- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 19325)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 125814737636.jpg - (50.69KB, 496x329, rain_under_trees.jpg) [iqdb]
19325 No. 19325
[x] You have to be quick about this, if you want to win. Find someone else.

A little while... might be too long. The sooner you start the better, right? That's why Yukari left right away. She knows what she's doing.

“Hmm... maybe Cirno, then?” You say, thinking back to the ice fairy at the lake. She would be good to have along. “She would be good.”

Wriggle laughs. “You really want to win, don't you?”

You nod. There's a lot of reasons why you want to win.

“Well, let's go, then,” Wriggle says, watching as a small bug crawls up her shoulder. “I'll get my friends on it, too.”

You almost stop her, but bugs aren't people. That should be fine.

“A-ah, wait,” Mystia says, “I've got to put this stuff away first. I guess it can marinate for a bit longer...”

Also fine, you guess. You want to get going, but waiting for Mystia is OK if it doesn't take too long.

...which, it doesn't. Only a little bit, since all she has to do is put a few trays away.

“So, over to the lake, then?” Mystia asks, coming out from behind the counter of the stand. “Then where?”

Wriggle stands up at this, so you do, too. “Well, maybe I can find out where, but... it might be a little bit. Or maybe not. My friends like the rain about as much as I do.”

The rain is calming down a little, but there's still some water coming down. “Well, I'll just close up and we can leave,” Mystia says, motioning you two out from under the stand.

“So, got any ideas, Phobe?” Wriggle asks, turning towards you.

[ ] Maybe it's from the mountains, since they're closer to the sky.
[ ] Maybe it's from the lake, since all this water has to come from somewhere.
[ ] Maybe it's from that crazy place, since everyone thinks the weather is crazy.
Expand all images
>> No. 19327
[x] Maybe it's from the mountains, since they're closer to the sky.

Something Tenshi related?
>> No. 19328
{X} Maybe it's from the mountains, since they're closer to the sky.
>> No. 19330
"What about from the clouds?"
"Rain doesn't come from clouds. That's just silly. The clouds are there to hide whatever it is that makes rain."
>> No. 19331
Ah, forgot my vote.

[x] Maybe it's from the mountains, since they're closer to the sky.
>> No. 19332
{Maybe it's from the mountains, since they're closer to the sky.}
>> No. 19333
[x] Maybe it's from the mountains, since they're closer to the sky.

The mountains it is.
>> No. 19334
[x] Maybe it's from the mountains, since they're closer to the sky.
>> No. 19336
[X] Maybe it's from the mountains, since they're closer to the sky.
>> No. 19337
[x] Maybe it's from that crazy place, since everyone thinks the weather is crazy.
>> No. 19343
[x] Maybe it's from the mountains, since they're closer to the sky.
>> No. 19346
No updates today, but it's because I'm slacking off and not because of homework or whatever. I'm helping out with an event on campus. Good for me, I guess, but not so good for you guys. I'll resume tomorrow.
>> No. 19349
[x] Maybe it's from the mountains, since they're closer to the sky.

“Maybe it's from the mountains?” You ask, pointing in that direction. They're not really anything more than darker gray blobs in the lighter gray sky right now, but you know that's where they are. “They're pretty close to the sky, so maybe that's how all the water is getting up there.”

Wriggle thinks about that for a moment. “... maybe. I could see that.”

“All done~” Mystia says, stepping back from the stand. It's all closed up, with the top part that normally goes over the chairs put down, and a sign on the front (with writing on it, you think.). “So, you think we should go looking in the mountains?”

You nod. “First we have to go to the lake, though.”

Wriggle nods. “Yeah. If there's really someone behind this, we'll want more bodies.”

The lake, too, isn't that far by air. It's just that way by a little bit, and then follow the river down to the big body of water. And, Cirno says that she's usually over on this end, by all these green things--- ah. Found it.

“I wonder if she'll be here?” Mystia asks, from behind you. “I hope so.”

“It looks really cold over there,” Wriggle says, pointing towards a corner of this small corner of the lake. It's sort of white, misty... a bit different than the rest of the place. “Let's check.”

The three of you move closer, and... there she is. Another thing, too, with gold-trimmed wings. As you move closer, to greet them, Mystia calls out.

“Hey, Cirno~”

They both turn to look. You don't think they were expecting you.

“Whoa, it's you guys,” Cirno says, as the three of you land nearby. “What's up?”

“We're going to make it stop raining,” You say, “But we need another person.”

She still looks confused. “Why do you want to stop the rain?” She asks, “It's fun to play with.”

[ ] It's fun to stop it, too.
[ ] It's a game, and you want to win.
[ ] Lots of people don't like it, though. So it'll be good if you fix it.
>> No. 19350
[x] It's fun to stop it, too.
[x] It's a game, and you want to win.
I like them both.
>> No. 19351
[X] It's a game, and you want to win.

"If only we had someone strong on our team..."
>> No. 19352
[x] It's fun to stop it, too.
[x] It's a game, and you want to win.
>> No. 19353
[X] It's a game, and you want to win.
>> No. 19354
[X] It's a game, and you want to win.
>> No. 19355
[x] It's a game, and you want to win.

Winners shall be known round Gensokyo as the strongest, the smartest, the most bestest incident solvers in the land. All shall fear and respect us. We are...

Neo Nine Squad.

>> No. 19356
>>19355
YES
>> No. 19358
[ℤℯ] It's a game, and you want to win.
>> No. 19359
[x] It's a game, and you want to win.

“I want to win,” You say, before anyone else says anything, “It's fun to win against strong people.”

It's true. You want to beat Marisa, Chen, Yukari, Reimu... all of them, really. It's fun to play, too, but winning would make it better.

Cirno's eyes light up. “I don't get it, but you're going to fight strong guys, right? You'll need my help.” She asks, “I'm in. Can Dai come too?”

Oh, she must be talking about that other one. You shake your head. “Only four on a team.”

“But, there's only thr---oh,” She says, “Oh.” Then, she turns to the other person. “Guess not. I'll see you later.” Then, back to you. “What're we beating up?”

Maybe you really are going to have to beat something up. Everyone seems to think so. “We don't know yet,” Wriggle says, “We were going to go check up at the mountains and see if we could find it.”

“I wonder if it's really there?” Mystia asks, “Maybe it's up in the sky...”

“Wriggle shrugs. “We won't know until we look, right?”

You nod, too. “I think it's in the mountains, so we should look. Let's go~”

The four of you, now a full team, head up into the air. You're leading like usual, but looking back, you see that there's now a trailing bit of white fluff and no rain around Cirno. It's kind of cool. You bet anyone on the ground could see this.

The mountains get closer, and closer, and closer... until, eventually, you reach the big one in the middle. You think. It's kind of hard to tell where the mountain starts, but the ground is really steep and there really aren't many plants, so you think this is really the mountain.

It's kind of hard to hear them from behind you, since the wind's pretty strong here. If you look back you can usually see them talking, but the wooshing sound is too much. It's starting to get dark, too, so you're going as fast as you can before you can't see anything. Like that... wait. What?

You thought you saw something, behind that tree up there on the mountain, but then you didn't. It was kind of person shaped, but...

[ ] Maybe it's what you need to go beat up? Check it out.
[ ] Maybe it tell you where to go or something? Check it out.
[ ] It was probably nothing. Keep heading towards the top.
>> No. 19360
[x] Maybe it's what you need to go beat up? Check it out.
>> No. 19361
[x] Maybe it tell you where to go or something? Check it out.
-[x] If it attacks, beat it up.

incident resolving time.
>> No. 19362
File 125840701133.gif - (97.19KB, 800x739, daiyousei.gif) [iqdb]
19362
>"Guess not. I'll see you later."
Poor Dai-chan.

[X] Maybe it's what you need to go beat up? Check it out.
>> No. 19363
[x] It was probably nothing. Keep heading towards the top.
>> No. 19366
[x] Maybe it tell you where to go or something? Check it out.
-[x] If it attacks, beat it up.

>It's kind of hard to hear them from behind you, since the wind's pretty strong here. If you look back you can usually see them talking, but the wooshing sound is too much. It's starting to get dark, too, so you're going as fast as you can before you can't see anything.
MAYBE IT'S A DARK BLOWHOLE

>>19362
;_;
>> No. 19371
[x] Maybe it tell you where to go or something? Check it out.
-[x] If it attacks, beat it up.
>> No. 19376
[x] Maybe it's what you need to go beat up? Check it out.

hahaha
>> No. 19403
[x] Maybe it tell you where to go or something? Check it out.
-[x] If it attacks, beat it up.
>> No. 19410
[x] Maybe it's what you need to go beat up? Check it out.

Ah yes, the only way to solve incidents.
>> No. 19420
[x] Maybe it tell you where to go or something? Check it out.

… huh. You're curious what it could be. You didn't imagine that. It was there, so it should still be behind that tree. You change your flight, heading towards the mountain instead of along it.

“Hey, Phobe!”

You turn around. Wriggle's waving at you, so you wait for them to get close.

“Did you find something?”

You point in the direction of the tree from before. “I think there's something up there. Maybe it can help us?”

Wriggle shrugs. “Maybe. I hear there's a lot of nasty things on this mountain, though.”

“Oh, me too!” Mystia says from behind you, “Like, curses and scary warriors and gods... wait. We're not going to try and beat up a god, are we?” She asks, like she suddenly realized something.

Cirno laughs. “Gods are no problem. Come on, let's see what it is!”

And then, without waiting, she zips towards where you were pointing. You follow immediately after, with Wriggle and Mystia a little behind you.

As Cirno reaches the tree and the rocks next to it, though, the whole thing explodes into blue. Danmaku. Lots and lots of danmaku.

“Whoa!”

Cirno manages to evade, heading lower than the danmaku could at that angle. It's not headed at your group, but you head lower, too. Down to where Cirno is, being careful to avoid that bit.

“A sneak attack?” She asks the air loudly, “C'mon, fight fair!”

“Geez,” Wriggle says, having ended up near you guys first, “I guess I was right.”

You don't know what to think. It shouldn't be hiding, if it can do that. That's silly. It should be above you, shooting again...?

You look up. Nothing. Strange. Maybe it's just playing something else. But you won't find out if you're down here, and you're so curious...

“Eh? Where you going?” Cirno asks, as you start to head further up the cliffside.

“I'm gonna see what it is~”

Carefully, you rise up. There's a small winding path that goes to where you're going, too, but the path comes from a different part of the mountain. Plus it's not as steep, so there's less cover.

Poking your head up over the edge, and past the scraggly little plant there, you see... nothing. No danmaku, no person, nothing.

“See anything?” Cirno asks, poking her head up beside yours after a moment. “Huh. I don't.”

You shake your head. “Me, either.”

“Maybe it ran away after it used up it's ultimate attack?” Cirno asks, rising a bit higher. You look down and notice Wriggle and Mystia still down there, so you wave them up.

“Hey, I found something!” Cirno yells from on top of the cliff, somewhere further up the mountain.

You head up. She's just behind the tree/rocks. And, sure enough, it's something. A box, with a hole pointed towards the path. It's kind of making a humming noise, too.

Cirno turns to you. “Do you know what it is?”

You don't. But, maybe...

[ ] ...whoever was here dropped it? That means that they were running, for sure.
[ ] ...it was shooting the danmaku? Can boxes even do that?
[ ] ...no, you can't even think of what it is.
>> No. 19421
[x] ...it was shooting the danmaku? Can boxes even do that?

It might be possible.
>> No. 19425
[x] ...whoever was here dropped it? That means that they were running, for sure.

Important things first.
>> No. 19428
[x] ...whoever was here dropped it? That means that they were running, for sure.

Solve this witty case.
>> No. 19438
[x] ...it was shooting the danmaku? Can boxes even do that?
Evil boxen.
>> No. 19439
[x] ...whoever was here dropped it? That means that they were running, for sure.
>> No. 19440
[x] ...whoever was here dropped it? That means that they were running, for sure.
[x] Take the box with you, it might be important.
>> No. 19445
No update today. I've got an exam later tonight that needs studying for, so... yeah. Will resume tomorrow.
>> No. 19451
[x] ...whoever was here dropped it? That means that they were running, for sure.

...whoever was here dropped it? Why do people drop things, though? If you think about it, if they were running because they were a little crazy...

Cirno's waiting for an answer, though, so you shake your head. “Maybe that person dropped it?” you say,”It looks kind of like something you want to keep.”

“What'd you find?” You hear from behind you, as Wriggle makes it up the cliff face. Mystia, too, but she's humming a song of some kind. It's kind of quiet, but not bad. “Something important?”

“Phobe thinks it's something you want to keep,” Cirno says, passing the box towards Wriggle. “It looks pretty weird, though. Why would you want to keep something like this?”

Wriggle, taking it from Cirno's hand, gives it a good look over. “... huh. Yeah, I don't know, either. Maybe it's just junk?”

You don't like that idea. “Why would it be here, though?”

Wriggle shrugs. “Dunno. I don't think it's what we're looking for, though.”

Looking at it... no, it probably doesn't have anything to do with the rain. It's just a box. Your hands aren't full or anything, though, so you think you'll keep it.

“I'm gonna keep it~”

“I don't see anything else, though,” Cirno says, floating around while looking at things. “I think that's all that's here.”

“Wait,” Wriggle says, moving forward a bit. “Something's off.”

Looking up the path, you have to agree. Something. But, what is it?

...ah.

“They were on the ground,” You say, “So why no tracks...?”

Wriggle nods. “Are you sure they were on the ground?”

You think. Not sure, but... you think they were. But, if there's no tracks, they must have been flying. The ground is all squishy, so if they were walking they would have left tracks.

So, you shake your head. “Not sure.”

Wriggle sighs. “They might be back, then. We'll have to watch more closely.”

All four of you sort of look around, like you'll see something. But, the only things you see are what you should see. No shadowy people hiding behind trees or anything.

[ ] Continue onward.
[ ] Wait. There's something else... (write-in).
>> No. 19457
Humanoid shadowy figure + blue danmaku + mountain of faith + humming thingamajig --> I'm guessing a certain kappa with stealth camouflage is lurking about. I'm not sure how we could flush her out though.


Humming box: camera, sentry gun?


[X] Continue onward.

However if the box is a sentry gun more of them could be around.

[X] Don't step on the path though, fly over it if you have to follow/cross it.
>> No. 19458
[X] Continue onward.

However if the box is a sentry gun more of them could be around.

[X] Don't step on the path though, fly over it if you have to follow/cross it.
>> No. 19459
[x] Continue onward.
[x] Don't step on the path though, fly over it if you have to follow/cross it.

>>19458
Lazy anon is especially lazy.
>> No. 19460
[x] Continue onward.
[x] Don't step on the path though, fly over it if you have to follow/cross it.

Nitori DOES have control over water, doesn't she? If it's not her, then maybe Kanako wanted to rain on Reimu's party (literally).
>> No. 19461
[x] Continue onward.
[x] Don't step on the path though, fly over it if you have to follow/cross it.
>> No. 19464
[x] Continue onward.

Well, if there's nothing... you should get going, shouldn't you? Maybe a bit further from the mountain this time. Then, if there's someone hiding, you'll have more time to dodge whatever they do to you.

You start to head up, and wave for the others to follow “Let's keep going~”

“Yeah,” Wriggle adds, nodding.

First, you head a fair bit away from the mountain. Enough that the tree looks about as tall as a bush, and that the path is about as wide as your finger. Then, you begin to head up again, staying about that far from the mountain the entire time.

As you head up, though, you keep noticing things that are off. There's little holes in the mountain, too, and you keep thinking you see things moving in and out of them. It's starting to get darker, though, so you're not too sure. Maybe someone else is seeing them, though...

You stop, and ask. “Are those things going in and out of the mountain?”

“Uh huh,” Mystia says, “They're pretty creepy, right?”

“I wonder if they're related to the rain, though,” Wriggle says, curiously. “Hmm...”

[ ] They're inside the mountain, though. The sky isn't that way.
[ ] Maybe you should investigate. Pick a random hole, and go in it.
[ ] Maybe you should investigate. Watch for the next thing, and chase after it.
>> No. 19465
[x] Maybe you should investigate. Watch for the next thing, and chase after it.
>> No. 19466
How un-touhou-y!

Everyone knows the correct response to spotting an unknown is to shoot first and ask questions if you remember! It is, after all, the gensokyo greeting.

[x] Maybe you should investigate. Watch for the next thing, and shoot at it.
>> No. 19467
[x] Maybe you should investigate. Pick a random hole, and go in it.

I sense a new friend. Something that looks utterly horrid, yet only we can see the cuteness of it.
>> No. 19468
[x] Maybe you should investigate. Pick a random hole, and go in it.
>> No. 19469
While shooting wildly is indeed the touhou way, a little caution is called for here. Unlike our competitors we don't have a team comprised of stage 5+ bosses. We need to conserve our strength so that we can gang up on the potentially powerful instigator of this incident.

[X] Maybe you should investigate. Watch for the next thing, and chase after it.
>> No. 19470
[x] They're inside the mountain, though. The sky isn't that way.

Eyes on the skies.
>> No. 19474
[x] Maybe you should investigate. Watch for the next thing, and chase after it.

Sounds more like a wild dog.
>> No. 19484
[x] Investigate.
[x] Shoot everything that moves.
[x] And some things that don't.
[x] You know what? Just keep that fire key held down the whole time.

Its like we're really a player character.
>> No. 19492
Calling the vote here, but I don't know when the update'll be. I'm traveling today so I'll either post when I make it to where I'm going, or I won't be able to write on the ride and I'll start writing when I get there. Either way, expect one later today.
>> No. 19497
[x] Maybe you should investigate. Watch for the next thing, and chase after it.

Hmm is right. If they're related, you can't just ignore them. And how will you know unless you go after one? But, there's so many holes...

Watching, there don't seem to be anything coming out of these. They must already be inside. Since they only seem to appear when you're going up, maybe you should go up? Then you can find one to follow.

“Let's go up,” You suggest, “then follow the next one we see.”

“Follow them back to their lair?” Cirno asks, grinning. “That's a good plan.”

Wriggle still looks a little curious, but she nods. “Yeah. Even if they aren't making it rain, they might know someone who is.”

You've... heard that before. Reimu? Yeah. She was going to do that to you, wasn't she? Beat you up if you were the one who did it, or beat you up if you weren't the one because you had to know someone. This game makes a little more sense to you, now. You're trying to be like that. That's how you win.

Mystia nods. “I wonder what they are, though?”

You start to fly up, slowly, watching for them. “Let's find out~”

It's getting even harder to see; the sky is getting darker all the time. The holes in the side are getting less and less, too. Eventually, though, you do see one. Fast. But, you do see one, so you all follow as fast as you can.

Into the mountain you head. Into the hole that's only about three times as tall, and maybe six times as wide as you are. It's dark, but there's little bits of fire on the walls to light the way. It's probably a good idea to be quiet, so you stop humming Mystia's current tune. She does, too. The path curves and twists, going up and down and around and---

There's a person, only not. A youkai. The big fluffy ears and the tail give it away. It's got a sword and another thing in it's other hand, something round.

It also was not expecting you. You can tell, because it has very big eyes.

[ ] Knock it down and keep going. You're moving fast enough.
[ ] Blast it. That's what Reimu would do, right?
[ ] Ask it if it knows anything.
>> No. 19502
[x] Ask it if it knows anything.
[x] Blast it. That's what Reimu would do, right?
[x] Ask it again.

There's a reason Reimu is good at she does. Don't fix a method that isn't broken.
>> No. 19503
[x] Ask it if it knows anything.
[x] Blast it. That's what Reimu would do, right?
[x] Ask it again.

I like this choice.
>> No. 19504
[x] Ask it if it knows anything.
[x] Blast it. That's what Reimu would do, right?
[x] Ask it again.
>> No. 19505
[x] Ask it if it knows anything.
[x] Blast it. That's what Reimu would do, right?
[x] Ask it again.
>> No. 19506
[x] Ask it if it knows anything.
[x] Blast it. That's what Reimu would do, right?
[x] Ask it again.

This is the only way!
>> No. 19507
>There's a person, only not. A youkai. The big fluffy ears and the tail give it away. It's got a sword and another thing in it's other hand, something round.

The Easter Bunny's got a blade! Take him down!
>> No. 19519
>>19507

Dog ears. Phobe doesn't know what a dog is, though...
>> No. 19521
[x] Ask it if it knows anything.
[x] Blast it. That's what Reimu would do, right?
[x] Ask it again.

>There's a person, only not. A youkai. The big fluffy ears and the tail give it away. It's got a sword and another thing in it's other hand, something round.
>It also was not expecting you. You can tell, because it has very big eyes.
Hnnnnnngggh
>> No. 19523
>>19519

Momiji!? Oh crap.

[x] Ask it if it knows anything.
[x] If it attacks:
-[x] Blast it. That's what Reimu would do, right?
-[x] Ask it again.

changing votes because I don't want to indiscriminately blast Momiji. I'd give her a chance to answer, then if she attacks, then it's blasting time.
>> No. 19526
[x] Ask it if it knows anything.
[x] Blast it. That's what Reimu would do, right?

You stop moving. “Hi. Do you know why it's raining so much?”

It seems to know what to do now. The youkai yells something, very loudly.

“Intruders!”

The sound is loud, very loud; it almost seems like it fills the whole cave. It doesn't seem like it's an answer to your question, though. Maybe you should try fighti---

Ah, it had the same idea. Danmaku. A big blast of it, in whites and blues. And there's no way to dodge. Not in a cave like this.

“Haha! Too slow!”

They hit something, though, splatting into little puffs of nothing as they do. Something in front of you, like a wall. Cirno's the one laughing, so maybe she had something to do with it? Another wave of danmaku blasts forward with a swing of the sword as the youkai backs up, but it does the same thing. Wriggle taps you on the shoulder.

“Start shooting when-”

Cirno speaks, breaking the laughter. “Ok~”

Green lights now, from Wriggle. They don't run into any kind of wall so you start shooting, too. It's danmaku, but in such a small cave... there's no way to dodge. The youkai in front of your group gets hit by the full force of the combined pattern and falls over.

“Ah, good job everyone,” Mystia says, a bit of musical tone in her voice. “I didn't even need to do anything~”

Wriggle lets out a soft laugh. “No problem. I didn't think that'd actually be useful, though...”

“I'm always useful,” Cirno says, sounding pretty happy. “What do we do now, though?”

“We talk to it again,” You say, walking forward. “I think. Do you know why it's raining so much?”

The creature looks at you, obviously angry. But it doesn't say anything. Why isn't this working?

[ ] Maybe you should mention that you could shoot it again.
[ ] Huh. Maybe you did it wrong. Continue, and find the next one.
[ ] Ask the others what they think.
[ ] Try making it afraid. Humans talk a lot when afraid, so maybe...
[ ] Something else (write-in)
===============================================
>>19523
It's not Momiji, either, but... you're on the right track.
>> No. 19527
[x] Ask the others what they think.
[x] Explain that you just want to make the excessive rain stop.
>> No. 19528
>>19526
>It's not Momiji, either, but... you're on the right track.

so... just a random wolf tengu?

[x] Ask the others what they think.
[x] Explain that you just want to make the excessive rain stop
[x] If it still doesn't want to talk, try putting a little fear into it.
>> No. 19529
>>19526
>It's not Momiji, either, but... you're on the right track.
...Sayo?

[X] Ask the others what they think.
[X] If they don't know what to do either, try making it afraid. Humans talk a lot when afraid, so maybe...
>> No. 19530
[x] Input combination for your Fatality.
>> No. 19531
[x] Ask the others what they think.
[x] Explain that you just want to make the excessive rain stop
[x] If it still doesn't want to talk, try putting a little fear into it.
>> No. 19532
>[x] If it still doesn't want to talk, try putting a little fear into it.
No. Just no. It will go crazy like everything else.

[x] Ask the others what they think.
[x] Maybe you should mention that you could shoot it again.
>> No. 19533
[x] Ask the others what they think.
[x] Explain that you just want to make the excessive rain stop.
[x] Try making it crazy-happy. Humans talk a lot when happy, so maybe...
>> No. 19534
>>19519
Either there's not one person left with a sense of humor on this site, or I concede to not being funny.

But even I think that can't go completely over someone's head, at least earning a smirk or chuckle of sorts.
>> No. 19535
>>19534
Unless it's a reference to something, it's not funny.
>> No. 19536
>>19534

Do we really have to go over this again? They covered this on the very first day of internet. Maybe you were absent that day.

Sarcasm does not work on the internet.
>> No. 19537
>>19536
It wasn't sarcasm, though.
>> No. 19540
>>19534

When I go back and read my writing, one of the flaws I always see is that I forget to describe things as well as I should. It's not that it wasn't funny (I did chuckle at the image), it's just that you could have been serious. So, in the case that you were, I was trying to clarify things.
>> No. 19541
[x] Ask the others what they think.

You don't get it. And, when you don't get something, sometimes the best thing to do is ask someone. They know more stuff, sometimes.

“Hey,” You say, turning around to face the others, “Why isn't it answering?”

“Well, it did yell out...” Wriggle says, “Maybe it's waiting for reinforcements?”

Looking back to the fallen youkai, you see a hint of a smile. It doesn't last long, though, before it turns into that tough face from before.

“Reinforcements?”

“More help,” Wriggle says, “I don't see how they'd fit them into here, though...”

“Hmm. So we can't do anything?” You ask again, “We have to wait for the reinforcements?”

“Let me try,” Wriggle says, moving towards the thing. Cirno does, too, but she's just watching. Mystia nods, and turns around. Maybe she's watching for the reinforcements.

“Hey.”

The youkai doesn't answer.

“Come on, you won't even answer me?”

Again, no answer. Wriggle goes to the wall and grabs... something. It looks kind of like a tiny snake, only as long as a finger. She says something to it with that weird whispering and sets it down on the ground. After this, it runs away.

“Really, we just want to know who's making all this rain,” Wriggle says, “We'll leave if it's not in here.”

No answer.

Wriggle laughs a little. “Maybe you're not talking because it is in here? Well, let's try this, then.”

She says something else, but it's not a word. It's clicking and hissing and... well, it's really weird. And then, one of those tiny snakes drops from the ceiling. A flying thing with a hard shell buzzes past your ear. More and more bugs keep coming from all over the place, landing on the youkai. It doesn't like it. You can tell that it's starting to get scared, even though it's trying to look tough.

“I'll tell them to go away,” Wriggle says, as more and more of these things start to land on the youkai. It's clothes, shield, they're all starting to get darker. Shinier. That's... a lot of bugs. “But, you've gotta answer first.”

Cirno's watching this whole thing with wide eyes. Your eyes might be a little wide, too. You didn't know that Wriggle could do something like this.

“It's not so hard,” Wriggle says, grinning. “Come on. Are you responsible?”

“Nnn...”

“What was that?”

“Nnnn... ah! Get them off!”

The face of the youkai (what little you can see, anyway) is definitely different. It's scared. Willing to talk.

“Answers, first.”

“I-I-I don't know! I'm just a guard!”

Wriggle lets out another bit of that clicking/hissing, and the bugs all leave. Some fly, but most of them walk like some sort of crazy shiny, moving carpet.

“Hah... hah...”

The youkai is breathing hard, still a little scared.

“No hard feelings,” Wriggle says, before turning to you. “It doesn't know anything, though. That's disappointing.”

Nothing? That is disappointing.

“H-hey, I think I hear something...”

Mystia, from her spot further back, speaks up. All of you listen. Aside from the youkai, though, you don't... wait. Pattering. Kind of like footsteps? Like something soft hitting something hard, footsteps on stone.

Wriggle nods. “Yeah, I hear it too.”

The youkai grins again, it's fear lessening.

[ ] Reinforcements? Maybe they'll know something.
[ ] Reinforcements? They probably won't know anything, either. Not worth fighting.
-[ ] Try to get past them without fighting.
-[ ] Blast them, and keep going.
>> No. 19543
[x] Reinforcements? They probably won't know anything, either. Not worth fighting.
-[x] Try to get past them without fighting.
>> No. 19544
[x] Reinforcements? They probably won't know anything, either. Not worth fighting.
-[x] Blast them, and keep going.
-[x] Blast the youkai guard again.
>> No. 19545
what would Reimu do?

[x] Reinforcements? They probably won't know anything, either. Not worth fighting.
-[x] Blast them, and keep going.
-[x] Blast the youkai guard again.
>> No. 19546
[x] Reinforcements? They probably won't know anything, either. Not worth fighting.
-[x] Try to get past them without fighting.
>> No. 19547
>>19544

Isn't that a bit mean though, blasting that guard a second time?
>> No. 19548
[x] Reinforcements? They probably won't know anything, either. Not worth fighting.
-[x] Blast them, and keep going.
-[x] Blast the youkai guard again.

Sure, why not
>> No. 19553
[x] Reinforcements? They probably won't know anything, either. Not worth fighting.
-[x] Try to get past them without fighting.

You guys are really determined to turn our little youkai into a mini-Reimu, aren't you.
>> No. 19554
>>19553

seems like it and to think most of THP senselessly hates Reimu.

How dare they do that to Phobe!
>> No. 19555
>>19554
Gasp! I see it now, they're trying to turn Phobe into something everybody can hate! Those bastards!
>> No. 19558
I voted for it because I thought the thought of her getting a little too into it sounded interesting.

Also, its not just Reimu that does this stuff. EVERYONE in Gensokyo plays like this. Heck, if you don't believe me, replay all the games. Like a third of the time Reimu actually tries to avoid the fight, while the youkai, knowing full well she's up against the shrine maiden of doom, decides to instigate her.

Bitches get what they've got coming.
>> No. 19559
I voted for it because the smirking bastard deserves it.

And in Phobe's eyes, he may call for even more reinforcements, or run off somewhere and do something to slow the group down. Best to take them all out; no survivors.
>> No. 19562
[x] Reinforcements? They probably won't know anything, either. Not worth fighting.
-[x] Blast them, and keep going.
-[x] Blast the youkai guard again.
>> No. 19564
>It's clothes, shield, they're all starting to get darker.
I thought Phobe didn't know what a shield was?

{X} Reinforcements? They probably won't know anything, either. Not worth fighting.
-{X} Blast them, and keep going.
-{X} Blast the youkai guard again.
>> No. 19565
I voted for it because i think it would fit in with Phobe's character.

>seems like it and to think most of THP senselessly hates Reimu.
I don't hate Reimu, i hate no Touhou. I see Reimu more as a Chado Reimu. Doing something she has to do, something forced onto her. It is not her fault at all, she is not even bloodthirsty or merciless, just punishing or killing the ones that disrupt the order as fast as possible. That is why she is lazy too.
>> No. 19569
>>19565

I Think Reimuish habits like this would be understandable if Phobe seen Reimu in action, but since she didn't, I doubt she'd be this cynically methodical about it.

Also it doesn't help that many writers seem to cast Reimu as someone particularly unlikable.
>> No. 19571
[x] Reinforcements? They probably won't know anything, either. Not worth fighting.
-[x] Blast them, and keep going.
-[x] Blast the guard again.

“More of them?” Cirno asks, “We get to do it again?”

“We could leave,” Wriggle says, “Not that I'm suggesting that. This is kind of fun.”

You nod. “Let's beat them up too, and keep going. Maybe there's something more inside?” Then, a thought crosses your mind. “Can it call reinforcements again?”

Wriggle shrugs. “I don't see why not.”

You look at the youkai lying there on the floor of this place. Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of reinforcements, from just this one? That's not good. You have to stop that. But what's the best---

It moves, pushing itself up onto it's feet in an instant. The reaction from you is automatic, too, though. Your bullets fire, filling the hall with light once more. It drops again, this time a bit heavier. It was really close, so only a few bullets in your entire pattern miss.

“...well, now it won't.” Wirggle says, a bit surprised. “Hold on.”

She plucks another bug off of the wall, this one a round one with only a few legs. After whispering to it for a little bit, she lets it go. “I think we've got a little bit before they show up. Maybe we should come up with another quick plan or two?”

“That last one was really cool,” Cirno says, “Let's do it!”

Mystia nods. “Plans are better than no plans.”

“How about these, then?”

They really are quick plans; you only have to breathe about 10 times before she's done explaining them. The first one involves lots of bugs, kind of like before... but it's only good if you can hide somewhere for a little while. They take a little bit of time to show up. Then, while they're distracted, you can blast them.

The second plan is for Mystia to start singing, and then you can do what you want. It makes them not able to see or something.

Plans in place, your group heads forward. And, sure enough, there's more youkai. Three of them this time. They look about as surprised as the first. But, they also react more quickly

They fire, but again, there's a clear wall in the way.

… wait. Only two of them fired, because the third is running right at---

*crash!*

The wall, whatever it was, shatters. Breaks into tiny clear pieces that sparkle as the fly through the air. The youkai has his big metal circle in front of him, running right at you. There's a little room on the sides and above it. Much more overhead, but … well, that seems like a bad idea. You don't know why, though.

[ ] Dodge. Over the top.
[ ] Dodge. Try to brush past the side holding the sharp thing.
[ ] Dodge. Try to brush past the side holding the round thing.
[ ] Dodge. Try going underneath.
[ ] Just stand your ground. It can't run you over if you prepare to stop it.
[ ] Back up. The others have to be doing something...
================================================
>>19564
She doesn't. I try to catch myself when I do things like that, but sometimes I forget. It's just more natural for me to just type out "shield" when talking about a shield.

>>19554
But Reimu is love~
>> No. 19572
[c] Dodge. Over the top.
>> No. 19573
[x] Just stand your ground. It can't run you over if you prepare to stop it.

Counter it.
>> No. 19574
>>19569

I still don't understand why this is, considering that Reimu is one of the nicer and more laid back characters in the series. If anything, its Marisa that's the jerk in canon, though a very lovable one.
>> No. 19576
[x] Back up. The others have to be doing something...

>>19574
The haters use her attitude in the games (which isn't the same for her day to day life), and the Tokiko incident (basically how she mugged her for her books); though I believe she has improved since then (especially after getting chewed out by the Yama in PoFV)

Yes character development is possible in Touhou (Look at Sakuya, she's come a long way since EoSD in terms of being generally friendly; in SWR, she's shown in one of the endings being quite helpful to Reimu, and it's stated in Aya's article on a booktheft incident that Marisa is on good terms with most of the mansion when she isn't stealing.)

But Reimu is often the straight gal in contrast to the more over the top personalities of her friends (Marisa, Yukari, Remilia, Suika)
>> No. 19579
[x] Dive under, blast away full power when past the shield.
>> No. 19581
How big is this shield?

[X] Shoot him in the foot
[X] Try to brush past the side holding the round thing.

Then, if he falls toward us.

[X] Shoot at the two youkai.

If he's still standing.

[X] Pounce on him from behind.
>> No. 19588
[x] Spin. Shoot danmaku while crashing into the youkai.
>> No. 19591
No update tomorrow, sadly. I'm leaving to go to my grandparents early in the morning, and they don't have internet at their place. I'll update sometime Thursday night, since that's when I'll be back.

>>19581
Pretty big. Big enough that Phobe could hide under it to get away from the rain, or use it as a saucer to sled down a hill in winter.
>> No. 19593
>>19576

As for Sakuya, have you ever seen the ending with her and Marisa in EoSD? She's been pretty friendly towards the protagonists since the start. I believe that ending is part of the basis for the (exceedingly rare) pairing of Sakuya and Marisa in fanworks.
>> No. 19594
>>19591
>or use it as a saucer to sled down a hill in winter.

Oh my, now that you've said that, we just HAVE to take the shield and use it like that someday.
>> No. 19601
[ℤ] >>19581
[ℯ] Take shield for personal use ( >>19594 )
>> No. 19602
>>19591
>or use it as a saucer to sled down a hill in winter.
HNNNNNGH.
>> No. 19604
[x] Shoot him in the foot
[x] Try to brush past the side holding the round thing.

Running, running... moving feet. Shoot.

It makes sense. If that's how it's moving, and it can't move them... it will stop moving. Stop running you over. You shoot. Underneath the big metal circle, towards those blurred targets moving back and forth.

It doesn't work.

Your pattern fills the hall, but... it's not something that can be aimed very well. It gets hit a few times, you think, but not enough to stop it. No more time to shoot. You try diving to the side that holds the metal circle, to squeeze past, but he was waiting for that. The angle of it changes, the space gets smaller, and you're forced to the ground after being scraped along the wall for a little bit.

The other two youkai aren't far behind the first, yelling something not made up of words. Sort of like that noise you heard in the forest before, with Medicine. “Rrrr”, but mixed with something more like a person. They're moving like the other one, but... the one nearest to you doesn't look like he's going to run past. He looks like he's running towards you. You have to do something now, before it reaches you.

[ ] The one that did run past you... you could take it out.
[ ] The one coming for you is more of a threat. Deal with it.
-[ ] Write-in as to how
>> No. 19605
[x] The one coming for you is more of a threat. Deal with it.
-[x] He's actually trying to hurt you. So you have to hurt him back. This isn't a game anymore.
-[x] Try to hold off his round thing with one hand, and claw off his arm, or gouge his center or face. Whatever it takes to make sure he stops moving.
>> No. 19606
File 12592901019.jpg - (28.23KB, 200x200, fear.jpg) [iqdb]
19606
[x] The one coming for you is more of a threat. Deal with it.
-[x] Fear. Try to affect the one next to him too. Let's hope they don't pull any more adds.

Pic related.
>> No. 19607
[x] The one coming for you is more of a threat. Deal with it.
>> No. 19608
[x] The one coming for you is more of a threat. Deal with it.
-[x] He's actually trying to hurt you. So you have to hurt him back. This isn't a game anymore.
-[x] Try to hold off his round thing with one hand, and claw off his arm, or gouge his center or face. Whatever it takes to make sure he stops moving.
>> No. 19609
>>19605

Hrm, let's try to keep this bloodless. I don't think the tengu would be very pleased if we accidentally killed one of their guards.

[x] The one coming for you is more of a threat. Deal with it.
-[x] Fear. Try to affect the one next to him too.
>> No. 19611
[x] The one coming for you is more of a threat. Deal with it.
-[x] Fear. Try to affect the one next to him too.
>> No. 19613
[x] The one coming for you is more of a threat. Deal with it.
-[x] He's actually trying to hurt you. So you have to hurt him back. This isn't a game anymore.
-[x] Try to hold off his round thing with one hand, and claw off his arm, or gouge his center or face. Whatever it takes to make sure he stops moving
>> No. 19615
[x] The one coming for you is more of a threat. Deal with it.
-[x] Fear. Try to affect the one next to him too.
>> No. 19617
[x] The one coming for you is more of a threat. Deal with it.
-[x] Fear. Try to affect the one next to him too.
>> No. 19618
[z] The one coming for you is more of a threat. Deal with it.
-[e] Fear. Try to affect the one next to him too.
>> No. 19619
[x] The one coming for you is more of a threat. Deal with it.
-[x] Fear. Try to affect the one next to him too.

Running towards you... wouldn't it be better if it was running away? If it was afraid, it would be. If you were being a real youkai, it would be. Maybe. Since those metal circles seem to block danmaku, you might as well try it.

At first, it doesn't work. They get closer. And closer. But then... they pause. You see them shift in color a little bit. Stop right where they are. Something happened. Something to crack them, nudge them in just the right direction.

You're not sure what it was, but it's enough.

You leap up, and head right over the top of them. They don't try to stop you; they're to busy watching something, something that isn't you. Then it's just a matter of starting up your pattern, and watching them both drop.

They're kind of tall, so you can't see past them until they're down. After they drop, you can see that the first one is down. The one that knocked you over. There's a blue thing next to it, though... oh. Cirno. You head back over towards the main group.

“Can you move?” Mystia asks, talking to Cirno as you draw closer.

“Mmm... 's nothin...”

Wriggle nods in your direction as you rejoin the group. She doesn't look too happy. “At least you're still up,” She says, sighing. “These are tough bastards.”

“Ahaha... not tough...” Cirno says, again talking in a way that's hard to understand. Her eyes aren't open, either. Is she sleeping?

“She got blasted by that guy,” Wriggle says, answering your question before you even got to ask it. “Mystia managed to get him with her song, but he got Cirno first.”

Managed to get him... with the song? You don't get it, but whatever it was worked.

“You got him,” Mystia says, “I just made it so he couldn't see you.”

Wriggle shrugs. “Same thing.” And, again, she sighs. “I wonder if this whole mountain is full of these things. Either way, we should keep moving.” She looks down at Cirno. “Resting here would be a bad idea.”

Which way should you move, though, you wonder?

[ ] Move forward.
[ ] Move backward.
[ ] Why move? Resting here is fine.
>> No. 19620
[x] Move backward.

Tactical Retreat isn't a bad idea. And going forward might result in more trouble.
>> No. 19622
Deleting my post and going for this:
[c] Move backward.
>> No. 19623
[x] Move forward.

Gonna cause a ruckus on the mountain. Maybe we'll be in the paper tomorrow.
>> No. 19624
[x] Move backward.
>> No. 19625
[X] Move backward.

We don't have the manpower (girl power?) to wage war on the tengu.
>> No. 19630
[x] Move forward.

Today i feel crazy.
>> No. 19634
[B] Move backward.
>> No. 19643
[x] Move backward.

Mystia nods, lifting Cirno up and putting her over her shoulder. “Yeah. Which way are we going, though?”

You nod, too. If Wriggle says it's bad, it's probably bad. As for the way, back would be best. You know what's that way. Probably one of those youkai, and that's all. Forward... you don't know. There could be a lot more. And you might not be able to win.

“Let's go out,” You say, pointing in the opposite direction.

“I hate to agree, but yeah.” Wriggle says, nodding. “Unless we really want to storm the place, this isn't going to work.”

“Storm the place?” You ask, as the three of you take flight and start heading back. You're trying to pay attention, because that other youkai might be up by now.

“You know, go in with a horde of poisonous insects and ice flying everywhere, while Mystia sings and you do whatever you do,” Wriggle says, behind you. You wonder why you always end up being first, but that's ok. “That's no good, though.”

“No good?”

“Yeah. We use danmaku for a reason. They'd probably have something just as bad to use on u---”

Rounding a corner, you see that one youkai from before. He's further down the tunnel than he was before, running in your direction. Running for reinforcements? Seeing you again, though, causes another crack. Just like before. Another way to slip in a little fear, make him hesitate...

“It's ok,” You say to the group behind you as you fly on without stopping, “He's afraid~”

Shifting his mood is easy, since he's already a little afraid. He faces the wall and crouches down, letting you all pass without a fight.

Mystia speaks up after you go around a few more corners. “Is that what you did to the other two?” She asks, curiously, “I thought you couldn't do it to youkai?”

She's right, of course. You didn't think you could either. When you first woke up, everyone just got annoyed... not crazy.

“I guess I can~” You say, suddenly realizing what she means. You can. That's great! You can't help but laugh a little, too. You're still not sure why it works, but it does sometimes. And that's great.

“I guess she just needed a little training, huh, Phobe?” Wriggle says, laughing a little laugh.

“Training... mountain... mmm...”

Cirno mumbles something a bit loudly, before heading back to sleep. A few more corners, dips, and flat stretches and you're out of the side of the mountain. Back into the open (and rainy) air. Although, it really is almost night now. It's pretty hard to see things.

“I guess we'll wait here, then,” Wriggle says, leaning against the wall not-quite-outside the tunnel. It's wider here by a whole lot, but not wet. Mystia does the same, setting down Cirno on the rock floor. Cirno still looks like she's sleeping. “So, general, where are we headed next? Might as well figure it out now.”

General? She's looking at you, so she must be talking to you. That's a weird name, though.

[ ] Ask about it. What's a general?
[ ] Maybe if you found a hole that didn't have someone going into it, there wouldn't be all those youkai in it?
[ ] Head to the top of the mountain, first. Then, if there's nothing, you can come back and go inside.
[ ] Something else (write-in).
>> No. 19647
[X] Ask about it. What's a general?
[X] Head to the top of the mountain, first. Then, if there's nothing, you can come back and go inside.

Let's make sure that we really have to enter the lions den before entering it.
>> No. 19648
{Ask about it. What's a general?}
{Head to the top of the mountain, first. Then, if there's nothing, you can come back and go inside.}
>> No. 19649
[X] Ask about it. What's a general?
[X] Head to the top of the mountain, first. Then, if there's nothing, you can come back and go inside.

Sounds good, and I think going into a hole isn't a good idea.
>> No. 19650
[X] Ask about it. What's a general?
[X] Head to the top of the mountain, first. Then, if there's nothing, you can come back and go inside.

Cute
>> No. 19652
[x] Head to the top of the mountain, first. Then, if there's nothing, you can come back and go inside.
[x] On the way, ask what a 'general' is.
>> No. 19653
[X] Ask about it. What's a general?
[X] Head to the top of the mountain, first. Then, if there's nothing, you can come back and go inside.
>> No. 19654
[x] Ask about it. What's a general?
[x] Maybe if you found a hole that didn't have someone going into it, there wouldn't be all those youkai in it?

We can sneak into a storage room and set up base.
>> No. 19658
[x] Ask about it. What's a general?
[x] Head to the top of the mountain, first. Then, if there's nothing, you can come back and go inside.
>> No. 19659
[x] Ask about it. What's a general?
[x] Head to the top of the mountain, first. Then, if there's nothing, you can come back and go inside.

“What's a general?”

Wriggle laughs. “You know, someone who leads their warriors into battle.”

Warriors... like those humans? Yeah. There always was one that was out front when they were looking for you, that one man with the ax. So, you're that guy. Leading the others towards what you're looking for, telling them what to do... hmm. You kind of like it.

After nodding, you answer her first question. “Maybe we should go up to the top of the mountain? The inside is kind of dangerous, so if we don't have to go...”

“I'd be for that,” Wriggle says, “Danmaku in those tight spaces is pretty nasty.”

Mystia nods. “Let's go to the top.”

“The... top~”

Cirno moves a little, adding her own comment. Then, she moves a little more, and a little more... and, eventually, her eyes open.

“That was a cool dream... whoa, how'd we get out here?”

“We decided to leave,” Mystia says, “Feeling better?”

“H-heh, I was fine,” Cirno says, sitting upright. “I was just playing dead. You don't think only three of them could take me out, do you?”

Wriggle frowns a little at that. “It sounds like she's ok,” And, standing up, she adds, “Well, let's go find out culprit.”

You nod. “To the top~”

“To the top~” Cirno adds in, getting back to her feet. She seems fine now.

“To~ the~ top~” Mystia hums, turning the thing into a bit of a song.

You take the lead, since that's what you have to do as a general. Everyone follows behind like they should as you head out into the falling water, and up the side again. It's difficult to see; you can't really make out anything on the side of the mountain, but you can tell where the side is so that you don't fly too close. Up and up and up, and up and up and...

Huh. What's that? It looks kind of like a lake, the way that its all bumpy like that when the rain hits it. And that might be a building or two, off to the side...

[ ] Check it out. Start with the lake.
[ ] Check it out. Start with the group of buildings.
[ ] Keep going up. You're not to the top yet.
>> No. 19660
>Yeah. There always was one that was out front when they were looking for you, that one man with the ax. So, you're that guy.

There can be only one.

[x] Check it out. Start with the group of buildings.

Fan out
>> No. 19661
[x] Check it out. Start with the group of buildings.
>> No. 19662
{X} Check it out. Start with the group of buildings.

How curious~
>> No. 19663
[x] Check it out. Start with the group of buildings.
>> No. 19664
{X} Check it out. Start with the group of buildings.
>> No. 19666
{Check it out. Start with the group of buildings.}
>> No. 19677
[B] Check it out. Start with the group of buildings.
>> No. 19682
[ℤℯ] Check it out. Start with the group of buildings.
>> No. 19695
[x] Check it out. Start with the group of buildings.
>> No. 19700
[x] Check it out. Start with the group of buildings.
>> No. 19701
No update today. Insomnia two nights in a row really saps one's ability to write. I'll resume tomorrow, hopefully.
>> No. 19723
[x] Check it out. Start with the group of buildings.

...and things live in buildings, don't they? Well, sometimes. You weren't really expecting to see those types of things up here, so maybe they're worth checking out. You can continue to the top after that.

“Hey,” You ask back to the group behind you, suddenly remembering that Wriggle and Mystia actually can see in this stuff, “Are there bad things down there?”

“Huh?” Wriggle asks, “I don't know. I've never seen this place, either.”

Mystia gets the question, though. “I don't see anything bad...”

Cirno doesn't answer. Maybe she's as bad at this as you are. But, that answer is good. “Let's go check it out,” You say, leading the way, “and see if it's anything bad~”

“I thought we were going to the top?” Cirno asks, behind you.

“It's pretty much the top,” Wriggle says, “I mean, there's only that little bit behind that lake that's higher. Or the edges of this place, I guess.”

“Yeah, I know that,” Cirno responds, sounding like she didn't. You didn't, either, since the edge did sort of end.

Down and down, into the sort of bowl shape that holds all this stuff you go. At least, that's what you imagine it looks like. A really big bowl with water and dirt and buildings in the bottom, put on the top of a mountain. Maybe you should come back when you can see the whole thing. You bet it looks nice.

The ground, once you reach it, feels like it should. And, moving closer, the buildings look like they should. It's not as exciting as you had hoped. This looks almost like someone took a piece of the human village without the hard ground and moved it up here, although it's kind of big. More like the stuff at Remu's place, actually.

“Well, this is pretty weird, isn't it?” Wriggle asks, “Should we just barge in and see who's home?”

“We could knock,” Mystia says, “But, maybe they're not friendly...”

“It's kind of dark,” You say, thinking about that one time you went to the human village at night. There's no light coming out of this house. Humans can't see at night, so they keep lamps and stuff out. Like at Mystia's stand. But, this place is all dark. “That's weird.”

“That's true,” Wriggle says, “Maybe they're not home?”

“Maybe it's ghosts?” Cirno asks, “Or maybe the house is cursed?”

“Ahaha, I hope not~” Mystia says.

[ ] You should head inside, see what you find.
[ ] Do it the human way. Knock, then wait.
[ ] Let someone else decide.
[ ] Something else (write-in)
>> No. 19725
[x] Do it the human way. Knock, then wait.

Politeness will work.
>> No. 19726
[x] Do it the human way. Knock, then wait.
>> No. 19732
[x] Do it the human way. Knock, then wait.
[x] If nothing happens then head inside.
>> No. 19733
[x] Do it the human way. Knock, then wait...
--[x] Be silly. Strike a pose while waiting.
>> No. 19734
[x] Do it the human way. Knock, then wait.
[x] If nothing happens then head inside.

Let's hope this version of sanae isn't as aggressive as the one in UFO...
>> No. 19735
[x] Do it the human way. Knock, then wait.
[x] If nothing happens then head inside.
>> No. 19738
[x] Do it the human way. Knock, then wait.
[x] If nothing happens then head inside.

“Let's knock,” You say, heading straight up to the door. You notice that you're the only one that does, and knock on the wood on the side with your hand, careful not to push too hard. Some doors are kind of thin.

It makes a nice sound, like it should. The people inside should be able to hear it if they're there. You wait. And wait. And wait.

“Nothing?” You hear Wriggle ask, from further back.

“Yeah, this is boring,” Cirno says, moving closer as she does “Let's go in already~”

You nod, and slide open the door. “Ok.”

As you do, though, you notice something weird about the door. Part of it almost seems to peel off as it slides, a small square that's a bit bigger than your hands. It doesn't quite peel off, though, and when you stop sliding the door it goes back to where it was.

“Oh hey,” Wriggle says, now beside you, “Looks like there's a note.”

“A note?” You ask, getting as close to the thing as you can. Yeah, you can sort of see the squiggles now, but it's really hard. They look more like darker spots on the already dark thing.

“Here,” Wriggle says, “Let me have a look.”

You move out of the way so that she can. Everyone's behind her looking at it already, so you do, too.

“Uh... hey, Mystia?”

“Hmm?”

Wriggle points. “What's this one?”

“Ah, ah... that's kind of weird.”

They get to work, saying things like that a lot. As they do, though, they're saying other things. Reading it. It takes a while, but eventually they read the whole thing. 'Gone to the outside world for two weeks. Be back on xx/xx.' You don't get the last part, but Wriggle says that it's two days from now.

“Gone after all. Well, I don't think it's their fault. ...oh, hey,” Wriggle stops, tilting her head to one side. “I guess this is a shrine or something. At least, that's what he says.”

Mystia seems a little excited at that. “What kind of shrine?”

“...Sky and... earth,” Wriggle says, after a little bit. “At least, I think that's what he's saying.”

“What's a shrine?” You ask. You know that there's at least two, but not what they do...

“I know this one,” Cirno says, “That's where gods and stuff live.”

Gods? Gods make the rain. That's what Komachi said, if you remember things right. That's how the water gets out of the lakes and into the sky. And this shrine is a sky shrine, whatever that means.

“Maybe the gods in the sky can make the water stop going up?” You ask, still not entirely sure if that's what a sky shrine means. But it's a good guess, you think.

“I was wondering if you'd say that,” Wriggle says, sounding a little more happy than she has been all night. “Yeah. A sky god could probably do something like that.”

“They might be making it rain, though...” Mystia says, sounding a little more down than usual. “I wasn't really being serious when I said we might fight gods...”

Cirno, too, adds her part.“I wasn't kidding when I said I wasn't afraid of one!”

The note is kind of bothering you, though. “But, isn't it gone?” You ask, “It won't be back for two days...”

“I think that note was from whoever lives lives here,” Wriggle says, pointing to the other building “I'm pretty sure that's the shrine.” Then she laughs a slow, soft laugh, turning to Mystia. “Yeah. I was hoping you weren't right either, Mystia. I'd rather sleep for a while than go through any more of this rain, though.”

Mystia sighs. “I know. I'll help. That's why I came, right?”

“You're in too, right Phobe?” Wriggle asks, turning in your direction.

You nod. “Let's try to talk first, though.”

“Sounds good,” She says, “So, to the shrine, then?”

“Yep.”

You start walking. The shrine is a bit smaller than the house, over on the edge of the lake. Over the lake, actually; it's kind of stuck on poles. You don't see how a god could live in there, and, moving inside, they don't. There's a thing in the middle with stuff around it, you think. It's pretty hard to see.

“Where is it?” You ask, looking around the single room in vain.

“Maybe we need to leave an offering,” Wriggle says, “Does anyone have anything good?”

Offering. Something you offer. Oh. So, you need to give it something so that it comes out?

[ ] Offer your hat.
[ ] Offer your box.
[ ] Nope. Maybe someone else does.
>> No. 19739
[x] See what the other have to offer before doing anything.
-[x] If that fails, the box.
>> No. 19740
[x] Nope. Maybe someone else does.
>> No. 19741
[x] Offer a kiss

Because... hell, I don't know. It just sounded funny in my head.
>> No. 19742
>[ ] Offer your hat.

Oh god, that would be like killing a Touhou.

[x] Nope. Maybe someone else does.
We have nothing, maybe someone else has something.
>> No. 19743
>>19741
And what, exactly, would there be to kiss?
One of the others? Interesting and very tempting, but I doubt that's what they had in mind.

[x] See what the other have to offer before doing anything.
-[x] If that fails, the box.
>> No. 19745
[x] Offer a pebble.
>> No. 19750
>>19743

That was kind of why it seemed funny, the idea of them working out how to actually offer one. (Blow a kiss? Promise to give it to the first god that shows up? Like i said, seemed funny in my head at the time)
>> No. 19759
[x] See what the other have to offer before doing anything.
-[x] If that fails, the box.

Sure, why not.
>> No. 19761
[x] Offer your box.
>> No. 19766
[x] See what the other have to offer before doing anything.
-[x] If that fails, the box.

You... really don't have anything, though. Just some not-so-good stuff and good things that you want to keep.

“I've got this,” Cirno says, holding something out. “Is a coin good? It's pretty shiny when it's light out.”

“I've got a little bit of food,” Mystia admits, “I was saving it for when I got hungry, but...”

That stuff doesn't seem that good. But, maybe it is?

“Maybe that stuff will work,” Wriggle says, “Let's try it.”

There's movement as she gets the various things from the people. “So,” she says, after everything is collected, “Who wants to offer it?”

“I'll do it,” You say, excited at the idea. “I just put it over there, right?”

“I think so,” Wriggle says, “Try talking to the god when you do it.”

You grab the handful of stuff, setting your box down to the side. You'll get it after this. So, you just need to walk up here to this thing, right, and set the stuff down...

“We have stuff for you,” You say, talking to the bigger object in front of you. You wonder if the god can hear it. “So can you come out?”

Nothing. You wait for a moment, the only sound being the little bit of rain going on outside.

“Are you in here?” You ask, looking around. It's too dark. If they were here, you probably couldn't see them anyway.

“Nope,” you hear from back by the door to this place, “I'm not allowed in there.”

Spinning around, you see... well, a shadow-like figure standing at the door. You can't many details, other than what looks like a pretty big head. Or a hat. Or something. Whatever that thing talking is, it's dangerous. Or, at least, it will be if you make it mad.

“So, what brings you guys to the Moriya shrine?” It asks, “I'm pretty sure I haven't seen any of you around before.”

You look back to Wriggle, to Mystia, and to Cirno, but neither of them say anything.

[ ] Surprise attack.
[ ] Ask it to stop the rain.
[ ] Be polite. Introductions first, then what you want to know...
>> No. 19767
{X} Be polite. Introductions first, then what you want to know...
>> No. 19768
[x] Be polite. Introductions first, then what you want to know...
-[x] If the gods here are related with the constant rain
--[x] If not, then ask who might be.

We should try talking before fighting.
>> No. 19770
[x] Be polite. Introductions first, then what you want to know...
-[x] If the gods here are related with the constant rain?
--[x] If not, can they stop it?
---[x] If not, then ask who might be
>> No. 19771
[x] Be polite. Introductions first, then what you want to know...
-[x] If the gods here are related with the constant rain?
--[x] If not, can they stop it?
---[x] If not, then ask who might be
Why not.
>> No. 19773
[x] Surprise attack.

Time to raid this place, loot everything that you can get your fingers on.
>> No. 19775
{Be polite. Introductions first, then what you want to know...
- {If the gods here are related with the constant rain?
-- {If not, then ask who might be.}}}
>> No. 19782
[B] Be polite. Introductions first, then what you want to know...
-[b] If the gods here are related with the constant rain
--[b] If not, then ask who might be.
>> No. 19783
[x] Be polite. Introductions first, then what you want to know...
-[x] If the gods here are related with the constant rain
--[x] If not, then ask who might be.
>> No. 19786
[x] Be polite. Introductions first, then what you want to know...
-[x] If the gods here are related with the constant rain?
--[x] If not, can they stop it?
---[x] If not, then ask who might be

“Hi, I'm Phobe,” You say, waiting for a second. None of the others introduce themselves, so you keep going. “Are you a god? Can you make it stop raining?”

The figure laughs. It's kind of a strange laugh, deeper and more rough than you'd expect from that voice. “Oh, and here I thought you guys were thieves. Although, it would be kind of weird for thieves to make an offering. Sorry about the rain, though.”

“It's your fault?” Wriggle asks, her voice sounding a little off. Angry. “You're making it rain?”

“No no,” The figure says, laughing again, “I'm the other god here. Kanako's the one that does that stuff, and she went with Sanae.”

“To the... outside,” Wriggle fills in.

“Yeah. Can you believe it? She's always doing things like that.”

“Can you make it stop raining?” You ask, “A lot of people don't like it.”

“You know what sorts of things this shrine takes care of, right?”

“Sky and earth,” You say, remembering what Wriggle said. “Doesn't rain come from the sky?”

“I'm the earth part,” The figure responds, “So it's not my fault, and I can't do anything. I swear~”

“So, who's making it rain then?”

“That's a good question,” The figure says, “Kanako said not to worry about it, so I don't know. Probably one of the other gods that was here before us? There's all kinds of them on this mountain, you know.”

Wriggle moves closer to you; almost a little too close. “I think she's lying, at least a little,” Wriggle whispers into your ear, very quietly. It's a little hard for you to hear. “Did you see how nervous she looked when she said she couldn't do anything?”

You didn't. You still don't even know what 'she' looks like, so there's no way you could see if she's lying or not.

Wriggle continues “...wanna find out?”

You know what that means. Danmaku, and lots of it. Still, though...

“Hm?” The figure asks, “Something the matter?”

[ ] Maybe this god could tell you where that other one could be. Then, you could go ask that one.
[ ] … this is very dangerous. You'll just have to find the other one on your own.
[ ] Find out. She might be dangerous, but there's four of you... it should be fine.
>> No. 19788
[x] Find out. She might be dangerous, but there's four of you... it should be fine.

Sounds like something is up.
>> No. 19789
File 125997548594.gif - (11.78KB, 120x152, 8803dce3b12d2428a27d0035d000de22.gif) [iqdb]
19789
[x] Find out. She might be dangerous, but there's four of you... it should be fine.
She's the only clue we have so far. Besides, she can only flap her hands and kill us with moe.
>> No. 19790
>>19789
>Besides, she can only flap her hands and kill us with moe.

Now I can't stop seeing her and Phobe locked in an endless contest over who can kill more people by being moe.
>> No. 19791
[x] Maybe this god could tell you where that other one could be. Then, you could go ask that one.
>> No. 19792
>She might be dangerous, but there's four of you... it should be fine.

Isn't that what minions always say before getting beaten up?

[x] Maybe this god could tell you where that other one could be. Then, you could go ask that one.
>> No. 19795
>>19790
"I can flap my arms faster!"
"No, I can!"
Flap flap flap flap
Fap fap fap fap
>> No. 19796
We have one Cirno on our side and one Frog on the other.
We cannot fail!

[x] Find out. She might be dangerous, but there's four of you... it should be fine.

It is the gensokyo way after all - no straight answers until after shooting them in the face.
>> No. 19798
[x] Find out. She might be dangerous, but there's four of you... it should be fine.

A coordinated assault:
Mystia blinds her, Wriggle bug-harasses her, Phobe freaks her out, and Cirno freezes her (if she can.)
>> No. 19801
[B] Find out. She might be dangerous, but there's four of you... it should be fine.
>> No. 19802
No update today. Will resume tomorrow.
>> No. 19818
>>19802
No update today, update tomorrow, there's always an update tomorrow.
>> No. 19820
[x] Find out. She might be dangerous, but there's four of you... it should be fine.

You nod. “We think you're lying.”

The figure laughs. “You think so? What are you going to do about it?”

“Danmaku.”

And with that, you blow past her, flying as fast as you can. Danmaku in that small building would be a bad idea. A really bad idea. Rushing past her might be one, too, but she doesn't do anything about it.

“Well, I have been pretty bored,” She says, floating up from the door. “Just you?”

“No,” Wriggle calls out, now outside the building herself. “We're all in this.”

“Oh, all four of you? Haha, this might be fun~,” She laughs. It's not an evil laugh or anything, but like she's ready to play. The air feels less heavy, now, but still just as dangerous. You think it really might be fun.

“Well,” The figure adds, as the other three draw closer to you, “Whenever you're ready.”

Cirno lets out something between a laugh and a yell, as you see the air start to fill with a pale blue. Danmaku. It's starting.

In no time at all, the entire air is filled. You can finally see Wriggle, Mystia, Cirno, and sometimes the figure when the bullets aren't in the way. She looks... well, kind of young. But she doesn't really sound like it when she speaks. And that hat is really cool.

The danmaku coming from her is something else, though. Stronger than anything you've faced yet. Lots more of it, with the bullets slightly off of where you think they should be. She's not bad at dodging, either, from what you see.

But, that's because your patterns aren't that great. There's four of them if you just use yours like you normally would. But, maybe if you change it a little, you can add to all of theirs. That much danmaku should be a little scary, right? All of it should be scary, not just your part. You try to mix it, and, after you do, it looks a lot better. More like one pattern.

It doesn't last long, though. The pattern that you're flying against changes. There's a really bright sweep of power, twisting and forcing you into one part as another part shoots out. Somehow, you get lucky and get sort of through the space between the bright parts as you're running (it hurts a little), but someone doesn't. The pattern loses it's twisting, spinning... Mystia? Probably. You can't look, though. The bullets are more important.

Ah, there's an easy way through this, though. You go to one side, and then the other... Wriggle gets it, since you see her doing the same thing. You're not sure where Cirno is, but she's still shooting. The patterns on your side change, so you have to change what you're fixing to keep it one. You're not sure if it's working or not, but it does look better.

Another change on the god's side. This one is kind of hard, and you get hit a few more times times. Weird angles again. They're bouncing back, making a web... but they're bouncing in curves. It's hard to follow.

Another change, your side. Another change, god's side. Bouncing bright beams? They aren't even aimed at you. How can this even---

Pain. You move forward, towards the open spot as fast as you can. Your back is hurt, and, looking behind, you can see why. The beams forced you forward. It feels like a trap...

...which it is. Bullets from the front, beams on the side, beams behind. No escape. Not for all three of you, at least. But... there's space between those in the front. You get hit a little as you sneak by. Wriggle and Cirno, too. The pattern you guys have is weaker, now, but still going. The trap goes on, adding little bits of painful distraction like rain every time it does. Hard to focus.

...and, the next one does it. Weird arcs of bullets cut into you, knocking you down. That's it. No focus. You fall to the water below with a soft splash, but land on some sort of plant that keeps you floating. As you watch, unable to move, the two remaining patterns stop in a short amount of time. Cirno's first, and then Wriggle's. And then the god's. The sky goes dark again, and you hear a few splashes a little ways from you.

“Ah, are you all OK?” You hear Mystia ask, seeing a figure moving around a little way above the water. She was out first, so maybe that's why she's able to move already. You let out an “ok”, but it comes out more like a groan. You still have a little longer to go.

“That wasn't bad for a bunch of random youkai,” You hear the god say, closer now. Somewhere above you, but... oh, there she is. “I really wasn't lying, though.”

“S...sure you are,” You hear from Wriggle, off to your right somewhere.

“No, really,” She says, “I can't do anything about it. I'm not doing it, and if I leave the shrine I'll get in trouble. Besides, all this rain isn't really a big deal, is it?”

“We want to win, though,” You say, a bit softer than you would have liked to. “And if you're not lying, then we have to search the whole mountain again...”

“Win?” She asks, curiously, while moving closer, “Win what?”

“There's a game where whoever makes it stop raining first wins,” You say, “But it's hard to find out why it's raining.”

“Really? Who's playing?”

“Um...” you run through the list of the people who are. At least, the ones that you know.

She laughs. “Oh. I'm probably going to have more visitors, then. I guess I won't be bored tonight after all.”

[ ] One last time, you should try asking. There has to be some help she can give.
[ ] Looks like you'll need to search more. Maybe the god is inside the mountain, after all.
[ ] Looks like you'll need to search more. Maybe there's another shrine or something...
[ ] Something else (write-in).
>> No. 19821
[x] One last time, you should try asking. There has to be some help she can give.
>> No. 19822
[x] One last time, you should try asking. There has to be some help she can give.
>> No. 19825
[ℤℯ] One last time, you should try asking. There has to be some help she can give.
>> No. 19829
>And that hat is really cool.
I grinned.
[x] One last time, you should try asking. There has to be some help she can give.
>> No. 19830
[x] One last time, you should try asking. There has to be some help she can give.
[x] Tell her that her hat is really cool
>> No. 19834
[x] One last time, you should try asking. There has to be some help she can give.
[x] Tell her that her hat is really cool.

"Alright, I'll help. But only because my hat likes you, too."
>> No. 19839
[x] One last time, you should try asking. There has to be some help she can give.

“You're really... not lying?” You ask, trying one last time. “You can't help?”

“I'm not,” She says, laughing, “If it was a big deal I could do something, but it's only a small thing. Although...”

...although? That's a good thing. You wait.

“... although, I'd feel kind of bad sending you away with nothing. It was pretty fun to see you all try so hard.”

“If you really want to fix stuff,” She says, pointing across the lake, “I think that old rain god still has a shrine on that side of the mountain. By a waterfall or something. It might have been destroyed by now, though, who knows?”

“Waterfall?” You ask, unsure of what that is. There's water falling everywhere, so...

“Yeah, it's about halfway down. You can even hear it from here if you listen. Hard to miss.”

All you hear is rain. But, maybe it's one of those other sounds that's just sort of there. Or maybe she's lying, like Wriggle thinks. There's no way to tell, though, so maybe you should just believe her.

“Oh, here. This too.”

You feel... good. Almost like that last fight never happened. Almost like, instead of fighting in that crazy bunch of lights and getting shot down, you just took a rest. It's really nice, but... you're confused. Why? Around you, you hear the others moving, too.

“Hey, drop by sometime when everyone's here,” The figure says, suddenly not there. “Our shrine welcomes all kinds of worshipers.”

And then, just the sounds of the rain and wind. But only for a moment. Then, you hear Wriggle laughing a bit.

“That went well. I would have toasted us all right there if I were a god.”

“Sorry I got knocked out so early,” Mystia says, moving over near Wriggle. You head up into the air now. Although whatever you're lying on is nice, it's time to get up. “I wasn't expecting all that...”

“It's fine. We all got blasted,” Wriggle says, also rising into the air. “Even Cirno.”

“H-hey,” You hear Cirno add, from somewhere down in the water, “She just got lucky!”

That gets a laugh out of everyone except you. You don't get why it's funny. Cirno must be really good if that was she had to get lucky with that attack to take her out.

“I still think something's up,” Wriggle says, the group finally back together as Cirno comes up to join you all, “But I guess we can't do anything about it. Are we going to head to that waterfall then, Phobe?”

[ ] Sure. Even if it's not right, it's the only place to go.
[ ] No, you'd rather keep going up. Going down doesn't make sense to stop something from the sky.
[ ] Something else (write-in).
>> No. 19841
[x] Sure. Even if it's not right, it's the only place to go.

Sense in Gensokyo? That's MADNESS!
>> No. 19842
{Sure. Even if it's not right, it's the only place to go.}
>> No. 19843
[x] Sure. Even if it's not right, it's the only place to go.

One of the village people may have vandalized the shrine.
>> No. 19846
File 126023615186.jpg - (102.70KB, 1034x702, VillagePeople1978.jpg) [iqdb]
19846
[x] Sure. Even if it's not right, it's the only place to go.

>>19843
>One of the village people may have vandalized the shrine.
>> No. 19847
[ℤℯ] Sure. Even if it's not right, it's the only place to go.
>> No. 19849
[x] Sure. Even if it's not right, it's the only place to go.
>> No. 19856
[x] Sure. Even if it's not right, it's the only place to go.
>> No. 19861
[x] Sure. Even if it's not right, it's the only place to go.

You nod. “I don't know where else to go.”

“Yeah.”

That's really the only lead you have, so you might as well use it. If it's not right, well, hopefully you'll find something else out on the way.

The waterfall is on the other side of this mountain, over the lake, so that's where you head. Everyone seems kind of excited, keeping close with you this time.

“That was really pretty,” Mystia chimes in, “Back when we all started shooting”

“Haha, you noticed?” Wriggle asks, “I think that was Phobe. I didn't see any of those rainbow things zipping around, so she must have been doing it.”

You nod. “It was pretty.”

“It even worked a little bit,” Mystia says, “I think I saw that god get hit a few times.”

Even Cirno has something to say. “That was pretty cool. This is a pretty fun adventure, even if we keep losing.”

“We're making progress, though~” Mystia adds in, “I wonder how good the other teams are doing?”

The other teams... you can't even imagine what they're doing now, since you've never done this before. Maybe they're flying around like you are, just sort of heading where they want. Maybe not. Maybe they have some other way of doing things.

“Who knows?” Wriggle says, laughing a little. “It'd be kind of disappointing if it was solved after we got there, though.”

“It's still raining,” Cirno asks, “so it can't be solved, can it?”

“That's true. Maybe we can still win this.”

The noise that doesn't really mean anything keeps getting louder as you head back down the mountain. Maybe that's what the waterfall sounds like? You can't really tell where it is besides down, though.

“Hey...” You hear Mystia chime in, somewhere along the way, “What's that?”

Looking down, flying out of the side of the mountain, you see bits of light. Danmaku? It does look kind of like that blast from before, the one that Cirno almost got hit by before you found the box.

Cirno must be thinking the same thing. “Danmaku?”

“I think so,” Wriggle says, “Wonder who's it is, though?”

Well, it's not near the waterfall (you think, since the others know what that is), so you don't really have to check it out. But...

[ ] If it's a clue, it might not be there when you get back. Try to be sneaky and look.
[ ] If it's a clue, it might not be there when you get back. Or even in a tiny bit. Rush down to look.
[ ] Try to avoid it. It might just be another fight to slow you down.
>> No. 19863
[x] If it's a clue, it might not be there when you get back. Or even in a tiny bit. Rush down to look.
>> No. 19864
{If it's a clue, it might not be there when you get back. Try to be real sneaky and look.}
>> No. 19865
[ ] If it's a clue, it might not be there when you get back. Try to be sneaky and look.

I suddenly wonder if Nitori is to blame.

Either way, being careful and quiet about approaching will hopefully keep the group hidden, and the person who is setting up these danmaku turrets will be caught unaware.
>> No. 19868
[x] If it's a clue, it might not be there when you get back. Try to be sneaky and look.
>> No. 19871
[x] Try to avoid it. It might just be another fight to slow you down.

Don't want to get caught and tailed.
>> No. 19872
[x] If it's a clue, it might not be there when you get back. Try to be sneaky and look.

… it might be a clue, or something else interesting. You should look at it closer. Since it's all danmaku-y, even you should be able to see it. But, maybe it's better for one person to sneak in, like before. Yeah. You'll go go down, and---

“Hey, why'd we stop?” Cirno asks, “Let's go see what it is.”

“I was going to sneak in,” You say, “Maybe I can see it without them seeing me...”

“What? I wanna see, too,” Cirno says, “Let's go together.”

That sounds fine. You're flying, so it's not like two make more noise than one.

“We'll hang back,” Wriggle says, “Just give us a signal when you're done.”

You nod. “Let's go, Cirno.”

“We have to be quiet if we're sneaking,” Cirno whispers to you, to which you nod. Yes. Quiet. No talking.

The two of you fly down (Cirno's close enough that, even in this light, you can kind of sort of see her clothes) towards the danmaku, staying close to the mountain and not moving too fast. If you pretend that the rough sides are like really short trees, and you're crawling along... that's kind of what it's like. Except that you're flying, and not crawling.

As you get closer, though, you can see that it's not the same stuff as before. Well, it sort of is, but it keeps going and isn't exactly the same. And there's other stuff mixed in, probably someone else's danmaku. You move closer.

Yeah, there's definitely two kinds of danmaku. One that's mostly blue, and one that's mostly stars. Like Marisa's.

...wait. Maybe it is Marisa's?

[ ] If it is, you need to hurry to the waterfall.
[ ] If it is, maybe you could fight her after this battle. That could slow her down.
[ ] Keep watching for now. You're still not sure what's going on.
>> No. 19873
[x] If it is, you need to hurry to the waterfall.
>> No. 19874
[ ] Keep watching for now. You're still not sure what's going on.
>> No. 19875
[x] Keep watching for now. You're still not sure what's going on.
[x] Find out who is shooting the danmaku sort of like the kind shot from the box. Maybe they made it?
[x] But why would they be setting up a trap? It's weird. They need asking.
[x] Tell Cirno to tell the other two to check out the waterfall, and see if there's anything worth looking into, there. Once done, they should come find you and Cirno, and tell about what they saw.

Is this too unrealistically logical for Phobe, or believable?
>> No. 19880
[x] Try to sneak a better peak. See who's fighting and what it's fighting against.
-[x] If it is Marisa or someone from the other teams, retreat and hurry to the waterfall.
>> No. 19883
[x] If it is, you need to hurry to the waterfall.

Don't want to be Master Spark collateral damage.
>> No. 19884
[x] If it is, you need to hurry to the waterfall.

Don't want to be Master Spark collateral damage.
>> No. 19885
My apologies to everyone who reads this, but I need to take a break for a while. I've got homework due tomorrow, final exams next week that I need to study for in order to pass, apartment shopping to do... lots of things. Lots of annoying things.

My last exam is on next Wednesday (6 days from now), so things will return to normal then. I might be able to squeeze in an update or three during this week, but don't count on anything. Again, my apologies. I hope I don't drive anyone off by doing this, because it needs to be done.
>> No. 19900
>>19885
Not me at least. Personal life takes priority, the people understand this and will still be here after a week.
>> No. 19907
And by Wednesday I really mean Thursday, because I forgot that I had an 8AM exam when I posted that. 6 hours of sleep + two hard exams = no motivation to write.
>> No. 19915
[x] If it is, you need to hurry to the waterfall.

...not good. If it's really her, you need to hurry to the waterfall. You give Cirno a poke to signal this.

“Hey,” you whisper, as quietly as you can, “Let's go back.”

“Huh? Ok.”

You turn your back to the light show and begin to head up the mountain. Back in the direction of Wriggle and Mystia. You can't see them, but you know pretty much where they are. Up and up and---

You feel a slight tug on your back. “Hey, where're you going?”

Wriggle. You answer. “Oh, back to you guys.”

Wriggle chuckles a bit. “Find out anything good?”

“I think it might be Marisa,” You say, “So we need to hurry.”

“Marisa?” Cirno asks, “I mean, yeah. That's who's stars those were.”

There's a bright flash, but it's not from the sky. It's from below you. Looking down, you see a bright shaft of light shooting out from the side of the mountain. You're pretty sure that that's Marisa now.

Wriggle laughs. “I see what you guys mean.”

“Where is the waterfall, anyway?” Mystia asks, “It keeps getting louder, but I still don't see it.”

“I guess we'll find out when we get there,” Wriggle says.

You nod. You'll know where it is when you find it. That's how you find things. You give everyone a wave to move forward. “Let's go~”

That battle goes on for as long as you're flying around it, at least. After that it's not something you can see anymore, because you're pointed down. Flying towards the sound.

Down and down, down and down... the noise is starting to sound more ferocious now, like some sort of angry beast. Loud. Loud enough that even when Mystia is singing right behind you, you can barely hear it. And then, at last, you see something strange. The mountain face is all smooth, and almost looks like it's moving. And it's really flat, almost straight down.

“Hey!” Wriggle calls out. She sounds like she's trying to be loud, but it's still hard to hear her. “I think we found it!”

You float away from the mountain a little ways, trying to get a better view, but... it's simply too dark.

“Do you see anything?” You ask the two behind you, but even you can't hear it. You say it again louder.

“Huh? You need to talk louder,” Wriggle says, “This thing is loud!”

“DO YOU SEE ANYTHING?”

“Nah, just a huge waterfall and some caves,” Wriggle calls out, somewhere closer to you. “Wait. That one has a guard in front of it. It kind of looks like those ones from before.”

“Ah, there's caves without them, too,”

“Yeah. I don't see anything special about them, though.” Wriggle says. “No shrines or anything. Should we just pick one?”

[ ] Maybe you should pick the one with a guard.
[ ] Start with the smallest, and then work your way up. Ignore the one with the guard.
[ ] Start with the largest. It's a shrine, so it's probably large.
[ ] Maybe there's something they're missing? If you all get closer, you might be able to see it...
[ ] Something else (write-in).
>> No. 19916
[x] Maybe there's something they're missing? If you all get closer, you might be able to see it...

A closer look is good since I think there's some details easily over looked.
>> No. 19917
[x] Maybe there's something they're missing? If you all get closer, you might be able to see it...
[x] What kind of guard?

I don't know if Phobe knows what kappa look like, but she knows what tengu look like by now, I'd wager.
>> No. 19918
[x] Maybe there's something they're missing? If you all get closer, you might be able to see it...

Another pair of eyes is always useful
>> No. 19921
[x] Maybe there's something they're missing? If you all get closer, you might be able to see it...

“Let's look more,” You say, loudly. You don't know where they are, though, so... “Show me where they are so I can see them~”

“Sure,” Wriggle says, “Are we just going to leave that guard alone for now? I think it's watching us.”

If it's not attacking, that's fine. And it's a guard, so it won't talk. You don't see any reason to go bother it right now, unless you're going in that cave. But, if you're just looking around... you shake your head.

As you get closer, though, you hear Mystia mention something, but it's quiet enough that you can't hear.

“Huh? Yeah,” You hear Wriggle say, “That is a weird light, isn't it? Let's try that one.”

You don't know what's going on, but you follow Wriggle. The air here is weird. It's not raining, you think, but you keep feeling little bits of water splash on your face. They seem to be coming from that big flat wall of the mountain.

Wriggle doesn't take you to the flat wall, though. You end up somewhere off to the side, near one of those holes in the mountain.

...maybe this is the weird light? The hole, on the inside, is kind of blue. Like someone put blue light in here, but it's not coming from anywhere that you can see. It's just sort of... there.

“Yeah, it's pretty weird.” You hear Wriggle yell, but just barely. That flat part of the mountain is really loud when you're this close. “Should we go in?”

You nod. The light is kind of pretty, and strange. And you're looking for strange things.

The hole isn't a huge one, but it's bigger than that one you were in with the guards earlier. All four of you can walk next to each other with no problem. The walls and stuff are rock, but the floor is kind of smooth. Like it's been walked on a lot. It's pretty quiet in here, too, for how loud it was outside.

“Is this the place?” Cirno asks as your group walks, “Are we going to have to fight another god?”

Wriggle laughs, but doesn't say anything more.

“Maybe it doesn't know it's doing it,” Mystia says, “We might not have to fight.”

“Eh, I wouldn't mind,” Wriggle says, “That one on the top of the mountain made it seem like an old god, right?”

“I guess so,” Mystia says, “Why?”

“If it hasn't been a god for a while, maybe it's not as strong,” Wriggle says, “Or something.”

Further inside the cave, things just keep getting more smooth. First the floor, and then the walls, and then the ceiling. Patterns begin to appear on some of the walls, and then all of them, and then patterns of patterns... you can feel that this is an important place.

Eventually, there's an end. A flat block inside a big wide room. Big... very big. You could fit a bunch of human houses in here on top of each other without a problem.

Wriggle chuckles a bit. “Heh. Think this is---”

AH, NEW WORSHIPPERS.

The voice... seems to come from everywhere at once. Like all the walls are saying the same thing at the same time. It's loud, too.

HAVE YOU TROUBLES?

Glancing around, everyone seems to be looking at you. Maybe you should say something.

[ ] It's raining all the time, and it's annoying.
[ ] You want to win a contest, but you need to make it stop raining first...
[ ] You're looking for a god, so you can beat it up. It's hard to find, though.
[ ] Something else (write-in).
>> No. 19922
[x] It's raining all the time, and it's annoying.
>> No. 19923
[x] It's raining all the time, and it's annoying.
>> No. 19924
Accidental double-vote, sorry. Can't delete...
>> No. 19925
[x] It's raining all the time, and it's annoying.
-[x] So if it's in your power, could you please make it stop.
>> No. 19926
[x] You're looking for a god, so you can beat it up. It's hard to find, though.

Might as well
>> No. 19928
File 12611751296.jpg - (222.75KB, 800x554, we rearned from the master.jpg) [iqdb]
19928
>HAVE YOU TROUBLES?
[x] "Yes."
>> No. 19929
>>19926

We should try asking first; the reason why most things end in a fight is because the person starting the incident INSISTS on it.

If this god insists, then we fight.
>> No. 19932
[x] It's raining all the time, and it's annoying.
>> No. 19933
[x] Yes.
[x] You want to win a contest, but you need to make it stop raining first...
[x] Or find the reason why it's raining.
>> No. 19949
No update today. Moving is a pain in the ass and I don't feel like it. Will resume tomorrow.
>> No. 19956
[x] It's raining all the time, and it's annoying.
[ ] You want to win a contest, but you need to make it stop raining first...
[ ] You're looking for a god, so you can beat it up. It's hard to find, though.
[ ] Something else (write-in).

You nod. “It's raining all the time, and it's annoying,” Looking around the cave, you can't see anyone else but your group. Why can't you see this god? It's a god, right?

YOU WISH FOR IT TO STOP?

Again, you nod.

CERTAINLY, THAT IS WITHIN MY POWER. BOW DOWN AND LEND ME YOUR PRAYERS.

You don't get it. Bowing down and saying nice things to the god shouldn't fix the rain. “Why?”

YOU QUESTION ME?

The walls, and the voice... they both seem a little angry. It's kind of scary. It didn't answer your question, though.

“But I don't get it.”

WORSHIP ME, AND I SHALL PROVIDE A SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM. IT IS NOT DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND.

That's... not really an answer, either. You don't like this god very much. The other one was a lot more fun.

[ ] Maybe you don't have to get it. Do as he says.
[ ] Ask one of the people you can see what they think.
[ ] This is Gensokyo. There should be more danmaku.
[ ] Something else (write-in).
================================================
Dropped the bold, because it was kind of annoying. Also, apologies for the short update. I'm spending most of the day helping my family set up Christmas things.
>> No. 19957
{X} Ask one of the people you can see what they think.
>> No. 19958
[x] This is Gensokyo! There should be more danmaku.

Can't resist
>> No. 19959
[x] Maybe you don't have to get it. Do as he says.
- [x] Ask someone how to pray.
>> No. 19960
[x] Maybe you don't have to get it. Do as he says.
- [x] Ask someone how to pray.
>> No. 19963
[x] Maybe you don't have to get it. Do as he says.
- [x] Ask someone how to pray.
>> No. 19964
[x] Who are you, anyway?
>> No. 19968
[x] Maybe you don't have to get it. Do as he says.

Maybe you don't have to get it. You don't get how gods can get the rain up into the sky, anyway, or how it can talk without talking from anything. Maybe you just need to give it prayers and things will be fixed.

You turn around to Wriggle, since she would probably know. “How do you pray?”

Wriggle looks a little uneasy. “We're actually going to pray to this---”

EACH PERSON PRAYS IN THEIR OWN MANNER. I HAVE NO PREFERENCE.

In their own manner? You still don't get what it actually is. But if he doesn't care what you do, anything should be fine.

You begin to bow down, the only part of it that you really got. Wriggle speaks up, though, so you stop.

“Wait a sec, Phobe,” She says, much to the anger of the walls. “Shouldn't a god do something before it gets worshiped?”

I HAVE BEEN WORSHIPPED FOR OVER A THOUSAND YEARS, AND YOU QUESTION ME?

“No, no,” Wriggle says, “I'm just asking for some proof. I don't like praying to random things, you know?”

WOULD CRUSHING YOU LIKE AN INSECT BE SUFFICIENT PROOF?

Wriggle's starting to look pretty angry. This isn't going well. Looking around, Mystia seems to be thinking the same thing... she's got that worried look on her face. Cirno doesn't seem to think anything of it though.

[ ] Try to calm everyone down and do it your way. The last god just beat you up, and this one will too.
[ ] Maybe Wriggle has a point. Listen.
[ ] Something else (write-in)
>> No. 19969
[x] This is Gensokyo. There should be more danmaku.
>> No. 19970
[x]"Can you use a way of expressing your power that doesn't involve destroying one of your would-be followers?"
>> No. 19973
[x] Try to calm everyone down and do it your way. The last god just beat you up, and this one will too.

We should introduce Kanako to this god, she might like his attitude.
>> No. 20003
[x] Try to calm everyone down and do it your way. The last god just beat you up, and this one will too.

Wriggle looks like she's ready to say something else, but that might be bad. You say something first.

“But, can't you do anything else?” You ask, “If you crush someone, they can't pray... can they?”

You don't know if Wriggle will do it anyway, but … well, if you were crushed, you wouldn't be praying. You'd be crushed.

The voice doesn't answer, but Wriggle doesn't say anything either. No one says anything for a bit, but at least they're not saying anything bad. You wonder if it'll answer your question, or if you just made it more angry. It's hard to tell right now.

After a little bit, though, it does answer. Not with it's weird not-talking voice, but with a loud crack and light. It's kind of scary. You almost run way, but by the time you realize that you should run away it's already gone. You think the others were thinking close to the same thing. Mystia's a bit farther back than she was, Cirno's got her hands over her ears, and Wriggle looks... well, a little off.

You notice, too, that there's little wisps of things coming off of that big stone block in front of you all. Smoke.

A SMALL FRACTION OF MY POWER.

The voice returns, filling everything with it's noiseless sound. Although, after that, the cave goes silent for a little longer. You thought that was pretty cool. And, if it was only a small fraction, this thing can easily stop the rain.

Yes, this god can stop the rain. You know it can. And that's what praying is, right? Telling it that it can and you want it to. And if you can get the others to do it...

… you bow down, with your knees, hands, and head on the floor. Thinking that. Telling it with your mind that you think it can. And when you notice that no one else is doing it, you look up and wave for them to kneel next to you. Mystia walks a little closer, but notices that no one else is doing it.

“If we do this, it'll stop,” You say, “It's not hard either.”

“Sorry,” Mystia says, “I can't.”

Cirno shakes her head. “That's not fun, though.”

[ ] … she's right. It's easy, but not fun.
[ ] Winning is fun, though.
================================================
When I end up with a huge tie like that one, I hope no one minds if I fuse votes.
>> No. 20004
>>20003

Not if you don't mind if I do though.

[x] This is easy but not fun...
-[x] But Winning is fun, though.
>> No. 20005
[x] Winning is fun, though.
It sure is.
>> No. 20008
[x] … she's right. It's easy, but not fun.
Easy is bad.
>> No. 20010
[x] This is easy but not fun...
-[x] But Winning is fun, though.

We must danmaku or the rabbits will laugh at us.
>> No. 20015
[x] Winning is fun, though.

“Winning is fun,” You say, because it is. It's more fun than getting beat up and then not winning. “And if this is all we have to do to win, shouldn't we do it?”

“Maybe...” Mystia says, considering things carefully. You don't get why the choice is so hard, but it looks like it is. “... then, we could go back to the party, right?”

You nod. “It's canceled until it stops raining.”

“Then all my food wouldn't have to go to waste,” She says, again, pausing. “... I'll do it.”

Wriggle lets out a sigh. “No time for a mutiny now, I guess.” Then, looking at you, she manages a sort of half grin before sitting down. “This better work, though, or there might be one.”

“I'm not afraid or anything,” Cirno says, floating closer to your little prayer group, “But if everyone else is doing it...”

Then, with all four of you there, you begin. It doesn't matter how you pray, the god said, so you try your best to do it right. From what you know it's just saying nice things to the god, and asking it for stuff. But you can do it in your head, too, you think. So you try that.

You believe this will work. So you think those things, that this god can do it. That you want to the rain to stop. That you want to win. That, even though you don't know how, this god can do all those things. The others must be doing the same thing. It's really quiet. You're trying your hardest, though.

GOOD. CONTINUE.

And it's working? You keep doing what you're doing, thinking those things. Thinking. Maybe some day you'll ask how this works. It doesn't seem like it's doing anything, but... well, it kind of does. It's weird. Like thinking these things is actually making the rain stop.

Things continue like this for a while. How long do you need to do this for? Until it tells you to stop, maybe. You keep thinking. Thinking. Thinking.

Eventually, you hear a sigh. “No... not enough.”

The voice comes back, but now... it's from a place? In front of you? You look up, surprised. Standing behind the big stone block up there is a man. He looks pretty normal, like any man you'd see in the human village. His clothes have more designs on them, lots of clouds and things, but other than that he looks pretty normal. A normal, slightly frustrated human. But you know this isn't just a human.

“Enough to bring back my form, but... not enough for what you desire,” He says, looking at you four. “Hah. It's been a while since I've spoken like this.”

Not... enough? You don't get it. “Didn't we pray hard enough?”

He nods. “Yes. But there's only so much that four youkai can do.”

Wriggle scoffs. “I knew it.”

She stands up, looking a bit angry. “You just wanted someone to pray to you, didn't you? I bet you started this whole thing to get people to come here.”

The man frowns a little. “Can I explain?”

Wriggle looks ready to say no, but you nod. “Explain?”

His mood seems to lighten a bit at your question. “Yes. My power is... weak,” He says, like that was difficult to admit. “I have had no prayers, no worshippers... nothing, not since that god moved in. Kanako.” You can tell he doesn't like that Kanako person. “She showed up one day and started doing my job. Then, when I confronted her about it, she simply brushed me aside and stole my power.”

He sighs. “How long has it been? I don't even know. And then, she comes by and asks me to do her job for her while she takes a vacation! The nerve of that woman. I accepted out of principal, but... I'm not as strong as I once was.”

“You may not know this,” He continues, “But gods do not produce storms. They prevent them. I was able to do so for a while, but once I allowed it to rain, it was too much to stop.”

“At one time, four followers would have been enough.” He sighs. “Now? No. I'm far too weak.”

Wriggle decides to interrupt at this point. “Why the light show, then?”

He laughs a little sadly. “A bit of a bluff, I'm afraid. Four is still better than one.”

“So, we did all that for nothing?” Wriggle asks, standing up.

The man nods, a little sadly. “Yes. I require more prayers.”

He walks forward, around the stone, and... starts to ripple. Fade a little bit. Look a bit more like smoke.

“Even now I don't have enough power to leave this place,” He says, his voice sounding a little ripply and smokey. He steps back behind the stone, and his form goes back to normal. “But, if you four were to find some more... it would be enough. Will you help me? We would need fifteen or twenty more.”

[ ] You'll help. It's not too late, so you can probably find some down at the human village.
[ ] He lied. Maybe this next thing won't work, either.
[ ] Ask the others for their opinions.
[ ] Something else (write-in).
>> No. 20016
[x] You'll help. It's not too late, so you can probably find some down at the human village.

It's very in character for Kanako to do such a thing.
>> No. 20017
{X} You'll help. It's not too late, so you can probably find some down at the human village.
>> No. 20018
[x] You'll help. It's not too late, so you can probably find some down at the human village.

Sure, why not.
>> No. 20019
[x] You'll help. It's not too late, so you can probably find some down at the human village.
>> No. 20020
[x] You'll help. It's not too late, so you can probably find some down at the human village.
>> No. 20029
[x] You'll help. It's not too late, so you can probably find some down at the human village.
>> No. 20031
[x] You'll help. It's not too late, so you can probably find some down at the human village.
*sigh* Well, it's not like we have any other clues now do we? Unless finding Kanako counts as such?
>> No. 20037
Wait, they DID find the person who was responsible for this rain, right?

Unless the implication is that someone MADE it rain.

If not for the fact that he wasn't described as having a beard, I'd think this was Unzan. Then again, who's to say Phobe would even think to notice those sorts of things?
>> No. 20038
>>20037

well they found the root; since it wasn't so much a person invoking Rain, just that their power giving out caused the rain fest (and it doesn't help that Kanako, who stole the original Rain god's power, is on vacation)
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x