- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 14004)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 123956435522.jpg - (355.80KB, 600x600, 0bc800a9f4c374306cc8e0521b45b0f8.jpg) [iqdb]
14004 No. 14004
[x] It's night, so you should go to Mystia's stand. She might have food, too.

Well, sitting here all night would be boring. Wriggle and the others are probably at that stand, having fun. Maybe eating, too. And, it would feel a little strange if you didn't head there, since you do every night.

You try to stand up again, but fail. It's habit. This is really annoying; you hope it'll go away soon. Instead, you move up and away, the only feeling being the cool air on your face. None of the ground on your feet.

The problem is, though, that you don't really know where you are. It's dark, and you don't know exactly how you got here. Heading above the tree line helps, though. The moon is really bright today. It's almost a full circle tonight, but there's a little piece missing on the left.

You can see the lake from up here, and the field that you were in earlier. It should be easy to find your way from up here. You just need to fly in this direction. Then, when you get to the lake...

… yeah. There it is. You can see the light from up here. It took a while to fly over this far, but you found it. As you get closer, you can see Rumia and Wriggle, sitting in front of it. Like normal. You head lower, and Mystia notices you from behind the counter.

“Oh, looks like Phobe's here,” She says, waving. Wriggle and Rumia both turn to look at you. You wave back, and float your way over to the stand.

“What's up with your legs?” Wriggle asks, “You're usually running.”

You try to think of a way to describe it, taking a seat. “They... broke,” You say, “It's really annoying.”

“They what?” Wriggle asks, leaning a little closer. “Come on, legs don't just break. We're youkai. What'd you do?”

[ ] Nothing.
[ ] You made a strong youkai mad. That's all.
[ ] Tell the whole story.
Expand all images
>> No. 14005
[x] Tell the whole story.
>> No. 14006
{X} Tell the whole story.
>> No. 14007
[x] Tell the whole story.
>> No. 14008
[x] Tell the whole story.
>> No. 14010
[x] Nothing.

Phobe attempting to act stoic/manly and (most likely) failing miserably...

MOE.
>> No. 14011
[x] You made a strong youkai mad. That's all.
>> No. 14012
[x] Tell the whole story.
>> No. 14014
[x] Tell the whole story.
>> No. 14016
[x] Tell the whole story.
>> No. 14017
[x] "A mean lady hurt me. She did it just because she said she didn't like me"
>> No. 14018
[x] Tell the whole story.
>> No. 14019
[x] Tell the whole story.
>> No. 14020
[x] Tell the whole story.

“Who's hungry?” Mystia asks, butting in. “I had a good catch today.”

Rumia's the first to speak up, and then Wriggle. You're last.

Mystia turns back to the rear of the stand after nodding. “So, what's the story?” Wriggle asks.

“Well, I guess I made her mad,” You say, going through the event in your mind. “She said her flowers didn't like me, and told me to leave. I didn't want her to push me around, but she did anyway...” You sigh. “She was really strong, and when she kicked me, something made a crack noise in my back.”

You look up, and notice everyone is staring at you. “Flowers?” Wriggle asks, her face twisting in a strange way. It's like she's trying not to smile, but smiling at the same time. “You mean, big yellow ones?”

You nod.

“Were they spinning?” Mystia asks. You look back, and she's frowning a little.

“No.” You say, shrugging. “They were all looking at me, though. I think. It was creepy.”

Mystia shakes a little. “I think I went there once. It's that way, right?”

She points, and you nod.

“Oh, so that was you,” Wriggle says, no longer holding back her smile. “Yuuka must have been in a good mood today.”

“Yuuka?”

Wriggle gives you a description. “That's who you fought, right?”

You nod. “But, she seemed kind of angry...”

“Nah,” Wriggle says, laughing. “If she was angry, you wouldn't be getting up for a week.”

“She's scary, even when in a good mood,” Mystia says, nodding. “At least she doesn't come to the forest much.”

“Right,” Wriggle says, nodding. “So, did you get that car thing or whatever moved?”

“No...”

“What's a car?” Mystia asks, turning back from the grill again.

“It's a box thing you can sit inside,” You say, “I guess it comes from the outside. They use it to move around in. I said I'd move it for Rinnosuke, but I had to play with those humans, and then I met that youkai...”

“Hmm.” Mystia says, turning back towards the meat. “Is it really big?”

“Yeah,” You say, “We could all sit inside.”

“I wanna see~,” Rumia chimes in. “Let's go see it later~”

“It's really dark, though,” You say. “I don't know if I can find it, since it doesn't have a lamp on---”

You hear a noise in the forest, past where you can easily see. A really loud crunching noise.. Something just stepped on a dry branch, you think.

You hear laughing. It sounds... older. “And we were trying to be quiet, too, to sneak up on my dear Mystia.”

Out of the shadows steps a woman, dressed in a light blue cloth. There's someone in green beside her.

“Wah!”

You turn around, to find Mystia looking at them with a look similar to fear on her face.

Wriggle laughs. “She's baaaaack, Mystia.”

“I'm baaaaack,” The woman says, sounding like Wriggle. She's closer now. You can make out little butterflies on her blue cloth, and a little swirly thing on her hat. There's something strange about her. Not a human. Not a youkai. Something else. The one next to her is kind of human, but not. “Oh,” She says, taking a seat next to you, “Who's this? You're cute~”

[ ] You're not cute, you're a youkai.
[ ] Give her your name.
[ ] Let someone else give her your name.
>> No. 14021
[ ] You're not cute, you're a youkai.

No Hpobe, you are the cute.
>> No. 14022
[x] You're not cute, you're dangerous.
[x] Show your meanest face.
>> No. 14023
[ ] You're not cute, you're a youkai.
>> No. 14024
{X} You're not cute, you're dangerous.
{X} Show your meanest face.

Angry pout.
>> No. 14025
[x] You're not cute, you're dangerous.
[x] Show your meanest face.

Pout~
>> No. 14026
[X] You're not cute, you're a youkai.
[X] ANGRI FAES~
>> No. 14027
[X] You're not cute, you're a youkai.
[X] Try to look mean!

>>You can make out little butterflies on her blue cloth, and a little swirly thing on her hat. There's something strange about her. Not a human. Not a youkai. Something else.

I'm stumped.
>> No. 14028
>>14027

Oh wait, I just realized it.

Mystia should probably hide.
>> No. 14029
[X] You're not cute, you're a youkai.
[X] ANGRI FAES~
>> No. 14030
[X] You're not cute, you're a youkai.
[X] ANGRI FAES~
>> No. 14031
[X] You're not cute, you're a youkai.
[X] ANGRI FAES~

hahahaha
>> No. 14032
[x] You're not cute, you're a youkai.

The way she puts it... it makes you want to disagree. Just because you can. Today wasn't really a good day, and she's not really a youkai anyway. How dangerous could she be?

“I'm not cute,” You say, trying to put on a mean face. Kind of like what Wriggle does at times. “I'm a youkai.”

She smiles. “And I'm a ghost.” Ghost, ghost... right. You think you know what that is. The dead that aren't really dead. Spooky things. She looks pretty good, for what a ghost should look like. And, if she's a ghost, the one that just sat down next to her is a half ghost. A half ghost swordsman with a little bit of mist around her, since you can make out her features pretty well now.

She turns to face Mystia. Mystia... she almost looks like a ghost should. Pale. “Mystia~,” She says, leaning over the counter towards her, “I'm hungry~”

“I-I-I'll cook you some lamprey, ok?” Mystia asks, backing up. “That's ok, right? Right? Hahaha, you wouldn't want to eat... me... right?”

Just what is going on? Eat her? That's really strange. You look around. The part ghost is sort of frowning, Wriggle is watching with a smile on her face, and Rumia doesn't seem to care. The ghost pauses for a minute.

“Nope.” The ghost says, finally breaking the silence. “Lamprey, today.”

Mystia lets out her breath. She'd been holding it for a while. This scene... is ridiculous. You can't help but smile.

“R-right,” She says, turning around to face the grill, “Right.”

“Lady Yuyuko...”

The one sitting next to the one sitting next to you talks. The half ghost.

“Lady is so embarassing,” The ghost says, laughing, “Just Yuyuko when we're out having fun, ok?”

Yuyuko. She has a name, at least. That makes things easier.

“L--- Yuyuko,” The half ghost says, looking at you “I think that that one is attempting to attack me. May I attack back?”

“It's not her fault,” Yuyuko says, turning to face the other girl. “So it's fine. You can handle it, can't you? You're well trained.”

“... I suppose.”

Yuyuko pats her on the shoulder. “Want some lamprey? I'm paying, so you better not say no.”

The half ghost nods. “One stick, please.”

“Got that?” Yuyuko asks loudly, causing Mystia to jump. “Youmu wants one, too.” Youmu. Yuyuko and Youmu. You'll remember it.

“Y-yes!” Mystia yells back, “Got it!”

“I still don't see why you want to eat here,” Youmu says, glaring a little at you. “The crowd is unpleasant.”

Wriggle gives you a light poke in the back. At least, you think it's Wriggle.

[ ] See what Wriggle wants.
[ ] Attack? Not your fault? What they said earlier is confusing.
[ ] Ignore Wriggle. You'd rather glare back at this Youmu.
>> No. 14033
>ANGRI FAES~


Gee, it sure is gaiafaggotry in here.
>> No. 14034
>>14033

Well, NOW it is.
I don't see how that was any more gaiafag-like than THE GAEM.
>> No. 14035
[X] See what Wriggle wants.
>> No. 14037
[ ] Attack? Not your fault? What they said earlier is confusing.
>> No. 14038
>>14034

Well, for one, "The Game" doesn't look like it was written by a 13 year old with ADD that's possibly weeaboo.
>> No. 14039
[ ] Attack? Not your fault? What they said earlier is confusing.
>> No. 14040
[x] look cute and innocent until they get their food. Wait for the right moment.
[x] Steal Yuyuko's food.
[x] Eat it in front of her.

they will never see it coming until it is too late.
>> No. 14041
This feeling of being attacked or the premonition of under threat seems to be connected with our power.

How do we exploit this situation to find out more while getting chummy with Yuyu and Youmu?
>> No. 14044
>>14038

"lurk moar."
"so i herd u liek mudkipz."
"shootan gaems."

Allow me to formally welcome you to the internet, faggot.

Lolcats-style language has been around for ages. Deal with it.
>> No. 14045
>>14044

How about I just keep on calling you out on your faggotry for shitting up threads with gaiafag drivel? 2 out of 3 of the examples you're posting is dumb shit I barely ever see outside of /b/, and I'm sure nearly everyone agrees /b/ is a god damn cesspool.

>ANGRI FAES~

Is stupid and you're a shitstain for condoning it(and possibly browsing /b/). End of discussion.
>> No. 14046
File 123968194267.jpg - (243.53KB, 900x900, e0a5ab11629c6a17206ccdf57dc5eccf.jpg) [iqdb]
14046
>>14045

Your strong vocal opinion over an all-caps statement has been noted.

Thanks for showing us your incapability of dealing with some text on an image board.

Also, I had to look up gaiafaggotry, gaiafag, and then gaia to figure out what you're whining about. I'm not quite making a connection here, so I see no problem in proposing MOAR ANGRI FAES as an acceptable solution to your problem.
>> No. 14047
This is exactly why we can't have nice things. Take this shit to /b/ or make a thread on /th/, but please stop this in here.

mode, delete all the faggotry including this post.
>> No. 14048
File 12396826794.jpg - (750.01KB, 800x1080, a1c7d6f4935d379999f57d55337ff224.jpg) [iqdb]
14048
>>14047

I see /th/, but I don't see a /b/. Do you mean /border/?


[X]Attack? Not your fault? What they said earlier is confusing.
>> No. 14049
[x] look cute and innocent until they get their food. Wait for the right moment.
[x] Steal Yuyuko's food.
[x] Eat it in front of her.
hahahahahaaha
>> No. 14050
[X] "How come Youmu and the flower lady don't like me? Everyone says I'm doing things when I'm not. It's not fair."
[X] Pout, get teary-eyed.
>> No. 14051
Changing vote.

[x] "How come Youmu and the flower lady don't like me? Everyone says I'm doing things when I'm not. It's not fair."
[x] Pout, get teary-eyed.
>> No. 14052
[X] "How come Youmu and the flower lady don't like me? Everyone says I'm doing things when I'm not. It's not fair."
[X] Pout, get teary-eyed.
>> No. 14053
[X] "How come Youmu and the flower lady don't like me? Everyone says I'm doing things when I'm not. It's not fair."
[X] Pout, get teary-eyed.

Dawwwww
>> No. 14054
{X} "How come Youmu and the flower lady don't like me? Everyone says I'm doing things when I'm not. It's not fair."
{X} Pout, get teary-eyed.
>> No. 14055
[z] "Hold on."
[e] Now... Attack? Not your fault? What they said earlier is confusing.
>> No. 14056
[x] "How come Youmu and the flower lady don't like me? Everyone says I'm doing things when I'm not. It's not fair."
[x] Pout, get teary-eyed.
>> No. 14058
[X] "How come Youmu and the flower lady don't like me? Everyone says I'm doing things when I'm not. It's not fair."
[X] Pout, get teary-eyed.
Awww.
>> No. 14061
[X] "How come Youmu and the flower lady don't like me? Everyone says I'm doing things when I'm not. It's not fair."
[X] Pout, get teary-eyed.
>> No. 14063
[x] "How come Youmu and the flower lady don't like me? Everyone says I'm doing things when I'm not. It's not fair."
[x] Pout, get teary-eyed.
>> No. 14064
[X] Now... Attack? Not your fault? What they said earlier is confusing.
[X] "How come Youmu and the flower lady don't like me? Everyone says I'm doing things when I'm not. It's not fair."
[X] Pout, get teary-eyed.

Ok, seriously, we need to figure out what our power is and how to control it.
It's starting to get in the way.
>> No. 14067
[x] Attack? Not your fault? What they said earlier is confusing.

Wriggle can wait. You reach around and brush off her hand. What Yuyuko said earlier was confusing. And Youmu. You're not doing anything, again, and they're getting angry. Why? So annoying.

“What am I doing?” You ask, maybe a little louder than you should have, “I'm not attacking anything. I'm just sitting here, and people always get angry. It's not fair,” You quiet a little. “and it hurts.”

“See, Youmu?” Yuyuko says. “You made her sad. She doesn't know any better.”

Youmu frowns, and turns away.

“You're using something on her, even if you don't know it,” Yuyuko says, watching Mystia do her cooking. She smiles every time Mystia glances over her shoulder, and it's kind of creepy. “Sort of like how you're breathing without thinking about it. I'm not sure what it is, but it feels... hmm,” She furrows her brows, “Negative? I'm not sure.”

“As if she is attempting to scramble my thoughts,” Youmu says, still not looking in your direction. “It's very irritating. I can feel my self control trying to slip away.”

“Give her a break,” Wriggle says from behind you, “She's only a few days old.”

Youmu grips the handle of one of her swords. “Quiet, insect.”

“No fighting, you two,” Yuyuko says, holding up her hands and looking at both of them.

Suddenly, you realize something. “But...”

Breathing. If she was right, that makes a lot of sense. Maybe. It might not work on some people, but if it works on something, you might be doing it on accident. Like breathing. And that would be why the flowers didn't like you, and the humans, and Youmu. But, if it's like breathing...

“... I can hold my breath.”

Yuyuko laughs. “You got it! Good work!” She gives you a pat on the back. You flinch a little, since you weren't expecting it. Her hands are... really cold, too. “Maybe you can hold that, too?”

“Yeah!” You yell. It's a great idea. Perfect. “But, I don't know where to start...”

“It's not hard~” Rumia says. She's standing behind you, but you didn't notice her walk over. “I'm doing it right now~”

“Dark?” You ask, to which she nods. “So, you don't turn it on?”

“Nope. I turn it off.”

“F-food's ready,” Mystia says, causing everyone to look at her. She's got four sticks of meat sitting on some paper, which she's bringing to the counter. The side closer to the guests, and you. One for Youmu...

[ ] One for someone else, and one for you. Perfect!
[ ] And two for other people. You'll have to wait for the next batch.
>> No. 14071
[x] "How come Youmu and the flower lady don't like me? Everyone says I'm doing things when I'm not. It's not fair."
[x] Pout, get teary-eyed.
>> No. 14072
>>[x] ...And three for Yuyuko.

You know it's coming.
But, more importantly:

[X] Ask Wriggle what it is she wanted.

We kind of brushed her off, earlier. That's no way to keep friends...
>> No. 14073
[X] Ask Wriggle what it is she wanted.
>> No. 14074
[X] Ask Wriggle what it is she wanted.
>> No. 14075
{X} Ask Wriggle what it is she wanted.
>> No. 14076
[X] And two for other people. You'll have to wait for the next batch.
[X] Ask Wriggle what it is she wanted.
>> No. 14077
[X] Ask Wriggle what it is she wanted.
>> No. 14078
[ ] One for someone else, and one for you. Perfect!

Yuyuko said to eat.
>> No. 14079
[ ] eat Mystia~
>> No. 14080
[X] Ask Wriggle what it is she wanted.
>> No. 14081
[x] Ask Wriggle what it is she wanted.
[x] Don't touch those meat-sticks.
>> No. 14082
[x] Ask Wriggle what it is she wanted.
[x] Don't touch those meat-sticks.
>> No. 14087
[X] And two for other people. You'll have to wait for the next batch.
[X] Ask Wriggle what it is she wanted.
>> No. 14093
[z] Ask Wriggle what it is she wanted.
[x] Don't copy that floppy.
[e] Don't touch those meat-sticks.
>> No. 14097
>>[X] Don't copy that floppy.

Oh, a meme that I'm not familiar with. I'll look it up.

.....

ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 14100
[X] And two for other people. You'll have to wait for the next batch.
[X] Ask Wriggle what it is she wanted.
>> No. 14101
[x] And two for other people. You'll have to wait for the next batch.
[x] Ask Wriggle what it is she wanted.

… and two for other people. They look really tasty, but you can wait for the next batch. And Wriggle wanted something, didn't she? You turn around. She looks at you, a blank look on her face.

“What was it?”

“Hmm?” She looks confused.

“You were poking me, so...”

“Oh,” She says leaning a little closer and talking a little more quietly, “Right. I was, uh... going to tell you not to make her mad. Little late for that now, though.”

“Who?”

She lowers her voice even more. “The guard dog.”

“Oh.” There's no dogs here. But, Youmu is kind of like a dog, maybe. And you did make her mad, so you think that's who she's talking about.

“Mmmmm!”

You turn back to the source of the noise, and find Yuyuko with a stick in front of her and one in her mouth. She pulls the one in her mouth out, and you can see that it has no more meat on it. “I want more~”

And she has more. The other stick is gone in one bite, too.

“I hope you have more than that,” Yuyuko says, leaning over the counter, “Or I might have to eat you after all, sparrow~”

“N-no!” Mystia yells out from behind the counter. “Lots more! I just have to grill it...”

Yuyuko just laughs. “Good, good! It's quite delicious, don't you think, Youmu?”

“... it's good, yes.” She looks like she's going to say something else, but then stops herself.

Looking behind you, Rumia is gone; back to sitting over on her side, looking kind of sad. She didn't get any meat, either. But, her advice... you'd like to try and follow it. If you want to stop breathing, you have to hold your breath. If you want to stop running, you have to stop moving your legs. But, if you want to stop making humans crazy with fear, you have to... what? It's a hard question.

Yuyuko leans back. “Hey, Mystia~” She says, in a sing-song voice, “You should sing for us~”

“W-what?” Youmu asks. “T-that's really not necessary...”

If you want to stop making humans crazy, you... you... have to stop making them be so silly? No, that's not it. They go crazy because you're a youkai. But, you can't just stop being a youkai, can you? That doesn't make any sense. What would you be then?

“Sure it is, Youmu,” Yuyuko says back, laughing. “It's the perfect thing to go with a meal of lamprey.”

Youmu scoffs. “No, it'd be terrible.”

If you weren't a youkai... well, isn't that the goal? Sort of. If you're a youkai, people are supposed to be afraid of you and do strange things. It's only natural. Scary things are scary. Rumia is dark, except when she isn't. You don't know exactly what Wriggle or Mystia do, but they seem pretty normal, too. Still youkai, but not acting like one. Hiding things.

“Maybe you should sing instead, then,” Yuyuko says, grinning “Or a duet?”

“W-what? No, I couldn't...”

How would you hide that, though? Maybe if you pretended that humans didn't have to be afraid of youkai, it might work. Maybe.

“I wanna hear Youmu sing~”

“I refuse,” Youmu says, looking down.

“You want to hear her sing, don't you?” Yuyuko says, turning to you.

Hmm? Oh, she's talking to you. About Youmu singing.

[ ] You would, if Youmu wanted to sing.
[ ] A little revenge for earlier would be nice.
[ ] Maybe her voice is really good? You wanna her it, too.

Also:
[ ] Try to turn your youkai off.
[ ] You'll worry about it later.
>> No. 14102
[X] Maybe her voice is really good? You wanna her it, too.
[X] Try to turn your youkai off.

Phobe expending effort and being innocent is always adorable.
>> No. 14103
{X} Maybe her voice is really good? You wanna her it, too.
{X} Try to turn your youkai off.
>> No. 14104
{X} Maybe her voice is really good? You wanna her it, too.
{X} Try to turn your youkai off.
>> No. 14105
{X} Maybe her voice is really good? You wanna her it, too.
{X} Try to turn your youkai off.
>> No. 14106
[X] Maybe her voice is really good? You wanna her it, too.
[X] Try to turn your youkai off.
>> No. 14107
[x] Maybe her voice is really good? You wanna hear it, too.
[x] Try to turn your youkai off.
>> No. 14108
[X] Maybe her voice is really good? You wanna her it, too.
[X] Try to turn your youkai off.

Phobe, the Youkai of Self-Consciousness?
>> No. 14109
[X] Maybe her voice is really good? You wanna her it, too.
[X] Try to turn your youkai off.
>> No. 14110
[X] Maybe her voice is really good? You wanna her it, too.
[X] Try to turn your youkai off.
>> No. 14112
[x] You would, if Youmu wanted to sing.
[x] You'll worry about it later.

Something tells me that if we try, we'll either pass out or double-up on the power. Perhaps, even, never being able to turn it back on.
>> No. 14113
[X] Maybe her voice is really good? You wanna hear it, too.
[X] Try to turn your youkai off.
>> No. 14117
[X] Maybe her voice is really good? You wanna her it, too.
[X] Try to turn your youkai off.
>> No. 14125
[x] Maybe her voice is really good? You wanna her it, too.
[x] Try to turn your youkai off.

“Yeah,” You say, “I want to hear it, too.” Singing is always fun, and Youmu might be really good at it. It's not like she has to if she doesn't want to, so it's fine.

“Me, too~” Rumia says, looking over. “I like singing.”

Yuyuko sighs. “You sure you won't sing for us, Youmu?”

“... am I being ordered to?” She asks. Her expression is dark, and she's looking at her feet.

“Well... no...”

“Then I refuse.” She says again.

Yuyuko smiles. “Well, just Mystia will be fine, then.”

Mystia nods, not turning away from her meal. She starts singing right away.

“Sizzle, sizzle, pop, pop~ We'll eat lamprey until our stomachs pop~”

The lyrics are kind of... weird. But nice. And her singing voice is really good. Everyone quiets down to listen to her. And, while you're listening, you might as well work on your thing. Turning your youkai off.

Since there's only one half of a human here, it should be easy. She won't be afraid of you because you're not trying to be scary. You're not going to attack. You're not going to think about how she would taste, or how scary those swords would be if she was attacking something that wasn't fighting back. No, you can just sit here and smile and listen to Mystia's song and not think of any of that.

Yuyuko gives you a curious look, but then looks back to Mystia.

The song last for a long time. Enough time for Mystia to fry up a lot of lamprey; you lose count of how many Yuyuko had by the end, but everyone had at least one.

“You sure?” Yuyuko asks, “I'm still hungry, but if there's no more...”

“I-I'm sure,” Mystia says, quietly looking into a box that she's got behind the counter.

“Well,” Yuyuko says, standing up. She's looking at Mystia, a smile on her face. “I'm still hungry...”

Mystia backs up a little, shaking.

“...but, I guess it can't be helped if there's no more.” Yuyuko says, getting out of her chair. She digs around in her blue clothes for something, a bag about the size of half your foot, and then sets it on the counter. “This should be enough, right?”

Mystia carefully reaches over for the bag, opens it, and looks inside. “Ah, thank you very much. This is plenty.”

Yuyuko turns to Youmu. “Ready to go, Youmu? I'm kind of tired...”

Youmu gives a quick glance around. She seems less mad than before, but still really serious. “...yes.”

“Bye bye, Mystia,” Yuyuko says, waving “and Wriggle, and Rumia, and not cute youkai. I'll come back again sometime~”

“Bye bye~” Rumia says, waving. Mystia gives a little wave, while Wriggle gives a big one back. “Yeah, see ya.”

[ ] But... you're all going to play after this, right? See if they want to stay.
[ ] Wave goodbye.
[ ] Give her your name, then wave goodbye.
>> No. 14126
[ ] But... you're all going to play after this, right? See if they want to stay.

Oh Phobe..
>> No. 14127
[X] But... you're all going to play after this, right? See if they want to stay.
>> No. 14128
[X] But... you're all going to play after this, right? See if they want to stay.
>> No. 14129
[ ] Give her your name, then wave goodbye.
>> No. 14131
[ ] But... you're all going to play after this, right? See if they want to stay.
>> No. 14136
[x] Give her your name, then wave goodbye.
>> No. 14137
[X] But... you're all going to play after this, right? See if they want to stay.
>> No. 14144
[X] But... you're all going to play after this, right? See if they want to stay.
>> No. 14145
[X] But... you're all going to play after this, right? See if they want to stay
>> No. 14150
[x] But... you're all going to play after this, right? See if they want to stay.

“But... we're all going to play after this, right?” You ask, “Do you guys want to play, too?”

Yuyuko laughs. “We really shouldn't, but... what are you playing?”

You're not really sure. It changes every night. You look to Wriggle, who shrugs, and then to Mystia, who seems to be paying more attention to Yuyuko than you.

“We're playing with a box thing~” Rumia says, getting out of her seat. “But we have to find it first.”

“A box... thing?” Yuyuko asks, “What kind of box thing?”

“Um... a car!” Rumia yells, “It's a car. Right?”

She turns to you when asking the last part. “Right.”

“A treasure hunt, then? Well, if Youmu will let me...”

“You don't need my permission,” Youmu says, her expression still harsh. You wonder if she ever smiles? It'd be really nice to see, you think.

“Do we have a map?” Yuyuko asks, “Or eye patches?”

“Eye... patches?” You ask, not quiet getting what she's talking about. “I don't think so. No map, either.”

“Phobe knows where it is, though.” Wriggle says, before turning to you. “Right?”

[ ] “Right.”
[ ] “It's still dark, though, so maybe not.”
[ ] “I don't think I can find it now. Not at night.”
>> No. 14151
[ ] “Right.”
>> No. 14152
[x] “Right.”
>> No. 14153
[ ] “Right.”
>> No. 14154
{X} “Right.”
>> No. 14155
[X] “Right.”
>> No. 14156
[x] "I think so..."
>> No. 14166
[X] “Right.”
>> No. 14168
[X] “Right.”
>> No. 14179
[x] “Right.”

“Right.” You say, nodding. You know where it is. It's dark, so you might not see it, but you do know where it is. You point. “It's that way.”

Everyone's standing right now, so you lean forward to get off your seat, but... your legs don't hold, so you have to stop. You frown. You'd be flying anyway, since it'd be easier to see from the air, but it's still annoying. So, instead, you float off of the chair.

“Let's go~” Rumia says, floating up and in the direction that you were pointing. You look around first. Everyone seems to be ready, except for Mystia. She's busy cleaning things and closing things.

“A-ah, wait,” Mystia says, rushing around, “Just a minute.”

She quickly puts things away, takes the paper off of the counter, and does a few things to the grill. “There.”

“Lead on, Captain Phobe,” Yuyuko says, putting her hand to her forehead. “We'll follow you to the ends of the earth.”

You laugh. “It's not that far, though.”

“Come on~” Rumia says, floating a little further away. “I wanna see it~”

“Yeah, let's get going already,” Says Wriggle, taking to the air too.

And so you all leave. You take the lead, aiming in the direction that it should be in as you head above the trees. Mystia stays close to you, for some reason, with Yuyuko and Youmu following just a little behind her. Wriggle is somewhere off to the side, and Rumia is in the front.

“Mystia~” Yuyuko says, moving a little closer. “We need a sea shanty~”

“A w-what?” Mystia asks, sounding as confused as you are.

“Little songs that pirates sing at sea, to pass the time.”

Mystia frowns. “What's a sea?”

“A lake so big that you can't see the other side,” Yuyuko says. She pauses. “But, I don't think we have any in Gensokyo.”

“Hmm.”

Soon, Mystia is singing something about fish and people. It's really strange, but nice, too.

You're trying your best to see what's in the forest while this is all happening, but it's still really dark. The car was shiny, and there was only one tree right above it, so that's your only hope. It's impossible to see below the trees where it's fully covered.

You wonder if you should try to pass the time some way. The flight to the spot is going to take a few minutes, at least.

[ ] Talk to (write-in) about (write-in).
[ ] Just listen to them talk.
>> No. 14180
[B] Just listen to them talk.
>> No. 14181
[X] Just listen to them talk.
>> No. 14182
[x] Ask Wriggle if she can increase the number of lightbugs; you're having trouble seeing in the dark.
[x] Imagine how cool it would be to have a miniature sun, so you could have light whenever you wanted.

Mystia's song could be affecting us and she doesn't even know it. If that's the case, we can rely on Wriggle to shut her up.
>> No. 14189
[x] Just listen to them talk.
[x] Your danmaku is bright, right? Let's see if that can light up the forest.
>> No. 14193
[x] Just listen to them talk.
[x] Your danmaku is bright, right? Let's see if that can light up the forest.
>> No. 14205
[x] Just listen to them talk.
[x] Your danmaku is bright, right? Let's see if that can light up the forest.
>> No. 14216
No update today. Please bear with me, as the spring semester is coming to a close. This means that I'm going to be pretty busy this week, finishing all the final class projects that I let pile up and studying for exams. I'll try to keep updating daily, but if I miss a day or two or three, you'll know why. Writing while stressed out like this generally makes for not-very-good updates. It takes longer to phrase things right, which means it takes a lot longer to write one. I only have so much time in a day, so... yeah.

Again, I apologize, and I feel bad, but there's really not much I can do about it. So please wait warmly.
>> No. 14217
>>14216

good updates over bad/half-assed update

so I'll just wait warmly
>> No. 14220
>>14216

No worries. Good luck with those projects.
>> No. 14221
>>14216
take your time. Quality over quantity
>> No. 14225
[x] Just listen to them talk.

You'll just listen. Listen and learn, and maybe say something if someone says something to you. It's better to focus on looking anyway. You might miss it, since it's so dark. If only you had a way to light it up...

Danmaku... maybe that will work? But you'd have to shoot it down into the forest, and it disappears when it gets too far. You try it. The pattern now is simple, and just a little stream. Boring. But it does look kind of cool, because the colors in the stream are alternating. It doesn't work too well, though, so you stop. The bullets are brighter than the forest, so they're all you can see.

“Oh?” Yuyuko asks, “Did you find a nice target?”

“I can't see in the dark,” You say, frowning a little. “I was trying to see if danmaku would work.”

Mystia stops singing at this point. “You can't? It's really bright out tonight.”

“She might be like Rumi,” Wriggle says, moving closer so you all can hear. “Or Cirno.”

“Ah,” Mystya says, nodding. “Human-sighted?”

“No,” You say, shaking your head. “I can see good, just not when it's dark. The sun is nice.”

“Well, don't worry,” Wriggle says, “We'll be watching for it. What's it look like?”

You try to recall it as best you can in your mind. “It's red, and shiny, and shaped kind of like a box. Parts of it are clear, though, and you can see the inside. That part is kind of gray.”

Wriggle nods. “Got it. Mystia?”

Mystia nods, too. “Got it.”

Yuyuko laughs. “I'll help, too. Just keep leading on.”

You nod. Really, though, it feels like you're following Rumia, since she's flying ahead of you. If she sees as well as you do in the dark, though... why is she leading? Either way, Mystia starts singing again, and you all keep moving. It should be around here, you think, but you don't---

“Hey, is that it?”

Mystia stops singing again at the interruption. Wriggle points down into the forest, into a clearing off to your right. You... don't see it.

“Well, it's red and shiny, so... probably?” Mystia says, looking towards where Wriggle's finger is pointing. “What do you think, Phobe?”

You squint really hard, but still can't see anything. “I don't...”

Rumia turns around at this point, and notices that you all have stopped. “Is it there?” She asks, flying down towards the clearing. “We found it~”

Her voice trails off as she gets closer to the clearing, and farther away from you all. You decide to follow. If you can't see it from here, maybe if you... ah. There it is. It's not as red as it was in the sun, or as shiny, but you catch a bit of moonlight

“Huh.” Wriggle says, somewhere off to the side. “It makes more sense, seeing it up close.”

“Oh, it's nicer than I was imagining,” Yuyuko says, from the other side “They really have come a long way, haven't they Youmu?”

“It is different,” She agrees. What are they talking about? The car did come a long way, you think, if it's so rare. But she's not talking about the car, so it's confusing.

“A rare treasure,” Yuyuko says, closer now. You feel a light pat on your shoulder. “What were you planning on doing with it?”

[ ] You were planning to get it moved to Kourindou right away.
[ ] You were going to get it moved, but maybe it'd be fun to play with it a little first.
[ ] Something else.
>> No. 14226
[ ] You were planning to get it moved to Kourindou right away.
>> No. 14227
{X} You were planning to get it moved to Kourindou right away.
>> No. 14228
[x] You were planning to get it moved to Kourindou right away.
>> No. 14230
[ ] You were planning to get it moved to Kourindou right away.
>> No. 14231
[x] You were planning to get it moved to Kourindou right away.
>> No. 14233
[x] You were planning to get it moved to Kourindou right away.
>> No. 14234
[ze] You were planning to get it moved to Kourindou right away.
>> No. 14235
[x] You were planning to get it moved to Kourindou right away.
>> No. 14237
[x] You were planning to get it moved to Kourindou right away.

We'll play around with it eventually. When we have tools.

Phobe's automotive shop, located adjacent to Kourindou.
>> No. 14238
[B] You were planning to get it moved to Kourindou right away.
>> No. 14239
>>14237

When she's not busy fixing cars she stares into the pretty rainbow patterns in gasoline stains on the floor.
>> No. 14240
>>14239
>When she's not busy fixing cars she stares into the pretty rainbow patterns in gasoline stains on the floor.

Fuck yeah. It'll match her dress.
>> No. 14259
>>[ ] Play in the gasoline.
>>[ ] Go meet Mokou.
>> No. 14260
>>14259

needs more advice tewi
>> No. 14262
[x] You were planning to get it moved to Kourindou right away.

“It's not mine.” You say, “Rinnosuke wants me to move it for him, so I can get payment.”

“I see, I see,” Yuyuko says, “And you were going to get your friends to help?”

“Well, if they want to...”

“Eh,” Wriggle says, “I already said I'd help, right? I'm not about to go back on my word.”

“I'll help, too,” Mystia says, “It's big, but I think all of us can move it. It can't weigh much more than my stand, can it?”

By the time you get close to the car, Rumia is already looking inside the window. “This is cool~”

“It looks kind of smashed,” Yuyuko says, moving close to the part of it that is dented into the tree. Youmu follows, just a little behind her, while Wriggle and Mystia go check out various parts on the thing. “I bet the poor human driving this had one exciting ride.”

“What's up with these wheels?” Wriggle asks, bending down to feel the circles on the side of the car. “This is crazy stuff.”

“And how do you get inside?” Mystia asks, “I thought you could sit in it...”

[ ] You can try to answer a few questions before moving it. Maybe Yuyuko will help, too.
[ ] Work first, then other stuff.
[ ] Answer them while moving it.
>> No. 14264
[X] Work first, then other stuff.
>> No. 14265
{X} Work first, then other stuff.

Hardworking youkai.
>> No. 14266
[x] Answer them while moving it.

No reason we can't chat on the way.
>> No. 14267
Oh God, I keep envisioning the What Is Love video with the Prismriver sisters...
>> No. 14269
[B] Work first, then other stuff.
>> No. 14271
>>14267

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF2BH4wSy2I

Enjoy your can't unsee.
>> No. 14272
[x] Answer them while moving it.
>> No. 14273
lol

[x] Answer them while moving it.
>> No. 14274
[x] Work first, then other stuff.
[x] Rinnosuke can explain to them. You're not quite sure about it, yourself.

No play, and definitely no dropping the car out of awe while carrying it - not out of the sky, not on our feet.
>> No. 14276
[z] Work first, then other stuff.
[e] Rinnosuke can explain to them. You're not quite sure about it, yourself.
>> No. 14306
[x] Work first, then other stuff.

“C... can we move it first?” You ask, getting the attention of everyone around. “I know a little, but Rinnosuke would be a better person to ask.”

Wriggle stands up. “Yeah, I guess that's fine,” She says, facing the car. She slips her arms under the corner of the thing, and gives it a push upward, accompanied by a little groan. “Ugh... this is pretty heavy.”

“Oh, is it?” Mystia says, heading to the corner opposite of Wriggle. That one is a little bent up, though, so she grabs somewhere a little before the corner and lifts. “Haaa.... is is. What's this thing made out of?”

“Is that so?” Rumia asks, heading to the other corner that isn't crumpled. She doesn't try lifting it, but instead pushes it a little.

“Let's try it all at once,” Wriggle suggests, looking at you. “Could you get that corner?”

You nod, floating over to the other crumpled one. The very front looks like it might come off if you pulled too hard, so you grab closer to the wheel on that side. “You, too, Rumia,” You hear Wriggle say from behind you. “Ready? Everyone lift... now.”

And you do. You grab as hard as you can, and move up. It's... heavy. Really heavy. But you keep moving up slowly, instead of being stuck on the ground. Looking down, the four of you manage to keep going up.

You also notice Yuyuko, who waves. “I'll see you all later, next time I decide I want some lamprey~”

Mystia's corner drops a little, but soon gets back up to where it was. You want to wave back, but it's not possible. So you do what you can.

“Bye, Yuyuko and Youmu!”

“Haaaa...” You hear Wriggle exclaim from the back corner, after you've managed to get above the tree line. “This isn't so bad, is it? Which way are we going?”

“This way,” You say, moving a little in the direction of Kourindou. It's kind of awkward to move like this, but you'll manage. And you wonder what you're going to get for your payment. Something cool, you hope.

Mystia lets out a sigh of relief after a bit. “She's not following us. Finally~”

Wriggle laughs. “Mystia~” She says, mocking Yuyuko's earlier tone, “I'm hungry~”

Mystia laughs, too. “That's pretty good, but still really scary. At least she doesn't show up that often.”

“And that guard dog,” Wriggle says, her voice a little serious. “I'd like to beat her, just once.”

[ ] “Are they both really strong?”
[ ] “Why is Yuyuko so scary?”
[ ] “Beat Youmu in what? A fight?”
[ ] Just listen, you don't have anything to say.
>> No. 14307
[x] “Beat Youmu in what? A fight?”

you lost me
>> No. 14308
[X] Just listen, you don't have anything to say.

Socially awkward moe~.
>> No. 14309
[X] “Are they both really strong?”
>> No. 14310
[x] “Are they both really strong?”
>> No. 14311
[X] “Why is Yuyuko so scary?”

Traumatized Mystia moe~
>> No. 14315
[X] “Why is Yuyuko so scary?”
>> No. 14317
[x] “Why is Yuyuko so scary?”
>> No. 14319
[ ] “Why is Yuyuko so scary?”
>> No. 14321
[x] “Why is Yuyuko so scary?”
>> No. 14326
[x] “Why is Yuyuko so scary?”

“Why is Yuyuko so scary?” You ask, “She seemed nice.”

Wriggle laughs. “Can I tell the story, Mystia? Or do you want to?”

“I... don't want to,” She says, sighing, “It still creeps me out.”

“Right.” Wriggle says, “Well, there was a night a while ago where she was going through the forest with Youmu, causing trouble. I, uh...” She pauses, “sort of lost. Mystia, too. And, let me say that those swords are sharp. Sharp enough to, say, take apart a youkai.”

You can imagine that. She does seem like she's a fighter. They weren't causing trouble today, which is why Yuyuko didn't let her attack you earlier. But, why is Yuyuko the scary one? You don't...

“So,” Wriggle continues, “I didn't actually see this part, but I guess the ghost princess decided that Mystia was food. And ate her.”

“I didn't see most of it, either,” Mystia says, her voice sounding shaky again. “b-but it was still really creepy, you know? I mean, beating me is one thing, but e-e-eating me...?”

“Anyway, that's the story,” Wriggle says, speaking up, “She still comes by every once in a while. Not to fight, just to mess around. I think she gets bored with just the half ghost.”

“This is boring,” Rumia says, from the back. “Are we there yet?”

You look. The edge of the forest is a thing that even you can see in the night, and Kourindou is kind of close to that. The clearing it's in is... there. “No, it's over there,” you say, keeping up your grip. It's starting to loosen a bit, but you think you can hold on. At least until you make it over there.

Soon, you're over the clearing. You can see Kourindou sticking out in the night, since it's pretty white.

“Let's set it down over there,” Wriggle says, maneuvering her end a bit. “In that clear spot.”

You maneuver your end, along with Mystia and eventually Rumia. Lower, lower... and eventually, low enough. “Can we let go?” Rumia asks, “I'm tired~”

“Yeah,” Wriggle says, “At the count of three. One, two...”

On three, you let go. The car falls a little, even though it's wheels were already touching the ground. Your arms are tired, and your shoulders. You let yourself fall into the grass, and let out a sigh. “Heavy...”

“Yeah,” Wriggle says, somewhere above you. You look, and see her on top of the car, her legs dangling over.

“Heavy,” Mystia agrees, also sighing. You can see her under the car, also lying down.

You all rest for a while, not saying anything. You can hear the sound of everyone's heavy breathing, but it eventually dies down. Eventually, Wriggle speaks up to break the silence.

“Hmm. Think we should go bother that guy now?” Wriggle says, motioning to Kourindou. “He said he'd pay you, right?”

[ ] He did, so you should go in and get it.
[ ] But the store is dark. Maybe he doesn't want to be bothered.
>> No. 14327
{X} He did, so you should go in and get it.
>> No. 14328
[X] He did, so you should go in and get it.

It's not too late at night, right?
>> No. 14329
[X] He did, so you should go in and get it.
[X] Knock. Don't just barge in.

Don't want him thinking we're some feral youkai looking for a meal.
>> No. 14330
[X] But the store is dark. Maybe he doesn't want to be bothered.

He is busy sexing Yukari. He'll give a better reward when he is in a good mood, so wait until tomorrow.
>> No. 14331
[x] He did, so you should go in and get it.
[x] Knock. Don't just barge in.
>> No. 14332
>>14330
>>He is busy sexing Yukari

Wait what how did you I don't even
>> No. 14334
>>14330
>>14332

Wrong. If anyone is doing some sexing, it would be Yukari who would be in charge.
>> No. 14338
>>14332
Influenced by a different story.
>> No. 14345
In soviet Gensoukyou Yukari s... k, bland joke is bland.
>> No. 14353
I'll update this tomorrow. My strength for the day has been sapped. Things should be back to normal, though, now that I'm done with all the stuff I had to do.
>> No. 14354
>>14353

SPY SAPPIN' MAH KLAYMEN!
>> No. 14358
File 124089327361.jpg - (258.28KB, 720x960, 1238212339139.jpg) [iqdb]
14358
>>14334
>> No. 14369
[x] He did, so you should go in and get it.
[X] Knock. Don't just barge in.

“Yep. And he knows a lot about this thing, so he can answer questions,” You say, sitting up in the grass. “I'll go get him~”

You float up lazily, over the car and towards the front door. It's not too far away; just on the other side of the car itself. You reach over to slide it open, but pause as your hand touches the door. He's a human, maybe. So, a scary youkai showing up in the middle of the night without warning would be right. But you're trying not to be scary. You can let him know you're here.

You knock on the door, being careful to be loud but not break it. It looks kind of fragile.

No response. Maybe if you yelled?

“I have your car!”

No response. You sigh.

“Maybe he's asleep?” Mystia asks, still not having gotten up off of the ground. “It's kind of late for guys like him to be awake.”

“Is it?” You ask, floating away from the door. Still no lights in the place.

[ ] There's only one way to find out. Go inside.
[ ] You'll bother him tomorrow. You're kind of tired yourself.
[ ] You'll bother him tomorrow. For now, though, you can all play with the car.
>> No. 14370
[x] You'll bother him tomorrow. For now, though, you can all play with the car. Just don't break it...

>>14271 shall become a reality.
>> No. 14371
[x] You'll bother him tomorrow. For now, though, you can all play with the car. Just don't break it...
>> No. 14372
[x] There's only one way to find out. Go inside.

Yeah Phobe, go inside the cave! Magical wonders that'd behold when you enter!
>> No. 14373
{X} You'll bother him tomorrow. For now, though, you can all play with the car. Just don't break it...
>> No. 14374
>>14372
>>Yeah Phobe, go inside the cave! Magical wonders that'd behold when you enter!

Phooooobeeeee~
We're going to candy mountain Phooooobeeee~
>> No. 14375
[x] Get inside the car and honk the horn
[x] "KOOOOOUUURRIIIIIIIN~"
>> No. 14376
[x] There's only one way to find out. Go inside.
>> No. 14377
[x] Get inside the car and honk the horn
[x] "KOOOOOUUURRIIIIIIIN~"

hahaha, this choice amuses me.
>> No. 14378
[x] Get inside the car and honk the horn
[x] "KOOOOOUUURRIIIIIIIN~"
>> No. 14379
[x] Get inside the car and lean on the horn
[x] "KOOOOOUUURRIIIIIIIN~"
>> No. 14381
[x] Get inside the car and lean on the horn
[x] "KOOOOOUUURRIIIIIIIN~"

Of course we could all be wrong and a very upset, half dressed Marisa storms out and deals out a SPARKED END. Which would be awsome
>> No. 14383
File 124095185047.jpg - (8.88KB, 178x191, dara.jpg) [iqdb]
14383
[X] Get inside the car and lean on the horn
[X] "KOOOOOUUURRIIIIIIIN~"
>> No. 14390
[x] You'll bother him tomorrow. For now, though, you can all play with the car. Just don't break it...
>> No. 14391
>>14383

Can't unsee!
>> No. 14394
>[x] Get inside the car and lean on the horn
>[x] "KOOOOOUUURRIIIIIIIN~"

I want to vote for this, I really do.

But how does a less-than-a-week-old youkai knows what car horns is?
>> No. 14396
>>14394

Kourin used the horn, didn't he?
>> No. 14397
File 124096862758.jpg - (147.90KB, 600x650, 102788c45dbba48770ff24217f812475.jpg) [iqdb]
14397
Has anyone called out the fact that the driver of this car was ,most likely, the OC from Sakuya tripfag's story?
>> No. 14398
>>14396
Yes. We just have to mimic his actions.
>> No. 14403
I hope you don't mind me taking half of the vote.
================================================
[x] Get inside the car and lean on the horn

You did your work. Why isn't he answering? Maybe he can't hear you? You give the door another knock, and get no response again. Then, suddenly, you get an idea.

“Giving up?” Wriggle asks, as you float back over to the other side of the car. The side that Rinnosuke opened. You reach for the bump that he touched when he opened up the side.

“Nope,” You say, messing around with the little bump on the side. It's not as cold as the rest of the car, and it feels strange. Not wanting to break it, you just lightly move it around. To the side and in don't work, but up does. Then, you hear a click as the side pops out just a little and a light inside comes on.

“Oooh,” You hear Mystia say, somewhere on the ground. “What'd you do?”

“I opened it,” You say, smiling. That wasn't too hard. You open the door the rest of the way, grabbing on to the side and pulling out. “I want to make it make a loud noise, so he can hear me.”

“Loud noise?” Wriggle asks, leaning over to see inside the car. Mystia is peeking through the clear part on the other side.

“This,” You say, touching the top of the circle inside.

“BWAAAAAAAA---!”

You hear a thump from the top of the car, letting off of the circle when you do. Everything is suddenly quiet. Even the bugs aren't making noise.

“H...hahaha!” You suddenly hear Wriggle laugh, somewhere farther back than she was on top of the car. She sounds a little shaken, which is strange for her. “Good one! I didn't think it'd be that loud!”

“Me, either,” You say, a little shaken yourself. Very loud. It was quieter in the day, wasn't it? Maybe it doesn't like night, either. You peek at the house, but he still isn't coming outside.

“S-scary,” Mystia says, “Warn me next time!”

“Why did it do that~?” You hear Rumia asks, suddenly next to the side that you opened. “Let me try~”

She reaches inside and pushes on it a few times, laughing. Looking over, you can see Mystia holding her ears. Loud. Her ears are bigger than yours, though so it must be really loud for her.

Eventually, Rumia stops. “Huh. Does it do anything else?”

“I know that the back opens,” You say, floating yourself up. There's a light inside now. He must have just been busy doing something. “There he is,” You say, focusing on the door. He'll come out now.

You watch the door patiently from your side of the car, leaning on the roof next to Wriggle's crossed legs. Eventually the door slides open, and you see Rinnosuke with a lamp in his hand. But he looks... odd. His eyes are almost completely closed, and he's only wearing a little bit of clothes on his legs. They're like jeans, but a different color and more shiny. And they only go down to his knees.

He takes a look around. He looks at Wriggle, you, Mystia, and the car. Then he frowns, muttering something, as he turns around and goes inside. The door shuts behind him.

[ ] So, he isthere. Go in and ask for your payment.
[ ] He looked really tired. Maybe you should leave him alone.
>> No. 14404
[ ] Wait a bit, maybe he's getting your reward!
[ ] ...
[ ] ...
[ ] I don't think he's coming back.
[ ] He looked really tired. Maybe you should leave him alone.
>> No. 14405
[x] Get ready to siege that building. You ain't going to leave before he comes out.

Camping time! honk the horn every half hour, set a fire to grill some food so that the smell smokes him out. etc.
>> No. 14406
[x] He looks sick. Better leave before you catch it~

Youkai can catch human diseases, can't they?
>> No. 14407
[x] He looked really tired. Maybe you should leave him alone.
>> No. 14408
[x] He looked really tired. Maybe you should leave him alone.
>> No. 14410
[x] He looked really tired. Maybe you should leave him alone.
>> No. 14411
[x] So, he is there. Go in and ask for your payment.
>> No. 14412
[x] He looked really tired. Maybe you should leave him alone.

Now he knows.
We'll negotiate for an awesome hat worth that car after.
>> No. 14414
[z] He looked really tired. Maybe you should leave him alone.
[e] Make sure to shut the doors.
>> No. 14415
[X] Wait a bit, maybe he's getting your reward!
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] I don't think he's coming back.
[X] He looked really tired. Maybe you should leave him alone.
[X] Play with the car some more, but not the horn.
>> No. 14416
>You watch the door patiently from your side of the car, leaning on the roof next to Wriggle's crossed legs.
I couldn't help but picture Phobe and the girls sitting around a sports car in modern clothing and waking Kourin up to go clubbing with them.
>> No. 14418
[X] Wait a bit, maybe he's getting your reward!
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] I don't think he's coming back.
[X] He looked really tired. Maybe you should leave him alone.
[X] Play with the car some more, but not the horn.
>> No. 14419
>>14416

I find myself not wanting this to extreme degrees.
>> No. 14425
[x] He looked really tired. Maybe you should leave him alone.

“Hmm,” You say, watching the door. He looked really tired, almost like he was sleeping when he answered the door. “Maybe he was asleep...”

“He looked pretty dead,” Wriggle says, shrugging. “You seem to be good at waking people up, Phobe.”

“I do?”

“Well, that's at least two today, isn't it?” Wriggle says, smirking. “Me earlier, and then him...”

“Huh.”

“Is the whole thing that noisy?” Mystia asks, walking around from the other side of the car.

“I... don't know,” You say, being honest. “I just know that it does that, and that you can open the side and the back.”

“Awww,” Mystia says, “I wanted to see it do other things.”

[ ] You can keep trying to make it do other things.
[ ] Well, Rinnosuke did say it was broken, so you don't think it can. And, you're kind of tired, so...
[ ] Well, Rinnosuke did say it was broken, so you don't think it can. Suggest doing something else.
>> No. 14426
[ ] You can keep trying to make it do other things.
[ ] Be careful. You don't want to break it.
>> No. 14427
[ ] You can keep trying to make it do other things.
[ ] Be careful. You don't want to break it.
>> No. 14428
If only we could use metaknowledge...

>>[ ] Figure out how to start the car.
>>[ ] Locate the gas tank.
>>[ ] Take the dashboard cigarette lighter and toss it in.
>> No. 14436
[ ] You can keep trying to make it do other things.
[ ] Be careful. You don't want to break it.
>> No. 14438
[ ] You can keep trying to make it do other things.
>> No. 14444
>>14428
I frowned.
>> No. 14446
[x] You're kind of tired, so...
[x] Have Rinnosuke share his knowledge with everybody tomorrow.

>>14444
I laughed.

[x] Try and find the car alarm.
>> No. 14455
[ ] You can keep trying to make it do other things.

I have an urge to say "find a Kappa" , but there is no kappa around
>> No. 14456
Apologies for the non-update yesterday. My only excuse is that I was being lazy and hanging out with people that I won't see in three months.
================================================
[x] You can keep trying to make it do other things.

“Me too,” You say, a little disappointed that Rinnosuke doesn't want to show you all things. “Want to try to make it do other things?”

Mystia smiles a bit at this. “Yeah,” She says, poking her head inside the car. “Can I touch any of this and not break it?”

“I don't know,” You say, honestly. “Let's try it and find out.”

You float over to the other side of the car, passing over Wriggle. There's one of those slightly rough black things on this side, too, so you're able to open this side. “Rinnosuke was sitting inside,” You say to Mystia, who you can see through the other side “So let's do that.”

She nods, and gets inside. You do too. The chair is kind of nice; a little cold, but squishy and comfortable. And there is a back part to it, so you can let yourself fall backwards and be caught by it. It's easier than sitting up.

Mystia starts playing with the little sticks sticking out of the thing holding the wheel up. Pushing them up and down. “So, I should just--- oh!”

Two black bars swipe across the clear part that your facing, like someone waving an arm. You laugh a little at the surprise. “What was that?” You ask.

“I just pushed this one down,” She says, pointing to one of the black levers. You notice something that looks pushable on the end of it, so you reach out and poke it. Something shoots out of the front of the car, hitting the clear front.

“Hey,” Wriggle says, still on top of the car. “What're you doing? I just got splashed.”

You grin. “I just pushed this,” You say, a bit louder so she can hear.

“I wonder what else this can do?” Mystia asks, looking at the flat part next to the wheel.

“Oh, Rinnosuke tried all those,” You say, “They don't do anything.”

“So I should stick with these?” Mystia says, motioning to the black levers she was already messing with. You nod.

“All right,” She says, “How about this one?”

A green light starts to blink behind the wheel, behind some more clear stuff. You watch it for a while, and so does Mystia. There's a clicking noise, too. What is it doing? Why...

“It's blinking~” You hear Rumia say, somewhere outside the car. “The back is blinking~”

You float your way out. “I want to see,” you say, making your way to the back of the car. Sure enough, it's blinking red on one side. Why do they need it to do this? You don't get it. Then, it stops, and the other one starts blinking.

“Hey,” You say, “The other one is blinking.”

“And the arrow is pointing the other way,” Mystia says from the front, loud enough for you to hear. You float around to the open part to see, and she's right. “I wonder why?” She asks.

You shrug. “What else is there?”

Mystia looks around. “There's... this,” She says, pushing on some thing closer to where the circle is sticking out of. You hear a pop.

“Oh, that's the back,” You say, after taking a quick look. “Anything else?”

“Let's check.”

You nod, and start looking with her. There are a few pictures of things that look like you should be able to push them, but they don't do anything. You check the back row of seats, too, but only find a few circles with little pictures on them. They aren't that interesting. You wonder why there's so many circles in this thing? It's kind of strange.

“I don't see anything,” You finally say from the back, giving up. Nothing more to push or any sticks to pull, that you can see.

“Huh.” Mystia says, “Nothing here, either. You said it moved, right?”

“Rinnosuke said it did, but he said it's broken, too” You say. “Maybe that's what he meant.”

“Hmm.”

You lie in the back for a bit, not saying anything. Mystia lets out a yawn. “It's getting kind of late, isn't it.”

“I don't know,” You say, shrugging. You're tired, but not too tired, so you don't know how late it is. “Why?”

“I'm kind of tired,” Mystia says, leaning back in her chair. “I think I'm gonna go to sleep.”

[ ] Sounds like a good idea. You'll head to sleep, too.
[ ] Maybe you'll stick around. Is Wriggle going to sleep, too?
[ ] Something else (write-in).
>> No. 14457
[ ] Maybe you'll stick around. Is Wriggle going to sleep, too?
>> No. 14459
[X] Sleep in the car, the seats are quite comfortable.
>> No. 14460
[X] Sleep in the car, the seats are quite comfortable. Besides, you have nowhere else to sleep, and Mystia said you shouldn't sleep at her place every night.
>> No. 14463
[x] Sleep in the car, the seats are quite comfortable. Besides, you have nowhere else to sleep, and Mystia said you shouldn't sleep at her place every night.

You know what? Screw the reward. This is Phobe's car now.

And with enough IMAGINATION she can go anywhere, do anything! VROOM VROOM
>> No. 14464
[ze] Sleep in the car, the seats are quite comfortable.

Sleeping Curious Youkai is not a standard feature on all models.
>> No. 14465
[X] Sleep in the car, the seats are quite comfortable.
>> No. 14466
[X] Sleep in the car, the seats are quite comfortable. Besides, you have nowhere else to sleep, and Mystia said you shouldn't sleep at her place every night.
>> No. 14467
[X] Sleep in the car, the seats are quite comfortable.

Cute option.
>> No. 14469
[X] Maybe you'll stick around. Is Wriggle going to sleep, too?
[X] Sleep in the car, the seats are quite comfortable.
>> No. 14474
[x] Slumber party in the car!
>> No. 14480
New thread tomorrow. I spent all day moving, so I'm really tired.
>> No. 14481
>>14480

Hooray!
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x