- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 17110)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 12492384925.jpg - (428.87KB, 1024x768, e8ce28e897568d50be62587031b227b8.jpg) [iqdb]
17110 No. 17110
[x] Ask if she wants to be friends. Then you can play together every night.

“Yeah…”

A bit more rest is needed. You still have to stop breathing so hard to talk right. You have an idea, though. Wouldn’t it be nice if she would stop by Mystia’s stand? Then you can play whenever you want, and she can play with the others too.

“You should come play with my friends at night.” You say, after another long pause. “We have lots of fun. Then we can all be friends.”

“Really?” Medicine asks, “Where at?”

“In the forest,” You say, sitting up. “It’s that way, at Mystia’s stand.”

“Do you know where that is, Miss Lilly? …no? I don’t either,” She says, sitting up too. “I haven’t been in the forest yet.”

[ ] You can stick around, and show her how to get there later.
[ ] It’s that way. Straight that way. It’ll have lights and stuff, and you can see it from the sky…

Pending:
[x] Ask about that purple cloud stuff. It didn’t hurt you, but it did something strange.
Expand all images
>> No. 17111
{X} It’s that way. Straight that way. It’ll have lights and stuff, and you can see it from the sky…
>> No. 17112
[O] You can stick around, and show her how to get there later.
>> No. 17114
[X] You can stick around, and show her how to get there later.
>> No. 17115
[X] You can stick around, and show her how to get there later.
>> No. 17116
[x] You can stick around, and show her how to get there later.
>> No. 17118
[X] You can stick around, and show her how to get there later.

Well, we do still need to lay low, right? May as well spend some time with our new friend.
>> No. 17119
[x] It’s that way. Straight that way. It’ll have lights and stuff, and you can see it from the sky…
>> No. 17120
File 124925745525.jpg - (71.71KB, 375x375, Jimi_Hendrix_Purple_Haze.jpg) [iqdb]
17120
[x] You can stick around, and show her how to get there later.

>[x] Ask about that purple cloud stuff. It didn’t hurt you, but it did something funky.
>> No. 17121
[B] You can stick around, and show her how to get there later.
>> No. 17122
[ze] You can stick around, and show her how to get there later.
>> No. 17147
[x] You can stick around, and show her how to get there later.
[x] Ask about that purple cloud stuff. It didn’t hurt you, but it did something strange.

“Let’s wait until night,” You say, “Then I can show you. No one is there now, I think.”

She nods. “Ok.”

A pause. This rain is really nice. Another question comes to mind as you rest.

“What was that purple cloud stuff in your pattern?” You ask, remembering back. It still kind of smells like it, even now. “It didn’t hurt like the glowy balls to, but it made me cough and stuff…”

“That’s Miss Lily’s poison,” She says, sounding happy. “It’s really something, isn’t it? Well, maybe not today. It gets washed down with the rain, so it’s not as poisonous. That’s why you can lay down like that and not fall asleep forever. I’ve got lots of other poisons, but she’s my favorite.”

“Forever?” That sounds kind of like… “Does it kill you?”

She nods. “Yep! Only when I want her to, though. What was all that swirly stuff that you had? The red stuff, too.”

“Crazy,” You say, “Different crazys. The red was angry, the green was happy, and the rainbow was just crazy.”

“Crazy?” She asks, “Hmm. A lot of poisons make people crazy, too. That’s neat. You just do it?”

You nod, smiling. “That’s me.”

“Huh. Kind of like that rabbit, but I think she does it with her eyes.”

“Rabbit?”

“We play sometimes,” Medicine says, “There’s usually someone with her, too. A doctor or something. She likes poisons, so I give her some when she stops by.”

“So, lots of people come by here?”

She shakes her head. “Not really. Only a few. I think it smells funny or something?” She shrugs. “It smells fine to me.”

You sniff again, just to make sure. “It smells a little like Miss Lily,” You say, “Maybe that’s it?”

“I dunno,” She says, “I can’t smell it, so I can’t tell.”

There’s a lull in the conversation, where the only noise is the light water hitting all the leaves. It’s barely enough to even see now, since the drops are so tiny.

[ ] Bring up some topics (write-ins)
[ ] Chat about nothing in particular (time-skip option)
[ ] Something else (write-in)
>> No. 17148
[X] Chat about nothing in particular

Shooting the breeze with our good friend the Doll Youkai.
>> No. 17149
[X] Chat about nothing in particular
>> No. 17152
[X] Chat about nothing in particular (time-skip option)
>> No. 17155
[X] Bring up some topics
- [X] Other people who come by the flower field

Because I suspect Medicine knows Yuuka as well, and I'm interested in what they have to say about one another.
>> No. 17156
[x] Chat about nothing in particular (time-skip option)
>> No. 17171
[X] Bring up some topics
- [X] Other people who come by the flower field

>>17155

This anon's reasoning is good, and it's either learning about this and then waiting or just waiting, by the looks of things.
>> No. 17172
{X} Bring up some topics
- [X] Other people who come by the flower field
>> No. 17175
I'll be honest, here...
I was expecting a much more hostile Medicine, which would have made things interesting. Canonically, she's unfriendly towards everyone, man or youkai. But instead, she just seems... normal.
I am disappoint.
>> No. 17176
[z] Bring up some topics
- [e] Other people who come by the flower field
>> No. 17180
>>17175

I don't think she's unfriendly so much as she's friendly, but poisons the crap out of everyone anyway, which she did. And hates humans, but obviously that doesn't apply to us.
>> No. 17183
[X] Bring up some topics
- [X] Other people who come by the flower field
>> No. 17186
[B]Bring up some topics.
- [B]Other people who come by the flower field.
>> No. 17207
[x] Bring up some topics
- [x] Other people who come by the flower field

“Hmm. Are the people that come interesting?”

She nods. “There’s, um, that one who talks with Miss Lily a lot. Most people don’t. Yuuka, I think? And there’s that maid, but she’s kind of creepy. Hmm…”

She thinks for a bit more, then tilts her head. “What? I didn’t… oh, yeah!” She looks at you again. “There’s that other rabbit, and those fairies. I’ve only seen them a few times, though.”

“Yuuka?” You ask, smiling. She’s been here, too. You wonder if she was out exploring when she got her. “She’s nice. Smart, too.”

Medicine nods. “Miss Lily really likes her. She’s really strong, isn’t she? I still haven’t beat her in danmaku. Have you?”

“No, we haven’t played…”

“Ah,” Medicine says, “Try it sometime. You’ll lose, but it’ll be fun.”

“Maybe I’ll win,” You say, not really believing it yourself. Yuuka… no way. You laugh. “Maybe not, though.”

The two of you chat for a while. And then you chat for a bit more. And a bit more. It’s about nothing in particular, just… stuff. Stuff like how poison works, or humans, or things like that. Just stuff. And soon, you see that it’s starting to get darker. Is it getting close to night? You’ve never stayed up this late before. You can’t see the sun, but it rises… so it must set, right? Otherwise it can’t rise again. So maybe it’s doing that now. Behind the clouds.

You’re not even tired, chatting like this. It’s weird.

Still, though, it’s not that dark. Maybe you’ll wait a little longer…

More time goes by. Dark enough that you’re having a hard time seeing, now, since the moon is hiding. Probably behind the clouds too. It’s not raining right now, but you think it might again soon.

“… so, so, what do you think?”

You laugh. It was a good joke. “It’s dark,” You say, “Wanna go have fun with more people?”

“Yep,” She says, nodding. “Let’s go.”

Off into the air you both go, up and over the forest. You only had to lay low during the day. It’s going to feel really good to be back in the forest. Along the way, though, you wonder if you shouldn’t get something for Mystia to cook…

[ ] Something huge. Maybe you’ll find a bear.
[ ] Whatever is fine.
[ ] Not today. She’s usually got food, anyway.
================================================
>>17175
I got a different impression from her ending in PoFV. I'd describe her like that before the incident, but after? It seemed to me like she actually took Shikieiki's lesson to heart.

This story takes place after all that, so I decided to use that personality instead.
>> No. 17208
Oh, I forgot to say that I won't be updating tomorrow. Next one will be on thursday.
>> No. 17209
[x] Something huge. Maybe you’ll find a bear.

Party huntan' gaems.
We tank, she DoTs, we both debuff.
>> No. 17210
[X] Something huge. Maybe you’ll find a bear.
>> No. 17213
[x] Something huge. Maybe you’ll find a bear.
>> No. 17222
[x] Something huge. Maybe you’ll find a bear.

fuck yeah
>> No. 17223
>>17209

Somehow, I don't think poisoning our potential meal is a great plan. Then again, perhaps Medicine can retract the poison once it's dead. It's a point we have to make clear beforehand- Medicine probably won't think twice about it due to her immunity.

[x] Something huge. Maybe you’ll find a bear.
>> No. 17228
[z] Something huge. Maybe you’ll find a bear.
[e] ...With >>17223 's warning in mind.
>> No. 17273
[x] Something huge. Maybe you’ll find a bear.
[x] ...With >>17223 's warning in mind.
>> No. 17276
Changing vote from >>17209 to:

[x] Something huge. Maybe you’ll find a bear.
[x] ...With >>17223 's warning in mind.
>> No. 17289
[x] Something huge. Maybe you’ll find a bear.

You start to go a little lower. Food… you want something delicious. Medicine probably does, too. Wriggle and Rumia and Mystia seem to like it when you bring things, so you’re going to.

“Hmm? Are we there?” Medicine asks from just behind you.

You shake your head. “Nope. I want to get some food for Mystia to cook.”

“Oh. Are we going to look for a big bear?”

You nod. “Yep.” You had mentioned it earlier, while you were chatting for so long. “I hope I know it when I see it like she said, though.”

“Haha, me too,” Medicine says, “You’ll have to see it, though. It’s dark.”

Hmm… not good. “You can’t see?”

“Nope.”

“It’s too dark for me, too,” You say, touching down on the ground. Soft. The rain… well, it’s not making a lot of noise. You wonder…

[ ] Groar, right? You can find it by listening.
[ ] Big, right? It’ll be crunching lots of stuff. Listen for it.
[ ] Tasty, right? Maybe you’ll be able to smell it…
[ ] Another strategy (write-in)
[ ] Maybe another night. You can’t hunt when you can’t see.
>> No. 17291
[X] Heavy, right? You can probably find some tracks by feeling around if you have to.
>> No. 17293
[x] Maybe another night. You can’t hunt when you can’t see.
>> No. 17298
[X] Big, right? It’ll be crunching lots of stuff. Listen for it.
>> No. 17300
[B] Maybe another night. You can’t hunt when you can’t see.
>> No. 17301
[ ] Big, right? It’ll be crunching lots of stuff. Listen for it.
>> No. 17302
[ ] Tasty, right? Maybe you’ll be able to smell it…

Phobe can smell your fear~
>> No. 17305
[ze] Groar, right? You can find it by listening.
>> No. 17306
>>17305
After all, crunching and crashing could be lots of things.
>> No. 17310
[x] Turn your power to the maximum and listen to any sounds.
Let's flush them out.
>> No. 17317
>>17306
Like Reimu lumbering through the vegetation in search of prey?

[X] Big, right? It’ll be crunching lots of stuff. Listen for it.
>> No. 17322
[x] Big, right? It’ll be crunching lots of stuff. Listen for it.

If it’s big, it’ll be heavy. And if it’s big and heavy, it’ll be crunching lots of things when it moves. You can just picture it, moving through the woods. You’re not heavy, so you don’t make much noise. Humans make a bit, even if they’re trying to be quiet. Animals make a lot. So a big animal…

“Let’s listen for it,” You say, “It’ll crunch things if it’s big.”

“Ok,” She says, “Let’s listen.”

You both get quiet. There’s no wind, only a little pssshhh from what’s left of the rain. No insects, no birds. It’s really quiet. And the air that you keep letting go in and out of your body. You try to quiet that as best you can, holding your breath for a little bit.

Some rustling, you hear. It’s not that big, though. Maybe a boar or something? You keep listening. And listening. And…

Crack. Something in the distance broke. Loud, too.

“Maybe that’s it…?” You hear Medicine ask, to your side.

You nod. But it’s dark, so you say “Yep. Let’s be quiet and go get it. Flying is better than walking.”

Silently, you lift off of the ground. Medicine does, too. You can sort of see her hair kind of, even when it’s this dark. And then you move forward, towards the noise.

As you get closer, you hear another loud crack. It’s still off in the distance, but you’re a lot closer now.

“Awwooooo---!”

A noise, from that spot. Probably. Not a groar, though.

Medicine whispers from close behind you. “Is that it?”

Hmm.

[ ] Maybe it makes other noises, too. Go see.
[ ] Even if it’s not a bear, it might still be good. Go see.
[ ] Not a bear. Keep searching for one (write-in for method)
[ ] Not a bear. And it’s too noisy, so you can’t listen any more. Give up.
>> No. 17324
{X} Even if it’s not a bear, it might still be good. Go see.
>> No. 17326
I have a bad feeling about this, but...

[X] Even if it’s not a bear, it might still be good. Go see.
>> No. 17328
[x] Even if it’s not a bear, it might still be good. Go see.
>> No. 17330
[x] Even if it’s not a bear, it might still be good. Go see.

>>“Awwooooo---!”
Time to kick the dog.
>> No. 17331
>Awwooooo---!
Well it sounds tasty...

[X] Even if it’s not a bear, it might still be good. Go see.
>> No. 17367
[x] Even if it’s not a bear, it might still be good. Go see.

“Don’t know,” You whisper back. “It might still be tasty, though. Let’s go see~”

“Ok, following~”

You move closer, and closer, and closer… it should be around here, shouldn’t it? Should be, should be…

“Grrr…”

You turn to your left. Red dots. Two, four, six… eight red dots. They’re higher up than you stand by about the length of your legs.

“Rrrr…” “Grr…”

Different pitches join in, from slightly different spots. Something snaps as two of the dots move forward. This situation… you can tell that a fight is coming if you stay here. With whatever these dots are. Dangerous.

“Row! Rowrrr…”

“Is it food?” Medicine whispers from behind you, sounding a little tense. “Can we kill it?”

[ ] Food. Kill.
[ ] Food. Kill. But, does it stay poisoned?
[ ] Maybe it can tell you where there’s some food. Ask.
[ ] Food, but too dangerous. Escape and find something else.
[ ] Food, but too dangerous. Give up for the night.
>> No. 17369
[ ] Food. Kill.
>> No. 17372
[x] Maybe it can tell you where there’s some food. Ask.

I expect much hilarity.
>> No. 17374
[x] Maybe it can tell you where there’s some food. Ask.

Wolf-whisperer Phobe?
>> No. 17377
[X] Food, but too dangerous. Give up for the night.

No sense in puttering around all night. We have to meet with our friends eventually.
>> No. 17381
[B] Food, but too dangerous. Give up for the night.
>> No. 17384
[ ] Toss Medicine at them as a distraction

.... Ahem.

[X] Food, but too dangerous. Give up for the night.
>> No. 17386
[X] Maybe it can tell you where there’s some food. Ask.
>> No. 17387
[x] Food, but it would take too long to kill them. Head to Mystia's for the night.
>> No. 17388
[x] Maybe it can tell you where there’s some food. Ask
>> No. 17390
[x] Food, but too dangerous. Give up for the night.
>> No. 17391
>[x] Maybe it can tell you where there’s some food. Ask

Enough with the moeblob
>[x] Food, but too dangerous. Give up for the night.

Oh, c'mon! Why would you choose this? A bunch of wolves against two youkai? Not a problem, considering that said youkai have AoE attacks.
>> No. 17396
>>17391

One of the youkai is practically a newborn, and the other is poisonous; we don't want poisoned food, and being that this is Gensokyo, those wolves could easily be some sort of supernaturally powerful monsters capable of causing a good deal of harm to cute, tasty little Phobe.
>> No. 17397
[x] Maybe it can tell you where there’s some food. Ask
>> No. 17398
>>17396

But youkai are resistant to poison, and I'm sure Mystia can do something about it.

And there still is no reason for asking the food where to find food. This story has degenerated so much.
>> No. 17415
[x] Food, but too dangerous. Give up for the night.
>> No. 17418
[x] Maybe it can tell you where there’s some food. Ask.


“Maybe it can help,” You whisper back. Maybe not. But, if you pay attention, you think you can avoid the danger. Then louder, you ask. “Can you show us where some food is?”

Rustling. Heavy rustling danger danger---!

You dodge. Two of those red dots go crashing past, while four of them go off into the woods. The last two watch.

“Wah-!”

Medicine yells, surprised by the whole thing. You’re under attack. That first dodge… was lucky. Time to be a youkai, again.

Crash crash.

“Row!”

You dodge again. From the back? The dots are working together. Eyes, maybe? There’s something more than dots. Bad breath and noise from the ground.

“Miss Lily,” Medicine says, somewhere above you. Not above the trees, but kind of high up. “Let’s get them~”

You can see three sets of eyes. Where is the fourth? Bad. Need to keep track of the danger. And then, you start to smell… poison. You hold your breath. Not good.

[ ] Up. You need to get up---!
[ ] Find the fourth set of eyes, then up.
[ ] Yell out for her to stop. Don’t want to poison the meat.
[ ] Something else (write-in)
>> No. 17419
[x] Yell out for her to stop. Don’t want to poison the meat.
[x] Find the fourth set of eyes, then up.
It should be possible to do both of them at the same time. Yelling should take one second while looking.
>> No. 17422
[X] Find the fourth set of eyes, then up.

Sure, why not?
>[ ] Yell out for her to stop. Don’t want to poison the meat.

This shouldn't be an issue. Medicine's poison is weakened because of the rain, and youkai are more poison resistant. Plus, Mystia should e able to neutralize it. Phobe may think the poison is strong because of her proximity to Medicine.
>> No. 17424
[x] Up. You need to get up---!

Let Medicine do her thing.
>> No. 17425
[X] Find the fourth set of eyes, then up.
>> No. 17426
[z] Yell out for her to stop. Don’t want to poison the meat.
[e] Find the fourth set of eyes, then up.

Going on >>17419 's logic. Poison is still poison, and if it kills or weakens the target(s), then it's going to be no good at all for eating.
On the other hand, are these even wild animals that Phobe is hunting?

>“Miss Lily,” Medicine says, somewhere above you. Not above the trees, but kind of high up. “Let’s get them~”
I would laugh my ass off if Lily White was passing by, heard that, and then dropped down and started unloading on everyone after that.
>> No. 17428
[X] Yell out for her to stop. Don’t want to poison the meat.
[X] Find the fourth set of eyes, then up.
>> No. 17431
[X] Yell out for her to stop. Don’t want to poison the meat.
[X] Find the fourth set of eyes, then up.

We've already seen that Medicine's poison works on us, despite being weakened by the rain. Just because it might not kill youkai doesn't mean anyone will appreciate being fed it.
>> No. 17433
[X] Find the fourth set of eyes, then up.

If we tell Medicine to stop using poison, wouldn't that leave her somewhat defenseless? Granted, not helpless, but...
>> No. 17439
Insomnia has left me drained. I'll update tomorrow.
>> No. 17441
>>17439

hooray!
>> No. 17442
[x] Yell out for her to stop. Don’t want to poison the meat.
[x] Find the fourth set of eyes, then up.

“No poison!” You yell out, looking for those other two dots. You cough. “We don’t want poison in the meat.”

Another lunge, from the one in front of you. Something catches your arm, scratching it on the way by. Ow. Scratch? These must be really scary things if they can scratch a youkai. Something that can actually hurt you. Other youkai, maybe? Not the same as you, if they are. And you can’t get a good look to tell.

“Ahaha, I’ll just tell it to go away afterwards,” Medicine says, laughing. Still above you, somewhere. “It’s fine~”

You cough again. Not for you. Up. Move up and out of the poison.

No. Find the other foe, first. Whe---

One dives, then another, then a third. They’re very fast. Another pass, another dodge. Where is that fourth set of eyes? A trap. You can feel a trap. Where is it? Can’t see. Too dark to---

Dodge, dodge, cough. You’re starting to slow down a bit. Can’t hold your breath anymore, so you have to breath in. It kind of burns, worse than before. You need to do something different. This isn’t working. One not-dodge and bad things happen, a few more breaths and bad things happen.

[ ] Trap is better than poison. Up.
[ ] Trap is better than poison. Run.
[ ] Enough dodging. Fight back. Tear them up before the poison gets you.
[ ] Ask her to stop. You’re getting poisoned. Then, fight back.
[ ] Something else (write-in)
>> No. 17443
[X] Trap is better than poison. Up.

Hanging around in poison is dumb.
>> No. 17445
[x] Trap is better than poison. Up.

Part of me wonders if Klaymen will actually Bad End.
We shall see...
>> No. 17446
[ ] Trap is better than poison. Up.
>> No. 17447
[X] Enough dodgiRIPANDTEARRIPANDTEARRIPANDTEARRIPANDTEARRIPANDTEARRIPANDTEARRIPANDTEAR
>> No. 17452
[B] Trap is better than poison. Up.
>> No. 17454
[ze] Trap is better than poison. Up.
>> No. 17470
[X] Enough dodgiRIPANDTEARRIPANDTEARRIPANDTEARRIPANDTEARRIPANDTEARRIPANDTEARRIPANDTEAR
>> No. 17474
[x] Trap is better than poison. Up.

Up. You jump… up.

And, like you expected. A trap. You spin past the first set of dots, the second, and the third. Above their reach. The fourth, though… from the forest. Fast. Faster than you. Like your angry flies, only not so many and in sync. Heading straight for you.

But… you see it. Somehow. Out of the very side of your left eye, you see a little glint of red. A trap is nothing if you can see it coming before you step into it. It’s fast, but it’s also moving straight.

You dodge.

And before any of them can attack again, you’re up. Above them. It’s not so stinky up here, either. Less poison.

“Rrrr…row!”

“Hmm, I wonder why it’s taking so long? They must be tough.”

Medicine’s below you somewhere. They eyes are, two. All four sets.

“Hope the meat isn’t tough,” She adds, laughing. “How about now? Can you guys feel it?”

Then, a pair vanishes. Another pair. There’s crashing to go with it, branches snapping, leaves crunching, and bushes rustling. Another pair. The last one looks at you, and disappears as well.

The meat is leaving. Fast.

[ ] Pursue.
[ ] ... that’s fine. Try to find something easier to eat.
[ ] … that’s fine. Mystia’ll have something.
>> No. 17475
[x] … that’s fine. Mystia’ll have something.
Do not follow, this is a trap.
>> No. 17476
{X} … that’s fine. Mystia’ll have something.
>> No. 17477
[x] … that’s fine. Mystia’ll have something.

Go for the sure thing; hopefully Mystia won't freak at Medi being our friend.

That and I think both young youkai has taken a bit of a beating and might not be able to handle something else.
>> No. 17481
[ze] … that’s fine. Mystia’ll have something.

We'll probably have to work for it.
>> No. 17482
[x] … that’s fine. Mystia’ll have something.
>> No. 17491
[ ] Pursue.

After all this trouble, you let it go?
>> No. 17493
[B] … that’s fine. Mystia’ll have something.
>> No. 17500
[x] ... that’s fine. Try to find something easier to eat.

We can always catch something big another day, when we have a game plan laid out. Try to find another boar or something.
>> No. 17509
[x] … that’s fine. Mystia’ll have something.
>> No. 17521
[X] … that’s fine. Mystia’ll have something.
>> No. 17524
[x] Pursu-- wait, why is everything spinning...?
--[x] Anemia

Poisoned moe~
DOHOHOHOHO
>> No. 17533
...sorry about this. I was intending to update today, but a friend that I haven't seen in about a year dropped by and we killed all of my free time today, chatting about things.

No update tomorrow, either. I'm going to be working and then packing.

Or Saturday, since I'm going to be moving.

I'll resume updates on Sunday. By then I should be set to go; if not, I'll fire up the laptop and steal someone's internet. Either way, please wait warmly until then.
>> No. 17591
>>17533
>I'll resume updates on Sunday. By then I should be set to go; if not, I'll fire up the laptop and steal someone's internet. Either way, please wait warmly until then.

Hooray!
>> No. 17595
[x] … that’s fine. Mystia’ll have something.

“Aww, they’re leaving,” Medicine says, laughing a bit. “I wonder why? Should we go get them?”

You shake your head. It’s dark, though, so that’s not going to work. “No, they’re tough.”

“Are they?”

“Yep.”

She laughs. “Too tough, huh. I wonder if a bear is easier.”

Who knows how it would have turned out if you had found what you were looking for. Maybe you’ll ask Mystia or Wriggle about those things. “Mystia should have some food,” You say, “So let’s just go there. We don’t have to catch something.”

“Sure,” Medicine says, “Let’s go. You still have to lead the way, though.”

You do. Above the trees and in the direction you need to go. The rain starts to get a little heavier; now, the drops are actually getting you wet. Pretty soon you see the light from Mystia’s stand through the water.

“We’re here,” You say, heading down from almost right above the place. Wriggle is sitting in her usual spot, munching on some meat on a stick. Rumia isn’t here, that you can see, and Mystia is in the kitchen. Wriggle gives you a half smile.

“Hey, you showed u---“

Medicine lands beside you.

Wriggle grins. “Hah. Another one? You might have to quit handing out free food, Mystia. Word is spreading fast.”

You look to Mystia. She’s not smiling, but rather, looks kind of surprised.

“Oh. I didn’t realize it was her.”

Medicine says this, not smiling either. But, then… a grin.

“Well, I guess that’s fine.”

“A-ah, you’re not going to poison us, are you?” Mystia asks, sounding a little off.

“Nope~” You say, “We’re friends.”

Mystia eases up a bit. Just a bit. You wonder what she’s all afraid for?

“No food today?” Wriggle asks, cutting in. “I would have thought you’d get twice as much with two people.”

[ ] We decided not to.
[ ] Too strong. Four sets of red eyes, going row row and scratching.
[ ] Something else (write-in).
>> No. 17596
[ ] Too strong. Four sets of red eyes, going row row (fight da powah!) and scratching.
>> No. 17597
[x] Too strong. Four sets of red eyes, going row row and scratching.
>> No. 17599
[X] Too strong. Four sets of red eyes, going row row and scratching.
>> No. 17614
[x] Too strong. Four sets of red eyes, going row row and scratching.
>> No. 17615
[x] Too strong. Four sets of red eyes, going row row and scratching.
>> No. 17623
[x] Too strong. Four sets of red eyes, going row row and scratching.

“We found some, but it was too tough,” You say, sighing. “There were four sets of red eyes, and they were making strange noises.” You try to imitate it. “Row, row! Grrr… like that. Right, Medicine?”

“Uh-huh,” She says, taking a seat. Rumia’s seat. “Like that, but more dangerous.”

You show Wriggle your arm. “And it scratched me. It was hard to hunt with no moon, too.”

“Huh. Sounds like a pack of wolves,” Wriggle says, “Probably youkai, too.”

“I-isn’t it full tonight?” Mystia asks, from inside the stand. You turn to look, and notice that she’s already cooking something more. For you, you think. “The moon, I mean.”

“I guess it could be,” Wriggle says, “I don’t really pay attention. And I can’t see it, since it’s still raining.”

“Well, the wild youkai all go a little crazy on the full moon. Maybe that’s why you ran into them instead of something normal.”

“They don’t taste that great, anyway,” Wriggle says, shrugging. “It’s probably good that you didn’t get one.”

“Oh.”

So, even if you had got one, it wouldn’t have been worth it. It’ll be better to hunt with the moon out, you guess.

Silence.

[ ] Bring something up (write-in).
[ ] Wait quietly for the food.
>> No. 17624
[X] Tell Medicine to introduce herself. It's important she do that!
[X] Talk about what you did today. Going to visit Yuuka, then Komachi, and the lecture lady, and then finally meeting Medicine.
>> No. 17625
[B] Tell Medicine to introduce herself. It's important she do that!
[B] Talk about what you did today. Going to visit Yuuka, then Komachi, and the lecture lady, and then finally meeting Medicine.
>> No. 17635
[X] Tell Medicine to introduce herself. It's important she do that!
[X] Talk about what you did today. Going to visit Yuuka, then Komachi, and the lecture lady, and then finally meeting Medicine.
>> No. 17644
[X] Tell Medicine to introduce herself. It's important she do that!
[X] Talk about what you did today. Going to visit Yuuka, then Komachi, and the lecture lady, and then finally meeting Medicine.
[X] Then, challenge Rumia to a danmaku rematch.
>> No. 17668
[x] Tell Medicine to introduce herself. It's important she do that!
[x] Talk about what you did today. Going to visit Yuuka, then Komachi, and the lecture lady, and then finally meeting Medicine.

“Hey, hey,” You say turning to Medicine. “You’ve gotta introduce yourself, right?”

She turns away from watching Mystia cook. “Oh, yeah. I’m Medicine. And this is Miss Lily,” She adds, holding up a flower. Did she bring that? You hadn’t noticed. “You’re Mystia, and you’re Wriggle, right? But, wasn’t there one more…?”

Wriggle nods. “Yep. Rumia’s around here somewhere.”

“Y-you are that one with poison, right?” Mystia asks, eventually. “You seem… different than last time?”

Medicine laughs. “You, too. You’re not singing an annoying song.”

“Not yet, anyway~” She says, flipping some meat-on-a-stick.

“Oh… heh,” Wriggle says, laughing. “I remember that story, now. You live over close to the mountains, right?” Medicine nods, as Wriggle continues. “What were you doing way over there, Phobe?”

“I was laying low,” You say, grinning. “First, I went to see Yuuka, but that got boring when she left. Then, I played with Komachi and listened to her boss. Then, I went to the mountains, but found Miss Lily on the way.”

Wriggle looks confused. “Komachi? Her boss?”

“Ah… Shikisomething Yamamandu?” You say, trying to remember her name. “It was long.”

“Shikieiki,” Medicine says, “You know, the Yama?”

“Ugh,” Wriggle says, “Yeah, I know now. Did you get lectured?”

“Hmm… not really,” You say, shrugging. “Komachi did though~”

“She stopped by here once, and gave us all a lecture.” Wriggle says, “What a blowhard.”

“Well,” Mystia says, “That’s good. There were a lot of humans around today. Maybe… ten? twenty? It wouldn’t have been good if they had found you.”

“Ten or twenty humans?” Medicine says, “That’s not too many, right?”

“Strong ones,” Wriggle says, “One or two probably would have been enough. At least they were quiet.”

Medicine shakes her head. “No way. One or two? I don’t believe you.”

“Food’s ready~”

Some meat on a stick is brought to you three. Four of them, on that paper stuff. “Normal sauce today,” Mystia says, “I’m going to have to restock my ingredients soon, I think.”

You pick up the one in front of you, and dig in. It’s very good, but the meat is a little funny. Not as good as boar. Medicine, Wriggle, and Mystia all do the same.

“Ah, tasty!” Medicine says, after taking one bite. “What is it?”

“Lamprey,” Mystia says, “Just normal stuff.”

“Really good~”

In no time at all, the food is gone. Delicious.

[ ] Suggest a game.
[ ] Bring up another topic.
[ ] Do something else (write-in)
[ ] Do nothing.
>> No. 17670
[ ] Find out more about the humans; we should know about our potential playmates.

But hey, that's just me.
>> No. 17675
[x] Just random talk, preferrably listen if others have something to say, but if not, ask about stuff.
>> No. 17676
[x] Just random talk, preferrably listen if others have something to say, but if not, ask about stuff.
>> No. 17677
[X] Find out more about the humans; we should know about our potential playmates.

> “Ah… Shikisomething Yamamandu?”

I am now imagining Yamame tying up Shikieiki in a web, then stealing and putting on her clothes, and going around pretending to be the Yama...medu.
>> No. 17680
[X] Find out more about the humans; we should know about our potential playmates.
>> No. 17682
Called, and writing. Not sure when it'll be done because I get the feeling I'm going to be dragged away to do stuff today.
>> No. 17697
[x] Find out more about the humans; we should know about our potential playmates.

“So, what were they like?” You ask, looking to Mystia.

“What was who like?”

“The humans.”

“Oh, haha. I didn’t talk to them or anything, so I don’t really know,” Mystia says, “They looked kind of mean, though, for humans. Really serious. Their weapons and stuff looked really sharp, too.”

“Will they be back tomorrow?” You ask, “It’s kind of annoying.”

Wriggle speaks up. “I’ll ask. Hold on.”

And, then, a spider crawls up on her finger. She says a few things to it, whispering like Yuuka does to the flowers, and it leaves again.

“So?” Medicine asks, after a little bit of silence.

“It’s going to take a while. He has to go ask the ones that know,” Wriggle says, shrugging. “And with all this rain, it’s hard for him to get around.”

“It’s hard for Miss Lily to spread her poison around, too,” Medicine says, “But, she needs it, too. I don’t think spiders need to get rained on.”

Wriggle nods, and looks out into the night. “I wish this would stop already. We’ve got enough for now.”

“Hey~”

You look where Wriggle’s looking after hearing that. Although you can’t really see anything, you can tell by the voice who it is. Rumia.

“Oh, that’s Rumia, right?” Medicine asks, looking over that way as well. By now, she’s close enough that the stand is lighting her up.

Wriggle nods.

“New person~” Rumia muses, “You’re in my chair~”

Medicine looks a little… annoyed. “I’m Medicine. And where does it say your name?”

“On the bottom.”

Both you and Medicine look. In red, there’s squiggles drawn on the bottom. Probably writing? You can’t read it.

“I don’t want to sit, though,” Rumia says. “Let’s play~”

“Play what?” Medicine asks, looking back up.

“Dunno~”

[ ] Suggest something (write-in).
[ ] Let someone else suggest something.
[ ] Something else (write-in).
>> No. 17699
[x] Let someone else suggest something.
Let's chill out the evening, watching rain is pretty calming.
>> No. 17700
[x] Let someone else suggest something.
>> No. 17701
>Probably writing? You can’t read it.
It's too bad we're laying low. Going to the village and learning to read could be interesting.

[X] Let someone else suggest something.
>> No. 17705
[x] Tickle war.
[x] Jello tag.
[x] Pillow fight.
[x] Strip Mahjong, body shots, playing doctor.

[x] Let someone else suggest something.
>> No. 17706
[x] Slumber Party!
>> No. 17707
[X] Let someone else suggest something.

This can only lead to danmaku.
>> No. 17714
>>17705
Ive herd of tag but Jello Tag? What the hells that?
[X] Let someone else suggest something.
>> No. 17715
[x] Slumber Party!

Why not?
>> No. 17716
[x] Slumber Party!
>> No. 17717
[X] Let someone else suggest something.
>> No. 17719
[x] Let someone else suggest something.

“Me, either,” Medicine says, “What do you usually play?”

“Fun things,” Rumia says, grinning.

“You know, like danmaku or hide-and-seek,” Wriggle says, “Or tag, making each other do dares... those kinds of things.”

Medicine looks confused. “I know the first one, but... what are the others?”

“We'll teach you, don't worry.” Mystia says, seemingly finishing whatever she was doing behind the counter. “Well, if we're doing anything today. It's still kind of bad.”

“Bad?”

“The weather,” Wriggle says, “Unless you're like Rumia or Phobe, I guess.” Wriggle gives you a sort of half grin. “They could probably get thrown in a frozen lake and not feel cold.”

“What's frozen?” You ask, not getting it.

“Wait a few months,” Wriggle says, “You'll see. Anyway, I'm not going to play out there. It's wet and cold.”

Mystia nods. “Can't we do something inside, though?”

A bright flash goes off, lighting up everything for just a tiny bit.

“More of that?” Wriggle says, sighing. “You'd think it'd be done by now.”

“Who cares~” Rumia says, “Let's play something already~”

Looking out into the sky, you notice something shining. Little tiny bits of light, almost like stars that keep fading and reappearing, but... there's clouds in the way, right? And stars don't just disappear. You think. None of the ones you've seen have. So, what are those?

[ ] Try to get people to go and see it with you. That'll be fun, you think.
[ ] Doesn't matter. You came up with a game! (write-in).
[ ] Something else (write-in).
>> No. 17721
[x] Try to get people to go and see it with you. That'll be fun, you think.
danmaku?
>> No. 17722
[x] Try to get people to go and see it with you. That'll be fun, you think.

Spy satellites
>> No. 17724
[x] Try to get people to go and see it with you. That'll be fun, you think.
>> No. 17725
[x] Try to get people to go and see it with you. That'll be fun, you think.

Betting only Rumia will go with her. Medicine might, too. Either way, it's going to look bad, what with three (or two) known human-unfriendly youkai showing up together.

But hey, what's life without a little terror?
>> No. 17726
[B] Try to get people to go and see it with you. That'll be fun, you think.
>> No. 17752
[x] Try to get people to go and see it with you. That'll be fun, you think.

“Let's go see that,” You say, pointing off in the direction of the lights. “It looks fun.”

No one says anything for a little bit, since they're busy looking. You think you were the only one that noticed.

“Huh,” Wriggle says, “Wonder what that is?”

Rumia gives you a little tug. “Let's go see it~”

You smile, and stand up. “Yeah, let's go see it~”

“Ah, me too.” Medicine adds.

“Me, too,” Mystia says, now leaning on the counter. “I wonder what it is? Even if it's raining, I think it's worth it to go look.”

Wriggle sighs, standing up slowly. “...you're right. It's strange. I'll go, too.”

You smile. It's better if everyone goes. “Ok, let's go~”

“A-ah, give me a minute,” Mystia says, “I've got to close up.”

It really only takes a minute. After you all head out into the rain, she closes the top part to the stand, folding it down. Then, all of you head into the sky. You take the lead.

Wriggle looks... not too happy. You still don't get it, but you wonder. If she doesn't like being wet and cold, why is she coming? It's strange. Mystia, too.

“Hmm. Such a gloomy day, along our curious way...”

Mystia begins singing something strange, and it doesn't make much sense. You can't follow it. It's kind of nice, too, though.

Looking back, you can't really make out any of the people following you. It's too dark. You can still see the lights, but the blinking is getting less and less. You think they might fade out before you get there if you don't hurry. Not that you aren't already hurrying. So, you might be fine.

[ ] Go faster. You can probably do it if you try really hard.
[ ] Try to hum along with Mystia's song. It's kind of catchy.
[ ] Ask someone if they might know what that stuff is.
[ ] Ask someone something (write-in).
[ ] Something else (write-in).
>> No. 17755
[x] Try to hum along with Mystia's song. It's kind of catchy.
>> No. 17756
[B] Go faster. You can probably do it if you try really hard.
>> No. 17758
[ze] Ask someone if they might know what that stuff is.

Curiosity~
>> No. 17761
[x] Ask someone if they might know what that stuff is.
[x] Try to hum along with Mystia's song. It's kind of catchy.
[x] Go faster. You can probably do it if you try really hard.

Why not all three, and in that order.
>> No. 17762
[x] Try to hum along with Mystia's song. It's kind of catchy.
>> No. 17763
[x] Ask someone if they might know what that stuff is.
[x] Try to hum along with Mystia's song. It's kind of catchy.
[x] Go faster. You can probably do it if you try really hard.
Damn it, I forgot if I voted here already. Maybe I should ask for a votecheck on myself.~
>> No. 17764
[x] Ask someone if they might know what that stuff is.
[x] Try to hum along with Mystia's song. It's kind of catchy.
[x] Go faster. You can probably do it if you try really hard.
>> No. 17766
[x] Go faster. You can probably do it if you try really hard.
>> No. 17767
[x] Go faster. You can probably do it if you try really hard.
[x] Try to hum along with Mystia's song. It's kind of catchy.
[x] Ask someone if they might know what that stuff is.

But, just a little more... you can do it, can't you? A little faster. Not much, but it's still a little faster. Maybe it'll be enough. You wonder if you can't be as fast as Marisa one day. She'd already be there. Maybe if you keep practicing, like you're doing with danmaku.

“Hmm, hmmm hmm...”

Mystia's tune is really catchy. You don't get the words, but it's kind of fun to sing. Medicine lets out a small sigh.

“You, too?” She asks, getting closer. “One is enough, don't you think?”

You give her a curious look. What does she mean? ...oh.

“The singing?”

She nods. “It's not that good.”

“I think it's good, though~” You say, looking forward again. “I don't get the words, but it's nice.”

She looks like she's about to say something, but then doesn't. You look forward. Even though you're this close, you can't make out what those things are. Just lights.

“You don't know what those are?” You ask Medicine, who's still close to you. She shakes her head.

“Maybe they're shooting stars,” Wriggle says, still sounding a little glum. “Probably not, though. There wouldn't be so many.”

“Shooting stars?” That sounds like something Marisa would do...

“Yeah,” Wriggle says, “Every once in a while, stars fall out of the sky. I'm not really sure why. It looks kind of like that, only they go on for longer.”

Mystia continues her song, though now you catch bits about mystery and strange things. You continue to hum with it.

Looking down, you can see that the forest is different now. The trees aren't as big, and they don't have as many leaves. They look like they bend a lot more in the wind, too. Is this the same forest? You don't think so. Maybe it's a different one next to yours? Tomorrow, you might come back when it's light out. Then, you could see.

Wriggle sighs. “Looks like we're a little late.”

You're here, you think, but there's no lights. Maybe if you take a look around, you might---

“Ah, over there!” You yell, seeing another dot. And another. And another, another, another... they're starting up again. You weren't a little late, just a little off.

Quickly, you all head in that direction.

“So, what do you think it is?” Medicine asks, flying up next to you again.

“What do you think it is?” You ask her.

“Nope, you first,” She says, turning around afterward. “You guys, too. It'll be fun to see who's right.”

Wriggle lets out a small laugh. “Sure. And the winner gets to make the losers do something. A punishment game.”

“A-ah, that sounds good,” Mystia says, breaking out of her song. “And if no one wins, nothing bad happens?”

“That sounds good,” Medicine says, turning back around to face you. “I want you to go first, though. What do you think it is?”

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 17768
[X] "I don't know. Something flying. That would make it... an unidentified flying object?"
>> No. 17773
[X] "I don't know. Something flying. That would make it... an unidentified flying object?

I wonder if the group ends up befriending Kogasa or Nazrin.
>> No. 17779
[X] "I don't know. Something flying. That would make it... an unidentified flying object?"
>> No. 17785
>[x] "I don't know. Something flying. That would make it... an unidentified flying object?"
This really isn't in Phobe's character, though. Now, she could have heard the word before, but can't for the life of her remember, so it comes out in a jumble of words.

"UFO?"

"Very good! Do you know what it stands for?"

"Un... Uni... Undies... Undefined Fantastic Object!"
>> No. 17787
[x] "I don't know. Something flying. That would make it... an unidentified flying object?"
>> No. 17789
>>17785
You're right, but at the same time, Phobe knows literally nothing about the world except what she's seen... so our choices are basically this, "durr a bird" or "durr a ghost," and this way is much more entertaining if this choice actually means something. (which it probably doesn't anyway - smells like one of those "Klay got tired and can't write more, here's a daily update" choices.)
>> No. 17791
[x] >>17785

It's not about whether it makes sense.
It's the HNNNNNNGGGG factor.
>> No. 17793
[X] It might be... Something from outside again? That would be interesting!

Anon gets lost in Gensokyo. Phobe eats him.
>> No. 17798
Sorry. My mind is a cold/flu (I've never been able to tell the difference) jumbled mess right now. Update... tomorrow, I hope. Maybe the next day.
>> No. 17802
>>17791
What, my version wasn't HNNNG enough for you?

What if I replaced 'Object' with 'Thingy'?
>> No. 17805
>>17791
You are the cancer killing this story.
>> No. 17807
[x] "I don't know. Something flying. That would make it... an unidentified flying object?”

“I don't know,” You say, “Some flying thing? Maybe it's something new, and we can't know what it is.”

“Like a UFO?” Wriggle asks, grinning, “Hah. I bet it's just danmaku.”

“Can we guess the same as someone else?” Mystia asks, “I was going to guess danmaku, too.”

Medicine thinks about it for a minute. “I think it'd be more fun if we pick something different, right?”

Wriggle nods. “And it wouldn't be good if we ended up with two winners.”

Mystia laughs. “You're right. Guess I'll have to win on my own. How about a big fire, and those are sparks?”

“Fireflies~” Rumia says, zipping past the whole bunch after saying this.

“I'll bet it's a human with a bright light,” Medicine adds finally, “And they're just shining it into the sky.”

You take off after Rumia. There's only one way to find out, right? “Let's go~”

It's only a short distance towards the spot where you need to go. And once you get there... the lights stop. Right when Rumia is a few feet away. You catch up, and look around, and... wait, this isn't where you were heading. Was it? The lights are over there, not here. Maybe they moved?

And where did Medicine, Mystia, and Wriggle go? They were right behind you, weren't they? You can't see them. Maybe you just went too fast, since if they were far away you wouldn't be able to anyway. Huh.

“The fireflies moved~”

[ ] You'll just have to catch these things, if they're going to move like that.
[ ] Maybe you should wait for the others? This is kind of strange.
[ ] Strange, but... strange is usually pretty fun, right? Chase after them.
[ ] Something else (write-in).
>> No. 17808
[x] Strange, but... strange is usually pretty fun, right? Chase after them.
>> No. 17810
[x] Strange, but... strange is usually pretty fun, right? Chase after them.
>> No. 17813
[X]Strange, but... Strange is usually pretty fun, right? Chase after them.
>> No. 17814
[x] Strange, but... strange is usually pretty fun, right? Chase after them.
>> No. 17815
[ze] Strange, but... Strange is usually pretty fun, right? Chase after them.
>> No. 17818
[X]Strange, but... Strange is usually pretty fun, right? Chase after them.
>> No. 17822
[x] Strange, but... strange is usually pretty fun, right? Chase after them.
>> No. 17824
[B]Strange, but... Strange is usually pretty fun, right? Chase after them.
>> No. 17825
[x] Strange, but... strange is usually pretty fun, right? Chase after them.

“Let's go get them,” You say, heading in that direction, “Before they get away~”

“Uh huh!”

Something's not right. But, it's not wrong, either, so you don't need to worry about it. It's not dangerous. Maybe it's something really interesting, even.

As the two of you get close to the light (you first, this time), they vanish again. But, looking across the horizon, there they are. Far away, again, but in a different direction. And still, only you and Rumia are here.

“Fast~” Rumia adds, before zipping towards the lights for a third time. You smile and follow her, as fast as you can. You're even fast enough to pass her, eventually, but once she notices she passes you.

“I'm gonna win~”

“No, me,” You say, looking over at her as you do. You're not that fast. But, neither is Rumia, so it's a pretty fun race. When you get there, though, the lights stop blinking and dancing. Again, they changed places. It doesn't take you long to find them.

And then, the sky flashes again. And, for just a split second, you see the others. Really, really far away. Or maybe it's someone else flying? They're not close to the lights, either. Farther away than you are, you think, and past them. Huh. Maybe they keep trying to get there and it moves, too. But, you haven't seen them yet, so maybe they're seeing different dots?

Confusing.

[ ] Try to guess where the lights will be next, and go there.
[ ] Maybe, one of these times, it won't move? Keep trying to get there.
[ ] Maybe you'll just try to get to the others. You don't get it, but they might.
[ ] Something else (write-in).
>> No. 17826
[x] Maybe you'll just try to get to the others. You don't get it, but they might.

Never a bad idea to stay close to friends, especially at a time like this.
>> No. 17827
[x] Maybe, one of these times, it won't move? Keep trying to get there.
>> No. 17828
[x] Maybe, one of these times, it won't move? Keep trying to get there.
>> No. 17829
[X] Maybe you'll just try to get to the others. You don't get it, but they might.

Starting to get a bad feeling about this.
>> No. 17830
I feel like Kleymen won't let Phoebe reach the lights because it's just a reason for him to make small updates. Like when he has nothing to write about but still needs to do it.
>> No. 17831
Whatever happened to the promised timeskip/plot, anyway?
>> No. 17832
>>Starting to get a bad feeling about this.
Bah. You're all boring.

[x] Try to guess where the lights will be next, and go there.
[x] If that's too hard...
-[x] Maybe, one of these times, it won't move? Keep trying to get there.

Come on, I can't be the only one who really wants something to happen. This is just stating to get a little exciting.
>> No. 17836
[x] Try to guess where the lights will be next, and go there.

advancement option
>> No. 17841
[x] Quickly calculate all possible trajectories the lights can take, then chase after all of them at the same time.
>> No. 17846
[x] Maybe, one of these times, it won't move? Keep trying to get there.

“Who won?” Rumia asks, “I think I did~”

“Wasn't it a tie?” You ask, thinking about what to do next.

“Hmm... maybe. Let's race to it again~”

Rumia takes off, before you even say anything.

Well, you wouldn't mind doing this all night. It's fun. You follow after her, laughing. One of these times, it's going to stay in place. And you'll be able to catch it. “Let's try to fly to a bunch of them in a row~” You yell to her.

“A checkpoint race!” She yells back, “Good idea~”

First two, then three, then four... none of them seem to want to stay in place. There are a few more flashes, but they're not as bright as the first. The rain doesn't get heavier or anything, either. Maybe that part is staying away this time? You don't know exactly how it works, but the bright parts seem to have more water in them.

But, right before reaching the fifth set of lights in the race... you look down. The trees are going the wrong way. Maybe. It's really hard to notice in the dark, so you slow down. As you do, you notice Rumia go past, only... she's not going the right way, either. You strain your eyes and notice her curve to one side, do circles, and then fade into the dark as she moves far away.

You try to follow her before she fades completely, but it doesn't work. You can't move closer to her. She's too fast, and flying too crazy.

Or, maybe... the new forest is crazy? It's not moving the right way when you move. Rumia wasn't moving the right way, either, though. Maybe you're crazy? Well, you are. But you don't think that's it. It's something else.

After trying a few different things, like moving a little, you think it's just the forest. If you go forward in this spot, you really go to that side. And backwards is really forward. But, over here, forward is that direction...

Fun. Strange, but fun. Maybe you can use this type of crazy for something.

Looking around, though, you can't see the edge of this new part of the forest. Or anyone else, since it's so dark. You sigh. Seeing at night like Wriggle, or Mystia can would be nice. You wonder if you can learn how.

Right now, though, you want to see what that stuff is. It's right over there. By looking down, you manage to fly a straight path... though, you have to go really, really slow. It's like you're spinning, but not. Slowly, slowly...

… and, you're there. The lights are right in front of you, but... what are they? They're... something, but you don't get it.

[ ] Reach out and grab one.
[ ] Just watch, and wait for the others.
[ ] Find a stick below, and use it to poke one.
[ ] Something else (write-in).
>> No. 17847
[X] Reach out and grab one.
>> No. 17848
[x] Reach out and grab one.

Why not?
>> No. 17849
[X] Reach out and grab one.
>> No. 17850
[x]Reach out and grab one.

Touching it is the solution to everything. What could possibly go wrong by blindly (figuratively and literally) grabbing some unknown lights in the middle of a forest while youkai hunters are roaming around, out for your blood?
>> No. 17851
[X] Reach out and grab one.
>> No. 17852
[x] Reach out and grab one.
What couldn't go wrong!
>> No. 17854
Sounds like a will-o'-the-wisp, actually.
>> No. 17855
[x] OM NOM NOM.
>> No. 17861
[X] Reach out and grab one.
>> No. 17863
[x] Reach out and grab one. Just make sure you don't smush it.
>> No. 17876
I'll, uh, update tomorrow. Sage for getting distracted by friends and other things in real life.
>> No. 17879
[x] Reach out and grab one.

Maybe if you could catch one, you could get a better look...?

You stretch out your open hand, reaching out towards the nearest one. Slowly, since you don't want to scare it. Can it be scared? Well, even if it can't, going slow is fine. A little closer, a little closer... wait. It's moving a little bit. Wait for it to get in line with your hand again, and... strike!

“Hehehe...”

The dot flies out of the way at the last moment, laughing. You missed. Again, you reach out to grab it, as fast as you can. Again, you miss. They're fast!

“Nice... try...”

You hear a bunch of little laughs, like the first one... only, they're coming from all around you. From the lights all around you. When did they get there? Weren't they just in front of you...?

“Tasty...”

Pain, from your arm. It... ow! It hurts!

Your other arm slaps the spot before you can even think about it. It feels warm. When you look down, you see one of those lights shining from underneath your hand. Only for a moment, though, then the light goes out. You lift up your hand. Is it---

“Thanks...”

The light comes back, zips out between your fingers, and vanishes again.

“Tasty...”
“Tasty...”

The other lights are saying the same thing as the first one. Maybe they're going to attack, too...?

[ ] Maybe danmaku would fight them off?
[ ] Try swatting them, like flies.
[ ] Something else (write-in)
>> No. 17880
[x] Maybe danmaku would fight them off?
>> No. 17882
[B] Maybe danmaku would fight them off?
>> No. 17884
[x] Maybe danmaku would fight them off?
>> No. 17885
[x] "Scramble" their emotions. They seem fairly simple minded.
>> No. 17888
[x] Maybe danmaku would fight them off?
>> No. 17889
Yep. We done been will-o'-the-wisped.
>> No. 17891
[x] "Scramble" their emotions. They seem fairly simple minded.
>> No. 17892
[x] "Scramble" their emotions. They seem fairly simple minded.
>> No. 17896
[x] Maybe danmaku would fight them off?

They're too fast to catch with your hands, so maybe danmaku would work? It's faster, and there's more than two bullets. You don't want to get bit again, either... and this'll keep them at a distance.

Just crazy should be enough. You move backwards, out of the cloud... except, you don't. You just swirl around, and back into it. The forest. Right. This is going to be hard.

Another small laugh, as another one of those lights tries to fly towards you. Down. Down and up aren't mixed up here, so you fly down while forming your pattern up. You can't tell if you're hitting, since your dots are like the biting ones. Not always, but they turn the same color sometimes as they swirl in color.

“Hehehe...”

The biting ones can change color, too, it looks like. Now you can't tell them apart at all. But, if they're up there, and you're down here, you just need to watch, right? But, from down here, you can't see all the bullets.

You swat the back of your neck, after feeling something. But, turning around, it's nothing...

“Tasty...”

A bullet shoots off from your free hand, right towards the rainbow colored dot. It dodges, and... well, you do, too. Or try to. Going back is how you dodge, but... it doesn't work here. Again. You forgot---

“Ow!”

Another bite, through your dress. The dot vanishes right away

It hurts a little more than danmaku, but the pain doesn't stick around for long. This might be a fun game. You think you can win, too, which makes it even more fun. You've got an idea, maybe, but... the lights might be gone if you do it. And then you can't show the others.

[ ] Try to dodge the biting lights until your friends show up.
[ ] You can just tell them about the lights later.
>> No. 17898
[B] Try to dodge the biting lights until your friends show up.
>> No. 17899
[x] Try to dodge the biting lights until your friends show up.
>> No. 17902
[x] Try to dodge the biting lights until your friends show up.
>> No. 17910
[ze] Try to dodge the biting lights until your friends show up.

I'm sure trying to outlast THIS time won't fail!
>> No. 17920
[x] Kill them now, keep all the exp and loot for yourself

You guys were the ones that wanted growth and development right? You're never going to get anywhere if you keep waiting for someone to come help you and not act out more.

Besides, trying to outlast danmaku, good. Trying to outlast LIVE danmaku that eats you, not so much.
>> No. 17921
[x] Try to dodge the biting lights until your friends show up.
>> No. 17924
[x] Try to dodge the biting lights until your friends show up.

Danmaku training.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x