[Return]
Archived Thread
File 124009895120.jpg - (107.42KB , 850x932 , marisa.jpg ) [iqdb]
14183 No. 14183
Testing Server Connection.
Connection Resolved.
Loading Scenario: Day 4, Late Afternoon

Option Selection Mode: On
Custom User Input: On
Parallel Threading: On

So you're a long-distance type?
You have quite a bit of power for that type though.
>> No. 14186
File 12400991669.jpg- (218.91KB , 585x757 , alice.jpg ) [iqdb]
14186
Loading User Commands:
[X] Go back with Alice to Eientei

---

"Let's go back," says Grimnír. "It will be good to see Marisa again."

"Great!" cries Alice. "Patchouli, do you mind if we take our leave."

"Don't forget to return the books," replies the pink and purple wizard.

With one last wave, the two of them set off for the exit. The hallways of the mansion are still quite empty when they walk by. And when they leave through the front door, the cluster of fairy maids is quite some distance away. Seems like they finished working on the nearer part of the mansion.

Strangely enough, he doesn't see any sign of Meiling. Even the gate looks abandoned.

"Leaving already?" says someone from behind.

"Ah!" says Alice. "Your name was Grey, was it?"

"I'm pleased that you remembered my name," replies the butler.

"W-well, it's not everyday that I meet someone as... interesting as you."

"You must be lucky then," says Grey, "To have met someone like Mr. Grimnír. I would imagine that the ability to use magic would be very useful here."

"I don't think that I was that lucky," replies Grimnír.

"How so?" asks the butler.

"I seem to attract... trouble," he replies.

"Trouble is nothing special," says Grey, "Especially around Gensokyo. Just be thankful that you haven't ended up dead yet."

The butler then clears his throat.

"I know that I am," whispers Grey.

...

The flight back to Eientei is mostly uneventful. As the afternoon approaches its end, he spots several travellers, human and youkai alike, heading back to their homes. The activity around the Human Village itself is especially noticeable. But he doesn't pay attention to it much.

Alice is strangely silent as they travel. She looks a little distracted, but she looks calm enough, so he decides not to disturb her. Grimnír yawns as they go on. He finds himself starting to daydream as they fly. They should arrive at Eientei soon, assuming they don't bump into trouble.

[ ] Think about Alice.
[ ] Think about Yukari.
[ ] Think about Marisa.
[ ] Think about Wriggle.
[ ] Think about Wriggle.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 14187
[X] Think about Wriggle.

Incoming fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
>> No. 14188
[ ] Think about Wriggle.

ITALICS MEAN SHITS GONNA GO DOWN.
>> No. 14190
[x] Think about Wriggle.

She's fighting that crazy Poseidon motherfucker and we need to save her.
>> No. 14191
[x] Think about Wriggle.
>> No. 14192
File 12401006629.jpg- (352.43KB , 600x800 , 68f5b31921eeae9bc80fab17eae85e55.jpg ) [iqdb]
14192
>>14178
>You consider her as an item?
You are now imagining switching to the Inventory screen, and in one of the slots is a sleepy little Yukari who yawns, smiles and waves at you.
>> No. 14194
[x] Think about Yukari.

Where the hell did she go? Also, it's >>14192's fault for making me choose this.
>> No. 14195
[x] Think about Wriggle.
>> No. 14196
[x] Think about Wriggle.
>> No. 14197
[X] Think about Marisa.

Remember her, guys?
>> No. 14198
>Remember her, guys?

Sure do. Just don't feel like thinking about her.
>> No. 14199
[X] Think about Wriggle.

>>14197

Yeah, but this name is in italics.
>> No. 14201
[X] Think about Wriggle

Where the hell has she been..?
>> No. 14202
[X] Think about Wriggle.
>> No. 14203
[x] Think about Wriggle.

Italics are important .
>> No. 14204
[x] Think about Wriggle.
>> No. 14223
[ze] Think about Wriggle.

I liked imouto Wriggle who wanted her brother to do her, too.

>>14203
Either this is irony or you are a dick. Or both.
>> No. 14224
>>14223

Or he doesn't know how to do italics.
>> No. 14229
>>14224
Reread his post.
>> No. 14236
>>14197
We just got a status update on Marisa, and she's being taken care of by Eientei. We have no idea what's going on with Wriggle.
>> No. 14255
File 124039561810.jpg- (56.08KB , 494x600 , wriggle.jpg ) [iqdb]
14255
Loading User Commands:
[X] Think about Wriggle.

---

Grimnír met several strange individuals when he arrived in Gensokyo. Marisa, the black-white "ordinary" magician, was the first he person he bumped into (quite literally). Her specialty involved powerful and flashy spells, most of which are based on light and heat. An energetic and active person, she seems to enjoy experimenting with new spells and components.

Shortly after, he met Alice, the seven-colored puppeteer. She was a master of doll craftmanship and manipulation. Quiet and composed, he finds her mannerisms quite enjoyable to watch (especially when embarrassed). She also seems to have a more confident and straightforward side to her, which he has only seen on occassion.

Then, in several strange encounters, he met the strange entity named Yukari. Her ability, the manipulation of borders, seems to be almost limitless as well as extraordinarily dangerous. However, she seems to be surprisingly responsible with her power, despite her behavior. After all, the world hasn't fallen apart yet.

"Wait, there was someone else..." he says to himself.

Wriggle Nightbug - the green-haired firefly girl. He met her on the way to Kourindou the other day. Then, he met her again at Hakugyokurou, where she asked for his help. She came with him to Eientei, where Dr.Yagokoro questioned her. Then, she... just disappeared?

Grimnír scratches his head and tries to think, but he can't remember where that girl went. In fact, what is more curious is that, more that anyone else, Wriggle was practically in every strange dream that he had. But why would that girl be in his head at all? He hardly even thinks about her.

Weird.

"Hey, Grimnír," says Alice, breaking his train of thought. "Do you see that?"

He turns to their right to see bright flashing lights coming from under the treeline. Even in the distance, he can hear several explosions and crashes. Then, after a few seconds, the lights and sounds all disappear. Seems like the commotion came from the direction of Mystia's red-lantern stand.

[ ] Approach the source of the commotion. Someone might be hurt.
[ ] That isn't any of your business. Just ignore it and head toward Eientei.
>> No. 14256
{X} Approach the source of the commotion. Someone might be hurt.
>> No. 14257
[X] Approach the source of the commotion. Someone might be hurt.

On the off chance HE has decided to move out of the Forest of Magic and decidely got closer to Eientei... CRAZY SPEARMAN STRIKES AGAIN~!
>> No. 14258
[x] Approach the source of the commotion. Someone might be hurt.

Let's be an hero!
>> No. 14261
[x] Approach the source of the commotion. Someone might be hurt.
>> No. 14263
[X] Approach the source of the commotion. Someone might be hurt.
>> No. 14270
[B] Approach the source of the commotion. Someone might be hurt.
>> No. 14275
[ze] Approach the source of the commotion. Someone might be hurt.

>>14257
Is that you, Bane?
>> No. 14279
>>14275

Sorry I'm not this Bane person you are refering to but I will eventually get a tripcode soon. Just been procrastinating on it and I rather have something, "concrete" to contribute to the boards till then. Unless it doesn't matter..?

I'm some what new to these boards generally speaking (since Aug/Sept of 08. Been into the games longer though)
>> No. 14280
File 12405288519.jpg- (12.45KB , 312x305 , mystia.jpg ) [iqdb]
14280
Loading User Commands:
[X] Approach the source of the commotion. Someone might be hurt.

---

"Let's investigate," says Grimnír. "Someone might be hurt."

"Alright," says Alice as she nods in agreement.

The two of them quickly change direction and fly toward Mystia's red-lantern stand. Or what is left of it, anyway. When they arrive, all they find are the charred and shattered remains of the little restaurant. Broken and burned pieces of wood are scattered all over the side of the road. A few of the trees nearby are still on fire, and there are several small craters dotting the ground around them.

Then, as they land to examine the damage more closely, the ground rumbles for a few moments. The tremor seems to have come from the direction of the flashing lights and loud noises. The commotion itself looks to be moving away from them.

"There," says Alice.

She points to her right, where several trees have strange burn marks upon them. He recognizes them immediately as the same type that he observed on the remnants of the street stand. If they follow this trail deep into the Forest of Magic, they are sure to discover who did this.

"Night bird... night song~" whispers a faint voice.

Grimnír turns around to see a strange blackened figure under some of the debris. His eyes widen in horror when he recognizes it as the owner of the red-lantern stand. Alice gasps and covers her mouth when she sees her (Shanghai mirrors the gesture with a tiny frightened expression of her own).

How can Mystia still sing in this state? Her hair is disheveled, and her face is caked with ash. Her clothes are tattered and burnt - black and red stains are all over her chest; her hat seems to be missing, and her ears droop sadly. Both of her arms are bleeding, and the one on the left looks broken. And her wings... oh god... one of them looks like it has been completely torn off, leaving a single bleeding stump on her back. She looks barely alive.

"Mystia!" cries Grimnír.

He immediately pushes off the debris to reveal even more injuries to her legs and lower body. This looks like a combination of a gunpowder accident and an animal attack. Very carefully, he starts examining her wounds.

"Dream in the night... red in the night~" sings Mystia.

"T-This is horrible," whispers Alice. "Who could have done this?"

"... shall crucify in the darkness~"

"Can youkai regenerate from wounds like this?" he asks.

"Youkai... in the light~"

"Eh? W-well, I think so," replies the dollmaker. "But I'm not sure. The abilities of youkai regeneration vary greatly, and Mystia isn't very powerful among them."

"Humans shall turn off the light~"

"We should take her back to Eientei," says Grimnír. "Maybe Dr. Yagokoro can -"

Suddenly, Mystia grabs on the side of his robe with her hand. He quickly moves closer to hear what she has to say.

"Lonely and frightened," she whispers. "Firefly in the darkness~"

With those last words, the sparrow girl falls unconscious in his arms. A moment later, they hear another loud crash from the direction of the Forest of Magic.

[ ] Head into the Forest alone. Leave Mystia with Alice.
[ ] Head into the Forest with Alice. Leave Mystia behind.
[ ] Stay with Mystia. Let Alice head into the Forest alone.
[ ] Stay with Mystia and Alice. Forget about the Forest.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 14282
[x] Head into the Forest alone. Leave Mystia with Alice.

Can you hear it Grimnir?

That's your theme song playing in the background.
>> No. 14283
[x] Head into the Forest alone. Leave Mystia with Alice.

In during FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>> No. 14284
[x] Head into the Forest alone. Leave Mystia with Alice.
>> No. 14285
[x] Head into the Forest alone. Leave Mystia with Alice.
>> No. 14287
[x] Head into the Forest alone.
[x] Tell Alice to take both Mystia and the blood sample to Eientei without you.

Heroic priorities.
You must save everyone, Anonymous!
>> No. 14288
[x] Head into the Forest alone.
[x] Tell Alice to take both Mystia and the blood sample to Eientei without you.
>> No. 14289
File 124054124787.jpg- (941.39KB , 1074x1517 , 1230845879193.jpg ) [iqdb]
14289
A Big Damn Hero moment....this is made for me.

[!/] Head into the Forest alone.
[!/] Tell Alice to take both Mystia and the blood sample to Eientei without you.

Why are we doing this for a little boy?
>> No. 14290
[x] Head into the Forest alone.
[x] Tell Alice to take both Mystia and the blood sample to Eientei without you.
>> No. 14291
[x] Head into the Forest alone.
[x] Tell Alice to take both Mystia and the blood sample to Eientei without you.
>> No. 14292
Guys, the blood sample was already delivered to Eientei. With that said,

[x] Head into the Forest alone. Leave Mystia with Alice.
>> No. 14293
>>14292

Wait, what?
We were on our way to Eientei when we decided to check out what was happening.
>> No. 14294
>>14293
Alice took the blood sample to Eientei while Grimnir stayed at the SDM.
>> No. 14295
[X] Head into the Forest alone. Leave Mystia with Alice.

This is a bad idea, I think I'll go for it.
>> No. 14296
>>14294

Ah, now I remember. Revising vote:

[x] Head into the Forest alone. Tell Alice to take Mystia to Eientei.
>> No. 14297
File 124062302960.jpg- (104.92KB , 650x833 , meiling.jpg ) [iqdb]
14297
Loading User Commands:
[X] Head into the Forest alone. Leave Mystia with Alice.

---

"Lonely and frightened," whispers Mystia. "Firefly in the darkness~"

With those last words, the sparrow girl falls unconscious in his arms. Then, they hear another loud crash from the direction of the Forest of Magic. Grimnír hesitates for a moment before speaking.

"Alice, can you do something for her?" he asks carefully.

The dollmaker steps closer to examine the wounded girl. He, too, carefully notes the locations of the broken limbs. Shanghai floats about nervously as they check her injuries.

"I can probably try to close the wounds, at least," says Alice. "This isn't my specialty, but I think I can do something."

"Alright," says Grimnír. "Can you stay here and take care of her for a while?"

"What?" she replies. "You aren't thinking of -"

"I'll be right back," he says. "Something doesn't feel right..."

Grimnír carefully lays the sparrow girl down before picking up his sack and staff. He gives Alice a little wave before walking off toward the Forest of Magic. Then, something suddenly tugs on his robes from behind. He turns around to see Shanghai pulling desperately at him, her face full of worry.

"Don't be reckless," says Alice. "We don't know what we are up against."

"I just want to check it out," he says assuringly. "If it looks bad, I'll retreat right away. I'm not stupid enough to believe that I can fight."

He gives Shanghai a small pat on the head as he pushes her tiny hands away. Then, taking a deep breath, he hops into the air and begins flying toward the direction of the noises.

...

The first thing he sees is a fast-moving red and green blur in the distance.

"Flowery Sign, 「Mountain Breaker」," it cries.

At those words, everything is filled with an explosion of colorful light. Suddenly, the whole area around is illuminated with the colors of the rainbow in a beautiful and destructive display of power. The tree, the bushes and the ground - everything that is touched by the brightest portions of the light simply shatters and turns to ash.

Grimnír covers his eyes to shield them from the brightness, and by the time he looks again, everything around the red and green figure has been reduced to a blackened crater. He slows down and watches in awe as the person lands on the ground as she rubs her knuckles. Wait, isn't that the gate guard from the Scarlet Devil Mansion?

"Not bad at all," says another voice. "If that hit, that might have hurt a little. Perhaps I have underestimated your abilities."

A small, cloaked figure steps out from the shadows of the Forest. From the person's voice, he can tell that it is a girl, but her stature is that of a child's. However, he can sense an unusual energy coming from the stranger.

"Too bad I don't have time to play with you," she says. "Why don't you just go back to your nap and mind your own business. A good servant does what she is told, after all."

"Stop pretending," says Meiling darkly. "I know that you were behind the attack at the gate."

"Eh? I don't know what you are talking about~"

"I have been on your trail for a while now," says the gate guard. "Originally, I was planning to follow until I find your hideout. But after what you did to Mystia, I couldn't just stand and watch."

"I see," says the stranger. "Pretty sharp for a simple servant. And powerful, too. You aren't what you seem to be. I really have underestimated you..."

Suddenly, the shadows behind the cloaked stranger light up with hundreds of eyes. Slow and deliberate, she motions for them to show themselves. Grimnír barely stops himself from gasping when they come out. Dozens of gigantic hornets fly out from the trees and into the open. Their eyes shine of youkai intelligence.

Meiling narrows her eyes, but she says nothing as she prepares a martial stance. Her eyes are filled with determination and focus.

"Don't take it personally," says the cloaked figure. "Things beyond control, both yours and mine, have brought these unfortunate, but necessary circumstances."

Neither of them have noticed his presence.
[ ] Help Meiling fight against the cloaked figure.
[ ] Help the cloaked figure fight against Meiling.
[ ] Don't do anything. Stay silent and watch.
[ ] Don't get involved. Head back to the others.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 14298
Oh god what.

I have a sinking feeling that the cloaked figure is Wriggle.
>> No. 14299
[X] Help Meiling fight against the cloaked figure.

Run away? Probably a good idea, but not the fun idea.
>> No. 14300
>>14298
More than likely, but considering what happened to Vincent over in /border/, there is (probably) a precedence for characters acting aggressively against their will. Furthermore, why would a resident of Gensokyo comment on underestimating Meiling? Icing on the suspicion cake:
>However, he can sense an unusual energy coming from the stranger.
Not good~
Even if Wriggle was responsible for the hornets, it doesn't explain the youkai dogs invading the SDM. All of that is pretty meta, though.

Regardless, we promised not to fight, we know Meiling is loyal (but legit), and this cloaked figure messed up Mystia. I'm willing to attempt a bit of the ol' cloak and dagger in this situation:

[X] Custom: sneak behind the cloaked figure and subdue her.

Since Meiling has proven to be a strong adversary, Ms. Cloaked Figure is focused on the task before her. Staff + cranium = BONK
>> No. 14301
>>14300

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

[X] Custom: sneak behind the cloaked figure and knock her "unconscious"

Assuming it's Wriggle gone mad/possessed, simply subduing her may prove fatal as she can simply swarm Grim with deadly poisonous insects; probably without so much as uttering a single syllable...
>> No. 14302
Worth a shot.

[X] Custom: sneak behind the cloaked figure and knock her "unconscious"

We should be opportunistic, though. Wait till she looks distracted, first...
>> No. 14304
File 124063659814.jpg- (402.24KB , 666x1000 , wriggle_vs_sdm_001a.jpg ) [iqdb]
14304
[x] Custom: sneak behind the cloaked figure and subdue her.

Pic probably not related.
>> No. 14305
[X] Custom: sneak behind the cloaked figure and knock her "unconscious"
>> No. 14312
File 124071146431.jpg- (154.52KB , 450x350 , meiling.jpg ) [iqdb]
14312
Loading User Commands:
[X] Custom

---

"Don't take it personally," says the cloaked figure. "Things beyond control, both yours and mine, have brought these unfortunate, but necessary circumstances."

She raises her hand slowly and points her finger at Meiling. At that signal, the youkai hornets rush forward like a wave crashing upon rocks. The gate guard stays calm, killing off each creature with a carefully placed punch or kick. Seems like she is pacing herself, as she knows that these are only small fry. She doesn't keep an eye off the stranger for even a moment as she fights them off. Eventually, she slays the beasts, leaving a pile of dead bodies on the ground.

"Impressive," says the cloaked figure. "After all that, you still don't leave any openings? How inconvenient this is."

The girl steps slowly forward towards the battle. Her hood covers her head, but Grimnír can almost see an amused smile on her face.

"I guess I can consider this a break from work," she says. "I hope you don't mind if I try to enjoy this a little longer..."

Then, the girl holds her palms toward Meiling. She starts firing bolts of green energy at her, which the gate guard easily deflects using some martial arts technique. The barrage continues to intensify, but slowly. The stranger seems to be completely at ease as she increases the power of her attack. She adjusts the bolts according to the capacity of the gate guard. Is she playing some kind of game with Meiling?

Grimnír takes a glance at the gate guard. She seems to be holding her own, but only barely. Forced on the defensive, Meiling is unable to counterattack. At this rate, it is only a matter of time until she is overwhelmed. He bites his lip as he watches the battle. Just as he told Alice a while ago, he doesn't know how to fight. He never trained in offensive magic. However, he can't just hide here and watch.

Silently, he circles around the battlefield until he finds himself behind the cloaked stranger. He might not be able to attack her with magic of his own, but he can always try a surprise attack. His staff is sturdy and hard, and the girl doesn't seem to know he is there. Patiently, he waits for an opportunity to rush her.

A minute passes until his chance arrives. The girl lowers her guard as she yawns at Meiling mockingly. In the next moment, Grimnír rushes from behind the trees to strike her with his staff. However, things don't go as planned. Before he can get a few feet from the girl, she points a finger behind her and fires a bolt of green energy straight at his chest. The impact of the attack is enough to send him crashing down against the ground.

"Hmm, another obstacle," says the cloaked figure as she turns around to look at him. "How annoying."

Grimnír grimaces in pain as he tries to force himself up. Then, in the next moment, a red and green blur appears right behind the cloaked stranger.

"That was a mistake," says Meiling. "Turning your back on your opponent."

Her fist glowing with radiance, she strikes straight at the girl's head, reducing it to ashes in an instant. The girl's decapitated corpse falls to the ground with a sick thud. Then the body starts quivering on the ground. Without warning, it transforms into a host of bugs. Spiders, centipedes, worms, slugs, insects, and all sorts of creatures start crawling out in all directions, leaving only a burnt set of clothes.

"Opponent?" says a voice from above. "You actually thought you could defeat me? That's cute~"

High above them, with her arms folded, hovers the girl. She looks completely unharmed.

"H-How did you -"

"You showed a lot of guts back there," says the stranger. "I think I'll give you a reward. Be grateful that you have the chance to see this technique first hand."

As Grimnír blinks, the hooded girl vanishes. Then, she suddenly reappears behind Meiling. She already has a spellcard in her hands.

"Magic Sign, 「Green Stardust」"

A blinding green light erupts from her hands. Grimnír shields his eyes from the explosion, and by the time he recovers, he only sees the broken, bleeding body of Meiling lying some distance to his left. She isn't moving. Wait, where did that other girl -

"And now, as for you..."

He jumps as the cloaked figure reappears right in front of him, only a few yards away. From this distance, he can't escape even if he wanted to.

"Wait a minute... those clothes," the girl says. "The second Alice is you? I-I don't understand...."

"Second Alice?" he repeats. "What are you talking about?"

"But I have my orders," she says. "Please don't hate me. Good bye, Grey Wizard."

She points her finger straight between his eyes. A long green dart starts forming at her fingertip. It glows with an eerie energy. If this hits him, he is dead for sure.

[ ] Call out for Yukari.
[ ] Shield yourself with a magic barrier.
[ ] Declare your spell card, "Logos Sign 「Calculated Risk」"
[ ] Inject yourself with the Dr. Yagokoro's drug.
[ ] Use _____ magic.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 14313
[ ] Declare your spell card, "Logos Sign 「Calculated Risk」"
>> No. 14314
[X] Declare your spell card, "Logos Sign 「Calculated Risk」"

Piercing attacks shatter barriers, quite unfortunately.
>> No. 14316
[ ] Use _____ magic.

I don't know. That looks too strong to counter with just a spell card.
>> No. 14318
[X] Declare your spell card, "Logos Sign 「Calculated Risk」"
>> No. 14320
[ze] Use _____ magic.

SURELY THIS WILL NOT GO WRONG.
>> No. 14323
..Did everyone forget what the spellcard does? It lets us know where shit's about to go down and we dodge it and shit.
>> No. 14324
>>14323

Oh, right.

...That sounds even worse than pretty lights. So we reach into our cloak, pull out the spellcard, and then call out its overly long name in order to get the power to think fast against someone who, for all we know, is a fraction of a second away from having her green bolt of doom primed and ready to nail us in the face. Getting clipped by the projectile and going back to Eientei in a stretcher sounds like the best case scenario there.
>> No. 14333
[ ] Inject yourself with the Dr. Yagokoro's drug.

GUYS
THIS WILL WORK
>> No. 14335
>>14333
[x] Inject yourself with the Dr. Yagokoro's drug.

I am convinced. What could possible go wrong here?
>> No. 14337
[X] Declare your spell card, "Logos Sign 「Calculated Risk」"

Must save this thread from failvote...
>> No. 14339
[x] Call out for Yukari.
We have one of the most powerful beings in Gensokyo in our pocket and no one even thinks about asking for her help? This Yukari hasn't really messed with us that badly and has only tried to kill us once.

She is practically nice to us in this story. What the hell Anonymous?
>> No. 14340
>>14335

It takes a while for the drug to work. The cloaked figure is going to shoot now.
>> No. 14341
>>14340

Uh, yeah, I originally voted for it as a joke.
Apparently I was not alone in my mentality.
>> No. 14342
>>14339

I do not want to use her as if she were an item. I want to love her and take her on a carnival ride.
>> No. 14343
[x] Call out for Yukari.
[x] While preparing to use _____ magic.
>> No. 14344
>>14339
I am not going to vote for something that involves call out for xxx
>> No. 14346
[ ] Use _____ magic.
>> No. 14347
>[ ] Use _____ magic.

The people who are voting for this do realize that they have to specify what magic to use, right?
>> No. 14348
>>14347
have you even glanced over the past threads?
>> No. 14349
[x] Use _____ magic.
>> No. 14351
[X] Declare your spell card, "Logos Sign 「Calculated Risk」"
>> No. 14359
File 124091754925.jpg- (31.72KB , 449x541 , wriggle.jpg ) [iqdb]
14359
Loading User Commands:
[X] Declare your spell card, "Logos Sign,「Calculated Risk」"
---

The cloaked figure points her finger straight between his eyes. A long green dart forms at her fingertip. It glows with an eerie and strangely familiar energy. If this hits him, he is dead for sure.

"Please don't hate me," she whispers.

With only a few seconds left, Grimnír takes a gamble. He draws a spell card from his robes and carefully mutters the incantation.

"Logos Sign,「Calculated Risk」"

Suddenly, everything becomes clear in his mind. As if time is slowing down, he is able to observe and analyze every detail of the situation within a single moment. But first, he needs to learn more about his opponent. Patiently, he recalls the stranger's spell card attack on Meiling. Green luminescence... impact radius... cast delay... spiritual field... electrical interference...

The spell's destructive potential is approximately seventeen times more powerful than Marisa's "Master Spark". By generating a small anti-magic field, Meiling managed to reduce its effect greatly, but it still caused a lot of damage. The gatekeeper must be quite powerful to even survive the attack, though she most certainly won't be getting up any time soon.

Grimnír forces himself up slowly as he examines the glowing projectile at the stranger's fingertip. Destructive potential of the dart is several times weaker, but it is enough to pierce even his most powerful barrier. Estimated velocity on release is near the speed of sound. There is no way he can dodge or block this attack with his current abilities.

"Damn it," he tells himself.

But there is something strange. The energy bolt has already been fully charged one and a half seconds ago. The stranger simply hasn't fired yet. Is she hesitating?

"Good bye, Grey Wizard."

He closes his eyes to brace for the impact. Her stance is already burned in memory. By the direction and angle of the dart, he can predict its trajectory. It has 99.89% chance of hitting exactly three inches to the right of his head. Wait... it is going to miss?

Then, she fires the projectile. The ground tremors at the impact. Grimnír slowly opens his eyes to verify his calculation. To his right, he can see a deep crater on the ground. No time to think. He immediately takes this chance to fly into the air. After increasing the distance between them by a comfortable amount, he turns back at the stranger.

"I... missed?" says the cloaked figure.

As she turns around to face him, the wind blows the hood off her face. He recognizes the girl immediately.

"W-wriggle?" mumbles Grimnír.

"..."

Green hair and a cute pair of antennae on her head, she looks exactly like the firefly youkai he knows. But her clothes seem a little bit different. Several of the designs on them seem to be made up of magical runes and symbols. And as he looks closer, her eyes have a strange and cold determination in them. He never thought he would see that kind of face on this girl.

"I don't know," says Wriggle. "I don't know how this is supposed to help..."

"What are you doing?" he cries. "Why are you attacking your friends?"

"But I trust my Master," she whispers. "This is my duty... as a magician."

She raises her hand toward him, and as she mutters an incantation, hundreds of glowing green orbs start forming around her. Each of them have quite a bit of power - if even one hits him he is dead. And from their angle and position, the projectiles have a... 99.9972% chance to hit him.

"Oh shit."

The spell card is still in effect.
[ ] Try to talk to her. [Calculated Success Rate: ~23%]
[ ] Retreat back to the others. [Calculated Success Rate: ~57%]
[ ] Ask Yukari for help. [Calculated Success Rate: ~68%]
[ ] Inject yourself with Dr. Yagokoro's drug. [Calculated Success Rate: ~29%]
[ ] Use _____ magic. [Calculated Success Rate: ~12%]
[ ] Custom. [Calculated Success Rate: Variable]
>> No. 14360
[x] Ask Yukari for help. [Calculated Success Rate: ~68%]
>> No. 14361
{X} Use _____ magic. [Calculated Success Rate: ~12%]

Sounds like 100% to me.
>> No. 14362
[x] Before the effects of your spellcard expire, triangulate the position where the number of projectiles that hit you will be the smallest, then move to that spot and use earth magic to create the strongest barrier that you are able to in a small timeframe.

It seems like a tactical sacrifice would be the best course of action here. Even if we get hit, we can (hopefully) at least absorb enough force to make the shots non-lethal.

That said..

[x] Afterwards, talk to Wriggle.

"Success rate" my ass. Even for someone like Grim, there comes a time when one must kick logic to the curb. Wriggle is like a sister; we can talk her out of this. It's pretty clear that this isn't what she wants.
>> No. 14363
>>[ ] Ask Yukari for help. [Calculated Success Rate: ~68%]

It is true that this has the highest projected success rate of the preselected options.
It is true that Yukari has given us no reason to mistrust her.
It is true that she probably will save us.

...But what about Wriggle? Sorry, Yukari, but I don't trust you enough to excercise restraint. She might kill her.

>>[ ] Use _____ magic. [Calculated Success Rate: ~12%]

Same deal here. We don't have nearly enough control of this power.

>>[ ] Inject yourself with Dr. Yagokoro's drug. [Calculated Success Rate: ~29%]

When has "Eirin's Shady New Drug" been anything but bad news? Even if it saves us now, I'd rather not deal with the inevitable side-effects later.

>>[ ] Retreat back to the others. [Calculated Success Rate: ~57%]

Viable. Plus, we promised not to get dragged into a serious fight... But we need to survive this barrage before we worry about that. I think our promise to not die takes precedence over our promise to retreat if we're in trouble. Agreed?

>>[ ] Try to talk to her. [Calculated Success Rate: ~23%]

This was a part of my above write-in, and I'm sticking with it. However, just talking to Wriggle won't stop the projectiles that she's already fired.
>> No. 14364
[X] Ask Yukari for help. [Calculated Success Rate: ~68%]

This spellcard is useless if you just ignore what it tells you. Asking Yukari for help and running away are the only two options with any reasonable chance for success, so choose one of them.
>> No. 14365
[x] Inject yourself with Dr. Yagokoro's drug. [Calculated Success Rate: ~29%]

Unleash the beast inside.
>> No. 14366
>>14362

Yeah, but does Grim have enough hot blood to pull it off? He doesn't strike me as a Kamina or post-timeskip Simon. Yet.

[x] Call out for Yukari. [68%]
>> No. 14367
>>14366

Manly tears and bitch tears are emphatically similar.
He can pull this off.
>> No. 14368
>>This spellcard is useless if you just ignore what it tells you.

"Never tell me the odds."

... But seriously, now.
Running away is the same as trying to evade the bullets. Which is not going to work. I think the success rate are for the chances of each action succeeding, rather than the action saving us.
We could, for example, try to call Yukari for help. The success rate tells us the odds of being able to contact her, not the likelihood of her assisting us in time to save our life.

As for the _____ magic option, I don't think we know nearly enough about it to get an accurate figure on it's success rate.
>> No. 14380
[X] Try to talk to her. [Calculated Success Rate: ~23%]

0%, 100%, etc.
>> No. 14382
[x] Ask Yukari for help. [Calculated Success Rate: ~68%]
>> No. 14388
[ ] Use _____ magic. [Calculated Success Rate: ~12%]

fuck that, Grey will be Wriggle's master and this will show her why
>> No. 14389
[ ] Use _____ magic. [Calculated Success Rate: ~100%]

Never Quit! Never Give Up!
>> No. 14392
Enjoy your dead Wriggle.
>> No. 14393
>>14388
If we hit her with that, there won't be any Wriggle left to be master of.
>> No. 14395
>>14388
>>Grey

Wat.
>> No. 14399
[x] Ask Yukari for help. [Calculated Success Rate: ~68%]
>> No. 14400
[x] Ask Yukari for help. [Calculated Success Rate: ~68%]
>> No. 14421
File 124102157084.jpg- (442.54KB , 1076x757 , yukari.jpg ) [iqdb]
14421
Loading User Commands:
[X] Ask Yukari for help. [Calculated Success Rate: ~68%]

---

While he still doesn't trust her, he doesn't have much choice. This is the option with the best chance of success. Besides, she did offer her help. Might as well find out if she really is on his side. After all, at this point, what does he have left to lose?

"Hey Yukari," Grimnír says. "If you can hear me, I could really use your help right about now..."

He tugs at the front of his robe desperately, but no one answers. Quickly, he checks his pockets and sack, but she isn't in there, either. Oh god... is she asleep again?

"Don't worry," says Wriggle. "Your body will be vaporized before you can feel any pain. I'll make sure of it."

"W-what?" he cries. "Don't decide things like that on your own! Even if it's painless, I don't want to die!"

"I... don't want you to die either," she whispers back.

"Then why are you doing this?" he argues.

The firefly youkai simply raises her hand and points it at him.

"Because I have to save this world," she says.

In the next moment, the glowing green orbs blink brightly and start flying toward him. So fast! There is no way he can dodge this attack, and even his best barrier can't stop a single shot. Grimnír shields his eyes with his arms in reflex, though he knows his efforts are futile. Patiently, he waits for the end.

"..."

But it doesn't come. He doesn't even feel the heat or force of the impact. Slowly, he opens his eyes. As he looks around, he sees himself surrounded by tall trees and bushes. He recognizes this place as part of the Forest of Magic, perhaps only some distance away from the battlefield. Wait... what happened?

"Haa... haa... haa..."

Heavy breathing? But he isn't panting. Grimnír quickly turns to the left to see a familiar miniature girl on the ground. She is lying on her back, breathing heavily as if exhausted.

"Y-Yukari?" he cries. "Yukari! Are you alright?"

Slowly, the tiny girl opens a single eye. Seeing that he is unharmed, she forces a smile.

"You're alive," she whispers. "That's good."

"Wait, what happened?" he says. "Can't you use your powers to gap your main body back here?"

"I tried that," says Yukari. "Something is blocking my ability. I can't reach this space."

"Is that even possible?" says Grimnír.

Suddenly, the tiny girl jerks up and coughs. His eyes widen as he realizes that Yukari is coughing blood. Does she have internal injuries? She looks up at him and shakes her head.

"I don't think I can be moved," she says. "Listen closely. I don't have much time."

A bright green light suddenly flashes toward his left. He stands up and looks toward its direction. Wriggle must be approaching this place already.

"Leave me here and run."

[ ] Escape alone.
[ ] Stay with her.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 14423
[X] Escape alone.
>> No. 14424
[x] Escape alone.

We lose our Yukarin Pocket™ unexpectedly. T_T
>> No. 14430
[x] "If you die here, what happens to the rest of you??"

A brief update should be enough to answer this question. It shouldn't take long to ask, either, so we still have time for one of the previous options after we get our answer.
>> No. 14432
[x] "If you die here, what happens to the rest of you??"
>> No. 14433
[x]Escape Alone
>> No. 14434
[x] "If you die here, what happens to the rest of you??"
>> No. 14435
[x] "If you die here, what happens to the rest of you??"

time to activate screaming and rage power.
>> No. 14437
[x]"If you die here, what happens to the rest of you?"
>> No. 14439
[x] Stay with her.
Pissing against the tide and sanity, but I really would...
>> No. 14440
[x] Tear off a piece of your cloak and wrap her in it carefully. She's coming with you whether she likes it or not.
>> No. 14442
>>14440

She's got internal injuries, if we move her she dies.
>> No. 14443
[ze] "If you die here, what happens to the rest of you?"

fffffff
>> No. 14445
Now that I think about it, Yukari says she can't reach 'this space'.
What defines 'this space'? Is it a bubble that follows Wriggle to try and trap Grim, does it follow only Grim, or both?

If that's the case, running away with Nightbug on Grim's tail might wind up saving Yukari.

If it's stationary, then it's a problem.
>> No. 14449
>>14445

Interesting... but, unfortunately, we probably have no way of finding out.

In an unrelated story: I just suddenly realized how much the thread's OP pic makes me miss Marisa. Huh.
>> No. 14462
Updates?
I know you're probably busy with finals (a lot of the writers on THP are), but I think just a couple lines can answer this question. It's kind of what I was expecting, anyway.
>> No. 14468
File 124124635679.jpg- (124.31KB , 700x700 , yukari.jpg ) [iqdb]
14468
Loading User Commands:
[X] Custom

---

"Leave me here and run," whispers Yukari.

For the past few days, he felt nothing but suspicion and fear of this girl. After all, she had already tried to force her will into his head once. And while she didn't harm him on their other "meetings", he certainly didn't welcome her in his mind. It felt unnatural and dangerous. One's mind is one's world, and only a fool would accept a stranger into it so freely.

When she offered her help, he hesitated. What would she want in return? Was this a honey-laden trap? Was she involved in everything that happened, in some sort of conspiracy? There were too many questions, and he couldn't trust her.

Even now, after she had saved his life, his heart feels cold. This isn't an issue of trust or friendship, but that of logic. He must select the course of action that has the most reasonable chance of success.

"Yukari," he says. "If you die here, what happens to the rest of you?"

The tiny girl coughs violently before looking up at him, her eyes turning glassy.

"This really isn't the time to ask questions," she says. "But you aren't going to move unless I answer, are you?"

"..."

"Like I said before," says Yukari. "This self is also myself, unlike a mirror-image or a familiar. That is why my awareness exists here. That is why I can use my powers. This isn't an extension, but a true part of myself."

"But doesn't that mean..."

"I've never died this way before," she says. "But I don't really mind losing a part of me. After all, this is to protect something important."

"What?" he says. "I don't understand. Why would you risk so much?"

"Gensokyo needs you," says Yukari. "And maybe I do, as well."

Grimnír hesitates. There is still a good chance that she is lying.

"Don't worry about me," she whispers. "We will see each other again, one way or another."

Slowly, another voice starts to drown out his calculated logic and rational thought. Something pulls tightly at his chest. A warm and powerful feeling, he can feel it pump through his veins. Grimnír stands up and takes a glance at the clear blue sky.

"I'm sorry... my friend..." he whispers.

Without another word, he takes off into the air.
>> No. 14470
File 124124944731.jpg- (143.77KB , 900x900 , wriggle.jpg ) [iqdb]
14470
"You have come out on your own?" says Wriggle. "How unexpected."

"Wriggle Nightbug," says Grimnír. "Why are you doing this?"

"I told you already," she says. "I have to save this world. It is my duty."

"So you are saying that I am an enemy of this world?"

Wriggle pauses for a moment to think about it.

"Perhaps not," answers the firefly. "But your existence is extremely dangerous. We can't take the risk that you present to the balance."

"Kill the innocent few to save the many," he replies. "I'm assuming that you are thinking along those lines?"

"This game isn't as simple as that."

"Then why?" says Grimnír. "Why are you willing to kill your own friends?"

Wriggle looks at him with a solemn expression.

"In this game," she says. "There are no winners. Only ways to lose a little bit less."

"..."

"I'm sorry," says Wriggle. "Please don't hate me."

The firefly youkai raises her arm and fires several green darts at him. Slowly he closes his eyes to focus. Then, he generates a great barrier in front of him, defying his self-calculated limits. The impact of the attack is incredible, but somehow, he survives. Wriggle gasps in surprise as the dust clears. He is still hovering in front of her, unharmed.

"E-eh?" she mumbles. "How did you?"

"If that is how this game is played," Grimnír whispers darkly. "Then I will bend and break all the rules to change it into something else. Something more."

His bracelet starts glowing with an eerie light. He can feel an incredible energy flowing through his body. With this power, maybe he can call upon...

[ ] A legion of loyal and heartless servants.
[ ] A burning and cleansing luminescence.
[ ] A destructive and unpredictable anomaly.
[ ] A fearless and -

"I-It can't be..." cries Wriggle. "No... I can't let you awaken!"

She suddenly pulls out a spellcard from her clothes.

"Verdant Force,「Endless and Infinite Night」"

Everything starts to turn dark. He can feel an incredibly powerful energy emanating from her. She only needs a few seconds to complete the incantation, but he already understands. This attack... there is no way he can counter it in time. Grimnír sighs heavily as he waits for it to land. Though, for some strange reason, he has no regrets.

"Iyaaah!" she cries suddenly. "W-what the -"

A familiar figure floats in front of him. Dressed in a thick worn coat and some old pants, the man turns around slightly to glance at him. In his right hand, the man holds a long trident made of a strange dark metal. From this close, he can recognize some of the ornate designs on the weapon as high-level magical runes.

"You really are crazy," he says. "Diving head-first into a battle you can't win."

"Y-you!" Grimnír cries. "W-what are you -"

"Don't misunderstand," says the trident-wielder. "I will have nothing to do with you or your friends."

Then, he points the weapon straight toward Wriggle.

"But for once," he says. "We both agree that this person is a nuisance. A bug that should be squashed."

"S-squashed?" says Wriggle. "W-who do you think you are?"

The stranger then strikes an imposing pose in mid-air as he points at the firefly girl.

"I am the Wolf Knight," he says. "And you are already within my territory."

Suddenly, Grimnír becomes aware of a familiar field of influence. He can feel a terrible crimson energy around the whole area.

"This forest shall be painted Scarlet with your blood..." says the stranger.

"W-wolf knight?" repeats Wriggle. "This isn't part of the plan... damn it..."

Suddenly, the firefly girl starts chanting some spell commands. Grimnír recognizes it as a high-level teleportation spell. Then, the stranger turns toward him.

"Are we going to let her escape, Serpent Knight?" he says.

[ ] Let her escape.
[ ] Attack her together.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 14472
[X] A burning and cleansing luminescence.
[X] Let her escape.
>> No. 14473
[X] Let her escape.
>> No. 14475
{X} Let her escape.
>> No. 14476
[x] Let her escape for now.
>> No. 14477
[X] Let her escape.
[X] "'Serpent'? 'Wolf'? Explain yourself."
>> No. 14478
[z] Let her escape.
[e] "I've had it up to here with not knowing what the hell is going on while seemingly everyone else does. 'Serpent'? 'Wolf'? Explain yourself."

>Serpent
>Wolf

Am I the only one getting Norse vibes?

...and we kinda did name ourselves after one of Odin's alter egos, I think.

And where the hell have I heard of wolf knights and serpent knights from? It's so damn familiar. I think there was a game with them in it, too.
>> No. 14479
[x] Let her escape.
[x] "I've had it up to here with not knowing what the hell is going on while seemingly everyone else does. 'Serpent'? 'Wolf'? Explain yourself."
>> No. 14483
File 124136433860.jpg- (122.96KB , 850x670 , wriggle.jpg ) [iqdb]
14483
Loading User Commands:
[X] Let her escape.

---

"Are we going to let her escape, Serpent Knight?" says the trident-wielder.

Grimnír pauses to think. Wriggle seems to be chanting the spell commands for a teleportation spell. They only have a few seconds to stop her. But, for some reason, he can't bring himself to recklessly attack the girl. There are too many missing pieces in this puzzle.

"Yes, I believe we are," he says firmly.

"Alright then, so shall we... what?" replies the stranger.

"She seems quite powerful," says Grimnír. "There is no guarantee that a couple of humans can take her down so easily."

"..."

"Besides," he adds. "I'd rather make sure that everyone is alright. Mystia needs medical attention, and that gatekeeper took a beating earlier."

With a flash of green light, Wriggle suddenly vanishes. The stranger gives him a shrug and a sigh.

"Well... I guess that it has nothing to do with me," he says.

Then, before he can ask him some questions, the trident-wielder quickly heads back toward the ground. He stops slightly when he spots the wounded the gatekeeper. After a moment of hesitation, the trident-wielder rushes down beside her. He seems to be examining her clothes for something. Maybe he is searching for something? But by the way he is moving his hands...

"Hey!" cries Grimnír. "Don't even think about taking advantage of an unconscious woman!"

The stranger ignores him and continues his work. He doesn't seem ashamed of touching certain sensitive places as he moves his hands hurriedly.

"Are you some kind of sicko?" he cries. "This girl needs medical attention, and you are still thinking of -"

"Found it," says the trident-wielder.

Suddenly, the stranger stands up and shoves a small bottle into his hands.

"Apply a small amount on her wounds," he says. "This will speed up Meiling's regeneration."

"Wait... what?"

"She makes the medicine for herself," says the stranger. "I don't think it works on others."

Without another word, the trident-wielder gives him a small nod before walking away.

"Hey!" cries Grimnír. "Who the hell are you anyway? Why are you helping us? And why am I the Serpent Knight?"

The stranger pauses for a moment.

"Your other friend is being kept in a nearby cave in that direction," he says, pointing toward the right.

Then, the trident-wielder disappears deep into the forest with inhuman speed. The crimson energy vanishes as he leaves, and soon there is no trace of him left. Even if Grimnír wanted to follow, the Forest of Magic is far too large to search.

Grimnír pauses to think.
[ ] Search for Yukari.
[ ] Return to the others.
[ ] Approach the nearby cave.
[ ] Use the medicine on Meiling's wounds.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 14487
[X] Use the medicine on Meiling's wounds.

Duh.
>> No. 14490
[X] Use the medicine on Meiling's wounds.
>> No. 14493
[X] Use the medicine on Meiling's wounds, but be quick about it.
[X] Search for Yukari.

Meiling's wounds probably aren't fatal; a quick application should be enough.

Honestly, the chances of finding Yukari are low (she is very small), and the chances of her being alive are lower... But the danger has apparently passed, and even if it's a futile effort, I'd like to try and do something.
We still have Eirin's drug. I don't know what effect it'll have on youkai physiology, but there's a chance it'll give her regenerative abilities the hike she needs, or maybe replenish her power enough to last till her "main self" or her shikigami can get here.
>> No. 14499
Well, that sure could have gone better.

Pity not enough people voted for the write-in.
>> No. 14502
[X] Use the medicine on Meiling's wounds, but be quick about it.
[X] Search for Mini-Yukari.
>> No. 14504
>other friend
Wait, are we still missing anyone?
>> No. 14509
>>14504

Crap. Missed that.
I would still have to go with the current winning choices, though.
>> No. 14510
[X] Use the medicine on Meiling's wounds, but be quick about it.
[X] Search for Yukari.
>> No. 14511
[X] Use the medicine on Meiling's wounds, but be quick about it.
[X] Search for Yukari.
>> No. 14517
[X] Use the medicine on Meiling's wounds, but be quick about it.
[X] Search for Yukari

For all we know Yukari may very well just be comatose than dead.
>> No. 14526
File 124144929416.jpg- (198.78KB , 1200x900 , yukari.jpg ) [iqdb]
14526
Loading User Commands:
[X] Use the medicine on Meiling's wounds.
[X] Search for Yukari.

---

As the trident-wielder vanishes into the forest, the crimson energy field disappears with him. Left alone with the unconscious gatekeeper, Grimnír pauses to think. The dangerous wanderer of the Forest... Marisa's unusual injury... Wriggle's appearance at Hakugyokurou... Dr. Yagokoro's analysis of the reading... Remilia's unexpected generosity... and now an attack on Mystia's red-lantern stand. Is everything just a coincidence?

He shakes his head in frustration. There isn't enough data here to come up with an acceptable conclusion. All he can do now is make the best decision for the present. First things first - he needs to help Meiling.

"Hmm..."

Grimnír quickly examines the gate guard. Her injuries are very similar to Mystia's, if not a little less severe. She has deep cuts and burns all over her body. Thankfully, nothing seems broken, and she is still breathing.

Having no better idea, he opens the bottle the stranger gave him. It is full of an ointment that smells strongly of herbs and mushrooms. With a shrug, he starts rubbing some of the medicine on Meiling's wounds. The girl shudders slightly as he does so, but she doesn't wake up. After putting the medicine, he lays the gatekeeper in a more comfortable position before preparing to head into the forest once more.

"That should do," he says aloud. "Now to find Yukari..."

...

After flying and searching the area for a while, Grimnír lands and leans against a tree to rest. He couldn't find any trace of the girl, even when he checked the last place where he left her. Searching for someone so small is an impossible task in this labyrinthine forest. He looks up desperately at the clouds as he catches his breath. This is a futile gesture.

"Where the hell are you?" he asks aloud, half-expecting Yukari to pop out beside him.

This time, however, she doesn't, and Grimnír finds himself alone in the forest. Time passes, both slowly and painfully. The sky is starting to turn orange as the sun sets. To the right, he can see a small cave, almost hidden by the trees. That must be what the stranger was pointing to earlier. To the left, he can still see the clearing where he left Meiling. Perhaps he should check on her as well.

"I just want to see her again..." he whispers.

The moment he says that, he realizes that it's true.

[ ] Keep searching the forest.
[ ] Head toward the cave.
[ ] Return back to the clearing.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 14527
[x] Resolve yourself to apologize to Alice later.
[x] Head toward the cave.
>> No. 14528
[X] Head toward the cave.
>> No. 14529
[X] Head toward the cave.
>> No. 14531
[x] Head toward the cave.
>> No. 14532
[x] Head toward the cave.
>> No. 14535
Calling it.

Updates in seven minutes.
>> No. 14538
File 124145798646.jpg- (21.94KB , 417x467 , wriggle.jpg ) [iqdb]
14538
Loading User Commands:
[X] Head toward the cave.

---

Grimnír forces himself up and takes another look at the cave. No matter how he thinks about it, the place looks like any ordinary cave. He doesn't even feel any presence from inside. However, he doesn't really have any other ideas. This might be an important clue.

"Ah hell..." he mutters as he walks toward the entrance.

For the first ten minutes, he finds nothing of interest. The cave itself has several cracks on the ceiling to let in light, so he has no trouble walking. There are no turns or small tunnels, and the place seems to be just a hole in the wall. Then, just as he thinks about turning back, he notices something shining in the distance.

Grimnír quickly follows the glow until he discovers a large chamber at the end of the tunnel. On the right, a single beam of blue light is emitted from an electronic device embedded into the wall. From this source, the light collides with a carefully positioned set of mirrors, lenses and prisms at the center of the room. The optical devices reflect and refract the light to form a variety of strange symbols along a circular design. The blue light escapes to the left, where another electronic device contains it.

"What the heck..." he whispers.

Carefully, he walks along the perimeter of the strange circle. As he examines it closer, he recognizes some of the smaller symbols as magical runes. However, he can't read the symbol at the very center of the circle of light. Perhaps if he only leans a little bit closer and -

"CRASH!"

Grimnír rubs his head painfully as his vision starts to clear. That was both careless and stupid, falling over like that. He forces himself up as the pain subsides. Then, as he looks around, he plants his palm upon his forehead.

"Now that was stupid," he tells himself.

The devices have fallen into disarray, and some of them lie in pieces at his feet. Frantically, he tries to put the apparatus back together, but he fails miserably. Damn this luck! He better get out of here before someone finds out that he -

"H-hey!" cries a new voice. "I-Is anyone out there?"

Grimnír tightens his grip on the staff as he carefully walks toward the sound. Seems like it came from a dark corner at the end of the chamber. As silent as possible, he makes his way forward to investigate.

"P-please," cries the voice weakly. "I-I don't like it here! I don't like this darkness!"

Somehow, the voice sounds familiar. As he steps closer, he can hear someone sobbing quietly. He can sense fear as he approaches, and moments later, he recognizes the silhouette of a person lying helplessly on the ground. It looks like a small girl.

"W-who are you?" whispers the girl. "I-I'm not afraid!"

Grimnír's eyes widen in surprise, shock and confusion. The person lying before him, tied up with ropes and blindfolded, is most certainly Wriggle Nightbug. Green hair and a pair of distinctive antennae - there can't be any mistake. However, she seems to be wearing her usual clothes, and he can see no magic runes or symbols on them.

[ ] Untie her. Ask her what happened.
[ ] Untie her. Carry her outside.
[ ] Untie her. Don't say anything.
[ ] Don't untie her. Ask her what happened.
[ ] Don't untie her. Carry her outside.
[ ] Don't untie her. Don't say anything.
[ ] Leave the place quietly. Don't get involved.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 14540
>seven minutes
>10:19
>10:26

Well played

[X] Untie her. Ask her what happened.
>> No. 14543
>>[ ] Don't untie her. Ask her what happened.

Normally, I'd choose the cautious option, but these are special circumstances...

[x] Untie her. There's no time to waste.
[x] Ask her to help you find Yukari.

I'm not ready to give up yet!
Yukari isn't the only one with "eyes everywhere"; Wriggle's buddies can comb the forest, making her an ideal search partner. Plus, mini-Yukari maybe be small, but something even smaller-- let alone something that numerous-- wouldn't overlook her.

I have no fucking idea how this will turn out, but writers sometimes reward devotion. I think it's worth a shot, and we can ask Wriggle what happened later.
>> No. 14545
[x] Untie her. There's no time to waste.
[x] Ask her to help you find Yukari.
>> No. 14546
[X]Custom: Untie her, ask her if she can walk/fly. If not offer to carry her while asking her what had happened. Soon join up with Alice and Mystia. Ask Wriggle if she can have bugs find a "small" body and if found hide it from plain sight.

The way Mystia's last worse on Wriggle fit the situation; Wriggle being alone and in darkness.

As for Yukari, It's probably best if she is kept hidden. On the off chance she is in fact alive but just resting, Grim would have to be concerned about carrying a small body that probably will face more danger than if it were "lost" atm. Can have Wriggle find this "body" and simply keep it hidden if needed.

Got to plan ahead... All of Gensokyo's going straight to Hell in a hand basket and it's inhabitants are clapping along...
>> No. 14547
>>14546

Sorry, but I can barely understand both your English and your logic.

>>As for Yukari, It's probably best if she is kept hidden. On the off chance she is in fact alive but just resting, Grim would have to be concerned about carrying a small body that probably will face more danger than if it were "lost" atm.

She was pretty clearly dying when we last saw her. Even if retrieving her were to somehow put her in harms way, she needs medical attention if she's going to survive (assuming, of course, that she is still alive.) Bugs can't render that kind of assistance.
Besides, we've already established that the danger has passed. I don't see how finding her would put her at risk any more than she already is.

However, I do support regrouping with Alice and Mystia while Wriggle's bugs search for us. As such, changing vote:

[X] Untie Wriggle, then ask if she can walk/fly. If not, offer to carry her.
[x] Ask if she and her "friends" can help find mini-Yukari.
[x] Leave the cave. Return to Alice and Mystia before continuing the search.
>> No. 14549
[x] Don't untie her. Carry her outside.

That circle of light is bad news, and we should leave quickly. Also, I don't trust Wriggle just yet. Better to talk to her outside with the others.
>> No. 14550
[X] Untie Wriggle. There's no time to waste.
--[x]If she is injured and unable to walk/fly, carry her.
[x] Ask if she and her "friends" can help find mini-Yukari.
[x] Leave the cave. Return to Alice and Mystia before continuing the search.
>> No. 14551
>>14549

I think we already broke the thing that was making the circle.
>> No. 14552
[X] Untie her. Ask her what happened.
[X] Untie her. Carry her outside.
>> No. 14557
>>14549
>>14552

Oh, screw you guys. Don't you care about poor Yukari? ;_;
>> No. 14558
[X] Untie Wriggle, then ask if she can walk/fly. If not, offer to carry her.
[x] Ask if she and her "friends" can help find mini-Yukari.
[x] Leave the cave. Return to Alice and Mystia before continuing the search.
>> No. 14559
[X] Untie Wriggle, then ask if she can walk/fly. If not, offer to carry her.
[x] Ask if she and her "friends" can help find mini-Yukari.
[x] Leave the cave. Return to Alice and Mystia before continuing the search.
>> No. 14561
>>14557

I'm all for finding her but since she may just have "disappeared" rather than become a corpse...

[X] Untie Wriggle, then ask if she can walk/fly. If not, offer to carry her.
[x] Ask if she and her "friends" can help find mini-Yukari.
[x] Leave the cave. Return to Alice and Mystia before continuing the search.
>> No. 14562
>>14561

Yeah, I would think she'd be either alive or "gone". Pseudophysical aspects don't just rot in the ground.

Still, we're looking for her because we want to, not because we're likely to succeed.
>> No. 14563
File 124147724916.jpg- (427.34KB , 550x761 , yukari & mini yukari.jpg ) [iqdb]
14563
Alas, mini-Yukari, we barely knew ye.
>> No. 14564
[X] Untie Wriggle, then ask if she can walk/fly. If not, offer to carry her.
[x] Ask if she and her "friends" can help find mini-Yukari.
[x] Leave the cave. Return to Alice and Mystia before continuing the search.
>> No. 14565
I'm guessing the writefag didn't anticipate this course of action...
>> No. 14571
[~] Untie Wriggle, then ask if she can walk/fly. If not, offer to carry her.
[z] Ask if she and her "friends" can help find mini-Yukari.
[e] Leave the cave. Return to Alice and Mystia before continuing the search.

It seems Wriggle, like the various 'Greys' of the Server Test stories, also has an overpowered double running around attacking people and not explaining things to them.

Curious.

Also, here's another theory.
If we're Odin, maybe the Trident Lunatic is Loki or something. Maybe that's why there was an attack on the SDM; to steal one of the sister's spears (Yeah, I know that's the new plot of GLS, but keine_sensei.jpg might have had it brewing for a while now.).

I don't know. It's late, and I may be completely off.

However, You have to admit "Sister's Spear" would make a great name for a Remilia x Flandre futa h-doujin.
>> No. 14580
File 124154746717.jpg- (212.68KB , 500x500 , wriggle.jpg ) [iqdb]
14580
Loading User Commands:
[X] Untie her. Ask her what happened.
[X] Custom

---

"Wriggle?" says Grimnír incredulously.

"W-who are you?" whispers the girl. "I-I'm not afraid!"

He pauses before the person. Her short green hair and the pair of distinctive antennae protruding from it are unmistakable - this girl is definitely Wriggle Nightbug. However, she seems to be wearing her usual boyish costume, and she doesn't have a heavy cloak and hood. None of her clothes have any magic runes or symbols.

Wait... is this a trap? But then, how did she change clothes so quickly? And how did she tie herself up? This is getting really confusing. However, he can't just leave her like this.

"It's me, Grimnír," he says carefully.

"Grim?" says the girl. "H-hey, where are you touching!"

"Stop squirming and let me get these ropes off..."

It takes him a couple of minutes to remove the bindings. He notices immediately that the rope is quite durable, and he senses a faint energy coming from it, not unlike his own magical barrier. Was it preventing Wriggle from using energy attacks? As he unties the last knot, he takes the rope and keeps it in his sack, just in case.

"There, I think that was the last one," he says. "Hey, are you alri -"

Suddenly, he feels something tackle him down to the ground. The back of his head hits a rock when he lands. His vision goes blurry for a moment in pain. Then, he gradually becomes conscious of a small, shuddering figure clutching tightly around his body.

"You came to rescue me," whispers Wriggle. "Y-you really came..."

His eyes widen in surprise, and, having nothing to say, he stays silent. Then, he realizes that the girl is sobbing silently. Gently, he wraps his arms around her. They stay together like that until she calms down. A few minutes later, she pulls herself away from him and wipes away her tears.

"So," says Grimnír. "Do you know who did this to you?"

The firefly girl, still sitting on the ground, shakes her head.

"It was so fast," she says. "Something flew up at me, and the next thing I know, I'm tied up and blindfolded. I couldn't even use danmaku to free myself."

"Couldn't you call your insect friends?" he asked.

"I already tried that," she replies. "For some reason, none of the bugs of the forest are listening to me anymore. It must have been that bad man with the trident!"

But that person saved his life, Grimnír notes to himself. This is getting complicated. He doesn't know who to trust anymore. He takes a moment to think.

"Wait... how long have you been here?"

"I have no idea," says Wriggle sadly. "I couldn't tell if it was day or night with my eyes covered."

Suddenly, the girl's stomach grumbles loudly.

"But it must have been a while. I'm so hungry..." she mumbles.

"Err..."

Grimnír rummages through his sack, but the only thing that looks edible are the mushrooms. But he isn't going to give her those. They might be poisonous, and he has no idea what they are even used for.

"Sorry," he says. "I really don't have anything to eat right now. We'll have to get out of here. Can you stand up?"

"Of course I can," says Wriggle defiantly as she forces herself up. "I'm not some weak human like -"

Suddenly, she loses her balance and starts falling. Grimnír barely catches her before she hits the ground.

"Umm... maybe I should carry you?" he suggests.

Wriggle looks up at him in surprise. Then, she looks away, her cheeks turning a little bit pink.

"W-well... maybe just a little," she whispers.

...

It took him several minutes to get back. He didn't realize how difficult it was to fly while carrying someone on his back. The firefly girl was actually pretty light, but he needed to exert more effort to manipulate the wind currents. Wriggle herself was pretty quiet during the trip, and he only realized that she had fallen asleep when he arrived at the clearing.

"Is she alright?" cries a familiar voice from below.

"Yeah," he replies. "Just tired and hungry, I guess."

As he lands, he takes something from his pocket. He quickly hands the medicine bottle back to Meiling.

"You look a lot better now," he comments.

"E-eh?" says Meiling as she looks at the medicine. "B-but how did you know about this?"

"Well about that," says Grimnír. "Would you know anyone that -"

Then, he senses someone else approaching. Turning to his left, he can see Alice speeding toward him. Behind her are a troop of dolls carrying some kind of make-shift hammock. He can see a pitiful figure that could only be Mystia resting upon it. She still looks unconscious, but most of her wounds have been bandaged.

"Oh my... what happened here?" cries Alice as she looks at the devastated ground.

"Long story," he says. "In any case, we better get Wriggle and Mystia back to Eientei."

"Ah!" says Meiling. "M-miss Alice? How unexpected, ha ha..."

"Eh? What are you doing here?" the dollkeeper asks.

"Nothing!" replies the gatekeeper. "Nothing at all! Just out for a walk... ha ha..."

Both he and Alice frown at Meiling. What the heck is she trying to hide?

"A-anyway," she continues. "I better get back to the Mansion and report to Sakuya and the mistress. That nothing of interest was found, of course! Ahahaha..."

At those words, Meiling laughs uneasily as she slowly starts walking away.

Grimnír pauses for a moment.
[ ] Don't let her escape. Block her path if you have to.
[ ] Convince her to tell you what she knows. (Specify how)
[ ] Forget about it. You have other things to worry about.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 14588
[X] Don't let her escape. Block her path if you have to.
>> No. 14595
[x] Forget about it. You have other things to worry about.
[x] Bring the injured back to Eientei.
>> No. 14596
>>For some reason, none of the bugs of the forest are listening to me anymore.

BLAST!
We've been foiled!
You bastard...
>> No. 14597
[x] Don't let her escape. Block her path if you have to.

Maybe she knows what Remilia wouldn't tell us.
>> No. 14599
>>14596
see >>11032

Oh shit.
>> No. 14601
>>14599

Oh, I see.
So Wriggle was a useless moeblob with nothing going for her other than a "reverse trap" gimmick from the very beginning?

Wriggle Nightbug... you disappoint me.
>> No. 14602
>>14599
> "Something's wrong with them," she says. "No matter what I say or do, they just won't listen to me any more! Some of them even started attacking travellers, and there was a whole bunch that just flew off somewhere! Something must be driving them all mad!"
> "The bugs of the forest, of course! Who else do you think I was talking about?"
>> No. 14608
[x] Don't let her escape. Block her path if you have to.

Goddammit, if she has information then we're going to get it. We just saved her ass.

>[ ] Convince her to tell you what she knows. (Specify how)
This would probably be better, but I can't think of a good write-in.
>> No. 14609
[x] Don't let her escape. Block her path if you have to.
[X] Convince her to tell you what she knows.

Lives are at stake damn it
>> No. 14612
[X] Convince her to tell you what she knows.
--[X] "I just saved your life. If you know anything that could help us..."

Simple as that.
>> No. 14613
[X] Convince her to tell you what she knows.
--[X] "I just saved your life. If you know anything that could help us..."
>> No. 14614
>>12330
>"The bug youkai?" says the lunarian doctor. "I believe that she left this morning. She said that she had some important things to do."
That was the last we heard of Wriggle until this whole thing. And the last we saw of her was in:
>>11254
>"Hmm," Eirin says. "May I borrow her for a moment, then? I'd like to ask a few questions."
>Wriggle glances at him nervously, but she gives him a slight nod.
>"I-I guess I can tell you what I know," the firefly girl says.
>"Please come with me to my office," says the Lunarian.
>Eirin pauses to turn to Grimnír.
>"This might take a while, and it can get pretty technical," she says. "Why don't you show yourself to Alice? She was asking about you earlier. Or perhaps you'd prefer to stay here to watch over Marisa?"
She was going into Eirin's office, alone, to talk with her.
Eirin, who has definitely been up to some suspicious shit, given her talks with Reisen and hush-hush conversations.
Eirin, who seemed awfully interested in shooing us away from her office.
Eirin, who gave us some wacky unknown concoction.

...But yeah, I'm totally sure nothing bad happened while Eirin and Wriggle were alone together.

Nothing at all.
>> No. 14615
>>14614

Oh shit.
>> No. 14617
[X] Convince her to tell you what she knows.
--[X] "I just saved your life. If you know anything that could help us..."

eh it works
>> No. 14633
>>14236
>>I just suddenly realized how much the thread's OP pic makes me miss Marisa.

You know, I normally don't care much for Marisa, but ever since she stopped appearing in this story... So ronery ;_;
>> No. 14639
File 124170754271.jpg- (39.06KB , 427x556 , alice.jpg ) [iqdb]
14639
Loading User Commands:
[X] Don't let her escape. Block her path if you have to.
[X] Custom

---

"A-anyway," says Meiling. "I better get back to the Mansion to make my report. That nothing of interest was found, of course! Ahahaha..."

She laughs uneasily as she starts walking away from them. Grimnír hesitates for a moment to think. Then, he gently shakes Wriggle awake.

"Uuu... w-what?" mutters the firefly girl.

"I need to put you down for a bit," he says as he carefully lets her off his back. Wriggle sleepily complies as she rubs her eyes.

"Huh? Where did the bug youkai pop out from?" asks Alice.

"Later," he says.

As the gatekeeper turns around to leave, Grimnír takes to the air and quickly flies in front of her. He raises both of his arms to block her path.

"We need answers," he says sternly. "I can't let you run off like this."

"E-eh?" cries Meiling. "B-but I don't know anything! Really!"

He shakes his head at her obvious lie. Then, he lowers his voice to a whisper so that the others can't hear them.

"I just saved your life," he whispers. "If you know anything that could help us..."

"I-I have no idea!" says the gatekeeper.

"Please," he adds carefully. "This isn't some isolated incident. Too many are getting hurt. We can't just stand here and watch."

A minute passes in silence as Meiling looks away, her face conflicted. For a moment, she acts like she is about to run off again. But then, she answers in a low voice.

"Neither can we..." she whispers back. "But we don't know much about it, either. This was the first time I've seen the enemy face-to-face."

"The enemy?" he repeats.

Meiling nods solemnly.

"The Mansion was attacked," she says. "It was really dangerous. That cloaked figure was only one of them."

"Attacked?" he says. "What the hell is going on?"

She frowns at him.

"As for saving my life, I'll have to apologize. This is all I can tell you. You see, my life already belongs to someone else. I can't betray the master's trust."

With those words, she gives him a low bow.

"I-I'm sorry, sir!" cries Meiling loudly. "I-I really have to go now!"

Before he can stop her, the gatekeeper speeds past him and is soon out of sight. Seems like she won't tell him anything else, and she made it a point to tell only him. Grimnír pauses to think. Are the incidents related?

"Is something wrong?" asks Alice.

He jumps in surprise.

"Eh?" he mumbles. "Ah, sorry... didn't see you there..."

Alice frowns at him and waits patiently for an explanation.

[ ] Tell Alice about the battle with the cloaked figure.
[ ] Tell Alice about the identity of the 'enemy'.
[ ] Tell Alice about Yukari.
[ ] Tell Alice about the Wolf Knight.
[ ] Tell Alice about finding Wriggle in the cave.
[ ] Tell Alice about the attack Meiling mentioned.
[ ] Don't tell Alice anything.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 14642
A lot has happened since just a short while ago of reuniting with Alice and even more before that. Now's not really a good time to be explaining thing's heavily with two friendly youkais out of commission (Wriggle/Mystia) out in the open as well with the bizarre Spear man. Also isn't Marisa getting better/concious?

There for..

[X]Custom: Stand by Wriggle, (lost sight of her once not again this time...) "There's a lot of things I need to tell you Alice but first let's get to safety back at Eintei as well as get Mystia more aid from Eirin. Soon after we can discuss all that needs to be known along side with Marisa."

Along the way...

[X] Tell Alice about the battle with the cloaked figure but avoid mentioning what it/her appearance.

It's better to have some extra pairs of eyes in the event Wriggle(???)/DoppelWriggle comes around at least Alice and the others will be prepared. Plus we'd rather not scare Wriggle into thinking she's being injustly accused...

Once back to safety:

[X] Tell Alice about the Wolf Knight.
[X] Tell Alice about finding Wriggle in the cave.
[X] Tell Alice about the attack Meiling mentioned.
>> No. 14651
[x] >>14642
>> No. 14658
[x] >>14642

Get it moving
>> No. 14659
[X] >>14642
>> No. 14665
[X] >>14642
>> No. 14666
>>14664
>>the master

If the writer would kindly specify whether this was a typo or not....
>> No. 14668
[ze] >>14642

>>14639
>You see, my life already belongs to someone else. I can't betray the master's trust."
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 14669
>>14666
(Sorry, realized I'd recursively voted for >>14651 instead of >>14642 .)
>> No. 14706
>>14642

Works for me~!
>> No. 14708
[B]>>14642
>> No. 14713
File 124197901916.jpg- (175.33KB , 850x708 , group.jpg ) [iqdb]
14713
Loading User Commands:
[X] Tell Alice about the battle with the cloaked figure.
[X] Custom

---

Grimnír takes a few moments to organize his thoughts before speaking.

"Honestly, I'm still pretty confused about everything," he says. "But I'll give you the gist of what happened after I left."

Alice nods slowly. He takes a deep breath before continuing.

"So I followed the trail of explosions and burn marks on the trees until I got here," Grimnír says. "When I arrived, Meiling and a mysterious cloaked figure were already in a heated battle. Apparently, the stranger was the one who attacked Mystia's stand."

"A cloaked figure?" repeats Alice.

"Well, I'm not really sure who it was," he says carefully. "But the person used really powerful magic. She was able to take Meiling down with a single spell."

The dollmaker frowns at this, but says nothing. He makes sure not to mention that the cloaked figure looked exactly like Wriggle.

"Anyway, after she beat Meiling, she started coming after me," he says. "I tried to escape, but in the end I was forced into a corner. Then suddenly, someone who called himself the 'Wolf Knight' arrived and drove the cloaked figure off."

"Wolf Knight," repeats Alice carefully.

Grimnír takes care not to mention that this person was also the same human who who carried a trident around. He isn't really sure how Alice would react to that.

"He left right afterward, so I tended to Meiling and started exploring the area. I found Wriggle tied up and gagged in a cave nearby, so I brought her with me back here. Then, you arrived while I was talking to the gatekeeper."

"Hmm..." Alice says. "I guess a lot happened. Maybe I shouldn't have let you go alone."

He shakes his head quickly.

"Don't worry about it," he says. "In any case, we can talk about the details after we get back to Eientei. We should take Mystia to the clinic quickly. Wriggle should have a quick check-up as well."

The dollmaker opens her mouth, perhaps to argue, but she restrains herself when she glances at Mystia and Wriggle. The sparrow youkai seems to be sleeping a little better now, but her injuries still look pretty bad. The firefly girl looks pretty tired and sleepy, and her antennae twitch every so often.

"Tell me everything when we get back," she says.

...

"Is... Mystia going to be alright?" asks Wriggle solemnly.

"I don't know yet," replies Dr. Yagokoro coldly. "Please stay in the waiting room with the others."

"B-but I -"

"I'm not going to argue with anyone on this," she says.

Then, the lunarian doctor turns to Reisen.

"Escort everyone to the waiting room," she says succintly. "And please tell the other guests that I am with a patient that needs urgent attention."

The rabbit girl nods obediently and turns toward them. She quickly ushers Wriggle, Alice and Grimnír out of the operating room, closing the cold clinic doors behind her.

"I am very sorry," says Reisen with a bow. "It really would be best if we let Dr. Yagokoro focus on the patient."

"But Mystia is my friend!" cries Wriggle obstinately. "I won't leave her!"

"Rest assured that we are doing our best," replies the rabbit girl. "But we can't have too many inside the operating room. Dr. Yagokoro needs to concentrate."

"But -"

Grimnír puts a hand on the firefly girl's shoulder reassuringly.

"It's alright," he tells her. "She'll be fine. We just need to wait patiently out here and give Dr. Yagokoro some time to fix her up properly."

Wriggle glares at him defiantly, but after a few moments, she sighs and takes a seat on one of the chairs nearby. She looks a little calmer, but her face is still full of worry. Apparently, she and Mystia were really good friends.

"Reisen," interjects Alice. "Where is Marisa?"

The rabbit girl pauses to think.

"Ah!" replies Reisen. "We transferred her to one of the rooms at the other wing. Her body started recovering immediately after the doctor administered the medicine."

Without another word, Alice starts walking briskly toward the appropriate direction. Seems like she is much more worried about Marisa. He and Reisen watch her disappear at the corner before turning to each other.

"Well... I need to inform the other guests," she says quickly. "Sorry, but I'll have to leave you to your own devices."

She gives him a bow before walking off, presumably toward the living room. Wriggle pays no mind to the rabbit girl as she leaves. The firefly seems quite busy with her own thoughts.

Grimnír pauses to think.
[ ] Stay with Wriggle at the waiting room.
[ ] Follow after Alice toward Marisa's room.
[ ] Walk casually in the direction of the living room.
[ ] Head back to your room and think.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 14714
[X] Stay with Wriggle at the waiting room.

This isn't my bias against Marisa speaking. I honestly think we should keep an eye on Wriggle, both for her comfort and for my paranoia.
>> No. 14718
[X] Follow after Alice toward Marisa's room.
>> No. 14719
[x] Follow after Alice toward Marisa's room.
>> No. 14720
[†] Stay with Wriggle at the waiting room.
>> No. 14721
[x] Walk casually in the direction of the living room.
Pissing against the tide, but I don't see Yukari in the other options so...
>> No. 14722
[X] Stay with Wriggle at the waiting room
[X] Custom:
1.)Ask Wriggle if she can recall anything before being blindfolded and tied up. Perhaps sounds or words mumbled by her captor.
2.)Suggest to Wriggle if she would like to join up with Grim & Company.

Unless she vocally wishes to be alone I see no reason why not to wait along side her. Plus chances are she'll try to sneak in if no one watches. Another point is that if she's convinced into joining Grim, it would help solve a couple of problems.
A: With Wriggle along side us, there's a greater chance at trying to identify Wriggle(???)/DoppelWriggle.
B: keeping an eye on the Wriggle that we know.
>> No. 14727
[x] Follow after Alice toward Marisa's room
>> No. 14728
Wait, what other guests?

[x] Walk casually in the direction of the living room.
>> No. 14729
[x] Walk casually in the direction of the living room.
>> No. 14735
[z] "Hold on just a moment..."
[e] Walk casually in the direction of the living room.

Other guests, you say?

Also, in before Mystia clone hijinks. Goodness knows the good doctor is not the least bit shady and did not fiddle about with Wriggle once she got her alone.

Not at all.
>> No. 14740
[X] Stay with Wriggle at the waiting room.
>> No. 14743
Votes for the three options are close, but I'll be calling it now. Selecting the more illuminating option first. Other votes will be taken into consideration.
>> No. 14744
File 124205461464.jpg- (325.39KB , 1000x1130 , reisen.jpg ) [iqdb]
14744
Loading User Commands:
[X] Walk casually in the direction of the living room.

---

"Well... I need to inform the other guests," says Reisen. "Sorry, but I'll have to leave you to your own devices."

She gives an apologetic bow before hurrying off, presumably toward the living room. Wriggle pays no mind to the rabbit girl as she leaves. The firefly seems quite busy with her own thoughts. Her eyes dart up to the cold steel doors of the operating room every so often. She seems really worried about Mystia.

Grimnír pauses to think.

Wriggle looks relatively calm at the moment, and she doesn't act like she might try something stupid. While she could use some reassurance, he doesn't know if he is the best person to talk to her about such things.

Alice, on the other hand, left without hesitation when Reisen told her about Marisa. According to the lunarian rabbit, the black-white magician's condition should be improving. But perhaps it might be best to give the two some time alone.

Heading back to his own room is also an option, but he will lose the chance to meet with the others. However, he can probably read one of the new books he borrowed from the Voile Library in relative peace there. A nap would be fine too.

Then, something in his mind lights up, almost painfully. Other guests? While he generally doesn't involve himself with the business of others, this is something he can't ignore. Does anyone else know about Marisa's injury? Or maybe there are others getting hurt? Are there similar incidents happening in other places?

Grimnír quickly stands up and takes a couple of steps forward. Then, he becomes aware of a pair of eyes staring at him from behind. He turns around to see Wriggle cock her head slightly to the side, puzzled.

"Err... I'm just going to check something out for a bit," he says. "Will you be alright by yourself?"

"..."

The firefly girl frowns for a moment before slowly looking to the side. Sighing to herself, she waves at him vaguely. It might just be his imagination, but her antennae droop a little as she turns away. Somehow, he feels a little bad inside.

...

It took him several minutes to navigate his way through the labyrinth that is Eientei. While he had been here for a while now, the place was still quite difficult to map out. Three times, he found himself opening doors that lead into the wrong rooms. Of course, he didn't accidentally enter the bath or someone's bedroom while they were changing. Such clichéd events only happen in harem anime and visual novels. Gensokyo was most certainly not such a place.

"... see? Something did..."

"Ha ha... both could... more cheer~"

"... is unnecessary... moderation..."

"Umm... excuse me..."

Grimnír slowly pauses before the living room door. He can hear some voices from within.

"Please excuse the good doctor. She is currently busy with an emergency patient. 'If you have to leave, we can set another time for the meeting', she said."

A probing silence follows. He can almost feel the lunarian rabbit's tension.

"I can wait for a little longer. It would be too troublesome to travel outside again."

"Ara? That's fine with me as well. I have some other business here~"

"Wa-wait... wait! Lemme get thish straight... we were here for a meeting?"

Grimnír suddenly gets the feeling that if we walks inside right now, he might get caught up into something quite complicated. But then again... isn't he already?

[ ] Stay outside and eavesdrop a little longer.
[ ] Enter the living room calmly.
[ ] Carefully walk away.
>> No. 14745
[X] Stay outside and eavesdrop a little longer.
>> No. 14746
[x] Stay outside and eavesdrop a little longer.
>> No. 14747
[X] Stay outside and eavesdrop a little longer.

What could possibly go wrong?
>> No. 14749
[X] Stay outside and eavesdrop a little longer.
Suika is in the room, Reimu probably with her. What could possibly go wrong?
>> No. 14753
[x] Stay outside and eavesdrop a little longer.

Suddenly, Yukari parks her bust on Grim's back, her head next to his and whispers into his ear: "Miss me?~"
>> No. 14754
[x] Stay outside and eavesdrop a little longer.

Yukari's back!
>> No. 14756
>>14753

If I had a dime for every time that happened to Anonymous...
>> No. 14758
>>14756

Meh, I haven't seen her glomp someone from behind in all the stories I've read.
>> No. 14759
>>14756

Reimu would come knocking on the door demanding anon to cleanse thyself and eagerly insist on some donations to aid in the cleansing process..

[X] Eavesdrop option plz
>> No. 14760
Seems like Yukari is required to act messed up in one way or another in all the stories. This Yukari is actually pretty nice in comparison.

But would Anonymous accept a dere~dere Yukari?
>> No. 14761
autosaging started need new thread!
>> No. 14762
>>14760

Yes. A thousand times yes.

A teary-eyed Yukari appears and says she's tired of being treated like a sexual object and just wants a hug.

ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO HUG A GAP YOUKAI?
>> No. 14763
I'll just go with the obvious choice... Though, I think I'll tweak it a little.

[x] Stay outside and eavesdrop a little longer.
[x] Enter when/if you feel you have enough information to not get caught up in what's going on.
>> No. 14765
>>14762

And then the typical anon simultaneously gets Moebeetus, Diharrea, rotting teeth, and melts into a sugary flesh glop from the sheer cuteness and sweetness.
>> No. 14766
>>14765

Good end.
>> No. 14773
>>14760
>But would Anonymous accept a dere~dere Yukari?

First or second run of TS, I believe ended with a filial affirmation between her and the protagonist. We would see this relationship blossom into an incestuous and irrevocably hateful antagonism, compounding over each iteration.

Voters at the beginning of this run of AD's Graze the Rainbow voted to drop all pretensions at control and self-determination with a 'hug me?' (and there was even speculation at the time that she was the self-labeled 'motherly' candidate), but AD wrote-out the memory in order to preserve her status relative to the protagonist as an omnipotent and decidedly unsympathetic adverse party.

We've seen her turn from seeming benefactor into malefactor (MiG), the opposite (Sousha), and many cases of vacillating or undecided disposition (Sigurd, Aoi, Kenshiro, Grimnir here obviously). Sometimes she's completely sympathetic to the protagonist (Hakunon in HLA). Other times she's just plain monocle-dropping nasty (KC).

The difficulty is that in the stories where she appears, she is too important as a plot device to allow the protagonist to like her. In the Landlord story in /others/ for example, she is the prime mover and in fact an apparently concerned and benevolent party, but here the protagonist is hedged against developing sympathy--and, it seems, of any of the presumed consequences of interaction--not so much by her characterization as the dominating presence of a (normally incidental) third-party, Ran, used here as a counterweight.
>> No. 14774
>He turns around to see Wriggle's cock.
>> No. 14783
Server reconnected: >>14782
>> No. 14852
File 124219350094.png- (727.19KB , 850x1200 , a8880c57b905d93307368a05227144bb.png ) [iqdb]
14852
>>14773
You left out HLA. I really love her in that, I'd like to see her route next.
>> No. 14854
>>14852
>You left out HLA. I really love her in that, I'd like to see her route next.

>Sometimes she's completely sympathetic to the protagonist (Hakunon in HLA).
>> No. 14874
>>14854
who am I kidding I can't read

also
>The difficulty is that in the stories where she appears, she is too important as a plot device to allow the protagonist to like her.
we liked her fine in HLA, that was the part I was responding to
>> No. 15587
>>14874
>who am I kidding I can't read
That's MY gimmick, jackass.


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x