You're wrong, Alice. You're wrong, and you know it. You can't force me to love you, and if you try then you'll doom yourself to a lifetime of hearing me repeat that. I do care about you, so I can't let this persist. One way or another, so long as I'm involved, this will end with you waking up from your childish little dream of a fairy tale life."
>> No. 4829
[X] "You're wrong, Alice. You're wrong, and you know it. You can't force me to love you, and if you try then you'll doom yourself to a lifetime of hearing me repeat that. I do care about you, so I can't let this persist. One way or another, so long as I'm involved, this will end with you waking up from your childish little dream of a fairy tale life."

Time for a bucket of ice-cold truth.
>> No. 4830
>[x] "You say you'll keep me safe, feed me and look after me? And to make sure of that, you'll keep me caged here? That's called a pet, Alice. Not a lover or a husband, a pet."
or like a doll, and I doubt she'll see the problem there
>> No. 4831
[x] "I said I can't hate you for wanting to be with me. I can't hate you for being lonely. But I can hate you for taking away my freedom, for deciding the rest of my life for me. That would be unforgiveable, Alice. And that hatred would only grow with each passing day."
[X] "You're wrong, Alice. You're wrong, and you know it. You can't force me to love you, and if you try then you'll doom yourself to a lifetime of hearing me repeat that. I do care about you, so I can't let this persist. One way or another, so long as I'm involved, this will end with you waking up from your childish little dream of a fairy tale life."
I CAN'T CHOOSE
FUCK
>>4817
>So you guys should retract your "YOU'RE SO LONELY YOUR MAGIC MADE YOU CRAAAAAAZY SNAP OUT OF IT" vote befoe *Scorn* does something...
>So you guys should retract your
>So you guys should
>should
I think we'll do what we damn well please, without you failing to be convincing and telling us what to do; how's that sound?
>> No. 4832
Y'know what? Alice can't be saved from this shit. Her mind is broken, if it was ever whole in the first place. The obsession with magic that turned her into a Youkai in the first place has distanced her mind too far from human thought to be able to comprehend, let alone participate in, a healthy and truly loving relationship.

She's beyond help.

I say, fuck it.

Wait for her to turn David into a Youkai or whatever. Learn to become strong in magic. Acquire power. Then give her a taste of her own medicine. Go Yandere on her, for a change. Show Alice what it's like to be caged, manipulated, and treated as if her feelings don't matter.

The only thing that can help right now is to give her what she wants, and make it into the most awful thing she could have ever imagined.

This is treading in BAD END territory, but if we play our cards right, it could end up more of a HORRIBLE TRUE END.
>> No. 4833
>>4832
Way to make this into a Drama faggot.
>> No. 4834
>>4833
You can do better than that. Try harder.
>> No. 4835
[x] "Alice, you're not thinking right because of the spells you cast. You've got to snap out of it!"
>> No. 4836
[x] "I'll stay without resistance, under one condition. My rose, I know you won't give it back, but take it and leave it in Marisa's shed. If I can't bid her farewell, then let me leave her this one memento."

And then, Beer Spider sees Alice with our rose, realises what's happened, and saves us. Hooray!

I miss Beer Spider.
>> No. 4837
[x] "Alice, you're not thinking right because of the spells you cast. You've got to snap out of it!"
I think this is the best option, all the other will only make Alice mad and that is not such a good thing in our situation.
Telling her to wake up from her fairy tale will only bring us pain.
>> No. 4838
[X] "You're wrong, Alice. You're wrong, and you know it. You can't force me to love you, and if you try then you'll doom yourself to a lifetime of hearing me repeat that. I do care about you, so I can't let this persist. One way or another, so long as I'm involved, this will end with you waking up from your childish little dream of a fairy tale life."
>> No. 4839
[X] "You're wrong, Alice. You're wrong, and you know it. You can't force me to love you, and if you try then you'll doom yourself to a lifetime of hearing me repeat that. I do care about you, so I can't let this persist. One way or another, so long as I'm involved, this will end with you waking up from your childish little dream of a fairy tale life."

Slowpoke voting games.
>> No. 4840
[X] "You're wrong, Alice. You're wrong, and you know it. You can't force me to love you, and if you try then you'll doom yourself to a lifetime of hearing me repeat that. I do care about you, so I can't let this persist. One way or another, so long as I'm involved, this will end with you waking up from your childish little dream of a fairy tale life."
>> No. 4841
[] I like you Alice, but only as a friend and that's not going to change. I'm in love with Marisa and one day I'll break out of your prison and return to her side. Then I'll tell her everything that you've done. How do you think she'll react to that? Her first love stolen from her and locked away by her best friend. Not very well, I bet. She'll probably come to hate you even. Is that what you want? Your best friend to hate you? Then you'll really be alone.

Let me go Alice and I won't tell Marisa about this. I'll make up some story and keep the truth from her. I will forgive you for what you've done. It will take time to get over my anger, but once I have I'll be happy to consider you my friend once again.

Alice...just don't do this. Please.
>> No. 4842
[x] "Alice, I'll stay. I don't know if you're right, but for you I will stay."
Let's tell her what she wants to hear for now. If you genuinely think we're going to snap her out of this with mere words, you're reading the situation wrong.
>> No. 4843
[ ] "Alice, I'll stay. I don't know if you're right, but for you I will stay."

It doesn't matter how sharp, how clever or how cutting anything we say is, she's just going to psychologically force herself to ignore it. Seriously, look at the state she's in.
>> No. 4844
[ ] "You're wrong, Alice. You're wrong, and you know it. You can't force me to love you, and if you try then you'll doom yourself to a lifetime of hearing me repeat that. I do care about you, so I can't let this persist. One way or another, so long as I'm involved, this will end with you waking up from your childish little dream of a fairy tale life."
>> No. 4846
File 121299662111.jpg - (92.28KB , 500x659 , ea1420043bae2682b7cca44a299815a4.jpg ) [iqdb]
4846
[X] "Alice, I'll stay. I don't know if you're right, but for you I will stay."
Seconding what >>4842 said; if we're going to get out of this, it's going to be through actions, not ineffective words. Alice currently holds (virtually) all the cards, and it's in our best interests to follow along with her little fantasy. If we resist, she's only going to impose tighter restrictions on our freedom (making it much harder to escape), or if she thinks she's losing us completely, she'll just use magic.

On the other hand, if we go along with her and even pretend we're falling in love with her, we'll have our effective freedom within the house. If we make it look like we don't want to leave, she'll reduce her watch over us, and she may even let us remain out when Marisa/Reimu/whoever comes over instead of shutting us away in her secret room as she'll doubtlessly do. Then we can try and communicate our situation to whoever's visiting and eventually escape.
>> No. 4847
[x] "Alice, I'll stay. I don't know if you're right, but for you I will stay."
>> No. 4849
[X] "You're wrong, Alice. You're wrong, and you know it. You can't force me to love you, and if you try then you'll doom yourself to a lifetime of hearing me repeat that. I do care about you, so I can't let this persist. One way or another, so long as I'm involved, this will end with you waking up from your childish little dream of a fairy tale life."

We're sure as hell not going to show any signs of what looks like weakness, not after the cruel way she was about to seize upon us one we said we couldn't hate her.

Remember, we're Captain Anon in another life. We don't settle shit through duplicitous schemes or trickery. We settle things through being a flashy gentleman, and with hard honesty when absolutely necessary.
>> No. 4851
>>"I want to have you David, I want your love because I love you. But I won't let you love another, that would hurt me too much, so I have to make sure you are mine and that you don't betray me. Ever."
>>"I barely even know you!"
>>"It doesn't matter," She waves a hand as she calms down, her eyes no longer wild.
[ ] "Alice, I'll stay. I don't know if you're right, but for you I will stay."
Jesus Christ at anyone who thinks a 'bucket of ice-cold truth' is going to make even the slightest bit of difference here.
>> No. 4852
>>4851

It's just as much about not showing an inch of weakness as it is about breaking her down. We're going to have to prove to her that she doesn't love us, not if she's not even really considering our feelings, and sappy obeisance isn't going to help at all. In fact, it's liable to worsen our position a great deal.
>> No. 4854
[x] "Alice, I'll stay. I don't know if you're right, but for you I will stay."
>>4852
See >>4846
>> No. 4855
>>4854

And you see the guy who mentioned Captain Anon:

We don't resort to trickery. Period. Even when we're at a disadvantage.

[X] "You're wrong, Alice. You're wrong, and you know it. You can't force me to love you, and if you try then you'll doom yourself to a lifetime of hearing me repeat that. I do care about you, so I can't let this persist. One way or another, so long as I'm involved, this will end with you waking up from your childish little dream of a fairy tale life."
>> No. 4856
So, basically, it's either
1. be totally ineffectual and/or come off as playing hard-to-get,

2. >>4832's yandere-turnabout bullshit, or

3. Go along with it, live in her cage as long as necessary, but make it plain to her every day that even though she has him all to herself, she doesn't have David's love. And hope for the best.

Should have gone into the darkness when we had the chance.
>> No. 4857
[x] "You're wrong, Alice. You're wrong, and you know it. You can't force me to love you, and if you try then you'll doom yourself to a lifetime of hearing me repeat that. I do care about you, so I can't let this persist. One way or another, so long as I'm involved, this will end with you waking up from your dreams."
[x] "Also, remove the spells from yourself. They're only hurting you."

Will she listen? Probably not. Does it matter? No. We're speaking mainly for ourselves. We have no guarantee that she won't try magic again, and if our resolve falters, that's it.
>> No. 4858
[X] What if i told you that I love Shanghai?
>> No. 4859
[ ] "Alice, you're not thinking right because of the spells you cast. You've got to snap out of it!"
>> No. 4860
[x] "You're wrong, Alice. You're wrong, and you know it. You can't force me to love you, and if you try then you'll doom yourself to a lifetime of hearing me repeat that. I do care about you, so I can't let this persist. One way or another, so long as I'm involved, this will end with you waking up from your childish little dream of a fairy tale life."
>> No. 4861
[x] Rape Alice
>> No. 4862
[ ] "It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace-- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
>> No. 4864
[x] "Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!"
>> No. 4865
[] "Alice, you are fucking crazy! You can't force someone to love you! Let me go!"

Something like that. I really don't like Alice much here because yandere scares me. Especially when they have incredible magic, and have shown a willingness to use it on you.
>> No. 4867
[ ] "YES! YOUR HIGHNESS!"

Foolishness, David! Foolishness!
Love controls everything! And without it, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.
Why do you refuse to gain power? The power of your father Yuuka? What is it you fear? The end you your pitiful sanity? When the history of your glory is written, those distant times will only be a footnote to your magnificience.
>> No. 4868
>>4867
He makes no sense at all, but it sounds like fun
[X] "YES! YOUR HIGHNESS!"
>> No. 4869
[ ] "It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace-- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

If I voted already, I change my vote to this.
>> No. 4870
>>4869

It is indeed a beautiful write-in, but I fear our slowpoke votes will be for naught.
But as you've bothered, then I suppose I will as well.

[x] "It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace-- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
>> No. 4871
Wow, didn't expect all this! But then again this is quite a pivotal vote being made.
I've been operating on the premise that David's actions directly effect what happens in the story and where it can go, with his dreams effecting what he can say and do.

One Choice locks you into a world where Alice is crazy, she would be totally beyond redemption or recovery.

One Choice suggests she can be saved, locking you into a world where Alice can be recovered.

One Choice suggests that David cares for Alice enough to ignore all this, locking you into a world of just the two of you for ever.

What I was expecting was something along the lines of opting to see the semi-bad end as Alice's prisoner of Love and then rolling back one to choose a non dead end.

What happened instead was Anon suddenly found a pair of rather impressive testicles, even if they do seem to be pulling in two different directions. I hadn't prepared for this.

Voting is closed, I'm going to eat some crumpets and drink a little tea then I will write. During this time if someone can count the votes I'd be grateful.

Out of interest, why did Yandere Alice strike such a chord with you guys? I liked personally how she came out the previous in game night but not this time, but you guys have really been riled up!
>> No. 4872
>What happened instead was Anon suddenly found a pair of rather impressive testicles, even if they do seem to be pulling in two different directions.

That creates a rather disturbing mental image.
>> No. 4873
>Out of interest, why did Yandere Alice strike such a chord with you guys? I liked personally how she came out the previous in game night but not this time, but you guys have really been riled up!

A woman telling anon what to do? FALCON...
>> No. 4874
Vote Count

GIVE IN TO ALICE - 12 total
[X] "Alice, I'll stay. I don't know if you're right, but for you I will stay."
9
[X] "YES! YOUR HIGHNESS!"
2
[x] "I'll stay without resistance, under one condition. My rose, I know you won't give it back, but take it and leave it in Marisa's shed. If I can't bid her farewell, then let me leave her this one memento."
1

TRY TO BRING HER TO HER SENSES - 16 total
[X] "Alice, you're not thinking right because of the spells you cast. You've got to snap out of it!"
14
[x] "Alice... CLENCH YOUR TEETH"
[x] Slap Alice.
[x] Manly, inspiring speech about the nature of loneliness and overcoming it. Make her realize that she isn't alone.
1
[X] World ain't sunshine and rainbows
1

RESPOND HARSHLY - 18 total
[X] "You're wrong, Alice. You're wrong, and you know it. You can't force me to love you, and if you try then you'll doom yourself to a lifetime of hearing me repeat that. I do care about you, so I can't let this persist. One way or another, so long as I'm involved, this will end with you waking up from your childish little dream of a fairy tale life."
15 *******Single option with most votes******
[X] "Alice, you are fucking crazy! You can't force someone to love you! Let me go!"
2
[x] "You say you'll keep me safe, feed me and look after me? And to make sure of that, you'll keep me caged here? That's called a pet, Alice. Not a lover or a husband, a pet."
1

LET HER DOWN GENTLY - 2 total
[X] "Love and desperation are two different things- I understand your intent, but love does not work that way"
1
[X] "... Alice, I'm sorry, But love just doesn't work like that. It never has and never will work like that, and there's nothing You, I, or anyone else can do to change that. I just can't love you... not like this."
1

LIBERTY OR DEATH - 12 total
[X] "We can't truly love you unless we have our freedom."
1
[X] "Freedom over Happiness, Miss Margatroid."
3
[X] "It's not too late, Alice. But if you continue keeping me here against my will, you will lose my respect and my friendship."
1
[X] If you truly love me Alice, you need to let me go and let me decide for myself."
1
[x] "I said I can't hate you for wanting to be with me. I can't hate you for being lonely. But I can hate you for taking away my freedom, for deciding the rest of my life for me. That would be unforgiveable, Alice. And that hatred would only grow with each passing day."
3
[X] "It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace-- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
3

SAY NOTHING - 1 total
[►] "..."
1

COMEDY OPTIONS - 3 total
[] I like you Alice, but only as a friend and that's not going to change. I'm in love with Marisa and etc
1
[X] I love Shanghai
1
[X] Rape Alice
1
>> No. 4875
>>4871
[X] "Alice, I'll stay. I don't know if you're right, but for you I will stay."
8

[ ] "Alice, you're not thinking right because of the spells you cast. You've got to snap out of it!"
12

[]Freedom over Happiness, Miss Margatroid.
3

[] "..."
1

[X] "Alice, you are fucking crazy! You can't force someone to love you! Let me go!"
2

[x]It's not too late, Alice. But if you continue keeping me here against my will, you will lose my respect and my friendship.
1

[X] "You're wrong, Alice. You're wrong, and you know it. You can't force me to love you, and if you try then you'll doom yourself to a lifetime of hearing me repeat that. I do care about you, so I can't let this persist. One way or another, so long as I'm involved, this will end with you waking up from your childish little dream of a fairy tale life."
14(15 if you count one guy who couldn't decide)
([x] "Also, remove the spells from yourself. They're only hurting you.")
1

[X] "... Alice, I'm sorry, But love just doesn't work like that. It never has and never will work like that, and there's nothing You, I, or anyone else can do to change that. I just can't love you... not like this."
[X] If you truly love me Alice, you need to let me go and let me decide for myself."
1

[x] "We can't truly love you unless we have our freedom."
1

[x] "You say you'll keep me safe, feed me and look after me? And to make sure of that, you'll keep me caged here? That's called a pet, Alice. Not a lover or a husband, a pet."
1
[x] "I said I can't hate you for wanting to be with me. I can't hate you for being lonely. But I can hate you for taking away my freedom, for deciding the rest of my life for me. That would be unforgiveable, Alice. And that hatred would only grow with each passing day."
2(3 if you count one guy who couldn't decide)

[x] "Alice... CLENCH YOUR TEETH"
[x] Slap Alice.
[x] Manly, inspiring speech about the nature of loneliness and overcoming it. Make her realize that she isn't alone.
1

[x] "I'll stay without resistance, under one condition. My rose, I know you won't give it back, but take it and leave it in Marisa's shed. If I can't bid her farewell, then let me leave her this one memento."
1

[] I like you Alice, but only as a friend and that's not going to change. I'm in love with Marisa and one day I'll break out of your prison and return to her side. Then I'll tell her everything that you've done. How do you think she'll react to that? Her first love stolen from her and locked away by her best friend. Not very well, I bet. She'll probably come to hate you even. Is that what you want? Your best friend to hate you? Then you'll really be alone.
Let me go Alice and I won't tell Marisa about this. I'll make up some story and keep the truth from her. I will forgive you for what you've done. It will take time to get over my anger, but once I have I'll be happy to consider you my friend once again.
Alice...just don't do this. Please.
1

[X] What if i told you that I love Shanghai?
1

[x] Rape Alice
1

[ ] "It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace-- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
3

[x] "Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!"
1

[ ] "YES! YOUR HIGHNESS!"
2
>> No. 4876
>Out of interest, why did Yandere Alice strike such a chord with you guys?

Have you forgotten what kind of story this is? Anon can't have his virtual girl-toys bossing him around!
>> No. 4878
>>4874
Looks like we get permanent psycho alice. gj guys.
>> No. 4881
>>Out of interest, why did Yandere Alice strike such a chord with you guys?
Alice is already a character that many people are weak to. She's SUPER EFFECTIVE against me, for example, and were I in David's place I would already be upstairs absorbing 'life energy' from her body.
>> No. 4882
hey scorn, ive been reading your story for a while now and i was wondering, would it be okay if i posted this on gaia to show my friends?

i know you guys dont like people from gaia coming to your boards so i figured itd be better if i posted it there
>> No. 4883
Yandere Alice is the best thing next to Captain Anon.
We need more of her like this, i only wonder how this can possible get good again without us killing or she going insane cause we don't love her.
>> No. 4884
>>4882
7/10

The concept infuriates me but I am fairly sure you're trolling. But to be certain I will tell thee now, I shall not be responsible for enticing newfags into the Touhou fandom.

DO NOT POST THIS OR ANY OTHER STORY ON GAIA
>> No. 4885
>>4884

It's actually a 10/10 since you replied with such rage.
>> No. 4886
> Out of interest, why did Yandere Alice strike such a chord with you guys?

Probably because it is actual, sensible character development that gives us an opportunity to legitimately interact with her, rather than sticking to the flat canon personalities.
>> No. 4887
>>4884

What are you doing, Scorn. Seriously.
>> No. 4888
>>4884

You sure take a long time to eat crumpets and drink tea.
>> No. 4889
While woting may be closed, this anon would be sorely disappointed if we didn't get to channel Patrick Henry.
>> No. 4890
>>4887>>4888

I, uh, took a break to play EoSD because I was on a roll last night and wanted to see if I was still in the zone....
>> No. 4891
>>4874
I don't agree with the way these are sorted. It seems like most people want her to snap out of it, either by saying so directly or by explaining why this shit will never work.
>> No. 4892
>>4890

Work, nigger, back to and so on.