[Return]
Archived thread

File 121089348640.jpg - (112.19KB , 1047x754 , 120864595225.jpg ) [iqdb]
2777 No. 2777
"Oh Marisa, you tsundere!"
"What? Don't say such odd things you....you DOUBLE WERIDO."
"!!!"

You're stunned, not sure why but what she just said shoots through you like lightning making you stop in your tracks. Noticing you're not following Marisa stops and looks at you curiously.
"What's wrong -ze?"
"Ah, U dunno. Just don't call me a weirdo please."
"Mmm, NO!" Cupping her hands around her mouth Marisa begins to call out to an invisible audience around her.
"Hey everybody! David is a real WEIRDO!"
"Stop shouting!"
Running away from you she chants "Weirdo! Weirdo!" as you give chase begging her to stop, her skirts flowing around her ankles she giggles at you and takes off of the ground, floating backwards she stares you in the face and blows a raspberry at you.
"Last one to the house is a DOUBLE WEIRDO."
"No fair! Flying is cheating!"
In response to your protests she just sticks her tongue out at you again, sniggers and drifts off ahead. Even as you run with all your might trying to keep up with this magical witch girl she always hovers just beyond your reach mocking you, finally exhausted you collapse on the steps of the porch just after she alights at the top of the steps triumphantly.
"I win."
She announces,wheezing you summon the breath to argue.
"Cheater."
She merely scoffs at you. "I never said there was any rules did I? I still win, so there!" Raising a finger above her head she lowers it in a graceful arc so it points at you, an inch before your nose sending you cross eyed.
"The looser owes the winner one favor!"
And with a poke she flicks your nose making you recoil, going back inside she sets about her mushroom pots as you sit at the table.
"So what do you want out of me?"
A back rub? A date? A kiss? A romantic evening alone.....
"Ah? Oh I dunno, nothing right now. I'll hold onto it, at the very least I can use it to make sure you don't skip out on magic time again."
Gah, this girl.

The kitchen still smells of the thick aroma of the stewing mushrooms that seems to hang around at the moment, humming gently to herself Marisa sets about making tea seemingly on automatic seeing as she didn't even ask if you wanted a cup and she's making it for two. Using this chance to catch your breath you realize you're hungry, even the smell of the mushrooms can't dampen your appetite. As if reading your mind Marisa sets your tea down in front of you, takes a sip of hers and says.
"So what do you want to do about lunch?"

__

[ ] Eat lunch with Reimu

[ ] Make lunch for both of you

[ ] Get her to make lunch

>> No. 2778
Sorry forgot to add, if either

[ ] Make lunch for both of you

[ ] Get her to make lunch

is chosen, choose from the extra options.

[ ] Replace the key to the shed y/n

[ ] Ask about beer spider y/n
>> No. 2779
[x] Make lunch for both of you
[x] Ask about beer spider

The question is, does Marisa even know she has a giant, beer-bestowing spider in her shed?
>> No. 2780
[X] Make lunch for both of you
[X] Ask about beer spider
>> No. 2781
[x] Make lunch for both of you
[x] Ask about beer spider
>> No. 2782
[ ] Make lunch for both of you
[y] Ask about beer spider
>> No. 2783
[x] Make lunch for both of you
[x] Ask about beer spider

And hopefully she is fond of it, because if not, it'll come down to one or the other, and we all know who we'll side with
>> No. 2784
[] Make lunch for both of you
[] Ask about beer spider

I don't trust her cooking.
>> No. 2785
[x] Make lunch for both of you.
[x] Ask about beer spider YES

Hopefully she knows nothing about it and will freak out.
>> No. 2786
[ ] Make lunch for both of you
[ ] Ask about beer spider
>> No. 2787
File 121089702436.jpg - (39.23KB , 394x454 , 1209168786504.jpg ) [iqdb]
2787
"Well. I suppose I could make lunch if you want...."
"You? Can you even cook?"
"I don't really know yet to be honest." For some reason admitting this is a little embarrassing, you didn't want to highlight your uselessness to her.
"But I did make soup yesterday, it's not much but I reckon I could give it a go."
Marisa just shrugs at you and leans back in her chair, pointing to a cupboard behind you she says.
"Knock yourself out, there's not much food left which is why I need you to go shopping for me." Without leaving her chair she stretches over to the kitchen counter, grabs a pad and begins to scribble something down on it.
"Here, you get to work and I'll write a shopping list."
"Right."

Opening up the cupboard confirms Marisa's increasing lack of food: a bag of white rice, a half loaf of white bread, a few old looking vegetables that should be perfectly fine to eat, some dusty looking eggs, a few pounds of mince wrapped up in wax paper and some fish preserved oil that Marisa tells you are Mackerel.

As you peruse her ingredients, you decide to broach the little subject of your mysterious buddy in the shed.

"Hey, Marisa?"
"Mmm." She doesn't look up from her list but chews on her pencil. Funny, you never thought she'd be the type.
"Do you go down to your shed very often?"
"Uh? Oh, no. Not really." She says absentmindedly as she jots something down. "I only keep a few gardening tools in there, some winter supplies for storms and a few bottles of my good stuff. I keep my usual stuff in the house, what we had was for parties and special occasions."
"So you're saying that you haven't been in there for a while...." You're trying to word this carefully.
"Uhh, no. This time of year I don't have much reason to. Why do you keep talking about my shed?"
Fuck it, ask her.
"Marisa, have you ever seen anything unusual in your shed?"
"What're you talking about? Was it unlocked when you went out there, shouldn't you have told me sooner?"
"No it's not that it's just...."
"What? Is something weird in there? I want to know now -ze!"
You sigh, hopeless. She doesn't seem to know a thing about the beer spider, how long has it been living there if she didn't know about it though?
"It's nothing, say what would you like to eat?"
"Huh? Oh anything really, I'm easy -ze."

__

[ ] Hamburgers from the mince

[ ] Sandwiches from the bread

[ ] Omelettes from the eggs

[ ] Grilled Mackerel and rice
>> No. 2788
[ ] Hamburgers from the minc
>> No. 2789
[X] Grilled Mackerel and rice.

Lulz, healthy.
>> No. 2790
[ ] Hamburgers from the mince

>>2787
Shit, now we've made her curious. I hope this doesn't end in Beer Spider getting Sparked (or her getting eaten) when her curiosity gives in and she goes to take a look.
>> No. 2791
>>2790

No, it'll just result in an omake where the beer spider impregnates Marisa.
>> No. 2792
No you don't!
[x] Tell her about Beer Spider
>> No. 2793
Or us killing Marisa, and then taking over Gensokyo with the Beer Spider and anyone who doesn't get taken in as our pet gets to be spider food.

Also,
[ ] Hamburgers from the mince
>> No. 2794
[ ] Hamburgers from the mince.

Poor Beer Spider. His host doesn't even know he exist.
>> No. 2795
[x] Ass sandwiches. They'll be made of ass and poo.
In case Marisa overreacts to the Beer Spider, we better give him some shelter in the form of the Tavernmaster right away. They'll become the best of friends.
>> No. 2796
[ ] Hamburgers from the mince

mince, what the fuck
>i read it as 'mice'
>> No. 2797
[X] Hamburgers from the mince.
Don't worry, Beer Spider. Even if you're completely ignored by Marisa, I'll always love you. ;_;
>> No. 2798
[x] Omelettes from the eggs

Dammit people tap into the cross-Anon powers!

Also later on we must spring the spider out to help save somebody from something, what what.
>> No. 2799
[ ] Hamburgers from the mince

HAMBURGERS?
>> No. 2800
>>2798

We can always do that weird Japanese thing, and put eggs on the hamburgers.
>> No. 2801
File 121090257011.jpg - (29.46KB , 368x318 , 1208979035462.jpg ) [iqdb]
2801
First you wash your hands under the pump, a good chef always washes his hands first plus you don't want Marisa thinking you're a slob or anything.

Rolling the mince under your hand in circles you make thick meaty balls of the mince then press down on them to make flat round patties, satisfied with their thickness you use an unoccupied hob to heat a frying pan with a little oil. Chucking the burgers in the pan where they sizzle away you look for something to put them in, tucked away near the bread are a few floury rolls that seem fairly fresh so you grab those and split them with a knife.

Better flip those burgers, with a deft flick of the spatula the four of them are sent whirling through the air for a second before landing back in the pan with a small splash of oil. Both sides are turning a tasty brown and the kitchen is now the battle field for two scents, that of the mushroom stews and the invading fried cow. Sniffing Marisa looks up curiously.
"What are you making?"
Digging out a jar of mustard from the pantry you start to condiment the buns as you grin at her.
"Have you ever had a burger Marisa?"
"Burger? Wassat?"

A sliding chop with the spatula again and you send one of the burgers into a waiting bun, handing it to Marisa you can't help but feel your heart skip a beat. Will she like it? As you put the rest of them onto a plate and bring them over to the table Marisa chews with exaggerated care, whether to tease you or because she actually wants to take her time tasting is anyone's guess. She even makes little "Hmmm" sounds as she considers the fruits of your labor with every bite, until finally after chomping down on the last piece....

"Awesome!" She give you a thumbs up as she reaches for her second, glad that she likes it you grab your own share of lunch.

"So, like, is this something you'd eat a lot in the other world?" She asks innocently.
".... Marisa......"
"Huh? Oh shi- I'm sorry Davey, I keep forgetting." Pressing her hand together she offers a little bow to you. "I keep thinking like you're from around here actually. Y'know?"

The rest of lunch passes thankfully without incident, you're getting eager to set off now and help Marisa out by looking through her kitchen telling her what she has and hasn't got in stock. The whole morning with her has been a bit hot and cold, you'd like a chance to be alone for a bit or at least away from her. Nothing against her, but you need your space and she probably could use hers.

"Ooookay! I think that's everything, you're sure you can carry it all?"
"I'll manage, it's not like I'll have to carry it all the way back here is it."
"Yeah, if you can get Reimu to drop you off home because I'll be busy until late. Don't worry the door will be unlocked, youkai won't try anything on MY house and there's no robbers around for miles. If you can't get a ride back I'll come get you when I can, probably just after sunset, wait for me in the town square. K'?"
"Get Reimu to drop me off, door's unlocked. Otherwise wait for you in the square, sunset. Got it."

Taking you through the hall she hands you a couple of burlap sacks and bags to carry it all in, it must be nice to be able to fly you think. Shopping or getting around in general would be so much easier, but you wonder how she's going to take you along? Is it going to be all Peter Pan style where she just holds your hand? (who's peter pan?) Or maybe she'll give you a piggy back ride?

That doesn't seem likely, stepping out into the ante-chamber she changes her shoes into those hefty boots she wore when you first met her and grabs the broom by the door.

"Wait, you're a witch that flies on a broom?"
"Yeah, what of it? What do you think I'd use?"
"But isn't that really." You search for the word. "Cliche?"
She scowls at you so you drop it, how can you explain what you mean when you don't even quite get what you're striving at? Stepping out into the midday sun it's gotten a little warmer since the morning and the dew has disappeared even if the clouds still feel like hanging around threatening the world with rain, but the air is still and it leaves this section of the forest feeling tranquil.

How scared of Marisa are the local Youkai? That Cirno girl must've been pretty brave to come here.

"All righty. Hop on!" Marisa literally mounts the broom and not in the lady like side saddle fashion but full on broom handle between her legs style, that's just like her. She's beckoning for you to join her just below where she's sitting right above the bristles. Taking that spot you try to shift and get comfortable.
"Stop doing that, it throws me off." Grabbing your hand she waves it around saying. "Use these ya' doofus, just grab onto me. And hold on tight! I like to fly fast."

Did.... did she just give you PERMISSION to grab her anywhere you want? Oh god looking at her more closely now that you're sat behind her you can see the broom handle is nestled right between her butt cheeks, leaving her dress pulled tight making the crevice of her cheeks oh so visible.

__

[ ] Hold her around the waist
[ ] Hold onto her shoulders
[ ] Hold her around the chest (BEWBS!)
[ ] Hold onto the broom best you can

+

[ ] Sit as far away as possible
[ ] Sit close
[ ] Snuggle
[ ] Cock snuggle her arse crack
>> No. 2802
[x] Hold her around the waist
[x] Sit close
>> No. 2803
[X] Hold her around the waist.
[X] Snuggle.

I'd go for cocksnuggling her ass, but frankly she might already be distracted considering how she rides that broom. Last thing we need is to fall off because she can't fly straight.
>> No. 2804
>>2801
[ ] Hold her around the waist
[ ] Sit close
Do not want bad end, DO WANT Marisa.
>> No. 2805
[ ] Hold her around the waist
[ ] Sit close
>> No. 2806
[ ] Hold her around the waist
[ ] Sit close

Grab some nice Marisa but not too much.
>> No. 2807
[X] Hold her around the waist.
[X] Snuggle.

>and not in the lady like side saddle fashion but full on broom handle between her legs style
FUCK YEAH

Side-saddle is outdated, probably sexist, and frankly, looks stupid.
>> No. 2808
[x]Hold her around the waist
[x]Snuggle

she said hold tight! i-it's not like we like her or anything!
>> No. 2809
>>2807
Actually it's because women can have an orgasm from riding a horse like a man.

Think about it she spreads her legs, climbs ontop of a big, warm beast, that moves in a loping up and down motion in between her thighs. If you're setting about creating a sexually oppressive society you can't have women ENJOYING horse riding, that wouldn't be LADY LIKE. So side saddle was invented.
>> No. 2810
>>2809
>Side-saddle is outdated, probably sexist, and frankly, looks stupid.
Check... check... and check.
>> No. 2811
[x]Hold her around the waist
[x]Snuggle
>> No. 2812
>>2809

Uh it's more that you can't wear a long skirt while riding astride.
>> No. 2813
[x] Hold her around the waist
[x] Snuggle

Not only do you get to irritate her, but she'll act as nice windbreaker.

Ever seen a dog hanging out the window on a highway having it's skin start to pull back and wobble? Yeah.
>> No. 2815
>>2813
>>2814

By not clearing my namefield, I've created a time paradox

Oh shit
>> No. 2816
[ ] Hold her around the waist
[ ] Sit close
>> No. 2817
>>2812
THEN PULL IT UP, FAGGOT.

Or wear a riding skirt, like Len does.
>> No. 2818
File 121090768749.jpg - (27.30KB , 353x400 , marisa-01.jpg ) [iqdb]
2818
"Hold on a second Marisa."
You shuffle around on the hard broom a little longer trying to get in a well balanced positioned. Wrapping your hands around her waist you draw a little closer to her, she jumps slightly as you do. Craning around she looks at you, she's pink in the cheek again.
"You ready?"
"Not yet."
And with another little slide you press up close against her back snuggling you chest against her (while trying to keep your semi from prodding her), she squeals a little as you do.
"Ah! W-what's with you again! You're all .... grabby today."
"What's the matter? If we're flying if I sit like this it will reduce drag and keep both of us warm." Pulling the most innocent expression you can you add.
"Why, what were you thinking?"
"Wha? Um," You're sure she blushes deeper as she turns her face away, her neck certainly seems pretty red so you give her a little extra squeeze for being so cute.
"No never mind then. G-good thinking Davey."

Come to think of it you hadn't given Marisa a hug until today, everyone from Alice, Reimu and Wriggle but not Marisa. Maybe that's why she's acting a little uncertain around you? Well, you'll just have to do your best to make her more comfortable about this kind of thing in the future~
For now you just enjoy holding onto her, she's warm and smells nice, for some reason just having her in your arms is making your heart race and you haven't even taken to the air yet!

"All right hold onto your hats!" Wait, how does hers stay on during flight?
"Because here! We! Go!" Pounding her feet on the ground she charges towards the trees, picking up speed at a tremendous rate you feel the broom judder as the magic kicks in and suddenly you feel you feet dangling beneath you.

Looming up in front of you is a great old pine tree with gnarled and painful looking branches, out of fear you clutch onto Marisa even tighter as she laughs at you. With a jerk she sends the broom hurtling into the air at an almost 90 degree angle before slamming down on the neck of it to level it out, not an elegant art this broom flight thing is it? Or is she showing off...

No time to consider that now though, bursting into the clear air above the forest roof you marvel at the sheer size of it. Extending all around you is a sea of verdant green leaves, in the distance are great purple mountains shrouded in clouds and on the other end of the horizon the forest breaks away to reveal miles of farm land dotted with tiny houses. It's towards those fields that Marisa guides you now, the cold wind snatches at your clothes and blasts your bare skin making them dry and numb.

"This is amazing!"

You yell to Marisa, it's like something out of a dream. Looking back at you she smiles at you and points to her ears and shakes her head, guess she can't hear you. Tapping your hand she presses something into your open palm, careful not to drop it you look inside.

A little white ear bud rests there shaking slightly in the turbulence, following the line with your eye you find it's attached to the same little iPod you saw that one bright morning when you met this girl. It's twin rests in her ear, even though she's watching her flying you're sure you saw her flick glance back at you with a smile.

Seeing no reason not to, you pop the bud in your ear.

"When the truth is found to beeeeeee lies,
And all the jooooooooy within you dies......"

____

Signing off for tonight, but you lucky people! I have the next three days totally to myself! I'll be looking for work during this time, but I can finally devote myself to my writing! Hooray!

BTW, I expect this is me being paranoid but is this thing still reading okay on your end? I'm doubting a few parts of it at times, but I think I'm just a little tired of writing Marisa and two handed scenes. Feed back plz?
>> No. 2819
>>2818
I'm enjoying it, Scorn. Keep it up. Needs more scat, though.
>> No. 2820
>>2818
I'm enjoying it so far.
>> No. 2821
>>2819
Shut your fucking mouth.
>> No. 2822
>>2818
No worries, Scorn. It's still good. I love the amount of detail you put into the story.
>> No. 2824
I like it.
>> No. 2826
>>2818
Coming through loud and clear on this end, chief. Your pitch-perfectly tsundere Marisa is especially enjoyable.
>> No. 2827
I can honestly say, without a hint of flattery, that you write my favorite interpretation of Marisa. I honestly look forward to a more in-depth look at Alice and Wriggle (you were serious about the no Reimu route, right?).
>> No. 2828
>>2818
Can't complain, cap'n.
>> No. 2829
Hey, wait. Marisa can't fly by herself, she needs her broom for that.
>> No. 2830
Seeing as how you're the father of board-specific LAs, I think you already know how people think of you.

One only has to see the LA on every board to know you've been an inspiration.

Except for the /eientei/ author. Goddamn railroading, metagaming faggot.
>> No. 2831
>>2830

I get the metagaming part (hopefully he'll cut that shit out), but railroading? Aside from the missed call to adventure and punishment for the retarded tea option, I see little of that.
>> No. 2832
>>2830
>>2831

I'd say the guy in /other/ is more guilty of railroading. The /eientei/ atleast wrote some lame "Rocks fall, everyone dies" endings, while he just blantantly said "Nope, won't let ya do that"
>> No. 2833
>>2832
Maybe, but at least his isn't painful to read.
>> No. 2835
>>2818

DON'T YOU WANT SOMEBODY TO LOVE
DON'T YOU NEED SOMEBODY TO LOVE
WOULDN'T YOU LOVE SOMEBODY TO LOVE
YOU BETTER FIND SOMEBODY TO LOVE
>> No. 2838
I like this story. Marisa is really fun. I mean, she is introduced rocking out to Lead Zepplin! What's not to like?

Please hold back on the scat though. :(
>> No. 2839
>>2838
>Lead Zepplin
>:(
>mailto:jacob@alrec.com

Is this some elaborate reverse-psychology to make him post more scat? Because it just might work.
>> No. 2840
Dangit! I didn't think about that. Also, I noticed the typo. :(
>> No. 2841
Listening to fortunate son by Creedence Clearwater Revival just now I got the mental image of Marisa using her magic napalm attack to do bombing runs like it's Vietnam.

I reckon there potential in this line of thought...
>> No. 2842
>>2841
Smells like victory, ze.
>> No. 2843
>>2841

Ain't war crimes if no one gets caught
>> No. 2844
>>2841
I love the smell of Alice's poop in the morning.
>> No. 2845
>>2841

Someday this war's gonna end.

WHY U RITE SO SLOW?
>> No. 2851
File 121104501317.jpg - (59.84KB , 487x550 , 1209680460545.jpg ) [iqdb]
2851
Flying is an amazing experience, darting through the sky over the fields and farms is exhilarating. Sometimes groups of children catch sight of the broom as it whizzes through the sky and they chase along waving and shouting, Marisa seems to be quite a celebrity around here. All this is accompanied by the musical style of Jefferson Airplane that lends a surreal tint on this fantastical journey.

Shivering against the cold air as it whips your bare skin you press yourself against Marisa's warm back a little more, shafts of golden light beam down from breaks in the clouds promising fine weather for the afternoon and painting the landscape with a variety of colours. Although dark and ominous clouds hang heavily on the horizon with the threat of rain soon.

After a few minutes of freezing flight you spot a concentration of houses and other buildings. To call it a village is misleading, the size is much more like small town than a village although there's not buildings taller than two stories by the look of things, all surrounded by a wooden palisade with towers every few feet. Marisa circles the bustling place once giving you a good look at it's streets packed with brightly coloured stalls and mingling crowds, you try to memorize the lay out of the streets for later reference as the pair of you descend.

Pulling up to a small patch of bare earth just beyond one of the town's gates, kicking her legs down she brings the broom to a skidding halt conjuring up a dust cloud behind the pair of you. Shifting your numb legs you swing yourself off of the hard broom and begin to untie the bags and such hitched to the back.
"Okay, here" She presses a piece of paper into your hand." "Is the list, make sure you get everything on it -ze! Here's the money" She hands you a purse hefty with coins. "Try not to spend too much okay?"
"Yeah okay."
"Try not to stick out too much."
"Right."
"Don't talk to strangers -ze."
"Um, but everyone here is a stranger to me."
Marisa blinks at you.
"Did I just sound like your mother?"
____

[ ] "Yes."
[ ] "No."
[ ] "More like a girlfriend."

+

[ ] Ask Marisa where to shop and where to avoid
[ ] Ask her where you might find Reimu
[ ] Talk to her about her music tastes
>> No. 2852
[X] "More like a girlfriend."

:3

[X] Talk to her about her music tastes

Because they're awesome.
>> No. 2853
[x] "More like a girlfriend."
[x] "Speaking of girlfriends..."
[x] Ask her where you might find Reimu

It worked once.
>> No. 2854
[X] "More like a girlfriend."

[X] Ask Marisa where to shop and where to avoid.
[X] Ask her where you might find Reimu.

Good stuff to know.
>> No. 2855
[ ] "No."
[ ] Ask Marisa where to shop and where to avoid
>> No. 2856
[x] "More like a girlfriend."
[x] Talk to her about her music tastes
>> No. 2857
[X] "More like a girlfriend."
[X] Ask Marisa where to shop and where to avoid.
>> No. 2858
[X] "More like a girlfriend."

[X] Ask Marisa where to shop and where to avoid.
>> No. 2859
[x] "More like a girlfriend."

+

[x] Ask Marisa where to shop and where to avoid.

Flustered Maris is go!
>> No. 2860
[x] "More like a girlfriend."
[x] Ask Marisa where to shop and where to avoid.
"Any clothing shops I should be aware of?"
>> No. 2861
[x] "More like a girlfriend."
[x] Ask her where you might find Reimu
>> No. 2862
[x] Talk to her about her music tastes

David: "We gotta toke and listen to 'Days of Future Passed' later, man."
Marisa: "Fuckin' A."
>> No. 2863
[ ] "More like a girlfriend."
[ ] Ask Marisa where to shop and where to avoid
[ ] Ask her where you might find Reimu
>> No. 2864
[ ] "More like a girlfriend." XXXXXXXXX

+

[ ] Ask Marisa where to shop and where to avoid XXXXXX


winners writing. (also, can some body post a link to a raidshare of patchcon? the one I keep using doesn't work properly)
>> No. 2865
>>2864
Not Rapidshare, but works just as well.
http://www.mediafire.com/?argyidilryy
>> No. 2866
>>2864
http://rs357.rapidshare.com/files/90861923/patchcon_-_defend_the_library_.zip
>> No. 2867
File 121105577097.jpg - (105.92KB , 724x844 , 1209633528376.jpg ) [iqdb]
2867
"I'd say," You grin wide. "You sounded more like a girlfriend."
She snorts and sniggers at you.
"Pfft, you wish bub!" Jokingly she socks you in the arm, but you can't help but note the slight look of saticefaction on her face.

Turning away from her you watch the crowds swarming around the gates, this is the most people you've seen in one place so far. It's a little intimidating.
"Marisa, are you sure you can't come with me?"
"What's the matter -ze?"
"I uh-" Now you blush, damn it you're supposed to be a man! You must've dealt with this kind of thing before in your world, you shouldn't be so weak. Even so you kind of feel like a kid leaving his mother on the first day of school as you stand next to Marisa, fiddling with your feet uncertainly.
"It'll be alright David." She smiles warmly at you. "I promise."
"....thanks Marisa." Thank you for not making a big deal out of this.
"Next time I'll come with you, we'll go together. Now come on, don't keep me hanging around you've got to meet Reimu."

"Hold on Marisa, are there any shops I should avoid? Or are there any I should definately go to?"
"Check out Marlan's for the groceries and so on, the rest you'll have to find yourself." As an after thought she adds. "And stay out of the taverns, especially The Rabbit Hole!"
"Gotcha'."
Hitching up her skirts she mounts her broom again and begins to float. "You remember what I told you yesterday?"
"'Bout what?"
"Get Reimu to drop you off home, if she won't or can't then I'll come get you around sunset. 'Kay?"
"Right, see you at sunset or sooner Mari-chan." You tease her a little before she goes, this it the first time you've been away from her in three days. She frowns at you again.
"Told you not to call me that." She mumbles.
And with that she pounds along the dirt to begin take off, as she takes to the air she circles once waving to you.
"I'm off to see Patchy about a book -ze, have fun David~!"
Crap you didn't ask her.
"Wait! Where should I meet Reimu?"
"Sorry! Can't hear you! Be good! Bye byeeeeee!"

So you stand there watching her retreating figure as it shrinks and disappears, waving to her all the time. It's a little bit sad to be abandoned like this but you've got to suck it up, after all you've got a date to go on and shopping to do. Plus this is your first chance to actually interact like a normal person in society since you got here.

So girding your Loins, you merge into the crowd of people on the road to town and step through those daunting gates.....
___
Chapter three:
"Plot exposition Now!"
>> No. 2868
File 121105823461.jpg - (40.29KB , 400x300 , 100_8789.jpg ) [iqdb]
2868
You can't help but feel uneasy as you're jostled by the heaving crowd, it's market day in Gensokyo and every body has come to the Human Village to buy or sell. Even a few Youkai are mixed in with the human, creatures with fantastical features of animals or outlandish clothing are sparsely scattered amongst the humans. You never realised that such a relationship could exist between the two races, but then again Alice is actually a Youkai if you recall correctly. Perhaps some are just more civilized than others, after all where else would they get that crazy head gear and miles of frilly lace they use?

As you get pushed and knocked around by the current of life you get a chance to see this place from the ground instead of the air, as you speculated most buildings don't have more than a second floor and even that's pretty unusual. Most businesses are hawking their wares to the crowd from the brightly coloured stalls you saw from above, all around you are cries of amazing deals! Today only! Fortune tellers offering to part the veil for a small fee. In the distance you can hear the ringing of a hammer forging steel at the blacksmith's, although you can't see where. And the smells!
Ah the smells! Rich foods cooking on massive grills surrounded by teeming people make even your belly rumble despite your lunch, spices fill your nose with exotic scents of far away places and wafting on the air occasionally is the scent of alcohol.

The people here don't seem very..... advanced, Marisa had told you as much but the reality is still a bit of a culture shock to you, more so than the Youkai mingled in with the crowd. No street lamps, noisy cars or tarmac roads, the floor is paved in brick and the only things with wheels are the hefty carts of farmers and out of town merchants.

You allow yourself to drift on this tide before finally entering a clearing, at first you think it's the town center but from the look of things this is just cross road in a less popular part of town. A tiny cafe has a few chairs and so on dotted outside and so you take refuge there, it's then you realize why there's less people here.

Some how you've wandered into the part of town frequently visited by the Youkai, a girl with mouse ears scurries past you busily carrying a bag of vegetables and muttering to herself in a high pitched tone pf worry. Even as you take a seat at one of the tables you can't help but notice the flock of bird girls chatting animately around a table in sing-song voices. The owner, a human, hands you a menu and goes about serving his customers. You don't really intend to stay for long though, even if you are grateful for the respite from the busy places, so you ignore it. You need a plan of action.

___

[ ] Find Reimu as soon as possible, she can show you around and maybe help you shop.

[ ] Wander around for a bit, she's probably not there yet and you wouldn't mind having a look around. Plus who wants to carry heavy shopping all day?

[ ] Go shopping immediately, you promised Marisa and if you do it now it'll give you more time to do other stuff later.
>> No. 2869
>>2868

Market Town.
What a doozy walking ‘round
With all these putrid people everywhere.
“You’ve gotta buy this!”
Screams a whiskey stinking vermin vendor
Holding up a rotten pear.

But I hold on to my dollar,
Looking all around me!
In this place, I hide my face,
But dirty people hound me!
>> No. 2870
[X] Go shopping immediately, you promised Marisa and if you do it now it'll give you more time to do other stuff later.

Work before pleasure?
>> No. 2871
[ ] Find Reimu as soon as possible, she can show you around and maybe help you shop.
>> No. 2872
[X] Go shopping immediately, you promised Marisa and if you do it now it'll give you more time to do other stuff later.
>> No. 2873
[ ] Find Reimu as soon as possible, she can show you around and maybe help you shop.
Reimu
Reimu
Shopping with
Reimu
>> No. 2874
[x] Wander around for a bit.
>> No. 2875
[ ] Find Reimu as soon as possible, she can show you around and maybe help you shop.

It would be good to have someone who knows where everything is.
>> No. 2876
[X] Wander around for a bit, she's probably not there yet and you wouldn't mind having a look around. Plus who wants to carry heavy shopping all day?

Hoping something happens.
>> No. 2877
[x] Wander around for a bit, she's probably not there yet and you wouldn't mind having a look around. Plus who wants to carry heavy shopping all day?
Raymoo can run into us.
>> No. 2878
[x] Go shopping immediately, you promised Marisa and if you do it now it'll give you more time to do other stuff later.
Reimu being Reimu, shopping may be too much of a hassle for her.
>> No. 2879
[ ] Find Reimu as soon as possible, she can show you around and maybe help you shop.

Waki miko reimu~
>> No. 2880
[ ] Find Reimu as soon as possible, she can show you around and maybe help you shop.

We don't know where anything is. A little help would be nice.
>> No. 2881
>>2875
[x] Wander around for a bit, she's probably not there yet and you wouldn't mind having a look around. Plus who wants to carry heavy shopping all day?

Lazy miko probably isn't even awake yet.
>> No. 2882
back in a tick. dinner
>> No. 2883
>>2882

You have dinner this late?
>> No. 2884
[x] Find Reimu as soon as possible, she can show you around and maybe help you shop.
>> No. 2885
[x] Wander around for a bit, she's probably not there yet and you wouldn't mind having a look around. Plus who wants to carry heavy shopping all day?

OH BOY LET'S FIND RAN
>> No. 2886
File 121106565532.jpg - (82.55KB , 600x826 , 1210589904985.jpg ) [iqdb]
2886
[ ] Find Reimu as soon as possible, she can show you around and maybe help you shop.

__

Considering you don't know your way around and you don't know when she'll get here you opt to go look for Reimu, even if she isn't around yet or you miss her you can always check again later. Getting up from the cafe table you gather your things and set off back into the pressing crowds, your idea is to check the center of town first and perhaps wait for her there. She'll surely pass you at some point that way.

Once again you enter the heaving press of bodies but more confidently this time, you feel better knowing that you have a heading and you're getting used to being around this many people now that you've had a chance to get used to it. So as you wind your way slowly up the street you take note of which stalls you might want to visit, various merchants grab your eye as you pass calling out to you.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Young man! A sexy gift for your girl friend?"
"You look like you've got an eye for the finer things in life! How about some of these!"
"Fresh as fresh can be son! Take two and I'll give you these for free!"
"Hello sir! You'd look dashing in this I must say."

You repell each with polite declines, as soon as they know you aren't interested they lose interest and move onto the next mark. Still, you're finding that you're having a lot of fun regardless.

"Hey there hansom!"

A girl with the bushy tail of a raccoon wearing a skimpy outfit of silks grabs your arm in a rather familiar way, she starts dragging you towards a midnight blue tent with white stars sewn on.
"How about you and me duck into the fortune teller's tent for a bit hansom?"
"How about you yiff in hell?"
"WHAT?"

Flashing her a nasty grin you duck out of her grip you steak ahead in the crowd, loosing you she shouts after. "BASTARD!" You giggle like a naughty school child at a silly prank all the way, why did you even say that? Ah well.

The crowd thins out a bit here and you suddenly break from the pack into what you reckon must be the town square. More cafes and less shops here and the buildings are arranged in a circle around an old tall tree with branches heavy with fresh green leaves that stir gently in the wind, the whole area is light and airy especially compared to the streets beyond.

Leaning sullenly against the trunk of the tree dressed in her usual red and white get up is Reimu, arms folded and scowling at the people as they walk to and fro before her. Occasionally a group of people will walk past her whispering and staring at her, giving the tree a wide berth. Reimu is the only one near the tree despite the ample room and various benches arranged around it.

She hasn't seen you yet.

_____

[ ] Greet her with a wave

[ ] Greet her with a hug

[ ] Greet her with a kiss

[ ] Ignore her for now, she can wait [shopexplore]
>> No. 2887
[x] Greet her with a wave.

Maybe we'll hurt her standing if we act too familiar in public.
>> No. 2888
[ ] Greet her with a wave
>> No. 2889
[ ] Greet her with a wave
>> No. 2890
>"How about you and me duck into the fortune teller's tent for a bit hansom?"
>"How about you yiff in hell?"
TAKE ME NOW, DAVE, YOU BEAST
[x] Greet her with a wave
>> No. 2891
[x] Greet her with a kiss
>> No. 2892
[X] Greet her with a wave
>> No. 2893
[x] Greet her with a wave
>> No. 2894
The word's "handsome", by the way.
>> No. 2895
[ ] Greet her with a wave
>> No. 2896
>>2894
See I thought that was the case, but firefox kept disagreeing with me. I keep having to add words to it's dictionary because it's apparently retarded.

Wave won
>> No. 2897
[X] Greet her with a wave.

The Waki Miko may be angelic in her way, and she may enjoy a fun joke, but now probably isn't the time.
>> No. 2898
File 121106729936.jpg - (53.08KB , 650x800 , pic_reimu01.jpg ) [iqdb]
2898
You're preceptive enough not to do anything too familiar with her in the presence of so many people when she's clearly uncomfortable around them in the first place, you can't help but wonder why though.

Separating yourself from the masses you step forward into her field vision with a wave, catching sight of you she walks up briskly and grabs your hand. Not slowing down she begins to pull you along side her a bit roughly making you falter slightly.
"Ah, Reimu."
"We can say hello in a second, I don't want to be gawked at any longer."
She speaks curtly to you and keeps pulling you along side her, around you various people huddle together and hide their mouths behind their hands as they bow their head together and talk in hushed tones. Reimu just grits her teeth and speeds up.
"These people."
She spits under her breath, letting go of you now she takes you off of the main street into a quieter area. The buildings are closer together here making the road too narrow for the market stalls, a few esoteric shops have signs for strange good here and the heady scent of booze hangs like a malaise in the air. Back on the main street you can see a large stage being set up on a cart but you can't tell if it's a performance or an extravagant merchant.
"Where are we going Reimu?" You ask as she finally slows down to a more leisurely pace, not turning to look at you she replies.
"Come on David, we're going for a drink."

___

[ ] "Um, Marisa said I should avoid the taverns."
[ ] "Sounds good."
[ ] "Let's go somewhere else, tea or something."
>> No. 2899
[ ] "Um, Marisa said I should avoid the taverns."
>> No. 2900
[X] "Um, Marisa said I should avoid the taverns."
[X] "Let's go somewhere else, tea or something."

Sorry, love. No can do. We have obligations, and such.
>> No. 2901
[x] "Um, Marisa said I should avoid the taverns."
>> No. 2902
[X] "Um, Marisa said I should avoid the taverns."

do want marisa
>> No. 2903
[ ] "Sounds good."
Let's get shitfaced and completely forget about our previous obligations.
>> No. 2904
[X] "Um, Marisa said I should avoid the taverns."
>> No. 2905
[x] "Um, Marisa said I should avoid the taverns."
>> No. 2906
[x] "Um, Marisa said I should avoid the taverns."
[x] "Let's go somewhere else, tea or something."
>> No. 2907
"Um, Marisa said I should avoid the taverns."
Reimu stops in her tracks, looks at you and a cruel smiles spreads over her lips as her eyebrow twitches.
"I'm sorry MRS Kirasame, does your husband not like you drinking without her around? Where are your balls? Left them with her did you? Come 'ere." Grabbing you by the collar she pulls you towards a near by door beneath a hanging sign painted with grapes. This isn't like the Reimu you know!
"I said we're getting a drink, I need one and I won't drink on my own! Now get in there, I have to talk to you!"

Bursting through the door with you in tow she lets light flood into the dimly lit establishment, the bar is totally abandoned. Round wooden tables sit empty under the low cieling, you have to bend your head to avoid scraping your head along it, one wall is taken up entirely by the dusty mahogany bar. Leaning on it is what you assume is the barman, thin and short with thinning hair he watches you two with a hint of amusement.

Letting go of your collar Reimu walks over to one of the tables at the back by the wall and takes a seat, after a moment staring after her you go over and join her. The low wooden chair is too close to the floor and your knees only just fit underneath the table, sighing Reimu leans back and massages her temples with her finger tips.
She's not look her best, only last night she seemed sprightly and beautiful but today she seems pale and tired. Even her hair that shone so lovely in the moonlight seems wane and lank in the candle light, you're a little concerned.

"Reimu, are you alright? You don't seem your self."
"And you would know what I'm like after just one night? Amazing powers of deduction you have there Mr David." She replies acidly.
"...."
Catching your expression she leans back forward and smiles apologetically.
"I'm sorry Davey, I'm still a little hung over which makes me a little catty. Plus having those idiots whisper about me wound me right up."
She takes your hand in hers and gives you another wan smile.
"But you seemed the most sober out of all of us last night...."
"Ah yes that may be," She looks away with a wry look on her face. "But, uh, when I got home and saw Suika. Well she had a bottle open and...."
She trails off.
"Are you sure you want to drink considering your delicate condition?"
"Hair of the dog that bit me Davey, I know what I'm doing."

Her tired eyes turn up at the corners as her smile grows and she runs a finger up and down your palm, then across your forearm and back.

"Will you get me a drink Davey-chan~ the Barman knows what I like."

Sighing you stand up from your seat and cross the room again, at the bar he's standing to attention ready to take your order. Leaning up against it you consider if you want to risk a quick drink or not and whether you should get Reimu what she wants. The Barman keeps his peace waiting attentively for your choice as you peruse his selection, you note he has a cafetiere of his own.

___

For you:
[ ] Beer
[ ] Whiskey
[ ] Wine
[ ] Coffee
[ ] Water
[ ] Nothing

For the Lady:
[ ] Ask for her "usual"
[ ] Same as you're having
[ ] Coffee
[ ] Water
[ ] Nothing (make her pay for herself)
>> No. 2909
For you:
[X] Water
For the Lady:
[X] Ask for her "usual"
>> No. 2910
[ ] Coffee
[ ] Ask for her "usual"
>> No. 2911
[x] Whiskey
[x] Ask for her "usual"
>> No. 2912
For you:
[X] Coffee

Always a good way to keep yourself up and about.

For the Lady:
[X] Ask for her "usual".

If this is a drinking problem of hers, we'll find out about it pretty quick. We shouldn't let her order too much of whatever it is. We've got things to do.
>> No. 2913
[x] "Um, Marisa said I should avoid the taverns."
[x] "Let's go somewhere else, tea or something."

Sounds reasonable enough. I think.
>> No. 2914
>>2913

Slowpoke, alive, etc.
>> No. 2915
[x] Whiskey

[x] Ask for her "usual"

REAL MEN GET PISSED ASAP
>> No. 2916
[X] Coffee
[X] Ask for her "usual"
>> No. 2917
>"Hair of the dog that bit me Davey, I know what I'm doing."

She knows what she's doing. But she needs something else, too.

For you:
[x] Beer

For the Lady:
[x] Ask for her "usual"
and a
[x] Coffee
>> No. 2918
[X] Coffee
[X] Ask for her "usual"

Stay on target. No alcohol.
>> No. 2919
Nobody likes drinking alone, as Reimu said. Don't order just coffee, son.
>> No. 2920
[ ] Coffee (or Tea)
[ ] Ask for her "usual"
>> No. 2922
>[ ] Coffee
>[ ] Water
>[ ] Nothing

Haha, we just tried this in /eintei/. I hope the tavern master beats our ass.
>> No. 2923
[x] Whiskey
[x] Ask for her "usual"

No fun drinking by yourself.
>> No. 2924
It's the eientei LA all over again.
>> No. 2925
[x] "Sounds good."
>> No. 2926
File 121107164427.jpg - (27.41KB , 353x200 , bao.jpg ) [iqdb]
2926
>>2922
"...We don't serve milk."
>> No. 2927
[x] Coffee (or Tea)
>> No. 2928
[ ] Whiskey
[ ] Ask for her "usual"

Have you learned nothing from /eientei/ anon?
>> No. 2929
>>2928

Seems the majority of anons are lightweights.
>> No. 2930
[X] Coffee
[X] Ask for her "usual"
____

"Do you make coffee here?"
The Barman doesn't speak but nods curtly to you, gesturing to the cafetiere he looks at you patiently.
"Uhh, yes I'll have a coffee please. And she'll have her um, usual?"
He nods again and begins to dutifully set about making the drinks, you're a little worried by the number of different bottles he reaches for as he concocts Reimu's but you're committed now.
"How much?"
You ask, pausing in his work he looks at you expectantly still not speaking. Pulling out Marisa's purse you empty some money out into your hand and lay it out on the counter, he then takes a small portion of it leaving a decent amount behind, you can't help but notice how hairy his arms are....
Then he gestures back to your table and returns to his work, nonplussed you wander back to Reimu.

"I think he brings it to us..."
"Well of course he does, this place has excellent service."
"What's his name?" You point a thumb at the barman. "And what's this place called?"
"It's called the sign with grapes on it and as far as I know the barman doesn't have a name."
"Doesn't he ever speak?"
"That's exactly it, I come here almost any time I'm in the village and I've never once heard him talk. I think he's some sort of Youkai, the males are very rare you see, but he doesn't have any real distinguishing marks so I can't tell."
"That's a bit weird, do the villagers know he's possibly a Youkai?"
"Maybe, I don't honestly know what these hicks think. But I've never heard of there being a fight here and look behind you."
Twisting you follow Reimu's pointing finger, sitting in another dusty corner is an old piano.
"I've heard him play. He's very good, very popular on a Friday night."

As you turn back you start slightly when you see the barman standing silently by the table handing Reimu a long glass filled with a clear drink that positively reeks of alcohol, as he hands you your coffee you'd swear he looks a little disappointed with you.
"Ahhh, thank you so much~" Reimu says in a sweet voice to him, he nods curtly and returns to his post. Taking a loooooong sip from her drink Reimu sighs contentedly and closes her eyes.
"Much better." She murmurs, then leans over the table and pats you on the cheek gently.
"Such a good boy."
"Ah, you're welcome. Although I still think you're over doing it."
"Sorry dad." She giggles at you, the colour is starting to return to her cheeks now, you sip you coffee gratefully.
__

[ ] "So, what's the business you wanted to discuss."
[ ] Wait for her to talk.
[ ] Make small talk, "Who's Suika?"
>> No. 2931
[x] Make small talk, "Who's Suika?"
>> No. 2932
[x] "So, what's the business you wanted to discuss."

>you'd swear he looks a little disappointed with you.

For the second time I fucking told you lot nonalcoholic shit has no place in a pub.
>> No. 2933
Screw you, judgmental barman. We'll drink what we damn well please, and you'll like it.

[X] "So, what's the business you wanted to discuss."

LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS
>> No. 2934
[ ] Make small talk, "Who's Suika?"
>> No. 2935
>>2930

[x] "So, what's the business you wanted to discuss."
>> No. 2936
>>2930
[ ] "So, what's the business you wanted to discuss."
>> No. 2937
[x] "So, what's the business you wanted to discuss?"

>[ ] Make small talk, "Who's Suika?"
I love the little oni dearly, but let's avoid this one. I have this weird feeling it'll result in us getting dragged back to the shrine to meet her, and we kind of need to not do that.
>> No. 2938
[ ] "So, what's the business you wanted to discuss."

Plot, onward.
>> No. 2939
[ ] "So, what's the business you wanted to discuss."

Plot, onward.
>> No. 2940
>>2938
Ignore that, forgot to fill out name. Don't know the default password either. :(
>> No. 2941
>>2940

The default password is based on cache, and as such should already have been in the password field. Just hit delete without changing whatever's in the password field at the bottom of the page.
>> No. 2942
>>2938
Want me to ignore one of these?
>> No. 2943
>>2940

Names are for fags
>> No. 2944
File 12110759585.jpg - (28.05KB , 400x400 , 1210419320206.jpg ) [iqdb]
2944
Back tomorrow because the next post will be important and I'll need to be at my best. Any particular time you guys think I should post? I've got nothing but free time for the coming week, unless I find a job, so I'm perfectly happy to become nocturnal to suit the more busy hours of the day. If someone can be bothered to work out high traffic times that'd be good.

Not going to /bed/ yet, so Q&A is okay.
>> No. 2945
>>2944

I'd just do it whenever.
I imagine most people just stopped checking around this section cause you disappeared for such a stretch. It is a Sunday tomorrow, so I doubt there'd be any particular time.
>> No. 2946
>>2944
>Any particular time you guys think I should post?

Yeah, whenever you wake up.
>> No. 2947
>>2946
Very this.
>> No. 2948
[x] Make small talk, "Who's Suika?"
>> No. 2949
>>2886
>"Hey there hansom!"

Hey, someone was nice enough to call us a cab!
>> No. 2950
>"I'm sorry MRS Kirasame, does your husband not like you drinking without her around? Where are your balls? Left them with her did you? Come 'ere."

So BUURRRN, gonna die!
>> No. 2951
>>2949
*badum-tssh*
>> No. 2952
File 121109603786.gif - (367.59KB , 180x135 , Djus-180.gif ) [iqdb]
2952
>>2949
>> No. 2953
>>2944

Don't fuck up your sleeping routine it'll only screw up your writing. Just write whenever you can, if the americans aren't on then it's their loss.
>> No. 2954
[x] "So, what's the business you wanted to discuss."
>> No. 2955
File 121115317828.jpg - (60.24KB , 709x788 , 121030938654.jpg ) [iqdb]
2955
The coffee's good, rich aromatic blend with taste that isn't too strong without sacrificing flavor, how much is due to the brewing and how much due to the beans you wonder. Come to think of it, where in Gensokyo could you grow coffee? Is it all imported from outside the, what did Marisa call it? The Great Hakurei Barrier? Speaking of Hakurei...

"So Reimu, what did you need to talk to me about? You mentioned business?"

Reimu doesn't speak at first, she sups quietly on her drink while staring at you and you watch her back. Silently she considers what to say and as her thoughts martial themselves the lines of her face change or shift, no longer is the bright cheerful girl from a moment ago is sat in front of you nor is it the face of the tired and irritated Reimu of before that. Taking on a more serious slant her eyes narrow slightly making her seem more alert and more dangerous, vaguely you recall her looking like this when she came to visit last night.

Setting her tall glass aside she folds her hands in front of her and looks at you gravely, as she speaks she seems to pick her words carefully as if to tentatively probe the situation before committing herself.

"David, I'm aware that upon arriving in Gensokyo you lost recollection of your memories from beyond the boarder. But tell me, can you recall anything about your transition here? Marisa didn't give me a chance to inquire deeper last time we met."
With her measured tone and serious expression it's like there's a entirely different Reimu sat across from you now, seeing no reason not to you confess that you have little to no memories of how you crossed into Gensokyo. The best you can do is explain the dream you had prior to waking up in the Forest, you're sure to mention the feeling of falling and the sensation of being called. As you speak she studies your face carefully, just like last time it feels like you're the subject of an inquisition and it fills you with a great deal of unease.
After you finish talking it is some time before Reimu speaks again.

"That's more helpful than you may know, thank you for being frank with me." Her face brightens for a second before returning to her previous expression.
"It's nice to have someone tell me what's going on instead of having to beat it out of every Youkai in a ten mile radius."
Is Reimu really that strong? Marisa had indicated she was important, but you had assumed it was more of a religious role. Perhaps Gensokyo is not as you first thought...

"If what you say is accurate then it certainly lends weight to my theory, care to hear it?"
"I'm all ears, I've got an interest in this too you know."
"I'm sure you do, where to begin?

Three nights ago there was a disturbance in the Great Hakurei Boarder, it felt like someone poked a hole in a spider's web, obviously it's more complex than that but it'll do for an explanation. Anyway, that night I felt a great tremor in the boarder as something was pulled through it. Do you know how much power is required to do something like that? Well I guess you wouldn't, but understand when I say that only a select few could pull off such a feat without expending their life force in doing so. You're probably wondering what's that got to do with a mere shrine maiden right? I don't know how much you know about the boarder and my blood line but suffice to say that both are integral to the continued existence of Gensokyo, anything that threatens Gensokyo is my responsibility to deal with and things poking holes in MY barrier is a very real threat to everything my family has sought to protect for generations."

She pauses a moment to take a sip before carrying on, you notice you've neglected your own drink as she spoke.
"Is there still a hole in the barrier?"
"No, thankfully it wasn't a big one. Just big enough to get you through. Anyway,

my priorities were to find out who made the hole and what came through, my first thought was the gap Youkai. Yukari, but her method of breaching the boarder has never threatened it before so I chose to disregard her for the time being. Seeing as I had no evidence that the hole was made from the inside I had to find what came through in order to work out what had happened, I wasted a day searching for you myself before I thought of asking Alice or Marisa if they had felt anything. It was lucky I found you, in fact you're lucky you were found. That forest is a dangerous place you know."

Yeah Reimu, I did spend a night out there on my own you know.

"And now we come to the bit that we're both interested in, first I'm going to go over the list of clues and then I'll give you my answer.
Firstly: You are pulled into Gensokyo against your will with no obvious intervention of the Gap Youkai.
Secondly: The process leaves two distinct marks, one very clear although small breach in the barrier and the lingering traces of a strong magical reaction linked to your arrival in the vicinity of the forest. Also it's worth noting that the magical traces where Arcane and not Spiritual, you can ask Marisa what that means exactly later as she can probably give you a better idea.
Thirdly: You say you felt like you were being called, this lends a lot of weight to my final answer."

She pauses again for another sip, either because she was getting dry in the mouth from talking so much or for dramatic effect but the wait is killing you. Fidgeting you try to wait patiently.

"David. I believe that some one in Gensokyo, someone with a great deal of power or access to it, summoned you from your world into this using an arcane summoning ritual. The ritual, if my assumptions are correct, isn't that unusual considering many magic users call demons to make pacts for power. What's odd is that it called beyond the barrier, that it called someone that, if you don't mind my saying so, is quite unremarkable and that it didn't take you directly to the summoner. I believe this indicates that the spell was either a failure or was miscast in some way, which may also be the reason for your memory loss. Allow me to assure you that none of this is in anyway your fault, you are likely here as a mistake rather than intention."
>> No. 2956
>>Four Nights Three days

Sorry the time frame slipped my mind there
>> No. 2957
>>2955
Hooray o/
>> No. 2958
So someone wanted to summon a merciless monster and got anon.
>> No. 2959
>>2958

only need about 9000 more to complete the set
>> No. 2960
>>2955
>pic

MUE~
>> No. 2961
>>2958
>>a merciless monster
>>anon

Sounds like they got it right on the first try.
>> No. 2962
>>2961

Shoulda included the word "Strong" in that incantation.
>> No. 2963
It's a lot to take in all at once, someone's mistake is the cause for all this disruption in your life? But then again if Reimu is to believed the kind of immense forces at work here make it more than a mere accident, by the sounds of it the person that brought you here may have even died during the process. Whether you were the intended target or not....
"What do you think the summoner wanted?"
Reimu shrugs.
"I have no idea, it could be anything. There's a lot of things from your world that someone in Gensokyo could want for any number of reasons, I hate to say it but some Youkai lure humans into this world for the sole purpose of eating them. But that's another mystery of this entire thing, if someone wanted to do that there are places in Gensokyo where the barrier is weak and you can literally walk across worlds if you know what you're doing. There's simply no reason that someone should try to call beyond the boarder when they could just sneak across and steal what they wanted."
"Maybe they wanted something from within Gensokyo."
Reimu shakes her head.
"Again, there's no reason for the spell to fail in this way if that were the case. I don't know the exact details of this kind of magic, but I do know that it's specific enough to narrow down it's search to one plane of existence. Unless...."
Now she pauses and looks away, you have to press the point! You have to know!
"Unless what, Reimu?"
"Unless..." She speaks slowly, as if she's so uncertain of this thought that if she were to approach it recklessly she would lose it.
"Unless the caster intentionally told the spell to not specify which world it searched, meaning they let the spell run free through the universe until it found what it was looking for...."
"Why would someone do that."
"I don't know....."

Reimu begins to nibble her lip and you lean back in your chair, picking up your coffee you notice it's gone cold. How long was she talking for? You'd check the windows but they're too dim with dust to give you any indication of the passage of time, you hope you haven't wasted any shopping time.

"So what does this all mean?"
"Who knows, maybe we'll never hear about this again and it'll be forgotten? It doesn't sound like anyone is threatening my world which is a relief."

With that you see Reimu deflate slightly, as if the air was let out of her, she returns to her more up beat self.

"Thank you Davey-chan. You've saved me a great deal of hassle."
"Ah, think nothing of it." Rubbing the back of your head you smile at her gratefully. "I should be thanking you, this at least gives me some idea what the hell happened to me."
"I should warn you Dave, I don't intend to follow this up any further seeing as it doesn't look like a threat. But if you learn anymore about it I'd appreciate being told."
"Of course."

Sighing you lean back once more, you don't know how to feel. Something moves in the corner of your eye, looking you see the barman approach with a fresh pot of coffee. He motions to your cup and you gladly accept with a gesture of your hand.
"So, what do you intend to do?"
____

[ ] Ask Reimu about going home
[ ] Tell her you intend to stay for now

+

[ ] Ask Reimu to help with the shopping
[ ] Ask Reimu for info on one of the girls (pick only one marisa/alice/wriggle)
[ ] Ask Reimu about her relationship with you
[ ] Ask Reimu if you'll get your memory back
[ ] Say you want to get moving
>> No. 2964
[ ] Tell her you intend to stay for now
[ ] Ask Reimu for info on one of the girls (marisa)
>> No. 2965
File 121115498786.jpg - (89.01KB , 797x1061 , watermark.jpg ) [iqdb]
2965
>>2955
>you're the subject of an inquisition

NONE CAN STAND BEFORE THE INQUISITION
>> No. 2966
[x] Tell her you intend to stay for now
[x] Ask Reimu for info on one of the girls (marisa)
>> No. 2967
>>2964
I'd encourage multi picks for the moment, I'm in the mood to write walls.

>>2965

Am I gonna get *BLAM*'d?
>> No. 2968
[X] Tell her you intend to stay for now
[X] Ask Reimu for info on one of the girls (wriggle)
[X] Ask Reimu to help with the shopping

Wriggle should be confused as hell right now, but she is a youkai. We need some help on dealing with her.
>> No. 2969
[x] Tell her you intend to stay for now
[x] Ask Reimu for info on one of the girls (pick only one marisa/alice/wriggle)
[x] Wriggle

So let's say a firefly youkai is teetering between wanting to kill you, or kiss you.
What would you do in this situation?
>> No. 2970
[X] Tell her you intend to stay for now
[X] Ask Reimu for info on one of the girls (marisa)
[X] Ask Reimu to help with the shopping
>> No. 2971
[X] Tell her you intend to stay for now
[X] Ask Reimu to help with the shopping
[X] Ask Reimu for info on one of the girls (marisa)

Need to get in to Mari-chan's bloomers.
>> No. 2973
[X] Tell her you intend to stay for now
[X] Ask Reimu for info on one of the girls (marisa)
[X] Ask Reimu to help with the shopping

Gensokyo holy grail war, SERVANT LANCER - CAPTAIN ANON SUMMONED
>> No. 2974
[X] Tell her you intend to stay for now
[X] Ask Reimu for info on one of the girls (Wriggle)
[X] Ask Reimu to help with the shopping
>> No. 2975
[X] Tell her you intend to stay for now
[X] Ask Reimu to help with the shopping
[X] Ask Reimu for info on one of the girls (wriggle)
We'll be meeting Wriggle tomorrow. And I want to see Reimu's reaction when we tell her that we're interested in a firefly.
>> No. 2976
[ ] Tell her you intend to stay for now
[ ] Ask Reimu for info on one of the girls (Marisa)
[ ] Ask Reimu to help with the shopping
>> No. 2977
>>2973
I haven't played Tsukihime (or fate/stay night for that matter) so a lot of things like that go right over my head.

Can I get a little back ground on this "holy grail war" and so on?
>> No. 2978
Oh and certain endings will be closed if you remain adamant that you don't want to return.

You ARE allowed to take the Touhou of your choice back if you so desire.
>> No. 2979
[x] Ask Reimu to help with the shopping
[x] Ask Reimu for info on one of the girls (Marisa)
>> No. 2980
[ ] Tell her you intend to stay for now
but ALSO
[ ] Ask Reimu about going home

[ ] Ask Reimu to help with the shopping
[ ] Ask Reimu for info on one of the girls (wriggle)
[ ] Ask Reimu if you'll get your memory back

Would be nice to know if the possibility of going home even exists. Until we get our memory back, though, going home would just cause us more problems since we have no idea where we live or anything. At least here we have friends.
>> No. 2981
[ ] Tell her you intend to stay for now
+
[ ] Ask Reimu to help with the shopping
[ ] Ask Reimu for info on one of the girls (pick only one marisa/alice/wriggle)
>> No. 2982
File 12111559329.gif - (258.04KB , 1024x768 , 1210455374484.gif ) [iqdb]
2982
>>2977
I'd suggest at least watching the F/SN anime (it was pretty good, actually). I'd tell you to check out the Tsukihime anime, but there isn't one.
>> No. 2983
>>2978
>>You ARE allowed to take the Touhou of your choice back if you so desire.

What would be worth going back for?
>> No. 2984
[X] Tell her you intend to stay for now
[X] Ask Reimu for info on one of the girls (Marisa)
[X] Ask Reimu to help with the shopping
>> No. 2985
>>2982
Actually, there is. I saw the first 6 or so episodes, but couldn't find any more after that. Not sure how easy it would be to find, but baka-updates might help.
>> No. 2987
>>2985

THE OLD AS FUCK RUNNING GAG




YOUR HEAD
>> No. 2988
[x] Ask Reimu about the possibility going home
[x] Tell her you intend to stay for now
[x] Ask Reimu to help with the shopping
[x] Ask Reimu for info on Wriggle
[x] Ask Reimu if you'll get your memory back
Wall me.
>> No. 2989
>>2985

I can't facepalm.jpg hard enough
Lurk more.
>> No. 2990
>>2987
Even I got that joke.

Staying, ask about Marisa, shopping won. it's on it's way.

Too bad as well, asking about Reimu and you would've at least given you insight into why there's no route for her.

Ah well~
>> No. 2991
>>2990

She was busy enjoying hot threesomes between Suika, Nanaya and herself?
>> No. 2992
>>2985
...
>> No. 2993
>>2990

FUCK.
>> No. 2994
>>2993

Who cares about Leimu if there's no path for her anyway?
>> No. 2995
>>2994

Crossovers are always fun, just look at BKC in /shrine/... Assuming a crossover was planned at least
>> No. 2996
>>2994

What can I say? I'm a fan and it seems like the reason would be interesting (barring the lesbian explanation).
>> No. 2997
File 121115858895.jpg - (148.80KB , 600x450 , 1196570597516.jpg ) [iqdb]
2997
>>2982
>watching the F/SN anime (it was pretty good, actually)
No it wasn't, it was completely mediocre. Don't watch that crap.

>>2977
It's complicated. The first explanation you get is kind of ridiculous but here it is anyway, play the game to find out how it makes sense.

Some mages came up with a ritual to summon the Holy Grail, it takes 7 people to summon it but only one can be granted a wish. So they summon 7 spirits of legendary heroes into 7 physical bodies, vessels given the class Saber, Archer, Lancer, Rider, Caster, Assassin, and Berserker, because matching the heroic spirit with a class makes it easier. These are the Servants.

The mages (Masters) each summon their Servant independently, and have them fight until only one Servant is left. The winning Master is considered the one chosen by the ritual to recieve the Holy Grail.

It's relevant here because the main character is an amateur mage who doesn't even know about the Holy Grail War and summons a Servant completely by accident. Her first words are "Are you my Master?" It's one of the most iconic scenes in the game - see image.
>> No. 2998
File 121115861026.jpg - (42.67KB , 510x795 , 1209646552064.jpg ) [iqdb]
2998
"Well, as long as I have a place to go I want to stay in Gensokyo."
"Really? Well I guess that makes sense, not having a memory is like not having a home to go to. But I don't think Marisa is going to be willing to put you up forever unless you can repay her somehow."
"Don't worry I'll think of something."
"Oh I'm not worried at all." She smirks at her own jibe, then assumes her standard sultry look.
"And of course if it doesn't work out I'm sure I can find a position for you to ...... fill at the shrine."
She giggles at her own crude joke, heck even you have to smile at it. Anything to draw her attention away from the uncomfortable straining in your trousers, you cough and change the subject.

"Uhh, Reimu. Speaking of a certain someone..."
A grin filled with sharp teeth greets that sentence, snapping her expression into one of total innocence she replies.
"A certain who?"
Goddamn you Reimu, now you're blushing!
"I, uh, well you know."
"I don't follow you."
"I wanted to ask you about, her...."
"Who?"

Bloody hell girl, go and force me to say it. Shifting uncomfortably in your seat you cast your gaze away from her and mumble.
"tell me 'bout marisa."
Cover her mouth with her long sleeve, flashing side boob and armpit to boot, Reimu laughs haughtily.
"Oh ho ho ho! David! Have we got a little crush on the black white? Isn't that adorable, three days alone with one another..." Suddenly she grabs your hands in hers and leans over the table eyes shining.
"Have you done it yet? I can just picture it now! Wounded you stumble into her home, filled with compassion and concern she nurses you back to health!"
"That's not what happened at all! And Marisa isn't like that anyway!"
"Shut up!" She snaps at you. "I'm telling a story! Anyway, so there you are... coaxed from the brink of death by her dutiful ministrations, laying next to the fire as your fever breaks you thank her from the bottom of your soul! The blushing maiden stammers out a modest reply about her duty to her fellow man."

What the hell? What's she been reading, it sounds like a trashy romance novel.

"Your eyes meet and like a spark, love blooms! Like an animal, a beast, you pull her to the floor with you and have your wicked way with her body!"
Christ she's foaming at the mouth now.
"Reimu!"
"Her high voice raised in ecstatcy driven moans as you..."
"REIMU!"
"...with all your stamina driving your thick, juicy, pulsating, pillar into her..."
"REIMU!"
Snapping your fingers in front of he frenzied face she blinks and looks at you, for once she has the decency to look embarrassed.

"Ahem." She says daintily, wiping the spittle from her mouth with a hankie.
"Come on no teasing, what can you tell me about Marisa?"
"Oh all right, spoil sport." Taking another sip from her ludicrous drink, she's only half way through it, she ponders.
"Well, I've know her for quite some time now. In fact back in the day we were rivals rather than friends."
"Wait a second, YOU are the girl that bested her in everything she told me about?"
"Don't act so surprised! Yeah it was me. But nowadays we tend to be on the same general side even if we aren't working actively together. I guess you could think of he as the anti me. No wait that's not quite true, we share a lot in common. Actually that's it! We're so similar to one another that we hate it, familiarity breeds contempt after all. So we pick on each other's differences, doesn't make much sense but it's all in good fun."
"Go on."
"You see, where as I'm admittedly, lazy but naturally gifted she's a hard worker who got where she is by sheer force of will. She can't stand a lax attitude if someone wants something and she won't abide whiners, even if she disagrees with you as long as you stick to your guns she'll give you her respect."
You frown.
"I kind of figured this out myself."
"Oh, so you want the juicy details huh? Well, her three measurements are as follows:"
"Reimu...."
"You're no fun, you know that? Alright let's see: she's never had a boyfriend because she left the village so young. She's had a bad relationship with her father for a long time now, they don't even talk anymore. Her mother died when she was quite young and she has a younger sister who still lives with her father, I don't know anything about her. And finally, she does have the hots for you."
"PFFFFFFT" Spraying coffee everywhere you gag.
"Face it Davey, I know what you meant. Mari-chan likes you~" Then she takes a stern tone and wags a finger in your face while you splutter.
"But that doesn't mean she's just going to give it up like that, you hear me? Can't tap that ass now boy! A girl like Marisa needs courting first, like I said she's never had a previous boyfriend. Let her enjoy the innocent side of love first, remember when you was a kid and holding hands was a big deal?"
You frown, no Reimu I don't.
"Oh right, my bad. Well in that case you should take a chance to enjoy it too. Oh and one final thing, Marisa is gonna be the jealous type. She kept a grudge on me for as long as she did out of jealousy, you can bet your fine ass she won't like you playing away from home."
She winks at you.
"Not that things can't be changed if you really wanted to, I reckon Marisa'd be okay with you and me having a little on the side fun if she got to join in. What's with that look? What?"

(cont.)
>> No. 2999
I don't care if I'm misspelling things today, I'm on FIRE! Or does this feel railroaded?
>> No. 3000
>>2999

We'll whine if we feel railroaded.
Now get back to work.
>> No. 3001
>>2999

i don't care, just keep adding coal to the boiler
>> No. 3002
>>2999

I'd buy a ticket onto this train any day!
>> No. 3003
and then anonymous was hit by a train
>> No. 3004
>>3003

Well the only thing worth adding in this instance would be a way to flirt with Reimu a bit in revenge, but Scorn doesn't seem to write this anon as any good at those things, so it'd only blow up in our face.
>> No. 3005
>pillar

THIS EUPHEMISM THIS EUPHEMISM THIS EUPHEMISM THIS EUPHEMISM THIS EUPHEMISM THIS EUPHEMISM THIS EUPHEMISM THIS EUPHEMISM THIS EUPHEMISM THIS EUPHEMISM THIS EUPHEMISM THIS EUPHEMISM
>> No. 3006
>>3005
lol you noticed.

>>3004
I wanted to do a slow burning story so while David isn't awesome now, he has the potential to be AWESOME later if you work at it. Keep an eye out for chances to increase your powerlevel.
>> No. 3007
Another heavy sigh.
"Life is complicated, isn't it Reimu?"
Dropping her mischievous demeanor she smiles warmly at you and pats your hand, remembering the way she spoke to Marisa last night you realize this girl keeps a facade up at all times.
"Yeah, isn't it? It's fun though."
Finishing your coffee your urge Reimu to finish her drink.
"We're only staying for one?"
"Well, I was hoping you'd give me a hand with the shopping if that's alright."
"Urk, face that mob again? Alright, I'll do it but only for a little while. I want to get home soon to be honest, I hate it when I have to go here on Market day."
"Oh," You say a little crest fallen.
"I was hoping you'd give me a ride back."
"Sorry David. Marisa is picking you up later right?"
"Yeah...."
"I'm sure you'd rather go home with her anyway."
She gives you a pained smile, deciding you don't want to put her through anything she doesn't want to you accept even if you are a little disappointed. Throwing away the straw Reimu takes the glass in each hand and glugs it with gusto until some runs down her chin and the ice clatters out onto the floor.
"*BURP* Shall we?"

Leaving the enigmatic barman a tip you thank him and step out into the street, the bright sunlight hurts your eyes compared to that gloom but they soon adjust.

___

[ ] Shop for things for Marisa to cook
[ ] Shop for things for you to cook
[ ] Let Reimu tell you what to buy
>> No. 3008
[X] Shop for things for Marisa to cook
Like said earlier, it seems that we're spending next few days with Wriggle. Getting things for us to cook would be silly.
>> No. 3010
[►] Shop for things for you to cook


other two options are lulz or argh
>> No. 3011
[O] Shop for things for Marisa to cook
>> No. 3012
>>3006

What, did you put that in just for me?

[X] Shop for things for Marisa to cook

I don't even remember what we were supposed to buy now.
>> No. 3013
>>3008

Good point

>>3009 changing to

[ ] Shop for things for Marisa to cook

Now if only the voting also goes that way
>> No. 3014
[x] Shop for things for Marisa to cook
[x] Shop for things for you to cook

It's always a good idea to stock up. Besides, even if we spend some time with Wriggle, we'll be back eventually.
>> No. 3015
[X] Shop for things for Marisa to cook
>> No. 3016
[ ] Shop for things for Marisa to cook.
>> No. 3017
>>3014
You do not have enough gold. (to get both)
Mine more gold.
>> No. 3019
[X] Shop for things for Marisa to cook.

We're liable to be rooming elsewhere soon enough, so it's best to leave Mari some supplies.
>> No. 3020
[x] Shop for things for Marisa to cook
[x] Ask Reimu about the possibility of getting your memories back.
No reason we can't have small talk while running these errands right?
>> No. 3021
>>3017

Love to, but the damn aquifers keep getting in the way.
>> No. 3022
[x] Shop for things for you to cook

Can't even guarantee Marisa is gonna wanna cook.
>> No. 3023
>>3020
I like the way you think.
[X] Shop for things for Marisa to cook
[X] Ask Reimu about her relationship with you
>> No. 3024
File 121116093317.jpg - (149.57KB , 500x375 , 476965.jpg ) [iqdb]
3024
[X] Shop for things for Marisa to cook

>[ ] Remain silent and stoic the entire time, speaking only the names of items and a curt "thanks" to the shopkeeps
[X] Take it easy, ask Reimu about her relationship with you

Yukkuri shite itte ne, David.
>> No. 3025
>>3017
...well, shit.

How are we on vespene gas, then? Surely we have enough.
>> No. 3026
>>3025

overlords, spawn, more, etc.
>> No. 3027
File 121116146569.jpg - (38.87KB , 450x710 , 1209663602368.jpg ) [iqdb]
3027
For the rest of the day you shop for things that Marisa left on the list for you, mostly various sundries and food stuffs that last for a while. Things like flour and yeast instead of fresh bread so you can bake your own, preserved meats rather than fresh. Looks like Marisa dislikes visiting this place as much as Reimu does, everything on the list is long life kind of foods as well as a few items such as soap or cloth. Maybe she even makes her own clothes? She must be good if she made that dress her self considering the massive amount of lace it has, even the hat!

Reimu for her part is as good as her word and guides you seamlessly through the crowds to the best deals she knows for what Marisa has asked for, but her mounting tension is beginning to show as she steadily becomes more irritable around you. You can understand why, the pair of you are under constant scrutiny all the time you're together. Wanting to be done as soon as possible Reimu doesn't give you the chance to check out the various attractions and entertainments but insists that you get the shopping done, that you can entertain yourself later when she's gone.

To her credit Reimu stays with you much longer than you expected. After getting every item on the list, and for a song thanks to Reimu's leverage and strong arm style bargaining, her exasperation over comes her and she takes you back to the square to say her goodbyes. Standing with her arms crossed and her irritation written all over her face she speaks to you.

"Well David, I wish I could say it's been fun but honestly it's been hell. The pub was fun, sorry to down on you like that."
"It's okay Reimu, I understand. Really."
"Sorry for being such a stick in the mud..."
"Stop apologizing! I already said I get it!"
__

While you were shopping, did you get Reimu a thank-you present?

[ ] Yes, she deserves something nice.
[ ] No, it's Marisa's money.
>> No. 3028
>>3025>>3026

NOT ENOUGH PLYONS. BUILD ADDITIONAL PYLONS.
>> No. 3030
[ ] Yes, she deserves something nice.
>> No. 3031
File 121116179540.jpg - (187.44KB , 1055x1513 , 1206579664863.jpg ) [iqdb]
3031
>>3027

[►]Yes, she deserves something nice

something small, since she did do us a lot of bargaining
>> No. 3032
[x] Yes, she deserves something nice.
What Marisa doesn't know won't hurt her.
>> No. 3033
>>3027

is there an option to give marisa a gift?
>> No. 3034
[X] No, it's Marisa's money.
>> No. 3035
>>3031
Where is that picture from? I love cute four panel comics like that.
>> No. 3036
[x] Yes, she deserves something nice.
As long as we still have some cash left over.
>> No. 3037
[x] Yes, she deserves something nice.

We saved money thanks to her
Obviously we should blow it.
>> No. 3038
[ ] Yes, she deserves something nice.

I doubt Marisa would notice if a little extra went missing. Besides, the shrine is poor and anything we give her will probably be appreciated.
>> No. 3039
[x] Yes, she deserves something nice.

She accompanied us despite having no obligation to do so, and even if she was uncomfortable.
>> No. 3041
>>3033
>>3034

That combination made me chuckle.
>> No. 3042
File 121116450946.jpg - (16.79KB , 450x450 , 1210697488559.jpg ) [iqdb]
3042
"Reimu, I know it must've been hard for you to stick by me all day. I appreciate it, I do." Reaching into one of the brown sacks you pull out a little red paper box.
"So while you were arguing with that guy over the eggs, I got you this."
"....."
Gently she takes the box from you without a word, her eyes shining and hand trembling she begins to open it.
"What is it?" She says in a small voice, prying it open while being careful not to damage the wrapping she reveals it's contents. A collection of red and white hair ornaments, wide eyed she looks at you you smile at her.
"Y-you."
"With the money you saved me it was the least I could do."
Ignoring the knots of people in the square and without caring a damn what they think she rushes in and gives you a tight hug around then chest, which you gladly return.
"You're a good boy David, thank you."
"Reimu, are you crying?"
"O-of course not," She pulls away from you smiling too while dabbing at her eye.
"Reimu Hakurei hasn't cried since she was eleven years old."
"Why's that?"
"That's a story for another day David. Thank you again."
Tucking the little precious box away in her sleeve she quickly embraces you again. Her reaction, she was so moved....
"Reimu, you know if you had found me first...."
Letting you go again she speaks softly to you, her voice tinted slightly with regret.
"Oh don't kid yourself David, I'm a shrine MAIDEN. It would've never worked."
"....."

You stand there watching the poor girl for a moment longer, if only....

"Well, I'll see you later David. I need to go home. Goodbye..."
"See you around Reimu."

Waving behind her she takes off into the air and begins to retreat into the sky, you stand waving back just like you did for Marisa until she's nothing but a dot in the heavens.


......

WAIT A SECOND! The shopping is done! Why couldn't she give you a lift? Oh that lazy, sneaky Miko! To think you felt something for her just now! You'll never trust her again that's for sure.

The sun is making it's final bows before sinking below the horizon streaking the clouds orange, it's not quite sunset yet though and it looks like you've got a few hours of waiting to do still. You vaguely wonder if Marisa is done at the library yet, if she's gone home and is on her way here right now. For some reason it doesn't seem likely.

Lugging your heavy bags over to one of the benches beneath the old tree in the center of town you lay your burden down, you don't mind admitting that it's been a long hard day for you. Hang over, magic time, flying, meeting Reimu, shopping and soon flying again. You'll be happy to sit down with Marisa for a cup of tea soon.

It's a shame it's so late in the day, most of the out of town shops with the interesting stuff have packed up and gone. Ditto the performers, all that's left are the locals and those that can't make it home in one evening. The taverns have opened their doors and weary merchants and tradesmen are happily entering talking of success and loss at their businesses. It's getting a little cold out,those heavy clouds you saw this morning are starting to advance under the power of a soft but steady breeze, drawing your clothes a little closer around you you suppress a shiver.

"David? David is that you?"

It's Alice.

_______

To be continued.
>> No. 3043
>>3042

Wow, how melancholy. I love it.
>> No. 3044
Today you went through the:
"True friend to Reimu" path.

Things you missed:
Meeting Marisa's Dad and Sister

"WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU SO LATE?" Reimu

Down the Inaba hole - Special Ending

Tewi and Reisen's traveling medicine show - special item missed

Captain Anonymous Rex - The Puppet show
>> No. 3045
Miko Miko Reimu~
>> No. 3046
>Captain Anonymous Rex - The Puppet show

Well damn.
>> No. 3047
>Captain Anonymous Rex - The Puppet show

WHY GOD WHY
>> No. 3048
>Captain Anonymous Rex - The Puppet show

Not even missing that will bring me down after Miko moe. Between /shrine/ and here, it really has been a red-letter day for Reimu fans.
>> No. 3049
>Down the Inaba hole - Special Ending
FUCK.
>Meeting Marisa's Dad and Sister
FUCK!
>Captain Anonymous Rex - The Puppet show
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>> No. 3050
If we're meeting with Alice, the next write-in is going to be related to that puppet show.

WE MUST HAVE IT!
>> No. 3054
>Captain Anonymous Rex - The Puppet show

WHY OH WHY GOD
>> No. 3055
>>3044
>Captain Anonymous Rex - The Puppet show

Damn! I was one who gave the suggestion for it, only for us to end up missing it...
>> No. 3056
>>2955
>and things poking holes in MY barrier is a very real threat to everything my family has sought to protect for generations."
...if you know what I mean.

>I believe this indicates that the spell was either a failure or was miscast in some way, which may also be the reason for your memory loss.
HOLY SHIT, HE'S ARCHER

Also, it's BORDER.
NO A IN THAT WORD. STOP PUTTING ONE IN THERE.

>>2998
>"Can't tap that ass now, boy!"
Oh christ, I burst out laughing.

>>3049
Seconded, on every single count.
I hope we get to see those scenes next playthrough...
>> No. 3057
>>3056
>>Also, it's BORDER.
>>NO A IN THAT WORD. STOP PUTTING ONE IN THERE.

Gensokyo is into extreme sports.
>> No. 3058
File 121118651246.jpg - (115.17KB , 800x600 , 1193388000848.jpg ) [iqdb]
3058
>>2997
Dammit, scratch that last paragraph.

It's relevant here because one of the Servants had a flawed summoning and lost his memory as a result.
>> No. 3059
>>3056
Whoops.
>> No. 3060
Please tell me that wasn't our last chance to find out how to get our lost memories back.
I won't be able to sleep at night if I can't find out what that massive hole in Diamond Dave's life was.
>> No. 3061
>>3060
Do you remember why Marisa went to the library today? I mean, other than her usual hi-jinks.
She's looking for a book to help you out.
>> No. 3062
I just noticed how convinient and easygoing this story is.
I say our David needs to get a monocle to complete the mood.
>> No. 3063
>Tucking the little precious box away in her sleeve she quickly embraces you again. Her reaction, she was so moved....
>"Reimu, you know if you had found me first...."
>Letting you go again she speaks softly to you, her voice tinted slightly with regret.
>"Oh don't kid yourself David, I'm a shrine MAIDEN. It would've never worked."
>"....."

Today's forecast: rain.
>> No. 3064
File 12112086459.jpg - (25.71KB , 640x480 , facepalmarmstrong.jpg ) [iqdb]
3064
>>3063
I can't stand the rain...
>> No. 3065
>>3064

NO! HUGHES!

GODDAMNIT, THE RAIN! IT WON'T STOP! WHY?!
>> No. 3066
>>3063

Some will stay dry and others will feel the pain.
>> No. 3067
>"Oh don't kid yourself David, I'm a shrine MAIDEN. It would've never worked."

Oh, but that still doesn't mean I wouldn't have fallen in love with you.

May you live in interesting times, Reimu Hakurei.
>> No. 3068
>"David? David is that you?"

>It's Alice.

If Alice can't keep us company while we wait for Marisa, we should ask if Shanghai can.
>> No. 3069
>>3066

Wrong kind of rain.
>> No. 3070
whats this rain shit i dont get it
>> No. 3071
File 121122671028.jpg - (204.83KB , 556x321 , 1184181637864.jpg ) [iqdb]
3071
Just wait till we upset Alice.
>> No. 3072
>>3071

I see what you did there.
>> No. 3073
>>3071
Huh? What does that have to do with........
OH DEAR GOD NO. *Rio's mind was hit for 22 damage*
>> No. 3074
File 121124050566.jpg - (91.36KB , 619x831 , 1210586883840.jpg ) [iqdb]
3074
I need to be up at a decent time tomorrow so I'll just crank out a few posts now.
____

Standing in the abandoned town square with her little dolls clustered around her feet, like a school teacher you think, stands Alice Maragtroid. Bathed in the orange light of evening you feel a little catch in your heart as you watch her sweep wind tossed hair from her eyes.

"David! It is you!" Crossing over to where you're sat she smiles at you radiantly, behind her the cluster of dolls waddle after carrying a heavy wooden case. "Why, isn't this a pleasant surprise? What are you doing here?"
Sat atop the case is Shanghai wearing a little princess's outfit complete with one of those conical hats, catching sight of you she cocks her head to one side before skipping up into the air and drifting over to you.

___

[ ] "Hello Shanghai, that's a pretty dress!"
[ ] "Alice! Thank god! Reimu just abandoned me here and Marisa isn't going to be here for hours."
[ ] "Alice, it's good to see you again."
>> No. 3075
[x] "Hello Shanghai, that's a pretty dress!"

Will Alice take it as a complement to her tailoring skills, or as if we care more about her dolls than her?

HOPEFULLY THE LATTER!
>> No. 3076
[X] "Alice, it's good to see you again."
[X] "Hello Shanghai, that's a pretty dress!"

Oh god, Shanghai is moe. Alice is pretty.

That makes this pretty moe.
>> No. 3077
[ ] "Alice, it's good to see you again."
[ ] "Hello Shanghai, that's a pretty dress!"

This. So moe, going to die.
>> No. 3078
[X] "Alice, it's good to see you again."
[X] "Hello Shanghai, that's a pretty dress!"

I like both.
>> No. 3079
File 121124118090.jpg - (248.37KB , 677x601 , 1206936494559.jpg ) [iqdb]
3079
>>3074

[ x ] "Alice, it's good to see you again."
>> No. 3080
[ ] "Alice, it's good to see you again."

Must have Alice.
>> No. 3081
[ ] "Hello Shanghai, that's a pretty dress!"
[ ] "Alice, it's good to see you again."

Followed by

[ ] "Alice, I heard about an awesome puppet show around here. You wouldn't happen to know where it is, would you?"

I want my puppet show damnit!
>> No. 3082
[X] "Alice, it's good to see you again."
[X] "Hello Shanghai, that's a pretty dress!"
>> No. 3083
File 121124261988.jpg - (59.07KB , 500x698 , 1209161336739.jpg ) [iqdb]
3083
"Alice, it's good to see you again."
Standing up like a true gentleman you meet her half way smiling back at her, her warm smile cheers your heart after facing the prospect of spending the next few hours cold and alone. Folding her hands behind her she begins to address you as Shanghai settles herself on her shoulder.
"Like wise David, I'm glad to see you haven't forgotten me."
"It's only been two days..."
"Really? It feels like it's been longer."

Walking slowly she circles you, always keeping her cheerful eyes on you as you turn slowly to follow her.
"So what brings you into town?"
"I went shopping for Marisa while she's at the library. Oh, and I had something to discuss with Reimu. The Shrine Maiden?"
Stopping Alice's brow furrows slightly, Shanghai's head cocks to one side again.
"I'm acquainted with her, what did she want? Oops!" Her hand goes to her mouth and she blushes. "Sorry, am I being nosy?"
"Don't worry about it, she was looking into some sort of border disturbance that coincided with my arrival here. From what she tells me the two are related, someone appears to have summoned me here by accident..."
An odd look passes her features for a moment, what she's thinking you can't tell.
"Is that what she said...."

Shaking her head she brightens up again and turns to your load.
"I see you've finished with the shopping then?" You nod. "I take it you're waiting for Marisa to come and pick you up then?"
Again you nod, Alice chuckles lightly and sits on the bench where you were before. Looking at you she pats the space beside her as the dolls lay their burden down next to her.

___

[ ] Stay standing
[ ] Sit next to Alice

( choose only one from each of these)
+

[ ] "How have you been?"
[ ] "You're looking well."
[ ] "That's my spot..." (bench)
[ ] Don't talk about Alice

+

[ ] "So what are you doing in town Alice?"
[ ] "Did Reimu come and visit you at all?"
[ ] "Actually Alice, could I ask you a favor?" Get her to give you a ride
>> No. 3084
[█] "I thought I smelled poop."
>> No. 3085
>>3083

[ ] Sit next to Alice
[ ] "How have you been?"
[ ] "So what are you doing in town Alice?"
>> No. 3086
[ ] Sit next to Alice
[ ] "How have you been?"
[ ] "So what are you doing in town Alice?"
>> No. 3087
>>3083
[ ] Sit next to Alice
[ ] "You're looking well."
[ ] "Actually Alice, could I ask you a favor?" Get her to give you a ride
I'm actually thinking that maybe it was Alice who summoned us.
>> No. 3088
File 121124291689.jpg - (89.41KB , 500x708 , 1205470767986.jpg ) [iqdb]
3088
>>3083

[ x ] Sit next to Alice
[ x ] "How have you been?"
[ x ] "So what are you doing in town Alice?"
>> No. 3089
[ ] Sit next to Alice
[ ] "How have you been?"
[ ] "Alice, I heard about an awesome puppet show around here. You wouldn't happen to know where it is, would you?"
>> No. 3090
>>3089
>>[ ] "Alice, I heard about an awesome puppet show around here. You wouldn't happen to know where it is, would you?"

Really? When did you hear that seeing as no one told you, is this meta gaming?
>> No. 3091
>>3090
ZETSUBOSHITA
>> No. 3092
>>3090

Random talk by people in town as we were shopping. It's close to metagaming, but we can at least bullshit our way through it with a valid excuse.
>> No. 3093
And besides, we always metagame ourselves in these...

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!
>> No. 3094
[ ] Sit next to Alice
[ ] "How have you been?"
[ ] "So what are you doing in town Alice?"

Also, be sure to compliment Shanghai as well before we go, just to see if there really is a doll route.
>> No. 3095
[x] Sit next to Alice
[x] "How have you been?"
[x] "So what are you doing in town Alice?"
>> No. 3096
File 121124587340.jpg - (38.78KB , 500x500 , 1210622697487.jpg ) [iqdb]
3096
Gladly you take a seat next to her, trying your best not to appear too keen and embarrass yourself. Turning side on you face each other as you sit there and as you talk animatedly Shaghai drops down from her owner's shoulder and stands by your lap to lay a hand on your knee.
"So how have you been Alice?"
"Me? Oh you wouldn't be interested in the life of a solitary magician living in the woods," Her golden hair shifts along her shoulder as she turns her head slightly, almost in an imitation of Shanghai's little quirk.
"I know it seems glamorous to be a magician, but honestly you spend far more time in study than you do going on adventures. I'm sure you don't want me to bore you with the detail, suffice to say I've been well as of late, thank you."
Smoothing out a crease in her dress she seems momentarily distracted as she looks away before asking.
"How have you been?"
"I guess I've been holding up okay for a guy with no past, everyday is important when you've got nothing to look back on."
"I guess that is true, that's some what envious really. How's Marisa? She been treating you okay?"
Unintentionally you snort with laughter, feeling self conscious at your outburst you go on.
"Oh she's full of fire as always." You go onto to describe MAGIC TIME to her, Alice at first looks concerned then horrified then indignant.
"Really! That girl is such a barbarian! I have half a mind to tell her off when I see her next, ah?" Catching her self she gets embarrassed by that display of concern for you, the two of you chat on for a little while longer. For some reason talking to Alice has an ease that talking to Marisa doesn't always have, you find your self actually raising a few small complaints against her which makes you feel a little guilty. But it's nice to know that you can talk to Alice about anything frankly like this.

"By the way Alice..."
"Hmm?"
"What are you doing in town?"
Clapping her hands together she sits upright and makes a happy little sound.
"Oh! Let me show you, Shanghai? Show him!" Nodding the little doll goes over to the heavy wooden case that lies next to your shopping, flicking the brass catch off the box springs open. Inside are carefully painted rolls of cloth painted with picturesque land scape and fairy tale castles, more gaily dressed dolls in detailed little costumes such as knights and goblins and a model ship of some kind are tucked away carefully in there too.
"You see on a market day I come down and perform a puppet show for the crowds." Lifting one particularly well made puppet out she hands it to you, it's dressed in a long flowing navy captain's coat with a little peaked captain's hat. He's certainly a dapper and hansom little chap isn't he?
"That one's from one of my more popular stories, the kids love the fairy tales but they always get really worked up when the captain appears."
You pass the doll back to her and she looks at you, perhaps a little expectantly.

___

[ ]"Aren't you a bit old to be playing with dolls Alice?"
[ ] "It's beautiful work, do you make these yourself?" Gesture to Shaghai
[ ] "I don't know much about this kind of thing, but I'm pretty impressed Alice. You're pretty talented."
>> No. 3097
[X] "It's beautiful work, do you make these yourself?" Gesture to Shaghai.

We can compliment Alice and Shanghai, together. Perfect option.
>> No. 3098
[x] Stare at the captain doll and go into shock
>> No. 3099
[x] "It's beautiful work, do you make these yourself?" Gesture to Shaghai
>> No. 3100
[x] "It's beautiful work, do you make these yourself?" Gesture to Shaghai
>> No. 3101
[x] "It's beautiful work, do you make these yourself?" Gesture to Shaghai
>> No. 3102
[x] "It's beautiful work, do you make these yourself?" Gesture to Shaghai

This captain, it was made for me!
>> No. 3104
>>3102

DRR DRR DRR
>> No. 3105
[X] "It's beautiful work, do you make these yourself?" Gesture to Shaghai.
[X] "Do you think you could show it to me sometime?"

Private captain anon show.
>> No. 3106
File 121124896762.jpg - (44.34KB , 503x297 , 1208223094159.jpg ) [iqdb]
3106
I just realised I'm only going to get 5 hours sleep and that's if I go to bed now.

I'll be back tomorrow.
>> No. 3107
[X] "It's beautiful work, do you make these yourself?" Gesture to Shaghai.
[X] "Do you think you could show it to me sometime?"
>> No. 3108
>Lifting one particularly well made puppet out she hands it to you, it's dressed in a long flowing navy captain's coat with a little peaked captain's hat. He's certainly a dapper and hansom little chap isn't he?

FUCKING AWESOME
>> No. 3109
>>3096
> Lifting one particularly well made puppet out she hands it to you, it's dressed in a long flowing navy captain's coat with a little peaked captain's hat.

PIME TARADOX
>> No. 3110
[X] "It's beautiful work, do you make these yourself?" Gesture to Shaghai.
>> No. 3111
[ ] "It's beautiful work, do you make these yourself?" Gesture to Shaghai
'Shaghai'? Freudian slip there?
>> No. 3124
SHAGHAI
SHAGHAI
SHAGHAI
SHAGHAI

WHOREAI
WHOREAI
WHOREAI
WHOREAI
>> No. 3129
>>3124
>WHOREAI
>WHORE AI

I... don't know why... But I thought about GLaDOS when I read that.
>> No. 3132
>>3129
Somebody's going to enjoy some deadly neurotoxin tonight.

Without cake.
>> No. 3135
Summary: someone (we don't know who) sent their hansom across the border, and now the Magic Forest has a handsome boarder.

[X] "It's beautiful work, do you make these yourself?" Gesture to Shanghai

But seriously.
>> No. 3137
>>3136
Could you please delete that screenshot?
>> No. 3139
>>3137

ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 3140
>>3137
It's from bad end, not really an ending spoiler.
>> No. 3141
>>3137
Yeah but why? I thought it was neat....
>> No. 3142
>>3141
ZUN has asked people not to spoil endings to others by posting pictures of them on internets.
...As a side note, by not doing anything but skipping dialog and choosing continue every now and then, I reached Keine before getting that ending.
>> No. 3143
>>3142
I'm having trouble taking Reisen on, usually I'll run out of lives on the second to last spell card because the one before it eats lives like a mother fucker.

Also, Alice and Marisa are the WORST characters in that game. Seriously, the MALICE cannon is a bugger to use considering it fucks with your movement speed and they simply lack any decent tactical options with their attacks. RemiSakuya are pretty good I found and ReimuYukari is pretty hax, plus having Ran spin tackle the enemy is awesome.

But while I'm talking about it I have to ask, what does time do exactly? I mean the score time not the one that bad ends you if it hits 5am.
>> No. 3144
>>3143
the end-stage bonus Time or the timeorbs?
>> No. 3145
>>3144
Orbs I guess, what does it do?
>> No. 3146
Collecting time points can give you more "time" (the one that game ends if it hits 5:00 AM), so sorta like getting more lives. Or something, I never played it much.
>> No. 3147
>>3145
Orbs serve two purposes;
First, you need them to slow down time. At the end of every stage, 1:00 is added to your time UNLESS you got enough time orbs (the number you need is to the right of the /; e.x. x/3600 means you need 3600 time orbs. It'll turn gold when you have enough). If you got enough orbs, you only get :30 added to time. Continuing also adds :30 to time). If you got enough orbs to reduce time, then you'll also be able to fight the boss's last spell. You lose time orbs if you die or use a last spell (I think the latter makes you lose fewer? I don't have the exact numbers. Never bothered to test it)
The other thing timeorbs do is raise the number of points you get for point items. I believe every 2 orbs gives you +10 points to each point item (point item value is in the bottom-left corner, with the human/youkai gauge). Point items also raise the number of points you get per time item.

also,
lrn2wiki http://www.pooshlmer.com/touhouwiki/index.php/Touhou_Wiki
>> No. 3148
>>3137

Yeesh, I slowpoke for a second and this place becomes pooshlmer.
>> No. 3151
File 121135634616.jpg - (251.28KB , 1124x891 , eirinspell.jpg ) [iqdb]
3151
>>3143
http://youtube.com/watch?v=l89gJrrnkCw

Lunatic mode, but you'll get the gist of what you have to do to escape. And for the love of God, DO NOT TRY TO AUTO-COLLECT! EVEN WITH MARISA OR YOUMU!! Stage 5's newbie trap.

I'm one of the stupid kind of players. No matter how many times it happens, I ALWAYS think I can outrun Tewi/Reisen's next attack just to auto-collect. I'm damned if I do (lose all lives I just gained to stupid shit with Reisen), and damned if I don't (lose the lives I "protected" from Reisen to HELLOOO, NURSE!)