[Return]
Archived Thread

File 121268132817.jpg - (92.07KB , 930x718 , 1212670261307.jpg ) [iqdb]
4440 No. 4440
This is the story of a man who has yet to find his destiny.

During the Empire Republic war when the darkest hour of the Empire came the only hope was a massive counter attack against the enemy to snatch victory from their jaws.

It was during this time a young man rose to the challenge to protect his home land. A captain who's bravery, daring and devotion brought him fame and glory in battle until he was a hero in his people's eyes.

With the tide of the war turning mumbles rumors of a truce and potentially even a lasting peace began, the head of the Shinto based Hakurei religion Reimu Hakurei was making a visit to the Republic's leader Remillia Scarlet in order to negotiate peace talks between the two countries.

But even as hopes mounted that a respite from fighting would come, they were dashed when the talks were ended abruptly and the Priestess imprisoned by the Republic. In response the Empire sent out the man know as "The Heart Breaker of the Boundless Sky", the hero of Hakugyokurō, Captain Anonymous Rex, to rescue the captured Miko.

In a daring effort he liberated the imprisoned priestess and fled the Republic with the three most eminent captains of that nation in hot pursuit.

Hong Meiling, The Stalwart Guardian.

Sakuya Iyazoi, The Devil's Blood Hound.

Patchouli Knowledge, The One-week Wizard.

Each was defeated in battle by the noble captain and now he returns to the land of his birth, after one long year away from home, the warnings of Patchouli still ringing in his ears.
___

Sighing you replace the chart in it's home and sit down heavily at your desk, lately as you've been within the borders of your own country you've had little to do other than oversee the day to day running of the ship. While you're competent at least at keeping records and having a moment to do them now will save you a head ache later on, you can't stand paper work.

Even with the small amount of work to do left on your desk you still won't have anything worth doing once you finish, you've been trying to conserve a little work for you to do everyday in order to avoid feeling useless, with no enemies chasing or unexpected crises the ship and it's crew are largely able to run it's self.

Although you're not the only one without work to do, the gunners finished maintenance on their cannons days ago and have been in a state of semi constant play since then, Aya and Momizi had taken this opportunity to do a full scale refit and repair to the entire ship yet they still have time now to laze around complaining about the heat these last couple of days. You feel most sorry for Wriggle, Alice, Mystia and Marisa who have to stay at their stations even with nothing worth note happening. Only Rinnosuke has managed to find work in this lull, he's been taking a ship wide inventory that's kept him occupied for days now.

Laying your head down on the desk you look out the window, azure blue is all that you can see for miles around even though you know that the continent isn't far from your current position. It'll get hectic soon when you return, handing over Reimu, reports to give, audiences with the Empress and of course the Admiral will want to see you at some point during all this, maybe you'll get the chance to see her....

Well, there's no point warming your arse all day! Slapping your face to get the feeling back you stand up, you could at least go see someone if you're this bored.
___

[ ] Visit Reimu in her cabin
[ ] Go to the bridge, even if it's only a gesture
[ ] Go find the Gunners and play with them for a bit
[ ] Look for Kourin to have chat, man to man
[ ] Go see the Engineers for a bit

----

Dear subway,

Your "Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki" sub is not to your usual standard, 3/10. The chicken tastes dry and slips out of the bread too easily, worst of all none of your standard salads etc mix well with it.

Please make note of this.

>> No. 4441
Fuck yeah, Captain Anon!

[X] Look for Kourin to have chat, man to man

Time to find out why this guy is such an awesome wingman.

On another note, I've been wondering this for a while... Why Rex?
>> No. 4442
[ ] Look for Kourin to have chat, man to man
>> No. 4443
[x] Look for Kourin to have chat, man to man
>> No. 4444
[X] Visit Reimu in her cabin.

NEED TO REPENT FOR MURDERING THE GIRLS ON SAKUYA'S SHIP.
>> No. 4445
>>4444

Damn, nearly forgot about that.

[x] Visit Reimu in her cabin.

We may not have a lot of time to chat with her, so we ought to get this out of the way now. We need to confess and reclaim our honor.
>> No. 4446
[x] Visit Reimu in her cabin.

Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned.
>> No. 4447
[ ] Visit Reimu in her cabin
>> No. 4448
[x] Visit Reimu in her cabin.
The GET agreed.
>> No. 4449
[x] Visit Reimu in her cabin

I know you guys want to repent and despair but it may be a good idea to try and figure out a bit more on what Patchouli was saying about Reimu having a fate worse than death.
>> No. 4450
>>4449
The only thing worse than death is undeath.
So Reimu is going to be an undead zombie?
>> No. 4451
[X] Look for Kourin to have chat, man to man
>> No. 4452
File 121268564487.jpg - (14.35KB , 360x320 , 1211855611493.jpg ) [iqdb]
4452
Reasoning there's no point in moping around or bugging the people at work, you opt to visit your precious cargo Reimu Hakurei.

Stopping only to freshen yourself up you go directly to her quarters with no delay, you vaguely wonder what's she's been doing all this time you've had her on board. You haven't really had time to spend with her so it's a mystery to you, for that matter you've barely even spoken to the girl you recovered from The Killing Doll either. All you know is that her name is Nitori, she's some sort of engineer and she's a Moriyaian like Aya or Momizi.

Coming to Reimu's door you stop a moment to compose yourself, her quarters are the spare room reserved for guests and VIPs which makes it a little more comfortable than the crew's as well as slightly removed.

Knocking firmly you wait for a response, a moment later you hear her reply faintly through the wood.
"Come in!"

Shrugging you take the handle and push the door open, sat kneeling demurely in the center of the room is Reimu with her eyes closed and her hands folded on her lap. Your frozen standing at the door for a second as you watch her serene face while she returns from some kind of mediative state or prayer, slowly and calmly she opens her eyes and looks at you cheerfully.

"Captain! This is a pleasant surprise! Please come in, can I perhaps offer you some tea?"
"Uh, yes that would be lovely thank you."

Shuffling awkwardly into the room shutting the door behind you as Reimu sets about getting the tea ready, you can't help but notice how she's already made this space her own. It's only a few simply effects such as a couple of cushions on the floor instead of chairs, a scroll with some kind of religious text you vaguely recognize hangs from the door and a few other little trinkets adorn this room now.

"Please, sit down."
Catching yourself standing and staring you quickly sit down on the cushion she indicates to, you never liked sitting like this but you'd die rather than admit to her it makes your legs fall asleep. You've had to suffer this before in the presence of officers that prefer the old formalities so it won't kill you to do so again.

"Here we are, enjoy."
Happily she sets down the tea set in the space between you, dutifully she pours a cup for you before serving herself. It's green tea served in one of those weird handleless cups, recalling how to hold one you lift it to sip.
"You're very traditionally minded Lady Hakurei."
"Oh it was just the way I was raised. And please, call me Reimu captain."
"Ah, of course. Reimu then."

She settles back comfortably on her knees and closes her eyes calmly as she drinks her tea, a twinge in your leg tells you already you need to shift positions. She smiles at you.
"So to what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?"
_____

[ ] Sit still
[ ] Get more comfy
[ ] "I wanted to talk to you about (insert subject)"
>> No. 4453
[ ] Get more comfy
[ ] "Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned."

That's the REPENT, SINNER! vote.
>> No. 4454
[X] "I wanted to talk to you about... Something that happened on the Killing Doll."
>> No. 4455
[] sit still.
[] "Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned."
Or something to that effect. We need to repent, it will most likely help in the main story (Will of Steel = mind magic resistance!)
>> No. 4456
[] sit still.
[] "Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned."
>> No. 4457
[x] Get more comfy
[x] "Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned."
Leg cramp is no laughing matter. Neither is what we came here to talk about.
>> No. 4458
[ ] Get more comfy
[ ] "I wanted to talk to you about... Something that happened on the Killing Doll."
This could take a while. Best make ourselves comforable.
>> No. 4459
[x] Get more comfy
[x] "I wanted to talk to you about... Something that happened on the Killing Doll."

Sounds like its confession time.
>> No. 4460
Come on need a little more than this to call it
>> No. 4461
[ ] Get more comfy
[ ] "I wanted to talk to you about... Something that happened on the Killing Doll."
>> No. 4462
>>4460
As the person who posted >>4453, I believe that my intention was similar to [ ] "I wanted to talk to you about... Something that happened on the Killing Doll."

I don't know about the others, but you can count my vote towards that.
>> No. 4463
[X] Get more comfy
[X] "I wanted to talk to you about... Something that happened on the Killing Doll."

Calling Reimu "father" just doesn't sit well with me.
>> No. 4464
[ ] Get more comfy
[ ] "I wanted to talk to you about... Something that happened on the Killing Doll."

Confessions thread, post some motherfucking confessions.
>> No. 4465
>>4462
Count mine to that as well.
>> No. 4466
[ ] Get more comfy
[ ] "I wanted to talk to you about... Something that happened on the Killing Doll."

doit
>> No. 4467
[x] "Let's get right to the point: Why were you imprisoned by the republic? Wasn't your meeting with the republic's leader supposed to be about peace talks?"
>> No. 4468
File 121269141744.jpg - (41.61KB , 450x443 , 1212371530150.jpg ) [iqdb]
4468
>>4462
The wording effects the way you talk about it, Reimu doesn't know what happened on the Killing Doll as Marisa and Nitori didn't tell anyone.
___

"Do you mind if I drop decorum? I can never be comfortable sitting like this for long."
She smiles winsomely at you and nods.
"I wouldn't expect anything less from you good captain, please be comfortable."

Sliding your legs out from underneath yourself you wiggle them a bit to get the blood flowing again before getting into a more comfortable position, Reimu however maintains her formal pose. Force of habit you guess.

"Reimu, I wanted to talk to you about... Something that happened on the Killing Doll."
"Ah, yes! I didn't see the battle directly but the girls told me all about it, I really liked the bit where you jumped off The Herald and SMAHSH! Burst through the window!" Childishly she goes on punctuating the story with wild gestures.
"And the bit where you flew the life boat into the deck and the metal was all like SCREEEEEECH and The Killing Doll blew up and Sakuya was all like 'I'll get you next time'"
Pausing, she inhales deeply and then cries out.
"It was AWESOME!"

In the face of that display of rambunctiousness, who knew Reimu was so young in spirit? You almost forget the tragedy of what happened that day, noticing the sombre expression on your face she calms down.

".......what happened captain?"
She's observant, you'll give her that, to be able to pick up on someone's mood so quickly. She must be used to the subtleties of human expression seeing as she deals with negotiations all the time.
Sipping the tea, you begin.

You explain how you killed those women on The Killing Doll, how you scattered them apart like they were nothing, like their lives had no meaning to you, recalling the feeling of such rage you tell her about that too and how you didn't even give them a warning.

By the end of your story you feel drained, even scared by the serious look in her eye. As you spoke her eyes hardened until those hints of childish joy slipped into the face of a very stern young woman.

"I see."

Is all she says, sipping her tea she does not speak for the longest time. The silence tortures you but you force yourself to bare it and not cry out, simply considering you she still doesn't say anything until finally raises her voice dispelling the oppressive quiet.

"What you did was wrong, not only did you slay the innocent you also gave an opponent no warning."
Her words are dispassionate, hard.
"Yes."
"I understand this is a time of war captain and that the enemy had already wronged you, but that does not excuse your actions."
"Yes."
"I had though better of you captain, apart from that one slip I witnessed you had been the paragon of civility in my eyes. Watching you and your methods made me truly believe that this war could end should people like you continue to fight in this world, now I am less certain."
"......"
Grabbing your arm she holds you gaze in hers and looks at you intensely.
"Do you regret it?"
"Of course I do! I wouldn't come here to speak with you if I didn't!"
Without meaning to you speak passionately and make that outburst, but this seems to saticefy her and she sits back down with a more gentle expression.
"Good, as long as you do then their deaths are not entirely in vain. Make no mistake captain, their lives are forever your burden to bare now as you killed without cause or warning, but by carrying the burden of their deaths with you the sin is punished. No one is born pure and no one goes through life without error, but we do not waste our own lives over sin. We carry our sin as punishment so as not to render the lives of others worthless with our actions."

Her words, don't exactly make you feel better. You will hold this burden in your heart for the rest of your life that much is true, but hearing her speak sets you at ease.
She looks at you wistfully.

"I want you to remember captain, what mercy can we expect in life but at the hands of one another? Show your enemy your love and kindness even if they do not do so to you, for they are living creatures to and have as much right to life as any of us. You may think that Sakuya woman is a monster, but past her obvious cruelty I imagine even she is capable of being tender to others. You would do well to promote other to follow an example of mercy."

Silence falls over the table again, but it isn't heavy like before, instead you feel vindicated and lighter. As the sun pours in through the window making the room glow with life you feel the confidence return to you, the beast of shame and anger within becomes docile making you feel like a new man.

"Thank you."

Is what you whisper, is all you can say.

She smiles and does not speak, the essence of the Reimu from before, the childish girl, has returned.
__

[ ] Stay and talk about less dire subjects
[ ] Go back to your room and reflect
[ ] Other
>> No. 4469
[X] Go back to your room and reflect.

We should rest and reflect on what we've learned.
>> No. 4470
[X] Stay and talk about less dire subjects

Now how will this affect David? I wonder, I wonder.
>> No. 4471
[x] Stay and talk about less dire subjects
>> No. 4472
[x] Take Reimu home.
Inspired by >>4470
>> No. 4473
[x] Stay and talk about less dire subjects

Nothing to do in your quarters.
>> No. 4474
>We should rest and reflect on what we've learned.

NEED MAX STAT GAINS PER LEVEL

[x] Stay and talk about less dire subjects
>> No. 4475
[x] Stay and talk about less dire subjects
>> No. 4476
I know she has to stay at her post for now and it's not really relevant just yet but just so Anon doesn't forget, we DID promise Wriggle a date to make up for the shitstorm at Eientei.

I think that poor girl has had enough happen to her. We've already forgotten once, too.
>> No. 4477
>>4476
And then on top of it all, we try to rape her but call it off when she starts enjoying it. Her mind must be about to snap, if it hasn't already.
>> No. 4478
>>4477
Not canon.
>> No. 4479
With the heavy weight lifted from your shoulders you feel much better about yourself, a bit more energetic you decide to have a normal conversation with Reimu.

She's a lovely girl really, her gentle manner coupled with her inner strength make her very attractive in your eyes. As you chat about idle little things you find yourself thinking of Reimu in an apron being the house wife type, cooking your meals, raising the children, cleaning the house, the kind of woman that would take care of her husband. A little bossy maybe but only in his best interest, always faithful and loving with a great sex drive.

"Captain, captain?"
"Huh?"

It seems you sank into a day dream because Reimu is trying to get your attention, she points to the speaker in the corner of the room.

"They're looking for you captain."
Over the ship's intercom comes the distorted sound of Marisa's voice.
"Hey cappy! Get your ass on deck, we're approaching the capital and we need you to talk to the person hailing us! DOUBLE TIME IT -ZE!"
Alice's voice cuts in and you hear a little struggle over the speaker.
"Really Marisa, is that anyway to talk to your captain? You can't just order him around." Winning the little scuffle Alice's pleasant yet polite tones over take the message.
"As she said captain we're being hailed and require your presence as soon as possible please. Bridge out."

Standing up you bob a little bow to Reimu and go to the door.
"Thank you for tea, but I'm afraid I'm being called away Reimu. Let's pick this up again some time after we get to the capital, will you allow me to visit some time?"
"It would be my pleasure."

Departing with a smile you head for the bridge.

"What's the fuss about ladies?"

Striding confidently onto your podium you assume your usual position, Wriggle seems to be engaged with someone over the lines so it falls to Marisa to respond.

"We dunno cap'n, we just got a signal asking for the captain once we got within sight of Hakugyokurō. They don't want to talk to anyone else."
"I see."

Rising up on the horizon is the nation's capital city, Hakugyokurō, from which the Empire takes it's name beyond is the verdant forest and hills of the nation. The city stretches across this inlet into the massive floating continent, the single largest land mass in Gensokyo, so all traffic deeper into the land tends to pass through here at some point and as such it's protected by huge city walls and a dedicated navy loyal only to the royal family. A few of their ornate yet powerful ships float in the air far from your current position near to the docks.

It's the seat of power in this land where the Empress Yuyuko lives in the ethereal palace, you've personally met the Empress in a number of parades and formal occasions but you've never spoken to her personally. To you she is a mystical and mysterious woman, some call her the greatest beauty to ever live and she certainly has a legion of suitors being unmarried. But she has never even shown more than passing interest in any man before.

"Orders captain?"
____

[ ] Speak to the person hailing you.
[ ] Ignore them, probably some uptight dock official or patrolman.
>> No. 4480
[x] Speak to the person hailing you.

Something is amiss.
>> No. 4481
[ ] Speak to the person hailing you, rose in hand.
>> No. 4482
[x] Speak to the person hailing you.
>> No. 4483
[x] Speak to the person hailing you.
Other option is rude and somewhat stupid.
>> No. 4484
[x] Speak to the person hailing you.
>> No. 4485
[X] Speak to the person hailing you.
>> No. 4486
Hang on for a bit I'm starving

After the break:

THE PLOT TWIST!
>> No. 4487
[X] Speak to the person hailing you.

Now begins the mindfuck where it turns out they have orders to arrest us.
>> No. 4488
[X] Speak to the person hailing you.

Even in a Dream:
PLOT TWIST!
>> No. 4489
>>4486

Looks like its time for Captain Anon to make a dangerous escape from the now corrupt Hakugyokurō Empire.
>> No. 4490
Now we're going to be running back to the republic.
>> No. 4493
[x] Speak to the person hailing you.
SPOILERS:
We can talk to dead people.
>> No. 4494
[X] Speak to the person hailing you.

>>4486
HALLELUJAH.
>> No. 4496
>>4486
the person hailing you is ...
reimu
you rescued a double
>> No. 4497
>>4440
>This is the story of a man who has yet to find his destiny.

HYMEN TOPPA
DAVID-LAGANN
>> No. 4498
>>4496
'your princess is in another castle'
>> No. 4499
Tea is brewing, David do your best.
Please watch warmly while waiting.
>> No. 4500
File 121270283875.jpg - (44.49KB , 496x750 , 1160279644873.jpg ) [iqdb]
4500
"Where's the signal coming from Wriggle?"
Tearing herself away from what she's concentrating on Wriggle turn to look at you.
"From the capital itself sir, from within the military wing of the palace."

The Palace? Boy this is going to be something important isn't it, good thing you didn't just brush it off or you would've pissed of one of your superiors. Feeling a little nervous as you always do when facing the whole debriefing thing you give Wriggle a nod.

"Patch it through Miss Nightbug."
Her hands dance in a flurry over her instruments and the view screen flickers into life.

"Welcome home captain."

Appearing on your screen is a familiar face, the admiral of the entire Hakugyokurō navy and the queen of Mayohiga before the unification. Lady Yukari Yakumo a personal adviser to the empress, your mentor and a trusted friend of many years has personally greeted you on your home coming. It warms your heart to see her again after all the time that's passed since your departure.

"It's great to be home Lady Yukari."
"Drop the formalities kid, you know me well enough to call me Yukari."
Grinning you nod and she returns your smile.
"Very well, how are you Yukari? You're looking well, I see you haven't turned to dough living the life of an admiral yet."
"Cheek! We can't all be out recklessly risking our lives on the front line you know." She grimaces. "As much as we might like to."
"Ha! It's good to see the fire hasn't died in you yet Yukari."
"Are you saying I'm old kid? I won't stand the babbling of children."

The pair of you share a laugh just like in the old days, when you first signed up to be a captain you served directly under Yukari during the early stages of the war. She took you under her wing, molding you into the perfect soldier for the Empire, it was then that you two started this life long comradery. She may be deceitful and perhaps a bit tricky with a deck of cards, but you'd trust this woman with your life if it was on the line.

"I can't believe it's been an entire year since we've seen each other."
You speak warmly to her, in a sense she was like a mother to you, although you heard quite a lot of captains feel this way about Yukari seeing as was a very personal and familiar kind of person.
"Longer than a year you know, half way to two. Anyway we've got business to discuss."
You nod and give a salute.
"Yes Ma'am, the prisoner Reimu Hakurei has been recovered from the Republic's captivity and has resided with us for the past two weeks. We're ready to hand her over to the proper authorities."
As you say that last part you choke slightly on your words as Patchouli's warning echoes in your mind, perhaps had you not heard her say such things you wouldn't notice the flicker of sadness that passes across Yukari's face. But you're sure that for some reason, she looked like she was going to regret something for just a second. Perhaps you're imagining things?

"Wonderful! I'm sending an escort to you now kid, you might want to prepare yourself. I'm sending those two."
"Ah. Understood, will you stay on the line?"
Unspoken you're asking her to back you up when the escort comes, if it's those two you're going to need it maybe. A whole year...
"Of course."
Again, that tinge of regret. Still, what ever she's thinking you're glad she's willing to stand up for you when the escort arrives, maybe Yukari's presence will keep her civil....

Wait, why do you need an escort? There's no reason for such precautions, Reimu is beloved by her people so no one is likely to attempt anything. You glance at Yukari but her face is impassive, but wathcing.
____

[ ] "Why are you sending an escort?"
[ ] "When did you learn of our approach?"
[ ] Excuse yourself and speak quietly to Mystia.
[ ] Talk to Yukari about the old days.
>> No. 4501
File 121270300943.png - (35.37KB , 736x736 , Awesome.png ) [iqdb]
4501
>Yukari Yakumo
>trusted friend
>> No. 4502
[ ] "Why are you sending an escort?"
The herald is more than capable of hadling itself, Yukari should know that
>> No. 4503
[x] "Why are you sending an escort?"

There's a lot of potential for making some innuendo write-ins and suggesting it might be Ran, but I guess this is supposed to be a major plot point.
>> No. 4504
[ ] "Why are you sending an escort?"

OHSHI-
>> No. 4505
[x] "Why are you sending an escort?"
>> No. 4506
[ ] "Why are you sending an escort?"
>> No. 4508
[ ] "Why are you sending an escort?"
>> No. 4509
[x] "When did you learn of our approach?"
Did we alert anyone we were coming home? They had comms and an escort ready, so they were obviously expecting us.
>> No. 4510
[ ] "Why are you sending an escort?"
[ ] "When did you learn of our approach?"
>> No. 4511
[x] "When did you learn of our approach?"

Asking about the escort obviously makes it seem like we suspect something.
>> No. 4512
[x] "When did you learn of our approach?"
[x] Excuse yourself and speak quietly to Mystia.
I don't get the significance of the Mystia option, hence I'm voting for it as well.
>> No. 4513
File 121270440579.jpg - (64.69KB , 560x800 , yukari4.jpg ) [iqdb]
4513
Something isn't right, Patchouli's warning is still ringing in your ears. But Yukari trusts you, whatever is going on she would tell you about it if you but asked. So with determined expression you turn to her.

"Why the escort Yukari? Are you expecting trouble?"
She opens her fan with a snap and begins to cool herself with it, covering her mouth. All that's left are her shrewd eyes.
"No, not at all. I sent those two because I thought you'd like to see them again. It's been over a year, you do want to see them again don't you?"

She's avoiding the subject, changing it to make you want the escort to come, so you'd welcome it. This is suspicious, you've played enough poker with Yukari to at least know when she's trying something even if you can't tell if it's a bluff or not.

"Yukari." You repeat yourself. "Why are you sending an escort."
She sits their wafting her fan while watching you carefully with those eyes, her voice is level but she's giving her self away by covering her mouth.
"There's no reason, I was trying to do you a favor by letting you see them early."
"Ship approaching on the starboard bow captain."

Looking in the direction Alice called out you see a rapidly approaching ship, a finely designed vessel roughly twice as long as The Herald and half again as high painted in white, blue and yellow. The Colors of Ran Yakumo, captain of The Heavenly God's Descent and trainer of the royal Hakugyokurō officer's academy, a person very dear to you.

"Three more ships have begun to move within the area captain, they're converging on our location."
Alice's voice is shaking ever so slightly with fear, most of these girls come from Mayohiga and are probably feeling extremely intimidated by all this. Even you are uneasy now, you've dug your fingers hard into the wood of your podium.

"What's going on Yukari."

You state it as a demand, not a question. She continues to fan her self silently as the ships draw nearer, you can make out the three others now and Ran's ship will be within hailing range momentarily.

___

[ ] "Get Reimu up on deck, I want her near me."
[ ] "I said what's going on Yukari."
[ ] Say nothing
[ ] Give the signal for all hands to battle stations discreetly
[ ] "Head towards The God's Descent, we'll meet them half way."
>> No. 4515
[x] "I said what's going on Yukari."
>> No. 4516
[X] "Get Reimu up on deck, I want her near me."
[X] Give the signal to prepare for evasive action discreetly.

Primary objective is always to protect our girls. She may be a guest, but Reimu's still counts as one of ours as long as she's on our ship. Yukari's got something nasty prepared for us, I just know it...

We need to be ready to avoid any assaults on us. We're not so crass as to prepare an assault on someone without warning them. That's ungentlemanly.

Well, when the shit hits the fan, let's hope Mokou's sky pirates coincidently choose that as the time to stage a raid.
>> No. 4517
[x] "I said what's going on Yukari."
[x] Give the signal for all hands to battle stations discreetly

When it comes to blows

[x] "Well, I always heard you like it rough."
>> No. 4518
[x] "I said what's going on Yukari."
[x] Give the signal for all hands to battle stations discreetly
>> No. 4519
[X] "Get Reimu up on deck, I want her near me."
[X] Give the signal to prepare for evasive action discreetly.
>> No. 4520
[x] "Get Reimu up on deck, I want her near me."
[x] Give the signal to prepare for evasive action discreetly.

Don't press Yukari too hard. I don't want another foaming-at-the-mouth crazy captain again.
>> No. 4521
[x] "Get Reimu up on deck, I want her near me."
[x] Give the signal to prepare for evasive action discreetly.
>> No. 4522
[ ] "Get Reimu up on deck, I want her near me."
In case of a boarding action.

Don't waste time talking to Yukari.
[ ] Hail The Heavenly God's Descent.
>> No. 4523
[X] "I said what's going on Yukari."
[X] Give the signal for all hands to battle stations discreetly
>> No. 4524
[x] "Get Reimu up on deck, I want her near me."
[x] Give the signal to prepare for evasive action discreetly.
>> No. 4525
[X] "Get Reimu up on deck, I want her near me."
[X] Give the signal to prepare for evasive action discreetly.
>> No. 4526
File 121270706465.jpg - (112.07KB , 1000x1000 , 121220218536.jpg ) [iqdb]
4526
"Contact Reimu, I want her on the bridge now."
"Roger."

Unexpectedly Marisa handles the task of calling up Reimu, Wriggle seems to be preoccupied handling the communication right now. Getting a look at Yukari's face as you give the order you try to discern if she reacts in anyway, but she just fans her self slowly and watches you. You regret letting her stay on the line as now she can see everything you're doing.

"I asked you what's going on Admiral."
Using her title throws her slightly and the corners of her eyes tug with sadness for a second before she recovers.

"It's just a formality concerning your cargo, her highness Yuyuko has requested she be brought before her as soon as possible."
She's picking her words very carefully, each one is perfectly chosen to answer the question while giving as little detail as possible. You've seen the way she deals with enemy captains before, that's what all this reminds you of.

Carefully you look at Marisa the entire bridge is looking at you right now, even Mystia has turned away from the wheel at the moment, with a gesture of your hand in a certain movement you give a simple yet wordless order for the crew to prepare for evasive maneuvers. She nods slightly in comprehension and bends over her console, a moment later you're greeted by the slight increase in the hum of the engine.

"What's the matter captain?"

Stepping onto the bridge comes Reimu, concern written all over her face, Yukari turns from you to her and inclines her head ever so slightly.

"Greeting's Priestess, forgive me if I don't bow with respect but I don't follow your faith."

It's true, neither you or Yukari have ever been religious, but to not give Reimu the respect her station is due in this situation makes you worry further.

"I return your kind greeting ma'am." She replies coldly with a similar inclination. "Forgive me if I don't bow either, but I don't believe in violence as and answer."

The air between these two women practically crackles with animosity as they glare at one another, finally Yukari closes her fan with a snap. Her mouth is drawn into a thin line and her eyes are now dead and hard, the very portrait of a professional officer.

"I'm sorry."
But before you can even figure out what she means Wriggle grabs your attention, with one hand pressed to her ear she looks at you with alarm in her eyes.
"We're being hailed by The Descent!"
"Patch it through, now!"

Again she moves in a blur as she attends to her task, you've never noticed before but Wriggle's antenna twitch and occasionally blink with a point of light when she's working.

Another window opens.

"Captain Anonymous Rex of The Herald of Spring, this is Captain Ran Yakumo of The Heavenly God's Descent. I am here to transfer the custody of the prisoner Reimu Hakurei, I will be boarding your ship momentarily to obtain the prisoner. Your co-operation in this matter is appreciated."

It's her, Ran Yakumo. A flood of emotion and memories come back. Dressed severely in her uniform and looking at you with eyes filled with hate, her hands clutched in behind her and her posture straight as an iron bar. Yet you still think she's as lovely as ever, her cropped blond hair and her golden eyes still enrapture you like they used to. Ran, you and she served side by side under Yukari during the early stages of the war, the number of times you've saved one another's lives is immeasurable. No one knows you better, nor does anyone but you know her better than you do.

To see her stare at you with such malice stabs you right in the heart, you knew she'd be angry after not seeing her for a year but you never expected this. But even as you are battered by tides of emotion, every fiber of your being wanting to be alone with Ran just so you can talk and the world be damned, even so you cannot neglect your duties nor ignore your sense of honor.

"What does she mean, prisoner Yukari?"

(cont.)
>> No. 4527
[x] "Get Reimu up on deck, I want her near me."
[x] Give the signal to prepare for evasive action discreetly.

Gotta be ready for anything.
>> No. 4528
File 121270806298.jpg - (61.52KB , 600x750 , 121237484187.jpg ) [iqdb]
4528
She sighs and answers you reluctantly.

"It's as she says, Reimu Hakurei is now a wanted criminal in Hakugyokurō."
Slamming your fist into the podium you shout at her.
"What charges!"
"Conspiracy, Treason and ...... Practicing the Hakurei religion."

She averts her eyes upon that last statement, it's almost enough to make you laugh.

"That's a crime now? I don't believe it!"
Yukari looks at you sadly.
"The law was passed while you were away, religion has been outright banned in this country. We are now an secular nation. The empress says that Reimu was revealing our secrets on her visit to the republic and that the church was being used a spy network by Reimu."
"That's ridiculous! Where's the proof!"
Reimu's outburst surprises you, dashing to the podium and pushing past you she confronted Yukari. Yukari just give her a condescending look and addresses you.
"It was upon the Empress's decree and her word is law."
"What's she trying to do? Establish her self as the god and emperor? Soon she'll be saying her word is sacred! That arrogant bi-"
"Don't you dare speak against The Empress that way!"
Snapping at Reimu Yukari becomes furious, thinking it's probably best not to allow them to argue right now you grab Reimu by the shoulder and look her in the eye. As you do though, you can practically feel Ran's stare piercing your back.

"Reimu, now is not the time. Please, allow me to handle this."
She hesitates, looks at Yukari with one last glare and then nods.
"Okay, I trust you."
Hopping down from the podium she takes her usual place at the back of the bridge out of the way, now you can turn back to Yukari and Ran.

"I am hoping you will co-operate when I board your vessel captain."
Ran's eyes have narrowed to slits, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned eh? But even though she has reason to be angry with you, she shouldn't be this mad.

"You're looking well Ran."
Trying to lower the hostility that seems to be filling the air like a thick smoke, you smile at her and raise the ever present rose for her in greeting.
"Hmph!" She turns away haughtily, but opens her eye to watch you through it. Cold shoulder, maybe try a different tactic.
____

[ ] "You look as beautiful as ever Ran."
[ ] "You're cute when you're mad."
[ ] ".....I can't even begin to apologize."
[ ] "Why are you so damn angry?"
[ ] "How's Chen? Where is she?"
>> No. 4529
[X] ".....I can't even begin to apologize."
>> No. 4530
[X] "Your beauty really shines through when you're angry. Such passion behind that cold exterior... I've missed that, you know. It's been too long..."

Well, Ran, you're a beauty. It's just too tragic that you're in our way.
>> No. 4531
[x] "You're cute when you're mad."
>> No. 4532
[ ] "How's Chen? Where is she?"
>> No. 4533
[X] "Your beauty really shines through when you're angry. Such passion behind that cold exterior... I've missed that, you know. It's been too long..."

Oh now this is really getting good.
>> No. 4534
[X] "Your beauty really shines through when you're angry. Such passion behind that cold exterior... I've missed that, you know. It's been too long..."
[X] "To think we'd meet like this, though. You have my sincerest apologies."

It's a sad state. Sorry about that, Love.
>> No. 4535
[X] "Your beauty really shines through when you're angry. Such passion behind that cold exterior... I've missed that, you know. It's been too long..."

I don't think we can get much better than this. Full Captain charm mode on.
>> No. 4536
[X] "Your beauty really shines through when you're angry. Such passion behind that cold exterior... I've missed that, you know. It's been too long..."
[X] "To think we'd meet like this, though. You have my sincerest apologies."
>> No. 4537
[X] "Your beauty really shines through when you're angry. Such passion behind that cold exterior... I've missed that, you know. It's been too long..."
[X] "To think we'd meet like this, though. You have my sincerest apologies."
>> No. 4538
Discussion tiem.
WHAT DO WE DO LULZ
>> No. 4540
>>4538
WAKE UP
>> No. 4541
>>4540

Out of the frying pan into the fire? Not just yet.
>> No. 4542
>>4538

1. Agree to let them link up and board
2. "Nitori, can you set the Herald's engine to self destruct remotely?"
3. "All crew retreat to the uppermost deck!"
4. Grappling hook onto Ran's airship
5. Hijack it from it's small remaining crew
6. Leave Ran to have a blast.

The downside of this is that we just lost our badass ship.
The upside of this is that we just kidnapped Chen and got a fresh set of IFF markers.
>> No. 4543
>>4542

The other downside is that it's a terrible plan that involves us using deception to murder a large contingent of soldiers, thereby enforcing our fall from grace and completely destroying the absurd set of abilities we have as a special character class. Also, the whole thing where it relies on us escaping from a fully boarded ship with our entire crew, and leaving any of the crew mates who fail to escape to die horribly.
>> No. 4544
File 12127107083.jpg - (6.21KB , 325x173 , ent_explosion.jpg ) [iqdb]
4544
>>4543

Well Kirk did it and got away with it so why not us?
>> No. 4545
>>4543

We've got a small crew, they'll all escape.
Also, I said the engine, Not the entire ship.
>> No. 4546
[X] "Your beauty really shines through when you're angry. Such passion behind that cold exterior... I've missed that, you know. It's been too long..."
[X] "To think we'd meet like this, though. You have my sincerest apologies."

Going with this. Looks like it won't buy us much time though.
>> No. 4547
>>4543
I think the point is to just sabotage the engines in order to take Ran out of the equation without having to fight or kill her.
It'd be safer just to outrun her though. We should only pull the switch if Ran's ship is significantly faster than our own.
>> No. 4548
File 121271168190.jpg - (66.69KB , 671x850 , 120841778169.jpg ) [iqdb]
4548
"Your beauty really shines through when you're angry. Such passion behind that cold exterior... I've missed that, you know. It's been too long..."
As you say this to her she bristles, but remains turned away. Extending the rose elegantly to her you give her a small sweeping bow.
"To think we'd meet like this, though. You have my sincerest apologies."
"You....you...."
Her arms drop by her sides and she looks at you plaintiveness through the corner of her eye as her posture begins to sag.
"Ran....."
"YOU ABSOLUTELY INCONSIDERATE, CHAUVINISTIC, RETARDED, RECKLESS, BLOODY MINDED, INCONSISTENT, HEARTLESS BASTARD!"

The facade breaks and Ran vents her rage in a barrage of furious insults at you, her sharp teeth bared and hands clenching and unclenching into fists by her sides she lays into you.

"You just waltz back here after nearly two years, two years without even a fucking letter or anything, waltz back in and shoot a line like that as the first thing you say to me? You bastard! You completely and utterly inconsiderate jerk! I don't hear from you ONCE and then you greet me like that? You think I'd really be swayed by such pathetic display, think again mister! You don't give a shit about the people that care about you, do you? No! You're just happy to run off to the ends of the earth nearly getting killed every week leaving me here alone laying awake worried sick about you every night, never knowing if you've died the next morning, checking the obituaries every day just in case. Do you ever write? Of course not YOU'RE CAPTAIN ANONYMOUS FUCKING REX THE HERO OF HAKUGYOKURO! FAR TOO FUCKING BUSY TO LET RAN AND CHEN KNOW HE'S OKAY!"

She stops but only to breath in after all that, she's panting heavily her ample chest heaving as she glares so hard at you she may be trying to hate you to death.

"Ran! Ran! Ran! Is that the captain? Ran! Ran! Is it?"
A sprightly young girl with cat ears and twin tails, wearing the uniform of a cadet bound into view. Before Ran can shoo her away she spots you.
"CAPTAIN! YOU'RE BACK!"
Dashing over to the window she bangs her head against it accidentally, but smiles and gushes at you.
"You're finally back! You big jerk leaving us all alone again! I'll forgive you this tine but let's not waste anytime right now."
She winks at you and raises a finger.
"Just hand over that hag behind you, then hurry up and marry me okay?"
Over your shoulder you hear Reimu cry out "Hag?" but you're too stunned by Chen's appearance.

"What is it captain? Oh! The uniform? Yeah I graduated the first year and now I'm assigned to Ran to learn under her." She gives you a twirl sending her skirt blooming outwards.
"Don't you think it's cute?"

The whole situation is so surreal, vaguely you can hear Alice urgently calling out the positions of the approaching ships, but you're so transfixed by the conversation you can't help but respond on automatic.

"I can't believe how big you've gotten Chen."
It's true, she's not a little girl anymore but a young woman and it certainly shows.
"You noticed! I'm not the smallest in my year anymore, in both ways."
Proudly she sticks out her chest and crosses her hands behind her.
"Chen?"
"Yes Ran?"
Ran clouts Chen over the head to calm the energetic girl down, who clutches the bump with her eyes watering.
"Owie, I got in trouble."
"Not the time Chen."
With one last teary glance at you Chen slinks out of view leaving a still furious Ran with her arms folded, accenting her breast considerably by the way, and her tails swishing.

"Just....Just hand that bitch over and we can hurry up to the part where I kick your ass."
She spits through clenched teeth, with that you're brought back to the situation at hand.

As you were talking The Herald was snuck up on by three more ships, you're not quite surrounded yet though.

"Mystia, pull the ship back. Don't let us get encircled."
"WHAT?"

Ran cries out as you give the order but Yukari who has bared silent witness to all this only nods slightly, you can just about hear her whisper. The engines hum and whine louder again and you feel The Herald pull backwards slowly out of range of those encroaching ships, the situation is becoming perilous.
"As I expected from him."

Squaring with Ran you slam your hands flat on the podium.
"Ran, what sentence does Reimu have on her capture."
Ran's eyes go hard and she assumes the stance of an officer once again, the irreverence of the situation that just past is gone now.

"She is sentenced, to death of course."

Pretty much as you expected, but you can hear the crew gasp around you. Reimu made her self quite popular during her short stay.

"Why?"
Is all you can ask, Yukari answers.
"Her death will serve as a symbol of the death of her religion, her highness has decided that it has no place in the empire any longer and she wishes to stamp it out."

A fate worse than death? Fuck, the republic already knew. They didn't imprison Reimu, they were keeping her safe against her own people.

"Captain." Yukari speaks again with dead eyes.
"Are you saying, that you won't allow us to take the Miko?"

Shit, how can you decide? You never intended to bring this woman to her death! But, will you sacrifice everything? Your career, your relationship with the Yakumos, your nation, your home, all for her? If you let her live then you will be an enemy of the state, an exile hunted till the end of his days for high treason.
Can you really be expected to make a decision?

Yes, because only you can make it. That's what being a captain is all about.
___

[ ] "I am not an assassin."
[ ] "Prepare to be boarded by The Descent."
>> No. 4549
[X] "Prepare to be boarded by The Descent."
awesomeface.jpg
>> No. 4550
[x] "I am not an assassin."
>> No. 4551
[ ] "I am not an assassin."

FUCK
YES
>> No. 4552
[ ] "I am not an assassin."

Shit that was awesome. Chen is ... actually I don't know what Chen is, but she's awesome.
>> No. 4553
[X] "I may be an inconsiderate, chauvinistic, retarded, reckless, bloody minded, inconsistent, heartless bastard..."
[X] "But I am not an assassin."

Ran's right about that. What we did was inconsiderate. We may be all those things.

But we're not going to become an assassin. Not here, not now, not ever.
>> No. 4554
[x] "I am not an assassin."
FUCK YEAH CHIVALRY!
>> No. 4555
CURSE YOU LAWFUL GOOD ALIGNMENT. I KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO COME. BETRAY MY COUNTRY? OR BETRAY MY IDEALS?!
[x] "I am not an assassin."
>> No. 4556
[X] "I may be an inconsiderate, chauvinistic, retarded, reckless, bloody minded, inconsistent, heartless bastard..."
[X] "But I am not an assassin."
>> No. 4557
PALADINS CAN'T FALL IN 4E

[x] "Let them get close to board, then open fire slaughtering them all!"
>> No. 4558
[X] "I may be an inconsiderate, chauvinistic, retarded, reckless, bloody minded, inconsistent, heartless bastard..."
[X] "But I am not an assassin."
Awwww yeah
>> No. 4559
>>4555
As a note on alignment:

1) I don't consider Lawful as always following the law, but rather preserving order. If there was a law to do something that is chaotic, such as say every night the nobles are allowed to go on a peasant hunt then the character is correct in opposing it if they are lawful even if they aren't good. Because it represents pointless disruption of order.

2) Rex isn't really Lawful Good, nor is he chaotic good or neutral good. Too wild to be lawful, too contained to be chaotic, not worried enough about the balance to be neutral. But lawful is probably as close as it gets.
>> No. 4560
[X] "I may be an inconsiderate, chauvinistic, retarded, reckless, bloody minded, inconsistent, heartless bastard..."
[X] "But I am not an assassin."
[X] "Anyone who wants to leave this ship is free to do so."
>> No. 4561
[X] "I may be an inconsiderate, chauvinistic, retarded, reckless, bloody minded, inconsistent, heartless bastard..."
[X] "But I am not an assassin."

So, does this mean that if we successfuly escape , Captain Anon can become a Sky Pirate? Because that would be sweet.
>> No. 4562
[X] "I may be an inconsiderate, chauvinistic, retarded, reckless, bloody minded, inconsistent, heartless bastard..."
[X] "But I am not an assassin."
[X] "Anyone who wants to leave this ship is free to do so."
>> No. 4563
>>4559
He's LAWFUL AWESOME.

Also, why "Rex"?
>> No. 4564
>>4557
They can't? Goddamnit
>> No. 4565
[X] "I may be an inconsiderate, chauvinistic, retarded, reckless, bloody minded, inconsistent, heartless bastard..."
[X] "But I am not an assassin."
[X] "Anyone who wants to leave this ship is free to do so."

I'm pretty sure lawful can just mean adhering to a certain code, like the Gentleman Code or whatever it is Anon follows here.
>> No. 4566
[X] "I may be an inconsiderate, chauvinistic, retarded, reckless, bloody minded, inconsistent, heartless bastard..."
[X] "But I am not an assassin."
[X] "Anyone who wants to leave this ship is free to do so."

lawful implies following a set of rules or guidelines, but i don't think anything ever said those rules or guidelines couldn't be a personal code and nothing more.
>> No. 4567
[X] "I may be an inconsiderate, chauvinistic, retarded, reckless, bloody minded, inconsistent, heartless bastard..."
[X] "But I am not an assassin."
[X] "Anyone who wants to leave this ship is free to do so."

I would follow Capt. Anon to the ends of the Earth.
>> No. 4568
File 121271459361.jpg - (61.55KB , 496x700 , 1208772504295.jpg ) [iqdb]
4568
>>4563
I have no idea, it just popped into my head one day.
____

The bridge is silent save for the sound of the engines, every face is turned to you, every ear straining to hear your words. You could cut the tension with a knife, then sell it as cheap sailcloth to fishermen.

Gazing upon the faces of your crew, you see each shining with determination and loyalty. They would follow you whatever you chose to do, each and every one of them would stand by anything you ordered.

Even the death of an innocent.

Even the betrayal of every thing you practiced.

They would die for you.

And that's why you can never ask them to do these things, their loyalty must be repaid with your own. Their lives are precious, you could never make an order that risks them because it would invalidate everything that loyalty means to you as a solider.

But, you no longer soldier as of this moment.

"I may be an inconsiderate, chauvinistic, retarded, reckless, bloody minded, inconsistent, heartless bastard..."

These things are true, you've hurt Ran terribly and for that you are deeply sorry. Perhaps you should've stayed with her when you were given the chance to explore the world, maybe you would've found happiness together raising the next generation of leaders, but what ifs are useless to you now.

Your honor demands you do right by those who serve under you, it's not just your life you risk by disobeying orders but that of your crew.

But your honor also demands that you protect those that cannot protect themselves, that you protect the liberty of the individual. That's why you served your nation so faithfully, you truly believed that it stood for those things. But now it asks you to betray such ideals, making you realize you do not hold your allegiance to the nation but to the people and what is right. Even if it goes against your promise to do right by those that serve you, you must be selfish in this one moment or tarnish everything you stand for.

"But I am not an assassin."

Horror spreads across Ran's face as she realizes what you're saying, Yukari sags, looking both relieved and resentful.

"You do realize that fraternizing with the enemy makes you the enemy as well, by which I mean my enemy. The enemy of Ran and Chen. The enemy of your home land."
"I will never be the enemy of my people, despite what they may think."
"You're a hero to the people Rex, losing you will be too great a blow to their moral. We will have to demonise you to compensate for your loss, the people will grow to hate you."

With fury in your blood and lightening in your brain you shoot her a look of defiance.

"Then shoot coward! You will only kill a man!"

Those words echo through the bridge like a gunshot, you are trembling with fear and anger. Trying to compose yourself you open up a channel on the intercom.

"Anyone who wants to leave this ship is free to do so. I will not ask you to lay down your lives for me."

Instantly the intercom screams with feedback as all channels try to speak at once which mixes with the cries of those on the bridge as they leap from their seats, the wail bursts through the bridge wailing in your ears. Wriggle in particular looks stunned by it. Through it all however you can hear the cries of your crew.

"...be stupid cap'n!
"Your Aya will never..."
"....be kidding -ze!"
"ROW..."
....Never leave, da?"
"Always stand by you!"
"....IGHT DA POWA!"

Grinning from ear to ear Marisa cheers to you.
"Think that's a big We're staying right there captain!"
"Thank you. My friends."

With a triumphant grin you turn to Yukari, she almost looks proud of you.

"What do you say to that Admiral? Do you really think you can oppress the power of me and my crew? Our blazing spirits will scorch a path to freedom!"
"What do I say? I say I should expect no less from you, I came here with a heavy heart to give you this news. But I knew you'd make a stand like this, hell you've even inspired me."
Gracefully she pulls back from the window and bows, filled with gratitude you return the bow to he.
"Go Rex, flee this place. Tomorrow we may be foes but right now you're my friend, my student. I refuse to raise a hand to stop you."
"Thank you, Yukari. Mystia, prepare to take us clear of-"

"I REFUSE! YOU MUSTN'T GO!"

(cont)
>> No. 4569
ROW ROW
FIGHT DA POWER
>> No. 4570
>"I REFUSE! YOU MUSTN'T GO!"

OH SHI...
>> No. 4571
>"I REFUSE! YOU MUSTN'T GO!"
It's Reimu, calling it now. Doesn't want people sacrificing for her, ect.
>> No. 4572
File 121271598426.jpg - (21.49KB , 487x362 , chenyoubastards.jpg ) [iqdb]
4572
"I don't understand, why are you leaving me like this? Why won't you stay?"

At first you thought it was Ran, you expected her to make an outburst like this to try and stop you. But it's not.

"Wh-why captain?" Chen's sobbing cuts you to the bone, her childish hiccups punctuate her speech as she streams with tears gazing at you with her big sad eyes, eye that plead with you.

"Why? W-why w-w-would you lea-leave your Chen like this? You're suppose to s-stay!" She screws up her face as a fresh sob racks her body sending big wet tears streaming down her cheeks.
"You only just got home! Why are you leaving, I don't understand! Your Chen missed you, she waited for you all this time! Why are you going? And Miss Ran! Miss Ran will be sad to see you go, she waited for you all this time only for you to leave her again like this? How could you captain!"

The innocent maiden's sobs slice your heart into slivers, in front of you her heart is breaking and yet you can't even hold her or wipe away those tears. Even though you resolve is of iron, it tears you apart to see her so miserable.

"Ch-Chen, do not cry."

Help comes from an unexpected quarter, Ran places a motherly hand on her young ward's head and clears the moisture from Chen's face with a brush of her hand. Chen stops crying to look at her, Ran's face is contorted with absolute sadness and her own tears trickle down her face as she fights to stop her self from breaking down.

"The captain, does what he must. We cannot ask him to sacrifice who he is just to be with us, that wouldn't be the captain that we love would it?"
The word love is a dagger made of ice in your heart, but you savor the feeling inside. As much as it hurts, this too is part of being a true man.
"We can't be so selfish as to ask him to do that, we have to put our faith in him and hope he will return to us one day. Like we did before."

There is no hint of malice or resentment in he voice, this is the true feelings of Ran. Even if she cannot accept loosing you, she cares for you and understands you enough to allow you to be selfish like this.

".....Thank you Ran."
You manage to say heavily.
"Go, go my captain and follow the path you must."
She tries to smile at you through the running tears, all it does is accent her sadness. You refuse to look away, but choose to burn that image into your heart instead.

"So you choose to betray me Captain."

A melodious voice, loaded with haughty contempt echoes through the bridge. Another window has opened, contained within sat upon an ornate throne shrouded in shadows.

"Your highness!"

Lady Yuyuko, empress of the Hakugyokurō empire and supreme leader of all it's citizens, as well as her Royal High Guard Youmu Konpaku, who kneels before her mistress.

Silently her visage floats their, through the darkness you cannot make out her face or much detail beyond her highness sat upon the throne.

Everything has fallen deathly still, as if the whole world were holding it's breath in this moment.

"Yukari."

Her Highness says at last, the Admiral bows her head in reverence.

"I'm sorry Your Highness but I'm afraid I cannot carry out your orders, not against this man. I understand I'm being selfish in this request but I ask for the sake of our friendship you indulge me this once."
"....."

Nothing more is said, as if the Empress simply disregards anything she does not want to respond to. Now you feel like that shadowy figure is considering you, but it feels nothing like those past encounters, now her gaze makes you fear for your life.
____
[ ] "Goddamnit Yuyuko."
[ ] "Fuck you Yuyuko."
[ ] "I'm sorry to cause you this much trouble, but it is an unfortunate necessity. Perhaps when all this is over" Rose "I can buy you dinner some time?"
[ ] "Sorry but I like the Royal Guard better, delicious flat chest and all that."
[ ] "Step out into the light pretty girl, let us see your lovely face."
[ ] "....End communication."
[ ] "I'll be back later, for my throne."
>> No. 4573
Don't know why I struggled to choose.

[x] "I'm sorry to cause you this much trouble, but it is an unfortunate necessity. Perhaps when all this is over" Rose "I can buy you dinner some time?"

Cut the tension. What better way than to hit on the empress?
>> No. 4574
[x] "Sorry but I like the Royal Guard better, delicious flat chest and all that."
[x] "I'll be seeing you again Chen. I hope you're even prettier next time!"
>> No. 4575
[X] "I'm sorry to cause you this much trouble, but it is an unfortunate necessity. Perhaps when all this is over" Rose "I can buy you dinner some time?"
[X] "Of course, the Royal High Guard is welcome to come along if she'd like. I do like the stoic types..."

Right to the fucking end. That's how you show 'em your resolve.
>> No. 4576
[X] "Please forgive my selfishness."
[X] "....End communication."
>> No. 4577
[X] "....End communication."
Cutting communication as a symbol for cutting ties with Hakugyokurō, or something like that.
>> No. 4578
[x] "I'm sorry to cause you this much trouble, but it is an unfortunate necessity. Perhaps when all this is over" Rose "I can buy you dinner some time?"

Fucking
Perfect
>> No. 4579
[x] "I'm sorry to cause you this much trouble, but it is an unfortunate necessity. Perhaps when all this is over" Rose "I can buy you dinner some time?"

This line just seems to get more and more... Poetic. Don't ever change, Captain.
>> No. 4580
[x] "I'm sorry to cause you this much trouble, but it is an unfortunate necessity. Perhaps when all this is over" Rose "I can buy you dinner some time?"
[x] "Of course, the Royal High Guard is welcome to come along if she'd like. I do like the stoic types..."

The unflappable Captain Anon. Not even in the face of the gravest danger does he bat an eye, or fail to hit on a woman.
>> No. 4581
[x] "....End communication."
>> No. 4582
[x] "....End communication."
GTFO
>> No. 4583
[x] "I'm sorry to cause you this much trouble, but it is an unfortunate necessity. Perhaps when all this is over" Rose "I can buy you dinner some time?"
>> No. 4584
[X] "I'm sorry to cause you this much trouble, but it is an unfortunate necessity. Perhaps when all this is over" Rose "I can buy you dinner some time?"
[X] "Of course, the Royal High Guard is welcome to come along if she'd like. I do like the stoic types..."

We're Captain Anon.

Always leave them with a smile and a flash of the rose.
>> No. 4585
[X] "....End communication."
>> No. 4586
[x] "I'm sorry to cause you this much trouble, but it is an unfortunate necessity. Perhaps when all this is over" Rose "I can buy you dinner some time?"
[x] "Of course, the Royal High Guard is welcome to come along if she'd like. I do like the stoic types..."

THE SEVERITY OF THIS SITUATION ONLY MAKES MY RESOLVE TOUGHER.
>> No. 4587
--Damn it, we should have waited till Ran and Chen were aboard, and THEN taken off.

Damn it, damn it, damn it.
>> No. 4588
>>4587

I doubt it would have gone as "smooth" as the actual events that have transpired. I'd guess the argument would have resulted in a far worse outcome had they gotten aboard the Herald.
>> No. 4589
File 121271991752.jpg - (42.64KB , 800x800 , 1212457910166.jpg ) [iqdb]
4589
"I'm sorry to cause you this much trouble, but it is an unfortunate necessity. Perhaps when all this is over,"
With a flourish you raise the rose high as a sign of your respect.
"Perhaps I can buy you dinner some time?"
With a slight tilt of your head you indicate Youmu.
"Of course, the Royal High Guard is welcome to come along if she'd like. I do like the stoic types..."

An unearthly giggle emanates from the Empresses' chamber, a light resonant sound that fills you with dread. In response to some unspoken command, Youmu stands from her position kneeling at the foot of her mistress and draws her swords. Raising one she points it at you.

"The empress has decided, you are to die for your treason and your insults to her highness. I, Youmu Konpaku, sworn defender of the Empress' body, soul and honor shall chase you until the day you die Captain Anonymous Rex. Until your death I too shall be exiled from my home, never to return without your head mounted on my sword. The things my blade cannot cut."
"Are next to none!"

With a vicious slash that you could practically feel through the window ends the transmission from the empress. Youmu Konpaku has sworn to kill you, she is know for being one of the greatest sword fighters alive and possessing the fastest vessel in the entire Empire. You'll be hard pressed to defend yourself against her, it's probable that she will never allow you a moment's rest so long as you still live.

Why does that excite you so much?

"You know captain,"
Yukari grins and watches you fondly.
"For a man who just lost everything you're looking pretty happy."
"Really? Perhaps I've gone mad?"
You can't help but grin lopsidedly at her, laughing Alice joins in.
"You've spent too much time around Marisa I think Captain!"
"Hey! If my madness is contagious then you'd be totally nuts by now -ze!"
"I'd have to be to put up with you this long."
Mystia pipes up as well.
"I think we're all a little bit crazy for following the captain for as long as we have~."
"Well, sanity is for the weak -ze!"
"Girls...."

You're so over come with gratitude, to have the support of these women. You don't deserve such a crew.

"Captain, we have another vessel approaching! It's Youmu!"
"Ah, Yukari. I'm afraid I'm going to have to cut this meeting short."
"I understand Rex, please take care. You know after you've taken the empress out maybe you can buy me one of the many dinners you've promised me over the years."
You share a laugh over that and then say goodbye warmly once again, her window closes leaving only Ran and Chen.
"I promise, some how, some way, that I will visit the pair of you before another year has passed."
"Don't make promises you can't keep."
Ran smiles sadly at you, but you refuse to back down.
"No, I mean it! Do you understand? I'm free of any responsibility now! So I can see you, even if it means I have to dash behind enemy lines and sneak into your room at night. I will, return!"
"...Th-that would be nice."
Is about all she can manage to say, Chen can't even use words now as tears stream down her face like twin water falls.
"...Chen, take care of Ran for me. You've got to grow up to be a beautiful woman you hear me? That means you can't let yourself mope around missing me or you'll get wrinkles from frowning all the time."
She nods dumbly, her eyes never leaving your face.
"That's a good girl."
"Cap'n gotta cut this short! Youmu is gaining on us!"
Marisa's frantic suggestion spurs you into action, you nod to Ran and Chen.
"Goodbye, see you later."

Then that window winks out too, now all that dominates your vision is the sight of Yukari's subordinates and Ran's ship blocking the approaching vessel, mentally you thank them all for their help.

"Aya! Momizi! Full power to the engines!"
"What's the course captain?"
"Which way is the wind blowing Alice?"
"Um, to the north sir."
"Then I guess we're going to Moriya!"
"Hah! I suppose it's a good good as course as any captain!"

As The Herald turns to face the setting sun you extend your hand and clasp it around that blazing orange light.

"Mystia, bring me that horizon!"

____
>> No. 4590
>>4588
We would have pulled it off, because we're awesome.
>> No. 4591
[x] "Youmu Konpaku? I liked her better when she was called ZENGAR ZOMVOLT!"
>> No. 4592
>>4589

So, is that a wrap for today?
>> No. 4593
Alright, that finishes that up.
Now get the fuck back to work on Alice molesting and torturing us against our will.
>> No. 4594
>>4593
This.
>> No. 4595
>>4593
Already fapping
>> No. 4596
>>4592
Yeah, I get the feeling it kind of trailed off at the end there as I lost steam which is a shame. But it's now 4.04am and my chest is acting up again, I'm immensely hungry and haven't eaten very much today. I am beginning to think the two are related.

>>4593

/forest/ LA: DAY 5

Alice has a heart attack and dies, David starves to death chained up in the basement.

THE END
>> No. 4597
How can anything be this awesome? It blows my mind, that it does.
>> No. 4598
>>4596
We bothered you long enough about it so that you won't ever continue?
>> No. 4599
>>4598
Thats the kind of despair only Scorn would pull.
>> No. 4600
>>4599

I'd be more pissed off than the time he said there was no shanghai route.
>> No. 4601
>>4596
Awesome to the end. I love this series, Scorn. Never quit writing it. It brings me manly tears.

Bah, I so wanted to tell Yuyuko off.
"I am eternally loyal to my nation, which was founded upon peace, chivalry, and prosperity. I would gladly give my life in a heartbeat for it, and have felt its absence for over a year now.

Please tell me if you happen to see it, for that nation is certainly not present here."
>> No. 4603
>>4596
>But it's now 4.04am and my chest is acting up again, I'm immensely hungry and haven't eaten very much today. I am beginning to think the two are related.

It's possible your chest pain is related to your hunger. I once managed a whole day on nothing but breakfast, but by the time evening rolled around it felt like my heart was exploding.
>> No. 4604
>>4596
As much as i want the Yandere Alice and torture, i want this more.
I can only say this was FUCK AWESOME, and why do i always keep thinking of Irresponsible Captain Taylor while reading this?
"Scorn, bring me that horizon!"
>> No. 4605
That night, a woman cries herself to sleep.
She loved that man. She loved that man for all the years they had been together. She loved him more than anyone else.
But she also loved her country.
This is why she could not follow that man.
Had she not cared for her country she would have followed him without a second thought.
But there were people there who needed her. The girl with two tails who would grow up into a beautiful woman.

"Rex..."

Maybe if she had told him her feelings she would be with him right now, standing at that podium right next to him.

As the woman with nine tails drifts off to sleep, a single red, red rose appears on her desk.
He loved her too.

-------------------

Inspired by me thinking it would have been awesome if Captain Anon threw a rose at the screen before the transmission closed and then it somehow warped to Ran's ship. I guess Scorn didn't think of that, though.
>> No. 4606
File 121272930054.jpg - (114.69KB , 800x600 , davidgrievance.jpg ) [iqdb]
4606
I was bored.
>> No. 4607
Damn fine job, Scorn. Now give us our Yandere Alice.
>> No. 4609
>As The Herald turns to face the setting sun you extend your hand and clasp it around that blazing orange light.

>"Mystia, bring me that horizon!"

...Fuck, that's an awesome mental picture.

>>4572
>[ ] "Goddamnit Yuyuko."
HOLY SHIT
WE'VE JUST BROKEN A MEME.
>> No. 4610
>>4596

HOORAY!
>> No. 4611
Okay guys hate to say it but I need to two day break.

1) I've shirked social gatherings to write but I can do so no longer.

2) My chest is starting to worry me.

So I won't be writing anything for a bit until I've seen some people and seen a doctor.
>> No. 4612
File 121277337986.png - (168.70KB , 642x362 , Lightisevil.png ) [iqdb]
4612
>2) My chest is starting to worry me.
>> No. 4613
>>4612
I think I'm having a heart attack. Yes. It's definitely a heart attack.
>> No. 4614
>>4611
And I hate to hear it. Still, it's probably for the best.
>> No. 4615
>4611
Take some time, get yourself set straight. I wouldn't want one of my favorite writefags having a heart attack in the middle of his own story.

Also, in spite of fear of being called a cocksucker, I just want to say I do love your work, and can't wait till you feel better so we can get some more. Great job, man.
>> No. 4616
>>4615
>>Slurp slurp

Cocksucker.

>>4611
>>two day break

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 4617
>>4611
Damn....
Well, get better, meet new people and then back to writing nigger.
I expect your return on mondayy.
>> No. 4618
>>4611
Get well man. See you soon.
>> No. 4619
Scorn if you die before you write the hot Alice torture scene I will never forgive you.
>> No. 4620
File 121277814920.jpg - (24.02KB , 640x360 , 1182411318884.jpg ) [iqdb]
4620
>>4612

One down. Five to go.
>> No. 4621
>>4611
Yes, go see a fucking doctor. Chest pains are nothing to ignore. I hope you're okay, hope to see you back here and feeling fine again soon.
>> No. 4622
File 12127818722.jpg - (40.58KB , 600x849 , hisui waiting.jpg ) [iqdb]
4622
>>4611
take care, I'll be waiting for you
>> No. 4623
We shouldn't have taken the pins away from the doll's chest, now look at what we have done to scorn.
>> No. 4624
>>4611

Go get yourself checked out. You're not allowed to die until I see some nightbug action!
>> No. 4625
>>4611
Definitely get that checked. Remember what happened to Jim Henson.
>> No. 4626
Got checked out. Probably a pulled muscle in my chest near my diaphragm, nothing can be done if that's the case. Taking pain killers and waiting for it to get better, if it doesn't gonna see the doctor.

Feeling a bit loopy from the pills so I will refrain from writing much to your chagrin, but at least I can breathe comfortably. Does mean I can't go out drinking tonight as well though.

Anyway should I recover by tomorrow I'll get back to writing. If I don't I will say so.
>> No. 4627
>>4626
>>Does mean I can't go out drinking tonight as well though.
Oh god. I'm...I'm so sorry.
(irc people know I'm being sincere when I say that)
>> No. 4628
>>4626
Good news, I'm glad you told us.
>> No. 4629
Scorns penis, I will be stroking it.
>>4628
>> No. 4630
>>4626
Hey, glad to hear that at least it wasn't something too serious.

Not being able to drink kinda sucks though.
>> No. 4631
>>4626
ITT we care for Scorn. Good that nothing serious happened.
>> No. 4632
Glad you're okay, Scorn.

When you feel better, give us some more crazy Alice love. Then have Marisa swoop in and save us like a knight in shinning armor.
>> No. 4633
>>4632
>>Then have Marisa swoop in and save us like a knight in shinning armor.
You're implying that we have something we need to be saved from. I for one welcome our new marionette overlord.
>> No. 4634
File 121287778770.jpg - (49.91KB , 500x280 , notasplanned.jpg ) [iqdb]
4634
>>4626
>> No. 4635
File 121287933293.jpg - (207.42KB , 550x700 , moromanga_room_07.jpg ) [iqdb]
4635
Meanwhile, Wriggle is getting exterminated while David sleeps.
>> No. 4636
>>4632
>When you feel better, give us some more crazy Alice love. Then have Marisa swoop in and rape David.
>> No. 4637
File 121288615439.png - (174.95KB , 1051x755 , hooray.png ) [iqdb]
4637
>>4626
>> No. 5065
Does anyone else have "Wizards in Winter" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra running through their head when they think about an epic battle between Capt. Rex and Youmu?
>> No. 5125
>>5065
No, but I want that song ever since I saw the video where that guy synched a shitload of christmas light displays on and around his house to that song.
>> No. 5128
>>5125
http://rapidshare.com/files/121763682/Wizards_In_Winter.mp3
>> No. 5140
>>5065
I'm always having that song running through my head. Always.
>> No. 5141
File 121327406048.jpg - (37.57KB , 766x218 , 7MINUTES.jpg ) [iqdb]
5141
>>5128

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 5142
>>5141
Sucks to be you. Why not use the time to WRITE
>> No. 5143
>>5141
Could just reset your modem. It fools RS's IP detector.
>> No. 5144
>>5140
Everyone is now playing "Wizards In Winter" in their heads. MANUALLY.
>> No. 5320
>>5128
Awesome, thank you!
>> No. 5323
>>5320
No problem. Glad to spread the enjoyment of TSO.
>> No. 5325
Wizards of Winter always shucked the clam right out of me. Nothing personal, nothing personal. The music amused, and I moves while I muse, and they say I muse too much--that's my problem, but I can't hang my towel up to dry, because I come in the next day and find that it smells downright rotten, and I end up having to change them for the other ones.

No, the problem, you see, lies with me and lies in me. Wizards. It's a flip of the coin--no, no, that's not right at all. Have you ever noticed that a coin's got three sides? There's the heads, the tails, and the edge, with is one strip down--well, the edge, I suppose.

What I mean to say--and since I often don't say what I mean, this can't be taken for granted either, you remember that--is that it's right down the center line, theoretically speaking. It's a pie chart of probability, split into equal twos. Or ones, with a one and a one making two.

X and Y.

You understand, right? It was my own fault. I shoved him into my head when I was young, and now it is too late to tell him to leave.

She always scared me.
>> No. 5326
>>5325
One toke over the line, sweet Jesus, one toke over the line.
>> No. 5328
>>5326
I understood it just fine man. Maybe you just need to like, chill out, or something.
>> No. 5329
>>5325

I understand you, man. Really.

Chill.
>> No. 5334
File 121347371678.png - (70.17KB , 360x200 , Yukkuri_MarisaReimu.png ) [iqdb]
5334
Take it easy.
>> No. 5337
>>5325
I'm suddenly remembering that we need a story with a Malkavianonymous.
>> No. 5349
I'm sorry. Really, I am. You didn't understand, right?

I read it when I was little, and I don't remember any more. There's no help for it. No matter how much I search, it stays out there, past the edge of the rainbow. I've given up.

It was a folktale, you see--though perhaps it doesn't exist, perhaps it's mutated into something else over the years. The years, they say, are a powerful pool of waste, and they weigh the most heavily on my mind. And it can only accumulate as the years go by. By twenty, I shall be old and gray.

Witch in the midst of winter, I believe, or a winter-witch in the midst? There was winter, and there was a witch, and there was some sort of connection, I'm sure, I'm sure. Kidnapping. The boy, being colder and colder, dying from the inside out, scrambles the letters trying to find an answer that makes sense. It's not working. His sister, in the end, saved him, somehow--with a kiss? I don't know. Everything was roses and kisses back then. Platonic. They understood. Nowadays, we don't understand--we're prudes and rudes and crudes all around. And the letters shuffled and the witch disappeared and everything was beautiful.

I can't remember anything anymore.
>> No. 5369
>>5349
I have to know.

Is this from a book? A movie? Or are you simply the greatest introspective writer I've seen for far too long?
>> No. 5372
>>5369
I'm not a great writer. Nobody should think that, that I'm a great writer. It must be my fault--somehow, I've hoodwinked you.

I can't explain things to anybody. I have these images in my mind, and as they travel down my stem, through the base of my skull, my jaw, my lips, my tongue, they become something else, something almost but not quite what I meant.

So it's best this way, right? No code, no rebus, no numbers-for-letters, but English As She Is Thought, word for word for idea. That's a lie: it isn't the best at all. Everything's wrong, as wrong as it is when I try to speak. But it's wrong in the RIGHT way, and I think that's a first step of a million miles, maybe.
>> No. 5380
File 121348702848.jpg - (129.60KB , 700x468 , lolwut.jpg ) [iqdb]
5380
>>5372
>> No. 5392
>>5372

Saying very little with a lot words is a mark of a great writer. But don't bring it too hard. Pace yourself. Take it easy.
>> No. 5394
>>5372
Actually, you sound like the narrator of one of those old books. Or maybe a Western.
>> No. 5398
>>5372
Aquí perdiste la coherencia. Aún así, no lo creo un viaje de tal longitud, ya que ha de tener un tamaño relativo al que lo ve. También puede ser el primer paso, pero uno qué tan largo?
>> No. 5431
Who ever the fuck you are, WRITE MORE.
>> No. 5869
I'd just like to go on record, saying that the Mystia in the OP pic makes my pants tight.