- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 18509)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 125530196684.png - (0.96MB, 850x680, malice11.png) [iqdb]
18509 No. 18509
[ ] Ask Alice and Youki what they think of this plan.
[ ] If needed tell them about Odin in detail.


And how better to consider matters such as these than by asking able advice from wisemen and wily witches?

Know your limits, was this not told to you only moments ago? Thus you reply to the witch of wildling wood, for this is a decision you are ill suited to make.

"As matters are, O mighty Marisa, I am ill pressed to offer wise counsel. The Allfather is highest of gods, and his name honoured by all sons of the north. Ill for a man to judge his own god, ill for thane to doubt his king, and of him make demands."

No, you are not the one who shall wax wise this time, not the one who shall reach beyond his abilities. Instead you turn to your fair Alice and to the wise master, of them you ask for wisdom and deliberation.

"No thought shall I venture unless asked, aye, not before dear dollmaker and wise blademaster have had time to ponder and offer their deep-minded counsel." This you tell, for now you sorely need their wisdom, this you clearly see.

"Going by what I know presently, I would advise against it." Alice answers you after a moment's deliberation. "But I must confess I'm not entirely certain of my answer."

"You have told us of the titles and powers of this Odin." The old master offers, "But the god himself is still an enigma. No man can be fed by a single grain of rice, and likewise the mind's fruits wither without nourishing knowledge."

"Aye, if you wish to know about the Allfather, then I shall tell you." You answer them, for truly they cannot know much about the gods and spirits of the north, this you should have taken into consideration. "And a long tale is it, yet time well spent, I would wager."

Again a deep breath is drawn, words are skillfully woven as you begin the sacred reciting of Odin's age-old saga.

"In age before ages, there was fire and ice..." You sing, telling of old Ymir frost-father and of his giant-kin in that old chasm of creation. Of Buri and Bor you speak, and of Bor's mighty firstborn, Odin father of gods.

You tell of the great giants and the slaying of Aurgelmir, of how Odin and his brothers shaped the his flesh into the world of men. Nótt and Dag were set upon the firmament, their steeds frozen Hrímfaxi and shining Skinfaxi. You tell of Odin who scattered the stars across the night sky and of Odin who built his hall high in Asgard.

You tell them of how the Grey Wanderer walked among mortal men, and of how Glad-of-War gifted victory or noble death to the valiant. Wise One gave his eye for wisdom at Mimir's well, and Evil-Worker stole Suttung's mead, that draught of poetry, of these stories you speak. The tale of Allfather you sing, of how he fathered the gods on high, of Thor, the son of Odin you tell, of Good Balder and avenging Váli, you tell how the God of Runes hanged himself upon the world tree for nine nights and nine days so he could glimpse the charms of old.

Sol's chariot wheels above as the minutes stretch into hours, the old ballads of Odin's travels and quests, his wars and victories play out to your enchanted audience. As you finish the lay of Harbard you see that even the old master clearly is fascinated by the tales about Asgard's lord, not to mention the black-white witch whose wide grin and shining eyes betray an open admiration. More reserved is the dear dollmaker, apparently more impressed with the tales themselves than the god behind them.

"Awesome -ze!" Marisa eagerly exclaims. "He sounds like a real badass, let's summon him already." She adds, turning to you with a slightly pleading look.

"I... wouldn't agree." The dollmaker diplomatically replies, though she seems slightly hesitant. "If even half of those tales are true, we are dealing with someone who could very well be too powerful for us to handle." Then she smiles slightly, her eyes and expression both amused and slightly exasperated. "Besides, you just want to steal his spells, don't you?"

"Of course -ze." Marisa answers while giving the puppetmaker a half-incredulous look. "Why'd ya ask?"

"Where will your sword fall,
Bishamonten of northlands,
Master of battle?"

Old Youki calmly sips from his cup again after he has spoken these staves. Then the wise blademaster turns to address you.

"If honourable, the warrior bears no malice when his sword strikes, and is he then to be feared? Neither does the tiger feel hatred when it kills a man." The old master tells, his voice and expression serene once again. "Would you walk into a tiger's den because of this?"

"Yes," Alice concurs, her voice now more determined, "The risk is too great, even if the alternative is uncertainty."

"Aw, c'mon." Marisa objects, "Y'all are so lame -ze!"

After a moment of silence and a venomous look from Alice, the black-white witch looks down and mumbles something you can only interpret as insulting, before she finally relents.

"All right then -ze. Let's not." She grudgingly says, though her disappointment is clear . Though you can see the recklessness behind the black-white witch's suggestion, you still cannot fault her for courage, and so you feel slightly bad at seeing her in this mood. On the other hand, you find the way she leans back in her chair, arms crossed and the slight pout to be quite adorable.

But indulging in such observations must wait, you remind yourself, and instead opt to speak.

"Are we then in agreement?" You ask of your companions. "For though I know the Allfather to be honourable, I cannot fault counsel of caution, and your will shall I respect."

In reply you get nods of assent from all assembled around the table, thus sealing this matter.

---

After this decision the conversation wanders to other matters. Alice excuses herself after a short while, citing concern over certain spells of divination she and the black-white witch had cast, and with a smile and wink to you she leaves the room.

The black-white witch herself still seems surly when you watch her, apparently still upset at the cautious course you have chosen. Youki, on the other hand, seems content at this outcome. For a moment you wonder about this old man, of what he truly is and of what his teachings truly signify. Interesting indeed, and something you should spend more time in pondering when you have the time.

Finally, you see little Shanghai seated on the table. The little doll smiles at you, warmly and without hesitation, just like little children might do. You smile back at her while pondering the earlier words of black-white Marisa. Truly a strange thing, this doll, called a part of your dear dollmaker. Yet have you not heard of stranger things?

After a short while Shanghai suddenly stands up and floats away towards the door. Strange, perhaps she wants you to follow her?


[ ] Follow Shanghai.
[ ] Try to cheer up Marisa a bit.
[ ] Talk to the old master for a while.
[ ] Do something else? (specify)
Expand all images
>> No. 18510
[ ] Follow Shanghai.
>> No. 18511
[x] Follow Shanghai.
[x] Meanwhile think of a way to cheer Marisa up when you have time.
>> No. 18514
File 125531739321.jpg - (516.00KB, 800x800, 14da1d86068cb4fd2a27212ee59b3792.jpg) [iqdb]
18514
[x] Follow Shanghai.
No witch.
No city-sect.
Dolls only.


Final Destination.
>> No. 18515
[x] Follow Shanghai.
>> No. 18517
[x] Follow Shanghai.

It is time.
>> No. 18518
[0] Follow Shanghai.
>> No. 18524
Calling the vote for doll option.
>> No. 18525
[x] Follow Shanghai.

Even manly Vikings love dolls.
>> No. 18529
>>18524
Surprised? You should know by now that any option with the word 'Shanghai' on it will win.
>> No. 18535
>>18529
I wanted more interaction with them
>> No. 18540
File 12553942163.jpg - (110.08KB, 1027x957, shanghai.jpg) [iqdb]
18540
Shanghai is the most moe because she is the most moe.

---

[ ] Follow Shanghai.


Why not follow the little doll? Surely there is a purpose behind her actions.

Offering an apology to the black-shite witch and old master you excuse yourself from their company and follow the puppet out of the kitchen, followed by thetrical laments from the witch of wildling wood.

For a moment little Shanghai doesn't seem to have noticed you, then the little doll turns around as you approach her, and with a smile she floats up and sits down on your shoulder.

"You were waiting?" You ask the puppet perched upon your shoulder, as one of the Allfather's ravens might do, yet surely a more pleasant burden than ink-black Hugin or coal-coloured Munin is this little dear.

Shanghai merely nods in return, still smiling happily. The little puppet then points down the hallway, as if directing you. Obliging the doll you follow her instructions and walk down the hallway, little Shanghai guiding you with pointed fingers and small tugs at your shirt.

A few turns are made, a staircase you ascend and walk down another corridor. All the way you silently wonder at the beautiful decorations found around the halls of your dear Alice. Skillful carvings adorn the doorways, wonderful weavings hang from the walls and all around you a multitude of dolls sit perched upon small shelves. Truly a hall worthy of a king, no less can you deem it.

Finally you reach a door your little guide has led you to. She jumps down from your shoulder and turns the handle to open it for you, a gesture you appreciate, though it is small. Within you find none other than your dear dollmaker, standing in a room truly odd, more like a craftman's workshop than a scholar's study. Dear Alice seems to study something lain out on a table before her, something that appears to be made out of metal, but nothing else can you see. As she hears you enter the puppetmaker turns to face you, a smile coming over her fair features as she sees who it is who has entered.

"Hello, Sigurd." She greets you. "I'm happy to see you."

"I greet you, my love." You reply, bowing your head slightly to her. "Though small, this song-smith's guide has led him true, where his heart would wish above all."

"Oh? Shanghai did?" Alice asks of you, blushing slightly. The little doll floats back to her mistress, spins around and bows to you, then takes up her cutomary position behind Alice's shoulder.

"I suppose I wanted to speak to you." Alice admits after a moment's hesitation, her expression slightly shy and her face blushing red in a most becoming way. For a moment you feel nearly stunned by her beauty, the next you have already swept her into your arms. For another brief moment she tenses up in surprise, but swiftly does that pass, and afterwards she returns your embrace, hugging you tightly.

"Ever is my ear yours, my love." You tell her while gazing down into her deep blue eyes. "Speak, and I shall listen."

"I... just want you to know that I'll be with you." Alice softly tells you, snuggling closer while she speaks. "Wherever we may go."

Her words touch something within you. Something woven from love, loyalty and luck, something that fills you with bliss. You wordlessly thank great Freyr and his noble sister, Freyja of Vanaheim, for granting you this love.

"Thank you, dearest Alice. Know that your words mean more to me than gold and glory alike." You reply with a grateful smile, feeling a few tears well up in your eyes. Blessed have you been, blessed in truth, this you know.

Alice seems slightly surprised by your reaction, but after a moment she simply hugs you even tighter and smiles warmly.

So you spend a minute holding your love, feeling her warmth and the tender touch of her embrace. You finally break it, hesitating slightly, for no moment of tenderness do you now need but another one entirely. You take her hand, clasping her wrist with your own right hand and look her in the eyes with grim determination.

"Aye, my dear. Whatever may come we shall prevail, this do I, Sigurd, swear." You tell her, the oath thundering in your mind, one that you shall keep above all others.

Your dear dollmaker smiles back at you, her eyes glittering playfully. "Oh? Very well, then we shall prevail."

"I would have it no other way." You reply with a smile of your own, for though you cannot promise her that the path shall always be pleasant, you shall walk it to its end whatever it may take. Alice's eyes tell you that she as well is determined to perservere until the end, and even little Shanghai seems full of spirit, the little doll nodding grimly at your words.

Silence falls, the two of you having run out of oaths and assurances. For a few uncomfortable seconds you do not know what to say. Finally Alice breaks the silence by speaking of matters unrelated to your earlier conversation.

"Ah, by the way, this is my workshop." She explains, pointing out the tools on the shelves and the half-finished dolls on the workbench. "I do most of my crafting and tailoring here."

"A noble pursuit." You reply, looking around you with admiring eye. "Ever is the craftsman honoured, for skill shall always earn its reward."

"Is... that so?" She replies, her voice coloured by slight surprise. "Thank you, Sigurd." She then adds with a smile.

You study your surroundings for another moment, again quite impressed by the many talents in your dollmaker's possession.

"Strange." You comment, for a new realization suddenly strikes you. "That I would know so little of one I love."

You turn to Alice and study her for a moment, and again your curiosity is awakened.

"Would you tell me about yourself, O dear dollmaker, for fain would I learn about you." You ask, for in truth you feel that this would be time well spent.

"I'd be happy to tell you." Alice immediately replies, her lips curling into a small smile. "As long as you tell me about yourself."

"A fair price," You answer her, for tale should be answered with tale, this is well known. The dollmaker merely smiles in reply.

"Where to begin?" Your fair Alice wonders, a thoughtful fook coming over her features, "What do you want to know about me?"


[ ] Ask her to tell of her past and of her family.
[ ] Ask her about her ambitions in life, what she strives for.
[ ] Ask her what she usually does, how she spends her time.
[ ] Ask her something else? (Specify)
>> No. 18541
Oh, and by the way, please pick only one option for now.
>> No. 18542
>black-shite witch
Oho.

[X] Ask her what she usually does, how she spends her time.
>> No. 18545
[x] Ask her about her ambitions in life, what she strives for.
>> No. 18546
[X] Ask her to tell of her past and of her family.
>> No. 18548
[ ] Ask her something else? (Specify)
Because ties are awesome
>> No. 18550
[X] Ask her to tell of her past and of her family.

I want to see how this goes, and it might be a step closer to a MALice ending.
>> No. 18554
[X] Ask her to tell of her past and of her family.
>> No. 18555
[x] Ask her to tell of her past and of her family.
>> No. 18556
Pick only one? Okay.
[x] Everything.

>>18540
I don't like Marisa, but we really need to say something to her at the soonest possible time. I can't believe none of you voted to say something to her.
>> No. 18557
No, really.
[x] Start at the beginning.
>> No. 18558
File 125541953923.jpg - (48.35KB, 540x600, shiki__4.jpg) [iqdb]
18558
>Oh, and by the way, please pick only one option for now.
Curses.
[x] Ask her to tell of her past and of her family.
Because we want to know all about Shinki and how Reimu destroyed her life.
>> No. 18560
[x] Ask her to tell of her past and of her family.
>> No. 18563
>>18558

I suspect Marisa played a role in that perhaps.

>>18556

I tried to vote "Think of a way to cheer Marisa up" in addition to "follow Shanghai"
>> No. 18579
File 12554778045.png - (16.85KB, 170x190, shinki_wat.png) [iqdb]
18579
>>18558
>shiki__4.jpg
>> No. 18584
>>18542

In my defense, the keys actually are next to each other.


Anyway, vote called and writing commences.
>> No. 18619
I'm having a bit of trouble again. I'll try to finish the update sometime during the weekend, but success is not guaranteed.
>> No. 18622
Alright, forest, a riddle for you while we wait for the next update. Patience is a virtue but so is cleverness (or so they say)

"The mighty Nordic god Odin decides to walk into our land as a mortal once again. For mysterious reasons, he decides to start a clothes shop of all things"
How's that shop called?

The answer in seven minutes.
>> No. 18624
File 125573335239.png - (29.89KB, 946x470, Holy Shit.png) [iqdb]
18624
>>18622
'How' is it called? I presume by its name.

Pic sort of related on the theme of riddles or puzzles.
>> No. 18626
>>18624
Nothing, right? Given a mirror of high enough quality, enough light would eventually make it to your eyes that you'd be blinded. Pump some argon in there and you've basically got a laser.
>> No. 18627
>>18622
"One-Eye's Fits All"?
>> No. 18646
I was going to update today, but instead I got utterly and totally drunk. So yeah, no update until tomorrow, maybe.
>> No. 18652
>>18646
That is the right way to spend a saturday night.
>> No. 18657
>>18652

Not when you do it alone.
>> No. 18658
>>18657
He never said he was alone.
>> No. 18666
>>18658

He never said he wasn't.
>> No. 18677
>>18666
He never said.
>> No. 18678
Norseman, please solve the mystery how you spent your saturday night drinking.

[x] Alone
[x] Not alone
>> No. 18679
>>18678
I second this motion. I can't take it easy like this.
>> No. 18681
Is there any point in drinking alone? Best is a feast among fellowship of friends, is it not?


As for matters pertaining to my literary work, the update should be finished tonight or tomorrow depending on my general level of exhaustion. Wait warmly.
>> No. 18683
>>18681
Only a drunk Writefag is a good Writefag.
>> No. 18684
>>18683

>Only a drunk Writefag is a good Writefag.

YAF was perpetually drunk and he turned out to be complete shit though, so I'd rethink that statement a bit.
>> No. 18685
>>18684

But YAF had an ego bigger than Yukari's, Ran's and Yuyuko's boobs combined, Norseman's pretty humble
>> No. 18694
>>18684

I think he imploded because he stopped drinking.
>> No. 18695
>>18694

>Implying a person from shithole Poland or some other backwater country can stop drinking.
>> No. 18699
You know, Taisa and HY have probably wet dreams about arguments in their threads being like this one.
>> No. 18711
>>18699

But such debates are caused by feuding fans, but everyone here is all on board for at least a Alice route if not a MAlice one.
>> No. 18720
>Poland
>backwater
Heh

>>18711
After reading Forest LA... I'm not sure anymore.
>> No. 18722
>>18711

And do you know what's funny? We started the story aiming at Marisa.
>> No. 18724
>>18722
Speak for yourself.
>> No. 18725
>>18720

That's not canon Alice; Scorn was a twisted fellow with a unhealthy obsession with futa and scat. Not to mention these days, he's too lazy to even do stories about scat.

I'm sure Norseman will agree that his Alice is not a total whackjob.

>>18722
Perhaps so but things happen in stories that take everyone by surprise, that and at the very least we have MikoSpark's story for our Marisa fix.
>> No. 18729
>>18725
Hell, MiG started with 'Get lost in the magic forest to live with Alice'
>> No. 18731
Alice is a rather infamous figure on THP due to how flanderized she gets in some stories as well as the fact a bunch of alicefans invaded DoLF, and made an already bad situation even worse.

And with this and Mikospark's story, we can all rest easier once they end. Then someone can start on Wriggle and Mystia tales.
>> No. 18732
>>18731
Due to Kira and Scorn, Alice got really hated. Norseman showed her from a better side, more lovely and mature.
>> No. 18733
File 125617867741.png - (102.21KB, 350x352, a forlorn insect.png) [iqdb]
18733
>>18731
>Wriggle
Don't even fucking start: I'm still butthurt that she didn't get a route in THIS SHRINE.
>> No. 18735
>>18733
>I'm still butthurt that she didn't get a route in THIS SHRINE.

Sometimes i wonder if the whole story was just a wish fulfillment of him.
>> No. 18736
>>18735
Weren't all stories wish fulfilments though?
>> No. 18737
>>18736
Wouldn't that mean that we all here want to be in Gensokyo?
>> No. 18738
File 125620356563.jpg - (205.82KB, 514x720, 1256127687964.jpg) [iqdb]
18738
>>18733

>Wriggle
Why would we want a route with a little boy when little girls are running around?
>> No. 18739
>>18738
;..;

>>18737
I don't. Not without some kind of special skill.
Shit's dangerous man.
>> No. 18740
>>18738

Wriggle's a girl, jackass. A cute reverse trap girl.

I hope Norseman hurries up and updates.
>> No. 18741
File 125624061715.jpg - (137.35KB, 800x700, b512b84a850c728a034ab6c532c572f5.jpg) [iqdb]
18741
>>18738
With your man-eating mouth in the extermination times,
And your antenna like horns and your scent like thyme,
And your black cloak, and your voice like chimes,
Oh, who do they think could bury you?

With your carapace well protected at last,
And your firefly illusions which tempt like swamp gas,
And your throat like silk, and your tear-mottled face,
who could they get to carry you?

Sad-eyed Wriggle of the lowlands,
Where the sad-eyed miko says that no man comes,
My silvered knives, my Outsider's gun,
Should I leave them by your gate,
Or, sad-eyed Wriggle, should I wait?
>> No. 18742
>>18685

Well, I wouldn't call myself particularly humble, it's just that I don't feel like I have anything to prove.

>>18699

I like discussion in my threads, but I would agree that it can go a bit too far. But I can't recall any real bickering about pointless matters in my threads, so I don't have anything to complain about personally.

>>18731

I, for one, find it really strange that 95% of the times fanon Alice doesn't even resemble canon Alice. As I see it, reinterpretation of characters is fine, but turning them into one-dimensional archetypes is not.

>>18740

Update is still on its way. Again, I may be too critical of my own writing, but this in particular is an update I want to be satisfied with.

>>18741

Flickering flashes, steel-shine's sisters,
Glimpsed, greenwood's ghost-glow.

Hunter, hallowed High One's sport she seeks,
Sons of Rig spell-slain.

Thane, trusty Thor's thunder her follows,
Battle-born brave, ghost-light's giver.

Warrior, far-famed, furious blade-weaver
Worthy her name, Wriggle the Slayer.


You are now imagining Wriggle starring in an arbitrarily chosen Conan story. Is this awesome?
>> No. 18744
>>18735
You really have to wonder?

...You're joking, right?

>>18731
Is that you, Arrogant Sagefag?

>>18742
>Is this awesome?
You shouldn't have to ask.
>> No. 18753
File 125626611045.jpg - (182.62KB, 505x1000, gd2.jpg) [iqdb]
18753
>Is this awesome?
Y
>> No. 18855
All right Anon. I have written and rewritten this update nearly three times now, and I am at last starting to be satisfied with the result.

unfortunately exhaustion now suddenly strikes when I still have about a page left, so I must delay the update until tomorrow. Then it will be finished by hook or fucking crook, this I swear upon the bones of Ymir.
>> No. 18876
I can't belive this shit took this long to write. I am beginning to suspect that I'm too much of a perfectionist.

On the positive side, I have the rest of the week off, so I shall strive to produce daily updates until the day of Freyr.

---

[ ] Ask her to tell of her past and of her family.


What man would not seek to learn all of his lover's family? For often have men gone a-courting, only to find ill fortune and fierce feuds as his journey's harsh prize. And likewise, what of her past? Such knowledge is best in matters like these, if one day you shall call her your wife.

"This wish of mine would be to know of your past." You reply with a smile, "And of your kinsmen as well, for such wisdom is sorely sought when courting fair women of grace and beauty."

Alice blushes slightly at this praise, but otherwise she seems strangely calm. Perhaps not the reaction you had expected, for you still remember her heartfelt tale that night, though a haze shrouds your host of recollections. For less good than they say for the sons of men, is the drinking oft of ale, yet some memories there are that cannot be hidden even by shadowed veil.

"All right." She answers after a few moments. "I will tell you of my past, even if it isn't a story with a particularly happy end."

"Not all are," You gently answer her, for perhaps she would rather leave these memories alone? "And pain do some that end in ill fate demand from the teller of tales. If this is one, I shall not force you."

"It's all right," The dear dollmaker replies, "I have come to terms with my own fate a long time ago."

This she tells, but behind her conviction you can sense unease. She looks down for a moment, then speaks again, sadness colouring her voice.

"It's just that I've never... never told anyone before. In truth, I've never had anyone who I could tell." She then admits, though you can see this is hard for her. "So it might be selfish, but if you want to listen, I'd be happy to tell you everything."

She draws a deep breath and softly she starts spinning the words of her tale, though they surely sting her heart.

"I don't know where I was born, for my mother never told me. Nor do I know who was my father." She tells, her voice suddenly distant and soft, "But my mother was Shinki, the Goddess-Queen of Makai, the world of demons."

"I have never thought of myself that way, but I suppose that would make me a princess, wouldn't it?" Alice muses for a moment, a cunning smile on her lips. In truth this revelation takes you by surprise, for while you knew she was a sorceress of great power as well as a being of magic, you could not have suspected her to be a princess of a daemon-realm.

"A princess and a daughter of gods?" You ask, your confident and joyous grin hiding the shock echoing through your mind. For what man could hope for a princess for bride, or a daughter of gods for that matter? "This I can believe, for surely there are few even among the high ladies of Asgard that can match my love in grace and beauty."

"Stop that." Alice asks as her cheeks grow rosy red once again, though the smile on her lips grows wider. "Or are you seeking something other than a story? How deceitful of you."

"For his rudeness, this song-smith asks for your pardon, fair damsel." You answer, feeling your lips curling into a warm smile unbidden.

"I believe I can forgive you." She replies, a cunning smile on her lips. "In any case, I lived in Makai along with my mother and her servants." She furrows her brow slightly and continues speaking. "For some reason I remember very few details of our daily life, but I was very happy."

"I remember Yumeko, my mother's handmaid. And Yuki and Mai as well." Alice tells, her voice growing more animated by the moment as her memories manifest within her weave of words, and for a few minutes she reminisces about small memories from her childhood, small recollections of how she enjoyed when her mother read to her, of how she went on childish adventures with Yumeko and how the two witches of demon-realm had taught her the secrets of spellcraft, to her mother's great surprise.

"But all good things tend to come to an end, do they not?"She finally concludes, her voice growing melancholy.

"Likewise did the happiness of my childhood come to an end when a group of intruders entered Makai."

"Come to think of it, that was the first time I met Marisa." Alice says, a wistful expression on her features, one that swiftly fades and turns into an annoyed one. "She was one of the intruders, you see. I fought her back then, but I was defeated by that annoying girl."

"It's strange, don't you think? Shouldn't I hate her for that?" The dollmaker again muses, her expression sad, slightly pained even. "And yet we're friends."

"Aye, dear Alice, strange it is." You answer, for to questions as earnest as hers only truth should be offered. You note that Alice's expression shifts into one of slight surprise, revealing that she had not expected suxh an reply.

"Yet have not the eyes of Heimdall gazed down upon stranger things? If the wrong has been repaid, is it not for a man to deem whether a grudge shall be kept or not?" Your strong voice assures, for truth once again you tell her.

"I suppose it is." The dollmaker replies, her smile returning as she hears your reassurance.

"In any case there were three others as well, Reimu Hakurei the Shrine Maiden, Yuuka Kazami the Flower Youkai and an evil spirit known only as Mima. Apparently they arrived because some of my mother's subjects had traveled into Gensokyo."

The fair dollmaker then regales you with a tale of fierce battle, of how she, wounded and weary had seen her mother duel a dark spirit amidst the shattered stonework of demons' high hall. She had seen her mother fall then, though if wounded or dead she knew not.

"Though everything else is hazy in my memory, I remember that momentwith perfect clarity." Alice softly tells you, "It was the worst one in my life."

This your dear dollmaker confesses, shoulders trembling and tears welling up in her eyes. Yet just as you are about to follow the wishes of your heart and comfort her, you see the anger in her eyes, a fierce, cold fury that stops you in your tracks.

"And that is when I decided to defeat these intruders myself." She tells you, golden eyes glittering, voice as the clash of blades. "And so I went to my mother's library and used the last of my strength to unseal a nameless grimoire. I believe you have seen it"

"I remember little after this." She admits, her expression softening as she speaks, the grimness leaving her fair features at last. "There was only power, too much power. I can't tell what happened, or even why I know this, but I changed something that day. Something that should not have been possible to change."

"I also know I had my vengeance upon that spirit, but other than this, my actions have only brought bitterness to me." After this she falls silent, lowering her head slightly, but if it is from shame or exhaustion you cannot say.

For this you cannot fault her, for you know her feelings, you know why she sought her vengeance, and for the worthiest of causes. How then could you, whose cause for vengeance pales in comparison with your dear Alice's find fault with her conduct?

Instead you take a step forward and lightly lay your hand upon her shoulder.

"Fair Alice, I tell you this not as a man who lives you, but as a warrior of northern realms, of one who knows the ways of honour." You tell her, for unseemly would it be to sully her honour with subjective emotion.

"Ever, if wronged, shall the worthy warrior's honour demand vengenace, but greater by far is the call of blood-bond. No man or woman who holds honour in the eyes of men and gods would leave a mother unavenged, no matter the price." You say, this truth, so self-evident, filling your voice with conviction.

"You... don't think that I was wrong?" Alice asks of you, her voice slightly incredulous as she lifts her head again looks at you.

"No, my fair, you were not. Greatest of bonds is the one between kin, no other path did you have." You answer her, meeting the gaze of her deep, blue eyes. For a moment she stands still, then the tears begin flowing from her eyes and she embraces you warmly.

"Thank you Sigurd. I... don't know if I can agree with you, but thank you for understanding." She tells you, bearking her embrace and wiping her tears away from her cheeks. She smiles once again, her radiant countenance lighting up both your soul and your spirit.

"Well then," She wonders, "I've told about myself, but what about you? Would you tell me of your past and your family?"

This request in one you are glad to grant, for though you are no son of a god or demon, you still know that you have no shame when your line is spoken of, for...

Vote 1 (pick one):

[ ] You are of a long line of heroes, of Völsung's famed clan.
[ ] Your line is one shared with kings, of Sköldung's seed sprung.
[ ] Though not famed, your father was a man both good and brave.

Vote 2 (pick one):

[ ] Next, ask her...
- [ ] About her ambitions in life, what she strives for.
- [ ] What she usually does, how she spends her time.
- [ ] Something else? (Specify)
[ ] Perhaps you should check back on the others?

---

For clarification, vote 1 is your immediate reply, and vote 2 is what you'll do after your own explanation.
>> No. 18878
[x] Your line is one shared with kings, of Sköldung's seed sprung.

[x] Next, ask her...
-[x] About her ambitions in life, what she strives for.
>> No. 18879
[x] Your line is one shared with kings, of Sköldung's seed sprung.
[x] Next, ask her...
-[x] About her ambitions in life, what she strives for.
>> No. 18881
[x] Your line is one shared with kings, of Sköldung's seed sprung.

[x] Next, ask her...
-[x] About her ambitions in life, what she strives for.
>> No. 18884
[x] Your line is one shared with kings, of Sköldung's seed sprung.

[x] Next, ask her...
-[x] About her ambitions in life, what she strives for.
>> No. 18886
[0] Your line is one shared with kings, of Sköldung's seed sprung.

[1] Next, ask her...
-[2] About her ambitions in life, what she strives for.
>> No. 18887
[x] Your line is one shared with kings, of Sköldung's seed sprung.
- [x] About her ambitions in life, what she strives for.
>> No. 18894
[x] Your line is one shared with kings, of Sköldung's seed sprung.
[x] Next, ask her...
-[x] About her ambitions in life, what she strives for.

I think we'll find out about her day to day life eventfully if we don't get a chance to later.
>> No. 18899
>daily updates
hooray!

[x] Your line is one shared with kings, of Sköldung's seed sprung.

[x] Next, ask her...
-[x] About her ambitions in life, what she strives for.
>> No. 18903
[x] Though not famed, your father was a man both good and brave.

[x] Next, ask her...
- [x] About her ambitions in life, what she strives for.

>[ ] Perhaps you should check back on the others?
Yes. Yes, we fucking should. But I already knew that wasn't going to happen.
God damn you, lovely Alice.

>>18876
>"I also know I had my vengeance upon that spirit,
A surprisingly brief, yet rather plausible reason for Mima not being around.
>> No. 18905
All right, calling the vote and commencing writing.
>> No. 18906
I'm calling the vote and commencing writing. Should be finished later today.
>> No. 18910
File 12567539238.png - (223.41KB, 600x600, 121855525025.png) [iqdb]
18910
I was re-reading the old threads and I found out something interesting. No option with 'Shanghai' on it lost
If Shanghai were an option, I'm sure that we'd be planning the marriage by now.

While we wait, a question for you anon: puppet of puppeteer?
>> No. 18912
>>18903

We'll check on the others next, though Marisa will most likely tease us about being lovebirds or some nonsense.
>> No. 18914
>>18910
Both.
>> No. 18916
>>18910

Well, when we're on the subject of old threads, there is >>7075

Perhaps it should be taken into consideration?

Hell, perhaps I should rename the entire story Shanghailand Saga and be done with it?

---

[ ] Your line is one shared with kings, of Sköldung's seed sprung.

[ ] Next, ask her...
-[ ] About her ambitions in life, what she strives for.


"This I shall, for though less glorious than your heritage, this song-smith still springs from the seed of the Sköldungar, the line of kings of old." You answer her, pride entering your voice, for what man would not wish to count old Sköld, that honoured high-king, among his ancestors?

"Oh my?" Alice answers you with a question, her smile suddenly playful. "A true prince come to sweep all ladies off their feet with your dashing charm?"

"Nay, my fair," You answer, replying to her smile with one of your own. "For though noble, no royal line was my father's."

You pause for a moment, meeting her gaze, and somehow managing to keep in check the wide grin that wishes to reveal itself. "Thus only a man of lesser lineage stands here to court all lovely ladies in his path."

For a moment a slightly surprised look flashes over Alice's fair features, in the next she is laughing merrily at your words. In this you join her, sharing a moment of mirth with the dear dollmaker.

"Well said." She answers you, an enigmatic smile on her lips, "I would expect no less of the man I love."

"Still, perhaps I should let you finish your tale?" She then muses, "It surely is an interesting one, is it not?"

"That it is." You reply with confident voice, "For much have I done in my days that is worth to remember."

Thus you draw a deep breath, as your mind begins the work of the skald.

"My father was named Thorgrim, son of Harald Trollkin who was famed as shieldbearer to king Angantyr..." You begin your tale, naming father and grandfather as custom bids, yet after this you halt yourself, for seldom do the men of southern lands fully understand the importance of knowing a man's blood-ties. Reasoning that this eastern land should be no different, you skip over the rest of your geneaology and instead recall your youth and the daring deeds you have performed.

"Aye, it was when I had seen fourteen winters that I first set out with Björn the swede to sail the rivers of Gårdarike, those eastern streams of fame." You continue, telling of your youthful travels to great Miklagård and how you roamed the lands of the greeks for many a winter, how you served the emperor of the great city and of the adventures your wanderlust led you, to the shining cities of Särkland and the realms of strange men who seemed to live on the backs of their horses.

This was your life until the fateful day in one of the towns of Gårdarike when you met prince Eirik and joined him for a year in roving along the coasts of Angles and Scots. And further do you weave your tale's tapestry, speaking of how, when returned to the hall of king Harald of Norway, the prince showered you with gifts and praise, making you his poet and champion both.

"Thus I was made skald at king Harald's court, given seat at the prince's right hand. There we were to spend the winter, yet as you well know the dark daemon of borders snatched away this song-smith when winter's grip had barely started." You finish this story, suddenly feeling dry in your mouth. For how long did you talk anyway?

In any case, your dear Alice seems quite taken by this tale. "A fascinating story." She admits, her voice even sounding slightly impressed. "Is all of it true, though?"

"As true as any tale can be." You reply with a smile, "For ever is is the right of the skald to make his tale into one of interest to those who listen."

"But all that I have told you of has happened, this I swear upon my name and honour." You then tell, voice now more solemn and calm. Alice nods in reply, apparently accepting your assurances.

Silence then reigns for a few moments until you remember that it is your turn to ask questions now. An opportunity that should not be wasted.

"Then I would ask another thing of you, fair Alice." You tell her, for though you know her heart, you would also know her mind, her ambition and her wishes. "Would you tell me what you strive for in life?"

"Oh? I would suppose that it is the pursuit of magic and knowledge that drives me." She replies, though you do detect a slight hesitation in her words.

"Yes, one of my main projects is to create a doll with true life and sentience." Alice tells you, excitement and confidence now entering her voice. "Wouldn't that be glorious? To actually create something truly living?"

"Perhaps so." You admit, for this feat does sound impressive. "As one-eyed Odin breathed life into the first man and woman, you would seek to waken life within unliving. Surely a task worthy of the daughter of gods."

"You say that your gods made men and women?" Alice wonders in reply, your words of praise apparently falling on deaf ears right now.

"It was from the ash that man was shaped, spirit gave Odin, sense gave Vili, Ve gave blood and goodly hue." You answer her, slightly mystified by her interest in this tale. Though perhaps she is simply seeking knowledge that could help her closer to her goal.

"Interesting indeed." The dollmaker answers, a thoughtful look upon her features. For a moment she seems to ponder something, then she turns back to you in a hurry.

"Ah, I'm sorry. I sometimes am too absorbed in my work" She admits, her cheeks now blushing slightly as she apologizes to you.

You smile back in reply, assuring her that it is all right. Yet even so, you feel something is strange. Has she truly no other interest than searching for more magic? Though you know of many men who have dedicated their lives to seeking wealth or glory, they still had something else that they sought.

But on the other hand, your love is a sorceress of power and puissance. Who knows what ambitions one might have when such power is at disposal. Perhaps it would even be dangrerous to pry too far into the affairs of wizards, though you could not imagine that your dear Alice would grow angered by such an inquiry.

"What is it Sigurd?" Alice asks of you, a slightly worried look on her fair features, "You look worried."


[ ] Ask Alice if she has another goal in her life, for strange would it be otherwise.
[ ] Surely she would have mentioned it if there was anything important, and long have you lingered already. You should rejoin the others.
[ ] Shanghai
>> No. 18917
[x] Ask Alice if she has another goal in her life, for strange would it be otherwise.
[x] Shanghai
>> No. 18918
[x] Ask Alice if she has another goal in her life, for strange would it be otherwise.
[x] Shanghai
>> No. 18919
[x] Ask Alice if she has another goal in her life, for strange would it be otherwise.
[x] Shanghai

Wasn't there supposed to be a Shanghai/Hourai route?
>> No. 18920
[x] Surely she would have mentioned it if there was anything important, and long have you lingered already. You should rejoin the others.

I think we should check since we do have the future to find out more stuff.

And I like the Alice route we're on. Sigurd IS NOT Shirou.

Shanghai and Hourai if anything are the little sister figures in this tale.
>> No. 18929
[x] Surely she would have mentioned it if there was anything important, and long have you lingered already. You should rejoin the others.
[x] Shanghai

Worried about unhappy Marisa.
>> No. 18930
[x] Ask Alice if she has another goal in her life, for strange would it be otherwise.
[x] Shanghai
>> No. 18931
[x] Ask Alice if she has another goal in her life, for strange would it be otherwise.
[x] Shanghai
>> No. 18932
[X] Shanghai
>> No. 18946
Calling the vote for further questions. Also Shanghai
>> No. 18952
File 125685673665.jpg - (194.10KB, 1024x768, shanghai1.jpg) [iqdb]
18952
Informing that writing will be delayed until tomorrow due to tired writefag.

Have Shanghai as compensation while you wait warmly.
>> No. 18953
File 125685841318.jpg - (367.03KB, 962x700, 43a0059d1d0e42aff5c753c9c6bf70cd.jpg) [iqdb]
18953
>>18952
Your compensation has been approved.
Waiting warmly.
>> No. 18955
I'm going to be pissed if this somehow ends up hijacked to a doll route after starting what appears to be a very nice Alice route.
>> No. 18983
>>18955
Why can't we have both, thought? Surely it should be possible.
>> No. 18984
>>18983

No problems with that, though I'd prefer a Malice w/ the two doll sisters Route (We should really check back with those two sometime, since at this rate Maria will go poking around)
>> No. 18994
>>18955

Doll route will by default be a complement to the Alice route, so you don't have to fear.


As for updates, I went out today with friends, intending to get as drunk as drunk can be. I succeeded.

Therefore, no update today. Next update will be tomorrow or on Sol's day.
>> No. 19077
Hello gentlemen.

I wish to inform that I'm still writing, though the progress is slow. There are certain things that I want to work into this update (or rather need to work into this update), but the best way to do so still eludes me.

In any case, I'm not lazing off completely. That's something at least.
>> No. 19125
>>19077
Quit your stalling tactics. We demand updates.
>> No. 19136
>>19125

Well, to be honest, I'm drunk again. Does this count as stalling tactics?
>> No. 19137
>>19136

You can get drunk when you're dead in Vahalla.
>> No. 19138
>>19136
Unless you dedicate a toast to us, yes.
>> No. 19182
File 125754741288.jpg - (135.11KB, 678x959, alice31.jpg) [iqdb]
19182
>>19137

Why wait?


Anyway, I'm honestly sorry that this took so long. As usual, it shouldn't have.

And now for the bad news. Unfortunately I won't be able to update for about a week as I will perticipate in a military reserve exercise. On the positive side, glorious combat makes Odin happy, so maybe I'll be blessed with inspiration?

---

[ ] Ask Alice if she has another goal in her life, for strange would it be otherwise.
[ ] Shanghai


Worried? Perhaps you are, for the more you ponder this matter, the more do you suspect that something still lingers behind her words. It doesn't seem right, doesn't seem like her to settle for such a goal alone.

"Is there not anything else?" You ask of her, trying to keep your concerns from colouring your voice. "For though not unknown, it still is strange to meet one who has only a single ambition."

Fair Alice does not answer immediately, pondering the question for a few, long moments, her expression suddenly uncertain.

"Perhaps it's strange, but I suppose I haven't." She finally concludes, though the same, slight hesitation is there, that little hint which makes you suspect that she is keeping something back. Though curious, you decide te respect her privacy, for even if your concerns are true, she surely would not seek to keep something hidden without cause.

But even if you have decided thus, it seems that another would disagree, for little Shanghai suddenly floats down from behind the dollmaker's shoulder, positioning herself in front of her mistress.

"Shanghai? What is it?" Alice wonders as the little doll watches her with a sad expression. The puppet stares at her for a few seconds until her mistress seems to realize something. What it is you do not know, but it evokes an unexpected and powerful reaction from the dollmaker.

"I should tell?" She incredulously asks her doll, the little one nodding encouragement in reply. For another moment, Alice remains silent and confused, until she seems to get hold of herself.

"Thank you Shanghai." The dollmaker whispers, hugging her dear puppet tightly, a few tears rolling down her cheeks, little Shanghai returning the embrace as well as she can, snuggling closer to her mistress. Finally Alice turns her eyes back to you, smiling weakly.

"Forgive me, Sigurd, I haven't been honest with you or myself." She tells you, voice wavering slightly. "There is something else, I have just been too afraid to admit it."

Again she pauses for a moment, searching for words that won't come. For a second she seems nearly pained by the words she is about to utter, but that second her will easily conquers, and your dear Alice speaks at last.

"Have you ever been alone? Truly alone with no one you could turn to?" She asks of you, the words tumbling out like a waterfall's swift stream, her usual calm shattered by emotion's demands.

"I have." Alice continues, not even pausing to await your answer. "It begun after I had defeated the dark spirit. As I told earlier, I followed the other intruders back to Gensokyo, though they had sealed the path with powerful spells. And afterwards I found myself trapped. Alone."

"Before I had people I loved and who loved me all around me, I had my mother and all the people of Makai." She now tells you, her expression grim, a hint of anger evident in her voice. "In Gensokyo I found out that I was someone who was apart from all others. I was Youkai, inhuman and lonely, it was something new, and something I did not enjoy."

"I told you that I've accepted my fate, didn't I?" She asks of you after a moment's pause, smiling without joy, fierce, powerful, as stormwracked sea shaped into a young woman's form. "Doesn't that seem foolish to you? To simply accept that which you hate without struggle? It is, isn't it?"

"Shouldn't I fight against my fate?" Your love asks of you, now demanding an answer true. "Why should I continue to fear what I want just because I might fail in getting it?"

You meet her gaze once again, and you keep it locked with yours. Again you marvel at the power contained within her seemingly frail form, at the sheer strength she shows and at the inhuman beauty she now shows you. Surely a daughter of gods, and never before has she been so radiant in your eyes.

"If ill fate can be changed, no man can know." You tell her, your voice steady as the mightiest mountain. "Urd's hand rules all, it is said, but no reason is this to cease striving, no good shall come without sweat and struggle."

She watches you with eyes you have seldom seen, the gaze of warriors who set out to stake life and honour on swordarm's strength. There is a grace about her once again, though different, as if something has changed slightly. Sweetly she smiles at you, and speaks.

"I want to meet my mother again." She tells you, her voice soft, singing with same sharpness as a swooping steel-shard. "No, I will meet my mother again, this I swear. One day I will meet her and all others I left behind."

"I shall be with you." You reply, for in truth you have no choice in this matter.

"Oh? Do you think that I need your help?" She playfully wonders, her smile widening slightly. "Am I not up to the task after all?"

"Nay, fair maiden, for another goal does my journey have." You reply, smiling back at her. "Your mother is there, this you said, thus this song-smith must meet daemonrealm's queen."

"How else," You wonder, your gaze meeting hers, "Could I ask for her daughter's hand?"

To this Alice seems to have no reply. She simply takes a step forward, floats up so her face is level with yours and happily embraces you.

"Thank you Sigurd, I feel much better now that I've told someone all this." Alice whispers into your ear, her lips lightly brushing your neck.

"Yes, I feel complete. I feel happy." She concludes, then kisses you again, this time locking her lips to yours.

A few moments of warmth and satisfaction pass, then the voice of the black-white witch suddenly calls out from somewhere outside the door.

"Hey, hey -ze!" The familiar voice tells accompanied by the sound of the forest witch's footsteps. "Alice, y'have a guest."

"Well, well." The dollmaker says, an ironic smile on her face. "Another wasted opportunity, don't you agree?"

---

Were this back in your homeland, this young woman would draw looks aplenty, and not only for her strange garb and green hair. You watch her over the shoulder of Alice as the green-haired girl explains that she wishes to speak privately with you of all people. The dollmaker obliges without comment, though you can feel her eyes as well as the gaze of the forest witch following you as you move to oblige this request.

You step out through the door, confronting the green-haired maiden face to face, though the expression seems poor considering the way you tower above the girl. A maiden of power, you deem her, for you can sense something familiar from her, something that reminds you of the times you have felt the touch of Asgard's gods.

"Good day, honoured prophet." She politely greets you accompanied by a deep bow. "I am Kochiya Sanae, servant of the honoured Lady Yasaka, goddess of wind and rain. May I ask who I speak to?"

"Sigurd Thorgrimson, servant of Allfather Odin, the high lord of Asgard." You reply, keeping your voice formal for this greeting. The green-haired maiden seems slightly taken aback by your words, or perhaps shocked youd be a better word, for the name of Odin seems to have affected her more than you could suspect. Strange.

"You recognize his name, Wind-Maiden?" You ask, for so far few have seemed to know the Allfather's name, yet this girl clearly does. Why is this, you wonder?

"Yes." She admits as she slowly regains her composure. "Though he is a foreign god, your lord is quite famous."

"Be as it may, this is not the reason I have come here." Sanae quickly continues, again bowing to you.

"Honoured prophet, my Lady has seen fit to send me to deliver a message to the unknown god whose divine essence she sensed in this place. Though I no longer sense that particular essence myself, your own spirit it sufficient to mark you as a servant of the divine, therefore I would entrust this message to you." She explains, drawing a scroll out from her robes and holding it out to you.

"Would you accept this task, honoured prophet?"


[ ] Agree to deliver the message
- You should find the Son of Laufey as soon as possible and deliver this document to him.
- Would it not be wise to read this letter before you deliver it?
- Call to the gods for guidance

[ ] You are no errand boy. Refuse her.
- Tell her of Laufey's son so she can deliver the message herself.
- Do not tell her of Loki. The fewer that know, the better.
>> No. 19186
>>19182
[X] Agree to deliver the message with a few conditions:
-[X] You will read this letter before delivering it.
-[X] You will know the sender's name, and her associates (Marisa and Alice can explain further if needed)
-[X] Based on the sender and the content, you will decide to deliver it right now, later or never.
-[X]'The trickster is a powerful god, but like most of them, it finds influencing directly into earthly affairs a difficult task. Since it seems that I'm his 'High priest'(heh) and therefore his connection to this realm, I reserve the right to not show it to him if I consider that will be detrimental to me, my friends (Youki in particular) or to the peace of this realm'

Loki isn't a bad person (God) per se, but he usually puts his goals over other people's affairs.
Regarding Kanako, I can't really trust her. She was the reason of the SA incident after all.
>> No. 19192
[x] Inquire about Her gods and what they are like.
[x] Agree to deliver the message
- You should find the Son of Laufey as soon as possible and deliver this document to him.

There's no shame in learning about new gods.

Though Kanako was just trying to help the Kappa, though the stunt did not go over too well with Yukari.

But her attempt kinda backfired due to how simpleminded Okuu was.
>> No. 19198
[x] Inquire about her gods.
[x] Agree to deliver the message
- You should find the Son of Laufey as soon as possible and deliver this document to him.
- Tell her of Laufey's son.

Vote subject to change.
>> No. 19206
[0] Agree to deliver the message with a few conditions:
-[1] You will read this letter before delivering it.
-[2] You will know the sender's name, and her associates (Marisa and Alice can explain further if needed)
-[3] Based on the sender and the content, you will decide to deliver it right now, later or never.
-[4]'The trickster is a powerful god, but like most of them, it finds influencing directly into earthly affairs a difficult task. Since it seems that I'm his 'High priest'(heh) and therefore his connection to this realm, I reserve the right to not show it to him if I consider that will be detrimental to me, my friends (Youki in particular) or to the peace of this realm'
>> No. 19212
[X] Agree to deliver the message with a few conditions:
-[X] You will read this letter before delivering it.
-[X] You will know the sender's name, and her associates (Marisa and Alice can explain further if needed)
-[X] Based on the sender and the content, you will decide to deliver it right now, later or never.
-[X]'The trickster is a powerful god, but like most of them, it finds influencing directly into earthly affairs a difficult task. Since it seems that I'm his 'High priest'(heh) and therefore his connection to this realm, I reserve the right to not show it to him if I consider that will be detrimental to me, my friends (Youki in particular) or to the peace of this realm'

Whatever
>> No. 19214
[X] Agree to deliver the message with a few conditions:
-[X] You will read this letter before delivering it.
-[X] You will know the sender's name, and her associates (Marisa and Alice can explain further if needed)
-[X] Based on the sender and the content, you will decide to deliver it right now, later or never.
-[X]'The trickster is a powerful god, but like most of them, it finds influencing directly into earthly affairs a difficult task. Since it seems that I'm his 'High priest'(heh) and therefore his connection to this realm, I reserve the right to not show it to him if I consider that will be detrimental to me, my friends (Youki in particular) or to the peace of this realm'
>> No. 19283
Updates?
>> No. 19284
[x] Agree to deliver the message with a few conditions:
-[x] You will read this letter before delivering it.
-[x] You will know the sender's name, and her associates (Marisa and Alice can explain further if needed)
-[x] Based on the sender and the content, you will decide to deliver it right now, later or never.
-[x]'The trickster is a powerful god, but like most of them, it finds influencing directly into earthly affairs a difficult task. Since it seems that I'm his 'High priest'(heh) and therefore his connection to this realm, I reserve the right to not show it to him if I consider that will be detrimental to me, my friends (Youki in particular) or to the peace of this realm'
>> No. 19304
File 125809215420.jpg - (409.08KB, 750x1000, 1c869dfb23cf6a275e9a49463d25442c.jpg) [iqdb]
19304
>>19283
Sigurd is enjoying some quality time with Alice.
>> No. 19307
File 125809632081.jpg - (310.77KB, 700x700, 61d73a54b4967fc3d1e65fef1657b7e3.jpg) [iqdb]
19307
Ignore Alice and Marisa and just concentrate on the left.
>> No. 19308
>>19307

Shirou strikes again.

I'm sure he's attending to real life matters at least tonight and then perhaps he'd resume writing.
>> No. 19321
>>19304

She looks like she is developing a penis from below her bellybutton.
>> No. 19322
File 125814036777.jpg - (692.74KB, 904x1000, 125675436951.jpg) [iqdb]
19322
>> No. 19323
>>19322

Looks more like Yukari than Shanghai or Hourai.
>> No. 19324
File 12581450075.jpg - (212.36KB, 921x691, 0dbe80368656d53efc8310390f9c55e0.jpg) [iqdb]
19324
>>19323
And this one?
>> No. 19326
File 125814739875.jpg - (114.56KB, 850x1098, Cutealice.jpg) [iqdb]
19326
>>19322

Definitely Yukarin (the purple eyes and figure give it way)

>>19324
Looks more like one of the dolls.

Here's a pic of the proper target at least.
>> No. 19347
>>19308

This Anonymous employs the art of deduction well.


Anyway, I'm calling the vote and commencing the process of writing.
>> No. 19447
>>19347

Are you still there?
>> No. 19449
I'm here and working, but constrained by a terrible writer's block. Additionally nothing I write right now seems to rise above the level of complete and utter shit.

So yeah, it's not going too well right now.
>> No. 19452
File 125866369834.jpg - (67.67KB, 600x800, 3c521bfd296ca9e59c800edb2b7246dc.jpg) [iqdb]
19452
>>19449
Hang in there, Norseman.
>> No. 19626
File 125936651113.jpg - (143.65KB, 850x600, sanae.jpg) [iqdb]
19626
Goddammit, at last this shit's finished. I'll try to make up for my tardiness during the weekend as I've got nothing better to do anyway.

Anyway, here goes.

---

[ ] Agree to deliver the message with a few conditions:
-[ ] You will read this letter before delivering it.
-[ ] You will know the sender's name, and her associates (Marisa and Alice can explain further if needed)
-[ ] Based on the sender and the content, you will decide to deliver it right now, later or never.
-[ ]'The trickster is a powerful god, but like most of them, it finds influencing directly into earthly affairs a difficult task. Since it seems that I'm his 'High priest'(heh) and therefore his connection to this realm, I reserve the right to not show it to him if I consider that will be detrimental to me, my friends (Youki in particular) or to the peace of this realm'


You watch the green-haired girl for a moment, seeking for signs that this request is some sort of jest, for strange it is if a son of the north now shall be turned into an errand boy. But she seems serious, even expecting you to agree to this task without objection, so you deem it.

Another strange custom of this realm, perhaps? If so, she shall be taught that there are other paths than those trod by the people of this eastern wonderland, for the honour held in your heart is not one to accept servitude without consent or obligation on your part. Yet even so it would be truly unwise to remain ignorant of the contents of this message, to let the priestess of wind carry it to Laufey's Son and force you to second-guess the intentions of two gods instead of one.

"Aye then, Sanae Sky-Maiden, I shall take this task upon myself," You reply, for despite your prickled pride this knowledge must be yours. The green-haired priestess seems pleased by your answer, handing her scroll to you.

Holding it in your hand you take a few moments to inspect it and find that it is made of paper, though thicker than the sheets you have seen before, and sealed with red wax, the symbol in the sigil one unfamiliar to you. Perhaps it is a picture of waves, or maybe it is supposed to portray the wind, you know not.

"Yet every wise man, one who is well-versed with wily wits, would fain find what he has to deliver, would he not?" You ask of the Wind-Maiden after your quick inspection of the scroll.

"Yes, honoured prophet." The green-haired girl answers, and after a moment of hesitation she speaks again, her tone low, almost conspiratory, as if revealing some embarrassing secret. "To be honest I would like to know the contents of the letter myself, but the honoured Lady Yasaka did not see fit to share them with me."

"Perhaps you shall, noble priestess of winds, for to know what is written within is one of conditions I shall set." You reply, keeping your voice calm, even though you tinge it with a hint of iron.

"What do you mean?" The Wind-Maiden wonders, her voice now slightly confused. Apparently she had not expected such an reply.

"Not for the sons of the north is blind obedience. I shall pass on this letter when I see fit to do so, after I have read it myself." You answer her, meeting her gaze with your own, seeing her eyes narrow as she hears your words.

"You would read Lady Yasaka's letter?" She asks, her voice and expression revealing complete bafflement. It only lasts for a moment, for as with most of the sorceresses of this realm, anger swiftly follows confusion.

"I have never heard such rudeness." Green-haired Sanae growls at you, indignation evident in every fiber of her being, aye, she even manages to look slightly intimidating despite her small frame. She has power, this you can see.

"For politeness there is often a place, Sanae Wind-Maiden, for often does discourtesy bring scathing strife. Yet counted among virtues prudence is greater, and so I will deliver no message unless I deem it wise to trust both its sender and the one who shall it recieve." You reply, meeting her angry gaze with steely eyes, your voice one that brooks no argument, for if she will not agree to these demands she must know that you will not back down either.

"Don't you trust your own god and master?" She incredulously wonders, anger fading slightly, and disbelief now etched into her expression.

"Allfather Odin is my lord, and High One's servant in this song-smith" You diplomatically reply, placing your words with care, for you have no wish to antagonize the green-haired priestess. "Yet the god whose might your lady felt was not Asgard's ruler."

"Who is it, then?" The green-haired girl wonders, her eyes narrowing slightly, her mind obviously trying to puzzle out the identity of the one you have hinted at. How ironic, you deem it, for you to be forced to obscure the name of the trickster god himself.

"Tell this truth, name the nameless would I, yet can this song-smith trust the maiden of wind, she who would know?" You reply, for though your heart tells you this girl is trustworthy, caution still restrains you. Tell her you must, sooner or later, but before that you need to know whether her mistress can be trusted.

"Honour, O Wind-Maiden binds both men and gods, and by word, by debt and by trust that has been given, I would never bring harm or grief to those who I count as fair friends. If you understand this, noble Sanae, then know that this warrior can deliver no message without knowing well what fate it will bring."

"I do understand." Sanae answers, now regarding you with faint curiosity in her eyes.

"Then tell, so that this song-smith can know and trust." You ask of her, your voice firm yet polite. "Tell of your gods, tell of your Lady, the honoured Yasaka Kanako, and of those who would call themselves her honoured friends and thanes, for before a man can trust, he must know."

The Wind-Maiden looks uncomfortable for a moment, she bites her lip as she ponders whether to agree to your request, but finally she relents, perhaps out of personal curiosity, perhaps out of sense of duty to ensure that this message of hers is delivered.

She then spends quite some time telling of her lady, a powerful deity who rules over the rain and winds, a deity who came to this sheltered realm in search for faith to sustain her strength and glory. Along came a goddess of the earth and the mountains, one who claims dominion over Ymir's bones themselves, strange as this might sound.

Her words are full of praise, as one could expect from a priestess so devout. Yet among her eager explanations one fact still shines through as clear as Sól's gaze itself, the ambition and pride of this goddess who is named Yasaka.

Twice has she tried to steer this realm's future where she willed, and though twice thwarted, you can still sense that the goddess of wind still seeks to shape this realm to her liking.

But even as you harbour doubts about the motives of the wind goddess, this only makes it more important for you to know what she wills. And despite the ambitions of her mistress, you feel that the maiden of winds is one you can trust more than most strangers. Ill would it be to leave the trust she has shown you without reward.

"True-spoken words ever bring honour to one who utters, O worthy Wind-Maiden. Secrets should not be shared lightly, not part from one's thought-hoard without cause when wit's fruits could ill fate bring, aye only when bound by honour or when gifted with greater prize should one bear this cost." You tell her, this wisdom that Odin uttered in days of yore.

"And now this song-smith is obliged to repay truth with truth." You continue, though you suspect that this truth may be an unpleasant one for the Wind-Maiden. "And then you shall know the cause for his actions, for the god of frost-filled north your lady's words were sent to is not one to be trusted, not one who wise men turn to lightly."

"I know not if you have heard of him, Wind-Maiden, but he is the blood brother of Allfather Odin, one as far-famed as Asgard's Lord." You calmly tell her, watching her expression change from slight confusion to sudden worry.

"Listen, O noble priestess, for he is Loki Laufey's Son, Loki Trickster God, and Loki Liesmith. Counted they are, these three, among his famed names."

Colour flees from the Wind-Maiden's face as she hears your words, as the reality of the situation dawns on her. Obviously the trickster of Asgard is well known even in this eastern land.

"I understand." She replies, her voice suddenly very soft, perhaps even slightly afraid though she hides it well.

"Lord Sigurd, I thank you for this warning, and I am honoured for the trust you have given me."

"Aye, and I thank you for yours." You reply, offering your hand to the Wind-Maiden. She extends her own, and you clasp her wrist in a warrior's greeting.

"Sanae Wind-Maiden, I ask of you to entrust this task to this song-smith. Wily is the trickster, and great harm has he been known to cause when those unfamiliar with his ways seek to deal with Loki Sky-Walker."

"I will trust you to do what is best." She replies with a slight bow. Then she releases her grip and takes a step back

"In light of this knowledge I shall ask my lady to reconsider, but I fear she will not listen." Sanae then tells you, a soft sigh escaping her lips, her look almost apologetic. "Forgive me, but I must leave immediately."

"May fair fortune follow you wherever you go." You call out as she soars into the sky. Sanae waves to you in reply, then speeds off over the treetops.

Again this realm of Gensokyo has managed to make your life more interesting. Your turn your attention back to the scroll in your hand, for after all you seem to have achieved that what you wished to.

The seal on the letter easily breaks in your hands, and you unfurl the scroll and take a quick look as the strange, elegant runes written on the paper, the script completely unfamiliar to you. But strangely enough, the complex runes suddenly shift on the paper, as if the ink itself suddenly flowed into new forms, yet you can notice no movement.

After this mildly disorienting exprerience, you see only the familiar runes of the north on the paper, though still they seem elaborate somehow. Ignoring this strange sorcery you begin to read the letter penned by the wind goddess.

---

"We who address Your Excellency bear the honoured name Yasaka Kanako, We are the lady of the sacred wind and mistress of the holy rain. You who are of the divine, know that We hold the virtue and dominion in this realm and know that We welcome all who would appear before Us seeking Our protection and friendship.

We, in our mercy would wish, in Our capacity as Lady and Mistress of all divinity in Gensokyo, to invite Your Excellency to meet Us at the foot of the sacred mountain and to tie the bonds of friendship between Your Excellency and Our Majesty.

So do We declare in Our immortal wisdom, We who are the High Lady of Youkai Mountain, Yasaka Kanako."

---

With a slightly disbelieving expression you roll the scroll together again. If there still was any doubt about the matter you deem it swept away, for the goddess of wind and rain truly does seem to have a high opinion of herself.

"Wow, that's some arrogance alright -ze." A voice comments from behind you. Turning your head you see that the black-white witch somehow has managed to sneak up on you, and is not hovering slightly behind your shoulder.

"Arrogance indeed, O witch of wildling wood." You reply with a small smile, the irony of her comment not lost on you. "And ponder well must we whether twin fames of arrogance divine would wreak worse havoc than a single pyre of that selfsame stuff."

"I would suspect that nothing good will come out of those two cooperating." Alice's voice states from behind your other shoulder. "And I don't know if it would be much better if their meeting ended up in a fight."

"Shall this song-smith now have twin wizards perched upon his shoulders?" You wonder, a wry smile suddenly upon your lips. "Shall ravens wholly unlike black Hugin and dark Munin now be mine?"

"Heh, ya got some guts to compare the great Marisa to some stuffy bird -ze." The forest witch replies, leaning forward with a wide grin plastered on her face. "But I'll forgive you, 'cause I'm awesome like that."

"Anyway, I say go for it. If there's two people who deserve each other, it sure is Kanako and Loki." Marisa continues, her grin somehow widening even further as she apprarently imagines the consequences of such an meeting.

"That would be interesting, wouldn't it?" Alice's amused voice muses in your ear. "Though it would be unfair to poor Sanae. Sometimes I wonder how she manages."

"Perhaps so," You answer the two magicians, "But we shall see when we next meet the trickster which course will prove the best."

"In any case we lose little by speaking with him as soon as possible." Alice answers, you "However, if we wait there is no telling what he might do."

"Y'know, normally I'd be all for findin' that guy and punchin' him in the snout, but I dunno if we have the time." Marisa suddenly objects. "See, if Sanae found her way here where Loki was I'll betcha Reimu won't have problems to do it either, an' if we just sit around tryin' to contact fire boy she'll have plenty of time to get here an' rip us a new one. An' I still think we'd be better off tryin' to convince her that all this ain't our fault than tryin' to fight her -ze."

"So I say we take a trip to the village. Even Reimu won't start shootin' stuff up in there -ze." Marisa finally concludes. "Of course, if she still wants a fight we'll hafta kick her ass, but better there than here, y'know -ze."

"That is a surprisingly sensible suggestion coming from a hothead like you." Alice replies, a hint of genuine surprise in her voice.

"Heh, I woudn't be the greatest magician if I weren't the smartest gal around -ze." Marisa answers the dollmaker, an impish smile on her features. "So Sigurd, what'cha say?"


[ ] You shall call the Trickster God immediately, for even though it carries a risk you must meet him.
[ ] Marisa's suggstion would be best.
- [ ] Visit this village she spoke of
- [ ] Visit some other place instead (specify)
[ ] You fear not battle with the sacred maiden. If she is coming you shall stay and meet the Hakurei miko here.
>> No. 19627
[x] Marisa's suggstion would be best.
-[x] Visit this village she spoke of

Nice to see this isn't dead.
>> No. 19628
>>19627
Norseman? Giving up? Perish the thought, lad.

[x] Marisa's suggstion would be best.
-[x] Visit this village she spoke of
>> No. 19629
[x] Marisa's suggstion would be best.
-[x] Visit this village she spoke of

U-updates? In my /forest/?
>> No. 19631
[x] Marisa's suggstion would be best.
-[x] Visit this village she spoke of
>> No. 19632
[x] Marisa's suggstion would be best.
-[x] Visit this village she spoke of

Good to see you back.
>> No. 19633
[x] Marisa's suggestion would be best.
-[x] Visit this village she spoke of
>> No. 19635
[B] Marisa's suggestion would be best.
-[b] Visit this village she spoke of.
>> No. 19636
[x] Marisa's suggstion would be best.
- [x] Visit this village she spoke of.

As glorious as such a fight seems, it was blindly persuing notions of battle and vengeance that kinda made the current predicament, and Reimu's going to be pissed enough when she finds out about Sigurd taking down Yukari.

I though you'd forgotten, my good Norseman.
>> No. 19637
>>19636

Your forgetting that Anon is the one driving the story, Norseman is just giving directions.

And besides, killing Reimu will be much easier as she's human, which will also shatter the border, but this time we'll also have a pissed off Yukari on us as well. That part where she raped us to death will be nothing compared to what she will do when we kill Reimu.

Yes, I know a few of you are thinking of possibly killing Reimu. Don't deny it.

[X] Marisa's suggestion would be best.
- [X] Visit this village she spoke of.

Now lets just hope that Keine doesn't interfere. Doubly so if it's a full moon.
>> No. 19639
>>19627

Were this story to die, it would return from Valhalla upon a wind-riding steed to take bloody vengeance upon its slayer.


Also, vote's called and writing starts.
>> No. 19640
>>19637

The story improved once the whole 'vengence against Yukari' arc ended (when Sigurd starts to enjoy being in Gensokyo fully)
>> No. 19655
>>19639
Hooray!

Also, I really liked Sanae's FFFFFFFFFFF moment. It was also a good move having her be aware of who those figures were.

I like moments like that, in stories; it's like metagaming without being stupid or crappy.
>> No. 19656
>>19640

This might be true, though I'd like to think that everything I've written is significant to the story. If someone feels differently though, I'd appreciate in you shared your thoughts.

But maybe this simply is the inevitable result of my own perfectionism. Then again, considering Sigurd's cultural background, not seeking vengeance in some shape or form would pretty much be unthinkable.

>>19655

Well, maybe this is stating the obvious, but since Sanae is originally an outsider from modern Japan, I figured that it would be dumb if she didn't at least recognize the norse gods.


And I'm nearly finished with the next update, but right now I'm about to fall asleep in my chair. So I'm off to bed.
>> No. 19657
>>19656

Understandable but it seemed some Anon seem way too into it. And it seemed as if Sigurd was failing to smell the flowers at times.

Though it seems anon realized where things were going and stopped, and things became interesting and Sigurd started to look at the bright side of things. But the whole story has been enjoyable to read.

Though I haven't given up on the Malice route, heh, but if there's just Alice, I'm happy, since she's one of the better ones this site has seen (Not a tsundere or nutjob)
>> No. 19696
First of all this update is growing in size as I write it. I thought it would be short and simple, but I apparently can't help myself from adding to it. So yeah, this might take some more time.

>>19657

Perhaps so. I find that reflecting on my own work is usually a bit hard, because I tend to create explanations for everything. However, conveying the author's intentions and thoughts to the reader is always difficult because it can be lost either by poor communication on my part, overlooked by the readers because something else catches their attention or simply because Anonymous sometimes is dumb.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I myself had a (in my mind) perfectly valid explanation for why the 'vengeance arc' was necessary. Not only was it because Sigurd's cultural background demanded vengeance, it was also because despite all his confidence, Sigurd was a man who found himself in a new, unknown situation without much explanation why. Naturally he would not only come to the conclusion that he had been wronged by Yukari, but also fall back on what he found familiar, and see this situation as the will of the gods, maybe even as a test or mission set upon him by Odin. From this semi-contradictory view the character could develop into a more nuanced one, yet still retaining his basic characteristics. Here I also would like to add that Anonymous has helped tremendously in the character development of Sigurd, and I think this story is richer for it.

But then again, just as a hero needs to grow and the story needs to progress. From a narrative perspective I simply needed to kick the plot in motion, and for that I needed a confrontation of some sort with someone you usually don't want to mess with.

So basically I have a plan. If the story is becoming better it might even be working.
>> No. 19697
>>19696

I wouldn't worry it's just my opinion, and Sigurd realized what he might have done had he carried things out.

Yeah Anon did a nice job of that, someone focused on his goal, but didn't go out of his way to slaughter folks doing merely their job. Still in some areas I'd imagine he would not be welcomed.

And the end of the arc did kick the real plot into motion.

And there's no problem, since your updates are always worthwhile.
>> No. 19749
Gentlemen.

I have nearly finished the next update. Unfortunately, I am currently as drunk as drunk can be, and therefore unable to apply the final touches. Instead I'll drink some fine, fine vodka, and I heartily encourage you all to do the same.

However, I hereby swear upon the Hammer of Thor to finish this unruly update by tomorrow. By hook or crook it shall be done.
>> No. 19776
Time is running out great Norseman.
>> No. 19777
>>19776
He needs lots of time to make an update. It involves drinking tons of alcohol and many naked women while dancing naked around a fire on top of a snowy mountain.

Now you see what kind of harships writers have to go through to bring us updates, they put their lives on the line for us.
>> No. 19778
>>19777
>to make an update
>involves drinking tons of alcohol and many naked women while dancing naked around a fire

Brb, starting a CYOA.
>> No. 19781
>>19776

I don't think Friday is over yet, so I stil should have some time. Anyway, working on update now.

>>19777

My secrets! They are revealed!
>> No. 19784
>>19778
Mmmhhh, yeah, now I want to start one too. How does 'Embodiment of how I got shitfaced last night and screwed like 10 people, mostly women, rhapsody' sound?
>> No. 19785
>>19784
Sounds like a winner to me.
>> No. 19787
Confession time, people. This isn't going as smoothly as I had hoped, which only proves that one should not make promises when drunk.

So despite the shame it brings me, I might not be finished today.

>>19784

Your idea intrigues me, and I would like to read your CYOA.
>> No. 19793
Norseman needs more girls. Are you fine with traps too?
>> No. 19794
>>19793

While I have no problems with guys who like to take it up the butt,I myself am stil bound by Odin's law, and therefore Ergi is quite out of the question.

And if we are to hold true to Old Norse tradition, the question itself is cause enough for a Holmgang, or for full outlawry if the challenger does not dare to prove his accusation.

However, we, as modern, enlightened gentlemen, do not necessarily subscribe to such morals, and therefore we shall let this matter pass without further mention.


This has been your lesson of Old Norse customs today.
>> No. 19797
>>19794
I have no idea what just happened except I feel more educated and someone gave me a beer.
>> No. 19799
>>19797
To enjoy GS to a maximum please make sure you drink enough beer.
>> No. 19819
>>19797
>>19799

Careful. Drink enough beer reading GS and you may start creating your own games based on it.
>> No. 19823
When I came home on Sunday night, as drunk as drunk can be, I saw a bottle of beer where my old bottle should be.

I called my wife and I said to her, would you kindly tell to me whose beer is there where my old beer should be?

And she said, you're drunk, you're drunk you silly old fool, still you cannot see, that's a bottle of beer that my mother sent to me.

Well, many a day I've traveled, a hundred miles or more, but such a bottle of beer in my old home I've never seen before.


So right now I'm drunk for the third day in a row. That's how it goes, and I guess that's my excuse for the lack of updates.
>> No. 19826
>>19823

Not good enough, you wrote some pretty good updates while you were drunk in the past.

Now go out there and slay those writer's block Hamartrolls with your Sword and Shield of update blessed by the will and power of Odin.
>> No. 19827
>So right now I'm drunk for the third day in a row.
Alcoholic.
>> No. 19828
>>19823

You're starting to turn into YAF. You should rectify that post-haste.
>> No. 19831
>>19823
You could always try to write when drunk, make the update from a drunk viking view.
>> No. 19832
>>19828

Nah, his ego doesn't easily outsize the Goliath doll or Komachi's chest.

But his overly drunkenness seems to be damaging his productivity.
>> No. 19833
>>19823
Have you ever considered making a danmaku game?
>> No. 19869
Good brother of silkened word and sharpened wit, I pray you come up for air. I knew a man who grew mead gills, but was too drunk to care. He swam too long within the drink and the wonder it can be, but so dulled a mind can lose itself in the pleasures of the sea. A mighty skuld in wordweave's glory is all the fans do wish, yet listen to them and not me for I am but a fish.


Finally caught up in the story. Figures I'd be gone for so long just when the write-ins piled up last thread. I'm glad it turned out well. Anon doesn't give himself enough credit. And great stuff Norseman, keep up the good work.


>>19831
Write when drunk. Edit when sober. Best way to play the game.
>> No. 19876
File 12604099031.jpg - (34.96KB, 500x500, alice26.jpg) [iqdb]
19876
Firstly the usual apologies. This time I've actually been sober, but exams are coming up and that means a metric fuckton of additional work.

>>19827

Well, yes I though this was common knowledge already. It comes with the job, you know.

>>19831

I've tried it in the past, but it didn't work out. The poems are great, but everything else becomes shit.

>>19833

Honestly? At this point I feel as if I'd only need to emigrate to Nippon and get a silly hat.

>>19869

Good to have you back.

---

[ ] Marisa's suggestion would be best.
- [ ] Visit this village she spoke of.


"Wise are the uttered words, guiding song-smith's path." You answer, your course now set by forest witch's cunning advice. "Truly Hugin's match she is, black-white raven cawing sage-secrets in this tale-weaver's ear."

"Heh, guess I'll hafta forgive you again since you're such a smooth talker -ze." Marisa replies, her grin not fading for even a moment. "An' besides we hafta get going, don't we?"

"Before we leave, we have a few things to do." Alice calmly comments, speaking words that seem to curb Marisa's enthusiasm slightly.

"Oh right, the old dude. Forgot about him.-ze" The forest witch replies while scratching the side of her head, the tone of her voice slightly sheepish. "Guess I'll go tell him before we leave."

"That too." The dollmaker replies, an enigmatic smile coming over her lips. "But first we have to do something about our Viking here."

"Wonder, this song-smith must, what they would do with him, wildwood's wicked witches?" You ask aloud, earning you twin, wily looks from the sorceresses in question.

"We must make you presentable, of course." Alice answers in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Some people in Gensokyo pay no heed to their public image," She continues, earning her an annoyed look from the forest witch. "But you should strive to make a good first impression when we visit the village. It would not do for the locals to think you are below your station."

There is wisdom in her words, for clothed and fed should a man ride to court, though his horse be not the finest and no rings of red gold shine on his arm. But still, seldom is there harm for the noble hero to bring gleaming gold and strong men with him.

"Aye, thoughts of men are often swayed by sights of glory." You reply, answering her wisdom with assent. "For no noble man, lord of thane, should be seen without splendor, for by such a way are men's tongues turned foul with scorn and rumour."

"Wonderful." Alice answers you, a mischievious smile on her lips. "Then let's get you out of those old clothes."

---

While the forest witch goes to fetch the old master, Alice leads you into another workshop of hers, this one obviously devoted to the tailor's art. Clothes and cloth alike do you see, garments large and small in various stages of completion. The spell-skilled seamstress walks over to a cabinet next to a great oaken table, one she apparently uses as a workbench of some sort.

"I made these yesterday while you slept." Dear Alice tells you as she opens the cabinet. "I tried to make them like your old clothes, but I'm afraid that they are not exactly the same."

From there she fetches a blue tunic with silver-shining buttons as well as a pair of plain black britches and lays them out on the table, then motions for you to approach.

Upon closer inspection the clothes are fine, though quite plain, yet you can see that the skill that has gone into crafting them would shame even the most skilled of your homeland's seamstresses. Again you must suspect that some sort of sorcery has gone into crafting these garments, so fine is the needlework.

"I didn't have the time to do any embroidery, but I think they will look good on you nonetheless." Alice comments, her pride evident from her voice. And pride well-founded do you deem it.

"A great gift, one that I graciously accept." You answer her, a feeling of gratitude strong like few you have experienced now taking hold of your heart. "For gifts of moon-pale silver or Aegir's fire all lords can give, but rare is the ring-giver whose hand can grant gifts of skill and subtlety, ones shaped by own hand."

"It's kind of you, but there's no need to praise me Sigurd." Your dear dollmaker answers, though with a pleased smile. "I find needlework to be relaxing. In fact, I'd be happy to make you an entire wardrobe."

"But first I shall leave to your privacy, so you try these and tell me what you think." She continues, then turns away from you and goes back to looking though her closet.

You answer her with a nod and start removing your old shirt and britches, eager to test these fine gifts. Swiftly do you change into your new outfit, noting that the britches are very soft and comfortable, though they look quite sturdy. The tunic is comfortable as well and just the right size as you button it up and fasten your belt around your waist. You experimentally lift your arms and roll your shoulders slightly, testing if this garment will restrict your movement, and to your satisfaction you find it does not hinder you at all.

After this you walk over to your dear dollmaker who turns to face you, inspecting you with a critical eye. She tugs slightly at your sleeves and makes you lift your arms, carefully checking that the tunic truly fits everywhere.

"It fits well enough not to ruin my reputation." She concludes, a satisfied look on her face. "And you do look good in it." She adds with a small, playful smile.

"Well is it made," You declare in assent, "And in truth this one a gift as grand as any this warrior has been given."

"Well, there is another surprise I have for you." Alice reveals, smiling enigmatically. She then leads you to another cabinet, this one tall, broad and thin. She opens the doors, and the sight of what lies within truly is one that steals your breath away.

"You didn't think I'd forget a promise?" Your dear dollmaker teasingly asks as she presents you with a magnificent cloak, one obviously made out of the pelt of the great beast you laid low three days ago.

"Munin's match, many-skilled she is, this raven who won song-smith's heart." You muse as you inspect the heavy garment, for you did request this of her, this you remember, but other matters had pushed it away from your mind until now. She has worked the pelt of the great bear expertly, again showing a skill that borders on the sorcerous, aye, one that must be of magic, for how else could she have finished the cloak so swiftly?

"What is it with you and ravens?" Alice wonders aloud, the expression on her fair features both amused and curious.

"Noblest of birds, Odin's servants." You absentmindedly reply as you draw the cloak over your left shoulder and fasten the heavy metal clasp. Then, reverently, you draw forth the great ring of gold, Trickster's gift, and fasten it around your right arm. Strangely enough, it fits perfectly as well, the solid weight of the gold your only reminder of this treasure that has been entrusted to you.

---

Finally the two of you return back downstairs. Waiting is your trusty blade, that shining sun-shard do you now take up. You sense that it is eager, savoring the prospect of great deeds that lie before you, a feeling you find yourself sharing as you strap the great blade to your back.

"Are your expecting a fight?" Alice wonders, voice slightly curious, though mostly amused.

"Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without."

The staves of the High One's song answer her, the words leaping to life from memory. With a confident smile you speak them to all who would hear. To this Alice has no comment other than a small nod and another smile.

Sun-rays glitter upon gold as you confidently stride out of the hall of the dollmaker. Marisa whistles as she sees you, grinning widely at your apprearence, and old master Youki is here as well, raising en eyebrow slightly as he sees you.

"Well well, lookatim. Looks like doll girl is good at somethin' besides making toys -ze." The black-white witch comments, yet above the talents of the forest witch is to hide that she is truly impressed with the sight. Alice merely smiles back as the beaming witch, sighing softly at her friend's excitement.

"So let's go, let's go -ze!" The forest witch continues, sweeping out her broom towards the forest, as if brandishing a sceptre.

---

As the four of you soar up above the treetops you find yourself relegated to the rearguard. Perhaps it is because of claims of greater experience in spotting threats as your dollmaker claims, or maybe because the brilliant shine of Sólargeisli casting cascades of light behind you, which the black-white witch deemed to be annoying enough the refuse the honour of the rearguard. Thus the two magicians soar slightly ahead of you, while the old master flies at your side.

"It was wise of you to speak with the Moriya Miko." Old Youki comments after a minute or two of travel. "And also to take her letter."

"How so, old one?" You wonder, your curiosity piqued by this sudden praise.

"For all who seek to keep the balance, knowledge is the Way." Youki replies, meeting your gaze.

His words are familiar, aye, for it was only this morning that the old master told you of the balance, and of why it must be kept. Well then, you now see, that this message would be kept from Loki's hands for now, for would not this alliance carry the risk of greater conflict, and have you not sworn to cause no such thing of your own will?

"Aye," You reply, your new understanding bringing confidence to your voice, "For seldom do lords and kings who seek power and glory forge their pacts, unless there is war is to be waged. Ill would this be for this realm's balance."

"This is true." The old master replies, a hint of sadness entering his voice, "Unfortunately the Lady Yasaka has always been one to seek greater power, to rise above all as does the sky she rules. It would be better if she would not meet your Loki."

"Should then this message be destroyed?" You ask of the old master, "And would then this meeting be prevented? Would she not send another messenger, or strive to seek out Laufey's son herself?"

"Correct again, young Sigurd." Youki replies, a satisfied smile on his lips. "The Way is not to chase the impossible, but to choose the best path that can be taken. You should judge carefully when to present this message to the O-Asura-dono."

Apparently satisfied with this conversation, the old master again falls silent, leaving you to ponder upon what you should do with the scroll tucked into your pocket.

---

The rest of the journey to the village is uneventful. Sometimes you think you can feel something watching you, but no hidden foeman or secret spell assaults you. After s short walk upon the whispering winds the four of you land on a dirt road

"See, most of the humans in the village can't fly, so they're probly jealous or somethin', an' the village guard get all huffy if you just zoom in as well." Marisa explains, visibly annoyed. "So we hafta walk an' be lame -ze."

Truth she speaks, for you can see some other travelers upon the road, one or two landing upon it, but all of them marching the final stretch towards the village gates visible in the distance. A stockade surrounds the perimeter of the village, outlying farms scattered about the countryside.

If you could disregard the strange architecture and odd fields it perhaps would seem like your own, long-gone homeland. And yet, as this village certainly is not like your homeland, a warrior such as yourself will surely stand out in a crowd. Perhaps then it would be wise to make the most of your strange appearence and try to truly impress the crowds? Or perhaps it would be possible to blend in, for this is a realm strange and sorcerous. Maybe you could pass of as a regular traveler, for to the heedful come seldom harm.


[ ] Cautious and silent let the wary stranger enter a dwelling. Try to pass off as a regular traveler.

[ ] Not for heroes is silence and invisibility. March into the village as if you did own it.
>> No. 19877
[x] Not for heroes is silence and invisibility. March into the village as if you did own it.
>> No. 19878
[x] Cautious and silent let the wary stranger enter a dwelling. Try to pass off as a regular traveler.

Sigurd is not in his homeland, humility is often the best course. That and he has yet to accrue deeds of heroic note.
>> No. 19879
[x] Cautious and silent let the wary stranger enter a dwelling. Try to pass off as a regular traveler.
>> No. 19881
[x] Cautious and silent let the wary stranger enter a dwelling. Try to pass off as a regular traveler.
>> No. 19882
Aren't they scared shitless of Reimu? How the hell would drawing attention at them when walking at the middle of the village she's bound to protect could be a good idea?


[x] Cautious and silent let the wary stranger enter a dwelling. Try to pass off as a regular traveler.
>> No. 19886
>"But you should strive to make a good first impression when we visit the village. It would not do for the locals to think you are below your station."

[x] Not for heroes is silence and invisibility. March into the village as if you did own it.

Just because we go in proudly doesn't mean that we'll go out of our way to cause trouble.
>> No. 19889
>>19886

But a good impression might not be waltzing into a place like you owned it. And who to say that someone such as Keine didn't get tipped off by the matter of how the youkai of gaps got laid low by Sigurd. (Remember how Sigurd barely escaped with his life from Yuyuko's place?)

I think humility is the course of action of making a good impression. Heck Humility is a likable trait to most people.
>> No. 19890
[B] Cautious and silent let the wary stranger enter a dwelling. Try to pass off as a regular traveler.
>> No. 19891
Well, if you have problems deciding, just think about the logical consequences of a huge, armed Viking strolling into a japanese village, or for that matter, the consequences of anything that could stand out in a crowd by default.

And there's not really a better or a worse option here, it's simply that the two approaches will have different pros and cons. For example, if you try caution, is it humble and polite, or do you have something to hide? Or of you march in like you own the place, are you arrogant and rude, or simply cofident and heroic?
>> No. 19893
>>19891
What, no casual and normal option?
>> No. 19894
[x] Try to pass off as a regular traveler.

Just... normal. For a foreigner.

Sigurd can't be the first outsider or the weirdest looking thing they've ever seen. This is fucking Gensokyo.
>> No. 19895
>>19893
Pussy.
>> No. 19896
>>19891
>Or of you march in like you own the place, are you arrogant and rude, or simply cofident and heroic?

This. Time for an epic showdown with Reimu that will shake the world.
>> No. 19897
>>19896

I think the main goal is to avoid a needless battle with Reimu. The reason why we're going to the village is to have a more peaceful ground to negotiate with her.
>> No. 19899
>>19897
The reason why we're going to the village is that there are many people and that Reimu can't suddenly go berserk and rip us a new one. If something goes wrong we have the whole village hostage and she can't do anything.

Well, nothing that extreme. Just a neutral ground that we can be sure no fighting will start if something goes wrong.
>> No. 19901
All right, calling the vote for the low-key option.

Writing is commencing.
>> No. 19903
>>19901
>low-key option
>low-key
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Try saying it aloud.
>> No. 19904
>>19903

Nice catch.
>> No. 19905
>>19903
NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo
>> No. 19906
>>19903
How clever.
>> No. 19913
Update, Norseman?
>> No. 19914
File 126105343226.jpg - (87.36KB, 850x828, shanghai2.jpg) [iqdb]
19914
Yeah, I'm finally through my exams (mostly), so I'll have time to finish this damn update today or tomorrow.

Have a Shanghai while you wait.
>> No. 19930
File 126118273611.jpg - (166.89KB, 501x666, marisa7.jpg) [iqdb]
19930
Right-o. Exams are over, so I should be able to pick up my pace over the holiday season.

Anyway, here's a update.

---

[ ] Cautious and silent let the wary stranger enter a dwelling. Try to pass off as a regular traveler.


Aye, perhaps caution is warranted, for who knows what you will find within this village? Who knows how these strange men of eastern lands will view you, this you must admit though your pride is stung by it. No, while it is tempting to stride through the gates and proclaim to all your name and great deeds, it would not be in your best interest to do so, and no shame does a man bring upon himself by remaining silent about his accomplishments. Yet no glory does he win by such a course either, your heart reminds you with bitter words.

"At every door-way,
ere one enters,
one should spy round,
one should pry round
for uncertain is the witting
that there be no foeman sitting,
within, before one on the floor."

You softly say, uttering the opening staves of High One's song more to remind yourself of their wisdom than for any other reason. However, you immediately see that the poem does not escape notice from your companions.

"So whatcha mean Sigurd?" Marisa asks, frowning slightly at you. "If I'm hearin' ya right, you won't be marchin' up to tha village an' show those stuffy guards who's boss -ze?"

"Ill would it be to act with too great pride when entering the town of a lord." You reply, seeking to soothe her obvious irritation. "And doubly so when king's guards stand watch, for insult it would offer to that man of might."

"What'cha talkin' about Sigurd?" Marisa protests, her voice and expression slightly confused. "We don't have no king -ze!"

"Who rules then?" You wonder aloud, for though many a town and land you have seen, few were without lord or master.

"Well, see there's a couple of noble families who like to think they're in charge, but that ain't how it really is, y'know? Nobody really cares much for titles, not even the nobles." The black-white witch calmly explains. "Well, except for Remi and a few others, but for starters Remi doesn't even live in the village, an' the Hieda family actually does somethin' different from everyone else, so they might have some kinda justification -ze."

"Most people kinda support one family or the other, but everyone usually agrees on big stuff -ze." Marisa then continues after a moment's thought. "Y'know solvin' disputes and dealin' with punks and stuff."

You listen to the words of the black-white witch, with growing interest, a look of surprise flowing unbidden over your features.

"Nobles who rule those who would follow them? Yet all free men have a voice when they gather, when justice is dealt and settlement brokered?" You ask, glancing towards the village, then back to the forest witch.

"Um, basically yeah." Marisa replies, scowling in confusion and irritation as she sees the wide smile spreading over your face. Interesting indeed, this you must admit, how this eastern wonderland surprises even with that which is familiar to you. Few were there who could match your word-weave when cases were settled, and perhaps then there shall be other ways to walk, other opportunities opened for you within these walls rising before you.

"So anyway, what's this got to do with stuff -ze?" The black-white witch wonders, "An' what's so funny -ze?"

"O brave witch, when lords are many, a man must tread with caution even greater. In a king's hall the skilled song-smith must win only the ear and friendship of one man, but when realm is ruled by jarls and chiefs, friendship with one often means the warrior will find two foemen waiting." You answer her, words woven from experience and eloquence, "And in the land where this song-smith was born, justice is often settled with words among free men and chiefs, much like in this well-walled village the witch of wildling wood has told him of."

"I see." Marisa replies with a grin. "You're a smart one Sigurd. You're almost as smart as me sometimes -ze."

"Aye, and thus the wisdom I have won tells that no stranger should enter such a place without caution." You answer the bold witch of the wildwoods, earning you a slightly disappointed look from the selfsame sorceress.

"Hmph, well if ya won't lead, I guess I'll hafta take charge. If we'll sneak, we'll sneak good." The black-white witch grumbles, turning from you towards Alice and Youki.

"Any protests -ze?" The forest witch demands, her voice suddenly taking on an commanding, almost imperious tone.

Your dear dollmaker turns away her head as she hears the question, apparently pondering the question. Or perhaps this is not the reason for you think you can see a flash of something akin to anger upon her fair features.

"You know that I mislike dealing with the more... irritating elements of this village." She finally answers the forest witch, her face a carefully constructed mask of indifference. "I would appreciate if you could take care of such matters."

"Um, yeah, no worries." Marisa answers, strangely enough looking a bit concerned as she studies the dollmaker.

You find yourself pondering what it could be that could cause your dear Alice such discomfort within this village, yet nothing comes to mind at the moment. Strange, that.

"Well then, how 'bout you, old man?" The energetic witch asks of old Youki.

"There are those in this village who will recognize me." The old master calmly states. "And so I shall endeavor to remain discreet."

With these words he picks a wide straw hat from somewhere and draws it down to conceal his face, and in the same instant his smoky soul-cloud suddenly scatters until it is entirely invisible. A poor disguise in itself, you would deem it, yet the old master surely has other tricks up his sleeve if he wishes to use them.

"Good." Marisa replies, then turns back to you. "An' finally, Sigurd, wouldja turn off that sword of yours -ze?" She then commands in an somewhat annoyed tone, tapping the hilt of your golden wound-bringer as she speaks. "Ya won't be able to sneak around with somethin' that shines that brightly on ya back, will you?"

"I know not if that task is within the powers of this warrior." You reply, reaching back and laying your hand on the crossguard. With a summon of will you reach towards Sólargeisli and bid the blade to calm itself, to secret its shine. You can sense a faint resistance, a protest from the fires bound within, yet to your mild surprise the light recedes, though it does not go out completely.

"Right all of ya, let's go, let's go." The little witch commands, apparently satisfied with your efforts, waving towards the distant gates with her broom.

---

Thus the four of you stride towards the village behind the energetic forest witch. Closer and closer you come, and you note that the village actually seems quite large when you draw near. The gate itself would not be very impressive even in your homeland, but still it speaks either of prosperity or of a town beset by danger.

The guards themselves, though, would indicate the former. Only two of them are posted at the gates, armed with long spears and clad in strange armour, one of them nothing but a green boy guarding the gate proper, the other seated within a small guardpost, this one a warrior well past his prime. None of them seem very alert, indeed not rasing neither warning nor challenge before you have reached the gates themselves.

"Good day Miss Kirisame." The younger one greets the forest witch, standing up a bit straighter, a hint of respect, perhaps even slight awe in his voice.

"Heya." Marisa replies with a wide smile. "Whatcha doin' in the village guard Kenta?"

"Well, my dad kinda forced me." The young man admits with a forced laugh, earning him a sympathetic look from the forest witch.

"But enough about that." He then continues, an eager excitement entering his voice. "Is is true that you showed that really scary Youkai her place, you know, that one who calls herself Yakumo?"

"Huh?" Marisa replies in confusion, obviously taken aback "Where'd ya hear that?"

"Well, what's this then?" The older guardsman suddenly wonders, looking over from his post, his eyes widening as he sees the forest witch.

"Brat, why didn't you tell that our litte hero was here?" He jovially exclaims, evoking a confused look from the forest witch.

"Hero -ze?" Marisa wonders, obviously slightly taken aback but as obviously quite pleased by the title. "I'm a hero now, uncle Aoki?"

"Of course Marisa, you're the talk of the town ever since that crow delivered today's paper." The old guard replies, smiling grimly at the forest witch. "That crow wrote her usual lies, but you made us all damn proud that someone from the village still has the guts to show those damn high-and-mighty Youkai their proper place. Your father's been bragging about it all day."

"Yeah!" The young man, Kenta, you believe his name was, exclaims. "We don't believe that you're a criminal or anything, we're all proud that you're brave enough to stand up to the Youkai."

"Um, well let me explain -ze." Marisa says, glancing towards you with pleading eyes. The black-white witch suddenly seems strangely reluctant to accept this praise, perhaps out of honesty or perhaps out of some other reason entirely.

Still, her wish is clear. You could speak up, tell these men who laid low the Lady of Borders, as the forest witch seems to urge you to, or you could let caution rule and let her take the glory of this deed.


[ ] Your course is set, and by it shall you abide. Let the forest witch take the glory.

[ ] Ill is bragging, yet worse still to trick and twist the truth. Honesty shall serve a man well.
>> No. 19931
[x] Your course is set, and by it shall you abide. Let the forest witch take the glory.
>> No. 19936
[x] Ill is bragging, yet worse still to trick and twist the truth. Honesty shall serve a man well.
- [x] But it was ultimately a senseless deed.

Since isn't that the truth? But feel free to ignore the sub-option.

I think Sigurd wouldn't feel that proud of what he did, that and regardless this would anger some people (especially those knowledgeable about the workings of Gensokyo)

But it's obvious why Alice doesn't feel welcome here.

But a note about Canon: Youkai aren't excluded from the village, and parents teach their kids to give Youkai the same respect as their elders. But I can imagine this old guard is an exception.
>> No. 19937
[x] Your course is set, and by it shall you abide. Let the forest witch take the glory.
>> No. 19938
Some more logic behind >>19936

If we let Marisa take the glory, she might end up taking the blame from certain parties (I doubt Yuyuko is the only one miffed by our actions). I doubt we really want Marisa to end up suffering because of the stunt Sigurd did.

And I think Marisa was trying to explain that it wasn't her that did it, a perhaps rare show of humility on her part. Otherwise she'd have said something along the lines of bragging herself.

And the fight with Yukari herself wasn't really one full of glory anyways (needing the help of a god, and damn near undoing Gensokyo); the battle against Ran in contrast would be something Sigurd could hold his head up about, a basically fair fight that ended in a well mannered fashion.

And I think there's one person in the village who'd end up seeing through this lie: Keine. When she took a look at history she'd know the truth.
>> No. 19939
[x] Your course is set, and by it shall you abide. Let the forest witch take the glory.
She looks so happy.
Besides, I don't think that it will have any bad repercussions...
>> No. 19942
>>19939

Repercussions? It's the matter of taking credit for basically killing a key pillar of Gensokyo. Have you forgotten how Sigurd barely escaped Hakugyokuro with his life? (If not for Loki's advice, Yuyuko would have killed him then and there)

Look at this part in:

>>19930

>"Um, well let me explain -ze." Marisa says, glancing towards you with pleading eyes. The black-white witch suddenly seems strangely reluctant to accept this praise, perhaps out of honesty or perhaps out of some other reason entirely.

Note the end of this part.

>Still, her wish is clear. You could speak up, tell these men who laid low the Lady of Borders, as the forest witch seems to urge you to, or you could let caution rule and let her take the glory of this deed.

She was only pleased before finding out the reason, in this case she's kinda worried about it, and with good reason. Marisa knows that Yukari's rather important to the workings of things and the risks of taking the credit for it.

and there's this line:

>"Yeah!" The young man, Kenta, you believe his name was, exclaims. "We don't believe that you're a criminal or anything, we're all proud that you're brave enough to stand up to the Youkai."

Sure him and his father might be proud, but there's a few folks who would think she'd be a criminal if she took credit. Said folks might be in positions of influence.
>> No. 19943
[x] Ill is bragging, yet worse still to trick and twist the truth. Honesty shall serve a man well.
- [x] But it was ultimately a senseless deed.
>> No. 19944
[x] Ill is bragging, yet worse still to trick and twist the truth. Honesty shall serve a man well.

We wanted revenge and we got it.
>> No. 19945
[x] Ill is bragging, yet worse still to trick and twist the truth. Honesty shall serve a man well.
>> No. 19946
The discussion is interesting, but I'd like to clarify a few things.

First of all, I'd urge everyone to recall the cultural background of Sigurd. In old norse society, beating down Yukari (with divine aid or no) would pretty much be considered an legendary feat of arms no matter what the consequences of the act would be. And as strange as it sounds, infamy actually could bring great honour and reputation to a man. For a good example of this, look at Egil Skallagrimsson. Dude was a major asshole, yet ended up as a legend.

Second, consider what honour meant in old norse society. Then consider the implications of letting someone else take the honour for your deeds.

Third, as has been mentioned, consider the clash between old norse values and the mores of Gensokyo, as well as the baggage that the deed of killing Yukari carries with it.

Fourth, consider Marisa's character. Why would she pass on an opportunity to steal somebody else's glory? Is she really above such an act? And she certainly would be better suited to deal with the consequences of killing Yukari than Sigurd is, would she not?

And finally, consider the reaction of the village if they believe one of their own has knocked off a powerful Youkai versus the reaction if some random stranger did it.
>> No. 19947
[X] Ill is bragging, yet worse still to trick and twist the truth. Honesty shall serve a man well.
>> No. 19948
>>19946

Well I think for most things, she'd have went and ran with it, but she showed hesitation.

And you have yet to assure that Marisa won't suffer some backlash from more knowledgeable folks.

Reimu would not have believed her anyways. (If anything was going to kill yukari, the closest thing would be Reimu's unbridled power, and even then it'd been close)

That and I don't think Sigurd is one to toss a burden on to Marisa that she didn't earn. (I remember very well how far word of Yukari's 'slaying' had reached; such as to Yuyuko, who tried to return the favor then some.)

That's just my logic behind my vote and I did say to ignore the suboption if you wanted to.
>> No. 19950
>>19946
But you can't forget one thing: Sigurd changed when he came to Gensokyo. He is not the same Viking he used to be.
Maybe you could say he is less feral, listens more to other people and doesn't charge in like a rampaging bull anymore. Meeting Youki and Alice really was the best thing that could have happened to him.
>> No. 19951
>>19950

An interesting observation. But has he changed by abandoning some of his old ways, or by adopting new ones? Or perhaps both?

And it's nice to see that people are giving thought to the votes. Generally Anonymous actually does very well when some pondering is done, so keep up the good work.
>> No. 19953
>>19951
>But has he changed by abandoning some of his old ways, or by adopting new ones? Or perhaps both?

Why do you need to give something up to get something new? He did not abadon his ideals, just set new priorities and goals. He may be changing but in the core he is still what he is. You can see this clearly in the way that he deals with Loki. And his goal to kill Yukari changed to care and protect his friends/love, which i think he puts above everything else.

That is the reason why i voted against bragging/telling the truth, it just doesn't fit anymore. He already took over some of Youkis ideals, which i am not sure you could call it like that, and mindset.
>> No. 19954
>>19953

Ah I believed he changed some but he'd be more concerned about what might happen to Marisa as opposed to his own glory. Especially if his run in with Yuyuko is fresh in his mind. (I can imagine even Sigurd would realize that the ghost wouldn't be the only person who knew of things and would be upset about it)

Thus telling the truth in my view wouldn't be "Yeah right, I was the big man who took down the monster!" but more like "She had nothing to do with it, and I wouldn't want her to get any blame for it"
>> No. 19961
Right, honesty wins the day.

Writing is commencing.
>> No. 19962
[B] Ill is bragging, yet worse still to trick and twist the truth. Honesty shall serve a man well.
>> No. 19965
[x] Ill is bragging, yet worse still to trick and twist the truth. Honesty shall serve a man well.

I know it's pointless, but still.
>> No. 19966
>>19965
Double pointless since you're voting for the option that won already.
>> No. 19967
>>19966
It is not pointless. Even if it is called and you came in too late to cast your vote, you can still do it and tell the writer you enjoyed what you read with voting.
>> No. 19976
[ ] Ill is bragging, yet worse still to trick and twist the truth. Honesty shall serve a man well.


Aye, caution had you chosen, yet it seems that this path is not one that you tread easily. Or perhaps the price of keeping silent now simply is too great?

Not glory alone, you well know, would the slayer of border-daemon gain, but foemen as well. Still, perhaps there would not be much harm in this, for well do you know that the truth behind the slaying is no secret to those who would hunt you down, to ghost-garden's princess and surely to the sacred shrine maiden alike, no rumour or lie would be sufficient for them to shift the responsibility to Marisa. And surely the black-white witch would have little to fear from this village if she were to be known as the glorious slayer of a great foe.

But what true warrior of Odin would seek such a path? To leave both the glory and hatred his deeds have created to burden the shoulders of another? To keep his silence like a coward and force the brave witch to lie for his sake?

To escape his responsibility in the eyes of gods and men?

This is not for you. This is not the path of heroes.

"Speak he must, spin song-smith's staves, for daring deeds and dire doom alike belong to one who held slayer's sword." You calmly tell the black-white witch, answering her pleading gaze with a steady and sure one. "For his honour, his friendship forces his tongue to tell true words or none."

"Who are you then, eh?" The old watchman wonders, peering suspiciously at you. "You in the company of Marisa?"

Slowly you turn your gare towards the old watchman, meeting his suspicious gaze with one of steel and strength.

"Sigurd Thorgrimson, he who is Odin's chosen. By my hand was the dark daemon of all borders laid low." You calmly reply, "At mighty Marisa's side I stood, faced that dire lady, she who is called Yakumo Yukari."

"Yep, that's how it is -ze." Marisa confirms, her wide grin revealing a strange satisfaction with your words. "Sure. I helped a bit 'cause I'm awesome like that, but it was Sigurd's show."

"Well, that sure is a story." The old man comments, his voice dripping with disbelief. "But if Marisa says it's true, I guess it is."

"Then again if it's an outsider who beat that damn gap Youkai, I guess we have to call miss Kamishirasawa to see if you look trustworthy." The old gatekeeper concludes, still watching you with open suspicion.

"It is said that the word of Buddha is one that opens all gates." The serene voice of the old master comments, the soft tone reverberating in your ear for a few moments. "My word is but that of a humble hermit, but I can vouchsafe that Sigurd is no threat to the village."

The old watchman turns his head towards the source of the sound, looking surprised for some reason, as if he had not noticed Youki until now. For a few moments he watches the old master, then his eyes widen in recognition.

"Why I'll be damned if it isn't Youki Konpaku." The watchman exclaims, as if he'd seen a ghost. "Darn, it's been over ten years since we saw you last, hasn't it."

"That is true young Aoki. May we pass through the gates?" The old master replies in the same lingering voice that you heard him use before.

"Very well Youki-dono, if you say so." The old watchman replies with a grin that seems truly out of place on his grizzled features. "You have to visit sometime, for old time's sake, eh?"

"Ah, but father, aren't we supposed to call miss Kamishirasawa when dealing with outsiders?" The young man timidly objects, earning him a withering gaze from his sire.

"Shut up brat." The old gatekeeper snaps back. "I'll have you know that Youki Konpaku's word was good enough your grandfather and your great-grandfather, so it'll damn well be good enough for me."

"And as for you," He then says, turning back to you, "I guess I could believe that you are capable of fighting Youkai, you look like you've been in quite a few fights."

"Many a foeman have I felled." You reply, evoking a look of scrutiny from the old man.

"Well, I guess we could use someone like you." The old gatekeeper muses, a grim smile on his lips. "If you're up for a bit of Youkai hunting, get in touch."

The watchmen then return to their posts, leaving you free to stride through the viaage gates. Thus you finally enter the village, finding yourself looking down a long street with some sort of town square visible in the distance.

"Heh, I knew you'd man up sooner or later. That's my Sigurd -ze!" The black-white witch tells with a sly smile, the mischievious little magician apparently satisfied with this outcome. And indeed, you do suspect that the outcome of this situation is to her liking, and perhaps even of her making?

"It is quite a surprise." Alice calmly comments, though her expression is downright devilish as she turns her rapier tongue upon the forest witch. "You have never refrained from hogging all the glory before. How peculiar that you'd do it under these circumstances."

The dollmaker's well-chosen words seem to have their intended effect, colouring the black-white witch's cheeks deep red, and leaving her at loss for words for a few moments.

"Shut up, you damn doll girl, it's nothing like that! Nothing I tell ya -ze!" The black-white witch furiously protests, her small frame trembling with anger as she glares at Alice.

The dollmaker remains silent, a serene smile on her lips, something that paradoxically seems to both calm and further infuriate the forest witch. For a few moments Marisa seems to teeter on the edge between rage and serenity, then she finally manages to take a few deep breaths and compose herself.

"Well played, doll girl, well played -ze." The forest witch darkly mutters, "Guess you win that one."

"So, what'cha think we should do?" Marisa asks no one in particular. "I guess anything we do is fine, we could go bother Keine or we could just bum about for a while. Hell, even heard from Reimu that there's some new temple somewhere around -ze."

"That is true." The old master replies, "I can feel the presence of those who are of the sangha."

"Indeed?" Alice wonders, "I haven't heard of that, but then again I haven't visited the village in a while either."

"Well, what do ya think Sigurd?" Marisa asks you, "Ya haven't been here before, so I guess you get to pick where we should go. You oughta see all of the village anyway, so it's no big difference anyway -ze."

Indeed, her suggestion is sound. Though then again it forces you to chart another course for this fellowship of yours. By the gods, you feel as if you need something to drink right now.


[ ] You would simply like to wander around for a while. Perhaps you shall see something interesting.

[ ] Perhaps you should visit this village protector? Well would it be to win the friendship of that thane.

[ ] In the marketplace does one learn to know a town. Seek it out.

[ ] To find the nearest ale-house shall be your goal. You do need that drink.

[ ] Do something else?
>> No. 19977
[ ] Perhaps you should visit this village protector? Well would it be to win the friendship of that thane.
>> No. 19978
[x] Perhaps you should visit this village protector? Well would it be to win the friendship of that thane.
>> No. 19979
[x] Perhaps you should visit this village protector? Well would it be to win the friendship of that thane.

Yeah, hopefully things go well with Keine.
>> No. 19980
[x] To find the nearest ale-house shall be your goal. You do need that drink.
He is a Viking. Hasn't had a drink in some time now, drinking should be in order now with them. Maybe we can encounter Suika and have her help us get along with Reimu.
A Youki Sigurd drinking contest is something that needs to happen.
>Hell, even heard from Reimu that there's some new temple somewhere around
I would have liked to take a quick visit there. If it is Moriya Temple, we could maybe find some solution for the Kanako/Loki problem.
>> No. 19981
>>19980

She's refering to Byakuren's temple.

and a god wouldn't have a shrine AND a temple.
>> No. 19991
[x] Perhaps you should visit this village protector? Well would it be to win the friendship of that thane.
>> No. 19995
[B] To find the nearest ale-house shall be your goal. You do need that drink.
>> No. 19996
[x] Perhaps you should visit this village protector? Well would it be to win the friendship of that thane.
>> No. 20013
Right, I think we can call the vote here.

Writing commences.
>> No. 20094
Status update guys and gals.

I've recovered from the harsh celebrations of Yuletide, only to find myself in yet another drunken haze.

Writing is therefore delayed. Please watch warmly until it's ready.
>> No. 20101
File 126215644470.jpg - (482.47KB, 1300x900, 1261994733715.jpg) [iqdb]
20101
>>20094
Surprise! Disbelief! Happiness! Feelings used as statements!
>> No. 20118
Norseman, did you encounter any sober days recently?
>> No. 20129
useless alcoholic
>> No. 20132
File 126270160265.jpg - (53.39KB, 423x297, u-mad.jpg) [iqdb]
20132
>>20129
>> No. 20135
>>20132
i mad
>> No. 20137
File 126274395132.jpg - (8.81KB, 200x190, 1259721969259.jpg) [iqdb]
20137
>>20132
>> No. 20139
>>20137

Ianmalcolm.jpg
>> No. 20141
Liver failure is a bad thing to have, you know? Norseman needs to treat it ASAP before continuing.
>> No. 20153
I'm just an useless little drunkard, only good for my writing skills.


Anyway, as this again has taken far too long, I hope to finish the update during the weekend. So I'd say that Sol's day or Máni's day should see another update, unless I've ingested lie juice along with my ale.
>> No. 20154
>>20153
>unless I've ingested lie juice along with my ale

>I've ingested lie juice

>lie juice

WHY MUST YOU REMIND ME OF HIM?!
>> No. 20157
>>20154

People here like making various past references, almost to the point of recycling old material.
>> No. 20158
>>20153
Lies. All nothing but a bunch of lies.
>> No. 20161
>>20153
And for your sex-appeal! We all dig the new age viking style.
>> No. 20197
You should really stop drinking like an Oni and get back to writing like a Viking, Norseman.
>> No. 20205
Did Norseman die?
>> No. 20206
I live, but RL work has been piling up in terrifying amounts all week. I am writing right now though, so progress is being made.
>> No. 20243
>>20206
4 days and it has been a month
>> No. 20275
>>20206

Are you ok?
>> No. 20283
We have another victim here. Someone call the good doctor.
>> No. 20284
>>20283

That's not needed, he's just busy. People have lives outside of writing, such as work. I hope now that the holidays are over he'd cut back on the drinking.
>> No. 20286
>>20284
>People have lives

Obligatory joke about people having/not having a life.
>> No. 20287
I still live, but even more RL work has piled up all week (and the past week).

I am terribly sorry for being lazy and drunk all the time, but right now it's more of a case that I simply don't have the time to write between work and sleep.

But as I've said before, I will finish this story. One way or another, it shall be done.
>> No. 20306
>>20287
How's it going?

Just doing a check up right now.
>> No. 20307
>>20287
I doubt that this site will still exist in 2020
>> No. 20319
>>20306

Workload overload should be over next week, so I'll have some time for writing then.
>> No. 20324
>>20319
Hooray!
>> No. 20335
File 126591179984.jpg - (164.13KB, 486x800, 1265902315288.jpg) [iqdb]
20335
>>20319
We'll be waiting.
>> No. 20351
File 126620195483.jpg - (453.85KB, 800x533, alice40.jpg) [iqdb]
20351
Wait and ye shall recieve. For those wondering about this unacceptable absence, I got drunk at Yule, got lazy for a week, got drunk at New Year's, got lazy for another week, got a fuckton of work dumped on me, and was going to write this on friday, but I kinda got drunk again.

Anyway, update.

---

[ ] Perhaps you should visit this village protector? Well would it be to win the friendship of that thane.


"When a warrior strides into strange hall, well would he do to meet his host with words of kindness and kinship." You declare, prudence and pride steering your steps towards this path of honour, though another part of your mind still insists on seeking out a fine ale-feast.

"This song-smith would not wish to be seen as a man without courtesy, thus he must meet this town's guardian."

"Bugging Keine eh?" Marisa comments, her words accompanied by a sly grin. "Could be fun, ain't that right Alice -ze?"

"Only if one finds amusement in irredeemable disasters." The seven-colured sorceress replies in an mildly annoyed voice. "As those you always drag us into."

"An' what's that supposed to mean?" The black-white witch wonders in an offended tone.

"You know what I mean." Alice snaps back, glowering at her mischievious friend with old root-gnawer's etter bound within her eyes.

"Is there strife to be found between wildwood's witch and the great guardian of this town?" You wonder aloud as the venomous silence has lingered for a few moments.

"You cannot imagine." Alice answers you, her expression now one of complete exasperation . "Would you believe that the first time I met Miss Keine I had to fight her because of a stupid prank Marisa pulled."

"Eh, what'cha talkin' 'bout Alice?" Marisa innocently wonders, "It ain't my fault if she misunderstands what a gal is sayin' -ze."

"You told her we wanted to eat the humans in the village, you dolt." The fair dollmaker snaps back, glowering at Marisa, though the witch seems unaffected by the withering glare.

"Well, maybe I did, but maybe I lied too, so it's her fault for lettin' herself be tricked, ain't it -ze?" The black-white witch continues, grinning slyly as she expounds her thoughts in a voice of sweet reason.

"Oh, I give up. In any case, Miss Keine has a very impetuous side to her." Alice finally concludes as she turns back to you, her patience with the forest witch's antics apparently reaching its end. "She won't hesitate to deal harshly with those she suspects of wrongdoing."

"Well yeah, 's true. Though she's not unreasonable, you know. Didn't even keep a grudge that time." The forest witch comments. "Well, not for long at least -ze."

"Bah, you're incorrigible." Alice sighs, though you can see her trying her hardest to suppress a smile.

Your dear dollmaker then takes your arm, a half-smile on her lips for a moment. Yet this happy expression is swiftly shifted as your little fellowship begins to make your way down the streets of this place, replaced by a coolness evident in both her face and posture. Chill, aye, cold mixed with a disdain you can discern in the depths of her eyes.

Strange do you find to see her features frozen into this icy mask, more alike one of her dolls than the emotional woman you have grown to love. Briefly you wonder if discomfort at being in this place truly so great as to warrant this reaction, then your pondering is interrupted by a small shape as the edge of your vision.

You glance sideways at the little doll and are met by a brilliant smile and a reassuring pat on your shoulder. She winks once, and then little Shanghai returns to her place above the dollmaker's shoulder. Calmed by this gesture, you decide to let matters be, for perhaps there lie reasons beyond your knowledge hidden behind your dear dollmaker's actions.

Instead you let your gaze roam, taking in your surroundings for it is a strange place, this town, and though you have a woman fair as Sessrumnir's lady at your side and though you are a man with a purpose, you find your attention drawn away by the slightest details. You see strange lanterns hanging in windows, runes inscribed upon signs and doorposts, and men and women clad in garb similar to the old master's.

And strangely enough, though your clothes, your height and your features should set you apart from the townsfolk, much as the appearance of the norsemen ever brought stares and suspicion from any place no matter how strange, these people seem to give you nothing more than a passing glance before going about their business. The black-white witch, on the other hand, draws both long stares and whispered words. News travel fast it seems.

But this is not all. Faint at first it is, but there is a hint of sorcery in the very air, spells bound within and beyond, as if old Gondlir's runes were carved within every rock and tree around you. Like motes of light a hidden power flows within all men around you, and far beyond your vision you can sense even greater sorcery hidden in several places, all unfamiliar to you.

"Sigurd?" Alice's voice calls out, distorted as if heard from the other end of a long corridor. It is only then that you realize that you've stopped in your tracks, standing in the middle of the road as addle-headed men are known to do.

"There is great power in this place, though hidden behind wood and stone." You answer, the power of your will drawing yourself back from your reverie. In the town around you the magic still lingers, though it now seems to flee your gaze. "Never before have I seen such sorcery bound within soil and stone."

"Truly?" Alice wonders, her expression now one filled with a mix of surprise and wonder. "You can sense the mana here?"

"What 'bout it?" Marisa comments from behind you. "Shouldn't you know that there's a lotta power here, you bein' from a city sect 'an all. Nothin' odd about seein' it if you look hard enough -ze."

"That's irrelevant." Alice quickly replies, still looking puzzled, still scrutinizing you. "Sigurd, were there many magicians in your homeland?"

"There were men who could cast the runes in my homeland," You reply, a bit unsure of the implications of her question. "And those priests and sorcerers who claimed sight to gaze beyond the circle of Midgard, yet I never have counted myself among them."

"So what'cha implyin' Alice? That he really is some archwizard in disguise -ze?" The forest witch interjects, her voice sharp with sarcasm. "It's not the weirdest stuff we've seen him do after all, is it Sigurd?"

"I don't want you of all people accusing me of jumping to conclusions." Alice replies in a slightly annoyed tone, evoking a frown from Marisa, though the forest witch declines to answer the dollmaker's words.

"There are senses outside the arcane that reveal the presence of the subtle powers." The old master calmly comments. "And such eyes can be both one's own ability or a gift recieved."

"Aye, though I am no god nor spirit, old master, and such sight as those possess I cannot claim." You reply, for in truth you had not found it strange why such sight should suddenly be yours, so clear does the answer seem within your mind. "Yet am I not blessed by gods of the north, and can not one such gift be to sense sorcery?"

"Well, I suppose that could be true." Alice replies, then looks up at you, a slight blush colouring her cheeks. "I'm sorry Sigurd, I didn't mean to pry, but sometimes my curiosity gets the better of me."

"No need to apologize if offense has not been taken, dear Alice." You answer her with a warm smile, "For never is wise thought an ill thing. Aye, passing strange is it to witness sights that were hidden, thus are wit and wisdom welcome."

These words bring a smile to Alice's lips, but there still is a hint of unease in her expression. The two of you continue on your path, the forest witch and old master trailing in your wake, yet only a few moments pass before the dollmaker speaks again.

"To be honest, I'm slightly concerned." Alice's voice softly whispers, so faint that you can barely hear it. "I guess it may sound foolish, but I suspect something is happening to you and I can't help feeling this irrational fear. I don't even know what is happening but still I worry."

"Aye, true are your words, for something surely is changing." You reply with a whisper of your own, sensing that your dear dollmaker wishes to keep this trade of words from the ears of others. "I know not why, yet one thing I know, your fears shall not be fulfilled."

Alice's expression slowly shifts into wry amusement as she hears your words, yet her smile is far truer than before. With a sigh and a shake of her head she speaks again. "Honestly Sigurd, I don't know whether you're the fool for saying such hogwash, or I am the fool for believing you."

"Neither of us." You softly reply, earning you another smile, and now you see happiness and trust behind it. A comfortable silence falls over the two of you, no words are now needed as you continue your march towards your goal.

The rest of the journey is uneventful. You hear Marisa and Youki discussing some matter behind you, though you cannot tell of what they speak, and you begin to find a certain familiarity in the sights in this town. In this way you finally find yourself stading before a great hall, one that surely must belong to a great lord of this realm, for it is far too large to serve as only one man's stead.

"Well, here we are." Marisa cheerily comments. "Nice place ain't it -ze?

"Aye, high is the hall and well it will be to meet the thane who is its master, for ever should friendships be forged with the mighty. Thus does every wise man walk his path." You answer her, for seeing this building has convinced you that deciding to meet this guardian was a wise choice.

"I'll go get Keine, you just wait here." The forest witch replies, then walks right in through the front door. Her voice calls out from within, apparently demanding the guardian herself to appear before the witch of wildling wood.

You watch and you wonder, and in so doing again awaken the sight gazing into the realms beyond Midgard's circle. As before spells seem carved into the world itself, yet this is not what you need to see, this you now realize. Instead you focus and limit your sight to the hall towering before you.

There is the golden star making her way though the hall, a familiar figure though of a shape different that you have seen before. With her is one akin to a wispy, white shroud concealing an orb of cracked crystal with an azure light in its heart.

And as you let your gaze sweep further, there is the fire. Bright nearly unto blinding, it is as if Sól herself had stepped down upon the soil of Midgard, as if all the flames of the world had been bound into a single spot. Only moments can you behold it, then your gaze recoils and you are once again watching the world through mundane eyes.

And no sooner than you are again among the ranks of mere mortals you see the door opening and the forest witch skipping out, followed by a tall, shapely woman dressed in blue, and with a long, blue-white mane of hair. Yet the one thing that catches your attention is a piece headgear even greater than that of the high priest of Miklagård. Impressive, this you deem it.

"Hello Alice, I see you have found your outsider." The blue-haired woman says to the mistress of puppets, an odd greeting to your ears until you remember the mages of the forest mentioning that they had sought tha aid of a village guardian.

This trusty thane then turns towards you and watches you in silence for a few moments. From her expression you can glean nothing, but few guardians do you know that would take a liking to armed strangers without good reason. Yet for some reason all her attention seems focused on you, though the old master also carries his blades at his side. Has she not noticed him, or does she recognize Youki?

"Good day to you. I am Keine Kamishirasawa, the guardian of this village." The blue-haired woman then tells, her voice neutral yet inquisitive. She then falls silent, clearly expecting something from you.


[ ] Introduce yourself as... (Pick as many or as few as you want as long as the combination makes sense)
- [ ] The champion of Odin Raven-God, bladesman blessed by Asgard's lords.
- [ ] The trickster's unwilling companion, warrior who has been tasked by Laufey's Son
- [ ] The daemonslayer, one who, with the aid of the gods, defeated the Lady of All Borders
- [ ] The song-smith of the north, weaver of verses and skald of skill.
- [ ] The man who with pride can profess that he loves the forest's fair dollmaker.
- [ ] The traveller, one who has walked many a land and sailed at the side of princes and emperors
- [ ] Something else?
>> No. 20352
[B] Introduce yourself as...
- [b] The traveller, one who has walked many a land and sailed at the side of princes and emperors.
>> No. 20353
Introduce yourself as...
- [X] The song-smith of the north, weaver of verses and skald of skill.
- [X] The man who with pride can profess that he loves the forest's fair dollmaker.
>> No. 20354
[X] The song-smith of the north, weaver of verses and skald of skill.
[X] The man who with pride can profess that he loves the forest's fair dollmaker.

I have this strange feeling that his pride will be his downfall in the end. I sure hope I'm wrong.
>> No. 20355
[X] The song-smith of the north, weaver of verses and skald of skill.

We shouldn't overdo it here.
>> No. 20356
[X] Introduce yourself as...
- [X] The song-smith of the north, weaver of verses and skald of skill.

This should get Keine's attention while being somewhat humble.
>> No. 20357
[X] Introduce yourself as...
- [X] The song-smith of the north, weaver of verses and skald of skill.

I agree.

And it's about time Norseman! Don't do it again!
>> No. 20358
[X] Introduce yourself as...
- [X] The song-smith of the north, weaver of verses and skald of skill.
>> No. 20359
[x] Introduce yourself as...
- [x] The song-smith of the north, weaver of verses and skald of skill.
- [x] The man who with pride can profess that he loves the forest's fair dollmaker.
Let's see Alice blush.
>> No. 20365
[x] The song-smith of the north, weaver of verses and skald of skill.

Humility is good, here. We are trying to get her approval, not to establish dominance. You don't get a suspicious dog to like you by yelling at it.

Also, absolutely sexy picture. Thank you.

>There is the golden star making her way though the hall, a familiar figure though of a shape different that you have seen before. With her is one akin to a wispy, white shroud concealing an orb of cracked crystal with an azure light in its heart.
Marisa and Keine, right? Odd description for Keine, though.

>And as you let your gaze sweep further, there is the fire. Bright nearly unto blinding, it is as if Sól herself had stepped down upon the soil of Midgard, as if all the flames of the world had been bound into a single spot. Only moments can you behold it, then your gaze recoils and you are once again watching the world through mundane eyes.
Sup Mokou
>> No. 20370
[X] Introduce yourself as...
- [X] The song-smith of the north, weaver of verses and skald of skill.
>> No. 20373
[X] Introduce yourself as...
- [X] The song-smith of the north, weaver of verses and skald of skill.
>> No. 20375
Right, I think I can call the vote now. Writing is commencing.
>> No. 20381
>>20375
Hooray!
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x