- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 17932)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 125306144288.jpg - (17.35KB, 335x504, dsc_4142_bamboo_forest_500.jpg) [iqdb]
17932 No. 17932
[x] Try to dodge the biting lights until your friends show up.

That wouldn't be any good. You'll dodge the dots until they show up.

You keep shooting the danmaku. Not a whole lot, but enough to keep the other dots busy. And by switching between a few patterns, you can make them turn into the wrong color for a bit. Up and down are fairly easy directions to dodge into, but just doing that won't work. You'll have to go in other directions eventually. They seem to be catching on.

It's not too difficult, if you get closer to the ground. You just have to watch the bits of trees that you can see, and pay attention to where your dots are. Or the other dots. It's slow at first, very slow. But, they still can't follow you when you move up and down a lot, so you have some time to practice. Eventually, you're going in all directions. They're fast, but it looks like they can't move very far before slowing down.

“Hehehe...”

They're having fun, too. Well, if you're both having fun, this'll be even better.





“Oh, hey!”

Eventually, you hear Medicine's voice. After dodging a light ball, you turn to look. Everyone except Rumia is here now, with Wriggle in the lead.

“We made it, lost no more~”

“... it figures that you'd find your way through this crazy place first.”

The last one is Wriggle. She doesn't sound too happy.

“So, what are they?” She asks, “All I see is your danmaku.”

“Watch~”

Then, you stop the danmaku. 8 dots are still there, blinking in a rainbow color. They go yellow soon enough, though, looking like the first time you saw them. One rushes at you, and you dodge. Straight back.

“Huh. It's not danmaku, then.”

“Or a fire,” Mystia says, no longer singing. “I didn't think it was after we saw your danmaku, but...”

“They're biting flies, I think,” You say, dodging another. “Maybe?”

“They're not flies,” Wriggle says, moving a little closer. “I don't really know what they are, though.”

“Hehehehe...”

She moves closer yet, causing one to break off from the swarm and land on her arm.

“Ah! Why, you...!”

… and bite. It leaves, and blinks away. Right after that, you start to see little streamers of danmaku form. Wriggle's danmaku, you think.

[ ] If they're blown away, you'll never know. Right? Try to stop her.
[ ] Well, it's been fun. It's over now, though. Help her.
[ ] Something else (write-in).
Expand all images
>> No. 17933
[ ] Well, it's been fun. It's over now, though. Help her.
>> No. 17934
[x] Well, it's been fun. It's over now, though. Help her.
>> No. 17935
[x] Get everyone to start shooting danmaku.

HERES OUR CHANCE FOR AN ALL-OUT ATTACK!
>> No. 17936
[X] If they're blown away, you'll never know. Right? Try to stop her.

Curious youkai is curious.
>> No. 17937
[x] Well, it's been fun. It's over now, though. Help her.
>> No. 17942
[X] Well, it's been fun. It's over now, though. Help her.
>> No. 17949
File 125312824868.png - (399.37KB, 600x467, 838386-all_out_super.png) [iqdb]
17949
>>17935
[x] Get everyone to start shooting danmaku.

GET BACK HERE YOU SON OF A
>> No. 17951
>>17949
[x]Get everyone to start shooting danmaku

Countering talking danmaku with danmaku? FLAWLESS LOGIC
>> No. 17952
Well, I guess now we know why it's called the Bamboo Forest of the Lost.

[ℤℯ] Well, it's been fun. It's over now, though. Help her.
>> No. 17953
Fighting with homework today left me drained, so I went and goofed off. I'll update tomorrow instead of doing a mini update tonight.

Sorry for all the delays recently. Hopefully, I'll get stuff squared away soon. Bear with me.
>> No. 17965
File 125322334140.jpg - (23.10KB, 300x300, WSPA-asiatic-black-bear.jpg) [iqdb]
17965
>>17953
Can do.


That was horrible, and I apologize.
>> No. 17966
[x] Well, it's been fun. It's over now, though. Help her.

Well, that's that. You won't be dancing around in the night with the lights any more with Wriggle shooting them, so... you'll help. There's no way your side won't win with so many bullets.

You start up your rainbow pattern, but it looks ugly. The two don't look good at the same time. When it's one against the other and you're in the middle of both, it's nice, but... it doesn't look good from the outside. Ugly. But, maybe if you change it a little? The scared one might look good mixed in.

You try it. It's much nicer.

“Ooh, pretty,” You hear Mystia say, “When did you guys make that up?”

Wriggle laughs, looking at you. “We didn't. You're full of surprises, aren't you?”

You... don't know what to say, so you give her a curious look. Is making things look good surprising? Back to the danmaku, though.

The pattern doesn't need to last long. One pattern (two? You're not sure how it works when you have two people shooting) is enough to make all the lights disappear. There's enough colors that they can't hide, you think, and after you both stop there's none left.

“Annoying,” Wriggle says, after the last bullet fades away. “I bet that hurt th---”

Wriggle slaps her arm. You see a light flare up right as she does, a little bit above her hand. It vanishes before she can grab it, causing the night to go dark again.

“So, we don't know what it is?” Mystia asks, flying closer. “Does anyone win, then?”

“Well, Phobe was kind of right,” Wriggle says, sounding a little angry at first. She's looking hard for something, “It was some new flying thing.”

“Hum,” Medicine says, “I was sure I'd be right...”

“Well, even if I lost, it was worth it to see that~” Mystia says, “It's really cool when two people make good danmaku.”

Wriggle laughs again, “Haha, yeah. It's hard, too. I wasn't expecting that.”

“Hard?” You ask, not getting it. “But, it wasn't hard...”

“It is,” Wriggle says, “Or maybe it's more like a skill? Anyway, I've never made a good one with someone else.”

Mystia flies in front of you two, then turns around. “Me either~”

“Huh. I didn't even know you could do that,” Medicine says, “I thought that was the pattern.”

“Well, Phobe,” Wriggle says, “What're you going to have us do?”

“Hmm?”

“You won.” She continues, “So you can have us do something.”

[ ] Something? Like (write-in)?
[ ] Does it have to be today? You're kinda tired.
[ ] Rumia isn't here, though. So, maybe you should wait.
>> No. 17967
[x] Rumia isn't here, though. So, maybe you should wait.

Yeah we should wait for her regardless.
>> No. 17968
[x] Rumia isn't here, though. So, maybe you should wait.
>> No. 17975
[x] Rumia isn't here, though. So, maybe you should wait.
>> No. 17976
[x] Rumia isn't here, though. So, maybe you should wait.
>> No. 17977
[x] Rumia isn't here, though. So, maybe you should wait.
>> No. 17978
[x] Rumia isn't here, though. So, maybe you should wait.

“Rumia, too?” You ask, looking around, “She's not here, though. Maybe we should wait?”

“Wasn't she with you?” Wriggle asks, “At least, it looked like you two were together. Not that that means much in this place.”

“We were, then we weren't.” You say, “Then I found out how it worked and got here.”

Wriggle laughs. “We probably won't be seeing her for a while, then.”

“Hmm? Why not?”

“For one, there's no lights to follow,” Wriggle says, motioning around. “And she's probably having just as much fun flying around.”

You can imagine that. The two of you were having fun earlier, and she's probably still racing...

Wait.

“Is she lost?”

“Probably.”

Huh. Lost, especially here, might be kind of fun. You might come back tomorrow, just to get lost and see what you find. But... if you won't be seeing her for a while, you wonder if you should wait.

“She'll show up tomorrow, like she always does,” Mystia says, “So we might not want to wait~”

[ ] You'll wait to tomorrow to make them do things, then.
[ ] You'll give Rumia her's tomorrow. For the people here, though... (write-in).
[ ] Something else.
>> No. 17979
[x] You'll wait to tomorrow to make them do things, then.

Better to do it when they're all together and energetic.
>> No. 17980
[x] You'll wait to tomorrow to make them do things, then.
>> No. 17981
[x] You'll wait to tomorrow to make them do things, then.
>> No. 17982
Come on guys, vote. 40 or so people on IRC, can't tell me you are too busy.
>> No. 17983
[x] You'll wait to tomorrow to make them do things, then.
>> No. 17984
[x] You'll wait to tomorrow to make them do things, then.
[x] You'll search for Rumia some, though. You're worried about her.
>> No. 17986
[x] You'll wait to tomorrow to make them do things, then.

“Ok,” You say, “Let's wait, then.”

“For?”

“For everyone to be together,” You say. “That way I can say it to everyone at once.”

“Eh, I guess that's fine,” Wriggle says, “Let's get out of here, then. I don't like this place.”

“I don't like it either,” Medicine adds, “it's annoying.”

“I like it, though,” You say, laughing. “It's fun.”

“You want to lead?” Wriggle asks, “It sounds like you're good at it.”

You nod. “Ok. I think you all have to stay close, though...”

It's slow going, making sure that you get out of this forest and back to the other one, but it's not too hard. The strange moving was just really bad when you got close to those lights. Past that, it isn't as crazy. You wonder if there's other spots in the forest like that? Maybe you'll find them later.

“It's not crazy anymore,” You say, once straight actually is straight again. Looking down, the trees look a little more normal. “So, we're out?”

“Yeah,” Wriggle says, “The edge.”

“Aahh, that was fun,” Medicine says, “Do you guys do this every night?”

“Not really~”

Mystia stops singing after that last line. “Sometimes we do, though.” She pauses. “I think... I'm tired.”

“Uh-huh,” Medicine says, “Me, too. That fight at the end was exciting, but I think it's wearing off.”

“And it wasn't raining too hard, so that was nice.”

“...yeah,” Wriggle says, “I guess it wasn't too bad. This was worth going out, I think.”

Hmm.

[ ] You're kind of tired, too. Sleep time.
[ ] Something else? (write-in)
>> No. 17987
[x] You're kind of tired, too. Sleep time.

I wonder if we crossed into the border or not (I heard one can get lost there)

And I hope Rumia's doing alright, either than or I smell a rescue operation.
>> No. 17989
[B] You're kind of tired, too. Sleep time.
>> No. 18001
[x] You're kind of tired, too. Sleep time.
>> No. 18003
[x] You're kind of tired, too. Sleep time.
>> No. 18007
[x] You're kind of tired, too. Sleep time.

You could use some sleep, too.

“So, that's it for tonight?” Wriggle asks.

You nod, while Medicine and Mystia agree. “Yeah, I'm going to go to sleep~” Mystia says, giving a quick wave. “I'll see you tomorrow.”

“It's... this way, right?” Medicine asks you, pointing in a direction. “Miss Lily.”

You nod. “Yep.”

“Oh good,” Medicine says, “I thought it was, but I was just making sure. This was fun. See you guys tomorrow~”

“Are you heading off, too?” Wriggle asks

You nod. “I'm tired. I want to sleep.”

“Well, I'll see you later,” She says. Then, remembering something she adds, “Oh, yeah! It looks like the humans will be back tomorrow. They were talking about it at the bar earlier.”

You sigh. “So, I have to hide again...?”

“They'll probably give up after a few days if they can't find you. But, hiding tomorrow would probably be a good idea.”

You don't like the idea, but it's there. You'll probably listen to it. And, it's not like the forest is the only place to be. Outside of it was really cool, too.

“Ok,” You say, before leaving. “See you tomorrow~”

You make your way back to your hole. It's all the way on the other side of this forest, so it takes a little while... and when you get there, you're not just tired. You're really tired. It doesn't take long to fall asleep.


...

[ ] Timeskip to the next night.
[ ] Timeskip to next week.
[ ] No timeskip.
==============================================
A little explanation on this. I've set up something resembling a plot, but it needs time to occur. If you're getting bored with the current story, advance it by a week. If you're not, don't advance it. If you're bored, but still want to do the punishment game, vote for the first one. I'll give another timeskip option block like this after that segment resolves.
>> No. 18008
[x] No timeskip.

I have no problems with it.

But I wonder how Keine's efforts are going...
>> No. 18010
[x] No timeskip.
I hate timeskips, you miss all the fun and get a summary.
>> No. 18012
[X] Timeskip to next week.
>> No. 18013
[X] Timeskip to next week.
>> No. 18014
[x] No timeskip.
>> No. 18015
[X] Timeskip to next week.
>> No. 18016
[x] Timeskip to next week.

Plot would be very nice.
>> No. 18017
[0] Timeskip to next week.
>> No. 18018
[x] No timeskip.
>> No. 18020
[B] Timeskip to next week.
>> No. 18021
[X] No timeskip.
>> No. 18022
[ ] Timeskip to the next night.
>> No. 18023
[X] Timeskip to the next night.
>> No. 18024
[x] Timeskip to next week.
>> No. 18027
[x] Timeskip to next week.
>> No. 18028
[x] No timeskip.

Why hurry?
>> No. 18031
[x] No timeskip.
So hasty.
>> No. 18032
>>18010
I don't really like them much, either, to be honest. There's probably a better way to go about it, but... well, I'm not good enough to see it. So we'll just skip ahead, since it looks like most people are bored. Writing now, but I'm between classes so it might take a little while.
>> No. 18033
>>18032
This is like the First part of Umineko, piss boring for the most parts, but really necassary for the next parts.
>> No. 18035
[x] Timeskip to next week.





Many things happen in the next week. Even though Wriggle said that the humans would come back to the forest the next day, they didn't. Something happened that night, but you're not sure what. It's almost like all the humans forgot that you killed that boy once. He's back now, though; you saw him when you were exploring the village yesterday. Keine didn't know anything, either, but... maybe she did. The way she didn't know some things, but knew others, was kind of weird.

You went and explored a lot of other places, too. Met new people. There was Cirno and that gate guard at the lake, Tewi in that strange other forest, that one person who lives in the house with the dolls (although she kicked you out. You'll “knock” next time.), that firey lady that ate with you...

You found some nice places, too, and some nice things. Like this fuzzy blanket that you slept on last night. Rinnosuke gave it to you, since you traded him something weird that you found on the ground for it. It was a box with a clear circle on one side, and a black square on the other one. A camera, you think he said? He told you what it did, too, but you didn't really get it.

You've gotten a little better at danmaku, but not too much. And you learned that you should come up with some names for your patterns, but... you don't think you want to. Not yet, anyway. They're not things with a name, so they shouldn't have one. At least, that's what you think.

Last night was fun, though. All of you were playing cards, and you won a few times. Old maid, you think the game was called. You had to get pairs of cards, and, if you had the one without a pair at the end, you lost. Rumia lost one, and Wriggle, and Medicine, but you didn't lose at all.

*drip* *drip*

...it's still raining, though. The streams are getting full, and there's lots of puddles all over the place. It's nice, but the sun is nice, too. You kind of wish it would come back.

The rain is kind of boring, but tonight is going to be exciting. Wriggle said that there's a party, or something like that, at the shrine. Even though Reimu is supposed to be mean, everyone wants to go. You don't know what the party is about, but... you want to go, too. Komachi made them sound really fun.

You're not sure what to do until then, though. Mystia isn't awake yet... she never is, not this early. You still don't know where Rumia goes in the day. Wriggle will be sleeping and crabby, if you wake her up. Cirno or Medicine might be awake, though.

You could always just wander around, too. Like you usually do.

[ ] Try to find Cirno.
[ ] Try to find Medicine.
[ ] Try to find them both? That'd be lots of fun.
[ ] Wander around (write-in a location, or just wander aimlessly).
>> No. 18036
[x] Try to find them both? That'd be lots of fun.

See this is what you impatient folks did, we missed out on some interesting meetings.

If you want plot so badly, read something else, some of us like Slice of life, meeting various Touhous and so forth.
>> No. 18038
[ ] Wander around. Go to visit Yuka, ask if she will go to the party.
>> No. 18039
[x] Go hang out at the Hakurei shrine, maybe there's something interesting going on there.
>> No. 18040
[ ] Wander around. Go to visit Yuka, ask if she will go to the party.
>> No. 18042
[x] Wander around. Go to visit Yuka, ask if she will go to the party.


Augh, we missed meeting mokou and meiling? Auuuuugggghharrbblgh

consolation yuka
>> No. 18043
>>18036

We missed out on events that would probably be postponed for a an unkown amount of time. We wouldn't be that adventurous. It would also take a long time to do them all, a few months probably.
>If you want plot so badly, read something else, some of us like Slice of life

The problem with Slice of Life stories, is not the lack of a 'plot', but the lack of an ending. Such stories could go on and on undefinetly. The plot exists not only to make things more interessing, but to make things finite. WUIG had 60+ threads. What's going to prevent this story from becoming even longer?

[ ] Wander around. Go to visit Yuka, ask if she will go to the party.
>> No. 18044
>>18042
timeskips are bad and you should feel bad.
>> No. 18045
>>18043

Even these small meetings are a form of character development for little Youkai. It's not like a basic CYOA lead where his character is basically set.

Most folks reading this enjoy the little moments like we've been seeing.

And chances are we might have choosen to wander off somewhere the first day or so and ended up at the mansion or bamboo forest and seen the resulting character development and dynamics.

>>18044

So true, it might be one thing to skip over truly boring events, but little events like that make this story the way that it is.

I wanted major plot chunks, I'd check in on Norseman's story or such.

the meeting with Cirno and Meiling would have been a rather notable scene; a fellow low ranking being, and a mothery figure.
>> No. 18046
[ ℤℯ] Wander around. Go to visit Yuka, ask if she will go to the party.

I'm sad at having missed Mokou.
>> No. 18048
>>18045
Obviously, people got bored. But it is sad because we missed some fun things

>You went and explored a lot of other places, too. Met new people. There was Cirno and that gate guard at the lake, Tewi in that strange other forest, that one person who lives in the house with the dolls (although she kicked you out. You'll “knock” next time.), that firey lady that ate with you...

Well, nothing we can do anymore about it.
>> No. 18049
Think we could get a short thing on character dyanamics?

Since other than Alice, we don't don't know how Cirno, Tewi, Meiling or Mokou regard us exactly.
>> No. 18053
>>18045
I'll try writing them up as shorts sometime. I liked them, too.

>>18049
Sure. I'll take care of it tomorrow, along with the update.
>> No. 18055
>>18045
>Meiling
>mothery figure

What?
>> No. 18056
>>18055

She isn't always characterized entirely by being lazy.
>> No. 18057
>>18055
GM did that with Meiling and Cirno.
>> No. 18058
>>18056
kinda like justifying someone portraying mokou as a social animal by saying "she's not always characterized as a complete loner"
>> No. 18059
>>18058

Except 'maternal' and 'lazy' are not antonyms, while 'hermit' and 'gadfly' certainly are.
>> No. 18068
>>18057

Also in many fanworks it shows her being a mother or big sister figure to Flandre as well as Cirno at least if not team 9.

Also fan materials including CYOAs are moving away from "Meiling's a useless gate guard only good for her sex appeal" to a mix of "unlucky victim of Marisa's blitzes" and "Nice big sister figure of the SDM"

Since one thing that is highly consistant in most works is that she's the nicest resident of the household. (If she's pissed at you, then you REALLY fucked up... and not long for this world)

>>18058

Well Mokou has a few friends at most, Keine being one of them. Other than that I doubt she'd reveal much about herself to most folks.
>> No. 18071
>>18059
They might as well be, and thank you for completely missing the point in order to point out a trivial technicality. I'm sure you did very well in high school debate, but see, this is neither high school nor does anyone really care how good you are at splitting hairs.

Just to clarify my previous post
>parallel example in order to illustrate why imo it's not ok to apply unrelated personality traits to a character with the argument that there isn't any single set-in-stone interpretation of the character. Involves slight exaggeration, mild offensive language and mild sexual content, viewer discretion is advised.
>> No. 18072
>>18071
you are a very silly person
>> No. 18073
>>18071

What a cute sophistry. I'd say between the two of us, you were the one who captained the debate team.
>> No. 18077
>>18073
>generic insult followed by obvious change of topic

Saw that one coming
I'm going to go with the same argument I've been using since grade one, since thus far it's proved infallible.

You started it.
>> No. 18078
File 125364640555.png - (182.79KB, 944x2955, ur a faget.png) [iqdb]
18078
>>base-level personal jabs clothed in complexity
>> No. 18081
>>18078
>Thinly veiled attempts to draw attention away from a lost argument accompanied by hypocritical accusations

Ok I'm done, have to go to work. It was nice chatting with you
>> No. 18082
This is all immaterial anyway. If we really want to find a motherly figure for Phobe, we need to look into introducing her to Byakuren.
>> No. 18084
[X] Wander around. Go to visit Yuka, ask if she will go to the party.

>>18071
>>18077
>>18078
>>18081
>using greentext to argue
You both lose. In fact, everyone loses.

>>18082
Phobe already has a mother figure... in an alternate universe.
>>82427
>> No. 18087
>>18084
>Phobe already has a mother figure... in an alternate universe.
>>82427

I think you are missing something. And if we want a mother figure for Phobe, we would have to wait until it's winter.
>> No. 18089
>>Phobe already has a mother figure...
>> 404 Not Found

.....
Th... that wasn't funny ;_;

Also, Yuuka.
>> No. 18090
>>18081
>>18084

Actually, I'm a different person, so yeah.
UR A FAGET
>> No. 18093
I'll, uh... update tomorrow. Or maybe later tonight, I don't know. Sorry. I've got two large assignments due on friday (I previously thought I had one), so I need to get to work. It all depends on how easily this first one falls into place, really.

I did write up this part, though.
==============================================
Cirno: I've only played with her twice, but she's really fun. She likes to make things frozen, or cold, and play with humans. Not the youkai-and-human game, but other ones... where you try to do something funny to them. Like make the ground slippery so that they fall, or flick them with tiny bits of ice until they start to go a little crazy. Of course, you have to hide the whole time. She sleeps during the night, though, so she doesn't eat or play at the stand. I wish she did. But, that's good, too. That way I don't have to wait until night to play with her, like I do with Wriggle.

Tewi: I didn't really talk to her much. When I went back to the forest, we met for a little bit, and she tried to get me to "buy" something... but, I didn't have any payment. So I couldn't buy it. It sounded really neat, though.

Gate guard: I met her when I was playing with Cirno. She was sleeping, so we flicked little things at her to try and get her to wake up. It took a big piece, as big as my finger, to wake her up. We ran away, because she made a scary yell when she did.

Firey lady: She's not actually firey, but she can shoot fire. I think. We talked a little bit, but she was there with Kiene and they were talking to each other mostly. She didn't play afterwards, either, but she seemed like a fun person to be around... if I was her friend, like Keine was. I don't think she thought I was interesting.
>> No. 18111
[x] Wander around. Go to visit Yuuka, ask if she will go to the party.

Like... towards the flower field. Yuuka is usually there in the morning, and you're kind of curious if she's going or not. Parties are better with more people, according to Wriggle. It'd be nice if Yuuka went.

You start heading there. You don't even need to pay attention to the direction much, now... there's a path that you can follow, if you watch the trees, that'll take you to the right place. You've been noticing them a lot lately. You guess it's easy to get lost in a place like this for humans, but... not for you.

You get there in a little while, not seeing anything really strange along the way. The flowers are all here like always. The puddles around keep getting bigger, but it's the same. And, if you walk into the field and look around...

“Back again?”

… and then look behind you, she'll be there. You smile.

“Yep.”

She nods, and takes to looking after her flowers.

“Are you going to the party tonight?” You ask, walking a little closer. “Wriggle says it's better if lots of people go.”

She doesn't answer for a little bit. You're about to ask another question, when...

“Hmm. So, there's a party at the shrine later, is there?”

You nod. “Uh huh.”

“I might drop by. It's been a while since I've been to one.”

She returns to her flowers.

[ ] Continue talking, about nothing in particular.
[ ] Continue talking, about something specific (write-in).
[ ] Something else (write-in).
>> No. 18114
>We ran away, because she made a scary yell when she did.
JAOOOOOO

[X] Continue talking, about nothing in particular.

Shootin' the breeze with Yuuka.
>> No. 18115
[ ] Continue talking, about nothing in particular.
>> No. 18118
[x] Continue talking, about nothing in particular.
>> No. 18122
[ ] Continue talking, about something specific.
--[X] Does she like parties?
--[X] Tell her about the living danmaku and the bamboo forest
--[X] Does she visit the forest?
--[X] Does she want to play something?
>> No. 18124
>>18118
[x]Ask her what she talks about with the flowers

Idle chatter is a good way to get our face kicked in. Again.
>> No. 18127
>>18124

I doubt it, just as long as our power doesn't start up, since she maimed us because our power was freaking out the flowers.
>> No. 18138
>>18127
If you were trying to talk with something, human or otherwise, and someone kept interrupting for no real reason, most people would politely ask you to leave
Yuka is so mild-mannered and polite she'll simply stand there and be too shy to do anything about it
... Right?

She maimed us because we were being annoying
>> No. 18139
>>18138

No, she maimed us because we were harshing the mellow of her flowers, and she said as much.

>Yuka is so mild-mannered and polite

Akyuu says she is. Which is pretty remarkable given her doom-singing.
>> No. 18144
>>18138

She asked nicely, we refused, many times. When diplomacy fails, what do you do?
>> No. 18145
[x] Continue talking, about nothing in particular.

You know, you've always wondered...

“What are you saying to them?” You ask, leaning a little to the right to get a better view. “I can't hear.”

She laughs. “Not much. I'm mostly listening.”

You frown. “I can't hear that, either.”

“Maybe you're not listening hard enough?”

Not listening hard enough? Maybe that's it. Can you even listen harder than listening? You lean in close to the nearest flower, with your ear pointed towards it. If you're closer, it should be louder. But, you just hear the rain and the little bit of air moving by. Your breathing. You stay like this for a little while, until a lot of wind blows and knocks the flower into your head.

“You're too close,” Yuuka says, now behind you. You turn around, and see her... very close. If the wind blew on her, she's probably hit you, too. You lean back a little bit without thinking. Too close. Being further apart is good.

You get a tiny portion of a smile from Yuuka, who then turns around and walks away. Off towards a different bunch of flowers. “They don't know what to talk about,” She says.

Huh. You don't, either... so you can just ask things.

“What's it like being a flower?”

You say the first thing that comes to mind, and listen. The flower... doesn't say anything. But you can imagine what it would say. Something like 'Oh, it's pretty nice,', or 'I wish I could run sometimes, but I like it'.

You laugh a little bit. Maybe that's it? Maybe you're supposed to listen to that head voice, and it does the talking? You thought it was you, but maybe it's other things, too.

“Do you like all the rain?”

'Want more sun'.

You pretend chat with the flowers for a while about random things, and, when turn to look... Yuuka is gone.

“So, where'd she go?”

'To see our friends.'

So, she's seeing other flowers. You wonder where?

[ ] Maybe you could find out, and go there. Ask.
[ ] Maybe you'll go see your friends, too. (Write-in as to which one(s)).
[ ] That's fine. This is fun.
>> No. 18146
[ ] That's fine. This is fun.
>> No. 18147
[ ] That's fine. This is fun.
>> No. 18148
>>18144
Break down and cry, mostly
>> No. 18154
File 125386928884.jpg - (98.08KB, 630x805, 00b827a8d1745f4c893142e6262db2d5.jpg) [iqdb]
18154
>> No. 18155
[d] That's fine. This is fun.
>> No. 18157
[ ] That's fine. This is fun.
>> No. 18159
[x] That's fine. This is fun.
>> No. 18161
[x] That's fine. This is fun.

Either way, it's fine. You want to stay here and talk to these flowers for a while.

“Oh. So, do you guys have any good stories?”

Yes, they do. But...

'You, first.'

“Hmm. Well, once, I went to a big red building...”

You tell them about that time you went by the red house on the lake. It's not a long story, and you don't say it as well as someone else would, but they like it. And, after that, they give you one.

It's kind of a weird story, about how there was a fuzzy animal running around today. Then, one of them caught it. It was kind of tasty. Most of the time, animals don't come in here, or people, so it gets boring. Yuuka does, but that's pretty much it. Oh, and the weather is kind of weird. It's been raining everywhere at once. Isn't that strange?

“Is it?”

Yep. It doesn't happen a lot. So maybe something is happening?

You feel a bit of a weird feeling. Your hair... it's floating? Even though it's all wet, it's floating up a little bit. And it's kind of tingly, like may---

KKKSSSHHHH!

“Wah!”

Behind you, the world explodes. At least, that's what it sounds and looks like. Light and sound, all at the same time. You turn around to get a look, and see the forest behind you, but... it's a little orange. The closest tree is, anyway, at the top.

'What was that?'

'Scary~'

You decide to go take a look, after telling the flowers that you're going to. Up into the air, and over. It's... that fire stuff, like what Mystia has in her stand or what that fiery lady might have done with her hand. What's it doing on a tree? It's only a little bit, maybe as big as your head. Part of the tree fell off, too.

[ ] Weird. Watch it for a while.
[ ] Fire burns things, so maybe it's... bad? Do something about it (write-in).
[ ] Something else (write-in).
>> No. 18162
[x] Weird. Watch it for a while.
>> No. 18163
[X] Play with it.

What could possibly go wrong?
>> No. 18164
[x] Fire burns things, so maybe it's... bad?
{X} What if it gets near the flowers?!
{X} Find Yuka, She'll know what to do
>> No. 18165
[X] Fire burns things, so maybe it's... bad? Do something about it.
[X] Turn your youkai on. See if you can make the fire want to leave.
>> No. 18166
[X] Fire burns things, so maybe it's... bad? Do something about it.
[X] Turn your youkai on. See if you can make the fire want to leave.
>> No. 18167
>[X] Turn your youkai on. See if you can make the fire want to leave.

That'...incredibly stupid. And you will end up pissing off the flowers and Yuuka will be mad at you, again.

[x] Fire burns things, so maybe it's... bad?
{X} What if it gets near the flowers?!
{X} Find Yuka, She'll know what to do
>> No. 18168
[x] Fire burns things, so maybe it's... bad?
{X} What if it gets near the flowers?!
{X} Find Yuka, She'll know what to do
>> No. 18171
>>18166
>>18167
[X] Fire burns things, so maybe it's... bad? Do something about it.
[X] Turn your youkai on. See if you can make the fire want to leave.

I'm sorry, this option is just too awesome for words. Can't resist. Don't want to resist. Not even trying. Lets tie up this vote.
>> No. 18172
[~] Fire burns things, so maybe it's... bad?
[ℤ] What if it gets near the flowers?!
[ℯ] Find Yuka, She'll know what to do.

>>18171
No.
>> No. 18173
[X] Fire burns things, so maybe it's... bad? Do something about it.
[X] Turn your youkai on. See if you can make the fire want to leave.

Why don't you just go burn somewhere else, man?
>> No. 18174
(x) Fire burns things, so maybe it's... bad?
[X] What if it gets near the flowers?!
{X} Find Yuka, She'll know what to do

>[X] Turn your youkai on. See if you can make the fire want to leave.

Fire don't have a will, nor feelings and emotions to scramble. THis is doomed to failure.
>> No. 18179
[x] Fire burns things, so maybe it's... bad?
{X} What if it gets near the flowers?!
{X} Find Yuka, She'll know what to do
{x} Or Cirno, since doesn't water put out fire?
>> No. 18181
[B] Fire burns things, so maybe it's... bad?
[B] What if it gets near the flowers?!
[B] Find Yuka, She'll know what to do.
>> No. 18187
[x] Fire burns things, so maybe it's... bad?
]x] What if it gets near the flowers?!
[x] Find Yuka, She'll know what to do

Fire is... hot. It burns things. That's why meat goes from read to brown when you put it on, and, if it's on for too long, it turns to black. The stuff in the bottom, too, gets eaten by the fire and turns more black and white as it turns to dust.

So, what does it do to the top of a tree? How did it get up here? Normally, it's stuck in a box, and burns everything inside. If there is no box, is that... bad? Then it can burn everything forever, right?

It's starting to creep down the tree, a little bit. You need to stop it. What if it goes towards the flowers? They won't be pretty when they turn black. The forest, either. It's not good it it crumbles to black dust. But what can you do? It's fire. It's too hot to touch. Mystia just lets it burn everything inside the box, but...

Maybe Yuuka will know what to do? Maybe this happened before. You fly down to the flowers.

“A-ah, which way did Yuuka go?”

'That way. Bad things?'

Which wa--- oh. They're leaning a little bit, aren't they? Towards further in the field.

“Maybe...”

'Come back sometime~'

You nod, and go up into the air. It's easier to see, and you won't be bumping into flowers the entire way. Where is she? They said this way, but you don't see her. Maybe she came by here, and she moved? You go back down and ask.

'That way.'

They lean in the same direction, the same way that the wind is going. Wait. Maybe they're being moved by the wind? They can't point, since they're flowers, but you thought they were...

Maybe they are, though? You can see pretty far, but maybe she's even farther? The flowers go on for a long ways.

[ ] Keep going.
[ ] Something else(write-in).
>> No. 18189
[ ] Keep going.
>> No. 18190
[x] Keep going.
>> No. 18191
[x] Keep going.
>> No. 18194
[ℤℯ] Fly higher for a wider view.
>> No. 18195
[x] Keep going.

Well, if they're wrong, you can just come back. So you keep going.

...but, the further you go, the more flowers you see. And not a single flower youkai. Just...flowers. Lots of them. And some little hills, and...

...the end. Black. The field stops, and there's nothing. Where did the flowers go? Is this like that forest, and you just turned without knowing it? Nothing but a lot of black, with little bits of stuff in it. It's not dark; you can still see your hands, and your legs, but it's black. You don't think you should be here. It's a bad place.

You turn around, and try to go back, but there's only black in that direction. Blackness and specks of stuff, like in every direction. Bad. But, there's no way to get out, is there? Only black. If you move into black, it'll still be black. Unless it isn't. You didn't move into it in the first place, so...

[ ] Try to head back. Even if it doesn't look like it, you might be able to get out.
[ ] What are those specks? Try to move towards one.
[ ] Keep heading in the direction the flowers told you.
>> No. 18196
[x] Try to head back. Even if it doesn't look like it, you might be able to get out.
>> No. 18197
[x] Keep heading in the direction the flowers told you.
>> No. 18198
[x] Keep heading in the direction the flowers told you.
>> No. 18200
[x] Keep heading in the direction the flowers told you.
>> No. 18203
[ ] What are those specks? Try to move towards one.

Interessing.
>> No. 18206
[x]Fly straight up. See if you can find yuka from the air.
>> No. 18222
Sorry, no update today. Will resume tomorrow. I ended up going on a roll with homework, and lost track of time.
>> No. 18236
[x] Keep heading in the direction the flowers told you.

Well, it doesn't matter. You'll keep heading forward. They've got to be right.

It doesn't even feel like you're moving when you go forward. Nothing is moving. None of the dots are moving at all, and the black isn't moving... nothing.

Wait.

What's that?

A house? Maybe. It's pretty far in front of you. If you get closer...

...yeah, it's a house. A big one. Like that big red one that you and Cirno went to, but different. First, it's floating in a weird black place instead of on a hill by the lake. There's a wall, and green stuff/flowers inside the wall, and someone by the gate. It's not red, though, and it's a little smaller you think. Maybe this is where Yuuka is?

There's no bushes to hide behind, though, so you can't play with the gate guard. Not like last time, at least.

[ ] Fly over. Then, you can just go inside.
[ ] Maybe you should say hi, first.
[ ] Fly under. What does the underneath of a house look like?
[ ] Something else (write-in)
>> No. 18237
[X] Maybe you should say hi, first.
>> No. 18238
[ ] Fly under. What does the underneath of a house look like?

......
>> No. 18240
[x] Maybe she knows where Yuuka is. Ask her.
>> No. 18242
[x] Maybe she knows where Yuuka is. Ask her.
>> No. 18246
>>18238

fffffffff

[x] Maybe she knows where Yuuka is. Ask her
>> No. 18252
[x] Maybe she knows where Yuuka is. Ask her.
>> No. 18253
[B] Maybe she knows where Yuuka is. Ask her.
>> No. 18254
[x] Maybe she knows where Yuuka is. Ask her.
>> No. 18278
[x] Maybe she knows where Yuuka is. Ask her.

Maybe she knows where Yuuka is, though. You could always just ask her.

“Hi,” You say, flying closer to the gate. “Have you seen Yuuka?”

As you say that, the person sitting there springs to life. One minute, she was sitting on a small chair slumped over, and now she's standing straight up. There's one of those curved-blade-on-a-stick things in her hand, too. A shinigami, maybe?

“H-hey, stop,” She says, pushing the scythe in your general direction. “You can't go in here.”

“I'm just looking for Yuuka, though,” You say, “The flowers told me she was this way.”

“I'm not supposed to let anyone by,” She says, “So, even if she is here, you can't get in. You should probably just leave.”

“Is she inside?” You ask again. “I just want to know.”

“Well... yeah,” The gate guard says, “But, like I said. I can't let you in.”

[ ] “Not even if I fight you in danmaku?”
[ ] She can go in though, right? Ask her to get Yuuka for you.
[ ] Just fly over the gate. She doesn't need to let you in.
[ ] Something else (write-in).
>> No. 18280
{X} She can go in though, right? Ask her to get Yuuka for you.
>> No. 18282
[x]Pretend to leave and Fly underneath, keep your eyes peeled

Secret passage? Please?
>> No. 18285
[x] She can go in though, right? Ask her to get Yuuka for you.
>> No. 18286
[x] "B-But there's a fire, and it's heading this way."
[x] "Yuuka will be so mad if it reaches her flowers..."
>> No. 18287
[x] "B-But there's a fire, and it's heading this way."
[x] "Yuuka will be so mad if it reaches her flowers..."
>> No. 18288
[x] "B-But there's a fire, and it's heading this way."
[x] "Yuuka will be so mad if it reaches her flowers..."
>> No. 18292
[x] "B-But there's a fire, and it's heading this way."
[x] "Yuuka will be so mad if it reaches her flowers..."

If she's Elly then this should get her into action and getting Yuuka quickly.
>> No. 18293
[ℤ] "But there's a fire, and it's heading this way."
[ℯ] "Yuuka will be so mad if it reaches her flowers..."
>> No. 18294
[x] "B-But there's a fire, and it's heading this way."
[x] "Yuuka will be so mad if it reaches her flowers..."
>> No. 18300
[x] "B-But there's a fire, and it's heading this way."
[x] "Yuuka will be so mad if it reaches her flowers..."

That's no good.

“But, there's a fire that appeared,” You say, “And it's heading this way.”

“Good one.” She says, shifting her weight a bit. “A fire? Inside the border? I'd like to see that.”

Border? Is that what this place is called? Well, if you're inside something, that could be why it's so black all around. But, you don't remember walking inside of anything.

She looks at you, expecting you to say something. What can you say, though? She's not listening. She doesn't like you.

“Yuuka will be so mad if it reaches her flowers,” You say, sighing. Not to her, but to yourself. Thinking out loud. “They won't be flowers anymore if they turn into piles of black.”

“Wait,” She says, “What did you say?”

“It's outside this border place,” You say, “There was some fire on a tree, and it was by all those big yellow flowers.”

“This is a joke, right?” She asks. “I mean, it's still pouring outside. How could a fire start?”

You look up. She's looking... not at you, but a little past you. You turn around and see green, brown, gray, all those colors you see every day. It's the edge of the forest. But, it's only about twice as tall as you, like someone put a hole in the border place. Almost like it's a door, but it's not attached to anything.

“And how did you even get here?” She continues, “If you just flew into the border, there's no way you'd find this place.”

“The flowers told me to go this way.”

She shakes her head. “I'm not falling for that again. If I leave, you'll just go inside.”

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 18301
[ℤℯ] "I'll fly ahead of you, then. Hold onto me if you want, but let's go already."

In before they either arrive to find no fire and Elly thinks Phobe intentionally led her away, or they don't even get back to the field.
>> No. 18302
[x]"Will it be fine if I go with you? We really need to tell Yuuka!"
>> No. 18303
[x]"Will it be fine if I go with you? We really need to tell Yuuka!"
>> No. 18308
[x]"Will it be fine if I go with you? We really need to tell Yuuka!"
>> No. 18319
[x]"Will it be fine if I go with you? We really need to tell Yuuka!"

“It'll be ok if I go with you, right?” You ask, “We really need to tell Yuuka!”

She sighs. “Unless Yuuka tells me beforehand, I can't let you in. And she didn't. Even if you're with me, I'll get in trouble.”

That last part sounded sort of... mean. Like a threat, like something might happen if you don't leave. But, you can't leave. Someone has to do something about the fire. You don't know what to do. Bad if you stay, bad if you go.

“But---”

“Nope.” She says, shaking her head. “No buts. Now, get out of here. I don't want to get in trouble for talking to you.”

Annoying. Really annoying. Why won't she listen? You just want to let Yuuka know that something bad is happening And that gate guard looks tense, like she's getting ready for a fight.

[ ] She just doesn't get it. Keep trying to explain.
[ ] Maybe that's how you get in. Introduce yourself properly.
[ ] Find someone else. This isn't going to work (write-in as to who).
[ ] Something else (write-in)
>> No. 18320
>>18319

[x] Forget her, fly past her.
>> No. 18321
[x] Maybe that's how you get in. Introduce yourself properly.
>> No. 18323
[x] Maybe that's how you get in. Introduce yourself properly.
>> No. 18324
[x] Maybe that's how you get in. Introduce yourself properly.
>> No. 18325
[x] Maybe that's how you get in. Introduce yourself properly.

Let's see how manners avail to us.
>> No. 18326
Hell with you, Elly.

[ℤℯ] Go back to check on the sunflowers.

Let's make sure they actually are on fire before we get too pushy and waste more time. While we're at it, it can't hurt to make sure we can get back.

Plus, I think Elly might be bluffing. Not fully sure, however.
>> No. 18328
[X] Go back to check on the sunflowers.

Maybe someone else noticed and can help or get Yuka to come out.
>> No. 18330
>>18326

Dunno Yuuka seems big about manners and perhaps in a response to a formal introduction, it might some how get the go ahead (or Yuuka might have told Elly about you)

And I doubt too many people will be in the area since most are afraid of Yuuka.
>> No. 18332
[()] Maybe that's how you get in. Introduce yourself properly

>>18326
I don't think Klay would pull something like that. Making it so after all these updates of trying to get in touch with Yuuka, it turns out that they aren't in danger of catching on fire.
>> No. 18333
>>18332
Gotta love gamism~.
>> No. 18340
[x] Maybe that's how you get in. Introduce yourself properly.


...ah. A fight? Maybe that's it. If she loses, she can't stop you from going in. You're a youkai, and this is Gensokyo. If you want to go in, you should introduce yourself and then go in. That's how it works.

But, could you even win? She looks tough, and feels dangerous. And she's looking at you like you're a rock or a tree, and not a youkai. You don't know what she is, but that usually means bad things. Maybe she just thinks she's better and she's really not, but... well, maybe she really is better.

“I'm Phobe...”

[ ] “... and, we're going to play danmaku.”
[ ] Something else (Write-in).

===============================================
Uh, sorry for the "ARE YOU SURE Y/N" update, but some of the comments made me think that the vote may have been vague. Danmaku is a proper greeting and all that. I'll do the second half of this update in about 6 hours.
>> No. 18341
[x] “... and, we're going to play danmaku.”

Time to get (Elly) crazy
>> No. 18342
[X] “... and we're going to play danmaku.”

I don't know about >>18330 and >>18325, but I think most people knew what they were voting for.
>> No. 18346
>>18342

Manners are manners
>> No. 18352
[x] “... and, we're going to play danmaku.”
>> No. 18362
[x] “... and, we're going to play danmaku.”

It's not about winning (we can't). It's the principle of the thing.
>> No. 18368
[x] “... and, we're going to play danmaku.”

“... and, we're going to play danmaku.”

You don't think she was expecting that. She “Pfahaha, are you serious? Now I know you're up to something.”

For this fight, you decide to start off with that one. The little blue bullets start to form, spinning and dancing around in the air. The gate guard is quick, though. She went from laughing to flying to throwing that thing at you and you'd better dodge before it---

Close. It takes a little bit out of the side of your dress as it goes spinning by.

Then, the ground... no, the... what? There is a ground here. It's just clear. Mostly clear? It glints a little as it lifts up and flies at you, square by square. It's hard to see. This isn't danmaku. What is it?

A flying square hits your hand on the way by. This blue one isn't working. Maybe the red one? You don't think she was just acting tough before. Even the stuff around her is working for her.

The red one is a little better. She gets hit a few times, but so do you; when the tiles run out, it looks like the middle explodes. She's flying around more now, throwing the sword on a stick thing while throwing out lots of fast bullets. They aren't hard to dodge, but that spinning stick keeps getting in the way and ow.

She's easier than Marisa, but harder than everyone you normally play with. This is a hard fight. She can't dodge all your stuff, at least.

In between a wave of bullets, you look past your opponent for just a minute. The two of you are above where you were before, so you can see over the wall again. Out in one of the more colorful slpotches of green, you see someone moving around. There's a big flower moving with her, too. Yu---

Dodge. Another wave. The bullets are getting faster. You switch patterns again, to keep her off guard. Green, now. Ow. It's going to be a close fight. You're dodging and zooming, and she is, too. Another empty spot in the wave.

It is Yuuka. That's her flower.

Another wave comes in, spiraling out from your opponent. You try to squeeze through, but this time, it doesn't work. A bunch of dots go into you, and it hurts. This is bad. You think the gate guard is doing better than you; or, maybe, she's just good at not showing her hurt. But, you're starting to feel more and more pain that won't go away, and that's what happens right before you lose.

More bullets. A whole web of them, just like one a spider would make, and they're fast. The gate guard is between you and Yuuka, but, maybe...

[ ] Maybe, you could make it through.
[ ] Maybe, you could get Yuuka to notice you. Somehow. (Write-in).
[ ] … no. Focus on the danmaku. You can still win.
>> No. 18369
>[ ] Maybe, you could get Yuuka to notice you. Somehow. (Write-in).

waiting for a write in
>> No. 18373
[x] Maybe, you could get Yuuka to notice you. Somehow.
-(x) "YUUKA! FIRE AT SUNFLOWERS!"

And then we get thwomped.

>>18340
>“I'm Phobe...”
>[x] “... and I'm an alcoholic.”

HELLO, PHOBE.
>> No. 18374
[x] Maybe, you could get Yuuka to notice you. Somehow.
-(x) "YUUKA! FIRE AT SUNFLOWERS!"
This is just silly, let's do it.
>> No. 18376
[x] Maybe, you could get Yuuka to notice you. Somehow.
-(x) "YUUKA! FIRE AT SUNFLOWERS!"
>> No. 18377
[x] Maybe, you could get Yuuka to notice you. Somehow.
-(x) "YUUKA! FIRE AT SUNFLOWERS!"
>> No. 18378
[x] Maybe, you could get Yuuka to notice you. Somehow.
-(x) "YUUKA! FIRE AT SUNFLOWERS!"
>> No. 18379
[x] Maybe, you could get Yuuka to notice you. Somehow.
-(x) "YUUKA! FIRE AT SUNFLOWERS!"
>> No. 18386
[x] Maybe, you could make her notice you. Somehow (write-in).
-(x) "YUUKA! FIRE AT SUNFLOWERS!"

“Yuuka, there's fire at the sunflowers!”

Maybe you can get her attention. Maybe you can yell, and she'll hear you. Then, even if you lose, she'll know.

This last web... it comes faster than you thought it was going to. Maybe it sped up? You get hit, a lot. Enough that you almost go to sleep. Everything is numb. You can't even move up, so you start to move down. Towards the... no, that's right. There is no ground. Just some clear squares. Most of them flew at you, but maybe you'll...

… fall right past them. Missed. You can't catch your breath, and you're spinning a little. Up is impossible right now. Only down. You see the house getting smaller and smaller as you go, eventually turning into one of those white dots that doesn't move. Down, down...

*wham*

You hit something. It's enough to make you only see white, instead of the black. Like someone turned on a really bright light inside your eyes. It fades after a few seconds, and...

… hey. It's not black anymore. There's gray, and brown, and green. Grass, buildings, and a cloudy sky. It's all sideways, though. Weird. Maybe you...

...it's hard to think. If you just sit here for a while...

...no. No. That would be bad. If you do that, you might go to sleep. Where are you?

You're lying on the ground. That's why things are sideways. Your arms, your legs, they all work. It's hard to move them, but they all work. You roll yourself on to your back, since that's pretty much all you can do. In a little bit, you'll be fine. That was a lot of danmaku.

Looking up, you can't see where you came from. Maybe it's in that direction, but maybe not. That was a weird place.

A little bit more time passes, and you manage to sit up. This place looks kind of like a town, but it's different. The grass is all long, and there's trees in the middle of the flat parts between buildings. It's better, you think, except that there's no people. There's a forest past all the buildings, but you don't recognize anything right away. It's raining a little, too.

You wonder what you should do now.

[ ] You need to make sure Yuuka heard you. Try to get back to that place.
[ ] You were really loud; Yuuka must have heard you. Have a look around this place.
[ ] The gate guard will still be there if you go back. Try to find someone else to help, instead.
[ ] Try to get back to the flower field. You can decide what to do when you get there.
[ ] Something else (write-in)
>> No. 18387
[x] Try to get back to the flower field. You can decide what to do when you get there.
>> No. 18388
[x] You were really loud; Yuuka must have heard you. Have a look around this place.

Mayohiga?
>> No. 18389
[ ] Try to get back to the flower field. You can decide what to do when you get there.
>> No. 18391
[x] Try to get back to the flower field. You can decide what to do when you get there.
>> No. 18392
[x] You were really loud; Yuuka must have heard you. Have a look around this place.
>> No. 18393
[ ] You were really loud; Yuuka must have heard you. Have a look around this place.
>> No. 18397
[x] You were really loud; Yuuka must have heard you. Have a look around this place.
>> No. 18399
[X] You were really loud; Yuuka must have heard you. Have a look around this place.
>> No. 18400
[x] You were really loud; Yuuka must have heard you. Have a look around this place.

You could try to go back up, but you think you did all you could. The gate guard will still be there, and you think Yuuka heard you. She looked your way, right? Maybe. Did she? Well, it doesn't matter. She doesn't have to in order to hear you. This place is kind of interesting, too, and you want to have a look around.

With a little bit more effort, you stand up. You're still a little tired, but everything is working fine and not as hard to move. The ground is nice and soft to your feet, too. This is a good place.

As you explore, you find out that most of these buildings are kind of broken. Parts of the tops or sides are missing on a lot of them. The insides are kind of weird, too. There's spiders and small animals in them instead of humans, and they all smell kind of nice. Almost like they aren't inside something.

All of the buildings are like this, though. You wonder why? Where did all the people go? The had to be here at some time, but why did they leave?

And then, you see a house that's different from the rest. It's whole. The roof is all there, the walls are all there, and it looks more like the buildings from the human village. There's even flowers out front, purple ones.

But... it's dangerous. Like Yuuka's flower field was.

[ ] Still, you want to go inside. Why is it dangerous?
[ ] Keep exploring. Bad stuff could happen, and you don't want to miss the party.
[ ] Bad stuff could happen, and you don't want to miss the party. Do something else (write-in).
>> No. 18401
[x] Still, you want to go inside. Why is it dangerous?
>> No. 18402
[x] Still, you want to go inside. Why is it dangerous?
>> No. 18403
[ ] Still, you want to go inside. Why is it dangerous?
>> No. 18404
[x] Still, you want to go inside. Why is it dangerous? Yuuka's most likely there
>> No. 18405
[x] Still, you want to go inside. Why is it dangerous?
>> No. 18408
>>18404
subtract a "u" and add an "ri" at the end of that.
>> No. 18409
[B] Still, you want to go inside. Why is it dangerous?
>> No. 18410
[x] Still, you want to go inside. Why is it dangerous?
>> No. 18411
[ℤℯ] Keep exploring. Bad stuff could happen, and you don't want to miss the party.

Yukari might have already left for the party. Ran or Chen might be home, though, and Chen would be around in the village.

Then again, that's a maybe. Even worse, we don't know how long Phobe's been out.
>> No. 18413
>>18411
We can always show up to the party a little late. With how they go, we never really get a good introduction to all of the characters. It would be especially bad if anyone we pissed off were there.

The thought of Phobe meeting any of the Yakumos is awesome enough to warrant spending a few more minutes here.
>> No. 18414
[X] Keep exploring. Bad stuff could happen, and you don't want to miss the party.
>> No. 18415
Bad day, computer died, etc. I'll update tomorrow.
>> No. 18416
[ ] Still, you want to go inside. Why is it dangerous?

Changed vote, deletd previous one.
>> No. 18419
Or not. I thought my parts were going to get here today. Since they didn't, I can't get to my notes or my story file. Both are stored on my dead computer/lost flash drive, so... yeah.

I want to say that I'll have an update tomorrow, but it'd probably be safer to say that there will be one in a few days. Sorry. I'll resume as soon as I can.
>> No. 18441
[x] Still, you want to go inside. Why is it dangerous?

Still, you want to go inside. You met Yuuka when you went into the flower field, which was nice. Maybe you can meet someone like that here, or find something else just as good. You start walking closer.

Once you get to the front door, you listen. There's no noise inside. It's quiet, just like the rest of the buildings here. You slide the door open.

“Anyone here?”

No response, so you walk inside. It's dark. The ceiling isn't full of holes like the other places, so the light isn't getting in. It doesn't smell as good, either. You keep walking.

There really isn't much in here. Why is it so dangerous? You peek into room after room, and they're all pretty human like. Like stuff you saw in the village. The rooms are all a little bigger, but... ah!

Inside one of the rooms further inside the building, you see a bed. A bed that's moving up and down, so you think there's a person inside. Why is it asleep now, though? This can't be the dangerous thing, can it?

[ ] You better not wake it up. Keep looking around.
[ ] Get closer to get a better look. Be quiet, though.
[ ] Go talk to it. You'll know more about it if it wakes up.
>> No. 18442
[x] Get closer to get a better look. Be quiet, though.
>> No. 18443
[x] Get closer to get a better look. Be quiet, though.

>A bed that's moving up and down
>Why is it asleep now, though?
She's not asleep. Anybody hear that vibrating noise?
>> No. 18444
[X] Go talk to it. You'll know more about it if it wakes up.
>> No. 18445
>>18443

Yukari wouldn't need such a thing, she'd just gap in some guy and have her way with him.

[x] You better not wake it up. Keep looking around.

We might find someone else in here.
>> No. 18446
>>18443
When isn't she asleep?
>> No. 18447
>>18445
Perhaps it will be Ran.
>> No. 18449
File 125507103346.jpg - (1.59MB, 1219x1594, RanYukari.jpg) [iqdb]
18449
>>18447

It could be both of them.
>> No. 18450
[x] Get closer to get a better look. Be quiet, though.
>> No. 18451
>>18449
It was kind of inferred that Yukari was in the bed already, but with someone (who, we don't know).
>RanYukari.jpg
Thanks for the image, though.
>> No. 18452
[x] Get closer to get a better look. Be quiet, though.
>> No. 18456
>>18451
Yeah, my mistake. I meant moving up and down in a breathing sense, not a Yukari getting it on sense. Should have been more clear.
==============================================
[x] Get closer to get a better look. Be quiet, though.

You move closer, trying to be quiet. If you don't see what it is, you won't know. Closer, closer...

… ah. A youkai, with gold hair, a nice hat, and a normal face. This is where the danger is coming from, you think, but she really is sleeping. It's kind of weird. She's sleeping, but it doesn't feel like it. It feels like she's watching you, even though her eyes are closed.

You wonder what she's like. Dangerous, obviously, but you don't know why. Waking her up would be a bad idea, you think, so you can't do that. Maybe you could wait somewhere for her to wake up normally, or come back another day and see if she's awake then. Or maybe she's like Wriggle, and only awake at night...

...huh? You hear a noise. Something sliding and hitting something else... the door, maybe? Not the one to the room, but one closer to the outside. It's pretty quiet, so the sleeping youkai doesn't do anything. You wonder if you should.

[ ] Someone else must be here. Go talk to them.
[ ] Someone else must be here. Maybe you should hide?
[ ] It's nothing important. Go back to exploring.
[ ] Something else (write-in).
>> No. 18457
[x] Someone else must be here. Go talk to them.

I think friendliness will allow us to get away with it.
>> No. 18458
[Fever] Someone else must be here. Go talk to them.
>> No. 18459
[ ] Someone else must be here. Go attack them~
>> No. 18461
[x] Someone else must be here. Maybe you should hide?

This ought to lead to a nice scene.

>>18456
>Yeah, my mistake. I meant moving up and down in a breathing sense, not a Yukari getting it on sense. Should have been more clear.
No, I understood exactly what you meant. I just decided to degrade it.
>> No. 18463
[X] Someone else must be here. Maybe you should hide?
>> No. 18465
[x] Someone else must be here. Go talk to them.
>> No. 18467
[ℤℯ] Someone else must be here. Go talk to them.
>> No. 18469
[x] Someone else must be here. Go talk to them.
>> No. 18476
[x] Someone else must be here. Go talk to them.
Chance of successfully hiding from Ran: 0%
Chance of successfully hiding from sleeping Yukari: -?a5?/1._(%

Let's just do this the easy way and introduce ourselves like a normal person would
>> No. 18477
[X] Someone else must be here. Go talk to them.

Is she sleeping with the hat on? I can't get the image out of my head, not that it's a bad thing.
>> No. 18479
[x] Someone else must be here. Go talk to them.

Doors don't move by themselves, so it's probably another person. Someone who isn't sleeping. You want to see, so you walk back out into the hall quietly.

At the end, by the door, you see... a lot of yellow. A big ball of it, moving and twitching a little in the dark. You walk closer. It's doing something to something in front of it. Closer. The ball shifts a little, becoming taller. What's it---

You see an arm reach out from the side of the ball, towards something on the wall. Suddenly, there's light. Lots of it. It makes you squint at first. And, by the time you can stop squinting, you can see the ball shifting again. Well, it's not really a ball. It's a bunch of big fluffy things, all coming out of a single spot. It shifts, turning, and... there's a person behind it. She's wearing blue and white, and has a bag in one hand.

The person looks confused. You walk a bit closer.

“Hi, I'm Phobe.”

“Ran... Yakumo,” She says, still looking confused. “What are you...”

“Who's that?” Another voice asks, from somewhere behind the big fluffy thing. A second new person walks out from behind it, dressed in red. The ball of fluff doesn't look like it's following her around, though. “Ah, look!” She says, starting to come closer to you, “It's a new person.”

The taller one lowers her free hand, stopping the shorter one from moving forward. “Wait,” She says.

Ran moves forward, coming towards you after setting down the bag. She doesn't look confused any more, but just sort of... annoyed. “What are you doing in this house? If you're a thief, you picked the wrong place.”

“I'm just exploring,” You say, “I fell out of a black place, and then went to look around. This place wasn't broken, so I wanted to look inside.”

“Why's she dangerous?” The short one asks, walking closer.

“... I guess I was wrong. She isn't.” Ran says, after pausing for a little bit. “Still, I'm going to have to ask you to leave. I have a party to prepare for. If you leave the village, you should find yourself back in the main portion of Gensokyo without much trouble.”

“Can't I play with her, Ran?” The smaller one asks, “Her hat is cool.”

Ran freezes for a moment, looking at the smaller one's sort of sad face. “...w-well, I guess it'd be fine if you two played outside. But don't go too far.”

The smaller one nods, smiling, and comes closer. “I'm Chen. Who're you?”

“I'm Phobe.”

[ ] “Let's go play~”
[ ] “Where are we?”
[ ] “Party? At the shrine?”
[ ] Something else (write-in).
>> No. 18480
[x] “Let's go play~”

Obvious, let's befriend Chen.
>> No. 18481
[x] “Party? At the shrine?”
[x] “Where are we?”
[x] “Let's go play~”

Spare a few seconds for questions, then go play.
>> No. 18483
[~] “Party? At the shrine?”
[ℤ] “Where are we?”
[ℯ] “Let's go play~”

Indeed. We need a ride.
>> No. 18484
[x] “Party? At the shrine?”
[x] “Where are we?”
[x] “Let's go play~”
>> No. 18485
[x] “Party? At the shrine?”
[x] “Where are we?”
[x] “Let's go play~”
>> No. 18487
[x] “Party? At the shrine?”
[x] “Where are we?”
[x] “Let's go play~”
>> No. 18491
[x] “Party? At the shrine?”
[x] “Where are we?”
[x] “Let's go play~”

LET'S PLAY LET'S PLAY LET'S PLAY LET'S PLAY LET'S PLAY LET'S PLAY LET'S PLAY LET'S PLAY LET'S PLAY LET'S PLAY LET'S PLAY LET'S PLAY
>> No. 18493
[x] “Party? At the shrine?”
[x] “Where are we?”
[x] “Let's go play~”
>> No. 18496
[X] “Party? At the shrine? Where are we? Let's go play~”

ADD youkai.
>> No. 18497
[x] “Party? At the shrine?”
[x] “Where are we?”
[x] “Let's go play~”
>> No. 18498
[x] “Party? At the shrine?”
[x] “Where are we?”
[x] “Let's go play~”

“Let's go play after I ask Ran something~” You say, trotting after the ball. She notices you, stopping midway inside the door that leads to the kitchen. “You're getting ready for a party? Is it at the shrine?”

She nods. “Yes. There's a festival today, and we usually bring a good portion of the food.”

“Ok, thanks~”

That's good to know. You didn't miss it, and if she's going, she has to know the way to get there. Maybe you could go with them if you really needed to make it there in a short time.

Chen moves past you, towards the outside door. “What do you wanna play? I know all kinds of games, but people don't come here a lot...”

“Hmm...”

[ ] Danmaku would be fun.
[ ] What games does she know? (Choose one after listing, or let me pick).
[ ] Something else (write-in).
In queue:
[x] “Where are we?”
>> No. 18499
[x] What games does she know?
[x] "By the way, where are we?"
>> No. 18500
[x] Danmaku would be fun.

Defeat
>> No. 18501
[x] Danmaku would be fun.
>> No. 18502
[x] What games does she know? (Choose one after listing, or let me pick).
>> No. 18503
[x] What games does she know?
[x] "By the way, where are we?"
>> No. 18504
[X] Danmaku would be fun.
>> No. 18505
[x] Danmaku would be fun.
>> No. 18506
File 125529136123.png - (272.25KB, 600x600, 0f661cc202a82be3c6b7562f5b8d3f9c.png) [iqdb]
18506
Are there any other stories on THP where you play as a female? I really love I, Youkai, since I can relate to the character. It's not as fun playing as "male anon" from Earth who suddenly wakes up in Gen-Tokyo.
>> No. 18507
>>18506
Something's Happening at Gensokyo - "female anon" from Earth suddenly wakes up in Gensokyo

[X] What games does she know?
>> No. 18508
[x] What games does she know?
[x] Where are we?

>>18506
Just updated the list of such stories over in /gensokyo/.

See >>/gensokyo/1764 and >>/gensokyo/2231 .
>> No. 18519
[x]Bedtop sport for indoor types
>> No. 18522
[x] Danmaku would be fun.
>> No. 18526
[x] Danmaku would be fun.

“How about danmaku?”

The two of you are outside now. It's not actually raining right now, but the sky is all dark and gray.

“Danmaku? Are you good?”

Are you? That's a hard question. You know how to play, but are you good? Who is good? If Komachi or Marisa are good, you're not. But if Wriggle is, you can almost beat her. And if Rumia is, you can win about half the time. But, you guess that you can't really beat that many people.

“I don't win most of the,” You say, “But I do win sometimes.”

She smiles. “Me, too. Unless Ran's helping me.”

You've both done this before, though, so you both know what to do. Up into the air first. Then, after asking if the other one is ready, both patterns form. The match starts.

She's fast. Most people don't move a lot. Only sometimes, and even then, it's not very far. But... she's flying all over the place. It's crazy. The blue one doesn't work at all, since she's moving too fast and keeps flying by all the ones aimed at her. Her danmaku isn't slow, either. You have to spin and watch more than one direction to get through.

It's a pretty good fight, though. You hit her a few times, she hits you a few times... pretty even. And it goes on for a while. You use the green pattern, then the red one, then the rainbow one, with little bits of stuff that you made up between them. She's gone through... a lot. You don't know. You're dodging. Dodging and dodging and [i]she's coming straight for you shoot shoot![\i]

*wham*

She runs into you, spinning as she does. It's enough to make you see only white, and you fall. She does too, though; you can see that after the white, but before you land. You land a little before she does, the two of you making 'whump' sounds as you do.

“Ooohh...”

It takes a little bit for you to recover, but you're getting better at it. What was that? A charge attack...?

Chen's still lying down, but, after sitting up, you can see that she looks fine. Soon enough she's sitting up too, smiling. “Hahaha, who won?”

[ ] You hit the ground first, so she did.
[ ] Double KO!
[ ] Maybe you both did. Or... you don't know.
Pending:
[x] “Where are we?”
===============================================
Still pending, since I haven't found a good spot to place it in conversation yet.
>> No. 18527
File 125537778090.jpg - (19.75KB, 191x224, StBsc44.jpg) [iqdb]
18527
[X] You hit the ground first, so she did.

That spell card is really annoying, even for a StB card.
>> No. 18528
[x] Double KO!
>> No. 18531
[ ] Double KO!
>> No. 18532
[ ] Double KO!
>> No. 18533
[x] Double KO!
>> No. 18534
[x] Double KO!
>> No. 18536
[x] You hit the ground first, so she did.
[x] "Wow I've never faced anyone like that before, good job!"

Being a good loser.
>> No. 18537
[x] Maybe you both did. Or... you don't know.
[x] Double KO!
>> No. 18539
>>[ ] You hit the ground first, so she did.

Not sure if danmaku works that way. But, more importantly...

[x] Double KO!
-[x] Shout it out loud!

This is more fun.
>> No. 18543
[x] Double KO!
>> No. 18544
[ ] Double KO!

A draw is more likely to make Chen more interessed in Phobe than a victory.
>> No. 18547
[ℤℯ] Double KO!
>> No. 18549
>>18544

But it's not honest, and we don't want phobe turning into a liar like that rabbit.
>> No. 18551
[X] You hit the ground first, so she did.

Best to stay honest, in my opinion.
>> No. 18552
File 125540688655.png - (18.27KB, 564x499, TewiIsTheCutest.png) [iqdb]
18552
>>phobe turning into a liar like that rabbit

Th-that... is a serious concern.
>> No. 18553
>>18549
>>18551

Technically, there's nothing in the rules that says "whoever hits the ground first loses".
>> No. 18559
[x] Double KO!
>> No. 18561
[X] You hit the ground first, so she did.
>> No. 18562
>>18553
It's not really about who hits the ground first, but rather the implication therein. The first to land probably started falling first, and therefore had their pattern broken first. A better way to put it, in game terms, is that Chen got hit during the post-duel slowdown. I'm sure Anon calls bullshit when that happens to him, so let Chen have her win this time.

[X] You hit the ground first, so she did.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x